PDA

View Full Version : KU *****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Reerun_KC
02-24-2020, 08:25 PM
Kansas radio guy is horrible. Like masturbation with a cheese grader horrible.

KCFalcon59
02-24-2020, 08:40 PM
Kansas radio guy is horrible. Like masturbation with a cheese grader horrible.

He's not quite Stan Weber horrible, but he does suck. Hate listening to him.

smithandrew051
02-24-2020, 08:55 PM
I’m definitely not afraid of this team losing an ugly game in March. We definitely know how to handle shit when it’s ugly.

Titty Meat
02-24-2020, 08:58 PM
Since WVU lost there are only 3 teams above .500 in the league. Pretty bad year for the big 12

That's where I was going with the Baylor stuff they are a good team but people like PB overrate them because there record just like SDSU. Neither of those teams would probably be in the top 10 if they were in the B1G.

KU on the other hand has stupid amounts of talent. I got them winning it all this year the only thing I think that could beat them in the tournament is a team like Oregon a few years ago, Nova a few years ago and last years Auburn team that can light it up from 3 still dont think they have enough shooting power to match that kind of performance still.

Buehler445
02-24-2020, 09:22 PM
He's not quite Stan Weber horrible, but he does suck. Hate listening to him.

LOL. Stan Weber.

He’s better than he was at the beginning. I enjoy broadcasts now when I’m in the field, but it was rough early on. Chris Piper is the guy I really miss.

RustShack
02-24-2020, 09:25 PM
Since WVU lost there are only 3 teams above .500 in the league. Pretty bad year for the big 12

That’s usually how it goes when two of the top teams are in the same conference. Wins have to come from somewhere. That’s why everyone thinks the B1G and SEC are so good, their top teams usually get to avoid the other good teams. Big12 is usually better across the board and beat up on each other.

Buehler445
02-24-2020, 09:30 PM
That's where I was going with the Baylor stuff they are a good team but people like PB overrate them because there record just like SDSU. Neither of those teams would probably be in the top 10 if they were in the B1G.

KU on the other hand has stupid amounts of talent. I got them winning it all this year the only thing I think that could beat them in the tournament is a team like Oregon a few years ago, Nova a few years ago and last years Auburn team that can light it up from 3 still dont think they have enough shooting power to match that kind of performance still.

Baylor is good. I’m betting they’d be top 10 in the Big10. Other Baylor teams were soft. Even ones with more talent. But this team is different than those teams.

Both Baylor and KU have played some garbage teams, but they’re good man. Sure, Doke made Baylor look silly but they took their best defender and said you got him and got burned Gillespie is a hell of a defender. Doke is just on a different level right now.

Doesn’t mean they’d get housed like that in the Big.

KC_Connection
02-24-2020, 10:15 PM
There's little to say after that blowout, but Jankovitch could be the worst walk-on we've ever had. Fumbled 2 balls there on passes right to him and the team went like -11 in 2.5 minutes. LMAO

Buehler445
02-24-2020, 10:22 PM
There's little to say after that blowout, but Jankovitch could be the worst walk-on we've ever had. Fumbled 2 balls there on passes right to him and the team went like -11 in 2.5 minutes. LMAO

Yeah. That was rough. Crowd REALLY wanted Teahans shot to go in.

BigRedChief
02-24-2020, 10:25 PM
There's little to say after that blowout, but Jankovitch could be the worst walk-on we've ever had. Fumbled 2 balls there on passes right to him and the team went like -11 in 2.5 minutes. LMAO:eek: a great blowout win after a hard fought road win and your going to pick on a walk on? life must be pretty pretty good for KU fans. :hmmm:

KC_Connection
02-24-2020, 10:27 PM
Yeah. That was rough. Crowd REALLY wanted Teahans shot to go in.
Teahan at least can shoot (I think), he made one of those earlier this year. Also forgot that Jankovitch also got blocked from the 3PT line as well during the stretch.

The best walk-ons in recent memory were probably Connor Teahan and Justin Wesley (who both eventually got scholarships).

Buehler445
02-24-2020, 10:29 PM
Teahan at least can shoot (I think), he made one of those earlier this year. Also forgot that Jankovitch also got blocked from the 3PT line as well during the stretch.

The best walk-ons in recent memory were probably Connor Teahan and Justin Wesley (who both eventually got scholarships).

Morningstar was technically a walk on after his dad covered his costs to get another scholarship.

KC_Connection
02-24-2020, 10:31 PM
Morningstar was technically a walk on after his dad covered his costs to get another scholarship.
Ah, yes. I also forgot about Moody.

Prison Bitch
02-24-2020, 11:33 PM
Minor quibble....why are the starters in +33 with 5 to go?

KC_Connection
02-24-2020, 11:47 PM
Minor quibble....why are the starters in +33 with 5 to go?
Probably because Self knows if you put Jankovitch in with five minutes to go rather than two and a half, the 30 point lead will get down to a 10 point lead.

But yeah, it shouldn't be happening.

BWillie
02-25-2020, 12:01 AM

Really bad opinion. Jank is actually one of the better shooters on the team and has some size. Hes actually one of our better walk ons we've had at least of recent years when we had Self, Manning, and Christian Garrett. Manning at least learned to handle the ball some but those guys might not have even been NAIA players.

Jank could have played D2 or a reserve at some bad mid majors.

KC_Connection
02-25-2020, 12:04 AM
Really bad opinion. Jank is actually one of the better shooters on the team and has some size. Hes actually one of our better walk ons we've had at least of recent years when we had Self, Manning, and Christian Garrett. Manning at least learned to handle the ball some but those guys might not have even been NAIA players.

Jank could have played D2 or a reserve at some bad mid majors.

lol he's not a scholarship player at a mid major, that's insane LMAO

Titty Meat
02-25-2020, 01:44 AM
Baylor is good. I’m betting they’d be top 10 in the Big10. Other Baylor teams were soft. Even ones with more talent. But this team is different than those teams.

Both Baylor and KU have played some garbage teams, but they’re good man. Sure, Doke made Baylor look silly but they took their best defender and said you got him and got burned Gillespie is a hell of a defender. Doke is just on a different level right now.

Doesn’t mean they’d get housed like that in the Big.

I'm not arguing they aren't good but they do struggle at times to score and have gotten away with it playing teams like Texas, K-State, etc. Do that in the B1G against sans 4 teams they def have more losses.

My bigger point is with my thinking was while they are good at defense KU is the best in the nation and with Baylor struggling on offense at times KU has the talent to overcome their defense thus setting up for a potential blowout.

Regardless I was wrong in my assumption whatever. I think KU goes all the way, I see Baylor not even making the Elite 8.

BWillie
02-25-2020, 08:25 AM
lol he's not a scholarship player at a mid major, that's insane LMAO

He actually had an offer from D1 program Utah State for a scholarship.

He avg 14 ppg as a junior at Dallas Jesuit who went 30-6. Then he transferred to Northfield Mount Hermon, which is a well known basketball prep school and he drained 50 three pointers his senior year there. In 2019 they beat renowned Brewster Academy in the 2019 NEPSAC AAA Championship game where Jank hit four three pointers.

BigRedChief
02-25-2020, 08:56 AM
I cant believe the conversation in here over a walk on, mop up player. Who gives a ****? They are not going to see the floor except for a blowout. We have the best team in college basketball. A team that should play well in the NCAA tournament. We should be the favorites to win it all.

We are seeing Doke reach his full potential. Dotson is rolling. Two of the best players in all of college basketball on the same team. Our team. Garrett, if he is not the best defender, is a top defender in the game. We are going to win another championship this year. Its the salad days right now.

Reerun_KC
02-25-2020, 10:00 AM
Dotson wants a 3. He got a three.

Fansy the Famous Bard
02-25-2020, 10:11 AM
Best part of the game was Doke's free throws last night. Can really see all the work he's put in.

KC_Connection
02-25-2020, 10:32 AM
He actually had an offer from D1 program Utah State for a scholarship.

If there's actual proof of that somewhere, I'll totally concede. My initial statement (about him being the worst of all time) was obviously entirely exaggerative anyway. Didn't know we had his biggest fan here though.

KC_Connection
02-25-2020, 10:34 AM
Best part of the game was Doke's free throws last night. Can really see all the work he's put in.
Apparently he hits FTs like that in practice all the time. And yesterday's game essentially was practice. I think it's just the pressure that gets to him, he overthinks it.

Buehler445
02-25-2020, 10:40 AM

I think there might be some luck he’s getting there.

Did you see the one he missed?

BWillie
02-25-2020, 10:46 AM
If there's actual proof of that somewhere, I'll totally concede. My initial statement (about him being the worst of all time) was obviously entirely exaggerative anyway. Didn't know we had his biggest fan here though.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article230859364.html

Here is an article that said he "heard" from Utah State, Texas State, Brown, Dartmouth and others.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/2019/05/26/michael-jankovich-son-of-smu-head-coach-tim-jankovich-invited-to-walk-on-at-kansas/

Here is an article confirming he received an offer from D1 Utah State, per 247 sports recruiting.

smithandrew051
02-25-2020, 11:19 AM
We must be having a great season, if we’re actually debating which walk ons are the best

Kiimo
02-25-2020, 12:24 PM
Didn't Jank dribble off his own leg and turn it over last night?

If so lmao

Prison Bitch
02-25-2020, 01:59 PM
IWe are going to win another championship this year. Its the salad days right now.

Do we even WANT another title? I mean jeez isnt anyone getting tired of all the titles, the parades, the glory? Seems kinda selfish that we hog everything in sports lately.

Plus the cost of memorabilia and gear. Rising ticket prices. Rising fan arrogance. Endless bandwagon fans hopping on our shoulders across the country. Living in TitleTown isn’t cheap financially or psychologically.

BWillie
02-25-2020, 02:11 PM
Do we even WANT another title? I mean jeez isnt anyone getting tired of all the titles, the parades, the glory? Seems kinda selfish that we hog everything in sports lately.

Plus the cost of memorabilia and gear. Rising ticket prices. Rising fan arrogance. Endless bandwagon fans hopping on our shoulders across the country. Living in TitleTown isn’t cheap financially or psychologically.

I was just thinking about this the other day. You have to consider the 9 Super Bowls the Chiefs are about to win as will. Victory is imminent.

Lzen
02-25-2020, 02:12 PM
Lived in the KC metro area for 19 years. I never made it over to Allen Fieldhouse. Always said next year, next game, next month and eventually moved out of the area. Now, I’m saying when I come back to visit family and friends. :shake:

Game was fun last night. I wasn't saying I had never been to a KU basketball game, just never a Big Monday game. Actually, I think the only conference game I've ever been to was when I was a kid and it was a school trip against Nebraska. As an adult, I have attended a few games over the years, but they have always been non-conference opponents because I'm cheap, I guess. :)

BWillie
02-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Game was fun last night. I wasn't saying I had never been to a KU basketball game, just never a Big Monday game. Actually, I think the only conference game I've ever been to was when I was a kid and it was a school trip against Nebraska. As an adult, I have attended a few games over the years, but they have always been non-conference opponents because I'm cheap, I guess. :)

Did you get the blue or the red shirt?

Lzen
02-25-2020, 02:21 PM
Did you get the blue or the red shirt?

Blue

Lzen
02-25-2020, 02:22 PM
Oh hey, that reminds me. Where do you go to see that 360 degree photo of the fans in the Fieldhouse?

Chief Pagan
02-25-2020, 02:33 PM
Apparently he hits FTs like that in practice all the time. And yesterday's game essentially was practice. I think it's just the pressure that gets to him, he overthinks it.

Dok is doing better keeping his elbow in but he frequently shoots with a jerky short arm motion.

If he could always do a smooth follow through I could see him easily being 60+ percent.

KC_Connection
02-25-2020, 02:42 PM

Being KenPom #1 is enough for me. :)

KC_Connection
02-25-2020, 02:43 PM
Dok is doing better keeping his elbow in but he frequently shoots with a jerky short arm motion.

If he could always do a smooth follow through I could see him easily being 60+ percent.
Indeed. I think he’s going to need to shoot at least that to stay in the NBA.

RockChalk
02-25-2020, 03:22 PM
Bwillie - need to know where you ended up for dinner?

BWillie
02-25-2020, 03:30 PM
Bwillie - need to know where you ended up for dinner?

Ended up not having enough time :(

Wanted to try the taco place you mentioned but didn't get around to it.

RaidersOftheCellar
02-25-2020, 03:34 PM
Did somebody seriously say that Baylor wouldn't finish in the top 10 in the Big 10?

LOL

You do realize that Maryland is the best team in the Big 10, right? And that they're coached by Mark Turgeon? Penn St #2? I mean, are you kidding?

BWillie
02-25-2020, 03:45 PM
Did somebody seriously say that Baylor wouldn't finish in the top 10 in the Big 10?

LOL

You do realize that Maryland is the best team in the Big 10, right? And that they're coached by Mark Turgeon? Penn St #2? I mean, are you kidding?

Tons of mediocre teams in the Big 10. Tons of them. Texas Tech might win the Big 10.

BWillie
02-25-2020, 03:52 PM
Oh hey, that reminds me. Where do you go to see that 360 degree photo of the fans in the Fieldhouse?

https://gigapixel.panoramas.com/kansas/basketball/20200224/?utm_source=kansas&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=kansas2020

Prison Bitch
02-25-2020, 05:15 PM
Being KenPom #1 is enough for me. :)

That sucked when you couldn’t enjoy the Raptors title.

Buehler445
02-25-2020, 05:45 PM

LOL

It’s Billay.

Titty Meat
02-25-2020, 06:33 PM
It’s Billay.

I said they wouldnt be ranked in the top 10. The Big 12 isnt good this year and Baylor has benefited from it.

Pablo
02-25-2020, 07:00 PM

Week long birthday party?

Buehler445
02-25-2020, 08:08 PM
I said they wouldnt be ranked in the top 10. The Big 12 isnt good this year and Baylor has benefited from it.

I bet theyd still be too 10. They’re good.

RockChalk
02-26-2020, 09:01 AM

You are not a good evaluator of basketball. I need that on the record.

Baylor is a Top 5 team, undisputed. They will be in the Elite 8, minimum. Along with KU, the have one of the better all-around defenses.

KC_Connection
02-26-2020, 09:21 AM
Can you imagine if KU played a Bof7 series against any other team in the country rather than a one-and-done crapshoot to end this season? They'd wipe the floor with all of them.

smithandrew051
02-26-2020, 09:30 AM
Can you imagine if KU played a Bof7 series against any other team in the country rather than a one-and-done crapshoot to end this season? They'd wipe the floor with all of them.

Or how about a 7-game series in 2010?

That UK-KU final would’ve been awesome. KU takes it though.

BWillie
02-26-2020, 09:43 AM

Or was able to play NCAA Tournament games at Allen Fieldhouse.

I think playing neutral site games is ridiculous, at least until the Final Four.

Prison Bitch
02-26-2020, 09:44 AM

What would that change? Golden State > Toronto but playing a 7 game didn’t change the outcome, still an upset

Lzen
02-26-2020, 11:11 AM
What would that change? Golden State > Toronto but playing a 7 game didn’t change the outcome, still an upset

But were they better, especially once Durant went down?

Lzen
02-26-2020, 11:12 AM

I think playing neutral site games is ridiculous, at least until the Final Four.

I'm good with this. :)

Don't the women play a couple of rounds at home? And for that matter, they have quarters while the men's game is still in halves. Why is it different?

KC_Connection
02-26-2020, 11:15 AM
Toronto was better than Golden State (without Durant). Fortunately they had a chance to prove it over a seven game home-and-home series rather than how the NCAA decides their champion.

KC_Connection
02-26-2020, 11:18 AM

Yes the NCAA has decided to stick with a system that badly hinders the best teams and renders the entire 30+ game regular season all but meaningless.

KU is going to be favoured to win the tournament this season but the odds are it happening are still going to be not much more than 15-20% at most.

Chief Pagan
02-26-2020, 12:56 PM
I think the 1 seeds should be able to play at home the first two weekends.

Alternatively, the NCAA should schedule sites in advance and the 1 seeds should always get the closest location. Which would mean the Jayhawks playing in KC any year they were a 1 seed.

I also think the 1 seeds should be able to pick their opponent from any team in their region.

But the networks love their upsets.

Kiimo
02-26-2020, 01:03 PM
I have seen Kansas lose too many times in KC, I don't think it does much.

BigRedChief
02-26-2020, 01:09 PM
KU is going to be favoured to win the tournament this season but the odds are it happening are still going to be not much more than 15-20% at most.Thats about the best odds to win the Super Bowl the Chiefs will have every year, even with Mahomes. You have to catch a few breaks, get some luck or a ball bounce your way, a call go your way at some point towards a championship. Fitzmagic, Ravens losing for example

smithandrew051
02-26-2020, 01:12 PM
I would prefer a 16-team tourney with all 3-game series. I’d rather see the actual best team win it all.

Prison Bitch
02-26-2020, 05:31 PM
Toronto was better than Golden State (without Durant). Fortunately they had a chance to prove it over a seven game home-and-home series rather than how the NCAA decides their champion.

It’s just a bummer you weren’t able to celebrate a title for Toronto since they weren’t the best team that year.

PHOG
02-26-2020, 07:22 PM
Thats about the best odds to win the Super Bowl the Chiefs will have every year, even with Mahomes. You have to catch a few breaks, get some luck or a ball bounce your way, a call go your way at some point towards a championship. Fitzmagic, Ravens losing for example
We would have beat the Ravens too. Fuck them.

BigRedChief
02-26-2020, 07:32 PM
We would have beat the Ravens too. **** them.
I think so too. Team of destiny etc. I was just saying the odds changed to help us. We had more room for error.

smithandrew051
02-26-2020, 07:42 PM
The Chiefs probably had more bad luck than good luck this year

KC_Connection
02-26-2020, 10:38 PM
It’s just a bummer you weren’t able to celebrate a title for Toronto since they weren’t the best team that year.
I'm sure that's what Warriors fans tell themselves. Unfortunately for them, injuries are part of sports.

arrowheadnation
02-26-2020, 10:41 PM
If both KU and Chiefs win their respective championships this year....bruh...

Buehler445
02-26-2020, 10:45 PM

Long way to go brolihulihan.

Chief Pagan
02-26-2020, 10:56 PM
The Chiefs probably had more bad luck than good luck this year

First SB in 50 years.

May the Chiefs luck be just as bad next year.

Lzen
02-27-2020, 09:30 AM

Stop jamming up this thread with your petty bickering. The point has already been made. No need to keep drilling it.

Lzen
02-27-2020, 09:32 AM

I can dream. :thumb:

But yeah, like Bueller said, long way to go.

RaidersOftheCellar
02-27-2020, 10:04 AM

Top half is pretty good. Bottom half is trash.

Every league either lacks depth or quality teams at the top.

RaidersOftheCellar
02-27-2020, 10:22 AM
Tons of mediocre teams in the Big 10. Tons of them. Texas Tech might win the Big 10.

Just look at the top Big 10 teams and what they did out of conference. Not that impressive. Granted, teams can improve throughout the year, but most of them are veteran teams, not teams full of young and emerging talent.

Prison Bitch
02-27-2020, 10:32 AM
I'm sure that's what Warriors fans tell themselves. Unfortunately for them, injuries are part of sports.

Seems a bit lame to take a title knowing injuries gave it to you.

KC_Connection
02-27-2020, 02:42 PM
Seems a bit lame to take a title knowing injuries gave it to you.
If George Kittle couldn't play the 2nd half of that game a few weeks ago, I'm sure we'd give that one back too. It's only fair.

Pablo
02-27-2020, 02:51 PM
If George Kittle couldn't play the 2nd half of that game a few weeks ago, I'm sure we'd give that one back too. It's only fair.

Yeah, then he wouldn't have been out there to put up 12 yards or whatever he did in the second half.

Chiefspants
02-27-2020, 03:31 PM
Yeah, then he wouldn't have been out there to put up 12 yards or whatever he did in the second half.

CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT HIS BLOCKING THO

CasselGotPeedOn
02-27-2020, 03:59 PM
So I saw it posted on another site that the number 1 overall seed gets to pick their preferred first and second round site, and also their preferred region. Am I crazy for wanting to get the south region and play in Houston instead of Indianapolis? Indy would be at Lucas Oil, and I hate watching basketball played in a football stadium. I'd much rather go to Houston, especially considering there are gonna be quite a few teams from the midwest that will get put in that region that will be closer to Indy than we would be.

BigRedChief
02-27-2020, 05:28 PM
So I saw it posted on another site that the number 1 overall seed gets to pick their preferred first and second round site, and also their preferred regionyou believed that shit?:doh!:

The #1's are usually given sites close to their campus's but I've never heard of getting to pick your own site. How could they? Supposedly no one knows their seed or where they are going until the announcement on CBS late afternoon on Sunday.

CasselGotPeedOn
02-27-2020, 06:51 PM
you believed that shit?:doh!:

The #1's are usually given sites close to their campus's but I've never heard of getting to pick your own site. How could they? Supposedly no one knows their seed or where they are going until the announcement on CBS late afternoon on Sunday.

:doh!: Here you go:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article240704636.html

Bearcat
02-27-2020, 07:03 PM
you believed that shit?:doh!:

I imagine they would either either send a certified letter to the school with something along the lines of "Hello, Mr. Self, your team is the #1 overall seed. Where would you like to play? Please respond ASAP because by the time you receive this the tournament will be a day away lol" .....or the few teams that could possibly be #1 overall would choose ahead of time and send their preference via Pony Express.

BigRedChief
02-27-2020, 07:18 PM
:doh!: Here you go:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article240704636.htmlokay, recent rule change and only the #1 seed gets to chose. No idea. My bad. Sorry. :thumb:

KU, with the résumé it has built thus far, is in position to have some extra control regarding its Final Four path. A recent NCAA rule change makes it so that the overall No. 1 seed — and only that team — gets to select its sites for both the opening rounds and regional.

Prison Bitch
02-27-2020, 07:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EO2X2N6X4AI4eNb?format=jpg&name=medium

KC_Connection
02-27-2020, 08:49 PM
So I saw it posted on another site that the number 1 overall seed gets to pick their preferred first and second round site, and also their preferred region. Am I crazy for wanting to get the south region and play in Houston instead of Indianapolis? Indy would be at Lucas Oil, and I hate watching basketball played in a football stadium. I'd much rather go to Houston, especially considering there are gonna be quite a few teams from the midwest that will get put in that region that will be closer to Indy than we would be.
I expect they'll pick Houston if they get the choice. Easier for fans to get there and also more alums in the area.

BigRedChief
02-28-2020, 12:11 AM
I expect they'll pick Houston if they get the choice. Easier for fans to get there and also more alums in the area.Wheres the 2nd round if they play in Indy or Houston?

Prison Bitch
02-28-2020, 12:26 AM
I expect they'll pick Houston if they get the choice. Easier for fans to get there and also more alums in the area.

I highly doubt that

KC_Connection
02-28-2020, 01:08 AM
I highly doubt that
You would.

Mr. Plow
02-28-2020, 07:55 AM
Wheres the 2nd round if they play in Indy or Houston?

From the article above....

For the Jayhawks, Omaha, Nebraska is a lock to start; the Jayhawks are closest to that first and second round site and should have a huge contingent of fans following them there.

Lzen
02-28-2020, 08:32 AM

How do you figure? :spock:

KC_Connection
02-28-2020, 08:51 AM
How do you figure? :spock:
Also has the added benefit of being in an area where most of their prospective competition in the R16/E8 is nowhere close to being unlike Indy.

smithandrew051
02-28-2020, 10:17 AM
Also has the added benefit of being in an area where most of their prospective competition in the R16/E8 is nowhere close to being unlike Indy.

Picking Houston also blocks Baylor from getting Houston. If Baylor is the number 2 team in the nation, you might as well make it harder on them.

Buehler445
02-28-2020, 12:26 PM
Picking Houston also blocks Baylor from getting Houston. If Baylor is the number 2 team in the nation, you might as well make it harder on them.

Honestly, I doubt Self would do that to Drew.

Self plays to win, but he's not Belicheat level asshole.

He seems to have a good relationship with all the coaches in the league.

Demonpenz
02-28-2020, 12:42 PM
Self is going to send Baylor to the midwest. If he doesn't he is 1: a fool and 2: not doing what the damn system was set up for him to do.

Sorce
02-28-2020, 01:34 PM
Go to the city that is the least infected by the Coronavirus.

Mr. Plow
02-28-2020, 02:35 PM

I believe Drew is one of the coaches that most coaches don't like.

DJay23
02-28-2020, 08:02 PM

I agree. That doesn't sound like a Self thing to do.

CasselGotPeedOn
02-28-2020, 08:12 PM
It's not about doing what's worst for Baylor, it's what's best for us.

BWillie
02-28-2020, 08:56 PM

I don't understand how that would be cheating.

Buehler445
02-28-2020, 09:26 PM
I don't understand how that would be cheating.

It's absolutely not cheating. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's just a total asshole move where he's worried about other teams losing as he is winning.

It's a douche move that Belicheat would do.

CasselGotPeedOn
02-28-2020, 09:40 PM
I don't see it as a douche move, just strategy. I mean I also see it from the point of view that picking Indy would be a good move considering football stadiums can sometimes hinder good shooting teams, and since we don't really rely on the 3 anyway, it wouldn't hurt us as much as it might other teams. I'll trust whatever Self and his staff decide to do.

CasselGotPeedOn
02-28-2020, 09:47 PM
Of course I'm also getting way ahead of myself. We might not even end up as the #1 overall.

Buehler445
02-28-2020, 10:01 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't see taking Houston away from Baylor for not a ton of gain as something Self would do.

Self is going to believe that he can win anywhere.

But I could be all the way wrong on that too.

SithCeNtZ
02-28-2020, 10:15 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't see taking Houston away from Baylor for not a ton of gain as something Self would do.

Self is going to believe that he can win anywhere.

But I could be all the way wrong on that too.

I mean this is an objectively terrible argument. And I say this as a KU fan living in Indianapolis and wants to see us play. We are almost certainly going to be matched up to one or more of Dayton, UK, or Louisville, if not MSU. All of them have a much closer fan base. Assuming all arenas have bad sightlines, I'd much rather play in a place where we have the most fans. There is basically no chance we are out numbered in Houston, and several timelines where we are outnumbered in Indy. We can win anywhere or lose anywhere of course. We all saw us lose in KC against Oregon. But it's an upside downside game. Downside of Houston? Not much, if anything. Indy? We play the elite 8 in front of a huge crowd cheering against us. It's a no brainier.

Buehler445
02-28-2020, 10:18 PM
I mean this is an objectively terrible argument. And I say this as a KU fan living in Indianapolis and wants to see us play. We are almost certainly going to be matched up to one or more of Dayton, UK, or Louisville, if not MSU. All of them have a much closer fan base. Assuming all arenas have bad sightlines, I'd much rather play in a place where we have the most fans. There is basically no chance we are out numbered in Houston, and several timelines where we are outnumbered in Indy. We can win anywhere or lose anywhere of course. We all saw us lose in KC against Oregon. But it's an upside downside game. Downside of Houston? Not much, if anything. Indy? We play the elite 8 in front of a huge crowd cheering against us. It's a no brainier.
Yeah, we have no clue who is going to be in what bracket and KU won't either.

Like I said, I could be wrong. Just don't think Self would take Houston away from Baylor for the sake of doing it.

Bearcat
02-28-2020, 10:24 PM
It's fucking stupid to think Self would think about Baylor before his own team.

FFS, up by 3 with 7 seconds left, the guy will play defense 10 out of 10 times over fouling... and you think he'd opt to avoid competition against one particular team 6 rounds into a crapshoot tournament than do what's best for his team over the course of multiple rounds?

Some people should keep their thinking inside the box.

KC_Connection
02-28-2020, 10:26 PM
I don’t think they’d make any decision based on hindering an inferior Baylor team that we have no reason to be afraid of. It’s going to come down to what they think is the best spot for this team.

Prison Bitch
02-29-2020, 10:45 AM
I don’t think they’d make any decision based on hindering an inferior Baylor team that we have no reason to be afraid of. It’s going to come down to what they think is the best spot for this team.

Correct on both. It’ll be Indy

Prison Bitch
02-29-2020, 10:46 AM
I read WV is 2-19 in their last 21 road games in league.

That stat cannot be right. No HOF coach would pull such a feat.

BigRedChief
02-29-2020, 10:58 AM
If both teams win out. Baylor beats KU in the big 12 championship, doesn’t that mean Baylor is the #1 seed?

SupDock
02-29-2020, 11:22 AM
If both teams win out. Baylor beats KU in the big 12 championship, doesn’t that mean Baylor is the #1 seed?

That's hard to estimate. In general conference championships don't have a huge impact.

Chief Pagan
02-29-2020, 11:26 AM

Yes, I would think so.

BWillie
02-29-2020, 11:30 AM
Correct on both. It’ll be Indy

It might be nowhere if the Coronavirus blows up. I think there is a chance the NCAA Tournament could get postponed or cancelled. I said chance, not that it is likely. But then we can just lay another Helms title as we would be the overall #1.

Buehler445
02-29-2020, 11:34 AM

Typically they have the bracket set before the tournament championship game.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 12:34 PM
It might be nowhere if the Coronavirus blows up. I think there is a chance the NCAA Tournament could get postponed or cancelled. I said chance, not that it is likely. But then we can just lay another Helms title as we would be the overall #1.
Better stay #1 in the polls. That way we can claim the title without playing the crapshoot tournament.

CasselGotPeedOn
02-29-2020, 12:41 PM
Agbaji is awful

smithandrew051
02-29-2020, 12:43 PM
Good lord that’s a lot of empty seats

KC_Connection
These guys are going to try to injure us today. Just need to get through this game healthy.

KCTitus
This is not going to end as well as the last game...all the flexing and nonsense and we're 3 minutes in.

smithandrew051
02-29-2020, 12:44 PM
These guys are going to try to injure us today. Just need to get through this game healthy.

They aren’t really playing for anything else. What a dumpster fire of a team they have this year.

CasselGotPeedOn
02-29-2020, 12:48 PM
Of course

KC_Connection
And we already didn't get through this one unscathed. Udoka just sprained his ankle.

Get him out of this ridiculous game and rest him for the tournament.

smithandrew051
Uh oh

Demonpenz
02-29-2020, 01:00 PM
Big 12 hasn't drawn shit this year. Even Lawrence had 25 dollar tickets at times.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 01:01 PM
Big 12 hasn't drawn shit this year. Even Lawrence had 25 dollar tickets at times.

I blame the chiefs.

smithandrew051
02-29-2020, 01:05 PM
Doke looked like he was still in pain

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 01:08 PM
KSUck isn’t going away.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 01:10 PM
Udoka being in right now makes no sense, especially if he isn't even going to try to play at 100%.

Just play McCormick and go small if he gets fouled out. This game is completely meaningless.

sedated
02-29-2020, 01:22 PM
Its a sprained ankle, calm down

smithandrew051
02-29-2020, 01:24 PM
This is gross

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 01:25 PM
Kansa putting on a 3 pt defense clinic. Locking the perimeter down.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 01:29 PM
That foul on Udoka is laughable. Disgusting refereeing to go with this game makes sense.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 01:31 PM
Its a sprained ankle, calm down
He missed time with a severe sprained ankle last year.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 01:34 PM
That half went to shit after they brought Enaruna in late in it (he has no clue what he's doing out there yet). Didn't help that the refs got involved either.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 01:38 PM
Refs? Nope

KU is intimidated, no perimeter defense and playing scared.

Has nothing to do with the refs.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 01:44 PM
Refs? Nope

KU is intimidated, no perimeter defense and playing scared.

Has nothing to do with the refs.
Yeah, but you're a moron who thinks KU plays bad perimeter defense every game despite being the best defensive team in the country in years.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 01:47 PM
Yeah, but you're a moron who thinks KU plays bad perimeter defense every game despite being the best defensive team in the country in years.

And you constantly blame the refs. What’s your point?and you’re right. They forced KSUck to miss 6/12 3s.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 01:52 PM
And you constantly blame the refs. What’s your point?and you’re right. They forced KSUck to miss 6/12 3s.
I blame the refs when it is warranted. Like when the best defensive team in the country is called for a dozen fouls against one of the worst offensive teams in the country and the best defensive player in the country (Udoka) is called for a foul for just standing straight up.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 01:53 PM
I blame the refs when it is warranted. Like when the best defensive team in the country is called for a dozen fouls against one of the worst offensive teams in the country.

One team is playing better than the other.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 01:56 PM
Udoka is still playing at half speed/effort right now. Again, not sure why we're playing him if he's not going to go harder than this on that ankle.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 01:58 PM
These KSU guys will injure one of them the longer this goes on.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 02:07 PM
Gonna need some luck and KSUck to go cold.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 02:10 PM
On every ball screen that KSU is setting with their bigs, the big is moving right into our guards (sometimes even running over them) and it's pretty obvious too. Hasn't been called once in this game.

Buehler445
02-29-2020, 02:14 PM
On every ball screen that KSU is setting with their bigs, the big is moving right into our guards (sometimes even running over them) and it's pretty obvious too. Hasn't been called once in this game.

Yeah. Refs swallowed the whistles after all those weak calls

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 02:15 PM
KSU defense really frustrating Kansas. Shooting 26 % in the second.

Buehler445
02-29-2020, 02:17 PM
Yeah. Never mind. 4 straight Posessions with a foul

Buehler445
02-29-2020, 02:18 PM
Udoka is still playing at half speed/effort right now. Again, not sure why we're playing him if he's not going to go harder than this on that ankle.

Yeah. McCormack needs to stay in. He’s far more effective.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 02:20 PM
Stifling defense. Kansas all our of sorts.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 02:21 PM
Yeah. McCormack needs to stay in. He’s far more effective.
Absolutely. Udoka isn't 100% out there on that ankle and it shows. Win or lose this joke game, it's more important that everyone stays healthy for a few weeks from now.

KCTitus
02-29-2020, 02:22 PM
so frustrating... 0/8 from 3 and looking like a monkey fucking a football out there...

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 02:24 PM
7 min mark. Time to pull away.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 02:25 PM
Uzibookie needs to sit.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 02:26 PM
McCormick gets a travel call on a play where he gets decked then stripped. LMAO

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 02:27 PM
Braun!!!!!!!!

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 02:30 PM
Dotson!!!

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 02:39 PM
The color analyst in this game is awful, it must be said. No idea who he is.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 02:39 PM
Bruce is on the court more than his players are.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 02:43 PM
What a refereeing shitshow.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 02:46 PM
Gotta make the FTs. End this game.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 02:47 PM
Jesus. 3 shots from 3.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 02:58 PM
Got through that joke of a game without any further injuries. They should rest Udoka as long as it takes to get his ankle well. They need him playing at peak capacity to have any chance of winning the tournament.

And with Baylor on the way to losing at TCU, we could wrap up the conference at home later this week anyway.

Buehler445
02-29-2020, 03:01 PM
Baylor is in trouble.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 03:03 PM
TCU about to Topeka YMCA Baylor.

Reerun_KC
02-29-2020, 03:09 PM
TCU trying so hard to collapse.

Titty Meat
02-29-2020, 03:18 PM
Baylor is in trouble.

BAYLORS REALLY GOOD ITS JUST BILLAY!!!!!

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 03:20 PM
BAYLORS REALLY GOOD ITS JUST BILLAY!!!!!
Baylor is #2 in the country in KenPom, T-Rank, Sagarin, and NCAA's NET rating.

smithandrew051
02-29-2020, 03:23 PM
That should pretty much guarantee at least a share of the title. Just gotta win one more.

It would be awesome to finish 17-1 though.

Titty Meat
02-29-2020, 03:37 PM
Baylor is #2 in the country in KenPom, T-Rank, Sagarin, and NCAA's NET rating.

If you truly believe they are the 2nd best team in the country well... that's no surprise because your basketball takes are terrible.

KC_Connection
02-29-2020, 03:57 PM
If you truly believe they are the 2nd best team in the country well... that's no surprise because your basketball takes are terrible.
I have no real opinion on the subject, but I'm not sure why we should believe you over four advanced statistical systems that all suggest Baylor is the 2nd best team in the country.

Zebedee DuBois
02-29-2020, 04:33 PM
Giant killers TCU coming to Lawrence Wednesday evening.

What a boost for Espn+ (the + means more $)

Prison Bitch
03-01-2020, 11:36 AM
Anyone still wondering if NBA teams will let Marcus Garrett ever take a shot for them, he farted out a nice 1-5fg 1-6ft line yesterday. He pulls that shit again in the Tourney and we are bounced.

Buehler445
03-01-2020, 11:38 AM
Anyone still wondering if NBA teams will let Marcus Garrett ever take a shot for them, he farted out a nice 1-5fg 1-6ft line yesterday. He pulls that shit again in the Tourney and we are bounced.

Yeah that was a rough out.

Those freethrows at the end were particularly inexcusable. Holy balls. I could have knocked down at least one of those.

hawkchief
03-01-2020, 11:38 AM

Garrett is fighting Fairly serious foot issues FYI. Not the Best of takes.

Buehler445
03-01-2020, 11:53 AM

I didn't know this. Is this public anywhere?

I thought he looked a step slow on a lot of the moves hes trying to make.

KC_Connection
03-01-2020, 12:26 PM
I expect some joke game that resembled football more than basketball (at KSU's design) in which he was playing injured himself isn't going to be determinative on whether Garrett ever plays in the NBA.

KC_Connection
03-01-2020, 12:27 PM
I didn't know this. Is this public anywhere?

I thought he looked a step slow on a lot of the moves hes trying to make.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Self said KU will have to reevaluate how the team is dealing with Marcus Garrett (foot). Said he wasn&#39;t feeling great. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/kubball?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#kubball</a> <br><br>More quotes: <a href="https://t.co/CvSNzwGeDI">https://t.co/CvSNzwGeDI</a></p>&mdash; Scott Chasen (@ChasenScott) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChasenScott/status/1233864210146349057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehler445
03-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Thx KCC. I wonder what it is. Hopefully something rest will rectify before the tournament.

Chief Pagan
03-01-2020, 01:14 PM

I can understand wanting Garrett on the court for defense even though an injury is limiting his game. But if his foot is healthy enough to run around playing defense, then it shouldn't be an excuse for missing free throws.

KC_Connection
03-01-2020, 02:09 PM
I can understand wanting Garrett on the court for defense even though an injury is limiting his game. But if his foot is healthy enough to run around playing defense, then it shouldn't be an excuse for missing free throws.
I mean he's a 61% FT shooter. He'll miss them healthy or hurt right now, it doesn't matter.

Whether he can eventually play in the NBA will come down to whether he can improve those numbers.

KC_Connection
03-01-2020, 04:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Self said at the Special Olympics Clinic that Udoka Azubuike is questionable for Wednesday&#39;s game against TCU. It&#39;s a sprained right ankle, nothing broken. He&#39;s wearing a boot.</p>&mdash; Gary Bedore (@GaryBedore) <a href="https://twitter.com/GaryBedore/status/1234208125680541699?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wouldn't bother playing him until the NCAA tournament if necessary. They'll beat TCU without him to lock up the B12 and KU is already a #1 seed no matter what happens in KC.

smithandrew051
03-01-2020, 04:31 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Self said at the Special Olympics Clinic that Udoka Azubuike is questionable for Wednesday&#39;s game against TCU. It&#39;s a sprained right ankle, nothing broken. He&#39;s wearing a boot.</p>&mdash; Gary Bedore (@GaryBedore) <a href="https://twitter.com/GaryBedore/status/1234208125680541699?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wouldn't bother playing him until the NCAA tournament if necessary. They'll beat TCU without him to lock up the B12 and KU is already a #1 seed no matter what happens in KC.

Yeah that’s probably what I would do too. Maybe give him limited minutes in the Big 12 tourney just to keep sharp.

Luckily, with his style of play he shouldn’t need too much PT to stay sharp.

Buehler445
03-01-2020, 05:08 PM
Yeah that’s probably what I would do too. Maybe give him limited minutes in the Big 12 tourney just to keep sharp.

Luckily, with his style of play he shouldn’t need too much PT to stay sharp.

Timing and footwork can be fleeting. He relies a lot on that.

Prison Bitch
03-01-2020, 06:00 PM

Derp.

If his foot causes him to miss shots, don’t take them.

Chief Pagan
03-01-2020, 07:40 PM

I wonder how much playing time SDS will get. His suspension is almost over, right? If Self hasn't given up on him then I would think you would want to give him some action to get him ready for the NCAA.

arrowheadnation
03-02-2020, 08:23 AM
No game today, but there is a possibility that KU could win a share of the Big XII title tonight. If Baylor loses to Tech, we will have a 2 game lead with 2 to go. Something interesting to follow on a slow news Monday.

Prison Bitch
03-02-2020, 11:59 AM
Also: this KU player is universally accepted as the nicest guy on the team. Name him.

First one to guess right gets rep.

McCormack?

Winner^

KCFalcon59
03-04-2020, 08:27 PM
Struggling with these TCU clowns. Get it together guys!

PHOG
03-04-2020, 08:30 PM
ESPN+, yeah, no

BWillie
03-04-2020, 08:36 PM
Struggling with these TCU clowns. Get it together guys!

TCU has made everything in the first half. Guarded threes too. I haven't seen anything like it since 2018 Villanova. And just to put it in perspective for those that are watching this TCU 1st half shooting barrage. TCU hit 9 three pointers on 15 shots. Well, Villanova hit FIVE more threes than that in the Final Four vs KU in 2018. We had no chance of winning that game no matter how good we would have played.

DJay23
03-04-2020, 08:44 PM
I don't like the look of Dotson going down there. He went down and grabbed his knee then stayed down till it was a dead ball. Needed helped up and hobbled to the bench.

Then when play resumed, KU has an alley oop to Azubuike and you could see Dotson on the bench with his head down having his knee looked at and it looked like the doc was rubbing Dotson's back as if to console him.

KC_Connection
03-04-2020, 08:45 PM
I don't like the look of Dotson going down there. He went down and grabbed his knee then stayed down till it was a dead ball. Needed helped up and hobbled to the bench.

Then when play resumed, KU has an alley oop to Azubuike and you could see Dotson on the bench with his head down having his knee looked at and it looked like the doc was rubbing Dotson's back as if to console him.
Sprained ankle. Little reason to play him until the tournament now.

DJay23
03-04-2020, 08:46 PM
Well shit it was his ankle. Don't know why I thought I saw him grab his knee. Rolled it pretty good. Something anyone who has played ball has done. Doesn't feel good and can be a scary feeling when those tendons and ligaments all pop.

BWillie
03-04-2020, 08:47 PM
Sprained ankle. Little reason to play him until the tournament now.

100% chance he plays. Looked very minor.

KC_Connection
03-04-2020, 08:48 PM
Or just play him a minute later with the sprained ankle. As you do.

DJay23
03-04-2020, 08:49 PM
Get the blood moving through it I guess. I mean who hasn't done that in a pickup game and just kept playing on it. It will be sore tomorrow but he's young.

KCFalcon59
03-04-2020, 09:01 PM
The new streak begins tonight!!!

BWillie
03-04-2020, 09:04 PM
Big 12 Champs.

Udoka career high.

Almost a guarantee for a #1 seed, if not the overall #1 seed.

Invite Snoop to the Final Four when we get there.

Dollar signs.

smithandrew051
03-04-2020, 09:06 PM
The drought is over!!!!!!

31 points, 14 boards, 5 blocks...that’s a Senior Night to remember.

KC_Connection
03-04-2020, 09:12 PM
Big 12 Champs.

Udoka career high.

Almost a guarantee for a #1 seed, if not the overall #1 seed.

Invite Snoop to the Final Four when we get there.

Dollar signs.
It's hard to see how they'd lose a #1 seed at this point. Tech loss on the road won't do it (and I'd honestly considering resting some of our main 3 for that one, but I know Self won't). Maybe if they lose that 1st round game in KC.

Buehler445
03-04-2020, 09:13 PM
It's hard to see how they'd lose a #1 seed at this point. Tech loss on the road won't do it (and I'd honestly considering resting some of our main 3 for that one, but I know Self won't). Maybe if they lose that 1st round game in KC.

Which will be KSUck right?

KC_Connection
03-04-2020, 09:17 PM
Which will be KSUck right?
KSU isn't winning their own first game unless the deep hate for KU drives them to it. Outside of the two KU games, they haven't giving any effort the entire season.

Also, if we're the #1 seed in the B12 tourney, we wouldn't have much of a chance to play them at all (1 plays 8/9). That won't be decided until after the Tech game, though.

Buehler445
03-04-2020, 09:20 PM
KSU isn't winning their own first game unless the deep hate for KU drives them to it. Outside of the two KU games, they haven't giving any effort the entire season.

Also, if we're the #1 seed in the B12 tourney, we wouldn't have much of a chance to play them at all (1 plays 8/9). That won't be decided until after the Tech game, though.

Fuck forgot about the bye.

Chief Pagan
03-04-2020, 10:11 PM
ESPN+, yeah, no

I'm looking forward to canceling it.

This was KUs last ESPN game right ?

BigRedChief
03-04-2020, 10:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Where Bill Self-coached teams have finished in conference play<br>Tulsa 3, 1, 1<br>Illinois 1, 2, 1<br>Kansas 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1</p>&mdash; Blair Kerkhoff (@BlairKerkhoff) <a href="https://twitter.com/BlairKerkhoff/status/1235403421647278080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reerun_KC
03-04-2020, 10:38 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Where Bill Self-coached teams have finished in conference play<br>Tulsa 3, 1, 1<br>Illinois 1, 2, 1<br>Kansas 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1</p>&mdash; Blair Kerkhoff (@BlairKerkhoff) <a href="https://twitter.com/BlairKerkhoff/status/1235403421647278080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jesus.

HonestChieffan
03-04-2020, 11:28 PM
remember when Mizzou passed on Bill?

Chief Pagan
03-05-2020, 01:01 AM
remember when Mizzou passed on Bill?

No I don’t. But I remember being a little nonchalant when his alma mater made that big push to steal him. I figured it would be good to have another school in the Big 12 be competitive every single year and KU would find another great coach.

That one didn’t age very well either.

I’m glad Roy left and Bill stayed.

ChiefsFanatic
03-05-2020, 05:39 AM
remember when Mizzou passed on Bill?I love the fact that MU not only didn't hire Bill Self, but they hired a Dookie who crashed and burned instead.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Prison Bitch
03-05-2020, 07:54 AM
I love the fact that MU not only didn't hire Bill Self, but they hired a Dookie who crashed and burned instead.

That”dookie” is doing a great job coaching in the nba.

Have you ever considered Mizzouche tried to ruin him, and not the other way around.

ChiefsFanatic
03-06-2020, 01:45 AM
That”dookie” is doing a great job coaching in the nba.

Have you ever considered Mizzouche tried to ruin him, and not the other way around.You can think about it any way you want to. The bottom line is that Self is a HOF coach who wins, and wins, and wins, and while coaching MU Snyder was objectively terrible overall.

I don't care what Snyder is doing now, because the success he is having has nothing to do with MU. I doubt there is a single MU fan alive, or dead, that would still choose Snyder over Self if they could go back in time and pick one of them as head coach.

When MU fans inevitably bring up football when discussing basketball, I love reminding them that between KU and MU, only one football program has ever won a BCS bowl game. Wait, did Auburn just score another rushing TD?

Prison Bitch
03-06-2020, 08:29 AM
My buddy familiar with insiders texted me these notes - we shall see if his info is good:

Kinda sorta what you said. They’ve already internally to go after the booster destination and will argue these guys work for multiple programs hence not boosters.

They don’t work for Kansas at all, they work for Adidas helping their portfolio of schools. It’s therefoe impossible they can be tied to any 1 school. They’re indiff to whether recruit goes to Kansas or Arizona. This argument will be released in the next month or two”

“The evidence however, based mainly on trial testimony, fails utterly to support a conclusion that Adidas or any Adidas employees acted as representatives of the University during the period in question. Individuals formally associated with Adidas acted in their own interests when they gave money to the family and guardians of student-athletes.

Stated otherwise, according to the enforcement staff, every corporate sponsor and most, if not all, individuals associated with the sponsor are boosters of every institution with which the sponsor does business," the statement said. "This theory, if adopted by the Panel, would have far reaching ramifications throughout the Membership given the universal use of corporate sponsorships throughout Division I athletics.”

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28846170/kansas-disputes-ncaa-allegations-basketball-team

https://media3.giphy.com/media/e47a7VNPfwVMI/source.gif

DJay23
03-06-2020, 11:39 AM
I don't understand how NCAA, I don't know what to call it, "trials" work. Are THEY the ones who are deciding guilt or innocence and we just have to change their mind, or is there an independent arbitrator of some kind?

How in the hell can the NCAA be anything but biased toward their own opinion?

Prison Bitch
03-06-2020, 12:19 PM
It’s like anything else in life: you try and work it out between yourselves and if not, you sue in Federal Court. (That’s where cases involving “diversity of location” end up).

DJay23
03-06-2020, 12:59 PM
It’s like anything else in life: you try and work it out between yourselves and if not, you sue in Federal Court. (That’s where cases involving “diversity of location” end up).

Makes sense.

I still find it hard to believe that the NCAA would go to so much public trouble only to capitulate.

Chiefspants
03-06-2020, 01:02 PM
Makes sense.

I still find it hard to believe that the NCAA would go to so much public trouble only to capitulate.

Remember the Notice of Allegations North Carolina received in 2016?

KU is following North Carolina’s response here, btw.

Al Czervik
03-06-2020, 01:19 PM
Remember the Notice of Allegations North Carolina received in 2016?

KU is following North Carolina’s response here, btw.

Exactly....
And it has been proven to be the best tactic to defend yourself vs. laying down on
your stomach and getting screwed.....

Kiimo
03-06-2020, 02:38 PM
Well UNC was way more obviously guilty and they got away with it sooooo

SithCeNtZ
03-06-2020, 07:04 PM
Well UNC was way more obviously guilty and they got away with it sooooo

I live in Indy and had a very interesting conversation with someone who works in the NCAA offices here and is very, very involved in investigations. This was before the major allegations that came out about the Adidas trial, but people might find it interesting. As always, you can believe me or not I'm just a random internet guy.

Anyway, to start off, the NCAA infraction committee hates Kansas and Self. I don't say this as my personal interpretation or I read between the lines, that was literally said by this person. For as much as we Kansas fans hate the NCAA for our various run ins with the NCAA like diallo and Selby, they in return hate us. Why? Because they have to deal with all the crap that comes with run ins with major universities. Trust me, they don't want to be in the public eye any more than we like having guys suspended for whatever.

But what about our situations? I asked about some of our guys(this was around when the de Sousa appeal was happening to get him to play this year). Apparently our guys who have been in the news have been...highly questionable academically. You won't hear the extent in the news because they aren't trying to drag kids through the mud in public, but I was assured that some dragging of the feet was due to this. Situations where the people investigating are sure some uh, questionable ethics to how this person got the grades they did.

Now youre probably asking: wtf about UNC? Fake classes and stuff like that. This is what I found really interesting. Look, the people doing these things aren't stupid. There isn't some grand conspiracy to the NCAA machine that they won't touch Duke or UNC or whatever. They know what UNC did. But they are in a really weird spot. The NCAA exists in a very unique business model, in that collectively the people that make them money can completely bankrupt them in court. The NCAA has more money than Kansas, but they don't have more money than Kansas UNC Duke Arizona etc all combined. So if they have something like the fake classes that will warrant a huge punishment, they have to be 100% sure they would win in court. And unfortunately for them the rules and how they were stated meant that if UNC sued they would probably lose, and even if they won it would cost millions. They fight against this by doing what they did in selby and diallos case. Drag their feet. You can't sue us if it just takes us a little longer to find what we want. That's just business. So Kansas can't sue and they can enforce a longer suspension because of it. In UNCs case, there wasn't anything to drag their feet on. It happened already. They can't punish them in a roundabout way like that. Therefore they are toothless and nothing really happened.

This is why big punishments usually come to smaller schools and schools that comply like Mizzou did in football. Small schools or crappy programs aren't going to wage war in the court room. Not worth it. Mizzou isn't going to spend 10 million to fight a one year ban in football especially when they admitted guilt by complying.

So why am I confident in Kansas with these allegations? Because they can't drill Kansas NC State Arizona and a bunch of other programs at once. They don't have thousands of lawyers and unlimited resources. Kansas will send everything they have to fight this. The NCAA doesn't want that and will likely compromise. In fact from the NCAAs perspective, the punishment has already began. Self had admitted this hangs a cloud over recruiting. An ominous cloud over Kansas is actually worse for Kansas than if a statement came down with our punishment today. Lose some scholarships? Ok let's plan around that. But a possible postseason ban? Some other sanctions? Recruits are scared and will turn away. So the NCAA is likely going to settle for something like loss of scholarships and maybe self suspended for 8 games. And everyone will cry because it wasn't tough enough, but the NCAA can't do anything else and people will say the ncca is dumb. They aren't going to destroy 10 major D1 colleges at once. They can't afford it.

BTW, I asked about the Preston thing. They would not tell me any details because apparently very few people know what happened in detail and if it leaked it could be traced back to them. I respected that, but they did say that there was no chance he would ever be cleared and that it was like what I talked about earlier: the NCAA knew something happened and it was unlikely they could ever prove it, so they were going to wait and wait and wait. In the end they got what they wanted and Preston left without playing a game and Kansas couldn't do anything about it.

Prison Bitch
03-06-2020, 08:32 PM
Who’s the toughest player on the team? This guy took an elbow from Doke in practice, bleeding cheek, demanded not to be taken out of practice, players clapped for him.

Rep to first right guess.

KC_Connection
03-06-2020, 08:43 PM
Who’s the toughest player on the team? This guy took an elbow from Doke in practice, bleeding cheek, demanded not to be taken out of practice, players clapped for him.

Braun.

Next guess would be Garrett.

Titty Meat
03-06-2020, 09:59 PM

People in this group (Prison Bitch) suggested he leave "Bilal self, etc"

Chiefspants
03-06-2020, 10:15 PM
My favorite nickname ever may have been “Bail” Self.

CasselGotPeedOn
03-06-2020, 10:18 PM
My favorite nickname ever may have been “Bail” Self.

That's a good one. My personal favorite is when Mizzou fans refer to us as "kU"

Pablo
03-06-2020, 10:56 PM
That's a good one. My personal favorite is when Mizzou fans refer to us as "kU"

That's all those muTTS have, bless their hearts.

Buehler445
03-06-2020, 11:01 PM

Lightfoot.

smithandrew051
03-06-2020, 11:21 PM

McCormack. He was the first one running to help De Sousa in the K State fight.

KC_Connection
03-06-2020, 11:45 PM
Lightfoot.
That's a good one. Forgot he was even on the team.

Buehler445
03-06-2020, 11:47 PM
That's a good one. Forgot he was even on the team.

His big goofy ass was on the floor during a timeout in the Baylor game. I thought there was a chance Self was going to pull the redshirt and put him in. LOL

He’d probably be the guy to guard doke in practice.

PHOG
03-07-2020, 01:25 PM
Close game so far, as expected on the road.

smithandrew051
03-07-2020, 01:44 PM
I don’t think Doke has to worry about Agbaji coming anywhere near his field goal percentage record

PHOG
03-07-2020, 01:47 PM
I don’t think Doke has to worry about Agbaji coming anywhere near his field goal percentage record

Lol, no....and just like that its Agbaji with the put back slam.

Pablo
03-07-2020, 01:47 PM

LOL, sure would be nice if he pulled a Malik Newman type run outta his ass. He could start today even!

smithandrew051
03-07-2020, 01:51 PM
Looks like this Tech game might be meaningless.

17-1 would be awesome though. No one has done it before.

CasselGotPeedOn
03-07-2020, 01:52 PM
Pretty terrible offense to end the half there. Got a rebound with 46 seconds left, instead of going 2 for 1, we don't even get a single shot up. Pretty bad.

KC_Connection
03-07-2020, 01:57 PM
Baylor going down which makes this game matter even less for KU than it already did (and it wasn't much). Just get through this one healthy, they're being really physical with Udoka.

PHOG
03-07-2020, 02:26 PM
We were pulling away, but let them right back in.

KC_Connection
03-07-2020, 02:34 PM
We were pulling away, but let them right back in.
The refs played a sizable role in that. Can't say I care much today though.

smithandrew051
03-07-2020, 02:50 PM
The refs played a sizable role in that. Can't say I care much today though.

Doke has been getting mugged all game

PHOG
03-07-2020, 02:52 PM
C'mon Doke sink these FTs ....1 of 2

KC_Connection
03-07-2020, 02:55 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Neither KU nor Texas Tech is going to win this game.<br><br>Doug Sirmons is.</p>&mdash; Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) <a href="https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/1236393797870735360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Red Dawg
03-07-2020, 03:00 PM
Loss would be good. End the streak before the tournament. You can't win them all.

Red Dawg
03-07-2020, 03:04 PM
Not a foul. Dick is an idiot.

PHOG
03-07-2020, 03:05 PM
No injuries is the desired outcome. Good win too, I guess. :clap:

smithandrew051
03-07-2020, 03:06 PM
Not a foul.

Looked like it might’ve been a moving screen though.

KC_Connection
03-07-2020, 03:06 PM
That wasn't a foul at the end despite what Vitale and other idiot announcer would have you believe. Moretti's sole purpose was to draw a foul there and he did a pretty bad job of it (as Garrett jumped to the side of him).

Add another win to the total but no injuries is key.

Lzen
03-07-2020, 03:07 PM
Shut the fuck up, Vitale and Bob! That was a flop. Garretts hip barely brushed him. And how you gonna call that when they have been allowing physical play all day long? I can't stand Vitale anymore

smithandrew051
03-07-2020, 03:11 PM
Kansas is the first team to win 16 games in one Big 12 season (2002).

Kansas is now also the first team to win 17 games in one Big 12 season.

I don’t think 18-0 will happen though. Sweeping every team in your conference would be really tough.

KC_Connection
03-07-2020, 03:14 PM

I don’t think 18-0 will happen though. Sweeping every team in your conference would be really tough.
Yeah, if it was ever going to happen it would have been this year with as down as the B12 is and how much better KU is than every other team.

KC_Connection
03-07-2020, 03:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESiSLH3WsAEdMTr?format=jpg&name=small

Becomes even more obvious when you freeze it. They're calling this trash move an offensive foul in the NBA these days.

smithandrew051
03-07-2020, 03:23 PM
Yeah, if it was ever going to happen it would have been this year with as down as the B12 is and how much better KU is than every other team.

Especially with the 1-and-done’s.

In order to have enough talent to do it, you need high level recruits...but most of those leave after a year. A bunch of talented freshmen is bound to have at least a few down games over 18. So yeah, probably won’t see the perfect storm like this again. Typically, 15-3 guarantees at least a share.

2002 probably could have done it. That team was loaded. Talent and depth at every position.

Al Czervik
03-07-2020, 03:34 PM
Doug Sirmons and Kelly Self are right up there with Derosa and Higgins.
Just shit officials all the way around.

They did everything they could to keep Tech in the game today.

PHOG
03-07-2020, 06:38 PM

If Dotson hadn't have got hurt in the 1st Baylor matchup...who knows, I think we would have won that one.