PDA

View Full Version : ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Carrington thinks that if you donate $50 to a banner....you have your priorities wrong.

**** him.http://imgsrv.610sports.com/image/DbGraphic/201203/2070570.jpg?1349118210

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Oh, and Carrington (you raving phucking douchebag) just because I donated $50, doesn't mean that $50 would have gone to some charity I somehow cheated. One has nothing to do with the other. That's like saying, because I decided to spend $50 extra at a Chiefs game buying some grub, that I could have spent it on Charity. What a fug tard

Yeah, he's being a complete douche about it.

Reerun_KC
10-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Would be a huge blow to this organizations credibility amongst the fanbase to try and counter market this.

Fritz88
10-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Forget about Cassel in this banner. Go after Pioli. He is the one who deserves this.

Once Pioli is fired Cassel will be gone. Trickle down effect.

Make it simple with something like: WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI!

I like this one better. It's all Pioli's.

Bearcat
10-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Pfft... including PR's $100, the average donation is around $25/person. Oh noes... :rolleyes:

FAX
10-02-2012, 10:14 AM
I like, "Say No To Processed Chiefs!"

FAX

In58men
10-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I like this one better. It's all Pioli's.

Same here. Make it towards Pioli not Cassel.

bevischief
Have you opened up donations via other avenues such as ArrowheadPride, Arrowhead Addict, KCStar bulletin boards, and Athan's tripe site?

I just posted a fanpost on ArrowheadPride with a link for donations and to this thread.

SPATCH
Has anyone submitted this to reddit?

Posted to /r/NFL about 15 minutes ago... currently sitting at 1 upvote and 0 downvotes lol.

bevischief
10-02-2012, 10:16 AM
So are we going banner or billboard

banner

bevischief
10-02-2012, 10:18 AM
I wonder how much he values his reputation. Media coverage of his team's fan absolutely hating on the chiefs has to be valued pretty high.

I am hoping on this thought as well.

Frazod
10-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Who is this Carrington person?

Chief Roundup
10-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Reach out (via email) to shows like 'Around the Horn' or 'Pardon the Interruption' ... offer this topic up for debate. Create a very nice scenario with the simple question of "how can fans fight back to show ownership they care and they are tired"?

Gotta figure it's something that could be lively and kill a segment on one of those shows...

Man I think it would be cool to hear this type of debate on those shows as well as others.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-02-2012, 10:24 AM
This is awesome. Look at it this way. The average donation of $25.00 per person is just taking money away from spending it on the team. One less hat...one less shirt and so on on.

RedDread
10-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Ps... looks like the local Wichita affiliate of NBC wants to do an interview.

Called that shit.

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 10:25 AM
http://imgsrv.610sports.com/image/DbGraphic/201203/2070570.jpg?1349118210Who is this Carrington person?

He's the Ed McMahon to Danny Parkins on The Danny Parkins Show on 610 Sports Radio

Chief Roundup
10-02-2012, 10:25 AM
These 2 guys keep talking about Billionaires and how they are different.
Billionaire is still interested in not losing 10 million a year from thier business.

Frazod
10-02-2012, 10:27 AM
http://imgsrv.610sports.com/image/DbGraphic/201203/2070570.jpg?1349118210

He's the Ed McMahon to Danny Parkins on The Danny Parkins Show on 610 Sports Radio

Ah. I guess he'd be happier if I gave my $20 to some lowlife crackhead. Fuck him.

R8RFAN
10-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Oh, and Carrington (you raving phucking douchebag) just because I donated $50, doesn't mean that $50 would have gone to some charity I somehow cheated. One has nothing to do with the other. That's like saying, because I decided to spend $50 extra at a Chiefs game buying some grub, that I could have spent it on Charity. What a fug tard

Reported

SomeRandomGirl
10-02-2012, 10:31 AM
This just showed up on my facebook feed:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/chiefs_fans_to_protest_by_flying_banner_over_stadium/11860204?linksrc=home_rg_head_11860204

R8RFAN
10-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Somebody just show up and take some high quality camera shots

luv
10-02-2012, 10:35 AM
This just showed up on my facebook feed:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/chiefs_fans_to_protest_by_flying_banner_over_stadium/11860204?linksrc=home_rg_head_11860204

They just got beat down at home by a bitter rival, are sitting in the AFC West cellar with a 1-3 record, and have many within the organization ready to turn the page on quarterback Matt Cassel.

It’s fair to conclude the Chiefs are in a bad place.

And with the Ravens coming to town in Week 5, smart money is on it going from bad to worse.

Despite handing Romeo Crennel the head coaching reigns, hoping he could change the culture tainted by Todd Haley, fundamental issues remain within the team, leading to blowout losses, a poor record and dwindling hope of a successful season.

It’s unfortunate considering the devout fanbase that still comes out in full force each week, even when there’s little to cheer for. However, the dismal situation has led to boiling point for those very fans, who’ve resorted to their own ‘Occupy’ movement in hopes of nudging upper management’s hand.

With the monetary commitment of fellow fans, one member of a Chiefs message board has organized a banner to fly over Arrowhead Stadium this Sunday, calling for, among other things, the firing of general manager Scott Pioli and benching of Cassel. As of early Tuesday morning, $1,055 have been raised for the cause. The tentative plan is for the banner to go airborne before kickoff, and perhaps take to the sky after the game, too.

They’re not stopping there, either. If enough money is raised, the same banner also could be flown at the next home contest, presumably to grab the attention of owner Clark Hunt.

Or so they wish.

I get that desperate times call for desperate measures, but we’ve seen this before and it never ends as hoped. Just six months ago, Dolphins fans lined the streets outside the team facilities, protesting for nearly the exact same reasons. The end result? Just a bunch of people given an excuse to shout and flaunt signs, while changing absolutely nothing.

Though this venture is more expensive, the outcome will ultimately turn out the same and, if anything, land a few folks on the local news.

But, hey, A+ for effort; at least they’re trying. Unlike the team, apparently.

ghak99
10-02-2012, 10:37 AM
These 2 guys keep talking about Billionaires and how they are different.
Billionaire is still interested in not losing 10 million a year from thier business.

They can't comprehend the fact it's not about the dollars.

The Hunt's care about the reputation of Lamar's baby. They will not enjoy their loyal followers bringing, nation wide, negative attention to something that is so closely tied to their family name. If any pressure at all is brought upon Pioli, it's a success.

Sofa King
10-02-2012, 10:39 AM

The Hunt's care about the reputation of Lamar's baby. They will not enjoy their loyal followers bringing, nation wide, negative attention to something that is so closely tied to their family name. If any pressure at all is brought upon Pioli, it's a success.

^ this

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Reported

:LOL:

luv
10-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I get that desperate times call for desperate measures, but we’ve seen this before and it never ends as hoped. Just six months ago, Dolphins fans lined the streets outside the team facilities, protesting for nearly the exact same reasons. The end result? Just a bunch of people given an excuse to shout and flaunt signs, while changing absolutely nothing.

Didn't they draft Tannehill?

kcgizmo
10-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Money Sent. I could not think of a better way to spend a little money on the Chiefs

bevischief
10-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Didn't they draft Tannehill?

Yes.

Chief Roundup
10-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Don't know if anyone else is still listening, but Jason Cole just basicly said that because of Clark and them talking about long term stability that we will have Pioli and Crennel next season. He thinks we will end up with a top 10 pick and draft a QB.

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Updated OP with current $ amount sitting in paypal.

Frazod
10-02-2012, 10:54 AM

I don't know - they certainly don't seem to mind giving the trophy with daddy's name on it to some other team every year.

They live in Texas. I don't think they give two shits about the team as long as it turns a profit.

Rexx
Regardless of the medias opinion, it's a win just because its being heard and discussed. Bravo CP!

frankotank
so what is the banner going to say?
has that been decided for sure?

Chiefs - Pioli = Win

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 11:02 AM
so what is the banner going to say?
has that been decided for sure?

Chiefs - Pioli = Win

WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI - BENCH CASSEL

the Talking Can
10-02-2012, 11:03 AM
don't let them get it twisted

this is about telling pioli he is a cockbag, and telling Cassel he sucks yak anus, in front of the world...

and there is nothing either can do about it...we've gone on record

you'd be gunned down before you got within 5 feet of pioli in person....

InChiefsHeaven
10-02-2012, 11:07 AM

this is about telling pioli he is a cockbag, and telling Cassel he sucks yak anus, in front of the world...

Anybody send something to the KC star about this, or call in to the radio stations down there about it? I'll actually be at this game, looking forward to seeing it!

sedated
10-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Anybody send something to the KC star about this, or call in to the radio stations down there about it? I'll actually be at this game, looking forward to seeing it!

It was mentioned on Fescoe this morning, although he didn’t say “chiefsplanet”, just “fans are planning to fly a banner this week”.

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 11:19 AM

Exactly.

Do I think that Clark Hunt is gonna see or hear about the banner and say... "Oh shit... I better get right on this"? No. It is about the collective voice of fans telling management that we are tired of this. We are so aggrieved by the state of our team that we would rather pay a guy to fly a banner than buy concessions or gear to wear. This is not being done with a purpose to change minds at 1 Arrowhead drive. This is being done to rally the fan base.

We, the fans, made Arrowhead the loudest stadium in the NFL. It is time we use that voice again. Not because we hate the Chiefs or are fair weather fans but the opposite. We love this team and deserve to have a product on the field that is worthy of having us rock the stadium like we did in the 90's.

TLO
10-02-2012, 11:19 AM
This is awesome... Just awesome.

frankotank
10-02-2012, 11:24 AM
WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI - BENCH CASSEL

cool. cool.
I'd seen a lot of chatter about what it should say and wasn't sure what the final decision was. nice.
we've only got 5 more home games (not including Balt)! you're gonna mess around and have TOO much money! :LOL:

The Franchise
10-02-2012, 11:27 AM
I've tweeted this to Adam Schefter, Jay Glazer and John Clayton.

MIAdragon
10-02-2012, 11:36 AM
I've tweeted this to Adam Schefter, Jay Glazer and John Clayton.

nice.

ghak99
10-02-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't know - they certainly don't seem to mind giving the trophy with daddy's name on it to some other team every year.

They live in Texas. I don't think they give two shits about the team as long as it turns a profit.

You make good points and I could be wrong, but I believe Clark put the hammer down on Pioli during the Haley mess. Pioli looked to be sweating bullets when Clark was looking over his shoulder in one of those press conferences. Perhaps it was about money, but to me it looked like Clark stepped in to ensure the Hunt name was protected. Unfortunately, KC fans are happy with teams just good enough to give them hope. As long as the fans feel the team is competitive and there isn't some heathen running around on the sideline, the Hunt name is viewed in a positive light.

Let's face it, Clark threw a serious chunk of change out there when he acquired Pioli, Cassel, Romeo, Weis, etc. He could have turned a profit without going after some of the biggest names on the market.

Either way, Arrowhead is dieing a slow painful death and opposing teams no longer fear the place. How sad is that.

Bearcat
10-02-2012, 11:37 AM
And the first tweet I see when searching for 'chiefs banner'...

Chiefs Coalition ‏@Chiefscoalition

I want to fly a banner saying Real #Chiefs fans support through thick and thin! Does not mean I'm happy but it's my team! Rest are bandwagon
Retweeted 24 times

It's mind-boggling, really... LMAO

DBOSHO
10-02-2012, 11:39 AM
@ChrisHansenNFL: Chiefs fans plan to protest by flying a banner over the stadium. Could get ugly for Pioli and company.

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-02-2012, 11:39 AM

Wut? That tweet is so dumb it should be called a twat.

The Franchise
10-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Fuck the Coalition.

DBOSHO
10-02-2012, 11:43 AM
I cant express how awesome this is.

Id like to send a personal 'thank you' to everyone paying for the banner.

Fish
10-02-2012, 11:43 AM

Holy shit, you're kidding right?

frankotank
10-02-2012, 11:47 AM

Chiefs Coalition ‏@Chiefscoalition

I want to fly a banner saying Real #Chiefs fans support through thick and thin! Does not mean I'm happy but it's my team! Rest are bandwagon
Retweeted 24 times

pretty amazing. you care enough about the team to do something, rather than just sit on your ass bitching, you spend cash money to get it accomplished....and this waste of skin calls you a bandwagon fan.

:banghead:

how does he remember to breath?

teedubya
10-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I nicely told @ChiefsCoilition to get a clue.

"It's not lame to fly the banner @Chiefscoalition it's lame to let Pioli alienate the fans, former players & to keep putting Cassel out there"

Direckshun
10-02-2012, 11:52 AM
So... this is happening?

The Franchise
10-02-2012, 12:00 PM

"It's not lame to fly the banner @Chiefscoalition it's lame to let Pioli alienate the fans, former players & to keep putting Cassel out there"

Get a clue. Your choice.

bevischief
10-02-2012, 12:02 PM
So... this is happening?

Yes. Working on the next home and maybe more.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-02-2012, 12:02 PM
A guy I work with is a huge Ravens fan and is going to the game and he said he isn't sure what he's looking forward to the most... the ass-kicking his team is going to put on ours or seeing the hoopla surrounding all this. He also salutes those doing all this.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Christopher Hansen ‏@ChrisHansenNFL

Getting organized too. RT @SaveOurChiefs: @ChrisHansenNFL Chris, check out http://www.saveourchiefs.com --- The banner will be flying this Sunday!

Bearcat
10-02-2012, 12:03 PM
pretty amazing. you care enough about the team to do something, rather than just sit on your ass bitching, you spend cash money to get it accomplished....and this waste of skin calls you a bandwagon fan.

:banghead:

how does he remember to breath?

Is that place run by 14 year olds? Yeah, if one day my favorite local restaurant decided it was a good idea to start mimicking In-a-tub, I'd feel obligated to voice my displeasure and I sure as hell wouldn't wait 2 decades before I stopped supporting them financially.

alanm
10-02-2012, 12:07 PM
So... this is happening?Apparently so.

Red Brooklyn
10-02-2012, 12:07 PM
I can't believe this is really happening. Congratulations Chiefs fans. This is fantastic. Thank you to everyone who is putting in their money and time to make this a reality.

I'll be at the game. My first trip to Arrowhead since the Bengals tried to kill Trent Green. The best part (besides the banner, I mean)? Tickets and parking passes were free. I get to be there and support this, and I don't have to give the organization a dime.

Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs fans!

YourMult
10-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Please shoot and post a video of this all over the fucking internet. Awesome.

chiefzilla1501
10-02-2012, 12:10 PM
You make good points and I could be wrong, but I believe Clark put the hammer down on Pioli during the Haley mess. Pioli looked to be sweating bullets when Clark was looking over his shoulder in one of those press conferences. Perhaps it was about money, but to me it looked like Clark stepped in to ensure the Hunt name was protected. Unfortunately, KC fans are happy with teams just good enough to give them hope. As long as the fans feel the team is competitive and there isn't some heathen running around on the sideline, the Hunt name is viewed in a positive light.

Let's face it, Clark threw a serious chunk of change out there when he acquired Pioli, Cassel, Romeo, Weis, etc. He could have turned a profit without going after some of the biggest names on the market.

Either way, Arrowhead is dieing a slow painful death and opposing teams no longer fear the place. How sad is that.

I would agree with you. I'll give Clark the benefit of the doubt. If Pioli gets an extension after this mess, unless he does some serious damage control, we can start to question him.

I still have this glimmer of hope that Clark knows this is a problem and that Pioli is skating on thin ice.

And I disagree that this won't work. The Chiefs have had some bad teams before, but their fans are the loyalest of loyal. For it to have sunk this low... it's not good. Pioli is too egotistical not to notice. And Hunt is just not used to Chiefs' fans reacting negatively.

frankotank
10-02-2012, 12:12 PM

these are fans that care enough to DO SOMETHING.
ask 'em what they've done lately? other than piss and moan on a message board. how much money have they spent?

FAX
10-02-2012, 12:13 PM

Exactly so, Mr. teedubya.

Someone should remind them that Will Shields was present during the latest debacle. Undoubtedly, he was embarrassed and saddened by the entire affair.

FAX

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-02-2012, 12:17 PM
another re-tweet!

SaveOurChiefs
@SaveOurChiefs
@ChrisHansenNFL Yes sir. We're not being rude or a bunch of jerks about it either. We just care a lot about the team want whats best!

gblowfish
10-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Man, it's so funny how fast this stuff goes viral. Well, guess we better make a good show outta this, eh? PR Capone: Expect a call from Mark Donovan. He's probably got the bald headed Chiefs CIA dudes tracking you down right now!

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2012, 12:22 PM
JFC, Chiefscoalition are some clueless motherfuckers.

gblowfish
10-02-2012, 12:23 PM
JFC, Chiefscoalition are some clueless motherfuckers.
Yep, they're like the fanatical Jim Jones Chiefs fans. They're busy re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I like and admire genuinely optimistic people. But I despise blind optimism. Does that make sense?

RedSea90
10-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Yes, please post it all over youtube! I wish i can be in Kansas City for this beautiful idea!

The Franchise
10-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Tweeted this out to Jason LaCanfora and Kent Babb.

Donger
10-02-2012, 12:33 PM
$20 says the fucking plane crashes (and lands on Cassel).

the Talking Can
10-02-2012, 12:34 PM
you tell chiefscoalition and black retard we'll meet them in an alley and beat their asses with aids bats and tridents...

Iowanian
10-02-2012, 12:36 PM
...and a can of stale corn in a tube sock from under a member's bed.

WV
10-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Sent $20....

BossChief
10-02-2012, 12:43 PM
And chiefscoalition wonders why their posters leave and slam the place in it's shithole once they do.

Bunch of clueless pussies (with the excemption of no more than 10 posters)

KC native
10-02-2012, 12:48 PM
FUCK YEA guys. Props for making this happen.

mcan
10-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Congrats on getting your guys' voices heard. I don't agree with the level of vitriol towards Clark/Pioli/etc... I agree Cassel isn't the answer and the team should start looking in another direction though. And I definitely think that the fans should find a way to show their displeasure without resorting to the types of behavior that make us look like a fair-weather fan base, or just makes us downright disrespectful or rude. Boycotts and the like only serve to make future coaches and players NOT want to come here. Filling the stadium and rooting for your team win or lose is PART of being a fan. The plane banner is a perfect way to sharpen both sides of this sword.

That said, I think most of our problems are and have been coaching... For nearly a decade now. Changing out the quarterback is like changing the color of your queen on a chessboard. If the coaches have poor schemes and strategies, they just aren't very good chess players. It's not a perfect analogy, because players have to be good enough to execute a scheme. Crappy players can ruin even the best coaches best laid plans. But our guys, and this includes Cassel, aren't "crappy." Some are really quite good. Others are merely adequate. But, we need to find better chess masterminds. All else will be window dressing and false hope. Manning didn't want to come in here and be a fancy chess piece for a guy playing checkers. I believe that why he didn't field our calls.

Titty Meat
10-02-2012, 12:52 PM
LOL Carrington Harrison said we have our priorities wrong yet he just bragged about how he's going to the game this weekend. I think this guy has the Nick Wright syndrome.

KCUnited
10-02-2012, 12:54 PM
LOL Carrington Harrison said we have our priorities wrong yet he just bragged about how he's going to the game this weekend. I think this guy has the Nick Wright syndrome.

The guy claims to be a diehard MU fan but not only attended a KU game in Lawrence, but wore KU gear to the game to "see what it felt like."

Chief Pote
10-02-2012, 01:01 PM

40 fucking years of thick and thin.....really?

Skyy God
10-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Might want to tighten up the banner message.....

frankotank
10-02-2012, 01:08 PM
$20 says the ****ing plane crashes (and lands on Cassel).

that will cost extra.
Capone....please check price....

MIAdragon
10-02-2012, 01:09 PM
you tell chiefscoalition and black retard we'll meet them in an alley and beat their asses with aids bats and tridents...

LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
10-02-2012, 01:10 PM
So what is the banner going to say?

BossChief
10-02-2012, 01:12 PM
The Chiefs right now are akin to a restaurant that serves rotten food and the place is filthy and that coalition poster would keep going because "he has been going there for 20 years"

Me, I'll drive by a bunch of times until I see the "under new management" sign up and then I'll stop in for lunch.

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 01:13 PM
So what is the banner going to say?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jRXQ_sotRSc/UBGYYGKYRcI/AAAAAAAAB2E/-J5YuwtxD_c/s400/eat_mor_chikin.jpg

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 01:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uW68p.jpg

frankotank
10-02-2012, 01:15 PM
That said, I think most of our problems are and have been coaching... For nearly a decade now. Changing out the quarterback is like changing the color of your queen on a chessboard. If the coaches have poor schemes and strategies, they just aren't very good chess players. It's not a perfect analogy, because players have to be good enough to execute a scheme. Crappy players can ruin even the best coaches best laid plans. But our guys, and this includes Cassel, aren't "crappy." Some are really quite good. Others are merely adequate. But, we need to find better chess masterminds. All else will be window dressing and false hope. Manning didn't want to come in here and be a fancy chess piece for a guy playing checkers. I believe that why he didn't field our calls.

I understand what you're getting at....but I'm not buying in....sonofabitch....I'd like a true, real, viable QB. something to build a team around. PLEASE! PLEASE!

I posted below in another thread...

I found this...thought it was interesting....
A few quotes....

The Chiefs never drafted their own quarterback to develop until Brodie Croyle was chosen in the 2006 NFL Draft and claimed the starting position in 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...nnon_and_Grbac

Dayze
10-02-2012, 01:18 PM
that will cost extra.
Capone....please check price....

I think I have a coupon at home.

Fritz88
What if Cassel shreds the Ravens D? And we win 37-0?
Posted via Mobile Device

frankotank
The Chiefs right now are akin to a restaurant that serves rotten food and the place is filthy and that coalition poster would keep going because "he has been going there for 20 years"

Me, I'll drive by a bunch of times until I see the "under new management" sign up and then I'll stop in for lunch.

your damned avatar should be banned. my stomach lurches every time I see it.

luv
10-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Dayze
10-02-2012, 01:19 PM
at least us folk at CP are putting our money where our collective mouths are. Unlike some people at 1 ARrowhead drive.

Right 53
Competition at QB
Process

frankotank
10-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

then I'd guess the plane didn't crash on him. DAMMIT CAPONE! :D

Dayze
Posted via Mobile Device

what if it's proven that we didn't land on the moon, that 911 was an inside job, and the JFC assasination was orchestrated by the mob.

....on the same day. On Discorery Channel.

:D

ChiTown
Posted via Mobile Device

A blind squirrel and an acorn...........you know the story

frankotank
10-02-2012, 01:25 PM
what if it's proven that we didn't land on the moon, that 911 was an inside job, and the JFC assasination was orchestrated by the mob.

....on the same day. On Discorery Channel.

it's actually spelled Dis-Corey Channel and it doesn't provide this type of info.
24 hours of dissing the Coreys, but it was discontinued after Haims death.

http://www.okmagazine.com/sites/okmagazine.com/files/imagecache/node_page_image/article_images/corey-feldman-7-20-main.jpghttp://www.nndb.com/people/909/000022843/corey-haim-very-80s-sm.jpg

Dayze
10-02-2012, 01:27 PM
lol. my typinng can clearly send the wrong message at times.

"Man...Dayze is weird. He watches the Dis-Corey channel. I didn't even know that existed . What a weird fuck"

ghak99
10-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

If that's all it takes to get Cassel to perform, you claim motivation and start collecting funds for banners over every game in every city he plays in.

We'd have to keep an eye on anonymous donations, wouldn't wanting that snake Pioli slipping one in and taking credit for the success.

InChiefsHeaven
10-02-2012, 01:31 PM
If I remember it, I'll bring one of those American Express signs:

Quarterback: 62 million dollars
General Manager: a lot of money
Upgrades to Arrowhead: 300 million
Watching the stadium empty by halftime...

vailpass
10-02-2012, 01:33 PM
This place has it's moments.

Well done Capone and crew.

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
This place has it's moments.

Well done Capone and crew.

F Off, Donkey Breath!

ghak99
10-02-2012, 01:37 PM
F Off, Donkey Breath!

ROFL

Classic!

This thread and posts like these are why I chose CP over the others.

vailpass
10-02-2012, 01:40 PM
F Off, Donkey Breath!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aocAU7nW3D8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Radar Chief
10-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

:LOL: Not even if the Ravens suited up their cheerleaders.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

What if there were actually a Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, and Easter Bunny?

vailpass
10-02-2012, 01:43 PM
:LOL: Not even if the Ravens suited up their cheerleaders.

I picked KC to win this week in a friend pool. This is JUST the kind of game the Chiefs win. The kind where they have no reason or right to win aka last year's Packer game.

the Talking Can
10-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

just another day for chiefs fans...

frankotank
10-02-2012, 01:47 PM
I picked KC to win this week in a friend pool. This is JUST the kind of game the Chiefs win. The kind where they have no reason or right to win aka last year's Packer game.

ab-so-fucking-LUTELY!
we have a survivor pool at work...damn thing is worth 7K this year!!!
NEVER trust the Chiefs to win when they should win.....
more importantly NEVER trust the Chiefs to lose when they should lose.
frigging psychos!

Radar Chief
10-02-2012, 01:51 PM

Ravens D > GB D and we no longer have Orton to salvage the offense.

Old Dog
10-02-2012, 01:52 PM
What if there were actually a Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, and Easter Bunny?

Can they replace Pioli, Crennel, and Cassel? Sign me up

vailpass
10-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Ravens D > GB D and we no longer have Orton to salvage the offense.

Agreed completely. Cassel isn't Orton and Packer D=non-existent.

Still, over the last few years KC has a way of winning, and losing, games they shouldn't.

vailpass
10-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Can they replace Pioli, Crennel, and Pioli? Sign me up

You hate him so bad you want him fired twice?
I like the cut of your jib sailor.

Fritz88
10-02-2012, 02:01 PM
We'd have to keep an eye on anonymous donations, wouldn't wanting that snake Pioli slipping one in and taking credit for the success.

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Old Dog
10-02-2012, 02:06 PM
You hate him so bad you want him fired twice?
I like the cut of your jib sailor.

fixeded

GoShox
10-02-2012, 02:07 PM

I get what you're saying, but I think this game will be more like the Patriots or Jets games from last year where we had no right to win and got absolutely smashed.

Dayze
10-02-2012, 02:07 PM
how does one go about photoshopping Pioli with his dumbass grin from his original introductory press conference, flying a Cessna?

Garcia Bronco
10-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Everybody's got their cups but that ain't chipped in

vailpass
10-02-2012, 02:11 PM
fixeded

Bearcat
10-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Agreed completely. Cassel isn't Orton and Packer D=non-existent.

Still, over the last few years KC has a way of winning, and losing, games they shouldn't.

The Packers game is the only one that comes to mind as far as winning games they shouldn't.... I think they've beaten 3 playoff teams in the past 3+ seasons, and Cassel didn't start two of those (he beat the 7-9 Seahawks).

There have been surprises, like the MNF game vs the Chargers, and the 2010 game vs the 49ers... but none of those teams ended up being anything more than mediocre (and the Saints this year, but they're a mess).

Old Dog
10-02-2012, 02:17 PM
I still can't get over the line being only 4 1/2.....if a line looks too good to be true, it normally is. I have a feeling this one may be a lot closer than many here are suspecting.

Chiefspants
10-02-2012, 02:18 PM
The Packers game is the only one that comes to mind as far as winning games they shouldn't.... I think they've beaten 3 playoff teams in the past 3+ seasons, and Cassel didn't start two of those (he beat the 7-9 Seahawks).

There have been surprises, like the MNF game vs the Chargers, and the 2010 game vs the 49ers... but none of those teams ended up being anything more than mediocre (and the Saints this year, but they're a mess).

Though they didn't make it to the playoffs, the steelers win of 2009 and last year's win over the bears were definitely out of left field.

Munson
10-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Somebody needs to bring their digital SLR and zoom lens to the game and take some pics of this glorious banner flying over Arrowhead.

CoMoChief
10-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Need more media outlets on this shit pronto tanto!!!!

Bearcat
10-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Though they didn't make it to the playoffs, the steelers win of 2009 and last year's win over the bears were definitely out of left field.

Didn't think about the Steelers game... didn't Forte get hurt early in the game vs the Bears, and they were also starting some scrub at QB? Sure, that 30 yard hail mary was a huge surprise, but someone had to win...

The Franchise
10-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Didn't think about the Steelers game... didn't Forte get hurt early in the game vs the Bears, and they were also starting some scrub at QB? Sure, that 30 yard hail mary was a huge surprise, but someone had to win...

No Forte and they had Caleb Hanie at QB.

Bearcat
10-02-2012, 02:23 PM
No Forte and they had Caleb Hanie at QB.

I turned on that game about 5 minutes before the Chiefs' TD and then didn't watch the 2nd half... awesome game! :D

SPATCH
10-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Here is a link to the discussion on Reddit in the NFL subreddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/10tl1y/its_being_dubbed_arrowhead_spring_chiefs_fans_are/

It is mostly uninformed nonsense from fans of other teams, which is kinda to be expected.

Frazod
10-02-2012, 02:34 PM
I turned on that game about 5 minutes before the Chiefs' TD and then didn't watch the 2nd half... awesome game! :D

I watched it in person. Holy shit, it was like watching a pair of qualdriplegics having a tickle fight. The only good thing was the widespread look of nausea on the faces of thousands of formerly-arrogant Bears fans as they realized they were going to lose to..... us.

Chiefspants
10-02-2012, 02:42 PM

If Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, and Matt Cassel get hurt in some bizarre pre-game on field collision, watch out, we may have a game on Sunday.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2012, 02:45 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/10tl1y/its_being_dubbed_arrowhead_spring_chiefs_fans_are/

It is mostly uninformed nonsense from fans of other teams, which is kinda to be expected.

I can't read any of that without feeling my blood beginning to boil.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I would agree with you. I'll give Clark the benefit of the doubt. If Pioli gets an extension after this mess, unless he does some serious damage control, we can start to question him.

I still have this glimmer of hope that Clark knows this is a problem and that Pioli is skating on thin ice.

And I disagree that this won't work. The Chiefs have had some bad teams before, but their fans are the loyalest of loyal. For it to have sunk this low... it's not good. Pioli is too egotistical not to notice. And Hunt is just not used to Chiefs' fans reacting negatively.

I think it's already working. All of a sudden Quinn is getting snaps with the 1's? Yeah. Not this. Just coincidence...

luv
10-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Looks like I'm going to the game Sunday. I'll make sure to get pictures.

Titty Meat
10-02-2012, 02:48 PM

Lawlz @ the one dude who points out the Chiefs have lead in time of possession and first downs. Wonder if that dumbass has ever heard of garbage time?

vailpass
10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
I think it's already working. All of a sudden Quinn is getting snaps with the 1's? Yeah. Not this. Just coincidence...

If this benches Cassel all your sig lines are belong to PR Capone.

Reerun_KC
10-02-2012, 02:57 PM

I want Quinn to play the Ravens... I would love nothing more than watching his garbage ass get destroyed by their D...

Would make the game quite enjoyable. Please Cassel, fuck up so bad that you get pulled so we can watch Quinn get raped...

Fuck Quinn, a pure garbage shit QB.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2012, 03:02 PM
I want Quinn to play the Ravens... I would love nothing more than watching his garbage ass get destroyed by their D...

Would make the game quite enjoyable. Please Cassel, fuck up so bad that you get pulled so we can watch Quinn get raped...

Fuck Quinn, a pure garbage shit QB.

I take it you're not a big Pioli fan for putting us in this position. Spew the vitriol. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Reerun_KC
10-02-2012, 03:09 PM
I take it you're not a big Pioli fan for putting us in this position. Spew the vitriol. Tell us how you REALLY feel.I feel better now.

tooge
10-02-2012, 03:11 PM
I've sent an e mail to Florio at Profootball talk about this. I'm sure he will have his cronies check it out and if it looks like a story, he may post something. I know he did about the Tebow billboard last year.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Lawlz @ the one dude who points out the Chiefs have lead in time of possession and first downs. Wonder if that dumbass has ever heard of garbage time?

LOL

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2012, 03:17 PM
It'd be cool to see the CBS pregame pick up on this.

DMAC
10-02-2012, 03:19 PM
"WE DESERVE BETTER: FIRE PIOLI" is the banner?

If so...heh heh...awesome.

Chief Roundup
10-02-2012, 03:19 PM

Quinn might actually have an advantage in this game. He played against the Ravens twice a year while he was with the Browns. So he should know some of thier tendencies.

oldman
10-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Since he hasn't played in forever, I doubt it. But he did put his helmelt on last game!!

10-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Hmmm, has Riggle donated yet?

Bearcat
10-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Quinn might actually have an advantage in this game. He played against the Ravens twice a year while he was with the Browns. So he should know some of thier tendencies.

Uh...

DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
Sun 9/27 @BAL L 3-34 6 8 34 75.0 4.25 12 0 1 1.8 42.7 2 9 4.5 7 0

Mon 11/16 vs BAL L 0-16 13 31 99 41.9 3.19 30 0 2 2.0 23.5 2 1 0.5 2 0

gblowfish
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
They're talking about us on the NY Jets site:
http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248728

Wonder how long before we're on every NFL fan board?

Marcellus
10-02-2012, 03:57 PM

That would imply RAC would know them very well and have a great plan in place as well.

Expecting that to happen?

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
They're talking about us on the NY Jets site:
http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248728

Wonder how long before we're on every NFL fan board?

It would seem they think Lamar is still alive.

First off, great organization by the fans there. To the people saying "it wont do anything" does anyone except lamar hunt to come out and say, "I wasnt gonna make a change at GM or QB, but now that I saw the banner I will"? It just shows how upset the fans are which is good.

I was very surprised to see pioli's draft record...not a lot of hits there

gblowfish
10-02-2012, 04:05 PM
You can't expect Jet fans to know Lamar Hunt is no longer with us. Hell, they're Jet fans. They're one of the few teams that have gone longer without a SB appearance than US!

Meanwhile, Ajax the Parrot Joins the Chiefs Coalition. All is Well! Remain Calm!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X_mVnYidAhM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NJChiefsFan
10-02-2012, 04:07 PM
You can't expect Jet fans to know Lamar Hunt is no longer with us. Hell, they're Jet fans. They're one of the few teams that have gone longer without a SB appearance than US!

Meanwhile, Ajax the Parrot Joins the Chiefs Coalition. All is Well! Remain Calm!!!

I was told at a Jets/Chiefs game in the Meadowlands that the Chiefs suck because they haven't won a SB since SB IV. I am not sure I have ever had a better, more easy, put-away comeback in my life.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Hmmm, has Riggle donated yet?

That would be hilarious, considering he's on the Chiefs' payroll.

10-02-2012, 04:46 PM
That would be hilarious, considering he's on the Chiefs' payroll.

exactly. anonymous of course.

BigRedChief
10-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Dunno, but The Oatmeal dude got 1.3 million dollars to fund the Tesla Museum. (http://theoatmeal.com/blog/tesla_museum).. I'm sure if Chiefsplanet had to come up with $5-10k for a full on campaign... I'd bet the funds would come in.

After they see the crowdsourced social grassroots campaign launch on Sunday. The Clark and Pioli may finally learn that you can't alienate your fans, your former players and field shit talent on the field year after year and get away with it without hearing from Chiefs Nation.

Social media has matured since we tried to get rid of King Carl. Social media and the fans can take these guys down. We can make it so uncomfortable to do business that the business landscape changes underneath their feet and they have no choice but to act.

10-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I was told at a Jets/Chiefs game in the Meadowlands that the Chiefs suck because they haven't won a SB since SB IV. I am not sure I have ever had a better, more easy, put-away comeback in my life.

Well, nobody ever accused jets fans of being intelligent.

SomeRandomGirl
10-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Ok, sent money via paypal.

BigRedChief
10-02-2012, 04:56 PM
It's hit the yardbarker site. I'm on their email list already.

Chiefs fans to protest by flying banner over stadium

<abbr class="published" title="2012-10-02 00:51,">October 2, 2012 - 12:51 am</abbr> · 3 comments (http://helmet2helmet.net/2012/10/02/chiefs-fans-to-protest-by-flying-banner-over-stadium/#comments)
by Zack Kelberman
in Kansas City Chiefs (http://helmet2helmet.net/category/afc-teams/kansas-city-chiefs/)

http://helmet2helmet.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/chiefs-fans.jpg (http://helmet2helmet.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/chiefs-fans.jpg)They just got beat down at home by a bitter rival, are sitting in the AFC West cellar with a 1-3 record, and have many within the organization ready to turn the page on (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--week-4-winners-losers--chiefs--matt-cassel-may-be-losing-grip-on-starting-job.html) quarterback Matt Cassel.

It’s fair to conclude the Chiefs are in a bad place.
And with the Ravens coming to town in Week 5, smart money is on it going from bad to worse.

Despite handing Romeo Crennel the head coaching reigns, hoping he could change the culture tainted (http://helmet2helmet.net/2012/01/15/haley-suspected-chiefs-of-bugging-facility-cellphone/) by Todd Haley, fundamental issues remain within the team, leading to blowout losses, a poor record and dwindling hope of a successful season.

It’s unfortunate considering the devout fanbase that still comes out in full force each week, even when there’s little to cheer for. However, the dismal situation has led to boiling point for those very fans, who’ve resorted to their own ‘Occupy’ movement in hopes of nudging upper management’s hand.

With the monetary commitment of fellow fans, one member of a Chiefs message board (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510&page=8) has organized a banner to fly over Arrowhead Stadium this Sunday, calling for, among other things, the firing of general manager Scott Pioli and benching of Cassel. As of early Tuesday morning, $1,055 have been raised for the cause. The tentative plan is for the banner to go airborne before kickoff, and perhaps take to the sky after the game, too.

They’re not stopping there, either. If enough money is raised, the same banner also could be flown at the next home contest, presumably to grab the attention of owner Clark Hunt.
Or so they wish.

I get that desperate times call for desperate measures, but we’ve seen this before and it never ends as hoped. Just six months ago, Dolphins fans lined the streets (http://helmet2helmet.net/2012/03/19/dolphins-fans-organizing-mass-protest-tuesday/) outside the team facilities, protesting for nearly the exact same reasons. The end result? Just a bunch of people given an excuse to shout and flaunt signs, while changing absolutely nothing.
Though this venture is more expensive, the outcome will ultimately turn out the same and, if anything, land a few folks on the local news.
But, hey, A+ for effort; at least they’re trying. Unlike the team, apparently.
(Photo: John Sleezer/McClatchy-Tribune)

hometeam
10-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Q X 5

SomeRandomGirl
10-02-2012, 05:01 PM
How you like my sig? Not amazing, but fun nonetheless.

DaFace
10-02-2012, 05:08 PM

Not a fan of the whole "Arrowhead Spring" thing. That makes it sound lame and cheesy.

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 05:10 PM
How you like my sig? Not amazing, but fun nonetheless.

LOVE IT

teedubya
10-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Not a fan of the whole "Arrowhead Spring" thing. That makes it sound lame and cheesy.

Yeah. I was wanting to help orchestrate the reddit post... and edit the copy a bit. I can get those things to pop, if done right.

Good intentions, though... it just needed a bit more strategic thinking behind it... and it would have been best to launch on Sunday after we had pics of it, IMO.

BigRedChief
10-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Not a fan of the whole "Arrowhead Spring" thing. That makes it sound lame and cheesy.+1

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 05:17 PM
updated OP with paypal amt

BigRedChief
10-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Yeah. I was wanting to help orchestrate the reddit post... and edit the copy a bit. I can get those things to pop, if done right.

Good intentions, though... it just needed a bit more strategic thinking behind it... and it would have been best to launch on Sunday after we had pics of it, IMO.This!

We need to think strategically and act logically. Get the most bang for our buck.

The Mayor
10-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Got my confirmation email. You should see my contribution in your account. Wish I could see it live!

ClevelandBronco
10-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Dammit you guys. This had better have no effect.

NJChiefsFan
10-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Well, nobody ever accused jets fans of being intelligent.

No, no they haven't. It's odd how different two fanbases(Giants/Jets) can be considering they are from the exact same region.

FlaChief58
10-02-2012, 05:36 PM

bitch please

jackkked
10-02-2012, 05:48 PM
You Got Money
PP $ sent

BigRedChief
10-02-2012, 05:57 PM

It's mind-boggling, really... LMAOWTF, the coalition is on board with the direction on the team?

BigRedChief
10-02-2012, 06:00 PM
the "donate to" and paypal email address thing might be a little much. Should be a URL for a page that then suggests ways to get involved.no way do you put "donate" on a billboard. It will kill the incentive to drive traffic to a web site.

Planetman
10-02-2012, 06:07 PM
If this idea fails, someone please rename the lounge, "The Sopwith Camel." :D

MIAdragon
10-02-2012, 06:26 PM
WTF, the coalition is on board with the direction on the team?

There are some of those idiots here too :banghead:

bevischief
10-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Where the hell is donation? Done this morning.

Bwana
10-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Where the hell is donation? Done this morning.

Likewise

rockymtnchief
10-02-2012, 06:35 PM
In for $25.

bevischief
10-02-2012, 06:35 PM
There are a lot more people who donated that I don't on this list.

AustinChief
10-02-2012, 06:37 PM
OK, here are my thoughts on the next step...

If the national media picks up and gives the slightest mention of the banner.. then it is DONE.. no need to fly it again, it would have substantially diminished returns. If there is NO national coverage at all (seems highly unlikely) then I would say it may be worth flying it again.

If we do get national coverage (even a little) then I think you go with a billboard if it is economically feasible. If not, then I suggest looking into expanding the online reach and other grassroots efforts like a concessions boycott or whatnot.

bevischief
10-02-2012, 06:37 PM
In for $25.

You, me and Bwana at least.

AustinChief
10-02-2012, 06:40 PM
There are a lot more people who donated that I don't on this list.

yeah, let's cut pr_capone some slack, it's a nightmare trying to sift through paypal donations and figure out what's from whom and the like. If you use the NOTE field and put your username in there, it would be easier but it still is a bitch to try to keep track of. Of all the things he is tackling right now, I'd put 'updating the donor list' smack dab at the bottom of the priority list.

BigRedChief
10-02-2012, 06:43 PM
yeah, let's cut pr_capone some slack, it's a nightmare trying to sift through paypal donations and figure out what's from whom and the like. If you use the NOTE field and put your username in there, it would be easier but it still is a bitch to try to keep track of. Of all the things he is tackling right now, I'd put 'updating the donor list' smack dab at the bottom of the priority list.I'll offer to help PR. Been keeping the peoples money straight for the packages for the troops and nzoners bash.

JoeyChuckles
10-02-2012, 06:45 PM
It's Arrowhead Spring.

I coin the phrase "Arrowhead Spring" last night in post 408, nobody says a damn thing about it, and then it shows up in a YardBarker story? I feel a bit violated.

Well I guess I contributed something to the whole thing, if not money yet.

bevischief
10-02-2012, 06:49 PM
yeah, let's cut pr_capone some slack, it's a nightmare trying to sift through paypal donations and figure out what's from whom and the like. If you use the NOTE field and put your username in there, it would be easier but it still is a bitch to try to keep track of. Of all the things he is tackling right now, I'd put 'updating the donor list' smack dab at the bottom of the priority list.

I did just making sure that the outer towners get the credit for helping out, that this is not just a local effort but a national effort. That's all.

Mizzou_8541
10-02-2012, 06:52 PM

Wow, that'll show 'em!

Frazod
10-02-2012, 06:57 PM

Since he added me last night, I agree with this. :D

SDChiefs
10-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Not sure if one of you did this, but there is a "bench Matt Cassel" page on FB. Like it. Sorry if repost but im not reading through 63 pages. There is also an article on there that mentions your little crusade. Kudos to you, youre my hero. PS, myself and both my roommates are going to try to send money. Joe is signing up on the planet as we speak.

Bwana

If the national media picks up and gives the slightest mention of the banner.. then it is DONE.. no need to fly it again, it would have substantially diminished returns. If there is NO national coverage at all (seems highly unlikely) then I would say it may be worth flying it again.

If we do get national coverage (even a little) then I think you go with a billboard if it is economically feasible. If not, then I suggest looking into expanding the online reach and other grassroots efforts like a concessions boycott or whatnot.

Bingo

Planetman

Before someone gets all gung ho on the billboard idea, you better check all the laws Missouri has in place for them. I can tell you from recent experience, it could be a colossal waste of time and effort if you don't familiarize yourself with the regs.

Bwana
10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
You, me and Bwana at least.

He sent me a PM and he works 12 hour shifts. He will get us all on there. :thumb: I can't wait to see some shots of this thing in the air. :)

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 07:00 PM

I am going to disagree with you. If you stop flying the banner after getting some media attention than it looks like that is all we were after. You keep flying the banner until actual changes are made (providing funds keep coming in). Continuing the flights shows it is not just a moment of venting frustration but, that we are serious about this. Especially as a grass roots average fan donating to the cause week in and week out.

Pursue other avenues but, do not abandon the flights.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
10-02-2012, 07:05 PM
folks - honestly - i see the idea of a movie in here somewhere - if this groundswell continues and results in change? impossible? - not really!

In for $20US from canada!!!

mlyonsd
10-02-2012, 07:12 PM
The next step should be we just buy the team from Clark.

gblowfish
10-02-2012, 07:13 PM
The next step should be we just buy the team from Clark.

Think he'd take $600 for it?

mlyonsd
10-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Think he'd take $600 for it?If we keep putting pressure on him maybe he'll crack Howard Hughs style.

CosmicPal
10-02-2012, 07:16 PM

The way things are going there may be enough collective money to buy out the contracts of both Cassel and Pioli and send them both out of Arrowhead for good.

Dayze
10-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Can someone take a pic of the banner please? Sure as hell won't be on tv anywhere

ILChief
10-02-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm surprised no major news outlet has picked this up. This seems like something Florio at profootballtalk would run with

Dayze
10-02-2012, 07:26 PM
If Tebow were flying the plane, they'd pick it up

SomeRandomGirl
10-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I saw the Chris Hansen tweets earlier, but didn't see his latest article from bleacherreport.com posted yet. Sorry if repost.

The Kansas City Chiefs Should Stick With Matt Cassel (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1356284-the-kansas-city-chiefs-should-stick-with-matt-cassel?search_query=chiefs%20stick%20with%20cassel)

By
Christopher Hansen
(AFC West Lead Writer) on October 2, 2012

The Kansas City Chiefs are a disappointing 1-3 and a big reason for their bad start has been the poor play of quarterback Matt Cassel. Turnovers have been particularly costly for the Chiefs and Cassel has 10 of the team’s 15 turnovers through the first four games.

Fans are growing impatient with Cassel, general manager Scott Pioli and head coach Romeo Crennel. One group of fans will protest the game by flying a banner over the stadium on Sunday. While Pioli and Crennel might be the problem, benching Cassel just makes things worse.

Cassel is not a good starting quarterback, but he’s still the best quarterback available to the Chiefs.

Brady Quinn is basically Cassel three years from now. Ricky Stanzi? Please. There are a few quarterbacks available through free agency, but whether they are better than Cassel is questionable plus there is a steep learning curve at the position.

Benching Cassel only gives Pioli and Crennel a scapegoat for the team’s poor performance. Pioli is the one that brought Cassel in and stuck with him this long. Pioli even had opportunities to bring in a franchise quarterback through the draft and instead squandered those picks. He didn’t even sign a quarterback that was worth starting over Cassel this offseason.

Crennel’s specialty is defense and that side of the ball has also fallen apart. The team that played so hard for him when he was an interim coach looks lost and confused.

It’s clear that the Chiefs have issues and Cassel might not even be the biggest one. It’s not Cassel’s fault that the defense can’t keep the game within two scores or that offensive coordinator Brian Daboll hasn’t been able to run the ball enough.

Cassel has attempted 55 more passes in the first four games than he did 2010, the season he led the Chiefs to the playoffs. This is inexcusable given Kansas City's highly productive running game; the Chiefs are averaging 5.6 yards per carry this season, compared to 4.7 in 2010.

Cassel is throwing the ball more because the Chiefs have had to attempt to come back from down two touchdowns in every game this season, but Daboll needs to resist the urge to go away from the running game. The statistics are obviously skewed because Cassel has been piling up garbage-time stats in three of the four games. Outside of the interceptions, Cassel has actually been a more productive passer than he was in 2010.

If the defense could keep the game close, Daboll could lean on the running game and limit passing plays that would put Cassel in a position to make mistakes. If thing don’t change quickly, it’s going to be a very long season in Kansas City.

The margin of error is razor thin with a quarterback like Cassel, and that should be no surprise to anyone. The only people that seem surprised are Pioli and Crennel. Benching Cassel just makes the offense worse and allows those responsible for the poor play to blame someone other than themselves.

Fans should be supporting Cassel and letting his performance be the iceberg to Pioli’s Titanic. Besides, it’s not like the Chiefs have a better option.

NJChiefsFan
10-02-2012, 07:42 PM
If Tebow were flying the plane, they'd pick it up

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Dylan
10-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Contact: Associated Press - They should distribute the news on the national wire

http://www.ap.org/company/contact-us

Dave Skretta, AP Sports Writer - wire source of news and information on the KC Chiefs

https://twitter.com/APdaveskretta

That is great!!!

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I saw the Chris Hansen tweets earlier, but didn't see his latest article from bleacherreport.com posted yet. Sorry if repost.

The Kansas City Chiefs Should Stick With Matt Cassel (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1356284-the-kansas-city-chiefs-should-stick-with-matt-cassel?search_query=chiefs%20stick%20with%20cassel)

What the author fails to realize is that Cassel ALREADY HAS BEEN Pioli's downfall. That is the number one reason, in a list of many, that we have turned on him.

AustinChief
10-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I am going to disagree with you. If you stop flying the banner after getting some media attention than it looks like that is all we were after. You keep flying the banner until actual changes are made (providing funds keep coming in). Continuing the flights shows it is not just a moment of venting frustration but, that we are serious about this. Especially as a grass roots average fan donating to the cause week in and week out.

Pursue other avenues but, do not abandon the flights.

Well we will have to disagree here (a rare event!).. I just think the banner's return on investment will be so low that the money would be better spent on other avenues. If you keep changing things up, the media keeps reporting on it. "OH look, those banner guys are now doing a billboard!" "oh look those crazy billboard guys are having a {insert crazy event} to protest"

I just don't see as much coverage for "oh look, the banner is back again for the 4th week..."

WV
10-02-2012, 07:55 PM

This is probably accurate, but we're tired of seeing Cassel trotted out there every Sunday to suck ass. The other two QB's are at least up to sucking equally, furthering the evidence that this organization knows exacly squat about picking a QB. Exactly how much run does Pioli get for being a part of the team that LUCKILY drafted Brady.

I'm not sure of the perfect wording for the banner, but whatever it takes to remove Cassel is the biggest key. Hell even Daniel Snyder is taking less heat now that they have RGIII, Geno Smith may just make Peeholy tolerable.

WV
10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Well we will have to disagree here (a rare event!).. I just think the banner's return on investment will be so low that the money would be better spent on other avenues. If you keep changing things up, the media keeps reporting on it. "OH look, those banner guys are now doing a billboard!" "oh look those crazy billboard guys are having a {insert crazy event} to protest"

I just don't see as much coverage for "oh look, the banner is back again for the 4th week..."

Agreed...it will lose it's burst after 1 week, maybe 2. It's initial shock value will not be increased. If it can get time before and ideally after the game it's accomplished most of what it ever will.

teedubya
10-02-2012, 08:00 PM
IMO, we turn the 2nd banner/billboard into a call-to-action of some sort.

We ask the fans to blackout some game. Maybe the last game of the year... something.

If we are just bitching... fine. But, I'd like to see some mass action when the fans do or don't do something in a coordinated fashion.

AustinChief
10-02-2012, 08:09 PM
IMO, we turn the 2nd banner/billboard into a call-to-action of some sort.

We ask the fans to blackout some game. Maybe the last game of the year... something.

If we are just bitching... fine. But, I'd like to see some mass action when the fans do or don't do something in a coordinated fashion.

Exactly! Each week of inaction should prompt further more extreme measures.

Escalation dominance works. (a little cold war theory for Raidehader to get behind! :D)

Titty Meat
10-02-2012, 08:14 PM

How bout for the final hooray we buy a Chevy Tahoe driven by Kc Wolf to pick Pioli up during the pre-game intro of the last home game of the season and KC drives him back to Boston?

Titty Meat
10-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Hey Teedub did you say Fox 4 was going to interview PR? I just got a tweet from a reporter saying that this is a great story and will be passed along to the producers.

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 08:20 PM
updated OP with new total

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Hey... KSN News channel 3 will be at my house tomorrow at 2pm. The guy sounded disappointed when he asked if I had a bunch of chiefs gear and I told him I only own 2 jerseys.

Dammit man... I spend all my gear money on traveling to go see this damn circus act.

NJChiefsFan
10-02-2012, 08:22 PM
updated OP with new total

I will be able to throw some in for step 2. Do we know whether we are leaning towards billboard, banner, or both? Guess it depends on the results of this Sunday.

Kyle DeLexus
10-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Hey Teedub did you say Fox 4 was going to interview PR? I just got a tweet from a reporter saying that this is a great story and will be passed along to the producers.

Yeah I thought something was going to run tonight so I'm recording the news. Let me know if it's not running tonight so I can just delete it.

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 08:24 PM

We are expecting to different reactions from the people/media obviously. In my mind everyone expects this to be a one time show. When it keeps happening people are going say "these guys are serious". Combine that with other avenues of getting the message across and you potentially have more than just a little national interest.

Of course all of this comes down to people continuing to donate during a very tough economy.... so I do understand where you are coming from. It very well may not be feasible to pull off both at the same time. Just my worthless 2 cents on the matter. :)

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Watch us beat the Ravens. LMAO

There is no way this team is beating the Ravens.

None.

They might grab their balls and compete for a half but the Ravens have an elite passing attack to go with their nasty ass D now.

This might be the best team we play all year. Ray Lewis won't let that team lose to a dogshit club like the Chiefs.

Also, B-More is #3 in YPC allowed. LOL

GO KASL IT'S ALL ON YOU BUD

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Exactly! Each week of inaction should prompt further more extreme measures.

Escalation dominance works. (a little cold war theory for Raidehader to get behind! :D)

Hah hah. I pretty much said it but for a quick clarification: I am all for escalation. I just think the continuation of the banner being flown is a form of said escalation given that no one expects to happen more than once.

Bewbies
10-02-2012, 08:29 PM
If you're going to run a banner more than once it should change the message a little bit. The same one over and over would lose effectiveness BIG TIME.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Heh...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1356097-matt-cassel-romeo-crennel-must-bench-embattled-chiefs-qb-immediately

doomy3
10-02-2012, 08:30 PM
I have a 50 spot coming your way.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Please shoot and post a video of this all over the fucking internet. Awesome.

Yeah, I would be forever in debt of anyone who shot an HD video of this.

I would definitely put it in the video I'm planning to edit together, which will chronicle 4 years of fail.

Titty Meat
10-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Hey... KSN News channel 3 will be at my house tomorrow at 2pm. The guy sounded disappointed when he asked if I had a bunch of chiefs gear and I told him I only own 2 jerseys.

Dammit man... I spend all my gear money on traveling to go see this damn circus act.

Make sure your house is clean

ghak99
10-02-2012, 08:34 PM
I feel a second banner flight has substantial value and would show we're serious. One hit wonders are too quickly forgotten. The majority of the press will happen in the days following the game giving the fans enough knowledge to be looking for it, and talking about it, prior to flying it the second time around. Ideally this would maximize exposure. If they happen to bench Cassel at the half and we cut it off to "We deserve better - Fire Pioli" the next week, it will make a pretty bold statement.

I would not see a point in a third flight but, as AustinChief mentioned, at that point it needs to change to another avenue of exposure to give the media the opportunity to mention the ChiefsPlanet goons have called an Omaha and are now running a billboard straight up Pioli's ass.

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Make sure your house is clean

It is a good thing that I keep my meth lab in the trunk of my Camaro that is sitting on bricks back behind my double wide.

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 08:36 PM
If you're going to run a banner more than once it should change the message a little bit. The same one over and over would lose effectiveness BIG TIME.

Possibly. Depends on wether or not the first one has any effect, and to what extent. If none, I might suggest changing "We Deserve Better" to "We Pay For Better" and then leave the rest the same.

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 08:38 PM
I feel a second banner flight has substantial value and would show we're serious. One hit wonders are too quickly forgotten. The majority of the press will happen in the days following the game giving the fans enough knowledge to be looking for it, and talking about it, prior to flying it the second time around. Ideally this would maximize exposure. If they happen to bench Cassel at the half and we cut it off to "We deserve better - Fire Pioli" the next week, it will make a pretty bold statement.

I would not see a point in a third flight but, as AustinChief mentioned, at that point it needs to change to another avenue of exposure to give the media the opportunity to mention the ChiefsPlanet goons have called an Omaha and are now running a billboard straight up Pioli's ass.

I have no idea who this cat is but, I like the way he thinks. :D

Simply Red
I hope Cassel 'plays mad' just like LJ - only catches a Ray Lewis clothesline.

bowener
There is no way this team is beating the Ravens.

None.

They might grab their balls and compete for a half but the Ravens have an elite passing attack to go with their nasty ass D now.

This might be the best team we play all year. Ray Lewis won't let that team lose to a dogshit club like the Chiefs.

Also, B-More is #3 in YPC allowed. LOL

GO KASL IT'S ALL ON YOU BUD

I have both Bolden and T. Smith on my fantasy team. Hopefully they score 50+ for me a 2nd week in a row. If any of you have Pitta, he will probably have a career day against Berry... if he plays like last week.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 08:44 PM
A full, incredibly thorough explanation of the case against Cassel (complete w/ statistics) can be found in The Declaration of Independence, MO. The People v Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel

LOL.

Who fucking posted this to Reddit?

I love you guys. GIVE ME A GREAT BIG HUG AND KISS!

Fish
10-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Office workers! Who else wants to volunteer?

Grab a stack of (preferably) red or yellow Post-It notes from the cabinet.

Write, or use a customizable stamp or print, on each Post-It, the mission statement and/or saveourchiefs website(If the website owners would like the address included of course). Keep the stack intact for easy transport.

Post said notes at various locations at or around Arrowhead. Being very careful not to violate any obvious laws or Chiefs rules or regulations. Which should probably be checked beforehand just in case.

Considerate enough not to amass trash. Visible enough to convey the message to a large audience in a creative way.

:arrow:

Coach
10-02-2012, 08:45 PM
You could always do something like print out hard evidence propaganda leaflets and leave them on their wipers. Psychological warfare.

FAX
10-02-2012, 08:47 PM
A second/follow-up banner flight is a good idea. So far as the message is concerned, you want to keep it consistent, but freshen it up a tad.

At that point, I am in total agreement with those who advocate escalation. Star ads, billboards, candy wrapper protests, brown bag day at Arrowhead ... all good ideas.

¡Viva la Revolución!

FAX

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 08:47 PM

Write, or use a customizable stamp or print, on each Post-It, the mission statement and/or saveourchiefs website(If the website owners would like the address included of course). Keep the stack intact for easy transport.

Post said notes at various locations at or around Arrowhead. Being very careful not to violate any obvious laws or Chiefs rules or regulations. Which should probably be checked beforehand just in case.

Considerate enough not to amass trash. Visible enough to convey the message to a large audience in a creative way.

Just tag everyone's windshield with them. Arrowhead violations no longer a factor.

ghak99
10-02-2012, 08:48 PM

If you expect me to continue picturing you as Chipper when reading your posts, I'm going to need you to at least dress in Atlanta Braves gear.

Fish
10-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Just tag everyone's windshield with them. Arrowhead violations no longer a factor.

No, I really don't think we should be anything close to agressive or annoying with it. Post at random intriguing locations. But don't violate anybody with them.

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 08:52 PM
No, I really don't think we should be anything close to agressive or annoying with it. Post at random intriguing locations. But don't violate anybody with them.

Posting them inside Arrowhead is not aggressive?

bowener
10-02-2012, 08:54 PM

You should go buy a few hundred sticker sheets or whatever they are called (the one that people use to preprint their addresses on to stick on envelopes), type out the website, then stick them all over arrowhead. Just saves you a lot of time.

edit:

Capone, when you get ready for the 2nd banner, can you post your ideas as a poll and let us vote on the best idea?

Fish
10-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Posting them inside Arrowhead is not aggressive?

I never said to post them inside Arrowhead.

teedubya
10-02-2012, 09:12 PM

I'm not sure the timing, actually. They had a 15 minute call with me last night... I gave them PR's number... and they called him. From there, I'm not sure.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Alright, so Capone is interviewing with the local news and has asked me to compile a few failstats for him...I already have a few things in mind: Pioli era vs playoff teams, blowouts, draft failures, etc...any more ideas?

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 09:15 PM
I never said to post them inside Arrowhead.

Technically no, you did not. But "at Arrowhead" is kind of left up to interpretation. Whatever, my mistake. Still on the property, still aggressive.

Dylan
10-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Traditionally, the best possible way of communicating with national media outlets such as the Associated Press is through the airline company.

Most news releases are the media’s contact information. Has this been discussed?

This is the perfect "human interest" story.

Good Luck!

Chief Roundup
10-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Uh...

DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
Sun 9/27 @BAL L 3-34 6 8 34 75.0 4.25 12 0 1 1.8 42.7 2 9 4.5 7 0

Mon 11/16 vs BAL L 0-16 13 31 99 41.9 3.19 30 0 2 2.0 23.5 2 1 0.5 2 0

I didn't say Quinn was good just that he might have an advantage over Cassel because of experience.

That would imply RAC would know them very well and have a great plan in place as well.

Expecting that to happen?

No not really. Just saying they should.

Chief Roundup
10-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Alright, so Capone is interviewing with the local news and has asked me to compile a few failstats for him...I already have a few things in mind: Pioli era vs playoff teams, blowouts, draft failures, etc...any more ideas?

Just start picking the worst from your Declaration. It is all very daming to Cassel's performance.

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Ok... I have updated the OP with PAID markers on everyone I could find a name on. There are a few donations that I still don't know where they came from so I will update when I hear back from them.

Also, checking my email.... Sam Mellinger wants to have a chat with me.

I never dreamed I would become a media darling over this. LOL

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Capone, when you get ready for the 2nd banner, can you post your ideas as a poll and let us vote on the best idea?

It is a toss up. If the guy has to create a banner, the price goes up because he has to make a whole new banner. Do we save a bit of dough or do we create a new message?

I'm willing to hear out ideas.

TRR
10-02-2012, 09:52 PM
It is a toss up. If the guy has to create a banner, the price goes up because he has to make a whole new banner. Do we save a bit of dough or do we create a new message?

Rep coming your way of the positive kind. Please post pictures of this if you/someone can grab some at the game. Hope this becomes a big story, and creates some positive shock waves.

DaFace
10-02-2012, 09:53 PM

I'd say just play it by ear. You never know what will happen Sunday that might change your thinking entirely.

EPodolak
10-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Can't wait to see this banner flying up on Youtube next week.

(I''ll pitch in on the unmanned drone if this plan requires further escalation.)

hometeam
10-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm certain there will be pics of this. I would think that some of the local media would send an intern down with a camera for a blurb on the sports news as well. Any video of upcoming interviews or of the banner should make way into this thread~

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I never dreamed I would become a media darling over this. LOL

You are my darling. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/cloud9.gif