PDA

View Full Version : MU ***Official 2011-2012 Mizzou football repository thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

duncan_idaho
02-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Here is Missouri's complete recruiting class:
1. Dorial Green-Beckham, 6-6, 220-pound wide receiver out of Springfield (Mo.) Hillcrest.
My thoughts on this guy are probably fairly well-documented. But let's talk about what he adds on the field. I expect him to start from Day 1 in one of the slot positions, probably the H that Danario Alexander rocked in 2009. If DGB demands double-teams, the Tigers should be able to find one-man advantages in the running game as well as a lot of single coverage for other receivers.
2. Evan Boehm, 6-3, 290-pound offensive lineman from Lee's Summit West. Boehm honestly could start from Day 1, too. I have no doubt he cracks the two-deep as a true freshman and think he's going to be a big stud.
3. Morgan Steward, 5-11, 182-pound running back from Staley High School in Kansas City. I think he develops into a nice, well-balanced back. Good speed, good hands, little wiggle. Think he's probably a better fit for this offense than Jonathan Williams, ultimately.
4. Sean Culkin, 6-5, 226-pound tight end out of Largo, Fl. Got a lot of late buzz. Certainly fits the profile for a Mizzou TE.
5. Maty Mauk, 6-2, 185-pound quarterback out of Kenton, Oh. Next to DGB and Boehm, my favorite recruit in this class. My guy in Ohio raves about him. He'll be a great fit in this offense.
6. Donavin Newsom, 6-2, 220-pound linebacker out of St. Louis. Athletic LBer. Had a knee injury last season, but I think he's a contributor at the WILL eventually.
7. Evan Winston, 6-4, 240-pound defensive lineman out of Muskegon Heights, Mi. Going to be a DT in college, I think. Two-deep fodder, IMO.
8. Torey Boozer, 6-3, 210-pound defensive back out of Everman, Tx. If he can add 30 pounds without losing speed, I think he's going to be a great OLB
9. Harold Brantley, 6-2, 260-pound defensive lineman out of Hershey, Pa. Interesting project. VERY raw. Good initial quickness, though. Could be a player as an undertackle
10. Levi Copelin, 6-2, 170-pound defensive back/wide receiver out of Oklahoma.SPEED. One of the fastest guys in Oklahoma. If he can get bigger, could be an outstanding S.
11. Ka'Ra Stewart, 6-0, 190-pound defensive back out of O'Fallon, Il.Love him at corner. Big, physical, good speed. Reminds me a lot of EJ Gaines in high school.
12. Rickey Hatley, 6-4 defensive end out of Atlanta, Tx.Another project. Two deep fodder
13. Michael Scherer, 6-4, 229-pound linebacker from St. Louis.I think he ends up at strongside end or MLB. Could be a big, physical, two-down MLB (something needed in the SEC) or a high motor strongside end.
14. Jordan Williams, 6-4, 290-pound offensive lineman out of Denton, Tx. Nice OL prospect. From a great school. Think he'll contribute eventually.
15. Chaston Cuffee, 6-1, 185-pound defensive back out of Cleburne, Tx. Really good all-around athlete, not sure if he slots better at CB or S
16. John Gibson, 5-10, 172-pound defensive back out of Missouri City, Tx. If he qualifies, I think he's a really nice CB prospect. Arkansas ID'd him early, and their staff does a pretty good job IDing guys, too.
17. Russell Hansbrough, 5-8, 173-pound running back out of Arlington, Tx.Electric change-of-pace guy.
18. Markus Golden, 6-3, 230-pound linebacker out of Hutchinson (Ks.) Community College. Sleeper of this class. He's a beast, and I think he's going to be a hell of a weakside DE, though he could stick at MLB, too.

Read more here: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2366#storylink=cpy

I'm back! Very excited about this class. I see three guys that I think will be big stars (DGB, Boehm, Mauk), three-four projects, and a bunch of solid contributor sorts.

I think Golden, Steward and Stewart are the lottery tickets, though I think they're all at least solid contributors.

Saul Good
02-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Don't sleep on Culkin. He reminds me of Chase Coffman.

DJ's left nut
02-07-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm hearing Elvis Fisher got his medical hardship exemption granted today and will be back next season.

That would be pretty badass...

EDIT:

And there it is on his twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/ElvisFisher72

sweet.

Saul Good
02-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm hearing Elvis Fisher got his medical hardship exemption granted today and will be back next season.

That would be pretty badass...

EDIT:

And there it is on his twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/ElvisFisher72

sweet.

That is enormous. Wow. Great news.

It's pretty amazing what Pinkel pulled off last year, when you really think about it. He didn't expect to lose his QB (top 10 pick in the draft) or his DE (top 10 pick in the draft) to the NFL, and then he lost his Senior LT in the Spring and the nation's leading rusher.

To win 8 games given those circumstances is pretty impressive. It's easy to lose perspective sometimes.

Saul Good
02-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote from Pinkel, "This is mammoth".

DJ's left nut
02-07-2012, 06:09 PM
It changes a lot.

Suddenly you can move Britt back to guard and maybe, just maybe, you can make Evan Boehm your starting Center w/ the more experienced interior lineman around him.

It's not as big as DGB, but it's about as close as you can get without pulling the #1 recruit in the nation. That's a massive pickup.

Saul Good
02-07-2012, 06:11 PM
It changes a lot.

Suddenly you can move Britt back to guard and maybe, just maybe, you can make Evan Boehm your starting Center w/ the more experienced interior lineman around him.

It's not as big as DGB, but it's about as close as you can get without pulling the #1 recruit in the nation. That's a massive pickup.

It's bigger than DGB this year. I haven't heard any talk of Boehm at C. He was a Tackle that projected to a Guard, I thought.

Mizzou_8541
02-07-2012, 08:34 PM
It changes a lot.

Wouldn't Britt just move over to the right side?

Saul Good
02-07-2012, 09:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/

Mizzou is the featured team on ESPN.com's college football page. Several articles on Mizzou.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
02-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Don't sleep on Culkin. He reminds me of Chase Coffman.

Well it's certainly not his offer list that would lead you to believe this.

Saul Good
02-07-2012, 09:43 PM

Coffman didn't have a huge offer list.

duncan_idaho
02-07-2012, 09:45 PM
It changes a lot.

Not sure if Boehm has been working on his snaps. I'd expect him to get PT at either RG (if Britt slides to LG) or LG (if Britt slides to RT).

Fisher Britt Morse Boehm Gatti

beer bacon
02-08-2012, 12:42 AM

He got offers from Florida and FSU late in the signing year. Most players never get their recruit profiles updated after they commit and shut down their recruitment.

Mizzou_8541
02-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Not sure if Boehm has been working on his snaps. I'd expect him to get PT at either RG (if Britt slides to LG) or LG (if Britt slides to RT).

Fisher Britt Morse Boehm Gatti

What about Meiners? Demien?

duncan_idaho
02-08-2012, 08:51 AM
What about Meiners? Demien?

Demien is quickly approaching the "bust" label. He's been passed over on depth charts not only by guys in his class (Gatti, Morse) but also by guys in the class BELOW hm. Not sure what his deal is, but I wouldn't count on him being a contributor.

I think Meiners is the No. 6 guy of the OL group. Will swing between any position but center.

eazyb81
02-08-2012, 09:49 AM
LMAO

ESPN: How big of a step do you think it will be for Missouri in the SEC?

TJ Moe: I think it’s going to be a rigorous transition because of the bottom teams in the SEC. They’re basically what the mid-tier teams were in the Big 12. The top teams in the Big 12 are every bit as good as the top teams in the SEC. But we get to play Kansas every year in the Big 12, and there’s no Kansas in the SEC. It’s almost like you have off weeks in the Big 12. You can’t say that about the SEC. You have to bring your “A” game every week.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-08-2012, 10:09 AM
LMAO

TJ Moe: I think it’s going to be a rigorous transition because of the bottom teams in the SEC. They’re basically what the mid-tier teams were in the Big 12. The top teams in the Big 12 are every bit as good as the top teams in the SEC. But we get to play Kansas every year in the Big 12, and there’s no Kansas in the SEC. It’s almost like you have off weeks in the Big 12. You can’t say that about the SEC. You have to bring your “A” game every week.

Well that should spark a 2000 post thread from some guys who "don't care" about football.

kchero
02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
LMAO

I know it's funny but TJ is absolutey right in that assessment. It goes to show you that Mizzou took it easy in some of those type of games in the past and it's good to see they know that won't be the case in the SEC.

Captain Obvious
02-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Any news from Junior Days?

Pitt Gorilla
02-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Any news from Junior Days?Things are looking really good. We picked up a couple of recruits and have some others with Mizzou (most likely) in the lead.

duncan_idaho
02-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Any news from Junior Days?

We are offering a TON of guys (way more early offers for in-state and out-of-state players).

Notables:

RB, Ezekiel Elliott of John Burroughs, St. Louis (blowing up, probably No. 1 in state and will be a HIGH 4-star)
LB, Nick Ramirez, Lee's Summit West (Evan Boehm's high school buddy. Arkie wants him bad, but Missouri has a good shot)
OT, Antar Thompson, Maplewood (St. Louis). (Huge talent. Huge qualifying risk.)
DE Jamone Boyd, Lee's Summit (Corbin Berkstresser's high school buddy looks like a D-1 DE now - and has for a few years. Also a qualifying risk).

I think the Offers list is free at PowerMizzou, but I'm not 100 percent on that. If you check it out, you'll see a TON of out-of-state 4-stars on there already, including a bunch of OL from Illinois and Iowa, and Marcus Murphy's little brother (a 4-star RB from DeSoto).

Also, they picked up two commits, a LB from Jeff City (Joe Burkett) and an ATH from St. Louis, CBC's Aarion Penton.

Great start to a crucial class.

Imon Yourside
02-13-2012, 09:14 AM
LMAO

Good! We won't have to worry about Miserians crying and whining to play us.

Saul Good
02-13-2012, 09:22 AM

You'll still pretend not to care about Mizzou while you visit our threads though, right?

Imon Yourside
02-13-2012, 09:35 AM
You'll still pretend not to care about Mizzou while you visit our threads though, right?

I won't care after you leave the conference and have to set the record straight for you guys when it comes to BS. ;)

patteeu
02-13-2012, 09:40 AM

No need to worry. It looks like your team will be protected from Mizzou for a few years at least.

Imon Yourside
02-13-2012, 09:43 AM
No need to worry. It looks like your team will be protected from Mizzou for a few years at least.

Charlie Weis would have MU fans shaking in their shoes anyways, so it's for the best. :p

Saul Good
02-13-2012, 09:48 AM
I won't care after you leave the conference and have to set the record straight for you guys when it comes to BS. ;)

Our football team is gone. The 2011 season has ended. Stick around, though. It's fun to have compelling sporting events all year round.

eazyb81
02-13-2012, 09:49 AM
We are offering a TON of guys (way more early offers for in-state and out-of-state players).

Notables:

RB, Ezekiel Elliott of John Burroughs, St. Louis (blowing up, probably No. 1 in state and will be a HIGH 4-star)
LB, Nick Ramirez, Lee's Summit West (Evan Boehm's high school buddy. Arkie wants him bad, but Missouri has a good shot)
OT, Antar Thompson, Maplewood (St. Louis). (Huge talent. Huge qualifying risk.)
DE Jamone Boyd, Lee's Summit (Corbin Berkstresser's high school buddy looks like a D-1 DE now - and has for a few years. Also a qualifying risk).

I think the Offers list is free at PowerMizzou, but I'm not 100 percent on that. If you check it out, you'll see a TON of out-of-state 4-stars on there already, including a bunch of OL from Illinois and Iowa, and Marcus Murphy's little brother (a 4-star RB from DeSoto).

Also, they picked up two commits, a LB from Jeff City (Joe Burkett) and an ATH from St. Louis, CBC's Aarion Penton.

Great start to a crucial class.

Elliott is going to be a stud. Rivals already realizes they missed big when they didn't include him on the initial Rivals 250 list released last week. He added an offer from Ohio State last week to go along with Mizzou, Nebraska, Arky, and Iowa.

He's one I really want in this class. He could be the big bruising tailback we need in the SEC.

kepp
02-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Charlie Weis would have MU fans shaking in their shoes anyways, so it's for the best. :p

Only when he's walking.

duncan_idaho
02-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Only when he's walking.

No, that's not true.

He also can shake people when:

1) He sits down on a bench or at a table
2) People get a whiff of his notoriously bad BO
3) People realize he couldn't make the pro-style offense work with Notre Dame OR Florida talent, and is now trying to do so at kansas

Old Dog
02-13-2012, 11:40 AM
ya'll are up to #3 in the Coaches poll

beer bacon
02-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Mizzou got a commit last night from Kansas City WR/DB Anthony Sherrils. He is a great athlete and also happens to be the cousin of Marcus Denmon. We have a great shot at locking down recruiting in KC this year.

pkane
02-22-2012, 11:29 PM
MU signed Brandon Holifield. 6'5 TE out of Florida.