PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Justin Houston Contract Rumor...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

ChiefGator
07-14-2015, 03:02 PM
6 years 97.5 Million. 50 Million guaranteed.

Link: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=11598664&postcount=751

(Sorry.. couldn't help myself)

Eleazar
07-14-2015, 03:03 PM
And now even Warpaint is Saying the Garauenteed money is around the number I called (50 million). He says low 50 millions in his tweet. Even him can get to the source.

Warpaint is saying it because the Assclown read it on Twitter just like everyone else.

penbrook
07-14-2015, 03:03 PM
And now even Warpaint is Saying the Garauenteed money is around the number I called (50 million). He says low 50 millions in his tweet. Even him can get to the source.

Dude is a troll. Nick Athan is the last person I would get my info from

Chiefnj2
07-14-2015, 03:04 PM
Honest question for the board: if Dorsey gets Houston signed tomorrow, is this the best Chiefs offseason you've seen as a fan?

The Franchise
07-14-2015, 03:05 PM

What the hell does that sentence even mean?

Eleazar
07-14-2015, 03:06 PM
The tags LMAO

ChiefGator
07-14-2015, 03:10 PM

That he has bad grammar?

DeezNutz
07-14-2015, 03:11 PM

Fuck, weatherman is Athan.

BossChief
07-14-2015, 03:13 PM

Enough with the hoopla.

You were just guessing. Right.

Ebolapox
07-14-2015, 03:13 PM

know why? led to an afc championship game.

let's see what you got, reid.

WeathermanKumke
07-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Sarcasm I guess didn't fly with my post. I was calling Nick Athan Garbage and saying that even him is on the trail. He's a terrible sports writer

The Franchise
07-14-2015, 03:16 PM
Sarcasm I guess didn't fly with my post. I was calling Nick Athan Garbage and saying that even him is on the trail. He's a terrible sports writer

And your grammar sucks. Jesus....thank God you're just a weatherman.

Halfcan
07-14-2015, 03:18 PM

:doh!: Warpaint.

So you were just throwing numbers out there with no source. :#

Halfcan
07-14-2015, 03:20 PM
****, weatherman is Athan.

:thumb:

They sure does have da same writtin style-that fo show!

penbrook
07-14-2015, 03:22 PM
:doh!: Warpaint.

So you were just throwing numbers out there with no source. :#

I told you guys

The Franchise
07-14-2015, 03:24 PM
I told you guys

You didn't tell us shit. You should be busy working on actually linking shit you post and not worrying about everyone else.

Rausch
07-14-2015, 03:34 PM
Honest question for the board: if Dorsey gets Houston signed tomorrow, is this the best Chiefs offseason you've seen as a fan?

Since 93.

This defense could be sick for years with him signed long term...

Eleazar
07-14-2015, 03:38 PM
-make prediction/guess
-claim you have inside information
-if guess comes true, enjoy your internet scrotum ornaments
-if not, disappear

The Franchise
07-14-2015, 03:40 PM
He already Signed with the Chiefs in Principal to a Contract last night. They are waiting to announce it till the day of so they don't compete with All Star Game since it would take focus off of Royals.

Contract is 6 years, 97.5 Million with 50 Mill Guaranteed.

Same Source that told me Maclin was coming here and that we were going to draft De'Anthony Thomas.

He claimed his source....not a guess.

TimBone
07-14-2015, 04:12 PM
Lol. Banned obviously. The coalition always seemed like a place to "play nice" to me. Maybe it's changed, but I never enjoyed it.

I've been there for years and I don't play nice. Never been banned. Been banned here 52 times. You are talking out of your ass.
I thought the coalition was shut down?

SAUTO
07-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Yeah, the smaller quicker scrappy nickel mold is what they like. Haven't found that guy in KC yet. I hope Nelson works out

Link?

RunKC
07-14-2015, 04:18 PM
Who the fuck cares about "oh my source!".

its like people make such a big deal out of being first, especially since you aren't even in the business.

Chiefaholic
07-14-2015, 04:21 PM

I'd have to say the Montana / Allen offseason was the best I can think of to date. We had every piece of the puzzle necessary outside of multiple receiving threats (JJ Birden).

aturnis
07-14-2015, 04:25 PM
It said that's the hold up. They aren't paying him Watt money dude. They are offering him in the neighborhood of six years $75 million like I have been saying. That would make him the highest paid LB.

Link?

aturnis
07-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Only if he gets Watt money or I break the rules. Look, I generally won't be this obnoxious if you treat me with respect but, today you got me all riled up.

You guys can dish it out but you can't take it. You need to man up and be accountable.

Apparently to you, respect means telling you you're right.

aturnis
07-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Dude, you need to start a twitter account and break this one if you truly know.

He's on Twitter. Search his username.

aturnis
07-14-2015, 04:37 PM
That won't happen because 1 mod thinks it's funny to keep these trolls around.

Everyone hates that mod.

The Franchise
07-14-2015, 04:39 PM
He's on Twitter. Search his username.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Remember. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> signed <a href="https://twitter.com/JHouston50">@JHouston50</a> to 6 year 97.5 million with 50 mill garuenteed on Saturday. They waiting till after ASG. presser 2pm</p>&mdash; Weatherman (@KumkeWx) <a href="https://twitter.com/KumkeWx/status/621062194105569281">July 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

aturnis
07-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Actually I'm the one who said Maclin was coming to KC when you guys didn't believe me.

Fuck dude. Go back to school!

Did you claim to have a source or inside knowledge? No. You hoped and hoped and wished upon a star! The fact that what you believed with all your lil chiefy heart ended up happening, doesn't mean you were right.

Chiefaholic
07-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Mellow out guys... If he signs a long term deal, that would be sweet. If he decided to play the season under the franchise tag, he'll work his ass off another season to prove to the front office he deserved to be the highest paid OLB ever (like they don't already know that). Then we have the option again to franchise him again and work out a long term contract with more salary space next year.

Looking at out situation during the Pioli era when we literally had nothing to look forward to, short of gutting the team and starting over from scratch. This is a nice problem to have.

aturnis
07-14-2015, 04:42 PM
And what makes you think the "weatherman" has inside info. And really if it was easy to connect the dots than 3/4 of CP failed miserably in connecting those.

We all knew there was a possibility. The Reid connection. Hello?

We also doubted it would happen as the Eagles wanted to keep him and had money. Whereas, the Chiefs did not.

aturnis
07-14-2015, 04:45 PM

They are probably using you as their source, they're that bad.

Nightfyre
07-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Hey guys. "My source" says Houston will play under the tag this year and the Chiefs will tag him again next year.

Dude is probably just a guy in the basement taking a 50/50 guess.

penbrook
07-14-2015, 04:58 PM
In other news PFT said Houston may or may not sign by tommorow

SAUTO
07-14-2015, 05:09 PM
I am not trolling at all. I am being realistic and frankly creating decent football discussion. What if this goes exactly like I said it will and he doesn't get the Watt contract? What if he gets tagged or a deal worthy of a LB? Be honest here, some of you guys have homer blinders on. You have justified any type of situation to sign the guy to any kind of contract in your pea size brains. It's the same way it went about drafting a QB a couple of years ago. Why does everyone go with the flow here? Why doesn't anyone think outside the box? Don't be pussies. I know you guys aren't in high school. How did this happen? How did you get to this point? Say what you really think and don't worry about looking dumb.

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."

- George Aldairhe has already been tagged

BigRedChief
07-14-2015, 05:19 PM
Isn't these the exact numbers that everyone was speculating that eventually would get the deal done?

MGM
07-14-2015, 05:30 PM
he has already been tagged

I meant signs tag. Great post sauto.

SAUTO
07-14-2015, 05:35 PM
I meant signs tag. Great post sauto.

You have typed something you didn't mean about fifty times then

MGM
07-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Link?

No link needed. Read the context of the posts i was replying to. Florio stated Houston wanted in the area of $16 million a year and the Chiefs wanted to pay him LB money. The six year $75 million I posted would make him the highest paid LB by a lot.

Quit being lazy numb skull.

mdchiefsfan
07-14-2015, 05:41 PM
LMAO Sauto has found Black Bob's hole.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/ue67orpRaEcOQ/giphy.gif

SAUTO
07-14-2015, 05:41 PM
No, you just aren't very bright.

Really? You just said you didn't mean get tagged...

You have posted "If he gets tagged" multiple times.

How does that equal me not being very bright?

SAUTO
07-14-2015, 05:43 PM
LMAO Sauto has found Black Bob's hole.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/ue67orpRaEcOQ/giphy.gif

Sauto had him pegged at 1st post.

I was just giving him the rope hoping maybe he could not be a fucking idiot

MGM
07-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Really? You just said you didn't mean get tagged...

You have posted "If he gets tagged" multiple times.

How does that equal me not being very bright?

You make a good point. I will take it back and say "under the tag" from now on.

mdchiefsfan
07-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Sauto had him pegged at 1st post.

I was just giving him the rope hoping maybe he could not be a ****ing idiot

What's that, like five times pegged immediately? ROFL

SAUTO
07-14-2015, 05:45 PM
No link needed. Read the context of the posts i was replying to. Florio stated Houston wanted in the area of $16 million a year and the Chiefs wanted to pay him LB money. The six year $75 million I posted would make him the highest paid LB by a lot.

Again how am I the not very bright one here?

I asked for a link to them wanting smaller scrappy nickel backs.

I mean your post I was asking about was only quoted...

Smart guy

SAUTO
07-14-2015, 05:46 PM

Every time. I tagged him fairly quickly.

mdchiefsfan
07-14-2015, 05:47 PM
Every time. I tagged him fairly quickly.

I see what you did there.

MGM
Damn I had you guys by the balls. I haven't tried to hide in ages. It's the same thing every time. I am the only person who ever e-mails the mods.

ILChief
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/621101996427333632

LoneWolf
07-14-2015, 05:48 PM

Why would Houston sign a 6 year 75 million dollar contract? That is an average less than what he would make playing on the tag.

Houston will get a contract with an average annual salary between 14.5 to 15.5 million. So if he signs a six year deal it will be for somewhere between 87 and 93 million.

MGM
07-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Why would Houston sign a 6 year 75 million dollar contract? That is an average less than what he would make playing on the tag.

Houston will get a contract with an average annual salary between 14.5 to 15.5 million. So if he signs a six year deal it will be for somewhere between 87 and 93 million.

Not if he has a 12 game / 12 sack season. What are the odds he plays 16 games? he's not gonna have 20+ sacks again. What we offer him now is probably equal to or less than he'll be offered next March.

He can be the highest paid LB now. Or, he can wait and see. The Chiefs aren't going to meet his demands. No way no how.

There is no way in hell he gets Watt money right now. People only get that kind of money in March.

ChiefGator
07-14-2015, 05:52 PM
According to NFL Total Access.. Dez Bryant.. Cowboys.. Dez Bryant.. DThomas... Cowboys.. Dez Bryant....

Chiefs Pantalones
07-14-2015, 05:54 PM
@RapSheet: Of all franchise tag situations, Justin Houston & #Chiefs have the most optimism. Nothing is certain, but they have made a big commitment

LoneWolf
07-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Not if he has a 12 game / 12 sack season. He's not gonna have 20+ sacks again. What we offer him now is probably equal to or less than he'll be offered next March.

Listen, dipshit. The least amount of money Houston can make next season if he is tagged again is over 15 million. He's not accepting a contract for less than that.

If he has 12 sacks in 12 games, that would still be a good season. Certainly good enough to demand the contract he is seeking.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-14-2015, 05:57 PM
Justin Houston and J.J. Watt are not that far off as players. I'm not sure why people in the national media completely ignore JH. He's just as much a force as Watt.

Rausch
07-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Justin Houston and J.J. Watt are not that far off as players. I'm not sure why people in the national media completely ignore JH. He's just as much a force as Watt.

Because Chiefs...

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:02 PM

Because he mostly plays on the left side and rarely goes against a LT. He is never double teamed because of Hali. Watt is 3-4 DE and would be double teamed most of the time even if he wasn't good.

No player has ever been like Watt in the history of the game.

Sully
07-14-2015, 06:04 PM
Because he mostly plays on the left side and rarely goes against a LT. He is never double teamed because of Hali. Watt is 3-4 DE and would be double teamed most of the time even if he wasn't good.

Why?

Why do you have to prove you don't know shit about the game?

Watt is amazing. There have been several players like him in NFL history.

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:04 PM
Listen, dipshit. The least amount of money Houston can make next season if he is tagged again is over 15 million. He's not accepting a contract for less than that.

If he has 12 sacks in 12 games, that would still be a good season. Certainly good enough to demand the contract he is seeking.

Yeah but combine this year and next year's tags and it's not as much as the $30 million he would make if he took the deal.

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:05 PM
Why?

Why do you have to prove you don't know shit about the game?

Watt is amazing. There have been several players like him in NFL history.

Who? Name them. 3-4 Defensive ends?

Red Dawg
07-14-2015, 06:10 PM
I fear Dorsey offered JJ Watt money and Houston said no. If that is the case then he may just not want to be here pure and simple.

MotherfuckerJones
You make a good point. I will take it back and say "under the tag" from now on.

Just quit fucking posting

MGM

Richard Seymour? Muhammad Wilkerson? Sheldon Richardson? Brett Keisel? Those are some of the best 3-4 DEs ever. None are anywhere near Watt. He is one if a kind.

Houston is not.

BigRedChief
07-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Justin Houston and J.J. Watt are not that far off as players. I'm not sure why people in the national media completely ignore JH. He's just as much a force as Watt.JJ understands and can handle marketing and interviews. Houston is a good football player. He will not be doing national cell phone commercials. He just doesn't have those skills. He'slucky, he's going to get generational changing money for his family because his skill that he does have is worth the money.

MotherfuckerJones
07-14-2015, 06:14 PM
Richard Seymour? Muhammad Wilkerson? Sheldon Richardson? Brett Keisel? Those are some of the best 3-4 DEs ever. None are anywhere near Watt. He is one if a kind.

Houston is not.

You're right 22 sacks happens every year

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:15 PM
JJ understands and can handle marketing and interviews. Houston is a good football player. He will not be doing national cell phone commercials. He just doesn't have those skills. He'slucky, he's going to get generational changing money for his family because his skill that he does have is worth the money.

Good point. I remember you talking about that last year at this time. He's not "a face of the franchise" type if guy. Most guys who take up 10% of their team s cap space weren't former potheads and are squeaky clean.

Sully
07-14-2015, 06:15 PM

Bruce Smith

Eleazar
07-14-2015, 06:16 PM
I fear Dorsey offered JJ Watt money and Houston said no. If that is the case then he may just not want to be here pure and simple.

:spock:

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:17 PM
You're right 22 sacks happens every year

Do 12 interception happen every year? One time Walt Harris had 12 for the Niners.

Houston is no Walt Harris but fuck the stats. This is about more than that

MotherfuckerJones
07-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Good point. I remember you talking about that last year at this time. He's not "a face of the franchise" type if guy. Most guys who take up 10% of their team s cap space weren't former potheads and are squeaky clean.

He had one positive test at the combine and hasn't been suspended nor failed a test since then. Ya wow what a pot head

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Bruce Smith

Nope, he was a 4-3 DE.

TimBone
07-14-2015, 06:19 PM

This has to be the dumbest shit.

Can we lock Black Bob and Inmen in a thread by themselves and just let them have at each other from now on?

SAUTO

Houston is not.

Bruce smith?

Sully
Nope, he was a 4-3 DE.

The Bills ran a 3-4. You're wrong (again).

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:20 PM
He had one positive test at the combine and hasn't been suspended nor failed a test since then. Ya wow what a pot head

There were SEVERAL incidents at UGA. He has probably overcome that but people care.

Anyong Bluth
It would seem weird that this is just some random tweet without actually hearing something.

I mean, it's obvious that any contract is going to be a substantial commitment.

I guess what I'm saying is it seems like a rather worthless tweet unless the Chiefs actually put out a new contract offer to get this done before the deadline.

I'm cool with paying Houston, I just hope he's at least reasonable. I'm not very interested in handing out a Flacco contract. It's made their cap situation hell, and tied their hands in keeping other guys or other personnel moves.

MotherfuckerJones
Do 12 interception happen every year? One time Walt Harris had 12 for the Niners.

Houston is no Walt Harris but **** the stats. This is about more than that

What's it all about then? He doesn't get suspended. He doesn't miss many games.

BigRedChief
07-14-2015, 06:21 PM
Good point. I remember you talking about that last year at this time. He's not "a face of the franchise" type if guy. Most guys who take up 10% of their team s cap space weren't former potheads and are squeaky clean.Nothing to do with his moral choices or burning trees. He is just not that savy in front of a camera. Not a needed skill in the NFL. Must have to do national commercials.

SAUTO
07-14-2015, 06:25 PM

I was sure of it too, been looking for proof.

Couldn't find their playbook. Yet.

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:26 PM

I stand corrected. I eat crow and you are right. Still, it's really really rare. The only guys that can really even be in the same sentence are Seymour and Smith.

KCrockaholic
07-14-2015, 06:26 PM
I was sure of it too, been looking for proof.

Couldn't find their playbook. Yet.

They ran both while Bruce Smith was there.

SAUTO
07-14-2015, 06:27 PM
They usually only had 3 guys listed at DT on their roster

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Nothing to do with his moral choices or burning trees. He is just not that savy in front of a camera. Not a needed skill in the NFL. Must have to do national commercials.

I don't know. He's got to be better than Charles and he got in a commercial.

RealSNR
07-14-2015, 06:33 PM

Houston is no Walt Harris but fuck the stats. This is about more than that

That's what we tried to tell you when we said he sets the edge on run plays better than any 3-4 OLB in the game, and he's also not a total liability in coverage. Oh yeah and he has the ability to rack up 22 sacks in a season on top of that.

But then earlier you said that incredible balanced skill set he has as a player means he's shitty because if he were any good at rushing the passer, Sutton would never waste any snaps making him do shit where he doesn't go after the QB.

So which is it?

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:34 PM
What's it all about then? He doesn't get suspended. He doesn't miss many games.

1. Doesn't go against LT.

2. Doesn't play a position that warrants that kind of money. What he is supposedly asking for is 25% more per year than the highest paid LB.

3. Has had drug problems in the past

We have been over this many times.

penbrook
07-14-2015, 06:34 PM
Ian Rapaport said Chiefs are optimistic a deal will get done and have made a big commitment money wise to him

KCrockaholic
07-14-2015, 06:36 PM
They ran both while Bruce Smith was there.

Just occurred to me I might've been thinking of Reggie White.

I haven't been following the conversation on here.

MotherfuckerJones
07-14-2015, 06:38 PM
Ian Rapaport said Chiefs are optimistic a deal will get done and have made a big commitment money wise to him

That's new no link information.

mdchiefsfan
07-14-2015, 06:44 PM
That's what we tried to tell you when we said he sets the edge on run plays better than any 3-4 OLB in the game, and he's also not a total liability in coverage. Oh yeah and he has the ability to rack up 22 sacks in a season on top of that.

But then earlier you said that incredible balanced skill set he has as a player means he's shitty because if he were any good at rushing the passer, Sutton would never waste any snaps making him do shit where he doesn't go after the QB.

So which is it?

LMAO wait for the spin. Round and round we go!!

Mr. Laz
07-14-2015, 06:44 PM
oh bullshit, just stop.

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:49 PM

So which is it?

Link? That is not what I said. I see what you are doing

MGM
07-14-2015, 06:52 PM
oh bullshit, just stop.

It is BS. You can't talk to these homers. I am out. Peace!

The Franchise
07-14-2015, 07:13 PM
oh bullshit, just stop.

Houston doesn't catch TDs.

Watt doesn't cover.

I guess it's a wash.

TrebMaxx
07-14-2015, 07:39 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

aturnis
07-14-2015, 08:03 PM

BEP?

aturnis
07-14-2015, 08:06 PM

Sauto is obviously the chosen one. I will follow him! All new followers will be baptized in wontons and motor oil...

aturnis
07-14-2015, 08:12 PM

What don't you understand about "the QB can see him coming"?

aturnis
07-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Yeah but combine this year and next year's tags and it's not as much as the $30 million he would make if he took the deal.

Right, but in one scenario, he's yours for 6 years, in the other, you have him for 2.

aturnis
07-14-2015, 08:17 PM
Nope, he was a 4-3 DE.

So, in your mind, sacks are valued differently depending on who gets them?

aturnis
07-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Nothing to do with his moral choices or burning trees. He is just not that savy in front of a camera. Not a needed skill in the NFL. Must have to do national commercials.

I think he does fine in front of a camera. Don't know where you're getting this from.

ILChief
07-14-2015, 08:20 PM

Well WR touchdowns are worth more than TE and RB touchdowns

aturnis
07-14-2015, 08:21 PM

So which is it?

He's not a liability at all. 4th best in coverage last season. Some OLB's, that's their speciality.

Sure-Oz
07-14-2015, 08:22 PM
Chiefs, Houston have 'most optimism' for deal

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports of all the unsigned franchise players, the Chiefs and OLB Justin Houston have the "most optimism" of reaching a long-term agreement before Wednesday's deadline.
Considering the other two unsigned franchise players Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant appear to have little-to-no optimism of reaching a deal, it'd be hard for Houston and the Chiefs to not be the most optimistic. PFT's Mike Florio put the odds at "50-50" earlier on Tuesday that the two sides hash out their differences. Houston is likely seeking upwards of $15 million annually.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jul 14 - 9:27 PM

Eleazar
07-14-2015, 08:26 PM

Promise?

aturnis
07-14-2015, 08:28 PM
Well WR touchdowns are worth more than TE and RB touchdowns

You're right. Damned Chiefs WR's.

58-4ever
07-14-2015, 08:33 PM
Guessing 50/50 is fantastic. You're right 30 percent of the time every time.

RealSNR
07-14-2015, 08:33 PM
Link? That is not what I said. I see what you are doing

Fair point. I did get wrong what you said.

However, I still don't get your line of reasoning in these posts:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=11597022&postcount=532

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=11597039&postcount=537

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=11597083&postcount=545

We're saying he's not some OLB that teams can just neutralize by running straight at him, nor is he some OLB that can be duped when he stays behind to cover TEs and RBs on short routes.

In fact, not only is he solid in those areas, but he's top 3 in the league among 3-4 OLBs. He's probably the best, actually.

That would be worthless if his pass rushing skills were mediocre. Oh, wait... they're actually not mediocre at all. They're 22 MOTHERFUCKING SACKS

That's IN ADDITION to what he does when he's not rushing the QB.

You were talking earlier about wanting COMPLETE and GAME-CHANGING players if you were going to give JJ Watt money to any players. Well, I'd probably call that game-changing.

58-4ever
07-14-2015, 08:41 PM
If it doesn't wreck the cap, I've never understood the fans caring what a guy gets paid...

aturnis
07-14-2015, 08:56 PM

We're saying he's not some OLB that teams can just neutralize by running straight at him, nor is he some OLB that can be duped when he stays behind to cover TEs and RBs on short routes.

In fact, not only is he solid in those areas, but he's top 3 in the league among 3-4 OLBs. He's probably the best, actually.

That would be worthless if his pass rushing skills were mediocre. Oh, wait... they're actually not mediocre at all. They're 22 MOTHERFUCKING SACKS

You were talking earlier about wanting COMPLETE and GAME-CHANGING players if you were going to give JJ Watt money to any players. Well, I'd probably call that game-changing.

Seems to forget that Houston would have had a shot at the record if they hadn't insisted on dropping him into coverage. Which he did with complaining.

He is to the defensive side of the ball what Charles is to the offensive side. He can kill you everywhere in every facet.

Sully
07-14-2015, 09:12 PM
Let's look at his oft-repeated "evidence" that Houston isn't that good because he plays on the left side.

If that is such an easy way to go let sacks, why don't all teams play their best rusher on that side?

There's a reason.

LTS are obviously your best pass blockers. They need to be, because they are on an island. On the other side, most snaps there is a TE who, if not helping in the passing game, is at the very least chipping the rusher. The rusher on the left side also has more responsibilities, with run responsibilities, checking the TE (unless a wide 9), and in Houston's case, much of the time containing a mobile QB. (Go watch the home Raiders game from 2013, Houston's job all day was to rush to QB depth, and then spy). A rusher from the right side just rushes.

MotherfuckerJones
07-14-2015, 09:13 PM
At this point, I'll be disappointed if a deal doesn't get done. Just seems so optimistic right now.

BigRedChief
07-14-2015, 09:19 PM
I think he does fine in front of a camera. Don't know where you're getting this from.Sure. 22 Sacks this last season. How many commercials has he done? Name me the last NFL player who had 20+ sacks and didn't get commercials?

I love me some Houston. He may be the modern day DT on the field but he just doesn't have the personality of DT or JJ. He is what he is. Best damn defensive player we have had in a long time. Thats good enough for me.:thumb:

Discuss Thrower
07-14-2015, 09:23 PM
Houston isn't a renowned player media wise because of the city where he's playing.

He gets 22 sacks in New York, you bet your ass he's in commercials with Strahan.

Tribal Warfare
07-14-2015, 09:26 PM
Houston isn't a renowned player media wise because of the city where he's playing.

well that, and KC hasn't won over a dozen NFL championships also like the town of GB

ThaVirus
07-14-2015, 09:48 PM
Sure. 22 Sacks this last season. How many commercials has he done? Name me the last NFL player who had 20+ sacks and didn't get commercials?

I love me some Houston. He may be the modern day DT on the field but he just doesn't have the personality of DT or JJ. He is what he is. Best damn defensive player we have had in a long time. Thats good enough for me.:thumb:

I don't ever remember seeing Jared Allen in any commercials

Jerok
07-14-2015, 10:04 PM
So we find out tomorrow right? Glued to sports radio tomorrow.

-King-
07-14-2015, 10:05 PM
You guys know how big a troll blackbob is and yet you still reply to him and entertain him for multiple pages. People on this site are stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam
07-14-2015, 10:06 PM
You guys know how big a troll blackbob is and yet you still reply to him and entertain him for multiple pages. People on this site are stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its the offseason.

hometeam
07-14-2015, 10:08 PM
I don't ever remember seeing Jared Allen in any commercials

What about those ones where the woman is all l 'HE WENT TO JARED' etc

EXPLAIN THAT ONE THEN

Brock
07-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Sure. 22 Sacks this last season. How many commercials has he done? Name me the last NFL player who had 20+ sacks and didn't get commercials?

He is very articulate and has a great personality. What are you talking about?

aturnis
07-14-2015, 10:22 PM
Let's look at his oft-repeated "evidence" that Houston isn't that good because he plays on the left side.

If that is such an easy way to go let sacks, why don't all teams play their best rusher on that side?

There's a reason.

LTS are obviously your best pass blockers. They need to be, because they are on an island. On the other side, most snaps there is a TE who, if not helping in the passing game, is at the very least chipping the rusher. The rusher on the left side also has more responsibilities, with run responsibilities, checking the TE (unless a wide 9), and in Houston's case, much of the time containing a mobile QB. (Go watch the home Raiders game from 2013, Houston's job all day was to rush to QB depth, and then spy). A rusher from the right side just rushes.

Actually, LT is a result of putting best pass rusher on the blindside. A good LT negates that advantage.

BigRedChief
07-14-2015, 10:23 PM
He is very articulate and has a great personality. What are you talking about?cool. Now why doesn't he have national commercials?

aturnis
07-14-2015, 10:27 PM
cool. Now why doesn't he have national commercials?

Market. Nobody cares about KC. Never have.

ThaVirus
07-14-2015, 10:45 PM
We fucking suck, people. Shut the fuck up.

The Packers are a small market team in middle America and they get tons of press. You know why? Because they're good.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 10:50 PM

The Packers are a small market team in middle America and they get tons of press. You know why? Because they're good.

They don't get any press where I live

Brock
07-14-2015, 10:53 PM
cool. Now why doesn't he have national commercials?

Because he is neither a dreamy white dude like jj watt or clay matthews, nor is he a league mvp like white or taylor, nor does he play in ny like strahan. Do you think if Houston played in ny it would even be a conversation? Why don't you give him a couple of years to build his brand before making stupid, erroneous assumptions?

Eleazar
07-14-2015, 10:54 PM
He is very articulate and has a great personality. What are you talking about?

I don't get it either. He must not be thinking of Houston.

Eleazar
07-14-2015, 10:56 PM
From something more closely resembling an actual media source:

Chiefs, Justin Houston not at impasse or consensus, yet
Posted by Mike Florio on July 14, 2015, 6:38 PM EDT

With less than a day remaining for working out a long-term deal between teams and franchise-tagged players, the Chiefs and linebacker Justin Houston are working toward a possible deal.

Right now, a source with knowledge of the process pegs the chances of a deal at 50-50, not because it’s a coin-flip proposition but because it remains unknown whether those two circles on the Venn diagram will at least kiss.

Houston knows what he needs to swap out the $13.1 million guaranteed salary for 2015 and the promise of a 20-percent raise (more than $15.7 million) for 2016. The Chiefs know what they are willing to pay. At some point within the next 21 hours, the two sides will move toward whatever their bottom line is.

If the current gap can be bridged, a deal will be done. If not, Houston will be on the books for $13.1 million in 2015.

The question then becomes when will he show up? Unlike Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant, Houston has remained silent on the potential consequences of not getting a deal done before 4:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/14/chiefs-justin-houston-not-at-impasse-or-consensus-yet/

aturnis
07-14-2015, 11:01 PM

They have a very large a and very loyal fan base.

I'm in Iowa, guess how many Chiefs fans there are? Not many. Packers? Can't throw a rock...

aturnis
07-14-2015, 11:03 PM

Florio is the last person I'd trust when it comes to KC. Anything PFT actually.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 11:08 PM
Florio is the last person I'd trust when it comes to KC. Anything PFT actually.

Florio's site has become click bait.

He links and quotes stories written by legitimate journalists, then espouses his beliefs, ad nauseam, and claims them as his own.

I suppose it's legal, because he hasn't been sued, but he's become a gaseous windbag, on top of the fact he's a douchebag.

penbrook
07-14-2015, 11:33 PM

By saying 50 50 Florio is saying that the Chiefs may or may not sign Houston to a long term deal. Wow even I could of figured that out

ThaVirus
07-14-2015, 11:38 PM

What do you mean, no press?

ThaVirus
07-14-2015, 11:39 PM
They have a very large a and very loyal fan base.

I'm in Iowa, guess how many Chiefs fans there are? Not many. Packers? Can't throw a rock...

They have a large fan base because they're, historically and currently, a very good football team.

The Chiefs also have a large, loyal fan base. They don't get as much press because they're irrelevant. We fucking suck and have for a long time now.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 11:50 PM
What do you mean, no press?

There are no articles in the LA Times about the Packers. There are no interviews on TV or Radio with the Packers. There are no billboards around town (in a city that thrives on billboards everywhere, electronic and old school).

I rarely see articles in Sports Illustrated or CBS Sports about the Packers.

Nothing. Nada.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2015, 11:53 PM
The Chiefs also have a large, loyal fan base. They don't get as much press because they're irrelevant. We fucking suck and have for a long time now.

The Chiefs don't get any press outside of their region because their reach doesn't extend beyond their region.

They never became "America's Team". They haven't won multiple Super Bowls. They don't have charismatic, well speaking super stars that put themselves in the limelight. They don't have a fan base that wants guys like Michael Strahan or Warren Sapp or any number of outspoken athletes that gravitate towards the media.

In order to get press, you need to want press.

It's that simple.

aturnis
07-14-2015, 11:57 PM
They have a large fan base because they're, historically and currently, a very good football team.

That, and the fact that they have a state like Iowa where the majority picks one of three teams to follow. Packers clean up though.

Iowa is the worst for sports. Bears, Packers dominate with some Vikings thrown in. Then Cubs and Cardinals.

aturnis
07-14-2015, 11:59 PM
The Chiefs don't get any press outside of their region because their reach doesn't extend beyond their region.

They never became "America's Team". They haven't won multiple Super Bowls. They don't have charismatic, well speaking super stars that put themselves in the limelight. They don't have a fan base that wants guys like Michael Strahan or Warren Sapp or any number of outspoken athletes that gravitate towards the media.

In order to get press, you need to want press.

It's that simple.

That and KC's broadcast area sucks.

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2015, 12:03 AM
That and KC's broadcast area sucks.

The bottom line is that if players want press, the press it there for their taking. RGIII was doing Subway ads and others before he took a snap. Deion Sanders went to Atlanta (and escaped asap) and made national headlines.

"Big Personalities" end up in small markets and do well, all the time. Look at Bo Jackson back in the late 80's? Brian Bosworth in Seattle? Elway in Denver? The list is endless.

The bottom line is that in order to get the press, people need to want the press.

I you don't want it, it won't come.

Tribal Warfare
07-15-2015, 12:08 AM

State Farm loves them some B.J. Raji and Aaron Rodgers

07-15-2015, 12:10 AM
I'm still pissed the Chiefs didn't send him on the final play of the season last year. I wanted to see the record broken by a Chief.

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2015, 12:12 AM
State Farm loves them some B.J. Raji and Aaron Rodgers

With Aaron Rodgers dating Olivia Munn, one would expect massive media attention and commercial opportunities, yet he's stayed low profile.

I think that says more about him than it does the Packers or the media.

Tribal Warfare
07-15-2015, 12:17 AM
With Aaron Rodgers dating Olivia Munn, one would expect massive media attention and commercial opportunities, yet he's stayed low profile.

I think that says more about him than it does the Packers or the media.

Low profile and unassuming is a GB area resident's mentality. From what I heard he lives up there now, from what I heard at least ( Olivia Munn).

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2015, 12:25 AM
Low profile and unassuming is a GB area resident's mentality. From what I heard he lives up there now, from what I heard at least ( Olivia Munn).

This all ties back into Chiefs players and the franchise itself garnering little media coverage.

IMO, it's far better than than being represented each week on Ballers?

ThaVirus
07-15-2015, 12:28 AM
There are no articles in the LA Times about the Packers. There are no interviews on TV or Radio with the Packers. There are no billboards around town (in a city that thrives on billboards everywhere, electronic and old school).

I rarely see articles in Sports Illustrated or CBS Sports about the Packers.

Nothing. Nada.

Do you see articles in the LA Times, billboards and TV/talk radio of the Ravens and Steelers? Why would a team 1,500 miles away get local press? I'm not sure of your argument here.

If you watch ESPN, listen to any national sports talk radio, take a gander at any sports social media pages you're going to see a shit ton more Packers coverage than Chiefs coverage.

ThaVirus
07-15-2015, 12:31 AM
That, and the fact that they have a state like Iowa where the majority picks one of three teams to follow. Packers clean up though.

Iowa is the worst for sports. Bears, Packers dominate with some Vikings thrown in. Then Cubs and Cardinals.

Eh, idk. Iowa has a population of, like, 16.

I still think there's a reason most Iowanians (dafuq?) choose the Pack over a team like the Vikings.

ThaVirus
07-15-2015, 12:35 AM

They never became "America's Team". They haven't won multiple Super Bowls...

This is exactly what I'm saying. Why do you supposed the Cowboys became "America's team"? Do you think they'd have earned that title had they note dominated in the 90s? How about the Patriots now? Why do you suppose the Steelers "travel well"?

Our reach doesn't extend outside of our region because we fucking suck.

I'm not sure what else you were arguing in that post. We've had tons of charismatic, well-spoken stars over the years and they tend to get overlooked because we fucking suck. And every team wants press. They make tons of money off of it.

ThaVirus
07-15-2015, 12:37 AM
I wonder if any of you guys have ever left KC. Talk to anyone outside of the Midwest. NO ONE is checking for us.

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2015, 12:52 AM
I wonder if any of you guys have ever left KC. Talk to anyone outside of the Midwest. NO ONE is checking for us.
No one talked about Cleveland until LeBron

ThaVirus
07-15-2015, 12:54 AM
No one talked about Cleveland until LeBron

Having Lebron on your team makes you an automatic contender. Team sucks-> no one talks about them. Team becomes good-> everyone talks about them.

If Aaron Rodgers somehow became the Chiefs starting QB tomorrow, ESPN would be up our asses because we'd probably win the next 4 Super Bowls.

aturnis
07-15-2015, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I suppose you're right.

ThaVirus
07-15-2015, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I suppose you're right.

And it's nothing to be ashamed of or take offense to. If we win, we'll get our shine. It's that simple.

But as of now, we've got no playoff wins in over 20 years, something abysmal like 6 winning seasons of 15 this millennia, and no Super Bowl wins or even appearances in 4 or 5 decades.

Why should anyone care about us?

kysirsoze
07-15-2015, 01:07 AM
And it's nothing to be ashamed of or take offense to. If we win, we'll get our shine. It's that simple.

But as of now, we've got no playoff wins in over 20 years, something abysmal like 6 winning seasons of 15 this millennia, and no Super Bowl wins or even appearances in 4 or 5 decades.

Why should anyone care about us?

If we were in NY people would care, but it's not like it would be positive press. We'd have a constant media circus picking apart every team move. The only time I envy big markets is in sports where they have a clear advantage. In the NFL, I'm fine being a small market.

aturnis
07-15-2015, 01:30 AM
If we were in NY people would care, but it's not like it would be positive press. We'd have a constant media circus picking apart every team move. The only time I envy big markets is in sports where they have a clear advantage. In the NFL, I'm fine being a small market.

This is also true. I think he's basically saying it's up to the Chiefs to overcome the small market factor.

ThaVirus
07-15-2015, 01:33 AM
Yeah, there is SOME truth to the small market/East coast media bias.

BUT the Chiefs lack of national media coverage can mostly be attributed to being irrelevant for such a long time.

07-15-2015, 02:24 AM
Just remember, when Montana came here, everyone became a Chiefs fan.

TimBone
07-15-2015, 03:01 AM
Just remember, when Montana came here, everyone became a Chiefs fan.
This is very true. Anytime you do meet a Chiefs fan outside of the region, they will normally say, "I've been rooting for KC since Montana became a Chief."

Also, Virus is spot on with his recent posts. Steelers fans don't "travel well" as sportscasters like to call it. They have fans spread across the country because of their dominance in the 1970's. Bandwagoners all across the country jumped aboard that success wagon and became Steeler fans. Then those folks kids became Steeler fans because their parents were fans. Same thing with the Pack and the Cowboys. Each of those teams had a span of dominance, which resulted in fans of the team scattered across the country. I assume the same will be true of the Patriots in future years. Hell, I can name three or four of my buddies kids (who are now college age, but were kids when the pats were racking up SB's) that have absolutely no ties to the north east, but are big Patriot fans.

Tl;dr Virus is correct, sustained sucess leads to national attention from both fans and media.

aturnis
07-15-2015, 03:39 AM
This is very true. Anytime you do meet a Chiefs fan outside of the region, they will normally say, "I've been rooting for KC since Montana became a Chief."

Also, Virus is spot on with his recent posts. Steelers fans don't "travel well" as sportscasters like to call it. They have fans spread across the country because of their dominance in the 1970's. Bandwagoners all across the country jumped aboard that success wagon and became Steeler fans. Then those folks kids became Steeler fans because their parents were fans. Same thing with the Pack and the Cowboys. Each of those teams had a span of dominance, which resulted in fans of the team scattered across the country. I assume the same will be true of the Patriots in future years. Hell, I can name three or four of my buddies kids (who are now college age, but were kids when the pats were racking up SB's) that have absolutely no ties to the north east, but are big Patriot fans.

Tl;dr Virus is correct, sustained sucess leads to national attention from both fans and media.

Eh. I don't think people give enough credit to the notion that Midwesterners flee the Midwest.

Iowa fans travel well. They really do, but they also live everywhere, b/c they leave Iowa. B/c it's Iowa. There are Iowa Hawkeye sports bars all across the US. Cali, Phoenix, Omaha, Chicago, Florida etc etc. Places you'd never expect to see them. I can't say I've seen the same for the more prominent schools.

I would assume the same for Wisconsin.

07-15-2015, 03:42 AM
Eh. I don't think people give enough credit to the notion that Midwesterners flee the Midwest.

Iowa fans travel well. They really do, but they also live everywhere, b/c they leave Iowa. B/c it's Iowa. There are Iowa Hawkeye sports bars all across the US. Cali, Phoenix, Omaha, Chicago, Florida etc etc. Places you'd never expect to see them. I can't say I've seen the same for the more prominent schools.

I would assume the same for Wisconsin.Must be nice. I've tried and tried to get out of Kansas but this black hole kept sucking me back in.,

aturnis
07-15-2015, 03:47 AM
Must be nice. I've tried and tried to get out of Kansas but this black hole kept sucking me back in.,

Eh. I'm still here. Fiance came from a small family. Her, her brother and their mother. Fiercely tight. Can't get her to move.

Good news is all my friends are gone!

07-15-2015, 03:59 AM
Eh. I'm still here. Fiance came from a small family. Her, her brother and their mother. Fiercely tight. Can't get her to move.

Good news is all my friends are gone!

its funny because after Bugeater and I rode the trails in Des Moines, we both want to relocate the families there. LMAO

Rausch
07-15-2015, 06:13 AM
810 really is $3it.

Been listening for an hour now and not a mention of the Chiefs or Houston's contract...

07-15-2015, 06:14 AM
810 really is $3it.

Been listening for an hour now and not a mention of the Chiefs or Houston's contract...

This surprises you?

Rausch
07-15-2015, 06:29 AM
This surprises you?

Our only sports radio station here is ESPN and they don't know KC has a football team.

I have no choice but stream something over the 'puter...

ChiefGator
07-15-2015, 06:34 AM
I tuned into NFL Total Access last night, thinking surely they will have to talk about Houston. They essentially talked about him for about a minute. Saying he is the best defender that noone talks about. And then promptly switching back to the Cowboys.
The focus is nearly exclusively on east coast teams and the Cowboys. For the last four weeks, about half the shows were about Dez.

Lex Luthor
07-15-2015, 06:35 AM
Our only sports radio station here is ESPN and they don't know KC has a football team.

I have no choice but stream something over the 'puter...
I prefer 610 to 810. Bob Fesco can be annoying, but he's not nearly as annoying as Keitzman. Nobody is as annoying as Keitzman.

http://www.610sports.com/

Rausch
07-15-2015, 06:44 AM
I prefer 610 to 810. Bob Fesco can be annoying, but he's not nearly as annoying as Keitzman. Nobody is as annoying as Keitzman.

I can't get 610 to play on anything. Chrome, firefox, Safari, etc. Page loads and I never hear anything...

aturnis
07-15-2015, 07:06 AM
its funny because after Bugeater and I rode the trails in Des Moines, we both want to relocate the families there. LMAO

I know. We have lots of transplants from all over the world. I've come in contact with leads of them in my fault dealings. I always ask, "why Iowa"? They all seem to think it a pretty good place. I don't disagree entirely, but someone crave a little more culture.

What trails if I could ask?

aturnis
07-15-2015, 07:08 AM
I can't get 610 to play on anything. Chrome, firefox, Safari, etc. Page loads and I never hear anything...

Try their app on your phone or tablet?

aturnis
07-15-2015, 07:08 AM

This.

Rausch
07-15-2015, 07:10 AM
Try their app on your phone or tablet?

I don't have a phone or tablet.

I've been fighting to avoid upgrading my OS because I hate the look and don't want to dump my photoshop and other programs that are expensive to replace...

WhawhaWhat
07-15-2015, 07:12 AM
810 really is $3it.

What are they supposed to talk about? That the situation is in the exact same place it has been for months? HUGE BREAKING NEWS!!

notorious
07-15-2015, 07:15 AM
I see that Rausch has the same gut-feeling that I do.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2015, 07:16 AM
I see that Rausch has the same gut-feeling that I do.

Would that per chance be the queasy, "overpaid game-managing piece of shit, and will now lose generational OLB as a result"-feeling?

Rausch
07-15-2015, 07:21 AM
Would that per chance be the queasy, "overpaid game-managing piece of shit, and will now lose generational OLB as a result"-feeling?

KC isn't going to pay to have an NFL best talent.

They'll have a guy like Charles because he's a steal right now. Poe isn't getting crazy money.

We'd prefer to overpay middle of the road guys than ever have that one huge contract, no matter the talent level of the player. And I think the Chiefs are dumb enough to actually believe Ford gives them some kid of leverage...

notorious
07-15-2015, 07:21 AM

Nah, it's the "Why would an elite player want to stay in KC when other much-nicer cities and markets can pay him." feeling.

I like KC, but would an elite athlete with gobs of money want to live there? There are a select few. Just my line of thinking.

The Chiefs have more than enough money to pay him, it's just a matter of if they are willing to over-pay to keep him.

Rausch
07-15-2015, 07:27 AM
The Chiefs have more than enough money to pay him, it's just a matter of if they are willing to over-pay to keep him.

KC has to overpay to get a top talent. It just is what it is.

And someone will pay Houston. He's in the prime of his career and almost broke the NFL sack record while also being used in coverage - not an every down pass rusher.

The Chiefs have been getting a steal with Houston for years and now that he's earned his payday we still want him for less than he can make elsewhere. That's not going to happen...

Bugeater
07-15-2015, 07:35 AM
I know. We have lots of transplants from all over the world. I've come in contact with leads of them in my fault dealings. I always ask, "why Iowa"? They all seem to think it a pretty good place. I don't disagree entirely, but someone crave a little more culture.

What trails if I could ask?
We were up around Saylorville Lake and the downtown riverfront. Awesome area.

Tribal Warfare
07-15-2015, 07:37 AM

And someone will pay Houston. He's in the prime of his career and almost broke the NFL sack record while also being used in coverage - not an every down pass rusher.

The Chiefs have been getting a steal with Houston for years and now that he's earned his payday we still want him for less than he can make elsewhere. That's not going to happen...

As I said before, it's all about if Clark truly wants Houston as a "Chief for life"

aturnis
07-15-2015, 07:39 AM
We were up around Saylorville Lake and the downtown riverfront. Awesome area.

Ok, what kind of riding? I'm assuming cycling?

penbrook
07-15-2015, 07:41 AM
Per Jason Cole

Good news is #Chiefs and Justin Houston still talking. No sense of where this will end up by end of the day.

Bugeater
07-15-2015, 07:46 AM

Yes sir.

Rausch
07-15-2015, 07:48 AM
As I said before, it's all about if Clark truly wants Houston as a "Chief for life"

If they did they would have done it before last season and saved themselves a metric fuck-ton of money.

Looking at the teams we play this year I could realistically see him getting 14-18 sacks. His price will go up and he'll leave in the offseason.

This doesn't even speak to the fact he's played under a contract for years that far underpaid him. He did what he was asked and now that he's our best player and a FA we don't want to pay him what he's worth...

booger
07-15-2015, 07:50 AM

Bareback

aturnis
07-15-2015, 07:51 AM
Yes sir.

You two wouldn't be the first to reference the bike trails as one of the features of attraction.

I'm east near Cedar Rapids, but a local transplant from Minneapolis basically said the same thing.

Ever do Ragbrai? Good fun. Drunken goodness with exercise and fun.

Personally, I haven't gotten into cycling yet, but am looking to. Just recovering from ACL surgery after a soccer injury and need low impact exercise for the knee.

That and I've had a friend after me to get a bike for a couple years now. Spend the weekend riding bar to bar on trails getting exercise, sun and socializing? Why not?

aturnis
07-15-2015, 07:53 AM
Bareback

Not sure if this is a ghey sects joke or not. I'm gonna take it as one and laugh my bawls of though. Lol

LoneWolf
07-15-2015, 07:54 AM
If they did they would have done it before last season and saved themselves a metric fuck-ton of money.

Looking at the teams we play this year I could realistically see him getting 14-18 sacks. His price will go up and he'll leave in the offseason.

This doesn't even speak to the fact he's played under a contract for years that far underpaid him. He did what he was asked and now that he's our best player and a FA we don't want to pay him what he's worth...

Houston can't leave next season. KC can tag him again if it comes to that.

What makes you think KC doesn't want to pay him what he's worth?

booger
07-15-2015, 07:57 AM
Not sure if this is a ghey sects joke or not. I'm gonna take it as one and laugh my bawls of though. Lol

lol no he's not a butt pirate. I think he's married. Just yanking his chain!

Bugeater
You two wouldn't be the first to reference the bike trails as one of the features of attraction.

I'm east near Cedar Rapids, but a local transplant from Minneapolis basically said the same thing.

Ever do Ragbrai? Good fun. Drunken goodness with exercise and fun.

Personally, I haven't gotten into cycling yet, but am looking to. Just recovering from ACL surgery after a soccer injury and need low impact exercise for the knee.

That and I've had a friend after me to get a bike for a couple years now. Spend the weekend riding bar to bar on trails getting exercise, sun and socializing? Why not?

Going to do one day of it next Monday, Storm Lake to Ft Dodge. Never been on it before so it's going to be an adventure. I have a wonky knee as well so I hope I survive it.

O.city

Dude, it's Rausch. It is what it is.

aturnis
07-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Any advice on the aluminum horse?

chiefzilla1501
07-15-2015, 07:59 AM
This has nothing to do with if the chiefs are cheap or not. It has everything to do with if the chiefs want to put him on their cap.

As I've said before the chiefs are very vocal publicly that they want to keep him. They don't do that much. We know Houston wants a long term deal and probably hates the thought of playing under the tag. By all indication the Chiefs want him even knowing it will cost a lot. If the two sides are talking I think the deal will get done.

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:01 AM

They aren't paying him 120% of the tag from this year. That's pretty much what he's reportedly asking for. If they're going to do that they might as well sign him long term.

He's exactly the kind of player you lock up long term. Young, one of the best in the league, no character issues. He's the best player on our team AND next year we're in great cap shape.

It's not that we can't pay him what he wants or is worth it's that we don't want to...

booger
07-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Going to do one day of it next Monday, Storm Lake to Ft Dodge. Never been on it before so it's going to be an adventure. I have a wonky knee as well so I hope I survive it.

If you wear huskers gear they'll beat u with a bag of corn cobs up in that part of the state!

MotherfuckerJones
07-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Just get this shit done Dorsey.

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:03 AM
Dude, it's Rausch. It is what it is.

How often are players tagged two years in a row genius?...

Bugeater
07-15-2015, 08:04 AM
Any advice on the aluminum horse?

Depends on what type of riding you want to do, I'm partial to Trek because I think they give you the most bang for the buck. Hybrids are the most versatile and can be ridden on pretty much any surface. I currently have cyclocross which is versatile as well but a little more expensive than a hybrid.

Man we are waaayyy off topic. LMAO

O.city
07-15-2015, 08:05 AM
Literally every media guy us reporting the chiefs are making a big offer to houston, the two sides are talking and in town today.

So I'm not really sure where you're coming from Rausch but it's kind of the norm so again, it is what it is

LoneWolf
07-15-2015, 08:05 AM

How often do teams use the tag one year and then just let the player walk without compensation the next year?

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:06 AM
How often do teams use the tag one year and then just let the player walk without compensation the next year?

Is your memory really that bad?...

Bugeater
07-15-2015, 08:07 AM
If you wear huskers gear they'll beat u with a bag of corn cobs up in that part of the state!
I'm more worried about someone going deliverance on my ass.

LoneWolf
They aren't paying him 120% of the tag from this year. That's pretty much what he's reportedly asking for. If they're going to do that they might as well sign him long term.

He's exactly the kind of player you lock up long term. Young, one of the best in the league, no character issues. He's the best player on our team AND next year we're in great cap shape.

It's not that we can't pay him what he wants or is worth it's that we don't want to...

Again, what makes you think they don't want to pay Houston what he's worth?

Dunerdr
I bet they offer a medium-high contract that's manageable with the deadline. And let him have only hours to think about a full season of possible injuries that can hurt next years offer. No one goes in at the last minute and makes the best offer possible. That's not how it works.

LoneWolf
Is your memory really that bad?...

Enlighten me.

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:12 AM
So I'm not really sure where you're coming from Rausch but it's kind of the norm so again, it is what it is

I don't think I've been unclear.

And I can't help it you only remember when I say something negative about the team. If you want to be one of many here who only see black and white you're free to do so...

aturnis
07-15-2015, 08:12 AM
Enlighten me.

Brandon Albert

MGM
07-15-2015, 08:14 AM

That would be worthless if his pass rushing skills were mediocre. Oh, wait... they're actually not mediocre at all. They're 22 MOTHER****ING SACKS

OK, you are misunderstanding me dude.

First, I think Houston is the best 3-4 OLB in the game period. I believe he should be the highest paid LB in the game. I am fine with him making in the $14-15 Million per year range. He's good against the run and the pass. I just think some people make him out to be the next Derrick Brooks or something as far as his coverage skills go.

Second, all of that stuff I posted was in terms of his contract. To Justin, his coverage ability has nothing to do with what he wants in terms of a contract. He wants to be paid like a DE. He wants to paid as a "pass rusher" and not a LB. They make more money and aren't paid for coverage skills. That's why I keep saying his pass coverage skills are really irrelevant in this conversation. I think it's obvious Dorsey wants to make him the highest paid LB because he is the total package.

I don't remember talking about "complete game changing players." That must have been someone else. I think Houston is a complete game changing player. There is no doubt. However, I argue that he isn't like JJ Watt. JJ is special man. He's a 3-4 DE who wreaks havoc in the backfield, changes games, and gets pick sixes. There is really no one who he compares to. The closest are Richard Seymour and Bruce Smith but, at this point he looks better.

Hope that clears things up. Thanks for being patient.

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:14 AM
Enlighten me.

Brandon Albert?...

milkman
07-15-2015, 08:16 AM
Enlighten me.

I'm guessing that he's alluding to Albert.

It was pretty clear in that case that they never had any long term plans at attempting to keep him.

LoneWolf
07-15-2015, 08:16 AM
Brandon Albert

Miami overpaid for an often injured slightly above average left tackle. The Chiefs made the right decision in letting Albert go. I'll bet Miami wishes Albert was still in KC.

milkman
07-15-2015, 08:18 AM
Brandon Albert?...

Albert was almost certainly never a part of their long term plans.

Houston is.

LoneWolf
07-15-2015, 08:19 AM

It was pretty clear in that case that they never had any long term plans at attempting to keep him.

I agree. The Albert situation had nothing to do with KC's reluctance to pay top dollar for players. It had more to do with their correct assessment that he isn't one of the best LTs in the game and didn't deserve to be paid like one.

MGM
07-15-2015, 08:20 AM

Not in my mind... It is a fact. It's exactly why Suh who is a DT makes more than Watt. The position is everything in Houston's contract. It is the hold up. He wants to be paid like a d-linemen because he puts up elite d-linemen numbers. He wants to be paid as a "pass rusher." Dorsey and most of the rest of the league's businessmen probably don't want to go down that road because he's a linebacker and LBers make significantly less.

See where I am coming from?

Clay Mathews got 5 years $66 million with $20.5 million guaranteed. I think he deserves 6 years $75 million with $50 million guaranteed. That would be a very generous contract for a LBer. It would make him the highest paid in the league by a lot.

ILChief
07-15-2015, 08:20 AM
Houston just had one of the best seasons in NFL history and is a potential hall of fame player. Albert is an above average left tackle. They are in no way comparable

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:21 AM
Miami overpaid for an often injured slightly above average left tackle. The Chiefs made the right decision in letting Albert go. I'll bet Miami wishes Albert was still in KC.

That's not the point. The point is our team and the same GM has done exactly what you tried to say was uncommon.

The biggest difference between the two situations is that Houston is a much better player and the Chiefs are looking at being in much better cap position the next few years...

aturnis
07-15-2015, 08:23 AM
Absolutely. That is a fact. It's exactly why Suh who is a DT makes more than Watt. The position is everything in Houston's contract. It is the hold up. He wants to be paid like a d-linemen because he puts up elite d-linemen numbers. He wants to be paid as a "pass rusher." Dorsey and most of the rest of the league's businessmen probably don't want to go down that road because he's a linebacker and LBers make significantly less.

See where I am coming from?

I know what you're saying. I'm saying a sack is a sack is a sack.

Not only did Houston provide them, but he provided so many while dropping into coverage 25% of the time. That equates to less pass rush attempts, meaning more productivity.

He's all that, and a bag of chips.

ILChief
07-15-2015, 08:23 AM
Jason Avant can't be the most over rated Chief ever. That honor belongs to Branden Albert

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:24 AM
Houston just had one of the best seasons in NFL history and is a potential hall of fame player. Albert is an above average left tackle. They are in no way comparable

In no way?

It's a very similar situation. We have a player we tagged who wants big money. We have his possible replacement on roster and the team feels they have some leverage. We have tried and failed to reach an agreement to this point.

MGM
07-15-2015, 08:25 AM
I know what you're saying. I'm saying a sack is a sack is a sack.

Not only did Houston provide them, but he provided so many while dropping into coverage 25% of the time. That equates to less pass rush attempts, meaning more productivity.

He's all that, and a bag of chips.

He is man but, the fact is that doesn't matter.

Look at Ed Reed. He was amazing back there at safety. He got a ton of picks. He never got shut down corner back money. Why? Because he played safety and not corner. His impact on the game was every bit as influential as a shut down corner if not more.

A pick isn't a pick and a sack isn't a sack. It's about position.

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:25 AM
Jason Avant can't be the most over rated Chief ever. That honor belongs to Branden Albert

Completely ignore that I'm comparing contract situations and the negotiations, not the player...

chiefzilla1501
07-15-2015, 08:26 AM

Yup. In fact that hey tried to trade him the year before. And you never had Clark hunt make a public statement that they really want to keep him. The only other guy I remember Clark doing that with in the Dorsey Era was Alex Smith. And they got that deal done.

ILChief
07-15-2015, 08:27 AM
In no way?

It's a very similar situation. We have a player we tagged who wants big money. We have his possible replacement on roster and the team feels they have some leverage. We have tried and failed to reach an agreement to this point.

A. Houston is worth it and Albert isn't
B. Hali is reaching the end so we don't really have a replacement. Ford is Hali's replacement, not Houston's

ILChief
07-15-2015, 08:28 AM
Completely ignore that I'm comparing contract situations and the negotiations, not the player...

The player makes the situation.

milkman
07-15-2015, 08:29 AM
In no way?

No, they are in no way comparable.

They tagged Albert as a stop gap measure, and never really negotiated to keep him long term.
They drafted Fisher with a clear plan to move him to LT after Albert walked.

Houston is clearly a part of their long term plans, and they are negotiating as we speak.
They drafted Ford to replace Hali.

MGM
07-15-2015, 08:30 AM
I wish we had kept Albert over Bowe back then.

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:31 AM
A. Houston is worth it and Albert isn't
B. Hali is reaching the end so we don't really have a replacement. Ford is Hali's replacement, not Houston's

I agree with both. Hell, I'm not even comfortable with Ford as Hali's replacement but it is what it is.

It's no secret the Chiefs feel like they have some leverage because they at least have a candidate to replace him in Ford...

DJ's left nut
07-15-2015, 08:31 AM

Maybe on the open market, but in the end virtually every team is in the same boat on the open market. Sometimes they'll have a QB that draws talent to their squad. Sometimes they'll have a coach that people want to play for or a recent run of success.

But at least 2/3 of the teams in the NFL are similarly situated in the FA market. Pure market size doesn't mean as much as it used to now that the NFL has become such a national monolith. The NFL is 'the shield' now; it's not a regional game. If you're a star, you're a star and it's regardless of where you play. Peyton Manning became a national icon from Indianapolis.

In the open market, you're fighting uphill. The way teams succeed is to simply keep guys off the open market and that's the benefit of the franchise tag. Sure, Houston could go to a 'nicer city' and get paid....in 2 more years. 2 years is an eternity in this league. 2 years ago Justin Houston was just a nice OLB prospect with a 10 sack season in his first full year as a starter. He was...what...Alex Okafor? Junior Galette? That's how fast the landscape changes in this league.

2 years is a looooong time to wait to set yourself up for life. So yeah, Houston could choose to pass on the long-term security, play for 2 years under the tag and then go chasing money in a major market. But he won't. If the Chiefs offer him anywhere close to what he'd get on the open market, he'll take it.

chiefzilla1501
07-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Dorsey won't want to tag him two years in a row. If you're going to keep a guy long term, that move doesn't make any sense. It creates no cap flexibility and the team will want to get his contract off the books cap wise quickly.

aturnis
07-15-2015, 08:35 AM

Look at Ed Reed. He was amazing back there at safety. He got a ton of picks. He never got shut down corner back money. Why? Because he played safety and not corner. His impact on the game was every bit as influential as a shut down corner if not more.

A shutdown corner can shutdown an entire side of the field. In no way are corner/safety, DE/OLB similar.

Houston has more sacks over the past two seasons, 24 fee tackles, 8 fewer passes defensed, and one fewer INT, in 5 fewer games.

booger
07-15-2015, 08:37 AM
I'm more worried about someone going deliverance on my ass.

Storm lake you got the Laotian maffia to worry about. Fort Dodge stay away from the flats. Otherwise meth is popular there. Little towns in between have nice folks. Stay out of the corn fields no matter what! Just tell them you better recognize, I know booger from cp if u get caught in any tough spots. Plus wear a condom while riding. Bird flu in the counties up there on some of the chicken and turkey farms. Don't do nothing I wouldn't do you'll be fine

Rausch
Dorsey won't want to tag him two years in a row. If you're going to keep a guy long term, that move doesn't make any sense. It creates no cap flexibility and the team will want to get his contract off the books cap wise quickly.

Exactly what I'm saying. There's either a long term deal or he's gone after this year.

milkman
I agree with both. Hell, I'm not even comfortable with Ford as Hali's replacement but it is what it is.

It's no secret the Chiefs feel like they have some leverage because they at least have a candidate to replace him in Ford...

I don't think the Chiefs see Ford as any kind of viable replacement for Houston.

Houston's ability to set the edge against the run is highly undervalued by fans, IMO, but GMs and coaches recognize that value.

Ford is not someone you can line up on the left side and expect to even come close to Houston's productivity and versatility.

MGM
07-15-2015, 08:38 AM

No, it probably won't happen. Dorsey's business contract plan here is pretty easy to speculate about. He is offering him a contract that would make him the highest paid linebacker right now. He probably won't take it because he wants to paid like a d-linemen. Dorsey is making a good educated guess that he won't have the numbers he had last year and will offer the same contract next March. He bets Houston will see the light and take the deal.

I think Dorsey will meet him in the middle. I mean if he really wants $50 million guaranteed he will get that. It just won't be a $100 million dollar contract. It will be $70-80 million with $50 million guaranteed.

There is no reason for Dorsey to give him Watt money right now. No GM would do that right now. Those kind of deals get done in March.

thabear04
07-15-2015, 08:39 AM

Why so we can have Branden Albert for a few games so he can get hurt.

Red Dawg
07-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Houston will sign if he wants to be here. No doubt he has been offered probably 50 mil guranteed or close to it. If he declines it to make an attempt at FA next year he will get less because he will not have another 22 sack year.

I will say it again. KC will not tag him again so this is it. If he wants to stay he will take the huge pile of cash and stay. It's a big contract and I hope he wants it but he may want to play elsewhere for less money.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2015, 08:40 AM

Houston's good enough that any contract that creates 'cap flexibility' will be a mistake, IMO.

This isn't a situation where a tagging a guy gives him an inflated figure in year 1 like it does with some QBs. No, Justin Houston's fair market AAV is probably in the $16 million range. If you try to put a $9 million cap hit in year 1 and an $11 million cap hit in year two, you're going to have to have done so via a severely backloaded salary structure. So in year 3 when you're looking at trying to get Poe and Kelce re-signed (maybe Fisher) and Maclin's contract has gone up, you're now going to have to pay the piper for the money you saved in years 1 and 2.

So let's say you've gone with a 6 yr deal with a $48 million signing bonus for simple math. If you want to get year 1 at a $9 million figure, you're giving him a $1 million salary and then $3 million in year 2. Figuring that 6/$96 million would be his FMV (and that's probably low), you now have to give him $42 million in salary over the next 4 years. I'm thinking the $18-22 million cap charges in 17-20 don't sound like a lot of fun to deal with.

This deal shouldn't be backloaded. It will severely hamstring the team's financial standing going forward. If you're not looking to backload a long-term deal, well then you're really not losing anything by simply tagging him 2 years either.

MGM
07-15-2015, 08:43 AM
A shutdown corner can shutdown an entire side of the field. In no way are corner/safety, DE/OLB similar.

Houston has more sacks over the past two seasons, 24 fee tackles, 8 fewer passes defensed, and one fewer INT, in 5 fewer games.

Ok, we see it differently. The same thing happened when Jimmy Graham wanted to be paid like a wide receiver. The same thing happened to Terrell Suggs a few years ago. Both players argued they played "hybrid" type positions.

I am just telling you the reality of the situation. I have tried to explain it the best I can. This has everything to do with position and not production. That is the hold up.

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:43 AM
Maybe on the open market, but in the end virtually every team is in the same boat on the open market. Sometimes they'll have a QB that draws talent to their squad. Sometimes they'll have a coach that people want to play for or a recent run of success.

But at least 2/3 of the teams in the NFL are similarly situated in the FA market. Pure market size doesn't mean as much as it used to now that the NFL has become such a national monolith. The NFL is 'the shield' now; it's not a regional game. If you're a star, you're a star and it's regardless of where you play. Peyton Manning became a national icon from Indianapolis.

In the open market, you're fighting uphill. The way teams succeed is to simply keep guys off the open market and that's the benefit of the franchise tag. Sure, Houston could go to a 'nicer city' and get paid....in 2 more years. 2 years is an eternity in this league. 2 years ago Justin Houston was just a nice OLB prospect with a 10 sack season in his first full year as a starter. He was...what...Alex Okafor? Junior Galette? That's how fast the landscape changes in this league.

2 years is a looooong time to wait to set yourself up for life. So yeah, Houston could choose to pass on the long-term security, play for 2 years under the tag and then go chasing money in a major market. But he won't. If the Chiefs offer him anywhere close to what he'd get on the open market, he'll take it.

He's not going to get tagged and play under it two years in a row. I don't know why people think this. The only reason we'd tag him a second year is to try and trade him and get something in return. He won't play a 2nd year under the tag.

And it's not about market size - it's about the franchise. Not only has this team not been in a SB it hasn't even won a single playoff game in over 20 years. On top of that there are teams in states that don't pay state income tax. That may seem small but it's a lot of money when you make millions. On top of this we're talking about a player who feels like he's been underpaid and frankly is a little pissed he's not getting what he thinks he deserves.

Eleazar
07-15-2015, 08:44 AM

Why? At least Bowe was nice enough to get busted for drugs and let us out of his contract.

O.city
07-15-2015, 08:44 AM
The total money is basically eye candy these days.

MGM
07-15-2015, 08:46 AM
Why so we can have Branden Albert for a few games so he can get hurt.

Yes, we would have got more for our money and wouldn't have had to blow a gasket every Sunday over the dropped passes. I would rarely notice Albert.

thabear04
07-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Houston will sign if he wants to be here. No doubt he has been offered probably 50 mil guranteed or close to it. If he declines it to make an attempt at FA next year he will get less because he will not have another 22 sack year.

I will say it again. KC will not tag him again so this is it. If he wants to stay he will take the huge pile of cash and stay. It's a big contract and I hope he wants it but he may want to play elsewhere for less money.

I don't think KC can tag him again. Can you tag a player 3 times or is 2 the limit.

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:48 AM

He won't get less because he doesn't repeat 22 sacks. If he gets 16 next year that's still possibly enough to lead the league. With our schedule it's a realistic number.

He'd be the best pass rusher on the market next offseason and still in his prime. His value won't go down if he stays healthy and remains a top pass rusher...

Rausch
07-15-2015, 08:49 AM
Why? At least Bowe was nice enough to get busted for drugs and let us out of his contract.

True.

First time smoking dope has been a team-friendly move...:evil:

DJ's left nut
07-15-2015, 08:50 AM
He's not going to get tagged and play under it two years in a row. I don't know why people think this. The only reason we'd tag him a second year is to try and trade him and get something in return. He won't play a 2nd year under the tag.

And it's not about market size - it's about the franchise. Not only has this team not been in a SB it hasn't even won a single playoff game in over 20 years. On top of that there are teams in states that don't pay state income tax. That may seem small but it's a lot of money when you make millions. On top of this we're talking about a player who feels like he's been underpaid and frankly is a little pissed he's not getting what he thinks he deserves.

Yes he will. He's not going to sit out and forego $15 million. If nothing else, the fact that he'd simply lose $15 million would factor into his calculus on whether or not he'd want to sign long-term with the Chiefs next season.

Dee Ford isn't leverage. The franchise tag absolutely is. No, it's not common that guys get tagged twice but it's also not common that teams let guys like Justin Houston just walk away.

And yes, there are income tax considerations that aren't insignificant, but A) Only half the games are taxed at your home state rate (because oddly, taxes are figured based on where earned and the IRS has decided that it's earned in the stadium where played) so it's half as important as it seems at first blush and B) Property taxes and sales taxes in the states that don't have state income taxes are enormous. What they save in state income taxes, they give right back in property and sales taxes. I suspect they are told this by their agents. If they live there full time and pay inflated property/sales taxes, but only get a 1/2 income tax benefit due to the home/road game thing, they are actually hurt by the tax treatment.

Again, the Chiefs aren't situated differently than the VAST majority of teams in this league. If they offer him anything close to market, he'll sign.

MGM
07-15-2015, 08:51 AM
I don't think KC can tag him again. Can you tag a player 3 times or is 2 the limit.

You can tag them three times but, the third time is calculated as if you were applying the tag to a QB. It is really fucking expensive the third time.

chiefzilla1501
07-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Houston's good enough that any contract that creates 'cap flexibility' will be a mistake, IMO.

This isn't a situation where a tagging a guy gives him an inflated figure in year 1 like it does with some QBs. No, Justin Houston's fair market AAV is probably in the $16 million range. If you try to put a $9 million cap hit in year 1 and an $11 million cap hit in year two, you're going to have to have done so via a severely backloaded salary structure. So in year 3 when you're looking at trying to get Poe and Kelce re-signed (maybe Fisher) and Maclin's contract has gone up, you're now going to have to pay the piper for the money you saved in years 1 and 2.

So let's say you've gone with a 6 yr deal with a $48 million signing bonus for simple math. If you want to get year 1 at a $9 million figure, you're giving him a $1 million salary and then $3 million in year 2. Figuring that 6/$96 million would be his FMV (and that's probably low), you now have to give him $42 million in salary over the next 4 years. I'm thinking the $18-22 million cap charges in 17-20 don't sound like a lot of fun to deal with.

This deal shouldn't be backloaded. It will severely hamstring the team's financial standing going forward. If you're not looking to backload a long-term deal, well then you're really not losing anything by simply tagging him 2 years either.
If the chiefs structure the contract like jj watts they can backload the contract with mega base salaries in the final years just so Houston can have bragging rights that his contract was jj watt money. The chiefs only have flexibility to do that kind of backload magic if they sign him to max years. And a max years contract makes less and less sense with each year he gets older.

In my opinion, the number one objective should be to get him signed long term to a contract that gets him off the cap books as quickly as possible. But still has plenty of flexibility to wiggle in certain years. For example, a year 3 roster bonus that you can restructure into signing bonus. The chiefs can do both.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2015, 08:52 AM
The total money is basically eye candy these days.

It is, but if you're interested in cost certainty and you're dealing with a guy who's still so young that this contract could take him through his entire prime, coming up with a contract that you could actually keep him playing under without having to rip it up every 2 years is just a smart practice.

chiefzilla1501
07-15-2015, 08:57 AM
No, it probably won't happen. Dorsey's business contract plan here is pretty easy to speculate about. He is offering him a contract that would make him the highest paid linebacker right now. He probably won't take it because he wants to paid like a d-linemen. Dorsey is making a good educated guess that he won't have the numbers he had last year and will offer the same contract next March. He bets Houston will see the light and take the deal.

I think Dorsey will meet him in the middle. I mean if he really wants $50 million guaranteed he will get that. It just won't be a $100 million dollar contract. It will be $70-80 million with $50 million guaranteed.

There is no reason for Dorsey to give him Watt money right now. No GM would do that right now. Those kind of deals get done in March.
If the two sides are still talking, the chiefs are offering more than olb money.

Sully
07-15-2015, 09:00 AM

Dumb.