PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith is a damn good QB

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

FlintHillsChiefs
11-17-2014, 02:45 AM
Someone mentioned that the Niner trolls won't go away. I'll tell you why. Despite their professed love of Kaepernick, the results don't bear out towards his supposed superiority. The running game has regressed dramatically since Smith got axed. The passing game is the same at best, but most likely worse. Kaepernick has ALL the physical tools to be the best QB in the NFL. Unfortunately, he also has a 10 cent brain. For all of his jaw-dropping scrambles, zone-read runs, and laser passes while throwing off the wrong foot, Kaepernick has not done a DAMN thing better than Smith. Yes, he went to the superbowl. Where he promptly shit the bed in the first half and made a shitty throw to Crabtree with the game on the line, when Davis was wide open. I have no qualms in saying that if Smith had been the QB in that superbowl, the Niners would still be undefeated in Superbowl games. That is the nawing thought all Niners fans are feeling right now. The impression comes to their mind, unbidden and unwanted, "Harbaugh made the wrong fucking choice" but they can't admit that, so they try and salve their wounded conscious by simultaneously slamming Smith while being invested in him because they KNOW. They know that they shit the bed. They went with the Ferrari when what they needed was the off-road vehicle - that could take hits, take the boos, take the "game manager" label, take the "Captain Checkdown" derisions and OWN it and shove up the critics asses. They needed a daily driver car, but instead they got infatuated with the slick Ferrari that you can only drive 20 days a year.

In short, the Niner fans obsession with Smith can be boiled down to one thought - "Missed Opportunity".

Well he's ours now, and you made your bed.

Mav
11-17-2014, 03:52 AM
Someone mentioned that the Niner trolls won't go away. I'll tell you why. Despite their professed love of Kaepernick, the results don't bear out towards his supposed superiority. The running game has regressed dramatically since Smith got axed. The passing game is the same at best, but most likely worse. Kaepernick has ALL the physical tools to be the best QB in the NFL. Unfortunately, he also has a 10 cent brain. For all of his jaw-dropping scrambles, zone-read runs, and laser passes while throwing off the wrong foot, Kaepernick has not done a DAMN thing better than Smith. Yes, he went to the superbowl. Where he promptly shit the bed in the first half and made a shitty throw to Crabtree with the game on the line, when Davis was wide open. I have no qualms in saying that if Smith had been the QB in that superbowl, the Niners would still be undefeated in Superbowl games. That is the nawing thought all Niners fans are feeling right now. The impression comes to their mind, unbidden and unwanted, "Harbaugh made the wrong fucking choice" but they can't admit that, so they try and salve their wounded conscious by simultaneously slamming Smith while being invested in him because they KNOW. They know that they shit the bed. They went with the Ferrari when what they needed was the off-road vehicle - that could take hits, take the boos, take the "game manager" label, take the "Captain Checkdown" derisions and OWN it and shove up the critics asses. They needed a daily driver car, but instead they got infatuated with the slick Ferrari that you can only drive 20 days a year.

In short, the Niner fans obsession with Smith can be boiled down to one thought - "Missed Opportunity".

Amazing post.

temper11
11-17-2014, 06:53 AM
You [kapernick] are a troll. Get lost. I feel like a ****ing dick for ever categorizing the other 49er trolls with you. They at least have a reason to be here. You wanted Alex off of the 49ers, right? Well he's been in KC for a year and a half now, but you're still having trouble letting go. It's just sad, man. Just go away. You add nothing to this board. Absolutely nothing.

:clap:

TimBone
11-17-2014, 07:06 AM
You can only drive a Ferrari 20 days a year?

JF08
11-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Good to see that you guys are buying into what Smith brings to the table. As far as trolls like "Kaepernick," they just can't let go of Smith. Deep down they know that the Niners made the wrong choice.

jLoy88
11-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Someone mentioned that the Niner trolls won't go away. I'll tell you why. Despite their professed love of Kaepernick, the results don't bear out towards his supposed superiority. The running game has regressed dramatically since Smith got axed. The passing game is the same at best, but most likely worse. Kaepernick has ALL the physical tools to be the best QB in the NFL. Unfortunately, he also has a 10 cent brain. For all of his jaw-dropping scrambles, zone-read runs, and laser passes while throwing off the wrong foot, Kaepernick has not done a DAMN thing better than Smith. Yes, he went to the superbowl. Where he promptly shit the bed in the first half and made a shitty throw to Crabtree with the game on the line, when Davis was wide open. I have no qualms in saying that if Smith had been the QB in that superbowl, the Niners would still be undefeated in Superbowl games. That is the nawing thought all Niners fans are feeling right now. The impression comes to their mind, unbidden and unwanted, "Harbaugh made the wrong ****ing choice" but they can't admit that, so they try and salve their wounded conscious by simultaneously slamming Smith while being invested in him because they KNOW. They know that they shit the bed. They went with the Ferrari when what they needed was the off-road vehicle - that could take hits, take the boos, take the "game manager" label, take the "Captain Checkdown" derisions and OWN it and shove up the critics asses. They needed a daily driver car, but instead they got infatuated with the slick Ferrari that you can only drive 20 days a year.

THIS... AND SO MUCH THIS.

You just embodied everything I've felt about the Harbaugh fuck up for the past 2 years in one concise paragraph. Cheers. :toast:

I have little to no doubt in my mind that Alex Smith wins the super bowl the year he got benched. NO DOUBT AT ALL. I was a Niners fanboy my entire life, luckily they drafted my hometown college QB (Utah) and it was perfect. I watched him struggled, get benched, get booed, and never once did i see his resolve change. He always wanted to get better, get back out there, see more plays. Were it not for a slippery fingered Kyle Williams, Alex Smith likely goes to the SB in 2011. In 2012, his team was THE BEST team I have ever witnessed. They were spotty in the red zone but chewed clock and came away with 3 points on just about every drive. The Defense WAS stout and always rested with AS on the field, almost immediately after CK became the quarterback I noticed a lack of depth on their defense. Offensive drives were either sputtering at 3 and out or they were exploding for a 67 yard touchdown passes, neither are good for defense.

Chiefs literally hit the fucking lottery by way of Jim Harbaugh getting a man-wood for Colin that season, couple that with Andy Reid giving him the vote of confidence and you might just have to watch out, these Chiefs can burn some bitches.

captveg
11-18-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm still a 49er fan first and foremost, but I've also always liked Alex Smith as a player, so I follow the Chiefs to see how he does, and I'm glad he's succeeding. The 49ers offense has been so painful to watch. Just dreadful. Kaep will make that crazy 4th and 10 50-yard throw like he did against the Saints - other worldly - but the thing is: Smith will rarely put a team in the position to NEED to make the impossible play possible.

If you want to see Alex Smith run a team to peak efficiency go watch the 49ers dismantle the Bills in 2012 for 600 yards of offense, 300 each running and passing. An absolute thing of beauty.

Smith was concussed a couple weeks later and we all know what happened.

With my Niners on life support and zero faith in the offensive scheme and performance to get good enough to make and/or win in the playoffs, I'm definitely keeping my eye on the Chiefs. I'd much rather Smith and the Chiefs win the Superbowl than any other non-Niner team. Franchise, fans and Smith all deserve it.

As for my Niners.... we'll see if their offense can get their heads out of their asses. I can't even remember the last time they had a 5+ minute, 70-yard TD drive. Seems like ages ago...

Pasta Little Brioni
11-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Yeah the Niners messed up. Two seconds for Alex was a steal.

Ming the Merciless
11-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Yeah the Niners messed up. Two seconds for Alex was a steal.

Not really

the niners got a ton (like 5players who made the final cut) from those 2 picks,saved money... and went with a guy they liked better to boot'a steal' is being a little dramatic about it

There is such a thing as a win/win.........

But I guess this is chiefs planet so the trade can ONLY be viewed as THE CHIEFS STOLE ALEX AND RIPPED THE NINERS OFF!!!! or NINERS RAPED THE CHIEFS!!!!!

The trade was the going rate at the time, we probably could have had him for less......IMO.

I think when everyone looks back on this trade in like 4-5 years it will probably seem like a fair deal to both sides.

eDave
11-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Not really

the niners got a ton (like 5players who made the final cut) from those 2 picks,saved money... and went with a guy they liked better to boot'a steal' is being a little dramatic about it

There is such a thing as a win/win.........

But I guess this is chiefs planet so the trade can ONLY be viewed as THE CHIEFS STOLE ALEX AND RIPPED THE NINERS OFF!!!! or NINERS RAPED THE CHIEFS!!!!!

The trade was the going rate at the time, we probably could have had him for less......IMO.

I think when everyone looks back on this trade in like 4-5 years it will probably seem like a fair deal to both sides.

Nobody should have an issue with that deal now. Those who do are splitting hairs.

bshmerlie
11-18-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm still a 49er fan first and foremost, but I've also always liked Alex Smith as a player, so I follow the Chiefs to see how he does, and I'm glad he's succeeding. The 49ers offense has been so painful to watch. Just dreadful. Kaep will make that crazy 4th and 10 50-yard throw like he did against the Saints - other worldly - but the thing is: Smith will rarely put a team in the position to NEED to make the impossible play possible.

If you want to see Alex Smith run a team to peak efficiency go watch the 49ers dismantle the Bills in 2012 for 600 yards of offense, 300 each running and passing. An absolute thing of beauty.

Smith was concussed a couple weeks later and we all know what happened.

With my Niners on life support and zero faith in the offensive scheme and performance to get good enough to make and/or win in the playoffs, I'm definitely keeping my eye on the Chiefs. I'd much rather Smith and the Chiefs win the Superbowl than any other non-Niner team. Franchise, fans and Smith all deserve it.

As for my Niners.... we'll see if their offense can get their heads out of their asses. I can't even remember the last time they had a 5+ minute, 70-yard TD drive. Seems like ages ago...

Great post!!

I am also a 49er fan and this season has just been painful to watch. Very frustrating. They have so much talent and it is going to waste. What could Alex have done with that much talent on the offense?

Now I personally don't have a huge problem with Kaepernick and I think eventually he'll make a fine quarterback but he is definately not the savior that everyone made him out to be.

The trade was actually a win-win for everyone involved. The 49ers kept the QB they thought could win them a Superbowl and got some decent draft picks in the trade. The Chiefs got a QB that was past his rookie growing pains and has finally figured out what it takes to win games in this league. Alex got a team and a fan base that finally believes in him and Kaepernick is finally going to understand what Alex went through with a coaching change next year and another offense going in.

OldSchool
11-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Nobody should have an issue with that deal now. Those who do are splitting hairs.

Considering what was given up for Charlie Whitehurst (Switched 2nd round picks and gave up 3rd round pick) and Carson Palmer (1st round plus conditional 2nd), Alex Smith was a very good deal.

ViperVisor
11-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Considering what was given up for Charlie Whitehurst (Switched 2nd round picks and gave up 3rd round pick) and Carson Palmer (1st round plus conditional 2nd), Alex Smith was a very good deal.

KC really didn't need to give more than 1 2nd. But they up'd the offer with a 3rd that could jump to another 2nd.

Realistically the market was only a few teams.

The gamble would be if some moves happened at the draft and a fit about as good as KC opened up.

The real fleecing SF did was what they gave up to get Boldin. Some drops this year but the dozens of great plays he's made the past 2 years WAY outweighs that.

Mav
11-18-2014, 06:46 PM
KC really didn't need to give more than 1 2nd. But they up'd the offer with a 3rd that could jump to another 2nd.

Realistically the market was only a few teams.

The gamble would be if some moves happened at the draft and a fit about as good as KC opened up.

The real fleecing SF did was what they gave up to get Boldin. Some drops this year but the dozens of great plays he's made the past 2 years WAY outweighs that.

Makes up for the fleecing the niners got taken for when they traded Owens.

They got NOTHING for him.

ViperVisor
11-18-2014, 06:50 PM

Jesus that pissed me off.

Took some role player that was hurt for a crap team going nowhere instead of a draft pick. God that GM was DOG SHIZ.

And nothing for Julian Peterson.

I said at the time. Franchise and Trade if you can't resign.

He was Franchised, got injured. Left. Got nothing.

Pepe Silvia
11-18-2014, 07:02 PM

I remember that dark period for you guys, you were terribad. I never thought I'd see a 2-14 Niner team.

Baby Lee
11-18-2014, 07:02 PM

Geez, if only some people had seen this when the trade was made.

Mav
11-18-2014, 07:05 PM
I remember that dark period for you guys, you were terribad. I never thought I'd see a 2-14 Niner team.

It wasn't that surprising. When the owner, John York, publicly sat there and said they wanted to move away from the BILL WALSH era, and everything associated with it, its not that surprising.

Pepe Silvia
11-18-2014, 07:09 PM
It wasn't that surprising. When the owner, John York, publicly sat there and said they wanted to move away from the BILL WALSH era, and everything associated with it, its not that surprising.

From an era of greatness? ROFL

Mav
11-18-2014, 07:12 PM
From an era of greatness? ROFL

Yes, and followed that up with introducing Dennis Erickson as the head coach.
That's like firing Mike McCarthy, to hire Rich Kotite in Green Bay.

Pepe Silvia
11-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Yes, and followed that up with introducing Dennis Erickson as the head coach.
That's like firing Mike McCarthy, to hire Ray Rhodes in Green Bay.

FYP :cuss:

Mav
11-18-2014, 07:21 PM
FYP :cuss:

I shouldn't laugh, BUT I DID LOL.

JENKINSWINS
11-19-2014, 12:27 PM
So Mark Sanchez has been figured out after 1 game and defenses still have a hard time figuring out how to stop Alex. Hmmmm?

el borracho
11-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Alex Smith has not thrown an INT in 133 passes.

Also failed to throw a touchdown in 3 of the last 4 games, but I guess nobody cares about that as long as Charles and the defense can keep winning games. Winning truly does cure all.

ViperVisor
11-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Also failed to throw a touchdown in 3 of the last 4 games, but I guess nobody cares about that as long as Charles and the defense can keep winning games. Winning truly does cure all.

http://i.imgur.com/OVJBEUi.jpg

Didn't get 2 more conversions Sunday because a Kelce fumble and no PI on Kelce that could of been called.

And overall has the same % of First Downs per Attempt as Andrew Luck.

Not the chunks of yards with them but keeps the defense from crashing in and keeps the playbook wide-open to use the various runs when you move the chains and start a new set of downs.

captveg
11-19-2014, 02:01 PM

The only reason they got the small amount they did for Owens was because his agent screwed up and didn't file his free agency papers on time. They were about to let him walk as a free agent before the technicality.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2014, 02:10 PM
So Mark Sanchez has been figured out after 1 game and defenses still have a hard time figuring out how to stop Alex. Hmmmm?

I don't know that they're stumped by trying to figure out Alex. The guy is 20th in the league for attempts, 27th in yards per attempt (longest pass completion is 34 yards - ranks 51st in the league) ... it's a pretty safe passing game, but he is also the 6th most sacked QB with 25.

KC is a pound the football offense and pass when they have to pass.

Marcellus
11-19-2014, 02:59 PM

We are averaging 24 points a game on offense, why does the ball have to be thrown into the EZ?

The problem is JC keeps breaking long runs that asshole.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2014, 03:03 PM

I bet he'd fucking throw a strike for a TD if we needed it.

O.city
11-19-2014, 03:12 PM
The chiefs scored 24 points on 46 offensive plays and 24 minutes of possesion.

Is that good?

Marcellus
11-19-2014, 03:13 PM
I don't know that they're stumped by trying to figure out Alex. The guy is 20th in the league for attempts, 27th in yards per attempt (longest pass completion is 34 yards - ranks 51st in the league) ... it's a pretty safe passing game, but he is also the 6th most sacked QB with 25.

KC is a pound the football offense and pass when they have to pass.

We have run 297 times to 203 pass attempts so yea.

Its working and keeping the defense fresh and as long as Smith converts on 3rd down and makes a big play here and there its a winning combination.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2014, 03:15 PM
We have run 297 times to 203 pass attempts so yea.

Its working and keeping the defense fresh and as long as Smith converts on 3rd down and makes a big play here and there its a winning combination.

I'm not disputing it, just replied to the notion that the league was perplexed and unable to figure out Alex Smith.

el borracho
11-19-2014, 03:17 PM
We are averaging 24 points a game on offense, why does the ball have to be thrown into the EZ?

Title of the thread is "Alex Smith is a damn good QB" and the initial post invites us to "look at the numbers around the league"; why wouldn't we talk about the quarterback's statistics in such a thread? Why wouldn't we talk about passing yards and touchdown passes?

el borracho
11-19-2014, 03:18 PM
I bet he'd ****ing throw a strike for a TD if we needed it.

Your willingness to wager gets you into trouble more times than not.

JF08
11-19-2014, 04:08 PM

Didn't get 2 more conversions Sunday because a Kelce fumble and no PI on Kelce that could of been called.

And overall has the same % of First Downs per Attempt as Andrew Luck.

Not the chunks of yards with them but keeps the defense from crashing in and keeps the playbook wide-open to use the various runs when you move the chains and start a new set of downs.

Great post. Total yards and TD's get a lot of attention because of Sportscenter and "top 10 plays." But what do you want your QB to do? Get you 4 more downs as often as possible. Keeps the defense fresh and shortens the game for the entire team. The QB's at the top of this list consistently give their teams the best chance to win.

Here is the list for percentage of first downs for ALL attempts. Even more impressive, in my opinion...
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Passing&rank=034&year=2014

Mav
11-19-2014, 04:15 PM
And you hate winning unless it's done in a cosmetic beautiful, football's flying all over the yard way.

Mav
11-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Title of the thread is "Alex Smith is a damn good QB" and the initial post invites us to "look at the numbers around the league"; why wouldn't we talk about the quarterback's statistics in such a thread? Why wouldn't we talk about passing yards and touchdown passes?
Because numbers don't always tell the story?

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2014, 04:19 PM

So the only way to get good QB play is to throw for all 3 downs, and keep taking over 10 yard shots? This is the recipe for a dominant running game? There's no value in a guy who only gets 1 shot in 3 downs to convert a first down? There's no value in a guy who consistently converts passes on third down?

An efficient QB sets up a good running game and defense. Smith didn't do that last year. The defense played out of this world early on and we won in spite of Smith. This year, Smith is absolutely contributing to our winning ways. He's converting third downs he didn't last year and even when he's not, like in Buffalo, he's closing games out.

RandomFan
11-19-2014, 04:32 PM
I agree he's not great, not elite, but he's pretty good.

OldSchool
11-19-2014, 04:33 PM
Face it, some people will never be happy with the QB until they get their QB1.

Sandy Vagina
11-19-2014, 05:56 PM

... or get a backyard-ballin' chucker! 2+ INTs per game? who cares? at least it's exciting and he tried to hit deep!

:doh!:

OldSchool
11-19-2014, 05:59 PM
... or get a backyard-ballin' chucker! 2+ INTs per game? who cares? at least it's exciting and he tried to hit deep!

:doh!:

Pretty much.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2014, 06:00 PM
The chiefs scored 24 points on 46 offensive plays and 24 minutes of possesion.

Is that good?

That's extremely good.

Alex Smith keeps shitting on the haters.

In58men
11-19-2014, 06:03 PM
If you say "RAISE UP LIGHTS" you just said "RAZOR BLADES" in an Australian accent

bshmerlie
11-19-2014, 07:12 PM

This^^^
Its hard to throw TD's to WR's when JC is running it in from 39 yards out. Its been so easy for him to run it in from almost anywhere within 10 yards of the endzone why wouldn't we run it. Until someone can stop the guy keep giving it to him.

Red Dawg
11-19-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm not disputing it, just replied to the notion that the league was perplexed and unable to figure out Alex Smith.

He tougher to figure out than Manning. Every defense knows you're going to pass because your running is beyond pitiful not to mention Manning is not gong to run. At least Alex can use play action and move the chains with his legs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-19-2014, 08:15 PM

No one ever had to figure out Casshole.

ViperVisor
11-19-2014, 08:36 PM
This^^^
Its hard to throw TD's to WR's when JC is running it in from 39 yards out. Its been so easy for him to run it in from almost anywhere within 10 yards of the endzone why wouldn't we run it. Until someone can stop the guy keep giving it to him.

http://i.imgur.com/g7LmyKi.jpg

10 guys are 20% or worse.

Why is Luck racking up TDs close? His RBs are 3 out of 19

KC is 8 out of 22

Saccopoo
11-19-2014, 08:44 PM
That's extremely good.

Alex Smith keeps shitting on the haters.

I lol'd.

el borracho
11-20-2014, 12:41 AM
And you hate winning unless it's done in a cosmetic beautiful, football's flying all over the yard way.

Not once have I said anything like that.

I will, however, admit that I am neither impressed nor satisfied with having the #31 passing offense. I think there is a lot of room for improvement; what do you think?

Hammock Parties
11-20-2014, 12:43 AM

I will, however, admit that I am neither impressed nor satisfied with having the #31 passing offense. I think there is a lot of room for improvement; what do you think?

We just beat the team that won the Super Bowl last year with a low pass rank.

While I spend 8 weeks pounding the table about the same thing, at this point it's clear to me that it just doesn't fucking matter anymore.

el borracho
11-20-2014, 12:44 AM
So the only way to get good QB play is to throw for all 3 downs, and keep taking over 10 yard shots? This is the recipe for a dominant running game? There's no value in a guy who only gets 1 shot in 3 downs to convert a first down? There's no value in a guy who consistently converts passes on third down? .

I have never said anything remotely similar to what you have written.

An efficient QB sets up a good running game and defense. Smith didn't do that last year. The defense played out of this world early on and we won in spite of Smith. This year, Smith is absolutely contributing to our winning ways. He's converting third downs he didn't last year and even when he's not, like in Buffalo, he's closing games out.

Ah, Chiefsplanet... where third downs are more important than touchdowns.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2014, 12:46 AM

Don't look now, but...

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-touchdowns-per-game

el borracho
11-20-2014, 12:47 AM

Actually, I would be happy if the passing offense was top five instead of next to last in the league.

What about you? Are you satisfied with the passing offense ranked 31 out of 32 teams? Are you satisfied with 11 touchdown passes in 10 games?

I doubt it. But, as I stated earlier, winning cures all, I guess. Until you don't win.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2014, 12:51 AM
as I stated earlier, winning cures all, I guess. Until you don't win.

At this point it doesn't really appear that this team is hamstrung by having a pedestrian passing attack.

What's going to happen? Are we going to face a top defense where our lack of a passing attack spells doom?

Well...um...the last two weeks...bro?

el borracho
11-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Don't look now, but...

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-touchdowns-per-game

The first five teams on that list all have elite quarterbacks.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2014, 12:55 AM
The first five teams on that list all have elite quarterbacks.

Look. The Chiefs are scoring TDs despite their plodding ways.

It is what it is.

Baby Lee
11-20-2014, 12:55 AM

I fear we might not win the Passing Offense Bowl this year!!!

The Daunte Culpepper Trophy would look sweet in Arrowhead Corporate Offices.

el borracho
11-20-2014, 12:57 AM
At this point it doesn't really appear that this team is hamstrung by having a pedestrian passing attack.

What's going to happen? Are we going to face a top defense where our lack of a passing attack spells doom?

Even the wisest cannot tell.

It's entirely possible that the Chiefs could win a Super Bowl with Alex along for the ride. That still wouldn't make him a "damn good quarterback." Leading the 31st ranked passing attack is not damn good.

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2014, 12:57 AM
I have never said anything remotely similar to what you have written.

After you obsessed over yards and touchdowns? Yeah, that is exactly what you are saying.

For the type of offense the Chiefs want to run, as long as Smith is efficient on third downs, that's really dangerous. I'm sorry that you'd rather win games in shootouts. There's a lot to be said for a team that can score a field goal on a 10 minute drive.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2014, 12:58 AM

It's entirely possible that the Chiefs could win a Super Bowl with Alex along for the ride. That still wouldn't make him a "damn good quarterback." Leading the 31st ranked passing attack is not damn good.

So Russell Wilson isn't damn good?

el borracho
11-20-2014, 12:59 AM
I fear we might not win the Passing Offense Bowl this year!!!

The Daunte Culpepper Trophy would look sweet in Arrowhead Corporate Offices.

Are you completely satisfied to have the 31st ranked passing attack? You genuinely don't see that as a legitimate concern or complaint? You expect nothing more from your quarterback than next-to-last-in-the-league production?

Hammock Parties
11-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Are you completely satisfied to have the 31st ranked passing attack? You genuinely don't see that as a legitimate concern or complaint? You expect nothing more from your quarterback than next-to-last-in-the-league production?

It would be nice to have more, I agree.

But at the same time, these are undeniable facts:

1. We have one WR.
2. The OL is subpar
3. WE ARE STILL WINNING AND STILL SCORING TOUCHDOWNS

Baby Lee
11-20-2014, 01:03 AM

Pssst. War's over

https://www.wodumedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/With-his-hands-in-the-air-the-first-of-20-Japanese-emerges-from-a-cave-on-Iwo-Jima-on-April-5-1945.-The-group-had-been-hiding-for-several-days.-AP-PhotoU.S.-Army-Signal-Corps.jpg

Baby Lee
11-20-2014, 01:05 AM

Truthfully, it's often perversely worth it, perhaps even preferrable, . . . JUST to see the hissy fits it creates in the likes of you.

Maybe I'd feel different if this same QB hadn't put in the best performance by a QB in the entire history of Chiefs playoffs [an admittedly pauperous standard, but still] just last January.

el borracho
11-20-2014, 01:07 AM
So Russell Wilson isn't damn good?

I don't think we can say for sure at this time. He may be, he may not be. Probably depends how you define the term "damn good".

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2014, 01:28 AM

Do I want to revert to the old Andy Reid style where jamaal Charles touches the ball 10 times? No. Just to boost stats. Smiths ability to extend drives allows us to run the ball. This offensive approach helps out our defense. As long as he converts third downs and closes games, I could give a shit about his stats.

Saccopoo
11-20-2014, 01:30 AM

Irrelevant.

They are scoring touchdowns. At roughly the same clip as teams with perceived "elite" quarterbacks. How it happens is inconsequential. Points are on the board.

Shit...if Charles wasn't scoring them, people would be bitching that we weren't getting the ball to our best playmaker. I'd rather have Charles and Kelce getting the TDs versus attempting to force the ball into our stone handed receivers.

And as C.E. pointed out, we've seen the elite defenses in the NFL. We've beat them.

I don't know what else you need for your own personal satisfaction. Apparently winning isn't your thing.

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2014, 01:41 AM
Actually, I would be happy if the passing offense was top five instead of next to last in the league.

What about you? Are you satisfied with the passing offense ranked 31 out of 32 teams? Are you satisfied with 11 touchdown passes in 10 games?

I doubt it. But, as I stated earlier, winning cures all, I guess. Until you don't win.

Hey, remember 2003? Yeah, those lofty offensive numbers did the team a ton of good.

BeeHo
11-20-2014, 06:58 AM

Actually, they're both important. And we have both:

Chiefs ranks as of now:

3rd in Red Zone TD @ 69.7% (ranked 5th @ 59.7% in 2013)
3rd in 3rd Down Conversion Rate @ 48.00% (ranked 20th @ 36.4% in 2013)
2nd in Opponent Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD only) @ 41.94% (ranked 16th 55.8% in 2013)

24th in total # of Defensive snaps (ranked 11th in 2013) [lower is better]
12th in Team points per game @ 24.1 (ranked 3rd at 27.9 ppg in 2013)
2nd in Team Opponents scoring per game at 17.1 (ranked 7th at 20.6 in 2013)

20th in Team Turnover Diff at -2 (ranked 2nd @ +18 in 2013 [which was absurd and a huge drop])

I find it very interesting to look at team turnover diff. Look at the top 5:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-w_6qvXhGXtw/VG3ktYCrveI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/AjNF_xp1_YM/w665-h384-no/differential.PNG

It's not mind blowing when you say we're one of the lowest in passing yards/game [total]. We ALL know that. But I would guess most of us are impressed with this season compared to last.

There are no forum talks/complaints of us beating up on backup quarterbacks and facing real teams in the 2nd half of the season like we did last season.

Mav
11-20-2014, 09:00 AM

I agree with that. But there is something said for being able to run the ball at will.

O.city
11-20-2014, 09:09 AM
31st passing offense in terms of yardage.

Teams pass for alot of yards when they're behind. Chiefs aren't behind much.

But i do agree it needs to be much better.

Mav
11-20-2014, 09:12 AM
31st passing offense in terms of yardage.

Teams pass for alot of yards when they're behind. Chiefs aren't behind much.

But i do agree it needs to be much better.
We have run the ball 100 more times than we have thrown it. Obviously the numbers would be down.

Being able to run the ball like that means you are controlling the Game.

threebag
11-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Some folks just have a hard on for a player or position. Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees, or just plain ole dumb as fuck.

bshmerlie
11-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Well when you have a Running back who's ripping off 5.2 yards per carry why wouldn't you give it to him? Do the math....we have three downs before we have to think about punting. Give it to him twice and you have a first down. Smart football. And it controls the clock with minimal risk of a turn over so the opposing offense rarely sees the field. It's the perfect game plan.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2014, 11:30 AM
We have run the ball 100 more times than we have thrown it. Obviously the numbers would be down.

it's the martyball effect that worries people though

run the ball + play defense = win tons of regular season games, take a dump in the playoffs

if you fall behind .......

i'm not hating, it's just the reality of the thing.

Long time Chiefs fans know about it all too well

Jakemall
11-20-2014, 12:02 PM

run the ball + play defense = win tons of regular season games, take a dump in the playoffs

Except Alex has shown that he can pick it up when the run game is out and the defense is falling apart. i.e. Colts play-offs.

I've been really impressed with this year's Chiefs. No line, No Wrs and still getting it done.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2014, 12:08 PM

:thumb:

TripleThreat
11-20-2014, 12:14 PM

But don't we have a QB who has proven hes not a fire in the playoffs? Your point seems invalid with the team we have now, not your nightmares from before.

In 2011 playoffs, alex was 500 yards 5 TD 0 INT in 2 games in the postseason, in 2013, 380Yards, 4 TD 0 int

That's close to 900 yards and 9 TD 0 Int in 3 playoff apperances.. Its the regular season I am worried about, not the postseason.

dls6501
11-20-2014, 12:16 PM

Honestly, this is what has impressed me the most about Alex this season. He has historically been the shits on third down. And I am not talking about completion % or passer rating. I am talking about consistently picking up the first down....something he has been at the bottom of the NFL in since his career started.

Frosty
11-20-2014, 12:18 PM

The problem in the playoffs wasn't martyball. It was Marty.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2014, 12:22 PM

Maybe I'm reading the stats wrong.

Alex Smith has made 291 pass attempts.
As a team, KC has had had 297 rush attempts.

Now, Alex has completed 193 passes ... so, KC has run it 100 times more than passes completed. But, as far as pure pass/rush - it's nearly equal. No?

Mav
11-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Maybe I'm reading the stats wrong.

Alex Smith has made 291 pass attempts.
As a team, KC has had had 297 rush attempts.

Now, Alex has completed 193 passes ... so, KC has run it 100 times more than passes completed. But, as far as pure pass/rush - it's nearly equal. No?
That could be correct

Rausch
11-20-2014, 12:23 PM

To me it's not about Martyball or being conservative. Even then we had a stacked O line and offensive playmakers like Gonzo or DA or even a worn out 'Dre Rison.

This team has NOTHING if we fall behind. Once there's 6 minutes left and we're down by 10 the truth is we have a $#it O line and no real targets to throw to...

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2014, 12:43 PM

I've said before... This only works if we keep converting on third down and we close games in the 4th quarter. When you do that, this offense is maybe more dangerous than one that puts up a ton of points. That really differentiates today's team from marty ball teams in the past.

Remains to be seen if we can do that in the playoffs. But so far it's played extremely well against some excellent competition.

TripleThreat
11-20-2014, 12:43 PM
To me it's not about Martyball or being conservative. Even then we had a stacked O line and offensive playmakers like Gonzo or DA or even a worn out 'Dre Rison.

This team has NOTHING if we fall behind. Once there's 6 minutes left and we're down by 10 the truth is we have a $#it O line and no real targets to throw to...

well down by 10, 6 minutes left, that's a different game than being down by 7 and six minutes left.

down 10 points 6 minutes left, your talking 2 scores, and the other teams offense still gets a possession..

We could have a dozen playmakers but if our D doesn't make a stop after we score a TD, we lose no matter how many plays we make on O in that 6minutes.

I Think the better reasoning is 2 minutes left down by 3-7.. But again as I pointed out above, alex smith showed he can overcome a shootout against one of the best in 2011 against New Orleans, then lost by a FG to the Superbowl champs in 11' and in 2013, he was gunslinging with Luck.

We are now in 2014, with the above QB's resume in the last few years. We are in a good position to make noise. Now im not disagreeing we don't have enough weapons on the offensive side of the ball, but I do think we could still make it happen with Smith as the QB, but we definitely do need more WR's to give him more of a cushion.

Rausch
11-20-2014, 01:12 PM
I Think the better reasoning is 2 minutes left down by 3-7..

No, that's what we hope happens.

That's how we've won thus far.

Unless we get the Bengals there's a good chance some team can be up on us by 10 because odds are we'll be on the road.

bshmerlie
11-20-2014, 01:27 PM
No, that's what we hope happens.

That's how we've won thus far.

Unless we get the Bengals there's a good chance some team can be up on us by 10 because odds are we'll be on the road.
Ahhh....but that's where you're wrong. We are not gonna be on the road. We're taking Peyton Manning down in two weeks.

Rausch
11-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Ahhh....but that's where you're wrong. We are not gonna be on the road. We're taking Peyton Manning down in two weeks.

I believe it can happen.

I don't believe it will happen...

Mile High Mania
11-20-2014, 01:35 PM

Focus on Oakland.

mdchiefsfan
11-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Focus on Oakland.

I love this. Like our focus, as fans, will inhibit our team's play this week.

Rausch
11-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Focus on Oakland.

Tap...tap tap tap...

This thing on?

Hi...uh...we're just fans. We're fat, eat BBQ, and drink southern-pints full of beer before mounting our 45 year old spouses on the hood of our cars.

In puh-blik.

We don't actually play the games...

bshmerlie
11-20-2014, 01:41 PM
I believe it can happen.

I don't believe it will happen...

It will happen. Father time catches up to everyone. He is a few months short of 39. He will not be able to last injury free for a full 16 games. If our D doesn't take him out someone else's will. His wobbly passes have even gotten worse over the last three weeks. He is probably already feeling really sore by this point in the season. He is going down.

This year the Chiefs take the division.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Tap...tap tap tap...

This thing on?

Hi...uh...we're just fans. We're fat, eat BBQ, and drink southern-pints full of beer before mounting our 45 year old spouses on the hood of our cars.

In puh-blik.

;)

TimBone
11-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Focus on Oakland.
IM FOCUSING

DO U THINK IT'S HELPING THE TEAM

TimBone
11-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Tap...tap tap tap...

This thing on?

In puh-blik.

LESS TYPING MORE FOCUSING

OldSchool
11-20-2014, 03:41 PM
It will happen. Father time catches up to everyone. He is a few months short of 39. He will not be able to last injury free for a full 16 games. If our D doesn't take him out someone else's will. His wobbly passes have even gotten worse over the last three weeks. He is probably already feeling really sore by this point in the season. He is going down.

This year the Chiefs take the division.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/16/Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Marcellus
11-20-2014, 03:44 PM

Would you rather I simply discussed his win % the last 3 seasons?

Or his 68% completion %, or his 3rd down QBR?

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2014, 04:02 PM

I completely disagree.

The bizarre thing about Alex Smith is, for some reason he always plays exactly to the competition. How many times have we been blown out the last two years? Even in our worst performances, we somehow end up clawing our way back at the end. So many games where we were down by two scores and we managed to lose the game with a decent shot at tying or winning in the end zone on the last play.

jLoy88
11-20-2014, 04:04 PM
49ers franchise records held by Alex Smith:

Most game winning drives in a single season: 6 (2011)
Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season: 6 (2011)
Fewest interceptions in a single season: 5 in 2011 (16 starts)
Most consecutive pass attempts without an interception: 249 (previous record: 184, by Steve Young)

Alex Smith is the last NFL QB to throw for a perfect passer rating, doing so last season agains the Raiders.
Alex Smith is 37-11-1 since 2011.

Don't care that he isn't a first round pick in the FFL, this mother fucker wins, and knows how to win. What the fuck more do you want out of a QB

Sandy Vagina
11-20-2014, 04:56 PM
What the **** more do you want out of a QB

I wants my deap passez, dayum you!!!!!!!! There moar excyting to whach!!!!

dls6501
11-20-2014, 05:34 PM
Would you rather I simply discussed his win % the last 3 seasons?

Or his 68% completion %, or his 3rd down QBR?

I alluded to this a couple pages ago, but his third down QBR is absolutely meaningless, as before this season Alex has always been horrible at 3rd down conversion rate.

Like I said, the thing that has me really impressed with Alex this year is he actually picking up third downs at a high rate. That wasn't the case in years' past. And while his QBR may have been high on 3rd down before, he wasn't effective in picking up first downs.....which of course is the only thing that matters on third down.

Alex was the king of completing a 6 yard pass when we (or the 9ers) needed 8. So while his 1 for 1 for 6 yards inflated his QBR, it didn't translate to effective third down play.

Marcellus
11-20-2014, 05:48 PM
I alluded to this a couple pages ago, but his third down QBR is absolutely meaningless, as before this season Alex has always been horrible at 3rd down conversion rate.

Like I said, the thing that has me really impressed with Alex this year is he actually picking up third downs at a high rate. That wasn't the case in years' past. And while his QBR may have been high on 3rd down before, he wasn't effective in picking up first downs.....which of course is the only thing that matters on third down.

Alex was the king of completing a 6 yard pass when we (or the 9ers) needed 8. So while his 1 for 1 for 6 yards inflated his QBR, it didn't translate to effective third down play.

His is converting this year and that is a meaninful stat.

ChiefsLV
11-20-2014, 06:05 PM
I wants my deap passez, dayum you!!!!!!!! There moar excyting to whach!!!!

I too would like to see more deep passes. They make for more exciting football. However I admire the strategy and efficiency of the offense Andy Reid runs. Part of that strategy is working with what you have and I just don't believe we have the receivers or offensive line to be effective at it. I do wish they'd try once in awhile. Maybe when Avery returns...

Mav
11-20-2014, 06:40 PM

Well at least this makes more sense. You being a niner fan explains more of your ass hurt.

el borracho
12-01-2014, 04:40 PM

Last two weeks, indeed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Best case scenario:

We kill the draft and FA, and begin building a solid unit while Alex does what he does with better players. I'm hardly a Smith-apologist, but even I would lose a few nut hairs per quarter playing behind Eric Fisher and Co., and trying to throw to the comic relie-I mean wide receivers this team is currently employing.

TLO
12-14-2014, 02:33 PM
300+ yards yo

Bearcat
12-14-2014, 02:33 PM
LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2014, 02:36 PM
It's a career day in retard football.

Let us rejoice.

dls6501
12-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Well at least this makes more sense. You being a niner fan explains more of your ass hurt.

Mav.....all seriousness. Why do you keep making bogus claims that I am a Niner fan? Especially given the fact that you are an admitted former Niner fan?

Mav
12-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Mav.....all seriousness. Why do you keep making bogus claims that I am a Niner fan? Especially given the fact that you are an admitted former Niner fan?
I thought you were. When you said you were a chiefs fan I dropped it.

TimBone
12-14-2014, 02:44 PM
You'll have to excuse Mav. He has trouble keeping up with his own teams, let alone other peoples.

dls6501
12-14-2014, 03:33 PM
I thought you were. When you said you were a chiefs fan I dropped it.

Saw the thread bumped. Didnt see the date of your post was like a month ago.

Sandy Vagina
12-14-2014, 03:35 PM

u are a 49ers fan, and Smith hater... and obviously a coward unable to admit it. It's ok...

Ming the Merciless
12-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Big smoke 4 doty

FringeNC
12-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Smith is at bare min an average nfl QB if he gets average protection.

Ming the Merciless
12-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Smith is at bare min an average nfl QB if he gets average protection.

And a bare maximum he's a great game manager!

3=====D

Jimmya
12-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Top of the line game manager! Yes

dls6501
12-15-2014, 04:08 PM
u are a 49ers fan, and Smith hater... and obviously a coward unable to admit it. It's ok...

Sandy you can go fist yourself. Talking about a coward? The only coward between you and I is you. You are the one who abandons ship when things get rough and choose a new team.

Am a loyal Chiefs fan. You on the other hand, are a team hopping bitch who follows a below average quarterback around the league. I cant wait to see where Alex ends up in a few years, and to see your punkass off this site.

I can admit to being a "smith hater" though. I hate that he is the quarterback of our team. Cant wait until he is gone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Sandy you can go fist yourself. Talking about a coward? The only coward between you and I is you. You are the one who abandons ship when things get rough and choose a new team.

Am a loyal Chiefs fan. You on the other hand, are a team hopping bitch who follows a below average quarterback around the league. I cant wait to see where Alex ends up in a few years, and to see your punkass off this site.

I can admit to being a "smith hater" though. I hate that he is the quarterback of our team. Cant wait until he is gone.

If only. Say hello to 'Just Passing Ass' II: Electric Aids-a-loo.

TLO
11-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Good first half, champ.
Posted via Mobile Device

TLO
11-29-2015, 02:00 PM

Hammock Parties
11-29-2015, 02:06 PM
Killing it today. Very impressed.

BossChief
11-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Beautiful.

Eleazar
11-29-2015, 02:21 PM
Protection helps

Shekelsteinberg
11-29-2015, 02:36 PM
Goddamn I like Smith.

rabblerouser
11-29-2015, 02:44 PM
A 'Damn good' qb would have taken advantage of a wide open Kelce on 2nd down for a TD and a 31-22 lead...instead of a scramble for no gain and a 1 yard loss on 3rd down for another FG.

1 pass to Watkins and the Bills have the lead again.

Just presenting facts.

TLO
11-29-2015, 03:02 PM
A 'Damn good' qb would have taken advantage of a wide open Kelce on 2nd down for a TD and a 31-22 lead...instead of a scramble for no gain and a 1 yard loss on 3rd down for another FG.

Just presenting facts.

Deberg_1990
11-29-2015, 03:21 PM
Luv me some Alex!

Damn good game today

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-29-2015, 03:21 PM

Just presenting facts.

And without Smith there wouldn't have been a situation like that to begin with. Back to your hole with Clay and company

TLO
11-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Luv me some Alex!

Damn good game today

Saccopoo
11-29-2015, 03:24 PM
Other than missing Kelce, Smith had a nice game.

That one run to the left for a first down was instrumental in the team keeping the lead.

Sandy Vagina
11-29-2015, 03:25 PM
A 'Damn good' qb would have taken advantage of a wide open Kelce on 2nd down for a TD and a 31-22 lead...instead of a scramble for no gain and a 1 yard loss on 3rd down for another FG..

Give him a break, asshole. Every QB has to make split second decisions or miss the opportunity to make something out of nothing. In this case, yeah.. he missed an opportunity. To even point this out right now just seems... classless and petty.

RunKC
11-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Alex played great today. He took control and took chances.

We need him to keep playing like this because he wasn't scared today

Mav
11-29-2015, 03:27 PM

Just presenting facts.

Eh. By the time Kelce broke open Alex had already taken off. Yeah I'd of loved to of seen that. Your Watkins comment is way off. The dude didn't have a catch in the second half that I recall. The Chiefs have one 5 in a row and Alex hasn't thrown an interception since September...........

Hammock Parties
Going deep was a huge part of our win today.

Glad to see it.

Eleazar
Eh. By the time Kelce broke open Alex had already taken off. Yeah I'd of loved to of seen that. Your Watkins comment is way off. The dude didn't have a catch in the second half that I recall. The Chiefs have one 5 in a row and Alex hasn't thrown an interception since September...........

He played a great game, not a perfect game. Not good enough for the committed haters.

Mav
11-29-2015, 03:28 PM
He played a great game, not a perfect game. Not good enough for the committed haters.

Agreed.

TimBone
11-29-2015, 03:29 PM

You're wasting your time with that one. He's a moron.

ThaVirus
11-29-2015, 03:31 PM

I don't think anyone with a brain (rabblerouser is notably without one) could argue against his performance today.

There were a couple mistakes he made, but that's to be expected. He is only human and he touches the ball on every single offensive snap.

Still, he threw the ball down field all day today and that was absolutely instrumental in our victory. He didn't take any boneheaded sacks and he did a decent job on 3rd downs.

If that Alex shows up every Sunday, we can beat anyone.

Mav
You're wasting your time with that one. He's a moron.

Ahhh. Thanks. How was thanksgiving Tbone

Rausch
I don't think anyone with a brain (rabblerouser is notably without one) could argue against his performance today.

There were a couple mistakes he made, but that's to be expected. He is only human and he touches the ball on every single offensive snap.

Still, he threw the ball down field all day today and that was absolutely instrumental in our victory.

He has the ability to do this EVERY sunday.

Only Alex is holding back Alex...

Mav
11-29-2015, 03:32 PM

Still, he threw the ball down field all day today and that was absolutely instrumental in our victory. He didn't take any boneheaded sacks and he did a decent job on 3rd downs.

I'll be repping this later.

Mav
11-29-2015, 03:33 PM

This too.

19now11
11-29-2015, 03:33 PM
pretty impressed with our team today. all the oline injures scared the fuck out of me. we got behind early and the team never seemed scared. Andy needs to quit with the fucking sideways passes. its becoming more and more obvious that his playcalling is the thing holding this offence back. id rather see a sweep than these bs plays.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-29-2015, 03:34 PM
Denver still has to play New England and Cincy...the division is still up for grabs

ThaVirus
11-29-2015, 03:34 PM

I know. The mental aspect of the game is ALWAYS what's been holding him back.

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 03:38 PM
Helluva game Smitty PBJ

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Denver still has to play New England and Cincy...the division is still up for grabs

No it isn't IMO. I just don't see them losing 2 more. Do we have the tiebreaker though if they do?

ThaVirus
11-29-2015, 03:43 PM
No it isn't IMO. I just don't see them losing 2 more. Do we have the tiebreaker though if they do?

They could certainly lose 2 more easily with New England, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh still on the schedule.

Tie-breaker would go down to divisional record and then conference record or common games- I'm not sure which.

TLO
11-29-2015, 03:46 PM
They could certainly lose 2 more easily with New England, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh still on the schedule.

Tie-breaker would go down to divisional record and then conference record or common games- I'm not sure which.

I THINK it's conference games after that.

ThaVirus
11-29-2015, 03:47 PM

I was fairly certain of that as well, but recently someone posted that it went to common games after divisional games.

I think it was a Broncos fan. Mile High Mania.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-29-2015, 03:54 PM

Yup. So our 3 losses to the NFC North won't hurt us

Rausch
11-29-2015, 03:55 PM
Yup. So our 3 losses to the NFC North won't hurt us

We have BEATEN all AFC teams that matter on our schedule!

The Cinci loss doesn't matter because they'll get a bye round 1!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-29-2015, 03:55 PM

Exactly. I don't see Denver's defense playing that inspired if they can't get a groove going on offense.

rabblerouser
11-29-2015, 04:49 PM

To be fair, the Bills went away from throwing to Watty at all in the 2nd half...

TimBone
11-29-2015, 04:57 PM
Ahhh. Thanks. How was thanksgiving Tbone
I was sick, but I'll live.

TimBone
11-29-2015, 04:59 PM

Yep. I knew in the first quarter that Alex was going to have to win this game with his arm.....and to be honest, I gave up pretty quick. Even started doing some light work around the house and watching from a distance. That fucker fought back and pulled it off, though. Props to Alex Smith.

TimBone
11-29-2015, 05:00 PM

And I agree with this as well.

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 05:26 PM
Smith dropping dimes today

TLO
11-29-2015, 05:29 PM

Gotta take care of business against the Raiders, but your statement rings mostly true.

FringeNC
11-29-2015, 05:34 PM
I was fairly certain of that as well, but recently someone posted that it went to common games after divisional games.

I think it was a Broncos fan. Mile High Mania.

It's common games. To get past Denver, they're going to have to lose a division game.