PDA

View Full Version : Football Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

PHOG
12-20-2021, 03:45 PM
Just got done with mine. Everything worked ok. Also got down to 53. (League 2)

Hydrae
12-20-2021, 03:50 PM
I also had no issues in league #2

Titty Meat
12-20-2021, 03:52 PM
I'm in league 1. Do we need to get down to 53? I thought it was 80?

lewdog
12-20-2021, 03:57 PM
Would be nice to know when you’re supposed to be doing things again.

Love doing my roster during Christmas!

PHOG
12-20-2021, 03:58 PM
I'm in league 1. Do we need to get down to 53? I thought it was 80?

I read on the contract page somewhere that we needed to be down to 53 before FA, but that doesn't seem right now that you mention it. Maybe it said after FA and I just read it wrong.

Edit: Nope here it is, this seems different.

Once you are satisfied with the contract of each player as shown below, click the "sign all contracts" button. This finalizes the contracts, after which time you can no longer change them. The "sign all contracts" button has no effect on players with "no contract"; you must explicityly release (using the "RELEASE" button). Your roster must be at or below the current roster limit before you will be allowed to bid on free agents.

wheeler08
12-20-2021, 04:04 PM
Don’t know which league it is, 3 I think, but we had 2 games left in playoffs and the whole league went to the next season with no champion….

DJ's left nut
12-20-2021, 04:35 PM
I read on the contract page somewhere that we needed to be down to 53 before FA, but that doesn't seem right now that you mention it. Maybe it said after FA and I just read it wrong.

Edit: Nope here it is, this seems different.

Once you are satisfied with the contract of each player as shown below, click the "sign all contracts" button. This finalizes the contracts, after which time you can no longer change them. The "sign all contracts" button has no effect on players with "no contract"; you must explicityly release (using the "RELEASE" button). Your roster must be at or below the current roster limit before you will be allowed to bid on free agents.

At least in prior seasons you could go go over during FA but had to reduce to 53 by the time the season started.

I think I was near 60 something at one point last year.

PHOG
12-20-2021, 04:39 PM
At least in prior seasons you could go go over during FA but had to reduce to 53 by the time the season started.

I think I was near 60 something at one point last year.

Yeah, I was over all the time, and cut down before the season started.

Old Dog
12-20-2021, 05:05 PM

No kidding. I’d be super upset if I was really paying for this shitshow.

lewdog
12-20-2021, 08:13 PM
Remind me, you can only really resign 2 veterans right? Then everyone else goes to FA and you have to bid on them if they were yours and you want them back?

wheeler08
12-21-2021, 06:53 PM
Anyone else get 30 emails from sandbox today. Think they got hacked or drunk

lewdog
12-23-2021, 09:14 PM
Only giving you the ability to resign 2 vets makes it pretty challenging but also interesting for turning over your roster quickly within 1-2 years if needed.

Titty Meat
12-23-2021, 09:49 PM
9 guys on my roster made the pro bowl IRL. Would have been 10 had I not traded Judon.

cdcox
12-23-2021, 09:51 PM
Anyone else get 30 emails from sandbox today. Think they got hacked or drunk

Fixed that yesterday. Things should be back to normal.

cdcox
12-23-2021, 09:53 PM

After New Year we'll send out another reminder about signing rookies and vets. Then we will move on to free agency. Okay?

cdcox
12-23-2021, 09:56 PM
I think theres an error with the signing rookies. I tried to sign my guys if said I didnt have enough cap space but looking at my cap space if was 255 after all the rookie contracts were offered...

Were you able to sign rookies? If not I will dig into it.

lewdog
12-23-2021, 09:57 PM
After New Year we'll send out another reminder about signing rookies and vets. Then we will move on to free agency. Okay?

I’m in league 1 and we just signed them right?

Titty Meat
12-23-2021, 10:15 PM
Were you able to sign rookies? If not I will dig into it.

Yeah I was. I closed out ans tried again it worked

cdcox
12-23-2021, 10:18 PM
I’m in league 1 and we just signed them right?

If you signed them, you're good. Next will be free agency, but we won't burden you with homework until after the holidays.

cdcox
12-23-2021, 10:18 PM
Yeah I was. I closed out ans tried again it worked

Good to hear.

wheeler08
12-24-2021, 12:27 AM
I just wanted to brag that I’ve taken Kurt Cousins to 2 SandBowls this year. 2 different leagues this season. The second league I tanked last season to get first pick. Took Burrow. Didn’t even play him this year.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2022, 11:07 AM
Long-Snappers are Tier 3 players?

Damn. That seems...stout.

lewdog
01-03-2022, 11:13 AM
Are we supposed to be doing anything right now?

DJ's left nut
01-03-2022, 11:14 AM
Are we supposed to be doing anything right now?

Not really. I had a veteran contract to play with and was going to just burn it on my long snapper but didn't feel like $55 was a reasonable ask for someone who probably won't make any noticeable difference.

cdcox
01-06-2022, 05:28 PM
Okay, free agency is active now in Chiefs1 and Raiders1 leagues.

Hydrae
01-06-2022, 07:13 PM

Nice

I only see a list of free agents who are not yet eligible. :shrug:

lewdog
01-06-2022, 07:43 PM

Are you kidding?!?!?

During the middle of January while I’m preparing for Valentine’s Day?!?!?!?!!!

cdcox
01-06-2022, 08:24 PM
Nice

I only see a list of free agents who are not yet eligible. :shrug:

Fixed.

cdcox
01-06-2022, 08:25 PM
Are you kidding?!?!?

During the middle of January while I’m preparing for Valentine’s Day?!?!?!?!!!

LMAO

Hydrae
01-06-2022, 09:08 PM
Fixed.

Thanks

Titty Meat
01-06-2022, 09:21 PM
What does bid option week mean?

cdcox
01-06-2022, 10:35 PM
What does bid option week mean?

You can ignore it this year. In future years, free agents will become available in a drawn out fashion over the whole NFL season. That column tells everyone which week in the NFL season that you can begin bidding on that player.

Titty Meat
01-06-2022, 10:48 PM
You can ignore it this year. In future years, free agents will become available in a drawn out fashion over the whole NFL season. That column tells everyone which week in the NFL season that you can begin bidding on that player.

So if I bid on a player in week 15 he would be on my team the next game?

DJ's left nut
01-07-2022, 12:45 AM

Remember - everything changes a LOT starting next year.

I suspect we'll get a nice little primer on it when this season is over.

Rain Man
01-07-2022, 01:30 AM

That would be Week 15 of the NFL season.

Free agency will get a lot more interesting once we're on the locked-in schedule. You'll be bidding on players throughout the NFL season, so you'll have differing levels of knowledge as we go.

wheeler08
01-09-2022, 10:23 AM
OK, who's hoarding all the QB's in league one?? I've got Zeke and Pollard as trade bait for a starting QB

lewdog
01-09-2022, 10:47 AM
OK, who's hoarding all the QB's in league one?? I've got Zeke and Pollard as trade bait for a starting QB

Same question! No good QBs to be had and I just had Rivers take me to a super bowl in his last year.

Titty Meat
01-09-2022, 10:03 PM
Aberdeen swoops in last second to fuck DJ and I. Kelce, Evans and Robby Anderson. That would have pretty much ensured us as the top 2 teams.

lewdog
01-10-2022, 05:49 AM
Aberdeen swoops in last second to fuck DJ and I. Kelce, Evans and Robby Anderson. That would have pretty much ensured us as the top 2 teams.

Yeah, as the bidding goes up the window of time goes down. Does it start at 3 days and get down to 12 hours?

Can’t have a fucking life honey, need to continuously check my Sandbox team!!!

lewdog
01-10-2022, 07:03 AM
Scalped on Pringle?

I literally bid on him at 8 last night. By 4 this morning he was gone. Do I need a midnight alarm?!?!!

lewdog
01-10-2022, 07:18 AM
Scalped on Pringle?

I literally bid on him at 8 last night. By 4 this morning he was gone. Do I need a midnight alarm?!?!!

DJ's left nut
01-10-2022, 10:04 AM

Yeah.

I was pretty bummed to see Aberdeen had used his FA rights to retain Kelce, but then I saw he at least grabbed Evans from you in the process. Ugh - that smarted a bit. The FA crop is pretty middling this season so there was really nowhere else to spend that money. Not sure if there's any amount I could've thrown at Kelce to keep that match from happening, though.

3 of my top 4 pass catchers from last season are injured/ineffective this year. My only throughput will be my #3 WR (McLaurin) with my #1, #2 and TE all being effectively useless this season.

Not a fun group to have to rebuild from the ground up.

Titty Meat
01-10-2022, 10:10 AM
Yeah, as the bidding goes up the window of time goes down. Does it start at 3 days and get down to 12 hours?

Can’t have a ****ing life honey, need to continuously check my Sandbox team!!!

Sandbox is better than sex

wheeler08
01-12-2022, 08:10 PM
Who is the Independence Exploreres in League 1?

lewdog
01-13-2022, 07:35 AM
Stuck without a real QB in league 1. Damn! Where are all the QBs at?!?!?

wheeler08
01-13-2022, 08:07 AM
Stuck without a real QB in league 1. Damn! Where are all the QBs at?!?!?

I had to stick with Cousins. Oh well, he won two of my teams the SandBowl

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 10:29 AM

I've won two championships with Ryan Fitzpatrick, one in League 1, the other in League 2.

Top THAT.

lewdog
01-13-2022, 12:12 PM

I was trying to get Cousins.

Rain Man
01-13-2022, 12:23 PM
I thought I was going to steal Robert Quinn in League 1, but then someone did the ol' switcharoo on me and took him.

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 12:31 PM
I thought I was going to steal Robert Quinn in League 1, but then someone did the ol' switcharoo on me and took him.

I've gotten beaten up pretty good by those match rights thus far.

The Kelce hit is gonna sting for awhile. I didn't recall what the required match was if you took someone to 7 years. I figured it would be a similar jump to the gap from 6 to 7 yrs.

It was not. Trumping my 100 w/ 110 wasn't all that difficult, though looking at that team's budget, I don't think there's an amount I could've bid that he would've balked at.

lewdog
01-13-2022, 12:33 PM
Jonathan Allen getting 7 years in league 1.

I ain’t matching that!

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 12:38 PM
Jonathan Allen getting 7 years in league 1.

I ain’t matching that!

I tried. After getting knocked off of Kelce I ran Allen up to 90. But just ended up running out of cash. Tried to pivot to Hargrave and he's gonna end up near 7 as well.

Really was hoping to get a dynamic interior pass rusher but I'll just have to be content with a more conventional setup and a run/pass rotation.

wheeler08
01-13-2022, 12:43 PM
Brady is up to 110 last I looked in league 2. But that bastard might live out that contract

Rain Man
01-13-2022, 01:00 PM
Brady is up to 110 last I looked in league 2. But that bastard might live out that contract

My team is a powerhouse other than QB, so I sighed hard and put in a bid on him of about 75 even though I dry heave at the thought of him being on my team. Someone then bid him up to 90 and I decided that I'll roll with my current crew.

lewdog
01-13-2022, 01:30 PM
When a guy gets signed to a 7 year but let’s say he retires after year 3 and you cut him the last 4 years, that still hits your cap right?

Rain Man
01-13-2022, 01:31 PM
When a guy gets signed to a 7 year but let’s say he retires after year 3 and you cut him the last 4 years, that still hits your cap right?

The whole contract hits your cap the moment it's signed. So you're paying the guy regardless of what happens from that point on.

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 01:31 PM

It's already spent, so yeah - in a matter of speaking.

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 01:36 PM
The whole contract hits your cap the moment it's signed. So you're paying the guy regardless of what happens from that point on.

What if you trade them?

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 01:38 PM
What if you trade them?

You're just trolling now, right?

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 01:42 PM
You're just trolling now, right?

Well it fucks up some of my plans

lewdog
01-13-2022, 01:43 PM
It's already spent, so yeah - in a matter of speaking.

Right. DUH Lewdog.

Might still be ok if you get some great production for a few years and then cut. Can’t have a bunch of wasted long contracts though.

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 01:57 PM
Well it fucks up some of my plans

Huh?

How could it? Trade 'em, don't trade 'em - it doesn't matter. You pay the entire freight when they sign the deal.

Look at every one of these contracts as being league minimum deals with big year 1 Roster Bonuses. Sign a guy to a 7 year deal for 110 bucks and they cost you zero dollars in years 2-7. You pay it all in year 1.

So if you trade them - fine, no impact because they didn't cost you anything. If you cut them, same story. Everything is paid for up front.

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 02:01 PM
Right. DUH Lewdog.

Might still be ok if you get some great production for a few years and then cut. Can’t have a bunch of wasted long contracts though.

Yup.

I was willing to thrown an assload of money at Hargrave even though he's 28 and probably won't age well. I figured I was gonna get 2 very good years, maybe 2 more solid ones and then probably cut him after 4 and eat the last 3 years of the deal.

But look at it this way - I had money to spend. If I don't spend it, I lose half of it. So I could either spend that $100 on Hargrave for 3 more years than I needed or I can sit on it, carry over $50 of it and just set the other $50 on fire.

Both end up with about the same amount of sunk costs, but the former option at least gives me a good player for a few years.

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 02:44 PM
Well that contract I gave Browm last year looks really stupid now

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 02:50 PM
Well that contract I gave Browm last year looks really stupid now

Eh, you just end up eating a couple years of it.

2 years of Brown would've cost you 13 (at minimum). 4 years at $46, if unspent, would've cost you $23 in rollover penalty.

So if the guy never plays another snap for you, you're upside down $10. Not the end of the world.

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 05:08 PM
Hey Aberdeen fuck you. Let your good players go and rebuild you haven't won shit with them.

cdcox
01-13-2022, 07:15 PM
I just signed Roethlisberger on a 2 year deal in League 1 (Chiefs 1). I would entertain a trade. Could use a quality ILB, TE or draft pick.

lewdog
01-13-2022, 07:28 PM
I just signed Roethlisberger on a 2 year deal in League 1 (Chiefs 1). I would entertain a trade. Could use a quality ILB, TE or draft pick.

What team are you? Any other QBs on your roster?

cdcox
01-13-2022, 07:38 PM

Nashville Golden Mules. Only Carson Wentz, and he isn't available.

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 07:59 PM

You could get Russ for 2 1s, 2 2s, and a 3rd

lewdog
01-13-2022, 08:01 PM

The Phoenix Diablos made the Super Bowl last year led by Phillip Rivers with the help of Diggs and Hopkins. Phyllis had to retire to attend to his 12 children.

The Diablos barfed at the free agent market but signed Heinicke to play in front of Drew motherfucking Lock!

Part of me says I should try Big Ben but part of me wants to believe in Heinicke magic!

lewdog
01-13-2022, 08:06 PM
You could get Russ for 2 1s, 2 2s, and a 3rd

Dang, that's not bad at all.

I'll consider!

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 09:05 PM
Damn misses out on Cameron Heyward.

Somewhere on Billygoats Planet DJ'sRighnut is blasting me for going 3 years without being able to sign a #1 WR or interior pass rusher

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure what Aberdeens strategy here. You let all those guys hit free agency instead of just re-signing them for much cheaper. Could have traded them for draft picks while your QBs are Kellen Mond and Jameis Winston. Thats a 8 win team at best. Could have stocked up on picks, grabbed a QB and have a ton of capspace to fill remaining holes.

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure what Aberdeens strategy here. You let all those guys hit free agency instead of just re-signing them for much cheaper. Could have traded them for draft picks while your QBs are Kellen Mond and Jameis Winston. Thats a 8 win team at best. Could have stocked up on picks, grabbed a QB and have a ton of capspace to fill remaining holes.

Letting Kelce get to FA was an obvious mistake. He had to pay $110 for him when as a Tier 3 player he could've used one of his veteran deals on him and gotten him for 5 years/$55.

You don't want Kelce for 7 years anyway. You certainly don't want to be paying an extra 55 for the privilege's of those 2 years.

I almost wonder if he doesn't quite understand how it works. Because there's clearly something irrational about matching a guy like K-Pass or the shell of Josh Norman. If for some odd reason you want to sign those guys, just bid 'em up to 2 or 3 bucks - nobody's going to get in a bidding war for them.

It almost has to be a misunderstanding of how the system works.

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 09:19 PM
Letting Kelce get to FA was an obvious mistake. He had to pay $110 for him when as a Tier 3 player he could've used one of his veteran deals on him and gotten him for 5 years/$55.

You don't want Kelce for 7 years anyway. You certainly don't want to be paying an extra 55 for the privilege's of those 2 years.

I almost wonder if he doesn't quite understand how it works. Because there's clearly something irrational about matching a guy like K-Pass or the shell of Josh Norman. If for some odd reason you want to sign those guys, just bid 'em up to 2 or 3 bucks - nobody's going to get in a bidding war for them.

It almost has to be a misunderstanding of how the system works.

Yeah thats probably it. Let's be honest Clay fucked that team as soon as he drafted Brees. That's just setting your team up for a 2 year window. I would have resigned Kelce and flipped him after next season. Not a chance his skill set doesn't decline in the next few years.

lewdog
01-13-2022, 09:29 PM
Yeah thats probably it. Let's be honest Clay fucked that team as soon as he drafted Brees. That's just setting your team up for a 2 year window. I would have resigned Kelce and flipped him after next season. Not a chance his skill set doesn't decline in the next few years.

How many Sandbox Super Bowls have you played in?

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 09:30 PM

Buddy I haven't even won a playoff game. There's a clear glitch in the simulator that doesn't allow some teams any post season success

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 09:33 PM

I'll give Billay a little credit here - he took a team from the #1 overall pick to a legit contender in very little time.

Granted, his team wasn't as bad as his record in year 1 - he was pretty openly tanking. But it wasn't a very good team and he's aggressively attacked problem areas to make it extremely formidable.

lewdog
01-13-2022, 09:33 PM
Buddy I haven't even won a playoff game. There's a clear glitch in the simulator that doesn't allow some teams any post season success

Shit, you suck.

You need to game plan better. I took Phyliss to a Super Bowl and it's not like my defense is even good.

TambaBerry
01-13-2022, 09:46 PM

Absolutely this, bad ass defense all through regular season. Playoffs come and get tons of points scored against me

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 09:55 PM
Absolutely this, bad ass defense all through regular season. Playoffs come and get tons of points scored against me

Yeah I'm convinced it's randomly selected. No way DJ's team shouldn't haven atleast made the super bowl.

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 10:48 PM
Still curious if anyone wants to make a deal. I have insane depth at DB as well as a little WR depth (especially younger guys).

Looking to either upgrade the top 3 of my WR corps, acquire a LB or add some talent on the interior DL (thanks again for being busted ass POS, Javon Kinlaw, you really screwed me there dude).

I'd ask for a TE, but nobody has one anyway. Fucking Aberdeen.

GIVE ME TRAVIS KELCE BACK YOU DICK!

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 10:53 PM
I FINALLY SIGNED A WR!!! Even though it's AJ Green he's had a nice season with Arizona. The trend of signing WRs with 1-2 good more seasons lives on.

DJ's left nut
01-13-2022, 11:15 PM
Yeah I'm convinced it's randomly selected. No way DJ's team shouldn't haven atleast made the super bowl.

Like I said - I stole your SB two seasons ago. Someone stole mine this year. Happens all the time, really.

But yeah, my team was friggen savage.

Gameplanning DOES matter though. I mean a LOT of my absurd production came from playing dead teams that had no gameplan set up and no roster machinations that would make them a bit more equipped to compete against me.

It's clear that things do matter over large numbers. It surely does seem like the playoffs are random chance sometimes, though. As little sense as me losing in League 1 made, me winning league 2 made even less. That team's maybe 70% as good as this one and again - I was running Fitzpatrick out there in the playoffs (Dak was hurt) and he was throwing passes to Kendrick Bourne as my #1 receiver after Julio went down.

Somehow it didn't matter. Leviska Shenault turns into Randy Moss and goes for 459 yards and 5 touchdowns in the post-season, Ryan Fitzpatrick becomes Joe Montana and a far far FAR inferior team to my squad in League 1 manages to steal a title.

Rain Man
01-13-2022, 11:25 PM

It sounds like you had a cupcake schedule.

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 11:31 PM
Like I said - I stole your SB two seasons ago. Someone stole mine this year. Happens all the time, really.

But yeah, my team was friggen savage.

Gameplanning DOES matter though. I mean a LOT of my absurd production came from playing dead teams that had no gameplan set up and no roster machinations that would make them a bit more equipped to compete against me.

It's clear that things do matter over large numbers. It surely does seem like the playoffs are random chance sometimes, though. As little sense as me losing in League 1 made, me winning league 2 made even less. That team's maybe 70% as good as this one and again - I was running Fitzpatrick out there in the playoffs (Dak was hurt) and he was throwing passes to Kendrick Bourne as my #1 receiver after Julio went down.

Somehow it didn't matter. Leviska Shenault turns into Randy Moss and goes for 459 yards and 5 touchdowns in the post-season, Ryan Fitzpatrick becomes Joe Montana and a far far FAR inferior team to my squad in League 1 manages to steal a title.

Agreed on game planning. Taylor wasn't doing much the last month of the season so I adjusted to throw more. Russ goes for 400 and 3 tds in that playoff sacked 1 time IIRC. Defense chokes and I lose on a fumble in OT.

My 15-1 regular season was a fluke. Mostert was a beast and Judon had like 28 sacks with a great secondary. Your post season that year was a fluke. I recall Benson Meyowa playing like Lawrence Taylor.

Don't get me wrong I'm not really complaining much. It would be pretty boring if the top regular season teams won the title every year but there must be some damn algorithm in the simulator. I'm going to crack that son of a bitch 1 day.

cdcox
01-14-2022, 06:46 AM
Just to be clear, each game simulation requires thousands of random numbers. Of course some of those random numbers (did a fumble occur?) are way more important than others (who won the toss). So there can be upsets, just like in the NFL, and especially in the playoffs where both owners have their team in top shape and they are likely to be more closely matched.

lewdog
01-14-2022, 06:50 AM

Forgot.

LOL CARSON WENTZ?!?!?!

lewdog
01-15-2022, 07:25 AM
Remind me what your unspent salary points do if free agency ends and you don't use it all? Does it all carry over to next year?

PHOG
01-15-2022, 08:09 AM
Remind me what your unspent salary points do if free agency ends and you don't use it all? Does it all carry over to next year?
Yes, half of it....the other half disappears.

TambaBerry
01-15-2022, 11:20 AM
Love when you dig through the entire list after it's been open for a long time and put an offer in just to have someone offer them as well

DJ's left nut
01-15-2022, 11:50 AM
Love when you dig through the entire list after it's been open for a long time and put an offer in just to have someone offer them as well

Amazing how that works sometimes.

I've had guys in the past sit there unbid for 4-5 days, I'll throw a $1 bid on them and within 24 hours they're up in the 60s.

What really burns is when you've got a guy for $1 and next thing you know you get knocked off someone else you're bidding on. So you have a few extra bucks and decide to throw an extra year on the dollar player who has just a few hours left. So then his clock RESTARTS at 3 days and suddenly you end up in a bidding war on a guy you would've ended up getting signed for a year with no problem.

Learned that the hard way last season - at this point I'll just take the single year and hope I can get him re-signed if he earns it. It's just not worth the risk.

Hydrae
01-15-2022, 02:12 PM
Amazing how that works sometimes.

I've had guys in the past sit there unbid for 4-5 days, I'll throw a $1 bid on them and within 24 hours they're up in the 60s.

What really burns is when you've got a guy for $1 and next thing you know you get knocked off someone else you're bidding on. So you have a few extra bucks and decide to throw an extra year on the dollar player who has just a few hours left. So then his clock RESTARTS at 3 days and suddenly you end up in a bidding war on a guy you would've ended up getting signed for a year with no problem.

Learned that the hard way last season - at this point I'll just take the single year and hope I can get him re-signed if he earns it. It's just not worth the risk.

Only being able to sign 2 of your own FAs each year means a lot of turn over if you aren't careful. That is one of the lessons I am working through this year. Being late into the FA pool was likely a mistake too. Ah well.

lewdog
01-15-2022, 02:15 PM
Why is Chidobe Awuzie going for 175?

Titty Meat
01-15-2022, 02:53 PM

LMAO

lewdog
01-15-2022, 02:57 PM
LMAO

I honestly think some people are confused on how this works.

DJ's left nut
01-15-2022, 04:58 PM

Meanwhile I have 6 corners better than him and can’t get so much as a nibble on the trade market.

No clue…

lewdog
01-15-2022, 05:14 PM
Meanwhile I have 6 corners better than him and can’t get so much as a nibble on the trade market.

No clue…

No idea why Billay won’t trade me Russ.

TambaBerry
01-15-2022, 05:15 PM

Well I had him for dirt cheap at a solid deal. Then someone kept running him up so out of spite I just kept going. Now whoever has him has to pay a lot

DJ's left nut
01-15-2022, 05:19 PM
No idea why Billay won’t trade me Russ.

He’s a contender without a backup QB.

Honestly not sure why he’d consider moving him.

lewdog
01-15-2022, 05:24 PM
He’s a contender without a backup QB.

Honestly not sure why he’d consider moving him.

Contender? How about pretender?!

I’ve taken two teams to the playoffs with Flacco and Rivers. Super Bowl once. It ain’t all QBs and you’ve proven that too.

carlos3652
01-15-2022, 05:31 PM
Well I had him for dirt cheap at a solid deal. Then someone kept running him up so out of spite I just kept going. Now whoever has him has to pay a lot

That’s me. Sorry. I read that wrong, I thought his AV was 9…

I had money to burn, I was going to lose it anyway. Make fun.

Rukdafaidas
01-16-2022, 08:52 AM
DJ, this is the Joplin Dog Weiners. If you would be willing to change out Mitch Morse with one of your LG's, you've got a deal. I don't need a Center, but I do need a LG.

DJ's left nut
01-16-2022, 11:38 AM
DJ, this is the Joplin Dog Weiners. If you would be willing to change out Mitch Morse with one of your LG's, you've got a deal. I don't need a Center, but I do need a LG.

I included Feiler in there. He’s the starting guard in LAC. He’s awfully good - probably a top 15ish guard.

I can’t move 2 of ‘em. Tomlinson is why I could trade feiler (and Thuney isn’t ‘throw in’ caliber).

Rukdafaidas
01-16-2022, 12:25 PM
I included Feiler in there. He’s the starting guard in LAC. He’s awfully good - probably a top 15ish guard.

I can’t move 2 of ‘em. Tomlinson is why I could trade feiler (and Thuney isn’t ‘throw in’ caliber).

Sorry, I was thinking Feiler was a RT, which I also need. I dropped Schweitzer last year. I was hoping for either Tomlinson or Thuney. The guys you're offering are better than the players you want, but I'm going to pass. I'm having a hard time trading with a division rival.:)

DJ's left nut
01-16-2022, 12:57 PM
I could do Turner (RT) and Feiler (G) to directly address two OL holes for you but I’d have to re-evaluate a bit as we’re starting to get a little lopsided on that return. Lemme know if that does anything.

DJ's left nut
01-16-2022, 01:18 PM
I feel like you have to take this one A) Because it’s a good deal and B)Because it took me 15 minutes to propose it. Man this is a clunky system.

Rukdafaidas
01-16-2022, 03:30 PM
I feel like you have to take this one A) Because it’s a good deal and B)Because it took me 15 minutes to propose it. Man this is a clunky system.

Sorry man, I'm going to pass. Thanks for the effort, but I can't give up a DT and that offer made my head hurt.:D

DJ's left nut
01-16-2022, 04:12 PM
Included Tomlinson and a replacement DT…

DJ's left nut
01-17-2022, 01:59 PM
C'mon Joplin - lets get this done.

Got ya Tomlinson in the deal now and some strong immediate help elsewhere with a couple of nice long-term gambles in there as well.

Let's make the largest, most confusing and largely inconsequential deal in Sandbox (and sports) history.

DJ's left nut
01-18-2022, 10:03 AM
Player availability is updated.

Go adjust your depth charts as needed, gents. Game time will be here 'fore you know it!

DBs, man - those guys are just always getting dinged up. I have a week where I'm playing CB7 in there. Nobody seems to have the sort of attrition the CB room has.

TambaBerry
01-18-2022, 11:18 AM
damn, looks like im losing my DT i just paid a pretty good penny for

DJ's left nut
01-18-2022, 11:29 AM
damn, looks like im losing my DT i just paid a pretty good penny for

Eh - it's just a little indecent exposure. He'll be fine.

Wasn't that the guy who crashed an ATV prior to training camp and had some neurological issues because of it? And I'm pretty sure this is like the 5th time he's been arrested for some sort of assault.

So. He....may not be fine.

TambaBerry
01-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Eh - it's just a little indecent exposure. He'll be fine.

Wasn't that the guy who crashed an ATV prior to training camp and had some neurological issues because of it? And I'm pretty sure this is like the 5th time he's been arrested for some sort of assault.

So. He....may not be fine.

Lol guess I have to start researching off the field shit with these guys

DJ's left nut
01-18-2022, 11:55 AM
CD, I haven't really gone through all these (and don't intend to), but there are some quirks in the availability.

For instance, Trevis Gipson isn't available in weeks 4-7. He played all those weeks, collected sacks in weeks 4 and 5, started in week 7. Really not sure how that one worked out but it just seems like it may be a bit of a red flag for other potential import errors or something.

Thankya sir.

Titty Meat
01-18-2022, 02:37 PM
I just want someone to love me the same way malik McDowell loves assaulting police officers

DJ's left nut
01-18-2022, 02:42 PM
I'm here to spend talk shit and spend FA money. And I'm all outta FA money.

So spread your cheeks Billay because I'm taking this division again, even with this motley pile of shit receivers. Your has-been malcontent quarterback can't hang with Ryan Tannehill: Sandbox God.

Titty Meat
01-18-2022, 04:26 PM
I'm here to spend talk shit and spend FA money. And I'm all outta FA money.

So spread your cheeks Billay because I'm taking this division again, even with this motley pile of shit receivers. Your has-been malcontent quarterback can't hang with Ryan Tannehill: Sandbox God.

Smh Tannehill will just fumble it all away....again

DJ's left nut
01-18-2022, 04:30 PM
Smh Tannehill will just fumble it all away....again

I'm more worried about the WRs.

Man it's a bad lot.

Imma have games where I'm sending Bateman and Shenault out there to support Cedrick Wilson and Christian Kirk. With all the capital I've thrown at WR over the last couple years that corps really did turn to shit on me in a hurry.

Titty Meat
01-18-2022, 04:32 PM
Eh I think you'll be able to slide by as long as you adjust your game plan. That air raid or whatever you want to call it you ran last year probably wouldn't work well at all with this group

cdcox
01-18-2022, 06:49 PM
CD, I haven't really gone through all these (and don't intend to), but there are some quirks in the availability.

For instance, Trevis Gipson isn't available in weeks 4-7. He played all those weeks, collected sacks in weeks 4 and 5, started in week 7. Really not sure how that one worked out but it just seems like it may be a bit of a red flag for other potential import errors or something.

Thankya sir.

I fixed it. It was not systematic. There are certain people that have to be matched manually. Trevis Gipson and Tashaun Gipson both play defense for the Bears and I just mixed them up.

Titty Meat
01-18-2022, 09:27 PM
I'm excited to see what this defense can do. Switch from the 34 to 4-3 with Jordan/Bosa on the ends that's a hell of a pass rush, the defensive tackles are pretty average, JOK/Davis/Werner is a nice LB core, Ramsey/Jackson/Slay is a great corner tandem. Kind of surprising the on thing that's lacked with my defense in the past is creating turnovers. You turn the ball over against my team or get into 2/3rd & long against them you're pretty fucked with how efficient the offense has been (averaged over 30 a game the past few seasons) this team again just lacks a true #1 WR though Samuel had an amazing season IRL and Taylor was the best back in the league.

DJ's left nut
01-19-2022, 09:02 AM
Guess we'll find out what Odell Beckham Jr. and Amon Ra St. Brown bring to the party.

I think that strengthens the lineup a little bit. Lost a few guys who had lost spots in the lineup and probably overpaid on balance, but I traded from depth at least.

DJ's left nut
01-19-2022, 09:29 AM
Sorry man, I'm going to pass. Thanks for the effort, but I can't give up a DT and that offer made my head hurt.:D

Did ya vanish?

Had to make some moves that sent out pieces that could've allowed for some of those larger trades but I sent a smaller one w/o Ford in there. Seems like a pretty straightforward swap of depth for some areas the other guy could use some help in.

Titty Meat
01-19-2022, 05:21 PM
Need to take Antono Brown to Sandbox court to get some of that money back

DJ's left nut
01-19-2022, 05:24 PM
Need to take Antono Brown to Sandbox court to get some of that money back

I'd send you a nominal asset for him.

Curtis Samuel is on a 2 year deal; won't do dick for you this year but might help next year.

Titty Meat
01-19-2022, 05:54 PM
I'd send you a nominal asset for him.

Curtis Samuel is on a 2 year deal; won't do dick for you this year but might help next year.

I'll probably hold onto him atleast for this season provides me some depth for half the year. I don't see alot of value with Samuel 2020 might have been as good as it gets for him

DJ's left nut
01-19-2022, 07:18 PM
I'll probably hold onto him atleast for this season provides me some depth for half the year. I don't see alot of value with Samuel 2020 might have been as good as it gets for him

Tracy Walker or Michael Burton may give you some value.

lewdog
01-19-2022, 08:02 PM
I don't hate my roster but I will definitely have to move the sliders to account for my QB position for the 3rd year in a row.

Someday I'll have a QB who is worthy.

Titty Meat
01-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Tracy Walker or Michael Burton may give you some value.

I think I'm good at those positions.

Titty Meat
01-20-2022, 08:50 PM
Hey CD since Watt is now a Billygoat I noticed he's not available in the playoffs but as you'll recall he was activated for their wildcard game

cdcox
01-20-2022, 09:13 PM
Hey CD since Watt is now a Billygoat I noticed he's not available in the playoffs but as you'll recall he was activated for their wildcard game

Because many NFL players are not active in the playoffs, we use a different model to determine playoff availability in Sandbox than who actually played.

1. If a player is active either of the last two games of the regular season, they are active during the playoffs and no new injuries occur to Sandbox players.

2. If a player misses both of the last two weeks during the regular season, there is a probability that they could return during each week of the playoffs. Roughly, the longer a player has been out, the lower the chances of them returning in any individual week.

In J.J. Watt's case, he missed a bunch of games at the end of the regular NFL season, so in Sandbox, the chances of him returning any given week of the playoffs were pretty low. Sorry, but them's the breaks.

DJ's left nut
01-20-2022, 09:36 PM
Well damn - while I wasn't paying attention I think I made my Benton squad in League 2 better than my CoMo squad in 1.

OL and DL is better, Secondary isn't quite as deep but just as good through the top end.
WR corps are about the same with a few games from Julio and Brown as well as Bourne to raise the ceiling a bit. I also have to strong pass-catching TEs in Goedert and Albert O. LB crew is again pretty similar to my Columbia one. Dak at QB vs. Tannehill in 1. Harris, Herbert and CEH at RB.

Man that DL is savage: Brian Burns - Jonathan Allen - Javon Hargrave - Arik Armstead and Kenny Clark/Al Woods in reserve roles. OL with Kolten Miller, Joe Thuney, JC Tretter, Quinton Spain and Dion Dawkins. This team is nasty in the trenches.

TambaBerry
01-20-2022, 10:03 PM
Well damn - while I wasn't paying attention I think I made my Benton squad in League 2 better than my CoMo squad in 1.

OL and DL is better, Secondary isn't quite as deep but just as good through the top end.
WR corps are about the same with a few games from Julio and Brown as well as Bourne to raise the ceiling a bit. I also have to strong pass-catching TEs in Goedert and Albert O. LB crew is again pretty similar to my Columbia one. Dak at QB vs. Tannehill in 1. Harris, Herbert and CEH at RB.

Man that DL is savage: Brian Burns - Jonathan Allen - Javon Hargrave - Arik Armstead and Kenny Clark/Al Woods in reserve roles. OL with Kolten Miller, Joe Thuney, JC Tretter, Quinton Spain and Dion Dawkins. This team is nasty in the trenches.

My league 2 team is miles better then my league one team but I'm slowly changing that

carlos3652
01-21-2022, 01:36 AM
I saw someone wanted to trade but then canceled - I haven’t been able to play in the last couple days due to work. Let me know if you are still interested. Sorry for not being available

DJ's left nut
01-21-2022, 08:29 AM
I saw someone wanted to trade but then canceled - I haven’t been able to play in the last couple days due to work. Let me know if you are still interested. Sorry for not being available

Sometimes the trade expires (or in my case I traded someone away I had included in multiple offers).

I think Sandbox cancels any trade that is more than 3 days old.

carlos3652
01-21-2022, 08:58 AM
Sometimes the trade expires (or in my case I traded someone away I had included in multiple offers).

I think Sandbox cancels any trade that is more than 3 days old.

Ooof. Thanks ;)

DJ's left nut
01-21-2022, 09:01 AM
Ooof. Thanks ;)

If you're in League 2, I'm still looking for a LBer upgrade. In league 1 I have a spare T and a little DL depth I can move for...something.

PHOG
01-21-2022, 09:52 AM

Yep, you'll be hard to beat with your QB back. I'm going thru QB purgatory, with buttoil boy not playing (and may not ever again, who knows).

DJ's left nut
01-21-2022, 10:57 AM
Yep, you'll be hard to beat with your QB back. I'm going thru QB purgatory, with buttoil boy not playing (and may not ever again, who knows).

The secondary was looking like it might be a real problem.

But then adding Adoree Jackson, Sidney Jones, Adrian Phillips and Jimmie Ward in the span of about 4 days patched that shit right up. That's an upgrade at CB2 (and by extension, Nickel/Dime) as well as FS and SS. I went from having a real problem at safety to maybe the top pair in the league, especially with how the two of them complement each other.

Wasn't able to put the WR corps over the top but got some nice value adds to help with depth.

TambaBerry
01-21-2022, 11:02 AM

Trade you cousins and Elliot for JT

carlos3652
01-21-2022, 11:49 AM
If you're in League 2, I'm still looking for a LBer upgrade. In league 1 I have a spare T and a little DL depth I can move for...something.

My starters @ LB are Pratt, Ginkel and Barr backed up by Mosely and Autry who I rotate in on the Defensive line sometimes... I dont think you would be interested in Hewitt or my rookies (Roche, Sherwood) or Bostic who is out all this year.

I think im ok on tackles unless you have something better than Brown / Wynn, I have Davis and Okorafor as backups.

DE / DT Im weak at with my best player being Williams and Hunter tearing his pec this year. I have some ok talent but if you have upgrades there let me know.

DJ's left nut
01-21-2022, 12:30 PM
Sorry CD, but I got another one.

Brandon Bolden played all 17 games this year and Sandbox has him missing 4. I wouldn't care that much but/for I brought him on specifically as a backup for some games my primary guys missed and so I kinda need him 'round those games.

DJ's left nut
01-21-2022, 12:37 PM
Side note - any interest in Dalvin Cook in League 1? Could package w/ a WR for an upgrade at the position or move him for a LBer? Would also be interested in a TE.

DJ's left nut
01-21-2022, 03:43 PM
Lew!

Go accept my offer, dammit. I gave you want you asked for in exchange for what you're offering. Make it hap'n, cap'n.

lewdog
01-21-2022, 05:14 PM
Lew!

Go accept my offer, dammit. I gave you want you asked for in exchange for what you're offering. Make it hap'n, cap'n.

Shit where am I requesting something? If it’s the trade block it’s not updated. I’ll look later though.

PHOG
01-21-2022, 06:16 PM
Trade you cousins and Elliot for JT

I think I'll pass.

Titty Meat
01-21-2022, 06:54 PM
DJ how do you sleep at night knowing you ripped dude off? St Brown is an emerging stud in surprised he was traded for that

DJ's left nut
01-21-2022, 07:57 PM
Huh.

So…I guess I have Christian McCaffrey now. So that’s neat. Won’t do a damn thing for me this year but Harris and Bolden can carry the load. Be good in 2022 CMC!!!

carlos3652
01-21-2022, 09:14 PM
It’s weird playing for the future when we used to have 2 years in our back pocket to cheat with… after this year it’s going to get much more difficult.

DJ's left nut
01-22-2022, 11:37 AM
It’s weird playing for the future when we used to have 2 years in our back pocket to cheat with… after this year it’s going to get much more difficult.

And the FA structure changes pretty substantially after this one as well. My memory is that it's a random draw who becomes available in FA and when during the actual NFL season.

And with FA essentially being the entire NFL season (IIRC), there's going to be a real change in approach in how to deal with it. Do you speculate early in week 1 on someone that's available having a good year? Or do you keep your powder dry until week 10 or later to have an actual track record as to who's available? Especially knowing that the market is going to get stiffer as the options are well known and more limited.

Gonna be a BIG change next season. That's why I was okay trading Cook for CMC - an extra year with a guy with a track record of success and an established role is gonna have value one way or the other.

Its why I also burned a few extra dollars on some guys I probably could've had for 1 season. Getting them for 2 or 3 was worth the trouble so I wouldn't have to speculate as much next season.

rtmike
01-25-2022, 09:13 AM
I built a helluva team years back but never got to play it cause it started over.
Several guys I drafted are still playing.
Once I get back into it....

Past few years I've been scambling for desktop access so I've missed the drafts.

I was saving $$ and blew it on that pos Brady and now it sounds like he's retiring, lol.

Took over Aces in other league too. Wind From West.

So, I'm Vancouver Volcanoes and just took over Carson City. I'm now settled so hope to stay current.

DJ's left nut
01-25-2022, 09:57 AM
Offer sent to Carson City…

lewdog
01-25-2022, 01:00 PM
I built a helluva team years back but never got to play it cause it started over.
Several guys I drafted are still playing.
Once I get back into it....

Past few years I've been scambling for desktop access so I've missed the drafts.

I was saving $$ and blew it on that pos Brady and now it sounds like he's retiring, lol.

Took over Aces in other league too. Wind From West.

So, I'm Vancouver Volcanoes and just took over Carson City. I'm now settled so hope to stay current.

Your teams fucking suck!!!

rtmike
01-26-2022, 10:41 AM
Your teams ****ing suck!!!

Figure that out on your own?

rtmike
01-26-2022, 10:44 AM
Offer sent to Carson City…

Nice offer. It'd fill that team up.

I just don't have much for pass catchees,

DJ's left nut
01-26-2022, 11:43 AM
Nice offer. It'd fill that team up.

I just don't have much for pass catchees,

Tried to get you a long-term asset in there with it. Any reason to take another run at it? I might be able to improve on that a little bit (not sure how much, but I can give it a shot).

lewdog
01-26-2022, 12:35 PM
Figure that out on your own?

Is that your best smack talk?!

Are you Canadian or something?!?!!

rtmike
01-26-2022, 05:33 PM
Everyone else is patting themselves on the back, lol.

You're just another wannabe armchair GM with a big mouth, f newbie, smh.
Who knew you and Dane switched usernames, lol.

lewdog
01-26-2022, 05:40 PM
Everyone else is patting themselves on the back, lol.

You're just another wannabe armchair GM with a big mouth, f newbie, smh.
Who knew you and Dane switched usernames, lol.

ROFL

That was perfect.

Titty Meat
01-26-2022, 05:41 PM
Your team sucks Mike

rtmike
01-26-2022, 06:16 PM
Your team sucks Mike

Yeah I know.

Here it comes....

My phone won't let me + rep you guys so BRING IT,.

This'll be fun. You guys don't have a clue what I've been through.

rtmike
01-26-2022, 06:26 PM
NoROFL

That was perfect.

My best Skip impression.

DJ's left nut
01-26-2022, 09:44 PM
No

My best Skip impression.

Your PM box is full, sir.

(and yes, I'm in league 2; Benton Golden Beavers)

Titty Meat
01-26-2022, 09:45 PM
Yeah I know.

Here it comes....

My phone won't let me + rep you guys so BRING IT,.

This'll be fun. You guys don't have a clue what I've been through.

Just friendly banter. Hope things are getting better sorry to hear that man

DJ's left nut
01-27-2022, 01:16 PM
Eh I think you'll be able to slide by as long as you adjust your game plan. That air raid or whatever you want to call it you ran last year probably wouldn't work well at all with this group

McLaurin
St. Brown
OBJ
Kyle Pitts

You were saying? OL is anywhere from intact to improved. The secondary is better, the DL is deeper and the LBs have finally been tightened up after throwing far too many assets at it.

And I'll even get to enjoy Christian McCaffrey for a few games here and there.

Come and take it, son...

lewdog
02-03-2022, 09:01 PM
Is League 1 supposed to be doing anything right now?

Titty Meat
02-03-2022, 09:12 PM
McLaurin
St. Brown
OBJ
Kyle Pitts

You were saying? OL is anywhere from intact to improved. The secondary is better, the DL is deeper and the LBs have finally been tightened up after throwing far too many assets at it.

And I'll even get to enjoy Christian McCaffrey for a few games here and there.

Come and take it, son...

Yeah I can't believe some of those trades people approved lol

lewdog
02-05-2022, 07:43 AM
Is League 1 supposed to be doing anything right now?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdcox
02-05-2022, 02:20 PM
We’re in free agency. Bid if you want to.

lewdog
02-09-2022, 07:38 AM
Getting my roster down to the “right 53.”

lewdog
02-20-2022, 08:13 PM
Are we just in limbo waiting for something?

Rain Man
02-20-2022, 08:14 PM
Are we just in limbo waiting for something?

Yeah, we're processing the NFL data. Check your rosters one last time while you can still get free agents.

lewdog
02-20-2022, 08:18 PM
Yeah, we're processing the NFL data. Check your rosters one last time while you can still get free agents.

I just cut to the right 53.....well except having a QB.

It's game time!

DJ's left nut
02-21-2022, 12:14 PM
Still open to deals w/ Columbia Cards in league 1 or the Bentonville Golden Beavers in league 2.

Have largely converted most of my depth at this point, but I can always find solutions.

lewdog
02-21-2022, 01:02 PM
Still open to deals w/ Columbia Cards in league 1 or the Bentonville Golden Beavers in league 2.

Have largely converted most of my depth at this point, but I can always find solutions.

I’d trade with you but your team sucks.

DJ's left nut
02-21-2022, 01:40 PM
I’d trade with you but your team sucks.

I don't even have a backup QB and he's STILL better than whoever you have under center...

lewdog
02-21-2022, 02:05 PM
I don't even have a backup QB and he's STILL better than whoever you have under center...

ROFL

cdcox
03-12-2022, 12:26 PM
You received an email mentioned that simulations will begin Sunday. It should have been Sunday, 3/20, not tomorrow.

Titty Meat
03-12-2022, 12:43 PM
Oh look guys Columbia plays another easy team. No wonder he makes the playoffs every year

lewdog
03-12-2022, 03:52 PM
Allen of the Jaguars to DE please, not OLB?

cdcox
03-12-2022, 04:10 PM
Allen of the Jaguars to DE please, not OLB?

He actually had more snaps at OLB, but just play him at DE if you are in a 4-3. It will be fine.

lewdog
03-12-2022, 04:28 PM
He actually had more snaps at OLB, but just play him at DE if you are in a 4-3. It will be fine.

Interesting.

I play a 3-4 though..........

Thanks for checking.

Titty Meat
03-12-2022, 04:33 PM
Johnathan Abram is a safety n0t a LB dawg

lewdog
03-12-2022, 04:35 PM
Johnathan Abram is a safety n0t a LB dawg

I'm drinking this afternoon too but it appears you're ahead of me.

Titty Meat
03-12-2022, 04:36 PM
I'm drinking this afternoon too but it appears you're ahead of me.

No I'm sober as a gopher my phone just fucking sucks

lewdog
03-12-2022, 04:40 PM
No I'm sober as a gopher my phone just fucking sucks

Well that sucks, x2.

Get well soon.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2022, 04:40 PM
Oh look guys Columbia plays another easy team. No wonder he makes the playoffs every year

Try no going 0fer against me and that may help…

DJ's left nut
03-12-2022, 04:45 PM
Man.

I go set that lineup and think "wow - this is a hell of a squad..."

Then I realize Odell Beckham, Josh Bynes and Akhello Witherspoon aren't even available yet....

Phew. Y'all better hope that random algorithm comes up snakeyes for me a LOT this year...

Titty Meat
03-12-2022, 04:49 PM
Jalen Ramsey
JC Jackson
Darius Slay
Mike Hilton
Bryce Callahan

Child.

lewdog
03-12-2022, 04:50 PM
Man.

I go set that lineup and think "wow - this is a hell of a squad..."

Then I realize Odell Beckham, Josh Bynes and Akhello Witherspoon aren't even available yet....

Phew. Y'all better hope that random algorithm comes up snakeyes for me a LOT this year...

How do you look up who won the title each year?

DJ's left nut
03-12-2022, 04:53 PM
Hnnnnggg....

McLaurin, OBJ, St. Brown and Pitts.

Gdamn that's sexy. All this noise about Patrick Surtain Jr. and he wasn't even the best rookie CB in the league last year. That's my boy Eric Stokes and I can't even get him on the field. I mean maybe one of these days I'll find some use for Laramy Tunsil but probably not.

And after this year the real work begins when I can just go get my new franchise QB since you saps don't know what you're looking for.

lewdog
03-12-2022, 05:53 PM
Jalen Ramsey
JC Jackson
Darius Slay
Mike Hilton
Bryce Callahan

Child.

Yeah but your game planning sucks.

Rukdafaidas
03-12-2022, 07:47 PM
I wish the game planning wouldn't reboot each season.

lewdog
03-13-2022, 08:03 AM
Hnnnnggg....

McLaurin, OBJ, St. Brown and Pitts.

Gdamn that's sexy. All this noise about Patrick Surtain Jr. and he wasn't even the best rookie CB in the league last year. That's my boy Eric Stokes and I can't even get him on the field. I mean maybe one of these days I'll find some use for Laramy Tunsil but probably not.

And after this year the real work begins when I can just go get my new franchise QB since you saps don't know what you're looking for.

You didn't win it all last year right? Who did you lose to?

lewdog
03-14-2022, 07:01 AM
I didn't get any sleep.

I stayed up all night waiting for the sims to post.

Rain Man
03-14-2022, 09:32 AM
I didn't get any sleep.

I stayed up all night waiting for the sims to post.

Only six more to go.

cdcox
03-18-2022, 06:58 PM
Y'all got your lineups set? Sims run on Sunday at 8:00 Eastern.

Titty Meat
03-20-2022, 08:54 PM
1-0

DJ's left nut
03-21-2022, 08:06 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and say that the 'Trevis Gipson: Situational Pass Rusher' experiment got off to a nice start.

6 sacks, 5 forced fumbles. Not a bad day for the new guy.

That Myles Garret fella provided alright support for him on the other side w/ 4 sacks and 3 forced fumbles of his own.

Justin Fields may not be ready for prime time. Just a thought.

DJ's left nut
03-30-2022, 09:11 AM

1-0

Don't hear as much chirping now that you've lost to one of those dormant squads...

And I went ahead and beat the brakes off probably the 2nd best squad out there.

Titty Meat
03-30-2022, 01:55 PM
Don't hear as much chirping now that you've lost to one of those dormant squads...

And I went ahead and beat the brakes off probably the 2nd best squad out there.

Have fun hanging that week 2 championship banner

DJ's left nut
03-30-2022, 02:05 PM
Have fun hanging that week 2 championship banner

I don't play in Allen Fieldhouse - no fake 'Helms Trophies' in my case.

lewdog
03-30-2022, 09:23 PM
My team sucks.

I am tanking for the year.

Titty Meat
03-30-2022, 09:34 PM
My team sucks.

I am tanking for the year.

Do it. There's no good QBs in the draft so we can figure out compensation for Wilson

lewdog
03-30-2022, 09:36 PM
Do it. There's no good QBs in the draft so we can figure out compensation for Wilson

Let's make a trade now.

lewdog
03-31-2022, 07:07 AM
So can't trade during the season?

Fucking communists!

Titty Meat
04-03-2022, 08:12 PM
How does a team with Mahomes go 0-3 who's the GM of Joplin? You suck man

BigRedChief
04-03-2022, 08:24 PM
Sorry guys, just can’t find to play.

lewdog
04-03-2022, 09:06 PM
Still don’t understand how you get someone other than a free agent returning kicks.

cdcox
04-03-2022, 10:04 PM
Still don’t understand how you get someone other than a free agent returning kicks.

Have someone on your team that returned a decent number of kicks in the NFL.
Same for punt returners. Have someone on your team that returned a decent number of punts in the NFL.

Rukdafaidas
04-04-2022, 10:38 AM
How does a team with Mahomes go 0-3 who's the GM of Joplin? You suck man

That would be me and you're 100% correct. LMAO
I've got no idea what I'm doing. I was up 31-16 with 9 minutes left in the game yesterday and managed to give it up.

TambaBerry
04-04-2022, 10:39 AM

It's why I signed jakeem bgrant

DJ's left nut
04-04-2022, 10:47 AM
That would be me and you're 100% correct. LMAO
I've got no idea what I'm doing. I was up 31-16 with 9 minutes left in the game yesterday and managed to give it up.

If I'm playing a tough offense, I turn off that 'hurry up' shit. You can bomb a 9 point lead as quick as a hiccup in this game.

Keep the hammer down, IMO. There's just not enough benefit to trying to milk the clock.

DJ's left nut
04-04-2022, 10:50 AM
It's why I signed jakeem bgrant

Deonte Harris has been good for a 40 yard return every game thus far. He's been a major advantage.

6-0 through the 2 leagues w/ a couple of pretty tough matchups in League 1 that we've handled pretty easily.

Still some kinks to work with my WR rotation but it may just be that I'm simply not as strong there as I was last year (pretty likely). Fortunately we're MUCH better at running the ball this year so I can just adjust the dial a tick.

TambaBerry
04-04-2022, 11:26 AM
My Jc Jackson, and diggs CB combo has been insane. 25 points threw three games given up and multiple ints

lewdog
04-05-2022, 07:24 AM
My Jc Jackson, and diggs CB combo has been insane. 25 points threw three games given up and multiple ints

Have you ever made the Super Bowl?

Titty Meat
04-10-2022, 07:32 PM
Nice loss DJ

TambaBerry
04-10-2022, 07:37 PM
Have you ever made the Super Bowl?

Nope, broken algorithm doesn't allow me too

DJ's left nut
04-10-2022, 08:41 PM
Nice loss DJ

Yeah, that was an ugly game.

Nothing obviously terrible, Tannehill just wouldn't push the damn ball down the field. All underneath crap and a whole bunch of plays short of the sticks.

Just a lousy game by Tannehill. Defense did what it could - offense didn't answer the call.

lewdog
04-10-2022, 09:26 PM
Nope, broken algorithm doesn't allow me too

Loser

lewdog
04-10-2022, 09:29 PM
I barely beat Corona Light who started a free agent running back and Fields. :facepalm:

I have no QB in Taylor Heinicke. I may consider playing Trevor Siemien. :facepalm:

Titty Meat
04-10-2022, 10:04 PM
I barely beat Corona Light who started a free agent running back and Fields. :facepalm:

I have no QB in Taylor Heinicke. I may consider playing Trevor Siemien. :facepalm:

And somehow your 3rd/4th down conversion rate is 60%

Titty Meat
04-17-2022, 08:42 PM
Despite Braden Smith only playing 1 game this season it appears the offensive line strategy is paying off this offense is a beast

lewdog
04-17-2022, 09:06 PM
3 in a row.

DJ's left nut
04-18-2022, 08:21 AM
Getting my running game sorted out a little bit to try to address some of these captain checkdown sort of games from Tannehill. That's nice. Tannehill needs to knock it off with these interceptions though. 4 picks already is just not gonna fly.

Wanna talk about O-Lines though; my boys have given up 4 sacks all season. With a 15% pressure rate on 200 drop backs. There's an 8% point gap from my squad down to 2nd place. And that's with Trent Brown absent for most of the year. My guys are out there blowing the curve all to hell.

And my special teams have been crazy good. Another punt return TD and AJ Cole is good for a few 60+ yard bombs with no return every game. Wanna try to Herm ball me and my ST unit will make you pay for it. Not bad for a unit with 100% turnover from last season.

Titty Meat
04-24-2022, 06:44 PM
Comeback Russ we miss you

TambaBerry
04-24-2022, 06:49 PM
So, Herbert is an int machine. Also, Cdcox cheats his team has 36 sacks and TJ Watt has like 16 come on lol

DJ's left nut
04-24-2022, 09:24 PM
Fired a shutout against a quality Royal Oak squad. And stayed undefeated in league 2.

Gonna tinker with the lineup a bit still. OBJ not really having much of an impact. I guess that was largely to be expected but I was hoping maybe his efforts in LA could goose his output a bit more.

Getting that running game ironed out as well.

lewdog
04-25-2022, 07:05 AM
I put my blitz rate super low to play Lamar.

A free agent RB beat me instead.

rtmike
04-25-2022, 03:22 PM
How many sacks DT have against Seattle, lol?

I think Poyer blew him away with one of my teams that suck with 9 last night, lol! Better put that D plan away until 5-22?, lol.

Where's the back patting gif? Last place schedule must have me playing garbage teams?

Vancouver V has been auto drafted since leagues inception. Seeings how I'm confident this league stays intact this time, I'll start putting more time into it.

Hydrae
04-25-2022, 03:43 PM
How many sacks DT have against Seattle, lol?

I think Poyer blew him away with one of my teams that suck with 9 last night, lol! Better put that D plan away until 5-22?, lol.

Where's the back patting gif? Last place schedule must have me playing garbage teams?

Vancouver V has been auto drafted since leagues inception. Seeings how I'm confident this league stays intact this time, I'll start putting more time into it.

Vancouver V in league #2? So, it was you that beat me by 1 point this week! :cuss:

rtmike
04-25-2022, 04:08 PM
Vancouver V in league #2? So, it was you that beat me by 1 point this week! :cuss:

Yes sir. I won last week by 3, lol. My teams aren't that good. I'm getting lucky and got whipped by a team in my conference.
We're next years afc west, lol

Nice to know you're active, makes me feel a little better, lol.

Me overpaying for the GOAT has helped. Pretty sure Sandbox mimics the nfl, lol.

Good luck my friend.

cdcox
04-25-2022, 06:10 PM
Last night we opened up inter-league play through challenge games. It is a way to gage your team against a broader array of competition. You can find more info on the Sandbox message board and the play menu under your team’s name on the main menu.

rtmike
04-25-2022, 06:29 PM
Last night we opened up inter-league play through challenge games. It is a way to gage your team against a broader array of competition. You can find more info on the Sandbox message board and the play menu under your team’s name on the main menu.

Seen that.

Bunch of teams not accepting yet!

DJ's left nut
04-25-2022, 09:36 PM
Who wants a whupin'!?

TambaBerry
04-25-2022, 09:39 PM
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/sandbox_trans_prod/views/recent_challenge_games_view.php on line 9

I'm getting this. DJ play my Sparks Red riders team

DJ's left nut
04-25-2022, 09:39 PM
Seen that.

Bunch of teams not accepting yet!

I don't see Vancouver as a squad on my list of teams to challenge.

I wouldn't mind my CoMo squad getting some cracks at those Solar West units...

TambaBerry
04-25-2022, 09:44 PM
Nvm DJ I figured it out. When do the challenges sim?

DJ's left nut
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/sandbox_trans_prod/views/recent_challenge_games_view.php on line 9

I'm getting this. DJ play my Sparks Red riders team

Well shit, I just challenged some team out of the Dolphins league so I can't accept one yet (or if I can, I don't know how).

TambaBerry
Well shit, I just challenged some team out of the Dolphins league so I can't accept one yet (or if I can, I don't know how).

I challenged you idk how it works though

TambaBerry
04-25-2022, 09:46 PM
Oh duh read the rules haha every 15 minutes

DJ's left nut
04-25-2022, 09:46 PM
Nvm DJ I figured it out. When do the challenges sim?

Evidently every 15 minutes on the quarter hour.

So I guess at 11?

EDIT: NM -- looks like it ran at 10:45.

TambaBerry
04-25-2022, 09:48 PM
You stomped me haha damn Ints

DJ's left nut
04-25-2022, 10:00 PM
Damn - lost with Benton. I guess since Dak isn't technically in my lineup (he's out this week) they rolled with FA under center.

And it still took a literal last second TD from Mahomes to beat my boys.

Couple of stout squads...

TambaBerry
04-27-2022, 12:56 PM
My teams are turnover machines in sandbox challenges wtf

DJ's left nut
04-27-2022, 01:44 PM
8-0

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjYYKpKVAAE9Ys-.jpg

DJ's left nut
04-28-2022, 10:10 AM
So how's it determined who you can challenge?

I wanted to challenge the Detroit Vipers, for instance. It's grayed out - I couldn't (even when other boxes were available). But they could challenge me (and did, fortunately).

Seems like there's some asymmetry here I don't understand.

Rain Man
04-28-2022, 10:34 AM
So how's it determined who you can challenge?

I wanted to challenge the Detroit Vipers, for instance. It's grayed out - I couldn't (even when other boxes were available). But they could challenge me (and did, fortunately).

Seems like there's some asymmetry here I don't understand.

There are rules about how many challenges you can make, so perhaps that's the issue?