PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Justin Houston Contract Rumor...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

MGM
07-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Like the vaunted 3-3-6 defense?

He couldn't find film of that lol. That was a typo. I was talking about the 3-3-5 with the SS playing the star position. Saban uses it a lot. He got owned so just kept talking 3-3-6. Typical CP BS. few here are accountable.

SAUTO
07-13-2015, 05:02 PM
I will leave forever own my own accord if I am wrong but Dorsey won't give him Watt money and they will wait to sign him until the 2016 offseason for what they are offering now which is in the six year seventy five thousand range. Dorsey holds all the cards.

He's getting the tag you unrealistic fucks.

He's going to be paid over 75 thousand a game.

MGM
07-13-2015, 05:02 PM
I'm not going to soak with you.

Come on man... Where is the BYU dude? Maybe he will soak?

SAUTO
07-13-2015, 05:04 PM
How about you put up or shut up about it then. He's getting 6 years and 97.5 million with 50 million Guaranteed. You don't like it, That's too bad. The deal is done.
"But that's not a hundred million." Blackbob

MGM
07-13-2015, 05:05 PM
He's going to be paid over 75 thousand a game.

I meant million lol. Six years $75 million would make him the highest paid LB by a lot.

SAUTO
07-13-2015, 05:06 PM
I was here for that with my original account, dummy. In fact it was right after I showed up, I was a few days into my CP experience. I thought they were being kind of rough on you, so I chimed in a few times and was neg blasted myself. If only I had known the type of guy I was trying to defend.

Your dumbass deserved the negs.

TimBone
07-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Hah. If Peej was involved I'm sure it was trolltastic.
PGM's brand of humor and posting style took some time for me to get used to. I find myself laughing at a ton of his shit now, though.

And SNR, while I always thought he was a great poster, was a huge dick to me my first six months or so. Maybe it took a while for him to warm up to me.

I don't think I ever received as much shit as most noobs seemed to get a few years ago, but SNR stuck in my mind.

Glad I stuck around though, this place is the tits. The last chief board I was at pales in comparison. Most boards do.

SAUTO
07-13-2015, 05:08 PM
If I recall correctly, it was PGM, BossChief, Sorter, and SNR.

I think I was in too, but it didn't start about bob, it was all about knowmo to begin with and he'll I don't think I even negged anyone that hard

TimBone
07-13-2015, 05:08 PM
Your dumbass deserved the negs.
Lol....yep. Looking back, I sure did.

TimBone
07-13-2015, 05:09 PM
I think I was in too, but it didn't start about bob, it was all about knowmo to begin with and he'll I don't think I even negged anyone that hard
The only neg I clearly remember was from Sorter. And in the neg message he apologized for doing it. lol

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-13-2015, 05:10 PM
More fun facts: Houston leads all players in sacks over the past two season with 33.

Jamaal Charles leads the league in TDs over the past two seasons.

Houston has the potential to be DT-like.

Von Miller was just a sad shadow in the shadow.

MGM
07-13-2015, 05:11 PM
I like negs for the most part. I get creative with it. You can tell when people get pissed.

ThaVirus
07-13-2015, 05:14 PM
That's 33 sacks in 27 games for Houston over the past two seasons, by the way.

RealSNR
07-13-2015, 05:15 PM
PGM's brand of humor and posting style took some time for me to get used to. I find myself laughing at a ton of his shit now, though.

And SNR, while I always thought he was a great poster, was a huge dick to me my first six months or so. Maybe it took a while for him to warm up to me.

I don't think I ever received as much shit as most noobs seemed to get a few years ago, but SNR stuck in my mind.

Glad I stuck around though, this place is the tits. The last chief board I was at pales in comparison. Most boards do.

Really? I only remember claiming to get you confused with the guy who has the Frasier and Niles avatar.

SAUTO
07-13-2015, 05:18 PM
The only neg I clearly remember was from Sorter. And in the neg message he apologized for doing it. lol

I hardly even use negs

MGM

I am a UGA guy. I was happy as hell when we drafted Houston. I wear his Chiefs jersey with my UGA hat all over town. That said, he's not like DT IMO. He plays on the left side for starters. He also has a lot more pass rush help than DT had most of his career. He rarely gets doubled. Teams can't game plan for him because of Tamba. It would be interesting to see Houston play on the right without a stud OLB opposite of him. He didn't even play on the right side at UGA. He still has a lot to prove before he's in the DT conversation.

TimBone
Really? I only remember claiming to get you confused with the guy who has the Frasier and Niles avatar.
It was mainly you calling me a dumb fuck on a fairly routine basis. Before the Frasier avatar ordeal. No hard feelings, I never took any of it seriously. In fact, I think I only cut myself once over it.

ThaVirus
07-13-2015, 05:19 PM
TimBone's gone through a shit ton of name and avi changes, I feel like.

TimBone
07-13-2015, 05:19 PM
I am a UGA guy. I was happy as hell when we drafted Houston. I wear his Chiefs jersey with my UGA hat all over town. That said, he's not like DT IMO. He plays on the left side for starters. He also has a lot more pass rush help than DT had most of his career. He rarely gets doubled. Teams can't game plan for him because of Tamba. It would be interesting to see Houston play on the right without a stud OLB opposite of him. He didn't even play on the right side at UGA. He still has a lot to prove before he's in the DT conversation.
He's a far more complete linebacker than DT.

ThaVirus
07-13-2015, 05:21 PM

He's already more complete than DT ever was.

If he's able to turn in consistent 16-ish sack seasons into his early 30s and up his FF totals, he'll eclipse DT.

TimBone
07-13-2015, 05:23 PM
TimBone's gone through a shit ton of name and avi changes, I feel like.
TimBone
McFly
Flybone McTimmerson
Timbone

SeeingRed
07-13-2015, 05:25 PM
That's 33 sacks in 27 games for Houston over the past two seasons, by the way.

those are RARE numbers! He's a special talent

hometeam
07-13-2015, 05:26 PM
I i like to neg when people cry about getting negged.

I also like this kumke fella. First time ive ever seen him and he comes in with info and starts bustin bobs ass.

And we share 2 mutual facebook friends!

BESTIES???

mdchiefsfan
07-13-2015, 05:26 PM
From NFL.com

Justin Houston, OLB, Kansas City Chiefs

All indications from the Chiefs have been glowingly optimistic a deal will get done before the deadline approaches.

Almost a link provided... Progress! :thumb:

RealSNR
07-13-2015, 05:32 PM
Almost a link provided... Progress! :thumb:

Even then, it's not like the link he's referring to actually says what he says it does.

Only Justin Houston news I can find on the front page:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000501194/article/franchise-tag-deadline-primer

Justin Houston, OLB, Kansas City Chiefs

All indications from the Chiefs have been glowingly optimistic a deal will get done.

Still, as of last month there has reportedly been no significant progress in talks. Houston is rumored to want a J.J. Watt-type deal.

Coach Andy Reid believes Houston won't skip training camp if a deal isn't done by Wednesday, but we haven't heard many rumblings from the player's camp.

After falling just a half sack short of the NFL single-season record, Houston wants long-term security that doesn't come with the $13.1 million tag. He's just 26 years old, but pass-rushers can fall off quickly, so it behooves Houston to stand firm for his big payday. Surely the Chiefs would use it to their advantage if he only notched 12 sacks next season.

I still think Weatherman's right on this. I'm just saying that penbrook's nfl.com link doesn't exactly say what he claims it said.

TimBone
07-13-2015, 05:35 PM
If Weatherman's news is right, I'm posting nudes in celebration.

MGM
07-13-2015, 05:36 PM
He's already more complete than DT ever was.

If he's able to turn in consistent 16-ish sack seasons into his early 30s and up his FF totals, he'll eclipse DT.

He still has a lot to prove and is overrated in coverage IMO. Stats aren't everything

Sully
07-13-2015, 05:36 PM
I am a UGA guy. I was happy as hell when we drafted Houston. I wear his Chiefs jersey with my UGA hat all over town. That said, he's not like DT IMO. He plays on the left side for starters.

DT played on the left side at times, as well. So did LT. They all have.

He also has a lot more pass rush help than DT had most of his career.

WHAT? DT has Smith and some very good interior rushers his entire career.

He rarely gets doubled. Teams can't game plan for him because of Tamba. It would be interesting to see Houston play on the right without a stud OLB opposite of him. He didn't even play on the right side at UGA. He still has a lot to prove before he's in the DT conversation.

He also drops into coverage more than most pass rushers, so it evens out. It's too bad you don't know what you're talking about.

The Franchise
07-13-2015, 05:37 PM
He still has a lot to prove and is overrated in coverage IMO. Stats aren't everything

In your opinion....you thought that Siler was a great tackler and that McCluster was quicker than Charles.

Your opinion is worthless.

mdchiefsfan
07-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Even then, it's not like the link he's referring to actually says what he says it does.

Only Justin Houston news I can find on the front page:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000501194/article/franchise-tag-deadline-primer

I still think Weatherman's right on this. I'm just saying that penbrook's nfl.com link doesn't exactly say what he claims it said.

Oh trust me, there is still work to be done; just taking the positive reinforcement approach and seeing if that gets us anywhere, since we know ragging on him has done nothing. :D

hometeam
07-13-2015, 05:40 PM

ROFL

god damn man. If you arent failing at trolling you are failing at football.

Houston is arguably the best defensive player on the league. Deal with it.

MGM
07-13-2015, 05:40 PM
DT played on the left side at times, as well. So did LT. They all have.

WHAT? DT has Smith and some very good interior rushers his entire career.

He also drops into coverage more than most pass rushers, so it evens out. It's too bad you don't know what you're talking about.

If that were true he wouldn't have had twenty sacks. He wants to be paid as a pass rusher. That is his argument for Watt money. Coverage isn't even relevant. If Sutton dropped him back more than other pass rushers, he would be on the street.

MGM
07-13-2015, 05:42 PM
ROFL

god damn man. If you arent failing at trolling you are failing at football.

Houston is arguably the best defensive player on the league. Deal with it.

I don't agree. I think the top 100 was pretty accurate in Houston's case. He was the 9th best defensive player.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-13-2015, 05:42 PM
If that were true he wouldn't have had twenty sacks. He wants to be paid as a pass rusher. That is his argument for Watt money. Coverage isn't even relevant. If Sutton dropped him back more than other pass rushers, he would be on the street.

How fucking dumb can a person be ?

hometeam
07-13-2015, 05:43 PM
"Houston’s dominance was as a pass rusher, but he still graded positively as both a run defender (+8.1) and in coverage (+1.4). That means that throughout his career Houston has only graded negatively in one facet of the game over the course of a season once; his coverage grade during his rookie season. In 2014 he dropped into coverage 158 times.."

Rausch
07-13-2015, 05:44 PM

Fucking kill yourself.

Slowly...

MGM
07-13-2015, 05:44 PM
How ****ing dumb can a person be ?

Did Parcell's drop LT into coverage more than any other pass rusher? Are you serious? His job is to wreak havoc in the backfield. Not be Derrick Brooks.

hometeam
07-13-2015, 05:46 PM
Did Parcell's drop LT into coverage more than any other pass rusher? Are you serious? His job is to wreak havoc in the backfield. Not be Derrick Brooks.

Shit like this is why people cant take you seriously. Combine it with your mental baggage, and you wonder why you cant make it two weeks without a ban.

MotherfuckerJones
07-13-2015, 05:46 PM
In your opinion....you thought that Siler was a great tackler and that McCluster was quicker than Charles.

ROFL really? He's more retarded by the minute

Rausch
07-13-2015, 05:47 PM

Your inability to see he's 1/4 Brooks, 1/4, Hardy Nickerson, and 1/2 DT is your failing.

That's what he is.

He is - BY FAR - the best OLB in the game...

MGM
07-13-2015, 05:47 PM
"Houston’s dominance was as a pass rusher, but he still graded positively as both a run defender (+8.1) and in coverage (+1.4). That means that throughout his career Houston has only graded negatively in one facet of the game over the course of a season once; his coverage grade during his rookie season. In 2014 he dropped into coverage 158 times.."

That's great but so what? Where does it say most in league? It has nothing to do with his contract negotiations. They won't be paying him to cover. This is dumb.

Rausch
07-13-2015, 05:48 PM
That's great but so what? It has nothing to do with his contract negotiations. They won't be paying him to cover.

They won't be paying him anything after this year.

He'll be gone for a sky-high contract and KC will be the ugly girl at the prom...

hometeam
07-13-2015, 05:49 PM
That's great but so what? It has nothing to do with his contract negotiations. They won't be paying him to cover.

You just said hes not that good of a coverage guy. Then proceeded to cry about how many times he was NOT dropped into coverage. Your wrong. You are going into everything blind. You say words, but they have no basis on reality, and when you find out your wrong, you just move the goalposts. You are wrong about every football take you have.

The fact he can cover, run stop, rush, get second chance sacks, on and on are all part of who he is as a player. That's why hes gonna get 97 million and you are going to get 97 dicks in the ass.

MGM
07-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Your inability to see he's 1/4 Brooks, 1/4, Hardy Nickerson, and 1/2 DT is your failing.

That's what he is.

He is - BY FAR - the best OLB in the game...

None of those guys played LOLB. DT and DB played against the LT. Not the RT. Hardy Nickerson? Where did that come from? He was a MLB.

MGM
07-13-2015, 05:54 PM
You just said hes not that good of a coverage guy. Then proceeded to cry about how many times he was NOT dropped into coverage. Your wrong. You are going into everything blind. You say words, but they have no basis on reality, and when you find out your wrong, you just move the goalposts. You are wrong about every football take you have.

The fact he can cover, run stop, rush, get second chance sacks, on and on are all part of who he is as a player. That's why hes gonna get 97 million and you are going to get 97 dicks in the ass.

I said he was overrated in coverage. I said even if he is great in coverage who cares? We wouldn't be paying him for that. He wants to be paid like a "pass rusher" like Jimmy Graham wants to be paid like a "receiver."

Nobody gives a shit about the coverage in this situation and that includes Houston. The last tjing he wants to talk about is coverage. If he goes to the HOF or is seen by fans as better than DT at the end of his career it won't be because of coverage. He's not Derrick Brooks.

TimBone
07-13-2015, 05:55 PM
lol...this thread is so much fun.

Hate Black Bob all you want. He provides the lulz.

hometeam
07-13-2015, 05:56 PM
I said he was overrated in coverage. I said even if he is great in coverage who cares? We wouldn't be paying him for that. He wants to be paid like a "pass rusher" like Jimmy Graham wants to be paid like a "receiver."

Nobody gives a shit about the coverage in this situation and that includes Houston.

Houston = 97 mil

You = 97 dicks in ass

Sully
07-13-2015, 05:56 PM

It is true.
it is relevant.
He does, and he's not.

Sully
07-13-2015, 05:59 PM
None of those guys played LOLB. DT and DB played against the LT. Not the RT. Hardy Nickerson? Where did that come from? He was a MLB.

Wut?

ThaVirus
07-13-2015, 06:00 PM

I agree. You also have to take into account the overall affect the player has on the defense.

At it's peak with Houston healthy, our defense is one of the best in the league. When he doesn't play, our defense can be downright horrid.

aturnis
07-13-2015, 06:01 PM
It beats the other Chiefs forums by a long shot.

This actually has a personality. The others don't.

I agree, but it still lacks football content, even during football season. It used to be a LOT different. Used to be way for football discussion.

I think the Q police and lovers of mega threads are what have done it.

Condense all discussion into a thread so big you can't keep tabs on news, or an honest discussion.

Rausch
07-13-2015, 06:03 PM

An amalgamation.

Look it up...

aturnis
07-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Gator, a $100 million Contact is a $100 million contract. Break it down anyway you want. We aren't doing that. If he wants $100 million he will get it somewhere else. Chiefs fans over hype this guy. There is a reason the players voted him #27 in the top 100. He is really good but he's a LOLB. He's not even the best player on our team. If you are going to pay a LBer in the top ten players in the league then he better be revolutionizing the game or something. No one has ever done that in the salary cap age. Prepare to be let down if he wants that kind of money

22 sacks from the left side is revolutionary. Typically the best pass rusher plays the right side, to give him the advantage of coming in unseen. QB's see Houston coming and he still thrives.

On top of that, he's not only a STUD pass rusher, he's a great run defender and a top 5 OLB in coverage. THERE ISN'T A OLB CLOSE TO AS TALENTED.

You're not paying for a position, you're paying for the impact.

MGM
07-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Last thing I'll say about this tonight... I live in Georgia. All my friends are Georgia fans. They sll like the Chiefs because they have so many Georgia players. None of them think he should get Watt money. No one thinks he is in the argument for the best player in the league. He's a good player but it's not a done deal. There is just no way we will pay him that much. I don't think he could get it unless he played on the right side. If he does it again and gets twenty sacks?
Then just maybe he will get that kind of deal.

Bowser
07-13-2015, 06:09 PM

You need to stop acting like you know football. Because you don't. And you're dumb. Likely smelly, as well.

Sully
07-13-2015, 06:09 PM
Last thing I'll say about this tonight... I live in Georgia. All my friends are Georgia fans. None of them think he should get Watt money. No one thinks he is in the argument for the best player in the league. He's a good player but it's not a done deal. There is just no way we will pay him that much. I don't think he could get it unless he played on the right side. If he does it again and gets twenty sacks?

Oh. Damn. I didn't know your friends said so.

You've changed, I'm sure, all of our minds!

Bowser
07-13-2015, 06:11 PM
Last thing I'll say about this tonight... I live in Georgia. All my friends are Georgia fans. They sll like the Chiefs because they have so many Georgia players. None of them think he should get Watt money. No one thinks he is in the argument for the best player in the league. He's a good player but it's not a done deal. There is just no way we will pay him that much. I don't think he could get it unless he played on the right side. If he does it again and gets twenty sacks?

Flock o' idjits

Rausch
07-13-2015, 06:11 PM
I think he deserves it.

I don't think we'll pay him.

I-blew-my-uncle is still clueless...

ThaVirus
07-13-2015, 06:12 PM

Who gives a shit what a bunch of your uncle-****ing friends think?

The guy just had the quietest 22 sack season anyone's ever had. Anyone that knows anything about football knows he's easily the best OLB in the game right now and he could quite possibly get better.

We just fielded the #2 scoring defense last season. Do you really want to **** that up by letting our best guy walk? Especially given the fact that we're likely going to be dropping a ton of contracts in Hali, DJ, Berry and Sean Smith?

Don't answer that. I really don't think I want to know.

MGM
07-13-2015, 06:13 PM
You need to stop acting like you know football. Because you don't. And you're dumb. Likely smelly, as well.

Ok man, I'll leave if they give him that Watt deal. I was right about Geno from the beginning. I was right about Bowe. I'll be right about this. It is more of a sure thing than those were. He's not getting Watt money.

Bowser
07-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Ok man, I'll leave if they give him that Watt deal. I was right about Geno from the beginning. I was right about Bowe. I'll be right about this. It is more of a sure thing than those were. He's not getting Watt money.

Tell us more about Luke Joeckel

MGM
07-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Who gives a shit what a bunch of your uncle-****ing friends think?

The guy just had the quietest 22 sack season anyone's ever had. Anyone that knows anything about football knows he's easily the best OLB in the game right now and he could quite possibly get better.

We just fielded the #2 scoring defense last season. Do you really want to **** that up by letting our best guy walk? Especially given the fact that we're likely going to be dropping a ton of contracts in Hali, DJ, Berry and Sean Smith?

Don't answer that. I really don't think I want to know.

You guys gotta step out of the homer box. Not being disrespectful...

mcaj22
07-13-2015, 06:15 PM
someones paying him his 100 million whether it's the Chiefs or another franchise.

there are teams out there waiting for this to go south

MGM
07-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Tell us more about Luke Joeckel

I thought he was puss. That was another guy. Jags guy?

Sully
07-13-2015, 06:17 PM
You guys gotta step out of the homer box. Not being disrespectful...

How alcan you say some stupid shit like "DT had no pass rush help," and have the nerve to act superior to anyone's football knowledge. You aren't smart.

Bowser
07-13-2015, 06:17 PM
someones paying him his 100 million whether it's the Chiefs or another franchise.

Fucking this. Hell, I even said as much earlier in this thread on how elite players get elite money. Anyone that doesn't think Houston is elite doesn't know football. If by chance we go el-cheapo and not sign him, someone will be there with a fat ass contract just waiting for him to sign.

Shamed-By-Uncle knows this as well, and is likely just riding out his latest attention wave.

MGM
07-13-2015, 06:18 PM

Probably but not the Chiefs. He will play somewhere else in 2016 unless he signs for 6 years $75 million or under. Have a good night!

MGM
07-13-2015, 06:20 PM
****ing this. Hell, I even said as much earlier in this thread on how elite players get elite money. Anyone that doesn't think Houston is elite doesn't know football. If by chance we go el-cheapo and not sign him, someone will be there with a fat ass contract just waiting for him to sign.

Shamed-By-Uncle knows this as well, and is likely just riding out his latest attention wave.

I'll go away until the franchise tag meltdown starts. Not about attention. Just a different opinion and dogpile.

Sully
07-13-2015, 06:24 PM
I'll go away until the franchise tag meltdown starts. Not about attention. Just a different opinion and dogpile.

Just because everyone disagrees with you (and proves you wrong), doesn't make it a dogpile. It just means you're going to argue no matter how many facts are against you.

*stupid facts dog piling on me...

Tribal Warfare
07-13-2015, 06:40 PM
I agree, but it still lacks football content, even during football season. It used to be a LOT different. Used to be way for football discussion.

Condense all discussion into a thread so big you can't keep tabs on news, or an honest discussion.

The "Q" police should temp banned every time they don't provide a link for said discussion

aturnis
07-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Literally everything in this post is very wrong, and creepy.

Arrowhead (a mod there) started a thread asking what they could do to get more discussion going and improve the site because traffic was at a damn near stand still and I offered a few suggestions regarding how the place was moderated and how if you don't go with the general hive think, you get banned easily and how that drives away good posters and quality discussions.

Arrowhead took offense to those suggestions (some people can't take criticism) and even more so when I brought up how the whole Cassel situation was handled by the mods and how the whole thing was handled on CP (mods that don't micromanage and let the community show all the angles through their posts)

The completely hysterical part of it was that they banned me with no reason, to this day after never even having so much as a warning the whole time I was a member there and then they deleted the thread by the next morning. If you or anyone else thinks a word of that is untrue in any way, have the mods open the thread for viewing.

It's sad because for the last year there, I bet I didn't post more than 20 times and was already here regularly posting because it's more fun here. Mainly because of the difference in moderation.

I'm glad you think I'm rich. I'm far from it, but I work hard. Not sure where you got that idea from.

And I don't make it a point to blow men and children, either...but I digress.
To claim is harder to get banged at the coalition is laughable. CP is the only Chiefs forum with anywhere near this much freedom. Any of forums are non confrontational. Full of nut ticklers and butt slappers.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2015, 07:05 PM
It has been done. And Alright I will. If he doesn't sign the 6 year 97.5 Million dollar contract, I'll leave and never show back up. If he does, Then you have to kiss Clay's Ass. Literally. You will have to go to His House, Watch him unzip his pants, an kiss him right on the ass cheek while Flopnuts takes a photo and posts it on here.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

aturnis
07-13-2015, 07:10 PM
Ok, then understand we'll end up being the carbon copy of the Texans soon enough too. I love defense but you can't
Pay one guy that much and expect to win consistently if he's not a QB. You will be forced to build around that player with cheaper young talent on that side of the ball to replace the decent guys you lose. You will be pigeon holed into putting all resources into that. In the meantime you will get Hoyers and Mallets to play QB because you won't be able to spend money or high draft picks on that side of the ball.
Why can't you use high picks?

SAUTO
07-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Why can't you use high picks?

Because if you sign a 100 million dollar contract with a guy you have to make every high draft pick on that side of the ball from that point on.

It's all there in the cba per bob

Rausch
07-13-2015, 07:17 PM
I'll go away until the franchise tag meltdown starts. Not about attention.

LMAO

ThaVirus
07-13-2015, 07:20 PM

The Raiders. They'll pair him with Mack and rape us for the next 5-7 years.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the ball, Derek Carr and Amari Cooper become the next Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

http://weirdsets.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/sweatbed.gif

Rausch
07-13-2015, 07:20 PM
The Raiders. They'll pair him with Mack and rape us for the next 5-7 years.

Count on it...

Rausch
07-13-2015, 07:23 PM
No bitch, I literally was the Squatch. That was mult #4. Look it up.

Well, an ire has been raised...

BigMeatballDave
07-13-2015, 07:45 PM
I think he deserves it.

I-blew-my-uncle is still clueless...There is no basis for this at all.

TimBone
07-13-2015, 07:47 PM
There is no basis for this at all.
Rausch is a little jaded. Not saying I blame him, but he appears to be done giving this team the benefit of the doubt.

BigMeatballDave
07-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Meanwhile, on the other side of the ball, Derek Carr and Amari Cooper become the next Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

When did you become a Raider homer? :)

mcaj22
07-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Probably but not the Chiefs. He will play somewhere else in 2016 unless he signs for 6 years $75 million or under. Have a good night!

Do you think it's the year 2003 and the Chiefs have no money? Every NFL team has money now, the cap goes up a bit every year and every team has to spend. Even the shitty teams spend a lot, albeit on marginal players, but they have to overpay someone to go there.

Why are you making it seem like the Chiefs can only afford 75 million? Just let a bunch of people walk and pay the guy it's that simple. Draft the people you let walk replacements and you got cheap players under control for 3 years. Rinse, repeat. NFL football everybody.

Rausch
07-13-2015, 08:24 PM
There is no basis for this at all.

If any of the teams that don't have to pay state income tax sign him to a FA deal this offseason and we match, guess what?

He makes less to stay here.

On that basis alone whe'd have to pay more.

That's saying nothing of the empty hole of suck that is our post-season experience or our 40 year history of lowballing the few FA's we had who could demand top dollar...

The Bad Guy
07-13-2015, 08:24 PM
I think he deserves it.

I-blew-my-uncle is still clueless...

I don't post much anymore, but honestly the I blew my uncle comment might be top 5 funniest things I've ever read on this board.

Holy fuck I'm dying.

I think we'll pay him. I don't think it will be as much as Watt, but he'll get paid and he deserves to do so.

He's a complete player in every sense.

Rausch
07-13-2015, 08:26 PM
Rausch is a little jaded. Not saying I blame him, but he appears to be done giving this team the benefit of the doubt.

For the record I'd give Dorsey an A- for the entire offseason this year and I absolutely loved our draft.

MMXcalibur
07-13-2015, 08:28 PM
In this topic, MGM isn't so............grand.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6YMPAH67f4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch
07-13-2015, 08:28 PM
I think we'll pay him. I don't think it will be as much as Watt, but he'll get paid and he deserves to do so.

I'd love to eat $#it for years about being wrong on this one but...

RealSNR
07-13-2015, 08:35 PM

Mega threads DO suck

Discuss Thrower
07-13-2015, 08:36 PM
Megathreads suck, aye.

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:21 AM
Do you think it's the year 2003 and the Chiefs have no money? Every NFL team has money now, the cap goes up a bit every year and every team has to spend. Even the shitty teams spend a lot, albeit on marginal players, but they have to overpay someone to go there.

Why are you making it seem like the Chiefs can only afford 75 million? Just let a bunch of people walk and pay the guy it's that simple. Draft the people you let walk replacements and you got cheap players under control for 3 years. Rinse, repeat. NFL football everybody.

I never said they couldn't afford more than 75 million. I said they shouldn't pay more than $75 million for a LB. I said they won't give him JJ Watt money and I think he'll play under the tag. Why wouldn't Dorsey keep him under the tag if he wants Watt money? He won't top what he did last year and he's not Watt.... He waited last year and he is in a position to wait again if Houston doesn't want to sign a reasonable deal like 6 years $75 million.

I understand all about the cap shit. I don't want to pay one guy all that money and be pigeon holed into relying on draft picks every year. I want to keep our home grown good talent rather than let them walk. I'd like to stay deep because depth is the difference in the NFL imo. I have explained this already.

ChiefGator
07-14-2015, 07:11 AM
I'd love to eat $#it for years about being wrong on this one but...

I also hope you eat .. that ...

;)

O.city
07-14-2015, 07:37 AM
Who cares about the total money figure? It could be 6 years 500 million, it wouldn't really matter.

It's alla about guaranteed money and how it's structured.

We drafted and developed the guy, he became elite at a premium position , time to pay. Kind of the way the world works

ChiefGator
07-14-2015, 07:45 AM
Who cares about the total money figure? It could be 6 years 500 million, it wouldn't really matter.

We drafted and developed the guy, he became elite at a premium position , time to pay. Kind of the way the world works

We are carefully watching Lamar Hunt's money for him! Don't you know CP is hired as his personal finance advisor?... and we are stiiinnggyyy!

;)

loochy
07-14-2015, 07:46 AM
To claim is harder to get banged at the coalition is laughable. CP is the only Chiefs forum with anywhere near this much freedom. Any of forums are non confrontational. Full of nut ticklers and butt slappers.

What kind of subforums are you visiting? I've never experienced any of this sexual stuff you are talking about.

RealSNR
07-14-2015, 07:52 AM
I never said they couldn't afford more than 75 million. I said they shouldn't pay more than $75 million for a LB. I said they won't give him JJ Watt money and I think he'll play under the tag. Why wouldn't Dorsey keep him under the tag if he wants Watt money? He won't top what he did last year and he's not Watt.... He waited last year and he is in a position to wait again if Houston doesn't want to sign a reasonable deal like 6 years $75 million.

I understand all about the cap shit. I don't want to pay one guy all that money and be pigeon holed into relying on draft picks every year. I want to keep our home grown good talent rather than let them walk. I'd like to stay deep because depth is the difference in the NFL imo. I have explained this already.

And we'll have PLENTY of money to re-sign our important players the next few years.

That does include getting new deals for Kelce and Poe.

We'll have to let some players walk, sure. Sean Smith, certainly. Hali, Johnson, and DeVito when their contracts are up, probably. The old guys who maybe aren't quite done with their careers but they need new contracts and are ticking timebombs for when they'll be weak and ineffective players. We'll probably have to let them go early.

THAT'S THE WAY THE NFL IS.

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2015, 08:04 AM
If any of the teams that don't have to pay state income tax sign him to a FA deal this offseason and we match, guess what?

He makes less to stay here.

On that basis alone whe'd have to pay more.

That's saying nothing of the empty hole of suck that is our post-season experience or our 40 year history of lowballing the few FA's we had who could demand top dollar...

Lowballed? Shit, they probably overpaid Bowe based on production. Same for AS.

I don't give a fuck what happened with past GMs.

ChiefGator
07-14-2015, 08:27 AM
Just for the record, I don't write for ArrowheadPride.

Below is a link to a new article there Why it makes sense for Chiefs to pay Justin Houston "JJ Watt money"

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/7/13/8950435/kansas-city-chiefs-justin-houston-jj-watt-contract

KurtCobain
07-14-2015, 08:29 AM
When did you become a Raider homer? :)

Derek Carr becoming something worries me as well.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-14-2015, 08:31 AM
He's like that turd that just won't flush. An uncle fucking turd, but one nonetheless.

O.city
07-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Pgm just weighed in on the topic, close the thread it's going to shit now

:)

booger
07-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Just for the record, I don't write for ArrowheadPride.

Below is a link to a new article there Why it makes sense for Chiefs to pay Justin Houston "JJ Watt money"

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/7/13/8950435/kansas-city-chiefs-justin-houston-jj-watt-contract

Later today they have an article about why it makes sense not to blow your uncle

jonzie04
07-14-2015, 08:35 AM

You also laughed at me saying Houston would get 15m per year several months ago. Your opinion is nearly as bad as his.

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Derek Carr becoming something worries me as well.Meh. His brother turned out to be a flaming pile, I expect about the same here.

RealSNR
07-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Going back to a side conversation I had in this thread.

I just read Gator's AP article and went through the comments.

Here's why CP is superior to all other Chiefs forums: we have WAAAAAAY smarter posters than they do.

That "workingmansdead" douche is royr17-level stupid and opens his fat mouth in practically every discussion from what I've seen. And there are dozens more just like that guy.

Your average comment section is basically MNchiefsfan and a bunch of fucking retards over at AP.

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2015, 08:40 AM

Your opinion is worthless. I forgot about this. Siler is better than DJ. LMAO

Dex faster than JC. LMAO

booger
07-14-2015, 08:41 AM
The thorman bros are a couple of door knobs with their articles

KurtCobain
07-14-2015, 08:42 AM
Meh. His brother turned out to be a flaming pile, I expect about the same here.

Since his senior season I've felt he's going to be something special. Sucks that the raiders got him. He plays with that chip on his shoulder and has all the tools needed to succeed.

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2015, 08:43 AM
Since his senior season I've felt he's going to be something special. Sucks that the raiders got him. He plays with that chip on his shoulder and has all the tools needed to succeed.

Yeah, and we all thought RG3 was gonna be something special. *fart noise*

MGM
07-14-2015, 08:45 AM

Who told you that crap? Yes, guaranteed money is important but if what you are saying was true no one would ever have a problem getting signed. Think about it.

KurtCobain
07-14-2015, 08:52 AM

RG3 I was never that high on. However, I thought Colt Brennan was the most underrated QB ever and he and Jimmy Clausen were destined to be the next elite QBs and dueling in the superbowl for years to come.

MGM
07-14-2015, 08:54 AM

You guys think every QB is going to be special.

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2015, 08:56 AM
You guys think every QB is going to be special.

:spock:

Pasta Little Brioni
07-14-2015, 09:00 AM
Pgm just weighed in on the topic, close the thread it's going to shit

I left a nugget for you in the Cards thread

Eleazar
07-14-2015, 09:03 AM

If the Chiefs had made the RG3 deal and you'd had reservations about it, either about him as an NFL prospect or about the cost of acquiring him, the horsemen/tabulators would have savaged you about it.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-14-2015, 09:06 AM
If the Chiefs had made the RG3 deal and you'd had reservations about it, either about him as an NFL prospect or about the cost of acquiring him, the horsemen/tabulators would have savaged you about it.

HOW COULD THEY PASS ON JIMMY CLAUSEN!!!! This board is TERRIBLE at evaluating QBs

MGM
07-14-2015, 09:07 AM

Hell yeah they would have. Geno! Geno!

/smartest football posters known to man

O.city
07-14-2015, 09:09 AM
Nfl contracts are essentially 2 year deals, based on how much guaranteed money you get.

ChiefGator
07-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Later today they have an article about why it makes sense not to blow your uncle

Lol... literally.

MGM
07-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Nfl contracts are essentially 2 year deals, based on how much guaranteed money you get.

Not always true. Look at the Saints. Brees signed that deal in 2012 and they got rid of half the team because of his contract this year.

MTG#10
07-14-2015, 09:25 AM
Not always true. Look at the Saints. Brees signed that deal in 2012 and they got rid of half the team because of his contract this year.

Drew Brees is a franchise QB. Big difference.

Chiefnj2
07-14-2015, 09:25 AM
Sutton's defense is built on the pass rush. Houston has been underpaid so far in his career and KC has benefitted from it. Houston has earned a big deal, and he might be THE most important cog in the defense for the next few seasons. You need to pay him and structure it wisely so he only accounts for less than 10% of the cap.

MGM
07-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Sutton's defense is built on the pass rush. Houston has been underpaid so far in his career and KC has benefitted from it. Houston has earned a big deal, and he might be THE most important cog in the defense for the next few seasons. You need to pay him and structure it wisely so he only accounts for less than 10% of the cap.

EXACTLY. That would be in the $14.3 million a year neighborhood and make him the highest paid LB in the NFL. However, I am willing to go up to $15 because he's special and from UGA.

RealSNR
07-14-2015, 09:29 AM

At the time we were stuck with a QB SHITTIER than what RG3 has been in the NFL, and the people in charge showed that they gave precisely ZERO fucks about that situation. They never brought in anybody real to challenge him. In fact, the only time we ever saw a legitimate QB competition was to try to upgrade the QB2 spot. And that was probably the most laughable competition I've ever fucking seen. Palko/Stanzi followed by Quinn/Stanzi.

It's not as simple as saying, "I'd rather not spend an assload of draft picks to acquire this guy. Let's just stick with Alex Smith." We had AIDS leprosy of the butthole, and we were standing around doing nothing. OF COURSE it made sense at the time to try to get out of that awful hell hole we were stuck in.

RealSNR
07-14-2015, 09:30 AM
EXACTLY. That would be in the $14.3 million a year neighborhood and make him the highest paid LB in the NFL. However, I am willing to go up to $15 because he's special and from UGA.

I'll bet you if the Chiefs sign him to that 6 year $97.5 million deal, you'll be "willing to go up" to that amount when Houston goes back to cracking skulls in the regular season.

O.city
07-14-2015, 09:31 AM

His contract became fully guaranteed in February. They didn't have to get rid of the whole team.

The Franchise
07-14-2015, 09:32 AM
I'll bet you if the Chiefs sign him to that 6 year $97.5 million deal, you'll be "willing to go up" to that amount when Houston goes back to cracking skulls in the regular season.

I hope they give him 6 years, $100 million to just to piss off Bob.

MGM
07-14-2015, 09:35 AM
I'll bet you if the Chiefs sign him to that 6 year $97.5 million deal, you'll "be willing" to go up to that amount when Houston goes back to cracking skulls in the regular season.

I will always support him but never feel that way. I never thought we'd sign Bowe to that deal but we did. I couldn't believe it but I rolled with it.

Seriously though... Does he deserve to be paid like a d-linemen? 3-4 OLBers who can rush the passer aren't nearly as rare. And JJ Watt? He's a 3-4 DE who plays like Reggie White! That is unheard of people! There has never been a player like JJ Watt. I don't think people see that.

Houston is that special. We don't have to sign him long term right now. What would we sign him to that deal when in all likelihood he won't duplicate last year's production? Mr. Houston would be smart to take that $75 million six year deal while he can.

MGM
07-14-2015, 09:39 AM
I hope they give him 6 years, $100 million to just to piss off Bob.

It won't piss me off. I just know it won't happen. If it does, I will leave on my own accord like I promised.

I believe he'll get the tag and we will give him six years and $75 million next March. That will be the same offer he's getting now and the best offer he'll get then. He's not going to have the production he had last season and will probably get hurt and miss a game or two. That would be my guess....

All I know is he isn't getting 6 years $100 million

Pasta Little Brioni
07-14-2015, 09:47 AM
You aren't cool enough to have a three capital letter user name.

MGM
07-14-2015, 09:49 AM

You sound bitter. I guess you were kicked out of the cool club PGM?

Pasta Little Brioni
07-14-2015, 09:53 AM
You sound bitter. I guess you were kicked out of the cool club PGM?

Nope. The meatball alliance was fun for awhile.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 09:55 AM

:facepalm:

The Saints didn't "get rid of half the team" because of Brees' contract.

After going 7-9 two out of the last three seasons, they needed an infusion of new talent and attitude.

O.city
07-14-2015, 09:56 AM

After going 7-9 two out of the last three seasons, they needed an infusion of new talent and attitude.

Iirc, didn't they have a chance to release or trade Brees this last offseason and get out from uner his deal?

Strongside
07-14-2015, 10:02 AM
Friend of mine who works in the team offices, I'll call him a source because it sounds cool, says that Houston and Segal are both in Kansas City today.

BossChief
07-14-2015, 10:02 AM
Look at the Saints moves the last few years...it's not the Brees deal that's fucked them...

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 10:03 AM
Iirc, didn't they have a chance to release or trade Brees this last offseason and get out from uner his deal?

I don't think they could have traded him, as they would have taken a $20 million dollar cap hit. But they can cut him next year and save $20 million but unless he's injured, I can't see that happening.

They've re-shaped their roster this off season, trading Grubbs and Graham, adding draft picks, acquiring Max Unger and so on. They needed a youth movement and at a time when 7-8-1 wins the division, it's probably as good a time as any to go for it.

BossChief
07-14-2015, 10:06 AM
Friend of mine who works in the team offices, I'll call him a source because it sounds cool, says that Houston and Segal are both in Kansas City today.

It's going down.

Meet me at the club.

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2015, 10:09 AM

That's right. Put that bitch in her place!

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2015, 10:11 AM
It won't piss me off. I just know it won't happen. If it does, I will leave on my own accord like I promised.

All I know is he isn't getting 6 years $100 million

Stick around awhile so we can point and laugh at you.

penbrook
07-14-2015, 10:11 AM

You mean Terez Paylor or Herbie Teope or maybe Jason LaCanfora or how about NFL.com because they all have reported the same thing

penbrook
07-14-2015, 10:14 AM

The fact that Houston is there makes it seem like a deal will get done with him signing the contract later tonight or tommorow morning

Strongside
07-14-2015, 10:25 AM
You mean Terez Paylor or Herbie Teope or maybe Jason LaCanfora or how about NFL.com because they all have reported the same thing

Ha, no. I realize that, but sometimes reports are bullshit.

My friend works in group ticket and corporate suite sales. Says they arrived shortly after he did this morning.

ILChief
07-14-2015, 10:27 AM
Ron Paul It's Happening.gif

penbrook
07-14-2015, 10:28 AM
Ha, no. I realize that, but sometimes reports are bullshit.

My friend works in group ticket and corporate suite sales. Says they arrived shortly after he did this morning.

So are they meeting with Dorsey right now? And why did Houston come I mean unless he's signing a contract 😏

seaofred
07-14-2015, 10:29 AM
So are they meeting with Dorsey right now? And why did Houston come I mean unless he's signing a contract ��

He would probably also have to take a physical.

MGM
07-14-2015, 10:42 AM

So they started with their best players? All Pros like Graham and Grubb?

WTF is wrong with you people? They replaced Grubbs with McGlynn. Did you like McGlynn? He sure has a nasty attitude in the trenches. Was that the kind of new talent and attitude they were looking for?

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 10:47 AM
So they started with their best players? All Pros like Graham and Grubb?

WTF is wrong with you people? They replaced Grubbs with McGlynn. Did you like McGlynn? He sure has a nasty attitude in the trenches. Was that the kind of new talent and attitude they were looking for?

RINGLEADER
07-14-2015, 10:48 AM
The fact that Houston is there makes it seem like a deal will get done with him signing the contract later tonight or tommorow morning

I'm fine with anything that doesn't destroy our ability to keep players like Sean Smith and Dontari Poe (if they warrant it) next season.

MGM
07-14-2015, 10:49 AM
Stick around awhile so we can point and laugh at you.

I will be sticking around. He won't get Watt money. I guarantee it. Has signed the tag yet? Gotta be in town to do that.

MGM
07-14-2015, 10:50 AM

Answer the question Dumb fuck. Did you like McGlynn????

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 10:51 AM
Answer the question Dumb fuck. Did you like McGlynn????

STFU

RunKC
07-14-2015, 10:51 AM
I'm fine with anything that doesn't destroy our ability to keep players like Sean Smith and Dontari Poe (if they warrant it) next season.

Sean Smith isnt getting a long term deal

MGM
07-14-2015, 10:55 AM

Yeah, he is probably gone after this year.

MGM
07-14-2015, 10:57 AM
STFU

Dumb fuck was harsh. Sorry about that

RunKC
07-14-2015, 11:01 AM
The Saints fucked up their cap by signing busts like Jarius Byrd. They had too many big contracts and had to lighten up.

Having said that, I think they had a very good draft this year, and I also like Brandin Cooks/Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

They are definitely reloading. Poor Brees.

pugsnotdrugs19
07-14-2015, 11:03 AM
I like Sean Smith as much as the next guy, but the guy turned 28 today and he doesn't have a lot of speed that he can afford to lose. We've drafted the last two years in preparation for the loss. Gaines, Peters, and Nelson are the plan.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 11:05 AM
The Saints fucked up their cap by signing busts like Jarius Byrd. They had too many big contracts and had to lighten up.

Having said that, I think they had a very good draft this year, and I also like Brandin Cooks/Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

They are definitely reloading. Poor Brees.

They also have Jahri Evans, Max Unger and Senio Kelemete pegged as their interior starters although Zach Strief may move inside to allow Andrus Peat to play right tackle.

More and more teams are going for the "We'll play our best five guys" mantra than just sticking guys at their traditional positions.

RunKC
07-14-2015, 11:09 AM
They also have Jahri Evans, Max Unger and Senio Kelemete pegged as their interior starters although Zach Strief may move inside to allow Andrus Peat to play right tackle.

More and more teams are going for the "We'll play our best five guys" mantra than just sticking guys at their traditional positions.

I agree. And college offensive lineman nowadays are playing multiple positions to help their draft evaluation. Versatility goes a long way in the NFL.

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2015, 11:11 AM
I will be sticking around. He won't get Watt money. I guarantee it. Has signed the tag yet? Gotta be in town to do that.

The Tender can be signed anytime before the season starts if they don't work out a new contract.

O.city
07-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Once he signs the tag, he can't skip camp iirc. I doubt he's here to do that

The Franchise
07-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Once he signs the tag, he can't skip camp iirc. I doubt he's here to do that

Yep. If he's only going to sign the tender....it'll be around week 3 of preseason. Bob, once again, is an idiot.

penbrook
07-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Yep. If he's only going to sign the tender....it'll be around week 3 of preseason. Bob, once again, is an idiot.

Plus you don't need your agent there if it's just to sign the tender

aturnis
07-14-2015, 11:47 AM
What kind of subforums are you visiting? I've never experienced any of this sexual stuff you are talking about.

Lol. Banned obviously. The coalition always seemed like a place to "play nice" to me. Maybe it's changed, but I never enjoyed it.

MGM
07-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Jump to conclusions much? Geez

Never said he was done negotiating. Also, he'll sign the tag before he leaves town if he doesn't get a deal. He's not going wait three weeks into camp with the new cba.

You hate me so bad your minds are clouded with a false sense of reality.

MGM
07-14-2015, 11:51 AM
Lol. Banned obviously. The coalition always seemed like a place to "play nice" to me. Maybe it's changed, but I never enjoyed it.

I've been there for years and I don't play nice. Never been banned. Been banned here 52 times. You are talking out of your ass.

The Bad Guy
07-14-2015, 11:52 AM

If he plays the way he did last year, he deserves one.

BossChief
07-14-2015, 11:57 AM

You're right, and he'll get it. I just doubt that's from us.

Peters and Gaines were drafted to be the outside CBs of the future of this team with Nelson as the nickel.

Unless one of them gets killed at this level, I doubt they stray from that plan to give SS a 4-5 year deal for big money.

MGM
07-14-2015, 11:59 AM

He will deserve one. It would be nice if we could get Houston's deal done so we can tag Smith next year.

BossChief
07-14-2015, 12:03 PM
If Peters develops into a top corner and we keep that Houston and Smith combo as pass rush/true #1 corner at both CB spots and Gaines in the slot and Nelson as the dime the next 3-4 years...that's a bomb set of corners.

Just ruthless.

aturnis
07-14-2015, 12:05 PM
Going back to a side conversation I had in this thread.

I just read Gator's AP article and went through the comments.

Here's why CP is superior to all other Chiefs forums: we have WAAAAAAY smarter posters than they do.

That "workingmansdead" douche is royr17-level stupid and opens his fat mouth in practically every discussion from what I've seen. And there are dozens more just like that guy.

Your average comment section is basically MNchiefsfan and a bunch of fucking retards over at AP.

It's not even about "smarter". It's just less delusional.

Go to any poll on ArrowheadPride, no matter the question, chiefs always win, by a wide margin.

Best QB in the league? Alex Smith! There are some good contributors writing articles over there, but even they're mostly homers. Other than that, I'm positive its all 12 yr olds.

RunKC
07-14-2015, 12:13 PM

With the way Gaines has appeared to come on, and drafting two CB's, I just don't see it.

He could be kept next year on the tag, but I think we have to save that for Houston and Poe along with keeping other valuable pieces like DJ (if he comes back to form), Jaye Howard, whoever looks good between Stephenson/Allen, Abdullah, DeVito and Harris.

A lot depends on performance this season, but I still think it's too much to keep him.
Would be sweet if we did.

SeeingRed
07-14-2015, 12:13 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/313201/chiefs-and-houston-resuming-talks-on-tuesday

Latest Headlines
Chiefs and Houston resuming talks on Tuesday
Profootballtalk and the Kansas City Star report the Chiefs will resume long-term talks with unsigned franchise player Justin Houston on Tuesday.
PFT reports the sides have made "no real progress" in "months." Wednesday is the deadline for teams to sign franchise players to long-term contracts.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com Jul 13 - 1:24 PM

maybe?

penbrook
07-14-2015, 12:16 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/313201/chiefs-and-houston-resuming-talks-on-tuesday

Latest Headlines
Chiefs and Houston resuming talks on Tuesday
Profootballtalk and the Kansas City Star report the Chiefs will resume long-term talks with unsigned franchise player Justin Houston on Tuesday.
PFT reports the sides have made "no real progress" in "months." Wednesday is the deadline for teams to sign franchise players to long-term contracts.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com Jul 13 - 1:24 PM

maybe?

This is old news

MGM
07-14-2015, 12:17 PM
If Peters develops into a top corner and we keep that Houston and Smith combo as pass rush/true #1 corner at both CB spots and Gaines in the slot and Nelson as the dime the next 3-4 years...that's a bomb set of corners.

Just ruthless.

Absolutely....

I really think they hope Nelson will be the long term answer at nickel back. He fits the mold they Sutton and Reid like perfectly. He's quick and smaller like Kyle Wilson, Brandon Boykin, Flowers, and Owens. I really think they like him and made a point to get him in the draft. They just haven't found the right guy to play inside since they got to KC. I love that he never missed a single tackle in college too. He's a scrappy little dude.

Gaines can play nickel but will be better outside. Smith better watch out or he could end up being this years Stephenson. If those guys play lights out while he's suspended they won't Put him in when he gets back.

Chiefnj2
07-14-2015, 12:18 PM

Arguably Albert and Hudson played well enough to warrant a contract extension, but Dorsey decided it was better to draft their replacements and save some money.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 12:20 PM
Arguably Albert and Hudson played well enough to warrant a contract extension, but Dorsey decided it was better to draft their replacements and save some money.

Which is exactly how the great teams operate.

Draft, develop and prepare young players to step in and fill roles.

Reload, don't rebuild.

RunKC
07-14-2015, 12:24 PM
They drafted Nelson bc Chris Owens was an absolute trainwreck last year.

Chiefnj2
07-14-2015, 12:25 PM

Reload, don't rebuild.

Except it remains to be seen if Dorsey was able to adequately replace them.

MGM
07-14-2015, 12:26 PM

Reload, don't rebuild.

Dorsey has done a great job of drafting ahead. He's always prepared for the year after next. It's beyond building through the draft. It's like nothing we have seen in KC.

MGM
07-14-2015, 12:28 PM
They drafted Nelson bc Chris Owens was an absolute trainwreck last year.

Yeah, the smaller quicker scrappy nickel mold is what they like. Haven't found that guy in KC yet. I hope Nelson works out

ChiefGator
07-14-2015, 12:29 PM
CB Franchise tag is 13 M. No way we tag Smith with exclusive rights.

Not sure what non-exclusive or transitional tags would be though.

Hootie
07-14-2015, 12:29 PM
boy !

I sure am glad BlackBob is back so I can talk even less football on my favorite team's message board because the football talk about the Chiefs wasn't already atrocious enough!

Gee !

Thank God !

aturnis
07-14-2015, 12:33 PM

Literally none of those sources are reporting Houston and his agent are in town at all. Unless I'm missing it, but I don't think I am.

BossChief
07-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Absolutely....

I really think they hope Nelson will be the long term answer at nickel back. He fits the mold they Sutton and Reid like perfectly. He's quick and smaller like Kyle Wilson, Brandon Boykin, Flowers, and Owens. I really think they like him and made a point to get him in the draft. They just haven't found the right guy to play inside since they got to KC. I love that he never missed a single tackle in college too. He's a scrappy little dude.

Gaines can play nickel but will be better outside. Smith better watch out or he could end up being this years Stephenson. If those guys play lights out while he's suspended they won't Put him in when he gets back.

Holy mother of God.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 12:37 PM
Holy mother of God.

This guy is either the biggest troll this site's ever seen or the dumbest guy this site's ever seen.

aturnis
07-14-2015, 12:42 PM
This guy is either the biggest troll this site's ever seen or the dumbest guy this site's ever seen.

That's why he's been banned. On CP, anything goes but real threats, real world stalking, hate speech and an existence based solely on trolling.

Not to mention most of those bans of his were re-enforcing previous bans he tried to break.

MGM
07-14-2015, 01:01 PM
That's why he's been banned. On CP, anything goes but real threats, real world stalking, hate speech and an existence based solely on trolling.

Not to mention most of those bans of his were re-enforcing previous bans he tried to break.

Not true. I broke no rules and was voted out. I was the troll of trolls. I have repented. Get over it. You are just making shit up over and over.

Holy mother of God.

**** you, there is nothing wrong with that post. You guys have butthurt and are little bitches. I cited every nickelback those guys have had over the last 4-5 years. Nelson is in that mold.

Want to make the site better? Get rid of these ****s who piss on every football thread and force commentary in one direction.

Drop the ego and talk football for once.

aturnis
07-14-2015, 01:05 PM
If in fact you had a point and the Chiefs would consider sitting Smith for his actions and good play of Peters and Gaines, they'd be better of trading him before the deadline.

I doubt they'd sit him though. He was a shutdown corner last year.

MGM
07-14-2015, 01:07 PM
If in fact you had a point and the Chiefs would consider sitting Smith for his actions and good play of Peters and Gaines, they'd be better of trading him before the deadline.

I doubt they'd sit him though. He was a shutdown corner last year.

Thank you.

You are probably right but it's not out of the question. He hasn't been a shut down CB every year. Not by a long shot. Attitude probably had more to do with Stephenson than anything but, they kept him this year so who knows?

penbrook
07-14-2015, 01:07 PM
On NFL Insiders there saying a deal will get done. Adam Caplan said Chiefs are willing to make him highest paid LB but holdup is he wants to be paid like JJ Watt. Said he's looking at 16-17 mil a year with 50 mil guaranteed. Also said everyone looks up to Justin Houston in the Chiefs organization. He spends countless hours on watching film and everyone wants to see him. Said they would be surprised if a deal didn't get done!!

MGM
07-14-2015, 01:08 PM
On NFL Insiders there saying a deal will get done. Adam Caplan said Chiefs are willing to make him highest paid LB but holdup is he wants to be paid like JJ Watt. Said he's looking at 16-17 mil a year with 50 mil guaranteed. Also said everyone looks up to Justin Houston in the Chiefs organization. He spends countless hours on watching film and everyone wants to see him. Said they would be surprised if a deal didn't get done!!

Shocking lol... that's what I have been saying for the past two days. Be careful dude, you might be hammered with red for posting that.

Six years $75 million is the right deal for everyone.

penbrook
07-14-2015, 01:11 PM
Shocking lol... that's what I have been saying for the past two days. Be careful dude, you might be hammered with red for posting that.

They didn't say how many years but I'm guessing 6 and well 6 multiplied by 16 is 102. That would put him right in front of Watt so idk where your getting 75 mil from unless it's a 5 year deal

ThaVirus
07-14-2015, 01:12 PM
Sean Smith will command $10+ million if he hits the market.

After having drafted three CBs over the last couple off seasons, the writing is on the wall. We're going to let him walk, and I think that's the right move. We shouldn't give a 29 year old CB a huge extension unless we're on the cusp of bringing home a Lombardi.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 01:13 PM

The right deal for everyone would be your immediate banning

MGM
07-14-2015, 01:14 PM
They didn't say how many years but I'm guessing 6 and well 6 multiplied by 16 is 102. That would put him right in front of Watt so idk where your getting 75 mil from unless it's a 5 year deal

It said that's the hold up. They aren't paying him Watt money dude. They are offering him in the neighborhood of six years $75 million like I have been saying. That would make him the highest paid LB.

Hootie
07-14-2015, 01:15 PM

This.

MGM
07-14-2015, 01:16 PM

Only if he gets Watt money or I break the rules. Look, I generally won't be this obnoxious if you treat me with respect but, today you got me all riled up.

You guys can dish it out but you can't take it. You need to man up and be accountable.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Only if he gets Watt money or I break the rules. Look, I generally won't be this obnoxious if you treat me with respect but, today you got me all riled up.

Most of you can dish it out but can't take it.

You're a complete and utter moronic troll that brings absolutely nothing of any value to any discussion.

MGM
07-14-2015, 01:25 PM
You're a complete and utter moronic troll that brings absolutely nothing of any value to any discussion.

I am not trolling at all. I am being realistic and frankly creating decent football discussion. What if this goes exactly like I said it will and he doesn't get the Watt contract? What if he gets tagged or a deal worthy of a LB? Be honest here, some of you guys have homer blinders on. You have justified any type of situation to sign the guy to any kind of contract in your pea size brains. It's the same way it went about drafting a QB a couple of years ago. Why does everyone go with the flow here? Why doesn't anyone think outside the box? Don't be pussies. I know you guys aren't in high school. How did this happen? How did you get to this point? Say what you really think and don't worry about looking dumb.

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."

- George Aldair

The Franchise
07-14-2015, 01:28 PM
I am not trolling at all. I am being realistic and frankly creating decent football discussion. What if this goes exactly like I said it will and he doesn't get the Watt contract? What if he gets tagged or a deal worthy of a LB? Be honest here, some of you guys have homer blinders on. You have justified any type of situation to sign the guy to any kind of contract in your pea size brains. It's the same way it went about drafting a QB a couple of years ago. Why does everyone go with the flow here? Why doesn't anyone think outside the box? Don't be pussies. I know you guys aren't high school. How did this happen? How did you get to this point? Say what you really think and don't worry about looking dumb.

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."

- George Aldair

You've got the bold part covered pretty well.

Hootie
07-14-2015, 01:28 PM
welp, it's official, Chiefs talk on this board is officially dead now that blackbob is allowed to post again

*sigh*

BossChief
07-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Not true. I broke no rules and was voted out. I was the troll of trolls. I have repented. Get over it. You are just making shit up over and over.

**** you, there is nothing wrong with that post. You guys have butthurt and are little bitches. I cited every nickelback those guys have had over the last 4-5 years. Nelson is in that mold.

Want to make the site better? Get rid of these ****s who piss on every football thread and force commentary in one direction.

Drop the ego and talk football for once.

You think the coaches are gonna bench Sean Smith and never give him his job back if Gaines and Peters play well? Haha ok.

He was the 5th highest rated corner last year and didn't commit a single penalty the whole year. I'm sure theyre gonna bench him because he's just like Stephenson.

MGM
07-14-2015, 01:32 PM
You've got the bold part covered pretty well.

I do man. That's one of the most important things I've learned in the last year. What other people think of me is none of my business. What is my business is what I think of me.

I turned 40 a couple of months ago. My balls have dropped and I see life differently. You want to call me an idiot? That's fine by me. I hope to learn some things here and have a little fun. This time I am invested enough to try not to get banned.

BlackOp
07-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Sean Smith will command $10+ million if he hits the market.

After having drafted three CBs over the last couple off seasons, the writing is on the wall. We're going to let him walk, and I think that's the right move. We shouldn't give a 29 year old CB a huge extension unless we're on the cusp of bringing home a Lombardi.

I'm withholding an opinion until after this season...and see where these young corners are. Smith rated out as the #5 CB last year...KC will have money too. I would rather keep our talented players.

MGM
07-14-2015, 01:35 PM
You think the coaches are gonna bench Sean Smith and never give him his job back if Gaines and Peters play well? Haha ok.

He was the 5th highest rated corner last year and didn't commit a single penalty the whole year. I'm sure theyre gonna bench him because he's just like Stephenson.

Thank you.

You are probably right but it's not out of the question. He hasn't been a shut down CB every year. Not by a long shot. Attitude probably had more to do with Stephenson than anything but, they kept him this year so who knows?

Haley benched DJ. This shit happens all the time. It probably won't happen but it could. Reid obviously doesn't like it when people get suspended.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Reid obviously doesn't like it when people get suspended.

It will be nice when you're suspended, again.

loochy
07-14-2015, 01:43 PM
I do man. That's one of the most important things I've learned in the last year. What other people think of me is none of my business. What is my business is what I think of me.

I turned 40 a couple of months ago. My balls have dropped and I see life differently. You want to call me an idiot? That's fine by me. I hope to learn some things here and have a little fun. This time I am invested enough to try not to get banned.

You're joking, right?

Dunerdr
07-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Alex smith sucks

loochy
07-14-2015, 01:46 PM
Alex smith sucks

http://i.imgur.com/OfYGY.gif

BossChief
07-14-2015, 01:47 PM
Haley benched DJ. This shit happens all the time. It probably won't happen but it could. Reid obviously doesn't like it when people get suspended.

You should try to stop breathing.

MGM
07-14-2015, 01:54 PM
You should try to stop breathing.

Would your father in heaven approve of that? What drives you to say that? I think you hate yourself so you take it out on guys like me. You just want to be good at something. You are good at talking football dude. You just need to let go of your ego a little bit. You are really disrespectful of people. You often come off like you think you are intellectually superior. You are bossy. You think I don't know you, hootie, and Dane are trying to derail this thread and make me look bad? I see it. I just don't care. It doesn't matter what I think of you. What matters is what you think of you. I hope you'll listen to me because I bet you don't think you are a very good person inside.

P.S. I don't have to try to stop breathing. I can do it. I just held my breath for one minute and twenty seven seconds.

loochy
07-14-2015, 01:55 PM
P.S. I don't have to try to stop breathing. I can do it. I just held my breath for one minute and twenty seven seconds.

Pssh, that's nothing. Try 25 minutes and get back to us.

ThaVirus
07-14-2015, 01:55 PM
I'm withholding an opinion until after this season...and see where these young corners are. Smith rated out as the #5 CB last year...KC will have money too. I would rather keep our talented players.

There are obviously several factors that come into play. Generally speaking, I don't think we should sign aging CBs to long term deals.

If our rookies blow dicks? We've got to think about it. If we go deep in the postseason but fall short of the Super Bowl? We've got to think about it. If we can sign him to a deal with an easy out after 3 years? We've got to think about it.

WeathermanKumke
07-14-2015, 02:00 PM
6 years 97.5 Million. 50 Million Locked in

penbrook
07-14-2015, 02:03 PM

When will it be announced?

Sully
07-14-2015, 02:04 PM
Be honest here, some of you guys have homer blinders on. You have justified any type of situation to sign the guy to any kind of contract in your pea size brains.

See, here's (another) example of where your conclusions make no damn sense. If this was a case of being homers, there would be one of two things happening;
A) We would be arguing desperately that this deal happened as cheap as possible, and of it wasnt, it'd be because Houston is a terrible person who rapes babies

Or

B) We would be arguing to sign Houston for whatever he asks for. If he wants to take Clark's butt virginity, then he should have it.

Neither of those is happening. The discussion revolves around what he realistically deserves and what the Chiefs should realistically offer. Just because everyone disagrees with you doesn't make it "homer blinders" and it doesn't make it a pile one. It doesn't mean you're wrong, necessarily (although you are, always. And in a hurry to prove it loudly for some reason), but it should give anyone with some intelligence pause to rethink their position, rather than just cry about all the other meanie on the intrawebz.

MGM
07-14-2015, 02:08 PM
No dude... Just no... It makes perfect sense. It's all in this thread but, you probably aren't interested in seeing reality.

BossChief
07-14-2015, 02:23 PM

I assume you mean it's already signed?

If true, I love you...if you're trolling, I will end you.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 02:25 PM
It makes perfect sense.

The only thing that makes "perfect sense" is that you're banned again for trolling.

Halfcan
07-14-2015, 02:25 PM

Link?

BossChief
07-14-2015, 02:27 PM

Dude, you need to start a twitter account and break this one if you truly know.

Hootie
07-14-2015, 02:29 PM
Yeah !!!

Then you guys can try and be fake famous together !!!

Titty Meat
07-14-2015, 02:30 PM
The only thing that makes "perfect sense" is that you're banned again for trolling.

That won't happen because 1 mod thinks it's funny to keep these trolls around.

hometeam
07-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Link?

The link is himself. He is saying HE is saying it~

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 02:31 PM

If he's "In The Know", posting this on Twitter would most certainly break any relationship with the informant.

If he's correct, I'd rather see a pipeline of info for as long as it's available as opposed to a one time scoop.

Halfcan
07-14-2015, 02:33 PM
The link is himself. He is saying HE is saying it~

seems legit :doh!:

getting neg rep bomb locked and loaded

penbrook
07-14-2015, 02:36 PM
The only time I have come across weatherman was when he trolled everyone into thinking Manning was 100% gonna come to the Chiefs over at AP. Now idk if he has broken any news before or after this.

BossChief
07-14-2015, 02:41 PM
If he's "In The Know", posting this on Twitter would most certainly break any relationship with the informant.

If he's correct, I'd rather see a pipeline of info for as long as it's available as opposed to a one time scoop.

He was absolutely correct about the Maclin signing way before it happened, too...and was just as sure about that as he has been about this.

If someone is giving him info and they haven't said to keep it private, I'd have no problem posting the info.

kysirsoze
07-14-2015, 02:41 PM
The only time I have come across weatherman was when he trolled everyone into thinking Manning was 100% gonna come to the Chiefs over at AP. Now idk if he has broken any news before or after this.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/render_definition.php?defid=2029284

penbrook
07-14-2015, 02:43 PM
He was absolutely correct about the Maclin signing way before it happened, too...and was just as sure about that as he has been about this.

If someone is giving him info and they haven't said to keep it private, I'd have no problem posting the info.

Actually I'm the one who said Maclin was coming to KC when you guys didn't believe me.

RunKC
07-14-2015, 02:44 PM
Man tomorrow is gonna be good reading on chiefsplanet

kysirsoze
07-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Actually I'm the one who said Maclin was coming to KC when you guys didn't believe me.

Link?

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 02:45 PM

The difference is that:

A) You didn't have any inside info.

B) Anyone could connect those dots.

Actually, that's a big difference.

penbrook
07-14-2015, 02:48 PM
The difference is that:

A) You didn't have any inside info.

B) Anyone could connect those dots.

Actually, that's a big difference.

And what makes you think the "weatherman" has inside info. And really if it was easy to connect the dots than 3/4 of CP failed miserably in connecting those.

Eleazar
07-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Everybody knew about Maclin coming here, they were freaking tampering with him for pete's sake and he didn't have any serious discussions with anyone else. Not a hard prediction to make.

MGM
07-14-2015, 02:49 PM
I'll tell you what.... if I am right I'll just say thanks to those who acknowledge it and move on. Being right isn't more important than winning.

MotherfuckerJones
07-14-2015, 02:50 PM
Yeah !!!

Then you guys can try and be fake famous together !!!

ROFL

hometeam
07-14-2015, 02:50 PM
And what makes you think the "weatherman" has inside info. And really if it was easy to connect the dots than 3/4 of CP failed miserably in connecting those.

Well hes claiming he has inside info. May or may not be true~

He was wrong on the only other thing I ever saw out of him, and he supposedly knew about that from inside too.

penbrook
07-14-2015, 02:51 PM
Well hes claiming he has inside info. May or may not be true~

He was wrong on the only other thing I ever saw out of him, and he supposedly knew about that from inside too.

Which was?

MotherfuckerJones
07-14-2015, 02:51 PM
I'll tell you what.... if I am right I'll just say thanks to those who acknowledge it and move on. Being right isn't more important than winning.

Congratulations on being the worlds worst troll. Just have that breath mint ready after you're done eating Clays ass.

BossChief
07-14-2015, 02:52 PM
Here's what we know

Weatherman said the Chiefs agreed in principle with Justin Houston 6/98/50 and that they are going to wait to announce it till after the MLB hoopla...makes sense with the Royals deserving of their own thunder.
Lacanfora reports that the Chiefs made significant progress towards a new deal
Houston is in town with his agent
Multiple reports claim the Chiefs are extremely optimistic about getting a deal signed before the deadline (which can be interpreted as the deal is done and the media is in agreement to keep it hush hush till right at the deadline)

Before weatherman posted the info, EVERYONE just assumed that there would be no new deal and that Houston would play on the tag in 2015. EVERYONE.

I hope he's not bullshitting.

hometeam
07-14-2015, 02:52 PM
Which was?

He was the guy who supposedly knew Peyton Manning was in KC to sign~

WeathermanKumke
07-14-2015, 02:53 PM
Which was?

When I trolled AP into thinking that Peyton Manning was going to come here and got them into searching planes on a flight tracker website. When he signed for Denver, the tears and rage were moist excellent.

MotherfuckerJones
07-14-2015, 02:54 PM

I was calling it too. Who cares? Way to go out on a limb with Reid signing the guy he drafted.

RunKC
07-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Honest question for the board: if Dorsey gets Houston signed tomorrow, is this the best Chiefs offseason you've seen as a fan?

The Franchise
07-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Honest question for the board: if Dorsey gets Houston signed tomorrow, is this the best Chiefs offseason you've seen as a fan?

In recent memory.....yeah.

BossChief
07-14-2015, 02:56 PM
When I trolled AP into thinking that Peyton Manning was going to come here and got them into searching planes on a flight tracker website. When he signed for Denver, the tears and rage were moist excellent.
Oh well.

Grain of salt then.

WeathermanKumke
07-14-2015, 02:57 PM
Here's what we know

Weatherman said the Chiefs agreed in principle with Justin Houston 6/98/50 and that they are going to wait to announce it till after the MLB hoopla...makes sense with the Royals deserving of their own thunder.
Lacanfora reports that the Chiefs made significant progress towards a new deal
Houston is in town with his agent
Multiple reports claim the Chiefs are extremely optimistic about getting a deal signed before the deadline (which can be interpreted as the deal is done and the media is in agreement to keep it hush hush till right at the deadline)

Before weatherman posted the info, EVERYONE just assumed that there would be no new deal and that Houston would play on the tag in 2015. EVERYONE.

I hope he's not bullshitting.

And now even Warpaint is Saying the Garauenteed money is around the number I called (50 million). He says low 50 millions in his tweet. Even him can get to the source.

Eleazar
07-14-2015, 02:58 PM

It'd have to be the best one in most of our lifetimes.

The Franchise
07-14-2015, 03:01 PM
And now even Warpaint is Saying the Garauenteed money is around the number I called (50 million). He says low 50 millions in his tweet. Even him can get to the source.

Well shit....leave it to WPI to screw this up.