PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thoughts on Preseason Game #2

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Boss, it was a terrible fucking pass and it was a terrible idea to throw it there.

Stanzi is not very good and that's the bottom line. I am Georgia fan. Leonard Pope was awesome at UGA but has not been very good in the pros. I know how you feel but you have to be realistic. It's the same thing with Boss starting over Mo.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Here is that same still, but zoomed out a little further to show the distance between the play and the linebacker.

Saying that the linebacker read the eyes of Stanzi, who was starring down the slant the whole time is simply not true.

Rocky McIntosh would have been right on the ball if that were the case.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:15 PM
It was a terrbile pass. He couldn't lead him because MacIntosh was there. Generally, on a slant route you want to lead the WR a little. Instead, he tried to throw it a little behind him and that is a dumb thing to do on a slant route. He didn't look anywhere else. He didn't throw it away. He shit the bed.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Here is that same still, but zoomed out a little further to show the distance between the play and the linebacker.

Saying that the linebacker read the eyes of Stanzi, who was starring down the slant the whole time is simply not true.

Rocky McIntosh would have been right on the ball if that were the case.

**** a bunch of stills. Lets see the play. Rocky Mac is a veteran LBer and he baited Stanzi's ass. Stanzi threw it right where he wanted him to. Stanzi was lucky it wasn't a pick 6. If he had thrown it where he was supposed to, it would have gone for a TD. He should never have thrown the ball. That's the point.

jd1020
It was a terrbile pass. He couldn't lead him because MacIntosh was there. Generally, on a slant route you want to lead the WR a little. Instead, he tried to throw it a little behind him and that is a dumb thing to do on a slant route. He didn't look anywhere else. He didn't throw it away. He shit the bed.

:spock:

He did a piss poor job of trying to throw it behind him. Since it was in front of him.

BossChief
To be fair, he escaped that, turned all the way around, and then just dropped the ball.

That can't happen, facemask or no.

And I have criticized him to no end for that...but the fact remains that if the refs made the proper call on the play, the fumble gets erased completely and Stanzi leads the offense to points on the drive...unless he fails to convert a 1st and 10 from inside the 20 yard line into points.

Fluke pick

Uncalled facemask on the quarterback.

Getting his fullback rag doll thrown right into him during his throwing motion.

Those are the three plays Stanzi is getting crucified for.

I agree with Phobia...I doubt the coaching staff is holding Stanzi fully accountable for any of those plays.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:19 PM
And I have criticized him to no end for that...but the fact remains that if the refs made the proper call on the play, the fumble gets erased completely and Stanzi leads the offense to points on the drive...unless he fails to convert a 1st and 10 from inside the 20 yard line into points.

Fluke pick

I agree with Phobia...I doubt the coaching staff is holding Stanzi fully accountable for any of those plays.

Excuses excuses. If that's Cassel, you are killing him. This will be his 7th preseason game. When will they hold him accountable?

jd1020
08-23-2012, 05:19 PM

Stanzi fumbled the ball. There is no one else to blame but him. You can't point to the refs for not calling a penalty.

And the play where his FB was thrown into him "during his throwing motion" was after he stopped his motion and tucked the ball. The ball should have been gone.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:20 PM
:spock:

He did a piss poor job of trying to throw it behind him. Since it was in front of him.

Yep. Like I said, he never should have thrown it. :clap:

The Franchise
08-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Yep. Like I said, he never should have thrown it. :clap:

He's making fun of you....dipshit.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:25 PM
He's making fun of you....dipshit.

I know. That's why the clapper. Say something meaningful sucker puncher.

The Franchise
08-23-2012, 05:26 PM

Meaningful?

How about this for meaningful?

You are now the dumbest motherfucker on this board......and that's saying a lot.

bevischief
08-23-2012, 05:27 PM

Watch out with those 2...

BossChief
08-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Stanzi fumbled the ball. There is no one else to blame but him. You can't point to the refs for not calling a penalty.

And the play where his FB was thrown into him "during his throwing motion" was after he stopped his motion and tucked the ball. The ball should have been gone.

Show me where I defended Stanzi for one second about the fumble.

Ill be waiting right here.

In fact, I can probably quote at least 5 of my own posts showing my disgust for him not protecting the football in that situation.

I even said, "if he doesnt protect the ball in situations like that, he shouldnt be allowed to play"

FFS, some of you dumbshits need to pay attention.

Its completely fair to slam Stanzi for the fumble at the same time as saying the play should have been nullified for a facemask penalty.

As far as the fullback thing...the first part of the fullbacks body to come into contact with Stanzis was his legs going right into Stanzis while he was still in his throwing motion.

Watch the whole play without it being cut into a gif and you will see the defender in position to pick the pass if it isnt zipped in there and floats even a little...which is exactly what happens when you throw without your legs.

Also consider the part of the field they are in....inside their own 20 yard line...if that ball is picked, its for 6.

It was a heads up play to take the sack and live to fight another day.

Simple as that.

Frankie
08-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Fluke pick

I agree. I think 'potentially' Stanzi is the best QB we have. I say this based on his mechanics and his history of putting bad plays out of his mind in a game.

Will he be our long term starter? I don't know. The odds are high against it. But I'm not ready to discard him like a lot of posters do. I have seen how players like Tamba Hali, Trent Green, Jared Allen, etc. were going to disappear in short order if left to the fans and CP posters.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Meaningful?

How about this for meaningful?

You are now the dumbest mother****er on this board......and that's saying a lot.

I don't know man. I was reading some of those threads in the HOF and there were some pretty dumb ones in there.

Alright, let's see if I can out do myself....

Pestilence, your posts stink! ahahahaha

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I agree. I think 'potentially' Stanzi is the best QB we have. I say this based on his mechanics and his history of putting bad plays out of his mind in a game.

Will he be our long term starter? I don't know. The odds are high against it. But I'm not ready to discard him like a lot of posters do. I have seen how players like Tamba Hali, Trent Green, Jared Allen, etc. were going to disappear in short order if left to the fans and CP posters.

But where are the good plays? I know he shakes it off but for what?

jd1020
08-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Show me where I defended Stanzi for one second about the fumble.

Ill be waiting right here.

In fact, I can probably quote at least 5 of my own posts showing my disgust for him not protecting the football in that situation.

I even said, "if he doesnt protect the ball in situations like that, he shouldnt be allowed to play"

FFS, some of you dumbshits need to pay attention.

Its completely fair to slam Stanzi for the fumble at the same time as saying the play should have been nullified for a facemask penalty.

I never said you were defending him. But you said that you doubted the coaches are holding him fully accountable for those plays. Who else is accountable? The protection needs to be better. Fine, good, great, whatever. The fumble happened after the fact. There's no one else to hold accountable.

Then on the play where the FB got pushed back into him. He was throwing the ball and then stopped and tucked the ball. THEN after he tucked it he was sacked. The ball should have been gone.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:40 PM
When people blame the refs it cracks me up. It makes me think they never played sports. Both teams have to deal with the refs. In most sports there isn't instant replay. In the NFL, people are literally cheating on every single play. Cheating is part of sports. In baseball they steal signs. In soccer there are flops. It's everywhere man. It's a fucking excuse.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 05:43 PM
You know what?

I will give one reason to defend Stanzi for the fumble.

Maybe he thought there was FOR SURE a flag for the facemask and thought he had a "free play" to work with and that's why he didn't throw it away.

Kinda like how a quarterback will throw a long pass into triple coverage after a offsides penalty.

Fuck, at least the guy escaped pressure and kept his eyes downfield trying to make a play.

God forbid we ever have a quarterback that does that....

jd1020
08-23-2012, 05:44 PM
You know what?

Maybe he thought there was FOR SURE a flag for the facemask and thought he had a "free play" to work with and that's why he didn't throw it away.

Kinda like how a quarterback will throw a long pass into triple coverage after a offsides penalty.

****, at least the guy escaped pressure and kept his eyes downfield trying to make a play.

If he thought he had a free play he should have thrown it? It was 4th down, wasnt it? Even if he didn't have a free play an interception down the field is better than a fumble behind the LoS.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 05:45 PM
When people blame the refs it cracks me up. It makes me think they never played sports. Both teams have to deal with the refs. In most sports there isn't instant replay. In the NFL, people are literally cheating on every single play. Cheating is part of sports. In baseball they steal signs. In soccer there are flops. It's everywhere man. It's a fucking excuse.

How many times have you seen REAL REFS not call a blatant face mask penalty that happens to the quarterback?

FFS the guy has BOTH HANDS holding onto Stanzis facemask.

Frankie
08-23-2012, 05:45 PM
But where are the good plays? I know he shakes it off but for what?

He did it at Iowa many times. In fact he brought their team back for wins a few times after stupid INTs. He's a Brett Farve type of QB. Notice I'm saying he is the next coming of Farve.

As for the good plays, I think he probably needs some consistent actual game snaps to get into the groove. Much like many RBs in a football game.

If I were Romeo I think I might have 3 of the 4 preseason games QBed entirely by a different QB. Do we know for sure if Stanzi would not have bounced back from a shaky start to a game and pulled off a win? When you know you are allotted a limited number of snaps in a game and it doesn't start well, you tend to force things which will most likely backfire as it did for RS last week.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:47 PM
You know what?

****, at least the guy escaped pressure and kept his eyes downfield trying to make a play.

Man o man... LOL if he did that, he needs to be cut today. That is nothing like throwing it after an offsides.

In baseball, different pitchers have different strike zones. The strike zones change with the batters. The best players get the advantage.

Remember when Flowers got called for pass interference on Johnson at the end of the Texans game in 2010? They were both tugging on each other and Johnson's was worse. Who got called? It was Flowers. The point is that the refs aren't going to be paying a whole lot of attention to a back up scrub o-linemen. It's especially pertanent in the regular season.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 05:49 PM
If he thought he had a free play he should have thrown it? It was 4th down, wasnt it? Even if he didn't have a free play an interception down the field is better than a fumble behind the LoS.

Please, go watch the play in full speed. Im not saying that in a rude way...I just want to you realize that Stanzi had almost no time at all to try and throw the ball after he got out of the two handed face mask grabbing DL.

The linebacker was RIGHT THERE as soon as he got outside the tackle box and closed immediately.

I agree though, he should have at least just heaved one up...like a punt with a hopeful completion.

Lets say he did that and it gets picked...lets not act as if the Planet wouldnt overreact to the pick even more than the fumble.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:50 PM
He did it at Iowa many times. In fact he brought their team back for wins a few times after stupid INTs. He's a Brett Farve type of QB. Notice I'm saying he is the next coming of Farve.

As for the good plays, I think he probably needs some consistent actual game snaps to get into the groove. Much like many RBs in a football game.

That's a good thing but, sometimes players don't translate to NFL. Like I said above, Leonard Pope was really good at UGA. There are alot of people that say Hershal Walker was the best college player ever and he wasn't as good in the pros.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Please, go watch the play in full speed. Im not saying that in a rude way...I just want to you realize that Stanzi had almost no time at all to try and throw the ball after he got out of the two handed face mask grabbing DL.

The linebacker was RIGHT THERE as soon as he got outside the tackle box and closed immediately.

I agree though, he should have at least just heaved one up...like a punt with a hopeful completion.

Lets say he did that and it gets picked...lets not act as if the Planet wouldnt overreact to the pick even more than the fumble.

You gotta play the hand you're dealt and that's the bottom line.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Man o man... LOL if he did that, he needs to be cut today. That is nothing like throwing it after an offsides.

In baseball, different pitchers have different strike zones. The strike zones change with the batters. The best players get the advantage.

Remember when Flowers got called for pass interference on Johnson at the end of the Texans game in 2010? They were both tugging on each other and Johnson's was worse. Who got called? It was Flowers. The point is that the refs aren't going to be paying a whole lot of attention to a back up scrub o-linemen. It's especially pertanent in the regular season.

God damn, you are completely football stupid.

A quarterback cant see the flag being thrown because he isnt looking for that.

His facemask was grabbed so tightly that his whole head turned more than 90 degrees...that should be called 100% of the time.

Dont give me anymore football stupid takes like "the refs arent watching backup linemen"....THE ONE PERSON THEY SHOULD ALWAYS BE WATCHING IS THE FUCKING QUARTERBACK FFS.

Now, go find a tall building and please, go to the top and dive headfirst into a rusty thumbtack.

whoman69
08-23-2012, 05:55 PM
The problem was that he stared Copper down the entire play and then threw it to him even though he was double covered. Pass interference etc. is irrelevant. Stanzi porked it.

Stared him down? It was a 3 step timing throw.

jd1020
08-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Please, go watch the play in full speed.

Can't. That train wreck of a game is no longer on my DVR.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 06:02 PM
The gif is in post 744.

Eachus steps back right into Stanzis leg while he is halfway though his throwing motion.

Its why Stanzi didnt release the ball.

It was a heads up play.

If he lets that ball go, its a pick 6.

Sack > pick 6

Nightfyre
08-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Bosschief, this is hilarious. Stanzi pulled the ball down before the fullback got tangled up with him. Just let it go, man. So he had a bad game, which did look worse than it was. He will have more opportunities.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Bosschief, this is hilarious. Stanzi pulled the ball down before the fullback got tangled up with him. Just let it go, man. So he had a bad game, which did look worse than it was. He will have more opportunities.

He pulled it down because a DE was flying in his face, choking the passing lane.

Stanzi did nothing wrong on that play whatsoever.

MagicHef
08-23-2012, 06:08 PM
How many times have you seen REAL REFS not call a blatant face mask penalty that happens to the quarterback?

FFS the guy has BOTH HANDS holding onto Stanzis facemask.

Probably 5 or so times last season with Tebow.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Probably 5 or so times last season with Tebow.

I said QUARTERBACK.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 06:12 PM
He pulled it down because a DE was flying in his face, choking the passing lane.

I didn't know you went to Iowa.

Frankie
08-23-2012, 06:13 PM
That's a good thing but, sometimes players don't translate to NFL. Like I said above, Leonard Pope was really good at UGA. There are alot of people that say Hershal Walker was the best college player ever and he wasn't as good in the pros.

I agree. What I'm saying is Stanzi comes from a pro offense and does have a history of what I told you. All I'm saying is it's too soon to discard him as one who'll never make it.

Nightfyre
08-23-2012, 06:14 PM

I agree that he was right to pull it down there - because the end closed the throwing lane. I also think Stanzi is getting a bad wrap for getting chased around by defensive linemen all game. He did go all Steve Bono on us with his happy feet, though. It's to be expected given that he is a young developing player. But Bosschief is reaching on a lot of his excuses and frankly, it's desperate. :shrug: Stanzi will have more opportunities and he certainly won't be cut like many of the chicken littles around here cluck.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2012, 06:16 PM
I didn't know you went to Iowa.

I only work in outer space.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 06:51 PM
I said QUARTERBACK.

With all do respect, Stanzi couldn't wash Tebow's jock strap for him. Stanzi hasn't done jack shit and Tebow has done quite a bit in very few games. It's about winning games.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 06:51 PM
I agree that he was right to pull it down there - because the end closed the throwing lane. I also think Stanzi is getting a bad wrap for getting chased around by defensive linemen all game. He did go all Steve Bono on us with his happy feet, though. It's to be expected given that he is a young developing player. But Bosschief is reaching on a lot of his excuses and frankly, it's desperate. :shrug: Stanzi will have more opportunities and he certainly won't be cut like many of the chicken littles around here cluck.

Let me give you a little backround.

I have been a Chiefs fan since the day I found out what "football" was.

My uncle always preached that all the team needed to do was draft a quarterback and start from there...he and my stepdad both went to Iowa and thats part of the reason I moved here in the first place...the rest was for work. I grew up in so cal, in Ventura, Ca.

Ive watched year after year as the Chiefs have traded/signed other teams trash quarterbacks that looked good for a game or two playing for some of the most elite teams of the last 30 years.

Bono
Grbac
Green (doesnt deserve to be in this category because of his defense, but thems the breaks)

and now Cassel.

None of these moves have worked.

Ive faithfully watched the Hawkeyes and know people that work for the athletic department of the school (and still know one of the guys that was very very high up the pecking order, but he is retired) and have family members that went there.

I have followed them the last 15 years or so.

Stanzi wasnt supposed to be shit when he got to Iowa City...we had a high recruit quarterback that was supposed to be THE GUY and Stanzi beat him for the job in an open competition.

Stanzi was never perfect, but he had something about him at Iowa that made him will the team to win games.

What sold me was the game against Indiana his first year...he had a rough start...made a couple dumb mistakes early in the game that put us behind.

We were down like 3 scores and Stanzi had a moment on the sideline during the 4th quarter where he basically took over the team right then and there.

Id have to go look it up to be precise on the details, but iirc he threw 4 touchdown passes in the last like 10 or 11 minutes of the game and won the game.

He was JUST LIKE Brett Favre the next two years (albeit no rocket arm, but still a strong one.) Highs and lows but a lot of wins and not many losses.

He would make some mistakes (half of his college picks were in the first quarter of games) and lead the team to the win nearly every time from seemingly behind.

The offense was a run first one, but Stanzi made a lot of really good plays when we needed them and that gave us a balanced offense that was fun to watch.

This is all happening when I get to watch Iowa kick ass on Saturday and then followed the next day by watching Cassel shit his pants for KC.

When we drafted Stanzi, it is was like a match made in heaven.

I knew the kid would have a chance if he went to a team with some talent so he wouldnt need to be a guy throwing the ball 50 times a game to stay in it and we were exactly that...but maybe a year or two off due to age of the key players.

Both games this preseason, I think the kid has gotten a raw deal.

I think the guy has made some heads up plays that the play result was poor and that he has unfairly taken the blame.

To be honest, I think the coaching staff still might see Stanzi in the picture for the #2 role...dependent on his play in the next two preseason games.

It sure would be nice to have this fucking team FINALLY give the draft pick a chance to play over the vet backup they signed...but if they dont, it will be nothing new. IMO if the battle is a close one after game 4, the tie should go to the younger player that is under contract for longer.

C'est la vie as a Chiefs fan, I guess.

This one would hurt a little worse than other examples because he was a Hawkeye, but not by as much as some here think.

I still think Stanzi has a chance when a lot of you guys (not saying that part to you, directly) have written the kid off after last game.

Time will tell which side is wrong.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 06:55 PM
God damn, you are completely football stupid.

A quarterback cant see the flag being thrown because he isnt looking for that.

His facemask was grabbed so tightly that his whole head turned more than 90 degrees...that should be called 100% of the time.

Dont give me anymore football stupid takes like "the refs arent watching backup linemen"....THE ONE PERSON THEY SHOULD ALWAYS BE WATCHING IS THE ****ING QUARTERBACK FFS.

Now, go find a tall building and please, go to the top and dive headfirst into a rusty thumbtack.

:) Alright man, I will quit arguing with you tonight. What I said was right. Cheating is part of sports and you can't blame it on the refs. It is what it is. If you are to the point that you are defnding a player by blaming it on the refs, you have officially lost it imo. Go have a beer man.

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 07:02 PM

My uncle always preached that all the team needed to do was draft a quarterback and start from there...he and my stepdad both went to Iowa and thats part of the reason I moved here in the first place...the rest was for work. I grew up in so cal, in Ventura, Ca.

Ive watched year after year as the Chiefs have traded/signed other teams trash quarterbacks that looked good for a game or two playing for some of the most elite teams of the last 30 years.

Bono
Grbac
Green (doesnt deserve to be in this category because of his defense, but thems the breaks)

and now Cassel.

Ive faithfully watched the Hawkeyes and know people that work for the athletic department of the school (and still know one of the guys that was very very high up the pecking order, but he is retired) and have family members that went there.

Stanzi wasnt supposed to be shit when he got to Iowa City...we had a high recruit quarterback that was supposed to be THE GUY and Stanzi beat him for the job in an open competition.

Stanzi was never perfect, but he had something about him at Iowa that made him will the team to win games.

What sold me was the game against Indiana his first year...he had a rough start...made a couple dumb mistakes early in the game that put us behind.

We were down like 3 scores and Stanzi had a moment on the sideline during the 4th quarter where he basically took over the team right then and there.

Id have to go look it up to be precise on the details, but iirc he threw 4 touchdown passes in the last like 10 or 11 minutes of the game and won the game.

He was JUST LIKE Brett Favre the next two years (albeit no rocket arm, but still a strong one.) Highs and lows but a lot of wins and not many losses.

He would make some mistakes (half of his college picks were in the first quarter of games) and lead the team to the win nearly every time from seemingly behind.

The offense was a run first one, but Stanzi made a lot of really good plays when we needed them and that gave us a balanced offense that was fun to watch.

This is all happening when I get to watch Iowa kick ass on Saturday and then followed the next day by watching Cassel shit his pants for KC.

I knew the kid would have a chance if he went to a team with some talent so he wouldnt need to be a guy throwing the ball 50 times a game to stay in it and we were exactly that...but maybe a year or two off due to age of the key players.

I think the guy has made some heads up plays that the play result was poor and that he has unfairly taken the blame.

To be honest, I think the coaching staff still might see Stanzi in the picture for the #2 role...dependent on his play in the next two preseason games.

It sure would be nice to have this ****ing team FINALLY give the draft pick a chance to play over the vet backup they signed...but if they dont, it will be nothing new. IMO if the battle is a close one after game 4, the tie should go to the younger player that is under contract for longer.

This one would hurt a little worse than other examples because he was a Hawkeye, but not by as much as some here think.

I still think Stanzi has a chance when a lot of you guys (not saying that part to you, directly) have written the kid off after last game.

I hate to tell you this man but he was a 5th round pick and he looks like one. David Green, former UGA QB, was awesome. He came from behind in a ton of games too. He was the SEC's all time passer. We won SEC Championships with the guy. We were one dropped pass at Florida away from a shot at the national championship. He was drafted in the 3rd round by the Seahawks. He later moved to Indy. He is out of the league and never did shit.

At UGA, Mathew Stafford didn't do half the things that David Green did. We were even ranked #1 with Stafford as our QB one year. Stafford had all the tools and Green did not.

It's the same thing with Stanzi. Stanzi is another David Green. If he had the perfect throwing motion, arm, brain, and will to win, he would have been a first round pick. He doesn't have it man and he looks like a 5th round pick. It's funny the way it works. It's a different game out there.

Coogs
08-23-2012, 07:04 PM

Bono
Grbac

and now Cassel.

It sure would be nice to have this fucking team FINALLY give the draft pick a chance to play over the vet backup they signed...but if they dont, it will be nothing new. IMO if the battle is a close one after game 4, the tie should go to the younger player that is under contract for longer.

Well done, sir! Well done!

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 07:06 PM
He's David Green

Greene played quarterback at the University of Georgia in college. He began his career as a redshirt freshman in 2001, being named the starter before the season. His most notable freshman game occurred at #5 Tennessee, known as the "hobnail boot" game. This phrase was coined by Georgia's famous play-by-play announcer Larry Munson. After Tennessee took the lead in the fourth quarter on a successful screen pass with :44 left, Greene led the Bulldogs back down the field with an inspiring series of quick passes. The winning touchdown pass went to fullback Verron Haynes in a now famous play known as "P-44 Haynes" or the "Hobnail Boot" play with just five seconds remaining on the clock. Upon Greene's completion to Haynes in the endzone for the winning touchdown, announcer Munson made this fateful call: "We just stepped on their face with a hobnail boot and broke their nose. We just crushed their face!"

This play marked the beginning of Greene's record-setting career at Georgia, highlighted by guiding the team to a Sugar Bowl victory in 2002. The same season he led the Bulldogs to their first SEC championship since 1982. He was named SEC Offensive Rookie of the Year after the 2001 season, and was the 2002 Offensive Player of the Year for The Southeastern Conference. In 2004, Greene made 214 consecutive pass attempts without an interception, a record that stood until broken by Andre Woodson from Kentucky in 2007.

At Georgia, one of Greene's roommates was friend and future Cincinnati Bengals defensive line David Pollack, who was drafted 17th in 2005. The two played football together when they were younger in Snellville, though they went to different high schools.

Greene finished his college career as the winningest quarterback in NCAA Division I history with 42 wins in four years, eclipsing the record previously held by Peyton Manning. However, on November 21, 2009, University of Texas quarterback Colt McCoy broke his record with a win over University of Kansas. Greene is the Southeastern Conference all-time career leader in yards gained with 11,270.[1]

BossChief
08-23-2012, 07:10 PM
He's David Green

Go fist your grandmother (TM)

Black Bob
08-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Go fist your grandmother (TM)

The David Green reference was pretty generous actually.