PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18

Pitt Gorilla
10-19-2021, 11:02 PM
That's why Kareem was so ****ing awesome.

Mahomes, Hill and Kelce would beat you with finesse and then Hunt would come barreling through the middle and absolutely ****ing truck some poor linebacker.

God that Early 2018 offense was a thing of ****ing beauty.

Can't keep a guy like that, though. Gotta cut him loose to a rising conference rival, if you can.

CoMoChief
10-19-2021, 11:21 PM
Give this Gore kid a shot and just run the damn thing down their throats. Chiefs have a strong interior OL, one of best in the league even with 2 rookies. CEH can not run between the tackles. Gore and Williams can.

Redbled
10-20-2021, 12:00 AM
You dumbshits. Show me some GIFs of Clyde running like that this year.

He simply doesn’t look the same this year.

TEX
10-20-2021, 04:28 AM
Can't keep a guy like that, though. Gotta cut him loose to a rising conference rival, if you can.

Yes. And when you do, the cool part is all the OUTRAGE, for what he did, magically ceases and the narrative changes into the player is getting a 2nd chance to turn his life around.

Marcellus
10-20-2021, 08:09 AM
He forgot how to do anything remotely special on the field.

Running through cavernous lanes ain't impressive.

I just showed you several posts by YOU bragging about CEH breaking tackles and making multiple cuts LMAO

This is why nobody takes your football takes seriously, you are as fickle as a woman and will change your mind on a whim and then try to talk like you know what you are seeing.

I mean you were obviously either wrong before or wrong now right? Pretty easy to eventually be right when you just randomly switch back and forth on opinions given any 4 game stretch.

You need to stick to gifs and videos.

louie aguiar
10-20-2021, 08:46 AM
CEH had great vision and was a fantastic receiver.

I imagine the thinking was that he would be a dual-threat weapon in the KC offense.

The receiver part never took off because he never really has gotten better at pass pro. You don't get to get catches if you can't pass block as a RB well.

That said pre-draft, I thought it was

1.Swift
2.Taylor
3.Dobbins

4.CEH

I really liked CEH. But I don't get why they didn't like Swift or Taylor more.

I didn't see a single pre-draft ranking that had CEH as the top RB. It was a mistake, I hope Veach learns from it. That being said, I still think CEH can be an average-ish starting RB in the NFL. That has value but he gets (perhaps unfairly) criticized because he was taken in the first round and before more talented backs.

KChiefs1
10-21-2021, 12:40 AM
I didn't see a single pre-draft ranking that had CEH as the top RB. It was a mistake, I hope Veach learns from it. That being said, I still think CEH can be an average-ish starting RB in the NFL. That has value but he gets (perhaps unfairly) criticized because he was taken in the first round and before more talented backs.

The Chiefs could have DK Metcalf & Jonathan Taylor instead of Hardman & CEH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaid
10-21-2021, 07:56 AM
Got to call a spade a spade. He's just an extremely mediocre back we over drafted. Probably the biggest miss of Veach's tenure but oh well.

Just amazes me we actually thought wasting a first round pick on a HB made any fucking sense. Insane lol.

He was highly regarded coming out. One thing that seems to be forgotten is with a 1st round pick, you get that 5th year option. So if you can get a great RB for 5 years and then can move on from him when it's time for a big contract, you win. I don't necessarily agree with using one there but with the last pick in the first round you can lock up a key starter on a rookie deal for 5 years, I don't think it was insane. It just hasn't worked out like you'd hope.

louie aguiar
10-21-2021, 08:03 AM
I sometimes wonder where CEH would be picked if he was playing in this year's LSU offense rather than that ridiculously talented 2019 offense. Playing alongside Burrow, Jefferson and Chase probably helped him quite a bit.

RealSNR
10-21-2021, 08:40 AM
Give this Gore kid a shot and just run the damn thing down their throats. Chiefs have a strong interior OL, one of best in the league even with 2 rookies. CEH can not run between the tackles. Gore and Williams can.

Gore fucking sucks.

So do you.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2021, 08:42 AM
I just showed you several posts by YOU bragging about CEH breaking tackles and making multiple cuts LMAO

This is why nobody takes your football takes seriously, you are as fickle as a woman and will change your mind on a whim and then try to talk like you know what you are seeing.

I mean you were obviously either wrong before or wrong now right? Pretty easy to eventually be right when you just randomly switch back and forth on opinions given any 4 game stretch.

You need to stick to gifs and videos.

You don't get it.

CEH was GREAT last year as a rookie in several games...and hasn't been the same since.

The most notable thing he has done this year is fumble away two games.

I can't think of a single highlight play he made this year.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2021, 11:49 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">CEH clocking into work tomorrow <a href="https://t.co/tMPzHqmG4x">pic.twitter.com/tMPzHqmG4x</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Ladd (@aaronladd0) <a href="https://twitter.com/aaronladd0/status/1455344108197892099?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jd1020
11-01-2021, 11:52 PM
Looks more like Darrel Williams than CEH to me.

BossChief
11-01-2021, 11:56 PM
Gore showed great vision, decisiveness, physicality and drive when he got the ball tonight. The whole offense was most effective on drives with a balanced attack.

Clyde has the worst vision of the 3 backs.

DaNewGuy
11-02-2021, 02:36 AM
Gore ****ing sucks.

So do you.

Nice take

TEX
11-02-2021, 05:40 AM
Gore showed great vision, decisiveness, physicality and drive when he got the ball tonight. The whole offense was most effective on drives with a balanced attack.

Clyde has the worst vision of the 3 backs.
No doubt.

TEX
11-02-2021, 05:42 AM
You don't get it.

CEH was GREAT last year as a rookie in several games...and hasn't been the same since.

The most notable thing he has done this year is fumble away two games.

I can't think of a single highlight play he made this year.
There was that one time, at band camp, where he...

notorious
11-02-2021, 05:43 AM
Our line has been opening massive holes, the RB's are now finding them.

I don't think Gore is any better than CEH, they are both JAGS.

ChiefRocka
11-02-2021, 05:45 AM
Why the fook did we not run more in the 2nd half? We were destroying their line. It make zero damn sense with basically 6.5 guys in the box. Have no idea whats going on between Andy and Eric

Another observation: Patrick hesitates on every throw now and he limped badly after a run out of bounds. I think his toe is still a problem for sure

notorious
11-02-2021, 05:46 AM
Why the fook did we not run more in the 2nd half? We were destroying their line. It make zero damn sense with basically 6.5 guys in the box. Have no idea whats going on between Andy and Eric

They started to pile of our 1st down runs.

It was becoming predictable.

TEX
11-02-2021, 05:52 AM
Our line has been opening massive holes, the RB's are now finding them.

I don't think Gore is any better than CEH, they are both JAGS.
Gore has better vision, no doubt.

notorious
11-02-2021, 05:59 AM
Gore has better vision, no doubt.

Certainly, but he's nothing special. He isn't going to create anything that isn't there.

With this run blocking line we don't need anything special. As long as they don't CEH it into the ass of our linemen the running game will be productive.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2021, 07:37 AM

Chiefs gained 39 yards on 11 carries after Frank Gore's drive.

They are not as good at running the ball as you believe.

TEX
11-02-2021, 07:56 AM
Certainly, but he's nothing special. He isn't going to create anything that isn't there.

With this run blocking line we don't need anything special. As long as they don't CEH it into the ass of our linemen the running game will be productive.
For the most part, yes. However, Gore did look good near the goal line, studder & side stepping his way to the hole and then hitting it quickly in route to the end zone. Not sure CEH does that. But, yes, Gore is a JAG himself.

notorious
11-02-2021, 08:00 AM
For the most part, yes. However, Gore did look good near the goal line, studder & side stepping his way to the hole and then hitting it quickly in route to the end zone. Not sure CEH does that. But, yes, Gore is a JAG himself.

CEH absolutely does not do that.

We are seeing CEH skill level with a guy that has vision in Gore.

If CEH can pull his head out of his ass and just hit holes he will be a fine 3rd RB. Right now he's average as hell, and way below average with his fumbling problem and dogshit pass blocking.

jd1020
11-02-2021, 08:13 AM
CEH absolutely does not do that.

We are seeing CEH skill level with a guy that has vision in Gore.

If CEH can pull his head out of his ass and just hit holes he will be a fine 3rd RB. Right now he's average as hell, and way below average with his fumbling problem and dogshit pass blocking.

Do you honestly believe that Darrel Williams is better than CEH?

You guys are so frustrated over CEH being a first round pick and not living up to that praise, so far, that you are suggesting players that are clearly worse than he is as being better.

CEH needs to get back to what made him so good in college and being more patient with the run game. He had a tendency when he saw the hole wasnt created where it was suppose to be to just put his head down and bull rush through 300lb men for as many yards as he could get before he got hurt. But he absolutely has the ability to change direction with the best of them, he just needs to trust his ability to make people miss in the open field to make up for his lack of speed to get around the edge.

CEH is still the starting RB of this team. Darrel Williams probably needs to be gone. Williams had 3 games of being the guy and he's had 3, 4, and 3.8 YPC in those games. It took 1 game for Gore to show he can do better.

notorious
11-02-2021, 08:15 AM
Do you honestly believe that Darrel Williams is better than CEH?

You guys are so frustrated over CEH being a first round pick and not living up to that praise, so far, that you are suggesting players that are clearly worse than he is as being better.

CEH needs to get back to what made him so good in college and being more patient with the run game. He had a tendency when he saw the hole wasnt created where it was suppose to be to just put his head down and bull rush through 300lb men for as many yards as he could get before he got hurt. But he absolutely has the ability to change direction with the best of them, he just needs to trust his ability to make people miss in the open field to make up for his lack of speed to get around the edge.

CEH is still the starting RB of this team. Darrel Williams probably needs to be gone. Williams had 3 games of being the guy and he's had 3, 4, and 3.8 YPC in those games. It took 1 game for Gore to show he can do better.

Darrell is a 3rd string RB at best, too.

I didn't say anything different.

notorious
11-02-2021, 08:18 AM
Also, just finding and hitting a hole doesn't make you good.

Why does CEH SUCK at pass blocking, and is a non-factor as a pass receiver?

Saying he is below average is not going out on a limb. It's the truth.

jd1020
11-02-2021, 08:18 AM
Darrell is a 3rd string RB at best, too.

I didn't say anything different.

Darrel Williams isnt even a 3rd string back. RBs who run for 3 YPC are playing in semi-pro leagues.

notorious
11-02-2021, 08:22 AM
Darrel Williams isnt even a 3rd string back. RBs who run for 3 YPC are playing in semi-pro leagues.

Fine, whatever.

CEH isn't even a 3rd string QB. RB's who can't pass block, have no vision, are slow as **** are playing in semi-pro leagues.

See how this works?

I'm not saying CEH is a semi-pro RB, but he's certainly not even in the atmosphere of starting RB.

jd1020
11-02-2021, 08:24 AM
Fine, whatever.

CEH isn't even a 3rd string QB. RB's who can't pass block, have no vision, are slow as **** are playing in semi-pro leagues.

See how this works?

I'm not saying CEH is a semi-pro RB, but he's certainly not even in the atmosphere of starting RB.

CEH is running for 4.7 YPC this year. So no, I don't see how "this" works. That's 12th among RBs. Can he do better? Absolutely. Is he 3rd string? Not even close.

notorious
11-02-2021, 08:30 AM
I'll keep playing.

Starting running backs don't put the ball on the ground in crucial situations.

Starting running backs are not a huge liability in pass protection.

I could pull up a long list of backs that run for 4.7/carry and don't start.

jd1020
11-02-2021, 08:43 AM
I'll keep playing.

Starting running backs don't put the ball on the ground in crucial situations.

You better be prepared to bench the entire Chiefs offense if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

Red Dawg
11-02-2021, 08:47 AM
Gore is a bum like CEH. People are delusional.

DaFace
11-02-2021, 08:48 AM
You better be prepared to bench the entire Chiefs offense if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

No joke. CEH has two career fumbles. If we're judging people based on this year's performance alone, they should all be cut.

TribalElder
11-10-2021, 02:50 PM
CEH back at practice today

BWillie
11-10-2021, 02:56 PM
2021 YPC
Darrell Williams 3.6
Derrick Gore 4.4
CEH 4.7

Your eyes are deceiving you. There is a reason CEH is our feature back.

Pitt Gorilla
11-10-2021, 03:01 PM
2021 YPC
Darrell Williams 3.6
Derrick Gore 4.4
CEH 4.7

Your eyes are deceiving you. There is a reason CEH is our feature back.

I think the non-idiots understand this pretty clearly. If CEH is healthy, he's clearly the best choice.

Chief Fan simply decided he didn't like CEH and that was that. We have too much pride around here to go around changing our minds due to little things like data/reality.

DJ's left nut
11-10-2021, 03:02 PM
I think the non-idiots understand this pretty clearly. If CEH is healthy, he's clearly the best choice.

Chief Fan simply decided he didn't like CEH and that was that. We have too much pride around here to go around changing our minds due to little things like data/reality.

I don't think the question is whether or not he's be the best choice (I've said that for some time; Gore doesn't impress me).

The question is whether he's a good enough choice to justify a strong shift in philosophy.

TribalElder
11-10-2021, 03:02 PM
Lets go CEH

team is done with turnovers, time to turn up and run the table

lets eat

Pitt Gorilla
11-10-2021, 03:04 PM
I don't think the question is whether or not he's be the best choice (I've said that for some time; Gore doesn't impress me).

The question is whether he's a good enough choice to justify a strong shift in philosophy.

Clearly not. He's not Derrick Henry and he's not going to be. Take the runs that are there, catch some passes, and figure out leverage for pass-pro. That's his recipe for success, IMO.

Honestly, I just hope he's healthy/ready. If not, he should wait until he is.

Chiefspants
11-10-2021, 03:18 PM
I just want CEH to emerge as a pass catcher and be serviceable as a blocker out of the backfield. This would add more of a dimension to this offense than anything else.

If he can't or is simply unable to be the guy on 3rd and longs, I don't think he can fulfill the needed responsibilities of a RB in this offense.

TLO
11-10-2021, 03:23 PM
Our offensive line is opining holes that would rival Octomoms vagina.

CEH is gonna feast.

DJ's left nut
11-10-2021, 03:27 PM
I just want CEH to emerge as a pass catcher and be serviceable as a blocker out of the backfield. This would add more of a dimension to this offense than anything else.

If he can't or is unable to do that, I don't think he can fulfill the needed responsibilities of a RB in this offense.

Kelce is getting so much heat over the middle that I really can't understand why we aren't releasing backs into the pattern over the middle. Simple dagger/arrow routes and stuff like that.

It could help take the spy off Mahomes. It could help Kelce take a little less of a beating. If Kelce isn't getting beat up as badly you won't have to put him in the slot as often to get him a clean release. If you don't need to put him in the slot, you can put him in-line and give the RT more help (critical if it's going to be Wylie again but beneficial regardless of who's there).

And if that's NOT how opposing defenses deal with it, then they'll deal with it by pulling a safety down into the box to pick the RB up out of the backfield. And now you're out of your 2-high looks.

I feel like maybe I don't understand football anymore because some of this stuff seems so damn self-evident and we just. aren't. doing it. I'm really puzzled.

BWillie
11-10-2021, 03:29 PM
Our offensive line is opining holes that would rival Octomoms vagina.

CEH is gonna feast.

Yep.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2021, 03:30 PM
CEH's YPC was dipping when he got hurt.

I expect he'll end up around 4.

BWillie
11-10-2021, 03:35 PM
CEH's YPC was dipping when he got hurt.

I expect he'll end up around 4.

4.6 to 4.9

It should be remarkably easy to run in this Chiefs offense. It's possible that all of our RB's are so bad that it's just difficult to see it since you automatically get a huge boost by not having to run with so many people in the box - like you would have to do if you were on other teams.

Damien Williams was a 3.6 to 3.7 ypc back and comes here and immediately was a 4.5 to 5.1 YPC back.

CEH is going to feast when he returns.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2021, 03:40 PM
4.6 to 4.9

It should be remarkably easy to run in this Chiefs offense.

Should be, but none of our RBs have speed.

Clyde averaged 4.4 last year when he was far healthier.

He had two absolutely huge YPC games this year when he was running through astronomical holes against really bad run defenses (LAC and PHI).

That has skewed his average thus far.

His other three games he was averaging 3 YPC.

He likely ends up around 4 YPC as he recovers from his injuries, and with teams far better situated to stop our rushing attack at this point.

The Chiefs cannot count on Clyde next season. I doubt he even breaks the end zone again this year.

Pitt Gorilla
11-10-2021, 03:45 PM
Kelce is getting so much heat over the middle that I really can't understand why we aren't releasing backs into the pattern over the middle. Simple dagger/arrow routes and stuff like that.

It could help take the spy off Mahomes. It could help Kelce take a little less of a beating. If Kelce isn't getting beat up as badly you won't have to put him in the slot as often to get him a clean release. If you don't need to put him in the slot, you can put him in-line and give the RT more help (critical if it's going to be Wylie again but beneficial regardless of who's there).

And if that's NOT how opposing defenses deal with it, then they'll deal with it by pulling a safety down into the box to pick the RB up out of the backfield. And now you're out of your 2-high looks.

I feel like maybe I don't understand football anymore because some of this stuff seems so damn self-evident and we just. aren't. doing it. I'm really puzzled.Yeah, I don't disagree at all. He needs to be in patterns. Clearly, Darrel isn't the answer out of the backfield.

TEX
11-10-2021, 03:47 PM
Still can't believe we drafted CEH over Jonathan Taylor...:banghead:

Chiefspants
11-10-2021, 03:52 PM

I feel like maybe I don't understand football anymore because some of this stuff seems so damn self-evident and we just. aren't. doing it. I'm really puzzled.

Agreed completely. What’s more bewildering is on draft day CEH was advertised as a the perfect antidote to the 2 high look. He was an advanced route runner with good hands who could be relied on to get chunk gains between 5-15 yards when Patrick’s other options were taken away. But that just… hasn’t happened? Instead in year one the focus became entirely on him as a runner (which, he did good, but his main draw had been his receiving abilities) and there was little effort to even get him involved in the screen game. It just doesn’t make sense - especially when we’ve seen what a RB catching out of the backfield can do in this offense with Hunt and playoff Williams.

DJJasonp
11-10-2021, 03:53 PM
maybe a coincidence - but with a full-game of CEH, the offense was averaging 33.5 per game.

Without a full-game of CEH, the offense has averaged 17.4.

ThyKingdomCome15
11-10-2021, 03:55 PM
Fumble

Chris Meck
11-10-2021, 03:58 PM
Agreed completely. What’s more bewildering is on draft day CEH was advertised as a the perfect antidote to the 2 high look. He was an advanced route runner with good hands who could be relied on to get chunk gains between 5-15 yards when Patrick’s other options were taken away. But that just… hasn’t happened? Instead in year one the focus became entirely on him as a runner (which, he did good, but his main draw had been his receiving abilities) and there was little effort to even get him involved in the screen game. It just doesn’t make sense - especially when we’ve seen what a RB catching out of the backfield can do in this offense with Hunt and playoff Williams.

I agree. I was predicting huge numbers for Clyde based on what he did in college and how he should be the perfect fit in KC for this offense. I have no earthly idea why it went the way it did.

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 03:58 PM
maybe a coincidence - but with a full-game of CEH, the offense was averaging 33.5 per game.

Without a full-game of CEH, the offense has averaged 17.4.

It's not a coincidence.

The CEH hate around here was always a bunch of bullshit. Like i said, once a narrative gets started on this forum there's no slowing it down. Especially when the stupids get ahold of it.

He had a bad week 1. No doubt.

Followed by a decent week 2 that was marred by a game losing turnover.

From that point forward he was pretty dang good.

It took a few weeks of D. Williams (who's a decent backup) for people to realize how good CEH actually is.

Sadly, i don't think the "CEH SUCKS" narrative will ever drop.

DaFace
11-10-2021, 03:59 PM
Should be, but none of our RBs have speed.

Clyde averaged 4.4 last year when he was far healthier.

He had two absolutely huge YPC games this year when he was running through astronomical holes against really bad run defenses (LAC and PHI).

That has skewed his average thus far.

His other three games he was averaging 3 YPC.

He likely ends up around 4 YPC as he recovers from his injuries, and with teams far better situated to stop our rushing attack at this point.

The Chiefs cannot count on Clyde next season. I doubt he even breaks the end zone again this year.

I'll never understand how people can arbitrarily throw out games in one situation and then compare it to another where they don't and then expect it to mean something.

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 04:01 PM
I agree. I was predicting huge numbers for Clyde based on what he did in college and how he should be the perfect fit in KC for this offense. I have no earthly idea why it went the way it did.

He was likely a 1200 yard back if he doesn't get injured last season.

IIRC, he was a top 5 rusher in the league prior to getting hurt. There weren't any big splash plays and that's obviously the barometer for how much a player sucks around here.

Chris Meck
11-10-2021, 04:01 PM
I'll never understand how people can arbitrarily throw out games in one situation and then compare it to another where they don't and then expect it to mean something.

yeah, I mean if you only count the games Derrick Henry played against KC in the last two years, he's a pretty average running back.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2021, 04:06 PM

There is a huge disparity in his YPC. Same was true last year, too.

He's just not a consistent player and it's because he lacks any special ability.

He's dependent on the OL.

That's what it means.

He won't end up anywhere near 4.9 YPC.

Nothing wrong with 4 YPC but that's what he is. RB2

BossChief
11-10-2021, 04:07 PM
It's not a coincidence.

The CEH hate around here was always a bunch of bullshit. Like i said, once a narrative gets started on this forum there's no slowing it down. Especially when the stupids get ahold of it.

He had a bad week 1. No doubt.

Followed by a decent week 2 that was marred by a game losing turnover.

From that point forward he was pretty dang good.

It took a few weeks of D. Williams (who's a decent backup) for people to realize how good CEH actually is.

Sadly, i don't think the "CEH SUCKS" narrative will ever drop.
I agree.

He’s a solid back that can do about everything well. I think people just want to see a “running backs in the first round” have elite traits. Clyde doesn’t have a single elite trait…his unique skill is being able to do everything well. He doesn’t give you those “holy shit did you see that” type plays you get from a Jamaal Charles, but he also doesn’t typically go down on first contact much. He also makes tiny gains out of plays that would usually go for a big loss fairly routinely, as well.

I’d definitely like to see a lot more from Gore though.

Pitt Gorilla
11-10-2021, 04:16 PM
I agree.

He’s a solid back that can do about everything well. I think people just want to see a “running backs in the first round” have elite traits. Clyde doesn’t have a single elite trait…his unique skill is being able to do everything well. He doesn’t give you those “holy shit did you see that” type plays you get from a Jamaal Charles, but he also doesn’t typically go down on first contact much. He also makes tiny gains out of plays that would usually go for a big loss fairly routinely, as well.

I’d definitely like to see a lot more from Gore though.

I disagree, to some extent. His lateral quickness was elite, and likely still is, if healthy. Pre-draft, his vision was elite. With the line coming together, this should improve as well.

Chiefspants
11-10-2021, 04:18 PM

Detractors of Damien Williams did with him, too.

"His 4.5 YPC shouldn't count because it was buffered by multiple 80+ yard runs yada yada"

I have no real qualms with CEH as a runner. It's more with how he's been used in the offense and Andy's situational playcalling with him -- and I will have issues if he doesn't emerge as a pass catcher this season. This offense can't have a RB who is unable to provide that impact for Patrick Mahomes.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2021, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't "throw out" those games but they are not a true indicator of his ability. Those holes vs Philly were massive.

Easy 6
11-10-2021, 04:24 PM
All that can really be said to his defenders right now is, show me

Whole lotta talk about how he's been unfairly badmouthed, well he'll be back in the rotation soon, so... show me

Actually do WANT to be wrong about him, we'll see...

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't "throw out" those games but they are not a true indicator of his ability. Those holes vs Philly were massive.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/YmartgzRP8KtRqKIgU" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/nbcthevillage-YmartgzRP8KtRqKIgU">

Hammock Parties
11-10-2021, 04:28 PM
You disagree? Why such a wild disparity in his YPC, then? The same was true last season.

It is a fantasy to say he can be a 5 YPC guy.

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 04:29 PM
All that can really be said to his defenders right now is, show me

Whole lotta talk about how he's been unfairly badmouthed, well he'll be back in the rotation soon, so... show me

Actually do WANT to be wrong about him, we'll see...

What would you like to see?

He's averaging 4.7 YPC and has two 100+ yard games out of 5.

Considering he's gotten 15+ Carries (17) ONCE this season, im not sure what you expect with such limited opportunities. Even in his limited roll, he was producing.

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 04:32 PM
You disagree? Why such a wild disparity in his YPC, then? The same was true last season.

It is a fantasy to say he can be a 5 YPC guy.

Through 18 career games he has a 4.5 YPC.

The only fantasy is thinking you have solid football takes.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-10-2021, 04:33 PM
I'm thinking that CEH is a little undervalued.

Is it pure coincidence that this offense transformed from arguably the best in the league into a very mediocre offense immediately after he went down?

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 04:34 PM
Why such a wild disparity in his YPC, then? The same was true last season.

Because he's a fucking RB, do you even football? Holy mother of christ.

Here's Henry's YPC's this season:

It's all over the goddamn place, lol. That's pretty damn normal. From 2.43 to 7.15.

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 04:36 PM
Jonathon Taylor, everyone's girl who got away:

High: 10.36

Low: 3.29

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 04:37 PM
Nick Chubb:

High: 9.79

Low: 3.81

Easy 6
11-10-2021, 04:39 PM

Considering he's gotten 15+ Carries (17) ONCE this season, im not sure what you expect with such limited opportunities. Even in his limited roll, he was producing.

How about...

1) Better consistency
2) Prove to be effective in the pass game
3) Display the vision needed to exploit the cavernous holes this line opens

Speaking of limited opportunities, its a fair question to ask WHY his opps are so limited... is Reid carelessly ignoring Clydes pass game prowess? Maybe, but its also perfectly reasonable to assume he isn't displaying the necessary traits in practice

ptlyon
11-10-2021, 04:39 PM
Because he's a ****ing RB, do you even football? Holy mother of christ.

His sources brah

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 04:40 PM
Do more, Detoxing, do more!

Ok, sure.

Joe Mixon:

High: 5.22

Low: 2.36

Hammock Parties
11-10-2021, 04:40 PM
Jonathon Taylor, everyone's girl who got away:

High: 10.36

Low: 3.29

Kind of my point.

Clyde will never have a 10 YPC game.

His last game was 1.86 YPC though. Gross.

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 04:41 PM
That's your top 4 RB's in the league right now, GoChiefs.

I hope you've learned something.

Or do you wanna argue that the top 4 RB's in the league suck because they have certain games that they go off, and certain games that they don't?

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 04:44 PM
How about...

1) Better consistency
3) Display the vision needed to exploit the cavernous holes this line opens

Speaking of limited opportunities, its a fair question to ask WHY his opps are so limited... is Reid carelessly ignoring Clydes pass game prowess? Maybe, but its also perfectly reasonable to assume he isn't displaying the necessary traits in practice

Reid has never used RB's at a high volume. Even when he had JC.

The fact is that CEH is getting MAYBE 15 touches a game and then everyone is asking why he doesn't produce like Henry, Mixon, Chubb and all these other high volume backs.

Even though his YPC is right in line with all of these top backs.

The reason for that is simple. Bad arguments, fake narratives due to frustration and overall poor analysis. GoChiefs level analysis.

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 04:46 PM
Kind of my point.

Clyde will never have a 10 YPC game.

His last game was 1.86 YPC though. Gross.

No, it isn't your point. Your point is that his YPC through 18 games shouldn't count because there's a few games he goes off and few games he doesn't.

That's your argument. And that's a stupid one. Because as i've pointed it, such is the nature of that position in the NFL.

It's kinda like the Chris Jones dumbass arguments.

"Well he doesn't get sacks every week therefore he sucks. We should cut him".

It's just...poorly thought out arguments.

Pitt Gorilla
11-10-2021, 04:50 PM

The fact is that CEH is getting MAYBE 15 touches a game and then everyone is asking why he doesn't produce like Henry, Mixon, Chubb and all these other high volume backs.

The reason for that is simple. Bad arguments, fake narratives due to frustration and overall poor analysis. GoChiefs level analysis.

You must be new here. Welcome to CP! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Chiefspants
11-10-2021, 04:52 PM
How about...

is Reid carelessly ignoring Clydes pass game prowess? Maybe, but its also perfectly reasonable to assume he isn't displaying the necessary traits in practice

Not to beat a dead horse, buuuuut.

Damien Williams had 4 catches for 29 yards and 1 TD in Super Bowl 54. Two (maybe three?) of those catches were critical in the game (extending drives and scoring the go ahead touchdown). CEH doesn't need to deliver 100 yard games, but be able to deliver as a receiver in critical opportunities.

It absolutely should be a concern that in this offense CEH has matched DWill's SB54 production as a receiver in only 3 career games.

Easy 6
11-10-2021, 04:57 PM

I'm not asking Reid to run him more, I'm asking Clyde to do better when he does

Reid used to use backs in the passing game better than anyone, and that was one of Clydes supposed strengths coming out... yet he shows up here, and rarely gets a look

I'm just flat out not buying all this revisionist rose colored glasses business, CEH hasn't looked the same since the hip injury

Not hating on the guy, but he just hasn't

dlphg9
11-10-2021, 05:02 PM
They did it with Damien Williams, too.

"His 4.5 YPC shouldn't count because it was buffered by multiple 80+ yard runs yada yada"

I have no real qualms with CEH as a runner. It's more with how he's been used in the offense and Andy's situational playcalling with him.

In 2019 Williams had 111 rushes 498 yards and 4.5 ypc. 35% (175 yards) of his total yards came on 1.8% (2/91 yards, 84 yards) of his carries. Take out just 2 carries and he had 2.96 ypc. He was absolute trash that regular season.

His 4.5 ypc "counts", but it was the most inflated ypc ever. To act like it's normal for a guy to have 2 of his 111 carries account for 175 of his 498 yards, is ignorant.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2021, 05:27 PM
That's your top 4 RB's in the league right now, GoChiefs.

I hope you've learned something.

Or do you wanna argue that the top 4 RB's in the league suck because they have certain games that they go off, and certain games that they don't?

I've learned their worst is about the same as Clyde's average.

Putting him firmly in the third tier of runners in this league.

All I'm saying is the notion he won't end up as a 4 YPC back is not based on reality. He's getting worse, not better.

Chiefspants
11-10-2021, 05:32 PM
In 2019 Williams had 111 rushes 498 yards and 4.5 ypc. 35% (175 yards) of his total yards came on 1.8% (2/91 yards, 84 yards) of his carries. Take out just 2 carries and he had 2.96 ypc. He was absolute trash that regular season.

His 4.5 ypc "counts", but it was the most inflated ypc ever. To act like it's normal for a guy to have 2 of his 111 carries account for 175 of his 498 yards, is ignorant.

Sure, but he also shouldn't be criticized for having that big play ability. We likely lose the Vikings game without him and there's a chance we drop that end of the year game against the Chargers without him, too.

On CEH. I don't mind if he never breaks an 80 yard run. I just want him to at least produce as a receiver like Damien did.

ModSocks
11-10-2021, 05:38 PM
All I'm saying is the notion he won't end up as a 4 YPC back is not based on reality. He's getting worse, not better.

Ah.

I guess you garnered that from the fact this his YPC is up this year over last. Logical conclusion for sure.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2021, 05:41 PM
Ah.

I guess you garnered that from the fact this his YPC is up this year over last. Logical conclusion for sure.

Small sample size.

jd1020
11-10-2021, 05:42 PM
Ah.

I think he got it from separating CEHs first 2 games from this season in which he averaged 3.3 YPC and his last 2.5 until he got injured where he averaged 5.7 YPC.

Chris Meck
11-10-2021, 05:45 PM

ok, but you can't throw out the big plays. If you did that, Barry Sanders isn't a hall of famer.

This cherry picking of stats is ridiculous. Those plays happened, he took them the distance, and they absolutely count.

some runs get stuffed. Some go for a couple yards. If those count, so do the long ones.

Shields68
11-10-2021, 06:00 PM

I agree. Then factor in how often do the Chiefs really lineup in a above average run formation. Like putting the QB under center 2 TE's or fullback ...Like 0. you can not tell me the formation does not effect the run game. You can cannot expect Derrick Henry numbers.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2021, 06:00 PM
I agree. Then factor in how often do the Chiefs really lineup in a above average run formation. Like putting the QB under center 2 TE's or fullback ...Like 0. you can not tell me the formation does not effect the run game. You can cannot expect Derrick Henry numbers.

Chiefs worst runs come from under-center formations.

crispystl
11-10-2021, 06:05 PM

What’s the pass/run split under center?

Hammock Parties
11-10-2021, 06:11 PM
What’s the pass/run split under center?

Darrel - 28 carries, 3.6 YPC
Clyde - 21 carries, 3.3 YPC
Gore - 5 carries, 3.2 YPC

Mahomes - 52 called passes (12 QB scrambles)

Total - 52 called passes, 54 called runs

ThyKingdomCome15
11-10-2021, 06:24 PM
Darrel - 28 carries, 3.6 YPC
Clyde - 21 carries, 3.3 YPC
Gore - 5 carries, 3.2 YPC

Mahomes - 52 called passes (12 QB scrambles)

Total - 52 called passes, 54 called runs

That's strange. We have the best interior in the league and we cannot run under C. :spock:

Hammock Parties
11-10-2021, 06:25 PM
That's strange. We have the best interior in the league and we cannot run under C. :spock:

It's because the play is telegraphed. We don't run outside because our backs are so fuggin slow.

Marcellus
11-10-2021, 08:18 PM
Chiefs are rushing for less than 4YPC since CEH went out, enough said.

tredadda
11-10-2021, 08:32 PM
The problem with CEH is that those who were upset with him being drafted at #31, are still upset and trying to justify themselves because he's not the second coming of Marshall Faulk. He's a solid, if unspectacular runner who has been underused in the passing game. His return will definitely help this offense as it does not appear like teams respect Williams or Gore.

TLO
11-10-2021, 08:34 PM
I hope he can come back this week. He'll gash the Raiders.

Easy 6
11-10-2021, 08:36 PM
The problem with CEH is that those who were upset with him being drafted at #31, are still upset and trying to justify themselves because he's not the second coming of Marshall Faulk. He's a solid, if unspectacular runner who has been underused in the passing game. His return will definitely help this offense as it does not appear like teams respect Williams or Gore.

They don't respect CEH, and his 14 yard highlights either

RealSNR
11-10-2021, 09:15 PM
Nice take

You’re crowning this guy’s ass waaaaay too early.

This is the same shit I had to do with Daurice Fountain. Everybody else is either bad or has been around too long and people are desperate for fresh new and exciting, so they cling to mediocrity like Derrick Gore if they so much as flash just a tiny bit.

Maybe Gore is our best back. Maybe fountain really was our 2nd best receiver. None of that shit fucking matters if they don’t get their name called, and that’s where people need to chill the fuck out.

How many carries did Gore get last week? Did he get any at all when Darrell Williams was buttsexing all of his carries for one yard in the second half?

Ya’ll got waaay too excited if you think this much that he’s shown is proof of anything yet. The Chiefs through the years have had some truly putrid RBs have big games. Let’s wait until Gore has even one of those games before we consider putting him in Frank Moreau territory.

Until then, he may as well be Jackie Battle

JakeF
11-11-2021, 01:12 AM
Teams don't fear/respect CEH more than Williams, probably Gore either.

In fact, i think Williams is showing a hard running style that can get an extra few yards. That's not something we really see from CEH.

Gore has looked pretty good in his limited time as well.

JakeF
11-11-2021, 01:18 AM
Against the Packers;

Williams played 35 snaps: 19 carries/70 yards, 3.6avg and 3 rec/7 yards
Gore played 10 snaps: 3 carries/13 yards, 4.3avg and 1 rec/6 yards

dlphg9
11-11-2021, 02:18 AM
ok, but you can't throw out the big plays. If you did that, Barry Sanders isn't a hall of famer.

This cherry picking of stats is ridiculous. Those plays happened, he took them the distance, and they absolutely count.

some runs get stuffed. Some go for a couple yards. If those count, so do the long ones.

You could go and take out the longest run in each season of Jamaal Charles career and he goes from 5.4 ypc to 5.1 ypc. Do that to Damien Williams 2019 season and he goes from 4.5 ypc to 3.7 ypc.

Williams rushes that year broke down like this

(18%) 20 rushes went for -6 to 0 yards
(43%) 48 rushes went for 1 to 3 yards
(26%) 29 rushes went for 4 to 6 yards
(9%) 10 rushes went for 7 to 10 yards
(2%) 2 rushes went for 11 to 15 yards
(0%) 0 rushes went for 16 to 83 yards
(2%) 2 rushes went for 84 to 91 yards

So 61% of his rushes went for -6 to 3 yards. That's horrible.

Let's do another exercise to show just how shit he was. We will take away his 2 long runs, but also we will take away the bad ones. All 12 of his playa that went for -1 yard or less. That brings him to 358 yards on 97 carries which comes out to 3.7 ypc.

Sometimes cherry picking stats can actually show you a more clear picture. I took away his 2 best runs and 12 of his worst runs and it took him from 4.5 ypc to 3.7 ypc. That year the 4.5 ypc was good for 20th out of 45 qualified RBs and the 3.7 ypc drops him to 39th out of 45.

Now let's do it with his 2 best and 2 worst runs being removed. 107 carries for 334 yards and 3.1 ypc. Which is pretty well horrendous. So yeah I'm cherry picking, but anyway you slice it his 2019 regular season was an absolute mirage.

He does however get a pass due to his post season and Superbowl performance. I just like to discuss these things.

dlphg9
11-11-2021, 03:02 AM
Teams don't fear/respect CEH more than Williams, probably Gore either.

In fact, i think Williams is showing a hard running style that can get an extra few yards. That's not something we really see from CEH.

Gore has looked pretty good in his limited time as well.

CEH is 10x the RB that Darrel Williams is. Darrel Williams is slow as dog shit. He's had 123 combined carries between last year and this year and his longest runs are 12 and 13 yards. So far this year

(68%) 57 out of 84 of his carries have went for 4 or less yards.(54%) 45 of his 84 carries were for 3 yards or less.

That means he's only picking up 5+ yards on 32% of his runs

This is with the best run blocking line we've had since Vermeil and teams are doing everything in their power to allow us to run.

CEH on the other hand has 65 carries

(40%) 26 have been for 3 yards or less
(58%) 38 have been for 4 yards or less

So 42% of his runs have went for 5+ yards.

CEH has been more productive and then when you look at the run D of the teams that each got the majority of carries it looks even better for CEH

CEH

Browns 3rd in rush yards allowed
Baltimore 5th in rush yards allowed
LA Chargers 32nd in rush yards allowed and CEH gashed em
PHI 20th in rush yards allowed
Buffalo 4th in rush yards allowed, got hurt

Williams

I'll give him PHI because he had 10 carries

PHI 20th
WAS 11th
NYG 22nd
GB 16th

I'm no fan of CEH. I didn't like a 1st round RB and he just doesn't look very good, but Williams is just bad. He's the worst RB that we have had in decades and done absolutely nothing to earn any playing time besides perform fellatio on Andy or something like that. I'm not sure why Andy gets infatuated with JAGs.

I'm unsure why you would think any team would fear/respect Darrel Williams non talented ass. However, you are really dumb, so that's probably it.

Chris Meck
11-11-2021, 07:01 AM
You could go and take out the longest run in each season of Jamaal Charles career and he goes from 5.4 ypc to 5.1 ypc. Do that to Damien Williams 2019 season and he goes from 4.5 ypc to 3.7 ypc.

Let's do another exercise to show just how shit he was. We will take away his 2 long runs, but also we will take away the bad ones. All 12 of his playa that went for -1 yard or less. That brings him to 358 yards on 97 carries which comes out to 3.7 ypc.

Sometimes cherry picking stats can actually show you a more clear picture. I took away his 2 best runs and 12 of his worst runs and it took him from 4.5 ypc to 3.7 ypc. That year the 4.5 ypc was good for 20th out of 45 qualified RBs and the 3.7 ypc drops him to 39th out of 45.

Now let's do it with his 2 best and 2 worst runs being removed. 107 carries for 334 yards and 3.1 ypc. Which is pretty well horrendous. So yeah I'm cherry picking, but anyway you slice it his 2019 regular season was an absolute mirage.

He does however get a pass due to his post season and Superbowl performance. I just like to discuss these things.

No, no,no. You really can't, and no it doesn't give you a clearer picture about anything at all because all of this ignores context that's entirely relevant such as surrounding cast, opponent, and situational football. This is why I get really irritated when people want to take a RB's ypc as some sort of be-all-end-all stat. That doesn't tell anywhere near the whole story on the individual's talent level.

You can have an entirely successful 2.0 yard run for a first down... You can have a failure with a 7 yard run on 3rd and 8. In 2020, the offensive line was so bad for most of the season that nobody was going to have much success running the ball, I don't care who was back there.

RB's are a little harder to evaluate because their down-to-down performance is so dependent on multiple other players, coaches, offensive tendencies, quality of opponent- as well as each situation. YPC is only a small part of the equation. Maybe some equation like QBR that would factor in down and distance, first downs gained, yards after contact and four minute offense when you're really just trying to burn the clock and everyone in the stadium knows you're running every play, not really trying to gain max yardage.

If anything, no running play is 'schemed' to go for a long TD. That takes a defensive breakdown and/or a remarkable individual effort. So if ANYTHING, you absolutely should NEVER throw that out, because if a player is solely responsible for ANY running play, their speed and/or elusiveness in the open field would be more responsible for that play than any 5.0 yard sweep.

Shields68
11-11-2021, 09:00 AM

They have not consistently attempted to lineup under center. Some of the problem is with the retirement of Sherman they no longer have a very good lead back to play.

Chris Meck
11-11-2021, 09:47 AM
The worst runs come from under center because everyone in the stadium knows we're about to run the ball.

It's not a good thing for us to do, as we might as well just tell the defense what's coming before the snap.

Dunerdr
11-11-2021, 09:47 AM

Hey stop. People here dont like the truth about Damien.

DJ's left nut
11-11-2021, 09:55 AM
There were three critical plays not made by runningbacks on Sunday that probably get made by CEH.

The 3rd and 2 pass to McKinnon where he got isolated 1v1 against a CB. If he makes the CB miss, he goes for 25 yards (the playcall was good - there was NOBODY behind him). Even if he squares his shoulders and gets low, he plows forward for 5 yards and a first. Instead McKinnon got his feet knocked out from under him and went straight down. CEH is shifty - I'm not sure he gets the clean miss for 25 but he absolutely gets down and drives forward for a 1st down at about the 50 yard line.

The 3rd and 1 run from Gore was just AWFUL. They had an easy 1st down there if he just follows his pulling G (Thuney). Instead he bounced left, into the teeth of the defense and the extra man that opened up by Thuney's pull. Stuffed at about the 50, punt.

And the throw to Williams near the goal-line. I was floored he didn't get that angle but he's just soooooo slooooooow. That was a walk-in TD for a genuine starting caliber back. CEH gets that one easy because he's up to speed pretty quickly. Williams, OTOH, just spun his wheels, lost the angle and was brought down. After the subsequent false start we had to kick a field goal.

That's 4 points and 2 first downs at mid-field, all attributable to a different 'alternative' to CEH and all plays that I'm fairly certain CEH makes.

CEH isn't an elite runningback but he's not a lousy one. And our alternatives are, frankly, pretty lousy.

The Chiefs shouldn't have drafted CEH where they did but they still need him.

cmh6476
11-11-2021, 09:57 AM
so is he the bellcow this week?

DJ's left nut
11-11-2021, 10:25 AM
so is he the bellcow this week?

I don't think he's practicing yet. He was designated to return, but I haven't seen him on the roster yet (that's why he's not on injury reports).

Without a full week of practice, Andy usually won't play guys.

I would be surprised if he plays much at all this week.

The Franchise
11-11-2021, 10:27 AM
I don't think he's practicing yet. He was designated to return, but I haven't seen him on the roster yet (that's why he's not on injury reports).

I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t come back until after the bye week.

cmh6476
11-11-2021, 10:58 AM

They reported he and Kyle long were out practicing yesterday, and CEH has been designated for return.

cmh6476
11-11-2021, 11:00 AM
https://twitter.com/TheChiefsWire/status/1458814191201099782?t=hlaLSVRdYhvZVcYBOqJd8Q&s=19

cmh6476
11-11-2021, 11:02 AM
https://twitter.com/McKenzieMNelson/status/1458561001264144385?t=bndpVAfLWaWdz5DcnBzr0A&s=09

DJ's left nut
11-11-2021, 11:03 AM
https://twitter.com/TheChiefsWire/status/1458814191201099782?t=hlaLSVRdYhvZVcYBOqJd8Q&s=19

As far as I know, there's no 'suggesting' to it. I believe it's hit the wire that he was designated to return.

But that gives them 3 weeks to actually pull him off the IR. It doesn't mean they've done it yet or will do it imminently. I would be surprised if they do.

tredadda
11-11-2021, 11:05 AM
The worst runs come from under center because everyone in the stadium knows we're about to run the ball.

It's not a good thing for us to do, as we might as well just tell the defense what's coming before the snap.

Makes me think of the old Tecmo Bowl games when the defense called the right play and they all crashed the line and sack the QB before he had a chance to hand off or pass.

cmh6476
11-11-2021, 11:12 AM
As far as I know, there's no 'suggesting' to it. I believe it's hit the wire that he was designated to return.

But that gives them 3 weeks to actually pull him off the IR. It doesn't mean they've done it yet or will do it imminently. I would be surprised if they do.

He looks decent moving around in that video on the Twitter link

cmh6476
11-11-2021, 02:05 PM
here is the embed:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a>: Clyde Edwards-Helaire returned to practice today. He’s been on the IR since October 12 after straining his MCL during Week 4 against Buffalo. <a href="https://t.co/mDY3XUTSJQ">pic.twitter.com/mDY3XUTSJQ</a></p>&mdash; McKenzie Nelson (@McKenzieMNelson) <a href="https://twitter.com/McKenzieMNelson/status/1458561001264144385?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ThyKingdomCome15
11-11-2021, 03:58 PM
That stat that showed how many points the Chiefs score with and without Clyde is very interesting. Ten point difference per game.

InChiefsHeaven
11-11-2021, 04:24 PM
That stat that showed how many points the Chiefs score with and without Clyde is very interesting. Ten point difference per game.

Hard to believe he makes that much of a difference though...I dunno, that's interesting.

-King-
11-11-2021, 04:28 PM

Its intellectual dishonesty at it's very best.

The reason for less points scored is because of Mahomes issues, not anything to do with missing CEH.

The Chiefs averaged 30+ without Tyreek in 2019. Using this logic, CEH is more important than Tyreek because we dipped 10 points without CEH and really didn't dip at all without Tyreek.

Marcellus
11-11-2021, 05:25 PM
There were three critical plays not made by runningbacks on Sunday that probably get made by CEH.

The 3rd and 2 pass to McKinnon where he got isolated 1v1 against a CB. If he makes the CB miss, he goes for 25 yards (the playcall was good - there was NOBODY behind him). Even if he squares his shoulders and gets low, he plows forward for 5 yards and a first. Instead McKinnon got his feet knocked out from under him and went straight down. CEH is shifty - I'm not sure he gets the clean miss for 25 but he absolutely gets down and drives forward for a 1st down at about the 50 yard line.

The 3rd and 1 run from Gore was just AWFUL. They had an easy 1st down there if he just follows his pulling G (Thuney). Instead he bounced left, into the teeth of the defense and the extra man that opened up by Thuney's pull. Stuffed at about the 50, punt.

And the throw to Williams near the goal-line. I was floored he didn't get that angle but he's just soooooo slooooooow. That was a walk-in TD for a genuine starting caliber back. CEH gets that one easy because he's up to speed pretty quickly. Williams, OTOH, just spun his wheels, lost the angle and was brought down. After the subsequent false start we had to kick a field goal.

That's 4 points and 2 first downs at mid-field, all attributable to a different 'alternative' to CEH and all plays that I'm fairly certain CEH makes.

CEH isn't an elite runningback but he's not a lousy one. And our alternatives are, frankly, pretty lousy.

It appears you watched the same game breakdown I did.

Mahomes was doing what everyone said he needs to do, players were just losing 1 on 1 battles they shouldn't have

FloridaMan88
11-11-2021, 05:57 PM

The Chiefs YAC overall on short passes was non-existent in the Green Bay game but especially in the screen game with Darrel and McKinnon.

JFC break a tackle, out-physical the defender, show some speed… make a damn play.

RunKC
11-15-2021, 11:04 AM
Where would we be if we drafted Tee Higgins instead of Clyde? Could really use a 3rd receiver like that guy

TEX
11-15-2021, 11:16 AM
Where would we be if we drafted Tee Higgins instead of Clyde? Could really use a 3rd receiver like that guy

True. But I was all in on Jonathan Taylor, so I'll just stick to thinking about that when I start bitching about drafting CEH. :banghead:

Demonpenz
11-15-2021, 11:49 AM
CEH is a JAG but may get better hopefully

jd1020
11-15-2021, 11:57 AM

Just start using him in the passing game like they have been using the RB in the passing game in recent weeks. Look what a bum like Darrel Williams just accomplished in the passing game. I mean... thats why we fucking drafted him over the other RBs in the draft. Not because he was better than they are at running the ball, but because he seemingly fit this offense like a glove. We've been using him like an OJ Simpson glove, though.

ThaVirus
11-15-2021, 12:06 PM
Mahomes has done a great job of selling the downfield pass then coming back to the RB down low. He’s dropping back, looking downfield, letting those LBs get some depth, then he’s firing it out to Darrel who’s got 10-12 yards of open field in front of him.

I’d like to see us do the same thing with Clyde. He’s not a guy who can create a ton on his own, but if we can get him in the open field with a head full of steam, maybe he can make some magic.

TEX
11-15-2021, 12:23 PM

And / or we will learn how to use him more effectively.

The Franchise
11-15-2021, 12:28 PM
Mahomes has done a great job of selling the downfield pass then coming back to the RB down low. He’s dropping back, looking downfield, letting those LBs get some depth, then he’s firing it out to Darrel who’s got 10-12 yards of open field in front of him.

I’d like to see us do the same thing with Clyde. He’s not a guy who can create a ton on his own, but if we can get him in the open field with a head full of steam, maybe he can make some magic.

And hopefully more screens.

staylor26
11-15-2021, 12:29 PM
The way this season has played out, I kind of expect CEH to come back strong and silence some of the doubters.

ThaVirus
11-15-2021, 12:30 PM
And hopefully more screens.

Aye, hopefully that helps the Ts as well. A half second’s hesitation from them thinking they might be vacating an area where a screen in developing could be the difference between a TD and a turnover.

Pitt Gorilla
11-15-2021, 12:50 PM
The way this season has played out, I kind of expect CEH to come back strong and silence some of the doubters.

Assuming he's healthy, he's going to play well. Darrel, though, has earned the right to continue as the starter, IMO.

jd1020
11-15-2021, 12:52 PM
Darrel, though, has earned the right to continue as the starter, IMO.

You must be fucking joking. He's what T-40th in YPA? Ya... lets continue more of that please.

The Franchise
11-15-2021, 01:11 PM
Aye, hopefully that helps the Ts as well. A half second’s hesitation from them thinking they might be vacating an area where a screen in developing could be the difference between a TD and a turnover.

It’s also going to help with the two deep safety issue. Screens and runs are going to cause them to creep up.

Dunerdr
11-15-2021, 01:12 PM
Honestly CEH could look a shitload better if hed try to juke and avoid contact instead of lowering his shoulder all the time.

duncan_idaho
11-15-2021, 01:18 PM
Williams ended up in a LOT of 1x1 situations last night.

This is exactly what they drafted CEH for... his quickness and cutting ability make him tough for closing-out LB and S to defend.

As well as Williams played last night, I think CEH gets a little more out of those 1x1, open-field situations. Though I don't know that he is someone you throw a jump ball to in the end zone.

A healthy CEH that makes LB routinely miss 1x1 in the short and intermediate ranges makes this offense even tougher to defend.

Dunerdr
11-15-2021, 01:37 PM
Williams ended up in a LOT of 1x1 situations last night.

This is exactly what they drafted CEH for... his quickness and cutting ability make him tough for closing-out LB and S to defend.

As well as Williams played last night, I think CEH gets a little more out of those 1x1, open-field situations. Though I don't know that he is someone you throw a jump ball to in the end zone.

A healthy CEH that makes LB routinely miss 1x1 in the short and intermediate ranges makes this offense even tougher to defend.

This is basically everything you need to know. He may be a JAG but hes a JAG upgrade from our current JAG's.

duncan_idaho
11-15-2021, 01:45 PM
This is basically everything you need to know. He may be a JAG but hes a JAG upgrade from our current JAG's.

I'm not even sold that he's just a guy. I think he's a little better than average.

They've used him like he's a run-first guy, though. Drafting him with the idea of utilizing him in the passing game like KC used Williams last night makes sense.

Drafting him with the idea of him being primarily a ballcarrier? If that's what you're looking for, why draft Edwards-Helaire and not Taylor?

ModSocks
11-15-2021, 01:48 PM
CEH was playing well when he got injured and the OL was still improving. I expect that with the offense a bit further along, CEH will play good football and provide more than what Williams was giving us.

ModSocks
11-15-2021, 01:49 PM
And it's looking like the Gore experiment is pretty much over.

BleedingRed
11-15-2021, 01:51 PM

Never started

ModSocks
11-15-2021, 02:00 PM
Never started

I think we've seen enough.

FloridaMan88
11-15-2021, 02:04 PM
Maybe we’ll finally see production from CEH in the screen game that everyone was anticipating when he was drafted.

arrwheader
11-15-2021, 02:09 PM
Maybe we’ll finally see production from CEH in the screen game that everyone was anticipating when he was drafted.

Maybe pigs will fly.

Pitt Gorilla
11-15-2021, 02:11 PM

Honestly not sure what Chief Fan saw in that guy.

Hammock Parties
11-15-2021, 02:17 PM
Honestly not sure what Chief Fan saw in that guy.

Wiggle and power.

He still hasn't touched it that much.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-20-2021, 02:18 PM
He’s back tomorrow

Deberg_1990
11-20-2021, 02:27 PM
He’s back tomorrow

Hells yes. We need him for the stretch run.

ChiefaRoo
11-20-2021, 02:28 PM
Clyde is ok. Let him play.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-20-2021, 02:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs are activating RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire from injured reserve and elevating WR Daurice Fountain from practice squad to the 53-player roster, per sources.<br><br>CEH makes his return for first action since Week 5, while Fountain offers depth with Marcus Kemp on COVID list.</p>&mdash; Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/1462157674540380162?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Deberg_1990
11-20-2021, 03:58 PM
Daurice Fountain baby!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-20-2021, 04:35 PM
I thought we released Fountain

MIAdragon
11-20-2021, 04:41 PM

I thought his leg broke off.

Abba-Dabba
11-20-2021, 04:43 PM

We did release him from the 53man roster. He was resigned to the practice squad after he cleared waivers. He is back again on the 53 man roster for the moment.

FloridaMan88
11-20-2021, 04:55 PM
Hopefully Darrel Williams is still RB1 tomorrow.

That’s not a long term indictment of CEH, but Darrel is coming off his best game while Clyde has been out for a month.

DaFace
11-20-2021, 04:56 PM
Hopefully Darrel Williams is still RB1 tomorrow.

That’s not a long term indictment of CEH, but Darrel is coming off his best game while Clyde has been out for a month.Agreed.

bobhill
11-20-2021, 05:26 PM
If they use cylde I hope they throw it to him

Marcellus
11-20-2021, 05:31 PM
If they use cylde I hope they throw it to him

Well CEH is running for almost a yard more per carry than Williams so.....

Megatron96
11-20-2021, 07:48 PM
Darrel will start. Clyde will take about 15-20 snaps. No need to risk another setback with Darrel healthy and playing fairly well.

Would like to see Clyde involved in the passing game for about half of those snaps.

Chris Meck
11-20-2021, 08:19 PM
I've got a good feeling about Clyde in the flats. I think we may finally see the reason we drafted him.

JakeF
11-20-2021, 09:33 PM
Andy never really gave Gore a full chance.

Gore was productive and looked good in the small chance the Chiefs gave him. They just didn't give him much of a chance. If the Chiefs give fuck all, another team will give Gore a real chance next year.

Buehler445
11-20-2021, 09:37 PM
I've got a good feeling about Clyde in the flats. I think we may finally see the reason we drafted him.

I’m just confused as to why we weren’t going there before he got hurt.

Wouldn’t that be a better look than him up the middle? Idk.

BWillie
11-20-2021, 09:39 PM
Darrel will start. Clyde will take about 15-20 snaps. No need to risk another setback with Darrel healthy and playing fairly well.

Would like to see Clyde involved in the passing game for about half of those snaps.

God I hope not.

JakeF
11-20-2021, 09:44 PM
I’m just confused as to why we weren’t going there before he got hurt.

Wouldn’t that be a better look than him up the middle? Idk.
It was so strange.

Almost every carry CEH got was a power run between the Center and RG.

Why? Nothing about CEH screams power back.

Bowser
11-20-2021, 09:50 PM
Why is Fountain up? Who did we release/IR to make this possible?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-20-2021, 09:51 PM

Brown, the TE we got from the Jets, was released.

JakeF
11-20-2021, 09:52 PM

Kemp went to Covid list.

Bowser
11-20-2021, 09:53 PM
Kemp went to Covid list.

Durr, I knew that. Thanks.

Bowser
11-20-2021, 09:53 PM
Brown, the TE we got from the Jets, was released.

I did NOT know that. Huh

Pitt Gorilla
11-20-2021, 11:18 PM
IF Clyde is healthy, he's going to look good.

Rasputin
11-20-2021, 11:22 PM

This although I'm not expecting much his first game back but see what his work load is like what the coaches feel comfortable doing with him. With that said hell yes I'm excited for his return and we just got better again on offense.

tredadda
11-20-2021, 11:27 PM
We did release him from the 53man roster. He was resigned to the practice squad after he cleared waivers. He is back again on the 53 man roster for the moment.

Hopefully he doesn't become our new Spiller.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2021, 11:28 AM
clyde is so zzzzzz

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FHOSsjPXEAww88m?format=jpg&name=medium

TwistedChief
12-28-2021, 11:35 AM
clyde is so zzzzzz

Ugh. Darrel Williams bottom right.

Tribal Warfare
12-28-2021, 11:38 AM

If he's on he'll look decent, but he'll be JAG if it's business as usual

Hammock Parties
12-28-2021, 11:40 AM
Ugh. Darrel Williams bottom right.

That is the conundrum we find ourselves in, particularly with Darrel being so much better as a receiver.

Clyde's YPC has dipped significantly since he returned. He will be under 4 by season's end at this rate.

smithandrew051
12-28-2021, 11:52 AM
Man if we could flip a pick for Tony Pollard in the offseason, you’d have to consider it. He’s going into the last year of his contract. Can’t believe the Cowboys would pay 2 running backs.

mabbott
12-28-2021, 11:56 AM
That is the conundrum we find ourselves in, particularly with Darrel being so much better as a receiver.

Clyde's YPC has dipped significantly since he returned. He will be under 4 by season's end at this rate.

I wouldn't say Darrel is so much better of a receiver. I haven't seen CEH targeted downfield as much as Darrel because he is not the 3rd down back.

King_Chief_Fan
12-28-2021, 11:59 AM
I wouldn't say Darrel is so much better of a receiver. I haven't seen CEH targeted downfield as much as Darrel because he is not the 3rd down back.

Gore was pretty good ar receiver. data point of 1 on Sunday.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2021, 12:01 PM

Darrel has made plays in the passing game we've never seen CEH make. Just accept it.

Kiimo
12-28-2021, 12:02 PM
The only RB we have with the ability to hit home runs is Gore.

MOAR GOAR

ThyKingdomCome15
12-28-2021, 12:06 PM
He good, probably rests until the Playoffs.

TwistedChief
12-28-2021, 12:07 PM
I think we know what we have in Clyde and Darrel at this point. And they're fine and that's fine.

I think Gore's ability to produce big plays in a limited sample size is becoming a lot more intriguing as it continues when he gets touches.

I hope we get to see a lot of him this Sunday.

MIAdragon
12-28-2021, 12:11 PM
If he was a 6th/7th rd pick he’d be cut already.

BWillie
12-28-2021, 12:22 PM
clyde is so zzzzzz

Hey look. This supports what some of us have been saying. CEH is better than Williams at running the ball. But they both aren't good. Williams definitely seems like the better pass catch back which is kind of surprising.

Not sure about the source, and if from PFF I won't believe a thing, but seems to track based on the other names and the eye test.

I hope we can lock up the #1 seed so we can give tons of carries to Gore to see what we have from him.

Chris Meck
12-28-2021, 12:58 PM
Well, we'll find out if Gore looks good due to small sample size, or is a diamond in the rough.

dirk digler
12-28-2021, 01:11 PM
clyde is so zzzzzz

More evidence that he is a JAG

mabbott
12-28-2021, 01:20 PM
Darrel has made plays in the passing game we've never seen CEH make. Just accept it.

CEH has been targeted 22 times with 19 receptions, 129 yards and 2 TDs.

Williams has been targeted 50 times with 41 receptions, 403 yards and 2 TDs

Yep, he is WAY better... what was I thinking ROFL

Rasputin
12-28-2021, 01:25 PM
I'm still not calling CEH a JAG injury prone maybe but he is still a young running back getting his groove.

I do think he has a lot to prove because thus far he hasn't played to potential but I'm still going by what I saw him do last year and have higher expectations than most here that he can make that happen again provided he can stay healthy.

You cannot take away what he did last year even though this year isn't the same output. They seem to be running running back by committee using 3 and I think that is to keep them all fresh throughout the games and also why Gore gets a burst because he is fresh in the fourth quarter when defenses are gashed.

I actually think Clyde is under utilized but what ever is working is working so they keep rushing for first downs and our offense keeps scoring touchdowns I really don't give a fuck who runs the ball as long as we are winning.

Chiefspants
12-28-2021, 01:34 PM
CEH has been targeted 22 times with 19 receptions, 129 yards and 2 TDs.

Williams has been targeted 50 times with 41 receptions, 403 yards and 2 TDs

Yep, he is WAY better... what was I thinking ROFL

CEH is likely not the third down back because he is not a reliable blocker like Darrel is. Saying he shouldn't be blamed for his lack of receiving production because Darrel is out there on 3rd downs is not the pro-CEH argument that some think it is.

mabbott
12-28-2021, 02:10 PM
CEH is likely not the third down back because he is not a reliable blocker like Darrel is. Saying he shouldn't be blamed for his lack of receiving production because Darrel is out there on 3rd downs is not the pro-CEH argument that some think it is.

Not arguing that at all, but people saying the Williams is better is just absurd. Williams ran the ball 21 times against Washington for 62 yards.

Kansas City hasn't been a RB "pass blocking" team, the last time I saw stats on it they only used RBs for pass blocking on 13% of the plays. Our RBs are extra receivers mostly and run the ball as well.

I am not expecting CEH to be anything that he isn't. He is who he is. He is barely above average when it comes to RBs and he was drafted too highly. That is not his fault, he wasn't projected as a first round RB and where he was drafted is barely the first round at all.

I hope Gore gets some more carries to show if he is anything or just looks good on occasions.

-King-
12-28-2021, 02:45 PM
I'm still not calling CEH a JAG injury prone maybe but he is still a young running back getting his groove.

I do think he has a lot to prove because thus far he hasn't played to potential but I'm still going by what I saw him do last year and have higher expectations than most here that he can make that happen again provided he can stay healthy.

You cannot take away what he did last year even though this year isn't the same output. They seem to be running running back by committee using 3 and I think that is to keep them all fresh throughout the games and also why Gore gets a burst because he is fresh in the fourth quarter when defenses are gashed.

I actually think Clyde is under utilized but what ever is working is working so they keep rushing for first downs and our offense keeps scoring touchdowns I really don't give a fuck who runs the ball as long as we are winning.

You have quite a rosy recollection of what CEH was last year. He was better than he is this year but most of his games were still 4ypc and under. Even last year he was a JAG.

Megatron96
12-28-2021, 03:18 PM
Last year? Last year he never ran behind the starting OL. Not sure we can Use much data from last year.

Lilmrp117
12-28-2021, 03:27 PM
More evidence that he is a JAG

If this chart shows that CEH is a JAG, then it also shows that Darrel is a turd who shouldn't even be in the NFL (which my eyes already noticed anyway). Seriously, there's isn't even anyone close to Darrel's crap spot on the chart.

I get the complaints about CEH but I don't understand why everyone gives Darrel a pass - he sucks pretty bad running the ball and his receiving, while good, is not enough to make up for it. I understand CEH was a 1st rounder and Darrel didn't cost us much, but getting more carries for Darrel at the expense of CEH makes us a worse team. I would have much preferred Darrel to get injured than CEH.

Wisconsin_Chief
12-28-2021, 03:30 PM
One thing I think we've all seen enough of as Chiefs' fans is good running backs. Most of us have the ability to recognize one when we see it.

CEH just isn't that good, and it's really that simple. He's incredibly average and at best is just the same caliber player as Gore and Williams, which would be fine except that he was a first rounder and you expect more out of that kind of pick.

Honestly, I think they're finding a good balance using the 3 of them and CEH has a nice role here. However, he's never going to be the 2,000 total yard, 15 TD guy that a lot of us had hoped. He's a role player at best and there's really no arguing it right now. The sample size is big enough to come to that conclusion.

Our offense loses absolutely nothing when he's not in the game, and that tells you all you need to know about him.

Gary Cooper
12-28-2021, 03:33 PM
clyde is so zzzzzz

Interesting graph. I never knew they tracked "perfect run blocking"

dirk digler
12-28-2021, 03:37 PM
If this chart shows that CEH is a JAG, then it also shows that Darrel is a turd who shouldn't even be in the NFL (which my eyes already noticed anyway). Seriously, there's isn't even anyone close to Darrel's crap spot on the chart.

I get the complaints about CEH but I don't understand why everyone gives Darrel a pass - he sucks pretty bad running the ball and his receiving, while good, is not enough to make up for it. I understand CEH was a 1st rounder and Darrel didn't cost us much, but getting more carries for Darrel at the expense of CEH makes us a worse team. I would have much preferred Darrel to get injured than CEH.

If you looked through my posting history you will find that I am not a big Darrel fan, in fact I have shit on him alot. That pass he dropped in the SB was unforgivable IMHO.

But why does it seem like Darrel gets a pass is because he is an undrafted FA so the expectations aren't very high for him compared to CEH.

dirk digler
12-28-2021, 03:38 PM
One thing I think we've all seen enough of as Chiefs' fans is good running backs. Most of us have the ability to recognize one when we see it.

CEH just isn't that good, and it's really that simple. He's incredibly average and at best is just the same caliber player as Gore and Williams, which would be fine except that he was a first rounder and you expect more out of that kind of pick.

Honestly, I think they're finding a good balance using the 3 of them and CEH has a nice role here. However, he's never going to be the 2,000 total yard, 15 TD guy that a lot of us had hoped. He's a role player at best and there's really no arguing it right now. The sample size is big enough to come to that conclusion.

Our offense loses absolutely nothing when he's not in the game, and that tells you all you need to know about him.

This is pretty much the perfect post about CEH and Chief RB's. Couldn't have said it better myself.

TEX
12-28-2021, 03:39 PM

Yep, yep, and more yep.

-King-
12-28-2021, 03:45 PM

No one is giving him a pass, but he is a clear contributor in one aspect of his game whereas CEH isn't.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2021, 06:29 PM
Interesting graph. I never knew they tracked "perfect run blocking"

Be interested to see where gore falls on this. I know there’s an analysis on this. But the one thing that keeps standing out to me is how ceh seems to have only one speed. Has better wiggle than the other two but seems to attack every run the same way and speed. Seems this has been an analysis on vision. What seems to set Williams and especially gore apart is patience to set up the blocks.

Infidel Goat
12-30-2021, 07:13 PM
Be interested to see where gore falls on this. I know there’s an analysis on this. But the one thing that keeps standing out to me is how ceh seems to have only one speed. Has better wiggle than the other two but seems to attack every run the same way and speed. Seems this has been an analysis on vision. What seems to set Williams and especially gore apart is patience to set up the blocks.

I can't believe that chart would be very positive for Gore. If you take out the one long run from Gore's totals, he'd have a 3.45 YPC average.

To be fair, if you take away CEH's longest run, he'd have a 4.24 YPC average.

Rasputin
12-30-2021, 07:42 PM
I still don't get the hate I do get that he isn't have the stellar year that he had last year but the kid is still a stud and I can see him turning it around and kick some ass again LIKE HE DID LAST YEAR. However maybe that will come this year but I'm hopeful he does great in the playoffs we need all hands on deck.

Last year in this very thread people were sucking his dick but ever since he fumbled nothing but hate even though he has been grinding out first downs on first down.

BossChief
12-30-2021, 08:07 PM
I’d like to see Gore get a shot at the lead back role. He’s had breakout plays consistently when given opportunities.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2021, 08:20 PM
I can't believe that chart would be very positive for Gore. If you take out the one long run from Gore's totals, he'd have a 3.45 YPC average.

To be fair, if you take away CEH's longest run, he'd have a 4.24 YPC average.

It wouldn’t surprise me. Gore is more boom bust. Ceh is an Alex smither who doesn’t lose yards but consistently hits 2-5 yards but can’t hit home runs. With our offense I’d much rather a guy who can actually rip a few. I feel like gore could be that guy at least for this year if he got a chance. So I don’t think you can take away the big runs. I think the bigger story is he’s had big runs in way less opportunities that ceh has not.

-King-
12-30-2021, 08:30 PM
I still don't get the hate I do get that he isn't have the stellar year that he had last year but the kid is still a stud and I can see him turning it around and kick some ass again LIKE HE DID LAST YEAR. However maybe that will come this year but I'm hopeful he does great in the playoffs we need all hands on deck.

Last year in this very thread people were sucking his dick but ever since he fumbled nothing but hate even though he has been grinding out first downs on first down.
Once again...he didn't have a stellar year last year. He had an ok year that he should have built off of. He had two very good games and then a bunch of average to terrible games.

HemiEd
12-30-2021, 08:39 PM
Just googled his injury update and the article said the injury came from how he fell.

Total fucking bullshit, Loudermilk should be fined for the way he pile drove him into the ground.
I wish someone could gif up that tackle, I have no idea how to do it. It is the exact kind of tackle they were fining players for on Qbs.:cuss:

Rasputin
12-30-2021, 08:49 PM
Once again...he didn't have a stellar year last year. He had an ok year that he should have built off of. He had two very good games and then a bunch of average to terrible games.

I'm not giving up on him because I think he has determination that if he can channel then he can still have dominant games ahead of him and he has good coaching. I think we have several backs that are getting the job done so I'm not so worried about being right or wrong I just believe in the kid like Veach did when he drafted him so I'm still going like him as long as he is a Chief and think he has big plays in him. It is nice we have other backs that are kicking ass. Veach is a genius. He wasn't a wasted pick because he played a part that helped us get another Lamar Hunt Trophy. Andy likes roll players and that's what he is a roll player everyone knows their roll.

Halfcan
12-30-2021, 08:58 PM
Clyde is like this thread- they both have lost their burst.

KChiefs1
12-30-2021, 10:30 PM
CEH is just like Mecole.

staylor26 has sucked the LSU & UGA out of them. The little faggot loves him some Hardman cock & Clyde jizz.

Rasputin
12-30-2021, 11:20 PM
CEH is just like Mecole.

staylor26 has sucked the LSU & UGA out of them. The little bundle of sticks loves him some Hardman cock & Clyde jizz.

I like them both in the role that they will be playing that Coach Reid has them doing that helps us win another Lombardi trophy.

Chieftain
12-31-2021, 02:14 AM
Imagine this Chiefs offense with Kenneth Walker, a Dalvin Cook/LeVeon Bell hybrid. It would be special. Clyde is a jag and will stay a jag. Accept the reality and let's move on.

Hammock Parties
12-31-2021, 06:14 AM
Mecole is such an odd duck. Never seen a receiver who will end up catching 60 balls as your third receiver, and be less valuable.

Pringle has had a better year.

Dunerdr
12-31-2021, 07:07 AM
Mecole is such an odd duck. Never seen a receiver who will end up catching 60 balls as your third receiver, and be less valuable.

And a guy whos so meh sometimes and so explosive others.

Simply Red
12-31-2021, 07:27 AM
Has this piece of shit been cleared to play yet?

Dunerdr
12-31-2021, 07:30 AM
Has this piece of shit been cleared to play yet?

No, but by all accounts he seems nice.

-King-
12-31-2021, 07:47 AM
CEH is just like Mecole.

staylor26 has sucked the LSU & UGA out of them. The little faggot loves him some Hardman cock & Clyde jizz.

You're really obsessed with Staylor huh?

TwistedChief
12-31-2021, 07:52 AM

It's explained by the fact that he has a ton of physical talent but he plays dumb football and is turnover prone so he's impossible to trust.

CEH on the other hand just seems to lack the overall talent to really distinguish himself.

Chiefspants
12-31-2021, 10:27 AM
I think for CEH to work with his skillset he needs perfect vision at the line and exceptional route running ability and hands. I’d argue he showed flashes of the vision part last season, but that’s regressed this year and his pass catching has never developed. He doesn’t have the talent to make up for those deficits in this offense and so far his body hasn’t been able to seek out contact Kareem style.

If he had even Darrel’s pass catching # I’d be feeling better about him. I know he gets knocked for not having breakaway speed or big plays, but Priest’s 2003 was basically the PRIME version of the CEH the team is hoping for. Chunk plays, passes from the backfield, and while not hitting home runs, a staple of reliability on third downs and in the red zone. CEH’s skills we drafted him for just haven’t yet emerged at this level and the injuries aren’t helping him as he tries to find his footing.

BossChief
12-31-2021, 01:12 PM
Think of this team with Jonathan Taylor at RB and DK Metcalf at WR2.

Pitt Gorilla
01-23-2022, 10:06 PM
CEH is just like Mecole.

staylor26 has sucked the LSU & UGA out of them. The little bundle of sticks loves him some Hardman cock & Clyde jizz.

Yeah, they were both badass when it mattered most.

Nice call, Chief Fan.

Sassy Squatch
01-23-2022, 10:07 PM
Dude was beasting tonight. Had burst I haven't seen from him in what feels like forever.

Reerun_KC
01-23-2022, 10:08 PM
CP shouldn’t be allowed to evaluate players.

Usually turns out to be the case of the dumbs.

Pants
01-23-2022, 10:08 PM
Dude was beasting tonight. Had burst I haven't seen from him in what feels like forever.

He made a bad a pretty bad decision to cut inside for no reason on one attempt. Otherwise, he looked fucking amazing in there.

Chiefspants
01-24-2022, 01:38 AM
He had a great day today. Exactly what we need from that position.

suzzer99
05-20-2022, 10:04 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reminder that Joe Burrow was on a team with Ja&#39;Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, and Derek Stingley and still said that CEH was the best player he had ever played with. <br><br>There&#39;s something there, folks. You just gotta believe. <a href="https://t.co/EfwPLFIRWp">https://t.co/EfwPLFIRWp</a></p>&mdash; Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1527858540232122368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm dubious

CasselGotPeedOn
05-20-2022, 10:07 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reminder that Joe Burrow was on a team with Ja&#39;Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, and Derek Stingley and still said that CEH was the best player he had ever played with. <br><br>There&#39;s something there, folks. You just gotta believe. <a href="https://t.co/EfwPLFIRWp">https://t.co/EfwPLFIRWp</a></p>&mdash; Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1527858540232122368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm dubious

https://c.tenor.com/BLUMUK8Ja-IAAAAC/no-umm-no.gif

threebag
05-20-2022, 10:21 PM
Joe Burrow was high or suffering from head trauma when he said that. CEH is barely JAG

dtrain
05-20-2022, 10:41 PM
This game is why people were high on him
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hqft_dbapUg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThyKingdomCome15
05-20-2022, 11:38 PM
CEH will bust out. He's still a baby.

Tribal Warfare
05-21-2022, 12:44 AM
CEH will bust out. He's still a baby.

I see what you did there

crayzkirk
05-21-2022, 09:02 AM
Sounds like someone was listening; Chiefs wasted a pick on him. Gaslighting works on us all...

notorious
05-21-2022, 09:36 AM
I still see Emmitt Smith in the video.

Kiimo
05-21-2022, 09:39 AM
His side step didn't translate into the NFL like we thought it would.

Unfortunately that's the only thing about his game that was exceptional

CatfishBob2
05-21-2022, 09:50 AM
I hope people don't look as this guy as an example of why you don't take RBs in the first. If Pat was truly the guy that signed off on him in the first, he should be locked out of the draft room forever.

Thar being said this guy will be great for us catching more passes than getting carries. Still riding with him on my fantasy team

Bowser
05-21-2022, 10:10 AM
If he's fully recovered from gallbladder surgery, then I'm actually quite excited to see him play. This might be the first time we'll see him produce on a consistent basis like he did at LSU.

irafreak
05-21-2022, 10:25 AM
I still think he looked good his rookie year until the saints folded him in half. We'll see if he can get back to form.

Kiimo
05-21-2022, 10:32 AM
I still think he looked good his rookie year until the saints folded him in half. We'll see if he can get back to form.

That's part of the problem, his style of play invites injuries because he plays like he's 6'2 220 but instead he's 5'7 205

CatfishBob2
05-21-2022, 10:38 AM
Which is why he should get 15 carries MAX per game... otherwise we'll never get a full season out of him

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mdX7VMOo55Y" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This tape probably got him drafted

suzzer99
05-21-2022, 10:43 AM
His side step didn't translate into the NFL like we thought it would.

Unfortunately that's the only thing about his game that was exceptional

He's pretty good at dragging tacklers after contact. Unfortunately that gets him twisted up like a pretzel at the end of the play.

TambaBerry
05-21-2022, 10:55 AM
Why do you guys hate on our players so much? It's not his fault they drafted him in the 1st. Also not his fault that his injuries have been so nuts. Dude is a stud, if the gall bladder thing is true that would severely hurt him last year. Just need the get him going and commit to the run game. He had 26 carries for 161 yards in the only game I've seen them actually lean on him.

Flying High D
05-21-2022, 10:57 AM
I hope people don't look as this guy as an example of why you don't take RBs in the first. If Pat was truly the guy that signed off on him in the first, he should be locked out of the draft room forever.

What if gets 3000 yds this year?

Kiimo
05-21-2022, 11:01 AM
Why do you guys hate on our players so much? It's not his fault they drafted him in the 1st. Also not his fault that his injuries have been so nuts. Dude is a stud, if the gall bladder thing is true that would severely hurt him last year. Just need the get him going and commit to the run game. He had 26 carries for 161 yards in the only game I've seen them actually lean on him.

Because he is not a stud.

I don't hate him or want him off the team but he shouldn't even be starting. This isn't because I "hate our players" it's because we strive to not be TrueFan homers just because of his uniform.

notorious
05-21-2022, 11:05 AM
What if gets 3000 yds this year?

He'd have the best season of any RB in history by a mile.

CatfishBob2
05-21-2022, 11:05 AM

I hate the pick not the player. Just don't see what made them think a 5'7 207 guy who isn't THAT fast could be a bell cow back.

CatfishBob2
05-21-2022, 11:07 AM
He'd have the best season of any RB in history by a mile.

I think he could easily put up half of that running and receiving

notorious
05-21-2022, 11:08 AM
I think he could easily put up half of that running and receiving

1500 yards is possible.

I'd be much more excited to see him get 5-600 receiving. That's where I thought he'd be deadly, and he's sucked at it so far.

CatfishBob2
05-21-2022, 11:11 AM
50 yards rushing and receiving pg is almost 2000 ap yards

What happened to those btw?