PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ***** 2017 Chiefs Training Camp Megathread *****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

O.city
08-03-2017, 09:36 PM
It would be absolutely ****ing stupid for the Chiefs trade Smith this season.

Not only has Rothlisberger been injured and on the verge of retiring, Brady is 40 years old. Brady missed 4 games last year. He didn't play 19, he played 15.

That's HUGE.

They won't trade Smith

But if the phins offered up like a 1st or something crazy, they eoild

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Hi Carl!

Carl never signed or drafted a QB that had even close to a 43-21 record

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2017, 09:38 PM
They won't trade Smith

But if the phins offered up like a 1st or something crazy, they eoild

Nah.

He's not expendable to make room for a guy like Wentz, who I loved, BTW, let alone, Mahomes.

Mahomes ceiling is higher than Wentz but his floor is WAY lower.

That's not the move.

Reerun_KC
08-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Carl never signed or drafted a QB that had even close to a 43-21 record

In Hard knocks he always sId he wanted the QB that "gave them the best chance to win now"...

Wanted Down field BigGame over Brokie....

Chiefshrink
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Dolphins fear Ryan Tannehill will need season-ending knee surgery, but no decision on it has been made, sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

Hey there is no structural damage ! What gives ? Oh his knee !!:D

Maybe NFL Dr. McCloud can fill us in on all things NFL knee injuries. Paging Dr. McCloud ! Paging Dr. McCloud !!!:rolleyes:

O.city
Nah.

He's not expendable to make room for a guy like Wentz, who I loved, BTW.

Mahomes ceiling is higher than Wentz but his floor is WAY lower.

That's not the move.

If you could recoop the pick you gave up for Mahomes, you'd have to do it.

There's no chance in hell the dolphins would do that with smiths price tag contractually I doubt

Mahomes isn't ready but andy could hide him for a while til he was. But in the end it doesn't matter so we're kind of blowing smoke here

Chiefshrink
08-03-2017, 09:40 PM
He's not expendable to make room for a guy like Wentz, who I loved, BTW.

Of course you did !!:rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
08-03-2017, 09:41 PM

There's no chance in hell the dolphins would do that with smiths price tag contractually I doubt

Probably not. But it's fun to wish. U loading Smith Nd recouping that 1st round pick for next year. Dream scenario...

KChiefs1
08-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Yeah

Plus as much as we don't like it, it won't hurt Mahomes to watch smith for a year. He's not ready

True...that's why even if the Dolphins offered a 1st I'd have to really think about it.

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2017, 09:42 PM

Nope.

This team, as it stands, is built for the AFC Championship Game.

There is no way Clark approves that move.

None.

O.city
08-03-2017, 09:43 PM
True...that's why even if the Dolphins offered a 1st I'd have to really think about it.

For a first round pick I wouldn't think about it for a second. It'd be done

Reerun_KC
Nope.

None.

So afccg huh? :hmmm:.

DaneMcCloud

Why?

For an unknown college player?

You're going to risk the playoffs and an AFC Championship for that guy?

Which guy, again?

O.city
08-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Nope.

None.

If they really felt that way, I don't think they'd have traded up for the future qb. They'd have gone for the win now ILB or something I'd think.

I would think they feel they're a good team but for a first round pick, they'd do it

DaneMcCloud
For a first round pick I wouldn't think about it for a second. It'd be done

Dumb as fuck.

DaneMcCloud
If they really felt that way, I don't think they'd have traded up for the future qb. They'd have gone for the win now ILB or something I'd think.

I would think they feel they're a good team but for a first round pick, they'd do it

Helium must be a powerful drug

O.city
08-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Helium must be a powerful drug

It's good for blowing up balloons I suppose

Why Not?
1st round pick and Matt Moore, sure. Mahomes should not play this year with the exception of wrap up or mop up

And no way the Chiefs would think about trading Alex this late in the year.

Red Dawg
Trade Smith during camp for damn draft picks? Good lord that would be stupid.

Chiefshrink
08-03-2017, 09:48 PM

None.

How do you know ? Oh I forgot you are in Clark's inner circle. How could I forget !!:rolleyes:

crazycoffey
08-03-2017, 09:51 PM
I'm trying to get my videos as one video on YouTube to share; they're mostly PMII. But a big note from camp - I saw Conley stepping up his leadership role. Talking to other WRs after they dropped a pass, or apparently didn't run the route "right". He even stayed after with PMII, the 4th QB and another young WR. He was coaching up the other WR while the linemen were doing autographs. I really hope he has a good year.

Other than that, more of what Bosschief was saying, DJ was noticeable, Houston and ford were strong on some line drills. Hill is impressive, etc

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2017, 09:51 PM
How do you know ? Oh I forgot you are in Clark's inner circle. How could I forget !!:rolleyes:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WrUSwe-xJWQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Chiefshrink
08-03-2017, 09:54 PM

Look in the mirror "Barney Fife" !! Your narcissism is just outrageous !!:shrug:

Reerun_KC
08-03-2017, 09:55 PM

Dude!! Duck season is just a few months away!!!

Hammock Parties
08-03-2017, 09:57 PM

Where did you get this photo of an Alex Smith deep ball?

Why Not?
08-03-2017, 09:58 PM

Bahahhaha. I don't care who you are, that's funny.

Reerun_KC
08-03-2017, 10:01 PM

I disagree here. He can throw a nice deep ball and is fairly accurate as well.

If he stops playing scared and plays like a man that has a pair of nuts, he can take this team far.

Let's just hope this two non concussios are s thing of the past. This is his last shot, legit shot to be a championship qB...

penbrook
08-03-2017, 10:03 PM
I disagree here. He can throw a nice deep ball and is fairly accurate as well.

If he stops playing scared and plays like a man that has a pair of nuts, he can take this team far.

Let's just hope this two non concussios are s thing of the past. This is his last shot, legit shot to be a championship qB...

This. It's time for him to man up or be the next QB of the Jags

stumppy
08-03-2017, 10:03 PM

Is that duck trying to say something ?

Reerun_KC
08-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Is that duck trying to say something ?

Don't shoot me and grill me Reerun!

stumppy
08-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Don't shoot me and grill me Reerun!

ROFL

Damn duck hunters.

Reerun_KC
08-03-2017, 10:10 PM
ROFL

Damn duck hunters.

:D

Have some great recipes for those tasty little bastards!

BlackOp
08-03-2017, 10:35 PM

You really think KC would trade Smith, a week into camp, for a 1st round pick? Then start a rookie QB that knows about 1/10th of the playbook? Have him play his first ever game on the road against the Patriots...on National TV.

Dude...that has less than a zero chance of ever happening. Wow...

pugsnotdrugs19
08-03-2017, 10:41 PM
The entire reason why people were saying we were the perfect fit for Mahomes was because we could provide the environment and set-up that he needs. No need to mess with that.

As Louis Riddick and Jon Gruden said, give the kid one year to focus on learning the ins and outs of this league. Let him go out there in 2018 with full confidence in his knowledge of the playbook and his checks/progressions. Let Mahomes go out there with the confidence to just play ball.

Trading Alex would let all of that burn up into smoke. There is no way Reid or Veach are considering that.

BlackOp
08-03-2017, 10:52 PM
There is no way Reid or Veach are considering that.

That is an understatement...there is a strong chance Smith is here next year too. Depends on how the season plays out...and where Mahomes is.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-03-2017, 10:57 PM
That is an understatement...there is a strong chance Smith is here next year too. Depends on how the season plays out...and where Mahomes is.

Well, let's not get carried away here... the odds of Smith being here past 2017 are quite slim. But Mahomes does need developmental time, and that is what 2017 should be, ideally.

penbrook
08-03-2017, 11:05 PM

Smith wins a super bowl with the Chiefs he will be here for however long he wants. People want Mahomes to play because he gives you that deep threat. I guarantee if Smith somehow grows a pair this year and throws deep everyone will want him here for awhile

Coach
08-03-2017, 11:17 PM

I can't see that happening, especially with the Chiefs currently have very little cap space, and they don't have to deal with dead money by keeping Smith next year, freeing up a pretty good chunk of change.

Economics will most likely win out here.

BigCatDaddy
08-04-2017, 12:23 AM

Strong? LMAO

penbrook
08-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Strong? LMAO

If Smitty wins a super bowl he's coming back

rico
08-04-2017, 12:35 AM

So.... strong??!?!?

ROFL

BlackOp
08-04-2017, 12:40 AM
So.... strong??!?!?

ROFL

Yeah, history is against KC..no doubt..but to act like they are the Browns with no shot isn't accurate either. They seem to beat the SB representative every year...both in 2014. Broncos in 2015 and Falcons last year.

NFL just gave KC 6 national games...that means, for what ever reason, they want them seen.

Chiefs have always been one or two plays away...refs have played a big part in that.

BigCatDaddy
08-04-2017, 12:46 AM

If.he wins a SB it will be from the sidelines.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 12:59 AM
I guarantee Mahomes won't have the record whenever he starts through his first 4 seasons that Smith has. Smitty is a proven winner. He's won in San Fran and has won in KC. He was a Kyle Williams fumble away from a super bowl. He forced that game into overtime. I don't care if you hate Smitty or not but he always plays his best in the playoffs. It's not his fault Bell ran for 178 yards on the Chiefs last playoff game.

Hammock Parties
08-04-2017, 01:08 AM
I guarantee Mahomes won't have the record whenever he starts through his first 4 seasons that Smith has.

Alex Smith was 11-19 his first four seasons.

Nice try.

BlackOp
08-04-2017, 01:32 AM

Nice try.

That's a disingenuous response.

He was speaking in relation to the Chiefs..not careers. Its a legitimate point...

KC has a new GM...if this season, KC gets to the AFCC game...do you cut the QB? That's a hard sell...

ChiefGator
08-04-2017, 04:15 AM
...do you cut the QB? That's a hard sell...

Hard sell to whom exactly?

If Mahomes is looking better than Smith, it will be obvious to the entire team. And teams are used to change each year anyway.

Nickhead
08-04-2017, 04:25 AM

Nice try.

aaron rodgers first completion was for zero yards :D

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 04:43 AM
Good morning wood

RealSNR
08-04-2017, 05:30 AM
That's a disingenuous response.

He was speaking in relation to the Chiefs..not careers. Its a legitimate point...

KC has a new GM...if this season, KC gets to the AFCC game...do you cut the QB? That's a hard sell...

http://darkroom.baltimoresun.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/BS-sp-super-bowl-2.jpg

rico
08-04-2017, 06:47 AM
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/3e3ed59b111ec1b981dd8e13e2effa919c7f6cea/c=32-0-569-403&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2016/02/02/Tallahassee/B9320758617Z.1_20160202123712_000_GPQDB7CJM.1-0.jpg

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 07:07 AM
This is cool as fuck. Glad to be here.

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 07:17 AM
Tyreek practice fielding punts

ptlyon
08-04-2017, 07:27 AM
I can't see that happening, especially with the Chiefs currently have very little cap space, and they don't have to deal with dead money by keeping Smith next year, freeing up a pretty good chunk of change.

Economics will most likely win out here.

Zactly

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 07:32 AM
Tackling 🍩 drill was Awesomeness

Coogs
08-04-2017, 07:44 AM
We gave up two 2nd rounders to have Alex for 4 years.

Now it probably is not going to happen, but IF Miami offers up a 1st, would Veach pass it up? Could be Veaches biggest decision of his entire career right out of the gate.

Two 2nds AND a 1st for 5 years of Alex.

ptlyon
08-04-2017, 07:48 AM
We gave up two 2nd rounders to have Alex for 4 years.

Now it probably is not going to happen, but IF Miami offers up a 1st, would Veach pass it up? Could be Veaches biggest decision of his entire career right out of the gate.

Two 2nds AND a 1st for 5 years of Alex.

Are you referring to this year or next year? Assuming next.

Titty Meat
08-04-2017, 07:50 AM
It would be absolutely ****ing stupid for the Chiefs trade Smith this season.

Not only has Rothlisberger been injured and on the verge of retiring, Brady is 40 years old. Brady missed 4 games last year. He didn't play 19, he played 15.

That's HUGE.

I think you and I view this team differently. I don't see them as a contender maybe a playoff team. I get why they won'trade Smith with what they currently have they'd risk going 6-10 and they all have jobs to keep unlike everyone on here they would get fired making huge risky decisions that backfire.

Coogs
08-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Are you referring to this year or next year? Assuming next.

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread. Just got in late to last nights discussion. Guys were discussing Miami maybe offering a 1st in next years draft for Smith.

BossChief
08-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Look who's working on sideline...

ptlyon
08-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Sorry, not trying to derail the thread. Just got in late to last nights discussion. Guys were discussing Miami maybe offering a 1st in next years draft for Smith.

Don't want to derail the thread either, but that will never happen. Everyone knows our cap hit, so offering so much would be a stretch at best.

"They'll never go for it! Then again they might, little red devils."

Coogs
08-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Don't want to derail the thread either, but that will never happen. Everyone knows our cap hit, so offering so much would be a stretch at best.

"They'll never go for it! Then again they might, little red devils."

I thought I read a few days ago that a trade... now... of Alex would free up nearly 10 million right away. 7 million in dead money, 10 million in cap space.

ptlyon
08-04-2017, 08:07 AM
I thought I read a few days ago that a trade... now... of Alex would free up nearly 10 million right away. 7 million in dead money, 10 million in cap space.

Oh ok, you did mean this year, as in "pack your shit and get ready for the beach".

Was thinking you meant after the season was over. Sorry.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 08:07 AM
I guarantee Mahomes won't have the record whenever he starts through his first 4 seasons that Smith has. Smitty is a proven winner. He's won in San Fran and has won in KC. He was a Kyle Williams fumble away from a super bowl. He forced that game into overtime. I don't care if you hate Smitty or not but he always plays his best in the playoffs. It's not his fault Bell ran for 178 yards on the Chiefs last playoff game.

I don't care if we win only 9 or 10 games and make the playoffs, I want a QB who makes me feel like we actually have a chance to make a playoff run. Not a game manager who needs everything around him to go perfectly for 3-4 straight games against good teams.

Plain and simple.

BossChief
08-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Mahomes is on the money today

Coogs
08-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Oh ok, you did mean this year, as in "pack your shit and get ready for the beach".

Was thinking you meant after the season was over. Sorry.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Tannyhill went down yesterday. Guys here last night were discussing if Miami would do like Minnesota did last year when they got Bradford right around this point in training camp.

O.city
08-04-2017, 08:13 AM
West hurt again

penbrook
08-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Justin McLuckie @m_c_luckie
Seantavius Jones beats Marcus Peters deep while losing a shoe in 1 on 1s. Got a nice reaction from the crowd. #ChiefsCamp

penbrook
BJ Kissel @ChiefsReporter
#Chiefs safety Eric Murray undercuts a crosser in 1-on-1's and picks off the Patrick Mahomes' pass.

O.city
Kelce not practicing?

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 08:26 AM
BJ Kissel @ChiefsReporter
#Chiefs safety Eric Murray undercuts a crosser in 1-on-1's and picks off the Patrick Mahomes' pass.

If you aren't going to post everything, don't post anything. Trying to force an agenda.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Smith misses badly on a deep post to DeMarcus Robinson, then underthrows Seantavius Jones. Rough series. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) <a href="https://twitter.com/jbbrisco/status/893474973947482113">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alex Smith INT in 7 on 7. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) <a href="https://twitter.com/jbbrisco/status/893470625926459392">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

penbrook
08-04-2017, 08:28 AM
Pete Sweeney @pgsween
This (eventual) front five of Bailey-Logan-Jones-Houston-Ford will rival any team's in the league. Book it.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 08:30 AM
If you aren't going to post everything, don't post anything. Trying to force an agenda.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Smith misses badly on a deep post to DeMarcus Robinson, then underthrows Seantavius Jones. Rough series. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) <a href="https://twitter.com/jbbrisco/status/893474973947482113">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alex Smith INT in 7 on 7. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) <a href="https://twitter.com/jbbrisco/status/893470625926459392">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is someone upset that there boy Mahomes threw a pick?

Coogs
08-04-2017, 08:31 AM

Alex had a rough day yesterday too. I'm guessing we are getting close to Alex being Alex. Check it down, high completion percent, low INT's.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 08:32 AM

No, you dumbass. I don't like that you casually post the tweet about Mahomes throwing a pick (in 1-on-1s :rolleyes:), and completely ignore the tweets about Alex's subpar day.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 08:41 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mahomes to Escobar. Dart. TD. Crowd loved that one.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/893480757188079617">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Shovel pass from Smith to Demetrius Harris for the TD in Redzone work.</p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/893481969086083072">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buckweath
08-04-2017, 08:42 AM
No, you dumbass. I don't like that you casually post the tweet about Mahomes throwing a pick (in 1-on-1s :rolleyes:), and completely ignore the tweets about Alex's subpar day.

? We already know what we have with Alex Smith. We are discovering Mahomes.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 08:46 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mahomes scrambles around in the pocket. Till he finds a window. Orson Charles flashes and Mahomes hits him with a good throw for TD</p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/893482894886412288">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BossChief
08-04-2017, 08:50 AM
Mahomes scored on every opportunity in the red zone.

I got a nice vid of one of them right in front of us.

bigjosh
08-04-2017, 08:56 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/RadioWyatt">@RadioWyatt</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/HeadtoHeadRadio">@HeadtoHeadRadio</a> <br>Matt you&#39;ll like this one, nice. <a href="https://t.co/wdM7lfxHqL">pic.twitter.com/wdM7lfxHqL</a></p>&mdash; Level 4 Sports (@andrehardiman1) <a href="https://twitter.com/andrehardiman1/status/893480993805533184">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 09:07 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Red zone. Alex Smith to Tyreek Hill. TD. Split Peters/Berry.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/893484643772715009">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
08-04-2017, 09:07 AM

Exhibit #1 of why people hate Alex Smith fanbois.

All he does is win! Unless he doesn't win....and then it's not his fault.

It's either a team victory and loss.....or it's all on one person. If you give the win to Smith for the Chargers game in Week 1.....then he takes the loss for the Bucs game because of his INT.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 09:09 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/HeadtoHeadRadio">@HeadtoHeadRadio</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/RadioWyatt">@RadioWyatt</a> <br>I think Chiefs fans will like this look as well, red zone, Mahomes shined. <a href="https://t.co/1D3qDfun5q">pic.twitter.com/1D3qDfun5q</a></p>&mdash; Level 4 Sports (@andrehardiman1) <a href="https://twitter.com/andrehardiman1/status/893483489106046977">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 09:13 AM
<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mahomes scrambling around to find someone. Spots Jehu Chessonin the back corner for a TD. All alone.</p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/893489884698099712">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mahomes' scrambling seems to be opening a lot windows in the RZ.

bigjosh
08-04-2017, 09:14 AM
i cant wait to see mahomes next friday.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 09:15 AM
<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Smith connects with Ty Hill on a deep post route in 9 on 7. Hill can really track it and Smith trusts him</p>&mdash; TerezA. Paylor(@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/893490353956831233">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Alex with deep ball to tyreek. It was nice to see

Halfcan
08-04-2017, 09:16 AM
Terez A. Paylor ✔ @TerezPaylor
Josh Mauga is walking off the field. Looks like he's headed back to the locker room.

Mauga was actually running full speed- it just looked like he was walking.

I will be surprised if he makes the team.

Robm
08-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Should the Chiefs see if the Dolphins are desperate enough to trade a good off for Smith and move forward with Mahomes if KC likes the offer?

The Franchise
08-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Should the Chiefs see if the Dolphins are desperate enough to trade a good off for Smith and move forward with Mahomes if KC likes the offer?

It's not happening.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 09:26 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here&#39;s another rep from Mahomes. <a href="https://t.co/iYYiE2YGRX">pic.twitter.com/iYYiE2YGRX</a></p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/893492989405822977">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Titty Meat
Kelce not practicing?

AP said he hasn't practiced all camp. Dunno if that's true.

Rasputin
I haven't seen Kelce out here that's disappointing

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 09:27 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If Mahomes has one weakness right now, it&#39;s identifying zone coverages. Lot of his PBU &amp; picks come from LB/S he doesn&#39;t pick up yet.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/893493251826757632">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 09:34 AM
Good coverage Mahomes rolls out and improvised side arm but was just short of receiver but it was cool

prhom
08-04-2017, 09:35 AM

I'm pretty certain I've seen his name mentioned making a few plays, but maybe that's wishful thinking. I thought he had been practicing before today.

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Tyreek such a weapon when he is in the line up the defense butt cheeks pucker

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Patrick with a miss but the velocity was incredible. He then completed two in a row

ModSocks
08-04-2017, 09:43 AM

That's not true. There was a play (and picture) earlier this camp of Berry breaking up a pass to Kelce. So he's been out there. Maybe not a lot, but he's been out there at some point.

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 09:45 AM
Alex not so good on couple plays

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 09:49 AM
MVP with coffin corner punt. Indevidual drill

Shag
08-04-2017, 09:56 AM

ROFL Is it also not his fault the Chiefs only scored 16 points? And that they lost to a team in the playoffs that didn't score a TD? Or that he only threw for 172yds? Or this?

https://i.redd.it/m1nxd4dxd6ay.gif

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 09:59 AM
#4 muffed punt. MVP is is looking midseason form

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 09:59 AM
#4 caught that one.

RunKC
08-04-2017, 10:07 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If Mahomes has one weakness right now, it&#39;s identifying zone coverages. Lot of his PBU &amp; picks come from LB/S he doesn&#39;t pick up yet.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/893493251826757632">August 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is one of the hardest parts about being QB. Identifying blitzes and coverages from the defense can be very difficult.

It's the reason why Carr has sucked against us. We always confuse him.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Smith actually trusts Hill with the deep ball. Great sign. Also Harris hasn't dropped a pass yet this camp. He wants to make the team

Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor
Demetrius Harris is quietly having a great camp. Haven't seen him drop a pass. It's like he turned off the "drops open passes" Madden trait.
8:19 AM · Aug 4, 2017

penbrook
08-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Seantavious Jones will make the team. When you're making plays against Peters you are doing something right

saphojunkie
08-04-2017, 10:34 AM
I'm pretty certain I've seen his name mentioned making a few plays, but maybe that's wishful thinking. I thought he had been practicing before today.

Kelce has 100% practiced, as I saw him catch a long pass down the right sideline from Alex.

NJChiefsFan
08-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Smith actually trusts Hill with the deep ball. Great sign. Also Harris hasn't dropped a pass yet this camp. He wants to make the team

Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor
Demetrius Harris is quietly having a great camp. Haven't seen him drop a pass. It's like he turned off the "drops open passes" Madden trait.
8:19 AM · Aug 4, 2017

In one of the most important Chiefs games of the last 25 years last year that simply was not true. I'm gonna need game evidence before I believe a drop of that.

prhom
08-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Seantavious Jones will make the team. When you're making plays against Peters you are doing something right

Could this mean the end of Albert Wilson as a Chief?!

saphojunkie
08-04-2017, 10:44 AM
The Chiefs trading Alex Smith in training camp this year might be the greatest thing I'd ever seen.

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Could this mean the end of Albert Wilson as a Chief?!

Albert Wilson made a great catch with tight coverage. I thought he made nice plays today. Not bad at all.

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 10:54 AM
This was definitely fun and worth the trip going do this every year.

Afraid it's going rain tomorrow and go indoors. So I may just go to KC for some BBQ and then probably go home.

prhom
08-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Albert Wilson made a great catch with tight coverage. I thought he made nice plays today. Not bad at all.

He's made some nice plays for us during his time here but we should have been able to find someone who has better hands and determination by now.

Hammock Parties
08-04-2017, 11:10 AM
65 degree weather for practice tomorrow. Can't wait.

LoneWolf
08-04-2017, 11:16 AM

Bring a rain coat.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 11:17 AM
This is one of the hardest parts about being QB. Identifying blitzes and coverages from the defense can be very difficult.

It's the reason why Carr has sucked against us. We always confuse him.

As is to be expected when jumping from college to the NFL. It's the exact reason why Mahomes needs to sit right now and learn. We'll let the kid see more and more each day on the scout team against a top 5 defense.

Hammock Parties
08-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Bring a rain coat.

The forecast looks like the rain won't start until 10 so I think it should be OK.

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 11:18 AM

Is it going rain?

LoneWolf
08-04-2017, 11:20 AM
The forecast looks like the rain won't start until 10 so I think it should be OK.

I hope you're right. Can you give us an update on how Mahomes is looking? I haven't seen many reports on his play so far. :)

RunKC
08-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Charc West being in the tent injured does not bode well for him. Spiller is having a great camp

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 11:30 AM
I hope you're right. Can you give us an update on how Mahomes is looking? I haven't seen many reports on his play so far. :)

His velocity on throws are impressive.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Charc West being in the tent injured does not bode well for him. Spiller is having a great camp

I'd keep all 4 if Spiller looks good.

raybec 4
08-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Montori Hughes got cut today, our D line is doomed.

ptlyon
08-04-2017, 11:39 AM
In one of the most important Chiefs games of the last 25 years last year that simply was not true. I'm gonna need game evidence before I believe a drop of that.

I think what penbrook meant was that Smith trusts Hill to go balls deep. Right penbrook?

Rasputin
08-04-2017, 11:39 AM
I'd nickname Tyreek The Flash. He will make Super Hero plays.

Marcellus
08-04-2017, 11:42 AM

LMAO

No shit? Who is going to be pissed if they keep Smith for another year if KC wins the SB?

:facepalm:

Capt Obvious.

RunKC
08-04-2017, 11:47 AM
I'd keep all 4 if Spiller looks good.

I agree. Would love to see Tyreek and Spiller in the backfield in specialized plays. Maybe run some pistol.

2 sub 4.3 guys

SAUTO
It would be absolutely fucking stupid for the Chiefs trade Smith this season.

That's HUGE.
He was suspended i thought. I wouldn't count on that happening again

penbrook
LMAO

No shit? Who is going to be pissed if they keep Smith for another year if KC wins the SB?

Capt Obvious.

Most of CP wants Smitty gone regardless if he wins the super bowl or not

Marcellus
08-04-2017, 11:59 AM

Well the thing is, we will never have to worry about having that debate.

RealSNR
08-04-2017, 12:19 PM

You don't think Smith's ass is gone next year if Mahomes is ready? Regardless of the outcome of the season?

RealSNR
08-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Look who's working on sideline...

New game:

Spot the hilarious red penis in the photo

ptlyon
08-04-2017, 12:29 PM
You don't think Smith's ass is gone next year if Mahomes is ready? Regardless of the outcome of the season?

Smith winning the SB was his point

NJChiefsFan
08-04-2017, 12:30 PM

In that hypothetical world I'm all for giving him a sendoff season in 2018.

Speaking of hypothetical situations I don't think the Chiefs trading Smith right now is good short-term for Mahmoes or KC. I would love that 1st round pick back right away but I think making Mahomes earn it is the right thing for the franchise and for him. Less pressure if he earns it vs. being handed it.

Now in a hypothetical world I think there certainly is a point where I trade Smith right now, but I don't think it's realistic that we would get an offer that good. A 1st wouldn't do it in my mind. Now next year that would certainly be enough. Dane pointed out that we could have an even better market for Smith next year.

A little food for thought for the guys that want Smith to fail. It's best for the franchise that Smith stays as is. Gives the roster a chance to play in important games this year while keeping his trade value up. If the FO is as smart as we think and Mahomes progresses, we shouldn't need to see a Smith failure to make a change in 2018.

Sassy Squatch
08-04-2017, 12:34 PM
So is there actually talk of us trading Smith for a 1st rounder or is that just cooler talk?

ptlyon
08-04-2017, 12:36 PM
So is there actually talk of us trading Smith for a 1st rounder or is that just cooler talk?

Cooler talk. Here, have a beer. Don't cost nuttin.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 12:36 PM

It's coder talk. No one outside of CP is saying anything about trading Alex Smith

Buckweath
08-04-2017, 12:53 PM

Fans love rumors but let's be real here, there is absolutely no chance that Smith gets traded and I'd say so even if Mahomes looks like Russell Wilson out there in preseason.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Looks like it may be Cutler to the Dolphins

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
New. Miami Dolphins have already reached out to Jay Cutler

BossChief
08-04-2017, 01:10 PM
It's coder talk. No one outside of CP is saying anything about trading Alex Smith

Wrong

JakeF
08-04-2017, 01:10 PM
I guess it's a board rule if you post anything negative about Mahomes you have to post 2 negative things about Smith.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 01:13 PM
This obsession over Mahomes is ridiculous. Yes he has potential but wait till he plays a game first before people say he's better than Len Dawson. Right now he is the #3 QB. Smith is by far the best QB on the roster and honestly it's not even close. People need to calm down

JakeF
08-04-2017, 01:21 PM
This obsession over Mahomes is ridiculous. Yes he has potential but wait till he plays a game first before people say he's better than Len Dawson. Right now he is the #3 QB. Smith is by far the best QB on the roster and honestly it's not even close. People need to calm down
It's triple fold: Hatred of Smith, excitement about the first 1st rd QB since '83 and passion about the upside about Mahomes' natural ability.

RunKC
08-04-2017, 01:21 PM

Until Alex beats a franchise QB in January as a Chief, Alex fans need to shut the hell up about making a SB with him.

Dayze
08-04-2017, 01:23 PM
It's triple fold: Hatred of Smith, excitement about the first QB we drafted in the first round since '83 and passion about the upside about Mahomes' nature ability.

https://www.familyeducation.com/sites/default/files/styles/slideshow_image_802x451_/public/collection-item/Little_Boy_Bug_Hunting_H.jpg?itok=4a7t_x8d

RealSNR
08-04-2017, 01:33 PM
https://www.familyeducation.com/sites/default/files/styles/slideshow_image_802x451_/public/collection-item/Little_Boy_Bug_Hunting_H.jpg?itok=4a7t_x8d

I picture Alex Smith as the Man Vs. Wild guy, except it isn't more than 5 minutes into the adventure and he goes, "Welp, I need water to survive! Time to start drinking my own urine!" as there's a loud rushing mountain stream like 20 feet away in plain sight

RunKC
08-04-2017, 01:34 PM
If Mahomes looks awesome in preseason and the Dolphins offer a first, you take it. We aren't winning a SB with Alex and the 1st would be more valuable.

Dayze
08-04-2017, 01:34 PM
I picture Alex Smith as the Man Vs. Wild guy, except it isn't more than 5 minutes into the adventure and he goes, "Welp, I need water to survive! Time to start drinking my own urine!" as there's a loud rushing mountain stream like 20 feet away in plain sight

LMAO LMAO LMAO

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 01:35 PM

Who said he was better than Len Dawson? Throwing shit at the wall again? Ah I see.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Wrong

Please show me where they're saying rumors of smith getting traded. Only CP is saying that

JakeF
08-04-2017, 01:50 PM
No obvious errors for Patrick Mahomes II in latest Chiefs practice
2:00 PM CT Adam Teicher ESPN Staff Writer

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs rookie quarterback Patrick Mahomes II bounced back Friday. A day after throwing an interception in his first competitive practice, Mahomes had no such obvious errors as he completed 10 of 14 passes in full team drills and 8 of 11 in 7-on-7 drills.

Wow moment: Mahomes didn’t have one, though he did fire a touchdown pass to tight end Gavin Escobar. He also was less inclined to force the ball into coverage, as he had been doing at times earlier in camp.

Whoa moment: Mahomes again underestimated the playmaking ability of linebacker Reshard Cliett. Cliett covered a lot of ground to break up a pass during a 7-on-7 drill. Cliett did the same thing against Mahomes in offseason practice and that play resulted in an interception.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Please show me where they're saying rumors of smith getting traded. Only CP is saying that

It was up there in the tweets that Miami has offered a 2018 2nd and a conditional for Smith,

ottawa_chiefs_fan
08-04-2017, 02:08 PM

why do you even watch if you give up before the first pre-season game? Being a fan like that just totally escapes me....why even bother?

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2017, 02:10 PM
It was up there in the tweets that Miami has offered a 2018 2nd and a conditional for Smith,

That was a poll by a local reporter asking if the Chiefs should trade Smith IF Miami offered a 2nd and a 5th.

It's not an actual thing.

Furthermore, Gase and Smith don't seem like a good match.

sedated
08-04-2017, 02:13 PM
That was a poll by a local reporter asking if the Chiefs should trade Smith IF Miami offered a 2nd and a 5th.

It's not an actual thing.

I skimmed something on twitter so it must be fact.

Bewbies
08-04-2017, 02:23 PM
I skimmed something on twitter so it must be fact.

When you search 'Alex Smith' the first result is 'Alex Smith Dolphins' :D

Now please excuse me. I don't want to rush Mahomes, but the thought of trading Smith has given me wood.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2017, 02:25 PM
When you search 'Alex Smith' the first result is 'Alex Smith Dolphins' :D

Now please excuse me. I don't want to rush Mahomes, but the thought of trading Smith has given me wood.

You should consult a Dr if wood becomes long term woodage.

Red Dawg
08-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Mahomes will grow to be a bad ass.

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Smith is a bad fit for Gase's offense.

Osweiler to Miami makes much more sense than Alex Smith.

JakeF
08-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Mahomes will grow to be a bad ass.
Good chance, as long as we don't screw it up.

RealSNR
08-04-2017, 02:32 PM

No deal. They can pay 2 2nds just like we had to fucking do.

Discuss Thrower
08-04-2017, 02:33 PM
No deal. They can pay 2 2nds just like we had to fucking do.

Sam Bradford trade tho..

Bewbies
08-04-2017, 02:35 PM
You should consult a Dr if wood becomes long term woodage.

I'll be in the 4 hour range when the rumors become more official. :eek:

penbrook
08-04-2017, 02:37 PM

No it wasn't!! It was a poll. I didn't know polls were facts now. Was this the same pol that said Hillary Clinton would be president?

Bewbies
08-04-2017, 02:47 PM
No it wasn't!! It was a poll. I didn't know polls were facts now. Was this the same pol that said Hillary Clinton would be president?

triggered.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wfRmc27lS88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
08-04-2017, 02:51 PM
LMAO

Best election ever.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 02:52 PM
triggered.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wfRmc27lS88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

Coogs
08-04-2017, 03:01 PM
I heard a discussion on 610 about this topic a couple of hours ago, so it is not just here.

Marcellus
08-04-2017, 03:03 PM
why do you even watch if you give up before the first pre-season game? Being a fan like that just totally escapes me....why even bother?

I spent $400+ and drove 3 hours in freezing rain to watch Smith shit his pants against the Steelers in the playoffs.

Kiss my ass.

Hammock Parties
08-04-2017, 03:05 PM
I spent $400+ and drove 3 hours in freezing rain to watch Smith shit his pants against the Steelers in the playoffs.

Kiss my ass.

Nothing like a Chiefs fan scorned.

It warms the cockles of my black heart.

Pablo
08-04-2017, 03:07 PM

Kiss my ass.

Poor bastard. That was not a nice day trip up to KC. I do remember feeling sorry for all the fuckers out there in the stands watching six field goals beat us. Just another day in the life of a Chiefs fan.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Poor bastard. That was not a nice day trip up to KC. I do remember feeling sorry for all the ****ers out there in the stands watching six field goals beat us. Just another day in the life of a Chiefs fan.

If only we had a run D and didn't allow Bell to have 178 yards rushing things would be different.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 03:14 PM
If only we had a run D and didn't allow Bell to have 178 yards rushing things would be different.

If only we had a QB who could throw to wide open WRs, several times. You can't seriously be this f**king stupid?

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:16 PM
If only we had a QB who could throw to wide open WRs, several times. You can't seriously be this f**king stupid?

You can't put all the blame of Smitty

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 03:17 PM
You can't put all the blame of Smitty

You can't put all the blame on the run defense when they didn't even allow a touchdown. NOT A DAMN TOUCHDOWN.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:18 PM
You can't put all the blame on the run defense when they didn't even allow a touchdown. NOT A DAMN TOUCHDOWN.

I'm not putting all the blame on the run D or Smitty. But you can't tell me that the Run D wasn't one of the reasons why we lost

Coogs
08-04-2017, 03:24 PM

If only the punt returner hadn't fumbled twice, the 49ers would have beat the G-men. I used to believe that too!

I now understand what the 1 for 13 on third down side of the arguement was saying. It is who Alex is.

BigCatDaddy
Sounds like a Flynn/Wilson situation coming up.

pugsnotdrugs19
I'm not putting all the blame on the run D or Smitty. But you can't tell me that the Run D wasn't one of the reasons why we lost

Exact quote from your post just minutes ago:

Not a single mention of Alex missing multiple wide open receivers throughout that game, even though that is what all of the analysts point to as the primary reason for the loss (Chris Simms, Baldinger, etc.)

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Sounds like a Flynn/Wilson situation coming up.

Not even close! Flynn played 2 good games and got offered a contract. Smith is a proven winner and has been to the playoffs. Mahomes has yet to take a single snap in any meaningful game

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:27 PM
If only the punt returner hadn't fumbled twice, the 49ers would have beat the G-men. I used to believe that too!

I now understand what the 1 for 13 on third down side of the arguement was saying. It is who Alex is.

He also drove his team down the field and hit Vernon Davis for a td with about 10 seconds left when it was fourth down. The biggest pair of balls I have seen from Smith

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:28 PM
Exact quote from your post just minutes ago:

Not a single mention of Alex missing multiple wide open receivers throughout that game, even though that is what all of the analysts point to as the primary reason for the loss (Chris Simms, Baldinger, etc.)

You could also point to Fishers crucial hold on the two point try on why we loss. It was a bundle of things that happened

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 03:28 PM
He also drove his team down the field and hit Vernon Davis for a td with about 10 seconds left when it was fourth down. The biggest pair of balls I have seen from Smith

You've went full Tiger. Never go full Tiger.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Bout time for the barrage of Smith gifs from the playoff gaffe...

BigCatDaddy
08-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Not even close! Flynn played 2 good games and got offered a contract. Smith is a proven winner and has been to the playoffs. Mahomes has yet to take a single snap in any meaningful game

So you dont want to win a SB?

Coogs
08-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Don't think so.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201201220sfo.htm

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:32 PM
So you dont want to win a SB?

Who even says Mahomes will win a super bowl?

BigCatDaddy
08-04-2017, 03:34 PM

All reports from camp say he is the most talented QB there.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:36 PM
All reports from camp say he is the most talented QB there.

Really because Terez, Sweeney and BJ say otherwise.

Coogs
08-04-2017, 03:36 PM
He may not. But his odds are much better as of right now. Alex is on his last shot. Mahomes could have 15 or so chances ahead of him.

BigCatDaddy
08-04-2017, 03:37 PM

Link?

Discuss Thrower
08-04-2017, 03:38 PM

40% of 49er drives ending after three plays and a punt.

Nope. Totally Kyle Williams' fault.

The Franchise
Don't think so.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26AHvF2p5pridaSf6/giphy.gif

penbrook
The one thing Smith does well is he able to read defenses and make pre snap adjustments. Mahomes so far who knows but he needs work.

The Franchise
The one thing Smith does well is he able to read defenses and make pre snap adjustments. Mahomes so far who knows but he needs work.

ROFL

RunKC
08-04-2017, 03:39 PM
This is the most disappointing year ever for the AFC. It's almost a foregone conclusion that the Patriots make the SB again unless Brady gets hurt.

Tannehill is done and the rest of the division dusks so that's 6 wins alone. Brady never losses at home so that's 6 games. They have their best offense ever IMO.

Think about this. Brady has made the SB in 46% of his years starting healthy for the Pats. There's a better chance that Tom Brady makes the SB than Steph Curry has making a 3 point shot.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Don't think so.

But it's true!!! Best chance ever!

Reerun_KC
08-04-2017, 03:40 PM

ROFL

ModSocks
08-04-2017, 03:40 PM

No they didn't. They said Alex is having the best camp. Which is to be expected considering the inexperience of the other 3 QB's on the roster.

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2017, 03:41 PM
40% of 49er drives ending after three plays and a punt.

Nope. Totally Kyle Williams' fault.

Against the best defense in the NFL.

The 49ers scored as many points as the New England Patriots did in the Super Bowl vs. the Giants.

Williams fumbled twice, the final time in Giants territory, so yeah.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:43 PM
This is the most disappointing year ever for the AFC. It's almost a foregone conclusion that the Patriots make the SB again unless Brady gets hurt.

Tannehill is done and the rest of the division dusks so that's 6 wins alone. Brady never losses at home so that's 6 games. They have their best offense ever IMO.

Think about this. Brady has made the SB in 46% of his years starting healthy for the Pats. There's a better chance that Tom Brady makes the SB than Steph Curry has making a 3 point shot.

All Russell Westbrook FG % is 43%. So just think Brady has a higher chance of making the super bowl than Westbrook does making a shot period

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2017, 03:43 PM
No they didn't. They said Alex is having the best camp. Which is to be expected considering the inexperience of the other 3 QB's on the roster.

Terez was visibly pissed off when someone asked if the Chiefs trade Smith to the Dolphins in their Facebook Live chat yesterday.

He was so steamed that he said to Vahe and Blair "One of you fellas take this question".

It's stupid. The Chiefs aren't trading Alex Smith this preaseason.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Terez was visibly pissed off when someone asked if the Chiefs trade Smith to the Dolphins in their Facebook Live chat yesterday.

He was so steamed that he said to Vahe and Blair "One of you fellas take this question".

It's stupid. The Chiefs aren't trading Alex Smith this preaseason.

I doubt they trade him eaither. But its funny as shit to watch the Alex homers menstruation cycles go off the charts at the possibility....

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:47 PM
I doubt they trade him eaither. But its funny as shit to watch the Alex homers menstruation cycles go off the charts at the possibility....

It's not even a slight of possibility

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2017, 03:48 PM

The Dolphins aren't an Alex Smith away from the Super Bowl, so there's no reason to think they'd give up 1st and 2nd rounders for him, especially since he's under contract for only 2 more seasons and will be 34 next year.

If Cutler doesn't unretire (and I'm better he won't), Osweiler, McCarron or someone else's backup makes more sense than Smith, because he doesn't fit the Gase offense.

Hell, Mike Glennon would be a better and more logical trade target.

Coogs
08-04-2017, 03:48 PM
I doubt they trade him either. But if the Dolphins call and offer a 1st... :shrug:

ModSocks
08-04-2017, 03:49 PM
I doubt they trade him either. But if the Dolphins call and offer a 1st... :shrug:

Keep dreaming. They're not paying a 1st for a 1 year rental.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:49 PM

Dolphins have already called Cutler and Jeff Darlington said on NFL Live that he believes Cutler would be a perfect fit because he has worked with Gase before

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:50 PM

He's signed for 2 years

eDave
08-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Keep dreaming.

Coogs
08-04-2017, 03:51 PM

They were talking about it on the radio,610, just like we are here. This is just not a CP thing.

No one thinks it will happen. Just hypothetical.

penbrook
08-04-2017, 03:52 PM
They were talking about it on the radio,610, just like we are here. This is just not a CP thing.

It's just hypothetical until Nick Athan says otherwise.

Discuss Thrower
08-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Against the best defense in the NFL.

The 49ers scored as many points as the New England Patriots did in the Super Bowl vs. the Giants.

Williams fumbled twice, the final time in Giants territory, so yeah.

25th in points allowed, 19th in rushing defense, 29th in pass defense and 8th in takeaways. (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/opp.htm)

12th/16th in DVOA and late-season weighted DVOA respectively. (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/final-2011-dvoa-ratings)

I get the argument for saying it's an above average defense at worst, but to say they were the best by most objective measures doesn't follow.

PAChiefsGuy
08-04-2017, 04:02 PM

He was a great game manager who was clutch for his first three SBs (2001,2003,2004). Look at his stats.

2001 - 63.9 comp %, 2,814 yds, 18 TDs, 12 INTs, 86.5 Rate
2003 - 60.9 compl %, 3620 yds, 23 TDs, 12 INTs, 85.9 Rate
2004 - 60.8 compl %, 3692 yds, 28 TDs, 14 INTs, 92.6 Rate

Nothing spectacular there. They won mostly because of their D back then. Now they win mostly because of their O but their D is still very good (#8 in total yds, #1 in league ppg last year giving up just 15.6 ppg).

Pats are more than just Tom Brady. Obviously he is the main reason but there is a lot of reasons for the Pats success. It isn't just him. They went 11-5 with Matt Cassell as their QB not that long ago.

Team game. So it is not a forgone conclusion that they will win. There's a lot that can happen. Maybe their D or Oline sucks this year and if that is the case they won't win again. So you never know.

25th in points allowed, 19th in rushing defense, 29th in pass defense and 8th in takeaways. (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/opp.htm)

12th/16th in DVOA and late-season weigthed DVOA respectively/ (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/final-2011-dvoa-ratings)

I get the argument for saying it's an above average defense at worst, but to say they were the best by most objective measures doesn't follow.

Their D, particularly their Dline, was never healthy until the playoffs. Once they were they shut down everyone including offenses led by Matt Ryan, Rodgers and Brady.

BigCatDaddy
08-04-2017, 04:08 PM
All Russell Westbrook FG % is 43%. So just think Brady has a higher chance of making the super bowl than Westbrook does making a shot period

I think you stole that tweet from Stephen a Smith. Wrong sport bro

penbrook
08-04-2017, 04:09 PM
I think you stole that tweet from Stephen a Smith. Wrong sport bro

I'm comparing the two

Hammock Parties
08-04-2017, 04:09 PM

Nothing spectacular there.

This is incorrect.

In 2003 Brady was 6th in the league in passing, 10th in TDs and had SEVEN game-winning drives.

In 2004 he was 10th in the league in passing, 6th in TDs, 9th in yards per attempt and 5th in yards per completion.

Those aren't game manager numbers. Those are top ten passing numbers.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-04-2017, 04:12 PM
This is incorrect.

In 2003 Brady was 6th in the league in passing, 10th in TDs and had SEVEN game-winning drives.

In 2004 he was 10th in the league in passing, 6th in TDs, 9th in yards per attempt and 5th in yards per completion.

Those aren't game manager numbers. Those are top ten passing numbers.

60% completion and a 2:1 TD ratio is absolute shit compared to what he put up 5 years later.

Move along.

BigCatDaddy
08-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Not sure why so many people have a vested interest in a mediocre QB been the best guy on the field

ModSocks
08-04-2017, 04:16 PM
He's signed for 2 years

Missed my point.

Tannehill has a $96 Million contract that pays him through 2020.

Like i said, Smith would be a 1 year rental.

ModSocks
08-04-2017, 04:18 PM

It doesn't make a lick of sense for the Dolphins, and he's too valuable for the Chiefs to let him go for any less than a 2nd this season.

Fun to think about? Sure. But not grounded in reality.

bigjosh
08-04-2017, 04:19 PM
60% completion and a 2:1 TD ratio is absolute shit compared to what he put up 5 years later.

Move along.

The NFL has changed a lot in the last 15 years buddy.

5000 yards in a season was unheard of just a few years ago. Now there is someone doing it every season. cant compare stats from when they allowed defense to play to stats in 2017.

Hammock Parties
08-04-2017, 04:19 PM

Move along.

TOP TEN passing numbers.

Facts, not fiction.

Brady's prolific passing was a huge part of those championship teams in 2003 and 2004.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-04-2017, 04:26 PM
TOP TEN passing numbers.

Facts, not fiction.

Brady's prolific passing was a huge part of those championship teams in 2003 and 2004.

Prolific passing? 226 yards a game is prolific??? ROFL

Shut the hell up , Geno.

Coogs
08-04-2017, 04:26 PM
It doesn't make a lick of sense for the Dolphins, and he's too valuable for the Chiefs to let him go for any less than a 2nd this season.

Fun to think about? Sure. But not grounded in reality.

I was just listening.

Hammock Parties
08-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Prolific passing? 226 yards a game is prolific??? ROFL

Shut the hell up , Geno.

In 2003 and 2004, those were top ten passing numbers.

You apparently have no clue about the rules changes to the passing game that made everything explode in the last 10 years.

RunKC
08-04-2017, 04:28 PM
He was a great game manager who was clutch for his first three SBs (2001,2003,2004). Look at his stats.

Nothing spectacular there. They won mostly because of their D back then. Now they win mostly because of their O but their D is still very good (#8 in total yds, #1 in league ppg last year giving up just 15.6 ppg).

Pats are more than just Tom Brady. Obviously he is the main reason but there is a lot of reasons for the Pats success. It isn't just him. They went 11-5 with Matt Cassell as their QB not that long ago.

Team game. So it is not a forgone conclusion that they will win. There's a lot that can happen. Maybe their D or Oline sucks this year and if that is the case they won't win again. So you never know.

Their D, particularly their Dline, was never healthy until the playoffs. Once they were they shut down everyone including offenses led by Matt Ryan, Rodgers and Brady.

Brady from years ago isn't playing today and if he was playing against his older self on a loaded team this year, he'd lose.

The Franchise
08-04-2017, 04:30 PM

Funny that Smith has never eclipsed 3600 yards....in his career......ever.

Hammock Parties
I mean Brady had to throw for 354 yards and 3 TD to beat the Panthers in the Super Bowl, and the next season he had to put up 24 points without much of a running game to beat Philly, but yeah, those teams were all defense.

The Franchise
Or 28 TDs. ROFL

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 04:31 PM

The league has changed a ton in the past several years. Everyone's stats have inflated in terms of QB play. Why do you think the sport is as popular as ever?

If Brady was top 10 in those categories, he was clearly a really productive QB at the time.

The Franchise
08-04-2017, 04:33 PM

The league has changed a ton in the past several years. Everyone's stats have inflated in terms of QB play.

Alex Smith missed that memo.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-04-2017, 04:34 PM
In 2003 and 2004, those were top ten passing numbers.

You apparently have no clue about the rules changes to the passing game that made everything explode in the last 10 years.

When there was absolute shit going around for quarterbacks in the league.

That's paltry. Look up steve young and see what he was doing the decade prior.

Move along, Geno.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Tom Brady was far better in the second half of his career. End of story.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Tom Brady was far better in the second half of his career. End of story.

Don't all QBs get a little better with age?... I mean if we look around the league, it holds true for almost all of them.

Yet Brady's stats from the early 2000s that you frown upon are still better than Smith at his best. :facepalm:

Hammock Parties
08-04-2017, 04:45 PM
When there was absolute shit going around for quarterbacks in the league.

Are you brain dead?

Peyton Manning
Daunte Culpepper
Donovan McNabb
Brett Favre
Tom Brady
Trent Green
Drew Brees
Matt Hasselbeck
Ben Roethlisberger
Carson Palmer

There was a LOT of QB talent in the league back then. When former Super Bowl QBs like Drew Bledsoe were the mediocre QBs of the day you know it was more than fine.

You're just digging some idiotic hole deeper for god knows what reason.

Why tear down Brady's top ten passing seasons? What's the point?

SAUTO
08-04-2017, 04:46 PM
I thought this was the fucking training camp thread.

Hammock Parties
08-04-2017, 04:49 PM
I thought this was the fucking training camp thread.

You can blame PAChiefsGuy.

eDave
08-04-2017, 05:09 PM
You can blame PAChiefsGuy.

You are all acting like god damned children. This thread has gone to shit and it all of ya'll's fault.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2017, 05:16 PM
You are all acting like god damned children. This thread has gone to shit and it all of ya'll's fault.

Hurtful

PAChiefsGuy
08-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Back on topic

Training camp is hard for me to get excited about because if one player looks good it means in a sense another one of our players is looking bad.

I am glad to hear Mahomes, DJ, Alex Smith and Tyreek Hill are all doing well. Hope they keep it up. I'd like to hear more about Beenie Logan but I understand it's probably hard for dlineman to show much in training camp.

Ahhhh when does regular season start again?

New World Order
08-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Back on topic

Training camp is hard for me to get excited about because if one player looks good it means in a sense another one of our players is looking bad.

I am glad to hear Mahomes, DJ, Alex Smith and Tyreek Hill are all doing well. Hope they keep it up. I'd like to hear more about Beenie Logan but I understand it's probably hard for dlineman to show much in training camp.

Everyone is anticipating preseason to see our future football savior, Mahomes.

PAChiefsGuy
08-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Everyone is anticipating preseason to see Mahomes.

That's great but I'm excited to see everyone including Alex Smith and our defense. Not just Mahomes.

eDave
08-04-2017, 05:25 PM
That's great but I'm excited to see everyone including Alex Smith and our defense. Not just Mahomes.

Well then watch that.

mdchiefsfan
08-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Well then watch that.

LMAO

Reerun_KC
08-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Well then watch that.

ROFL

Reerun_KC
08-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Back on topic

I'm looking forward to more training camp and pre season games.... Dreading the regular season and so ready for 2018.

PAChiefsGuy
08-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Well then watch that.

I plan to. You got a problem with that?

Reerun_KC
08-04-2017, 05:34 PM
I plan to. You got a problem with that?

I doubt many give a shit if you sit and watch paint dry to be honest...