PDA

View Full Version : Football Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

lewdog
03-02-2019, 03:43 PM
I see no reason I won't dominate the West. What a weak division.

DJ's left nut
03-02-2019, 03:49 PM

It really does depend on how the simulator handles unicorns.

Mahomes and Wilson are just extremely unique animals. Will they dominate the simulator on account of it?

If no, I have as good a shot as anybody. Russ has lost a lot of games in his career and even Mahomes didn't bat 1.000.

Not knowing that, I'd say I'm sitting third with a solid shot at 2nd. But I won't completely close the book on stealing the division and just going Full Ravens with it.

Hammock Parties
03-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Wilson's sack percentage is just too much of a worry for me.

brorth
03-02-2019, 03:56 PM

Bookmarked to laugh at you later.

MagicHef
03-02-2019, 03:58 PM

You realize that you're the one with Flacco, right?

lewdog
03-02-2019, 04:18 PM
You realize that you're the one with Flacco, right?

Oh Fuck!!!

TambaBerry
03-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Oh ****!!!

What defense are you running?

TambaBerry
03-02-2019, 04:20 PM
I fully expect to get my ass kicked

lewdog
03-02-2019, 04:35 PM
What defense are you running?

I’m not telling.

Fuck you!

TambaBerry
03-02-2019, 04:36 PM
I’m not telling.

**** you!

Lol ok

lewdog
03-02-2019, 04:39 PM
I mean without the ability to draft an elite QB, because of shit draft position, I’m fucked anyway. I’ll play Flacco but he only played 9 games last year so that’s pretty terrible to because the Sim takes that into account, correct?

I really have no idea how this all works.

TambaBerry
03-02-2019, 04:43 PM
I mean without the ability to draft an elite QB, because of shit draft position, I’m ****ed anyway. I’ll play Flacco but he only played 9 games last year so that’s pretty terrible to because the Sim takes that into account, correct?

I really have no idea how this all works.

He will only be available in sandbox on the weeks he played in. So say he played weeks 1-9, he won't be available 10-16

Titty Meat
03-02-2019, 05:02 PM

Your QB is Joe Flaaco

wheeler08
03-02-2019, 05:02 PM
If anyone wants to trade back let me know

TambaBerry
03-02-2019, 05:04 PM
It's a weekend and it's even slower

lewdog
03-02-2019, 05:04 PM
He will only be available in sandbox on the weeks he played in. So say he played weeks 1-9, he won't be available 10-16

So when I go 9-7, winning all the games Flacco plays in and make the playoffs, can he then play in the playoffs?

lewdog
03-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Your QB is Joe Flaaco

Who’s your QB?

I can’t figure out all the teams since people changed their user names.

DJ's left nut
03-02-2019, 05:14 PM

Wasn't he active in weeks 15-17?

He's available if he was just benched. I thought they activated him after the Chiefs game and into the post-season.

TambaBerry
03-02-2019, 05:15 PM
Wasn't he active in weeks 15-17?

He's available if he was just benched. I thought they activated him after the Chiefs game and into the post-season.

I didn't look at his games, I just made up the weeks. I still think he had to have played in the game to mean he was active

DJ's left nut
03-02-2019, 05:22 PM
I didn't look at his games, I just made up the weeks. I still think he had to have played in the game to mean he was active

I don't believe that's accurate. If they're on the gameday roster, play or no, they're available.

TambaBerry
03-02-2019, 05:28 PM
I don't believe that's accurate. If they're on the gameday roster, play or no, they're available.

I'm hoping you're right and I'm wrong

cdcox
03-02-2019, 05:29 PM
That’s not important.. What’s important is the fact that I literally had one guy on my draft board and it decided to do it’s own thing.

It’s kind of funny because I actually had Tarik Cohen ahead of Trubisky, but when my first pick came up it took Mitch over Tarik. Pretty weird.

Any particular reason that happened, cdcox?

I'm confused about who you had on your draft board at the time your first pick came up? Did you have Cohen first, followed by Trubisky?

Both picks took the full time. It appears Lockett was picked by the bot.
For some reason he was listed as your 3rd most desired player with no 1 or 2. I moved him up to 1. I will investigate in more detail later.

cdcox
03-02-2019, 05:37 PM

This is correct.

TambaBerry
03-02-2019, 05:42 PM
This is correct.

Awesome!

ThaVirus
03-02-2019, 05:44 PM
I'm confused about who you had on your draft board at the time your first pick came up? Did you have Cohen first, followed by Trubisky?

Both picks took the full time. It appears Lockett was picked by the bot.
For some reason he was listed as your 3rd most desired player with no 1 or 2. I moved him up to 1. I will investigate in more detail later.

Hmm, does the auto-draft feature take players on your board from top-to-bottom or the other way around? Cohen was above Trubisky on my board. I just assumed the players at the top of your board would get taken first.

Full rundown: I had removed pretty much everyone from my draft board this morning a few picks before mine. I had Lane Johnson at the top, Tarik Cohen below him, then Trubs. Lane Johnson apparently went a couple picks before I came up so he must have been removed, leaving Cohen and then Trubs. The auto-drafter took Trubisky, leaving Cohen alone. Then, for some reason, Lockett was taken instead of Cohen.

Hammock Parties
03-02-2019, 05:56 PM
The Aberdeen Anarchy and Vail Snow Devils have reached an accord.

AA drops to 143 and moves up from 202 to 191.

VSD will pick at 135.

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/nfl_ap_cpeterson1_300.jpg?w=300&h=200&crop=1

cdcox
03-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Hmm, does the auto-draft feature take players on your board from top-to-bottom or the other way around? Cohen was above Trubisky on my board. I just assumed the players at the top of your board would get taken first.

Full rundown: I had removed pretty much everyone from my draft board this morning a few picks before mine. I had Lane Johnson at the top, Tarik Cohen below him, then Trubs. Lane Johnson apparently went a couple picks before I came up so he must have been removed, leaving Cohen and then Trubs. The auto-drafter took Trubisky, leaving Cohen alone. Then, for some reason, Lockett was taken instead of Cohen.

Players at the top should be taken first. Not sure what happened. It seemed to ignore Cohen all together. I will still try to understand why it happened.

Rain Man
03-02-2019, 07:35 PM
I could offer former first round draft pick and Mizzou great Charles Harris. I have no doubt that his 2 sacks through 25 career games is nothing but a slow start.

I accepted your trade offer. It seems like a win-win. So Chris Wormley is now a Snow Devil, and Charles Harris is an Ermine.

rageeumr
03-02-2019, 07:37 PM
I accepted your trade offer. It seems like a win-win. So Chris Wormley is now a Snow Devil, and Charles Harris is an Ermine.

I hope the change of scenery works for him.

lewdog
03-02-2019, 07:57 PM

This is correct.

So explain further please.

If Flacco was on roster but benched, that means he will be playing in my Sim even if he only played in 9 games for real?

Hammock Parties
03-02-2019, 08:04 PM
143 up for trade

DJ's left nut
03-02-2019, 08:07 PM
So explain further please.

If Flacco was on roster but benched, that means he will be playing in my Sim even if he only played in 9 games for real?

Correct, apart from the few games he was actually inactive due to injury.

TambaBerry
03-02-2019, 08:09 PM
143 up for trade

is my pick 162 too far?

DJ's left nut
03-02-2019, 08:10 PM
143 up for trade

Still willing. Probably still too far away.

Hammock Parties
03-02-2019, 08:38 PM
I'll consider 162. Have to be a good offer, though....I'm gonna need an extra pick, not just a swap.

wheeler08
03-02-2019, 08:40 PM
143 up for trade

If the player I want is still available at ur 154, is like to try to trade up to ya from 164

Hammock Parties
03-02-2019, 08:45 PM
If the player I want is still available at ur 154, is like to try to trade up to ya from 164

We'll see how the board falls, but send me an offer when the time is here.

Hammock Parties
03-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Last call for 143.

We are on the phone with Columbia.

https://i.imgur.com/RsZVYfZ.png

wheeler08
03-02-2019, 10:34 PM
I backed out. Hoping my guy falls and I have backup plans

Titty Meat
03-02-2019, 10:38 PM
I cant wait to fuck up Clay's team

Hammock Parties
03-02-2019, 10:51 PM
Oh shit, Aberdeen and Columbia had a deal hammered out but Aberdeen's over-eager quality control scout ran their card up right as King Carl was getting off the phone.

Alas.

DJ's left nut
03-02-2019, 10:57 PM
Well damn....guess the fax machine got stuck.

Still willing to include an extra mid-round pick with my 164 rather than a swap. Getting less critical but a board can fail to shit in a hurry. I'll leave that feeler out there for everyone up for the next several picks.

But maybe check the trade desk before making your pick if you've made a counter. Gonna be some bad blood between rival GMs in Aberdeen and Columbia if that draft board goes sideways...

Titty Meat
03-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Oh shit, Aberdeen and Columbia had a deal hammered out but Aberdeen's over-eager quality control scout ran their card up right as King Carl was getting off the phone.

Alas.

Cant wait to see the fist fight at the commissioners meeting

Hammock Parties
03-02-2019, 11:10 PM
Cant wait to see the fist fight at the commissioners meeting

There will be no fist fights.

I'm counting on Drew Brees being a sandbox alex smith on steroids.

It's gonna be fun.

I really hope we get a Mahomes-Brees Sandbox Bowl.

CoMoChief
03-02-2019, 11:47 PM
will lawrence please draft so i can have last pick of the night.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 07:43 AM
Clay if my guy is still there at your next pick, I’ll submit an offer for me to move up 10 spots this round, and you move up ten spots the next round.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 07:53 AM
Ugh, I can already feel the eyes of the Lord upon me if it comes up my pick and I’m in church.

lewdog
03-03-2019, 08:30 AM
Ugh, I can already feel the eyes of the Lord upon me if it comes up my pick and I’m in church.

Bathroom break.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 08:36 AM
Clay if my guy is still there at your next pick, I’ll submit an offer for me to move up 10 spots this round, and you move up ten spots the next round.

Gotta do better.

Rukdafaidas
03-03-2019, 09:08 AM
There have been 2 or 3 guys that I haven't been able to find in the system, like Julian Edelman.

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 09:10 AM
There have been 2 or 3 guys that I haven't been able to find in the system, like Julian Edelman.

weird, I can't find him either

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 09:14 AM

He had to have been stashed on a roster already.

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 09:16 AM
He had to have been stashed on a roster already.

i searched that

Rain Man
03-03-2019, 09:45 AM
i searched that

If a guy wasn't on an opening day roster, he won't be in this list and he'll come available in the free agency period. I think Edelman was suspended for being a cheating Patriot to start the season, wasn't he? That would explain it.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 09:48 AM
And now Enid screws me. We agree to a deal, he picks anyway.

Fucking amateur hour in this bitch...

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 09:50 AM
Not gonna lie it's super easy to ignore your trade options when there's no popup or email notification.

Rain Man
03-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Not gonna lie it's super easy to ignore your trade options when there's no popup or email notification.

Email is our bane in this system so far. I think cdcox is tackling the problem.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 10:00 AM

A simple popup like CP does with PMs would suffice for me.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 10:46 AM
I'm guessing you all hate me for that pick.

https://media.tenor.com/images/148faf0a6992ec5771be31f18399bd06/tenor.gif

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 10:48 AM
That disturbance you felt was the addition of !@#$ing Fitzmagic to the Cards...

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 11:15 AM
It's snowing in KC...just get on the computer and pick, fools

cdcox
03-03-2019, 11:26 AM

Players not listed were not on an NFL active roster on opening day. Julian "roids" Edelman falls into that category.

cdcox
03-03-2019, 11:29 AM
A simple popup like CP does with PMs would suffice for me.

?? CP has a pm message notification in the upper right corner, no pop-up. At least on my configuration.

ThaVirus
03-03-2019, 11:29 AM
It's snowing in KC...just get on the computer and pick, fools

85 and sunny here, bitch.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 11:31 AM
?? CP has a pm message notification in the upper right corner, no pop-up. At least on my configuration.

Yeah maybe I used to get pops and no longer do, or maybe it's a popup blocker thing.

cdcox
03-03-2019, 11:37 AM

Whoops, never coded to send the email. My bad. Easy fix.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 11:37 AM
85 and sunny here, bitch.

Posts on CP while his pick is up....still takes an hour....

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 11:44 AM
If anyone in the next few picks wants to fall back a few spots, shoot me a deal

ThaVirus
03-03-2019, 11:45 AM
So, about the sim:

1) How much of a difference can we see in performance from players playing outside of the position or scheme they're listed? Lane Johnson at LT instead of RT for instance? Von Miller in a 4-3?

2) Bench players who ended up performing well in starting roles. Damien Williams, for instance. Could someone take him and start him as a workhorse for the entire 16-game season and expect similar results to the handful of games he started?

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 11:47 AM
If anyone in the next few picks wants to fall back a few spots, shoot me a deal

What would you want to trade up to 162

ThaVirus
03-03-2019, 11:48 AM
Posts on CP while his pick is up....still takes an hour....

I'm literally going to take an hour for every one of my picks just to keep seeing you cry about it.

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 11:49 AM
I'm literally going to take an hour for every one of my picks just to keep seeing you cry about it.

Petty as fuck

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 11:51 AM
If anybody else would like to agree to a trade with me and then make your !#@$ing pick anyway, I'm still listening as well.

Would do a later round pick swap to move up from 163 or give up a 16th round pick outright. That's still during the 'need a starter' rounds so there's some solid value there.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Could someone take him and start him as a workhorse for the entire 16-game season and expect similar results to the handful of games he started?

No.

Yards yer play averages will be degraded based on the amount of work they received in real life.

That's what happened with Sproles. He averaged 6.9 YPC in 2011 and he was absolutely destroying Sandbox in the first month. So cdcox tweaked the software a bit to account for players who didn't have that many touches relative to their YPC/YPR/YPA etc.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 11:59 AM
Has anyone tried the trade block page? I guess its just type in the blank instead of any kind of drop down menu and I don't see a way to save it or anything. I entered in Alex Smith, available for anything and then there's no way of saving it that I see.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 11:59 AM
No.

Yards yer play averages will be degraded based on the amount of work they received in real life.

That's what happened with Sproles. He averaged 6.9 YPC in 2011 and he was absolutely destroying Sandbox in the first month. So cdcox tweaked the software a bit to account for players who didn't have that many touches relative to their YPC/YPR/YPA etc.

Yeah, I remember Sproles just destroying creation.

It does appear to be some combination of rate and volume. Though I think CD probably does have some way of accounting for guys who shouldn't pro-rate up when used more (Sproles being an obvious example; Gio Bernard worked that way for me) vs. someone who COULD if given more opportunity. I would imagine it's based on part on how they were actually used but I don't suspect we'll get that answer from CD.

The fog of war is part of the fun...

cdcox
03-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Has anyone tried the trade block page? I guess its just type in the blank instead of any kind of drop down menu and I don't see a way to save it or anything. I entered in Alex Smith, available for anything and then there's no way of saving it that I see.

Apparently broke.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 12:16 PM
Apparently broke.

Yeah, I tried to shop Direckshun's whore of a mother for a late round pick and sadly got no takers. I figured it had to be a problem with the board because CP knows that Direckshun's whore of a mother is worth at LEAST a developmental guard prospect or something...

ThaVirus
03-03-2019, 12:16 PM
No.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said workhorse. For the handful of games Williams started for KC, he was putting up elite production. If I were to take him and just give him around the same amount of touches he received, on average, in the games he started, could I expect to see an extrapolation of his superstar numbers over the course of an entire season?

I'm assuming that's a no since he's still on the board and a lot of you have experience with the sim already, but I want to make sure I have as much info as possible.

Yeah, I remember Sproles just destroying creation.

It does appear to be some combination of rate and volume. Though I think CD probably does have some way of accounting for guys who shouldn't pro-rate up when used more (Sproles being an obvious example; Gio Bernard worked that way for me) vs. someone who COULD if given more opportunity. I would imagine it's based on part on how they were actually used but I don't suspect we'll get that answer from CD.

The fog of war is part of the fun...

I was curious about it for a guy like Alvin Kamara as well. It appears he could easily be the bell cow, and he was while Ingram was out, but since he splits so much time with other Ingram and Hill, I wonder how the sim would respond to him staying on the field and taking on a greater workload for the entire season..

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 12:23 PM
Sorry, I shouldn't have said workhorse. For the handful of games Williams started for KC, he was putting up elite production. If I were to take him and just give him around the same amount of touches he received, on average, in the games he started, could I expect to see an extrapolation of his superstar numbers over the course of an entire season?

No...if they didn't get 250 carries during the season they're not going to have the same production rate as if they did.

I'm pretty sure the sim engine isn't detailed enough to break things down by "starts" either, vs games. Which would be a foolhardy bit of programming anyway, because even if you start a game it doesn't mean you necessarily carried any sort of workload.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 12:26 PM

I'm assuming that's a no since he's still on the board and a lot of you have experience with the sim already, but I want to make sure I have as much info as possible.

I was curious about it for a guy like Alvin Kamara as well. It appears he could easily be the bell cow, and he was while Ingram was out, but since he splits so much time with other Ingram and Hill, I wonder how the sim would respond to him staying on the field and taking on a greater workload for the entire season..

He had 270 touches...pretty sure you're going to be fine giving him a starter's role.

Keep in mind though, cdcox has built in a very nice feature...if you give a RB more than....I don't think he gave us an exact number but I'm sure it's around 325-350....if you Larry Johnson a guy the next year he comes back not as effective.

brorth
03-03-2019, 12:26 PM
So much of it is your game plan, too. In league 2, I experimented with Cam Newton. I set my formation to a 5 wide almost exclusively. I had Cam run out of the formation something like 90% of the time. If I remember right, he rushed for 954 yards.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 12:28 PM

The reason I didn't take Kamara was my belief that the SIM would notice how much his raw efficiency degraded this season when he was asked to carry more of the load.

Kamara wasn't as good this year as he was as a rookie. He was still excellent, but he wasn't a world-ender like he would be had you pro-rated his 2017 production over a full season's workload.

My expectation (read: hope) is that a bellcow season from Kamara is treated differently than just rating up his 2017 season for add'l carries. Because if it doesn't, I made a biiiiiig mistake passing on him in the 1st.

Titty Meat
03-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Put her on auto draft because who the fuck gets up at 7am on a weekend? It drafted Oliver for me hes a fine player but I'm running a 43 guess he'll be my D end that ends Clay's season

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 12:53 PM
Yea I took Zeke over Kamara because of Kamara splitting so much with Ingram.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 12:54 PM
Put her on auto draft because who the **** gets up at 7am on a weekend? It drafted Oliver for me hes a fine player but I'm running a 43 guess he'll be my D end that ends Clay's season

Any of us that have kids probably were, I know I was up bright and early at 6am. Thanks kids!

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Put her on auto draft because who the fuck gets up at 7am on a weekend? It drafted Oliver for me hes a fine player but I'm running a 43 guess he'll be my D end that ends Clay's season

You can't be serious.

Vernon is average trash who will probably be injured if we even play.

Just chill in the loser conference.

It's too bad you couldn't get your ass out of bed. The early bird gets the worm:

https://media.giphy.com/media/11Kd3cLULiB6hO/giphy.gif

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 01:00 PM
Any of us that have kids probably were, I know I was up bright and early at 6am. Thanks kids!

Yup.

2 babies, a puppy and a 5 yr old. I was in the midst of my best sales pitch over the sounds of a wailing puppy (and winning) when I got cock-blocked by the 5 year old.

God dammit kid, I put you to bed at 9 last night and fully expected that to yield dividends this morning. What the hell are you doing up at 7?

So sadly, I'd have been ready to make my pick...

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 01:02 PM
You can't be serious.

Any conference that is carrying the dead weight of the South Division doesn't get to call the other a 'loser conference'.

I mean can we just preemptively relegate the South Division to the AAF?

Titty Meat
03-03-2019, 01:02 PM
You can't be serious.

86 grade by PFF you're fucked

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Those cold blooded fuckers will cockblock in a heartbeat! I got in 2 rounds in between the 3 year old coming in our room for a drink at 10pm. Pretty proud of myself!

Titty Meat
03-03-2019, 01:03 PM

Oh my. I didnt even get home til about 1:30 watching those horrible fights

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 01:04 PM
Is AustinChief the owner of CP? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 01:09 PM
86 grade by PFF you're fucked

LMAO

You're the Mark Davis of Sandbox.

cdcox
03-03-2019, 01:11 PM
Trade block working.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 01:12 PM
LMAO

You're the Mark Davis of Sandbox.

If someone wants to routinely stay the !@#$ away from my draft board, you'd best by God let them.

You keep doing you, Billay. Don't you let Clay convince you to start taking guys who don't suck.

cdcox
03-03-2019, 01:14 PM
So much of it is your game plan, too. In league 2, I experimented with Cam Newton. I set my formation to a 5 wide almost exclusively. I had Cam run out of the formation something like 90% of the time. If I remember right, he rushed for 954 yards.

That is on the list of fixes to make.

ThaVirus
03-03-2019, 01:15 PM
You can't be serious.

It's too bad you couldn't get your ass out of bed. The early bird gets the worm:

https://media.giphy.com/media/11Kd3cLULiB6hO/giphy.gif

What's this gif have to do with anything?

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 01:16 PM

I believe it has something to do with the 3-fingered geriatric that Clay's all excited about drafting...

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 01:17 PM

I thought you guys already dealt with that. My memory was that someone tried it and ended up running like 35 reverses to his WRs.

Maybe that was a theory that was discussed but never actually happened.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Trade block working.

Yea its weird how theres nothing to click to save or anything, but it did work.

cdcox
03-03-2019, 01:23 PM
I thought you guys already dealt with that. My memory was that someone tried it and ended up running like 35 reverses to his WRs.

Maybe that was a theory that was discussed but never actually happened.

Those came to light after the last Sim season. Haven't touched the simulator since, but that will change.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Those came to light after the last Sim season. Haven't touched the simulator since, but that will change.

FIX YO SHIT!

brorth
03-03-2019, 01:34 PM

lol, I almost added that it pissed you off enough that you vowed to fix it...

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 01:51 PM

That's my stud DE JPP

cdcox
03-03-2019, 02:01 PM
lol, I almost added that it pissed you off enough that you vowed to fix it...

Not mad at all. Just trying to make the game more realistic.

lewdog
03-03-2019, 02:08 PM
I like another pick somewhere in the area of my other 2 coming up

MagicHef
03-03-2019, 02:21 PM
What happens if autodraft is on but my board is empty?

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 02:26 PM
What happens if autodraft is on but my board is empty?

The Sandbox algorithm appears to have some order of players and will pick someone for you.

Sadly, it will almost certainly not be a punter...

MagicHef
03-03-2019, 02:27 PM
The Sandbox algorithm appears to have some order of players and will pick someone for you.

Sadly, it will almost certainly not be a punter...

Does the pick happen immediately or after my time is up?

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 02:29 PM

That I do not know. I would guess immediately since the auto-pick is on.

cdcox
03-03-2019, 02:29 PM

I haven't tested that, but the coding logic says it should wait until end of hour.

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Van Noy, Edmunds, Leonard as my linebackers. Damn son

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Van Noy, Edmunds, Leonard as my linebackers. Damn son

WTF I thought we were gonna make a trade? Guy after you stole my guy:cuss:

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 02:39 PM
Now I'm gonna go waaaaaay off the draft board. Y'all probably don't know him now, but I think you'll know him soon...

Columbia takes: Marlon Humphrey, CB - Baltimore

He looked amazing at times last season; like a genuine #1 guy. At 22 as a high-pedigree pick (I really liked him out of Alabama) who appeared to find his footing and develop well last season, I'm excited about who he can be. He has pretty much the perfect build for a CB and outstanding agility/speed.

Ward/Humphrey as my CB due for the next 7-8 years is gonna be something special. I probably could've waited another round to make that pick but he was the one guy on my board who I'd have been genuinely irritated to have missed out on because I think people are sleeping on him...but it only takes one other guy to !@#$ me and that CB has gotten awfully thin, awfully fast.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 02:39 PM
WTF I thought we were gonna make a trade? Guy after you stole my guy:cuss:

So it appears I could NOT have waited another round...

I had 2 !@#$ing trades put together to go up and get this guy exclusively out of fear that someone else had found their way to him. Guess that all worked out alright afterall.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 02:41 PM
So it appears I could NOT have waited another round...

Nope I've been trying to trade up to get him.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 02:43 PM
Nope I've been trying to trade up to get him.

Oh damn - you're sitting at 164.

Yeah...that's gotta sting a bit.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 02:47 PM
Oh damn - you're sitting at 164.

Yeah...that's gotta sting a bit.

you could say that

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 02:51 PM
On top of that I've been on and off here since 7am to make that pick, and every person took an hour to make their pick except the 2 guys in front of me

lewdog
03-03-2019, 02:52 PM
Fuck you Flacco!!!!

Will be interesting to see how the computer treats shitty QBs who are now paired with decent WRs. Very little hope I would think.

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 02:53 PM
I never agreed to a trade lol sorry dude. I just wanted to stay where I'm at

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 02:55 PM
183 and 191 coming up!

excited!

giggity!

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 02:59 PM
I never agreed to a trade lol sorry dude. I just wanted to stay where I'm at

My bad, I thought when you said we were good, that meant the offer was good.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 03:00 PM
183 and 191 coming up!

excited!

giggity!

You better wait to get excited tomorrow....

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 03:00 PM
Man this went super fast

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 03:02 PM
Holy Shit, what just happened!!

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 03:04 PM
Well I got the RT I was waiting for, would have been a good day to get the CB I wanted.

Thanks Virus for not taking an hour!

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Holy Shit, what just happened!!

If it makes you feel any better, I was set to go after Moton on the off chance I ever got around to drafting offensive players...

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 03:07 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I was set to go after Moton on the off chance I ever got around to drafting offensive players...

It doesn't....lol

I'm trying to keep balance, as opposed to loading up on one side. That was always my madden strategy.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 03:13 PM
It doesn't....lol

I'm trying to keep balance, as opposed to loading up on one side. That was always my madden strategy.

This was a complete mid-round pivot from me. I literally decided when I was on the clock to completely change course. As the pick was coming up, I'd settled down to Mayfield, Michael Thomas and Kamara. And when it was time to click 'draft' I decided 'ah, fuck it...' and did a 180.

I don't know that it was smart at all, but I simply didn't see a good path to trying to beat my division at its own game and make it a sustainable strategy. It might have worked here and there, but when 3 teams in the division looked to be building along the same lines, I figured I'd see if I couldn't go a different direction and try to end run all 3 of them.

Very much a balls or bust strategy. There's a chance all this capital thrown at the D was for naught. But hey, if so I'll have some nice draft picks to try to build around it.

rageeumr
03-03-2019, 03:13 PM
I quite enjoyed that little ~10 pick run we just went on. All good things must come to an end, it would appear.

lewdog
03-03-2019, 03:14 PM
I’m live picking like a mad man.

No excuses.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Wheeler pissed Tamba off so he's running the clock out of spite...

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 03:16 PM
I'm deciding who I want I'm here

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 03:18 PM
You better wait to get excited tomorrow....

We will easily get through 15 picks before midnight.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 03:21 PM
Wheeler pissed Tamba off so he's running the clock out of spite...

Nah that was Virus who said he would run clock out but he must have set it to auto draft cause 5 picks happened in less than 2 minutes it seemed. We done more picks in the last ten min than we have all day

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 03:21 PM
My offense is going to be such shit lmao but whatever defense wins championships

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 03:56 PM
Need to change your algorithm to not allow the really good returners to automatically be put on a team

CoMoChief
03-03-2019, 04:06 PM
If people could stop taking players off my board.....yeaaaaah uhhhh, that'd be great.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 04:07 PM
If people could stop taking players off my board.....yeaaaaah uhhhh, that'd be great.

Fortunately there's only one other team in the league trying to do what I'm trying to do and for the most part we just take turns stealing each other's guys.

So cheers, Tamba, for keeping me company.

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 04:10 PM
Fortunately there's only one other team in the league trying to do what I'm trying to do and for the most part we just take turns stealing each other's guys.

So cheers, Tamba, for keeping me company.

I think we're idiots but oh well.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 04:24 PM
I think we're idiots but oh well.

Yeah, but we never used a 2nd round pick on Matthew Stafford, so we've got that going for us...

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 04:27 PM
Yeah, but we never used a 2nd round pick on Matthew Stafford, so we've got that going for us...

Or Andy Dalton

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 04:29 PM
You guys should complete your Baltimore copycat scheme and fight over Lamar Jackson

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 04:33 PM
You guys should complete your Baltimore copycat scheme and fight over Lamar Jackson

Pft - I've got Fitzpatrick now to show up, throw deep bombs and arm punts.

Dude's gonna throw 25 interceptions (or more) but it should be fun watching him launch bombs to JuJu and then see if my defense can play 80 snaps/gm.

I'm irrationally giddy about the idea of trying to win games with that !@#$ing hobo at quarterback.

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 04:36 PM

Shit I'm sticking with Cody Kessler. There is not a qb left worth a damn

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 04:38 PM
Shit I'm sticking with Cody Kessler. There is not a qb left worth a damn

We need pre-season games so I can have a genuine by God quarterback competition between Tannehill and Fitz.

What a friggen cripple fight that would be.

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 04:40 PM
How do I make sure Kessler was on a roster all year

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 04:41 PM

This absolutely needs to happen.

And if one of you doesn't take him, I'm going to troll with a late pick if he's still on the board and put him up to the highest bidder.

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 04:45 PM
I'm not wasting a pick on Lamar Jackson

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 04:49 PM
I'm not wasting a pick on Lamar Jackson

I'd support CD allowing me to start a defensive back at QB before putting Lamar back there.

I'm confident there are at least 5 position players in the league who could play QB no worse than Lamar Jackson. I'm not sure who they'd be, but if I had one game with my life on the line and Lamar Jackson or Tyreek Hill are the only 2 guys I could have at QB, I'm pretty positive I'd just stick Tyreek Back there.

And if my memory serves, Johnny Hekker has completed like 12 fake punt passes. So gimme Tyreek for 1 and 2nd downs, then put Hekker in there to chuck one deep on 3rd and then stay on the field for wonky ass fake punt plays on 4th.

Now watch him destroy creation in the Sim.

lewdog
03-03-2019, 04:54 PM
I’m hoping clay does a division by division preview when this is all set.

His writing is pretty entertaining.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 04:55 PM
I don't know why you guys are so down on him? I used to live close to Louisville, and he was treated like a God around there. Lets not forget he ran roughshod on the league until the Chargers playoff game.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 04:58 PM
I don't know why you guys are so down on him? I used to live close to Louisville, and he was treated like a God around there. Lets not forget he ran roughshod on the league until the Chargers playoff game.

Because he can't throw a football.

He was laughably inept at just throwing the ball where he wanted it to go against the Chiefs.

Set aside completion% because even it doesn't do enough justice to just how scattershot that guy's accuracy is. I won't go so far as to say he's Tebow because Tebow was so damn bad he couldn't throw it near enough to a receiver for a defensive back to be close enough to pick it off.

He's more of a taller Tyler Thigpen. He not good.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 04:58 PM

I'm definitely the only media member covering this league.

Follow me on twitter.

lewdog
03-03-2019, 05:00 PM
I'm definitely the only media member covering this league.

Follow me on twitter.

Lol

I don’t have Twitter.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 05:06 PM
Yea I never got the point of twitter

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Yea I never got the point of twitter

it's certainly not for dudes beholden to breast feeding schedules

Titty Meat
03-03-2019, 05:34 PM

He didnt even know who Denzel Ward is

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 05:36 PM
He didnt even know who Denzel Ward is

Oh he will.

You aaaaaaall will...

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 05:42 PM
jesus christ, what are you guys doing, playing with your fucking kids?

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 05:49 PM
aight

who wants 183?

lewdog
03-03-2019, 05:50 PM
jesus christ, what are you guys doing, playing with your fucking kids?

I’ve been on this, working full time, 1 year old and family staying with us from Out of state.

#goals

lewdog
03-03-2019, 05:51 PM
aight

who wants 183?

Me.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 05:53 PM
I’ve been on this, working full time, 1 year old and family staying with us from Out of state.

#goals

I'm neglecting the shit out of my family and have 200 cases sitting with me in my office right now that I'm only half-heartedly reviewing.

I'm committing both familial and legal malpractice so I can have a spreadsheet full of guys, 90% of whom I won't be able to draft anyway.

I'm doing my part, goddammit...

ThaVirus
03-03-2019, 05:54 PM

Or Andy Dalton

Or Minkah Fitzpatrick!

lewdog
I'm neglecting the shit out of my family and have 200 cases sitting with me in my office right now that I'm only half-heartedly reviewing.

I'm committing both familial and legal malpractice so I can have a spreadsheet full of guys, 90% of whom I won't be able to draft anyway.

I'm doing my part, goddammit...

I enjoy your posts very much. Thank you.

ROFL

lewdog
Or Minkah Fitzpatrick!

You should try to have an all black team.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 05:59 PM
FYI we are past breastfeeding.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 06:02 PM

What's the next off-field distraction? Burping techniques?

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 06:03 PM

So are we.

Fucking things deflated more spectacularly than the Hindenburg. I can barely find so much as a nipple to grab onto these days. I suspect she needs to go home and see if her mom kept her old training bras or something.

!@#$ing sucks. Get here soon August. Daddy needs some bolt-ons...

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 06:04 PM
I enjoy your posts very much. Thank you.

ROFL

You say that, but when you get served with summons because I absentmindedly typed "Lewdog" in the defendant line, you're gonna be pissed.

lewdog
03-03-2019, 06:05 PM
You say that, but when you get served with summons because I absentmindedly typed "Lewdog" in the defendant line, you're gonna be pissed.

I need a Trust written up.

Cost?

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 06:08 PM
I need a Trust written up.

Cost?

No earthly idea. The problem with stuff like that is that nobody knows if it's screwed up until after you're dead and it's too late to do anything about it. So the attorneys that do them are damn thorough and it tends to be a little more expensive than you realize. And you can't do something like legalzoom and then ask an attorney to review it because they're not gonna trust an online template (and if they review it and sign off on it, they're just as legally liable as they'd be had they created it from whole cloth).

I'd imagine most estate planning atty's have a flat fee for basic asset protection or pour-over trusts, but they probably get pretty pricey if there are many complicating factors.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 06:14 PM
We appear to have reached the offensive line stage of our program.

Piss in my ass, my QB is gonna be running for his life. There is precisely dick left to choose from. I wonder if I can coax Gosder Cherilius out of retirement. He did a fine job for Clearwater back in the day...

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 06:28 PM
We appear to have reached the offensive line stage of our program.

Piss in my ass, my QB is gonna be running for his life. There is precisely dick left to choose from. I wonder if I can coax Gosder Cherilius out of retirement. He did a fine job for Clearwater back in the day...

“We” reached that part of the program many many rounds ago

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 06:32 PM
Me.

PM sent

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 06:50 PM
PM sent

I'd move Malcom Brown to move up a couple of rounds; solid young starting DT.

Gonna be away for an hour or so; sent you the offer. Accept if interested.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 06:56 PM
Last call for 183.

Rain Man
03-03-2019, 07:19 PM

Hey! Stafford is going to lead us to the promised land.

And if your starter was Matt Cassel, you'd draft Matthew Stafford in the second, too.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 07:24 PM
How many guys you have in your queue?

I’m at 80. I never stop researching. I’m used to fantasy football research but I don’t know some of these defensive players or o lineman. This has been quite enjoyable for me. Thank you for being able to click on a person and it taking you to Pro Football reference. I bet I’ve had 200 plus new tabs open in the past few days!

Titty Meat
03-03-2019, 07:26 PM
I see what you're doin DJ fuckin nice

lewdog
03-03-2019, 07:30 PM
Holy shit Clay. I went outside but had I accepted.........I was taking Heyward with that next pick.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 07:35 PM
Holy shit Clay. I went outside but had I accepted.........I was taking Heyward with that next pick.

Well, fuck you, then. ROFL

Titty Meat
03-03-2019, 07:41 PM
Hey guys remember him?

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 08:11 PM
I see what you're doin DJ fuckin nice

Well if you're gonna be a draft nerd, go with what you know...

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 08:29 PM
UGHHHHHHHH I WAS GONNA TAKE XAVIEN

rageeumr
03-03-2019, 08:32 PM
194 available

MagicHef
03-03-2019, 08:38 PM

Me too.

InvinciBill
03-03-2019, 08:41 PM

Me too.

samesies

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 08:44 PM
My OL is going to be a force of nature.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 08:49 PM
Most of the best players are off the board now.

I have a feeling the next 100 picks are going to be painful for some.

rageeumr
03-03-2019, 08:50 PM
I took my pick but 202 is on the table as well.

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 08:53 PM

Uhhj what?

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 08:53 PM
My OL is going to be a force of nature.

Unless you go against my Dline

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 08:57 PM
I like that Kendall Fuller pick; was hoping he would keep sliding due to Chiefstink and I'd be able to put him where he really excels. Fuller as my NCB would've just been a damn monster...

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 08:59 PM

I feel like I've got maybe 3 more rounds of players I like and depending on how that goes, I'm probably just whippin' darts from that point forward.

I may get lucky and sneak a 4th guy in there since my board seems completely dissimilar from most teams at this point, but that's as much as I can ask.

Gonna be a scouts draft from that point forward. Which is nice, because I'm just better at this than the rest of you...

Titty Meat
03-03-2019, 09:07 PM
I like that Kendall Fuller pick; was hoping he would keep sliding due to Chiefstink and I'd be able to put him where he really excels. Fuller as my NCB would've just been a damn monster...

Yeah I was gonna put him as my nickel paired with Ramsey and Slay that would have been beautiful

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 09:12 PM
I have 67 on my board all I would love to have

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 09:27 PM
I have 67 on my board all I would love to have

I have 52 and probably only 15-20 that I'd be pretty stoked to get.

But I've also made my entire board based on getting 10 rounds covered and then re-evaluating so that's not terribly surprising.

CoMoChief
03-03-2019, 09:40 PM
God damnit you did it again...I was gonna take Barr.

SOAFB!!!! Half of Lawrence's team were guys I was going to take w/ the very next pick.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 09:40 PM
67 on mine

but only two that I really, really want

if I get them both my team is going to be L-E-T-H-A-L

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 09:43 PM
67 on mine

but only two that I really, really want

if I get them both my team is going to be L-E-T-H-A-L

Your team is shit, what is your team?

Titty Meat
03-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Got my stud thumper to concuss all of Clay's players

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 09:55 PM
I still have over 70

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 09:57 PM
Got my stud thumper to concuss all of Clay's players

Your linebackers won't touch my skill position players.

I'm putting together the best line in the league.

Your thumper is going to be an extreme liability against my 3 WR package anyway, especially with Kelce on the field.

lulz

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 09:59 PM
my god, billy, you haven't drafted a single offensive lineman, and they are about to begin FLYING off the board

you may get russ sacked 60 times

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 10:01 PM
my god, billy, you haven't drafted a single offensive lineman, and they are about to begin FLYING off the board

Wait a minute.

I was told we would get a count to 3 Mississippi.

Was I misinformed?

Titty Meat
03-03-2019, 10:05 PM

I have 3 interior guys who are starters moron

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 10:09 PM
billay may be the worst GM in sandbox

he took a QB with the 30th sack rate in the NFL and chose not to protect him with a single elite OL

it's like king carl putting brodie croyle behind the shitshow of kyle turley and I-65

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 10:10 PM

he took a QB with the 30th sack rate in the NFL and chose not to protect him with a single elite OL

it's like king carl putting brodie croyle behind the shitshow of kyle turley and I-65

I haven't drafted a single offensive player

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 10:14 PM
I have 3 interior guys who are starters moron

no, sorry, i just looked at your roster

i see one genuine starter, who is below average and played on one of the worst offenses in the NFL...and a bunch of scabs

and having no tackles with Ryan Kerrigan, Trey Flowers, Myles Garrett and Yannick Ngakoue?

you better starting picking linemen NOW buddy boy...or russell wilson is going to be smashed into a thousand pieces

early forecast: billygoats eat shit

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 10:15 PM
I haven't drafted a single offensive player

that's defensible if you didn't get a shot at an elite QB

you and DJ are doing exactly what you should be doing...BPA, load up on youth, focus on defense, so you can get your QB next year

billay took an elite QB and decided he wanted him dead

InvinciBill
03-03-2019, 10:16 PM

SOAFB!!!! Half of Lawrence's team were guys I was going to take w/ the very next pick.

If it makes you feel any better, you haven’t selected a single player that I was targeting in the even rounds.

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 10:17 PM

you and DJ are doing exactly what you should be doing...BPA, load up on youth, focus on defense, so you can get your QB next year

Excuse me, I have Cody fucking Kessler. All he needs to do is run clock and my stud defense will score enough to win games

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 10:18 PM

Now let's be fair - Russ is elite under pressure; one of the best in the league at it (IIRC).

So sure, Wilson's gonna take some sacks. But if there's anyone that can work under pressure and perform, it's him.

When Wilson gets the ball off, it's gonna be alright for him.

I mean if it's Wilson and a patchwork OL or Brees and his new 'less mobile Alex Smith' underneath passing game, I'll take the former.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 10:23 PM

Oh how wrong you are.

I'm building an offense around Fitzbombs to JuJu. It's essentially what you wanted back before you realized what you wanted. Back when you were jerkin' and derpin' to Joe Flacco's horrid accuracy but desperate need to throw the ball far.

It isn't that I was building a team that prioritized the defense - it's that I simply don't need anything more than Fitz and JuJu.

Fuck it, I'm throwing deeeeeeeeep....

Rain Man
03-03-2019, 10:33 PM
I see no way you all can compete with the Ermines. We're building a juggernaut. We've got talent all over the board. Except punter, I guess, but that's because we'll have no need for a punter.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 10:34 PM
Fuck it, I'm throwing deeeeeeeeep....

To the other team.......

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 10:35 PM
computer-generated model of an average billygoats offensive play in 2019:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-15-2015/fMHXV0.gif

Rain Man
03-03-2019, 10:39 PM
But really, who are we all kidding? We're all competing for second place against the Joplin Mahomeses.

carlos3652
03-03-2019, 10:41 PM

Correct... he took my pick every time he was ahead of me. I hope selfishly that I at least returned the favor once.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2019, 10:44 PM
To the other team.......

Hey, the more time my defense can spend on the field, the better - right?

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 10:48 PM
I mean if it's Wilson and a patchwork OL or Brees and his new 'less mobile Alex Smith' underneath passing game, I'll take the former.

Patchwork? It's going to be a disaster.

And you're trolling. Brees + Evans + Kelce + the weapons I have targeted...it's going to be L-E-T-H-A-L

TambaBerry
03-03-2019, 10:54 PM
Patchwork? It's going to be a disaster.

And you're trolling. Brees + Evans + Kelce + the weapons I have targeted...it's going to be L-E-T-H-A-L

I bet I can guess the two players

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 11:08 PM
I bet I can guess the two players

It's not just two players. I have options. Several players can fill those roles.

wheeler08
03-03-2019, 11:26 PM
When does the draft end each night? How does that work about who makes last pick and who waits till morning?

Hammock Parties
03-03-2019, 11:28 PM
When does the draft end each night? How does that work about who makes last pick and who waits till morning?

12 AM - 8 AM the clock is off.

ThaVirus
03-03-2019, 11:33 PM
But really, who are we all kidding? We're all competing for second place against the Joplin Mahomeses.

He really lucked out with the #1 overall pick. IIRC, he went all offense with his first six or eight picks so he shouldn't have any issue scoring.

DJ's left nut
03-04-2019, 12:02 AM
12 AM - 8 AM the clock is off.

While plodding through paperwork that I should've had done already I put on The Last Jedi just to have something on that I don't have to pay attention to.

This movie still sucks dick. It's even worse on second viewing. What an incredible piece of shit.

TambaBerry
03-04-2019, 12:04 AM
While plodding through paperwork that I should've had done already I put on The Last Jedi just to have something on that I don't have to pay attention to.

This movie still sucks dick. It's even worse on second viewing. What an incredible piece of shit.

Seriously it's such a shit movie and is completely nothing like what Luke would be like

cdcox
03-04-2019, 12:06 AM

If your draft clock ends after midnight, the autopick doesn't kick in until 8:00 AM. But if people before you make manual picks after midnight and it puts you on yhr clock at 4:00 AM, the autopick will kick in at 8:00 on the dot. Always good to have people on your draft board.

All times ET.

DJ's left nut
03-04-2019, 12:09 AM
Seriously it's such a shit movie and is completely nothing like what Luke would be like

I'm sitting here irritated at the fact that I have it on but pot-committed just to make sure I haven't unfairly lambasted it.

But fuck me running, it's getting worse with every passing minute. She's talking to a mirror now and I keep hoping that I just forgot the part where it shatters and kills her. And Rose.

Did I miss the part where Ren takes his shirt off? Because that was serious shit; need to make sure I that doesn't get past me here.

Oh, that's right - she just kicked Luke's ass. Because, y'know, she's been at this for like 4 days now. Clearly she can just beat the shit out of a Jedi Master. He's just out of practice...y'know, that stuff that's so important that Rey doesn't need any. Fuck. This. Movie.

TambaBerry
03-04-2019, 12:15 AM
I'm sitting here irritated at the fact that I have it on but pot-committed just to make sure I haven't unfairly lambasted it.

But fuck me running, it's getting worse with every passing minute. She's talking to a mirror now and I keep hoping that I just forgot the part where it shatters and kills her. And Rose.

Did I miss the part where Ren takes his shirt off? Because that was serious shit; need to make sure I that doesn't get past me here.

Oh, that's right - she just kicked Luke's ass. Because, y'know, she's been at this for like 4 days now. Clearly she can just beat the shit out of a Jedi Master. He's just out of practice...y'know, that stuff that's so important that Rey doesn't need any. Fuck. This. Movie.

It's amazing how they can ruin a movie this bad. Rogue one was good, force awakens was ok even though it was the same as new hope, Solo was terrible, and the last Jedi was just like he wanted to take a giant steamy shit on the series. I mean Rose was such an awful character and her fucking up the ending was garbage. Great now I'm pissed off

Hammock Parties
03-04-2019, 12:19 AM
You wil both suffer for this outrage.

DJ's left nut
03-04-2019, 12:24 AM
Hey, did you know that arms dealers sell to both sides? HOW THOUGHT-PROVOKING!!!

Oh now General Unnecessarily Hides Plans and Antagonizes Her Lieutenants is yelling at Poe and shit. And BB8 is a ninja and Oceans 3 has failed and Benicio Del Toro is busy setting ablaze all the love he earned from me in Sicario...

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME BENICIO!!! HOW COULD YOU INVOLVE YOURSELF IN THIS UNGODLY ABOMINATION!!!?!?!??!

{banging. head. on. desk.}

TambaBerry
03-04-2019, 12:26 AM
You wil both suffer for this outrage.

You honestly liked it?

DJ's left nut
03-04-2019, 12:28 AM
You honestly liked it?

I believe his position is that it's the best of the franchise.

He's....wrong. Very very wrong.

It might better than The Phantom Menace.

Might. And even giving it that, it ain't by much.

TambaBerry
03-04-2019, 12:33 AM
The whole Casino plot was so bad

DJ's left nut
03-04-2019, 12:41 AM
Oh shit! This is amazing!

This long fight scene with Rey and this red jedi guy dude with two 'light daggers' or whatever. And she's fending him off and such and then one of the blades just...isn't there anymore.

He parries a swing, spins her around and has his left hand ready to just plunge that dagger thing in her back after he subdues her and the blade in his left hand just...vanishes. He holds his hand there like 'uh...missed your mark' and there's a cut.

Did what's her head just fuck that up so badly so frequently that they just decided 'ah screw it, we'll fix it in post...' and they moved along?

You have to watch that fight again - it's the most ridiculous thing. It has to be that she couldn't get the fight scene figured out so they just gave up.

Rukdafaidas
03-04-2019, 07:04 AM

I like the way you think. :clap:

Hammock Parties
03-04-2019, 07:09 AM
I believe his position is that it's the best of the franchise.

Nah. It is the best Star Wars movie since Empire, though. The most original by far.

Hammock Parties
03-04-2019, 07:18 AM
He parries a swing, spins her around and has his left hand ready to just plunge that dagger thing in her back after he subdues her and the blade in his left hand just...vanishes. He holds his hand there like 'uh...missed your mark' and there's a cut.

Wow. Just watched this and it is pretty bad.

He could have gutted her like a fish with his left blade as soon as she parried.

That's moviemaking for you, though. If it's not immediately noticeable no one cares.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/985/796/f6a.gif

TambaBerry
03-04-2019, 07:23 AM
thats just a bad stunt, not a garbage story with cliche hollywood bullshit

Hammock Parties
03-04-2019, 07:27 AM
thats just a bad stunt, not a garbage story with cliche hollywood bullshit

so was that particular sequence DJ's referencing in the last jedi

the story is quite good...and it's quite FREE of cliche hollywood bullshit, I might add

this is no action schlock sci-fi

it turned the franchise on the ear and split the fanbase right down the middle...that's good...so did Empire

wheeler08
03-04-2019, 07:28 AM
Ok nerds, I’d like to move up soon as possible so my pick doesn’t get stolen in front of me again. Anyone picking first thing this morning want to fall back a few spots? Shoot me an offer

Hammock Parties
03-04-2019, 07:28 AM
Alright. Back to football. Let's cut the crap, boys. I've given this some thought.

I have 231 and 250.

I want to upgrade them both.

What's it gonna take?

TambaBerry
03-04-2019, 07:31 AM
those two picks for my second coming pick

wheeler08
03-04-2019, 07:35 AM
those two picks for my second coming pick

Hey hold on, if you would take that deal, I pick before him next round and might be interested