PDA

View Full Version : MU ***Official 2011-2012 Mizzou football repository thread***

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Bambi
07-07-2011, 01:35 PM
We could be picking between Quinn Mecham and Jordan Webb!

Is there EVER news that MU has that doesn't need to reference KU?

lol

|Zach|
07-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Is there EVER news that MU has that doesn't need to reference KU?

lol

Is this where I talk about people stalking other people? Yea. It sounds fucking lame doesn't it. Don't worry I won't go down that road.

This is a thread about the game of football you are completely out of your element...run along and be a front running homer...

NaptownChief
07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
A handful of so called "sources" are saying Gunner Kiel to IU and some saying it is down to Bama and Indiana.

I'm sure hoping the Indiana story is correct but my Hoosiers rarely get good news when it comes to football.

alanm
07-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Big 12 football: ESPN, Fox collusion troubling (http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2011/07/07/big-12-football-espn-fox-collusion-troubling/)

Posted by berrytramel (http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/author/berrytramel/)
on July 7, 2011M at 8:00 am

The Longhorn Network is getting another game for its stash of content. (http://newsok.com/article/3583297) Fox has allowed ESPN to move one of Texas’ conference games to the Longhorn Network.
Call it a can of worms. On both sides of the Platte, a million Nebraska fans are smiling, and this time, you can’t call them crazy.
http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/files/2011/07/OSU-TEXAS-FOOTBALL-300x249.jpg (http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/files/2011/07/OSU-TEXAS-FOOTBALL.jpg)Oklahoma State's Tracy Moore (87) is brought down by Texas' Christian Scott (6) during the college football game between the Oklahoma State University Cowboys (OSU) and the University of Texas Longhorns (UT) at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas, Saturday, November 13, 2010. Photo by Sarah Phipps, The Oklahoman

Moving a Big 12 game to the Longhorn Network will cause quite the uproar this season. Depending on the opponent, it could be a firestorm. If it’s, say, Oklahoma State or Texas Tech, that means fans of the Cowboys or the Red Raiders possibly could have to subscribe to the Longhorn Network to see the game.
Big 12 spokesman Bob Burda said ESPN, which is a partner in the Longhorn Network, has agreed to make a “best effort” to get the game placed in the market of Texas’ opponent, which would minimize the damage. But it’s a PR fiasco.
Just what Nebraska warned could happen is happening. The Texas network is causing all kinds of problems. And here’s the kicker. It’s not even Texas’ doing.
The blame for this lies at the feet of ESPN and Fox Sports Net. ESPN hatched this idea, trying to build subscribers to the network and recoup its $300 million commitment. But Fox had to sign off. Fox owns the cable rights to Big 12 football; except for one game a year per school, which will almost always be against a rumdum opponent, ABC/ESPN and Fox own the rights to the games.
If a game is going to be on cable television, it’s going to be on Fox Sports Net, or FSN has to grant a waiver. FSN granted a waiver for the Longhorn Network.
FSN had its reasons. Sources say Fox in 2012 wants to move at least one game to big Fox — its over-the-air network, which televises the NFL and Major League Baseball. Big Fox long has been mentioned as a possible destination for Big 12 football; heck, I’ve been mentioning it myself for years. The Big 12 on Big Fox is an idea whose time has come.
But not at this cost. The indignity of OSU or Tech or Baylor or whoever having to play a game on the Longhorn Network, with UT announcers, is not good for conference morale.
http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2011/07/07/big-12-football-espn-fox-collusion-troubling/

(http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2011/07/07/big-12-football-espn-fox-collusion-troubling/)

Bambi
07-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Is this where I talk about people stalking other people? Yea. It sounds ****ing lame doesn't it. Don't worry I won't go down that road.

This is a thread about the game of football you are completely out of your element...run along and be a front running homer...

Stalking? No, that's your department.

I only thought I'd see what people were talking about MU's new QB recruit. Thought maybe the fanbase would be excited about it instead of simply referencing Kansas Football once again...guess I was wrong, haha.

Oh, and about football being out of my element...

I went to the 22nd winningest high school football program in America so I've enjoyed my fair share of quality football.

You can go with some news without bringing up KU, really....it's ok.

beer bacon
07-07-2011, 02:00 PM
There's something I really really like about that video: Watch his head when he's on the move.

Once Gabbert started moving, his head went to the rushers and the space in front of him. He was looking to scramble or simply avoid getting blasted. As a result of that, I think he started feeling more phantom pressure as well.

Mauk appears to have a great innate feel for the pocket. He's constantly looking downfield when he's moving around. Look at how many plays he started moving around in, only to stop and fire 20-25 yards down the field. His ability to keep an eye on the 2nd level while moving as opposed to the area immediately around him created a lot of yards and points for his offense.

Maybe it's just a product of HS tapes, but that seems to be something you either do or you don't. If you don't have that feel for the pocket, you're not likely to just acquire it.

He's a very nice consolation prize.

That is the one of the things that made Daniel and Reesing great QBs, and kept Gabbert down at the just good level. Quarterback awareness is underrated.

|Zach|
07-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Stalking? No, that's your department.

I only thought I'd see what people were talking about MU's new QB recruit. Thought maybe the fanbase would be excited about it instead of simply referencing Kansas Football once again...guess I was wrong, haha.

Oh, and about football being out of my element...

I went to the 22nd winningest high school football program in America so I've enjoyed my fair share of quality football.

You can go with some news without bringing up KU, really....it's ok.

Wow. While we are playing the role of Al Bundy I played on a USA Today Top 25 team. At least Uncle Rico was on the football team...I mean he didn't just go to the school.

High school silliness aside...I think it is funny you saw this thread and didn't think there was excitement.

|Zach|
07-07-2011, 02:04 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/181/414611127_4d066cf0d1_o.jpg

Bambi
07-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Wow. While we are playing the role of Al Bundy I played on a USA Today Top 25 team. At least Uncle Rico was on the football team...I mean he didn't just go to the school.

High school silliness aside...I think it is funny you saw this thread and didn't think there was excitement.

oh don't get me wrong, I played high school football. Nothing more then that though, wasn't good enough.

|Zach|
07-07-2011, 02:06 PM
oh don't get me wrong, I played high school football. Nothing more then that though, wasn't good enough.

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/81024/albundy33_medium.jpg

|Zach|
07-07-2011, 02:07 PM
That is the one of the things that made Daniel and Reesing great QBs, and kept Gabbert down at the just good level. Quarterback awareness is underrated.

There are times he looks like he is doing a 3 man weave by himself. LMAO

bandwagonjumper
07-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Disappointing as a Notre Dame fan. He will follow Gabbert in delivering nothing to Missouri but getting drafted highly. I'm sure MUron fans take great pleasure in that.

Saul Good
07-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Disappointing as a Notre Dame fan. He will follow Gabbert in delivering nothing to Missouri but getting drafted highly. I'm sure MUron fans take great pleasure in that.

Beating ND for a recruit isn't even a coup. Beating Cincy was a bigger deal.

If you're such a big ND fan, you should apply to film their practices. That seems like a good career track for you.

|Zach|
07-07-2011, 03:00 PM

LMAO

Rams Fan
07-07-2011, 03:03 PM
He is the brother of Ben Mauk, right?

beer bacon
07-07-2011, 03:25 PM
He is the brother of Ben Mauk, right?

Yeap.

Titty Meat
07-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Wow this guy looks like 1 tough SOB. Hows he only a 3 star?

kepp
07-07-2011, 04:55 PM
A handful of so called "sources" are saying Gunner Kiel to IU and some saying it is down to Bama and Indiana.

I'm sure hoping the Indiana story is correct but my Hoosiers rarely get good news when it comes to football.
Now that Mizzou isn't getting him, I'd much rather he go to you guys than Sabanville.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good
07-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Scout had him as a 4-star and the number 8 QB at one point. I don't know if they still do.

beer bacon
07-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Scout had him as a 4-star and the number 8 QB at one point. I don't know if they still do.

4-star and #10 now. ESPN has him as a 4-star and #15.

Saul Good
07-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Another couple of things:

The play at the 45 second mark made me JIMP. He got hammered to deliver that ball and it was nails.

That offense is very very similar to ours. That middle screen he runs at 1:35(ish) is straight out of the "get Martin Rucker drafted" playbook.

He moves to his left a lot. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. While it's nice to see a kid that can go to both sides of the field on the move, I'm pretty damn sure I don't want him throwing across the field or across his body against DI defenders. He'll get pick-6ed a dozen times against OU doing that. I think it's a nice club to have in his bag, but he needs to do it less often, IMO.

I'm also not sure I'm in love with his throwing motion. He seems to pull back quick and whip it from about 3/4. It's really apparent at about 2:09 and 2:15. He reminds me of a middle-infielder more than a QB. He has that shortstop throw that you'll see those guys develop to speed up their mechanics. I think that could lead to some trouble with deflected passes or balls sailing on him if he's under duress.

But again, the best part about him is that he seems like he's generally running in order to buy time to pass, as opposed to Gabbert who would break the offense and bolt too easily. I don't think that can be taught and I love seeing it. I'm loathe to go to the "Daniel v. Gabbert" stuff because it seems cliched, but there really is a lot of Daniel in that boy, especially with the fact that he ran a similar offense in HS.

What I noticed most was the fact that he squared his shoulders even when throwing on the run. That, to me, is much more important than arm angle, especially in a spread offense.

He's going to need to work on not tipping plays, though. When he's going to run, he leans forward just before the snap whereas he rocks backwards if it's a drop-back. It's very correctable, but a decent D-I defense is going to pick up on that and make him pay.

Saul Good
07-07-2011, 07:28 PM
4-star and #10 now. ESPN has him as a 4-star and #15.

It's all the same. He's not 6'2, though. That was pretty clear from watching the video. He might be 6'0, but there's no way he's taller than 6'1. Then again, Daniel was barely 6'0 in shoes.

SPATCH
07-07-2011, 08:02 PM

What is this "Notre Dame" you speak of?

KcMizzou
07-07-2011, 08:41 PM
It's all the same. He's not 6'2, though. That was pretty clear from watching the video. He might be 6'0, but there's no way he's taller than 6'1. Then again, Daniel was barely 6'0 in shoes.And Daniel's still making money in the NFL. This guy does seem like the perfect fit for the system we run. I'm sure all that figured into him ending up at Mizzou.

KChiefs1
07-08-2011, 02:13 PM
I heard Mauk throws like Bernie Kosar.

rageeumr
07-08-2011, 03:58 PM
ROFL

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2011/7/8/2266689/tyler-gabbert-may-not-be-a-cardinal-after-all

According to multiple sources, including Jason Anderson of ESPN Radio 680, former Missouri quarterback Tyler Gabbert has left the Louisville football team and no longer plans on being a member of the program.

A source told me this afternoon that Gabbert, who had been in Louisville for less than a week, left this morning to return home and has no plans to return. According to Anderson and co-host Andy Sweeney, Gabbert would like to re-join the team at Missouri, but the Tiger staff is not interested. Mizzou recently received a commitment from highly-touted class of 2012 QB Maty Mauk.

I contacted U of L for confirmation of Gabbert's departure this afternoon and was told that information on the QB was not available and would not be available until Charlie Strong returns next Wednesday from a trip out of the country.

Gabbert's transfer to Louisville was puzzling from the start, as he was leaving Mizzou in search of more snaps but walking into a situation at U of L where playing time figured to be even more difficult to come by. Still, his addition to the roster would have added considerable depth for the future, and also freed up rising sophomore Dominique Brown to make a position switch.

rageeumr
07-08-2011, 03:59 PM
All hearsay at this point, but I have read reports that Gabbert asked if he could return to Mizzou and was told no, not even as a walk-on.

KcMizzou
07-08-2011, 04:25 PM
That's really weird. Wonder what "the rest of the story" is...

But yeah, you can't take him back after he made the decision to walk away from the team.

DJ's left nut
07-08-2011, 04:30 PM
That's really weird. Wonder what "the rest of the story" is...

But yeah, you can't take him back after he made the decision to walk away from the team.

Probably a tempter-tantrum. Pinkel told him he wasn't going to get the starting gig and Gabbert, being all of what, 19?, did an impetuous teenager thing and quit. Now he's regretting leaving home and wants to come back.

I'd like to have him back, but only for a season. I'm not at all comfortable with Costello as our backup and I hate the idea of burning Berkstresser's redshirt with Franklin being so young (though with Mauk right behind, it doesn't bother me as much).

Gabbert would have been a very capable backup but you're right, can't take him back now that he's walked away once. Unfortunately for both parties, that bridge was burned.

|Zach|
07-08-2011, 10:15 PM
It is fucking college not musical chairs. Jeez dude.

DeezNutz
07-08-2011, 10:21 PM
I think it's possible to take a college player back. As others have said, he's an immature shit--who wasn't at that age?--, and this should/could be a great learning experience for him and his teammates.

In the pros, this simply cannot happen, but college kids can be treated a bit differently. Now, if he does rejoin the team, his practices should be terrible, and he should have to do every grunt task imaginable to humble him.

|Zach|
07-08-2011, 10:24 PM
I think it's possible to take a college player back. As others have said, he's an immature shit--who wasn't at that age?--, and this should/could be a great learning experience for him and his teammates.

In the pros, this simply cannot happen, but college kids can be treated a bit differently. Now, if he does rejoin the team, his practices should be terrible, and he should have to do every grunt task imaginable to humble him.

I think his wiggle room is shot by leaving Nebraska...leaving more than one school is dumb. And then trying to go back to one you left another school for?

Sorry dude. All the best.

DeezNutz
07-08-2011, 10:28 PM
I think his wiggle room is shot by leaving Nebraska...leaving more than one school is dumb. And then trying to go back to one you left another school for?

Sorry dude. All the best.

Yeah, I can understand that perspective. Once can be an oops. More than that? Too bad.

Eh. I'm just inclined to react more softly to amateur athletes. Whatever the program decides will be fine with me in this case.

|Zach|
07-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I can understand that perspective. Once can be an oops. More than that? Too bad.

Eh. I'm just inclined to react more softly to amateur athletes. Whatever the program decides will be fine with me in this case.

Understandable

Titty Meat
07-08-2011, 10:38 PM
This is the 3rd team he's now committed to at some point and left. Fuck him.

Sam Hall
07-08-2011, 10:48 PM
This makes Shawn Watson 0-for-3 on Gabbert commits.

Mizzou_8541
07-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Not sure why he left in the first place. He was clearly competing for QB1.

Saul Good
07-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Not sure why he left in the first place. He was clearly competing for QB1.

No he wasn't. Franklin won the job going away.

Mizzou_8541
07-09-2011, 08:01 AM
No he wasn't. Franklin won the job going away.

I had the understanding the they were "co-number 1's" or something stupid like that. That makes me feel better that JF won it outright if that is indeed the case.

|Zach|
07-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I had the understanding the they were "co-number 1's" or something stupid like that. That makes me feel better that JF won it outright if that is indeed the case.

Pinkel seemed to make it clear after spring ball that Franklin was the favorite. Or so I remember.

KcMizzou
07-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Gabbert will land somewhere, and I wish him well. But he can't come back to Mizzou after making the decision to walk away.

|Zach|
07-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Gabbert will land somewhere, and I wish him well. But he can't come back to Mizzou after making the decision to walk away.

Hey Gabbert.

Do it.

http://w7.campusexplorer.com/media/376x262/Missouri-State-University-A8D0925E.svg

DO IT!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/Missouri_State_University_logo.png

KcMizzou
07-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Hey Gabbert.

Do it.

http://w7.campusexplorer.com/media/376x262/Missouri-State-University-A8D0925E.svg

DO IT!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/Missouri_State_University_logo.pngThat would be cool.

|Zach|
07-09-2011, 11:37 PM
That would be cool.

I haven't heard and ounce of info like that and I am sure his ego is too big to do it but that would be awesome for my guys in Springtown.

KcMizzou
07-09-2011, 11:40 PM
I haven't heard and ounce of info like that and I am sure his ego is too big to do it but that would be awesome for my guys in Springtown.Yeah, who knows. But if he really wants to be close to home and play right away, I suppose it's possible.

Al Bundy
07-10-2011, 09:20 AM

I wouldn't mind him landing at UCF.

duncan_idaho
07-10-2011, 10:01 AM
I think quick playing time and a place he can showcase himself for the NFL are the top two concerns for Gabbert. Haven't heard that distance is a real factor.

He DID try to come crawling back. Pinkel told him to take a hike. Franklin hadn't completely locked the starting gig down, either (He and Gabbert traded spots atop the depth chart a few times during spring ball). Foolish move, and now the Gabberts have to live with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes JUCO for a year. I don't think D-II is a real option.

Saul Good
07-10-2011, 02:29 PM
If he came back to Mizzou, would he have to sit out a year?

DJ's left nut
07-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Just read this article about Mauk:

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/GivwBqkhEeCkhgAcxJSkrA/missouri-recruit-maty-mauk-racks-up-yards,-wins-at-record-pace.htm

One thing I take from that is that he may need to be dialed down a little bit. His quotes suggest that he may be a little bit of a wild gunslinger.

Don't get me wrong, I still really like him. But he's going to have some rough edges in terms of his decision making, IMO.

Saul Good
07-13-2011, 08:19 AM
I think its great. The more throws he made in HS, the better. We won't need him day 1, but he should be ready.

DeezNutz
07-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Pinkel: "We'll always have a QB."

Such sweet nectar for an impoverished Chiefs fan.

Trevo_410
07-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Marcus Malbrough, our back up DE, transferred to Lamar University in Texas.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2011/jul/13/backup-mu-lineman-leaves-lamar/?tigerextra

eazyb81
07-19-2011, 02:44 PM
3 star DT Donald Hopkins commits to Mizzou. He chose Mizzou over offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, and ku.

Hopkins is the highest ranked 3 star DT in the country, so there's a very good shot he ends up as a 4 star recruit during the next recruiting update. BIG get for Mizzou. I love adding talent on the trenches.

TrebMaxx
07-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Marcus Malbrough, our back up DE, transferred to Lamar University in Texas.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2011/jul/13/backup-mu-lineman-leaves-lamar/?tigerextra

Meh, he was backup to the backup. No harm.

kepp
07-19-2011, 03:10 PM
3 star DT Donald Hopkins commits to Mizzou. He chose Mizzou over offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, and ku.

Hopkins is the highest ranked 3 star DT in the country, so there's a very good shot he ends up as a 4 star recruit during the next recruiting update. BIG get for Mizzou. I love adding talent on the trenches.

Nice! Has there been any recent news on Pipkins (the other DT we're recruiting)?

eazyb81
07-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Nice! Has there been any recent news on Pipkins (the other DT we're recruiting)?

Nothing lately. Last I heard he wanted to wait and announce later in the year, maybe at one of the postseason All-American games. I still think we're in good shape with him.

Pitt Gorilla
07-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Hopkins is a monster. Great get.

DeezNutz
07-19-2011, 04:09 PM
I can't believe he went with Mizzou over KU.

kcchiefsus
07-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Simon Goines committed.

Pitt Gorilla
07-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Simon Goines committed.THAT is awesome. Huge, talented offensive tackle.

Pinkel is earning his coffee.

Mizzou_8541
07-19-2011, 07:55 PM
THAT is awesome. Huge, talented offensive tackle.

Pinkel is earning his coffee.

The two commitments today are really impressive. Both highly ranked linemen from Texas with a outstanding offer lists. Next up, Lohn and Pipkins perhaps?

Pitt Gorilla
07-19-2011, 08:01 PM
The two commitments today are really impressive. Both highly ranked linemen from Texas with a outstanding offer lists. Next up, Lohn and Pipkins perhaps?I'm not convinced that we get Pipkins, but if we do, our D-line will be sick. Granted it already is sick, but it would remain sick.

KcMizzou
07-19-2011, 08:07 PM
The two commitments today are really impressive. Both highly ranked linemen from Texas with a outstanding offer lists. Next up, Lohn and Pipkins perhaps?That's really the only way for me to judge, to be honest. I don't know who these kids are.

But I can look and think, "Team A,B, and C wanted him... and he chose Mizzou?" That tells me Pinkel's doing a good job, and the recent success is paying off.

Mizzou_8541
07-19-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm not convinced that we get Pipkins, but if we do, our D-line will be sick. Granted it already is sick, but it would remain sick.

Does your assessment include Sheldon Richarson? If so, it appears you may need to reevaluate.

Mizzou_8541
07-19-2011, 08:09 PM
That's really the only way for me to judge, to be honest. I don't know who these kids are.

But I can look and think, "Team A,B, and C wanted him... and he chose Mizzou?" That tells me Pinkel's doing a good job, and the recent success is paying off.

Well, Hopkins, the DL, had Alabama and Mizzou in his final 2 and chose us. Pretty good sign.

KcMizzou
07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Well, Hopkins, the DL, had Alabama and Mizzou in his final 2 and chose us. Pretty good sign.Exactly.

Pitt Gorilla
07-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Does your assessment include Sheldon Richarson? If so, it appears you may need to reevaluate.@Dave_Matter: A couple #mizzou players said they've been told by coaches that they expect Sheldon Richardson to report for start of preseason camp in Aug.

What about that would cause me to reevaluate?

Saul Good
07-19-2011, 08:12 PM
That's really the only way for me to judge, to be honest. I don't know who these kids are.

It's getting harder and harder to negative recruit Pinkel.

He plays a gimmick offense: Every starting QB he's had at Mizzou is in the NFL, and his last one went top 10.

His WRs don't progress because the patterns are too simple: He's had several WRs and TEs drafted, and Maclin is one of the best in the league.

They don't play any defense: Mizzou's got a ton of defensive players in the NFL including a top 10 pick from last year.

The bottom line is that, if you want to play in the NFL, Mizzou is a very viable way to get there.

Mizzou_8541
07-19-2011, 08:15 PM
@Dave_Matter: A couple #mizzou players said they've been told by coaches that they expect Sheldon Richardson to report for start of preseason camp in Aug.

What about that would cause me to reevaluate?

Nothing. Good sign. I read something on PowerMizzou that said otherwise. I'll easily take Matter's word for it over some random poster with "sources."

Pitt Gorilla
07-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Nothing. Good sign. I read something on PowerMizzou that said otherwise. I'll easily take Matter's word for it over some random poster with "sources."Oh, I'll believe it when I see it. SR in the middle would be nasty. However, I think Vincent will be outstanding as well.

|Zach|
07-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I really enjoy the work Matter does convering this team.

Mizzou_8541
07-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Oh, I'll believe it when I see it. SR in the middle would be nasty. However, I think Vincent will be outstanding as well.

I forgot about Vincent. With or without Sheldon, I love it that we actually have some depth in the middle! :thumb:

eazyb81
07-20-2011, 07:56 AM
It is interesting to see the disparity in rankings between Rivals and Scout. We have a good chance to end up with a top 10 overall recruiting class on Scout, as 7 of our 14 commitments are 4 stars. Most of those guys are high 3 stars on Rivals, where we only have 2 4 star commitments so far (some of our 3 stars should get bumped up to 4 star in the next update).

We will still have a top 25 class on Rivals though, and will push for the top 15 with commitments from DGB and Pipkins. This class could surpass 2010 as the best in Pinkel's tenure.

|Zach|
07-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Forty-three members of the media voted in the preseason poll.

Forty-one voted Oklahoma No. 1.

Here's how the media's preseason poll, unveiled this afternoon, looks.

1. Oklahoma (41) -- 428 points
2. Texas A&M (1) -- 362
3. Oklahoma State (1) -- 360
4. Missouri -- 281
5. Texas -- 265
6. Baylor -- 194
7. Texas Tech -- 191
8. Kansas State -- 140
9. Iowa State -- 93
10. Kansas -- 51

Saul Good
07-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Kansas was almost unanimously the last place team. At least the bookends are secure.

Demonpenz
07-20-2011, 01:34 PM
I like Baylor winning it all.

Frazod
07-20-2011, 01:38 PM
I love the way nobody remembers that Missouri stomped the shit out of the f Aggies last year in their own house.

Just never happened, apparently. :rolleyes:

eazyb81
07-20-2011, 01:43 PM
A&M is wildly overrated. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sherman follows up last season with a 7 win season.

Reaper16
07-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Why is the media so high on A&M? I don't understand why they're supposed to be so good.

Saul Good
07-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Why is the media so high on A&M? I don't understand why they're supposed to be so good.

Good QB, great WR, and a very good defense

|Zach|
07-20-2011, 01:47 PM
I am excited for the season.

eazyb81
07-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Good QB, great WR, and a very good defense

And two very good RBs. But it's mainly due to their QB, because they finished the season 5-1, with wins over OU, Nubs, TX, and Texas Tech, after replacing Jerrod Johnson with Tannehill.

Bambi
07-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Kansas was almost unanimously the last place team. At least the bookends are secure.

Maybe once you start looking inwards and stop constantly worrying about what is happening with your rival, your school will actually win something.

That's how Kansas has done it anyway.

DeezNutz
07-20-2011, 03:08 PM

Are we talking about basketball now?

Bambi
07-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Are we talking about basketball now?

I rarely talk basketball on this board.

But yes, the method extends to all sports.

Bambi
07-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Fraz, you're entering into the stalker zone with all the neg rep you've been handing me.

What gives?

Pitt Gorilla
07-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Maybe once you start looking inwards and stop constantly worrying about what is happening with your rival, your school will actually win something.

That's how Kansas has done it anyway.How is you posting in this thread an example of "looking inwards"?

|Zach|
07-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Wickedson going out of his way to be offended again. :deevee:LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Wickedson going out of his way to be offended again. :deevee:LMAOIn an MU thread, no less. Is he upset with the voters? Is he upset that an MU fan commented on the vote? That dude is literally dumber than billay.

Bambi
07-20-2011, 04:01 PM
How is you posting in this thread an example of "looking inwards"?

?. I was responding to post #325.

Titty Meat
07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
In an MU thread, no less. Is he upset with the voters? Is he upset that an MU fan commented on the vote? That dude is literally dumber than billay.

Good to get a shoutout from ya bruh.

Wickedson is the man I always enjoy his subtle "lol" at the end of a random comment.

Pitt Gorilla
07-20-2011, 04:03 PM

Wickedson is the man I always enjoy his subtle "lol" at the end of a random comment.I thought I might catch you! :p You're pretty good most of the time, as rival (or former rival) fans go.

Bambi

Wickedson is the man I always enjoy his subtle "lol" at the end of a random comment.

4 posts on this page alone and not doing that! lol

Pitt Gorilla
BTW,

This means nothing, but it's cool to see:

http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/richardson_sheldon00.html

Titty Meat
07-20-2011, 04:08 PM
I thought I might catch you! :p You're pretty good most of the time, as rival (or former rival) fans go.

I've always enjoyed the smack talk with you Mizzou folks because it's never crossed the line and made the past few games vs Mizzou intense as fuck. Thanks for helping create another rivalry (for me anyways). May it continue someday in the future in the Big 10 :toast:

Saul Good
07-20-2011, 04:09 PM

If I ever want Mizzou to be the unanimous choice for worst football team in the conference, I will encourage us to model ourselves after the 2011 Kansas Jayhawks.

1. Fire your coach in shame
2. Fire your AD in shame
3. Bring in the last place coach from a non-BCS conference who has never beaten a team from a BCS conference
4. Don't let the players talk to girls
5. Don't let the players have cell phones
6. ????
7. Profit

|Zach|
07-20-2011, 04:12 PM
BTW,

This means nothing, but it's cool to see:

http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/richardson_sheldon00.html

I would say it does indeed mean something.

Especially because it jives well with what Dave Matter was reporting yesterday. MU wouldn't put that up for no reason.

DJ's left nut
07-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Fraz, you're entering into the stalker zone with all the neg rep you've been handing me.

What gives?

It could have something to do with you sticking your head into the mizzou thread, contributing nothing and then whining about it.

Saul Good
07-20-2011, 04:18 PM
It could have something to do with you sticking your head into the mizzou thread, contributing nothing and then whining about it.

Don't mind wickedson poking his nose into the Mizzou thread and getting butthurt. That's just him looking inward.

Bambi
07-21-2011, 07:25 AM

Go look at post 325. I didn't stick into anything.

Mizzou_8541
07-21-2011, 07:31 AM
I would say it does indeed mean something.

Especially because it jives well with what Dave Matter was reporting yesterday. MU wouldn't put that up for no reason.

I agree unless it's a, "until you prove to us that you won't be on campus, we are going to assume you will be" type of thing.

kepp
07-21-2011, 07:35 AM
I agree unless it's a, "until you prove to us that you won't be on campus, we are going to assume you will be" type of thing.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2011/jul/20/richardson-added-to-mu-online-roster/

Apparently nothing "official" yet though.

Saul Good
07-21-2011, 07:40 AM

A Mizzou fan in a Mizzou thread makes the observation that the first and last place teams are nearly unanimous, and you feel like you had no choice but to respond, in said Mizzou thread mind you, that Mizzou fans need to focus on Mizzou because Kansas fans focus solely on Kansas. Interesting perspective.

Mizzou_8541
07-21-2011, 07:42 AM
http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2011/jul/20/richardson-added-to-mu-online-roster/

And the saga continues...

DeezNutz
07-21-2011, 07:49 AM

Did Saul's mention of Kansas trigger the Lindsay Lohan light, which compelled you to the thread?

tomahawk kid
07-21-2011, 08:03 AM

I've resigned myself to the notion that Sheldon will never play a snap for Mizzou.

Sounds like he had another ominous FB post yesterday, which indicated he's not going to "be where he should be".

Whatever.

If he indeed never gets to play D1 Football, its a sad indication of his motivation and the motivation of others around him.

rageeumr
07-21-2011, 08:22 AM
I've resigned myself to the notion that Sheldon will never play a snap for Mizzou.

Sadly, I'm with you. This whole thing just smells like Tony Mitchell version 2.0. Every day that passes without an official announcement I become more and more convinced that we'll never see him in Columbia.

Mizzou_8541
07-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Sadly, I'm with you. This whole thing just smells like Tony Mitchell version 2.0. Every day that passes without an official announcement I become more and more convinced that we'll never see him in Columbia.

Unlike years past, the success of our defense is not tied to one person. Sheldon would certainly improve our defense, but we have plenty depth at DT now. We will still have a very good defense without him. At this point, even if he arrives on campus today, I am curious as to how long it would take him, mentally and physically, to get ready for Big 12 play.

That being said, you can't really replace an athlete like him.

tomahawk kid
07-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Unlike years past, the success of our defense is not tied to one person. Sheldon would certainly improve our defense, but we have plenty depth at DT now. We will still have a very good defense without him. At this point, even if he arrives on campus today, I am curious as to how long it would take him, mentally and physically, to get ready for Big 12 play.

That being said, you can't really replace an athlete like him.

If he's anywhere close to the athletic freak advertised, I don't think concern on the physical aspects is warranted.

However - if we can keep him academically eligible for more than the fall semester, I'll be floored.

I took classes at a JuCo. You have to try to f#ck that sh!t up, especially given the advantages I'm sure he was provided.

KcMizzou
07-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Couldn't embed

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d820db62b/Everything-to-Prove-Episode-22-Part-1

Trevo_410
07-24-2011, 10:49 AM
More expansion talks on tigerboard.... with the longhorn network airing up and their ability to show highschool games, the rest fo the big12 is pissed off. talks of A&M, Sooners, Okie State, and Mizzou to SEC.

Reaper16
07-24-2011, 11:07 AM
No part of me expects that to happen. But if it does, then the SEC might as well secede from the NCAA. It'd be so strong in football that its conference champion might as well be the national champion. I mean, Goddamn.

LiveSteam
07-24-2011, 11:12 AM
I dont think Texas A&M sticks around. As for the SEC. Only aTm & OU will end up in the SEC. aTm being the school the SEC really wants. OU is side note at best at this point & time.
The rest of the schools will get the shaft. IMO.

I really,really really really hope Missouri ends up in the Big 10. With 1/2 my friends living in Mizoo & tiger fans. I will miss the heckling

Trevo_410
07-24-2011, 11:25 AM
i think Mizzou needs to act fast....we know texas is going to get this done, even if they go independent. Which then of course, will be the end of the big12. If we get offers from either SEC, B1G, we need to strongly consider it; even if texas does agree to not show high school games on their network this year.

DeezNutz
07-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Texas is not going to go independent. They currently enjoy a harem of schools dedicated to fluffing them, and fans of local schools should be resigned to arguing over who provides the best service.

No reason to run off to another conference to fluff the big boy when you have a perfectly good option closer to home.

LiveSteam
07-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Texas is not going to go independent. They currently enjoy a harem of schools dedicated to fluffing them, and fans of local schools should be resigned to arguing over who provides the best service.

No reason to run off to another conference to fluff the big boy when you have a perfectly good option closer to home.

you are very very wrong.

Dodds chose the only option he has, which is to consent to A&M and OU's demands, and try to continue preparation to go independent.

http://www.iamthe12thman.com/2011/7/22/2289572/realignment-thoughts this is a great read.

Looking at the ESPN deal with texas, one can only come to one of two conclusions: either ESPN grossly overpaid for this network in a horrendously stupid deal, or this whole deal was a kickback for texas staying in the Big 12 and not heading to the Pac12. texas going to the Pac12would have been the first domino to fall, a chain reaction that would have ended with ESPN needing to negotiate multi-billion dollar deals with a new Pac16 and an SEC superconference. It is cheaper for ESPN to give texas $15 million per year for 20 years than to pay $3.2 billion to the SEC over the next 10 years

Titty Meat
07-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Texas has already pulled back on showing high school games on the Longhorn Network. Theres no way Mizzou goes to the SEC.

LiveSteam
07-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Texas has already pulled back on showing high school games on the Longhorn Network. Theres no way Mizzou goes to the SEC.

If they ever move it will be the Big 10

DeezNutz
07-24-2011, 11:47 AM
you are very very wrong.

So Texas is going to leave the Big 12?

LiveSteam
07-24-2011, 11:51 AM
So Texas is going to leave the Big 12?

In the end yes,they go independent.I give it less than 4 years . Its just a matter of Texas getting all they're ducks in row.

|Zach|
07-24-2011, 01:11 PM
In the end yes,they go independent.I give it less than 4 years . Its just a matter of Texas getting all they're ducks in row.

There's $20 million+ to lose in leaving the Big 12.

kepp
07-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Via Dave Matter:

Pinkel on Sheldon Richardson: "He’s finishing a class this week. We expect him to see him in practice on reporting day." (Aug 4)

Still iffy, but with Pinkel himself commenting on it, I'm getting more optimistic.

Mizzou_8541
07-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Via Dave Matter:

Pinkel on Sheldon Richardson: "He’s finishing a class this week. We expect him to see him in practice on reporting day." (Aug 4)

Still iffy, but with Pinkel himself commenting on it, I'm getting more optimistic.

I don't think Pinkel would comment on him if he wasn't coming. Of course I hope he becomes eligible, but at this point, any type of closure would be nice. This has been going on for what, 3 years? 4 years?

KChiefs1
07-25-2011, 01:55 PM
SEC! SEC! SEC!

I'd rather just stay in the Big 12!

KChiefs1
07-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Via Dave Matter:

I'll believe it when I see it!

eazyb81
07-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Supposedly Gunner Kiel has committed to Indiana.

Looks like we made the right move in pushing for Mauk's commitment instead of slow playing him and waiting for Kiel.

DeezNutz
07-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Cool. Great deal for Indiana, too.

kepp
07-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Supposedly Gunner Kiel has committed to Indiana.

Looks like we made the right move in pushing for Mauk's commitment instead of slow playing him and waiting for Kiel.

Good. Better IU than Alabama. And don't we have a game with them in the next couple years?

Yep:
2013 - Sept. 21 at Indiana
2014 - Sept. 20 Indiana

Reaper16
07-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Balls. Kiel spurns the only two FBS teams that I give a shit about. I respect playing for the home team, though Indiana isn't a great choice for him if he has NFL hopes.

beer bacon
07-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Indiana's QB last year had an excellent season. Kevin Wilson will get Kiel to the NFL.

LiveSteam
07-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Butch Davis was fired at UNC this afternoon
Not that anyone here cares

OmahaChief
07-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Balls. Kiel spurns the only two FBS teams that I give a shit about. I respect playing for the home team, though Indiana isn't a great choice for him if he has NFL hopes.

The NFL finds you no matter where you play.

Reaper16
07-27-2011, 05:25 PM
The NFL finds you no matter where you play.
Of course. I didn't say he was going to go undrafted or anything. But surely you would agree that some programs better prepare QBs for the NFL than others, or better position QBs to make that jump at the least?

kcchiefsus
07-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Of course. I didn't say he was going to go undrafted or anything. But surely you would agree that some programs better prepare QBs for the NFL than others, or better position QBs to make that jump at the least?

Would you have said the same thing if he went to Alabama? Because Alabama quarterbacks haven't done crap after they leave college. I think Indiana has a better track record than them.

Reaper16
07-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Would you have said the same thing if he went to Alabama? Because Alabama quarterbacks haven't done crap after they leave college. I think Indiana has a better track record than them.
Missouri has had more recent success with their QBs, for sure. Alabama also hasn't had a lot of high-ranking pro-style QBs recently. McElroy, John Parker Wilson, Brodie Croyle, etc. are all NFL backups. On the plus side, Alabama would provide Kiel with a program that is expected year in, year out to play in a BCS game, so the exposure (as well as the tough SEC schedule) would be good for Kiel.

I don't think Indiana has a QB track record better than Mizzou or Bama, not recently (who was the last Indiana QB to play in the NFL? Trent Green?), and not historically (who was the greatest Indiana QB to play in the NFL? Trent Green? Compared with Alabama's Joe Namath).

What Indiana does have is the excellent point brought up by beer bacon: Kevin Wilson, who groomed Oklahoma's QBs for the last seven years, is Indiana's coach.

NaptownChief
07-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Amazing my Hoosiers catch a good break...I think Wilson is quickly changing the losing mentality and ways in Bloomington. I'm excited for IU football for the first time in a long time.

KcMizzou
07-28-2011, 05:48 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Jaguars announced that 1st-round pick Blaine Gabbert is signed -- and practicing with the team.

KcMizzou
08-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Is this a big deal?

GabeDeArmond Gabe DeArmond
Louisiana DB Kentrell Brice told PowerMizzou.com he has decommitted from #Mizzou and believes he no longer holds a Tiger offer.

Mizzou_8541
08-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Is this a big deal?

Louisiana DB Kentrell Brice told PowerMizzou.com he has decommitted from #Mizzou and believes he no longer holds a Tiger offer.

Not really. He has been wavering for awhile. It was kind of expected.

Mizzou_8541
08-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Is this a big deal?

FWIW, some think the the Mizzou coaches haven't considered him committed for quite some time.

Sure-Oz
08-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Is this a big deal?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Kentrell-Brice-124717

I don't think so

Saul Good
08-01-2011, 08:20 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Kentrell-Brice-124717

I don't think so

According to rivals, he didn't even have an offer.

CoMoChief
08-01-2011, 08:22 PM
According to rivals, he didn't even have an offer.

If he's from Louisiana chances are he's a lazy fuck.

beer bacon
08-02-2011, 07:52 AM
http://www.missouri.edu/PF/pf.cgi?last_name=richardson&first_name=sheldon&email_addresses=&department=&phone_number=&Search=Find+Person

kepp
08-02-2011, 08:02 AM
http://www.missouri.edu/PF/pf.cgi?last_name=richardson&first_name=sheldon&email_addresses=&department=&phone_number=&Search=Find+Person

Hmmmmmm :hmmm: Cause for celebration?

beer bacon
08-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Hmmmmmm :hmmm: Cause for celebration?

People are saying you don't show up there unless you are enrolled for classes. I personally don't know if that is correct. It can't be bad.

kepp
08-02-2011, 08:07 AM
People are saying you don't show up there unless you are enrolled for classes. I personally don't know if that is correct. It can't be bad.

From Dave Matter - http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2011/aug/02/richardson-watch-not-enrolled-yet/

Is the wait over?

Sheldon Richardson’s name comes up on the university’s online database, and he even has a university email address.

But a spokesperson for the university registrar said Tuesday morning that Richardson is not listed as enrolled for the upcoming fall semester. The wait goes on.

Missouri players report for preseason camp Wednesday with the first practice scheduled for 3:45 p.m. Thursday. Tigers Coach Gary Pinkel said during last week’s Big 12 media days in Dallas that Richardson was finishing up a class and he expected the junior college transfer to report to camp with the rest of the team.
I'm not sure what to make of that. I don't imagine you'd show up in the system if you weren't enrolled or official to some degree.

beer bacon
08-02-2011, 08:11 AM
From Dave Matter - http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2011/aug/02/richardson-watch-not-enrolled-yet/

I'm not sure what to make of that. I don't imagine you'd show up in the system if you weren't enrolled or official to some degree.

Maybe it means he has been accepted into the university, but hasn't signed up for classes yet? I don't know.

rageeumr
08-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Dave Matter
@Dave_Matter

Richardson's name in MU directory indicates he'll enroll. Registrar said admissions dept sometimes needs a few days to process student info

rageeumr
08-02-2011, 08:49 AM
So anybody here have a Power Mizzou membership? Gabe DeArmond tweets out links to a lot of articles that I think look pretty interesting, but $100/year is just expensive enough that I'm not sure about it.

KChiefs1
08-02-2011, 08:53 AM
So Big Shell is going to play??????

Pitt Gorilla
08-02-2011, 08:58 AM
So anybody here have a Power Mizzou membership? Gabe DeArmond tweets out links to a lot of articles that I think look pretty interesting, but $100/year is just expensive enough that I'm not sure about it.
Absolutely worth it. Great mu community with great info.

eazyb81
08-02-2011, 09:18 AM

Definitely worth it if you are a big Mizzou fan. $100 a year is really nothing given the amount of articles, info, and credible rumors you hear on the board.

rageeumr
08-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Definitely worth it if you are a big Mizzou fan. $100 a year is really nothing given the amount of articles, info, and credible rumors you hear on the board.

That was going to be my next question. So these are credible rumors that at least occasionally turn out to be based in fact. Not some Nick Athan "throw shit at the wall" type rumors.

eazyb81
08-02-2011, 10:14 AM
That was going to be my next question. So these are credible rumors that at least occasionally turn out to be based in fact. Not some Nick "Assclown" Athan "throw shit at the wall" type rumors.

Definitely, and personally I think the business model of a college premium board is much more worthwhile than one for a pro team simply because of inside/in-depth recruiting info that does not get reported by the larger media outlets. If that's your thing then this would be a good investment.

Reaper16
08-02-2011, 10:27 AM
The CP Mizzou community should all pitch in on a joint membership. That'd be real cost efficient for all of us.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2011, 10:56 AM
The CP Mizzou community should all pitch in on a joint membership. That'd be real cost efficient for all of us.

That's generally frowned upon the the PowerMizzou community. They usually just tell you to buck up and put your $$ down. We'd pretty much have to take the information and transfer it via PM around here. Most of the guys that pay for their membership tend to think that's a pretty shitty way to go about it and tell you to just buck up and pay.

Which is probably why I haven't actually paid anything yet.

I understand their rationale, I'm just surprised by how militant they tend to be about it.

Demonpenz
08-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Well hell, now I just want to steal it if they are going to be asses about it.

bowener
08-02-2011, 12:07 PM

I'm with Penz on this.

I feel like we're stepping into a black and white noir heist film now.

duncan_idaho
08-02-2011, 12:45 PM
I know Gabe (Power Mizzou publisher).

Main things with him:

1) If you're going to put the info out, credit the source as PowerMizzou.
2) If something is listed as "Don't put this out there" info, don't put it out there. There are some things that can be whispered on premium message boards and some things that cannot.

Obviously, I'm not going to advocate that multiple people share an account, but it happens. It doesn't become a huge problem unless it blows something (like a recruit committed to Oklahoma State who was coming to Mizzou for a visit under the radar. Word got out, and Gundy threatened to yank the offer. He didn't come to Mizzou) or someone uses his info for commercial gain (like the pathetic losers running the Missouri scout site).

ChiefsOne
08-02-2011, 01:01 PM
I watched Dorel at team camp last week. He only dressed out one day, two balls thrown to him two touchdowns. Man among boys in HS, hope he keeps it or part of it up in college and hope he goes to Mizzou.

Reaper16
08-02-2011, 01:36 PM
That's generally frowned upon the the PowerMizzou community. They usually just tell you to buck up and put your $$ down. We'd pretty much have to take the information and transfer it via PM around here. Most of the guys that pay for their membership tend to think that's a pretty shitty way to go about it and tell you to just buck up and pay.

Which is probably why I haven't actually paid anything yet.

I understand their rationale, I'm just surprised by how militant they tend to be about it.
They're probably the same assholes that regular type say "Head Coach Gary Pinkel" or type "HCGP."

DJ's left nut
08-02-2011, 02:10 PM
They're probably the same assholes that regular type say "Head Coach Gary Pinkel" or type "HCGP."

Tigerboard loves the ol' HCMA thing...

Never really understood that, to tell you the truth. And man do I hope it doesn't catch on around here.

OCBM sounds like a radar guided shit rocket.

Pitt Gorilla
08-02-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't think anyone is an ass about it. Gabe is about as professional as they come, IMO.

beer bacon
08-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Aug. 03, 2011 9:54 a.m. - by Dave Matter - JUCO DL Richardson admitted to school
Richardson is listed in the university's student database and has been assigned an MU email address, which indicates he's been cleared to enroll and report for Thursday's practice. School officials have not announced anything on his eligibility status, but Richardson is on the roster and been given No. 95. Tigers RapidReports

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rapid-reports/post/15391850

eazyb81
08-03-2011, 10:23 AM
It's hard to overstate how big of an impact Sheldon Richardson could make on this season if he plays up to his potential. He has top 10 NFL draft pick type potential at a position that players can dominate with sick size and speed combos.

I'd argue that adding a truly dominant DT would be more impactful than any other position on a defense. Adding that type of talent to the #6 ranked defense in the country last year is downright scary.

Sure-Oz
08-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Pretty excited about mizzou football.

Defense should be a rock, how about offense, do we have WR weapons this year?

kepp
08-03-2011, 03:21 PM
@BlumbergOTB Eric Blumberg
Have learned #Mizzou football recruit Sheldon Richardson reported to MU today. Practice starts Thursday afternoon.

http://twitter.com/#!/blumbergotb

DJ's left nut
08-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Pretty excited about mizzou football.

Defense should be a rock, how about offense, do we have WR weapons this year?

We have as much talent as the program's ever had.

It remains to be seen how it will translate. Guys like Jackson and Woodland have been talented for years and aren't worth the ink they signed their LOI with.

Hopefully Sasser and crew actually live up to the hype.

kepp
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
We have as much talent as the program's ever had.

It remains to be seen how it will translate. Guys like Jackson and Woodland have been talented for years and aren't worth the ink they signed their LOI with.

Hopefully Sasser and crew actually live up to the hype.

Sasser and Hunt get most of the notoriety when talking about the young WRs, but Lucas was ranked higher coming out of HS. I wonder if he's just taking longer to develop or what?

DJ's left nut
08-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Sasser and Hunt get most of the notoriety when talking about the young WRs, but Lucas was ranked higher coming out of HS. I wonder if he's just taking longer to develop or what?

Honestly - Bud Sasser is just the easiest name to remember.

His always comes to me first, then Lucas, then Hunt.

Yeah - I'm a shitty fan.

kepp
08-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Honestly - Bud Sasser is just the easiest name to remember.

His always comes to me first, then Lucas, then Hunt.

Yeah - I'm a shitty fan.

I'm just talking about in practice reports and what not. Lucas doesn't get mentioned much. Then again, he got playing time last season and Sasser/Hunt didn't.

Priest31kc
08-03-2011, 05:21 PM

If just one of Sasser, Hunt or Lucas steps up this season, we will be fine w/Moe, Egnew, Jackson & Kemp. Who knows, maybe Wesley Leftwich can make an immediate impact.

Mizzou_8541
08-03-2011, 05:34 PM
If just one of Sasser, Hunt or Lucas steps up this season, we will be fine w/Moe, Egnew, Jackson & Kemp. Who knows, maybe Wesley Leftwich can make an immediate impact.

I wouldn't count out Ladamian(sp?) Washington. He needed to put on about 40 pounds, but I think he could figure into the rotation.

kepp
08-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Link - http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rapid-reports/team/MO

Aug. 03, 2011 5:53 p.m. - by Dave Matter - Richardson waiting on NCAA clearance
DL transfer Sheldon Richardson has reported for preseason camp but will not practice initially. Richardson is waiting on final clearance from the NCAA on his eligibility, but MU doesn't expect a long wait. Richardson has been admitted to the university.

Aug. 03, 2011 5:56 p.m. - by Dave Matter - Richardson could factor into DT mix
Once he's cleared to practice, Sheldon Richardson could immediately factor into the mix at DT. The 6-4, 290-pound transfer would join a line with two senior starters in the middle in Terrell Resonno and Dominique Hamilton, a former spot starter in Jimmy Burge and two promising underclassmen in Marvin Foster and Lucas Vincent.

eazyb81
08-04-2011, 09:19 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

#21 in preseason coaches poll.

|Zach|
08-04-2011, 09:26 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

#21 in preseason coaches poll.

That is fair.

Saul Good
08-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Half of the conference is ranked, and 3 teams in the conference are ranked ahead of the top-ranked Big 1G team.

Pitt Gorilla
08-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Lucas Vincent will be a beast.

eazyb81
08-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Our schedule includes @ #1 OU, home against #8 OSU, @ #9 A&M, home against #24 Texas, and @ #26 ASU.

That is a murderers' row.

Frazod
08-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Our schedule includes @ #1 OU, home against #8 OSU, @ #9 A&M, home against #24 Texas, and @ #26 ASU.

Fuck A&M. Overrated pricks.

That ASU game will be a serious challenge. I also just read the story and watched the video of that psychotic linebacker they've got. Fuck.

eazyb81
08-04-2011, 11:01 AM
That ASU game will be a serious challenge. I also just read the story and watched the video of that psychotic linebacker they've got. ****.

What's that about?

Frazod
08-04-2011, 11:03 AM
What's that about?

Article in the draft forum. Hope we have an answer for this dude.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247973

|Zach|
08-04-2011, 11:06 AM

It is big time football. Nothing new.

Pitt Gorilla
08-04-2011, 10:37 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1246717

6th best OL in the country.

eazyb81
08-05-2011, 06:35 AM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1246774

10th best D-line.....#1 in the Big 12.

BUZZ: The Tigers lost E Aldon Smith early to the NFL, but truth be told, if everyone left plays up to his potential, he will not be missed. Es Brad Madison (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=402340) and Jacquies Smith (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=402357) can rush the passer, but the key is going to be getting stingier against the run. NT Dominique Hamilton (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=84585) is a big-time run-stuffer, and the Tigers' run defense suffered last season when he sustained a broken ankle in Game 7. Depth is good at end, but some youngsters and newcomers must step up in the middle.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1246661

8th best receivers.....4th in Big 12.

BUZZ: Michael Egnew (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=402348) might be the best tight end in the nation. He had 90 receptions last season and works the middle of the field well. T.J. Moe (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=420870) is the leading returning receiver; he had 92 receptions and can get deep, though he's at his best as a possession guy. There's also Jerrell Jackson (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=402329), who had 50 catches last season, and Wes Kemp (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=402317), which means the Tigers return their top four receivers. How these guys will work with new QB James Franklin (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=423748) is a big key to Mizzou's season.

eazyb81
08-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Preseason #5 according to College Football News.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1092054.html

Why Missouri Should Be No. 1: Okay, fine, so we went out on a limb trying to sell a skeptical world on Georgia last season as a sleeper for the national title. This year, the team that appears to have it all to be special - whether it works out or not - is Missouri, with a solid quarterback situation even without Blaine Gabbert, a loaded receiving corps full of no-name stars, and some of the best lines in the Big 12. Had Gabbert and DE Aldon Smith returned, the Tigers would be a legitimate top three preseason threat. As is, they're still very, very good.

Why Missouri Isn't No. 1: It's Missouri. Even though this might be Gary Pinkel's best team yet, and even though it's a strong team across the board with no major weakness, with the possible exception of the secondary, this is still a program that can't help but come up with the bad clunker at the worst times. The quarterback situation appears to be fine, but it's still a question mark. The linebackers are good, but are they elite enough to handle the strongest Big 12 offenses? For all the talent, there's still a lot of Show Me in this Mizzou.

Relative Strengths: Receiver, Defensive Line
Relative Weaknesses: Running Back, Secondary

What to watch for on offense: A more efficient passing game. While new starting quarterback James Franklin isn’t Blaine Gabbert, he has a veteran receiving corps, led by phenomenal midrange targets in T.J. Moe and tight end Michael Egnew, and he has a strong line to work behind. What he doesn’t have is a sure-thing, top-shelf deep threat to make the efficiency numbers go through the roof, but after the offense finished 64th in the nation in passing efficiency, the attack should be more consistent and more explosive with a little more time.

What to watch for on defense: A devastating pass rush – even without Aldon Smith. Mizzou finished ninth in the nation in sacks and 40th in tackles for loss, and the aggressiveness and the production could be even better with great prospects at all four spots, and superior pass rushing specialists like Kony Ealy to pick up Smith’s slack. The key for the front four will be consistency against the run. Over the last few years the Tigers have been able to do the spectacular, but they haven’t done enough against the power running teams. Nebraska and Iowa went wild.

Key Question: Besides the questions about the quarterback situation, will the run defense be stronger? Considering the pass rush was phenomenal, and makes the run defense stats look a bit better, the Tigers were surprisingly soft against most decent backs (hellooooo, Marcus Coker). Aldon Smith left early for the NFLO, but the rest of the defensive front is back and linebackers Will Ebner and Zaviar Gooden are veterans. A trip to Oklahoma kicks off the Big 12 schedule, and the Tigers have three games

beer bacon
08-05-2011, 08:31 AM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1246774

10th best D-line.....#1 in the Big 12.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1246661

8th best receivers.....4th in Big 12.

The best thing about this is that Rivals has with the 6th best OL, 8th best receivers, and 10th best DL in the country. Yet, they have us 33rd or 36th overall. The same guys must not do the unit rankings and the team rankings.

DaKCMan AP
08-05-2011, 09:39 AM

Nice, respectable, but still doesn't compare to playing:

#2 Alabama **
@ #4 LSU **
#5 Florida State
@ #12 south Carolina
@ #19 Auburn **
#22 Georgia * on a neutral site.

** = consecutive weeks
* = consecutive games

Saul Good
08-05-2011, 09:46 AM

#2 Alabama **
@ #4 LSU **
#5 Florida State
@ #12 south Carolina
@ #19 Auburn **

** = consecutive weeks
* = consecutive games

Sure it compares. Its not AS bad, but its close.

Frazod
08-05-2011, 09:47 AM

#2 Alabama **
@ #4 LSU **
#5 Florida State
@ #12 south Carolina
@ #19 Auburn **

** = consecutive weeks
* = consecutive games

A. No one else gives two shits about Floriduh.

B. Shouldn't you be sucking LeBron's dick right now?

kepp
08-05-2011, 09:53 AM

#2 Alabama **
@ #4 LSU **
#5 Florida State
@ #12 south Carolina
@ #19 Auburn **

** = consecutive weeks
* = consecutive games

Avg opp rank of 13.6 vs. avg opp rank of 10.7

eazyb81
08-05-2011, 10:06 AM

#2 Alabama **
@ #4 LSU **
#5 Florida State
@ #12 south Carolina
@ #19 Auburn **

** = consecutive weeks
* = consecutive games

God you are such a faggot.

KcMizzou
08-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Sources told PowerMizzou.com and #Mizzou confirms Sheldon Richardson has been cleared and will practice Thursday.

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
#Mizzou team spokesman Chad Moller confirms that Sheldon Richardson has been cleared academically and will practice Thursday

SPATCH
08-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Sources told PowerMizzou.com and #Mizzou confirms Sheldon Richardson has been cleared and will practice Thursday.

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
#Mizzou team spokesman Chad Moller confirms that Sheldon Richardson has been cleared academically and will practice Thursday

ahhhhhhhhh snap yall

KcMizzou
08-10-2011, 06:09 PM
ahhhhhhhhh snap yallI was starting to think it might never happen.

Trevo_410
08-10-2011, 06:27 PM
i wonder what kind of shape he's been keeping himself in the last couple years...

eazyb81
08-10-2011, 06:34 PM
HAPPY SHELDON DAY!!!!!!!

duncan_idaho
08-10-2011, 06:47 PM
At last. At last.

Hard to believe it's been five years since I first saw this kid playing football on a practice field in St. Louis. Hard to believe it's been four years since I saw his tape for the first time and went "Holy sh*t." Hard to believe he's finally, really, at LAST going to practice with the Tigers.

The Tigers DT group just got a major injection of potential help. Richardson is a beast and will at minimum be a decent addition to the rotation. I think he'll be starting next to Hamilton by Big 12 play.

And Lucas Vincent is going to help some, too.

kepp
08-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Dave_Matter Dave Matter

And hell hath frozen over.

http://twitpic.com/644h7e

Pitt Gorilla
08-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Dude WILL be a beast. Period. Of course, he also returned some punts in HS as well!

duncan_idaho
08-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Dude WILL be a beast. Period. Of course, he also returned some punts in HS as well!

Don't forget...

He also played CF for the baseball team
And wing for the basketball team

Just an astoundingly athletic guy.

Great that he plays defensive tackle. Stick him in there, give him the waterboy treatment, and let it happen.

Saul Good
08-10-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm not going to get excited until he plays his first down for Mizzou. Too many things have gone wrong with this guy. He's Tony Mitchell with a helmet until proven otherwise.

kepp
08-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Don't forget...

He also played CF for the baseball team
And wing for the basketball team

Just an astoundingly athletic guy.

Great that he plays defensive tackle. Stick him in there, give him the waterboy treatment, and let it happen.

And depending on a medical redshirt for last season, he could have 3 years of eligibility...if he keeps his grades up.

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm not going to get excited until he plays his first down for Mizzou. Too many things have gone wrong with this guy. He's Tony Mitchell with a helmet until proven otherwise.

lol.

He is way beyond Tony Mitchell.

duncan_idaho
08-10-2011, 07:38 PM

This has been confirmed by SID Chad Moeller. He's been cleared to play.

He can't be ruled academically ineligible until the start of the 2012 Winter Semester.

The only thing that would stand in the way at this point is Sheldon getting hurt.

KChiefs1
08-10-2011, 07:59 PM
MU's defense just went to another level.

DeezNutz
08-10-2011, 08:00 PM
This has been confirmed by SID Chad Moeller. He's been cleared to play.

He can't be ruled academically ineligible until the start of the 2012 Winter Semester.

The only thing that would stand in the way at this point is Sheldon getting hurt.

This post is the equivalent of watching Perez gun that fuck at third.

KcMizzou
08-10-2011, 08:00 PM
MU's defense just went to another level.It was already pretty damned good.

KChiefs1
08-10-2011, 08:04 PM
It was already pretty damned good.

Exactly! :thumb:

duncan_idaho
08-10-2011, 08:19 PM
If Sheldon lives up to his potential sooner rather than later...

He will start next to Hamilton. Missouri will have the best starting defensive line in the Big 12 and possibly the country. And it's deep as hell, too.

Kony Ealy, Lucas Vincent, Resonno, and Michael Sam are the second-string DL. That's a crazy good second group.

KcMizzou
08-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Dave_Matter Dave Matter
Sheldon Richardson just posted on Facebook: "34 was late...... sorry for the wait thank you"

You know he's gotta be stoked.

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 09:25 PM
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/50/f50b67d2-76e7-575c-a3c2-8b55f549b872/4e426ff38e561.preview-300.jpg

Priest31kc
08-10-2011, 10:18 PM
23 days until Miami of Ohio @ Mizzou!!! Cant freakin wait.

Excited about our D-Line w/Sheldon & Hamilton in the middle. Oh yeah and our DEs Smith, Madison, Sam & Ealy. Damn what a line. The whole D looks great actually, Gooden's a beast, CBs look good, safety might be the only position Im concerned about.

Very anxious to see Franklin and how he is as a passer. I love that he brings that dual threat we havent had, so defenses will have to honor his running ability, which also makes the run game better. Speaking of run game, Im interested to see how often we use a fullback and go under center like we were hearing in the Spring. O-Line looks great w/4 seniors, should be even better than last year. Sucks Murphy is out for the year, but I like Lawrence, Josey & Moore as a 3 headed tandem. And I really like our WR core. Moe & Egnew are legit receivers, Jackson shows flashes, Kemp is meh. I think L'Daimian Washington could step up this year and of course Im excited about Lucas, Sasser & Hunt and I think atleast 1 of them will step up and become a playmaker (my votes for Lucas).

I think this season hinges on Franklin and how fast he can develop. We have great lines, solid back 7 on D, & good RBs & WRs.

Should be an exciting season, tough schedule...I think we can go 9-3. Anything better will be awesome.

eazyb81
08-11-2011, 06:07 AM
Nice rundown of the entire Sheldon Saga from Gabe at Power Mizzou(non-subscriber):

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1250479

kepp
08-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Nice rundown of the entire Sheldon Saga from Gabe at Power Mizzou(non-subscriber):

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1250479

Wow, that's a lot of flip-flopping. I understand to a degree though. You're going to CC in southern California and go on a visit to USC...of course you're going to be swayed a bit. I just hope he lives up to the hype.

kepp
08-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Dave_Matter
If you're keeping score at home, Richardson won 3 of 4 of his matchups in 1-on-1 pass-rush drills vs #mizzou off guards

http://yfrog.com/khocpsxj

kepp
08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Pics from practice - http://missouri.rivals.com/photofeature.asp?SID=898&fid=37495

According to one of the captions, Richardson weighed in at 310 lbs.

duncan_idaho
08-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Practice reports are sounding pretty promising:

Richardson dominating offensive linemen (including starting players) according to coaches, Pinkel.

MArcus Lucas had a really great week.

Kony Ealy looks like a valuable contributor for this year

Franklin and Berkstresser both playing well.

DJ's left nut
08-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Practice reports are sounding pretty promising:

Richardson dominating offensive linemen (including starting players) according to coaches, Pinkel.

MArcus Lucas had a really great week.

Kony Ealy looks like a valuable contributor for this year

Franklin and Berkstresser both playing well.

Ealy was the guy that I thought could really make this defense dominant.

I know everyone was looking at Richardson, but if Ealy can be what he was touted as (another Aldon), I think we could actually go into Norman and make some noise.

Dammit what I wouldn't give for another shot at those guys at home this year. They just don't !@#$ing lose in Norman.

I think we have a better team than they do, I just can't see us marching down there and knocking them off in their own barn.

patteeu
08-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Dammit what I wouldn't give for another shot at those guys at home this year. They just don't !@#$ing lose in Norman.

Come on, Negative Nancy. That just means they're due!

eazyb81
08-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Nice to see Lucas stepping up. I hope he can get some meaningful playing time this year and step into a starting role by next season.

Priest31kc
08-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Nice to see Lucas stepping up. I hope he can get some meaningful playing time this year and step into a starting role by next season.

Gabe Dearmond was on 810 like a week ago and said after Egnew leaves, he thinks they will put Lucas in his slot position, which was also Danario's and Coffman & Rucker's, where they put up huge numbers. He has size similar to DA, so I think Lucas could really breakout next season in the slot, but I do think he can contribute this year as well.

|Zach|
08-12-2011, 11:58 AM

I know everyone was looking at Richardson, but if Ealy can be what he was touted as (another Aldon), I think we could actually go into Norman and make some noise.

I think we have a better team than they do, I just can't see us marching down there and knocking them off in their own barn.

It absolutely will be an interesting season.

Saul Good
08-12-2011, 12:08 PM

Fuck that. We go to Norman, and we kick their asses. If Franklin is the real thing, we match up with any team in the country. I'm tired of being afraid of the big boys. We punched them in the mouth last year, and we need to punch them in the mouth again this year.

|Zach|
08-12-2011, 12:11 PM
**** that. We go to Norman, and we kick their asses. If Franklin is the real thing, we match up with any team in the country. I'm tired of being afraid of the big boys. We punched them in the mouth last year, and we need to punch them in the mouth again this year.

I forget where I saw it...it was some kind of ESPN preview and they did a solid overview of where this team is at. Under the negatives column they basically said "this is Missouri" they have had the pieces there to do special things but just haven't been able to take it to that next level for whatever reason.

This is a good year to possibly break out of that Charlie Brown mold.

DJ's left nut
08-12-2011, 12:15 PM
I forget where I saw it...it was some kind of ESPN preview and they did a solid overview of where this team is at. Under the negatives column they basically said "this is Missouri" they have had the pieces there to do special things but just haven't been able to take it to that next level for whatever reason.

This is a good year to possibly break out of that Charlie Brown mold.

Yup, read that one as well.

It had them as a 'darkhorse to win it all' and under they 'why they won't' section, it just said "they're mizzou...."

|Zach|
08-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Yup, read that one as well.

It had them as a 'darkhorse to win it all' and under they 'why they won't' section, it just said "they're mizzou...."

Which is legit IMO. Until we prove it on the field.

duncan_idaho
08-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I know the defense is missing Aldon Smith, Carl Gettis, Jerrell Harrison and Kevin Rutland, but let's be honest... Smith is the only guy there that's really a star.

I think the defense is going to be improved, even from what it was last year.

It all starts up front. The reason Gettis, Harrison and Rutland were able to be effective last year is that the Missouri DL did such a great job pressuring the QB. And that's going to continue.

Considering Smith's injury, I don't think it would be shocking if Ealy is just as good as Smith was in 2010. Madison and Jacquies Smith will be solid.

And if Richardson continues to manchild it (throwing around experienced, quality Big 12 guards with ONE FREAKIN' HAND. Are you kidding me?), the middle of the DL will be just as good as the Ends.

Richardson+a healthy Dom Hamilton is the best interior combo in the Big 12, and could be the top combo in the country. I'm going to say this right now... I think Richardson could have an All-American season (and promptly jet to the NFL).

If I could pick one area of my defense to be outstanding every year... it would be the defensive line. Makes all the other units look better.

Kip Edwards/E.J. Gaines will get it done at corner, and Matt White/Tavon Bolden will get it done at safety.

I also think Franklin is going to be a little more effective and consistent in this offense than Gabbert was.

Blaine, for all his strengths, killed a lot of drives by scrambling INTO trouble. His tendency to lock onto reads 1 and 2 also caused him to miss a LOT of open receivers (and his cannon arm allowed him to get away with drilling it to Moe/Egnew every time).

Franklin shows better pocket presence and is much more of a running threat because he's quicker and has more acceleration than Blaine. He also is not afraid of contact/bulling over a defender (see goal line run vs. OU last year).

COuld be a special, special year.

|Zach|
08-12-2011, 12:43 PM
I know the defense is missing Aldon Smith, Carl Gettis, Jerrell Harrison and Kevin Rutland, but let's be honest... Smith is the only guy there that's really a star.

I think the defense is going to be improved, even from what it was last year.

It all starts up front. The reason Gettis, Harrison and Rutland were able to be effective last year is that the Missouri DL did such a great job pressuring the QB. And that's going to continue.

Considering Smith's injury, I don't think it would be shocking if Ealy is just as good as Smith was in 2010. Madison and Jacquies Smith will be solid.

And if Richardson continues to manchild it (throwing around experienced, quality Big 12 guards with ONE FREAKIN' HAND. Are you kidding me?), the middle of the DL will be just as good as the Ends.

Richardson+a healthy Dom Hamilton is the best interior combo in the Big 12, and could be the top combo in the country. I'm going to say this right now... I think Richardson could have an All-American season (and promptly jet to the NFL).

If I could pick one area of my defense to be outstanding every year... it would be the defensive line. Makes all the other units look better.

Kip Edwards/E.J. Gaines will get it done at corner, and Matt White/Tavon Bolden will get it done at safety.

I also think Franklin is going to be a little more effective and consistent in this offense than Gabbert was.

Blaine, for all his strengths, killed a lot of drives by scrambling INTO trouble. His tendency to lock onto reads 1 and 2 also caused him to miss a LOT of open receivers (and his cannon arm allowed him to get away with drilling it to Moe/Egnew every time).

Franklin shows better pocket presence and is much more of a running threat because he's quicker and has more acceleration than Blaine. He also is not afraid of contact/bulling over a defender (see goal line run vs. OU last year).

COuld be a special, special year.
Matter actually asked the coaches about this late last year. They said actually Gabbert is better in that area. And it isn't even close.

Not a knock on Franklin though I agree with you that he is more of a threat because he is naturally better at it.

duncan_idaho
08-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Matter actually asked the coaches about this late last year. They said actually Gabbert is better in that area. And it isn't even close.

Not a knock on Franklin though I agree with you that he is more of a threat because he is naturally better at it.

Gabbert has a great 40-time (which is what I've seen referenced), but Franklin is noticeably quicker and better at accelerating according to everyone I've talked to who has seen them both in person.

That could be because he's more decisive with the ball and more willing to run/take a hit than Blaine, but I'm not sure.

I would guess Blaine would lose a 10-yard dash or shuttle to Franklin, but beat him over a longer sprint distance.

kepp
08-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Gabbert has a great 40-time (which is what I've seen referenced), but Franklin is noticeably quicker and better at accelerating according to everyone I've talked to who has seen them both in person.

That could be because he's more decisive with the ball and more willing to run/take a hit than Blaine, but I'm not sure.

I would guess Blaine would lose a 10-yard dash or shuttle to Franklin, but beat him over a longer sprint distance.

I think Franklin has better lateral quickness than Gabbert also.

SPATCH
08-12-2011, 01:56 PM
I think Franklin has better lateral quickness than Gabbert also.

Bingo. Half the people on my intramural flag football team have better lateral quickness than Blaine Gabbert. Which isn't saying much actually. Blaine was great when he was going downhill with a bit of space... but laterally, he was quite pedestrian. Franklin, on the otherhand, has exceptional acceleration/lateral quickness for a qb. He's a much better runner, there is no question about that.

|Zach|
08-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Mizzou in the NFL tonight: @aldonsmithJETS with 5 tackles, sack for 49ers. @ChaseDaniel 13-21, 129 yds. for Saints.

KChiefs1
08-13-2011, 11:02 PM

I've heard that Ealy has a mean streak in him when he is playing too...probably needs to tone it down some but I like players who play witha chip on their shoulder.

Saul Good
08-14-2011, 10:27 AM

I just signed up this morning. $100 for a year seems reasonable enough.

kepp
08-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Mizzou in the NFL tonight: @aldonsmithJETS with 5 tackles, sack for 49ers. @ChaseDaniel 13-21, 129 yds. for Saints.

And don't forget Wolfert with two 40+ FGs for the Browns.
Posted via Mobile Device

|Zach|
08-14-2011, 02:20 PM
And don't forget Wolfert with two 40+ FGs for the Browns.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey cool! Didn't notice. Really happy for that guy. Glad he could catch on somewhere.

Rams Fan
08-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Hey cool! Didn't notice. Really happy for that guy. Glad he could catch on somewhere.

The Browns signed like 3 UDFAs from Mizzou aside from Wolfert, I think.

Gettis and 2 other players.

Mizzou_8541
08-14-2011, 04:01 PM
I just signed up this morning. $100 for a year seems reasonable enough.

Awesome. I hope you start posting there. Your perspective would be nice over there.

Saul Good
08-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Awesome. I hope you start posting there. Your perspective would be nice over there.

I haven't posted over they yet. The forum is kind of janky. Maybe I'm just spoiled by CP, but it seems weird that the posts aren't numbered, the quoting is strange, etc.

Al Bundy
08-14-2011, 05:41 PM
I haven't posted over they yet. The forum is kind of janky. Maybe I'm just spoiled by CP, but it seems weird that the posts aren't numbered, the quoting is strange, etc.

The Rivals message boards are odd. I am a member of the UCF Knights one and I am not a huge fan of the mb style.

DJ's left nut
08-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Some rumbling around town that Fisher might have shredded his knee this morning.

No definitive diagnosis, but it sounds pretty bad.

EDIT:

2 bits of good news would be 1) It evidently hurt like hell (usually means its less catastrophic, oddly enough) and 2) He still has his red-shirt. If it's blown, put the redshirt on him and bring him back next year to anchor what's likely going to be a very young O-Line.

If anywhere on the team could take that kind of blow, it's the O-Line, but this will hurt quite a bit for the immediate future.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Some rumbling around town that Fisher might have shredded his knee this morning.

No definitive diagnosis, but it sounds pretty bad.

EDIT:

2 bits of good news would be 1) It evidently hurt like hell (usually means its less catastrophic, oddly enough) and 2) He still has his red-shirt. If it's blown, put the redshirt on him and bring him back next year to anchor what's likely going to be a very young O-Line.

If anywhere on the team could take that kind of blow, it's the O-Line, but this will hurt quite a bit for the immediate future.

I think Gatti could definitely step in and play that position well. More than anything, this just irritates me because it reminds me what a bust Demien has been so far. Fourth team OG after being the best recruit in the state and one of the better OTs in the nation

DJ's left nut
08-15-2011, 10:42 AM
I think Gatti could definitely step in and play that position well. More than anything, this just irritates me because it reminds me what a bust Demien has been so far. Fourth team OG after being the best recruit in the state and one of the better OTs in the nation

Seems like Britt is going to take over for the immediate future.

Fisher's a loss, and a big one. I know a lot of guys are down on him because that's just the nature of the beast as an O-lineman, but the guy got named to the all-conference team for a reason, he's a good ballplayer.

I really think Pinkel was going to try more power running and more downfield passing this season, in large part due to the experience on the line. With Fisher dropping, we may see much more of that dump pass crap we saw last season.

beer bacon
08-15-2011, 10:45 AM
It sounds like Britt, Meiners, or possibly Hoch will move over to LT.

Pitt Gorilla
08-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Elvis likely done for the year, but can get a medical redshirt. Fortunately, there are several quality candidates to step in.

|Zach|
08-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Elvis likely done for the year, but can get a medical redshirt. Fortunately, there are several quality candidates to step in.

Wow. Huge bummer.

DJ's left nut
08-15-2011, 12:07 PM

He started as a true Freshman, no?

He wouldn't even need the medical redshirt at that point, I think he could still use his existing year.

Big loss, for sure, but having him around next year when we lose Hoch, Palmgren and the other guard (who's name escapes me) may be a very big deal.

I'd rather have him this season, but there's a silver lining to be found.

Saul Good
08-15-2011, 12:11 PM
He used his redshirt. It would have to be medical. Dudes going to br 40 when he graduates.