View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 12:56 PM
How long has MU been looking to leave?

After Texas started.

You can have the Big 12 without Missouri. If Texas leaves and Missouri is still there? Our battleship is sunk.

Why didn't Texas want a longer commitment to the Big 12 than 6 years?

Saul Good
10-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Texas was looking to leave the conference in 2009....

They were looking to leave last year...

They were looking to leave this year...

This is your stable Big 12.

And you have a commissioner that says the league will survive as long as Texas is a member.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 12:58 PM
How long has MU been looking to leave?

Just quickly looking back, I see that MU was throwing herself at the Big 10 first part of 2010, so at least 18 months.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 12:59 PM
After Texas started.

You can have the Big 12 without Missouri. If Texas leaves and Missouri is still there? Our battleship is sunk.

Why didn't Texas want a longer commitment to the Big 12 than 6 years?

I'm not trying to start an argument. I really don't remember Texas trying to leave in 2009 - do you have any links to it?

DeezNutz
10-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm not trying to start an argument. I really don't remember Texas trying to leave in 2009 - do you have any links to it?

Interview with A&M President; it's somewhere in this thread.

patteeu
10-23-2011, 01:00 PM

It was posted earlier in the thread.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 01:01 PM
I found something, nevermind Zach. Texas apparently flew to the ACC headquarters to discuss it.

Did they try any other conference that year or was the ACC the only one?

DeezNutz
10-23-2011, 01:02 PM
I found something, nevermind Zach. Texas apparently flew to the ACC headquarters to discuss it.

Pac-10. You'll want to reread the interview I mentioned in my last post.

patteeu
10-23-2011, 01:02 PM

The PAC10.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 01:03 PM

It is newer information.

http://www.12thmanfoundation.com/membership/12th-man-magazine/featured-article.aspx

Texas are the ones who suck the penis.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Interview with A&M President; it's somewhere in this thread.

It was posted earlier in the thread.

Thanks.

What I found was articles starting to pop up around mid May 2009 regarding Texas leaving the Big 12. I also found articles around mid December 2009 about MU thinking/wanting to leave.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 01:06 PM

The PAC10.

It is newer information.

http://www.12thmanfoundation.com/membership/12th-man-magazine/featured-article.aspx

Texas are the ones who suck the penis.

Reps. Thanks!!

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 01:07 PM

Actually....no Rep because I must spread some around before giving to you again. So, for right now, you just get fake rep. :p

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 01:09 PM
lol kstater....lol.

HemiEd
10-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Thank god for the SEC........this Big 12 schedule is brutal.

At least the border war looks like it will be for position this year.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 01:35 PM
At least the border war looks like it will be for position this year.

:evil:

HolyHandgernade
10-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Too bad you don't have any.

That's it? No wonder you like using the term "butt hurt" over and over, no originality. Here, let me show you how its done:

Too bad you don't have any.

Yes, that's the way it must look as I'm tea baggin you.

Come on now, give it a good try this time.

Mosbonian
10-23-2011, 02:15 PM
I think it's time to start another "new" thread for this.

I've purposely tried to stay away from this thread because of all the bitching by several fans of KU/KSU. I can see it hasn't gotten any better.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 02:16 PM

I've purposely tried to stay away from this thread because of all the bitching by several fans of KU/KSU. I can see it hasn't gotten any better.

ROFL

HolyHandgernade
10-23-2011, 02:18 PM

That's quite magnanimous of you.

Mosbonian
10-23-2011, 02:49 PM
That's quite magnanimous of you.

Odd how you were the guy who told me I was on ignore....

And seeing how you were/still are one of the biggest whiners how about putting me back on ignore.

HolyHandgernade
10-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Odd how you were the guy who told me I was on ignore....

And seeing how you were/still are one of the biggest whiners how about putting me back on ignore.

I was? When was that? I think your feeble mind has me confused with someone else. I've never used the ignore function on this or any other site.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 02:56 PM
I was? When was that? I think your feeble mind has me confused with someone else. I've never used the ignore function on this or any other site.

Hey. Make more predictions.

Mosbonian
10-23-2011, 03:37 PM

LOL...nice try as an insult but surely with your superior mind and intellect that you purport to have above all of the rest of us, you could have come up with something better.

Then again...probably not.

Pants
10-23-2011, 04:08 PM
LOL...nice try as an insult but surely with your superior mind and intellect that you purport to have above all of the rest of us, you could have come up with something better.

He doesn't post much. It shouldn't be very hard to find proof to your claim. Click on his name and find all of his posts and link to the one where he said he put you on ignore.

Glad to help. :D

KChiefs1
10-23-2011, 04:10 PM

I assume there will be a new one tomorrow!

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 04:20 PM
I assume there will be a new one tomorrow!

There will probably be an MU to SEC thread, but I'm not sure why we would need a 3rd realignment thread to discuss all of this.

HolyHandgernade
10-23-2011, 04:31 PM

I'm assuming you haven't found this purported post where I threatened to "ignore" you? Therefore, it wasn't just an insult, its also the truth, you do have a feeble mind.

HolyHandgernade
10-23-2011, 04:32 PM
He doesn't post much. It shouldn't be very hard to find proof to your claim. Click on his name and find all of his posts and link to the one where he said he put you on ignore.

Glad to help. :D

Yes, do it.

Mosbonian
10-23-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm assuming you haven't found this purported post where I threatened to "ignore" you? Therefore, it wasn't just an insult, its also the truth, you do have a feeble mind.

I'll save you and Pants the trouble....I found it. It was alnorth that has me on ignore now. Because you both argue and whine about this realignment alike I lumped you both into the same person. For that I apologize.

What I won't apologize for is lumping you into the stead with all the other KU/KSU complainers. On that I am dead on.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 04:53 PM
What I won't apologize for is lumping you into the stead with all the other KU/KSU complainers. On that I am dead on.

lol. Dumbass.

HolyHandgernade
10-23-2011, 04:56 PM
I'll save you and Pants the trouble....I found it. It was alnorth that has me on ignore now. Because you both argue and whine about this realignment alike I lumped you both into the same person. For that I apologize.

That's OK, I lump most of the Mizzou fans into the braindead inflated ego category. Although, I have to admit, I have a soft spot for Frazod. I can appreciate raw rivalry hate! :thumb:

HolyHandgernade
10-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Oh, by the way, Ruck the Faiders!

Mosbonian
10-23-2011, 05:14 PM
lol. Dumbass.

Oh...that hurts so bad. ROFL

Another butthurt fan.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Oh...that hurts so bad. ROFL

Another butthurt fan.

Oh Ballsack!

Mosbonian
10-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Oh Ballsack!

LOL....please try harder to be mean.

Right now all I can do is laugh at you.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 05:28 PM
LOL....please try harder to be mean.

Right now all I can do is laugh at you.

Don't laugh at me man, seriously.

KcMizzou
10-23-2011, 05:29 PM
I'd join in, but I'm busy mocking the Raiders.

kstater
10-23-2011, 05:32 PM
I'd join in, but I'm busy mocking the Raiders.

Is you mocking the Raiders considered butthurt towards them?

KcMizzou
10-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Is you mocking the Raiders considered butthurt towards them?Don't know, don't care.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Not sure why they'd go to the Big 12 Board of Directors meeting in Dallas to announce they are leaving the conference, but whatever.

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1283061

On Friday afternoon, Missouri officials announced that Chancellor Brady Deaton had been authorized to make decisions regarding the University's conference affiliation. Multiple sources have told PowerMizzou.com the first major decision from Deaton should come in the next 24 hours.

Three separate sources have told PowerMizzou.com Deaton is expected to inform the Big 12 Conference that Missouri will conditionally withdraw from the league on Monday.

There is a Big 12 Board of Directors meeting scheduled for Monday in Dallas. On Sunday, the Kansas City Star reported that Deaton would attend the meeting (http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2167). Again, sources have told PowerMizzou.com the expectation is that Missouri will withdraw from the Big 12 at that time, pending acceptance into another conference.

While nothing official has happened, it is widely speculated and believed that the Tigers will become, upon their withdrawal from the Big 12, the 14th member of the Southeastern Conference. No exact timetable for that acceptance is known, though most believe it will happen by the end of the week.

Multiple sources have indicated that Missouri is likely to be placed in the Eastern Division of the SEC. PowerMizzou.com will continue to follow this story to its conclusion.

Jerm
10-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Contrary to what that bozo Keitzman says, the DeArmonds have been all over this story from the start so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it goes down tomorrow.

Makes sense for the SEC to do this quickly...bunch of free pub with the upcoming Mizzou/A&M.

tredadda
10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Contrary to what that bozo Keitzman says, the DeArmonds have been all over this story from the start so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it goes down tomorrow.

Makes sense for the SEC to do this quickly...bunch of free pub with the upcoming Mizzou/A&M.

That would make sense. This is being drug out too long and is really painting a poor image for Mizzou.

ChiTown
10-24-2011, 06:40 AM
West Virginia top Big 12 candidate
By Kirk Bohls | Sunday, October 23, 2011, 01:44 PM

Two high-level Big 12 school administrators said on Sunday the conference expects Missouri to leave and will act quickly to replace the Tigers, focusing primarily on West Virginia with Louisville as a strong second candidate.
“I think that’s accurate,” one school official told the American-Statesman. “I’d say West Virginia is the leader in the clubhouse. I think we’ll come out better than before. I’d rather be with someone who wants to be with our conference than anybody who doesn’t.”
Asked why the Big 12 would be upgraded, the official said, “West Virginia has better football than Missouri, better basketball than Missouri, a better budget than Missouri and more passion among its fans than Missouri. They’re better, anyway you turn ‘em. The travel’s not good (to Morgantown, W. Va) but that’s it.”
He added there is support for Louisville, but said a lagging football program hurts its appeal.
The well-placed administrator said Missouri would probably have to remain in the Big 12 next school year because it’s getting so late in the process to find a replacement quickly and an early Missouri exit could lead to financial liability for that school.
The Big 12 board of directors meet on Monday to discuss conference membership. Missouri’s board of curators on Friday authorized its chancellor, Brady Deaton, to negotiate and execute contracts with other conferences interested in the school.
A second Big 12 school official told the Statesman he prefers Louisville because of its closer proximity and said travel to West Virginia would make for too big a burden on the athletes.
“The only place where there’s an advantage for West Virginia is better football,” the second official said. “Their academics is not as strong. If there’s any thought about what’s best for the student-athlete, we’ll go with Louisville.”
Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione told reporters on Saturday that “our intent would be to move as quickly as we could. There may be other issues that hinder our ability to move as fast as we want.”

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/bohls/entries/2011/10/23/west_virginia_t.html

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 08:06 AM

Two high-level Big 12 school administrators said on Sunday the conference expects Missouri to leave and will act quickly to replace the Tigers, focusing primarily on West Virginia with Louisville as a strong second candidate.
“I think that’s accurate,” one school official told the American-Statesman. “I’d say West Virginia is the leader in the clubhouse. I think we’ll come out better than before. I’d rather be with someone who wants to be with our conference than anybody who doesn’t.”
Asked why the Big 12 would be upgraded, the official said, “West Virginia has better football than Missouri, better basketball than Missouri, a better budget than Missouri and more passion among its fans than Missouri. They’re better, anyway you turn ‘em. The travel’s not good (to Morgantown, W. Va) but that’s it.”
He added there is support for Louisville, but said a lagging football program hurts its appeal.
The well-placed administrator said Missouri would probably have to remain in the Big 12 next school year because it’s getting so late in the process to find a replacement quickly and an early Missouri exit could lead to financial liability for that school.
The Big 12 board of directors meet on Monday to discuss conference membership. Missouri’s board of curators on Friday authorized its chancellor, Brady Deaton, to negotiate and execute contracts with other conferences interested in the school.
A second Big 12 school official told the Statesman he prefers Louisville because of its closer proximity and said travel to West Virginia would make for too big a burden on the athletes.
“The only place where there’s an advantage for West Virginia is better football,” the second official said. “Their academics is not as strong. If there’s any thought about what’s best for the student-athlete, we’ll go with Louisville.”
Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione told reporters on Saturday that “our intent would be to move as quickly as we could. There may be other issues that hinder our ability to move as fast as we want.”

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/bohls/entries/2011/10/23/west_virginia_t.html

Love the two bolded statements above.

The first one: West Virginia has had a pretty easy road in the Big East over the past decade. I think you could put a number of Big 12 teams (Missouri, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, obviously Texas and Oklahoma, Nebraska) in that league over the past 10 years, and they'd do just as well as West Virginia (which fell off considerably after losing Rich Rodriguez and Pat White). I would have loved Missouri to be playing in that league in 2007. It would have been undefeated and in the national title game.

So I don't place much stock in the whole "West Virginia is better than Mizzou because it has been to the BCS."

Missouri and West Virginia have nearly identical athletic budgets (around $56 million). West Virginia is filling its stadium this year (with a new, exciting coach, mind you) at 92 percent of capacity. Right around what Missouri does (though they'd be around 95 percent if the GA hill seats were not counted). So those statements are also unfounded speculation.

West Virginia is better at basketball, I won't dispute that. But that's not what is driving the bus on this issue (in fact, the fact that this comment was included makes me wonder if, perhaps, it was a KU official who said this).

On the second statement...

Again, Missouri probably would have won the Big East in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010 (and been right there in 2003, when WVU won it despite going 8-5, and 2009).

Also, does anyone else find it ironic that the official made a grammatical error in his comment about academics? "academics is" :shake:

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 08:15 AM
I don't fault the Big 12 for going on the defensive here, honestly I would want to do the exact same thing if the roles were reversed. Of course they want to trash Mizzou as we are leaving and praise our replacement. Everyone is bitter. West Virginia has a pretty solid athletic department and should help keep the Big 12 one of the best football conferences as long as it sticks around.

I think everyone is ready for this saga to end so both parties can move on.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 08:19 AM
I don't fault the Big 12 for going on the defensive here, honestly I would want to do the exact same thing if the roles were reversed. Of course they want to trash Mizzou as we are leaving and praise our replacement. Everyone is bitter. West Virginia has a pretty solid athletic department and should help keep the Big 12 one of the best football conferences as long as it sticks around.

I think everyone is ready for this saga to end so both parties can move on.

Oh, no fault placed on my part. I just thought it was funny that their spin comes down to saying... well, WVU is better at basketball and then making several claims the numbers show are not true.

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Oh, no fault placed on my part. I just thought it was funny that their spin comes down to saying... well, WVU is better at basketball and then making several claims the numbers show are not true.

I really think the point to it is that with WVU the Big 12 is going to be getting pretty much exactly what they'll be losing in MU & gaining a pretty solid basketball program on top of it.....which equals a win for the Big 12.

You can take it as talking shit on MU, but it is what it is.

Al Bundy
10-24-2011, 08:32 AM
I really think the point to it is that with WVU the Big 12 is going to be getting pretty much exactly what they'll be losing in MU & gaining a pretty solid basketball program on top of it.....which equals a win for the Big 12.

Except for the whole hygiene and sleeping with their sister issue that WVU has.

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 08:32 AM

In terms of football and basketball, most definitely the two programs are very similar. WVU's academics are pretty terrible, and many schools tend to coordinate on research projects with other conference members, so there could be an indirect hit there by replacing Mizzou with a school like WVU (and A&M with TCU). WVU does not bring any big TV markets but that is less of an issue for the Big 12 because there isn't a conference TV network. So purely in terms of football (and basketball with WVU), Big 12 made probably the best realistic additions they could make.

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Except for the whole hygiene and sleeping with their sister issue that WVU has.

Well, yeah....there's that. But I think that equals out with the loss the conference takes in meth production, porn & firework shops.:evil:

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 08:36 AM
In terms of football and basketball, most definitely the two programs are very similar. WVU's academics are pretty terrible, and many schools tend to coordinate on research projects with other conference members, so there could be an indirect hit there by replacing Mizzou with a school like WVU (and A&M with TCU). WVU does not bring any big TV markets but that is less of an issue for the Big 12 because there isn't a conference TV network. So purely in terms of football (and basketball with WVU), Big 12 made probably the best realistic additions they could make.

I have no idea about the academics of this move, but really - academics have as much to do with any of this as basketball does.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 08:39 AM

I'm taking it as spin, not shit talking. Just mildly amused by it. Here's some Mizzou spin to counter.

The Big 12 also has to deal with:

Losing four million people in its footprint (net), the No. 21 TV market, a big chunk of the No. 31 TV market. That could be hurtful when the next TV deal comes around.

Losing a strong academic partner.

The geographical displacement of WVU.

The fanbase. People want to talk about Missouri's fanbase being low class, etc? Wait till you meet the folks from Morgantown.

Raiderhater
10-24-2011, 08:39 AM

So KSU basketball would face Huggins once to twice a year.... Interesting

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 08:40 AM
Well, yeah....there's that. But I think that equals out with the loss the conference takes in meth production, porn & firework shops.:evil:

What a bunch of bullshit. Porn and fireworks are awesome, and you know it. This is especially true when used in conjunction.

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 08:44 AM
What a bunch of bullshit. Porn and fireworks are awesome, and you know it. This is especially true when used in conjunction.

LMAO

Point conceded.

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 08:45 AM
I have no idea about the academics of this move, but really - academics have as much to do with any of this as basketball does.

I wouldn't agree with that. I think each conference has different goals for expansion. Academic perception is definitely a major consideration due to the indirect impact on other conference members through research funding and prestige, but that alone is not enough to get someone like Tulane or Rice a major conference spot.

Football, TV draw (either national following or strong local markets), and academics are the main focus points and each conference ranks them differently based on their own situation. Big 12 is trying to survive and maintain its TV contracts so football is the main priority; WVU is a great fit. Big Ten wanted national following and football tradition; Nebraska is a great fit. SEC wanted major TV markets, very good academics to help the league's perception, and solid all-around athletics; A&M and Mizzou are great fits.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 08:45 AM
where will we get our walnut bowls? oh the humanity!

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 08:47 AM
So KSU basketball would face Huggins once to twice a year.... Interesting

Is there bad blood between KSU and Huggins? I thought most KSU fans had no problem with him since he helped turnaround the program and gave them Frank Martin.

buddha
10-24-2011, 08:49 AM

Of course you don't. Your posts make that point for you. Academics have never been too high on your radar, Plow. :shake:

The quicker the Big 12 can get back to 12 the better. It doesn't matter who they bring in. They are all just place holders until Texas can get Bucklevision profitable, and then they'll decide the next move.

And speaking of host organisms gladly submitting themselves to Texas, nice job by the Beakers to sell their souls to the LHN. That was really helpful...to Texas, not to the conference.

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Of course you don't. Your posts make that point for you. Academics have never been too high on your radar, Plow. :shake:

The quicker the Big 12 can get back to 12 the better. It doesn't matter who they bring in. They are all just place holders until Texas can get Bucklevision profitable, and then they'll decide the next move.

And speaking of host organisms gladly submitting themselves to Texas, nice job by the Beakers to sell their souls to the LHN. That was really helpful...to Texas, not to the conference.

lol. Who are you?

Raiderhater
10-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Is there bad blood between KSU and Huggins? I thought most KSU fans had no problem with him since he helped turnaround the program and gave them Frank Martin.

When he needed a fresh start and no one would give it to him but KSU, he bolted after only one year.

I think were better off with Martin, but that was still shitty.

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't agree with that. I think each conference has different goals for expansion. Academic perception is definitely a major consideration due to the indirect impact on other conference members through research funding and prestige, but that alone is not enough to get someone like Tulane or Rice a major conference spot.

Football, TV draw (either national following or strong local markets), and academics are the main focus points and each conference ranks them differently based on their own situation. Big 12 is trying to survive and maintain its TV contracts so football is the main priority; WVU is a great fit. Big Ten wanted national following and football tradition; Nebraska is a great fit. SEC wanted major TV markets, very good academics to help the league's perception, and solid all-around athletics; A&M and Mizzou are great fits.

I'm not saying that academics are completely thrown out the window - but you & I know that this is all about football and TV's. The only academic conversation that I've seen was talk about how when/if MU moves to the SEC they will have the same # of AAU schools as the Big 12.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 08:54 AM
When he needed a fresh start and no one would give it to him but KSU, he bolted after only one year.

That's one of my biggest regrets... wish Alden had been ballsy enough to go hard after Huggins. The job was open... and there was talk (from a prominent basketball-crazy booster I had a conversation with) that OJ Mayo might have come along to Columbia if Huggy landed there instead of Manhattan.

He still bolts Mizzou for WVU, IMO, but it would have been fun to watch Mayo, Beaseley and Walker together for a year.

HemiEd
10-24-2011, 08:54 AM

It was, and it would be cool to see KSU get to play him, along with Mizzou getting to play Mike Anderson.

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 09:00 AM

The guy went home. Can't blame him for that. He made KSU basketball relevant. It worked out well for everyone.

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 09:05 AM
The guy went home. Can't blame him for that. He made KSU basketball relevant. It worked out well for everyone.

Which is the same reason why it's hard for me to fault Anderson now that enough time has passed.

HemiEd
10-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Which is the same reason why it's hard for me to fault Anderson now that enough time has passed.

Do you look forward to playing him?

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Do you look forward to playing him?

Right now I think it would be fun, but ask me again two years from now when he is clowning Haith.

Raiderhater
10-24-2011, 09:16 AM

No one knew it was going to work out well at the time. Martin was a completely unknown and untested guy.

Huggins had gotten into some trouble and was out of coaching until KSU went out on a limb with him, and that is how he thanked them for that gamble.

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 09:17 AM

My beef with MA is that he always seemed to have a wandering eye. Every year, he tried to leverage a better deal by dropping hints that he was leaving. Take the better deal or don't.

Mizzou has a better offer from the SEC. We told the Big XII what we needed in order to stay, and we didn't get it. Deuces.

MA told Mizzou what he wanted. He got it, and he still bolted a year later with zero recruits signed. That asshole knew he was leaving, and he phoned in his recruiting efforts accordingly.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Right now I think it would be fun, but ask me again two years from now when he is clowning Haith.

Sadly, I agree with this post 100 percent. Haith is a disaster, IMO.

Anderson is still having trouble recruiting, though. Arkie fans are not real pleased he couldn't land Archie Goodwin.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 09:26 AM

agreed. I don't fault Huggs, he couldn't have forseen the WVU opening up so soon.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 09:27 AM
That's one of my biggest regrets... wish Alden had been ballsy enough to go hard after Huggins. The job was open... and there was talk (from a prominent basketball-crazy booster I had a conversation with) that OJ Mayo might have come along to Columbia if Huggy landed there instead of Manhattan.

He still bolts Mizzou for WVU, IMO, but it would have been fun to watch Mayo, Beaseley and Walker together for a year.

eh, Mayo was looking at KSU pretty hard too, but obviously we didn't pay as well as USC.

HemiEd
10-24-2011, 09:31 AM

Do you think he will stay at Arkansas?

My beef with MA is that he always seemed to have a wandering eye. Every year, he tried to leverage a better deal by dropping hints that he was leaving. Take the better deal or don't.

Mizzou has a better offer from the SEC. We told the Big XII what we needed in order to stay, and we didn't get it. Deuces.

MA told Mizzou what he wanted. He got it, and he still bolted a year later with zero recruits signed. That asshole knew he was leaving, and he phoned in his recruiting efforts accordingly.

I know how you feel. That is exactly what Eddie Fogler did to WSU, and it took one heck of a long time for them to recover. He left the cupboard totally empty. "Vanderbilt was the only school he would leave for."

Mizzou, is turning it around a lot quicker, and of course they are not a "mid major" so that helps.

patteeu
10-24-2011, 09:48 AM

The reason to fault Anderson isn't that he left, it's that he left the recruiting pipeline empty.

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Is it just me, or has this thread lost it's hate?

Maybe its time to burn down Larry again.

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 09:57 AM

Give it time....I'm sure it will be poppin' by end of the day. :evil:

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Give it time....I'm sure it will be poppin' by end of the day. :evil:

I dunno. Still think Lawrence could use a fresh coat of fire.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2011, 10:14 AM
So the deal is done?

When is the formal announcement?

Saulbadguy
10-24-2011, 10:16 AM
I dunno. Still think Lawrence could use a fresh coat of fire.

Wait until basketball season.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM

I'm trolled out.

At this point, any 'smack' that can be laid has been laid. It's been responded to with varying degrees of success by several different parties and returned in kind.

This thread is really like watching Larry Johnson run. It burned brightly for a bit, served its purpose, but now its really just going through the motions, getting to the hole late and falling down after first contact.

Someone let me know when we start changing signage, then I'll be interested again.

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 10:24 AM
So the deal is done?

When is the formal announcement?

Deaton is going to Dallas to meet with the Big XII brass. Supposedly, he's withdrawing in person.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Deaton is going to Dallas to meet with the Big XII brass. Supposedly, he's withdrawing in person.

:thumb: Well done MU...

HemiEd
10-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Maybe it is the realization that sympathy is in order for Mizzou. It is looking more and more like 4-8 and heading to a tougher conference.

Some people could take some consolation that Mizzou is preseason ranked top 25 in BB, but that sport just doesn't matter.

It just looks bleak for Mizzou, but they should have increased revenue and can say fuck you to Texas, so there is that.

Better? :D

Saulbadguy
10-24-2011, 10:49 AM
K-State president is stranded in Lawton, OK on his way to Dallas.

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Evidently, there is a ton of fog at DFW that has been causing delays.

patteeu
10-24-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm trolled out.

At this point, any 'smack' that can be laid has been laid. It's been responded to with varying degrees of success by several different parties and returned in kind.

This thread is really like watching Larry Johnson run. It burned brightly for a bit, served its purpose, but now its really just going through the motions, getting to the hole late and falling down after first contact.

Someone let me know when we start changing signage, then I'll be interested again.

When Mizzou and aTm play this weekend, the marching bands should do a joint appearance at halftime and the grand finale should include forming a "XII" and then morphing into "SEC".

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Evidently, there is a ton of fog at DFW that has been causing delays.

I'm sure that was done by MU somehow to make their stay in the Big 12 longer and thus getting more media attention. :p

|Zach|
10-24-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm sure that was done by MU somehow to make their stay in the Big 12 longer and thus getting more media attention. :p

http://www.latestbuy.com.au/img/product-Images/fogg-350a.jpg

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 11:15 AM

More like KU butthurt with phog. Leave it to the beaks to bring up basketball one final time.

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 11:16 AM
http://www.latestbuy.com.au/img/product-Images/fogg-350a.jpg

But like 3 of them.

ROFL

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 11:25 AM
More like KU butthurt with phog. Leave it to the beaks to bring up basketball one final time.

You gotta give it to them, they've made changing the subject an absolute art form:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oaohFnBHtkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I couldn't make this up.

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 11:28 AM
I've got to use this video one more time before you guys leave.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lZKoIu-ECfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reerun_KC
10-24-2011, 11:35 AM
O Quinn how we miss you...

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 11:49 AM
You gotta give it to them, they've made changing the subject an absolute art form:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oaohFnBHtkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I couldn't make this up.

I feel sorry for that guy. His life must suck. Hope it improves at some point.

Pants
10-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I feel sorry for that guy. His life must suck. Hope it improves at some point.

Pretty sure he was trying to be funny.

Al Bundy
10-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Pretty sure he was trying to be funny.

I doubt it. He looked pretty much like that is all he had going for him.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Eye of the TIGER!!!

Pants
10-24-2011, 11:55 AM

Yeah, he looked totally serious with it when he was walking off camera at the end of the video.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 11:56 AM
O Quinn how we miss you...

And to think we could have had Self....

{sigh}

Pants
10-24-2011, 11:57 AM

{sigh}

We would have probably ended up with Cal.

/shudder

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 11:58 AM
What happened to Louisville being the front-runner to replace Mizzou? It seems like West Virginia almost came out of nowhere to leapfrog both BYU and Louisville.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7137504/big-12-replace-missouri-tigers-quickly-mu-leaves-conference

Louisville is a close third behind West Virginia and BYU with Cincinnati the fourth choice, according to the source.

I wonder if there is a hangup with BYU.

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 12:00 PM

{sigh}

Realistically he probably would have left Mizzou to go to OSU when their job opened up.

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 12:02 PM
West Virginia would be the best choice, but they are trying everything they can to get into the SEC. If the SEC goes to 16, they gone.

Pants
What happened to Louisville being the front-runner to replace Mizzou? It seems like West Virginia almost came out of nowhere to leapfrog both BYU and Louisville.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7137504/big-12-replace-missouri-tigers-quickly-mu-leaves-conference

BYU wants to be independent in FB, no?

Mr. Plow
Realistically he probably would have left Mizzou to go to OSU when their job opened up.

Possibly, but think of the good years you would of had with him. No offense, but Thank God for whoever made that decision.

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 12:04 PM

I didn't know if that was their final choice. Makes sense if they can swing it, try to be a mini version of Notre Dame I guess.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2011, 12:07 PM

Well they already have their own SiriusXM and TV channel, so why not try and stay independent.

Frazod
10-24-2011, 12:16 PM

I couldn't make this up.

Wickedson!

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 12:24 PM
KSU pres has arrived in Dallas. Looks like the fog was blown out by what has been described as SEC speed.

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 12:26 PM
ESPN reporting that Mizzou is going to the SEC East. Gabe DeArmond has been saying this for weeks, but when ESPN reports it, it must be coming from somewhere credible.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Wickedson!

Would make sense, since it wasn't entirely factual.

Al Bundy
10-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I wonder what ole Kietz is going to have to say today.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 12:50 PM

KK: "Missouri will never win again. It will be impossible for them to play. They'll never have it as easy as they do in the Big 12!"

Anyone else: "Um, Kevin, Missouri actually has played the second-toughest schedule in the country THIS season. In the Big 12."

KK: "Well, of course. But once the Big 12 goes back to divisions and Missouri is in the North again, it would be FOOLISH to let that opportunity go!"

Anyone else: "Um, Kietz, the Big 12 is only going back to 12 if Missouri leaves - because there's concern just adding one of the expansion options wouldn't be enough to maintain market value. And even if the Big 12 goes back to 12, the North is likely going to have Oklahoma or Oklahoma State or both in it. as well as West Virginia. Missouri might even get moved to the South division!"

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 12:57 PM
ChipBrownOB (http://twitter.com/#%21/ChipBrownOB) Chip Brown

Sources tell Orangebloods.com Notre Dame will decide in 60 days if it will move non-fball sports out of Big East (possibly to Big 12)

Stupid if so. Why would the Big 12....or any conference.....want them without FB?

DeezNutz
10-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Stupid if so. Why would the Big 12....or any conference.....want them without FB?

Better cultural fit.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2011, 01:01 PM

Sources tell Orangebloods.com Notre Dame will decide in 60 days if it will move non-fball sports out of Big East (possibly to Big 12)

Because they are fucking Notre Dame.

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 01:02 PM

In hope that they someday join the conference in football too. Smart men are easily duped by the financial upside that Notre Dame could offer and are willing to bend over backwards for them.

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 01:04 PM
GabeDeArmond Gabe DeArmond
Have received more info confirming what I wrote yesterday that #Mizzou will withdraw from Big 12 today. Only ? is when/how news comes out.

My guess is Chip breaks it and the cycle will be complete.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2011, 01:05 PM
In hope that they someday join the conference in football too. Smart men are easily duped by the financial upside that Notre Dame could offer and are willing to bend over backwards for them.

Take parts of that, reverse it, and apply it to Missouri.

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Take parts of that, reverse it, and apply it to Missouri.

Smart teams see through the bullshit, get the fuck out, flip the liars double-birds, and laugh as the conference collapses behind them.

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Mizzou is gone. Awesome.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 01:18 PM

Even if ND doesn't come into the IIX, they'll still play the 'Marquee' teams here and there. I'm sure they'd end up replacing that UT/A&M Thanksgiving game with UT/ND.

And I believe sooner or later Notre Dame will be forced into a conference. I think the team that has them at that time will have a leg up on the rest of the BCS.

(That said, it's going to be fucking hysterical when the B1G goes in there and snipes ND right out from under UT.)

HemiEd
10-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Mizzou is gone. Awesome.

this

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Even if ND doesn't come into the IIX, they'll still play the 'Marquee' teams here and there. I'm sure they'd end up replacing that UT/A&M Thanksgiving game with UT/ND.

And I believe sooner or later Notre Dame will be forced into a conference. I think the team that has them at that time will have a leg up on the rest of the BCS.

(That said, it's going to be ****ing hysterical when the B1G goes in there and snipes ND right out from under UT.)

You assume that UT won't go with them to the B1G.

That is the theory/fantasy of all the B1G fanboys due to that Purple Book Cat dude on the Northwestern boards. I could see it happening.

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 01:29 PM
You assume that UT won't go with them to the B1G.

That is the theory/fantasy of all the B1G fanboys due to that Purple Book Cat dude on the Northwestern boards. I could see it happening.

Not with LHN...

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Not with LHN...

They could scrap it, fold it into the BTN, turn it into a "regional" BTN, etc. I think ESPN, Big Ten, and Texas could come to some sort of an agreement if all the parties really wanted it to happen.

The next few years will be really interesting.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 01:34 PM

I've never heard anyone say UL was the top choice. BYU was in the running, buit I heard rumors that they were reluctant to share financials with the league. But they are not out of the running. I expect they would move back into the top choice if MU is insistent on leaving after this season.

Titty Meat
10-24-2011, 01:34 PM
ROFL

KChiefs1
10-24-2011, 01:47 PM

KSU has a 50/50 shot vs OU.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2011, 01:53 PM

I like those odds! :thumb:

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Bob Stoops has never lost consecutive regular season games.

Good luck with that.

I still think K-State is a product of a whole lot of smoke and mirrors with some excellent coaching and fortunate scheduling, but we'll know for sure by Sunday, won't we?

Oh well, I'm just kinda stuck looking forward to spring practices already at this point - let's move on with the Berkstresser/Mauk era because I haven't seen a thing I like from James Franklin.

kstater
10-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Views from the bottom of the league.

By DJ's Left Nut

Good luck with that.

I still think K-State is a product of a whole lot of smoke and mirrors with some excellent coaching and fortunate scheduling, but we'll know for sure by Sunday, won't we?

Oh well, I'm just kinda stuck looking forward to spring practices already at this point - let's move on with the Berkstresser/Mauk era because I haven't seen a thing I like from James Franklin.

Bowser
10-24-2011, 01:58 PM

Good luck with that.That really is an incredible stat.

You may see some stuff you like from him when they wise up and move his ass to receiver.

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2011, 01:59 PM
(That said, it's going to be ****ing hysterical when the B1G goes in there and snipes ND right out from under UT.)

If Notre Dame joins a conference it will be the ACC.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 02:00 PM

By DJ's Left Nut

Like I said - we've had a shit season. Our vaunted Quarterback recruit actually sucks at playing quarterback and our offensive coordinator hasn't progressed a bit from the moment he took over. This is a lost season and I'm just hoping to see someone on this roster actually progress over the next 5 weeks.

That said, you still managed to just barely squeak by us at home.

Keep puffing those chests out, but the hubris of wildcat fans through all this remains laughable.

Bowser
10-24-2011, 02:02 PM

By DJ's Left Nut

Why u mad, bro

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 02:05 PM
That really is an incredible stat.

You may see some stuff you like from him when they wise up and move his ass to receiver.

Or just run a wing-T.

He's the most tentative passer I've ever seen. He doesn't trust a single thing he does out there. He guides the ball and in so doing loses both his velocity and his accuracy.

We've seen him fire the football and when he does, he has some talent. But this coaching staff has failed him badly as he clearly doesn't trust a single thing that's going on out there. I don't know if it's technique, playcalling or a combination of both, but he just doesn't believe in himself.

He's killing us, just absolutely killing us. I hate it because he seems like a nice kid and someone that should be successful, but it's just not coming to him at all.

And I'm glad to see Pinkel finally learned his lesson w/r/t burning out a redshirt. Losing Franklin's redshirt did absolutely nothing to prepare him for the starting quarterback role. It appears that Pinkel sees that and is refusing to do the same w/ Berkstresser (though with Mauk waiting in the Wings, it might have actually made sense here...)

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 02:06 PM

Good luck with that.

butthurt!

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 02:07 PM

Franklin's running ability is impressive. But of course that doesn't make up for his terrible passing and how turnover prone he is. He single-handedly lost the game for us.

I wish we'd run the pistol more often.

Bowser
butthurt!

Ballsack!

mikeyis4dcats.
Like I said - we've had a shit season. Our vaunted Quarterback recruit actually sucks at playing quarterback and our offensive coordinator hasn't progressed a bit from the moment he took over. This is a lost season and I'm just hoping to see someone on this roster actually progress over the next 5 weeks.

That said, you still managed to just barely squeak by us at home.

Keep puffing those chests out, but the hubris of wildcat fans through all this remains laughable.

and yet you still needed a garbage time TD to pull it close, and an overturned fumble call even Mizzou fans thought was bogus.

Bowser
10-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Franklin's running ability is impressive. But of course that doesn't make up for his terrible passing and how turnover prone he is. He single-handedly lost the game for us.

I wish we'd run the pistol more often.

This offense needs a fucking enema. It's predictable enough as it is the way they run it, but once you put a QB in there that just can't run it, you're hosed.

I don't mind if they use the spread as their base O, but for fuck's sake mix in some pro-set. It's probably my biggest pet peeve of MU right now. Stale offense.

DeezNutz
10-24-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm honestly not even impressed with Franklin's running ability. Yeah, he's a good athlete, but he's too methodical in this aspect of his game, too.

Right now, he's a complete mess, which is unfortunate for everyone involved.

Bowser
10-24-2011, 02:14 PM
and yet you still needed a garbage time TD to pull it close, and an overturned fumble call even Mizzou fans thought was bogus.

It's true, you guys beat us. More to the point - Snyder coached circles around Pinkel.

DaKCMan AP
10-24-2011, 02:14 PM

That really is an incredible stat.

It's the sign of a weak conference. :D

;)

Bowser
10-24-2011, 02:15 PM
It's the sign of a weak conference. :D

;)

What, the KU/KSU guys weren't annoyed enough for you already?

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 02:15 PM

By DJ's Left Nut

I look forward to your upcoming spinoff: Views from a non AQ conference.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2011, 02:20 PM

Good luck with that.

Best in the Twitter-biz Kim English disagrees.

Englishscope24 Kim English
Time to stop saying #KState football is "Smoke n Mirrors". Snyder has those guys playing disciplined, solid, smash mouth football!

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 02:20 PM
This offense needs a fucking enema. It's predictable enough as it is the way they run it, but once you put a QB in there that just can't run it, you're hosed.

I don't mind if they use the spread as their base O, but for fuck's sake mix in some pro-set. It's probably my biggest pet peeve of MU right now. Stale offense.

It's like a bizarro West-Coast offense.

Walsh swore by the WC offense because it made the defense cover the entire field, not just 60% of it. They need to account for the flats, the middle, etc...; not just the deep 1/3s.

Well Yost has managed to make the defense account for the flats, the middle, etc...and IGNORE the deep 1/3s. We simply don't attack downfield at all. We run bubble screen after bubble screen after quick out after quick out. We run all these damn high risk, low reward plays. We aren't even sending Egnew into those seems where he can use his size advantage to go up and get a ball or shield off a defender to make the play.

If you're only going to use 1/2 the field, at least use the deep 1/2 and pull the safeties back to help the run game. And that way, on the off chance you do complete a pass, it goes for more than 3 yards.

Instead all we do is make sure that the entire defense can cram itself into a 20 yard area and create congestion everywhere.

It's a poorly designed offense that's being poorly run. But/for the unexpected explosion of Henry Josey, this team would be abysmal. I'm hoping it's just because this O-Line isn't a very good pass-blocking line. I watched a 3rd down play on Saturday where OSU's lineman stood up, hit the LG in the chest, and the LG just went down. Man to man, head up, and the D-Lineman simply knocked the guard to his ass. It was pathetic and I knew by the end of that 2nd drive that the game was over.

I guess the line thing is possible, but it's not a hell of a lot more acceptable. They were supposed to be beyond this point. They were supposed to have depth on the lines by now. It's just disappointing to see how stagnant they've been this season.

Bambi
10-24-2011, 02:23 PM

I couldn't make this up.

lol, this is pretty funny.

Thanks for sharing

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 02:24 PM

Garbage-time TD? There were more than 5 minutes left on the clock after Mizzou's last TD. That is not garbage time. Cutting it to one possession with plenty of time remaining to kick it deep and not even have to use time outs is not garbage time.

Missouri missed two sub-40 yard field goals in that game and threw a pick that gave ksu the ball at the 15. You were lucky to escape with the win. Just like you'll be lucky to still be in an AQ league in six years.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 02:30 PM
It's like a bizarro West-Coast offense.

Walsh swore by the WC offense because it made the defense cover the entire field, not just 60% of it. They need to account for the flats, the middle, etc...; not just the deep 1/3s.

Well Yost has managed to make the defense account for the flats, the middle, etc...and IGNORE the deep 1/3s. We simply don't attack downfield at all. We run bubble screen after bubble screen after quick out after quick out. We run all these damn high risk, low reward plays. We aren't even sending Egnew into those seems where he can use his size advantage to go up and get a ball or shield off a defender to make the play.

If you're only going to use 1/2 the field, at least use the deep 1/2 and pull the safeties back to help the run game. And that way, on the off chance you do complete a pass, it goes for more than 3 yards.

Instead all we do is make sure that the entire defense can cram itself into a 20 yard area and create congestion everywhere.

It's a poorly designed offense that's being poorly run. But/for the unexpected explosion of Henry Josey, this team would be abysmal. I'm hoping it's just because this O-Line isn't a very good pass-blocking line. I watched a 3rd down play on Saturday where OSU's lineman stood up, hit the LG in the chest, and the LG just went down. Man to man, head up, and the D-Lineman simply knocked the guard to his ass. It was pathetic and I knew by the end of that 2nd drive that the game was over.

I guess the line thing is possible, but it's not a hell of a lot more acceptable. They were supposed to be beyond this point. They were supposed to have depth on the lines by now. It's just disappointing to see how stagnant they've been this season.

They've barely run the bubble screen this season. They've run it so little, I've actually been CALLING for it (never thought I'd ask them to do it MORE).

I agree that Franklin hasn't hit the deep third of the field as well as possible this season. It's been strange, though. When they've run longer routes (which they've done a ton on third down, one of the reasons the conversion percentage is down so much and a staple of Dave Yost's time as OC), Franklin hasn't read/reacted quickly enough. When they've run short stuff, the D has been smothering it.

Need to change up tendencies there.

I am not giving up on Franklin yet. His running ability - though not a Pat White/Brad Smith level - is dangerous enough that teams have to respect him on the zone read (one of the reasons Josey has been so successful).

Throwing the ball, he doesn't make his reads quickly enough and his footwork is sloppy. When his footwork is good, he looks pretty solid throwing the ball. When it's bad, he's pretty awful.

Adjusting to the speed of the college game and improving footwork are both things that are workable.

To me, he's very similar to Zac Robinson at oSu. if they can get bowl eligible this year and he keeps progressing, the offense could really take a jump next season.

Of course, the expiration of the eiligibility of Wes "Runs in Quicksand" Kemp and Brandon "5-8 walk-on who plays because he blocks well" Gerau will mean that they will have to give more PT to Ladamian Washington and Marcus Lucas. Which is a good thing.

DeezNutz
10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm going to be surprised if Franklin is behind center next season.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Garbage-time TD? There were more than 5 minutes left on the clock after Mizzou's last TD. That is not garbage time. Cutting it to one possession with plenty of time remaining to kick it deep and not even have to use time outs is not garbage time.

Missouri missed two sub-40 yard field goals in that game and threw a pick that gave ksu the ball at the 15. You were lucky to escape with the win. Just like you'll be lucky to still be in an AQ league in six years.

And if their goddamn fullback doesn't make a 1-handed catch behind his head and rumble for 30 yards on 3rd down (after it damn near got deflected), they're punting back to MU with 2 minutes to drive for a tie after scoring on their last 2 possessions. Throw that ball 100 more times and I'll bet he doesn't catch a single one of them, but oh well.

They won, we lost. I have to live with that. At the same time, MU came out and absolutely gave the first half to K-State w/ the poorest effort I've seen from a collective unit sense the Larry Smith era. They simply didn't come ready to play, coming off a bye week no less. Even with that, MU still had a very good chance to win that game in Manhattan.

But such is life - they got the win. That doesn't mean I have to speak of a team that's incapable of throwing the football in hushed tones. Klein is essentially a slower version of Franklin with even less talent, but Snyder's done a masterful job of hiding his weaknesses and showcasing his strengths.

In other words - smoke and mirrors.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 02:36 PM
[Lots of fair points and good commentary that I'll simply concede and note that I'm still annoyed by how poorly this team is starting games and the effort their giving]

Of course, the expiration of the eiligibility of Wes "Runs in Quicksand" Kemp and Brandon "5-8 walk-on who plays because he blocks well" Gerau will mean that they will have to give more PT to Ladamian Washington and Marcus Lucas. Which is a good thing.

Washington's been quite a find. Which is pretty amazing considering how poorly Franklin's thrown downfield this year and how that's clearly Washington's strength.

He wasn't on my radar at all coming into this season but he's really made an impression on me.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Washington's been quite a find. Which is pretty amazing considering how poorly Franklin's thrown downfield this year and how that's clearly Washington's strength.

He wasn't on my radar at all coming into this season but he's really made an impression on me.

He's a great kid, too. Really speedy. Eats up ground on DBs, kind of like Danario Alexander, even though it looks like he's jogging.

Offense will look much different next year. Lucas is probably the next guy at the H position (Egnew/Alexander/Maclin/Rucker). I think he'll be pretty explosive there.

I like Washington on the outside at the X. Moe still in the slot (Y). Eric Waters at the Z (Blocking heavy, short-routes. What Coffman played when on the field with Rucker/Tommy Saunders' poisition).

And hopefully Dorial Green-Beckham to take one of those positions away from whoever he wants. I know the kid has a friendship with and admiration of Danario Alexander, and I think their strategy is to recruit him to play the H position Danario beasted his senior year.

I'd be cool with that. DGB/Washington/Lucas/Moe would be a nice pairing with Franklin/Josey.

HemiEd
10-24-2011, 02:45 PM
How about those overturned calls for turnovers?

If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 02:45 PM

butthurt!

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm going to be surprised if Franklin is behind center next season.

I haven't seen Berkstresser play much, but I have a hard time seeing him beat out Franklin. Mauk would have to enroll in January, learn the playbook, learn how to run the zone read (his HS is five-wide all game long) and adjust to the huge jump in competition.

I think Franklin's the guy again next year, unless Berk takes it from him.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 02:50 PM
butthurt!

:LOL:

OK, man. If that's your definition of garbage-time TD - that any TD scored inside 10 minutes of a two-possession game is garbage time - then that's cool.

You're wrong about what garbage time is, but that's your right.

Good luck against OU.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 02:53 PM
:LOL:

OK, man. If that's your definition of garbage-time TD - that any TD scored inside 10 minutes of a two-possession game is garbage time - then that's cool.

You're wrong about what garbage time is, but that's your right.

Good luck against OU.

I suppose it's a stretch to call it garbage time, but KSU basically started playing prevent defense (albeit somewhat poorly as evidenced by the TDs we gave up). If we continued the same defense we did the rest of the game, you never get back to within a score again.

To me, a score against a prevent D is garbage.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 02:54 PM
He's a great kid, too. Really speedy. Eats up ground on DBs, kind of like Danario Alexander, even though it looks like he's jogging.

Offense will look much different next year. Lucas is probably the next guy at the H position (Egnew/Alexander/Maclin/Rucker). I think he'll be pretty explosive there.

I like Washington on the outside at the X. Moe still in the slot (Y). Eric Waters at the Z (Blocking heavy, short-routes. What Coffman played when on the field with Rucker/Tommy Saunders' poisition).

And hopefully Dorial Green-Beckham to take one of those positions away from whoever he wants. I know the kid has a friendship with and admiration of Danario Alexander, and I think their strategy is to recruit him to play the H position Danario beasted his senior year.

I'd be cool with that. DGB/Washington/Lucas/Moe would be a nice pairing with Franklin/Josey.

Washington is a guy I look at when I say I'm not worried about Pinkel's ability to re-build recruiting from the SEC.

Washington was probably our 'worst' recruit in 2009. He wasn't highly touted, wasn't highly sought after, just a tall fast kid from Louisiana that looked like an athlete.

3 years later he's looking like he could take the starting role next year from Sasser and Hunt, 2 highly touted members of (arguably) Mizzou's best ever recruiting class.

This staff simply doesn't go chasing Rivals guys. They look for athletes that fit their profile and they coach them to the offense. Guess what? There's a shitload of those athletes in SEC country. There's a bunch of *** guys out there that aren't getting offers from Florida or Georgia that this staff could do a ton with.

Now if they could just take some of those athletes and teach them to play DB.

SPchief
10-24-2011, 02:56 PM
basketball!

O.city
10-24-2011, 02:57 PM

My wife's brother is really good friends with DGB. Sorry bro, but he isn't making his way to Columbia.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 02:58 PM
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAcccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 03:09 PM
My wife's brother is really good friends with DGB. Sorry bro, but he isn't making his way to Columbia.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard something like that since this kid's freshman year of HS, I'd be in pretty good shape...

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 03:09 PM

That's not true by the way.

O.city
10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard something like that since this kid's freshman year of HS, I'd be in pretty good shape...

I know I know.

He's going to Arkansas.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 03:13 PM
I know I know.

He's going to Arkansas.

Yeah, that's what I keep reading.

I don't anticipate him coming to Columbia.

BigCatDaddy
10-24-2011, 03:14 PM
KK has a new man crush.

Billiy Joe Tolliver - "We didn't even know Missouri played football"

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
I know I know.

He's going to Arkansas.

I'm taking the:

"Not expecting to get him but not believing anything until we hear it from the family/DGB himself" approach.

Losing him to Petrino would be difficult to stomach.

O.city
10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah, that's what I keep reading.

I don't anticipate him coming to Columbia.

He did make a trip to Columbia for homecoming, but it was then said that MIZ wasn't in his top 5.

The fact that Arkansas runs a prostyle offense and throws the ball all over the place and look at the receivers they will put in the NFL this year. It makes it pretty tough to see him not going to Fayettvile.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 03:25 PM
He did make a trip to Columbia for homecoming, but it was then said that MIZ wasn't in his top 5.

The top 3 quote that didn't include Mizzou came out after the Arkie visit, and it was from another player, who he met on the recruiting trip to Arkansas for the very first time. I have a hard time seeing a kid as quiet and reserved as DGB talking to a guy he just met about something he won't talk about outside his family.

John Beckham then said it wasn't true, that a top 3 hadn't been named.

Then he visited Mizzou for homecoming.

Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas all offer quite a bit to a kid who wants to be in a passing offense. And I think Jeremy Maclin has had more NFL success than anybody Bobby Petrino has coached (unless I'm forgetting someone)...

HemiEd
10-24-2011, 03:26 PM
That's not true by the way.

1999, ND and Texas

He also lost consecutive post season games in 2003, K-State and LSU

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 03:28 PM
The top 3 quote that didn't include Mizzou came out after the Arkie visit, and it was from another player, who he met on the recruiting trip to Arkansas for the very first time. I have a hard time seeing a kid as quiet and reserved as DGB talking to a guy he just met about something he won't talk about outside his family.

Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas all offer quite a bit to a kid who wants to be in a passing offense. And I think Jeremy Maclin has had more NFL success than anybody Bobby Petrino has coached (unless I'm forgetting someone)...

You don't think DGB will be impressed by the career of future HOF Harry Douglas?

O.city
10-24-2011, 03:29 PM

Have you watched Arkansas the past two seasons? They have receivers running all over the place and they throw it 50 times a game. Plus with Wilson coming back next year vs. Franklin?

I'm just saying if it was me and I was in his situation, Arkansas offers a better situation next year than Mizzou or Oklahoma.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Have you watched Arkansas the past two seasons? They have receivers running all over the place and they throw it 50 times a game. Plus with Wilson coming back next year vs. Franklin?

I'm just saying if it was me and I was in his situation, Arkansas offers a better situation next year than Mizzou or Oklahoma.

I'm not saying Arkansas doesn't offer anything, not at all. And I know they have several excellent receivers this season.

Just saying Jeremy Maclin has had a better career and was drafted higher than any of those guys are likely to be. He did OK at Mizzou.

DGB also has been talking quite a bit to Maty Mauk, the QB in Mizzou's class. Mauk has family in Springfield and set up a visit with DGB while he was there to hang out and throw the ball.

Wilson is good, but DGB would only have one year to play with him. And though Franklin has had some struggles this year, he also has put up big-time performances against OU and ASU on primetime, as well as when DGB was there to watch him.

Again, not saying I don't see any allure to Arkansas. Just that Missouri has some allure, too, and it has some advantages as well.

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 03:36 PM

Why do you think the decision is being made solely on next year? Arkansas doesn't have anyone behind Tyler Wilson, so who will throw DGB the ball the other two/three years he will be in school?

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 03:36 PM

And he's probably only looking at a 3-yr college career, so that freshman season is going to be a big one for him.

MU had a lot of momentum in this thing going into the fall, all the way down to Mauk having been observed throwing with DGB a time or two. Too bad this season has been such a crap-fest.

I'd probably head to Arkansas as well, were I DGB. Jones is about to take off, so he may have another 'Franklin' in Oklahoma. And the original article hasn't shown that he has any ability at all to maximize a downfield WRs talents.

If you're only looking to play for 3 years at the collegiate level, Arkansas absolutely looks like the best situation to go into.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 03:41 PM
And he's probably only looking at a 3-yr college career, so that freshman season is going to be a big one for him.

MU had a lot of momentum in this thing going into the fall, all the way down to Mauk having been observed throwing with DGB a time or two. Too bad this season has been such a crap-fest.

I'd probably head to Arkansas as well, were I DGB. Jones is about to take off, so he may have another 'Franklin' in Oklahoma. And the original article hasn't shown that he has any ability at all to maximize a downfield WRs talents.

If you're only looking to play for 3 years at the collegiate level, Arkansas absolutely looks like the best situation to go into.

I would disagree a little that it's all about his freshman year... his sophomore and junior years will be very important for his draft position. Probably more important than his freshman year.

He seems pretty comfortable with Maty Mauk, who likely will be throwing him the ball at least his junior year and possibly his sophomore year, too (Hell, Mauk MIGHT be throwing him the ball all three years if he gets here in the spring).

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Jealous, butthurt, ballsack.

O.city
10-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm not saying Arkansas doesn't offer anything, not at all. And I know they have several excellent receivers this season.

Just saying Jeremy Maclin has had a better career and was drafted higher than any of those guys are likely to be. He did OK at Mizzou.

DGB also has been talking quite a bit to Maty Mauk, the QB in Mizzou's class. Mauk has family in Springfield and set up a visit with DGB while he was there to hang out and throw the ball.

Wilson is good, but DGB would only have one year to play with him. And though Franklin has had some struggles this year, he also has put up big-time performances against OU and ASU on primetime, as well as when DGB was there to watch him.

Again, not saying I don't see any allure to Arkansas. Just that Missouri has some allure, too, and it has some advantages as well.

Like Dj just stated, he's not gonna be anywhere for four years. The guy could probably make the jump after 1 or 2 years. No offense, I consider myself a Mizzou football fan, but looking at the style of offense Mizzou runs vs. Arkansas, I'm picking Arkansas.

Yah Mizzou has alot to offer as well, won't argue with you there. But Mauk may not start until year 3 of DGB. Prob. year 2 but who knows.

Franklin has also absolutely shit the bed against inferior teams this year. Door swings both ways.

duncan_idaho
10-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Like Dj just stated, he's not gonna be anywhere for four years. The guy could probably make the jump after 1 or 2 years. No offense, I consider myself a Mizzou football fan, but looking at the style of offense Mizzou runs vs. Arkansas, I'm picking Arkansas.

Yah Mizzou has alot to offer as well, won't argue with you there. But Mauk may not start until year 3 of DGB. Prob. year 2 but who knows.

Franklin has also absolutely shit the bed against inferior teams this year. Door swings both ways.

DGB can't make the jump after 1 or 2 years. He has to play three seasons where ever he goes.

His sophomore and junior seasons will be very, very important to him. Though to be honest, he's such a gifted specimen, it probably doesn't mattter how productive he is in college.

O.city
10-24-2011, 03:51 PM
DGB can't make the jump after 1 or 2 years. He has to play three seasons where ever he goes.

His sophomore and junior seasons will be very, very important to him. Though to be honest, he's such a gifted specimen, it probably doesn't mattter how productive he is in college.

I wasn't saying he was gonna go after 1 or 2. Just that he would be ready to make the jump if he could.

I think you are overplaying the whole Mauk situation. It will make some difference, but if it's me I'm picking the best system for my talents. Not what qb could be playing with me 2 or 3 years down the road.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 03:52 PM
I would disagree a little that it's all about his freshman year... his sophomore and junior years will be very important for his draft position. Probably more important than his freshman year.

He seems pretty comfortable with Maty Mauk, who likely will be throwing him the ball at least his junior year and possibly his sophomore year, too (Hell, Mauk MIGHT be throwing him the ball all three years if he gets here in the spring).

Pinkel should just offer to make Mauk the starter if DGB will sign on the dotted line...

I think he can springboard himself to a Megatron type draft position if he comes in and rocks the world as a freshman. Then he'll get some slack for his 'sophomore slump' under a new quarterback the following year, and he'll be primed for that big junior season w/ a quarterback in his 2nd year as a starter (throwing to a nice big target).

I understand that there are a lot of plusses for Mizzou as well (Mauk being the most apparent), but if I'm him, I look at the season Mizzou has had and wonder if they haven't peaked for the next few years, especially w/ the move to the SEC.

O.city
10-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Pinkel should just offer to make Mauk the starter if DGB will sign on the dotted line...

I think he can springboard himself to a Megatron type draft position if he comes in and rocks the world as a freshman. Then he'll get some slack for his 'sophomore slump' under a new quarterback the following year, and he'll be primed for that big junior season w/ a quarterback in his 2nd year as a starter (throwing to a nice big target).

I understand that there are a lot of plusses for Mizzou as well (Mauk being the most apparent), but if I'm him, I look at the season Mizzou has had and wonder if they haven't peaked for the next few years, especially w/ the move to the SEC.

This.

I think it will hurt MIz alot with the year they are having. Especially if LSU beats Alabama, then Arkansas runs the table and beats LSU on Thanksgiving weekend in Baton Rouge. They would prob go on to win the SEC and get a BCS bowl.

Which looks more impressive, a BCS bowl or the Holliday Bowl?

Not a knock on Mizzou, their last three qb's are in the NFL and MIzzou fans havnen't realized what they had.

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Is there not a MIZZOU football thread where this boring conversation could be taking place?

HemiEd
10-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Is there not a MIZZOU football thread where this boring conversation could be taking place?

Oh this thread has always been about Mizzou, didn't you know?

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 04:12 PM

Do you have something to contribute?

Titty Meat
10-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Mizzou fans how the fuck do you let someone from your own state thats as gifted as DGB go to another school?

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Do you have something to contribute?

Sure.

I think that Washington kid sounds like a real baller. Him and DMB together would be awesome.

SEC Championship!

KChiefs1
10-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Big 12 report:
Report from Big 12 Board of Directors Meeting
Courtesy: Big12Sports.com
* * * * * Release: 10/24/2011

In a regularly-scheduled meeting today at an undisclosed Dallas area location, the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors reaffirmed previous action to execute institutional grants of Tier 1 (over-the-air) and Tier 2 (cable) television rights to the Conference.

The Board also discussed a wide range of topics including NCAA legislation, the Bowl Championship Series, and exploration of a Conference dedicated TV network. Additionally, a strong desire for the University of Missouri to maintain its Big 12 affiliation was expressed. All 10 member institutions and TCU participated in the meeting.

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 04:32 PM
In a regularly-scheduled meeting today at an undisclosed Dallas area location, the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors reaffirmed previous action to execute institutional grants of Tier 1 (over-the-air) and Tier 2 (cable) television rights to the Conference.

The Board also discussed a wide range of topics including NCAA legislation, the Bowl Championship Series, and exploration of a Conference dedicated TV network. Additionally, a strong desire for the University of Missouri to maintain its Big 12 affiliation was expressed. All 10 member institutions and TCU participated in the meeting.

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

KChiefs1
10-24-2011, 04:36 PM
KU/KSU/ISU should be thanking MU for twisting Bevo's tail!

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-24-2011, 04:38 PM
KU/KSU/ISU should be thanking MU for twisting Bevo's tail!

I sent a nice floral arrangement to Columbia last week.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 04:41 PM

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Dear Deaton:

As I know this has now gone above Alden's head, please be advised that the fans of the University of Missouri will probably find you and gut your worthless chickenshit ass if you bail out of this.

-- Mgmt.

dirk digler
10-24-2011, 04:48 PM
I thought this was a done deal? They will probably screw this up someway.

KChiefs1
10-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Deaton's a pussy.

dirk digler
10-24-2011, 04:54 PM

Interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas just told The Star that Missouri did not submit a letter of conditional withdrawal nor did it notify the Big 12 on Monday of its plans to leave the Big 12.

eazyb81
10-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Deloss Dodds convincing Deaton not to withdraw from the Big 12 today.

http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/g/george-mcfly-vs-biff-tannen-630-75.jpg

Saulbadguy
10-24-2011, 04:55 PM
God damnit. If MU fucks this up, i'll be royally pissed. GET THE FUCK OUT ALREADY.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 05:00 PM

They wouldn't, would they?

Yeah...yeah they would...

Bowser
10-24-2011, 05:02 PM
I just..... I don't even.......

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I expect him to announce they are going to the sec once he is back in columbia.

dirk digler
10-24-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2011/oct/24/no-withdrawal-notice-from-mu-to-big-12/
No withdrawal notice from MU to Big 12

By Dave Matter (http://www.columbiatribune.com/users/dmatter/)
Posted October 24, 2011 at 6:17 p.m.

The Big 12 board of directors wrapped up its meeting Monday in Dallas without Missouri announcing its withdrawal from the conference. Instead, the Big 12 offered this statement Monday evening:

In a regularly-scheduled meeting today at an undisclosed Dallas area location, the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors reaffirmed previous action to execute institutional grants of Tier 1 (over-the-air) and Tier 2 (cable) television rights to the Conference. The Board also discussed a wide range of topics including NCAA legislation, the Bowl Championship Series, and exploration of a Conference dedicated TV network. Additionally, a strong desire for the University of Missouri to maintain its Big 12 affiliation was expressed. All 10 member institutions and TCU participated in the meeting.
Why no withdrawal from Missouri? A university source indicated that Monday was too soon to expect Chancellor Brady Deaton to work out several details with both the Big 12 and Southeastern Conference before formally completing the withdrawal process.

Bowser
10-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Deep breath........finding center..........opening eyes slowly.......

Reaper16
10-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Mizzou is playing the long con.

talastan
10-24-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2011/oct/24/no-withdrawal-notice-from-mu-to-big-12/

The Big 12 board of directors wrapped up its meeting Monday in Dallas without Missouri announcing its withdrawal from the conference. Instead, the Big 12 offered this statement Monday evening:

In a regularly-scheduled meeting today at an undisclosed Dallas area location, the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors reaffirmed previous action to execute institutional grants of Tier 1 (over-the-air) and Tier 2 (cable) television rights to the Conference. The Board also discussed a wide range of topics including NCAA legislation, the Bowl Championship Series, and exploration of a Conference dedicated TV network. Additionally, a strong desire for the University of Missouri to maintain its Big 12 affiliation was expressed. All 10 member institutions and TCU participated in the meeting.
Why no withdrawal from Missouri? A university source indicated that Monday was too soon to expect Chancellor Brady Deaton to work out several details with both the Big 12 and Southeastern Conference before formally completing the withdrawal process.

If Deaton and MU screw this up you can kiss a huge portion of the fanbase goodbye.

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 05:45 PM
If Deaton and MU screw this up you can kiss a huge portion of the fanbase goodbye.

Nah...maybe some fallout, but those fans will come back around football season.

KChiefs1
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Deaton needs to explain.....

KcMizzou
10-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Why is everyone freaking out?

DJ's left nut
10-24-2011, 05:52 PM

Ever seen a kicked puppy flinch?

KcMizzou
10-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Ever seen a kicked puppy flinch?LMAO

Point taken.

KChiefs1
10-24-2011, 05:55 PM

I think most of us were thinking an official announcement of withdrawal from the Big 12 would be announced today.

KChiefs1
10-24-2011, 05:56 PM

Heartbreaking.

Bowser
10-24-2011, 05:58 PM

Haha. Succinct.

KChiefs1
10-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Dave Matter:

By DAVE MATTER

KChiefs1
10-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Insider's thoughts:
First of all, let's look at all of this rationally. We believed today was the day because of a regularly scheduled meeting of the Presidents. It seemed logical. Here is what I know is true and what I think is happening.

1. Deaton wanted to speak to all of the other Presidents. In doing so, he did that in good faith and not to run out the door. I know this for a fact.

2. The release says that ALL institutions expressed their desire to have Missouri stay. Not that we are leaving or that anything has changed. It isn't and hasn't. This is a fact.

3. The reason for going there is also to hold the Big 12's feet to the fire in relation to exit fees. I should have put this first. This is an attempt to hear about expansion, as we are still members in good standing, and if there are plans to go forward. It is ammunition to let those negotiating those fees to find out what is happening. If Deaton does not go, you are no longer privileged to that information.

4. The exit fee stage is the only bartering measure. This is a fact. Coaches have been told, some "special" people have been told and the SEC has released stuff saying we are going to the SEC. If Mizzou can say you have these three markets lined up for our departure, our fees should be a lot lower. Millions. It's a lot of money to save.

5. Nothing stops us from having a release tonight or in the morning stating we are conditionally withdrawing and applying to the SEC. I think we all just got a little snookered into thinking this meeting - which again was regularly scheduled - would be the time of exit.

Hold fast. Don't panic. No actions in the past month would be necessary if we were staying. Furthermore, every move so far has been with a lot of strategy. The KC move was brilliant. This one only has to do with paring down the fees. We didn't express our desire to stay. THE OTHER SCHOOLS EXPRESSED THEIR DESIRE TO HAVE US STAY. Big difference.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 06:20 PM
But but but, Gabe SAID!

Reerun_KC
10-24-2011, 06:27 PM
So MU? Deal is done now?

I am getting tired of asking. When are you going to Ballsack up?

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 06:55 PM
But but but, Gabe SAID!

He absolutely did not say that. In fact, he went so far as to start a thread this morning saying that he had no information stating that today is the day. Sorry, dipshit.

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Insider's thoughts:

Sorry...but that's awesome.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 07:32 PM
He absolutely did not say that. In fact, he went so far as to start a thread this morning saying that he had no information stating that today is the day. Sorry, dipshit.

really? how's my ass taste?

GabeDeArmond (http://twitter.com/#%21/GabeDeArmond) Gabe DeArmond

Have received more info confirming what I wrote yesterday that <s class="hash">#</s>Mizzou (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Mizzou) will withdraw from Big 12 today. Only ? is when/how news comes out.

6 hours ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/GabeDeArmond/status/128546258263621633)

|Zach|
10-24-2011, 07:35 PM
"only question is when\how news come out"

kstater
10-24-2011, 07:37 PM
@DanBeebe (http://twitter.com/#%21/DanBeebe)
A Decade and a Half of Meh: A Proud History of Missouri in the Big 12 <s class="hash">#</s>Big12NetworkShows (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Big12NetworkShows)

Mr. Plow
10-24-2011, 07:44 PM

<s class="hash">"#</s>Mizzou (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Mizzou) will withdraw from Big 12 today. Only ? is when/how news comes out."

sedated
10-24-2011, 07:45 PM
A Decade and a Half of Meth: A Proud History of Missouri in the Big 12

Fyp

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2011, 07:48 PM

"more info confirming what I wrote yesterday that <s class="hash">#</s>Mizzou (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Mizzou) will withdraw from Big 12 today"

Bambi
10-24-2011, 07:48 PM
This Dave Matter guy and the Dearmounds sure have hitched their wagons to MU leaving the Big 12.

Hope it works out for them. damn

Bambi
10-24-2011, 07:51 PM

810 tomorrow at 2pm CST is appointment radio for some lol's. KK is gonna have a field day.

kcfan82
10-24-2011, 08:41 PM
It's a pretty big decision that rests soley on Deaton's shoulders, I'd take my time to think it through if I were him as well.

Even as a Nebraska fan, I stil question/questioned Nebraska leaving for the Big 10.

I'm surprised I haven't hear a single Missouri fan do the same.

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 08:45 PM
It's a pretty big decision that rests soley on Deaton's shoulders, I'd take my time to think it through if I were him as well.

Even as a Nebraska fan, I stil question/questioned Nebraska leaving for the Big 10.

That's because Mizzou was offered a full membership to the SEC, and not a junior membership to the B1G.

Bambi
10-24-2011, 08:52 PM

Plenty question the move. Remember there are only like 8 MU fans that consistently post in this thread on Chiefsplanet.

In real life there may be close to 800 MU fans out there.

Pants
10-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Plenty question the move. Remember there are only like 8 MU fans that consistently post in this thread on Chiefsplanet.

LMAO

Mosbonian
10-24-2011, 09:21 PM

The most fun for me is watching people like you whine, bitch, moan and rant.

And just because we don't post it here doesn't mean we don't question whether a move is right for MU. We just find it more entertaining to play "kick the cat" with guys like you and pissing you off by screaming for a move to a real conference, not one where we have to kiss the a$$ of OU and Texas.

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Deaton may have let some info slip on KOMU tonight.

kcfan82
10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I was holding out hope that if the conference apocalypse happened KU, MU, KSU (and another) would end up in the Big 10.

Lots of long time rivalries I don't want to lose.

Not to mention, KU, KSU, and MU would help the B1G not get embarrased in the ACC/B!G challenge.

Saul Good
10-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Brady Deaton: "I think the Big XII is making moves that are best for the Big XII, and I wish them the best".

Bambi
10-24-2011, 09:31 PM
The most fun for me is watching people like you whine, bitch, moan and rant.

And just because we don't post it here doesn't mean we don't question whether a move is right for MU. We just find it more entertaining to play "kick the cat" with guys like you and pissing you off by screaming for a move to a real conference, not one where we have to kiss the a$$ of OU and Texas.

Who's mad?

I'm confused.

I thought I was the happy one licking the Texas ballsack and MU fans were angry.

Can't have it both ways dude.

Mosbonian
10-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I was holding out hope that if the conference apocalypse happened KU, MU, KSU (and another) would end up in the Big 10.

Lots of long time rivalries I don't want to lose.

Not to mention, KU, KSU, and MU would help the B1G not get embarrased in the ACC/B!G challenge.

If you talk to people who are B1G fans they believe they don't need anyone else. They are waiting for Notre Dame to cave in and join them and then they will have their closed Fraternity. If they were generous they might let in someone like Rutgers, but have no need for it.

There's virtually no chance that MU, KU and KSU will be in the B1G together unless something drastic happens.

Mosbonian
10-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Who's mad?

I'm confused.I thought I was the happy one licking the Texas ballsack and MU fans were angry.

Can't have it both ways dude.

The part that is most important to realize is the bolded part...you've been confused this whole thread.

Jerm
10-24-2011, 09:38 PM
If you read the full KOMU article with Deaton's quotes...it's CLEAR Mizzou is leaving, just a matter of time.

kcfan82
10-24-2011, 09:41 PM
If you talk to people who are B1G fans they believe they don't need anyone else. They are waiting for Notre Dame to cave in and join them and then they will have their closed Fraternity. If they were generous they might let in someone like Rutgers, but have no need for it.

There's virtually no chance that MU, KU and KSU will be in the B1G together unless something drastic happens.

From what I've heard, the B1G and Notre Dame have bad blood now and Notre Dame isn't welcome, (and vice versa) hence the Notre Dame to the ACC talk.

If the B1G is forced to keep up with the Joneses then KU, KSU, and MU are the best fit in my mind. F Rutgers, and the other northeastern schools that really don't give that much of a sh*t about college sports.

I'm just saying that those are the 3 schools I'd like to have if it goes tumbling down.

Mosbonian
10-24-2011, 09:49 PM
From what I've heard, the B1G and Notre Dame have bad blood now and Notre Dame isn't welcome, (and vice versa) hence the Notre Dame to the ACC talk.

If the B1G is forced to keep up with the Joneses then KU, KSU, and MU are the best fit in my mind. F Rutgers, and the other northeastern schools that really don't give that much of a sh*t about college sports.

I'm just saying that those are the 3 schools I'd like to have if it goes tumbling down.

Do you really think that if ND comes calling to the B1G that they won't welcome them with open arms?

There's too much money involved to not have them there. ND will decide where they want to go, (ACC or B1G) and whomever they pick will gladly accept them.

Mosbonian
10-24-2011, 09:50 PM
If you read the full KOMU article with Deaton's quotes...it's CLEAR Mizzou is leaving, just a matter of time.

You have a link to the article?

KChiefs1
10-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Deaton's comments:
Deaton wishes the Big 12 "the best, and all of that"

BY VAHE GREGORIAN • vgregorian@post-dispatch.com > 314-340-8199 |

Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 7:41 pm

COLUMBIA, MO. - On Friday, Missouri took further audacious steps to set up a departure from the Big 12 to the Southeastern Conference when the system Board of Curators authorized chancellor Brady Deaton to take action and negotiate contracts regarding conference alignment and Deaton leaped so far out on a limb as to acknowledge an exchange of information with the SEC.

With SEC-bound Texas A&M next up on MU's football schedule and a Big 12 Board of Directors meeting scheduled Monday in Dallas, the timing seemed right for the next logical step:

For Deaton to proclaim at least a conditional withdrawal from the Big 12.

But following the Big 12 meeting, there was only this statement from the Big 12:

"In a regularly-scheduled meeting today at an undisclosed Dallas area location, the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors reaffirmed previous action to execute institutional grants of Tier 1 (over-the-air) and Tier 2 (cable) television rights to the Conference.

"The Board also discussed a wide range of topics, including NCAA legislation, the Bowl Championship Series, and exploration of a conference-dedicated TV network. Additionally, a strong desire for the University of Missouri to maintain its Big 12 affiliation was expressed."

The desire for MU to stay didn't seem reciprocated, though.

At Columbia Regional Airport late Monday, Deaton told KOMU TV in Columbia that there are "no delays here at all. There are some very specific things that have to be addressed, and we are addressing those."

He declined to elaborate on specifics, but added, "It's the kind of thing you can't rush. I know fans get impatient. Let me say, I'm very sympathetic, but what I hope they will understand is that it's not a set of issue that one can press a button and be done with it."

He added that the Big 12 is "making some of the right moves, now, that are necessary for the Big 12 to do, and I wish them the best and all of that. So we'll see where that goes."

As for the content of the meeting, perhaps the most apt words came from Twitter sensation Fake Dan Beebe, as in the former Big 12 commissioner who recently resigned:

"THEY'RE DISCUSSING A BIG 12 NETWORK NOW????!?!?"

Perhaps, but apparently not one that would include all 10 schools currently remaining in the lineup, including Texas Christian in place of A&M next year. Texas is not going to give up its Longhorn Network, for starters.

But it's believed there was discussion of bundling the third-tier rights of most of the other schools for equal distribution.

It's not known how that point came about during the meeting, but a source familiar with the dynamics of the conference's last attempts to persuade A&M to stay believed it was likely the meeting included a similar basic question of MU.

What will it take for you to stay?

It's possible the discussion then turned in the direction of third-tier rights, which may or may not have constituted an entirely fresh look at the matter.

Whatever the case, it's highly unlikely that's a game-changer for MU, which by all appearances already has checked out.

Although Deaton said last week there would "continue to be no unnecessary or inappropriate delays" in the decision-making, he also has called the decision a "weighty" one and won't be hasty just to get it out of the way.

Uncertainty about the future of the Big 12 compelled MU to gird itself for the future by considering alternatives, and the SEC has given every indication behind the scenes that it would accept a Missouri application if all potential legal entanglements are removed.

It's not known whether such concerns would include a clash over the timing of MU's departure, which Big 12 interim commissioner Chuck Neinas has said won't be for next year.

That was likely a strategic negotiating stance since Big 12 television inventory would fall short of its contractual TV obligations for football if it is only able to field a nine-team conference in 2012.

While the Big 12 figures to restock to 10 and possibly move back to 12 if Mizzou leaves, its prime potential targets - West Virginia, Louisville and Cincinnati - are in the Big East, which is holding Pittsburgh and Syracuse to a 27-month departure time for their next conference, the Atlantic Coast.

So if MU wants to leave for next year but the Big 12 can't replenish itself in time, potential legal conflicts could surface.

Despite Neinas' contention, Deaton said Friday that if MU leaves it would seek to go in 2012.

Deaton stepped down as chairman of the board of the Big 12 earlier this month as he was authorized by the curators to explore options for conference alignment.

When asked Friday what the next step in the process would be, MU board chair Warren Erdman said, "The next step will be resolution of the question."

But perhaps just not as soon as many had expected.

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2011, 09:55 PM
You have a link to the article?http://www.komu.com/news/exclusive-deaton-comments-on-big-12-meeting/

KChiefs1
10-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Mike DeArmond:
By Mike DeArmond - Posted on 24 October 2011

COLUMBIA – Interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas has told The Star that Missouri did not submit a letter of conditional withdrawal nor did it notify the Big 12 Conference on Monday of its plans to leave.
“The conference encouraged Missouri to stay in the Big 12,” Neinas added, referring to a statement to be released by the league concerning the Big 12 Board of Directors meeting on Monday in Dallas.
When asked if following its release Neinas could be asked for further guidance, Neinas said: “You could, but I won’t give you any.”
But Monday night, in an interview with KOMU-TV, Missouri chancellor Brady Deaton added some perspective, including a statement that he wished the Big 12 “the best and all of that.”
“So we’ll see where that goes,” Deaton added.
The Big 12 release was at best noncommittal:
“In a regularly-scheduled meeting today at an undisclosed Dallas area location, the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors reaffirmed previous action to execute institutional grants of Tier 1 (over-the-air) and Tier 2 (cable) television rights to the Conference.
“The Board also discussed a wide range of topics including NCAA legislation, the Bowl Championship Series, and exploration of a Conference dedicated TV network.
“Additionally, a strong desire for the University of Missouri to maintain its Big 12 affiliation was expressed. All 10 member institutions and TCU participated in the meeting.”
Across Internet message boards poured frustration from Missouri fans anticipating the school would give the Big 12 formal notice of its withdrawal, if not announce its application for membership of the Southeastern Conference.
Some expressed skepticism that the Big 12’s statement was truly reflective of what transpired when Deaton met with his contemporaries at an undisclosed location in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
There was no evidence provided Monday that Missouri had made any move away from the Big 12, despite the Missouri Board of Curators having authorized Deaton last Friday in Kansas City to act as he best saw fit in exploring Mizzou’s options for conference affiliation.
But Deaton said, in the interview with KOMU at Columbia Regional Airport, that there were “no delays here at all.
“It’s the kind of thing you can’t rush. I know fans get impatient.
“Let me say, I’m very sympathetic, but what I hope they will understand is that it’s not a set of issues that one can press a button and be done with.”
Deaton indicated the Big 12 is “making some of the right moves, now, that are necessary for the Big 12 to do, and I wish them the best and all of that.”
If that sounds like the right moves are coming too late to deter Missouri from joining the SEC, well that is a widely-held belief among those who want Missouri to bolt the dysfunctional Big 12.
Meanwhile, in Columbia, a long-time Missouri supporter wondered over the choice Mizzou has still not publicly made between the
Big 12 and the SEC.
“Tiger John” Cleek, like his father before him, “Mizzou Mo” Cleek before him, has sold appliances and home furnishings to the folk living in Columbia and mid-Missouri for decades.
He has been a Missouri fan all his life.
“Truthfully, I had held out hope that the Big 12 could maintain its stability, just because I’ve been for 55 years a Missouri fan,” Cleek said. “That we could keep our traditional rivals.”
But Cleek expressed confidence in Deaton and Missouri athletic director Mike Alden making the decision that might be necessary to send Mizzou’s athletic ship of state into SEC waters.
“Financially we’ve got to make this thing work,” Cleek said. “They’re in position to have the information and the knowledge that those of us here don’t have.
“It’s going to be a very major decision, but when you’ve seen in the last 16 to 18 months where Oklahoma and Texas both just about left.
“My heart says I’d love to stay in the Big 12. But financially and in terms of long-term stability it looks like the SEC would be a real good opportunity for us.”
If Missouri did not immediately jump to cash in on that opportunity on Monday, Cleek seemed not troubled by yet another day going by without a monumental decision being announced.
“I think the chancellor is very much looking out for what is best at the University of Missouri.”
Over the weekend, many MU boosters said privately that a move to the SEC was a foregone conclusion, reflective of nearly a week of local and national media reports.
But what ultimately is decided to be the best for the University of Missouri, for now, remains in public limbo.