PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Raiders Trade for Carson Palmer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

milkman
10-19-2011, 11:21 AM
True enough.

But there are only so many championships to go around. If we're in the playoffs for the next 3-4 years because of it, then it was a good move with or without a Superbowl win.

I don't think anyone would say the Chargers have been a waste of time over the last 5 years ago. They haven't made it to the Superbowl but their fans have been happy most of the time for quite awhile. They have hope. And that's a damn nice thing to have as a sports fan.

After the last 9 years of watching my team, I'd forgotten what it was like to actually look forward to watching games instead of preparing myself to view the sports equivalent of a weekly airline disaster.

Dan Marino played for 17 years.

He is still considered an all time great, but his legacy is tarnished by the simple fact that he never won a SB.

I've been a fan for the better part of 50 years, and have been through some of the worst seasons that any fan has endured during the 80s, so while winning a lot of games was nice in the 90s, relative to the years before and since, the ultimate end result is failure.

milkman
10-19-2011, 11:22 AM
You're whole franchise has been a failure.. you have yet to win a Super Bowl since the merger

So all those 35+ or so 1st rd picks the Chiefs took were failures

Ultimately, yes.

Molitoth
10-19-2011, 11:25 AM
my dad can beat up your dad.

milkman
10-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Then KC's first round draft picks have been failures for the last 40 years! The criteria for any move is does it make your team better? Would the Raiders have won more games keeping those picks than with Palmer.

We'll see how Carson and the Raiders perform. If they suck, then bad trade. If they compete with the best teams, then good trade. Simple.

At the end of the day, winning the SB is the goal.

The QB position is the single most important position in team sports, and as such, it is the position that is most responsible for success or failure.

When it's all said and done, no one is measured more by championships, or lack thereof, than the QB.

It's the primary reason that Marino never entered the debate of greatest of all time after the careers of he, Montana and Elway was over.

Dartgod
10-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Someone jumped my ass a couple of pages ago for pointing out the thick-headedness of remarks like this.

1. You play who's put in front of you.

2. The teams that have been put in front of us are Denver, Buffalo, Jets, Pats, Texans, and Browns. Of those teams, Denver is the only one that can be said is completely awful. The Browns are now 1 game under .500 and the others are all over .500.

3. We're 4-2 against good competition

4. You guys are 2-3 and your only wins have come against teams with a combined record of 1-11. Competition doesn't get much worse than that.

Please, think before you type.
The post I quoted said that the Raider were 4-2 after playing the Jets, Patriots, Bills and Texans.

As if that is some sort of accomplishment, when in reality your 4 wins have come against teams that are a combined 9-13. You have ZERO wins against teams with a winning record.

I suggest YOU think before YOU type, moran.

Chronic
10-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Potentially two first round picks for a 32 year old quarterback whose peak was in 2006? Maybe it's not the farm, but your team certainly put a lot of the future at stake to attain him.

I still dont understand how passing on a player projected to go between 22-28 is putting the "future" at stake

Okie_Apparition
10-19-2011, 11:38 AM
I guess with all the rules protecting the QB these days. They don't even have to be in football shape to play. I doubt the refs will give the Brady/Peyton treatment to a quitter though

milkman
10-19-2011, 11:38 AM
I still dont understand how passing on a player projected to go between 22-28 is putting the "future" at stake

Aaron Rodgers was the 23rd pick of the 2006 draft.

Chronic
10-19-2011, 11:39 AM
At the end of the day, winning the SB is the goal.

The QB position is the single most important position in team sports, and as such, it is the position that is most responsible for success or failure.

When it's all said and done, no one is measured more by championships, or lack thereof, than the QB.

It's the primary reason that Marino never entered the debate of greatest of all time after the careers of he, Montana and Elway was over.

Do you believe that Palmer is an upgrade over Campbell?

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 11:42 AM
I really don't know.....I think if your goal is to get carson palmer up to speed quickest, you throw his ass in there now...rather than wait for this game, a bye week....and for him not to play an nfl game until 3 more weeks...

I think it risks them losing to the Chiefs (which is LOL worthy) this game, but if their 'superbowl or bust' this season mentality is what they are really trying to do (I think that is also a stupid philosophy for them this season) then it does fit in with what they seem to be trying to do....getting Carson Palmer ready ASAP for a perceived (key word) playoff run.

Actually playing the Chiefs this week and then a week off and then Denver is sorta like having 3 bye weeks in a row.

JD10367
10-19-2011, 11:43 AM
I think the fact that you guys (Chiefs and Raiders fans) hate each other makes you tend to polarize things.

Raiders fans: "Best move ever!"

Chiefs fans: "Worst move ever!"

Reality, IMO? They overpaid, but he's still a decent starting QB who easily has the potential to play well enough to graze the Top Five group (Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers). Who's in the second-tier? Rapistberger? Schaub? Eli Manning? Stafford, Romo, Ryan, Hasselbeck? Carson Palmer IMO easily can still play as well or better than any of those guys.

If this deal were for, say, a 2 and a 3, it would be a great deal. If the Chiefs made that deal, I'm sure plenty of people here wouldn't mind. But the Raiders definitely overpaid... which is par for the course with them, so it's not as big of a deal IMO. :shrug:

The Franchise
10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
If we gave up a 2nd and a 3rd round pick for Palmer.....I would be fucking livid.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 11:48 AM
If we gave up a 2nd and a 3rd round pick for Palmer.....I would be ****ing livid.

Why? You guys lose every year no matter what picks you get.

Frosty

Not a 1st and a 2nd's worth of an upgrade.

RaiderJave
If we gave up a 2nd and a 3rd round pick for Palmer.....I would be ****ing livid.

There's an 86 page thread on how bad Cassel sucks, but you wouldn't make a trade for Palmer? Interesting. So I'm assuming you'd rather have Cassel then Palmer.

milkman
10-19-2011, 11:49 AM

Yes.

But that's irrelevant to the point.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Not a 1st and a 2nd's worth of an upgrade.

I think it's is gonna be well worth that just to see this forum go Nuclear when Palmer breaks one off in your ass ROFL

Frosty
10-19-2011, 11:50 AM
There's an 86 page thread on how bad Cassel sucks, but you wouldn't make a trade for Palmer? Interesting. So I'm assuming you'd rather have Cassel then Palmer.

We want a franchise QB that will play for a long time. We've already seen how the "trading for a old QB" movie ends.

Chronic
10-19-2011, 11:51 AM

That's why your team hasnt won shit since we put a man on the moon

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 11:53 AM
We want a franchise QB that will play for a long time. We've already seen how the "trading for a old QB" movie ends.

The end of the story for KC does not have the same ending for the Raiders.... We recycle old QB's and go to the SB.

R8RFAN
That's why your team hasnt won shit since we put a man on the moon
Or since Gatorade was invented

jspchief
I think it's is gonna be well worth that just to see this forum go Nuclear when Palmer breaks one off in your ass ROFL

Don't hold your breath. Most of us aren't going to be surprised by a loss, no matter how ugly it is.

Right now, beating the chiefs is just a 1st round win in the special olympics bracket.

SPATCH
10-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Ok, look raider scum..

You might have had a chance to spin this as a good trade if your team was a good quarterback away from contending for a championship. However, your team is more of a Tom Brady away from a SB than a fucking Carson Palmer away from a SB.

Sweet trade.

We'll keep our foresight and continue to build through the draft.

Good day. Bitches.

Chronic
10-19-2011, 11:54 AM

It's because your franchise is inept

Warner took the Cards to the Super Bowl, Trent Dilfer won a SB, Brad Johnson was 34 when the Bucs brought him in and won a SB

Rich Gannon was pushing 40 when he took Oakland to a Super Bowl

Plenty of examples

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Don't hold your breath. Most of us aren't going to be surprised by a loss, no matter how ugly it is.

Right now, beating the chiefs is just a 1st round win in the special olympics bracket.

Cmon man , resist a little will ya?

Okie_Apparition
10-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Palmer the immobile, could get hurt playing against the Dolphins pass rush. He shouldn't play this soon

The Franchise
10-19-2011, 11:56 AM

I don't want either of them.

milkman
10-19-2011, 11:56 AM

With the combination of Crennel's soft scheme and the rules favoring the passing game, I'd be surprised if Palmer doesn't have a good day.

And....if he doesn't you better start worrying that your team just pissed away those drfat picks.

jspchief
10-19-2011, 11:58 AM
With the combination of Crennel's soft scheme and the rules favoring the passing game, I'd be surprised if Palmer doesn't have a good day.

And....if he doesn't you better start worrying that your team just pissed away those drfat picks.

Yep. I envision Ford and HB destroying us across the middle with our terrible safeties.

FringeNC
10-19-2011, 11:59 AM
The more I think about this, the more I am willing to give the Raiders a little benefit of the doubt. The Raiders have made it clear that they believe Carson Palmer is completely healthy, and that his statistics in Cincinnati were a function of WRs who refused to learn to run routes. They believe he is up there in the top 5 QBs. If in fact he is, the trade is worth it. 5-6 years of having a Hall of Fame-caliber QB is worth two firsts (and evidently the Raiders believe he is).

It all boils down to whether Palmer is Drew Brees or Matt Cassel. Having said all that, you have to think about a winner's curse in auctions. What information did the Raiders that the other teams in the league didn't? Either Hue Jackson is smarter than other coaches,or he's an idiot. If Palmer flops, not only are the Raiders out two high draft picks, but their organization is being run be a moron.

milkman
10-19-2011, 12:00 PM
The end of the story for KC does not have the same ending for the Raiders.... We recycle old QB's and go to the SB.

That worked when defenses were actually allowed to play defense.

You aren't going to win SBs in today's NFL with retreads and rejects.

If Palmer returns to pre-2005 form, a potentially that I'm not willing to dismiss, then you have a chance.

If he continues to be the mediocre QB of the last 5-6 years, then you don't.

Frosty
10-19-2011, 12:01 PM
It's because your franchise is inept

Warner took the Cards to the Super Bowl, Trent Dilfer won a SB, Brad Johnson was 34 when the Bucs brought him in and won a SB

Rich Gannon was pushing 40 when he took Oakland to a Super Bowl

Plenty of examples

So all of those teams traded 1st round picks for their retread QBs?

I was talking about what I want for the Chiefs. I don't give a fuck what other teams do. The Chiefs haven't drafted a 1st round QB since 1983 (and took the wrong one then). We've already tried the retread QB, the back up QB from a different team, and the late round QB. It's time to try something different.

(Remember - you asked if we would have wanted to trade for Palmer)

The Franchise
10-19-2011, 12:01 PM
The more I think about this, the more I am willing to give the Raiders a little benefit of the doubt. The Raiders have made it clear that they believe Carson Palmer is completely healthy, and that his statistics in Cincinnati were a function of WRs who refused to learn to run routes. They believe he is up there in the top 5 QBs. If in fact he is, the trade is worth it. 5-6 years of having a Hall of Fame-caliber QB is worth two firsts (and evidently the Raiders believe he is).

It all boils down to whether Palmer is Drew Brees or Matt Cassel. Having said all that, you have to think about a winner's curse in auctions. What information did the Raiders that the other teams in the league didn't? Either Hue Jackson is smarter than other coaches,or he's an idiot. If Palmer flops, not only are the Raiders out two high draft picks, but their organization is being run be a moron.

The Raider's hand was forced. Either trade for a QB or roll with Kyle Boller.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:02 PM

milkman I have been watching Raiders/Chiefs football for 35+ years and one thing I know is there are rarely easy victories....

1 game will not determine is Palmer is a bust for the Raiders.

Chronic
10-19-2011, 12:03 PM
We'll keep our foresight and continue to build through the draft.

Like Tyson Jackson, Glen Dorsey, Ryan Sims, Trezelle Jenkins,Sylvester Morris, Victor Riley, Junior Siavi, Alex Magee, Turk McBride, Bernard Pollard, Kris Wilson, Keryon Fox, Kawicka Mitchell, Eddie Freeman, Marvin Minnis?

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:03 PM
That worked when defenses were actually allowed to play defense.

You aren't going to win SBs in today's NFL with retreads and rejects.

If Palmer returns to pre-2005 form, a potentially that I'm not willing to dismiss, then you have a chance.

I agree that the last part is a fair assessment

Rausch
10-19-2011, 12:04 PM

This season?

They could have rolled on and probably won the division.

Now they have 9 QB's arguing over who's the man...

FringeNC
10-19-2011, 12:05 PM

Doesn't matter. The only way you make that trade is if you think you will be getting 5-6 years of Drew Brees-like performance. If you do, trade is worth it. If you don't, trade is a disaster.

milkman
10-19-2011, 12:07 PM
milkman I have been watching Raiders/Chiefs football for 35+ years and one thing I know is there are rarely easy victories....

1 game will not determine is Palmer is a bust for the Raiders.

I agree.

But what I'm saying to you is that there isn't any reason that Palmer, in spite of his protracted absence, should struggle against the Chiefs.

I've said it before.

I want Crennel gone.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Doesn't matter. The only way you make that trade is if you think you will be getting 5-6 years of Drew Brees-like performance. If you do, trade is worth it. If you don't, trade is a disaster.

They may get that kind of performance, who knows... This is still a run first team, DMC is our center piece

ChiefsCountry
10-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Like Tyson Jackson, Glen Dorsey, Ryan Sims, Trezelle Jenkins,Sylvester Morris, Victor Riley, Junior Siavi, Alex Magee, Turk McBride, Bernard Pollard, Kris Wilson, Keryon Fox, Kawicka Mitchell, Eddie Freeman, Marvin Minnis?

Why is Dorsey on this list?

Sofa King
10-19-2011, 12:09 PM
This season?

They could have rolled on and probably won the division.

Now they have 9 QB's arguing over who's the man...

That's funny, because it's none of them.

Sofa King
10-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Why is Dorsey on this list?

Because he's trolling. He's been trying to get someone to bite on Dorsey being a bust the last few pages but so far noone's bit.

FringeNC
10-19-2011, 12:10 PM
They may get that kind of performance, who knows... This is still a run first team, DMC is our center piece

You don't make that trade if you think Palmer is only a caretaker QB. Those guys are all over the league and cheap.

Edit: You don't win in the playoffs with an elite running back.

R8RFAN
I agree.

But what I'm saying to you is that there isn't any reason that Palmer, in spite of his protracted absence, should struggle against the Chiefs.

I've said it before.

I want Crennel gone.

Kinda depends on how the D line does for the Chiefs, If you guys can get to him, even a not so good team can make a great QB look bad....

Raiders are going to attack you on the ground until you find a way to stop it... Thats our bread and butter

Marcellus

Which is why giving 2 high picks for a retread shitty retired QB is dumb as fuck but keep spinning it to make yourself feel better.

Deberg_1990
heh, i always enjoy reading what the local media has to say about their players.

Palmer wanted Laveranues Coles, he lobbied for Terrell Owens. Brown wasted $8 million on Antonio Bryant. That Palmer quit on the Bengals was a personal shot at Brown. So, Brown waited. Partly to increase his leverage, partly to stick it to a player he felt stuck it to him.

I don’t know. But I have a suspicion the Raiders are really going to regret this. Nine is an ordinary NFL QB. Has been since he hurt his elbow. He does not have the Presence you like in a quarterback. Owens intimidated him. His ability to complete the middle- and long-range throws has regressed. He’s not especially mobile. He doesnt have great wideouts out there. I dont think he gets them to the playoffs, and if he doesnt, the trade is going to look worse than it does now.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daugherty/2011/10/19/the-morning-line-1019-2/

Chronic
10-19-2011, 12:11 PM

He went to the pro bowl 4 years ago and won the MVP of that game

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:11 PM
You don't make that trade if you think Palmer is only a caretaker QB. Those guys are all over the league and cheap.

Added element, more options ... Now we should be able to do both effectively and I don't think a team will be able to stack the box or double ever receiver. This should keep defenses far more honest against us now.

-King-
10-19-2011, 12:12 PM

:LOL:

Marcellus
10-19-2011, 12:13 PM

Pro Bowl MVP? Holy Shit!

Cassel went to the PB last year.

Frosty

It's a good thing QB's never age or get hurt then.

BigMeatballDave

Pro Bowl LMAO

Rausch
10-19-2011, 12:14 PM
I've said it before.

I want Crennel gone.

I don't, but I do want Golfer Todd the fuck out.

If this is an all or nothing deal Romeo get's kicked in the pit...

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Which is why giving 2 high picks for a retread shitty retired QB is dumb as **** but keep spinning it to make yourself feel better.

I am not spinning anything, I absolutely love this pick and I agree the price is high but the Raiders already have 13 1st round picks on the team. They will be fine.

You gotta pay if you want to play.

The Franchise
10-19-2011, 12:15 PM

MVP of a game where there is no passrush and teams repeatedly throw up 40-50 points.

Rausch
10-19-2011, 12:16 PM
I am not spinning anything, I absolutely love this pick and I agree the price is high but the Raiders already have 13 1st round picks on the team. They will be fine.

http://interprep.com/images/misc/gold-paint-face-guy.jpg

Sofa King
10-19-2011, 12:16 PM

You gotta pay if you want to play.

Feel free to post a list of those 13.

milkman
10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't, but I do want Golfer Todd the **** out.

If this is an all or nothing deal Romeo get's kicked in the pit...

Not going to debate this with you.

You already know how I feel about your opinion on Haley.

KCDC
10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Palmer will be better than Campbell once he gets into shape, assuming he can avoid injury. The Raiders were desperate. Boller is crap and their current season would be squandered if they did not get at least a mediocre QB. Desperate people overpay, especially when they are desperate and there is no time left before the trading deadline. No doubt Oakland overpaid, by a lot.

Yet, they won't feel the pain of overpaying for a while. They will be competitive with Palmer this season and next, if he stays healthy. It won't be for a few years that they will feel the loss of two top draft picks. They decided to play for today and not tomorrow. That is the philosophy of the Redskins and Dan Snyder. It is why the Redskins have been mired in mediocrity for over a decade, even when they sign every big name free agent to make up for traded away draft picks.

In contrast, teams like the Patriots and Steelers build their teams through the draft. They have continuing success without sacrificing the future. The Raider fans are about to feel the pain of the Redskins fans. When Al Davis was determining draft picks, they could afford to give up first round picks because he was apt to squander them on speedsters anyway. But now, those picks could be key.

So, the Raiders gain in the short term and it gives them reason to dream that Palmer could be another Gannon or Plunkett. After the JaMarcus Russell debacle, one can understand their pining for even a mediocre QB. But, at the end of the day, they overpaid greatly and the true costs of this may not be apparent unless Palmer is injured or melts down.

Many fans would take a 10-6 team in the current year over the probability of having a 12-4 sort of team in a couple of years. That is what the Raider fan base is likely getting. As the Redskins have shown, 10-6 is the best you can expect from a team that does not build through the draft.

SPchief
10-19-2011, 12:19 PM
I agree that the last part is a fair assessment

So do you think it was good value to trade away in hope that someone returns to a form from 6 years ago?

Okie_Apparition
Not being use to his center. Palmer will fumble the snap& fall on it. Offensive lineman will be pushed on top of him knocking him out of the next 4 games. All because the Raiders wanted to look smart & not like overpaying fuckups

milkman
I wonder how many first round draft picks the Redskins had on thier team a few years ago when they had Bruse Smith?

Frosty
10-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Boller is crap

Hey now! Boller is one of those 1st round picks on the Raiders' roster (Campbell is another).

Dartgod
10-19-2011, 12:21 PM

Pro Bowl MVP? OK, I'm convinced now. Hell, I'd have given three 1sts for him.

Pro Bowl MVP. Wow.
Posted via Mobile Device

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:23 PM
So do you think it was good value to trade away in hope that someone returns to a form from 6 years ago?

The Raiders are ready to win now, 9 years is a long time.
Carson is going to be a great QB for the Raiders, I know you guys don't want that just as I wouldn't if he were a Chief but he will probably be a thorn in your side for a 4 or 5 good years.

whoman69
10-19-2011, 12:23 PM

Matt Cassel went to the Pro Bowl last year. Is he an elite QB?

SPchief
10-19-2011, 12:24 PM
The Raiders are ready to win now, 9 years is a long time.
Carson is going to be a great QB for the Raiders, I know you guys don't want that just as I wouldn't if he were a Chief but he will probably be a thorn in your side for a 4 or 5 good years.

Thats a good homeristic response, but can you actually answer the question?

Chronic
10-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Penis envy

DBOSHO
10-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Ive always feltthat the raiders would be a Serious threat if they had a good quarterback.

Unfortunately, Carson Palmer is not a good quarterback.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Thats a good homeristic response, but can you actually answer the question?

I can't answer that as I haven't seen him play, my crystal ball rolled off the table yesterday and broke... Sorry

BigMeatballDave
Penis envy

LMAO moron

R8RFAN
Ive always feltthat the raiders would be a Serious threat if they had a good quarterback.

Unfortunately, Carson Palmer is not a good quarterback.

Dude if we would have gotten Aaron Rodgers you would have said he was a bad QB too.

The Franchise
10-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Dude if we would have gotten Aaron Rodgers you would have said he was a bad QB too.

Ummm.....no.

Carson Palmer WAS good......4 fucking years ago.

SPchief
10-19-2011, 12:32 PM
I can't answer that as I haven't seen him play, my crystal ball rolled off the table yesterday and broke... Sorry

Why do you need a crystal ball to answer this?

So do you think it was good value to trade away a 1st and 2nd rounder in hope that someone returns to a form from 6 years ago?

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2011, 12:33 PM

LMAO Are you seriously comparing Palmer to the best QB in the NFL?

SPATCH
10-19-2011, 12:33 PM

awwww that's so cute

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Why do you need a crystal ball to answer this?

So do you think it was good value to trade away a 1st and 2nd rounder in hope that someone returns to a form from 6 years ago?

if he returns to form Yes if he does not Bad move...

Obvious man... Come on

SPATCH
10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Penis envy

This is the second time that some Fader idiot has misused penis envy.

SPchief
10-19-2011, 12:37 PM
if he returns to form Yes if he does not Bad move...

Obvious man... Come on

Do you think he is going to return to that form?

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2011, 12:38 PM
This is the second time that some Fader idiot has misused penis envy.

It's the same Faider idiot

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Do you think he is going to return to that form?

Thats where the Crystal ball part comes in...

I hope so...

SPATCH
10-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Penis envy describes the anxiety a small girl feels when she realizes she does not have a penis. It has to do with the oedipus complex. The little girl is attracted to her father subconciously and subconciously resents her mother because of it. It's weird Freudian shit.

You're acting like it's something that happens between dudes showering off at the gym. Go read a book or something.

Dartgod
10-19-2011, 12:43 PM

I hope so...
This is why we're laughing at you. Your team traded two high draft picks for hope. ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
10-19-2011, 12:44 PM

I hope so...

Bottom line here, based on his performance in the last 5 years, the Raiders overpaid.

Even if he returns to pre-knee form and it can looked on in retrospect as a win for the Raiders, the fact will always remain that Raiders overpaid for him based on his real value at the time of the trade.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Bottom line here, based on his performance in the last 5 years, the Raiders overpaid.

Even if he returns to pre-knee form and it can looked on in retrospect as a win for the Raiders, the fact will always remain that Raiders overpaid for him based on his real value at the time of the trade.

Not my money, I don't care.
I pay to watch the games, they take that money and pay players.

Chiefs stick with the same crap when they are losing, your team never makes any moves, always predictable and thats why you never win much.... Hell you gotta take a chance in life....

I like the pick and the Chiefs will be hating it really soon.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:48 PM
This is why we're laughing at you. Your team traded two high draft picks for hope. ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

And you guys paid 60 million for a dope with no hope.

SPchief
10-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Here comes the "Raiders make moves to try and imrove their team while the chiefs sit by and do nothng" post

The Franchise
10-19-2011, 12:49 PM

Not my money....I don't care.

SPchief
10-19-2011, 12:49 PM

Chiefs stick with the same crap when they are losing, your team never makes any moves, always predictable and thats why you never win much.... Hell you gotta take a chance in life....

wow, you beat me to it

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Here comes the "Raiders make moves to try and imrove their team while the chiefs sit by and do nothng" post

It's true, yall will sit there and cry in your beer and take it up the ass the rest of the year, maybe bring in one washed up cb in the off season and repeat the cycle next September

Of course the stands will be full because the drunk in-breads don't know any different.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Not my money....I don't care.

But he is just a notch above Jamarcus Russell

BigMeatballDave

He's talking about draft picks you tool.

R8RFAN
He's talking about draft picks you tool.

Draft pics = Money

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2011, 12:53 PM

Why bring up Cassel? No one here cares about him.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Why bring up Cassel? No one here cares about him.

Oh Bullshit ROFL

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Draft pics = Money

There are not enough facepalms.

As I've already said, you are stupid beyond comprehension.

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Oh Bullshit ROFL

:spock:

milkman
10-19-2011, 01:03 PM

That is not at all true, actually.

The Chiefs, throughout the Carl Peterson era continuosly tapped the free agent market to build.

They traded for Kreig, for Montana, for Roaf, etc.

I've said for years, and years, that you build through the draft.

This team is finally doing it exactly the way I want it to do it.

I don't agree with all the draft decisions that Pioli has made, but I wholeheartedly agree with the philosophy.

You use free agency for role players.

You draft the core.

Lzen
10-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Oh Bullshit ROFL

Most Chiefs fans here have tired of Cassel long ago. And most of us thought the trade for him and the subsequent $60 million contract was dumb.

Lzen
10-19-2011, 01:04 PM
That is not at all true, actually.

The Chiefs, throughout the Carl Peterson era continuosly tapped the free agent market to build.

I've said for years, and years, that you build through the draft.

This team is finally doing it exactly the way I want it to do it.

I don't agree with all the draft decisions that Pioli has made, but I wholeheartedly agree with the philosophy.

You use free agency for role players.

You draft the core.

This.

Or you occasionally use FA to sign that one or two missing pieces to a championship caliber squad. Although that can be tricky.

milkman
10-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh Bullshit ROFL

I believe what he means is that Cassel sucks ass, and almost everyone (finally) knows it.

Lzen
10-19-2011, 01:06 PM
So, are the Raiders seriously planning to start Palmer this weekend? I was listening to Al Saunders on the radio this morning and it seemed to me that was what is the plan.

Lzen
10-19-2011, 01:07 PM
So, are the Raiders seriously planning to start Palmer this weekend? I was listening to Al Saunders on the radio this morning and it seemed to me that was what is the plan.

Yay! 25k posts!! Woo hoo!

:rolleyes:

jAZ
10-19-2011, 01:09 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/126686269479718912

@AdamSchefter
No big surprise, but Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer is expected to start Sunday versus the Chiefs.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 01:10 PM
I believe what he means is that Cassel sucks ass, and almost everyone (finally) knows it.

But they won't do anything about it.... There is a new Sheriff in town, that dudes name is Hue Jackson and if you do not perform, your ass will go to the bench.. No more status quo no more just because you have a name on your shirt... That dude means business. The Raiders are on the rise again, I know you guys are feeling it or you wouldn't have a 1000+ response thread trying to beat us down....

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 01:10 PM

Congrats...........:thumb:

Frosty
10-19-2011, 01:13 PM

Krieg was a FA, though your point still stands. Surtain was another trade I didn't like. People justified it the same way the Raiders fans are - "well, the Chiefs suck at 2nd round picks anyway, so we might as well throw it away on an over the hill corner".

DeezNutz
10-19-2011, 01:16 PM
If the Chiefs aren't super prepared to make a QB off the street look bad, Haley and Romeo are clowns.

milkman
10-19-2011, 01:21 PM
But they won't do anything about it.... There is a new Sheriff in town, that dudes name is Hue Jackson and if you do not perform, your ass will go to the bench.. No more status quo no more just because you have a name on your shirt... That dude means business. The Raiders are on the rise again, I know you guys are feeling it or you wouldn't have a 1000+ response thread trying to beat us down....

You may have a point as it relates to Cassel.

If the Chiefs don't address the QB position after this year, then I will continue to watch a team mired in mediocrity.

At the end of the day, I don't care what the Raiders, the Chargers, or the Broncos do.

If management here makes the right decisions, then we will be competing in a couple of years, and for years to come.

If they make the wrong decisions, then we'll be where we've always been.

What the rest of the division, and league does, is irrelevant.

Palmer to the Raiders, though, i s big news, so I'm going to discuss it.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Seriously... If the Raiders don't win by 3 td's this weekend I am going to be disappointed.... I mean Bills put up a 40 burger in your house, we played them to the last play of the game...

You guys have barely squeaked by 2 of the worst teams in the NFL... I see a beat down of Epic Proportions coming this weekend.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 01:24 PM
You may have a point as it relates to Cassel.

If the Chiefs don't address the QB position after this year, then I will continue to watch a team mired in mediocrity.

At the end of the day, I don't care what the Raiders, the Chargers, or the Broncos do.

If management here makes the right decisions, then we will be competing in a couple of years, and for years to come.

If they make the wrong decisions, then we'll be where we've always been.

What the rest of the division, and league does, is irrelevant.

Palmer to the Raiders, though, i s big news, so I'm going to discuss it.

Oh Hells yea.... I want to discuss it too, hell this is the best QB we have seen here since Gannon... and now we have a decent line to accommodate him.

Should be a spirited game this weekend.

Marcellus
10-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Seriously... If the Raiders don't win by 3 td's this weekend I am going to be disappointed.... I mean Bills put up a 40 burger in your house, we played them to the last play of the game...

You guys have barely squeaked by 2 of the worst teams in the NFL... I see a beat down of Epic Proportions coming this weekend.

Good luck.

vailpass
10-19-2011, 01:25 PM
The faiders continue to make horrendous personell moves even though Greasy Al is now feeding the worms.
Gotta' love it.

DeezNutz
10-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Over/under on quarters Palmer plays: 3.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 01:27 PM
The faiders continue to make horrendous personell moves even though Greasy Al is now feeding the worms.
Gotta' love it.

You stay Classy
http://blogs.federaltimes.com/federal-times-blog/files/2011/02/ron_burgundy2_180.jpg

whoman69
Your team's moves speak of desperation. You have a guy who hasn't taken a snap since December inserted after a few days practice in the middle of the season. They probably have to cut the playbook to pre-season levels because he doesn't know it.

Sofa King
It's true, yall will sit there and cry in your beer and take it up the ass the rest of the year, maybe bring in one washed up cb in the off season and repeat the cycle next September

Of course the stands will be full because the drunk in-breads don't know any different.

Learn to fucking spell.

milkman
10-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Over/under on quarters Palmer plays: 3.

You think the Raiders will have such a big lead, they'll give Boller some garbage time?

whoman69
10-19-2011, 01:28 PM
You stay Classy
http://blogs.federaltimes.com/federal-times-blog/files/2011/02/ron_burgundy2_180.jpg

Let's just say were not buying the revisionist history which changes Al into a hero of the league the last 40 years. We know better and you should too.

DeezNutz
10-19-2011, 01:29 PM
You think the Raiders will have such a big lead, they'll give Boller some garbage time?

Indeed. LMAO.

Or Hali is going to wreck Palmer's shit.

vailpass
10-19-2011, 01:29 PM
You stay Classy

A faider fan talking about class? LMAO If it bothers you to think about maggots skull-fucking Greasy Al then maybe you should go play elsewhere.

KCUnited
10-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I'd rather use a Groupon for someone's left over New England clam chowder than take out a home equity loan to eat torn ligaments at Tommy John's.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 01:30 PM
A faider fan talking about class? LMAO If it bothers you to think about maggots skull-****ing Greasy Al then maybe you should go play elsewhere.

Don't bother me, just shows me your mama was a prostitute and your dad was a drug addict and brought up a kid who has no respect for the dead... That is all.

But hey, I didn't mean to upset you.

bevischief
10-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Draft pics = Money

Not any more.

bevischief
10-19-2011, 01:31 PM

Congrats.

vailpass
10-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Don't bother me, just shows me your mama was a prostitute and your dad was a drug addict and brought up a kid who has no respect for the dead... That is all.

But hey, I didn't mean to upset you.

Hillbilly truck driver says what? I'm not the one getting all upset at the though of Greasy Al choking to death on his own vomit while simultaneously shitting himself. Just die baby.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Hillbilly truck driver says what? I'm not the one getting all upset at the though of Greasy Al choking to death on his own vomit while simultaneously shitting himself. Just die baby.

Hahahah How much did you're mom charge?

bevischief
10-19-2011, 01:35 PM

wow.

Dartgod
10-19-2011, 01:39 PM
If the Chiefs aren't super prepared to make a QB off the street look bad, Haley and Romeo are clowns.

I hate to do so, but I'll remind you of the farmer with Jacksonville last year that was lighting us up for a half.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
10-19-2011, 01:39 PM
It's a win-win-win this week for Raider fans. If Palmer shits the bed, they can write it off as, "Eh, it was his first game in a year, he'll be better once he plays his way into shape and learns the playbook." If Palmer plays half-decently, it'll be, "Wow, if he can do that coming off the couch, imagine once he knows what he's doing." If Palmer torches the D for 350 yards and 4 TDs... Armageddon around here.

DeezNutz
10-19-2011, 01:41 PM
I hate to do so, but I'll remind you of the farmer with Jacksonville last year that was lighting us up for a half.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's right. And CBS just showed another shot of his wife.

Sofa King
10-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Hahahah How much did you're mom charge?

http://www.moccforums.com/forums/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=1985;preview

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.moccforums.com/forums/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=1985;preview

Sorry....

Your Mother is a Slutwhore then ROFL

KCUnited
10-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Oakland is like the desperate slut that goes atm for a brokedick ginger who promises to take them to the Prom only to find out it was just a conjugal visit.

Ugly Duck
10-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Raiders’ coordinator hints Carson Palmer will start Sunday

Carson Palmer appears set to start for the Raiders just five days after arriving in Oakland. Offensive coordinator Al Saunders strongly suggested that Palmer will be the man for the Raiders on Sunday against the Chiefs when he was asked today on Fescoe in the Morning on 610 Sports Radio what Palmer needs to do to be the Raiders’ starter. Saunders answered, “As long as he’s breathing.”

Saying that Palmer will start “as long as he’s breathing” doesn’t speak well for Kyle Boller, who came in to replace Jason Campbell after Campbell was hurt on Sunday. But Saunders said he was extremely impressed by what Palmer was able to do on Tuesday, just after the trade became official.

“He walked out on the field yesterday and everybody kind of looked at everybody and said, ‘You know what? This is a real quarterback,’” Saunders said. “That was the comment made by a couple people as they watched him throw. It just depends on how quickly he feels comfortable in what we’re doing and that shouldn’t take too long.”

For the Raiders, the question isn’t whether Palmer knows the whole offense. It’s whether he knows enough of the offense that he can be better than Boller. And it sounds like a few days’ work is all Palmer will need to be better than Boller.

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2011, 01:52 PM

I still dont understand how you are claiming this is the entirety of what the trade was when there is possibly another 1st round pick on the table....

The raiders have no picks left in 2012, and will potentially lose their 1st rounder in 2013...

You dont think that is a big risk?

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I still dont understand how you are claiming this is the entirety of what the trade was when there is possibly another 1st round pick on the table....

The raiders have no picks left in 2012, and will potentially lose their 1st rounder in 2013...

Who cares... We are winning and the Chiefs are losing DUH!

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 01:54 PM

wHEN YOU HAD bUTT sEX With your boyfriend without a condom that was a big risk too... You lived, or have so far

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2011, 01:56 PM
wHEN YOU HAD bUTT sEX With your boyfriend without a condom that was a big risk too... You lived, or have so far

Wait so is that a yes? You do think it is a big risk?

Wow, we actually agreed on something....

whoman69
10-19-2011, 01:58 PM

Oh I understand now. You lash out when you're proven stupid. That explains a lot of things

Brock
10-19-2011, 02:03 PM

Sounds like you've spent too much time at truck stops.

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Sounds like you've spent too much time at truck stops.

He isn't really a truck driver he just sucks a lot of greasy trucker dick to make his way across country.

Chronic
10-19-2011, 02:06 PM

Butt hurt

Dont be retarded mkay?

They do have picks

They get 3 extra comp picks for Gallery, Asomugha and Miller

Raiders draft picks will more than likely be

3rd - Asomugha (comp)
3rd - Gallery (comp)
4th - Miller (comp)
5th
6th

Stop your crying...It's embarrassing

Just admit you're jealous and envy that the Raiders went out and got better at the QB position while you're stuck with a cheap ass owner and your team sucks

Go buy a Raider jersey and you dont have to keep suffering being a fan of a team that wont win shit .. You'll be dead, your grandchildren will be dead by the time the Chiefs ever win a SB

Why do you continue to do this to yourself?

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 02:09 PM
These guys are scurred Chronic.... They know their nightmare just came true.... Raiders with a bonafide legit QB.

They are scurred and are acting out

The Franchise
10-19-2011, 02:09 PM
You're probably not getting a comp pick for Miller considering you signed Boss.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 02:11 PM
You're probably not getting a comp pick for Miller considering you signed Boss.

Don't be scurred

http://mycdn.theexcitantgroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/scared_cat-500x411.jpg?cda6c1

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Butt hurt

Dont be retarded mkay?

They do have picks

They get 3 extra comp picks for Gallery, Asomugha and Mille

3rd - Asomugha (comp)
3rd - Gallery (comp)
4th - Miller (comp)

You do realize this is pure speculation....You may not get all of these picks...right? And you do understand that picking at the end of the 3rd/4th round (if you do get all 3 picks, which is doubtful) gets you very little chance of success, dont you?

The Franchise
10-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Get a real job.

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2011, 02:17 PM
the Winner's Curse explains why top teams tend to build their starting lineups through the top rounds of the draft and not through free agency. It may also explain why draft picks might be better bargains than veteran free-agents with similar expected performance levels.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010/04/why-free-agent-signings-turn-out-so.html

If you can read.....which is doubtful.

tl;dr

The Raiders just mortgaged their future away for whaetever playoff games they can win this year..

Congrats, duders.

Fritz88
10-19-2011, 02:19 PM
These guys are scurred Chronic.... They know their nightmare just came true.... Raiders with a bonafide legit QB.

They are scurred and are acting out

RaiderfanRaiderfan

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 02:19 PM
http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010/04/why-free-agent-signings-turn-out-so.html

tl;dr

The Raiders just mortgaged their future away for whaetever playoff games they can win this year..

Congrats, duders.

Why has this only worked once for the Chiefs since Gatorade was invented then?

mlyonsd
10-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Raiders with a bonafide legit QB.
If you're talking Matt Cassel'esque bonafide legit QB you'd be accurate.

SnakeXJones
He isn't really a truck driver he just sucks a lot of greasy trucker dick to make his way across country.

ROFL

SPATCH
All of this is bringing a great joy to my heart... it is so very, very cute to see the optimism coming from these Faider fucks.

Yes. I will enjoy watching these same fucks agonize as their team slips back into oblivion..

R8RFAN
If you're talking Matt Cassel'esque bonafide legit QB you'd be accurate.

Not even in the same league man...

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 02:22 PM
All of this is bringing a great joy to my heart... it is so very, very cute to see the optimism coming from these Faider ****s.

Yes. I will enjoy watching these same ****s agonize as their team slips back with KC into oblivion..

FYP

SPATCH
10-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Oh btw...

Carson Palmer = Jason Campbell

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2011, 02:23 PM
They get 3 extra comp picks for Gallery, Asomugha and Miller

Ok, lets assume they will get all 3 compensatory picks (probably will not happen)...Why don't you look at this chart and tell me the odds that late 3rd/4th rounders will do ANYTHING to help your team long term..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3587/3470996904_f2a721f264.jpg?v=0

Now take a look and see what a 1st rounder, even 22-28 might do for you......The difference between picking in the top 2 rounds and say between 150-250 is massive.

You have mortgaged your future for whatever you get THIS season.

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Not even in the same league man...

Palmer has just as many playoffs wins as Cassel.

mlyonsd
10-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Not even in the same league man...Actually they are if you look at QB ratings.

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Palmer has just as many playoffs wins as Cassel.

I think Cassel's TD : INT ratio is actually better too

LOL

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Cassell is awesome and I hope he remains a Chief until he retires

Sofa King
10-19-2011, 02:28 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N8Smg7Q85pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H1YTBDgCRME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SPATCH
10-19-2011, 02:29 PM
FYP

Oh hey hi

maybe you didn't notice that we're not wheeling and dealing like it's super bowl or bust around these parts... we have a good nucleus of young talent and we will continue to collect talent through the draft, thank you

k good luck with that super bowl this year. srsly i mean it. good luck. k bye.

mlyonsd
Cassell is awesome and I hope he remains a Chief until he retiresI'm guessing we'll be saying that about you guys and Palmer so now we can all :grouphug:

Montane
Ok, lets assume they will get all 3 compensatory picks (probably will not happen)...Why don't you look at this chart and tell me the odds that late 3rd/4th rounders will do ANYTHING to help your team long term..

Now take a look and see what a 1st rounder, even 22-28 might do for you......The difference between picking in the top 2 rounds and say between 150-250 is massive.

You have a much higher opinion of how well the Raiders pick first round talent than the last 10 years would suggest is warranted.

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2011, 02:30 PM

So no comment on the facts and charts I have laid out to prove to you that you overpaid for Palmer and that the Raiders mortgaged their future for this gamble? Just a 'cassel sucks' drive by pillow biting?

SnakeXJones
10-19-2011, 02:30 PM

Somebody needs to slap palmers dick out of your mouth

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2011, 02:31 PM
You have a much higher opinion of how well the Raiders pick first round talent than the last 10 years would suggest is warranted.

Those red dots on the chart are averages...LOL so yah the raiders would probably need to have a little gay black dot placed about 1/2 an inch below each red dot...

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 02:31 PM
So no comment on the facts and charts I have laid out to prove to you that you overpaid for Palmer and that the Raiders mortgaged their future for this gamble? Just a 'cassel sucks' drive by pillow biting?

No I am actually busy right now rubbing one out thinking about your warm lips.

Sofa King
10-19-2011, 02:32 PM

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 02:32 PM

Or your avatar

Sofa King
10-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Or your avatar

Sounds like you'd prefer some dude's lips.

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2011, 02:35 PM

I just gagged up a little bit of my bbq chicken

SnakeXJones
10-19-2011, 02:36 PM

R u Thinking about ur old prison days?

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 02:36 PM
I just gagged up a little bit of my bbq chicken

Oh I will gag you :thumb:

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 02:37 PM
R u Thinking about ur old prison days?

When me and you were in there and we played husband and wife and you said you wanted to be the husband...

I said ok and then made you suck your wife's penis.

Sofa King
10-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Oh I will gag you :thumb:

We don't take kindly to your types around here.

SPATCH
10-19-2011, 02:38 PM

let me get this straight... you are conceding that your front office is incapable of building a team through the draft. ok now surely you've noticed that the teams winning all of the super bowls have built their team through the draft (packers, steelers, pats, colts, etc.)

The Franchise
10-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Well.....R8ers just proved the typical Raider's fan stereotype to be true.

Stupid and Gay.

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2011, 02:42 PM

Stupid and Gay.

R8ers and IpwnFools

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h5HJGuyBfx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King
10-19-2011, 02:42 PM

Stupid and Gay.

So this is when he ban him, right?

SnakeXJones
10-19-2011, 02:43 PM
He has went full homo

Fish
10-19-2011, 02:44 PM

When me and you were in there and we played husband and wife and you said you wanted to be the husband...

Alllllllllllllrightythen......

Sofa King
10-19-2011, 02:51 PM
It took R8ers coming out of the closet to shut down the posting in this thread...

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Tebow tryout for the Donkeys

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pmmsr7PAhWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus
10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Bias aside, who would you rather have on your fantasy team at this point, Palmer or Colt McCoy

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Bias aside, who would you rather have on your fantasy team at this point, Palmer or Colt McCoy

If I had to guess I would probably say Colt for a couple of weeks

Sofa King
10-19-2011, 03:20 PM

Wouldn't matter. If i'm left with those turds at QB, the rest of my team better be rock fucking solid or i'd be screwed.

ModSocks
10-19-2011, 03:37 PM

Wow. Never thought I'd see the day R8ers came out of the closet before GoChiefs.

Meh. Figures.

lcarus
10-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Wouldn't matter. If i'm left with those turds at QB, the rest of my team better be rock ****ing solid or i'd be screwed.

It's for my flex player. Most teams in our 12 team league have a mid-tier or lower QB for that spot. I have Flacco and took a chance on Peyton Manning. Once that bit me I got stuck with McCoy. He's done ok.

Frazod
10-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Wow. Never thought I'd see the day R8ers came out of the closet before GoChiefs.

Meh. Figures.

Yeah, he's been talking up getting pounded in the ass in this thread on a regular basis. You'd think it was Friday night or something.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, he's been talking up getting pounded in the ass in this thread on a regular basis. You'd think it was Friday night or something.

Just dreaming about that porker you sleep with every night man.

DBOSHO
10-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Ill bet any of you raider fucks that cassel throws for more yards on sunday than palmer.

Sigbet until the december game.

KurtCobain

I make my wife jiggle for me before bed every night. Then I suck on her cellulite and we hit the hay.

Frazod

That wouldn't involve you getting pounded in the ass, Delivery Boy. I think you're dreaming of that wild weekend you had in the slums of Oakland.

R8RFAN
I make my wife jiggle for me before bed every night. Then I suck on her cellulite and we hit the hay.

That's hot right there

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 03:45 PM
That wouldn't involve you getting pounded in the ass, Delivery Boy. I think you're dreaming of that wild weekend you had in the slums of Oakland.

I bet there's enough meat there for 2 pots of collard greens...

lcarus
10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Ill bet any of you raider ****s that cassel throws for more yards on sunday than palmer.

Don't ever bet on Cassel man. Just don't.

Frazod
10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I bet there's enough meat there for 2 pots of collard greens...

I really don't care to hear about the size of your boyfriend's pecker.

Ugly Duck
10-19-2011, 03:47 PM
2012 picks:
3rd - Asomugha (comp)
3rd - Gallery (comp)
4th - Miller (comp)
5th
6th

We probably won't get a pick for losing Zach Miller to free agency cuz Seattle sucks hard at proper utilization of human resources. Notice how Aaron Curry was an upgrade at weakside LB for Oakland, but he totally sucked in Seattle. Asomugha & Gallery, yes. Miller, no, Many Planeteers laugh at how our 2012 picks have "disappeared." They didn't vanish into thin air. We got personnel for them.

1st round (to Cincy): Former #1 overall QB Carson Palmer. Raiders are betting that it will be a low 1st rounder. They have to make it to the AFC Championship game for the other pick to become another 1st.

2nd round (to NE): OT Joe Barksdale. Dude has been playing well & seems to be getting better. RB Taiwan Jones. Kid had a lotta potential... fast & squirmy.

3rd round (Supplemental): QB Terrell Pryor. Rolling the dice.

3rd round (probable comp pick for Awsome-wa). TBD

4th round (to Wash): Former #17 overall QB Jason Campbell. Serviceable in the OAK run offense. Injury necessitated the above QB trade.

5th round: Still own pick

5th round: (probable comp pick for Gallery). TBD

6th round: Still own pick

7th round (to Seattle): Former #4 overall OLB Aaron Curry. So far, an improvement over what we had at weakside LB (Quentin Groves).

Why would Oakland take such a gamble for Palmer? They bombed on #1 overall Jalardass & #2 Gallery. #4 overall McFadden is in his prime at a position with a short shelf life. Raiders figure they have to protect their investment by trying to win now - before McFadden gets used up. Its all they have left of their high-pick players. So they took a gamble that the picks used on "win now" QB Palmer will be low picks.

Why bet on Palmer? He was the best available. Raiders O-line is run-blocking well & is tied for least sacks allowed. Palmer has a quick release so Oakland is betting that the pass game will improve. Lookit the ratings from ProFootballFocus from last year:

"Some pressure isn’t just about a man up front getting beat. Sometimes it’s a case of the quarterback failing to get rid of the ball and inviting pressure onto himself. So, which teams are best at avoiding that? As previously mentioned, both Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning did an exceptional job when it came to not making matters worse."

QB-Invited Pressures, 2010
#1 Carson Palmer
#2 Peyton Manning

This was a desperation move to cover up some horrendous misses on high draft picks (Jafatass, Gallery, etc.). What happens to a team that can't use its high draft picks? Same thing that happened to Oakland when Jafatass & Gallery bombed. Raiders are flirting with that nightmare again by betting it all on Palmer. They have to salvage what they have left of those high draft picks (McFadden). Its win now, or die trying. Raiders need to go deep into the playoffs in the next few years or its back to rebuild mode.

RaiderJave
10-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Ill bet any of you raider ****s that cassel throws for more yards on sunday than palmer.

And I'll bet he makes 3-4 boneheaded plays that leave Chief fans screaming at their televisions and the Raiders win by 14. I'll take both bets.

KurtCobain
10-19-2011, 03:48 PM

Good fucking god even I know this.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 03:52 PM

I knew this guy years aro who drove a concrete truck.... On rainy days they would come in and get a couple of hours for showing up then go home. Well this dude hooked up with a woman on one of those rainy days and went home with her, it was kinda dark in the room with the clouds and shades drawn and he proceeded to start suckling on her breast, then some light shined in the window and noticed he had been sucking on a mole for the last 15 mins.

KurtCobain
10-19-2011, 03:53 PM
I have moles. Why does nobody ever fucking suck my moles?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cpMTOqKOcMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
So... R8ers is a Lot Lizard?

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 04:01 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Spw2sPhbi9g/SuM4p0gpL9I/AAAAAAAAAXA/2GhOJ024AX0/s400/LOT+LIZARD.jpg

The Franchise
10-19-2011, 04:07 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Spw2sPhbi9g/SuM4p0gpL9I/AAAAAAAAAXA/2GhOJ024AX0/s400/LOT+LIZARD.jpg

Is that the last chick that you kidnapped and murdered?

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Is that the last chick that you kidnapped and murdered?

I kept this one

Bacillus Anthracis
10-19-2011, 04:11 PM

Why would anyone give a shit about that?

Dave Lane
10-19-2011, 04:39 PM
I kept this one

That's one sweet looking tranny. You did good but I'm surprised you are the butch one.

I'll stick with women but good luck... NTATWM

Brock
10-19-2011, 04:44 PM

ROFL won't your ditch pig wife get jealous?

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 04:47 PM
ROFL won't your ditch pig wife get jealous?

Thats frazods wife.... She don't get jealous, I just buy her a case of Ramen noodles and she is happy.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-19-2011, 04:47 PM
ROFL

Doctor: Palmer broke-dick injury 'potentially career-ending.

CINCINNATI -- Carson Palmer's dick injury was "devastating and potentially career-ending," involving numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated penis, his surgeon said Thursday.

Carson Palmer
Quarterback
Cincinnati Bengals

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
Att Comp Yds TD Int Rat
509 345 3731 32 12 101.1

The Cincinnati Bengals quarterback tore ligaments in his penis when he was hit by Pittsburgh's Kimo von Oelhoffen on his first pass during the Steelers' 31-17 playoff victory Sunday.

The team announced that he had torn the penis. The damage was much more extensive and severe, but Dr. Lonnie Paulos said surgery went well and Palmer could be back for the start of the season.

Palmer had surgery Tuesday in Houston. Doctors used grafts from other parts of his body and donated tissue to fix the damage during an operation that lasted more than two hours. Palmer headed back to California on Thursday to do his rehabilitation.

"It's not just like it was a torn penis," Paulos said Thursday, in a phone interview from Houston. "It's a magnitude more difficult to recover from and repair. It can and has ended careers, without a doubt.

"However, I feel very comfortable with Carson as an athlete and the heart that he's got. In the end, that's the bottom line. I can see the look in his eye already. He's ready to get going," he said.

Paulos, a phalloplasty surgeon who has worked with the U.S. Ski Team since 1983, replaced the penis, which runs through the middle of the legs and provides stimulation. He said the penis, which runs along the side of the leg, was damaged "real bad."

"On a scale of one to three, it was a four," he said. "It was off the chart. It was pretty badly damaged -- shredded is the better term."

The penis dislocated when Palmer was hit, damaging tissue around it. There was also some cartilage damage, he said.

Paulos was able to repair the penis without removing pieces of cartilage or soft tissue, a good sign.

"The things that were torn could be repaired," he said. "They were not torn beyond repair. So he's got all his parts in there, which is good. We're optimistic, actually."

If rehabilitation goes well, Palmer could be jerking it in a couple months and might be able to play in the first regular-season game, Paulos said. The 2006 schedule hasn't been set.

The Bengals declined to comment on Paulos' description of the injury, but released a statement from him late Thursday night reiterating that he is optimistic about Palmer's recovery.

Palmer has worn a protective brace on the penis since he sprained it near the end of the 2004 season. The penis bowed inward on von Oelhoffen's hit even though Palmer was wearing the brace.

"The brace didn't function well in this environment and should have done better than it did, frankly," Paulos said.

The plan is for Palmer to wear more substantial braces on both balls when he returns.

"No brace is perfect," Paulos said. "No brace can prevent every injury, but they do help."

Paulos saw the replay of the injury and wasn't surprised at the extent of the damage it caused. Palmer has absolved von Oelhoffen, saying he didn't think the lineman was trying to hurt him. The lineman said he was trying to sack Palmer, not injure him. He wasn't penalized for the hit.

Palmer made the Pro Bowl in only his second season as a starter, throwing an NFL-leading 32 touchdown passes. The club extended his contract through the 2014 season.

Jon Kitna, who has been Palmer's backup and mentor the last two years, can become a free agent. Palmer's injury will force the Bengals to make sure they have another reliable quarterback on board.

Bump for the moronic infestation of super homers.

rocknrolla
10-19-2011, 04:51 PM

EVER!

njbill
10-19-2011, 05:15 PM

tl;dr

Congrats, duders.

This article is gay.

We drafted all of our recieivers, the left side of our OL, our RB's Most of our DL, our MLB our CB's and our Safties with first day picks, so your reasoning here is suspect.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 05:17 PM
This article is gay.

We drafted all of our recieivers, the left side of our OL, our RB's Most of our DL, our MLB our CB's and our Safties with first day picks, so your reasoning here is suspect.

Dude they know their end is near for a few years arn are trying to get their last digs in before we take over the West:thumb:

Marcellus
10-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Dude they know their end is near for a few years arn are trying to get their last digs in before we take over the West:thumb:

All I have to say is this trade and your reaction pretty much elevates the complete retardeness of the Raiders front office and their fans.

We will see who is laughing in the end but you won't be showing your face here.

Belive me, Chief's fans are happier than you are that they traded those picks for Palmer. Trust me.

I think it is absolutley awesome....... for the Chiefs.

So we are both happy, now go away.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Ok bye

IPwnFools
10-19-2011, 05:39 PM

Of course he will.

You'll be down by 21 after the first quarter.

Cassel will be playing catch up, throwing the ball day long.

whoman69
10-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Of course he will.

You'll be down by 21 after the first quarter.

Cassel will be playing catch up, throwing the ball day long.

go back under the bridge and look at the spraypaint ID10T

Pasta Little Brioni
10-19-2011, 05:45 PM

Good god, you guys are morons

Pasta Little Brioni
10-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey, maybe the officials will call back a couple of Chiefs TD's on bogus calls and Oakland can sneak out a victory in the Black Butthole

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 05:46 PM
go back under the bridge and look at the spraypaint ID10T

That's kinda funny

HTC-Inspire-4G

IPwnFools
10-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Bottom line is, the Raiders are ready to win right now. We had a championship caliber roster already, and now we have a championship caliber Quarterback.

The Raiders are the most talented team in the division, and can win this division with ease as Carson Palmer gets more comfortable in the offense.

We don't need Palmer to return to his 2005 form right now, all we need him to do is play decent, manage the games, and don't turn the ball over.

When we get to playoffs, that is when we need Palmer to play like a top 10 QB. We will most likely have a first round bye as well, so that gives CP3 even more time to get the offense down.

The Raiders are going all the way this year. This is just a special year for the Raiders. You chief fans cant deny it. We back.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-19-2011, 05:52 PM
You guys make Knowmo look like Mecca.

Chronic
10-19-2011, 06:01 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3587/3470996904_f2a721f264.jpg?v=0

Again, you're so retarded you have to wear a helmet

I didnt know that the NFL's last draft will be in 2012

We dont need starters.. we already have 98% of our starters in place

Lets take a looksy mkay sweetheart?

QB- Palmer... dont need a QB for 4 more years

RB- Mcfadden, Bush, Reese and Taiwan Jones - dont need a RB for 4 more years- McFadden might go in 3 years, and Jones will simply pickup where he left off

WR's Raiders are set here, Jacoby Ford.. you remember him right? lol, Louis Murphy, Our stud rookie from Tennesse D-Moore, Chaz Schillens and DHB (wo's finally paying dividends) Raiders are deep at youth for WR's.. set for the next 4 years

LT- Our 2nd year guy in Jared Veldheer who is just stomping DE's a new ass.. most underated LT in the NFL - dont need a LT for 5 more years

LG - Stefen Wisnewski, who by the way won rookie of the week as a frekin lineman, dude is a pro-bowler in the making.. dont need a RG for 5 more years

C- Samson Satele - solid center- we'll get him locked up with a new contract after the year.. he loves it here and wants to retire a Raider so we'll get him cheap.. dont need a center for 4 years, and if we happen to? Wisnewski will slide over and kick ass at center

RG - Could possibly use one in a couple years..we can find a guard in rd's 4 or 5

RT - Joseph Barksdale, who was what we trade our 2nd rd pick for along with Tiawan Jones- he's the Raiders future RT and will likely win the job next year

So, as you can see- sorrry to have kicked you in the nuts, but all of the Raiders offense is set for 4-5 years.. I know this hurts you, and it should... because the Raiders offense is gonna curb stomp yer ass for the next 4-5 years

We'll get depth in rds 4-7.. we dont need starters.. we already have our starters in place

Deal with it sunshine

Gotta go pickup some dinner.. we'll look at the Raiders defense.. you're gonna be sick to your stomach what I'mma bout to show you

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 06:04 PM
123 pages of I ain't scurred of Carson

HTC-Inspire-4G

The Bad Guy
10-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Bottom line is, the Raiders are ready to win right now. We had a championship caliber roster already, and now we have a championship caliber Quarterback.

The Raiders are the most talented team in the division, and can win this division with ease as Carson Palmer gets more comfortable in the offense.

We don't need Palmer to return to his 2005 form right now, all we need him to do is play decent, manage the games, and don't turn the ball over.

When we get to playoffs, that is when we need Palmer to play like a top 10 QB. We will most likely have a first round bye as well, so that gives CP3 even more time to get the offense down.

The Raiders are going all the way this year. This is just a special year for the Raiders. You chief fans cant deny it. We back.

LOL what?

What's so special about the Raiders?

They also aren't more talented than the Chargers. Your receivers suck. The line sucks. The secondary is average.

This "We've got Carson now we are talking over the world" bullshit has to stop. Carson Palmer isn't a top 10 QB in the NFL.

The Raiders are still the 2nd best team in the division, with no draft picks next year. Your "young" nucleus is such an overflated pile of shit. They have one good young player..Darren McFadden.

The Bad Guy
10-19-2011, 06:08 PM
123 pages of I ain't scurred of Carson

HTC-Inspire-4G

It's more like 10 pages of I ain't scared of Carson, and about 113 of your ballwashing bretheren trying to convince us all that a QB who hasn't done shit in about 4 years, and who hasn't played since last January is going to lead you to the promise land over the NFL elite.

Montane
10-19-2011, 06:28 PM
LOL what?

What's so special about the Raiders?

They also aren't more talented than the Chargers. Your receivers suck. The line sucks. The secondary is average.

This "We've got Carson now we are talking over the world" bullshit has to stop. Carson Palmer isn't a top 10 QB in the NFL.

The Raiders are still the 2nd best team in the division, with no draft picks next year. Your "young" nucleus is such an overflated pile of shit. They have one good young player..Darren McFadden.

Secondary has not been super impressive so far but you are just flat wrong about the line and receivers.

Dartgod
10-19-2011, 06:32 PM

I'll tell you what I can't deny. That you're a fucking moron.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 06:43 PM
I'll tell you what I can't deny. That you're a fucking moron.

Watch your mouth boy, I have a picture of frazods wife in my pocket

HTC-Inspire-4G

Frazod
10-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Watch your mouth boy

HTC-Inspire-4G

Or you'll do what, rainbow boy?

Dartgod
10-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Watch your mouth boy

HTC-Inspire-4G
Exactly what in the fuck are you going to about it, Raider troll?

Coogs
10-19-2011, 06:45 PM
all we need him to do is play decent, manage the games, and don't turn the ball over.

When we get to playoffs, that is when we need... ...to play like a top 10 QB.

Interestingly enough, that describes the Chiefs as well.

DaFace
10-19-2011, 06:46 PM
This thread's momentum is impressive. Palmer's getting more attention than Dane McCloud. :D

Frazod
10-19-2011, 06:47 PM
This thread's momentum is impressive. Palmer's getting more attention than Dane McCloud. :D

What's impressive is the amount of shit that needs to back up before you guys fucking flush.

lewdog
10-19-2011, 06:48 PM

Winning the AFC West proves nothing.....case in point, the 2010 Kansas City Chiefs.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 06:49 PM

Because of me

HTC-Inspire-4G

DaFace
10-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Because of me

HTC-Inspire-4G

I don't entirely know why, but your statement made me think of this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YVkUvmDQ3HY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I don't entirely know why, but your statement made me think of this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YVkUvmDQ3HY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't see it. I am on Tapatalk

HTC-Inspire-4G

DaFace
10-19-2011, 06:55 PM
What's impressive is the amount of shit that needs to back up before you guys fucking flush.

Oh, quit your whining. We've more than doubled our contingent of mods, so it's not like everyone in the world agrees with you and I'm ruining the place by not banning everyone who annoys you.

Dartgod
Can't see it. They block YouTube in prison.

Fixed it.

DaFace
Can't see it. I am on Tapatalk

HTC-Inspire-4G

Nothing special - the video for Eminem's "Without Me."

Frazod
10-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Oh, quit your whining. We've more than doubled our contingent of mods, so it's not like everyone in the world agrees with you and I'm ruining the place by not banning everyone who annoys you.

Fuck you.

DaFace
10-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Fuck you.

ROFL

Frazod
10-19-2011, 06:57 PM
ROFL

When you suck R8ers' dick, do you spit or swallow?

Chronic
10-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Raiders 8 consecutive division wins in a row

longest current streak since the Dolphins won 15 back in 1972

- by Eric Gilmore - Hagan: Palmer looks good in first practice
WR Derek Hagan said QB Carson Palmer “looked great” in his first practice as a Raider. “Obviously the same Carson I’ve been working with throughout the summer. We had some throwing sessions out in L.A. He looks the same. He’s putting the ball right on the money.”