PDA

View Full Version : Football You guys really have weepy vaginas!!!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Try 14/9/7. Never a dull moment.

I have a 14 yr old. That's plenty.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2013, 06:18 PM
So you wouldn't have had the patience for what happened to Dallas in the early 90s?

Of course not.

Mecca nailed this fan base a long time ago.

More worried about a respectable record than taking the risk associated with being great.

As a new TrueFan, I'm hoping we keep it respectble againt the Cowboys and Eagles so my tailgate at the Giants game is more fun.

BigMeatballDave
Alex Smith is just Steve DeBerg Part II. We all know how this song and dance will end.

Crystal ball?

lcarus
I have a 14 yr old. That's plenty.

I have a hard enough time taking care of myself lol

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 06:19 PM

Trust me when I say I can wait for those days.

:D

I have daughters. I can't imagine what it'll be like when they're both teenagers.

I foresee a lot of beach time in my future.

NJChiefsFan
09-13-2013, 06:19 PM
You need to learn how to evaluate QB play.

Comfortable in the pocket? Runs through reads?

Did you watch the game?

Yeah I did. I thought he went through his reads just fine. The comfortable in the pocket comment is relative to him being a rookie. I thought he had a decent game. If he was on my team I would have been fine with how he played. Obviously he made some bad mistakes and the red zone INT was a really bad one, but saying that game is proof that we shouldn't have wanted Geno is a joke.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Of course not.

More worried about a respectable record than taking the risk associated with being great.

As a new TrueFan, I'm hoping we keep it respectble againt the Cowboys and Eagles so my tailgate at the Giants game is more fun.Mecca also whiffed badly on Hali...

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Crystal ball?

In fairness, people have already judged the careers of guys who have played one or two NFL games, so judging a guy who has 8 years in the league shouldn't Ben frowned upon.

DaneMcCloud
Of course not.

As a new TrueFan, I'm hoping we keep it respectble againt the Cowboys and Eagles so my tailgate at the Giants game is more fun.

So, you truly believe that people would be pissed and/or turned off by Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton, Dalton, Luck or Griffin?

Again, there's a HUGE difference between being a young, NFL ready QB and a guy that's NOT NFL ready, yet thrust into a starting position.

vailpass
Trust me when I say I can wait for those days.

I have daughters. I can't imagine what it'll be like when they're both teenagers.

I foresee a lot of beach time in my future.

Mine are all boys, it's frenetic. Teens are lots of work. Good on you and your beach time.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Mecca also whiffed badly on Hali...

And?

Who here hasn't missed at some point?

He's dead on about the fan base, people just don't want to admit it.

NJChiefsFan
09-13-2013, 06:22 PM
He looked good at times, which were followed up by horrendous decisions, overthrows, underthrows and awful pocket presence. Essentially, the same knocks he had back in April.

Maybe he'll "get it" and maybe he won't. But he's faced two of the worst defenses in the NFL his first two weeks and has four INT's.

And without an egregiously stupid play on the behalf of Lavonte David, the Jets would be 0-2.

I am not trying to claim that he has proven he will be a good QB. But the point of the OP was to say that wanting Geno was silly, and I don't think the first two games showed that at all.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2013, 06:23 PM
So, you truly believe that people would be pissed and/or turned off by Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton, Dalton, Luck or Griffin?

Again, there's a HUGE difference between being a young, NFL ready QB and a guy that's NOT NFL ready, yet thrust into a starting position.

People still bash guys with multiple rings like Manning and Roethlisberger in their prime, so yeah.

Matt Ryan is a huge POS according to CP.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Of course not.

Pretty much. I'm not even caring about college quarterbacks anymore in the draft- even though there is two that I would love to see as our quarterback.

SAUTO
09-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I think it absolutely matters when we're talking about a guy who completely bottomed out in the draft. For every Aaron Rodgers, there is a Jimmy Clausen and a Brady Quinn.

I would have liked a QB, but I'm thinking more and more it should have been Manuel.
Manuel threw for 150 and lost. To a team who you said "crushed Geno" to the tune of a 13-10 loss...
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
09-13-2013, 06:26 PM

I'm at 16/12/8/ 10 months. fml
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2013, 06:27 PM

I didn't like him out of college - he has made me eat a lot of crow. He should be getting a ring either this year or next. Age 27/28 is when they start winning big.

BigMeatballDave
And?

Who here hasn't missed at some point?

He's dead on about the fan base, people just don't want to admit it.

Who gives a shit about the fan base?

I certainly don't. Live and let live.

OnTheWarpath15
I'm at 16/12/8/ 10 months. fml
Posted via Mobile Device

Tie a knot in that thing.

LMAO

eDave
Just stop. He's a rookie who was known to be raw in his 2nd game in the rain.

[/fan of going the Alex Smith route]

Wisdom

scho63
09-13-2013, 06:28 PM
All you "Draft Geno" morons need to understand there was a reason he fell so far in the draft.

Stop the fawning already-he ain't gonna be great

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2013, 06:28 PM
I didn't like him out of college - he has made me eat a lot of crow. He should be getting a ring either this year or next. Age 27/28 is when they start winning big.

Same here. Hilarious that people here thing he's crap.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 06:29 PM
People still bash guys with multiple rings like Manning and Roethlisberger in their prime, so yeah.

Ryan a huge POS? I haven't seen anyone say that.

I don't think Ryan is "Elite" and I don't think he should be paid like an Elite QB but hey, that's just my opinion.

The dude is a shitty closer.

SAUTO
09-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Tie a knot in that thing.

LMAO

She did this time lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
09-13-2013, 06:30 PM
All you "Draft Geno" morons need to understand there was a reason he fell so far in the draft.

Ok miss Cleo
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2013, 06:32 PM

I don't think Ryan is "Elite" and I don't think he should be paid like an Elite QB but hey, that's just my opinion.

LMAO

6th among current QBs in 4th quarter comeback wins.

Monolith
09-13-2013, 06:35 PM
WHY WOULD ANDY REID WANT A LOW IQ MICHEAL VICK #2 AGAIN ROFL

CLOSE THE DUMB THREAD ALREADY... ROFL

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 06:36 PM
LMAO

Zero points against the Giants in the playoffs.

Held scoreless in the second half last year against the 49ers.

Lucked out that Wilson's last minute drive failed.

The Falcons are the 90's Chiefs except with amazing offensive skill position talent. Yet, Matt Ryan, after five years, has one playoff win.

I'm sorry, that's just not good enough.

Sandy Vagina

Not even remotely close to the elusiveness or speed of Vick... and I hate that muther****er.

BigMeatballDave
Same here. Hilarious that people here thing he's crap.

It's not that anyone thinks Ryan is crap, it's that he hasn't had success in the post season. That is a valid argument.

Alex Smith and Matt Ryan have both won a playoff game.

However, no one would argue that Alex is a better QB.

ChiefsCountry

Matt Ryan is at the prime age. This year and next will see if he gets the ring.

SAUTO
09-13-2013, 06:37 PM
LMAO

that's because if his surrounding cast. They have spent tons of resources to put him in a position to succeed.

Plus he's kinda dorky looking. Fuck that guy.

They will let him walk soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
09-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Ohhhhhh I forgot the held scoreless, Brady would never have that happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sandy Vagina
09-13-2013, 06:39 PM
It's not that anyone thinks Ryan is crap, it's that he hasn't had success in the post season. That is a valid argument.

Alex Smith and Matt Ryan have both won a playoff game.

However, no one would argue that Alex is a better QB.

1-5 in playoff games for Ryan, IIRC. He's good, but not all that.

DaneMcCloud
that's because if his surrounding cast. They have spent tons of resources to put him in a position to succeed.

Posted via Mobile Device

17 points scored last week against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Last year, they were historically bad.

OnTheWarpath15

Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Ohhhhhh I forgot the held scoreless, Brady would never have that happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ohhhh, I forgot about Matt Ryan's three Super Bowl rings and five appearances.

I forgot that Tom Brady was throwing to Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez.

FWIW, could you even fucking IMAGINE Tom Brady with those weapons?

Sandy Vagina
09-13-2013, 06:40 PM
17 points scored last week against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Last year, they were historically bad.

Plus, he has some fantastic weapons at his disposal. Probably been in the same system for many years too.. would have to check.

SAUTO
09-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Ohhhh, I forgot about Matt Ryan's three Super Bowl rings.

Lmao just kicking you a little Dane. But you did say it. and it has happened.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 06:42 PM
LMAO

You put Matt Ryan on the Patriots and they're a 5-11 team.

You put Tom Brady on the Falcons and they're 16-0.

ChiefsCountry
Matt Ryan is 28. This is age they start winning Super Bowls.

SAUTO
Several of those great weapons were hurt then too...
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan

EVERY WORD I TYPE IS IMPORTANT.

DeezNutz
09-13-2013, 06:45 PM
I'd permaban 37 49ers trolls to get a QB half as talented as Matt fucking Ryan.

DaneMcCloud
Several of those great weapons were hurt then too...
Posted via Mobile Device

Which further goes to prove that Ryan isn't anything special

keg in kc
Still wish we had Geno. Thinking about more seasons than 2013. But we don't have him. Maybe we'll draft someone in 2016 or 2017.

DeezNutz
09-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Ryan is an elite QB. There is no getting around this.

petegz28
09-13-2013, 06:47 PM

uhhhhhhh...no, he isn't elite. He could be...he is close but I can't call him elite yet.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 06:48 PM

1-5 playoff record doesn't equal Elite.

He's being paid as if he's elite, so he'd better do more than win a single playoff game this year or serious doubt will begin to set in.

But who's he going to beat? Rodgers? Kaepernick? Brees at full strength with Payton? Eli? Hell, even Cutler?

The Falcons have a tough road this year. They blew it last year.

SAUTO
09-13-2013, 06:49 PM

Lol. Moved some posts there.

First he's got all these great weapons. Then point to a game where a couple were hurt as proof the guy isn't that good.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2013, 06:49 PM

I like Ryan a lot, but I'd like my elite QBs to have more than 1 post season win.

Is Romo an elite QB?

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Lol. Moved some posts there.

First he's got all these great weapons. Then point to a game where a couple were hurt as proof the guy isn't that good.
Posted via Mobile Device

He's 1-5 in the playoffs with an enormously talented offense.

Until he wins a few consecutive playoff games, I'll refuse to refer to him as "Elite".

It's not like he lost a 51-48 playoff battle with Kurt Warner. He failed to direct a single scoring drive in the second half of the NFC Championship game, at home, with White, Jones and Gonzalez as targets.

That's Bono-esque.

petegz28
09-13-2013, 06:52 PM
The word elite gets used way too much and too often.....there are really only 4, truly elite QB's right now...."Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady". Those are the only guys I see that can actually put a team on their back and win regardless of anything else going on with the defense etc.

Then there's that borderline group of Eli, Benny R., Matt Ryan, Philly Rivers at one time.

Then you have the potentials and quality game managers like Stafford, Alex Smith, Vick

Then the up and comers in Wilson, Kaeprninck, Luck, RGIII

Of course then you have just the suck

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Damn I guess Mark Sanchez is an elite quarterback with his 4-2 playoff record. Bow down bitches.

DeezNutz
09-13-2013, 06:53 PM
He's semi-elite, somewhat OK. I mean, he'll do.

Through Chiefs-colored glasses, though, he's the second coming of all things QB. I can't even imagine what a QB that talented would look like not wearing opposing gear in Arrowhead.

Sandy Vagina
09-13-2013, 06:57 PM
The word elite gets used way too much and too often.....there are really only 4, truly elite QB's right now...."Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady". Those are the only guys I see that can actually put a team on their back and win regardless of anything else going on with the defense etc.

Then there's that borderline group of Eli, Benny R., Matt Ryan, Philly Rivers at one time.

Then you have the potentials and quality game managers like Stafford, Alex Smith, Vick

Then the up and comers in Wilson, Kaeprninck, Luck, RGIII

Of course then you have just the suck

Rivers? Oh, but no. :doh!:

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Damn I guess Mark Sanchez is an elite quarterback with his 4-2 playoff record. Bow down bitches.

:facepalm:

petegz28
09-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Rivers? Oh, but no. :doh!:

At one time, I said. Early on, Rivers was damn good. Last few years he has fallen off.

petegz28
09-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Matt Ryan is in the same tier of QB's with Schaub and Flacco. And that is not the same tier as Rodgers and Peyton and Brees

Sandy Vagina
09-13-2013, 07:03 PM
At one time, I said. Early on, Rivers was damn good. Last few years he has fallen off.

yeah, fair nuff

Sandy Vagina
09-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Matt Ryan is in the same tier of QB's with Schaub and Flacco. And that is not the same tier as Rodgers and Peyton and Brees

yes, this..

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2013, 07:14 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about. Flacco distanced himself by a mile from Schaub and Ryan after his spectacular playoff performance last year. And the distance between him and Rodgers/Brees isn't as far as you think. For as good as Rodgers and Brees are, outside of one Super Bowl, between the two guys they are 3-7 in the playoffs.

petegz28
09-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Clayton lied to us...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9plNqVr2qRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2013, 07:22 PM
between the two guys they are 3-7 in the playoffs.

That can't be right.

petegz28
09-13-2013, 07:25 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. Flacco distanced himself by a mile from Schaub and Ryan after his spectacular playoff performance last year. And the distance between him and Rodgers/Brees isn't as far as you think. For as good as Rodgers and Brees are, outside of one Super Bowl, between the two guys they are 3-7 in the playoffs.

I don't judge it strictly by playoff wins simply because of the nature of the playoffs. I am talking about QB's that can saddle a team on their back and take them to the playoffs.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2013, 07:27 PM
That can't be right.

Nope its true. Throw out the two Super Bowl seasons, Rodgers is 1-3. Brees is 2-4.

RobBlake
09-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Clayton lied to us...

You are a good poster man. How long have you been a chiefs fan?

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2013, 07:33 PM
I don't judge it strictly by playoff wins simply because of the nature of the playoffs. I am talking about QB's that can saddle a team on their back and take them to the playoffs.

Then I think you're using pretty bad criteria to judge.

Because you've essentially thrown Big Ben and Eli in the dumpster. Those two guys are really erratic regular season QBs.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Nope its true. Throw out the two Super Bowl seasons, Rodgers is 1-3. Brees is 2-4.

Doesn't work that way.

petegz28
09-13-2013, 07:39 PM
You are a good poster man. How long have you been a chiefs fan?

Since mid-80's???

petegz28
09-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Then I think you're using pretty bad criteria to judge.

Because you've essentially thrown Big Ben and Eli in the dumpster. Those two guys are really erratic regular season QBs.

I don't think Ben or Eli are the caliber of QB that Brees, Peyton, Rodgers and Brady are.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2013, 08:27 PM
I don't think Ben or Eli are the caliber of QB that Brees, Peyton, Rodgers and Brady are.

And you are completely wrong.

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 08:34 PM

Not on Andrew Luck or RGIII, simply because the media told them they were once-in-a-lifetime prospects.

And Wilson was a middle rounder who beat the odds. They love that shit. God, they love that shit. Wilson would do well here.

Everybody else they'd treat like crap. But that's beside the point. Young QBs who are exceptional aren't the issue, because that's all this franchise seems to care about. If the QB prospect they need doesn't possess once-in-a-decade type of talent, they don't want to spend any kind of time or draft stock in him.

I guarantee you if the Chiefs had drafted Joe Flacco in 2008, true fans would hate his guts. Until he won the Super Bowl that is, and even then he got paid a huge contract. Every loss means he's a lazy dumbass jock who's ripping the team off.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 08:44 PM
I guarantee you if the Chiefs had drafted Joe Flacco in 2008, true fans would hate his guts. Until he won the Super Bowl that is, and even then he got paid a huge contract. Every loss means he's a lazy dumbass jock who's ripping the team off.

I completely disagree.

The Chiefs were 2-14 in 2008 and lost a shit ton of games by seven points or less. If the Chiefs had chosen Flacco and Clady, I think it's safe to assume that they would have won a minimum of five games with a max of eight. Seeing Flacco toss the ball around to Gonzalez and Bowe in year one would have satiated most of the Chiefs fan base.

Hell, I had friends that were season ticket holders wondering why Thigpen wasn't the unquestioned starter in 2009, so I'm fairly confident Flacco would be accepted.

Serious question: Do you have family and friends in KC and how often do you visit and chat?

Your opinion is way out of line with my friends and family.

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 08:44 PM
If Alex Smith puts up his usual sub 20s TDs, low 3000 yard, riding elite defense and running game type of season and botches in the playoffs, I will be eagerly awaiting the draft.

I'd love nothing more than to see Andy Reid spend a high draft pick on a QB just to watch the fan reaction.

These idiots would hate it. Instead of celebrating a momentous occasion in Chiefs history, I guarangoddamntee cries of, "We lost in the playoffs because Alex Smith didn't have enough protection! Get him a better offensive line for crying out loud! Draft a receiver who doesn't drop the ball like that chump Dwayne Bowe! You suck Reid!"

It was the exact same shit when Carl and Vermeil were praised for taking Derrick Johnson over Aaron Rodgers. And really, the same should be pointed out when we picked Ryan Sims over Joey Harrington.

And I'm just as guilty as everyone else. I thought Derrick Johnson was the steal of the draft, and I supported Vermeil 100% on the Ryan Sims selection.

Not to shit on DJ. He's fucking awesome. But he's not a QB.

DeezNutz
09-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Chiefs fans would have lost their fucking minds had we drafted a "second-round prospect" out of Delaware in the first round.

Holy shit.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Not on Andrew Luck or RGIII, simply because the media told them they were once-in-a-lifetime prospects.

And Wilson was a middle rounder who beat the odds. They love that shit. God, they love that shit. Wilson would do well here.

Everybody else they'd treat like crap. But that's beside the point. Young QBs who are exceptional aren't the issue, because that's all this franchise seems to care about. If the QB prospect they need doesn't possess once-in-a-decade type of talent, they don't want to spend any kind of time or draft stock in him.

Im pretty sure you are wrong about just about everything in this post.

True fans are ballwashers by nature, and will give whoever is under center their undying support.

Your reasoning behind why TFs would hate Flacco is....what exactly?

Youre not seriously suggesting that TFs would hate him because they used a 1st on him?

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 08:49 PM
If Alex Smith puts up his usual sub 20s TDs, low 3000 yard, riding elite defense and running game type of season and botches in the playoffs, I will be eagerly awaiting the draft.

I'd love nothing more than to see Andy Reid spend a high draft pick on a QB just to watch the fan reaction.

These idiots would hate it.

Your mind is rurnt.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Chiefs fans would have lost their fucking minds had we drafted a "second-round prospect" out of Delaware in the first round.

Holy shit.

Until they saw him play.

It's really weird: You actually live there but your POV is far outside the typical KC resident and fan.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Until they saw him play.

It's really weird: You actually live there but your POV is far outside the typical KC resident and fan.

People on here still think Flacco sucks.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 08:51 PM

These idiots would hate it. Instead of celebrating a momentous occasion in Chiefs history, I guarangoddamntee cries of, "We lost in the playoffs because Alex Smith didn't have enough protection! Get him a better offensive line for crying out loud! Draft a receiver who doesn't drop the ball like that chump Dwayne Bowe! You suck Reid!"

It was the exact same shit when Carl and Vermeil were praised for taking Derrick Johnson over Aaron Rodgers. And really, the same should be pointed out when we picked Ryan Sims over Joey Harrington.

And I'm just as guilty as everyone else. I thought Derrick Johnson was the steal of the draft, and I supported Vermeil 100% on the Ryan Sims selection.

Not to shit on DJ. He's fucking awesome. But he's not a QB.

PS- It's a team sport.

vailpass
I completely disagree.

The Chiefs were 2-14 in 2008 and lost a shit ton of games by seven points or less. If the Chiefs had chosen Flacco and Clady, I think it's safe to assume that they would have won a minimum of five games with a max of eight. Seeing Flacco toss the ball around to Gonzalez and Bowe in year one would have satiated most of the Chiefs fan base.

Hell, I had friends that were season ticket holders wondering why Thigpen wasn't the unquestioned starter in 2009, so I'm fairly confident Flacco would be accepted.

Serious question: Do you have family and friends in KC and how often do you visit and chat?

Your opinion is way out of line with my friends and family.
Thank God you didn't draft those two, you'd have been set for years.

beach tribe
Chiefs fans would have lost their ****ing minds had we drafted a "second-round prospect" out of Delaware in the first round.

Holy shit.

Dude, Chiefs fans find a way to justify 5 techs at 3 and shit.

Im sure the outrage over a QB that Mayock and everyone slobbed over on draft day would have sent everyone into mass hysteria.

DeezNutz
Until they saw him play.

Thank you.

Chiefs fans on this board still think Flacco is mediocre.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 08:52 PM

The 300 or so people that actively post on Chiefsplanet are in no way, shape or form, representative of the Chiefs fan base.

beach tribe

Name someone.

DeezNutz
Dude, Chiefs fans find a way to justify 5 techs at 3 and shit.

Im sure the outrage over a QB that Mayock and everyone slobbed over on draft day would have sent everyone into mass hysteria.

O-linemen don't "set a team back" when they suck. QBs, allegedly, do.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Thank God you didn't draft those two, you'd have been set for years.

It certainly would have made the Chiefs more competitive the past five seasons

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 08:53 PM
The 300 or so people that actively post on Chiefsplanet are in no way, shape or form, representative of the Chiefs fan base.

There is maybe a poster or two out of 300 who thinks that.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 08:54 PM
O-linemen don't "set a team back" when they suck. QBs, allegedly, do.
He doesnt suck, though. ;)

DeezNutz
09-13-2013, 08:57 PM
He doesnt suck, though. ;)

Yep. Just a huge mistake by not drafting him. Huge, huge, huge mistake.

Rinse, repeat for Kaep and Wilson.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Most Chiefs fans hate elite quarterbacks because they've never seen one play for their team. It's something the other guy has. Chiefs fans are conditioned to gravitate towards Martyball.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Yep. Just a huge mistake by not drafting him. Huge, huge, huge mistake.

Rinse, repeat for Kaep and Wilson.
I know! I really wish Reid and Dorsey would have drafted them....wait, did you mean Geno?
Way to mask being wrong by using the default cop out response.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 09:10 PM

He fell to the top of the second round. Stop acting like he fell to the 4th or 5th round, dumbass.

The dude is a shitty closer.JFC

here you go with this crap again.

Do I need to post how many fourth quarter comebacks and gane winning drives the guy has, again?

Ryan is a truly ELITE closer, don't use outliers as your base argument.

hahahahahahahaha

Right, he is the same player as Alex Smith, right?

Even though Matt Ryan has nearly DOUBLE THE AVERAGES OF AS.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Most Chiefs fans hate elite quarterbacks because they've never seen one play for their team. It's something the other guy has. Chiefs fans are conditioned to gravitate towards Martyball.

Hell yeah.

Like that time we traded for Montana.

Everyone HATED that fucking guy.

God, I hope we dont have another showoff like that again.

It was Brutal.

DeezNutz
09-13-2013, 09:11 PM
I know! I really wish Reid and Dorsey would have drafted them....wait, did you mean Geno?
Way to mask being wrong by using the default cop out response.

What the fuck are you talking about? This is a nonsensical reply at best.

While I wasn't banging the Geno drum loudly, I would have been great with his selection. Still feel that way, but I suppose his career trajectory has already been established.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 09:12 PM

I've said this multiple times. It's 100% truth, too.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 09:13 PM
He fell to the top of the second round. Stop acting like he fell to the 4th or 5th round, dumbass.
JFC

here you go with this crap again.

Do I need to post how many fourth quarter comebacks and gane winning drives the guy has, again?

Ryan is a truly ELITE closer, don't use outliers as your base argument.

hahahahahahahaha

Right, he is the same player as Alex Smith, right?

Even though Matt Ryan has nearly DOUBLE THE AVERAGES OF AS.

What's his playoff record?

How many points did he score in the second half of the NFC Championship game?

Against the New York Giants in the playoffs?

FUCK regular season wins.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Matt Ryan is a poor closer because of 4 games. Even though he owns the league record for game winning drives in a QBs first 5 years.

Is that what you are hitching your wagon to, again?

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 09:21 PM
What the **** are you talking about? This is a nonsensical reply at best.

While I wasn't banging the Geno drum loudly, I would have been great with his selection. Still feel that way, but I suppose his career trajectory has already been established.
Nothing has been established yet. I didnt mean to make it about Geno actually. Just pointing out that this regime did not have a chance to draft the guys you named while calling you out for doing the CP cop out, and redirecting the subject to avoid being wrong.

,but this regime didnt have a chance to draft Flacco either so its not like you didnt have a point.
You were right. It was a HUGE mistake. One that no one employed by the Chiefs made.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 09:22 PM
We didn't have a chance to draft Flacco?

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Matt Ryan is a poor closer because of 4 games. Even though he owns the league record for game winning drives in a QBs first 5 years.

Is that what you are hitching your wagon to, again?

Who gives a fuck?

Win in the playoffs or get the fuck out.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 09:25 PM
We didn't have a chance to draft Flacco?
This regime juuuust missed out on the chance.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 09:26 PM

Sorry, I think this is complete bullshit.

There isn't one fan that wouldn't love to see Trent Green as the Chiefs QB TODAY.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 09:29 PM
QBs the Chiefs have passed on in the draft:

Flacco
Rodgers
Brees
Kaepernick
Brady
Wilson
Dalton
Favre
Marino
Montana
Kelly
Tanehill? (pick 6 was for sale at a discount)
Geno?
Manuel?

There are ALWAYS excuses.

ChiefsCountry

There isn't one fan that wouldn't love to see Trent Green as the Chiefs QB TODAY.

Matt Ryan isn't elite but Trent Green was.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Hell yeah.

Like that time we traded for Montana.

Everyone HATED that fucking guy.

God, I hope we dont have another showoff like that again.

It was Brutal.

That's exactly my point. Your counterargument is a 36 year old guy that started 29 games for the team. There's no commitment to development of a long-term solution, because the organization is too afraid of the risk. The team's management and the fans' desire are both wholly risk averse with almost no sustainable upside.

RealSNR
Im pretty sure you are wrong about just about everything in this post.

True fans are ballwashers by nature, and will give whoever is under center their undying support.

Your reasoning behind why TFs would hate Flacco is....what exactly?

Youre not seriously suggesting that TFs would hate him because they used a 1st on him?True Fans were desperate to avoid drafting a QB from 2008-2013.

No to Ryan or Flacco. We already had Croyle.

No to Sanchez and Freeman. "Those guys suck!" (arbitrarily)

The 2010 QBs actually sucked dick, and are 1000 times worse than the 2013 class, so no problems there

Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick were fine, but only if we spent minimal draft stock on them. A 1st round or high 2nd would have been out of the question. Meanwhile Cam Newton was a guaranteed bust according to just about everybody here

It's always the same thing. Unless we're piddling away with 3-7 round picks on QBs where the loss is minimal, people don't want the risk. If the risk ever did take place, I think their brains would explode

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 09:30 PM

No way dude.

That offense scored too fast.

It put the D on the field too much.ROFL(Herm actually said that shit)

We needed A.Smith he would have kept the D FRESH, and we would still have our first.....RT BAYYBY!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2013, 09:30 PM

Trent Green was a very limited quarterback.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Remember how this board flipped on Matt Stafford once we had no chance to draft him.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Thats AT LEAST 11 passed up elite level quarterbacks in the last 30 years.

Thats averaging passing on one every 3 years or less.

Should I post the list of guys we chose over those guys, or are you sick enough of facts yet?

Drafting the QB (even if he's a "reach", as half of those guys would have been) is ALWAYS the right decision.

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Who gives a fuck?

Win in the playoffs or get the fuck out.
http://cdn2.mademan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/jason-pierre-paul-and-justin-tuck-sack-alex-smith.jpg

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 09:35 PM
True Fans were desperate to avoid drafting a QB from 2008-2013.

The 2010 QBs actually sucked dick, and are 1000 times worse than the 2013 class, so no problems there

Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick were fine, but only if we spent minimal draft stock on them. A 1st round or high 2nd would have been out of the question. Meanwhile Cam Newton was a guaranteed bust according to just about everybody here

It's always the same thing. Unless we're piddling away with 3-7 round picks on QBs where the loss is minimal, people don't want the risk. If the risk ever did take place, I think their brains would explode
Wrong WRONG.

No matter what was said pre draft, Flacco would have INSTANTLY become a TFs favorite player, and, of course, deep down they will have liked him all along.

TELL ME I AM WRONG

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 09:36 PM
http://cdn2.mademan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/jason-pierre-paul-and-justin-tuck-sack-alex-smith.jpg

As many as Ryan..

Although I do not put them at the same level at all...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2013, 09:37 PM

The Chiefs have now drafted as many TEs in the first three rounds in the last three years as they have QBs in the last 23.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Remember how this board flipped on Matt Stafford once we had no chance to draft him.

My most coveted prospect of all time.

Gawad dayum, I wanted that kid.

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Wrong WRONG.

No matter what was said pre draft, Flacco would have INSTANTLY become a TFs favorite player, and, of course, deep down they will have liked him all along.

TELL ME I AM WRONG

You're wrong. We're both speculating on this one, but you're wrong. Entirely wrong.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 09:40 PM
I remember when Dane used to be one of the guys pounding on the table for a QB...I guess he has just accepted that it's not gonna happen.

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 09:42 PM
beach tribe, tell me I'M wrong about this:

If Alex Smith plays like he did in 2010-2011 and the Chiefs are one-and-done in the playoffs, and Andy Reid drafts a QB in the first round next spring, true fans will hate the pick

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 09:50 PM
beach tribe, tell me I'M wrong about this:

If Alex Smith plays like he did in 2010-2011 and the Chiefs are one-and-done in the playoffs, and Andy Reid drafts a QB in the first round next spring, true fans will hate the pick

Oh, yeah. Completely right. NO DOUBT.

But as soon as he is announced as the starter their hopes will be SKY FUCKING HIGH.

Print em

To the ship

DeezNutz
09-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Nothing has been established yet. I didnt mean to make it about Geno actually. Just pointing out that this regime did not have a chance to draft the guys you named while calling you out for doing the CP cop out, and redirecting the subject to avoid being wrong.

,but this regime didnt have a chance to draft Flacco either so its not like you didnt have a point.
You were right. It was a HUGE mistake. One that no one employed by the Chiefs made.

This makes no sense, especially since I did nothing of the sort.

O.city
09-13-2013, 09:51 PM

Should I post the list of guys we chose over those guys, or are you sick enough of facts yet?

Drafting the QB (even if he's a "reach", as half of those guys would have been) is ALWAYS the right decision.

You consider all those guys elite level quarterbacks?

Fat Elvis
09-13-2013, 09:53 PM

You do realize that we drafted a QB in the first round the year that Kelly and Marino were drafted, don't you?

O.city
09-13-2013, 09:54 PM
True Fans were desperate to avoid drafting a QB from 2008-2013.

I don't understand though, how does this effect who the front office actually drafts?

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 09:55 PM
You're wrong. We're both speculating on this one, but you're wrong. Entirely wrong.
We will have to agree to disagree here.

The only way you could say this is true, or compare the situation you did above is if Croyle had been coming off a playoff appearance and a 2011-12 Smith type performance.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 09:56 PM
I don't understand though, how does this effect who the front office actually drafts?
It has absolutely zero bearing on anything, yet is the most repeated statement on the planet.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2013, 09:57 PM

It doesn't, but that doesn't mean it's irrelevant. Chiefs fans have developed a worldview that rationalizes the choices of their front office, and the team's FO and ownership has been risk and QB-averse since before Iran Contra.

O.city
09-13-2013, 09:59 PM
It doesn't, but that doesn't mean it's irrelevant. Chiefs fans have developed a worldview that rationalizes the choices of their front office, and the team's FO and ownership has been risk and QB-averse since before Iran Contra.

I think that's every fan base, for the most part.

It has no bearing on what the front office does though, so it doesn't really matter

-King-
09-13-2013, 09:59 PM

What? Derrick Johnson was touted as one of the best linebackers to come out in a few years. Putting him on the leagues worst defense was common sense. The Chiefs offense was 2nd in the league in 2004, 1st in the league in 2003, 1st in 2002, yet we lost because of defense. Picking DJ over Aaron Rodgers was a no brainer right there.

In hindsight would Aaron Rodgers have worked better for us? Of course. But at the time, it was obvious that the Chiefs needed to fix their defense to have any hope at the superbowl.

-King-
09-13-2013, 10:01 PM

You've just described 32 fan bases.

Do you guys not read other message boards or talk to any other team's fans? Why do you act like Chiefs fans are the only people that always rationalizes their favorite team's moves?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2013, 10:01 PM
I think that's every fan base, for the most part.

It has no bearing on what the front office does though, so it doesn't really matter

It is, and it doesn't affect the FO's choices, but it definitely affects the perception of those choices and the arguments used to rationalize the choices. Chiefs fans are risk averse. They prefer a certain style of football because it's the style they have been served, and almost none of them analyze whether or not the style has merit; instead, they attempt to rationalize the choices because they are made by the Chiefs.

-King-
09-13-2013, 10:03 PM

How is he? Talk to the average Chiefs fan and they'll tell you they're excited about Bray in the future. You think they wouldn't have been ecstatic about Flacco when he started playing? Chiefs fans always back their QB to a fault. People would have rationalized drafting Flacco pretty damn fast.

DeezNutz
09-13-2013, 10:04 PM
What? Derrick Johnson was touted as one of the best linebackers to come out in a few years. Putting him on the leagues worst defense was common sense. The Chiefs offense was 2nd in the league in 2004, 1st in the league in 2003, 1st in 2002, yet we lost because of defense. Picking DJ over Aaron Rodgers was a no brainer right there.

In hindsight would Aaron Rodgers have worked better for us? Of course. But at the time, it was obvious that the Chiefs needed to fix their defense to have any hope at the superbowl.

DJ was widely considered a top-5 pick very early in the process, and then we watched the drop because of concerns about his ability to shed blocks.

The odds of any draft pick being an immediate game changer are slight, and thus taking a short-sighted view with the draft is the height of foolishness; it's rarely a win-now proposition.

O.city
09-13-2013, 10:05 PM
It is, and it doesn't affect the FO's choices, but it definitely affects the perception of those choices and the arguments used to rationalize the choices. Chiefs fans are risk averse. They prefer a certain style of football because it's the style they have been served, and almost none of them analyze whether or not the style has merit; instead, they attempt to rationalize the choices because they are made by the Chiefs.

Sure the arguments of the fans.

But arguing that this front office or that office did this or that has nothing to do with th fans

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2013, 10:06 PM
You've just described 32 fan bases.

Do you guys not read other message boards or talk to any other team's fans? Why do you act like Chiefs fans are the only people that always rationalizes their favorite team's moves?

Have I suggested that they don't?

The difference for the Chiefs, and this is crucial, is that the Chiefs have never changed their approach, have continually failed, and yet the fans still don't shift. The Raiders are generally fuckups, but they've fucked up in a multitude of ways. Similar with the Bengals, Jags, Browns, Cardinals, and many others.

The Chiefs are singular in that the entirety of their struggle has been tied to their inability to draft and develop a QB, and yet in spite of the same event happening over and over, they never learn. That makes the stupidity of their fanbase unique, because it's not just tied to supporting a team breathlessly, but supporting a team that fails and never makes any meaningful changes to any aspect of its model.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Of the 11 that don't have question marks, the only one that's even in question is Andy Dalton.

I listed 14 quarterbacks total that we passed on over the last 30 years.

Selecting ANY of them would have significantly improved this teams outlook for the 10-15 years after the selection.

O.city
09-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Of the 11 that don't have question marks, the only one that's even in question is Andy Dalton.

I listed 14 quarterbacks total that we passed on over the last 30 years.

Selecting ANY of them would have significantly improved this teams outlook for the 10-15 years after the selection.

I lold that you used Brady.

We didn't "pass" on Marino and Kelly, we chose the wrong one.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 10:08 PM
That's exactly my point. Your counterargument is a 36 year old guy that started 29 games for the team. There's no commitment to development of a long-term solution, because the organization is too afraid of the risk. The team's management and the fans' desire are both wholly risk averse with almost no sustainable upside.

Who are these fans who hate drafting QBs?

Can you name one?

It seems like all of this mindset was created in the argument over Mark Sanchez.

Every fan I know is sick of not having a young stud QB.(and we have one BTW)

A group of people got so pissed off over a long dead opinion, that they think the majority of fans still think this way,and lay the dumbass decisions of Carl and Pioli at the feet of Dorsey and Reid under the guise of This Organization.

All of those people have been fired.
Had they gotten a franchise QB they would probably still be employed.

Reids first pick was a QB with the #2 overall. The pack took Rodgers with FARVE on the roster. You think theyll pass on one for Smith?

Your opinion of the fan base, and intent of the Chiefs is outdated and expired.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Who are these fans who hate drafting QBs?

Can you name one?

Your opinion of the fan base, and intent of the Chiefs is outdated and expired.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.jpg

-King-
09-13-2013, 10:11 PM
DJ was widely considered a top-5 pick very early in the process, and then we watched the drop because of concerns about his ability to shed blocks.

The odds of any draft pick being an immediate game changer are slight, and thus taking a short-sighted view with the draft is the height of foolishness; it's rarely a win-now proposition.

When you've had a top 3 offense for 3 consecutive years that's been held back by a bottom 5 defense, picking what may be the best defensive talent in the draft is a no-brainer.

It's like saying the Saints should have drafted EJ Manuel this year instead of Vaccaro (even though he's nowhere as good a prospect as DJ was).

-King-
09-13-2013, 10:12 PM

Chiefs could have drafted a long snapper and they'd have had the same reaction.

cdcox
09-13-2013, 10:13 PM

Yep. One rookie LB wasn't going to make that defense good.

I've become convinced that you should be drafting for 2 to 3 years out.

Fill your immediate needs through FA.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Chiefs could have drafted a long snapper and they'd have had the same reaction.

Kind of my point. Getting swindled in eight different ways is different than getting swindled the same way eight times.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 10:22 PM
And you think they would have booed had they selected, a QB, or Leon Sandcatle, or Scott Bakula, or uncle Rico.?

BossChief
09-13-2013, 10:25 PM
I lold that you used Brady.

We didn't "pass" on Marino and Kelly, we chose the wrong one.

We didn't pass on them to take a monumental bust?

Huh?

Why wouldn't I list Brady? He was available to draft during a time we needed a quarterback, wasn't he? He played for a big ten school, not like the guy was from some remote place. While it's obvious that "everyone passed on him for 5 rounds" that's not an excuse. Who did we draft in the fourth round that year? Third round? Fifth round?

The list of guys we chose over all of the guys on that list are more damning than the list itself.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2013, 10:27 PM
And you think they would have booed had they selected, a QB, or Leon Sandcatle, or Scott Bakula, or uncle Rico.?

It won't get to that point because the ownership and management of the team won't allow it, but those buffoons will still clap. And when drafting a QB is brought up, the same tired arguments (this guy better be 2004 Peyton Manning out of the gate) will be rehashed.

How many times has it happened here? How many more times does it need to happen to convince you?

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 10:27 PM

Look, you said you wanted the blue pill or whatever color pill it is that allows you to go on living in bliss.

So take the damn pill and shut up.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 10:30 PM
ROFL

O.city
09-13-2013, 10:32 PM
We didn't pass on them to take a monumental bust?

Huh?

Why wouldn't I list Brady? He was available to draft during a time we needed a quarterback, wasn't he? He played for a big ten school, not like the guy was from some remote place. While it's obvious that "everyone passed on him for 5 rounds" that's not an excuse. Who did we draft in the fourth round that year? Third round? Fifth round?

The list of guys we chose over all of the guys on that list are more damning than the list itself.

We took a qb in the first, it was just the wrong one. Had they done that this year, and it was the wrong one, you'd be giving them mass credit for trying.

If your gonna add Brady, better put Warner on the list too.

Fat Elvis
09-13-2013, 10:32 PM

Those folks were just thrilled we didn't select Joekel, that's all.

O.city
09-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Look, you said you wanted the blue pill or whatever color pill it is that allows you to go on living in bliss.

So take the damn pill and shut up.

Keep on keeping on

BossChief
09-13-2013, 10:35 PM
It won't get to that point because the ownership and management of the team won't allow it, but those buffoons will still clap. And when drafting a QB is brought up, the same tired arguments (this guy better be 2004 Peyton Manning out of the gate) will be rehashed.

How many times has it happened here? How many more times does it need to happen to convince you?

How many different linemen busts has this team drafted that "take 3 years to get up to speed...BBQ!!!GRILLIN# ?

But quarterbacks? TBOSE ARE T WORTH THE SAME APPROACH BECAUSE THEY MUGHT BUST.

FFS if we would have strictly drafted the quarterback in any of those years, the entire franchise would be perceived as a real team.

This team has never drafted it's own quarterback, they "want the next Len Dawson."

O.city
09-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Say we had drafted any of those qbs, do you guys think we ever actually had the coaching staff to develop them properly?

I have no doubts we'd have chiefd them up and they have been Croyle like

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Keep on keeping on

I can't believe I have to spell it out for you. You're a dentist. You graduated college. You're smarter than this for fuck's sake.

O.city
09-13-2013, 10:38 PM
How many different linemen busts has this team drafted that "take 3 years to get up to speed...BBQ!!!GRILLIN# ?

FFS if we would have strictly drafted the quarterback in any of those years, the entire franchise would be perceived as a real team.

This team has never drafted it's own quarterback, they "want the next Len Dawson."

Why are you guys so upset about this?

It has no correlation to who is drafted, and it's something that each and every fan base has to deal with

beach tribe

I dont remember one person saying a QB better come in and light it up day one. NOT ONE.

This off-season, before we chose Smith, every chief fan I know was clammoring about Geno. It was a very small # of dissenters at that point, and most of those wanted to sit him yr one. Myself included.
AFTER smith was picked up. THE MAJORITY STILL wanted Geno 1.1.
It wasnt till after Geno fell, he acted like a bitch, and all the negative comments from team GMs came out that everyone soured.

You are living in the butt hurt of the past.

Fat Elvis

Because wanting a QB who won a Super Bowl for KC is a bad thing.

Fat Elvis
09-13-2013, 10:40 PM
I dont remember one person saying a QB better come in and light it up day one. NOT ONE.

This off-season, before we chose Smith, every chief fan I know was clammoring about Geno. It was a very small # of dissenters at that point, and most of those wanted to sit him yr one. Myself included.
It wasnt till after Geno fell, he acted like a bitch, and all the negative comments from team GMs came out that everyone soured.

You are living in the butt hurt of the past.

That pretty much sums it up.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 10:40 PM
We took a qb in the first, it was just the wrong one. Had they done that this year, and it was the wrong one, you'd be giving them mass credit for trying.

If your gonna add Brady, better put Warner on the list too.

Yup. Warner goes on here, too.

The point is that if this team had the mentality of consistently spending high picks on quarterbacks until you find one, they would have found one by now.

When was the last time you watched a game that the Chiefs won with a quarterback THEY DRAFTED?

O.city
09-13-2013, 10:41 PM
I can't believe I have to spell it out for you. You're a dentist. You graduated college. You're smarter than this for ****'s sake.

I dot know where all this "shit on o.city" is coming from.

I never ever was against ever drafting a qb early and often. I do t agree withn the paths we've taken in the past.

I guess it's that I have faith in this frit office?

O.city
09-13-2013, 10:43 PM

The point is that if this team had the mentality of consistently spending high picks on quarterbacks until you find one, they would have found one by now.

When was the last time you watched a game that the Chiefs won with a quarterback THEY DRAFTED?

Sure, I get that.

But the people who did all that, have no stake in making decisions anymore, and the guys who do make the decisions, have done what we all want in the past.

I dunno

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Sure, I get that.

But the people who did all that, have no stake in making decisions anymore, and the guys who do make the decisions, have done what we all want in the past.

I dunno

It is fucking mind boggling.

They actually think Clark is telling the coach and GM they cant draft a QB in the first.

Lemme ask you this....Do you really think the trip to the moon was real?
Did you know that 911 was an inside Job?

BossChief
09-13-2013, 10:48 PM
If you aren't gonna use a high pick one year, then at least draft one later.

The Chiefs havent even tried for a very very long time.

O.city
09-13-2013, 10:50 PM

Um, stanzi?

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 10:55 PM

The CHIEFS now are Reid and Dorsey, and yes, yes they have.

Unless you are saying that Clark tells them they cant if they wanna work here.

It is infuriating thinking about the QBs we could have had, but the guys who passed on them are GONE, and the fans who thought it was a good idea, have realized they were wrong. So the whole argument is just sour grapes

Look at Saccopoo
Tattoo, and TONS of others, here and in Chiefs nation.
This team, AND fanbase WANT A QB.

Fat Elvis
09-13-2013, 10:59 PM

If you back and look at teams draft histories, you'd be shocked at how little this actually pans out. Yes, it works for some teams, a few teams, but for most, no--in reality it doesn't work out the way you think it does. That's not to say don't draft a good QB prospect, but I think this forum is just so starved for a home grown QB that they have a distorted view of the actual facts.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 11:00 PM
I don't consider spending a mid fifth rounder every 5 or 6 years "trying"

More like "gross negligence"

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 11:02 PM
I dot know where all this "shit on o.city" is coming from.

I never ever was against ever drafting a qb early and often. I do t agree withn the paths we've taken in the past.

I guess it's that I have faith in this frit office?

I mean the whole, "What does this have to do with what the front office decides?" attitude.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Unless they all unite under a huge body and make a statement like with Save Our Chiefs, the fans have no power. Not even lack of ticket sales these days.

In your willingness to let go of the things you can't control (I think that's a fair summation of your attitude towards the Chiefs these days, yeah?) that doesn't mean that other people who have informed opinions about the team are obligated to shut up and relax like you.

And again, please don't take this as criticism. You can be whatever kind of fan you want to be. I don't care. But don't expect other people to take the same path as you.

keg in kc
09-13-2013, 11:02 PM
It is ****ing mind boggling.

They actually think Clark is telling the coach and GM they cant draft a QB in the first.I'm not sure there's ever been a "you can't draft a QB in the first" conversation, but I do believe there's a franchise-wide philosophy that favors veteran QBs. I haven't seen an iota of evidence in the 15 years I've followed the team that demonstrates otherwise. As for now, the very first move under the fresh new coach and GM was to go acquire a veteran QB, and the story goes that the decision was made on that all the way back in January.

I certainly hope that's not an indication that the long-running franchise philosophy hasn't changed, but until I actually see some evidence, I'm just not going to believe it. I'm not the kind of guy who takes things on faith, and I have yet to see them try to draft and develop their own guy.

O.city
09-13-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm not sure there's ever been a "you can't draft a QB in the first" conversation, but I do believe there's a franchise-wide philosophy that favors veteran QBs. I haven't seen an iota of evidence in the 15 years I've followed the team that demonstrates otherwise. As for now, the very first move under the fresh new coach and GM was to go acquire a veteran QB, and the story goes that the decision was made on that all the way back in January.

I certainly hope that's not an indication that the long-running franchise philosophy hasn't changed, but until I actually see some evidence, I'm just not going to believe it. I'm not the kind of guy who takes things on faith, and I have yet to see them try to draft and develop their own guy.

So you must think that comes from the hunts?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-13-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't consider spending a mid fifth rounder every 5 or 6 years "trying"

More like "gross negligence"

Get a dog

O.city
09-13-2013, 11:15 PM
I mean the whole, "What does this have to do with what the front office decides?" attitude.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Unless they all unite under a huge body and make a statement like with Save Our Chiefs, the fans have no power. Not even lack of ticket sales these days.

In your willingness to let go of the things you can't control (I think that's a fair summation of your attitude towards the Chiefs these days, yeah?) that doesn't mean that other people who have informed opinions about the team are obligated to shut up and relax like you.

And again, please don't take this as criticism. You can be whatever kind of fan you want to be. I don't care. But don't expect other people to take the same path as you.

If I come across as trying to say shit up and relax, I don't mean too. At all, so if that's the case, I apologize.

I just don't feel like past sins of this franchise should be heaped on te new front office until they make their own mistakes and I can't get behind thinking they'll continue to do things the way the chiefs always have in terms of the qb, when their history speaks differently.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Its a shame that Herm Edwards was a pitful excuse as a head coach because he had the right outlook on personal. He did try to develop a quarterback and he wanted Matt Ryan.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 11:18 PM

Your cunt must be in massive pain because its been bleeding for a year.

O.city
09-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Its a shame that Herm Edwards was a pitful excuse as a head coach because he had the right outlook on personal. He did try to develop a quarterback and he wanted Matt Ryan.

Do you not think Andy Reid will do this?

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 11:19 PM
I remember when Dane used to be one of the guys pounding on the table for a QB...I guess he has just accepted that it's not gonna happen.

No, I just don't want a shitty fucking QB for the sake of a QB.

Apparently, that concept is above your pay grade.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 11:22 PM

Yeah, nothing has changed at all since 2005.

College schemes and athlete are further away from NFL players and schemes than ever.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 11:25 PM

You completely missed his point. Completely.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Do you not think Andy Reid will do this?

stop wasting your time.

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Your cunt must be in massive pain because its been bleeding for a year.
You can't say, "Win in the playoffs or die" when it comes to Matt Ryan but then challenge anybody who says Alex Smith isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl with Kansas City unless we upgrade the players around him even more than we already have.

You can't have both, Dane. Sorry.

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 11:31 PM

Herm Edwards is exactly what you guys preach against.

You think a coach Herm would hire would allow Ryan to go all arena league?

He would be making him watch tapes of Chad Pennington while talking to the media about how Defense and a running game wins championships.

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 11:32 PM
You completely missed his point. Completely.

I have a feeling you're on the wrong page, but feel free to elaborate and prove me wrong.

keg in kc
09-13-2013, 11:38 PM
So you must think that comes from the hunts?Yes, I do, insofar as I believe that he hires people that he clicks with pholosophically. Particularly now that he's taken such a hands-on approach with the franchise for the first time (both Dorsey and Reid answer directly to him).

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 11:40 PM
You can't say, "Win in the playoffs or die" when it comes to Matt Ryan but then challenge anybody who says Alex Smith isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl with Kansas City unless we upgrade the players around him even more than we already have.

You can't have both, Dane. Sorry.

Please point out where I mentioned Alex Smith.

LMAO

JFC, what is wrong with you people?

Matt Ryan's success and failures are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE to the other 31 quarterbacks in the NFL.

But FWIW, Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Peyton would be 16-0 with those receivers.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 11:43 PM
No, I just don't want a shitty ****ing QB for the sake of a QB.

Apparently, that concept is above your pay grade.

You're just mad because Geno is replacing the guy you wanted at 3 in 2009.

Apparently, thats above your "pay grade."

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 11:44 PM
You're just mad because Geno is replacing the guy you wanted at 3 in 2009.

Apparently, thats above your "pay grade."

LMAO

beach tribe
09-13-2013, 11:46 PM
So you must think that comes from the hunts?

No Reid is in the secret society that Carl overlords.

He knew as soon as he was hired that the real puppet master would command him to take a 49er vet.

I love this organization wide philosophy stuff too.
How many executives are left from just a year ago? Much less two decades.

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Please point out where I mentioned Alex Smith.

Let's play a game, Dane. Every day I'll post an anti-Alex Smith comment in a random thread on the front page. Every time you post on Chiefs Planet, try to find it in 2 minutes or less. If you get good enough at it, keep track of your times and see if you can improve.

You're already so brilliant at it I have no doubt you'll succeed.

keg in kc
09-13-2013, 11:51 PM
No Reid is in the secret society that Carl overlords.

He knew as soon as he was hired that the real puppet master would command him to take a 49er vet.

I love this organization wide philosophy stuff too.
How many executives are left from just a year ago? Much less two decades.There's one constant. One person establishes the philosophy, has a defining vision of what he thinks the Kansas City Chiefs should be. It doesn't matter who else is left. Everything trickles down from the top.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Let's play a game, Dane. Every day I'll post an anti-Alex Smith comment in a random thread on the front page. Every time you post on Chiefs Planet, try to find it in 2 minutes or less. If you get good enough at it, keep track of your times and see if you can improve.

You're already so brilliant at it I have no doubt you'll succeed.

What can I say?

You have a smelly cunt for all things football.

BossChief
09-13-2013, 11:53 PM
There's one constant. One person establishes the philosophy, has a defining vision of what he thinks the Kansas City Chiefs should be. It doesn't matter who else is left. Everything trickles down from the top.

Andy Reid did say "I need to find the next Len Dawson"

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 11:57 PM
And you have a tiny penis.

I'm glad we've cleared that up.

beach tribe
09-14-2013, 12:00 AM
I have a feeling you're on the wrong page, but feel free to elaborate and prove me wrong.

He never once said fans could influence shit, or that he was cool with trusting whatever decisions they make. Which is what your post addressed..

You guys have already determined the philosophy of this regime after 1 off-season...because of what Carl and Pioli did.

He was saying hes not gonna do that.
And asking what influence the philosophies of past GMs have on Reid and co. when they have a track record of doing the opposite.

Either you didnt have a reasonable answer, so you insulted him....

Or you completely missed the point....or both.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:01 AM
And you have a tiny penis.

I'm glad we've cleared that up.

JFC, you're pathetic.

When you're challenged on your rabid dumbassery, you become a petulant child. Your insults become personal and stupid.

This isn't the first time, since you made the same excuse on your "drunken" birthday.

Know your limits, Dumbfuck. Or don't.

I couldn't give a fuck.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:03 AM
He never once said fans could influence shit, or that he was cool with trusting whatever decisions they make. Which is what your post addressed..

You guys have already determined the philosophy of this regime after 1 off-season...because of what Carl and Pioli did.

And asking what influence the philosophies of past GMs have on Reid and co. when they have a track record of doing the opposite.

Just wait: Tomorrow he'll claim he was drunk, yet he'll repeat himself next weekend.

Titty Meat
09-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Mark Sanchez, Jimmy Clausen, Geno Smith. Our armchair gm's have taken a chance and still have a job.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:15 AM
Mark Sanchez, Jimmy Clausen, Geno Smith. Our armchair gm's have taken a chance and still have a job.

LMAO

keg in kc
09-14-2013, 12:15 AM
Andy Reid did say "I need to find the next Len Dawson"I think he believes he already has.

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 12:20 AM

1. I never insulted the guy. Let's get that straight.

2. O.City openly said he's sick of fiercely defying this football team, and is going to take a far more laid back approach to being a fan. And no, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just bringing it up because you seem to think I falsely read that into his posts. Same goes for fans influencing shit. I was answering his question.

3. Technically he didn't say anything about that. All he did was ask a question, which came after I posted a criticism of what the FANS want out of this football team. Not Reid or Dorsey.

4. Dane has sex with children.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:25 AM

2. O.City openly said he's sick of fiercely defying this football team, and is going to take a far more laid back approach to being a fan. And no, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just bringing it up because you seem to think I falsely read that into his posts. Same goes for fans influencing shit. I was answering his question.

3. Technically he didn't say anything about that. All he did was ask a question, which came after I posted a criticism of what the FANS want out of this football team. Not Reid or Dorsey.

You have sex with children, which totally makes sense,

Cover up.

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Just wait: Tomorrow he'll claim he was drunk, yet he'll repeat himself next weekend.
You're fucking obsessed with me. That was one post that I made as a joke for just scanning a post too quickly.

It's not like I made a lengthy apology thread or anything. Like some people do. And then turn around and get indignant and bitch-tweaky on the very people he apologized to in the fucking thread when they didn't even do anything to him.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:26 AM

You have sex with children, which totally makes sense.

Cover up.

Alert the authorities.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Guys...

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 12:28 AM
You have sex with children, which totally makes sense,

Cover up.

You're losing your touch, man. Go to bed. Rest up. Get some fresh material for tomorrow when I casually imply that Alex Smith isn't all that great of a QB.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:32 AM
You're fucking obsessed with me. That was one post that I made as a joke for just scanning a post too quickly.

Not at all.

I just think you're a loudmouth twat that overplayed his hand, big time.

You acted like a know-it-all dickface and were completely wrong, yet fail to admit it.

Since that time, you've been in denial and become an even BIGGER twat.

It's not like I made a lengthy apology thread or anything. Like some people do. And then turn around and get indignant and bitch-tweaky on the very people he apologized to in the fucking thread when they didn't even do anything to him.

If your wife gets cancer, I hope she dies right before your eyes.

Call me. I'll be more than happy to piss in your ocular cavities.

Fuck you.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:34 AM
You're losing your touch, man. Go to bed. Rest up. Get some fresh material for tomorrow when I casually imply that Alex Smith isn't all that great of a QB.

Drink some firewater and jump out of your trailer into the gravel pit 2 feet below

vailpass
09-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Not at all.

I just think you're a loudmouth twat that overplayed his hand, big time.

You acted like a know-it-all dickface and were completely wrong, yet fail to admit it.

Since that time, you've been in denial and become an even BIGGER twat.

If your wife gets cancer, I hope she dies right before your eyes.

Call me. I'll be more than happy to piss in ocular cavities.

**** you.
I'm happy your family is healthy. Let this go brother, let it go.

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 12:36 AM
I hope posting that makes you feel good about yourself.

Good night, Dane. I'm glad to hear that your wife beat her cancer those months ago.

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 12:40 AM
Oh, and don't expect me to ignore that comment. I'm absolutely going to post it in your face every time you get lippy with me from now on. To remind you of how much of a psychotic bitch you are.

Unless you'd like to take it back right now.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm happy your family is healthy. Let this go brother, let it go.

I did let it go.

But buttfucks like SNR can't and use it against me, so fuck him.

Seriously.

I've been told there are no rules here any longer, so lets do this. If people can call me disgusting names two years after the discussion I had, I'm assuming all bets are off.

Right?

It sure seems to me that all bets are off, so why should I back off?

vailpass
09-14-2013, 12:42 AM
I did let it go.

But butt****s like SNR can't and use it against me, so **** him.

Seriously.

I've been told there are no rules here any longer, so lets do this. If people can call me disgusting names two years after the discussion I had, I'm assuming all bets are off.

Right?

nobody can use anything against you that you don't allow. I abhor the child sex comments, never any reason for that. Again, I'm happy for your family's health. Ease back, enjoy what you have.

DaneMcCloud
Oh, and don't expect me to ignore that comment. I'm absolutely going to post it in your face every time you get lippy with me from now on. To remind you of how much of a psychotic bitch you are.

Yay!

Maybe your balls ARE bigger than peanuts, but I highly doubt it.

How many kids do you bang per week?

Titty Meat
Wow

Sorter
09-14-2013, 12:43 AM
Wow

This is the kind of shit that happens when you let Thor start a thread.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:45 AM
nobody can use anything against you that you don't allow. I abhor the child sex comments, never any reason for that. Again, I'm happy for your family's health.

Yeah, except for the fact that people like this piece of garbage have brought it up every, single time they've been backed into a corner.

I'm tired of it. And if the mods are going to ignore, I will, too.

Enough is enough.

Discuss Thrower
09-14-2013, 12:48 AM
Andy Reid did say "I need to find the next Len Dawson"

Zomg we're going to acquire Landry Jones

vailpass
09-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Yeah, except for the fact that people like this piece of garbage have brought it up every, single time they've been backed into a corner.

I'm tired of it. And if the mods are going to ignore, I will, too.

Enough is enough.

Peace man, do what you gotta do. Just saying there are bigger things and you shouldn't waste your time on anger. I'll sleep with a woman that isn't my wife tonight, in a house without my kids in it, as a matter of perspective.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:49 AM

It really shows your true nature that when you're proven wrong, you get as low as that piece of fucking dogshit Raider troll and attack me.

I hope you sleep well at night, all the while, knowing that deep inside, you're just another hateful piece of shit.

Sleep tight, Teach.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 12:52 AM
Peace man, do what you gotta do. Just saying there are bigger things and you shouldn't waste your time on anger. I'll sleep with a woman that isn't my wife tonight, in a house without my kids in it, as a matter of perspective.

I'll PM you tomorrow. The owner of this site, along with all of the mods, know the true reason I left in 2011.

It's not for public consumption and tonight is just yet another reason for me to stay anonymous.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 12:54 AM
I'll PM you tomorrow. The owner of this site, along with all of the mods, know the true reason I left in 2011.

It's not for public consumption and tonight is just yet another reason for me to stay anonymous.

Respect.

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 12:59 AM
I did let it go.

But buttfucks like SNR can't and use it against me, so fuck him.

Seriously.

Right?

I've only used your behavior against you. I've never once gone after your wife or family. The only time I mentioned your wife's illness was in response to you some time ago, earnestly asking, "Are you sure you're doing okay?"

Ask anybody on here, and most people will say my comments were in no way over the line. And I only used the apology thread line because you're twisting shit about me the way you want it to look. I'm just defending my reputation and slinging some of it back.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 01:05 AM
I've only used your behavior against you. I've never once gone after your wife or family. The only time I mentioned your wife's illness was in response to you some time ago, earnestly asking, "Are you sure you're doing okay?"

Ask anybody on here, and most people will say my comments were in no way over the line. And I only used the apology thread line because you're twisting shit about me the way you want it to look. I'm just defending my reputation and slinging some of it back.

You must live in the same bubble as SDH.

You fucking went off on me and called me a pedophile not two weeks ago because I disagreed with you.

You're fucked up, Dude.

Discuss Thrower
09-14-2013, 01:19 AM
And here I was thinking that for the third time in a decade that the Chiefs will enter Week 2 with a win that we could be civil to each other.

But no. We've chosen to rehash the same arguments that have played out over the last four years just so one side can say that their way was right all along and that the other side were a bunch of idiots.

Message boards can be really fucking insane.

beach tribe
09-14-2013, 01:24 AM
There's one constant. One person establishes the philosophy, has a defining vision of what he thinks the Kansas City Chiefs should be. It doesn't matter who else is left. Everything trickles down from the top.

From the mouth of Clark Hunt.

"Whether it's this year or another year, if we have a shot at somebody we think can be a franchise quarterback, I would expect us to take him ... That presumes we don't already have one on the roster, and right now, I don't think we know that

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/chiefs/7651
Both Edwards and owner Clark Hunt have made it clear that one of their primary goals is for the Chiefs to develop a franchise quarterback

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=205952&c=3
Hunt said this week that one demand he was making in the wake of a disappointing 4-12 record was that the club develop a young quarterback.

On how much Clark involves himself in football operations:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2715831
Clark Hunt says he'll run the Kansas City Chiefs with the same hands-off policy that characterized his father's ownership.

"We have people in the organization to make those decisions," the 41-year-old Hunt said after the Chiefs beat Jacksonville 35-30 Sunday in their first home game after the death of his father.

"The reason we hire a football person is so they can make the decisions."
We try to stay out of it," Clark Hunt said of football operations.

"Like anybody, we have an opinion. But I would tell the guys our opinion doesn't matter. It's yours.

beach tribe
09-14-2013, 01:35 AM
Im sorry, did I just nuke the very foundation of your belief system.

Dont worry, I dont expect any of you to admit it.

keg in kc
09-14-2013, 01:39 AM
Actions speak much more clearly and loudly than words. In that light, the course of this discussion can only change when the franchise demonstrates that what they do matches what they say. Until that time, there's just nothing to base the contention that there's any change in direction with regards to the QB position. It's only faith, on your part. And that's fine. I, however, require something more concrete than that. I need to see change. Hearing about it just isn't enough.

Discuss Thrower
09-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Im sorry, did I just nuke the very foundation of your belief system.

Dont worry, I dont expect any of you to admit it.

IMO, if the Hunt family vis a vis Clark made the decision for a retread QB instead of drafting one, then it would be this season only to the fact Clark is conscious to the fact that there aren't a lot of productive years left for the core of the team.

Pioli thought he could outsmart the league by trotting out Cassel. Herm/Kuharich/Carl might have very well drafted Matt Ryan, but I doubt we'd have seen the type of production that Atlanta got from him.

Beyond that you have Carl working under Lamar and through Gunther (overrated) and Marty who appears to have learned his "lesson" in retread QBs through playing Philip Rivers..

Nightfyre
09-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Dane McCloud playing the martyr? Color me surprised... Grow up man. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Dane McCloud playing the martyr? Color me surprised... Grow up man. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

It's over, let it lye.

beach tribe
09-14-2013, 01:48 AM
Actions speak much more clearly and loudly than words. In that light, the course of this discussion can only change when the franchise demonstrates that what they do matches what they say. Until that time, there's just nothing to base the contention that there's any change in direction with regards to the QB position. It's only faith, on your part. And that's fine. I, however, require something more concrete than that. I need to see change. Hearing about it just isn't enough.

So then IYO Clark would prefer a 30 yr old retread vet over developing a young FQB, and just said that shit cause....fuck, I dont know, give me a reason why he would say that.

DaneMcCloud

The "heat"?

Look in the mirror, cockbag.

Discuss Thrower
So then IYO Clark would prefer a 30 yr old retread vet over developing a young FQB, and just said that shit cause....fuck, I dont know, give me a reason why he would say that.

N b4 "Asses in seats"

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 01:49 AM
It's over, let it lye.

Over?

It's just beginning.

Nightfyre
09-14-2013, 01:50 AM
The "heat"?

Look in the mirror, cockbag.

I don't take this shit personally. Why should I? First of all, no here even knows me. Second of all, we're all just a bunch of amateurs making educated guesses at best. Quit flooding the forum with your weeping vag.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 01:51 AM
Over?

It's just beginning.

Your call man......you know I'm not here to interfere.

beach tribe
09-14-2013, 01:52 AM
N b4 "Asses in seats"
A Young Franchise QB would sell out the gold section.

Clark is a cheap ass tightwad too.
Remember that one?

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 01:52 AM
I don't take this shit personally. Why should I? First of all, no here even knows me. Second of all, we're all just a bunch of amateurs making educated guesses at best. Quit flooding the forum with your weeping vag.

LMAO

Again, look in the mirror, dickface.

I'm not the one that hitched my wagons at 1.1 to someone that was unworthy of 1.1.

That would be you.

Try again, Child.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 01:53 AM
Your call man......you know I'm not here to interfere.

Too much damage has been done.

It's time to let it ride!

vailpass
09-14-2013, 01:55 AM
Too much damage has been done.

It's time to let it ride!

Then fuck shit up, I know how that goes.

keg in kc
09-14-2013, 01:55 AM
So then IYO Clark would prefer a 30 yr old retread vet over developing a young FQB, and just said that shit cause....****, I dont know, give me a reason why he would say that.I actually do think the franchise would prefer a 30 year old retread vet over developing a young franchise quarterback.

Want to know why I believe that?

Because that's what they've done to date. When they do something else, then I'll know something else...

Think about it this way: that's Hunt talking - in 2008 - about how he wants to develop a franchise quarterback. Flash forward to 2013 - 5 years later - how many times have we actually done it? Which FQB, as you put it, has this team tried to develop? Because what I see so far are Matt Cassel coming on board in 2009 and now Alex Smith coming on board in 2013.

As far as Hunt being "hands off," as he says in your article from 7 years ago, the reality is that he's admitted, since Reid's hire, that he's learned from his handling of Pioli and Haley, and that he's going to be more hands on from this point forward. Beginning with Reid reporting not to the GM, but to him, directly. Reid runs the coaching side, Dorsey runs the personnel side, Donovan runs the business side and they all report directly to Clark. That's how things are being run today.

That does not mean that Clark makes personnel decisions, but he most definitely is involved, and that does include which direction they go on high draft picks (whether it's using them or trading them).

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 01:59 AM
Then fuck shit up, I know how that goes.

In all seriousness, if SNR gets "drunk" and is allowed by the mods and owner to say the shit he said, all bets are off.

I let it slide a few weeks back but it's clear that he isn't going to back off.

This isn't 2011 and the reason I left then is no longer an issue. If this is the path my "detractors" choose to take, I'm more than happy to oblige.

It's not my first choice but then again, I ain't the one that started it.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 02:02 AM
In all seriousness, if SNR gets "drunk" and is allowed by the mods and owner to say the shit he said, all bets are off.

I let it slide a few weeks back but it's clear that he isn't going to back off.

This isn't 2011 and the reason I left then is no longer an issue. If this is the path my "detractors" choose to take, I'm more than happy to oblige.

It's not my first choice but then again, I ain't the one that started it.

Do what ya gotta do. I'm sitting next to a topless slut sipping Stoli and killing the night.....I just know you to be above this shit. SNR has always seemed a good dude to me barring his baseless comments to you tonight.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Do what ya gotta do. I'm sitting next to a topless slut sipping Stoli and killing the night.....I just know you to be above this shit. SNR has always seemed a good dude to me barring his baseless comments to you tonight.

Thank the heavens for Romania

vailpass
09-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Thank the heavens for Romania

:D And Scottsdale.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 02:10 AM
:D And Scottsdale.

o:-)

beach tribe
09-14-2013, 02:29 AM
I actually do think the franchise would prefer a 30 year old retread vet over developing a young franchise quarterback.

Want to know why I believe that?

Because that's what they've done to date. When they do something else, then I'll know something else...

Think about it this way: that's Hunt talking - in 2008 - about how he wants to develop a franchise quarterback. Flash forward to 2013 - 5 years later - how many times have we actually done it? Which FQB, as you put it, has this team tried to develop? Because what I see so far are Matt Cassel coming on board in 2009 and now Alex Smith coming on board in 2013.

As far as Hunt being "hands off," as he says in your article from 7 years ago, the reality is that he's admitted, since Reid's hire, that he's learned from his handling of Pioli and Haley, and that he's going to be more hands on from this point forward. Beginning with Reid reporting not to the GM, but to him, directly. Reid runs the coaching side, Dorsey runs the personnel side, Donovan runs the business side and they all report directly to Clark. That's how things are being run today.

That does not mean that Clark makes personnel decisions, but he most definitely is involved, and that does include which direction they go on high draft picks (whether it's using them or trading them).
Good Post
I can see where you are coming from.

Was going to say, that the mistake he made, was trusting his execs too much.
He actually said that developing a young franchise QB is the only path to success in this league. I can find the article where he says almost that exact statement if you like.

Carl and Herm thought Croyle was a potential FQB.....and he listened, although a you saw in that post, that Clark stated he wasnt sure they had one yet.
That was the first attempt at developing a YFQB.
Development #1.Croyle.Fail...Carls fault.

He trusted Pioli....and he burned him.
Cassel was Piolis guy, and he believed in late round Qbs....enter Stanzi. Development #2.Stanzi.Fail...Piolis fault.

Reid wanted to hit the ground running.
I dont blame him, but he has made it clear Smith was his call.
Smith is not young, developing, or a franchise QB.
He is no doubt here to win games.
But he is not the young stud that Clark has repeatedly says he wants, and I dont think its a coincidence that Clark brought in guys with a track record of drafting and developing QBs.

Herm came here and did what he does.

Pioli came in and acted like they always knew who they were picking in Brady, and that he could do it again.

I fully expect these guys to do what they have always done, and that is not pass on FQBs in the draft.

Sassy Squatch
09-14-2013, 04:27 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Nightfyre
09-14-2013, 04:59 AM
LMAO

Again, look in the mirror, dickface.

I'm not the one that hitched my wagons at 1.1 to someone that was unworthy of 1.1.

That would be you.

Try again, Child.

You have serious reading comprehension issues. Either that or you feel so strongly you have to get the last word to win, that you are willing to respond in a completely non-sequitur fashion. In any case, you are an intolerable ass who is unwilling/unable to actually address the issue at hand. As a result you are compelled to sling elementary school comebacks like "I'm rubber and you're glue, dickface!" and addressing people as "Child" like you are Chad Johnson/Ochocinco or something.
LMAO

Oh and yea, I whiffed on Geno's draft prospects. On the other hand, I actually took the time to watch a couple football games, form an opinion, and distribute it here on this foootball forum. Meanwhile, all dane mccloud does is routinely make a miserable ass of himself trying to make himself out to be a martyr while providing no worthwhile discussion. Get lost, son.

SAUTO
09-14-2013, 06:34 AM

You are living in the butt hurt of the past. Dane mccloud
Posted via Mobile Device