PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ***** 2017 Chiefs Training Camp Megathread *****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

penbrook
08-15-2017, 12:31 PM
Our run game is in serious need of some help. Hope someone burst out the gate to tote the rock

RNR

penbrook
08-15-2017, 12:34 PM
SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL
#Chiefs LB Dee Ford: Realistic number for a pass rusher in the NFL is 23 sacks but I think 25 is possible.

ModSocks
08-15-2017, 12:45 PM
Despite the fact that he's been injured throughout most of his career, he's averaged 750 yards rushing per season along with 37 rushing TD's and 3 receiving TD's.

CJ Spiller has 12 rushing TD's and 9 receiving TD's during that same time span.

I'd take him over West and Spiller in a heartbeat, especially since he'd be the 3rd guy on the depth chart.

Spiller could at least offer some return ability as the 3rd back. I think it was either you or DJ that noted Spiller looked like one of our better return men in the GDT. I agreed.

ModSocks
08-15-2017, 12:48 PM
We have 7m in cap space, a 1-year deal for a player is easily done without hurting us in the future. The question is, Can he help our team win this year?

No thanks.

-King-
08-15-2017, 12:56 PM
So Odell Beckham Jr. is "pretty damn sure-handed."

Yet Travis Kelce is "inconsistent" and just needs to "catch the damn ball."

Could it be that EVERY team has issues with dropped passes and every receiver, even the really good ones, will drop their fair share of stuff thrown their way?

And maybe this notion that all the teams in the NFL have sure-handed receivers but KC's receivers suck at consistently catching the football is... bullshit?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?season=2016&week=100&category=RECEIVING&opp=0&sort=11&qualified=1&sortOrder=0

Uh... Who has said those things?
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
08-15-2017, 01:07 PM
Uh... Who has said those things?
Posted via Mobile Device

People on this forum are always bitching about our receivers not catching the ball. Why do you think this forum was so damn obsessed with Bobby Sippio when they saw one freakin highlight reel of his Arena League career?

Dropped passes are a part of the game and they happen to EVERY team. Every team will occasionally fumble the ball, commit penalties, get injured, etc. They're events of variance, and therefore the majority of teams will fall within a certain standard deviation of the league average in all those categories.

The Chiefs are no different than anybody else in that category. We're not the worst team at dropping shit, and just because we've got one guy who drops shit like Demetrius Harris doesn't mean all the receivers are that bad.

PAChiefsGuy
08-15-2017, 01:13 PM
People on this forum are always bitching about our receivers not catching the ball. Why do you think this forum was so damn obsessed with Bobby Sippio when they saw one freakin highlight reel of his Arena League career?

Dropped passes are a part of the game and they happen to EVERY team. Every team will occasionally fumble the ball, commit penalties, get injured, etc. They're events of variance, and therefore the majority of teams will fall within a certain standard deviation of the league average in all those categories.

The Chiefs are no different than anybody else in that category. We're not the worst team at dropping shit, and just because we've got one guy who drops shit like Demetrius Harris doesn't mean all the receivers are that bad.

Patriot fans were furious w Welker when he dropped that pass from Brady in the SB against the Giants and many wanted him gone despite everything he did for them. Yet according to you drops are OK or no big deal.

F*** outta here w that loser attitude. Drops are not okay. Do they happen? yes but they should not happen the way they have for us in the playoffs. Period.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2017, 01:15 PM
Spiller could at least offer some return ability as the 3rd back. I think it was either you or DJ that noted Spiller looked like one of our better return men in the GDT. I agreed.

Yeah but Mathews offers more, including the ability to score rushing TD's. He scored 8 TD's last year alone, while Spiller has 12 TD's in 7 seasons.

I'd sign him to a Vet Min, incentive laden contract today.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Patriot fans were furious w Welker when he dropped that pass from Brady in the SB against the Giants and many wanted him gone despite everything he did for them. Yet according to you drops are OK or no big deal.

F*** outta here w that loser attitude. Drops are not okay. Do they happen? yes but they should not happen the way they have for us in the playoffs. Period.

Fans are stupid.

Receivers drop balls. Period.

staylor26
08-15-2017, 01:17 PM

And that's why they're just fans. Who gives a shit how they feel?

PAChiefsGuy
08-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Fans are stupid.

Receivers drop balls. Period.

Yeah but it should not happen as often as we do it. We do it way too often.

Period.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2016/

penbrook
08-15-2017, 01:28 PM

Period.

In a playoff game you should not have crucial drops. Look at Kelce and OBJ for example

-King-
08-15-2017, 01:29 PM
In a playoff game you should not have crucial drops. Look at Kelce and OBJ for example

Yeah Giants should probably cut OBJ.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2017, 01:30 PM

Period.

Yet the Raiders average the same number of drops with much better receivers.

Meh.

penbrook
08-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Yeah Giants should probably cut OBJ.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm just saying people want to crown him the best WR when he isn't. He is probably top 5. Brown, Jones, Green, Evans than OBJ

-King-
08-15-2017, 01:53 PM
I'm just saying people want to crown him the best WR when he isn't. He is probably top 5. Brown, Jones, Green, Evans than OBJ

Like I said, he's top 2 or 3. Julio is definitely better. But other than that, only WR comparable is Antonio brown. Rest aren't even close.
Posted via Mobile Device

OldSchool
08-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Like I said, he's top 2 or 3. Julio is definitely better. But other than that, only WR comparable is Antonio brown. Rest aren't even close.
Posted via Mobile Device

If anyone, AJ Green is the most overrated. Still a very good WR, but overrated, IMO.

staylor26
08-15-2017, 02:07 PM
If anyone, AJ Green is the most overrated. Still a very good WR, but overrated, IMO.

Bullshit. He just has the worst QB out of all of the top WR's. He's right there with them though.

rico
08-15-2017, 02:26 PM

Why?

RealSNR
08-15-2017, 04:11 PM

I didn't fucking say drops were okay. Just like I don't think penalties or fumbles are okay. Teams want to avoid that shit. All I'm saying is fans lose their shit way too often when drops do happen. And EVERY team deal with drops.

But let's say we need to get that "loser attitude" out of here. Gotcha. Drops are not okay. Right with ya. So in PAChiefsGuy's world, is shit like THIS okay?

https://i.redd.it/m1nxd4dxd6ay.gif

Ming the Merciless
08-15-2017, 04:19 PM
ChiefsPlanet where haters shit on Alex Smith less than they shit on their buddies dick

boo fucking hoo

go cry moar

PAChiefsGuy
08-15-2017, 04:24 PM
I didn't ****ing say drops were okay. Just like I don't think penalties or fumbles are okay. Teams want to avoid that shit. All I'm saying is fans lose their shit way too often when drops do happen. And EVERY team deal with drops.

But let's say we need to get that "loser attitude" out of here. Gotcha. Drops are not okay. Right with ya. So in PAChiefsGuy's world, is shit like THIS okay?

https://i.redd.it/m1nxd4dxd6ay.gif

Never said it wasn't a bad play. I merely explained why it isn't as bad as some of you morons make it seem.

Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith will make that play this season. Trust me.

RealSNR
08-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Never said it wasn't a bad play. I merely explained why it isn't as bad as some of you morons make it seem.

Alex "All I do is play scared in the playoffs" Smith gets a pass, then? Because it's not as bad as it seems?

And here you told ME to get the fuck out of here with that loser attitude? LMAO LMAO

penbrook
08-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Alex "All I do is play scared in the playoffs" Smith gets a pass, then? Because it's not as bad as it seems?

And here you told ME to get the **** out of here with that loser attitude? LMAO LMAO

I didn't know 12 TDs to 2 INT in 4 playoff games is playing scared?

rico
08-15-2017, 04:28 PM

What makes it worse is that shit like this probably happens a lot, every game for Alex...we just don't have gifs for all of them.

penbrook
08-15-2017, 04:29 PM

He will make the play because he knows Patrick is breathing down his neck. Which I think will be good for Smitty.

Sandy Vagina
08-15-2017, 06:47 PM
He will make the play because he knows Patrick is breathing down his neck. Which I think will be good for Smitty.

Yeah, hope so. Go out with a bang.. or complete collapse as he walks away laughing. Just have fun with it.. try hard.. and wave g'bye. :)

Hydrae
08-15-2017, 06:52 PM
Huh, I came in here thinking there might be camp type updates.

Silly me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-15-2017, 08:58 PM
So Odell Beckham Jr. is "pretty damn sure-handed."

Yet Travis Kelce is "inconsistent" and just needs to "catch the damn ball."

Could it be that EVERY team has issues with dropped passes and every receiver, even the really good ones, will drop their fair share of stuff thrown their way?

And maybe this notion that all the teams in the NFL have sure-handed receivers but KC's receivers suck at consistently catching the football is... bullshit?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?season=2016&week=100&category=RECEIVING&opp=0&sort=11&qualified=1&sortOrder=0

There's a lot of people here that have a very skewed idea of what football is actually about and encompasses.

Nickhead
08-16-2017, 12:53 AM
to be honest, we all rave about those players we watch less as we don't see the local highlights of the dropped passes, so someone like kelce may seem the obvious target the same. but yeah, it is compounded when its the home teams players. :D

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-16-2017, 03:48 AM
This thread is worthless. Fuck all of you.

KChiefs1
08-16-2017, 08:18 AM
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/nflcom_proposes_buffalo_bills_trade_reggie_ragland_to_kansas_city_chiefs.html

Are the Buffalo Bills done wheeling and dealing players? No one knows for sure, but it's clear that Buffalo will listen to offers after trading away Sammy Watkins and Ronald Darby.

NFL.com's Marc Sessler recently proposed seven trades that would make sense for both teams and the writer suggested one trade involving the Bills. Sessler proposed that the Bills send linebacker Reggie Ragland to the Kansas City Chiefs.

"Hand-picked by Rex Ryan, Ragland was identified as an ideal fit for the ex-Buffalo coach's 3-4 scheme. In Sean McDermott's 4-3 operation, though, the hard-hitting Alabama star has failed to click, riding with the third-team defense in recent days. Ragland's rookie season was washed away by a knee injury, but the 2016 second-rounder is filled with promise as an old-school, aggressive defender who fearlessly seeks out ball carriers. I'd love to see him grow in Kansas City, where the team could use an understudy to Derrick Johnson, who turns 35 this November. Few teams do a better job of developing young defenders -- the kind of attention Ragland desperately needs."

Sessler doesn't mention what the Bills would get in exchange from the Chiefs, but Ragland as the heir apparent to Johnson makes sense. Buffalo could look to get offensive tackle depth due to Cordy Glenn's foot soreness or perhaps request safety depth, but the likeliest return for Ragland would be a draft pick. The former Alabama linebacker would most likely land the Bills a day three pick in next year's draft.

Ragland may not be a great fit in Buffalo's 4-3 defense, but the only reason the team should actively look to move the linebacker is if he's unlikely to make the team's 53-man roster.

RealSNR
08-16-2017, 09:37 AM
I'll file that Reggie Ragland trade rumor under "K" for "Kendricks"

The Franchise
08-16-2017, 09:47 AM
Jah Reid for Ragland straight up.

RunKC
08-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Remember that time Tamba called out his teammates and then practice a single time at training camp?

Yeah me too. I almost think that it was intentional for him to not practice. Wouldn't surprise me if Reid told him to stay low for awhile.

NJChiefsFan
08-16-2017, 10:15 AM
You could also point to Fishers crucial hold on the two point try on why we loss. It was a bundle of things that happened

What makes you think this will be the year that Smith wants to push the ball?

penbrook
08-16-2017, 10:19 AM
BJ Kissel @ChiefsReporter
Alex Smith will play first half Saturday, Patrick Mahomes will play the third quarter, and Tyler Bray will play the fourth, per Andy Reid.

BigCatDaddy
08-16-2017, 11:38 AM
Got of risky. Be a shame if he were injured

prhom
08-16-2017, 11:46 AM
BJ Kissel @ChiefsReporter
Alex Smith will play first half Saturday, Patrick Mahomes will play the third quarter, and Tyler Bray will play the fourth, per Andy Reid.

Was hoping Mahomes would get two quarters again, oh well.

Rasputin
08-16-2017, 11:49 AM
This thread is worthless. Fuck all of you.

Are you kidding? The Tweeder feed has been awesome and rich of info and updates throughout TC. This has been my favorite TC thread in years.

Rasputin
08-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Was hoping Mahomes would get two quarters again, oh well.

It would be Awesomeness if he got the two minute drill before halftime.

prhom
08-16-2017, 01:15 PM
It would be Awesomeness if he got the two minute drill before halftime.

Pat Mahomes fact: The NFL Competition Committee is considering a rule change eliminating the two-minute warning before the end of a game because Pat Mahomes ends games whenever he wants and doesn't give warnings.

ptlyon
08-16-2017, 01:19 PM
Pat Mahomes fact: The NFL Competition Committee is considering a rule change eliminating the two-minute warning before the end of a game because Pat Mahomes ends games whenever he wants and doesn't give warnings.

Cool. Maybe he will call it by halftime and we can go back out to the parking lot for cheap food and beer.

thabear04
08-17-2017, 11:07 PM
What happened to the Adopt a Chief: this year did someone forget to make one.

penbrook
08-17-2017, 11:17 PM
What happened to the Adopt a Chief: this year did someone forget to make one.

Mine is Alex Smith :)

saphojunkie
08-18-2017, 01:09 AM

Abort a Chief

Hammock Parties
08-18-2017, 06:31 AM
Abort a Chief

LMAO

I love this place.

I love you.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-18-2017, 06:55 AM

:clap:

kcchiefsus
08-18-2017, 08:13 AM

I'm sure Tiger will fight you for that honor. Perhaps you can see who can suck his dick better.

rico
08-18-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm sure Tiger will fight you for that honor. Perhaps you can see who can suck his dick better.

I think he should go to Sandy since Alex and Sandy are so close that they basically have ESP. That's how deep their interpersonal connection is.

staylor26
08-18-2017, 09:25 AM
Derek Barnett, the former Vols DE that got drafted by the Eagles in the 1st, has a sack in each of his first two games.

I know a lot of us were interested if we missed out on the QB's. He looks like a day 1 starter and impact player.

RunKC
08-18-2017, 09:29 AM
Derek Barnett, the former Vols DE that got drafted by the Eagles in the 1st, has a sack in each of his first two games.

I know a lot of us were interested if we missed out on the QB's. He looks like a day 1 starter and impact player.

They got significantly better this year. That entire DL is awesome and they got Darby.

They are better than the Cowboys IMO.

saphojunkie
08-20-2017, 01:31 PM
LMAO

I love this place.

I love you.

Good times ahead

Rasputin
08-20-2017, 02:16 PM
I want to thank SNR for the Twitter feed and saphojunkie for this utmost awesomeness mega thread :clap:

This was a fun thread lots of info and insight.

It really was exciting to go to camp for the first time and I'm looking forward to doing it next year and annually as long as it stays where it is. I'll get accustom to whereabouts everything is and have a better time and put fishing on the agenda as well.

This thread was like Christmas every day with the Twitter feed seeing how much improvements Patrick Mahomes II made and the team. This is the most excited for Chiefs football I've been in decades knowing we have a bright future now with young talent that is being coached up.

Mega threads have a purpose but somethings can be brought out that deserve their own thread so go with it but this thread brought a lot of energy to Chiefs football discussions.

Thank you for making this happen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-20-2017, 04:12 PM
Sweet lord, let's close this out with some metaphysical mathematics:

Franchise QB in the wings,

+

Hated cast-off on the hot-seat,

Dole-free game days,

= Greatest CP Season EVER.

Black Bob
08-26-2017, 07:39 AM
I read SF might cut Ahmad Brooks to save some money if their young guys work out. If it happens I hope we sign him for depth.

They cut him this morning. I hope we sign him.

KChiefs1
08-26-2017, 07:59 AM

That Eagles game won't be easy.