PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

eazyb81
10-03-2011, 01:04 PM
I think Neinas is underestimating the Mizzou fanbase. If I were a Tigers fan, I'd drive 600 miles to see Mizzou play in Tuscaloosa or Knoxville before driving 300 to see them play in Ames.

This is absolutely correct, and he is just grasping at straws now to try and scare the undecided portion of the fanbase.

DeezNutz
10-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Neinas also said that Missouri should stay "because of the basketball tournament at Kemper Arena."

So it's pretty clear that our new interim bitch is in the loop.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Neinas also said that Missouri should stay "because of the basketball tournament at Kemper Arena."

Neinas is looking more and more like a complete out of touch idiot. As well as the guy seems to be respected, is it just an act or what?

No "proud member of the Big XII conference" statements by Mizzou today...so that is a good sign. :)

|Zach|
10-03-2011, 01:11 PM

Surely you jest.

eazyb81
10-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Neinas also asked how Mizzou could leave the Big 12 and end Norm Stewart's yearly battles with Billy Tubbs, Johnny Orr, and Jack Hartman.

HemiEd
10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Neinas also asked how Mizzou could leave the Big 12 and end Norm Stewart's yearly battles with Billy Tubbs, Johnny Orr, and Jack Hartman.

ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Jesus this thread sucks now

kstater
10-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Mizzou's Homegaming game against ISU will be televised, well, nowhere. Gotta love this conference.

Incidentally, this is the 100th Homecoming by the school that invented Homecoming.
Could be on their own network had they chosen to have one, instead they chose to bitch about others' after they voted to allow them.

Sassy Squatch
10-03-2011, 01:56 PM
This thread has HIV...

Braincase
10-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Jesus this thread sucks now

You mean you don't want to get into a protracted argument about whether or not a particular school invented Homecoming, Journalism, the Gutenberg Press, sliced bread and nerf basketball?

mikeyis4dcats.
10-03-2011, 02:14 PM
I look forward to the day we are members of a conference without a man named Christine.

Mr. Laz
10-03-2011, 02:17 PM
This thread has HIV...

i'm noticing a trend

mikeyis4dcats.
10-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Back on track....so MU is set to vote to leave or not leave at 4:00pm Tuesday. Chuck Neinas is more senile that your grandpa who cooked with teflon and aluminum pans all his life. And ATM has a guy named Christine.

What else is going on?

pr_capone
10-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Filter evasion on the threat title.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-03-2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0810/cooter-demotivational-poster-1224422593.jpg&sa=X&ei=lRqKTuLJB-qQsALz4eSiDw&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFYSYX9IPPbH5049CJFejwurAmVRA

|Zach|
10-03-2011, 02:28 PM
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/400/AG/AGUKORXMZCDLXJC.20100614212612.jpg

luv
10-03-2011, 02:29 PM
I haven't really been paying attention, as I don't tend to go in Saul's threads. Can someone give me the skinny on the latest rumors? If MU signs to leave, where would they be going? Haven't heard the latest on that, either.

KChiefs1
10-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Could be on their own network had they chosen to have one, instead they chose to bitch about others' after they voted to allow them.

I'm sorry KSU has no leverage but be glad that MU is looking out for the "special" kids in the conference. Don't expect any KSU, ISU or BU fans to understand that the pressure MU is exerting on Bevo is helping you guys out.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry KSU has no leverage but be glad that MU is looking out for the "special" kids in the conference. Don't expect any KSU, ISU or BU fans to understand that the pressure MU is exerting on Bevo is helping you guys out.

Get real, IF MU is leaving as rumored, that has ZERO to do with anyone but MU. Don't act like you're trying to save us.....you certainly weren't last year.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I haven't really been paying attention, as I don't tend to go in Saul's threads. Can someone give me the skinny on the latest rumors? If MU signs to leave, where would they be going? Haven't heard the latest on that, either.

The $EC.

|Zach|
10-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Get real, IF MU is leaving as rumored, that has ZERO to do with anyone but MU. Don't act like you're trying to save us.....you certainly weren't last year.

If we take concessions and stay itll be a nice boost to you.

Agreed there is no nobole reason but the outcome will be positive for the have nots of the league.

patteeu
10-03-2011, 02:35 PM

Is that really what you think he said?

mikeyis4dcats.
10-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Is that really what you think he said?

he's implying that MU is doing it to help out the rest of the conference, standing up the the big bad bully.

eazyb81
10-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Oh please, wake up. Mizzou is trying for the same equality that KSU, ISU, KU, and others should be trying for but are afraid to speak out of turn. Shared revenue, clear rules for LHN and tier 3 rights, etc. If you guys would have just banded with us instead of leaving us on an island it probably would have had a bigger impact on UT.

DJ's left nut
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM

And aren't this year.

But lets face it, you fellas that are hiding behind UT's skirts aren't doing anyone any favors at all.

At least MU might do something to help the sorry band of stragglers that are still blindly suckling on whatever UT puts in their mouths. Lord knows you fellas weren't inclined to do any actual heavy lifting on your own.

Sure, it's self-interested, but while you guys were coming up with this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AvD2noQaLo4/Tl4wOPEieyI/AAAAAAAACqw/dpqlew7tHvs/s1600/ecoKat.jpg

MU was actually drawing a line in the sand. If we stick around, the pack of sniveling ingrates that is currently lobbing rocks at MU will be better off for our insubordination when we dared actually lobby for UT to make changes.

Yeah - you fellas should totally be indignant. Afterall, you've clearly been instrumental to the changes being considered by the XII.

|Zach|
10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I wonder if they are pressing for merit based bowl slotting.

That would be welcome.

KChiefs1
10-03-2011, 02:38 PM

Wow! You really have a problem with comprehension huh? I give up!

DJ's left nut
10-03-2011, 02:39 PM
he's implying that MU is doing it to help out the rest of the conference, standing up the the big bad bully.

No, he really isn't.

Go back to hoping KU's basketball program can get you a spot in a major conference.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 02:40 PM

That would be welcome.

That is something that has not been mentioned, but I would think Mizzou would be the first to bring that up. Of course, KU would be opposed to such a fair rule.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh please, wake up. Mizzou is trying for the same equality that KSU, ISU, KU, and others should be trying for but are afraid to speak out of turn. Shared revenue, clear rules for LHN and tier 3 rights, etc. If you guys would have just banded with us instead of leaving us on an island it probably would have had a bigger impact on UT.

I'm in the minority, but frankly I don't understand the expectation of equality. Some schools DO earn more than others in rights, and that is great for them. I would have liked to see a more balanced share, for sure, but I'm not going to hate on UT for having clout and the draw to earn more. I am against the LHN showing high school games or highlights due to the unfair recruiting advantages, but I don't hate UT for their tv deal any more than I dislike Notre Dame for their deal. That is just jealousy talking.....everyone of us would take the cash if it was available.

DJ's left nut
10-03-2011, 02:42 PM
That is something that has not been mentioned, but I would think Mizzou would be the first to bring that up. Of course, KU would be opposed to such a fair rule.

Pft - KU wouldn't give a shit.

Afterall, what are the odds of them managing to miss OU and UT in the same season, get their asses kicked on a neutral sight and then back into a BCS bid again?

Let's face it - they aren't worried about that perfect storm of butt-fucking-lucky happening ever again. Sweet Lew only had one soul to sell to get that deal.

eazyb81
I'm in the minority, but frankly I don't understand the expectation of equality. Some schools DO earn more than others in rights, and that is great for them. I would have liked to see a more balanced share, for sure, but I'm not going to hate on UT for having clout and the draw to earn more. I am against the LHN showing high school games or highlights due to the unfair recruiting advantages, but I don't hate UT for their tv deal any more than I dislike Notre Dame for their deal. That is just jealousy talking.....everyone of us would take the cash if it was available.

The expectation is based on what the best conferences in the country already have in place. But if you are content to be SWCjr and let Texas run wild until they blow it up and move on, so be it. I just hope Mizzou isn't still around to have to pick up the pieces.

mikeyis4dcats.
No, he really isn't.

Go back to hoping KU's basketball program can get you a spot in a major conference.

clarify this for me then:
I'm sorry KSU has no leverage but be glad that MU is looking out for the "special" kids in the conference."

DJ's left nut
10-03-2011, 02:43 PM

I know - right?

How the hell else would a tiny agricultural school in the middle of nowhere Kansas that has possibly the worst football program in the history of the sport sans a few glory years under a rapidly aging retiree actually be allowed to play in a major conference?

Keep everything you can get, UT - EkoKat's got your back.

KChiefs1
10-03-2011, 02:44 PM

That would be welcome.

I believe they are...along with reform of the LHN & getting the Big 12 back up to 12 teams with divisions.

DJ's left nut
10-03-2011, 02:44 PM
clarify this for me then:
I'm sorry KSU has no leverage but be glad that MU is looking out for the "special" kids in the conference."

I believe you can stop reading a post literally when he refers to an institution of higher learning as "the special kids"...

But hey, that's just me.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Listening to Neinas from earlier on whb....this guy really seems out of it, not sure if he is really that slow, or if he is just trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes.

DJ's left nut
10-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Listening to Neinas from earlier on whb....this guy really seems out of it, not sure if he is really that slow, or if he is just trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes.

I loved the dude's resume.

Then I heard him give an interview that I'm 90% certain was literally done from a golf-course.

It appears that he's agonizingly overmatched right now. 90% of the posters on this thread seem more qualified to speak to the machinations of the XII than Chuck Neinas does right now.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 02:49 PM

Then I heard him give an interview that I'm 90% certain was literally done from a golf-course.

It appears that he's agonizingly overmatched right now. 90% of the posters on this thread seem more qualified to speak to the machinations of the XII than Chuck Neinas does right now.

I agree...not sure how that effects what will happen with Mizzou.

eazyb81
10-03-2011, 02:51 PM

I think he is the perfect man for the job in UT's eyes.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-03-2011, 02:52 PM
I saw earlier that he mentioned the bball tourney being played at Kemper. I can understand misspeaking about something like that, as when he was Big 8 commish, that was the location. When he starts reading his junk mail and getting all codgity, I'll recommend him to replace Andy Rooney.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Neinas did say that Mizzou would be part of the BIG XII when finally pressed by KK.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Neinas did say that Mizzou would be part of the BIG XII when finally pressed by KK.

he's been touting that line. All public indications from Mizzou certainly contradict though.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 02:55 PM

I listened to that and then switched to 610 where he was interviewed immediately afterwards.

Basically, he sounds like the CEO of a publicly listed company. He isn't going to say anything of substance to Joe Blow. He picks his words very carefully and sticks to the point he wants to make. Being careful may sound like he's slow but Neinas is a smart guy if you listen to him.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 02:56 PM
he's been touting that line. All public indications from Mizzou certainly contradict though.

I certainly hope so.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Mizzou Fan can get in the car and drive to Ames, Manhattan and Lawrence. Which interestingly enough, are the three worst road trips in the conference.

Since when is Lawrence one of the worst road trips? Have you ever been there? I know Lubbock, Waco and Stillwater are hot spots and everyone wants to go there. :rolleyes:

DJ's left nut
10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
I listened to that and then switched to 610 where he was interviewed immediately afterwards.

Basically, he sounds like the CEO of a publicly listed company. He isn't going to say anything of substance to Joe Blow. He picks his words very carefully and sticks to the point he wants to make. Being careful may sound like he's slow but Neinas is a smart guy if you listen to him.

I don't get the feeling that he's unintelligent - rather simply uninformed or uninvested.

He just gives off a very half-assed vibe to me. I half expect him to say "let them eat cake" at some point.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 03:31 PM

Is the 610 bit worth listening too, or did he just restate what he said on 810?

Stewie
10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Is the 610 bit worth listening too, or did he just restate what he said on 810?

He was diplomatic and made no big announcement or anything. He only allows 10 minutes, so it's not a long interview.

He seems confident that MU will stay in the Big XII. He doesn't give any details about why.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
in a related note, is there any message board more annoying in format than Tigerboard?

OnTheWarpath15
10-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Since when is Lawrence one of the worst road trips? Have you ever been there? I know Lubbock, Waco and Stillwater are hot spots and everyone wants to go there. :rolleyes:

The football atmosphere in Lawrence is fucking pathetic - as is most of the B12. The best B12 road trip for Mizzou fans just left for the B1G.

Who gives a shit if Lawrence is only 170 miles from Columbia? Any real football fan would likely rather drive the extra distance to see Mizzou play in a SEC stadium.

Neinas is trying (and failing) to make a point about travel should Mizzou leave. Dude's grasping at straws.

|Zach|
10-03-2011, 03:38 PM
in a related note, is there any message board more annoying in format than Tigerboard?

Fucking horrible.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 03:38 PM
The football atmosphere in Lawrence is fucking pathetic - as is most of the B12. The best B12 road trip for Mizzou fans just left for the B1G.

Who gives a shit if Lawrence is only 170 miles from Columbia? Any real football fan would likely rather drive the extra distance to see Mizzou play in a SEC stadium.

What? When was the last KU football game you went to? And how many tickets were you able to get from Nebraska for one of their home games?

Missouri fans don't travel well. Hell, they don't even travel to Columbia for basketball games.

eazyb81
10-03-2011, 03:40 PM
What? When was the last KU football game you went to?

Missouri fans don't travel well. Hell, they don't even travel to Columbia for basketball games.

Hell, ku fans don't travel to Arrowhead for a supposed rivalry game.

Reerun_KC
10-03-2011, 03:41 PM

Hell Most MU fans are at WOF on Sundays anyway...

Bowser
10-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Hell Most MU fans are at WOF on Sundays anyway...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TcxpbhM0DaA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stewie
10-03-2011, 03:42 PM

I believe that ticket sales for both sides has been about even until last year.

eazyb81
10-03-2011, 03:44 PM
I believe that ticket sales for both sides has been about even until last year.

I believe you didn't attend or watch last year's game if you think that. If you'd like I can dig up some pictures of the raucous ku crowd.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I believe you didn't attend or watch last year's game if you think that. If you'd like I can dig up some pictures of the raucous ku crowd.

You must be an MU fan. You have NO reading comprehension AT ALL. Jesus!

Reerun_KC
10-03-2011, 03:47 PM

And? Why does this have to be a dick measuring contest?

I am a KU fan and I dont give a flying fuck about what OTWP says about my fan experience on Gameday...

Its what you make of it anyway. I have had just as much fun at KU as I have watching games in Clemson, OU, Tulane, Florida St and South Carolina...

Hell I am sure if I want to MU to watch a game it would be a blast regardless of who is playing...

Sassy Squatch
10-03-2011, 03:48 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/7/28/9eb653b4-98c9-4693-8d6d-61810f0fde15.jpg

OnTheWarpath15
10-03-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm not claiming Mizzou football fans travel well. I have no idea.

Then again, I can understand why they wouldn't. Who the fuck wants to go to Lawrence, Ames and Manhattan?

Regardless of if they travel or not, Neinas' argument is desperate at best.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 03:53 PM

Then again, I can understand why they wouldn't. Who the fuck wants to go to Lawrence, Ames and Manhattan?

Who the hell wants to go to Columbia? That's not an argument. I'm sure all the fans of the SEC are praying and praying that MU joins their hillbilly league so they can travel for some of that Missouri kulture.

|Zach|
10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Who the hell wants to go to Columbia? That's not an argument. I'm sure all the fans of the SEC are praying and praying that MU joins their hillbilly league so they can travel for some of that Missouri kulture.

Going to Columbia is a much better experience then going to see Mass St. hippies and announcers going ape shit over a last second win over NIU.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Going to Columbia is a much better experience then going to see Mass St. hippies and announcers going ape shit over a last second win over NIU.

Ignorance is your strong point, by a mile.

|Zach|
10-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Ignorance is your strong point, by a mile.

Fine, there are not hippies on Mass St and your announcer didn't go apeshit over a last second win against NIU.

*throwing up hands* LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
10-03-2011, 03:59 PM

Wow, you're really keeping track of this, aren't you?

No one said anything about going to Columbia. Well, beside you.

Neinas made an ignorant comment saying that "John Q. Fan, he can get in the car and drive to Big 12 games. Besides, Missouri is Midwestern, not Southern."

To which I posted:

What Neinas should have said is that John Q. Mizzou Fan can get in the car and drive to Ames, Manhattan and Lawrence. Which interestingly enough, are the three worst road trips in the conference.

Otherwise, fan travel is pretty similar.

Fayetteville is closer than Lincoln was.

Oxford, Nashville and Lexington are similar distances from Columbia as Norman and Stillwater.

The entire SEC, sans Florida and SC are closer than all of the B12 schools in Texas.

I think Neinas is underestimating the Mizzou fanbase. If I were a Tigers fan, I'd drive 600 miles to see Mizzou play in Tuscaloosa or Knoxville before driving 300 to see them play in Ames.

It's a poor attempt at persuading Mizzou fans that the B12 is a better option.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Fine, there are not hippies on Mass St and your announcer didn't go apeshit over a last second win against NIU.

*throwing up hands* LMAO

Mainly, as a KU grad, I don't give a shit about you're biased opinion. Have you actually been on the KU campus and seen any of the really interesting academia? Ya know, the stuff that people study and care about?

|Zach|
10-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Mainly, as a KU grad, I don't give a shit about you're biased opinion. Have you actually been on the KU campus and seen any of the really interesting academia? Ya know, the stuff that people study and care about?

I absolutely have. It is a fun place to be. I like Liberty hall and Free State brewing company. I have been tapped to do photography on campus.

Having said all that, lets not pretend it is a great destination for Saturday football which is funny because it seems you agree. You went from defending the football destination cred in Lawrence to propping up its academia. That is fine and all...the campus isn't that impressive but the area absolutely is.

HemiEd
10-03-2011, 04:08 PM

Neinas made an ignorant comment saying that "John Q. Fan, he can get in the car and drive to Big 12 games. Besides, Missouri is Midwestern, not Southern."

To which I posted:

It's a poor attempt at persuading Mizzou fans that the B12 is a better option.You insulted going to Lawrence, so Stewie responded by comparing Columbia, anyway that is what I read.

Then again, I can understand why they wouldn't. Who the **** wants to go to Lawrence, Ames and Manhattan?

ChiTown
10-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Having said all that, lets not pretend it is a great destination for Saturday football.

It is when you are the opposing team. :D

DJ's left nut
10-03-2011, 04:11 PM
I thought OTWP was a non-combatant in this one.

I didn't think he had any particular allegiance to MU or KU.

DeezNutz
10-03-2011, 04:11 PM
It is when you are the opposing team. :D

LMAO. Unity.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to thank K-State for graciously allowing Missouri to be a part of the telecast this Saturday.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:12 PM

To which I posted:

It's a poor attempt at persuading Mizzou fans that the B12 is a better option.

You posted that some Big XII schools were Purgatory... like the SEC has these gleaming bastions of milk and honey. Whatever. I posted that Columbia is no destination, in fact, their own fans don't go to games at the USC flunkie arena.

My prediction is that MU stays because the smart people know it's the right thing to do.

ChiTown
10-03-2011, 04:13 PM
LMAO. Unity.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to thank K-State for graciously allowing Missouri to be a part of the telecast this Saturday.

Quit dragging us down. Here, bring this with you this weekend....

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z30/kalynlawl/anchors.jpg

Rams Fan
10-03-2011, 04:13 PM
You posted that some Big XII schools were Purgatory... like the SEC has these gleaming bastions of milk and honey. Whatever. I posted that Columbia is no destination, in fact, their own fans don't go to games at the USC flunkie arena.

My prediction is that MU stays because the smart people know it's the right thing to do.

Staying in a conference that might not be here in 5 years is the right thing to do?

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:14 PM
I absolutely have. It is a fun place to be. I like Liberty hall and Free State brewing company. I have been tapped to do photography on campus.

Having said all that, lets not pretend it is a great destination for Saturday football which is funny because it seems you agree. You went from defending the football destination cred in Lawrence to propping up its academia. That is fine and all...the campus isn't that impressive but the area absolutely is.

I guess I take the KU fan bias to the games. We have a great time. I guess it's like going to Arrowhead when the Chiefs are 0-3. It's still a fun time.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 04:15 PM

The right thing to do? Stay and wind up being on the outside looking in when Texas and OU bolt?

MU staying is not the best for them. It might be the best for KU, KSU, etc. If KU was getting an offer from the SEC, one would be crazy to think they would not be all over it.

|Zach|
10-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I guess I take the KU fan bias to the games. We have a great time. I guess it's like going to Arrowhead when the Chiefs are 0-3. It's still a fun time.

There is no reason not to have a great time.

OnTheWarpath15
10-03-2011, 04:18 PM
I thought OTWP was a non-combatant in this one.

I didn't think he had any particular allegiance to MU or KU.

Correct.

Though I have been to both campuses for both football and basketball games.

And I'll stand by what I said. Regardless of distance (which is the crux of Neinas' comment) I'm betting more Mizzou fans would rather travel to Oxford, Tuscaloosa or Knoxville to see the Tigers play football than Lawrence, Manhattan or Ames.

Just like Mizzou basketball fans would rather road trip to Lawrence than Oxford, Tuscaloosa or Knoxville.

From my POV, Mizzou loses one thing in terms of tradition, history, rivalry, gameday experience, etc if they leave the B12:

Basketball games at Allen Fieldhouse.

And it could be argued that they'll just replace that experience with Kentucky - while gaining a metric fuckton in destination football with the likes of Ole Miss, Bama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, etc.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Staying in conference that might not be here in 5 years is the right thing to do?

If you listen to Neinas it will be much harder to leave the Big XII and it's not just about football. The SEC's penalties have loopholes if they want to leave. Who's to say five years from now that LSU and Arkansas don't get a better offer from another conference?

|Zach|
10-03-2011, 04:20 PM
LMAO

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:20 PM
The right thing to do? Stay and wind up being on the outside looking in when Texas and OU bolt?

MU staying is not the best for them. It might be the best for KU, KSU, etc. If KU was getting an offer from the SEC, one would be crazy to think they would not be all over it.

Where are Texas and OU going to bolt to? The SEC? Wouldn't that be ironic? The PAC already said no.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:22 PM

You have? That wasn't the case when we talked at the BBQ.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 04:22 PM
If you listen to Neinas it will be much harder to leave the Big XII and it's not just about football. The SEC's penalties have loopholes if they want to leave. Who's to say five years from now that LSU and Arkansas don't get a better offer from another conference?

There are no exit fees or penalties to leave the SEC. In a true sign of strength, any team can leave at anytime. The schools in the SEC realize that they are much greater and much more profitable by staying together, something that Texas and OU have yet to learn.

I don't want Mizzou to be in a conference where it is tough to leave, I want Mizzou to be in a conference that no one WANTS to leave.

Saul Good
10-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I appreciate how the non-MU fans are all so worried about the best interests of Mizzou. They all think staying is in our best interests. The fact that it helps their teams is just a bonus.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Where are Texas and OU going to bolt to? The SEC? Wouldn't that be ironic? The PAC already said no.

Texas and OU can come on over to the SEC...but they will have to play by the SEC rules, just like every other member of the conference. Texas and OU do not play well with others, they believe they are entitled to special considerations and rules.

Saul Good
10-03-2011, 04:24 PM

Holy shit.

eazyb81
10-03-2011, 04:25 PM
I appreciate how the non-MU fans are all so worried about the best interests of Mizzou. They all think staying is in our best interests. The fact that it helps their teams is just a bonus.

Yeah, hopefully the "smart" people at Mizzou read this thread and keep us in place in the wonderful Big 12. LMAO

Saul Good
10-03-2011, 04:26 PM
I liked the argument that Missouri is Midwest rather than Southern. Then, I looked on a map and saw that there is exactly 1 Big XII team to the North of Missouri and laughed.

Mr. Plow
10-03-2011, 04:26 PM

The Big 12 is dead. It's just a matter of time. Missouri would be smart to get out now while they have the offer they want rather than wait until the conference collapses.

I wish KU had a decent offer from another BCS conference or had something to offer another BCS conference....because when the conference collapses, KU is screwed.

eazyb81
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Correct.

And I'll stand by what I said. Regardless of distance (which is the crux of Neinas' comment) I'm betting more Mizzou fans would rather travel to Oxford, Tuscaloosa or Knoxville to see the Tigers play football than Lawrence, Manhattan or Ames.

Just like Mizzou basketball fans would rather road trip to Lawrence than Oxford, Tuscaloosa or Knoxville.

From my POV, Mizzou loses one thing in terms of tradition, history, rivalry, gameday experience, etc if they leave the B12:

Basketball games at Allen Fieldhouse.

And it could be argued that they'll just replace that experience with Kentucky - while gaining a metric ****ton in destination football with the likes of Ole Miss, Bama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, etc.

Pretty much this.

Not to mention the significant increase in revenue and stability SEC membership provides.

I can't f'n wait to go see Mizzou play at Rocky Top, The Swamp, Bryant-Denny, Between the Hedges, The Grove, etc. It is the best athletic conference in the country so of course it will be difficult as hell, but it will be an enjoyable ride. I hope we make the right decision.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Holy shit.

Nice response. Neinas has spoken about the various conference contracts specifically.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Pretty much this.

Not to mention the significant increase in revenue and stability SEC membership provides.

I can't f'n wait to go see Mizzou play at Rocky Top, The Swamp, Bryant-Denny, Between the Hedges, The Grove, etc. It is the best athletic conference in the country so of course it will be difficult as hell, but it will be an enjoyable ride. I hope we make the right decision.

Remember MU going to the Big 10? This is Part II.

OnTheWarpath15
10-03-2011, 04:34 PM
You have? That wasn't the case when we talked at the BBQ.

Things have changed since April, 2007.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Things have changed since April, 2007.

Wrong BBQ, but OK. I never heard you mention going to a KU game here (either football or basketball), but I take your word for it.

DeezNutz
10-03-2011, 04:36 PM

Please, please, please... /KU fan

OnTheWarpath15
10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Wrong BBQ, but OK.

I'm not sure which BBQ you're referring to then.

My only recollection of meeting you was at Phil's in April 2007.

Wondering if you're confusing me with someone else. Doesn't really matter anyway.

DeezNutz
10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Nice response. Neinas has spoken about the various conference contracts specifically.

When the SEC reworks its television contracts, what do you think that money is going to look like?

There is no "better" conference for the likes of LSU to go to.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Please, please, please... /KU fan

I only know what the Commissioner of the Big XII says. The MU contingent in meetings last week were very positive about the Big XII. These were face to face meetings and were very positive.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
When the SEC reworks its television contracts, what do you think that money is going to look like?

There is no "better" conference for the likes of LSU to go to.

It will add bucks, for sure. Not like the Big XII when the conference comes up for renewal in a couple of years. Hell, the networks drool over Texas and OU by themselves and that money will be split among all schools as of today.

Stewie
10-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Gotta go. We'll know more in a day or two.

DeezNutz
10-03-2011, 04:44 PM
It will add bucks, for sure. Not like the Big XII when the conference comes up for renewal in a couple of years. Hell, the networks drool over Texas and OU by themselves and that money will be split among all schools as of today.

Really?

OnTheWarpath15
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Pretty much this.

A friend of mine graduated from Ole Miss, and was down there last weekend for the Georgia game. She was nice enough to share some pics from The Grove.

First time Mizzou plays down there, I'm going. I'm not a huge CFB fan, but the majority of the games I watch are SEC games. Would love to see games in those stadiums.

kstater
10-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Really?

Comparing conference TV deals is tough. The Big 12 and 10 will dwarf the SEC and beat the PAC's contract in 5 years. The SEC is still like 12 years away from being able to get a new deal at which time it will dwarf the other twos.

kstater
10-03-2011, 04:51 PM

Did you even read what I posted? Because what you posted here has no relevance to what I posted.

beer bacon
10-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Comparing conference TV deals is tough. The Big 12 and 10 will dwarf the SEC and beat the PAC's contract in 5 years. The SEC is still like 12 years away from being able to get a new deal at which time it will dwarf the other twos.

The SEC is going to renegotiate all their TV deals once Mizzou and A&M are members.

kstater
10-03-2011, 04:54 PM
The SEC is going to renegotiate all their TV deals once Mizzou and A&M are members.

I don't doubt they'll try. But I don't see what CBS has to gain in giving more money in a contract that's already signed for the next 12 years.

eazyb81
10-03-2011, 04:54 PM

Definitely could be, which is why I haven't guaranteed anything. I hope we go but who knows what will happen.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't doubt they'll try. But I don't see what CBS has to gain in giving more money in a contract that's already signed for the next 12 years.

Because CBS will want to be part of the SEC network when that comes around. The SEC is going to follow the B1G's lead on this and form their own network in the next few years. CBS would love to be a partner in that.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Definitely could be, which is why I haven't guaranteed anything. I hope we go but who knows what will happen.

Yep, hopefully tomorrow we will have an idea what the future holds.

kstater
10-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Because CBS will want to be part of the SEC network when that comes around. The SEC is going to follow the B1G's lead on this and form their own network in the next few years. CBS would love to be a partner in that.

There is already a SEC network. It's with ESPN, it's their tier 2 contract.

DeezNutz
10-03-2011, 04:58 PM

I haven't seen too many Mizzou fans puffing their chests this time around. That's for damn sure.

eazyb81
10-03-2011, 04:59 PM

So you think the SEC has gone through this circus and opened themselves up to potential litigation just to add two mouths to feed and no upside for current SEC teams? Does that really make logical sense?

KChiefs1
10-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Staying in a conference that might not be here in 5 years is the right thing to do?

The fans of schools who hide behind Bevo's skirt don't understand your question.

eazyb81
10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
There is already a SEC network. It's with ESPN, it's their tier 2 contract.

It is the SEC branding with ESPN but it obviously is not a true network. It was signed before BTN showed how lucrative tier 3 networks could be, and SEC insiders say this is one of the main catalysts in driving expansion this time around.

KChiefs1
10-03-2011, 05:07 PM
The Big 12 is dead. It's just a matter of time. Missouri would be smart to get out now while they have the offer they want rather than wait until the conference collapses.

I wish KU had a decent offer from another BCS conference or had something to offer another BCS conference....because when the conference collapses, KU is screwed.

Exactly why MU has to leave.

DJ's left nut
10-03-2011, 05:10 PM

You haven't paid any attention to the sensible responses, so he appeared to be attempting a new approach.

That's okay - you're just another trembling beaker like HH.

It's absolutely laughable how transparent you fellas are.

Ebolapox
10-03-2011, 05:16 PM

Your.

has he ever seen really interesting academia? what, is that some type of rare bird that's found on KU's campus? does this bird teach proper usage of common words?

:p

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Your.

has he ever seen really interesting academia? what, is that some type of rare bird that's found on KU's campus? does this bird teach proper usage of common words?

:p

Wait a minute....KU is known for its academics?

Ebolapox
10-03-2011, 05:34 PM

that's what I was wondering...

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Starting to see some tweets about a possible WVU announcement for the SEC tomorrow....anyone worried about them stealing Mizzou's spot?

DaKCMan AP
10-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Starting to see some tweets about a possible WVU announcement for the SEC tomorrow....anyone worried about them stealing Mizzou's spot?

No, we don't want WVU.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 07:02 PM
No, we don't want WVU.

I would think Mizzou would be a better choice, but the WVU tweets appear to be gaining some steam, saying announcements tomorrow.

Hopefully the only announcement tomorrow is the one in which the curators authorize Deaton to change conferences.

Mr. Laz
10-03-2011, 07:13 PM

that's what I was wondering...
College National Rank

Kansas
CCAP - 22
USNWR - 38

Missouri
CCAP - 13
USNWR - 42

KU programs ranked in the top 30 among publics nationally are:

1. City Management and Urban Policy (Master)
1. Special Education (Master/Doctorate)
2. Community Health (Master/Doctorate)
2. Occupational Therapy (Master/Doctorate)
3. Paleontology (Doctorate)
3. Public Management Administration (Master)
4. Public Affairs (Master)
4. Speech-Language-Pathology (Master)
7. Audiology (Doctorate)
9. Nursing-Midwifery (Master)
9. Petroleum Engineering (Master/Doctorate)
9. Public Finance & Budgeting (Master)
10. School of Education (Master/Doctorate)
11. Social Work (Master)
12. Music (Master)
12. Physical Therapy (Master/Doctorate)
13. Clinical Child Psychology (Doctorate)
18. Clinical Psychology (Doctorate)
18. Pharmacy (PharmD)
21. Psychology (Doctorate)
22. Healthcare Management (Master)
23. Drama/Theatre (Master)
24. History (Doctorate)
25. Nursing-Anesthesia (Master)
26. Fine Arts (Master)
28. Nursing (Master)
30. Biological Sciences (Doctorate)
30. Political Science (Doctorate)

Saul Good
10-03-2011, 07:46 PM
I only know what the Commissioner of the Big XII says.

In that case, I'll sell you some courtside seats for the 2012 Big XII tournament in Kemper Arena at a hefty discount off of face value.

KChiefs1
10-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Credible Tigerboard poster(mubobby) posted this:

The SEC is on the docket for tomorrow. Strongly opposed by some members in the admin. However, there is a faction that will get this done. Most of the academics are opposed due to the fact of the financial support the football program will need to remain competitive in the SEC. The new revenues will need to be dumped directly back into the football program, and the academics already dont like how much we are spending in this arena or how much GP is making. Football staff is firmly on board and leading charge. Alden is on board. Deaton sides with the academic faction. Per my source, there is enough leverage in the pro SEC faction to make the move. Deaton was working feverishly to get concessions that would appease the pro SEC faction. Not attainable. Texas wont budge. No fear of litigation, and "buyout" fees are already lined up per boosters.

All signs point SEC unless Deaton can pull a rabbit out of his hat, and at this point looks highly unlikely. Intention will be clear after BOC meeting.

tk13
10-03-2011, 07:52 PM
The Pac 12 (or any other conference) couldn't get Texas to budge an inch, I don't know why anyone in the Big XII thinks they can do better.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Credible Tigerboard poster(mubobby) posted this:

The SEC is on the docket for tomorrow. Strongly opposed by some members in the admin. However, there is a faction that will get this done. Most of the academics are opposed due to the fact of the financial support the football program will need to remain competitive in the SEC. The new revenues will need to be dumped directly back into the football program, and the academics already dont like how much we are spending in this arena or how much GP is making. Football staff is firmly on board and leading charge. Alden is on board. Deaton sides with the academic faction. Per my source, there is enough leverage in the pro SEC faction to make the move. Deaton was working feverishly to get concessions that would appease the pro SEC faction. Not attainable. Texas wont budge. No fear of litigation, and "buyout" fees are already lined up per boosters.

All signs point SEC unless Deaton can pull a rabbit out of his hat, and at this point looks highly unlikely. Intention will be clear after BOC meeting.

Wow...best news I have heard today. If this is the case, Deaton should be immediately terminated from his contract for being so foolish and opposing a move to the SEC.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Question is...if Deaton is opposed to the move, and the curators vote for him to look at other conferences, could he decide on his own to not apply to the SEC and stay in the Big XII?

Jerm
10-03-2011, 07:56 PM
If we pass up on going to the SEC and stay in the Big XII, the amount of hate I have for Brady Deaton will be unfathomable.

ChiTown
10-03-2011, 08:03 PM
College National Rank

Kansas
CCAP - 22
USNWR - 38

Missouri
CCAP - 13
USNWR - 42

KU programs ranked in the top 30 among publics nationally are:

1. City Management and Urban Policy (Master)
1. Special Education (Master/Doctorate)
2. Community Health (Master/Doctorate)
2. Occupational Therapy (Master/Doctorate)
3. Paleontology (Doctorate)
3. Public Management Administration (Master)
4. Public Affairs (Master)
4. Speech-Language-Pathology (Master)
7. Audiology (Doctorate)
9. Nursing-Midwifery (Master)
9. Petroleum Engineering (Master/Doctorate)
9. Public Finance & Budgeting (Master)
10. School of Education (Master/Doctorate)
11. Social Work (Master)
12. Music (Master)
12. Physical Therapy (Master/Doctorate)
13. Clinical Child Psychology (Doctorate)
18. Clinical Psychology (Doctorate)
18. Pharmacy (PharmD)
21. Psychology (Doctorate)
22. Healthcare Management (Master)
23. Drama/Theatre (Master)
24. History (Doctorate)
25. Nursing-Anesthesia (Master)
26. Fine Arts (Master)
28. Nursing (Master)
30. Biological Sciences (Doctorate)
30. Political Science (Doctorate)

I find all this talk hilarious.

Saulbadguy
10-03-2011, 09:06 PM
No, we don't want WVU.

LOL

WilliamTheIrish
10-04-2011, 06:27 AM
Hialrious stuff from goemaw: Just to get this thread back onto the twitter universe.

Braincase
10-04-2011, 07:10 AM
I find all this talk hilarious.

BioMechanical Engineering is on the rise...

Saulbadguy
10-04-2011, 07:14 AM
BioMechanical Engineering is on the rise...

Null sweat, chummer.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/394492/maccallister.jpg

talastan
10-04-2011, 07:33 AM
I just wish that they'd make the decision. I really hope that they move to the SEC. Much better opportunity for the school and it makes common sense IMO; but Common Sense isn't really that Common is it? :shrug:

Reerun_KC
10-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Deal is done?

DJ's left nut
10-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Deal is done?

A Realtor friend of mine told me she saw Gary Pinkel shopping for houses in Birmingham.

Reerun_KC
10-04-2011, 09:26 AM
A Realtor friend of mine told me she saw Gary Pinkel shopping for houses in Birmingham.

I have heard that KU Board of Regents were heading to Colorado Springs to visit the MWC...

Once MU, Texas and OU leave... KU will only be left with Texas's used dildo and no home...

Titty Meat
10-04-2011, 09:34 AM
I have heard that KU Board of Regents were heading to Colorado Springs to visit the MWC...

Once MU, Texas and OU leave... KU will only be left with Texas's used dildo and no home...

I heard the pac 12 plane was in Kansas City.

OnTheWarpath15
10-04-2011, 09:45 AM
I'll be on the UMSL campus today at 4:00 during the Curator's meeting - any Mizzou fans have a message they want passed along?

LMAO

DJ's left nut
10-04-2011, 09:49 AM
I'll be on the UMSL campus today at 4:00 during the Curator's meeting - any Mizzou fans have a message they want passed along?

LMAO

Any chance you could shit in Deaton's boot?

talastan
10-04-2011, 09:49 AM

LMAO

MAKE THE RIGHT DAMN DECISION!!! GO TO THE SEC!! (Yelling in caps will always get the message across. ) :D

DaKCMan AP
10-04-2011, 09:50 AM
MAKE THE RIGHT DAMN DECISION!!! GO TO THE SEC!! DAKCMAN AP IS AWESOME!!! (Yelling in caps will always get the message across. ) :D

Frazod
10-04-2011, 10:11 AM

LMAO

Are you armed?

Reerun_KC
10-04-2011, 10:22 AM
I heard the pac 12 plane was in Kansas City.

I would shit bricks and cry tears of joy while doing so...

F yeah, I would take KU, KSU, OU and OSU to the PAC 16..

In a heart beat....

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 10:28 AM
WVU's goldandbluezone is reporting on twitter that WVU is in regardless of what Mizzou does. Could that mean the SEC is going to go ahead and go for 16 teams? Who would #16 be? I don't see it, but if both Mizzou and WVU, I don't see how the SEC would stay at 15.

vailpass
10-04-2011, 10:29 AM
I would shit bricks and cry tears of joy while doing so...

F yeah, I would take KU, KSU, OU and OSU to the PAC 16..

In a heart beat....

PAC 12 is a Pussy Conference. You can take that any way you want and still not be wrong.

Reerun_KC
10-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Pussy Conference.

I agree. That conference is loaded with some top notch quality pussy...

Shit just look at the USC cheerleaders... :eek:

I would take that over the cesspool joke of the Big 10-1 = 9 conference we have now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-04-2011, 10:32 AM

LMAO

Yeah, write the words "Don't fuck this up, douchebags" on a rag stuffed in a glass bottle of petrol. Light said rag and throw it into the meeting.

DaKCMan AP
10-04-2011, 10:33 AM
WVU's goldandbluezone is reporting on twitter that WVU is in regardless of what Mizzou does. Could that mean the SEC is going to go ahead and go for 16 teams? Who would #16 be? I don't see it, but if both Mizzou and WVU, I don't see how the SEC would stay at 15.

Not buying it.

ChiTown
10-04-2011, 10:35 AM

I think it's crazy to go to 16 at this point vs 14. Why share that revenue when they are not forced to?

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Not buying it.

Not sure I buy it either, but they seem pretty confident about it. Not sure how reliable they are, or if they are as tied into the inner workings of WVU like they claim to be or not.

Setsuna
10-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Not buying it.

Same. WVU will never come to the SEC. No one wants them and that's a freaking fact.

vailpass
10-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Same. WVU will never come to the SEC. No one wants them and that's a freaking fact.

If WVU got an invite from the SEC they should drop whichever sister they are fucking, hitch up their overalls and come-a-runnin'.

Would the SEC stand to realize enough of an increase in revenue by switching to a 16 team conference to justify splitting the pot 16 ways?

patteeu
10-04-2011, 10:55 AM
West Virginia would be the only union state in the SEC.

DaKCMan AP
10-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Would the SEC stand to realize enough of an increase in revenue by switching to a 16 team conference to justify splitting the pot 16 ways?

Probably.

The new contract is going to be ridiculous. What they may do, though, is expand to 14 teams & renegotiate. Then wait a few years, expand to 16, and renegotiate again.

If they expand to 16 I could see them moving more towards adding NC State/Va Tech/Ga Tech/Clemson.. those types of schools, not WVU.

vailpass
10-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Probably.

The new contract is going to be ridiculous. What they may do, though, is expand to 14 teams & renegotiate. Then wait a few years, expand to 16, and renegotiate again.

If they expand to 16 I could see them moving more towards adding NC State/Va Tech/Ga Tech/Clemson.. those types of schools, not WVU.

Thought I read SEC isn't up for a new deal for a few more years yet?
Are you saying everything I read on teh intrawebz isn't true?
Or if SEC expands does that mean they can renegotiate?

WilliamTheIrish
10-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Not sure I buy it either, but they seem pretty confident about it. Not sure how reliable they are, or if they are as tied into the inner workings of WVU like they claim to be or not.

They do seem to have a guy or two who is connected. During the Huggins to WVU drama, they had a guy who I swear was so in touch with the up to minute goings on, it seemed like he was on the plane that landed in Manhattan to pick Huggs up.

DaKCMan AP
10-04-2011, 11:20 AM

If they expand then they'll renegotiate.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 11:31 AM

Logic would tell you that they are not just expanding to have more mouths to feed.

Slive has already hinted that the contracts have look-in provisions that will allow for renegotiation with new teams.

Another possibility would be banding the tier 3 rights into a network, and dangling that as a carrot to ESPN or CBS if they renegotiate their Tier 1 or 2 deal.

OnTheWarpath15
10-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Doesn't the SEC rotate the conference basketball tournament?

I'm guessing some of Mizzou's "eastern" friends have thought about the potential to host the tourney in STL on a rotational basis.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 11:48 AM

I'm guessing some of Mizzou's "eastern" friends have thought about the potential to host the tourney in STL on a rotational basis.

Yeah I believe cities bid on it each year. I think St. Louis would definitely stand a good chance at getting in on the action.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Gabe just said on an interview that Alden received over 900 emails in one day regarding the conference realignment issue, with over 90% of them in favor of going to the SEC.

He said Gary Pinkel and the fanbase are the big drivers of the move.

Good interview with Clay Travis.

Reerun_KC
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Gabe just said on an interview that Alden received over 900 emails in one day regarding the conference realignment issue, with over 90% of them in favor of going to the SEC.

Thats freaking awesome...

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 01:06 PM

Sounds like the fans have spoken. Hopefully the curators have gotten the message, and hopefully Deaton won't sabatoge it.

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 01:09 PM
These folks seem to think WVU to SEC is a done deal:

http://leatherhelmetblog.com/2011-articles/october/wvu-to-sec-update-crossing-eyes-dotting-ts.html

Hope this is not true.

DaKCMan AP
10-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Former Mountaineer quarterback Major Harris was quoted yesterday as saying that he was “hearing a little buzz about the SEC” but “that’s just people talking.” Could that be all it took to spawn the new chatter? Possibly.

Speaking to a well-positioned source inside an SEC institution today, we have been told — again — that the SEC did not deny WVU’s entry into the league when the school reached out to conference brass last month. But they weren’t bearhugged as Texas A&M was, either.

WVU remains a fallback choice due to the small population and small number of cable households inside its state borders. Academics are also an issue with some presidents in the league.

However, if Missouri stays in the Big 12, the rest of the landscape stabilizes, and the SEC faces multiple years as a 13-school league… then WVU might become a lot more attractive.

If that occurs, expect the SEC to tout WVU’s fan passion, similar culture, and its close proximity to Pittsburgh and other major metro areas as part of its spin.

For now — from what we’re hearing — it’s Missouri or bust. And the SEC isn’t sweating Mizzou’s decision. West Virginia remains a deep fallback option. The only other school that our sources continue to mention as a possibility is Florida State.

We trust our sources because they’ve been right in the past and because they’re coming from different areas of the league. But when it comes to the many variables and politics involved in conference expansion, we wouldn’t be shocked if the SEC announced the addition of North Dakota State this afternoon.

http://www.mrsec.com/

HemiEd
10-04-2011, 01:18 PM
These folks seem to think WVU to SEC is a done deal:

http://leatherhelmetblog.com/2011-articles/october/wvu-to-sec-update-crossing-eyes-dotting-ts.html

Hope this is not true.

He is certainly right about this part: "West Virginians are used to being the punch-line in jokes, we’re used to being mocked and having stereotypes unfairly applied to us,"

Its not like they are "Okies" or "Arkies." :D

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the link Dak, that makes a lot more sense.

Hasn't the curators meeting begun? I think it was scheduled to start around 1 or 2.

Bambi
10-04-2011, 01:22 PM
KK putting MU in their place, wow.

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 01:23 PM

KK can shove it. Mizzou needs to do what is best for Mizzou, not what is best for Kansas City, KU, or KSU.

Crush
10-04-2011, 01:28 PM
GabeDeArmond (http://twitter.com/#%21/GabeDeArmond) Gabe DeArmond

<s class="hash">#</s>Mizzou (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Mizzou) AD Mike Alden just arrived at Board of Curators meeting in St. Louis

duncan_idaho
10-04-2011, 01:28 PM
KK sporting delusional drivel driven by his ksu homerism.

FYP

I'm much more skeptical about the SEC move than most Mizzou fans, but the picture Kietzmann paints is not realistic.

He's also either blatantly lying or listening to people who are blatantly wrong if he thinks a lot of the "highly placed people" at Mizzou don't want to move and aren't going to move.

The move is likely happening.

As Missouri fans, the thing to root for if that happens would be for Texas and Oklahoma to join the PAC and precipitate the destruction of the Big 12 (or at least radical change that severely reduces it as a BCS conference and force in the state of Texas).

Missouri is going to have a new challenge recruiting Texas, recruiting against the Big 12 conference affiliation most feel (outside Aggie fans). It's the same one Arkansas and LSU have struggled with.

Best thing that could happen to mitigate that would be the dissolution of the Big 12, reducing the competition with schools like oSu, Tech and Baylor for the next wave of talent.

Frazod
10-04-2011, 01:30 PM
GabeDeArmond (http://twitter.com/#%21/GabeDeArmond) Gabe DeArmond

<s class="hash">#</s>Mizzou (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Mizzou) AD Mike Alden just arrived at Board of Curators meeting in St. Louis

Shit just got real

(somebody had to say it :D )

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 01:30 PM

LMAO

It is awesome that the meme has gone from Mizzou has no chance of getting an SEC bid, to a move to the SEC will destroy Mizzou.

I love it.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 01:32 PM
KK: Poor Ryan Reynolds, he is stuck with Scarlett Johansson.

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 01:40 PM
KK says if he was a betting man, he would bet on Mizzou staying. That has to be a good sign right?

Saulbadguy
10-04-2011, 01:46 PM
KK says if he was a betting man, he would bet on Mizzou staying. That has to be a good sign right?

There is a reason KK is "BITB" (best in the biz)

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 01:48 PM

Not sure about that, but KK managed to find the only two callers in the state that seem to think the SEC would be a bad place to go.

beer bacon
10-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Not sure about that, but KK managed to find the only two callers in the state that seem to think the SEC would be a bad place to go.

Keith is getting angry!

HemiEd
10-04-2011, 01:54 PM

I don't see how a move to the SEC would be a bad thing for Mizzou, seriously.

More power to them, and hopefully for their sake they can compete when they get there.

Bambi
10-04-2011, 01:59 PM

haha, that one call did seem kinda convenient....

duncan_idaho
10-04-2011, 02:02 PM

I thought that was Stan Weber (according to Kietz).

I actually like Stan, BTW. Other than his giant man-crush on Bill Snyder, he's pretty good.

Bowser
10-04-2011, 02:30 PM
KK sounds all huffy, kinda like when the downtown baseball park idea flopped. I'm taking this as a good sign.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Loved the caller that asked KK how KSU was going to handle SEC speed this week. LMAO

It is so adorable when he throws tantrums like this.

Bowser
10-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Loved the caller that asked KK how KSU was going to handle SEC speed this week. LMAO

It is so adorable when he throws tantrums like this.

Hahaha

kstater
10-04-2011, 03:08 PM
TV contract sucks right?

<s>@</s>sptwri (http://twitter.com/#%21/sptwri): MU confirms FCS offered 11 am or 6 pm but MU declined

Reaper16
10-04-2011, 03:09 PM

Yeah I believe cities bid on it each year. I think St. Louis would definitely stand a good chance at getting in on the action.
Welp, that settles it for me. I am 100% against Mizzou to the SEC now.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 03:13 PM
The wait is killing me....

Gabe Dearmond
Interview room open at boc meeting but we are being told "there is no rush." 4 mics and a #Mizzou banner. Session still ongoing

Priest31kc
10-04-2011, 03:15 PM
TV contract sucks right?

<s>@</s>sptwri (http://twitter.com/#%21/sptwri): MU confirms FCS offered 11 am or 6 pm but MU declined

Ya that is just pathetic. And I have FCS. Thanks alot Mizzou.

kstater
10-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Ya that is just pathetic. And I have FCS. Thanks alot Mizzou.

They declined supposedly because of FCS's limited markets. Instead, they've decided to put it on in 0 markets.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 03:20 PM
They declined supposedly because of FCS's limited markets. Instead, they've decided to put it on in 0 markets.

LOL, no, they declined because FCS pays $0 for their telecasts and the only options were 11 or 6, when the preferred starting time for homecoming is 1pm.

Keep fighting the good fight bro.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Link to press conference starting up now.

http://www.komu.com/streaming-newscast/

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Hopefully we will know something soon.

Bambi
10-04-2011, 03:44 PM
No more comments, just saw an article on 3rd Tier I thought was interesting and you might too:

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2011/05/06/school-specific-broadcasting-revenue/

Big 12

University of Kansas $7,276,988.00
Oklahoma State University $6,395,000.00
University of Nebraska $4,393,529.00
University of Missouri $4,081,549.00
Kansas State University $3,263,941.00
Iowa State University $2,608,896.00
University of Texas $338,171.00
University of Oklahoma $317,361.00
University of Colorado $155,528.00
Texas Tech University $0.00
Texas A&M University $0.00
Baylor N/A

No wonder KU doesn't make any noise.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 03:52 PM
No wonder KU doesn't make any noise.

Remember you already posted that, and then everyone laughed at you. Again.

Bambi
10-04-2011, 03:53 PM

I didn't post that. I just saw HH did. Makes sense now.

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Emails into KOMU seem to be overwhelming pro SEC. At least the ones they are reading on the air.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I didn't post that. I just saw HH did. Makes sense now.

No, you did back when you were trying to act like you knew anything about the realignment topics. You were made fun of relentlessly and slowly backed out of the thread for awhile.

vailpass

Wickeddumb and his busted hoop dreams is beyond laughing at.

eazyb81
ku/ksu phases of grief:

1. Mizzou will never get an SEC invite
2. Big 12 is great? Why would you want to leave?
3. Mizzou will get its ass kicked in the SEC.
4. Masturbate furiously alone in the corner.

beer bacon
10-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Emails into KOMU seem to be overwhelming pro SEC. At least the ones they are reading on the air.

They requested a days worth and not a single one was pro Big 12.

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 04:03 PM
They requested a days worth and not a single one was pro Big 12.

I knew some of the curator emails had been requested...I was just talking about KOMU viewers who have been emailing in the station. They were reading some on the stream as we wait for the press conference.

Rausch
10-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Mizzou has no real choice.

They stay in a neutered conference and get even less recognition when they play well/dominate.

They move to the SEC, get a pair of tits tattooed on their backs, and bite pillow on the bottom bunk for a decade or better...

HemiEd
10-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Mizzou has no real choice.

They stay in a neutered conference and get even less recognition when they play well/dominate.

They move to the SEC, get a pair of tits tattooed on their backs, and bite pillow on the bottom bunk for a decade or better...

ROFL Is either those, now that you put it like that, desirable?

|Zach|
10-04-2011, 04:13 PM
SEC or Big XII? Either way, my heart will go on. :)

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 04:15 PM
sptwri Mike DeArmond
There are now 103 participants on the mu boc call. Cannot wait until they go to phones and everyone asks question at once. Tower of Babel

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM
sptwri Mike DeArmond
There are now 103 participants on the mu boc call. Cannot wait until they go to phones and everyone asks question at once. Tower of Babel

Sounds like folks are paying attention LOL.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 04:23 PM
All 20 people with internet access in West Virginia are on the KOMU chat.

KcMizzou
10-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Jake_Trotter Jake Trotter
Have no idea what Missouri is about to announce. But I have been told that Sunday's call among Big 12 presidents "did not go well."

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Think Mizzou fans are excited?

VaheGregorian
Teleconference call turned into cluster with Mizzou fans chanting SEC! SEC! SEC!

Bambi
10-04-2011, 04:30 PM
No, you did back when you were trying to act like you knew anything about the realignment topics. You were made fun of relentlessly and slowly backed out of the thread for awhile.

huh?

I'm right here.

I'm bored of this. My school is very happy in this conference.

They win and make tons of $$.

I can see why Missouri fans want a change. I have been holding back on what I think of MU's chances in the SEC however.

All I've said is that your administrators seem to have a bit more sense than your fanbase.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 04:31 PM
here we go....

Bambi
10-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Wickeddumb and his busted hoop dreams is beyond laughing at.

Busted?

KU's 3rd tier deal is 2nd largest in the conference behind Texas and its because of basketball.

Don't be mad.

Bambi
10-04-2011, 04:34 PM
The MU administration is way too intelligent to listen to its fanbase.

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Just shut up and go away Wickeson.

Stupid KOMU stream is frozen. Hopefully whb will cut over and I can at least listen.

Al Bundy
10-04-2011, 04:38 PM
huh?

I'm right here.

I'm bored of this. My school is very happy in this conference.

They win and make tons of $$.

I can see why Missouri fans want a change. I have been holding back on what I think of MU's chances in the SEC however.

All I've said is that your administrators seem to have a bit more sense than your fanbase.

I disagree with MU's chances of competing in football there. I believe that Pinkel will keep his Texas ties and will be able to tap into Florida now as well.

Crush
10-04-2011, 04:38 PM
I think we've destroyed KOMU's server.

MoreLemonPledge
10-04-2011, 04:39 PM
I think we've destroyed KOMU's server.

It's back up for me. Nothing happening, though.

Mr. Plow
10-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Anything yet?

Mosbonian
10-04-2011, 04:41 PM
The MU administration is way too intelligent to listen to its fanbase.

What's sad is your wildly apparent attempt at denial. Keep your fingers in your ears and yell "la, la, la, la,la, la" all you want.

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 04:41 PM
It's back up for me. Nothing happening, though.

I just get the picture of the MU banner, and the circle in the middle indicating it is buffering/loading.

Saul Good
10-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Ole Miss
Miss St.
Tenn
Vandy
Georgia
Arkansas
South Carolina
Auburn
aTm
Kentucky

Other than 1 season with Cam Newton, none of the above schools have been appreciably better than Mizzou over the last decade, and Mizzou has beaten 2 of them in bowl games (SC and Ark) while owning one of them (aTm) in conference play.

There are 3 dominant teams in the SEC as opposed to 2 dominant teams in the Big XII. Mizzou will be fine.

LiveSteam
10-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Anything yet?

Yes. Wickedson is a full blown Douche bag

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Pat Forde of espn tweeted six of the seven curators are in attendance. Which curator would miss such an important meeting?

Dr. Gigglepants
10-04-2011, 04:43 PM
The news is off the air so the stream is down, the press conference will appear though once it starts.

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Ole Miss
Miss St.
Tenn
Vandy
Georgia
Arkansas
South Carolina
Auburn
aTm
Kentucky

Other than 1 season with Cam Newton, none of the above schools have been appreciably better than Mizzou over the last decade, and Mizzou has beaten 2 of them in bowl games (SC and Ark) while owning one of them (aTm) in conference play.

There are 3 dominant teams in the SEC as opposed to 2 dominant teams in the Big XII. Mizzou will be fine.

But KK says there are six dominant SEC teams and we have no chance!

I agree with you. I think Mizzou will have some struggles, but playing with big boys is the only way to get to the next level.

Saul Good
10-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Pat Forde of espn tweeted six of the seven curators are in attendance. Which curator would miss such an important meeting?

One was late, but they are all there now, I believe.

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Ole Miss
Miss St.
Tenn
Vandy
Georgia
Arkansas
South Carolina
Auburn
aTm
Kentucky

We don't have any room for logic in here boy. Mizzou probably won't even have a football program by 2015 after not scoring a point during four years of SEC play.

Mr. Plow
10-04-2011, 04:45 PM

That's helpful, thanks.

Bambi
10-04-2011, 04:46 PM

I have a good time.

I don't celebrate the tragic deaths of people which got your boy banned.

fuck off and go play with your shitty football team

Al Bundy
But KK says there are six dominant SEC teams and we have no chance!

I agree with you. I think Mizzou will have some struggles, but playing with big boys is the only way to get to the next level.

He is somewhat bothered that he might have to do SEC coverage.

LiveSteam
That's helpful, thanks.

Any time :D

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 04:47 PM

No, he already said he's not going to cover the SEC. LMAO

Bambi
10-04-2011, 04:47 PM

Why would he cover the SEC?

KC is a KU town anyway.

LiveSteam
10-04-2011, 04:48 PM
I have a good time.

I don't celebrate the tragic deaths of people which got your boy banned.

fuck off and go play with your shitty football team

Go jump off a NY high rise dickhead

Rams Fan
10-04-2011, 04:49 PM

KC is a KU town anyway.

40/40/20 split.

Bambi
10-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Go jump off a NY high rise dickhead

Too easy with Nebraska these days.

Go find something else to do.

Mosbonian
10-04-2011, 04:50 PM

KC is a KU town anyway.

You really are in denial....the Kansas side of KC is all KU.

The only KU fans in KCMO are the interlopers that somehow escaped across the river.

eazyb81
40/40/20 split.

Dude he would know, he lives in Harlem.

Bambi
Are we really going to get into a discussion about whether KC has more KU or MU fans??

Mr. Plow
10-04-2011, 04:51 PM
You really are in denial....the Kansas side of KC is all KU.

The only KU fans in KCMO are the interlopers that somehow escaped across the river.

This was proven as fact this past weekend at Worlds of Fun.

MoreLemonPledge
10-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Kietzman is about to cry.

Sassy Squatch
10-04-2011, 04:53 PM
This was proven as fact this past weekend at Worlds of Fun.
LMAO

eazyb81
10-04-2011, 04:54 PM
KK just said the Big 12 is more stable than the SEC.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Dude is losing his shit live on air.

Mr. Plow
10-04-2011, 04:55 PM
KK just said the Big 12 is more stable than the SEC.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

If by stable he means "Likely to collapse in the next 2-4 years" then yes....the Big 12 is more stable than the SEC.

Al Bundy
Furthermore KK doesn't know anything about the SEC. 6 OU's!!!!111

Crush
The BOC is now just cockteasing us.