PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

htismaqe
01-15-2021, 03:20 PM
I think he’d kill it in college. The dude doesn’t want that apparently.

I've got an odd perspective. I'm a fan of a 2nd tier Big 10 school. CU isn't all that unlike the University of Iowa.

I was born in 1973. In 1978, Hayden Fry came to town. He won 8 or 9 games a year, made a couple of Rose Bowls, never won a national championship.

He retired in 1997 and Kirk Ferentz took over. He wins 8 or 9 games a year on average, made a couple of Rose Bowls, even made it to the BCS a couple of times. Beat GT in the Orange Bowl. But no national championships or anything like that, and he's still here.

So in the time I've really been "football aware" my college program has had exactly TWO head coaches. Bienemy could go to CU, never have to worry about security again (unless he absolutely tanks) and make a pile of money, then ride off into the sunset a CU hero.

Or he can go to a place like the Texans, play for Patriot Way idiots, and fail and be hunting for a job in 3 years.

htismaqe
01-15-2021, 03:21 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that "Shift The Rose Bowl Right Parade" was a Bieniemy addition to the play book. Or he called it during the Super Bowl. Or something. I remember hearing his name associated with that play.

Bienemy, Kafka, and Reid all design plays. Apparently, Mahomes does too.

Bienemy is largely responsible for the running game design and game plan while Kafka coordinates that passing game.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 03:24 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that "Shift The Rose Bowl Right Parade" was a Bieniemy addition to the play book. Or he called it during the Super Bowl. Or something. I remember hearing his name associated with that play.
It was all Andy Reid, as always...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article243077871.html

Reid explained how “Shift The Rose Parade Right” ended up in the Chiefs’ playbook.

“It’s crazy how that works,” Reid said. “Somehow in my file of tape I got that tape a while back, and I looked at it and I’m going, ‘This is unbelievable, some of the stuff they were doing.’ And then by chance this summer I went to a function with my old high school coaches back in Los Angeles.

“The offensive coordinator that we had in high school hands me a tape and he goes, ‘This is the ‘48 Rose Bowl (I had the ‘49 one) ... Coach, Dean Dill was the quarterback for (USC) in this game.’ I go, ‘Oh wow, that’s pretty amazing.’ So I went through it and looked at it, and it was the same plays, so I go, ‘This is going in, we have to put a couple of these plays in, these are incredible plays.’”

The Chiefs practiced “Shift The Rose Parade Right” during the season and waited for just the right time to use it. But before Super Bowl LIV, an official actually gave Reid a heads-up about the play.

“I reminded the officials all year: ‘Listen, we’re going to line up the quarterback here, we’re going to spin around, but it’s going to be a dive. That’s what the play is going to end up being. We’re legal.’ And then of all the games to forget to tell them, I didn’t tell them in the Super Bowl. I didn’t have the chance before they were heading for the door.

KChiefs1
01-15-2021, 03:29 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gjlw7r1fyfk?start=258" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thabear04
01-15-2021, 03:50 PM
Arthur Smith Just got the job for the Falcons head coach.

ToxSocks
01-15-2021, 03:54 PM
Arthur Smith Just got the job for the Falcons head coach.

Racists

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 04:17 PM
According to several reports, Atlanta really wanted to hire a Black head coach to go along with their new Black GM, yet they passed on EB in favor of Arthur Smith, who's been an OC for only 2 years.

There's certainly something that's making GM's and owners steer clear of Bieniemy.

Sassy Squatch
01-15-2021, 04:23 PM
Pretty much down to the Texans giving Deshaun what he wants now.

dirk digler
01-15-2021, 04:23 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions-likely-to-hire-saints-assistant-dan-campbell-as-their-next-head-coach-per-report/

Lions likely to hire Saints assistant Dan Campbell as their next head coach, per report

A day after local candidate Robert Saleh was hired as the New York Jets' head coach, the Detroit Lions have turned their attention to a new favorite for their own vacancy. According to NFL Network, New Orleans Saints assistant Dan Campbell has "taken a commanding lead" in the running for the Lions' head coaching job. The two sides can't schedule an in-person interview until after the Saints' season is over, but Campbell is reportedly the clear favorite for the opening, with the Lions even cancelling a scheduled meeting with Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Todd Bowles because of Campbell's emergence.

The Saints play the Buccaneers on Sunday night in the divisional round of the playoffs, so it could be a while until any hiring decisions are made official. Regardless, Campbell's sudden ascent to the top of Detroit's wish list is notable, especially considering the Saints' assistant head coach and tight ends coach has reportedly been more of an under-the-radar candidate this hiring cycle.

The 44-year-old Campbell has local ties, spending the final three seasons of his NFL career with the Lions. A third-round draft pick out of Texas A&M in 1999, he played 11 seasons in the league, posting a career-high 308 receiving yards and four touchdowns in his Detroit debut and winning a Super Bowl with the Saints in 2009. He made his coaching debut a year after retiring, interning with the Miami Dolphins and then taking over as the team's tight ends coach the following year. After four years in that post, he spent most of 2015 as the Dolphins' interim head coach, overseeing a 5-7 finish after a 1-3 start under Joe Philbin.

Since then, Campbell has served as the Saints' TEs coach and assistant head coach under Sean Payton. During his time in New Orleans, the Saints have made four playoff appearances in five years, including one NFC Championship bid.

lol Lions going to continue to be the Lions if this happens. JFC I feel sorry for their fans.

RealSNR
01-15-2021, 04:29 PM
Also, I was curious about whether it was true or not that an assistant coach from a Super Bowl team was less likely to get a job because the team wanting him would have to wait a couple more weeks to make their choice.

I did some searching. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it's just what I could find by thinking about what each team had for offensive and defensive coordinators when they were in the Super Bowl the past 10 years or so and then looking up if the year they got their head coaching jobs was the season following that Super Bowl

2019- Zac Taylor
2018- Frank Reich
2018- Matt Patricia
2017- Kyle Shanahan
2015- Dan Quinn
2009- Todd Haley (lol)

Uhh... I may want to retract my insistence that teams don't like waiting for their head coach to get done with the Super Bowl. Maybe that was the trend from 2009-2015, or maybe I was just missing a few names.

But in any case... yeah... if Bieniemy doesn't get head coach job in this cycle, there's definitely a problem, and it's probably a problem of NFL franchises being run by really really stupid people.

But then again, what else is new?

ToxSocks
01-15-2021, 04:30 PM
Also, I was curious about whether it was true or not that an assistant coach from a Super Bowl team was less likely to get a job because the team wanting him would have to wait a couple more weeks to make their choice.

I did some searching. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it's just what I could find by thinking about what each team had for offensive and defensive coordinators around this time in the past 10 years or so and then looking up if the year they got their head coaching jobs was the season following that Super Bowl

2019- Zac Taylor
2018- Frank Reich
2018- Matt Patricia
2017- Kyle Shanahan
2015- Dan Quinn
2009- Todd Haley (lol)

Uhh... I may want to retract my insistence that teams don't like waiting for their head coach to get done with the Super Bowl. Maybe that was the trend from 2009-2015, or maybe I was just missing a few names.

But in any case... yeah... if Bieniemy doesn't get head coach job in this cycle, there's definitely a problem, and it's probably a problem of NFL franchises being run by really really stupid people.

But then again, what else is new?

Just because they do it doesn't mean there isn't a disadvantage to such a late hire due to available candidates taking jobs. I'm sure it's a real issue.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 04:34 PM

Since this is the second hiring cycle in which EB interviewed and has yet to be hired, there must be something about him that isn't connecting with GM's and owners across the league.

And no, I do not believe that it's his skin color.

RealSNR
01-15-2021, 04:34 PM
According to several reports, Atlanta really wanted to hire a Black head coach to go along with their new Black GM, yet they passed on EB in favor of Arthur Smith, who's been an OC for only 2 years.

There's certainly something that's making GM's and owners steer clear of Bieniemy.

Well, they apparently really liked Raheem Morris, so I doubt they were really THAT determined to hire a black head coach.

Side question, but I assume the new draft pick rule wouldn't apply to Raheem Morris, since if he got the Falcons job he would technically be getting hired full-time from his previous position, which was as interim head coach, right?

fan4ever
01-15-2021, 04:36 PM
I just saw that Jamaal Charles weighed in on the topic. He hasn't been hired because of his color.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 04:38 PM
Well, they apparently really liked Raheem Morris, so I doubt they were really THAT determined to hire a black head coach.

Raheem Morris had one decent season as a Head Coach with Tampa Bay but the other two seasons were awful. The Falcons went 4-2 in six games with Morris, but then fell off a cliff to finish the season 4-7.

Morris has been a Secondary Coach since he was fired in Tampa after the 2011 season, so I just don't think he's head coaching material at this point in time.

Side question, but I assume the new draft pick rule wouldn't apply to Raheem Morris, since if he got the Falcons job he would technically be getting hired full-time from his previous position, which was as interim head coach, right?

Yeah, it's supposed to go into effect in 2021 and from my understanding, it's not retroactive to 2020.

58-4ever
01-15-2021, 04:39 PM
The game plans... and the play calling have been masterful this year. The best one might have been Buffalo, where we ran it more than we have in the whole Mahomes era. Ran it right down their throat all night. I'm not sure why other teams wouldn't want game planning like that, especially the Jets.

Deberg_1990
01-15-2021, 04:49 PM
lol Lions going to continue to be the Lions if this happens. JFC I feel sorry for their fans.

Beinemy is better off NOT going there.

displacedinMN
01-15-2021, 04:57 PM
Possibly something happens in the interview that turns people off
Maybe he puts off a vibe that he does not really want to move or questions his capability of being a HC.

If he really wants a change, Hire a interview consultant and see what the issue is.
Otherwise he may be happy being an OC

Titty Meat
01-15-2021, 05:00 PM
Lol another post full of feeble excuses. "Other minority coaches continue to get jobs"??? There are currently TWO BLACK HEAD COACHES IN THE ENTIRE DAMN LEAGUE!!...so please spare me with the bs. Also Patricia got the Lions job despite having a rape case on his record and we all know who really runs the Pats defense if you want to go there aswell smh. The fact is Eric has been under Andy for years and has earned his stripes...how many white oc's has had the success Eric has and NOT gotten a hc chance? I'd love to know.

A black man was hired as a GM and another minority was hired to be HC neither of them have the sketchy background Bienemy does you fucking retard

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 05:09 PM
Otherwise he may be happy being an OC

If that was the case, he wouldn't have spent the last two post-seasons interviewing for head coaching jobs.

Also, I find it a bit odd that teams have inquired about Kafka as their OC but not EB.

All it would take for an NFL team to poach EB is to offer him a big increase in salary along with the Assistant Head Coach title but that hasn't happened yet, either.

Bowser
01-15-2021, 05:20 PM
If that was the case, he wouldn't have spent the last two post-seasons interviewing for head coaching jobs.

Also, I find it a bit odd that teams have inquired about Kafka as their OC but not EB.

All it would take for an NFL team to poach EB is to offer him a big increase in salary along with the Assistant Head Coach title but that hasn't happened yet, either.

Is EB Asst. HC for us, or is that Spags?

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 05:21 PM
Is EB Asst. HC for us, or is that Spags?

Without looking, I thought it was Toub.

Edit: Yep, it's Toub

https://www.chiefs.com/team/coaches-roster/dave-toub

Dave Toub: Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Coordinator

htismaqe
01-15-2021, 05:22 PM
Without looking, I thought it was Toub.

You are correct.

Bowser
01-15-2021, 05:22 PM
Interesting

KChiefs1
01-15-2021, 05:27 PM

:hmmm:

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2021, 05:31 PM
It's not that bieniemy is a top candidate. It's that the excuses are bizarre when you look at who passed him.
All this talk about qb qb qb is bullshit when two tight end run junkies (Campbell, Arthur Smith) are hired and urban qb poison meyer is hired. All this talk of experience is horseshit when Campbell, Brady barely have playcalling experience. Worse, Brandon Staley who not only has no offense experience, he's barely experienced on defense. Don't even get me started if jerod mayo gets a look.

Bieniemy isn't getting snubbed because of experience, qb, offense, etc... He's getting snubbed because front offices have their noses so stuck up very specific asses. In case you wanted the common theme here you go....

Campbell, Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, daboll, mayo coached for a bellichick or parcells tree coach. Zac taylor, Staley from the mcvay tree. Don't fall for these clever tricks that front offices are thinking outside the box. For the billionth year in a row bellichick, parcells, and now mcvay are probably going to practically sweep the cycle.

UChieffyBugger
01-15-2021, 05:33 PM
Since this is the second hiring cycle in which EB interviewed and has yet to be hired, there must be something about him that isn't connecting with GM's and owners across the league.

And no, I do not believe that it's his skin color.

The Lions are hiring a damn TIGHT ENDS COACH who has no experience calling games let alone winning a SB as an OC. Oh, and he's apparently made some very anti gay comments in his past too!!...but "it has nothing to do with race"...RIGHT? :) :thumb:

Megatron96
01-15-2021, 05:41 PM
The Lions are hiring a damn TIGHT ENDS COACH who has no experience calling games let alone winning a SB as an OC. Oh, and he's apparently made some very anti gay comments in his past too!!...but "it has nothing to do with race"...RIGHT? :) :thumb:

:rolleyes:
Unless we have some kind of actual evidence that teams are passing over EB based on his skin color, it's common sense to leave the race card in your pocket until you actually have some kind of proof.

Jumping to conclusions is a fool's game.

Oh, and btw, Andy Reid began his career as a OL/TE coach.

UChieffyBugger
01-15-2021, 05:42 PM
It's not that bieniemy is a top candidate. It's that the excuses are bizarre when you look at who passed him.
All this talk about qb qb qb is bullshit when two tight end run junkies (Campbell, Arthur Smith) are hired and urban qb poison meyer is hired. All this talk of experience is horseshit when Campbell, Brady barely have playcalling experience. Worse, Brandon Staley who not only has no offense experience, he's barely experienced on defense. Don't even get me started if jerod mayo gets a look.

Bieniemy isn't getting snubbed because of experience, qb, offense, etc... He's getting snubbed because front offices have their noses so stuck up very specific asses. In case you wanted the common theme here you go....

Campbell, Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, daboll, mayo coached for a bellichick or parcells tree coach. Zac taylor, Staley from the mcvay tree. Don't fall for these clever tricks that front offices are thinking outside the box. For the billionth year in a row bellichick, parcells, and now mcvay are probably going to practically sweep the cycle.

Coaching tree doesn't add up when five of Reid's former assistants (Nagy, Harbough, Mcdermot and he had Stefanski at Philly with Leslie Fraser too) made the playoffs. Something is very wrong with how these owners are looking at black coach's and EB's situation is exposing it. How many black OC's have been hired as a HC? Hue Jackson and Jim Caldwell may be the last ones years ago.

Deberg_1990
01-15-2021, 05:45 PM
The EB Thing looks even worse when we see how fast Nagy and Pederson got hired.

UChieffyBugger
01-15-2021, 05:46 PM
:rolleyes:
Unless we have some kind of actual evidence that teams are passing over EB based on his skin color, it's common sense to leave the race card in your pocket until you actually have some kind of proof.

Jumping to conclusions is a fool's game.

Oh, and btw, Andy Reid began his career as a OL/TE coach.

If he was still in his first or second year no-one would be talking about race..but three years in the success he's had? And being passed over by less qualified guys who all happen to be white? Nah...you might want to sweep stuff under the carpet but I'll call things how I see it thank you.

And btw guys...i still think EB has a chance with the Texans and Eagles..but right now my confidence in him getting a job is fading QUICKLY.

Also Andy progressed up the ladder at Green Bay and actually called plays as OC before he got a hc job...that Dan Campbell has got a job without that on his resume.

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2021, 05:47 PM
Coaching tree doesn't add up when five of Reid's former assistants (Nagy, Harbough, Mcdermot and he had Stefanski at Philly with Leslie Fraser too) made the playoffs. Something is very wrong with how these owners are looking at black coach's and EB's situation is exposing it. How many black OC's have been hired as a HC? Hue Jackson and Jim Caldwell may be the last ones years ago.

I dont think it's a skin color thing nearly as much as it is a tree circle jerk.

RealSNR
01-15-2021, 05:48 PM
Blah blah blah Tyreek Hill crap blah blah

Okay, you guys got that out of your system?

I think Florio probably hits the nail on the head here about why Bieniemy hasn't gotten an offer.

Starts at the point in the segment, goes for like 5 minutes-ish.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9WhcvlAn1BA?start=565" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FloridaMan88
01-15-2021, 06:03 PM
I’ll be honest... I wouldn’t want EB to be the Chiefs next HC whenever Andy decides to retire.

If Mahomes demands it then fine, but going from Andy to EB would be a deja vu situation I experienced as a Miami fan with the Butch Davis to Larry Coker HC transition.

Megatron96
01-15-2021, 06:03 PM
If he was still in his first or second year no-one would be talking about race..but three years in the success he's had? And being passed over by less qualified guys who all happen to be white? Nah...you might want to sweep stuff under the carpet but I'll call things how I see it thank you.

So, at the end of the day, when all the caterwauling is done, all you really have is the fact that he hasn't been hired in three years?

Not enough to start crying "RACISM!" Not by a long shot.

But you keep going off half-cocked. Not like we aren't used to it.

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2021, 06:04 PM
Toub and Bieniemy. Harbaughs staff. Steelers and Arians tree. Eberflus, Greg Roman, Saleh for many years. These trees are barely getting looks, let alone struggling to get hired. Not hard to see wtf is going on.

jjchieffan
01-15-2021, 06:09 PM
There is one reason and one reason only that Bienemy isn't getting a job. Nobody wants to wait until after the Superbowl to get their coach hired. It's why Salah didn't get a job last year, but he did this year. These coaches being hired now are already hiring their assistants. If they hire Bienemy, and we go back to the Superbowl, pickings will be slim for assistants by that time. If they want Bienemy to have a shot, the rules need to change. Either allow him to be hired any time, or place a hiring freeze until after the Superbowl. Don't believe me? Listen to Charlie Weis tell you about the opportunities he missed because of this very reason. He says that he went to Notre Dame because they were able to hire him while his team was still in the playoffs.

MahomesMagic
01-15-2021, 06:11 PM
There is one reason and one reason only that Bienemy isn't getting a job. Nobody wants to wait until after the Superbowl to get their coach hired. It's why Salah didn't get a job last year, but he did this year. These coaches being hired now are already hiring their assistants. If they hire Bienemy, and we go back to the Superbowl, pickings will be slim for assistants by that time. If they want Bienemy to have a shot, the rules need to change. Either allow him to be hired any time, or place a hiring freeze until after the Superbowl. Don't believe me? Listen to Charlie Weis tell you about the opportunities he missed because of this very reason. He says that he went to Notre Dame because they were able to hire him while his team was still in the playoffs.

I agree. Teams are passing over Bienemy because they don't want to wait and expect Chiefs to be busy the next few weeks.

joethomas
01-15-2021, 06:11 PM
Any team would love an Andy Reid clone. Multiple Reid assistants have been hired into high profile jobs. It's only EB who gets passed over again and again. Obviously those teams are concluding that he isn't one. Whether it's questions about his personality or his time in Colorado or whatever, he's been passed over by enough teams that it's obvious the league has made some kind of judgement that he's not everything you want in a head coach.

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2021, 06:17 PM
Any team would love an Andy Reid clone. Multiple Reid assistants have been hired into high profile jobs. It's only EB who gets passed over again and again. Obviously those teams are concluding that he isn't one. Whether it's questions about his personality or his time in Colorado or whatever, he's been passed over by enough teams that it's obvious the league has made some kind of judgement that he's not everything you want in a head coach.

Dave Toub never gets interviewed. No Reid positions coach gets interviewed, but a tight ends coach is about to get a HC job? And the same goes for Harbaughs staff. And Mcdermotts staff (other than the one patriot stooge on it). It's obvious the league has made some kind of judgment that he doesn't have an indirect line to parcells or bellichicks dick. That's the issue.

Megatron96
01-15-2021, 06:18 PM
Blah blah blah Tyreek Hill crap blah blah

Okay, you guys got that out of your system?

I think Florio probably hits the nail on the head here about why Bieniemy hasn't gotten an offer.

Starts at the point in the segment, goes for like 5 minutes-ish.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9WhcvlAn1BA?start=565" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this explanation makes a lot of sense, whether it's actually true, we might not ever really know.

But I've seen the scenario they're talking about play out exactly like that numerous times. Just one example: one of my best friends from flight school was an excellent pilot, was one of the top 2 pilots in our class, but it took him 5 years to find a job, and it ended up being a job with a small regional in AK. Eventually he found a good job working for a fractional airline. In fact, he never got a job with a major commuter, and it was simply because he was a terrible interview. In short, he made interviewers uncomfortable.

It could be that EB is just a really bad interview. And if he were applying for an OC job, maybe nobody cares. But as HC, he's going to be in front of TV cameras every week, he's going to be introduced to the Owner's friends/family/business associates, etc. and he would have to be able to be "presentable," in those situations. Especially in the modern NFL universe.

Of course, this doesn't really explain Gase, who's about as creepy a TV personality as I've ever seen, but whatever.

UChieffyBugger
01-15-2021, 06:27 PM
So, at the end of the day, when all the caterwauling is done, all you really have is the fact that he hasn't been hired in three years?

Not enough to start crying "RACISM!" Not by a long shot.

But you keep going off half-cocked. Not like we aren't used to it.

You can keep making all the excuses you like...but when white coach's with way less experience or success, continue to get hired over EB then race will be spoken about whether you like it or not. THERE IS A REASON THE ROONEY HAD TO BE PUT IN PLACE...and if you don't understand the reason then I suggest you do some research.

Megatron96
01-15-2021, 06:30 PM
You can keep making all the excuses you like...but when white coach's with way less experience or success, continue to get hired over EB then race will be spoken about whether you like it or not. THERE IS A REASON THE ROONEY HAD TO BE PUT IN PLACE...and if you don't understand the reason then I suggest you do some research.

:deevee:

Bowser
01-15-2021, 06:30 PM

Maybe Bieniemy just doesn't interview worth a shit. Maybe Bieniemy is an unrelatable asshole to those who aren't close with him. Maybe he has no filter and tells these owners exactly what he thinks about their teams and players. Maybe a thousand other things than racism, especially in an era where racism is being actively battled by the NFL.

If it truly were a race thing, I'm pretty sure Bieniemy wouldn't be shy about saying so.

Sassy Squatch
01-15-2021, 06:32 PM
Frontrunners for the remaining jobs

Eagles - Joe Brady

Lions - Dan Campbell

Chargers - Brian Daboll

Texans - Who knows lol

That's probably his only shot and it may only happen if a couple other guys turn it down first.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 06:34 PM
I agree. Teams are passing over Bienemy because they don't want to wait and expect Chiefs to be busy the next few weeks.

If that's the case, why bother to interview him at all?

Megatron96
01-15-2021, 06:34 PM
Maybe Bieniemy just doesn't interview worth a shit. Maybe Bieniemy is an unrelatable asshole to those who aren't close with him. Maybe he has no filter and tells these owners exactly what he thinks about their teams and players. Maybe a thousand other things than racism, especially in an era where racism is being actively battled by the NFL.

If it truly were a race thing, I'm pretty sure Bieniemy wouldn't be shy about saying so.

I'm sure that Andy/Patrick/the rest of the team would be loudly saying so.

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2021, 06:39 PM

Eagles - Joe Brady

Lions - Dan Campbell

Chargers - Brian Daboll

Texans - Who knows lol

That's probably his only shot and it may only happen if a couple other guys turn it down first.

I'm guessing Texans will sneak jerod mayo in there. Because that's what these stooges do.

mkp785
01-15-2021, 06:57 PM

Eagles - Joe Brady

Lions - Dan Campbell

Chargers - Brian Daboll

Texans - Who knows lol

Doug Pederson? Though I still hope that EB gets a shot. Having Watson pull for him helps. Philly seems like a possibility as well.

UChieffyBugger
01-15-2021, 07:04 PM

How many white OC's or DC's who have won the SB have NOT gotten an opportunity to be a HC in recent years? I mean you've got special teams coach's like Joe Judge, QB coach like Zac Taylor and now a TE coach in Dan Campbell, all of whome never called plays, but have gotten a job before EB??? At some point the elephant In the room cannot be ignored any longer no matter how uncomfortable it makes people feel.

MahomesMagic
01-15-2021, 07:13 PM

I'd assume because he starts out high on many lists. But once the interviews start if 2 or 3 guys all look really good they decide to go with who they can lock up first.

Sassy Squatch
01-15-2021, 07:21 PM
Rooney Rule?

penchief
01-15-2021, 08:13 PM
He’ll probably end up in Houston because they’ll be out of options and appeasing Watson will be their best option. If that happens I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up being the best of the lot. He may not be a play caller but he is definitely a coach.

tredadda
01-15-2021, 08:24 PM
Really?

Pederson was in Philly for 5 seasons, led them to the playoffs 3 out of those 5 years winning the division twice and adding their only Super Bowl title in franchise history (with a backup QB, nonetheless).

Nagy has been in Chicago 3 seasons and has led a very average Bears team with a messy QB situation to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons, including one AFC North title beating out the Packers and Vikings who were both superior teams.

I mean, it’s not up to current Chiefs standards or Brady’s Pats standards, but I think they’ve done alright for themselves.

I completely agree. Plus look at others from his tree. They are far more successful than the Belichick tree.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 08:33 PM
Rooney Rule?

Most of these teams have already interviewed Marvin Lewis, Robert Saleh, Jim Caldwell, et al, so there's no reason to bring in Bieniemy for a "token" interview.

tredadda
01-15-2021, 08:35 PM
He’ll probably end up in Houston because they’ll be out of options and appeasing Watson will be their best option. If that happens I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up being the best of the lot. He may not be a play caller but he is definitely a coach.

Definitely see this scenario playing out. The owner is well aware of how much he has angered and alienated his star QB. They almost have to do this or risk losing Watson.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2021, 08:36 PM
I'd assume because he starts out high on many lists. But once the interviews start if 2 or 3 guys all look really good they decide to go with who they can lock up first.

There have been plenty of teams, Chiefs included, that have waited until the playoffs are over before hiring their head coach so if teams really believe that waiting a few more weeks to get "their guy" is going to somehow negatively affect an already shitty team, they'll be repeating this exercising again soon.

eDave
01-15-2021, 08:37 PM
I never understood the hype for him as HC. He's Rooney Rule fodder. Nothing more. Best he remain here anyway.

suzzer99
01-16-2021, 01:00 AM

How would anyone know if it were truly a race thing? You think owners are going to say "we're going to pass because you're black" in an interview?

Also two things can be true. Bieniemy can be a lousy interview, but also have a higher bar because he's black. It doesn't have to be conscious thing with owners and GMs. I'm not saying they're giant racists, just that they might have racial biases they're not even aware of.

As evidence of a low bar for some, I again offer Mike Fucking McCarthy. What the fuck Jerry Jones saw in him I have no idea.

Chieftain
01-16-2021, 05:35 AM

I do believe race plays a factor for certain teams. For example, the Giants hire a nobody like Joe Judge who was a special teams coordinator and they pass on EB. If my memory serves me well, the Giants have never in their history hired a minority head coach. Houston with its racist ownership is another example. You can make an odd case about Jacksonville even though that team is owned by a Pakistani, they have never had a minority head coach and there has never been one under serious consideration. But the most egregious team would have to be the Cowboys. Jerry Jones will never hire a black head coach as long as he breathes oxygen on this earth.

-King-
01-16-2021, 07:12 AM
I just can't get over the fact that Brian Daboll is getting so much attention and is supposedly a shoo in for the Chargers job. This is the first year his offense has been in the top 20 in either yards or points.

I don't even understand the fascination with playcalling. Other than with Reid and Payton, the vast majority of head coaches don't call their own plays. So why is that such a big deal?

UChieffyBugger
01-16-2021, 07:32 AM
So let's look at the list of what teams have done or expected to do.

Jags= college coach with no NFL experience

Jets= defensive coach with a struggling qb and in a division with three other defensive head coaches

Falcons= hired a guy with who was a tight-ends coach the year EB was the OC of the third best offense in NFL history in 2018.

Lions= a tight ends coach who has never called a game in his life

And reports today suggest the Chargers are all in on Brian Daboll and the Eagles are keen on Brandon Staley. So EB's head coaching future is looking more and more likely to be in the hands of Deshaun Watson. Deshaun may need to force the issue for Eric to have a chance with the Texans...otherwise it looks like another year where biased philosophies win again.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that black oc's are rarely hired if ever. Hue Jackson was promoted from OC to HC with the Raiders and Jim Caldwell was promoted at Indy. Anthony Lynn wasn't on a team the time he got the Chargers job and Danny Green was a HC in college. Black coaches who get a shot are usually defensive guys like Dungy, Flores and Tomlin. I haven't found a case yet where a black OC with a team is chosen by another team to be their hc...is this a similar issue to when folks thought black guys couldn't play qb because "they wasn't smart enough"?? We'll see.

tmax63
01-16-2021, 08:08 AM
Another reason EB might not be getting picked that nobody talks about is his past as Colorado player and later coach at CU. Nothing major tied directly to him but several smaller things that hot button words in them. Sexual harassment investigation into the program, a DUI and a few others. Nothing completely show-stopping, but if you have two good candidates and 1 has a lot more baggage in the past than the other then owners/GM's will go the safe route. Add in a potential "not a good interview" and you have a great OC for KC for much longer than expected.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2021, 08:09 AM
So let's look at the list of what teams have done or expected to do.

Jags= college coach with no NFL experience

Jets= defensive coach with a struggling qb and in a division with three other defensive head coaches

Falcons= hired a guy with who was a tight-ends coach the year EB was the OC of the third best offense in NFL history in 2018.

Lions= a tight ends coach who has never called a game in his life

And reports today suggest the Chargers are all in on Brian Daboll and the Eagles are keen on Brandon Staley. So EB's head coaching future is looking more and more likely to be in the hands of Deshaun Watson. Deshaun may need to force the issue for Eric to have a chance with the Texans...otherwise it looks like another year where biased philosophies win again.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that black oc's are rarely hired if ever. Hue Jackson was promoted from OC to HC with the Raiders and Jim Caldwell was promoted at Indy. Anthony Lynn wasn't on a team the time he got the Chargers job and Danny Green was a HC in college. Black coaches who get a shot are usually defensive guys like Dungy, Flores and Tomlin. I haven't found a case yet where a black OC with a team is chosen by another team to be their hc...is this a similar issue to when folks thought black guys couldn't play qb because "they wasn't smart enough"?? We'll see.

Jets hired a Muslim. Falcons and lions new GMs are black. Don't overthink this. The more consistent pattern is that over half of this year's hires will probably have a line to parcells or bellichick. The two new black GMs look like they're stuck in this same trap.

MahomesMagic
01-16-2021, 09:18 AM
I just can't get over the fact that Brian Daboll is getting so much attention and is supposedly a shoo in for the Chargers job. This is the first year his offense has been in the top 20 in either yards or points.

I don't even understand the fascination with playcalling. Other than with Reid and Payton, the vast majority of head coaches don't call their own plays. So why is that such a big deal?

It's a QB centered league. If your head coach can maximize your QB it is a HUGE bonus.

Daboll is a great fit for LAC and what Herbert does well. I think it makes tons of sense.

Bowser
01-16-2021, 09:25 AM

When I think of Brian Daboll, I think of the shit fuck offenses he ran here in KC with the likes of Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn (granted awful talent, but still...). That and the fact he grew out of the "Patriot Way" tree.

UChieffyBugger
01-16-2021, 09:28 AM
Jets hired a Muslim. Falcons and lions new GMs are black. Don't overthink this. The more consistent pattern is that over half of this year's hires will probably have a line to parcells or bellichick. The two new black GMs look like they're stuck in this same trap.

The most consistent pattern are no teams have hired a black coach thus far...period.

Coogs
01-16-2021, 09:35 AM
Didn't EB say he was not interested in the Texans job a couple of weeks ago?

RealSNR
01-16-2021, 09:37 AM
I never understood the hype for him as HC. He's Rooney Rule fodder. Nothing more. Best he remain here anyway.

Just curious how you felt about Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy when they got hired as head coaches.

Chris Meck
01-16-2021, 09:43 AM
It's a QB centered league. If your head coach can maximize your QB it is a HUGE bonus.

Daboll is a great fit for LAC and what Herbert does well. I think it makes tons of sense.

This.

I have no earthly idea why anyone is hiring defensive head coaches right now.

Your little wrinkles on a 4-3 or 3-4 aren't going to make the difference against the great QB's. Oh, that heavy nickel package! Heavens to Betsey, what shall we do!?

The rules are skewed towards offenses.

You must have elite QB play to really be a contender, or at least a 'good' QB capable of running an elite offense.

These teams are just admitting that they'll not be contenders for the next several years, until they start over again.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2021, 10:11 AM
This.

I have no earthly idea why anyone is hiring defensive head coaches right now.

Your little wrinkles on a 4-3 or 3-4 aren't going to make the difference against the great QB's. Oh, that heavy nickel package! Heavens to Betsey, what shall we do!?

The rules are skewed towards offenses.

You must have elite QB play to really be a contender, or at least a 'good' QB capable of running an elite offense.

These teams are just admitting that they'll not be contenders for the next several years, until they start over again.

I'd say the success of Mcdermott, Rivera, Harbaugh and how key the saints D and last years 49ers D has been crucial to their success says otherwise. And bieniemy isn't getting passed by QB guys. He's getting passed up by tight ends coaches and run offense coordinators like Arthur Smith and Stefanski.

What DCs and run game coordinators bring to the table is discipline. Lots of OCs are creative and excellent technical coaches, but that doesn't mean they can manage men.

tredadda
01-16-2021, 10:14 AM

Thing is though that people believe Daboll is responsible for the development of Josh Allen while EB had little to do with Mahomes in their eyes. The LAC are hoping he can develop Herbert while many other teams seem to doubt EB as a play caller because of Reid.

joethomas
01-16-2021, 10:26 AM
There is a place for defensive minded coaches in today's NFL. It's coaching a defense.

Chief Roundup
01-16-2021, 10:27 AM
I think the thread title is wrong. I think it is Eric Bieniemy is not interested in most NFL head coaching jobs.

Chris Meck
01-16-2021, 10:28 AM
I'd say the success of Mcdermott, Rivera, Harbaugh and how key the saints D and last years 49ers D has been crucial to their success says otherwise. And bieniemy isn't getting passed by QB guys. He's getting passed up by tight ends coaches and run offense coordinators like Arthur Smith and Stefanski.

What DCs and run game coordinators bring to the table is discipline. Lots of OCs are creative and excellent technical coaches, but that doesn't mean they can manage men.

McDermott I'll give you, but I don't think you can say Allen's development is his doing.

Rivera? less than .500 this year in the NFC Least. And I like Rivera, but that team isn't going anywhere.

Harbaugh was a special teams coach, and while we may disagree-he has the reigning NFL MVP at QB.

joethomas
01-16-2021, 10:37 AM
For what it's worth I wouldn't want to go to a burning landfill of an organization like Houston either. Most guys aren't going to get multiple shots at a head coaching job. Maybe if you're an older guy and you figure this is your only chance you take it and cash the checks for a couple of years, but if you're EB you probably want to put yourself in a position to succeed and have a long career as a HC

UChieffyBugger
01-16-2021, 10:53 AM

No, he didn't.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2021, 11:01 AM
McDermott I'll give you, but I don't think you can say Allen's development is his doing.

Rivera? less than .500 this year in the NFC Least. And I like Rivera, but that team isn't going anywhere.

Harbaugh was a special teams coach, and while we may disagree-he has the reigning NFL MVP at QB.

what the NYJ did was brilliant. Package deal a DC with a great OC. The recent track record of non offense has been terrific. Flores, Rivera, judge, Vrabel... On the flip side most passing game coaches have not been great. Nagy, pederson, gase duffed it with a good young QB. Zac taylors been a total dud. Meanwhile Lafleur, Stefanski, Shanahan were brought in primarily because of the blocking scheme.

I suspect that's why you're seeing tight ends coaches and DCs pop up this time around. Teams look like they're way more interested in a system instead of a qb whisperer. More Shanahan and Stefanski, less Adam gase.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-16-2021, 11:19 AM
EB is getting the Texans job if he wants it... Only way Watson stays happy, and the fans won't have anything to bitch about. I personally think he will do a good job.

Perineum Ripper
01-16-2021, 11:29 AM

Some reporter said on a radio show EB, “Wanted nothing to do with the Texans.” Then Benjamin Albright reported EB was very interested and likely the top candidate, but the Texans never interviewed him. Then Texans started taking shit for not interviewing him, and have requested to interview him.

dlphg9
01-16-2021, 11:35 AM
what the NYJ did was brilliant. Package deal a DC with a great OC. The recent track record of non offense has been terrific. Flores, Rivera, judge, Vrabel... On the flip side most passing game coaches have not been great. Nagy, pederson, gase duffed it with a good young QB. Zac taylors been a total dud. Meanwhile Lafleur, Stefanski, Shanahan were brought in primarily because of the blocking scheme.

I suspect that's why you're seeing tight ends coaches and DCs pop up this time around. Teams look like they're way more interested in a system instead of a qb whisperer. More Shanahan and Stefanski, less Adam gase.

Who has ever claimed Adam Gase was a QB whisperer? Nagy hasn't had a losing season and went 12-4 his first season with Chicago with Turdbiscuit as his QB. Pederson before this year had a 38-26 record and a SB. It's not his fault Wentz got hurt and became a turnover machine. I'm not sure why you put Gase and his 1 winning season in the same group with those 2.

How the hell are you gonna say that the recent track record of non offensive coaches has been terrific and then name 3 coaches that have 1 combined winning season between them and a combined 28-36 record since they've been recently hired? Vrabel is the only one of those 4 that's shown any real success.

-King-
01-16-2021, 11:45 AM

You're assuming that Daboll had a huge part in what Allen is now and not just Allen himself just improving and learning better mechanics from working with Tom House in the off season and his QB coach Jordan Palmer.

This year is a huge anomaly for Daboll in his coaching career and I wouldn't be surprised if it backfires on whoever hires him. I'm actually hoping it is the Chargers who hire him.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2021, 11:57 AM
Who has ever claimed Adam Gase was a QB whisperer? Nagy hasn't had a losing season and went 12-4 his first season with Chicago with Turdbiscuit as his QB. Pederson before this year had a 38-26 record and a SB. It's not his fault Wentz got hurt and became a turnover machine. I'm not sure why you put Gase and his 1 winning season in the same group with those 2.

How the hell are you gonna say that the recent track record of non offensive coaches has been terrific and then name 3 coaches that have 1 combined winning season between them and a combined 28-36 record since they've been recently hired? Vrabel is the only one of those 4 that's shown any real success.

Is there anybody who would dispute that Vrabel, Rivera, judge, Flores have done a really good job so far?

Gase, Nagy, pederson were hired because their coaches wanted a qb coach to mentor their young qbs. They didn't do that very well. But doesn't chance why they were hired.

RealSNR
01-16-2021, 12:04 PM
So in the late spring when I and many others had some free time, I was curious about the coaching backgrounds of current head coaches in the league. How many coached offense, how many coached defense, or how many were just kind of a weird mixture. We had 19 offense guys, 11 defense guys, and 2 weirdos (Harbaugh and Joe Judge, though you could make a case for others, I'm sure).

So what was the background like of the offensive coaches? And what about the offensive coordinators for all NFL teams? What positions did they coach previously? Some had coached just about everything under the sun at some point (like Andy... damn, I think he coached everything on offense except for RBs) and some guys kind of had backgrounds, but it was like as an assistant position coach for just one year. Like, in that last case, did that one year assisting REALLY grant you comparable knowledge and expertise in that area to a position coach who did that for a couple of years?

In the end I got bored with it and decided I wasn't going to glean any useful information from it. As expected, a whole bunch of the offensive coaches were QB guys at least at some point. I was hoping I'd find an anomaly like a strong prevalence of OL experience among coaches. There was some, but yeah... mostly QBs.

Actually, I did find something interesting, though. A lack of represented experience at one position in particular. WR. Yeah. RB coaches or former RB coaches were way more common than WR guys. TE was surprisingly well represented on these guys' resumes. But not WR. I saw few guys in the head coaches or offensive coordinators who had ever coached WRs, and if they did, it was usually one of those one-year positions early in their career that they quickly moved off of to do other stuff like coaching QBs or whatever. So apparently the NFL doesn't value WR coaches. That's kind of weird.

MIAdragon
01-16-2021, 12:06 PM
Money says he’s going to Texas.

Megatron96
01-16-2021, 12:07 PM
Who has ever claimed Adam Gase was a QB whisperer?

Believe it or not, allegedly Peyton Manning.

DaneMcCloud
01-16-2021, 12:07 PM
This year is a huge anomaly for Daboll in his coaching career and I wouldn't be surprised if it backfires on whoever hires him. I'm actually hoping it is the Chargers who hire him.

Well, considering that the overwhelming majority of coaching hires fail, you're not really going out on a limb by predicting that he'll fail as well.

Megatron96
01-16-2021, 12:11 PM
Is there anybody who would dispute that Vrabel, Rivera, judge, Flores have done a really good job so far?

Gase, Nagy, pederson were hired because their coaches wanted a qb coach to mentor their young qbs. They didn't do that very well. But doesn't chance why they were hired.

Other than Flores bouncing back and forth between Tua and Fitz, no can't argue with that. Vrabel, Judge, Rivera, and Flores have all done pretty well. I'll even give Vrabel a nod, even though his defense is not very good, but that's a matter of talent, not scheme or discipline. Those guys are pretty well coached, they just don't have enough horses.

notorious
01-16-2021, 12:14 PM
Bieniemy reminds me of Sigourney Weaver on Galaxy Quest.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f7/a6/d2/f7a6d2d6abb08082d7b61ab3b7b78b32.gif

Repeat what the Captain/Head Coach says. That's it.

RealSNR
01-16-2021, 12:28 PM
So in the late spring when I and many others had some free time, I was curious about the coaching backgrounds of current head coaches in the league. How many coached offense, how many coached defense, or how many were just kind of a weird mixture. We had 19 offense guys, 11 defense guys, and 2 weirdos (Harbaugh and Joe Judge, though you could make a case for others, I'm sure).

So what was the background like of the offensive coaches? And what about the offensive coordinators for all NFL teams? What positions did they coach previously? Some had coached just about everything under the sun at some point (like Andy... damn, I think he coached everything on offense except for RBs) and some guys kind of had backgrounds, but it was like as an assistant position coach for just one year. Like, in that last case, did that one year assisting REALLY grant you comparable knowledge and expertise in that area to a position coach who did that for a couple of years?

In the end I got bored with it and decided I wasn't going to glean any useful information from it. As expected, a whole bunch of the offensive coaches were QB guys at least at some point. I was hoping I'd find an anomaly like a strong prevalence of OL experience among coaches. There was some, but yeah... mostly QBs.

Actually, I did find something interesting, though. A lack of represented experience at one position in particular. WR. Yeah. RB coaches or former RB coaches were way more common than WR guys. TE was surprisingly well represented on these guys' resumes. But not WR. I saw few guys in the head coaches or offensive coordinators who had ever coached WRs, and if they did, it was usually one of those one-year positions early in their career that they quickly moved off of to do other stuff like coaching QBs or whatever. So apparently the NFL doesn't value WR coaches. That's kind of weird.

Also, weird tidbit:

Dirk Koetter has coached either high school, college, or NFL since 1983. In all that time he has never once been a position coach. Not. Once.

Been a head coach plenty of times. Been an offensive coordinator plenty of times. But that's it. Those are the only two types of capacities he's ever served in since his career started in 1983.

staylor26
01-16-2021, 12:30 PM
Also, weird tidbit:

Dirk Koetter has coached either high school, college, or NFL since 1983. In all that time he has never once been a position coach. Not. Once.

Been a head coach plenty of times. Been an offensive coordinator plenty of times. But that's it. Those are the only two types of capacities he's ever served in since his career started in 1983.

Yea that’s very odd.

staylor26
01-16-2021, 12:31 PM

Is he still the favorite in Vegas?

I know he was like a week ago.

Sassy Squatch
01-16-2021, 12:34 PM
Is he still the favorite in Vegas?

I know he was like a week ago.
That might be the only job offer he ever gets, if he even does, but holy shit that job is getting worse by the day. SI published another article about Easterby/Watson and I can't see how any coach wants to be involved with that.

joethomas
01-16-2021, 12:42 PM
https://www.boston.com/sports/nfl/2021/01/16/jack-easterby-houston-texans-kraft-family-sports-illustrated

According to Greg Bishop and Jenny Vrentas of Sports Illustrated, in a detailed piece published Saturday morning, Jack Easterby has told people in both the Patriots and Houston Texans organizations that the Kraft family is behind the negative press about him.

Some reportedly insist that he’s spread a story that the Krafts – who own the Patriots – are investors in Sports Illustrated or directly funded SI’s reporting, and Sports Illustrated quickly dispelled that notion.

Vrentas and Bishop wrote that they learned that Easterby told people he planned to sue Sports Illustrated, but the magazine hasn’t been notified of any such lawsuit.

A longtime staffer reportedly said the hire of Nick Caserio as General Manager of the Texans made Easterby’s influence even more clear. Caserio, who was the Patriots’ director of player personnel, came to Houston in a “hiring that blindsided many” because it didn’t align with CEO Cal McNair’s previous statements. Caserio was reportedly not one of the candidates recommended by search firm Korn Ferry.

McNair said that Easterby wasn’t on the internal search committee for a GM or head coach, but it appears Easterby skipped exit interviews to meet with Caserio in New England.

Easterby also reportedly took the place of acting head coach Romeo Crennel during a team meeting and delivered a speech that Vrentas and Bishop said others described as “a lengthy missive intended to be rousing,” in which he praised quarterback Deshaun Watson – perhaps to try and curry favor with him – and brushed aside most other players, including defensive star J.J. Watt.

McNair has said publicly that both Easterby and Watson are staying with the team, and he’s continued to stand with both.

“The scrutiny on Jack is really unjustified,” McNair said Friday. “Jack was put into that role (interim GM) the organization needed by me. If missteps were made during that process, we’ll own those within our building.”

Sassy Squatch
01-16-2021, 12:44 PM
LMAO What a fucking coward. Can't even own up to his own failings.

Sassy Squatch
01-16-2021, 12:46 PM
He's calling up players crying about how he's received death threats.

DaneMcCloud
01-16-2021, 12:49 PM
Who has ever claimed Adam Gase was a QB whisperer?

Peyton Manning

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-16-2021, 02:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just mentioned on <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nflnetwork</a> the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Eagles</a> have requested permission to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for their vacant head-coaching job, sources say. TBD when the interview will occur because KC is alive.</p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1350536837002047489?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
01-16-2021, 02:26 PM
Peyton Manning

Didn’t mean to downvote.

louie aguiar
01-16-2021, 02:33 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just mentioned on <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nflnetwork</a> the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Eagles</a> have requested permission to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for their vacant head-coaching job, sources say. TBD when the interview will occur because KC is alive.</p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1350536837002047489?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For EB’s sake, hopefully this isn’t a token interview to satisfy the Rooney rule.

staylor26
01-16-2021, 02:36 PM
For EB’s sake, hopefully this isn’t a token interview to satisfy the Rooney rule.

One of the Eagles candidates is Duce Staley who’s already a coach there, so I don’t think that’s necessary.

Coach
01-16-2021, 02:40 PM
One of the Eagles candidates is Duce Staley who’s already a coach there, so I don’t think that’s necessary.

I believe the rule was changed now to that a team has to interview 2 instead of 1.

The Franchise
01-16-2021, 05:12 PM

They also requested to interview McDaniels.

RealSNR
01-16-2021, 05:41 PM

Duce Staley is now a head coach candidate.

I'm old :deevee:

J Diddy
01-16-2021, 06:29 PM

For some fuckers that kicked Andy out on his ass, they sure like his coaches. wouldn't it be funny if EB replaced Pederson and then Pederson came back to replace EB.

Sassy Squatch
01-16-2021, 06:32 PM
Lafleur has taken the Packers to the NFC Championship in both seasons. Imagine if Rodgers hadn't had most of his prime wasted by that waste of space McCarthey

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2021, 06:32 PM
For some ****ers that kicked Andy out on his ass, they sure like his coaches. wouldn't it be funny if EB replaced Pederson and then Pederson came back to replace EB.

Not really. Pederson got then a super bowl so it's already worked out nicely for them.

suzzer99
01-16-2021, 06:37 PM
Lafleur has taken the Packers to the NFC Championship in both seasons. Imagine if Rodgers hadn't had most of his prime wasted by that waste of space McCarthey

https://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1936033/jordyflag.gif

Love Rodgers storming over to bitch Fat Mike out at the end.

dlphg9
01-16-2021, 06:45 PM
Believe it or not, allegedly Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning

Yeah, kinda hard for me to take that seriously when Gase
had nothing to do with Peytons development and was Peyton's OC in Denver. Gase has never coached up a young QB. Seems more like Peyton and him became friends and Peyton talked him up.

RunKC
01-16-2021, 06:56 PM

It was also that dumbass Ted Thompson who refused to sign FA’s. Now that they signed guys like Preston Smith and Z’Darius Smith it has made a huge difference.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-16-2021, 07:14 PM
I have this feeling that Bienemy is going to our OC again next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PurpleJesus28
01-16-2021, 09:37 PM
Duce Staley is now a head coach candidate.

I'm old :deevee:

I can remember Duce playing too,but i feel like he's been coaching a long time as well.

Chris Meck
01-17-2021, 09:50 AM

Has there ever been a Patriots way GM that didn't run the Perkins-Erhardt offense? Legit question, because I'm not sure.

I mean it seems like EVERY SINGLE Patriots offshoot just attempts to clone everything Bill Belichick does.

Bienemy's a Reid WC guy.

Rams Fan
01-17-2021, 10:03 AM

Or that the Packers gave him practically nothing around him talent wise for the better part of 5 years.

Coogs
01-17-2021, 10:04 AM
Some reporter said on a radio show EB, “Wanted nothing to do with the Texans.” Then Benjamin Albright reported EB was very interested and likely the top candidate, but the Texans never interviewed him. Then Texans started taking shit for not interviewing him, and have requested to interview him.

I must have heard this.

Mecca
01-17-2021, 10:08 AM
Guys apparently changed their minds, Eberflus turned down the Texans, then yesterday interviewed with them.

RealSNR
01-17-2021, 10:13 AM
Has there ever been a Patriots way GM that didn't run the Perkins-Erhardt offense? Legit question, because I'm not sure.

I mean it seems like EVERY SINGLE Patriots offshoot just attempts to clone everything Bill Belichick does.

Bienemy's a Reid WC guy.

What did the Falcons run with Dimitroff? To give him credit, he did tend to stray from Patriot bullshit more than some others.

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2021, 10:37 AM
Philly might be an awesome spot for bieniemy. System continuity from pederson. And its a real good gamble for Philly. Philly has a heavy rebuild ahead. At best, bieniemy has a chip on his shoulder and does a great job. At worst, Philly has a scapegoat. Bieniemy on the other hand has the upside of working for a stable sports town and the excuse of a rebuild if things don't work out.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-17-2021, 08:59 PM
Lions and Chargers just hired new coaches. Only a couple jobs left

dirk digler
01-18-2021, 10:00 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NFL has granted clubs permission to conduct virtual interviews this week with head-coaching candidates who are still in the playoffs, provided the employer club consents, per source. Notable for the likes of Eric Bieniemy and Todd Bowles, who interviews with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Eagles</a> today</p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1351196471350206464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud
01-18-2021, 11:28 AM
What did the Falcons run with Dimitroff? To give him credit, he did tend to stray from Patriot bullshit more than some others.

Mike Mularkey, their first OC under Dimitroff/Smith ran the EP.

After that, the Falcons ran the typical WCO under Dirk Koetter, Kyle Shanahan, Steve Sarkissian and Greg Knapp.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2021, 11:31 AM
Philly might be an awesome spot for bieniemy. System continuity from pederson. And its a real good gamble for Philly. Philly has a heavy rebuild ahead. At best, bieniemy has a chip on his shoulder and does a great job. At worst, Philly has a scapegoat. Bieniemy on the other hand has the upside of working for a stable sports town and the excuse of a rebuild if things don't work out.

I'd stay away from the Philly and Houston situations if I was an HC prospect.

DaneMcCloud
01-18-2021, 01:06 PM
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/18/mmqb-divisional-round-chad-henne-chiefs-bills-packers-buccaneers

This sucks for Eric Bieniemy. It really does. I’m told he’s gone the extra mile this year to answer all questions in his interviews—and has been very upfront on stuff in his background that’s been problematic for teams.

And it’s too bad his shot hasn’t come as quickly as shots did for his predecessors in Kansas City, Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy. But it’s not like this is unprecedented. Mike Zimmer waited forever for his shot. So did Tony Dungy. And Saints OC Pete Carmichael is a good example of a coach who hasn’t gotten a chance with a lot of the same marks on his resume that Bieniemy has. Carmichael coached a future Hall of Fame quarterback through a mountain of statistical production and personal growth. He also works alongside a legendary play-calling coach.

Bieniemy’s a really good guy, in my experience around him. He’s well-liked in the building in K.C. I hope his time comes. It seems to me like the match for him hasn’t come along like it did for those other guys. And I’m really not sure there’s a ton more to it than that.

The good news is that being with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes should have a way of protecting his stock, so he won’t suddenly fall off the radar in a year or two.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-18-2021, 01:46 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Seahawks?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Seahawks</a> have spoken to former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Jets</a> head coach Adam Gase about the offensive coordinator opening, per source, and they intend to speak to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> QBs coach Mike Kafka at some point. Seattle casting wide net to get some new ideas for Russell Wilson and co.</p>&mdash; Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1351250383356780546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca
01-18-2021, 02:57 PM
Bieniemy's agent on twitter.

On MLK Day...the
@NFL
should be ashamed that...at this point with only 2 jobs remaining (one after Eagles hire JM) ... zero black coach hires or even 2nd interviews. No coaches coaching in conference championship games are currently connected to either of these 2 jobs.

I don't really think your agent throwing that is helpful.

staylor26
01-18-2021, 03:03 PM

On MLK Day...the
@NFL
should be ashamed that...at this point with only 2 jobs remaining (one after Eagles hire JM) ... zero black coach hires or even 2nd interviews. No coaches coaching in conference championship games are currently connected to either of these 2 jobs.

Like I said in the other thread, 2 new black GM’s and a minority HC, but that’s not relevant because it doesn’t fit the narrative and nobody gives a shit about other minorities.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2021, 03:06 PM

On MLK Day...the
@NFL

Saleh was hired by the Jets (first Muslim American HC in the NFL as well), Detroit hired a minority GM... EB's agent makes not mention of those hires.

The inconvenient reality for people who are trying to make a movement out of EB's cause is the fact he may just not be a good candidate in terms of how he interviews, etc.

The Franchise
01-18-2021, 03:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Seahawks?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Seahawks</a> have spoken to former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Jets</a> head coach Adam Gase about the offensive coordinator opening, per source, and they intend to speak to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> QBs coach Mike Kafka at some point. Seattle casting wide net to get some new ideas for Russell Wilson and co.</p>&mdash; Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1351250383356780546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How pissed do you think Jamal Adams is going to be if Gase gets hired?

Demonpenz
01-18-2021, 03:27 PM
People think it's going to be mike singleterry 2.0

Sassy Squatch
01-18-2021, 04:26 PM
FWIW

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per source: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> have zeroed in on Eric Bieniemy as their next head coach, there is one issue currently being negotiated<br><br>Eric wants partial roster control<br><br>Things are fluid but we are getting closer</p>&mdash; Just Some Dude (@HoustonFBpodguy) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonFBpodguy/status/1351284762061713409?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tredadda
01-18-2021, 04:29 PM
FWIW

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per source: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> have zeroed in on Eric Bieniemy as their next head coach, there is one issue currently being negotiated<br><br>Eric wants partial roster control<br><br>Things are fluid but we are getting closer</p>&mdash; Just Some Dude (@HoustonFBpodguy) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonFBpodguy/status/1351284762061713409?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is their hail mary to keep Watson. Let's see if it works.

Sassy Squatch
01-18-2021, 05:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Have heard from two sources now that Deshaun Watson was involved in the interview of Eric Bieniemy confirmed today<br><br>EB wasnt on the initial list but Nick worked hard to push for him<br><br>EB doesnt like that they’ve prioritized “men of god” over football players<br><br>Looking promising tho</p>&mdash; Texans Thoughts (@Texans_Thoughts) <a href="https://twitter.com/Texans_Thoughts/status/1351298647145631744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

penchief
01-18-2021, 05:06 PM
People think it's going to be mike singleterry 2.0

Nah, EB doesn’t browbeat, he motivates.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-18-2021, 05:10 PM
These two profiles have a combined Twitter following of 5,000. Take whatever they say with a grain of salt

RealSNR
01-18-2021, 05:14 PM

On MLK Day...the
@NFL

Saleh isn't black? What?

We need a ruling on this. Is Saleh fighting with the black or the whites?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4REO0pucYY8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26
01-18-2021, 05:17 PM
Please Texans, don’t fuck this up!

I want those draft picks and to keep Kafka.

mkp785
01-18-2021, 05:25 PM
This is their hail mary to keep Watson. Let's see if it works.

It will. This is likely the only way they can keep him. And looks like they know it. EB should push them as hard as he can. Looks like he's trying for roster control which is smart, get paid too since you're gonna have NFL Osteen in bldg doing who knows what.

eDave
01-18-2021, 05:26 PM
Just curious how you felt about Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy when they got hired as head coaches.

I didn't. However, if EB is so good why deny him due to skin color? Winning trumps all that shit and he shouldn't wanna work for an organization that doesn't want to win.

mkp785
01-18-2021, 05:26 PM
Please Texans, don’t **** this up!

I want those draft picks and to keep Kafka.

This. Since Seattle is trying to get him from us it looks like.

CaliforniaChief
01-18-2021, 05:36 PM
So we're supposed to believe both that Watson isn't returning calls from the Texans and will probably never play for them again and yet simultaneously involved in interviewing EB?

Archie Bunker
01-18-2021, 06:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs also keeping one of their top offensive minds in Mike Kafka. QB coach has interest from other teams as OC but is part of a great thing in KC. Future HC in the making</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1351320728927350792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MahomesKnows
01-18-2021, 06:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs also keeping one of their top offensive minds in Mike Kafka. QB coach has interest from other teams as OC but is part of a great thing in KC. Future HC in the making</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1351320728927350792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is great news!

tredadda
01-18-2021, 06:19 PM
So we're supposed to believe both that Watson isn't returning calls from the Texans and will probably never play for them again and yet simultaneously involved in interviewing EB?

It would be the ultimate FU if he convinced them to hire EB and then refused to play for them.

chiefzilla1501
01-18-2021, 06:47 PM

I'm happy for bieniemy and would be glad to have him another year. But this is what I really want. I'm excited to see what Kafka can bring and we can hopefully keep a guy around for 2 years.

But also exciting... I can't wait to see what qb coach Reid brings in. Working with Mahomes and Reid has to be a wet dream. Also, who's next in line after Kafka. Maybe DeLand McCullough?

loochy
01-18-2021, 07:01 PM

Future HC in the making....because he's not black

joethomas
01-18-2021, 08:20 PM
I guess Saleh doesn't count?

staylor26
01-19-2021, 12:26 AM
I’m convinced Bieniemy is going to get the Texans job.

1. He’s by far the best candidate for a job nobody really wants. Are they really going to go with Leslie Frazier?

2. He’s the only way the Texans can fix the current mess they’re in and make their franchise QB happy again.

3. I just don’t see them doing all of this only to not hire him. Their QB AND their fans want Bieniemy. Could you imagine the backlash if they don’t?

4. Kafka was a candidate for the Seahawks OC job, which still hasn’t been filled, so why the report that he’s coming back? Wouldn’t that make sense if he knows he’s going to get the OC job here?

5. Watson calling for people not to protest? Maybe he knows Bieniemy is going to get the job and is trying to cool things down?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-19-2021, 12:30 AM
Yep EB will probably be the new HC of the Texans. I’m hoping he can turn that franchise around. Watson doesn’t deserve this shitty franchise

mkp785
01-19-2021, 12:47 AM
I guess Saleh doesn't count?

That's a good question. They should get the comp picks for him I'd think. I wonder how that works. Is it anyone not white? They don't have to be just black do they?

Tchoupitoulas
01-19-2021, 05:36 AM
I think the argument is that over 80% of the players are specifically black and coaching should represent this demographic not all minorities.

Cheater5
01-19-2021, 06:13 AM
Saleh isn't black? What?

We need a ruling on this. Is Saleh fighting with the black or the whites?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4REO0pucYY8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On a somewhat relevant note, at 2:15 Colin demonstrates the proper technique for rendering a brachial stun judy chop.

staylor26
01-19-2021, 12:17 PM
I think the argument is that over 80% of the players are specifically black and coaching should represent this demographic not all minorities.

I think everybody is aware that’s the argument, but it doesn’t make it a good one.

And ignoring that a minority HC was hired still goes to show there’s only 1 minority that they actually care about.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 12:21 PM
Everybody thought Daboll was head to LA and they hired Staley.

At the end of the day, Patriot Way is Patriot Way. EB isn't going to the Texans unless they've sold their Pats allegiance to appease Watson, which would be nothing short of a miracle (and not the kind Easterby peddles).

staylor26
01-19-2021, 12:22 PM
Everybody thought Daboll was head to LA and they hired Staley.

At the end of the day, Patriot Way is Patriot Way. EB isn't going to the Texans unless they've sold their Pats allegiance to appease Watson, which would be nothing short of a miracle (and not the kind Easterby peddles).

There are no longer any Patriot Way candidates for the job. Daboll isn’t even a candidate.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2021, 12:22 PM
Maybe teams just don’t want to give up the comp picks for EB?

They might like him, but not like him quite that much to give up picks.

So that policy is having a reverse effect?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-19-2021, 12:23 PM

Falcons and Rams just gave up thirds I believe

staylor26
01-19-2021, 12:23 PM

They aren’t “giving up” comp picks. They lose nothing.

BleedingRed
01-19-2021, 12:24 PM

Not how it works

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 12:25 PM
There are no longer any Patriot Way candidates for the job. Daboll isn’t even a candidate.

Nick Caserio wasn't a candidate for the GM job, either. Just saying.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-19-2021, 12:26 PM
On a somewhat relevant note, at 2:15 Colin demonstrates the proper technique for rendering a brachial stun judy chop.

LMAO

Hoover
01-19-2021, 12:31 PM

1. He’s by far the best candidate for a job nobody really wants. Are they really going to go with Leslie Frazier?

2. He’s the only way the Texans can fix the current mess they’re in and make their franchise QB happy again.

3. I just don’t see them doing all of this only to not hire him. Their QB AND their fans want Bieniemy. Could you imagine the backlash if they don’t?

4. Kafka was a candidate for the Seahawks OC job, which still hasn’t been filled, so why the report that he’s coming back? Wouldn’t that make sense if he knows he’s going to get the OC job here?

5. Watson calling for people not to protest? Maybe he knows Bieniemy is going to get the job and is trying to cool things down?
I agree with this.

I really want to see what EB would do with a QB like Watson. Would be fun to watch.

I also think it was a mistake for the Chargers not to go after Daboll. Its the perfect fit for Herbert, but no, lets go with a Defensive wunderkind.

As a Chiefs fan, I thank them.

staylor26
01-19-2021, 12:33 PM
Nick Caserio wasn't a candidate for the GM job, either. Just saying.

How? He was the top candidate a year ago. I know the search committee didn’t come up with his name, but he was always a candidate based on how bad they wanted him a year ago.

They aren’t going to hire a HC without even interviewing them. Sounds like Daboll and his team have already moved on to next year too.

Sassy Squatch
01-19-2021, 12:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I been trying to have some patience, I told my momma she should pray on it. <a href="https://t.co/mhXSspBUj6">pic.twitter.com/mhXSspBUj6</a></p>&mdash; Deshaun Watson (@deshaunwatson) <a href="https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/1351594526385840130?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

smithandrew051
01-19-2021, 12:47 PM

I agree with this....buuutttttt.....it’s entirely possible that you’re giving the Texans too much credit. I don’t doubt that they’re very capable of fucking this up.

CasselGotPeedOn
01-19-2021, 12:48 PM
I been LMAO

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 01:10 PM
How? He was the top candidate a year ago. I know the search committee didn’t come up with his name, but he was always a candidate based on how bad they wanted him a year ago.

They aren’t going to hire a HC without even interviewing them. Sounds like Daboll and his team have already moved on to next year too.

McNair had the search committee compile a list of candidates. Nick Caserio wasn't on that list.

McNair hired him out of left field. He wasn't ever an official candidate.

And at this point, it may not be Daboll but they're going to hire some stooge that they can control.

If it's EB, he'll go the way of Gunther Cunningham. No self respect.

staylor26
01-19-2021, 01:14 PM
McNair had the search committee compile a list of candidates. Nick Caserio wasn't on that list.

McNair hired him out of left field. He wasn't ever an official candidate.

And at this point, it may not be Daboll but they're going to hire some stooge that they can control.

If it's EB, he'll go the way of Gunther Cunningham. No self respect.

I wouldn’t really call hiring the guy that was their top candidate last year “out of left field”.

Again, they haven’t even interviewed anybody like that and it’s very late in the game.

It’s basically down to EB and Frazier.

mnchiefsguy
01-19-2021, 01:14 PM

My understanding is that the team hiring does not give up the picks, they are additional picks inserted into the draft at the end of third round, similar to comp picks for free agents.

Dunerdr
01-19-2021, 01:24 PM
I wouldn’t really call hiring the guy that was their top candidate last year “out of left field”.

Again, they haven’t even interviewed anybody like that and it’s very late in the game.

AND ROMEO

Deberg_1990
01-19-2021, 01:24 PM
Surprised Josh McDaniels name hasn’t popped up lately?

staylor26
01-19-2021, 01:26 PM

He’s expected to take the Eagles job.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 01:26 PM

That's the thing though. The search comittee never vetted Caserio. The team never officially interviewed him.

Sure, they were interested last year but this time around, McNair acted like it was just a foregone conclusion that they were going that way regardless.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hire a HC nobody even expects at this point - again, unless they're doing everything they can to appease Watson, which is possible. I mean there's only so much stupid arrogance one can get away with, right?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-19-2021, 01:27 PM

He’s going to the Eagles

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 01:28 PM

ROFL

They're going from SB rings to garbage in 5 years.

The Franchise
01-19-2021, 01:29 PM

And they’re going to give him roster control, I believe. Some teams never fucking learn.

Sassy Squatch
01-19-2021, 01:30 PM
WHAT?!? LMAO

Deberg_1990
01-19-2021, 01:30 PM
He’s going to the Eagles

Just don’t make him GM and they should be ok.

Sassy Squatch
01-19-2021, 01:31 PM
I hope he brings Patricia too.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2021, 01:48 PM

I'd say that some spiritual advisor going around and making a critical deal like this behind the owners back is way out of left field. I'd also say that given the comically bad way BOB exited, it's very curious that they would hire the guy he badly wanted to hire.

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 01:57 PM
I know I'm kind of late to this party, but why would EB even be interested in this job if Watson leaves? Basically a full-on rebuild at that point, isn't it?

staylor26
01-19-2021, 01:59 PM
I'd say that some spiritual advisor going around and making a critical deal like this behind the owners back is way out of left field. I'd also say that given the comically bad way BOB exited, it's very curious that they would hire the guy he badly wanted to hire.

He was still their top candidate last year. For that reason alone, he wasn’t an “out of left field” candidate.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2021, 02:06 PM
I know I'm kind of late to this party, but why would EB even be interested in this job if Watson leaves? Basically a full-on rebuild at that point, isn't it?

Id bet this EB talk is an indication that Watson is staying and Easterby is on his way out. If so, while I hate the idea of coaching for a patriots stooge, this might actually be a real good spot for EB. This whole fiasco may have allowed him to negotiate some personnel control, Caserio will be under the microscope if he tries any patriots culture nonsense, and EB will be viewed by fans as the guy who helped Watson stay. Id say over the weekend this whole thing really flipped to EB getting this which is great for EB and I personally think great for us. Win win.

FloridaMan88
01-19-2021, 02:12 PM
He’s going to the Eagles

Be careful what you wish for, Carson Wentz.

If you didn’t get along with Doug Pederson, good luck with Jackass McDaniels.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2021, 05:17 PM
Eagles interviewing Dennis Allen now too.

Another failed retread. :facepalm:

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 05:19 PM

Easterby didn't hire Caserio. McNair did. McNair hired the search firm, reviewed their findings, then consulted with Easterby. Then McNair contacted Caserio and did the deal.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 05:20 PM
Id bet this EB talk is an indication that Watson is staying and Easterby is on his way out. If so, while I hate the idea of coaching for a patriots stooge, this might actually be a real good spot for EB. This whole fiasco may have allowed him to negotiate some personnel control, Caserio will be under the microscope if he tries any patriots culture nonsense, and EB will be viewed by fans as the guy who helped Watson stay. Id say over the weekend this whole thing really flipped to EB getting this which is great for EB and I personally think great for us. Win win.

Easterby is not going anywhere. He's McNair's right hand man.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 05:22 PM
He was still their top candidate last year. For that reason alone, he wasn’t an “out of left field” candidate.

Okay so maybe "out of left field" isn't the right phrase.

But when you pay a search firm hundreds of thousands of dollars and then hire somebody they didn't even look at, it's highly perplexing, to say the least.

It certainly wasn't "conventional".

staylor26
01-19-2021, 06:47 PM

But when you pay a search firm hundreds of thousands of dollars and then hire somebody they didn't even look at, it's highly perplexing, to say the least.

It certainly wasn't "conventional".

Agreed.

frethack
01-19-2021, 10:50 PM

It certainly wasn't "conventional".Not defending the Casserio hire, but Korn Ferry is the same firm that recommended BOB to the Texans. McNairs first mistake was rehiring them, but he was likely using them to satisfy the Rooney Rule anyway.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

wazu
01-21-2021, 12:09 PM
Lions picked this guy over Bieniemy.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Calvin Joshnson and Barry Sanders might pull a ham string running to comeback for one last szn after seeing this <a href="https://t.co/VTNdLaXzBL">pic.twitter.com/VTNdLaXzBL</a></p>&mdash; PFTCommenter (@PFTCommenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1352309935707742208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
01-21-2021, 12:18 PM
Bite a knee cap? That’s an interesting thought.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2021, 12:19 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Calvin Joshnson and Barry Sanders might pull a ham string running to comeback for one last szn after seeing this <a href="https://t.co/VTNdLaXzBL">pic.twitter.com/VTNdLaXzBL</a></p>&mdash; PFTCommenter (@PFTCommenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1352309935707742208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Should the Lions begin searching for their next HC hire in 2023?

wazu
01-21-2021, 12:21 PM
Campbell the Cannibal

wazu
01-21-2021, 12:29 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Dude abides <a href="https://t.co/HhTLbDBrOS">pic.twitter.com/HhTLbDBrOS</a></p>&mdash; Detroit Lions (@Lions) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1352320446784528384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-21-2021, 12:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Dude abides <a href="https://t.co/HhTLbDBrOS">pic.twitter.com/HhTLbDBrOS</a></p>&mdash; Detroit Lions (@Lions) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1352320446784528384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote>

At least EB will have another chance at a job opening next year when the Lions fire Campbell

OKchiefs
01-21-2021, 12:33 PM
He seems to have a few screws loose, good luck with that.

htismaqe
01-21-2021, 12:34 PM
Wow, they hired Mike Tyson.

He fuckin crazthy.

staylor26
Things have gotten real quiet out of Houston ever since the EB interview...

Sassy Squatch

LMAO that felt like a sketch gone wrong on one of those shitty late night programs. My god.

OKchiefs
And not surprising that a coach coming from New Orleans is likely going to instill a mindset of playing dirty football trying to hurt people

RealSNR
01-21-2021, 12:35 PM

I'll laugh if they hire Bieniemy and Watson pulls a Carson Palmer anyway.

htismaqe
01-21-2021, 12:36 PM

That might actually be good news. Even though the NFL lifted the restriction on interviews, I'm guessing they can't hire him until after the season is over.

Mecca
01-21-2021, 12:39 PM

So this is of course the idea of big tough and physical when in reality the best coaches understand nuance and detail

The Franchise
01-21-2021, 12:39 PM
He literally said they’re going to be punching bags.

Prison Bitch
01-21-2021, 12:40 PM

Everyone talking to them wants to wait out Watson’s situation.

Personally I think it’s a better job if they do trade him, and EB or whoever gets 5 guaranteed rebuild years. Like Saleh got in NY.

wazu
01-21-2021, 12:41 PM
So this is of course the idea of big tough and physical when in reality the best coaches understand nuance and detail

Smart guy use big words, but won't be so smart when The Dude eats his kneecaps.

staylor26
01-21-2021, 12:41 PM
That might actually be good news. Even though the NFL lifted the restriction on interviews, I'm guessing they can't hire him until after the season is over.

Oh I was definitely implying that it is.

Only two candidates for the Houston job are still in the playoffs, EB and Frazier. If it were going to be anybody else, something would’ve gotten done by now.

I’m convinced it’s EB, hence Kafka staying.

mkp785
01-21-2021, 12:43 PM

I wonder if they had him talk to Watson before, during or after the interview. Or if that's even allowed? If he talks the QB into staying then that's that.

htismaqe
01-21-2021, 12:43 PM

Right.

Jon Gruden did the same thing. Gonna be old school, gonna punch you in the mouth...

Gonna fail to make the playoffs 3 out of 3 years.

mkp785
01-21-2021, 12:51 PM

I picture him as an older version of Ogre from "Revenge of the Nerds"

https://youtu.be/gZEdDMQZaCU

Direckshun
01-21-2021, 01:00 PM
He literally said they’re going to be punching bags.

The Homer Simpson school of winning boxing matches.

RealSNR
01-21-2021, 01:01 PM
I wonder if they had him talk to Watson before, during or after the interview. Or if that's even allowed? If he talks the QB into staying then that's that.

I don't see why that wouldn't be considered tampering.

I doubt Watson has gone silent on his teammates. More than likely, the front office could probably contact one of the players and ask them to relay the message to Watson that right now Eric Bieniemy is pretty much their guy. He might listen to them then.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2021, 01:02 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eagles are hiring Colts&#39; OC Nick Sirianni as their head coach, sources tell ESPN. Sirianni spent three seasons as a Chiefs&#39; assistant coach, five seasons with the Chargers, and the past three with the Colts. Now the 39-year-old Sirianni becomes the lead man in Philadelphia.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1352330002772193280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mkp785
01-21-2021, 01:03 PM
Philly just hired Colts Oline coach. Patriot scum in Boston stays there for now.

staylor26
01-21-2021, 01:07 PM
Sirianni is an interesting hire.

The Franchise
01-21-2021, 01:10 PM
Chargers hire Rams DC - had Ramsey and Donald
Eagles hire Colts OC - had Quentin Nelson

Tell me why Bieniemy can’t get hired because of our offensive weapons?

wazu
01-21-2021, 01:12 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eagles are hiring Colts&#39; OC Nick Sirianni as their head coach, sources tell ESPN. Sirianni spent three seasons as a Chiefs&#39; assistant coach, five seasons with the Chargers, and the past three with the Colts. Now the 39-year-old Sirianni becomes the lead man in Philadelphia.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1352330002772193280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Eagles GM must've jumped out of his chair after watching their final drive against the Bills. "That's our guy!"

Direckshun
01-21-2021, 01:12 PM
Chargers hire Rams DC - had Ramsey and Donald
Eagles hire Colts OC - had Quentin Nelson

Tell me why Bieniemy can’t get hired because of our offensive weapons?

Because they don't think he's smart enough for the gig? (Except that the Lions just hired Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy.)

:rolleyes: I hate all of this. Bienemy should have been hired a year ago.

staylor26
01-21-2021, 01:13 PM
Guys, EB is going to get the Texans job. Just be patient.

The Franchise
01-21-2021, 01:14 PM
Because they don't think he's smart enough for the gig? (Except that the Lions just hired Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy.)

:rolleyes: I hate all of this. Bienemy should have been hired a year ago.

That fucking Drax line killed me. LMAO

dirk digler
01-21-2021, 01:24 PM
Guys, EB is going to get the Texans job. Just be patient.

Yeah I am thinking so as well.

Sassy Squatch
01-21-2021, 01:25 PM
LMAO Bet it's McDaniels. He's already assembling a staff.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-21-2021, 01:27 PM
Honestly this makes sense

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At this point I gotta think Eric Bieniemy has a coach-in-waiting agreement with Andy/Chiefs</p>&mdash; Spencer Paysinger (@PYSNGR) <a href="https://twitter.com/PYSNGR/status/1352335595431858181?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Direckshun
01-21-2021, 01:31 PM
Except Mahomes probably took that 10-year deal with an under-the-table promise from Reid that he'll coach out the contract.

Reid is not going anywhere for a very long time. He may honestly pass Don Shula if he averages 12 wins/year over Mahomes' contract, and Mahomes already gave him 14 wins in year 1.

Sassy Squatch
01-21-2021, 01:33 PM
No. Bieniemy just isn't as desirable a candidate as the media wants you to believe. He's the Lamar Jackson of coaching candidates.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-21-2021, 01:34 PM
No. Bieniemy just isn't as desirable a candidate as the media wants you to believe. He's the Lamar Jackson of coaching candidates.

This has gotta be the worst take ever from you

The Franchise
01-21-2021, 01:36 PM
Honestly this makes sense

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At this point I gotta think Eric Bieniemy has a coach-in-waiting agreement with Andy/Chiefs</p>&mdash; Spencer Paysinger (@PYSNGR) <a href="https://twitter.com/PYSNGR/status/1352335595431858181?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No it doesn’t.

Sassy Squatch
01-21-2021, 01:37 PM
This has gotta be the worst take ever from you
How so? They're certainly talented enough and qualified for their respective jobs but the media places them on a pedestal because of their complexion.

mkp785
01-21-2021, 01:38 PM

*The media and Mahomes.

Our QB seems to love Bieniemy and is constantly saying how much he's helped him get to where he is currently.

It's amazing that I see so many of you guys hating on a Chief. You should want him to get hired for no other reason that we get picks for it. But go ahead and stay bitter and constantly shit on one of our guys.

Gary Cooper
01-21-2021, 01:40 PM
*The media and Mahomes.

Our QB seems to love Bieniemy and is constantly saying how much he's helped him get to where he is currently.

It's amazing that I see so many of you guys hating on a Chief. You should want him to get hired for no other reason that we get picks for it. But go ahead and stay bitter and constantly shit on one of our guys.

But these other candidates are also getting praised from players who they coached. Either if they were coordinators and/or positional coaches before then.

DaneMcCloud
01-21-2021, 01:41 PM
*The media and Mahomes.

Bieniemy has interviewed with more than a dozen teams in the past year, all of which have passed on him to hire younger and less impressive coaches, at least in terms of accomplishments.

No one on CP is rooting against another team hiring Bieniemy but it's certainly looking like he's not going to nab a head coaching gig this year, unless the dumpster fire knowns as the Texans make him an offer.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2021, 01:43 PM
Sirianni is an interesting hire.

The owners luv them some white man!

staylor26
01-21-2021, 01:45 PM
Bieniemy has interviewed with more than a dozen teams in the past year, all of which have passed on him to hire younger and less impressive coaches, at least in terms of accomplishments.

No one on CP is rooting against another team hiring Bieniemy but it's certainly looking like he's not going to nab a head coaching gig this year, unless the dumpster fire knowns as the Texans make him an offer.

All signs point to him being the Texans HC.

If it were going to be anybody else, it would likely be done by now. There are only 2 candidates left in the playoffs, so unless it’s Frazier, which seems unlikely, it’s going to be EB.

There’s a reason things have gotten quiet ever since their interview with him and a report came out saying Kafka was staying (even though he was a candidate for the Seahawks OC position that hasn’t been filled yet).

chiefzilla1501
01-21-2021, 01:48 PM
LMAO Bet it's McDaniels. He's already assembling a staff.

That would be hilarious. There would be a mutiny in Houston. If there was ever one move they should absolutely not make this is the one.

RealSNR
01-21-2021, 01:49 PM
Philly just hired Colts Oline coach. Patriot scum in Boston stays there for now.

Wut? Sirianni has never been an OL coach, assistant or otherwise.

DaneMcCloud
01-21-2021, 01:50 PM

For his sake, I hope so.

That said, Cal McNair is definitely among the worst NFL owners, so if Bieniemy takes the job, it's going to be a very bumpy ride with little chance of success considering their salary cap, lack of draft choices and lack of offensive weapons for Watson.

frozenchief
01-21-2021, 01:51 PM

I would not say he's the Lamar Jackson but I think he's hampered by a few things.

1. He was head coach at CU and that turned out very poorly. Having a poor start at one place, becoming a coordinator and then having a go again has worked for some coaches. Nick Saban certainly did not impress when he was at Miami but he's done really well at Alabama. So it happens. But I've read more than one article about Bienemy reference his time at CU as a potential drawback.

2. There's a belief that coordinators in Reid's system, particularly OCs, do not call their own plays. EB has said he calls some plays and Reid calls some plays and apparently Mahomes calls/suggests some plays (see "wasp"). Is that a legitimate knock? Probably not, but that rumor is out there.

3. I have also heard that Bienemy has not interviewed well. I have no idea what that means, but that rumor is out there. I wonder if the interviews could be affected by Bienemy being distracted because he is in the playoffs (see below) or chemistry with interviewers or something else. I don't know.

4. The last 3 years, KC has been in the AFCCG, which means that EB has been focusing on game plans. He had to get a dispensation from the NFL to interview with the Texans. I would expect that if a team is interested in a candidate, they speak to the candidate more than once. EB's availability as a playoff coach would be a problem. Amy Trask recently wrote in the Athletic that the NFL would do well to move the start of the NFL back about 4 weeks that would better allow coordinators and other potential candidates from playoff teams to interview.

My guess is that these four factors combine to put EB at a disadvantage in interviews and thus affect his being hired.

staylor26
01-21-2021, 01:51 PM
For his sake, I hope so.

That said, Cal McNair is definitely among the worst NFL owners, so if Bieniemy takes the job, it's going to be a very bumpy ride with little chance of success, considering their salary cap, lack of draft choices and lack of offensive weapons for Watson.

Yea it’s not a great situation by any means, but as long as it makes Watson happy, he has a shot.

I just want those comp picks and to keep Kafka around....

RunKC
01-21-2021, 01:52 PM

If it were going to be anybody else, it would likely be done by now. There are only 2 candidates left in the playoffs, so unless it’s Frazier, which seems unlikely, it’s going to be EB.

There’s a reason things have gotten quiet ever since their interview with him and a report came out saying Kafka was staying (even though he was a candidate for the Seahawks OC position that hasn’t been filled yet).

God I hope not. Can you imagine working with Patriot fucks trying to make that roster the Patriot way? And you know for damn sure they won’t listen to anyone else that’s not a Patriot mouthpiece.

I can’t see EB going there. It would be a sympathy hire only to try to keep Watson.

Sassy Squatch
01-21-2021, 01:54 PM
*The media and Mahomes.

Good grief, the point I was making isn't that he's undeserving, it's that the media has over hyped him to a ridiculous degree and set some unrealistic expectations. Most had him pegged as the #1 overall candidate going into this hiring cycle which clearly just wasn't the case

staylor26
01-21-2021, 01:54 PM
God I hope not. Can you imagine working with Patriot fucks trying to make that roster the Patriot way? And you know for damn sure they won’t listen to anyone else that’s not a Patriot mouthpiece.

I can’t see EB going there. It would be a sympathy hire only to try to keep Watson.

Reports are that EB wants partial personnel control. I don’t think he’s taking the job to sit back and not have any say in personnel.

wazu
01-21-2021, 01:56 PM
EB interviewing for a job.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rG6w0IAoT4U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sassy Squatch
01-21-2021, 01:59 PM
EB interviewing for a job.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rG6w0IAoT4U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I just can't believe that "interviewed poorly" shit anymore after the Lions hired a literal mongoloid as their head coach.

mkp785
01-21-2021, 02:00 PM

He has issues. I agree there. I get what happened at CU was terrible, but the HC imo should bare the cross for that-not EB. As to the thing with the parking lot girl (I think that's what it was), I've seen much worse in the NFL.

If he is really interviewing that badly then he needs to fire his agent immediately. Any smart agent would be calling these teams and asking "what did he do that's wrong and how can he improve?" If he still is bumbling interviews, there's a ton of companies that can help him get through it as well. Not even mentioning that Andy and Veach would help him smooth out any rough spots.

I don't think it's a color thing (at least I hope not) but as great as Andy is, I don't think EB is just sitting around 1 Arrowhead playing Madden or NBA2k all day either. He's a important part of this offense and as such can be a huge pick-up for another team.

As to the Texans, ya that job isn't exactly the best but there's only 32 available and if he talks Watson into staying-it gets exceedingly better.

UChieffyBugger
01-21-2021, 02:05 PM
Lol so another non black assistant WHO DOESN'T CALL PLAYS got a hc job in the nfl? What a surprise :D . And has anyone seen Dan Campbell's press conference for the Lions? Lol it was a complete joke and yet that man got a job ahead of EB!!!..and for SIX YEARS!!..It's pathetic.

mkp785
01-21-2021, 02:05 PM
Wut? Sirianni has never been an OL coach, assistant or otherwise.

Yeah, that was a mistake. I should've put OC, was gonna delete it but just figured I'd wait till someone called me out on that.

Sassy Squatch
01-21-2021, 02:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another great line from Dan Campbell: When you come in here, you&#39;re going to get beat up. I&#39;m talking about the team. Not the city. Tourists are welcome.</p>&mdash; Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) <a href="https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1352304412778254340?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMAO Someone earlier said the Lions hired Drax as head coach and it's scarily accurate.

KChiefs1
01-21-2021, 02:17 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another great line from Dan Campbell: When you come in here, you&#39;re going to get beat up. I&#39;m talking about the team. Not the city. Tourists are welcome.</p>&mdash; Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) <a href="https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1352304412778254340?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMAO Someone earlier said the Lions hired Drax as head coach and it's scarily accurate.

:clap:

Sassy Squatch
01-21-2021, 02:45 PM
Maybe his agents are incompetent buffoons. Remember this tweet?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On MLK Day...the <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFL</a> should be ashamed that...at this point with only 2 jobs remaining (one after Eagles hire JM) ... zero black coach hires or even 2nd interviews. No coaches coaching in conference championship games are currently connected to either of these 2 jobs.</p>&mdash; Goal Line Football (@GoalineFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoalineFootball/status/1351151718294319105?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IIRC, Bieniemy never ended up interviewing with the Eagles despite their interest, and they hired Nick Sirianni today.

Dunerdr
01-21-2021, 02:52 PM
Maybe his agents are incompetent buffoons. Remember this tweet?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On MLK Day...the <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFL</a> should be ashamed that...at this point with only 2 jobs remaining (one after Eagles hire JM) ... zero black coach hires or even 2nd interviews. No coaches coaching in conference championship games are currently connected to either of these 2 jobs.</p>&mdash; Goal Line Football (@GoalineFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoalineFootball/status/1351151718294319105?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IIRC, Bieniemy never ended up interviewing with the Eagles despite their interest, and they hired Nick Sirianni today.

I would assume the Eagles are trying to get away from the Reid tree now so it makes sense.