PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If the Chiefs go 8-8 or better 49ers get a 2nd round pick.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

BossChief
05-06-2013, 09:22 PM
I don't think anyone would be pissed if the trigger to go to a second was a playoff appearance and it would go up to a first if we win a playoff game.

Nobody would bitch about giving up 2 2s for a guy that leads us back to the playoffs next hear...or a first and second for a guy that wins a playoff game...but the conditional trigger has the bar set at 8-8?

It's laughably horrendous that 8-8 is the point these guys deemed as the trade being successful.

DaFace
05-06-2013, 09:24 PM
I don't think anyone would be pissed if the trigger to go to a second was a playoff appearance and it would go up to a first if we win a playoff game.

Nobody would bitch about giving up 2 2s for a guy that leads us back to the playoffs next hear...or a first and second for a guy that wins a playoff game...but the conditional trigger has the bar set at 8-8?

It's laughably horrendous that 8-8 is the point these guys deemed as the trade being successful.

I honestly don't care enough to dig it up, but I'm pretty sure people were pissed about the idea when it was rumored. Not everyone, mind you, but a lot were.

BossChief
05-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Pissed about what?

How the triggers would escalate the trade comp?

ThadEugenia
05-06-2013, 09:31 PM
You never know when 9 to 7 leads to the championship.

DaFace
05-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Pissed about what?

How the triggers would escalate the trade comp?

That 2 2nds was still too high to pay for him even if he made it to the playoffs.

ThadEugenia
05-06-2013, 09:34 PM
That 2 2nds was still too high to pay for him even if he made it to the playoffs.

Is there a chance that going 7-9 is acceptable? For a franchise quaterback, there's a price.

HoneyBadger
05-06-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm not defending it. But giving a 2nd in this draft isn't the worst thing, next year's too? That sucks but **** it. Lets win some games man. Sick of looking like a shit team.

8-8 is still a shitty team. Get real.

BossChief
05-06-2013, 09:42 PM

I guess that part is debatable...I wouldn't care.

Giving up 2 second round picks to get back to 8-8 with a 29 year old quarterback is terrible though.

What's worse is that we agreed to trade a 2 and 3 for a qb that wouldnt even get us to .500.

I'm willing to give Dorsey a mulligan on that trade...but it sure was a bad "first impression"

Mav
05-06-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm not mad. Honestly.

Hell I'm not even the one who said you had mults. That was a guy who knows you and what you have done on previous boards.

You are not a chiefs fan. I would bet you probably watched one chiefs game last year AT MOST, yet you are here trying to tell us about OUR team.

You are following around a never was player.

You are pathetic
Posted via Mobile Device

No, thats a guy who thinks he knows something, that he doesnt. The mods clearly stated that I am not a mult. I am not a chiefs fan. I watched far more than ONE chiefs game last year. Reasons? Brady Quinn, Peyton Hillis Romeo Crennel. So.........you can take your irrelevant opinion, and shove it up your stuck up ass. I have never tried to tell you about YOUR team. I have tried, to give some honest assestments about what kind of player alex smith is. The angry ones, are the ones who only see alex smith as a piece of garbage, who is not worth anything. especially two draft picks. Ie yourself. I said. I am here to talk football, nothing more. So, do yourself, and the rest of the board a favor, and ignore me.

Spott
05-06-2013, 09:47 PM
You're just as bad as frazod.

I've never lived in Kansas or Missouri. I don't give a shit about the border war that the two teams used to share. KU is my favorite college basketball team because they win, and as a Chiefs, Timberwolves, and Royals fan I think I'm allowed to cheer for a goddamn fucking winner once in awhile, wouldn't you say? I don't give a shit about former Mizzou players just as I don't give a shit about former KU players in the NFL. And the same kind of goes for the NBA, too. I wish former Jayhawks the best, but I don't follow their professional careers closely or anything.

Chase Daniel is an unacceptable option for those game(s) when Alex Smith will be injured because what the fuck has Chase Daniel ever fucking done in the NFL? Nothing. He was looked to as the Saints' starting QB for one goddamn preseason. He's never started an NFL game. He's not exactly young and promising like a rookie backup would be. His upside in the NFL is that he's streaky and tries really hard and isn't really terrible at any one thing. He's a midget with an average/below average arm, who bounced from team to team to team for many years as an undrafted guy until the Saints for some reason let him stick around at the bottom of the depth chart. Last year it just so happened to be his "turn" to be primary backup.

He's just like Graham Harrell of the Packers, except the Packers signed Harrell and stuck with him. They didn't just pick him off some garbage heap. Even so, if Harrell were my back up QB, I'd be pretty freaking nervous if my starter ever went down. Luckily for the Packers, Aaron Rodgers doesn't have quite the injury or concussion history that Alex Smith does. The Chiefs... not so much.

You and other Mizzou fans have such a short fucking fuse about this kind of garbage that it gets really annoying to talk about anything. Chase Daniel is a mystery box. We don't know what he's going to give us, but we know that the upside he brings is very low. It's kind of like the excitement of gambling, except when you win on Chase Daniel, you get a stale chocolate chip cookie instead of money. You Mizzou fans have no fucking clue if he's Tyler Palko or Tony Romo. He's most likely not at either end of the spectrum, but let's not pretend that he's this brilliant asset to have on our QB squad. ANY of the 2013 QBs who were drafted would serve as a far better back up QB than Chase Daniel. And before you disagree, I highly recommend you check your homermeter.

I never said anything about him. You're just assuming the dude is horrible even though you haven't seen him play in the NFL because he's backing up Drew Brees who is one of the top 5 QB's in the league. I could care less what college he went to but it's not like the end of the world if the guy started an NFL game. Hell, I think Blaine Gabbert is absolutely horrible and I would never want him anywhere around the Chiefs. There have been plenty of terrible QB's that have started for the Chiefs. Palko, Thigpen, Cassel, Croyle, Huard and soon to be Alex Smith. Daniel is probably a decent backup but he won't win any playoff games, either.

Btw, the dude hasn't bounced around the NFL. He went undrafted, and has been with the Saints since 2009 and has been the second stringer with them since 2010. As far as being a midget, he's the same height as Russel Wilson and Drew Brees.

Mav
05-06-2013, 09:49 PM
8-8 is still a shitty team. Get real.

8-8 when the team was just 2-14? Seriously?

ChiefsCountry
05-06-2013, 09:50 PM

10-6 and 7-9 before that get the fuck out of here.

Mav
05-06-2013, 09:52 PM
10-6 and 7-9 before that get the **** out of here.

Oh cool. So we can go back what a decade? The point is. The chiefs were 2-14 last year. 8-8, is a 6 game improvement. But, alas, you are going to win more than 8. 9, is about the worst i see. Shrugs. What do i know, im just a shit bag niner fan who can find more positive with your team than the so called fans. Please, feel free to take what I say, as nothing more than bullshit....

i am after all, a troll, a mult, a douche, a prick, and a waste of cp space....

ThadEugenia
05-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Oh cool. So we can go back what a decade? The point is. The chiefs were 2-14 last year. 8-8, is a 6 game improvement. But, alas, you are going to win more than 8. 9, is about the worst i see. Shrugs. What do i know, im just a shit bag niner fan who can find more positive with your team than the so called fans. Please, feel free to take what I say, as nothing more than bullshit....

i am after all, a troll, a mult, a douche, a prick, and a waste of cp space....

No. I'm giving Alex Smith 5 years to prove his worth - be it on the bench or in the saddle. Not all Chiefs fans suck the long dick of the SOC movement.

BossChief
05-06-2013, 09:59 PM
If Alex Myth proves that he was an ascending player in 2012 before getting benched/injured and that he can sustain that level of play over the course of 5-7 years, then we got a steal.

If he is replaced in the next 2 years, it was no better than Andy Reid taking Danny Watkins in the first round.

Mav
05-06-2013, 09:59 PM
No. I'm giving Alex Smith 5 years to prove his worth - be it on the bench or in the saddle. Not all Chiefs fans suck the long dick of the SOC movement.

He wont need that long. Not saying that he will win a super bowl, but i fully predict, and expect the chiefs to make the playoffs......

Mav
05-06-2013, 10:00 PM
If Alex Myth proves that he was an ascending player in 2012 before getting benches and that he can sustain that level of play over the course of 5-7 years, then we got a steal.

If he is replaced in the next 2 years, it was no worse than Andy Reid taking Danny Watkins in the first round.

You think so? But what if the guy who replaces Alex Smith is indeed your QBOTF, and Alex helps mold him. Isnt that worth it?

mcaj22
05-06-2013, 10:00 PM
What kind of fans are you to give Alex Smith a 5 year window?

you will not give him a 5 year window. Soon as he has a bad year (year 1, obviously) you will turn on him. The same way we did Matt Cassel after 2 or 3 years and he had like a ****ing 6 year deal, at the time it was signed, people were excited for.

Same concept here. Same shitty-like QB that will bring the Chiefs nothing

GoChargers
05-06-2013, 10:01 PM

8-8 is still shitty, except you get a shitty draft pick to go along with your shitty team. If you're going to fail, fail hard.

ThadEugenia
He wont need that long. Not saying that he will win a super bowl, but i fully predict, and expect the chiefs to make the playoffs......

He could win. He could not. Both options. We'll see. I'm just giving Mr. Smith the time of day. Reid went with him for a reason. I see the prowess growing.

GoChargers
You think so? But what if the guy who replaces Alex Smith is indeed your QBOTF, and Alex helps mold him. Isnt that worth it?

I would not want a mediocre game-managing loser like Alice Smiff anywhere near my QBOTF if I were in charge of an NFL team.

ThadEugenia
05-06-2013, 10:02 PM

you will not give him a 5 year window. Soon as he has a bad year (year 1, obviously) you will turn on him. The same way you dude Matt Cassel after 2 or 3 years and he had like a ****ing 6 year deal

The Chiefs now have a quarterback who has been to an NFC championship game. Matt Cassel? Hard worker, bad player. Alex Smith? Hard worker, great player. Team Leader.

ThadEugenia
05-06-2013, 10:02 PM
I would not want a mediocre game-managing loser like Alice Smiff anywhere near my QBOTF if I were in charge of an NFL team.

Phillip Winters noodle arm doesn't compare.

mcaj22
05-06-2013, 10:03 PM
The Chiefs now have a quarterback who has been to an NFC championship game. Matt Cassel? Hard worker, bad player. Alex Smith? Hard worker, great player. Team Leader.

it took him 7 years to get there, and the best roster in the NFL to carry him

Mav
8-8 is still shitty, except you get a shitty draft pick to go along with your shitty team. If you're going to fail, fail hard.

I just dont see it. Too much, starting with the Coaching was put in place. The defense will be improved, provided Berry and Flowers can stay healthy. Have you SEEN the raiders? And no offense, im not in the mood to poke fun at anyone, but the chargers have a lot to prove as well. There is no reason with the Afc being down as it is, with only really the Patriots, Broncos, and Texans as top heavies, the chiefs have no reason not to be competitive...

Spott

you will not give him a 5 year window. Soon as he has a bad year (year 1, obviously) you will turn on him. The same way we did Matt Cassel after 2 or 3 years and he had like a ****ing 6 year deal, at the time it was signed, people were excited for.

Same concept here. Same shitty-like QB that will bring the Chiefs nothing

A 5 year window on top of the 8 year window he's already been given. Apparently 13 years is how long it takes to determine if a QB is anything more than mediocre.

Mav
05-06-2013, 10:04 PM

You dont? How is that QBOTF in san francisco looking right now? Guess who gets a ton of the credit for mentoring him......

ThadEugenia
05-06-2013, 10:04 PM

Rich Gannon also took his sweet time. I don't see anyone complaining.

BossChief
05-06-2013, 10:05 PM

Haha

That's the job if Pederson, Reid and Childress.

I'd like to add that after the Kaepernick situation, I doubt Alex Myth will be as willing to take a guy like Bray "under his wing"

mcaj22
05-06-2013, 10:06 PM
QBs in the AFC that can beat Alex Smith

Tom Brady
maybe Geno Smith
maybe Ryan Tannehill
maybe EJ Manuel
Big Ben
Joe Flacco
Andy Dalton
Matt Schaub
Andrew Luck
Peyton Manning
maybe Phillip Rivers

he's not beating any of those guys in a game. No chance.

GoChargers
You dont? How is that QBOTF in san francisco looking right now? Guess who gets a ton of the credit for mentoring him......

I'm pretty sure nobody but you gives Alice Smiff credit for Kaepernick's success.

Mav

Yeah. How many years with quality coaching did it take him to get to the NFCCG? With only two weapons in the passing game? Where is this best roster bullshit you are spouting. No one on planet earth thought the 49ers had the best roster in the NFL prior to 2011. NO ONE. Coaching made all the difference to get the best out of the team. You dont see that?

ThadEugenia
05-06-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm pretty sure nobody but you gives Alice Smiff credit for Kaepernick's success.

Let's see how he does with more than a half season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2013, 10:08 PM

LMAO "five years"....trollolololololol
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
05-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Yeah. How many years with quality coaching did it take him to get to the NFCCG? With only two weapons in the passing game? Where is this best roster bullshit you are spouting. No one on planet earth thought the 49ers had the best roster in the NFL prior to 2011. NO ONE. Coaching made all the difference to get the best out of the team. You dont see that?

correct, you are proving my point

Alex Smith is now reverting back to that same model. The Chiefs are not and are far from the 2011 49ers roster and Andy Reid is no where close to Harbaugh

We dont have the best roster in the NFL and we dont have a premier coach. We have a average to good roster and a good coach that depend on a GOOD QB to carry it. Alex Smith cannot carry a good roster. A great roster has to carry Alex Smith.

GoChargers
And no offense, im not in the mood to poke fun at anyone, but the chargers have a lot to prove as well.

I'm hoping they prove they're atrocious enough to draft Clowney.

BossChief

You heard it here first, folks.

Alex Myth = Great player

Mav
05-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Haha

That's the job if Pederson, Reid and Childress.

I'd like to add that after the Kaepernick situation, I doubt Alex Myth will be as willing to take a guy like Bray "under his wing"

This is exactly why I thought when i came to sign up here, I thought i could share. Alex Smith is not a me first guy. he will help anyone. GUARANTEED, hes probably helping Tyler Bray NOW. Thats just the way he is. He is team first. Alex Smith, even after he LOST his job, was still helping Kaep. So much so that Kaep, Harbs, and Roman, said that Alex was doing more coaching of Kaep in the playoffs, than they were.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765621365/Smith-handles-media-blitz.html?pg=all
NEW ORLEANS — Wave after wave they came at 49ers quarterback Alex Smith, as unrelenting as the Baltimore Ravens' defense.

Smith stood tall amid the crush of media day reporters Tuesday at the Superdome. His was strictly a ground-level session, while some 30 yards away, Colin Kaepernick answered questions at an elevated podium along with coach Jim Harbaugh and 12 other high-profile 49ers.

It's been that way since Week 11, when Smith was held out with a concussion and Kaepernick flourished against the Chicago Bears, providing the impetus for Harbaugh to replace a starting quarterback who was completing 70.2 percent of his passes.

Smith still is enough of a story to generate considerable media interest, with hundreds of reporters taking turns getting close enough to watch and listen to him play the good soldier.

The only trace of an edge came when it was suggested that perhaps Smith ought to be rooting for Kaepernick to throw five interceptions Sunday in Super Bowl XLVII.

"I think that's disgusting. Why do you play football?" Smith said. "Why do you play a team sport? If it's all about yourself, go play golf or tennis. I'm not saying all this has been easy. It hasn't. But if you can't be happy for a teammate's success, there's something wrong with you."

Smith unwittingly made the news cycle Monday when Profootballtalk.com reported he would demand a release rather than wait for a possible trade. Smith is due a $7.5 million bonus should he be on the roster April 1, giving the 49ers incentive to move him.

"I don't know where this stuff comes from," Smith said, labeling the information "ridiculous."

Harbaugh said Monday that Smith has been doing as much coaching for Kaepernick as anyone else. Smith shrugged off the compliment, but quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst said Smith's familiarity with Utah's spread offense has made for valuable contributions since the 49ers have added elements of the pistol and spread formations.

"He's actually watching tape and saying, 'We might want to do this, we might want to go there,'"?" Chryst said. "It's a testament to who he is and how he's wired."

Scott Tolzien, the 49ers' No. 3 quarterback, said he could "write an essay about what it means to be a pro just from watching Alex. The most impressive thing to me is that when he wasn't starting, nothing changed in our quarterback room. I mean, nothing."

Offensive coordinator Greg Roman credited Smith's tutoring of Kaepernick and also leans on Smith in terms of strategy.

."

Sweet Daddy Hate
He could win. He could not. Both options. We'll see. I'm just giving Mr. Smith the time of day. Reid went with him for a reason. I see the prowess growing.

LMAO don't ever kill this mult.
Posted via Mobile Device

GoChargers
Alex Smith? Hard worker, great player. Team Leader.

ROFL

ThadEugenia
05-06-2013, 10:12 PM
ROFL

What was that? Was it the sound of Phillip Winters throwing another interception? I think so.

BossChief
05-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Phillip Rivers > Alex Myth

GoChargers
05-06-2013, 10:14 PM
What was that? Was it the sound of Phillip Winters throwing another interception? I think so.

I hope he throws 30 picks a game. Anything to get Clowney into a Chargers uniform.

Mav
05-06-2013, 10:15 PM
correct, you are proving my point

Alex Smith is now reverting back to that same model. The Chiefs are not and are far from the 2011 49ers roster and Andy Reid is no where close to Harbaugh

We dont have the best roster in the NFL and we dont have a premier coach. We have a average to good roster and a good coach that depend on a GOOD QB to carry it. Alex Smith cannot carry a good roster. A great roster has to carry Alex Smith.

McNabb was GREAT? He left the eagles, to two teams that RAN the same system he ran his entire career, and was absolutely AWFUL.

What happened to the eagles, was jim johnson died. They fired Tom Heckert, and left that lunatic Joe banner in charge. His ego was so big that he didnt know how to draft. They tried to buy a championship, instead of doing what heckert had done, which was build the roster with drafted players.

Im not going to fight this fight. The bottom line is this.

In 2011, the offseason prior, they had the lockout. Jim Harbaugh came in with limited roster knowledge. They put every player on their team in a position to be successful, including Alex Smith.

Now, maybe you are right. maybe Andy Reid is completely crazy, and he completely unleashes alex smith. That would be horrible. But, if he coddles alex a little bit, relies on JC, relies on his AMAZING special teams, his defense, and alex doesnt turn the ball over, there is no reason that the chiefs, cant have similar results that the 49ers had. I could be completely delusional. I think the Chiefs are an extremely talented team. You have a top 10 receiver, a top 5 running back, a top 10 oline. No excuses....

patteeu
05-06-2013, 10:15 PM
What a ridiculous post.

It was a question... which you sidestepped.

ThadEugenia
05-06-2013, 10:16 PM
I hope he throws 30 picks a game. Anything to get Clowney into a Chargers uniform.

Chargers prediction: 0-16, Phillip Winters stays.

GoChargers
05-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Now, maybe you are right. maybe Andy Reid is completely crazy, and he completely unleashes alex smith. That would be horrible. But, if he coddles alex a little bit

See, you're missing the point. You cannot win big in this league if you have a quarterback who needs to be coddled and can't be "unleashed." It just isn't done anymore outside of once-in-a-lifetime circumstances like that insane 2000 Ravens defense.

GoChargers
05-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Chargers prediction: 0-16

Hope so.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/cWDldcON_MdRVryJYiQKGQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/USA_Today/20130125_kkt_sv7_824-179a15b5e03b15704f84ccc10f44c7cb

Mav
05-06-2013, 10:19 PM
See, you're missing the point. You cannot win big in this league if you have a quarterback who needs to be coddled and can't be "unleashed." It just isn't done anymore outside of once-in-a-lifetime circumstances like that insane 2000 Ravens defense.

Im not missing the point. I am also not predicting that the Chiefs will win the super bowl this year, or with Alex Smith at qb. What I am saying, is that Alex Smith will be a positive for the Chiefs, and if they do have, (bray) or draft a qbotf, that alex smith will be a positive for that guy.

Not saying hes better than Phillip Rivers. Im not saying that he is a top 15 qb. I am saying he is serviceable until Andy Reids qbotf is ready to take over.......

ThadEugenia
05-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Hope so.

No QB. No wins. Chargers suck forever.

BossChief
05-06-2013, 10:23 PM
I dont have time to answer ridiculous questions.

You countered "damn, we lose a second if we go 8-8?"

With

"would you be more happy if we would lose a second anyway...and would lose even more if more shit happens?"

It's completely pointless to address that drivel.

ThadEugenia
05-06-2013, 10:25 PM

With

"would you be more happy if we would lose a second anyway...and would lose even more if more shit happens?"

The winner of this argument is clear.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2013, 10:33 PM
The winner of this argument is clear.

As is the loser in this scphincter-violating trade...
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
05-06-2013, 10:46 PM

With

You seem to be overly fixated on the escalator. There's not that much difference between 8-8 and merely making the playoffs in terms of whether or not a QB has proven his value, but for you it seems to be of monumental importance. It makes very little sense, particularly coming from someone who wanted to spend even more on an immature schmuck that had QB hungry teams looking for offensive linemen in the top 10.

Mav
05-06-2013, 10:48 PM
durp.

Chiefshrink
05-06-2013, 10:57 PM
i don't give a shit about people's fee fees

i'm trying to make dumb people understand their own insane stupidity

using 8-8 as benchmark of value is insane...and the Chiefs did it

and it is ****ing stupid

No leverage is what you seem to not understand when negotiating. If we had some type of leverage and not in such a vulnerable position of extreme need then your argument is totally right on the mark. But when there is one side that lacks any leverage and is in dire straits of needing a QB that can at least win now that side will always pay a lot more in cost because of the vulnerabilities involved. It's the way of the free market system. Supply and demand that just so happens to occur in the NFL as well as in the general business world. Hell, I applaud the 49er GM because I would expect Dorsey to demand a King's Ransom as well if the shoe were on the other foot. It's called staying on top !!!

BossChief
05-06-2013, 11:02 PM
You seem to be overly fixated on the escalator. There's not that much difference between 8-8 and merely making the playoffs in terms of whether or not a QB has proven his value, but for you it seems to be of monumental importance. It makes very little sense, particularly coming from someone who wanted to spend even more on an immature schmuck that had QB hungry teams looking for offensive linemen in the top 10.Hahaha

Yeah, I'm a fool for wanting to draft our quarterback rarer than trade for another backup from SF.

There's a fucking reason why the details of this trade have been so hard to come by the whole time.

Embarrassment.

You know what's truly sad?

Matt Cassel showed more in 2008 than Alex Myth has in his career and ***** spent HALF of what Dorsey did to get his guy.

Chiefshrink
05-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Then we should have gone for a cheaper option.

Alex Smith is better than Carson Palmer, Matt Flynn, and a few others.

There's no way in hell he's good enough for the price that Dorsey paid.

If the 49ers want to be dicks and jack up the price the way they did, Dorsey needed to tell them to go **** off and go with someone else. Especially since it's pretty apparent Alex Smith is not the long-term solution in KC. Matt Flynn serves the exact same goddamn function and could have been had for our 4th rounder.

There was no cheaper option that allows Clark to win now. AS has 1 and 1/2 yrs of productive winning at the QB position. Flynn has one big game:rolleyes: .

49ers being dicks ???? I would hope Dorsey would have been a 'big tool' as well if the situations were reversed. Dorsey wasn't in a position of leverage to tell the 9ers to "suck it". It's called taking advantage of the market place that allows you to stay on top in a very competitive environment.

patteeu
05-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Hahaha

Yeah, I'm a fool for wanting to draft our quarterback rarer than trade for another backup from SF.

There's a ****ing reason why the details of this trade have been so hard to come by the whole time.

Embarrassment.

You know what's truly sad?

Matt Cassel showed more in 2008 than Alex Myth has in his career and ***** spent HALF of what Dorsey did to get his guy.

You build a whole fantasy world around your thoughts, don't you. Knock yourself out.

BossChief
05-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Tap out acknowledged.

patteeu
05-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Tap out acknowledged.

Yeah, you really showed me. Keep up the good work, champ.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Your definitions of "win now" are far different than mine. A guy who can get a team to win now is Peyton Manning w/ last year's Broncos, not Alex Smith. The entire problem with the trade is that it's a substantial overpay for a player of limited skill and impact.

Do you really believe that Alex Smith is all of a sudden going to be the kind of guy who puts a team on his back when he had an elite running game, defense, and coach just to appear like a passable QB (who was benched at the first available opportunity, no less)?

Smith isn't some kind of prospect, he's a known commodity. Congratulations, Chiefs Fans, you just sunk a sizable portion of your investment portfolio in Sears.

Kaepernick
05-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Dude the trade got even better on draft day for you. 49ers traded down and they got Tennessee's 3rd next year as well.

Chiefs Second
Titans Third
for Alex Smith. Damn 49ers raped.

Truth.

This is what KC got the 49ers in exchange for Alex.

2013 Tank Carradine
2014 KC's overall pick #50 give or take
2014 Titans' overall pick #75 give or take

For an $8,000,000 a year backup we had to cut anyway.

Thank you! I'm not ungrateful...

Chiefshrink
05-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Your definitions of "win now" are far different than mine. A guy who can get a team to win now is Peyton Manning w/ last year's Broncos, not Alex Smith. The entire problem with the trade is that it's a substantial overpay for a player of limited skill and impact.

Do you really believe that Alex Smith is all of a sudden going to be the kind of guy who puts a team on his back when he had an elite running game, defense, and coach just to appear like a passable QB (who was benched at the first available opportunity, no less)?

Smith isn't some kind of prospect, he's a known commodity. Congratulations, Chiefs Fans, you just sunk a sizable portion of your investment portfolio in Sears.

Hey, I didn't like this trade anymore than you did and what we had to give up. BUT we had "zero leverage" at all levels. Cassel is on your roster, no sure fire "Luck" in the draft with the No.1 pick, only one decent FA QB on the market that everyone else wants, a new regime that has to win now(more wins than last year) and the biggest exposure of vulnerability is the fact we have NO QB and a trading partner who knows all these vulnerabilities and takes us to the woodshed for it as they should if the shoe were on the other foot.

Andy already knew this QB class sucked and there were no other FA QBs except for AS that could get the Chiefs back to being at least competitive and possibly making the playoffs. Yes the "winning now" definition should be SB bound and nothing else I agree. But Andy knows just more wins at this point putting butts back in the seats and establishing a winning culture has to be the first order of business and unfortunately AS is the only option at QB for getting this ball rolling in the right direction.

RealSNR
05-07-2013, 12:29 AM
There was no cheaper option that allows Clark to win now. AS has 1 and 1/2 yrs of productive winning at the QB position. Flynn has one big game:rolleyes: .

49ers being dicks ???? I would hope Dorsey would have been a 'big tool' as well if the situations were reversed. Dorsey wasn't in a position of leverage to tell the 9ers to "suck it". It's called taking advantage of the market place that allows you to stay on top in a very competitive environment.

According to Reid and Dorsey, 8-8 is "winning now."

We could "win now" with Matt Flynn.

It's obvious to me that the Chiefs should worry less about winning now and worry more about winning in the future. Without a real QB in the future, the team will only ever aspire to become the 2010 Chiefs once every four years. That's the average occurrence of a favorable enough schedule that allows a team with an above average defense, fantastic running game, and game manager QB to make the playoffs.

With excellent drafting to fill out the remaining holes in the roster, we MIGHT just be lucky enough to be the current state of the Cincinnati Bengals, who come up just short of a playoff win every season.

More is needed out of the QB position than Alex Smith. Some other options (INCLUDING THE GODDAMN DRAFT REGARDLESS OF THE PERCEIVED QUALITY OF QBS) absolutely need to be considered in order to find the right guy.

For now, Reid and Dorsey gave up. They're punting on the QB issue for 2013.

And that's simply not good enough. They're too chickenshit to even try Matt Barkley in the late 3rd round, but will give up 2 2nds for Alex Smith.

That's the unreality of this entire nightmare. We brought in a couple of supposed QB gurus as the head of our organization. They weren't supposed to pull Martyocre bullshit like this.

05-07-2013, 12:30 AM
AT least now we know they will only get a 3rd from us.

Hootie
05-07-2013, 12:43 AM
I'm starting to agree.

I just read that 2-14 is better than 8-8...

the people on this board are fucking fantastic...

you know

until they start talking about Chiefs football

and then they all suck

Hootie
05-07-2013, 12:44 AM
I don't think I could ever handle another 2012. That was the worst season to be a fan in my life. The team wasn't even fucking competitive.

At least in the Thigpen year when we were dogshit we always kept the score close, you know, for the most part.

These games were just mentally taxing.

So if going 8-8 every year for the rest of my life is something that happens so I can avoid 2012 then sign me the fuck up.

Don't give a shit anymore. I'd like to enjoy my Sunday's again...at least some of them. Last year was miserable.

...and if we didn't get Alex Smith this year...who the FUCK would be our QB?

Hootie
05-07-2013, 12:46 AM
too chickenshit to try Matt Barkley?!

HELLO

HELLO

MATT BARKELY WENT IN THE 4TH FUCKING ROUND. APPARENTLY NO ONE WANTED MATT BARKLEY.

Matt Barkley, as a prospect, apparently sucks ass.

You're pining for Matt Barkley but aren't you the same guy who hated the idea of Kirk Cousins?!

what in the FUCK is the difference?

Good Christ you guys just bitch to bitch.

splatbass
05-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Hahaha

There's a ****ing reason why the details of this trade have been so hard to come by the whole time.

Embarrassment.

And this is your problem. You don't really care if Alex Smith is successful or not, and you won't even give him a chance, because you are embarrassed. What a crappy and insecure reason.

That fact that we didn't draft him has no relevance, and what prior 49ers QBs did in KC has no relevance, only his performance on the field does. And he hasn't even taken the field yet.

05-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Wait. Hootie is Hootie again? What the hell?

Hootie
05-07-2013, 12:48 AM
if you want to bitch about something, bitch about the fact we got the #1 pick in a draft with no elite QB prospects

that's a fair gripe

but don't complain that our new regime looked at the dogshit we had at QB and decided to make a move to go out and get the best available QB

not happy with the compensation? Cool. Whatever. I get it.

but then go and look at picks 30-50 the last 7 or 8 years and realize we probably traded, at best, a Brandon Flowers and Dexter McCluster for Alex Smith. One is a stud, one is a dud...oh well.

oh wait

I forgot

this is the same fan base who complains about players picked in the 5th-7th rounds

I forget sometimes that you're all dipshits

Hootie
05-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Wait. Hootie is Hootie again? What the hell?

yeah...it was a nice gesture done by Phil

I'd prefer going back to 'The Meat Dragon', but I'm not going to complain

Hootie
05-07-2013, 12:52 AM
but BACK TO THE POINT

the main problem I've had with the drafturbators over the year is they just pound their fist and scream things over and over and over and over again so the 'followers', incapable of thought or forming their own opinions, just take those and run and then 80% of the board just ruins every fucking football thread

GoChiefs LITERALLY tells us why a player is good or why a player sucks SOLELY using PFF...Alex Smith was the 8th best PFF QB in 2011 and was on the same pace in 2012.

...he never liked mentioning that though because it was a direct contradiction of everything he said about Alex Smith

Alex Smith is like a Matt Hasselbeck or Matt Schaub. Yeah, probably not going to win us a Super Bowl.

but fuck...what else did we expect this year? Who else was going to be our QB? We have Alex on contract for 2 years. If he sucks or get injured I'm pretty sure we'll move on and try and find another QB. Andy Reid has a pretty good history in this department.

In conclusion; shut the fuck up. Get lives. And stop ruining every fucking thread every fucking day.

Jerm
05-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Matt Hasselbeck should be a Super Bowl winner if Seattle hasn't got horribly fucked over and screwed in that Super Bowl....

I absolutely believe in the right system and right circumstances Alex Smith can win a Super Bowl. Is it likely? No.....but....could it happen? Yes.

splatbass
05-07-2013, 01:02 AM
if you want to bitch about something, bitch about the fact we got the #1 pick in a draft with no elite QB prospects

that's a fair gripe

but don't complain that our new regime looked at the dogshit we had at QB and decided to make a move to go out and get the best available QB

not happy with the compensation? Cool. Whatever. I get it.

but then go and look at picks 30-50 the last 7 or 8 years and realize we probably traded, at best, a Brandon Flowers and Dexter McCluster for Alex Smith. One is a stud, one is a dud...oh well.

oh wait

I forgot

this is the same fan base who complains about players picked in the 5th-7th rounds

I forget sometimes that you're all dipshits

These are the same guys that think that what Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac did 15 years ago with different players and different coaches is relevant to how Alex Smith will play this year. Geniuses they are not.

Hootie
05-07-2013, 01:06 AM
I mean I understand the frustrations...

but Alex Smith is WAY more comparable to Trent Green than Matt fucking Cassel

ChiefAshhole20
05-07-2013, 01:42 AM
This is Supply and Demand people. This offseason had the shittiest supply of quality QB's we have seen in years, and believe it or not, Alex Smith was far and away the best option through either the draft or FA if we want to put the best possible Offense on the field this year.

Even though he isn't elite, you are going to have to pay for the best of the crop, and that's what we did. And don't bitch about the fact that supposedly no other teams offered a 2nd, because if we learned anything from the whole Albert fiasco is that we have no idea what teams are truthfully offering for compensation in trades. For all we know, Arizona and Buffalo were both offering their 2nds, and we outbid them.

Just accept the fact that we drastically improved at both QB and HC, the two most important positions on the field, and enjoy the much more improved product that Clark has supplied us with.

05-07-2013, 01:54 AM
I mean I understand the frustrations...

but Alex Smith is WAY more comparable to Trent Green than Matt ****ing Cassel

Not sure I would go that far but I sure hope he can at least do some of what Trent did.

I just hope they don't sign him to an extension if he is only mediocre this year. That is my big worry.

RealSNR
05-07-2013, 01:57 AM
too chickenshit to try Matt Barkley?!

HELLO

HELLO

MATT BARKELY WENT IN THE 4TH FUCKING ROUND. APPARENTLY NO ONE WANTED MATT BARKLEY.

Matt Barkley, as a prospect, apparently sucks ass.

You're pining for Matt Barkley but aren't you the same guy who hated the idea of Kirk Cousins?!

what in the FUCK is the difference?

Good Christ you guys just bitch to bitch.

Okay, you're out of the drafturbator FF league again. Fucking douche.

Nobody was pining for Matt Barkley. I said we should give him a shot with a measly 3rd round pick. You know, the kind of pick that you've been arguing is fucking worthless for the past 3 weeks. If all those draft picks are ever good for is shoving them up our own asses, why not try drafting a QB like Matt Barkley with one?

Because Knile Davis is WAAAAAYYY more important than turning over extra stones for possible good QBs.

But you're right. The Chiefs have practically exhausted the draft of its QBs year after year. Ricky Stanzi, Brodie Croyle, and James Killian is enough! We don't need no fucking Matt Barkleys! That guy dropped to the 4th round! What a fucking worthless pile of crap.

Sooooooo glad we've got Knile Davis instead! That's way better for this team. Yep. Just Alex, Chase, and Tyler/Ricky. That's the way we want our QBs, and that's how it's gonna stay! Let's never make any plans to see if there's something better out there unless Andrew Luck falls to us in the 7th round, and only then if there isn't a Knile Davis available!

Jerm
05-07-2013, 02:37 AM
Okay, you're out of the drafturbator FF league again. Fucking douche.

Nobody was pining for Matt Barkley. I said we should give him a shot with a measly 3rd round pick. You know, the kind of pick that you've been arguing is fucking worthless for the past 3 weeks. If all those draft picks are ever good for is shoving them up our own asses, why not try drafting a QB like Matt Barkley with one?

Because Knile Davis is WAAAAAYYY more important than turning over extra stones for possible good QBs.

But you're right. The Chiefs have practically exhausted the draft of its QBs year after year. Ricky Stanzi, Brodie Croyle, and James Killian is enough! We don't need no fucking Matt Barkleys! That guy dropped to the 4th round! What a fucking worthless pile of crap.

Sooooooo glad we've got Knile Davis instead! That's way better for this team. Yep. Just Alex, Chase, and Tyler/Ricky. That's the way we want our QBs, and that's how it's gonna stay! Let's never make any plans to see if there's something better out there unless Andrew Luck falls to us in the 7th round, and only then if there isn't a Knile Davis available!

I do agree with this...def would've took Barkely 100 times out of 100 over Davis...at that pick there's absolutely no reason not to take a chance on him.

Hootie
05-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Okay, you're out of the drafturbator FF league again. ****ing douche.

Nobody was pining for Matt Barkley. I said we should give him a shot with a measly 3rd round pick. You know, the kind of pick that you've been arguing is ****ing worthless for the past 3 weeks. If all those draft picks are ever good for is shoving them up our own asses, why not try drafting a QB like Matt Barkley with one?

But you're right. The Chiefs have practically exhausted the draft of its QBs year after year. Ricky Stanzi, Brodie Croyle, and James Killian is enough! We don't need no ****ing Matt Barkleys! That guy dropped to the 4th round! What a ****ing worthless pile of crap.

if we would have taken Tyler Bray with that 4th round pick everyone would have been all fine and dandy

guess what

Tyler Bray is a Chief.

so just pretend we took him in the 3rd and be happy

Hootie
05-07-2013, 02:51 AM
and why waste a pick on Matt Barkley when, drafting him there, you pretty much guarantee him a roster spot on a roster where we would be just fine next year carrying only 2 QB's?

so to answer your question...that's why we didn't take Barkley with a "measly" 3rd round pick...

why waste a pick on a guy who would be fringe roster worthy in the 3rd round?

I've already stated that the thing 3rd-5th round draft picks are MOSTLY good for is they are cheap roster fillers for special teamers and perhaps fringe starters...or if you get lucky you land a Brandon Carr or Jared Allen (1 in 50s)...

no need in wasting that on a QB who apparently wasn't high on your draft board

The Bad Guy
05-07-2013, 04:59 AM
You all can't be serious with the argument being "he's a backup".

I can't blame Harbaugh for going with Kaep, I would too, but Alex Smith did not lose his job last year to Damon Huard here.

He's lightyears ahead of Cassel, so I don't see that comparison at all. If you've watched football the last 2 years, and remove the completed hatred over a player that hasn't played a snap here yet, you could probably see it too. He's not a slight upgrade over Cassel.

I wasn't thrilled initially with the trade, but what do I have to lose giving this at least a shot? The 2 guys I wanted here more than anyone I'm going to flame the fuck out of before a real game is played?

I'm with Hootie. Last year was a fucking atrocity. We didn't have a lead for 9 weeks, and the "let's suck for a draft pick" has resulted in us picking high in some of the worst drafts ever.

patteeu
05-07-2013, 05:06 AM
According to Reid and Dorsey, 8-8 is "winning now.

Link?

Never mind. I know there's no link to that :BS:

Which trade compensation would you have preferred?

a) A 2013 2nd plus a 2014 4th that escalates to a 3rd if the Chiefs double their wins and go 4-12.

b) A 2013 2nd plus a 2014 3rd that escalates to a 2nd if the Chiefs go 8-8.

c) A 2013 2nd plus a 2014 2nd that escalates to a 1st if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl.

I assume that you and BossChief find (c) the most attractive because of what you think it says about Andy Reid's aspirations for the 2014 season, right? You guys are real geniuses.

Hootie
05-07-2013, 05:16 AM
honestly

the whole thought process was probably something like

you guys barely won 2 games last year and didn't have a lead for 9 weeks

if Alex improves you by 6 games we're going to need an extra pick

I highly doubt Andy Reid and John Dorsey are shooting for 8-8

that's the dumbest fucking theory I've ever heard

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Where are all the Packer fans? We got the Pats with *****, Eagles with Reid, and 9er toads with Smith.

When do the Pack guys arrive?

Actually, I think the Eagles guys have been the best to come across.

I know a LOT of Packer fans, and most of them don't do computers yet. They are out hunting and waiting on snowmobile season to start again.

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 05:44 AM
What a crock of horseshit.

You don't build for the future by giving away draft picks.

A franchise that has won 29 games in 6 years shouldn't be looking for quick fixes. They should be looking long term. Instead, they are more worried about getting people to Arrowhead.

Clark is going to be surprised when there are still a ton of seats available on Sunday afternoons.
Actually if they win a few games I will be very surprised if the place doesn't sell out. If you read and listen to the opinions of the majority of the fanbase that I have seen, they are thrilled with what has happened. Alex Smith FTW and drafting a tackle at 1.1 was the only move!

RealSNR
05-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Link?

a) A 2013 2nd plus a 2014 4th that escalates to a 3rd if the Chiefs double their wins and go 4-12.

c) A 2013 2nd plus a 2014 2nd that escalates to a 1st if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl.

I assume that you and BossChief find (c) the most attractive because of what you think it says about Andy Reid's aspirations for the 2014 season, right? You guys are real geniuses.
. <- The point

You

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Sac's still on pot.

I was a few minutes ago. Eat an apple every day, it helps regulate.

RunKC
05-07-2013, 06:09 AM
We could "win now" with Matt Flynn.

:LOL:

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 06:10 AM
10-6.

Yep, and ass raped in the playoffs.
Draft a DL first round of the draft, rinse and repeat, all is good.

MotherfuckerJones
05-07-2013, 06:16 AM
We wouldn't win shit with Flynn thus why Dorsey and Reid didn't go for him

SAUTO
05-07-2013, 06:36 AM
No, thats a guy who thinks he knows something, that he doesnt. The mods clearly stated that I am not a mult. I am not a chiefs fan. I watched far more than ONE chiefs game last year. Reasons? Brady Quinn, Peyton Hillis Romeo Crennel. So.........you can take your irrelevant opinion, and shove it up your stuck up ass. I have never tried to tell you about YOUR team. I have tried, to give some honest assestments about what kind of player alex smith is. The angry ones, are the ones who only see alex smith as a piece of garbage, who is not worth anything. especially two draft picks. Ie yourself. I said. I am here to talk football, nothing more. So, do yourself, and the rest of the board a favor, and ignore me.

bullshit. you have told us how albert is overrated, thats for sure.

go fuck yourself pussy

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2013, 06:46 AM

Sears my ass. I'm thinking "Dollar Tree" is a better descriptor.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
05-07-2013, 06:47 AM
We wouldn't win shit with Flynn thus why Dorsey and Reid didn't go for him

I'm not making the connection...

jd1020
05-07-2013, 06:48 AM
Sears my ass. I'm thinking "Dollar Tree" is a better descriptor.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dorsey went to the Dollar Tree and got to the cash register and said "No, no, no, no. That is way too cheap! Here's another $50."

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2013, 06:56 AM
but BACK TO THE POINT

the main problem I've had with the drafturbators over the year is they just pound their fist and scream things over and over and over and over again so the 'followers', incapable of thought or forming their own opinions, just take those and run and then 80% of the board just ruins every fucking football thread

GoChiefs LITERALLY tells us why a player is good or why a player sucks SOLELY using PFF...Alex Smith was the 8th best PFF QB in 2011 and was on the same pace in 2012.

...he never liked mentioning that though because it was a direct contradiction of everything he said about Alex Smith

Alex Smith is like a Matt Hasselbeck or Matt Schaub. Yeah, probably not going to win us a Super Bowl.

but fuck...what else did we expect this year? Who else was going to be our QB? We have Alex on contract for 2 years. If he sucks or get injured I'm pretty sure we'll move on and try and find another QB. Andy Reid has a pretty good history in this department.

In conclusion; shut the fuck up. Get lives. And stop ruining every fucking thread every fucking day.

No one gives a fuck about your "problems" with this board, you stupid little cunt. Every time you show up in a thread, the collective group IQ drops by double digits, so shut the fuck up, and fuck the fuck OFF.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Dorsey went to the Dollar Tree and got to the cash register and said "No, no, no, no. That is way too cheap! Here's another $50."

LMAO you can never pay too much for a quality Flaming Toilet Brush with which to rape your own ass I guess...
Posted via Mobile Device

crossbow
05-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Reality check:

This team is not going to win 8 games so there is nothing to worry about. If they had a real NFL QB they could but they don't so stop the worry.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Reality check:

This team is not going to win 8 games so there is nothing to worry about. If they had a real NFL QB they could but they don't so stop the worry.

Pretty much this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Roundup
05-07-2013, 07:26 AM
The Lounge should be renamed The Sky is Falling Lounge.

Rausch
05-07-2013, 07:27 AM
The Lounge should be renamed The Sky is Falling Lounge.

Yeah, because we're all wrong and the idea of this team sucking is based on fear and fear alone...

RunKC
05-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Let me get this straight..

We had one of the worst teams in NFL history last year and were fortunate to even win 2 games...and you guys are expecting playoffs as a certainty, like anything worse than thay is a failure. Yes we have some premier talent but holy hell.

If this team is playing for a playoff spot in December it's a huge improvement for year 1. The real improvement should come in year 2 IMO.

FWIW I think we can make the playoffs though, which would be huge.

SAUTO
05-07-2013, 07:32 AM

We had one of the worst teams in NFL history last year and were fortunate to even win 2 games...and you guys are expecting playoffs this year? Yes we have some premier talent but holy hell.

If this team is playing for a playoff spot in December it's a huge improvement for year 1. The real improvent should come in year 2 IMO.

I think we can make the playoffs though, which would be huge.

I dont even know what to say here.

first you act like people are stupid to be expecting playoffs, THEN you say you think we could make the playoffs this year...

good post

Rausch
05-07-2013, 07:34 AM

We had one of the worst teams in NFL history last year and were fortunate to even win 2 games...and you guys are expecting playoffs this year? Yes we have some premier talent but holy hell.

If this team is playing for a playoff spot in December it's a huge improvement for year 1. The real improvent should come in year 2 IMO.

When our new RT, H back, and injury-prone-fumbling-HB hit their true potential?...

Chief Roundup
05-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Yeah, because we're all wrong and the idea of this team sucking is based on fear and fear alone...

Yeah sure depends on who is posting around here. Some say we will not even make 500 some say we are going to the playoffs. Most of the people on here are screaming that they are right and everyone else is wrong. So one of those groups thinks the sky is falling.
I think it has more to do with people over reacting and not keeping in mind that this is just a football team that plays a game that is suppose to be fun.

Not like it is real life or anything for the fans.

Rausch
05-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Yeah sure depends on who is posting around here. Some say we will not even make 500 some say we are going to the playoffs. Most of the people on here are screaming that they are right and everyone else is wrong. So one of those groups thinks the sky is falling.
I think it has more to do with people over reacting and not keeping in mind that this is just a football team that plays a game that is suppose to be fun.

Not like it is real life or anything for the fans.

I think we go 7-9.

Just a respectable QB last year would have won 5 or 6.

This year we have a VERY easy schedule. We have a lot of talent...

RunKC
05-07-2013, 07:45 AM
I dont even know what to say here.

first you act like people are stupid to be expecting playoffs, THEN you say you think we could make the playoffs this year...

good post

We are capable of making the playoffs, but people thinking that anything less than the playoffs are a failure need to get real.

If we make a playoff push but still finish 8-8 or 9-7, that is a HUGE improvement for year 1.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 08:39 AM
but BACK TO THE POINT

the main problem I've had with the drafturbators over the year is they just pound their fist and scream things over and over and over and over again so the 'followers', incapable of thought or forming their own opinions, just take those and run and then 80% of the board just ruins every ****ing football thread

but ****...what else did we expect this year? Who else was going to be our QB? We have Alex on contract for 2 years. If he sucks or get injured I'm pretty sure we'll move on and try and find another QB. Andy Reid has a pretty good history in this department.

In conclusion; shut the **** up. Get lives. And stop ruining every ****ing thread every ****ing day.

You are awesome! .. and Steve Perry is awesome too! :clap:

patteeu
05-07-2013, 08:42 AM
. <- The point

You

. <- Question_____________________You -> :bolt:

RealSNR
05-07-2013, 08:57 AM
. <- Question_____________________You -> :bolt:

not rly

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Reality check:

yep, at best KC will get 6 wins this year

A Salt Weapon
05-07-2013, 09:03 AM
I don't know about you guys, but as much as I hate this trade, I'm finding myself okay with it now. I look at it like this:

We traded the 2014 2nd rd pick for Alex Smith
We drafted Bray in the second round of 2013

Yeah it's not what really happened, but it's the same result. And if that is how it happened, I believe everyone here would be fine with it.

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2013, 09:05 AM
yep, at best KC will get 6 wins this year

Yeah, and 2010 was supposed to suck. Some even predicted an 0-6 start.

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2013, 09:21 AM

look at the QB situation KC has a brittle player at the position as the starter Alex Smith has medical red flags such as a concussion history, bad knees, and recurrent throwing shoulder injuries which lead to surgery on it. Unless Daniel can carry the load when Smith goes down, 6-10 is very optimistic.

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 09:24 AM
The questions to really ask are... (1) how solid do you think the team as a whole is? ... and (2) do you feel Andy Reid is a good coach?

If the answer to both comes back positive? Then forget about last season's dismal record. With both answers being positive, then why not expect a winning record? Alex will do his part, but he won't likely carry a team that sucks in personnel around him +/or has poor coaching. (not many could in a year 1 offense, or maybe at any time)

What's been said has been said, but being hostile and nasty to other KC supporters isn't accomplishing anything. It just comes off as childish foot-stomping and pouting. Time to man up and believe in your team... at least until they give you substantial reason to throw in the towel. Forget the past BS, and fight on the side of your team.. not against them.

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 09:27 AM
I don't know about you guys, but as much as I hate this trade, I'm finding myself okay with it now. I look at it like this:

We traded the 2014 2nd rd pick for Alex Smith
We drafted Bray in the second round of 2013

Yeah it's not what really happened, but it's the same result. And if that is how it happened, I believe everyone here would be fine with it.

Meh. That's pretty much how the Donks explained away the Maurice Clarrett pick. "It was just a comp pick so it's okay to piss it away!"

The fact that you picked up a guy as an UDFA doesn't excuse pissing away 2nd round picks.

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 09:28 AM
The questions to really ask are... (1) how solid do you think the team as a whole is? ... and (2) do you feel Andy Reid is a good coach?

If the answer to both comes back positive? Then forget about last season's dismal record. With both answers being positive, then why not expect a winning record? Alex will do his part, but he won't likely carry a team that sucks in personnel around him +/or has poor coaching. (not many could in a year 1 offense, or maybe at any time)

What's been said has been said, but being hostile and nasty to other KC supporters isn't accomplishing anything. It just comes off as childish foot-stomping and pouting. Time to man up and believe in your team... at least until they give you substantial reason to throw in the towel. Forget the past BS, and fight on the side of your team.. not against them.

Go fist your mother.

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 09:30 AM
look at the QB situation KC has a brittle player at the position as the starter Alex Smith has medical red flags such as a concussion history, bad knees, and recurrent throwing shoulder injuries which lead to surgery on it. Unless Daniel can carry the load when Smith goes down, 6-10 is very optimistic.

That's a bit dramatic, really. Alex's ankles and shoulder is no more likely to take further injury than any other QB. That stuff is old news that has had plenty of time to heal. Not an issue anymore.

The concussion he suffered was pretty minor (as minor as they can get). For the poor pass pro he's endured over the dark years, he's pretty resilient... played every snap in 2006 and 2011.

If someone really wants to reach for negatives, then I get it... his history of injury can appear troubling. But I have watched him in every game, and he's a tough SOB... mentally and physically.

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 09:31 AM

2010 DID SUCK!

It was the worst possible thing that could happen. The team beat nobody and was very lucky to win 10 games.
Cassel played one good game that he actually looked like an NFL QB against Seattle.
It cemented Cassel and Pioli for three more years of wasting time and false hope.
The further 2010 got in the rear view mirror, the more people forgot just how those 10 games were won, and they kept saying Cassel had a good year and was a Pro Bowler.
It was Jamaal Charles going crazy in spite of Cassel, not because of Cassel.

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Go fist your mother.

a very boring and childish response... strive to be better than this.. :rolleyes:

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 09:38 AM
a very boring and childish response... strive to be better than this.. :rolleyes:

We've heard your bullshit already.

"Hey guys. Be happy with our trash! We already have a great QB that took us to a Superbowl, but we also have this guy that's not great, but better than what you had. So take him go from suck to average and be happy!"

It's old, it's tiring, and it's condescending. Now again, your time would be better spent with a good fisting of ma.

As far as I know we haven't had any fans of other QB needy teams saying how lucky we are to get a guy that in a career year was throwing for a buck eighty a game. Just a bunch of niner douche bags telling us how lucky we are to get to eat their steaming pile of shit.

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2013, 09:38 AM
That's a bit dramatic, really. Alex's ankles and shoulder is no more likely to take further injury than any other QB. That stuff is old news that has had plenty of time to heal. Not an issue anymore.

The concussion he suffered was pretty minor (as minor as they can get). For the poor pass pro he's endured over the dark years, he's pretty resilient... played every snap in 2006 and 2011.

If someone really wants to reach for negatives, then I get it... his history of injury can appear troubling. But I have watched him in every game, and he's a tough SOB... mentally and physically.

Smith has started two more games than Matt Cassel, and Alex had 4 year head start at that too. The guy is a walking mash unit, and has only completed two full seasons as a 1st string QB.

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Smith has started two more games than Matt Cassel, and Alex had 4 year head start at that too. The guy is a walking mash unit, and has only completed two full seasons as a 1st string QB.

We are supposed to be happy about this! Yeah, more wasted seasons and talent. Woot!

patteeu
05-07-2013, 09:49 AM
We've heard your bullshit already.

"Hey guys. Be happy with our trash! We already have a great QB that took us to a Superbowl, but we also have this guy that's not great, but better than what you had. So take him go from suck to average and be happy!"

It's old, it's tiring, and it's condescending. Now again, your time would be better spent with a good fisting of ma.

As far as I know we haven't had any fans of other QB needy teams saying how lucky we are to get a guy that in a career year was throwing for a buck eighty a game. Just a bunch of niner douche bags telling us how lucky we are to get to eat their steaming pile of shit.

It's hard to avoid condescension when you're dealing with people who are throwing irrational tantrums like toddlers.

ceebz
05-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Are people really excited about Bray? The kid is the prototypical underachiever. Zzzzzz

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 10:12 AM
It's hard to avoid condescension when you're dealing with people who are throwing irrational tantrums like toddlers.

You can only handle someone trying to tell you that the used Volvo they sold you is a brand new Vette for so long.

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Are people really excited about Bray? The kid is the prototypical underachiever. Zzzzzz
It's the life of a Chiefs fan.

Be happy with a re-tread proven failure, or hope like hell that they "catch lightning in a jug" with a 5th round to UFA pick up. **sigh**

I am all for the lightning in the jug, as the rest of this story has already been written several times.

ceebz
05-07-2013, 10:21 AM

Be happy with a re-tread proven failure, or hope like hell that they "catch lightning in a jug" with a 5th round to UFA pick up. **sigh**

I am all for the lightning in the jug, as the rest of this story has already been written several times.

Understood. However, Bray is Jeff George incarnate. Cannon for an arm, cat food for brains. Hoping that he'll all of a sudden "get it" as a pro, is just setting yourself up for more heartbreak.

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Understood. However, Bray is Jeff George incarnate. Cannon for an arm, cat food for brains. Hoping that he'll all of a sudden "get it" as a pro, is just setting yourself up for more heartbreak.

or he's Marino, it's all up to him if he wants to take this opportunity seriously

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 10:52 AM

Yeah, pretty much. I am shocked and disappointed that so many "fans" are quitting on their team before OTAs even begin. Alex has had a 92 QBR over the last few years, and was ranked in the top 10 the last couple years... "oh nooooezzz!!! He's a volvo! Booohoooo!!!"

It's much better to pout and stomp your feet than to instead, just be men about it and show some support. Brilliant!

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Yeah, pretty much. I am shocked and disappointed that so many "fans" are quitting on their team before OTAs even begin. Alex has had a 92 QBR over the last few years, and was ranked in the top 10 the last couple years... "oh nooooezzz!!! He's a volvo! Booohoooo!!!"

It's much better to pout and stomp your feet than to instead, just be men about it and show some support. Brilliant!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18lroax6o867tgif/ku-xlarge.gif

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 10:57 AM

Go fuck yourself and die in a fire. If following this team for 44 years and seeing them take the same fucking approach for 30 fucking years is quitting on them, you can kiss my ass. Get the fuck out of here.
Alex Smith is just the fourth fucking 9ers reject to get shipped to the Chiefs.

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Go **** yourself and die in a fire. If following this team for 44 years and seeing them take the same ****ing approach for 30 ****ing years is quitting on them, you can kiss my ass. Get the **** out of here.
Alex Smith is just the fourth ****ing 9ers reject to get shipped to the Chiefs.

There is nothing wrong with hand-me-downs/ 9ers fans.

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Go **** yourself and die in a fire. If following this team for 44 years and seeing them take the same ****ing approach for 30 ****ing years is quitting on them, you can kiss my ass. Get the **** out of here.

Not going anywhere. Now what ya gonna do, bigmouth crybaby?

SAUTO
05-07-2013, 11:15 AM

next this guy will be telling us all about how he has killed men in the army...:rolleyes:

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 11:19 AM

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 11:22 AM
next this guy will be telling us all about how he has killed men in the army...:rolleyes:

No need for that. No need for any of this hostility. Seems silly that people can't maturely discuss differences of opinion without resorting to cowardly insults and threats. Also seems silly that people can't just find a shred of optimism towards their team. And if they can't? Then why are they not the ones to "fuck off" and find some fishing or knitting forum to waste their opinions on? Can't get on board? Just GTFO then... as all of this pointless wailing is weak and pathetic.

BossChief
05-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Link?

I assume that you and BossChief find (c) the most attractive because of wh
at you think it says about Andy Reid's aspirations for the 2014 season, right? You guys are real geniuses.How about the fact that Schefter said no other team was willing to offer up 2 picks for Alex Myth?

How about a conditional 4th that turns into a first if we win a playoff game?

Nobody would be pissed.

Your post was just as ridiculous today as it was yesterday and everyone knows it

I can't blame Harbaugh for going with Kaep, I would too, but Alex Smith did not lose his job last year to Damon Huard here.

He's lightyears ahead of Cassel, so I don't see that comparison at all. If you've watched football the last 2 years, and remove the completed hatred over a player that hasn't played a snap here yet, you could probably see it too. He's not a slight upgrade over Cassel.

I wasn't thrilled initially with the trade, but what do I have to lose giving this at least a shot? The 2 guys I wanted here more than anyone I'm going to flame the fuck out of before a real game is played?

I'm with Hootie. Last year was a fucking atrocity. We didn't have a lead for 9 weeks, and the "let's suck for a draft pick" has resulted in us picking high in some of the worst drafts ever.
So, basically this team has been so piss poor over the last 6 years that you hope they get back to mediocre? That's understandable...I'd like to enjoy the games again, too.

Some 2003 magic would sure come in handy.

I'd also like to point out that you thought Cassel was a league MVP candidate in 2010...so it's not true that Alex Myth should be higher than him.

Shit, Cassels 2008 was as good or better than anything Alex Myth has ever done.

I too hope it works out, but the odds of it happening are slim to none.

Sorter
05-07-2013, 11:39 AM
or he's Marino, it's all up to him if he wants to take this opportunity seriously

He doesn't have the ball placement that Marino did coming out. Additionally, his release and footwork is worse.

He's a poor man's Cutler. It will be interesting to see if he can take advantage of this opportunity.

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2013, 11:45 AM
He doesn't have the ball placement that Marino did coming out. Additionally, his release and footwork is worse.

He's a poor man's Cutler. It will be interesting to see if he can take advantage of this opportunity.

when he set his feet he was a carbon copy when it came to ball placement, now he was inconsistent about it but every time I saw him when he was uniform with his footwork his placement was as good as any in college or the pros, and it didn't help him that his receivers had stone hands too.

ChiefsCountry
05-07-2013, 11:45 AM

Never noticed the guy jumping up and down on the right lol.

Sorter
05-07-2013, 11:48 AM
when he set his feet he was a carbon copy when it came to ball placement, now he was inconsistent about it but every time I saw him when he was uniform with his footwork his placement was as good as any in college or the pros, and it didn't help him that his receivers had stone hands too.

I think his placement was inaccurate even when he had solid drops (which was pretty rare).

His game vs. Georgia IIRC was one that stood out to me in that regard.

patteeu
05-07-2013, 11:49 AM
How about the fact that Schefter said no other team was willing to offer up 2 picks for Alex Myth?

Nobody would be pissed.

Your post was just as ridiculous today as it was yesterday and everyone knows it

You still won't answer my ridiculous question. Shocking.

None of us know what other offers were made to San Fran for Alex Smith, Schefter's report not withstanding. Furthermore, the Chiefs had no way of knowing what other offers we're out there and none of us know what the minimum San Fran would have taken was. All we know is that the Chiefs got the guy they targeted for a lower price than you were willing to pay for a guy who the most QB-starved teams in the NFL passed on twice in the draft.

But none of that has to do with the idiotic idea that a negotiated escalator on one of the picks somehow tells us what Andy Reid and John Dorsey hope to achieve or what they'll be satisfied with in 2014. My question actually has something to do with that incoherent theory, which is why neither you nor SNR will give an honest answer.

That's fine. I'm happy to leave it at that.

BigBeauford
05-07-2013, 11:49 AM
No need for that. No need for any of this hostility. Seems silly that people can't maturely discuss differences of opinion without resorting to cowardly insults and threats. Also seems silly that people can't just find a shred of optimism towards their team. And if they can't? Then why are they not the ones to "**** off" and find some fishing or knitting forum to waste their opinions on? Can't get on board? Just GTFO then... as all of this pointless wailing is weak and pathetic.

So if we go back a few years to when you guys were sucking, everything will be roses and sunshine right? No one badmouthing your organization? No? Then shut the fuck up and stay in your lane you worthless troll.

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2013, 11:52 AM
I think his placement was inaccurate even when he had solid drops (which was pretty rare).

His game vs. Georgia IIRC was one that stood out to me in that regard.

Patterson dropped perfectly thrown balls on a constant basis which would kill drives and Hunter was just as bad.

King_Chief_Fan
05-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Never noticed the guy jumping up and down on the right lol. not utnil you mentioned it....I was too busy watching Clayton and his family

kcxiv
05-07-2013, 11:53 AM
No need for that. No need for any of this hostility. Seems silly that people can't maturely discuss differences of opinion without resorting to cowardly insults and threats. Also seems silly that people can't just find a shred of optimism towards their team. And if they can't? Then why are they not the ones to "**** off" and find some fishing or knitting forum to waste their opinions on? Can't get on board? Just GTFO then... as all of this pointless wailing is weak and pathetic.

lol, We are Chiefs fans, same breath as the Lions and the Browns. Its hostile the fan base if you couldnt tell is fed up with all this incompetence of the last 43 fucking years.

Hell, they boo'ed their qb at the celebrity BASEBALL Game. So if any fan that has a winning organization comes and says something us Chiefs fans think is stupid. They are going to go off on em. lol

Messier
05-07-2013, 11:54 AM
How about the fact that Schefter said no other team was willing to offer up 2 picks for Alex Myth?

Nobody would be pissed.

So, basically this team has been so piss poor over the last 6 years that you hope they get back to mediocre? That's understandable...I'd like to enjoy the games again, too.

Some 2003 magic would sure come in handy.

I'd also like to point out that you thought Cassel was a league MVP candidate in 2010...so it's not true that Alex Myth should be higher than him.

Shit, Cassels 2008 was as good or better than anything Alex Myth has ever done.

I too hope it works out, but the odds of it happening are slim to none.

How is what Cassel did in 2008 better than anything Smith has ever done? That's a little ridiculous.

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Never noticed the guy jumping up and down on the right lol.

LMAO He looks like a buoy popping out of the water.

ChiefsCountry
05-07-2013, 12:01 PM

Another one look at the bitch standing up in the middle behind the guy with arms crossed. LMAO

So much fail in that gif.

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 12:14 PM

Seriously, why in the **** are you here? The 9ers board sick of you? You want to suck on Alex Smiths nuts? You can't hang with them? Is he your brother in law?

ChiefsCountry
05-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Seriously, why in the **** are you here? The 9ers board sick of you? You want to suck on Alex Smiths nuts? You can't hang with them?

LMAO

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 12:18 PM
So if we go back a few years to when you guys were sucking, everything will be roses and sunshine right? No one badmouthing your organization? No? Then shut the **** up and stay in your lane you worthless troll.

Sure, there are always a handful of crybabies here or there when things got dark, but not to the extent I am seeing here. We certainly wouldn't turn on the outsiders that come in and try to help us from the ledge. I think most KC fans if forced to would admit that your organization has upgraded your coaching and QB positions (even if just marginally, in your view). So why not take an optimistic approach about something? At least take a mature approach about anything. It's one thing to be a "current loser", but at least try and present yourselves with a trace of dignity to those who offer a more positive mentality about your team's chances.

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Seriously, why in the **** are you here? The 9ers board sick of you? You want to suck on Alex Smiths nuts? You can't hang with them? Is he your brother in law?

More cowardly words directed at someone who actually likes the Chiefs and feels you are getting better. Feel better? Think this makes you look like a tough guy representing yourself with class?

... and in truth, I am here because SF boards have gotten quiet and boring this time of the year. Because we are having success and have little to whine about? Absolutely, that's a large part of it.

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Sure, there are always a handful of crybabies here or there when things got dark, but not to the extent I am seeing here. We certainly wouldn't turn on the outsiders that come in and try to help us from the ledge. I think most KC fans if forced to would admit that your organization has upgraded your coaching and QB positions (even if just marginally, in your view). So why not take an optimistic approach about something? At least take a mature approach about anything. It's one thing to be a "current loser", but at least try and present yourselves with a trace of dignity to those who offer a more positive mentality about your team's chances.

Your and idiot.

BossChief
05-07-2013, 12:25 PM
The guy in the middle of that gif with his arms crossed looks like a "wanna get away" southwest commercial.

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 12:26 PM

LMAO. You guys should be happy! You're going from suck to mediocre!

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 12:26 PM
More cowardly words directed at someone who actually likes the Chiefs and feels you are getting better. Feel better? Think this makes you look like a tough guy representing yourself with class?

... and in truth, I am here because SF boards have gotten quiet and boring this time of the year. Because we are having success and have little to whine about? Absolutely, that's a large part of it.

Better? This team has been "better" many times. Some of us want the team to reach for "best" instead of settling for "better." Get it?

This team would have been better with JC taking direct snaps. This team would have been better with Bowe calling the plays. Better? Are you fucking kidding me?

We have seen your act many times with condescending fans from other teams coming in here and telling us how lucky we are to have their rejects. Some of us are sick of it.

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Better? This team has been "better" many times. Some of us want the team to reach for "best" instead of settling for "better." Get it?

This team would have been better with JC taking direct snaps. This team would have been better with Bowe calling the plays. Better? Are you ****ing kidding me?

We have seen your act many times with condescending fans from other teams coming in here and telling us how lucky we are to have their rejects. Some of us are sick of it.

I wonder if there are "TrueFans" over on the Vikings board telling them Matt Cassell got a raw deal in KC and will upgrade their QB situation?

Clay, make it so. We need some fresh entertainment.

Mav
05-07-2013, 12:29 PM
bullshit. you have told us how albert is overrated, thats for sure.

go **** yourself pussy
I never said that he was overrated. I said that CHIEFS FANS WERE OVERVALUING his importance. I proved to be right on that.
I'm not making the connection...
Matt Flynn, came from the same exact system that Andy Reid was in. As did Kevin Kolb, as did Carson Palmer. All would of come cheaper than Alex Smith. THey still chose to over pay for alex smith.
No shoulder issues since 2007. What ankle injuries? He had one concussion, and could of played in the following game. There are no medical red flags with alex smith.

Thats because you are simple. The 49ers built a POWER house with a coaching change, and the same inept piece of shit qb you hate...
He had absolutely AWFUL coaching in college. If he takes to the mentoring and coaching and learns how to be a professional, the sky is the limit.
Dont get it twisted. The majority of this board, cant get a word in edge wise because of the cry babies here. THE MAJORITY of Chiefs fans, know that Alex Smith was the best option this year, and that the chiefs are building for sustained success. Dont let the malcontents even bother you. Especially douches who tell you to fist your mother, or die in a fire. And defintely, ignore Jasonsauto, hes completely off his meds.

So if we go back a few years to when you guys were sucking, everything will be roses and sunshine right? No one badmouthing your organization? No? Then shut the **** up and stay in your lane you worthless troll.

Oh, we did. We sure did. Matter of fact, you should of seen the Jim Harbaugh is an idiot, he is bringing back alex smith, hes going to get himself fired.

Two fumbles by kyle williams away from the super bowl in his very first season, with alex smith as his qb......

HemiEd
05-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I wonder if there are "TrueFans" over on the Vikings board telling them Matt Cassell got a raw deal in KC and will upgrade their QB situation?
That is a great question, I bet there probably is.

I have a few friends from Minnesota that are Vikes fans and they seem kind of luke warm to Cassel. I would be pissed, but they are a lot more laid back than I am on the subject. I swear that guy was the the biggest fraud ever sold to a fan base.

Mav
05-07-2013, 12:33 PM

This team would have been better with JC taking direct snaps. This team would have been better with Bowe calling the plays. Better? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Kaepernick, is a condescending 49er fan. Yet, you guys rep the hell out of him, because he is saying what you feel, while making fun of you.

Guys like me, actually came here with positive intentions, and you shit all over us for it.

You really need to learn what CONDESCENDING is. You clearly have NO idea. You are just a bitter bitch who needs a coke and a smile, and hell, maybe get of the internet for a while.

-King-
05-07-2013, 12:33 PM

This. Are they saying that 2011 and 2012 shouldn't count like Alex Smith fans say 2005-2010 shouldn't count?

"HE HAD CRENNEL AS HEAD COACH AND BILL MUIR AND BRIAN DABOLL AS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR! NO QB WOULD HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN THAT SITUATION! "
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
05-07-2013, 12:34 PM

Probably not. The vikings fans on the most part, really really like ponder. For god knows what reason. But they have reason for optimism. They just crushed the draft, and signed greg jennings.

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 12:35 PM
That is a great question, I bet there probably is.

I have a few friends from Minnesota that are Vikes fans and they seem kind of luke warm to Cassel. I would be pissed, but they are a lot more laid back than I am on the subject. I swear that guy was the the biggest fraud ever sold to a fan base.

Someone should do it. They feel about Ponder they way most intelligent fans feel about Alex Smith so they might take the bait on some Cassell love LMAO

Clay, make it so. We need some fresh entertainment.

Sorter
Patterson dropped perfectly thrown balls on a constant basis which would kill drives and Hunter was just as bad.

Florida: 0:08, 0:16, 0:33 (footwork), ROFL @ Bray being raped by a FZ) 0:39, yikes at 1:40ish, the throw at the 1:59 is vintage Cutler and awesome on a mesh concept (OMG SEC will never use AR concepts), great punt 2:15, solid throw off PA at 2:28, not a bad fade to follow up, good pall placement on the slant at 3M, good throw at 3:10, good ball placement at 323, next two throws are either intentional throw aways IMO, great back shoulder on the TE at 3: 54, good check on a 4 verts concept at 4: 35, bad decision/footwork on the next throw, accurate on the slant at 5:19, throw away at 5:35, 5:40 is a good throw but the wrong read when you have cov0, great throw off poor footwork at 6:05, one of Patterson's drops at 6:26, poor overthrow at 6:40, drop by Hunter next play, average ball placement at the 7:08, sweet BS throw at 7:24, throw away/lack of progressions at 7:42, Bray isn't Tom Brady when it comes to sneaks, yuck at 8:07 although not Bray's fault, good check on 8:23, poor throw at 8:31 and 8:38, great ball placement at 8:46, meh on the next throw bad decision and his protection breaks down, great throw at 9:20, good throw and drop(1 handed) by Patterson at 9:35, meh on the next throw hit while throwing, good throw at 9:50, Cassel esque at 10:05, throw behind Hunter but correct read at 10:25, inaccurate/throw away? at 10:35, the rest are mostly desperation.

I did this quickly and didn't break down any of the route designs or coverages he was seeing as well. Additionally, its just 1 game. However, his ball placement is entirely erratic even when he has good footwork. There are throws that are perfect and others that are just horrific.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YYOICmvWRq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marcellus

I am more and more convinced that every person in this gif is an actor or a prop.

Mav
05-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Someone should do it. They feel about Ponder they way most intelligent fans feel about Alex Smith so they might take the bait on some Cassell love LMAO

Most intelligent Alex Smith fans? When alex came in towards the end of the season to do the kneel downs, the entire stadium, gave him a standing ovation, and chanted his name. Intelligent fans, respect alex smith, and appreciate him. You are the minority.

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Florida: 0:08, 0:16, 0:33 (footwork), ROFL @ Bray being raped by a FZ) 0:39, yikes at 1:40ish, the throw at the 1:59 is vintage Cutler and awesome on a mesh concept (OMG SEC will never use AR concepts), great punt 2:15, solid throw off PA at 2:28, not a bad fade to follow up, good pall placement on the slant at 3M, good throw at 3:10, good ball placement at 323, next two throws are either intentional throw aways IMO, great back shoulder on the TE at 3: 54, good check on a 4 verts concept at 4: 35, bad decision/footwork on the next throw, accurate on the slant at 5:19, throw away at 5:35, 5:40 is a good throw but the wrong read when you have cov0, great throw off poor footwork at 6:05, one of Patterson's drops at 6:26, poor overthrow at 6:40, drop by Hunter next play, average ball placement at the 7:08, sweet BS throw at 7:24, throw away/lack of progressions at 7:42, Bray isn't Tom Brady when it comes to sneaks, yuck at 8:07 although not Bray's fault, good check on 8:23, poor throw at 8:31 and 8:38, great ball placement at 8:46, meh on the next throw bad decision and his protection breaks down, great throw at 9:20, good throw and drop(1 handed) by Patterson at 9:35, meh on the next throw hit while throwing, good throw at 9:50, Cassel esque at 10:05, throw behind Hunter but correct read at 10:25, inaccurate/throw away? at 10:35, the rest are mostly desperation.

I did this quickly and didn't break down any of the route designs or coverages he was seeing as well. Additionally, its just 1 game. However, his ball placement is entirely erratic even when he has good footwork. There are throws that are perfect and others that are just horrific.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YYOICmvWRq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arkansas game, I saw was perfect example he threw great passes then started forcing it because of Patterson and Hunter's drops on 3rd down. These babies were right on their hands too.

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Most intelligent Alex Smith fans? When alex came in towards the end of the season to do the kneel downs, the entire stadium, gave him a standing ovation, and chanted his name. Intelligent fans, respect alex smith, and appreciate him. You are the minority.

I'm sure he is a very nice and likable guy. He is like Trent Green in that aspect, but that's where the similarities end.

Nobody dislikes Alex Smith the person and I can see how you can be an obsessed fan of his(although it's a bit creepy). The problem is he has a long track record of NOT being able to do what it takes to be an elite passer in the NFL. I'm also fine with that, but the big concern is Dorsey/Reid thinking this is their guy for the next 4-5 years. I'd rather see him suck ass so that isn't a possibility rather than tread water around 4-5 and put less effort into finding that 10 year top 10 QB the Franchise really needs.

I don't want to hear this wait and see shit for a 29 year old guy with a track record. At least Green had limited starts in the NFL when he was aquired so there was the possibility of upside. I'd rather have a career backup that maybe just needed to see the field than play it safe.

Fish
05-07-2013, 12:55 PM

It's sad that the only possible praise for Alex Smiff has to be followed by "Over the last few years", when he's been in the NFL for 8 years.....

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 01:03 PM
It's sad that the only possible praise for Alex Smiff has to be followed by "Over the last few years", when he's been in the NFL for 8 years.....

And the problem with that is his numbers got better when the attempts started to come down. If he was getting more attempts the last 2 years and shouldering more of the offense I would view this differently, but he was only servicable when he was reigned in.

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 01:04 PM

There are a ton of legit reasons for why that was... but when it comes right down to it... what does that matter? The thing that matters in the NFL is not what you couldn't do many years ago. It's about what you can do now. So you stating this is irrelevant. "Over the last few years"... Alex has been pretty good. All of these preconceived notions that have developed over the early years of his career have been cemented in people's minds still today... and that, is what is sad.

Dave Lane
05-07-2013, 01:10 PM

If you admit Alex Smith was a worthless pick up and a horrible quarterback and a waste of two second round draft picks you might get accepted here, that and shut the fuck up.

Dave Lane
05-07-2013, 01:11 PM
And the problem with that is his numbers got better when the attempts started to come down. If he was getting more attempts the last 2 years and shouldering more of the offense I would view this differently, but he was only servicable when he was reigned in.

Jim Harbaugh made Alex Smith Alex Smith until then he was Alex bust.

el borracho
05-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Do you know what is sad? That 49 fans feel the inexplicable need to visit a Chiefs message board and tell Chiefs fans how they should feel about acquiring 49er trash at a premium price.

'Niner/ Smith fans: "Alex isn't good enough to take the 49ers to the Super Bowl, but you Chiefs' fans should be happy to have him!"

jd1020
05-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Remember back in the day when Alex Smith had to "lead" more than a couple run heavy TD drives to win a game?

What was he? Like 3 for 30?

Not a fucking chance that ANY QB from this last draft matches that feat of excellence!

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Jim Harbaugh made Alex Smith Alex Smith until then he was Alex bust.

It looks like the magic that was Jim Harbaugh was simply playing Marty-Ball with Alex. Limit his attempts, keep the passes short, run the ball and play good defense. Alex once even made a Steve Bono type bootleg for a long TD run.

KCSLC2008
05-07-2013, 01:47 PM

Last four years of playing and 2006 is the range. His rookie year was awful but I don't see that returning. 2007 he was playing on a torn throwing shoulder that kept him out until 2009. He'll be better than 2006, but I included that as a worse case scenario.

KCSLC2008
05-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Why the **** do you idiots keep on saying this? Green had a 20 TD season before coming to the Chiefs. Alex Smith has NEVER done that. Green averaged 3 touchdowns a start in STL. Alex Smith doesn't even come close.

How the **** are they similar?

He hasn't played 16 games every year. That's a concern, but having 18 TDs in 10.5 games in 2009 makes me think this 20 TD mark is a bit exaggerative. That pace is good for 27 TDs. In 2010, he had 14 in 10.5 games, again giving him more than 20 (21) over 16 games. Last year, in a little over 8 full games, he had 13 TDs. Doing what he was doing, I would expect more than 20 over a full season (24 TDs).

In 2009, he replaced the starter mid season. The previous starter played 2008, the year Smith missed due to injury and kept the job until Smith replaced him. In 2010, Singletary did a QB carousel, not an injury. Alex missed one game due to the concussion, the rest was Harbaugh sticking with Kaepernick.

Assuming Reid likes Smith and won't bench him, in a pass-happy offense, he'll get the 20 TDs. Only one significant injury that has healed four years ago.

KCSLC2008
05-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Alex Smith averaged 180 yards a game in his "good seasons"

Oh and that asshole dumbass fan guy thinks we shouldn't worry about him getting hurt. He didn't think he will get injured here. He didn't get hurt under harbaugh as much...
Posted via Mobile Device

200 yards per game if you don't include coming in to kneel down in victory formation or the three quarters he didn't play in the concussion game.

200 is not great, just stats on box scores can shift numbers. No big deal, your point still stands.

SAUTO
05-07-2013, 02:15 PM
No need for that. No need for any of this hostility. Seems silly that people can't maturely discuss differences of opinion without resorting to cowardly insults and threats. Also seems silly that people can't just find a shred of optimism towards their team. And if they can't? Then why are they not the ones to "fuck off" and find some fishing or knitting forum to waste their opinions on? Can't get on board? Just GTFO then... as all of this pointless wailing is weak and pathetic.

your join date is this fucking month.

we have had all the civil discussions about retread QB's years ago.

dont like it? GTFO

KCSLC2008
05-07-2013, 02:17 PM
It's hard not to laugh at this. Even if they say that they want more than 8-8, and I'm certain that they *want* to finish better, revelations like this prove that they find 8-8 acceptable.

The difference between the Chiefs and other franchises isn't that the Chiefs don't want to win the Super Bowl. I'm sure they do. The Chiefs are different in that they accept and foster mediocrity as an adequate consolation prize.

Think about this way, if the Niners were asking for two seconds and the Chiefs were willing but wanted the third, this was a split that says the Niners will likely get what they asked, with the Chiefs willing, and some protection if Alex gets injured.

SAUTO
05-07-2013, 02:17 PM

i think Kapernick had it right the other day...

this is an alexsmithfan mult.

Sorter
05-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Arkansas game, I saw was perfect example he threw great passes then started forcing it because of Patterson and Hunter's drops on 3rd down. These babies were right on their hands too.

I'll watch it soon.

If I really get bored over this summer, maybe I'll breakdown a few games fully with coverages, fronts, routes, blocking, etc.

Spott
05-07-2013, 03:13 PM
your join date is this fucking month.

we have had all the civil discussions about retread QB's years ago.

dont like it? GTFO

Gotta love all the 49er fans coming over here and telling us to change our attitudes or leave as if this is 49erplanet.com.

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 03:16 PM
i think Kapernick had it right the other day...

this is an alexsmithfan mult.

Ahh. That makes sense now.

Jakemall
05-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Gotta love all the 49er fans coming over here and telling us to change our attitudes or leave as if this is 49erplanet.com.

Gotta love that most of the 49er fans are more optimistic about your team than you are. :thumb:

BigCatDaddy
05-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Gotta love that most of the 49er fans are more optimistic about your team than you are. :thumb:

Shows you how big of a dumbass they are :shrug:

-King-
05-07-2013, 03:23 PM

Who the fuck cares what 49ers fans think? They won more playoff games in the past 6 months than the Chiefs have won in 20 years. What they think of our team doesn't mean shit.

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Shows you how big of a dumbass they are :shrug:

Remember how Pats fans were educating us how awesome Cassel was/is.......that's good for sad painful laughs.

SAUTO
05-07-2013, 03:29 PM

It's bizarro world up in here.

Like I said (which daface disagrees with but also says he really doesn't care) kapernick had dealt with this loser previously and stated his m.o.

It's funny when someone jumps on fan boi and all the alexsmithdynasty and the like are right there to stick up for their boy/his self.

And yeah niners fans that have been here weeks our even days are comical telling US to gtfo OUR team site. The site we have been on for years.

Fuck these guys
Posted via Mobile Device

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 03:30 PM

Yep. Some of you should be ashamed to call yourselves Chiefs fans, and need a serious attitude adjustment. Your team would dick-slap you for being such pussies thus far.

If you admit Alex Smith was a worthless pick up and a horrible quarterback and a waste of two second round draft picks you might get accepted here, that and shut the **** up.

So to be accepted here, one must buy into the mentality that "all is doomed, but I'll still waste my time on a Chiefs forum, whining about how I know better than the decision-makers in charge of my team "...

Guess I'll choose to be unaccepted then. I have read every page in this thread, so I am well aware that there actually ARE reasonable and mature KC fans. It is to those fans I say "HELLO! and keep the faith!!! Go Chiefs!!!".

Spott
05-07-2013, 03:36 PM

Yeah, well they have been to 6 Super Bowls in the last 30 years, had 2 of the greatest QB's of all time, won 10 games a year for something like 15 straight seasons and are set to make another similar run. But we should feel optimistic because we are now on our 5th castoff 2nd string QB that we've gotten from them sandwiched between backups from the Rams, Dolphins, Eagles, Patriots and Seahawks.

Spott
05-07-2013, 03:41 PM
It's bizarro world up in here.

Like I said (which daface disagrees with but also says he really doesn't care) kapernick had dealt with this loser previously and stated his m.o.

It's funny when someone jumps on fan boi and all the alexsmithdynasty and the like are right there to stick up for their boy/his self.

And yeah niners fans that have been here weeks our even days are comical telling US to gtfo OUR team site. The site we have been on for years.

Fuck these guys
Posted via Mobile Device

Fuck every last one of them right in the ass with a rusty pitchfork infected with that incurable Hawaiian gonorrhea bug.

Of course the easier thing to do is put them all on ignore and the cease to exist anymore.

SAUTO
05-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Fuck every last one of them right in the ass with a rusty pitchfork infected with that incurable Hawaiian gonorrhea bug.

Of course the easier thing to do is put them all on ignore and the cease to exist anymore. the second is probably right.

but the first had more excitement
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
05-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Yep. Some of you should be ashamed to call yourselves Chiefs fans, and need a serious attitude adjustment. Your team would dick-slap you for being such pussies thus far.

So to be accepted here, one must buy into the mentality that "all is doomed, but I'll still waste my time on a Chiefs forum, whining about how I know better than the decision-makers in charge of my team "...

Guess I'll choose to be unaccepted then. I have read every page in this thread, so I am well aware that there actually ARE reasonable and mature KC fans. It is to those fans I say "HELLO! and keep the faith!!! Go Chiefs!!!".

just passing by

that's the patriots fan that arrived with Matt Cassel...i mean arrived with Matt Cassel's cock punching his duodenum

4 years of this epic **** tard lecturing us on how amazing Cassel was and how we just couldn't see it...lecturing us about our own god damn team, about which he knew nothing...

4 years of being the single most embarrassingly dumb poster on the planet...4 years of being dead wrong about everything (Marcellus-level dumb)

fast forward...one whole day...another worthless backup arrives, but this time he brings his own short bus of special fans...fans all wearing t-shirts from some mall kiosk that have a low-res photo of Smith's face underneath the words, "Backups Are People Too"

on behalf of Chiefsplanet, I'd like to welcome you...welcome you to throw yourselves, and your fat stupid ugly families into an industrial strength wood chipper

Hootie
05-07-2013, 05:25 PM
there are no similarities between Cassel and Smith

Eyemwilliam
05-07-2013, 05:29 PM
they gave up a ****ing second for going 8-8?

jesus christ this franchise is joke...."win now...8-8!...trade as many picks as necessary!"

We got HOODWINKED! 4th or 5th rnd pick at BEST should have been the second part of the deal, unless we win the division, or his stats are fantastic! Way too much for Alex

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Bengals fans following Palmer to Raider boards must have been a hoot.

Sorter
05-07-2013, 05:34 PM

Except their career stats.

Messier
05-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Except their career stats.

I think Cassels just about done adding to his.

-King-
05-07-2013, 05:38 PM

You're right. Cassel has done more in less starts.

Sorter
05-07-2013, 05:39 PM
I think Cassels just about done adding to his.

Sadly, some Minny fans hope that isn't the case.

Yikes.

splatbass
05-07-2013, 05:40 PM

Exactly, that is a disingenuous argument. He could be a starter on a lot of NFL teams. He was a backup for the last half season because of the circumstances in SF. That doesn't in any way mean he is not a starter quality QB in the NFL.

Messier
05-07-2013, 05:40 PM

What'd he do?

Spott
05-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Go fuck yourself and die in a fire. If following this team for 44 years and seeing them take the same fucking approach for 30 fucking years is quitting on them, you can kiss my ass. Get the fuck out of here.
Alex Smith is just the fourth fucking 9ers reject to get shipped to the Chiefs.

I agree with your post, but Alex Smith is actually the 5th 49er reject to come here.

DaneMcCloud
05-07-2013, 05:42 PM
I agree with your post, but Alex Smith is actually the 5th 49er reject to come here.

Montana, Bono and Smith were traded. Grbac was signed in free agency.

Who's the fifth?

Spott
05-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Montana, Bono and Smith were traded. Grbac was signed in free agency.

Who's the fifth?

Steve Deberg, although he was with the Buc's before the Chiefs.

Messier
05-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Steve Deberg.

He played in SF, but came from Tampa, I believe.

DaneMcCloud
05-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Steve Deberg.

DeBerg played for SF, Denver and Tampa Bay before landing in KC twelve years after his career began.

He wasn't acquired to run the West Coast offense created by Bill Walsh and run by Paul Hackett or Andy Reid.

I don't think he counts.

Hootie
05-07-2013, 05:48 PM
anyone that uses Alex Smith's first few years in the NFL to debate whether or not he is like Matt Cassel is just a fucking complete idiot.

Spott
05-07-2013, 05:48 PM
That's lame.

DeBerg played for SF, Denver and Tampa Bay before landing in KC twelve years after his career began.

He wasn't acquired to run the West Coast offense created by Bill Walsh and run by Paul Hackett or Andy Reid.

Again, lame.

Yeah, because being a backup for the Bucs last makes it any better. He was still a backup in SF for 4 years.

JohnnyV13
05-07-2013, 05:50 PM

I don't think he counts.

He did play in it though. Walsh implemented in WCO with DeBerg.

Hootie
05-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Alex Smith in 2011 and 2012 proved he was more comparable to a Matt Hasselbeck in his prime than anyone else.

Matt Cassel, even in his "good" year in 2010, was still negatively rated by PFF.

Alex Smith was the 8th best QB in 2011 on PFF. He was on pace to hit his exact same points production in 2012 before his concussion.

Again, the people comparing Cassel and Smith and concluding they are comparable are just complete, total idiots. So if you think that, and you're reading this, you're a fucking moron. Sucks to be you.

DaneMcCloud
05-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Yeah, because being a backup for the Bucs last makes it any better. He was still a backup in SF for 4 years.

You're being obtuse.

The Chiefs didn't sign Steve DeBerg to start and run the WCO. They signed him because all they had at the time was Bill Kenny. Also, Marty didn't like him, either, and acquired Steve freaking Peuller and Dave Krieg in an attempt to upgrade the position (which of course, failed).

This is completely different than trading a #1 for Montana, a 7 for Bono, signing Elvis Grbac and trading for Alex Smith.

Although JFC, once I typed that out, it sure does look pathetic.

-King-
05-07-2013, 05:52 PM
anyone that uses Alex Smith's first few years in the NFL to debate whether or not he is like Matt Cassel is just a fucking complete idiot.

Anyone who uses Cassels 2 years with Crennel, Bill Muir and Brian Daboll to debate is a fucking complete idiot.

If we can't use Alex Smith's early seasons because he had incompetent coaching, then we can't use Cassel's late seasons either.

Hammock Parties
05-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Again, the people comparing Cassel and Smith and concluding they are comparable are just complete, total idiots.

Not really, because they have comparable styles of play.

Both like to throw a lot of short passes.

Both have horrible pocket presence and take a lot of sacks.

Both have underwhelming physical talent.

To ignore these similarities is obtuse.

The main difference is that the last two seasons Alex Smith played on much, much better teams and received better coaching.

RunKC
05-07-2013, 05:54 PM

Cassel has won in the playoffs? When did this happen?

-King-
05-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Alex Smith in 2011 and 2012 proved he was more comparable to a Matt Hasselbeck in his prime than anyone else.

Matt Cassel, even in his "good" year in 2010, was still negatively rated by PFF.

Alex Smith was the 8th best QB in 2011 on PFF. He was on pace to hit his exact same points production in 2012 before his concussion.

Again, the people comparing Cassel and Smith and concluding they are comparable are just complete, total idiots. So if you think that, and you're reading this, you're a fucking moron. Sucks to be you.

LMAO So now PFF stats mean something.

BTW, in 2011 and 2012, Alex Smith was the most conservative QB in the league. And it wasn't even close. That's why he ranked so high.

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 05:55 PM
just passing by

that's the patriots fan that arrived with Matt Cassel...i mean arrived with Matt Cassel's cock punching his duodenum

4 years of this epic **** tard lecturing us on how amazing Cassel was and how we just couldn't see it...lecturing us about our own god damn team, about which he knew nothing...

4 years of being the single most embarrassingly dumb poster on the planet...4 years of being dead wrong about everything (Marcellus-level dumb)

fast forward...one whole day...another worthless backup arrives, but this time he brings his own short bus of special fans...fans all wearing t-shirts from some mall kiosk that have a low-res photo of Smith's face underneath the words, "Backups Are People Too"

on behalf of Chiefsplanet, I'd like to welcome you...welcome you to throw yourselves, and your fat stupid ugly families into an industrial strength wood chipper

Charming and clever. (really kinda boring and childish.. a growing theme here) You don't really imagine that your words are hurting feelings, do you? The only thing your words and attitude elicit is pity.

Anyway, I know that you are just coming from a sad and dark place of anguish. Lashing out because that's all you have been raised to do when confronted with real thought. I forgive you. Too bad I'm a bigger fan of your team than you. I hope that your opinion changes this season when the Chiefs win games. Don't worry... we live in an age of no accountability... so you'll not have to apologize for your trespasses.

-King-
05-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Cassel has won in the playoffs? When did this happen?

Oh. I'm sorry. Alex Smith is like Tebow then since playoff wins are the deciding factor. They get benched about the same rate anyway.

Spott
05-07-2013, 05:56 PM
You're being obtuse.

The Chiefs didn't sign Steve DeBerg to start and run the WCO. They signed him because all they had at the time was Bill Kenny. Also, Marty didn't like him, either, and acquired Steve freaking Peuller and Dave Krieg in an attempt to upgrade the position (which of course, failed).

This is completely different than trading a #1 for Montana, a 7 for Bono, signing Elvis Grbac and trading for Alex Smith.

Although JFC, once I typed that out, it sure does look pathetic.

It's been a long time, but I vaguely remember Deberg backing up and eventually starting for Ron Jaworski at the end of Jaworski's career. Didn't Jaworski replace Kenney and then Deberg replaced Jaworski?

Messier
I use to compare Alex Smith and Cassel back in 2010. That's when I thought they were similar players. Cassel at his peak, and Smith before JH. I think their careers have taken completely different directions since then, and I wouldn't compare the two at all now.

Look at it this way. If Alex Smith had gone to Minnesota would he be backing up Ponder? If you think so, you're fooling yourself. No matter where he went, he was going to start.

OnTheWarpath15
Oh. I'm sorry. Alex Smith is like Tebow then since playoff wins are the deciding factor. They get benched about the same rate anyway.

If playoff wins are the deciding factor, then Alex Smith is WAY worse than Mark Sanchez.

Sandy Vagina
05-07-2013, 05:57 PM
LMAO So now PFF stats mean something.

BTW, in 2011 and 2012, Alex Smith was the most conservative QB in the league. And it wasn't even close. That's why he ranked so high.

When you have a strong defense and special teams... plus a young and evolving offensive scheme... conservative yet efficient is a good thing. :thumb:

Nightfyre
05-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Except for their career stats, the fact that they take ridiculous amounts of sacks, and they lack the arm strength for deep balls and to drive intermediate routes.

FYP.

Messier
05-07-2013, 06:08 PM
If playoff wins are the deciding factor, then Alex Smith is WAY worse than Mark Sanchez.
I agree that just being there for a playoff win doesn't mean much, but if you watched that SF, Saints game, I don't know how your opinion of Smith couldn't change, even a little. I didn't think a lot of Smith before that game, not to mention the 2011, 2012 seasons. I changed my tune on Smith after that game. The final two scores were on him. He won that game. I don't think he's the best, or even a top ten QB in the league. I do think of all the QBs that were drafted and switched teams, he was the best.

-King-
05-07-2013, 06:10 PM
I agree that just being there for a playoff win doesn't mean much, but if you watched that SF, Saints game, I don't know how your opinion of Smith couldn't change, even a little. I didn't think a lot of Smith before that game, not to mention the 2011, 2012 seasons. I changed my tune on Smith after that game. The final two scores were on him. He won that game. I don't think he's the best, or even a top ten QB in the league. I do think of all the QBs that were drafted and switched teams, he was the best.

Yeah well, he still isn't better than Mark Sanchez in the playoffs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SancMa00/gamelog/post/

So OTWP is still right.

RunKC
05-07-2013, 06:12 PM

I'd take Tebow over Cassel.

Hootie
05-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Not really, because they have comparable styles of play.

Both like to throw a lot of short passes.

Both have horrible pocket presence and take a lot of sacks.

Both have underwhelming physical talent.

To ignore these similarities is obtuse.

The main difference is that the last two seasons Alex Smith played on much, much better teams and received better coaching.

so PFF doesn't count for Alex Smith

is that what you're saying?

but it counts for everyone else

Messier
05-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah well, he still isn't better than Mark Sanchez in the playoffs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SancMa00/gamelog/post/

So OTWP is still right.

Sanchez had some good games in the playoffs, no doubt.

splatbass
05-07-2013, 06:47 PM
If you admit Alex Smith was a worthless pick up and a horrible quarterback and a waste of two second round draft picks you might get accepted here, that and shut the **** up.

Why would he admit something that is obvious BS? A clear exaggeration? You and your ilk are being disingenuous when you say he is a horrible QB. He may not be elite, but he is NOT in any way horrible. When you exaggerate and use hyperbole like this it does not help you. It makes you look like a small person who is throwing a temper tantrum because the team didn't do what you wanted. There are too many of you like that here. It is surprising that so many adults act like this.

Mav
05-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Do you know what is sad? That 49 fans feel the inexplicable need to visit a Chiefs message board and tell Chiefs fans how they should feel about acquiring 49er trash at a premium price.

'Niner/ Smith fans: "Alex isn't good enough to take the 49ers to the Super Bowl, but you Chiefs' fans should be happy to have him!"

actually, he was good enough to take the 49ers to the super bowl. Kyle williams made sure we didnt get there. Get your facts straight.

add to that, the 49ers forum board right now, is a kaepernick, SLOB FEST. Go take a look for yourself. From what I hear, as you know, I am banned, but i still talk to guys from there, this fruit loop Kaepernick, who you guys just LOVE, has started his own Kaepernick homers club. Im glad im not there lol.

Mav
05-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Ahh. That makes sense now.

You gonna believe this shit too? Whatever floats your guys boats man.

splatbass
05-07-2013, 06:52 PM

As I have been saying over and over what Bono, Grbac and any other prior 49ers QB did here years ago with different players and different coaches is not in any way relevant to what Alex Smith will do today. It is an illogical argument based on emotion, not reason.

Coogs
05-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Chiefs luck is they'll go 9-7, make the playoffs somehow, and get blown out.

After what we have been through the past 5 or 6 years, I am totally good with this scenario.

Mav
05-07-2013, 06:57 PM
As I have been saying over and over what Bono, Grbac and any other prior 49ers QB did here years ago with different players and different coaches is not in any way relevant to what Alex Smith will do today. It is an illogical argument based on emotion, not reason.

You have to understand that kind of thinking you are dealing with. Its happened before, so it will happen again. Its a mindset that until its broken, will always be. Its unfortunate, because from what I can tell, the building process of this Chiefs team as is today, is completely different that anything i noticed under vermiel, Haley, herm, or Romeo. The philosophy has been proven different. I suspect the results will be different as well.

DaFace
05-07-2013, 06:58 PM
After what we have been through the past 5 or 6 years, I am totally good with this scenario.

No joke. One of the many things I don't understand about the hivemind here these days is that people seem to only want 2-14 or 14-2. Anything in between is unacceptable. 9-7 for a decade is horrible. 9-7 as a stepping stone between 2-14 and a playoff run is...well...normal.

Mav
05-07-2013, 06:59 PM

This is what puzzles me.

Break it down this way.

The Patriots, and Broncos, will probably have the first round byes. They have the weakest divisions.

So if the Chiefs do make the playoffs, lets just say they make it as the 6 seed.

They would play either the Afc North, or South winner.

Thats either the Ravens, or bengals, or the Texans/Colts.

I dont see today, either of those teams, blowing out the Chiefs.

Shrugs. People just want to cry, just to hear themselves cry.

Coogs
05-07-2013, 07:00 PM
No joke. One of the many things I don't understand about the hivemind here these days is that people seem to only want 2-14 or 14-2. Anything in between is unacceptable. 9-7 for a decade is horrible. 9-7 as a stepping stone between 2-14 and a playoff run is...well...normal.

Absolutely!

Mav
05-07-2013, 07:01 PM

Their thinking is that if you take Geno Smith, that you would prolly be 4-12 next season, but be 13-3 next year. And thats as an unlikely scenario, as the chiefs going 12-4 this year. That is a perfect scenario situation where everything goes right, and the most important part of that, GENO SMITH IS of the RG3, and Andrew Luck caliber.

Sorter
05-07-2013, 07:04 PM
They would play the Ravens
I dont see today those teams, blowing out the Chiefs.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0109/nfl_a_ravets1_576.jpg

SAUTO
05-07-2013, 07:05 PM
You have to understand that kind of thinking you are dealing with. Its happened before, so it will happen again. Its a mindset that until its broken, will always be. Its unfortunate, because from what I can tell, the building process of this Chiefs team as is today, is completely different that anything i noticed under vermiel, Haley, herm, or Romeo. The philosophy has been proven different. I suspect the results will be different as well.
Anything YOU noticed?

This off season mirrors the year Pioli was hired.

But you don't know that.

Might as well quit lying
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
05-07-2013, 07:08 PM
I mean, surely this team, led by yet another QB who needs constraints on the offense to be successful, has poor arm strength, struggles against 5+rushers, tends to avoid completing passes down the field, and has a high sack ratio can't get blown out by the Ravens in the playoffs again.

It isn't like Baltimore won a SB or anything. They're garbage!

Coogs
05-07-2013, 07:08 PM
This is what puzzles me.

Break it down this way.

The Patriots, and Broncos, will probably have the first round byes. They have the weakest divisions.

So if the Chiefs do make the playoffs, lets just say they make it as the 6 seed.

They would play either the Afc North, or South winner.

Thats either the Ravens, or bengals, or the Texans/Colts.

I dont see today, either of those teams, blowing out the Chiefs.

Shrugs. People just want to cry, just to hear themselves cry.

Whatever. Close playoff loss, blowout playoff loss, playoff win, blowout playoff win. I'm fucking ecstatic on any of them. Hell, I'm happy this year if we are in playoff contention the whole season.

I'm ready for the extreme highs and lows. It's what makes sports what they are. We haven't had that around here for a long damn time. If we win a Super Bowl once more in my lifetime... that would be awesome. But what I really would prefer is damn competitive team year in and year out. I love the excitement of not being able to wait until the next game. Love the highs. With that comes the lows... but :shrug:

It's all worth it.

Bad football just doesn't cut it!

EDIT: BTW, your scenario makes a lot of sense. I would be thrilled with the 6 seed and that potential first round matchup.

Mav
05-07-2013, 07:14 PM
I mean, surely this team, led by yet another QB who needs constraints on the offense to be successful, has poor arm strength, struggles against 5+rushers, tends to avoid completing passes down the field, and has a high sack ratio can't get blown out by the Ravens in the playoffs again.

It isn't like Baltimore won a SB or anything. They're garbage!

you are absolutely right. What was I thinking? A team that gave away Anquan BOldin for a 6th round pick, had ray lewis retire, paul kruger defect to the browns, Ed Reed to the texans, and ellerbe defect to the dolphins.

They replaced them with losing teams cast offs like Rolando Mcclain, and Michael huff. Who did they replace Boldin with?

As for the chiefs. Yes, over the past two years, alex smith, who has ranked in the top 5 against the BLITZ, have clay look it up for you, he will magically not be able to find it, and has zero problems finding Vernon Davis, the 49ers fastest weapon down field. So, i mean with all of your points, i am a complete retard. By the way, i thought i was on ignore?

SAUTO
05-07-2013, 07:19 PM

It isn't like Baltimore won a SB or anything. They're garbage! and this idiot is acting like we haven't seen this movie before.

THIS IS THE REMAKE.

sorry you missed the first.

Hell I wish I did
Posted via Mobile Device