PDA

View Full Version : KU *****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

PHOG
03-07-2020, 06:42 PM
Shut the **** up, Vitale and Bob! That was a flop. Garretts hip barely brushed him. And how you gonna call that when they have been allowing physical play all day long? I can't stand Vitale anymore

Vitale is a has been, and also a motor mouth know nothing. All he has is his little schtick that he does....nothing else.

smithandrew051
03-07-2020, 07:37 PM
If Dotson hadn't have got hurt in the 1st Baylor matchup...who knows, I think we would have won that one.

Which goes to show that a lot has to go your way to go 18-0. That’s a lot of games.

PHOG
03-07-2020, 07:44 PM
SDSU loses to Utah St. tonight.

Prison Bitch
03-07-2020, 08:26 PM
That wasn't a foul at the end despite what Vitale and other idiot announcer would have you believe. Moretti's sole purpose was to draw a foul there and he did a pretty bad job of it (as Garrett jumped to the side of him).

Add another win to the total but no injuries is key.

You have won the debate

Prison Bitch
03-07-2020, 08:26 PM
Braun.

Next guess would be Garrett.

You’re no fun.

Rep.

KC_Connection
03-07-2020, 08:38 PM
You’re no fun.

Rep.
I take it from that it was Braun. The kid should play more.

DJay23
03-07-2020, 09:44 PM
Vitale is a has been, and also a motor mouth know nothing. All he has is his little schtick that he does....nothing else.

He's tabloid journalism. He stopped breaking down the action so long ago I can't even pinpoint it. All he talks about is off the court crap, half the time about teams not even playing in front of him. Oh, occasionally he'll say someone on the floor is a PTP'er or whatever, like you said his schtick. He's unbearable.

Buehler445
03-07-2020, 09:55 PM
If Dotson hadn't have got hurt in the 1st Baylor matchup...who knows, I think we would have won that one.

Yeah. More importantly, if he'd have quit the 2 big business earlier, we probably would have won.

Reerun_KC
03-07-2020, 10:24 PM
I can’t believe I missed this game today. I so thought today was Friday. Never even turned on a TV. Spent the day doing yard work after I got out of bed at 10:30 am.

Sigh. Well onto the tournament.

Prison Bitch
03-07-2020, 10:49 PM
I take it from that it was Braun. The kid should play more.

You are correct.

You’re having a good nite.

Career nite?

Prison Bitch
03-07-2020, 10:50 PM
Yeah. More importantly, if he'd have quit the 2 big business earlier, we probably would have won.

They turned it over 5x. In afh. They kicked our ass. Im good admitting it

Titty Meat
03-07-2020, 11:12 PM
Baylor is 1-3 since yall came to their defense. Good call there everyone.

KC_Connection
03-07-2020, 11:20 PM
You are correct.

You’re having a good nite.

Career nite?
As you know, I've always been able to recognize softness in our players. Braun certainly isn't that.

KC_Connection
03-07-2020, 11:21 PM
During Lunardi's TV hit today where he said KU was a lock for overall #1, he also said that Baylor was a lock for a #1 seed regardless of what happens at the B12 tournament.

If they aren't the 2nd best team in the country, they're firmly 3rd or 4th.

BWillie
03-07-2020, 11:37 PM
9-0 on the road in the Big 12.

Quite unbelievable.

Team is nails.

Buehler445
03-08-2020, 12:27 AM

Probably still win the Big 10.

Especially if they didn’t get speed boated by Doke and Dotson. They got in their own heads some after that. Not may teams win that game in Waco. Certainly none from the Big 10.

Boon
03-08-2020, 07:59 AM
He's tabloid journalism. He stopped breaking down the action so long ago I can't even pinpoint it. All he talks about is off the court crap, half the time about teams not even playing in front of him. Oh, occasionally he'll say someone on the floor is a PTP'er or whatever, like you said his schtick. He's unbearable.

I can't stand him. Watched the TT game yesterday with the sound off. He is most annoying.

Buehler445
03-08-2020, 10:03 AM
You guys are just now realizing that vitale is ass? I had to shut him up far longer than a decade ago. If KU isn’t playing I won’t watch the game if he’s doing it. Stephen A Smith and Bayless are the worst thing in sports media. Vitale is the next step below.

Prison Bitch
03-08-2020, 10:35 AM
Finished reg season as the 5th best KU team ever by SRS, +25.00 better than the avg D1 team. Tied with 2003 which lost the title game to Syracuse:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/kansas/

DJay23
03-08-2020, 11:25 AM
You guys are just now realizing that vitale is ass? I had to shut him up far longer than a decade ago. If KU isn’t playing I won’t watch the game if he’s doing it. Stephen A Smith and Bayless are the worst thing in sports media. Vitale is the next step below.

Not just realizing. This is a lamentation I have shared since the early 2000s.

smithandrew051
03-08-2020, 11:35 AM
Self has struggled in the NCAA tourney most in the second game of the weekend (Round of 32 and Elite 8). This probably speaks to how well his team performs when he has time to gameplan for a specific opponent.

I think this team makes the Final Four (at minimum), because I just don’t see how an 8/9 or Elite 8 matchup is going to prepare for Doke on a 2-day turnaround. That dude absolutely dominated Baylor on the road, and Baylor is one of the best defensive teams in the nation.

Doke’s skill set shouldn’t be as prone to an “off night” as a player who drives or shoots a lot of 3’s. The ways that he impacts the game should be there every night, unless a team way overcommits to stopping him. In that case, we do have the best point guard in the nation.

I like our chances this year. No one scares me.

KC_Connection
03-08-2020, 11:35 AM
Finished reg season as the 5th best KU team ever by SRS, +25.00 better than the avg D1 team. Tied with 2003 which lost the title game to Syracuse:

3rd best KU team so far (30.28) in the KenPom era behind 2008 (35.21) and 2010 (31.85).

BWillie
03-08-2020, 11:36 AM
Not just realizing. This is a lamentation I have shared since the early 2000s.

He's still a good ambassador to the game of CBB for the casual fan. He is usually beaming with positivism but then goes on rants that are not even true. Amazing he can still do what he does at 80 years old, though. He's not senile at all, actually, he's just wrong like he's always been.

KC_Connection
03-08-2020, 11:42 AM
Self has struggled in the NCAA tourney most in the second game of the weekend (Round of 32 and Elite 8). This probably speaks to how well his team performs when he has time to gameplan for a specific opponent.

I think this team makes the Final Four (at minimum), because I just don’t see how an 8/9 or Elite 8 matchup is going to prepare for Doke on a 2-day turnaround. That dude absolutely dominated Baylor on the road, and Baylor is one of the best defensive teams in the nation.

Doke’s skill set shouldn’t be as prone to an “off night” as a player who drives or shoots a lot of 3’s. The ways that he impacts the game should be there every night, unless a team way overcommits to stopping him. In that case, we do have the best point guard in the nation.

I think there's an argument that this team's "base" level of play is consistently high because they are not reliant on hitting shots to be a winning basketball team. Their defense is something that is going to be there in every game no matter what.

That said, their defensive system allows a lot of threes (mostly because nobody wants to drive at Udoka) and those shots are harder to guard and less controllable than other kinds of shots, which is problematic in a single elimination tournament. There is still every chance KU could run into somebody who just bombs the lights out in one game. KU should hope for a draw in the tournament involving teams who shoot less threes and avoid teams like Villanova, Maryland, Marquette, Wisconsin, and Auburn.

PHOG
03-08-2020, 11:43 AM

No, not at all. He's like fingernails on the blackboard type of cringe worthy. Has been for as long as I can remember.

BWillie
03-08-2020, 11:59 AM
Dotson and Doke make this team go offensively. Dotson is what happens if Frank Mason was 6-1 instead of 5-11. He's just the best finisher I've ever seen of guards especially of his size...and he doesn't even dunk in games. Usually when you can dunk you'll pad your 2 point FG efficiency on alley oops and open spaces because nobody can really even try to defend those plays.

Compare 2 point FG efficiency for other guards of KU and current players:
Dotson .541
Agbaji .519 - only high because of dunks
Moss .476
Garrett .473
Braun .414 - he needs to work on this. He seems to always think he can dunk over ppl and gets stuck in the air

Sherron Collins .492 - was higher before JR and SR year
Frank Mason .471 - but drew the most amount of fouls of any of these guys
Tyshawn Taylor .518
Devonte Graham .437 - just terrible inside of the 3pt line, always was.
Naadir Tharpe .423 - lol

Buehler445
03-08-2020, 12:10 PM

The Baylor game, while truly amazing, is probably not what we should expect. Drew rolled the dice that Gillespie could defend Doke, which is reasonable because Gillespie is really good. Doke (and Dotson) demolished their soul.

I think most teams will sag on Doke and (try) to make us beat them from the outside. If the team can execute zone, I’d do that. Doke is more consistently dominant than our outside shooting.

I think there's an argument that this team's "base" level of play is consistently high because they are not reliant on hitting shots to be a winning basketball team. Their defense is something that is going to be there in every game no matter what.

That said, their defensive system allows a lot of threes (mostly because nobody wants to drive at Udoka) and those shots are harder to guard and less controllable than other kinds of shots, which is problematic in a single elimination tournament. There is still every chance KU could run into somebody who just bombs the lights out in one game. KU should hope for a draw in the tournament involving teams who shoot less threes and avoid teams like Villanova, Maryland, Marquette, Wisconsin, and Auburn.

Agreed. If it were me I’d try to get Doke to hedge a screen and see if I can get a couple cheap fouls out top. Nobody does it so it suggests that it’s not a good strategy, but I’d give it a look. And then run action towards by best shooter.

KC_Connection
03-08-2020, 12:39 PM
Yes if I'm defending KU, I'd just throw doubles at Udoka all game. Collapse on him and force him to make the right play. Hack at his arms/the ball and put him on the line as well.

He's obviously a ton better at recognizing doubles than ever last year, but he's still not the best at passing out of them. We also don't really have the shooting to make other teams sufficiently pay for it either (Braun is the only above average shooter the team has by the numbers).

Titty Meat
03-08-2020, 12:40 PM

Not sure what your obsession is with analytics they are useless in sports besides maybe baseball which isnt really a sport

KC_Connection
03-08-2020, 12:41 PM
Not sure what your obsession is with analytics they are useless in sports besides maybe baseball which isnt really a sport
Yeah I'm sure the death of the mid range jump shot in basketball had absolutely nothing to do with analytics...

BWillie
03-08-2020, 01:06 PM
Yes if I'm defending KU, I'd just throw doubles at Udoka all game. Collapse on him and force him to make the right play. Hack at his arms/the ball and put him on the line as well.

He's obviously a ton better at recognizing doubles than ever last year, but he's still not the best at passing out of them. We also don't really have the shooting to make other teams sufficiently pay for it either (Braun is the only above average shooter the team has by the numbers).

I don't understand why weve seen no coaches hack a doke yet. There have been plenty of opportunities to do so.

C3HIEF3S
03-08-2020, 01:07 PM

Analytics are definitely useless, which explains why every major American sports franchise has analytics and/or research departments. Most positions of which are paid great salaries in an industry that otherwise pays out pennies compared to equivalent positions outside of sports.

Chief Pagan
03-08-2020, 02:17 PM

If Doke has an ineffective game, it will probably be because he is sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

Announcers have talked about how his conditioning has allowed him to play more minutes.

I'm just as impressed with his ability to play hard, block shots and stay out of foul trouble.

But you never know when he might get a couple of cheap fouls on a push off on the entry pass, moving screen, tangled arm on a rebound. Etc.

Chief Pagan
03-08-2020, 02:21 PM
I don't understand why weve seen no coaches hack a doke yet. There have been plenty of opportunities to do so.

For the life of me I don't understand it either.

Teams haven't even tried that much with honest fouls. In late game situations Doke is quick to pass the ball after a defensive rebound. But in the Baylor game and others the opposition was not focused on on trying to hack Doke the moment it became clear he was probably going to get the rebound.

Bad coaching and or bad execution.

smithandrew051
03-08-2020, 03:14 PM
Doke is Big 12 POY, First Team All Conference, and All Defense.
Dotson is First Team All Conference.
Garrett is Big 12 DPOY, All Defense, and Third Team All Conference.
Braun is All Freshmen.

https://big12sports.com/documents/2020/3/8//All_Big_12_Release_19_20_.pdf

smithandrew051
03-08-2020, 03:18 PM
Garrett should’ve been Second Team.
Dotson possibly should’ve made the Defensive Team.
Self should’ve been Coach of the Year. Drew’s team stumbled down the stretch. Self just put up the most wins in a single Big 12 season ever.

Prison Bitch
03-08-2020, 03:22 PM
Analytics are definitely useless, which explains why every major American sports franchise has analytics and/or research departments. Most positions of which are paid great salaries in an industry that otherwise pays out pennies compared to equivalent positions outside of sports.

Why are people feeding this troll?

Lzen
03-09-2020, 08:24 AM

I used to like Vitale back in the 90s. But yeah, I haven't been able to stand that blowhard for several years now.

Lzen
03-09-2020, 08:25 AM
If anyone is interested, this video shows how games are to be officiated regarding flops. Someone on PHOG posted this I found it to be very informative. Starting at 4:15 in this video is the part that is relevant to what Moretti did on Saturday and also explains why no foul was called. And it should have been called a flop but that wouldn't have mattered.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/COmdNgmkuDs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445
03-09-2020, 09:36 AM
If anyone is interested, this video shows how games are to be officiated regarding flops. Someone on PHOG posted this I found it to be very informative. Starting at 4:15 in this video is the part that is relevant to what Moretti did on Saturday and also explains why no foul was called. And it should have been called a flop but that wouldn't have mattered.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/COmdNgmkuDs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good watch. Thanks.

Mr. Plow
03-11-2020, 03:13 PM
Tournament games with no fans, huh.

Reerun_KC
03-11-2020, 03:14 PM
That’s insane.

Prison Bitch
03-11-2020, 03:14 PM
Retarded

Thanks China people for eating bats. Thanks a lot.

Mr. Plow
03-11-2020, 03:15 PM
Can't imagine the financial loss to the host cities.

Prison Bitch
03-11-2020, 03:17 PM
Well, add the $20M KC is about to lose on the Big 12 cancel, which is assurely coming today sometime

smithandrew051
03-11-2020, 03:17 PM
When we watch Kansas in the NCAA Tournament this year, we’ll actually get to hear Bill Self yell “Gosh darn it!” and “Golly!” at the officials when he disagrees with a call.

I’m also looking forward to him yelling “You did your best and that’s okay!” at his players when they turn the ball over or fall asleep on defense.

sedated
03-11-2020, 03:39 PM
Can't imagine the financial loss to the host cities.

OTOH, the TV ratings will go through the roof. Especially with everyone quarantining themselves/working from home.

sedated
03-11-2020, 03:40 PM
I don't mind that much...as long as they don't cancel the F-ing thing.

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-11-2020, 03:55 PM
So it'll be essentially like playing a game @ the Frank C. Erwin, Jr., Special Events Center...

Mr. Plow
03-11-2020, 04:02 PM

That's a concern imo.

CasselGotPeedOn
03-11-2020, 04:08 PM
Postpone it a month so the fans can attend. No one wants to watch glorified scrimmages.

DJay23
03-11-2020, 04:44 PM
I have to think no fans favors the higher seeds.

Guess who will be the highest seed...

BWillie
03-11-2020, 04:55 PM

All it will take is one, literally one, player contracting the Coronavirus to shut the entire tournament down. I hope it doesn't happen.

I think they should just give us the Natty. We are the overall #1 seed. We have every single #1 votes. We are #1 in every analytical rankings.

Kansas Jayhawks, the 2020 Helm NCAA National Champions.

Hang another banner.

Reerun_KC
03-11-2020, 05:10 PM
The plague is upon us.

Red Dawg
03-11-2020, 05:36 PM
We all gonna die.

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-11-2020, 05:41 PM
We all gonna die.

Again? Well Fuck.

BigRedChief
03-11-2020, 05:44 PM
All it will take is one, literally one, player contracting the Coronavirus to shut the entire tournament down. I hope it doesn't happen.

I think they should just give us the Natty. We are the overall #1 seed. We have every single #1 votes. We are #1 in every analytical rankings.

Kansas Jayhawks, the 2020 Helm NCAA National Champions.

Hang another banner.some of these coaches and assistant coaches are over 60. One of them could get it too.

Buehler445
03-11-2020, 05:46 PM
Again? Well Fuck.

Too late asshole! I'm already dead! HAHA

Titty Meat
03-11-2020, 05:54 PM

Yeah like when the Cleveland Browns ran their front office based on that nonsense and went 0-16. It hasnt helped KU in March at all.

KC_Connection
03-11-2020, 08:15 PM
When they end up cancelling the tournament in a few days, I say we put a banner up anyway for sure. We'll be #1 in the polls assuming no loss tomorrow (if there even is a game tomorrow).

Prison Bitch
03-11-2020, 08:49 PM
When they end up cancelling the tournament in a few days, I say we put a banner up anyway for sure. We'll be #1 in the polls assuming no loss tomorrow (if there even is a game tomorrow).

#1 in every poll, computer, and Casino.

That’s a clean sweep. Hang it.

KC_Connection
03-11-2020, 09:10 PM
I'm OK with the last NCAA game I watch this season being a KSU loss. Get it done, TCU.

KC_Connection
03-11-2020, 09:11 PM
#1 in every poll, computer, and Casino.

That’s a clean sweep. Hang it.
I don't see any reason why not. We've done it before when the tournament wasn't held and have every right to do so now.

BigRedChief
03-11-2020, 09:16 PM
The tournament ain’t going to happen. Best team and chance we have had since Chambers era and we are not even going to take the floor.

Reerun_KC
03-11-2020, 09:18 PM
Yeah it’s about to be cancelled due to vaginitis.

sedated
03-11-2020, 09:20 PM
IMHO, they won't cancel the tournament. Too much money, and "worst case" is still speculation and a long way away. Precaution is one thing, canceling the World Series/Super Bowl/Tournament is another.

#optimistic

BigRedChief
03-11-2020, 09:22 PM
IMHO, they won't cancel the tournament. Too much money, and "worst case" is still speculation and a long way away. Precaution is one thing, canceling the World Series/Super Bowl/Tournament is another.

#optimisticif the Cornhuskers coach has it, it’s going to be hard for the NCAA to move forward with the NBA canceling games.

KC_Connection
03-11-2020, 09:26 PM

#optimistic
Just wait until one player on any one of these 64+ schools gets diagnosed. It's going to happen and that's curtains.

KC_Connection
03-11-2020, 09:26 PM
if the Cornhuskers coach has it, it’s going to be hard for the NCAA to move forward with the NBA canceling games.
If Hoiberg actually does have it, that's it right there. Nebraska has played several tournament teams the past couple of weeks.

Mr. Plow
03-11-2020, 09:30 PM
The tournament ain’t going to happen. Best team and chance we have had since Chambers era and we are not even going to take the floor.

The Marto Chambers era?

Chief Pagan
03-11-2020, 09:30 PM

Oh KU should absolutely hang a banner.

The whining from Jayhawk haters would be gorgeous.

BigRedChief
03-11-2020, 09:32 PM
The Marto Chambers era?:LOL:sorry typo’d the **** up out of that post.

Mr. Plow
03-11-2020, 09:33 PM
:LOL:sorry typo’d the fuck up in that post.

Marto was a solid role player. Wouldn't have won without him.

Demonpenz
03-11-2020, 09:37 PM
Marto Chalmers

KC_Connection
03-11-2020, 09:39 PM
TCU chokes, Weber presumably ends his KSU coaching career with a win. Disgusting.

Mr. Plow
03-11-2020, 09:40 PM
Marto Chalmers

Marto Chambers is step brother of Marco Chalmers who is a long lost cousin of Mario Chalmers.

Prison Bitch
03-12-2020, 08:29 AM
https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FPmvDNqS%2Fku-morona-virus.jpg&hash=3b5bff4615711500f4b5dae1db1eee11

sedated
03-12-2020, 09:53 AM
if the Cornhuskers coach has it, it’s going to be hard for the NCAA to move forward with the NBA canceling games.

Did the NBA "cancel" games, or are they just moving the season back and will make them up when/if this whole thing has calmed down?

Mr. Plow
03-12-2020, 09:56 AM
Conference tournaments going down. NCAA likely to follow would be my guess.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: the AAC, SEC and Big Ten Tournaments have been canceled, all per releases.</p>&mdash; CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsHQ/status/1238129720266498049?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Plow
03-12-2020, 09:57 AM
Texas & Tech were out warming up and they were sent back to locker rooms. Texas apparently says game was cancelled.

Mr. Plow
03-12-2020, 09:57 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here’s a peak inside Sprint Center. Texas and Texas Tech teams were out shooting, they’ve gone back into the locker rooms. Texas broadcast says the game has been cancelled. <a href="https://t.co/dGbEYx8TQM">pic.twitter.com/dGbEYx8TQM</a></p>&mdash; Todd Leabo (@Leabonics) <a href="https://twitter.com/Leabonics/status/1238129892975431685?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Plow
03-12-2020, 09:58 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sr. Assoc Commissioner Tim Allen tells us the <a href="https://twitter.com/Big12Conference?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Big12Conference</a> there will be an 11am presser. You can bet it’s to announce the tournament has been cancelled.</p>&mdash; Todd Leabo (@Leabonics) <a href="https://twitter.com/Leabonics/status/1238131244677902336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiTown
03-12-2020, 10:07 AM
Congrats on finishing the season #1 ku fans.

HANG THAT BANNER!

Mr. Plow
03-12-2020, 10:09 AM

HANG THAT BANNER!

2020 Consensus Coronavirus National Champions

Donger
It would have been so cool to have two Kansas teams win their championships in the same year. Oh well.

KC_Connection

HANG THAT BANNER!
Don't worry, we will.

kcjayhawks5
03-12-2020, 10:10 AM
This counts! KU #1!!!!

KC_Connection
03-12-2020, 10:11 AM
The students should be out on Mass Street like '08 right now. With masks of course.

Reerun_KC

HANG THAT BANNER!

Yep if everyone is quitting.

Quitters never win.

bdj23
This is insane. The whole country is shutting down around us.

Lzen
03-12-2020, 10:16 AM
It would have been so cool to have two Kansas teams win their championships in the same year. Oh well.

ROFL

SupDock
03-12-2020, 10:16 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big 12 also canceling its tourney.</p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1238130615935008769?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pablo
03-12-2020, 10:17 AM
Sick National Title win!

ChiTown
K-State split the Conference Tourney Title with Okie Lite.

#feelsgoodman

Reerun_KC

Can the mods remove this political BS from this thread and remove Donger as well.

Would seem appropriate

Reerun_KC
03-12-2020, 10:18 AM

#feelsgoodman

Congratulations. ��������

Hanging a Banner? DVD?

Lzen
03-12-2020, 10:19 AM

#feelsgoodman

LMAO

ChiTown
03-12-2020, 10:26 AM
Congratulations. ��������

Hanging a Banner? DVD?

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o85xIO33l7RlmLR4I/source.gif

Reerun_KC
03-12-2020, 10:27 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o85xIO33l7RlmLR4I/source.gif

Go big or go home.

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-12-2020, 10:51 AM
This is insane. The whole country is shutting down around us.

Its almost like that one time it snowed a half inch in El Paso.

Mr. Plow
03-12-2020, 10:52 AM
Its almost like that one time it snowed a half inch in El Paso.

Like when it iced in Atlanta and people just started leaving their vehicles on the highway.

ChiTown
03-12-2020, 10:59 AM
I'm guessing the NCAA Tourney will get officially cancelled this afternoon.

You are going to finish #1 in both polls. Grats!

Reerun_KC
03-12-2020, 11:02 AM

Banner time. Bitches.

smithandrew051
03-12-2020, 11:03 AM
Crazy to think that Doke never played in a Big 12 tournament game.

How many 4 year guys play major minutes every game and never played in the conference tourney? Such an oddity.

bdj23
03-12-2020, 11:11 AM

BCS champions!

ChiTown
03-12-2020, 11:14 AM
BCS champions!

I liked Mr. Plows shirt idea.

2020 NCAA Coronavirus Champs

Lzen
03-12-2020, 12:15 PM
https://www.wibw.com/content/news/KU-cancels-all-athletic-events--568743071.html

The University of Kansas has canceled all athletic travel and athletic events indefinitely, according to a statement from Director of Athletics Jeff Long.

"Our highest priority at Kansas Athletics is to ensure the safety and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches and staff." said Long, adding that the decision to cancel travel and events came at the recommendation of medical professionals.

Men's basketball coach Bill Self made remarks on the cancellation of the Big 12 Tournament, saying that it was the "right and necessary thing to do." Women's basketball coach Brandon Schneider echoed Self's sentiments, noting that the health and safety of the players "will always be priority number one".

SupDock
03-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Duke and KU suspend athletics. Looking like the tournament is not happening.

SupDock
03-12-2020, 12:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just got a call from a Kansas official. Their statement has been misinterpreted. Kansas has NOT pulled out of NCAA Tournament. Key word: Cancelled travel, events &quot;indefinitely.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/F3TpJVcpRx">https://t.co/F3TpJVcpRx</a></p>&mdash; Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) <a href="https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1238171875081162753?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Plow
03-12-2020, 12:53 PM
I liked Mr. Plows shirt idea.

2020 NCAA Coronavirus Champs

https://oi47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/HutchJayhawk/2020%20Jayhawk%20Champs_zpsauarcsbb.png

Lzen
03-12-2020, 01:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just got a call from a Kansas official. Their statement has been misinterpreted. Kansas has NOT pulled out of NCAA Tournament. Key word: Cancelled travel, events &quot;indefinitely.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/F3TpJVcpRx">https://t.co/F3TpJVcpRx</a></p>&mdash; Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) <a href="https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1238171875081162753?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

These are conflicting statements. :spock:

smithandrew051
03-12-2020, 01:06 PM
2020 Champs!!! We fucking did it!!!

Best sports year ever!!!

KC_Connection
03-12-2020, 01:27 PM
It's going to be a beautiful moment when we get our 2020 banner put up. I'll have to fly down for it.

Where does a second title place Self among his contemporaries?

RealSNR
03-12-2020, 01:36 PM
Kansas and Duke pulling out of NCAA Tournament.

North Carolina said that, too.

Buehler445
03-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Kansas and Duke pulling out of NCAA Tournament.

North Carolina said that, too.

North Carolina made the tournament? If so, LOL. They’re garbage.

RealSNR
03-12-2020, 01:40 PM
North Carolina made the tournament? If so, LOL. They’re garbage.

That was the joke. They didn't make the tournament

smithandrew051
03-12-2020, 01:49 PM
It's going to be a beautiful moment when we get our 2020 banner put up. I'll have to fly down for it.

Where does a second title place Self among his contemporaries?

Probably still ranks him behind Wooden, K, Rupp, Knight, and Roy all time.

Springboards him way ahead of Donovan, Wright, Iba, Calipari, etc.

Given his regular season dominance and 2 national titles, he’s probably the best coach with 2 national titles and better than Jim Calhoun (who has 3).

I would also say it also makes Self the best coach in school history. Phog was great, but it’s much harder in this era. Phog also coached at Kansas for like 40 years. Self has been here for 16.

CasselGotPeedOn
03-12-2020, 01:54 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nearly 10 of the top coaches in college basketball have spoken and are on board with the following idea, source told me. <br><br>- Selection Sunday on as planned. <br><br>- Postpone the NCAA Tournament and continue to monitor the situation. <br><br>“We all talked, and agree on this,” once told me.</p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1238175610595401728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reerun_KC
03-12-2020, 01:58 PM
So when does the the championship get awarded?

SupDock
03-12-2020, 02:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NCAA cancels remaining winter and spring championships: <a href="https://t.co/p4vCzvzmvo">https://t.co/p4vCzvzmvo</a> <a href="https://t.co/yqAHak4HO5">pic.twitter.com/yqAHak4HO5</a></p>&mdash; Inside the NCAA (@InsidetheNCAA) <a href="https://twitter.com/InsidetheNCAA/status/1238197263358464001?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

big nasty kcnut
03-12-2020, 02:22 PM
So ku national champion?

Deberg_1990
03-12-2020, 02:29 PM
Congrats to the Gayhawks!!

smithandrew051
03-12-2020, 02:33 PM
Doke is going to be the answer to a lot of trivia questions someday.

Who is the only 4 year starter at a major university to go to the Final Four in 100% of his tournament appearances, never win a game in the Final Four, win a National Championship, and never play in a conference tournament?

Buehler445
03-12-2020, 02:53 PM
That was the joke. They didn't make the tournament

Probably still ranks him behind Wooden, K, Rupp, Knight, and Roy all time.

Springboards him way ahead of Donovan, Wright, Iba, Calipari, etc.

Given his regular season dominance and 2 national titles, he’s probably the best coach with 2 national titles and better than Jim Calhoun (who has 3).

I would also say it also makes Self the best coach in school history. Phog was great, but it’s much harder in this era. Phog also coached at Kansas for like 40 years. Self has been here for 16.

You will never ever convince me that Roy is a superior coach. Roy was here for 15 years and never got it done. Self did. Self has been more consistently better. Even more consistently better than Roy at UNC. There isn’t a better comparison than consecutive coaches at a school.

Titty Meat
03-12-2020, 03:02 PM
You will never ever convince me that Roy is a superior coach. Roy was here for 15 years and never got it done. Self did. Self has been more consistently better. Even more consistently better than Roy at UNC. There isn’t a better comparison than consecutive coaches at a school.

Roy has more championships tard

comochiefsfan
03-12-2020, 03:03 PM
You kU idiots realize that you haven’t won anything right?

This is basically the NCAA equivalent of the Expos being in first place when the 1994 strike went down. And I don’t see a flag flying at Nationals Park for that.

Sorry guys, could’ve been your year. Oh well.

Chiefspants
03-12-2020, 03:07 PM

This is basically the NCAA equivalent of the Expos being in first place when the 1994 strike went down. And I don’t see a flag flying at Nationals’ Park for that.

2020 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!! ROCK CHALK!

sedated
03-12-2020, 03:10 PM
This f-ing sucks.

There are some people (me included) that cancelling the tournament is worse than cancelling Christmas.

smithandrew051
03-12-2020, 03:14 PM

I think Self is better, but Roy is more accomplished. Self will surpass him if he stays at Kansas.

smithandrew051
03-12-2020, 03:15 PM

This is basically the NCAA equivalent of the Expos being in first place when the 1994 strike went down. And I don’t see a flag flying at Nationals Park for that.

It was our year. We won it all!! Undefeated in the postseason motherfucker!!!

Bearcat
03-12-2020, 03:16 PM

https://i.imgur.com/cL1kvee.gif

KC_Connection
03-12-2020, 03:28 PM

This is literally no different than the 1922 or 1923 banners currently hanging up at AFH. Nor is it any different than all the pre-BCS era national championships claimed in football.

Like it or not, we will be claiming the title and raising a banner soon enough.

comochiefsfan
03-12-2020, 03:29 PM
This is literally no different than the 1922 or 1923 banners currently hanging up at AFH. Nor is it any different than all the pre-BCS era national championships claimed in football.

Like it or not, we will be claiming the title and raising a banner soon enough.

And you will rightly be ridiculed and laughed at if you do so.

It would be UCF all over again. Hilariously embarrassing.

KC_Connection
03-12-2020, 03:30 PM
This f-ing sucks.

There are some people (me included) that cancelling the tournament is worse than cancelling Christmas.
Look at it this way. There was about a 10-15% chance of it ending well, but a 85-90% chance of it ending in crushing disappointment. It's not the end of the world to miss out on those odds (although ironically the world may actually be ending as we know it).

KC_Connection
03-12-2020, 03:31 PM

KU/Self are already the most hated school/coach in the sport and the NCAA is attempting to drop the worst punishment on them since the SMU death penalty. You think they care about ridicule? Do you think I do?

KU will be claiming this title. It's only a matter of time now.

KC_Connection
03-12-2020, 03:33 PM
Self and Coach K are in a tier of their own honestly among coaches in our lifetimes (or at least my lifetime). I don't have time to go through all the numbers right now (perhaps later when we're all stuck in quarantine), but this title even makes that even more clear.

TomBarndtsTwin
03-12-2020, 03:48 PM
So Coronavirus is now just as successful at KU as Bill Self. They’ve each led KU to one undefeated postseason and a national title.

Congrats.

KC_Connection
03-12-2020, 03:57 PM
So Coronavirus is now just as successful at KU as Bill Self. They’ve each led KU to one undefeated postseason and a national title.

Congrats.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hang a banner?<br><br>Kansas has the best claim to the national championship after the NCAA tournament&#39;s cancellation.<a href="https://t.co/3guqTTWI1u">https://t.co/3guqTTWI1u</a></p>&mdash; For The Win (@ForTheWin) <a href="https://twitter.com/ForTheWin/status/1238221297290637312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Soon.

TomBarndtsTwin
03-12-2020, 04:05 PM
Hang that banner. They’re the AP #1. More power to KU.

Not any different than the Helms championships.

Just be thankful you didn’t have to play through a grueling NCAA Tourney in which the odds, historically, have not favored the #1 overall seed.

Prison Bitch
03-12-2020, 04:10 PM

Won best team of 2019-20. It’s unanimous across all polls computers and casinos.

Banner going up. You being pissed off = a feature, not a bug.

Prison Bitch
03-12-2020, 04:13 PM
Hang that banner. They’re the AP #1. More power to KU.

Not any different than the Helms championships.

It’s nothing at all like that.

Just be thankful you didn’t have to play through a grueling NCAA Tourney in which the odds, historically, have not favored the #1 overall seed.

Obviously.

PHOG
03-12-2020, 04:16 PM
All Right!!!! Way to go boys, I knew you could do it!!! 2020 National Champs!! :rockon::KU::rockon::KU::rockon::KU:

smithandrew051
03-12-2020, 04:17 PM
There have been teams that were just okay to win the NCAA tournament.

No team that is just okay could’ve done what KU did this year.

Only 3 losses. 2 of which (Duke and Nova) were more about KU losing it. The other loss featured a key injury for KU.

Great season and well deserved National Champs.

Chief Pagan
03-12-2020, 04:18 PM

Tell us how you really feel.

Let the hate flow out of you.

BWillie
03-12-2020, 04:24 PM
If there was not a clear cut team, I can see it. But this is no different than the football national champions before 15? years ago before the BCS. In fact, we have the most claim to it compared to those sometimes disputed ones.

We are unanimously #1 in the Coaches poll.
Unanimously #1 in AP poll.
#1 in Kenpom by a huge margin.
#1 in Sagarin.

Hang the banner, buy the T-shirt. Have the parade (eventually).

Chief Pagan
03-12-2020, 04:28 PM
Look at it this way. There was about a 10-15% chance of it ending well, but a 85-90% chance of it ending in crushing disappointment. It's not the end of the world to miss out on those odds (although ironically the world may actually be ending as we know it).

The chance of winning it all might only be 10 or 15 percent, although I would take the over on that.

But it is too bad they won't be able to compete for a final four. The chance of a FF ring is obviously a lot higher.

ChiefsFanatic
03-12-2020, 04:38 PM
If there was not a clear cut team, I can see it. But this is no different than the football national champions before 15? years ago before the BCS. In fact, we have the most claim to it compared to those sometimes disputed ones.

We are unanimously #1 in the Coaches poll.
Unanimously #1 in AP poll.
#1 in Kenpom by a huge margin.
#1 in Sagarin.

Hang the banner, buy the T-shirt. Have the parade (eventually).And we finished with the #1 SOS. We had two losses that were last second losses, and we avenged our one true defeat.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Pablo
03-12-2020, 04:38 PM
I gotta say I would have loved to watch us win 9 more games or whatever you get that 'Ship, but this one feels pretty awesome all the same!

Rock Chalk Champions!!!

Sassy Squatch
03-12-2020, 04:52 PM
Please hang the banner. The ridicule and derision would last forever and the NCAA gets to gnash their teeth and be humiliated. Wins all around.

LiveSteam
03-12-2020, 05:17 PM
Oh cool.
*************************************************************************************************

Like asterisk mean anything

Titty Meat
03-12-2020, 05:49 PM
The 1 time KU didnt choke in March.

Hang the banner.

Prison Bitch
03-12-2020, 06:04 PM
”This decision is based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat, our ability to ensure the events do not contribute to the spread of the pandemic and the impracticality of hosting such events at any time during the academic year given the ongoing decisions by other entities," the NCAA said in statement.

key part: they’re admitting it’s a lawsuit prevention issue. They don’t give a shit about the students (they know young people don’t die from this) and they could play in empty arenas for a bit. But what they can’t have: LAWSUITS. Even one arena worker who catches this can sue, any bus driver who carried them in, on and on.

That’s why all forms of entertainment are shutting down but schools, workplaces, restaurants, bars etc aren’t.

KC_Connection
03-12-2020, 06:47 PM
”This decision is based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat, our ability to ensure the events do not contribute to the spread of the pandemic and the impracticality of hosting such events at any time during the academic year given the ongoing decisions by other entities," the NCAA said in statement.

key part: they’re admitting it’s a lawsuit prevention issue. They don’t give a shit about the students (they know young people don’t die from this) and they could play in empty arenas for a bit. But what they can’t have: LAWSUITS. Even one arena worker who catches this can sue, any bus driver who carried them in, on and on.

That’s why all forms of entertainment are shutting down but schools, workplaces, restaurants, bars etc aren’t.

Insurers have likely told them they won’t pay for such losses if the event goes ahead. It’s a business decision for sure.

BigRedChief
03-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Why didn’t they suspend the tournament like the other sports leagues did? Why jump right to cancellation?

Bearcat
03-12-2020, 06:59 PM

Saying they don't want to contribute to the spread of the pandemic -- which is literally the one and only public-facing reason there is to cancel events -- is "admitting it's lawsuit prevention issue"?

I'm sure that's part of it, but FFS that's some DC cesspool level of spin to interpret that statement as anything besides exactly what it says. :facepalm:

Prison Bitch
03-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Insurers have likely told them they won’t pay for such losses if the event goes ahead. It’s a business decision for sure.

Precisely.

smithandrew051
03-12-2020, 07:36 PM
Oh my god this his hilarious.

https://mobile.twitter.com/clubtrillion/status/1238224786599239681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1238224786599239681&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2FArticle%2FSpoof-One-Shining-Moment-video-makes-rounds-on-Twitter-144964097%2F

Buehler445
03-12-2020, 07:45 PM
Roy has more championships tard

He had 0 at KU fucklehead. Self has 1. That is the most even comparison. You’re angry trolling today. Did you leave boyfriend leave you or some shit?

This f-ing sucks.

Christmas can get fucked. I hate Christmas. Love basketball.

Yeah. It was never anything else.

Al Czervik
03-12-2020, 08:31 PM
The 1 time KU didnt choke in March.

Hang the banner.

God you suck at this.....
Dont say I didnt try and help your dumbass....

https://www.dedoimedo.com/life/guide-trolling.html

Titty Meat
03-12-2020, 08:39 PM
He had 0 at KU ****lehead. Self has 1. That is the most even comparison. You’re angry trolling today. Did you leave boyfriend leave you or some shit?

Christmas can get ****ed. I hate Christmas. Love basketball.

Yeah. It was never anything else.

How many at UNC tho?

smithandrew051
03-12-2020, 08:40 PM
Beyond the potential for lawsuits, empty arenas are bad for branding. It’s really hard to sell the idea to people that a tournament is important with an empty awkward arena. A tournament with no fans would devalue the title in the minds of the fans. Probably wouldn’t last forever, but still.

It’s really interesting to listen to old wrestling promoters talk about how they would sell the idea to the fans that what they’re watching is important. Just because sports aren’t scripted doesn’t mean that leagues don’t have to sell this idea as well.

SupDock
03-12-2020, 08:44 PM
Beyond the potential for lawsuits, empty arenas are bad for branding. It’s really hard to sell the idea to people that a tournament is important with an empty awkward arena. A tournament with no fans would devalue the title in the minds of the fans. Probably wouldn’t last forever, but still.

It’s really interesting to listen to old wrestling promoters talk about how they would sell the idea to the fans that what they’re watching is important. Just because sports aren’t scripted doesn’t mean that leagues don’t have to sell this idea as well.

Seems like a stretch

smithandrew051
03-12-2020, 08:45 PM
Seems like a stretch

It’s a lesser point for sure, but I think it’s true.

I can’t believe the players would’ve cared as much with zero fans in attendance. Would’ve been more awkward than anything.

KC_Connection
03-12-2020, 08:46 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🚨🚨 CHAMPIONSHIP SHIRTS 🚨🚨<br><br>DM US TO PREORDER NOW ‼️‼️ <br><br>Website with link to buy coming this weekend as well. <br><br>S/o to the legend <a href="https://twitter.com/woodymlb4?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@woodymlb4</a> for the design. <a href="https://t.co/sArNSll87l">pic.twitter.com/sArNSll87l</a></p>&mdash; Aint No Seats Podcast (@AintNoSeatsPod) <a href="https://twitter.com/AintNoSeatsPod/status/1238276914672009221?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'll be grabbing one of these.

DJay23
03-12-2020, 08:56 PM
I can't tell if this feels worse than losing in the tournament or not. I am definitely not feeling great about it.

comochiefsfan
03-12-2020, 09:47 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🚨🚨 CHAMPIONSHIP SHIRTS 🚨🚨<br><br>DM US TO PREORDER NOW ‼️‼️ <br><br>Website with link to buy coming this weekend as well. <br><br>S/o to the legend <a href="https://twitter.com/woodymlb4?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@woodymlb4</a> for the design. <a href="https://t.co/sArNSll87l">pic.twitter.com/sArNSll87l</a></p>&mdash; Aint No Seats Podcast (@AintNoSeatsPod) <a href="https://twitter.com/AintNoSeatsPod/status/1238276914672009221?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'll be grabbing one of these.

Imagine actually wearing one of those.

How embarrassing.

Pablo
03-12-2020, 09:49 PM

How embarrassing.

Imagine being a mutt fan.

How embarrassing.

Chiefspants
03-12-2020, 10:01 PM

How embarrassing.

I imagine fans in of your institution can’t quite quantify how it would feel to wear a “National Champion” shirt.

You’re welcome to borrow my gear whenever if you want to know what it’s like.

Prison Bitch
03-12-2020, 10:32 PM
I can't tell if this feels worse than losing in the tournament or not. I am definitely not feeling great about it.

I’m fine. We were unanimous #1. A black swan event happened. It’s ok. We hang a banner. Zero question.

I also feel Gonzaga, Dayton, Baylor hang Final Four banners. They earned it too under the situation. At the Indy 500 a race is official after 101 of 200 laps of weather intervenes. They give a trophy to the winner even at 110 laps if it doesn’t finish. Same story here.

KC_Connection
03-12-2020, 10:45 PM

How embarrassing.
I'll wear it to our banner raising ceremony.

KC_Connection
03-12-2020, 10:46 PM
I’m fine. We were unanimous #1. A black swan event happened. It’s ok. We hang a banner. Zero question.

I also feel Gonzaga, Dayton, Baylor hang Final Four banners. They earned it too under the situation. At the Indy 500 a race is official after 101 of 200 laps of weather intervenes. They give a trophy to the winner even at 110 laps if it doesn’t finish. Same story here.
You don't get the jubilation moment at the end of a championship title game obviously, but the satisfaction about being the best team in a given year is very much still there.

We were the best by far and proved it over 30+ games. The championship is more than deserved.

comochiefsfan
03-12-2020, 11:31 PM
I'll wear it to our banner raising ceremony.

You'll just have to vacate it anyways once the NCAA drops the hammer on you guys.

So I guess with that in mind you may as well go ahead and enjoy your fake title while you can.

Mr. Plow
03-13-2020, 07:03 AM
You'll just have to vacate it anyways once the NCAA drops the hammer on you guys.

So I guess with that in mind you may as well go ahead and enjoy your fake title while you can.

It will count as the post season ban AND a National Championship. Win/win for everyone.

:KU::KU: 2020 National Champions!! :KU::KU:

BWillie
03-13-2020, 08:11 AM
I'm disappointed on the selection of shirts so far, but it's early. It's only been a day since we won the National Title.

Pablo
03-13-2020, 09:28 AM

They only drop the hammer on schools that are stupid enough to comply with their requests.

smithandrew051
03-13-2020, 09:54 AM
Can’t wait for Late Nite 2020!!!! Raising the fucking banner!!!

Chiefs: Super Bowl Champs
Jayhawks: NCAA Basketball Champs

It’s a great year.

bdj23
03-13-2020, 10:01 AM
I know I'm in a small minority here, but I really don't care if they award KU the national championship or not. I get the extraordinary circumstances, but it will just feel like one of those Helms titles.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2020, 10:13 AM
I know I'm in a small minority here, but I really don't care if they award KU the national championship or not. I get the extraordinary circumstances, but it will just feel like one of those Helms titles.

How did you feel when they raised those Helms titles the first time?

We’re you in the didn’t care category then as well?

Prison Bitch
03-13-2020, 10:22 AM

Can’t please everyone. But I’m pleased. Hang it, we were unanimous #1.

bdj23
03-13-2020, 10:29 AM
How did you feel when they raised those Helms titles the first time?

We’re you in the didn’t care category then as well?

I'm indifferent to them, same as I am to this one. I guess a banner is a banner and they are they best team, but it doesn't really matter to me.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2020, 10:51 AM
I'm indifferent to them, same as I am to this one. I guess a banner is a banner and they are they best team, but it doesn't really matter to me.

I think you missed the satire of my post.

bdj23
03-13-2020, 10:55 AM
I think you missed the satire of my post.

Yeah I know, I wasn't alive when they were hung. But if I recall correctly, they've gone from Helms Champion banners to just National Championship banners somewhat recently.

SithCeNtZ
03-13-2020, 11:03 AM
What I've never understood is why there isn't some trophy for the NCAA #1 overall seed. We have trophies in every other sport that are above winning a division but not winning a title. It seems like that would have been a good compromise here: yes Kansas didn't win the tournament but they did win the #1 overall seed so that gets you something. The fact that there isn't a tournament and basically the entire season is now rendered worthless is a testament to just how little the regular season matters.

CasselGotPeedOn
03-13-2020, 11:12 AM

How embarrassing.

Being an inbred Mizzou fan, you'll never have to worry about it...

https://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1013897/missouri_1.jpg

BWillie
03-13-2020, 11:29 AM
What I've never understood is why there isn't some trophy for the NCAA #1 overall seed. We have trophies in every other sport that are above winning a division but not winning a title. It seems like that would have been a good compromise here: yes Kansas didn't win the tournament but they did win the #1 overall seed so that gets you something. The fact that there isn't a tournament and basically the entire season is now rendered worthless is a testament to just how little the regular season matters.

I kind of agree with you. In almost every other sport, I wouldn't feel that way. You play best of 7 in NBA, MLB etc. In the NFL you get home games, you get byes, and there isn't tons and tons of teams so it's not really necessary to crown a regular season and post season champion.

But in the NCAA I feel it would be reasonable to have a REGULAR SEASON CHAMPION and an NCAA TOURNAMENT POST SEASON CHAMPION.

If I'm being honest, the overall #1 seed is a bigger accomplishment than winning a 6 game single elimination tournament where luck comes into play. I know that isn't exciting, but it is an accomplishment in itself.

CasselGotPeedOn
03-13-2020, 11:37 AM

You should hang a banner in your room that says "Didn't get my sister pregnant 2019".

Unless you did get your sister pregnant, then there's always this year....

smithandrew051
03-13-2020, 11:37 AM
The NCAA basketball tourney is extremely exciting and fun to watch, but in no way does it determine the best team in the country.

Nzoner
03-13-2020, 11:52 AM
A Cinderellas story for the ages....

CORONA U NATIONAL CHAMP!

comochiefsfan
03-13-2020, 11:54 AM
https://ktgr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/eatit.jpgBeing an inbred Mizzou fan, you'll never have to worry about it...

bdj23
03-13-2020, 12:01 PM
The NCAA basketball tourney is extremely exciting and fun to watch, but in no way does it determine the best team in the country.

In the last decade there has only been two teams outside of the kenpom top 5 to win a national championship and only once to do it out of the top 10

Uconn in 2011 #10
Uconn in 2014 #15

CasselGotPeedOn
03-13-2020, 12:10 PM
https://ktgr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/eatit.jpg

https://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/croppedphotos/2008/01/04/ku_orange_bowl_16-900_t560.jpg?175818f1668e551332f23e61b4b97f4e18860838

lawrenceRaider
03-13-2020, 12:23 PM
Being an inbred Mizzou fan, you'll never have to worry about it...

Funniest thing about that picture is that Duke then proceeds to lose to Lehigh, making Mizzou's accomplishment meaningless.

lawrenceRaider
03-13-2020, 12:25 PM

Just as good as any NCAA football champion up until the Playoff was instituted.

Nzoner
03-13-2020, 12:26 PM
Funniest thing about that picture is that Duke then proceeds to lose to Lehigh, making Mizzou's accomplishment meaningless.

I was in Vegas with our very own Bob Dole that day.Unbelievable.

CasselGotPeedOn
03-13-2020, 12:44 PM
Holy shit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Players in spring sports get another year of eligibility. <br><br>NCAA looking into what to do with those who played winter sports. <a href="https://t.co/7YXwFpV4pM">https://t.co/7YXwFpV4pM</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1238515080456810499?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJJasonp
03-13-2020, 12:48 PM
Holy shit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Players in spring sports get another year of eligibility. <br><br>NCAA looking into what to do with those who played winter sports. <a href="https://t.co/7YXwFpV4pM">https://t.co/7YXwFpV4pM</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1238515080456810499?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was wondering if/when that was going to be considered.

Kind of makes sense.

KC_Connection
03-13-2020, 01:05 PM
Missouri was a far bigger favorite against Norfolk (one of the worst 15 seeds ever) than Duke was against Lehigh. I believe it was statistically the biggest underdog win in the history of the tournament.

Mr. Plow
03-13-2020, 01:23 PM
Such a great year. 2 Kansas team championships in the same year.

bdj23
03-13-2020, 01:23 PM
Missouri was a far bigger favorite against Norfolk (one of the worst 15 seeds ever) than Duke was against Lehigh. I believe it was statistically the biggest underdog win in the history of the tournament.

It was until UVA

KC_Connection
03-13-2020, 01:28 PM
Such a great year. 2 Kansas team championships in the same year.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just received an email notification with a link to one final AP poll ballot. Guessing that&#39;ll come out on Monday like normal.</p>&mdash; Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) <a href="https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/1238536565351202817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Our crowning is coming with the final AP ballot coming on Monday.

Edit: Actually looks like it is Wednesday in the following tweet.

smithandrew051
03-13-2020, 01:37 PM
Bitter Missouri fans are sad that we get to celebrate another National Title.

Let the tears flow. We love it.

smithandrew051
03-13-2020, 01:38 PM
Holy shit

One more year, Doke!!! Come one back Dotson!!!

Run the table and be Back-To-Back NCAA Champs!!!!

Prison Bitch
03-13-2020, 01:46 PM
Doesn’t make any sense at all obv for hoops. They already played the entire full season.

ROYC75
03-13-2020, 02:40 PM
Each year our goal is to win a title, if this is the way we win this year, being the best team at the end of the year,, I'm okay with that. The only thing missing is the championship game excitement.

Prison Bitch
03-13-2020, 03:02 PM
Rivals don’t want KU to acknowledge their unanimous #1 ranking at the end. So that’s an added bonus to doing so.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2020, 03:26 PM
A Cinderellas story for the ages....

CORONA U NATIONAL CHAMP!

Yep. When everyone around you quits and you’re left standing.

Break out some Coronas.

Chief Pagan
03-13-2020, 03:50 PM
I really think KU should hang a banner but it doesn't have to be identical to the others.

If it said something like

2020 #1

It would accurately reflect that KU was the number one team but didn't actually run the gauntlet of winning six straight games in the big dance.

TomBarndtsTwin
03-13-2020, 04:40 PM
I really think KU should hang a banner but it doesn't have to be identical to the others.

2020 #1

It would accurately reflect that KU was the number one team but didn't actually run the gauntlet of winning six straight games in the big dance.

This.

As a Mizzou fan, could care less if KU hangs a banner and claims ‘National Champ’. They finished #1 in all polls.

But let’s keep it real and all acknowledge they didn’t have to run the gauntlet that is the NCAA Tourney. It’s basically another Helms Championship.

Call it what it is. I have no problem with the NCAA acknowledging them as the best team for 2020.

BWillie
03-13-2020, 04:43 PM
Rivals don’t want KU to acknowledge their unanimous #1 ranking at the end. So that’s an added bonus to doing so.

I didn't hear a quote, but I quickly heard on 610 or 810 today that Self was not accepting it as the National Champion and said they will consider the season to have a vacated champion. Did he say that?

I hope he says, if someone wants to give us an award ranking us as the #1 team or champions or whatever we will happily accept it because our kids worked so hard, etc etc.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2020, 05:01 PM
This.

As a Mizzou fan, could care less if KU hangs a banner and claims ‘National Champ’. They finished #1 in all polls.

But let’s keep it real and all acknowledge they didn’t have to run the gauntlet that is the NCAA Tourney. It’s basically another Helms Championship.

Call it what it is. I have no problem with the NCAA acknowledging them as the best team for 2020.

It will probably be an AP championship or something. Not an NCAA championship.

Prison Bitch
03-13-2020, 05:26 PM

2020 #1

It should be a diff notation obv, maybe a diff color.

I’ve sorta always felt 1988 is the outlier banner, since we clearly weren’t the best team that year. Great we got hot for 3 weeks but we went 0-3 vs Dook and OU during the season.

Titty Meat
03-13-2020, 05:30 PM
KU fans relieved they didnt have a tournament to choke in again before the FBI takes down self.

2020 Champs!

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-13-2020, 06:05 PM
KU fans relieved they didnt have a tournament to choke in again before the FBI takes down self.

2020 Champs!

Whoever threw that shade... Your mom's a ho.

Chief Pagan
03-13-2020, 06:22 PM
It should be a diff notation obv, maybe a diff color.

I’ve sorta always felt 1988 is the outlier banner, since we clearly weren’t the best team that year. Great we got hot for 3 weeks but we went 0-3 vs Dook and OU during the season.

Yeah but dem the breaks. So we upset OU in the finals. 97 and plenty of other KU teams got upset.

Kiimo
03-13-2020, 06:23 PM
Imagine being so stupid that you think KU's tournament record can be defined by "choke"

Chief Pagan
03-13-2020, 06:23 PM
It will probably be an AP championship or something. Not an NCAA championship.

That would also work.

ChiefsFanatic
03-14-2020, 03:35 AM
Imagine being so stupid that you think KU's tournament record can be defined by "choke"K-State hung a banner and released a DVD when they finally beat KU in the OOD. MU fans wanted to hang a banner when KU lost to Bradley and Bucknell.

Hell, the year after we lost to Bucknell, MU fans bought out all the available Bucknell shirts and wore them to their home game against KU. They wore another college team's shirts to their own damn arena.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Demonpenz
03-14-2020, 09:23 AM
They did that while Mizzou was pretty good as well. Weird, but whatever gets you through the day.

Titty Meat
03-14-2020, 11:24 AM
Too late fags looks like FSU declared themselves National Champions. KU chokes once again.

Prison Bitch
03-14-2020, 11:48 AM
Too late pillowbiters looks like FSU declared themselves National Champions. KU chokes once again.

They can declare whatever they want. Why would that bother me?

Are you some sorta college sports policeman, keeping order in the fandom world?

TomBarndtsTwin
03-14-2020, 11:54 AM
Many of the states/teams may do this. Doesn’t mean anything.

The question is will the NCAA declare or acknowledge a ‘champion’ for 2020?

If they do, it would have to be Kansas. There’s no other logical option.

But I’m not sure they will. We’ll see, I guess.

BWillie
03-14-2020, 12:01 PM
Too late pillowbiters looks like FSU declared themselves National Champions. KU chokes once again.

Quite a bit of a difference. Id be embarrassed as a fan if my school tried to claim a Title being other than KU or Gonzaga.

Titty Meat
03-14-2020, 12:15 PM
They can declare whatever they want. Why would that bother me?

Are you some sorta college sports policeman, keeping order in the fandom world?

You seem salty that another team won the championship this year.

Prison Bitch
03-14-2020, 02:12 PM
Many of the states/teams may do this. Doesn’t mean anything.

The question is will the NCAA declare or acknowledge a ‘champion’ for 2020?

If they do, it would have to be Kansas. There’s no other logical option.

But I’m not sure they will. We’ll see, I guess.

The ncaa is very unlikely to do anything like that

Bearcat
03-14-2020, 04:15 PM
Seemed like a good time to watch the KU/Duke Elite 8 game from a couple years ago.... it was especially great since I was already headed to San Antonio for the Final Four, plus that douchebag Grayson Allen's shot bouncing off the rim 5 times and out at the end of regulation.

ChiefaRoo
03-14-2020, 05:32 PM

KU fan loses again after being a favorite.

ChiefaRoo
03-14-2020, 05:36 PM

2020 Champs!

KU fan.... only KU fan would want to say they won a Title without playing the actual games. These jokes write themselves.

Chiefspants
03-14-2020, 05:47 PM
KU fan.... only KU fan would want to say they won a Title without playing the actual games. These jokes write themselves.

LMAO

You post more about KU than most alums.

Good luck next year with half your roster transferring. You were all so right - conference championships are easy in actual conferences. How are you doing now that you’re in a B league?

Bearcat
03-14-2020, 06:01 PM
The whole thing is so absurd -- sports being cancelled, hoarding toilet paper, etc..-- that it makes this KU 2020 National Champs thing hilariously absurd.

Any butthurt rival fan attempting to troll the KU fans who already know it's hilariously absurd or rival fans who are otherwise butthurt about it, or any high horse KU fan who thinks it would be embarrassing to raise a banner, is taking sports too seriously and should loosen up a little.

The world is ending and Kansas will be the last National Champs in basketball... deal with it.

KC_Connection
03-14-2020, 06:15 PM
I can't wait for that final AP poll to come out this week so that we can officially mark it down as a championship. I wonder if anybody will decide to troll us or if we'll still be unanimous #1.

Titty Meat
03-14-2020, 06:19 PM
The whole thing is so absurd -- sports being cancelled, hoarding toilet paper, etc..-- that it makes this KU 2020 National Champs thing hilariously absurd.

Any butthurt rival fan attempting to troll the KU fans who already know it's hilariously absurd or rival fans who are otherwise butthurt about it, or any high horse KU fan who thinks it would be embarrassing to raise a banner, is taking sports too seriously and should loosen up a little.

The world is ending and Kansas will be the last National Champs in basketball... deal with it.

FSU are the champs bro

Prison Bitch
03-14-2020, 07:24 PM
The distance on Pomeroy btw 1 and 2 is the same btw 2 and 7

#HangIt

BWillie
03-14-2020, 07:30 PM
FSU are the champs bro

Florida State? You mean as in the basketball team? They lost to a 16-15 Clemson team and a 16-17 Pitt team. Baffling.

Chief Pagan
03-14-2020, 07:31 PM
FSU are the champs bro

Bully for them bro.

Why don't you go spend your time on their site congratulating them.

Bearcat
03-14-2020, 08:14 PM
FSU are the champs bro

They can hang a banner, too, and make shirts.

That's the whole point, fucktard.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-14-2020, 08:48 PM
ROFL....wow

BWillie
03-14-2020, 08:52 PM

That's the whole point, ****tard.

I don't think they can. There is no way they can claim being the best team at this point in time. Kansas for sure, Gonzaga or San Diego State maybe but they haven't played anybody. Dayton already got beat by Kansas. That is about it.

Reerun_KC
03-14-2020, 09:00 PM
I don't think they can. There is no way they can claim being the best team at this point in time. Kansas for sure, Gonzaga or San Diego State maybe but they haven't played anybody. Dayton already got beat by Kansas. That is about it.

Banners for Kansas

Pasta Little Brioni
03-14-2020, 09:03 PM
Banner made out of toilet paper maybe

KCUnited
03-14-2020, 09:03 PM
Does Perry Ellis get another year of eligibility as a result of this?

RaidersOftheCellar
03-14-2020, 09:23 PM
What a shitty break.

KU may have officially had 20% or so odds to win it all, but realistically I think it was much higher. This team could absolutely lock down defensively when needed and had developed into a very balanced team. Shooting may not have been as consistent as you’d like to see but they got a ton of high percentage shots so it wasn’t necessary. Easy buckets + best defense in the nation is a very good recipe for winning it all, particularly in a year like this. And it made them much less susceptible to an upset.

I’d hang a banner that says AP Consensus #1 or even AP National Champs. F anybody who doesn’t like it. This is unprecedented.

As for choking, they’ve had their share, but who hasn’t? Jay Wright and K have choked like nobody’s business. Roy has obviously choked plenty. Bennett has choked every year but last year, including the only loss to a 16 seed. And a lot of the smaller programs have choked as much or more with far fewer opportunities to choke.

Kentucky doesn’t have many early round flameouts, but when you have 3x the talent of KU, expectations should be final four nearly every year. They’ve had plenty of relative chokes. 15 Kentucky was considered the greatest roster ever and didn’t reach the title game. 2010 Kentucky was loaded and got blown out in the elite 8. A few years ago they got bounced by Brucey and Kstate.

Also, few coaches have had the injury luck that Bill’s had. No Embiid in the tourney, Azubuike 2x (now 3). That’s significant. But Bill does need another title to cement his place as one of the best. This should’ve been the year.

Demonpenz
03-14-2020, 10:36 PM
Does Perry Ellis get another year of eligibility as a result of this?

with his age he is in the at high risk with the virus.

Pablo
03-14-2020, 11:34 PM
Banner made out of toilet paper maybe

We don't hang mutt shirts in AFH.

Chief Pagan
03-15-2020, 12:13 AM
My first thought was

But in light of this thread I'm beginning to change my mind. Maybe:

#1 Champs
Suck it haters!

Titty Meat
03-15-2020, 02:49 AM

That's the whole point, ****tard.

Someone sounds peanut butter jelly

Prison Bitch
03-15-2020, 11:12 AM
Billay all mad Cornfuggers moved away and faded into irrelevance and nobody here in KC ever talks about them. He has to talk about KU or at some times, KSU or Mizzouche to talk college sports. The BIG move was a shitty deal for KC corn fans. Totally isolated now

Chiefspants
03-15-2020, 11:29 AM
Billay all mad Cornfuggers moved away and faded into irrelevance and nobody here in KC ever talks about them. He has to talk about KU or at some times, KSU or Mizzouche to talk college sports. The BIG move was a shitty deal for KC corn fans. Totally isolated now

I too remember when moving to the Big 10 was going to make Nebraska a national power.

Honest question - which Power 5 schools have directly benefited from switching conferences?

Pablo
03-15-2020, 11:32 AM

Nebrasketball is back on the map with the Blonde Con at the helm. Shit, they even doubled down on another Blonde Con for foozball. Impressive.

Credit to PB on that great nickname btw.

Pablo
03-15-2020, 11:35 AM
I too remember when moving to the Big 10 was going to make Nebraska a national power.

Honest question - which Power 5 schools have directly benefited from switching conferences?

They talked about this last week on 610. They said Colorado, TCU and I think WVU maybe. Texas A&M got more recruiting leverage I guess for football.

Of the local schools, Nubs don't align at all with the others BIGs academically or culturally and will now be fisted by tOSU and (lol) Iowa forever and ever and ever.

Mutts are the fleshlight of the SEC. The big boys pump into them to keep their stamina up and then use that energy for a playoff spot or demolish some PAC school in a bowl game that actually matters. They can't even compete in men's basketball in that trash conference, lulz.

Pablo
03-15-2020, 11:41 AM
Beautiful art I made for another thread that accurately portrays the mutts lot in life:

https://i.imgur.com/s2Qt0NU.png