PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If the Chiefs go 8-8 or better 49ers get a 2nd round pick.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

Rasputin
05-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Yes, he's very cheap for a starting NFL QB. You're embarrassing yourself.

He's the 17th highest paid QB in the NFL in terms of cap hit. That's lower half, for the math challenged. If you eliminate QBs on their rookie contracts, it's 17th out of 24. That's lower third.

I don't curr if Alex Smith gets paid by Blow Up Dolls with Hornets Nest Vaginas he is an over rated quarterback that the Chiefs gave too much compensation for.

Next couple of years will be tail of the tape how this works out. I will give him this season to prove he can 1) stay healthy all 16 games and playoffs 2) be effective in the passing game not rely on Jamaal Charles run game.
3) win in the playoffs getting there is not good enough.

patteeu
05-16-2013, 01:46 PM
I don't curr if Alex Smith gets paid by Blow Up Dolls with Hornets Nest Vaginas he is an over rated quarterback that the Chiefs gave too much compensation for.

Next couple of years will be tail of the tape how this works out. I will give him this season to prove he can 1) stay healthy all 16 games and playoffs 2) be effective in the passing game not rely on Jamaal Charles run game.

Yes, I know you don't care. I wasn't posting that information for your benefit.

Rasputin
05-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes, I know you don't care. I wasn't posting that information for your benefit.

I know you didn't, I just wanted to make the Blow Up Doll with Hornets Nest Vagina comment :)

patteeu
05-16-2013, 01:54 PM
I know you didn't, I just wanted to make the Blow Up Doll with Hornets Nest Vagina comment :)

OK, LMAO

Halfcan
05-16-2013, 01:58 PM
OR...It's just a bad deal because he's a bad QB.

That simple...

LMAO that would be too easy to say it that way- then what would you put on the other 150 pages of this thread-lol

Sandy Vagina
05-16-2013, 03:01 PM
I think I will do everyone a favor and stop asking them to restrain themselves from "the impending doom that KC has coming." For one, it's clear the wailing misery won't end. Secondly, and whether right or wrong.. it's simply too much fun to read. :popcorn:

Pasta Little Brioni
05-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Nuke this thread from orbit

Rausch
05-16-2013, 03:33 PM
LMAO that would be too easy to say it that way- then what would you put on the other 150 pages of this thread-lol

Tits.

And THEN, and ONLY then, would this thread 0WN ALL TEH BAZE nad Monkyz as well...

Rasputin
05-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Then the Midgets..

Mav
05-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Lets find out just how much you REALLY know...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/76733/chatwrapmailbag-aaron-rodgers-cap-hit

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers/

Year Base S. Bonus Misc. Cap Hit Dead
2013 4,500,000 7,000,000 500,000 12,000,000 54,000,000

Please see yourself to the nearest exit.

Good info. that's not how I understood it. I stand corrected.

Look at that, I didn't even have to be a douche bag about it. just admitted I was wrong and moved on.

Mav
05-16-2013, 06:01 PM
No, I probably would have. I have no problem ignoring Sweet Willie Hate or w/e his name is and he's an Alex Smith hater. Hating Alex Smith has nothing to do whether I ignore you or not. Being a bitch is.

Yeah, and calling another man a bitch over the internet is in fact, not being a bitch. Oh wait, it actually IS.....

Hi pot, meet KETTLE.

Mav
05-16-2013, 06:04 PM
OR...It's just a bad deal because he's a bad QB.

That simple...

And yet, its only the simpletons on this board, and the select ABAers of the niners ilk, who believe he is a bad qb.

Most believe, including the guys who are playing the game, that he is a decent enough qb that you have to respect. And when people go this way, calling him garbage, it just shows their lack of understanding of the game. there is no one that has watched him the last two years, that would say he is garbage. Not even the most adamant die hard niner alex smith haters.

Mav
05-16-2013, 06:05 PM

That's reasonable enough in my opinion. I just hope the board doesn't implode if they offense starts slow.

Mav
05-16-2013, 06:08 PM
I think I will do everyone a favor and stop asking them to restrain themselves from "the impending doom that KC has coming." For one, it's clear the wailing misery won't end. Secondly, and whether right or wrong.. it's simply too much fun to read. :popcorn:

Especially considering, I have already been through this once before. this is the same bullshit that the niner dick heads were saying when Jim Harbaugh brought him back.

"Jim you dummy, hes going to get you fired."

"Alex Smith still sucks!!!"

"Alex Smith was carried by the defense."

"Alex Smith was carried by defense special teams and the run game."

a divisional playoff win over the saints later.

"ALEX SMITH HAS ARRIVED."

A week later,

"Alex Smith sucks ass again."

It is quite comical. the problem is, the malcontents ruin a good mood for the rest of the people.

SAUTO
05-16-2013, 06:08 PM
This boards simpletons only huh?

This is the only place that people say Smith is a bad qb?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
05-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Press this button to quote multiple posts at once. Thanks.

Sandy Vagina
05-16-2013, 06:12 PM
It is quite comical. the problem is, the malcontents ruin a good mood for the rest of the people.

Yeah, they seem to be content with wallowing in their misery... and you know misery loves company. So after a while, the good and mature KC fans probably just leave altogether... don't want to read the whiny BS every day.

It's a shame.. but one thing I do feel for them about.. it has to **** up your mentality when losing for so long.

I think it changes now... but some have been burned for too long to give an ounce of optimism anymore. May the Chiefs have mercy on their souls.

Mav
05-16-2013, 06:29 PM
This boards simpletons only huh?

This is the only place that people say Smith is a bad qb?
Posted via Mobile Device

no no, the niners boards have their simpletons too. Im not saying hes a great qb, but by all means, hes not brady Quinn, blaine gabber, or Brandon weeden bad.

Mav
05-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Press this button to quote multiple posts at once. Thanks.

did that earlier, and jd got pissed because I bolded my replies lol.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-16-2013, 06:35 PM
David Koresh never drove a short bus this big.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Then the Midgets..

came for Maverick

SAUTO
05-16-2013, 07:54 PM
no no, the niners boards have their simpletons too. Im not saying hes a great qb, but by all means, hes not brady Quinn, blaine gabber, or Brandon weeden bad.

He had a higher percentage of ints per attempt than Gabbert...
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin
05-16-2013, 07:54 PM
left him beeznest

Pasta Little Brioni
05-16-2013, 07:55 PM
left him beeznest

swollen three incher

Pasta Little Brioni
05-16-2013, 07:55 PM
He had a higher percentage of ints per attempt than Gabbert...
Posted via Mobile Device

so mini SAUTO

BossChief
05-16-2013, 08:00 PM
I wonder where Alexs 16.6 passes per TD ranks in the league last year. I would guess it's top ten.

SAUTO
05-16-2013, 08:27 PM
so mini SAUTO

Ran around naked
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
05-16-2013, 08:31 PM
I wonder where Alexs 16.6 passes per TD ranks in the league last year. I would guess it's top ten.

Tom Brady is just a tad over 17 per for his career
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
05-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I gotta try to be excited sbout the upside of these guys. Tired of talkin about only the doom and gloom part.

SAUTO
05-16-2013, 08:53 PM
I gotta try to be excited sbout the upside of these guys. Tired of talkin about only the doom and gloom part.

I understand
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
05-16-2013, 08:56 PM
I gotta try to be excited sbout the upside of these guys. Tired of talkin about only the doom and gloom part.There's too much polarization. If you don't say "Alex Smith is the greatest ever, god what an amazing signing! He's going to turn this team into a superbowl contender for sure" you're a doom-and-gloomer, and on the flip side if you don't say "Alex Smith is a 7-year game-managing vet who hasn't ever shown he can successfully execute a pass-first offense, and has only ridden a strong running game and defense to martyocre wins" then you're a blind homer.

There has to be a middle ground somewhere.

-King-
05-16-2013, 08:58 PM
There's too much polarization. If you don't say "Alex Smith is the greatest ever, god what an amazing signing! He's going to turn this team into a superbowl contender for sure" you're a doom-and-gloomer, and on the flip side if you don't say "Alex Smith is a 7-year game-managing vet who hasn't ever shown he can successfully execute a pass-first offense, and has only ridden a strong running game and defense to martyocre wins" then you're a blind homer.

There has to be a middle ground somewhere.

This.

SAUTO
05-16-2013, 08:58 PM
There's too much polarization. If you don't say "Alex Smith is the greatest ever, god what an amazing signing! He's going to turn this team into a superbowl contender for sure" you're a doom-and-gloomer, and on the flip side if you don't say "Alex Smith is a 7-year game-managing vet who hasn't ever shown he can successfully execute a pass-first offense, and has only ridden a strong running game and defense to martyocre wins" then you're a blind homer.

There has to be a middle ground somewhere. yep.

I blame the niners fans...
Posted via Mobile Device

DRU
05-16-2013, 09:03 PM
I don't know if anybody has said this or not, but everything I'm reading looks like you all seem to think the Chiefs simply said, oh, if we can get to 8-8 that would be awesome! That would be well worth the 2 2's. That's not the way negotiations work.

You gotta remember this team was 2-14 last year. That's only 14%. If they improve to 8-8 that takes them to 50% which is a 36% increase in winning percentage over the previous year.

You better believe they were throwing those numbers at the Chiefs and using it to their advantage. I highly doubt the Dorsey/Reid/Hunt are simply striving for 8-8.

They paid what they had to for the player they targeted and feel can take them well beyond 8-8.

Rasputin
05-16-2013, 09:16 PM
I don't know if anybody has said this or not, but everything I'm reading looks like you all seem to think the Chiefs simply said, oh, if we can get to 8-8 that would be awesome! That would be well worth the 2 2's. That's not the way negotiations work.

You gotta remember this team was 2-14 last year. That's only 14%. If they improve to 8-8 that takes them to 50% which is a 36% increase in winning percentage over the previous year.

You better believe they were throwing those numbers at the Chiefs and using it to their advantage. I highly doubt the Dorsey/Reid/Hunt are simply striving for 8-8.

They paid what they had to for the player they targeted and feel can take them well beyond 8-8.

It's not just that and it has been mentioned in this thread that other teams weren't willing to give up more than a 3rd round pick. That is the biggest issue is some of us think we could have got Alex Smith for cheaper compensation had they been patient. The combine wasn't even over and the rumor was Alex Smith to the Chiefs. We didn't get the opportunity to draft a quarterback because of Alex Smith trade.

I'm sad over the deal and upset. I can try to refrain some of my anger toward the deal but these asshole from the 9ers come here and tell me how I should react and like this deal is really pissing me off.

I don't want to like Alex Smith it's that simple. I didn't want him before and I don't want him now but I will root for the Chiefs and if he makes plays for us and we win ball games then I can be happy enough about that. If not then it was all a joke on us with egg in our face but don't say I was fooled.

Ming the Merciless
05-16-2013, 09:52 PM

awesome math skillz, bruh LOLOLOL

http://www.digdang.com/media/images/i_can_count_to_potato_2851.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
05-16-2013, 10:06 PM
so the midgets

Kaepernick
05-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Hmm, I see a common theme for all of the game manager/above average guys who have won it:

Elite defenses.

So, basically the Chiefs' hopes of winning in the playoffs with Alex Smith rest on Andy Reid deviating drastically from his career offensive designs and going instead to a ball-control, Martyball approach, and the defense blossoming into an elite to all-time-great defense under the tutelage of an offensive-minded coach.

Sounds like a winner.

What's the problem then? Cake walk. /sarc

splatbass
05-16-2013, 11:57 PM
I never said I expected those numbers. I'm saying for this trade not to be a massive waste of draft picks (which I believe it is), his production needs to rise to that level, and it needs to get there immediately. The only way this is a good trade is if he becomes a consistent 4000+ yard/25+ TD passer for the next 5 years.

You don't have to give up anything to find a guy who can throw for 3500 yards and 20 TDs. Hell, Jason Campbell's done that. You don't give up multiple 2nds for a guy you expect to ride the running game and defense to wins. At least I hope this front office doesn't (still) think that way. Although I suspect in the end that's exactly what they've done, whether it was their intention or not.

You have unrealistic expectations.

Hammock Parties
05-16-2013, 11:59 PM

You're talking TD percentage.

He would have been good for fifth if he had kept his rate up for the entire year.

That's a big if.

Previous year he was 22nd.

splatbass
05-17-2013, 12:04 AM
It's not just that and it has been mentioned in this thread that other teams weren't willing to give up more than a 3rd round pick. That is the biggest issue is some of us think we could have got Alex Smith for cheaper compensation had they been patient. The combine wasn't even over and the rumor was Alex Smith to the Chiefs. We didn't get the opportunity to draft a quarterback because of Alex Smith trade.

It is funny. When Pioli was here all of you bitched because he took too long to sign free agents and all the good ones were gone. Reid signs the top free agent QB FIRST before anyone else can ( and there were other interested teams) and you bitch. Is there anything that won't make you bitch?

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't call him elite.

He's not consistent enough. Take away a couple of miraculous SB plays and his 2011 season and there's really nothing that's eye popping about him. But I'd definitely put him first in line behind the elite QBs in the league.

I think there are only 4 truly elite QBs in the league right now and thats Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers and Brees.

Bingo. It is a crime to mention Eli and his elite brother in the same breath. Put those Giants defenses behind Peyton and give him Nicks, Cruz and Manningham. Peyton would have had 4 SB rings, not 2.

Eli is Ben Roethlisberger. Great clutch QB who is solidly top 10 but NOT elite.

The 4 you mentioned are the only elite QBs in the NFL, with Flacco is knocking on their door but not their yet and may never be. 6th place is not even close.

Whether Eli is the 6th or 10th best starting NFL QB, it is not even close to Brady, Peyton, Rodgers and Brees.

Now add in Luck, Kapernick, RGIII and Wilson, and 3 years from now I have no clue who the elite QBs in the league will be. I know there is a good chance that both Brady and Manning will be in retirement.

Eli elite? Only if his birth certificate reads Eli Te Manning.

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 12:06 AM
For ****'s sake... I love this logic. Ya know what? Take away barry bonds' hrs and he isn't a home run hitter. Take away all Picasso's paintings and he is shitty artist.

Matt Cassel could have won a super bowl with the Giants defense, Nicks, Cruz and Manningham.

keg in kc
05-17-2013, 12:08 AM
You have unrealistic expectations.Au contraire. My expectations are that he never surpasses either 3500 yards or 20 TD. That would be why I believe multiple 2nd round picks was unwarranted value in return.

RealSNR
05-17-2013, 12:15 AM
so the midgets

went to Arrowhead

BossChief
05-17-2013, 12:15 AM
You're talking TD percentage.

He would have been good for fifth if he had kept his rate up for the entire year.

That's a big if.

Previous year he was 22nd.

You don't sign/trade for a play based on what hes done...you sign him based on what he can do for you in the future.

Last year, he was on pace for 26 tds and 3500 yards and was very accurate.

Those are based on minimal pass attempts.

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 12:24 AM
For ****'s sake... I love this logic. Ya know what? Take away barry bonds' hrs and he isn't a home run hitter. Take away all Picasso's paintings and he is shitty artist.

Here is a perfect example of Eli being more lucky than good.

Not once, but TWICE in the 2011 NFCC game vs. the f49ers, Eli threw boneheaded interceptions perfectly into the waiting hands of 49ers DBs.

The only reason those 2 passes weren't picked off is because the 49ers DBs smashed into each other both times, knocking EASY interceptions out of each others hands.

On 1st and 10, Jacobs with the carry picked up 5 yards. On 2nd and 5, Manning play-faked and decided to throw it away. On 3rd and 5, Manning threw for Hakeem Nicks - Brown and Goldson, both with clear shots at an interception, collided and Brown had to leave the game.

On first down, Manning threw complete to Hynoski in the flat for a gain of 9. On 2nd and 1, Manning went deep for Cruz - Rogers undercut the route for an interception, but Goldson ran into him. On 2nd and 10, Bradshaw took the carry for a 4-yard gain. On 3rd and 6, Manning from the shotgun threw incomplete - 4th down.

Goldson broke up easy interceptions by both of his teammates. Easy. Just asinine throws by Eli.

Pics of the 1st one Eli put right on Brown's fingers before Goldson blew him up.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/files/blog_images/stbrown0124.jpg

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/wp-content/blogs.dir/2277/files/nfc-championship-game/49ers_bw_036_0.jpg

Eli is luckier than any other sumbitch super bowl winning QB in history.

splatbass
05-17-2013, 12:27 AM
Au contraire. My expectations are that he never surpasses either 3500 yards or 20 TD. That would be why I believe multiple 2nd round picks was unwarranted value in return.

No, your expectations for the trade to be worth it. Unrealistic. And unfair to not give him and the team a reasonable amount of time to get things together. Expecting immediate success, when the entire offense is learning a new playbook.

I suppose it will make it easier for you to say "I told you so", which I think is what you are up to.

DRU
05-17-2013, 12:32 AM
We didn't get the opportunity to draft a quarterback because of Alex Smith trade.

We had a perfect opportunity to draft a quarterback in the draft. Unfortunately, just like every other team in the league, they didn't feel it was worth reaching on one and wanted to fill the biggest hole on the team as quickly as possible with a guy many consider was the best available.

If there were obvious super star options at QB like there were last year and this organization had traded for Smith instead of drafting one of them I could understand the hate. That simply wasn't the case, though.

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Wait... Alex Smiths biggest fan just called him a 2011 Prius? LMAO LMAO LMAO

After 8 years in the NFL, Alex is a 2005 Prius.

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 12:46 AM
I can't believe you guys are still argueing-LOL Wow give it a rest already.

Alex Smith threads don't end. They don't even have a half-life.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QfIQW5LNhSU/TK_PVoUOLtI/AAAAAAAAA2g/vK7jaMBGFt0/s320/everready.jpg

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 12:56 AM
Cliff Notes on this Thread!

Alex Smith Sucks! He is the worst QB to ever play the game. Alice is injury prone, can't read defenses, can't throw and was the worst option for the chiefs. The 9ers are smart and will win multiple SB's becasue of the trade and the Chiefs will be doomed for decades.

Alice we hate you, don't want you here and would rather see you die in a fire than throw one pass for us.

Anyone that likes Alex or the trade is a Ballwashing Homer and can die in the same fire.

**** you Andy, **** you Dorsey, **** you Clark, **** you Chiefs and a double **** you Alice Myth!!

Try this for Cliffs Notes.

"The Chiefs got raped in trade for a soon-to-be-cut mediocre QB.

"The Chiefs refuse to draft a franchise QB.

"The Chiefs won't be drafting high next year.

"The Chiefs have no 2nd round pick next year.

"The Chiefs have no 2nd round pick the year after either.

"The Chiefs are not going to the playoffs this year.

"The Chiefs will never win a super bowl with Alex Smith."

How is that for Cliffs Notes. Pwned by a ****ing 49ers fan on your own forum.

BossChief
05-17-2013, 12:59 AM
That's unfair to a Prius'.

At least those things can be reliable.

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 01:00 AM
Nuke this thread from orbit

Wouldn't stop it. It would continue unabated in the cold vacuum of space. Alex threads don't die. They are like an infinite loop that warps the space-time continuum.

They just get new titles, but they go on and on and on.

http://www.retrojunkie.com/gif/bunny.gif

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 01:05 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

That is a perfect Alex description in a nutshell.

All of Tom Brady's efficiency with none of his production.

Tom Brady is anxious to make throws into coverage that Alex Smith would not do with a gun to his dear mother's head.

Sorter
05-17-2013, 01:11 AM
Try this for Cliffs Notes.

"The Chiefs got raped in trade for a soon-to-be-cut mediocre QB.

"The Chiefs refuse to draft a franchise QB.

"The Chiefs won't be drafting high next year.

"The Chiefs have no 2nd round pick next year.

"The Chiefs have no 2nd round pick the year after either.

"The Chiefs are not going to the playoffs this year.

"The Chiefs will never win a super bowl with Alex Smith."

How is that for Cliffs Notes. Pwned by a ****ing 49ers fan on your own forum.

Hey now, that's still in play.

keg in kc
05-17-2013, 01:34 AM
No, your expectations for the trade to be worth it. Unrealistic. And unfair to not give him and the team a reasonable amount of time to get things together. Expecting immediate success, when the entire offense is learning a new playbook.

I suppose it will make it easier for you to say "I told you so", which I think is what you are up to.Have you (or has anyone else for that matter) ever heard me say "I told you so" about anything? I've been on this site for how many years now?

Newsflash: I hope I'm wrong. Because things will be much more enjoyable as a fan if he produces to level of the exorbitant trade value we gave up for him.

As far as it being "unfair" and having to "give him and the team a reasonable amount of time to get things together," well, let's look at some other new quarterbacks starting over in new places who've met my "unrealistic" standards for value in the wake of the Alex Smith trade:

Drew Brees, New Orleans, 2006: 4418 yards passing, 26 TD, 11 INT.
Jon Kitna, Detroit, 2006: 4208 yards passing, 21 TD, 22 INT.
Brett Favre, Minnesota, 2009, 4202 yards passing, 33 TD, 7 INT.
Peyton Manning, Denver, 2012: 4659 yards passing, 37 TD, 11 INT.

And here's a few who haven't:
Matt Cassel, KC, 2009: 2924 yards, 16 TD, 16 INT.
Jay Cutler, Chicago, 2009: 3666 yards, 27 TD, 26 INT.
Matt Hasselbeck, Tennessee, 2011: 3571 yards, 18 TD, 14 INT.
Donovan McNabb, Washington, 2010: 3377 yards, 14 TD, 15 INT.
Carson Palmer: Oakland, 2011: 2753 yards, 13 TD, 16 INT.
Chad Pennington, Miami, 2008: 3653 yards, 19 TD, 7 INT.

So, basically, you're telling me I should be satisfied if trading a pair of 2nd rounders nets us the performance from the guys in that second group, that it's "okay" if Alex Smith just ends up being another bust trade like Carson Palmer or Jay Cutler. That it's too much to hope for Alex Smith to perform like Favre or Manning or Brees or even the mighty Jon Kitna?

If that's the case, then why trade 2nd round picks for him?

splatbass
05-17-2013, 03:09 AM
Have you (or has anyone else for that matter) ever heard me say "I told you so" about anything? I've been on this site for how many years now?

Newsflash: I hope I'm wrong. Because things will be much more enjoyable as a fan if he produces to level of the exorbitant trade value we gave up for him.

As far as it being "unfair" and having to "give him and the team a reasonable amount of time to get things together," well, let's look at some other new quarterbacks starting over in new places who've met my "unrealistic" standards for value in the wake of the Alex Smith trade:

Brett Favre, Minnesota, 2009, 4202 yards passing, 33 TD, 7 INT.

And here's a few who haven't:
Matt Cassel, KC, 2009: 2924 yards, 16 TD, 16 INT.

So, basically, you're telling me I should be satisfied if trading a pair of 2nd rounders nets us the performance from the guys in that second group, that it's "okay" if Alex Smith just ends up being another bust trade like Carson Palmer or Jay Cutler. That it's too much to hope for Alex Smith to perform like Favre or Manning or Brees or even the mighty Jon Kitna?

That is NOT what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that we should expect some rough edges early in the season, with him getting better as the season goes on. If by the end of the season he is still playing like the second group you will have a point, but not immediately from the beginning as you claim. To call him a failure if he doesn't perform like the first group from the beginning is unreasonable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-17-2013, 04:28 AM
That is NOT what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that we should expect some rough edges early in the season, with him getting better as the season goes on. If by the end of the season he is still playing like the second group you will have a point, but not immediately from the beginning as you claim. To call him a failure if he doesn't perform like the first group from the beginning is unreasonable.

But...but...but...Keg just waxed your board, brah.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
05-17-2013, 04:29 AM
I hope somebody asks Andy if they're going to use sight adjusts.

patteeu
05-17-2013, 05:47 AM
yep.

I blame the niners fans...
Posted via Mobile Device

One side of that was going on long before the niner fans showed up. And if anyone is clearly in that middle ground, it's the guy formerly known as Alex Smith Fan.

Sandy Vagina
05-17-2013, 06:20 AM
.... and if you guys feel better about blaming me, knock yourselves out.. but there was deep misery and butt-hurtedness from you long before I got here. I wasn't even gonna register here, but the crying and despair was so intense that I wanted to try and alleviate some of that pain.

Haha, ooops...

SAUTO
05-17-2013, 06:40 AM
It is funny. When Pioli was here all of you bitched because he took too long to sign free agents and all the good ones were gone. Reid signs the top free agent QB FIRST before anyone else can ( and there were other interested teams) and you bitch. Is there anything that won't make you bitch?
This post is just totally wrong.

Unless you are talking about bray.

Smith was not a free agent, we didn't sign him to anything. He already had a contract
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
05-17-2013, 06:43 AM
One side of that was going on long before the niner fans showed up. And if anyone is clearly in that middle ground, it's the guy formerly known as Alex Smith Fan.
Bullshit. The niners fans showed up the day it was rumored he was coming.

And Alex Smith fan is delusional
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2013, 06:59 AM
.... and if you guys feel better about blaming me, knock yourselves out.. but there was deep misery and butt-hurtedness from you long before I got here. I wasn't even gonna register here, but the crying and despair was so intense that I wanted to try and alleviate some of that pain.

Haha, ooops...

Damn, I called that one didn't I? You came to educate and had the tables turned LMAO

Sandy Vagina
05-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Damn, I called that one didn't I? You came to educate and had the tables turned LMAO

No. What I got was a bunch of people that simply didn't want to take my hand as I tried to steer them away from the ledge. Problem now is, they just stand up on that ledge every day... won't jump. Why won't they just jump? :(

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2013, 07:21 AM
No. What I got was a bunch of people that simply didn't want to take my hand as I tried to steer them away from the ledge. Problem now is, they just stand up on that ledge every day... won't jump. Why won't they just jump? :(

What you got was educated by posters that presented you facts that contradicted your "eye test" evaluations. Then you became ass hurt and started to move towards this “Anti negative fan shtick” while trying to pretend to be "above everyone else".

SAUTO
05-17-2013, 07:22 AM
My dad actually taught me that when a weird man trys to hold my hand run and get him so he can fuck that dude up...
Posted via Mobile Device

duncan_idaho
05-17-2013, 07:30 AM
It is funny. When ***** was here all of you bitched because he took too long to sign free agents and all the good ones were gone. Reid signs the top free agent QB FIRST before anyone else can ( and there were other interested teams) and you bitch. Is there anything that won't make you bitch?

If Alex Smith was a FA signing, no one would bitch (though people might still be concerned about the org tying its long-term future to him). Or at least I wouldn't. Hell, I wouldn't bitch if they just had given up less to get him.

But he's not. They gave up TWO high picks for him, picks that limited their draft flexibility and options in TWO drafts and made it less likely they try or are in position to try taking a guy who can be a franchise QB, with the skills to be an elite or near-elite guy.

BossChief
05-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Have you (or has anyone else for that matter) ever heard me say "I told you so" about anything? I've been on this site for how many years now?

Brett Favre, Minnesota, 2009, 4202 yards I

Matt Cassel,

So, basically, you're telling me I should be satisfied if trading a pair of 2nd rounders nets us the performance from the guys in that second group, that it's "okay" if Alex Smith just ends up being another bust trade like Carson Palmer or Jay Cutler. That it's too much to hope for Alex Smith to perform like Favre
or Manning or Brees or even the mighty Jon Kitna?

Chad Pennington in 2008 was pretty good.

Won 11 games with the team that had the top pick in the draft.

If we get that kind of year out of Alex, things will be looking up.

jd1020
05-17-2013, 07:40 AM

How long did that Dolphin's ride last?

I believe it was only 1 year, yes? How'd they fair in the playoffs? Bounced in the wildcard game 27-9? Then back to 7-9 and 3rd in the division since.

Where's that top pick they selected now?

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 07:44 AM

Then didn't Chad Pennington start missing games due to injury? So just how long is Alex Myth going be our quarterback?

BossChief
05-17-2013, 07:45 AM
He got hurt the next year iirc.

jd1020
05-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Then didn't Chad Pennington start missing games due to injury? So just how long is Alex Myth going be our quarterback?

No more than 2 years... :grovel:

Let go Bray! Shock the world!

BossChief
05-17-2013, 07:48 AM

Barring injury, I think be gets 24 games to show he can lead this team to similar success SF had with him the last 2 seasons.

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 07:51 AM
He got hurt the next year iirc.

That is the exact point I'm making. In order for this trade to be successful then Alex Smith needs to be healthy and on the field for the next 5 to 10 years with playoff wins under his belt if not winning the Super Bowl.

This is a throw away year even though the talent is there to win now. Most of it is going be on the production of the quarterback and if he can stay on the field 16 games and for the playoff if we get so lucky.

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Chiefs average starting quarterback for the last 40 years is 2.5 seasons with Trent Green being the longest seasoned QB with 5 years.

That's what we get with retreads. We don't get growth as a team or franchise to be contenders year after year.

patteeu
05-17-2013, 07:58 AM
What a tragedy it is that we're missing out on drafting the next Mike Cloud, Turk McBride, Junior Saivii, or Kawika Mitchell.

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2013, 08:02 AM
What a tragedy it is that we're missing out on drafting the next Mike Cloud, Turk McBride, Junior Saivii, or Kawika Mitchell.

Or the next Kaepernick.

Also Mitchell was a starting LB on a dominant SB winning Giants defense.

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 08:02 AM

I'm sorry patteeu but this it is the coward way to think. This is exactly what Carl Peterson has put in the fanbaselines head all these years.

patteeu
05-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Or the next Kaepernick.

Also Mitchell was a starting LB on a dominant SB winning Giants defense.

I included Mitchell to be fair. He was a starter, but no one is going to mistake him for a star. Brandon Flowers was a 2nd rounder too, iirc, so it's clearly possible to get star-quality players in the second round. But the people wringing their hands over the compensation we gave up for Alex Smith aren't recognizing the miss rate on those picks.

The bottom line is that if Alex Smith pans out, the compensation was cheap. If he doesn't, he wouldn't have been worth even a single second day pick.

duncan_idaho
05-17-2013, 08:16 AM

So because the Chiefs' brain trust of the past has been shitty at drafting in Round 2, every other team in the NFL is shitty at drafting in Round 2?

Got it.

And second round picks are never used to move up in the draft to get a much-wanted player, right (no matter the position)?

It's not just the picks. It's ALL the options that are closed without them.

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2013, 08:18 AM
I included Mitchell to be fair. He was a starter, but no one is going to mistake him for a star. Brandon Flowers was a 2nd rounder too, iirc, so it's clearly possible to get star-quality players in the second round. But the people wringing their hands over the compensation we gave up for Alex Smith aren't recognizing the miss rate on those picks.

The bottom line is that if Alex Smith pans out, the compensation was cheap. If he doesn't, he wouldn't have been worth even a single second day pick.

I think my biggest beef is those picks could be used as ammo if we want to move up in the 1st next year for our QBOTF, more so than the players we lose at those picks.

We should have just offered up the 2nd this year and if they get a better offer just go get Kolb as a stop gap for a 5th. There is little difference between Kolb and Alice and Kolb knows Reids system.

Saccopoo
05-17-2013, 08:33 AM
I think my biggest beef is those picks could be used as ammo if we want to move up in the 1st next year for our QBOTF, more so than the players we lose at those picks.

We should have just offered up the 2nd this year and if they get a better offer just go get Kolb as a stop gap for a 5th. There is little difference between Kolb and Alice and Kolb knows Reids system.

Next years QB class is substandard. The 2013's class is/was substantially better at the same point.

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Next years QB class is substandard. The 2013's class is/was substantially better at the same point.

Shit changes. RG3 and Tannehill were after thoughts at one point. I'm pretty sure Ryan and Flacco were as well the year before they came out.

The class could suck, but I'd rather punt on the QB position another year than do what they did.

Coogs
05-17-2013, 09:14 AM
This is a throw away year even though the talent is there to win now.

I'm just not willing to concede the season sight unseen.

Maybe I am a homer. :shrug:

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm just not willing to concede the season sight unseen.

Maybe I am a homer. :shrug:

I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than have expectations squashed and heart step on another year.

Sandy Vagina
05-17-2013, 09:27 AM
I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than have expectations squashed and heart step on another year.

No way to say this without it seeming an insult... it isn't really meaning to.. but THAT is the cowardly mindset. You have to throw yourself into most things in life, and be willing to accept the potential disappointment that may follow.

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 09:31 AM
No way to say this without it seeming an insult... it isn't really meaning to.. but THAT is the cowardly mindset. You have to throw yourself into most things in life, and be willing to accept the potential disappointment that may follow.

SHUT THE FUCK UP. IM NOT THE COWARD WHO PASSES ON PROSPECT QUARTERBACKS IN THE DRAFT.

FUCK OFF NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE.

patteeu
05-17-2013, 09:41 AM
So because the Chiefs' brain trust of the past has been shitty at drafting in Round 2, every other team in the NFL is shitty at drafting in Round 2?

Got it.

And second round picks are never used to move up in the draft to get a much-wanted player, right (no matter the position)?

It's not just the picks. It's ALL the options that are closed without them.

No, it's the entire NFL. I just used the Chiefs' picks as recognizable examples. It's ok that you don't like the choice of Alex Smith, but your concern over the price paid for him, as if that's your main point of contention, is nonsense.

Tiger's Fan
05-17-2013, 09:45 AM

You niner fans have NO idea of this franchises QB acquisition method. We, the fanbase, have seen the same method used for decades now, while your franchise drafts QB's with regularity. Don't try shoveling your shit around here after the niners drafted a bust at 1.1, acknowledge the mistake and draft another to take his place, then pawn said trash off on us.

You know not of what you speak, so you basically offer nothing in way of opinion here. What you're doing is trolling, and not very well. There are enough so called Chiefs fans here trolling as it is. And the ones that aren't intentionally trolling are just fucking stupid. Maybe you can turn them into niner fans and take them with you. They don't seem to be too interested in the Chiefs winning Super Bowls any time soon anyway.

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2013, 09:49 AM
No, it's the entire NFL. I just used the Chiefs' picks as recognizable examples. It's ok that you don't like the choice of Alex Smith, but your concern over the price paid for him, as if that's your main point of contention, is nonsense.

No, it's not nonsense and I pointed out why.

patteeu
05-17-2013, 09:50 AM

Your real problem seems to be with Andy Reid. If Reid saw little difference between Kolb and Alex Smith, Kolb would be in Kansas City now. Either you or the guy who coached Kolb is wrong. No offense, but my confidence is in Kolb's former coach.

Sandy Vagina
05-17-2013, 09:55 AM
SHUT THE **** UP. IM NOT THE COWARD WHO PASSES ON PROSPECT QUARTERBACKS IN THE DRAFT.

**** OFF NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE.

You niner fans have NO idea of this franchises QB acquisition method. We, the fanbase, have seen the same method used for decades now, while your franchise drafts QB's with regularity. Don't try shoveling your shit around here after the niners drafted a bust at 1.1, acknowledge the mistake and draft another to take his place, then pawn said trash off on us.

You know not of what you speak, so you basically offer nothing in way of opinion here. What you're doing is trolling, and not very well. There are enough so called Chiefs fans here trolling as it is. And the ones that aren't intentionally trolling are just ****ing stupid. Maybe you can turn them into niner fans and take them with you. They don't seem to be too interested in the Chiefs winning Super Bowls any time soon anyway.

I am offering opinions. They just don't happen to be opinions that you and several others wish to read. I really am not intending on being a troll. I am willing to have civil discussion with anyone and offer up my opinions. I just don't respond well to people being nasty and miserable... so they get what they give.

Deep down, any fan of any team that lowers expectations based on fear of potential disappointment really needs to think more on that. Deep down, I think most will admit (at least to themselves) that this mentality IS the coward's way out. This is true for more than just some team sport.

That's just my opinion... and no, I don't feel rejection when people can't take that to heart and can only respond with defensive hostility.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Coogs
05-17-2013, 09:56 AM

Don't get me wrong. I am not penciling us in for a Super Bowl run and anything less than that is unacceptable. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised in that regard too. I'm just not going to concede the season before I see us play.

duncan_idaho
05-17-2013, 09:59 AM

You want to talk about nonsense? Pooh-poohing the value of second-round picks because the failure rate is not insignificant. Yeah, a lot of second-round picks fail. A higher percentage than first-round picks. But a lot succeed, too. You still have a better chance of acquiring good NFL players at that spot than you do lower in the draft.

They have value. Both in the players they can be used to acquire directly and in the flexibility they provide in moving up and down the draft.

My main point of contention is and always has been what they're giving up for him, and what doors it closes.

Anyway, peace out. As someone said, arguing with a DC Lounge-denizen is pointless. Enjoy Ignore Land with Prison Bitch and CoMOChief. Fine company you find yourself in, sir!

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Your real problem seems to be with Andy Reid. If Reid saw little difference between Kolb and Alex Smith, Kolb would be in Kansas City now. Either you or the guy who coached Kolb is wrong. No offense, but my confidence is in Kolb's former coach.

It's hard to say. Likely the Smith trade was already in place before Kolb and Arizona couldn't reach an agreement and he got released. Or perhaps Andy just wanted to try a different shiny toy.

I really don't expect Alice to have a better season than Kolb this year. Do you?

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 10:00 AM
I am offering opinions. They just don't happen to be opinions that you and several others wish to read. I really am not intending on being a troll. I am willing to have civil discussion with anyone and offer up my opinions. I just don't respond well to people being nasty and miserable... so they get what they give.

Deep down, any fan of any team that lowers expectations based on fear of potential disappointment really needs to think more on that. Deep down, I think most will admit (at least to themselves) that this mentality IS the coward's way out. This is true for more than just some team sport.

That's just my opinion... and no, I don't feel rejection when people can't take that to heart and can only respond with defensive hostility.

GO CHIEFS!!!

You are so full of shit. You have no clue to what you are talking about. Mods should change your name to ASSMACNINERCHIEFFAN as you talk out your ass.

We watch every game every play of the Chiefs. We want to see success but sit through and watch shitty quarterbacks come and go year after year. Why should we build up expectations that this year is different just for Alex Smith? Hmmm?

Is it brave to mindlessly stick your hand in a snake cage and hope not to get bit?

duncan_idaho
05-17-2013, 10:05 AM

GO CHIEFS!!!

What you fail to understand is that those of us skeptical the "other team's QB garbage" routine will work THIS time is that we have seen it fail multiple times. 3 good years from Trent Green and 1.5 good years from Joe Montana don't exactly make up for the 35 other years in which this method has failed (to result in real playoff success).

It's not retreating due to fear of disappointment. It's refusal to be fooled again. Insisting that we be shown it will work THIS time, that THIS time IS different. It's telling Lucy to f*** off and play with that football by herself.

It's realizing that Albert Einstein was right when he said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2013, 10:05 AM

GO CHIEFS!!!

What about fans that have low expectations because their team traded for a proven shitty QB?

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 10:08 AM
What you fail to understand is that those of us skeptical the "other team's QB garbage" routine will work THIS time is that we have seen it fail multiple times. 3 good years from Trent Green and 1.5 good years from Joe Montana don't exactly make up for the 35 other years in which this method has failed (to result in real playoff success).

It's not retreating due to fear of disappointment. It's refusal to be fooled again. Insisting that we be shown it will work THIS time, that THIS time IS different. It's telling Lucy to f*** off and play with that football by herself.

It's realizing that Albert Einstein was right when he said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

BINGO

BINGO!!!!!

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy Vagina
05-17-2013, 10:13 AM
It's refusal to be fooled again.

Don't you see that to be weak... as a fan?

Think about it in another way. Fred has a girlfriend/wife he loves and adores. She breaks his heart by cheating on him and leaving him for his best friend. Fred mourns for years and each year, swears that he will never love and trust again.

Fred keeps his vow. Fred is now 90 years old... alone... and still miserable.

Tiger's Fan
05-17-2013, 10:15 AM

Think about it in another way. Fred has a girlfriend/wife he loves and adores. She breaks his heart by cheating on him and leaving him for his best friend. Fred mourns for years and each year, swears that he will never love and trust again.

Did Fred have 15 women cheat on him?

You're an idiot with no understanding of the situation. Keep bangin that drum though, if it makes you feel better.

patteeu
05-17-2013, 10:17 AM
You want to talk about nonsense? Pooh-poohing the value of second-round picks because the failure rate is not insignificant. Yeah, a lot of second-round picks fail. A higher percentage than first-round picks. But a lot succeed, too. You still have a better chance of acquiring good NFL players at that spot than you do lower in the draft.

They have value. Both in the players they can be used to acquire directly and in the flexibility they provide in moving up and down the draft.

My main point of contention is and always has been what they're giving up for him, and what doors it closes.

Anyway, peace out. As someone said, arguing with a DC Lounge-denizen is pointless. Enjoy Ignore Land with Prison Bitch and CoMOChief. Fine company you find yourself in, sir!

Yes, of course second round picks have some value. Not as much value as a franchise QB though and that's clearly what Reid/Dorsey think they're getting here. I wish you the best in your retreat from the stress of conflict. Take care.

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Don't get me wrong. I am not penciling us in for a Super Bowl run and anything less than that is unacceptable. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised in that regard too. I'm just not going to concede the season before I see us play.

I'm looking forward to watching several of the Chiefs players so I'm not conceding the season yet just not building expectations for playoff victories just yet. They have a lot to prove and I want to see them prove it to me early on.

patteeu
05-17-2013, 10:21 AM
It's hard to say. Likely the Smith trade was already in place before Kolb and Arizona couldn't reach an agreement and he got released. Or perhaps Andy just wanted to try a different shiny toy.

I really don't expect Alice to have a better season than Kolb this year. Do you?

Yes. I do.

I also think that with two 2nd round picks to spend that Andy Reid could have easily had Kolb if he wanted him.

duncan_idaho
05-17-2013, 10:22 AM

First: Your scenario is not the same situation. Here's the same situation: Fred has a girl he loves and adores, and she breaks his heart by cheating on him, but he forgives her and takes her back and loves and adores her again. Rinse and repeat several times. Fred still takes her back, but THIS time he needs to see her be faithful to believe she will be faithful. He still loves and adores her, but he is skeptical she will keep her legs closed.

That would be the same scenario.

Second: No, it's not "weak." It's being logical and objective and rejecting blind faith. Being a homer is not a sign of "strength" as a fan. It's just a sign that you're a homer.

Homers are fine. Lots of fans are homers. Fanbases need them.

But I'm not going to apologize for not being one of them, and I doubt any non-homer would.

Sandy Vagina
05-17-2013, 10:24 AM
First: Your scenario is not the same situation. Here's the same situation: Fred has a girl he loves and adores, and she breaks his heart by cheating on him, but he forgives her and takes her back and loves and adores her again. Rinse and repeat several times. Fred still takes her back, but THIS time he needs to see her be faithful to believe she will be faithful. He still loves and adores her, but he is skeptical she will keep her legs closed.

Second: No, it's not "weak." It's being logical and objective and rejecting blind faith. Being a homer is not a sign of "strength" as a fan. It's just a sign that you're a homer.

But I'm not going to apologize for not being one of them, and I doubt any non-homer would.

That's pretty good... pretty good. I'll let that sink in a bit.

SAUTO
05-17-2013, 10:26 AM

Refusal to be fooled is in no way the same as mourning.

We still watch and hope and cheer the good plays.

Fred didn't try anymore
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
05-17-2013, 10:27 AM

This. Good post
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
05-17-2013, 10:29 AM
That's pretty good... pretty good. I'll let that sink in a bit.

His analogy is flawed too. Instead of the same woman cheating and breaking his heart each time, it's a series of several girls. If it really was the same girl, the guy might be justified by giving up on that one girl, but since it's a different girl each time and since we know there are quite a few great girls out there, it's self-inflicted misery to give up on girls altogether.

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 10:30 AM

Weak because we disagree with the decision of the quarterback from this new regime? We may be disgruntled Chiefs fans but we are not weak.

And who are you to judge Fred?

saphojunkie
05-17-2013, 10:41 AM
I had this discussion with a friend. He asked if we'd break .500, and I said I thought we would be above .500 but miss the playoffs.

He replied "always the optimist. Is Cassel really worth 6-7 losses and Romeo worth 2-3 losses?"

Hmm, I thought.

Yes.

Yes, they are. Cassel had 6 touchdowns and 21 turnovers in NINE GAMES. How hard do you think the defense was playing when they would force a punt, then Cassel turns the ball over on his own 15 yard line?

I think that Alex Smith is going to make an insane difference in this team's ability to compete on both sides of the ball. It isn't that I am optimistic about Alex Smith - it's that I concretely believe that we have watched a guy not talented enough to be a starting BCS QB try to play professionally for four years.

When we have just a legitimate - not a great, not outstanding... legitimate - QB under center, this team is going to be unrecognizable from the dumpster fire we have watched since ***** took over.

Sandy Vagina
05-17-2013, 10:41 AM
His analogy is flawed too. Instead of the same woman cheating and breaking his heart each time, it's a series of several girls. If it really was the same girl, the guy might be justified by giving up on that one girl, but since it's a different girl each time and since we know there are quite a few great girls out there, it's self-inflicted misery to give up on girls altogether.

Cool! I knew my first premise was right, but needed someone smarter than I to break it down for me. :)

Sandy Vagina
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM
And who are you to judge Fred?

Who are any of us to be as opinionated as we are?

mcaj22
05-17-2013, 10:44 AM
I had this discussion with a friend. He asked if we'd break .500, and I said I thought we would be above .500 but miss the playoffs.

He replied "always the optimist. Is Cassel really worth 6-7 losses and Romeo worth 2-3 losses?"

Hmm, I thought.

Yes.

Yes, they are. Cassel had 6 touchdowns and 21 turnovers in NINE GAMES. How hard do you think the defense was playing when they would force a punt, then Cassel turns the ball over on his own 15 yard line?

I think that Alex Smith is going to make an insane difference in this team's ability to compete on both sides of the ball. It isn't that I am optimistic about Alex Smith - it's that I concretely believe that we have watched a guy not talented enough to be a starting BCS QB try to play professionally for four years.

When we have just a legitimate - not a great, not outstanding... legitimate - QB under center, this team is going to be unrecognizable from the dumpster fire we have watched since ***** took over.

so an 8 year rebuild from the Herm era

4 year rebuild post Herms 2008 picks
4 more years to rebuild those 4 years

8 years of wasting Herms talent evaluation

Bang up job Chiefs football

Sandy Vagina
05-17-2013, 10:44 AM

Hmm, I thought.

Yes.

awesome attitude! :thumb:

ptlyon
05-17-2013, 10:47 AM
awesome attitude! :thumb:

Stupid. But awesome!

duncan_idaho
05-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Cool! I knew my first premise was right, but needed someone smarter than I to break it down for me. :)

No, still wrong.

Girl=Chiefs (object of love/affection)
Cheating=trying to win with other team's QB garbage (object exhibiting the same behavior over and over again)

patt's example makes the girl the Chiefs QB.

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 10:49 AM

They are all slut whores. We never get to break in our own virgin to begin with. We don't get to pop her cherry and make her blossom into what we want and get a long term relationship with.

What we get with these skanks is it's a wham bam thank you mam and on to the next slut whore that you don't get any satisfaction from because of her gaping wide used vagina.

SAUTO
05-17-2013, 10:51 AM

Its not right
Posted via Mobile Device

duncan_idaho
05-17-2013, 10:52 AM

Hmm, I thought.

Yes.

I won't argue that this team will be improved. It will. Alex Smith is a middle-of-the-pack QB rather than one of the 2-3 worst starting QBs.

This team is more talented and has more competent coaching. It will win more than 2 games unless injuries ravage the roster, and even then probably still win more than 2.

No problem recognizing that. Doesn't mean that this team has what it takes to bring KC playoff success this year (or has the upside to do that in the fuure).

Rasputin
05-17-2013, 11:00 AM
I won't argue that this team will be improved. It will. Alex Smith is a middle-of-the-pack QB rather than one of the 2-3 worst starting QBs.

This team is more talented and has more competent coaching. It will win more than 2 games unless injuries ravage the roster, and even then probably still win more than 2.

No problem recognizing that. Doesn't mean that this team has what it takes to bring KC playoff success this year (or has the upside to do that in the fuure).

Right. So other words we are going be average or another word mediocre

But we won't be losers damn it!!

**True Fan Gif.**

saphojunkie
05-17-2013, 12:10 PM

No, absolutely they don't have what it takes this year. But, while I disagreed with the Alex Smith trade, I understand why they did it. It was the front office's version of the "playoffs?!" rant. There are a lot of people around here who don't want to see the Chiefs try to field a competitive team unless they are a super bowl contender with a first overall QB selection at the helm.

It's just unrealistic.

Right. So other words we are going be average or another word mediocre

But we won't be losers damn it!!

**True Fan Gif.**
Case in point. Dude is saying he'd rather lose lose lose than win any games without hope of a super bowl victory. Nobody goes from first overall to super bowl winner, dude. You have to actually BUILD in order to rebuild. Fuck me, it's nonsense around here these days.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-17-2013, 12:12 PM
JFC It's still going

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 01:36 PM

Hmm, I thought.

Yes.

Accurate observation. :thumb:

This is what you have in Alex. He is a solid middle tier starting QB with some remarkable strengths, limited to mid-tier production by fatal weaknesses.

He is a damn good QB. I have no clue how good/bad Cassel was, but Alex is a jump up from Kolb or Sanchez. I would take Alex over Cutler or Romocoaster.

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 01:46 PM
JFC It's still going

Alex Smith threads never die. They will out last Rock and Roll.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TlEWkMtP6XQ/UVMlbXiEbBI/AAAAAAAABeQ/al1QUa2Lxc4/s1600/url-2.jpeg

Lex Luthor
05-17-2013, 01:55 PM
JFC It's still going
I know. It's amazing how long some people will argue over the same topic.

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2013, 02:10 PM
I would take Alex over Cutler or Romocoaster.

:facepalm:

RealSNR
05-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Alex Smith threads never die. They will out last Rock and Roll.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TlEWkMtP6XQ/UVMlbXiEbBI/AAAAAAAABeQ/al1QUa2Lxc4/s1600/url-2.jpeg

Why is "going" unnecessarily capitalized?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-17-2013, 02:57 PM

You know what, pal? How's about you and Fred go fuck each other.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-17-2013, 03:06 PM
I really don't understand how many times it has to be explained, or how much more empirical evidence must be put in some people's faces. You would think the overall "success" rate of this franchise would do the debating for itself. But not at Lil' Chiefy junction in herp-a-derpaville. The Train of Truth just goes roaring by, smashing the ever living piss out the '87 Hyundai's, herpilly parked on the tracks, that ARE Chiefs True Fans. Pure fucking dumbassed insanity, these folk.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
05-17-2013, 03:13 PM

Trading for another team's backup as your starting QB = being in love with your girlfriend/wife

Riiiiiiiiggght... the two things are SO alike! I remember my wedding day. I thought to myself back then, "I can't remember the last time I was this happy... wait, yes I do. It was when the Chiefs traded for Elvis Grbac!"

keg in kc
05-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Nobody ever swears they'll never love and trust again. At least not outside of YA novels.

Where do you guys come up with this crap?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Trading for another team's backup as your starting QB = being in love with your girlfriend/wife

Riiiiiiiiggght... the two things are SO alike! I remember my wedding day. I thought to myself back then, "I can't remember the last time I was this happy... wait, yes I do. It was when the Chiefs traded for Elvis Grbac!"

ROFL mac-niners is such a useless cunt. He's like 'Fraiser' without the humor.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
05-17-2013, 03:40 PM
ROFL mac-niners is such a useless cunt. He's like 'Fraiser' without the humor.
Posted via Mobile Device

What do you expect he knows more than us, because Alex Smith is taking the Chiefs to the promiseland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Mav
05-17-2013, 04:06 PM
this thread lives because their aint shit else to talk about.

Alex Smith is the most polarizing figure that I have ever seen outside of tim Tebow.

Jasons Auto, man, I thought we were getting along, and now Im delusional. shessh.

Patteau. thank you for the kind words, but really, im not worth the flaming. Honestly. I have tried to be as fair about alex smith as humanly possible. But again, thank you.

KCTATTOO- Dude like me or hate me, your passion about the shit is hilarious. Like seriously, one of my favorite posters here..

Kaepernick- How about we just bury the old hatchet?

And to anyone else I missed or offended, I do apologize.

Cant wait for football season.

SAUTO
05-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Oh, we will get along just fine as long as you realize you are delusional
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
05-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Oh, we will get along just fine as long as you realize you are delusional
Posted via Mobile Device

to a degree, all football fans are delusional.......,.

keg in kc
05-17-2013, 04:09 PM
I think I have a better allegory:

Fred has a girlfriend he loves and adores. She breaks his heart by cheating on him and leaving him for his best friend. Fred mourns for a few weeks and then decides to jump right back on the saddle.

Fred finds a new girlfriend that's like a photocopy of his old girlfriend. He loves and adores her. She breaks his heart by cheating on him and leaving him for his best friend. Fred mourns for a few weeks and then decides to jump right back on the saddle.

Fred finds a new new girlfriend that's like a photocopy of his old old girlfriend. He loves and adores her. She breaks his heart by cheating on him and leaving him for his best friend. Fred mourns for a few weeks and then decides to jump right back on the saddle.

Fred keeps doing this over and over. Fred is now 90 years old... alone... and wonders why he kept picking the same woman over and over instead of learning from his mistakes and breaking the pattern. Although his best friend thanks him daily for it.

SAUTO
05-17-2013, 04:10 PM
to a degree, all football fans are delusional.......,.

another delusional post
Posted via Mobile Device

Sandy Vagina
05-17-2013, 04:10 PM
After a good cry over all the mean things said about me... I am back and happy as ever!

GO CHIEFS !!!!

Tribal Warfare
05-17-2013, 04:14 PM
this thread lives because their aint shit else to talk about.

Alex Smith is the most polarizing figure that I have ever seen outside of tim Tebow.

LOL, you weren't around during the Matt Cassel debate.

patteeu
05-17-2013, 04:18 PM

Fred has a girlfriend he loves and adores. She breaks his heart by cheating on him and leaving him for his best friend. Fred mourns for a few weeks and then decides to jump right back on the saddle.

Fred finds a new girlfriend that's like a photocopy of his old girlfriend. He loves and adores her. She breaks his heart by cheating on him and leaving him for his best friend. Fred mourns for a few weeks and then decides to jump right back on the saddle.

Fred finds a new new girlfriend that's like a photocopy of his old old girlfriend. He loves and adores her. She breaks his heart by cheating on him and leaving him for his best friend. Fred mourns for a few weeks and then decides to jump right back on the saddle.

Fred keeps doing this over and over. Fred is now 90 years old... alone... and wonders why he kept picking the same woman over and over instead of learning from his mistakes and breaking the pattern. Although his best friend thanks him daily for it.

Do you think Elvis Grbac or Matt Cassel were photocopies of Joe Montana?

keg in kc
05-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Do you think Elvis Grbac or Matt Cassel were photocopies of Joe Montana?That's a bizarre question.

And no, Montana actually goes against the trend. He was a hall-of-fame starter in the twilight of his career coming off injuries, rather than a never-was backup, and was traded (at his request as I recall) to avoid a controversy/team rift with Steve Young. A better exception to use would have been Trent Green.

patteeu
05-17-2013, 04:37 PM
That's a bizarre question.

And no, Montana actually goes against the trend. He was a hall-of-fame starter in the twilight of his career coming off injuries, rather than a never-was backup, and was traded (at his request as I recall) to avoid a controversy/team rift with Steve Young. A better exception to use would have been Trent Green.

That's a good exception too, but Joe Montana was fine. Either one of them show that the "photocopy" part of your analogy is bogus. If you want to argue that your analogy is designed around including Montana then it's not much of an analogy, IMO.

Messier
05-17-2013, 05:26 PM

Yeah, its a good analogy for those that think, Alex Smith = Matt Cassel. I think Cassel is a back up, would be a backup for every team in the NFL. Smith should and would start for 10-12 teams right now, including the Vikings. He'd be their best QB right now.

Many here aren't even interested in realistic projections for the rookie QBs, they just want one for the possibility and the unknown factor. If that's so, Bray is everything you'd want. He has upside potential, as much as any in this draft. So, the Chiefs get the best QB on the market, and a rookie with potential. What's wrong?

Pasta Little Brioni
05-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Then the midgets

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 05:47 PM
:facepalm:

Cutler and Romo are both inconsisent.

Alex Smith won't win you a game like Cutler or Romo can.

Alex Smith won't lose you games either, like Cutler and Romo can.

When the game seems to be going nowhere midway through the 3rd quarter, Alex just keeps plugging away diligently, giving his Defense and rushing attack the chance to make plays and win games. He doesn't panic and try to do too much. True he is no Brady or Rodgers, stepping up and taking the appropriate risk at the appropriate time. But the one silver lining is that he won't press and throw away the a game that seems to be going nowhere, but his rushing game eventually wears down the opposing D.

I've seen Cutler and Romo flat throw games away. I would take Alex Smith over Jay Cutler or Tony Romo-coaster.

All 3 hurt their teams, just in different way. Alex is too cautious. Cutler and Romo are too inconsistent. Neither one steps up in the clutch.

I didn't say I would take Schaub or Ryan or Stafford or Bradford over Alex. Just Cutler and Romo.

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Cutler and Romo are both inconsisent.

Alex Smith won't win you a game like Cutler or Romo can.

Alex Smith won't lose you games either, like Cutler and Romo can.

When the game seems to be going nowhere midway through the 3rd quarter, Alex just keeps plugging away diligently, giving his Defense and rushing attack the chance to make plays and win games. He doesn't panic and try to do too much. True he is no Brady or Rodgers, stepping up and taking the appropriate risk at the appropriate time. But the one silver lining is that he won't press and throw away the a game that seems to be going nowhere, but his rushing game eventually wears down the opposing D.

I've seen Cutler and Romo flat throw games away. I would take Alex Smith over Jay Cutler or Tony Romo-coaster.

All 3 hurt their teams, just in different way. Alex is too cautious. Cutler and Romo are too inconsistent. Neither one steps up in the clutch.

I didn't say I would take Schaub or Ryan or Stafford or Bradford over Alex. Just Cutler and Romo.

Your knock on Romo is what keeps him out of the elite group like Brees and Brady just like it keeps Favre from Montana, but it in no way shape or from drags him down to the level of Alice Smith. Look at these career numbers man. This really shouldn't even be a discussion. It's like comparing Michael Jordan to Scotty Pippen.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5209/tony-romo

Pasta Little Brioni
05-17-2013, 06:16 PM
ate Cap'n D.....reckshuns

Kaepernick
05-17-2013, 06:22 PM
ROFL mac-niners is such a useless ****. He's like 'Fraiser' without the humor.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hands up, all you Chief's fans who like talking to Scientologists and Moonies.

Alexsexuals are the Scientologists of the sports world. They are here to CONVERT YOU into the Cult of Alex Smith. No Jesuit Missionary seeking to save the souls of Injuns ever held more passionate self-righteous zeal than the least among Acolytes of the Cult of Alex Smith.

It is easier to talk a Kirby Vaccum salesman into leaving your home in the mid demonstration.

Think of a 50 lb deer tick with the brain of a American Pit Bull terrier.

Alexsexuals are the Energizer bunnies except powered with miniature nuclear reactors.

Here is the worst part.

You haven't seen anything yet. Wait until the season starts and Alexcuses fill the air. "Andy's not using Alex like Jim", "The weak line is giving up sacks", "the Chiefs pass too much."

Oh, you are in for a very long season indeed. May I recommend,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FqQEHPUq6Zc/SvLapn2iCOI/AAAAAAAALK8/L1lIuvpak1Q/s400/lexapro.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
05-17-2013, 06:34 PM
It is easier to talk a Kirby Vaccum salesman into leaving your home in the mid demonstration

Ok, THAT was funny

RealSNR
05-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Then the midgets

with chainsaws roaring

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Hands up, all you Chief's fans who like talking to Scientologists and Moonies.

Alexsexuals are the Scientologists of the sports world. They are here to CONVERT YOU into the Cult of Alex Smith. No Jesuit Missionary seeking to save the souls of Injuns ever held more passionate self-righteous zeal than the least among Acolytes of the Cult of Alex Smith.

It is easier to talk a Kirby Vaccum salesman into leaving your home in the mid demonstration.

Think of a 50 lb deer tick with the brain of a American Pit Bull terrier.

Alexsexuals are the Energizer bunnies except powered with miniature nuclear reactors.

Here is the worst part.

You haven't seen anything yet. Wait until the season starts and Alexcuses fill the air. "Andy's not using Alex like Jim", "The weak line is giving up sacks", "the Chiefs pass too much."

Oh, you are in for a very long season indeed. May I recommend,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FqQEHPUq6Zc/SvLapn2iCOI/AAAAAAAALK8/L1lIuvpak1Q/s400/lexapro.jpg

LMAO I can believe it. They've already converted the former Cassholes of this site lock, stock, and noodle-armed barrell. They are a strong cult indeed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
05-17-2013, 06:48 PM
with chainsaws roaring

let hate flow

Pasta Little Brioni
05-17-2013, 06:49 PM
LMAO I can believe it. They've already converted the former Cassholes of this site lock, stock, and noodle-armed barrell. They are a strong cult indeed.
Posted via Mobile Device

How many Kirby's does Marcellus True own? ;)

RealSNR
05-17-2013, 06:49 PM
let hate flow

onto truefan tits

splatbass
05-17-2013, 08:01 PM
But...but...but...Keg just waxed your board, brah.
Posted via Mobile Device

Keg did nothing of the sort.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Why is deer plural but beer isn't?

I have a hunch Alex Smith sucking is not envolved. Good for him.

keg in kc
05-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Yeah, its a good analogy for those that think, Alex Smith = Matt Cassel. I think Cassel is a back up, would be a backup for every team in the NFL. Smith should and would start for 10-12 teams right now, including the Vikings. He'd be their best QB right now.

Many here aren't even interested in realistic projections for the rookie QBs, they just want one for the possibility and the unknown factor. If that's so, Bray is everything you'd want. He has upside potential, as much as any in this draft. So, the Chiefs get the best QB on the market, and a rookie with potential. What's wrong?You should really stop making assumptions.

I don't think Alex Smith equals Matt Cassel. And there's no mention of rookie quarterbacks in anything that I've said. Because rookie quarterbacks have nothing to do with it.

The question should be whether Alex Smith can be Joe Montana, not whether he's the new Matt Cassel. Or whether Alex Smith can be Drew Brees. Or whether Alex Smith can be Brett Favre. Or even whether Alex Smith can be Trent Green.

If he's any less than that, then this trade just was not worth it. People need to raise the bar.

And if you think my expectations aren't "reasonable" then I would imagine it's because, deep down at some subconscious level you don't believe that he's all that great either, but you're trying really hard to convince yourself otherwise. And that's fine.

As I've said before, I hope that he does turn into something more than he ever has been before. I really, sincerely hope that he's not just a limited game manager who can't do much more but avoid screw ups while he rides a strong running game and defense to close wins. I hope 6 months from now I'm a convert singing Andy Reid's praises, and just gobsmacked at how awesome Alex Smith was after all.

keg in kc
05-17-2013, 08:22 PM

They went one-and-done in the playoffs, got blown out by the Ravens at home.

Sounds like a story I've read somewhere before. :hmmm:

(I liked Chad Pennington, by the way, but we should be striving for more)

BossChief
05-17-2013, 09:04 PM
You should really stop making assumptions.

I don't think Alex Smith equals Matt Cassel. And there's no mention of rookie quarterbacks in anything that I've said. Because rookie quarterbacks have nothing to do with it.

The question should be whether Alex Smith can be Joe Montana, not whether he's the new Matt Cassel. Or whether Alex Smith can be Drew Brees. Or whether Alex Smith can be Brett Favre. Or even whether Alex Smith can be Trent Green.

If he's any less than that, then this trade just was not worth it. People need to raise the bar

And if you think my expectations aren't "reasonable" then I would imagine it's because, deep down at some subconscious level you don't believe that he's all that great either, but you're trying really hard to convince yourself otherwise. And that's fine.

As I've said before, I hope that he does turn into something more than he ever has been before. I really, sincerely hope that he's not just a limited game manager who can't do much more but avoid screw ups while he rides a strong running game and defense to close wins. I hope 6 months from now I'm a convert singing Andy Reid's praises, and just gobsmacked at how awesome Alex Smith was after all.

Out

Fucking

Standing

BossChief
05-17-2013, 09:13 PM
They went one-and-done in the playoffs, got blown out by the Ravens at home.

Sounds like a story I've read somewhere before. :hmmm:

(I liked Chad Pennington, by the way, but we should be striving for more)

If we get a few Chad Pennington esque years out of Alex (injuries aside) while finding and developing his replacement, I think an argument could be made that the trade compensation wasnt as terrible as first thought.

A franchise quarterback is worth multiple firsts, so a guy like Alex is somehow viewed as the next tier down and was deemed worthy of multiple seconds.

Oh well, just make it work.

Messier
05-17-2013, 09:14 PM

If he's any less than that, then this trade just was not worth it. People need to raise the bar.

Sorry. I thought the whole, making the same mistake with girlfriends analogy was referencing signing backup QBs that are all the same mistake over and over. And the only way to stop was to break the pattern, which, again, I assumed meant going with a rookie QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-17-2013, 09:50 PM
How many Kirby's does Marcellus True own? ;)

LMAO He's become something of a Kirby/Avon rep hybrid for Axl.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2013, 10:38 PM

Wow. Best post of the 2500 in the thread.

TinyEvel
05-18-2013, 02:25 AM
Whoa. Glad I'm probably moving to San Francisco.
49ers! Second-favorite team!!!

the Talking Can
05-18-2013, 03:01 AM
2400 post thread about a 49ers back up QB

this is what we got for the #1 pick in the draft

well, that and the opportunity to give up multiple seconds for going 8-8

Chiefs are the longest running gag in human history

splatbass
05-18-2013, 03:04 AM

No, what we got for the #1 pick was Eric Fisher. Alex Smith had nothing to do with that, since they were never going to spend that pick on one of the QBs in this draft.

the Talking Can
05-18-2013, 03:05 AM
No, what we got for the #1 pick was Eric Fisher. Alex Smith had nothing to do with that, since they were never going to spend that pick on one of the QBs in this draft.

who?

i can't find any threads on him

splatbass
05-18-2013, 03:07 AM
who?

i can't find any threads on him

Maybe because so many people have an unhealthy obsession with the Alex Smith trade.

keg in kc
05-18-2013, 03:12 AM
Maybe because so many people have an unhealthy obsession with the Alex Smith trade.Glad to see you're here to educate us all about unhealthy obsessions, and not posting for the 9 billionth time yourself in an Alex Smith thread.

the Talking Can
05-18-2013, 03:12 AM
Maybe because so many people have an unhealthy obsession with the Alex Smith trade.

or because even the dumbest chiefs fans can't pretend that RTs matter

Rasputin
05-18-2013, 03:14 AM

It was thickening. Just thickening.

Messier
05-18-2013, 05:43 AM

Fisher will be a RT for one year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2013, 01:30 PM
LMAO Albert will get his long term contract with KC after this season. He was never going to be traded. Wake the fuck up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin
05-18-2013, 01:37 PM
LMAO Albert will get his long term contract with KC after this season. He was never going to be traded. Wake the **** up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well now Mr. Nostradamus I'm glad you told us that to be true.

splatbass
05-18-2013, 01:43 PM

If you think that having two good tackles makes no difference to an offense then you aren't very bright. Every coach in the NFL would love to be in a position where they have two good tackles. Ask any franchise QB how important the entire line is to them and see what they say.

The top TWO picks in the draft will be playing RT.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/5/5/4302754/2013-nfl-draft-luke-joeckel-eric-fisher-jaguars-chiefs

Messier
05-18-2013, 01:47 PM
LMAO Albert will get his long term contract with KC after this season. He was never going to be traded. Wake the **** up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Okay. Fisher won't be a career RT.

The Bad Guy
05-18-2013, 01:56 PM

Well to be fair, about 20 of these posts are you saying the same fucking thing over and over.

RunKC
05-18-2013, 02:28 PM

You should just create a template and use it in every post because it's the same bitching and moaning about the same subject all the time with you.

Most of your posts are beating the same dead horse into the ground over and over and over again.

BossChief
05-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Okay. Fisher won't be a career RT.

True. But he very well may be one the next 4 or 5 years.

RunKC
05-18-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm going to change my prediction from 9-7 to 10-6 with recent events.

Jags aren't a good team and they lost their best receiver for the opener and the Chargers losing Ingram and still not having a LT is gonna hit them hard.

Jags, Bills, Browns and Eagles aren't good teams. I don't think the Titans are that good either since Locker looks like a bust. Add to the fact that Oakland is the worst team in the league and the Chargers look weak.

I think it's a very good possibility we sweep the Raiders and Chargers. The Raiders lost all of their front 7, Huff and DHB.

The Chargers have Rivers, but their OL is still pathetic and they aren't going to get any pressure on the QB this year, which is a recipe for disaster.

We have some tough games, but all but 2 are at home, and one of those games is right after the bye week.

Hopefully we don't get injuries, but as it stands now, I think we are capable of securing a 6th seed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2013, 05:29 PM
You're getting 7-9. At best.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chronic
05-18-2013, 05:32 PM

Jags aren't a good team and they lost their best receiver for the opener and the Chargers losing Ingram and still not having a LT is gonna hit them hard.

Jags, Bills, Browns and Eagles aren't good teams. I don't think the Titans are that good either since Locker looks like a bust. Add to the fact that Oakland is the worst team in the league and the Chargers look weak.

I think it's a very good possibility we sweep the Raiders and Chargers. The Raiders lost all of their front 7, Huff and DHB.

The Chargers have Rivers, but their OL is still pathetic and they aren't going to get any pressure on the QB this year, which is a recipe for disaster.

We have some tough games, but all but 2 are at home, and one of those games is right after the bye week.

Hopefully we don't get injuries, but as it stands now, I think we are capable of securing a 6th seed.

No, the Chiefs are-- you had the #1 overall pick- that makes YOU the worst team in the NFL.. The Raiders have **** yer sh*t up the last 3 years

Alex frekin Smith and a new coach that won 4 games last year aint gonna change that

10 wins for the Chiefs eh?

You funny short man with moustache

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Well now Mr. Nostradamus I'm glad you told us that to be true.

He was never on the block in any serious capacity. The Dorseid used Albert's "greed" and/or shitty agent to play perfectly in to their desire to build a top tier O-line with depth. Albert....was never........leaving Kansas City.
Posted via Mobile Device

RNR
05-18-2013, 05:37 PM
KC will sending that 2nd rounder. I posted a while back and continue to predict the Chiefs will win 10 games this year~

Pasta Little Brioni
05-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Then the midgets

patteeu
05-18-2013, 06:12 PM
No, the Chiefs are-- you had the #1 overall pick- that makes YOU the worst team in the NFL.. The Raiders have **** yer sh*t up the last 3 years

Alex frekin Smith and a new coach that won 4 games last year aint gonna change that

Alex Smith and the new coach will help, but what's really going to change it is the fact that you lost your entire defensive front. Your glory years of beating the Chiefs while losing to everyone else are over.

Messier
05-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Then the midgets

Alex Myth?

Rasputin
05-18-2013, 06:43 PM
He was never on the block in any serious capacity. The Dorseid used Albert's "greed" and/or shitty agent to play perfectly in to their desire to build a top tier O-line with depth. Albert....was never........leaving Kansas City.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eh, I don't know that. I think they tried to trade him but were just as content to keep him. They could sign him to long term any time between now and next year but that doesn't mean that they will do that. They may wait until the season gets unfold and just how well he does. He really has to prove himself again this year if he wants a big pay day as LT.

RunKC
05-18-2013, 06:58 PM

Last year's over Faider fan. Prepare your anus because you gon' get raped.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-18-2013, 07:00 PM

He'll bitch out and come back as a different handle like he always does.

RNR
05-18-2013, 07:04 PM

LMAO we shall see~

Chronic
05-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Alex Smith and the new coach will help, but what's really going to change it is the fact that you lost your entire defensive front. Your glory years of beating the Chiefs while losing to everyone else are over.

You guys all said that last year when they lost Routt, Boss, Kamerion Wimbley, lost their only coach that took them to 8-8 etc... remember that?

New rookie HC, growing pains, no way the Raiders dont finish last etc...

It didnt stop the Raiders from sweeping the Chiefs for the 2nd time in 3 years

BigCatDaddy
05-18-2013, 07:31 PM

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18lroax6o867tgif/ku-xlarge.gif

Pasta Little Brioni
05-18-2013, 07:36 PM
I think Run's pretty spot on if Smith is even what he was in San Fran. Anymore and this team will be tough. Any less and well at least we get a chance at another QB next year with a high 1st.

patteeu
05-18-2013, 07:39 PM
You guys all said that last year when they lost Routt, Boss, Kamerion Wimbley, lost their only coach that took them to 8-8 etc... remember that?

New rookie HC, growing pains, no way the Raiders dont finish last etc...

It didnt stop the Raiders from sweeping the Chiefs for the 2nd time in 3 years

I have no idea what you're talking about. I didn't say anything like that. Your defensive front has been the part of your team that's been giving the Chiefs problems and it's gone now.

RunKC
05-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Who are proven entities on the Raiders? Tyvonn Branch? Darren McFadden?
An injured Jacoby Ford?

I can't think of anyone besides them.

jd1020
05-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Who are proven entities on the Raiders? Tyvonn Branch? Darren McFadden?
An injured Jacoby Ford?

I can't think of anyone besides them.

Janikowski.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2013, 08:48 PM
If we split with the three stooges of the AFCW, it was a good run.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2013, 08:56 PM
If this team wants to win against more than scrubs, the offense must control TOP and capitalize EVERY FUCKING TIME on defensive turnovers. Even if it means only a field goal. Keep the defense in the game by keeping them off the field, and by showing them you can benefit from their work.
Posted via Mobile Device

splatbass
05-18-2013, 10:49 PM
If this team wants to win against more than scrubs, the offense must control TOP and capitalize EVERY ****ING TIME on defensive turnovers. Even if it means only a field goal. Keep the defense in the game by keeping them off the field, and by showing them you can benefit from their work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Then I have no idea why you hate Alex Smith so much, since he is the perfect QB for controlling TOP and keeping the D off the field.

Ming the Merciless
05-18-2013, 10:55 PM
Then I have no idea why you hate Alex Smith so much, since he is the perfect QB for controlling TOP and keeping the D off the field.

with his amazing 3rd down %?

PornChief
05-19-2013, 03:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4TPD0ZW.gif

Chronic
05-19-2013, 04:06 AM
An AFC team is gonna need to win 10 games to have a shot at a WC..

Chiefs wil split with Raiders/Chargers and get swept by the Broncos giving the Chiefs a 2-4 record in the AFC West
-
The Chiefs will need to go 8-2 outside the division <--- drink up

Sorter
05-19-2013, 05:36 AM
An AFC team is gonna need to win 10 games to have a shot at a WC..

Chiefs wil split with Raiders/Chargers and get swept by the Broncos giving the Chiefs a 2-4 record in the AFC West
-
The Chiefs will need to go 8-2 outside the division <--- drink up

Yup. GIven the fact that the Bengals/Pitt are solid, along with Houston/Indy, I don't see how KC makes the playoffs.

I'm rather pessimistic though.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-19-2013, 05:52 AM
Sorry, but if we are conceding games against those teams, shoot me now.

Chronic
05-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Sorry, but if we are conceding games against those teams, shoot me now.

They're saying the same things about the Chiefs

The Chiefs were the worst team in the NFL last year

Teams are penciling in a W when they see the Chiefs on their schedule

Sandy Vagina
05-19-2013, 07:48 AM
They're saying the same things about the Chiefs

The Chiefs were the worst team in the NFL last year

Teams are penciling in a W when they see the Chiefs on their schedule

Good thing they are using a pencil.. cuz Chiefs gonna win 9 games this season.. two of them, easy wins against Oakland. Let them all underestimate KC. :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-19-2013, 08:40 AM

unproven as a Chief. We shall see...

And you know good and well the hate is about is inability to be more than game manager who will NOT take this team to a SB victory. The Niners realized this, why can't you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
05-19-2013, 09:11 AM
unproven as a Chief. We shall see...

And you know good and well the hate is about is inability to be more than game manager who will NOT take this team to a SB victory. The Niners realized this, why can't you?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think that a competent, high level game manager is what this team needs. They don't need a Favre, they need an Aikman.

I believe that A. Smith is that guy, especially in a West Coast, Lavell Edwards system that Andy Reid runs (especially, especially one that will have pistol/spread elements thrown into the mix).

This team has invested into the offensive line to control the line of scrimmage, has the second best running back in the league, one of the top receivers (who also is one of the best, if not the best possession type receivers in the league) and a very solid tight end corps.

In addition, the defense has the hallmarks of being top 3/5 if the line is able to play to the rest of the teams level.

At that point, you want a quarterback who is accurate and who doesn't put the ball into the defenses hands.

A. Smith isn't going to take the top off of a defense with his arm, but that's not going to be the game plan anyway. Time of possession, ball control, and a substantially better/effective red zone offense is what you want and what you will see from this team.

What I see in A. Smith is a Matt Hasselback type of guy (and I think he's got better physical skills than MH) in this system, and Hasselback was able to get his team to the Superbowl and arguably won it if not for some of the worst SB officiating ever.

My predictions for this team as it's currently built:

2013: 10-6 with a potential first round playoff victory.
2014: 12-4 and a shot at the title.

jd1020
05-19-2013, 09:56 AM
I think that a competent, high level game manager is what this team needs. They don't need a Favre, they need an Aikman.

This isn't the ****ing 90's anymore.

The most well-rounded team in the league dumped Alex Smith because he couldn't get it done.

Are the Chiefs a better team than the 49ers? No.

So why is he just what the Chiefs need? Have we stopped carrying about winning the ultimate prize? We're fine with middle of the pack? 1 and done in the playoffs?

Messier
05-19-2013, 10:04 AM
This isn't the ****ing 90's anymore.

The most well-rounded team in the league dumped Alex Smith because he couldn't get it done.

Are the Chiefs a better team than the 49ers? No.

So why is he just what the Chiefs need? Have we stopped carrying about winning the ultimate prize? We're fine with middle of the pack? 1 and done in the playoffs?

Dumped him? The Cardinals dumped Kolb, Smith wasn't going anywhere without a trade for high round picks. Do you think they were just about to release him?

And what couldn't he get done. Sorry, getting the team to the NFC championship and starting 2012 6-2-1 and one the highest rated QBs just isn't cutting it. JH was going to start CK sooner or later. He is his guy, and is more dynamic than Smith, but to act like Smith was a problem is not true.

SAUTO
05-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Dumped him? The Cardinals dumped Kolb, Smith wasn't going anywhere without a trade for high round picks. Do you think they were just about to release him?

And what couldn't he get done. Sorry, getting the team to the NFC championship and starting 2012 6-2-1 and one the highest rated QBs just isn't cutting it. JH was going to start CK sooner or later. He is his guy, and is more dynamic than Smith, but to act like Smith was a problem is not true.
So being shit on third down isn't a problem?

Not being able to drive the ball down the field, even Dorsey admits this, isn't a problem?
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
05-19-2013, 10:12 AM

I believe that A. Smith is that guy, especially in a West Coast, Lavell Edwards system that Andy Reid runs (especially, especially one that will have pistol/spread elements thrown into the mix).

This team has invested into the offensive line to control the line of scrimmage, has the second best running back in the league, one of the top receivers (who also is one of the best, if not the best possession type receivers in the league) and a very solid tight end corps.

In addition, the defense has the hallmarks of being top 3/5 if the line is able to play to the rest of the teams level.

At that point, you want a quarterback who is accurate and who doesn't put the ball into the defenses hands.

A. Smith isn't going to take the top off of a defense with his arm, but that's not going to be the game plan anyway. Time of possession, ball control, and a substantially better/effective red zone offense is what you want and what you will see from this team.

What I see in A. Smith is a Matt Hasselback type of guy (and I think he's got better physical skills than MH) in this system, and Hasselback was able to get his team to the Superbowl and arguably won it if not for some of the worst SB officiating ever.

My predictions for this team as it's currently built:

2013: 10-6 with a potential first round playoff victory.
2014: 12-4 and a shot at the title.

Troy Aikman could take the top off a defense, and take over games when the team needed him to do so.

Michael Irvin would be a highly talented receiver who never fully realized his potential had Alex Smith been his QB.

milkman
05-19-2013, 10:13 AM

The 9ers were going to trade Smith this offseason.

They just managed to fleece the Chiefs.

jd1020
05-19-2013, 10:15 AM

You're a moron if you think they were going to pay Alex 7.5M to be a backup. He was on his way out of SF with a trade or being cut.

Smith was holding that team back and there is no debate to that.

milkman
05-19-2013, 10:18 AM
And for those in this thread that think Eli Manning isn't elite, I give you Ramses Barden.

Eli's inconsistency is due, to a large degree, to the fact that he plays behind one of the worst O-Lines in the league.

But he is a guy that makes big plays in the biggest moments, and that to me is exactly what defines elite.

Actually, there are a number of definitions for elite QB.

Peyton Manning is elite, because he can carry a team through the regular season, but unlike his little brother, he shrinks in the biggest moments, and there's no way in hell he wins more SBs behind that sorry than Eli has.

Messier
05-19-2013, 10:20 AM
You're a moron if you think they were going to pay Alex 7.5M to be a backup. He was on his way out of SF with a trade or being cut.

Smith was holding that team back and there is no debate to that.

They weren't cutting him you idiot. How was he holding them back?

Messier
05-19-2013, 10:21 AM
The 9ers were going to trade Smith this offseason.

They just managed to fleece the Chiefs.

By about a round.

SAUTO
05-19-2013, 10:21 AM

Could they afford him?
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier
05-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Could they afford him?
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess Smith was lying at the PC.

jd1020

You're right. They weren't going to cut him since they were going to get at least something for him. I bet they never imagined getting what they did, though. However, there was a 0% chance Alex was going to be on that team for the 2013 season.

It's been said too many times on this forum to repeat the deficiencies in Alex's game. I'm sorry you are too ignorant to believe them.

keg in kc
By about a round.For two years.

SAUTO
05-19-2013, 10:25 AM
I guess Smith was lying at the PC.

About what?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
05-19-2013, 10:26 AM
And for those in this thread that think Eli Manning isn't elite, I give you Ramses Barden.

Eli's inconsistency is due, to a large degree, to the fact that he plays behind one of the worst O-Lines in the league.

But he is a guy that makes big plays in the biggest moments, and that to me is exactly what defines elite.

Actually, there are a number of definitions for elite QB.

Peyton Manning is elite, because he can carry a team through the regular season, but unlike his little brother, he shrinks in the biggest moments, and there's no way in hell he wins more SBs behind that sorry than Eli has.

This is all you need to say
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannEl00/gamelog/post/

In their two super bowl runs, he has a 15 TD / 2 INT ratio. Had a 100+ rating in 5/8 of those games. In his last playoff run, in all 4 games he threw for 275 yards. Interesting that people don't call him elite, because there are very few QBs I'd take on my team over him.

jd1020
05-19-2013, 10:29 AM
This is all you need to say
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannEl00/gamelog/post/

In their two super bowl runs, he has a 15 TD / 2 INT ratio. Had a 100+ rating in 5/8 of those games. In his last playoff run, in all 4 games he threw for 275 yards. Interesting that people don't call him elite, because there are very few QBs I'd take on my team over him.

How about when they miss the playoffs in a pretty mediocre division because Eli shits the bed for a handful of games?

Those "very few" QBs you would take over him are the truly elite QBs in the league.

Eli is the best of the rest, but he's not on the level of a Brady, Rodgers, Brees or his brother.

Messier
05-19-2013, 10:29 AM
The compensation was high, I admit. I also admit I don't know any details as to other teams involvement, or the negotiations between the 49er and the Chiefs, not enough to just say the Chiefs were scammed. Reid wanted Smith, I guess if thought he could do just as well with Kolb or Flynn, he would've walked on the 49ers. We'll see if he was right to pull the trigger.

Messier
05-19-2013, 10:30 AM
About what?
Posted via Mobile Device

He said the team informed him they weren't releasing him, they wanted him to stay, but would listen to a trade.

jd1020
05-19-2013, 10:31 AM
He said the team informed him they weren't releasing him, they wanted him to stay, but would listen to a trade.

Gotta love people who eat up every word a coach says about a player on his way out the door.

I'm sure it was on the top of Harbaughs list to throw Alex under the bus and destroy any negotiating tactics he used to sodomize the Chiefs.

SAUTO
05-19-2013, 10:35 AM
The team may have informed him of that. do teams always tell the truth?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
05-19-2013, 10:36 AM
They obviously didn't want him to stay.

Especially at 7.5 million imo
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
05-19-2013, 10:37 AM
How about when they miss the playoffs in a pretty mediocre division because Eli shits the bed for a handful of games?

Those "very few" QBs you would take over him are the truly elite QBs in the league.

And this is different from Big Ben... how?

The question is, do you want a Peyton Manning that is the model of consistency but then plays average in big games, or do you want a Big Ben/Eli that will have ups and downs in the regular season but then piece together a playoff run that few QBs are capable of? I'll take the latter, please.

jd1020
05-19-2013, 10:37 AM
The 49ers found themselves in a position where they wouldn't be able to sign all of the players they could have drafted with their 14 draft picks or w/e stupid number they had, but apparently they would have had room for Alex Smiths contract.

jd1020
05-19-2013, 10:38 AM
And this is different from Big Ben... how?

The question is, do you want a Peyton Manning that is the model of consistency but then plays average in big games, or do you want a Big Ben/Eli that will have ups and downs in the regular season but then piece together a playoff run that few QBs are capable of? I'll take the latter, please.

I've never said Big Ben was elite, because he's not.

I'd take Peyton Manning, without question. The Broncos backed off in the 2nd half in the playoffs last year and wound up losing to a team they were dominating in the first half. They didn't even choose to go for a score before the end of the first half with like 2 timeouts and P. Manning at QB with like 50 seconds on the clock, iirc.

SAUTO
05-19-2013, 10:42 AM
The 49ers found themselves in a position where they wouldn't be able to sign all of the players they could have drafted with their 14 draft picks or w/e stupid number they had, but apparently they would have had room for Alex Smiths contract. this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
05-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Troy Aikman could take the top off a defense, and take over games when the team needed him to do so.

Michael Irvin would be a highly talented receiver who never fully realized his potential had Alex Smith been his QB.

I understand the concept of a Hall of Fame guy versus the field and why I eventually ended with a Matt Hasselback reference.

I think A. Smith is of a MH level (a tad better IMO) and with the correct supporting cast, can actually be a title contender type of QB.

I think that we've become so over-the-top in terms of expecting the Chiefs to get that Hall of Fame QB that we're instantly denigrating the capabilities of a guy like A. Smith, especially in a Reid type offense (and especially one with aspects of a Childress/Ault union of the minds). Which is ironic in that this franchise has suffered through some of the worst QB situations over the past 40 years.

Many around here seem to be of the mindset of "Well, he ****ing sucks because some other team was willing to trade him so we should draft Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Troy Aikman/Joe Montana/Johnny Unitas/John Elway because, well, you know, a guy like that is always going to be sitting there for the Chiefs in every draft."

And that just ain't gonna happen.

So, what we have here is a guy who Andy Reid obviously feels quite strongly about in terms of running his system. A guy who was finally coming into his own after suffering through some of the worst head coaches and offensive coordinators of the past decade. A veritable carousel of crap every single year was the fate suffered by A. Smith during his time in San Francisco. And yet, despite this avalanche of horse shit piled upon him, he remained focused, determined and positive. When he finally got a decent HC, the guy started producing.

So, what do we have here in KC with Smith? Do we simply have a re-tread QB that won't distinguish himself beyond a middling level, or do we have a Steve Young, who was basically deemed a bust by the Buccaneers who drafted Testaverde and traded Young to the 49ers for an incredible haul of draft picks at the time of a 2nd and 4th rounder. Young, deemed a cast off bust, and the 49ers were routinely criticized by the fans and press as a waste of a trade and far too expensive because of the picks.

However, west coast system guru Bill Walsh liked the traits that Young brought to the table (athleticism, accuracy, smarts) and when a 30 year old Young got the chance to start for a decent head coach in a new situation, he went on to a Hall of Fame level career despite becoming the 49er's starting QB in his eighth career season.

chiefzilla1501
05-19-2013, 10:46 AM
I've never said Big Ben was elite, because he's not.

I'd take Peyton Manning, without question. The Broncos backed off in the 2nd half in the playoffs last year and wound up losing to a team they were dominating in the first half. They didn't even choose to go for a score before the end of the first half with like 2 timeouts and P. Manning at QB with like 50 seconds on the clock, iirc.

Peyton Manning has had a long illustrious career. In that career, he has been mediocre at best in games that matter most. I would rather take 3 to 4 championships with a few frustrating regular seasons over a 10 year career than a guy who consistently can't get the job finished over those 10 years.

Wanting Peyton over Big Ben or Eli is the Marty Schottenheimer Way where regular season accomplishments trump playoff achievements.

jd1020
05-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Peyton Manning has had a long illustrious career. In that career, he has been mediocre at best in games that matter most. I would rather take 3 to 4 championships with a few frustrating regular seasons over a 10 year career than a guy who consistently can't get the job finished over those 10 years.

Wanting Peyton over Big Ben or Eli is the Marty Schottenheimer Way where regular season accomplishments trump playoff achievements.

ROFL

Wanting a QB who consistently made an otherwise terrible team a contender is the Schottenheimer way.

Did you miss the part where the Colts were 2-14 the year he was out?

Messier
05-19-2013, 10:51 AM
The team may have informed him of that. do teams always tell the truth?
Posted via Mobile Device

So, you're just gonna go with they lied to him? Well, it does help justify what you believe to think that. Its kind of convenient.

milkman
I understand the concept of a Hall of Fame guy versus the field and why I eventually ended with a Matt Hasselback reference.

I think A. Smith is of a MH level (a tad better IMO) and with the correct supporting cast, can actually be a title contender type of QB.

I think that we've become so over-the-top in terms of expecting the Chiefs to get that Hall of Fame QB that we're instantly denigrating the capabilities of a guy like A. Smith, especially in a Reid type offense (and especially one with aspects of a Childress/Ault union of the minds). Which is ironic in that this franchise has suffered through some of the worst QB situations over the past 40 years.

Many around here seem to be of the mindset of "Well, he ****ing sucks because some other team was willing to trade him so we should draft Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Troy Aikman/Joe Montana/Johnny Unitas/John Elway because, well, you know, a guy like that is always going to be sitting there for the Chiefs in every draft."

And that just ain't gonna happen.

So, what we have here is a guy who Andy Reid obviously feels quite strongly about in terms of running his system. A guy who was finally coming into his own after suffering through some of the worst head coaches and offensive coordinators of the past decade. A veritable carousel of crap every single year was the fate suffered by A. Smith during his time in San Francisco. And yet, despite this avalanche of horse shit piled upon him, he remained focused, determined and positive. When he finally got a decent HC, the guy started producing.

So, what do we have here in KC with Smith? Do we simply have a re-tread QB that won't distinguish himself beyond a middling level, or do we have a Steve Young, who was basically deemed a bust by the Buccaneers who drafted Testaverde and traded Young to the 49ers for an incredible haul of draft picks at the time of a 2nd and 4th rounder. Young, deemed a cast off bust, and the 49ers were routinely criticized by the fans and press as a waste of a trade and far too expensive because of the picks.

However, west coast system guru Bill Walsh liked the traits that Young brought to the table (athleticism, accuracy, smarts) and when a 30 year old Young got the chance to start for a decent head coach in a new situation, he went on to a Hall of Fame level career despite becoming the 49er's starting QB in his eighth career season.

I don't agree that Smith is better than Hasselbeck.

Hasselbeck is another who could take the top off a defense.

If I had to compare Smith to another QB, then it would be Chad Pennington.

Cerebral, tough QB that's extremely efficient in the short passing game.

But another whose physical limitations limit the team's success.

jd1020
So, you're just gonna go with they lied to him? Well, it does help justify what you believe to think that. Its kind of convenient.

They couldn't even afford all of their draft picks you moron. He wasn't going to be on the 49ers this year.

chiefzilla1501
05-19-2013, 10:56 AM
ROFL

Wanting a QB who consistently made an otherwise terrible team a contender is the Schottenheimer way.

Did you miss the part where the Colts were 2-14 the year he was out?

Marty, Andy Reid, Tony Dungy... you pick your poison. You are basically saying you value regular season wins over playoff achievements. Just say it.

Your Colts example is a dumb one. First, I watched a rookie take that same team to 11 wins. The 2-win season was a product of shitty coaching and Curtis Painter more than anything. Secondly, I've already acknowledged that Peyton is a tremendous regular season QB.

Messier
05-19-2013, 10:57 AM
They couldn't even afford all of their draft picks you moron. He wasn't going to be on the 49ers this year.

They sure could afford him. They were active in FA you idiot. So, they don't Sign Dorsey and NA. Just going by what people actually said and not my theory.

chiefzilla1501
05-19-2013, 10:58 AM
I don't agree that Smith is better than Hasselbeck.

Hasselbeck is another who could take the top off a defense.

If I had to compare Smith to another QB, then it would be Chad Pennington.

Cerebral, tough QB that's extremely efficient in the short passing game.

But another whose physical limitations limit the team's success.

That's a good comparison. Hasselbeck definitely wasn't a conservative QB. If anything he was a gunslinger and took too many risks. Hasselbeck is basically a lesser version of Brett Favre.

jd1020
05-19-2013, 10:58 AM
They sure could afford him. They were active in FA you idiot. So, they don't Sign Dorsey and NA. Just going by what people actually said and not my theory.

ROFL

You're helpless.

jd1020
05-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Marty, Andy Reid, Tony Dungy... you pick your poison. You are basically saying you value regular season wins over playoff achievements. Just say it.

Your Colts example is a dumb one. First, I watched a rookie take that same team to 11 wins. The 2-win season was a product of shitty coaching and Curtis Painter more than anything. Secondly, I've already acknowledged that Peyton is a tremendous regular season QB.

Because their "rookie QB" just happens to be an average Joe...

Hootie
05-19-2013, 11:02 AM
you guys are a bunch of whiny bitches

one poster nailed it

if Alex Smith works out and plays the QB position well for us, it was an ABSOLUTE steal of a trade. 2 2nds for a good QB? Yeah. Steal.

If he sucks...then he wasn't worth a single 2nd or 3rd or 4th day pick.