PDA

View Full Version : Football Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

TambaBerry
12-20-2019, 12:19 PM
penalties killed me this week

carlos3652
12-20-2019, 12:26 PM
penalties killed me this week

I have a hypothesis around penalties. And i'm measuring my findings on it based on game play. There is a correlation there.

Hammock Parties
12-20-2019, 12:40 PM
"Who can't throw the ball downfield...."

Brees didn't.

Yeah, the Kelce complaint is legit (and legitimately hilarious; god I love seeing those 10 targets for 2 catches, 8 yards and a drop lines from the guy), but you're just lashing out at anything at this point.

If you're irritated about Brees not throwing the ball downfield or not doing it well, I'm just not sure why - he DOESN'T.

When I say "downfield," again, not deep balls.

My passing game isn't functioning as it should, given my excellent OL, multiple deep threats, playmaking TE, deadly running attack.

It's neither consistent nor efficient. It seems to waffle between "BREES HITS EVANS FOR 25 YARDS!!!" and "Kelce for a two yard loss"

That's not Brees.

Kelce would absolutely destroy shit with Brees.

Rukdafaidas
12-20-2019, 01:03 PM
I have a hypothesis around penalties. And i'm measuring my findings on it based on game play. There is a correlation there.

Tell me more. Penalties are killing me.

TambaBerry
12-20-2019, 01:05 PM
DJ trade me your pick

carlos3652
12-20-2019, 01:37 PM
Tell me more. Penalties are killing me.

Have you gone back to look at what kind of penalties you are having and who is committing them.

Start there.

Rukdafaidas
12-20-2019, 01:51 PM
Have you gone back to look at what kind of penalties you are having and who is committing them.

Start there.

Most of my penalties this year have been personal fouls, mostly against my DE's. I think they're having a competition to see who can get the most penalty yards for the season.

Rain Man
12-20-2019, 01:56 PM
Most of my penalties this year have been personal fouls, mostly against my DE's. I think they're having a competition to see who can get the most penalty yards for the season.

Check to see if they're Jacksonville Jaguars.

Titty Meat
12-20-2019, 01:59 PM
Top 10 pick is a lock. I purposely benched Michel to limit the number of carries. Some guy named free agent had 101 on the ground and 109 receiving

DJ's left nut
12-20-2019, 02:04 PM
DJ trade me your pick

Would have but didn't see the request.

Really like the Harris snag this late though. Rounds out a top shelf defensive backfield nicely.

carlos3652
12-20-2019, 02:07 PM

I figured as much. Do the break out though... you might be able to see a pattern.

TambaBerry
12-20-2019, 02:15 PM
Would have but didn't see the request.

Really like the Harris snag this late though. Rounds out a top shelf defensive backfield nicely.

Yeah im pretty happy with my secondary of
Kyle Fuller
Marshon Lattimore
J.C. Jackson
Kevin Byard
Shawn Williams

DJ's left nut
12-20-2019, 02:57 PM
Denzel Ward
Charvarius Ward
Chris Harris Jr
Eddie Jackson
Anthony Harris

Not as much certainty in mine; I think you can pretty confidently project good things from Fuller, Lattimore and Byard, but I think I have a ton of upside in the Ward pairing and Eddie Jackson was an All Pro last year; a little down but still very good this year and only in his 3rd season.

The hope is that they'll have less of a burden on this squad with Dak at QB throwing to Julio, Allen Robinson, James Washington and Dallas Goedert; think I got him some excellent weapons.

This team's gonna have more glaring holes than League 1 and I don't think it has as much long-term upside (a couple ticks older here and there), but there's more near term star power and it can be pretty dangerous out of the box.

carlos3652
12-20-2019, 04:06 PM
Denzel Ward
Charvarius Ward
Chris Harris Jr
Eddie Jackson
Anthony Harris

Not as much certainty in mine; I think you can pretty confidently project good things from Fuller, Lattimore and Byard, but I think I have a ton of upside in the Ward pairing and Eddie Jackson was an All Pro last year; a little down but still very good this year and only in his 3rd season.

The hope is that they'll have less of a burden on this squad with Dak at QB throwing to Julio, Allen Robinson, James Washington and Dallas Goedert; think I got him some excellent weapons.

This team's gonna have more glaring holes than League 1 and I don't think it has as much long-term upside (a couple ticks older here and there), but there's more near term star power and it can be pretty dangerous out of the box.

That’s how I drafted in league 1. (The same way you are drafting in 2). I figure I’ll have 1-3 good years and then tank when others have their young studs start producing.

DJ's left nut
12-20-2019, 04:20 PM
That’s how I drafted in league 1. (The same way you are drafting in 2). I figure I’ll have 1-3 good years and then tank when others have their young studs start producing.

I drafted 25 guys in league 1 - the average age of those 25 was 23.04 years old as of the 2018 season (year 1 of the league).

I drafted 3 guys that were 26; they were 3 of my starting offensive linemen (who have naturally longer shelf lives), one more that was 25 (also an offensive lineman) and every other player I drafted was 24 or younger. 10 of them were 22 or younger.

So take heart guys in league 1 - that team that's 7-1 is comprised of infants that'll all be around for a looooong time (which, in NFL terms, is about 4 seasons).

I had no way to build around a quarterback so I figured I'd build around youth and hope to stumble into one over the next few years. Guess I should've taken Lamar Jackson afterall...

wheeler08
12-20-2019, 05:03 PM
I drafted 25 guys in league 1 - the average age of those 25 was 23.04 years old as of the 2018 season (year 1 of the league).

I drafted 3 guys that were 26; they were 3 of my starting offensive linemen (who have naturally longer shelf lives), one more that was 25 (also an offensive lineman) and every other player I drafted was 24 or younger. 10 of them were 22 or younger.

So take heart guys in league 1 - that team that's 7-1 is comprised of infants that'll all be around for a looooong time (which, in NFL terms, is about 4 seasons).

I had no way to build around a quarterback so I figured I'd build around youth and hope to stumble into one over the next few years. Guess I should've taken Lamar Jackson afterall...

How much free time do you have in your life that you looked up everyone’s age and done math?

Rain Man
12-20-2019, 05:27 PM
How much free time do you have in your life that you looked up everyone’s age and done math?

This is important stuff. He's going to make time for it.

DJ's left nut
12-20-2019, 05:33 PM

pro football reference ain't hard to navigate, hoss. And the season index makes running an index with an age limit as easy as typing 2 numbers and clicking search.

And Excel will do all that math crap for ya. If you're gonna manage a cap, you're gonna have to write this stuff down. I go so far as to stagger the contracts of my key personnel to make sure they won't hit FA.

If you're gonna do something, do it well.

carlos3652
12-20-2019, 07:45 PM
pro football reference ain't hard to navigate, hoss. And the season index makes running an index with an age limit as easy as typing 2 numbers and clicking search.

And Excel will do all that math crap for ya. If you're gonna manage a cap, you're gonna have to write this stuff down. I go so far as to stagger the contracts of my key personnel to make sure they won't hit FA.

If you're gonna do something, do it well.

Amen. I’ve downloaded many excels from PFR. I love how they let you manipulate their queries to get exactly what you need.

lewdog
12-20-2019, 09:00 PM
How come some teams have a KR or PR and many other teams like mine have free agents in those positions? I don't even see an option for changing this?

TambaBerry
12-20-2019, 10:31 PM
the players that get put on teams automatically needs to change, some people get some insane players like a guy who has 16.5 sacks this season just magically appears on their team

carlos3652
12-20-2019, 10:56 PM
the players that get put on teams automatically needs to change, some people get some insane players like a guy who has 16.5 sacks this season just magically appears on their team

It was based on 2018 stats - not this season.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2019, 02:50 PM

Sent you a trade offer; have a spare return man and thought you might be interested in a return man/slot receiver for a LBer. I could use the help at the WLB spot and have my slot guy squared away with Washington and return duties covered w/ Andre Roberts.

TambaBerry
12-21-2019, 03:28 PM
Sent you a trade offer; have a spare return man and thought you might be interested in a return man/slot receiver for a LBer. I could use the help at the WLB spot and have my slot guy squared away with Washington and return duties covered w/ Andre Roberts.

I can't afford to give up a lb I've only drafted one lol

DJ's left nut
12-21-2019, 03:44 PM
I can't afford to give up a lb I've only drafted one lol

You planned on a 4-3? If you're looking 3-4 I could flip you Bowser for a guy that fits my 4-3 a little better. Straight LB for LB swap, though I know that doesn't exactly solve your depth problem.

cdcox
12-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Lineups are available for week 9.

cdcox
12-22-2019, 10:13 AM
I have been busy with work and family stuff and let the drafting algorithm make 3 of my last 4 selections. Not a good strategy for building a good team.

wheeler08
12-22-2019, 10:50 AM
Lineups are available for week 9.

When is the game sim?

cdcox
12-22-2019, 11:03 AM
When is the game sim?

Monday. You should have received an email.

MagicHef
12-23-2019, 03:28 PM
Yikes. I just realized that I've been starting my worst CB. Not sure how long, maybe all season. I'm interested to see the change in my defense now that he's been benched.

DJ's left nut
12-23-2019, 03:42 PM
Yikes. I just realized that I've been starting my worst CB. Not sure how long, maybe all season. I'm interested to see the change in my defense now that he's been benched.

And my CB1 and FS1 were injured.

So suddenly the complete lack of defense in that game makes a little more sense. Big plays all over the field in our tilt.

wheeler08
12-23-2019, 06:19 PM
Can we suspend league 2 draft starting end of tonight, until the morning of the 26th?

carlos3652
12-23-2019, 08:40 PM
Pins and needles waiting on this sim to start lol :)

cdcox
12-24-2019, 12:53 PM
Can we suspend league 2 draft starting end of tonight, until the morning of the 26th?

Okay, I think I paused the draft. We'll pick up again Thursday morning.

cdcox
12-24-2019, 12:53 PM
Sims are going up. We will sim again Thrusday everning. I will make the rosters available in a few minutes.

TambaBerry
12-24-2019, 01:06 PM
I just don't understand how Peyton Barber runs for 171 yards against my defense but whatever

carlos3652
12-24-2019, 01:33 PM
Ugh, I waited all that time for that disappointment.

Back to the drawing board.

DJ's left nut
12-24-2019, 01:37 PM
Yuck - ugly loss.

Hard to pinpoint any specific problem - everyone just kinda sucked. 3rd down rate cratered again, but we couldn't run the ball, couldn't push the ball downfield, couldn't generate turnovers, couldn't get 'em off the field. 15 carries for 48 yards from Johnson is probably what really set me up for failure.

Ultimately it probably shoulda been worse than 28-21. Just never did get anything working apart from a nice punt return from Kirk. Probably also not a great idea to get butt-fucked by Eric Ebron (c'mon, Derwin - that's your job brah).

That's a Chiefs v. Colts game right there. The team just didn't come ready to play and was flat against a squad it probably shoulda beat. Damn.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2019, 01:42 PM
This needs fixing. Should have got 3 points here. Could have cost me the game.

2nd Q 0:01 3rd and inches Aberdeen 41 Drew Brees (pressured) passes complete to Travis Kelce for a gain of 31 yards. PENALTY.

Roughing the Passer on De'Vondre Campbell. 15 yards. Penalty declined.

Aberdeen 21, Canton 7

Otherwise, my amazing team remains in the thick of the wild card hunt. Offense soared back to life this week.

DJ's left nut
12-24-2019, 01:42 PM
Yikes - the moment that game came apart:

Columbia
3rd Q 12:22 1st and 10 Columbia 20 Ryan Fitzpatrick sacked by Lorenzo Alexander for a loss of -4 yards.
3rd Q 11:46 2nd and 14 Columbia 16 Kerryon Johnson rushes for 1 yards.
3rd Q 11:04 3rd and 13 Columbia 17 Kerryon Johnson rushes for 4 yards.
3rd Q 10:22 4th and 9 Columbia 21 JK Scott punts 35 yards, punt downed with no return.
Blue Springs 14, Columbia 14

Get the ball at the 20 of a tie game, immediately tank the drive w/ a couple of completely ineffective running plays while behind the sticks, then duff the hell out of the punt.

Blue Springs immediately drives down on the short field to take the 21-14 lead and put us behind the 8-ball.

Rain Man
12-24-2019, 01:52 PM
In the first quarter, Vail lost a safety against our opponent because of a neutral zone infraction. We then avoided a safety a few minutes later because our opponent had a neutral zone infraction. Then we took a safety for real three plays later, which was the eventual margin of victory.

The defenses came to play in this game for the first 58 minutes. Then they both collapsed.

Rain Man
12-24-2019, 01:55 PM
Hey, ThaVirus, you got a turnover!

Denver
3rd Q 0:45 Ryan Succop kicks 70 yards. No return. Touchback
3rd Q 0:45 1st and 10 Denver 25 Matthew Stafford (pressured) passes 7 yards intercepted by Kamu Grugier-Hill and returned 6 yards.
Denver 40, Miami 21

Miami
3rd Q 0:33 1st and 10 Denver 26 Mitchell Trubisky passes incomplete to Ryan Switzer. PENALTY. Neutral Zone Infraction on Thomas Davis. 5 yards.
3rd Q 0:25 1st and 5 Denver 21 Mitchell Trubisky passes 17 yards intercepted by Charvarius Ward and returned 0 yards.

Haha. That helped you for 23 seconds.

ThaVirus
12-24-2019, 02:06 PM
Hey, ThaVirus, you got a turnover!

Denver

3rd Q 0:45Ryan Succop kicks 70 yards. No return. Touchback

3rd Q 0:451st and 10Denver 25Matthew Stafford (pressured) passes 7 yards intercepted by Kamu Grugier-Hill and returned 6 yards.

Denver 40, Miami 21

Miami

3rd Q 0:331st and 10Denver 26Mitchell Trubisky passes incomplete to Ryan Switzer. PENALTY. Neutral Zone Infraction on Thomas Davis. 5 yards.

3rd Q 0:251st and 5Denver 21Mitchell Trubisky passes 17 yards intercepted by Charvarius Ward and returned 0 yards.

Haha. That helped you for 23 seconds.

LOL I was like “Oh, man. This is it! Comeback starts now.”..... Aaaand it’s gone.

This game was all on me. I completely changed the game plan to test some things out and paid for it dearly. I figured I’d try to jack up the blitz rates to create more turnovers and it worked, but at the cost of allowing huge plays nearly every snap. So I need to find balance.

ThaVirus
12-24-2019, 02:07 PM
What was up with the free kick in our game? Midway through the 3rd quarter.

I’ve got 2nd and 13 and eat a 5 yard sack which should set me up with a 3rd and 18. Then I free kick it?

MagicHef
12-24-2019, 02:08 PM
Wow. Lost the turnover battle 2-0, but eeked out an OT win. That was a fun game.

Rain Man
12-24-2019, 02:18 PM
What was up with the free kick in our game? Midway through the 3rd quarter.

I’ve got 2nd and 13 and eat a 5 yard sack which should set me up with a 3rd and 18. Then I free kick it?

You were on your 3 when you took the sack. Did you not see Maurice Hurst dancing and making the safety sign? (Maurice is a Raider, so you have to excuse the lack of class.)

ThaVirus
12-24-2019, 02:24 PM
You were on your 3 when you took the sack. Did you not see Maurice Hurst dancing and making the safety sign? (Maurice is a Raider, so you have to excuse the lack of class.)

Ah, OK. I wasn’t paying attention to our position on the field.

Apparently neither was Trubisky.

Titty Meat
12-24-2019, 02:41 PM
Fuck yes shut out! Chase Young gonna be mine

Rain Man
12-24-2019, 03:03 PM
Ah, OK. I wasn’t paying attention to our position on the field.

Apparently neither was Trubisky.

But if you look at his highlight reel, it looks a lot like Patrick Mahomes'.

Rain Man
12-24-2019, 03:04 PM
**** yes shut out! Chase Young gonna be mine

You're winning the long game.

TambaBerry
12-24-2019, 03:33 PM
Fuck yes shut out! Chase Young gonna be mine

It's 2019 rookies there bro so bosa

wheeler08
12-24-2019, 04:00 PM
The only 8-1 team in the league sports the leading MVP candidate Zeke! Defense really came alive today with 5 sacks and a safety. They really shut down Goff. I didn’t change anything on defense but it says I had 50% pressure rate. I even had backups getting sacks. Penalties were a problem again.
As long as Capt Kirk doesn’t play on Monday night, this train keeps a rollin’

Oh....and it’s Bosa time bitches!

Titty Meat
12-24-2019, 04:06 PM
It's 2019 rookies there bro so bosa

EVEN BETTER

ntexascardfan
12-24-2019, 04:19 PM
Is the lock draft board and activate auto-draft feature broken?

I set my draft board knowing I wouldn't likely be around to make my pick and the sim drafted a player that wasn't set on my draft board.

cdcox
12-24-2019, 04:27 PM
Is the lock draft board and activate auto-draft feature broken?

I set my draft board knowing I wouldn't likely be around to make my pick and the sim drafted a player that wasn't set on my draft board.

Which team is yours?

Also it does not look like the draft is paused, despite my earlier statement.

TambaBerry
12-24-2019, 04:28 PM
The only 8-1 team in the league sports the leading MVP candidate Zeke! Defense really came alive today with 5 sacks and a safety. They really shut down Goff. I didn’t change anything on defense but it says I had 50% pressure rate. I even had backups getting sacks. Penalties were a problem again.

Must be nice to actually get sacks

ntexascardfan
12-24-2019, 04:31 PM
Which team is yours?

Also it does not look like the draft is paused, despite my earlier statement.

Colorado Springs Ascent

My auto-draft was correctly set and the blue check mark was on, which I assume means it should take the next pick on my list.

I had Connor Williams as my autopick and it auto-assigned me Curtis Riley instead.

cdcox
12-24-2019, 04:35 PM
Colorado Springs Ascent

My auto-draft was correctly set and the blue check mark was on, which I assume means it should take the next pick on my list.

I had Connor Williams as my autopick and it auto-assigned me Curtis Riley instead.

I will fix it. Hold on.

ntexascardfan
12-24-2019, 04:38 PM
I will fix it. Hold on.

Thanks you! I have a hypothesis on what may have caused it.

When I set my autodraft last night I had listed Rashaan Evans first and then my second choice was Connor Williams.

Rashaan Evans was taken a few picks before me and wasn't available.

I'm curious if the sim logic was confused and instead of taking my second choice just assigned me a player?

cdcox
12-24-2019, 05:26 PM
Thanks you! I have a hypothesis on what may have caused it.

When I set my autodraft last night I had listed Rashaan Evans first and then my second choice was Connor Williams.

Rashaan Evans was taken a few picks before me and wasn't available.

I'm curious if the sim logic was confused and instead of taking my second choice just assigned me a player?

Okay, done. It took a while longer because I had to take a break to watch the sunset here at the gulf division office of Sandbox Simulations.

I'm wondering if when I changed a flag to pause the draft (that obviously didn't happen) it messed up some of the auto pick functions. Hopefully we are back on track.

ntexascardfan
12-24-2019, 05:36 PM
Okay, done. It took a while longer because I had to take a break to watch the sunset here at the gulf division office of Sandbox Simulations.

I'm wondering if when I changed a flag to pause the draft (that obviously didn't happen) it messed up some of the auto pick functions. Hopefully we are back on track.

That might be the case. I let the draft board sit in autopick for my next pick a few minutes ago and it didn't autopick my second pick either.

I ended up turning off autopick and manually made the pick.

Rain Man
12-24-2019, 05:46 PM

Hopefully that was the issue. I've been using autodraft for most picks without issue, though I also think I've gotten my first pick every time. (I'm generally moving players around a lot and only lock in autopick when I'm getting close to picking.)

wheeler08
12-24-2019, 07:38 PM
I will never trust autopick

carlos3652
12-24-2019, 08:33 PM

Gg wheeler.

MagicHef
12-26-2019, 10:33 AM
The site seems to be down.

Rain Man
12-26-2019, 10:34 AM
The site seems to be down.

Yeah, I just inquired with cdcox. I think it's a network server thing unrelated to us.

cdcox
12-26-2019, 11:30 AM
I can't access either. I'm checking on it.

carlos3652
12-26-2019, 11:44 AM
Thanks guys for looking into it :)

Hydrae
12-26-2019, 05:07 PM
I am a little surprised that it is still down.

cdcox
12-26-2019, 05:49 PM
Something weird happened. It was working fine, I changed nothing , now it’s broke. It appears to be at the interface between two vendors. One has replied with non-helpful information, I’m still waiting on the other.

carlos3652
12-26-2019, 06:13 PM
Did the hosting server have a faulty extension or updated software in the last 24 hours? Seems weird unless they took a vacation and the devs are not monitoring their sites lol

ntexascardfan
12-26-2019, 06:47 PM
Too much pornhub from CDCOX's computer is the likely culprit.

carlos3652
12-27-2019, 08:50 AM
Well this stinks :(

Rain Man
12-27-2019, 09:08 AM
It's no good because it's something outside our control. We just have to wait for some mysterious person at some mysterious company to decide to fix it.

cdcox
12-27-2019, 07:26 PM
Really frustrating since I didn't touch a thing. I am working through solutions and making a little progress, but not as fast as I would like. Likely the site will be down for a few more days with weekend coming (support staff don't work during the weekend). Stay tuned.

PHOG
12-28-2019, 10:19 AM
Damn it, and I was really going define my team with the punter and kicker positions. :hmmm:

wazu
12-28-2019, 10:59 AM
Damn it, and I was really going define my team with the punter and kicker positions. :hmmm:

NOOOOOO! That’s what I was gonna do.

wheeler08
12-30-2019, 06:14 AM
If you guys are wanting to take this commercial, I think I’d be getting serious about finding another web hosting company. This is kinda a joke. I’ve never heard of a website being down for days for no reason

cdcox
12-30-2019, 06:31 AM
I’m on AWS , so most of the server management is on me. Needless to say I’m not experienced in this area. To me it is frustrating that something could be working fine and then break without me changing anything.

wheeler08
12-30-2019, 06:36 AM
I’m on AWS , so most of the server management is on me. Needless to say I’m not experienced in this area. To me it is frustrating that something could be working fine and then break without me changing anything.

Still no customer support? I hope you don’t lose everything! It was humming along like a well oiled machine, crazy that it just crashed. I don’t know anything about server mgmt either, or else I’d offer to help. I just use GoDaddy for my company website and I’ve never had to mess with it beside updating site from time to time

cdcox
12-30-2019, 06:48 AM
Still no customer support? I hope you don’t lose everything! It was humming along like a well oiled machine, crazy that it just crashed. I don’t know anything about server mgmt either, or else I’d offer to help. I just use GoDaddy for my company website and I’ve never had to mess with it beside updating site from time to time

The support package we pay for is only available M-F. I’ve had 3 exchanges with them but it is an incremental process. And our site is considerably more complex with a lot more dependencies than a static website or a Wordpress page.

Rain Man
12-30-2019, 11:13 AM

Yeah, I suspect it's a minor problem, but it just occurred at the worst possible timing. It's obviously a major malfunction from a business standpoint so we'll need to figure out how to prevent it from happening again.

cdcox
12-30-2019, 08:13 PM
We're back up. I finally cracked the code.

cdcox
12-30-2019, 08:39 PM
If anyone's league 2 pick was messed up by the delay, please let me know ASAP so I can try to fix it.

cdcox
12-30-2019, 08:41 PM
I'll sim week 10 on New Year's day.

Rain Man
12-30-2019, 08:43 PM
We're back up. I finally cracked the code.

This man is a hero. He's the Ryan Fitzpatrick of Sandbox.

MagicHef
12-30-2019, 09:15 PM
If anyone's league 2 pick was messed up by the delay, please let me know ASAP so I can try to fix it.

My pick looks good.

ntexascardfan
12-30-2019, 09:24 PM

An every day man, Nicholas Cage.

cdcox
12-30-2019, 09:30 PM

Heh, if i knew servers and networks better it would not have been down so long.

I guess the comparison works though, since if Ryan Fitzpatrick were a better QB, he would have led a fewer number of upsets.

Hammock Parties
12-31-2019, 04:28 PM
Week 10 is simming tomorrow. Just a heads up guys. Set your lineups.

PHOG
12-31-2019, 06:25 PM
My picks are fine, I just wished I had picked my punter and field goal kicker/kick off specialist sooner.

ntexascardfan
01-01-2020, 06:06 PM
What's the next steps in league 2 after the initial draft finishes?

lewdog
01-01-2020, 06:16 PM

You start talking shit.

cdcox
01-01-2020, 06:29 PM

We will do a quick free agency then begin to simulate games.

carlos3652
01-01-2020, 07:21 PM
I was demolished by TheVirus. Outscored 28-0 in the second half - I’m not sure how defenses are adjusting in game - but it’s really frustrating playing these games and playing very well in the first half and leading and then getting demolished in the second half.

Rukdafaidas
01-01-2020, 07:49 PM
Wow, that was a thriller.....Double OT. Good game, DJ. I didn't think I was going to pull that one out.

Rain Man
01-01-2020, 08:02 PM
The Billygoats threw everything at Andrew Luck this week. Has anyone ever beat a 67.7 percent pressure rating in a game? Vail went 0-8 on third downs, but Andrew Luck can beat a blitz. He threw for six touchdowns, including four to Cooper Kupp.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2020, 08:02 PM
Finally my defense is playing like it's supposed to.

Frank Clark with a juicy 4-sack game.

Game should have been 31-10, but the sim erroneously gave Drew Brees an INT on a screen pass, the second time that has happened this year. Please fix this obvious bug.

The Anarchy pull into a tie with the Ermines for the wild-card spot.

Titty Meat
01-01-2020, 08:05 PM
The Billygoats threw everything at Andrew Luck this week. Has anyone ever beat a 67.7 percent pressure rating in a game? Vail went 0-8 on third downs, but Andrew Luck can beat a blitz. He threw for six touchdowns, including four to Cooper Kupp.

I finally score a good amount of points and my stellar defense shits the bed

lewdog
01-01-2020, 08:15 PM
Due to injuries, Phoenix is running with a Street Free Agent QB for the next 3 games.

Not gonna win these games. Surprised they kept it as close, losing 19-17.

Rain Man
01-01-2020, 08:17 PM
I finally score a good amount of points and my stellar defense shits the bed

I'm not even sure how. I was terrible on third downs, but I guess they just kept moving the ball.

Rain Man
01-01-2020, 08:18 PM
Denver game-planned to stop the Crown Point running game, but was unsuccessful. Our offense has been bogging down lately for some reason, and Kamara didn't get enough looks. I'll study the film and learn going forward.

cdcox
01-01-2020, 08:35 PM
Sorry about not announcing the sims earlier. Tonight was a lot like the scene in Goodfellas where Ray Liota is cooking dinner, while selling guns, dodging helicopters, taping cocaine to the babysitter, and visiting his girlfriend. Except the main thing I was doing was cooking (duck two ways) and trying to fit sims in between. No drugs and no women other than my wife and daughter hanging out.

ThaVirus
01-01-2020, 09:14 PM
Philip Rivers had a 30 yard TD run LMAO

Hammock Parties
01-01-2020, 09:15 PM

Sim needs work.

Rain Man
01-01-2020, 09:18 PM

Was it a one play 11-minute drive?

cdcox
01-01-2020, 09:22 PM

He's the Steve Bono of Sandbox.

ntexascardfan
01-01-2020, 09:31 PM
Any interest in letting the draft in league 2 run tonight? Looks like we only have 5 picks left to complete.

ThaVirus
01-01-2020, 09:34 PM
Denver game-planned to stop the Crown Point running game, but was unsuccessful.

At this point it's a safe bet that Zeke will hit 2,000 rushing yards

cdcox
01-01-2020, 09:41 PM
Any interest in letting the draft in league 2 run tonight? Looks like we only have 5 picks left to complete.

I added 1 day to the draft. It will pause overnight, but we will finish the last 5 picks.

DJ's left nut
01-01-2020, 11:58 PM
Um......double overtime in the regular season?

MagicHef
01-02-2020, 12:39 AM

From the 10 yard line, somehow.

cdcox
01-02-2020, 01:39 AM

Overtime rules need an update, obviously.

ThaVirus
01-02-2020, 06:50 AM

How come homeboy didn't kick the field goal from your 21 yard line at the end of regulation?

Rukdafaidas
01-02-2020, 07:52 AM
How come homeboy didn't kick the field goal from your 21 yard line at the end of regulation?
No doubt. Instead, I chose to run the ball. LMAO

wheeler08
01-02-2020, 07:54 AM
Joey Bosa had 0 sacks and 2 penalties for 30 yards “this sim is broken” (yelled in Clays voice!). Haha. Bosa being back leads to double teams which opens up Devin Kennard, whom is having a very stellar season. The game plan was to not blitz Stafford as much since he’s having a monster season and just drop everyone back. The plan seemed to work. Somehow the sim didn’t agree with Kamara. Surprised by his lack of showing. I also think the sim hates Keenan Allen. He’s been shit this season.

Going into the draft I didn’t know many O linemen besides a few. Evidently I done a masterful job at drafting. Zeke and now Kenyan Drakes YPC is insane. This is the first game that Drake outrushed Zeke. I’ve been holding him back. We’ll see how O line affects rushing in league 2 because I purposely drafted Drake but I don’t think the O line is anywhere near as good.

Still get frustrated by Andy Reid controlling the play calling late in games. Every week in the 4th qtr with a lead it’s run run run punt. After throwing and running all over the place the first 3 quarters. Luckily we held on with that #1 defense

TambaBerry
01-02-2020, 08:14 AM
cant believe i won i didnt get my lineup set

PHOG
01-02-2020, 09:12 AM
Well Vancouver Volcanoes is on the clock, which will end our initial draft. What's next, contracts?

Rain Man
01-02-2020, 09:37 AM
Well Vancouver Volcanoes is on the clock, which will end our initial draft. What's next, contracts?

Yep, next up is to sign your players to contracts, being sure to hold some money back for the limited free agency that will occur next. (This is when you can shuffle some players on and off your roster by successfully outbidding others for free agents.)

You have to keep a 53-man roster at this point, so for every player you sign you have to cut someone. If you have guys who are likely to be cut, I recommend signing them to a no-cost one-year contract so you don't sink money into them.

PHOG
01-02-2020, 09:47 AM
Yep, next up is to sign your players to contracts, being sure to hold some money back for the limited free agency that will occur next. (This is when you can shuffle some players on and off your roster by successfully outbidding others for free agents.)

You have to keep a 53-man roster at this point, so for every player you sign you have to cut someone. If you have guys who are likely to be cut, I recommend signing them to a no-cost one-year contract so you don't sink money into them.

Ok thanks, I already have 3 spots open because the 3 that were cut only played 1 game last year & none this year. :hmmm:

ntexascardfan
01-02-2020, 12:08 PM
When does contracts and free agency open up?

ntexascardfan
01-02-2020, 03:35 PM
Sheeeesh, looking at my team and it is so injury riddled this first season.

A few key guys out for the majority of or entire season. Leonard Fournette is going to miss more games in his first season on my team than he has in his entire NFL career.

Rain Man
01-02-2020, 06:35 PM
When does contracts and free agency open up?

I think you'll get an e-mail about it. It's really a matter of when cdcox has time to flip the switch. (And there's probably a little more to it than that.)

cdcox
01-02-2020, 09:12 PM
Ok league 2 folks, listen up. Free agency has begun. Before you can participate in free agency you need to sign you contracts. As soon as you do that, you can bid on free agents. After there is a bid on a free agent, he will not sign for 72 hours. So sometime in the next 3 days you need to sign your free agents to participate in early free agent signings.

cdcox
01-02-2020, 09:16 PM
I think you'll get an e-mail about it. It's really a matter of when cdcox has time to flip the switch. (And there's probably a little more to it than that.)

Three switches, and remembering how to do it.

Hammock Parties
01-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Last week for Kareem Hunt, before the postseason dice roll.

Fingers crossed!

Old Dog
01-03-2020, 11:26 AM
Is there any notification if your bid in free agency has been topped?

PHOG
01-03-2020, 11:36 AM

I haven't received any, and I know I've been outbid a couple times.

Old Dog
01-03-2020, 11:43 AM
I haven't received any, and I know I've been outbid a couple times.

Thank you...that just seemed like something that would make sense but was pretty sure I've been outbid a couple times and didn't see anything.....reps to you

Rain Man
01-03-2020, 11:44 AM

Nope. You have to monitor it. I like to sort the free agents by time remaining and see if there's anyone about to sign that I want to up the bid on.

PHOG
01-03-2020, 11:47 AM
Thank you...that just seemed like something that would make sense but was pretty sure I've been outbid a couple times and didn't see anything.....reps to you

Yeah, have to go there and check it. If you check that box above the FA listing, it will just show the ones you have bid on, as long as you check the box beside their name.

PHOG
01-03-2020, 11:51 AM
Nope. You have to monitor it. I like to sort the free agents by time remaining and see if there's anyone about to sign that I want to up the bid on.
That works real well. :thumb:

Old Dog
01-03-2020, 12:15 PM

That's how I was going about looking at it (along with sorting by team name)....it just seemed that a E-mail saying you've been outbid on Free Agent _______ would be kinda user friendly

Rain Man
01-03-2020, 01:26 PM
That's how I was going about looking at it (along with sorting by team name)....it just seemed that a E-mail saying you've been outbid on Free Agent _______ would be kinda user friendly

We considered it, but we were concerned that we'd be blasting a lot of e-mails out to people during active free agency periods. How many 'you've been outbid' e-mails would be your limit before you got annoyed?

wazu
01-03-2020, 01:33 PM
We considered it, but we were concerned that we'd be blasting a lot of e-mails out to people during active free agency periods. How many 'you've been outbid' e-mails would be your limit before you got annoyed?

I don’t think I’d mind any amount. But probably good to make it configurable.

Rain Man
01-03-2020, 01:38 PM

Yeah, maybe we could have an opt-out. I'll put it on the list of potential future changes.

Old Dog
01-03-2020, 05:58 PM

What he said

wazu
01-04-2020, 09:23 AM
What does the "bid opens week" column mean?

Old Dog
01-04-2020, 09:38 AM
What does the "bid opens week" column mean?

The way I understood the video each week in the regular season the free agents from two NFL teams will go on the market to be bid on. That part of free agency isn't tied to what we're doing now.....of course I could be WAY the **** off base too.

wazu
01-04-2020, 10:02 AM
The way I understood the video each week in the regular season the free agents from two NFL teams will go on the market to be bid on. That part of free agency isn't tied to what we're doing now.....of course I could be WAY the **** off base too.

Thanks. Maybe I need to go find that video again.

cdcox
01-04-2020, 10:08 AM

You are correct. We will use it during the 2020 NFL season. I should hide it for now.

cdcox
01-04-2020, 10:33 PM
Running sims soon.

ThaVirus
01-04-2020, 11:21 PM
Fucking hell, I totally forgot to set my lineup.

TambaBerry
01-04-2020, 11:32 PM
well im done with this bullshit sim, have fun guys

Titty Meat
01-05-2020, 12:30 AM
I'm the king at losing close games and that's ok. Bosa shall be mine!

Hammock Parties
01-05-2020, 12:45 AM
Dominant win. Kareem Hunt rushes for 145 yards and scores 4 TD in his last game of the regular season.

The Anarchy remain tied with the Ermines for the wild card spot.

This is all coming down to one game.

In Aberdeen.

lewdog
01-05-2020, 07:45 AM
I won a game with a Street Free Agent QB after dialing in Gurley for a heavy workload and changing my blitz packages.

Rukdafaidas
01-05-2020, 07:57 AM
Good game, MagicHef. You were throwing the ball all over the field on me.

Titty Meat
01-05-2020, 09:42 AM
I won a game with a Street Free Agent QB after dialing in Gurley for a heavy workload and changing my blitz packages.

No you won because you played the worst team in the league

Hydrae
01-05-2020, 09:46 AM
When putting in a new bid on someone who already had a bid, is the time remaining supposed to jump? I put in a bid on someone who had 13 hours remaining. They now are back to 3 days remaining.

lewdog
01-05-2020, 10:00 AM
No you won because you played the worst team in the league

Free Agent Qb beating Russell Wilson is pretty amazing.

God your team blows.

carlos3652
01-05-2020, 10:12 AM
When putting in a new bid on someone who already had a bid, is the time remaining supposed to jump? I put in a bid on someone who had 13 hours remaining. They now are back to 3 days remaining.

yes

MagicHef
01-05-2020, 10:16 AM
Good game, MagicHef. You were throwing the ball all over the field on me.

Yeah, that was a nerve-wracking one to read through. I was sure Mahomes would find a TD on one of those drives at the end of the game. I was pleasantly surprised by my defense.

cdcox
01-05-2020, 01:25 PM
Week 12 linueps are ready for Tuesday night simulations.

wheeler08
01-05-2020, 02:18 PM
I’m not getting any emails from the league, at all. For league 1 and 2. I didn’t even know the games were being simmed until the day after I seen your post on here and the results were already online.

Rain Man
01-05-2020, 03:13 PM
I’m not getting any emails from the league, at all. For league 1 and 2. I didn’t even know the games were being simmed until the day after I seen your post on here and the results were already online.

Check your junk mail. I just got notifications at 12:25 Mountain Time.

Rukdafaidas
01-05-2020, 03:15 PM
This is interesting. There could be an error here.

The following QB's have combined for 66 rushing attempts for 523 yards (7.92 yards/carry):

Brees, Rothlisberger, Keenum, Brady, Cousins, Stafford, Rivers, Osweiller, Flacco, Ryan and Carr.

The following QB's have combined for 240 rushing attempts for exactly 0 yards (0.0 yards/carry:)):

Watson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Fitzpatrick, Mayfield, Prescott, Wilson, Newton, Trubisky, Wentz, Goff and Luck.

cdcox
01-05-2020, 03:16 PM
If you're in league 2, you still have about 7 hours to sign contracts and bid on FA before anyone signs.

cdcox
01-05-2020, 03:18 PM
This is interesting. There could be an error here.

The following QB's have combined for 66 rushing attempts for 523 yards (7.92 yards/carry):

Brees, Rothlisberger, Keenum, Brady, Cousins, Stafford, Rivers, Osweiller, Flacco, Ryan and Carr.

The following QB's have combined for 240 rushing attempts for exactly 0 yards (0.0 yards/carry:)):

Watson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Fitzpatrick, Mayfield, Prescott, Wilson, Newton, Trubisky, Wentz, Goff and Luck.

Yeah, that is an error. I will fix before the next round of sims. Thanks!

ntexascardfan
01-05-2020, 03:21 PM
If you're in league 2, you still have about 7 hours to sign contracts and bid on FA before anyone signs.

When will the season for league 2 get under way?

wheeler08
01-05-2020, 03:27 PM
Check your junk mail. I just got notifications at 12:25 Mountain Time.

I have gmail. There’s nothing in any folder

wheeler08
01-05-2020, 03:32 PM
I’d say that Vikings/Saints game that just ended was a good representation of this sim. Cousins hands the ball off when he needs to and drops bombs when called upon. Drew Brees looked very meh. :-)

cdcox
01-05-2020, 03:38 PM
I’d say that Vikings/Saints game that just ended was a good representation of this sim. Cousins hands the ball off when he needs to and drops bombs when called upon. Drew Brees looked very meh. :-)

I was thinking the same thing. Kirk Cousins is very solid in Sandbox and Drew Brees has some weaknesses. Reality confirmed the accuracy of the model.

cdcox
01-05-2020, 03:39 PM
I have gmail. There’s nothing in any folder

Your email notifications were turned off. Easy to do and hard to tell what the status is with the current configuration. On the fix list. I fixed it, so you should start getting emails in the future if you don't touch that setting again.

wheeler08
01-05-2020, 04:12 PM
Your email notifications were turned off. Easy to do and hard to tell what the status is with the current configuration. On the fix list. I fixed it, so you should start getting emails in the future if you don't touch that setting again.

Thanks!

Rain Man
01-05-2020, 04:35 PM
Vail regrets to report that WR Cooper Kupp, who leads the league in TD receptions, has been lost for the year with an ACL injury. League-leading KR (we assume) Jakeem Grant has also gone onto the IR with a calf injury. Coach Rain Man said the injuries are disappointing, but the Snow Devils will persevere with their quality depth.

ntexascardfan
01-06-2020, 01:11 PM
When will the season for league 2 get under way?

Bump

Rain Man
01-06-2020, 01:32 PM
Bump

I think cdcox will put a clock up at some point. In limited free agency, which we're in right now, there's a calendar date when it ends. However, we're playing a bonus season right now with 2018 data, so the calendar doesn't apply. I think he'll just give a three-day warning or something once the bidding slows down.

DJ's left nut
01-06-2020, 04:35 PM
CD - what do "LBs" or "DLs" cost?

They aren't listed in a tier of any sort so its hard to know how to bid accordingly or structure contracts for them to ensure you get the number of years on the roster you're after.

ntexascardfan
01-06-2020, 04:36 PM
I think cdcox will put a clock up at some point. In limited free agency, which we're in right now, there's a calendar date when it ends. However, we're playing a bonus season right now with 2018 data, so the calendar doesn't apply. I think he'll just give a three-day warning or something once the bidding slows down.

Cool, that sounds good. I'm just anxious to get going after paying for the league 6 months ago. :P

BTW, if someone drops out in League 1, I'd be down to replace.

DJ's left nut
01-06-2020, 04:57 PM
Aw fuck.

Don't phone bid, gents. Or if you do, pay more attention.

$13 on almost certainly my least favorite player in the entire organization and someone who I'll probably just cut out of spite - that's right fellas, I have the 'winning' bid in on Breeland !@#$ing Speaks right now.

That is most assuredly NOT Bashaud Breeland. Swear words.

TambaBerry
01-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Aw fuck.

Don't phone bid, gents. Or if you do, pay more attention.

$13 on almost certainly my least favorite player in the entire organization and someone who I'll probably just cut out of spite - that's right fellas, I have the 'winning' bid in on Breeland !@#$ing Speaks right now.

That is most assuredly NOT Bashaud Breeland. Swear words.

Trade me someone and I'll take that bid from you

wheeler08
01-06-2020, 06:51 PM
well im done with this bullshit sim, have fun guys

So you good now?

TambaBerry
01-06-2020, 07:16 PM
So you good now?

no im pissed off about the sims

DJ's left nut
01-06-2020, 07:39 PM
Trade me someone and I'll take that bid from you

$13 will get me a different pile of dicks in FA. I don't really care that much and hey, at least he'll be a rotational OLB for a year.

Things could've been worse I guess. Afterall, Orlando Scandrick is an All-Pro in league 1 so maybe Speaks is a pro bowler here...

Rain Man
01-07-2020, 05:28 PM
$13 will get me a different pile of dicks in FA. I don't really care that much and hey, at least he'll be a rotational OLB for a year.

Things could've been worse I guess. Afterall, Orlando Scandrick is an All-Pro in league 1 so maybe Speaks is a pro bowler here...

Only 18 more hours until...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xT0xeH4IvSXwDAS8Mg" width="480" height="290" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/football-hello-hi-xT0xeH4IvSXwDAS8Mg">via GIPHY</a></p>

carlos3652
01-07-2020, 10:07 PM
Is this happening tonight cdcox? I’ve been very disappointed with my results, 2-6 over the past 8 games. :(

cdcox
01-07-2020, 10:47 PM
I just fixed the scramble error for QBs. I will sim as soon as I check my game plan.

cdcox
01-07-2020, 11:03 PM
Interesting play.

Nashville 35, Carson City 28
Nashville
4th Q 1:06 1st and 10 Nashville half yardline Nick Chubb rushes for 8 yards. Fumble, recovered by Carson City returned for 14 yards. Touchdown, conversion :mad:

wheeler08
01-07-2020, 11:24 PM
I’d like to put everyone on notice: Bosa has 6 sacks in his last 2 games with one strip sack.

wheeler08
01-07-2020, 11:35 PM
And Captain Kirk continues to look like a golden God out there. Throwing deep
Balls to offensive linemen that converted to TE’s this preseason due to the unawareness of our GM on draft day, not knowing that 3 TE sets were a sandbox thing. You guys in league 2 should really be worried now that I’ve figured this out! Also I have shit for WR in league 1. Building a stable in league 2!

Rain Man
01-08-2020, 12:20 AM
Tough loss for Denver. We trailed consistently, closed before giving up a 75 yard punt return touchdown, then closed again to within 3 in the final 19 seconds. We got the onside kick but didn't have time to get into field goal range.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2020, 07:46 AM
Wow. The amount of fumbles by my team in this game was unbelievable.

And Drew Brees has three picks this year on throws of 1 yard or less.

But at least he was 28/30 passing LMAO

Which I needed with Aaron Jones averaging 1.67 yards per attempt against a terrible run defense.

Highly unrealistic sim, but I'll take the W.

Aberdeen takes over teh WC spot.

ThaVirus
01-08-2020, 07:51 AM
Good Lord. I forgot to set my lineup again.

I really thought Trubisky was holding my team back but the last two weeks with a FA QB shows that he's actually not that ****ing bad.

Thankfully I'm playing in a trash division so even sitting at 5-7 on the year I'm tied for first place.

TambaBerry
01-08-2020, 08:29 AM
mason crosby missed two field goals last year and he has missed around 8 this year something is broken

edit: I was looking at xp he missed 7 in 2018 so i guess its not too far off

DJ's left nut
01-08-2020, 09:34 AM
Well hell, looks like setting my lineup DOES matter.

Once I put Cook in at HB1 instead of "Free Agent", my offense didn't suck dicks. Big game by Dalvin. Brutal loss in week 11 (and kinda nasty one in week 9) to create a 3 game losing streak that has really put me behind the 8-ball but at least we got off the schnide in week 12 and still have a puncher's chance despite having to take on Vail and Joplin in the last 2 weeks.

But hey, at least I get to have 2018 Ryan Tannehill leading the charge for me!

{sigh}

TambaBerry
01-08-2020, 09:50 AM
looks like i play my entire division and lewdogs shit team so hopefully i can make the playoffs

DJ's left nut
01-08-2020, 09:52 AM
looks like i play my entire division and lewdogs shit team so hopefully i can make the playoffs

Lewdog is also 8-4, is he not? Isn't he Phx?

If so, go ahead and beat him for me, m'kay?

Oh, and man just fuck Talledega Knights over in League 2 right in his face. You sir, have royally butt-fucked my off-season planning...

DJ's left nut
01-08-2020, 09:54 AM
Is this happening tonight cdcox? I’ve been very disappointed with my results, 2-6 over the past 8 games. :(

YOU DESERVE IT!!! DAMN YOU, CARLOS!

ntexascardfan
01-08-2020, 01:22 PM
I doubled the offer of the next highest bidder and acquired the Vail Snow Devils. The Snow Devils will add to my enterprise of Colorado sports franchises and I also own the Colorado Springs Ascent in League 2. John Elway inquired about leaving the Broncos and joining our team of Colorado franchises, but we recommended he seek out an opportunity with the Joplin Red Rockets, where it seems like Elway could make a bigger impact and be a better cultural fit.

Sporting the leagues top offense, the new management doesn't plan on doing much to tinker with the team in the short term. We'll continue to let Andrew Luck rain down touchdowns on you degenerates while working to find a longterm solution at quarterback in the offseason.

Rukdafaidas
01-08-2020, 01:34 PM
I doubled the offer of the next highest bidder and acquired the Vail Snow Devils. The Snow Devils will add to my enterprise of Colorado sports franchises and I also own the Colorado Springs Ascent in League 2. John Elway inquired about leaving the Broncos and joining our team of Colorado franchises, but we recommended he seek out an opportunity with the Joplin Red Rockets, where it seems like Elway could make a bigger impact and be a better cultural fit.

Sporting the leagues top offense, the new management doesn't plan on doing much to tinker with the team in the short term. We'll continue to let Andrew Luck rain down touchdowns on you degenerates while working to find a longterm solution at quarterback in the offseason.
On behalf of the Joplin Red Rockets, we told Elway the same thing I'm going to tell you...SUCK IT!nlm

carlos3652
01-08-2020, 02:02 PM
Good Lord. I forgot to set my lineup again.

I really thought Trubisky was holding my team back but the last two weeks with a FA QB shows that he's actually not that ****ing bad.

Thankfully I'm playing in a trash division so even sitting at 5-7 on the year I'm tied for first place.

I’m 5-7. 2-7 last 9. I have one of the worst defenses in the league.

I’m not sure how to fix it. I’m hoping to squeeze by you lol.

carlos3652
01-08-2020, 02:03 PM
YOU DESERVE IT!!! DAMN YOU, CARLOS!

Haha don’t bring league 2 issues into league 1 ;P

TambaBerry
01-08-2020, 02:48 PM
aaron jones up to 229 lmao

DJ's left nut
01-08-2020, 03:23 PM

{taps out}

Carlos saw how much cap space I had and bid me to the wall. Oh well - it's just a RB; they'll make more.

Got into the draft just a little too late to ensure I could solidify the position knew Jones would be available and just intended to chase that to its conclusion. Never figured anyone would bid over 200 for him but here we are...

Hammock Parties
01-08-2020, 03:34 PM

so far he's fucking worthless for me

carlos3652
01-08-2020, 03:40 PM
{taps out}

Carlos saw how much cap space I had and bid me to the wall. Oh well - it's just a RB; they'll make more.

Got into the draft just a little too late to ensure I could solidify the position knew Jones would be available and just intended to chase that to its conclusion. Never figured anyone would bid over 200 for him but here we are...

He's not worth that much but i have Lynch and Michel as my RB's...

I have tons of cap space and the only reason I bid that much was to take you out of it, because I dont need bidding wars and not be able to plan the other FA's I need to move on.

wheeler08
01-08-2020, 04:07 PM
so far he's fucking worthless for me

How’s Edelman doing for u? He’s once again a darling of free agency

wheeler08
01-08-2020, 04:08 PM
I think In this sim, O line is more important than RBs. Or my coaching/game planning is off the charts.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2020, 04:13 PM
How’s Edelman doing for u? He’s once again a darling of free agency

the offense has picked up noticeably since he was added

huge get considering the sim thinks kelce runs a 4.9

Hammock Parties
01-08-2020, 04:15 PM
I think In this sim, O line is more important than RBs. Or my coaching/game planning is off the charts.

kareem hunt was balling out for me

aaron jones is due a 200-yard game now

DJ's left nut
01-08-2020, 04:26 PM

Hard to say.

Run blocking was a secondary concern when I assembled my offensive line since I got to the OL late and couldn't have Fitzpatrick throwing under pressure. Had to sacrifice somewhere with what was available and chose to focus on guys who were stronger pass blockers.

And yet Kerryon Johnson was great before he went down and Cook has stepped in and is keeping things going at 7 yards/pop.

I don't actually think my OL is full of excellent run blockers, but I do think I got a couple of talented RBs that are playing well.

But I guess it's the fog that makes it fun...

lewdog
01-08-2020, 05:01 PM
Lewdog may be up for coach of the year, leading the Phoenix Diablos to an 8-4 record behind Joe fucking Flacco and a Street Free Agent who managed to go 2-1 in the last 3 games. Heavy doses of Ingram and Gurley on the ground allowed the free agent QB to throw for a paltry 115 yards and still lead the team to victory.

Defensive adjustments to dime and nickel blitz packages have helped the defense recover from a poor start to the season.

Flacco does not return in week 13, so Phoenix will have to start Sam Darnold, who will see his first playing time of the year. Diggs and Hopkins will be happy to have the Street Free Agent back on the bench.

lewdog
01-08-2020, 05:03 PM

Unlike Clay I can do a lot with a shit roster, by actually knowing how to game-plan.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2020, 05:18 PM
Unlike Clay I can do a lot with a shit roster, by actually knowing how to game-plan.

you best pipe down, i have broken the code

you're looking at the best wild card team in sand box

not even poorly-programmed brees INTs can stop me now

wheeler08
01-08-2020, 08:19 PM
Who’s Talladega Knights in league 2? Did you sign your whole team to a one year deal and that’s how you have so much money to spend in free agency??

TambaBerry
01-08-2020, 08:48 PM
Idk but this league has way more money

wheeler08
01-08-2020, 08:55 PM
League 1 I signed as many good players long term as I could. League 2 I was like, I’m only going to do max 4-5 years for my top 5-7 players. Short deals for everyone else and build depth through free agency. Then this goon comes in here and is max bidder on everyone and I’m like WTF?!? Lol

carlos3652
01-08-2020, 09:45 PM
League 1 I signed as many good players long term as I could. League 2 I was like, I’m only going to do max 4-5 years for my top 5-7 players. Short deals for everyone else and build depth through free agency. Then this goon comes in here and is max bidder on everyone and I’m like WTF?!? Lol

Its me... I only have 1 qb, Rodgers, and hes signed for 3.
I have Hunter for 5, and Reek for 4.

Most of my players are signed for 2-3 knowing I can re sign a couple guys in each of those years, plus match in FA if I really wanted to keep someone. I made a point to play the FA market hard in L2 vs how I handled L1.

Im trying to build the team differently in both leagues.

Titty Meat
01-08-2020, 10:25 PM
It's awesome that my team will likely pick top 3. It's not the least talented roster but there are some obvious holes. I either get Bosa or AJ Brown.

TambaBerry
01-09-2020, 08:34 AM
i think free agency should change. It should be a silent bidding thing, have a set amount of time to bid on guys but keep the bids private and then when the time is up whoever has the highest bid gets him. Then you can move onto round two of it doing the same thing. I am being petty as fuck now because ive had multiple guys with a few hours left get bid on again and again so im doing it too now

DJ's left nut
01-09-2020, 08:44 AM
What I've always found kinda frustrating (since the beginning really) is that I'll go digging through 200 damn players to find 3 that are sliding under the radar, put a bid in on them (when they're sitting there with no bids after 3 days), and then a couple other guys see them, research them and drive them up on me within a couple hours of my bid.

Kinda sucks being someone else's scouting service...

TambaBerry
01-09-2020, 08:47 AM
What I've always found kinda frustrating (since the beginning really) is that I'll go digging through 200 damn players to find 3 that are sliding under the radar, put a bid in on them (when they're sitting there with no bids after 3 days), and then a couple other guys see them, research them and drive them up on me within a couple hours of my bid.

agree with this I did come in late this year i didnt have time to go through free agents until about two days in, in this league

wheeler08
01-09-2020, 08:57 AM
Yea this free agency is whack. In the very least, once a player is bid on, the clock never resets. That reset for 3 days drives me crazy. I have no patience.

DJ's left nut
01-09-2020, 08:59 AM
agree with this I did come in late this year i didnt have time to go through free agents until about two days in, in this league

Ultimately I think the answer is that this is all kinda one-off stuff. Remember, FA going forward trickles out throughout the off-season so strategic bidding will be FAR more critical (and it won't come with the benefit of hindsight).

The sim is being used in a way it just isn't designed for right now. It's the perils of beta testing.

And Carlos can still eat dicks. Dude's blowing me out of the water on backup DTs now. FFS, Dan Snyder - you plan on signing everyone?

wheeler08
01-09-2020, 08:59 AM
The whole name of the game is to drive price up until the other guy runs out of money. And of course I’m going to do it $1 at a time. Because that $1 might be all you have left. I’m not going to over pay if I don’t need too. I’ve lost out on several guys once it got too high (thanks Carlos)

wheeler08
01-09-2020, 09:01 AM
He is Dan Snyder (ala Albert Haynesworth). That was gold. From now on he shall be called Daniel instead of Carlos!

DJ's left nut
01-09-2020, 09:02 AM
Yea this free agency is whack. In the very least, once a player is bid on, the clock never resets. That reset for 3 days drives me crazy. I have no patience.

Again - built for a 6 month off-season. When the system is in full swing, this process is supposed to be fairly drawn out.

Now whether or not CD will run into retention issues or engagement problems because of that remains to be seen, but it's his show and the logic behind it is relatively sound. He needs to do something to convince people to pay attention during the long periods between sim seasons.

Stretching out the FA process is how he's elected to do it. If it were my show I'd do it differently but I also don't have any knowledge of the processing power that goes into trying to run this stuff, especially if its scaled up for commercial purposes. My ideas may simply not be cost effective or feasible.

TambaBerry
01-09-2020, 09:09 AM
Again - built for a 6 month off-season. When the system is in full swing, this process is supposed to be fairly drawn out.

Now whether or not CD will run into retention issues or engagement problems because of that remains to be seen, but it's his show and the logic behind it is relatively sound. He needs to do something to convince people to pay attention during the long periods between sim seasons.

Stretching out the FA process is how he's elected to do it. If it were my show I'd do it differently but I also don't have any knowledge of the processing power that goes into trying to run this stuff, especially if its scaled up for commercial purposes. My ideas may simply not be cost effective or feasible.

agree with this too, im not mad or upset with cd, im happy he put this out here for me to have fun with

carlos3652
01-09-2020, 11:42 AM

Agree with this as well. Although, in FA, players shop themselves... to other teams.

That being said, I think being able to see 2 years worth of what this player has been doing really is what hurts us in the end. Once we only can only see what he has for 1 year, it will be more of a risk / reward to sign certain players.

carlos3652
01-09-2020, 11:44 AM
Ultimately I think the answer is that this is all kinda one-off stuff. Remember, FA going forward trickles out throughout the off-season so strategic bidding will be FAR more critical (and it won't come with the benefit of hindsight).

The sim is being used in a way it just isn't designed for right now. It's the perils of beta testing.

And Carlos can still eat dicks. Dude's blowing me out of the water on backup DTs now. FFS, Dan Snyder - you plan on signing everyone?

Yes! I missed this. And I am the Dan Snyder of L2, and Im assuming it will go just about as good as the Redskins but I wanted to handle the leagues differently.

Sorry for the bidding wars, Im almost done. :P

DJ's left nut
01-09-2020, 11:59 AM
Agree with this as well. Although, in FA, players shop themselves... to other teams.

That being said, I think being able to see 2 years worth of what this player has been doing really is what hurts us in the end. Once we only can only see what he has for 1 year, it will be more of a risk / reward to sign certain players.

Remember - in the future you won't be able to see what he's been doing AT ALL.

FA bidding will come before the games are played. You're bidding for the prospective performance of a player. It'll get tough at that point and the wheat will truly be separated from the chaff.

We only got 1 year of that in v1.0 and it was savage. You see some teams fall off a cliff in a hurry. And the kind of deep dives you have to start doing into teams depth charts/FA targets, etc.... can get nasty. You start getting guys you drafted in the 2nd round and gave 6 year deals to cut outright because they're buried on depth charts. You have dudes who you signed as FAs because they started the year before ending up in role-player gigs the following season.

I spent my ass off for that Raiders DT that signed with the Chiefs about 5 years ago figuring he'd be a great interior pass-rusher for me (Vance Walker?). He came to the Chiefs and our 3-4, turned to dog-ass and I cut him after a single season when I'd spent something like 75 on him in FA.

This shit's easy compared to the long-picture view.

carlos3652
01-09-2020, 12:10 PM
Remember - in the future you won't be able to see what he's been doing AT ALL.

FA bidding will come before the games are played. You're bidding for the prospective performance of a player. It'll get tough at that point and the wheat will truly be separated from the chaff.

We only got 1 year of that in v1.0 and it was savage. You see some teams fall off a cliff in a hurry. And the kind of deep dives you have to start doing into teams depth charts/FA targets, etc.... can get nasty. You start getting guys you drafted in the 2nd round and gave 6 year deals to cut outright because they're buried on depth charts. You have dudes who you signed as FAs because they started the year before ending up in role-player gigs the following season.

I spent my ass off for that Raiders DT that signed with the Chiefs about 5 years ago figuring he'd be a great interior pass-rusher for me (Vance Walker?). He came to the Chiefs and our 3-4, turned to dog-ass and I cut him after a single season when I'd spent something like 75 on him in FA.

This shit's easy compared to the long-picture view.

I missed that! Ugh... even worse lol.

Its crazy the dip some players have taking in 2019, after a good - great 2018.

And I agree. The risk will be much higher not having the hindsight. Players also get lost due to injury which puts a damper on some of it.

lewdog
01-09-2020, 01:21 PM
We need a separate thread for league 2.

I give no shits about it.

wheeler08
01-09-2020, 02:24 PM

Lol. I thought that awhile back also. I was like get these shits outta our thread. But then I joined league 2! Lol.

cdcox
01-09-2020, 09:33 PM
League 1 rosters are ready for Saturday simulations.

cdcox
01-09-2020, 09:37 PM
We came up with a different concept for FA bids (minimum bid time, then FA could sign at random times after that), but I haven't had time to code it. Also the pace might have been too fast.

Hydrae
01-10-2020, 08:20 AM

Maybe instead of all this discussion being on CP it could be done through the forums on the Sandbox site. That way down the road when this has gone commercial we won't expect everyone to come to CP to post about their team. :shrug:

Hammock Parties
01-10-2020, 08:41 AM
going to take a risk

wheeler08
01-10-2020, 10:36 AM
going to take a risk

I might bench all my starters and rest them till playoffs. These last few games are meaningless....

wheeler08
01-10-2020, 11:13 AM
CD I’ve found a glitch in game plan. No matter how many times I refresh page or switch pages, it will not save on Defensive Gameplan - Leave safety in box for running situations from Yes to No. every time I come back to page it’s always on Yes

DJ's left nut
01-10-2020, 04:45 PM
A humble request to those in League 2 who are going to bid me off a guy (Benton).

Don't bid 1 dollar over. It WON'T chase me off him. I don't care about a dollar unless it's literally my last dollar (again, blow me, Carlos).

If I'm sitting there at $27 for someone and you bid $28 - you really think you just knocked me out? All we're doing is jerking each other off at that point. Bid it hard and eventually one of us will walk away. At $1/shot it's gonna take one of us 3 weeks to get our backup DE signed and it does neither of us any favors.

wheeler08
01-10-2020, 04:58 PM
A humble request to those in League 2 who are going to bid me off a guy (Benton).

Don't bid 1 dollar over. It WON'T chase me off him. I don't care about a dollar unless it's literally my last dollar (again, blow me, Carlos).

If I'm sitting there at $27 for someone and you bid $28 - you really think you just knocked me out? All we're doing is jerking each other off at that point. Bid it hard and eventually one of us will walk away. At $1/shot it's gonna take one of us 3 weeks to get our backup DE signed and it does neither of us any favors.

Lol. Fucking Carlos

DJ's left nut
01-10-2020, 05:06 PM
Lol. Fucking Carlos

4 days into FA and there's not a single bid on a CB I hunted up and targeted. I was thinking "alright, guy hasn't drawn any interest, I'll toss a 2-3 year deal his way and he'll slide through..."

36 hours later and Carlos is throwing $78 bids at him.

Oh goddammit, Dan...

wheeler08
01-10-2020, 05:10 PM
Someone done that to me with Donte Pettis, time was almost up and they raised it by $1

carlos3652
01-10-2020, 11:05 PM
Lol. At least I’m not bidding $1 over like it’s the price is right.

To be completely honest dj - I was hoping you would actually bid on Billings (and take him off my hands) so that I could end up with Wallace cheaper due to you having your money tied up.

When you didn’t do that I felt silly but luckily someone out bid me for Breeland and that freed up my money to get him.

cdcox
01-10-2020, 11:51 PM
I see rivalries developing. All according to plan. :evil:

Rain Man
01-11-2020, 12:39 AM
I need someone to stop bidding on Eric Reid. I need a free safety and he's the only legit candidate. It's almost like two of us are in the same situation.

Titty Meat
01-11-2020, 01:44 AM

Yeah I noticed that. Fuck that guy the whole league should just blackball him and make ZERO trades with him.

carlos3652
01-11-2020, 01:03 PM
https://sandboxsimulations.com/vBulletin/group.php?gmid=39&do=discuss#gmessage39

Started a League 1 thread :) Lets take it there to start using their message board.

ntexascardfan
01-11-2020, 07:04 PM
I need someone to stop bidding on Eric Reid. I need a free safety and he's the only legit candidate. It's almost like two of us are in the same situation.

I'm going to win either Eric Reid or Mark Ingram. Haven't made up my mind on which way I'm going yet. I might bid Ingram up just to make DJ's Left Nut pay for it, then swoop in on Reid.

TambaBerry
01-12-2020, 01:06 PM
I love waiting 2 days 22 hours for a guy only to have him bid up last minute

wazu
01-12-2020, 01:16 PM

I had been bidding but gave up and settled for Ron Parker. Reid will be signed by someone for the equivalent of 7 years, $200M.

Rukdafaidas
01-12-2020, 07:48 PM
When is the sim for league 1?

cdcox
01-12-2020, 07:55 PM

Sorry, forgot to run them yesterday. I was dealing with a work issue all day.

Give me a few minutes and I'll get them up.

wheeler08
01-12-2020, 07:55 PM

Was supposed to be yesterday.

Rukdafaidas
01-12-2020, 08:16 PM
Sorry, forgot to run them yesterday. I was dealing with a work issue all day.

Give me a few minutes and I'll get them up.

Thanks CD!:thumb:

Rukdafaidas
01-12-2020, 08:59 PM
Sheesh, that was ugly. Good game NTexas.

TambaBerry
01-12-2020, 09:16 PM
Um excuse me what type of overtime rules are we playing with? I lost in OT by giving up a field goal on the first possession of the OT?

lewdog
01-12-2020, 09:35 PM
The free agent QB is used for the past 3 weeks literally played better than Sam Darnold.

FML

:facepalm: