PDA

View Full Version : MU ***Official 2011-2012 Mizzou football repository thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

|Zach|
11-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Franklin projects to about 3000 yards passing, 22 passing TDs, 9 INTs, 900 yards rushing, and 16 rushing TDs. Basically, he's on pace to have the best season of any Mizzou QB in history not named Chase Daniel...and he's a true Sophomore.

http://i.imgur.com/3rTDU.jpg

Saul Good
11-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I understand that. I'm also aware of the fact that he's going to be playing against defenses that are significantly more talented across the board, and his ability to stretch out plays with his legs won't be completely eliminated, but largely reduced. He's going to need to become more of a pocket passer.

I agree, but it's pretty unlikely that he's not the best QB on our roster next year by a couple of standard deviations. I mean, Mauk plays in the Ohio version of 2-A football. If you think Franklin is going to see better competition in moving from the Big XII to the SEC next year, imagine what Mauk is going to see.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-21-2011, 10:28 PM
I agree, but it's pretty unlikely that he's not the best QB on our roster next year by a couple of standard deviations. I mean, Mauk plays in the Ohio version of 2-A football. If you think Franklin is going to see better competition in moving from the Big XII to the SEC next year, imagine what Mauk is going to see.

I would fully expect Franklin to win the job given his experience, but I also don't think he should be Casseled the job.

Saul Good
11-21-2011, 10:38 PM
I would fully expect Franklin to win the job given his experience, but I also don't think he should be Casseled the job.

I don't see how it's even an issue. He was in legit competition with Gabbert, and he won the job. He has turned into one of the top 20 QBs in the country in 11 games with 26 games or more in front of him. He's more Matt Ryan than Matt Cassel at this point.

KcMizzou
11-25-2011, 08:25 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y4JFnHP0pbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KcMizzou
11-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Mizzou better be ready tomorrow. They're in a bit of a fucked up situation with Pinkel's arrest, and him just coming back yesterday. They'd better be up for this game.

I don't hate the KU players, or Gill. (it's more about the fans and the administration at this point.) They consider this rivalry even. They'll be playing their asses off in this game. As the Beakers like to say after losing a basketball game, this will be "their Super Bowl".

That said : They don't want to play us anymore? Alright. We'll be just fine.

Mizzou should dominate this team. Hit 'em hard and fast... and run up the score. It's the last time so what the hell, right?

Something tells me the Border War will be restored when Kansas football isn't such a train wreck.

Jerm
11-25-2011, 11:20 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y4JFnHP0pbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of the greatest nights of my life...loved every second of it...

Frazod
11-25-2011, 11:21 PM

Oh yeah. Being there really put it over the top.

Spott
11-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Something tells me the Border War will be restored when Kansas football isn't such a train wreck.

Maybe they can have their game against Arkansas at Arrowhead every year. I even think it would be cool to have an out of conference game against KSU there.

rageeumr
11-25-2011, 11:24 PM

I sat in the KU section and took a potential client who's a KU fan. I may have lost a client, but I had one of the best nights of my life :rockon:

Priest31kc
11-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Dave_Matter Dave Matter
Alden tells Columbia Tiger QB Club #Mizzou will play in Meineke Car Care (Hou), Pinstripe (NYC) or one of 5-6 at-large non-Big 12 bowls

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
SEC ADs have a conference call today to discuss 2012 football schedule, should be released by Christmas

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
#Mizzou will have all new Nike uniforms and new artificial turf in 2012, per Pinkel.

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
Pinkel says #Mizzou might give sneak peek of new uniforms in April. He likes them, won't say if helmet will change

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
Thanks to the computers, #Mizzou cracks BCS standings at No. 25. MU's avg computer ranking is 22

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
#Mizzou only five-loss team in BCS top 25. No. 22 Texas (7-4) is only four-loss team. MU is 32nd in Harris poll, 31st in coaches poll

Priest31kc
11-28-2011, 01:43 PM
New uniforms!

SPATCH
11-28-2011, 01:55 PM
New uniforms!

About damn time! I can't wait to see them.

I hope they go retro-sleek (sort of like OSU). Maybe go back to the solid white "M" on the helmet?

Frazod
11-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Dave_Matter Dave Matter
Alden tells Columbia Tiger QB Club #Mizzou will play in Meineke Car Care (Hou), Pinstripe (NYC) or one of 5-6 at-large non-Big 12 bowls

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
SEC ADs have a conference call today to discuss 2012 football schedule, should be released by Christmas

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
#Mizzou will have all new Nike uniforms and new artificial turf in 2012, per Pinkel.

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
Pinkel says #Mizzou might give sneak peek of new uniforms in April. He likes them, won't say if helmet will change

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
Thanks to the computers, #Mizzou cracks BCS standings at No. 25. MU's avg computer ranking is 22

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
#Mizzou only five-loss team in BCS top 25. No. 22 Texas (7-4) is only four-loss team. MU is 32nd in Harris poll, 31st in coaches poll

I'm sure we'll get totally boned on the bowl selection. The Big Texas League scumbags wouldn't support us when we were "loyal members" *snicker* and I expect less than nothing now.

Frankly, I'd just as soon go to an at-large bowl and just be done with the cocksuckers forever, right now.

Frazod
11-28-2011, 01:58 PM

I hope they go retro-sleek (sort of like OSU). Maybe go back to the solid white "M" on the helmet?

I love the helmet - I hope they don't fuck with it. The uniforms themselves, however, have sucked shit since the last change. IMO, any change (well, almost any change) works for me.

mnchiefsguy
11-28-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm sure we'll get totally boned on the bowl selection. The Big Texas League scumbags wouldn't support us when we were "loyal members" *snicker* and I expect less than nothing now.

Frankly, I'd just as soon go to an at-large bowl and just be done with the one who sucks the peniss forever, right now.

I agree, the Big XII will go out of its way to make sure Mizzou gets the worst bowl bid possible. I say take an at-large bowl bid and be done with it.

kepp
11-28-2011, 02:02 PM
I agree, the Big XII will go out of its way to make sure Mizzou gets the worst bowl bid possible. I say take an at-large bowl bid and be done with it.

I heard someone bring up an interesting question about that. If we go to a bowl without a Big12 tie-in, do we get all that money?

DJ's left nut
11-28-2011, 02:03 PM
I'll be honest - I don't care where we go, I just want to win the damn thing.

This team just doesn't seem to care about its bowl games and it's starting to frustrate me. If these guys can go out there in a 'down' year and put up an 8 win season, that says a ton about where the program is. If they can do it while having the hardest schedule in the nation according to Sagarin and maybe even end up ranked when all is said and done (we'll see how the final coaches poll shakes out), that would be truly incredible.

I really want to win this damn bowl game. And I really want to see us actually gain a recruit sometime over the next year or so because all I'm hearing about right now is losing them.

Frazod
11-28-2011, 02:17 PM
God knows we had the last bowl game won until Big Game Blaine decided he was really a closet Hawkeye fan. :grr:

Saul Good
11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
If we win our bowl game, we will finish the season ranked. If we don't, we won't. Its as simple as that.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
An addendum: Our recent victory over KU pushed our strength of schedule this season from 1 down to 5.

Stupid KU, !@#$ing up our RPI...

Frazod
11-28-2011, 02:28 PM
An addendum: Our recent victory over KU pushed our strength of schedule this season from 1 down to 5.

Stupid KU, !@#$ing up our RPI...

I'm still mortified that we only won by two touchdowns. Christ. :facepalm:

DJ's left nut
11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm still mortified that we only won by two touchdowns. Christ. :facepalm:

Franklin and Palko must have watched the same game-tape over the weekend. And I'm guessing it was probably Gabbert's performance vs. Iowa that they watched.

I'm not as down on Franklin as most; he shows the tools about 1/2 the time. He's just inconsistent as hell and that's a pretty standard hallmark of a first-year starter. I think he keeps the job next year with ease and I think we end up pretty happy with his progress.

That said, his first half was freakin' horrific. That's as bad a 1/2 of football as I've seen from a quarterback in a long long time.

OnTheWarpath15
11-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Nothing earth shattering, but I thought you guys might be interested in this:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/tiger-tracker/pinkel-finally-speaks-on-sec-move/article_c91d7352-19e3-11e1-ade6-001a4bcf6878.html

With Mizzou's apparent last Big 12 regular season behind, coach Gary Pinkel on Monday for the first time publicly discussed elements of MU's impending move to the Southeastern Conference that was announced Nov. 6.

"Certainly, recruiting-wise, we've already done that; we've made a couple adjustments," he said during the Big 12 media teleconference. "We're going to put one of our coaches into Atlanta and put two in Florida."

Pinkel, who previously had deferred comment to the end of the season, said to some degree those adjustments already have been made but will be solidified going forward.

He said Mizzou still is weighing how many assistants will continue to work in Texas, where MU has mined a number of key recruits in Pinkel's tenure and which has supplied about three dozen current Tigers.

"We're kind of looking at that right now, in terms of (what is) the right thing to do?" he said.

Either way, Pinkel said he is conscious of the importance of immediately working to develop trust and relationships with high schools in the new territory and establishing Mizzou's presence in sites such as Atlanta and in Florida from public-relations and marketing standpoints.

"We've got quite a bit going on around here," he said, adding, "There's a transition process, no question about it."

Asked to what degree MU will take a broader look at the program's needs going forward, he said, "The foundation of who we are isn't going to change at all."

After winning 40 games the previous four seasons, MU has gone 7-5 with a team that Pinkel said Monday had had more injuries than at any time before in his career and now awaits its bowl assignment.

Pinkel said he couldn't even speculate in what bowl MU will end up, reflecting both the fact that six Big 12 teams still have games left and uncertainty over how the Big 12 will or won't lobby on Mizzou's behalf.

MU and the SEC have said Mizzou will be part of the SEC next year. As the Big 12 awaits assurance that West Virginia will be able to become a member next year, it's grappling with MU over that timetable and exit fees.

Bowser
11-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Nothing earth shattering, but I thought you guys might be interested in this:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/tiger-tracker/pinkel-finally-speaks-on-sec-move/article_c91d7352-19e3-11e1-ade6-001a4bcf6878.html

I bet those guys they sent are crying tears of joy to escape Iowa and Kansas.

Frazod
11-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Franklin and Palko must have watched the same game-tape over the weekend. And I'm guessing it was probably Gabbert's performance vs. Iowa that they watched.

I'm not as down on Franklin as most; he shows the tools about 1/2 the time. He's just inconsistent as hell and that's a pretty standard hallmark of a first-year starter. I think he keeps the job next year with ease and I think we end up pretty happy with his progress.

That said, his first half was freakin' horrific. That's as bad a 1/2 of football as I've seen from a quarterback in a long long time.

I'm sick of this half a QB shit. If he can't find his fucking groove until midway through the third quarter, he has no business playing. If his play doesn't improve dramatically, and if he doesn't actually START PLAYING FOOTBALL WHEN THE GAME STARTS, we're going to end up splattered like a bug on the SEC's windshield.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm sick of this half a QB shit. If he can't find his fucking groove until midway through the third quarter, he has no business playing. If his play doesn't improve dramatically, and if he doesn't actually START PLAYING FOOTBALL WHEN THE GAME STARTS, we're going to end up splattered like a bug on the SEC's windshield.

Very possible.

But why do we believe he's incapable of taking that step in his development?

The dude is a true sophomore and he just finished playing one of the toughest schedules in the nation. He's played some damn tough games this year and under some pretty difficult circumstances.

I agree that he needs to improve on his consistency ('improve dramatically' isn't quite fair; he needs to do the same thing he keeps doing in 30 minutes increments, he just needs to do it over 60), but I don't see anything to suggest that he can't.

Next season we'll have Berkstresser as a Redshirt frosh and Mauck ready in reserve if need be. We'll have a shitload of options at our disposal. If Franklin can't show some consistency next season, I believe we'll get a change at QB. Pinkel started working Daniel in during the end of the Brad Smith era, I have no reason to believe he wouldn't do the same with Franklin if Franklin can't improve.

DeezNutz
11-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Franklin does some inexplicable shit at times, and it's generally the result of him putting himself in extremely unathletic positions.

Stay athletic, stay successful, Franklin.

eazyb81
11-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm sick of this half a QB shit. If he can't find his ****ing groove until midway through the third quarter, he has no business playing. If his play doesn't improve dramatically, and if he doesn't actually START PLAYING FOOTBALL WHEN THE GAME STARTS, we're going to end up splattered like a bug on the SEC's windshield.

From Power Mizzou:

First year starting numbers of some of the best CFB QBs from this year (no first year starting Juniors considered):

RGIII....-2008 160/267 2091 yds (59.9) 7.83 YPA 15/3..TD/INT 142.0 RAT
Luck.....-2009 162/288 2575 yds (56.3) 8.94 YPA 13/4..TD/INT 143.5 RAT
L Jones -2009 261/449 3198 yds (58.1) 7.12 YPA 26/14.TD/INT 130.8 RAT
K Moore-2008 281/405 3486 yds (69.4) 8.61 YPA 25/10 TD/INT 157.1 RAT
Barkley -2009 211/352 2735 yds (59.9) 7.77 YPA 15/14 TD/INT 131.3 RAT
Keenum-2007 187/273 2259 yds (68.5) 8.28 YPA 14/10 TD/INT 147.6 RAT

Franklin.-2011 224/354 2740 yds (63.3) 7.74 YPA 20/10 TD/INT 141.3 RAT

This also doesn't include his 850+ rushing yards and 13 rushing TDs.

Franklin has laid two eggs this year (OSU and ku), but otherwise has been damn good for his first year as a starter.

|Zach|
11-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Franklin does some inexplicable shit at times, and it's generally the result of him putting himself in extremely unathletic positions.

Stay athletic, stay successful, Franklin.

I am just imagining someone saying this to him out loud. LMAO

DeezNutz
11-28-2011, 07:26 PM
I am just imagining someone saying this to him out loud. LMAO

If I were in a bar, I would probably ask him why he stands motionless and flat-footed so damn often. I'd pull off the question without starting a fight; it's all delivery.

Al Bundy
11-28-2011, 08:09 PM
PeteScantlebury Pete Scantlebury
Just confirmed two more visitors for #Mizzou's Dec. 9-11 weekend, and one of them is a BIG-TIME recruit. More at PowerMizzou.com.

KChiefs1
11-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Just confirmed two more visitors for #Mizzou's Dec. 9-11 weekend, and one of them is a BIG-TIME recruit. More at PowerMizzou.com.

Awesome news!

KcMizzou
11-29-2011, 08:58 PM
I didn't think there was really any question about this but...

Dave_Matter Dave Matter
#Mizzou fans can go back to panicking about uniform changes: Sheldon Richardson confirmed via Facebook he's coming back for 2012

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Of course he's coming back. He'd be lucky to get drafted right now, and if he plays to his potential he could shoot up the boards like Fairley did last year.

|Zach|
11-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Of course he's coming back. He'd be lucky to get drafted right now, and if he plays to his potential he could shoot up the boards like Fairley did last year.

Yea he did some flashes of good things but was simply a "solid" player IMO.

KcMizzou
11-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Of course he's coming back. He'd be lucky to get drafted right now, and if he plays to his potential he could shoot up the boards like Fairley did last year.He said as much in an article I read a few weeks back. Paraphrased, "I'd better come back, I haven't played well enough not to."

Saul Good
11-29-2011, 09:56 PM
He'd be a mid-round pick this year, third or fourth round.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2011, 09:58 PM
He and Vincent should hold down the fort in the middle pretty well next year, but with Jacquies leaving, the ends are really going to have to step up their play, which was probably the most disappointing part of the team this year. Ealy, Sam, and Madison all underperformed significantly.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2011, 10:00 PM
He'd be a mid-round pick this year, third or fourth round.

35 tackles and 1.5 sacks in one season of major college football, regardless of his recruiting pedigree, probably wouldn't push him that high in the draft.

Saul Good
11-29-2011, 10:20 PM
35 tackles and 1.5 sacks in one season of major college football, regardless of his recruiting pedigree, probably wouldn't push him that high in the draft.

Maybe, but you know that stats for a DT don't matter much. That said, I think he will be a guy who gets drafted more on measurables than production. If he didn't go until the sixth round, I'd be surprised but not stunned. Glad he's staying, either way.

Captain Obvious
11-29-2011, 11:33 PM
So who is the big time recruit visiting? DGB?

eazyb81
11-30-2011, 07:43 AM
He and Vincent should hold down the fort in the middle pretty well next year, but with Jacquies leaving, the ends are really going to have to step up their play, which was probably the most disappointing part of the team this year. Ealy, Sam, and Madison all underperformed significantly.

I expected a lot more out of Ealy after he got all the Aldon Smith Jr hype. He was probably my biggest disappointment this year.

DJ's left nut
11-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Likewise on Ealy. I have a couple of 'secondhand' sources that know guys on the coaching staff. They're not reliable sources of legitimate rumor (not reliable enough that I've ever posted it), but they're good sources of coaching impressions during the spring practices, etc...

I heard nothing but glowing reports on Ealy. People were even starting with the "Aldon Who?" kinda stuff.

He and Madison have been massive disappointments. At least with Madison, I expected it. Once tackles realized all you needed to do was wait for him to spin around and smack him in the shoulder blades, he was kinda done. He can be a Stryker Sulak type, but he just doesn't have the athleticism to dominate. Ealy, OTOH, really could be a star.

Gaines and Edwards made serious strides this year. The LBs took a step back, as did the safeties and the ends (eh, the safeties really just treadedd water; I expected mediocre and that's what I got). Hamilton made himself a TON of money, IMO and Richardson looked like a guy that can absolutely break out. There's a fair amount to like about this defense going into next season.

In fairness, apart from Yost, there's a fair amount to like about the offense as well. !@#$ing Yost.

But hey - GOOD NEWS! We haven't had a single recruit decommit today. Thought it's still pretty early...

eazyb81
11-30-2011, 04:51 PM
GabeDeArmond Gabe DeArmond
What I've heard re: potential #MIzzou schedule in SEC: Home against Kentucky, Vandy, UGA, A&M, roadies with S. Car, Florida, TENN, Ole Miss

DJ's left nut
11-30-2011, 04:55 PM
What I've heard re: potential #MIzzou schedule in SEC: Home against Kentucky, Vandy, UGA, A&M, roadies with S. Car, Florida, TENN, Ole Miss

Saw that.

To be honest, I think I'd be disappointed if we couldn't get at least 5 conference victories out of that and I'd really only be all that pleased with 6.

Split the UGA/A&M games at home, split the Florida/Tenn matchup on the road and if you can steal one against Spurriors boys, you have yourself a hell of a season on your hands.

These things never work out as you'd like, but that home/road breakdown looks fairly favorable for us.

Saul Good
11-30-2011, 04:57 PM

We have to go to the Swamp, Knoxville, the Grove, and South Carolina instead of Ames, Manhattan, Lubbock, and Waco? That sucks.

eazyb81
11-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Saw that.

To be honest, I think I'd be disappointed if we couldn't get at least 5 conference victories out of that and I'd really only be all that pleased with 6.

Split the UGA/A&M games at home, split the Florida/Tenn matchup on the road and if you can steal one against Spurriors boys, you have yourself a hell of a season on your hands.

These things never work out as you'd like, but that home/road breakdown looks fairly favorable for us.

9-3 seems like a reasonable goal for next season. I think we can contend for the East division.

kepp
11-30-2011, 04:58 PM
We have to go to the Swamp, Knoxville, the Grove, and South Carolina instead of Ames, Manhattan, Lubbock, and Waco? That sucks.

Yeah, what a bunch of dumps.

DJ's left nut
11-30-2011, 05:00 PM

I'll admit that I believe I'm one of the few that doesn't give a rip about going to Gainsville. It's like Lubbock with mud instead of dirt and alligators instead of Mexicans. Gainsville sucks pretty hard.

I damn sure want to get to Knoxville and the Grove, though. May try to get to South Carolina as well.

|Zach|
11-30-2011, 05:02 PM
I'll admit that I believe I'm one of the few that doesn't give a rip about going to Gainsville. It's like Lubbock with mud instead of dirt and alligators instead of Mexicans. Gainsville sucks pretty hard.

I damn sure want to get to Knoxville and the Grove, though. May try to get to South Carolina as well.

Me and a buddy...possibly my old man as well are going hit up that Ole Miss game. Hoping the date falls right for all of us.

Spott
11-30-2011, 06:38 PM
9-3 seems like a reasonable goal for next season. I think we can contend for the East division.

Haven't you heard, we can't compete in the SEC.

kchero
11-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Me and a buddy...possibly my old man as well are going hit up that Ole Miss game. Hoping the date falls right for all of us.

That is the game I was eyeing too. I've talked to some of my friends and we are dead set going to an away game next year so heading down to the Grove may be a perfect fit.

Reaper16
11-30-2011, 10:55 PM

That is the game I was eyeing too. I've talked to some of my friends and we are dead set going to an away game next year so heading down to the Grove may be a perfect fit.
Hell, Oxford is only 3 hours away from me. I might just join you guys.

|Zach|
11-30-2011, 10:58 PM

I will keep you in the loop as it all comes together.

kchero
11-30-2011, 11:12 PM
I will keep you in the loop as it all comes together.

Include me too if you are interested. I know that I would be down and it would be nice to have some fellow CP'ers at a tailgate.

kchero
11-30-2011, 11:14 PM

Where are you from? It looks like a healthy 9 hours from KC.

Reaper16
11-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Where are you from? It looks like a healthy 9 hours from KC.
I'm from KC, but I've been living in Tuscaloosa, AL since July of 2010. I can't wait to wear a Mizzou shirt inside of Bryant-Denny Stadium sometime in the near future.

kchero
11-30-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm from KC, but I've been living in Tuscaloosa, AL since July of 2010. I can't wait to wear a Mizzou shirt inside of Bryant-Denny Stadium sometime in the near future.

:clap: That would be awesome!

KChiefs1
11-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Mizzou vs Arkansas will be fun!

Saul Good
12-03-2011, 02:38 PM
If Baylor beats Texas, Mizzou will finish 5th in the Big XII. We will have lost to every team ahead of us and beat every team below us.

Mosbonian
12-03-2011, 08:38 PM

The flip side of that for me would be 2013....I will be 20 minutes from the UK-MU game and 2 hours from the Vandy-MU.

Honestly next year won't be so bad either....Knoxville is about 2.5 hours from me, Georgia about 5 hours and I have lots of friends in Columbia SC to stay with for the SC game.

Discuss Thrower
12-03-2011, 08:47 PM
If Baylor beats Texas, Mizzou will finish 5th in the Big XII. We will have lost to every team ahead of us and beat every team below us.

Parity FTW marthafockers

notorious
12-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Who do you guys think you will play and in which bowl?

mnchiefsguy
12-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Who do you guys think you will play and in which bowl?

Big XII will make sure Mizzou gets a crappy bowl bid...probably the pinstripe bowl in New York, which is supposed to go to the 7th bowl eligible team from the conference. I think the 5th conference spot is supposed to be the Insight Bowl? But I doubt Mizzou will get it, the Big XII will too busy pimping Texas.

O.city
12-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Mizzou to the Insight bowl

Playing Nebraska.

notorious
12-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Big XII will make sure Mizzou gets a crappy bowl bid...probably the pinstripe bowl in New York, which is supposed to go to the 7th bowl eligible team from the conference. I think the 5th conference spot is supposed to be the Insight Bowl? But I doubt Mizzou will get it, the Big XII will too busy pimping Texas.

Um, the Big 12 has nothing to do with who goes where except for the conference champ.

Playing Nebraska.

Sweet. Rip their fucking heads off.

KChiefs1
12-03-2011, 09:21 PM

Playing Nebraska.

Holiday Bowl vs California

Pitt Gorilla
12-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Big XII will make sure Mizzou gets a crappy bowl bid...probably the pinstripe bowl in New York, which is supposed to go to the 7th bowl eligible team from the conference. I think the 5th conference spot is supposed to be the Insight Bowl? But I doubt Mizzou will get it, the Big XII will too busy pimping Texas.Wouldn't that just prove Missouri's point?

Discuss Thrower
12-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Wouldn't that just prove Missouri's point?

Ballsack?

DeezNutz
12-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Um, the Big 12 has nothing to do with who goes where except for the conference champ.

What? Seriously?

notorious
12-03-2011, 10:25 PM
What? Seriously?

I don't ****ing know anymore, I'm mentally exhausted.

I know that they have a slotting system, but the Big 12 itself doesn't say,"We want Mizzou to go here, we want Iowa State to got there...etc".

It's based off how you finish in conference and what teams the bowls want, not the Conference's preference.

DeezNutz
12-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I don't ****ing know anymore, I'm mentally exhausted.

I know that they have a slotting system, but the Big 12 itself doesn't say,"We want Mizzou to go here, we want Iowa State to got there...etc".

It's based off how you finish in conference and what teams the bowls want, not the Conference's preference.

It's not hard slotting, though, and the conference doesn't insist on it. This is why KSU was fucked back in '98 and why Mizzou was fucked just a couple of years ago.

It's also why we'll see a mediocre Texas team go to a pretty decent bowl.

notorious
12-03-2011, 10:28 PM
It's not hard slotting, though, and the conference doesn't insist on it. This is why KSU was ****ed back in '98 and why Mizzou was ****ed just a couple of years ago.

Agree.

KChiefs1
12-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Holiday Bowl vs California

Dom Hamilton just tweeted it's the Holiday Bowl.

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 04:22 PM
It sure looks like the Holiday Bowl. ISU is going to the Pinstripe, and aTm is going to Meineke.

Going to the Holiday Bowl in a down year isn't bad at all.

Saulbadguy
12-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Texas to Holiday bowl.

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Well, so much for that. I guess it's our first SEC bowl, Compass.

Priest31kc
12-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Independence Bowl in Shreveport against Wake Forest December 26th...

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Independence Bowl in Shreveport against Wake Forest December 26th...

I think you've got the right state but the wrong team.

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm hearing that it will be either Wake, NC State, or UNC.

Infidel Goat
12-04-2011, 05:31 PM
I think you've got the right state but the wrong team.

Yeah. I think Wake Forest (Sun Bowl or Nashville) steps up in the food chain with Va. Tech getting the last BCS spot.

UNC should be in Shreveport.

Infidel Goat
12-04-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm hearing that it will be either Wake, NC State, or UNC.

State playing in Charlotte.

Priest31kc
12-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Blumberg says Confirmed Independence Bowl against North Carolina 4PM on ESPN 2.

Old Dog
12-04-2011, 05:39 PM
with Va. Tech getting the last BCS spot.

Where have you heard this? I haven't seen it anywhere.
I'm seeing Chick-fil-a for them

Infidel Goat
12-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Where have you heard this? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Sheridan saying VT instead of K-State in the Sugar vs Michigan fwiw again citing his "very high up the food chain" sources.

JoshHarris25 Joshua Harris
Jus had a team meeting.. )))))))))))) is all I can do..
(Josh Harris is a WF running back. That's his twitter feed--which seems to indicate we are NOT going to Shreveport.

jarrad21 Jarrad Garner
Sugar Bowl stuns all by taking Virginia Tech. Changes State's Music City Bowl opponent to Wake Forest...

BryanDFischer Bryan Fischer
Virginia Tech to Sugar, Virginia to Chick-Fil-A.

I'm on a Wake Forest board. They are my team.

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 05:51 PM
It's not hard slotting, though, and the conference doesn't insist on it. This is why KSU was fucked back in '98 and why Mizzou was fucked just a couple of years ago.

Doesn't the SEC slot and there is none of this stupid shenanigans that goes on?

kstater
12-04-2011, 05:54 PM

Yes, that's why Arkansas is going to the Cotton and not the Capital One.

Frazod
12-04-2011, 06:00 PM

Congratulations on taking over Mizzou's spot as quality non-Texas team that gets bowl-fucked every year. :thumb:

KChiefs1
12-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Kansas State is the new Mizzou!

Congrats!

eazyb81
12-04-2011, 06:05 PM
North Carolina is a solid name opponent. I'm fine with it.

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm watching the announcement on MUTigers.com

Nothing yet. I'm cool with whatever. If it isn't the national championship game, it's just a bowl.

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 06:08 PM

I guess I am missing something. Capital One is for the #2 SEC team and that is not Arkansas unless I am mistaken.

Saulbadguy
12-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Congratulations on taking over Mizzou's spot as quality non-Texas team that gets bowl-fucked every year. :thumb:

Hey now - we had it first.

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I guess I am missing something. Capital One is for the #2 SEC team and that is not Arkansas unless I am mistaken.

The SEC will have 2 teams in the BCS, so it goes to the #3 SEC team which is Arkansas.

KChiefs1
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Is it 7 or 8 straight years of bowls?

eazyb81
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM

No conference has strict slotting. That is a myth. But SEC and Big Ten have some great bowl tie ins so you rarely hear fans complain.

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Is it 7 or 8 straight years of bowls?

7 straight.

Announced that it's the Independence Bowl against an ACC team. They said that they can't reveal the opponent yet although it is known.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM

For the Capital One and Cotton the SEC normally works out a deal where the SEC West team will go to Dallas and the SEC East team will go to Orlando.

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 06:18 PM
The SEC will have 2 teams in the BCS, so it goes to the #3 SEC team which is Arkansas.

Thanks.

Infidel Goat
12-04-2011, 06:21 PM
7 straight.

Announced that it's the Independence Bowl against an ACC team. They said that they can't reveal the opponent yet although it is known.

Sounds almost certain the Wake Forest is playing in Nashville against Miss. St. which means UNC is left for Indy Bowl.

duncan_idaho
12-04-2011, 06:24 PM
With the way the BCS works now, can't a conference get a third BCS bid IF it places two teams in the BCS championship?

I guess there's an outside chance either Arkansas or Georgia makes a BCS bowl if that's the case.

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 06:27 PM
With the way the BCS works now, can't a conference get a third BCS bid IF it places two teams in the BCS championship?

I guess there's an outside chance either Arkansas or Georgia makes a BCS bowl if that's the case.

That is only if the conference champion is not one of the two teams in the championship game. Basically, it would have happened if Georgia would have beat LSU.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2011, 06:37 PM
If I am Mizzou I spend a little advertising in Shreveport pumping the SEC angle to buy tickets.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-04-2011, 06:45 PM
If I am Mizzou I spend a little advertising in Shreveport pumping the SEC angle to buy tickets.

ASFAIK teams are really responsible for selling tickets beyond their allotment, which is usually about a third or less of capacity, the remainder are speculative to the public.

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Tarheels it is. Let's kick their asses.

Infidel Goat
12-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Tarheels it is. Let's kick their asses.

You may call them the Tarholes. Please do, in fact.

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 07:50 PM
So Texas gets stomped, and they don't move down in the rankings. Mizzou doesn't play, but we get jumped by Auburn who also didn't play.

Mosbonian
12-04-2011, 07:54 PM
At least we will be playing in SEC country....might be nice if that got a mention by our new conference.

eazyb81
12-04-2011, 08:12 PM
So Texas gets stomped, and they don't move down in the rankings. Mizzou doesn't play, but we get jumped by Auburn who also didn't play.

To be fair, that is entirely due to the computers. We have more votes than texass in both human polls.

I guess the computers really love their wins over BYU and UCLA.

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Gary Pinkel on playing KU:

"Give me a reason why we wouldn't do it. Because you're mad? I think we've got to be a little bit more professional than that."

Bowser
12-04-2011, 08:25 PM

"Give me a reason why we wouldn't do it. Because you're mad? I think we've got to be a little bit more professional than that."

Heh. Get 'em, coach.

*patiently awaiting "He must be drunk to say something like that" blast from Beaktards*

Saul Good
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM
We get to listen to Craig James call our bowl game. Remember that prick laughing the last time Mizzou was in the Independence Bowl? Laugh it up, fucker.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TcamadQPxgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mizzou_8541
12-04-2011, 09:36 PM
What's Craig James' issue with Mizzou again?

|Zach|
12-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Watching Brad Smith run was such a joy.

Brad Smith and Priest Holmes. Man, watching those guys was awesome.

kchero
12-04-2011, 10:47 PM
We get to listen to Craig James call our bowl game. Remember that prick laughing the last time Mizzou was in the Independence Bowl? Laugh it up, ****er.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TcamadQPxgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great vid! It is nice to sit back every once in awhile and enjoy some of the success.

eazyb81
12-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Must-read interview with Pinkel on the SEC move.

One thing with the possibility of this league change that I discussed with the chancellor and with Mike Alden was, if we’re going to do this, I want to be significant in doing this. Ok? The league is different than the Big 12. The commitment is different overall than the Big 12. And if you’re going to make a move like this, we’re going to have to invest. That’s what I want. If you’re not going to invest, I don’t really want to be a part of it. That’s facilities, that’s recruiting budgets, that’s commitment it’s going to take to be a player in this league. I didn’t want to go and just say, “We’re in the Southeastern Conference. Let’s go try to win some games.” University of Missouri’s got an opportunity now. They’ve got a chance now to change Mizzou football forever. This is the shot. This is our shot. There’s a lot of great things historically that have happened here. But this is our shot. That’s what we’re going to try and do.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2011/dec/04/pinkel-on-sec-move-this-is-our-shot/

kchero
12-05-2011, 09:55 AM

http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2011/dec/04/pinkel-on-sec-move-this-is-our-shot/

Excellent interview. Thanks :thumb:

kchero
12-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Q: So much vitriol has been directed at Missouri since the SEC thing. We even heard the Kansas women’s golf coach messaged the MU women’s golf coach that the AD had told her you have to pull out of a spring tournament because we can’t compete against Missouri. How do you react to that?

A: First of all, we all have to be professional about this. That’s what I think we all have to do. I think as emotions calm, we’ll be like Georgia-Georgia Tech, who play in different leagues. I can go on and on with the different schools. To me, it’s a choice. It’s real simple. It’s a choice. Do you want this to continue? The University of Missouri does. Why would we not? Why would we not. If they choose not, then we won’t (play). But hopefully when things calm down that they understand we can keep these traditions going. It’s a great tradition. That is simply a matter of choice. Do you want to do it or do you not want to do it? There’s no reason on earth they can’t do it and there’s no reason on earth we can’t do it.

Very classy responses by Pinkel. Lots of good stuff in this interview.

epitome1170
12-05-2011, 10:17 AM

I thought this would be the same old interview and boring quotes, but actually enjoyed this read.

Thanks. :clap:

DJ's left nut
12-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Gary Pinkel had his "I'm Kieth Hernandez" moment right around the time Mizzou got boned in Bowl selection last year.

From that point forward, he's pretty much just said whatever he's thought in regards to damn near every question asked. Sometimes he's said it diplomatically, but there was never a question at all where he stood.

It's really been surprising to see Pinkel start getting more comfortable with throwing his weight around. Its a welcomed change, IMO.

KChiefs1
12-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Hypothetical Question: "IF" Mizzou was in the SEC this season, what bowl game would they be in?

My guess: Gator Bowl

O.city
12-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Anybody heading to Shreveport for the game?

KChiefs1
12-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Fedora is getting a lot of UNC buzz on twitter.

Saul Good
12-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Hypothetical Question: "IF" Mizzou was in the SEC this season, what bowl game would they be in?

My guess: Gator Bowl

NC game

crispystl
12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Watching Brad Smith run was such a joy.

Brad Smith and Priest Holmes. Man, watching those guys was awesome.

Yeah he is my favorite Missouri player of all time. It's easy to forget just how freaking good he was running with the ball.

Mizzou_8541
12-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Anybody heading to Shreveport for the game?

I hope to be. I'm hearing serveral conflicting reports on where to stay. Some are saying near the casinos, other near the stadium. Still others are saying don't stay in any of those places because it's all fairly dangerous/shitty.

Saul Good
12-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Mizzou is a 4 point favorite against UNC. Turner Gill should bet the buyout on MIZ.

Saul Good
12-08-2011, 08:28 PM
All Big XII

1st team
Josey
Egnew
Gaines
Hamilton

2nd team
Smith
Lambert
Barrow
Wuebbels

DJ's left nut
12-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Huh.

Tavon Bolden is back with the team and practicing. Matter says he's not going to the Bowl game, but will be welcomed back to the team and will be allowed to compete for the starting safety gig next spring.

Good for him and good for the program. I'm glad to see he didn't go all Tyler Gabbert and skip town. I'm also glad to see that the program gave him a year to keep his nose clean and is giving him his second chance at having a legitimate college career.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt matters that he's a hell of a prospect.

I'm hoping he makes a pretty good story of himself over the next couple of years.

DJ's left nut
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
So this move to the SEC?

Pretty smart.

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/sec-is-second-most-valuable-brand-in-football-after-the-nfl.php

My favorite part:

More importantly, the SEC eclipsed its top competition in prime viewing, ESPN/ABC's hand-selected Saturday night game that features the best game from the Big 12, the Pac 12, the Big East, the ACC, or the Big Ten, for the third consecutive year.

The SEC on CBS posted a 4.2/9 average against a 3.5/8 for ESPN/ABC.

Think about how shocking that is for a moment.

The best game that ABC could select from the rest of the country's top five conferences couldn't beat the SEC's game of the week.

Yeah...not a bad conference to be heading into.

tomahawk kid
12-09-2011, 01:29 PM
I hope to be. I'm hearing serveral conflicting reports on where to stay. Some are saying near the casinos, other near the stadium. Still others are saying don't stay in any of those places because it's all fairly dangerous/shitty.

DON'T stay near the stadium.

eazyb81
12-09-2011, 01:51 PM

Everyone I've talked to recommended staying in the casinos if you can. They say it is a lot of fun.

Pitt Gorilla
12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
So this move to the SEC?

Pretty smart.

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/sec-is-second-most-valuable-brand-in-football-after-the-nfl.php

My favorite part:

Yeah...not a bad conference to be heading into.That is insane. The SEC>>>>>>>Non-SEC and it's not really close.

Saul Good
12-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Mizzou: wipes its ass with $100 bills because of the SEC television contract

Kansas: wipes its ass with towels because it can't reach its asshole

Pitt Gorilla
12-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Hearing word that Boehm may have re-committed to MU tonight. Hope it's true!

rageeumr
12-11-2011, 07:11 AM
Hearing word that Boehm may have re-committed to MU tonight. Hope it's true!

@TJMoe28 T.J. Moe
Yooooo....@BIGboehmTHEORY has some great news #MIZZOU #TIGERS

Word.

kchero
12-11-2011, 08:37 AM
I don't know if this was posted but Mizzou got a verbal the other day.

http://www.bnd.com/2011/12/11/1975443/ofallons-stewart-commits-to-mizzou.html

.SPORTS - HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
Sunday, Dec. 11, 2011 0 Comments
O'Fallon's Stewart commits to Mizzou
BY NORM SANDERS - News-Democrat

PRINT
REPRINT OR LICENSE
TEXT SIZE:
While taking his official football recruiting trip to Missouri on Saturday, O'Fallon High's two-way standout Ka'Ra Stewart didn't keep the Tigers waiting for long.
Stewart gave Missouri a verbal commitment and plans to play safety.
"Everyone here is like one big family and that was really attractive," Stewart said by phone from the Columbia, Mo., campus. "Most other places I went, I didn't feel that bond, I didn't feel that energy. When I stepped on campus here, I definitely felt it."

Stewart (6-foot, 190 pounds) transferred to O'Fallon from Fork Union Military Academy in Virginia for his senior year. The Panthers used him at linebacker and running back, though he probably could have played three or four other positions.
Defensively, Stewart had 34 tackles, three sacks, four fumble recoveries and two interceptions. He also ran the ball 41 times for 428 yards and five touchdowns on offense.
"I know Mizzou was somewhere he felt comfortable with," O'Fallon coach Brandon Joggerst said. "He really bonded with the coaching staff and he'd been there on an unofficial visit, too. The switch to the Southeastern Conference was something that he as interested in, too."
Mizzou was also a good fit for Stewart academically.
"What really attracted me was the high graduation rate and they had my degree, which is pharmacy," Stewart said. "It's one big family -- and it felt like one big family. Mizzou actually took me as a safety but it didn't really matter, I was OK with defensive back or running back."
Stewart took an official visit to Minnesota last week. He was scheduled to travel to Iowa last week and also had heavy interest from Purdue, Indiana, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and many other schools.
"I think he wanted to make a decision before the holidays," Joggerst said. "Although the process is exciting at first, it can get a little tedious for some players. He felt comfortable with Missouri and everything they had to offer."
Joggerst only had Stewart for one season, but it didn't take longer than the first practice to see the kind of talent the senior possessed.
"He's just an electric type of athlete," Joggerst said. "We played him out of position all year at linebacker because it was sort of where we needed him. He never said one word, he came in and worked very hard.
"He's a game-changer. He's always around the ball."
O'Fallon High linebacker Mike Cotton committed to Indiana over the summer and star running back Ejay Johnson is scheduled to visit Bowling Green next week.

kepp
12-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Wait though...I've been hearing that our move to the SEC is going to kill recruiting.

Trevo_410
12-11-2011, 01:09 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kvMKFdUPG6A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CRdLwiIwO6E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gqk-Flkqcms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

last one hasn't committed yet, Pete believes however that he's coming here.

evenfall
12-11-2011, 01:45 PM
#Mizzou uni scoop: Was told uni's look "traditional", not like Oregon, OK State. Multiple helmets, one is the old traditional M with tweaks

DaKCMan AP
12-13-2011, 12:14 PM
You guys need to start stepping up your attendance numbers next year.

School - Accumulated % Capacity
Texas A&M - 105.04
Miss St - 101.57
Florida - 100.58
LSu - 100.51
Alabama - 100.00
Georgia - 99.86
South Carolina - 98.61
Auburn - 98.1
Arkansas - 93.04
Tennessee - 92.37
Missouri - 90.85
Ole Miss - 93.24
Kentucky - 88.76
Vanderbilt - 82.65

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2011/Internet/attendance/FBS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

SPATCH
12-13-2011, 12:20 PM
#Mizzou uni scoop: Was told uni's look "traditional", not like Oregon, OK State. Multiple helmets, one is the old traditional M with tweaks

Totally called it. FUCK YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHH

SPATCH
12-13-2011, 12:23 PM

DJ's left nut
12-14-2011, 10:43 AM
The SEC as muppets:

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2011/12/13/2633050/the-sec-as-muppets

Fairly amusing during a bit of a lull in the season...

eazyb81
12-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Safeties Coach Barry Odom is leaving to be the Defensive Coordinator at Memphis.

Nice promotion for Barry. He was a good coach and it will be tough to replace him.

I'm really hoping Pinkel goes out of his comfort zone and hires an outsider with Southeast recruiting contacts.

kstater
12-14-2011, 12:55 PM

Texas A&M - 105.04
Miss St - 101.57
Florida - 100.58
LSu - 100.51
Alabama - 100.00
Georgia - 99.86
South Carolina - 98.61
Auburn - 98.1
Arkansas - 93.04
Tennessee - 92.37
Missouri - 90.85
Ole Miss - 93.24
Kentucky - 88.76
Vanderbilt - 82.65

Those numbers aren't accurate for Mizzou. Something to do with deer taking up part of the stadium space.

DJ's left nut
12-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Those numbers aren't accurate for Mizzou. Something to do with deer taking up part of the stadium space.

Mizzou was 25th in the nation in attendance this season.

I can live with that.

mnchiefsguy
12-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Mizzou was 25th in the nation in attendance this season.

I can live with that.

Very respectable number. I wonder where KU wound up?

DJ's left nut
12-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Very respectable number. I wonder where KU wound up?

43rd and 57th for K-State and KU respectively.

I still can't figure out the fan smack from the Kansans.

mnchiefsguy
12-14-2011, 01:33 PM

Gotta admit, I am a little surprised by the KU number. Would not have ranked them that high. Those Groupon sales must have really taken off!

DJ's left nut
12-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Gotta admit, I am a little surprised by the KU number. Would not have ranked them that high. Those Groupon sales must have really taken off!

The folks that really should be embarrassed are Baylor fans. 2 spots behind KU and only 82% of capacity when they had a great season. They're not likely to see someone like RGIII down there ever again.

That kind of turnout for a Heisman season is just pathetic, especially when they won games against some of their biggest rivals.

If there's fan-smack to be thrown around, it should be directed at Waco, especially given the dearth of entertainment options they have around there.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2011, 01:55 PM
The folks that really should be embarrassed are Baylor fans. 2 spots behind KU and only 82% of capacity when they had a great season. They're not likely to see someone like RGIII down there ever again.

That kind of turnout for a Heisman season is just pathetic, especially when they won games against some of their biggest rivals.

If there's fan-smack to be thrown around, it should be directed at Waco, especially given the dearth of entertainment options they have around there.

Yeah, but a sizable portion of their fanbase has been ash for almost 20 years now.

duncan_idaho
12-14-2011, 09:50 PM

Texas A&M - 105.04
Miss St - 101.57
Florida - 100.58
LSu - 100.51
Alabama - 100.00
Georgia - 99.86
South Carolina - 98.61
Auburn - 98.1
Arkansas - 93.04
Tennessee - 92.37
Missouri - 90.85
Ole Miss - 93.24
Kentucky - 88.76
Vanderbilt - 82.65

Missouri hurts itself in a few ways when it comes to attendance reporting...

First, it counts 4k "hill/GA" seats as part of overall capacity, even though they're not actual seats.

Tigers would be in the 96 percent range if they only counted actual seats for capacity.

mnchiefsguy
12-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Missouri hurts itself in a few ways when it comes to attendance reporting...

First, it counts 4k "hill/GA" seats as part of overall capacity, even though they're not actual seats.

Tigers would be in the 96 percent range if they only counted actual seats for capacity.

If the Tigers counted the hill as standing room only and not part of capacity, how much closer to 100% would they be?

All in all, the stadium was full most of the year. I would expect the numbers to climb some next year given that there will be new conference opponents. Also, visiting schools from the SEC will probably buy more of their allotments as well. Didn't OSU and ISU both return a fairly large block of their allotted tickets at the last minute this season?

Bambi
12-15-2011, 01:23 PM

wow, pretty good for completely bottom-ing out on a season.

So, so many other D1 schools below that. Thanks for posting.

Frazod
12-15-2011, 01:28 PM

My ship is in five pieces on the ocean floor, but hey, it's got a lovely coat of fresh paint!

Saul Good
12-15-2011, 01:49 PM

For reference, KU was 55th in 2010. KSU was 43rd. That's out of something like 68 BCS schools.

Bowser
12-15-2011, 01:52 PM

"Wickedson, you're being executed for crimes against humanity today. Line up against that wall."

"Wow, look at those AR's! They look like they're straight off the factory line! And are you guys loading hollow points? Hollow points kick ass! And there's a dozen shooters! This is awesome!"

Saulbadguy
12-15-2011, 01:56 PM
I can't wait until you guys have to start dealing with Arkansas fans on a regular basis.

They make Wickedson look like a fucking genius.

Frazod
12-15-2011, 02:05 PM
I can't wait until you guys have to start dealing with Arkansas fans on a regular basis.

They make Wickedson look like a fucking genius.

Impossible. LMAO

Bambi
12-15-2011, 02:12 PM
My ship is in five pieces on the ocean floor, but hey, it's got a lovely coat of fresh paint!

For reference, KU was 55th in 2010. KSU was 43rd. That's out of something like 68 BCS schools.

"Wickedson, you're being executed for crimes against humanity today. Line up against that wall."

"Wow, look at those AR's! They look like they're straight off the factory line! And are you guys loading hollow points? Hollow points kick ass! And there's a dozen shooters! This is awesome!"

check, check, check

Pitt Gorilla
12-15-2011, 02:17 PM

They make Wickedson look like a ****ing genius.Unfortunately, that is correct.

DJ's left nut
12-15-2011, 02:51 PM
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2011/dec/15/tigers-embrace-value-of-video-under-haith/?tigerextra

Jesus, Anderson - what exactly did you do for 5 years?

Man am I glad that guy is gone...

Pitt Gorilla
12-15-2011, 02:57 PM
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2011/dec/15/tigers-embrace-value-of-video-under-haith/?tigerextra

Man am I glad that guy is gone...No kidding. That is crazy.

DJ's left nut
12-15-2011, 03:03 PM
No kidding. That is crazy.

I just can't get past this part:

Sportstec is the preferred video software of more than half the NBA franchises, Tibaldi said. Former MU Coach Quin Snyder purchased the program during his tenure, and the Tigers had several licenses that were going largely unused during Anderson’s five-year stay in Columbia.

Are you !@#$ing kidding me? We had an NBA caliber video review system that the staff probably didn't know the passwords for just gathering dust?

kepp
12-15-2011, 03:03 PM

Man am I glad that guy is gone...

http://mrsec.com/pics/mike-anderson-huh.jpg

|Zach|
12-18-2011, 08:49 PM
These are possibly a leaked picture of Mizzou's new helmets.

https://p.twimg.com/Ag_np8xCMAActav.jpg:large

|Zach|
12-18-2011, 08:57 PM
https://p.twimg.com/Ag_nuMQCQAAujA4.jpg:large

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Damn!

Those are sweeeeeeet!

SPATCH
12-18-2011, 09:42 PM
I like em. They kind of say "alternate helmet" to me, though.

Priest31kc
12-18-2011, 09:51 PM
If you see a new #Mizzou helmet leaking on Twitter, step back. It was designed by a guy on our site, based on information that's leaked.

KChiefs1
12-18-2011, 10:10 PM
I just can't get past this part:

Are you !@#$ing kidding me? We had an NBA caliber video review system that the staff probably didn't know the passwords for just gathering dust?

Anderson is a true dumbass!

KChiefs1
12-18-2011, 10:13 PM
These are possibly a leaked picture of Mizzou's new helmets.

https://p.twimg.com/Ag_np8xCMAActav.jpg:large

OMG!!!

Love it!

Frazod
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM
If those are accurate, that's pretty bad ass. I love the current helmets and was fully prepared to hate any change, but I like it. :thumb:

Bambi
12-19-2011, 12:33 AM

I doubt Charlie Weis has ever even heard of the university of missouri.

Bowser
12-19-2011, 12:46 AM

Nobody ever claimed Charlie was "smart". He DID take the KU job, after all. ;)

|Zach|
12-19-2011, 12:56 AM
If those are accurate, that's pretty bad ass. I love the current helmets and was fully prepared to hate any change, but I like it. :thumb:

My first reaction wasn't great. The more I look at them the more I come around. Pretty interesting. I like how symmetrical it is. I think Boise's pro combat helmets are crappy.

Discuss Thrower
12-19-2011, 01:02 AM
It's like fucking TopGun shit mang.

Or, if you're a cynical fuck: WFL Helmets.

beer bacon
12-19-2011, 01:31 AM

That would be KU smart to hire a genious that doesn't know about the University of Missouri.

eazyb81
12-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Starting to hear talk you could see #Alabama in Columbia when #Mizzou and #SEC schedule is released this week. Will be interesting to see.

Saul Good
12-19-2011, 09:54 AM

Maybe he hadn't heard of ku, either. That would explain why he was the only guy willing to accept their offer.

Saul Good
12-19-2011, 10:46 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/cru66/mizzou_pro-combat_helmets-black_w-front-example-1.jpg

Saul Good
12-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Aldon Smith and Justin Smith are taking over the Steelers game.

Pitt Gorilla
12-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Starting to hear talk you could see #Alabama in Columbia when #Mizzou and #SEC schedule is released this week. Will be interesting to see.Want.

KChiefs1
12-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Gruden is having a verbal orgasm over Aldon & Justin Smith!

KChiefs1
12-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Starting to hear talk you could see #Alabama in Columbia when #Mizzou and #SEC schedule is released this week. Will be interesting to see.

SWEET!!!!!!!

Saul Good
12-19-2011, 11:02 PM
So Aldon Smith has 11 sacks tonight, right?

Pitt Gorilla
12-19-2011, 11:09 PM
13 sacks this season? Mizzou representin'.

Saul Good
12-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Smith gets another one and breaks the 49ers record for sacks by a rookie. Dude's making a push for DROTY.

KcMizzou
12-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Gruden : Aldon Smith is going to the Hall of Fame if this game goes on much longer.

LMAO

KChiefs1
12-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Think Gruden loves him some Aldon Smith????

Spott
12-19-2011, 11:18 PM

Just shut up moron. You're a complete fucking idiot and every time you open your mouth it just makes you look more pathetic.

KChiefs1
12-19-2011, 11:26 PM

Coming from a guy with the shittiest athletic program in America. Is KU good at any sport????

Sure-Oz
12-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Gruden : Aldon Smith is going to the Hall of Fame if this game goes on much longer.

LMAO

LMAO

KcMizzou
12-19-2011, 11:37 PM
What's going on at OU? Sounds like players are leaving left and right.

beer bacon
12-20-2011, 12:34 AM
What's going on at OU? Sounds like players are leaving left and right.

Just making room for the Reign of Neal.

Bambi
12-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Just shut up moron. You're a complete ****ing idiot and every time you open your mouth it just makes you look more pathetic.

I think Gary Pinkel would like to be a little more professional.

Saul Good
12-20-2011, 12:21 PM
I think Gary Pinkel would like to be a little more professional.

If its obsession when a Mizzou fan posts in a KU thread, what is it when a KU fan posts in a Mizzou thread?

Bambi
12-20-2011, 12:27 PM
If its obsession when a Mizzou fan posts in a KU thread, what is it when a KU fan posts in a Mizzou thread?

This thread was started in April of 2011 and I've posted in it a total of 19 times.

The KU Football thread for 2012 was started like a month ago and you have posted in it 147 times.

Saul Good
12-20-2011, 12:34 PM
This thread was started in April of 2011 and I've posted in it a total of 19 times.

The KU Football thread for 2012 was started like a month ago and you have posted in it 147 times.

What about the other Mizzou threads. I'm willing to bet a smaller percentage of my posts are about KU than yours are about Mizzou.

Bambi
12-20-2011, 12:43 PM
What about the other Mizzou threads. I'm willing to bet a smaller percentage of my posts are about KU than yours are about Mizzou.

lol, I seriously doubt it weirdo

DJ's left nut
12-20-2011, 12:47 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/cru66/mizzou_pro-combat_helmets-black_w-front-example-1.jpg

Hate.

Seriously, seriously, hate.

I'm not a traditionalist really, but those things are just gaudy and stupid looking.

Pants
12-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Hate.

Seriously, seriously, hate.

I'm not a traditionalist really, but those things are just gaudy and stupid looking.

I like them. They remind me of the Aztec jaguar warriors.

DJ's left nut
12-20-2011, 12:51 PM
I like them. They remind me of the Aztec jaguar warriors.

They remind me of helmets I would expect to see in the Lingerie Football League.

Saul Good
12-20-2011, 12:52 PM
lol, I seriously doubt it weirdo

Okay. Well, keep pretending that KU fans don't care about Mizzou. Meanwhile, Mizzou will keep offering to play KU.

Mizzou fans aren't pretending not to care. We like watching you get your asses kicked. This year has been hilarious in that regard. You're the worst BCS team in football, and your basketball team is only mediocre. Meanwhile, Mizzou keeps ripping off 40 point wins.

Bambi
12-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Okay. Well, keep pretending that KU fans don't care about Mizzou. Meanwhile, Mizzou will keep offering to play KU.

Mizzou fans aren't pretending not to care. We like watching you get your asses kicked. This year has been hilarious in that regard. You're the worst BCS team in football, and your basketball team is only mediocre. Meanwhile, Mizzou keeps ripping off 40 point wins.

Yep. You are the Buffalo Bills of college football.

Congrats.

I'll take the bad years when I know my school will come around to find the great. They always have.

That is what makes us different. And that's okay.

eazyb81
12-20-2011, 01:16 PM

Congrats.

I'll take the bad years when I know my school will come around to find the great. They always have.

Outside of 2007, when were the great years ku has supposedly always had?

You have never finished ahead of Mizzou in the Big 12. NEVER. LMAO

How hilarious is it that we continue to stomp you in football, but now we're better at basketball too?

As you say, basketball is just a hobby for us yet we're undefeated and ranked in the top ten.

ku is literally better at nothing than Mizzou right now.

DJ's left nut
12-20-2011, 01:18 PM

How hilarious is it that we continue to stomp you in football, but now we're better at basketball too?

As you say, basketball is just a hobby for us yet we're undefeated and ranked in the top ten.

They're clearly better at apathy, or something.

Remember - they don't care about us.

With any luck, we can keep it that way.

Frazod
12-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Congrats.

We pee standing up. That makes us different, too.

Messier
12-20-2011, 01:35 PM

KU was undefeated after two weeks in football last year. I'm not saying MU basketball=KU football, I would insult MU basketball that much. I'm saying it's a long season, and MU hasn't exactly played a murders row so far. They've played some good teams no elite teams, but a few good ones. If the schedules had been reversed I think MU would have one or two loses right now.

I think MU is better in basketball this year than KU. They've got a good team. KU is fielding the worst team of the Self era. I do think KU will be better in Feb than they are now, it's kind of what Self does, but I think MU might win the big 12 this year.

Bambi
12-20-2011, 01:39 PM

Continue to stomp?

The series is a virtual tie and mu won the last game 24-10 after trailing at halftime against the worst coach ever hired by Kansas.

MU is a basketball school. It's not your hobby. I've said that since I started posting here.

Nothing wrong with that.

Pants
12-20-2011, 01:39 PM
KU was undefeated after two weeks in football last year. I'm not saying MU basketball=KU football, I would insult MU basketball that much. I'm saying it's a long season, and MU hasn't exactly played a murders row so far. They've played some good teams no elite teams, but a few good ones. If the schedules had been reversed I think MU would have one or two loses right now.

I think MU is better in basketball this year than KU. They've got a good team. KU is fielding the worst team of the Self era. I do think KU will be better in Feb than they are now, it's kind of what Self does, but I think MU might win the big 12 this year.

What "good" teams has MU played? They're like in bottom 10 in the country in terms of SOS. Notre Dame fucking blows this year and Villanova got pounded by St. Joseph a few days ago.

Bowser
12-20-2011, 01:43 PM
All in favor of changing his name to Wickedtroll?

Bambi
12-20-2011, 01:44 PM

Gary Pinkel wants to talk shit, not me.

DJ's left nut
What "good" teams has MU played? They're like in bottom 10 in the country in terms of SOS. Notre Dame fucking blows this year and Villanova got pounded by St. Joseph a few days ago.

Hey Pants - want to go get Stewie and Fritz for me or will you just go into the KU thread and let them know that all you Beakers that are whining about being stalked are universally full of shit?

Thanks, that'd be great.

Messier
What "good" teams has MU played? They're like in bottom 10 in the country in terms of SOS. Notre Dame ****ing blows this year and Villanova got pounded by St. Joseph a few days ago.

I was trying to be democratic.

Bowser
12-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Gary Pinkel wants to talk shit, not me.

Your school looks like a weeping vag not scheduling Mizzou. Pinkel's not wrong.

Bambi
12-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Hey Pants - want to go get Stewie and Fritz for me or will you just go into the KU thread and let them know that all you Beakers that are whining about being stalked are universally full of shit?

Thanks, that'd be great.

It's easy. Stop mentioning Kansas.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8170490&postcount=1361

Bambi
12-20-2011, 01:46 PM

That's your opinion.

I respect it.

However many disagree with you.

It is what it is.

Pitt Gorilla
12-20-2011, 01:48 PM
That's your opinion.

I respect it.

It is what it is.I'd say that most don't disagree. Outside the state of kansas, it simply looks like butthurt.

Frazod
12-20-2011, 01:49 PM

No need. Everybody knows what he is.

eazyb81
12-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Continue to stomp?

The series is a virtual tie and mu won the last game 24-10 after trailing at halftime against the worst coach ever hired by Kansas.

MU is a basketball school. It's not your hobby. I've said that since I started posting here.

Nothing wrong with that.

Yes, continue to stomp. We own you here in the present which is what really matters to all of us.

We're clearly better than you at football, the premier college sport, but that isn't anything to brag about since you have the shittiest program in the country.

But we are also better in basketball now too, which is hilarious since you guys put all of your self worth in a secondary sport. Too funny! LMAO

DJ's left nut
12-20-2011, 01:53 PM
It's easy. Stop mentioning Kansas.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8170490&postcount=1361

Oh I'd imagine you'll vanish out of the collective conscious soon enough, seeing as how you fellas are gonna tuck tail and bail on us.

Saul's right - the difference in the fanbases is not their degree of 'give a shit', it's that we're honest about ours.

Say you don't care all you want, but you're absolutely full of shit. I want Kansas to lose every game in every sport, up to and including intramural handball. I have no problem admitting that. I can't stand your program, your fans or that smoking pile of hippy rubbish in Lawrence as a whole. I want nothing but horrid things to befall them all.

Lie all you want - but it would bother you folks if Mizzou took the Conference championship on the way out the door. It will definitely bother you folks if Mizzou is capable of accomplishing anything or even holding serve where they are now in the SEC.

Mizzou fans are capable of being honest about it. We want to keep playing KU because the rivalry has been a great one; hell an historic one. And yeah, we want to keep seeing KU fail because frankly, I personally loathe Jayhawks fans. Leaving the conference doesn't make you any more palatable to me than Yankees fans or Al Qaeda.

But that's okay. Keep on saying you don't care. Keep on saying that we destroyed the rivalry when you're the ones that refuse to carry it on. Keep on grousing about being stalked when you just can't help but run your mouths in our threads as well.

It's okay - the folks that are honest with themselves see your pathetic little machinations for what they are - the petty ramblings of a troll that's lost the battle. Have fun picking up scraps in the IIX; the gap between these two programs is only going to widen.

Bambi
I'd say that most don't disagree. Outside the state of kansas, it simply looks like butthurt.

I haven't lived in Kansas in years. I know lots of UT grads, USC grads, etc...basically many people who follow college football very closely.

They all agree that if a school is going to run away from their rival then there is no need for the rival to pursue.

One school made a choice. And the choice was clear.

Messier

In football, why would KU want to add MU as a non-con? A game they'd probably lose. In basketball it's mainly a sour grapes money issue. Not wanting to help out MU with what would be a lot of Kansas dollars.

Bowser
12-20-2011, 01:54 PM
That's your opinion.

I respect it.

It is what it is.

I respect your opinion to not publicly agree with that statement, even though you and every other KU fan know that you really do want the series to continue.

Bambi
12-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Yes, continue to stomp. We own you here in the present which is what really matters to all of us.

We're clearly better than you at football, the premier college sport, but that isn't anything to brag about since you have the shittiest program in the country.

But we are also better in basketball now too, which is hilarious since you guys put all of your self worth in a secondary sport. Too funny! LMAO

Maybe.

Most people I talk to remember mu losing to Navy and Iowa recently.

But yes, "recently" that has been better than Kansas.

Bowser
12-20-2011, 01:56 PM
In football, why would KU want to add MU as a non-con? A game they'd probably lose. In basketball it's mainly a sour grapes money issue. Not wanting to help out MU with what would be a lot of Kansas dollars.

You never know what's going to happen during a football game. No need to be scared of it, especially with Charlie looking to prove himself.

And don't fool yourself. KU would make out just as well as MU in any sporting evernt.

eazyb81
12-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Maybe.

Most people I talk to remember mu losing to Navy and Iowa recently.

But yes, "recently" that has been better than Kansas.

Ku would throw a parade if you lost on a last second INT to Iowa.

Instead you lose close games to North Dakota State.

And now your basketball team loses close games to Davidson.

Messier
12-20-2011, 01:58 PM
You never know what's going to happen during a football game. No need to be scared of it, especially with Charlie looking to prove himself.

And don't fool yourself. KU would make out just as well as MU in any sporting evernt.

Right, but KU doesn't want to play a game that would help MU.

DJ's left nut
12-20-2011, 01:59 PM

So....butthurt?

Bambi
12-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Oh I'd imagine you'll vanish out of the collective conscious soon enough, seeing as how you fellas are gonna tuck tail and bail on us.

Saul's right - the difference in the fanbases is not their degree of 'give a shit', it's that we're honest about ours.

Say you don't care all you want, but you're absolutely full of shit. I want Kansas to lose every game in every sport, up to and including intramural handball. I have no problem admitting that. I can't stand your program, your fans or that smoking pile of hippy rubbish in Lawrence as a whole. I want nothing but horrid things to befall them all.

Lie all you want - but it would bother you folks if Mizzou took the Conference championship on the way out the door. It will definitely bother you folks if Mizzou is capable of accomplishing anything or even holding serve where they are now in the SEC.

Mizzou fans are capable of being honest about it. We want to keep playing KU because the rivalry has been a great one; hell an historic one. And yeah, we want to keep seeing KU fail because frankly, I personally loathe Jayhawks fans. Leaving the conference doesn't make you any more palatable to me than Yankees fans or Al Qaeda.

But that's okay. Keep on saying you don't care. Keep on saying that we destroyed the rivalry when you're the ones that refuse to carry it on. Keep on grousing about being stalked when you just can't help but run your mouths in our threads as well.

It's okay - the folks that are honest with themselves see your pathetic little machinations for what they are - the petty ramblings of a troll that's lost the battle. Have fun picking up scraps in the IIX; the gap between these two programs is only going to widen.

gap?

I suggest you go visit the two schools respective halls of achievements.

That's what you call a fucking gap.

As far as leaving the conference; think whatever you want to think. It's fine with me. The only way a true rivalry survives is when it is built on mutual respect, honor and loyalty.

When one decides to up and leave the other simply because they aren't at the level of success they believe they should be as opposed to fighting to win and achieve then all bets are off. You are free butterfly. Free to journey your way through the bowels of the American South. Free to compete with your new brothers, in whatever light they may view you. Forget about us, as we have forgotten about you. The rivalry is no more. That is a choice. That is a choice that can no longer be honorably made by the University of Kansas.

eazyb81
12-20-2011, 02:01 PM

Yes, we know. You're willing to cut off your nose to spite your face.

And that is why we are laughing at your pathetic and insecure fanbase.

-King-
12-20-2011, 02:04 PM
KU is likely to lose to a high school JV team so that's a BS argument.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
12-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Ku would throw a parade if you lost on a last second INT to Iowa.

Instead you lose close games to North Dakota State.

And now your basketball team loses close games to Davidson.

I didn't realize KU lost to Davidson last night. I guess that explains why Wickedson's vag is gaping a bit more than normal today.

BTW, who the fuck is Davidson?

Bambi
12-20-2011, 02:05 PM

Kansas doesn't have the conference's 2nd largest endowment because of the MU games.

I don't think anyone's worried about KU's future.

Like has been said many times before. There is a much more accomplished rival waiting to the West.

DJ's left nut
12-20-2011, 02:05 PM
gap?

As far as leaving the conference; think whatever you want to think. It's fine with me. The only way a true rivalry survives is when it is built on mutual respect, honor and loyalty.

When one decides to up and leave the other simply because they aren't at the level of success they believe they should be as opposed to fighting to win and achieve then all bets are off. You are free butterfly. Free to journey your way through the bowels of the American South. Free to compete with your new brothers, in whatever light they may view you. Forget about us, as we have forgotten about you. The rivalry is no more. That is a choice. That is a choice that can no longer be honorably made by the University of Kansas.

And that's why you're in here poking around, eh?

Sure, you've forgotten about us alright.

Like I said - I'll never get tired of watching bandwagon assclowns like you lose. I look forward to the day you fellas misfire on a coaching hire and fall into the abyss of college athletics altogether.

You'll probably just start calling yourselves a rowing school or something.

Enjoy your scraps and your self-pity, Beakers. Every single one of you knows you'd switch places with Mizzou in a heartbeat right now.

DJ's left nut
12-20-2011, 02:07 PM
I didn't realize KU lost to Davidson last night. I guess that explains why Wickedson's vag is gaping a bit more than normal today.

BTW, who the fuck is Davidson?

They're the powerhouse school that KU fans so often refer to when you point out that they made it to a Final 4 without beating anyone higher than a 9 seed.

"Oh yeah, well Davidson was freakin' good that year; way better than your average 10 seed"

Pants
12-20-2011, 02:10 PM

Thanks, that'd be great.

Yeah, my bad, I'll take my 2 posts out of 1500 (3, now I guess) and go home. LMAO

Sorry for stalking you guys.

eazyb81
12-20-2011, 02:10 PM

Like I said - I'll never get tired of watching bandwagon assclowns like you lose. I look forward to the day you fellas misfire on a coaching hire and fall into the abyss of college athletics altogether.

Or eventually end up in a mid-major conference.

Davidson, Bradley, Northern Iowa, and Bucknell are licking their chops.

Messier
12-20-2011, 02:15 PM

Let's face it all fans are insecure, you take pleasure in KU failures, that comes from insecurity.

Saul Good
12-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Free to compete with your new brothers, in whatever light they may view you. Forget about us, as we have forgotten about you.

Any time you want to let us know yet again that you have forgotten about us, just let us know in a Mizzou thread like always.

Frazod
12-20-2011, 02:16 PM
They're the powerhouse school that KU fans so often refer to when you point out that they made it to a Final 4 without beating anyone higher than a 9 seed.

"Oh yeah, well Davidson was freakin' good that year; way better than your average 10 seed"

I had just never heard of them before. Actually looked them up. Davidson is apparently a college in North Carolina. I guess they've got a football team and everything. Play in something called the Pioneer League, which I also never heard of. Sounds like a real athletic juggernaut.

But I'm sure KU played them tough. :thumb:

Trevo_410
12-20-2011, 02:18 PM
LMAOAny time you want to let us know yet again that you have forgotten about us, just let us know in a Mizzou thread like always.

LMAO

mnchiefsguy
12-20-2011, 02:19 PM
gap?

Conference affiliation is not necessary to create or maintain a rivalry. Many, many of the great rivalries in college sports involve teams from different conferences. Only in the states of Texas and Kansas is conference affiliation necessary. Since KU is Texas' bitch, I expect them to tow the line and not schedule Mizzou, since that is the message Texas wants to send to both A & M and Mizzou.

KU's athletic program is a bunch of cowards. Mizzou stands ready to play whenever KU would like.

Mizzou left the conference because it was right for Mizzou, it had nothing to do with hurting KU. Your whole post is idiotic at best.

Pitt Gorilla
12-20-2011, 02:23 PM
SEC Tournament to KC?

Also, Alabama to play in Missouri SOON?

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1308305

HURT: Expansion brings new markets
Cecil Hurt
TideSports.com Editor

As the interminable wait for the BCS championship game nears a more-manageable three-week countdown, there has been a window of opportunity to do a few different things - including the new territory that has been annexed into the Southeastern Conference.

Fortuitously, the University of Alabama basketball team was in Kansas City on Saturday (although not playing one of their future SEC brethren), which created a golden opportunity to look at the new western border of the league.

Technically, one could argue SEC territory stretches all the west to El Paso now (although I am not sure how strong the Aggie sentiment is in that community.) It's more instructive to consider the league's new territory as extending to a line down from Kansas City, through Fayetteville and into the Dallas and Houston megalopolises (or is it megalopoli?).

Those (and St. Louis) are the vaunted "new television" markets. Whether Kansas City is Missouri Tiger territory is another question - Kansas is far closer and there is a pervasive Jayhawk feel, or it seemed so to me.

Without belaboring points that have already been made about the cultural ties between this area and the South - yes, there are a lot of good barbecue places here - it is clear Kansas City is a sports town. The Chiefs are the clear heroes here, even in a dismal coach-fired year.

The most recognizable Alabama football names, perhaps even ahead of Nick Saban, are Javy Arenas and Wallace Gilberry. There's another Alabama link.

The big mural downtown at the Sprint Center is sports-related and features the legendary pitcher of the Kansas City Monarchs, Satchel Paige (from, you guessed it, Mobile, Alabama.) The point isn't to find every minuscule thread that leads back to Alabama. It's just to note Kansas City - and perhaps most of Missouri, outside of St. Louis - has proven college sports interest and should be fertile ground for the SEC.

Alabama football fans may get a chance to test that, more quickly than expected. Nothing official has been released concerning the expansion-altered SEC football schedule for 2012, but it would not surprise me if Alabama's first visit to Missouri comes sooner rather than later. It could come much sooner. Much, much sooner. Take that in the spirit of a Christmas hint.

There is also a solid chance the SEC basketball tournament will be coming to Kansas City in a few years - Missouri certainly wants it to be played in the Sprint Center - and that wouldn't be terrible.

The arena is the hub of the Power & Light district downtown and it would be roughly similar to having the tournament in Nashville. The difference, of course, is it wouldn't be centrally located, and the crowd would be primarily Kentucky fans, sprinkled with Arkansas and Missouri. Face it, if the SEC Tournament were held in Anchorage, it would be "primarily Kentucky fans."

Certainly, expansion has its pros and cons, and it will be hotly debated again as soon as the new 2012 football schedule comes out. After all, you can't please everyone. But Texas A&M and Missouri are fine schools, and if growth was inevitable - and perhaps it was - there are certainly worse places to grow.

Cecil Hurt is sports editor of The Tuscaloosa News. Reach Cecil Hurt at cecil.hurt@tuscaloosanews.com or 205-722-0225.

Bambi
12-20-2011, 02:26 PM

You'll probably just start calling yourselves a rowing school or something.

Enjoy your scraps and your self-pity, Beakers. Every single one of you knows you'd switch places with Mizzou in a heartbeat right now.

I'm only here because of saul posting Pinkel's quote.

Do I have to link it again?

Bambi
12-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Conference affiliation is not necessary to create or maintain a rivalry. Many, many of the great rivalries in college sports involve teams from different conferences. Only in the states of Texas and Kansas is conference affiliation necessary. Since KU is Texas' bitch, I expect them to tow the line and not schedule Mizzou, since that is the message Texas wants to send to both A & M and Mizzou.

KU's athletic program is a bunch of cowards. Mizzou stands ready to play whenever KU would like.

Mizzou left the conference because it was right for Mizzou, it had nothing to do with hurting KU. Your whole post is idiotic at best.

So the University of Texas athletic program is a bunch of cowards?

You get more intelligent with every post. Let me tell ya

Bambi
12-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Any time you want to let us know yet again that you have forgotten about us, just let us know in a Mizzou thread like always.

2011 KU Football Thread #1 Poster: Saul Good with 166 posts

2012 KU Football Thread #1 Poster: Saul Good with 147 posts

You're welcome weirdo