PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

suzzer99
04-24-2020, 12:37 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">CEH on Darrel Williams (former LSU RB): &quot;He&#39;s like a big brother to me.&quot;</p>&mdash; Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) <a href="https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1253551840404426752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Holy shit. I forgot Darrel was even on the team.

ArrowheadMagic
04-24-2020, 12:38 AM
Are we really bitching about a pick the current GM. Who traded up for Mahomes... then won a Super Bowl.. has made.?

ArrowheadMagic
04-24-2020, 12:41 AM
Kid fits the offense. Puts pressure on defenses. I like it.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 12:41 AM
Holy shit. I forgot Darrel was even on the team.

He should be our fourth RB. Sorry Darwin

ArrowheadMagic
04-24-2020, 12:42 AM
Compete or be gone.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-24-2020, 12:43 AM
Three things that stand out:

1) Very productive numbers (both running and receiving)
2) Never fumbles
3) Very hard to tackle

Slow 40

Its Kareem!!

notorious
04-24-2020, 12:44 AM
We all know what NFL talent looks like.

KC Hawks
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/trY0IFZySXg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC
When your rookie RB catches more passes than your rivals rookie WR

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">good morning<br><br>Clyde Edwards-Helaire caught 15 more passes last season than Henry Ruggs and 12 more than Jalen Reagor <br><br>there will be no more questions at this time, thank you</p>&mdash; Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) <a href="https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1248255939108634625?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tribal Warfare
04-24-2020, 12:46 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> pick No. 32… the best pick in the whole world. And with that, they select <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LSU?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LSU</a> RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, so he’s the first RB off the board. Andy Reid and Eric Bieniemy should have some fun with this one.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1253536647859372032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2020, 12:50 AM
Slow 40

Its Kareem!!
Even that 40 is misleading. Dude was hurt/sore (from CFF Playoff and season) and folks suggested that he not run the 40. He did it anyway, because he's a warrior. He knew it'd be slower than his real time, but he didn't GAF.

Tribal Warfare
04-24-2020, 12:51 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/trY0IFZySXg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was sensory overload

ArrowheadMagic
04-24-2020, 12:53 AM
Yes... lets question the guy that trades up for Mahomes.. wins Super Bowl... then drafts a RB that fits an Andy offense.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 12:53 AM

Andy Reid:

“We asked Pat Mahomes who do you want and he picked you!”

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 12:55 AM
That was sensory overload

Mahomes making draft picks now!!

ArrowheadMagic
04-24-2020, 12:56 AM
Nevermind he is the 1st gm to return 20 of 22 starters from a SB winner

ArrowheadMagic
04-24-2020, 12:59 AM
Mahomes making draft picks now!!

Won a SB.. shouldnt he

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 01:00 AM
Won a SB.. shouldnt he

I didn’t say this was a bad thing

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2020, 01:04 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/trY0IFZySXg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>**** If that doesn't fire you up, you're dead inside. ****, this is the guy Pat wanted and you can see why.

ArrowheadMagic
I didn’t say this was a bad thing

Yes . You were vague

Dante84

Okay - this put me on cloud 9.

- Look at Reid - I have never, never *visually* seen him so excited about a player. With Pat, he was thrilled and you knew it from what he said. But Andy looks over the fucking moon.

- Brett is super giddy as well. That quote he gave about texting Pat at 4pm and saying "Give me a name, and don't think- just give me a name" and Pat comes back with "Clyde" instantly. Wow.

- EB & DM are slobbering.

And lastly, I love how focused and business like this kid is. The whole time, he's saying how ready he is to work and you can tell he's fucking serious as can be.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:06 AM

- Look at Reid - I have never, never *visually* seen him so excited about a player. With Pat, he was thrilled and you knew it from what he said. But Andy looks over the fucking moon.

- Brett is super giddy as well. That quote he gave about texting Pat at 4pm and saying "Give me a name, and don't think- just give me a name" and Pat comes back with "Clyde" instantly. Wow.

And lastly, I love how focused and business like this kid is. The whole time, he's saying how ready he is to work and you can tell he's fucking serious as can be.

I think it’s obvious this is a player we are all going to fall in love with in and off the field.

What more could you ask for from a team that just won the SB and is returning 20 of 22 starters?

But but but no RB in the 1st!!!!

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2020, 01:07 AM

- Look at Reid - I have never, never *visually* seen him so excited about a player. With Pat, he was thrilled and you knew it from what he said. But Andy looks over the ****ing moon.

And lastly, I love how focused and business like this kid is. The whole time, he's saying how ready he is to work and you can tell he's ****ing serious as can be."Hardest working player in the draft." Wally: "Yeah, we know."

ArrowheadMagic
04-24-2020, 01:08 AM
Conventional theory is RB positional value sucks in the first, but I mean when you're picking 32nd who gives a ****. Go wild.

Its 5 years . Of a back.. you like...when you have to pay Mahomes and Jones.. cheap.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:10 AM
Its 5 years . Of a back.. you like...when you have to pay Mahomes and Jones.. cheap.

Like is an understatement.

Reid has never gone RB in the 1st. Ever.

They don’t do this if they don’t think they have a guy that’s going to be an elite RB.

ArrowheadMagic
04-24-2020, 01:12 AM
Is it so hard to figure out..that the fucking GM that traded up for Mahomes ... won a fucking SB... is signing Chris Jones.. didnt pick the bpa.. for this offense?..andy reid pick. For a god damn team that just won the super bowl.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 01:12 AM

They don’t do this if they don’t think they have a guy that’s going to be an elite RB.

Correct Reid has never done this but this clearly shows Veach is in charge of all personnel and can we stop with the notion that Veach is a yes man and Reid tells him what to do

staylor26
04-24-2020, 01:13 AM
Correct Reid has never done this but this clearly shows Veach is in charge of all personnel and can we stop with the notion that Veach is a yes man and Reid tells him what to do

Anybody who thought that is a fucking moron.

Anybody who still thinks that is fucking retarded.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 01:15 AM
Anybody who thought that is a ****ing moron.

Anybody who still thinks that is ****ing retarded.

For reals. I swear half of CP still thinks this way. Veach is on his way when it’s all said and done with he will be on the Mount Rushmore of GMs

Basileus777
04-24-2020, 01:16 AM
It's the 32nd fucking pick. Ranting about this pick on principle like we were drafting a RB in the top 10 is absurd.

Simply Red
04-24-2020, 01:18 AM
Conventional theory is RB positional value sucks in the first, but I mean when you're picking 32nd who gives a ****. Go wild.

I like it when you go wild.

ArrowheadMagic
04-24-2020, 01:19 AM

Veach knows his contracts. We picked up some decent WRs LY in udfa.

ArrowheadMagic
04-24-2020, 01:22 AM
Our offense just went to another level.

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2020, 01:22 AM
****ing looks like Kareem.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Agility and balance ++ <a href="https://t.co/Z8uoZpVSpC">pic.twitter.com/Z8uoZpVSpC</a></p>&mdash; Craig Stout (@barleyhop) <a href="https://twitter.com/barleyhop/status/1253566553913733120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's like priest Holmes with a little bit of hunt. Not only because he can catch but his burst looks ridiculous. This guy's feet look a lot quicker than kareems.

Kiimo
04-24-2020, 01:41 AM
Honestly his feet remind me of Emmitt Smith

TimeForWasp
04-24-2020, 01:49 AM
so wonder what now comes of Darwin T. / Darrel W. and Washington??

maybe get traded tomorrow.

eDave
04-24-2020, 01:53 AM
Adds context to Pat's tweet before the pic came in:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">�������� <a href="https://t.co/9ZnxzAaZ4z">pic.twitter.com/9ZnxzAaZ4z</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/status/1253536421052366850?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mahomes_Is_God
04-24-2020, 01:55 AM
The more I read about this dude the more I think this is the absolute best turnout for us in the first round. GREATNESS.

St. Patty's Fire
04-24-2020, 02:22 AM
Waking up to this pick was amazing

Somehow this offense is gonna be more insane

Fuck i cant wait until September

SAGA45
04-24-2020, 02:29 AM
I can't consume enough footage of this dude. He will be loading the equipment guys with bags of ankles after every game.

suzzer99
04-24-2020, 02:52 AM

Bienemy does not mess around.

TwistedChief
04-24-2020, 02:59 AM
Well, this was an inspiring read....

From The Athletic's LSU beat writer (REMINDER: SUBSCRIBE FOR GREAT CONTENT):

By Brody Miller
LSU named Clyde Edwards-Helaire the team MVP. Think about that.

On a team with the Heisman Trophy winner, the Biletnikoff Award winner and the Thorpe Award winner — a team with six All-Americans — it was the 5-foot-8 running back, the three-star prospect in 2017 who many thought wouldn’t keep the starting job, who the national champions considered their most valuable player.

Because while Joe Burrow shattered records and Ja’Marr Chase dominated one top corner after another, Edwards-Helaire became the rock that made this whole thing work.

When the offense stalled against Auburn trailing 13-10, it was because of Edwards-Helaire that coordinators Steve Ensminger and Joe Brady said, “Let’s pound them this drive. We’re just going to run the ball and see if they can stop it.” He ran it four consecutive times for 22 yards, then 12, then 6, then 5 on the way to the end zone.

Or when LSU had Alabama on its tail in Tuscaloosa as it gave away a huge lead, it was Edwards-Helaire who stretched his hands for that third-and-10 pass, made several defenders miss and made the most important first down of the night. It was Edwards-Helaire who spun out of Crimson Tide tackles and scored four touchdowns with 180 yards. He had nine catches that night.

It was Edwards-Helaire who dragged four defenders for seven yards to gain that game-clinching first down for one of the biggest LSU wins in decades. That was the night Burrow became the clear Heisman frontrunner, but many in that stadium remember Edwards-Helaire as the man who pushed LSU past Alabama.

That underrated, 5-foot-8 running back was selected by the Chiefs in the first round with the 32nd pick of the NFL Draft on Thursday, finalizing the leap that so few foresaw when the 2019 season started.

No, most people seemed sure Edwards-Helaire would lose the starting job by midseason. Most people doubted he was a “premier back.” They thought he was small and that he didn’t have much upside. But people around LSU kept confidently saying, “Clyde is our running back.” Their confidence was surprising.

Then, he went out and rushed for 1,414 yards and 16 touchdowns while catching 55 passes for 453 yards. He became a top NFL Draft prospect.

That’s why, after LSU took down Alabama, an emotional Edwards-Helaire had his moment.

“It proves I’m an every-down back,” he said. “I’m an SEC back. You know I had that doubt coming in to LSU. ‘He’s not big enough, he’s not gonna be fast enough,’ but you know, everybody can measure the things they see but they can’t measure your heart, and that’s what I live by.”

Yes, it’s true Edwards-Helaire is only 5-foot-8, but he’s also 209 pounds and can squat 600. He ran a 4.60-second 40-yard dash at the combine, but experts say his overall testing numbers are off the charts.

Butkus Award-winning linebacker Devin White once said Edwards-Helaire was so hard to tackle because defenders lose sight of him behind the larger bodies. Once a defender actually finds him, White said, two things can happen. One, he can lower his shoulder and run through you, as you’re not ready for him, or two, he hits you with his spin move that defenders from Alabama to Texas have fallen victim to. Edwards-Helaire led the SEC in broken tackle percentage, according to Sports Info Solutions.

“I always felt like that was a part of my game that I’ve never really had to worry about, the first guy, because I’m usually making him miss,” he said in September.

Edwards-Helaire doesn’t look like the prototypical running back. He’s not big. He’s not somebody who is gonna hit a hole and take off for 50 yards. But Edwards-Helaire is the modern back, a guy who can rush for 6.5 yards per carry, catch 55 passes and block well. He’s complete.

BWillie
04-24-2020, 03:21 AM
I like the pick of an RB but its retarded for value. You could have traded down to middle to late 2nd round and still got this guy.

It is my belief hes the best RB for our system outside of Swift but that doesn't mean you disregard value. Nobody else wanted this guy until at least pick 47.

BWillie
04-24-2020, 03:27 AM
It's the 32nd ****ing pick. Ranting about this pick on principle like we were drafting a RB in the top 10 is absurd.

I like the pick. Swift or this guys. Im not going to complain. The OSU rb was a bad fit and the Wisconsin RB wasn't the best fit. The issue is if you go for this guy you can STILL get him 20 picks later with 90% certainty. By not trading down or picking him later the rest of the league has exploiting you in value.

He very well may be the best thing to happen to our offense since Mahomes but its still foolish value when you could have got him later for no problem.

Its like if your favorite steak is 25 dollara, but nobody else likes it and you still offer to pay the restaurant 50 dollara anyway.

Mahomes_Is_God
04-24-2020, 03:29 AM
I like the pick. Swift or this guys. Im not going to complain. The OSU rb was a bad fit and the Wisconsin RB wasn't the best fit. The issue is if you go for this guy you can STILL get him 20 picks later with 90% certainty. By not trading down or picking him later the rest of the league has exploiting you in value.

He very well may be the best thing to happen to our offense since Mahomes but its still foolish value when you could have got him later for no problem.

Its like if your favorite steak is 25 dollara, but nobody else likes it and you still offer to pay the restaurant 50 dollara anyway.

ROAST IN PISS!

TwistedChief
04-24-2020, 03:33 AM

Wow, that's a really good point. I'm sure Veach never thought about it in terms of restaurant-quality steak.

suzzer99
04-24-2020, 03:45 AM
ROAST IN PISS!

That's a new one.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 03:47 AM
Congrats Detox, you got your man.

The only thing I'm going to say here in this thread, because it's about him, is that he fits the offense perfectly. He's a prototype for a Reid back and he's going to definitely help Pat and that group tremendously. All my other thoughts don't' much matter at this point.

Oh and PS to a few people... Veach didn't draft Mahomes, just sayin'.

AussieChiefsFan
04-24-2020, 03:51 AM
Love this pick. Going RB at 32 was definitely the exciting option.

We sure up the line and this offence will once again be on a whole other level.

Keen to see how the rest of the draft pans out

CupidStunt
04-24-2020, 04:00 AM
BWillie is that guy who you know could be smart, he's got a good brain, but there's a switch somewhere up there that's just permanently stuck on stupid.

MahomesMagic
04-24-2020, 04:27 AM
I loved this player but also thought we would consider Swift or Dobbins.

Based on the remarks by Veach and Reid CEH as a receiver/all around weapon moved CEH into must have toy for the offense.

Nickhead
04-24-2020, 04:31 AM
Bienemy does not mess around.

i haven't read the rest of the most recent posts, but...

is that all you took out of that interview?

how about the fact veach asked mahomes opinion on whom to draft.

that's fucking awesome!! :thumb:

FloridaMan88
04-24-2020, 04:33 AM
I liked Swift a little better, but CEH will no doubt be a stud in this offense.

Couch-Potato
04-24-2020, 04:34 AM
I liked Swift a little better, but CEH will no doubt be a stud in this offense.

Same, but I trust in Veach and Reid.

FloridaMan88
04-24-2020, 04:35 AM
I like the pick of an RB but its retarded for value. You could have traded down to middle to late 2nd round and still got this guy.

It is my belief hes the best RB for our system outside of Swift but that doesn't mean you disregard value. Nobody else wanted this guy until at least pick 47.

A typical dumbshit drafturbator “value” obsession.

mdchiefsfan
04-24-2020, 05:06 AM
The “value” argument has some solid ground in a vacuum, but two parties are needed for a trade. They added some great talent to the team and they’ve earned my benefit of the doubt.

rabblerouser
04-24-2020, 05:14 AM
I like the pick of an RB but its retarded for value.

YOU would be fucking retarded for value, if you had any value.

rabblerouser
04-24-2020, 05:15 AM
Wow, that's a really good point. I'm sure Veach never thought about it in terms of restaurant-quality steak.

ROFL
LMAO

MahomesMagic
04-24-2020, 05:18 AM
I'm just glad we got a good football player. Keep adding those and the draft takes care of itself.

rabblerouser
04-24-2020, 05:25 AM
Well sure - but a poster named frozenchief, who still hasn't figured out how to give himself an avatar, is pretty sure this is a bad pick.

So I don't know who to believe.

frozenqueef is ULi'lQueefyBurger.

UChieffyBugger
04-24-2020, 05:45 AM
No-one knows how this is gonna play out in terms of Ceh, Swift, Taylor and Dobbins and who has the best career. But honestly watching Swift's tape left me underwhelmed. He's quick, can catch the ball and his cuts can be deadly but I never saw anything truly special about him tbh. Taylor is not really a great scheme fit and his fumbles, workload and lack of receiving production obviously worked against him. Dobbins was someone I watched closely and he was electric as a runner and very tough...not as gifted catching the ball as Ceh though which probably made the difference.

All in all I'm very happy with this pick..Ceh's stop-start skills honestly reminds me of Barry Sanders...it's crazy. His ability as a WR is also top class..his receiving stats last season were actually better than Mccafrey in his last year in collage. The fact Pat chose him speaks volumes too.

UChieffyBugger
04-24-2020, 05:48 AM
frozenqueef is ULi'lQueefyBurger.

Lol babbleLOSER still crying wolf to the mods i see!!!...what a silly douche he is :D

Demonpenz
04-24-2020, 05:59 AM
Reid could scheme me to get 4 ypc so the pick is good. Hope he gets reps at WR

tyreekthefreak
04-24-2020, 06:05 AM
This pick sort of makes the Thompson pick last year irrelevant. Two small RBs. I know Thompson was not picking up the offense to well last year but man, they are a lot alike IMO.

Tribal Warfare
04-24-2020, 06:11 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YAS-xC0iguM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TEX
04-24-2020, 06:19 AM
YOU would be ****ing retarded for value, if you had any value.

:LOL:

Demonpenz
04-24-2020, 06:20 AM
This pick sort of makes the Thompson pick last year irrelevant. Two small RBs. I know Thompson was not picking up the offense to well last year but man, they are a lot alike IMO.

thought the same thing.

Why Not?
04-24-2020, 06:23 AM

Yeah, if Thompson doesn’t absolutely ball out in camp(if that’s even a thing this year)I think he’s gone. I get that he was a rookie but the mental mistakes late in the season were unacceptable. The failure to get eyes on Pat as the hot read and the fact that it sure seemed to me that he thought he couldn’t advance the fumbled KO in the Texans game(go back and watch that. He should’ve scored on that play. He hesitated on the return when no one was near him yet)stick out the most.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 06:32 AM

You don't make a 1st round selection based off how you feel about your 6th rounder.

Damian
CEH
Washington

Those 3 are locked for the roster, they may keep 1 more and let all the other guys battle out or they may all be gone but this is a remade RB room.

JohnnyHammersticks
04-24-2020, 06:38 AM
Good Morning Football gushing about our pick. Schrager said we won the draft.

TRR
04-24-2020, 06:39 AM

Similar size, but different players entirely. Thompson is also the only RB under contract after this season.

I love CEH as a running back. He will have immediate success in Reid’s offense, runs much bigger than his size, and is a talented pass catcher. I don’t care that they took a RB with the last pick of the first round. What I’m hesitant about is if CEH is the best back in the draft with all of them available. Time will tell.

We know what this offense was with Kareem Hunt. Clyde Edwards-Helaire is not a Kareem Hunt type back...which leaves a little uncertainty.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 06:47 AM
I thought Swift was a little more explosive but also had more issues with injuries, all in all can't be mad at the pick the top RBs are all grouped right together, Taylor has great long speed and he runs well but more wear and he isn't a weapon in the receiving game.

tyreekthefreak
04-24-2020, 06:47 AM
You don't make a 1st round selection based off how you feel about your 6th rounder.

Damian
CEH
Washington

Those 3 are locked for the roster, they may keep 1 more and let all the other guys battle out or they may all be gone but this is a remade RB room.

Good point about 1st versus 6th....but they were very high on Thompson last year. Can you not teach the mental aspect of the game?

I guess I'm more disappointed that Thompson appears to be a bust.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 06:48 AM
Good point about 1st versus 6th....but they were very high on Thompson last year. Can you not teach the mental aspect of the game?

I guess I'm more disappointed that Thompson appears to be a bust.

Missing on a 6 isn't a bust, it has about the same likelyhood of success as a UDFA.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
04-24-2020, 06:51 AM
How does it feel to watch your new teammates get a ring? Probably hungry

jallmon
04-24-2020, 07:03 AM
A 1st Round RB!? Great! This offense is going to be even more exciting. Video above (The Call), Clyde sounds like a fine young man, and EB with RB coach are ready for him.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:08 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clyde Edwards-Helaire is only about 5-7 and 205, raising questions about whether he will ever be a regular featured back. The Chiefs and GM Brett Veach doesn&#39;t have those doubts.<br><br>&quot;We certainly view this guy as a franchise-type running back,” Veach said.</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1253671553893572608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kchero
04-24-2020, 07:09 AM

Need a partner to trade down with... Veach was pretty clear that there weren’t any adequate offers.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 07:11 AM
Said this several times, the idea you can just move down is a bit stupid, someone else has to want your pick.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:12 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Veach giving Mahomes CEH to complete the infinity gauntlet <a href="https://t.co/7Zgr1ngS2v">pic.twitter.com/7Zgr1ngS2v</a></p>&mdash; CSW��Superbowl Champions �� (@ChampagneWhiles) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChampagneWhiles/status/1253665038650540032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:12 AM
Dude is already smarter than Darwin

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One thing I&#39;m sure Chiefs like about CEH is that he&#39;s very football smart. Up 3, with 2:30 left, against Auburn, he could fight for ever yard but, once he gets the first down, he slides to make sure he stays in bounds. <a href="https://t.co/EF3PBhwtpW">pic.twitter.com/EF3PBhwtpW</a></p>&mdash; ChieflyBacon (@3GravyCats) <a href="https://twitter.com/3GravyCats/status/1253652698525847553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

smithandrew051
04-24-2020, 07:15 AM
I’m getting Marshall Faulk vibes from this pick.

Through his 4 best seasons he averaged like 1,300 rushing yards, 800 receiving yards, and 85 catches.

If we even get 60% of that, then this is a fantastic pick.

Chiefs4TheWin
04-24-2020, 07:15 AM
Dude had 438 touches in his career. Only 1 fumble

I like this stat.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-24-2020, 07:18 AM
Good Morning Football gushing about our pick. Schrager said we won the draft.

Nice!!! :thumb:

bigjosh
04-24-2020, 07:21 AM
I liked this pick alot last night.

After hearing his phone call and seeing that pat called his shot with this kid i fucking love this pick.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 07:22 AM
I’m getting Marshall Faulk vibes from this pick.

Through his 4 best seasons he averaged like 1,300 rushing yards, 800 receiving yards, and 85 catches.

If we even get 60% of that, then this is a fantastic pick.

He doesn't have that kind of elite speed.

TNTEICHER
04-24-2020, 07:23 AM
A couple of reasons picking a RB at 32 makes sense.
Without an off season program a running back can still step in and be productive quickly.
The 5th year allows the Chiefs to keep him for 5 years and move on without dropping huge money on a RB.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:23 AM
Since Veach asked Mahomes who he wants do you think he will ask Honey Badger who he wants today. Hey Tyrann give me a couple names for DBs

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:25 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is what makes him special. Immediate pressure from the DT and he jump cuts two gaps to the right, forces the CB to commit to the outside then cuts back through the B gap. Breaks a tackle then shows off more contact balance to get in the end zone. He&#39;s got it all <a href="https://t.co/Li9soQHzzK">pic.twitter.com/Li9soQHzzK</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Harms (@D_Harms19) <a href="https://twitter.com/D_Harms19/status/1228724607600992256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca
04-24-2020, 07:28 AM
Since Veach asked Mahomes who he wants do you think he will ask Honey Badger who he wants today. Hey Tyrann give me a couple names for DBs

LOL, last night Mathieu was all about them taking a safety so he'd have more freedom.

PAChiefsGuy
04-24-2020, 07:29 AM
Crazy how so many people on here talked about never taking an RB in the 1st round before the draft. Now that Veach does it he is a genius.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 07:31 AM
Crazy how so many people on here talked about never taking an RB in the 1st round before the draft. Now that Veach does it he is a genius.

Now now there were several of us who thought it was a legit option.

wazu
04-24-2020, 07:31 AM
I’ve decided I’m good with this pick. Cringed at a round 1 RB last night but it was #32, and seems like an outstanding fit.

ChiefRedStick
04-24-2020, 07:32 AM
He’s going to be so good in this offense.
Yep, other teams won't know if he's a runner, receiver, blocker, or just a decoy. He can pretty much play where needed and do a great job!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:33 AM
LOL, last night Mathieu was all about them taking a safety so he'd have more freedom.

I think HB will be pleased after tonight’s results. Logan Wilson and Bryce Hall please

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:35 AM
Which teams do you think it was?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;It&#39;s not often the Super Bowl champs win the first night of the Draft. The <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> got one of the most dynamic playmakers--and maybe my favorite--in the entire Draft in Clyde Edwards-Helaire. You return 20 of 22 starters and get another stud? C&#39;mon.&quot; -<a href="https://twitter.com/PSchrags?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PSchrags</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ArrowheadPride</a> <a href="https://t.co/kAPVoQI52X">pic.twitter.com/kAPVoQI52X</a></p>&mdash; GMFB (@gmfb) <a href="https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1253655872967933952?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dirk digler
04-24-2020, 07:39 AM
Andy Reid:

“We asked Pat Mahomes who do you want and he picked you!”

That is FUCKING AWESOME

mdchiefsfan
04-24-2020, 07:40 AM
I liked this pick alot last night.

After hearing his phone call and seeing that pat called his shot with this kid i fucking love this pick.

Where did you see that?

MahomesMagic
04-24-2020, 07:41 AM
Where did you see that?

I think it was Veach talking to CEH on his draft call.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:41 AM
Where did you see that?

Look up the call. It’s on KC Chiefs YouTube page. Veach said Pat pick a player and he said Clyde. Veach said good we were thinking the same thing

TwistedChief
04-24-2020, 07:42 AM
I think I've seen 6 different draft grades of ours, and 4 of them are A's. To me that just speaks volumes given the conventional wisdom of RBs in the first round, etc etc. This guy is just such a perfect and exciting fit for our offense -- which was obviously already other-wordly -- that it gets graded on a separate scale.

mdchiefsfan
04-24-2020, 07:43 AM
Without an off season program a running back can still step in and be productive quickly.
The 5th year allows the Chiefs to keep him for 5 years and move on without dropping huge money on a RB.

Great point. Welcome to CP. Rep.

mdchiefsfan
04-24-2020, 07:44 AM
Look up the call. It’s on KC Chiefs YouTube page. Veach said Pat pick a player and he said Clyde. Veach said good we were thinking the same thing

Will do. Thanks.

MahomesMagic
04-24-2020, 07:48 AM
GMFB mentioned that when the Chiefs grabbed CEH many teams were mad and frustrated as they were hoping to snag him Day 2 early.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:48 AM
Joe Burrow said CEH is the best player he’s ever played with

RunKC
04-24-2020, 07:51 AM
I legitimately think CEH’s game against Alabama last Fall is the best tape of any prospect in this draft.

Holy shit

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:54 AM
Good god.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Up 5. One minute left. Opponent has 2 timeouts. Need that first down. <a href="https://t.co/MbAXQACVEQ">pic.twitter.com/MbAXQACVEQ</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1253552545739522048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 07:57 AM

I wasn't big on the idea.

but as I've also said, I think Veach and Reid have earned my trust.

Watching Helaire video all morning, I see why they were thrilled to pull the trigger.

He's got elite vision and good lord, that lateral quickness and ability to make people miss is really something.

With a less than stellar line, a back like this is what you need. He makes people miss.

I ain't gonna argue with it. Welcome Clyde the Glide, the fresh Prince of Helaire.

Now get me a LB, a CB and a couple of fatties and I'm happy. :)

IowaHawkeyeChief
04-24-2020, 07:57 AM
I love this kid!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Throw your body over the line and your heart will follow” -Clyde Edwards Helaire <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/baller?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#baller</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/rolemodel?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#rolemodel</a> <a href="https://t.co/06hJsn6c7Z">https://t.co/06hJsn6c7Z</a></p>&mdash; Audrey Hillman (@audreyhillman71) <a href="https://twitter.com/audreyhillman71/status/1253539627581034496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
If you didn't watch the above, watch it, amazing...

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 07:58 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You don’t invest in JP Morgan friends , you invest in JP Morgan. I.e Patrick Mahomes provides limitless amounts of potential so you load him up. For years!!!!! Watch the seed ( pat mahomes) produce fruit</p>&mdash; Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/1253544884562276352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FloridaMan88
04-24-2020, 07:58 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clyde Edwards-Helaire is only about 5-7 and 205, raising questions about whether he will ever be a regular featured back. The Chiefs and GM Brett Veach doesn&#39;t have those doubts.<br><br>&quot;We certainly view this guy as a franchise-type running back,” Veach said.</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1253671553893572608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Adam Teicher has to have an auto-negative response ready to anything the Chiefs do.

Marcellus
04-24-2020, 07:59 AM

Veach has earned the benefit of the doubt, everyone else is just a poster on a message board. And I don't see anyone calling him a "genius" for the pick.

FloridaMan88
04-24-2020, 08:03 AM
I’ve decided I’m good with this pick. Cringed at a round 1 RB last night but it was #32, and seems like an outstanding fit.

CEH will be a versatile RB and add numerous dimensions to the Chiefs offense.

Also it's not like they used a top 10 pick in the first round on a RB... it was at #32.

neech
04-24-2020, 08:04 AM
Said this several times, the idea you can just move down is a bit stupid, someone else has to want your pick.

It takes two to Tango as the saying goes.

BigRedChief
<twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1253082290554454017"></twitter-widget> <script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">CEH caught 15 more passes than Henry Ruggs last season. <br><br>CEH is a running back. <br><br>Ruggs was the first WR taken in the draft.</p>&mdash; 🎙 (@LanceTHESPOKEN) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceTHESPOKEN/status/1253676490962632704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp><iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.6787510241df65d128e2b60207ad4c25.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

MahomesMagic
CEH will be a versatile RB and add numerous dimensions to the Chiefs offense.

Also it's not like they used a top 10 pick in the first round on a RB... it was at #32.

Good point and what made me excited was the idea that CEH in the Reid offense is a WR too.

mlyonsd
04-24-2020, 08:05 AM
I can't imagine getting drafted by the reigning SB champs and being told on the draft call that you were the guy Patrick ****ing Mahomes wanted.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 08:09 AM
I can't imagine getting drafted by the reigning SB champs and being told on the draft call that you were the guy Patrick ****ing Mahomes wanted.

This guy's going to run through walls for Patrick.

Shields68
04-24-2020, 08:10 AM

How the draft ended up the best value at the time was S's, DT's or RB's

Rb's probably best fit if confident Jones is resigning.

FloridaMan88
04-24-2020, 08:11 AM
Green Bay did not draft an offensive skill position player in the first round during Aaron Rodgers' 15 year career until last night (which was a QBOTF).

It's great to see that Veach is not going to make that same mistake, and instead will continue to surround Mahomes with as much weaponry as possible.

Stryker
04-24-2020, 08:15 AM
From Baton Rouge to Kansas City - another gift from us to you! ;)

I never expected this draft pick at all but man am I glad they selected him. This is going to be awesome!

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 08:17 AM
also, on a positive note, UChieffybugger will shut the fuck up now.

neech
04-24-2020, 08:18 AM
Does he have a nickname in college? Typing out that name is a lot of work for my fingers.

"The Bull" would be nice perhaps.

Bwana
04-24-2020, 08:20 AM
also, on a positive note, UChieffybugger will shut the **** up now.

LMAO

I highly doubt that.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 08:23 AM
Does he have a nickname in college? Typing out that name is a lot of work for my fingers.

"The Bull" would be nice perhaps.

What about AstroClyde. Like Astroglyde because he’s so slippery when trying to tackle him

kcclone
04-24-2020, 08:23 AM
I look at this guy as protection for Mahomes. At times last year, we had very little ability to run the ball, which allows the defense to tee off on the pass rush. We know Williams is talented, but he's often injured, and in his last year under contract.

lawrenceRaider
04-24-2020, 08:25 AM
B- from Prisco — fuck ya self

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-draft-grades-and-complete-analysis-for-every-first-round-pick/amp/

Prisco is a moron.

I was hoping the Raider traded back from 19 picking up a 2nd rounder, and drafted this guy. With Jacobs and Helaire in the backfield, Raiders O would have been stupid, especially with the Ruggs pick.

Mecca
What about AstroClyde. Like Astroglyde because he’s so slippery when trying to tackle him

You want to name the RB after anal lube.......uhh.....

neech

I liked the phone call a lot.

PHOG
04-24-2020, 08:28 AM
Another caveat, Clyde has the top wonderlic score (except for some smart ass from BC) and some of the others are dismal.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/04/running-back-wonderlic-exam/

RealSNR
04-24-2020, 08:30 AM
Schrager on Good Morning Football:

"There were teams ripping up papers and shouting expletives, FURIOUS that the Chiefs got Clyde Edwards-Helaire like that. They were gearing up to trade up in the 2nd for him, and all of that planning went out the window"

tyreekthefreak
04-24-2020, 08:32 AM
I look at this guy as protection for Mahomes. At times last year, we had very little ability to run the ball, which allows the defense to tee off on the pass rush. We know Williams is talented, but he's often injured, and in his last year under contract.

Still won't be able to run the ball if the O-line doesn't improve. How many times did we run it straight up the gut for no gain last year???

Answer....A ton!

TomBarndtsTwin
04-24-2020, 08:34 AM
I liked the phone call a lot.

Interesting listening to that phone call. Seems like they were hyper-focused on CEH all along and he was the pick, barring a great trade offer from someone else to move down a little.

Makes me think that if Queen had lasted till 32, they still would have taken CEH.

Veach and company have earned our trust and the offense is going to be even more exciting to watch.

kcclone
04-24-2020, 08:37 AM
Still won't be able to run the ball if the O-line doesn't improve. How many times did we run it straight up the gut for no gain last year???

Answer....A ton!

Agree with that to some degree, but we had a banged up OL and no starting RB for a good chunk of the year. Get Rankin back and that helps. Hopefully we can find a contributor on the IOL in the draft still. Hopefully Allegretti is ready to roll this year.

Keeping the OL in tact is helpful as well, especially with an abbreviated pre-season.

FringeNC
Not sure if it has been mentioned in the thread, but Joe Burrow said that CEH was clearly the best athlete on the team, and said he'd have a 20-year NFL career. The latter is unlikely, but the former is nice to know.

pugsnotdrugs19
What I do like even from the perspective of him being a RB is he is probably going to be equally as much a WR in this offense. It’ll be more like McCaffrey than it will Ezekiel Elliott.

I just don’t see teams holding this offense under 27. It’s going to be 2018 all over again.

Shields68
04-24-2020, 08:39 AM
Interesting listening to that phone call. Seems like they were hyper-focused on CEH all along and he was the pick, barring a great trade offer from someone else to move down a little.

Makes me think that if Queen had lasted till 32, they still would have taken CEH.

Veach and company have earned our trust and the offense is going to be even more exciting to watch.

It always sounds like the guy was always the pick after the fact. But it also could be a correct assessment that Queen was not going to last to 32 and giving up a 2nd or 3rd to move up was not smart.

Buckweath
04-24-2020, 08:39 AM

Answer....A ton!

If Veach can draft an IOL in the 2nd to 4th round, I'll feel good about the offense across the board.

The offensive line should be the weakest part but good enough to do what you have to do.

Shields68
04-24-2020, 08:41 AM
What I do like even from the perspective of him being a RB is he is probably going to be equally as much a WR in this offense. It’ll be more like McCaffrey than it will Ezekiel Elliott.

I just don’t see teams holding this offense under 27. It’s going to be 2018 all over again.

Yeah I see a lot of McCaffrey on tape. Run the Wr deep and have him abuse the LB's in coverage with his quickness of getting into and out of cuts.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 08:44 AM

Answer....A ton!

I know, and now we have NO chance to improve in that area!

chill.

Dayze
04-24-2020, 08:45 AM
sounds like CEH has a really good personality for this team. If that's the right wording etc. Isn't all aloof and goofy; seems like he's a good kid.

RunKC
04-24-2020, 08:47 AM
Ah so this guy watched this dudes tape embarrassing a powerhouse program like Bama.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One coach told me new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire was the best player he saw on tape in this draft: <br>&quot;He&#39;s such a playmaker. He’s a good ball-carrier, but his value in the pass game is pretty substantial. He never gets tackled by the first guy.&quot;<br><br>Another toy for Andy Reid.</p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1253537645621325824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

banyon
04-24-2020, 08:48 AM
I was hoping for the Fulton kid, but after watching the film it just jumps off the page at you. I’m good

RedSea90
04-24-2020, 08:52 AM
Veach asked Mahomes around 5pm “who do you want? “ Mahomes didn’t hesitate to say Helaire. Sounds like he was the focus all along. Guys, were already at that point where they ask Mahomes who the pick will be hahaha. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IowaHawkeyeChief
04-24-2020, 08:54 AM

I don't think it's that, I wanted a fatty and loved Ezra Cleveland, but I think the Chiefs were set on a CB, LB or RB. There was a run on LB's and CB's the 12 picks before. I also was thinking swift, but once you watch tape on both for our offense, I love this pick.

jd1020
04-24-2020, 09:02 AM
I don't think it's that, I wanted a fatty and loved Ezra Cleveland, but I think the Chiefs were set on a CB, LB or RB. There was a run on LB's and CB's the 12 picks before. I also was thinking swift, but once you watch tape on both for our offense, I love this pick.

I havent done fuck all in looking at prospects but when the Chiefs pick was getting near I took a gander at the board and I was really surprised when a lot of people were calling for Swift. After all the shit McCoy was getting for fumbles people were wanting a guy who reportedly had one of the worst carry to fumble ratios? Interesting.

Glad we didnt go that route.

Sounds like CEH is a 3 down back who can change direction on a dime, hard to tackle, doesnt fumble, and good in the pass game. Sounds like a much better RB to me.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-24-2020, 09:05 AM
Gonna be firmly in the ROYconversation. You cant cover this guy coming out of the backfield and one guy doesnt bring himdown. He's the best receiving RB to come in years. The fit in this offense in ridiculous. I didnt know that about him coming out. Schrager says he may have been his favorite player in this draft. Mahomes unstoppable next year.

Gotta say it one more time. His route running, cuts, catching out of the backfield is truly elite. He's on his own level in that regard. And this kid routinely in space will crush the soul of any defense. Guranteed. Chiefs won the draft on this pick, per Schrager.

IowaHawkeyeChief
04-24-2020, 09:06 AM
I havent done **** all in looking at prospects but when the Chiefs pick was getting near I took a gander at the board and I was really surprised when a lot of people were calling for Swift. After all the shit McCoy was getting for fumbles people were wanting a guy who reportedly had one of the worst carry to fumble ratios? Interesting.

Glad we didnt go that route.

Sounds like CEH is a 3 down back who can change direction on a dime, hard to tackle, doesnt fumble, and good in the pass game. Sounds like a much better RB to me.

and I think he had only 1 fumble in college.

smithandrew051
04-24-2020, 09:07 AM
Gonna be firmly in the ROYconversation. You cant cover this guy coming out of the backfield and one guy doesnt bring himdown. He's the best receiving RB to come in years.

And he’s going to the perfect situation. We have the deep and intermediate threats to create space for him.

IowaHawkeyeChief
04-24-2020, 09:08 AM
One thing from watching him in the 'Bama game... I hope we stay far away from Diggs in this draft.

duncan_idaho
04-24-2020, 09:10 AM

Answer....A ton!

CEH is a very different runner than Damien Williams or even Shady.

Williams is a one-cut speed guy. He needs a hole to accelerate through. I wouldn't consider him shifty, though he does have decent power and can break tackles.

With his ELITE stop-start-initial burst, paired with his patience and ability to set up blocks, CEH can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

That shiftiness and elusiveness will make the OL look better than it is simply because he can create things even when there is no initial hole.

duncan_idaho
04-24-2020, 09:11 AM
and I think he had only 1 fumble in college.

Yeah. Something like 450 touches and only 1 fumble.

JohnnyHammersticks
04-24-2020, 09:12 AM
It always sounds like the guy was always the pick after the fact. But it also could be a correct assessment that Queen was not going to last to 32 and giving up a 2nd or 3rd to move up was not smart.

Agreed. Giving up a 2nd in this loaded draft is like giving up a mid-to-late 1st in most drafts.

The Franchise
This kid is going to be on fire on Reid’s screen passes. Holy shit.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Our 1-2 combo is deadly

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damien Williams was one of the best RB&#39;s in the league in 2019, when he was on the field. <br><br>Rush attempts per broken tackle leaders:<br><br>1. Alvin Kamara 5.9<br>2. Damien Williams 7.4 ��<br>3. Aaron Jones 7.4<br>4. Ronald Jones 7.5</p>&mdash; ThirdStringQB (@Third_String_QB) <a href="https://twitter.com/Third_String_QB/status/1251981690014064640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kccrow
04-24-2020, 09:13 AM
Putting up numbers like Westbrook did out of the backfield as a receiver is what would make this pick worth a 1st rounder. I think that's the overall appeal to Veach in Reid is how good he was in college in that regard. Improving the run game has nowhere near the correlation with winning as does improving passing efficiency and effectiveness, and CEH may just provide that. I'm hoping for it.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 09:16 AM
Putting up numbers like Westbrook did out of the backfield as a receiver is what would make this pick worth a 1st rounder. I think that's the overall appeal to Veach in Reid is how good he was in college in that regard. Improving the run game has nowhere near the correlation with winning as does improving passing efficiency and effectiveness, and CEH may just provide that. I'm hoping for it.

I think he’s going to improve the passing game out of the backfield and also improve the short yardage game as well. He’s not a bulldozer but he has the vision and the burst to pick the hole and accelerate through it.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-24-2020, 09:20 AM

Screen passes, wheel routes, even short stop routes are lethal with his change of direction and quickness. Teams will consider putting one of their better cover safeties on him only to remember they still got Kelce and Reek to deal with. There is no good answer.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 09:22 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brett Veach also said that when the draft got within 5-6 selections from the Chiefs, Eric Bieniemy started texting him saying, “Go get him, bro!&quot;</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadAddict/status/1253690580258914309?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2020, 09:23 AM
I'm perfectly fine with a running back after Murray and Ruiz were gone.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Screen passes, wheel routes, even short stop routes are lethal with his change of direction and quickness. Teams will consider putting one of their better cover safeties on him only to remember they still got Kelce and Reek to deal with. There is no good answer.

Then you still got to deal with Mecole and Sammy

ThyKingdomCome15
Per Schrager, CEH was going early to mid second. This is not a reach at all. More than one GM was throwing clipboards at this pick. Simms said this was the best RB in the draft.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-24-2020, 09:24 AM
Then you still got to deal with Mecole and Sammy

Amen brother

tredadda
04-24-2020, 09:25 AM

Except you forget about the value of the fifth year option. If this kid is as good as most believe he will be then we will all be glad for that fifth year option.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 09:26 AM
Except you forget about the value of the fifth year option. If this kid is as good as most believe he will be then we will all be glad for that fifth year option.

Yep Veach said yesterday he’s excited to have CEH for the next five years

ThyKingdomCome15
04-24-2020, 09:28 AM
And he’s going to the perfect situation. We have the deep and intermediate threats to create space for him.

Amen brother

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 09:29 AM
What I’m hesitant about is if CEH is the best back in the draft with all of them available. Time will tell.

Well don't be. Watch all of those backs play every down. Not just highlights. But every down you can find. And then watch CEH. He's undeniably the best back. Here, Veach will explain why:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YAS-xC0iguM?start=85" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThyKingdomCome15

Truth :thumb:

RunKC

Used more as a receiver than even McCaffrey. This guy is going to be everywhere and will produce similar production. He’s going to be just like McCaffrey as a receiving back.

We’ll think of this dude as a small receiver rather than RB.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Over the last five years, I have only charted 6 running backs that have been split out wide as receivers on at least 20% of their routes:<br><br>* Marlon Mack (38%) <br>* Clyde Edwards-Helaire (35%)<br>* Christian McCaffrey (31%)<br>* Josh Jacobs (26%)<br>* C.J. Prosise (22%)<br>* Alvin Kamara (21%)</p>&mdash; Graham Barfield (@GrahamBarfield) <a href="https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/1253082290554454017?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
I’m not in this camp but there are people suggesting we trade Damien Williams. I think this would be dumb. Williams provides a lethal 1-2 combo with CEH

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 09:30 AM
I can see Clyde and D Will on the field at the same time. He’s like a Darren Sproles in the way he can be used

RunKC
04-24-2020, 09:32 AM
Well don't be. Watch all of those backs play every down. Not just highlights. But every down you can find. And then watch CEH. He's undeniably the best back. Here, Veach will explain why:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YAS-xC0iguM?start=85" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or just turn on his tape against Alabama and have your jaw drop to the floor.

It’s impossible not to love this guy after watching that game. It’s his “Mahomes vs LSU” tape

kcclone
04-24-2020, 09:33 AM
I'm perfectly fine with a running back after Murray and Ruiz were gone.

That's kind of where I was. Murray, Queen and Ruiz were gone, along with the first tier of CB's.

CEH will take pressure off of the pass rush. He's great insurance for when/if Damien Williams isn't 100%.

Shields68
I’m not in this camp but there are people suggesting we trade Damien Williams. I think this would be dumb. Williams provides a lethal 1-2 combo with CEH

Not like he brings much at this point. Have them both this year. See how it works and then if you don't want to bring Williams back in 2021 fine. But given injuries to the position being 3 deep is right where you need to be.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Fun little tidbit. Veach played against Brian Westbrook in college as a player

ThyKingdomCome15
Used more as a receiver than even McCaffrey. This guy is going to be everywhere and will produce similar production. He’s going to be just like McCaffrey as a receiving back.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Over the last five years, I have only charted 6 running backs that have been split out wide as receivers on at least 20% of their routes:<br><br>* Marlon Mack (38%) <br>* Clyde Edwards-Helaire (35%)<br>* Christian McCaffrey (31%)<br>* Josh Jacobs (26%)<br>* C.J. Prosise (22%)<br>* Alvin Kamara (21%)</p>&mdash; Graham Barfield (@GrahamBarfield) <a href="https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/1253082290554454017?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The context of your description is how they use to talk about Marshall Falk. Though I'm not making that comparison, different players. But the impact will be similiar.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 09:34 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our BMF GM Brett Veach:<br>-Intentionally leaked the Ruggs rumor on purpose to get the Raiders to get scared and draft him out of fear <br>-Got the PERFECT RB to stop the Cover 3 BS <br>-Got the ONE player our very own QB Mahomes asked for <br><br>And that was only Day ONE Chiefs Kingdom �� <a href="https://t.co/8cn9XtcgJ1">pic.twitter.com/8cn9XtcgJ1</a></p>&mdash; CHIEFS HIGHLIGHTS (@ChiefsHighlight) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsHighlight/status/1253683728100057089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JohnnyHammersticks
Liked the pick from the beginning, but the more I learn the more I love it. Smart, smart kid. Humble. Hungry. Incredible talent. Gonna fit perfectly on our team, in our scheme, and in the locker room.

Grand. Freaking. Slam.

#InVeachWeTrust

TwistedChief
There's a really good case to be made that if the Chiefs had been better in terms of ball security from their running banks and in short yardage situations, we would've been undefeated last year. This guy takes us over the top.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 09:37 AM

I think "best back" is a bit subjective. I don't think he's the best runner, but I think he's the best receiver out of the backfield in the class. That's probably most important when you look at the way KC is built though. He's effective running inside or outside, certainly. If this team were more run-heavy, I'd have to say Dobbins trumps him as a runner and is still a good receiver. Either way, we got him now so hopefully he comes through big, unlike that waste of a pick last year.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2020, 09:48 AM
I love the Westbrook comparison and love the pick for us. Put the offense over the top and never miss a beat.

They were talking on the NFL channel about how other teams were upset we took him because they were planning on taking him early in the second round. I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t the Bengals at 33.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-24-2020, 09:49 AM
Mahomes picked him as well.

stumppy
04-24-2020, 09:57 AM
That's kind of where I was. Murray, Queen and Ruiz were gone, along with the first tier of CB's.

CEH will take pressure off of the pass rush. He's great insurance for when/if Damien Williams isn't 100%.

I think you got that backwards. Williams, and his less than 3.0 ypa (after taking away two runs) will be taking a back seat to CEH.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 09:59 AM

Some more context here: LSU doesn't throw to running backs. That's not what they do.

Guise caught 32 passes in 3 years.

Fournette caught 31 passes in 3 years.

This kid caught 50 in one year. It's a testament to what LSU thought of him in the passing game.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 10:02 AM
Some more context here: LSU doesn't throw to running backs. That's not what they do.

Guise caught 32 passes in 3 years.

Fournette caught 31 passes in 3 years.

This kid caught 50 in one year. It's a testament to what LSU thought of him in the passing game.

While true, that’s also due to Joe Brady installing that Saints offense.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 10:05 AM
Or just turn on his tape against Alabama and have your jaw drop to the floor.

It’s impossible not to love this guy after watching that game. It’s his “Mahomes vs LSU” tape

If you really wanna see some good cut-ups, find his games vs Arkansas and Texas A&M.

The 'Bama game is obviously impressive due to the magnitude and the talent he was facing, but in terms of sheer entertainment the Arkansas and Texas A&M games are just LMAO LMAO LMAO

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 10:05 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our BMF GM Brett Veach:<br>-Intentionally leaked the Ruggs rumor on purpose to get the Raiders to get scared and draft him out of fear <br>-Got the PERFECT RB to stop the Cover 3 BS <br>-Got the ONE player our very own QB Mahomes asked for <br><br>And that was only Day ONE Chiefs Kingdom �� <a href="https://t.co/8cn9XtcgJ1">pic.twitter.com/8cn9XtcgJ1</a></p>&mdash; CHIEFS HIGHLIGHTS (@ChiefsHighlight) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsHighlight/status/1253683728100057089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I didn’t see it coming in the first, but hot damn it’s exciting

If we take Shenault next, holy shit...

notorious
04-24-2020, 10:12 AM
He is going to be a stud.

I didn’t know I could be this excited about a player.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-24-2020, 10:26 AM
I like his skill set better than Kareem, though they share several traits.

ChiTown
04-24-2020, 10:27 AM
I can't tell you how much I love this pick. CEH is a Swiss army knife. If he learns to pass block, he'll be a 3-down back in no time and playing ahead of Williams.

Veach is a ****ing stud.

SAGA45
04-24-2020, 10:37 AM
The “value” argument has some solid ground in a vacuum, but two parties are needed for a trade. They added some great talent to the team and they’ve earned my benefit of the doubt.

Agreed. I just hate it when people say "We could've traded down and still got him!" or "We could have picked this guy in a later round!" as if they have first-hand knowledge of some parallel universe in which that actually happened or were privy to the same information that the GM had regarding the intent of the other 31 teams. It's a ridiculous notion but it's a draft day guarantee somebody will say it when the pick isn't to their liking or goes against all the pre-draft simulators they toyed with.

mdchiefsfan
04-24-2020, 10:39 AM
Man, I am psyched for this pick. He has “it” in spades: great vision, initial burst, balance, and a nice addition of power for between the tackles.

His height combined with his ability to cut will make predicting the gap he is attacking damn near impossible.

While he may lack top-end speed, he is still lethal and will make you pay for a mistake. I’m happy to sacrifice elite top-end speed for elite burst and durability any day.

Welcome to KC, CEH :clap:

mdchiefsfan
04-24-2020, 10:40 AM

I called that in the draft thread. It was waaaay too much smoke all of a sudden.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 10:41 AM
Apparently Edwards Helaire killed a guy trying to rob him. Was in self defense. Damn not only did we get a stud but we got a stone cold killer as well

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2020, 10:42 AM

Both have good power and balance though kareem seems better. But clyde seems quicker, better burst. As runners it seems close but I like clyde better.

But the receiving blows kareem out of the water. Kareem was a rb who could catch passes. He could catch what he was given. But he can't impact the passing game nearly as much as clyde will.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 10:42 AM
You think Thornhill will give up #22 to Helaire?

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2020, 10:43 AM
Man, I am psyched for this pick. He has “it” in spades: great vision, initial burst, balance, and a nice addition of power for between the tackles.

His height combined with his ability to cut will make predicting the gap he is attacking damn near impossible.

While he may lack top-end speed, he is still lethal and will make you pay for a mistake. I’m happy to sacrifice elite top-end speed for elite burst and durability any day.

Welcome to KC, CEH :clap:

I remember a certain running back who wasn't fast but could burst like a mofo.

ReynardMuldrake
04-24-2020, 10:44 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is the exact moment I found out that Clyde Edwards-Helaire was going to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> on last night&#39;s live stream. <br><br>KC&#39;s wildest dream scenario is the rest of the AFC&#39;s worst nightmare. <a href="https://t.co/myoZM5iN9D">pic.twitter.com/myoZM5iN9D</a></p>&mdash; Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1253696074734137345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fucking awesome.

Monticore
04-24-2020, 10:46 AM

I see a lot of Kareem , feet balance , maybe better hands, vision , Kareem didn’t have top end speed but great initial burst to avoid the first guy, runs better routes from what I have seen

Hammock Parties
04-24-2020, 10:46 AM
How does drafting a RB stop Cover 3? LMAO

mdchiefsfan
04-24-2020, 10:47 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is the exact moment I found out that Clyde Edwards-Helaire was going to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> on last night&#39;s live stream. <br><br>KC&#39;s wildest dream scenario is the rest of the AFC&#39;s worst nightmare. <a href="https://t.co/myoZM5iN9D">pic.twitter.com/myoZM5iN9D</a></p>&mdash; Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1253696074734137345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fucking awesome.

LMAO

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 10:51 AM

Fucking awesome.

These guys know what they're talking about.

DJ's left nut
04-24-2020, 10:51 AM
CEH is a very different runner than Damien Williams or even Shady.

Williams is a one-cut speed guy. He needs a hole to accelerate through. I wouldn't consider him shifty, though he does have decent power and can break tackles.

With his ELITE stop-start-initial burst, paired with his patience and ability to set up blocks, CEH can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

That shiftiness and elusiveness will make the OL look better than it is simply because he can create things even when there is no initial hole.

Being able to run from the shotgun is a unique skill-set and it relies a LOT on first step and, more critically, vision.

Those runs are a little slower developing so a 1-cut guy like Williams struggles between the tackle because he rarely gets the read right and if he does he still doesn't do much to set up his blockers are 'dupe' defenders into selling out into the wrong gap.

That's where CEH will REALLY stand out. He's so good at setting up interior blocks and then picking his hole well.

The ability to get 'conventional' results from atypical formations is something people don't really consider. It's why a guy like Taylor, who would probably be better than CEH in a typical 'pro style' setup wouldn't be as effective here. CEH can run from the shotgun in a way typically reserved for formations from under center. He can still grind up the middle because of his ability to set up blocks and make elite jump cuts into holes at the last possible second.

He's a perfect player for us. Positional value may be a question and need almost certainly is (we definitely have more dire needs elsewhere), but as far as the player himself goes, there's just not much to argue about. The player is about as ideal for this team as you could ask for.

SAGA45
04-24-2020, 10:54 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xO9KlH09PC4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The four consecutive jump cuts at the 2:18 mark of this vid are simply absurd...cybernetic implant absurd.

Chargem
Maybe we can finally stop making annoying threads dreamily wishing for Kareem to come back now.

The Franchise
I went to bed happy.

I woke up ecstatic.

neech
04-24-2020, 10:55 AM
You think Thornhill will give up #22 to Helaire?

I think if Andy asked Thornhill to jump, he'd say how high.

Yeah he would give Clyde the number.

Sassy Squatch
04-24-2020, 10:55 AM
The four consecutive jump cuts at the 2:18 mark of this vid are simply absurd...cybernetic implant absurd.
The spin move he pulls in that video is fucking ridiculous. Watching how fast he can move his feet and jump cut is just bananas

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 10:56 AM
How does drafting a RB stop Cover 3? LMAO

Chris Simms said it best a few days ago (he mocked CEH to the Chiefs as his "dream scenario").

Imagine Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, Mecole Hardman all flying around doing their thing. Who the fuck is left to cover Edwards Helaire?

Just look at Reid's game plan and usage in the SB if you wanna know how Reid attacks the cover 3.

Now you add a back that makes people look stupid in space, has outstanding hands and vision and elite agility.

GL trying to cover him with a LB LMAO

Man....you can just imagine our passing game/recievers completely clearing out the first 10 yards of the field while CEH is left either alone, or 1v1 with some poor sap LB.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 10:56 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The best analyst in pro football is <a href="https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@LRiddickESPN</a>. This was him this morning on <a href="https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GetUpESPN</a>. <br><br>“This is really going to be unfair.” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RunItBack?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#RunItBack</a> <a href="https://t.co/3NvlKwA31U">pic.twitter.com/3NvlKwA31U</a></p>&mdash; Jarrett Sutton (@JarrettTSutton) <a href="https://twitter.com/JarrettTSutton/status/1253699958194266128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch
04-24-2020, 10:57 AM
Give Thornhill 21. Don't think Breeland cares too much what his number is.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 10:57 AM
and need almost certainly is (we definitely have more dire needs elsewhere),

Naaaah.

You could argue LB. That's about it.

Monticore
04-24-2020, 10:59 AM
I don’t think I was the only guy last year screaming at Damien through my tv” how the****didyou not see that huge ass holenumbnuts”

I think this guy fixes that

ChiefsFanatic
04-24-2020, 11:02 AM
I have been working from home for a little over a month, and haven't really been able to get into the draft like I have in previous years, so I am not familiar with a lot of the other running backs.

But, am I the only one that watched the National Championship game and thought wow, it would be awesome to have CEH in our offense? I have 3 distinct memories from that game. 1. Burrow may be the best college QB that I have seen outside of Mahomes since Manning. 2. If I could pick any player from the game to add to the our roster it would be Simmons. That dude is a perfect safety/linebacker combo. And 3. CEH would be an absolute monster in our offense.

CEH just stood out from everyone else, like Burrow and Simmons did. They were clearly the 3 best players on the field.

Veach and Reid seemed just as excited by his football IQ, as they did his physical talents. It seems clear that he impressed the entire staff during his interview at the combine.

I am almost as excited for this pick as I was when we moved up and drafted a QB in the first round.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 11:05 AM
maybe get traded tomorrow.

No one is trading for wither of those guys,

Good grief.

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 11:05 AM

The spin move on McKinney

The running Diggs over

Just wow... :whackit:

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 11:06 AM

You’re retarded for your value

JohnnyHammersticks
04-24-2020, 11:07 AM

Fucking awesome.

Great find! This is CLASSIC! ROFLROFLROFL

DJ's left nut
04-24-2020, 11:08 AM
Naaaah.

You could argue LB. That's about it.

IOL, IMO. DE is sneaky thin (since Speaks sucks, K-Pass is in a contract year and Okafor is a likely cut candidate next season).

But the value wasn't there at either anymore at IOL or LB so I get it.

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2020, 11:11 AM
I see a lot of Kareem , feet balance , maybe better hands, vision , Kareem didn’t have top end speed but great initial burst to avoid the first guy, runs better routes from what I have seen

Kareems impact as a receiver is overstated. He was a rb with great hands. But he had a limited route tree and lined up in the backfield for all but a handful of snaps. You can line clyde up wide, in the slot, and he knows how to beat man and zone. And he runs a full route tree. This is a perfect monster that runs like kareem, catches like Damien williams.

My only concern is with how dangerous he'll be as a receiver... Can he pass protect. Other than that this dude is going to be a nightmare.

Bearcat
04-24-2020, 11:12 AM

Fucking awesome.

Highly recommended to wait for it at the end... LMAO

DaneMcCloud
also, on a positive note, UChieffybugger will shut the fuck up now.

I seriously doubt it.

And the fucker owes me a big apology, as do a few others.

Ubeja Vontell
Not a fan of taking a RB in the first round.

And....

Jonathan Taylor 5-11 220 4.38 40, CEH 5-8 208 4.60

But.....no real big deal, CEH can play and his ability to catch the ball adds another weapon to an already great passing game.

JohnnyHammersticks
04-24-2020, 11:14 AM

OMG :eek:

DJ's left nut
I have been working from home for a little over a month, and haven't really been able to get into the draft like I have in previous years, so I am not familiar with a lot of the other running backs.

But, am I the only one that watched the National Championship game and thought wow, it would be awesome to have CEH in our offense? I have 3 distinct memories from that game. 1. Burrow may be the best college QB that I have seen outside of Mahomes since Manning. 2. If I could pick any player from the game to add to the our roster it would be Simmons. That dude is a perfect safety/linebacker combo. And 3. CEH would be an absolute monster in our offense.

I'll do you one better - the 2019 LSU squad may be the best in college football HISTORY. Apart from one of those Miami squads that had a very limited Ken Dorsey at QB but absurd talent everywhere else, I can't think of another contender.

I mean that schedule they had to pound through and with as thoroughly as they were beating really good teams...that was just an incredible team.

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Texas. That's SEVEN wins against top 10 teams in 2019. Has anyone ever come close to that before?

Burrow, CEH, Jefferson, Lewis, Cushenberry and Charles are all good to great college players on offense. Queen, Chaisson, Fulton, Deplit and Stingley on defense are the same.

I just have a real hard time believing that isn't the best season by a college football team of all time. It's just incredible.

alanm
What about AstroClyde. Like Astroglyde because he’s so slippery when trying to tackle himI'm sorry I don't think I'd want to be associated with **** lube.

ChiTown
04-24-2020, 11:15 AM
Not a fan of taking a RB in the first round.

And....

Jonathan Taylor 5-11 220 4.38 40, CEH 5-8 208 4.60

But.....no real big deal, CEH can play and his ability to catch the ball adds another weapon to an already great passing game.

It's all about fit with the system. CEH is like a hand that slides perfectly into the glove of this offense. This is gonna be so fun to watch.

neech
04-24-2020, 11:15 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7rAPMwlXk3Q?start=2" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

alanm
04-24-2020, 11:17 AM
One thing from watching him in the 'Bama game... I hope we stay far away from Diggs in this draft.Yeah that guy sure as hell doesn't want to tackle.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 11:17 AM
You’re retarded for your value

The value guys are cracking me up.

This kid is a strong, strong candidate...and imo, LIKELY winner for OROY and will be a featured player in this offense. He completely changes how teams have to defend the Chiefs because they MUST account for him every down, while already committing resources to Mahomes and our bevy of receivers. You can't just over-commit to our receivers anymore because if you give this guy a shallow box he'll break off 4-6 yards a carry in your ass every time.

How is that NOT worth the #32? I don't get it.

We're talking about a guy who will likely be a top 5 player at his position in terms of total production next season.

Yeah, the value is absolutely there. Production is production, man. It's hard to argue with production and it's even harder to imagine this kid, with THAT skill set, not being productive in this system with this supporting cast.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 11:24 AM
Value goes out the window when he wouldn’t be there at 63.

And don’t give me Dobbins, Swift or Taylor because they don’t fit in this offense as well as CEH does.

ChiefsFanatic
04-24-2020, 11:28 AM
I'll do you one better - the 2019 LSU squad may be the best in college football HISTORY. Apart from one of those Miami squads that had a very limited Ken Dorsey at QB but absurd talent everywhere else, I can't think of another contender.

I mean that schedule they had to pound through and with as thoroughly as they were beating really good teams...that was just an incredible team.

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Texas. That's SEVEN wins against top 10 teams in 2019. Has anyone ever come close to that before?

Burrow, CEH, Jefferson, Lewis, Cushenberry and Charles are all good to great college players on offense. Queen, Chaisson, Fulton, Deplit and Stingley on defense are the same.

I just have a real hard time believing that isn't the best season by a college football team of all time. It's just incredible.

I agree with you. I think they played the toughest schedule I have ever seen. And that team, with so many post season award winners, picked CEH as their team MVP. That's says a lot to me.

I just remember watching him eat up the Clemson defense and thinking how awesome it would be if he was a Chief. And now he is.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Sassy Squatch
04-24-2020, 11:31 AM
Dude is living the best football life. From National Champion to Super Bowl Champion.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 11:33 AM
Dude is living the best football life. From National Champion to Super Bowl Champion.

Yea to do what he did last year out of nowhere, win a NC, then get drafted by the SB champs has to be the biggest confidence boost ever.

Beef Supreme
04-24-2020, 11:34 AM
Peter Schrager says we won the whole draft.

lcarus
So our roster has Sherman and Lovett listed as FB, and at RB we now have Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Damien Williams, DeAndre Washington, Darwin Thompson, Darrel Williams, Mike Weber, Elijah McGuire, and Marcus Marshall. All your runningbacks belong to us!

The Franchise
Anybody who is mad about the value should be pissed at the Packers and the Ravens. Queen being gone and Love being gone forced the Chiefs hand.

cripple creek
04-24-2020, 11:37 AM
cool... we got us a modern era super gnat

DJ's left nut
04-24-2020, 11:39 AM
Anybody who is mad about the value should be pissed at the Packers and the Ravens. Queen being gone and Love being gone forced the Chiefs hand.

Maybe. And I gotta figure Jones will be awfully tempting for cincy to protect Burrow.

But teaming CEH with Mixon could've been too much for them to pass on. I don't think you get CEH past 35. Seeing how excited the staff is about the pick- I don't think they'd have risked a trade down.

cmh6476
04-24-2020, 11:39 AM
So our roster has Sherman and Lovett listed as FB, and at RB we now have Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Damien Williams, DeAndre Washington, Darwin Thompson, Darrel Williams, Mike Weber, Elijah McGuire, and Marcus Marshall. All your runningbacks belong to us!

How many RBs can we keep?

CEH
Damien
Washington
Thompson
Sherman

?

staylor26
04-24-2020, 11:41 AM
Maybe. And I gotta figure Jones will be awfully tempting for cincy to protect Burrow.

But teaming CEH with Mixon could've been too much for them to pass on. I don't think you get CEH past 35. Seeing how excited the staff is about the pick- I don't think they'd have risked a trade down.

Man Mixon and CEH would be unfair lol

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 11:41 AM

Oh I get that. He would have been gone by the time we picked after a trade down.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 11:42 AM
Man Mixon and CEH would be unfair lol

Mixon would have been gone. He’s going to hold out.

smithandrew051
04-24-2020, 11:43 AM

CEH
Damien
Washington
Thompson
Sherman

?

I’m still intrigued by Thompson, so hopefully he can at least make an impact on STs to keep a roster spot.

lcarus
04-24-2020, 11:43 AM

CEH
Damien
Washington
Thompson
Sherman

?

Probably something like that. Should be an interesting camp. I know Clyde and Darrel Williams have a pretty strong relationship don't they? That might put Thompson on the outside looking in.

Chief Northman
04-24-2020, 11:45 AM

CEH
Damien
Washington
Thompson
Sherman

?

Screw Thompson. If Darrell is healthy, keep the big back with sweet pass-catching skills. Washington can spill Clyde, Darrell can spill Damien. The only upside Thompson has is that he got a lot of experience on specials last season.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2020, 11:47 AM
wheee

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWYvyI3XkAcckCN?format=jpg&name=900x900

mdchiefsfan
04-24-2020, 11:47 AM
The value guys are cracking me up.

This kid is a strong, strong candidate...and imo, LIKELY winner for OROY and will be a featured player in this offense. He completely changes how teams have to defend the Chiefs because they MUST account for him every down, while already committing resources to Mahomes and our bevy of receivers. You can't just over-commit to our receivers anymore because if you give this guy a shallow box he'll break off 4-6 yards a carry in your ass every time.

How is that NOT worth the #32? I don't get it.

We're talking about a guy who will likely be a top 5 player at his position in terms of total production next season.

Yeah, the value is absolutely there. Production is production, man. It's hard to argue with production and it's even harder to imagine this kid, with THAT skill set, not being productive in this system with this supporting cast.

Exactly. I certainly won’t miss the RB by committee. If you have 3 starters at RB, you have none. That’s about to change.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 11:48 AM
Dude was voted team MVP by the LSU players.

Read that shit again.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 11:49 AM
I know he's only 5'7" and 205. It's why I kind of thought another back might be in the cards.

But as short as he is, he's pretty stoutly built at that weight. And with Mahomes as your QB, does that fact that he's short even matter? Not in this offense.

His presence means you can't double Kelce all the time. Or you have to leave Hill one on one. or Watkins. Or Hardman.

We might not punt all season.

LOL.