PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If the Chiefs go 8-8 or better 49ers get a 2nd round pick.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Everything I said is true. The commentators on both TV and radio kept talking about how good Oakland's man coverage was.

I've heard both ways. The problem is Bowe isn't a guy that's going to get separation. He's a guy that will go up and bet the ball or a guy that you make those back shoulder throws to. Alex made one nice one, but those are "risky" passes and ones Alex prefers to not make which are why Bowes numbers are down.

splatbass
10-13-2013, 09:48 PM
And yet other perspectives from people who attended the game say otherwise.

I believe Len Dawson and Rich Gannon, two SB QBs, over people sitting in the stands.

Mav
10-13-2013, 09:52 PM
I've heard both ways. The problem is Bowe isn't a guy that's going to get separation. He's a guy that will go up and bet the ball or a guy that you make those back shoulder throws to. Alex made one nice one, but those are "risky" passes and ones Alex prefers to not make which are why Bowes numbers are down.

That's a fair point. In SF his favorite receiver was Josh Morgan, who routinely was open because of his route running, and while some one like Crabtree, he didn't like throwing to because he didn't get enough separation.

Still. Bowe is a BEAST. And a BEAST needs to eat.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2013, 09:57 PM
I believe Len Dawson and Rich Gannon, two SB QBs, over people sitting in the stands.

Fine.

Tribal Warfare
10-13-2013, 11:06 PM
okay... well what's next what ya got for me? This is such a riveting exchange, and must be important. Where do we go next? We done with this yet?

Yep, seeing the cracks in that demeanor, for the player only fan.

kcxiv
10-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Just D U M B, Dumb.

To have 2 teams is stupid. sorry, i agree with that part. There are certain teams i follow due to certain players i enjoy playing, but a 2nd team? fuck that nonsense. I seen people with 2 teams being called 2 team *insert gay slur here* lol

Tribal Warfare
10-14-2013, 12:38 AM
To have 2 teams is stupid. sorry, i agree with that part. There are certain teams i follow due to certain players i enjoy playing, but a 2nd team? fuck that nonsense. I seen people with 2 teams being called 2 team *insert gay slur here* lol

But not at the level of crazed following like Alex fanboys/girls?

Chief Roundup
10-14-2013, 01:28 AM
And yet other perspectives from people who attended the game say otherwise.

It is much harder to judge that stuff correctly from the stands. Especially when there is emotion and alcohol involved.

Neither one of those guys would have a reason to paint a "certain" picture either.
Did you notice how neutral Gannon was about playing for both teams. All honor and rosy things to say about both. Dawson well he does call the games for the Chiefs. Not to mention his history here.

Yes there was some coverage that looked tight on TV at times. But not as much as those guys made it out to be.
There again trying to truly judge anything from watching the tube is iffy at best.

splatbass
10-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Neither one of those guys would have a reason to paint a "certain" picture either.

I'm not one of those guys that think everything is a conspiracy. Len Dawson has never hesitated to say when the Chiefs screw up. This whole "the press is in the bag for the team" crap is just that, crap.

Mav
10-14-2013, 02:34 AM
But not at the level of crazed following like Alex fanboys/girls?

Meh. You wouldn't understand it, because you cant understand it. Nor do you want to. So there is no point in even trying to explain it to you.

but, there is a reason.

BandwagonChiefsFan
10-14-2013, 05:30 AM
Alot of people on this board are fans of the St Louis Cardinals and Kansas Jayhawks.

Does that mean they re not Royals and Mizzou fans?

BigCatDaddy
10-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Alot of people on this board are fans of the St Louis Cardinals and <B>Kansas Jayhawks</B>.

Does that mean they re not Royals and <B>Mizzou fans</B>?

Is such a thing possible? A Jawhawk and Tiger fan?

Sandy Vagina
10-14-2013, 07:26 AM
The biggest thing being overlooked is that no one should likely give two shits about this. I know that any of you could throw out two team names as your favorites, and I couldn't care less or bother to judge you for it.

That would imply I really care about your history and mental processes of how this came to be. I don't mean that to be insulting... but this is a forum of anonymous people. Do we really care to get to know them on some intimate level? If so, then **** that. Share your football and non-football opinions, and that could be interesting, but not terribly important in your grand scheme. Start talking all personal like girlfriends, and it gets quickly :ZZZ:. If people need the internet forums to "develop close relationships?" Oh man.. yeah that's not... that's not so good.

whoman69
10-14-2013, 07:30 AM
The biggest thing being overlooked is that no one should likely give two shits about this. I know that any of you could throw out two team names as your favorites, and I couldn't care less or bother to judge you for it.

That would imply I really care about your history and mental processes of how this came to be. I don't mean that to be insulting... but this is a forum of anonymous people. Do we really care to get to know them on some intimate level? If so, then **** that. Share your football and non-football opinions, and that could be interesting, but not terribly important in your grand scheme. Start talking all personal like girlfriends, and it gets quickly :ZZZ:. If people need the internet forums to "develop close relationships?" Oh man.. yeah that's not... that's not so good.

You don't get this board at all.

Chief Roundup
10-14-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm not one of those guys that think everything is a conspiracy. Len Dawson has never hesitated to say when the Chiefs screw up. This whole "the press is in the bag for the team" crap is just that, crap.

Not a conspiracy at all. If Len was honest about the Chiefs and their screw ups, then where was all of the Cassel is not a good QB comments. That is right there aren't any. He cannot make the Chiefs look bad or he will not have that job. Not conspiracy fact. The Chiefs are still his bread and butter.

SAUTO
10-14-2013, 07:51 AM

you are fucking crazy

Marcellus
10-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Not a conspiracy at all. If Len was honest about the Chiefs and their screw ups, then where was all of the Cassel is not a good QB comments. That is right there aren't any. He cannot make the Chiefs look bad or he will not have that job. Not conspiracy fact. The Chiefs are still his bread and butter.

You will never ever hear any teams announcer say x player is not a good player. They may say the are struggling or need to play better but they will never say "Cassel isn't a good QB". Its not because they are in the bag, its because its bad form.

I listen to the radio feed while watching every game. Lenny was plenty critical of Cassel. He is plenty critical when the team isn't playing well.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Goodbye Pick

Mav
10-27-2013, 02:16 PM
it GONE......

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-27-2013, 02:16 PM
At this point, I wouldn't waste my time building SHIT for Smith. I'd move right the fuck on.

Marcellus
10-27-2013, 02:18 PM
At this point, I wouldn't waste my time building SHIT for Smith. I'd move right the **** on.\

Your tears taste delicious.

MotherfuckerJones
Sucks even though we're 8-0. He's an awful QB.

Kaepernick
Thanks for the 2nd round pick in 2014.

Y'all can start losing any time now. We don't want too late a pick in the 2nd. :D

Mav
10-27-2013, 02:19 PM

Y'all can start losing now. We don't want too late a pick in the 2nd.

Not gonna happen. Keep wishing and dreaming.......

SO, now you should like have no business here right?

Sweet Daddy Hate
\

Your tears taste delicious.

Yeah,

Campbell>>>>Smith.

Your and Idiot.

Sandy Vagina

Y'all can start losing now. We don't want too late a pick in the 2nd.

Can we trust that this is the last we see of you here? No point in coming around now that SF got the 2nd rd pick.... right? :p

jd1020
10-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Sucks even though we're 8-0. He's an awful QB.

Keep fuckin doubtin!

The OL is HORRIBLE and the WRs are shit!

Let Albert walk, trade Bowe, and go get Gordon.

Move Fisher to LT.

Draft safe in round 1 and get another OL.

Profit!

Marcellus
Yeah,

Campbell>>>>Smith.

Your and Idiot.

Yup and its universally known.

Crybaby bitch.

Mav
Yeah,

Campbell>>>>Smith.

Your and Idiot.

don't want to have this debate. Alex sucks, but Alex doesn't have Josh Gordon, or Jordan Cameron.

TribalElder
10-27-2013, 02:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7Qr4HT7.gif

Marcellus
Keep ****in doubtin!

Move Fisher to LT.

Profit!

I can only imagine how you fools would act if we were 4-4.

Mav
Keep ****in doubtin!

Move Fisher to LT.

Profit!

I know sarcasm, but WHY would getting GORDON be a bad thing?

Discuss Thrower
10-27-2013, 02:24 PM
A free agent outplayed Alex. A free agent that did not cost two high draft picks.

Alex Smith could not lead 10 starving men to a fucking free Golden Corral buffet -forget leading a team to the end zone.

Marcellus
10-27-2013, 02:25 PM
A free agent outplayed Alex. A free agent that did not cost two high draft picks.

Alex Smith could not lead 10 starving men to a ****ing free Golden Corral buffet -forget leading a team to the end zone.

Where exactly did Campbell out play Smith while losing the game?

They had 18 yards of offense with 5 minutes left in the 1st half and scored 7 points off a flea flicker we got fooled o yet our OL couldn't pull off?

You guys are fucking retarded.

Sandy Vagina
10-27-2013, 02:29 PM

They had 18 yards of offense with 5 minutes left in the 1st half and scored 7 points off a flea flicker we got fooled o yet our OL couldn't pull off?

You guys are ****ing retarded.

Haha, yeah.... but it's fun!

The Bad Guy
10-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Smith played an average game when he wasn't running for his life.

This offense's biggest problem was the line today.

Kaepernick
10-27-2013, 02:38 PM
So long, and thanks for all the picks.

http://www.heartofgold-hostel.de/wp-content/uploads/so-long-thanks-for-all-the-fish-600.jpg

CrazyPhuD
10-27-2013, 02:39 PM

Y'all can start losing any time now. We don't want too late a pick in the 2nd. :D

You don't have to worry about that, the Santa Clara 49ers own pick will already be in the top 10. :p

O.city
10-27-2013, 02:40 PM

That's taboo, don't say that around here.

eDave
10-27-2013, 02:46 PM
I can only imagine how you fools would act if we were 4-4.

Many would be giddy as shit if it was Geno leading us to 4-4. Rex is going to blow the dudes knee and that will be the end of the Geno of today.

9er guy
10-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Preciate that fellas

TimBone
10-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Now y'all can use the pick on the next A.J. Jenkins.

Discuss Thrower
10-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Many would be giddy as shit if it was Geno leading us to 4-4. Rex is going to blow the dudes knee and that will be the end of the Geno of today.

4-4 with a legitimate QBotF would be fantastic.

dannybcaitlyn
10-27-2013, 03:52 PM

You guys are ****ing retarded.

Frustrating Campbell can come off the bench and accurately hit the long ball. While our QB Consistently keeps missing the wide open receiver on potential long TD passes. What's up with Smiths accuracy? I thought is was suppose to be a strength.

jd1020
10-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Frustrating Campbell can come off the bench and accurately hit the long ball. While our QB Consistently keeps missing the wide open receiver on potential long TD passes. What's up with Smiths accuracy? I thought is was suppose to be a strength.

Not a damn thing wrong with Smiths accuracy.. Do you see any other QBs who are undefeated? Nope!

Mav
10-27-2013, 03:54 PM
4-4 with a legitimate QBotF would be fantastic.

Seen the score today?

Mav
10-27-2013, 03:55 PM

Long ball accuracy, has never been his strength. ever. was even mentioned as a weakness in his draft profile. But even with that. His lack of touch is perplexing.

ChiTown
10-27-2013, 03:56 PM

Agreed, and I wouldn't mind if Smith would just throw the mother fucqking ball away once in a while vs taking the sack.

Rausch
10-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Not a damn thing wrong with Smiths accuracy.. Do you see any other QBs who are undefeated? Nope!

Smith was very inaccurate today.

Missed two wide open guys with horrible overthrows.

It's not the line or Smith - it's both that are a problem...

jd1020
10-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Smith was very inaccurate today.

Missed two wide open guys with horrible overthrows.

It's not the line or Smith - it's both that are a problem...

Smith was putting balls exactly where they needed to be.

24/36 225 2TDs 0INTs 102.2 rating. He was throwing where only his receiver could make a play on the ball. Would you prefer him to throw the ball closer into coverage and risk throwing an interception?

Rausch
10-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Smith was putting balls exactly where they needed to be.

24/36 225 2TDs 0INTs 102.2 rating. He was throwing where only his receiver could make a play on the ball. Would you prefer him to throw the ball closer into coverage and risk throwing an interception?

Fasano was fucking WIDE OPEN. No one near him.

That right where the ball needed to be?...

jd1020
10-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Fasano was fucking WIDE OPEN. No one near him.

8-0!!!

Mav
10-27-2013, 04:04 PM
Fasano was ****ing WIDE OPEN. No one near him.

You my friend, have just been trolled..........ROFL

hook, line, sinker......

Mr. Laz
10-27-2013, 04:04 PM
i guess that means our 3rd rounder is now available to be traded.

Rausch
10-27-2013, 04:06 PM
You my friend, have just been trolled..........ROFL

hook, line, sinker......

You think I'd be better at this by now...

Jakemall
10-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Long ball accuracy, has never been his strength. ever. was even mentioned as a weakness in his draft profile. But even with that. His lack of touch is perplexing.

Not true...he did well with the long ball to VD. I dunno what the problem is this year though.

Mav
10-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Not true...he did well with the long ball to VD. I dunno what the problem is this year though.

yeah. That's true.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2013, 04:11 PM
LMAO jd trolling hard.

Nightfyre
10-27-2013, 04:14 PM
I am enjoying jd's efforts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Who cares? Leave drafting to teams that know how to do it. Enjoy your pick, SF.

Kaepernick
10-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Who cares? Leave drafting to teams that know how to do it. Enjoy your pick, SF.

I'll be sure to let you know who we pick with it. :p

TimBone
10-28-2013, 12:14 AM
I'll be sure to let you know who we pick with it. :p

They only televising the draft in Cali this year?

chiefzilla1501
10-28-2013, 04:03 AM

He seems to be pressing when he gets shots to the end zone. It seems like a mental thing. He sees a throw that's too good to be true and almost gets over-excited. Gotta fix this shit. Can't miss opportunities like that in the postseason. But I agree, I don't think it's beyond fixing.

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 09:41 AM
8-0 Biggest turn around in NFL History. This trade was a win for us.

BigCatDaddy
10-28-2013, 09:50 AM
8-0 Biggest turn around in NFL History. This trade was a win for us.

LMAO

Halfcan
10-28-2013, 09:55 AM
LMAO

8-0!!!!!

You picked us 4-12? No other QB on the market would have gotten us to this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:00 AM
8-0!!!!!

You picked us 4-12? No other QB on the market would have gotten us to this point.

Sacrificing the future for instant gratification:

Always the proven winner!

Yeah, I have a feeling that starting this Sunday, the overall value of the stock is about to begin plummeting. But hey; .500!

SPATCH
10-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Whatever puts asses in the seats.

Sandy Vagina
10-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Whatever puts asses in the seats.

That's a big part of it. Have to build a winning culture again... then focus on the future. They sacrificed some nice draft picks.. but that doesn't mean they have zero options on furthering the team's progress from here on. They have increased their team desirability from future FAs. They still have some good draft picks to add some talent. They can also acquire a young QB to develop into the QBotF if Smith or Bray isn't the guy.

Stating that KC sacrificed their future for instant gratification is a drama queen exaggeration.

Carlota69
10-28-2013, 11:17 AM
That's a big part of it. Have to build a winning culture again... then focus on the future. They sacrificed some nice draft picks.. but that doesn't mean they have zero options on furthering the team's progress from here on. They have increased their team desirability from future FAs. They still have some good draft picks to add some talent. They can also acquire a young QB to develop into the QBotF if Smith or Bray isn't the guy.

Stating that KC sacrificed their future or instant gratification is a drama queen exaggeration.

Welcome to the Planet!

saphojunkie
10-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Almost everyone in this thread was a whiny cunt with zero foresight.

saphojunkie
10-28-2013, 11:30 AM

Yeah, I have a feeling that starting this Sunday, the overall value of the stock is about to begin plummeting. But hey; .500!

God, you are just stupid as fuck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:31 AM

Stating that KC sacrificed their future for instant gratification is a drama queen exaggeration.

You know nothing about Chiefs football. But hey, as long as you can follow your sub-par, mediocre, regular-season lover...

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:31 AM
God, you are just stupid as fuck.

We'll see, won't we?

saphojunkie
10-28-2013, 11:37 AM
We'll see, won't we?

No, we won't. You're just an asinine, myopic, pot-stirring jackass who to date has not provided one single shred of insightful, relevant, or interesting contributions to any thread you are involved in.

I'm done with you.

Ignore, engaged.

Sandy Vagina
10-28-2013, 11:37 AM
We'll see, won't we?

no... it's already settled, sorry. Even if your vague predictions come to fruition, you are without any doubt stupid as ****. Any team fan saying that their team will fail because.. well.. they have in the past... yeah, that fan = stupid as ****. ;)

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:39 AM
No, we won't. You're just an asinine, myopic, pot-stirring jackass who to date has not provided one single shred of insightful, relevant, or interesting contributions to any thread you are involved in.

I'm done with you.

Ignore, engaged.

Good. Your useless homerism gives me irritable bowel. Be gone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:40 AM
no... it's already settled, sorry. Even if your vague predictions come to fruition, you are without any doubt stupid as ****. Any team fan saying that their team will fail because.. well.. they have in the past... yeah, that fan = stupid as ****. ;)

It sure is settled. Smith IS who we thought he was: a herp-derping, sub-par, game-manager in no way worth what was paid for him.

Sandy Vagina
10-28-2013, 11:42 AM
It sure is settled. Smith IS who we thought he was: a herp-derping, sub-par, game-manager in no way worth what was paid for him.

at 8-0 and :deevee: = you

The Chiefs organization would be proud of you! :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:43 AM
at 8-0 and :deevee: = you

The Chiefs organization would be proud of you! :)

8-0; the dumbest argument ever posted.

Sandy Vagina
10-28-2013, 11:48 AM
8-0; the dumbest argument ever posted.

the 8-0 = :deevee: is not in response to Smith being good or bad... but I didn't expect stupid as **** to even deduce that.

the 8-0 response is for alleged KC fans (yes, like yourself).. that are so miserable right now after going from 2-14 to 8-0.

That from a KC fan is just as stupid as stupid could ever get. Enjoy and congrats... you reached an all new low.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 11:52 AM
the 8-0 = :deevee: is not in response to Smith being good or bad... but I didn't expect stupid as **** to even deduce that.

the 8-0 response is for alleged KC fans (yes, like yourself).. that are so miserable right now after going from 2-14 to 8-0.

That from a KC fan is just as stupid as stupid could ever get. Enjoy and congrats... you reached an all new low.

Yes, let's just settle. God u r dumb.

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Yes, let's just settle. God u r dumb.

I think Mac's point is that there are 31 other teams that would love to settle for 8-0 regardless of how you got there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 12:04 PM
I think Mac's point is that there are 31 other teams that would love to settle for 8-0 regardless of how you got there.

Trade?

jd1020
10-28-2013, 12:04 PM

I bet there aren't.

I bet there are at least 11 teams that are thinking they can beat the Chiefs when the game counts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 12:05 PM
I bet there aren't.

I bet there are at least 11 teams that are thinking they can beat the Chiefs when the game counts.

This. No one is fearing Alex Smith. No one.

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 12:08 PM
I bet there aren't.

Maybe 11 thinking that...but I think much fewer that are actually able...

But all of them would rather be 8-0 than whatever record they have.

jd1020
10-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Maybe 11 thinking that...but I think much fewer that are actually able...

But all of them would rather be 8-0 than whatever record they have.

Regular season record doesnt mean shit, ask Peyton. People think Eli is better than him, LOL!!!!

Jakemall
10-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Regular season record doesnt mean shit, ask Peyton. People think Eli is better than him, LOL!!!!

Not going to argue this because I agree for the most part. Regular season is only important for play-off seeding.

Consistent1
10-28-2013, 12:24 PM
You guys are so fucking negative. Let's just quit playing to get Bridgewater. Oh hit, we have already won too many games. It is honestly like some of you dipshits want that. Alex Smith this, Alex Smith that. What is the Chiefs record?

Some of these fuckers would take Tajh Boyd and a bottle of Maker's versus actually winning.

SPATCH
10-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Not going to argue this because I agree for the most part. Regular season is only important for play-off seeding.

It's also important for selling tickets and making money. As long as the Chiefs are competitive they will sell tickets.

Alex Smith does enough things to keep the Chiefs competitive so he will no doubt be our QB for the next 4-5 years. There will be a total of 0 Super Bowls won in those 4-5 years, but who care$

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 12:29 PM
You guys are so fucking negative. Let's just quit playing to get Bridgewater. Oh hit, we have already won too many games. It is honestly like some of you dipshits want that. Alex Smith this, Alex Smith that. What is the Chiefs record?

Some of these fuckers would take Tajh Boyd and a bottle of Maker's versus actually winning.
Yes.
It's also important for selling tickets and making money. As long as the Chiefs are competitive they will sell tickets.

Alex Smith does enough things to keep the Chiefs competitive so he will no doubt be our QB for the next 4-5 years. There will be a total of 0 Super Bowls won in those 4-5 years, but who care$

HOORAY!/Clark's wallet

Messier
10-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Geno Smith throws some of the prettiest pick 6s I have ever seen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Geno Smith throws some of the prettiest pick 6s I have ever seen.

He also throws awesome deep passes too. Wonder what that would be like in KC?

jd1020
10-28-2013, 12:39 PM
He also throws awesome deep passes too. Wonder what that would be like in KC?

Campbell threw some pretty nice deep balls yesterday.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Campbell threw some pretty nice deep balls yesterday.

Campbell made the argument for why paying for Smith was pure FAIL.

Oh I know, I know:

"8 TEHZ O HERP-HERP-HERP"!

jd1020
10-28-2013, 12:43 PM
I was just pointing out that deep balls in KC are just like watching the other team in KC.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2013, 12:45 PM
I was just pointing out that deep balls in KC are just like watching the other team in KC.

20 YARDS FTW!

10-29-2013, 02:55 AM
8-0!!!

Some of the best trolling this year. The new LAchieffan

AussieChiefsFan
10-29-2013, 05:12 AM

Yeah, I have a feeling that starting this Sunday, the overall value of the stock is about to begin plummeting. But hey; .500!Oh god. LMAO

Sandy Vagina
10-29-2013, 06:25 AM
You guys are so ****ing negative. Let's just quit playing to get Bridgewater. Oh hit, we have already won too many games. It is honestly like some of you dipshits want that. Alex Smith this, Alex Smith that. What is the Chiefs record?

Some of these ****ers would take Tajh Boyd and a bottle of Maker's versus actually winning.

Yep. As I watch the 2nd half dumpster-fire again, I am seeing more and more that the most blame belongs to the OL. Sure, Alex missed on some throws here and there, and ate some sacks. For some reason, that is all people want? to remember. But this OL really sucked a fat one in the 2nd half... penalties, failed blocks... it was a mess. Props to the Browns coaching for making the adjustments that ours simply didn't... but really, it's hard to blame the coaches when you see execution from the players like this.

First half was pretty nice... but people only want to cling to the 2nd half... and that's a shame.

splatbass
10-29-2013, 09:16 AM

The future is NOW. We have our best chance in ten years. This is the time. Get on board instead of fantasizing about what will never be.

Mav
10-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Yep. As I watch the 2nd half dumpster-fire again, I am seeing more and more that the most blame belongs to the OL. Sure, Alex missed on some throws here and there, and ate some sacks. For some reason, that is all people want? to remember. But this OL really sucked a fat one in the 2nd half... penalties, failed blocks... it was a mess. Props to the Browns coaching for making the adjustments that ours simply didn't... but really, it's hard to blame the coaches when you see execution from the players like this.

First half was pretty nice... but people only want to cling to the 2nd half... and that's a shame.

What you say is fair.

The only thing that sticks out in my mind though, is the missed pass to Fasano, and the missed pass to avery.

He is routinely missing those passes.

Those are easy NFL qb passes Mac.

That's troubling.

Sandy Vagina
10-29-2013, 11:11 AM
What you say is fair.

The only thing that sticks out in my mind though, is the missed pass to Fasano, and the missed pass to avery.

That's troubling.

Yeah.. I disliked them as well... and I do hate to do this.. not sure if it's just built in at this point or being objective... Buuuuuuuut.....

- Maybe Alex's lack of work this season (due to Fasano's injuries) has aided in this deep pass connection fail? I mean, Alex is used to throwing to fast TEs.. maybe the two of them will look at that play and work on their chemistry more.

- I swear, it looked like Avery was not at full speed/effort. Just sayin'... not sayin'... but just sayin'... We do see QB X throw about 8 deep passes per game. Maybe 4 of them get completed.. maybe 3.. but they do overshoot their targets 2-3 times of the 8. People forget about those because the QB connects with the other 3 or 4. With Alex, he throws so few deep ones... that if they don't hit? They really stand out to the fans.

Not saying he excels at or doesn't need to work on these things... just... sayin'....

9ernation94
10-29-2013, 02:03 PM
This trade worked out well for both sides.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 02:04 PM
What you say is fair.

That's troubling.

Yup.

That happens when you're getting pressured and aren't use to it...

DJ's left nut
10-29-2013, 02:28 PM
What you say is fair.

That's troubling.

The missed pass to Fasano was bad bad bad. There's just no way to spin that one. Smith absolutely has to hit that ball.

The missed pass to Avery, OTOH, looked to me like Avery struggled a little bit getting out of his break and getting back to speed. I haven't seen an all-22 view, but in the seats you could see Smith notice him right before his break so my eyes went to him just as he started it. He just didn't explode out of his break like I had expected him to.

I honestly think he didn't expect the ball to come his way and he didn't hit the jets until he looked up and saw the ball in the air - by then it was too late.

I'll blame the Fasano misfire on him - it was terrible. But with Avery coming out of a double move and Smith putting the ball up before his final break, Smith had to rely on a certain amount of burst from Avery as he shot upfield and frankly, I didn't see it in real time.

I'm open to being shown otherwise, but from the stadium, Avery played a pretty significant role in the overthrow.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-29-2013, 05:18 PM

Cooper.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 05:19 PM

I see you think you're funny...