Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

BryanBusby
12-02-2015, 11:57 AM
I don't read TigerBoard. What is it?
An aids dumpster fire from 1997.

Sully
12-02-2015, 11:58 AM
I don't read TigerBoard. What is it?

I just started a couple of days ago. It's so inconceivable that I'm embarrassed to admit the rumor, but it's just a huge name.

kepp
12-02-2015, 11:59 AM
I just started a couple of days ago. It's so inconceivable that I'm embarrassed to admit the rumor, but it's just a huge name.

A huge name in the coaching search?

Sully
12-02-2015, 12:00 PM
A huge name in the coaching search?

Yeah.

But it's as delusional as the Harbaugh to kU rumors from a few years ago. It's fun to dream, though.

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Yeah.

But it's as delusional as the Harbaugh to kU rumors from a few years ago. It's fun to dream, though.

I thought you meant a rumor about Pinkel, a la, the real reason he resigned is because he's banging another KOMU weather girl.

OnTheWarpath15
Just saw a tweet saying Dykes is the hire. Can't embed from phone. Dave Matter unable to confirm.

siberian khatru
Yeah.

Patterson or Shaw?

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Just saw a tweeting saying Dykes is the hire. Can't embed from phone. Dave Matter unable to confirm.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Football coach Sonny Dykes, who brought Cal from nowhere to 7-5 in three years, is history. He&#39;ll sign as new coach of Mizzou shortly.</p>&mdash; Chris Preimesberger (@editingwhiz) <a href="https://twitter.com/editingwhiz/status/672102533205102592">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OnTheWarpath15
12-02-2015, 12:04 PM
That's the one.

BryanBusby
Just saw a tweet saying Dykes is the hire. Can't embed from phone. Dave Matter unable to confirm.

Lmao

siberian khatru
Chris Preimesberger is a San Fran-based "Editor, Features & Analysis at eWEEK, covering IT business/innovation since 1995 & NCAA hoops for The AP since 1983. Creator of eWEEK Innovation site."

Sully
I thought you meant a rumor about Pinkel, a la, the real reason he resigned is because he's banging another KOMU weather girl.

No. Same initials.

Sully

Fuck

kepp
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Football coach Sonny Dykes, who brought Cal from nowhere to 7-5 in three years, is history. He&#39;ll sign as new coach of Mizzou shortly.</p>&mdash; Chris Preimesberger (@editingwhiz) <a href="https://twitter.com/editingwhiz/status/672102533205102592">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

Not sure how to feel about that.

OnTheWarpath15
12-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Chris Preimesberger is a San Fran-based "Editor, Features & Analysis at eWEEK, covering IT business/innovation since 1995 & NCAA hoops for The AP since 1983. Creator of eWEEK Innovation site."

So, bullshit?

Sully
Patterson or Shaw?

First one.

I would need a change of pants.

siberian khatru
So, bullshit?

No idea. Maybe he's a big Cal booster who would know.

OnTheWarpath15
12-02-2015, 12:07 PM
No idea. Maybe he's a big Cal booster who would know.

I assumed he was somebody even remotely in the know if Matter bothered to respond to it. Who knows.

kepp
12-02-2015, 12:07 PM
This is why I always feel like there's a giant grand piano dangling above my head when Mizzou is searching for a coach. I'm afraid to look up, knowing I'll eventually be crushed.

OnTheWarpath15
12-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Matter tweets that if true, Mizzou would be breaking protocol, as curators typically announce a meeting to approve contract.

Sully
12-02-2015, 12:11 PM
I hope it's not true. I hate the idea of that hire.

BryanBusby
12-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Agreements can be made early, in principle, until a deal is approved.

kepp
12-02-2015, 12:14 PM
From a KC Star article (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/campus-corner/article47488195.html):

Dykes was a candidate at Houston in 2011 and 2014 when Tony Levine and Tom Herman were hired instead.

So he has a recent connection to Rhoades.

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:15 PM
I hope it's not true. I hate the idea of that hire.

All I really know about him is: 1) I keep wanting to call him Spike; 2) he runs a version of the Air Raid, which Hal Mumme had some success with in the SEC (thanks, Tim Couch!).

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:15 PM
From a KC Star article (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/campus-corner/article47488195.html):

So he has a recent connection to Rhoades.

:hmmm:

OnTheWarpath15
12-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Matter has been told the report is not accurate.

ChiefsCountry
12-02-2015, 12:18 PM
TigerBoard is were all the posters are spawn of Prison Bitch, CoMo, and Hootie all wrapped into one.

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m told that report on Sonny Dykes signing with Missouri is incorrect</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/672116968992952321">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

Of course, the key word there is "signing."

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:19 PM
TigerBoard is were all the posters are spawn of Prison Bitch, CoMo, and Hootie all wrapped into one.

When I go over there, I feel like I have to take a shower afterward.

When I go to Rock M Nation, I feel like I need to go to Bourbon Street afterward and drink and cuss and whore it up.

OnTheWarpath15
12-02-2015, 12:20 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m told that report on Sonny Dykes signing with Missouri is incorrect</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/672116968992952321">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

Of course, the key word there is "signing."

LMAO

Good point.

BryanBusby
12-02-2015, 12:21 PM
While not likely, this could be a ploy to get Cal to extend his contract. Would figure recruiting would suck asshole as a lame duck.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2015, 12:23 PM
Can't say I'd be too enthused for Dykes.

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Gabe at PowerMizzou has Willie Taggart of South Florida "Trending Up" on his Coaching Hot Board.

Now that seems like a Frank Haith hire.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Gabe at PowerMizzou has Willie Taggart of South Florida "Trending Up" on his Coaching Hot Board.

Now that seems like a Frank Haith hire.

I'd rather hire Sgt. Taggart from Beverly Hills Cop

Dr. Gigglepants
12-02-2015, 12:29 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As with <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter">@Dave_Matter</a>, I&#39;m hearing that the report Sonny Dykes is close to signing with Mizzou is not true.</p>&mdash; Tod Palmer (@todpalmer) <a href="https://twitter.com/todpalmer/status/672117676089585664">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:29 PM
I'd rather hire Sgt. Taggart from Beverly Hills Cop

I'd rather hire Dagny Taggart. We could become the first Objectivist football team.

BryanBusby
12-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Just a hunch, but I think the actual hire is somebody not expected at all.

I'd look at a squad playing this weekend for a hint.

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Just a hunch, but I think the actual hire is somebody not expected at all.

I'd look at a squad playing this weekend for a hint.

So you're saying it's Gary Patterson?

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sonny Dykes to Mizzou has not happened. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen. My understanding is the interview went well but no offer yet.</p>&mdash; Dieter Kurtenbach (@dkurtenbach) <a href="https://twitter.com/dkurtenbach/status/672122357285150720">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

Note: He's the "Senior Staff Writer & talker @KNBR following the Warriors, 49ers, Giants, Stanford, Cal, and anything else interesting in Bay Area sports."

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:46 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source tells me Barry Odom to Memphis looking good now. Think is going to happen.</p>&mdash; Chris Vernon (@ChrisVernonShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisVernonShow/status/672121326224596992">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

"The Chris Vernon Show is on 92.9 FM ESPN from 11a-2p in Memphis."

siberian khatru
12-02-2015, 12:47 PM
I guess that could indicate that Rhoades has his guy, and Barry ain't it.

BryanBusby
12-02-2015, 12:54 PM
So you're saying it's Gary Patterson?
If MU put enough money on the table, sure. Doubt they will.

Odom was never a serious candidate imo

Jerm
12-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Pretty obvious they're targeting someone involved in this weekends games...Fedora? Someone else?

Sully
12-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Pretty obvious they're targeting someone involved in this weekends games...Fedora? Someone else?

If I had to lay money on it, i'd say either Fedora or babers.

Still holding out hope for Herman, though...

Mizzou_8541
12-03-2015, 09:39 AM
If I had to lay money on it, i'd say either Fedora or babers.

Still holding out hope for Herman, though...

I would be underwhelmed with Babers. I'd be happy with Fedora but ecstatic with Hermann. That being said, I'm not very educated about any of the three.

Jerm
12-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Fedora is by far the best hire we can make right now realistically IMO...I've already counted hiring Herman out.

Sully
12-03-2015, 09:55 AM
I would be underwhelmed with Babers. I'd be happy with Fedora but ecstatic with Hermann. That being said, I'm not very educated about any of the three.
I agree. And other than Herman (and not counting a surprise name hire ) Fedora and Odom are close to even, AFAIC.

nychief
12-03-2015, 10:01 AM
What don't you guys like about babers?

Sully
12-03-2015, 10:03 AM
I don't dislike him, and I like him far more than other names out there (Dykes, etc). It's just not a hire I'll be excited about.

Mizzou_8541
12-03-2015, 10:09 AM
I don't dislike him, and I like him far more than other names out there (Dykes, etc). It's just not a hire I'll be excited about.

Same here.

duncan_idaho
12-03-2015, 10:12 AM

Babers and Dykes have the same issues: Both have had horrid defenses since becoming HCs.

Now, some could say that's a reflection of resources and assistant coach availability/hiring. And that might be right.

But it also could just be that those guys' programs set Ds up to fail.

Jerm
12-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Babers and Dykes have the same issues: Both have had horrid defenses since becoming HCs.

Now, some could say that's a reflection of resources and assistant coach availability/hiring. And that might be right.

But it also could just be that those guys' programs set Ds up to fail.

You heard anything else?

They're targeting a championship game coach right? I mean if it were Odom...he'd have it already right?

duncan_idaho
12-03-2015, 10:24 AM
You heard anything else?

They're targeting a championship game coach right? I mean if it were Odom...he'd have it already right?

That is my assumption.

I still think Rhoades' actions this week smack either of 1) A smoke screen to hide interest in the real top choice; 2) Incompetence.

I don't believe he's incompetent, so 1) makes more sense to me.

I don't think anybody other than Mack Rhoades and maybe a few of his closest confidants have any idea what's going on. Everyone I talk to is confused.

Jerm
12-03-2015, 10:32 AM
That is my assumption.

I still think Rhoades' actions this week smack either of 1) A smoke screen to hide interest in the real top choice; 2) Incompetence.

I don't think anybody other than Mack Rhoades and maybe a few of his closest confidants have any idea what's going on. Everyone I talk to is confused.

Makes a lot of sense...the Calhoun, Bobo, etc. stories never really added up.

I do think he's going to make a surprise hire whoever it is...

DJ's left nut
12-03-2015, 10:44 AM
That is my assumption.

What about 3) Out of his depth.

This is the SEC; its big boy football. And he's still out there beating the bushes for under the radar coaches like he's back at Houston and has to find unheralded guys on the cheap. He's approaching this like he would have at a smaller school that doesn't have the resources and conference cache that Mizzou has.

Finally, I'm not going to dismiss Incompetence out of hand either. Extending Tim Jamieson and not moving on from Kim Anderson has put a damn foul taste in my mouth. Thus far he's had 2 decisions by which to judge his tenure here and I believe he's made the wrong call both times.

If forced to make a decision, I'd say he's just fucking this up. This feels so much like the Pioli/Haley hire that it's terrifying. Everyone kept saying "don' worry, Pioli knows what he's doing" even though he'd never assembled a coaching staff. When the good candidates went off the board, we started saying things like "well it's clear his real candidate just isn't available yet....just wait". Then everything kept falling through and he hired a golfer as his head coach.

I turned on Pioli as soon as that Haley hire was made because it told me that the guy had been Peter Principled. Rhoades had better damn well pull a rabbit out of his hat because right now this has the same feel.

Jerm
12-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Petro trying to make the case for Schiano...ehhhh....

Al Bundy
12-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Petro trying to make the case for Schiano...ehhhh....

Here is what I will say about Schiano. Under his watch Lavonte David had his best seasons. Josh Freeman fucked him and he treated grown men like they were college kids. MU could do worse. He made Rutgers viable.

Jerm
12-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Here is what I will say about Schiano. Under his watch Lavonte David had his best seasons. Josh Freeman fucked him and he treated grown men like they were college kids. MU could do worse. He made Rutgers viable.

True and I do think he's better suited for the college game...I mean I wouldn't hate the hire.

KChiefs1
12-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Keitzman thinks it's Herman.

Saul Good
12-03-2015, 02:50 PM
I would be shocked if it's Herman.

Saul Good
12-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Keitzman thinks it's Herman.

No he doesn't. He loves to act like Mizzou is about to do something great so he can crush them if they don't. He's done this for years.

Pepe Silvia
12-03-2015, 02:57 PM
They're going to hire a bum and we all know it.

kepp
12-03-2015, 03:00 PM
They're going to hire a bum and we all know it.

Yeah. I'm trying to not get my hopes up.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2015, 03:12 PM
No he doesn't. He loves to act like Mizzou is about to do something great so he can crush them if they don't. He's done this for years.

Yeup.

And when it's not Herman, he'll raise a fuss about how he was right there for the taking and Mizzou clearly wasn't interested or didn't make a strong enough push for him.

Herman's just not looking to move right now. He's waiting for Texas to open up and that's just tough breaks for Mizzou. If he were job hunting right now, I think MU would be in the driver's seat for him.

He's not. Can't fault Mizzou for that.

Saul Good
12-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Yeup.

And when it's not Herman, he'll raise a fuss about how he was right there for the taking and Mizzou clearly wasn't interested or didn't make a strong enough push for him.

Herman's just not looking to move right now. He's waiting for Texas to open up and that's just tough breaks for Mizzou. If he were job hunting right now, I think MU would be in the driver's seat for him.

He's not. Can't fault Mizzou for that.

Texas isn't hiring him...not for several years, anyway. Even if Strong leaves, they don't have to hire a coach on the come. They'll be aiming at a Chip Kelly or someone similar.

Mizzou just isn't a particularly attractive job right now. Odom will be a solid hire given the circumstances.

duncan_idaho
12-03-2015, 05:20 PM
So... a BoC meeting was supposed to happen tomorrow, but now is moved back.

Inderdasting. Vewwy inderdasting.

It makes me the optimist of this group of Mizzou fans, but the only thing that makes sense is that the new coach is coaching in a championship game this weekend, and Rhoades doesn't want it to leak beforehand.

That, to me, means it's someone worth keeping secret. I don't think Babers/Calhoun qualify. To me, it's Herman or Fedora.

If we get to Sunday/Monday, and Odom is announced, that means - I think - that Rhoades waited until after the title game for an answer from his top guy, before coming back to his plan b.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2015, 05:28 PM
So... a BoC meeting was supposed to happen tomorrow, but now is moved back.

Inderdasting. Vewwy inderdasting.

It makes me the optimist of this group of Mizzou fans, but the only thing that makes sense is that the new coach is coaching in a championship game this weekend, and Rhoades doesn't want it to leak beforehand.

That, to me, means it's someone worth keeping secret. I don't think Babers/Calhoun qualify. To me, it's Herman or Fedora.

If we get to Sunday/Monday, and Odom is announced, that means - I think - that Rhoades waited until after the title game for an answer from his top guy, before coming back to his plan b.

I've heard that Odom gave Mizzou 48 hours to give him an answer yesterday.

Granted, most of what we hear now is bullshit, but it makes sense. If the Memphis offer is there, Odom has to strike while the iron is hot. Memphis is a perfect opportunity for him. If Mizzou isn't his, he'll not get a better offer than Memphis.

Jerm
12-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Rich Rodriguez supposedly to meet with USC junior now...if Fedora is indeed the target, looks like there isn't much competition...

Jerm
12-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Chris Landry is saying he thinks it'll be Odom...just can't imagine this went on this long if he's the guy.

Would be completely underwhelmed...

GloucesterChief
12-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Rich Rodriguez supposedly to meet with USC junior now...if Fedora is indeed the target, looks like there isn't much competition...

That is a step down from Zona. Not to mention having to deal with Clemson in your pipeline states.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Chris Landry is saying he thinks it'll be Odom...just can't imagine this went on this long if he's the guy.

Would be completely underwhelmed...

Would you rather have Sonny Dykes?

I'm so used to taking nutshots from these coaching searches that a candidate like Odom would be a goddamned miracle.

BryanBusby
12-03-2015, 06:06 PM
That is a step down from Zona. Not to mention having to deal with Clemson in your pipeline states.
Not really. South Carolina is a step up from Arizona, although you could debate that it's a small one (spoiler: It probably is).

More money, better facilities, SE recruiting pipeline.

Also think he would prefer to be recruiting mostly in his old stomping grounds again.

Jerm
12-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Would you rather have Sonny Dykes?

I'm so used to taking nutshots from these coaching searches that a candidate like Odom would be a goddamned miracle.

Fair point lol.....

Just wonder how Odom would transition to HC...be interesting to see who would be his OC.

Jerm
12-03-2015, 06:09 PM
@UofMemphisPres: Hired a great football coach today.
Details to follow, presser tomorrow 430.

The plot thickens.....

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Mike Norvell going to Memphis.

Reaper16
12-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Welp Mizzou is either hiring Odom or they're burning a bridge with Odom.

BryanBusby
12-03-2015, 07:50 PM
No idea why they would delay this whole thing if Odom is the guy.

They might be torching a bridge.

siberian khatru
12-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Team meeting tonight. It's Odom.

Al Bundy
12-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Looks like it is Odom... according to Dearmond.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2015, 08:07 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash">#Mizzou</a> Football Announces Barry Odom as its 32nd Head Football Coach <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MizzouMade39?src=hash">#MizzouMade39</a>

<a href="https://t.co/aMRFKnki62">https://t.co/aMRFKnki62</a> <a href="https://t.co/E4mMPdcKul">pic.twitter.com/E4mMPdcKul</a></p>&mdash; Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball/status/672597683090014208">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2015, 08:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Barry Odom has agreed to a five-year contract to become Mizzou&#39;s head coach. Curators will vote to approve figures at next week&#39;s meeting</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/672598550681907200">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

siberian khatru
12-03-2015, 08:21 PM
"Thank you for this opportunity. My first official act is to tell Josh Henson and A.J. Ricker to hit the bricks."

BryanBusby
12-03-2015, 08:26 PM
They could have done better and they could have done worse.

The hire is meh, but will see what moves Odom makes. Will come down to the assistants.

Throwing out Ricker will be a good start.

WhawhaWhat
12-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Is this a sign that Mizzou is toxic and couldn't get anyone else to take the job? Seems like Odom could have been hired 10 days ago.

Pepe Silvia
12-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Is this a sign that Mizzou is toxic and couldn't get anyone else to take the job? Seems like Odom could have been hired 10 days ago.

Sure does, with the hoops program destroyed as well I think most of the fan base and boosters will move on. This program is now SMU. RIP

BryanBusby
12-03-2015, 08:37 PM
I think you have to wonder. I'd be surprised if Kul stays around and if he goes so does Dline U.

duncan_idaho
12-03-2015, 08:37 PM
My take:
Barry Odom is not my first choice. But if Rhoades couldn't pull Herman or Fedora (and I don't think this goes this long
If he isn't waiting for word from one of those guys.

Odom is my favorite pick from the rest of the candidates.

He's going to put together a strong staff.

Hill and Walters will stay. The rest will hit the bricks.

The OC will be Seth Luttrell of UNC unless he takes a HC job.

Josh Heupel and Sonny Cumbie are the backups.

Odom will call plays on D, which encourages me.

Overall, I'm excited to see the staff he puts together. Could see Grinch coming back.

SAUTO
12-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Sure does, with the hoops program destroyed as well I think most of the fan base and boosters will move on. This program is now SMU. RIP

I heard one booster took the university out of his will

Sully
12-03-2015, 08:40 PM
I'm very pleased with this hire. Only thing that we know is lacking is experience as a HC, but by all accounts he is a leader, is organized, a great recruiter, and innovative/creative. I'm interested in who his offensive hires will be, but aside from maybe Herman, or some huge name, this is about the best case, IMO. Like I saod earlier today, I had Odom and Fedora about even as far as who I'd want.

BryanBusby
12-03-2015, 08:46 PM
PM saying Kul is gone

WhawhaWhat
12-03-2015, 08:46 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Kentrell_Mizzou">@Kentrell_Mizzou</a> picked up his 153rd tackle of the year when hearing <a href="https://twitter.com/Coach_Odom">@Coach_Odom</a> would be <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash">#Mizzou</a>&#39;s next coach!
<a href="https://t.co/PSXG2narwo">https://t.co/PSXG2narwo</a></p>&mdash; Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball/status/672604709371310082">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Sully
12-03-2015, 08:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Kentrell_Mizzou">@Kentrell_Mizzou</a> picked up his 153rd tackle of the year when hearing <a href="https://twitter.com/Coach_Odom">@Coach_Odom</a> would be <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash">#Mizzou</a>&#39;s next coach!
<a href="https://t.co/PSXG2narwo">https://t.co/PSXG2narwo</a></p>— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball/status/672604709371310082">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
Just saw that.
That's awesome.

WhawhaWhat
12-03-2015, 08:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Appreciative of the past and extremely excited for the future with Coach Odom and this team!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MIZZOUMADE?src=hash">#MIZZOUMADE</a></p>&mdash; Drew Lock (@DrewLock23) <a href="https://twitter.com/DrewLock23/status/672608408055353344">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Pitt Gorilla
12-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Sure does, with the hoops program destroyed as well I think most of the fan base and boosters will move on. This program is now SMU. RIPSeriously, just stop. Everyone gets that you hate Mizzou.

Pitt Gorilla
12-03-2015, 09:08 PM
<a href="https://t.co/PSXG2narwo">https://t.co/PSXG2narwo</a></p>&mdash; Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball/status/672604709371310082">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>I think that sums it up pretty well.

Discuss Thrower
12-03-2015, 09:28 PM
PM saying Kul is gone

sigh

Reaper16
12-03-2015, 09:29 PM
This would have felt a lot better a week ago. And losing Kul, apparently?, is a huge blow. But otherwise I like this hire quite a bit.

duncan_idaho
12-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Kul leaving if Odom was the coach has been a foregone conclusion for a while.

The only way he stayed was as DC for a new blood coach, and even that was an extreme long shot.

Hopefully, Ivey and the new strength coach can keep things going.

It's also not like Odom is unaware of what they look for in DEs. If Kul was the sole DE recruiter, it would be one thing. He isn't, it is shared, so everyone knows what they're looking for.

WhawhaWhat
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Quick thought before I write: I expect Andy Hill &amp; Ryan Walters to be back under Odom at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash">#Mizzou</a>. Craig Kuligowski maybe too. Not much more.</p>&mdash; Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) <a href="https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/672618906163392512">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

baitism
Kul was leaving regardless of who was hired.

Mizzou_8541
12-03-2015, 09:48 PM

Jesus, dude. Odom may end up sucking, but for fuck's sake it's not like we just hired Kim Anderson. He's a highly respected coach in line for HC positions and big time DC positions. Give the guy and chance.

NewChief
12-03-2015, 09:49 PM
I think you have to wonder. I'd be surprised if Kul stays around and if he goes so does Dline U.

Bielema and Pinkel met at a coffee shop in Denver today. Speculation that Bielema was talking with Pinkel about Kul as a hire.

BryanBusby
12-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Bielema and Pinkel met at a coffee shop in Denver today. Speculation that Bielema was talking with Pinkel about Kul as a hire.
It would be a great hire for Arkansas.

Reaper16
12-03-2015, 10:04 PM

The only way he stayed was as DC for a new blood coach, and even that was an extreme long shot.

It's also not like Odom is unaware of what they look for in DEs. If Kul was the sole DE recruiter, it would be one thing. He isn't, it is shared, so everyone knows what they're looking for.

Knowing what to look for in an athletic 2- or 3-star DE & being able to coax the production out of that raw talent are different things, no?

duncan_idaho
12-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Knowing what to look for in an athletic 2- or 3-star DE & being able to coax the production out of that raw talent are different things, no?

Most of it is identifying guys you can work up with high level S&C work, identifying guys who have the athletic attributes (quickness, hip flex, ability to bend the edge, arm length, frame, etc).

Coaching technique is the finishing aspect. Kul is really good, but its not like this is ALL his coaching.

NewChief
12-03-2015, 10:11 PM
It was CoMO not colorado. My bad. Bielema was supposedly on recruiting visit with Hayden Johnson and meeting was random.

BryanBusby
12-03-2015, 10:12 PM

Finding a kid is only a small part of the process. Being able to take a more unknown talent and turn them into an NFL product is what made the difference.

If he follows through with it, and probably will, losing Kul is a crushing blow to the program.

They are pushing out the best assistant on the staff for an unknown.

Most of it is identifying guys you can work up with high level S&C work, identifying guys who have the athletic attributes (quickness, hip flex, ability to bend the edge, arm length, frame, etc).

Coaching technique is the finishing aspect. Kul is really good, but its not like this is ALL his coaching.
Developing technique is the most important aspect. Not the cherry on top.

Jerm
12-03-2015, 10:16 PM
Gotta nail the OC hire...I hope they try for Tyson Helton or try to lure away Doug Meachem, doubt either happen.

KChiefs1
12-03-2015, 10:35 PM
No idea why they would delay this whole thing if Odom is the guy.

They might be torching a bridge.

Plan A rejected them.
Plan B rejected them.
Plan C rejected them.
Plan D rejected them.
Plan E said ok.

KChiefs1
12-03-2015, 10:36 PM

Yep

KChiefs1
12-03-2015, 10:38 PM

Razorbacks just got a great coach.

duncan_idaho
12-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Finding a kid is only a small part of the process. Being able to take a more unknown talent and turn them into an NFL product is what made the difference.

If he follows through with it, and probably will, losing Kul is a crushing blow to the program.

They are pushing out the best assistant on the staff for an unknown.

Developing technique is the most important aspect. Not the cherry on top.

That's not what I've been told by college football coaches. Technique is technique. There are differing philosophies, but none are that

Identifying guys and making sure they're developing physically are important. Coaching them up the way they need it is important, too, and is something Kul was great at.

He's a great position coach. He's one of the best. But he isn't an irreplaceable asset, and keeping him is not as important as making a good head coaching hire.

I'd rather have Odom and a new DL coach than Dykes with Kul staying as DC.

ChiTown
12-03-2015, 10:43 PM
I think that sums it up pretty well.

I remember when the Chiefs rallied around Frank Ganz.......

duncan_idaho
12-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Plan A rejected them.
Plan B rejected them.
Plan C rejected them.
Plan D rejected them.
Plan E said ok.

Odom was never below Plan B, from what I have been told. It's hard to say, because Rhoades played this so close to the vest. Personally, I think Herman finally gave him a firm "No, thanks!" and he moved to Odom.

But Herman and Fedora were the only guys out there who were clearly better than them.

If they wanted Campbell/Rhule/Dykes/Wells/Babers one of those guys would be announced on Sunday (if they hadn't been already).

As for OCs, I'm confident about the guys Odom reportedly has lined up. It will be one of Seth Littrell (if he doesn't get a HC job), Josh Heupel, or Sonny Cumbie (if he doesn't become sole OC at TCU, and maybe not over even then).

Odom has a strong list of assistants ready to roll. I'm confident this staff is going to be a strong one.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2015, 02:36 AM
Good God some of you are just fucking miserable. All Odom has done is excel at every job given him, and he's regarded as a good recruiter.

This is a good hire and miles from Kim Anderson.

Sully
12-04-2015, 08:11 AM
Not sure how I feel about yost returning (if that happens).

phisherman
12-04-2015, 08:15 AM

I think it's pretty safe to say the team is excited about it.

Freakin' awesome.

kepp
12-04-2015, 08:17 AM
Not sure how I feel about yost returning (if that happens).

I must have missed that tidbit. Is that a possibility?

Sully
12-04-2015, 08:17 AM
I must have missed that tidbit. Is that a possibility?

I don't know what to believe.

siberian khatru
12-04-2015, 08:21 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MizzouMade70?src=hash">#MizzouMade70</a> Keep Ricker here</p>&mdash; Evan Boehm 7⃣7⃣ (@BIGboehmTHEORY) <a href="https://twitter.com/BIGboehmTHEORY/status/672640206214791168">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Click on this (https://twitter.com/BIGboehmTHEORY/status/672640206214791168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)and read Boehm jawing back and forth with fans.

duncan_idaho
12-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Yost is not returning.

Sounds like Josh Heupel will be the OC next year. He got scapegoated by Stoops after last season, when the Sooners failed to score 30 points only two times.

Littrell is going to get the UNT job.

Heupel is young, good, and a good recruiter. It's a nice fit.

Walters and Hill likely stay, too.

duncan_idaho
12-04-2015, 08:33 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MizzouMade70?src=hash">#MizzouMade70</a> Keep Ricker here</p>&mdash; Evan Boehm 7⃣7⃣ (@BIGboehmTHEORY) <a href="https://twitter.com/BIGboehmTHEORY/status/672640206214791168">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Click on this (https://twitter.com/BIGboehmTHEORY/status/672640206214791168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)and read Boehm jawing back and forth with fans.

Have seen a few rumors that Ricker was restricted by Henson and Pinkel, who were the driving forces behind the playing time guys like Chappel and Mitch Hall received.

Sully
12-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Yost is not returning.

Sounds like Josh Heupel will be the OC next year. He got scapegoated by Stoops after last season, when the Sooners failed to score 30 points only two times.

Littrell is going to get the UNT job.

Heupel is young, good, and a good recruiter. It's a nice fit.

Walters and Hill likely stay, too.

Good news (about Yost returning. I don't know much about huepel)

kepp
12-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Have seen a few rumors that Ricker was restricted by Henson and Pinkel, who were the driving forces behind the playing time guys like Chappel and Mitch Hall received.

Does that make sense though? The two changes from last year to this year were Ricker and OL personnel so one, or both of those took it downhill. Did our OL talent go down that dramatically?

Priest31kc
12-04-2015, 08:53 AM
What kind of offense would Heupel run?

Also, please get rid of Ricker. Or demote him and get a real O-Line coach in here.

Sully
12-04-2015, 08:55 AM

Also, please get rid of Ricker. Or demote him and get a real O-Line coach in here.

Hasn't OU typically run a lot more under center, a TE at times, and a fullback at times, too? Some heavy stuff at the GL?

I'm not sure off the top of my head.

duncan_idaho
12-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Does that make sense though? The two changes from last year to this year were Ricker and OL personnel so one, or both of those took it downhill. Did our OL talent go down that dramatically?

Ricker was the OL coach last season as well. It makes sense to me. Apparently, Ricker had to fight like crazy to get McGovern back to RG last season (which is when the offense/run game started producing), and had his hands tied with McGovern at LT this season.

He also was pushing for more playing time for guys like Kevin Pendleton, but couldn't get it pushed through Henson.

His roots are in the Air Raid spread, which Mike Leach coordinated when Heupel led OU to a national title, but his Os have been more multiple than Henson's.

Sully
12-04-2015, 09:04 AM
http://www.footballxos.com/download/offense/college-offense/1999-Oklahoma-Air-Raid-Mike-Leach.pdf

DJ's left nut
12-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Good God some of you are just fucking miserable. All Odom has done is excel at every job given him, and he's regarded as a good recruiter.

And if we're lucky, we saved enough money on the Odom deal that Rhoades has banked enough coin to fire Anderson and get a real basketball coach in here as well.

Winning all the way around.

Yeah, it's a little underwhelming after having Herman's name tossed out there (and even from Fedora), but it's still a good hire. And if he grabs a few guys like Heupel to build a dynamic, smart young coaching staff, we'd have a foundation to really build on over the coming decade.

It's going to be a bit bumpy at first I would imagine, but unlike Anderson, there's a long time for Odom to grow into this role and the sky really is the limit for the guy.

siberian khatru
12-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Good and bad:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good source tells me only <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash">#Mizzou</a> assistant staying with Odom is Ryan Walters. Fate of analysts/ GAs not yet announced.</p>&mdash; Pete Scantlebury (@PeteScantlebury) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteScantlebury/status/672806925042515968">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Addendum:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Feeling among some in program is that Andy Hill will take Montana State job. We heard he could have stayed.</p>&mdash; Pete Scantlebury (@PeteScantlebury) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteScantlebury/status/672808953969926145">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

NewChief
12-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Do Kuligowski and Odom not get along? I know that Kul was passed over DC job last year and was flirting with Illinois. It seems like Odom could just promote Kul to DC and keep him there?

Saul Good
12-04-2015, 10:13 AM

My problem with it is the fact that he clearly wasn't the guy we targeted, or this would have been done a long time ago. Hell, we could be preparing for a bowl game and getting extra practice time in with him as coach.

Find the guy you want and get him. I don't care if it's $8,000,000 a year. Get your guy. We've got an extra $20,000,000 a year compared to just 5 years ago. What are we saving it for? Our coaches have a combined 12 career wins in basketball and football as D-1 head coaches. I have no problem with Odom. I have a serious problem with the road we took to get here, though.

NewChief
12-04-2015, 10:17 AM
My problem with it is the fact that he clearly wasn't the guy we targeted, or this would have been done a long time ago. Hell, we could be preparing for a bowl game and getting extra practice time in with him as coach.

Find the guy you want and get him. I don't care if it's $8,000,000 a year. Get your guy. We've got an extra $20,000,000 a year compared to just 5 years ago. What are we saving it for? Our coaches have a combined 12 career wins in basketball and football as D-1 head coaches. I have no problem with Odom. I have a serious problem with the road we took to get here, though.

At least they aren't pulling a LSU and talking about it. Freaking LSU AD admitted that they made decision to keep Les Miles during halftime of the LSU/A&M game. WTF? Why would you go public with that? What's next, that they go public with the reason they kept Miles is that Jimbo Fisher turned them down?

I mean, you're probably right that Odom wasn't their first choice, but at least they're leaving that up to inference.

siberian khatru
12-04-2015, 10:50 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As others have reported, I&#39;m told safeties coach Ryan Walters and QBs coach Andy Hill only coaches expected to return on Odom&#39;s staff.</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/672819675533844480">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Also, Mizzou offensive line coach A.J. Ricker confirms that he won&#39;t be back either.</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/672819934531948546">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Pitt Gorilla
12-04-2015, 11:21 AM

Find the guy you want and get him. I don't care if it's $8,000,000 a year. Get your guy. We've got an extra $20,000,000 a year compared to just 5 years ago. What are we saving it for? Our coaches have a combined 12 career wins in basketball and football as D-1 head coaches. I have no problem with Odom. I have a serious problem with the road we took to get here, though.Finding the guy you want and getting him takes due diligence. It, literally, takes time to go out and talk to potential candidates. Some will say no thanks and others will indicate interest. Odom was likely near the top of the list, but I assume they wanted to be sure.

duncan_idaho
12-04-2015, 11:38 AM

Herman was the only guy higher on the list, according to what I was told. Herman gave an official no yesterday, and they moved to Odom.

All the other stuff was just due diligence/obfusucation.

KChiefs1
12-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Odom press conference on 810 now.

Pepe Silvia
12-04-2015, 04:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Also, Mizzou offensive line coach A.J. Ricker confirms that he won&#39;t be back either.</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/672819934531948546">December 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

I already like Odom.

Bowser
12-04-2015, 04:25 PM
Love the player reaction to him walking in the room. And I hope, HOPE Duncan is right saying Huepel is the new offensive coordinator.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2015, 04:30 PM
I think I mentioned this earlier, but for all the praise given to Kuligowski, losing Ricker and Henson alone will more than make up for his absence.

Yes, I may walk with a limp for a while after having a massive tumor resection in my lower leg. I'll take the limp.

Pepe Silvia
12-04-2015, 04:41 PM

This is the first thing that Odom and Rhodes have to put the clamps on. These Mizzou players running their mouths off on twitter looks really bad, and needs to stop right now.

siberian khatru
12-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Cornell Ford is returning. Andy Hill can come back if he doesn't want the Montana St. job.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2015, 04:59 PM
This is the first thing that Odom and Rhodes have to put the clamps on. These Mizzou players running their mouths off on twitter looks really bad, and needs to stop right now.

Yeah.

The best way to get kids to come play for you is to be a red-ass like Kim Anderson and treat them like elementary schoolers.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Cornell Ford is returning. Andy Hill can come back if he doesn't want the Montana St. job.

That's a welcomed surprised, IMO.

Ford is a nice keep; seems that he's always been a solid recruiter and despite a really disappointing season from Kenya Dennis, I think Ford has generally done very good work with the CBs.

I suspect we'll lose Hill. We aren't going to make him the OC and I don't imagine he's done anything this year to improve his stock. I don't think the offense's failings have been his fault, but being the QB coach attached to this trainwreck can't be good for your stock.

Unless he thinks Lock can really explode next year and elevate him to the next tier of coaching candidates (unlikely given his lack of coordinator experience), this is probably the best he'll do. I think he'd be wise to take it.

Pepe Silvia
12-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Yeah.

The best way to get kids to come play for you is to be a red-ass like Kim Anderson and treat them like elementary schoolers.

Comparing that to Kim Andersons meaningless punishments is laughable, not even close to the same thing. Players fighting with the fans on twitter will really help recruiting. Not.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Comparing that to Kim Andersons meaningless punishments is laughable, not even close to the same thing.

Yes it is.

Being heavy handed to kids for speaking on social media is going to be viewed in the same light as suspending them for various indiscretions.

It's going to make him look like a red ass and it's going to hurt like hell when he's trying to get guys to play here. A coach can do that after he's established himself, but when you're trying to prove you can win at this level, you're not going to get anyone to come play for you if you are also playing the role of the draconian buzzkill that won't let his players (college kids) do what every other college kid in the country is doing..

Pepe Silvia
12-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Yes it is.

Being heavy handed to kids for speaking on social media is going to be viewed in the same light as suspending them for various indiscretions.

It's going to make him look like a red ass and it's going to hurt like hell when he's trying to get guys to play here. A coach can do that after he's established himself, but when you're trying to prove you can win at this level, you're not going to get anyone to come play for you if you are also playing the role of the draconian buzzkill that won't let his players (college kids) do what every other college kid in the country is doing..

So slouching in your chair and dress code is the same as players berating fans/vice versa?

DJ's left nut
12-04-2015, 05:14 PM
So slouching in your chair and dress code is the same as players berating fans/vice versa?

When you're talking to 18 yr olds? Yeah.

Teenagers don't let you fuck around with their social media. Now the blowback wouldn't be quite as bad, but it also wouldn't need to be given the level of recruiting that Mizzou needs to sustain.

It would absolutely have a chilling effect if it were to be done at all publicly. Now, if they quietly emphasize with position coaches that "hey, get your boys to chill a little bit" and let the position coaches handle it, that would probably work pretty well.

But Odom's in a new world here; he really does need to tread lightly, IMO.

BryanBusby
12-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Trying to censor kids sounds like a hella dumb idea.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Odom got the job Tuesday night. They interviewed his wife and kids on KRCG, kids said they had to stay home from school to avoid letting it leak.

patteeu
12-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Trying to censor kids sounds like a hella dumb idea.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DwxqKtQaRpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

siberian khatru
12-04-2015, 06:28 PM
I made the mistake of listening to Kietzman and Clinkscale talk about the Odom hire today. Good Christ, why do I do that to myself?

Al Bundy
12-04-2015, 06:31 PM
I made the mistake of listening to Kietzman and Clinkscale talk about the Odom hire today. Good Christ, why do I do that to myself?

They are Big 12 homers, they want MU out of the Kansas City market in the worst way.

siberian khatru
12-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Per Gabe, Hill is staying

Al Bundy
12-04-2015, 06:37 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Missouri assistant coach Andy Hill confirms that he is staying at Mizzou on the staff</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/672933964420657152">December 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

siberian khatru
12-04-2015, 06:41 PM
So we've retained our KC and St. Louis recruiters, which is good to know

Dr. Gigglepants
12-04-2015, 07:25 PM

I swear when I turned it on I heard KK say "If Odom is a good coach he'll have success at Mizzou, but if not - Ohh boy it could go south quick." (or something very close to that)

Really? Great analysis there all-star broadcaster.

The guy is a Mizzou troll and shouldn't be taken seriously by Mizzou fans for 1 second. As soon as someone said yesterday that he was "expecting Herman" it became obvious he was doing what he always does. He always says he "expects" MU to do the best possible thing so he can roast us when we don't. He's done it forever and Saul nailed it yesterday when he said that.

Fucking beaker trash Fescoe is less of a Mizzou troll these days than KK.

KChiefs1
12-04-2015, 07:46 PM
I made the mistake of listening to Kietzman and Clinkscale talk about the Odom hire today.

Like pain?

KChiefs1
12-04-2015, 07:48 PM
So we've retained our KC and St. Louis recruiters, which is good to know

Anything on Coach Kul?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2015, 08:20 PM
You know who else prohibited his players from using Twitter?

Turner Gill.

Pitt Gorilla
12-04-2015, 08:28 PM
You know who else prohibited his players from using Twitter?

Turner Gill.
First thing I thought of as well. Packer is an idiot beaker troll. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sully
12-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Boehm is no longer a Mizzou player. What do you expect them to do to stop him from expressing his opinion?

Mosbonian
12-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Not really. South Carolina is a step up from Arizona, although you could debate that it's a small one (spoiler: It probably is).

More money, better facilities, SE recruiting pipeline.

Also think he would prefer to be recruiting mostly in his old stomping grounds again.

About 1/3 right....better facilities. Clemson has owned South Carolina in the recruiting wars over the last 5 years and it has showed in the last couple of seasons.

Here in Columbia the Gamecock faithful are angry and restless over not already having a coach. Many believe that SC is losing its luster.

Mosbonian
12-05-2015, 01:39 PM

No.....and it seems that MU probably wanted to look like they were going thru a process to make sure that they don't hear crap later for not doing a real search and pre-ordaining Odom the choice.

Mosbonian
12-05-2015, 01:40 PM

Seriously....you need meds.

Mosbonian
12-05-2015, 01:41 PM
My take:
Barry Odom is not my first choice. But if Rhoades couldn't pull Herman or Fedora (and I don't think this goes this long
If he isn't waiting for word from one of those guys.

Odom is my favorite pick from the rest of the candidates.

He's going to put together a strong staff.

Hill and Walters will stay. The rest will hit the bricks.

The OC will be Seth Luttrell of UNC unless he takes a HC job.

Josh Heupel and Sonny Cumbie are the backups.

Odom will call plays on D, which encourages me.

Overall, I'm excited to see the staff he puts together. Could see Grinch coming back.

This....

Mosbonian
12-05-2015, 01:46 PM
This would have felt a lot better a week ago.

Save for the fact that we probably would have heard from the PC crowd that they didn't do a full search and give other candidates the opportunity to be interviewed.

BryanBusby
12-05-2015, 03:11 PM
About 1/3 right....better facilities. Clemson has owned South Carolina in the recruiting wars over the last 5 years and it has showed in the last couple of seasons.

Here in Columbia the Gamecock faithful are angry and restless over not already having a coach. Many believe that SC is losing its luster.
SC has more money for the program than Arizona. As for recruiting, a lot of that came down to Spurdog not giving a shut on the recruiting trail. When he gave a shit, they landed talent like Clowney.

Having Arizona State and several California schools not far away must suck in the recruiting process. I'd probably chose a California school or party U (ASU) over them.

The bif problem with them right now is the fact that they've got an AD that's totally fucking clueless. I think they promoted a baseball or softball coach?

They had two months to form a list, so this hire should have been completed within a week. Being nearly the first team with an opening and will be the last team to fill it, at this rate, shows how incompetent they are.

Mosbonian
12-05-2015, 04:22 PM
SC has more money for the program than Arizona. As for recruiting, a lot of that came down to Spurdog not giving a shut on the recruiting trail. When he gave a shit, they landed talent like Clowney.

Having Arizona State and several California schools not far away must suck in the recruiting process. I'd probably chose a California school or party U (ASU) over them.

The bif problem with them right now is the fact that they've got an AD that's totally ****ing clueless. I think they promoted a baseball or softball coach?

They had two months to form a list, so this hire should have been completed within a week. Being nearly the first team with an opening and will be the last team to fill it, at this rate, shows how incompetent they are.

Having a lot of money won't always help, and the difference in $$'s between Clemson and SC isn't that much.

As for recruiting.....you are right, Spurrier spent little to no time recruiting, save for the big recruits like Clowney, Lattimore, and Jeffreys. In fact I'm not sure how they got Pharoah Cooper to come there. And in doing so he has pretty much crippled the Gamecocks...

If you listen to the locals, at the beginning of the process that SC was the #2 opening in the nation in regards to the Head Coach search. They put themselves ahead of everyone but USC-West. Some believe the University just believed that after USC chose their coach whomever was next in line would immediately line up to come to SC.

Now....is seems many of the faithful believe that Muschamp will be the inevitable candidate.

Mosbonian
12-05-2015, 04:23 PM
And yes....they promoted their old Baseball coach to AD....Ray Tanner.

Mizzou_8541
12-05-2015, 05:07 PM
Do Kuligowski and Odom not get along? I know that Kul was passed over DC job last year and was flirting with Illinois. It seems like Odom could just promote Kul to DC and keep him there?
I didn't see where anyone answered your question. For whatever it's worth, I've read on PowerMizzou that at first the relationship was contentious. Kul has been with Pinkel for 20+ years and here's this guy, many years his junior, who is now his boss. I think they figured out how to work with each other but I wouldn't say they didn't "get along." It also seems like he's maybe immature. For example, when the search was ongoing he removed any references of Mizzou from his Twitter account, was a bit of a diva, etc. Again, this is just what I read from people who seem to know what they are talking about. It seems like he was upset he was never promoted, and probably feels like this is a good time to move on.

The feeling is he could be a DC for a struggling small school or lat move into the same position. My personal thoughts are our success can be attributed to scouting, and development from Ivey. For all I know, Kul could be the DLman whisperer.

Sully
12-05-2015, 05:23 PM
I didn't see where anyone answered your question. For whatever it's worth, I've read on PowerMizzou that at first the relationship was contentious. Kul has been with Pinkel for 20+ years and here's this guy, many years his junior, who is now his boss. I think they figured out how to work with each other but I wouldn't say they didn't "get along." It also seems like he's maybe immature. For example, when the search was ongoing he removed any references of Mizzou from his Twitter account, was a bit of a diva, etc. Again, this is just what I read from people who seem to know what they are talking about. It seems like he was upset he was never promoted, and probably feels like this is a good time to move on.

The feeling is he could be a DC for a struggling small school or lat move into the same position. My personal thoughts are our success can be attributed to scouting, and development from Ivey. For all I know, Kul could be the DLman whisperer.
I'm not sure who you are talking about in the middle of this post. Kul or Odom?

Mizzou_8541
12-05-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure who you are talking about in the middle of this post. Kul or Odom?

Sorry. I was mostly talking about Kul. I only referenced Odom as his much younger boss.

BryanBusby
12-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Having a lot of money won't always help, and the difference in $$'s between Clemson and SC isn't that much.

As for recruiting.....you are right, Spurrier spent little to no time recruiting, save for the big recruits like Clowney, Lattimore, and Jeffreys. In fact I'm not sure how they got Pharoah Cooper to come there. And in doing so he has pretty much crippled the Gamecocks...

If you listen to the locals, at the beginning of the process that SC was the #2 opening in the nation in regards to the Head Coach search. They put themselves ahead of everyone but USC-West. Some believe the University just believed that after USC chose their coach whomever was next in line would immediately line up to come to SC.

Now....is seems many of the faithful believe that Muschamp will be the inevitable candidate.
The comparison is SC and Arizona, where Rod is currently at. South cack is probably a tad under Clemson for cash, but is certainly more flush than Zona.

Makes a big difference when it comes down to getting good assistants.

I also think he's about reached the ceiling at Arizona.

BWillie
12-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Good luck with hiring your defensive coordinator, who was a high school coach 7 years ago. I'm sure it had nothing to do with nobody else wanting the job. Good luck slavers.

duncan_idaho
12-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Good luck with hiring your defensive coordinator, who was a high school coach 7 years ago. I'm sure it had nothing to do with nobody else wanting the job. Good luck slavers.

Gonna grade that troll 0.5/10.

BWillie
12-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Gonna grade that troll 0.5/10.

Damn it. I was going for at least a 4 out of 10.

duncan_idaho
12-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Damn it. I was going for at least a 4 out of 10.

Get your facts straight first. That's step 1.

BWillie
12-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Get your facts straight first. That's step 1.

I bet Alex Gordon hates Missouri. Almost as much as I do.

Plus, facts get in the way of trolling.

Prison Bitch
12-05-2015, 10:42 PM
And you thought I was bad.

BryanBusby
12-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Gotta mention Orange Bowl somewhere in there. Better luck next time, young Paladin.

phisherman
12-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Beaty butthurt.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2015, 11:51 PM

Winless A @M receiver coaches?

Pepe Silvia
12-06-2015, 12:20 AM
Seriously....you need meds.

Seriously..... suck a cock.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2015, 12:25 AM
Good luck with hiring your defensive coordinator, who was a high school coach 7 years ago. I'm sure it had nothing to do with nobody else wanting the job. Good luck slavers.Totally. /Hugh Freeze, girl's basketball coach from 1992-2004.

BryanBusby
12-06-2015, 02:32 AM
Theme for next thread: At least we didn't hire Muschamp

blake5676
12-06-2015, 09:49 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mizzou strength coach/assistant AD Pat Ivey tells me he&#39;s staying on staff under Barry Odom.</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/673509103319187456">December 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

Good news. At least for those who were of the train of thought that Ivey was similarly as important as Coach Kul in our efforts to coach/train up 2 and 3 star kids.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2015, 04:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mizzou strength coach/assistant AD Pat Ivey tells me he&#39;s staying on staff under Barry Odom.</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/673509103319187456">December 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

Good news. At least for those who were of the train of thought that Ivey was similarly as important as Coach Kul in our efforts to coach/train up 2 and 3 star kids.
Great news. Dr Ivey is awesome.

WhawhaWhat
12-06-2015, 09:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rock Bridge HS &amp; Arkansas commit Hayden Johnson says he got an offer from Missouri ... as a fullback. He&#39;s sticking with Ark commitment</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/673706558849597440">December 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Offer to Johnson is revealing. Mizzou planning some offensive changes scheme/personnel under Odom.</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/673706726277775360">December 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

Pitt Gorilla
12-08-2015, 12:54 PM
You're going to want to watch this.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/rams/story/1620280-watch-sean-weatherspoon-meets-media

DJ's left nut
12-08-2015, 01:47 PM
How'd Golden and 'Spoon get to know each other? Golden was a 2010 commit and was a HS SR in the spring of 2010 when Spoon graduated. It seems odd that they'd have gotten that close through what would have likely been little more than a couple of campus visits by a relatively unheralded recruit. I guess Pinkel put him in touch with Spoon after the issues that sent him to community college?

Pinkel really has built a neat environment at Mizzou; the 'Mizzou Made' thing just caught on so well and it seems like the players really take it to heart.

Pitt Gorilla
12-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Heupel to Mizzou appears imminent.

DJ's left nut
12-08-2015, 02:55 PM

And 'Bama's LB coach is evidently a strong candidate for the DC gig.

The respect for Odom appears real - the guy's well on his way to assembling an exciting young staff.

Saul Good
12-08-2015, 02:58 PM

The respect for Odom appears real - the guy's well on his way to assembling an exciting young staff.

Those would be 2 promising hires, but I think Bama's LB coach is going to Georgia.

siberian khatru
12-08-2015, 03:14 PM

Not bad for their last resort after every sitting coach they approached about the job turned them down / KK

Bowser
12-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Not bad for their last resort after every sitting coach they approached about the job turned them down / KK

It used to really annoy me in those few times I would listen to Keitzman where he would rail against Mizzou. He cannot STAND that they left his Wildcats behind. Now whenever I hear his incessant whining about anything Mizzou related, I am just full

http://i.imgur.com/8FxEa.gif

Pitt Gorilla
12-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Marvin terry commits to Mizzou!

duncan_idaho
12-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Marvin terry commits to Mizzou!

New staff is showing a lot of energy on the recruiting trail and working hard. Could be a sign of things to come under Odom...

Also wonder if the reason Heupel is yet to be announced is that Cumbie is still in play. UT hired its OC today.

Cumbie turned UT down, but program instability is high there. Offer him 800k-1 million at Mizzou and he might jump. No clue what he makes at TCU.

Would fit this staff (young, bright, hungry) very well. Until he works his way up to a HC job somewhere in Texas.

BryanBusby
12-14-2015, 11:07 PM
I've heard talk of Yost possibly returning.

Pitt Gorilla
12-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Tre'vour Simms commits to Mizzou.

BryanBusby
12-14-2015, 11:58 PM
Guess Odom has been telling recruits that they will be running a base 3-4 D

duncan_idaho
12-15-2015, 05:09 AM
Guess Odom has been telling recruits that they will be running a base 3-4 D

Not crazy about it as a long term scheme, but we will see. Think they'll have to continue to run a hybrid for at least a few more years while they recruit for the 34. DE depth looks pretty thin to me at that spot, and DT depth looks even thinner (at least for guys built to occupy those roles).

Other than Josh Augusta, I don't know that Mizzou currently has a DT who is someone I'd trust to anchor the middle against double teams every play, especially against SEC run games.

Also don't think those great, MizzouMade DEs (at this point, Harris and Brady) are really built to play a true 34 OLB. Harris looked awkward/inadequate in pass coverage vs. BYU.

Odom's staff is going to have to recruit differently/better to make it work.

Yellow tux
12-15-2015, 06:25 AM
Not sure how anyone could be excited about the possibility of Heupel

WhawhaWhat
12-17-2015, 08:22 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We can now confirm that Josh Heupel has agreed to become Missouri’s new offensive coordinator <a href="https://t.co/sNnVtycOD5">https://t.co/sNnVtycOD5</a></p>&mdash; FootballScoop Staff (@FootballScoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/677490239301017600">December 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Good news.

OC is already a significant upgrade from last year. Can't complain about that.

Saul Good
12-17-2015, 08:47 AM
Odom is off to a strong start.

WhawhaWhat
12-17-2015, 09:34 AM
Huge news...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Missouri OL coach A.J. Ricker expected to accept same position w/ new Illinois coach Bill Cubit per source. <a href="https://t.co/O6k154Kzsb">https://t.co/O6k154Kzsb</a></p>&mdash; Thayer Evans (@ThayerEvansSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThayerEvansSI/status/677495073978757120">December 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

Saul Good
12-17-2015, 09:41 AM
How in the world does someone see Ricker's body of work and decide that they want to pay him to do the same for their team?

DJ's left nut
12-17-2015, 10:26 AM
So Kyler Murray's family was evidently smitten with OU during their recruitment and I believe that Heupel would've been instrumental in that recruiting process.

Think that would even get us in the door with Murray? Seems like an incredible long shot but it doesn't hurt to get an audience with the guy. Lock might develop into a nice player some day, but Murray could be transformative in the same way that Daniel was.

NewChief
12-17-2015, 12:16 PM
So Kyler Murray's family was evidently smitten with OU during their recruitment and I believe that Heupel would've been instrumental in that recruiting process.

Think that would even get us in the door with Murray? Seems like an incredible long shot but it doesn't hurt to get an audience with the guy. Lock might develop into a nice player some day, but Murray could be transformative in the same way that Daniel was.

I would think that his release (if/when it happens) won't allow him to go to another SEC school. Kyle Allen's evidently did.

I also wouldn't be surprised if strength of the baseball team plays a pretty large factor in which school he attends. This whole A&M shakeup is bizarre. Yesterday, I half expected Sumlin to be fired by the end of the day. Now it's gone silent and everything seems "normal." Maybe it's just the calm before the storm, though.

Pepe Silvia
12-17-2015, 12:21 PM
How in the world does someone see Ricker's body of work and decide that they want to pay him to do the same for their team?

This.

WhawhaWhat
12-17-2015, 01:28 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can confirm report that Pat Ivey is out at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash">#Mizzou</a>. Change of direction from two weeks ago, not sure what changed. <a href="https://t.co/DXzFn9OrfZ">https://t.co/DXzFn9OrfZ</a></p>&mdash; Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) <a href="https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/677570866750820352">December 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

Reaper16
12-17-2015, 01:34 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can confirm report that Pat Ivey is out at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash">#Mizzou</a>. Change of direction from two weeks ago, not sure what changed. <a href="https://t.co/DXzFn9OrfZ">https://t.co/DXzFn9OrfZ</a></p>&mdash; Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) <a href="https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/677570866750820352">December 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

god fuck

DJ's left nut
12-17-2015, 01:54 PM
That sucks. Ivey was a big part of our success, IMO.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Well that fucking sucks dick.

KChiefs1
12-17-2015, 02:49 PM
That sucks. Ivey was a big part of our success, IMO.

He was highly involved in the CS1950 fiasco.

tomahawk kid
12-17-2015, 02:56 PM
He was highly involved in the CS1950 fiasco.

???

DJ's left nut
12-17-2015, 03:00 PM
???

http://campuspressbox.com/2015/missouris-strength-and-conditioning-coach-dr-pat-ivey-was-on-bruce-feldmans-podcast/

There were some rumblings that he was fomenting some of the unrest prior to the 'strike'. I never heard anything firsthand but it is believed that he may have encouraged some of the players to involve themselves in the Butler situation (which obviously then spiraled out of control).

I don't doubt that he played a pretty substantial role in it, to be honest. He was very much involved with the players and could easily have been one of the primary sounding boards for black players. That said, the dude was !@#$ing good at what he did and he'll be a big loss.

Pitt Gorilla
12-17-2015, 03:15 PM
He was highly involved in the CS1950 fiasco.He was also very good at his job. Tough guy to replace.

Sully
12-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Just saw on twitter (don't ask me to find it) that DeMonte Cross will be the DC.

Understanding he's coming home, it's a weird mix, Odom, a 3-4 guy, and Cross a 4-2 guy (as a TCU coach). Apparently a great recruiter in houston, though. So that's a win. And if he brings some of TCU's coverage concepts, I think it's a huge win. Maybe the 3-4 looks more like a 3-3, though?

Sully
12-18-2015, 09:51 AM
As more tweets roll through, seems a lot of people love the hire. I remember meeting Cross years ago, and he seemed like a great guy. I guess when it comes to DC, he's really just the assistant to Odom, and if he can recruit, that's the big win.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2015, 09:55 AM
Sounds like Georgia's former DL coach is going to take the same job for us. That would seem to keep the pipeline into GA (and FL to a lesser extent) open a bit.

Wasn't Grinch the lead dog for us in Georgia? Just trying to figure out what the responsibilities may be as both Heupel and Cross are going to be TX guys and it looks like Missouri's high school talent is pretty poor over the next year or two so Cross won't be a big boost locally.

duncan_idaho
12-18-2015, 09:56 AM
Just saw on twitter (don't ask me to find it) that DeMonte Cross will be the DC.

Understanding he's coming home, it's a weird mix, Odom, a 3-4 guy, and Cross a 4-2 guy (as a TCU coach). Apparently a great recruiter in houston, though. So that's a win. And if he brings some of TCU's coverage concepts, I think it's a huge win. Maybe the 3-4 looks more like a 3-3, though?

It's a home run hire, IMO. His Mizzou ties aside, Cross has NFL success/credentials, is a strong recruiter in Texas, and also will be able to help in St. Louis (and perhaps take over from Ford if he leaves/retires).

Odom will still be designing the scheme and calling the plays, so the DC title doesn't mean that much.

Sully
12-18-2015, 10:03 AM
It's a home run hire, IMO. His Mizzou ties aside, Cross has NFL success/credentials, is a strong recruiter in Texas, and also will be able to help in St. Louis (and perhaps take over from Ford if he leaves/retires).

Odom will still be designing the scheme and calling the plays, so the DC title doesn't mean that much.

If you are excited, I am excited.

Huzzah! The finest meats and cheeses for all of my men!

WhawhaWhat
12-18-2015, 10:04 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From recruiting standpoint, love this hire for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash">#Mizzou</a>. Quickly building name as one of Houston&#39;s better recruiters. <a href="https://t.co/8lOqHxaU5P">https://t.co/8lOqHxaU5P</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Crabtree (@jeremycrabtree) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeremycrabtree/status/677877396511395840">December 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

duncan_idaho
12-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Sounds like Georgia's former DL coach is going to take the same job for us. That would seem to keep the pipeline into GA (and FL to a lesser extent) open a bit.

Wasn't Grinch the lead dog for us in Georgia? Just trying to figure out what the responsibilities may be as both Heupel and Cross are going to be TX guys and it looks like Missouri's high school talent is pretty poor over the next year or two so Cross won't be a big boost locally.

Would guess:

Heupel - minimal/Texas/QB
cross - houston/sub north St. Louis
Wilson - GA and Miss. JUCO
Ford - St. Louis
Hill - Kc/Kansas JUCO
OL coach: TBD, but I've heard Odom is chasing a big hire who has Florida experience as this coach
Walters: Same (GA and Fl)

Sully
12-18-2015, 10:21 AM
If nothing else, Mizzou's coaching staff would probably win a few games if they suited up themselves.

kepp
12-18-2015, 10:46 AM

I read that he can't go to another SEC school or any school on aTm's schedule.

Saul Good
12-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Odom is doing work. Wow

Sully
12-18-2015, 11:08 AM
Odom is doing work. Wow

I'm getting pretty excited. There's a definite direction.

Also, I'm hoping that they hit the clinic circuit as hard as kU did last winter, so I can hear their ideas.

Sadly, though, the last time I was this excited about a staff was Haley comng to KC.

duncan_idaho
12-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Odom is doing work. Wow

Yes. This is what tipped things for me before Odom was hired. Herman was still my No. 1, but I became comfortable with Odom when I started hearing names.

He had Seth Littrell lined up as OC until he became the front runner for the UNT job. Heupel is a hell of a consolation prize.

Cross, Wilson, Walters, Ford, Hill, Heupel is a really strong group (and a strong recruiting group, with diverse areas of contact).

He's chasing an NFL guy for the OL coach who would be a good hire and give them recruiting coverage in FLA. Tough pull but he's not taking "no" for an answer, yet.

Not sure on the ST coach, but I'd guess another FLA/GA guy makes sense there.

O.city
12-18-2015, 11:42 AM
Can the transfer from a&m play next year dI

siberian khatru
12-18-2015, 03:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per source, former USC DL coach Chris Wilson has accepted same role at Missouri <a href="https://t.co/sNnVtycOD5">https://t.co/sNnVtycOD5</a></p>&mdash; FootballScoop Staff (@FootballScoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/677965762066169856">December 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

Bowser
12-18-2015, 03:50 PM
This has been quite the nice Christmas gift from Mizzou football. Odom is apparently serious about competing immediately in 2016.

I am very interested to see what Heupel can do with Drew Lock. Lock seems to be tailor made for the offense Heupel runs...

Pepe Silvia
12-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Just when we get excited he reinstates the cancer that is Maty Mauk. Wonderful. I knew there had to be at least one nut shot and this is it.

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison
Mike Mauk adds that his son Maty has been reinstated to the Tigers.

Mizzou_8541
12-19-2015, 02:14 PM
Just when we get excited he reinstates the cancer that is Maty Mauk. Wonderful. I knew there had to be at least one nut shot and this is it.

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison
Mike Mauk adds that his son Maty has been reinstated to the Tigers.

Dude, take a break for a minute from viewing everything so negatively. His "reinstatement" could mean a few different things. Maybe he was reinstated so he could transfer in good standing?

BryanBusby
12-19-2015, 03:49 PM
I'm not too excited about the Heupel move, but the rest of the moves so far seem pretty solid.

Mizzou_8541
12-19-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm not too excited about the Heupel move, but the rest of the moves so far seem pretty solid.

At the very least, he's a huge upgrade over Henson.

BryanBusby
12-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Well yeah, but that's like saying getting flicked in the nuts is better than a mixture of aids, cyanide and antifreeze buttchugged.

Sure it's better yes, but the bar for the hire wasn't even visible.

duncan_idaho
12-19-2015, 09:50 PM
Well yeah, but that's like saying getting flicked in the nuts is better than a mixture of aids, cyanide and antifreeze buttchugged.

Sure it's better yes, but the bar for the hire wasn't even visible.

I'm not as excited about Heupel as I would have been about, say, Seth Littrell, but he was successful at OU in a co-coordinator situation and got scapegoated for a shitty defense last year.

He's young, he's been successful developing QBs, he's called plays for successful offenses, and he has good credibility in Oklahoma and Texas.

It's not the absolute home run that Cross is, but it's a solid gapper.

BryanBusby
12-19-2015, 10:55 PM
Who was the playcaller of the set?

ChiefsCountry
12-22-2015, 11:52 AM
http://gridironnow.com/official-visit-can-lead-to-false-impressions-for-a-recruit/

Al Bundy
12-27-2015, 11:20 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources tell <a href="https://t.co/a7sVno50GF">https://t.co/a7sVno50GF</a> that Craig Kuligowski will join Miami&#39;s staff as Defensive Line Coach <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Canes?src=hash">#Canes</a>. Big hire</p>&mdash; Peter Ariz (@PeterAriz) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeterAriz/status/681147273858936832">December 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

WhawhaWhat
01-21-2016, 12:05 PM
Starting off the year on a good note...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Terry Beckner Jr. arrested on suspicion of possession of 35 grams or less of marijuana at 9:48 last night, per the MUPD arrest log.</p>&mdash; David Morrison (@DavidCMorrison) <a href="https://twitter.com/DavidCMorrison/status/690228100391526400">January 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

WhawhaWhat
01-21-2016, 12:06 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arrest happened last night at 9:48 PM. 404 Kentucky Blvd is South Hall and his birthday seems to match up with FB profile.</p>&mdash; Mark Kim (@MarkJKim_) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkJKim_/status/690225331135913985">January 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

Discuss Thrower
01-21-2016, 12:35 PM
AWESOME.

Pepe Silvia
01-21-2016, 12:36 PM
SNAKEBIT U.

duncan_idaho
01-21-2016, 01:20 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arrest happened last night at 9:48 PM. 404 Kentucky Blvd is South Hall and his birthday seems to match up with FB profile.</p>— Mark Kim (@MarkJKim_) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkJKim_/status/690225331135913985">January 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

Believe this wouldn't even be a citation had it happened off campus, under Columbia PD jurisdiction, rather than at Campus and under MUPD jurisdiction, while follows state law rather than Columbia municipal statutes.

It's a first strike but not a huge deal.

Bambi
01-22-2016, 12:06 AM
Beckner arrested

Bambi
01-22-2016, 12:06 AM
Oh sorry, repost