PDA

View Full Version : ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

the Talking Can
10-08-2012, 07:41 AM
The "movement" is teetering on the brink of being labelled irrelevant antagonizers.

Jumping into bed with an instigator like Whitlock right now probably isn't prudent.

The enemy of your enemy isn't necessarily your friend.

i think you're taking things way too seriously

if whitlock wants to put up a billboard to shame clark, that's great...

in the end, it's just shenanigans...the only fun thing in a shitty season

htismaqe
10-08-2012, 07:43 AM
i think you're taking things way too seriously

if whitlock wants to put up a billboard to shame clark, that's great...

in the end, it's just shenanigans...the only fun thing in a shitty season

Maybe I am, but it felt like going into the game yesterday we actually had some momentum.

Now it feels like we're stuck with Pioli and Cassel yet again and the entire football world thinks we're evil.

the Talking Can
10-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Maybe I am, but it felt like going into the game yesterday we actually had some momentum.

Now it feels like we're stuck with Pioli and Cassel yet again and the entire football world thinks we're evil.

sure, it sucks, but it's just the media-sphere

creating a bit of chaos is good...in the end, the message to clark is clear: something is wrong

i'd just enjoy it...we've got 11 games left to lose

htismaqe
10-08-2012, 07:54 AM
sure, it sucks, but it's just the media-sphere

creating a bit of chaos is good...in the end, the message to clark is clear: something is wrong

i'd just enjoy it...we've got 11 games left to lose

And what about next year when Matt, because of the injury, is brought back?

WV
10-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Dan Patrick is going to talk about KC

He did talk about it with Peter King and it amounted to nothing. Peter King did a nice job of explaining that if it did happen (he didn't hear it) he attributed it to the same 10% of nut jobs that are crazy on the internet.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 07:59 AM
We don't have very much footage but I guess I can make a short video with the two photos, the HD youtube clip and a few Ravens clips.

Wish we had more.

the Talking Can
10-08-2012, 08:02 AM
And what about next year when Matt, because of the injury, is brought back?

i don't know....we kill ourselves?

we're doing this for our enjoyment and sanity, we can't control what Clark does...

WV
10-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Nck athan sounded like a big douche on the radio saying we aren't true fans because of the banner

Nick Athan has zero credibility outside of that pitiful excuse of a website he runs as a front to rob the sheep that frequent there. So fuck him and his opinions. His subscribers need to take his advice when they are asked to renew their commy tribute.

Mile High Mania
10-08-2012, 08:10 AM
I said this last week... there's really only so much a bunch of fans can do. That being said, you've created quite a buzz and now you have someone like Whitock offering up cash in support.

Like him or not, he's very visible and that's what you need to really push the momentum. Maybe you should roll out some YouTube videos that put a 'warm and fuzzy' wrapper on all of this. Put that video on your FB page, here, etc.

The message should be pushed out to all your fellow KC fans - the theme being that you all love the team, but you are just sick and tired of the same ol' BS. You're not flying banners because you hate the team... you are just incredibly unhappy with ownership, the GM and the play of a few key skill players. You love the team so much, that you hate what they've become and are tired.

Carry the right message and you can do good things. You'll never satisfy everyone - this Deb character, let her do her thing - fans are all entitled to their opinions and none of you knows the best way to fix the situation. But, there's absolutely nothing wrong with screaming for change.

If you didn't love the team and the franchise, you wouldn't pony up the money for a big banner and spend all this time and energy screaming for change.

I can't wait for the time with the AFCW is feared again - when the teams are consistently good again - when the fans of the teams in the AFCW give a damn about whether their team just won or lost. Apathy is pathetic and that's where the bulk of us are right now.

Carry on my wayword sons!

In58men
10-08-2012, 08:14 AM
He did talk about it with Peter King and it amounted to nothing. Peter King did a nice job of explaining that if it did happen (he didn't hear it) he attributed it to the same 10% of nut jobs that are crazy on the internet.

This sums it up quite nicely

alnorth
10-08-2012, 08:14 AM
So, are we definitely doing a billboard, or not sure yet? Any idea of cost/availability?

htismaqe
10-08-2012, 08:20 AM
A caller just mentioned the banner while talking about how he, as a CUSTOMER, has no recourse with the Chiefs.

He said, "if you buy something in my store, you bring it back and I give you your money back".

He said something REALLY interesting as well - Cassel is taking the boos for both himself AND Pioli. Pioli never comes down to the sidelines or anything. So the fans CAN'T BOO him. They have no avenue to express their disgust to Pioli.

htismaqe
10-08-2012, 08:21 AM
i don't know....we kill ourselves?

we're doing this for our enjoyment and sanity, we can't control what Clark does...

I know.

It just sucks.

htismaqe
10-08-2012, 08:23 AM
I said this last week... there's really only so much a bunch of fans can do. That being said, you've created quite a buzz and now you have someone like Whitock offering up cash in support.

Like him or not, he's very visible and that's what you need to really push the momentum. Maybe you should roll out some YouTube videos that put a 'warm and fuzzy' wrapper on all of this. Put that video on your FB page, here, etc.

The message should be pushed out to all your fellow KC fans - the theme being that you all love the team, but you are just sick and tired of the same ol' BS. You're not flying banners because you hate the team... you are just incredibly unhappy with ownership, the GM and the play of a few key skill players. You love the team so much, that you hate what they've become and are tired.

Carry the right message and you can do good things. You'll never satisfy everyone - this Deb character, let her do her thing - fans are all entitled to their opinions and none of you knows the best way to fix the situation. But, there's absolutely nothing wrong with screaming for change.

If you didn't love the team and the franchise, you wouldn't pony up the money for a big banner and spend all this time and energy screaming for change.

I can't wait for the time with the AFCW is feared again - when the teams are consistently good again - when the fans of the teams in the AFCW give a damn about whether their team just won or lost. Apathy is pathetic and that's where the bulk of us are right now.

Carry on my wayword sons!

Problem is, the "banner" and the "fans that cheered when Cassel got hurt" are now the same people.

the Talking Can
10-08-2012, 08:24 AM
I know.

It just sucks.

yes, it does

i've found that increasing the distance between my 'care' and the team makes it easier to deal with...for now, I'm going to enjoy the circus and pray for losing

when pioli is gone, and we've drafted a QB, I'll start caring again

luv
10-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Maybe the next banner should be geared towards the media.

A Salt Weapon
10-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Get a win, Quinn. This is your team now.

Fly this at Tampa's stadium
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
Problem is, the "banner" and the "fans that cheered when Cassel got hurt" are now the same people.

This is why I think the next one should be on a more positive note.

brorth
So, are we definitely doing a billboard, or not sure yet? Any idea of cost/availability?

That's what Whitlock appears to be on board for, that's what the memo line on the check says.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-08-2012, 08:38 AM
We must boo Winston every time this fucker is introduced at Arrowhead

htismaqe
10-08-2012, 08:39 AM
yes, it does

i've found that increasing the distance between my 'care' and the team makes it easier to deal with...for now, I'm going to enjoy the circus and pray for losing

when pioli is gone, and we've drafted a QB, I'll start caring again

I'm just disgusted that somehow those of us that just want to see a good football team are now the bad guys.

Old Dog
10-08-2012, 08:41 AM
That's what Whitlock appears to be on board for, that's what the memo line on the check says.

He told me on the phone that it's for however we want to use it "in our movement". I told him specifically that a billboard in Dallas was WAY out of our price range and he was good with that.

brorth
10-08-2012, 08:43 AM
He told me on the phone that it's for however we want to use it "in our movement". I told him specifically that a billboard in Dallas was WAY out of our price range and he was good with that.

Good enough for the girls I go with.

ILChief
10-08-2012, 08:43 AM
I think flying a banner at Tampa would be awesome. It shows that they can't hide on road games

the Talking Can
10-08-2012, 08:52 AM
i'd pay to have a remote controlled plane circle Clark's car in traffic...."Clark, Give A Shit"

ChiTown
10-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I think flying a banner at Tampa would be awesome. It shows that they can't hide on road games

This needs to happen!LMAO

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Hey, this guy supports us!

Marc Boerigter ‏@mboerigter

Lets get this clear Kansas City, the fans cheered when Brady Quinn came on the field. Not when Cassel was hurt

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Eric, We Deserve Better Blocking

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-08-2012, 09:02 AM
MBo! great find on Twitter.

A Salt Weapon
10-08-2012, 09:11 AM
I fear if we do nothing at the away game and with the bye coming after that, that this will be all be forgotten. If we do an away banner it should carry the momentum on through the bye week.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fire Me Boy!
10-08-2012, 09:13 AM

Who?

Saul Good
10-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Have the banner flown over his house.

Mile High Mania
10-08-2012, 09:35 AM

I'm just disgusted that somehow those of us that just want to see a good football team are now the bad guys.

Yeah, it sucks that the two events are tied together, but that's where social media comes into play. Make it viral ... focus on the 'warm and fuzzy' aspect of this movement.

Maybe take Cassell's name out of the mix ... focus on Pioli and the Management of the team. Don't make it personal to a player, maybe that was the unfortunate fatal flaw given what happened. If the QB doesn't get hurt, there's nothing here really from a negative perspective.

The FB page is a solid start... now, put fan created videos with a positive slant and put the messages out there. The team has their PR department and ways to get their 'fuzzy' messages out there, now you guys have yours ... it's social media.

Stay positive, focused and clear with the goals of your rants. I doubt that many truly believe that answer to the QB riddle is on the team right now, especially Quinn.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 09:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/i11m6.jpg

notorious
10-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Have the banner flown into his house.

FYP

DaFace

ROFL...that one got me. And now I feel bad.

Molitoth

awesome

crazycoffey
10-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Here's your buddy Deb, PR. She collected donations for her sign too.

what's an "ance" and why should I want to make a differ one?

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Maybe the next banner could be LAMAR DESERVES BETTER

or

LAMAR HUNT WOULD BE EMBARRASSED

luv
10-08-2012, 09:51 AM
what's an "ance" and why should I want to make a differ one?

I guess markers don't come with spell check. Who knew?

crazycoffey
10-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Eric, even Cassel deserved better blocking

FYP

crazycoffey
10-08-2012, 09:58 AM
I guess markers don't come with spell check. Who knew?

educator fail? Is that the point her difference makes?

Molitoth
10-08-2012, 09:59 AM

or

while this may get Clarks attention, Lamar fielded some extremely shitty teams for decades.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 10:05 AM
while this may get Clarks attention, Lamar fielded some extremely shitty teams for decades.

And he was so embarrassed by it, he fixed it, and the team wasn't embarrassed again for almost 20 years.

Now it's happening again.

scho63
10-08-2012, 10:15 AM
How about "Take Winston with You!!!"

Dayze
10-08-2012, 10:17 AM
"chiefs-average since 1969"

Unsmooth-Moment
10-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Why doesn't the next banner just read : SAVE OUR CHIEFS - FIRE PIOLI

Fire Me Boy!
10-08-2012, 10:22 AM

or

I love Lamar as much as the next guy, but Lamar would stay the course.

DTLB58
10-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Clark must sell!

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
And he was so embarrassed by it, he fixed it, and the team wasn't embarrassed again for almost 20 years.

Now it's happening again.

What? He stayed with Jim Schaaf forever until hiring Peterson.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 10:30 AM
What he stayed with Jim Schaaf forever until hiring Peterson.

Yes, and he was embarrassed by it, and fixed it.

Mile High Mania
10-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Why doesn't the next banner just read : SAVE OUR CHIEFS - FIRE PIOLI

That would be a good one... I wouldn't drag a Lamar reference into it.

Molitoth
10-08-2012, 10:34 AM
how about we use our new negative publicity to our favor.

banner: KC CHIEFS EMBARRASSMENT LIVES W/ PIOLI.

Pioli's embarrassment of a team has led to the embarrassment of the fans that is directly going to embarrass the owner and the city.

frankotank
10-08-2012, 10:34 AM
"Do you remember going to games in the late 90's and early 00's? Remember feeling the rumble of the crowd in your chest? High fiving and hugging complete strangers? Being unable to talk to the person next to you on defensive 3rd downs? I hope that one day soon we get back to that. I would love to hear the fans cheer from start to finish again. I want 120 decibels of madness because there is not a single person that believes we can possibly loose the game."

wow capone! nicely worded. nicely done. for a second there....I think I had something in my eye.....sniff.
sigh....I DO remember. I want a lotta mo! I was there in 95 when Vanover returned a punt 86 yards in OT to win. the single most exciting sporting event I've ever attended. complete strangers leaping into each others arms. I caught some fat bastard in mid air and hugged him like I knew him. awesome. just friggin awesome.
used to be there was nothing like arrowhead. used to be.....

the Talking Can
10-08-2012, 10:39 AM
"We Want Winston to Pass Block For Pioli"

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Yes, and he was embarrassed by it, and fixed it.

You would still still have 8 years of Pioli in front of you with Lamar at the helm.

BigMeatballDave
10-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Nick Athan bashes Banner. Defends Winston.

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6069369

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 10:42 AM
You would still still have 8 years of Pioli in front of you with Lamar at the helm.

Impossible to say.

Different eras, different leagues, different socio-economic climates.

Old Dog
10-08-2012, 10:46 AM
http://www.aerialmessages.com/banner-towing-tampa-florida.html

BryanBusby
10-08-2012, 10:47 AM

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6069369

I can't think of anyone more irrelevant than Nick Athan.

BigMeatballDave
10-08-2012, 10:50 AM
I can't think of anyone more irrelevant than Nick Athan.

LOL I agree.

I thought it was funny when he bashed the banner and then it got quiet for a moment, then Fescoe and the other guy defended it.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Here's a banner line Clark fix the problem, fire Pioli

Dayze
10-08-2012, 10:51 AM
'do our local media hacks seriously engage with Athan for his inside information?
Do they not realize he's no different than 99% of the fatties sitting on their couches?

Mile High Mania
10-08-2012, 10:56 AM
You have nearly 2,300 "likes" on that Facebook page - that is pretty impressive. Pump it up louder... this is kinda cool to watch and I hope it works out for the best for you guys.

Anyone that doubts your intent here is crazy - I've been around this place for a while, and for most here - you're far from a lazy and uncaring fan base.

scho63
"We Want Winston to Pass Block For Pioli"

WINNER!!! LMAO

|Zach|
This movement is going to (I think it might already have) reach a tipping point where everyone involved just comes off poorly.

Like the guy in the office that is always bitching about stuff. He is usually right but at some point it doesnt matter if he is right nobody wants to hear it.

I think the "send a message" part of this was done and what can be done effectively has plateaued. Its just a lack of butts in seats now that will make change.

BigRedChief
10-08-2012, 11:00 AM
This movement is going to (I think it might already have) reach a tipping point where everyone involved just comes off poorly.

Like the guy in the office that is always bitching about stuff. He is usually right but at some point it doesnt matter if he is right nobody wants to hear it.

I think the "send a message" part of this was done and what can be done effectively has plateaued. Its just a lack of butts in seats now that will make change.We havent reached the tipping point within one week. Booing Cassel set us back in the media coverage. We just need to focus the message on non-players.

CoMoChief
10-08-2012, 11:00 AM

I think the "send a message" part of this was done and what can be done effectively has plateaued. Its just a lack of butts in seats now that will make change.

I agree to a degree. But you just have to be creative to keep the message fresh so that it doesn't go stale.

And what about the rest of the donation money LMAO?

Old Dog
10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
We havent reached the tipping point within one week. Booing Cassel set us back in the media coverage. We just need to focus the message on non-players.

+1

scho63
10-08-2012, 11:02 AM

It's ironic that this idiot started off saying how bad it was for cheering Cassel's injury and the waste of money for the "$1,800 Banner that should have gone to breast cancer" and then by the middle of the interview he tears into the team, the coaches, and the ownership just like all of us making our case!!! Says there is a total lack of leadership!

HAHAHA

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 11:04 AM
We havent reached the tipping point within one week. Booing Cassel set us back in the media coverage. We just need to focus the message on non-players.

You guys are absolutely up against diminishing returns here. Making a different or more nuanced message really won't do shit to change the needle.

I mean its your money and all so whatever.

ChiTown
10-08-2012, 11:05 AM

Yep. Cassel isn't the problem at this point - he is the symptom to the problem. The problem is Pioli. ALL focus should be on that ass-wipe.

Old Dog
10-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Fire Pioli - SaveOurChiefs.com

30 letters - Fits what we really want to say. I still thing doing one over Tampa should happen

scho63
10-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Fire Pioli - SaveOurChiefs.com

30 letters - Fits what we really want to say. I still thing doing one over Tampa should happen

Not bad and I think flying it over Tampa is a GREAT idea-keep the pressure on and bring in more media. :thumb:

Dayze
10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
"Pioli, You're doing it wrong"

pr_capone
10-08-2012, 11:11 AM
ok, now I really did update the OP. Dunno wot happened there.

The format is slightly changed and info is now organized. everything leading up to the flight of the banner, and the flight itself, is withing the spoiler tag. Needed to file it away otherwise the OP would take 42 mouse scrolls just to get through.

SuperChief
10-08-2012, 11:29 AM
For the next phase, I think the banner idea is great, but anything the movement can do to associate with something in a more "positive" light would be great, too. Like others have mentioned, maybe something for charity, a "roast" of the Chiefs, etc.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2012, 11:35 AM
How about something on the banner about our voice being bigger than Piolis?

OR why is our GM worrying about what the fans say over the product on the field.

I know those are long, but ideas...

Raiderhater
10-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Not bad and I think flying it over Tampa is a GREAT idea-keep the pressure on and bring in more media. :thumb:

Yep. And in light of yesterday's events I would change the wording up just a bit. The fans are not getting a fair shake in this fall out but, we cannot control it. Yes we do still deserve better but, that message is going to look a little off with what is being grossly misreported in the media. So let's give them one of the reason's we deserve better. Something along the lines of -

Chiefs Fans Pay For Better - Fire Piloi

And perhaps speaking to Clark from a financial perspective will garner more attention from him. :shrug:

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 11:41 AM
OR why is our GM worrying about what the fans say over the product on the field.

So he is not listening and should do what we say when we yell it at him.

AND

Why are you listening to the fans???

Hahaha. What?

Molitoth
10-08-2012, 11:44 AM
A poll need to be put together with the ideas for the next banner, and we should vote on it.

IMO sending a banner over an away game would send an even bigger message. Repeatedly flying a banner over arrowhead is kind've beating a dead horse... the KC media already knows what we are up to and why.
Think about sending it over next weeks Monday night game and all of the media attention on a national level that would bring.

We are passionate enough to send a plane to another stadium in which we aren't even playing at to get our opinion heard.

Dayze
10-08-2012, 11:45 AM
KC Chiefs = Chicago Cubs
Clark, Scott: You're Embarassing Yourselves

Reerun_KC
10-08-2012, 11:45 AM
The fans have rattled Pioli - Gum Wrappers Anyone

Raiderhater
10-08-2012, 11:50 AM
A poll need to be put together with the ideas for the next banner, and we should vote on it.

IMO sending a banner over an away game would send an even bigger message. Repeatedly flying a banner over arrowhead is kind've beating a dead horse... the KC media already knows what we are up to and why.
Think about sending it over next weeks Monday night game and all of the media attention on a national level that would bring.

We are passionate enough to send a plane to another stadium in which we aren't even playing at to get our opinion heard.

Eh, I think over other team's stadiums where we are playing is perfect. Flying at stadiums where we aren't would just look retarded.

ChiTown
10-08-2012, 11:52 AM
"Get Well Matt - Fire Pioli"

pr_capone
10-08-2012, 11:53 AM
More OP Udated goodness:

Phase 2 -

We thought about flying a banner over Tampa but in the end, feel like it wouldn't do enough good. We are definitely going to fly another banner over Arrowhead but it will be on 10/28 against the Raiders. There are are few suggestions being tossed around. We have some time and I'll be making a poll to get ideas from CP. In the mean time, I wanted to give you an idea of what we have done so far donations and spending wise.

The cost of the banner was obvious... we all knew that was going to happen. We are also, unless anyone has any strong feelings against it, are going to spend $50 on ads on FB to drive attention to saveourchiefs.com.\

We have plenty of time to come up with the slogan for the next banner. There is one thing that must absolutely be on the banner and that is the saveourchiefs.com address that AustinChief provided us with. I am looking for suggestions, I know there are already 50k spread through this thread but I cannot go digging around for then. The only banner suggestions that will be considered are ones that end in saveourchiefs.com. The banner cannot exceed 42 characters, spaces not included. Any banners that either do not meet this criteria or suggest insulting or boorish behavior will not be included.

EXAMPLES:
PAY BOWE - DRAFT GENO - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
CLARK, R U A FAN OR NOT? - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I have asked a small group of people to help sort through banner ideas since there will be eleventybillion ideas thown out. We are going to narrow it down to our top X favorite ideas, then let CP vote on it.

As for donations status and expenditures:

Expenditures:
Banner #1 - $625.00
Ads on FB - $50.00

Current PayPal balance - $1,600.71
Check from Whitlock - $600
Balance - $2,200.71 (will update OP when check clears)

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 11:57 AM
PIOLI LIED, CASSEL DIED

Molitoth
10-08-2012, 11:57 AM
NEW GM + NEW QB = PROFIT / SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Dayze
10-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Clark-fix your mistakes. Saveourchiefs.com

Bearcat
10-08-2012, 12:00 PM
PIOLI LIED, CASSEL DIED

WINSTON CRIED

Marco Polo
10-08-2012, 12:02 PM
FIRE QB & GM-KEEP THE REST-SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2012, 12:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/DIoKr9VDg3A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 12:03 PM
LAMAR HUNT WOULD FIX THIS TEAM - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

alnorth
10-08-2012, 12:05 PM
The focus needs to be on Pioli.

I'd just keep it simple, "please fire pioli" followed by the url

Molitoth
10-08-2012, 12:06 PM
LAMAR HUNT WOULD FIX THIS TEAM - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Do like! That may eat Clark up.

luv
10-08-2012, 12:06 PM
You've got the three paragraphs above the spoilers on there twice.

EDIT: Never mind. Looks good. ;)

Reerun_KC
10-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Pioli doesnt like fans, Why support? saveourchiefs.com

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 12:10 PM
CURE CANCER FIRE PIOLI

the Talking Can
10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
EAT SHIT, CLARK - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

pr_capone
10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
EAT SHIT, CLARK - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I have a sneaking suspicion that this one probably won't make the cut.

luv
10-08-2012, 12:18 PM
I really like your first example.

alnorth
10-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Did we ever find out the price of a billboard, is that way too expensive?

Old Dog
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
More OP Udated goodness:

Phase 2 -

We thought about flying a banner over Tampa but in the end, feel like it wouldn't do enough good.

I'm not trying to be inciteful, but who is "we" in this instance? I think flying one over an away game shows we will go to great lengths to get our message heard. Is this the end of discussion on this point?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Fire Pioli - Winston STFU - SaveOurChiefs.com

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Fire Pioli - Winston S.T.F.U. - SaveOurChiefs.com

Fire Pioli - Winston STFU - SaveOurChiefs.com

the Talking Can
10-08-2012, 12:25 PM
WINSTON IS A MUSLIM - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Old Dog
10-08-2012, 12:27 PM
to add to my point, we have a bye after Tampa, should we not keep the fire stoked rather than let it possibly fade during the bye week?

Fritz88
10-08-2012, 12:29 PM
My 2 cents, the Casselhoff, has been ridden hard. Time to amp up the anti-Pioli sentiment. As humans, we need to ignore Cassel and let him heal. The real issue now is mgmt and we need change there.

We need to think long term here with this effort...now that this week is done, we need to amp up steam for the MOvement in general, how fans are tired of Pioli, the coaches, not winning for 19 years etc....

This really isn't about Matt Cassel anymore. This is be reigniting the Chiefs legacy and re-discovering the "Kansas City Way"

This. The issue is not with the Cassel, it's with whose starting him.

pr_capone
10-08-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm not trying to be inciteful, but who is "we" in this instance? I think flying one over an away game shows we will go to great lengths to get our message heard. Is this the end of discussion on this point?

I have asked a few people with specific interweb skills critical to making this happend to help. I am also taking advice from all the moderators on the board.

teedubya is a web marketing expert
Marty had already been running the saveourchiefs stuff on FB and Twitter
Wendler - because like him or not, the guy has a passion for this team and has the video editing skills

---

The goal is for this group to filter the information so that we can present you with easy options instead of having 300+ people weigh in and have information or ideas on hos this should go scattered all over the thread.

/great question

pr_capone
10-08-2012, 12:32 PM
to add to my point, we have a bye after Tampa, should we not keep the fire stoked rather than let it possibly fade during the bye week?

We are definitely keeping the fire stoked during the next 2 weeks.

That is why we are going to be running FB ads. There is also a video that is likely to be released during the bye. There is still Twitter and FB... and I'm on Reddit preaching the gospel.

ILChief
10-08-2012, 12:34 PM

I agree, flying a banner at Tampa would have been bad ass. But I haven't donated (yet) so I guess I shouldn't be suggesting things

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Stuff and things

http://i48.tinypic.com/idgfgg.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2n8swhv.jpg

NJChiefsFan
10-08-2012, 12:39 PM
You guys are absolutely up against diminishing returns here. Making a different or more nuanced message really won't do shit to change the needle.

I mean its your money and all so whatever.

Eh, I mean I get your point and I think most times I would agree but to me the only way we could actually have an effect is making the Hunt's look bad. This isn't about making Pioli consider our "ideas". Draw attention to what is going on. I certainly wasn't hoping that the media would be looking due to the cheering towards Cassel(although they did care about the banner), but in the end it really couldn't be more clear that this fan base won't accept Cassel any longer. Fair or not, thats what came of it.

I don't care what the nation thinks of our fan base. When we lost playoff games, did the respect other fans had for the fan base make us sleep better? Nope. I am a Yankees fan, and while I usually try to make the point that we aren't all assholes and that I completely get why people hate my team, when the Yankees win I don't feel bad. It almost makes it feel better. I don't think any of us should give one fuck what the country thinks of us. Besides that, nobody is going to care about this in 2 months.

uninvited
10-08-2012, 12:44 PM
May not be a very realistic idea, but If there were to be any funds spent on a road game I'd say you'd have to target the Sunday night game in San Diego (Nov. 1) or the MNF game in Pittsburgh (Nov. 12). National audience! Night time adds an entirely different hurdle to finding some creative means to get the message out though.

the Talking Can
10-08-2012, 12:48 PM
we should have someone write a one act play recreating the famous dinner between pioli, whitlock, and haley...

then give a free performance in the parking lot before a game

luv
10-08-2012, 12:51 PM
May not be a very realistic idea, but If there were to be any funds spent on a road game I'd say you'd have to target the Sunday night game in San Diego (Nov. 1) or the MNF game in Pittsburgh (Nov. 12). National audience! Night time adds an entirely different hurdle to finding some creative means to get the message out though.

Except that, if either of those fall after the time change, it would be getting dark that close to game time. Kind of hard to see a banner in the dark. ;)

kepp
10-08-2012, 12:53 PM

A "Fire Pioli. Bench Cassel." batman signal.

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Eh, I mean I get your point and I think most times I would agree but to me the only way we could actually have an effect is making the Hunt's look bad. This isn't about making Pioli consider our "ideas". Draw attention to what is going on. I certainly wasn't hoping that the media would be looking due to the cheering towards Cassel(although they did care about the banner), but in the end it really couldn't be more clear that this fan base won't accept Cassel any longer. Fair or not, thats what came of it.

I don't care what the nation thinks of our fan base. When we lost playoff games, did the respect other fans had for the fan base make us sleep better? Nope. I am a Yankees fan, and while I usually try to make the point that we aren't all assholes and that I completely get why people hate my team, when the Yankees win I don't feel bad. It almost makes it feel better. I don't think any of us should give one **** what the country thinks of us. Besides that, nobody is going to care about this in 2 months.

This all kind of agrees with my point.

We have done what we can do.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Fucking Pioli.

http://i50.tinypic.com/25s91rk.jpg

NJChiefsFan
10-08-2012, 12:58 PM

I was never going after your point. I just wanted to know if Ngata was reacting to what Winston said or if he heard them too. Even if he was reacting to Winston, my plan wasn't to use that as proof of anything.

Edit: That is your point about it blowing over. As far as the funding, I still feel at this point any kind of press in the end is going to be pressure on the organization in our favor.

pr_capone
10-08-2012, 12:59 PM

I disagree.

This will continue until we either run out of money or they acknowledge us.

Dayze
10-08-2012, 01:02 PM
How does Matt get a concussion for that hit.
Are we missing something from the camera angle.?

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Kind of hard to see a banner in the dark. ;)

Light it up.

http://i50.tinypic.com/11k9ph1.jpg

BigCatDaddy
10-08-2012, 01:04 PM
"We damn near miss Carl" SaveOurChiefs.Com

MIAdragon
10-08-2012, 01:05 PM

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/images/4/2006/05/medium_blimp.jpg

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I disagree.

This will continue until we either run out of money or they acknowledge us.

LMAO

MIAdragon
10-08-2012, 01:06 PM
How does Matt get a concussion for that hit.
Are we missing something from the camera angle.?

I dont see it at all.

|Zach|
I think you guys are naive to expect midseason changes.

pr_capone
LMAO

What is funny about that? I understand you disagree with this but you are in the minority. If you have a point to make, use your words.

pr_capone
10-08-2012, 01:08 PM

We expect to see a change at QB during the season. Yes. Our fan dollars are on the line here.

I don't think anyone here truly believes that Clark will pull the plug on Pioli mid season.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2012, 01:09 PM
No shit, this BS media ploy by Pioli company deserves an even bigger reply for the next Chiefs home game.

I hate to make the parallel but it reminds me of the Thomas Jefferson quote "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "

Molitoth
10-08-2012, 01:11 PM

you are right Zach. Hai guyz, lets just give up and keep supporting this team!

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 01:12 PM

Yup, won't happen.

The hope is that these assholes are gone next season.

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 01:13 PM
you are right Zach. Hai guyz, lets just give up and keep supporting this team!

If you don't know how to read my posts then I can't help you.

soopamanluva
10-08-2012, 01:13 PM
1-5? I didn't vote for that!- saveourchiefs.com

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 01:14 PM
HEY PIOLI, YOU'RE NO CARL - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

That'll grind his gears.

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 01:15 PM
What is funny about that? I understand you disagree with this but you are in the minority. If you have a point to make, use your words.

Look I know its now your full time job to track down every single person on the Internet who isn't all in on this and argue with them...I mean we all have our things we love in the world but I have been very clear with my words in this thread that you guys made your point and that continuing to do the same thing won't mean more pressure it will just make the fanbase look like angry joyless pricks. You can't "make the point more" by doing it more.

The point is made more at this point by people not showing up.

Molitoth
10-08-2012, 01:16 PM
If you don't know how to read my posts then I can't help you.

if I recall, you have been consistent in your opinion that the movement won't bring change which implies we are wasting time, money, and effort

pr_capone
10-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Look I know its now your full time job to track down every single person on the Internet who isn't all in on this and argue with them...I mean we all have our things we love in the world but I have been very clear with my words in this thread that you guys made your point and that continuing to do the same thing won't mean more pressure it will just make the fanbase look like angry joyless pricks. You can't "make the point more" by doing it more.

I'm not being condescending to you... I would appreciate a little bit of the same in return.

We disagree with your belief that we cannot do any more. We can. Raising the awareness of Chiefs fans all over is equally as important as getting a message to ownership and the front office. If they continue to ignore us, if they will not talk to us, the fan base will perhaps finally get the hint that Clark and Pioli honestly don't care.

That will be a driving force behind STH sales next season and whether or not people continue spending money on single game tickets, gear, parking, and food.

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm not being condescending to you... I would appreciate a little bit of the same in return.

We disagree with your belief that we cannot do any more. We can. Raising the awareness of Chiefs fans all over is equally as important as getting a message to ownership and the front office. If they continue to ignore us, if they will not talk to us, the fan base will perhaps finally get the hint that Clark and Pioli honestly don't care.

That will be a driving force behind STH sales next season and whether or not people continue spending money on single game tickets, gear, parking, and food.

Actually yes. You were condescending to me just minutes earlier which is fine. I know all of you think you are doing God's work and saving the world from itself when in reality you are just a bunch of people with too much time on their hands. I am not a man to tell other people what to do with their hard earned money so all the best even though after an original great idea you guys are just starving for attention and spinning your tires.

luv
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM

I think a lot of people (people in general, not people on this site) would agree with the portion of this post in bold. I understand you have money for more banners and such, which is why I think you should be a bit more positive whenever you do another one. In either case, I agree that the point was made yesterday, and any more banners will just be fans communicating with the organization. Although, now, it's more like just sending a huge text that several people can see. Future banners won't have as much of an impact as yesterday's did (which is why people are wanting to up the ante by creating a billboard or taking it to a road game).

I think the social media thing is great, though. By joining saveourchiefs.com, people tie themselves to the cause. A banner seemingly speaks for a fan base as a whole (all about perception). I think that's why people were so divided over it. Not everyone wanted to be tied with it. Just like saying the whole stadium cheered Cassel's injury yesterday whenever not everyone there did. We all got grouped together. You can say that you didn't, but your voice is lost among the crowd mentality which the media has created.

Bearcat
10-08-2012, 01:27 PM

I don't agree that it's plateaued, but the point of diminishing returns is definitely something to think about, and everyone knows the strongest message you can send is not buying the product.

I don't think another banner is a bad idea, mostly due to yesterday's gameplan and Cassel's injury. It's one thing to complain about the starting quarterback while not really knowing if the alternative is any better, and if Cassel was healthy we'd basically be giving the same message of "let's try something new"... but, Quinn might start next week. He might look good or he might look worse than Cassel... then Crennel might name Cassel the starter or Quinn... tl;dr - a lot could happen in the next week, which would change the message.

Eventually though, I think there does need to be some kind of call to action.

luv
10-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I think the social media thing is great, though. By joining saveourchiefs.com, people tie themselves to the cause. A banner seemingly speaks for a fan base as a whole (all about perception). I think that's why people were so divided over it. Not everyone wanted to be tied with it. Just like saying the whole stadium cheered Cassel's injury yesterday whenever not everyone there did. We all got grouped together. You can say that you didn't, but your voice is lost among the crowd mentality which the media has created.

In rereading this, I do have to say that I think it will help if you ultimately put the site (saveourchiefs.com) name with future banners and such.

Bearcat
10-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Actually yes. You were condescending to me just minutes earlier. I know all of you think you are doing God's work and saving the world from itself when in reality you are just a bunch of people with too much time on their hands. I am not a man to tell other people what to do with their hard earned money so all the best even though after an original great idea you guys are just starving for attention and spinning your tires.

Starving for attention? They grabbed the attention of thousands of people in a week... they should do something with it.

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't agree that it's plateaued, but the point of diminishing returns is definitely something to think about, and everyone knows the strongest message you can send is not buying the product.

I don't think another banner is a bad idea, mostly due to yesterday's gameplan and Cassel's injury. It's one thing to complain about the starting quarterback while not really knowing if the alternative is any better, and if Cassel was healthy we'd basically be giving the same message of "let's try something new"... but, Quinn might start next week. He might look good or he might look worse than Cassel... then Crennel might name Cassel the starter or Quinn... tl;dr - a lot could happen in the next week, which would change the message.

Eventually though, I think there does need to be some kind of call to action.

I agree it isn't a "bad" idea but it changes nothing about the status quo of things. Whereas the act of doing the banner in the first place was a good idea because it made the frustration clear. It won't be made clearer with another

SPATCH
10-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Whoever is in charge with the tweets for @SaveOurChiefs: tone it down a bit with the negativity toward Cassel. Hitting a man while he is down does not exactly have mass appeal (especially with our behavior being scrutinized following the Winston interview).

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Actually just thinking about it, the best time to do it is the Steeler game. So let this "bad publicity" die down then do it again once Haley pushes Pioli's shit in.

DMAC
10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Fly another one that just says "GO CHIEFS! www.saveourchiefs.com"

KC Dan
10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
I agree it isn't a "bad" idea but it changes nothing about the status quo of things. Whereas the act of doing the banner in the first place was a good idea because it made the frustration clear. It won't be made clearer with anotherhow about - "Get well Matty, Go KC & Quinn! Die in a Fire Pioli!

ghak99
10-08-2012, 01:39 PM
I believe it has to be turned into a Pioli or the Fans message that clearly states we are behind the players.

Having SaveOurChiefs at the end of the banner might convey the team support, but the first half of the message needs to put the pressure directly on Pioli's contract situation.

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Whoever is in charge with the tweets for @SaveOurChiefs: tone it down a bit with the negativity toward Cassel. Hitting a man while he is down does not exactly have mass appeal (especially with our behavior being scrutinized following the Winston interview).

The people behind this. They are all about it.

BOXERAJ
10-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Pioli=Epic Fail Saveourchiefs.com

Molitoth
10-08-2012, 01:44 PM
cassel is the problem, and pioli is the root of the problem.

BourbonMan
10-08-2012, 01:49 PM
How about:
AL DAVIS=PIOLI SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Will pass it along to the team

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2012, 01:54 PM
SaveOurChiefs.com- liberate candy wrappers, fire Pioli

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 01:58 PM
How about:
AL DAVIS=PIOLI SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Don't insult Al Davis.

Titty Meat
10-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Guys we're losing the PR battle and WTF is the SaveourChiefs guy on twitter doing? Is he aware that the media is watching his tweets?

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Guys we're losing the PR battle and WTF is the SaveourChiefs guy on twitter doing? Is he aware that the media is watching his tweets?

Exactly. Blindly emoting doesn't help anything.

Hammock Parties
Is this really what we want?

@SaveOurChiefs
I just tweeted nine pics of my penis to @EricWinston. #FirePioli

Tribal Warfare

We need to tone it down till the Steeler/Haley game.

Reerun_KC

Minor set back, but we arent losing....

We will reach out and can be heard.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2012, 02:03 PM

@SaveOurChiefs

:banghead:

who is that?

SPATCH
10-08-2012, 02:03 PM

Seriously man.. the "dick pics" thing. It's really starting to bum me out...

Even making me want to distance myself from the movement if I'm going to be associated that kind of thing.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Seriously man.. the "dick pics" thing. It's really starting to bum me out...

Even making me want to distance myself from the movement if I'm going to be associated that kind of thing.

Damn not cool...

alnorth
10-08-2012, 02:04 PM

@SaveOurChiefs

Is that a real tweet? WTF?

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2012, 02:06 PM

@SaveOurChiefs

yeah the guy who is sending out those tweets should be removed from the cause

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Looks like that got cleaned up.

DMAC
10-08-2012, 02:09 PM
yeah the guy who is sending out those tweets should be removed from the cause

With a tweet announcing that removal

Molitoth
10-08-2012, 02:09 PM
dumb tweets, jesus

MIAdragon
10-08-2012, 02:10 PM

who is that?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=8991436#post8991436

#15 :cuss:

alnorth
10-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Don't see it, so maybe it was a deleted tweet. Even if he didn't send that out, the "SaveOurChiefs" tweets are really kind of obnoxious.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2012, 02:11 PM

That moron is the guy tweeting?

FUCK this is all for not then..

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2012, 02:12 PM

A fucking unknown n00b was running this? Come on guys get your shit together on this part of the campaign.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 02:14 PM
That guy isn't running the twitter feed. I think it was Teedubya...he tweets out stuff people post on here occasionally.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
That guy isn't running the twitter feed. I think it was Teedubya...he tweets out stuff people post on here occasionally.

He should know better...

Jesus maybe the national media is right. That was fucking stupid...

SPATCH
10-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Daaaaaaaamn dude. Some of those recent tweets have really taken the wind out of my sails.

I am Anti-Pioli, but I am Pro-Chiefs. This should be about taking OUR team back, not taking cheap shots and jabs at an injured player or the player who defended him (no matter where you stand on the issue). I feel bad, man.

This guy on Twitter is making the movement feel malicious and cruel. I feel like it should be more informative and energizing.

EDIT: The volume of the tweets needs to be reduced, and the content should be filtered through multiple people. 70,000+ followers is powerful. There is a lot of people on this board counting on vehicles like the @SaveOurChiefs account to help our voice be heard. Afraid the responsibility that comes with that is not being taken seriously.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2012, 02:21 PM

or

This is absolutely fucking perfect!

Fire Me Boy!
10-08-2012, 02:23 PM
WE SUPPORT THE CHIEFS. PIOLI MUST GO.

(37 characters)

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-08-2012, 02:26 PM
We have 3 guys helping, I addressed this issue and deleted this tweet.

@SaveOurChiefs

stonedstooge
10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Pioli-We Want Our Team Back

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2012, 02:30 PM
You guys really gave Joey the fucking steering wheel on the twitter feed? Why in the fuck would you do that?

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 02:31 PM
What? Absolutely not.

doomy3
10-08-2012, 02:31 PM
You guys really gave Joey the ****ing steering wheel on the twitter feed? Why in the **** would you do that?

LMAO

Wow.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2012, 02:33 PM
HEY PIOLI, YOU'RE NO CARL - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

That'll grind his gears.

I like this one a lot.

What? Absolutely not.

If not, my apologies. That's what it sounded like.

SPATCH
10-08-2012, 02:36 PM
We have 3 guys helping, I addressed this issue and deleted this tweet.

The whole tone needs to be adjusted ASAP. The tweets need to take on a more self-assured tone. No more attacks on players. Statistics are fine, but leave the pot-shots on CP.

We have the facts. We know we are right. We know the concerns for our team are valid and the movement is justified. Approach it that way. With 70,000+ followers and the national media watching, the tweets should be approached much more politically than they have been thus far.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Honestly, when you think about it, phonetapping, paranoia, manipulation, secrecy, and candy wrappers has me thinking this whole fucking thing could have been staged. Pioli knew the fan base was riled up. He may have had the whole fucking thing planned. It sounds fringe, and it probably is. I just don't see how Matt got a concussion on that fall to the ground he took. If our GM would turn to that kind of shit against the fanbase, trying to start a civil war, fuck him and everyone who looks like him.

Fire Me Boy!
10-08-2012, 02:38 PM
The whole tone needs to be adjusted ASAP. The tweets need to take on a more self-assured tone. No more attacks on players. Statistics are fine, but leave the pot-shots on CP.

We have to facts. We know we are right. We know the concerns for our team are valid and the movement is justified. Approach it that way. With 70,000+ followers and the national media watching, the tweets should be approached much more politically than they have been thus far.

I agree. I also think we'd present a better front if we left profanity out of our message, both on Twitter and Facebook.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 02:38 PM
The Chiefs, and Pioli, really wanted to distance themselves from Carl, so I also dig that one.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2012, 02:39 PM
WE'VE LOST THE GLEAM, MEN - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Really looking forward to the narrative changing from "Chiefs fans frustrated at organization" to "Why are Chiefs fans miserable petty human beings?"

Good job with the Twitter account. Less is more. :doh!:

Fire Me Boy!
The Chiefs, and Pioli, really wanted to distance themselves from Carl, so I also dig that one.

CARL PLAYOFF WINS = 1. PIOLI = 0.

(33 characters)

Mr. Flopnuts
GUNTHER WAS BETTER THAN THIS! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

luv
Why are complaints about SOC being lodged here instead of to SOC?

Fire Me Boy!
10-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Why are complaints about SOC being lodged here instead of to SOC?

Because, unless I'm mistaken, the people running SOC Facebook/Twitter are posting here.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Honestly though, I liked Clay's.

LAMAR DESERVES BETTER! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

SPATCH
10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
I agree. I also think we'd present a better front if we left profanity out of our message, both on Twitter and Facebook.

AGREED 100%. I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw some of the language being tweeted out.

WE MUST USE TACT. This movement could be over before it even gets started if not...

DonTellMeShowMe
10-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Honestly, when you think about it, phonetapping, paranoia, manipulation, secrecy, and candy wrappers has me thinking this whole ****ing thing could have been staged. Pioli knew the fan base was riled up. He may have had the whole ****ing thing planned. It sounds fringe, and it probably is. I just don't see how Matt got a concussion on that fall to the ground he took. If our GM would turn to that kind of shit against the fanbase, trying to start a civil war, **** him and everyone who looks like him.

I was kinda thinking this too....

alnorth
10-08-2012, 02:50 PM

Honestly, we're trying too hard to be clever. What looks good with message board groupthink will look just downright weird in the air.

Keep it simple. Fire Pioli.

BourbonMan
10-08-2012, 02:53 PM
I know it's too long, but....
PIOLI,BELICHICK..WHO REALLY MADE THE DECISIONS

frankotank
10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
only 42 characters.....it's a bitch.

YEAH WE CHEERED - QUINN! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

SPATCH
10-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Honestly, we're trying too hard to be clever. What looks good with message board groupthink will look just downright weird in the air.

Keep it simple. Fire Pioli.

Absolutely right.

Nothing cute. Keep it broad. Keep the mass appeal.

BigRedChief
10-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Because, unless I'm mistaken, the people running SOC Facebook/Twitter are posting here.Were on the same team, working towards the same goals. The profanity is going to turn people off. It needs to stop.

frankotank
10-08-2012, 02:58 PM
CHEERED QUINN SO SUE ME! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Munson
10-08-2012, 02:59 PM
PIOLI - GO BACK TO NEW ENGLAND

PATRIOT WAY DOESN'T WORK IN KC

Raiderhater
10-08-2012, 03:02 PM

However Clark might think we actually want King Carl back. I say we leave CP out of it.

Superbowltrashcan
10-08-2012, 03:03 PM
FOOTBALL AND FUTBOL. DO THEM BOTH CLARK!!

hometeam
10-08-2012, 03:05 PM
At least Fescoe shut down Athan over the banner.

We have to tread softly, we cannot let the eric winston crying overcome what we have done and can continue to do. Fescoe said this morning that an executive told him 'the fans deserve better'. Athan said the same thing in his article. CP came up with that slogan, we need to build off of that particular slogan, whether its banners, billboards, etc.

Boise_Chief
10-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Show us you care we do! Go chiefs!

Or something similar

Dallas Chief
10-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Really looking forward to the narrative changing from "Chiefs fans frustrated at organization" to "Why are Chiefs fans miserable petty human beings?"

Good job with the Twitter account. Less is more. :doh!:

A little bit of the do as I say, not as I do thing going on here. How many times do you feel the need to make your point before it falls on deaf ears? You probably mean well, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that, but you strike me as the "I am always right!!!" type guy...to a fault.

PR et.al. - Keep up the great work! Makes me proud to know that all of this started RIGHT HERE on CP. I will be donating few bucks to help the cause. I have a few extra since I didn't renew my STH this year.

Dallas Chief
10-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Were on the same team, working towards the same goals. The profanity is going to turn people off. It needs to stop.

100% this. No need for the cuss, if it is to be taken seriously.

teedubya
10-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Fire Pioli, Clark. SaveOurChiefs.com BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 03:21 PM
However Clark might think we actually want King Carl back. I say we leave CP out of it.

Carl is not going to be rehired.

Comparing Pioli to Carl will really serve to embarrass him, IMO.

Clark did not like Carl.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Look, the accountability on Facebook and Twitter falls on me. I can't run that thing 24 hours a day and reached out for some help. Tee, Bad Guy and another poster I won't shame are working it. Unfortunately, guy #4 went full retard on us and probably sold us out. I've locked everyone out of the account until I can catch up with each of them personally. I trust Bad Guy and Tee to do the right things right. Going forward there will not be any issues, profanity, tweets about dicks and the like.

Unlike Winston, I'll raise my hand and take the hit for the feed getting out of control today. We'll bounce back and be even better.

A Salt Weapon
10-08-2012, 03:25 PM

This is my vote as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Going forward there will not be any tweets about dicks and the like.

So we're not going to tweet about Pioli?

Reerun_KC
10-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Look, the accountability on Facebook and Twitter falls on me. I can't run that thing 24 hours a day and reached out for some help. Tee, Bad Guy and another poster I won't shame are working it. Unfortunately, guy #4 went full retard on us and probably sold us out. I've locked everyone out of the account until I can catch up with each of them personally. I trust Bad Guy and Tee to do the right things right. Going forward there will not be any issues, profanity, tweets about dicks and the like.

Unlike Winston, I'll raise my hand and take the hit for the feed getting out of control today. We'll bounce back and be even better.

I will help out if you need it.

Just let me know if you need help.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-08-2012, 03:35 PM
He's fair game....

Don't be such a pioli :)

So we're not going to tweet about Pioli?

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 03:35 PM
A little bit of the do as I say, not as I do thing going on here. How many times do you feel the need to make your point before it falls on deaf ears? You probably mean well, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that, but you strike me as the "I am always right!!!" type guy...to a fault.

PR et.al. - Keep up the great work! Makes me proud to know that all of this started RIGHT HERE on CP. I will be donating few bucks to help the cause. I have a few extra since I didn't renew my STH this year.

Ironic. I am making that exact point right here!

SPATCH
10-08-2012, 03:37 PM

Thanks, man. We are trusting you.

Godspeed.

pr_capone
10-08-2012, 03:45 PM
That would be a good one... I wouldn't drag a Lamar reference into it.

Invoking Lamar on the banner is the definition of boorish. I will not do that.

Raiderhater
10-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Carl is not going to be rehired.

Comparing Pioli to Carl will really serve to embarrass him, IMO.

Clark did not like Carl.

And we didn't like Carl either. Comes across as confussing or wishy washy. Leave him out of it.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 03:50 PM
If the goal is to embarrass Clark into doing something, comparisons to Carl are home runs.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
SaveOurChiefs.com- Clark invoke hope, clean house and fire Pioli.

Raiderhater
10-08-2012, 03:54 PM

I am willing to donate time as well as money. I am not a "tweeter" or whatever they are called, but I do have an account. If you need help moderating it I am willing to do so.

Dallas Chief
Ironic. I am making that exact point right here!

I think you missed my point, or it missed you (entirely possible coming from me. :doh!:) You didn't have to repeat your less is more mantra 10 times. I think you were heard and replied to.

Titty Meat
I like Al's idea. We need to keep it on message and a simple "Fire Pioli" works.

Fire Me Boy!
10-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Help us, Mr. Hunt. You're our only hope.

(40 characters)

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 04:01 PM
GET A CLUE. FIRE PIOLI.

pimpchief
10-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Help us, Mr. Hunt.

His thinking! Maybe he'll be willing to throw in on the billboard in Dallas!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Umm. I've eaten my fair plate of shit sandwich on this board. A lot of people have donated time, money and resources to this cause. That poster should absolutely be called out IMO.

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I think you missed my point, or it missed you (entirely possible coming from me. :doh!:) You didn't have to repeat your less is more mantra 10 times. I think you were heard and replied to.

What better way for me to exemplify. :D

SPATCH
10-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Someone suggested something along these lines already, but:

GIVE US OUR CHIEFS BACK - FIRE PIOLI

Pioli has essentially held our talented teams captive by saddling us with an inept Cassel. I think that message should be conveyed.

bevischief
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Need change saveourChiefs.com

Titty Meat
10-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Umm. I've eaten my fair plate of shit sandwich on this board. A lot of people have donated time, money and resources to this cause. That poster should absolutely be called out IMO.

This.

|Zach|
10-08-2012, 04:11 PM

I smell a banner coming.

Give him hellllllllll :p

DRU
10-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Return the Hope - Fire Pioli

Hammock Parties
10-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't want to jump the gun, but if Scott is fired a celebratory banner would be all kinds of fun.

NJChiefsFan
10-08-2012, 04:18 PM
If the goal is to embarrass Clark into doing something, comparisons to Carl are home runs.

As long as it implies that we don't like Carl either. I have to agree that we can't look like guys reacting and jumping the gun. We wanted Carl out, we can't look like we want him back again. I do agree its a slap in the face but especially right now our image ideally should be straight forward and clean.

Speaking of that, whoever did post those stupid tweets probably should be shown to the light. There are a ton of people putting effort into this.

pimpchief
10-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I smell a banner coming.

Hide yo husbands they sendin banners at errybidy out hurr

Scorp
10-08-2012, 04:21 PM
DRAFT GENO SMITH CLARK ~ SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

mlyonsd
10-08-2012, 04:21 PM

(40 characters)
I like that. Not incendiary and is a plea directly to Hunt.

10-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Clark, PLEASE SaveOurChiefs.com

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I smell a banner coming.

THE 4TH POSTER IS A DYING BREED

THE 4TH POSTER SHOULD BE SODOMIZED BY A 400LB MAN

Molitoth
10-08-2012, 04:24 PM

(40 characters)

I really Like this one... for a KC banner.

For something over an away game, we would need something different.

A Salt Weapon
10-08-2012, 04:26 PM
It would be great if we could avoid the use of the words: hope or change for this message.
Posted via Mobile Device

pimpchief
10-08-2012, 04:28 PM
THE 4TH POSTER SHOULD BE SODOMIZED BY A 400LB MAN

More like the fourth poster's daughter.

Molitoth
10-08-2012, 04:31 PM
It would be great if we could avoid the use of the words: hope or change for this message.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why exactly?

Aren't we hoping for change?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm going to drop it but it's chickenshit. More than likely a friend of mine here but the fact is if you can embarrass someone else on Twitter anonymously, and can't take it here, you're kind of a puss.

Kyle DeLexus
10-08-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm going to drop it but it's chickenshit. More than likely a friend of mine here but the fact is if you can embarrass someone else on Twitter anonymously, and can't take it here, you're kind of a puss.

I agree that the poster should be made public. There should be some kind of accountability.