PDA

View Full Version : MU ****Official 2015 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2015, 03:09 PM
After seizing the Citrus Bowl from Jerry Kill and the Minnesota Golden Gophers, the Missouri Tigers finish 11-3.

Italics=Likely sign and place
Bold=JUCO recruit

Key Recruits:

2016 Class:

Tre Williams DE, MO, ****
Nate Strong RB, IL, ****
Damarea Crockett RB, AR, ****
Marvin Terry DE, TX ***
Greg Taylor S, MO, ***
Brendan Scales TE, MO ***
Albert Okwue. TE, IL ***
Cale Garrett ILB, MO ***
Trystan Castillo OL, MO ***
Micah Wilson QB, OK ***
Trevour Simms OL, IL ***
Tucker McCann K, IL ***
Dominic Collins WR, IL ***
Jerod Alton ATH, MO ***
DeMarkus Acy DB, TX ***
Dimetrious Mason WR, GA **
Christian Holmes WR, GA **
Trey Baldwin LB, TX **
Marksell Utsey DT, AR **

Schedule:

9/5: SEMO
9/12 @Ark St.
9/19: UConn
9/26: @Kentucky
10/3: South Carolina
10/10: Florida
10/17 @ Georgia
10/24: @ Vandy
10/31: Bye
11/5 (Thu): Mississippi State
11/14: BYU (@ Arrowhead)
11/21: Tennessee
11/28: @Arkansas

TribalElder
01-01-2015, 03:10 PM
In
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6S5ERIIMAIo7jK.jpg

Discuss Thrower
01-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Steckel isn't going to be able to jack at Missouri State.

BlackHelicopters
01-01-2015, 03:13 PM
In

Ebolapox
01-01-2015, 03:18 PM
God I hope lock can beat out mauk. Unlikely but... damn

Bufkin
01-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Steckel isn't going to be able to jack at Missouri State.
I think BYU is the only college that has limitations on jacking it.

Bowser
01-01-2015, 03:23 PM
God I hope lock can beat out mauk. Unlikely but... damn

Good lord, this. Drinky Mauk is infuriating as a QB - he either makes spectacular plays or shits all over the joint. There's no in-between with him.

Prison Bitch
01-01-2015, 03:24 PM
After seizing the Citrus Bowl from Jerry Kill .

Well played.

Pitt Gorilla
I assumed Hamas would have the "Fire Pinkel" banner flying already. What gives?

Bufkin
Good lord, this. Drinky Mauk is infuriating as a QB - he either makes spectacular plays or shits all over the joint. There's no in-between with him.
His dad is an even worse high school football coach, for anybody who is familiar with Ozark Conference football in Missouri. I think he averaged around 55 throws a game, and ran the ball a total of 40 times all season. Glendale had a relatively talented team, but finished 2-8.

Moral of the story, Mauk should transfer to Hawaii or somewhere to be a starter, and take his dad with him. Everybody wins.

Bowser
01-01-2015, 03:26 PM
His dad is an even worse high school football coach, for anybody who is familiar with Ozark Conference football in Missouri. I think he averaged around 55 throws a game, and ran the ball a total of 40 times all season. Glendale had a relatively talented team, but finished 2-8.

Moral of the story, Mauk should transfer to Hawaii or somewhere to be a starter, and take his dad with him. Everybody wins.

Sounds rather Marinovich-ian

Discuss Thrower
01-01-2015, 03:33 PM

They weren't all that talented. Great kids, maybe a bit on the wild side sure but Glendale wasn't exactly a loaded roster. Their quarterback wasn't suited to Mauk's system, and he didn't really have any outstanding WRs seeing as they were underclassmen. The tight end was good but that's because he's a three sport athlete. Defensively they lacked talent: for example, against Rolla, the score was 62-29 at half, 72-65 final score.

Now some of the scores got out of hand for Glendale because of Mauk put his defense in short situations by onside kicking everything unless the score was out of hand and he probably went for 75%+ of 4th downs.

In short, Glendale's problems lie less with Mauk and more with Springfield's inability to develop linemen at all five schools, and because the football talent moves southward to Nixa or Ozark. They're also going to be in trouble because their JV and Freshman QBs aren't ready to be starters by a long shot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2015, 03:40 PM
I assumed Hamas would have the "Fire Pinkel" banner flying already. What gives?

Hey man. I kept that Fire Pinkel sign up for three months, riding the momentum of the season. I get to take the sumbitch down now.

Discuss Thrower
01-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Hey man. I kept that Fire Pinkel sign up for three months, riding the momentum of the season. I get to take the sumbitch down now.

SERVE THE CROW. CP RULE, NO ONE GETS TO GO BACK ON THEIR TAKES EVER

TribalElder
01-01-2015, 03:46 PM
At Arkansas is going to be tuff as hell next year I bet

The leftover butthurt should be entertaining

Discuss Thrower
01-01-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm thinking about going to Commonwealth in September.

Pitt Gorilla
01-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Hey man. I kept that Fire Pinkel sign up for three months, riding the momentum of the season. I get to take the sumbitch down now.:thumb:

Mosbonian
01-01-2015, 03:55 PM
I'm thinking about going to Commonwealth in September.

Let me know if you do...I will meet you there.

I am going to go to the Georgia, Vandy, Kentucky and Arkansas games....luckily for me I have friends who live in Athens, Nashville and Lexington/Georgetown area. My daughter is going to college near Fayetteville and I promised to take her to a Mizzou game next year.

Discuss Thrower
01-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Let me know if you do...I will meet you there.

I am going to go to the Georgia, Vandy, Kentucky and Arkansas games....luckily for me I have friends who live in Athens, Nashville and Lexington/Georgetown area. My daughter is going to college near Fayetteville and I promised to take her to a Mizzou game next year.

You live in the Bluegrass?

Also, I'm sad no one is offering at my hot Glendale Falcons' sports take.

Pitt Gorilla
01-01-2015, 04:10 PM
Where Beckner?

Pitt Gorilla
01-01-2015, 04:15 PM
SEC East: 3-0

|Zach|
01-01-2015, 04:18 PM
No reason Mauk can't grow and improve over the offseason.

Bowser
01-01-2015, 04:57 PM

True, but that will be a hefty order of growing and improving.

My hope is that Pinkel doesn't just anoint him starter because he can. If Lock outplays him, give him the job.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2015, 05:02 PM
No fire drinkel?

Pitt Gorilla
01-01-2015, 05:04 PM
No fire drinkel?Coached a brilliant game today.

Saul Good
01-01-2015, 05:21 PM
SEC East: 3-0

SEC West is 2-4, and Mizzou beat the two winners.

|Zach|
01-01-2015, 05:45 PM
True, but that will be a hefty order of growing and improving.

Will it really? Not sure he is that far away...especially considering some of things he did in 2013.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Will it really? Not sure he is that far away...especially considering some of things he did in 2013.

He was a 50% passer in 2013, bailed out by the best WRs in the country.

2014 saw the worst QB play since at least 2004, and likely of Pinkel's entire tenure. Fortunately, the 2014 defense was the best of my lifetime.

|Zach|
01-01-2015, 07:02 PM
He was a 50% passer in 2013, bailed out by the best WRs in the country.

2014 saw the worst QB play since at least 2004, and likely of Pinkel's entire tenure. Fortunately, the 2014 defense was the best of my lifetime.

The ability to make the throws is there....more so what I was referring to in 2013. Some better decision making and not bailing on the pocket so quickly is the perfect kind of thing that can come with the maturity of another season.

Hey...if a kid comes in and is killing it and Mauk is struggling nobody is untouchable...play the best guy. Doubt the switch happens though.

Eleazar
01-01-2015, 08:19 PM
I hope Mauk gets beaten out as well, but you play whomever is the best for week one.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Official mascot of 2015 is comb kid.

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OwVjpWIjhZE/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowser
01-01-2015, 08:27 PM
LMAO

Sure-Oz
01-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Dearmond basically said this is mauks team next season. Pinkel stays loyal usually

Bowser
01-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Dearmond basically said this is mauks team next season. Pinkel stays loyal usually

Blah. Make him earn it.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-01-2015, 08:37 PM

Stephen McGee clone

Eleazar
01-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Great time at the game today. It would have been a 40 point blasting if not for the early Maukerceptions.

Bowser
01-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Great time at the game today. It would have been a 40 point blasting if not for the early Maukerceptions.

You were there? Nice!

Eleazar
01-01-2015, 08:47 PM
You were there? Nice!

Yeah, I live in FL so it was an easy one for me.

Pitt Gorilla
01-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Great time at the game today. It would have been a 40 point blasting if not for the early Maukerceptions.Do you have a sweet comb?

Eleazar
01-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Do you have a sweet comb?

I only wish I had a coif like that muppet does.

Mosbonian
01-01-2015, 10:19 PM
You live in the Bluegrass?

Also, I'm sad no one is offering at my hot Glendale Falcons' sports take.

I used to live in the Bluegrass State. ...now I live in the Palmetto State.

KChiefs1
01-02-2015, 10:39 AM
Gabe DeArmond:

Can we honor Gary Pinkel?

I'm not saying the guy is perfect. But good God what he's done here is simply beyond reproach. He's won 113 games, the school record by 12 right now. By the time he's done, I expect that number to be over 150. He's going to be in the top 10. He's won 23 games in two years, which is the most ever in a two-year span, beating 2007-08 by one win, and Pinkel was the coach of those teams too. He is the overseer of the most successful decade in the history of Missouri football (sorry, but yes, I think 2005-2014 is better than 1960-69 though I'm sure some will argue with me). He's churning out NFL players. He's doing it without a hint of impropriety. Like I said, he's not perfect. But anyone complaining about pretty much anything he does just looks stupid in my opinion. I think most coaches are probably like this, but I believe Pinkel is much more highly thought of around the country than he is by his own school's fan base. And this isn't a "bitching about the bitching" post. I understand that most realize what Pinkel has done here. I'm just trying to underscore it. There are little things here and there that you don't like (for example, when to go for two and when not to). I understand the recruiting could improve on paper. But if you take a broad view of it, I don't have any idea how you could really have any problem whatsoever with the man. He's been flat out phenomenal at Mizzou. Build him a statue.

jjchieffan
01-02-2015, 10:51 AM
While I agree with what you're saying, I think most of us are just thirsty for a championship, and it doesn't appear as though Pinkel will ever win one. He's Mizzou's version of Marty Schottenheimer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2015, 11:09 AM
While I agree with what you're saying, I think most of us are just thirsty for a championship, and it doesn't appear as though Pinkel will ever win one. He's Mizzou's version of Marty Schottenheimer.

I don't think it's fair to expect a national title in a sport as dynastic as CFB. My beef with Pinkel has been an inability to lock down the borders of the state in recruiting, which has led to teams with less talent than they should have, even with the staff's amazing ability to develop players and find diamonds in the rough.

I expect Missouri to be a top-15 program given their population centers and lack of in-state BCS competition.

That should be the standard.

Saul Good
01-02-2015, 11:13 AM
I don't think it's fair to expect a national title in a sport as dynastic as CFB. My beef with Pinkel has been an inability to lock down the borders of the state in recruiting, which has led to teams with less talent than they should have, even with the staff's amazing ability to develop players and find diamonds in the rough.

I expect Missouri to be a top-15 program given their population centers and lack of in-state BCS competition.

Couldn't agree more...Couldn't understand it less.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Couldn't agree more...Couldn't understand it less.

??

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2015, 11:18 AM
I think BYU is the only college that has limitations on jacking it.

Michigan won't allow it in the showers. Drain issues.

duncan_idaho
01-02-2015, 11:26 AM

Recent in-state recruiting misses really hurt... Ezekiel Eliott and Roderick Johnson being the most prominent.

For most of the first 10 years of Pinkel's tenure, Missouri did not really "miss" on an in-state player who had any sort of impact at the college level (Laurence Maroney being the biggest one. Adrian Clayborne also was a stud, but he was missed because of closeness to Aaron O'Neal and early outrage about that tragedy).

I think they're going to close this season on a strong note, though. Doherty was a nice get, and I feel like they have a good shot at the Davis twins, which would give them 4 of the top 5 in-state guys in this class.

Saul Good
01-02-2015, 11:48 AM
??

There is no reason that the in state studs, especially guys like the Davis twins, shouldn't be li ing up to play at Mizzou. It makes no sense that we are losing out on as many players as we do. The fact that he wins without them is impressive, but we've got to figure out how to keep them on board, because that's how we move from winning divisions to winning conferences and national championships.

Eleazar
01-02-2015, 11:51 AM

I expect us to be ranked every year, and play on Jan 1 most years. I feel like that's a reasonable standard for the school right now.

Discuss Thrower
01-02-2015, 11:54 AM
Losing in-state talent might be a product of not being a top-15 program as Hamas suggests.

If you're good enough to get noticed by the likes of Ohio State, USC or Alabama who are perennial players for a championship then why wouldn't you go with one of those programs versus stay close to home and go to Mizzou whose only gotten close to a shot at the title seven years ago?

Saul Good
01-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Losing in-state talent might be a product of not being a top-15 program as Hamas suggests.

If you're good enough to get noticed by the likes of Ohio State, USC or Alabama who are perennial players for a championship then why wouldn't you go with one of those programs versus stay close to home and go to Mizzou whose only gotten close to a shot at the title seven years ago?

We were close last year.

Discuss Thrower
01-02-2015, 12:48 PM
We were close last year.

But not as close as they were in 2007.

jjchieffan
01-02-2015, 01:44 PM

I would be happy with winning a conference championship game. Nice to them in the game, but will they ever win it?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2015, 01:47 PM
I would be happy with winning a conference championship game. Nice to them in the game, but will they ever win it?

If they do, they'll be in it for a national title.

jjchieffan
01-02-2015, 01:53 PM
If they do, they'll be in it for a national title.

That's what's been so frustrating. If they could've beat Oklahoma in the big 12 or Auburn last year, they would've been in the big game. But they lost and didn't even get a BCS bowl.

KChiefs1
01-02-2015, 02:31 PM
Cotton Bowl last season & Citrus this year.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/02/caec6bc10f9001963bb7bd71c7d7a603.jpg

Can't understand why kids in Missouri are going to Alabama, Oregon & Ohio State.

-King-
01-02-2015, 02:43 PM
But not as close as they were in 2007.

We beat Auburn, we go to the national championship last year.

tredadda
01-02-2015, 02:46 PM
We beat Auburn, we go to the national championship last year.

They were one quarter from doing it. Didn't they have a lead in the 4th quarter of that game last year?

-King-
01-02-2015, 02:58 PM
They were one quarter from doing it. Didn't they have a lead in the 4th quarter of that game last year?

We had a lead until 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. And we were down 3 with 10 minutes to go in the game. Then they scored 2 TDs and it was game over.

I'm close friends with one of the players and he pretty much said it was the coaches fault for refusing to change out of their game plan to stop Tra Mason. The players kept on asking for different formations, but coaches were stubborn and kept calling the same plays.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2015, 03:14 PM
We had a lead until 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. And we were down 3 with 10 minutes to go in the game. Then they scored 2 TDs and it was game over.

I'm close friends with one of the players and he pretty much said it was the coaches fault for refusing to change out of their game plan to stop Tra Mason. The players kept on asking for different formations, but coaches were stubborn and kept calling the same plays.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised. This is why I'm glad Steckel is getting the hell out.

We ran nothing but a 4-3 base against teams with four and five wide in the BXII, putting us at a massive disadvantage. Hell, they refused to load up against Navy.

The only thing that made our defense good this year is that we had so much talent on the front four that you could run a Tampa 2 and just let Ray, Golden, and Brantley win their matchups.

That Auburn game broke something in me. I spent a lot of time afterwards looking at schemes to use against the read option. It reinforced a long-existing belief: most football coaches are dumbassed meatheads.

-King-
01-02-2015, 04:25 PM
I wish I could say that I'm surprised. This is why I'm glad Steckel is getting the hell out.

We ran nothing but a 4-3 base against teams with four and five wide in the BXII, putting us at a massive disadvantage. Hell, they refused to load up against Navy.

The only thing that made our defense good this year is that we had so much talent on the front four that you could run a Tampa 2 and just let Ray, Golden, and Brantley win their matchups.

That Auburn game broke something in me. I spent a lot of time afterwards looking at schemes to use against the read option. It reinforced a long-existing belief: most football coaches are dumbassed meatheads.

Its not limited to football coaches. I think a lot of coaches overall fall into the trap of thinking "That's too simple to work" so they always overcomplicate things regardless of how simple the solution might have been.

TribalElder
01-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Lee's Summit senior quarterback Drew Lock will participate Saturday in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl at the Alamodome in San Antonio. The game kicks off at noon and will be televised on NBC.

Lock, who has committed to Missouri, was chosen last week as The Star's All-Metro player of the year after throwing for 28 touchdowns in 10 games. He completed 66 percent of his passes. He will play on the East squad Saturday.

The U.S. Army All-American Bowl has featured some of the nation's best high school talent for the past 15 years — a group that includes Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles and Colts quarterback Andrew Luck. Last year's game drew a crowd of 40,017 to the Alamodome.

To reach Sam McDowell, call 816-234-4869 or send email to smcdowell@kcstar.com. Follow him on Twitter: @SamMcDowell11.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/varsity-zone/article5337456.html#storylink=cpy

Mizzou_8541
01-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Lee's Summit senior quarterback Drew Lock will participate Saturday in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl at the Alamodome in San Antonio. The game kicks off at noon and will be televised on NBC.

Lock, who has committed to Missouri, was chosen last week as The Star's All-Metro player of the year after throwing for 28 touchdowns in 10 games. He completed 66 percent of his passes. He will play on the East squad Saturday.

The U.S. Army All-American Bowl has featured some of the nation's best high school talent for the past 15 years — a group that includes Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles and Colts quarterback Andrew Luck. Last year's game drew a crowd of 40,017 to the Alamodome.

To reach Sam McDowell, call 816-234-4869 or send email to smcdowell@kcstar.com. Follow him on Twitter: @SamMcDowell11.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/varsity-zone/article5337456.html#storylink=cpy

More stuff about lock:

https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1721231

From the article:

3 QB
Drew Lock
Lee's Summit (Mo.)
Lock was the most consistent quarterback of the bunch on Thursday. He was able to spin the ball well and place it in the right spot. He was mechanically sound and he threw a ball that was able to cut through the crisp, cold weather. Overall it was another solid day for the Missouri-bound quarterback.

KChiefs1
01-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Did anyone watch Beckner today?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Did anyone watch Beckner today?

Saw several Vines of him. He is freakishly strong and a better athlete than he looks like in his Rivals videos. He's surprisingly good at bending from the hips and maintaining power and speed.

He's already huge without looking fat. He could be a Haloti Ngata type player.

KChiefs1
01-02-2015, 11:54 PM

Lock won the Doc Blanchard award.

http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/players/player-awards

TribalElder
01-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Lock in the game right now

Nope

He hasn't been in at all yet disregard

TribalElder
01-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Some other tard just threw a pick 6

Perhaps Lock will be in now finally

TribalElder
01-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Pick 6 and stopped on downs :shrug:

Mizzou_8541
01-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Pick 6 and stopped on downs :shrug:

Lock threw a pick 6?

Captain Obvious
01-03-2015, 01:55 PM
Lock threw a pick 6?

Guy on twitter said it was a tipped pass.

Captain Obvious
01-03-2015, 01:56 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rough start for Lock with a tipped ball for a pick six on his first pass. Three and out on second series.</p>&mdash; Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) <a href="https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/551456507087585280">January 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GloryDayz
01-03-2015, 02:10 PM
By no means his best showing... But the snaps from the center were hardly something that gave him the added time any QB would enjoy as he was usually showing his vertical just to take the snap. Not excuse, so he's getting a good look at what it's going to be like playing against a team full of D1 kids.

And I think he needs to focus on football to solidly get to the next level and not waste any time with fucking around with fucking MIZZOU basketball!

And wow, the West's defense is killing Lock's east team! So far not East QB can do shit!

GloryDayz
01-03-2015, 02:11 PM
And I kind of wish they'd give Drew the chance to announce on TV just so we could see Andy's big smile! Not to mention some Andy highlights from the 80s!

GloryDayz
01-03-2015, 02:38 PM
There's my boy!!!! God he's awesome!!!

TribalElder
01-03-2015, 02:47 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rough start for Lock with a tipped ball for a pick six on his first pass. Three and out on second series.</p>&mdash; Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) <a href="https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/551456507087585280">January 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
Yes it was tipped

There's my boy!!!! God he's awesome!!!

I missed it, what happened?

GloryDayz
01-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Yes it was tipped

I missed it, what happened?

One awesome trick play for a TD, then a DEEEEEEP pass for another TD...

And they almost just got an OSK to possibly win it, but the East player touched the OSK at the nine yard mark, so it came back..

There's no question, Drew is awesome!!! Granted, I have my reasons for being more than the usual homer, but I don't care he's awesome!

Sully
01-09-2015, 08:01 AM
Apparently they have cancelled their visit...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per their mom, Tracy Davis, Carlos and Khalil Davis will be visiting Nebraska Jan. 24 and Jan. 25. No official visit to Mizzou. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/huskers?src=hash">#huskers</a></p>&mdash; Samuel McKewon (@swmckewonOWH) <a href="https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/552668441937981440">January 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

WhawhaWhat
01-09-2015, 08:18 AM
Shane Ray was just in studio with Tim Grunhard on 810. Sounds like a good guy.

duncan_idaho
01-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Remember when I was talking about what a shady piece of shit Stacey Elliott, Ezekiel Elliott's father, was?

Read this (http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/07/how_ezekiel_elliotts_father_st.html)

Article mentions that he's only allowed to have contact when recruits are in Ohio for official visits, but I know he's not limiting it to that.

Pepe Silvia
01-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Remember when I was talking about what a shady piece of shit Stacey Elliott, Ezekiel Elliott's father, was?

Read this (http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/07/how_ezekiel_elliotts_father_st.html)

Article mentions that he's only allowed to have contact when recruits are in Ohio for official visits, but I know he's not limiting it to that.

I saw that last night, what a shady tPOS. It's one thing for your kid to go to school somewhere else but its another thing for you to help recruit against your former school. You know he's in Beckners ear right now, not good.

Discuss Thrower
01-09-2015, 10:38 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per their mom, Tracy Davis, Carlos and Khalil Davis will be visiting Nebraska Jan. 24 and Jan. 25. No official visit to Mizzou. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/huskers?src=hash">#huskers</a></p>&mdash; Samuel McKewon (@swmckewonOWH) <a href="https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/552668441937981440">January 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4067268/waiting-kitchen-scene-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/4067268/waiting-kitchen-scene.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

Titty Meat
01-09-2015, 11:24 AM

Wooohooo

TribalElder
01-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Mommas boys LOL

Saul Good
01-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Kind of sucks. I think they will be solid players, and it would have helped build a pipeline with Blue Springs.

GloryDayz
01-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Mommas boys LOLhttp://texaswic.dshs.state.tx.us/wiclessons/english/breastfeeding/img/footballhold.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2015, 12:56 AM
They were always secondary to getting Beckner. If we get him, we missed out on some frosting. If we don't, we're eating shit instead of cake.

duncan_idaho
01-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Ss Coach (and Pinkel nephew) Alex Grinch is the new DC at Washington State.

Leaves an assistant spot for Mizzou to fill... seems like the perfect time to bring Demontie Cross back.

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 02:37 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>East St. Louis head coach Darren Sunkett believes that Mizzou is definitely the front runner for Terry Beckner Jr. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/mizzou?src=hash">#mizzou</a></p>&mdash; Frank Cusumano (@Frank_Cusumano) <a href="https://twitter.com/Frank_Cusumano/status/555407752756211713">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

Pitt Gorilla
01-14-2015, 04:21 PM
Ss Coach (and Pinkel nephew) Alex Grinch is the new DC at Washington State.

Leaves an assistant spot for Mizzou to fill... seems like the perfect time to bring Demontie Cross back.That really stinks. Grinch opened the door to GA.

duncan_idaho
01-16-2015, 02:14 PM
According to Mama Davis in the OMaha paper, the Twins are visiting 01/30 after all.

Can't imagine she'd share that if she was trying to shut it down or wasn't OK with them visiting that day.

May not be as over as it has looked in the past few weeks.

Mizzou_8541
01-16-2015, 02:21 PM
According to Mama Davis in the OMaha paper, the Twins are visiting 01/30 after all.

Can't imagine she'd share that if she was trying to shut it down or wasn't OK with them visiting that day.

May not be as over as it has looked in the past few weeks.

Wow. I completely wrote them off. Hopefully they visit. When is NSD?

Mizzou_8541
01-16-2015, 02:23 PM

Per Google: Feb. 4 is signing day.

duncan_idaho
01-16-2015, 02:56 PM

Five days after they visit. Mizzou gets the last official one, and Nebraska has used its in-home visit already.

http://coloringpagesjos.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/94765-grinch-smile.png

TribalElder
01-16-2015, 06:08 PM
This is most excellent

Sure-Oz
01-16-2015, 11:20 PM
Of course RT @todpalmer: Per @SamMcDowell11, Blue Springs' Carlos and Khalil Davis have re-committed to Nebraska. Won't visit #Mizzou.

TribalElder
01-16-2015, 11:32 PM
That husker reporter could be wrong :shrug:

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-17-2015, 12:49 AM
Of course RT @todpalmer: Per @SamMcDowell11, Blue Springs' Carlos and Khalil Davis have re-committed to Nebraska. Won't visit #Mizzou.

Fucking attention whores.

kcchiefsus
01-17-2015, 01:26 AM
Someone needs to put a bullet in that Jayhawk loving scum coach at Blue Springs.

Titty Meat
01-17-2015, 01:55 AM

Pinkel already losing recruiting battles to Riley. Nice.

TribalElder
01-17-2015, 02:17 AM
If anything it was the mothers love

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Pinkel already losing recruiting battles to Riley. Nice.

I wouldn't exactly put this one on level ground, but that's what Pinkel does.

TribalElder
01-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Elliot's post champ,game mizzou snub blast doesn't help either LMAO

O.city
01-17-2015, 11:05 AM
So spoon is a free agent this year.

Could he play inside here for the chiefs? Big talent would come cheapish

Sure-Oz
01-17-2015, 12:35 PM
These kids cancelled twice now.

KChiefs1
01-17-2015, 05:17 PM
These kids cancelled twice now.

Wouldn't waste anymore time on them.

If they don't want to play in the NFL that's their problem.

Bowser
01-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Apparently Jim Harbaugh got a hold of Drew Lock and wanted to know if he was interested in Michigan? Drew declined.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/cf19a376e4cc6dda6841025641209545/tumblr_inline_n96dxlA9Sm1qf8v63.gif

Mosbonian
01-18-2015, 10:52 AM
Wouldn't waste anymore time on them.

If they don't want to play in the NFL that's their problem.

I don't want us begging anyone...if they don't want to play for us, or are looking for someone to beg them, let them go to NU.

Opens up spots for guys who really want to play for the Tigers.

Let's just hope we land Beckner.....

Mosbonian
01-18-2015, 10:53 AM
Apparently Jim Harbaugh got a hold of Drew Lock and wanted to know if he was interested in Michigan? Drew declined.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/cf19a376e4cc6dda6841025641209545/tumblr_inline_n96dxlA9Sm1qf8v63.gif

I'll bet Michigan isn't the only team that will take one last run at asking him to de-commit to MU.

GloryDayz
01-18-2015, 12:37 PM
I'll bet Michigan isn't the only team that will take one last run at asking him to de-commit to MU.

Let's just say I think you're right and so far so good.

Captain Obvious
01-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Mizzou with 2 new commitments today. 3 star WR and a 0 star OLB (before anybody wets themselves with rage, he's only been playing football for 2 years. But...he runs a 4.5 40 and have a 40+" vertical).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>3-star TN WR Johnathon Johnson committed to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash">#Mizzou</a> today <a href="http://t.co/rXifRXuxfV">http://t.co/rXifRXuxfV</a> -- could be serious sleeper <a href="http://t.co/liGdxu46se">pic.twitter.com/liGdxu46se</a></p>&mdash; Mike Farrell (@rivalsmike) <a href="https://twitter.com/rivalsmike/status/556920416158367744">January 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Here is video of Franklin Agbasimere in action. Typical <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash">#Mizzou</a> find IMO. Freak athlete, under recruited: <a href="http://t.co/xn6BD4v4BJ">http://t.co/xn6BD4v4BJ</a></p>&mdash; Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) <a href="https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/556990138157252609">January 19, 2015</a></blockquote>

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-18-2015, 07:55 PM
I really wish they would get back to targeting bigger WRs instead of guys like Johnson. 5'8 175.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that Justin Smith's visit went poorly (I know he said it went well). He's the kind of big bodied target we sorely need.

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 07:59 PM
The Johnson kid is undersized but has a ton of speed and is very explosive in the open field. Great returner who looks a lot like a certain No. 6 (size, full-speed cutting ability, incredibly strong lower half).

He also had offers from Tennessee and Ole Miss. Not sure how commitable those were, but if Missouri truly won the battle over those schools, a nice bit of work.

Captain Obvious
01-18-2015, 08:01 PM
I really wish they would get back to targeting bigger WRs instead of guys like Johnson. 5'8 175.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that Justin Smith's visit went poorly (I know he said it went well). He's the kind of big bodied target we sorely need.

I wonder if he's going to be used in more of a Marcus Murphy/DAT type role. No true position, just get him the ball.

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 08:12 PM

It went really well, from what I heard earlier. One of the guys who was one-on-one with him today is very confident he goes to Mizzou, and is almost never wrong about that.

They always wanted to use Murphy more in the slot/more on sweeps this year, but Steward's injury left their RB depth too thin to use him as intended. Wouldn't be a shocker to see some of that rolled over for this kid.

Plus, having a badass returner is always a good thing, and I think this kid can be that, at least.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-18-2015, 08:14 PM
It went really well, from what I heard earlier. One of the guys who was one-on-one with him today is very confident he goes to Mizzou, and is almost never wrong about that.

They always wanted to use Murphy more in the slot/more on sweeps this year, but Steward's injury left their RB depth too thin to use him as intended. Wouldn't be a shocker to see some of that rolled over for this kid.

Plus, having a badass returner is always a good thing, and I think this kid can be that, at least.

Excellent. Now the rest hinges on Beckner.

Mizzou_8541
01-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Haven't been paying much attention for the last few hours...are the twins still in play?

KChiefs1
01-18-2015, 08:20 PM

I'm sure a lot have made inquiries.

KChiefs1
01-18-2015, 08:21 PM

He might commit tonight too.

KChiefs1
01-18-2015, 08:22 PM
Excellent. Now the rest hinges on Beckner.

Watch ESPN on NSD.

Captain Obvious
01-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Pretty good night:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tweet from Mizzou recruiting director indicates Dublin, Ga., recruit has committed. That would be WR Justin Smith, who just visited MU</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/557001282779496448">January 19, 2015</a></blockquote>

WhawhaWhat
01-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Pretty good night:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tweet from Mizzou recruiting director indicates Dublin, Ga., recruit has committed. That would be WR Justin Smith, who just visited MU</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/557001282779496448">January 19, 2015</a></blockquote>

Holy cow.. 6'7, 200 lbs.

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 08:47 PM
Holy cow.. 6'7, 200 lbs.

He claims 6-8. Guess he grew an inch.

Looks shiftier than you'd expect at that size and appears to have pretty good deep speed on his HS film. Not sure about comp. level.

Pitt Gorilla
01-18-2015, 08:49 PM
Man, really nice day in recruiting.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-18-2015, 09:20 PM
He claims 6-8. Guess he grew an inch.

Looks shiftier than you'd expect at that size and appears to have pretty good deep speed on his HS film. Not sure about comp. level.

There are a lot of ways you can use a guy with that kind of size. If he has any jumping ability he'll be a great redzone weapon. Probably needs to add strength, but they all do.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-18-2015, 09:24 PM
Smith's highlight film is really impressive.

Pitt Gorilla
01-18-2015, 11:29 PM
MU completes commit trifecta with Georgia wideout Justin Smith

http://m.columbiatribune.com/blogs/behind_the_stripes/mu-completes-commit-trifecta-with-georgia-wideout-justin-smith/article_90508bb6-9f84-11e4-8d7c-6fe2e7f4751a.html

A busy Sunday in Missouri recruiting came to a close with the Tigers' third commitment of the day: West Laurens High School wideout Justin Smith.

PowerMizzou.com first reported Smith's commitment, and West Laurens Coach Stacy Nobles confirmed it to the Tribune.

The 6-foot-7, 200-pound Smith has not been assigned a star rating on ESPN.com or Rivals.com. He also has an offer from North Carolina State, according to Rivals.

Smith's main recruiter was safeties coach Alex Grinch, who left the Tigers this week to become defensive coordinator at Washington State.

According to his MaxPreps.com page, Smith caught 65 passes for 1,038 yards and 13 touchdowns for the 9-4 Raiders this past season. He's also averaging 10.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.1 blocks a game for the basketball team this winter and has an offer to play basketball at Georgia, according to 247Sports.com.

Smith is the Tigers' 18th commit for the class of 2015, their fifth wide receiver pledge and their second from Georgia, after cornerback T.J. Warren from Rockdale County High School in Conyers.

Check out Smith's Hudl.com highlights here.

And read on for Nobles' impressions of Smith:

"He's just got God-given ability running out his ears. He's 6-7, runs a 4.5 40, great hands. He power cleans 300 pounds. People have a hard time grasping that. That's a lot of weight for anybody, especially a kid at that height. He's got tremendous strength and great work ethic. I think Missouri got a good one."

When did he devote himself to football full-time?

"I got the head job his freshman year (2011) and he started for us as a receiver as a freshman. He was a big-time basketball player all throughout. He's played AAU basketball with one of those big teams up in Atlanta, and he's put all his time into that. His sophomore year, he didn't play football. He came back out last year as a junior and it took him about half the year to get acclimated to football again.

"By the end of the season last year, we saw how dominant he could be. Then this summer, he was with us the whole summer and, for a little while, he almost went to Hargrave Military just to do basketball. He worked it all out. I tried to encourage Justin all along. We could see the potential he had. A 6-7 basketball player, there's a lot of them. A 6-7 receiver with his skill set, they don't come around very often.

"I'm glad he came back out with us. He led us to our first region championship in almost 20 years. We went to the third round of the state playoffs, he had more than 1,000 yards receiving. It was a blessing. It's been neat to see him grow up, and his leadership. He's got a tremendous ceiling because he's got so much to learn football-wise. He just hasn't put a lot of time into it. If he gets in there and just focuses on football, I think he can be scary good."

How did MU assuage any fears he had after Grinch left?

"Going into the visit this weekend, I don't know how excited Justin was, honestly, about it. But getting up there and seeing it, he talked a lot about the facilities, the school in general, the success they've had and how well they do academically. Justin wants to be successful. I think he realized he was dealing with champions up there.

"The coaching staff did a great job of convincing him of that this weekend and making him feel at home. I think that was one of the biggest things with Justin. N.C. State had been on him real heavy and showed him a lot of love. That's important for a high school kid. They want to be wanted, and I think Missouri really showed him this weekend that they wanted him as bad as anybody."

Why have DI schools been so slow to come calling for him?

"He had the opportunity, he was invited to the Under Armour or Rivals, one of those big invitation-only combines last spring and he didn't get to go to that because of AAU basketball. I think that turned a lot of folks off. And he didn't really fully commit to football until, actually, he told me the Friday night after Thanksgiving, when we played our last football game, he told me that night after the game, 'Coach, I want to play college football. I think that's what I'm supposed to do.'

"I guess, with him getting into it this late in the game and really committing to it, he's picked up offers from (Appalachian) State, Georgia Southern has offered him, some more folks. I think Justin's going to be one of those kids that, in several years, there's going to be a lot of these schools that look back and I think they'll realize they made a big mistake.

"You look at a lot of these stars beside a lot of these recruits' names, there's no way you can tell me a kid that's 6-7, can run like he can, jump and do all that, he doesn't have all that. I can tell you he's got the intangibles to be a really, really good player."

© 2015 Columbia Daily Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

duncan_idaho
01-18-2015, 11:39 PM
Smith's highlight film is really impressive.

He does appear to have really special quickness and speed for a guy that big.

Couldn't quite believe it when I started watching his senior highlights and the first 5-6 plays were bubble screens. To a guy who claims he is 6-8.

Nasty.

Also had an offer from Georgia in hoops?

Shit, he and Drew Lock may be better hoops prospects than anyone Mizzou has committed to play hoops next year.

Saul Good
01-19-2015, 10:43 AM
There are a lot of ways you can use a guy with that kind of size. If he has any jumping ability he'll be a great redzone weapon. Probably needs to add strength, but they all do.

Sounds like he's pretty damned strong, actually.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-19-2015, 11:02 AM
Sounds like he's pretty damned strong, actually.

The story on him illustrates some of the inefficiencies in the recruiting process. He doesn't attend the UA camp in the summer, so colleges stray away from offering him.

These are the kinds of kids that allow Pinkel's teams to compete. If they can just lock down the state better, this can be a perennial top 12-15 program.

-King-
01-19-2015, 11:34 AM
Wow. That guy moves for a 6'7 guy.

Mosbonian
01-21-2015, 05:12 AM

Couldn't quite believe it when I started watching his senior highlights and the first 5-6 plays were bubble screens. To a guy who claims he is 6-8.

Nasty.

Shit, he and Drew Lock may be better hoops prospects than anyone Mizzou has committed to play hoops next year.

So Duncan.....are there any good prospects on the present roster to step up and fill the WR shoes? This years WR crew didn't really make defenses worry and if those on the roster already couldn't beat out this crew is the cupboard bare?

Saul Good
01-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Tyler Howell commits to Mizzou. Big OL JUCO addition.

Captain Obvious
01-22-2015, 07:02 PM
Tyler Howell commits to Mizzou. Big OL JUCO addition.

6'9 300+ pounds big.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Do these additions from the JUCO ranks make any of you worry about what guys like Rhodes and Bauer have shown in practice?

Saul Good
01-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Do these additions from the JUCO ranks make any of you worry about what guys like Rhodes and Bauer have shown in practice?

No. Bauer is a Guard. Chappell is the one most affected by this signing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-22-2015, 08:11 PM
No. Bauer is a Guard. Chappell is the one most affected by this signing.

I know Bauer is a guard, but there is a significant amount of flex in the number of lower level tackles that get moved to guard, just like how many NFL guards were college tackles.

Also, Rhodes is a tackle.

Saul Good
01-22-2015, 08:14 PM
This move is about a possible replacement for Chappell and simply adding an extremely talented player.

Pitt Gorilla
01-22-2015, 10:23 PM
I know Bauer is a guard, but there is a significant amount of flex in the number of lower level tackles that get moved to guard, just like how many NFL guards were college tackles.

Also, Rhodes is a tackle.

No worries about either. Clay is coming back from surgery and will be fine.

duncan_idaho
01-23-2015, 10:03 AM
So Duncan.....are there any good prospects on the present roster to step up and fill the WR shoes? This years WR crew didn't really make defenses worry and if those on the roster already couldn't beat out this crew is the cupboard bare?

The best of the bunch is Nate Brown, who flashed at times last year. J'Mon Moore is there athletically but needs to grasp the offense better mentally.

Keyon Dilosa, who redshirted because he ruptured his Achilles', is apparently an absolute freak of nature (and could have played in the bowl game) on Danario Alexander levels (Huge, fast, strong, crazy vertical leap).

They're also going to need a freshman or two to flash, I think. I could see the Johnson kid earning some immediate PT as a kick returner/slot weapon (he's very good in the open field). Smith and Emmanuel Hall are both freshman WRs I'm very high on. Smith has great size and good speed to pair with it. Hall is more 6-2/6-3 but has good speed and seems polished.

I worry more about what Taylor Chappell and the tackles not named Mitch Morse showed in games. The offense clearly was better off playing McGovern at G and letting he and Boehm dominate the interior side-by-side. They can probably limp by with Chappell at RT again (he wasn't completely unplayable there, though he wasn't good) if they can find a more reliable LT.

I still like Rhodes' potential and upside, but he's only got two years in the program. It's more common for guys to need 3-4 to be solid contributors on the OL in college, especially skinny HS tackles like Clay who must add significant strength while improving technique, too.

Howell and Cuellar are, to me, a comment on the staff's comfort level with Chappell and the LT spot in general. In years past, if they were comfortable with Chappell, he'd be the guy sliding over to LT (like Morse did this year and Britt the year before).

I think this year's LT is one of Cuellar, Howell or Rhodes. With the losers pushing for time at RT, hopefully. Michael Fairchild also had a great redshirt season as a spring enrollee and might be in the mix.

Bauer had a solid redshirt year but not an enormously great one due to his hip injury as a HS senior. He's not in Nick Demien "He's never coming all the way back" territory or anything, but expectations for Bauer as a redshirt freshman should probably be tempered a little. He lost a lot of strength and development time to that injury and needs to catch back up.

Mizzou_8541
01-23-2015, 10:10 AM
The best of the bunch is Nate Brown, who flashed at times last year. J'Mon Moore is there athletically but needs to grasp the offense better mentally.

Keyon Dilosa, who redshirted because he ruptured his Achilles', is apparently an absolute freak of nature (and could have played in the bowl game) on Danario Alexander levels (Huge, fast, strong, crazy vertical leap).

They're also going to need a freshman or two to flash, I think. I could see the Johnson kid earning some immediate PT as a kick returner/slot weapon (he's very good in the open field). Smith and Emmanuel Hall are both freshman WRs I'm very high on. Smith has great size and good speed to pair with it. Hall is more 6-2/6-3 but has good speed and seems polished.

I worry more about what Taylor Chappell and the tackles not named Mitch Morse showed in games. The offense clearly was better off playing McGovern at G and letting he and Boehm dominate the interior side-by-side. They can probably limp by with Chappell at RT again (he wasn't completely unplayable there, though he wasn't good) if they can find a more reliable LT.

I still like Rhodes' potential and upside, but he's only got two years in the program. It's more common for guys to need 3-4 to be solid contributors on the OL in college, especially skinny HS tackles like Clay who must add significant strength while improving technique, too.

Howell and Cuellar are, to me, a comment on the staff's comfort level with Chappell and the LT spot in general. In years past, if they were comfortable with Chappell, he'd be the guy sliding over to LT (like Morse did this year and Britt the year before).

I think this year's LT is one of Cuellar, Howell or Rhodes. With the losers pushing for time at RT, hopefully. Michael Fairchild also had a great redshirt season as a spring enrollee and might be in the mix.

Bauer had a solid redshirt year but not an enormously great one due to his hip injury as a HS senior. He's not in Nick Demien "He's never coming all the way back" territory or anything, but expectations for Bauer as a redshirt freshman should probably be tempered a little. He lost a lot of strength and development time to that injury and needs to catch back up.

A few things:

1) Thoughts on the probability of a Hale Hentges flip?
2) Is Lawrence Lee gone gone, like Levi Copelin, or is there a chance he could come back?
3) How do you know Bauer had a solid year last year? Not disagreeing, I just never heard anything at all other then he needed time to recover.

duncan_idaho
01-23-2015, 10:50 AM
A few things:

1) Thoughts on the probability of a Hale Hentges flip?
2) Is Lawrence Lee gone gone, like Levi Copelin, or is there a chance he could come back?
3) How do you know Bauer had a solid year last year? Not disagreeing, I just never heard anything at all other then he needed time to recover.

1) Near zero (I suspect we'll hear he is done with recruiting after his trip to Alabama this weekend)

2) Completely zero. He stole shit from teammates and got caught. Even Shawn Kemp gets irrevocably bounced for that type of behavior. And Shawn Kemp was a hell of a lot better player than Lawrence Lee.

3) The father of a current OL posts on another board I read and has talked about Bauer being in a recovery/rebuild mode this season, as a redshirt. In reports from camps the past year, you also sometimes hear tidbits about players, and Bauer was mentioned as being solid but not spectacular due to his injury recovery. Fairchild, however, was mentioned as standing out numerous times and almost made the two deep as a true freshman.

Mizzou_8541
01-23-2015, 11:36 AM
1) Near zero (I suspect we'll hear he is done with recruiting after his trip to Alabama this weekend)

2) Completely zero. He stole shit from teammates and got caught. Even Shawn Kemp gets irrevocably bounced for that type of behavior. And Shawn Kemp was a hell of a lot better player than Lawrence Lee.

3) The father of a current OL posts on another board I read and has talked about Bauer being in a recovery/rebuild mode this season, as a redshirt. In reports from camps the past year, you also sometimes hear tidbits about players, and Bauer was mentioned as being solid but not spectacular due to his injury recovery. Fairchild, however, was mentioned as standing out numerous times and almost made the two deep as a true freshman.

Thank you sir.

1) Was hoping that his father's comments had some legitimacy.
2) I hadn't heard he stole shit.
3) Unlike our basketball team, the OL seemed to improve as the season went on. Excited to hear this about Bauer.

tomahawk kid
01-23-2015, 11:40 AM

It'd have been interesting to be a fly on the wall during Hentges recruiting.

Obviously, Bama is Bama. That's a great opportunity for the young man - but rumors have been around for awhile that Hentges' dad holds ill will toward Mizzou based on HIS recruting experience there back in the day.

Regardless, Bama is recruting 2 OTHER 4 Star TE's and Saban is notorious for over-signing and then pulling offers or "grey shirting" players at the last minute. It should be interesting to see how this plays out......

WhawhaWhat
01-23-2015, 12:24 PM
2) I hadn't heard he stole shit.

According to MU police (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article4273576.html), Lee stole a laptop from the South Hall dormitory on Nov. 10 or 11. Two days later, Lee is alleged to have stolen a video game and controller from the same dorm.

He became the focus of the MU police investigation Tuesday after allegedly stealing an iPhone from a locker room at the Mizzou Athletic Training Center that afternoon.

words.

duncan_idaho
01-23-2015, 12:45 PM
It'd have been interesting to be a fly on the wall during Hentges recruiting.

Obviously, Bama is Bama. That's a great opportunity for the young man - but rumors have been around for awhile that Hentges' dad holds ill will toward Mizzou based on HIS recruting experience there back in the day.

Regardless, Bama is recruting 2 OTHER 4 Star TE's and Saban is notorious for over-signing and then pulling offers or "grey shirting" players at the last minute. It should be interesting to see how this plays out......

I think it's more a matter of Bama being Bama than his dad being upset or anything. And if he's holding a grudge 30 years later, that seems petty and weak-minded.

General:

I was just looking at recruiting commit lists and comparing ESPN, Rivals and 247. ESPN is much higher on this class than the other two, but it still is Missouri's best class since 2010.

If Missouri closes in a best-case scenario over the next two weekends, which actually seems decently possible, it is going to add DT Terry Beckner, WR Brandon Martin (who is on campus today), DE Nate Howard (flipping him from Wisconsin), DT Tyrell Jacobs, and LB Quarter Sapp.

This would give Missouri 11 4-stars or better according to ESPN (Beckner, Lock, AJ Harris, Nate Strong, WRs Richaud Floyd, Brandon Martin, and Ronnell Perkins, JUCO DE Marcell Frazier, JUCO OT Tyler Howell, GA ATH T.J. Warren and GA LB Quarte Sapp).

ESPN obviously is higher on this class than anyone else. Which may not say anything about the actual talent in the class, but it does say something about what their talking heads are going to say about Mizzou.

On 247 Spots, they would still have 7 4-stars or better (Beckner, Lock, Strong, JUCO RB Chase Abbington, ATH Marquise Doherty, WR Justin Smith, and LB Sapp).

On Rivals, it would be 7 4-stars or better (Beckner, Lock, Strong, Abbington, Doherty, Sapp, Harris)

Stars aren't the end-all, be-all, but the recruiting services like this recruiting class more than any other Mizzou has had of late. And I do, too.

I think Lock and Beckner are true stars at the college level. Especially Lock. They're going to get at least one playmaker out of the RB group (though Strong is already enrolled at JUCO and not making it to Columbia until 2016), I actually love this WR group (size and speed combos in Smith and Hall, and a dynamite open-field/slot/multiple purpose guy in Johnson) and think it produces at least one star, and they're adding a bunch of high caliber athletes on the back end of the defense (Doherty, Warren, Sapp/Terez Hall).

Mizzou_8541
01-23-2015, 01:56 PM
words.

Wow. Good riddance.

KChiefs1
01-24-2015, 02:57 PM
Tyrell Jacobs the DT from Louisiana who decommitted from Oklahoma has committed to Mizzou.

KChiefs1
01-24-2015, 03:01 PM
Under Armor All-American WR Brandon Martin from Dallas TX has committed too.

Pitt Gorilla
01-24-2015, 03:09 PM
Awesome finish to this class.

Pepe Silvia
01-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Over/Under on when the decent players get arrested and then kicked off?

KChiefs1
01-24-2015, 03:51 PM
From Bleacher Report:

Terry Beckner Jr

It is very scary to watch a defensive tackle run the 40-yard dash in 4.8 seconds.

Terry Beckner Jr. is a 5-star DT for a reason. For a guy who stands at 6'4" and weighs 293 pounds, it's almost poetic watching him run like a linebacker-or, in some cases, like a safety. His combination of size, speed, athleticism and explosiveness off the line has made him a wanted man for quite some time.

So, where is the East St. Louis, Illinois, star leaning?

After a productive visit to Auburn, you have to think the Tigers have moved into a position of being considered strong contenders in the Beckner sweepstakes. Florida State, Missouri and Ohio State are three other major players as we inch closer to national signing day.

If you're an Auburn fan, you have to like your odds-more so now than a couple of weeks ago. In fact, why not have some fun and throw out some percentages for the four teams thought to be in the lead?

Odds for Auburn: 3-1

Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports chatted with East St. Louis assistant coach Harith Mitchom following Beckner's visit to Auburn. The visit was a game-changer in Beckner's process.

"If you would've asked me last week, I would've said Mizzou strong and FSU edging in, but after coming back from this Auburn visit, he was more excited than I ever saw after a visit," Mitchom told Wiltfong. "Whatever they did down there really, really caught his eye."

Great news for Auburn, but there are still two official visits left for Beckner. He visits Ohio State this weekend and Missouri next weekend.

Terry Beckner Jr. Will Commit to Which School?

Auburn Ohio State Missouri Florida State Other Submit Vote vote to see results

Odds for Ohio State: 4-1

Earlier in the process, many thought Ohio State was a legitimate leader for Beckner. For whatever reason, the flame fizzled, and the Buckeyes were considered but not necessarily a lock, according to those following his recruiting.

Let's be honest: Championships talk-and they are loud when they talk. The Buckeyes are the first College Football Playoff champion, and there is room for Beckner on that defensive unit.

Don't forget about Urban Meyer. Beckner is in Columbus for an official visit this weekend-and Meyer is one of the best closers in 11th-hour recruiting. See Dontre Wilson and Ezekiel Elliott as examples.

Odds for Missouri: 5-1

Missouri is less than two hours away from East St. Louis, so proximity advantages go to the Tigers. And we must give credit where credit is due: Missouri has been a key player in the SEC East. The Tigers definitely would welcome a player of Beckner's caliber, as he could help put Missouri in national conversations.

Here's another big advantage for Missouri: The program has Beckner's last scheduled official visit. Those who know recruiting know that oftentimes, the last visit is the most memorable, and the most memorable visit could be the visit that puts a program over the top.

Missouri once was considered a front-runner. As January continues, other programs have caught the Tigers. But that doesn't mean they can't win in the end.

Odds for Florida State: 6-1

Florida State is a team that's been a program to keep an eye on. Beckner visited the campus back in November, and he's always considered the Seminoles a contender.

You've got to give credit to Florida State assistant coach Tim Brewster, who has done an outstanding job recruiting Beckner. The main disadvantage with Florida State is that, from an official visit standpoint, they won't be fresh in Beckner's mind. A positive, however, is that every visit after Florida State will have to be compared to the experience in Tallahassee.

Beckner said during the Under Armour All-America Game that Florida State was still high on his list. Seminoles fans will be paying attention from now until his decision.

Pitt Gorilla
01-24-2015, 04:43 PM
Over/Under on when the decent players get arrested and then kicked off?
Seriously, nobody is dumb enough to think you're a mizzou fan. Just stop.

Bowser
01-24-2015, 04:53 PM
Hey Duncan (or anyone else in the know), where is Marquise Doherty projecting for the Tigers? I know he's coming in without a set position, but I assumed he'd be a defensive backfield guy. This article seems to think he would help at receiver...

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2015-sec-east-true-freshmen-impact/

Mosbonian
01-24-2015, 05:00 PM

Thanks....now a second question:

Is there any scenario in which you see Lock coming in and adapting so well that Pinkel is left with no option but to start him and put Mauk either on the bench or at slot receiver/possession receiver?

KChiefs1
01-24-2015, 05:40 PM
From Rock M:

Brandon Martin is a 6'3, 185 lbs wide receiver from Dallas, Texas (Rivals: *** | 247: *** | ESPN: ****).

There is a lot to like about this commit so check out his film. He chose Mizzou over Louisville, West Virginia. Despite concerns, Mizzou will not be shut out of Texas.

Brandon Martin joins Richaud Floyd, Emanuel Hall, Johnathan Johnson, Justin Smith and Ronnell Perkins with reservations at the wide receiver position for the 2015 class. Mizzou may not have a lot of returning experience at the wide receiver position next year, but they will have a talented pool of athletes competing for playing time for the next few years.

From yesterday:

Martin was selected to play in the Under Armour All-American game. He is a receiver, and while Mizzou appears mostly set at this position -- to the point where other prospects recently canceled visits because of lack of availability -- Mizzou likes him enough to keep an offer on the table. (It's not hard to see why. He's only listed at 6'3, 185, but he carries himself like he's 6'5, 220 on film.) ESPN likes him quite a bit (which is the case for quite a few Mizzou prospects, actually), and Rivals lists him as the No. 100 senior in the state of Texas.

Welcome to the family Brandon Martin.

#MizzouMade

KChiefs1
01-24-2015, 05:51 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article8078868.html

Missouri landed two more commitments Saturday with pledges from a pair of Rivals three-star recruits, Prime Prep Academy wide receiver Brandon Martin from Dallas and Rummel High School defensive end Tyrell Jacobs from Metairie, La.

The Tigers continue to stockpile talent at wide receiver, which is position of need after losing all three starters from 2014 — Bud Sasser, Jimmie Hunt and Darius White — to graduation.

The latest addition is Martin a 6-foot-3, 205-pound speedster, who reportedly ran a 4.37 40-yard dash, is ranked No. 101 in the 2015 ESPN 300.

ESPN lists Martin, who was recruited by Pat Washington, as a four-star talent.

duncan_idaho
01-24-2015, 05:58 PM
From Bleacher Report:

Terry Beckner Jr

It is very scary to watch a defensive tackle run the 40-yard dash in 4.8 seconds.

Terry Beckner Jr. is a 5-star DT for a reason. For a guy who stands at 6'4" and weighs 293 pounds, it's almost poetic watching him run like a linebacker-or, in some cases, like a safety. His combination of size, speed, athleticism and explosiveness off the line has made him a wanted man for quite some time.

So, where is the East St. Louis, Illinois, star leaning?

After a productive visit to Auburn, you have to think the Tigers have moved into a position of being considered strong contenders in the Beckner sweepstakes. Florida State, Missouri and Ohio State are three other major players as we inch closer to national signing day.

If you're an Auburn fan, you have to like your odds-more so now than a couple of weeks ago. In fact, why not have some fun and throw out some percentages for the four teams thought to be in the lead?

Odds for Auburn: 3-1

Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports chatted with East St. Louis assistant coach Harith Mitchom following Beckner's visit to Auburn. The visit was a game-changer in Beckner's process.

"If you would've asked me last week, I would've said Mizzou strong and FSU edging in, but after coming back from this Auburn visit, he was more excited than I ever saw after a visit," Mitchom told Wiltfong. "Whatever they did down there really, really caught his eye."

Great news for Auburn, but there are still two official visits left for Beckner. He visits Ohio State this weekend and Missouri next weekend.

Terry Beckner Jr. Will Commit to Which School?

Auburn Ohio State Missouri Florida State Other Submit Vote vote to see results

Odds for Ohio State: 4-1

Earlier in the process, many thought Ohio State was a legitimate leader for Beckner. For whatever reason, the flame fizzled, and the Buckeyes were considered but not necessarily a lock, according to those following his recruiting.

Let's be honest: Championships talk-and they are loud when they talk. The Buckeyes are the first College Football Playoff champion, and there is room for Beckner on that defensive unit.

Don't forget about Urban Meyer. Beckner is in Columbus for an official visit this weekend-and Meyer is one of the best closers in 11th-hour recruiting. See Dontre Wilson and Ezekiel Elliott as examples.

Odds for Missouri: 5-1

Missouri is less than two hours away from East St. Louis, so proximity advantages go to the Tigers. And we must give credit where credit is due: Missouri has been a key player in the SEC East. The Tigers definitely would welcome a player of Beckner's caliber, as he could help put Missouri in national conversations.

Here's another big advantage for Missouri: The program has Beckner's last scheduled official visit. Those who know recruiting know that oftentimes, the last visit is the most memorable, and the most memorable visit could be the visit that puts a program over the top.

Missouri once was considered a front-runner. As January continues, other programs have caught the Tigers. But that doesn't mean they can't win in the end.

Odds for Florida State: 6-1

Florida State is a team that's been a program to keep an eye on. Beckner visited the campus back in November, and he's always considered the Seminoles a contender.

You've got to give credit to Florida State assistant coach Tim Brewster, who has done an outstanding job recruiting Beckner. The main disadvantage with Florida State is that, from an official visit standpoint, they won't be fresh in Beckner's mind. A positive, however, is that every visit after Florida State will have to be compared to the experience in Tallahassee.

Beckner said during the Under Armour All-America Game that Florida State was still high on his list. Seminoles fans will be paying attention from now until his decision.

Stop reading Bleacher Report unless it is to laugh at it. Auburn is not the front runner. Florida State is not the front runner. Missouri is still ahead. Darren Sunkett is the authority from that team to listen to, and he said this week Missouri is still in front. Sunkett is also a big ally for the Missouri program, and he is on the trip with Beckner.

Ohio State is the most dangerous competition. If Beckner makes it past the weekend without committing

Hey Duncan (or anyone else in the know), where is Marquise Doherty projecting for the Tigers? I know he's coming in without a set position, but I assumed he'd be a defensive backfield guy. This article seems to think he would help at receiver...

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2015-sec-east-true-freshmen-impact/

I think Doherty is slated for RB or the defensive backfield. SDS is, as usual, off base about how a recruit fits in for Mizzou. The Tigers got a commit from Brandon Martin, a WR who participated in the Under Armor game but has qualification questions, this weekend, to pair with jumbo WR Justin Smith and open-field guy Jonathan Johnson, as well as Ronnell Perkins, Richaud Floyd and Emmannuel Hall.

I don't think Missouri takes 6 pure WRs if the plan is to use Doherty there.

duncan_idaho
01-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Thanks....now a second question:

Is there any scenario in which you see Lock coming in and adapting so well that Pinkel is left with no option but to start him and put Mauk either on the bench or at slot receiver/possession receiver?

I highly doubt that.

I think Lock is a stud, but he has to get stronger and heavier to hold up to the D1 game.

I think he sits for at least a year, probably two.

If he just completely blows away Mauk, though, Pinkel might consider it. He'd have to do it in spring practice, I think, because that's the only time Pinkel has supplanted returning starters (Brad Smith/Kirk Farmer).

Valiant
01-24-2015, 06:07 PM

Nasty.

Can't teach speed or size, so that is huge.. At his size he will need to add minimum of 20lbs of muscle though depending on his routes..

Pitt Gorilla
01-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Beckner is NOT going to Auburn. I'm sure they gave him a sack of 20s, but he's still Mizzou's to lose. CUM is really the only guy to worry about.

KChiefs1
01-24-2015, 06:19 PM
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/01/louisiana_native_under_armour.html

Prime Prep receiver Brandon Martin committed to Missouri Saturday. The Under Armour All-American hails from Monroe and chose the Tigers Louisiville and West Virginia among several other programs.

NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune's James Smith said the 6-foot-4, 205-pound prospect has a very impressive skill-set.

Martin was set to take an official visit to LSU on Jan. 30 and LSU wide receiver coach Adam Henry recently visited Martin.

Smith reported "the Tigers are looking at all options in regards to his recruitment."

KChiefs1
01-24-2015, 07:24 PM
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/01/rummels_tyrell_jacobs_commite.html

For Tyrell Jacobs, it all boiled down to family.

During an official visit to Missouri this weekend, Jacobs immediately found the atmosphere he'd been hoping to find since re-opening his commitment just over a month ago — one that resembled that of a family.

"The coaches love me and the atmosphere was just right," said Jacobs, who earlier this week told NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune he intended to wait until National Signing Day on Feb. 4 to make his ultimate decision. "No one was forcing it or anything, and just the players' interactions with me and the coaches' (interaction with me), and (my family) loved it.

"I wasn't even thinking about committing. I was just waiting. It just felt like home, though. (My family) loved it ever since we stepped off the plane. They just had that feeling. It's hard to explain. ... I wanted to a part of the Zou."

Jacobs was an Oklahoma commit for the entirety of his senior season at Rummel, but re-opened his recruitment in December after the Sooners' 7-5 regular season came to an end and numerous starters declared they were returning.

Story by
Sam Spiegelman- and -Jim Derry
NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Early playing time was another critical factor in Jacobs' decision, and Missouri promised the 6-foot-4, 265-pound defensive lineman just that.

"It's a good chance," Jacobs said, in reference to seeing the field as a true freshman next season.

Offensive line coach Josh Henson and wide receivers coach Pat Washington played integral roles in recruiting Jacobs, which dated back to before he even committed to Oklahoma back in July. Jacobs met with head coach Gary Pinkel during his recent visit.

"With Tyrell, he's a great kid on and off the field," Rummel Coach Jay Roth said. "And going to play in the SEC, he's probably in a better situation (than if he had stayed at Oklahoma)."

Numerous members of the current Tigers front seven are off to the NFL in 2015. Among them: defensive ends Markus Golden and Shane Ray. Both are expected to be high draft picks.

Given that Missouri has also produced first-round NFL picks like Aldon Smith and Kony Ealy, it was an opportunity Jacobs said he had to seize.

"It really helped me (make my decision) because it shows you that there's a real chance of making it there," he said. "But anyone can make it from any school, but Missouri is the place to be."

Last weekend, Jacobs took an official visit to Kansas State and met with head coach Bill Snyder, and had left next weekend open to take a third. He has not decided if he'll take that visit still, or if he does, which school he'll head to.

He received interest from the likes of LSU, Maryland, Texas A&M and Illinois, among others, after de-committing from Oklahoma last month.

In addition, Jacobs originally planned to make his final decision on National Signing Day on Feb. 4, and told NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune that once he made up his mind, he would not go back on his decision.

Jacobs remains firm that Missouri will be his college destination.

"I'm not the type of person (to change his mind)," he said. "I'm loyal. Once I commit, I'm coming there, and I promise I'll be the best player out there."

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-24-2015, 10:26 PM
Great news on the recruiting front the last few days, but Strong not qualifying is a nut shot. Seems like every other year we get a 4*+ kid from St. Louis who doesn't qualify (Sheldon, Abbington, Strong).

Pitt Gorilla
01-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Great news on the recruiting front the last few days, but Strong not qualifying is a nut shot. Seems like every other year we get a 4*+ kid from St. Louis who doesn't qualify (Sheldon, Abbington, Strong).If he follows their paths, we'll be fine. We also have plenty of backs ready to go.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-24-2015, 10:40 PM
If he follows their paths, we'll be fine. We also have plenty of backs ready to go.

The last two SECCGs have shown pretty definitively that the next steps for Missouri are strengthening its OL and the back seven on defense. Guys like Strong are vital to this program, because they could either be very good RBs or they could easily transition to S or LB and Missouri has always struggled immensely in recruiting those positions. Our athletes are just not consistently good enough back there.

duncan_idaho
01-24-2015, 11:41 PM
The last two SECCGs have shown pretty definitively that the next steps for Missouri are strengthening its OL and the back seven on defense. Guys like Strong are vital to this program, because they could either be very good RBs or they could easily transition to S or LB and Missouri has always struggled immensely in recruiting those positions. Our athletes are just not consistently good enough back there.

He's already enrolled at JUCO and will be on campus in 2016 if all goes to plan, so it at least is only one year he misses being on campus.

Most of those East St. Louis kids are going to have a hard time qualifying out of HS. Missouri's ability to take care of them is one of the reasons Sunkett likes Pinkel now.

Beckner doesn't seem to have the same issue, but the next big kid - 2017 WR Jeff Thomas - likely will. If mizzou can sign and place those kids and still get three years out of them, that's not bad.

KChiefs1
01-25-2015, 01:57 PM
Is Beckner waiting until NSD to announce?

Wonder how his Ohio State visit is going?

tomahawk kid
01-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Is Beckner waiting until NSD to announce?

Wonder how his Ohio State visit is going?

From what I've read - Sunkett is on the trip with Beckner, but his mom isn't.

That would seem to be a VERY good sign for ol'Mizzou.

I have developed a seething hatred for Urban Meyer, that reaches almost John Elway like levels of disdain.

Captain Obvious
01-25-2015, 06:56 PM
Hentges reconfirmed his commitment to Alabama and is no longer visiting Mizzou.

Discuss Thrower
01-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Welp

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This is big… per sources, Missouri defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski has been offered Co-DC / DL at Illinois <a href="http://t.co/sNnVtz3C1h">http://t.co/sNnVtz3C1h</a></p>&mdash; FootballScoop Staff (@FootballScoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/559558204665778176">January 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Our understanding is that Kuligowski is expected to accept the position at Illinois. Very big hire for Tim Beckman <a href="http://t.co/sNnVtz3C1h">http://t.co/sNnVtz3C1h</a></p>&mdash; FootballScoop Staff (@FootballScoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/559558439441932288">January 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

Bowser
01-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Shit

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-25-2015, 10:01 PM
You gotta be fucking kidding me. This is what I was afraid of when Odom got the gig.

If this costs us Beckner...shit.

Pitt Gorilla
01-25-2015, 10:02 PM
He'd be insane to leave for Illinois. Much better jobs will be available to him in the near future.

TribalElder
01-25-2015, 10:08 PM
Welp

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This is big… per sources, Missouri defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski has been offered Co-DC / DL at Illinois <a href="http://t.co/sNnVtz3C1h">http://t.co/sNnVtz3C1h</a></p>&mdash; FootballScoop Staff (@FootballScoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/559558204665778176">January 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Our understanding is that Kuligowski is expected to accept the position at Illinois. Very big hire for Tim Beckman <a href="http://t.co/sNnVtz3C1h">http://t.co/sNnVtz3C1h</a></p>&mdash; FootballScoop Staff (@FootballScoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/559558439441932288">January 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

Why wasn't he mizzou dc again?

Pepe Silvia
01-25-2015, 11:14 PM
He'd be insane to leave for Illinois. Much better jobs will be available to him in the near future.

He's pissed for being passed over if he took that shit job, that staff at Illinois is on the verge of being fired. Plus its Co-DC not even full DC.

KChiefs1
01-25-2015, 11:22 PM
Illiannoy? What a shit job!

Kul is pissed.

Pepe Silvia
01-25-2015, 11:59 PM
@AroundMizzou: Source: Craig Kuligowski has accepted an offer from Illinois to become their defensive coordinator / defensive line coach. #Mizzou

Reaper16
01-26-2015, 01:22 AM
I hope this is just angling for a raise. Otherwise, um, R.I.P. Mizzou football?

TribalElder
01-26-2015, 08:06 AM
I guess that's what happens when organizations don't aknowledge accomplishments of star performers

Perineum Ripper
01-26-2015, 08:26 AM
Well..shit..that fucking blows

kepp
01-26-2015, 08:26 AM
I guess that's what happens when organizations don't aknowledge accomplishments of star performers

I have to think that there were other things going on behind the scenes there. Pinkel is loyal to a fault and almost always promotes from within. I know Odom is former Mizzou, but Pinkel had to have known the risks of pissing Kul off.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-26-2015, 08:33 AM
I think the doom and gloom is a little presumptuous in this thread. No one from the athletic Dept. has given any indication that Coach Kul was unhappy with Odom's hiring or that even wanted the position. Plus, all of this is being leaked from the Illinois side so far. It's no secret that Illinois was pissed about the Ricker hiring. Could be some payback for that? Not saying the Illini didn't make an offer to Kul, but them making an offer and him accepting are two different things. Further, we're talking a coaching regimen at Illinois that is on the verge of being shitcanned. No stability there whatsoever. Not sure why Coach Kul would leave a mid-tier to potentially up-tier SEC program to go to a bottom tier Big 10 program in Illinois. And the timing right before NSD?!? Coach Kul has been meeting with recruits all week and has always been a very classy guy. Don't see him blind siding Mizzou with this out of nowhere right before NSD, which could cost them some recruits. Just find it hard to believe.

I'm fairly confident an offer was made, but I think it was done for a number of reasons and I think it is MUCH more likely that Illinois is stirring the pot, trying to piss in Mizzou's Cheerios or could even be that Kul's agent (Jimmy Sexton - Mizzou fans know him well) is angling for a raise, which is certainly well deserved IMO.

I just don't see him leaving Mizzou for Illinois, even for a title promotion. I think this is all much ado about nothing, but I guess we'll wait and see. If I'm wrong, I'll own it. But nothing about this situation makes sense.

But Coach Kul does deserve a raise and Mizzou needs to make that happen ASAP!

duncan_idaho
01-26-2015, 09:02 AM
I have to think that there were other things going on behind the scenes there. Pinkel is loyal to a fault and almost always promotes from within. I know Odom is former Mizzou, but Pinkel had to have known the risks of pissing Kul off.

Here's the way I look at it:

Pinkel knows Kul pretty well. He's been on staff with Pinkel for like 23 years. Pinkel knows he aspires to be a defensive coordinator and had passed him over once before.

When Pinkel hired Odom, he had to have a pretty good idea of the effect it would have on Kuligiowski. Yet he still went outside the program to make the hire.

That means either Pinkel is confident they can keep Kul with a raise, or he's not incredibly concerned about losing him.

Losing one position coach - even one as excellent as Kul - is not going to kill the program, as long as the hire to replace him is a quality one.

Pitt Gorilla
01-26-2015, 12:49 PM
Matter tweeted that he expects Kul to stay.

Al Bundy
01-26-2015, 12:57 PM
HAVE to believe Beckner is an MU guy at this point.

Saul Good
01-26-2015, 01:03 PM
Kul confirms that he is staying.

Pitt Gorilla
01-26-2015, 01:14 PM
He'd be insane to leave for Illinois. Much better jobs will be available to him in the near future.this. Kul is nowhere near that stupid.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Kul confirms that he is staying.

As expected. Much ado about nothing (other than a healthy raise).

Pitt Gorilla
01-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Illinois fans were really talking up how great Kul is. It's always nice to see that kind of appreciation from another fanbase.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-26-2015, 01:58 PM
Coach Kul is great and I'd hate to lose him, but at some point with Mizzou's D-Line success, some big name Power 5 is gonna come along and offer him the D-Cord tag. And he'll probably take it. As he probably should.

But as Duncan mentioned, the Mizzou football program isn't make or break with one assistant. He's great at what he does, but Mizzou has a system they believe very strongly in and the next guy, whoever he is, will plug into that system and keep going. Whenever that time comes.

But there was no way in hell he was leaving for Illinois of all places . . . . .

Pitt Gorilla
01-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Coach Kul is great and I'd hate to lose him, but at some point with Mizzou's D-Line success, some big name Power 5 is gonna come along and offer him the D-Cord tag. And he'll probably take it. As he probably should.

But as Duncan mentioned, the Mizzou football program isn't make or break with one assistant. He's great at what he does, but Mizzou has a system they believe very strongly in and the next guy, whoever he is, will plug into that system and keep going. Whenever that time comes.

But there was no way in hell he was leaving for Illinois of all places . . . . .Agreed. That being said, Mizzou needs to do all they can to keep Dr. Ivey happy.

WhawhaWhat
01-28-2015, 07:20 AM
Josh Moore, 3-star TE, decommitted from Kansas yesterday and he has a visit to Mizzou on Friday. He was committed to Ohio State last summer but then chose Kansas instead.

KChiefs1
01-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Josh Moore, 3-star TE, decommitted from Kansas yesterday and he has a visit to Mizzou on Friday. He was committed to Ohio State last summer but then chose Kansas instead.

That's hilarious! I just posted his twitter in the KU thread.

Pitt Gorilla
01-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Josh Moore, 3-star TE, decommitted from Kansas yesterday and he has a visit to Mizzou on Friday. He was committed to Ohio State last summer but then chose Kansas instead.As I previously noted, he was NEVER going to ku.

duncan_idaho
01-28-2015, 10:11 AM

Had offers from a lot of major schools but many backed off, possibly due to grade concerns. Reported offers from: Ohio State, Florida State, Auburn, Nebraska, Oklahoma, among others, during the early recruiting period (pre-senior year).

Apparently Weir had him commit to Kansas to make sure he'd have a spot somewhere on signing day.

The mother of a fellow Olathe North grad, who also played football there and at Mizzou, is on PowerMizzou and has mentioned that Moore still has a chance to qualify. But if he doesn't, and this is another sign and place?

I think I like it.

Missouri seems to have found something/a comfort level with the sign and place system, especially with schools that will allow a guy to redshirt one of the two years he is at JUCO.

Chase Abbington in this recruiting class was a sign-and-place who will come in with three years of eligibility remaining. Markus Golden and Sheldon Richardson were the same way.

Nate Strong, Brandon Martin and now Josh Moore are all candidates for that for Mizzou. It's probably going to be an ongoing part of the strategy with East St. Louis kids, where HS qualification is a significant and ongoing issue, so it's smart.

Pitt Gorilla
01-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Had offers from a lot of major schools but many backed off, possibly due to grade concerns. Reported offers from: Ohio State, Florida State, Auburn, Nebraska, Oklahoma, among others, during the early recruiting period (pre-senior year).

Apparently Weir had him commit to Kansas to make sure he'd have a spot somewhere on signing day.

The mother of a fellow Olathe North grad, who also played football there and at Mizzou, is on PowerMizzou and has mentioned that Moore still has a chance to qualify. But if he doesn't, and this is another sign and place?

I think I like it.

Missouri seems to have found something/a comfort level with the sign and place system, especially with schools that will allow a guy to redshirt one of the two years he is at JUCO.

Chase Abbington in this recruiting class was a sign-and-place who will come in with three years of eligibility remaining. Markus Golden and Sheldon Richardson were the same way.

Nate Strong, Brandon Martin and now Josh Moore are all candidates for that for Mizzou. It's probably going to be an ongoing part of the strategy with East St. Louis kids, where HS qualification is a significant and ongoing issue, so it's smart.Even if they only get the recruit on the field for one year, it's been a huge benefit for the community colleges.

Pitt Gorilla
01-28-2015, 12:26 PM
It appears that Mizzou is slow-playing another ku commit (Dorance Armstrong) in the case that Nate Howard sticks with Wisky.

Mizzou_8541
01-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Anyone have any insight on Terry Beckner Jr., as in will it be us, tOSU or FSU?

duncan_idaho
01-30-2015, 04:14 PM

Pretty confident it's Mizzou because of Darren Sunkett's influence and relationship with Pinkel and co.

Should know a bit more on Sunday/Monday, after his official visit wraps up.

Mizzou_8541
01-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Pretty confident it's Mizzou because of Darren Sunkett's influence and relationship with Pinkel and co.

Should know a bit more on Sunday/Monday, after his official visit wraps up.

Sorry to be that guy, what about Howard?

Mizzou_8541
01-30-2015, 07:32 PM

Oh, and my bad on the lack of Oxford comma. Apologies.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2015, 07:34 PM
I walked by Mauk on campus today. First time I'd seen him up close. He's taller than I thought. I'm 6'1" and he looked as tall as me. He does look small, though. We shared eye contact for a few milliseconds too long, like he could sense that I wished death upon him, and secretly, he wanted my demise as well.

Mizzou_8541
01-30-2015, 07:36 PM
I walked by Mauk on campus today. First time I'd seen him up close. He's taller than I thought. I'm 6'1" and he looked as tall as me. He does look small, though. We shared eye contact for a few milliseconds too long, like he could sense that I wished death upon him, and secretly, he wanted my demise as well.

Lol. Crying.

kchero
01-30-2015, 08:00 PM

LMAO

Sorter
01-30-2015, 08:09 PM

LMAO

Bowser
01-30-2015, 08:23 PM
I walked by Mauk on campus today. First time I'd seen him up close. He's taller than I thought. I'm 6'1" and he looked as tall as me. He does look small, though. We shared eye contact for a few milliseconds too long, like he could sense that I wished death upon him, and secretly, he wanted my demise as well.Maybe it was the "Drew Lock in 2015" t-shirt you had on?

This is the Hamas death stare I have pictured in my mind...

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/bertstare/grand/overeemgif.gif

bowener
01-30-2015, 09:09 PM

I did a double take and locked eyes with Chase Daniel in old Brady Commons once. He gave me a nod and a shit eating grin, and I shook my head no in an attempt to convey the reason I looked at him was to try and discern how that man and his physical body could be a successful D1 quarterback. Dude was short and fat with a double chin.

Pitt Gorilla
01-30-2015, 10:11 PM
Rivals appears to be down. Howard's announcement is soon.

Pitt Gorilla
01-30-2015, 10:17 PM
Howard to Mizzou!!! Dude will be a monster.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Howard to Mizzou!!! Dude will be a monster.

That's a badass flip. Now if they can get Beckner, what started out as a "Meh" class has a chance to challenge 2010's for best of Pinkel's tenure.

Pitt Gorilla
01-30-2015, 10:21 PM
That's a badass flip. Now if they can get Beckner, what started out as a "Meh" class has a chance to challenge 2010's for best of Pinkel's tenure.
Um, you appear to be missing a gif in your post...

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2015, 10:22 PM
<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OwVjpWIjhZE/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Pitt Gorilla
01-30-2015, 10:26 PM
<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OwVjpWIjhZE/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Lol. I was going for the pitcher, but this is outstanding as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Lol. I was going for the pitcher, but this is outstanding as well.

I'm saving that one for a certain defensive tackle from the murder capital of the US.

WhawhaWhat
01-30-2015, 10:36 PM
Nate Howard, 3-star DE, flipped from Wisconsin to Mizzou.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Nate Howard, 3-star DE, flipped from Wisconsin to Mizzou.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/5442/899118-theonion_moon_landing.jpg

Saul Good
01-30-2015, 10:44 PM
This is a big get. If you asked them right now, I'd bet the staff would say that this is already the class they felt best about. Getting Beckner would the icing on the cake.

Discuss Thrower
01-30-2015, 10:56 PM

He gives everyone that look.

Or he just won't look at you at all when he's doing leg stretches and some Glendale kid won't STFU about something inane.

Saul Good
01-30-2015, 11:01 PM
There will likely be a long stretch of time during which Maty Mauk will be the winningest QB in Mizzou history.

KChiefs1
01-30-2015, 11:15 PM
There will likely be a long stretch of time during which Maty Mauk will be the winningest QB in Mizzou history.

Yep

Rams Fan
01-31-2015, 01:22 AM
Howard has the athletic frame and tools to be dominant, and has shown that performance for short periods of time. However, in some games, it looks he goes through the motions or doesn't try that hard.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2015, 02:56 PM
Josh Moore, ***, 6'5, 250LB TE from Olathe North, just flipped to Missouri.

Discuss Thrower
01-31-2015, 02:58 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/2d/2d45a813a5806575dbc14415f381aed809f5603922e0de5e215a3c9bbcf1aa5f.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
01-31-2015, 05:30 PM
Cusumano just tweeted to Larry Thorton that the Beckner family told him this has been the best visit they have had and that the ovation and shirts really made them feel special.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2015, 05:45 PM
Cusumano just tweeted to Larry Thorton that the Beckner family told him this has been the best visit they have had and that the ovation and shirts really made them feel special.

Link?

That's great. Mizzou took some crap for the MIZ-DGB shit, but I think those extra touches to make a difference.

Mosbonian
02-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Looks like we are actually having a decent recruiting season....if we get Beckner it is going to make waiting for football season to get started much easier.

And something to look forward to.

Saul Good
02-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Terez Hall just committed. This class just keeps getting better.

Pitt Gorilla
02-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Awesome. It still cracks me up that the Iowa state kid wants to commit, but we won't let him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-01-2015, 10:31 PM

Holy shit, that is an awesome pull. Guys like him and Brandon Lee are exactly the kind of LBs we need

Pitt Gorilla
02-01-2015, 10:33 PM
Holy shit, that is an awesome pull. Guys like him and Brandon Lee are exactly the kind of LBs we need
Come on, man. Give us a gif.

Saul Good
02-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Does that leave us with 2 spots...hopefully Beckner and Hawkins?

TribalElder
02-01-2015, 10:34 PM
#MizzouMade: #STL!!!! GP
?????? from GaryPinkel Twitter

https://twitter.com/GaryPinkel/status/561378473579921408

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Come on, man. Give us a gif.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/fckya.gif

TribalElder
02-01-2015, 10:37 PM
https://twitter.com/btaustin/status/562103340579180545

Brian Austin ‏@btaustin

Home of Mizzou target Terez Hall RT @Coach_Otter: Welcome to the #MizFam Lithonia, GA About to be #MizzouMade”

Pitt Gorilla
02-01-2015, 10:38 PM
https://twitter.com/btaustin/status/562103340579180545

Brian Austin ‏@btaustin

Home of Mizzou target Terez Hall RT @Coach_Otter: Welcome to the #MizFam Lithonia, GA About to be #MizzouMade”PowerMizzou now saying Hall hasn't yet committed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-01-2015, 10:39 PM
PowerMizzou now saying Hall hasn't yet committed.

http://img.pandawhale.com/39226-SjqQ1gif-BYVv.gif

DeezNutz
02-01-2015, 10:41 PM
"PowerMizzou" also says that Anderson deserves another couple of years.

-King-
02-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Did Pinkel do the helicopter thing with Beckner too?

TribalElder
02-01-2015, 10:43 PM
"PowerMizzou" also says that Anderson deserves another couple of years.

ROFL

DeezNutz
02-01-2015, 10:44 PM

Title IX protects against sexual deviance

Pitt Gorilla
02-01-2015, 10:47 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/39226-SjqQ1gif-BYVv.gifIt's still looking like he will commit. It just looks like the kid wants to break the news to everyone. Hope we didn't screw it up by letting the info get out.

|Zach|
02-01-2015, 11:40 PM
That Hall kid has a ton of energy. Great hitter. Wow.

Saul Good
02-01-2015, 11:43 PM

I don't think Beckner would be impressed by Pinkel doing a helicopter...

Pitt Gorilla
02-02-2015, 01:33 PM
If Mizzou really has landed Hall and finishes with Beckner, this is an amazing class. They really hit just about every area with great talent.

The Iowa State commit looks like a good talent, but we simply won't have room. It would be interesting to see if he might greyshirt instead of going to Ames.

KChiefs1
02-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Does that leave us with 2 spots...hopefully Beckner and Hawkins?

Yes

KChiefs1
02-02-2015, 03:47 PM
PowerMizzou now saying Hall hasn't yet committed.

Kid wants to announce on signing day.

Stanley Nickels
02-02-2015, 06:03 PM
It's still looking like he will commit. It just looks like the kid wants to break the news to everyone. Hope we didn't screw it up by letting the info get out.

http://media.giphy.com/media/NKBc1zpXB47Xa/giphy.gif

Jerm
02-02-2015, 06:29 PM
If we land Beckner where would that put us nationally as far as ranking goes?

Just curious...