PDA

View Full Version : MU ****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

DJ's left nut
12-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Brady Cook is the top rated QB in the state next year and has already committed to Missouri.

At first blush Cook doesn't jump out.

But after the Mertz fiasco, they aren't talking chances. If there's a rising 3 star junior their gonna jump all over him in case that senior break out makes them look like dicks again.

Gonna end up with more Powell's than Locks, but they only need every third guy to hit...

It's hard to overstate how poor a job they've done with QBs since Odom was hired. Bryant is a stay of execution but Bazelak had better be a ballplayer...

Mike in SW-MO
12-04-2018, 07:25 PM
Well that's encouraging.

Pitt Gorilla
12-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Should it have taken 3 years to finally get a win against a ranked opponent?

No, asking for the occasional quality victory isn't too terribly much. That win was little more than "about !@#$ing time..." and doesn't do much of anything to erase the abortions at SC or against KY.

I'm not even as inclined as most are to give him a pass for UGA. Mizzou had as much talent on the field as Georgia that day and just kept shooting themselves in the foot.

But I tell ya what - if Odom can MAINTAIN the talent at this level, okay. That's a team with an annual 7 win floor with 11 win and conference championship potential. He'll coach them into 2 losses most seasons, but the talent level is there to hang with anyone.

I just don't think he has the recruiting chops to keep this up. It doesn't matter what I think - he's getting extended. At this point the only real question to ask is who turns out to be correct...he replaced lock and hall in a single day. I know it’s only a year, but those guys could have gone just about anywhere. Odom brought them to Mizzou.

Titty Meat
12-04-2018, 10:37 PM
At first blush Cook doesn't jump out.

But after the Mertz fiasco, they aren't talking chances. If there's a rising 3 star junior their gonna jump all over him in case that senior break out makes them look like dicks again.

Gonna end up with more Powell's than Locks, but they only need every third guy to hit...

It's hard to overstate how poor a job they've done with QBs since Odom was hired. Bryant is a stay of execution but Bazelak had better be a ballplayer...

Can you expand more on Mertz? I'm good friends with a coach of his. Basically Wisconsin was the first to identify him and hes a loyal kid. He wasnt going to budge unless Stanford offered.

Titty Meat
12-04-2018, 10:40 PM
he replaced lock and hall in a single day. I know it’s only a year, but those guys could have gone just about anywhere. Odom brought them to Mizzou.

This will likely get me banned from the thread but here it is... Bryant is a better fit FOR THE COLLEGE GAME. Hell of a get by Odom.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2018, 04:14 AM
I don't think they really replaced Hall. He's as good of a deep threat as they've ever had.

duncan_idaho
12-05-2018, 06:19 AM
Yeah, Nance is not a hall replacement. He’s a experienced vet who can fill the role Nate Brown did this year.

They’ll need one of the young guys - Kam Scott, Jaylen Knox - to take a step forward as a playmaker.

Even so they’ll miss Hall. Bryant is not a big downfield thrower, though, from what I can tell.

DJ's left nut
12-05-2018, 08:02 AM
he replaced lock and hall in a single day. I know it’s only a year, but those guys could have gone just about anywhere. Odom brought them to Mizzou.

You're overstating Nance's ability.

If he catches more than 20 passes next year it's a bad sign for the rest of the offense. We have 3 and maybe 4 guys with more raw talent than him already on the roster and a couple of incoming freshman that probable do as well.

He's not even the talent Darius White was and White had a transfer season and 2 full seasons after that to finally get to 30 catches as a SR. Nance had 1 catch in 4 games this year.

Ideally he's 4th on the depth chart; maybe the #2 at the X or something. We don't want him being more than that.

DJ's left nut
12-05-2018, 08:06 AM
Can you expand more on Mertz? I'm good friends with a coach of his. Basically Wisconsin was the first to identify him and hes a loyal kid. He wasnt going to budge unless Stanford offered.

That's basically it.

Looked like a basic 3 star kid but was the best QB in the area. Mizzou ignored him, Wisconsin didn't and as a SR he exploded.

Had mizzou done with him what they're doing with Cook, we'd have arguably the best QB recruit in the nation on campus next year. A Lock level prospect anyway.

Mizzou's staff was lazy and complacent with a local kid and it burned them.

kchero
12-05-2018, 08:47 AM
That's basically it.

Looked like a basic 3 star kid but was the best QB in the area. Mizzou ignored him, Wisconsin didn't and as a SR he exploded.

Had mizzou done with him what they're doing with Cook, we'd have arguably the best QB recruit in the nation on campus next year. A Lock level prospect anyway.

I’ve heard this from some KC area football coaches that currently have legitimate division 1 recruits playing for them. Odom’s team has had little presence in KC.

bowener
12-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Is Bryant legit enough of a player that Mizzou could potential sneak a victory away from Bama in the SEC Championship? Bama always seems to have a game a season where they don't play to their full potential and it bites them in the ass with a loss they shouldn't have taken.

OmahaChief
12-05-2018, 09:40 AM
Is Bryant legit enough of a player that Mizzou could potential sneak a victory away from Bama in the SEC Championship? Bama always seems to have a game a season where they don't play to their full potential and it bites them in the ass with a loss they shouldn't have taken.

No. Mizzou D could not get enough stops on the Bama O to make that happen not matter how good Bryant is. Lock is the better QB and he could not get it done.

DJ's left nut
12-05-2018, 09:41 AM
I’ve heard this from some KC area football coaches that currently have legitimate division 1 recruits playing for them. Odom’s team has had little presence in KC.

They seem to be operating under the presumption that they're just going to be in on anybody from KC given the down nature of the Kansas programs.

But they're ignoring the fact that the top talent in the area is getting pursued by the Big 10 and other B12 schools as well. Maybe losing Finley's ties in TX will convince them that they need to strengthen some local ties as well.

It's been frustrating to see their relative lack of success in locking down their own borders. They have a lot of advantages there that they're not using well at all.

Sassy Squatch
12-05-2018, 09:41 AM
LMAO We couldn't even beat Kentucky in that scenario with a better QB.

DJ's left nut
12-05-2018, 09:45 AM
No. Mizzou D could not get enough stops on the Bama O to make that happen not matter how good Bryant is. Lock is the better QB and he could not get it done.

Lock's a different QB but in some ways Bryant can be better than him.

Lock's more aggressive; makes more splash plays but also more poor decisions. Now against 'Bama maybe that's the better route, but Bryant's less likely to make those god-awful decisions that we've seen from Lock too often.

Lock's a better pro prospect for sure, but Bryant could easily be as good or better as a college QB. Mizzou's not going into Alabama and beating them. Ever. But on a neutral site with a couple of good breaks, they could steal one. Again - they played Georgia to a near draw and just made too many mistakes in the process. They had the talent to win that game, they just didn't play their best game. And Georgia had 'Bama on the ropes.

If someone like Johnson or Knox takes a step forward, Albert O comes back and the DBs develop just a little more - they'd be in a situation where their BEST game could be Alabama if Alabama wasn't in top form. It's not likely, but its not impossible.

The problem is that they have GA on the road next year. That's going to be a huge hurdle for them.

DJ's left nut
12-05-2018, 09:48 AM
LMAO We couldn't even beat Kentucky in that scenario with a better QB.

They didn't beat Kentucky. But they absolutely could have. And there's no question that they SHOULD have.

Again - the question is whether or not Mizzou could go steal one; not if they'd simply be the better team. Can Mizzou go out there with a little development and take that squad, play their best game and beat 'Bama? No, not if 'Bama plays their best game as well. But if they aren't sharp? Sure, that could happen. Especially if they can somehow get Graves in here and he gives them the pass rush and ability to create problems on the DL that they'll lose with Beckner leaving.

I'd say it puts them in the conversation as among the top 20 teams in the nation heading into next season. When you're there, you're one or two breakout players away from being a top 10 squad. If you're a top 10 squad, you can beat anyone in the country if you're playing your best game and they aren't on top of theirs.

kchero
12-05-2018, 10:27 AM
They seem to be operating under the presumption that they're just going to be in on anybody from KC given the down nature of the Kansas programs.

But they're ignoring the fact that the top talent in the area is getting pursued by the Big 10 and other B12 schools as well. Maybe losing Finley's ties in TX will convince them that they need to strengthen some local ties as well.

It's been frustrating to see their relative lack of success in locking down their own borders. They have a lot of advantages there that they're not using well at all.

It perplexes me because regardless of the level of program your number one priority in recruiting should be to lock down your home state....especially a state like Missouri, which has legit high school talent every year.

O.city
12-05-2018, 10:28 AM
So, is Beckner an option for the Chiefs in the draft?

DJ's left nut
12-05-2018, 10:33 AM
So, is Beckner an option for the Chiefs in the draft?

He should be. I'm not sure he got himself into 1st round consideration and by the 2nd round weird stuff just happens; guys slide sometimes and you can't figure out why.

If he fell to one of the picks in the 2nd I'd take him in a heartbeat. What would worry me about him in the 1st is that there's some Jones in his game; disappears for stretches. And his injury history isn't great.

If the Chiefs are sitting at 32 with their premium need/talent combinations already off the board, they could do worse than take a chance on Beckner and rely on that 5th year option giving them enough time to iron out the rough edges. If you get him focused, he has the ability to wreck shit just like Jones does.

I like the guy a lot and I like how the Tigers have moved him in and out a bit so he has some versatility there. He can do a lot of things from anchoring the point of attack to splitting the gap and attacking. But/for the focus concerns I have he's a clear 1st round pick. If given enough time, I could be probably be convinced to take him in the 1st anyway depending on the board at the time.

WhawhaWhat
12-05-2018, 11:01 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reminder: University of Missouri Curators meet at 4 p.m. today. The topic at hand is approval of a contract/extension for Barry Odom.</p>&mdash; Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) <a href="https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/1070352974055006208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city
12-05-2018, 11:01 AM
He should be. I'm not sure he got himself into 1st round consideration and by the 2nd round weird stuff just happens; guys slide sometimes and you can't figure out why.

If he fell to one of the picks in the 2nd I'd take him in a heartbeat. What would worry me about him in the 1st is that there's some Jones in his game; disappears for stretches. And his injury history isn't great.

If the Chiefs are sitting at 32 with their premium need/talent combinations already off the board, they could do worse than take a chance on Beckner and rely on that 5th year option giving them enough time to iron out the rough edges. If you get him focused, he has the ability to wreck shit just like Jones does.

I like the guy a lot and I like how the Tigers have moved him in and out a bit so he has some versatility there. He can do a lot of things from anchoring the point of attack to splitting the gap and attacking. But/for the focus concerns I have he's a clear 1st round pick. If given enough time, I could be probably be convinced to take him in the 1st anyway depending on the board at the time.

I was kind of wondering if he could replace Bailey. Put him next to Ford and see what happens.

He's such an athlete, some might see him undersized a bit, but I think in today's NFL, he could really play in there.

DJ's left nut
12-05-2018, 11:09 AM
I was kind of wondering if he could replace Bailey. Put him next to Ford and see what happens.

He's such an athlete, some might see him undersized a bit, but I think in today's NFL, he could really play in there.

Agree; he'd be Bailey's replacement.

Well, I mean, in my world he'd play alongside Jones on the interior w/ Houston and Speaks on the ends. That might not be quite enough mass but I think I'm past the point of caring now. If you play a team with a serious rush offense - scheme and sell out to stop it. Otherwise just find athletes that can create havok. I guess.

I'm just tired of seeing our DL force a hole only to watch our LBs take themselves out of it. My frustration with the rank incompetence of our ILBs and safeties would almost certainly have me doing stupid things going forward.

"FUCK IT!! 3 DTs and 8 cornerbacks!! I'm tired of these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!!"

duncan_idaho
12-05-2018, 11:11 AM
I know the staff has been frustrated on the return on investment for local recruits compared to resources invested. They’ve at least unconsciously shifted some focus as a result, I think.

In KC, part of the issue is that Andy Hill is near the end of the road and just doesn’t go as hard as he used to.

Re: Mertz, Heupel was the main roadblock there. He didn’t want Mertz at all, which delayed Mizzou until it was too late.

In-state recruiting success usually goes hand-in-hand with success and longevity for Mizzou. Odom getting this extension and getting to 9+ wins next year (possible with schedule) would be a boon, I think.

I’m getting a little bit of a 2007 vibe from the current team. Could see 2019 being that type of step forward for Odom.

DJ's left nut
12-05-2018, 11:17 AM
I know the staff has been frustrated on the return on investment for local recruits compared to resources invested. They’ve at least unconsciously shifted some focus as a result, I think.

In KC, part of the issue is that Andy Hill is near the end of the road and just doesn’t go as hard as he used to.

Re: Mertz, Heupel was the main roadblock there. He didn’t want Mertz at all, which delayed Mizzou until it was too late.

In-state recruiting success usually goes hand-in-hand with success and longevity for Mizzou. Odom getting this extension and getting to 9+ wins next year (possible with schedule) would be a boon, I think.

I’m getting a little bit of a 2007 vibe from the current team. Could see 2019 being that type of step forward for Odom.

Seems like they are unwilling to do some of the foundation building that Pinkel excelled at. Watching them just kinda quit on Georgia when it was difficult to get started and scramble back to Texas was frustrating.

I know why they did it - Texas was so fertile for them and they had a nice fallback there; getting back in was going to pay immediate dividends at a time that immediate dividends were needed. It was arguably even the right decision to make in many ways. But there was a reason they got into GA (and FL) in the first place; they know the SEC brand carries weight there and the talent is immense. To just chuck all those reasons because it was hard was a red flag, IMO.

They don't have a very good ground game, to my eyes. I could be being too hard on them but they just don't have a lot of people that seem to relish the yeoman's work. They sure love sending out that "To the ZOU!" tweet every few weeks but I get the impression that making the phonecalls to coaches that get you in their good graces is just not high on their priority list.

ChiefsCountry
12-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Kansas City just doesn't have the numbers of high end Division 1 talent that St. Louis has. It's crazy to see the recruiting in both cities. The mid-major talent in Kansas City is very high, while St. Louis it's the opposite. It's crazy to see.

kepp
12-05-2018, 12:26 PM
Yeah, Nance is not a hall replacement. He’s a experienced vet who can fill the role Nate Brown did this year.

They’ll need one of the young guys - Kam Scott, Jaylen Knox - to take a step forward as a playmaker.

Even so they’ll miss Hall. Bryant is not a big downfield thrower, though, from what I can tell.

Both those guys, especially Knox, showed big play abilities this year. I think we're in good shape.

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2018, 04:22 PM
BenFred: Mizzou gains more than a quarterback in Clemson transfer Kelly Bryant

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben-frederickson/benfred-mizzou-gains-more-than-a-quarterback-in-clemson-transfer/article_516f4eba-b425-55a7-beaa-6e28373c1f8f.html#tncms-source=infinity-scroll-summary-siderail-latest

His bullet points:

1. Mizzou answered its scariest question about 2019

2. The Tigers advance with a been-there, done-that leader

3. This offense has a ton of potential

4. The recruiting ripple is real

5. Odom just won a heavyweight fight

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2018, 04:23 PM
From PowerMizzou: Odom new contract

Unanimous approval from the BoC. He will make $3.05 million guaranteed through 2024

BryanBusby
12-05-2018, 04:32 PM
LSU was paying a coordinator more than what Odom was making, so I think the raise is ok.

Sassy Squatch
12-05-2018, 04:34 PM
LSU was paying a coordinator more than what Odom was making, so I think the raise is ok.
Yeah. I have my beefs with him but that's pretty fucked up.

bowener
12-05-2018, 05:08 PM

Unanimous approval from the BoC. He will make $3.05 million guaranteed through 2024

Does he get an increase in the salary pool for coordinators too?

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2018, 11:24 PM
#1 RB recruit in the country:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AGTG?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AGTG</a> I am blessed to receive an offer from The University Of Missouri which is a childhood favorite of mine <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ShowMe20?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ShowMe20</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Blessed?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Blessed</a> <a href="https://t.co/t3KiERf3og">pic.twitter.com/t3KiERf3og</a></p>&mdash; T H R E E (@Runzekerun01) <a href="https://twitter.com/Runzekerun01/status/1070479689607720960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 6, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I just seen my guy plans to transfer there���� <a href="https://twitter.com/KellyB125?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KellyB125</a> so wassup? <a href="https://t.co/s3xcDrB2Oi">https://t.co/s3xcDrB2Oi</a></p>&mdash; T H R E E (@Runzekerun01) <a href="https://twitter.com/Runzekerun01/status/1070489550223478784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 6, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WhawhaWhat
12-06-2018, 08:30 AM

I believe that puts him as the 11th highest paid head coach in the SEC. He was dead last.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2018, 08:57 AM
Assistant pool:

Missouri’s assistant coaching pool is $4.38 million, according to a recent USA Today poll, which puts the Tigers No. 20 nationally and No. 10 among SEC schools. Athletics department spokesperson Nick Joos said that Mizzou agreed to raise Odom’s assistant coach salary pool but did not disclose a number

Titty Meat
12-06-2018, 09:10 PM
That's basically it.

To be fair Mertz was a backup at Miege because the kid infront of him was a baller. I think he went to play baseball at Notre Dame.

You were also in on Martinez. Hes going to be on the Heisman watch list in 2 years watch.

So you cant get down on your staff too much. With the raise in pool money you really should be able to get s guy who can lockdown the KC area and tap into all the JUCO talent in Kansas.

Titty Meat
12-06-2018, 09:13 PM
I doubt anyone cares but Tony Temple is opening up a juicer at my gym in Westport. Hes s cool guy

Pitt Gorilla
12-08-2018, 11:15 PM
Mizzou back in on Jeff Thomas.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Mizzou back in on Jeff Thomas.

I don't know about this one. He's undoubtedly a great college player and an NFL talent, but he brings a ton of baggage with him.

Pitt Gorilla
12-09-2018, 11:40 AM
I don't know about this one. He's undoubtedly a great college player and an NFL talent, but he brings a ton of baggage with him.

A ton may be putting it lightly. I don’t know how serious we are, but he’s an intriguing player.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2018, 12:54 PM
Tre Williams arrested on suspicion of domestic assault and suspended.

If true, get out frog gif.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25500434/tre-williams-missouri-tigers-arrested-suspicion-felony-second-degree-domestic-assault

O.city
12-10-2018, 02:01 PM
I doubt anyone cares but Tony Temple is opening up a juicer at my gym in Westport. Hes s cool guy

Got ran over by him at football camp once.

duncan_idaho
12-10-2018, 02:10 PM

They’re going all in for 2019. They see that schedule and realize it’s set up for a run at an access Bowl.

Thomas’ dynamic gamebreaking ability would add something at WR and in the return game. Having a WR who is a threat to take short routes the distance would help
Make up for Lock-you-Bryant dip in deep ball passing.

dlphg9
12-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Tre Williams arrested on suspicion of domestic assault and suspended.

If true, get out frog gif.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25500434/tre-williams-missouri-tigers-arrested-suspicion-felony-second-degree-domestic-assault

Good Lord. How hard is it to just be good lol. Says he was arrested at 6am. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but id say alcohol was probably involved. It amazes me all the problems alcohol is attributed and it's completely legal, but smoking some weed is against the law in most places. Hell alcohol is one of the worst drugs out there, but gets a free pass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Good Lord. How hard is it to just be good lol. Says he was arrested at 6am. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but id say alcohol was probably involved. It amazes me all the problems alcohol is attributed and it's completely legal, but smoking some weed is against the law in most places. Hell alcohol is one of the worst drugs out there, but gets a free pass.

I feel you. In very limited experience, I've seen far too many patients with end-stage cirrhosis secondary to alcoholism. Never seen a COPD patient from weed, though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2018, 02:28 PM
They’re going all in for 2019. They see that schedule and realize it’s set up for a run at an access Bowl.

Thomas’ dynamic gamebreaking ability would add something at WR and in the return game. Having a WR who is a threat to take short routes the distance would help
Make up for Lock-you-Bryant dip in deep ball passing.

Would Thomas be eligible? He's not a grad transfer.

Pitt Gorilla
12-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Would Thomas be eligible? He's not a grad transfer.Looking likely for a waiver.

DJ's left nut
12-10-2018, 02:34 PM

The story goes that Mizzou isn't interested in him if he's not eligible. If he can't get a waiver, they're not gonna risk giving him a scholarship and then watching him sit out and go pro in 2020.

They'd burn up a scholarship for nothing at that point.

So the conversation won't begin here unless he can secure an eligibility waiver for the 2019 season.

duncan_idaho
12-10-2018, 02:54 PM

They’re requesting a hardship. He has a family situation.

Archie Bunker
12-11-2018, 01:38 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marcus Washington, a gifted wide receiver from Trinity, has told Texas he is not coming! I think <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MizzouFootball</a> is in very good shape! <a href="https://twitter.com/ksdknews?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ksdknews</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KSDKSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KSDKSports</a></p>&mdash; Frank Cusumano (@Frank_Cusumano) <a href="https://twitter.com/Frank_Cusumano/status/1072573544209530880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla
12-11-2018, 01:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marcus Washington, a gifted wide receiver from Trinity, has told Texas he is not coming! I think <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MizzouFootball</a> is in very good shape! <a href="https://twitter.com/ksdknews?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ksdknews</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KSDKSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KSDKSports</a></p>&mdash; Frank Cusumano (@Frank_Cusumano) <a href="https://twitter.com/Frank_Cusumano/status/1072573544209530880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>that would be...crazy.

Archie Bunker
12-11-2018, 01:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">None of these rumors about my recruitment are true ! <a href="https://t.co/ApX32oSLQ1">https://t.co/ApX32oSLQ1</a></p>&mdash; Marcus Washington (@_MarcusW11) <a href="https://twitter.com/_MarcusW11/status/1072577566710661122?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Never mind

OKchiefs
12-11-2018, 02:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">None of these rumors about my recruitment are true ! <a href="https://t.co/ApX32oSLQ1">https://t.co/ApX32oSLQ1</a></p>&mdash; Marcus Washington (@_MarcusW11) <a href="https://twitter.com/_MarcusW11/status/1072577566710661122?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Never mind

That's okay. He'll probably go the route of another STL receiver who went to a B12 powerhouse and disappeared, Durron Neal.

duncan_idaho
12-11-2018, 05:22 PM
Wouldn’t take that post from Washington as gospel.

DJ's left nut
12-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Wouldn’t take that post from Washington as gospel.

By the same token, I wouldn't do anything but wipe my ass with anything printed by Frank Cusumano. Dude's been a joke for a decade.

duncan_idaho
12-11-2018, 05:54 PM
By the same token, I wouldn't do anything but wipe my ass with anything printed by Frank Cusumano. Dude's been a joke for a decade.

It’s not just Cusamano hearing the kid is looking around. I’ve heard that as well. Believe from different sources.

BryanBusby
12-11-2018, 05:57 PM
Our bagmen got more money, we in it.

Titty Meat
12-11-2018, 07:18 PM
It’s not just Cusamano hearing the kid is looking around. I’ve heard that as well. Believe from different sources.

Yup heard the same from an N sider. We might get a visit but Missouri would have a strong strong chance at getting the kid.

Al Bundy
12-11-2018, 09:13 PM
No charges will be filed against Tre Williams.

Archie Bunker
12-12-2018, 06:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The nation’s No. 1 junior college prospect, Chester Graves, will take an official visit to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Mizzou</a> this weekend <a href="https://t.co/VgY54xtx8m">https://t.co/VgY54xtx8m</a></p>&mdash; Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) <a href="https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/1073009891038527489?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 13, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WhawhaWhat
12-12-2018, 06:33 PM
No charges will be filed against Tre Williams.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Despite several reports to the contrary, Missouri defensive end Tre Williams has been charged with domestic assault, the Boone County Circuit Clerk’s Office and court filings confirm. <a href="https://t.co/VFL2rpVxcg">https://t.co/VFL2rpVxcg</a></p>&mdash; Columbia Tribune (@columbiatribune) <a href="https://twitter.com/columbiatribune/status/1072972372225990659?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Jz1TjCphXE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2018, 06:41 PM
Graves would give this team the first elite pass rusher since Harris. Given how the post-Kul ends have fizzled, that's almost as big as Bryant.

Mizzou_8541
12-12-2018, 07:09 PM
Graves would give this team the first elite pass rusher since Harris. Given how the post-Kul ends have fizzled, that's almost as big as Bryant.

Thoughts on our chances??

duncan_idaho
12-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Thoughts on our chances??

They’ve got one.

Won’t be easy but it would be a big get.

BryanBusby
12-12-2018, 10:31 PM
Big Bagz Barry says, "ain't no thing"

Archie Bunker
12-15-2018, 11:54 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mizzou is killing it on the transfer market and the Tigers are the favorite for TCU QB transfer Shawn Robinson, per <a href="https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SWiltfong247</a> <a href="https://t.co/6Qh9MIDAA6">https://t.co/6Qh9MIDAA6</a></p>&mdash; 247Sports (@247Sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1073996440106618881?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

duncan_idaho
12-15-2018, 12:51 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mizzou is killing it on the transfer market and the Tigers are the favorite for TCU QB transfer Shawn Robinson, per <a href="https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SWiltfong247</a> <a href="https://t.co/6Qh9MIDAA6">https://t.co/6Qh9MIDAA6</a></p>— 247Sports (@247Sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1073996440106618881?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That would be a big addition.

The Tigers missed on QBs in the 16, 17, and 18 classes. Adding Bryant and Robinson would basically erase those misses without them ever affecting the team.

Pitt Gorilla
12-15-2018, 03:46 PM
So his coaching decisions are dumb enough to lose us 2 easily winnable games in SC and UK and him and his staff can't recruit the most important position in football? Sounds like a winner for sure. Drew Lock stays another year, probably saving his job, and how does he thank him? Hiring that dumb motherfucker Derek Dooley to hurt his draft stock.
Recruits are really interested in playing in Dooley’s offense and he’s winning people over on the recruiting trail.

You have a lot of shitty takes, but this one may take the cake.

Titty Meat
12-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Recruits are really interested in playing in Dooley’s offense and he’s winning people over on the recruiting trail.

You have a lot of shitty takes, but this one may take the cake.

The rankings would indicate differently

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2018, 08:18 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/9t6xpYZ9npJmM/giphy.gif

BryanBusby
12-15-2018, 08:32 PM
Blah blah blah well you see gems in the rough, true sons, etc.

Titty Meat
12-15-2018, 08:44 PM
Blah blah blah well you see gems in the rough, true sons, etc.

Hopefully with the increase in pay for assistants Mizzou gets those talented in state kids. If my team cant do it I'd much rather my home state keep them here instead of dirty pieces of shit like tosu

BryanBusby
12-15-2018, 08:51 PM
I think things will pick up on the road with them now that there seems to be some stability in the program.

Pitt Gorilla
12-15-2018, 09:32 PM
I think things will pick up on the road with them now that there seems to be some stability in the program.

Unfortunately, the class is about full. There’s speculation that Nance may no longer have a spot.

duncan_idaho
12-16-2018, 08:01 AM
Unfortunately, the class is about full. There’s speculation that Nance may no longer have a spot.

I think there are 8-10 spots if they need them.

Pitt Gorilla
12-18-2018, 12:36 PM
Thought I should point out that Matt Eberflus is currently one of the top defensive minds in the NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2018, 12:38 PM
Thought I should point out that Matt Eberflus is currently one of the top defensive minds in the NFL.

Which is why I don't believe in the concept of top defensive minds.

Pitt Gorilla
12-18-2018, 12:44 PM
Which is why I don't believe in the concept of top defensive minds.pretty much.

duncan_idaho
12-18-2018, 02:36 PM
Quite a bit of commitment stuff happening today/yesterday.

Interesting kid: niko Hea of CBC in St. Louis. TE. Didn’t camp at all, didn’t get the ball much as a junior because CBC had Cam Brown and Kam Babb. He had no junior tape.

He’s currently an unranked prospect, but his tape really pops out (his speed/agility and open-field ability are rare attributes for a TE).

I think he’s going to be another diamond-in-the-rough story a few years down the road.

Pitt Gorilla
12-18-2018, 02:40 PM

Interesting kid: niko Hea of CBC in St. Louis. TE. Didn’t camp at all, didn’t get the ball much as a junior because CBC had Cam Brown and Kam Babb. He had no junior tape.

He’s currently an unranked prospect, but his tape really pops out (his speed/agility and open-field ability are rare attributes for a TE).

I think he’s going to be another diamond-in-the-rough story a few years down the road.looks a bit like Albert o to my untrained eye.

Also got a good de prospect.

Archie Bunker
12-18-2018, 06:37 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">TCU transfer quarterback Shawn Robinson will transfer to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Mizzou</a> <a href="https://t.co/GUM7SDRq6y">https://t.co/GUM7SDRq6y</a></p>&mdash; Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) <a href="https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/1075187858988822529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

duncan_idaho
12-18-2018, 06:56 PM
And they have officially covered up
For the shitty QB recruiting under Heupel.

They’re positioned really nicely now for the post-Lock era.

Frazod
12-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Amazing how things tend to snowball in college football, for better or worse. It was just the opposite a couple of years ago.

This is much better. :thumb:

Pitt Gorilla
12-18-2018, 07:11 PM
Somehow, superturtle will see this as a negative for BO.

Archie Bunker
12-18-2018, 07:13 PM

It’s been a pretty impressive few months for Odom and Co. Feels like they finally have some real momentum going forward.

Sassy Squatch
12-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Somehow, superturtle will see this as a negative for BO.
Hey, he did a good job covering his prior mistakes. Next time, get the work done while you're recruiting so you don't have to rely on other Colleges fucking things up for themselves to save your ass.

Mosbonian
12-18-2018, 07:42 PM

How many of the scholarship QB's on the roster do you see leaving the program with Kelly Bryant here for next year and Shawn Robinson for 2 years after that?

It kind of looks like time for 4 of them to leave....

Pitt Gorilla
12-18-2018, 08:10 PM
How many of the scholarship QB's on the roster do you see leaving the program with Kelly Bryant here for next year and Shawn Robinson for 2 years after that?

They could lose all but bezelak and that would be fine, with those two on board.

(Although I suppose they need a backup for next season)

duncan_idaho
12-18-2018, 08:27 PM

At least one will stick around to be Bryant’s backup, I’d think. Bazelak and Robinson both will be redshirting, I think.

Would guess Wilson may stick one more year, then grad transfer.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2018, 09:07 PM
They could lose all but bezelak and that would be fine, with those two on board.

(Although I suppose they need a backup for next season)

They have Brady Cook in the 2020 class.

Every other QB on the roster is free to GTFO. Wilson, Lowary, Powell and that kid from Louisiana can go off to some FBS school where their talents will actually play.

I still can't believe how badly they let that quarterback pool degrade. What a shit show.

ChiefsCountry
12-18-2018, 11:20 PM

I think he’s going to be another diamond-in-the-rough story a few years down the road.

He blew up his senior year. He was somebody the Bears offered after his junior year.

duncan_idaho
12-19-2018, 07:35 AM
They have Brady Cook in the 2020 class.

Every other QB on the roster is free to GTFO. Wilson, Lowary, Powell and that kid from Louisiana can go off to some FBS school where their talents will actually play.

I still can't believe how badly they let that quarterback pool degrade. What a shit show.

It was a bad combination. Pinkel’s staff was kind of complacent heading into 2015/2016. Then the protests and coaching change happened (which basically burned the ability to close strong in 2016 class). Then the 2017 class and 2018 class and even 2019 were heavily impacted by Heupel’s QB recruiting, which was shitty.

I like where it’s headed now, though. They’re still trying on the IMG academy QB, Baldwin, too, for the 2019 class.

Cook is also a good prospect for 2020.

As for the 2019 season, I’d like to see at least one of the current QBs on the roster stick just to have a backup option if something happens to Bryant. Not sure if that’s Powell or Wilson.

blake5676
12-19-2018, 08:38 AM
Any word on Chester Graves? Does a JUCO transfer have a different signing date than a regular HS kid? Would be a massive get if we could land him. Either way, I'm semi-impressed with Odom and this current crop.

siberian khatru
12-19-2018, 10:23 AM
It was a bad combination. Pinkel’s staff was kind of complacent heading into 2015/2016. Then the protests and coaching change happened (which basically burned the ability to close strong in 2016 class). Then the 2017 class and 2018 class and even 2019 were heavily impacted by Heupel’s QB recruiting, which was shitty.

I like where it’s headed now, though. They’re still trying on the IMG academy QB, Baldwin, too, for the 2019 class.

Cook is also a good prospect for 2020.

As for the 2019 season, I’d like to see at least one of the current QBs on the roster stick just to have a backup option if something happens to Bryant. Not sure if that’s Powell or Wilson.

You'd think Wilson because he's a legacy (I covered his -- and Lock's -- father in college, shows how old I am).

DJ's left nut
12-19-2018, 11:10 AM
He blew up his senior year. He was somebody the Bears offered after his junior year.

Oh. Well I mean if SMS was after him, you know he must be awesome...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-19-2018, 11:13 AM
How does Steckel still have a job?

O.city
12-19-2018, 11:21 AM

MSU mother fucker. We aren't into that old shit anymore.

duncan_idaho
12-19-2018, 11:25 AM

Smart offer by them. Kid had no tape and hadn’t camped headed into his senior year.

I’m really high on him. If he hadn’t been playing with Babb and Cam Brown, I think he would have been a top 250 recruit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-19-2018, 11:29 AM

Try to be unworthless and we'll consider it.

DJ's left nut
12-19-2018, 11:41 AM

I remember that time you guys changed some logos and stuff but otherwise did absolutely nothing to change...well, anything else.

So that was neat.

Look, I need secretarial staff as much as the next guy and the knowledge that each one of the SMS applicants almost certainly has 3 or 4 strands of exceedingly virulent V.D. makes sure that we have fewer fraternization concerns.

O.city
12-19-2018, 12:17 PM
Try to be unworthless and we'll consider it.

We’ve got Jackie stiles and 2 final four banners.

The football team is worthless but hey, we trained your basketball coach up nice

O.city
12-19-2018, 12:18 PM
I remember that time you guys changed some logos and stuff but otherwise did absolutely nothing to change...well, anything else.

So that was neat.

Look, I need secretarial staff as much as the next guy and the knowledge that each one of the SMS applicants almost certainly has 3 or 4 strands of exceedingly virulent V.D. makes sure that we have fewer fraternization concerns.

The medical staff here is good at cleaning that stuff up.

Pitt Gorilla
12-19-2018, 12:50 PM
https://twitter.com/athletesdevelop/status/1075439884024848384?s=21

Aubrey Miller

Pitt Gorilla
12-19-2018, 02:18 PM
Darius Robinson to Mizzou. D line starting to look good.

Pitt Gorilla
12-19-2018, 04:08 PM
Jamie Pettway to Mizzou as well. Nice haul.

DJ's left nut
12-19-2018, 04:12 PM
Pettway is a damn good get; didn't realize we were sitting that well on him.

BryanBusby
12-19-2018, 04:16 PM
This class is looking quite good.

DJ's left nut
12-19-2018, 04:19 PM
This class is looking quite good.

Add Graves and when you consider the Bryant and Robinson adds, you're really talking about a borderline top 20 class at that point, IMO. Hell of a strong close by Odom on a class that was looking at risk of being in the 50 range.

Jerm
12-19-2018, 04:20 PM
Do we have any idea of when Graves is deciding?

DJ's left nut
12-19-2018, 04:23 PM

And my age-old theory of presuming anything Frank Cusumano says is bullshit serves me well again.

That guy is a Kevin Keitzmann, Bob Fescoe level hack. Hell, he might be worse; Keitzmann knows nothing and doesn't try to pretend otherwise, Cusumano knows nothing and insists that he does.

BryanBusby
12-19-2018, 04:24 PM
Add Graves and when you consider the Bryant and Robinson adds, you're really talking about a borderline top 20 class at that point, IMO. Hell of a strong close by Odom on a class that was looking at risk of being in the 50 range.
Yeah. The Bryant transfer and extension has really helped on the trail it seems.

duncan_idaho
12-19-2018, 04:26 PM
Graves will be a late commit and is still a big qualification question mark.

He’s got a lot of work to do at his JUcO to get eligible, and I’m not sure he can satisfy SEC requirements for JUcO players.

DJ's left nut
12-19-2018, 04:28 PM

He’s got a lot of work to do at his JUcO to get eligible, and I’m not sure he can satisfy SEC requirements for JUcO players.

Isn't that a probable outcome for Ferguson as well? I thought I read that the reason he isn't signing early is that there are some significant qualification issues to overcome.

I'm sorry but I've seen them interview some of the folks that matriculate through the blue bloods...those guys must have a staff that's a LOT better at getting guys eligible because I'm pretty sure most some of them can't sign their own names.

Yet we constantly seem to be dealing with a handful of players that are gonna struggle to get by the clearinghouse.

dlphg9
12-19-2018, 05:23 PM
Isn't that a probable outcome for Ferguson as well? I thought I read that the reason he isn't signing early is that there are some significant qualification issues to overcome.

I'm sorry but I've seen them interview some of the folks that matriculate through the blue bloods...those guys must have a staff that's a LOT better at getting guys eligible because I'm pretty sure most some of them can't sign their own names.

Yet we constantly seem to be dealing with a handful of players that are gonna struggle to get by the clearinghouse.

Ive noticed it in basketball quite a bit. Mizzou has had a few big recruits that werent eligible, but it seems like a Kansas or Kentucky never has those issues.

BryanBusby
12-19-2018, 05:26 PM
Time to get the bagmen to work on some transcript changes

dlphg9
12-19-2018, 07:41 PM
Itd be nice to get back to the Pinkel years. We may not have won any huge games, but we had the chance to. Hell we almost had a national title game appearance. Itll be nice to have both basketball and football competing every year.

duncan_idaho
12-19-2018, 07:47 PM
Itd be nice to get back to the Pinkel years. We may not have won any huge games, but we had the chance to. Hell we almost had a national title game appearance. Itll be nice to have both basketball and football competing every year.

I think Odom is poised to do that.

He’s got a better overall staff and I feel confident they’ll recruit better and work harder.

Pinkel’s staff got really complacent towards the end.

Titty Meat
12-19-2018, 08:08 PM
Congrats on the recruiting success the past few weeks. So you all in the title game in 2021!

ChiefsCountry
12-19-2018, 08:11 PM
Clay Travis had an interesting tidbit this morning on his radio show. No National Champion since 2000 Oklahoma has had a recruiting class worst than #10 on their national title team.

Titty Meat
12-19-2018, 08:54 PM
Clay Travis had an interesting tidbit this morning on his radio show. No National Champion since 2000 Oklahoma has had a recruiting class worst than #10 on their national title team.

Hey man were both building and that arrow is definitely pointing up. Good luck Tiger fans!

Pitt Gorilla
12-19-2018, 09:08 PM

He’s got a better overall staff and I feel confident they’ll recruit better and work harder.

Pinkel’s staff got really complacent towards the end.does hill need to retire?

duncan_idaho
12-19-2018, 09:41 PM
does hill need to retire?

In a word, yes.

He's done a lot of great things for Mizzou and was a key part of Pinkel's rise/success. But he's clearly at the end of the road.

He's got one year left on his deal. They won't force him out, but I think we'll see a mutual parting of ways after 2019.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-19-2018, 10:25 PM
OP updated with all commitments.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2018, 12:45 AM
So it looks like Justin Fields is going to transfer to tOSU and he might very well get a hardship waiver because his own fans were N-bombing him during the Tennessee game.

dlphg9
12-20-2018, 12:45 AM

Pinkel’s staff got really complacent towards the end.

I was getting a bit worried at tbe beginning of the year, but now im as excited as ive been in a long time

dlphg9
12-20-2018, 12:47 AM
So it looks like Justin Fields is going to transfer to tOSU and he might very well get a hardship waiver because his own fans were N-bombing him during the Tennessee game.

No wonder Cuonzo Martin left that racist trash hole.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2018, 12:48 AM
No wonder Cuonzo Martin left that racist trash hole.

It was in Georgia by Georgia fans.

BryanBusby
12-20-2018, 01:10 AM
SEC SEC SEC

It was in Georgia by Georgia fans.
I think it involved a baseball player and they had to kick him out in result.

WhawhaWhat
12-20-2018, 07:57 AM
:facepalm:... this guy. (https://springfield.mugshot.press/arrest/727658/dorial-green-beckham?offset=0)

siberian khatru
12-20-2018, 08:35 AM
:facepalm:... this guy. (https://springfield.mugshot.press/arrest/727658/dorial-green-beckham?offset=0)

That's just gonna make his 30 for 30 comeback story even greater!

Sully
12-20-2018, 08:53 AM

It's been since his Sr year in hs since I was a part of this conversation, but the kid was always going to be a qualification issue, and to make it worse, he just doesn't love football (or at least that was the case then. Maybe it has change, now). So there wasn't as big an incentive for him to work hard to get eligible.

KChiefs1
12-25-2018, 04:30 PM
One of my favorite Tiger teams.

https://twitter.com/gabedearmond/status/1077651299598921728?s=21

siberian khatru
12-25-2018, 04:43 PM

Indeed. That Nebraska game was epic.

Titty Meat
12-25-2018, 05:08 PM

I wasnt even born old man :)

Merry Christmas!

kepp
12-27-2018, 01:27 PM
I have the Independence Bowl on in the background...experts are telling me that Daniel Jones is better than Drew Lock? I don't see it.

WhawhaWhat
12-29-2018, 05:07 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One more ��<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MIZ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MIZ</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ShowMe?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ShowMe</a> ���� <a href="https://t.co/T0pYCQt3WX">pic.twitter.com/T0pYCQt3WX</a></p>&mdash; Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball/status/1079148534744653825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 29, 2018</a></blockquote>

Frazod
12-29-2018, 07:59 PM
The uniform choices this season have absolutely sucked ass. Why would you put that shitty old logo on the helmet? It wasn't even on the helmets when that was the logo. :shake:

duncan_idaho
12-29-2018, 08:15 PM
I think it’s cool that they’ve done so many different things. It’s for the players and the recruits, primarily, and a little bit of “cool” factor there goes a long way.

Sully
12-29-2018, 09:47 PM
This helmet is so badass. I can't decide if this, the rock M, or the WW1 one is my favorite from this year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Pitt Gorilla
12-29-2018, 09:57 PM
This helmet is so badass. I can't decide if this, the rock M, or the WW1 one is my favorite from this year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TapatalkThe whole kit is outstanding.

Sassy Squatch
12-29-2018, 10:00 PM
The uniform choices this season have absolutely sucked ass. Why would you put that shitty old logo on the helmet? It wasn't even on the helmets when that was the logo. :shake:
Much rather go with a throwback/modern combo like that over some of the other goofy shit.

BryanBusby
12-30-2018, 01:43 AM
Sorry but that combo is actually cool and good and only a dumb baby with a bad opinion would think otherwise!

Frazod
12-30-2018, 06:25 AM
Much rather go with a throwback/modern combo like that over some of the other goofy shit.

How is this NOT "goofy shit"? It's not a throwback. That ghastly fucktarded logo NEVER appeared on a Missouri helmet before. If they were actually going back to the look of the early 60s uniforms it would be one thing. This is a completely different, awful thing.

The logo sucks. White on white sucks. It especially sucks with white helmets. It looks like Penn State with gold trim, if Penn State was lame enough to use some ancient cartoon lion logo that had the mumps and a silly hat. I don't know what the hell is wrong with you people. What they've done this year is Oregon shit (mercifully) without the neon puke colors.

Maybe that will come next year.

:shake:

duncan_idaho
12-30-2018, 07:35 AM
How is this NOT "goofy shit"? It's not a throwback. That ghastly fucktarded logo NEVER appeared on a Missouri helmet before. If they were actually going back to the look of the early 60s uniforms it would be one thing. This is a completely different, awful thing.

The logo sucks. White on white sucks. It especially sucks with white helmets. It looks like Penn State with gold trim, if Penn State was lame enough to use some ancient cartoon lion logo that had the mumps and a silly hat. I don't know what the hell is wrong with you people. What they've done this year is Oregon shit (mercifully) without the neon puke colors.

We’ll all get off your lawn now.

What matters is that player and recruits like this stuff.

Al Bundy
12-30-2018, 08:47 AM
That uniform combo looks awesome.

Pitt Gorilla
12-30-2018, 02:11 PM
Mizzou had a top 10 strength of schedule and went 8-4. Glad we didn’t fire Odom.

Pepe Silvia
12-31-2018, 12:52 PM
The block M helmet is the best but this one is very cool.

Mosbonian
12-31-2018, 02:30 PM
We’ll all get off your lawn now.

What matters is that player and recruits like this stuff.

The white on white is OK with me, but that logo will take some getting used to if they really move to it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-31-2018, 02:32 PM
The white on white is OK with me, but that logo will take some getting used to if they really move to it.

I imagine it's a one-off. My favorite road unis were the Pro Combats they wore in 2009.

Mosbonian
12-31-2018, 02:33 PM
I imagine it's a one-off. My favorite road unis were the Pro Combats they wore in 2009.

Those were pretty cool..

Frazod
12-31-2018, 02:42 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/05/1a/b0/051ab0efec8799a0ff03e38819cb2cd1.jpg

This is the best uniform and nothing else is even close. It's bad ass and perfect, and in my opinion, the best college uniform of any team ever. It's like the 2000's era Buccaneer uniforms - it should have never been fucked with, either.

If they need a white jersey, it should be this with white instead of gold.

Sassy Squatch
12-31-2018, 02:45 PM

This is the best uniform and nothing else is even close. It's bad ass and perfect, and in my opinion, the best college uniform of any team ever. It's like the 2000's era Buccaneer uniforms - it should have never been fucked with, either.

Not too fond of the yellowed out logo on the helmet but otherwise yeah.

Sully
12-31-2018, 04:12 PM
I imagine it's a one-off. My favorite road unis were the Pro Combats they wore in 2009.I have a buddy who paints helmets as a hobby/side job. He made me one of those helmets... so sweet.

duncan_idaho
12-31-2018, 04:30 PM

I like that uniform combo a lot, just hate the high school looking PowerTiger oval logo on both sides.

Frazod
12-31-2018, 04:33 PM
I like that uniform combo a lot, just hate the high school looking PowerTiger oval logo on both sides.

That's not the oval logo - it's just the tiger.

Jerm
12-31-2018, 04:36 PM

I'm still partial to these...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">❄️🔥❄️ <a href="https://t.co/sMug7djoeG">pic.twitter.com/sMug7djoeG</a></p>&mdash; Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball/status/1063465210114129920?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2018</a></blockquote>

duncan_idaho
12-31-2018, 04:37 PM
That's not the oval logo - it's just the tiger.

Ah, so it is. I like that helmet a lot and think it should be default.

Just hate the double sided logo helmets.

Pitt Gorilla
01-04-2019, 01:16 PM
Former nepotism hire Alex Grinch expected to be named DC at OU.

Jimkcchief88
01-04-2019, 02:37 PM
How is this NOT "goofy shit"? It's not a throwback. That ghastly ****tarded logo NEVER appeared on a Missouri helmet before. If they were actually going back to the look of the early 60s uniforms it would be one thing. This is a completely different, awful thing.

Agreed. Some throwbacks are cool, others should be left alone. The M on the helmet? Works anytime. The Cat on crack uniforms? Couldn’t be taken seriously and I’ll bet OSU was emboldened by those ridiculous uni’s. Then the defense goes out and gives up 38 points and over a 100 yards to the backup RB.

Sully
01-04-2019, 03:08 PM
I’ll bet OSU was emboldened by those ridiculous uni’s.

People actually believe this. It freaks me out that people think this way, and when I first saw it on facebook the other day, I chalked it up to one lone weirdo. But I keep seeing people say some version of this, and it just... wow.

Pitt Gorilla
01-04-2019, 03:28 PM
People actually believe this. It freaks me out that people think this way, and when I first saw it on facebook the other day, I chalked it up to one lone weirdo. But I keep seeing people say some version of this, and it just... wow.

Zero chance people are actually that stupid.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Agreed. Some throwbacks are cool, others should be left alone. The M on the helmet? Works anytime. The Cat on crack uniforms? Couldn’t be taken seriously and I’ll bet OSU was emboldened by those ridiculous uni’s. Then the defense goes out and gives up 38 points and over a 100 yards to the backup RB.

https://media.giphy.com/media/fVbea6HFmjBoQ/giphy.gif

Jimkcchief88
01-05-2019, 06:50 AM

Yeah...the same weirdos (if you are old enough) who watched Mizzou lose on 5th down and the foot flicker need I go on??? So you think it’s implausible that Mr Mullet “I’m 40” told his troops we ain’t losing to a team with drunk pussycat on their helmets? I wouldn’t put it past him. Just a coincidence then we got outscored 21-3 in the 3rd quarter. True blue Mizzou fans pick apart everything including ridiculous uniforms. Petty??? Yes. So is the way we lost to Kentucky. Leave those embarrassing uniforms in the trash where they belong.

Jimkcchief88
01-05-2019, 06:59 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/fVbea6HFmjBoQ/giphy.gif

Ahhhh Mr Jenkins... I have followed you for years as a lurker...finally we meet. Now let’s get it on sucka...but I must warn you I’m a seasoned battle poster...survived the darkest of days: the “Starbury Wars” on KO.com. The Mods here on CP step in when I turn up the flamethrower.

dlphg9
01-05-2019, 07:26 AM
Ahhhh Mr Jenkins... I have followed you for years as a lurker...finally we meet. Now let’s get it on sucka...but I must warn you I’m a seasoned battle poster...survived the darkest of days: the “Starbury Wars” on KO.com. The Mods here on CP step in when I turn up the flamethrower.

You sound retarded

Jimkcchief88
01-05-2019, 08:59 AM
You sound retarded

Dbo voice from Friday:”You want some of this old man???”

Sassy Squatch
01-05-2019, 09:59 AM
Playing in a semi prestigious bowl game? That's not enough. No, those motherfuckers wore an old Tigers logo on their helmets!!!!!!!! It's motherfucking ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhawhaWhat
01-05-2019, 10:09 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Talk about upward mobility. Here are Gary Pinkel’s safeties coaches at Mizzou from 2001-15 &amp; their current gigs: <br>Matt Eberflus -&gt; Indianapolis Colts DC<br>Barry Odom -&gt; Mizzou HC<br>Alex Grinch -&gt; Oklahoma DC <br>Ryan Walters -&gt; Mizzou DC</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1081568624442331137?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2019</a></blockquote>

Pitt Gorilla
01-05-2019, 11:12 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Talk about upward mobility. Here are Gary Pinkel’s safeties coaches at Mizzou from 2001-15 &amp; their current gigs: <br>Matt Eberflus -&gt; Indianapolis Colts DC<br>Barry Odom -&gt; Mizzou HC<br>Alex Grinch -&gt; Oklahoma DC <br>Ryan Walters -&gt; Mizzou DC</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1081568624442331137?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2019</a></blockquote>

Yeah, but, they all stink./mizzou Fan.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2019, 11:59 AM

Your mother should be tried at the Hague for not taking a coathanger and salt to her womb when she had the chance.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2019, 12:02 PM
Yeah, but, they all stink./mizzou Fan.

Eberflus had five NFL players starting for him on the 2008 defense that was one of the worst in the country.

Pitt Gorilla
01-05-2019, 12:22 PM
Eberflus had five NFL players starting for him on the 2008 defense that was one of the worst in the country.

His rise has been strange, even more so than Quinn Snyder.

Bowser
01-05-2019, 12:28 PM

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS" width="409" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/mashable-l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS">via GIPHY</a></p>

Sully
01-05-2019, 01:08 PM
I'm sure it was the helmet logo.
Had nothing to do with 3 top players literally quitting before or during the game.

Dude. No football team on earth has their play affected by theirs or their rivals' helmet logo. Seriously. The Oregon Ducks are a thing. The Miami Dolphins exist.

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2019, 01:16 PM
Yeah...the same weirdos (if you are old enough) who watched Mizzou lose on 5th down and the foot flicker need I go on??? So you think it’s implausible that Mr Mullet “I’m 40” told his troops we ain’t losing to a team with drunk pussycat on their helmets? I wouldn’t put it past him. Just a coincidence then we got outscored 21-3 in the 3rd quarter. True blue Mizzou fans pick apart everything including ridiculous uniforms. Petty??? Yes. So is the way we lost to Kentucky. Leave those embarrassing uniforms in the trash where they belong.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3vRaaF9U717J1MeQ/giphy.gif

Jimkcchief88
01-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Your mother should be tried at the Hague for not taking a coathanger and salt to her womb when she had the chance.

Your mothers waist size is equator

Jimkcchief88
01-05-2019, 06:19 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l3vRaaF9U717J1MeQ/giphy.gif

I know you are but what am I???

Ebolapox
01-05-2019, 07:37 PM
Your mothers waist size is equator

Is English your first language?

Ebolapox
01-05-2019, 07:37 PM
I know you are but what am I???

A completely predictable troll?

siberian khatru
01-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Wut?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Missouri running back Damarea Crockett leaves school to enter the NFL draft <a href="https://t.co/VucwhIPivq">https://t.co/VucwhIPivq</a></p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1082365784201011207?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 7, 2019</a></blockquote>

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Obviously thins out the RB corps, but after his freshman season I thought he was going to be the best back in school history. He never hit that level of production again.

Probably need to get a RB in the late period now, as there are no others in the class.

bowener
01-07-2019, 02:39 PM
Obviously thins out the RB corps, but after his freshman season I thought he was going to be the best back in school history. He never hit that level of production again.

Probably need to get a RB in the late period now, as there are no others in the class.

Will having a dual-threat QB help the thin RB corp?

Sully
01-07-2019, 02:43 PM
I heard the other day he practiced throughout the bowl leadup, then the night before the game, in the hotel, told the coaches he was done and entering the draft. Anyone else hear that story?

duncan_idaho
01-07-2019, 02:58 PM
I wouldn’t call the RB depth thin.

Badie and Rountree are excellent returners, and Bhakare looked good in his few short stints, too.

They also have an incoming freshman from Texas that I think is going to be awesome - get some Josh Jacobs vibes from him.

siberian khatru
01-10-2019, 11:20 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tight end Albert Okwuegbunam will return to Missouri for the 2019 season.</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1083407857180176384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2019</a></blockquote>

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2019, 11:47 AM
https://i.gifer.com/hx.gif

Pitt Gorilla
01-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Nice set of TEs.

siberian khatru
01-31-2019, 11:20 AM
But UNC skated. Whatever, NCAA.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NCAA report is out on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Mizzou</a>. Softball and baseball banned from 2018-19 postseason. Football banned from 2019-20 postseason. Each of those programs will have a 5% reduction in scholarships for the 2019-20 year. Full penalties in the pic <a href="https://t.co/oA3JCGD9sk">pic.twitter.com/oA3JCGD9sk</a></p>&mdash; Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) <a href="https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/1091020239062614017?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2019</a></blockquote>

Titty Meat
01-31-2019, 11:22 AM
Wow.

dlphg9
01-31-2019, 11:22 AM
**** the NCAA. Corrupt as **** should all burn

Jerm
01-31-2019, 11:27 AM
Kelly Bryant probably looking for the exit door.....

DJ's left nut
01-31-2019, 11:30 AM
Man. Mizzou needs better lawyers. We just got drilled for some shit far less egregious than a ton of schools have skated on.

So I guess we're a wrestling school now?

ChiTown
01-31-2019, 11:32 AM
Gawdamn, that's harsh

Rams Fan
01-31-2019, 11:37 AM
Damn guys, that sucks.

It’s BS UNC got away with what they did.

DJ's left nut
01-31-2019, 11:38 AM
Gawdamn, that's harsh

I'm not sure Mizzou could've shown up to the hearing and confessed to ordering a code red and been worse off.

Seriously - this is simply a wholesale repudiation of any kind of defense Mizzou put forward. Had Mizzou come out and said "yeah, Odom, Jamieson and Earleywine were all telling tutors to do the coursework at the guidance of Jim Sterk" I'm not sure the penalties would've been any more severe.

1 tutor and 12 kids over 3 sports and they drop a fucking hammer. I really don't get it. That's remarkably draconian for what amounts to relatively minor academic eligibility crap. When you look at the shady shit all these teams do to get kids eligible to sign to begin with and the NCAA looks the other way, it blows my mind that they put Mizzou on blast for this.

I'm not even mad as much as I'm just damn puzzled.

siberian khatru
01-31-2019, 11:38 AM
Un. Fucking. Believable.

All this for one rogue tutor.

A former University of Missouri, Columbia, tutor violated NCAA ethical conduct, academic misconduct and academic extra benefits rules when she completed academic work for 12 student-athletes, according to a Division I Committee on Infractions panel.

Although the tutor said she felt pressure to ensure student-athletes passed courses, according to the committee’s report, the investigation did not support that her colleagues directed her to complete the student-athletes’ work.

In its decision, the committee stated, “Simply put, 12 student-athletes did not complete their own work.” It continued that the tutor engaged in the activity despite receiving extensive and comprehensive education on appropriate tutoring practices.

UNC had systemic FAKE COURSES, but because these FAKE COURSES were provided to non-athletes, no sanction.

Titty Meat
01-31-2019, 11:40 AM
That's the difference between the 45th ranked law school and the 65th

CoMoChief
01-31-2019, 11:42 AM
This has been going on for yrs. This was about 15yrs ago during Brad Smith era, but me and a football player friend of mine would use their practice facility computer lab a lot. There would be players in there taking exams and teachers used to sit down with them and would basically give them the answers and do the tests for them.

Rams Fan
01-31-2019, 11:48 AM
This has been going on for yrs. This was about 15yrs ago during Brad Smith era, but me and a football player friend of mine would use their practice facility computer lab a lot. There would be players in there taking exams and teachers used to sit down with them and would basically give them the answers and do the tests for them.

The shit at UNC happened for years yet they didn’t get punished.

CoMoChief
01-31-2019, 11:49 AM
But this goes on everywhere, just depends on who gets caught and how well they cover shit up on campus. I literally watched half of Quin's bball team cheat on their final exams. And I think people are niave to think this doesnt go on...some of these players can barely read, add, or speak proper English but then they graduate with a 3.6 or 3.7GPA?

Lol c'mon man...

DJ's left nut
01-31-2019, 11:49 AM

Jamaal Charles maintained eligibility at UT for 3 seasons and he is literally stupid enough to be declared mentally retarded and be allowed to participate in the Special Olympics because of it. LITERALLY.

Man, they must have some fucking fantastic tutors at UT.

Oh wait, no - that's not right. Because Jamaal still couldn't string consecutive thoughts together when he left.

Keeping athletes eligible by hook or by crook has been a time honored tradition for every Division 1 program for decades. It's the rolling a stop sign of the NCAA Guidelines. It's going 5 over in a 55. Nobody has ever given a fuck.

But because UNC embarrassed the shit out of the NCAA with their "well yeah, but ALL of our students have an opportunity to get a meaningless degree" defense and Mizzou's attorneys were stupid enough to concede that she committed an honor code violation in their responses, the NCAA used them to make an example of.

Just remarkable really.

CoMoChief
01-31-2019, 11:52 AM
The shit at UNC happened for years yet they didn’t get punished.

I know. Its ridiculous.

I've had friends that went to class at KU with Brandon Rush, told me the guy literally couldnt read and went to class maybe once a week if that. Not sure how the guy stays academically eligible if hes in college and cant read and doesnt go to class.

Oh wait...yeah I do!

siberian khatru
01-31-2019, 12:01 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In its report, the Committee on Infractions directly addresses the difference between Mizzou and UNC&#39;s cases, which is, essentially, Mizzou admitted to there being fraud and UNC did not. <a href="https://t.co/QZfxIslGC5">pic.twitter.com/QZfxIslGC5</a></p>&mdash; Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) <a href="https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/1091027405462851585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2019</a></blockquote>

Jerm
01-31-2019, 12:03 PM
So we should've just lied our asses off and got a bunch of lawyers....great message NCAA you bunch of useless fucks.

DJ's left nut
01-31-2019, 12:06 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In its report, the Committee on Infractions directly addresses the difference between Mizzou and UNC&#39;s cases, which is, essentially, Mizzou admitted to there being fraud and UNC did not. <a href="https://t.co/QZfxIslGC5">pic.twitter.com/QZfxIslGC5</a></p>&mdash; Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) <a href="https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/1091027405462851585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2019</a></blockquote>

Again - this is so ludicrous that I can't even get mad. It is just outright hilarious.

Lie for over a decade, get caught and defend yourselves on the grounds that "We didn't violate our academic standards because we don't actually have any..." and you're golden.

Fucking self report and say "yes, she violated our academic standards but against the training she was provided and without express direction from anyone associated with the University of Missouri" and you get a 3-sport post-season ban.

Even Kansas fans have to look at this one and shake their heads. I mean it truly is just unreal.

Matrix
01-31-2019, 12:19 PM
I fucking hate the NCAA as much as I do the NFL.

Matrix
01-31-2019, 12:20 PM
Sterk is sacking up

http://tigerboard.com/boards/view.php?message=16105730

Rams Fan
01-31-2019, 12:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Roberts says the fact that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Mizzou</a> self-reported these violations was &quot;a significant issue&quot; in these penalties. &quot;When a member institution self-reports a violation and agrees that it’s a level one violation, there are consequences.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mitchell Forde (@Mitchell4D) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mitchell4D/status/1091037586787840001?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2019</a></blockquote>

So dumb.

redfan
01-31-2019, 12:32 PM
Jeez Louise, they can't even cheat correctly.

Matrix
01-31-2019, 12:35 PM
Cursed school.

Thank god this state has the St. Louis Cardinals.

BryanBusby
01-31-2019, 12:43 PM
what in the actual fuck? LMAO

The NCAA is beyond retarded

Mecca
01-31-2019, 12:47 PM
The NCAA is basically saying we'll bring the hammer down on a school we don't think matters.

BryanBusby
01-31-2019, 01:06 PM
Gonna enjoy my free time on Saturday come this fall LMAO

TomBarndtsTwin
01-31-2019, 01:10 PM

So I gues the NCAA is encouraging its member schools to lie and deny, rather than stand up, admit someone at your university fucked up, and be straightforward.

There really is zero point to following the NCAA’s rules. May as well just start being fucking sleazy and doing what the big time schools do to get the best players you can. There really is no benefit to doing it the ‘right’ way.

BryanBusby
01-31-2019, 01:11 PM
The actual punishment will certainly be reduced on appeal, but it's not going to matter because the damage will already be done

Because Mizzou

Sure-Oz
01-31-2019, 01:16 PM
@RivalsWoody: Breaking: Source close to Kelly Bryant tells me Kelly intends to stay at Missouri, despite today's news.

"He likes what he's got going there and he's going to play his 12 games and try to go undefeated"

Comprehensive coverage on today Missouri news @PowerMizzoucom https://twitter.com/RivalsWoody/status/1091051030966603780/photo/1

BryanBusby
01-31-2019, 01:22 PM
They should just hang national champs banners at the end of next season

And if you're a player that's expecting to be preparing for NFL next year, that's actually not an awful result. Don't have to play a meaningless bowl game in Bumfuck, Idaho or deal with old white guys calling you a bad person for sitting it out

crispystl
01-31-2019, 01:29 PM
The NCAA is basically saying we'll bring the hammer down on a school we don't think matters.

Yeah it's almost like they thought..."Ok MU is big enough and has just enough notoriety for this to look like we're cracking down"...without actually suspending any schools with a realistic shot.

bowener
01-31-2019, 01:33 PM
Cursed school.

And PATRICK FUCKING MAHOMES!

edit: Also, eat shit, NCAA.

Can we just make all athletes minimum wage employees of the athletics department, give them specially discounted tuition, and avoid stupid shit like this with the NCAA/get rid of the NCAA?

Pitt Gorilla
01-31-2019, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure Mizzou could've shown up to the hearing and confessed to ordering a code red and been worse off.

Seriously - this is simply a wholesale repudiation of any kind of defense Mizzou put forward. Had Mizzou come out and said "yeah, Odom, Jamieson and Earleywine were all telling tutors to do the coursework at the guidance of Jim Sterk" I'm not sure the penalties would've been any more severe.

1 tutor and 12 kids over 3 sports and they drop a ****ing hammer. I really don't get it. That's remarkably draconian for what amounts to relatively minor academic eligibility crap. When you look at the shady shit all these teams do to get kids eligible to sign to begin with and the NCAA looks the other way, it blows my mind that they put Mizzou on blast for this.

I'm not even mad as much as I'm just damn puzzled.The University and AD's responses were on point; they're going to fight, which is very un-Mizzou-like.

Oh, and Kelly Bryant is staying.

Matrix
01-31-2019, 02:02 PM
SECRant must be happier than pigs in shit. Inbred trash.

Matrix
01-31-2019, 02:03 PM
And PATRICK ****ING MAHOMES!

Absolutely !

Matrix
01-31-2019, 02:04 PM
There could be some hope in this: https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1091036860275515392

Pitt Gorilla
01-31-2019, 02:16 PM
I would bet just about anything that there is someone with a personal/rival bias on the penalty side.

IF that is the case, things could get really interesting.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-31-2019, 02:20 PM
There could be some hope in this: https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1091036860275515392

It may help with the appeal a little, but I’m not holding my breath. NCAA has a history of enforcing minor crap with heavy consequences against schools that it doesn’t see as ‘necessary’. It’s why they’ve looked the other way with some schools (UNC), minor slap on the wrist for some (LSU), and outright obliviousness with others. Both of the above were far worse with academic fraud then anything that happened at Mizzou with this latest deal.

It’s why the NCAA is seen as a complete joke and a corrupt organization. I hope Sterk takes em down to the mat and attempts to bury them with all their hypocrisy. Get it into federal court if you have to. Put the NCAA on blast and tell all that schools are finally done with this bullshit.

Some program has needed to do it for years, but no one has had the balls to take it all the way. Might as well be Mizzou. I mean, what have they got to lose at this point?

Go big or go home . . . . .

WhawhaWhat
01-31-2019, 02:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Imma just say this.. she was my tutor and barely helped me so im confused. Literally had to switch tutors</p>&mdash; Kentrell Brothers (@Kentrell_Mizzou) <a href="https://twitter.com/Kentrell_Mizzou/status/1091062543337033734?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2019</a></blockquote>

ChiefBlueCFC
01-31-2019, 02:45 PM
I would bet just about anything that there is someone with a personal/rival bias on the penalty side.

IF that is the case, things could get really interesting.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190131/5e9aaffaae4deb143423cce3a11dbfc6.jpg

Just gonna leave this here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomBarndtsTwin
01-31-2019, 02:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Imma just say this.. she was my tutor and barely helped me so im confused. Literally had to switch tutors</p>&mdash; Kentrell Brothers (@Kentrell_Mizzou) <a href="https://twitter.com/Kentrell_Mizzou/status/1091062543337033734?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2019</a></blockquote>

Clearly not his English tutor . . . . .

Matrix
01-31-2019, 04:18 PM
It may help with the appeal a little, but I’m not holding my breath. NCAA has a history of enforcing minor crap with heavy consequences against schools that it doesn’t see as ‘necessary’. It’s why they’ve looked the other way with some schools (UNC), minor slap on the wrist for some (LSU), and outright obliviousness with others. Both of the above were far worse with academic fraud then anything that happened at Mizzou with this latest deal.

It’s why the NCAA is seen as a complete joke and a corrupt organization. I hope Sterk takes em down to the mat and attempts to bury them with all their hypocrisy. Get it into federal court if you have to. Put the NCAA on blast and tell all that schools are finally done with this bullshit.

Some program has needed to do it for years, but no one has had the balls to take it all the way. Might as well be Mizzou. I mean, what have they got to lose at this point?

Go big or go home . . . . .

Amen. The state of MO will be seeing the courtroom a lot this year.

ChiefsCountry
01-31-2019, 05:46 PM
Cursed school.

Or the Royals who have actually won a more recent championship.

Matrix
01-31-2019, 05:51 PM
Or the Royals who have actually won a more recent championship.

Yes, but I'm talking about consistent winning...and the Cardinals are the only sports organization in this state to have done that.

dlphg9
01-31-2019, 08:30 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190131/5e9aaffaae4deb143423cce3a11dbfc6.jpg

Just gonna leave this here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skin that slimy fucker alive. NCAA needs the FIFA treatment.

Titty Meat
01-31-2019, 10:06 PM
While I'm sure yall would take great enjoyment in this happening to my team I'll be real with you. You guys got fucked. This is the last thing MU needs.

The fucked up thing is the year KU won the title I had a friend who was a tutor and did shit for Arthur all the time. Shit Rush paid people to do his hw.

Buehler445
01-31-2019, 10:48 PM

1 tutor and 12 kids over 3 sports and they drop a fucking hammer. I really don't get it. That's remarkably draconian for what amounts to relatively minor academic eligibility crap. When you look at the shady shit all these teams do to get kids eligible to sign to begin with and the NCAA looks the other way, it blows my mind that they put Mizzou on blast for this.

I'm not even mad as much as I'm just damn puzzled.

ROFL

Again - this is so ludicrous that I can't even get mad. It is just outright hilarious.

Lie for over a decade, get caught and defend yourselves on the grounds that "We didn't violate our academic standards because we don't actually have any..." and you're golden.

Fucking self report and say "yes, she violated our academic standards but against the training she was provided and without express direction from anyone associated with the University of Missouri" and you get a 3-sport post-season ban.

Even Kansas fans have to look at this one and shake their heads. I mean it truly is just unreal.

Yeah, as a KU fan, I mean fuck Mizzou and all, but Christ almighty what a joke this is after MU literally got fucking nothing.

I mean, Christ.

All I can say is, Sorry guys. Fuck the NCAA

ChiefsCountry
01-31-2019, 11:56 PM
You should see the tweets from the cunt tutor.

BWillie
02-01-2019, 12:02 AM
You should see the tweets from the **** tutor.

Post em please.

I hate Missouri - but I feel like you guys got screwed.

You have to be a Blue Blood. Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Kansas, UK, Duke, UNC. They'll all be fine.

We run this shit.

Buehler445
02-01-2019, 12:04 AM
Post em please.

You have to be a Blue Blood. Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Kansas, UK, Duke, UNC. They'll all be fine.

We run this shit.

Wouldn't count on that.

If I were a betting man, I'd take the odds that KU gets hammered over the adidas FBI thing and Duke walks , even though they have recruits, 1,2,4 and Adidas guy tried to pay Zion 100 large and he ends up at Duke.

I'd bet money.

BWillie
02-01-2019, 12:08 AM
Wouldn't count on that.

If I were a betting man, I'd take the odds that KU gets hammered over the adidas FBI thing and Duke walks , even though they have recruits, 1,2,4 and Adidas guy tried to pay Zion 100 large and he ends up at Duke.

I'd bet money.

I think we'll slither out of it. Arizona will get hammered. They found out about Ayton and STILL played him.

We found out (at least based on what you can prove) about Billy Preston and held him out indefinitely. Our choice. We did the same thing with Silvio.

NCAA typically goes relatively lighter on those who self impose penalties or act like they give a shit.

Again - not sure what happened to MU. Seems they really got screwed here.

dlphg9
02-01-2019, 01:09 AM
You should see the tweets from the **** tutor.

What a slimy bitch. The lists of names is literally a few no bodies.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I took the ALEKS exam for Austin Logan, so that he could take College Algebra online at Central Methodist University. Afterwards, I told Ryan King the score and that Austin announced he was there to take the test to Kelsey Lovell.</p>&mdash; Yolanda Kumar ☪ (@Muslimgirl1973) <a href="https://twitter.com/Muslimgirl1973/status/1091134064923500544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Quddus Bello late Spring 2015 Introduction to Applied Statistics. He was leaving the university. I was given permission to work long distance with him by Tami Chievous. This course work is poisonous fruit, you will see later.</p>&mdash; Yolanda Kumar ☪ (@Muslimgirl1973) <a href="https://twitter.com/Muslimgirl1973/status/1091135422565150720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bradley McNulty, the summer of measles. He blew the Personal Finance course off because he didn&#39;t know he needed it to play. The late Heather Morris setup a meeting for him to take the test with the instructor, NOT Dr. Ivey the other one.</p>&mdash; Yolanda Kumar ☪ (@Muslimgirl1973) <a href="https://twitter.com/Muslimgirl1973/status/1091136691056853000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matthew Mauk, College Algebra online Adam State. I took a couple of exams and completed homework. Tami told me to stop working on any work for Maty the day after he was suspended.</p>&mdash; Yolanda Kumar ☪ (@Muslimgirl1973) <a href="https://twitter.com/Muslimgirl1973/status/1091138182052265989?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hopefully the little weasel has her life destroyed.

Oh look we have someone coming to her rescue

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You are my hero. Thank you! <a href="https://t.co/cWSLTHtAAg">https://t.co/cWSLTHtAAg</a></p>&mdash; Yolanda Kumar ☪ (@Muslimgirl1973) <a href="https://twitter.com/Muslimgirl1973/status/1091208249423159298?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stupid bitch brought it on herself

DJ's left nut
02-01-2019, 09:28 AM
Post em please.

We run this shit.

That's the biggest problem Mizzou ran into here.

Just big enough to 'make an example out of' but not big enough to unsettle a power balance among the blue bloods in the major revenue sports.

They're in the goldilocks zone for the NCAA. What a rat-fucking.

ChiefsCountry
02-01-2019, 10:37 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You are my hero. Thank you! <a href="https://t.co/cWSLTHtAAg">https://t.co/cWSLTHtAAg</a></p>&mdash; Yolanda Kumar ☪ (@Muslimgirl1973) <a href="https://twitter.com/Muslimgirl1973/status/1091208249423159298?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

One of the most famous alums (maybe it's because he is from Columbia I've heard so much about him)

bowener
02-01-2019, 01:57 PM

He isn't rescuing her he is telling people to stop threatening to kill her or telling her to kill herself. He is right. If you disagree with that then I'm not sure what is wrong with you, but I feel bad for you. She fucked up and she very well may fuck up some other people's lives, and she should be punished accordingly, but murder is not the answer.

Matrix
02-01-2019, 02:44 PM
This is the price for being #woke.

siberian khatru
02-01-2019, 03:29 PM
True Son:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jon Sundvold, chairman of the University of Missouri System Board of Curators, not pulling any punches on the NCAA ruling on Mizzou <a href="https://t.co/V4BnWlVeD3">pic.twitter.com/V4BnWlVeD3</a></p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1091437034554707969?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2019</a></blockquote>

RollChiefsRoll
02-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Maty Mauk--LOL

Titty Meat
02-16-2019, 09:56 PM
Why did coach Kul leave Mizzou?

duncan_idaho
02-17-2019, 07:28 AM
Why did coach Kul leave Mizzou?

Because he’s a giant baby.

He was incensed when Pinkel passed him over for the DC spot and hired Odom after Steckel left. He almost left that year to take the DL guy on an Illinois staff that was obviously in its last year. He didn’t speak to Odom the entire season he was coordinating the DL for him.

On his way out the door, he abused his relationship with a Non-recruiting coaching staff member to get a complete copy of the playbook in electronic form... and then sent copies to every other team in the SEC.

He’s an egotistical baby. There’s a reason he has not lasted anywhere since leaving Mizzou.

DJ's left nut
02-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Kiper says he has Beckner Jr as a late Day 2 pick at this point.

If so, that'd be a nice use of our 3rd rounder provided...I think. He's a heck of a talent but I'm not sure he's a perfect fit for our DL. We need rotational depth there, though and if he's simply a sub-package player when we kick Jones out to DE in Nickel formations, that could be pretty handy.

I don't think he's quite explosive enough to be the strong side DE in a perfect world. He's really something of a poor man's Jones. But depending on the board at that point, I'd be hard pressed to pass on him; that would be a really nice value pick in the late 3rd, IMO.

O.city
02-19-2019, 12:41 PM
Kiper says he has Beckner Jr as a late Day 2 pick at this point.

If so, that'd be a nice use of our 3rd rounder provided...I think. He's a heck of a talent but I'm not sure he's a perfect fit for our DL. We need rotational depth there, though and if he's simply a sub-package player when we kick Jones out to DE in Nickel formations, that could be pretty handy.

I don't think he's quite explosive enough to be the strong side DE in a perfect world. He's really something of a poor man's Jones. But depending on the board at that point, I'd be hard pressed to pass on him; that would be a really nice value pick in the late 3rd, IMO.

In a sense of just putting as many dudes out there to rush the passer as I could, i'd take him.

DJ's left nut
02-19-2019, 12:53 PM
In a sense of just putting as many dudes out there to rush the passer as I could, i'd take him.

Yeah, and if you subbed him in for Nnadi instead of kicking Jones out, your push up the middle would be pretty outstanding, especially if they can find a way to keep Ford here as a Leo.

He'd be a great rotational fit and that's a fine use of a 3rd round pick. I still don't know that I believe he'll be there in the late 3rd, though.

Sassy Squatch
02-19-2019, 04:08 PM
That's the MO of Spagnuolo. Why not if he's there