PDA

View Full Version : KU *****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

CoMoChief
06-04-2019, 01:06 PM
This FBI case thing is gonna hurt KU's recruiting....don't think it wont.

sedated
06-04-2019, 01:09 PM
This FBI case thing is gonna hurt KU's recruiting....don't think it wont.

For the 100th time in this thread, other schools involved in the FBI case have solid recruiting classes coming in. Arizona at #1 and Auburn in top 10 or 15.

Kiimo
06-04-2019, 07:12 PM
Damn...we really could have used that Anthony Mathis guy that transferring from New Mexico St., but it sounds like he has his heart set on Oregon for some reason. Could have been the outside shooter we still lack.

It might have something to do with being from Oregon

arrowheadnation
06-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Looks like Self has put in a call to him. Maybe he can pull another one of his patented late signing period miracles.

KC_Connection
06-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Also that Self told the team after the OU big Monday debacle last year they were the worst KU team he’s ever coached.
Where's the lie?

KC_Connection
06-04-2019, 07:43 PM
I'm just looking at the stats of that team again and Grimes' numbers were unfathomably bad (only topped by Charlie Moore who may have been the worst scholarship player in school history).

BWillie
06-04-2019, 07:54 PM
I'm just looking at the stats of that team again and Grimes' numbers were unfathomably bad (only topped by Charlie Moore who may have been the worst scholarship player in school history).

Yeah it really is addition by subtraction. I have no doubt he will develop into a reasonable college player should he choose to stick it out somewhere, but he was given more than enough opportunities to succeed and just couldn't do it.

Instead of Moore + Grimes minutes, even if just Garrett got them all that is better.

Prison Bitch
06-04-2019, 08:47 PM
Looks like Self has put in a call to him. Maybe he can pull another one of his patented late signing period miracles.

Bill is a master scavenger, because Townsend and Snacks never deliver during actual recruiting

Ceej
06-05-2019, 03:08 PM
Walker and Wilson, please.

smithandrew051
06-10-2019, 11:41 AM
http://m.kusports.com/news/2019/jun/10/iowa-senior-isaiah-moss-commits-kansas/

Heres some good news. He shot 42% from 3 last year.

Dotson should be able to get him some open looks. We should also dominate the offensive boards to create kick out opportunities for open 3’s.

Mr_Tomahawk
06-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Boom.

There's our shooter.

"IF" everyone stays healthy, this team will be fun to watch again unlike last year.

smithandrew051
06-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Boom.

There's our shooter.

"IF" everyone stays healthy, this team will be fun to watch again unlike last year.

Still in the running for Wilson too.

BWillie
06-10-2019, 01:07 PM
http://m.kusports.com/news/2019/jun/10/iowa-senior-isaiah-moss-commits-kansas/

Heres some good news. He shot 42% from 3 last year.

Dotson should be able to get him some open looks. We should also dominate the offensive boards to create kick out opportunities for open 3’s.

I watch Iowa Hoops too so I'll give you my 2- cents on the kid.

Good shooter. Probably just needs to focus on being a spot up 3 point shooter in the half court offense at Kansas though. He's not very effective when he tries to create his own shot, even though he looks pretty good doing it but he just misses. He's just not very efficient scoring inside the arc unless it's a fast break.

Was one of the best athletes on Iowa, but they aren't a very athletic team. Okay defender.

arrowheadnation
06-10-2019, 02:02 PM
I think we're going to get both of them. Self must be sitting in his office by himself tapping his fingertips together while laughing maniacally.

Chief Pagan
06-10-2019, 02:45 PM
I think we're going to get both of them. Self must be sitting in his office by himself tapping his fingertips together while laughing maniacally.

Excellent Mr. Burns

arrowheadnation
06-11-2019, 07:40 AM
One down, one more to go on Wednesday!

(Moss declared for KU last night. Jalen Wilson to declare on Wednesday.)

Imon Yourside
06-11-2019, 12:25 PM
One down, one more to go on Wednesday!

(Moss declared for KU last night. Jalen Wilson to declare on Wednesday.)

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oa4RimVuCyM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks good but so did Grimes mixtapes.

Prison Bitch
06-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Remember that one guy who looked like ass on his mix tape?

Imon Yourside
06-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Remember that one guy who looked like ass on his mix tape?

No lolz just saying about anything would be an improvement over Grimes even Josh Selby.

Prison Bitch
06-11-2019, 01:03 PM
No lolz just saying about anything would be an improvement over Grimes even Josh Selby.

Oh I was agreeing with you. They could make those d-bags look like legit players. They could make me look like a top 100 4-star

Imon Yourside
06-11-2019, 01:06 PM
Oh I was agreeing with you. They could make those d-bags look like legit players. They could make me look like a top 100 4-star

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i7AUpGXLDdk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RaidersOftheCellar
06-11-2019, 02:20 PM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oa4RimVuCyM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks good but so did Grimes mixtapes.

Everybody’s mix looks good. Grimes’s was nothing special though. I remember being underwhelmed by it and thinking “okay, nothing really jumps out here, but he seems to be adequate in a lot of areas, so his ranking must be based on the fact that he can bring several things to the table.” Turns out, he wasn’t well-rounded at all and not even athletic. Partly due to gaining 30 lbs before the season.

Biggest difference between Wilson and Grimes is that Wilson can shoot. Grimes has always been a mediocre shooter.

Imon Yourside
06-11-2019, 03:35 PM
Everybody’s mix looks good. Grimes’s was nothing special though. I remember being underwhelmed by it and thinking “okay, nothing really jumps out here, but he seems to be adequate in a lot of areas, so his ranking must be based on the fact that he can bring several things to the table.” Turns out, he wasn’t well-rounded at all and not even athletic. Partly due to gaining 30 lbs before the season.

Biggest difference between Wilson and Grimes is that Wilson can shoot. Grimes has always been a mediocre shooter.

Grimes mixtapes all showed him with magical ball handling skills hitting threes like it was nothing.

Kiimo
06-11-2019, 04:10 PM
Grimes was a bigger disappointment than Selby and I never thought I'd say that

TLO
06-11-2019, 07:52 PM
This team has a chance to be a National Championship contender.

Imon Yourside
06-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Grimes was a bigger disappointment than Selby and I never thought I'd say that

His 3 ball made Aaron Miles look like Steph Curry.

Kiimo
06-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Wilson is about to announce in a couple minutes

TambaBerry
06-12-2019, 01:01 PM
KU BOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smithandrew051
06-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Major credit to Self. He really pulled a pretty impressive roster together.

This season could have been disastrous, but we have to be a top 5 or so team this year. Next year has a lot of nice pieces too.

Kiimo
06-12-2019, 01:06 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">R O C K C H A L K ���� <a href="https://t.co/1K2BVmwJyO">pic.twitter.com/1K2BVmwJyO</a></p>&mdash; jwill (@thejalenwilson) <a href="https://twitter.com/thejalenwilson/status/1138883809439551488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Imon Yourside
06-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Good haul, now let's get back to what we're used to. :)

lawrenceRaider
06-12-2019, 01:26 PM
We should be pretty filthy next year. Can't wait!

arrowheadnation
06-12-2019, 01:35 PM
yep, should be top 3-5 to start the year.

Kiimo
06-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Well I know for sure one guy that will make us #1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Kansas has filled its biggest need and landed a big-time shooter in Isaiah Moss, source told <a href="https://twitter.com/Stadium?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Stadium</a>. Shot 42 percent from 3 this past season. If Jayhawks get Jalen Wilson over UNC, I’ll bump them up from No. 2 to No. 1 over Michigan State.</p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1138131392657854465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief
06-12-2019, 03:02 PM
So can he shoot the outside shot?

Kiimo
06-12-2019, 03:19 PM
Both Wilson and Isaiah can shoot threes well.

Imon Yourside
06-12-2019, 03:42 PM
Both Wilson and Isaiah can shoot threes well.

Great I still remember Grimes Vids being mostly 3 balls and then hearing the experts saying he needs to work on his outside shot. That didn't work out well so it's nice to hear these 2 are actually good outside shooters.

Kiimo
06-12-2019, 04:07 PM
Wilson is "good" and Isaiah is "great".

OKchiefs
06-12-2019, 04:57 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/at-least-six-college-basketball-programs-will-be-notified-of-major-ncaa-violations-by-this-summer/

Kiimo
06-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Billy Preston: never played

Silvio De Sousa: cleared

Zion Williamson: never gave him money, played at Duke

we good.

Buehler445
06-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Well I know for sure one guy that will make us #1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Kansas has filled its biggest need and landed a big-time shooter in Isaiah Moss, source told <a href="https://twitter.com/Stadium?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Stadium</a>. Shot 42 percent from 3 this past season. If Jayhawks get Jalen Wilson over UNC, I’ll bump them up from No. 2 to No. 1 over Michigan State.</p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1138131392657854465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
No way we should be 1. Duke got like fucking everybody knows that was at the top of recruiting lists - to my understanding. I don’t follow recruiting.

Kiimo
06-12-2019, 06:23 PM
Duke has exactly one returning starter and lost all three of their top 10 guys as well as both centers.

https://watchstadium.com/news/college-basketball-preseason-top-25-06-12-2019/

RaidersOftheCellar
06-12-2019, 06:38 PM
No way we should be 1. Duke got like ****ing everybody knows that was at the top of recruiting lists - to my understanding. I don’t follow recruiting.

I don’t expect Duke to be at KU’s level.

KU has the pieces to be the best team in the country. We’ll see how those pieces mix and develop.

Early reports bode well. I’m hearing that Silvio looks to be a monster, Udoka’s hitting jumpers, and Agbaji’s outside shooting is a lot more consistent. If these things hold true, we’re in for a fun year.

ArrowheadHawk
06-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Roster seems to have come together. I'm ready to get a new season underway.

Buehler445
06-12-2019, 11:50 PM
Duke has exactly one returning starter and lost all three of their top 10 guys as well as both centers.

https://watchstadium.com/news/college-basketball-preseason-top-25-06-12-2019/

I don’t expect Duke to be at KU’s level.

KU has the pieces to be the best team in the country. We’ll see how those pieces mix and develop.

Early reports bode well. I’m hearing that Silvio looks to be a monster, Udoka’s hitting jumpers, and Agbaji’s outside shooting is a lot more consistent. If these things hold true, we’re in for a fun year.

Yeah. Somebody here (this fucking guy) should have looked at Dukes class. Yeah. They have some 5 star guys but I thought they had more.

My bad.

Prison Bitch
06-13-2019, 09:11 AM
Dook will suck shit this year. Not top 10 at best

saphojunkie
06-13-2019, 09:18 AM
I never was excited about last years team. Don’t know why for sure, but I think it was a mixture of losing players I loved - Svi, Graham, and Mahomes taking all of my focus.

I am legit excited for this team again.

sedated
06-13-2019, 10:20 AM
I never was excited about last years team. Don’t know why for sure, but I think it was a mixture of losing players I loved - Svi, Graham, and Mahomes taking all of my focus.

Maybe it's hindsight, but having Vick as the team leader seemed to put a low ceiling on the season before it started.

smithandrew051
06-13-2019, 10:36 AM
This recruiting class reminds me of the class we brought in back in 2009:

We had Tyshawn, the Morris Twins, Releford, Mario Little, and Tyron Appleton.

No 1 and Done talents in that group, but a solid group ready to be role players right away and develop into the foundation of the program for the next 3-5 (in the case of Releford) years.

Reerun_KC
06-13-2019, 10:46 AM

Yeah something about last year was just off from the beginning.

Prison Bitch
06-13-2019, 10:53 AM
Yeah something about last year was just off from the beginning.

???? We were preseason #1, started 9-0 with wis over top 5 teams Mich State and Tennessee.

saphojunkie
06-13-2019, 11:25 AM
???? We were preseason #1, started 9-0 with wis over top 5 teams Mich State and Tennessee.

And that first game with Grimes going off was really promising. It was still right in the middle of discovering Mahomes as the greatest QB in the league.

By the time I was ready to really focus on KU, Doke was injured, Grimes was a bust, Vick was gone, De Sousa wasn't gonna play, and our best player (Dedric) couldn't jump over a sheet of paper.

Just a weird year altogether. Not a really "exciting" team.

Much, much more excited about this one.

KC_Connection
06-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Any team where Vick was being asked to play that significant of a role wasn’t going to be that good of a team.

BigRedChief
06-14-2019, 07:12 PM
I’m reading fans think this Wilson committing is a big deal. The Athletic article doesn’t even have him starting. 6th men off the bench are helpful but don’t decide who wins the national title.

Zebedee DuBois
06-14-2019, 07:48 PM
I’m reading fans think this Wilson committing is a big deal. The Athletic article doesn’t even have him starting. 6th men off the bench are helpful but don’t decide who wins the national title.

Wasn't Collins the 6th man on the 2008 team?

Prison Bitch
06-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Any team where Vick was being asked to play that significant of a role wasn’t going to be that good of a team.

Yawn. AZ was the significant role, with Dedric.

BWillie
06-17-2019, 05:35 PM
https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/credit-to-kirk-hinrich-yes-that-kirk-hinrich-for-bullying-gary-woodland-into-quitting-basketball-to-play-golf-and-winning-the-us-open

Score one for us college basketball guys. Play a year at a D2 powerhouse, get embarrassed by an NBA top-10 pick that forces you to transfer and play golf. Boom, US Open winner.

I blame Marcus and Markieef Morris for not being top-10 picks and that’s why I can’t win the US Open. Nothing to do with my inconsistent wedge game and left to right drive. Not that at all.

How about Woodland though? Riggs had a bunch of blogs on Woodland from yesterday, check them out for sure. The dude was stones on Sunday after struggling a bit in the first third of the round. That putt on 18 was awesome. The chip from the green on 17 was insane.

Think you have to credit college basketball for that. Actually he may need to call up Dana Altman and thank him for not offering him at Creighton. This story from a few months ago talks about how Woodland was looking to transfer and someone called Altman to see if he was interested. Said Woodland could shoot but had no chance of defending anyone.

Cox tried to help Woodland. He reached out to some of his college contacts, including Dana Altman, then at Creighton, and pitched the 6-foot-1 Woodland as a guard who could “shoot the lights out.” Cox said the response was standard: “Who can he guard? How’s he going to be on defense?” But Cox didn’t have a good answer. If Woodland was coming out of high school today, Cox believes, with the premium that colleges put on shooters, Woodland would have received more and better offers.

Based on that putt on 18 it sounds about right that Woodland had unlimited range as a shooter too.

@jaybusbee
Gary Woodland on how he switched from basketball to golf: "That decision got forced on me. I had to guard Kirk Hinrich, and I realized, I'm going to have to do something else."

Buehler445
06-17-2019, 08:21 PM
https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/credit-to-kirk-hinrich-yes-that-kirk-hinrich-for-bullying-gary-woodland-into-quitting-basketball-to-play-golf-and-winning-the-us-open

Score one for us college basketball guys. Play a year at a D2 powerhouse, get embarrassed by an NBA top-10 pick that forces you to transfer and play golf. Boom, US Open winner.

I blame Marcus and Markieef Morris for not being top-10 picks and that’s why I can’t win the US Open. Nothing to do with my inconsistent wedge game and left to right drive. Not that at all.

How about Woodland though? Riggs had a bunch of blogs on Woodland from yesterday, check them out for sure. The dude was stones on Sunday after struggling a bit in the first third of the round. That putt on 18 was awesome. The chip from the green on 17 was insane.

Think you have to credit college basketball for that. Actually he may need to call up Dana Altman and thank him for not offering him at Creighton. This story from a few months ago talks about how Woodland was looking to transfer and someone called Altman to see if he was interested. Said Woodland could shoot but had no chance of defending anyone.

Cox tried to help Woodland. He reached out to some of his college contacts, including Dana Altman, then at Creighton, and pitched the 6-foot-1 Woodland as a guard who could “shoot the lights out.” Cox said the response was standard: “Who can he guard? How’s he going to be on defense?” But Cox didn’t have a good answer. If Woodland was coming out of high school today, Cox believes, with the premium that colleges put on shooters, Woodland would have received more and better offers.

Based on that putt on 18 it sounds about right that Woodland had unlimited range as a shooter too.

@jaybusbee
Gary Woodland on how he switched from basketball to golf: "That decision got forced on me. I had to guard Kirk Hinrich, and I realized, I'm going to have to do something else."

I think everyone that has played basketball eventually had the same conclusion. Mine, though wasn't guarding Kirk Heinrich, though.

TambaBerry
06-17-2019, 09:06 PM
Mine was in high school playing against Tyrell Reed

Buehler445
06-17-2019, 09:36 PM
Mine was in high school playing against Tyrell Reed

Thanks for making me feel like an old ass fucking man. I figured you were older than that.

BWillie
06-17-2019, 10:18 PM
I think everyone that has played basketball eventually had the same conclusion. Mine, though wasn't guarding Kirk Heinrich, though.

I was a 7th grader and Kirk was a sophomore I stole the ball from him in a pick up game at the Hyper Center in Sioux City. Thats all I got. He destroyed us though. He probably had smoked a bowl before. Just effortless basketball. One kid on my team ended up playing at Northern Iowa too. We had no chance.

TambaBerry
06-18-2019, 06:21 AM
I was a 7th grader and Kirk was a sophomore I stole the ball from him in a pick up game at the Hyper Center in Sioux City. Thats all I got. He destroyed us though. He probably had smoked a bowl before. Just effortless basketball. One kid on my team ended up playing at Northern Iowa too. We had no chance.

Reed with Burlington had a guy on their team named Geoff Reeves I believe he played at Cornell. Those two were throwing alley oops against us and beat us by like 50 points. Small town Kansas high school basketball and when you have two D1 guys it's just not fair haha

TambaBerry
06-18-2019, 06:22 AM
Thanks for making me feel like an old ass fucking man. I figured you were older than that.

Haha why did you think I'm old? I'm 32

smithandrew051
06-18-2019, 06:44 AM
I quit playing when I started high school to focus on football and baseball.

I did have some friends that thought they were going D-1...until they played against Travis Releford when he was at Miege.

Buehler445
06-18-2019, 07:14 AM
Haha why did you think I'm old? I'm 32

Seems like you’ve been here longer. I’m 36 and I don’t consider myself “old”. Ya fuck. :D.

Chief Pagan
06-18-2019, 12:36 PM

When I was an undergrad, you would occasionally see KU players at pickup games. As good as they look watching them in Allen field house, it's a different story being on the court. It was spring /summer but I was always a little surprised to see them playing random pickup games.

RockChalk
06-18-2019, 01:16 PM
When I was an undergrad, you would occasionally see KU players at pickup games. As good as they look watching them in Allen field house, it's a different story being on the court. It was spring /summer but I was always a little surprised to see them playing random pickup games.

You ever watch them play against the football players in pick up? It resembled something between basketball and football. I went to KU when the two programs didn't care much for each other.

DanBecky
06-18-2019, 01:34 PM
Reed with Burlington had a guy on their team named Geoff Reeves I believe he played at Cornell. Those two were throwing alley oops against us and beat us by like 50 points. Small town Kansas high school basketball and when you have two D1 guys it's just not fair haha

I watched Tyrel and Geoff when they came to Cherryvale for a game one time. I believe it was Tyrel’s senior year? Dude was almost touching the top of the white box on the backboard during warm ups. It was crazy. He was pretty damn athletic for a white kid.

BWillie
06-18-2019, 01:37 PM
I watched Tyrel and Geoff when they came to Cherryvale for a game one time. I believe it was Tyrel’s senior year? Dude was almost touching the top of the white box on the backboard during warm ups. It was crazy. He was pretty damn athletic for a white kid.

I would imagine Reed was one of those kids who had an insane max vert leap but a much less standing vertical leap. It was obvious he was a great athlete, but he never really figured out how to utilize it very well at the D1 level. He wasn't a quick jumper, but he could jump far and high - if that makes any sense.

cmh6476
06-24-2019, 07:42 AM
too soon to start the '21-'22 thread?

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article231883463.html

arrowheadnation
06-24-2019, 10:34 AM
too soon to start the '21-'22 thread?

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article231883463.html

I think he's going to re-classify and be part of the 21 class. He should be a top 10/top 20 type once he's able to be ranked. Huge early coup for Self if it sticks. I guess he's best friends with Jalen Wilson.

Mr. Plow
06-24-2019, 11:26 AM
Nice to get an early commitment.

BigRedChief
06-24-2019, 11:58 AM
Nice to get an early commitment.It's definitely better than not getting the commitment now. But, these top level guys change their commitments all the time right up to signing day. I'll believe it when its actually done.

Mr. Plow
06-24-2019, 12:07 PM
It's definitely better than not getting the commitment now. But, these top level guys change their commitments all the time right up to signing day. I'll believe it when its actually done.

Not that it doesn't happen in basketball, but it's not anywhere close to what happens in college football. Generally, most of the college bball players stick with a choice once one is made unless something changes at the school they chose.

What's the last high profile player that has publicly chosen a school and then changed their mind to another school before signing a LOI? I can't remember, but my memory isn't what it used to be; especially in regards to recruiting.

Chief Pagan
06-24-2019, 03:24 PM

I remember encountering Kevin Pritchard a 6’3” guard played in the 80s. I remember thinking I was doing a good job staying in front of him and then suddenly he does a pull up jumper and I’m looking at his waist is at my eye level.

sedated
06-24-2019, 03:28 PM
Not that it doesn't happen in basketball, but it's not anywhere close to what happens in college football. Generally, most of the college bball players stick with a choice once one is made unless something changes at the school they chose.

What's the last high profile player that has publicly chosen a school and then changed their mind to another school before signing a LOI? I can't remember, but my memory isn't what it used to be; especially in regards to recruiting.

IIRC, in hoops it's generally when the coach leaves.

SithCeNtZ
06-24-2019, 03:50 PM

Yep. What’s weird is for KU, the last few guys who committed multiple years out never ended up coming to KU because they weren’t good enough and self just sort of recruited over them or maybe pulled the offer? Remember Markese Jacobs? Everyone thought he’d be a big prospect because he committed to us really early, then by the end he was a fringe top 100 prospect and he is going somewhere else. I honestly can’t remember any soph commits that have actually stuck for us off the top of my head.

Kiimo
06-27-2019, 03:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ForTheCity?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ForTheCity</a> ���� <a href="https://t.co/9RP3MeiMQf">pic.twitter.com/9RP3MeiMQf</a></p>&mdash; Quentin Grimes (@qdotgrimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/qdotgrimes/status/1144351251079081984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 27, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sedated
06-27-2019, 03:27 PM
Looks like they photoshopped off a few pounds in that pic.

Kiimo
06-27-2019, 03:33 PM
It must be photoshopped because his fingers signify that he hit a 3

SuperChief
06-27-2019, 03:36 PM
It must be photoshopped because his fingers signify that he hit a 3

Back off, dude. He did hit a 3 . . . that one game.

BWillie
07-25-2019, 03:05 PM
Not sure how many KU fans know about this but the SELF MADE team is playing it's first game tonight in THE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT. Teams are a collection of prior college school alumni. 6 pm on ESPN tonight.

Here is the Self Made Roster
SELF MADE ROSTER
#0 Darrell Arthur
#1 Mario Chalmers
#3 Jeremy Case
#5 Naadir Tharpe
#10 Tyshawn Taylor
#15 Elijah Johnson
#23 Mario Little
#24 Travis Releford
#33 Landen Lucas
#34 Perry Ellis
#40 Kevin Young
Head Coach: Brady Morningstar
Assistant Coach: Brennan Bechard
co-General Manager: Natalie Knight-Johnson
Physical Therapist: Tyrel Reed
Practice Players/Coaches: Sherron Collins and Brad Witherspoon

https://www.thetournament.com/

PHOG
07-25-2019, 05:47 PM
Quentin "chubby" Grimes

arrowheadnation
07-25-2019, 05:57 PM
Damn...looks like Perry Ellis suffered a bad knee injury less than 2 min. into the game. Someone at the game tweeted that someone came out of the locker room and said something to his mom and she started crying and then turned to someone near her and mouthed the word "bad". Hopefully once they get him to the hospital it turns out to be ok.

arrowheadnation
07-25-2019, 06:53 PM
They got smoked.

BWillie
07-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Perry blew his ACL in the first minutes of the game.

Oh well, at least we lost to a team called SIDELINE CANCER who is giving 25% of proceeds to charity.

Titty Meat
07-25-2019, 08:07 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but damn is Self a GOAT or what? These guys played on the same team. I looked at sidelines roster it's a bunch of guys who would be like the 10th man at KU.

arrowheadnation
07-25-2019, 09:18 PM
This showed how popular basketball is to the people of Kansas. Sold out crowd for the Aftershocks game was lit AF. Had a NCAA tourney atmosphere.

BigRedChief
07-26-2019, 05:00 PM
This showed how popular basketball is to the people of Kansas. Sold out crowd for the Aftershocks game was lit AF. Had a NCAA tourney atmosphere.Sounds like an aging rock band reunion tour? NTTIAWWT

Not dissing the concept, I attended Van Halen, Kiss tours lately because I liked them back in the day.

BWillie
07-26-2019, 10:57 PM
Sounds like an aging rock band reunion tour? NTTIAWWT

Not dissing the concept, I attended Van Halen, Kiss tours lately because I liked them back in the day.

I don't understand the connection? I guess I'm confused

smithandrew051
08-15-2019, 09:03 PM
Andrea Hudy leaving Kansas for Texas. That fucking sucks.

BWillie
08-15-2019, 10:38 PM
Andrea Hudy leaving Kansas for Texas. That ****ing sucks.

Hahaha...I mean...it's a strength and conditioning coach.

Buehler445
08-16-2019, 01:54 PM
Andrea Hudy leaving Kansas for Texas. That fucking sucks.

Balls. That sucks.

Hahaha...I mean...it's a strength and conditioning coach.

Self has frequently and fervently sung her praises and put a lot of their success on her program.

T-post Tom
08-16-2019, 02:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/828402420212494336/HHx0fENS_400x400.jpg

sedated
08-16-2019, 03:20 PM
Andrea Hudy leaving Kansas for Texas. That ****ing sucks.

Ouch, that's pretty bad. She was one of the best in the business.

excessive
09-18-2019, 02:31 PM
Reads better in the link, if you don't mind going to The Star. Suppose you could find it at KU Athletics. No link there, sorry.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article235219507.html

KU hoops to open Big 12 vs. WVU, has four Big Monday games for 14th straight year
BY GARY BEDORE
SEPTEMBER 18, 2019 02:35 PM

Four ESPN Big Monday home basketball games highlight Kansas’ 2019-20 Big 12 Conference men’s basketball schedule, which was released by the league office and KU on Wednesday.

The Big Monday appearances will start against Oklahoma State on Jan. 27 in Stillwater, followed by a Big Monday game against Texas on Feb. 3, Iowa State on Feb. 17 and OSU on Feb. 24, all at Allen Fieldhouse.

It’s the 14th straight season KU has had four Big Mondays. KU will play 10 contests on ESPN+ this season. ESPN+ is a $4.99 per month subscription streaming service that can be viewed on a mobile phone or tablet, or through a device that plays streaming content on a television, like Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Apple TV or others.

KU last season had its NCAA-record streak of 14 straight league titles snapped.

A quick glance at the Big 12 schedule shows a tough stretch at the beginning. KU plays West Virginia at home, then has three of the next four and four of the next six league games on the road. KU plays Jan. 8 at Iowa State followed by Baylor on Jan. 11 at home. Then it’s at Jan. 14 at Oklahoma. and Jan. 18 at Texas. After home games against Kansas State on Jan. 21 and an out of league game vs. Tennessee on Jan. 25, KU heads to Oklahoma State on Jan. 27.

“True, it’s tough,” KU coach Bill Self told The Star in a text message. “But every season schedule has a very tough stretch that will probably play a big role on having a great conference season. This could be our stretch.”

The nonconference schedule was released on June 3. It is highlighted by a season-opening game against Duke on Nov. 5 in New York City, a possible matchup against Michigan State in Maui, and games at Villanova (Dec. 21) and Stanford (Dec. 29). The Jayhawks’ home slate features a contest against Colorado on Saturday, Dec. 7. That game will be part of a home-and-home series. The Jayhawks also will face UMKC in the Jayhawk Shootout on Saturday, Dec. 14 at the Sprint Center.

KU’S 2019-20 BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
Date

Opponent

Time

TV

Thursday, Oct. 24

Fort Hays State (exh.)

7 p.m.

ESPN+

Thursday, Oct. 31

Pittsburg State (exh.)

7 p.m.

ESPN+

Tuesday, Nov. 5

vs. Duke*

6 p.m.

ESPN

Friday, Nov. 8

UNC Greensboro

7 p.m.

ESPNU

Friday, Nov. 15

Monmouth

7 p.m.

ESPN+

Tuesday, Nov. 19

East Tennessee State

7 p.m.

ESPN+

Monday, Nov. 25

vs. Chaminade**

8 p.m.

ESPNU

Tuesday, Nov. 26

vs. UCLA or BYU**

TBA

TBA

Wednesday, Nov. 27

vs. TBA**

TBA

TBA

Saturday, Dec. 7

Colorado

6 p.m.

ESPN2

Tuesday, Dec. 10

UW-Milwaukee

7 p.m.

ESPN+

Saturday, Dec. 14

vs. UMKC***

4 p.m.

ESPN+

Saturday, Dec. 21

at Villanova

11 a.m.

Fox

Sunday, Dec. 29

at Stanford

2 p.m.

ABC

Saturday, Jan. 4

West Virginia

3 or 7 p.m.

ESPN+

Wednesday, Jan. 8

at Iowa State

7 p.m.

ESPN+

Saturday, Jan. 11

Baylor

noon

CBS

Tuesday, Jan. 14

at Oklahoma

8 p.m.

ESPN/2

Saturday, Jan. 18

at Texas

1 p.m.

ESPN/2

Tuesday, Jan. 21

Kansas State

6 p.m.

ESPN/2/U

Saturday, Jan. 25

Tennessee****

3 p.m.

ESPN/2

Monday, Jan. 27

at Oklahoma State

8 p.m.

ESPN

Saturday, Feb. 1

Texas Tech

3 or 5 p.m.

ESPN/2

Monday, Feb. 3

Texas

8 p.m.

ESPN

Saturday, Feb. 8

at TCU

11 a.m.

ESPN/2

Wednesday, Feb. 12

at West Virginia

6 p.m.

ESPN+

Saturday, Feb. 15

Oklahoma

11 a.m.

ESPN/2

Monday, Feb. 17

Iowa State

8 p.m.

ESPN

Saturday, Feb. 22

at Baylor

11 a.m.

ESPN/2

Monday, Feb. 24

Oklahoma State

8 p.m.

ESPN

Saturday, Feb. 29

at Kansas State

12:30 p.m.

CBS

Wednesday, March 4

TCU

7 p.m.

ESPN+

Saturday, March 7

at Texas Tech

1 p.m.

ESPN/2

BWillie
09-18-2019, 02:35 PM
Hey guys - still no ban hammer from the NCAA.

We are untouchable mother fuckers.

RockChalk
09-20-2019, 10:29 AM

We are untouchable mother ****ers.

I'm afraid to say you are incorrect. The ban hammer is coming soon and it's not going to be a good look for our basketball program.

At this time, I can't really say anything more than that. But it's not good.

smithandrew051
09-20-2019, 10:36 AM
I'm afraid to say you are incorrect. The ban hammer is coming soon and it's not going to be a good look for our basketball program.

Any credible source? Or just speculation?

Chiefspants
09-20-2019, 02:17 PM

This feels like a major, major jinx waiting to happen.

Titty Meat
09-20-2019, 02:39 PM

Dumbest mother fucker on the board

BWillie
09-20-2019, 03:13 PM
Dumbest mother ****er on the board

I am sad. You made me sad.

ChiTown
09-20-2019, 03:35 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article235306247.html

Jerm
09-20-2019, 03:37 PM

We are untouchable mother fuckers.

http://i.imgur.com/H5Y8QN5.gif

Prison Bitch
09-20-2019, 03:41 PM
Yawn. Nobody even knows what the charges even are.

Imon Yourside
09-20-2019, 03:47 PM
Third parties and/or boosters are not allowed to provide anything with monetary value to a recruit or the recruit’s family or guardian. It is possible the NCAA deems it inappropriate for Townsend to ask Gassnola to send gear to Angola.

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article235306247.html#storylink=cpy

Hopefully a slap on the wrist, Carolina got what for fudging student athletes tests?

Al Czervik
09-20-2019, 04:13 PM

Agreed....this will not end well for KU

smithandrew051
09-20-2019, 04:33 PM
Well....fuck

Chiefspants
09-20-2019, 04:34 PM
Self just announced that Isaac McBride is transferring.

Bump
09-20-2019, 04:47 PM
What did they do? Give someone who has a marketable skill some money or something?

DrunkBassGuitar
09-20-2019, 04:55 PM
What did they do? Give someone who has a marketable skill some money or something?

Or even worse, allowed a player to profit off their own likeness.

Kiimo
09-20-2019, 05:01 PM
Apparently the McBride decision was made Tuesday and has nothing to do with this development

Bump
09-20-2019, 05:10 PM

the horror!

Stewie
09-20-2019, 05:17 PM
The media (especially the desperate KC Star) is making a huge jump here. There is no evidence of wrong-doing by KU or Bill Self. This all has to do with payments to kids under the thumb of Adidas and their "coaches" at the lowest level (looking for a payday).

The record shows that Bill Self and KU had no knowledge of these payments to flunkie parents and grandparents (Gonna get paid 'cuz that boy can ball!").

This has been going on for at least two years and won't be solved for at least three more years. Yay NCAA! The "NCAA Attorney full employment act goes on and on."

Did you see what the conditioning coach that left KU for Texas is making? She's making $270,000 per year. What the hell? Something is upside down.

BWillie
09-20-2019, 05:19 PM

Was really high on this kid, at least compared to his recruiting ranking. Disappointing.

BWillie
09-20-2019, 05:20 PM

I don't know, I guess schools should just, you know, not cheat. I know they all do it but I'm tired of the blame the NCAA gets. They are shit on if they look the other way or if they enforce the rules that kids and schools are supposed to abide by.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/5xtDarzp5at2qwSTYoo" width="480" height="260" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/jerology-jim-carrey-liar-stop-breaking-the-law-asshole-5xtDarzp5at2qwSTYoo">via GIPHY</a></p>

Prison Bitch
09-20-2019, 05:33 PM
The media (especially the desperate KC Star) is making a huge jump here. There is no evidence of wrong-doing by KU or Bill Self. This all has to do with payments to kids under the thumb of Adidas and their "coaches" at the lowest level (looking for a payday).

The record shows that Bill Self and KU had no knowledge of these payments to flunkie parents and grandparents (Gonna get paid 'cuz that boy can ball!").

This has been going on for at least two years and won't be solved for at least three more years. Yay NCAA! The "NCAA Attorney full employment act goes on and on."

Coaches always have plausible deniability unless they’re idiots, which pretty much describes Sweaty Sean Miller

Did you see what the conditioning coach that left KU for Texas is making? She's making $270,000 per year. What the hell? Something is upside down.

Texas shits money.

Bump
09-20-2019, 06:09 PM
I don't know, I guess schools should just, you know, not cheat. I know they all do it but I'm tired of the blame the NCAA gets. They are shit on if they look the other way or if they enforce the rules that kids and schools are supposed to abide by.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/5xtDarzp5at2qwSTYoo" width="480" height="260" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/jerology-jim-carrey-liar-stop-breaking-the-law-asshole-5xtDarzp5at2qwSTYoo">via GIPHY</a></p>

The NCAA is just a farm system for pro sports. A lot of these kids aren't going to the pro's and could make money right now off of their skills. At least ban coaches from being paid and give them an education instead.

BWillie
09-20-2019, 06:44 PM
The NCAA is just a farm system for pro sports. A lot of these kids aren't going to the pro's and could make money right now off of their skills. At least ban coaches from being paid and give them an education instead.

Why is that the NCAA's fault? That is the NBA and NFL for making such a discriminatory rule.

Nobody is making you go to the NCAA to play college sports. In fact, they offer you free room, board, travel, and publicity in exchange for you to play for them. It's up to the player if they wish to accept this offer or not.

Titty Meat
09-20-2019, 07:44 PM
Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of douchebags

sedated
09-20-2019, 07:44 PM
Duke pays Zion, nothing.

UNC has decades of fake classes, nothing.

Buehler445
09-20-2019, 08:58 PM
Duke pays Zion, nothing.

UNC has decades of fake classes, nothing.

Calipari doing Calipari things at U.K. nothing

Ben Simmons magically goes to LSU. Nothing

Kiimo
09-20-2019, 09:22 PM

You never fail to live up to your reputation

Al Bundy
09-20-2019, 09:29 PM
Calipari doing Calipari things at U.K. nothing

Ben Simmons magically goes to LSU. Nothing

Well the coach was fired the next season lol

KC_Connection
09-20-2019, 10:24 PM
Paying the price for signing with Adidas rather than Nike. That’s all this is.

Prison Bitch
09-21-2019, 11:09 AM

What happened?

BWillie
09-21-2019, 11:29 AM
I assume postseason ban and loss of scholarships?

lawrenceRaider
09-21-2019, 12:44 PM
What happened?

Absolutely nothing. KC Star running gossip as usual. No new news.

KU might eventually get shafted, but not today.

Prison Bitch
09-21-2019, 01:10 PM
Kentucky board: “Self is gonna try and sweep this under his rug”

smithandrew051
09-21-2019, 01:19 PM

Lol! I accidentally gave that a thumbs down. Sorry!

DrunkBassGuitar
09-21-2019, 01:31 PM

He's not an upstanding citizen like Calipari that's for sure

DrunkBassGuitar
09-23-2019, 04:07 PM
Yahoo reporting KU basketball and Bill Self hit with multiple Level I charges

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kansas-basketball-charged-with-multiple-level-1-violations-including-lack-of-institutional-control-210015300.html

The Level I violations are tied, in part, to the recruitments of Billy Preston and Silvio De Sousa. Court testimony and documents tied to the federal basketball corruption cases over the past two years included details of veteran adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola having “conspired to illicitly funnel approximately at least $90,000” to the mother of Preston. Gassnola also testified in court that he paid De Sousa’s guardian $2,500, although he denied arranging a $20,000 payment that had been discussed on wiretaps.

The charge against Self will potentially prove a compelling and high-profile application of the NCAA’s head coach responsibility bylaws. Evidence tied to the case included Gassnola and Self talking openly in text messages about Adidas helping Kansas recruit players. “I’m happy with Adidas,” Self wrote Gassnola. “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Later, Gassnola texted about keeping Self and Kansas happy with lottery picks. Self responded: “That’s how (it) works. At UNC and Duke.”

Mr. Kotter
09-23-2019, 04:15 PM
Expect the University to appeal and litigate this to the bitter end (months, if not years)...given the "pass" other prominent programs have received for more egregious "violations." The NCAA will be very hard-pressed to use a double-standard due to their incredible inconsistencies in these cases, and in light of the personal vendetta of the board's former WVU idiot leading this. There is enough animosity in this, it could get really ugly if the NCAA tries to play hardball....especially given the evergrowing public relations embarrassment that they've become. Time will tell.

Imon Yourside
09-23-2019, 04:16 PM
Expect the University to appeal and litigate this to the bitter end (months, if not years)...given the "pass" other prominent programs have received for more egregious "violations." The NCAA will be very hard-pressed to use a double-standard because of the personal vendetta of the board's former WVU idiot leading this.

No shit

T-post Tom
09-23-2019, 04:21 PM
Expect the University to appeal and litigate this to the bitter end (months, if not years)...given the "pass" other prominent programs have received for more egregious "violations." The NCAA will be very hard-pressed to use a double-standard because of the personal vendetta of the board's former WVU idiot leading this. There is enough animosity in this, it could get really ugly if the NCAA tries to play hardball....especially given the evergrowing public relations embarrassment that they've become. Time will tell.

And the KC Star's "Editorial Board" has already weighed in with an article headlined, "If KU basketball committed major NCAA violations, the program must be held accountable."

"The University of Kansas is certainly entitled to its day in court. (Really? Thank you for that nugget of wisdom.)

At the same time, KU should not attempt to duck responsibility or hide behind technicalities and secrecy. The school should insist on transparency and accountability from everyone associated with men’s basketball as the NCAA process moves forward." (The lofty air is thin in the board's moral high ground.) :rolleyes:

What? No analogy to Tyreek & his former trial in the court of public opinion?

Chiefspants
09-23-2019, 04:30 PM
UNC showed the roadmap for this.

Lawyer up, fight this bitterly in court, and force the NCAA to dig in its heels on every program or make them give up. In UNC’s case, they gave up.

Mizzou showed what happens when you take the high road and cooperate with the NCAA. You'll get trashed.

I have a feeling KU is going to fist fight this one. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. The commentary I've seen from rival fanbases (not counting Kentucky, looooool), says if KU goes down, everyone will.

Mr. Kotter
09-23-2019, 04:31 PM
And the KC Star's "Editorial Board" has already weighed in with an article headlined, "If KU basketball committed major NCAA violations, the program must be held accountable."

"The University of Kansas is certainly entitled to its day in court. (Really? Thank you for that nugget of wisdom.)

At the same time, KU should not attempt to duck responsibility or hide behind technicalities and secrecy. The school should insist on transparency and accountability from everyone associated with men’s basketball as the NCAA process moves forward." (The lofty air is thin in the board's moral high ground.) :rolleyes:

Yeah, folks in glass houses shouldn't be chucking stones....given the ethical lapses, extreme biases, and any semblance of transparency or humility when their story fell apart...they can go fuck themselves,

DrunkBassGuitar
09-23-2019, 04:34 PM

lol KU needs to focus on winning championships and fighting the NCAA.

BigRedChief
09-23-2019, 04:37 PM

Lawyer up, fight this bitterly in court, and force the NCAA to dig in its heels on every program or make them give up, they gave up.

Mizzou showed what happens when you take the high road and cooperate with the NCAA. You'll get trashed.

I have a feeling KU is going to fist fight this one. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. The commentary I've seen from rival fanbases (not counting Kentucky, looooool), says if KU goes down, everyone will.Correct. the NC way is the only way to fight the corrupt NCAA. Lawyer up, fight, fight. Drag it out for years.

Mr. Kotter
09-23-2019, 04:39 PM

Lawyer up, fight this bitterly in court, and force the NCAA to dig in its heels on every program or make them give up, they gave up.

I have a feeling KU is going to fist fight this one. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. The commentary I've seen from rival fanbases (not counting Kentucky, looooool), says if KU goes down, everyone will.

Every program in the country needs to follow UNC's approach. If that happened, they'd have a choice: figure out a way to be consistent, reasonable, and fair....or continue to be humiliated in cases it can't defend in court. The NCAA has become a complete joke, and everyone seems to know it...except them.

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2019, 04:41 PM
That's cool. At least they included zion in the...
Oh wait.....

Kiimo
09-23-2019, 04:45 PM
Uh if this is all they have wow.

It’s Preston, who never played and KU took him out when they found out, and De Sousa, who the NCAA cleared. TWICE. If this is all they have zero chance on lack of institutional control.

Imon Yourside
09-23-2019, 04:46 PM

It’s Preston, who never played and KU took him out when they found out, and De Sousa, who the NCAA cleared. TWICE. If this is all they have zero chance on lack of institutional control.

We've been more careful than anyone else has been on this stuff, NCAA can GFO

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2019, 04:49 PM
If the ncaa actually cared, they'd go after Kansas for zion. Which opens the door for asking... If Kansas lost zion, what did Duke do to win him? That this was completely left off the accusation speaks volumes about the ncaa's horseshit.

Mr. Kotter
09-23-2019, 04:49 PM

The NCAA and that WVU flunkie who has had a hard-on for KU ever since he got the job, is likely to get embarrassed in court again--just like UNC and Duke bent him over and spanked that ignorant ass. Damn WVU inbred morons...

Prison Bitch
09-23-2019, 04:50 PM
Every program in the country needs to follow UNC's approach. If that happened, they'd have a choice: figure out a way to be consistent, reasonable, and fair....or continue to be humiliated in cases it can't defend in court. The NCAA has become a complete joke, and everyone seems to know it...except them.

Whatever. UNC was guilty as f*** and got away on technicalities. Don’t justify what they did. I don’t know anything about Dook.

If Townsend really offered to pay Despusa he should be banned from working in college sports and KU should be punished some way. Perhaps a year of lost schollies or two years of it.

The ncaa isn’t a joke, if you diaband it some other org would take co tell

Mr. Kotter
09-23-2019, 05:22 PM
Whatever. UNC was guilty as f*** and got away on technicalities. Don’t justify what they did. I don’t know anything about Dook.

If Townsend really offered to pay Despusa he should be banned from working in college sports and KU should be punished some way. Perhaps a year of lost schollies or two years of it.

A year or two of 1-2 lost scholarships, maybe; otherwise, drag the NCAAs sorry ass into a protracted fight in the courts......the bullying needs to be stopped. The NCAA has become a stinking joke; everyone who's paying attention knows it ....inconsistencies, biases, personal vendettas and corruption have erased any real credibility they use to have. Either they fix themselves, or someone WILL replace them. The smarter schools are beginning to figure it out--they don't have to play the NCAAs rigged game anymore. And I think the NCAA is beginning to see it's going to have to change...or be left behind.

If their corruption isn't enough, the grand larceny of the student athlete generated billions they have bilked from kids who didn't know how to fight them....will bring them to their knees. And I suspect it's going to be sooner rather than later, now that states are beginning to stand up against them too.

BWillie
09-23-2019, 05:23 PM
That's cool. At least they included zion in the...
Oh wait.....

I don't seem to remember there being any text messages from Coach K or from any Duke assistants about debating paying Zion.

That is the thing. You need proof. Everyone knows Zion got paid. But Duke's staff at least is a hell of alot smarter than ours.

BWillie
09-23-2019, 05:24 PM
The NCAA hasore a joke; everyone who's paying attention knows it ....inconsistencies, biases, personal vendettas and corruption have erased any real credibility they use to have. Either they fix themselves, or someone WILL replace them. The smarter schools are beginning to figure it out--they don't have to play the NCAAs rigged game anymore. And I think the NCAA is beginning to see it's going to have to change...or be left behind.

If their corruption isn't enough, the grand larceny of the student athlete generated billions they have bilked from kids who didn't know how to fight them....will bring them to their knees. And I suspect it's going to be sooner rather than later, now that states are beginning to stand up against them too.

If you ask me, they finally got proof with the help of the wiretaps and FBI etc. I'm sure they are thrilled they finally obtained the information to be able to do something instead of get stonewalled by players family, the university, etc.

But I know that isn't a popular opinion. Amazing how unbiased I am even though I'm a KU fan? God damn it really is something.

Mr. Kotter
09-23-2019, 05:41 PM
If you ask me, they finally got proof with the help of the wiretaps and FBI etc. I'm sure they are thrilled they finally obtained the information to be able to do something instead of get stonewalled by players family, the university, etc.

But I know that isn't a popular opinion. Amazing how unbiased I am even though I'm a KU fan? God damn it really is something.

The NCAA is like the parent who may be "right," on candy-assed old-fashioned ways of doing things--because, damn it, it's always been done THIS way! But the schools and kids aren't buying it anymore, and the parents have lost any real respect...because of lies, cover-ups, hypocrisy, and inconsistency in discipline.

It's like the parent who expects his kids to do what he says, not what he does. Actions speak louder than words, and when dad is a adulterous, cheating, lying oxycontin addict....he has no credibility telling his kid he shouldn't smoke weed, and party and sleep around when he heads to college. The kid is gonna do what they want....even if it's "wrong," because of the example they have been shown.

The NCAA needs to clean it's own house before lecturing others...

ChiefaRoo
09-23-2019, 06:34 PM
Death Penalty. Perp walk Self without the toupe.

Mr. Plow
09-23-2019, 06:41 PM
It could be worse. We could be WSU.

Kiimo
09-23-2019, 06:43 PM
“By the NCAA’s own admission through its public statements early this summer, it’s no secret that there is tremendous pressure on the NCAA to respond to the federal court proceedings involving college basketball. Compelled to reassure member institutions and the general public that it can police its member institutions, the NCAA enforcement staff has responded in an unnecessarily aggressive manner in submitting today’s unsubstantiated Notice of Allegations, and I, as well as the University, will vigorously dispute what has been alleged.

In its haste and attempt to regain control, the enforcement staff has created a false narrative regarding me and our basketball program. The narrative is based on innuendo, half-truths, misimpressions and mischaracterizations. In reality, we all know there is only one version of the truth. The truth is based on verifiable facts, and I am confident the facts we will demonstrate in our case will expose the inaccuracies of the enforcement staff’s narrative.

I have always taken pride in my commitment to rules compliance and led programs that operate with integrity and within the rules, and I am proud of the success that we have achieved at each program along the way. Every student-athlete who has ever played for me and their families know we follow the rules.

These allegations are serious and damaging to the University and to myself, and I hate that KU has to go through this process. With our staff’s full cooperation, these allegations will be addressed within NCAA procedures and with urgency and resolve. I will strenuously defend myself and the program, but I will respect the process and will not speak to the details of the case.”

ChiefaRoo
09-23-2019, 06:44 PM
lol

ChiTown
09-23-2019, 06:56 PM
Justice served

Prison Bitch
09-23-2019, 07:18 PM
Justice served

What justice was served and for what penalty?

Derp. Like you know anything.

Prison Bitch
09-23-2019, 07:20 PM

I’ll never understand why people jump the gun. Nobody even knows what’s in here or what evidence exists. There’s never anything wrong letting a process play out and seeing facts emerge. Tyreek Hill was a prime example.

Imon Yourside
09-23-2019, 07:45 PM
It could be worse. We could be WSU.

Just being a shocker would be a shitshow.

DrunkBassGuitar
09-23-2019, 08:32 PM
So despite the evidence pointing to Self not knowing about the payments, KU not playing Preston and De Sousa being reinstated by the NCAA, the NCAA wants to punish KU for...what exactly?

I get that the NCAA need to save face, but I don't understand what was supposed to be done. Should Preston and de Sousa have been expelled? For what exactly?

BWillie
09-23-2019, 08:52 PM
I’ll never understand why people jump the gun. Nobody even knows what’s in here or what evidence exists. There’s never anything wrong letting a process play out and seeing facts emerge. Tyreek Hill was a prime example.

Huh? They have text messages from Self to a booster.

They have our assistant coach talking about looking to pay Zion.

They have no such things on Duke even though they sure are in on this as well.

We need to have a trained criminal come in and teach these guys more about how to maintain plausible deniability.

BigRedChief
09-23-2019, 08:58 PM
I don't seem to remember there being any text messages from Coach K or from any Duke assistants about debating paying Zion.

That is the thing. You need proof. Everyone knows Zion got paid. But Duke's staff at least is a hell of alot smarter than ours.wait, there are texts from Self saying pay these guys?

DrunkBassGuitar
09-23-2019, 09:14 PM
wait, there are texts from Self saying pay these guys?

From an article I posted earlier today "The charge against Self will potentially prove a compelling and high-profile application of the NCAA’s head coach responsibility bylaws. Evidence tied to the case included Gassnola and Self talking openly in text messages about Adidas helping Kansas recruit players. “I’m happy with Adidas,” Self wrote Gassnola. “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Later, Gassnola texted about keeping Self and Kansas happy with lottery picks. Self responded: “That’s how (it) works. At UNC and Duke.”"

I'd think if he texted Gassnola "pay them" then that would be in there.

I'd be interested in seeing if Self texted to pay them

DrunkBassGuitar
09-23-2019, 09:16 PM
Huh? They have text messages from Self to a booster.

They have our assistant coach talking about looking to pay Zion.

They have no such things on Duke even though they sure are in on this as well.

We need to have a trained criminal come in and teach these guys more about how to maintain plausible deniability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdGOrcUEg8

Prison Bitch
09-23-2019, 10:00 PM
Huh? They have text messages from Self to a booster..

Yawn.

Buehler445
09-23-2019, 10:20 PM

I’d be Down. I really would. But on no way would I support KU taking heat all alone.

KU is on tape trying to dig up 100K for Zion. And we’re supposed to believe he went to Duke for free? Yeah. I’m not all about KU getting hung out all by themselves.

Prison Bitch
09-23-2019, 10:38 PM
From an article I posted earlier today "The charge against Self will potentially prove a compelling and high-profile application of the NCAA’s head coach responsibility bylaws. Evidence tied to the case included Gassnola and Self talking openly in text messages about Adidas helping Kansas recruit players. “I’m happy with Adidas,” Self wrote Gassnola. “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Later, Gassnola texted about keeping Self and Kansas happy with lottery picks. Self responded: “That’s how (it) works. At UNC and Duke.”"

I'd be interested in seeing if Self texted to pay them

Gassnola already said (under oath no less) the KU coaches didn’t know about the payments so you don’t have to wonder.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Adidas-bag-man-TJ-Gassnola-said-no-Kansas-basketball-coach-knew-about-payments-123175350/

BigRedChief
09-24-2019, 05:49 AM

I'd be interested in seeing if Self texted to pay themThats not smoking gun. A comment about UNC and Duke being corrupt?

ChiTown
09-24-2019, 06:24 AM
What justice was served and for what penalty?

Derp. Like you know anything.

Look at you whining in this thread like the little bitch you are! Take your medicine, pussy.

DrunkBassGuitar
09-24-2019, 06:31 AM
Thats not smoking gun. A comment about UNC and Duke being corrupt?

Yeah I agree. If there were a smoking gun in the allegations or in court, Yahoo would have reported it in that article.

DrunkBassGuitar
09-24-2019, 06:33 AM
Gassnola already said (under oath no less) the KU coaches didn’t know about the payments so you don’t have to wonder.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Adidas-bag-man-TJ-Gassnola-said-no-Kansas-basketball-coach-knew-about-payments-123175350/

Gassnola isn't going to perjure himself to protect Self or KU

Prison Bitch
09-24-2019, 06:47 AM
Gassnola isn't going to perjure himself to protect Self or KU

While we don’t know what the ncaa has on Self, we can be pretty sure the Gassnola conversation isn’t it. No prosecutor would ever bring charges based on speculation about “what someone probably possibly might’ve meant”

Prison Bitch
09-24-2019, 06:58 AM
Look at you whining in this thread like the little bitch you are! Take your medicine, pussy.

“Justice served!”

ROFL

Just became your new nickname.

ChiTown
09-24-2019, 07:16 AM
“Justice served!”

ROFL

Just became your new nickname.

Speaking of “derp”....

ChiefaRoo
09-24-2019, 07:34 AM
Bill Selfs and KU diehards response to NCAA
https://youtu.be/Lj4adAAHa68

Reality next year when NCAA rolls up on KU and Self
https://youtu.be/Ncptk5jBdrw

Mr. Kotter
09-24-2019, 07:49 AM
Bill Selfs and KU diehards response to NCAA
https://youtu.be/Lj4adAAHa68

Reality next year when NCAA rolls up on KU and Self
https://youtu.be/Ncptk5jBdrw

Hey, dipshit...if you were really following this, you'd know that most of this is all about KU haters hating on the KU program. For the record, I'm not saying there are not punishable offenses. However, if there are...they are the lose 1-2 scholarships for a couple of year type punishment, not the ban on postseason play or a lengthy suspension for Self that haters are having wet dreams over. If the NCAA over-reaches on this in an attempt to save face (make no mistake, that's what this is)...other schools will be going down hard too. And that ain't likely...

I'll take Jay Bilas's take on this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This could take up to a year to adjudicate and, if the NCAA overreaches, could wind up in federal court. This will be a long slog, with more schools to follow. <a href="https://t.co/yaZaz8nDoF">https://t.co/yaZaz8nDoF</a></p>&mdash; Jay Bilas (@JayBilas) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayBilas/status/1176289077643137024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefaRoo
09-24-2019, 07:51 AM
So much punishment coming for KU cheaters. Sad.

As for other cheating blue bloods ... F them as well.

Mr. Plow
09-24-2019, 08:05 AM

LMAO

lawrenceRaider
09-24-2019, 08:19 AM

Aren't you a Shocker fan? VanVleet was mentioned in the proceedings as having been paid. So F those mid major crooked programs as well.

lawrenceRaider
09-24-2019, 08:21 AM
I'll take the NCAA seriously when they roll out an actual punishment for UNC's decades of academic fraud or Duke for obviously paying Zion and many others.

arrowheadnation
09-24-2019, 08:34 AM
1, maybe 2 scholarships taken away. Self may have to sit out a couple games....that will be it.

Mr. Kotter
09-24-2019, 09:16 AM
1, maybe 2 scholarships taken away. Self may have to sit out a couple games....that will be it.

I sure hope so; anything more than that...KU should do everything in its power to push this into the Federal Courts.

Prison Bitch
09-24-2019, 09:32 AM
I sure hope so; anything more than that...KU should do everything in its power to push this into the Federal Courts.

That’s where the Adidas case (and obv Gassnola) went. Gassnola pled guilty and got a measly 1yr probation. Basically nothing. And again, it’s where he testified Kansas didn’t know anything he was doing on behalf of Adidas.

NCAA attorneys are smarter than this. They surely have something big we don’t know about, or else this is a waste. Since the FBI refuses to hand them the wire tapes it’s doubtful they do.

DJJasonp
09-24-2019, 09:38 AM
If KU was really concerned over this, why the hell would they have recently signed an extension with adidas?

All schools bend.......if the ncaa wants to crack down, it needs to be a broad stroke, not just one or two sacrifices.

But the NCAA loves their money too......so im assuming this will be a role play, to satisfy the feds.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BWillie
09-24-2019, 12:48 PM

Im thinking bye bye Final Four, at least 1 year postseason ban, loss of multiple scholarships for years

Imon Yourside
09-24-2019, 12:50 PM
Im thinking bye bye Final Four, at least 1 year postseason ban, loss of multiple scholarships for years

You're always the voice of reason too, uh huh.

BWillie
09-24-2019, 01:14 PM

Why would it be anything but that? We used an ineligible player in a Final Four. And those punishments would be similar to other schools with Level 1 infractions.

Mr. Plow
09-24-2019, 01:21 PM

Ok.

Kiimo
09-24-2019, 01:25 PM
Why would it be anything but that? We used an ineligible player in a Final Four. And those punishments would be similar to other schools with Level 1 infractions.

No we used a player that the NCAA said was eligible. It isn't up to KU to keep looking for infractions. It's when the NCAA tells you something is up and then you play them anyway that you get in trouble.

Also the haters in this thread look so pathetic. Lmao Shocker fans. As if you're relevant enough to even participate in this discussion.

Lzen
09-24-2019, 01:28 PM
Aren't you a Shocker fan? VanVleet was mentioned in the proceedings as having been paid. So F those mid major crooked programs as well.

Oh yeah? Do tell more?

Hey Chiefaroo, did you see this? ROFL
Glass houses, sucka!

Good Lord, does this guy bring anything to this forum other than KU bashing? I haven't seen it.

Lzen
09-24-2019, 01:29 PM

Ha ha, so true. :LOL:

smithandrew051
09-24-2019, 02:03 PM
If we’re fucked, I hope everyone else gets fucked too

ChiefaRoo
09-24-2019, 02:33 PM
Oh yeah? Do tell more?

Hey Chiefaroo, did you see this? ROFL
Glass houses, sucka!

Good Lord, does this guy bring anything to this forum other than KU bashing? I haven't seen it.

The Shockers run a clean program and they’re not charged with anything.
Death penalty for Criminal Bill Self. FBI Investigation!

Imon Yourside
09-24-2019, 02:37 PM

Mr. Irrelevant much like the shuckers.

Prison Bitch
09-24-2019, 02:45 PM
If we’re ****ed, I hope everyone else gets ****ed too

Why? If we did something we should be punished. Why do you care about others? If my kid gets in trouble at school I don’t say “Well I just want the other kids nailed too”.

The NCAA will need to bring something really strong to accuse Self (25 years without a single probation and in the Hall of Fame). Either they have it or they don’t. If they don’t then this isn’t even a problem

ChiefaRoo
09-24-2019, 02:51 PM
Mr. Irrelevant much like the shuckers.

“Lo a great phog of cheating enveloped the Jayhawk Homeland and decimation, humiliation and loss of institutional control was a plague upon the land. Women wept, little Jayhawks cried like it was a tourney game. And upon the land a great baldness came upon all Jayhawk cheaters.

The multitudes of JoCo soy boys lamented, “why did Roy forsaketh us? Why has our bird with shoes been so dishonored?” There was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth. All was lost.

ROYC75
09-24-2019, 03:24 PM
Oh hum, NCAA has to show something in way of punishment or else is looking like the parent with an out of controlled kid. Now there will ( is )probably be some way the kid ( KU ) gets off in court. Why too much $$$ to be made of the KU draw.

smithandrew051
09-24-2019, 03:29 PM
Why? If we did something we should be punished. Why do you care about others? If my kid gets in trouble at school I don’t say “Well I just want the other kids nailed too”.

The NCAA will need to bring something really strong to accuse Self (25 years without a single probation and in the Hall of Fame). Either they have it or they don’t. If they don’t then this isn’t even a problem

If we did something, we deserve the punishment. We agree there.

We would also be naive to assume that this is a Kansas issue though. If the rumored (not yet substantiated) allegations are true, then Maryland and Duke (at a minimum) need to be investigated for similar actions. If they’re found guilty as well, then they should receive a similar punishment.

My hope is that they don’t throw the book at Kansas as a show. I don’t want the NCAA to pretend that this is just a Kansas issue.

notorious
09-24-2019, 03:30 PM
N. Carolina took a massive shit on everything that’s good and decent about the rules.

If they hammer KU, once again the NCAA shows how big a joke they are.

Kiimo
09-24-2019, 03:51 PM
“Lo a great phog of cheating enveloped the Jayhawk Homeland and decimation, humiliation and loss of institutional control was a plague upon the land. Women wept, little Jayhawks cried like it was a tourney game. And upon the land a great baldness came upon all Jayhawk cheaters.

The multitudes of JoCo soy boys lamented, “why did Roy forsaketh us? Why has our bird with shoes been so dishonored?” There was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth. All was lost.

You sound like a 12 year old Kentucky fan from 2006

moronic

Imon Yourside
09-24-2019, 03:53 PM

moronic

Little man syndrome is a real thing!

Buehler445
09-24-2019, 04:07 PM

Because you’re being obtuse if you think we’re the only one that have violated rules.

ChiefaRoo
09-24-2019, 04:09 PM

moronic

Self is the new Tom Brady.

ChiefaRoo
09-24-2019, 04:11 PM
Little man syndrome is a real thing!

Do you know what else is real? Sanctions, loss of scholarships and vacating wins.

DrunkBassGuitar
09-24-2019, 04:17 PM
If KU was really concerned over this, why the hell would they have recently signed an extension with adidas?

All schools bend.......if the ncaa wants to crack down, it needs to be a broad stroke, not just one or two sacrifices.

But the NCAA loves their money too......so im assuming this will be a role play, to satisfy the feds.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The NCAA has to save face.

If they really wanted to crack down, they would say no more relationships between apparel companies and universities. That ain't happening

Prison Bitch
09-24-2019, 04:33 PM
Because you’re being obtuse if you think we’re the only one that have violated rules.

Yeah, because that’s what I said. (Smacks you upside the head)

RaidersOftheCellar
09-24-2019, 04:41 PM
N. Carolina took a massive shit on everything that’s good and decent about the rules.

If they hammer KU, once again the NCAA shows how big a joke they are.

So you may have been involved or at least known about a $2500 payment? You’re done for, scum.

Fake classes for decades? Hey—don’t sweat it!

Buehler445
09-24-2019, 04:44 PM
Yeah, because that’s what I said. (Smacks you upside the head)

Not to put words in anyone elses mouth, but let’s review:

KU fans: if KU goes down, I hope everyone else does too!

PB: WTF we broke the rules we need to be punished. Why would you think everyone else needs to be punished too?

Buehler445: because we are obviously not the only ones cheating.

That is to say that if we get punished for providing benefits to kids, everybody else that is doing the same shit - everyone - including Wichita State - better get punished too.

So why are you smacking me upside the head again?

Prison Bitch
09-24-2019, 11:49 PM
So you may have been involved or at least known about a $2500 payment? You’re done for, scum.

Fake classes for decades? Hey—don’t sweat it!

Technically, the Federal jury ruled Kansas didn’t know about it. The Federal judge ordered restitution be paid to Kansas for being a victim of fraud. Judge also refused to share docs with the NCAA calling them “all speculation”.

So the NCAA has to say the Federal courts were wrong, or irrelevant. IF this were a criminal complaint it’d already be dropped, but the NCAA doesn’t work that way.

Prison Bitch
09-25-2019, 06:59 AM
Conversation

Dan Dakich
@dandakich

Gotta be much more..Self texting “gotta get some real guys” can’t possibly be a violation or even an indication of a potential violation..Kansas basketball, Bill Self hit with NCAA violations

ROYC75
09-25-2019, 07:56 AM
Yeehaw, as if the haters didn't have enough to hate on, this is going to make them hate more!

This is going to be a fun thread just listening to all the whiny babies cry.

dlphg9
09-25-2019, 08:27 AM
Thought I had post this yesterday, but they had some guy on 610 (didn't catch his name). He was saying that the NCAA can't make Kansas to fire Bill Self, but they can pile on the infractions and basically force them to fire him. He said that's what the NCAA wants, Self gone from Kansas. I haven't read the thread, so I don't know if that's something that has been posted. Before yesterday I had not heard anything about them wanting Self fired.

RaidersOftheCellar
09-25-2019, 10:45 AM
The FBI uncovered documents that linked players from about 30 schools to specific payments and payment sources.

Why is the NCAA only investigating/punishing a few schools?

RaidersOftheCellar
09-25-2019, 10:49 AM
Thought I had post this yesterday, but they had some guy on 610 (didn't catch his name). He was saying that the NCAA can't make Kansas to fire Bill Self, but they can pile on the infractions and basically force them to fire him. He said that's what the NCAA wants, Self gone from Kansas. I haven't read the thread, so I don't know if that's something that has been posted. Before yesterday I had not heard anything about them wanting Self fired.

Some idiot from USA Today wrote an article with a catchy little headline like "Bill Self: NCAA thinks you're a cheater and wants you out of college basketball!"

Then went on to write nothing in the body that backed this up in any way. Insane agendas abound.

Prison Bitch
09-25-2019, 10:58 AM
The FBI uncovered documents that linked players from about 30 schools to specific payments and payment sources.

Why is the NCAA only investigating/punishing a few schools?

Because The FBI isn’t turning over their documents. That’s been said before here. The NCAA is gojng off of verbal testimonies made in the court cases

RaidersOftheCellar
09-25-2019, 11:03 AM
Because The FBI isn’t turning over their documents. That’s been said before here. The NCAA is gojng off of verbal testimonies made in the court cases

Right, but enough information was released for them to at least investigate some of these schools.

But even if it's only based on verbal testimonies, doesn't that include testimony regarding Zion's family's demands? Why aren't they investigating that?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-25-2019, 11:04 AM
Either punish them all or end the stupid act like it matters. Everyone knows they (and others) pay players. No secret. NCAA just needs to stop pretending that these programs are clean.

RaidersOftheCellar
09-25-2019, 11:09 AM
Either punish them all or end the stupid act like it matters. Everyone knows they (and others) pay players. No secret. NCAA just needs to stop pretending that these programs are clean.

It happens at just about every power 5 program and some midmajors too.

Dawkins alone has been linked to about 25 programs, including Utah, Wichita St, South Carolina, etc.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-25-2019, 11:11 AM
It happens at just about every power 5 program and some midmajors too.

Dawkins alone has been linked to about 25 programs, including Utah, Wichita St, South Carolina, etc.

Yup and everyone other than some delusional blue blood :whackit: fans have said it for years. No one gives a fuck that they do it either. It harms no one. End the charade

BWillie
09-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Conversation

Dan Dakich
@dandakich

Gotta be much more..Self texting “gotta get some real guys” can’t possibly be a violation or even an indication of a potential violation..Kansas basketball, Bill Self hit with NCAA violations

If you have to rely on Dan Dakich defending you, this is not good.

Also, Why do you guys equate the NCAA to a court proceeding? It is not the same. The NCAA doesn't have to do shit. The only thing KU can really do is fight the punishment severity - not the NCAA findings.

Kudos to the NCAA for having some balls and trying to clean this stuff up, even if it does come at the hand of dethroning us.

Chiefspants
09-25-2019, 12:03 PM
Kudos to the NCAA for having some balls and trying to clean this stuff up, even if it does come at the hand of dethroning us.

If that were true, the NCAA would end the relationship between apparel companies and their partnered schools.

T-post Tom
09-25-2019, 12:04 PM

Also, Why do you guys equate the NCAA to a court proceeding? It is not the same. The NCAA doesn't have to do shit. The only thing KU can really do is fight the punishment severity - not the NCAA findings.

KU can potentially have all charges dropped

Prison Bitch
09-25-2019, 12:22 PM

Non responsive, worthless, juvenile, dumb^

Also, Why do you guys equate the NCAA to a court proceeding? It is not the same.

I already stated that.

The NCAA doesn't have to do shit.

Why did they send out a notice then? Why didn’t they just mail the probation terms instead?

The only thing KU can really do is fight the punishment severity - not the NCAA findings.

Explain DeSousa winning his appeal then.

They have zero interest “cleaning up” anything. If they banned all show company involvement in the sport I’ll start to believe you.

Prison Bitch
09-25-2019, 12:36 PM
Right, but enough information was released for them to at least investigate some of these schools.

Well, it was also public. KU had a lawyer present for the trials, he attended anonymously and took notes. Others did too. Judge just isn’t releasing wiretaps, secret discussions, etc that Prosecutors didn’t display at the case.

But even if it's only based on verbal testimonies, doesn't that include testimony regarding Zion's family's demands? Why aren't they investigating that?

I don’t think they are investigating verbal accusations per se (Grotto claimed Self told him directly to pay Preston). It’s the text message exchanges with Self and Townsend that they believe are evidence and that will be the focus.

I’ve said it before: I assume there is much more than this 1 lame exchange with Gassnola.

Lzen
09-25-2019, 12:39 PM

Why do you say this? And KU doesn't have to have Dan Dakich defending them. He's right, though.

Lzen
09-25-2019, 12:41 PM

If the Shockers run a clean program then why the VanFleet association?

As for KU, I have a feeling that this is not gonna turn out the way you think. And btw, your troll game is very lame.

Lzen
09-25-2019, 12:43 PM
They have zero interest “cleaning up” anything. If they banned all show company involvement in the sport I’ll start to believe you.

Another indication that they have zero interest in cleaning up anything is that they aren't going after programs such as Duke and Kentucky. Everyone knows they are cheating.

Chiefspants
09-25-2019, 12:49 PM
WSU MIGHT HAVE CHEATED WITH VANVLEET BUT WE DID IT THE ETHICAL WAY!!!!!

LMAO

If Bill Self charged rent for how often he's required in some of these folks heads, he'd have enough to pay off the tourney refs as well!

Mr_Tomahawk
09-25-2019, 01:13 PM
Has there been any indication "when" the NCAA will announce the punishment?

If anything, I hate having this thing drag throughout the season. Rip the band-Aid off quickly.

Mr. Plow
09-25-2019, 01:34 PM

LMAO

Prison Bitch
09-25-2019, 01:47 PM
Has there been any indication "when" the NCAA will announce the punishment?

If anything, I hate having this thing drag throughout the season.

90 days for us to respond (that’s Christmas), another 60 for them to reply back, then the inevitable appeal. You’re good for this season since nothing will happen until next year.

Rip the band aid off quickly

Boy I sure hope to do business with you someday, so I can take advantage of you. But in the real world, when your career (and company’s millions) are in the line, you punch back hard and often.

BWillie
09-25-2019, 02:00 PM
If that were true, the NCAA would end the relationship between apparel companies and their partnered schools.

They should - but at the end of the day the NCAA is still a conglomerate of schools it represents so there is quite a bit of nuance in the situation.

I hope that is the next step.

BWillie
09-25-2019, 02:04 PM
WSU MIGHT HAVE CHEATED WITH VANVLEET BUT WE DID IT THE ETHICAL WAY!!!!!

LMAO

If Bill Self charged rent for how often he's required in some of these folks heads, he'd have enough to pay off the tourney refs as well!

Wichita State, K-State. They are all cheating. Kansas unfortunately just got caught due to FBI wiretaps. It's unfortunate and it is the result of the NCAA being frustrated for not being able to have evidence to punish schools. The NCAA governing body has very little power to do anything most of the time because they don't have subpoena power and they routinely get stonewalled by the player, players family, school and sometimes even local authorities when they do try to do an investigation. It's one of the reasons why their investigations take so long. The coach and "victim" school will just blame the NCAA - and the social media crowd will jump on board like lemmings crucifying the NCAA.

I really don't fault the NCAA much. They are forced to be the NBA's minor league system because the NBA imposes a discriminatory rule that forces some of the top talent to go to college basketball. This whole idea that the NCAA wants the one in done rule is ridiculous. 98% of institution schools do not want these kids coming to the NCAA because they always end up going to a blue blood anyway - and get paid from the apparel company who has the top dog contract: Adidas - Kansas, Nike - Duke, UNC etc. If you had an honest conversation with Bill Self or Coach K about if they liked the OAD rule - I bet they would prefer to not have it. It would make their job alot easier and they wouldn't have so much roster turnover every year and would get to actually build a team instead of a rent a player, but they kind of have to go after those kids because if they don't - someone else will.

BWillie
09-25-2019, 02:28 PM
Non responsive, worthless, juvenile, dumb^

I already stated that.

Why did they send out a notice then? Why didn’t they just mail the probation terms instead?

Explain DeSousa winning his appeal then.

If they won - he wouldn't have been suspended at all. Like I said, they are only going to be able to fight the punishment levied, like they did in the DeSousa case.

Prison Bitch
09-25-2019, 04:08 PM
If they won - he wouldn't have been suspended at all. Like I said, they are only going to be able to fight the punishment levied, like they did in the DeSousa case.

:doh!: I think we’re just talking past each other at this point.

Tinker Dill
09-25-2019, 05:40 PM
This could seal the NCCA's death. The big 5 will say goodbye like they did in footbal. Lose the BB tournament money they done.

Lzen
09-26-2019, 07:21 AM
This could seal the NCCA's death. The big 5 will say goodbye like they did in footbal. Lose the BB tournament money they done.

Say what?:spock:

Prison Bitch
09-26-2019, 08:32 AM
Here’s the document:

https://publicaffairs.ku.edu/sites/publicaffairs.ku.edu/files/docs/NOA%20to%20KU.pdf

Titty Meat
09-26-2019, 10:25 AM
Here’s the document:

https://publicaffairs.ku.edu/sites/publicaffairs.ku.edu/files/docs/NOA%20to%20KU.pdf

Self is done

Prison Bitch
09-26-2019, 10:50 AM
Our old friend Larry Brown makes an appearance in the allegations notice, lulz

BryanBusby
09-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Self is done
If only they were a pure and clean program like the Huskers

RaidersOftheCellar
09-26-2019, 12:00 PM
Self is done

As far as I know, they have nothing on Self other than vague text messages. He could claim that he merely wanted Gassnola to put in a good word.

Gassnola's testimony that Self had no knowledge of payment, and the fact that the FBI determined KU to be a "victim of fraud" will severely hurt the NCAA's case.

Prison Bitch
09-26-2019, 12:11 PM
As far as I know, they have nothing on Self other than vague text messages. He could claim that he merely wanted Gassnola to put in a good word.

Gassnola's testimony that Self had no knowledge of payment, and the fact that the FBI determined KU to be a "victim of fraud" will severely hurt the NCAA's case.

NCAA is claiming Gassnola is a booster and they cannot by rule be allowed to help the program in any way re: recruiting. In the Doc they are defining Gassnola as a “representative of the Intitution”. And an Adidas employee too. That means booster.

They are not claiming Self paid Gassnola. They are not claiming Self KNEW Gassnola was paying anyone or even offering to. None of it matters - Self used a booster to help him recruit.

Reading thru this it’s clear there’s only one way around it: prove Gassnola isn’t a booster. (Or the term is so vague it’s impossible to define who is)

Mr. Plow
09-26-2019, 12:35 PM
I skimmed through it. Seems like there is a lot of "Self either knew or he should have known" language in it.

BWillie
09-26-2019, 12:51 PM
NCAA is claiming Gassnola is a booster and they cannot by rule be allowed to help the program in any way re: recruiting. In the Doc they are defining Gassnola as a “representative of the Intitution”. And an Adidas employee too. That means booster.

They are not claiming Self paid Gassnola. They are not claiming Self KNEW Gassnola was paying anyone or even offering to. None of it matters - Self used a booster to help him recruit.

Reading thru this it’s clear there’s only one way around it: prove Gassnola isn’t a booster. (Or the term is so vague it’s impossible to define who is)

I mean, thats what happened isnt it?. Self knows what Gass and Addidas are doing. Everyone knows. The other coaches do it too. NCAA was finally able to get some evidence to dispute KU and Self didn't have plausible deniability

ROYC75
09-26-2019, 01:19 PM
KU only th agreed to say Gassnola as a rep to clear DeSousa. KU wasn't/wouldn't say this since it was promised by NCAA it would have any repercussions in this trial. That statement back then to clear Silvio should have some weight in this as a broken commitment by the NCAA in federal court.

sedated
09-26-2019, 01:59 PM
NReading thru this it’s clear there’s only one way around it: prove Gassnola isn’t a booster. (Or the term is so vague it’s impossible to define who is)

The biggest problem is one KU created - as part of the last appeal for SDS, KU themselves classified Gassnola as a booster.

Either KU was ready for this and has a way around it, or the NCAA played KU like fools and had them seal their own fate.

Mr. Plow
09-26-2019, 02:25 PM
The biggest problem is one KU created - as part of the last appeal for SDS, KU themselves classified Gassnola as a booster.

Either KU was ready for this and has a way around it, or the NCAA played KU like fools and had them seal their own fate.

I can't image KU would be dumb enough to fall for "Well, if you say he's a booster, we'll let SDS play" without some sort of protection in this type of case, but what do I know.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-26-2019, 02:31 PM
They got busted. Time to pay the crime. Which is just a bullshit dog and pony show by the NCAA to pretend this stuff doesn't exist everywhere. The Beakers are a fall guy and it's a crock of shit

Prison Bitch
09-26-2019, 02:48 PM
My buddy familiar with insiders texted me these notes - we shall see if his info is good:

Kinda sorta what you said. They’ve already internally to go after the booster destination and will argue these guys work for multiple programs hence not boosters.

They don’t work for Kansas at all, they work for Adidas helping their portfolio of schools. It’s therefoe impossible they can be tied to any 1 school. They’re indiff to whether recruit goes to Kansas or Arizona. This argument will be released in the next month or two”

RaidersOftheCellar
09-26-2019, 03:48 PM

I thought their claim is that Self knew or should have known about payment?

If they're only claiming that Self expected an "assist" from Gassnola, I can't imagine the punishment would be that severe. They can't justify a postseason ban for that.