PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

sedated
07-22-2021, 12:13 PM
It was eye-opening realizing how far behind the competitive level was in the Big 12 and how little it prepared us for a tough week in-week out real conference

:hmmm: Didn't Mizzou go to the SEC championship game in 2 of its first 3 seasons in the SEC?

If the Big 12 was such a joke of a conference that left teams "unprepared", why did a middling Big 12 team go over and have so much instant success?

POND_OF_RED
07-22-2021, 12:34 PM
:hmmm: Didn't Mizzou go to the SEC championship game in 2 of its first 3 seasons in the SEC?

If the Big 12 was such a joke of a conference that left teams "unprepared", why did a middling Big 12 team go over and have so much instant success?

Because we still had the same coaching staff and recruits without any turnover at that point. The SEC East was pretty weak the first couple seasons we were there with Georgia and Florida. It was like the Big 12 North. Make no mistake, Mizzou lucked into those championship games. They have always been a mid-tier team in football. Pinkel was way overrated by Mizzou fans. He was the Marty Schottenheimer of the Tigers program. Never won anything big, but a consistent winner toward the middle-top of the league. I do think the SEC move and Odom debacle slowed down what the end game was, but I think we’re starting to see what a good coach can do in the SEC with his recruiting already so the future is definitely looking much brighter for them now. They put together another promising season like last year and then get that top 20 recruiting class in here, the wheels could really get turning.

ChiefsCountry
07-22-2021, 12:35 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Since 2010 - Win Pct Among P5 Teams<br>29. Missouri 81-57 .587<br>30. Northwestern 79-58 .577<br>31. South Carolina 80-59 .576<br>32. Nebraska 78-59 .569<br>33. Texas 78-60 .565</p>&mdash; Chris Fallica (@chrisfallica) <a href="https://twitter.com/chrisfallica/status/1418219033640546304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe
07-22-2021, 12:40 PM
What is happening now is the reason Missouri left when it did.

Texas was never going to commit to anything other than Texas. Missouri saw an opportunity to secure its own destiny/place, and took it.

Because this was always going to come around again. At some point, UT would decide it could get a better deal for itself elsewhere. And rather than risk getting stuck fighting desperately for a few spot in a new B1G or new ACC or new PAC.

The whole realignment scenario exposed just how fragile the Big 12 was. For the same reasons that led the Big 8 to expand in the 90s.

KU will be fine. Oklahoma and Texas will be fine. It's all the other schools that will be left scrambling. I feel for them and their fans.

Iowa State has the academic pedigree and the in-state relationship with U of I that could make them desirable to the Big 10. In fact, they might be the most likely candidate right now.

Sassy Squatch
07-22-2021, 12:48 PM
Iowa State has the academic pedigree and the in-state relationship with U of I that could make them desirable to the Big 10. In fact, they might be the most likely candidate right now.
Yeah. Unless Iowa wants to block them for whatever reason KU and ISU just seem to make the most sense. Both AAU with a blue blood Basketball program and emerging football program respectively.

duncan_idaho
07-22-2021, 12:52 PM

The issue wasn't the Big 12 not preparing Missouri.

The issues were:

1) Missouri's coaching staff did a poor job adjusting it's recruiting strategy. It overreacted to the SEC move and moved into Georgia and Florida too quickly. It also didn't effectively adopt a strategy to sell Midwest kids (Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Illinois, Chicago) on the idea of playing in the SEC (Kentucky has had great success with this in Ohio, amongst kids left behind by Ohio State).

2) The university replaced the mostly competent AD with a complete buffoon who mishandled the difficult 2015 protests, and made several bad decisions in the wake of that (forcing Pinkel out then; hiring Barry Odom; forcing Odom to agree to dismantle the player development system in place and also forcing the strength coach behind that program out).

3) Odom was a failure in recruiting and as an on-field coach.

All indications are they got it right with Drinkwitz, and he's rapidly changing the picture/scene.

Basketball is an example of what happens when you make a bad hire, then double down on it with the worst hire in the past quarter century in your sport, then come back from it by overpaying for a really mediocre guy.

ChiefsCountry
07-22-2021, 12:54 PM

Iowa State is very attractive if you think like an University president would. Very good academic school with research. Great fan base, good facilities all around.

Matrix
07-22-2021, 02:05 PM
Right. That is why last time this came up the Pac12 and B1G came calling asking KU to join up.

MU made a mistake leaving the B12 as did Nebraska and Colorado. None have faired better in their new conferences. Hope the Texas envy was worth it.

Look at a Kansas fan trying to rationalize his place in a dying conference.

ntexascardfan
07-22-2021, 02:37 PM
It’s all about eyes added.

I'm willing to bet adding Texas to the SEC adds more eyeballs than all the teams that were mentioned in the post I quoted combined.

You're lying to yourself if you don't believe this isn't being driven by ESPN wanting to form a super conference that's going to blow revenue out of the water.

This decision isn't made without the blessing or instigation of the mothership.

Kellerfox
07-22-2021, 02:43 PM
I'm willing to bet adding Texas to the SEC adds more eyeballs than all the teams that were mentioned in the post I quoted combined.

You're lying to yourself if you don't believe this isn't being driven by ESPN wanting to form a super conference that's going to blow revenue out of the water.

Building on that...

ESPN already controls UVA and UNC's exclusive media rights through 2035. Right now they share UT/OU's rights with Fox. ESPN gains a LOT more adding UT than any school from the ACC.

Sassy Squatch
07-22-2021, 02:43 PM
Not even ESPN. Mickey Mouse

Kiimo
07-22-2021, 02:48 PM
I would be totally fine with KU in the Big 10, Self would own Chicago recruiting and the games against Michigan, MSU, Indiana, etc would be amazing.

It also opens up an whole new avenue of football recruiting. It certainly doesn't hurt that Leipold has history all over Wisconsin and Nebraska

RustShack
07-22-2021, 03:15 PM
I would be totally fine with KU in the Big 10, Self would own Chicago recruiting and the games against Michigan, MSU, Indiana, etc would be amazing.

It also opens up an whole new avenue of football recruiting. It certainly doesn't hurt that Leipold has history all over Wisconsin and Nebraska

I’d love KU and ISU going to the B1G. I think Iowa and Iowa State fans would also enjoy not playing each other non-con every year, and giving the game more meaning being a conference game. We’d get to beat on Nebraska too, so that would be fun.

RustShack
07-22-2021, 03:31 PM
This moving fast, as I'm getting calls, texts and e-mails now saying #Pac12 wants to add #OKState, #TexasTech, #KState and #ISU to go to 16 teams and those four in division with #SunDevils, #BearDown, #Utes and #Buffs.

Edit- This was from “Swain” on Twitter, whoever that is.

RustShack
07-22-2021, 04:23 PM
Texas and Oklahoma were not in attendance for the emergency Big12 meeting today.

Buckle up boys.

POND_OF_RED
07-22-2021, 04:47 PM
Texas and Oklahoma were not in attendance for the emergency Big12 meeting today.

Buckle up boys.

Not sure a seat belt is gonna help much at this point. RIP Big 12.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/fb0d75a499ac2fa5b8973fd891870b58/tenor.gif?itemid=16264962

GloucesterChief
07-22-2021, 04:48 PM
IF UT + OU leave and IF the PAC decides to add schools, Texas Tech has a seat at that table. Tech has a strong history and partnership with the two AZ schools (shared a conference for decades) as well as CU (hours up the road and Big12 history). Geographically, that cluster of 4 would be easy travel. Tech has forged pretty strong relations with other PAC leaders over the last few rounds of re-alignment conversation. Tech has been deliberately scheduling non-con games with PAC teams. Tech also adds quite a bit of value in track, baseball, and basketball… all areas that the PAC wants to shore up. Tech isn’t big enough or strong enough to force realignment like OU and UT… but with a drastic shift in the landscape I think they have a life raft out of the Remnants of the Big12.

So, if the PAC does expand and we assume Tech is in… that leaves 1-3 spots depending on if they go to 14 or 16. There aren’t a lot of great candidates. BU, TCU, and BYU are hard no’s due to religious affiliation (non starter for the PAC).

Maybe they pull from Houston, Colorado State, San Diego State, Boise State, or UNLV…

But some combo OSU, KU, KSU, and ISU just feels better if I’m the PAC despite the geographic distance. That assumes that those schools are available. Certainly understand the BIG being a lot more appealing to KU/ISU/KSU if the offer is there.

PAC wants tier 1 research universities with strong graduate programs. It is the reason why Air Force was never considered to join the PAC.

sedated
07-22-2021, 04:50 PM
Not sure a seat belt is gonna help much at this point. RIP Big 12.

If Texas and Oklahoma left, its better if the Big 12 dies anyway - they would never be considered a P5 conference no matter who they add.

sedated
07-22-2021, 04:52 PM
I remember before the last realignment there were strong rumors that Florida State and Clemson were interested in jumping to the Big 12. Louisville was available too, I believe. One more and that would have made a hell of a conference.

Prison Bitch
07-22-2021, 04:58 PM
This moving fast, as I'm getting calls, texts and e-mails now saying #Pac12 wants to add #OKState, #TexasTech, #KState and #ISU to go to 16 teams and those four in division with #SunDevils, #BearDown, #Utes and #Buffs.

Edit- This was from “Swain” on Twitter, whoever that is.

The idea Cali schools want these crappy Plains programs is too laughable for me to believe.

If Kansas ever did leave, I’d lose a lot of interest in their games. Playing long term opponents in our region is half the fun of watching and I know a lot of folks from all these local schools.

louie aguiar
07-22-2021, 05:04 PM
The seemingly inevitable collapse of the Big 12 sucks for KC college sports fans. As a mizzou fan, I understood the move to the SEC but hated losing the rivalries and the local games. Losing the B12 tourney will suck.

RustShack
07-22-2021, 05:07 PM
The idea Cali schools want these crappy Plains programs is too laughable for me to believe.

If Kansas ever did leave, I’d lose a lot of interest in their games. Playing long term opponents in our region is half the fun of watching and I know a lot of folks from all these local schools.

The PAC is also the 5th best P5 conference. So, yeah it would make sense they want to add schools and stay alive. Especially if you’re getting multiple long travel schools who can be in their own division.

Pitt Gorilla
07-22-2021, 05:08 PM
Iowa State is very attractive if you think like an University president would. Very good academic school with research. Great fan base, good facilities all around.

Iowa State adds ZERO in terms of television.

RustShack
07-22-2021, 05:17 PM
Iowa State adds ZERO in terms of television.

Media markets was so 10 years ago. It’s the streaming age. I bet Iowa State fans would stream more games than Rutgers fans. Cord cutting isn’t going to stop anytime soon.

Pitt Gorilla
07-22-2021, 05:20 PM
Same winning percentage conference wise as they had in the Big 12 with the same number of conference championship game appearances. Program is the same just in more a secure conference.

Mizzou Football recruiting is better than ever. Mizzou Basketball recruiting is hot garbage.

Pitt Gorilla
07-22-2021, 05:22 PM
Media markets was so 10 years ago. It’s the streaming age. I bet Iowa State fans would stream more games than Rutgers fans. Cord cutting isn’t going to stop anytime soon.

That's not getting you into the Big Ten. Of course, nothing is.

RustShack
07-22-2021, 05:25 PM
That's not getting you into the Big Ten. Of course, nothing is.

Yeah it would probably be the AAU status that does.

Prison Bitch
07-22-2021, 06:08 PM
The seemingly inevitable collapse of the Big 12 sucks for KC college sports fans. As a mizzou fan, I understood the move to the SEC but hated losing the rivalries and the local games. Losing the B12 tourney will suck.

$20M annual economic benefit to KC. Definitely would suck to lose that.

KCWolfpack
07-22-2021, 06:29 PM
Aren't OU and OSU basically considered a package deal at this point? I don't necessarily mean with the schools themselves so much as with certain political elements within the state of Oklahoma.

Some expansion history might be in order here to explain this. When the ACC expanded in 2004, their original intention was to take Miami, Syracuse, and Boston College (only God knows why). The ACC at the time had 9 schools and 7 had to agree for expansion to happen. UNC and Duke were already hard NOs because they thought it would upset their BB apple cart. However, elements in the Virginia legislature friendly to VaTech started threatening to cut UVA's general funding if they agreed to any plan that left VaTech out in the cold. Since that made UVA a NO, the whole expansion plan had to be rethought. As you can guess, the new plan included inviting VaTech.

The point of all this is: Could OSU-friendly elements in OK's govt start making threats like this against OU if they do anything to screw over OSU in this? When legislators start threatening a state school's funding for any reason, that school's administrators definitely start paying attention! But would it have any effect?

Jerm
07-22-2021, 06:46 PM
Legislation isn’t stopping this lol…OU will tell them to get fucked, they’re going.

TribalElder
07-22-2021, 06:51 PM
OU would probably make up the money in football revenue

Stewie
07-22-2021, 07:08 PM
Legislation isn’t stopping this lol…OU will tell them to get fucked, they’re going.

Texas state Gov't is already working on legislation. They said a few people on 40 acres in Austin are not going to determine the fate of something as important as the University of Texas and its future and affiliations.

Sassy Squatch
07-22-2021, 07:12 PM
Texas state Gov't is already working on legislation. They said a few people on 40 acres in Austin are not going to determine the fate of something as important as the University of Texas and its future and affiliations.
LMAO Governor is a UT alum. He'll just kill any legislation that actually finds some way to make it to his desk

Prison Bitch
07-22-2021, 07:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E63n0y8VoAcjwi8?format=jpg&name=large

Prison Bitch
07-22-2021, 07:33 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E63j1r8VgAUHJds?format=png&name=900x900

TribalElder
07-22-2021, 07:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E63j1r8VgAUHJds?format=png&name=900x900

ROFL

TribalElder
07-22-2021, 07:45 PM
Probably a bit high in both conferences tho

Mizzou_8541
07-22-2021, 07:49 PM

lol...cashing big 12 checks in Missouri will be missed. What a loser conference that has their tournament is in a state where the best conference in the country chose us over everyone else in the big 12. It's like watching your ex girlfriend fuck the best athlete. I'm dead at how pathetic ku looks right now. So amazing.

Mizzou_8541
07-22-2021, 08:12 PM

Hopefully Iowa State ends up in the Big 10. Their AAU status should get them there. Ku has literally nothing except a massive corruption investigation and some fake ships. The Big 10 would improve immensely with Iowa State over Ku. It's like Iowa State as a BMW and Ku as the pinto.

Great Expectations
07-22-2021, 08:35 PM
It was eye-opening realizing how far behind the competitive level was in the Big 12 and how little it prepared us for a tough week in-week out real conference, but I think Drink is making the right steps to becoming very relevant again. He will likely end up with a top 20 recruiting class this year and hopefully put us one step closer to competing at an SEC level. It beats the alternative to clinging to a dying conference, just because we were closer to the top with the weaker competition. As far as the basketball goes, I think you can see from the re-alignment talks and KU being left out of most of those discussions just how important college basketball programs are to these decisions. No one really gives a shit.

MU was plenty prepared to enter the SEC. They won their division early on, but they weren’t able to sustain it.

Titty Meat
07-22-2021, 08:47 PM

Sprint center lost an NHL pre season game to Silverstein Eye Center. The taxpayers of KC got fleeced on that boring and bland building

Prison Bitch
07-22-2021, 08:49 PM
lol...cashing big 12 checks in Missouri will be missed.

Not sure if you’re aware, but KC is split down the state line with almost 1/2 the population in Kansas. Your distinction here is silly given the Royals and Chiefs wouldn’t exist without Kansas (like Sporting wouldn’t without Missouri). Those travel and event dollars don’t exclusively reside in Missouri - and Most Americans don’t even know there’s a KCMO anyway.

What a loser conference that has their tournament is in a state where the best conference in the country chose us over everyone else in the big 12. It's like watching your ex girlfriend **** the best athlete. I'm dead at how pathetic ku looks right now. So amazing.

They chose KC because of KU. Mizzou has a fraction of the alumni base and corporate leadership influence there, not to mention they have no athletic success.

Titty Meat
07-22-2021, 08:57 PM
I wonder if the the B1G were to get KU if they would play the tournament here. They play in Chicago and Indy so it's not too much further. Youd have KU, I'm assuming KSU too plus Iowa and Nebraska. Not a bad drive from Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota too.

Prison Bitch
07-22-2021, 08:58 PM
Sprint center lost an NHL pre season game to Silverstein Eye Center. The taxpayers of KC got fleeced on that boring and bland building

Very outdated (2013) article here but the claim is SC added $650M of economic benefit to Missouri its first 5 years. It cost $250m to build
https://edckc.com/sprint-center-adds-more-than-660-million-to-missouri-economy-in-five-years/

I believe they do quite well with concerts and events.

Titty Meat
07-22-2021, 09:02 PM
Very outdated (2013) article here but the claim is SC added $650M of economic benefit to Missouri its first 5 years. It cost $250m to build
https://edckc.com/sprint-center-adds-more-than-660-million-to-missouri-economy-in-five-years/

I believe they do quite well with concerts and events.

We will see what happens moving forward. It's now a 15 year old arena and losing a NHL pre season game to a minor league arena is a big deal. We originally promised a sports team. That's not going to happen and had people known that the arena idea wouldnt have passed.

Prison Bitch
07-22-2021, 09:04 PM

Or COVID, which hammered University revenues and obv, athletic depts

sedated
07-22-2021, 09:06 PM
LMAO Governor is a UT alum. He'll just kill any legislation that actually finds some way to make it to his desk

I thought the TX government was owned by Baylor alumni

Mizzou_8541
07-22-2021, 09:11 PM
Not sure if you’re aware, but KC is split down the state line with almost 1/2 the population in Kansas. Your distinction here is silly given the Royals and Chiefs wouldn’t exist without Kansas (like Sporting wouldn’t without Missouri). Those travel and event dollars don’t exclusively reside in Missouri - and Most Americans don’t even know there’s a KCMO anyway.

They chose KC because of KU. Mizzou has a fraction of the alumni base and corporate leadership influence there, not to mention they have no athletic success.

Lol dude. The SEC chose Mizzou because it was wasn’t a black hole in the Midwest. I hope you end up in the Mountain West, that’s your best case. Iowa State is a much better university than you, and will likely take a Big 10 spot.

But yeah we will miss all that big 12 revenue pouring into downtown kc.

Prison Bitch
07-22-2021, 09:25 PM
I wonder if the the B1G were to get KU if they would play the tournament here. They play in Chicago and Indy so it's not too much further. Youd have KU, I'm assuming KSU too plus Iowa and Nebraska. Not a bad drive from Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota too.

I’d prefer to stay in as small a conf as possible so our hoops slate isn’t eaten up by a bunch of P5 also rans. If OU-Tex leave Id like to keep the remaining old rivalries and free up the 4 hoops games (going from 18 now in conf to 14) for big name matchups nationwide.

I don’t care about any of the other AthDept sports.

Prison Bitch
07-22-2021, 09:27 PM
Lol dude. The SEC chose Mizzou because it was wasn’t a black hole in the Midwest. I hope you end up in the Mountain West, that’s your best case. Iowa State is a much better university than you, and will likely take a Big 10 spot.

But yeah we will miss all that big 12 revenue pouring into downtown kc.

I recall circa 2011 some Mizzouchebags wondering if leaving would jeopardize the tourney.

They actually thought they mattered.

Bowser
07-22-2021, 09:30 PM
Even if the Big XII goes up in a mushroom cloud tomorrow, tourneys will still be played at Sprint Center. P&L is too good of a venue for some conference not to take advantage of.

edit - T-Mobile Center. Way to fuck it up, Sprint.

Mizzou_8541
07-22-2021, 09:39 PM
I recall circa 2011 some Mizzouchebags wondering if leaving would jeopardize the tourney.

They actually thought they mattered.

That’s doesn’t even make any sense. Do better. You reek of desperation.

tk13
07-22-2021, 09:40 PM
Even if the Big XII goes up in a mushroom cloud tomorrow, tourneys will still be played at Sprint Center. P&L is too good of a venue for some conference not to take advantage of.

edit - T-Mobile Center. Way to **** it up, Sprint.

I think it'd be possible but I'd be surprised if the Big Ten put it in the regular rotation. Even some of the western schools like Indiana, Purdue and Wisconsin are probably about 500 miles away, and the eastern half of the league is forever and a day away.

ChiefsCountry
07-22-2021, 09:47 PM

edit - T-Mobile Center. Way to **** it up, Sprint.

MVC would have jumped at it back when Creighton and Wichita State were in the league. League has shifted east since they left.

Titty Meat
07-22-2021, 09:48 PM
I’d prefer to stay in as small a conf as possible so our hoops slate isn’t eaten up by a bunch of P5 also rans. If OU-Tex leave Id like to keep the remaining old rivalries and free up the 4 hoops games (going from 18 now in conf to 14) for big name matchups nationwide.

I don’t care about any of the other AthDept sports.

You sound scared of competition

ChiefsCountry
07-22-2021, 09:48 PM
I think it'd be possible but I'd be surprised if the Big Ten put it in the regular rotation. Even some of the western schools like Indiana, Purdue and Wisconsin are probably about 500 miles away, and the eastern half of the league is forever and a day away.

Big Ten did hold its conference tournament in New York and Washington DC.

tk13
07-22-2021, 09:55 PM
Big Ten did hold its conference tournament in New York and Washington DC.

Yeah and a lot of people hated it. And that was solely to get exposure in NY and DC. Kansas City isn't nearly that kind of market.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised at all if KC got a Big Ten tourney at all because KC is fantastic at hosting those kinds of events. But there's no way they pull out of the Chicago and Indy rotation, it'd just be a once every few years thing. And if Ohio State and Michigan weren't into it, maybe less.

Titty Meat
07-22-2021, 10:05 PM
Weeks Ranked in Top 10 Since 2010
Texas A&M 47
TCU 47
Baylor 40
Michigan St 40
Boise St 32
Oklahoma St 32
Washington 31
South Carolina 22
Nebraska 19
Arkansas 16
Texas 14

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 09:42 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OPINION: this is the best case scenario for Kansas. <br><br>Texas and OU are gone. Sticking around in the B12 remnants is not in the best interest of KU.</p>&mdash; Mike Vernon (@M_Vernon) <a href="https://twitter.com/M_Vernon/status/1418592710013849600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 09:49 AM
I do not want Texas in the SEC at all, though they wouldn’t be able to get away with acting as the alpha in the SEC given the presence of Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, etc.

Indifferent on Oklahoma.

I don’t see this being good for the SEC other than more $ and more mouths to feed.

Prison Bitch
07-23-2021, 09:52 AM
I do not want Texas in the SEC at all, though they wouldn’t be able to get away with acting as the alpha in the SEC given the presence of Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, etc.

Indifferent on Oklahoma.

I don’t see this being good for the SEC other than more $ and more mouths to feed.

It’s all anyone ever cared about. And it’s only worse post-COVID

kcclone
07-23-2021, 09:53 AM

Indifferent on Oklahoma.

I can see the SEC raiding the top teams from the ACC/B1G/P12 and setting up their own super league eventually.

NCAA is toast with NIL. The SEC can become an semi-pro league now with a huge built in fan base.

The SEC has the most athletes and money/TV sets. Why share the wealth with schools and sports they don't give a crap about?

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 09:55 AM
It’s all anyone ever cared about. And it’s only worse post-COVID

Which is unfortunate because that’s how you end up with situations like Rutgers to the Big 10 and the mess known as the American Conference.

College sports would be better off if Texas and it’s little siblings were back in their own league.

I can see the SEC raiding the top teams from the ACC/B1G/P12 and setting up their own super league eventually.

NCAA is toast with NIL. The SEC can become an semi-pro league now with a huge built in fan base.

The SEC has the most athletes and money/TV sets. Why share the wealth with schools and sports they don't give a crap about?
P12 maybe, but not ACC. I think B10, SEC, and ACC are the most stable conferences. ACC in general also has much higher academic standards than the SEC-moreso than majority of B10.

Pablo
07-23-2021, 09:55 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OPINION: this is the best case scenario for Kansas. <br><br>Texas and OU are gone. Sticking around in the B12 remnants is not in the best interest of KU.</p>&mdash; Mike Vernon (@M_Vernon) <a href="https://twitter.com/M_Vernon/status/1418592710013849600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That would make for a very competitive basketball schedule. We’d get smashed in football but that’s gonna happen no matter what.

Titty Meat
07-23-2021, 10:05 AM
They gone.

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1418593278774161410?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1418593278774161410%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fboxden.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D3033426

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 10:12 AM
They gone.

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1418593278774161410?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1418593278774161410%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fboxden.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D3033426

It’s incredible to think Texas thinks it’s up there with the blue bloods in both basketball and football when they haven’t really done much over the course of the past 50 years in either sport.

Titty Meat
07-23-2021, 10:14 AM
It’s incredible to think Texas thinks it’s up there with the blue bloods in both basketball and football when they haven’t really done much over the course of the past 50 years in either sport.

$$$$$$

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 10:16 AM
$$$$$$

You’re not wrong.

Baylor has as many titles in basketball and football as Texas does in the past 50 years. LMAO

Titty Meat
07-23-2021, 10:19 AM
Mike Vernon
@M_Vernon
KU REALIGNMENT HEARINGS:

KU has a call set up with the Big Ten.
10:18 AM · Jul 23, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets

dirk digler
07-23-2021, 10:22 AM
MU and the others were way ahead of their time and smart to get out of the Big 12 when they did. In regards to KU\KSU aren't they tied at the hip legally?

Titty Meat
07-23-2021, 10:24 AM
MU and the others were way ahead of their time and smart to get out of the Big 12 when they did. In regards to KU\KSU aren't they tied at the hip legally?

Not anymore

TribalElder
07-23-2021, 10:26 AM
Not when KU is trying to jump off the sinking boat

They will wave goodbye and good luck to K-State

Kiimo
07-23-2021, 10:38 AM
Not when KU is trying to jump off the sinking boat

They will wave goodbye and good luck to K-State

https://64.media.tumblr.com/77ab1bd58d736851bcc94389935b0973/tumblr_n6bei0kusS1qdeyheo1_500.gifv

Dante84
07-23-2021, 10:38 AM
No one has answered this for me yet:

Are K-State and KU handcuffed together? I remember it was reported the last time this went down that they were.

sedated
07-23-2021, 10:39 AM
Interesting to hear that OU/TX have been talking to the SEC for 6 months or so, and the SEC left Texas A&M out of the talks because they knew aTm would oppose the move.

Bowser
07-23-2021, 10:39 AM
Interesting to hear that OU/TX have been talking to the SEC for 6 months or so, and the SEC left Texas A&M out of the talks because they knew aTm would oppose the move.

....but not surprising.

sedated
07-23-2021, 10:40 AM

Are K-State and KU handcuffed together? I remember it was reported the last time this went down that they were.

No. The KS board of regents "recommended" that the 2 schools stay together. The Chancellor of KU at the time said that they supported this and would work to keep them together. That Chancellor is no longer at KU.

(This is my understanding, if I'm wrong let me know)

Kiimo
07-23-2021, 10:41 AM

Two posts before yours

Titty Meat
07-23-2021, 10:48 AM

I did dumbass.

dirk digler
07-23-2021, 10:55 AM
Not anymore

Thanks

bdj23
07-23-2021, 11:00 AM
Well at least we won't have to watch OU get btfo in the college football playoffs anymore.

And Texas football turns into Nebraska football.

Glorious, really

Mr. Plow
07-23-2021, 11:05 AM
That would make for a very competitive basketball schedule. We’d get smashed in football but that’s gonna happen no matter what.

Basketball would be a lot of fun. Football would suck just as bad as it always has.

Dante84
07-23-2021, 11:05 AM
I did dumbass.

eeeeasy

Kiimo
07-23-2021, 11:12 AM
lol at Iowa fans out there hating KU in the Big 10. I'm honestly sitting here trying to think what their mascot is.

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 11:14 AM
Insane how fast this went.

MMXcalibur
07-23-2021, 11:15 AM
I'm not disillusioned to believe that all leagues are NOT fueled by the almighty dollar. I know that the Chiefs don't give two shits about anything outside of the bottom line.

But the transparent way that the NCAA and its athletic entities rub everyone's face into it's multimillion dollar buy-outs, and potential gains irritates me; especially given it's tax-free statuses.

Glad that college athletes can start to benefit on their own, but holy shit was it as a long road to walk in order to get to this point.

kcclone
07-23-2021, 11:17 AM
lol at Iowa fans out there hating KU in the Big 10. I'm honestly sitting here trying to think what their mascot is.

Their athletic budget was $149m in 2020 compared with $89m for KU. Just to give you an idea of what having a relevant football program will do for you.

My point is that football is about 80% of the discussion because that's what moves the needle the most on revenue.

BryanBusby
07-23-2021, 11:27 AM
Snyder is gone. The state of Kansas will not hesitate to sink K-State.

Real surprising that the PAC-12 is sitting on its hands rn

TribalElder
07-23-2021, 11:27 AM
It will be interesting watching Bill Self try to justify still playing K-State after they jump conferences

He was extra butthurt when Mizzou left ROFL

BigRedChief
07-23-2021, 11:30 AM
Their athletic budget was $149m in 2020 compared with $89m for KU. Just to give you an idea of what having a relevant football program will do for you.

My point is that football is about 80% of the discussion because that's what moves the needle the most on revenue.they will definitely have to commit more money to football.

KU may be talking to the Big 10 but they got a helluva sales to do.

Seems a pretty straightforward question……Is having a blue blood KU basketball team worth that shit football team?

TambaBerry
07-23-2021, 11:32 AM
they will definitely have to commit more money to football.

KU may be talking to the Big 10 but they got a helluva sales job to do. Is having a blue blood KU basketball team worth that shit football team?

Seeing how KU is 28th in the nation in revenue with a shit football program, yes they're really worth that much.

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 11:34 AM
Seeing how KU is 28th in the nation in revenue with a shit football program, yes they're really worth that much.

KU doesn’t really bring in a new media market, though, aside from KC.

KChiefs1
07-23-2021, 11:42 AM
Mike Vernon
@M_Vernon
KU REALIGNMENT HEARINGS:

KU has a call set up with the Big Ten.
10:18 AM · Jul 23, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets

Kansas goes begging to the B1G.

BryanBusby
07-23-2021, 11:44 AM
Rutgers pulls in about 1% of that NYC market but didn't stop the big10 from inviting that shit program.

KChiefs1
07-23-2021, 11:45 AM

My point is that football is about 80% of the discussion because that's what moves the needle the most on revenue.

Kansas isn’t exactly B1G ready. Brutal

TambaBerry
07-23-2021, 11:46 AM

Streamers count more then markets

KChiefs1
07-23-2021, 11:46 AM
they will definitely have to commit more money to football.

KU may be talking to the Big 10 but they got a helluva sales to do.

Seems a pretty straightforward question……Is having a blue blood KU basketball team worth that shit football team?

Big East would take you guys in a second.

BigRedChief
07-23-2021, 11:50 AM

ACC would take you guys in a second.

Big 10 would be better for KU but the ACC is a reputable conference. They will be fine. Texas Tech will be fine. The rest…….. :hmmm:

Kiimo
07-23-2021, 11:51 AM

I'm not pissing on Iowa's program which seems totally fine.

I just don't understand their fans having some kind of issue with KU when we have like zero history together.

I guess a good question is to ask yourself how much TV market matters in the streaming days of 2021

KChiefs1
07-23-2021, 11:51 AM
Big 10 would be better for KU but the ACC is a reputable conference. They will be fine. Texas Tech will be fine. The rest…….. :hmmm:

I was thinking of the Big East where football is secondary. The ACC actually has some good football teams.

BryanBusby
07-23-2021, 11:52 AM
I guess a good question is to ask yourself how much TV market matters in the streaming days of 2021
More than you think. Streaming is working it's way to being too expensive for most people.

Replace Texas Tech with West Virginia. The ACC will accept them by default.

Kiimo
07-23-2021, 11:56 AM
It's really weird how all of this talk is exactly the same as last time. I guess the difference is that this time KU has no choice. The Big 12 is over.

Last time the Big 10 and PAC whatever were interested. KU to the B1G makes sense regionally. Sure football has to improve but they knew that already.

Also this doesn't hurt:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kansas AD Travis Goff was just at a Big 10 institution. That would certainly help the communication with the conference and an eventual transition. <a href="https://t.co/BOy3c7OVL9">https://t.co/BOy3c7OVL9</a></p>&mdash; Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) <a href="https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1418596166535614466?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kcclone
07-23-2021, 11:59 AM
Kansas goes begging to the B1G.

That's what I'd be doing if I were them.

ND is about the only team left that wouldn't have to beg if their conference is raided by the SEC or Big 10.

BryanBusby
07-23-2021, 12:01 PM
Kansas should just go Independent and not have any blockers on shutting down the shit football product.

they are better off dragging that corpse along to cash in bigger, though.

ku_jhawk23
07-23-2021, 12:14 PM

Where do you get that number for ISU.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/randy-peterson/2020/07/16/iowa-state-cyclones-athletics-revenue-spending-big-12-rankings-usa-today-database/5449603002/

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 12:33 PM
They discussed the 8 remaining schools going to the PAC 12 during that meeting yesterday apparently.

Hoover
07-23-2021, 12:43 PM
Kansas will get into the Big 10 before Iowa State

But I don't think many realize this isn't about picking up and dealing with the scraps from the Big 12. This is about creating powerful money making conferences and the SEC just made a huge move.

The Big Ten has to counter what the SEC is doing. Adding Kansas doesn't move the needle. If you are the Big Ten you have to worry about your elite teams bolting if they are in a substandard conference. So to keep the Ohio States and Penn States happy you need to be aggressive and bring in some powerful football schools.

Notre Dame is at the top off the list. The Big Ten needs it, and frankly Notre Dame has to think its options long term is SEC or Big Ten. This is critical.

The Big Ten still needs a considerable football program. I think you have to look at Florida State, and Clemson. THEN once you add two schools to counter what the SEC added in Oklahoma and Texas, you can go out and add four more schools to bring you to 20.

If I'm the Big Ten, my wish list would be: Notre Dame, Clemson, Florida State, Virginia or Virginia Tech, Kansas, and Colorado.

Hell, I'd also call up Texas A&M and see if they would like to join the Big Ten, odd to leave the SEC the but if they don't want to be with Texas it makes sense. SEC isn't going to stop after Oklahoma and Texas anyway, they will get to 20 too.

In the end I think we have three 20 team super conferences, SEC, BIG, and PAC

Hoover
07-23-2021, 12:47 PM
They discussed the 8 remaining schools going to the PAC 12 during that meeting yesterday apparently.

I don't think the PAC 12 is going to add religious schools like Baylor and TCU.

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 12:49 PM

A lot. Until cable is completely eliminated or streaming takes over 100% of the market, it will matter quite a lot.

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 12:51 PM
AAC seems to be planning to poach what's left of the Big 12. The arms race will be interesting.

Hoover
07-23-2021, 12:53 PM
A lot. Until cable is completely eliminated or streaming takes over 100% of the market, it will matter quite a lot.
Its all the same. Streaming vs cable is all about eyeballs.

Prison Bitch
07-23-2021, 12:54 PM
College sports would be better off if Texas and it’s little siblings were back in their own league.

If Kansas is a “little sibling” to Texas, then Kentucky is a “little sibling” to Florida or Auburn.

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 12:54 PM
Saw a rumor that these talks have been going on for quite a while (over a year) behind the scenes and A&M was kept in the dark. Once they found out they went public with the info in the Houston Chronicle to try and put out the fire and instead they poured jet fuel on it.

The opposite end of the spectrum is A&M has known all along and is just putting up appearances for it's fans.

Hoover
07-23-2021, 12:57 PM
AAC seems to be planning to poach what's left of the Big 12. The arms race will be interesting.
Sure, because most of what's left isn't very attractive.

I think schools like Iowa State, Kansas State, Texas Tech, West Virgina

Red Dawg
07-23-2021, 12:57 PM
The Big 12 is dead.

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 12:59 PM
If Kansas is a “little sibling” to Texas, then Kentucky is a “little sibling” to Florida or Auburn.

I thought it was implied that I was referring to TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech.

You know, schools that are actually in Texas.

Prison Bitch
07-23-2021, 01:00 PM

Got ya.

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 01:01 PM
Sure, because most of what's left isn't very attractive.

I think schools like Iowa State, Kansas State, Texas Tech, West Virgina

West Virginia has more attractiveness than the other 3.

KC_Lee
07-23-2021, 01:01 PM

AKA the old SWC.

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 01:02 PM
Got ya.

Literally just put Houston, Baylor, Texas, TCU, A&M, Texas Tech, SMU all in one conference and college athletics would be better with no need for re-alignment.
AKA the old SWC.

Yes, minus Arkansas.

BigRedChief
07-23-2021, 01:03 PM
Yikes!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JUST IN: Oklahoma and Texas are leaving the Big 12, per <a href="https://twitter.com/ChipBrown247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ChipBrown247</a> ��<br><br>Each school will owe the Big 12 over $76 million if they move to the SEC, per <a href="https://twitter.com/espn?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ESPN</a>. <a href="https://t.co/fNdljfCFE9">pic.twitter.com/fNdljfCFE9</a></p>&mdash; Front Office Sports (@FOS) <a href="https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1418597031044595714?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Prison Bitch
07-23-2021, 01:03 PM
On TexAgs, there was some hope Mizzouche would vote against this move.

Hahahahaha! If the SEC called their entire ath Dept and told them to hop on one leg during a Zoom call, MU would immediately agree.

Titty Meat
07-23-2021, 01:05 PM

Hahahahaha! If the SEC called their entire ath Dept and told them to hop on one leg during a Zoom call, MU would immediately agree.

Haha KU is a midmajor now

FloridaMan88
07-23-2021, 01:10 PM
The Big 10 may first try to go bigger and bolder with their potential expansion than settling for KU and the other soon to be Big 12 orphans… i.e. trying to raid the premium schools from the Pac 12 and ACC.

Prison Bitch
07-23-2021, 01:11 PM
Basketball would be a lot of fun. Football would suck just as bad as it always has.

BIG hoops would be awful. If you haven’t watched them, they’re slow plodding physical boring teams in hoops -just like FB. The B12 always has premier athletes, the best in the nation IMO. Even teams like Tech or Okie would go like 6-12 in League but always had some freak atheletes on the court - BIG doesn’t.

Hoops would take a big blow re: watchability.

FloridaMan88
07-23-2021, 01:13 PM

Villanova and Gonzaga are technically “mid majors”, right?

Both schools have built premiere basketball programs.

If KU’s goal is simply to maintain their top level basketball program they could probably achieve that outside of a power conference.

kcclone
07-23-2021, 01:16 PM
The Big 10 may first try to go bigger and bolder with their potential expansion than settling for KU and the other soon to be Big 12 orphans… i.e. trying to raid the premium schools from the Pac 12 and ACC.

I don't see anything happening fast for KU unless the ACC or P12 feels like they have to move fast.

The B1G can wait and see what their next move is because they are a clear #2 in the pecking order.

If I were them, I'd be considering, like you said "bigger and bolder" than KU. KU can always be a back up plan, and if they miss on them, they're really not out anything.

If I were the B1G I'd be looking at USC/UCLA/Washington/Oregon or raiding the ACC before I'd move on the B12 leftovers.

You're falling further behind the SEC if you add KU or ISU or anyone else in response to OU/UT.

DJJasonp
07-23-2021, 01:17 PM
BIG hoops would be awful. If you haven’t watched them, they’re slow plodding physical boring teams in hoops -just like FB. The B12 always has premier athletes, the best in the nation IMO. Even teams like Tech or Okie would go like 6-12 in League but always had some freak atheletes on the court - BIG doesn’t.

Hoops would take a big blow re: watchability.

self could go back exclusively to the high/low???

agree though - BIG hoops is horrible to watch.....and even worse is BIG refs.

KC_Connection
07-23-2021, 01:20 PM
With UT and OU gone, I'd imagine the B12 will dissolve within a few years. If KU can't hook on with a major football conference in the years to come, just create a conference with some of the other top basketball schools. At least that would be interesting to watch.

bdj23
07-23-2021, 01:24 PM

Stick to talking about sucking dick.

Titty Meat
07-23-2021, 01:35 PM

Enjoy your midmajor program.

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 01:36 PM

I mean if KU treats their football program like UConn did, he’s not wrong.

Mizzou_8541
07-23-2021, 01:49 PM
With UT and OU gone, I'd imagine the B12 will dissolve within a few years. If KU can't hook on with a major football conference in the years to come, just create a conference with some of the other top basketball schools. At least that would be interesting to watch.

I think you all will land in the Big 10. Seems to be a lot of discussion about that today.

Pitt Gorilla
07-23-2021, 02:03 PM
I think you all will land in the Big 10. Seems to be a lot of discussion about that today.

So the SEC gets better while the Big Ten gets worse?

KChiefs1
07-23-2021, 02:10 PM

What’s new?

SEC added Mizzou & TAMU while the Big Ten added Nebraska & Rutgers.

tredadda
07-23-2021, 02:14 PM

It already exists and it's called the Big East. Most likely landing spot for KU.

BryanBusby
07-23-2021, 02:19 PM

Lmao like Mizzou gives a shit.

The sticklers were conference stability in the B12 and the LHN. Not an issue in the SEC.

Texas will absolutely have to lose the LHN, SEC is going nowhere. It will have a bonus of hilarity when Bevo tries to pull its weight in the conference and gets deep dicked by an Elephant.

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 02:29 PM
Lmao like Mizzou gives a shit.

The sticklers were conference stability in the B12 and the LHN. Not an issue in the SEC.

Texas will absolutely have to lose the LHN, SEC is going nowhere. It will have a bonus of hilarity when Bevo tries to pull its weight in the conference and gets deep dicked by an Elephant.

Horns down will be a thing in the SEC.

bdj23
07-23-2021, 02:43 PM
Enjoy your midmajor program.

Says the fan of an irrelevant program lol

bdj23
07-23-2021, 02:44 PM
I mean if KU treats their football program like UConn did, he’s not wrong.

I love how a thread about conferences realigning is full of mizzou fans seething about kansas.

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 02:47 PM
I love how a thread about conferences realigning is full of mizzou fans seething about kansas.
Lol wut? It's mostly been about speculation of where the remaining teams will go sprinkled in with a couple "I told you so"s.

BryanBusby
07-23-2021, 02:49 PM
Horns down will be a thing in the SEC.
Absolutely. Texas about to Nebraska themselves.

Don't think the SEC will stop with Texas and Oklahoma. At some point they are going to land Clemson and Florida State.

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 02:53 PM
Absolutely. Texas about to Nebraska themselves.

Don't think the SEC will stop with Texas and Oklahoma. At some point they are going to land Clemson and Florida State.
Wouldn't surprise me. That "gentleman's agreement" doesn't apply when there's a shitload of money to be made.

Titty Meat
07-23-2021, 02:59 PM
Says the fan of an irrelevant program lol

So irrelevant that the B1G took them in. Nobody wants your midmajor basketball program

sedated
07-23-2021, 03:03 PM

Which the Big 12 could have had 10 years ago and prevented all this, but Texas had to veto it.

KChiefs1
07-23-2021, 03:04 PM

Which they are…ask any SEC fan.

sedated
07-23-2021, 03:04 PM

These threads always just turn into people shit talking on KU.

Although I don't think I've witnessed many instances of KU fans flooding a Mizzou or Nebraska thread to shit talk.

KChiefs1
07-23-2021, 03:05 PM

Get on your knees & suck the B1G’s cock.

KChiefs1
07-23-2021, 03:06 PM

Have been for awhile.

FloridaMan88
07-23-2021, 03:09 PM
Texas has killed two conferences now… SWC and Big 12.

BryanBusby
07-23-2021, 03:11 PM
These threads always just turn into people shit talking on KU.

Although I don't think I've witnessed many instances of KU fans flooding a Mizzou or Nebraska thread to shit talk.
Oklahoma really fucked it all up by clinging to Bevo's nuts.

KChiefs1
07-23-2021, 03:26 PM
Possible SEC Pods:

Pod 1: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Vanderbilt
Pod 2: Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss St
Pod 3: LSU, Mizzou, Kentucky, Tenn
Pod 4: OU, A&M, Texas, Arkansas

Or

North: Mizzou, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
West: Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Arkansas
East: South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Auburn
South: Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State

sedated
07-23-2021, 03:27 PM
Oklahoma really ****ed it all up by clinging to Bevo's nuts.

You might have meant to quote my post before that, but yeah the rumor seems to be that Texas Tech and Oklahoma State agreed to back OU and UT as long as they gave them "protection" if conference movement continues.

That deal is obviously over and I bet they are pissed for getting stabbed in the back, but at this point its too late.

Just a clusterf**k

BryanBusby
07-23-2021, 03:31 PM
You might have meant to quote my post before that, but yeah the rumor seems to be that Texas Tech and Oklahoma State agreed to back OU and UT as long as they gave them "protection" if conference movement continues.

That deal is obviously over and I bet they are pissed for getting stabbed in the back, but at this point its too late.

Just a clusterf**k
Yes, I did mean to quote the prior one. Oops.

DaKCMan AP
07-23-2021, 03:38 PM
Possible SEC Pods:

Swap A&M and Mizzou

RustShack
07-23-2021, 03:39 PM
I can’t wait for all the “Horns Down” this season and the Refs not call the 15 yard penalty.

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 03:51 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To that end, we will continue to work with purpose to the advancement of our state and the betterment of our fellow Oklahomans. In the ever-changing college athletic landscape, we will honor our values and ethics as we consider the next steps.</p>&mdash; Dr. Kayse Shrum (@drshrum) <a href="https://twitter.com/drshrum/status/1418688294007627776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rams Fan
07-23-2021, 03:55 PM

I went to Kentucky, dumbass.

sedated
07-23-2021, 04:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To that end, we will continue to work with purpose to the advancement of our state and the betterment of our fellow Oklahomans. In the ever-changing college athletic landscape, we will honor our values and ethics as we consider the next steps.</p>&mdash; Dr. Kayse Shrum (@drshrum) <a href="https://twitter.com/drshrum/status/1418688294007627776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For reference, this is the President of Oklahoma State

Pitt Gorilla
07-23-2021, 04:03 PM
Lmao at KSU/Isu fan takes.

Prison Bitch
07-23-2021, 04:06 PM
Always felt OU belonged in the SEC when realignment started. Perfect fit in every way.

sedated
07-23-2021, 04:06 PM
Lmao at KSU/Isu fan takes.

Has a K-State fan said anything in this thread?

Hoover
07-23-2021, 04:09 PM

There are K-State fans?

FloridaMan88
07-23-2021, 04:11 PM
Always felt OU belonged in the SEC when realignment started. Perfect fit in every way.

SEC teams are no doubt looking forward to continuing their bowl tradition of lighting up Chokelahoma’s defense.

RustShack
07-23-2021, 04:14 PM

He’s proven time and time again to be an idiot. But it’s not his fault he graduated from Iowa, actually he probably didn’t even do that.

Prison Bitch
07-23-2021, 04:23 PM
SEC teams are no doubt looking forward to continuing their bowl tradition of lighting up Chokelahoma’s defense.

Looking at their h2h, doesn’t appear they’re actually beating OU a lot.

Raiderhater
07-23-2021, 04:37 PM

What is there to say? All there is to do is sit back and hope for the best (in my mind that's PAC12 at this point).

Has anyone brought out and dusted off When the Band Broke Up yet? A bit dated but, still fairly relevant and actually really well done with plenty of chuckles.

Pitt Gorilla
07-23-2021, 04:38 PM

No. Referring to Facebook Fans that pop up.

BigRedChief
07-23-2021, 04:46 PM
Possible SEC Pods:

Or

North: Mizzou, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
West: Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Arkansas
East: South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Auburn
South: Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi StateHave you ever watched SEC football? In no scenario, no matter how many millions of scenarios you come up with does Alabama and Auburn not stay in the same division/pod/conference.

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 04:46 PM
LMAO They actually introduced legislation in Texas to try and stop this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Statement on filing of HB298: <a href="https://t.co/RgPoCn37oC">pic.twitter.com/RgPoCn37oC</a></p>&mdash; Dustin Burrows (@Burrows4TX) <a href="https://twitter.com/Burrows4TX/status/1418681652390285314?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 04:48 PM
I am pleased to file the companion bill, SB 76, to Chairman Dustin Burrows' HB 298, which would require legislative approval before a public senior college or university can change membership in a collegiate athletic conference. HB 298 is joint authored by Representatives Jeff Leach, Greg Bonnen, and Charlie Geren. I also want to thank my Senate joint authors - Senators Lois Kolkhorst, Charles Perry, and Beverly Powell, for their support and collaborative efforts.

This legislation would inhibit the proposed move of the University of Texas to the SEC without legislative approval. Such a move would negatively impact other Big 12 schools in our state like Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech. These schools and their surrounding communities heavily depend on the financial income that BIG 12 football provides. Without a significant player like Texas, along with the possible departure of OU, the Big 12 becomes a less favorable conference, effectively losing a substantial amount of viewership and attendance. Texas athletic programs are pivotal to many areas of our state. A major change in conference dynamics could have a devastating effect on tourism, the economy, and the general status of Texas collegiate regions. Conference membership and standing also have the power to greatly enhance academic opportunities and the recruiting of faculty, scholars, and students.

The University of Texas is an agent of the state and is ultimately making an economic decision solely focused on their own welfare. What is best for the University of Texas may not be best for the state as a whole. The legislature represents the best interest of the state. Therefore, this decision cannot be made independently without legislative approval. This bill is the necessary course of action to avoid universities making decisions that are for their betterment but to the detriment of the state.

I am honored to work with fellow legislative members in both the Senate and the House, who understand the importance of this legislation. I seek to expand support with co-authors in both bodies. Thank you to Chairman Burrows for his leadership in this effort.

My colleagues and I urge the Governor to add this essential piece of legislation to our agenda for this current special session.

Kellerfox
07-23-2021, 05:04 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Statement on filing of HB298: <a href="https://t.co/RgPoCn37oC">pic.twitter.com/RgPoCn37oC</a></p>&mdash; Dustin Burrows (@Burrows4TX) <a href="https://twitter.com/Burrows4TX/status/1418681652390285314?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not to stop it, but to look like they are supporting their constituents and alma maters. Political maneuvering is all. Just listened to an interview with Dusty Burrows where he basically said as much,

They know this legislation is going nowhere…

Texas Leg is in special session, which means only bills approved by the Governor can reach the floor…
Gov. Abbott is a UT alumni and has already made it quite clear he won’t interfere…
Even if it reaches the floor, Texas Dems are still out of state and nothing can pass…
And regardless, UT and OU combined have enough alumni in the Texas leg to block it

sedated
07-23-2021, 05:04 PM

Baylor grads own the TX government. Its how they got into the Big 12 over Houston in the first place.

RustShack
07-23-2021, 05:13 PM
Baylor grads own the TX government. Its how they got into the Big 12 over Houston in the first place.

That, and Texas not wanting Houston in the Big12.

Prison Bitch
07-23-2021, 05:14 PM

Is there anyway they can tell a suitor they bring the Manhattan market, and hope they don’t do their dilligence?

RaidersOftheCellar
07-23-2021, 05:17 PM
I always find it funny that Missouri fans think they're in a position to make fun of KU.

Good luck with your dreams of KU being left out in the cold, btw. I'm hearing that a move to the B1G is already informally agreed upon.

Prison Bitch
07-23-2021, 05:24 PM
Teicher was just on Soren Fatro. Apparently he’s a Mich State alum. Was asked to pick two schools he’d like BIG to grab. “How about USC and UCLA?”

Soren was like “No, I mean, for real.” Holy hell is Teicher stupid.

RustShack
07-23-2021, 05:32 PM
Does the PAC have a GOR for like the next ten years or did that fall through?

Edit- Or am I thinking of the ACC? Or both?

sedated
07-23-2021, 05:40 PM
I'm hearing that a move to the B1G is already informally agreed upon.

The smoke does seem to be increasing on that front. While it means nothing, several message boards (including B1G schools) already seem to be acting like KU is a done deal. Quite likely it's only because that's the only one with confirmed discussions so far.

sedated
07-23-2021, 05:43 PM
Does the PAC have a GOR for like the next ten years or did that fall through?

Edit- Or am I thinking of the ACC? Or both?

PAC is through 23/24.
Big 12 is 24/25

ACC and SEC are the only ones going into the mid-2030s

Titty Meat
07-23-2021, 06:14 PM
It's weird how the kstate fans on here disappeared the past 5 years or so

RustShack
07-23-2021, 06:15 PM

They died with Dan.

Raiderhater
07-23-2021, 06:26 PM

Outside of back to back wins against OU there hasn’t been much to talk about. And the BB program is dead to me until they come to their senses and move on from Weber (not happening any time soon, if ever). And I know other K-State fans who feel pretty much the same.

sedated
07-23-2021, 06:40 PM
I know K-State fans that hated the Weber hire from the first minute, and haven't backed off that stance for a second since then.

Raiderhater
07-23-2021, 06:50 PM
I know K-State fans that hated the Weber hire from the first minute, and haven't backed off that stance for a second since then.

I’d be one of them. A couple of times he had me thinking I might have to back off but, ultimately reverted to type.

What was it KU fans said at the time of that hire? When you succeed at Illinois you go to KU; when you fail at Illinois you go to K-State. As much as that statement hurts the fucking leadership and big donors were/are more concerned with our “image” (thus running Martin out of town) than having a winning program and proved it true.

RustShack
07-23-2021, 07:09 PM
Found this interesting.

TOTAL VIEWERS BY CONFERENCE MEMBER (GAMES ON ESPN CHANNELS, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, FS1) - FINAL

LISTED IN THE MILLIONS

CONFERENCE TOTAL
310.89 - SEC (73)
254.45 - ACC (66)
223.03 - Big Ten (69)
171.81 - Big 12 (97)
87.54 - Pac 12 (62)
67.00 - AAC (63)
31.07 - Sun Belt (44)
16.81 - MWC (29)
15.30 - CUSA (22)
13.44 - MAC (18)

PER MEMBER AVERAGE
22.21 - SEC (5.2)
17.18 - Big 12 (9.7)
16.96 - ACC (4.4)
15.93 - Big Ten (4.9)
7.30 - Pac 12 (5.2)
6.09 - AAC (5.7)
3.11 - Sun Belt (4.4)
1.40 - MWC (2.4)
1.18 - CUSA (1.7)
1.12 - MAC (1.5)

PER GAME AVERAGE
4.26 - SEC
3.86 - ACC
3.23 - Big Ten
1.77 - Big 12
1.41 - Pac 12
1.06 - AAC
0.75 - MAC
0.71 - Sun Belt
0.70 - CUSA
0.58 - MWC

BIG 12
30.72 - Oklahoma (10)
27.11 - Iowa State (12)
26.17 - Texas (9)
23.95 - Oklahoma State (11)
15.55 - West Virginia (10)
14.19 - Kansas State (10)
10.87 - TCU (10)
10.74 - Texas Tech (8)
8.02 - Baylor (9)
4.49 - Kansas (8)

ACC
70.52 - Notre Dame (12)
60.22 - Clemson (9)
24.22 - North Carolina (8)
21.72 - Miami (7)
13.62 - Georgia Tech (5)
11.59 - Florida State (4)
11.50 - Boston College (3)
8.97 - Louisville (4)
7.00 - Virginia Tech (3)
5.58 - NC State (3)
5.49 - Pittsburgh (2)
5.44 - Wake Forest (2)
4.71 - Duke (2)
3.87 - Syracuse (2)
0.00 - Virginia (0)

BIG TEN
69.01 - Ohio State (7)
22.01 - Indiana (8)
21.38 - Northwestern (6)
19.87 - Michigan (5)
18.28 - Penn State (7)
16.93 - Michigan State (6)
16.54 - Wisconsin (5)
12.61 - Nebraska (5)
9.50 - Minnesota (4)
8.91 - Iowa (6)
3.11 - Illinois (4)
2.86 - Maryland (2)
1.56 - Rutgers (3)
0.46 - Purdue (1)

PAC 12
19.81 - Oregon (7)
13.37 - Southern Cal (6)
7.28 - UCLA (7)
6.47 - Stanford (6)
6.18 - Colorado (5)
6.12 - Arizona (5)
6.05 - Utah (5)
5.71 - Oregon State (6)
5.21 - Washington (4)
4.32 - Arizona State (4)
4.03 - Washington State (4)
2.99 - California (3)

SEC
87.64 - Alabama (12)
44.33 - Florida (11)
34.67 - Georgia (5)
28.65 - Auburn (8)
27.36 - Texas A&M (8)
23.31 - LSU (6)
17.26 - Tennessee (5)
11.67 - Mississippi (3)
11.12 - Mississippi State (4)
8.40 - South Carolina (4)
7.15 - Arkansas (3)
5.22 - Kentucky (2)
2.09 - Missouri (1)
2.02 - Vanderbilt (1)

AAC
16.55 - Cincinnati (8)
10.36 - Central Florida (8)
8.42 - Tulsa (9)
8.31 - Navy (6)
5.44 - Memphis (6)
5.11 - Houston (5)
5.08 - Tulane (8)
3.37 - SMU (6)
2.31 - East Carolina (4)
2.05 - South Florida (3)
0.00 - Temple (0)

CUSA
4.34 - Marshall (3)
3.13 - UTSA (4)
2.13 - Louisiana Tech (5)
1.83 - Western Kentucky (3)
1.27 - Florida Atlantic (1)
0.64 - Middle Tennessee (1)
0.64 - North Texas (1)
0.50 - UAB (1)
0.41 - Charlotte (1)
0.28 - Southern Miss (1)
0.13 - UTEP (1)

MAC
3.83 - Buffalo (4)
2.65 - Ball State (2)
1.20 - Western Michigan (2)
1.19 - Central Michigan (2)
1.15 - Kent State (2)
0.96 - Akron (1)
0.72 - Toledo (1)
0.71 - Ohio (1)
0.64 - Miami-OH (1)
0.20 - Northern Illinois (1)
0.19 - Bowling Green (1)

MWC
3.56 - San Jose State (4)
2.94 - Boise State (4)
2.32 - Nevada (4)
2.16 - Hawaii (2)
1.52 - Utah State (3)
1.47 - San Diego State (2)
1.17 - New Mexico (3)
0.49 - Air Force (2)
0.44 - UNLV (2)
0.29 - Colorado State (1)
0.26 - Wyoming (1)
0.19 - Fresno State (1)

SUN BELT
6.42 - Coastal Carolina (7)
6.16 - Louisiana-Lafayette (6)
4.71 - Appalachian State (7)
4.20 - Arkansas State (6)
2.60 - Texas State (4)
2.04 - Georgia State (3)
1.74 - Georgia Southern (4)
1.61 - Troy (3)
1.46 - South Alabama (3)
0.13 - Louisiana-Monroe (1)

INDEPENDENTS
9.95 - Army (4)
9.50 - BYU (11)
2.87 - Liberty (3)
0.13 - Massachusetts (1)

BWillie
07-23-2021, 07:28 PM
Nobody is going anywhere. Didnt we learn from this 10 years ago? This is a negotiating tactic.

sedated
07-23-2021, 07:33 PM
Nobody is going anywhere. Didnt we learn from this 10 years ago? This is a negotiating tactic.

BWillie working hard on the "always wrong" perception.

OU and UT have already announced they are leaving, it's just a matter of the buyout in 2 years or waiting the full 4.

And btw, 10 years ago the Big 12 lost 4 schools. It wasn't nothing.

Boiled Chicken
07-23-2021, 07:34 PM
I’d be one of them. A couple of times he had me thinking I might have to back off but, ultimately reverted to type.

What was it KU fans said at the time of that hire? When you succeed at Illinois you go to KU; when you fail at Illinois you go to K-State. As much as that statement hurts the ****ing leadership and big donors were/are more concerned with our “image” (thus running Martin out of town) than having a winning program and proved it true.

EMAW is scared of another Asbury/Wooly era after running off Altman, because he wasn’t Kruger. As such, Weber will hang around (which coming full circle on the Illinois thing…EMAW thought they had a chance at Underwood, thinking he’d come home after his success at SFA, only to go to Champaign, after he wiped his ass with the Pokes - kind of ironic).

sedated
07-23-2021, 07:47 PM
K-State could have had Underwood but they dragged their feet.

Raiderhater
07-23-2021, 07:54 PM
K-State could have had Underwood but they dragged their feet.

They also could have brought Gary Patterson home after Snyder retired the first time but, some idiot leaked the talks and Patterson quickly backed out.

We’ll be lucky to end up in one of the super conferences when this is all said and done with our boneheaded track record.

Mecca
07-23-2021, 07:57 PM
Where the real issue lies here is if you have 4 16 team power conferences and likely Notre Dame as an Indy..you have 65 teams.

Those conferences could very easily break away from the NCAA to form their own league. If that happens there's no telling what happens to the rest of college football, whether those teams join the FCS or try to form something else.

Valiant
07-23-2021, 08:03 PM
Where the real issue lies here is if you have 4 16 team power conferences and likely Notre Dame as an Indy..you have 65 teams.

Those conferences could very easily break away from the NCAA to form their own league. If that happens there's no telling what happens to the rest of college football, whether those teams join the FCS or try to form something else.

They should form something else.

Mecca
07-23-2021, 08:07 PM
They should form something else.

I'm pretty sure that's the endgame, those schools make so much more money if they aren't giving the NCAA anything and they're playing top competition constantly.

You're downside is it could literally become a 2 conference type of thing resembling the AFC and NFC where it's literally NFL he with just the big boys.

RustShack
07-23-2021, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the endgame, those schools make so much more money if they aren't giving the NCAA anything and they're playing top competition constantly.

You're downside is it could literally become a 2 conference type of thing resembling the AFC and NFC where it's literally NFL he with just the big boys.

That’s the end game. But instead of two conferences and 32 teams, it’s four conferences and 64 teams.

ChiefsHawk
07-23-2021, 08:27 PM
It's already in the Iowa athletic department that they will vote no if ISU is to be voted in. Plus the BIG will listen to Iowa and ISU going mid major only helps Iowa in a small state which is good for the conference. Iowa also controls the market in the state so bringing Iowa State does nothing as they are awful historically in football and good in basketball. This about money and football and neither are strong suits for ISU.

RustShack
07-23-2021, 08:34 PM
It's already in the Iowa athletic department that they will vote no if ISU is to be voted in. Plus the BIG will listen to Iowa and ISU going mid major only helps Iowa in a small state which is good for the conference. Iowa also controls the market in the state so bringing Iowa State does nothing as they are awful historically in football and good in basketball. This about money and football and neither are strong suits for ISU.

Good thing it takes more than one vote, and no one else has a reason to vote no other than the instate school that’s been shitting themselves recently about Iowa States recent emergence and now taking the top instate recruits.

Plus ISU going to a midmajor is so outdated. Quit listening to your friends on Facebook. Worst case scenario is they join the “Midwest division” of the Pac16/20.

RustShack
07-23-2021, 08:40 PM
Iowa in the B1G is like aTm in the SEC. their vote doesn’t matter, and they were left out of talks for a reason.

Bill Brasky
07-23-2021, 08:49 PM
So this is happening. I’m surprised people people still have their heads in the sand. Fresh new take.

RustShack
07-23-2021, 08:54 PM

Also what exactly does Iowa “control” in state? If you go up a few posts to the viewers per school, Iowa sure as hell didn’t even have half the total viewers per game. It’s not recruiting anymore. The only thing they have right now is racism which we will gladly let you have that.

lawrenceRaider
07-23-2021, 08:58 PM
I went to Kentucky, dumbass.

So a step down from Mizzou.

Hoover
07-23-2021, 08:59 PM
Also what exactly does Iowa “control” in state? If you go up a few posts to the viewers per school, Iowa sure as hell didn’t even have half the total viewers per game. It’s not recruiting anymore. The only thing they have right now is racism which we will gladly let you have that.

Wow. You’re dumb.

Pablo
07-23-2021, 09:07 PM
They also could have brought Gary Patterson home after Snyder retired the first time but, some idiot leaked the talks and Patterson quickly backed out.

We’ll be lucky to end up in one of the super conferences when this is all said and done with our boneheaded track record.

You guys will always have a top five Soybean team so that's something...

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 09:07 PM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Texas A&amp;M Board of Regents will meet on Monday at 5 pm CT, &quot;for discussion and possible action on contractual and governance issues relating to Texas A&amp;M University and the Southeastern Conference.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mike Leslie (@MikeLeslieWFAA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeLeslieWFAA/status/1418749742150946816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROYC75
07-23-2021, 09:08 PM

I was thinking the same thing, where was the improvement? At best, a draw?

ChiefsHawk
07-23-2021, 09:09 PM
Good thing it takes more than one vote, and no one else has a reason to vote no other than the instate school that’s been shitting themselves recently about Iowa States recent emergence and now taking the top instate recruits.

Plus ISU going to a midmajor is so outdated. Quit listening to your friends on Facebook. Worst case scenario is they join the “Midwest division” of the Pac16/20.

Yeah Iowa fears a school that has never won 10 games in a season and current coach has never beat them. The top recruit in the state that tried committing to Iowa in which they said no lets see how your grades do and it looks more and more will go juco. It's a pipe dream that ISU gets in the BIG cuz you're looking at playing UNI in conference games in the future.

Pablo
07-23-2021, 09:12 PM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Texas A&amp;M Board of Regents will meet on Monday at 5 pm CT, &quot;for discussion and possible action on contractual and governance issues relating to Texas A&amp;M University and the Southeastern Conference.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mike Leslie (@MikeLeslieWFAA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeLeslieWFAA/status/1418749742150946816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMAO

When your side chick says she's gonna leave you..

Sassy Squatch
07-23-2021, 09:31 PM
When you're so pissed you successfully invent time travel.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7Bro5-XMAMUzn9?format=png&name=900x900

tredadda
07-23-2021, 09:38 PM
LMAO

They will not do anything but shake their fist in the sky and toe the line. They won't leave the SEC and will just have to accept UT and OU being there with them.

FloridaMan88
07-23-2021, 09:43 PM
LMAO

I am sure the Big 12 would welcome them back with desperate open arms… that’s their “leverage”.

Jerm
07-23-2021, 09:49 PM
I always find it funny that Missouri fans think they're in a position to make fun of KU.

Good luck with your dreams of KU being left out in the cold, btw. I'm hearing that a move to the B1G is already informally agreed upon.

Uh huh….

Mizzou_8541
07-23-2021, 10:32 PM

Lol you’re so mad.

Projecting hate on Mizzou, while we are cashing huge checks. I hope you find a good conference. Sucks you aren’t a blue blood like Kentucky, UNC, or Duke to force your way into a decent conference.

Mizzou_8541
07-23-2021, 10:37 PM

Much worse. Ku has nothing to improve a conference. Such a small population that nobody cares about. They don’t have the history of Duke to bring in, and the sustained success as Kentucky to consider as a member. They don’t have the population or national following. If their football team won more than a few games a decade they be a great fit in B1G. Instead they are mad a Mizzou for some reason. It’s weird. They say we are irrelevant but blame all of this on us. Are we irrelevant or not?

Hoover
07-23-2021, 10:40 PM
I'm sure the Big 10 would love to have them.

Raiderhater
07-23-2021, 10:44 PM
Much worse. Ku has nothing to improve a conference. Such a small population that nobody cares about. They don’t have the history of Duke to bring in, and the sustained success as Kentucky to consider as a member. They don’t have the population or national following. If their football team won more than a few games a decade they be a great fit in B1G. Instead they are mad a Mizzou for some reason. It’s weird. They say we are irrelevant but blame all of this on us. Are we irrelevant or not?

LMAO Some Grade A trolling going on here.

FloridaMan88
07-23-2021, 10:47 PM
They don’t have the history of Duke to bring in

Duke’s history before Coach K is nothing.

Mizzou_8541
07-23-2021, 10:50 PM
LMAO Some Grade A trolling going on here.

Sorry bout you luck, bruh. Your school is an afterthought.

Prison Bitch
07-23-2021, 10:51 PM
Duke’s history before Coach K is nothing.

Not true ^

Raiderhater
07-23-2021, 10:52 PM

I pay you a compliment and you want to be dick in return? Fuck you then, border trash.

Mizzou_8541
07-23-2021, 10:54 PM
I pay you a compliment and you want to be dick in return? Fuck you then, border trash.

I’ll live. Take a gummy and relax.

Raiderhater
07-23-2021, 11:01 PM
I’ll live. Take a gummy and relax.

I tell you I was paying you a compliment and your reaction isn’t, “My bad, dude, I misunderstood” but, telling me your ok with being a dick to someone who was complimenting you…

You’re as arrogant as a KU fan. Congratulations on being that which you claim to hate.

Mizzou_8541
07-23-2021, 11:05 PM
I tell you I was paying you a compliment and your reaction isn’t, “My bad, dude, I misunderstood” but, telling me your ok with being a dick to someone who was complimenting you…

You’re as arrogant as a KU fan. Congratulations on being that which you claim to hate.

Take a breath. You’ll be fine.

Also, I don’t hate anyone. It’s college sports lol.

Raiderhater
07-23-2021, 11:09 PM
Take a breath. You’ll be fine.

Also, I don’t hate anyone. It’s college sports lol.

I’m not upset or excited. I find, what I am guessing, is your misconception of my fandom rather amusing actually.

Mizzou_8541
07-23-2021, 11:19 PM
I’m not upset or excited. I find, what I am guessing, is your misconception of my fandom rather amusing actually.

I couldn’t care less about your fandom, or what you think about mine. Have a good weekend.

RaidersOftheCellar
07-24-2021, 12:22 AM
Lol you’re so mad.

Projecting hate on Mizzou, while we are cashing huge checks. I hope you find a good conference. Sucks you aren’t a blue blood like Kentucky, UNC, or Duke to force your way into a decent conference.

This might be the first time I’ve been informed that KU isn’t a blueblood. And it’s a Missouri fan. How utterly shocking.ROFL

It’s funny that you think the B1G would welcome Rutgers but turn their nose up at KU. As if Rutgers brings in the NY market. KU, however, owns the KC metro.

KU will soon own B1G basketball much like they’ve owned the Big 12.

Enjoy those checks. Bet they’re way more satisfying than wins.

BryanBusby
07-24-2021, 02:29 AM
This might be the first time I’ve been informed that KU isn’t a blueblood. And it’s a Missouri fan. How utterly shocking.ROFL

It’s funny that you think the B1G would welcome Rutgers but turn their nose up at KU. As if Rutgers brings in the NY market. KU, however, owns the KC metro.

KU will soon own B1G basketball much like they’ve owned the Big 12.

Enjoy those checks. Bet they’re way more satisfying than wins.
Fucking nobody is watching KU football. Nobody.

That's where the juice is at for the conference.

tredadda
07-24-2021, 06:14 AM
I'm sure the Big 10 would love to have them.

I am not a KU basher, but I ask honestly why would they? What does KU bring to the table? They don't check off any boxes that this expansion and realignment is about. Weak FB program, small media market (KC is not purely KU territory). If basketball was a driving force then they could have just offered an invite to a Villanova or Georgetown (much larger markets).

I do hope KU lands on their feet and it would be cool if they make it to the B1G, I just don't see what that conference gains from KU joining.

Boiled Chicken
07-24-2021, 06:47 AM
I am not a KU basher, but I ask honestly why would they? What does KU bring to the table? They don't check off any boxes that this expansion and realignment is about. Weak FB program, small media market (KC is not purely KU territory). If basketball was a driving force then they could have just offered an invite to a Villanova or Georgetown (much larger markets).

I do hope KU lands on their feet and it would be cool if they make it to the B1G, I just don't see what that conference gains from KU joining.

Couldn’t this same argument be applied to Rutgers? Granted, NYC is massive, but Rutgers isn’t entirely NYC territory and Rutgers football is not KU football trash, yet, has a funky aroma also.

Rams Fan
07-24-2021, 06:50 AM
Couldn’t this same argument be applied to Rutgers? Granted, NYC is massive, but Rutgers isn’t entirely NYC territory and Rutgers football is not KU football trash, yet, has a funky aroma also.

Yes, but as you noted, NYC is massive.

duncan_idaho
07-24-2021, 06:52 AM

It improves the basketball brand. Football matters. So do national brands, and kansas remains a national brand.

When you look at what's left of other big schools, I'm not sure where else the B1G would go as it tries to expand.

tredadda
07-24-2021, 07:15 AM
It improves the basketball brand. Football matters. So do national brands, and kansas remains a national brand.

When you look at what's left of other big schools, I'm not sure where else the B1G would go as it tries to expand.

Good points and that might be what gets them in if that's what the B1G is looking at. I just wonder if logistically and from an improving BB brand as well as market if Villanova would be a better get. They don't have the history of KU, but they have a very good BB program and are in the huge Philly market. I do think of the remaining Big 12 schools they are the most appealing to add.

duncan_idaho
07-24-2021, 07:35 AM
Good points and that might be what gets them in if that's what the B1G is looking at. I just wonder if logistically and from an improving BB brand as well as market if Villanova would be a better get. They don't have the history of KU, but they have a very good BB program and are in the huge Philly market. I do think of the remaining Big 12 schools they are the most appealing to add.

Villanova's issue is the football imprint and academic fit.

Yes, it's a private school with a strong academic rep, but the B1G is also pretty set on schools it adds being large research-based institutions with a broad range of degree programs and large alum bases.

And in football, they have a 12,000 seat stadium and play in the FCS division (where they HAVE won a national title). I think that makes Nova a non-starter.

UConn, on the other hand... I could see that... wouldn't add MUCH re: football, but it is a national basketball brand (still) and has a FBS football program that hasn't been a total embarrassment at times.

tredadda
07-24-2021, 07:46 AM
Villanova's issue is the football imprint and academic fit.

Yes, it's a private school with a strong academic rep, but the B1G is also pretty set on schools it adds being large research-based institutions with a broad range of degree programs and large alum bases.

And in football, they have a 12,000 seat stadium and play in the FCS division (where they HAVE won a national title). I think that makes Nova a non-starter.

UConn, on the other hand... I could see that... wouldn't add MUCH re: football, but it is a national basketball brand (still) and has a FBS football program that hasn't been a total embarrassment at times.

UConn is a possibility. Never considered them. They would make more sense than KU if for nothing else logistics.

lawrenceRaider
07-24-2021, 08:20 AM
I couldn’t care less about your fandom, or what you think about mine. Have a good weekend.

You "root" for Mizzou, so of course you don't care about Fandom of a team. Y'all chant SEC because you have nothing on your own.

Sassy Squatch
07-24-2021, 08:26 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7CJfVWVIAMNx9E?format=png&name=900x900

FloridaMan88
07-24-2021, 08:30 AM
UConn is a possibility. Never considered them. They would make more sense than KU if for nothing else logistics.

UConn is not an AAU school, the Big 10 won’t take them.

Hoover
07-24-2021, 08:32 AM

my bad, I was actually referring to the Big Ten taking Texas A&M if they are but hurt

hawkchief
07-24-2021, 09:18 AM

If KU is an afterthought, what does that make Mizzou? KU actually has won national championships in major sports and has a top 3-5 all-time blue blood major sports program that is relevant every year and historically. Mizzou has nothing remotely like that, in any sport, ever. Might want to rethink your foolish statement.

Prison Bitch
07-24-2021, 10:02 AM
small media market (KC is not purely KU territory).

Sure, sire. KC is a small media market that just so happens to have 3 pro sports teams in it.

As for splitting this market, you could say that about *any* college. There isn’t a market out there, maybe outside Austin TX, that isn’t split between schools. The issue is “dominance” and KU obv dominates the market. 105,000 alums within an hour of downtown is one metric.

Maybe you should ask: what does KU gain from that conference? I’m not seeing many benefits at all, athletically.

Sassy Squatch
07-24-2021, 10:24 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Told zero chance Texas A&amp;M considers exiting SEC over Texas and Oklahoma entrance: <a href="https://t.co/AaTgSnJRro">https://t.co/AaTgSnJRro</a></p>&mdash; Brent Zwerneman (@BrentZwerneman) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/1418936203764772872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Prison Bitch
07-24-2021, 10:30 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Told zero chance Texas A&amp;M considers exiting SEC over Texas and Oklahoma entrance: <a href="https://t.co/AaTgSnJRro">https://t.co/AaTgSnJRro</a></p>&mdash; Brent Zwerneman (@BrentZwerneman) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/1418936203764772872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROFL

That needed to be said?

BWillie
07-24-2021, 11:07 AM

KU is a great fit for any conference that have a subscription channel. KU has one of the largest CBB fanbases in the country. What does that mean? A ton of subscriptions.

How ppl watch TV is changing due to cable becoming more and more a thing of the past. 10 yrs ago it was more about what market does a school bring. For example, Rutgers gets you some NY/NJ cable money regardless if anybody actually watches them or not. Now in 2021 with more stand alone subscription services, market location doesn't mean as much. This is actually GOOD for KU because KU bball fans WILL buy whatever network has their bball games. And there are alot of us. They have a big alumni base and that's alot of subscriptions to sell.

BWillie
07-24-2021, 11:09 AM
****ing nobody is watching KU football. Nobody.

That's where the juice is at for the conference.

They dont have to. Because all of the KU bball fans will still buy the Big 10 Network.

Chief Roundup
07-24-2021, 11:58 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TY4EbZfN7VI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hoover
07-24-2021, 12:22 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TY4EbZfN7VI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Its and entertaining listen but its clear these guys don't know shit and can't even comprehend what's going on. Its not about getting conferences to 16 teams. Its about money, which means brands and TV contracts, and control

ROYC75
07-24-2021, 12:53 PM
The Big 12 screwed up in 2016 when they had the opportunity to go to 16 teams. They elected to stay at 10 for currently more money per team. Eventually they could have made more in a 16 teams conference with a new TV contract. They could not see far enough into the future.

tredadda
07-24-2021, 01:07 PM
Sure, sire. KC is a small media market that just so happens to have 3 pro sports teams in it.

As for splitting this market, you could say that about *any* college. There isn’t a market out there, maybe outside Austin TX, that isn’t split between schools. The issue is “dominance” and KU obv dominates the market. 105,000 alums within an hour of downtown is one metric.

Maybe you should ask: what does KU gain from that conference? I’m not seeing many benefits at all, athletically.

Big difference between a pro team where there is no other competition for a long distance (Outside of the Royals and Cardinals) and local college teams. Not saying KC is Pierre, SD, but it is one of the smallest pro sports markets.

Al Czervik
07-24-2021, 01:36 PM
If KU is an afterthought, what does that make Mizzou? KU actually has won national championships in major sports and has a top 3-5 all-time blue blood major sports program that is relevant every year and historically. Mizzou has nothing remotely like that, in any sport, ever. Might want to rethink your foolish statement.

LMAO

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/cpRSDKBkiyAaQ" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/crickets-cpRSDKBkiyAaQ">via GIPHY</a></p>

sedated
07-24-2021, 01:37 PM
The Big 12 screwed up in 2016 when they had the opportunity to go to 16 teams. They elected to stay at 10 for currently more money per team. Eventually they could have made more in a 16 teams conference with a new TV contract. They could not see far enough into the future.

It wasn't lack of vision, it was Texas doing everything they could to run the conference. They opposed expansion because more teams meant they could get out-voted and lose the ability to do whatever they want.

kcclone
07-24-2021, 01:49 PM

The problem is that Texas has known going back over 10 years when the B12 was being raided, that they would eventually jump ship. It was just a matter of timing, and figuring out which is the best conference to jump to.

OU likely would rather stay in the B12, but they know they need to stay hitched to Texas for security.

The only thing that could have avoided this was if somehow the top teams in either the Pac 12 or ACC would have jumped to the B12 back in 2016, but that was probably a pipe dream.

Clemson's emergence and ND quasi-joining solidified that conference.