PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith was not the problem Sunday, sorry haters.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

NJChiefsFan
11-30-2016, 10:08 PM
Kniles fumble was a pretty big thing though and if that ball was an inch closer Tamba ties it on a pick 6. A crippled Chief team gave a Pats team with all their studs everything they could handle in Fixboro

Those factors absolutely contributed. My biggest disappointment from that game was that I didn't think we went in playing to win the game. I mean obviously we literally did try to win. But we seemed to be just tiptoeing around the whole time. I think we could have overcome the factors you listed if we had come in with a different attitude.

We are going to be injured in all likelihood unless our luck does a 180. If you take a look at teams that have beaten NE in the playoffs or played them tough in general, you have BAL and NYJ. They aren't afraid of NE. They go in with an attitude and confidence.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2016, 10:11 PM
I have one question, do you guys really think we can win a Super Bowl with Smith aa our qb?

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/dc/dcd52fc19e5f986f8097f8e9e38c4dca4f4ff2c5036c43e5d89ac9cc6a5952be.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
11-30-2016, 10:11 PM
I agree. Gotta hit goldenboy (even if you gotta take a Denver style cheapshot)

Brady was perfect and it still was a dogfight.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-30-2016, 11:21 PM
If this were true, then Andy Reid must be the dumbest mofo in pro sports.. and Dorsey, the dumbest mofo of a GM... which means KC is screwed anyway.

So, not much of a limb to climb out on to say... your assessment is what actually sucks.

I don't think Smith is great or is playing as well as he should be this season... but to say he sucks is a clear and incredible exaggeration.

It seems you are mistaken on the Alex Smith State of the Union, so it's time to dispense with any pleasant myths, and provide you and others the 100% clarity you so desperately need in your lives.

Let us begin:

Andy Reid's greatest strength and contribution to the Kansas City Chiefs is his role as the inspirational, galvanizing glue that through sheer will and experience can make 53 men buy fully-in to whatever it is he is trying to sell.

Sometimes, the items up for sale are very worthy of the buy-in( inspirational talks, work ethic accountability, and personal coaching etc.), and Chiefs fans should be very proud of Andy in these particular arenas of the profession; he excels here.

In other cases, some items that come to the marketplace table( the entire offensive playbook/"50 ways to screen your lover", the decision to not only USE such a lifeless, unimaginative playbook, but to also act as Offensive Coordinator for this glorified, Costco-sized roll of Charmin' ass tissue COMBINED with a brand of clock "management" that could best be described as "Dollar Tree wristwatch-meets CPST), leave many a football fan with the same, 100% accurate assessment of Andy Reid:

Be the 5 Star Field and Locker Room General you were born to be. Ditch the clipboard, relinquish the headset, and simply be the Grand Overseer of the days events. Is Eric Fisher having a "sad panda"-moment during a critical drive? Your primary reason for exiting at that point is to march over to Fisher, read the situation, and provide the correct stimulus necessary to remove that young mans head from his ass. Why? Because that is what you do and Carly, "nobody does it better".
Work with an O-Coord above your pedigree the same way Marty worked with Bill Cowher on the defensive side of the ball.( There are some excellent films of Bill and Marty working together on the sideline while Marty's main focus resides on keeping the players focused, coached-up, and moving at a tempo that is tied-in to an overall game plan based on moving both offense and defense at particular intervals.

He already has this relationship with the D-Coord and a man who is clearly his superior in the realm of talent acquisition, so stop the diddling and COMPLETE THE TRI-FECTA! :)

John Dorsey dumb? Only in your fevered mind. Let us fact this bitch up:

1) John Dorsey neither "selected" nor "extended" Alex Smith. Andy hitched his cheese-encrusted heart-wagon to an old "draft flame" from days gone by, a QB whom he felt had the brain power necessary to memorize 5001 screen passes and their subtly hued off-shoots of 3 to 7 yard, Hawking-level brilliance.

These are the realities of the Dorsey-Reid-Smith connection.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2016, 11:35 PM
“I’ve said this since the day I got here, the guy is the most professional and the guy I want running my team. He’s the guy I want behind the center making the calls and distributing the ball because he’s going to take care of it and put the ball where it needs to be. He’s a competitor and the list goes on.

“Everybody can say what they want about him, but here in Kansas City we know what we’ve got—we’ve got a championship-caliber quarterback and that’s where we’re headed.”

-- Travis Kelce

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2016, 11:39 PM
“I would say sometimes there are things that don’t show up on the stat sheet and you have to find it to say – man this guy is playing at a high level,” Quinn explained of scouting Smith. “It’s the decision-making, it’s creating a scramble to go for a first down and it’s putting the ball in the correct spot. When I watch him play we are all so impressed by his ability to make the right decision, against the right coverage.

“That’s a real thing and not everybody has that awareness and you have to have experience to do that and he does. I recognize that some people measure everything only on stats, but that eight-win stat is pretty strong too. We’re a believer in him and what he’s capable of doing and how he is a big part of their offense

-- Atlanta Falcons head coach Dan Quinn

RobBlake
12-01-2016, 03:11 AM
I agree with Quinn as far as Alex being able to dictate what the opposin defense is trying to do on the fly.. but what keeps Alex from being a rodgers or brady is not capitalizing on it during the course of a game.

mcaj22
12-01-2016, 04:27 AM
every opponent coach's evaluation of him is this "invisible stats" excuse. It's really a passive aggressive compliment. It's a nice way of saying "He doesn't really do anything, and because of that, he can beat teams that screw up, but he can't beat teams that don't."

BigCatDaddy
12-01-2016, 07:04 AM
every opponent coach's evaluation of him is this "invisible stats" excuse. It's really a passive aggressive compliment. It's a nice way of saying "He doesn't really do anything, and because of that, he can beat teams that screw up, but he can't beat teams that don't."

Martyball 101

rico
12-01-2016, 07:38 AM
For once, I want there to be an era of Chiefs football where there are no "questions" and no need for debates about the QB...everyone just knows he is not the problem.

Maybe someday...

BigCatDaddy
12-01-2016, 07:41 AM
For once, I want there to be an era of Chiefs football where there are no "questions" and no need for debates about the QB...everyone just knows he is not the problem.

Maybe someday...

Last time was Green. It was pretty much accepted he was a top 5 to 10 QB that lead one of the top offenses in football.

MahiMike
12-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Where is dick vermeil when you need him?

Eleazar
12-01-2016, 08:35 AM

Maybe someday...

Well, there are only 4 or 5 QBs in the league that are good enough now. The NFL has engineered the entire sport to be a measure of how good a starting QB you have

rico
12-01-2016, 08:42 AM
Last time was Green. It was pretty much accepted he was a top 5 to 10 QB that lead one of the top offenses in football.

Yep, I agree.

BigCatDaddy
12-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Well, there are only 4 or 5 QBs in the league that are good enough now. The NFL has engineered the entire sport to be a measure of how good a starting QB you have

There are a lot more teams than with a fanbase that isnt begging for a new QB.
Brady
Luck
Mariota
Winston
Newton
Ryan
Brees
Carr
Rivers
Wilson
Prescott
Cousins
Manning
Ben
Just off the top of my head.

threebag
12-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Those teams less a few have bitches complaining also. Just like here its not the fan base. It's the fair weather fan crying, which is worse than a bandwagon fan IMO

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 09:57 AM
Those teams less a few have bitches complaining also. Just like here its not the fan base. It's the fair weather fan crying, which is worse than a bandwagon fan IMO

CP is unbelievably fair weather. You look at last year and this year, any lookers from the outside would think it's pathetic

BigCatDaddy
12-01-2016, 10:01 AM

Nah. They just have better QBs.

PAChiefsGuy
12-01-2016, 10:01 AM

Agreed which explains why the Broncos won the SB last year with a QB who threw 9 TDs 19 INTs during the regular season.

Stop it with this QB is all that matters crap. Football is a team game. Always has been and always will be. No one player wins by himself, ask any QB, GM, coach in the league and they'll say the same thing.

How many SBs did Dan Marino win?

Red Dawg
12-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Alex has his moments. He has been nails in some games in particular certain moments but far to many the film break down show he's very conservative and inconsistent with scoring TD's and misses wide open receiver's too much.

His best asset is leadership and he doesn't throw int's much. In today's NFL those are still good traits to have but scoring is more important in my book the way games are played.

His scoring issue has really came to light this season because our running game has gone down hill. We don't run the ball like we should and that puts more on him to throw td's, of which he doesn't do much of.

BigCatDaddy
12-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Agreed which explains why the Broncos won the SB last year with a QB who threw 9 TDs 19 INTs during the regular season.

Stop it with this QB is all that matters crap. Football is a team game. Always has been and always will be. No one player wins by himself, ask any QB, GM, coach in the league and they'll say the same thing.

How many SBs did Dan Marino win?

Ever looked at the salary scale by position? Teams check books tells a different story.

O.city
12-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Ever looked at the salary scale by position? Teams check books tells a different story.

Well, it's all about super bowl wins, correct?

How many ha e been win with a qb making the big max deal?

threebag
12-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Alex has his moments. He has been nails in some games in particular certain moments but far to many the film break down show he's very conservative and inconsistent with scoring TD's and misses wide open receiver's too much.

His best asset is leadership and he doesn't throw int's much. In today's NFL those are still good traits to have but scoring is more important in my book the way games are played.

His scoring issue has really came to light this season because our running game has gone down hill. We don't run the ball like we should and that puts more on him to throw td's, of which he doesn't do much of.

I hear some voice of reason. The running game is the arrow in the heel so to speak. If the team gets healthy and the O can get it firing on a few more cylinders it would at least give a few more a "warm fuzzy".

RunKC
12-01-2016, 10:21 AM

There's only like 4 difference making QB's in the league.

O.city
12-01-2016, 10:25 AM
There's only like 4 difference making QB's in the league.

There isn't the big hall of famer like there once was, but qb play is still good.

BigCatDaddy
12-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Well, it's all about super bowl wins, correct?

How many ha e been win with a qb making the big max deal?
So you are against signing the best QB in the league if it requires a max deal?

Obviously the smart play is to draft a guy while he's cheap and build around him if he turns out to be good.

The Franchise
12-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Who needs a QB:

Steelers - No
Browns - Yes
Bengals - No
Ravens - Maybe

Titans - No
Texans - No (contract)
Colts - No
Jags - Maybe but I'm going to go with No

Broncos - No
Chargers - No
Raiders - No
Chiefs - Maybe but we're not talking about them right now.

Patriots - No
Bills - Maybe
Jets - Yes
Dolphins - Tannehill has been playing better as of late....so I'll go no.

Cowboys - No
Giants - Maybe
Eagles - No
Redskins - Yes (although they could always just give Cousins a contract)

Falcons - No
Saints - No
Bucs - No
Panthers - No

Seahawks - No
Cardinals - Yes
49ers - Yes
Rams - No

Vikings - Maybe
Packers - No
Lions - No
Bears - Yes

So that's 6 teams who absolutely need one and 6 teams who might need to start looking at one.

mcaj22
12-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Who needs a QB:

Steelers - No
Browns - Yes
Bengals - No
Ravens - Maybe

Titans - No
Texans - No (contract)
Colts - No

Broncos - No
Chargers - No
Raiders - No

Patriots - No
Bills - Maybe
Jets - Yes

Cowboys - No
Giants - Maybe
Eagles - No

Falcons - No
Saints - No
Bucs - No
Panthers - No

Seahawks - No
Cardinals - Yes
49ers - Yes
Rams - No

Vikings - Maybe
Packers - No
Lions - No
Bears - Yes

So that's 6 teams who absolutely need one and 6 teams who might need to start looking at one.

Tannehill leads the NFL in most explosive plays (over 20 yards) lol

threebag
12-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Who needs a QB:

Steelers - No
Browns - Yes
Bengals - No
Ravens - Maybe

Titans - No
Texans - No (contract)
Colts - No

Broncos - No
Chargers - No
Raiders - No

Patriots - No
Bills - Maybe
Jets - Yes

Cowboys - No
Giants - Maybe
Eagles - No

Falcons - No
Saints - No
Bucs - No
Panthers - No

Seahawks - No
Cardinals - Yes
49ers - Yes
Rams - No

Vikings - Maybe
Packers - No
Lions - No
Bears - Yes

Too bad they didn't just grow on trees.

O.city
So the best quarterbacks for the ones making max deals?

We've seen that once teams have to pay this qbs absurd deals, the odds of them winning superbowls have decreased.

Admittedly I jumped in to you guys conversation not really reading all of it, just stating that highly paid qbs don't seem to be translating to super bowl wins

The Franchise
Of the teams that I listed as a maybe......you could possibly remove the Jags (Bortles is still cheap), the Vikings (because they'll have Bradford and Bridgewater coming back from injury) and the Bills (if they think that Taylor is worth that contract.

rico
12-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Man, it'd be frustrating as shit to be a Texans fan right now.

O.city
12-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I'd take tannehill here

threebag
12-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Of the teams that I listed as a maybe......you could possibly remove the Jags (Bortles is still cheap), the Vikings (because they'll have Bradford and Bridgewater coming back from injury) and the Bills (if they think that Taylor is worth that contract.

Bridgewater is probably done.

threebag
12-01-2016, 10:36 AM

He would have probably been nice to draft. He seems to be panning out.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2016, 10:36 AM

I was a big Tannehill fan coming out; was actually pretty shocked he went as early as he did.

But he's not a Reid quarterback, IMO. Too erratic. My favorite thing about him was that he was unpolished and with some work could unlock tools that you usually only get out of top 5 picks.

Well I don't think he's polished up much at all. Despite having next to now time at QB in college, he still hasn't developed much beyond where he was at A&M. I really figured he'd come along more and turn into something of a mobile Stafford but it hasn't happened.

I'd take a chance on him but not with that contract; it's a pretty nasty one for a guy that was losing games for Miami until they decided to lean heavily on Ajayi. EDIT: Let me clarify; I'd take it in trade from Miami because they'd eat the bonus and the Chiefs could bail on his deal if they wanted to after the '17 season. At that point the AAV would be around $18 million with an easy escape clause. It's still overpaid but there's potential there and it's pretty much market for an average starting QB.

I'd rather draft a cost-controlled guy, but if you could get Tannehill for a 3rd and draft another guy in the 1st or 2nd, you're in nice shape. If you can rehab Tannehill and deal him, that works nicely. If your draftee doesn't pan out, you still have Tannehill to fall back on.

But the fins won't deal him; they're too heavily invested in him at this point.

O.city
12-01-2016, 10:42 AM
I was a big Tannehill fan coming out; was actually pretty shocked he went as early as he did.

But he's not a Reid quarterback, IMO. Too erratic. My favorite thing about him was that he was unpolished and with some work could unlock tools that you usually only get out of top 5 picks.

Well I don't think he's polished up much at all. Despite having next to now time at QB in college, he still hasn't developed much beyond where he was at A&M. I really figured he'd come along more and turn into something of a mobile Stafford but it hasn't happened.

I'd take a chance on him but not with that contract; it's a pretty nasty one for a guy that was losing games for Miami until they decided to lean heavily on Ajayi. EDIT: Let me clarify; I'd take it in trade from Miami because they'd eat the bonus and the Chiefs could bail on his deal if they wanted to after the '17 season. At that point the AAV would be around $18 million with an easy escape clause. It's still overpaid but there's potential there and it's pretty much market for an average starting QB.

I'd rather draft a cost-controlled guy, but if you could get Tannehill for a 3rd and draft another guy in the 1st or 2nd, you're in nice shape. If you can rehab Tannehill and deal him, that works nicely. If your draftee doesn't pan out, you still have Tannehill to fall back on.

See I think he's playing well this year, but they do have a good running game to lean on.

It's just time to draft someone. Smith looks cooked and it's been far to long. They've built a pretty solid roster that needs a few more pieces, but could carry a young Qb for a year or two if they had to.

The Franchise
12-01-2016, 10:47 AM

What do you think about Cousins?

rico
12-01-2016, 10:51 AM
You know who flashed last weekend?

Matt Barkley for the Bears. He had a couple moments where you thought, "wtf," but he had many moments where he looked great. Had 3 TD's, 2 INT's...the crazy thing was that he could have had a couple few more touchdowns....his receivers were biffing, bad. So, so many crucial drops. I can't remember a supporting cast being so detrimental to a QB's play in a long time.

The Franchise
12-01-2016, 10:53 AM

Matt Barkley for the Bears. He had a couple moments where you thought, "wtf," but he had many moments where he looked great. Had 3 TD's, 2 INT's...the crazy thing was that he could have had a couple few more touchdowns....his receivers were biffing, bad. So, so many crucial drops. I can't remember a supporting cast be so detrimental to a QB's play in a long time.

The Titan's pass defense sucks. Now watch Alex Smith throw for 175 yards with 1 TD against them.

O.city
12-01-2016, 10:54 AM

I've seen his name thrown around here.

I'm not a fan. He's got a stacked group around him there. I dunno. Just not a huge fan.

The Franchise
12-01-2016, 10:56 AM
I've seen his name thrown around here.

I'm not a fan. He's got a stacked group around him there. I dunno. Just not a huge fan.

Stacked group how?

He's got Desean Jackson (who's been hurt). Swap him out with Tyreek Hill.
He's got a possession type WR in Garcon. Swap him out with Maclin.
He's got a top 5 TE in Jordan Reed. Swap him out with Kelce.

Their offensive line, I think, is on par with ours.

We have a better group of RBs.

threebag

Matt Barkley for the Bears. He had a couple moments where you thought, "wtf," but he had many moments where he looked great. Had 3 TD's, 2 INT's...the crazy thing was that he could have had a couple few more touchdowns....his receivers were biffing, bad. So, so many crucial drops. I can't remember a supporting cast be so detrimental to a QB's play in a long time.

No thanks

rico

That guy won me over last week.

I love that "you like that!" clip of him...

Sorry can't embed from phone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bsB7UQ8BlE0

ROFL

rico
12-01-2016, 10:57 AM
No thanks

Did you see the game?

retkim
12-01-2016, 10:58 AM
The Titan's pass defense sucks. Now watch Alex Smith throw for 175 yards with 1 TD against them.

And if we win I'll take that on any day.

rico
12-01-2016, 10:58 AM

Yeah, I know...they suck ass...but man, he definitely could have had a much worse showing in his first ever NFL start.

mcaj22
12-01-2016, 10:59 AM

You make it seem like Tannehill is on the 2-9 Jags like he's Blake Bortles regressing.

Tannehill is on a 6 game win streak, has his team in the playoff hunt and he has like a 7:1 TD:INT ratio his last 3 games. If Alex Smith had the kind of ratio in a streak of games this place would be doing backflips and rejoicing.

They went to a more traditional offense with Ajayi, and Tunsil has been keeping him upright this season, and Adam Gase has done wonders for him unlike that inept coach he had to start his career.

They probably won't win anything but if they get into the playoffs Tannehill has more than done his job/had a nice season throwing to a bunch of bums + Jarvis Landry.

threebag
12-01-2016, 11:00 AM
Did you see the game?

27-21 Titans.

rico
12-01-2016, 11:01 AM
27-21 Titans.

LMAO

threebag
12-01-2016, 11:02 AM
LMAO

DJ's left nut
12-01-2016, 11:02 AM

I truly have no idea.

First blush says I have no interest in paying him what he'd command on the open market. I don't think he gives one fuck about Washington and is going to the highest bidders either way. And because he was tagged last year, tagging him again this year would be cost prohibitive for Washington so he'll hit the market.

11 games into the season, there's no reason at all for him to sign early so he'll get there.

He won't get Andrew Luck money but he won't get far from it. Probably looking at an Aaron Rodgers contract. I like Cousins' stats but I just don't watch him enough to know if those are real or system related.

Cousins may well be the kind of QB that kills you. Paying $25 million/season for Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck sounds harsh but as force multipliers it's worthwhile. Paying $23 million to a guy that may just be a nice quarterback...well that hurts worse than paying $17 million for a game manager.

The Franchise
12-01-2016, 11:06 AM
I truly have no idea.

First blush says I have no interest in paying him what he'd command on the open market. I don't think he gives one fuck about Washington and is going to the highest bidders either way. And because he was tagged last year, tagging him again this year would be cost prohibitive for Washington so he'll hit the market.

11 games into the season, there's no reason at all for him to sign early so he'll get there.

He won't get Andrew Luck money but he won't get far from it. Probably looking at an Aaron Rodgers contract. I like Cousins' stats but I just don't watch him enough to know if those are real or system related.

Cousins may well be the kind of QB that kills you. Paying $25 million/season for Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck sounds harsh but as force multipliers it's worthwhile. Paying $23 million to a guy that may just be a nice quarterback...well that hurts worse than paying $17 million for a game manager.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns push hard for him.

rico
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bsB7UQ8BlE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

threebag
Paying $23 million to a guy that may just be a nice quarterback...well that hurts worse than paying $17 million for a game manager.

Best name floating out there but no value.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2016, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns push hard for him.

You can just start writing the 'holy shit, he got WHAT!?!?' articles right now.

Because the deal he signs is going to floor people. It shouldn't - it's a QB league and he's a younger one with stats that rival anybody's the last 2 years. He's going to get huge money.

threebag
12-01-2016, 11:16 AM
He is going to get paid for sure. In a QB hungry league it happens.

mcaj22
12-01-2016, 11:21 AM
I think he's worth it. Dude pushed a #2 overall draft pick out of an entire city. Turned a locker room and fanbase against him through just by being the guy that stepped in and played better over time with improvement.

threebag
12-01-2016, 11:26 AM
I think he's worth it. Dude pushed a #2 overall draft pick out of an entire city. Turned a locker room and fanbase against him through just by being the guy that stepped in and played better over time with improvement.

LMAO

RGIII sure didnt help himself. Cassel/Cutler/Brock/Semen could have done that there. They were done with RGIII at any cost. They just got lucky they drafted two. It's your flute blow away.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2016, 11:29 AM

He might be. But remember that he's 29 next year.

So you can either sign him to a deal that you're locked into for at least 4 years and effectively close the door on a true developmental QB (as well as lose at least 1 blue-chip defensive player/potential FA). Or you can spin the wheel with the draft pick.

I'm just not convinced he's an obviously better bet to succeed outside of Washington to justify all that $$ over going out and drafting/developing your own guy. And at 29, he's still not anything more than a stop-gap in the same sense we've always viewed Alex Smith. He's not a Peyton Manning/Tony Romo ticking time-bomb of a stop gap, but he's not going to be that 10 year solution we keep hoping to find.

I think I'd rather draft Trubisky or Watson. Hell, I see a whole lot of Cousins in Mahomes. And Webb sure looks the part.

I don't think this QB draft is as bad as many folks do. I think there is talent in here that we should take a chance on. If you sign Cousins to the contracat he'll demand, that's not happening for at least 4 more years.

The Franchise
12-01-2016, 11:31 AM
He might be. But remember that he's 29 next year.

So you can either sign him to a deal that you're locked into for at least 4 years and effectively close the door on a true developmental QB (as well as lose at least 1 blue-chip defensive player/potential FA). Or you can spin the wheel with the draft pick.

I'm just not convinced he's an obviously better bet to succeed outside of Washington to justify all that $$ over going out and drafting/developing your own guy. And at 29, he's still not anything more than a stop-gap in the same sense we've always viewed Alex Smith. He's not a Peyton Manning/Tony Romo ticking time-bomb of a stop gap, but he's not going to be that 10 year solution we keep hoping to find.

I think I'd rather draft Trubisky or Watson. Hell, I see a whole lot of Cousins in Mahomes. And Webb sure looks the part.

I don't think this QB draft is as bad as many folks do. I think there is talent in here that we should take a chance on. If you sign Cousins to the contracat he'll demand, that's not happening for at least 4 more years.

I think this QB class has good talent. It just doesn't have that talent that you'll see 3 QBs in the top 10 picks. That obviously can change when the combine and media hype is over.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 11:32 AM
You look at tight ends and receivers he has to throw to and it makes you nervous to give him a contract despite those numbers cause you have no idea what he'll be like with average talent around him.
He doesn't pass the eye test when you compare him to Dak, Russell, Luck

And his record is just 6-4-1

DJ's left nut
12-01-2016, 11:36 AM
I think this QB class has good talent. It just doesn't have that talent that you'll see 3 QBs in the top 10 picks. That obviously can change when the combine and media hype is over.

That's good for us.

With where the Chiefs are in the competitive cycle, the depth of a class is more important than the top of the class.

We're not the Browns; there's not going to be a top 5 pick coming for us in the next 3 years. We need guys with tools and warts that we can polish up to fall to us (i.e. Carr).

And with Smith's deal being easily escapable but not crazy expensive over the next 2 years, now is the time to do it. It gives the team a ton of flexibility in how they handle their QB situation.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2016, 11:38 AM
You look at tight ends and receivers he has to throw to and it makes you nervous to give him a contract despite those numbers cause you have no idea what he'll be like with average talent around him.

He only presently has average talent to throw to.

Garcon, Jackson and Reed isn't exactly Rice, Taylor and Jones. Hell, it's not clearly better than Maclin, Kelce and Hill.

For me it's a system question more than anything. Can he adapt to a WC scheme and only tape review can tell you that. I'm just not well informed enough to make a strong statement there.

But money and term sure favors the draft pick...

threebag
12-01-2016, 11:39 AM
That's good for us.

With where the Chiefs are in the competitive cycle, the depth of a class is more important than the top of the class.

We're not the Browns; there's not going to be a top 5 pick coming for us in the next 3 years. We need guys with tools and warts that we can polish up to fall to us (i.e. Carr).

And with Smith's deal being easily escapable but not crazy expensive over the next 2 years, now is the time to do it. It gives the team a ton of flexibility in how they handle their QB situation.

But Tyler Bray, i read it here so it will be.

dls6501
12-01-2016, 11:47 AM

Holy s*** you cant be serious with this. This is basically the exact argument a lot of us make with Alex Smith. Absolutely comical that you use it for Cousins. SMFH.

The Franchise
12-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Holy s*** you cant be serious with this. This is basically the exact argument a lot of us make with Alex Smith. Absolutely comical that you use it for Cousins. SMFH.

He's a troll. Let it go.

threebag
12-01-2016, 11:57 AM
His receiving corps seem to have softer hands than the stones our seem to have. Kelce and Harris drop the shit out of some passes.

Molitoth
12-01-2016, 11:57 AM

Like anyone here besides threebag gives a shit about your eye test...

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1937410/images/o-BUBBLES-KITTY-facebook.jpg

threebag
12-01-2016, 12:02 PM
I bet a few teams would like to have him as their signal caller.

Yeah we could be better, but we could also be worse.

It's Alex's train we are just along for the ride.
https://67.media.tumblr.com/23a5fb71f08f7cd0972e5aeccd4604f0/tumblr_ms6a1uK7rY1sfclluo1_500.gif

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2016, 12:24 PM
I can't remember a supporting cast being so detrimental to a QB's play in a long time.

Alex Smith's supporting casts are always detrimental every week according to the Alexuals.

Tribal Warfare
12-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Alex Smith's supporting casts are always detrimental every week according to the Alexuals.

Alex JUST WINS!!!!!!!! So anything else including supporting cast is an excuse when KC loses.

rico
12-01-2016, 12:52 PM

LMAO If Alex had ever experienced anything like Barkley did Sunday, his Alexuals would be in insane asylums and pumped hard with some Haldol or Risperdal right now.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 01:00 PM
He only presently has average talent to throw to.

Garcon, Jackson and Reed isn't exactly Rice, Taylor and Jones. Hell, it's not clearly better than Maclin, Kelce and Hill.

For me it's a system question more than anything. Can he adapt to a WC scheme and only tape review can tell you that. I'm just not well informed enough to make a strong statement there.

But money and term sure favors the draft pick...

He has experienced guys all over the field including Vernon Davis who found his mojo. Reed is easily a top 5 tight end, crowder is a solid #2

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 01:04 PM

Reed and Kelce are practically a push. Garcon and Davis are two additional big body receivers. Then you add Jackson and Crowder top the mix... How does that even compare to anything we have add this season with Maclin nursing an injury?

Harris isn't anywhere on the level of Davis or Reed. Quit kidding yourself. Albert Wilson better than desean Jackson?

Again, common sense

BoneKrusher
12-01-2016, 01:53 PM
She's not a deep passer but I like the fact that Alice Smith has a winning record as the Chief QB.

BigCatDaddy
12-01-2016, 01:53 PM
That guy won me over last week.

I love that "you like that!" clip of him...

Sorry can't embed from phone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bsB7UQ8BlE0

ROFL

Much better than wearing a diaper pin.

jjchieffan
12-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Who needs a QB:

Steelers - No
Browns - Yes
Bengals - No
Ravens - Maybe

Titans - No
Texans - No (contract)
Colts - No

Broncos - No
Chargers - No
Raiders - No

Patriots - No
Bills - Maybe
Jets - Yes

Cowboys - No
Giants - Maybe
Eagles - No

Falcons - No
Saints - No
Bucs - No
Panthers - No

Seahawks - No
Cardinals - Yes
49ers - Yes
Rams - No

Vikings - Maybe
Packers - No
Lions - No
Bears - Yes

Drew Brees is 37 years old. Why are the Saints not listed as needing to start looking for a quarterback?

The Franchise
12-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Drew Brees is 37 years old. Why are the Saints not listed as needing to start looking for a quarterback?

Brees just signed a contract extension, he's said that he'll keep playing and their cap space is shit. That team needs to add other pieces around him for them to be a viable playoff team.

threebag
12-01-2016, 03:03 PM

Because he has good stats

threebag
12-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Risperdal

Dudes with tits?

GloryDayz
12-01-2016, 09:18 PM
“I’ve said this since the day I got here, the guy is the most professional and the guy I want running my team. He’s the guy I want behind the center making the calls and distributing the ball because he’s going to take care of it and put the ball where it needs to be. He’s a competitor and the list goes on.

“Everybody can say what they want about him, but here in Kansas City we know what we’ve got—we’ve got a championship-caliber quarterback and that’s where we’re headed.”

-- Travis Kelce

Travis is darn nice...

GloryDayz
12-01-2016, 09:19 PM
“I would say sometimes there are things that don’t show up on the stat sheet and you have to find it to say – man this guy is playing at a high level,” Quinn explained of scouting Smith. “It’s the decision-making, it’s creating a scramble to go for a first down and it’s putting the ball in the correct spot. When I watch him play we are all so impressed by his ability to make the right decision, against the right coverage.

“That’s a real thing and not everybody has that awareness and you have to have experience to do that and he does. I recognize that some people measure everything only on stats, but that eight-win stat is pretty strong too. We’re a believer in him and what he’s capable of doing and how he is a big part of their offense

-- Atlanta Falcons head coach Dan Quinn

Dan is very nice...

rabblerouser
12-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Dan is very nice...

Yeah, but notice how he doesn't say that "Alex Smith scares us and we have to defend the entire field on every play when he is in the game"?

GloryDayz
12-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Yeah, but notice how he doesn't say that "Alex Smith scares us and we have to defend the entire field on every play when he is in the game"?

But I'm sure he was thinking it.

threebag
12-01-2016, 11:00 PM

It's like the understood [you] in a sentence.

rico
12-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Dudes with tits?

Chicks with dicks.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-02-2016, 08:52 AM
For those that think Alex taking care of the ball means nothing....

Denver has won TWENTY EIGHT games in a row when winning the turnover battle. TWEN-TY-EIGHT!!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-02-2016, 10:38 AM

Denver has won TWENTY EIGHT games in a row when winning the turnover battle. TWEN-TY-EIGHT!!

Facts, not fiction

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-02-2016, 11:57 PM

Facts, not fiction

Oh you two....

http://rs258.pbsrc.com/albums/hh258/Ms_Belleza/Hugs/teddy.gif~c200

BigCatDaddy
12-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Oh you two....

http://rs258.pbsrc.com/albums/hh258/Ms_Belleza/Hugs/teddy.gif~c200

That's a fact, Jack!

Nickhead
12-03-2016, 12:55 AM
i seen a 'by the numbers' that alex is something like 22-1 when he passes for less than 200 yards

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-03-2016, 01:49 PM

Hahahahaha

Let's. Go. Smitty!!

FloridaMan88
12-03-2016, 01:53 PM

Fair enough, but is it not unreasonable to expect a QB with a $17 million cap hit who is an 11 year veteran, a first overall draft pick and who has been in this offense for 4+ years now to do more than just not turn the ball over (i.e. maybe actually make some explosive plays in the passing game?)

Perineum Ripper
12-03-2016, 01:56 PM

Hahahahaha

Let's. Go. Smitty!!

Millions of people watched 2girls 1cup..doesn't mean it is anything other that a horrible shit show that is pointless

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-03-2016, 02:03 PM
http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/videos/Look-Back-Chiefs-Get-Improbable-Overtime-Victory/3210393a-d490-4710-a413-6921b1cd419c

How bout those CHIEFS!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Millions of people watched 2girls 1cup..doesn't mean it is anything other that a horrible shit show that is pointless

ROFL

5,010 useless, drivel-posts regarding my incredibly gay man-love of the league and KC's most mediocre Quarterback to date.

Good lord I am a useless Smugglypuff of uncle-sucking fury.

Let's.
Die.
In A Fire!

Facts, not fiction. :)

Baby Lee
12-03-2016, 07:29 PM
Factastic!! ;)

The kind of person you just want to punch in the mouth for being so damb annoying. They have no life and way too much time on their hands. They frequently use their excessive amount of time to annoy and monitor others, taddletale for small meaningless crap, butt into everybody's business except their own, and spy on people as if they think they are a cop or an important person or something. You know busy bodies when you see them: they evesdrop, will report you for "child abuse" when you discipline your kids in the mall by giving them a small smack on the hand, they knock on your apartment door for "being too loud" when chopping vegetables on your counter for dinner, will tell flight attendants something like "excuse me but I saw that man using his cell phone during the safety demo" and will tell a COP something like "excuse me sir but I saw that man's license plate tag as being expired." What do you want me to do about a cell phone or an expired tag you stupid, loser? I had a friend once who was a busybody. He told me 6 months after I moved to Arizona that "I am going to report your car to the state DMV if you dont get your car registered with the state." He did exactly what he said and I punched him in the face for it. We are not frinds anymore. I can't stand ANY busybody like this. Let's just say busybodies are the fingernails and we are their chalkboard.

Busy bodies are usually self-rightous hypocrites that are quick to point out the faults in others but get defensive when you point out theirs.
I can't stand any busybody. I want to puch them all in the mouth.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Factastic!! ;)

It is good that Urban Dictionary has taken a stand for the unsung, Uncle-Penis suckers among us.

Everyone should have representation and/or 15 minutes of fame in our Great Nation.

:)

Baby Lee
12-03-2016, 07:44 PM
It is good that Urban Dictionary has taken a stand for the unsung, Uncle-Penis suckers among us.

Everyone should have representation and/or 15 minutes of fame in our Great Nation.

:)

So you and TUC have something in common after all?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2016, 07:46 PM
So you and TUC have something in common after all?

Yes, our deep appreciation of all the wonderful Alex Smith is and does. :)

Baby Lee
12-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Yes, our deep appreciation of all the wonderful Alex Smith is and does. :)

You named your uncle's cock? :eek:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2016, 10:06 PM
You named your uncle's cock? :eek:

LMAO

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-09-2016, 11:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-M0hb01hmQ
ESPN loving the Alex Smith led Chiefs

BigCatDaddy
12-10-2016, 12:19 AM
ESPN loving the Tyreek Hill led Chiefs

FYP

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-11-2016, 09:01 PM
Anyone else still think the Bucs suck?

ROFL ROFL

Alex Smith: 1 INT, 99 QB rating
Philip Rivers: 2 INTs, 80 QB rating
Russell Wilson: 2 INTs, 39 QB rating
Drew Brees: 3 INTs, 49 QB rating

BigCatDaddy
12-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Anyone else still think the Bucs suck?

ROFL ROFL

Alex Smith: 1 INT, 99 QB rating
Philip Rivers: 2 INTs, 80 QB rating
Russell Wilson: 2 INTs, 39 QB rating
Drew Brees: 3 INTs, 49 QB rating

Russell Wilson just turned it over again LMAO

Red Dawg
12-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Fair enough, but is it not unreasonable to expect a QB with a $17 million cap hit who is an 11 year veteran, a first overall draft pick and who has been in this offense for 4+ years now to do more than just not turn the ball over (i.e. maybe actually make some explosive plays in the passing game?)

I have been saying this forever. Alex will be the QB for years to come unfortunately.

I will say this much though. If by some miracle we win the SB they can pay him whatever he wants and nobody should complain.

RunKC
12-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Alex was awesome vs Oakland. Fish, Andy and Maclin didn't help him out, but I want to see the Alex we've seen since the end of the Denver game more often.

threebag
12-11-2016, 10:37 PM
I have been saying this forever. Alex will be the QB for years to come unfortunately.

I will say this much though. If by some miracle we win the SB they can pay him whatever he wants and nobody should complain.

Hopefully he can sit up in the booth with Mitch when he retires.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2016, 10:46 PM

Smith will take his money and go back to cali and root for the Raiders

JF08
12-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Kaepernick will most likely be available this off-season. Maybe the Chiefs pick him up to compete with Smith again?

Tribal Warfare
12-12-2016, 02:53 PM

God no, he sounds like a faggot because he's a metrosexual.

Horrible speaking voice

Lzen
12-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Kaepernick will most likely be available this off-season. Maybe the Chiefs pick him up to compete with Smith again?

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Bowser
12-12-2016, 04:15 PM

http://i.imgur.com/RYmyt.gif?noredirect

temper11
12-12-2016, 05:34 PM
ESPN loving the Alex Smith led Chiefs

"#1 in turnover differential, #1 in take-aways, everything else is noise in football..."

Can't be said enough, even though Chiefs are now 2nd in these categories after Thursday night.

GloryDayz
12-12-2016, 05:49 PM

You seem nice!

TimeForWasp
12-12-2016, 11:11 PM
Mabe Chip Kelly will give us 2 2nd round pics to take pumpernickle to be our third round kneeling specialist.

TimBone
12-12-2016, 11:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RYmyt.gif?noredirect
Lmao

ThaVirus
12-12-2016, 11:43 PM
90's Jim Carrey was the comedy GOAT

CoMoChief
12-13-2016, 12:33 AM
90's Jim Carrey was the comedy GOAT

Since Hollywood is all about the remakes/reboots, why not do another Ace Ventura movie? He out-Jim Carrey'd himself as Lloyd Christmas in DD2. Not sure he could do that w/ the Ace Ventura character.

JF08
12-13-2016, 05:42 PM
I was kidding about Kaepernick. But good to know that the Kaep vs. Alex debate is over.

BigCatDaddy
12-13-2016, 07:46 PM
I was kidding about Kaepernick. But good to know that the Kaep vs. Alex debate is over.

If also ends the whole people just want a "fantasy stats" since Kaep is still a much better play than ASS11 and nobody wants his whiny ass.

threebag
12-13-2016, 07:59 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

threebag
12-13-2016, 07:59 PM
The Quarterback Whisperers want stats period

They are clicking their heels for the Vermeil years

OctoberFart
12-13-2016, 08:10 PM
He will be the problem to win anything big such as a playoff game outside of wild card round.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2016, 08:22 PM

And as befitting its two subjects, it was the most boring, useless, and ultimately pointless debate in the entire history of professional football.

BigCatDaddy
12-13-2016, 08:40 PM
And as befitting its two subjects, it was the most boring, useless, and ultimately pointless debate in the entire history of professional football.

Couch or Holcomb?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2016, 08:48 PM
Couch or Holcomb?

Shit and Shite.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-14-2016, 02:03 AM
Shit and Shite.

Downfield Biggame vs. Brokie 2 Electric Hootieloo

mcaj22
12-18-2016, 03:16 PM
still the problem when the offense isnt getting bailed out by a rookie named Tyreek Hill, and even that wasnt enough today.

Tiger, your boy needs to step up now, its crunch time, hes not going to last in the playoffs playing like this.

mnchiefsguy
12-18-2016, 03:18 PM
Alex was a big fucking problem today. Missed opened receivers, failed to generate any offense in the second half, and threw an awful pick in the endzone.

TribalElder
12-18-2016, 03:18 PM
LOL

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-18-2016, 03:24 PM
All he does is win.

New World Order
12-18-2016, 03:50 PM
All he does is win.

LMAO

Trent Green GOAT
12-18-2016, 04:03 PM
12 tds in 13 games played this year. That's atrocious. KC better draft a qb in 2018, trade up and get it done.

GloryDayz
12-18-2016, 04:10 PM
Alex Smith sucks balls. Isn't this at least two game-losing, in-the-endzone, INTs he's willfully provided the opposition?

dls6501
12-18-2016, 04:32 PM
This guy has been a problem more than he has been a solution this year.

Tribal Warfare
12-18-2016, 04:35 PM
All he does is win.

/Alex only and fanclub

Sandy Vagina
12-18-2016, 04:36 PM
This guy has been a problem more than he has been a solution this year.

aaaaaaand here is the 49ers fan pretending to be a Chiefs fan just to bash one player.

skocker!

dls6501
12-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Go fist yourself Sandy. You dont know shit.

MeatRock
12-18-2016, 04:39 PM
aaaaaaand here is the 49ers fan pretending to be a Chiefs fan just to bash one player.

skocker!

Irony

rico
12-18-2016, 04:40 PM

skocker!

Beats being a 49ers fan pretending to be a Chiefs fan so he can continue to suck the penis of a 49er retread below average game manager.

notorious
12-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Please make it all stop.

I've cheered Alex as hard as I've loathed him. One way or another, this shit needs to end.

kcpasco
12-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Alex Smith sucked shit today

rico
12-18-2016, 04:44 PM
Please make it all stop.

I've cheered Alex as hard as I've loathed him. One way or another, this shit needs to end.

It is maddening. Freaking Purgatory.

BigCatDaddy
12-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Foles!

Kman34
12-18-2016, 04:49 PM
This place....:rolleyes:.....surprised there's not a "Alex Smith fucked up the game get your rep here " thread....

RealSNR
12-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Facts, not fiction

Like this fact here: You can't trade in facts for points in a football game when your shitty QB can't get a boner against some of the worst defenses in the league.

stumppy
12-18-2016, 05:00 PM
Wonder where the ole knob slobbering idiot is ?

Chromatic
12-18-2016, 05:02 PM
Beats being a 49ers fan pretending to be a Chiefs fan so he can continue to suck the penis of a 49er retread below average game manager.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="vPUHncC"><a href="//imgur.com/vPUHncC">Scottie Pippen dunk on Patrick Ewing.</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mcaj22
12-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Brady 22 TDs
Carr 24 TDs
Big Ben 25 TDs
Mariota 25 TDs
Brock 14 TDs
Flacco 19 TDs
Tannehill 17 TDs
Smith 12 TDs

the problem is if the playoffs started today 6 of these 8 teams would get in and these are the QBs throwing touchdowns these days in the AFC.

Tannehill is done. But the fact that Alex Smith is the worst of the bunch at throwing passing touchdowns among the AFC playoff potentials; worse than Brock Oseweiler WHO GOT BENCHED TODAY, is sad.

The passing game cannot convert like the rest of the AFC teams can. And that's a problem.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Facts, not fiction

Like this fact here: You can't trade in facts for points in a football game when your shitty QB can't get a boner against some of the worst defenses in the league.

League Average QB rating against opposing defense:
TB 89
Denver 67
Atlanta 97
Oakland 89.5
Tennessee 89

Smith's QB ratings against opposing defense:
TB 99
Denver 80
Atlanta 125
Oakland 109 & 96
Tennessee 56

So that's one game over a course of a 4-1 run that he played below average.
Big ****ing deal.

stumppy
12-18-2016, 05:09 PM
TB 89
Denver 67
Atlanta 97
Oakland 89.5
Tennessee 89

TB 99
Denver 80
Atlanta 125
Oakland 109 & 96
Tennessee 56

Big ****ing deal.

Annnnnd here we go........

ThaVirus
Brady 22 TDs
Carr 24 TDs
Big Ben 25 TDs
Mariota 25 TDs
Brock 14 TDs
Flacco 19 TDs
Tannehill 17 TDs
Smith 12 TDs

the problem is if the playoffs started today 6 of these 8 teams would get in and these are the QBs throwing touchdowns these days in the AFC.

Tannehill is done. But the fact that Alex Smith is the worst of the bunch at throwing passing touchdowns among the AFC playoff potentials; worse than Brock Oseweiler WHO GOT BENCHED TODAY, is sad.

The passing game cannot convert like the rest of the AFC teams can. And that's a problem.

Even Seimian, who this board trashes, has thrown 16 TDs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Annnnnd here we go........

So you admit you're a fair weather fan. Cool story.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Brady 22 TDs
Carr 24 TDs
Big Ben 25 TDs
Mariota 25 TDs
Brock 14 TDs
Flacco 19 TDs
Tannehill 17 TDs
Smith 12 TDs

No worries, playoff Smith will show up.

Tribal Warfare
12-18-2016, 05:11 PM

Gretzing True Fans

stumppy
12-18-2016, 05:12 PM
ROFL
So you admit you like cock in the mouth and pearl neclklaces.

JFC man, you are waaayyyyy the fuck out there.

MeatRock
12-18-2016, 05:12 PM
Gretzing True Fans

He's an Alex Smith cum dumpster. That's it. End of the story.

Chromatic
12-18-2016, 05:13 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kelce was WIDE OPEN. But Alex would rather throw to Maclin . <a href="https://t.co/jihPfy56BA">pic.twitter.com/jihPfy56BA</a></p>&mdash; Chiefs Central Prod. (@ChiefsCentral) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsCentral/status/810623058218258432">December 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dls6501
12-18-2016, 05:13 PM
TB 89
Denver 67
Atlanta 97
Oakland 89.5
Tennessee 89

TB 99
Denver 80
Atlanta 125
Oakland 109 & 96
Tennessee 56

Big ****ing deal.

So what happened to stats dont matter?

Sandy Vagina
12-18-2016, 05:14 PM
No worries, playoff Smith will show up.

If not, I'm going to want him outta KC too. Retire, move onto some other team, don't care.

He needs to play better or piss off. If the next QB plays the same way or worse, oh ****ing well. Just shows that no one was going to survive Andy Reid, the playcaller.

ThaVirus
12-18-2016, 05:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kelce was WIDE OPEN. But Alex would rather throw to Maclin . <a href="https://t.co/jihPfy56BA">pic.twitter.com/jihPfy56BA</a></p>&mdash; Chiefs Central Prod. (@ChiefsCentral) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsCentral/status/810623058218258432">December 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

He's a one-read QB.

NWTF
12-18-2016, 05:17 PM
It is maddening. Freaking Purgatory.

Purgatory.

Hes competent enough to make you fear the unknown, you could do worse.

Yet not a franchise, top tier QB. Fairly low ceiling for QB of playoff caliber teams. Greatest strength is supposedly wont loose you games.

Hes good enough that the 2000 Ravens could have won with him. The 2002 Bucs probably too, but the point is you have to be really strong in other areas to make up for meh, at QB. If the Chiefs D/ST can guarantee at least one score every game from here on out, and throughout the playoffs Id say with a few other breaks along the way this team could win it all.

dls6501
12-18-2016, 05:21 PM

Yeah but until we see the all-22, it would be safe to assume that Titans D adjusted and phased Kelce out in the 2nd half.

OnTheWarpath15
Good rule of thumb: If someone is using QB rating as the bedrock of their argument, they don't know a fucking thing about the game of football.

OnTheWarpath15
Yeah but until we see the all-22, it would be safe to assume that Titans D adjusted and phased Kelce out in the 2nd half.

LMAO

MeatRock
12-18-2016, 05:25 PM
How is Tigeruppercut maxed out on rep? A mod gifted the dumbfuck a green bar.

RealSNR
12-18-2016, 05:30 PM
He's a one-read QB.

And why in God's name is Kelce not the one-read target?

RealSNR
12-18-2016, 05:31 PM
How is Tigeruppercut maxed out on rep? A mod gifted the dumbfuck a green bar.

He has a handful of jizz guzzlers

stumppy
12-18-2016, 05:40 PM

I'd also like to add, What a puss, Just admit you're wrong and move on.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 06:26 PM
So what happened to stats dont matter?

>.800 win percentage in our last 24

Facts, not fiction.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 06:29 PM
How is Tigeruppercut maxed out on rep? A mod gifted the dumb**** a green bar.

Posts/threads like this give me a lot of rep. Just because 20% of the members like you here are loud-mouth, overspoken, numbskulls it doesn't mean your views are held in the majority...

We can still have hope in society.

NJChiefsFan
12-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Why are people talking to and quoting this egotistical hypocrite?

Trent Green GOAT
12-18-2016, 06:32 PM

Facts, not fiction.

That's more in spite of smith is it not?

RunKC
12-18-2016, 06:36 PM
15/28 163 yards, no passing TD's and 1 INT

This is what we're paying $16+million for.

bobbything
12-18-2016, 06:37 PM
I'll say this about Alex Smith...if the best thing anyone can say about him, his biggest asset as a QB, is that he "takes care of the football," then he better damn well not turn it over in the end zone when we should be getting no fewer than three points out of the drive.

Throwing a pick in the end zone, with, essentially, the game on the line, two times in one season, is pretty bad. His most important job is to take care of the football. In two very, very key situations this year, he has not done that.

MeatRock
12-18-2016, 06:37 PM

But he usually has a good QB rating bro. ROFL

dls6501
12-18-2016, 06:38 PM

Facts, not fiction.

Dancing around the question, as usual.

Jerm
12-18-2016, 06:43 PM

A complete back breaking INT at that...un frickin believable....

stevieray
12-18-2016, 06:46 PM
you can't say a guy sucks then expect him to win .

ThaVirus
12-18-2016, 06:48 PM
you can't say a guy sucks then expect him to win .

How about when you pay him $16m per year?

The Franchise
12-18-2016, 06:51 PM

Against one of the worst pass defenses in the league. AND they lost their top CB on the 1st play of the game.

The Franchise
12-18-2016, 06:52 PM
The Smith from the 1st half of the Oakland game was obviously a fucking mirage.

petegz28
12-18-2016, 06:55 PM
The Smith from the 1st half of the Oakland game was obviously a ****ing mirage.

No, the Smith from the 1st half of the Oak and Ten games is Smith. We do good then enter Andy Reid and the "afraid to lose" offense.

The Franchise
12-18-2016, 06:57 PM
No, the Smith from the 1st half of the Oak and Ten games is Smith. We do good then enter Andy Reid and the "afraid to lose" offense.

So Reid threw that pick and overthrew those WRs?

GloryDayz
12-18-2016, 07:00 PM
That's more in spite of smith is it not?

Rep applied.

GloryDayz
12-18-2016, 07:01 PM
Dancing around the question, as usual.

Next they'll be claiming that his BMI is another plus.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 07:12 PM

Again, his 5 year contract played thru next season is less than $14mil/year. Dorsey got a veteran QB for a steal.

The Franchise
12-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Again, his 5 year contract played thru next season is less than $14mil/year. Dorsey got a veteran QB for a steal.

Yep. No trophies for all of that money is a steal.

petegz28
12-18-2016, 07:16 PM
So Reid threw that pick and overthrew those WRs?

Dude, every QB throws picks and every QB over\under throws WR's. Yeah, he over threw Maclin on the bomb, oh wait. Yeah, he didn't throw Hill a very catchable ball on a bomb, oh wait. Yeah, he didn't drop one in perfect for DAT on 3rd and long, oh wait.

What you are either missing or not wanting to admit is when we go towards the end zone, Smith does good. When we go sideways all the time, then not so much.

RobBlake
12-18-2016, 07:19 PM
Dude, every QB throws picks and every QB over\under throws WR's. Yeah, he over threw Maclin on the bomb, oh wait. Yeah, he didn't throw Hill a very catchable ball on a bomb, oh wait. Yeah, he didn't drop one in perfect for DAT on 3rd and long, oh wait.

What you are either missing or not wanting to admit is when we go towards the end zone, Smith does good. When we go sideways all the time, then not so much.

Oh wow, a sensible post. Kudos :clap:

New World Order
12-18-2016, 07:20 PM

.8 tds per game is really a steal.

notorious
12-18-2016, 07:21 PM

The DAT drop pissed me off, and I usually don't get emotional with a game.

Sandy Vagina
12-18-2016, 07:22 PM
The DAT drop pissed me off, and I usually don't get emotional with a game.

I was furious. Have to make a play for your struggling team. DAT is dead to me.

Pablo
12-18-2016, 07:25 PM

You aren't even adding in the hidden TD's in that figure you ass-chugger!

I'm having a hard time finding anything wrong with anything Alex has ever done as a Chief. Glad to see him take a shot in the endzone, even though that DB made the play of his life to wrestle it away from Maclin.

stevieray
12-18-2016, 07:30 PM

that person doesn't think he sucks.

notorious
12-18-2016, 07:30 PM
You aren't even adding in the hidden TD's in that figure you ass-chugger!

I'm having a hard time finding anything wrong with anything Alex has ever done as a Chief. Glad to see him take a shot in the endzone, even though that DB made the play of his life to wrestle it away from Maclin.

LMAO

We bitched about Alex not throwing into the endzone, and now we cringe when he does it.

IT'S A MADHOUSE!

stumppy
12-18-2016, 07:32 PM

Now now, you can't post that stat without adding the benefit of the psu plays.

GloryDayz
12-18-2016, 07:35 PM

Hunt speak...

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 07:39 PM

What's the point in trying to reason with Clay's minions? They literally carry this absurd view that if you aren't 16-0, the SB is out of reach.

SAUTO
12-18-2016, 07:41 PM
What's the point in trying to reason with Clay's minions? They literally carry this absurd view that if you aren't 16-0, the SB is out of reach.

Literally no one has said that.

GloryDayz
12-18-2016, 07:42 PM
we scored 1 more in the dufference in our loss than Oakland's opponent did in their win. Moral victory.

notorious
12-18-2016, 07:42 PM
Literally no one has said that.

He's a dumbfuck. Just ignore him.

SAUTO
12-18-2016, 07:43 PM
Be happy about this loss all you fucking want. I'm not going to be happy about it, I'm gonna say why I'm unhappy about it, and I guaranfuckingtee no one on that mother fucking team is happy about it, tigerbob.

Have fun being a fucking pussy by your self.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 07:57 PM
I must say tho: compared to previous losses, the overreaction on this site is much less than I'm accustomed to.

#MakeCPGreatAgain

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 07:58 PM
Be happy about this loss all you ****ing want. I'm not going to be happy about it, I'm gonna say why I'm unhappy about it, and I guaran****ingtee no one on that mother ****ing team is happy about it, tigerbob.

Have fun being a ****ing pussy by your self.

When have I said I was happy? Skewing people's words?

My outlook on this season hasn't changed. We are SB contenders. Just like we were last season before Maclin and Houston went down with injuries.

RealSNR
12-18-2016, 08:01 PM

That's the point, though. When you play like Alex Smith you HAVE to play mistake-free football. That's the point. If you don't, you're not an effective QB.

Smith HAS to be accurate on those throws, because he hardly ever supplements his game with putting the ball down the field and spreading out the defense. We're getting stacked 8 and sometimes 9 guys in the box against our RBs because they don't respect the short passing game.

If he makes one or two bone-headed mistakes like he did today, that can be all the difference in coming out with a W or L.

It's why we're going to get fucked hard in the playoffs.

notorious
12-18-2016, 08:02 PM
#MakeCPGreatAgain

If you are serious about this movement, leave.

New World Order
12-18-2016, 08:03 PM
Did Alex set up the punter effectively today?

That's really what matters.

ThaVirus
12-18-2016, 08:06 PM
That's the point, though. When you play like Alex Smith you HAVE to play mistake-free football. That's the point. If you don't, you're not an effective QB.

Smith HAS to be accurate on those throws, because he hardly ever supplements his game with putting the ball down the field and spreading out the defense. We're getting stacked 8 and sometimes 9 guys in the box against our RBs because they don't respect the short passing game.

If he makes one or two bone-headed mistakes like he did today, that can be all the difference in coming out with a W or L.

It's why we're going to get fucked hard in the playoffs.

Absolutely.

We forced 3 turnovers and lost the game. Our biggest single mistake this game would have to be his boneheaded end zone INT.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 08:08 PM
That's the point, though. When you play like Alex Smith you HAVE to play mistake-free football.

Funny because we beat the Raiders despite 3 turnovers to their zero.

So your point is basically a pile of turd.

Facts, not fiction.

kcchiefsus
12-18-2016, 08:09 PM
I must say tho: compared to previous losses, the overreaction on this site is much less than I'm accustomed to.

#MakeCPGreatAgain

Go kill yourself.

stevieray
12-18-2016, 08:10 PM
Absolutely.

We forced 3 turnovers and lost the game. Our biggest single mistake this game would have to be his boneheaded end zone INT.

and last week they turned over the ball three times and won.

calling the TO too late on the kicker cost us the game.

you guys try to pin every loss on smith. always have.

GloryDayz
12-18-2016, 08:10 PM
Absolutely.

Or the not sticking the ball out, or not putting Poe in on 3rd down to either clear the way or run the ball, or not putting Poe in on 4th down to either clear the way or run the ball....

GloryDayz
12-18-2016, 08:11 PM

What? We've added Andy to the list. If not Dorsey and Hunt too, by extension...

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 08:13 PM
Both QBs looked off their game. If you don't think cold weather affects your ability to throw with regularity think again. Same goes for catching the ball. Brett Favre broke more of his receivers' fingers in cold weather than he did in not.

ThaVirus
12-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Or the not sticking the ball out, or not putting Poe in on 3rd down to either clear the way or run the ball, or not putting Poe in on 4th down to either clear the way or run the ball....

You're saying our biggest mistake of the afternoon was not putting our nose tackle in at fullback.

LOL Stop it.

I give Smith credit where it's due.

He's due some hate for that stinker he laid today.

stumppy
12-18-2016, 08:15 PM

You continually talk like a shit salesman with a mouthful of samples.

RunKC
12-18-2016, 08:17 PM
Both QBs looked off their game. If you don't think cold weather affects your ability to throw with regularity think again. Same goes for catching the ball. Brett Favre broke more of his receivers' fingers in cold weather than he did in not.

One was playing a top 5 defense. The other was playing a shit secondary

stumppy
12-18-2016, 08:19 PM

Oh oh oh, can I guess ? Can I ? Pick me pick me.

stevieray
12-18-2016, 08:20 PM
You're saying our biggest mistake of the afternoon was not putting our nose tackle in at fullback.

LOL Stop it.

ya, the lead, until the second kick.

ThaVirus
12-18-2016, 08:22 PM
ya, the lead, until the second kick.

Guy threw for like 150 yards against one of the worst secondaries in the league.

He was ass today. If I was grading him he'd get an F.

stevieray
12-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Guy threw for like 150 yards against one of the worst secondaries in the league.

He was ass today. If I was grading him he'd get an F.

doesn't negate the point.

GloryDayz
12-18-2016, 08:25 PM

LOL Stop it.

Perhaps not the biggest, but, but up there with a lot of the obvious mistakes.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 08:38 PM

Yet Smith graded out way above the QB average in his previous 4 games. You really expect him to keep it up EVERY game? I don't. I'm using common sense.
At some point the run game needs to stop being ass and carry their weight.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 08:39 PM
https://s30.postimg.org/o5n0xecu9/Week_15_playoff_Odds.png

RELAX

The Franchise
12-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Yet Smith graded out way above the QB average in his previous 4 games. You really expect him to keep it up EVERY game? I don't. I'm using common sense.

Mariota: 1-0
Smith: 0-1

RealSNR
12-18-2016, 08:41 PM

Because he's usually at fault in those losses.

Again, playing cautious is fine, but then you better be PERFECT. 70% completion, no INTs whatsoever, efficient reads, and getting the ball to open receivers.

Why is it that he and Reid never blow other teams out? This ass shit team is just ASKING to get dickstomped in the playoffs by making the defense do ALL the fucking work in the 2nd halves of games.

SAUTO
12-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Mariota: 1-0
Smith: 0-1

All he does is win, unless he doesn't, then it's someone else's fault...

Rinse, wash, repeat

RunKC
12-18-2016, 08:50 PM
I'm okay with Alex being on the team next year as long as a high investment is sitting behind him being developed.

Don't care anymore. Package picks and get a QB.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Why is it that he and Reid never blow other teams out?

Broncos won the SB last year, right? Did they blow out teams on the regular? Most of their wins were within a 1 score margin.

stumppy
12-18-2016, 08:56 PM
Broncos won the SB last year, right? Did they blow out teams on the regular? Most of their wins were within a 1 score margin.

Nice deflection. You can't answer that question unless you pull Alexs' cock out of your mouth.

notorious
12-18-2016, 08:59 PM
The truly great trolls make it appear as if they believe.

Tiger is a ****ing masterpiece.

Pablo
12-18-2016, 09:02 PM
I'm okay with Alex being on the team next year as long as a high investment is sitting behind him being developed.

Don't care anymore. Package picks and get a QB.I think we will send a fair offer to SF for Kaep. Chiefs style hustling.

stevieray
12-18-2016, 09:02 PM
Because he's usually at fault in those losses.

Again, playing cautious is fine, but then you better be PERFECT. 70% completion, no INTs whatsoever, efficient reads, and getting the ball to open receivers.

Why is it that he and Reid never blow other teams out? This ass shit team is just ASKING to get dickstomped in the playoffs by making the defense do ALL the ****ing work in the 2nd halves of games.

blahblahblah..the defense let the Titans march right down into FG range, and then Reid gave him another kick.

anything before that is irrelevant.

BigBeauford
12-18-2016, 09:03 PM
The truly great trolls make it appear as if they believe.

Tiger is a ****ing masterpiece.

You only think that because you both have cat avatars.

Pablo
Nice deflection. You can't answer that question unless you pull Alexs' cock out of your mouth.

Poor guy finally gets his uncle's family tree out of his mouth and goes right back to the binky with Alex.

notorious
I think we will send a fair offer to SF for Kaep. Chiefs style hustling.

If anything, CP would have burst.

Pablo
12-18-2016, 09:10 PM
If anything, CP would have burst.

Glorious burst. It just wouldn't fucking surprise me with this franchise. So many heads would explode.

Red Dawg
12-18-2016, 09:15 PM
Smith sucks ass and most of us have been saying that for a long time but this team just isn't good enough. The OL can't run block and the defense can't stop the run. That is not a SB type team. Playoffs or no playoffs we are not going to get to the bowl with the gapping flaws we have.

notorious
12-18-2016, 09:16 PM
Glorious burst. It just wouldn't ****ing surprise me with this franchise. So many heads would explode.

Probably won't happen, but I would at least like to experience this place if a solid rumor hit the airwaves. LMAO

TribalElder
12-18-2016, 09:17 PM
We didn't score any points in the second half right?

Offense stayed in the locker room

stumppy
12-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Probably won't happen, but I would at least like to experience this place if a solid rumor hit the airwaves. LMAO

LMAO The meltdown would define 'EPIC".

RealSNR
12-18-2016, 09:27 PM
blahblahblah..the defense let the Titans march right down into FG range, and then Reid gave him another kick.

anything before that is irrelevant.

That's horse shit and you know it.

GloryDayz
12-18-2016, 09:29 PM
All we need on this team is a little more Hunt, Dorsey, Andy and Alex dick smoking...

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/SUwAAOxydlFS5B56/$_35.JPG

Dayze
12-18-2016, 09:29 PM

God forbid if we expect our QB to be consistently above average.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 09:30 PM
Vegas, 538, and NYT peg us in the top four to win the SB....

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-18-2016, 09:31 PM
God forbid if we expect our QB to be consistently above average.

For what he's being paid he's meeting his end of the bargain...