PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mephistopheles Janx
12-30-2020, 02:37 AM
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city-chiefs/eric-bieniemy-texans-pro-football-network-report/?fbclid=IwAR21TlyjAfnKSQDLvuO9ZnaO5XPRubvAHPMQ7iDUb5WHE5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-30-2020, 02:51 AM
This is so much of fake news

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-30-2020, 02:54 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Idk if Eric Bieniemy calls the plays” <a href="https://t.co/FOGjnZktcp">pic.twitter.com/FOGjnZktcp</a></p>&mdash; Steven Padillas (@DynastyPad) <a href="https://twitter.com/DynastyPad/status/1343941855294197760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Clyde Frog
12-30-2020, 02:58 AM
Bullshit narrative. Selfishly, I hope he stays in KC for a long time and gets paid what he's worth when he's here.

Buehler445
12-30-2020, 03:11 AM
I’ve recklessly speculated that it’s at least possible he’s a rough interview.

Not that I know shit but interviews aren’t for “no-nonsense” folks.

Which is why Cheatriot fuckbags continue to get jobs.

Deberg_1990
12-30-2020, 03:13 AM
They said the same things about Nagy and Pederson

BigRock
12-30-2020, 05:11 AM
Ben Allbright is a knob at a Denver radio station who acts like a league insider. He's been trashing Bieniemy's HC chances for a while despite nobody of any credibility saying anything of the sort.

arrowheadnation
12-30-2020, 05:25 AM
Bienemy has admitted in interviews before that Andy calls the plays. Big woop. All he has to do is mimic what Andy taught him and get a good/proven d-coordinator. He can't be any worse than some of the slaps that have gotten HC jobs over the past few years.

notorious
12-30-2020, 05:31 AM
I would be cautious, too.

How many OCs that had elite QBs on their previous teams ended up being good head coaches?

The trend isn’t helping Coach Bienemy at all.

Abba-Dabba
12-30-2020, 05:54 AM
Don't care what some rando's think of Coach Bieniemy.

He is part of the successful formula in KC. I'd be more than happy to see that continue.

Danguardace
12-30-2020, 06:17 AM
EB Deserves same chance that others got from Reid tree and same chance all the Belicheat guys got

Chargem
12-30-2020, 06:24 AM
Happy if he stays, happy if they get 3rd round comp picks for him. Win win

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-30-2020, 06:25 AM
Maybe Andy lets Eric HC Sunday. Pretty sure he let someone else HC the last game when he first got here.

ChiTown
12-30-2020, 06:40 AM
Love EB’s energy and I think the players love him as well. That said, I don’t think it matters much who holds the Title of OC for the Chiefs as long as AR is the HC.

I hope EB gets his HC shot this year, but it sounds like he’s going to have to sharpen those interview skills.

Chargem
12-30-2020, 07:17 AM
Maybe Andy lets Eric HC Sunday. Pretty sure he let someone else HC the last game when he first got here.

Andy will just say at a presser this week that EB has called plays for the offense this year.

RedRaider56
12-30-2020, 07:19 AM
USA Today had a great article today that highlights all the reasons EB SHOULD be considered for a HC opportunity
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2020/12/30/eric-bieniemy-tries-beat-trend-lack-nfl-black-coaching-picks/4022532001/

Dunerdr
12-30-2020, 07:20 AM
I speculated that maybe he was a poor interviewer and got trashed last season. And i still believe that he may be being hurt by Nagy and Pederson as much as whether or not he calls plays or not. The wheels are falling off ofr Pederson without elite talent, and Nagy had one flash in the pan season and can only seem to temporarily right the ship when he changes qbs for a week or two. Teams may see that and think the magic is mostly big Andy and be nervous about turning the keys to a franchise thats already in dismay over.

MahomesMagic
12-30-2020, 07:23 AM
I think Houston hires him.

Dunerdr
12-30-2020, 07:39 AM
I think Houston hires him.

God, if i was him id need minimum 5 year contract and locked into it pretty good. That franchise has a long road ahead with so few quality picks.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-30-2020, 07:45 AM
Andy will just say at a presser this week that EB has called plays for the offense this year.

The 1 time shot could backfire. I think Childress did it with nothing to lose

DRM08
12-30-2020, 07:54 AM
He can’t be any worse than guys like Adam Gase or Matt Patricia.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-30-2020, 08:10 AM
God, if i was him id need minimum 5 year contract and locked into it pretty good. That franchise has a long road ahead with so few quality picks.

They have a damn good QB though and that's half the battle for a new HC

RaidersOftheCellar
12-30-2020, 08:12 AM
How do we know he doesn’t call the plays that everybody bitches about?

wazu
12-30-2020, 08:17 AM
Probably not a great look if Kafka gets a head coaching job and Bienemy doesn’t.

MahomesMagic
12-30-2020, 08:19 AM

They have Watson. That's a pretty important piece of the puzzle.

Marcellus
12-30-2020, 08:30 AM

True but he may not interview well at all.

Its an interesting story because frankly outside of the locker-room and meeting rooms who knows how qualified Bienemy really is? He may interview like shit. OC may be his ceiling. :shrug:

Players are notoriously bad evaluators of coaches historically. Romeo Crennel is absolutely loved by his players for example, so was Gunther Cunningham.

The Peter Principle States if you continue to get promoted eventually almost everyone is promoted past their capabilities. We see this all the time in the NFL.

Jerok
12-30-2020, 08:31 AM
Yeah coaches have built quality teams for years and gotten fired because they have Dwayne Haskins for QB. Having a top QB already under contract is huge, give any coach 3 or 4 years and they can rebuild that roster, but as a new coach you'd want at least that much time with such few draft capital. Start a firesale this offseason starting with JJ Watt.

PAChiefsGuy
12-30-2020, 08:49 AM
Doesn't matter all it takes is one team to be interested and he is gone.

Jerok
12-30-2020, 08:51 AM
I just want those 2 3rd round picks when he leaves!

In58men
12-30-2020, 08:53 AM
When did Heavy and USAToday become a sports source?

DRM08
12-30-2020, 08:54 AM

Its an interesting story because frankly outside of the locker-room and meeting rooms who knows how qualified Bienemy really is? He may interview like shit. OC may be his ceiling. :shrug:

Players are notoriously bad evaluators of coaches historically. Romeo Crennel is absolutely loved by his players for example, so was Gunther Cunningham.

The Peter Principle States if you continue to get promoted eventually almost everyone is promoted past their capabilities. We see this all the time in the NFL.

That’s all true. But I think the Jets or Lions would be in better shape with Coach EB than they have been with Gase & Patricia.

Red Dawg
12-30-2020, 09:10 AM
Meanwhile Adam Gase the fucking moron has has two jobs and failed twice.

MahomesMagic
12-30-2020, 09:28 AM

And plenty of coaches are "great interviewers" but suck at the job. Interviewing well is like running a great presidential campaign, needed to get in but no guarantee you get anything done when you're in.

OKchiefs
12-30-2020, 09:31 AM
Ben Allbright is a knob at a Denver radio station who acts like a league insider. He's been trashing Bieniemy's HC chances for a while despite nobody of any credibility saying anything of the sort.

Came here to say this. As soon as I saw the name I knew this would be bullshit.

RunKC
12-30-2020, 09:31 AM
I speculated that maybe he was a poor interviewer and got trashed last season. And i still believe that he may be being hurt by Nagy and Pederson as much as whether or not he calls plays or not. The wheels are falling off ofr Pederson without elite talent, and Nagy had one flash in the pan season and can only seem to temporarily right the ship when he changes qbs for a week or two. Teams may see that and think the magic is mostly big Andy and be nervous about turning the keys to a franchise thats already in dismay over.

Matt Nagy is so much better than people give him credit for. The guy was hired into a job forcing him to have Mitch Trubisky as his QB and in 3 years he hasn’t had a losing season. Did I mention that Nagy has to compete against Aaron Rodgers twice a season as well?

Some of you guys forget that Andy had one measly playoff win over Brian Hoyer in 9 seasons time between McNabb being old and washed to Patrick Mahomes first season. It’s HARD winning without a QB guys.

I can only pray that Matt Nagy is Andy’s replacement one day bc if he’s pulling off winning seasons every year with absolute garbage at QB in the same division as Rodgers, then there’s no doubt that his ceiling with Patrick and Veach is easily 11 wins as a floor.

CoMoChief
12-30-2020, 09:45 AM
Ok...so have him stay in KC longer, gives Mahomes/offense some continuity. Shit I don't care.

I don't fall into the "Oh he's black he has to get a HC gig soon!" crowd.

Not saying he doesn't deserve a HC job. Maybe he does. Tbh we don't really know what happens during his interviews and why he's not been chosen as a HC somewhere, I just don't think it's because he's black.

A lot of what this person said is true. Reid designs most if not all of the playbook. I'm sure EB does some play designing etc, but most of that falls on Reid, EB is just mostly a translator in the headset.

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 09:47 AM
Ok...so have him stay in KC longer, gives Mahomes/offense some continuity. Shit I don't care.

Not saying he doesn't deserve a HC job. Maybe he does. Tbh we don't really know what happens during his interviews and why he's not been chosen as a HC somewhere, I just don't think it's because he's black.

A lot of what this person said is true. Reid designs most if not all of the playbook. I'm sure EB does some play designing etc, but most of that falls on Reid, EB is just mostly a translator in the headset.

Pretty much how I feel about it.

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 09:48 AM

Yep.

notorious
12-30-2020, 09:57 AM
Put yourself in the other teams' shoes.

You are looking to hire a person to run your business. One guy works with the best owner in the NFL, and the CEO is also the best. They have top talent from top to bottom in the company.

It sounds enticing, but your company is a pile of shit, and you need someone who can succeed without being surrounded by the best of the best all the time.

You don't know if he's been key to the company's success, or if he is just a placeholder in which the owner and CEO carry the weight and the prospect is just a guy that nods his head in meetings. If he ever makes a decision and it's bad the great CEO and owner can fix it just because they are amazing.

Now, taking a chance on EB is better than reshitting turds like Gase, but it's still not an easy decision.

FAX
12-30-2020, 09:59 AM
I will say this ... EB gives us the potential to have an opportunity to have a chance at an opportunity ... and, also, too, he comes in every day and works hard.

Meanwhile ...

Since I don't have any influence on the decision, I'd like to see EB get a head coaching job so we can see what Kafka has to offer in the OC spot.

A fresh voice is a good thing from time to time.

FAX

OKchiefs
12-30-2020, 09:59 AM
The NFL is going to get dragged through the mud if he doesn’t finally get a shot.

wazu
12-30-2020, 10:02 AM

You are looking to hire a person to run your business. One guy works with the best owner in the NFL, and the CEO is also the best. They have top talent from top to bottom in the company.

It sounds enticing, but your company is a pile of shit, and you need someone who can succeed without being surrounded by the best of the best all the time.

You don't know if he's been key to the company's success, or if he is just a placeholder in which the owner and CEO carry the weight and the prospect is just a guy that nods his head in meetings. If he ever makes a decision and it's bad the great CEO and owner can fix it just because they are amazing.

Now, taking a chance on EB is better than reshitting turds like Gase, but it's still not an easy decision.

Okay, but how often do we see new head coaching prospects get hired out of dumpster fire organizations? Seems like usually they come from successful teams. I think you have a good point and it explains so many bad Patriot assistants getting hired all the time, but why would this be the one instance ever that teams suddenly take pause?

notorious
12-30-2020, 10:06 AM
Okay, but how often do we see new head coaching prospects get hired out of dumpster fire organizations? Seems like usually they come from successful teams. I think you have a good point and it explains so many bad Patriot assistants getting hired all the time, but why would this be the one instance ever that teams suddenly take pause?

Well, I don't expect teams to finally smarten up. There will always be fucktard owners and GMs.

EB is worth a shot, but I think owners see a guy that's been carried to his success.

Deberg_1990
12-30-2020, 10:08 AM
The NFL is going to get dragged through the mud if he doesn’t finally get a shot.

Yep. Especially if guys like Kafka get hired before him.

OKchiefs
12-30-2020, 10:16 AM
Yep. Especially if guys like Kafka get hired before him.

There's also a possibility Anthony Lynn gets fired in LA, leaving one fewer African American head coach. I personally see nothing different from Bienemy than I saw from Nagy or Pederson, and I don't believe there was ever a huge push for them to get head coaching jobs by the media the way there is for Bienemy. It's pretty clear why people are pushing for Bienemy, but it is what it is. If he gets passed up we won't hear the end of it all offseason.

As others have mentioned, jackasses like Gase and Patricia have gotten jobs, someone just needs to bite the bullet and give Bienemy a chance.

TEX
12-30-2020, 10:17 AM
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city-chiefs/eric-bieniemy-texans-pro-football-network-report/?fbclid=IwAR21TlyjAfnKSQDLvuO9ZnaO5XPRubvAHPMQ7iDUb5WHE5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Fine with me. EB can stay in KC as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 10:20 AM

Well, a lot of the castoffs actually coordinated their own offense or defense. It’s true some of them haven’t but that’s usually a red flag. EB doesn’t actually have full coordinator responsibility.

Also, he has some personal baggage.

Chief Northman
12-30-2020, 10:23 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Idk if Eric Bieniemy calls the plays” <a href="https://t.co/FOGjnZktcp">pic.twitter.com/FOGjnZktcp</a></p>&mdash; Steven Padillas (@DynastyPad) <a href="https://twitter.com/DynastyPad/status/1343941855294197760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You obviously have no clue how playcalling works.

Reid controls it all. Eric sends it in.

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 10:25 AM

EB calls plays. Just not all of them.

DRM08
12-30-2020, 10:29 AM
Matt Nagy is so much better than people give him credit for. The guy was hired into a job forcing him to have Mitch Trubisky as his QB and in 3 years he hasn’t had a losing season. Did I mention that Nagy has to compete against Aaron Rodgers twice a season as well?

Some of you guys forget that Andy had one measly playoff win over Brian Hoyer in 9 seasons time between McNabb being old and washed to Patrick Mahomes first season. It’s HARD winning without a QB guys.

I can only pray that Matt Nagy is Andy’s replacement one day bc if he’s pulling off winning seasons every year with absolute garbage at QB in the same division as Rodgers, then there’s no doubt that his ceiling with Patrick and Veach is easily 11 wins as a floor.

I’ll say this for Nagy. Pretty sure he has great chemistry with Mahomes. On draft night, it was Nagy who called him. Sounded like they got along very well with each other in the video clip posted by the Chiefs. Nagy was also part of the critical first year of developing Mahomes in 2017. They could do much worse than Nagy when it comes time to replace Reid.

wazu
12-30-2020, 10:34 AM
I kinda wish I owned an NFL franchise just so I could call EB in for an interview and grill him for 2 hours on why he keeps letting Wylie play.

RunKC
12-30-2020, 10:34 AM

This was literally Andy Reid when he became a HC. He was working under Holmgren with Favre as his QB. They were an elite franchise. Didn’t matter then did it?

Josh ****ing McDaniels was under Belichick and Brady and got a job in Denver. What’s worse is the mother****er CHEATED in Denver, got caught and still got offered a job in Indy before he turned it down.

JFC even Urban Meyer is being rumored as a front runner for the Jags job. Why in the ungodly **** is that mother****er even considered for that job with no hesitations or media slander after all the bullshit he’s done? What about his lack of experience in the pro game?

Then you have inexperienced cock suckers like Zac Taylor who had next to no experience in the league and he gets hired bc he jerked off Sean McVay in LA?

This isn’t directed at you but honestly this bullshit is getting old and tired. All these folks listed above didn’t get any scrutiny but EB is. And did you notice that Kafka is getting HC looks per Schefter? Yet we don’t hear about this stuff with him.

It’s complete and utter bullshit

MahomesMagic
12-30-2020, 10:38 AM
I’ll say this for Nagy. Pretty sure he has great chemistry with Mahomes. On draft night, it was Nagy who called him. Sounded like they got along very well with each other in the video clip posted by the Chiefs. Nagy was also part of the critical first year of developing Mahomes in 2017. They could do much worse than Nagy when it comes time to replace Reid.

Nagy has some good qualities. The one thing he is lacking is ability to adjust his system to his QB. He has had Trubisky all this time and he's been trying to make Trubisky do things he can't do.

Now that he let Bill Lazor call the plays Trubisky has been completing 72%+ passes over his last 4 games and looks like a different QB.

Easy 6
12-30-2020, 10:39 AM
I just want those 2 3rd round picks when he leaves!

I thought it was just one, but yeah thats where I'm at as well

When did Heavy and USAToday become a sports source?

Chiefs Wire is a USAT product, and they do a pretty good job covering KC

Hammock Parties
12-30-2020, 10:46 AM
Benjamin Allbright? LMAO

That guy is a jackass. Who hates the Chiefs. And thinks Elway is a good GM.

MahomesMagic
12-30-2020, 10:47 AM

Reid himself disputes that.

I do think Reid is more responsible and this is his offense but I all do believe Andy that Eric is calling plays as well.

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 10:47 AM
Al Saunders was in the league for years and coached under everybody from Coryell to Vermeil and never got a HC despite the opportunities. Why? Because he was infamously an asshole that nobody could get along with the more say he had.

EB is not without his own issues, particularly the stuff that happened at CU.

RealSNR
12-30-2020, 10:52 AM
This was literally Andy Reid when he became a HC. He was working under Holmgren with Favre as his QB. They were an elite franchise. Didn’t matter then did it?

This.

I've been saying this and shouting this for the past year now.

Playcalling experience. Doesn't. Fucking. Matter. What's the fucking big deal with it? It doesn't matter how long or complicated your playbook is, because if you know it and your players know it, you can call the fucking plays. That part of the job isn't fucking hard, and it's like .5% of what makes a successful head coach.

Play designing matters. Teaching and coaching the plays matters. Leading your players and coaches matters. Changing their lives for the better matters. Knowing how best to use each player's strengths and weaknesses matters.

Playcalling? For fuck's sake, we're getting hung up about fucking playcalling?

Doug Pederson has won a fucking Super Bowl and had like half a season of playcalling experience. And of course, the example RunKC provided.

Fuck this. I'm going to become an NFL owner and ONLY hire offensive coordinators who have never called plays before.

ChiefsCountry
12-30-2020, 11:01 AM
Al Saunders was in the league for years and coached under everybody from Coryell to Vermeil and never got a HC despite the opportunities. Why? Because he was infamously an asshole that nobody could get along with the more say he had.

EB is not without his own issues, particularly the stuff that happened at CU.

Saunders was head coach for a short time in San Diego in the mid 80s but he never got to be one again.

Not getting the Colorado job when you are legend, would be a major red flag in my book. But the media would rather play the race card game.

Deberg_1990
12-30-2020, 11:03 AM
This.

Playcalling experience. Doesn't. ****ing. Matter. What's the ****ing big deal with it? It doesn't matter how long or complicated your playbook is, because if you know it and your players know it, you can call the ****ing plays. That part of the job isn't ****ing hard, and it's like .5% of what makes a successful head coach.

Play designing matters. Teaching and coaching the plays matters. Leading your players and coaches matters. Changing their lives for the better matters. Knowing how best to use each player's strengths and weaknesses matters.

Playcalling? For ****'s sake, we're getting hung up about ****ing playcalling?

Doug Pederson has won a ****ing Super Bowl and had like half a season of playcalling experience. And of course, the example RunKC provided.

**** this. I'm going to become an NFL owner and ONLY hire offensive coordinators who have never called plays before.

John Harbaugh was only a special teams coach in the NFL before he became a head coach.

So yes, your right.

In58men
12-30-2020, 11:05 AM
This.

Playcalling experience. Doesn't. ****ing. Matter. What's the ****ing big deal with it? It doesn't matter how long or complicated your playbook is, because if you know it and your players know it, you can call the ****ing plays. That part of the job isn't ****ing hard, and it's like .5% of what makes a successful head coach.

Playcalling? For ****'s sake, we're getting hung up about ****ing playcalling?

Doug Pederson has won a ****ing Super Bowl and had like half a season of playcalling experience. And of course, the example RunKC provided.

**** this. I'm going to become an NFL owner and ONLY hire offensive coordinators who have never called plays before.

That pitch to Williams on 3rd down was a terrible play call last week.

Spott
12-30-2020, 11:12 AM

Josh ****ing McDaniels was under Belichick and Brady and got a job in Denver. What’s worse is the mother****er CHEATED in Denver, got caught and still got offered a job in Indy before he turned it down.

JFC even Urban Meyer is being rumored as a front runner for the Jags job. Why in the ungodly **** is that mother****er even considered for that job with no hesitations or media slander after all the bullshit he’s done? What about his lack of experience in the pro game?

Then you have inexperienced cock suckers like Zac Taylor who had next to no experience in the league and he gets hired bc he jerked off Sean McVay in LA?

This isn’t directed at you but honestly this bullshit is getting old and tired. All these folks listed above didn’t get any scrutiny but EB is. And did you notice that Kafka is getting HC looks per Schefter? Yet we don’t hear about this stuff with him.

It’s complete and utter bullshit

Jacksonville is a college football town first and the Jags have a habit of drafting UF/SEC players to try and get those fans interested in the NFL. All of the gator homers in the area would love if it Urban were hired as the coach.

Bowser
12-30-2020, 11:19 AM
The much ballyhooed "Patriot Way" might cause teams to second guess bringing Bieniemy in, if anything. Not a single one of those former Patriot humps has had much of any success (sustained constant success, at the very least) outside of Thomas Dimitroff, and certainly no coach this side of Romeo Crennel. They might feel Bieniemy is a beneficiary of the "Andy Reid Way" because of it, and that's fine with me. Think that of all our young up and coming coaches. Let this coaching group stay together and rape faces for the next decade, I can handle being the team the rest of the league is sick of watching win.

King_Chief_Fan
12-30-2020, 11:20 AM
Not this stuff again!

None of us are at the table during the interview and we have no idea as to what is discussed, answers given etc.

If Andy Reid quit/died or vanished tomorrow, would we be happy with EB as head coach of Chiefs?

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 11:22 AM
Saunders was head coach for a short time in San Diego in the mid 80s but he never got to be one again.

Not getting the Colorado job when you are legend, would be a major red flag in my book. But the media would rather play the race card game.

Because Saunders proved to impossible to work with during his short stint in th 80’s. That’s my point.

And yes, the CU stuff concerns a lot of people. It ended up not hurting Vance Joseph but he also wasn’t as intimately involved allegedly.

Pants
12-30-2020, 11:25 AM
I love EB and I wish him all the best, I truly do.

I also don't believe this report by a fucking Donk dumbass who is not an actual insider.

However, if EB does not get a head coaching job, do we REALLY think it's because the NFL FOs are racist? I don't buy it.

I am not saying he does this, but if EB walks into an interview and talks in empty clichés the entire time and offers no substance and has no clear plan on how to turn that interviewing franchise around, he is not going to be hired just because he is the OC for the Chiefs.

The interview is everything.

RealSNR
12-30-2020, 11:26 AM
That pitch to Williams on 3rd down was a terrible play call last week.

And the call came from a guy who's been calling his own plays as a head coach for 22 seasons.

Unless it wasn't Andy. In which case it was Bieniemy. In which case... oh, he DOES have playcalling experience.

RealSNR
12-30-2020, 11:28 AM
The much ballyhooed "Patriot Way" might cause teams to second guess bringing Bieniemy in, if anything. Not a single one of those former Patriot humps has had much of any success (sustained constant success, at the very least) outside of Thomas Dimitroff, and certainly no coach this side of Romeo Crennel. They might feel Bieniemy is a beneficiary of the "Andy Reid Way" because of it, and that's fine with me. Think that of all our young up and coming coaches. Let this coaching group stay together and rape faces for the next decade, I can handle being the team the rest of the league is sick of watching win.

Two Andy Reid Way coaches have won Super Bowls.

Only one Patriot Way head coach (O'Brien) has even won a fucking playoff game. And that guy singlehandedly tanked a franchise.

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 11:28 AM
Two Andy Reid Way coaches have won Super Bowls.

Only one Patriot Way head coach (O'Brien) has even won a fucking playoff game. And that guy singlehandedly tanked a franchise.

I was gonna say...

Buehler445
12-30-2020, 11:30 AM

How many OCs that had elite QBs on their previous teams ended up being good head coaches?

You know, I'm guessing there is not any higher of failure rate than anyone else.

Pedersen won the Bowl.

Nagy got fucked by a kicker to not go to the NFCCG after the bears being a dumpster fire.

Shanarat Jr. Went to the Bowl.

McVeigh went to the Bowl.

McDermott is an AFC Favorite for the FUCKING BILLS.

Sefanski has the BROWNS relevant. (But they might fuck it off, so I'm open to pushback here)

LeFlour has the Packers with a first round bye (I think they clinched?)

Gruden won a Bowl (Fuck the Faid. I'll take this one off)

Sean Payton won a Bowl and is relevant consistently.

Bottom line is it's pretty hard to be an NFL coach and there is a lot of failure. From everywhere.

Bottom line is there are a TON of things that can derail a franchise, so it's not like, I need to get to work, all I need to do is buy a car.

Brody Wa
12-30-2020, 11:42 AM
Will BE take any of the current key members of the Chiefs current staff? If not, I’m happy with a 3rd round draft pick...especially with Veach as our GM.

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2020, 12:34 PM

That's complete speculation. His time in Colorado was not good.

notorious
12-30-2020, 12:36 PM
That's complete speculation. His time in Colorado was not good.

I’m coming into this oblivious of his time in Boulder. What did he do?

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2020, 12:41 PM
Because Saunders proved to impossible to work with during his short stint in th 80’s. That’s my point.

And yes, the CU stuff concerns a lot of people. It ended up not hurting Vance Joseph but he also wasn’t as intimately involved allegedly.

Vance Joseph actually coordinated a good defense before taking the Broncos job, which may or may not be an indicator of his head coaching abilities because he was given a shit roster and a shit QB.

I've heard his name bandied about in the past couple of weeks because if not for Arizona's defense, that team would be 4-11 instead of 8-7.

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 12:45 PM

Multiple traffic issues, DUI, Recruiting violations, rape allegations (against players, not EB), money, etc.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/6/18169793/bengals-coach-search-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-vance-joseph-broncos

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2020, 01:08 PM

Multiple traffic issues, DUI, Recruiting violations, rape allegations (against players, not EB), money, etc.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/6/18169793/bengals-coach-search-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-vance-joseph-broncos

Not to mention, a 3-10 season followed by a 1-11 season.

Their offenses were awful, too.

bdj23
12-30-2020, 01:11 PM
Article reeks of shit falling off a wall.

KChiefs1
12-30-2020, 01:15 PM
Sounds like someone doesn't want the Chiefs to get that 3rd round pick.

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2020, 01:17 PM
Some guys just don't interview well. They get nervous, lose their train of thought, sweat, etc. They can't speak well under pressure and allow their fear and anxiety to take over.

That said, I'd be surprised if that was Bieniemy's issue because the guy has played on some of the biggest stages in all of college football and the NFL. Panic and anxiety would be a death knell for an offensive coordinator, let alone, a head coach in the NFL or high collegiate level, so I doubt that's his issue.

If he didn't interview well, I would tend to think that it's because he wasn't prepared and didn't have an overall plan in place in which to lead whichever team he's interviewing for out their doldrums. But even that seems like a stretch because everyone has repeatedly stated that he's always prepared.

So either everyone is covering for him, pushing for him to get a HC gig or he's just not a good interviewer. I guess time will tell.

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2020, 01:21 PM
Sounds like someone doesn't want the Chiefs to get that 3rd round pick.

50% of all NFL draft picks, regardless of the round taken, are out of the league within three years, while 50% of 1st rounders bust completely.

People over-value NFL draft picks every single day of every single year and I doubt that most fans can even name their favorite team's 3rd round pick from 3 years ago.

The NFL Draft is a Lottery and while it's nice to have a few extra tickets, it's absolutely no guarantee of success.

Having two 3rd round draft choices is apropos of nothing.

tk13
12-30-2020, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if the CU stuff hurts him a little bit, that kind of goes unspoken.

The biggest issue is the NFL isn't afraid to take multiple shots on guys like Adam Gase, or anyone who's been in the same room as Belichick or Sean McVay, even though very few of them have had success. Why do some of these guys deserve second or third chances and EB doesn't? He's older now, hopefully wiser, and he's spent most of this decade learning under one of the best coaches at turning out future head coaches.

Scott Pioli's tenure here was a disaster of catastrophic proportions on the field and off the field, yet he can still get work. But it's true there are some guys like Al Saunders who could just never get a job because of his attitude.

alanm
12-30-2020, 01:44 PM
How do we know he doesn’t call the plays that everybody bitches about?EB has imput but it has always been Andy calling the plays. And I hope he stays. I'd sure as hell wouldn't want the Jets or Lions job. Jacksonville would be a different story.

tredadda
12-30-2020, 02:32 PM

Doubt the performance of Pederson or Nagy has anything to do with it. Look at all the disciples of Belichick who get hired in spite of the track record of abject failure.

kcclone
12-30-2020, 02:45 PM
At the end of of the day there are very few “no-brainer” HC candidates. Job openings significantly exceed the number of sure-bet hires. We were super lucky to get one in Andy, but the vast majority of hires are lottery tickets like Bienemy.

With guys like Bienemy and most other hires, you won’t know if they can do it until they get the chance.

Chris Meck
12-30-2020, 02:47 PM

yeah. I just see a bunch of not-that-big-a-deal there.

1)Damned near everyone who reads this post could've had multiple DUI's.

2)recruiting violations are pretty common at a lot of programs; and a lot of the 'violations' are weird arbitrary lines that don't make much functional sense.

3)rape allegations against players-man, at Div 1 schools, recruiting is the main if not only thing. If you took on only choirboys you'd never win. I don't think it's fair to hold Bienemy accountable for having some 18 or 19 year old kids' off-field behavior. Go talk to people in and around the more successful programs and this stuff happens all the time; with the more powerful programs it just gets swept under the rug. I'm not saying it should be; just that it is. Besides, it's the NFL. Rothlisberger still has a job. That argument just doesn't fly.

Chris Meck
12-30-2020, 02:48 PM
At the end of of the day there are very few “no-brainer” HC candidates. Job openings significantly exceed the number of sure-bet hires. We were super fortunate to get one in Andy, but the vast majority of hires are guys lottery tickets like Bienemy.

With guys like Bienemy and most other hires, you won’t know if they can do it until they get the chance.

Most of this board was up in arms when Clark hired Andy. Huge mistake. Huge.

tredadda
12-30-2020, 02:51 PM
HCs are like draft picks. You hope they pan out but a good number do not. I would rather take a chance on EB who has yet to have HC gig than someone who has already been a HC before and failed.

RealSNR
12-30-2020, 02:55 PM
Bieniemy DID call our star QB a prick! That wasn't a nice thing to say! Maybe teams don't want mean people as head coaches

J Diddy
12-30-2020, 03:37 PM
Bieniemy DID call our star QB a prick! That wasn't a nice thing to say! Maybe teams don't want mean people as head coaches
Did he really?

Pat seems like the most un-prickish fellow I've seen.

Pants
12-30-2020, 03:42 PM
Did he really?

Pat seems like the most un-prickish fellow I've seen.

He was talking about Mahomes' competitiveness. EB said Pat is a "competitive prick." The context of the entire statement was very complimentary.

Bowser
12-30-2020, 04:53 PM
He was talking about Mahomes' competitiveness. EB said Pat is a "competitive prick." The context of the entire statement was very complimentary.

Very complimentary and very accurate, and I wouldn't have my QB any other way.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/AmdZyRNRJqSkvh79UD/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47z46xfg48v9cy3ph4155orlz0gyt3twtnx3ae8e8z&rid=giphy.gif

(credit to DTV for the gif)

Coach
12-30-2020, 05:03 PM

I would counter that, Philadelphia was 6-9-1 in 1997 and 3-13 in 1998 before Reid was hired. Once Reid was hired, he went 5-11 in his first year, then had good success.

I also would add in that the Chiefs were 7-9 in 2011 and 2-14 in 2012 before Reid was hired. Once Reid was hired, the Chiefs suddenly went 11-5. So at some point, you have to think that Reid has had discussions with his coaching staff on how things went and what his thought process was when resurrecting the Eagles and the Chiefs.

I also would consider that the Reid tree has been more successful tree than the Belichick tree. As of 2020, ten of Reid's assistants have become head coaches, seven of them made it to the playoffs as a HC, with 3 of them making it to the Super Bowl, two of them winning the Super Bowl.

Nobody in the Belichick tree has even sniffed to a Super Bowl. And I believe just 3 has so far (O'Brien, Schwartz, & Mangini) So I'm not being biased here, but I'll take my chances with Bieniemy instead of another Patriot Way Bullshit. Plus, EB would have a great resource in Reid in case EB has issues or whatever the case is.

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2020, 05:09 PM
yeah. I just see a bunch of not-that-big-a-deal there.

1)Damned near everyone who reads this post could've had multiple DUI's.

I think that multiple DUI's for a coach is a HUGE deal.

How can someone be counted on to be a "Leader of Men" if they don't even have enough common sense to call a cab or get a ride from a friend?

And not only does that display poor judgement but it's also a sign of alcoholism.

There's just absolutely no reason for a grown adult to get a DUI these days, especially multiple DUI's.

FloridaMan88
12-30-2020, 05:27 PM
EB doesn’t come across that well during his weekly press conferences... if that’s how he presents himself during his interviews maybe that is hurting his candidacy.

Granted successful HC’s such as Bill Belichick and Andy Reid are not exactly oratory masterpieces during their media obligations, but that seems more like a deliberate strategy to offer minimal information to the media.

With EB it seems like he is genuinely trying to speak with authority but it falls flat.

Oxford
12-30-2020, 05:32 PM

How dare you speak politcally-incorrect thoughts......:D
Frankly, I think a coach who can motivate players is a better fit for a franchise in the big picture than some "mad scientist" type. I think that is AR's secret, players want to play for him.

Easy 6
12-30-2020, 05:47 PM

How can someone be counted on to be a "Leader of Men" if they don't even have enough common sense to call a cab or get a ride from a friend?

And not only does that display poor judgement but it's also a sign of alcoholism.

There's just absolutely no reason for a grown adult to get a DUI these days, especially multiple DUI's.

You're definitely not wrong

Chris Meck
12-30-2020, 07:30 PM

He didn't have multiple DUI's. He had ONE, as a 31 year old assistant coach. It was literally 20 years ago this April.

While he was in college, he had a bunch of traffic violations speeding, etc. But we're talking about 30 plus years ago now if we're going to add all that up.

This all much ado about nothing.

MahiMike
12-30-2020, 07:31 PM

Trevor Lawrence...

FloridaMan88
12-30-2020, 07:32 PM

Tell that to Tony La Russa.

Chris Meck
12-30-2020, 07:37 PM
Tell that to Tony La Russa.

Again, it's ONE. ONE DUI.

Twenty years ago.

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 07:53 PM
Again, it's ONE. ONE DUI.

Twenty years ago.

And multiple other issues. I know we want to think these things aren’t a big deal but in the culture we live in, they just are. Especially when you are talking about the NFL PR machine.

kevrunner
12-30-2020, 10:49 PM
And multiple other issues. I know we want to think these things aren’t a big deal but in the culture we live in, they just are. Especially when you are talking about the NFL PR machine.

I agree, but for me, I think it’s a 99.99% certainty that EB will get a head coaching job this time. I think it will be with the Chargers, I’m in the minority, it’s just a gut feeling.

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2020, 11:00 PM
I agree, but for me, I think it’s a 99.99% certainty that EB will get a head coaching job this time. I think it will be with the Chargers, I’m in the minority, it’s just a gut feeling.

Los Angeles would be a terrible choice for EB because the local media would chew him up and spit him out if he didn’t win big from the start, especially after the Lakers and Dodgers won their respective championships and the Rams were in the Super Bowl in McVay’s second year.

Hell, even the Jets fans would have more patience with EB because everyone knows they suck.

Dunerdr
12-31-2020, 06:58 AM
Most of this board was up in arms when Clark hired Andy. Huge mistake. Huge.

I wanted Chip Kelley and Geno. LMAO

In58men
12-31-2020, 07:21 AM
I wanted Chip Kelley and Geno. LMAO

I wanted Manziel ROFL

chiefzilla1501
12-31-2020, 07:28 AM
I mean, EB wouldn't be top of my list but he's still better than a lot of whats out there. But the poor interview line flusters me a little bit. The lions are replacing a bellichick guy who, surprise, was a curmudgeon and slob. The Jets are replacing a guy with the most embarrassing HC intro presser of all time. The jags are replacing a certified asshole. The same front offices that are gaga over the patriot and parcells way of maniacal arrogance and treating the media and fans like complete dogshit? Those guys time and time again were good interviews?

Dunerdr
12-31-2020, 07:35 AM
I wanted Manziel ROFL

I would have taken him! I wonder if things would have been different if he'd landed somewhere like KC/NE/BAL.

chiefzilla1501
12-31-2020, 07:41 AM
you have some real good ones if a team pulls a hail Mary and grabs Dabo. And Saleh is great too. But man, some of these teams could pass up EB for daboll, Caldwell, Frazier or urban fucking meyer. Could be a really underwhelming head coach class.

RunKC
12-31-2020, 11:18 AM

I wouldn’t care about this stuff if it was that long ago. That’s the problem with society today. You mess up one time and you’re permanently ****ed.

People change. They grow. They get better. And goddamn man I think that makes EB a better coach. Players love guys who have played the game. They also love guys who don’t play games with them and have experience ****ing up.
Players will listen to a guy who has actually been there before and ****ed up themselves more than some poster boy from the league at their rookie symposium.

And yeah maybe EB isn’t a great interviewer. So what? Who gives a ****? I want a goddamn football coach.

5 years ago I got to be a part of an interview process hiring for a guy in our department. We loved the guy bc he was so well spoken and interviewed well. Guess what? We fired his ass 3 months into the job bc he was lazy and talked his way out of shit constantly. Management went a different direction and hired someone to replace him with work experience but not necessarily the best interviewing experience.

The new guy we hired is one of the best members of the team.

BryanBusby
12-31-2020, 11:29 AM
The Lions had an alleged rapist as a Head Coach for years. NFL teams have PR departments to make that shit irrelevant.

htismaqe
12-31-2020, 11:41 AM
The Lions had an alleged rapist as a Head Coach for years. NFL teams have PR departments to make that shit irrelevant.

Those were allegations against him.

With EB, they are allegations of organizational dysfunction, which is directly relevant to being a head coach or other leadership position.

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2020, 11:59 AM
And yeah maybe EB isn’t a great interviewer. So what? Who gives a ****? I want a goddamn football coach.

In most instances, an NFL Head Coach is more of a CEO than a "hands on, nitty gritty" coach. In addition to a large coaching staff, they have a minimum of 70 guys at all times to manage while also working with the GM, scouts and club president.

Now, I'm not stating that they don't have any input on scheme or game planning but they have their hands in every aspect of the football team, from scheduling and planning to routine meetings with ownership. The head coach needs to have great "People Skills" or the team will fail because no one wants to work for an asshole.

Smart teams perform Due Diligence before handing over the keys of their franchise to someone they're going to pay $6-8 million per year over 4 years, so it's understandable that if a guy doesn't "Check every box", they pass on him.

Megatron96
12-31-2020, 12:07 PM
EB's biggest problem is that he doesn't have a hook. You can't point out some easily discernable trait/characteristic of his that screams "he's great at {x}."

All we really have is Andy's word that he's a great coach and future HC, and the fact that the players love working for him.

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2020, 12:19 PM
EB's biggest problem is that he doesn't have a hook. You can't point out some easily discernable trait/characteristic of his that screams "he's great at {x}."

Bieniemy's "biggest problem" is that he's a 52 year old offensive coordinator who isn't designing the offense, nor is he calling the plays.

In his last stint as an offensive coordinator in which he DID design the offense and call the plays, the team went a miserable 4-21 and could barely score points. The 2012 team, which went 1-11, holds the record for worst season in Colorado history.

After being fired along with the rest of the coaching staff, he was hired as the Chiefs running backs coach, a role in which he had from 2013-2017.

Since then, no one outside of Chiefs employees, truly knows and understands his role, which is a problem for a perspective employer.

kcclone
12-31-2020, 12:19 PM

All we really have is Andy's word that he's a great coach and future HC, and the fact that the players love working for him.

I think his hook is that he's a coach that players love, but yet he's not a pushover, has high expectations and standards so they also have to respect him.

I think he can probably assemble a good staff, which is also half the battle.

I've found in life that 90% of the people that interview well are just that... good at bullshitting.

It certainly doesn't make you a great football coach if you are a good interviewer by conventional standards, IMO.

RunKC
12-31-2020, 12:22 PM
Smart teams perform Due Diligence before handing over the keys of their franchise to someone they're going to pay $6-8 million per year over 4 years, so it's understandable that if a guy doesn't "Check every box", they pass on him.

Smart teams do, but in general most teams aren’t smart. Even smart franchises are doing stupid shit.

We’re talking about a league that has had a lot of teams hire Patriot Way losers o ver and over again without having the slightest clue that it never works and turns out terribly every time.

The Giants are considered a good franchise historically and yet they hired Judge and what do ya know? The Patriot **** already got into a first fight in year 1.

Megatron96
12-31-2020, 12:26 PM
Bieniemy's "biggest problem" is that he's a 52 year old offensive coordinator who isn't designing the offense, nor is he calling the plays.

Since then, no one outside of Chiefs employees, truly knows and understands his role, which is a problem for a perspective employer.

Yeah, pretty much what I mean about EB not having a 'hook.' You can't point at anything concrete and say "this guy is great at this." Whether it's calling plays, designing plays, determining the overall strategies of how to attack defenses, etc.

If you're an owner/GM of a struggling team, that's a lot of unknowns to throw your hat at.

Megatron96
12-31-2020, 12:32 PM
I think his hook is that he's a coach that players love, but yet he's not a pushover, has high expectations and standards so they also have to respect him.

I've found in life that 90% of the people that interview well are just that... good at bullshitting.

It certainly doesn't make you a great football coach if you are a good interviewer by conventional standards, IMO.

A real hook though is something concrete, something quantifiable. Being lovable or respected by themselves doesn't qualify.

Though I do agree that interviewing well isn't a true indicator of how competent someone is at a job. I interviewed thousands of prospects as an asst. mgr., manager, Regional Director, and figured out pretty quickly that good interviewees weren't any better employees than bad ones, overall. Being a good interview just means that a person is familiar with the principles of selling the best parts of themselves, and that's about it.

Some people are just good BS artists.

notorious
12-31-2020, 12:35 PM

In his last stint as an offensive coordinator in which he DID design the offense and call the plays, the team went a miserable 4-21 and could barely score points. The 2012 team, which went 1-11, holds the record for worst season in Colorado history.

After being fired along with the rest of the coaching staff, he was hired as the Chiefs running backs coach, a role in which he had from 2013-2017.

That's why it's head scratching that people think he's a shoo-in for a HC job.

I don't see it.

RealSNR
12-31-2020, 12:40 PM
Those were allegations against him.

With EB, they are allegations of organizational dysfunction, which is directly relevant to being a head coach or other leadership position.

As a college offensive coordinator? Meh. Who cares?

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2020, 12:42 PM
Smart teams do, but in general most teams aren’t smart. Even smart franchises are doing stupid shit.

We’re talking about a league that has had a lot of teams hire Patriot Way losers o ver and over again without having the slightest clue that it never works and turns out terribly every time.

The Giants are considered a good franchise historically and yet they hired Judge and what do ya know? The Patriot **** already got into a first fight in year 1.

Look across the league, man. The Packers, Rams, Browns, Bengals, 49ers and Cardinals have all hired young, smart coaches that not only relate well to the players but the public as well.

Sure, Joe Judge had an argument with a hothead but he didn't lose the team. Matt Rhule has been extremely impressive in Carolina, despite the fact they had bottomed out as a franchise due to the former owner, yet he has them playing smart football. Brian Flores is only 39 years old and he's coached the shit out of the Dolphins and it's pretty clear that he's not following the "Patriot's Way" because he's doing anything and everything to win football games. He's not playing "God" down there and calling important team members "Players" instead of their names. He and Gaines have built an above average roster in a very short time and they have multiple first round picks in 2021.

This isn't 2010 nor is it 2015. The new NFL owners understand that this is a "Young Man's League" and that it takes a head coach that can relate to these guys as a leader.

Look no further than Mike Tomlin. Dude was a kid when he was hired yet he's led them to two Super Bowls and while he's not the greatest "X's and O's" guy in the league, he knows personalities and how to manage them.

That is more than half the battle.

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2020, 12:43 PM
As a college offensive coordinator? Meh. Who cares?

It's the only time in his career that he was designing an offense and calling plays, so it matters.

ChiefGator
12-31-2020, 12:50 PM
GM: "We interviewed EB and it was a poor interview. Hmm.. what didn't we like about the interview again?"

Owner: "Well, he was black for starters"

GM: "Oh yeah.. real bad interview"

I kid, I kid, but it does sound like BS to me.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2020, 12:52 PM

Which is why a lot of franchises prefer to play it safe and hire recycled coaches like McCarthy, Bellichek, Schottenheimer and Reid himself. It’s tough to hire an unknown.

Chris Meck
12-31-2020, 01:49 PM

I cannot imagine that Bill Belichick was a great interview.

Cheater5
12-31-2020, 02:07 PM

Don't let his post-game pressers color your judgement too much; when he wants to be he can be articulate, thoughtful, and displays an obvious passion for the subtle nuances of the game...but only when he is asked good football questions. Just my .02 cents.

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2020, 02:38 PM

Belichick didn't need to have a great interview because his Super Bowl rings spoke for themselves, even before he became the HC of the Browns.

Robert Kraft knew exactly what he was getting, too, as BB served on Parcell's staff in the 90's.

notorious
12-31-2020, 02:53 PM
Belichick didn't need to have a great interview because his Super Bowl rings spoke for themselves, even before he became the HC of the Browns.

Robert Kraft knew exactly what he was getting, too, as BB served on Parcell's staff in the 90's.

It was a shocker when he told the Jets to get fucked and went to the Pats which, to my recollection, pissed Parcells off something fierce.

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2020, 02:55 PM
It was a shocker when he told the Jets to get fucked and went to the Pats which, to my recollection, pissed Parcells off something fierce.

Yeah, they didn't speak for years after that but clearly, BB made the right call.

I mean holy shit! The Jets couldn't even lose properly in order to get the best QB prospect in decades.

We all know that the Jets organization is a gigantic dumpster fire but their epic stupidity is still shocking.

I just don't know how they have any fans left.

notorious
12-31-2020, 02:59 PM
Yeah, they didn't speak for years after that but clearly, BB made the right call.

I mean holy shit! The Jets couldn't even lose properly in order to get the best QB prospect in decades.

Boy did he ever choose correctly. Parcells had the Jets job lined up specifically for Belichick, and Bill had the balls to say no.

He basically told his NFL dad “no” to taking over the family business.

RealSNR
12-31-2020, 04:04 PM

We don't know that, do we? I'm legit asking, because I'm not sure.

Sometimes we don't really know what Andy Reid offensive coordinators do and don't do. Even a task that we can actually see by watching games (playcalling) has some debate over it. Because there have been multiple times during the Reid era where Andy was calling plays for stretches of the season, and then after the fact in postgame, Andy goes, "Yeah, Doug/Brad/Matt/Eric rang that one up." Or hell, I could even be misremembering things, but I thought the "switch" of playcalling duties from Reid to Nagy happened just randomly one game where stuff was working well and Andy said, "I fired myself. Matt's been calling plays for the past game or two."

Andy's always got his thumb in the pie, to be sure, but is 100% of the playbook all Andy Reid-designed plays? I would bet that SOME of them were drawn up by Bieniemy. Or at least, he came up with the idea, Andy workshopped it with him, and it got into the playbook.

I know the spirit of your post was addressing the issue of Bieniemy's past with Colorado, not so much the present with Andy Reid, but right now the question is, "Has Bieniemy changed/learned enough since coaching in college to be viewed as a great head coaching candidate?" We can't say for sure he's had the experience of a fully-in-charge OC the way others around the league are, but we also don't know he's had ZERO experience at some of the OC duties that people are claiming are done 100% by Andy Reid unless stated otherwise.

Chief_For_Life58
12-31-2020, 04:25 PM
the way I see it - he should stay in kc for at least for the next 5 years . Youre the oc of possibly the best qb of all time. I would stay on for the ride. A hc job is there anytime you want one. Patrick mahomes as the qb is not

FAX
01-01-2021, 09:18 AM
IMHO, the Chiefs offense we're seeing today would never (and could never) be "designed" by EB.

This is Wally's offense.

Does EB coordinate? Yes.
Does EB have input on game plans? Certainly.
Could EB have invented this overall offensive scheme on his best day? Hell, no.

I think OCs come in a lot of different flavors; there are guys who take ALL the responsibility of designing the scheme, there are guys who call the plays on game day, and there are guys who organize the position coaches, make sure the coffee is hot, and call out players when they're late for meetings.

EB is probably in the latter category.

FAX

Chief Roundup
01-03-2021, 08:09 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Falcons?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Falcons</a> will have two head coach interviews tomorrow, as they are set to zoom with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#49ers</a> DC Robert Saleh, per coach Kyle Shanahan, and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> OC Eric Bieniemy, per source.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1345911969786851331?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

El caliente
01-03-2021, 09:03 PM
As a Saints fan I am excited to hear that Bienemy is getting an interview with the Falcons.

JakeF
01-03-2021, 09:44 PM
Happy if he stays, happy if they get 3rd round comp picks for him. Win win
pretty much

We've always known that it's Andy's offense. Kafka is probably the next guy who will be Andy's 2nd in command.

Chiefshrink
01-03-2021, 09:57 PM
Don't let his post-game pressers color your judgement too much; when he wants to be he can be articulate, thoughtful, and displays an obvious passion for the subtle nuances of the game...but only when he is asked good football questions. Just my .02 cents.

BINGO!!!

Sassy Squatch
01-03-2021, 09:59 PM
If Urban Meyer and Scott Pioli get that Jacksonville gig then there's absolutely no excuse.

Chiefshrink
01-03-2021, 10:03 PM
He basically told his NFL dad “no” to taking over the family business.

That's because he realized that Parcells was still going to be involved in personnel decisions and he said to himself NOPE. And yes he made the right decision because it is a proven fact in the last 20yrs Bellichek has a genius knack for finding talented lunch pale no-name guys who can play who are smart and love the game.:thumb:

staylor26
01-03-2021, 10:08 PM
If Urban Meyer and Scott Pioli get that Jacksonville gig then there's absolutely no excuse.

Are we sure that Deberg wasn’t trolling?

Sassy Squatch
01-03-2021, 10:09 PM
Nah, I saw what he was referring to. It's legit.

staylor26
01-03-2021, 10:12 PM
Nah, I saw what he was referring to. It's legit.

I finally found something on it.

Sounds like Florio, who isn’t exactly then most reliable, said to look out for Pioli as a potential GM candidate with Meyer?

That’s a little different from what Deberg said.

Delano
01-03-2021, 10:14 PM
I wonder who would join Bienemy on his offensive staff? Would any Chiefs coaches leave with him or would they all look to move up here? Or would he have to hire someone that doesn't get the OC job in KC? I'd guess he'd try to hire a long-tenured DC that could basically run that side of the ball.

RealSNR
01-03-2021, 10:17 PM
That's because he realized that Parcells was still going to be involved in personnel decisions and he said to himself NOPE. And yes he made the right decision because it is a proven fact in the last 20yrs Bellichek has a genius knack for finding talented lunch pale no-name guys who can play who are smart and love the game.:thumb:

Seriously. You've got to be a bot. Nobody ever speaks in this many cliches in a genuine unironic way.

rabblerouser
01-03-2021, 10:36 PM
Well, a lot of the castoffs actually coordinated their own offense or defense. It’s true some of them haven’t but that’s usually a red flag. EB doesn’t actually have full coordinator responsibility.

Please, elaborate.

Titty Meat
01-03-2021, 10:37 PM
Atlanta is the best job for Bienemy

RealSNR
01-03-2021, 10:43 PM
I think some of you are underestimating EB’s role in this offense just because he didn’t create it.

Well no shit. Guess what? By that same logic neither did Andy Reid. You think he drew up every single fucking play in that playbook? He didn’t borrow ANYTHING from his own mentors and colleagues? Yeah, this isn’t Montana’s WCO but you think it’s so different that for all intents and purposes the Chiefs are running the Fried Cheeseburger Offense created entirely by Andy Reid? And even if they were doing that, you think Bieniemy has created/added/edited/contributed to precisely ZERO percent of this offense?

For fucks sake. We’ve gone from acknowledging that Bieniemy doesn’t call plays in game day to speculating that he essentially has a coaching role of LESS importance to the team than his old spot as RB coach. Like he’s some goddamn coffee wench in a French maid outfit.

God, people. Love him or hate him, Doug Peterson has won a Super Bowl, and that’s with having less coaching experience and diversity in the teams and roles he’s served than Bieniemy. You think he was a better HC candidate because Andy let him call plays for half a season?

In58men
01-03-2021, 10:58 PM
I think some of you are underestimating EB’s role in this offense just because he didn’t create it.

Well no shit. Guess what? By that same logic neither did Andy Reid. You think he drew up every single ****ing play in that playbook? He didn’t borrow ANYTHING from his own mentors and colleagues? Yeah, this isn’t Montana’s WCO but you think it’s so different that for all intents and purposes the Chiefs are running the Fried Cheeseburger Offense created entirely by Andy Reid? And even if they were doing that, you think Bieniemy has created/added/edited/contributed to precisely ZERO percent of this offense?

For ****s sake. We’ve gone from acknowledging that Bieniemy doesn’t call plays in game day to speculating that he essentially has a coaching role of LESS importance to the team than his old spot as RB coach. Like he’s some goddamn coffee wench in a French maid outfit.

God, people. Love him or hate him, Doug Peterson has won a Super Bowl, and that’s with having less coaching experience and diversity in the teams and roles he’s served than Bieniemy. You think he was a better HC candidate because Andy let him call plays for half a season?

Quit with all this EB negativity, we’re tryna hype dude up so we can get our extra 2 3rd round picks. EB is a fucking god!!!

KC_Lee
01-04-2021, 08:01 AM

Please, elaborate.

Some elaboration (from 2019); https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/6/18169793/bengals-coach-search-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-vance-joseph-broncos

AussieChiefsFan
01-04-2021, 08:06 AM

It's settled then, we get to keep him!

MIAdragon
01-04-2021, 08:26 AM

Is there any other kind?

staylor26
01-08-2021, 10:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reports coming out that Eric Bieniemy didn’t have a good interview with the Falcons. <br><br>Flash back to 2019 when PFN Insider <a href="https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AllbrightNFL</a> reported that Bieniemy hadn’t impressed during interviews. <br><br>Allbright repeated this on PFN Weekly a few weeks ago.<a href="https://t.co/SML0deKcHj">https://t.co/SML0deKcHj</a></p>&mdash; Pro Football Network (@PFN365) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1347745164761116675?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca
01-08-2021, 10:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reports coming out that Eric Bieniemy didn’t have a good interview with the Falcons. <br><br>Flash back to 2019 when PFN Insider <a href="https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AllbrightNFL</a> reported that Bieniemy hadn’t impressed during interviews. <br><br>Allbright repeated this on PFN Weekly a few weeks ago.<a href="https://t.co/SML0deKcHj">https://t.co/SML0deKcHj</a></p>&mdash; Pro Football Network (@PFN365) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1347745164761116675?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This stuff is making the rounds on social media...that his college stuff will hold him back. Teams don't wanna have to answer questions about why your new HC covered up sexual assault etc.

I don't really buy it but it's out there.

Rain Man
01-08-2021, 10:25 PM
I had no idea of this, but Bienemy placed third in the Heisman voting in 1990: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/heisman-1990.html. He actually got a lot of first place votes.

kcclone
01-08-2021, 10:34 PM
I had no idea of this, but Bienemy placed third in the Heisman voting in 1990: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/heisman-1990.html. He actually got a lot of first place votes.

He was very good. That 1990 National Championship Colorado team had a lot of stud athletes.

RealSNR
01-08-2021, 10:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reports coming out that Eric Bieniemy didn’t have a good interview with the Falcons. <br><br>Flash back to 2019 when PFN Insider <a href="https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AllbrightNFL</a> reported that Bieniemy hadn’t impressed during interviews. <br><br>Allbright repeated this on PFN Weekly a few weeks ago.<a href="https://t.co/SML0deKcHj">https://t.co/SML0deKcHj</a></p>— Pro Football Network (@PFN365) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1347745164761116675?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I’m not plugging my ears and refusing to believe it, but I also know how the NFL works. If the Falcons believe the Chiefs are going to go far in the playoffs and will have to wait awhile to hire their head coach, it could make some sense to feign disinterest in the guy everybody is thinking you’ll hire.

Again, I realize Bieniemy might very well be a bad interview, but he sure does check a lot of the boxes for guys you’d want as a head coach. Maybe that’s a deal breaker for the falcons, but I find it really hard to believe that no franchise is going to give him a shot

staylor26
01-08-2021, 10:56 PM
I’m just fucking bummed that we might not get 2 3rd round comp picks.

kcclone
01-08-2021, 10:58 PM
I’m just fucking bummed that we might not get 2 3rd round comp picks.

He’ll get a job this year.

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2021, 11:04 PM
I don't think so. Enough teams seem to be interested in college coaches and retreads that whatever is holding Bieniemy back here may just continue to do so. His best chance was probably the Texans because of Watson and he's not even getting the chance to interview there.

staylor26
01-08-2021, 11:06 PM

I really don’t think so man.

The Jags job is Urban Meyer’s if he wants it. He’s apparently told people he expects to be in Jacksonville.

Texans aren’t interested.

Sounds like his Falcons interview didn’t go well.

That probably leaves the Lions, Chargers, and Jets.

I think Daboll gets 1 of those jobs for sure.

That leaves Bieniemy, Saleh, Brady, and Smith to compete with for 2 jobs (and the Texans which we know he isn’t getting).

mr. tegu
01-08-2021, 11:08 PM
What is the speculation about why he is bad in interviews? Does he show up in shorts? Forget people’s names? Doesn’t send a thank you note afterwards? It doesn’t seem reasonable that he doesn’t know football but it’s got to be something fairly consistent with him that others pick up on.

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2021, 11:11 PM

The Jags job is Urban Meyer’s if he wants it. He’s apparently told people he expects to be in Jacksonville.

That leaves Bieniemy, Saleh, Brady, and Smith probably fighting for 2 jobs.
Daboll could easily end up in Houston. He, Caserio, and Easterby all share the same agent.

staylor26
01-08-2021, 11:12 PM
Daboll could easily end up in Houston. He, Caserio, and Easterby all share the same agent.

Shit I forgot about the Texans in the end that post lol. I’m too high.

Daboll will end up in LA or Houston.

Nickhead
01-08-2021, 11:17 PM
Houston's new GM better ASAP schedule an interview with EB

it's amazing that they never even lined up an interview with him...

that is why watson is so upset...

it's not the GM, its EB :thumb:

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2021, 11:18 PM
Shit I forgot about the Texans in the end that post lol. I’m too high.

Daboll will end up in LA or Houston.
There's still so many names being floated out there though. Saleh, Eberflus, Staley, Bieniemy, Daboll, Brady, and Smith are the obvious ones but you've got guys like Bowles, Lewis, and Caldwell getting interviews and then the college ranks after that.

patteeu
01-08-2021, 11:20 PM
There's also a possibility Anthony Lynn gets fired in LA, leaving one fewer African American head coach. I personally see nothing different from Bienemy than I saw from Nagy or Pederson, and I don't believe there was ever a huge push for them to get head coaching jobs by the media the way there is for Bienemy. It's pretty clear why people are pushing for Bienemy, but it is what it is. If he gets passed up we won't hear the end of it all offseason.

As others have mentioned, jackasses like Gase and Patricia have gotten jobs, someone just needs to bite the bullet and give Bienemy a chance.

One difference between Bienemy and Nagy or Pederson (or Kafka for that matter) is that he never played QB and he was never QB coach or a passing coordinator. I think that all else equal, that would be something I'd want as an owner in today's league.

Bienemy seems like his strength is as a motivator. He'd have to prove to me that he could be all the things you'd want out of an OC as head coach or that he could be a CEO type with a strong OC and DC.

Titty Meat
01-08-2021, 11:28 PM
One difference between Bienemy and Nagy or Pederson (or Kafka for that matter) is that he never played QB and he was never QB coach or a passing coordinator. I think that all else equal, that would be something I'd want as an owner in today's league.

Bienemy seems like his strength is as a motivator. He'd have to prove to me that he could be all the things you'd want out of an OC as head coach or that he could be a CEO type with a strong OC and DC.

I think code for "not a great interviewer" means his answers for multiple DUIs which got him banned from CUs campus for awhile and being possibly involved in a sexual misconduct scandal are a tough sell.

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2021, 11:32 PM
Could be a similar situation to Zimmer not getting a job for years.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/10/04/the-interview-that-nearly-ended-the-head-coaching-dream-of-the-vikings-mike-zimmer/%3foutputType=amp

Mecca
01-08-2021, 11:42 PM
Apparently the Chargers are strongly considering hiring Jason Garrett.

BossChief
01-08-2021, 11:46 PM
He has to have a fatal flaw in interviews that makes teams think he would be Peter principled into the job. He did tons of interviews and we would have probably heard by now if he got one of the head coach jobs out there.

Deberg_1990
01-08-2021, 11:47 PM

Hahah. Good!

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2021, 11:48 PM
Where's that coming from?

BossChief
01-08-2021, 11:51 PM

As head coach?

ROFL

Red Dawg
01-08-2021, 11:59 PM
When he wasn't hired last year I said he may be a bad interview guy. If all these teams say no then he definitely is.

staylor26
01-09-2021, 12:02 AM

Really? Everything I’ve read says they want Daboll. I think Daboll is more likely.

BossChief
01-09-2021, 12:02 AM
One has to wonder if the new rule hurts Eric’s chances of getting hired for a HC spot.

A few of the teams interested in him may go in a different direction because they may not want KC to get the extra picks.

Mecca
01-09-2021, 12:06 AM
Really? Everything I’ve read says they want Daboll. I think Daboll is more likely.

I think that's possible also but yea they tend to do stupid shit.

Mecca
01-09-2021, 12:07 AM
One has to wonder if the new rule hurts Eric’s chances of getting hired for a HC spot.

A few of the teams interested in him may go in a different direction because they may not want KC to get the extra picks.

I doubt it, right now I think it's the Jets or he doesn't get one.

I've seen people rail him for his history and then say, he's an offensive coach under Reid which means he doesn't do much.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-09-2021, 12:09 AM
If EB doesn’t get a head coaching job this year, he will be the next head coach of the Chiefs whenever Reid retires

The Franchise
01-09-2021, 12:27 AM

Teams aren’t going to pass up on a HC who they like because it will give another team draft picks.

staylor26
01-09-2021, 12:31 AM
I think that's possible also but yea they tend to do stupid shit.

I don’t know how I feel about Daboll, but I think he’d at least be and upgrade and good for Herbert.

LiveSteam
01-09-2021, 12:38 AM
Good. He can be the next head coach of KC.

srvy
01-09-2021, 12:59 AM
What is the speculation about why he is bad in interviews? Does he show up in shorts? Forget people’s names? Doesn’t send a thank you note afterwards? It doesn’t seem reasonable that he doesn’t know football but it’s got to be something fairly consistent with him that others pick up on.

Yeah I don't buy it either. Does anyone believe Todd Haley was a strong interview?

Titty Meat
01-09-2021, 01:03 AM
I’m just ****ing bummed that we might not get 2 3rd round comp picks.

Ya it sucks and we are going to hear the predictive narrative about race but if he doesnt get a job this year isnt it pretty damn telling about those skeletons in the closet?

Off the top of my head I cant think of 1 NFL hire that had a past like that maybe someone can correct me. I wasnt aware of his background til a few weeks ago my first thought was Mike Price but even Price was a HC when all of that shit happened

Titty Meat
01-09-2021, 01:05 AM
He has to have a fatal flaw in interviews that makes teams think he would be Peter principled into the job. He did tons of interviews and we would have probably heard by now if he got one of the head coach jobs out there.

Theres not a coach more respected in the league than Reid. When Pederson took over the play calling it was speculated Reid was doing it to help him get the job. Again you cant just ignore Bienemys past background.

htismaqe
01-09-2021, 02:08 AM
I don’t know how I feel about Daboll, but I think he’d at least be and upgrade and good for Herbert.

Patriot Way scum. Just like the rest of them.

UChieffyBugger
01-09-2021, 02:54 AM
I think code for "not a great interviewer" means his answers for multiple DUIs which got him banned from CUs campus for awhile and being possibly involved in a sexual misconduct scandal are a tough sell.

Why are you pushing the sexual misconduct line when it was the STUDENTS who were accused and not HIM? smh get a damn grip man and stop with the bs. Matt Patricia was INVOLVED in a SERIOUS case where he was accused of RAPE and the case is still iffy today and yet he got the Lions job. EB had a past full of minor issues and has been clean of problems for several years but that should be a reason he doesn't get hired? That's dumb logic and one of the several double standards that minorities have to face. EB's CV is way above the likes of Judge with the Giants, Taylor at Cinci, Le Fluer when he was with the Titans etc so I don't want to hear excuses. If he doesn't get a job this time around then it will be clear why he didn't and it will make headlines for sure.

Buehler445
01-09-2021, 03:06 AM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/0f99c3b8818fc1abace8b8b3cc60898a/tenor.gif?itemid=11758617

alanm
01-09-2021, 03:07 AM

That leaves Bieniemy, Saleh, Brady, and Smith to compete with for 2 jobs (and the Texans which we know he isn’t getting).You're not talking Alex Smith are you?

Buehler445
01-09-2021, 03:07 AM
Patriot Way scum. Just like the rest of them.

If I was running a team this would be my position. If Bienemy gets dinged for DUI, I’d be a hard no for any Brotherfucking Cheatriot.

Hoover
01-09-2021, 03:09 AM
You're not talking Alex Smith are you?
Arthur Smith

ChiefsFanatic
01-09-2021, 03:09 AM
I think code for "not a great interviewer" means his answers for multiple DUIs which got him banned from CUs campus for awhile and being possibly involved in a sexual misconduct scandal are a tough sell.It could also be that EB has a very specific way he wants to build the team, or maybe it's his potential coaching staff, or maybe he isn't going to take lower tier salary like first time head coaches do, or he wants specific protections in his contract so he doesn't get the Caldwell treatment.

If Patrick Mahomes believes in EB enough to put his name behind him for HC, that's what teams should be focusing on. Unless the team he is interviewing for is the Broncos, most fan bases don't know and probably don't care about his past.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

alanm
01-09-2021, 03:13 AM

A few of the teams interested in him may go in a different direction because they may not want KC to get the extra picks.Yeah.. pass on a potential great coach because it may benefit KC in the short term. I don't think so. :shake:

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-09-2021, 03:15 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rumor: Christian Fauria (<a href="https://twitter.com/christianfauria?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@christianfauria</a>) says Eric Bieniemy isn’t interested in the Texans and prefers the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Jets</a> HC vacancy.<br><br>Normally, statements like these don’t materialize into anything simply based off speculation, but both Bieniemy and Fauria are Colorado alums.</p>&mdash; Jet Up Nation (@jetupnationcrew) <a href="https://twitter.com/jetupnationcrew/status/1347676183182385158?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

alanm
01-09-2021, 03:22 AM
Why are you pushing the sexual misconduct line when it was the STUDENTS who were accused and not HIM? smh get a damn grip man and stop with the bs. Matt Patricia was INVOLVED in a SERIOUS case where he was accused of RAPE and the case is still iffy today and yet he got the Lions job. EB had a past full of minor issues and has been clean of problems for several years but that should be a reason he doesn't get hired? That's dumb logic and one of the several double standards that minorities have to face. EB's CV is way above the likes of Judge with the Giants, Taylor at Cinci, Le Fluer when he was with the Titans etc so I don't want to hear excuses. If he doesn't get a job this time around then it will be clear why he didn't and it will make headlines for sure.That won't be the reason. That's what the media will run with because their only good at sowing dissent. He won't get the job because some team went with the more qualified person. But you know the media will run with the race angle. :spock:

alanm
01-09-2021, 03:28 AM
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 506px; height: 319px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/index.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1347676183182385158&lang=en&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dnewreply%26p%3D15458029&theme=light&widgetsVersion=ed20a2b%3A1601588405575&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1347676183182385158" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>Oh man.. EB. That's a death wish. That can't be his preference. :(<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.96fd96193cc66c3e11d4c5e4c7c7ec97.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

UChieffyBugger
01-09-2021, 03:34 AM
That won't be the reason. That's what the media will run with because their only good at sowing dissent. He won't get the job because some team went with the more qualified person. But you know the media will run with the race angle. :spock:

So Joe Judge, a special teams coach with no OC or DC experience, was more "qualified" to be a HC than EB? And Zac Taylor wasn't even a OC and had no experiance running either side of the ball when he was hired whilst Lefluer had a poor year as Titans OC before being hired...but a Superbowl winning OC is less qualified than those guys were? Smh come forth with a better argument please..this one sucks.

alanm
01-09-2021, 03:57 AM
So Joe Judge, a special teams coach with no OC or DC experience, was more "qualified" to be a HC than EB? And Zac Taylor wasn't even a OC and had no experiance running either side of the ball when he was hired whilst Lefluer had a poor year as Titans OC before being hired...but a Superbowl winning OC is less qualified than those guys were? Smh come forth with a better argument please..this one sucks.I hate to say this, but like real life the NFL is a lot of "It's not what you know, It's who you know." It's networking.. It's calling in favors just to get interviewed. It's a lot of the old boy network. It sucks. I really don't think anybody is passing on him because he's black.

UChieffyBugger
01-09-2021, 04:09 AM
I hate to say this, but like real life the NFL is a lot of "It's not what you know, It's who you know." It's networking.. It's calling in favors just to get interviewed. It's a lot of the old boy network. It sucks. I really don't think anybody is passing on him because he's black.

So white owners are hiring white coaches who have way less experience and success than EB...but it would have nothing to do with his race if he doesn't get hired? Nope...not buying it buddy. First year EB was part of one of the best offenses in NFL HISTORY, Second year he wins a superbowl and this year his offense is one of the best again with a 14-1 record. That's what he's done thus far not to mention he's also been a coach under Andy for several years too. Several other coaches who have been under Andy and had less success than EB have gone on to become good OC's...Harbour, Nagy, Pederson, Rivera, Mcdermot etc. So what is the excuse? The only difference is race.

MahomesMagic
01-09-2021, 06:33 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fauria says Eric Bienemy will be the next HC of the New York Jets</p>&mdash; Billy M (@BillyM_91) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1347666573637640193?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

notorious
01-09-2021, 06:47 AM
Prayers sent.

Seriously, New York isn’t that horrible. They have some pieces on defense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-09-2021, 07:04 AM
If Bienemy takes the Jets job it's proof that he probably wasn't all that important to the Chiefs. No one with judgement that poor would be crucial to the success of a good football team.

chiefzilla1501
01-09-2021, 07:47 AM
Prayers sent.

Seriously, New York isn’t that horrible. They have some pieces on defense.

Also some pieces on offense and a good GM. Can't be understated how bad Adam gase was Joe Douglas is also a sound GM. An insane amount of cap space and great draft slot. It's a matter of how much ownership will interfere.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-09-2021, 07:50 AM
Watson can handle the Bob fiasco, he is equipped/ has training for New York. Get it done EB!

Coogs
01-09-2021, 07:53 AM
Watson wanted EB. So if EB goes to the Jets. What if the Jets flipped their #2 overall pick, Darnold, and maybe one of their 3rd round picks to the Texans for Watson?

Jets would still have a normal draft, and tons of cap space to make a roster.

Jets also have an extra #1 next year. They could make that deal happen if they wanted to.

chiefzilla1501
01-09-2021, 07:54 AM
Wherever bieniemy goes the big question is what he plans to do on offense. Pederson and Nagy got more control than they probably should have in running the offense. I could see bieniemy delegating.

Sassy Squatch
01-09-2021, 07:58 AM
If he goes to the Jets I bet they take Mormon Mahomes at #2

Sassy Squatch
01-09-2021, 07:59 AM
Saw a report that Saleh didn't interview well in Detroit.

tyecopeland
01-09-2021, 08:07 AM
Watson wanted EB. So if EB goes to the Jets. What if the Jets flipped their #2 overall pick, Darnold, and maybe one of their 3rd round picks to the Texans for Watson?

Jets would still have a normal draft, and tons of cap space to make a roster.

Jets also have an extra #1 next year. They could make that deal happen if they wanted to.

I dont think that would be enough compensation for Watson.

Also, I don't know what kind of dead cap hit they'd have to take by trading Watson with the new deal he just signed. Overthecap says it would be 21 mil the texans would eat by trading him before June 1st.

Coogs
01-09-2021, 08:10 AM

Also, I don't know what kind of dead cap hit they'd have to take by trading Watson with the new deal he just signed. Overthecap says it would be 21 mil the texans would eat by trading him before June 1st.

Two 1st (one the overall #2). One 3rd (this year). And a starting QB. If that is not enough, it's at least a good starting point.

The Jets still have another 1st this year and another 1st next year to bargain with as well.

tyecopeland
01-09-2021, 08:21 AM
Two 1st (one the overall #2). One 3rd (this year). And a starting QB. If that is not enough, it's at least a good starting point.

The Jets still have another 1st this year and another 1st next year to bargain with as well.

I didn't see the 1st next year until after I posted. I'd say it would still take more than that because darnold is broke and theyd be taking his replacement at #2 anyway. But they could figure out something with their draft capital, you're right about that.

Coogs
01-09-2021, 08:24 AM
I didn't see the 1st next year until after I posted. I'd say it would still take more than that because darnold is broke and theyd be taking his replacement at #2 anyway. But they could figure out something with their draft capital, you're right about that.

Yeah, I was slow getting the second 1st rounder into my original post. Too early in the morning yet! Lol!

joethomas
01-09-2021, 08:52 AM
It seems puzzling to me, but a head coach is a lot more than just a play caller. You need the "leader of men" qualities as much as anything else. Not saying Eric doesn't have those, just that it's a massive skillset needed and not just that of an offensive coordinator

patteeu
01-09-2021, 09:35 AM
If EB doesn’t get a head coaching job this year, he will be the next head coach of the Chiefs whenever Reid retires

I doubt it.

patteeu
01-09-2021, 09:54 AM

It could be that nothing is enough, but for a proven franchise QB, I’d think the price would be a lot higher than what you’re offering.

In58men
01-09-2021, 12:52 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fauria says Eric Bienemy will be the next HC of the New York Jets</p>&mdash; Billy M (@BillyM_91) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1347666573637640193?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

COMING SOON: My report that Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy had a strong interview with the Falcons and very much remains in the hunt for their HC vacancy - from a source involved with the interview process

Buehler445
01-09-2021, 01:08 PM
If Bienemy takes the Jets job it's proof that he probably wasn't all that important to the Chiefs. No one with judgement that poor would be crucial to the success of a good football team.

ROFL

BURN.

That being said it’s hard to argue against.

Cheatriot brotherfuckers have done some dumbshit ass things in pursuit of the right 53.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-09-2021, 01:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">COMING SOON: My report that Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy had a strong interview with the Falcons and very much remains in the hunt for their HC vacancy - from a source involved with the interview process</p>&mdash; Steve Wyche (@wyche89) <a href="https://twitter.com/wyche89/status/1347978405032038400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sofa King
01-09-2021, 02:14 PM
I’m just ****ing bummed that we might not get 2 3rd round comp picks.

Me too man, me too.

arrwheader
01-09-2021, 02:28 PM
Hmm

The Franchise
01-09-2021, 02:48 PM
I think EB could do well with the Jets. The bar is set pretty low from Gase. They’d probably build him a statue if they got 8-8.

kevrunner
01-09-2021, 07:30 PM
Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy reportedly had a "strong interview" with the Atlanta Falcons about their head coaching vacancy.

A source told Steve Wyche of NFL.com on Saturday that Bieniemy was "prepared, knew everything about the team, had a great plan and is a bona fide candidate" for the Falcons after Monday's meeting. The source added Atlanta officials "absolutely refute" any reports it was a poor interview.

The update comes after Aaron Wilson of the*Houston Chronicle*(via*Cory Woodroof*of The Falcoholic) suggested the meeting didn't go well.

"[The Falcons] literally want to hire a Black coach," Wilson said on*The A-Team*radio show in Houston. "They would love for him to crush the interview. He did not crush the interview, and these teams care a lot about these interviews."

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-09-2021, 07:38 PM
Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy reportedly had a "strong interview" with the Atlanta Falcons about their head coaching vacancy.

A source told Steve Wyche of NFL.com on Saturday that Bieniemy was "prepared, knew everything about the team, had a great plan and is a bona fide candidate" for the Falcons after Monday's meeting. The source added Atlanta officials "absolutely refute" any reports it was a poor interview.

The update comes after Aaron Wilson of the*Houston Chronicle*(via*Cory Woodroof*of The Falcoholic) suggested the meeting didn't go well.

"[The Falcons] literally want to hire a Black coach," Wilson said on*The A-Team*radio show in Houston. "They would love for him to crush the interview. He did not crush the interview, and these teams care a lot about these interviews."

Does Aaron Wilson want Bieniemy in Houston, seems like a story that was asked to be planeted...

BossChief
01-09-2021, 09:40 PM

Is this confirmed anywhere?

I have only seen it here.

MahomesMagic
01-09-2021, 09:57 PM
Is this confirmed anywhere?

I have only seen it here.

Rumor but someone that knows Bienemy...

dirk digler
01-10-2021, 02:57 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/10/will-eric-bieniemy-be-shut-out-again/

The Andy Reid coaching tree has in recent years sent former Chiefs offensive coordinator Doug Pederson to the job of head coach of the Eagles and former Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy to the job as head coach of the Bears. Current offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy has stalled in that spot for three years, passed over for head-coaching offers after his first two seasons of working directly with quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

A week ago, it seemed inevitable that one of the various 2021 vacancies would go to Bieniemy. Now, there’s a sense in league circles that he could once again be shut out of the process.

Bieniemy has interviewed with the Jaguars, Lions, Falcons, Chargers, and Jets. The Texans did not interview him.

Working against Bieniemy is the rule that prevents him from being hired until the Kansas City postseason run ends. Only when an assistant from a potential Super Bowl team is the clear-cut top choice for a given team will that team wait for him. If all other things are equal, the guy who’s available now will be hired.

Bieniemy may sense that his ship won’t be coming in this year. As one league source explained it to PFT, Bieniemy is privately saying that he wants to stay with the Chiefs until he finds the perfect job.

The situation is creating a logjam within the Chiefs organization. Quarterbacks coach/passing game coordinator Mike Kafka is in line to take over for Bieniemy, with Kafka becoming the next guy to eventually graduate to a head-coaching job.

BossChief
01-10-2021, 03:09 PM
Lacanfora just said Desean Watson wants Eric Bienemy to be the coach and they haven’t even interviewed EB.

boilertiger
01-10-2021, 03:25 PM
Lacanfora just said Desean Watson wants Eric Bienemy to be the coach and they haven’t even interviewed EB.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1348308842149507078?s=21

Chief Roundup
01-10-2021, 04:10 PM

He also said that Houston is the only team that has no interest in EB.

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2021, 04:32 PM

The better way to look at it is you have the best manager in the world. A guy who makes everyone underneath him better. I get what you're saying. But these same shitheads keep turning to a bellichick organization that pumps out a bunch of yes men with no mind of their own. Its a very easy decision if the choice is to hire another bellichick stooge or hire from the tree of the best coach factory in football.

KChiefs1
01-11-2021, 01:04 AM
I don’t think he interviews very well.

I think the Chiefs lose Kafka before EB.

boilertiger
01-11-2021, 01:22 AM
I still cannot understand what is happening in Houston, Jacksonville and NYC.

If a team interviews EB and doesnt like him. Fine. But hiring Meyer and then whatever is going on in Houston is madness to me. Meyer is going to bring in a college staff for goodness sakes.

People saying he doesnt have a role and doesnt design the offense are being silly IMO. His role is being a leader and holding people accountable. As a HC those are the most critical characteristics.

thabear04
01-11-2021, 01:25 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There&#39;s an emerging sense that Eric Bieniemy will once again not land a head-coaching job <a href="https://t.co/MQNuV4WcR9">https://t.co/MQNuV4WcR9</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1348370889033838596?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROYC75
01-11-2021, 02:01 AM
https://syndication-bleacherreport-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2926250-report-eric-bieniemy-wants-to-remain-with-chiefs-until-he-finds-perfect-job.amp.html?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-11-2021, 02:22 AM
Players and coaches want to stay in KC wow!!! We really ar building a dynasty

RealSNR
01-11-2021, 06:40 AM
Who the fuck knows about how these interviews are going with Bieniemy?

Like... how? Are these assholes in the meetings? When asked about how they go, are people actually saying, "Well, Candidate A accidentally pissed himself, but had a nice pie chart, so..." Are the candidates themselves talking to reporters and saying, "Aw man I fucked it up!"

How the fuck does anybody know how this shit goes?

Also, random douche reporter guy says Bieniemy can't interview and that he fucked up this round too, and then we see a tweet from another guy that it went really well with the Falcons. So which one is correct? Did he or didn't he give a bad interview?

This is just speculation. All of it is fucking speculation. Nobody heard jack fucking shit and if they did it's what teams and/or the candidate wanted them to put out to the public.

It's all bullshit.

patteeu
01-11-2021, 11:34 AM
Who the fuck knows about how these interviews are going with Bieniemy?

Like... how? Are these assholes in the meetings? When asked about how they go, are people actually saying, "Well, Candidate A accidentally pissed himself, but had a nice pie chart, so..." Are the candidates themselves talking to reporters and saying, "Aw man I fucked it up!"

How the fuck does anybody know how this shit goes?

Also, random douche reporter guy says Bieniemy can't interview and that he fucked up this round too, and then we see a tweet from another guy that it went really well with the Falcons. So which one is correct? Did he or didn't he give a bad interview?

This is just speculation. All of it is fucking speculation. Nobody heard jack fucking shit and if they did it's what teams and/or the candidate wanted them to put out to the public.

It's all bullshit.

It’s not mysterious. Reporters “know” these things because someone who was in the meetings leaks the info to them. I use quotations because the leaks could also be misinformation. But it’s not something that can’t be known.

Titty Meat
01-11-2021, 11:49 AM
Meanwhile the jets are rumored to be trading for Doug Pederson lolol

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2021, 11:49 AM
Meanwhile the jets are rumored to be trading for Doug Pederson lolol
Uh..... Wut?

Mecca
01-11-2021, 11:50 AM
Uh..... Wut?

That actually is out there.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2021, 11:54 AM

It's all bullshit.

When a 51 year old guy, who's been in the NFL since 1991 and played for a national champion in 1990, doesn't get a head coaching job, despite the media pushing for him for two solid years, it's because everyone in the NFL already knows what Bieniemy has to offer.

Bieniemy doesn't exactly have a clean past, which is important in a time when everyone is scrutinized for everything they've ever done in their lives.

htismaqe
01-11-2021, 11:59 AM
When a 51 year old guy, who's been in the NFL since 1991 and played for a national champion in 1990, doesn't get a head coaching job, despite the media pushing for him for two solid years, it's because everyone in the NFL already knows what Bieniemy has to offer.

Bieniemy doesn't exactly have a clean past, which is important in a time when everyone is scrutinized for everything they've ever done in their lives.

Yup.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2021, 12:17 PM
Haven't seen anything about that potential Jets trade but Lurie clearly isn't very happy with Pederson at the moment from what I've read.

Easy 6
01-11-2021, 12:17 PM
Well hell, really wanted that extra 3rd

Deberg_1990
01-11-2021, 12:26 PM
Jason Garrett might get hired before EB. ROFL

wazu
01-11-2021, 12:54 PM
Jason Garrett might get hired before EB. ROFL

If Mike McCarthy did, then might as well this.

UChieffyBugger
01-11-2021, 01:00 PM

You keep pushing the "EB has a past" line and it's a WEAK EXCUSE!!..his minor issues were decades ago and like i said before Matt Patricia had a rape case on his record and was hired by the Pats and Lions. So you're gonna need to spin a different record because this one ain't it buddy.

Titty Meat
01-11-2021, 01:02 PM
You keep pushing the "EB has a past" line and it's a WEAK EXCUSE!!..his minor issues were decades ago and like i said before Matt Patricia had a rape case on his record and was hired by the Pats and Lions. So you're gonna need to spin a different record because this one ain't it buddy.

Lol he was banned from a college campus and a possible cover up of sexual misconduct certainly isnt a weak excuse.

Hoover
01-11-2021, 01:05 PM
Maybe EB goes to Philly.

Owner and GM not convinced that Doup Pederson has a good plan on fixing the offense.

KChiefs1
01-11-2021, 01:27 PM
Maybe EB goes to Philly.

Owner and GM not convinced that Doup Pederson has a good plan on fixing the offense.

Trade him to Philly for their 3rd round pick.