PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

penguinz
09-15-2021, 12:04 PM
The CEH passing plays at 1:55 and 10:24 are excellent. I would like to see more of this.

https://youtu.be/4g2R-kn_-0c

Not really. Last years version of Bell would have done the same if not more with those.

saphojunkie
09-15-2021, 12:06 PM
Everybody plays well in space.

Fuck you I present Demarcus Robinson as exhibit A.

dirk digler
09-15-2021, 12:10 PM
It seems the last few years our screen game to the RB has gone to shit is that because teams don't fear our run game so it is not very effective?

ModSocks
Not really. Last years version of Bell would have done the same if not more with those.

Eh.

Too far, too far.

saphojunkie

wut

Dunerdr
09-15-2021, 12:16 PM
As DJ pointed out though, McKinnon could do that and gain alot more yards. He could probably house a couple as well.

I've been a big Clyde defender, but i have always liked McKinnons game. I thought that at least a few times last week.

R Clark
09-15-2021, 12:25 PM
I've been a big Clyde defender, but i have always liked McKinnons game. I thought that at least a few times last week.

I would have like to see him get some touches, I think he could be damn productive in this offense

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-15-2021, 12:33 PM

Please read your own post before pressing ENTER

mililo4cpa
09-15-2021, 01:04 PM
In watching the game again, I thought CEH had a pretty decent 2nd half, and I think some of those runs did bring the safeties up several steps.

Overall….probably just OK, and not what you want from a 1st round pick, but it’s opening day, so willing to get deeper into the season before getting too critical.

dirk digler
09-15-2021, 01:07 PM

Yeah I thought he would get some touches especially in the passing game out of the backfield. I don't remember him playing much but could be wrong.

Dunerdr
09-15-2021, 01:10 PM
Yeah I thought he would get some touches especially in the passing game out of the backfield. I don't remember him playing much but could be wrong.

I remember seeing him once for sure when he motioned out wide. Theyre probably trying to establish Clyde and get his confidence and continuity in the offense. But man some of that first half was brutal. He did look a little better in the second.

O.city
09-15-2021, 01:51 PM
Can someone explain to me the problem with throwing the ball to HIll and Kelce as much as they do?

I mean, obviously, it works.

ModSocks
09-15-2021, 01:59 PM
Can someone explain to me the problem with throwing the ball to HIll and Kelce as much as they do?

It's more about the fear that the good defenses could double them both and force Mahomes to throw to himself, since no one else can win 1v1 consistently.

And honestly, the only team that i could see actually pulling that off is the Patriots.

Dunerdr
09-15-2021, 01:59 PM

I dont think its a problem, i think most bitches are that CEH is not optimizing his opportunities.

KChiefs1
09-15-2021, 02:01 PM
CEH is skating on thin ice.

staylor is now his biggest supporter.
He’s doomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief Pagan
09-15-2021, 02:23 PM

It would be nice to have a third option already operating smoothly before Hill or Kelce happened to miss some time.

And the smoother and quicker the offense works, it probably means fewer hits on Mahomes.

-King-
09-15-2021, 02:24 PM

I mean, players break down with use. You want them to be able to catch their breath or be able to run some plays at 75-80% without the offense having trouble. Right now they basically have to be in every play and run basically every play full out because there's no one that can reliably help them get breaks. Also if any of them have to miss time, we need a player who can step in and have Pat be able to count on them. It's hard to do that if they have no chemistry with Pat.

Pitt Gorilla
09-15-2021, 02:33 PM
I mean, players break down with use. You want them to be able to catch their breath or be able to run some plays at 75-80% without the offense having trouble. Right now they basically have to be in every play and run basically every play full out because there's no one that can reliably help them get breaks. Also if any of them have to miss time, we need a player who can step in and have Pat be able to count on them. It's hard to do that if they have no chemistry with Pat.

The obvious issue, though, is that Pat isn't going to simply take a sack if Hill or Kelce is open and nobody else is. The tangential issue is that Hill and Kelce are always open, due to how good they are and scheme.

O.city
09-15-2021, 02:43 PM

Ok, just so we're on the same page though, if one of the first ballot HOF'ers get hurt, our offense will get worse.

They've got Mahomes and Andy. They can figure it out if one of them go down.

But I don't understand why we want to throw it elsewhere when those two always seem to be open. It's been that way for 3 years now. Are defenses gonna figure this out?

It's almost like players of that caliber, with a coach of Andy's caliber manipulating the defense and a QB liek Mahomes throwing them the ball are gonna just get open and it doesn't matter what anyone does.

O.city
09-15-2021, 02:44 PM
It's more about the fear that the good defenses could double them both and force Mahomes to throw to himself, since no one else can win 1v1 consistently.

And honestly, the only team that i could see actually pulling that off is the Patriots.

Maybe.

But we've seen them go against the best defenses in the league and do what they do.

I don't really think it's something ot worry about.

Gary Cooper
09-15-2021, 03:13 PM

If KC can run the ball, teams won't easily double Hill and Kelce. Doubling both works if the Chiefs can't run and the OL can't block four pass rushers on passing plays.

Bl00dyBizkitz
09-15-2021, 03:17 PM
Ok, just so we're on the same page though, if one of the first ballot HOF'ers get hurt, our offense will get worse.

But I don't understand why we want to throw it elsewhere when those two always seem to be open. It's been that way for 3 years now. Are defenses gonna figure this out?

It's almost like players of that caliber, with a coach of Andy's caliber manipulating the defense and a QB liek Mahomes throwing them the ball are gonna just get open and it doesn't matter what anyone does.

Its never a bad thing to have other threats to put ultimate pressure on the defense. Thats what it was like when Sammy was healthy.

Chiefspants
09-15-2021, 03:24 PM
Its never a bad thing to have other threats to put ultimate pressure on the defense. Thats what it was like when Sammy was healthy.

Damien, too, in the playoffs.

-King-
09-15-2021, 03:24 PM

Not really. As injured as he was, we still had Sammy Watkins the majority of games the past 3 years. How do you replace those 40-50 quality catches/plays?

Bump
09-15-2021, 04:50 PM
obviously with the power of hindsight Jonathon Taylor or Chase Claypool would have been much better picks. Oh well, can't always win in the draft.

Deberg_1990
09-15-2021, 04:59 PM
obviously with the power of hindsight Jonathon Taylor or Chase Claypool would have been much better picks. Oh well, can't always win in the draft.

Tee Higgins, D’Andre Swift maybe?

I’ll let it play out until at least the end of this year…..

Chief Pagan
09-15-2021, 06:14 PM

That's pretty much where I am at.

CEH probably won't live up to his draft spot, although we can still hope.

Nobody bats 100%.

Pitt Gorilla
09-15-2021, 06:32 PM

Absolutely. I think CEH is still a little banged up and playing behind a brand new line. If he's not there by the end of the season, folks will have reason to be disappointed.

Bump
09-15-2021, 07:36 PM

ya I'm not ready to write him off yet, once the o-line builds their chemistry maybe he can still pop off.

BryanBusby
09-15-2021, 08:00 PM
I know he looked bad against the Browns, but talk about a week 1 overreaction.

Kiimo
09-15-2021, 09:56 PM

Careful I got roasted for saying this two short weeks ago

TEX
09-15-2021, 10:03 PM

Taylor was my pick. So you just PISSED me off all over again. DAMMIT! :cuss:

smithandrew051
09-15-2021, 10:14 PM
Damien, too, in the playoffs.

How much money did we even save by cutting Damien? I’m thinking he was pretty cheap.

He’s clearly better than Darrell. That move never made sense to me.

Pitt Gorilla
09-15-2021, 10:27 PM

Agreed. If he's healthy, CEH is going to tear stuff up. Hell, even Pat is learning to deal with a 100% new line.

Demonpenz
09-15-2021, 11:47 PM
you need 3 yards he will get you 3 you need 5 yards he will get you 3

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-16-2021, 12:00 AM

Exactly, He had over 1100 scrimmage yards in 13 games last year. He'll go way past that this year.

penguinz
09-16-2021, 07:25 AM
you need 3 yards he will get you 3 you need 5 yards he will get you 3

He has a hole that the avg back will get you 12 yards and CEH will get you three yards.

ptlyon
09-16-2021, 07:28 AM

This, totally this. Jesus fucking tap dancing Christ. It's one week for God's sake.

Lzen
09-16-2021, 07:32 AM
I had the NFL Network rebroadcast of the game, and Clyde had several good plays.

He is going to grade out a lot better with his coaches than he apparently grades out with some folks here.

Yeah, I agree. While he did make some errors, they were few and far between. I thought he did decent for what was given. And he should only get better.

kepp
09-16-2021, 07:33 AM
How much money did we even save by cutting Damien? I’m thinking he was pretty cheap.

He’s clearly better than Darrell. That move never made sense to me.

I was scratching my head at that as well. Every once in a while Darrell rips off a nice play, but Damien was $$ at the right times :shrug:

Lzen
09-16-2021, 07:34 AM
Agreed. He does play well in space. And Andy seemed reluctant to screen which is where I think CEH will do some damage. Maybe he's waiting for the OL to gel. I'm optimistic but maybe these games will be lessons for him to see the field better.

I thought they ran one screen against Cleveland and it got blown up. Or am I not remembering correctly?

Lzen
09-16-2021, 07:41 AM
His blocking on the Mahomes TD run was awful. Total miss. Missed open holes as well.

I like him but he needs some work but doesn't get handoffs much.

When he got to the line, Fortson had the block on that defender. Now, it appeared to be a block and release but either way, that didn't appear to be CEH's assignment. He was looking for a LBer or DB to block. By the time he realized the defender Fortson was blocking was getting loose, it was too late.

Chiefspants
09-16-2021, 07:47 AM
I was scratching my head at that as well. Every once in a while Darrell rips off a nice play, but Damien was $$ at the right times :shrug:

Trust is a big thing with Andy. They were very vocal that they didn't feel Damien took his rehab seriously in 2019 and could have returned much earlier than he did. He, in my opinion, was our offenses' X-factor in the postseason (even over Watkins) simply because defenses simply had no resources for him by trying to blanket Reek and Kelce and Damien truly made it count (did in 2018, too). His blocking out of the backfield was also clutch in January.

It wouldn't surprise me if after 2020, they wanted guys they could fully trust would suit up each Sunday. It's clear they value his skillset, though - as McKinnon basically has his exact skillset (injury history, too).

BleedingRed
09-16-2021, 07:50 AM
I think Clyde will bounce back, but man what I would give for a Jamaal Charles right now

Lzen
09-16-2021, 07:50 AM

RB approaching 30, oft injured during the season.....hmmmmmmmm.....wonder why.

ptlyon
09-16-2021, 07:58 AM
I think Clyde will bounce back, but man what I would give for a Jamaal Charles right now

Better wish for the line he had too then

Red Dawg
09-16-2021, 08:06 AM

No shit. JC was the effing man.

-King-
09-16-2021, 08:06 AM

Wut?

ptlyon
09-16-2021, 08:10 AM
Wut?

NM - wrong RB.

Either way, Charles is dead to me after that fumble in the closing seconds of that Denver game. That would've been 12 straight.

Great Expectations
09-16-2021, 08:51 AM
If McKinnon had the same touches as CEH last week he gets 30 more yards.

Chris Meck
09-16-2021, 08:59 AM

wha?

No man.

JC was one of the very few RB's I ever saw who could make something out of nothing and that's a good thing, because he usually had nothing to work with.
Those lines were terrible other than Hudson.

ChiTown
09-16-2021, 09:52 AM
I'm good with Clyde. He certainly has some intangibles that play well in this O. He needs to play better than he did last week, and I think he'll absolutely get there.

However, I have never been really comfortable with drafting RB's in the 1st Rd...or with your first pick. Given who we have throwing the ball, selfishly, I'm in the "let's get more WR Toys for Pat" mode. Tee Higgins at #32 in the 2020 Draft sure would have looked SOLID in Red & Gold.....

saphojunkie
09-16-2021, 01:39 PM
This is pathetic overreaction

Chris Meck
09-16-2021, 01:43 PM
I have a strong feeling that Clyde is going to make a lot of these posters look foolish by season's end.

Dunerdr
09-16-2021, 01:51 PM
I have a strong feeling that Clyde is going to make a lot of these posters look foolish by season's end.

No doubt in my mind that he will.

Otter
09-16-2021, 01:52 PM
I'm not taking game 1 too seriously but I think swing passes going to help him out. Especially in Reid's offense.

Patience grasshoppers.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2021, 02:16 PM

I don’t know about foolish.

He’s better than he was against the Browns. But I don’t think he’s ever going to ‘special’

He’s a decent back.

KChiefs1
09-16-2021, 02:30 PM
Exactly, He had over 1100 scrimmage yards in 13 games last year. He'll go way past that this year.

3 yards at a time.

smithandrew051
09-16-2021, 02:54 PM
wha?

No man.

JC was one of the very few RB's I ever saw who could make something out of nothing and that's a good thing, because he usually had nothing to work with.
Those lines were terrible other than Hudson.

Plus, NOBODY respected our downfield passing game, because it didn’t exist.

Teams loaded the box all the time against us. It’s amazing how efficient Jamaal was, even in the short passing game. Every team knew to watch 25, but it didn’t matter.

Best RB in Chiefs history. He would’ve gone over 2K with Priest’s line. He’d average like 7 yards a carry with Mahomes/Kelce/Hill.

KChiefs1
09-17-2021, 08:30 AM
https://youtu.be/IEwHu7nPJiw

penguinz
09-17-2021, 08:36 AM
Exactly, All the posters that think he is going to be well above avg.

louie aguiar
09-17-2021, 08:38 AM
I don’t know about foolish.

He’s better than he was against the Browns. But I don’t think he’s ever going to ‘special’

He’s a decent back.

This is where I'm at. I think his ceiling is an average-ish starting running back in the NFL. Which is fine if he was a 4th or 5th round pick.

We've been spoiled by running backs in KC. We went from Priest to LJ to Jamaal to Kareem.

louie aguiar
09-19-2021, 09:19 PM
Welp

The Franchise
09-19-2021, 09:20 PM
Waste of a 1st round pick.

louie aguiar
09-19-2021, 09:21 PM
I can’t think of a single thing he does particularly well. Undrafted tyson Williams outperformed him tonight.

-King-
09-19-2021, 09:23 PM
He's a BAD running back. The worst we've had in more than 2 decades. And he's the one we invested the most in

stumppy
I've had a gut full of this little motherfucker

SupDock
He was in between the tackles and a tickle dislodged that ball. It’s not like he was even hit hard.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 09:24 PM
Fuck him he lost a game mixed with not being explosive and being slow, great fucking pick.

stumppy
They have to see it, he ain't worth a shit. FUCK

Sassy Squatch
Sure picked the best time to do that.

notorious
I don't even think he's JAG.

Iconic
Literally **** this first round reach of a pick with an anti-freeze doused cactus that has the next strain of COVID on it

Darwin was a 6th rounder and arguably just as serviceable bitch

Red Dawg
09-19-2021, 09:25 PM
Why the hell did we draft an RB in round one?

Mecca
I don't even think he's JAG.

There's just no natural talent, no burst, no gear. How is this a 1?

kc rush
Wasted pick

carcosa
Cut his ass

Bump
this guy was a bad pick. Just bench him, cut your losses.

Is Gore still on the practice squad? Bring him up. Give McKinnon a chance for goodness sakes.

SupDock
The ball was hardly even touched. How the fuck do you fumble there. The only thing you need to do is hold onto the fucking ball.

TEX
09-19-2021, 09:26 PM
I can’t think of a single thing he does particularly well. Undrafted tyson Williams outperformed him tonight.

He fumbled at the worst time quite well. Glad I called him a BUST before the game. He proved it.

kcpasco
Fuck him

Wisconsin_Chief
Literal trash. How the hell did Veach miss so badly on this one?

TEX
The ball was hardly even touched. How the **** do you fumble there. The only thing you need to do is hold onto the ****ing ball.
Yep. He's good at just slamming into the line and falling down, he should have just done that.

Bump
09-19-2021, 09:27 PM
just don't be like "oh we spent a 1st round pick on him, gonna ride that train no matter what"

cut your losses, the dude is too small and too slow and doesn't break tackles and fumbles in game winning drives.

Trying to make it happen for him cost us the game, handing it off to him every 1st down killed drives.

DrRyan
Can we start a Gruden-esque count down until cut clock? Literally no chance he is on the roster unless he is a high pick.

TEX

Like I've been saying since we drafted him, too small and too slow for the nfl.

-King-

Is Gore still on the practice squad? Bring him up. Give McKinnon a chance for goodness sakes.

McKinnon has 0 carries in 2 games. What the fuck?!?! Someone make that make sense to me

Iconic
09-19-2021, 09:28 PM

I like Veach but yeah... RBs have no place being picked in the first round

Redbled
09-19-2021, 09:28 PM
No idea why McKinnon isn't getting touches. I'd like to see Gore get a shot. CEH offers nothing and then offers this.......

KCUnited
09-19-2021, 09:29 PM
Seriously thought quicksand was some made up phenomenon from my childhood until seeing CEH tote the rock tonight.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 09:30 PM
The other teams QB has better RB instincts.

KCUnited
Trade back out of every first round please.

DTVietnam
horrid ending but this game is on the D...

chiefzilla1501
09-19-2021, 09:31 PM
I try not to overreact with players.

But my God he shat the bed. First by not doing jackshit when the ravens were daring us to run. Then not putting two damn hands on the ball.

I don't care where he was picked in the draft. Give gore a shot until CEH gets his head out of his ass and can actually see a running lane for a change.

TEX
09-19-2021, 09:31 PM

Exactly the case. Don't double down on that bad pick, by trying to prove he's something other than a bad pick. Too small and too slow and no vision
Great college back, but even then he was on one of the best college teams in history. He's a liability in the NFL.

ThyKingdomCome15
09-19-2021, 09:32 PM
If Bell goes on IR I'd call up Gore.

kcpasco
09-19-2021, 09:33 PM
Done with this turd. He’s just ok at times and sucks the majority of the time.

TwistedChief
09-19-2021, 09:34 PM
I don't get it. He was supposed to be this big threat out of the backfield in our passing game. He's been absolutely none of that. The guy gets some looks in the flat but isn't being schemed to do anything special. And then he has completely lacked vision on so many of his runs and essentially just lost us a game.

I'm perplexed how a team with a passing offense as good as ours can't have a RB that feasts when teams are clearly gearing up to stop the pass.

You need JAG-minus player running the ball for that to make sense, no?

Mecca
09-19-2021, 09:34 PM
This is why you don't take RBs that lack explosion with high picks.

He looks no better than UDFAs.

Papi
09-19-2021, 09:35 PM
Should be 3rd string on the depth chart after last week. I miss Damien Williams.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 09:35 PM
I don't get it. He was supposed to be this big threat out of the backfield in our passing game. He's been absolutely none of that. The guy gets some looks in the flat but isn't being schemed to do anything special. And then he has completely lacked vision on so many of his runs and essentially just lost us a game.

I'm perplexed how a team with a passing offense as good as ours can't have a RB that feasts when teams are clearly gearing up to stop the pass.

They won't even play him in pass downs because they don't trust him to pick up blitzers.

notorious
09-19-2021, 09:36 PM
3.2 yards a carry.

There are holes everywhere.

Fuck this guy.

Oh Snap
09-19-2021, 09:36 PM
Just logged on to say FUCK Clyde and fuck the horse he rode in on. You can't fumble the ball on the game winning drive. That is 100% on him. Hopefully Reid runs his legs off for costing us the game when it mattered.

The defense is a clusterfuck...fuck them too. But this game is in the bag if that piece of shit from LSU keeps both hands on the ball. Cut his ass.

notorious
09-19-2021, 09:38 PM
Darrell Williams is the better option.

Someone disagreed with me in the game thread. I wonder what he thinks now.

Chiefspants
09-19-2021, 09:38 PM
This is why you don't take RBs that lack explosion with high picks.

He looks no better than UDFAs.

He looks worse

mr. tegu
09-19-2021, 09:39 PM
All of his playing time now was earned in college. He has earned nothing at this level.

-King-
09-19-2021, 09:39 PM
The other teams QB has better RB instincts.

The other teams QB is the best RB in the league tbf.

notorious
09-19-2021, 09:40 PM
If the Chiefs cut him tomorrow, does a team pick him up?

He's shown very little.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 09:40 PM
A 1st round RB in his second year and he literally looks like one of the most untalented players in the league.

-King-
09-19-2021, 09:41 PM
3.2 yards a carry.

Fuck this guy.

The O-line was perfect all around today. Great at run blocking last week. And he rewards them with that. Pitiful.

chiefzilla1501

Yeah it's perplexing two ways. Perplexing that hrs just not a good runner so far. Also perplexing that the best in the game at screens doesn't use him in the passing game.

dlphg9
In before Staylor screams at everyone.

But yeah he isn't good. Pisses me off that Darwin never got a fucking shot. Pisses me off that we drafted him with a first and then you fucking idiots down voted my post into oblivion over it. So fuck you all too.

notorious
09-19-2021, 09:42 PM
The O-line was perfect all around today. Great at run blocking last week. And he rewards them with that. Pitiful.

He never looks left.

It's happened time and time again where there is a MASSIVE hole a half step left and he runs right and piles into the back of the line.

FUCK!!!!!

Bump
the sad thing is Butker probably could have hit a field goal from where he fumbled

notorious
Yeah it's perplexing two ways. Perplexing that hrs just not a good runner so far. Also perplexing that the best in the game at screens doesn't use him in the passing game.

Chiefs haven't used screens in years.

Andy has moved on.

Easy 6
09-19-2021, 09:43 PM
3.2 yards a carry.

Fuck this guy.

Sad, we’re done here Mr Helarious

notorious
09-19-2021, 09:43 PM
the sad thing is Butker probably could have hit a field goal from where he fumbled

Easily.

It was simply a time-killer run.

Prison Bitch
09-19-2021, 09:44 PM
Darrell Williams is the better option.

Someone disagreed with me in the game thread. I wonder what he thinks now.

3 carries for -2 yards?

chiefzilla1501
09-19-2021, 09:45 PM
He never looks left.

It's happened time and time again where there is a MASSIVE hole a half step left and he runs right and piles into the back of the line.

****!!!!!

Amazing how a guy who seems to just barrel into a running lane instead of waiting for it is also too damn slow to hit the hole. But that seems to be what we have right now.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 09:46 PM
Amazing how a guy who seems to just barrel into a running lane instead of waiting for it is also too damn slow to hit the hole. But that seems to be what we have right now.

And he'll keep playing because of where he was picked.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-19-2021, 09:46 PM
Blame the call that put him in position to fumble instead of letting 15 slice and dice to a chip shot. But yeah another unimpressive game...

Spott
09-19-2021, 09:47 PM
This is what Paul Palmer was like, just with a much better team.

SupDock
09-19-2021, 09:47 PM
Blame the call that put him in position to fumble instead of letting 15 slice and dice to a chip shot. But yeah another unimpressive game...

The ball was fucking tickled out. Absolutely inexcusable. You can’t blame Reid for that. It was a stupid call though.

Tribal Warfare
09-19-2021, 09:48 PM
It's official outside of size CEH is nowhere near the Darren Sproles and MJD comparisons. He's average, and becomes careless at the worst time.

notorious
This is what Paul Palmer was like, just with a much better team.

Do you think I started that thread by chance? ;)

suzzer99
And he'll keep playing because of where he was picked.

Yeah we've got at least this year and next of trying to make him work before we give up on him. If he doesn't improve we are completely fucked.

louie aguiar
09-19-2021, 09:49 PM
Stupid ass pick.

Have to give you credit. You called it right after the pick. Personally, I loved the pick when it happened. I still don’t get it. He doesn’t look like the same back I saw play at LSU.

New World Order
09-19-2021, 09:49 PM
It's official outside of size CEH is nowhere near the Darren Sproles and MJD comparisons. He's average, and becomes careless at the worst time.

He has no burst to turn 5 yard gains into 12 yard gains. 10 yard gains into house calls.

He’s just…too slow

Mecca
09-19-2021, 09:50 PM
CEH=Rashad Penny.

New World Order
09-19-2021, 09:51 PM
CEH=Rashad Penny.

Does penny have some speed? Maybe we could deal a 6th for him

notorious
Not blaming Reid. Not fumbling a ball is the most basic function a RB has to execute.

chiefzilla1501
The hardest pill to swallow is that as bad as CEH played we were still set up to win. How does he not have the situational awareness to put two hands on the ball. That's not playing bad. That's playing stupid.

dannybcaitlyn
The guy hasn’t looked the same after coming off that injury last year.

notorious
09-19-2021, 09:52 PM
Yeah we've got at least this year and next of trying to make him work before we give up on him. If he doesn't improve we are completely ****ed.

He isn't good at anything.

He doesn't pass the "eye" test.

SupDock
Not blaming Reid. Not fumbling a ball is the most basic function a RB has to execute.

I know I keep repeating myself, BUT HE WAS NOT EVEN HIT HARD.

How can you be that careless with the ball between the tackles in that situation.

KChiefs1
I don’t want to hear about how great Veach is after wasting a first round pick on this turd.

RealSNR
09-19-2021, 09:53 PM
I told everybody to just wait it out on Clyde and give him a chance, because it's not always the case that your RB is going to be great from day one and sometimes even they need time to develop.

Maybe he'll still get better. Maybe he'll figure it out. But we're going to have to find out later, because we can't be fucking around waiting for this asshole to learn how to put two and two together when we're trying to fucking win another Super Bowl. We have other players like that on this team, but there's a special place where those guys go. It's called the bench.

So hand it off to Darrell. Or McKinnon. Fuck, hand it off to fucking Michael Burton for all I care. But let Clyde figure his shit out for awhile and get himself straight and don't put him on the fucking field until he's ready.

And if that doesn't happen, then pull the plug and move the fuck on just like we did with Hunt.

RealSNR
09-19-2021, 09:53 PM
I don’t want to hear about how great Veach is after wasting a first round pick on this turd.

Do you think Veach wasted a 3rd round pick on Lucas Niang, though?

Spott
09-19-2021, 09:54 PM
Do you think I started that thread by chance? ;)

Short, quick, and no vision. Neither should have been drafted anywhere near the first round.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 09:54 PM

He's kinda missed on alot of picks...

Sorensen plays over Thornhill, CEH blows, Hardman is an athlete more than a football player...

TEX
09-19-2021, 09:55 PM

Sorensen plays over Thornhill, CEH blows, Hardman is an athlete more than a football player...

Speaks...

Chiefsbroker
09-19-2021, 09:55 PM
Can we take a shot at Todd Gurley?

louie aguiar
09-19-2021, 09:56 PM

Don’t forget about the shitty Khalen Saunders pick

notorious
Speaks...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/JUqDmlinVvQ1W/giphy.gif

Mecca
Speaks...

That whole draft was ass except Nnadi.

Bwana
Yep, I would call him a bust at this point. Slow, no vision and now he drops the rock. Bring up Gore.

TEX
09-19-2021, 09:57 PM
I told everybody to just wait it out on Clyde and give him a chance, because it's not always the case that your RB is going to be great from day one and sometimes even they need time to develop.

Maybe he'll still get better. Maybe he'll figure it out. But we're going to have to find out later, because we can't be ****ing around waiting for this asshole to learn how to put two and two together when we're trying to ****ing win another Super Bowl. We have other players like that on this team, but there's a special place where those guys go. It's called the bench.

So hand it off to Darrell. Or McKinnon. ****, hand it off to ****ing Michael Burton for all I care. But let Clyde figure his shit out for awhile and get himself straight and don't put him on the ****ing field until he's ready.

And if that doesn't happen, then pull the plug and move the **** on just like we did with Hunt.

You just had to bring up Hunt. :banghead:

comochiefsfan

Sorensen plays over Thornhill, CEH blows, Hardman is an athlete more than a football player...I generally like Veach.

BUT.....he's been getting the lion's share of the credit for a team whose core was built by John Dorsey.

Once Kelce and Hill are gone, we're really going to see what Veach is made of.

suzzer99
He has no burst to turn 5 yard gains into 12 yard gains. 10 yard gains into house calls.

He’s just…too slow

He looks a step slower than last year. I wonder if that nasty groin injury at the end of the year messed him up.

suzzer99
09-19-2021, 09:58 PM
Don’t forget about the shitty Khalen Saunders pick

Saunders looks pretty good out there this year.

Deberg_1990
09-19-2021, 09:59 PM
He looks a step slower than last year. I wonder if that nasty groin injury at the end of the year messed him up.

Kind of what I’m wondering as well. He looked faster last year before he got hurt.

ARROW2
09-19-2021, 10:00 PM

hasn't been the same but fuck him, he has to go or benched. Keep the ball in 15's hands at crunch time........I was just telling somebody that on the phone three drives ago. NO MORE HANDOFFS TO CLYDESDALE!!!

suzzer99
Maybe they can put him on the IR and bring up Gore.

Mecca

If he's being bothered by a groin injury from 8 months ago he probably should have seen a specialist in the off-season.

Buehler445

Especially in that situation. If it's a 3rd or 4th down and they have to have it, that's one thing. This is purely a time waster. HOLD ONTO THE FUCKING BALL GOD FUCKING DAMN IT YOU FUCKING FUCK.

RealSNR
Are some of you seriously shitting on Veach now?

Who's the best GM in the NFL? Pick a guy. Then look at his draft record. You'll probably find some glaring draft whiffs on that resume.

That's EVERY GM.

suzzer99
If he's being bothered by a groin injury from 8 months ago he probably should have seen a specialist in the off-season.

Maybe it healed but somehow in a way that slows him down.

Gary Cooper
09-19-2021, 10:01 PM
I never thought I'd miss this man.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3603482895/1439cb95eab2e7b850a06d9ca828402e_400x400.png

Mecca
09-19-2021, 10:01 PM
I generally like Veach.

BUT.....he's been getting the lion's share of the credit for a team whose core was built by John Dorsey.

His best moves is spending money on vets.

Sassy Squatch
09-19-2021, 10:02 PM
The price of keeping Mahomes happy, I suppose.

chiefzilla1501
09-19-2021, 10:03 PM

So was his other arm cupping his balls? Is that why he chose not to get that second arm in to protect the ball?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-19-2021, 10:03 PM

Even without the fumble, letting up like that us beyond absurd. It's not like they were in the redzone setting up for a chip shot. They had a minute plus to make the kick an afterthought and were apparently slowing things down to set up to run again to kick a near 50 yarder. Absolutely absurd.

suzzer99
09-19-2021, 10:04 PM
Even without the fumble, letting up like that us beyond absurd. It's not like they were in the redzone setting up for a chip shot. They had a minute plus to make the kick an afterthought and were apparently slowing things down to set up to run again to kick a near 50 yarder. Absolutely absurd.

Totally this. Call a pass, if it's not there Mahomes will run for 3 yards and stay in bounds.

chiefzilla1501
09-19-2021, 10:04 PM
He is slow to hit the holes. But that's not the issue to me. Even last year he just barreled into holes. Priest holmes he is not.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 10:05 PM
Is he also blind in his left eye?

notorious
09-19-2021, 10:05 PM
Emmitt Smith with better lateral movement.

He is going to be a stud.

I didn’t know I could be this excited about a player.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3ornk6UHtk276vLtkY/200.gif

kjwood75nro
09-19-2021, 10:06 PM
The price of keeping Mahomes happy, I suppose.Gehrig Dieter.
Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Hell, bring in Brittany as an assistant.

Sassy Squatch
09-19-2021, 10:06 PM
LMAO

New World Order
09-19-2021, 10:07 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/3ornk6UHtk276vLtkY/200.gif

I was high on him too.

I take back what I said

Mecca
09-19-2021, 10:07 PM
Guess we shoulda taken Swift atleast he has burst.

Sassy Squatch
09-19-2021, 10:08 PM
General consensus was that this was a damn good pick besides the positional value, but all those traits just vanished. It's actually baffling.

New World Order
09-19-2021, 10:08 PM
Guess we shoulda taken Swift atleast he has burst.

Every other rb would have been better.

Dobbins, Taylor, Swift.

Prob forgetting one

smithandrew051
09-19-2021, 10:09 PM
Clyde Edwards-Helaire LSU career:

438 Touches
1 Fumble

After watching McCoy and even Damien fumble away 2 or 3 games last year, I’ll welcome this.

You fucking idiot.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 10:09 PM
General consensus was that this was a damn good pick besides the positional value, but all those traits just vanished. It's actually baffling.

He got some money and decided to be a pumpkin.

New World Order
09-19-2021, 10:10 PM
He’s going to be so good in this offense.

Booooo!!!!

notorious
I was high on him too.

I take back what I said

My level of stupidity in this thread is just as disappointing as CEH has been.

I'm JAP (Just a Poster), not a 1st round Chiefplanet Pick, though.

BigChiefFan
Edwards-Helaire just isn’t living up to his potential. I’ve been in his corner, but he really needs to up his game and start playing like a 1st round pick.

Deberg_1990
Every other rb would have been better.

Dobbins, Taylor, Swift.

Prob forgetting one

Antonio Gibson

smithandrew051
09-19-2021, 10:11 PM

Maybe he’s a method actor?

He probably figures that Mahomes will be in the football version of Space Jam eventually, so he’s planning to audition for the part of one of the players who gets his talents stolen by an alien.

Tribal Warfare

The hip & ankle sprain injury must've fucked him up

Mecca
Booooo!!!!

Then he got slow, lost his burst and became a non factor in the passing game.

New World Order
My level of stupidity in this thread is just as disappointing as CEH has been.

I watched him at LSU bounce off tacklers, made nice cuts, caught the ball in space and made nice plays. Figured he would be great in an Andy Reid offense.

Nope.

Munson
09-19-2021, 10:12 PM
He's playing like a washed up RB.

Hell, even Leveon Bell looked better than this last year, or McCoy from the year before.

RealSNR
09-19-2021, 10:14 PM
You CAN, apparently, just roll with only undrafted guys and do just fine.

If we had traded CEH for Ty'Son Williams on Monday we would have won this game.

louie aguiar
Are some of you seriously shitting on Veach now?

Who's the best GM in the NFL? Pick a guy. Then look at his draft record. You'll probably find some glaring draft whiffs on that resume.

That's EVERY GM.

I think he’s a fine gm but I think it’s fair criticism. This team’s best players are still John Dorsey players.

Mecca
https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1439792262662299649?s=09

notorious
We all know what NFL talent looks like.

Here's the ball.

Go make plays.

A certain poster is going to look very stupid after 2-3 years.

https://y.yarn.co/693a5c6d-96a1-41d1-8345-bb4d56af2019_text.gif

Mecca
09-19-2021, 10:15 PM

At that position you generally can do that...

srvy
09-19-2021, 10:15 PM
I generally like Veach.

Were all pissed at the loss but this is a bit ignorant.

srvy
09-19-2021, 10:18 PM

If he is still hurt set him down a let him get healthy. Relying on a rook and not resigning Damian was a huge mistake.

mr. tegu
09-19-2021, 10:19 PM
He is slow to hit the holes. But that's not the issue to me. Even last year he just barreled into holes. Priest holmes he is not.

Yeah this isn’t new. I know I was complaining about his lack of speed and vision last season.

wazu
Edwards-Helaire just isn’t living up to his potential. I’ve been in his corner, but he really needs to up his game and start playing like a 1st round pick.

This is where I am. Loved the pick, but it just seems like there are no big (positive) plays from this guy. Has he ever had a run of over 20 yards? Why don't they use him in the passing game? I have to assume it's because they don't think he's good at it, whereas I thought the deal with him was supposed to be that's where he shines the most.

SupDock
https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1439792262662299649?s=09

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patrick Mahomes when he sees Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the locker room <a href="https://t.co/rdAL24Wx1r">pic.twitter.com/rdAL24Wx1r</a></p>&mdash; NFL Memes (@NFL_Memes) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1439792262662299649?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

smithandrew051
09-19-2021, 10:20 PM
If he is still hurt set him down a let him get healthy. Relying on a rook and not resigning Damian was a huge mistake.

We didn’t need to re-sign Williams though. He was already under contract AND cheap. We chose to get rid of him.

mr. tegu
09-19-2021, 10:20 PM

Okay that just makes me sad.

srvy
09-19-2021, 10:26 PM
WE will face a lot better defense next week than the Ravens. Also a lot better QB we better forget this one. I gotta trust Spags will get this fucking defense in position and get off blocks to play better run D.

TEX
09-19-2021, 10:27 PM

He is who he is. A slow smurf RB who never should have been a 1st round pick.

TEX
09-19-2021, 10:28 PM
WE will face a lot better defense next week than the Ravens. Also a lot better QB we better forget this one. I gotta trust Spags will get this ****ing defense in position and get off blocks to play better run D.

I have zero confidence in that. Herbert and the Bolts are going to have a field day. The defense is terrible.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 10:29 PM
He is who he is. A slow smurf RB who never should have been a 1st round pick.

The next pick was Tee Higgins, couldn't use him eh?

smithandrew051
09-19-2021, 10:30 PM
The next pick was Tee Higgins, couldn't use him eh?

Or Chase Claypool.

Take either of them, and you can still grab Antonio Gibson over Gay.

notorious
09-19-2021, 10:31 PM
I have zero confidence in that. Herbert and the Bolts are going to have a field day. The defense is terrible.

We deserve a little humbling to be honest.

Mahomes covers up so many shit stains.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 10:31 PM
Or Chase Claypool.

Take either of them, and you can still grab Antonio Gibson over Gay.

You could still have Gay, you'd have gotten more out of a UDFA..

dirk digler
09-19-2021, 10:33 PM

Yep and I honestly had no doubt we could easily score a TD. Let Mahomes do his thing Andy

lcarus
09-19-2021, 10:34 PM
I hate to say it but Ubeja was right all along. I'm not just saying that because of the fumble. Several times so far this season he's looked slow. What looks like an 8-10 yard gain ends up a 4 yard gain because the linebacker beats him to the outside. He reminds me of Darren Sproles except Darren Sproles ran a 4.3. Clyde looks like he's running up the stairs in a Freddy Krueger nightmare.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nXo1AwbPj5Q" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sure-Oz
09-19-2021, 10:36 PM
He is who he is. A slow smurf RB who never should have been a 1st round pick.Hes definitely not improving this offense. Pretty sure Williams and McKinnon can atleast do the same.

Looks like an avg back so far

Mecca
I hate to say it but Ubeja was right all along. I'm not just saying that because of the fumble. Several times so far this season he's looked slow. What looks like an 8-10 yard gain ends up a 4 yard gain because the linebacker beats him to the outside. He reminds me of Darren Sproles except Darren Sproles ran a 4.3. Clyde looks like he's running up the stairs in a Freddy Krueger nightmare.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nXo1AwbPj5Q" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Charles lost us one like this..I can forgive that because he was dynamic and made plays..when you're CEH you don't get leeway cause you don't make plays.

smithandrew051

I called him “Caught from bEHind” in the GDT. It’s fitting.

New World Order
Mckinnon has some burst and he’s a good receiver. He should be our 1

ArrowHeader
09-19-2021, 10:37 PM
Fucking bum. Trade him

smithandrew051
09-19-2021, 10:37 PM
Charles lost us one like this..I can forgive that because he was dynamic and made plays..when you're CEH you don't get leeway cause you don't make plays.

Yup the Denver game in 2015. Started our losing streak that year before we won like 10 in a row.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 10:38 PM
It's pretty bad when my son who just finished 4 years of HS football is telling me his coach would beat his ass for running up guys asses and not seeing holes.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 10:38 PM
Fucking bum. Trade him

For what a ham sandwich?

Buehler445
09-19-2021, 10:42 PM
https://y.yarn.co/693a5c6d-96a1-41d1-8345-bb4d56af2019_text.gif

Yeah, thankfully I kept the homer on the DL. Most of my posts were a response to the Kareem Hunt pining that was going on. I had fought the fight in a thread earlier.

But yeah, I certainly didn't expect this.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 10:44 PM
I like how Mahomes told him not to let 1 play define him..

I would have said fuck you bitch you walking home now... slap!

BigRedChief
09-19-2021, 10:45 PM
I watched him at LSU bounce off tacklers, made nice cuts, caught the ball in space and made nice plays. Figured he would be great in an Andy Reid offense.

Nope.That was college, The size and speed are way different. How many times this season has he run into the back of a pile of lineman instead of bouncing to the side with lots of running room?

He's playing like a washed up RB.

Hell, even Leveon Bell looked better than this last year, or McCoy from the year before.I dont want to waste more BS runs on first down to get his confidence up.

smithandrew051
09-19-2021, 10:46 PM

Don’t worry Pat, we don’t need just 1 play to define CEH. We have plenty.

Tribal Warfare
09-19-2021, 10:47 PM

That worked out well for the Chiefs 2021 SB OL

New World Order
09-19-2021, 10:47 PM
Clyde letting the 3.2ypc define him

TEX
09-19-2021, 10:52 PM
Mckinnon has some burst and he’s a good receiver. He should be our 1

Made of glass...He did look better than CEH tonight. Though that's not very hard to do.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 11:06 PM
What teams would trade their RB situation vfor ours? There aren't many...

RealSNR
09-19-2021, 11:14 PM
For what a ham sandwich?

Do you think Minnesota will give us another CB?

louie aguiar
09-19-2021, 11:16 PM
What teams would trade their RB situation vfor ours? There aren't many...

The crazy thing is we probably have the shittiest group of running backs in football and we haven’t had injuries at the position.

Mecca
09-19-2021, 11:18 PM
The crazy thing is we probably have the shittiest group of running backs in football and we haven’t had injuries at the position.

Bunch of teams have a #2 better than our starter.

wazu
09-19-2021, 11:26 PM

On top of that, we cut a guy who was under a cheap contract and was a proven performer in this offense.

Rasputin
09-20-2021, 12:00 AM
CEH is still going have some great and impressive games for us so I'm not going be too down on the young RB. It sucks he fumbled but he doesn't put it on the turf all that much and he can still be a force to reckon with when he finds his groove behind this offensive line.

That carry with almost all of Ravens defense on his back for a first down was impressive just need more impressive runs out of him and he will be worth the pick. We got more concerns about our defense than our running game that will get going.

lcarus
09-20-2021, 12:02 AM
CEH is still going have some great and impressive games for us so I'm not going be too down on the young RB. It sucks he fumbled but he doesn't put it on the turf all that much and he can still be a force to reckon with when he finds his groove behind this offensive line.

That carry with almost all of Ravens defense on his back for a first down was impressive just need more impressive runs out of him and he will be worth the pick. We got more concerns about our defense than our running game that will get going.

It's definitely true. I'm way more concerned with the defense than Clyde or the run game or anything offensively related.

suzzer99
09-20-2021, 12:33 AM
Even on that last run it sure looked like he could have bounced it outside to the right, avoiding the pile and the defender who caused him to fumble.

But nope, he was just running straight up the wall of people instead.

royr17
09-20-2021, 01:25 AM
I like CEH one bad play shouldn't define the game. Defense lost this game. Yes crucial moment like that he should've had both hands on the ball. Mental mistake and you bet this will be something that he will be reminded bout. Oh well can't win em all. Bring on the Chargers. Oh yes BTW just cause I like CEH doesn't mean he was my pick with our first pick, I wanted Dobbins or Jonathan Taylor.

Bump
09-20-2021, 01:30 AM
I remember Kareem Hunts first game vs the Patriots. He fumbled and lost the fumble. He was seen on the sidelines shaking his head and had a look on his face like "fuck that, I'm gonna prove to everyone that I'm way better than that" and then had like 150 yards and dominated.

If CEH doesn't do that next week vs the Chargers, Stop Giving Him Carries.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-20-2021, 01:35 AM
CEH or Hellen Keller?

suzzer99
09-20-2021, 01:44 AM
I remember Kareem Hunts first game vs the Patriots. He fumbled and lost the fumble. He was seen on the sidelines shaking his head and had a look on his face like "**** that, I'm gonna prove to everyone that I'm way better than that" and then had like 150 yards and dominated.

If CEH doesn't do that next week vs the Chargers, Stop Giving Him Carries.

Kareem Hunt came back and did this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PEzqcvlKDxg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When CEH does something like this, everyone will get off his case.

mr. tegu
09-20-2021, 05:59 AM
The problem with being optimistic about CEH is that it’s pretty clear at this point he only gets what is readily available, sometimes even less, due to blocking and scheme and that’s basically it. So even with a good game here and there he is still going to have left more out there so a good game isn’t going to be a sign of improvement at all for me.

penguinz
09-20-2021, 06:03 AM
Kareem Hunt came back and did this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PEzqcvlKDxg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When CEH does something like this, everyone will get off his case.

He will never be anywhere near Kareem Hunt. He is what we are seeing.

penguinz
09-20-2021, 06:05 AM
CEH or Hellen Keller?

Keller would be less likely to run straight into a the only group of people in the way.

siberian khatru
09-20-2021, 06:07 AM
Didn’t CEH fumble late in the Bills regular season game last year, but thankfully his knee was down just a split second before the ball popped out?

Mahomes_Is_God
09-20-2021, 06:10 AM
Getting rid of Hunt was a ****ing HUGE mistake. One that will continually haunt us for ages. With him our offence was the perfect machine.

mr. tegu
09-20-2021, 06:11 AM
Didn’t CEH fumble late in the Bills regular season game last year, but thankfully his knee was down just a split second before the ball popped out?

That’s correct.

RealSNR
09-20-2021, 06:17 AM
The problem with being optimistic about CEH is that it’s pretty clear at this point he only gets what is readily available, sometimes even less, due to blocking and scheme and that’s basically it. So even with a good game here and there he is still going to have left more out there so a good game isn’t going to be a sign of improvement at all for me.

In any case, whether he's capable of improving or not, while it is important to create a culture where you trust your players, there needs to be a message sent.

Andy needs to drastically reduce Clyde's carries. Let him figure out and find those holes while on the bench.

Inexcusable shit like this needs to be met head on and dealt with. We're on a mission. Don't fuck up that mission for everybody else.

FlorentinePogen
09-20-2021, 06:36 AM
Even on that last run it sure looked like he could have bounced it outside to the right, avoiding the pile and the defender who caused him to fumble.

But nope, he was just running straight up the wall of people instead.

He's too slow and his strides are too short to bounce it outside. This a huge limitation in his game. His lack of speed really becomes apparent when you see him running diagonally towards the sideline.

Gotta move on from him, it's not going to get better.

ThaVirus
09-20-2021, 07:11 AM

Players play.

I don't love the call but Mahomes carving them up was probably precisely why Reid went to the run there. He'd seen our defense. He knew we needed to bleed the clock.

IIRC, it was 1st & 10 right around midfield with a little under 2 minutes left. Knowing we absolutely have to run clock, the whole playbook is open there.

That one was on CEH.

If I blame Reid for anything, it'd be continuing to trot CEH out there as the starter. He's completely ineffective.

BleedingRed
09-20-2021, 07:16 AM
Need to promote Gore, If anything hopefully it lights a fire under his ass.

Red Dawg
09-20-2021, 07:18 AM
Getting rid of Hunt was a ****ing HUGE mistake. One that will continually haunt us for ages. With him our offence was the perfect machine.

Yup.

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2021, 07:20 AM
He's too slow and his strides are too short to bounce it outside. This a huge limitation in his game. His lack of speed really becomes apparent when you see him running diagonally towards the sideline.

Gotta move on from him, it's not going to get better.

Yeah, at first I thought he was just missing the read to the outside. Now I'm wondering if he's just not capable of bursting to the outside. Because defenses are giving that to him many many times.

BleedingRed
09-20-2021, 07:21 AM
Letting D. Williams go was a mistake..... No clue why we did

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2021, 07:25 AM
I think Andy needs to bench CEH and claim injury. Call up Gore and lead with Darrel Williams. It gives CEH an excuse, gives him time to figure shit out, and it's possible he isn't playing at 100% which isn't helping. Hopefully gore shines and CEH has to fight his way into playing time.

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2021, 07:26 AM
Letting D. Williams go was a mistake..... No clue why we did

Agreed. He was pretty cheap. Although if gore is legit then its not a bad move.

PHOG
09-20-2021, 08:32 AM
Is it possible Reid sees CEH practicing against our run _efense and thinks he's a great running back? CEH or anybody for that matter can tear up our run _efense according to the last 2 games. :huh:

notorious
09-20-2021, 08:34 AM
Is it possible Reid sees CEH practicing against our run _efense and thinks he's a great running back? CEH or anybody for that matter can tear up our run _efense according to the last 2 games. :huh:

It’s possible. 3.2 would look like (groan) Emmitt Smith against our defense.

smithandrew051
09-20-2021, 08:40 AM

I get where you’re coming from, but Andy has been around football forever. He wouldn’t be fooled by fraudulent success in practice.

If CEH is playing ahead of McKinnon and Gore, then i wouldn’t be too enthusiastic about McKinnon and Gore.

BleedingRed
09-20-2021, 08:49 AM
Agreed. He was pretty cheap. Although if gore is legit then its not a bad move.

I really liked gore in PS... I want him promoted post haste!