PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith is a damn good QB

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2014, 04:27 PM
I agree. It is missing. I just happen to think it has more to do with factors outside of the qb.

There are certainly other factors.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-05-2014, 07:50 PM
There are certainly other factors.

Does "not trying" qualify as a factor?

Reerun_KC
11-05-2014, 09:08 PM
This a hundred times over.
Then you better blame the person in charge and stop shooting the messenger.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2014, 09:08 PM
And it's designed like that because Alex is limited and won't throw downfield.

His philly offense looked nothing like this.

Which is why i believe Reid doesn't get the credit he deserves around here.
Or the blame he deserves.

OldSchool
11-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Or the blame he deserves.

BS, Reid had Jackson and Maclin on the outside. Not only that, his OL was anchored by 3 All-Pro caliber players in Peters, Mathis, and Kelce.

Does he have anything close to that here? The answer is a resounding no.

OldSchool
11-05-2014, 11:32 PM
The one year that Reid lost his top OL players, Reid and the Eagles had a poor season and he was fired.

You think he might have learned something from that experience of getting Vick killed while waiting for deep routes to develop behind an OL that was missing Peters and a bunch of other starters?

He knows that this OL sucks, he knows that the team lacks a true deep threat (not just pure speed but the ability to track and adjust to the ball down field and win in 50-50 situations).

Ever since the Miami game, Reid hasn't called a 7 step drop from deep in his own territory. He knows that he's just asking for Smith to be sacked behind this OL when he calls those plays. The OL can't hold up and the WRs can't get open.

ThaVirus
11-05-2014, 11:36 PM
STOP FUCKING SAYING THAT.

WRs are open. This is the NFL. They get open.

ViperVisor
11-05-2014, 11:43 PM
DeSean is right at the very top of deep WRs in history. He has like a turbo button to hit and runs by the defense.

Does KC have a 2nd tier deep guy? AJ Green? Vincent Jackson? Torrey Smith? T.Y. Hilton? No

KC has the 3rd rate Donnie Avery. And he hasn't even been on the field.

It looks like and you here announcers seeing the double move deep stuff being called a few times a game but the O-Line has to hold and Smith has to wait and look deep. Those 2 things happening at the same time is rare.

Last week was a small step in the direction of breaking out bigger pass plays
Signature Stat: Completed both pass attempts 20 or more yards downfield for 46 yards with a touchdown.

OldSchool
11-05-2014, 11:55 PM
STOP ****ING SAYING THAT.

WRs are open. This is the NFL. They get open.

Yeah, this is the NFL and some college teams have a better WR group than the Chiefs do, it's sad. (Bama, Auburn, WVU to name a few).

Discuss Thrower
11-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Yeah, this is the NFL and some college teams have a better WR group than the Chiefs do, it's sad. (Bama, Auburn, WVU to name a few).

Holy shit.

ThaVirus
11-06-2014, 12:06 AM

That's bullshit. Our WR corps could definitely use an upgrade but we're not in such shitty shape as you love making it seem.

I don't know when you guys will start to see that Alex just doesn't use his receivers like others do. We've played a game without Bowe and several without Avery. Why do you think it is that we literally don't notice a single bit of difference when a guy sits out?

Discuss Thrower
11-06-2014, 12:25 AM
That's bullshit. Our WR corps could definitely use an upgrade but we're not in such shitty shape as you love making it seem.

I don't know when you guys will start to see that Alex just doesn't use his receivers like others do. We've played a game without Bowe and several without Avery. Why do you think it is that we literally don't notice a single bit of difference when a guy sits out?

Because every Kansas City offensive player not numbered 11 or 25 is literally the worst to play professional football.

OldSchool
11-06-2014, 01:09 AM

So you wouldn't take Auburn's top duo of Coates and Williams over Bowe and the other crap that is trotted out there?

You wouldn't take Amari Cooper over Bowe right now?

You wouldn't take Kevin White?

ThaVirus
11-06-2014, 01:23 AM
So you wouldn't take Auburn's top duo of Coates and Williams over Bowe and the other crap that is trotted out there?

Of course I would.

You confuse potential with production, though. I'd take Amari because he has potential to be great. Truth is, at this moment he likely isn't a better NFL receiver than Bowe. A lot of NFL receiving corps around the league have potential but not the production to match. That's why I say their situations are comparable to ours.

OldSchool
11-06-2014, 01:37 AM
On a side note, know who else, besides Benjamin (won't pretend that I liked him in the draft, but he has been great in the NFL so far), would have helped this offense a lot? Joel Bitonio. Every bit as good as Cowboys' 1st round rookie Martin.

Mav
11-06-2014, 01:49 AM
Because every Kansas City offensive player not numbered 11 or 25 is literally the worst to play professional football.
You forgot 87. He's pretty good.

Discuss Thrower
11-06-2014, 02:02 AM
You forgot 87. He's pretty good.

He's unproven and a project. At best.

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say it'll be just you among the slew of Alex-fans that migrated here that won't be jumping down Kelce's ass if he drops a surefire TD and costs KC a game.

Which, believe it or not, is to be expected because he's practically a rookie. And while a fuck up by Kelce won't be enjoyable in the short term such a fuckup won't necessarily define his career in the league.

Mav
11-06-2014, 02:06 AM

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say it'll be just you among the slew of Alex-fans that migrated here that won't be jumping down Kelce's ass if he drops a surefire TD and costs KC a game.

Which, believe it or not, is to be expected because he's practically a rookie. And while a fuck up by Kelce won't be enjoyable in the short term such a fuckup won't necessarily define his career in the league.
Correct. I don't tend to pound on guys unless it was Kendrick Lewis.

Drops happen. Shrugs.

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2014, 03:12 AM

What? He's the most NFL Ready tight end the Chiefs have drafted since Tony Gonzales. He's already broken Gonzalez' rookie record, even though technically he's not a rookie.

I swear, some of you guys either aren't watching this team or don't know what they're watching.

Sandy Vagina
11-06-2014, 07:37 AM

Hey, don't forget Mario Alford playing opposite White! He's been good too.

Bowe has been doing alright lately, but since getting paid well, he's a marginal #1 and good #2.

Avery should be no higher than any team's #3.

AJJ, Hammond, Hemingway? #4 receivers at best.

Who the hell knows on Albert Wilson. Looks like he could be good, if he could get on the field more than twice a game.

So yes... this is easily a bottom 5 wide receiver group. There's a reason why the entire draft world had us going with WR in rd 1 or 2. There's a reason we clearly tried to bring in Emmanuel Sanders.

.. and there's a reason why Bowe, Kelce, Fasano, and JC (little DAT too eventually) get more targets.

They are the higher % targets.. and have far more talent than the rest of the slop. Watch what happens when ANY of Avery, Hammond, Hemingway, AJJ get released into the NFL population. They will either disappear completely... or be signed to vet minimum deals.

You know it... I know it... everyone ****ing knows it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Alexcuses flowing today. Must be preemptive in case of a Buffalo loss.

Circle those wagons!

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2014, 09:13 AM

Circle those wagons!

Seek treatment for your syndrome.

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2014, 09:15 AM

Holy shit, that's fucking stupid.

Or, maybe it's just more battered wife syndrome...

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Is Discuss Thrower on meth or just trolling?

Sandy Vagina
11-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Is Discuss Thrower on meth or just trolling?

it's a mental disability... be kind and understanding.

"unproven and a project at best"

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/470/852/4ce.gif

Mav
11-06-2014, 10:04 AM

Circle those wagons!
Lol.

Reerun_KC
11-06-2014, 10:13 AM

Circle those wagons!

Genobaters only chance to be relevant is if Alex fails....

So far Alex is clown shoeing the gene's....

Marcellus
11-06-2014, 10:18 AM

Which, believe it or not, is to be expected because he's practically a rookie. And while a **** up by Kelce won't be enjoyable in the short term such a ****up won't necessarily define his career in the league.

Your post is akin to Manson carving a swastika in his forehead. No need to question your sanity any longer.

Reerun_KC
11-06-2014, 10:20 AM

Whats a surefire TD?

Mav
11-06-2014, 10:21 AM

Pshhhh. Alex Smith is clown shoeing everyone who ever called him a game manager. Theoretically, a qb who throws as many short passes as he does should be easy to stop, yet the chiefs just keep on keeping on.

TLO
11-06-2014, 10:21 AM

Which, believe it or not, is to be expected because he's practically a rookie. And while a **** up by Kelce won't be enjoyable in the short term such a ****up won't necessarily define his career in the league.

:facepalm:

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 01:20 PM

True,

but the post-season is creeping up...

Discuss Thrower
11-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Whats a surefire TD?

Think Dexter McCluster vs Buffalo last season.

Marcellus
11-06-2014, 02:01 PM
True,

but the post-season is creeping up...

Smith clowned you fools in the post season last year as well.

warrior
11-06-2014, 02:18 PM

LOL true

JENKINSWINS
11-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Meanwhile in SF with their upgraded WR corps and pro bowl tight end, Kap is struggling. He could learn a thing or 2 from Alex on how to protect himself from a bad pass protecting offensive line and beating the blitz. 49ers fans got on Alex for his short game and decisiveness but now they're blaming everyone else but the QB for their struggles. I'm seeing "Fire Roman!" "Fire Harbaugh!" "The Oline is the suxxors!". LOL Alex is clowning them too.

Mav
11-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Meanwhile in SF with their upgraded WR corps and pro bowl tight end, Kap is struggling. He could learn a thing or 2 from Alex on how to protect himself from a bad pass protecting offensive line and beating the blitz. 49ers fans got on Alex for his short game and decisiveness but now they're blaming everyone else but the QB for their struggles. I'm seeing "Fire Roman!" "Fire Harbaugh!" "The Oline is the suxxors!". LOL Alex is clowning them too.
It's like reverse. Before Kaep they blamed alex for everything. Now they blame everyone but Kaep.

He is the problem.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 03:21 PM

By winning?

Oh...

JENKINSWINS
11-06-2014, 03:22 PM
By winning?

Oh...

Yes, he was the reason they were winning but not the reason they lost.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Yes, he was the reason they were winning but not the reason they lost.

Let them flow...

JENKINSWINS
11-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Let them flow...

You're a Chief's fan right, why continue to bash the QB when there are so many other holes on the team that need to be addressed? If they end up winning against the Bills, will you keep up the pessimistic posts about a winning QB?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 03:32 PM
You're a Chief's fan right, why continue to bash the QB when there are so many other holes on the team that need to be addressed? If they end up winning against the Bills, will you keep up the pessimistic posts about a winning QB?

I will be pessimistic until said QB or another hoists a Lombardi.

JENKINSWINS
11-06-2014, 03:36 PM

That's a sad choice but carry on.

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 03:44 PM

Beating the Bills in the regular season is all I've ever really cared about, so yes, that would wipe away any concerns about postseason success.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Beating the Bills in the regular season is all I've ever really cared about, so yes, that would wipe away any concerns about postseason success.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Easy 6
11-06-2014, 03:48 PM

Yep, they wanted the high flying offense with the big armed runaround QB and they GOT IT, Smith and his steady as she goes style was just sooo boring... now look whats happening to them.

JENKINSWINS
11-06-2014, 03:57 PM

It's not just beating the Bills, it's continuing to win. The post season isn't here yet but if they continue to win they'll be there to have a chance to answer all your postseason concerns. How hard is that to understand?

Anyways here's a cool little segment with Jerry Rice explaining the 49ers woes.

"The timing is not there you know the 3 step drop where you get the ball out of your hand, where you don't give the defensive line time to get a sack."

How familiar does this sound? Alex is doing exactly what Rice says the 49ers need to do.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/75884-jerry-rice-analyzing-49ers-woes/

Sandy Vagina
11-06-2014, 04:15 PM

True story.. it's both hilarious and nauseating. I have checked off every possible Kaeperscuse and deflection possible. Even read one that was trying to deflect blame onto their top 10 defense, but that one blew up in OP's face! LMAO

temper11
11-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Yep, they wanted the high flying offense with the big armed runaround QB and they GOT IT, Smith and his steady as she goes style was just sooo boring... now look whats happening to them.

It's really crazy to read through the niners board. Post after post about how terrible the offensive line is, and how awful the coaches are, and how they really need to get back to the 2011 offense of "ball control" football and quick passing schemes to get the ball out of Kap's hands quickly.

When Smith was there, it was "Dink and Dunk", now it's "Ball control football".

Somewhere off in the distance, Cinderella's "You don't know what you've got (til' it's gone)" skips repeatedly on the chorus out of a jukebox in a forgotten, roadside bar.

ViperVisor
11-06-2014, 04:20 PM
49ers offense is bad. Worse than 2011.

Harbaugh era is consistently top 10 in pre-snap penalties.

Redzone offense has always been bad. Only time it was good was 2012 when Smith was playing.

49ers rush attack is still good. 4.1 avg seems low but longest run in 28 yards this year so the avg gain per run really is about 4.
That is what you want to help a QB and offense.

l4z4rd
11-06-2014, 04:21 PM

1. Kaepernick is holding the ball way too long looking for the homerun throw. Half of the sacks against the Rams were on him.
2. Teams are stacking the box daring Kaepernick to beat them with his arm.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 04:21 PM
True story.. it's both hilarious and nauseating. I have checked off every possible Kaeperscuse and deflection possible. Even read one that was trying to deflect blame onto their top 10 defense, but that one blew up in OP's face! LMAO

Stop being a battered wife and go support your team.

stevieray
11-06-2014, 04:23 PM
when the network puts up a stat during the game about dropped passes..your WR corp is SUBPAR.

Easy 6
11-06-2014, 04:23 PM
It's really crazy to read through the niners board. Post after post about how terrible the offensive line is, and how awful the coaches are, and how they really need to get back to the 2011 offense of "ball control" football and quick passing schemes to get the ball out of Kap's hands quickly.

When Smith was there, it was "Dink and Dunk", now it's "Ball control football".

Somewhere off in the distance, Cinderella's "You don't know what you've got (til' it's gone)" skips repeatedly on the chorus out of a jukebox in a forgotten, roadside bar.

I'll buy a round of shots for that bar so they can drown their sorrows... being a Niners guy yourself, is Smith even two years later now, still creating division within the fanbase?

If so, its not the least bit surprising... he's had the exact same effect here.

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 04:27 PM
It's not just beating the Bills, it's continuing to win. The post season isn't here yet but if they continue to win they'll be there to have a chance to answer all your postseason concerns. How hard is that to understand?

The part that's hard to understand -- mind boggling, really -- is how a few wins always (as in every time they've ever strung a few wins together) sends us down the same path. It's not like we had these same conversations last year when they were 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, 8-0, 9-0... and at 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, people were slobbering all over the NFCE wins, dismissing the "haters" in the exact same ways, because you know, that Chargers win was really impressive because they had already beaten the likes of the Bills, Jags, Jets, and Raiders!

So, just like I said last year, the Chiefs could be pretty good. They might be the best team out of very large number of middle-of-the-pack teams that aren't either completely awful or legit contenders. Unfortunately, they get very few regular season tests to prove otherwise, so yes, it's pretty much all about evaluating what you see during those tests and then waiting until January.... yet, all the backlash every single time they win a few and someone says, hey, what about...?*

*obviously not talking about Clay and a few others who have made it their goal in life to bash Alex Smith

stevieray
11-06-2014, 04:29 PM
because they don't produce consistantly.
the oline cant pass protect for deep routes to develop

how many different players caught a pass in the last game...?

you guys have been reduced to deep passes...after wins.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 04:30 PM
The part that's hard to understand -- mind boggling, really -- is how a few wins always (as in every time they've ever strung a few wins together) sends us down the same path. It's not like we had these same conversations last year when they were 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, 8-0, 9-0... and at 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, people were slobbering all over the NFCE wins, dismissing the "haters" in the exact same ways, because you know, that Chargers win was really impressive because they had already beaten the likes of the Bills, Jags, Jets, and Raiders!

So, just like I said last year, the Chiefs could be pretty good. They might be the best team out of very large number of middle-of-the-pack teams that aren't either completely awful or legit contenders. Unfortunately, they get very few regular season tests to prove otherwise, so yes, it's pretty much all about evaluating what you see during those tests and then waiting until January.... yet, all the backlash every single time they win a few and someone says, hey, what about...?*

*obviously not talking about Clay and a few others who have made it their goal in life to bash Alex Smith

Lather, rinse, repeat.

That's why I don't give two shits about the "impressive regular season wins" of the Kansas City Motherfucking Chiefs anymore.

Because in the end, it means nothing.

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2014, 04:31 PM

This.

ViperVisor
11-06-2014, 04:33 PM
1. Kaepernick is holding the ball way too long looking for the homerun throw. Half of the sacks against the Rams were on him.
2. Teams are stacking the box daring Kaepernick to beat them with his arm.

True. He wasn't holding for 4 seconds like Geno did but he was getting hit after 2.5 seconds. He was almost always sacked moving backwards/sideways.
O-Line in the Eagles game let guys through right up the middle and can't blame a QB when that happens.
But when you spread the field with WRs and the Rams rush you are supposed to beat the pressure with a quick pass.

Teams are happy to let Kaepernick beat them if he can complete a handful of passes on a long drive.
Problem for the 49ers is he will for a bit and then fail and so it is a punt, FG, or Turnover.

temper11
11-06-2014, 04:37 PM
I'll buy a round of shots for that bar so they can drown their sorrows... being a Niners guy yourself, is Smith even two years later now, still creating division within the fanbase?

If so, its not the least bit surprising... he's had the exact same effect here.

Somewhat... If anyone says anything critical of Kap, he is instantly labeled a Smith-bater even if that poster didn't say anything at all about Smith. You aren't really allowed to actually talk about Smith - the Mods just delete your post. There used to be threads about Smith in the "NFL section" but those get deleted now as well.

The hypocrisy of those folks who used to scream "Alexcuses" to the ceiling, now using the same exact excuses for Kap is really unbelievable. It amazes me that they don't see the hypocrisy in their posts.

But the polarizing debate is pretty much the same. Everyone rails about how stupid the debate is and yet linger on and on in the thread, unable to stay away from it. It's pretty amazing how polarizing the guy is... for his part, he just goes out and plays football. Not at all flashy, pretty workman like game after game. Does what he can to help his team win games. Buy all accounts from his teammates a good leader, certainly never a cancer in the locker room, good community guy, family man, no waves what-so-ever... and then all around him - this unending massive shit storm of debate!

stevieray
11-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Lather, rinse, repeat.

That's why I don't give two shits about the "impressive regular season wins" of the Kansas City Mother****ing Chiefs anymore.

Because in the end, it means nothing.

yet, you are riding the Buffalo game like a three dollar whore.

iwins mean nothing
losses mean SOMETHING.

it's funny, you and clay throw losses or potential losses in everyones face, jump on every mistake, predict doom and gloom, don't expect anything...but still feel vindicated to complain.

now it's wins don't mean anything..and all you can hang your hat on is to hope we lose in the playoffs.

Easy 6
11-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Somewhat... If anyone says anything critical of Kap, he is instantly labeled a Smith-bater even if that poster didn't say anything at all about Smith. You aren't really allowed to actually talk about Smith - the Mods just delete your post. There used to be threads about Smith in the "NFL section" but those get deleted now as well.

The hypocrisy of those folks who used to scream "Alexcuses" to the ceiling, now using the same exact excuses for Kap is really unbelievable. It amazes me that they don't see the hypocrisy in their posts.

But the polarizing debate is pretty much the same. Everyone rails about how stupid the debate is and yet linger on and on in the thread, unable to stay away from it. It's pretty amazing how polarizing the guy is... for his part, he just goes out and plays football. Not at all flashy, pretty workman like game after game. Does what he can to help his team win games. Buy all accounts from his teammates a good leader, certainly never a cancer in the locker room, good community guy, family man, no waves what-so-ever... and then all around him - this unending massive shit storm of debate!

Wow the Niner boards sound like straight up Nazi's, almost like Orangemane west... except the mange allows dissent within the ranks, but NOT from rival fans, those carrot dicked bitches.

Are all of the most popular boards like that?

It makes me thankful for the anything goes attitude of this place, it puts the old canard about midwesterners being small minded to bed for good... if anything, it makes the "liberal" west coasters look small minded and unwilling to tolerate criticism.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
now it's wins don't mean anything..and all you can hang your hat on is to hope we lose in the playoffs.

To be honest, the last two weeks mean absolutely nothing.

This feels like an average team that beat a couple of bottom feeders.

If that floats your boat, more power to ya, but some of us aren't impressed by it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 04:47 PM
yet, you are riding the Buffalo game like a three dollar whore.

iwins mean nothing
losses mean SOMETHING.

it's funny, you and clay throw losses or potential losses in everyones face, jump on every mistake, predict doom and gloom, don't expect anything...but still feel vindicated to complain.

I'm not riding shit. I don't care if they win or lose against Buffalo. That's Clay's wagon, not mine.

If they lose in the playoff's, assuming they get there, it's just proof KC is doing the same old shit and expecting a different result. Either way, my life goes on.

Marcellus
11-06-2014, 04:47 PM

Nothing wrong being a little pessimistic, the problem is you are epically stupid.

temper11
11-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Teams are happy to let Kaepernick beat them if he can complete a handful of passes on a long drive.
Problem for the 49ers is he will for a bit and then fail and so it is a punt, FG, or Turnover.

This...

This is essentially what I wrote in a thread in the NFL section which was soon deleted because a few haters jumped in and made it into a smith vs Kap debate. I was asking the question if Kap had the patience to run a WCO? He has all the physical tools to make the big play, but does he have the patience and knowledge to make the hundred little plays that the WCO requires for success? Their offensive line is playing surprisingly bad considering the talent they have there. They need to rely on the short passing game and running game until they can correct whatever is happening up front, and it remains to be seen if they will be able to pull that off.

Maybe the line will get itself corrected and the offense off to the races. We'll see, but I do think it is interesting how many are starting to see what it was that Smith eventually brought to the table. They may still like and prefer the "high ceiling" that Kap supposedly has, but at least many are now appreciating what they had in Smith.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Nothing wrong being a little pessimistic, the problem is you are epically stupid.

Go motherfuck yourself, Lil' Chiefy. Every year you hop on the jock and act like fucking X-Factor on this board, so kiss my ass.

Marcellus
11-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Go mother**** yourself, Lil' Chiefy. Every year you hop on the jock and act like ****ing X-Factor on this board, so kiss my ass.

LMAO, you are completely clueless. I am far from a homer.

Kiss your ass? Why? What have you ever been right about in your life? How's your boy Geno doing?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 04:55 PM
LMAO, you are completely clueless. I am far from a homer.

Kiss your ass? What what have you ever been right about in your life? How's your boy Geno doing?

Bullshit. I've watched your shit since 2008, and every year it's the same goddamned thing regardless of who is the FO, who's coaching, who's playing.

It doesn't matter. It never has.

temper11

If that floats your boat, more power to ya, but some of us aren't impressed by it.

Good teams are supposed to take care of business against shitty teams... that's what the Chiefs did the last two weeks. I don't see anyone throwing any parades yet.

It's my understanding that not so long ago, the Chiefs were losing games like the ones played the last couple of weeks. The fact that they are winning them now is an acknowledgement that the team is getting better. Some folks find that encouraging.

Easy 6

The hell it does, dozens of poster including YOU came up with reason after reason after reason why we could and would lose those two games.

But now that we won, its all just "yeah we beat some garbage teams"... I just wish I could come up with a message for Ortons penetrating eyes to hit YOU with, it'd be a doozy.

stevieray
11-06-2014, 04:57 PM

GTFO yourself..these are the top 1500 pro football players out of 300 million....

at the end of every day, whether you/I are impressed or not means JACK SHIT...yet you'll cry like a baby if they lose, even when you EXPECT them to.

temper11
11-06-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm not riding shit. I don't care if they win or lose against Buffalo. That's Clay's wagon, not mine.

If they lose in the playoff's, assuming they get there, it's just proof KC is doing the same old shit and expecting a different result. Either way, my life goes on.

Most playoff teams lose in the playoffs don't they? Not losing in the playoffs is a pretty high "unacceptable bar" to set.

l4z4rd
11-06-2014, 04:59 PM
This...

This is essentially what I wrote in a thread in the NFL section which was soon deleted because a few haters jumped in and made it into a smith vs Kap debate. I was asking the question if Kap had the patience to run a WCO? He has all the physical tools to make the big play, but does he have the patience and knowledge to make the hundred little plays that the WCO requires for success? Their offensive line is playing surprisingly bad considering the talent they have there. They need to rely on the short passing game and running game until they can correct whatever is happening up front, and it remains to be seen if they will be able to pull that off.

Maybe the line will get itself corrected and the offense off to the races. We'll see, but I do think it is interesting how many are starting to see what it was that Smith eventually brought to the table. They may still like and prefer the "high ceiling" that Kap supposedly has, but at least many are now appreciating what they had in Smith.

He doesn't have the mental acumen to run the WCO (maybe in the future, who knows), plus you can't run the WCO when the only throw in your arsenal is a 90mph fastball.

Marcellus
11-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Bullshit. I've watched your shit since 2008, and every year it's the same goddamned thing regardless of who is the FO, who's coaching, who's playing.

Feel free to have your as usual idiotic opinion, if being the opposite of you makes me a homer, then kick ****ing ass. I will wear it with pride.
The last thing I want is to be associated with a stupid inbred regurgitating everyone else shit dumb-ass which you are. I doubt you have had an original thought in your life and thats probably a good thing considering your ignorance.

I just took you off ignore today to see what you were up to. Same old stupid regurgitated shit.

JENKINSWINS
11-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Alex is moving up.

Alex Smith: I hate the word "efficient" for quarterbacks, but it really applies to Smith's season. He only tried two long passes last week, and he connected on both of them. The Chiefs' offense is the equivalent of the sleeper hold. A strong game in Buffalo this week would move him a tier.

While Kap is moving down.

Colin Kaepernick: The 49ers can't decide what they are. When they go to a spread attack, their tackles can't hold up in pass protection. Everyone wants them to just "run the ball" but they struggled when they tried against St. Louis. Frank Gore has 39 carries for 107 yards over the last three weeks, for less than three yards per carry. When teams blitz Kaepernick, he hasn't shown the awareness to change plays or find checkdown passes.

How ironic?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000423667/article/qb-index-why-are-kaepernick-cam-wilson-struggling

temper11
11-06-2014, 05:08 PM
He doesn't have the mental acumen to run the WCO (maybe in the future, who knows), plus you can't run the WCO when the only throw in your arsenal is a 90mph fastball.

It is really interesting that all the things that the Niners really need RIGHT NOW in a QB is all the things that they just traded away to the chiefs.

I think Harbaugh is a good coach... and you don't go to the NFCCG 3 years straight if your coaching staff is shit. Not to mention I think the niners have one of the deepest benches and talent in the game... So I think they will be fine. They'll get this offense figured out somehow. But it sure is glaring right now that they are trying to coach a little bit, or a lot bit, of Smith into Kap.

Sandy Vagina
11-06-2014, 05:17 PM
It is really interesting that all the things that the Niners really need RIGHT NOW in a QB is all the things that they just traded away to the chiefs.

Yep. The largest issue SF has is.. the lacking QB ability to better sense what the defense is doing pre-snap.. and adjust or plan accordingly to it. That, and he treats each play or drive as if it's his last. That can cause some serious errors that can kill the team. Sometimes, less is more.. and not forcing shit is a good decision.

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Good teams are supposed to take care of business against shitty teams... that's what the Chiefs did the last two weeks. I don't see anyone throwing any parades yet.

It's my understanding that not so long ago, the Chiefs were losing games like the ones played the last couple of weeks. The fact that they are winning them now is an acknowledgement that the team is getting better. Some folks find that encouraging.

No one has said people are throwing parades.... but, I LOL'd when I saw the thread asking if they were a Super Bowl contender.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Sandy Vagina
11-06-2014, 05:26 PM
No one has said people are throwing parades.... but, I LOL'd when I saw the thread asking if they were a Super Bowl contender.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Fans... fanatical...

Some think hope and positive thinking is a good thing. Others think hope and positive thinking is something to fear.. or be ashamed of.

Everyone has their own way... what the problem is? The only trouble with hope and optimism comes when people can't handle potential disappointment. Fans shouldn't be mocked just because they like what they see, and choose to buy in.

Everyone knows that only ONE team can bring home the prize.

:shrug:

TLO
11-06-2014, 05:28 PM

So you're a mult?

TLO
11-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Fans... fanatical...

Some think hope and positive thinking is a good thing. Others think hope and positive thinking is something to fear.. or be ashamed of.

Everyone has their own way... what the problem is? The only trouble with hope and optimism comes when people can't handle potential disappointment. Fans shouldn't be mocked just because they like what they see, and choose to buy in.

Everyone knows that only ONE team can bring home the prize.

:shrug:

This is a very good post.

Ming the Merciless
11-06-2014, 05:31 PM
The hell it does, dozens of poster including YOU came up with reason after reason after reason why we could and would lose those two games.

I dont recall seeing anyone say we would lose to the jets

but if there were one or two, I dont think there were dozens....

I dunno, we were heavy favorites so I dont see how anyone couldve thought we would lose

COULD lose, OK....

WOULD lose....nah

temper11
11-06-2014, 05:33 PM

Every.

Single.

Time.

I get that... but the 9ers were shit in 2010. in 2011 they picked up a new coaching staff and came within an overtime loss to playing in the superbowl. I don't think the conversation to ask the question "Are we a superbowl team" is that horrible of a discussion. That's the goal, to go to the superbowl, and the "ride" is part of the fun for most people (not for you - I understand) but for most people the ride and the hope of the team having "it's year" is why many people are fans.

You guys keep calling these games meaningless games. If that's the case are you then advocating for a single elimination NFL season so every game is "win or go home"? It would be a very short season if that were the case. The point of the season is to work the team, correct shortcomings, etc. Improve or sustain your team in time for the playoffs. No game is meaningless, the regular season isn't meaningless.

stevieray
11-06-2014, 05:38 PM

Every.

Single.

Time.
well yeah....every team hopes for that every year. there are no givens.

on the converse, following a team and putting time and energy into something "you" deem futile is bizarre, to say the least.

ViperVisor
11-06-2014, 05:46 PM

Only 844 yards YAC 21st. But is 16th in yards.

He waits a fraction too long to decide, his windup lets the defense see the pass coming a fraction earlier, the pass being throw with heat like you say the catch on the move isn't easy.

The combination makes it hard to maximize the match up advantages the 49ers obviously have with that WR+TE group and get more yards and first downs.

RedZone I think the coaches have no idea what to do. Gore is no threat to get to the pylon outside and score so he tends to get stuffed on goal to goal runs because the defense jams up the middle.
They have no great weapon to target and short drop-back, quick, accurate throws are not Kaepernick's specialty.

ModSocks
11-06-2014, 05:48 PM
I dont recall seeing anyone say we would lose to the jets

but if there were one or two, I dont think there were dozens....

I dunno, we were heavy favorites so I dont see how anyone couldve thought we would lose

COULD lose, OK....

WOULD lose....nah

Depends on who you ask and when you ask.

After week 1, guys like Milkman were saying that they couldn't imagine how the Chiefs would win more than 2 games....

If you woulda asked last week though, I doubt many picked the Chiefs to lose to NYJ.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 05:54 PM

But now that we won, its all just "yeah we beat some garbage teams"... I just wish I could come up with a message for Ortons penetrating eyes to hit YOU with, it'd be a doozy.

Wrong. I predicted two wins.

The Chiefs actually didn't meet my expectations, I thought we'd handle the Jets better.

Easy 6
11-06-2014, 05:58 PM
This is a very good post.

Yes, yes it was... Sandy Cheeks has done a great job of pushing his opinion without being a dick about it, all the while taking a LOT of shit for it without responding in kind with with anger and name calling.

Try as I surely do, he's still better about that than me... tell me I'm a ****ing moron and the beef comes out LMAO, Sandy has a proven track record of being very civil. The anger towards the "niner/smith fans" is only applicable if they come in here being assholes about it, the rest are welcome IMO.

Easy 6
11-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Wrong. I predicted two wins.

The Chiefs actually didn't meet my expectations, I thought we'd handle the Jets better.

"Yeah, we won... but only by two touchdowns? Meh"

LMAO

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 06:01 PM
"Yeah, we won... but only by two touchdowns? Meh"

LMAO

I was disappointed that the team didn't slam the door shut in the 2nd half. It was sloppy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Most playoff teams lose in the playoffs don't they? Not losing in the playoffs is a pretty high "unacceptable bar" to set.

Welp, this is the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Wait...

Feel free to have your as usual idiotic opinion, if being the opposite of you makes me a homer, then kick ****ing ass. I will wear it with pride.

The last thing I want is to be associated with a stupid inbred regurgitating everyone else shit dumb-ass which you are. I doubt you have had an original thought in your life and thats probably a good thing considering your ignorance.

I just took you off ignore today to see what you were up to. Same old stupid regurgitated shit.

1) Of course you do, you always have, Lil' Marcellus. No shame.

2) You're associated not with me, but with about 60,000 morons who "regurgitate the same shit". Go read some "startling individual thoughts on the Chiefs(!)" at FB or "Arrowhead Pride", or good ol' WIPE. Those are your peeps, homey. Call the mayor, clear downtown after a wild card win, and have a motherfucking Asshat Parade for all I care.

3) Put me back on! The less interaction between you and I, the less babies in third world countries starve!

Like I fucking care.:rolleyes:

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 06:09 PM
I get that... but the 9ers were shit in 2010. in 2011 they picked up a new coaching staff and came within an overtime loss to playing in the superbowl. I don't think the conversation to ask the question "Are we a superbowl team" is that horrible of a discussion. That's the goal, to go to the superbowl, and the "ride" is part of the fun for most people (not for you - I understand) but for most people the ride and the hope of the team having "it's year" is why many people are fans.

You guys keep calling these games meaningless games. If that's the case are you then advocating for a single elimination NFL season so every game is "win or go home"? It would be a very short season if that were the case. The point of the season is to work the team, correct shortcomings, etc. Improve or sustain your team in time for the playoffs. No game is meaningless, the regular season isn't meaningless.

The ride is definitely part of it... the first few times on it were pretty cool, but after 20 years of being on the same ride with the same ending, it's time for a different ride, or at least a different ending.

The games aren't meaningless, they're just a very poor indicator of where a team is at in terms of contending for a Super Bowl, since the league is so mediocre and watered down.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 06:12 PM
The ride is definitely part of it... the first few times on it were pretty cool, but after 20 years of being on the same ride with the same ending, it's time for a different ride, or at least a different ending.

The games aren't meaningless, they're just a very poor indicator of where a team is at in terms of contending for a Super Bowl, since the league is so mediocre and watered down.

It's like riding the Timberwolf, getting to the top, looking down, and seeing a flaming lake of Ebolaids waiting for you.

Sandy Vagina
11-06-2014, 06:14 PM
I was disappointed that the team didn't slam the door shut in the 2nd half. It was sloppy.

Like I posted before and you conveniently hid from... KC still dominated in the 3rd quarter, despite having only 1 possession. IIRC, an 8 minute scoring drive for 75 yards.

Now, the 4th quarter? yeah... they had 3 stalled drives. The first failed due to an underneath throw and lack of YAC...

Beyond that, this game was well in hand.. with only 6 minutes left and a 14 point lead.

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 06:15 PM
well yeah....every team hopes for that every year. there are no givens.

on the converse, following a team and putting time and energy into something "you" deem futile is bizarre, to say the least.

Well, I caught about 5 minutes of the Jets game, watched the Rams game and the other early games because some coworkers wanted to watch it while I was in LA, caught the last 10 minutes of the Chargers game, missed the 49ers game (was at the Royals game).... so, I wouldn't really call that putting time or energy into it.

The Patriots game was fun though... might catch the Seahawks and will catch the Broncos. It's definitely unfortunate the NFL has slid from 1st on my sports priorities to 4th or maybe even 5th after the Royals' run.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Well, I caught about 5 minutes of the Jets game, watched the Rams game and the other early games because some coworkers wanted to watch it while I was in LA, caught the last 10 minutes of the Chargers game, missed the 49ers game (was at the Royals game).... so, I wouldn't really call that putting time or energy into it.

The Patriots game was fun though... might catch the Seahawks and will catch the Broncos. It's definitely unfortunate the NFL has slid from 1st on my sports priorities to 4th or maybe even 5th after the Royals' run.

That's where I'm at:

Prime time or NO time.

Ming the Merciless
11-06-2014, 06:18 PM

eventually most teams lose but prior to that:

(someone correct me if this is wrong)

4 teams get eliminated week 1

that still leaves 8 teams playing in week 2

another 4 teams get eliminated

4 teams left week 3

2 teams get eliminated

Superbowl

So of the 12 teams in the playoffs only 4 get eliminated week 1 and 4 week 2.....

So getting ONE win in the playoffs is not super unreasonable

Sandy Vagina
11-06-2014, 06:19 PM

I get that you have "had enough"...

What I don't get is why you and others that feel the same way.. feel the need to constantly remind us of how you feel that way and "no longer care."

It's like being at a party with friends... you don't want to be there.. yet you stay and keep chirping about how you don't want to be there.

Well really... that's fine... message received.. so what's left?

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Like I posted before and you conveniently hid from... KC still dominated in the 3rd quarter, despite having only 1 possession. IIRC, an 8 minute scoring drive for 75 yards.

8 minute drives for field goals

weeeeeeeeeeeee

back and to the left

Ming the Merciless
11-06-2014, 06:20 PM
It's like being at a party with friends... you don't want to be there.. yet you stay and keep chirping about how you don't want to be there.

lets go home so you can finish sucking my cock and get me a beer and fix me a kaysadilla

Sandy Vagina
11-06-2014, 06:23 PM

weeeeeeeeeeeee

back and to the left

You really want to play that game? okay...

The result is a lot of long, sustained drives that chew up a bunch of clock. And 40% of the time their drives end in a score, which is eighth best in the NFL. (In case you were wondering, Denver scores on 37.4% of their drives.)

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2014/11/04/alex-smith-really-good-fun-stats/3/

not enough for you? How about...

KC is FOURTH BEST in TD % in the RZ.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

Sandy Vagina
11-06-2014, 06:24 PM
lets go home so you can finish sucking my cock and get me a beer and fix me a kaysadilla

HAR-D-HAR-HAR

Let us know when you wish to actually take part in this discussion like an adult. Your homosexual tendencies don't interest or appeal at all.

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 06:35 PM
I get that you have "had enough"...

What I don't get is why you and others that feel the same way.. feel the need to constantly remind us of how you feel that way and "no longer care."

Fair enough... this time it started as me being a smartass for the LOLs (my own, heh). Pretty much the same thing last week, when someone was catching shit for bringing up concerns after they beat the Jets (that dick!).

So, basically, I'm here for the LOLs and my own amusement, but sometimes get myself roped into the same discussions that we've had for the past 4000 years.

And let's not pretend you haven't been saying the same old shit since you've signed up... everyone posting in this thread has their own little agenda and points to prove, etc; and end up repeating themselves over and over to different people, or maybe the same people.

49er1973
11-06-2014, 06:36 PM

This was one of my favorites:

Quote Originally Posted by NinerMak View Post
if you dont read i will request the admins to delete your post.

First and foremost "Gore fumbles.. Smiths fault".. Miss block, Smiths fault. IM tired of hearing that STUPID little CRAP!

Secondly these commentators can go brush their hair some more, does anyone know this commentator lost to the 49ers in 2 superbowls therefore HATES the 49ers and has been talking ish about smith all night?

Thirdly Smith threw for over 300yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT, 1 Fumble.

That wouldnt be a fumble if our O-Line didnt break like bread crumbs every other play. (now a Kapxcuse)

Also, the interception to Ginn, are you kidding me Ginn?!? stand up and fight for the ball he lost were the ball was completely. And the commentators sit there when smith fumbles and say he should be benched? After a GREAT game he is having?

Smith was inconsistent i agree, but realize this we just got a new OC ( Roman is horrible now a Kapxcuse)and arent living under Singletary's influence ANYMORE, we are playing pass and smith in shotgun is tearing it up. They cant predict what smith is doing wen we arent doing run run pass.

and for ANY and i mean ANY fan that booed alex smith you are not a fan at all.

When we were down 27-24, smith threw a ball to morgan and everyone booed because it was a loss for the play, Then he throws to davis for 20 yards and everyones on the band wagon again. I mean this in the nicest way possible SCREW YOU FAKE FANS. SCREW YOU!

Smith was chewed out by Singletary and BOOED off the field, and then came back and made 2 drives for TD's BUT OUR DEFENSE OUR DEFENSE OUR DEFENSE OUR DEFENSE (Now a Kapxcuse) could not stop them.

DOES ANYONE realize if Nedney made his FG, and our Defense stopped them from making there field goal, we would have won 27-24???

But oh wait..... Its smiths fault right? BLOW ME.

Then the Alex hater reply:

Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse
Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse
Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse
Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse
Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse
Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse Alexcuse That's all I read.

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 06:43 PM
So, to take your party analogy, picture guys like cdcox, 'Hamas', Rain Man, and several other level headed, intelligent people at one table, then anyone who's ever posted in the realignment thread, the top posters in these Smith threads, etc; at another table.

I'm definitely showing up to the party for that first table, but every once in a while I overhear something from the other table and I can't help myself.

stevieray
11-06-2014, 07:04 PM

"you"..meaning in general...

you get the point, though.

temper11
11-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Welp, this is the dumbest thing I've read all day.

It was meant to be dumb. You keep saying that all the chiefs are going to do is lose in the playoffs. I was simply pointing out to you that losing in the playoff isn't unique to the Chiefs. 11 of 12 teams that are fortunate enough to make the playoffs will also lose in the playoffs.

Oh **** it... I get it dude... you're bent cause the Chiefs haven't won in forever. I hope that drought ends for you soon so you can enjoy some football again.

Good luck bro...

stevieray
11-06-2014, 07:09 PM
So, to take your party analogy, picture guys like cdcox, 'Hamas', Rain Man, and several other level headed, intelligent people at one table, then anyone who's ever posted in the realignment thread, the top posters in these Smith threads, etc; at another table.

I'm definitely showing up to the party for that first table, but every once in a while I overhear something from the other table and I can't help myself.

sounds like High School.

temper11
11-06-2014, 07:15 PM
eventually most teams lose but prior to that:

(someone correct me if this is wrong)

4 teams get eliminated week 1

that still leaves 8 teams playing in week 2

another 4 teams get eliminated

4 teams left week 3

2 teams get eliminated

Superbowl

So of the 12 teams in the playoffs only 4 get eliminated week 1 and 4 week 2.....

So getting ONE win in the playoffs is not super unreasonable

And you think that the Chiefs are not trying because they didn't pick their own QB. Ok. That's cool.

Like with Bearcat... you aren't going to be happy until "X" (for your case "X" stands for "draft their own QB"). For your sake, I hope that happens for you dude.

temper11
11-06-2014, 07:18 PM

weeeeeeeeeeeee

back and to the left

Really? Chiefs are one of the best teams in the Red Zone. This argument doesn't fly. Stick with the "I hate Smith because we didn't draft him".

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Really? Chiefs are one of the best teams in the Red Zone. This argument doesn't fly. Stick with the "I hate Smith because we didn't draft him".

They are indeed. We are speaking strictly of the Jets game.

Putrid second half performance.

We do that shit this week, we DIE.

Easy 6
11-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Well, I caught about 5 minutes of the Jets game...

Every word you even think of uttering after this is MEANINGLESS... you spent 5k on top seats in years past? You personally jacked off Trent Green after the Denver game?

Dont matter, it DOESNT... right NOW its clear that you arent even paying attention, how you're a mod I'll never know.

temper11
11-06-2014, 07:26 PM

If we do "that shit" when we are up by 2 TD's in the second half, We'll be fine. Grind the clock and put points on the board... it's how you win FB games in the WCO. Unless your D completely goes to sleep and lets the offense drive the length of the field multiple times in seconds instead of minutes, grinding the clock and keeping the opposing offense off the field is how you win.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 07:28 PM
If we do "that shit" when we are up by 2 TD's in the second half, We'll be fine. Grind the clock and put points on the board... it's how you win FB games in the WCO. Unless your D completely goes to sleep and lets the offense drive the length of the field multiple times in seconds instead of minutes, grinding the clock and keeping the opposing offense off the field is how you win.

No, negative. That 2nd half loses the game this week.

Can't play the worst team in the NFL every week.

Easy 6
11-06-2014, 07:33 PM
So, to take your party analogy, picture guys like cdcox, 'Hamas', Rain Man, and several other level headed, intelligent people

ROFL, great names and savvy veterans no doubt... but are we paying for names or production at this point.

If you're going to use the old heavyweights against everyone else, then you're placing yourself in the "not so incredible anymore" category... which is fine, no one else here is incredible either. Just dont pretend that the names on "your" side give you immunity from eating shit, EVERYONE here eats shit.

OldSchool
11-06-2014, 07:33 PM

Patriots, Miami, SD, worst teams in the league . . .

stevieray
11-06-2014, 07:35 PM

so what?

you don't expect them to succeed.

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 07:35 PM
sounds like High School.

Are you new here? ;)

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 07:36 PM
so what?

you don't expect them to succeed.

You're right. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Patriots, Miami, SD, worst teams in the league . . .

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKING JETS GAME

TAKE A HIGH SCHOOL DEBATE CLASS AND LEARN TO STAY ON TOPIC

stevieray
11-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Are you new here? ;)

:clap:

psssst: there is no such thing as the cool kids. they just think they are.

temper11
11-06-2014, 07:38 PM

3rd Quarter was fine. Long sustained drive that resulted in points, kept the O off the field and gave your D a nice blow.

4th Quarter sucked. No doubt. So that's good that you have that to focus on and lament about this week.

stevieray
11-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Liar.

temper11
11-06-2014, 07:40 PM
ROFL, great names and savvy veterans no doubt... but are we paying for names or production at this point.

If you're going to use the old heavyweights against everyone else, then you're placing yourself in the "not so incredible anymore" category... which is fine, no one else here is incredible either. Just dont pretend that the names on "your" side give you immunity from eating shit, EVERYONE here eats shit.

I don't know... I think I'm pretty great. :drool:

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Every word you even think of uttering after this is MEANINGLESS... you spent 5k on top seats in years past? You personally jacked off Trent Green after the Denver game?

Dont matter, it DOESNT... right NOW its clear that you arent even paying attention, how you're a mod I'll never know.

So, I'll ask you again, you seriously learned something from the Jets game?

You don't have to watch a game against a 1-8 team to say it's meaningless to take anything away from it. I've seen plenty of those games.

Hammock Parties
Liar.

Why don't you dig up some of my posts during the playoff game. :rolleyes:

O.city
Lament about? Yeah, it was the last game it's what we've got to talk about.

Do some of you get your feelings hurt if someone is hard on this or that involving the chiefs?

stevieray
11-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Why don't you dig up some of my posts during the playoff game. :rolleyes:

don't give a damn about last January

"I'd be insane to expect..."

stevieray
11-06-2014, 07:45 PM

ya, that fourth qtr where we never lost the lead...

the horror of it all.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 07:46 PM
don't give a damn about last January

"I'd be insane to expect..."

Sorry I don't have blind faith in the franchise.

Mav
11-06-2014, 07:46 PM
WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKING JETS GAME

TAKE A HIGH SCHOOL DEBATE CLASS AND LEARN TO STAY ON TOPIC
You mean the game you had in your Sig for months?

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 07:47 PM

Didn't say otherwise... I was just using the party analogy that was brought up before. Everyone has their reasons for being here, whether it's certain people, certain topics, etc.

temper11

Do some of you get your feelings hurt if someone is hard on this or that involving the chiefs?

Not at all... we don't get our feelings hurt, we counter with what was positive. It's a glass half full / half empty thing.

stevieray
Sorry I don't have blind faith in the franchise.

move that goal post.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 07:48 PM
move that goal post, liar.

Sorry if I stepped on your red suede shoes.

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Guess its crazy to have your own drafted quarterback in the playoffs. Here is the playoff records the last 4 years with drafted vs. picked up via other methods.
2013 - 8-3 (Brees, Manning, Manning)
2012 - 10-1 (Schuab)
2011 - 10-1 (Brees)
2010 - 9-2 (Hasselbeck, Cutler)

stevieray
11-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Sorry if I stepped on your red suede shoes.

deflection doesn't change facts.

O.city
11-06-2014, 07:50 PM
That's seems like a pretty useless non correlated stad

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 07:52 PM
deflection doesn't change facts.

The interpretation of those facts is significant.

Not like we haven't been 5-3 before.

And it's not like we haven't been exposed in Buffalo before, either.

stevieray
11-06-2014, 07:54 PM

have faith in that loss!

threebag
11-06-2014, 07:57 PM

Mods can we change this user name to VILLAGE IDIOT?

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 08:01 PM
have faith in that loss!

If there is one thing I have absolute faith in, it is this franchise's ability to let us down.

temper11
11-06-2014, 08:08 PM
If there is one thing I have absolute faith in, it is this franchise's ability to let us down.

no shit? Would never have guessed that based on your posts. (Blue text)

OldSchool
11-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Mods can we change this user name to VILLAGE IDIOT?

No need to do that.

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2014, 08:19 PM

I don't get this 'letting us down".

I've never felt let down.

They never promised anything.

stevieray
11-06-2014, 08:38 PM

he can't be let down...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 08:40 PM
he can't be let down..the Chiefs have never been up in all our football-watching lifetimes.

Unless you're of the "swingin' sixties"-crowd of course.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 08:43 PM
he can't be let down...

in some ways it's worse

when you have no hope at all you wonder how you ever had any...

:crybaby:

stevieray
11-06-2014, 08:44 PM
when you have no hope at all

you poor martyr

Marcellus
11-06-2014, 08:46 PM
in some ways it's worse

You sound just like the giant pussy you are.

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 08:46 PM

psssst: there is no such thing as the cool kids. they just think they are.

Sure there is... it's just the definition of cool changes drastically after high school.

Well, it should, anyway.

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 08:47 PM
in some ways it's worse

LMAO

stevieray
11-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Sure there is... it's just the definition of cool changes drastically after high school.

Well, it should, anyway.
hence, they just think they are....

Marcellus
11-06-2014, 08:49 PM

Well, it should, anyway.

If you are still concerned about who is cool, you never left high school.

Bearcat
11-06-2014, 08:50 PM
If you are still concerned about who is cool, you never left high school.

Yes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2014, 09:04 PM
in some ways it's worse

Cheer up boo, I'm sending you a package:

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/10388201_1561016097446336_3845730728445938885_n_zps247c3133.jpg

LMAO

BossChief
11-06-2014, 09:18 PM
It's crazy. It's like some of you think this is a Cassel lead team or something.

Alex Smith is a winner.

This team will be very difficult to stop on the way to the playoffs and once we get in, I don't see how we won't have a really good shot at beating anyone.

We have a great running game featuring the best running back duo in the nfl.
We have an elite pass rush with lots of guys that can hurt you if you don't have a really good ol.
We have speed in the secondary
We have a rising star at tight end that is quickly getting into "top five at his position" type of good.
We have a QB that doesn't turn the ball over and extends drives constantly by spreading the ball around to everyone and picking up first downs with his legs when the situation allows it.
When Avery is out there, we have a good mix of possession and speed on the outside.
We have a DL that constantly collapses the pocket.
We have a very young team that knows what it feels like to waste an opportunity and a coaching staff that seems to get the most out of its players.

I genuinely think this team will have a shot at going deep in the playoffs this year and will have a great shot at going to a Super Bowl in the next few years if we keep adding talent at this pace and building this roster.

Ragged Robin
11-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Alex Smith is a pretty cool dude. I'm sure Clay would be bffs with him IRL.

OldSchool
11-06-2014, 09:21 PM
It's crazy. It's like some of you think this is a Cassel lead team or something.

Alex Smith is a winner.

This team will be very difficult to stop on the way to the playoffs and once we get in, I don't see how we won't have a really good shot at beating anyone.

We have an elite pass rush with lots of guys that can hurt you if you don't have a really good ol.
We have a rising star at tight end that is quickly getting into "top five at his position" type of good.
We have a QB that doesn't turn the ball over and extends drives constantly by spreading the ball around to everyone and picking up first downs with his legs when the situation allows it.
When Avery is out there, we have a good mix of possession and speed on the outside.
We have a very young team that knows what it feels like to waste an opportunity and a coaching staff that seems to get the most out of its players.

I genuinely think this team will have a shot at going deep in the playoffs this year and will have a great shot at going to a Super Bowl in the next few years if we keep adding talent at this pace and building this roster.

Shhh, keep your smart posts out of here. Let the vaginas continue their bleeding.

Baby Lee
11-06-2014, 11:05 PM

What is ACTUALLY hard to understand, at least for me, is how people can view last year as a 'continuation of' anything really. The 2013 Chiefs, most glaringly on defense, was one of the most anomalous I've seen in all my years. The D didn't just peak, then drop off. It dominated, then with the flick of a switch [and key injuries], lept off the Empire State Building.

And it wasn't just better competition, certainly not just better QBs. Coverage loosened, pass rush started taking FOREVER, runners gashed. Points were given up without so much as a fight, or any time off the clock.

I'm still apprehensive that things will fall apart again, but I don't think it's fair to call this new regime just more of the same BS of, certainly the PAST 40 YEARS.

Right, . . . nothing's changed, it's just a tired old soap opera script.

Last year was a schizophrenic year, and it hit it's nadir right in the playoffs. But this year has seen them take some hard hits and come back stronger. It's fair to be shellshocked. It's fair to be apprehensive. It's certainly fair in Missouri to say 'show me.' I don't think it's fair to say you've seen this show before.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 11:14 PM
I don't think it's fair to say you've seen this show before.

When the passing attack is sizzling at 1973 levels, yes it is.

I've seen too many decent Chiefs teams go the way of the Dodo for that singular reason.

Mav
11-06-2014, 11:39 PM
When the passing attack is sizzling at 1973 levels, yes it is.

I've seen too many decent Chiefs teams go the way of the Dodo for that singular reason.

How does it feel be pulling for every single opponent to beat the Chiefs just so you can be right for once?

I cant wait till the Chiefs beat the Bills, so you can move your goal posts, even though you said you would "believe" if they won. I cant wait to see you scuttle butt your ass out of that one.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 11:46 PM
How does it feel be pulling for every single opponent to beat the Chiefs just so you can be right for once?

I cant wait till the Chiefs beat the Bills, so you can move your goal posts, even though you said you would "believe" if they won. I cant wait to see you scuttle butt your ass out of that one.

And I can't wait for you to come up with excuses why the Chiefs are still a playoff threat after the Bills take a Buffalo-sized dump on us.

This is nothing more than a mediocre team that is held back by Alice.

Mav
11-06-2014, 11:47 PM
And I can't wait for you to come up with excuses why the Chiefs are still a playoff threat after the Bills take a Buffalo-sized dump on us.
Yah, because that has been my m.o. The next time I do that, will be the first.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-06-2014, 11:53 PM

This is nothing more than a mediocre team that is held back by Alice.

BJ Cissel stated the Chiefs have the ability to beat ANY team in the NFL.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2014, 11:55 PM
BJ Cissel stated the Chiefs have the ability to beat ANY team in the NFL.

Someone who works for the Chiefs isn't gonna give an unbiased opinion on this team.

Direckshun
11-07-2014, 02:25 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/11/06/bills-entertain-chiefs-in-key-afc-clash/:

Smith's teams are 21-1-1 when he starts and records a 100-or-above passer rating, something he's done four times in his past six games.

threebag
11-07-2014, 05:07 AM
A broke clock is right more than Claynus

Direckshun
11-07-2014, 06:53 AM

Alex Smith is a winner.

Fun post.

We need to take care of business against the Bills first.

After that, if we can handle the Seahawks at home, I will agree this team can beat anybody.

We'll beat the Raiders on Thursday night and have a long week and a half to prep for the Broncos, sitting at 8-3. Assuming they don't suffer any major injuries and shore up their run defense enough to beat the Seahawks, I struggle to see how the Broncos win in Arrowhead.

At that point, we'd be 9-3, nearly guaranteed a playoff spot, and are surely going to torment some home team in the first round of the playoffs.

BigMeatballDave
11-07-2014, 07:13 AM
I'm so glad Clay and ROR are here to jump on the grenade for us.

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 07:16 AM
Some people (and of course Claynus) are acting as if each week's matchup is a clear and precise reflection of this Chiefs team. I guess it's done for either the drama of it, or just sheer ignorance of the overall picture.

Thing is... we see good teams get trounced on occasion.. because they fail to bring their A or B game that particular week. Any given Sunday.

I don't say this to make excuses for a potential loss.. I expect KC to win this one.. and generally expect them to win every week. If they don't though? It's not the end of the world.. and not at all a clear and precise reflection of the team they are.

Sometimes, shit just doesn't go your way. The trick is to have more good weeks than bad... and that can give you a shot to get hot in the postseason.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2014, 07:28 AM
Some people (and of course Claynus) are acting as if each week's matchup is a clear and precise reflection of this Chiefs team. I guess it's done for either the drama of it, or just sheer ignorance of the overall picture.

Yeah, let's kick back and observe the forthcoming....."overall picture".

By the by, the traditional Alexcuses have become stale, so you might want to use this time of regular season triumphs to compose a new set in preparation for the inevitable.

Chiefnj2
11-07-2014, 07:29 AM

You didn't feel let down when your team gave up a 20+ point 2nd half lead last year?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2014, 07:32 AM
You didn't feel let down when your team gave up a 20+ point 2nd half lead last year?

My feeling was;

"Everything bounced their way in the first half, Luck and co. adjusted, and the rest is 'Chiefs-as-usual'-history".

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Yeah, let's kick back and observe the forthcoming....."overall picture".

By the by, the traditional Alexcuses have become stale, so you might want to use this time of regular season triumphs to compose a new set in preparation for the inevitable.

I think everyone can agree that what has become stale.. is your useless posts that consist of nothing more than the same childish pouting and negativity.

It's amazing to me that the mods decided to let you back in. You truly bring nothing worthwhile to this forum. It is your giant, bleeding pussy that has gone well beyond stale... and you know it.

Reerun_KC
11-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Someone who works for the Chiefs isn't gonna give an unbiased opinion on this team.

ROFL You hypocritical piece of trash.....

but yet martyr GoFraud gives unbiased opinions?

Fucking Jets fans just need to leave....

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2014, 07:47 AM
I think everyone can agree that what has become stale.. is your useless posts that consist of nothing more than the same childish pouting and negativity.

It's amazing to me that the mods decided to let you back in. You truly bring nothing worthwhile to this forum. It is your giant, bleeding pussy that has gone well beyond stale... and you know it.

LMAO

Yeah, we nee some more San Francisco transplants like you, nut-swinger. That's quality intrawebz, right there I tell U whawt.

Reerun_KC
11-07-2014, 07:49 AM

If it was the players fault then yes, but since Big Candy went full fucking stupid, I don't...

Reerun_KC
11-07-2014, 07:50 AM
LMAO

Yeah, we nee some more San Francisco transplants like you, nut-swinger. That's quality intrawebz, right there I tell U whawt.

At least he can hold an intelligent football discussion with out pushing some bullshit bleeding vagina love fest agenda....

Cant say the same about you. Your value to this board is next to nill...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2014, 07:53 AM
At least he can hold an intelligent football discussion with out pushing some bullshit bleeding vagina love fest agenda....

Sounds like I'm in the right place with the right QB alright!

Reerun_KC
11-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Sounds like I'm in the right place with the right QB alright!

Again, no value as a poster... Thanks for proving my point....

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2014, 07:56 AM

Says the hypocrite.

Which is it schizo?

Are you bashing the Chiefs this week or swinging from their nuts?

Need some Seroquel?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2014, 07:58 AM

My "value" is pretty much right up there with yours in regards to Chiefs football talk.

I mean, you have read the shit you post, yes?

Reerun_KC
11-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Says the hypocrite.

Which is it schizo?

Are you bashing the Chiefs this week or swinging from their nuts?

Need some Seroquel?

There is a huge difference discussing football whether its bashing or swinging vs your same pathetic antics in each fucking thread...

I know it hurts that you didn't get to prove to the world and the Chiefs, that Geno and the Jets were the real deal last weekend. We all know your disappointment, but you can take your delusional ass back to the Jets message boards... You are starting to stink.

warrior
11-07-2014, 08:08 AM
My "value" is pretty much right up there with yours in regards to Chiefs football talk.

I mean, you have read the shit you post, yes?

Can't wait for CP to ban your pathetic azz again sweet dick eater willie

Marcellus
11-07-2014, 08:37 AM
There is a huge difference discussing football whether its bashing or swinging vs your same pathetic antics in each ****ing thread...

I know it hurts that you didn't get to prove to the world and the Chiefs, that Geno and the Jets were the real deal last weekend. We all know your disappointment, but you can take your delusional ass back to the Jets message boards... You are starting to stink.

Life is much better with that douche on ignore. He is a waste of time.

BigMeatballDave
11-07-2014, 08:52 AM

It sucked, for sure.

Clark didn't send me an email promising a win.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2014, 08:55 AM
There is a huge difference discussing football whether its bashing or swinging vs your same pathetic antics in each fucking thread...

You're delusional.

And you're a hypocrite. You post the same shit over and over and over and over again.

You're no different than I, just a different take.

Bearcat
11-07-2014, 08:56 AM

Looking forward to your unique and valuable takes on Bill Self and the Jayhawks' 3 point defense during basketball season... :shrug:

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Looking forward to your unique and valuable takes on Bill Self and the Jayhawks' 3 point defense during basketball season... :shrug:

:LOL:

Reerun_KC
11-07-2014, 09:01 AM

Theres always that 1 or 3 games were we all stare at each other and go WTF Billy...

LOL

Reerun_KC
11-07-2014, 09:02 AM
:LOL:

Bearcat just got him a little lapdog.... Did you pee on the floor when he petted you?

O.city
11-07-2014, 10:18 AM
It's going to be tough for teams to stop the Chiefs short passing game because it's so variable. They get open looks so many ways for different concepts, whole playing to Smiths absolute strengths.

As teams continue to adjust and try and stop it, big plays are going to be there down the field.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2014, 10:24 AM
It's going to be tough for teams to stop the Chiefs short passing game because it's so variable. They get open looks so many ways for different concepts, whole playing to Smiths absolute strengths.

As teams continue to adjust and try and stop it, big plays are going to be there down the field.

This sounds like pie-in-the-sky optimism.

Saying "it's tough to stop our short passing game" is just another way of saying "teams stop our passing game."

Because we don't get a lot of passing yards. Be honest.

O.city
11-07-2014, 10:27 AM

Saying "it's tough to stop our short passing game" is just another way of saying "teams stop our passing game."

We are leading in alot of games. Passing yards pile up when teams are trailing.

O.city
11-07-2014, 10:30 AM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2257791-matt-bowens-week-10-nfl-film-study

Here's a pretty cool article about one of the ways they're getting openings.

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 10:30 AM

We don't need lots of pass yards. We are a methodical, drive it up yo ass for 8 minutes offense.. and the 11th most efficient pass offense at that.

Just because you prefer the quick scoring, bombs-away approach.. doesn't mean jack shit.. KC is doing what it needs to do while lacking a good pass pro OL and quality deep threats at WR.

O.city
11-07-2014, 10:31 AM
We don't need lots of pass yards. We are a methodical, drive it up yo ass for 8 minutes offense.. and the 11th most efficient pass offense at that.

Just because you prefer the quick scoring, bombs-away approach.. doesn't mean jack shit.. KC is doing what it needs to do while lacking a good pass pro OL and quality deep threats at WR.

And a qb whos strength isn't throwing it downfield.

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 10:32 AM
And a qb whos strength isn't throwing it downfield.

if that's important for you to include that... well okay... let's just go with that also...

O.city
11-07-2014, 10:33 AM
if that's important for you to include that... well okay... let's just go with that also...

Just as important as it is for you to not include it.

Rausch
11-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Smith seems to have a floor he'll never fall below.

At this point I'm convinced Me, SNR, Phobia, Zach, and DJ Qualls could be his offensive line and he wouldn't turn the ball over more than 15 times.

Imagine for a moment that KC has the playmakers Butt-fumble is about to play with in Philly...

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Just as important as it is for you to not include it.

I didn't include it, because it isn't the clear cut reality.

In 2013 for KC.... Alex was the 9th best deep ball QB in regards to accuracy. Not bad, eh?

He has a decent deep ball.. He just doesn't throw many of em.

So, compared to his short/intermediate skill... I'd say yes.. the deep pass is not his strength... if only due to just how good his short/intermediate passing is.

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 10:42 AM

In 2013 for KC.... Alex was the 9th best deep ball QB in regards to accuracy. Not bad, eh?

So, compared to his short/intermediate skill... I'd say yes.. the deep pass is not his strength... if only due to just how good his short/intermediate passing is.

... and to add to the bolded... he was 9th best while also having the highest drop % in these deep attempts, lol. Now factor in what that does to his %.

O.city
11-07-2014, 10:44 AM

By throwing fewer, yes, his stats are going to be better if he completes them.

It's just not a strength of his.

At some point, they're going to likely encounter a point where he has to get out of his comfort zone.

You and a few others want to say he doesn't throw it downfield for whatever reason or flavor of the day is, but at some point, he needs to threaten defenses that way. Lotta good can come from it. I'm sure Andy Reid, like last year, would agree that he'd like him to be more aggressive at times.

Rausch
11-07-2014, 10:46 AM
... and to add to the bolded... he was 9th best while also having the highest drop % in these deep attempts, lol. Now factor in what that does to his %.

It's not hard to figure out.

Alex prefers to throw between the hashes and short.

He can, and has the arm, to throw long but prefers high percentage throws.

You give him a TE than can actually catch over the middle and he's golden. Pig in $3it.

O.city
11-07-2014, 10:48 AM
How many "deep" balls did he throw last year? Seems drop percentage is a bit skewed because of that, but I'm not a statistician

Hammock Parties
11-07-2014, 10:48 AM
We don't need lots of pass yards.

Heard that shit before.

It's not true for any QB on any team.

Jimmya
11-07-2014, 10:50 AM
We'll need those yards plus more if we meet Mr. Luck in the playoffs again.

O.city
11-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Heard that shit before.

4 qbs threw for 400 yards twe weekends ago. 3 lost. Teams will pass more when trailing and throw for more yards.

It's when we get behind that I'm worried about.

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Heard that shit before.

2013 SB quarterback Russell Wilson says

"HELLO, U DUMB MUTHA! I AVERAGED 209 pass yds a game!"

ROFL

Rausch
11-07-2014, 10:54 AM
We'll need those yards plus more if we meet Mr. Luck in the playoffs again.

No, we'll need a secondary.

The rush got to him and bed was $#it. He pissed it away.

WE GAVE it back...

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 10:59 AM
It's not hard to figure out.

Alex prefers to throw between the hashes and short.

He can, and has the arm, to throw long but prefers high percentage throws.

You give him a TE than can actually catch over the middle and he's golden. Pig in $3it.

absolutely agree with all of this.

Still wondering why the Smith to Kelce on deep seam routes has yet to arrive... worked so well with Smith to VD. I know VD is crazy fast, but Kelce can get open on a 15 yd seam with an open field ahead.

Ming the Merciless
11-07-2014, 11:00 AM
in what universe?

Rausch
11-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Still wondering why the Smith to Kelce on deep seam routes has yet to arrive...

So is every KC fan...

Ming the Merciless
11-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Still wondering why the Smith to Kelce on deep seam routes has yet to arrive...

I'm not

:evil:

ThaVirus
11-07-2014, 11:02 AM

ROFL

He had an all-time great defense to lean back on.

Not that I agree with Clay, but you do need a guy that's capable of going off at a moment's notice.

Marcellus
11-07-2014, 11:03 AM

ROFL

Doesn't fit the narrative though.

O.city
11-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Wilson made big plays when it mattered for them. Not that Smith can't or wont, but this year late in games he's not exactly been the most reliable.

Rausch
11-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Wilson made big plays when it mattered for them. Not that Smith can't or wont, but this year late in games he's not exactly been the most reliable.

Smith's winning % with game winning drives is not good.

You also have to consider who he's throwing to, who's blocking for him, and the retarded game management and play calling...

Marcellus
11-07-2014, 11:09 AM

Reid has been as much to blame or more so for the losses to Denver and SF than Smith.

We all know Smith has his limitations, the question is are they enough to derail the team in the playoffs and the usual suspects have the usual difference of opinion on this.

I think the negativity just gets old. You simply are not allowed to like Alex Smith as far as some posters are concerned and they have to shove it down your throat all the time even while we are winning.

temper11
11-07-2014, 11:11 AM

Thing is... we see good teams get trounced on occasion.. because they fail to bring their A or B game that particular week. Any given Sunday.

I don't say this to make excuses for a potential loss.. I expect KC to win this one.. and generally expect them to win every week. If they don't though? It's not the end of the world.. and not at all a clear and precise reflection of the team they are.

Sometimes, shit just doesn't go your way. The trick is to have more good weeks than bad... and that can give you a shot to get hot in the postseason.

This... good post. Buffalo is a pretty good team... Chiefs are a pretty good team. Should be a good game. Hope we come out on top of it. Look forward to watching the game. Entertainment - the purpose of the NFL.

O.city
11-07-2014, 11:19 AM
This... good post. Buffalo is a pretty good team... Chiefs are a pretty good team. Should be a good game. Hope we come out on top of it. Look forward to watching the game. Entertainment - the purpose of the NFL.

This is where some of you "new chiefs fans" are missing the point or boat or whatever you want to miss.

Some of us have been rabid fans for so long, it's more than just entertainment. I'd imagine this is the way most chief fans feel. It's not just a game. It's a lifestyle we live.

Now, that's our cross to bear when shit goes bad, but don't come here saying "it's just a game, enjoy the entertainment" and expect to not get some backlash from some and or get all holier than thou when it happens.

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 11:26 AM
This is where some of you "new chiefs fans" are missing the point or boat or whatever you want to miss.

Some of us have been rabid fans for so long, it's more than just entertainment. I'd imagine this is the way most chief fans feel. It's not just a game. It's a lifestyle we live.

Now, that's our cross to bear when shit goes bad, but don't come here saying "it's just a game, enjoy the entertainment" and expect to not get some backlash from some and or get all holier than thou when it happens.

Unless you (whomever this applies to) have personally never been through anything significant in life? No... sorry... it IS just a ****ing game. Even to many players... it IS just a game... just a paycheck for services rendered.

Don't give me this shit about new-fans or anything else... that's a giant pant-load.

Football... as much as I am passionate about it... is just a ****ing game.

O.city
11-07-2014, 11:28 AM
You're a tshirt fan of two teams. Of course it's entertainment to you.

Reerun_KC
11-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Been a Chiefs fan since 1988... Its just entertainment to me...

The Chiefs don't make me money, they don't provide for my family or take care of issues/expenses... They do absolutely fucking nothing for me year in and out...

They are nothing more than entertainment, that is all they will ever be to me and my family, unless they want to step up and maybe pay for my daughters wedding, then we can talk.

Mav
11-07-2014, 11:32 AM

Completely agree. When the Chiefs, or the Browns lose, it fucks up my day. it really does. Im too competitive to say its just entertainment. A movie is entertainment. Football, you breathe into it.

I know not everyone is the same, but I completely respect and embrace those that feel that way.

Rausch
11-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Football... as much as I am passionate about it... is just a ****ing game.

No, it's not.

It's more than that.

I first bonded with my father watching the game. It was the one time we all sat down as a family and did something together.

The only thing that would make me happier than a Chiefs SB win would be a cure for his cancer.

Good news: a cure for cancer might only be a few years away...

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 11:33 AM

I'm all in with KC nowadays...

If you are seriously going to sit there and tell us that if KC crashes and burns this season, your life will crumble and never be the same?

Fella, that's some sad-sack shit.

Are you saying that?

no... right?

why? BECAUSE IT'S JUST A GAME!

spin into fanhood circles all you want.... but it always comes back to just being a game that can enhance or oppress our happiness for a short while.

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Completely agree. When the Chiefs lose, it ****s up my day. it really does. Im too competitive to say its just entertainment. A movie is entertainment. Football, you breathe into it.

I know not everyone is the same, but I completely respect and embrace those that feel that way.

It does for me as well... but it's still just a game.. and the sad dissipates.

We're all saying the same thing, basically.

Mav
11-07-2014, 11:35 AM

That's bullshit too. I respect you a lot, but I personally take umbrage with that remark. Im a die hard fan of two teams, and im fucking proud of that. me personally, I have way too much time on my hands, and im ADD as fuck, so I have to have something to keep my mind occupied.

O.city
11-07-2014, 11:36 AM
It's unique to Kansas City imo. Look at the royals this year. It's like all the years if misery of our teams have made it more than entertainment. We can't distance ourselves from it for some reason.

Like I said, some can though, and that's fine.

Chiefs fans get the "all about BBQ and 9-7" talk and for likely good reason. But for alot of them, it's more than entertainment.

We're probably idiots for it being that way, but it is what it is.

O.city
11-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm all in with KC nowadays...

If you are seriously going to sit there and tell us that if KC crashes and burns this season, your life will crumble and never be the same?

Fella, that's some sad-sack shit.

Are you saying that?

no... right?

why? BECAUSE IT'S JUST A GAME!

spin into fanhood circles all you want.... but it always comes back to just being a game that can enhance or oppress our happiness for a short while.

Because I say it's more than entertainment doesn't mean it's a destination blow when shit goes bad.

The up and coming rfer who was supposed to be a cornerstone for a team I hold dear was killed at 22. That shit still drags me down and it's been weeks ago, and was a guy I didn't know personally and had met once.

It's more than entertainment for some of us. Sorry you don't feel that way.

Rausch
11-07-2014, 11:40 AM

We are.

And honestly: I hope we finally win one so I can feel it and walk away.

Once we do, and I've experienced it, I can just let it go...

Mav
11-07-2014, 11:41 AM
It's unique to Kansas City imo. Look at the royals this year. It's like all the years if misery of our teams have made it more than entertainment. We can't distance ourselves from it for some reason.

Like I said, some can though, and that's fine.

Chiefs fans get the "all about BBQ and 9-7" talk and for likely good reason. But for alot of them, it's more than entertainment.

Living in the GB area, I completely understand that. The packers aren't just a team, they are life. So I get where you are coming from.

O.city
11-07-2014, 11:41 AM
We are.

I'm probably an idiot for being the way I am with my fandom, but it is what it is.

bishop_74
11-07-2014, 11:42 AM
You may need to seek professional help if you take the game that seriously... seriously.

Mav
We are.

Yeah good luck with that.

I waited 30 years for the Giants to win a World series. 31 to be exact, and I kinda thought "HEY THATS GREAT, WHEEWWW." It pulls you in even more. If you are in that deep bro, you are stuck like chuck.

Bearcat

Exactly, it's why all the speculation and 'omg they've won 3 in a row, let's talk about winning in the playoffs!' is just bullshit... any given year, there are a few completely awful teams, a handful of legit contenders, and ~26 other teams that could be 6-10 or 10-6 based on nothing more than a good/bad matchup or a few big plays one way or the other.

It's why that handful of legit contenders win 85-90% of their games, but even they have off weeks.

Beating the Bills or losing to them doesn't mean a whole helluva lot in itself. The 9-0 start last year and the start this year means they could be the best of that large group of teams, but they can beat 100 of those teams and it doesn't move them into the top group. It doesn't further the playoff discussion at all outside of them making it there. You actually move into that group when you're consistently beating those bottom ~28 AND beating some of the top contenders.

The losses last year were actually more promising than the 9-0 start, because they were competing with those teams. Hopefully they can take the next step this year or next.

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Living in the GB area, I completely understand that. The packers aren't just a team, they are life. So I get where you are coming from.

I have for decades been geographically detached from the teams I hold/held dear...

still... the pain and disappointment is very real to us all... but IT DOES FADE.

.. because eventually and intermittently, life shows us what really counts.

O.city
11-07-2014, 11:44 AM
That's bullshit too. I respect you a lot, but I personally take umbrage with that remark. Im a die hard fan of two teams, and im ****ing proud of that. me personally, I have way too much time on my hands, and im ADD as ****, so I have to have something to keep my mind occupied.

That's fine.

I don't feel one can be a "fan" of two teams. But again, to each his own.

It just comes across as smug I'm better for it bullshit, 2 hen someone like that comes here and preaches at us.

This isn't a normal message board to some of us. It's more. Alot of guys here know each other personally. Shit, I've been taken to games by guys here just for the ticket not going to waste.

Rausch
11-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Yeah good luck with that.

I waited 30 years for the Giants to win a World series. 31 to be exact, and I kinda thought "HEY THATS GREAT, WHEEWWW." It pulls you in even more.

There's really no "more" than never working a sunday.

Ever.

In 32 years.

Using vacation for the games, draft, SB.

Asking off for playoff weekend 8 months in advance.

Just in case...

O.city
11-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Exactly, it's why all the speculation and 'omg they've won 3 in a row, let's talk about winning in the playoffs!' is just bullshit... any given year, there are a few completely awful teams, a handful of legit contenders, and ~26 other teams that could be 6-10 or 10-6 based on nothing more than a good/bad matchup or a few big plays one way or the other.

It's why that handful of legit contenders win 85-90% of their games, but even they have off weeks.

Beating the Bills or losing to them doesn't mean a whole helluva lot in itself. The 9-0 start last year and the start this year means they could be the best of that large group of teams, but they can beat 100 of those teams and it doesn't move them into the top group. It doesn't further the playoff discussion at all outside of them making it there. You actually move into that group when you're consistently beating those bottom ~28 AND beating some of the top contenders.

The losses last year were actually more promising than the 9-0 start, because they were competing with those teams. Hopefully they can take the next step this year or next.

They have been beating those teams this year, save for week one.

Rausch
11-07-2014, 11:47 AM
They have been beating those teams this year, save for week one.

If you don't finish no one kurrs...

Mav
11-07-2014, 11:50 AM
That's fine.

I don't feel one can be a "fan" of two teams. But again, to each his own.

It just comes across as smug I'm better for it bullshit, 2 hen someone like that comes here and preaches at us.

This isn't a normal message board to some of us. It's more. Alot of guys here know each other personally. Shit, I've been taken to games by guys here just for the ticket not going to waste.

Bingo. There it is. When my daughter was born, I CAME HERE to post. This place has become like home. I completely get that.

Mav
11-07-2014, 11:50 AM
There's really no "more" than never working a sunday.

Ever.

In 32 years.

Using vacation for the games, draft, SB.

Asking off for playoff weekend 8 months in advance.

Just in case...

Its a way of life. I myself, love it.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2014, 11:51 AM
I laughed listening to ESPN last night talking about Cleveland.

paraphase 'It's the new wave in the NFL nowadays. Play defense,run the ball,don't take chances turning the ball over in the passing game."

Then they talked about San Frisco and their problems. How Kaepernick was struggling because they aren't using the running game anymore and Kaep can't be THE MAN. That he needs the play-action-pass and read option to be successful.

LMAO

The new wave of the NFL:

Cleveland and Hoyer
Kansas City and Smith

ModSocks
11-07-2014, 11:53 AM

paraphase 'It's the new wave in the NFL nowadays. Play defense,run the ball,don't take chances turning the ball over in the passing game."

LMAO

Cleveland and Hoyer
Kansas City and Smith

That's funny, i didn't watch the game last night, but after hearing Hoyer's stat line this morning, i thought exactly the same thing.

They could be right. The NFL changes all the time.

Afterall, that's how Seattle won the SB.

temper11
11-07-2014, 11:53 AM

That's fair. My point in that post was not to be "holier than thou"... and I get the whole "cross" that Chiefs fans are bearing. I certainly don't ever try to portray myself as someone who's been on that long road with you all.

I just happen to agree with Sandy that if the Chiefs lose this game against the Bills, I don't think it's some kind of omen indicating that this team is doomed to the same fate of all the Chiefs teams for the past 1000 years. This isn't me setting up pre excuses for Smith, it's just me recognizing that it's tough to win games in the NFL and this should be a pretty tough game against a pretty good team in their home stadium. I'm looking forward to watching it and hope the Chiefs are able to pull it out.

Mav
11-07-2014, 11:56 AM

Then they talked about San Frisco and their problems. How Kaepernick was struggling because they aren't using the running game anymore and Kaep can't be THE MAN. That he needs the play-action-pass and read option to be successful.

LMAO

The new wave of the NFL:

Cleveland and Hoyer
Kansas City and Smith

There were 30 mile an hour winds. The Browns were without Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron, and Andrew Hawkins.

The Bengals have a ferocious d line. Andy Dalton completed 30 percent of his passes, and was picked off 3 times. There was no need to throw the ball all crazy last night. Andy Dalton completed more passes 3, to browns dbs, than to aj green, 2.