View Full Version : MU ****Official 2014 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Rams Fan
11-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Hogville is melting down.

NewChief
11-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Hogville is melting down.

I won't be able to go there and read those idiots for the next two weeks.

TribalElder
11-28-2014, 05:24 PM
LMAO rivalry off to a good start

There will be some leftover hate for sure

Rams Fan
11-28-2014, 05:25 PM

Skimming there after Anderson was hired, when Mizzou came to the SEC, they completely gave Mizzou 0 respect.

They're bitching about the fumble.

TribalElder
11-28-2014, 05:28 PM
The announcer is still hating soooo hard ROFL

Hamwallet
11-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Arkansas is going to be ranked for the next few years atleast of they keep this up. They have one hell of a defense.

NewChief
11-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Skimming there after Anderson was hired, when Mizzou came to the SEC, they completely gave Mizzou 0 respect.

They're bitching about the fumble.

There are some serious idiots there. I hang on the Secrant way more.

Eleazar
11-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Well Hamas, looks like Pinkel won't be getting fired again this year...

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 05:34 PM
They literally can't be worse than panty waiste Mizzou Fan. :shake:

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 05:35 PM

And I doubt printz will be starting the title game.

GoHuge
11-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Congrats Mizzou fans. Regardless of what anyone says you won the games you were supposed to.....Georgia lost to shitty teams too....they just happened to be in the SEC.

Reaper16
11-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Bert should have gone to the backup QB on that last drive. Couldn't have been worse.

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Didn't someone claim that Arky was much more physical than Mizzou? LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 05:48 PM
Perpetually complaining about Pinkel/coaching (and wanting him fired). Whining about Mauk (when he's not absolutely perfect). Claiming the game is over before the 4th quarter. WTF is wrong with Mizzou Fan?

NewChief
11-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Didn't someone claim that Arky was much more physical than Mizzou? LMAO

We were in the first half. Horrible offensive play calling and execution in second half left our defense gassed. Arkansas has almost no depth yet.

NewChief
11-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Perpetually complaining about Pinkel/coaching (and wanting him fired). Whining about Mauk (when he's not absolutely perfect). Claiming the game is over before the 4th quarter. WTF is wrong with Mizzou Fan?

They were also ready to lynch their kicker last week. He won the game for them.

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 05:52 PM
They were also ready to lynch their kicker last week. He won the game for them.Mizzou Fans often can't see past their noses.

CoMoChief
11-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Surprised they were able to pull off that win as bad as they played for 3 qtrs

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Surprised they were able to pull off that win as bad as they played for 3 qtrsDefense played well all day.

Valiant
11-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Congrats mizzou and its fans on another east crown. Now win the division championship.

petegz28
11-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Defense played well all day.

defense did not play well in the 1st half of the game

Reerun_KC
11-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Thia thread is priceless. You guys are a riot.

Sully
11-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Way to underplay how terrible Mauk has been.

Al Bundy
11-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Good job, MU

Mosbonian
11-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Mizzou Fans often can't see past their noses.

Don't be silly.....don't act like we didn't play poorly on several occasions this year. We barely escaped at South Carolina, we lost AT HOME to a pathetic Indiana team, had our heads handed to us by Georgia.....we didn't exactly blow out Kentucky or Vanderbilt two of the worst teams in the whole SEC.

I am happy we won the East but it wasn't by any means a dominant performance.

Eleazar
11-28-2014, 06:16 PM

Do you feel like Mauk is ever going to take us to the promised land?

Eleazar
11-28-2014, 06:18 PM

Sure, if you want to look at one game versus his career, you'd think Baggett was being hated unjustly.

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Don't be silly.....don't act like we didn't play poorly on several occasions this year. We barely escaped at South Carolina, we lost AT HOME to a pathetic Indiana team, had our heads handed to us by Georgia.....we didn't exactly blow out Kentucky or Vanderbilt two of the worst teams in the whole SEC.

I am happy we won the East but it wasn't by any means a dominant performance.Nobody said that we were dominant or that we should expect to be; this is big boy football and the teams we play are going to have good scholarship players. Mizzou, though, with their backs against the wall, continues to win. In the end, that's what matters.

I'll never understand the fan that claims a game is "over" in the first half.

Eleazar
11-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Anyone who thinks a Missouri game is over in the first half, winning or losing, needs their head examined.

Discuss Thrower
11-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Anyone who thinks a Missouri game is over in the first half, winning or losing, needs their head examined.
The fact they weren't down 21 to 0 going into the ocher room meant there was a chance. And I'm not talking a Lloyd Christmas mackin on Lauren Holly chance.

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Wasn't some hog fan claiming they'd win by 11? LMAO

Mosbonian
11-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Nobody said that we were dominant or that we should expect to be; this is big boy football and the teams we play are going to have good scholarship players. Mizzou, though, with their backs against the wall, continues to win. In the end, that's what matters.

Even in big boy ball there are teams you dominate.

Don't get me wrong....I am happy we won back to back East banners. But save for that loss to Indiana we would be talking about Mizzou being a Top Ten team.

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 06:55 PM
Even in big boy ball there are teams you dominate.

Don't get me wrong....I am happy we won back to back East banners. But save for that loss to Indiana we would be talking about Mizzou being a Top Ten team.And it would be the same team.

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 06:58 PM
Wow, Arky fans are bitches. Hogville is pretty hilarious.

KChiefs1
11-28-2014, 07:08 PM
LMAO rivalry off to a good start

There will be some leftover hate for sure

Yes there will be. TJ Carpenter will be fun this week.

KChiefs1
11-28-2014, 07:09 PM

There's always next year.

Bearcat
11-28-2014, 07:11 PM
Nobody said that we were dominant or that we should expect to be; this is big boy football and the teams we play are going to have good scholarship players. Mizzou, though, with their backs against the wall, continues to win. In the end, that's what matters.

Again and again and again... apparently it's cool to say it as early as possible, or to be a vagina. :shrug:

KChiefs1
11-28-2014, 07:12 PM
lol storm the field

SEC East Champs!

Dr. Gigglepants
11-28-2014, 07:13 PM
Wow, Arky fans are bitches. Hogville is pretty hilarious.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=582355.0

So much gold on that entire board, this thread though...LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 07:18 PM

So much gold on that entire board, this thread though...LMAOYeah, that's a special kind of stupid. This year's team isn't nearly as good as last year's team.

Rausch
11-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Way to underplay how terrible Mauk has been.

I thought he played pretty good today, even with his WR's doing their best Chiefs impersonation...

OmahaChief
11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Arkansas fan is going to be as easy to hate as Kansas fan.

DeezNutz
11-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Hogs have to find a goddamned offense. We are always stalling in second half. Good game tigers. Now go get your asses kicked in SEC champ.

Thank you, NewPrisonBambi.

This was almost as satisfying as when we threw it in your ass in the Cotton Bowl. Keep those tears flowing, though.

NewChief
11-28-2014, 07:50 PM
I mean. I hate to agree with Hogville, but we will go in dry in coming years. The beauty though is that even if we lose, Misery fan is miserable. Seriously. Can't imagine hating my team so much and being so negative m

DeezNutz
11-28-2014, 07:54 PM
The two-point conversion was a thing of ****ing beauty.

At this point, people who bitch about Pinkel are ****ing stupid. Plain and simple. He's built a legitimate program at Mizzou, and he's one of the most underrated coaches in the country.

Titty Meat
11-28-2014, 07:57 PM
What bowl game is Mizzou looking at?

Rausch
11-28-2014, 08:00 PM
The two-point conversion was a thing of ****ing beauty.

I was thinking "Why can't KC do something like that?"

And then I realized why...

Pepe Silvia
11-28-2014, 08:01 PM
I mean. I hate to agree with Hogville, but we will go in dry in coming years. The beauty though is that even if we lose, Misery fan is miserable. Seriously. Can't imagine hating my team so much and being so negative m

Everyone has a right to their opinions, they lucked out, The D saved their ass like they have all season.

DeezNutz
11-28-2014, 08:02 PM

Hard to say. Not done playing football, yet.

/suck it gesture directed toward the east because Pioli is in Atlanta--because mother**** you, Scott Pioli, you worthless piece of mother****ing shit.

TribalElder
11-28-2014, 08:02 PM

Seems that Mizzou gets sent to the cotton bowl evey year

Bowser
11-28-2014, 08:04 PM

I'm going to start a FundMe site for Hog fans to purchase mass quantities of Preparation H and those donut things you sit on. The butthurt is an epidemic in that state right now.

stonedstooge
11-28-2014, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't go that far

DeezNutz
11-28-2014, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't go that far

True, Arkansas fan is at least relevant during the fall.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2014, 08:08 PM
Arkansas fans pissed on Twitter Mizzou is a disgrace to the sec. Lmao...they were asswhipes when they took Anderson from mizzou too. Fuck them

Rausch
11-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Seems that Mizzou gets sent to the cotton bowl evey year

http://media1.giphy.com/media/4WHkXdDx8wjS0/200.gif

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 08:26 PM
I mean. I hate to agree with Hogville, but we will go in dry in coming years. The beauty though is that even if we lose, Misery fan is miserable. Seriously. Can't imagine hating my team so much and being so negative mWhile I agree with the second part, I keep hearing that Arky is going to kill Mizzou. Keep predicting the same thing and someday you may be right, I suppose.

KChiefs1
11-28-2014, 09:16 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/28/921ee98fff1df88cd6b5ba4a1b4ed5ae.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/28/7143c24394ad3bbf1cff4bf3ace0cb59.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/28/6f3241d1fd76157eb4da98c0edba00c1.jpg

NewChief
11-28-2014, 09:19 PM
:thumb:While I agree with the second part, I keep hearing that Arky is going to kill Mizzou. Keep predicting the same thing and someday you may be right, I suppose.

Arkansas season exceeded my expectations. Look at my prediction for this game, and it's pretty dead on. My prediction for
Future seasons: Arky finna eat.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Wasn't some hog fan claiming they'd win by 11? LMAO

That was a donkey fan...hopefully more tears for him Sunday night

Mizzou_8541
11-28-2014, 10:16 PM
Arkansas fans pissed on Twitter Mizzou is a disgrace to the sec. Lmao...they were asswhipes when they took Anderson from mizzou too. **** them

lol! What's TJ Carpenter have to say?

Reaper16
11-28-2014, 10:17 PM

Very nearly, but for different reasons. Tennessee fans are more like Kansas fans: entitled & spoiled, rooting for a team that IS a historic power, yes, but not nearly as strong a power as they think.

Arkansas fans are just stupid. They're the rural Pentecostal church of college football fanbases: outrageous optimism mixed with a special kind of dumb.

Mizzou_8541
11-28-2014, 10:22 PM

Says the guy asking for Printz to reach Mauk. :)

GloryDayz
11-28-2014, 10:44 PM
I never had a doubt!

stonedstooge
11-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Very nearly, but for different reasons. Tennessee fans are more like Kansas fans: entitled & spoiled, rooting for a team that IS a historic power, yes, but not nearly as strong a power as they think.

Arkansas fans are just stupid. They're the rural Pentecostal church of college football fanbases: outrageous optimism mixed with a special kind of dumb.

ROFL

Mizzou_8541
11-28-2014, 11:02 PM

That thread made my night.

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2014, 11:25 PM
https://ct.yimg.com/mr/uploads/898/1626819.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Look at that empty stadium!!

Sure-Oz
11-28-2014, 11:46 PM
lol! What's TJ Carpenter have to say?
Hasn't been douchey yet but I'm sure it will come if Mizzou loses

Jiu Jitsu Jon
11-29-2014, 12:34 AM
That thread made my night.

"You may not respect us, but you will be watching us in the playoffs next week".

That burn's gonna need some salve. :fire:

bowener
11-29-2014, 02:10 AM
I watched the end of this game sitting at the bar at Free State Brewery in Lawrence, Ks. So so so many disappointed and angry faces when Mizzou won. I was respectful. I didn't say anything to antagonize a single person, and only cheered when I could not contain myself, and even then it was just a clinched fist followed by a short, "yes.". Only one person was not a total asshole to me.

11-29-2014, 02:35 AM
To be honest, I hope MU wins the SEC championship game just to throw a HUGE monkey wrench into the Playoff system. LMAO

|Zach|
11-29-2014, 04:00 AM
LMAO ..Pinkel is the dumbest coach in football

Hot sports take here. Pete is dropping these nuggets of wisdom left and right.

|Zach|
11-29-2014, 04:31 AM

It is astonishing.

|Zach|
11-29-2014, 04:34 AM
Everyone has a right to their opinions, they lucked out, The D saved their ass like they have all season.

:)

Dr. Gigglepants
11-29-2014, 09:06 AM
DENNIS DODD
CBSSports.com

Someone had to win SEC East, Mizzou does it for 2nd year in a row (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24847346/someone-had-to-win-sec-east-mizzou-does-it-for-2nd-year-in-a-row)

November 28, 2014 7:28 pm ET

Let's see, what was Missouri's best win this season?

It wouldn't be Indiana. The Tigers lost that one at home to a Hoosier squad that is winless in the Big Ten and lost to Bowling Green.

Certainly not Georgia. Six weeks ago the Bulldogs skunked Mizzou 34-0 – in Columbia.

The best win came late, as in late November, as in late Friday afternoon, as in the fourth quarter of the last game. It came over a last place team that had recently lost its last 17 conference games.

Naturally, they stormed the field Friday when the Tigers ploddingly, inexorably, finally overcame stubborn Arkansas 21-14.

That was enough for Missouri to clinch the SEC East for the second year in a row. Just enough. You did not want to be at the Georgia watch party that witnessed it from Athens. The Bulldogs' entire season was hanging on the result. It could have won the division in a tiebreaker sitting on the couch. Then that season fell off the cliff after a 15-0 fourth-quarter Missouri rally assured the result against a defense that hadn't given up a touchdown in it last 11 quarters.

Right now, little makes sense in the SEC. The league is both lauded for its excellence and derided for the East Division. But give credit for Mizzou (7-1 in the East) for being the best of "mediocre" in the East. No team in the entire league has a better combined conference record the last two seasons than Missouri.

Next Saturday, either Mississippi State or Alabama will play a team in Atlanta whose best win really is hard to find. The Tigers rallied in the fourth quarter to survive at South Carolina by a point. It gained 119 yards while scoring 42 points at Florida.

That same Florida team that smoked the Bulldogs made it possible for the Tigers in this improbable November by dropping 418 rushing yards on Georgia in the Cocktail Party. In this month alone, Missouri had to win at Texas A&M, at Tennessee and get by the hottest last-place team in the country.

Overall, the Tigers (10-2) won six in a row. It wasn't easy, pretty or logical. There's something to be said for the College Football Playoff selection committee chairman Jeff Long's weekly reminders about “body of work.” Mizzou had the best of it, in the East. Over the last two seasons, they're 14-2 in the Strength Everywhere Conference.

Alabama is second at 13-2, followed by Auburn at 11-4.

Yeah, I know they're 1-1 against Indiana in that span too but live with it. Super conferences have made it possible to win a league without even coming close to playing all your conference opponents.

Still, you would think there would be some sort of decent initiation period into the SEC. Missouri has been a part of the league for all of three years. Not for the Tigers who did it with offense last year, countering with defense this season. It was fitting that defensive end Markus Golden's recovery of Alex Collins' fumble with 2:13 left sealed it.

They did it with incredible fourth-quarter comebacks. In the last two weeks they have outscored Tennessee and Arkansas 28-8 in the final 15 minutes. In those games, quarterback Maty Mauk is 6 for 9 in the fourth for 195 yards and three touchdowns in final period.

Yeah, they rushed the field because their team it was unranked in the first CFP poll 32 days ago. It was ranked 24th in AP's preseason top 25.

It beat one ranked opponent along the way. Wait, South Carolina was once ranked 13th?

They rushed the field because initiation periods be damned. They rushed the field the field because Mizzou could actually be the end of this glorious SEC eight-year run.

Beat the No. 4 Bulldogs or the No. 1 Tide, and the SEC might be bumped out of the top four for the playoff.

That CFP selection committee wouldn't elevate the No. 17 Tigers to the top four, would they? Well, in that scenario the fourth-quarter Tigers from the mediocre East would be SEC champs.

How's that for a decent initiation period?

Dr. Gigglepants
11-29-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm sorry, but who the hell molested Dodd while he was at Mizzou? My God, I am fairly realistic about this team, but I've enjoyed the damn ride at least.

Mizzou could actually be the end of this glorious SEC eight-year run

Oh no, sorry we ruined your precious little conference. What a god damn idiot.

TribalElder
11-29-2014, 09:33 AM
DENNIS DODD
CBSSports.com

Someone had to win SEC East, Mizzou does it for 2nd year in a row (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24847346/someone-had-to-win-sec-east-mizzou-does-it-for-2nd-year-in-a-row)

November 28, 2014 7:28 pm ET

Let's see, what was Missouri's best win this season?

It wouldn't be Indiana. The Tigers lost that one at home to a Hoosier squad that is winless in the Big Ten and lost to Bowling Green.

Certainly not Georgia. Six weeks ago the Bulldogs skunked Mizzou 34-0 – in Columbia.

The best win came late, as in late November, as in late Friday afternoon, as in the fourth quarter of the last game. It came over a last place team that had recently lost its last 17 conference games.

Naturally, they stormed the field Friday when the Tigers ploddingly, inexorably, finally overcame stubborn Arkansas 21-14.

That was enough for Missouri to clinch the SEC East for the second year in a row. Just enough. You did not want to be at the Georgia watch party that witnessed it from Athens. The Bulldogs' entire season was hanging on the result. It could have won the division in a tiebreaker sitting on the couch. Then that season fell off the cliff after a 15-0 fourth-quarter Missouri rally assured the result against a defense that hadn't given up a touchdown in it last 11 quarters.

Right now, little makes sense in the SEC. The league is both lauded for its excellence and derided for the East Division. But give credit for Mizzou (7-1 in the East) for being the best of "mediocre" in the East. No team in the entire league has a better combined conference record the last two seasons than Missouri.

Next Saturday, either Mississippi State or Alabama will play a team in Atlanta whose best win really is hard to find. The Tigers rallied in the fourth quarter to survive at South Carolina by a point. It gained 119 yards while scoring 42 points at Florida.

That same Florida team that smoked the Bulldogs made it possible for the Tigers in this improbable November by dropping 418 rushing yards on Georgia in the Cocktail Party. In this month alone, Missouri had to win at Texas A&M, at Tennessee and get by the hottest last-place team in the country.

Overall, the Tigers (10-2) won six in a row. It wasn't easy, pretty or logical. There's something to be said for the College Football Playoff selection committee chairman Jeff Long's weekly reminders about “body of work.” Mizzou had the best of it, in the East. Over the last two seasons, they're 14-2 in the Strength Everywhere Conference.

Alabama is second at 13-2, followed by Auburn at 11-4.

Yeah, I know they're 1-1 against Indiana in that span too but live with it. Super conferences have made it possible to win a league without even coming close to playing all your conference opponents.

Still, you would think there would be some sort of decent initiation period into the SEC. Missouri has been a part of the league for all of three years. Not for the Tigers who did it with offense last year, countering with defense this season. It was fitting that defensive end Markus Golden's recovery of Alex Collins' fumble with 2:13 left sealed it.

They did it with incredible fourth-quarter comebacks. In the last two weeks they have outscored Tennessee and Arkansas 28-8 in the final 15 minutes. In those games, quarterback Maty Mauk is 6 for 9 in the fourth for 195 yards and three touchdowns in final period.

Yeah, they rushed the field because their team it was unranked in the first CFP poll 32 days ago. It was ranked 24th in AP's preseason top 25.

It beat one ranked opponent along the way. Wait, South Carolina was once ranked 13th?

They rushed the field because initiation periods be damned. They rushed the field the field because Mizzou could actually be the end of this glorious SEC eight-year run.

Beat the No. 4 Bulldogs or the No. 1 Tide, and the SEC might be bumped out of the top four for the playoff.

That CFP selection committee wouldn't elevate the No. 17 Tigers to the top four, would they? Well, in that scenario the fourth-quarter Tigers from the mediocre East would be SEC champs.

How's that for a decent initiation period?
That writer is a pissed off hater

Keep hating pussy LMAO

He will melt down if we knock off bama

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Come get some crow MHM

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2014, 09:48 AM

Keep hating pussy LMAO

Prison Bitch is Dennis Dodd?

KChiefs1
11-29-2014, 10:00 AM

A more relevant rival that's for sure.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-29-2014, 10:14 AM

Keep hating pussy LMAO

And if we lose he'll say they should have just put UGA in the CCG instead of Mizzou.

Bowser
11-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Dodd needs to work on being less annoyed with Mizzou winning the East and more pissed at Georgia for getting the red headed step child treatment from a suckass Florida team.

Discuss Thrower
11-29-2014, 01:37 PM
SEC doing Mizzou no favors today with the Cocks getting smoked by Clemson and the Cardinals beating the Cats in Louisville

TrebMaxx
11-29-2014, 01:57 PM
SEC doing Mizzou no favors today with the Cocks getting smoked by Clemson and the Cardinals beating the Cats in Louisville
Add to that Georgia Tech just went up on Georgia.

Saul Good
11-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Kentucky just dropped a gimme interception and then somehow missed an easy sack on consecutive plays to allow Louisville to take the lead.

FD
11-29-2014, 03:02 PM
SEC looking at 0-4 vs the ACC today.

Rams Fan
11-29-2014, 03:50 PM
I hate them because they're a bunch of no good classless yankees that don't belong in the SEC, took cheap shots, didn't shake hands, and have had a cupcake ride the last two years somehow and shouldn't have won yesterday. Got a lot of help from the officials.

Yankees!

WhawhaWhat
11-29-2014, 04:02 PM
Yankees!

Sick Tigerboard on them and they'll all want to kill themselves within a few days.

KChiefs1
11-29-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm reading a lot of spin that if Mizzou beats Bama that they'll somehow someway make the CFB Playoff.

Can't believe that but the SEC & ESPN have a lot of pull.

Bowser
11-29-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm reading a lot of spin that if Mizzou beats Bama that they'll somehow someway make the CFB Playoff.

Eh, IF we beat Bama or Miss St and win the SEC, we still won't get in the playoffs. No team that loses to Indiana on its home field deserves a playoff seed, even SEC champs.

|Zach|
11-29-2014, 05:43 PM

I don't see how...

Bob Dole
11-29-2014, 05:47 PM

Not a chance.

KChiefs1
11-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Not a chance.

I agree.

KChiefs1
11-29-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't see how...

Gary Danielson & Verne Lundquist are already spinning it that if Mizzou beats Bama that Mizzou has to be in the playoffs.

Never doubt the SEC spin machine. It's strong & powerful. Can't wait to hear ESPN chime in & the SECN will be pushing it hard too.

Just sit back & enjoy the ride.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Let’s not get it twisted. Missouri is a decent football team, but they aren’t nearly good enough to crow about the insignificance of their early season losses.

The schedule: Missouri played the easiest SEC schedule imaginable. Not only is Florida down so much they fired their coach, we got Georgia w/o their best player (not that it mattered), a South Carolina team that was pegged to win 11 games but won six, and we played the two worst teams in the West.

Missouri’s SEC opponents won the following number of conference games: 0,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,6. Not only did Missouri not beat an SEC team w/ a winning record in conference, outside of Georgia, they didn’t play an SEC team w/ a winning record in conference.

The losses: if you want to partially blame the Georgia game on an avalanche of turnover randomness that can ameliorate some of the sting, but they were still thoroughly dominated at home by a team w/o their best player who lost to Florida, South Carolina, and Georgia Tech. That wasn’t the 2001 Hurricanes.

Of course, no mention of the losses would be complete without the acknowledgement of the loss to a 4-8 Indiana team, a team that lost to a MAC team w/ its backup QB, and whose only other wins against FBS schools were North Texas and Purdue, teams that combined to win seven games. Mind you, that this was a home game, weather meant nothing, and there weren’t any wacky turnovers that could help explain the loss. They were legitimately dominated on both sides of the line by Indiana. I don’t know if you can find a worse loss by an SEC school since Muschamp lost to Georgia Southern.

The wins: The best win this year is a tossup between UCF and Texas A&M, which means that our signature win is either against a team that went 3-5 in the SEC West or a team that lost to 2-9 UConn and whose signature win is against BYU.

Yes, you can give Missouri credit for beating the teams in front of them, as a lot of other schools didn’t, but that resume looks far more like ’07 Kansas than ’07 LSU.

If you want to dish out credit, than give some to Drew Henson for realizing that the offense absolutely had to change after the first two conference games, when this team looked like a goddamned overflowing shit fire. Give some to Alex Grinch. Yes, him. The secondary looked markedly improved over last year, where Kenya Dennis and Braylon Webb have played those positions about as well as any Tiger has in the last ten years.

Now, why do I say Henson and not Pinkel? Pinkel gets credit by proxy for hiring Henson, but he is the first OC I’ve seen at Mizzou under Pinkel who actually makes halftime adjustments. If Gary couldn’t do it before, he certainly wasn’t going to learn it in year 12 with Yost. Congratulations on making the right hire and promotion.

Ultimately, this team has overachieved due to the defense exceeding expectations, Marcus Murphy, and a Downy soft schedule. I wish I could say that Missouri was some overlooked juggernaut/giant killer, but they aren’t. I hope they can beat Alabama next week, but they will likely lose by 20-30 points.

And if you want to give me shit for the OP, then pile on, because I’m certainly not going to fuck with a winning streak.

WhawhaWhat
11-29-2014, 10:34 PM
So Alabama -14? -17?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2014, 10:36 PM
So Alabama -14? -17?

I'd bet it opens at -16.

TribalElder
11-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Anyone know the status of hansborough?

Is he gonna be up to playing next weekend

Mosbonian
11-29-2014, 10:49 PM
Hamas....I don't see MU as even an outside candidate for the playoff I guess I am not as pessimistic as you seem in your long rant.

For me this is a surprisingly pleasant finish to a season that started out shaky regardless of how weak our schedule was.

But for all the things you point out that are correct it would seem you would be even a little pleased they finished the way they have.

Maybe I am reading you wrong and your post is just a response to someone saying MU could be considered for the playoffs.

Pitt Gorilla
11-29-2014, 10:57 PM
Certainly doesn't matter now, but dgb would have helped this team immensely.

TribalElder
11-29-2014, 10:59 PM
Certainly doesn't matter now, but dgb would have helped this team immensely.

For sure

Too bad he was all Ray rice-ish

TribalElder
11-30-2014, 12:01 AM
Why the hell did they name the Mizzou vs Arkansas game "the battle line rivalry"

Battle of the Ozarks would have been soooo much better

I read that on hogville LMAO

|Zach|
11-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Hearing lots of talk of Citrus bowl against a Big10 team if Missouri doesn't beat Alabama.

jjchieffan
11-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Why the hell did they name the Mizzou vs Arkansas game "the battle line rivalry"

Battle of the Ozarks would have been soooo much better

I read that on hogville LMAO

I like AR-MO Geddon bowl better

Bowser
11-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Hearing lots of talk of Citrus bowl against a Big10 team if Missouri doesn't beat Alabama.

Mizzou vs. Nebraska would be my guess.

Bob Dole
11-30-2014, 09:30 AM
We all know this ends with MIZZOU somehow beating Bama, and the SEC being shut out of the playoffs.

Saul Good
11-30-2014, 09:33 AM
We all know this ends with MIZZOU somehow beating Bama, and the SEC being shut out of the playoffs.

That would kick ass.

|Zach|
11-30-2014, 10:11 AM

Winning the SEC and not going to a national championship would be the most Mizzou thing ever. And awesome.

TribalElder
11-30-2014, 10:13 AM
I could totally see that lolz

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2014, 10:55 AM
Hamas....I don't see MU as even an outside candidate for the playoff I guess I am not as pessimistic as you seem in your long rant.

For me this is a surprisingly pleasant finish to a season that started out shaky regardless of how weak our schedule was.

But for all the things you point out that are correct it would seem you would be even a little pleased they finished the way they have.

Maybe I am reading you wrong and your post is just a response to someone saying MU could be considered for the playoffs.

My post was a response to the litany of stupid posts in the immediate aftermath of the game, of which the following are but a small sample:

Mizzou Fans often can't see past their noses.

Mosbonian
11-30-2014, 11:33 AM
My post was a response to the litany of stupid posts in the immediate aftermath of the game, of which the following are but a small sample:

So beyond your frustration with those posts, how do you view this season?

I'd like to see both yours and Duncan's take on this year...

Captain Obvious
11-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Seeing lots of the recruiting folks saying the Davis twins are back in play for Mizzou with Nebraska firing Bo.

duncan_idaho
11-30-2014, 12:05 PM

This is the strangest year I've experienced as a Missouri football fan. Partly because my No. 1 girl (the Royals) made it to the World Series, and it didn't feel like college football season until November for me.

But mostly because the losses to Indiana and Georgia were so damning and confusing.

I think this is the best coaching job Pinkel and his staff have done. Rebounding from those losses like this is impressive and unexpected.

I've been disappointed in the offense - I expected Mauk to improve from last season - and blown away by how good the defense has become.

With Mauk, I heard early season rumors of too much partying and not enough focus on football (this included being told by a friend in CoMO he saw Mauk on the Friday before the Georgia game basically unable to walk, he was so drunk). Combine that type of "focus" with injuries, and you see the results against Indiana and Georgia.

There were so many little things that could have drastically changed the Indiana game... Markus Golden not pulling his hamstring (Loud and Harris improved a lot as the season wore on but were NOT ready for prime time at that point). Mauk not coming off a bender. Hunt and White not being hurt. Defending a screen pass on 3rd and forever. The team actually showing up and trying. Still the most confounding loss I've seen as a Tiger fan in recent memory.

I think winning the SEC East again is a massive accomplishment, considering where things were at midseason. Yes, the division is not the same as the SEC West, but it is quality compared to leagues like the Big 12 and B1G (and is still going to have two top 15 teams in the polls come later today). Any time you get to a championship game, it's a successful season.

It's been fun watching this defense, which I thnk is the best unit at Mizzou in my living memory. They aren't QUITE as good/deep at DE as last year (though, watching Ray and Golden dominate this year, you almost wonder if the wrong guy was starting at LE last year), but the rest of the D is better. Michael Scherer was a whipping boy of mine early in the year, as was Brothers, but they have improved by leaps and bounds since the season started. Donavin Newsome, too. The secondary has been BETTER than it was a year ago despite losing 3 starters. I am not shocked by that, as I expected replacing Matt White to be a major upgrade, but the play of Dennis, Gibson and Penton at CB has been better than I expected.

It's been a fun ride, overall, and I'm looking forward to taking it two more times.

Recruiting still disappoints - and probably always will under Pinkel - which leaves you wondering what the team looks like next year, when it again graduates all of its starting WRs, loses two studly DEs and a very good safety (Braylon Wilson).

The last time Nebraska fired a coach after the season, Missouri made some hay flipping guys in recruiting. It DOES look like the Tigers have a chance to flip Hale Hentges (who visited on Friday), and the Davis twins will now look around, depending on what happens in Nebraska.

Landing those three, in combination with inking Terry Beckner, would make this recruiting class look quite a bit different....

Sully
11-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Seeing lots of the recruiting folks saying the Davis twins are back in play for Mizzou with Nebraska firing Bo.
Sweet

Coached against them twice this year. They are monsters. In the second game, one was playing a standup outside rush backer, and just flat dominated.

|Zach|
11-30-2014, 12:16 PM

The idea that with Packer and Pete here posting up a storm that *those* were the stupid posts seems....offbase.

|Zach|
11-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Seems like we are going to be really strong st running back again thigh right? If we can find a way to get blocks (a concern) and run the ball then we can get it into the hands of WRs next year...if Mauk isn't a complete fucking asshole and all and prepares the right way.

duncan_idaho
11-30-2014, 12:38 PM
Seems like we are going to be really strong st running back again thigh right? If we can find a way to get blocks (a concern) and run the ball then we can get it into the hands of WRs next year...if Mauk isn't a complete fucking asshole and all and prepares the right way.

I expect Hansbrough and Witter to be a good tandem. Witter has looked quick and decisive as the year has gone on. Nice burst.

X-factors will be Morgan Steward and Trevon Walters. Steward had a lot of buzz until hurting his hip and gives Missouri a different look (5-11, 210, fastest guy on the team, reportedly). Walters is also a bigger back with the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.

Chase Abbington is coming in from JUCO and will start at RB. Same seems true of HS recruit Marquise Doherty, for whom Mizzou leads.

This staff is really locked in on finding RBs. I don't worry about that position.

I worry more about filling the LT spot than anything else. Morse has been solid over there, and none of the other options inspire much confidence yet (Chappel at LT would be a disaster unless he improves a lot).

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Clay Rhoads just about has to step up.

KChiefs1
11-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Mizzou vs. Nebraska would be my guess.

Another bowl game vs a lame duck coach.

KChiefs1
11-30-2014, 01:17 PM

Typical Mizzou

KChiefs1
11-30-2014, 01:20 PM

Rivals guy said one tweeted him saying they are open to Mizzou.

KChiefs1
11-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Got to start recruiting better OL.

Jerm
11-30-2014, 01:49 PM
We got absolutely shit on in the new rankings...sheesh.

Saul Good
11-30-2014, 02:01 PM
No we didn't.

KChiefs1
11-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Pinkel up to 4th in the newest rankings:

http://greatamericansportsnetwork.com/ranking-sec-coaches/

Bowser
11-30-2014, 02:07 PM

Maybe possibly that goes for Marquise Doherty as well? I knew he was thinking about Mizzou while flirting with Nebraska (and Oregon).....

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2014, 02:14 PM

The blind fan in me sees it as an unabashed success based solely upon the number of wins. Also, CFB is different than other sports, IMO, because tanking seasons is counterproductive based on what it does to recruiting.

However, Missouri won a ton of one score games this year against mediocre opposition, and that is not a sustainable pattern. Advanced metrics demonstrate, time and again, that teams that fare well in stats like percentage of fumbles recovered and one score games cannot duplicate that success, and it's because such entities are toss-ups. If you win four coin flips in a row you've had a great season, but that doesn't make this a great team.

I bet if you looked at the Pythagorean W/L of a team like Mizzou you'd probably see that they should be closer to 5-3 or 4-4 in league than 7-1, but most fans just look at the surface and assume all is well and/or sustainable.

I thought 8-4 would be a decent year, and they went 10-2, so on the surface they overachieved (almost solely due to the defense), but if you look at the team's schedule objectively you cannot make a compelling case that it's all that good. SCar is significantly worse than we thought, Florida underachieved, and Georgia was up and down. aTm was also a comparative disappointment to what was expected of them.

Am I concerned about 2015? Yeah. Am I more concerned about 2015 than I was three months ago? Certainly. Loud and Harris haven't flashed the way Ray and Golden did last year, so I doubt the D can bring the same kind of pressure, and I see us bereft of talent on the outside. Finally, I just cannot trust Mauk: he has poor judgment both personally and on the field.

However, this team still has an opportunity to win a conference title for the first time since the Nixon administration, so in spite of all that, or what happens on Saturday, the season was a success.

Sometimes, your most successful teams are not your best ones either. The 2004 and 2005 Cardinals were both the best teams in baseball and won a combined 0 World Series games while the 2006 team was maybe the 10th best team and won the whole thing.

Jerm
11-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Would love for Lock to have an awesome spring and summer and unseat Mauk but knowing Pinkel, he'd still go with Mauk even if that were the case.

Saul Good
11-30-2014, 02:19 PM
The blind fan in me sees it as an unabashed success based solely upon the number of wins. Also, CFB is different than other sports, IMO, because tanking seasons is counterproductive based on what it does to recruiting.

However, Missouri won a ton of one score games this year against mediocre opposition, and that is not a sustainable pattern. Advanced metrics demonstrate, time and again, that teams that fare well in stats like percentage of fumbles recovered and one score games cannot duplicate that success, and it's because such entities are toss-ups. If you win four coin flips in a row you've had a great season, but that doesn't make this a great team.

I bet if you looked at the Pythagorean W/L of a team like Mizzou you'd probably see that they should be closer to 5-3 or 4-4 in league than 7-1, but most fans just look at the surface and assume all is well and/or sustainable.

I thought 8-4 would be a decent year, and they went 10-2, so on the surface they overachieved (almost solely due to the defense), but if you look at the team's schedule objectively you cannot make a compelling case that it's all that good. SCar is significantly worse than we thought, Florida underachieved, and Georgia was up and down. aTm was also a comparative disappointment to what was expected of them.

Am I concerned about 2015? Yeah. Am I more concerned about 2015 than I was three months ago? Certainly. Loud and Harris haven't flashed the way Ray and Golden did last year, so I doubt the D can bring the same kind of pressure, and I see us bereft of talent on the outside. Finally, I just cannot trust Mauk: he has poor judgment both personally and on the field.

However, this team still has an opportunity to win a conference title for the first time since the Nixon administration, so in spite of all that, or what happens on Saturday, the season was a success.

Sometimes, your most successful teams are not your best ones either. The 2004 and 2005 Cardinals were both the best teams in baseball and won a combined 0 World Series games while the 2006 team was maybe the 10th best team and won the whole thing.

Mizzou has 4 losses in the past two seasons. We led in the second half in three of them and in the last minute in two of them.

Saul Good
11-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Would love for Lock to have an awesome spring and summer and unseat Mauk but knowing Pinkel, he'd still go with Mauk even if that were the case.

Mauk isn't going to lose his job, nor should he. Friday's game was easily the best of his career, and this team has done nothing but win with him under center...and he's still just a Sophomore.

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Would love for Lock to have an awesome spring and summer and unseat Mauk but knowing Pinkel, he'd still go with Mauk even if that were the case.If Lock is better, he'll play. Smith unseated Farmer and Daniel played with Smith, so I'm not sure what your "knowing Pinkel" comment means.

Saul Good
11-30-2014, 02:53 PM
If Lock is better, he'll play. Smith unseated Farmer and Daniel played with Smith, so I'm not sure what your "knowing Pinkel" comment means.

Lock is almost certainly going to redshirt.

GloryDayz
11-30-2014, 03:06 PM
If Lock is better, he'll play. Smith unseated Farmer and Daniel played with Smith, so I'm not sure what your "knowing Pinkel" comment means.

Lock is better, now it's just a matter of getting GP to change his ways.

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Lock is better, now it's just a matter of getting GP to change his ways.Change what ways?

GloryDayz
11-30-2014, 03:39 PM
Change what ways?

Supposedly not letting freshmen players start.

DeezNutz
11-30-2014, 03:40 PM
How do we know that Lock is better?

Saul Good
11-30-2014, 03:40 PM

Like DGB and Boehm?

DeezNutz
11-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Mauk is frustrating as hell, but I think the system can adapt a bit more to highlight his strengths. Specifically, he needs to be on the move quite a bit. Dude is fast and tough as shit.

Third Eye
11-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Lock is almost certainly going to redshirt.

This, and I'm not sure how it's even a question.

Jerm
11-30-2014, 03:47 PM

He seems to stick with guys a lot longer than most coaches for my liking....

WhawhaWhat
11-30-2014, 03:56 PM
How do we know that Lock is better?

Because he hasn't had a chance to fail yet.

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2014, 04:00 PM
He seems to stick with guys a lot longer than most coaches for my liking....Which coaches?

Pepe Silvia
11-30-2014, 04:06 PM
We need to redshirt lock, it's for the best, he should be eased in like daniel and gabbert were.

duncan_idaho
11-30-2014, 04:19 PM

Missouri has played a ton of freshmen over the years. Notably, DGB, Boehm, Jared Perry, Temple, Murphy, Hansbrough, Josey, Daniel, Gabbert, Franklin. gettis, Gaines, Penton, Christopher, Spoon, Augusta, Coffman.

Maclin and Aldon Smith would have played as true freshmen if not for extenuating circumstances.

It also has played a ton of redshirt freshmen.

duncan_idaho
11-30-2014, 04:21 PM
We need to redshirt lock, it's for the best, he should be eased in like daniel and gabbert were.

Both of them as true freshmen and were the no. 2 qb. If Lock is the second best an, he will not redshirt.

GloryDayz
11-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Like DGB and Boehm?

i get your point, let's just hope he sees fit to start Lock over Mauk.

|Zach|
11-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Missouri has played a ton of freshmen over the years. Notably, DGB, Boehm, Jared Perry, Temple, Murphy, Hansbrough, Josey, Daniel, Gabbert, Franklin. gettis, Gaines, Penton, Christopher, Spoon, Augusta, Coffman.

Maclin and Aldon Smith would have played as true freshmen if not for extenuating circumstances.

It also has played a ton of redshirt freshmen.

Haha

Reerun_KC
11-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Line on the MU bama game?

Saul Good
11-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Line on the MU bama game?

Opened at Alabama -10...already moved to -13.

KChiefs1
11-30-2014, 06:00 PM
i get your point, let's just hope he sees fit to start Lock over Mauk.

If he is that much better than Mauk then he will start. If it's close then Mauk will start due to experience.

KChiefs1
11-30-2014, 06:04 PM

It will end up in the -15 to -17 range.

KChiefs1
11-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Pinkel coach of the year.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/11/gary_pinkel_should_be_sec_coac.html

bowener
11-30-2014, 06:35 PM

Still smaller than I expected.

TribalElder
11-30-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm expecting Mizzou vs Bama to look like tonight's chiefs game lol

Bob Dole
12-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Latest projection has MIZZOU vs Minnesota in Citrus.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-bowl-projections-week-14/

Titty Meat
12-01-2014, 10:05 AM
The conference championships are kind of a joke now. So even if Mizzou wins the SEC title they won't make the playoff and play in some shit bowl like the Capital One Credit bowl or the Citrus bowl.

duncan_idaho
12-01-2014, 10:12 AM
The conference championships are kind of a joke now. So even if Mizzou wins the SEC title they won't make the playoff and play in some shit bowl like the Capital One Credit bowl or the Citrus bowl.

I believe the SEC champion still can't fall below one of the top-tier (Sugar, Orange, Fiesta, Rose, Cotton, Peach) bowls. This year, with the Sugar and Rose hosting semi-final games, that would be the Orange, Fiesta, Cotton or Peach.

Same with the champion of the Big 12, B1G, PAC-12 and ACC. Those conferences did not lose their automatic bid to traditional bowls if their champion doesn't make the playoff.

KChiefs1
12-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Anyone else think the weekly updates from the committee are stupid?

They could justify Mizzou getting in the top 4 by saying they are the SEC champs but with the updates they can't justify jumping Mizzou over 9 teams.

I've always thought it hurts them with the weekly updates.

KChiefs1
12-01-2014, 10:26 AM
8 team solves everything though.

5 conference champs(SEC, ACC, B1G, PAC 12, Big 12).
3 At Large bids.

suzzer99
12-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Ok but with some kind of caveat that the conference winner has to be ranked in the top 15 or so. Maybe top 12? Top 10 seems a little steep. Once FSU starts sucking again the ACC will go back to being an abortion. And the B1G has that potential every year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-01-2014, 12:23 PM
The Selection Committee is just as bad and illogical as the AP poll. Honestly, they're probably worse.The SC exists to create talking points and pseudoarguments. The only difference between them and an ESPN Power Poll is that they allow for four teams to enter a playoff.

KChiefs1
12-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Ok but with some kind of caveat that the conference winner has to be ranked in the top 15 or so. Maybe top 12? Top 10 seems a little steep. Once FSU starts sucking again the ACC will go back to being an abortion. And the B1G has that potential every year.

I'm not a basketball guy but didn't the NCAA tournament start that way? I seem to remember only conference champions could get in the tournament.

WhawhaWhat
12-04-2014, 09:50 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4BU4ONCIAAT3eK.jpg

WhawhaWhat
12-04-2014, 09:50 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: Jim McElwain agrees to become Florida Head Coach. He coached at Colorado St. for 3 seasons. (via <a href="https://twitter.com/ClowESPN">@ClowESPN</a>) <a href="http://t.co/p2UznbH7qG">pic.twitter.com/p2UznbH7qG</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/540525684876378112">December 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

allen_kcCard
12-04-2014, 10:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4BU4ONCIAAT3eK.jpg

Pretty cool they were able to go all year without having to paint that one endzone.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/12/7968808.jpg

Saul Good
12-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Yeah. They probably just did a little touch-up. After the game, they'll need to put some plastic or something on it so it lasts until next year.

Jerm
12-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Michigan wanted to interview Pinkel and were going to before they hired Hoke...wonder if they come calling again?

Don't think GP would leave but you never know....

duncan_idaho
12-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Michigan wanted to interview Pinkel and were going to before they hired Hoke...wonder if they come calling again?

He turned down the interview last time around. Not interested in another rebuilding project. Doubt that's changed.

Jerm
12-04-2014, 11:51 AM
He turned down the interview last time around. Not interested in another rebuilding project. Doubt that's changed.

I assumed he only turned it down because Mizzou gave him an extension and raise....

Wouldn't shock me to see his agent float his name to get more $$$, hell McElwain is going to make more than him.

Saul Good
12-04-2014, 09:07 PM
That UCF win isn't looking too bad right now.

Dr. Gigglepants
12-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Unis for tomorrow

Let's do this

http://www.garypinkel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/MAIN-Mizzou-Football-Nike-Uniform-Combination-December-6.jpeg

suzzer99
12-05-2014, 10:36 AM
So you know how everyone in Alabama and Nebraska are Tide/Husker fans, even if they never graduated high school? It can be the same in MO right?

Go Mizzou - shock the world!

duncan_idaho
12-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Unis for tomorrow

Let's do this

http://www.garypinkel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/MAIN-Mizzou-Football-Nike-Uniform-Combination-December-6.jpeg

Stupid PowerTiger helmets

Reaper16
12-05-2014, 02:02 PM
So you know how everyone in Alabama and Nebraska are Tide/Husker fans, even if they never graduated high school? It can be the same in MO right?

Go Mizzou - shock the world!

I don't know what this post means, but the answer is yes. Of course. Mizzou has thousands & thousands of fans who never attended the school.

Pepe Silvia
12-05-2014, 03:41 PM

They will and even though you'd think he'd be too old I think he's gone this time, easier way to recruit and shittier conference to compete in and finish up his career. I don't think he wants to deal with the SEC anymore. Coaches very rarely turn a job down twice. (Roy Williams for example)

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2014, 03:47 PM
They will and even though you'd think he'd be too old I think he's gone this time, easier way to recruit and shittier conference to compete in and finish up his career. I don't think he wants to deal with the SEC anymore. Coaches very rarely turn a job down twice. (Roy Williams for example)Disagree. GP will retire at Mizzou.

DMAC
12-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Disagree. GP will retire at Mizzou.

This.

Pepe Silvia
12-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Nope he has a new expensive piece of snatch to pay for now. Them hoes ain't cheap, he'll need extra cash.

DMAC
12-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Nope he has a new expensive piece of snatch to pay for now. Them hoes ain't cheap, he'll need extra cash.

He has a new one every week. They follow him around and keep him from tripping over his cord.

They work for HIM.

Reaper16
12-05-2014, 03:58 PM

Comments like these are so tired. Take your self-loathing & your misogyny out of here.

Pepe Silvia
12-05-2014, 03:59 PM
He has a new one every week. They follow him around and keep him from tripping over his cord.

They work for HIM.

You don't think he can get new cord girls at Meechigan? He wants to have some Ann Arbor buttsex, HE GONE.

Pepe Silvia
12-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Comments like these are so tired. Take your self-loathing & your misogyny out of here.

I don't respect people and I have that right.

duncan_idaho
12-05-2014, 04:07 PM
They will and even though you'd think he'd be too old I think he's gone this time, easier way to recruit and shittier conference to compete in and finish up his career. I don't think he wants to deal with the SEC anymore. Coaches very rarely turn a job down twice. (Roy Williams for example)

your and idiot

Pepe Silvia
12-05-2014, 04:09 PM
your and idiot

DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

Saul Good
12-05-2014, 04:13 PM
How were the KU fans able to ban Prison Bitch from their thread, but we still have to deal with this idiot?

Pepe Silvia
12-05-2014, 04:21 PM
How were the KU fans able to ban Prison Bitch from their thread, but we still have to deal with this idiot?

Dont worry I'm working on it.

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2014, 04:40 PM
How were the KU fans able to ban Prison Bitch from their thread, but we still have to deal with this idiot?He is a ku fan.

Saul Good
12-05-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm aware.

Sully
12-05-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure they aren't the same poster.

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 01:56 PM
An hour away

gblowfish
12-06-2014, 02:07 PM
I was thinking about this game last night. You know, my entire life, the best Mizzou has been able to do in championship games or tournaments has been to be "a participant." I'd like to see them actually WIN something just once. Just freakin' once. You think they'd be due with all the misfortune that's misfallen them over the years. But that's what Mizzou's DNA is. Their threshold is "Participant."

Please change that today....Pleeeeze?

Prison Bitch
12-06-2014, 02:08 PM
KC Star says a win today would rank as one of the best in school history. I would say it would have to be #1. What sayeth the Mizzou fans on that question?

blake5676
12-06-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure they aren't the same poster.

They're not the same. Prison Bitch is good at what he does. And can be somewhat clever. Packer isn't even a troll. He's just some lonely drunk who needs his internet card revoked.

blake5676
12-06-2014, 02:15 PM
KC Star says a win today would rank as one of the best in school history. I would say it would have to be #1. What sayeth the Mizzou fans on that question?

Based on this season's expectations, as well as how flat and just outclassed we were in the GA game, I think an argument could be made that this would be our best win. Certainly in the last 40 years.

I don't think this is our most talented team (save maybe the defense) but they've seemed to play above expectations and knocking off the #1 team in the country in a championship game like this would be "banner worthy".

Reerun_KC
12-06-2014, 02:30 PM
MU 35
Bama 24.

Prison Bitch
12-06-2014, 02:33 PM
and knocking off the #1 team in the country in a championship game like this would be "banner worthy".

Uh, that's an understatement. Knocking off the best program in CFB history, in their own backyard, when they're #1 and the NC favorite, and a 14.5 fave, to win the SEC Title?

If that's not a banner on Faurot then nothing is.

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Because it would only hurt the conference.

Because winning would not put them in the title game even though they are sec champs

It would be the mizzou thing to do

And yes, best win in any time I can remember

KChiefs1
12-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Because it would only hurt the conference.

Because winning would not put them in the title game even though they are sec champs

It would be the mizzou thing to do

And yes, best win in any time I can remember

Because Mizzou.

TrebMaxx
12-06-2014, 02:44 PM
I would love for MU to upset Bama but even if they don't I just hope they hang with them and don't get blown out.

Red Dawg
12-06-2014, 02:46 PM
They won the Cotton Bowl last year. That is pretty damn good.

Bowser
12-06-2014, 02:46 PM
I would love for MU to upset Bama but even if they don't I just hope they hang with them and don't get blown out.

This.

My hope is that the final score is 10 points or less to whichever team wins.

My fear is that we are going to lose by 4+ touchdowns.

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 02:50 PM
This is the only year I can ever remember where the sec champ does not get into the title game possibly

It's just like when the Chiefs had the number 1 pick and it was the only year that all the draftees sucked

ROFL

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Hope we get the ball to start the second half

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 02:54 PM
lol @ the Indiana highlight in the sec season montage

Priest31kc
12-06-2014, 02:54 PM
This is the only year I can ever remember where the sec champ does not get into the title game possibly

It's just like when the Chiefs had the number 1 pick and it was the only year that all the draftees sucked

ROFL

Being a Chiefs & Mizzou fan is awesome.

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 03:04 PM
If Ohio state and Baylor lose bama could get in even if a miracle happens and mizzou would win this game

kepp
12-06-2014, 03:11 PM
If Ohio state and Baylor lose bama could get in even if a miracle happens and mizzou would win this game

And its easy to see those first two things happening
Posted via Mobile Device

TrebMaxx
12-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Hope we get the ball to start the second half

You have been granted your wish!

kepp
Well, here we go!
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
But mostly because the losses to Indiana and Georgia were so damning and confusing. ...

The 03 Big 12 champs lost to DietOU and ...Marshall. And lost to UT on a prayer.

So, crazy things do happen.

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 03:13 PM
They elected to receive

Getting the ball at the half usually works out best

Mizzou defense could set the tone with a big series to start the game

kepp
12-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Touchbacks would defn help today.
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Here we go

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Mizzou already on their heels

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 03:16 PM
That shake and bake move actually worked :facepalm:

kepp
12-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Penton with the embarassing whiff
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Running the Denver offense

Red Dawg
12-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Coaching staff at Bama is clearly miles ahead of the slubs at Mizzou. Pink is just plain and simple out of his league in the game.

kepp
Cake walk
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder
Boom

That was quick ROFL

Damn

Mauk better step it up

TrebMaxx
That was too easy. Could be a long afternoon.

Perineum Ripper
12-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Alabama is going to run and short quick pass the team to death

OmahaChief
12-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Prepare for a 56-7 game. Shit start.

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Prepare for a 56-7 game. Shit start.

Really think we put up 56 and hold them scoreless the rest of the day?

That drive was too easy

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2014, 03:20 PM
How many holding calls did Alabama get away with on that drive?

TribalElder
12-06-2014, 03:21 PM

One on the first play

I saw the jersey stretch and snap back as the wr ran by the block

ghak99
Ouch!

It's looking like a coaching staff cake walk for Alabama right from the start.

OmahaChief
Really think we put up 56 and hold them scoreless the rest of the day?

That drive was too easy

There was no resistance at all on that drive. Need more talent.

Saul Good
Well...this could be a long day.

ghak99
12-06-2014, 03:22 PM

A couple, but I really don't think it mattered. LMAO

HonestChieffan

Is it time to start bitching about officials already?

kepp

Don't know. I was too busy watching our secondary whiff
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder
Bama ran a completely different offense that drive

We looked stunned

Time for mauk to go 3 and out

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2014, 03:23 PM
One on the first play

I saw the jersey stretch and snap back as the wr ran by the block

Watch the play before the TD.

suzzer99
Nap time

Perineum Ripper
Great opening offensive drive

TribalElder
Participant

Saul Good
12-06-2014, 03:24 PM
We came to play.

Bob Dole
Horrible start. It's like watching Denver at KC all over again.

TribalElder
Watch the TD again.

I don't have rewind but I don't doubt it

They should never have got that far down the field

Our defense will be out of gas in the 2nd quarter

suzzer99
12-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Mizzou struggling mightily to complete passes for no gain

petegz28
12-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Pa thet ic!