PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2021, 01:33 PM
You keep pushing the "EB has a past" line and it's a WEAK EXCUSE!!..

I'm not pushing anything, you buttfucking moron.

his minor issues were decades ago and like i said before Matt Patricia had a rape case on his record and was hired by the Pats and Lions.

Matt Patricia didn't tell the Patriots about the alleged rape or the indictment, so they had no idea that it happened.

Patricia was hired by the Lions, then a Detroit News reporter did something that NO ONE else did, including the Patriots and the Lions, which was to pull a Background Report on Patricia and BOOM! The indictment was found.

The Lions decided not to fire Patricia over it, which is hindsight, was another great decision by a legendary franchise.

So you're gonna need to spin a different record because this one ain't it buddy.

I'm not your "buddy" and you are completely wrong, as usual.

mkp785
01-11-2021, 01:34 PM
Lol he was banned from a college campus and a possible cover up of sexual misconduct certainly isnt a weak excuse.

Patricia raped a woman. There's a difference-a big one.

htismaqe
01-11-2021, 01:36 PM

Actually when it comes to being a head coach and leader of the team, the allegations against Bienemy are pretty damning.

It shows a lack of leadership and institutional control.

UChieffyBugger
01-11-2021, 01:40 PM
Lol he was banned from a college campus and a possible cover up of sexual misconduct certainly isnt a weak excuse.

That involved the STUDENTS, NOT HIM. And Matt Patricia has a rape case hanging over his head...why didn't that stop him from being hired?

The Franchise
So he’s just going to be OC here forever? Or at least until some college offers him a HC job?

Gary Cooper

Come on. Does Matt Patricia look like someone who is a rapist?

UChieffyBugger
01-11-2021, 01:43 PM
Actually when it comes to being a head coach and leader of the team, the allegations against Bienemy are pretty damning.

It shows a lack of leadership and institutional control.

Yeah..things that happened decades ago that are minor in relation to other coach's records should keep the guy from getting a job that way less deserving coach's are getting..GREAT LOGIC SMH

htismaqe
01-11-2021, 01:45 PM
Yeah..things that happened decades ago that are minor in relation to other coach's records should keep the guy from getting a job that way less deserving coach's are getting..GREAT LOGIC SMH

It's not my logic.

It's reality.

People get fired every day for a picture of a bong they post on Facebook 10 years ago.

That's the world we live in, like it or not.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
If EB doesn’t get a job then the owners are racist

KChiefs1

Yes

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7aD7AzI8pFkFlnag/giphy.gif

htismaqe
That involved the STUDENTS, NOT HIM. And Matt Patricia has a rape case hanging over his head...why didn't that stop him from being hired?

He was responsible for those students.

KChiefs1
01-11-2021, 01:47 PM

Have you been watching the news for the last 4 years?

UChieffyBugger
01-11-2021, 01:48 PM
I'm not pushing anything, you butt****ing moron.

Matt Patricia didn't tell the Patriots about the alleged rape or the indictment, so they had no idea that it happened.

Patricia was hired by the Lions, then a Detroit News reporter did something that NO ONE else did, including the Patriots and the Lions, which was to pull a Background Report on Patricia and BOOM! The indictment was found.

The Lions decided not to fire Patricia over it, which is hindsight, was another great decision by a legendary franchise.

I'm not your "buddy" and you are completely wrong, as usual.

Dumb morons like you keep bringing up minor issues from decades ago that have absolutely nothing to do with his ability to be great head coach. One rule for EB, Another rule for others apparently. And if you think people didn't know about Patricia before they hired him then your more stupid than I thought.

UChieffyBugger
01-11-2021, 01:50 PM
He was responsible for those students.

So he should control them for 24 hours a day?

htismaqe
01-11-2021, 01:51 PM
So he should control them for 24 hours a day?

Um, yeah.

That's the expectation, right or wrong.

Do you follow college sports at all?

Perineum Ripper
01-11-2021, 01:52 PM

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/you-are-so-dumb-gif-5.gif

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2021, 01:53 PM
Dumb morons like you keep bringing up minor issues from decades ago that have absolutely nothing to do with his ability to be great head coach. One rule for EB, Another rule for others apparently. And if you think people didn't know about Patricia before they hired him then your more stupid than I thought.

You do not live in reality

Oh yeah, and fuck off.

mkp785
01-11-2021, 01:57 PM

Not if she can run fast. Or even just jog lightly away. He'd fall over of heart attack after about 10 feet.

JakeF
01-11-2021, 01:58 PM
Atlanta would love it if they hired a Black HC

The Atlanta Falcons had a strong interview with Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bienemy on Monday for their head-coaching job, according to a source who was involved in the hours-long interview. Bienemy has interviewed for multiple head-coaching openings and is considered one of the top head-coaching candidates this cycle. The Falcons officials are furious about reports that the 51-year-old didn't interview well and "absolutely refute" those reports. Along with a new head coach, Atlanta is also in the process of interviewing candidates to be their next general manager. The Falcons fired head coach Dan Quinn and GM Thomas Dimitroff during the regular season. Among the new GM's biggest priorities heading into 2021 will be to determine if quarterback Matt Ryan and veteran wide receiver Julio Jones remain part of their future plans.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller

htismaqe
01-11-2021, 02:00 PM
Atlanta would love it if they hired a Black HC

The Atlanta Falcons had a strong interview with Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bienemy on Monday for their head-coaching job, according to a source who was involved in the hours-long interview. Bienemy has interviewed for multiple head-coaching openings and is considered one of the top head-coaching candidates this cycle. The Falcons officials are furious about reports that the 51-year-old didn't interview well and "absolutely refute" those reports. Along with a new head coach, Atlanta is also in the process of interviewing candidates to be their next general manager. The Falcons fired head coach Dan Quinn and GM Thomas Dimitroff during the regular season. Among the new GM's biggest priorities heading into 2021 will be to determine if quarterback Matt Ryan and veteran wide receiver Julio Jones remain part of their future plans.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller

They need to dump Matt Ryan.

CasselGotPeedOn
01-11-2021, 02:02 PM

Go make some friends and leave this place forever. Please, I beg of you...

KChiefs1
01-11-2021, 02:03 PM

Ryan needs to go to the 49ers.

KChiefs1
01-11-2021, 02:04 PM

That will be the talking heads narrative no doubt.

JakeF
01-11-2021, 02:13 PM
Probably, but Hotlanta will like the hiring of EB ... for awhile.

mkp785
01-11-2021, 02:21 PM
Probably, but Hotlanta will like the hiring of EB ... for awhile.

Someone needs to hire him so we can get our 3rd picks. Someone needs to tell Kakfa to do a 23 and me as well. Maybe he can find some minority blood in his family and get us some more picks when he gets hired.

dlphg9
01-11-2021, 02:34 PM
That will be the talking heads narrative no doubt.

It was already a narrative that was pushed last year when he didn't get hired. It's fucking stupid.

The Franchise
01-11-2021, 02:35 PM
I just want him to get hired so I can stop having to hear this shit every offseason. Plus I want those 3rd round picks.

dlphg9
01-11-2021, 02:42 PM
A big thing that a lot of people are failing to mention when they bring up Nagy and Pederson getting HC positions, but EB getting skipped over, is the fact that Nagy and Pederson were both given play calling duties. Both those coaches and Andy Reid have admitted that they called numerous plays for a half or an entire game. Bieniemy has never been the play caller for us.

I'm sure that's a pretty big negative mark in the eyes of these GMs/Owners.

staylor26
01-11-2021, 02:45 PM
A big thing that a lot of people are failing to mention when they bring up Nagy and Pederson getting HC positions, but EB getting skipped over, is the fact that Nagy and Pederson were both given play calling duties. Both those coaches and Andy Reid have admitted that they called numerous plays for a half or an entire game. Bieniemy has never been the play caller for us.

I’ve been saying it since last year, but it isn’t just about play calling duties.

It’s about EB being a RB coach, while those guys were QB coaches. Teams want a guy that can coach/develop QB’s these days. It’s really that simple.

JakeF
01-11-2021, 02:59 PM
I’ve been saying it since last year, but it isn’t just about play calling duties.

It’s about EB being a RB coach, while those guys were QB coaches. Teams want a guy that can coach/develop QB’s these days. It’s really that simple.
It's true.

Running backs are now considered disposable in the NFL. Promoting a good RB coach is just not as appealing. Bieniemy coming to town and fixing the running game isn't comparable to Kafka coming to town and fixing the passing game.

Not fair, but it's the reality of the current NFL.

Iconic
01-11-2021, 03:02 PM
Lol who cares? If no one hires Bienemy it's great for us. Let him keep coming back year after year learning under Reid. We just won a SB with Bienemy as the OC, continuity is only a plus not a minus here. If Kafka gets hired I really wouldn't care much. Reid knows how to build a staff and a replacement of similar quality will turn up. Nothing to worry about here.

staylor26
01-11-2021, 03:05 PM
Lol who cares? If no one hires Bienemy it's great for us. Let him keep coming back year after year learning under Reid. We just won a SB with Bienemy as the OC, continuity is only a plus not a minus here. If Kafka gets hired I really wouldn't care much. Reid knows how to build a staff and a replacement of similar quality will turn up. Nothing to worry about here.

We get a 3rd round comp pick this year and next if he becomes a HC, that’s why most of us care...

Iconic
01-11-2021, 03:06 PM
If the staff that got you a Lombardi last year can be retained I think I'd take that over two late 3rds lol. Either way it's a dub.

Oh Snap
01-11-2021, 03:15 PM
I always thought he should stay in KC and possibly take over once Andy decides to retire from all the winning.

patteeu
01-11-2021, 03:15 PM
Someone needs to hire him so we can get our 3rd picks. Someone needs to tell Kakfa to do a 23 and me as well. Maybe he can find some minority blood in his family and get us some more picks when he gets hired.

Someone needs to hire him so we can get our 3rd round picks and then promote Kafka to OC.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-11-2021, 03:17 PM
I always thought he should stay in KC and possibly take over once Andy decides to retire from all the winning.

That’s my thought as well but EB may be 60 when that happens

mkp785
01-11-2021, 03:54 PM
Someone needs to hire him so we can get our 3rd round picks and then promote Kafka to OC.

I think there's a real decent chance Kafka is gone too. If we repeat and there's still openings left it might be a foregone conclusion.

I'm sure everyone is fine hiring Pederson to replace them but I'm not sure if he'll be available either. Nagy doesn't seem long for Chicago though. Wonder what the opinion is on him coming back.....

KCJake
01-11-2021, 03:56 PM
To me, this article is probably closer to the truth than most of you think.

htismaqe
01-11-2021, 03:57 PM

Not just QB coaches - former QB's.

EB was a RB coach and a former RB.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-11-2021, 04:01 PM
Kafka and Bieniemy tied as favorites to become the next Eagles Head Coach

Chieftain
01-11-2021, 04:11 PM
I have a feeling EB will be the next Falcons coach. Could be a transitional hire as ATL is in the process of a rebuild.

chiefzilla1501
01-11-2021, 04:17 PM
Kafka and Bieniemy tied as favorites to become the next Eagles Head Coach

Actually could be interesting for bieniemy to HC with Nagy as OC. Wouldn't trust either to run an offense but they might actually be good as a duo.

htismaqe
01-11-2021, 04:22 PM
Actually could be interesting for bieniemy to HC with Nagy as OC. Wouldn't trust either to run an offense but they might actually be good as a duo.

The Bears are dumb.

Nagy managed a winning record and the playoffs in 2 out of 3 seasons with shit on offense, especially at QB.

The Franchise
01-11-2021, 04:28 PM
It would be a very Howie Roseman thing to do.....to hire EB after firing Pederson. Maybe EB will be more of a yes man.

warpaint*
01-11-2021, 04:43 PM
I just want him hired for the 3r

No clue if he’d be any good as hc and the offense doesn’t miss a beat here with or without him - which sounds like an insult but isn’t intended to be

RealSNR
01-11-2021, 05:30 PM
To me, this article is probably closer to the truth than most of you think.

If teams are so concerned about his past, why the fuck does he get so many interviews? Why interview a particular coach at all if you're just going to tell him to get fucked because of the shady shit that you already knew about? It's not the Rooney Rule, either. There are plenty of black coaches getting interviews out there.

Is he a bad interview? I doubt it. Reid gets his guys hired, and it hasn't been an issue in the past for teams if they didn't know or understand what an OC actually does for Andy Reid.

Beyond that, none of you know the role he plays within the offense. All you can do is speculate. Just like all you can do is speculate about why Bieniemy hasn't gotten hired yet. Maybe it's all the things I listed above. Maybe it's because he's black.

Or maaaaaaaybe.... get this, guys.... maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe it's because if teams want to hire Bieniemy, they have to wait until the Chiefs are out of the playoffs, and for the past two seasons the Chiefs have played all the way through the conference championship weekend. There's a chance they have to wait up to 4 more weeks to bring in Bieniemy if he really is the guy.

Do you think maybe, just maybe THAT'S the reason why he gets passed over for jobs?

KChiefs1
01-11-2021, 05:32 PM
An extra 3rd round pick would be nice.

UChieffyBugger
01-11-2021, 05:35 PM
You do not live in reality

Oh yeah, and **** off.

Oh piss off you utter clown...babbling like every coach in the league is a saint compared to EB!!.. smh at this dork ROFL

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2021, 05:35 PM
If teams are so concerned about his past, why the fuck does he get so many interviews?

The NFL media, including every single CBS, Fox, ESPN and NFL Network commentator, have been pushing Bieniemy as a head coach for nearly two years running.

This push hasn't been coming from inside the NFL but from broadcasters.

wazu
01-11-2021, 05:42 PM
If teams are so concerned about his past, why the fuck does he get so many interviews? Why interview a particular coach at all if you're just going to tell him to get fucked because of the shady shit that you already knew about? It's not the Rooney Rule, either. There are plenty of black coaches getting interviews out there.

Is he a bad interview? I doubt it. Reid gets his guys hired, and it hasn't been an issue in the past for teams if they didn't know or understand what an OC actually does for Andy Reid.

Beyond that, none of you know the role he plays within the offense. All you can do is speculate. Just like all you can do is speculate about why Bieniemy hasn't gotten hired yet. Maybe it's all the things I listed above. Maybe it's because he's black.

Or maaaaaaaybe.... get this, guys.... maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe it's because if teams want to hire Bieniemy, they have to wait until the Chiefs are out of the playoffs, and for the past two seasons the Chiefs have played all the way through the conference championship weekend. There's a chance they have to wait up to 4 more weeks to bring in Bieniemy if he really is the guy.

Do you think maybe, just maybe THAT'S the reason why he gets passed over for jobs?

If I were an NFL team looking for a head coach, and after doing some interviews decided EB was the one that really felt like the right fit, I'd wait. If what you're saying is true all the other teams are gonna snatch up guys who are already out of the playoffs anyway, so I'll have less competition to bid against.

htismaqe
01-11-2021, 05:53 PM

Dude, he satisfies the Rooney Rule. That's a big part of why he's getting interviews, like it or not.

RealSNR
01-11-2021, 06:37 PM
Dude, he satisfies the Rooney Rule. That's a big part of why he's getting interviews, like it or not.

Again. If I’m an owner/GM and I’m concerned about his past, why waste my time? There are plenty of black coaches to bring in to satisfy the rule

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2021, 06:41 PM
Again. If I’m an owner/GM and I’m concerned about his past, why waste my time? There are plenty of black coaches to bring in to satisfy the rule

Because, as we've seen with the Texans, there will be attacks on teams that do not interview Bieniemy.

I actually feel a bit sorry for EB because if he's hired, he'd better turnaround a team quickly and win quickly but if not, he'll never sniff another HC opportunity because he has the weight of the NFL media behind him.

kevrunner
01-11-2021, 07:44 PM
It’s a compensatory 3rd pick, which really is an early 4th rounder since these picks are after the 3rd round is finished.

Coogs
01-11-2021, 07:56 PM

EB is the hot name. Interviews for 5 of the 6 teams right out of the gates. 5 of the 6 teams have the Rooney Rule box checked, with the hot name of the year. Regardless of how many other black coaches are out there. Interview some black DB coach out of who knows where and don't give him a job as your HC, and it reeks of "the Rooney Rule". This way, not so much.

RealSNR
01-11-2021, 10:05 PM
EB is the hot name. Interviews for 5 of the 6 teams right out of the gates. 5 of the 6 teams have the Rooney Rule box checked, with the hot name of the year. Regardless of how many other black coaches are out there. Interview some black DB coach out of who knows where and don't give him a job as your HC, and it reeks of "the Rooney Rule". This way, not so much.

Then somebody needs to step in and stop this shit.

Because all it’s doing is giving us a distracted coaching assistant in the middle of the playoffs. Every fucking year.

J Diddy
01-11-2021, 10:08 PM
Perhaps we deal and trad the picks we'd get for someone else picking him as the head coach.

ROYC75
01-12-2021, 03:48 AM

No not really, only if you are wanting the HC to be involved calling plays.

Think about this, How many former DC/HC hires call offensive plays ? Or ST coaches calling either offense or defense?

It's why they hire coordinators to work both sides!

A HC should be a leader of men with an overall general knowledge of football, mainly situational situations. He must be able to make good situational reactions based on the circumstances.

It's not just based on being able to call plays.

kevrunner
01-12-2021, 12:49 PM
The Texans have requested permission to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for their head-coaching vacancy.

htismaqe
01-12-2021, 12:55 PM
Think about this, How many former DC/HC hires call offensive plays ? Or ST coaches calling either offense or defense?

Actually there's more than a few HC's that call their own defense or offense now. It's becoming very commonplace.

htismaqe
01-12-2021, 12:55 PM
The Texans have requested permission to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for their head-coaching vacancy.

Trying to save face. ROFL

chiefzilla1501
01-12-2021, 01:01 PM

Why in the world would he say yes to this interview. Although I hope he does. We know he won't get it and they'll be in even hotter water with Watson if they interview him only to go with their patriots stooge.

chiefzilla1501
01-12-2021, 01:05 PM
This is hilarious. So Houston isn't even allowed to interview bieniemy. They missed their window apparently. Can't interview him until the Chiefs are done with their season. Nice work, Easterby.

kevrunner
01-12-2021, 01:07 PM
Why in the world would he say yes to this interview. Although I hope he does. We know he won't get it and they'll be in even hotter water with Watson if they interview him only to go with their patriots stooge.

Maybe the Texans have come to their senses, I doubt it, but I can’t believe they would rather hire Jim Caldwell then take a chance on EB.

A buzz is building in league circles that Caldwell could be the next coach in Houston

Sassy Squatch
01-12-2021, 01:09 PM
They may go ahead and hire him just to placate Watson. Terrible reason to hire a coach but whatever gets us those extra 3rds.

staylor26
01-12-2021, 01:10 PM
No not really, only if you are wanting the HC to be involved calling plays.

It's why they hire coordinators to work both sides!

A HC should be a leader of men with an overall general knowledge of football, mainly situational situations. He must be able to make good situational reactions based on the circumstances.

It's not just based on being able to call plays.

But if your HC isn’t a play caller, then your OC obviously needs to be, and if they’re a good one, they won’t be around long.

When your HC is a play caller, losing an OC isn’t nearly as bad. The Chiefs are the perfect example of this.

Megatron96
01-12-2021, 01:10 PM
Actually there's more than a few HC's that call their own defense or offense now. It's becoming very commonplace.

Most don't though. Heck, most of the best HCs in NFL history never called an offensive play in the NFL.

Sassy Squatch
01-12-2021, 01:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Houston will have to wait: Based on the anti-tampering policy, the initial interview window for Eric Bieniemy closed Sunday, so the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> aren&#39;t permitted to interview him until the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> lose or after the Super Bowl, whichever comes first. <a href="https://t.co/6zMHwxmcFC">https://t.co/6zMHwxmcFC</a></p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1349065676862992389?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefzilla1501
01-12-2021, 01:15 PM
Maybe the Texans have come to their senses, I doubt it, but I can’t believe they would rather hire Jim Caldwell then take a chance on EB.

A buzz is building in league circles that Caldwell could be the next coach in Houston

I'll believe it when I see it. These stooges only hire their own stooges. It's McDaniels and daboll with everyone else a distance second for them. This is probably their way of floating rumors to make it sound like they're trying. Trying not to read into why their coaching short list all of a sudden includes a bunch of black guys.

Sassy Squatch
01-12-2021, 01:15 PM
LMAO Wouldn't put it past McNair and his stooges to wait until after the legal tampering period just so they can tell Watson they "tried" but don't want to lose who they end up hiring by waiting.

chiefzilla1501
01-12-2021, 01:22 PM
LMAO Wouldn't put it past McNair and his stooges to wait until after the legal tampering period just so they can tell Watson they "tried" but don't want to lose who they end up hiring by waiting.

The sudden buzz about Caldwell and all of a sudden Marvin Lewis, Frazier, bieniemy popping onto their short seems to point to this being blatant pandering.

kevrunner
01-12-2021, 01:36 PM
EB should at least publicly agree to the interview, that way the Texans cannot sign a new coach at least until after his interview, which won’t be able to happen for around a month most likely. If they sign someone before then, Watson has probably played his last snap for the Texans.

TribalElder
01-12-2021, 01:37 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Deshaun Watson hearing the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> are gonna interview Eric Bieniemy now... <a href="https://t.co/MKhz4ThZXl">pic.twitter.com/MKhz4ThZXl</a></p>&mdash; Kimberley A. Martin (@ByKimberleyA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByKimberleyA/status/1349064357641138180?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

eDave
01-12-2021, 01:39 PM
Maybe it's his politics.

RealSNR
01-12-2021, 02:17 PM
The Texans could certainly do worse than Jim Caldwell.

MahomesMagic
01-12-2021, 03:02 PM
The Texans could certainly do worse than Jim Caldwell.

Caldwell wasn't good enough for Detroit so they hired Patricia.

:eek:

Easy 6
01-12-2021, 03:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Deshaun Watson hearing the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> are gonna interview Eric Bieniemy now... <a href="https://t.co/MKhz4ThZXl">pic.twitter.com/MKhz4ThZXl</a></p>&mdash; Kimberley A. Martin (@ByKimberleyA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByKimberleyA/status/1349064357641138180?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:LOL:

wazu
01-12-2021, 04:12 PM
Caldwell wasn't good enough for Detroit so they hired Patricia.

:eek:

In the last 50 years Caldwell is the only coach to have a winning record in Detroit. Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't want Caldwell, but he belongs in the Lions Hall of Fame.

DaneMcCloud
01-12-2021, 04:22 PM
The sudden buzz about Caldwell and all of a sudden Marvin Lewis, Frazier, bieniemy popping onto their short seems to point to this being blatant pandering.

What the fuck?

Marvin Lewis interviewed with some teams in December and has interviewed with several others since.

Caldwell's name has been out there most of this season, especially considering how the Lions completely fell apart after firing him.

Frazier's name has been out there since December as well.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-12-2021, 04:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Houston will have to wait: Based on the anti-tampering policy, the initial interview window for Eric Bieniemy closed Sunday, so the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> aren&#39;t permitted to interview him until the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> lose or after the Super Bowl, whichever comes first. <a href="https://t.co/6zMHwxmcFC">https://t.co/6zMHwxmcFC</a></p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1349065676862992389?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So EB won't be available to interview till after the Super Bowl.

Bum deal for EB and the Texans . . . . . . .

chiefzilla1501
01-12-2021, 05:12 PM
What the ****?

Marvin Lewis interviewed with some teams in December and has interviewed with several others since.

Caldwell's name has been out there most of this season, especially considering how the Lions completely fell apart after firing him.

Frazier's name has been out there since December as well.

I'm talking about the Texans. Not commenting on any of their qualifications. They're clearly saving face after the bieniemy fiasco.

chiefzilla1501
01-12-2021, 05:24 PM
So EB won't be available to interview till after the Super Bowl.

Bum deal for EB and the Texans . . . . . . .

They had all week. If they hadnt been stupid they would have interviewed EB to appease Watson even if they weren't that interested. It's a bum deal for Watson. Its a good deal for EB not being considered by these idiots. Houston has no one to blame but themself.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-13-2021, 12:55 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Been texting with an NFL source this morning who thinks there&#39;s a very strong chance Eric Bieniemy isn&#39;t hired for a HC opportunity this cycle.<br><br>Cites concern about Reid&#39;s coaching tree and timing w/Chiefs expected to make another SB run</p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1349420953332305932?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RunKC
01-13-2021, 12:58 PM
Yes by all means. Andy’s tree that’s produced 2 SB Champs, another coach in a SB and a coach that has turned the Bills around.

But yeah...go ahead and hire a Patriot and see how that works out you stupid fuck

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-13-2021, 12:59 PM
Yes by all means. Andy’s tree that’s produced 2 SB Champs, another coach in a SB and a coach that has turned the Bills around.

But yeah...go ahead and hire a Patriot and see how that works out you stupid ****

And you wonder why teams go through new coaches every 2-3 years..... if EB doesn’t get a job this year then I don’t think he ever will honestly. If I’m Andy I tell EB and Veach that EB will be the next head coach of the Chiefs whenever I retire

staylor26
01-13-2021, 01:01 PM

But yeah...go ahead and hire a Patriot and see how that works out you stupid fuck

Yea what a fucking joke.

There’s not a better coaching tree currently in the NFL and it’s not even remotely close.

Pants
01-13-2021, 01:04 PM
The "NFL Source" could be anybody. It's fucking Twitter, you guys, and that quote had zero substance anyway.

louie aguiar
01-13-2021, 01:06 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs assistant director of player personnel Ryan Poles had a second interview with Panthers this week, per source.</p>&mdash; Joe Person (@josephperson) <a href="https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1349370404511633409?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

louie aguiar
01-13-2021, 01:07 PM
I believe that if Poles lands the Panthers GM job, the Chiefs would net a 3rd round comp pick

staylor26
01-13-2021, 01:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs assistant director of player personnel Ryan Poles had a second interview with Panthers this week, per source.</p>&mdash; Joe Person (@josephperson) <a href="https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1349370404511633409?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So we may get 2 3rd round comp picks anyways?

Man, I’d love for Poles and Bieniemy both to get hired. 3 years in a row with 3rd round comp picks would be HUGE.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-13-2021, 01:08 PM
Damn Poles would be a good hire for the Panthers. He the director of college scouting I believe so people like Sneed he has founded

ToxSocks
01-13-2021, 01:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Been texting with an NFL source this morning who thinks there&#39;s a very strong chance Eric Bieniemy isn&#39;t hired for a HC opportunity this cycle.<br><br>Cites concern about Reid&#39;s coaching tree and timing w/Chiefs expected to make another SB run</p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1349420953332305932?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Problems with Reid's coaching tree?

ROFL that's how i know this tweet is full of shit. People have a problem with SB winning HC's i guess.

Hoover
01-13-2021, 01:19 PM
So we may get 2 3rd round comp picks anyways?

Man, I’d love for Poles and Bieniemy both to get hired. 3 years in a row with 3rd round comp picks would be HUGE.
What is one gets hired this year and one the next year, would we get 4 then?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-13-2021, 01:21 PM
EB might try special team coaching for diversity

Edit: lack of QB coaching is said to be a problem & a step back

chiefzilla1501
01-13-2021, 01:35 PM
Yea what a ****ing joke.

There’s not a better coaching tree currently in the NFL and it’s not even remotely close.

I know some people give him shit, but it's nuts that Toub isn't regularly included in HC searches either. There's no doubt it's because the patriot tentacles have infected too many teams across the league.

staylor26
01-13-2021, 01:49 PM
What is one gets hired this year and one the next year, would we get 4 then?

That’s a very good question.

Dunerdr
01-13-2021, 02:17 PM
I know some people give him shit, but it's nuts that Toub isn't regularly included in HC searches either. There's no doubt it's because the patriot tentacles have infected too many teams across the league.

He's where EB will be if hes not hired soon, banished to the shadow realm.

KChiefs1
01-14-2021, 05:19 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Why doesn’t Eric Bienemy have a head coaching job?”<br>“I think a lot of people think that black people aren’t that smart.”- <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@getnickwright</a> <br><br>It’s crazy, I don’t think I’ve ever actually heard someone say it like that but he’s 100% right.</p>&mdash; #BlackLivesMatter (@Richie59FIFTY) <a href="https://twitter.com/Richie59FIFTY/status/1349855656757653506?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

patteeu
01-14-2021, 05:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Why doesn’t Eric Bienemy have a head coaching job?”<br>“I think a lot of people think that black people aren’t that smart.”- <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@getnickwright</a> <br><br>It’s crazy, I don’t think I’ve ever actually heard someone say it like that but he’s 100% right.</p>&mdash; #BlackLivesMatter (@Richie59FIFTY) <a href="https://twitter.com/Richie59FIFTY/status/1349855656757653506?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe people just think Eric Bienemy isn’t very smart. :shrug:

staylor26
01-14-2021, 05:50 PM

What a ridiculous claim by the cuck Nick Wright.

Titty Meat
01-14-2021, 06:00 PM

No it's because of his background and in America we dont give people second chances anymore because of the society people like Nick Wright have helped create

Sassy Squatch
01-14-2021, 06:08 PM
Smells like DC in here.

RealSNR
01-14-2021, 06:25 PM
The "NFL Source" could be anybody. It's fucking Twitter, you guys, and that quote had zero substance anyway.

According to one NFL Source, the Houston Texans are assembling the greatest front office and team leadership staff to ever grace the NFL. The source continued, "It's all thanks to that smart, stylish, and handsome Jack Easterby that the Houston Texans have brought in the best personnel team to find the right 53 players. Praise be to Jack (and Christ Jesus!)"

Mecca
01-14-2021, 06:37 PM
We all knew that, that is where it was going to go...Pederson got hired, Nagy got hired, guys like Zac Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury and Matt Lafluer got jobs, I can easily argue that Bienemy is far more qualified than any of them...

Where else do you think that narrative is gonna go?

ThyKingdomCome15
01-14-2021, 06:45 PM
Reid chose EB as a social experiment. He simply can't keep a white coach.

patteeu
01-14-2021, 06:46 PM
We all knew that, that is where it was going to go...Pederson got hired, Nagy got hired, guys like Zac Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury and Matt Lafluer got jobs, I can easily argue that Bienemy is far more qualified than any of them...

Resumes only tell part of the story.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 06:46 PM

Every one of those guys was a QB coach.

It’s a lazy take.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 06:48 PM
Every one of those guys was a QB coach.

It’s a lazy take.

It's what sits on the surface, top assistants from SB winning teams basically always get hired. Teams keep hiring Patriots fucktards even though they have about a 5% success rate.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 06:50 PM
It's what sits on the surface, top assistants from SB winning teams basically always get hired. Teams keep hiring Patriots fucktards even though they have about a 5% success rate.

Do YOU think it’s because he’s black?

One of those “Patriots fucktards” was black...

Mecca
01-14-2021, 06:52 PM
Do YOU think it’s because he’s black?

One of those “Patriots fucktards” was black...

I'm honestly not sure what it is, I think it could be but I'm not inside of the circle. I won't just out and out say it's because he's black because I don't know with 100% certainty, but the entire thing is weird.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 06:54 PM
I'm honestly not sure what it is, I think it could be but I'm not inside of the circle. I won't just out and out say it's because he's black because I don't know with 100% certainty, but the entire thing is weird.

It’s only weird if you are incapable of looking at other potential reasons that actually make sense.

Like his failure as a college HC, the fact that he’s a glorified RB coach, multiple reports that he doesn’t interview well, etc...

But sure it’s simply because of the color of his skin in 2021. The NFL is obviously racist.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 06:55 PM
It’s only weird if you are incapable of looking at other potential reasons that actually make sense.

This is a league where Mike McCarthy is a HC...I've made plenty of jokes about guys like Brad Childress not doing anything when they were Reid assistants but his coaching tree has a good track record.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 06:56 PM

Like his failure as a college HC, the fact that he’s a glorified RB coach, multiple reports that he doesn’t interview well, etc...

But sure it’s simply because of the color of his skin in 2021. The NFL is obviously racist.

He wasn't a college HC...

staylor26
01-14-2021, 06:58 PM
This is a league where Mike McCarthy is a HC...I've made plenty of jokes about guys like Brad Childress not doing anything when they were Reid assistants but his coaching tree has a good track record.

Marvin Lewis? Hue Jackson? Anthony Lynn?

What’s your point?

staylor26
01-14-2021, 06:59 PM
He wasn't a college HC...

I meant OC. It’s his only experience as a legitimate play caller with control of the offense.

If you hire a fucking RB coach then you have to nail your OC and DC hire. And if you nail the OC hire, they won’t be around long.

This is a QB driven league, nobody wants a guy that isn’t a QB coach/developer. It’s really simple, and only an idiot like yourself can’t grasp that.

chiefzilla1501
01-14-2021, 07:04 PM
Houston wasn't a race thing. Their stupidity made it one. Watson was interested in bieniemy because Mahomes pounded the table for him. All Houston had to do was give a courtesy interview. They were also the only team to not interview Saleh. I think it's more about the arrogance of these patriot stooges that they don't think they need to.

Let's be real. It's dabolls job to lose. Much as Houston is doing gymnastics to pretend they're entertaining other options. All of a sudden adding guys like bieniemy and Frazier to their list is all weak theatre.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 07:05 PM
Houston wasn't a race thing. Their stupidity made it one. Watson was interested in bieniemy because Mahomes pounded the table for him. All Houston had to do was give a courtesy interview. They were also the only team to not interview Saleh. I don't think it's a race thing. I think it's the arrogance of these patriot stooges that they don't think they need to.

Let's be real. It's dabolls job to lose. Much as Houston is doing gymnastics to pretend they're entertaining other options.

It’s more likely that Daboll gets the Chargers job...

patteeu
01-14-2021, 07:09 PM

I hope not.

RealSNR
01-14-2021, 07:11 PM
Resumes only tell part of the story.

I'm not saying it's race, but give me a break. Eric Bieniemy could be and probably will be a better coach than Zac fucking Taylor.

Sassy Squatch
01-14-2021, 07:12 PM
The obvious answer is his past. This day and age you get scrutinized for your past behavior more than ever, and Bieniemy had a laundry list of things that'll get him raked across the proverbial coals on top of what's already been mentioned

staylor26
01-14-2021, 07:14 PM
I'm not saying it's race, but give me a break. Eric Bieniemy could be and probably will be a better coach than Zac fucking Taylor.

I totally understand that viewpoint, but to ignore why a guy like Taylor got hired in the first place, and the current trend of teams wanting QB coaches/developers at HC, is pure ignorance.

It’s very obvious what the new “prototype” is for a HC.

Now I’m willing to say it’s probably a combination of other things along with that, but that’s always been the biggest difference between Bieniemy and his white peers that have gotten HC jobs while he hasn’t.

RealSNR
01-14-2021, 07:16 PM

What in the blue fuck?

I don't care if you're listing these as "potential" reasons, man. Do you think these are possible reasons for Bieniemy not getting hired? That he's an incompetent leader and would make a terrible head coach?

There's a middle ground between race and Bieniemy being incompetent. It's called, "The timing isn't right." Due to the Chiefs constantly being in the playoff hunt and Bieniemy being unable to be released from his job until they get eliminated. It's the far more logical explanation, and I'm kind of getting pissed that it's getting overlooked by both sides to explain the situation.

patteeu
01-14-2021, 07:17 PM

You could be right. I hope someone hires Bienemy because I think Reid can replace him adequately and because it comes with a compensatory draft pick so it’s low risk/guaranteed reward for the Chiefs.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 07:18 PM
What in the blue fuck?

I don't care if you're listing these as "potential" reasons, man. Do you think these are possible reasons for Bieniemy not getting hired? That he's an incompetent leader and would make a terrible head coach?

There's a middle ground between race and Bieniemy being incompetent. It's called, "The timing isn't right." Due to the Chiefs constantly being in the playoff hunt and Bieniemy being unable to be released from his job until they get eliminated. It's the far more logical explanation, and I'm kind of getting pissed that it's getting overlooked by both sides to explain the situation.

I’m just listing other reasons beyond race dude.

I don’t disagree at all with timing also being an issue. It’s not the only one though.

saphojunkie
01-14-2021, 07:27 PM
No it's because of his background and in America we dont give people second chances anymore because of the society people like Nick Wright have helped create

And Black men in America consistently get fewer - if any - second chances than white men. Both things can be true.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 07:30 PM
And Black men in America consistently get fewer - if any - second chances than white men. Both things can be true.

LMAO :facepalm:

Yea just look at Antonio Brown, Kareem Hunt, Josh Gordon, Tyreek Hill, Randy Gregory, Aldon Smith, etc.

saphojunkie
01-14-2021, 07:32 PM
I don't think it's "because he's Black."

I think his Blackness has something to do with it, though. the owners are overwhelmingly white, and if you're about to hand a guy millions of dollars and put them in charge of your business, you want to feel like you connect with and understand the general you're promoting. Because they are white, they will - as we ALL do - gravitate towards those people who culturally speak the same language. It's not an insurmountable obstacle - there are plenty of instances that prove tis. But it IS an obstacle.

Add to it that Bienemy is whispered to have some college skeletons in his closet, and you have a problem. Additionally, I think we've seen that he can be very very direct in his communication, and it might be a trifecta of things that put off those who would hire him.

I think it's also clear that it is VERY rare to have a coach who is loved by players, ownership, and Media. Reid manages to do it, which is why we are so damn lucky.

Belichick is RESPECTED by players, but I don't hear a lot of guys wanting to "win one for Bill." He got them rings, and they love him for that. The players WANT to win for Bienemy. They love him. Kind of hard to please the brass and the grunts.

saphojunkie
01-14-2021, 07:33 PM

Yea just look at Antonio Brown, Kareem Hunt, Josh Gordon, Tyreek Hill, Randy Gregory, Aldon Smith, etc.

Boy howdy you really nailed me on that one. Yep. You should teach a civics class.

Dipshits like you are why we can't have actual conversations about this.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 07:34 PM
Boy howdy you really nailed me on that one. Yep. You should teach a civics class.

You are claiming that black men don’t get many “if any” second chances, and we’re more specifically talking about the NFL.

You couldn’t be more full of fucking shit.

RealSNR
01-14-2021, 07:35 PM
You could be right. I hope someone hires Bienemy because I think Reid can replace him adequately and because it comes with a compensatory draft pick so it’s low risk/guaranteed reward for the Chiefs.

I know I'm right.

It's crucially important to get the QB right, which is why these young QB coaches are getting these jobs. But if your head coach is a locker room boob like Adam Gase, I don't care how good he is with QBs.

And while resume isn't everything, a resume as sparse and unimpressive as Zac Taylor's should be a HUGE red flag. Young guys can coach, sure, but then you better be showing some results along the way if you want the fast track to the top jobs.

Zac Taylor has nothing.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 07:37 PM
I know I'm right.

It's crucially important to get the QB right, which is why these young QB coaches are getting these jobs. But if your head coach is a locker room boob like Adam Gase, I don't care how good he is with QBs.

And while resume isn't everything, a resume as sparse and unimpressive as Zac Taylor's should be a HUGE red flag. Young guys can coach, sure, but then you better be showing some results along the way if you want the fast track to the top jobs.

Zac Taylor has nothing.

Look man, I get it, but it’s the same reason why teams draft shit QB prospects in the 1st when there’s a much better positional player on the board.

kevrunner
01-14-2021, 08:33 PM

Yeah, I agree with you 100%, even a number of black head coaches have gotten 2nd chances. Just off of memory I can think of Dennis Green, Herm Edwards, Hugh Jackson, Ray Rhodes, Lovie Smith and Jim Caldwell. These guys were all head coaches multiple times.

Pants
01-14-2021, 08:38 PM
There's literally zero chance EB isn't getting hired as a HC because of his skin color.

arrwheader
01-14-2021, 08:42 PM
I'm honestly not sure what it is, I think it could be but I'm not inside of the circle. I won't just out and out say it's because he's black because I don't know with 100% certainty, but the entire thing is weird.Yes you can because there's other NFL coaches that are black.

Therefore he's not getting the job because of other reasons.

The whole because black thing is just rediculous.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

arrwheader
01-14-2021, 08:43 PM
The obvious answer is his past. This day and age you get scrutinized for your past behavior more than ever, and Bieniemy had a laundry list of things that'll get him raked across the proverbial coals on top of what's already been mentionedIt's sweet irony that the cancel culture the race baiters helped to create is also cancelling hiring of a black coach because of his past.

Funny isn't it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

BossChief
01-14-2021, 08:46 PM
I’m not buying all of the “teams want a QB coach as HC” narrative.

The best coaches in the NFL weren’t QB coaches.

Harbaugh was a ST coach
Tomlinson was a DC
Andy was only a QB coach fir 2 years
BB was a defensive coach
Rivera was a defensive guy
Sean Payton was a QB coach
McDermott was a defensive guy
Carroll was a defensive guy
Sean McVay wasn’t a QB coach

Granted...no RB coaches on that list.

FloridaMan88
01-14-2021, 08:50 PM
Almost half of the league has interviewed EB during the past few years and no one so far has been sold that he is qualified to be a HC.

The problem is EB... that’s the reality.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 09:04 PM
I’m not buying all of the “teams want a QB coach as HC” narrative.

The best coaches in the NFL weren’t QB coaches.

Harbaugh was a ST coach
Tomlinson was a DC
Andy was only a QB coach fir 2 years
BB was a defensive coach
Rivera was a defensive guy
Sean Payton was a QB coach
McDermott was a defensive guy
Carroll was a defensive guy
Sean McVay wasn’t a QB coach

Granted...no RB coaches on that list.

We’re talking about a current trend and you choose to bring up coaches that were hired 10+ years ago? This makes no sense and you have clearly missed the point entirely.

McVay might not have ever been a QB coach, but he WAS a play caller with experience at OC and has always worked within the passing game. He clearly knows how to coach and work with QB’s either way. His hiring and success, along with Reid/Mahomes was the beginning or early stages of it really taking off. After 2018, that’s when it really started to become trendy.

I mean just look at the majority of recent HC hires.

Zach Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury, Kevin Stefanski, Matt Lafleur, Urban Meyer, Matt Rhule, Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy, Frank Reich, Kyle Shanahan, Adam Gase etc.

Now this year the hottest names are guys like Daboll, Brady, Smith, etc.

You have to be blind not to see the trend. It doesn’t mean everybody is looking for that guy, or only looking for that guy. It’s just the prototype of the modern NFL.

Kafka even seems just as, or more, likely to get a job than Bieniemy this year or next. Is it because he’s white or because he fits the new prototype?

It’s a passing league that is QB driven. This isn’t rocket science.

If you have a guy like Reid or McVay as your HC, you never have to worry about your offense falling apart because your OC gets a HC job. If you hire EB, you still need a guy with more experience in the passing game and working with QB’s. If that guy is any good, he’s gone in 2-3 years max. Then you’re back looking for another. You’re also more likely to be able to keep a DC around for a while than an OC.

It blows my mind how difficult this is for some of you to grasp. CP has always understood the importance of a QB, but somehow you don’t understand the importance of the guy coaching and developing them? Even after seeing what Reid has done for Mahomes?

mkp785
01-14-2021, 09:15 PM

There you go letting those "fact" things get in the way of a good story.

After his playing career:

...Bieniemy returned to Colorado to complete his degree and was the running backs coach for the Buffaloes from 2001 to 2002 and was UCLA running back coach from 2003 to 2005, as well as the team's recruiting coordinator in 2005.

After a stint with the Vikings (when AP was destroying worlds)

....December 2, 2010, Bieniemy returned to Colorado as offensive coordinator under new head coach Jon Embree. In 2020, Bieniemy was offered the head coach position at Colorado but declined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bieniemy?wprov=sfla1

EB has issues-like almost anyone but no worse than someone like Fat Patricia.

MahiMike
01-14-2021, 09:15 PM
Apparently EB just stares at a laminated piece of paper the entire game. Who knew?

Red Dawg
01-14-2021, 09:18 PM
Jets hired the SF DC.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 09:21 PM
There you go letting those "fact" things get in the way of a good story.

After his playing career:

...Bieniemy returned to Colorado to complete his degree and was the running backs coach for the Buffaloes from 2001 to 2002 and was UCLA running back coach from 2003 to 2005, as well as the team's recruiting coordinator in 2005.

After a stint with the Vikings (when AP was destroying worlds)

....December 2, 2010, Bieniemy returned to Colorado as offensive coordinator under new head coach Jon Embree. In 2020, Bieniemy was offered the head coach position at Colorado but declined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bieniemy?wprov=sfla1

I’ve already said that I meant OC dumbass.

RealSNR
01-14-2021, 09:50 PM
We’re talking about a current trend and you choose to bring up coaches that were hired 10+ years ago? This makes no sense and you have clearly missed the point entirely.

McVay might not have ever been a QB coach, but he WAS a play caller with experience at OC and has always worked within the passing game. He clearly knows how to coach and work with QB’s either way. His hiring and success, along with Reid/Mahomes was the beginning or early stages of it really taking off. After 2018, that’s when it really started to become trendy.

Zach Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury, Kevin Stefanski, Matt Lafleur, Urban Meyer, Matt Rhule, Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy, Frank Reich, Kyle Shanahan, Adam Gase etc.

You have to be blind not to see the trend. It doesn’t mean everybody is looking for that guy, or only looking for that guy. It’s just the prototype of the modern NFL.

Kafka even seems just as, or more, likely to get a job than Bieniemy this year or next. Is it because he’s white or because he fits the new prototype?

If you have a guy like Reid or McVay as your HC, you never have to worry about your offense falling apart because your OC gets a HC job. If you hire EB, you still need a guy with more experience in the passing game and working with QB’s. If that guy is any good, he’s gone in 2-3 years max. Then you’re back looking for another. You’re also more likely to be able to keep a DC around for a while than an OC.

It blows my mind how difficult this is for some of you to grasp. CP has always understood the importance of a QB, but somehow you don’t understand the importance of the guy coaching and developing them? Even after seeing what Reid has done for Mahomes?
You still need a guy with more experience in the passing game? You mean like a QB coach?

And I don’t buy that for a second. Andy Reid was a QB coach for two years. That’s it. Before then he was coaching fat guys and TEs his entire career. Where/when the hell did he learn to coach QBs? He obviously picked it up somewhere.

Andy wouldn’t have picked him as OC if he thought EB needed his hand held when it came to the passing game. I doubt Mahomes would be as fired up for his coach and pimp him to his buddy Deshaun if EB needed his hand held.

This is a pretty simplistic argument you’re making.

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 09:58 PM
Houston wasn't a race thing. Their stupidity made it one. Watson was interested in bieniemy because Mahomes pounded the table for him. All Houston had to do was give a courtesy interview. They were also the only team to not interview Saleh. I think it's more about the arrogance of these patriot stooges that they don't think they need to.

Let's be real. It's dabolls job to lose. Much as Houston is doing gymnastics to pretend they're entertaining other options. All of a sudden adding guys like bieniemy and Frazier to their list is all weak theatre.

Yep.

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 09:59 PM

That's pure speculation. Daboll has ties to the guys in Houston.

Patriot Way.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 10:00 PM
That's pure speculation. Daboll has ties to the guys in Houston.

Patriot Way.

He also went to high school with Telesco. Given the mess with Watson, I think it’s a safe assumption which is the more attractive job.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 10:02 PM
You still need a guy with more experience in the passing game? You mean like a QB coach?

And I don’t buy that for a second. Andy Reid was a QB coach for two years. That’s it. Before then he was coaching fat guys and TEs his entire career. Where/when the hell did he learn to coach QBs? He obviously picked it up somewhere.

Andy wouldn’t have picked him as OC if he thought EB needed his hand held when it came to the passing game. I doubt Mahomes would be as fired up for his coach and pimp him to his buddy Deshaun if EB needed his hand held.

This is a pretty simplistic argument you’re making.

Dude, I’m not talking about Andy when he was hired. I don’t know why you guys are bringing up old examples. They’re irrelevant. I’m talking about Andy Reid today and how he’s perceived as a QB guru. I’m talking about a current trend in a copycat league.

If you can’t see this obvious pattern that I’m pointing to in today’s NFL, I honestly don’t know what else to say.

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 10:04 PM

Yeah, his issues are worse than Patricia's.

All personal conduct issues aside, there were allegations of rape by kids that were under his charge. That shows a lack of leadership and control.

If you think NFL teams don't care about stuff like that, I got news for you.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 10:05 PM
Bienemy isn't getting a job...

Saleh and Meyer take 2 jobs. Then we'll get Joe Brady, Arthur Smith, Brandon Staley and Brian Daboll getting jobs..

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 10:06 PM

Um, EB doesn't coordinate the passing game. He's always been responsible for the running game. That's pretty well known. Andy calls most of the plays, as well.

chiefzilla1501
01-14-2021, 10:08 PM

Mahomes is the guy pounding the table for his friends to take a shot at bieniemy. Andy Reid isn't hiring a glorified RBs coach to be his OC. These guys know a thing or two about offense. And by the way, that's a generous stretch that Stefanski, Shanahan, and Lafleur were hired because of their QB history. They were brought in because they had innovative blocking schemes. Now, I get if people are hung up on bieniemys personality as an interview. But anyone trying to act like the dude doesn't know offense... Just stop.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 10:08 PM
Um, EB doesn't coordinate the passing game. He's always been responsible for the running game. That's pretty well known. Andy calls most of the plays, as well.

It probably didn’t help EB that Kafka was officially given the “passing game coordinator” title this year.

BossChief
01-14-2021, 10:12 PM
I’d think if the league wants its desired effect, the team hiring a black head coach would get some kind of benefit, as well as the team losing the coach to the promotion.

mkp785
01-14-2021, 10:13 PM
I’ve already said that I meant OC dumbass.

You're still wrong. A simple search shows that while the Buffs were shit during the 2010s- it wasn't the offenses fault. EB had limited time there before we scooped him up but his side produced.

I still think he gets a job this time. NYJ hiring the San Fran guy makes that Detroit job wide open for EB.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 10:15 PM
Mahomes is the guy pounding the table for his friends to take a shot at bieniemy. Andy Reid isn't hiring a glorified RBs coach to be his OC. These guys know a thing or two about offense. And by the way, that's a generous stretch that Stefanski, Shanahan, and Lafleur were hired because of their QB history. They were brought in because they had innovative blocking schemes. Now, I get if people are hung up on bieniemys personality as an interview. But anyone trying to act like the dude doesn't know offense... Just stop.

I didn’t say that those guys specifically were hired for that reason, but there wasn’t a concern due to a lack of experience in the passing game. They were OC’s that were in charge of the entire offense.

I didn’t say Bieniemy doesn’t know offense, but his specialty is RB’s. I have zero reason to believe he can go and be in charge of an offense, call plays, and develop QB’s as a HC.

Some of you might think he can, and that’s fine, but I understand why he isn’t viewed as highly as guys like Brady and Daboll.

I personally think EB is a phenomenal assistant coach, and in a good situation with the right OC/DC hires I could easily see him being successful.

RealSNR
01-14-2021, 10:16 PM

He doesn't have a hand in it? He doesn't come up with some of the plays and concepts? He doesn't work with Patrick Mahomes in practice and during games?

Just because other people ALSO do those things doesn't mean he's nothing more than a RB coach with a bigger office.

Oh, wait, the Chiefs also have a RB coach. So I guess Eric Bieniemy is just a guy with a big office now.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 10:17 PM
You're still wrong. A simple search shows that while the Buffs were shit during the 2010s- it wasn't the offenses fault. EB had limited time there before we scooped him up but his side produced.

I still think he gets a job this time. NYJ hiring the San Fran guy makes that Detroit job wide open for EB.

Brad Holmes who they hired to be GM has massive ties to Brandon Staley...

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 10:17 PM
He doesn't have a hand in it? He doesn't come up with some of the plays and concepts?

No, he actually doesn't. Kafka does, along with Reid.

He doesn't work with Patrick Mahomes in practice and during games?

This he does.

Just because other people ALSO do those things doesn't mean he's nothing more than a RB coach with a bigger office.

Oh, wait, the Chiefs also have a RB coach. So I guess Eric Bieniemy is fucking worthless now.

I think you're overreacting. Nobody is saying EB is worthless.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 10:18 PM
EB is gonna be back next year from what I'm seeing.

RealSNR
01-14-2021, 10:18 PM
No, he actually doesn't. Kafka does, along with Reid.

Evidence?

And no, job titles aren't evidence.

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 10:20 PM
Evidence?

And no, job titles aren't evidence.

I don't know man, Google it. It's been well-covered in the media.

RealSNR
01-14-2021, 10:23 PM

I've been keeping up on the Chiefs a lot during these Mahomes years. Not one person has done anything but speculated what Eric Bieniemy's actual duties are.

Megatron96
01-14-2021, 10:24 PM
How long has EB been with Andy? 7 years?

EB has a Master's degree in offensive scheme, play design, and play-calling by now. He's been learning literally at the knee of the best offensive mind in the NFL for the last 20 years. He'd have to be a moron to the nth degree not to have picked up a huge amount of knowledge in all those things and more from Reid at this point.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 10:25 PM
I've been keeping up on the Chiefs a lot during these Mahomes years. Not one person has done anything but speculated what Eric Bieniemy's actual duties are.

You’re right it’s speculation.

But it’s both ways.

Which means at the end of the day it’s a ?

That’s my entire point, I’m not saying he can’t do it, I’m just saying I don’t know if he can, so I can see why teams might feel that way.

Sassy Squatch
01-14-2021, 10:26 PM
Saleh off to the Jets. So that rumor is debunked

staylor26
01-14-2021, 10:31 PM
Saleh off to the Jets. So that rumor is debunked

What rumor?

mkp785
01-14-2021, 10:33 PM
Brad Holmes who they hired to be GM has massive ties to Brandon Staley...

True. He mentioned him by name i think but Staley might have his pick of a few jobs. Im wondering if the Bolts go with him over Daboll or another offensive guy.

Detroit isn't as good of a job as the LAC or some other jobs to be available.

The Franchise
01-14-2021, 10:34 PM
From what I’m seeing.....it’s going to be Arthur Smith is the next Falcons HC. Chargers go with Daboll? Lions and Eagles are the wildcards.

mkp785
01-14-2021, 10:41 PM
Yeah, his issues are worse than Patricia's.

All personal conduct issues aside, there were allegations of rape by kids that were under his charge. That shows a lack of leadership and control.

If you think NFL teams don't care about stuff like that, I got news for you.

There's no way you can believe that. Patricia actually raped someone and as been covered in this thread EB was an asst. The head coach is responsible for laying down the law. EB was the what, the recruiting coordinator?

There's no way the HC didn't know whatever happened. This is more of the Joe Pa like shit. Your program, you know whats happening.

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 10:43 PM
There's no way you can believe that. Patricia actually raped someone and as been covered in this thread EB was an asst. The head coach is responsible for laying down the law. EB was the what, the recruiting coordinator?

There's no way the HC didn't know whatever happened. This is more of the Joe Pa like shit. Your program, you know whats happening.

That doesn't absolve EB of blame in the eyes of many.

Again, this isn't my opinion. This is the reality of the world we live in. People are tried in the court of public opinion every day.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 10:45 PM

Yea his offenses in 2011 were so good that he had games with this many points:

17, 14, 2, 7, 17, 17

And in 2012 it got better:

17, 14, 14, 17, 6, 14, 0, 3

Just phenomenal. You’re right, I’m clearly wrong.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 10:47 PM
From what I’m seeing.....it’s going to be Arthur Smith is the next Falcons HC. Chargers go with Daboll? Lions and Eagles are the wildcards.

Yea that’s where those 2 go if I were to guess.

Lions, Eagles, and Texans are the biggest question marks.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 10:50 PM

I think the Falcons are going Joe Brady and Arthur Smith gets the Eagles job.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 10:52 PM
Vance Joseph was at Colorado when all that went down...he was given a HC shot.

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 10:53 PM

Yep. That's been discussed before. There's obviously a lot more to the EB story than any one thing.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 10:57 PM

Hilarious that you can’t apply this same logic with skin color.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 11:01 PM
Some things don't make a ton of sense like why are Joe Brady and Brandon Staley hot candidates, that's weird to me.

UChieffyBugger
01-14-2021, 11:02 PM
That doesn't absolve EB of blame in the eyes of many.

Again, this isn't my opinion. This is the reality of the world we live in. People are tried in the court of public opinion every day.

In the eyes of WHO? keyboard warriors like you who want to spread propaganda about EB and deny that nfl owners may just have a prejudice mindset? Smh

Bugeater
01-14-2021, 11:10 PM
And there it is...I'm surprised it took that long for the race card to get played.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 11:10 PM
In the eyes of WHO? keyboard warriors like you who want to spread propaganda about EB and deny that nfl owners may just have a prejudice mindset? Smh

We currently live in a time where the last phrase you want said is sexual assault. Not sure why that's hard to understand.

Megatron96
01-14-2021, 11:11 PM
And there it is...I'm surprised it took that long for the race card to get played.

Pretty sure they played that card several pages ago.

The Franchise
01-14-2021, 11:13 PM
Who’s going to take the Texans job? No one wants that shit.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 11:15 PM

Depends how it shakes out I think they want Daboll, they'd hire Smith if he loses out in the other jobs, Caldwell is their backup to those guys.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 11:19 PM
Some things don't make a ton of sense like why are Joe Brady and Brandon Staley hot candidates, that's weird to me.

Is this a serious question?

It’s pretty obvious why whether you buy it or not.

Mecca
01-14-2021, 11:22 PM
Is this a serious question?

It’s pretty obvious why whether you buy it or not.

Joe Brady has a good rep for his year at LSU, guess people should line up for Sarkisian after this year eh?

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 11:28 PM

Daboll.

Megatron96
01-14-2021, 11:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, no one thinks that Marvin Lewis will get a job?

My initial thought was, "hell, no." But the more i think about it, the more I think he probably will.

Mecca
Daboll.

Do you really think he'd take it over the Chargers? The Chargers job is so much better.

Mecca
Just out of curiosity, no one thinks that Marvin Lewis will get a job?

My initial thought was, "hell, no." But the more i think about it, the more I think he probably will.

Uh where?

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 11:31 PM

What are you talking about?

I'm not spreading propaganda, I'm repeating stuff that's been said in DOZENS of sports media articles.

I don't know how many fucking times I have to say it but it's NOT MY OPINION. None of EB's past bothers me at all.

But I'm not in charge of the NFL, NFL owners, or the current culture we live in. I can't hire EB and I can't control anybody who can.

If you want to think it's because he's black, have at it. I'm not going to argue with you. But if you think his past doesn't matter, you're just flat out wrong and not living in reality.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 11:31 PM
Joe Brady has a good rep for his year at LSU, guess people should line up for Sarkisian after this year eh?

Not nearly the same thing. Doing that at LSU when their offense has been terrible for over a decade is completely different. Brady also already had NFL experience and he learned under Sean Payton. Now he’s at least shown he’s a competent NFL OC too. He’s a good young offensive mind.

Like I said, it’s not about whether you’re buying or selling. It’s easy to see why.

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 11:33 PM
Do you really think he'd take it over the Chargers? The Chargers job is so much better.

The Spanos family has a rep.

Plus he's Patriot scum with ties to Caserio.

staylor26
01-14-2021, 11:34 PM
The Spanos family has a rep.

Plus he's Patriot scum with ties to Caserio.

But again, he went to HS with Telesco, and the Chargers don’t have a mess of a situation at QB like the Texans.

htismaqe
01-14-2021, 11:36 PM
But again, he went to HS with Telesco, and the Chargers don’t have a mess of a situation at QB like the Texans.

I'm not sure I'd put as much stock in going to high school with someone as spending almost a decade with the Patriots but I guess you could call it a connection.

And the Texans technically have a QB under contract. The situation looks bad now but nobody knows how that's going to shake out.

Plus, most of those Patriot Way scum don't care anyway, they believe they can fix anything.

Megatron96
01-14-2021, 11:45 PM
Uh where?

Some guy on ESPN said maybe DET.

But I really don't follow this stuff that closely anymore, so I don't know which coach has what ties to which team, or whatever.

But Lewis is a bona fide HC, with the best record of any NFL coach that didn't win a playoff game, and he led CIN to 7 playoff appearances and 4 division titles. Paid for by an owner that paid for as little as he could get away with.

So he's a legit HC with experience, and knows how to put together a team that can win in the regular season on a shoestring budget.

Maybe some owner thinks all he would have to do is shell out some $$$ and find himself with a playoff team.

The Franchise
01-14-2021, 11:59 PM
It’s shitty to say but I don’t want Bienemy here next year. I wanted those comp picks.

htismaqe
01-15-2021, 12:07 AM
It’s shitty to say but I don’t want Bienemy here next year. I wanted those comp picks.

While I can understand that perspective, EB was part of an epic Super Bowl run. 3rd round picks come and go every year. I'd prefer to see him stay than take a shit job somewhere and fail.

staylor26
01-15-2021, 12:29 AM

Agreed. I was already counting on having those comp picks.

And now that Poles got passed up for the Panthers GM job, I’m really bummed about it.

Bill Brasky
01-15-2021, 12:38 AM

Throwing out baseless claims with no evidence and then telling people to google it when they ask is bullshit. You’re the one who said it. If it’s been so well covered then provide a link.

It’ll be interesting to see if he gets anymore interviews after the super bowl.

staylor26
01-15-2021, 12:50 AM
I'm not sure I'd put as much stock in going to high school with someone as spending almost a decade with the Patriots but I guess you could call it a connection.

And the Texans technically have a QB under contract. The situation looks bad now but nobody knows how that's going to shake out.

Plus, most of those Patriot Way scum don't care anyway, they believe they can fix anything.

Has Daboll even interviewed with the Texans?

Titty Meat
01-15-2021, 01:12 AM
For fucks sake can we just forward this article to everyone in the media who screams waycism while other minority candidates continue to get jobs?

I dont have anything against Binemey but it's pretty obvious who should be credited for the success of the Chiefs. It wasnt like Reid wasnt winning 12 games a year before Bienemy became OC.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/eric-bieniemy-coaching-profile-experience-rumors-2021/

Titty Meat
01-15-2021, 01:15 AM
Perhaps of more pressing concern to any teams considering hiring Eric Bieniemy is his record as an offensive coordinator when he returned. In his two years as offensive coordinator under Jon Embree (2011-2012), the Buffaloes went 4-21, including 3-15 in the Pac-12. However, if we dig into the numbers behind the offense, then the picture becomes even more concerning.

In 2011, the Buffaloes ranked 109th in points scored (19.8), 92nd in total yards (346.3), and 78th in yards per play (5.3). One of the most concerning elements for the Buffaloes was their discipline. In 2011, they averaged 7.9 penalties per game (joint-second) and 66.6 yards per game (sixth).

htismaqe
01-15-2021, 01:42 AM
Throwing out baseless claims with no evidence and then telling people to google it when they ask is bullshit. You’re the one who said it. If it’s been so well covered then provide a link.

It’ll be interesting to see if he gets anymore interviews after the super bowl.

If it hadn't been well-covered, I wouldn't have told him to google it, I would have googled it myself. That's the whole point.

htismaqe
01-15-2021, 01:43 AM
Has Daboll even interviewed with the Texans?

AFAIK, he's interviewed with the Jets and Chargers and that's it.

UChieffyBugger
01-15-2021, 04:14 AM
For ****s sake can we just forward this article to everyone in the media who screams waycism while other minority candidates continue to get jobs?

I dont have anything against Binemey but it's pretty obvious who should be credited for the success of the Chiefs. It wasnt like Reid wasnt winning 12 games a year before Bienemy became OC.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/eric-bieniemy-coaching-profile-experience-rumors-2021/

Lol another post full of feeble excuses. "Other minority coaches continue to get jobs"??? There are currently TWO BLACK HEAD COACHES IN THE ENTIRE DAMN LEAGUE!!...so please spare me with the bs. Also Patricia got the Lions job despite having a rape case on his record and we all know who really runs the Pats defense if you want to go there aswell smh. The fact is Eric has been under Andy for years and has earned his stripes...how many white oc's has had the success Eric has and NOT gotten a hc chance? I'd love to know.

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2021, 06:31 AM
Some guy on ESPN said maybe DET.

But I really don't follow this stuff that closely anymore, so I don't know which coach has what ties to which team, or whatever.

But Lewis is a bona fide HC, with the best record of any NFL coach that didn't win a playoff game, and he led CIN to 7 playoff appearances and 4 division titles. Paid for by an owner that paid for as little as he could get away with.

So he's a legit HC with experience, and knows how to put together a team that can win in the regular season on a shoestring budget.

Maybe some owner thinks all he would have to do is shell out some $$$ and find himself with a playoff team.

Maybe you're right that he can do better with a front office that actually tries. But it's hard to get over how he had some very talented teams and he kept finding ways to lose. His playoff losses weren't due to lack of talent. It was pretty much coaching. Detroit seems like a good fit for him because their front office cares more about putting butts in seats than winning. But it would also be really hard to sell a Marvin Lewis hire to your fans.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-15-2021, 06:41 AM
Lol another post full of feeble excuses. "Other minority coaches continue to get jobs"??? There are currently TWO BLACK HEAD COACHES IN THE ENTIRE DAMN LEAGUE!!...so please spare me with the bs. Also Patricia got the Lions job despite having a rape case on his record and we all know who really runs the Pats defense if you want to go there aswell smh. The fact is Eric has been under Andy for years and has earned his stripes...how many white oc's has had the success Eric has and NOT gotten a hc chance? I'd love to know.

It’s clear and blatant racism and people who refuse to see it for what it really is are extremely ignorant to the facts.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-15-2021, 07:02 AM
Falcons have made an offer to make Arthur Smith their next HC

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2021, 07:12 AM
So... People want to talk offensive systems. The Titans just hired an OC whose entire gameplan and experience is built around "hand the ball off to our big rb."

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-15-2021, 07:21 AM
I feel bad for EB tbh. He busts his ass and he doesn’t get rewarded for shit. Chiefs need to do him a solid and bump up his salary and make him assistant HC

Perineum Ripper
01-15-2021, 07:53 AM
It’s clear and blatant racism and people who refuse to see it for what it really is are extremely ignorant to the facts.

If you are going to say it is blatant racism, prove it. Show us all how it is blatant, and what evidence you have of it being that.

Did someone come out and say we won’t hire black people? Did someone come out and say we won’t hire Eric because he is black?

TomBarndtsTwin
01-15-2021, 08:21 AM
Perhaps of more pressing concern to any teams considering hiring Eric Bieniemy is his record as an offensive coordinator when he returned. In his two years as offensive coordinator under Jon Embree (2011-2012), the Buffaloes went 4-21, including 3-15 in the Pac-12. However, if we dig into the numbers behind the offense, then the picture becomes even more concerning.

In 2011, the Buffaloes ranked 109th in points scored (19.8), 92nd in total yards (346.3), and 78th in yards per play (5.3). One of the most concerning elements for the Buffaloes was their discipline. In 2011, they averaged 7.9 penalties per game (joint-second) and 66.6 yards per game (sixth).

Perhaps he evolved as a coach over the years since then? Coaches do that, you know. It’s fair to say he might have even learned a few things under Reid. Comparing his tendencies as an offensive coach in 2011 is not really in any way applicable to the coach he is today.

He is WAY more prepared to be a head coach today than he was 10 years ago. There’s a reason the Reid coaching tree continues to produce successful NFL coaches for other teams. Andy does a good job preparing his guys under him to be successful elsewhere.

It’s time for EB to get his shot. He’s earned it.

Now, whether or not some other team decides to hire him is ultimately up to the other team. We shall see . . . . . .

dirk digler
01-15-2021, 08:29 AM
I feel bad for EB tbh. He busts his ass and he doesn’t get rewarded for shit. Chiefs need to do him a solid and bump up his salary and make him assistant HC

Yep if he doesn't get a job that is what needs to happen.

If he doesn't get a job I think it is probably for multiple reasons but I don't want to hear about him not being the true OC when teams are willing to hire Belichick's DC's and we all know who designs and controls the defense.

The Franchise
01-15-2021, 08:41 AM
So... People want to talk offensive systems. The Titans just hired an OC whose entire gameplan and experience is built around "hand the ball off to our big rb."

Made Tannehill look like a competent QB.

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2021, 08:48 AM
Yep if he doesn't get a job that is what needs to happen.

If he doesn't get a job I think it is probably for multiple reasons but I don't want to hear about him not being the true OC when teams are willing to hire Belichick's DC's and we all know who designs and controls the defense.

The problem is that this dipshittery by other teams is backlogging our coaching staff. It's such a weird position to have that we have so much talent. You'd have to strip that title away from Dave Toub who is just as head scratchingly not a head coach by now. We already had to elevate Kafka to passing game coordinator to keep him, which probably didn't change much except hurt bieniemy profile.

tredadda
01-15-2021, 09:08 AM
For fucks sake can we just forward this article to everyone in the media who screams waycism while other minority candidates continue to get jobs?

One point that was mentioned was how teams seem leery about hiring from the Reid tree after what Pederson and Nagy accomplished. That's garbage if true. Coaches from the Reid tree are far more successful than those of the Belichick tree, yet they keep getting hired.

FloridaMan88
01-15-2021, 11:00 AM
Falcons have made an offer to make Arthur Smith their next HC

Arthur Smith could probably make more $$$ not being an NFL HC considering his dad is the founder/CEO of FedEx.

siberian khatru
01-15-2021, 12:29 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Saints?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Saints</a> assistant head coach/TEs coach Dan Campbell has emerged as the favorite to be the new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lions?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Lions</a> head coach, sources tell me and <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomPelissero</a>. No in-person interview can be conducted until their season has ended, so it’s all on hold officially until then.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1350146566217224197?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
01-15-2021, 12:32 PM
The shit is going to be non stop all offseason if he doesn’t get a job two years in a row.

suzzer99
01-15-2021, 12:42 PM
Can't help but thing the Chargers and maybe other teams in the AFC don't want to give the Chiefs those extra draft picks.

I don't understand why the hiring team doesn't get one of them. But maybe they figured that was too easy to game or would lead to a lot of other bad things. Which they might be right.

I hope this isn't too political but I do think Nick Wright has a point. Bieniemy is getting hurt right now by the recent performances of coaches like Vance Joseph and Anthony Lynn. Meanwhile no one looks at Bill O'Brien or Adam Gase and says, "I don't know if I want to hire a white coach." It's just human nature, especially among old, rich white guys. And it sucks.

Megatron96
01-15-2021, 12:44 PM
Maybe you're right that he can do better with a front office that actually tries. But it's hard to get over how he had some very talented teams and he kept finding ways to lose. His playoff losses weren't due to lack of talent. It was pretty much coaching. Detroit seems like a good fit for him because their front office cares more about putting butts in seats than winning. But it would also be really hard to sell a Marvin Lewis hire to your fans.

He built some talented teams, but they always had gaping holes as well, iirc. Either they had a porous OL, or DL, and we don't even have to talk about QBs. Point being, they always had some flaw that could be taken advantage of, especially in the playoffs.

But I was merely blue-skying; it was a thought experiment more than anything. Lewis is a legit HC with a record for taking a bad team and making them regular season winners, with a limited budget. So we could talk about him as a real candidate for some of these jobs.

But, yeah, selling him to your fan base is a whole other bucket of worms, that I don't see very many organizations willing to face.

dlphg9
01-15-2021, 12:50 PM
EB not getting a HC job has nothing to do with the color of his skin. Possible reasons why he's not getting a job are -

He's old

He doesn't call the plays

Quotes from this article
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27052292/chiefs-bieniemy-not-playcaller-input%3fplatform=amp

"Here's my response about the playcalling: coach (Andy) Reid has always done it his way, and that's how historically he's done it because he's Coach Reid," Bieniemy told ESPN. "He has a beautiful mind, and we all work hand-in-hand together. And he gives me the green light to do a number of things. I have input. I do scripts. I get the install. There are a number of things that I do."

"Do I talk to the quarterback? Yes," Bieniemy said. "(Reid) is reciting what he wants me to particularly tell Pat to call. So if people want to make a big deal about that, so be it. The experience that I've gotten, understanding how an offensive system works, the organization, how to prepare it, how to get guys going and moving in one direction for one cause, that's what this is about."

When teams look at how sub-par he was as an OC in college and then they know he doesn't call the plays in KC, I'm sure it raises some concerns.

You may say that guys with a worse resume than him get HC jobs, but maybe that has to do with how well those guys interview. Im sure lots of really shitty coaches have been hired because they clicked with a GM or owner and had a good interview.

dlphg9
01-15-2021, 12:56 PM
Can't help but thing the Chargers and maybe other teams in the AFC don't want to give the Chiefs those extra draft picks.

I don't understand why the hiring team doesn't get one of them. But maybe they figured that was too easy to game or would lead to a lot of other bad things. Which they might be right.

I hope this isn't too political but I do think Nick Wright has a point. Bieniemy is getting hurt right now by the recent performances of coaches like Vance Joseph and Anthony Lynn. Meanwhile no one looks at Bill O'Brien or Adam Gase and says, "I don't know if I want to hire a white coach." It's just human nature, especially among old, rich white guys. And it sucks.

Bill O'Brien had 5 winning seasons and 2 playoff wins. He isn't a shitty coach. He's a shitty GM. No one is saying "I don't know if I want to hire a black coach either". That's a stupid argument.

Dante84
01-15-2021, 12:58 PM
At this point, I want him to get a job elsewhere for a few reasons:

- He's holding Kafka back from progressing, which could cause him to leave at some point
- We'd get 2 3rd round picks
- He's a good guy and deserves a shot somewhere

If he doesn't get a job, do we just.... let him sit there?

dlphg9
01-15-2021, 01:04 PM
I'm sure another thing holding EB back from getting a job is that every year he's been a top candidate the Chiefs have made it to the AFCCG, SB, and this year he's still coaching. Most of these teams wants guys that are readily available to get started ASAP.

dlphg9
01-15-2021, 01:21 PM

Patricia was the DC in NE for 6 years and the rape thing wasn't known until just recently. It happened 25 years ago and he was never convicted, so the Lions didn't know about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/34742627

"The indictment remained an untold part of Patricia’s past during his rise in the coaching ranks, and the Lions said it eluded them during a background check that only searched for criminal convictions."

How many of those white OCs that got HC jobs didn't call the plays on offense?

TomBarndtsTwin
01-15-2021, 01:36 PM
One point that was mentioned was how teams seem leery about hiring from the Reid tree after what Pederson and Nagy accomplished. That's garbage if true. Coaches from the Reid tree are far more successful than those of the Belichick tree, yet they keep getting hired.

Really?

Pederson was in Philly for 5 seasons, led them to the playoffs 3 out of those 5 years winning the division twice and adding their only Super Bowl title in franchise history (with a backup QB, nonetheless).

Nagy has been in Chicago 3 seasons and has led a very average Bears team with a messy QB situation to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons, including one AFC North title beating out the Packers and Vikings who were both superior teams.

I mean, it’s not up to current Chiefs standards or Brady’s Pats standards, but I think they’ve done alright for themselves.

KC_Lee
01-15-2021, 01:43 PM

- He's holding Kafka back from progressing, which could cause him to leave at some point

That's my biggest worry, losing Kafka to another team.

suzzer99
01-15-2021, 01:45 PM
Bill O'Brien had 5 winning seasons and 2 playoff wins. He isn't a shitty coach. He's a shitty GM. No one is saying "I don't know if I want to hire a black coach either". That's a stupid argument.

Yeah BOB probably wasn't the best example. Funny thing is the next guy who came to mind is Mike McCarthy. But oh look, a terrible coach who failed upward. How the hell does Mike McCarthy get a shot before Bieniemy?

suzzer99
01-15-2021, 01:46 PM

That's the big question. Maybe he has to go somewhere else as an offensive coordinator where he calls the plays and people don't think it's all Reid. Or maybe college?

The Franchise
01-15-2021, 01:50 PM
That's the big question. Maybe he has to go somewhere else as an offensive coordinator where he calls the plays and people don't think it's all Reid. Or maybe college?

My guess is he would just go back to college as a HC somewhere.

ToxSocks
01-15-2021, 01:55 PM
Plot Twist: The Texans didn't interview him because they pegged him as their guy all along, from the moment Watson identified him as his guy they began their homework on him.

If the Texans don't sign a HC by the end of the AFCCG, you can bet your ass it'll be Beinemy. ESPECIALLY if Buffalo loses this weekend and they dont hire Daboll.

The Franchise
01-15-2021, 02:02 PM
Plot Twist: The Texans didn't interview him because they pegged him as their guy all along, from the moment Watson identified him as his guy they began their homework on him.

If the Texans don't sign a HC by the end of the AFCCG, you can bet your ass it'll be Beinemy. ESPECIALLY if Buffalo loses this weekend and they dont hire Daboll.

If Daboll goes to the Chargers....then I could see it.

htismaqe
01-15-2021, 02:07 PM

EB calls plays here. Not all of them, he shares that responsibility with Reid but you can clearly see on Sundays that he's reading the sheet and working the head set, even at times when Andy isn't.

Also, he had a chance to be the HC at his alma mater. They talked to him about the job last year right after the Super Bowl but he ultimately turned them down.

kevrunner
01-15-2021, 02:21 PM
I’m pretty sure there absolutely is no team worried about the Chiefs getting a very late extra 3rd round draft pick, probably would be around the 110th pick in this year’s draft and next, if they hire EB. EB is still the odds on favorite for the Houston Texans head coach vacancy.

Eric Bieniemy (Kansas City OC) +150
Brian Schottenheimer (Seattle OC) +300
Don Martindale (Baltimore DC) +750
Matt Campbell (Iowa State HC) +750
Joe Brady (Carolina OC) +800
Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma HC) +1,000
Marvin Lewis (Arizona State DC/former Bengals HC) +1,000
Robert Saleh (San Francisco DC) +1,000
Brian Daboll (Buffalo OC) +1,200
Dabo Swinney (Clemson HC) +1,200
Byron Leftwich (Tampa Bay OC) +1,400
Jim Harbaugh (Michigan HC/former 49ers HC) +1,400
Matt Eberflus (Indianapolis DC) +1,400
Romeo Crennel (current Texans interim HC) +1,400
Greg Roman (Baltimore DC) +1,600
Josh McDaniels (Patriots OC) +1,600

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 02:51 PM

I have a really difficult time believing that any Power 5 conference team would hire Bieniemy after his poor performance as CU's OC, not to mention his other issues on college campuses in the past.

KChiefs1
01-15-2021, 02:52 PM

He already turned down a college job.

htismaqe
01-15-2021, 02:53 PM
I have a really difficult time believing that any Power 5 conference team would hire Bieniemy after his poor performance as CU's OC, not to mention his other issues on college campuses in the past.

CU told him the job was his if he wanted it. He waited a week and then told them he wasn't interested. And this was after the Super Bowl when he pretty much knew he wasn't get an NFL job for another year.

Pants
01-15-2021, 02:55 PM
CU told him the job was his if he wanted it. He waited a week and then told them he wasn't interested. And this was after the Super Bowl when he pretty much knew he wasn't get an NFL job for another year.

I don't blame him. Recruiting is such a grind on top of the actual grind of being an HC.

KChiefs1
01-15-2021, 02:57 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Bieniemy turned down CU last night per source. CU came back at him again today but he didn’t change mind. CU stayed patient while Bienemy vacationed. While Bieniemy was never formally interviewed, two sides stayed in contact. He appeared to be CU’s top choice. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/9sports?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#9sports</a></p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1230728872540270593?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowser
01-15-2021, 03:05 PM
Yeah BOB probably wasn't the best example. Funny thing is the next guy who came to mind is Mike McCarthy. But oh look, a terrible coach who failed upward. How the hell does Mike McCarthy get a shot before Bieniemy?

IMO, Billy O excelled against shitty teams and couldn't win that "hump" game, and Mike McCarthy is still riding the legends of Favre and Rodgers. This league is a total copycat league, and much the same with people who hire coaches/execs from the "Patriot Way" find out, it's all in who you have as a QB that makes or breaks you (generally).

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 03:05 PM

Wow.

dlphg9
01-15-2021, 03:07 PM
EB calls plays here. Not all of them, he shares that responsibility with Reid but you can clearly see on Sundays that he's reading the sheet and working the head set, even at times when Andy isn't.

Also, he had a chance to be the HC at his alma mater. They talked to him about the job last year right after the Super Bowl but he ultimately turned them down.

I really don't think he calls any plays. It's never been reported that he calls plays, he basically said in that ESPN article that he doesn't call plays. Both Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy were brought up multiple times about how they called the plays for KC in some games. This has never been the case for EB and if he were to call the plays I think it'd be brought up, because it'd enhance his resume.

htismaqe
01-15-2021, 03:08 PM
I don't blame him. Recruiting is such a grind on top of the actual grind of being an HC.

By the same token, win 7-8 games a year at CU, as a popular alum and all-time player, and you're probably set for life.

As opposed to making the playoffs 2 out of 3 years like Matt Nagy and being on the hot seat.

The Franchise
01-15-2021, 03:10 PM

Wow.

I think his problem is that he’s waiting for “the perfect job”. That perfect job isn’t coming along.

htismaqe
01-15-2021, 03:10 PM
I really don't think he calls any plays. It's never been reported that he calls plays, he basically said in that ESPN article that he doesn't call plays. Both Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy were brought up multiple times about how they called the plays for KC in some games. This has never been the case for EB and if he were to call the plays I think it'd be brought up, because it'd enhance his resume.

EB, Reid, and Mahomes are all on record saying EB does in fact call plays. Reid has been this way since he got here, they all share play calling duties.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-eric-bieniemy-on-calling-plays-during-playoffs-people-making-something-out-of-nothing/

htismaqe
01-15-2021, 03:11 PM
I think his problem is that he’s waiting for “the perfect job”. That perfect job isn’t coming along.

To me, CU is the perfect job. The NFL is way too fickle.

The Franchise
01-15-2021, 03:12 PM
To me, CU is the perfect job. The NFL is way too fickle.

I think he’d kill it in college. The dude doesn’t want that apparently.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 03:12 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions-likely-to-hire-saints-assistant-dan-campbell-as-their-next-head-coach-per-report/

Lions likely to hire Saints assistant Dan Campbell as their next head coach, per report

A day after local candidate Robert Saleh was hired as the New York Jets' head coach, the Detroit Lions have turned their attention to a new favorite for their own vacancy. According to NFL Network, New Orleans Saints assistant Dan Campbell has "taken a commanding lead" in the running for the Lions' head coaching job. The two sides can't schedule an in-person interview until after the Saints' season is over, but Campbell is reportedly the clear favorite for the opening, with the Lions even cancelling a scheduled meeting with Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Todd Bowles because of Campbell's emergence.

The Saints play the Buccaneers on Sunday night in the divisional round of the playoffs, so it could be a while until any hiring decisions are made official. Regardless, Campbell's sudden ascent to the top of Detroit's wish list is notable, especially considering the Saints' assistant head coach and tight ends coach has reportedly been more of an under-the-radar candidate this hiring cycle.

The 44-year-old Campbell has local ties, spending the final three seasons of his NFL career with the Lions. A third-round draft pick out of Texas A&M in 1999, he played 11 seasons in the league, posting a career-high 308 receiving yards and four touchdowns in his Detroit debut and winning a Super Bowl with the Saints in 2009. He made his coaching debut a year after retiring, interning with the Miami Dolphins and then taking over as the team's tight ends coach the following year. After four years in that post, he spent most of 2015 as the Dolphins' interim head coach, overseeing a 5-7 finish after a 1-3 start under Joe Philbin.

Since then, Campbell has served as the Saints' TEs coach and assistant head coach under Sean Payton. During his time in New Orleans, the Saints have made four playoff appearances in five years, including one NFC Championship bid.

RealSNR
01-15-2021, 03:18 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that "Shift The Rose Bowl Right Parade" was a Bieniemy addition to the play book. Or he called it during the Super Bowl. Or something. I remember hearing his name associated with that play.