PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

ThyKingdomCome15
05-21-2022, 11:22 AM
CEH took an obvious step back last year. His first year was good. I'm not sure what to expect this year but I really like Ronald Jones and the Rutgers kid.

RealSNR
05-21-2022, 11:33 AM
I said this when we drafted him, but I actually PREFER my RBs to be under 6'0

I know 5'7 is a far cry from 6'0 but I hate watching tall RBs run so upright. It's so ineffective. I know many of them figure out how to run with a lower center of gravity, but it's certainly a lot tougher to do.

Would rather have a bowling ball than a bowling pin.

Kiimo
05-21-2022, 11:53 AM
So like someone who is 5’10 225

But I was told Taylor couldn’t catch so I was all in on CEH

Chief Pagan
05-21-2022, 12:09 PM
I hate the pick not the player. Just don't see what made them think a 5'7 207 guy who isn't THAT fast could be a bell cow back.

I don't watch college, so I knew nothing about him until after KC picked him.

But watching a few highlights, it sure seemed like he ought to be a nightmare catching balls out in the flats and punishing teams for the two deep coverage.

Still don't quite understand why that wasn't the case.

louie aguiar
05-21-2022, 12:28 PM
CEH has a tiny catch radius- it really limits his potential impact in the passing game

Bowser
05-21-2022, 12:38 PM
CEH has a tiny catch radius- it really limits his potential impact in the passing game

I'd like to introduce you to the QB of the Kansas City Chiefs

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HZBUmm3KvZM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26
05-21-2022, 12:40 PM

Catch radius doesn’t really matter for RBs.

Most good receiving backs are small.

What has limited CEH in the passing game is his pass blocking and their refusal to use him much on long downs because of it.

Signing RoJo tells me they’re planning to use CEH more in the passing game this year though.

CatfishBob2
05-21-2022, 01:57 PM
Catch radius doesn’t really matter for RBs.

Most good receiving backs are small.

What has limited CEH in the passing game is his pass blocking and their refusal to use him much on long downs because of it.

Signing RoJo tells me they’re planning to use CEH more in the passing game this year though.

How much pass blocking upside does a 5'7 player have in the NFL? Either keep a TE in to block and/or you put more quick passes in the gameplan for him. JUST DO IT.

I personally think CEH was made to wreck light boxes and also be a weapon out of the backfield in heavy personnel.......that's the way I use him on Madden anyway

BigRedChief
05-21-2022, 07:40 PM
I think he could easily put up half of that running and receiving

Have you watched the games? Cause all I see is him running through wide open holes or run into the backs of his lineman. All he had to do was cut left and or right and there was a wide open hole.

srvy
05-21-2022, 07:52 PM
My wish is he looks like a different back this season, but I won't get my hopes up. If he doesn't come out the hair on fire I hope the hell they don't keep giving him snaps over the better back.

Stryker
05-21-2022, 08:47 PM
Which is why he should get 15 carries MAX per game... otherwise we'll never get a full season out of him

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mdX7VMOo55Y" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This tape probably got him drafted

Which is why we should have taken Jonathan Taylor instead! I was pounding the drum for him all the way to the draft! I was excited about CEH ONLY because he is from LSU - that ONLY! He is a bust and we screwed up on drafting him. He IS NOT going to GROW - he is what he is - a complete BUST! We pissed away a first round pick on HOPE and lost. Will never believe in him and cannot wait for us to move on from him. I do not think I will be eating any crow on this one. Not a Ryan Leaf pick but still, Chiefs lost on this one big time.

Megatron96
05-21-2022, 10:58 PM
CEH is going to have a breakout type year. This will be the best OL he's EVER been behind in his career. He'll average about 75 yards/game for the first 6 weeks or so until JuJu/Skyy gets somewhat comfortable in the offense, then 'poof' Clyde will suddenly average 100+/game.

TRR
05-22-2022, 06:46 AM
Which is why we should have taken Jonathan Taylor instead! I was pounding the drum for him all the way to the draft! I was excited about CEH ONLY because he is from LSU - that ONLY! He is a bust and we screwed up on drafting him. He IS NOT going to GROW - he is what he is - a complete BUST! We pissed away a first round pick on HOPE and lost. Will never believe in him and cannot wait for us to move on from him. I do not think I will be eating any crow on this one. Not a Ryan Leaf pick but still, Chiefs lost on this one big time.

The knock on Taylor was that he couldn’t catch, and that the wheels would fall off quickly given his workload at Wisconsin. Hindsight.

I will say CEH is far from a bust. He had 1,100 yards from scrimmage and five TD’s his rookie year in 13 games. Last year, he only played in 10 games, and put up over 600+ yards from scrimmage and 6 TD’s. A bust is Breeland Speaks. A bust is Trezelle Jenkins. Jon Baldwin. Ryan Sims. It’s all about finding a way to stay healthy for CEH.

ThyKingdomCome15
05-22-2022, 07:29 AM
Clyde is only 23 years and has flashed brilliance. Priest Holmes was 28 years old before he suited up for the Chiefs. It's only the beginning for Clyde.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=miRQ4xZ59gE

TEX
05-22-2022, 10:16 AM
Clyde is only 23 years and has flashed brilliance. Priest Holmes was 28 years old before he suited up for the Chiefs. It's only the beginning for Clyde.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=miRQ4xZ59gE

He's flashed way more JAG than "brilliance."

ThaVirus
05-22-2022, 10:36 AM
Imagine defending this guy..

In probably the most RB friendly team in the league, I can't tell if this dude is any better than Darrel Williams and Jerick McKinnon. That tells you everything you need to know.

staylor26
05-22-2022, 11:10 AM
Imagine defending this guy..

In probably the most RB friendly team in the league, I can't tell if this dude is any better than Darrel Williams and Jerick McKinnon. That tells you everything you need to know.

I’m not holding my breath on a breakout year, but it’s really not difficult to understand how somebody can defend the guy when you hear how the gallbladder surgery fucked up his offseason, which obviously impacted his season overall.

It’s amazing how people hate the guy so much that they don’t want to acknowledge that context.

Chris Meck
05-22-2022, 11:24 AM
The biggest problem with Clyde is that he just can't get or stay healthy.

He didn't look like the same player last season as he did his last year at LSU, or even his rookie year before he got hurt.

Knee, hip, gallbladder, all of it; I feel for the kid. But you can't make the club from the tub.

Will he be and can he stay healthy this season? Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.

-King-
05-22-2022, 11:27 AM
I’m not holding my breath on a breakout year, but it’s really not difficult to understand how somebody can defend the guy when you hear how the gallbladder surgery fucked up his offseason, which obviously impacted his season overall.

It’s amazing how people hate the guy so much that they don’t want to acknowledge that context.

He was like this in his rookie season too. He couldn't find and/or get through open holes.

staylor26
05-22-2022, 11:32 AM
He was like this in his rookie season too. He couldn't find and/or get through open holes.

His rookie season isn’t even remotely comparable to last year.

He was running behind arguably the worst run blocking OL in football.

And has somebody has pointed out, his production was still fairly good his rookie year considering that.

Bowser
05-22-2022, 11:43 AM
I've yet to see him look consistently explosive and confident in his running with us as he did in that LSU highlight package. He's had his games and moments where he's flashed the ability, but he needs to do it every game, ever touch he gets.

Gallbladder surgery is a bigger deal than people realize, and for an athlete I can imagine it would be a total hinderance. This is his year to prove it, and I'll pull for him to show it.

MVChiefFan
05-22-2022, 01:14 PM
I've yet to see him look consistently explosive and confident in his running with us as he did in that LSU highlight package. He's had his games and moments where he's flashed the ability, but he needs to do it every game, ever touch he gets.

Gallbladder surgery is a bigger deal than people realize, and for an athlete I can imagine it would be a total hinderance. This is his year to prove it, and I'll pull for him to show it.

Especially if he did get down to 160 pounds. That’s A LOT to come back from. I just want to see a healthy year where we can truly see what we have in him.

lcarus
05-22-2022, 01:33 PM

I was really impressed with him in his very first regular season game as a pro. It seems when he came back from that first injury (that looked truly horrifying to be honest) he had lost a step. He's clearly gotten a bit better over time and I hope this season he can be at 100% and stay there. He can definitely be a big weapon. He doesn't need to be a "feature back" and those barely exist anymore anyways. He just needs to make plays when he gets the opportunities. There should be plenty with this o-line in this offense.

ThaVirus
05-22-2022, 04:14 PM

When Lil Chiefy himself says he won't hold his breath for a breakout year, you know a guy's been a disappointment.

ThaVirus
05-22-2022, 04:18 PM
I just can't separate the 1st round pick from this guy's name. Given on-the-field production versus what we gave up to get them, he's easily the worst running back we've had in like 20 years.

Guys like Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West and Damien Williams came here off the trash heap and produced at a higher level.

People here think Darrel Williams sucks but at least that fucker was undrafted.

Tribal Warfare
05-22-2022, 04:30 PM
I just can't separate the 1st round pick from this guy's name. Given on-the-field production versus what we gave up to get them, he's easily the worst running back we've had in like 20 years.

Guys like Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West and Damien Williams came here off the trash heap and produced at a higher level.

If Clyde was a 4th round pick there wouldn't be high scrutiny. Alas he is thus, he needs to be putting out Jamaal Charles/Shaun Alexander production.

staylor26
05-22-2022, 04:33 PM
When Lil Chiefy himself says he won't hold his breath for a breakout year, you know a guy's been a disappointment.

Excellent rebuttal!

staylor26
05-22-2022, 04:34 PM

God damn you’re stupid.

He was more productive in his rookie season than Ware, West, and Williams EVER were in a season. And that was with a bottom 3 run blocking OL. Your lack of objectivity couldn’t be any more blatant.

RealSNR
05-22-2022, 05:35 PM

"Easily" the worst RB we've had in like 20 years?

You have a pretty awful memory. He's EASILY (there's that word again) in the top half of RBs we've had play for the Chiefs in the past 20 years if you go by stats and production alone. And that's being conservative.

The worst, eh?

notorious
05-22-2022, 05:37 PM
I've shit on him a lot in the past.

He's getting another shot. The surgery is no joke.

I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

Rasputin
05-22-2022, 05:41 PM

*cough*bullshit*cough

<iframe width="855" height="481" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cM7pw3_WcCQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump
05-22-2022, 05:41 PM
CEH looked better in the playoffs then he did in the regular season, he was moving with more power it seemed like. Hopefully that continues.

RealSNR
05-22-2022, 05:42 PM
Chiefs RBs of the past 20 seasons who were worse than Clyde Edwards-Helaire:

Mike Cloud
Jermaine Williams
Frank Moreau
Derrick Blaylock
Jarmar Julien
Omar Easy
Samkon Gado

A bunch of non-LJ brokedick/JAG Herm backs

Jackie Battle
Kolby Smith
Dantrell Savage

Okay, look, I'm getting tired of naming dudes, so I'm going to stop before the Pioli era sets in. But I don't think there's a single guy on that list where you'd look at and go, "Ehhh... I don't know.... he might be better than CEH..."

And if you say Derrick Blaylock because he flukishly scored 4 TDs in a game all by getting got Priest Holmes' leftovers, I don't really know what to tell you, because I don't know the best practices for communicating with the mentally challenged.

ThaVirus
05-22-2022, 05:46 PM
"Easily" the worst RB we've had in like 20 years?

You have a pretty awful memory. He's EASILY (there's that word again) in the top half of RBs we've had play for the Chiefs in the past 20 years if you go by stats and production alone. And that's being conservative.

The worst, eh?

Ok, sooooo you didn't even read my post then.. cool.

Excellent rebuttal!

I don't need a rebuttal. I said what I said, you got butthurt.

"Well well what about the surgery!" As if this dude wasn't a bum before the surgery lol

RealSNR
05-22-2022, 05:49 PM

"Well well what about the surgery!" As if this dude wasn't a bum before the surgery lol

You're bitching about T3H FOIST WOUND PICK!!!!1111 like all the other morons whine about.

A missed pick is a missed pick. If we had traded out one fucking slot and taken him at 33 overall on Day 2, people wouldn't have their periods about CEH nearly as much as they do.

staylor26
05-22-2022, 05:58 PM

You are acting like a complete fucking moron lately. Like 10x worse than you’ve ever been. It almost seems purposeful too.

Congrats I guess?

He was hardly a “bum” his rookie year, and that was running behind a bottom 3 run blocking unit.

ThaVirus
05-22-2022, 06:07 PM
You're bitching about T3H FOIST WOUND PICK!!!!1111 like all the other morons whine about.

A missed pick is a missed pick. If we had traded out one fucking slot and taken him at 33 overall on Day 2, people wouldn't have their periods about CEH nearly as much as they do.

Duh, because it's relevant. Notice I've never complained about Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle's draft status.

Dude was a 1st round pick and there isn't a difference between him and a bunch of UDFA and scrap heap waiver wire pickups we've cycled in at the RB spot lately.

Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West, Jerick McKinnon, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Darrel Williams. What's the difference between all of those guys?

You are acting like a complete fucking moron lately. Like 10x worse than you’ve ever been. It almost seems purposeful too.

Congrats I guess?

He was hardly a “bum” his rookie year, and that was running behind a bottom 3 run blocking unit.

CEH behind a bottom 3 OL: 4.4 YPC

CEH behind a top 5 OL: 4.3 YPC

When are you going to stop making excuses for this turd?

-King-
05-22-2022, 06:07 PM
*cough*bullshit*cough

<iframe width="855" height="481" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cM7pw3_WcCQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He had 2 good games. All the others were either decent or downright bad. 8 of his games were at 4 yards per carry or worse.

Can't believe you think posting a highlight video means anything.

staylor26
05-22-2022, 06:13 PM
Duh, because it's relevant. Notice I've never complained about Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle's draft status.

Dude was a 1st round pick and there isn't a difference between him and a bunch of UDFA and scrap heap waiver wire pickups we've cycled in at the RB spot lately.

Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West, Jerick McKinnon, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Darrel Williams. What's the difference between all of those guys?

CEH behind a bottom 3 OL: 4.4 YPC

CEH behind a top 5 OL: 4.3 YPC

When are you going to stop making excuses for this turd?

It’s almost like this is entirely the point of pointing out that the gallbladder surgery clearly had an impact.

See what I mean? You’ve gone full retard.

Kiimo
05-22-2022, 06:17 PM
I think the surgery is definitely a good point but I'm worried about his vision which isn't affected by that. He misses holes and that's annoying, especially with this run blocking unit

ThaVirus
05-22-2022, 06:18 PM
It’s almost like this is entirely the point of pointing out that the gallbladder surgery clearly had an impact.

See what I mean? You’ve gone full retard.

I read your excuses. You're full of 'em.

Bad OL year 1, surgery year 2. What will be your excuse when he underachieves in year 3, Lil Chiefy?

staylor26
05-22-2022, 06:21 PM

Bad OL year 1, surgery year 2. What will be your excuse when he underachievers in year 3, Lil Chiefy?

They aren’t excuses, it’s just context that you’re willing to completely ignore because you’re being an asshat.

I’ve already said that I’m not holding my breath on a breakout year, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t legitimate reasons for the disappointing start to his career.

Rasputin
05-22-2022, 06:23 PM
He had 2 good games. All the others were either decent or downright bad. 8 of his games were at 4 yards per carry or worse.

Can't believe you think posting a highlight video means anything.

Just showing that he could bust through the holes his rookie year.

He had a great rookie year talk of being OROTY until he got hurt week 13. You are selling his rookie season short but what ever you don't have to like him. I can't say he will stay healthy all season but I bet he plays great and really comes on strong for us in the playoffs. Doubters are going to doubt or haters going to hate. It wasn't his fault for being picked 32nd over all but he has the opportunity this season to be a big part of this offense and keep the chains moving that will help open up this offense.

-King-
05-22-2022, 07:05 PM
Just showing that he could bust through the holes his rookie year.

He had a great rookie year talk of being OROTY until he got hurt week 13. You are selling his rookie season short but what ever you don't have to like him. I can't say he will stay healthy all season but I bet he plays great and really comes on strong for us in the playoffs. Doubters are going to doubt or haters going to hate. It wasn't his fault for being picked 32nd over all but he has the opportunity this season to be a big part of this offense and keep the chains moving that will help open up this offense.
Busting through holes in a highlight reel? So?

And who had him at rookie of the year going into week 13? How blind was this person?

Tribal Warfare
05-22-2022, 07:16 PM

Bad OL year 1, surgery year 2. What will be your excuse when he underachieves in year 3, Lil Chiefy?

Many refuse taking ownership of bad takes

staylor26
05-22-2022, 07:51 PM
Many refuse taking ownership of bad takes

Oh the irony.

Tribal Warfare
05-22-2022, 08:28 PM
Oh the irony.

No irony whatsoever, if they're is new definition of ownership because I took full ownership.

Whfile you get pissy when you get called out

staylor26
05-22-2022, 09:07 PM
No irony whatsoever, if they're is new definition of ownership because I took full ownership.

Whfile you get pissy when you get called out

You’re clearly misunderstanding my entire argument if that’s what you got from it.

Your reading comprehension is as bad as your math.

Tribal Warfare
05-22-2022, 09:10 PM

You’re clearly misunderstanding my entire argument if that’s what you got from it.

Your reading comprehension is as bad as your math.

Yeah

staylor26
05-22-2022, 09:23 PM
Yeah

Even if you agree with ThaVirus, your claim that I’m “refusing to take ownership of bad takes” is not at all accurate.

You’re talking out of your ass.

Nobody is giving CEH a pass. He’s obviously been disappointing.

That doesn’t mean that a terrible OL his rookie year, injuries, and in particular the gallbladder surgery, haven’t all played a role.

He at least deserves his first full NFL offseason before we write him off as a “bum”, which even to this point isn’t an accurate label.

Tribal Warfare
05-22-2022, 09:26 PM
Even if you agree with ThaVirus, your claim that I’m “refusing to take ownership of bad takes” is not at all accurate.

You’re talking out of your ass.

Nobody is giving CEH a pass. He’s obviously been disappointing.

That doesn’t mean that a terrible OL his rookie year, injuries, and in particular the gallbladder surgery, haven’t all played a role.

He at least deserves his first full NFL offseason before we write him off as a “bum”, which even to this point isn’t an accurate label.

A little projection there

Stryker
05-22-2022, 09:42 PM
Ok, as a DIE HARD LSU fan, I was excited that we drafted CEH. I really was but, HE IS A BUST! Nothing will change my mind on this - We PISSED away a 1st round pick that should have netted us Jonathon Taylor. Why do you think we brought in ROJO and drafted Isiah Pacheco plus added Ealy? It is what it is - a waist of a 1st round pick. Do not opt for his 5th year option and move on. Period.

Pitt Gorilla
05-22-2022, 09:49 PM
Ok, as a DIE HARD LSU fan, I was excited that we drafted CEH. I really was but, HE IS A BUST! Nothing will change my mind on this - We PISSED away a 1st round pick that should have netted us Jonathon Taylor. Why do you think we brought in ROJO and drafted Isiah Pacheco plus added Ealy? It is what it is - a waist of a 1st round pick. Do not opt for his 5th year option and move on. Period.

Even you understand how stupid this is, right?

dirk digler
05-22-2022, 09:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reminder that Joe Burrow was on a team with Ja&#39;Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, and Derek Stingley and still said that CEH was the best player he had ever played with. <br><br>There&#39;s something there, folks. You just gotta believe. <a href="https://t.co/EfwPLFIRWp">https://t.co/EfwPLFIRWp</a></p>&mdash; Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1527858540232122368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm dubious

So he lost 40 lbs? Interesting...I am willing to give him one more chance and hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Tribal Warfare
05-22-2022, 10:19 PM
So he lost 40 lbs? Interesting...I am willing to give him one more chance and hopefully he can prove me wrong.

That's what I want too, I'm not wishing for failure for any Chiefs player/Coach.

If they're horrible it fucks the KC roster.

Rasputin
05-22-2022, 10:29 PM

But what if he does do good this year? What if he kicks ass like when he rushed 160 yards against Buffalo. SO he is capable of having a break out year because his rookie year he went over 1000 yards in 13 games. Now I understand he is injury prone he owns that until he can prove he can stay healthy for the season and playoffs. I think he can do it and will kick ass this year. I absolutely know I can be wrong but I want to see him prove to everyone he was worth the pick spite the other two backs we could have had.

I'm looking forward to watch him play this year. Am also excited to watch Pacheco play and he will end up getting more time than Jones. Jones will be good for short yard plays. Mostly who really knows how a player is going to do . I can easily be wrong but I'm rooting for Clyde I'm rooting for the success of my favorite team the Kansas City Chiefs and as long as he contributes to winning then I'll be thrilled. If not then go to the next guy but he gets the opportunity to be successful or end up on the sidelines. There is always another guy waiting for their opportunity so Pacheco maybe that guy. If Jones wins the job during TC and Preseason games so be it. It won't hurt my feelings I just want the best guy out there but I will most always root for draft picks over FA.

BigRedChief
05-23-2022, 05:33 AM
I’m not holding my breath on a breakout year, but it’s really not difficult to understand how somebody can defend the guy when you hear how the gallbladder surgery ****ed up his offseason, which obviously impacted his season overall.

I'm sure it effected him but he has never made cuts at the line consistently. Just runs into the backs of his blockers. Name me a successful RB in the NFL does that?

Get him in space and then he's a weapon. But, running between the tackles? Never going to happen.

CoMoChief
05-23-2022, 06:42 AM
CEH is a bust.

Hopefully this is the last yr of this experiment.

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 07:58 AM
I think the surgery is definitely a good point but I'm worried about his vision which isn't affected by that. He misses holes and that's annoying, especially with this run blocking unit

This is really the key issue. His ceiling just isn't very high. When I watch him play, I see a guy who is maxed out.. I don't like saying that. I've seen a few of his interviews and he seems like a good, nice kid.

He just lacks vision, speed and explosion and I don't recall ever seeing a good RB who didn't have at least a single one of those traits.

For anyone who thinks he will develop into a good player, what do you envision?

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 08:05 AM
This is really the key issue. His ceiling just isn't very high. When I watch him play, I see a guy who is maxed out.. I don't like saying that. I've seen a few of his interviews and he seems like a good, nice kid.

He just lacks vision, speed and explosion and I don't recall ever seeing a good RB who didn't have at least a single one of those traits.

For anyone who thinks he will develop into a good player, what do you envision?

I have said a dozen times at least but CEH's longest run is 31 yds. That is pathetic for a starting RB, hell 80 year old Adrian Peterson did that a few times in the last few seasons and there is QB's that have run farther than that.

But trying not to be negative so I am willing to give him 1 more chance.

O.city
05-23-2022, 08:09 AM
This is one reason why I've never really cared all that much about having a "home run hitter" at RB. I just don't care that his longest run is 31 yards. That's good. I mean sure, eventually you'd like to have a guy bust one out for 60 and a TD. But that's just not likely in the run game unless you have a burner.

The issue with having a burner is usually he's searching out HR's. With that being the case, you have alot of "strikeouts".

Give me a RB who consistently churns out runs. 4-5 yards a time, then eventually hits a crease and goes for 20. I don't care about getting big plays in the run game as much with having Mahomes at QB. Those will come in the pass game.

I need basically what McKinnon did in the AFC champ game first half. Take what's blocked up.

Simply Red
05-23-2022, 08:09 AM

Mike Cloud
Jermaine Williams
Frank Moreau
Derrick Blaylock
Jarmar Julien
Omar Easy
Samkon Gado

Jackie Battle
Kolby Smith
Dantrell Savage

Okay, look, I'm getting tired of naming dudes, so I'm going to stop before the Pioli era sets in. But I don't think there's a single guy on that list where you'd look at and go, "Ehhh... I don't know.... he might be better than CEH..."

And if you say Derrick Blaylock because he flukishly scored 4 TDs in a game all by getting got Priest Holmes' leftovers, I don't really know what to tell you, because I don't know the best practices for communicating with the mentally challenged.

Mike Cloud - Hell yip!

Simply Red
05-23-2022, 08:11 AM
Mike Cloud has a ring!

ptlyon
05-23-2022, 08:12 AM
I must've been drunk the year Samkon Gado played

Chris Meck
05-23-2022, 08:12 AM
He hasn't looked like the same RB from LSU since the first injury.

We'll see if he's 100%, maybe he starts to look like that guy again.

But at this point, it looks like he can't stay healthy, and that's a big problem.

KCrockaholic
05-23-2022, 08:14 AM
I've often been confused as to why he's not been the receiving back that he was at LSU. He really seems like a guy that should be catching 50+ passes per year as a 3rd down back, but it just hasn't happened.

O.city
05-23-2022, 08:19 AM
He hasn't looked like the same RB from LSU since the first injury.

We'll see if he's 100%, maybe he starts to look like that guy again.

But at this point, it looks like he can't stay healthy, and that's a big problem.

I've often been confused as to why he's not been the receiving back that he was at LSU. He really seems like a guy that should be catching 50+ passes per year as a 3rd down back, but it just hasn't happened.

Maybe having Justin Jefferson on one side and Jamar Chase on the other and catching balls from Joe Burrow opened the game up for CEH?

Molitoth
05-23-2022, 08:21 AM

If you haven't noticed, Pat Mahomes isn't much of a checkdown player.

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 08:22 AM
This is one reason why I've never really cared all that much about having a "home run hitter" at RB. I just don't care that his longest run is 31 yards. That's good. I mean sure, eventually you'd like to have a guy bust one out for 60 and a TD. But that's just not likely in the run game unless you have a burner.

The issue with having a burner is usually he's searching out HR's. With that being the case, you have alot of "strikeouts".

Give me a RB who consistently churns out runs. 4-5 yards a time, then eventually hits a crease and goes for 20. I don't care about getting big plays in the run game as much with having Mahomes at QB. Those will come in the pass game.

I need basically what McKinnon did in the AFC champ game first half. Take what's blocked up.

Totally disagree, you need a RB that can break long plays it keeps defenses honest. Also the problem so far in CEH's career is that he can barely get 3-4 yds a carry with hardly any that go for over 20. He just lacks being explosive\quick.

Hell last year behind this bad ass line his longest run was 17 yds. Shit Mahomes did that every game.

louie aguiar
05-23-2022, 08:23 AM

Mike Cloud
Jermaine Williams
Frank Moreau
Derrick Blaylock
Jarmar Julien
Omar Easy
Samkon Gado

Jackie Battle
Kolby Smith
Dantrell Savage

Those are all backup RBs. CEH is our starter. In the past 20 years, we've gone from Priest to LJ to Jamaal. There were a couple of years when we had West and Ware before Hunt arrived. I would rather have prime Ware than CEH but not West. If he's not the worst starting RB we've had in 20 years, he's probably the second or third worst.

Simply Red
05-23-2022, 08:25 AM
any shot we can bring Mike Cloud back on the cheap?

O.city
05-23-2022, 08:26 AM
Totally disagree, you need a RB that can break long plays it keeps defenses honest. Also the problem so far in CEH's career is that he can barely get 3-4 yds a carry with hardly any that go for over 20. He just lacks being explosive\quick.

Hell last year behind this bad ass line his longest run was 17 yds. Shit Mahomes did that every game.

The issue you end up running into is they start searching out those long runs instead of taking what's blocked up. If you have a shit OL, sure, that happens.

But with this OL and offense, no reason to not churn out runs against light boxes.

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 08:30 AM
The issue you end up running into is they start searching out those long runs instead of taking what's blocked up. If you have a shit OL, sure, that happens.

But with this OL and offense, no reason to not churn out runs against light boxes.

So you are saying you would rather have 3-4 yd CEH over Henry or Charles or Taylor? I don't believe you.

O.city
05-23-2022, 08:32 AM
So you are saying you would rather have 3-4 yd CEH over Henry or Charles or Taylor? I don't believe you.

I mean sure, I'd rather have the HOF'ers over CEH. But that's not really the argument I'm making here.

Give me the guy who's consistent. I don't like the "2 yards 2 yards -2 yards 50 yard" run guys. That's not what any of those guys really are either though, they're consistent then have the breakaway ability to turn a 15 yarder into one bad angle and a 60 yarder.

That's the thing I don't care as much about. I mean, yes, if I can choose give me AP in his prime. But this ain't Madden.

TEX
05-23-2022, 08:35 AM

You're way over thinking it... Why would you not want a guy back there that is a threat to break it on any given play. That kind of presence would not hinder the offense at all. Those backs are usually very instinctive with great vision. They wait for the right opportunity, and when it presents itself, they take it to the house. Often enough it's something small, that they see, and they react and they make the defense pay. The results can be game changing. CEH is not that guy.

O.city
05-23-2022, 08:37 AM
You're way over thinking it... Why would you not want a guy back there that is a threat to break it on any given play. That kind of presence would not hinder the offense at all. Those backs are usually very instinctive with great vision. They wait for the right opportunity, and when it presents itself, they take it to the house. Often enough it's something small, that they see, and they react a d make the defense pay. CEH is not that guy.

Because they start searching for that opportunity instead of just using their vision to find it. Chris Johnson is a perfect example of that. You end up in 2nd and 13's because he was trying to string out a stretch play.

Charles was so good because he didn't search out those he just let them happen. But that's rare.

TEX
05-23-2022, 08:39 AM
Because they start searching for that opportunity instead of just using their vision to find it. Chris Johnson is a perfect example of that.

Charles was so good because he didn't search out those he just let them happen.

Your opinion of Charles is exactly my point. When the moment comes, they seize it and take it to the house.

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 08:39 AM
I mean sure, I'd rather have the HOF'ers over CEH. But that's not really the argument I'm making here.

Give me the guy who's consistent. I don't like the "2 yards 2 yards -2 yards 50 yard" run guys. That's not what any of those guys really are either though, they're consistent then have the breakaway ability to turn a 15 yarder into one bad angle and a 60 yarder.

That's the thing I don't care as much about. I mean, yes, if I can choose give me AP in his prime. But this ain't Madden.

I know my example was on the extreme but CEH is certainly consistent on the low end. Herm would love CEH and his 3 yds and cloud of dust.

Is there a starting RB in the NFL currently you would take CEH over them? If so who? He is by far the worst in our division not even close.

O.city
05-23-2022, 08:42 AM
I'm not advocating for CEH necessarily here. I'm speaking more in generalities on my preferences and such. I don't think breakaway speed for a RB is a necessity.

Obviously, you'd love your guy to have it. But if not, it's not and end all be all. Look at a guy like Ekelar. Isn't a burner, but still a very good RB.

I'm not into spending assets searching out for a game breaking RB. If I find one, great. If not, there's good solid RB's everywhere.

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 08:47 AM
I'm not advocating for CEH necessarily here. I'm speaking more in generalities on my preferences and such. I don't think breakaway speed for a RB is a necessity.

Obviously, you'd love your guy to have it. But if not, it's not and end all be all. Look at a guy like Ekelar. Isn't a burner, but still a very good RB.

I'm not into spending assets searching out for a game breaking RB. If I find one, great. If not, there's good solid RB's everywhere.

Generally I'd agree, but if you're going to have a back who isn't particularly fast, he needs to do some other things well to make up for it.

Priest Holmes and Kareem Hunt weren't very fast, but no one cared because Priest had insane vision/patience and Hunt had elite balance and lower body strength. Ekeler is probably the best receiving back in the NFL.

CEH doesn't compare to any of these names. Best thing I can say about him is he does hang onto the football (which is great) and occasionally he will drag a defender for an additional couple yards after contact. That's also cool but then I realize that he ran through a chasm between Thuney and Brown Jr and any other back would have taken that same carry for at least 10 more yards.

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 08:47 AM

Gotcha and Ekelar would be perfect in this offense.

O.city
05-23-2022, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I'd love to have Dalvin Cook or Kamara or (insert RB). But I don't wanna pay for them for sure.

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 08:59 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">the #1 producing RB was 25 yrs old or younger every yr since 2014<br><br>&#39;21 Jonathan Taylor: 22<br>&#39;20 Alvin Kamara: 25<br>&#39;19 CMC: 23<br>&#39;18 Saquon Barkley: 21<br>&#39;17 Todd Gurley: 23<br>&#39;16 David Johnson: 25<br>&#39;15 Devonta Freeman: 23<br>&#39;14 Le&#39;Veon Bell: 22<a href="https://twitter.com/LordReebs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@LordReebs</a> explores:<a href="https://t.co/r2uFzESJ30">https://t.co/r2uFzESJ30</a></p>— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1528435287046725632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I'd love to have Dalvin Cook or Kamara or (insert RB). But I don't wanna pay for them for sure.

Ugh, Kamara in this offense would be incredible, but yeah, agreed. RB is a luxury we simply cannot afford with this current team structure.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">the #1 producing RB was 25 yrs old or younger every yr since 2014<br><br>&#39;21 Jonathan Taylor: 22<br>&#39;20 Alvin Kamara: 25<br>&#39;19 CMC: 23<br>&#39;18 Saquon Barkley: 21<br>&#39;17 Todd Gurley: 23<br>&#39;16 David Johnson: 25<br>&#39;15 Devonta Freeman: 23<br>&#39;14 Le&#39;Veon Bell: 22<a href="https://twitter.com/LordReebs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@LordReebs</a> explores:<a href="https://t.co/r2uFzESJ30">https://t.co/r2uFzESJ30</a></p>— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1528435287046725632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We really should just be churning and burning these RBs. Personally, I wouldn't advocate spending anything higher than a 3rd on a RB, which is another issue I have with the CEH pick.

CatfishBob2
05-23-2022, 09:04 AM
Ugh, Kamara in this offense would be incredible, but yeah, agreed. RB is a luxury we simply cannot afford with this current team structure.

We really should just be churning and burning these RBs. Personally, I wouldn't advocate spending anything higher than a 3rd on a RB, which is another issue I have with the CEH pick.

That's exactly what I was about to say. We should be churning RB talent through but we don't. You're discrediting the FO by assuming we wouldn't be able to retain an RB if he turns out to be an all pro talent though

O.city
05-23-2022, 09:21 AM
Let someone else pay the RB. Find another one.

TEX
05-23-2022, 09:23 AM
Gotcha and Ekelar would be perfect in this offense.

Sure would be.

Bowser
05-23-2022, 09:27 AM
Bottom line - this is Clyde's "prove it or lose it" year. He's had injury problems, and now a significant health problem, but by all accounts, he's as healthy as he's been since he's been here. Let this kid go out and show he can do it or move on from him at the end of the season.

Bl00dyBizkitz
05-23-2022, 09:29 AM
LOL RB's

CatfishBob2
05-23-2022, 09:38 AM
Let someone else pay the RB. Find another one.

Disagree...find rbs try and keep the good ones. The Chargers locked up ekeler for his prime years and still drafted an RB pretty high this year

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 10:00 AM
You're discrediting the FO by assuming we wouldn't be able to retain an RB if he turns out to be an all pro talent though

I think they could retain anyone they want to. I'm saying I don't think that spending big money on a RB is a prudent use of our limited resources. For that reason, I don't think it's smart to invest in the position heavily.

Best case scenario, you burn a high pick on a RB and he exceeds expectations. Four or five years later you've earned the right to sign him to a $17m AAV deal just as he's leaving his prime..? Not a good deal most times. We've seen that play out with literally every big money contract handed out to elite RBs over the last 5 years or so. Every time, people say "well this time is different". They did that with Zeke, then Bell, then it happened with CMC. Every time, the guy doesn't really live up to the hype.

Like O.city said, churn 'em and burn 'em. Get your four-ish years out of the guy then let someone else pay him.

saphojunkie
05-23-2022, 10:02 AM
Generally I'd agree, but if you're going to have a back who isn't particularly fast, he needs to do some other things well to make up for it.

Priest Holmes and Kareem Hunt weren't very fast, but no one cared because Priest had insane vision/patience and Hunt had elite balance and lower body strength. Ekeler is probably the best receiving back in the NFL.

CEH doesn't compare to any of these names. Best thing I can say about him is he does hang onto the football (which is great) and occasionally he will drag a defender for an additional couple yards after contact. That's also cool but then I realize that he ran through a chasm between Thuney and Brown Jr and any other back would have taken that same carry for at least 10 more yards.

This is the kind of hyperbole about CEH that just becomes ridiculous.

The reason there are huge holes that don't turn into home runs is the exact same reason Tyreek was often neutralized. What part about flooding the defensive backfield escapes everyone when it comes to the running game?

CEH ain't Jamaal Charles, but he isn't the festering turd CP likes to say he is. Not unlike Frank Clark, the manner in which he was acquired has poisoned the well. He'd have to be all-world to back it up, so "average" is interpreted as "atrocious."

saphojunkie
05-23-2022, 10:06 AM
Let someone else pay everyone but the QB and premier pass rusher. Find another one.

FYP

This would be my philosophy as a GM. The fans would hate me, but we would never ever have down years due to the cap.

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 10:08 AM

The reason there are huge holes that don't turn into home runs is the exact same reason Tyreek was often neutralized. What part about flooding the defensive backfield escapes everyone when it comes to the running game?

CEH ain't Jamaal Charles, but he isn't the festering turd CP likes to say he is. Not unlike Frank Clark, the manner in which he was acquired has poisoned the well. He'd have to be all-world to back it up, so "average" is interpreted as "atrocious."

It's really not ridiculous. That's what happens when you field a slow RB with bad vision- he leaves a ton of yards on the field.

I don't think he sucks; I just don't think he's very good. He's certainly not good when you consider what we spent to get him and who we missed out on when taking him.

O.city
05-23-2022, 10:09 AM

It's all about value. Value gained, lost etc.

Taking a guy in the first round that plays a position that's easy to find, will bring expectations that he be better than those guys found elsewhere later in draft.

He isn't at this point.

Of course, I'd never draft a RB earlier than the 3rd round but that's just me.

O.city
05-23-2022, 10:12 AM
FYP

This would be my philosophy as a GM. The fans would hate me, but we would never ever have down years due to the cap.

I have no problem paying elite players elite contracts if they play at said elite level.

Just not RB's. Ever.

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 10:17 AM
FYP

I understand the sentiment but you've got nearly $200m in cap space to spend.

You'd have let Kelce walk? Tyreek? You wouldn't have brought in Mathieu? Brown Jr? Thuney?

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 10:17 AM

Yet 3rd stringer Derrick Gore broke off a 50+ yd and had other longer runs.

O.city
05-23-2022, 10:20 AM
Gore broke off a run against some backups.

Again, I'm no CEH fan, not stanning for him here. I'm just going against the "doesn't break long runs" narrative. I just don't care too much about it. It's why, to me, RB's 40 times don't really matter to awful much.

staylor26
05-23-2022, 10:24 AM
The same people that complain about CEH’s lack of speed don’t see the appeal/value in giving RoJo a shot on a 1 year prove it deal.

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 10:24 AM
Gore broke off a run against some backups.

Again, I'm no CEH fan, not stanning for him here. I'm just going against the "doesn't break long runs" narrative. I just don't care too much about it. It's why, to me, RB's 40 times don't really matter to awful much.

I think the Raiders had alot of their starters in still but does CEH make that run? Highly doubtful. He just hasn't shown he has that ability so far in the NFL.

saphojunkie
05-23-2022, 10:25 AM
I understand the sentiment but you've got nearly $200m in cap space to spend.

You'd have let Kelce walk? Tyreek? You wouldn't have brought in Mathieu? Brown Jr? Thuney?

I'd have done exactly what they did with Tyreek.

Kelce is a unicorn. I don't think he's ever actually been paid what he is worth.

Bringing in Brown Jr. and paying him elite LT money for average LT pay are two different things. Yes, I would have brought in Orlando Brown. I would NOT be working to pay him top 5 at his position, when he isn't a top 15 player.

Joe Thuney would have been - as I believe it was for Veach - a mandate from the owner. Up to me, absolutely not do I ever want to pay top dollar for a guard. Draft guys, extend them before they are in the last year of their deal, or trade them away.

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 10:27 AM
The same people that complain about CEH’s lack of speed don’t see the appeal/value in giving RoJo a shot on a 1 year prove it deal.

I am all for giving RoJo a shot. He has game breaking ability just don't let him pass protect for Mahomes :D

O.city
05-23-2022, 10:30 AM

Kelce is a unicorn. I don't think he's ever actually been paid what he is worth.

Bringing in Brown Jr. and paying him elite LT money for average LT pay are two different things. Yes, I would have brought in Orlando Brown. I would NOT be working to pay him top 5 at his position, when he isn't a top 15 player.

Joe Thuney would have been - as I believe it was for Veach - a mandate from the owner. Up to me, absolutely not do I ever want to pay top dollar for a guard. Draft guys, extend them before they are in the last year of their deal, or trade them away.

Not a top 15 LT?

Yeah, I don't agree with that.

CatfishBob2
05-23-2022, 10:39 AM
I think they could retain anyone they want to. I'm saying I don't think that spending big money on a RB is a prudent use of our limited resources. For that reason, I don't think it's smart to invest in the position heavily.

Best case scenario, you burn a high pick on a RB and he exceeds expectations. Four or five years later you've earned the right to sign him to a $17m AAV deal just as he's leaving his prime..? Not a good deal most times. We've seen that play out with literally every big money contract handed out to elite RBs over the last 5 years or so. Every time, people say "well this time is different". They did that with Zeke, then Bell, then it happened with CMC. Every time, the guy doesn't really live up to the hype.

Like O.city said, churn 'em and burn 'em. Get your four-ish years out of the guy then let someone else pay him.

You're talking top five draft picks earning market setting contracts. I'm talking about retaining good players. The Bills have drafted an RB in the top 4 rounds in 3 of the last 4 drafts. No reason we can't do more at RB. A top 5-10 RB shouldn't break the bank if we landed one

staylor26
05-23-2022, 10:47 AM

This is absurd. Orlando Brown is easily a top 15 LT.

O.city
05-23-2022, 10:54 AM

It seems players want the one year prove it deals more thee days, I'd rather do more just to possibly squeeze more value out but I like it just fine.

Especially for a RB.

O.city
05-23-2022, 10:55 AM
This is absurd. Orlando Brown is easily a top 15 LT.

I can see the "not top 5" argument. That's fine.

But not in the best 15 LT's? I dont' see 14 better.

Molitoth
05-23-2022, 10:57 AM
The Chiefs could have had Barry Sanders the last 2 seasons and it wouldn't have mattered. Fact is, the Chiefs have been a pass-first team, and Mahomes is a down field passer.

Little checkdowns. Not many run plays. Previously had a shitty run blocking Line, built for pass protection.

CEH and any scrub on this offense COULD potentially have a great numbers year, but it's really up to Reid/Bienemy and Mahomes to make it happen. We've seen success from a scrub like Gore, and we saw some beastmode from McKinnon.... but then the Chiefs offense goes away from those plays.

Personally I think this offense is going to mature this year and start mixing in the RB more considering the way defenses have adapted to our downfield attack. I hope I am right.

staylor26
05-23-2022, 11:02 AM

Agreed.

PAChiefsGuy
05-23-2022, 11:03 AM
The Chiefs could have had Barry Sanders the last 2 seasons and it wouldn't have mattered. Fact is, the Chiefs have been a pass-first team, and Mahomes is a down field passer.

Little checkdowns. Not many run plays. Previously had a shitty run blocking Line, built for pass protection.

CEH and any scrub on this offense COULD potentially have a great numbers year, but it's really up to Reid/Bienemy and Mahomes to make it happen. We've seen success from a scrub like Gore, and we saw some beastmode from McKinnon.... but then the Chiefs offense goes away from those plays.

Personally I think this offense is going to mature this year and start mixing in the RB more considering the way defenses have adapted to our downfield attack. I hope I am right.

Kareem Hunt says hello.

Having an upgrade at RB would definitely make a difference in this offense. Fact is, CEH isn't that good and neither are the other RBs we have so it's been holding this offense back.

But yes Reid teams are generally always pass first, second, with running plays never being a major focus but to act like RB is a position that doesn't matter in this offense is taking it too far...

Rainbarrel
05-23-2022, 11:08 AM
With the salary cap jumping, overpaying today is only temporary

Hoover
05-23-2022, 11:14 AM
I'm fine with Thuney, because at the time we had absolutely nothing else on the Oline. And I mean nothing. Yeah its pretty easy to look back now with Creed and Smith being studs and say we didn't need to pay him the money, but that is not the reality that we were living in.

The good news is this. You have Thuney under contract for 4 more years. And we can move on from him pretty easily after 2023, which we may want to do because it will be time to pay Humphries and Smith.

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 11:16 AM
Kareem Hunt says hello.

Having an upgrade at RB would definitely make a difference in this offense. Fact is, CEH isn't that good and neither are the other RBs we have so it's been holding this offense back.

But yes Reid teams are generally always pass first, second, with running plays never being a major focus but to act like RB is a position that doesn't matter in this offense is taking it too far...

Yep 100%. With that being said here is a thought exercise for anyone, if we still had KH or comparable RB do teams still change up their defense to play 2 high on us?

staylor26
05-23-2022, 11:17 AM
As for Thuney, him and Brown are the only guys we will be paying top dollar on the OL.

Absolutely no issue with giving Mahomes the best OL in the league for the next few years.

saphojunkie
05-23-2022, 11:17 AM

I don't see 17 that are worse. :shrug:

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 11:19 AM
As for Thuney, him and Brown are the only guys we will be paying top dollar on the OL.

Absolutely no issue with giving Mahomes the best OL in the league for the next few years.

definitely. Have to protect our half -billion dollar investment

staylor26
05-23-2022, 11:20 AM
I don't see 17 that are worse. :shrug:

Awful take.

saphojunkie
05-23-2022, 11:20 AM

Both moves were absolutely solid. Love them. However, Brown simply does not have the physical skills to deal with a speed rush. He can't get there. Consistently was beat by it.

Once we started chipping, he was terrific. But, if you're going to get the kind of money he wants, I don't think you should have quite as glaring of a weakness.

maybe he gets better, but I don't see how that happens. For my eyes, it was simply a lack of lateral quickness I saw from the very beginning that never improved.

CatfishBob2
05-23-2022, 11:23 AM
It makes me want to pull my hair out how little they've valued RB lately, especially with all the additions to the OL. I love Pat but name the greatest QB to do it without a decent running back. Brady may be 1

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 11:25 AM

I'm gonna be honest, you'd be like... the worst GM ever lol

saphojunkie
05-23-2022, 11:28 AM
Awful take.

It's no different than saying "I don't see 14 better."

Like... do we want to act like we can go through 32 left tackles in the league and rank them in any objective way? That's silly.

The reality is that there are a certain number of guys who are elite at their position. the rest are in the wash. Do we think Brown is elite at his position? Because that is binary. You are or you're not. I don't care if you're the 9th best LT or the 32nd. If you aren't elite, it is detrimental to the team to pay you elite money.

So, yeah, me saying "top 15" is misleading, as it implies there is an actual numerical order to how good a player is. It's not really quantifiable.

I like him as a player, I don't love him.

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 11:29 AM
Both moves were absolutely solid. Love them. However, Brown simply does not have the physical skills to deal with a speed rush. He can't get there. Consistently was beat by it.

Once we started chipping, he was terrific. But, if you're going to get the kind of money he wants, I don't think you should have quite as glaring of a weakness.

maybe he gets better, but I don't see how that happens. For my eyes, it was simply a lack of lateral quickness I saw from the very beginning that never improved.

Some of that was\is on Pat though for dropping 20 yds back. I believe they both started jelling later in the season and got a good rhythm going between them. OBJ only gave up 4 sacks all season with most of them in the first part of it.

saphojunkie
05-23-2022, 11:31 AM
I'm gonna be honest, you'd be like... the worst GM ever lol

lol maybe. But doubtful. Everyone shits on teams that trade away stars when it happens. Then they suck their dicks when they have amazing drafts.

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 11:32 AM
You're talking top five draft picks earning market setting contracts. I'm talking about retaining good players. The Bills have drafted an RB in the top 4 rounds in 3 of the last 4 drafts. No reason we can't do more at RB. A top 5-10 RB shouldn't break the bank if we landed one

The top 8 RBs AAV range from $12m-16m.

We were able to get great production out of Damien Williams for $2.5m/year and McKinnon for $1m/year.

If the option is Kamara at $15m/year or a stable of Damien Williams and Jerick Mckinnons for a total of $5m/year, I think I'd go with the scrubs.

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 11:45 AM
lol maybe. But doubtful. Everyone shits on teams that trade away stars when it happens. Then they suck their dicks when they have amazing drafts.

I think, like anything in life, there's a good balance.

I don't prefer to trade away picks and then have to sign guys to mega-extensions ala Orlando Brown Jr and Frank Clark, but they have their place.

I don't prefer to have our two highest paid offensive guys besides the QB being a LG and TE but Thuney helped anchor the complete OL rebuild in one offseason and Kelce's contract vs production has paid dividends.

It sounds to me like our team would basically consist of Pat, Frank Clark, Chris Jones and a bunch of Daniel Sorenson level players if you were in charge lol if that's your philosophy then you need to ace literally every draft to keep replacing guys. Truth is, you'll need to open up your pocketbook a bit to keep some of them, even the ones with low positional value. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

O.city
05-23-2022, 11:49 AM
It's no different than saying "I don't see 14 better."

Like... do we want to act like we can go through 32 left tackles in the league and rank them in any objective way? That's silly.

The reality is that there are a certain number of guys who are elite at their position. the rest are in the wash. Do we think Brown is elite at his position? Because that is binary. You are or you're not. I don't care if you're the 9th best LT or the 32nd. If you aren't elite, it is detrimental to the team to pay you elite money.

So, yeah, me saying "top 15" is misleading, as it implies there is an actual numerical order to how good a player is. It's not really quantifiable.

I like him as a player, I don't love him.

There's what, 3 elite LT's in football? If that's what you're looking for, fine. Gonna have to either trade a bunch for one, trade way up in the draft to get one (they go in the top 5) or pay in FA (they were going to with Williams).

As you're stumbling around trying to say here, Brown is probably good/great but not elite. Could he get to the elite level? I doubt it, but he's still pretty young so there's some development still there.

But LT is similar to QB in that if you don't have one, you do all you can to get one and once you get one you pay him and forget about it.

If you don't want to pay Brown, again, I'm fine with it. But getting one of his level or better is going to be very difficult. If you wanna get worse at LT but keep that powder dry and try to get by with a guy that's not as good as Brown but use that money elsewhere, that's another way to go.

Then you get into OL stability and such as it's more about the whole than it's parts so it's not the worst idea. But again, you're talking about the guy protecting your most prized possession. So I doubt they plan on cobbling something together there.

CatfishBob2
05-23-2022, 11:54 AM
The top 8 RBs AAV range from $12m-16m.

We were able to get great production out of Damien Williams for $2.5m/year and McKinnon for $1m/year.

If the option is Kamara at $15m/year or a stable of Damien Williams and Jerick Mckinnons for a total of $5m/year, I think I'd go with the scrubs.

We got great production out of Mckinnon?

I'm all for churning free agents through. But you selling yourself short relying on bottom barrel free agents. For a franchise with such rich RB history I would expect fans to expect better

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 12:02 PM
We got great production out of Mckinnon?

I'm all for churning free agents through. But you selling yourself short relying on bottom barrel free agents. For a franchise with such rich RB history I would expect fans to expect better

In limited playing time? Yes. Absolutely.

He averaged over 5 YPC and 8 YPR in limited time in the regular season.

When he was thrust into a more prominent role in the postseason, he did well too. He averaged over 100 yards from scrimmage in 3 postseason games. In two of the three games, he averaged over 5 YPC and in all three games he averaged over 10 YPR. That's pretty baller, honestly.

If CEH played that well I wouldn't have an issue with him.

CatfishBob2
05-23-2022, 12:21 PM
I'm not interested in paying out a top 5 AAV RB contract. I said top 5-10 would probably be doable. Mckinnon is the example of a great value last year. Me personally I would be hunting for values like that while also looking for the guy at RB in the draft. If he earns top 5 contract after 4 years fine...let him walk find another...my point is we should be taking more shots at RB rather than settling for the bargain bin....it's really a disservice to Pat

saphojunkie
05-23-2022, 12:22 PM
In limited playing time? Yes. Absolutely.

He averaged over 5 YPC and 8 YPR in limited time in the regular season.

When he was thrust into a more prominent role in the postseason, he did well too. He averaged over 100 yards from scrimmage in 3 postseason games. In two of the three games, he averaged over 5 YPC and in all three games he averaged over 10 YPR. That's pretty baller, honestly.

If CEH played that well I wouldn't have an issue with him.

He has the added albatross of having been drafted ahead of Tee Higgins.

Infidel Goat
05-23-2022, 12:27 PM
I'm just here to remind people that Mike Cloud was a second-round pick who averaged 3.26 YPC in his four seasons with the Chiefs. He was the true definition of "3 yards and a cloud of dust."

CEH averaged 4.4 and 4.3 YPC in his first two seasons. I'm hoping he'll outperform those numbers in the next two years at a relatively low cost. If he doesn't impress Veach, the Chiefs will refuse to exercise the fifth-year option and move on to another low-cost option. We're paying CEH less than $11 million for his first four years.

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 12:28 PM
He has the added albatross of having been drafted ahead of Tee Higgins.

Higgins is a tough one. Shenault or Claypool would probably have been better picks as well.

I think CEH will always be married to the RBs from that class, though. Early returns make CEH over Jonathon Taylor a really tough pill to swallow, but even Swift, Akers, Dobbins, etc. would have been better picks.

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 12:33 PM
I'm not interested in paying out a top 5 AAV RB contract. I said top 5-10 would probably be doable. Mckinnon is the example of a great value last year. Me personally I would be hunting for values like that while also looking for the guy at RB in the draft. If he earns top 5 contract after 4 years fine...let him walk find another...my point is we should be taking more shots at RB rather than settling for the bargain bin....it's really a disservice to Pat

Hey, I can understand your point of view. I just disagree is all. I really don't think RB is very important and I think the resources we've put toward the position is actually pretty good (aside from CEH).

The strength of this team lies in the pass with Mahomes and Reid. That likely will never change as long as Reid is the head coach. I'd much prefer to spend those 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders on WRs, OL, pass rusher, CB, etc.

Those positions, if you hit, can be expected to be productive players for the team 5-10 years from the time they're drafted. Even great RBs, that is a tall order. These days, even a good RB is underperforming based on his contract by the time he's on his first extension.

I'm just here to remind people that Mike Cloud was a second-round pick who averaged 3.26 YPC in his four seasons with the Chiefs. He was the true definition of "3 yards and a cloud of dust."

CEH averaged 4.4 and 4.3 YPC in his first two seasons. I'm hoping he'll outperform those numbers in the next two years at a relatively low cost. If he doesn't impress Veach, the Chiefs will refuse to exercise the fifth-year option and move on to another low-cost option. We're paying CEH less than $11 million for his first four years.

Mike Cloud was drafted in 1999 so technically you can count him toward my criteria, but he really doesn't match the spirit of the discussion!

saphojunkie
05-23-2022, 12:48 PM
Higgins is a tough one. Shenault or Claypool would probably have been better picks as well.

I think CEH will always be married to the RBs from that class, though. Early returns make CEH over Jonathon Taylor a really tough pill to swallow, but even Swift, Akers, Dobbins, etc. would have been better picks.

Look on the bright side. He'll only be married to them for like two more years - most of them won't even be starters anymore, because the attrition is so awful.

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 12:59 PM
One thing I totally agree with O.City and others is not to pay big money for RB's. Look at Ezekiel Elliott, the dude looks washed and Dallas is on the hook for $18 million this year and $17 million next year. Damn he has a dead money cap charge of $30 million this year.

https://overthecap.com/player/ezekiel-elliott/4717/

CatfishBob2
05-23-2022, 01:04 PM
The strength of this team lies in the pass with Mahomes and Reid. That likely will never change as long as Reid is the head coach. I'd much prefer to spend those 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders on WRs, OL, pass rusher, CB, etc.

I don't even think it's Reid’s style as much as wanting to tailor the offense to what Pat did in college. You have to evolve at some point though.... what would that look like?

One thing I totally agree with O.City and others is not to pay big money for RB's. Look at Ezekiel Elliott, the dude looks washed and Dallas is on the hook for $18 million this year and $17 million next year. Damn he has a dead money cap charge of $30 million this year.

We shouldn't betting setting the market at any position besides QB. There's a sweet spot though

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 01:18 PM

This is lowkey an unpopular opinion, but I actually think Zeke Elliott's contract has been one of the better market-setting contracts for RBs in recent times. He is definitely not as good as he was when he first came in the league, but he has developed into an incredible blocker on 3rd down. Obviously it's not ideal but his contract vs production is much better than Leveon Bell with the Jets, CMC with the Panthers, etc.

I don't even think it's Reid’s style as much as wanting to tailor the offense to what Pat did in college. You have to evolve at some point though.... what would that look like?

Even when we had Alex Smith, Reid was still leaning heavily on the pass.

It's like Reid evolved long before the league caught on. Reid consistently fields some of the better offenses in the NFL.

saphojunkie
05-23-2022, 01:40 PM
This is lowkey an unpopular opinion, but I actually think Zeke Elliott's contract has been one of the better market-setting contracts for RBs in recent times. He is definitely not as good as he was when he first came in the league, but he has developed into an incredible blocker on 3rd down. Obviously it's not ideal but his contract vs production is much better than Leveon Bell with the Jets, CMC with the Panthers, etc.

Even when we had Alex Smith, Reid was still leaning heavily on the pass.

It's like Reid evolved long before the league caught on. Reid consistently fields some of the better offenses in the NFL.

I remember when everyone was aghast at the Eagles throwing it fifty times in a game. Like... it was unthinkable.

O.city
05-23-2022, 01:43 PM
I can't imagine anyone wanting to take the ball out of Mahomes hands though. I mean, sure at some point run it a few times.

But statistically, I'd think we want him making decisions more than not.

dirk digler
05-23-2022, 02:08 PM

Yeah that is probably an unpopular opinion. I bet Dallas would love to get out of that contract if they could. Doesn't look like they will be able to until 2024 and by then he will definitely be done.

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 02:21 PM
I remember when everyone was aghast at the Eagles throwing it fifty times in a game. Like... it was unthinkable.

Yep, he was throwing the ball 70/30 back in the early-mid 2000s when RBs were king lol Reid is a guru

I can't imagine anyone wanting to take the ball out of Mahomes hands though. I mean, sure at some point run it a few times.

This is ultimately the argument against spending resources on RB. Giving our RBs more carries takes the ball out of Mahomes' hands and actually does our opponents a favor.

Outside of that second half of the AFCCG against the Bengals (fuck, he was so, so bad), I trust Patrick with the ball in his hands.

Yeah that is probably an unpopular opinion. I bet Dallas would love to get out of that contract if they could. Doesn't look like they will be able to until 2024 and by then he will definitely be done.

Oh, it was and is not a good contract. Just saying, it's the least bad of all those market-setters. The Jets had no business investing in a RB with so many holes and as amazing as CMC was, the Panthers have gotten basically nothing from him since he signed that extension.

ThaVirus
05-23-2022, 02:22 PM
Man, I have dominated this thread today.

Thanks for the good conversations and listening to me talk, betches!

CatfishBob2
05-23-2022, 02:25 PM

It could only help Mahomes.

I was looking at Reid's offenses in his history. His offenses on average are near the middle of the league in rush attempts. But last year we were 20th in attempts, 16th in yards but 7th in yards per attmept........How? Better yet why wouldn't you run it more

PAChiefsGuy
05-23-2022, 02:33 PM

I've seen Mahomes have bad games or halfs where a solid running game would have definitely benefitted him.

Obvious example is his last game against the Bengals
He was awful in the 2nd half.

He's human, Chiefs cannot expect him to ball out every single game.

O.city
05-23-2022, 02:34 PM
It could only help Mahomes.

I was looking at Reid's offenses in his history. His offenses on average are near the middle of the league in rush attempts. But last year we were 20th in attempts, 16th in yards but 7th in yards per attmept........How? Better yet why wouldn't you run it more

Help him by taking the ball out of his hands?

O.city
05-23-2022, 02:36 PM
I've seen Mahomes have bad games or halfs where a solid running game would have definitely benefitted him.

Obvious example is his last game against the Bengals
He was awful in the 2nd half.

The Chiefs are at their best when Mahomes is dealing and throwing the ball around.

Live with the bad if you want the good. He needs to be better, sure.

But any time he hands it off, the defense celebrates. I'd not do that.

CatfishBob2
05-23-2022, 02:42 PM
We are at our best with Pat slinging it. Until we're not. We shouldnt be too proud to hand the ball off, epecially if its working. The run game and pass game goes hand in hand. Pat had his best season when he had the best running back he's ever had.

Hunt
Ware
West

was a stable, we have nothing close to that right now

O.city
05-23-2022, 02:58 PM
We are at our best with Pat slinging it. Until we're not. We shouldnt be too proud to hand the ball off, epecially if its working. The run game and pass game goes hand in hand. Pat had his best season when he had the best running back he's ever had.

Hunt
Ware
West

was a stable, we have nothing close to that right now

He also had a healthy Watkins, Tyreek and Kelce in their prime and he threw it alot.

It's not 1994.

Tribal Warfare
05-23-2022, 03:05 PM
Help him by taking the ball out of his hands?

Yes, if he is having a bad or average day.

CatfishBob2
05-23-2022, 03:11 PM
He also had a healthy Watkins, Tyreek and Kelce in their prime and he threw it alot.

It's not 1994.

Yes he did have those guys. That's what a complete roster looks like. No s***t it isn't 1994. My point stands, he had his best statistical season with that group of RBs

KChiefs1
05-23-2022, 03:13 PM
I blame Patrick Mahomes for making this shitty pick instead of Bart Vagich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O.city
05-23-2022, 03:20 PM
Yes he did have those guys. That's what a complete roster looks like. No s***t it isn't 1994. My point stands, he had his best statistical season with that group of RBs

So his best season occurred when he had 2 UDFA RB's and 7 games from a 3rd rounder.

You're making a compelling argument for paying RBs and handing hte ball off

ThyKingdomCome15
05-23-2022, 03:24 PM
I was a Dobbins guy personally. Turns out neither can stay healthy.

Easy 6
05-23-2022, 03:27 PM

Swift would've been perfect for Reids offense

As for CEH, it is my fervent wish that he spends the majority of games on the bench

O.city
05-23-2022, 03:29 PM
Yes, if he is having a bad or average day.

Live by the sword die by the sword.

Tribal Warfare
05-23-2022, 03:36 PM
Live by the sword die by the sword.

Then you have the losing 2021 AFCC game without adjustments.

WIth this O-Line it was stupid to stray from it when Patrick was struggling

staylor26
05-23-2022, 04:34 PM
Swift would've been perfect for Reids offense

As for CEH, it is my fervent wish that he spends the majority of games on the bench

Beyond silly. He’s still the best back on this roster.

The CEH hate is just ridiculous at this point.

TEX
05-23-2022, 04:47 PM

CEH may be the "best" on the roster, but he's a JAG.

PHOG
05-23-2022, 05:53 PM
I blame Patrick Mahomes for making this shitty pick instead of Bart Vagich.

Here's to him NEVER becoming a GM! :harumph:

Pitt Gorilla
05-23-2022, 07:29 PM

Chief Fans are so fucking stupid. Once they've decided they don't like someone, it's over.

ThaVirus
05-24-2022, 06:23 AM
Unfortunately he probably is the best back still on the roster. Not that that's saying much. It's just him, Darrel Williams, and a couple rookies lol

Another issue Clyde is going to face early in the season is that we have cut a lot of the trashcans on the squad. Now that we don't have Sorenson, Neimann, Demarcus Robinson to shit on, CEH is going to be higher on everyone's shit list.

Who is left to hate? Frank Clark is easily the king of shit mountain, but other than that it's maybe whoever wins the RT spot..?

RealSNR
05-24-2022, 06:39 AM

What the hell has Dobbins done that Clyde hasn’t?

ThaVirus
05-24-2022, 06:41 AM
What the hell has Dobbins done that Clyde hasn’t?

Uhhh.. passed the eye test lol

Dunerdr
05-24-2022, 06:54 AM
Unfortunately he probably is the best back still on the roster. Not that that's saying much. It's just him, Darrel Williams, and a couple rookies lol

Another issue Clyde is going to face early in the season is that we have cut a lot of the trashcans on the squad. Now that we don't have Sorenson, Neimann, Demarcus Robinson to shit on, CEH is going to be higher on everyone's shit list.

Who is left to hate? Frank Clark is easily the king of shit mountain, but other than that it's maybe whoever wins the RT spot..?

Did we resign Darrel?

RealSNR
05-24-2022, 06:57 AM
Uhhh.. passed the eye test lol

I’d rather have JK Simmons at RB than JK Dobbins

ThaVirus
05-24-2022, 06:58 AM
Did we resign Darrel?

Shit, man. It looks like we didn't.

Sorry, I hardly pay attention to the bottom half of the roster in the offseason until training camp starts.

It's basically CEH, RoJo and a bunch of rookies. Chiefs.com has Derrick Gore still on the roster as well so this RB room is actual garbage.

ThaVirus
05-24-2022, 07:00 AM

He's actually jacked af these days lol

On the real, though, he averaged 6 YPC his rookie season and had 9 TDs. That is extremely impressive.

I won't hold the injury against him. If he had played for us, he may have never gotten hurt.

Dunerdr
05-24-2022, 07:12 AM

Sorry, I hardly pay attention to the bottom half of the roster in the offseason until training camp starts.

It's basically CEH, RoJo and a bunch of rookies. Chiefs.com has Derrick Gore still on the roster as well so this RB room is actual garbage.

It was a legit question lol. It seems like a very chiefs thing to do. I fully expected him back and thought i just missed it.

TEX
05-24-2022, 07:19 AM

Especially if Naing is said RT.

KCrockaholic
05-24-2022, 07:23 AM
If you guys are ever interested in looking at the best tracked depth charts in the NFL, just use Ourlads.com The NFL.com and team specific websites totally suck. Ourlads keeps everything updated each day.

ThaVirus
05-24-2022, 07:28 AM
Especially if Naing is said RT.

Yep, my prediction for Shit List rankings this upcoming season will be:

1. Frank Clark
2. Deandre Baker if he sees any meaningful snaps
3. CEH
4. Hardman
5. Niang or whoever wins the RT spot

I actually think the OL as a unit will do well this season so whoever is plugged in at RT actually won't catch as much shit as they did these last couple seasons. It'll still likely be the weakest spot on our line, though.

notorious
05-24-2022, 07:28 AM

It's certainly average to below average.

We have a pretty damn good line so things should be fine.

ThaVirus
05-24-2022, 07:31 AM

Agreed. I'm on record that I don't mind bargain bin shopping for RBs anyway. We just need a guy who won't fumble and takes what's blocked up. If we can find a guy who is dangerous as a pass catcher, it'll definitely add another element to our offense, but I don't want to overspend for that guy.

RoJo is a bum but he's actually a good pickup. He's got potential as a reclamation project.

Take a look at his pre-draft NFL comp:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ronald-jones/32004a4f-4e70-5925-2b49-5f67cfbf7e05

(It's Jamaal Charles in case you don't want to look)

notorious
05-24-2022, 07:32 AM
Agreed. I'm on record that I don't mind bargain bin shopping for RBs anyway. We just need a guy who won't fumble and takes what's blocked up. If we can find a guy who is dangerous as a pass catcher, it'll definitely add another element to our offense, but I don't want to overspend for that guy.

RoJo is a bum but he's actually a good pickup. He's got potential as a reclamation project.

I can't handle a second dose of morning wood.

CatfishBob2
05-24-2022, 07:34 AM

:banghead:

Bowser
05-24-2022, 09:57 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BwSts2s4ba4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
05-24-2022, 12:04 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BwSts2s4ba4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey, I didn’t say I’d rather have JK Rowling at RB!

Kiimo
05-24-2022, 02:45 PM
Some of you need to kind of wake up on where CEH actually ranks.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL 2022 RB rankings <a href="https://t.co/rNsxcKq80W">pic.twitter.com/rNsxcKq80W</a></p>&mdash; Joel Moran (@joelvmoran) <a href="https://twitter.com/joelvmoran/status/1528497529125470208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Easy 6
05-24-2022, 02:59 PM

We'll have to see how the RB room shakes out of course, but I'm not convinced he's the best guy in that room right now

He's slow, lacks vision, and you have to wonder why he is almost never used in the pass game... which was seemingly one of his strengths coming out

Its now or never for that kid, he has 5 MANSTERS in front of him now

He can start tearing shit up or get bent

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL 2022 RB rankings <a href="https://t.co/rNsxcKq80W">pic.twitter.com/rNsxcKq80W</a></p>&mdash; Joel Moran (@joelvmoran) <a href="https://twitter.com/joelvmoran/status/1528497529125470208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To wit...

notorious
05-24-2022, 03:04 PM
Had to go all the way to 8 before seeing a team that was successful in the playoffs, then it's very lean after that.

Kiimo
05-24-2022, 03:06 PM
Are we just ignoring the Saints playoffs now that Brees is retired

notorious
05-24-2022, 03:19 PM
Are we just ignoring the Saints playoffs now that Brees is retired

Do they still have a team?

Kiimo
05-24-2022, 03:24 PM
Ha no but you said was successful in the playoffs, the Saints and Titans have been successful just not as much as us.

But there is a good point that a great RB doesn't really do much for your team wins-wise.

notorious
05-24-2022, 03:26 PM
Ha no but you said was successful in the playoffs, the Saints and Titans have been successful just not as much as us.

But there is a good point that a great RB doesn't really do much for your team wins-wise.

The ranking was based on last season. So, last season's playoffs. Sorry, I should have clarified.

TEX
05-24-2022, 05:11 PM

Bet he's TOP 10 on the JAG list though, so there!

Bl00dyBizkitz
05-24-2022, 05:17 PM

Probably Juju/MVS if our offense takes a step back. (Spoilers: it probably will)

Stryker
05-24-2022, 06:07 PM

THIS! He is NOT even on the list! Silly? Ok, this is year 3 so, hopefully he "breaks" out but, I am not and will not hold my breath. The writing is on the wall and we wasted a 1st round draft pick - it happens. Learn and move on.

Sassy Squatch
05-24-2022, 06:15 PM
LMAO Who the fuck is Joel and why should I care how he ranks RBs? Y'all realize that list is the opinion of a dude with less than 2k followers an not based on any facts or stats, right?

ChiefAshhole1056
05-24-2022, 06:22 PM
LMAO Who the **** is Joel and why should I care how he ranks RBs? Y'all realize that list is the opinion of a dude with less than 2k followers an not based on any facts or stats, right?

Who would you take off the list to replace with Clyde?

Sassy Squatch
05-24-2022, 06:23 PM
What? Clyde is on the list.

ChiefAshhole1056
05-24-2022, 06:36 PM
Didn’t realize I had to open it to see him at the bottom of it lol. My b.

Stryker
05-24-2022, 06:37 PM

Oh buy all means, entertain us! Who EXACTLY please! #WAITING He is near the BOTTOM of the list. Like I said it is year 3 so I EXPECT a solid year or simply write him off as a bust.

Sassy Squatch
05-24-2022, 06:44 PM
I mean, if you really need a glaring example of just how worthless that list is McCaffrey at 6 should be a blaring alarm, but let's do a little exercise to further demonstrate it.

Player A: 4.4 YPC, 53.1 YPG, 4 TDs

Player B: 4.3 YPC, 51.7 YPG, 4 TDs

tredadda
05-24-2022, 06:59 PM
Oh buy all means, entertain us! Who EXACTLY please! #WAITING He is near the BOTTOM of the list. Like I said it is year 3 so I EXPECT a solid year or simply write him off as a bust.

Breece Hall and Saquon. Breece has yet to play a game and Saquon, based on where he was taken has been a far bigger disappointment. Many might be upset with CEH, but at least he was taken #32 and not top 5.

threebag
05-24-2022, 07:13 PM
Some of you guys are making a gallbladder sound like goddamn covid, monkey pox or Arkancide. It’s not a damn death sentence, especially when you have access to the best medical care on the face of the freaking earth. He has sucked, does suck and will suck. I’d rather have Larry Johnson back at this point and I was glad they cut his ass.

-King-
05-24-2022, 08:53 PM
LMAO Who the fuck is Joel and why should I care how he ranks RBs? Y'all realize that list is the opinion of a dude with less than 2k followers an not based on any facts or stats, right?

...why does number of followers matter?

notorious
05-24-2022, 09:06 PM
I mean, if you really need a glaring example of just how worthless that list is McCaffrey at 6 should be a blaring alarm, but let's do a little exercise to further demonstrate it.

Player A: 4.4 YPC, 53.1 YPG, 4 TDs

Player B: 4.3 YPC, 51.7 YPG, 4 TDs

Just shows how unimportant RB is in the grand scheme of things.

JohnnyV13
05-24-2022, 09:58 PM
RoJo is a bum bu

That a horrid analysis. Look at the 40 time: 4.65. Jones simply doesn't have home run ability like Charles.

ChiefAshhole1056
05-25-2022, 01:50 AM
RoJo is much closer to Knile Davis than Jamaal.

Sassy Squatch
05-25-2022, 04:06 AM
...why does number of followers matter?
Because it establishes that he's a random person on Twitter that made a list based on his opinion. It's literally meaningless when it comes to discussing CEH.

There's plenty of ways to point out the fact that CEH thus far has been a mediocre at best RB and a disappointment for his draft slot. A rando's personal RB rankings doesn't register at all.

ThaVirus
05-25-2022, 07:03 AM
Yeah, I've got no love for CEH but even I'm not sure I could put him at #32. At the same time, I struggle to find many other starting backs I'd put behind him.

I think I'd put Melvin Gordon below CEH.

That tells me that CEH is a bottom third starting RB in the NFL at best.

The issue with any list ranking these RBs is going to be criteria. Where do you put guys like CMC and Saquon? They've shown that they can be elite, but it's been years since they've produced at that level. Breece Hall has yet to play an NFL snap. Where do you put guys like James Conner, Cordarrelle Patterson and Lenny Fournette who have been decent their entire career but had a resurgence last season? (James Conner scored 18 TDs last year).

In any case, that dude's list is pretty funky. In no universe is Melvin Gordon a better RB than Kareem Hunt.

ThaVirus
05-25-2022, 07:09 AM
That a horrid analysis. Look at the 40 time: 4.65. Jones simply doesn't have home run ability like Charles.

I don't follow college football so I can't argue about his pre-draft comp but I have to agree, on the surface that doesn't make much sense.

RoJo doesn't have Charles' speed and though they're of similar height, Jones has like 10-15 pounds on JC. I assumed the comparison must have been weighted heavily on their running style.

JPH83
05-25-2022, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I've got no love for CEH but even I'm not sure I could put him at #32. At the same time, I struggle to find many other starting backs I'd put behind him.

I think I'd put Melvin Gordon below CEH.

That tells me that CEH is a bottom third starting RB in the NFL at best.

The issue with any list ranking these RBs is going to be criteria. Where do you put guys like CMC and Saquon? They've shown that they can be elite, but it's been years since they've produced at that level. Breece Hall has yet to play an NFL snap. Where do you put guys like James Conner, Cordarrelle Patterson and Lenny Fournette who have been decent their entire career but had a resurgence last season? (James Conner scored 18 TDs last year).

In any case, that dude's list is pretty funky. In no universe is Melvin Gordon a better RB than Kareem Hunt.

Yeah, I think there's some odd ones. After Patterson's year he surely needs to be higher. On the other hand guys like Barkley, Kamara, Swift and Gibson stunk last year. I mean, it's hard to put CEH above Barkley and Kamara, but I 'd put him ahead of the others. I don't like CEH but I've seen people saying they'd prefer Swift and I really don't see it.

irafreak
05-25-2022, 08:46 AM
Some of you guys are making a gallbladder sound like goddamn covid, monkey pox or Arkancide. It’s not a damn death sentence, especially when you have access to the best medical care on the face of the freaking earth. He has sucked, does suck and will suck. I’d rather have Larry Johnson back at this point and I was glad they cut his ass.
Right because an athlete in his prime will fair better after having an organ removed than an illness. The gallbladder is a key part of digestion. People often have issues with any foods containing fats for years afterwards. An athlete suddenly having to drastically alter his diet would absolutely affect energy levels and could make him feel pretty sick while his liver is adjusting to producing extra bile on the fly. No amount of expert care can predict exactly how a body will respond to stuff like this.

Shields68
05-25-2022, 08:49 AM

Guess it depends is this a fantasy football ranking or is this a real life talent or real life including contracts.

In the first the key is more about is Clyde going to start and get 65% of the carries if he does just sheer talent of the offense and especially the line will make him better then 2/3 of the guys on the list.

In the second talent wise I think Zeeke is done, Robinson coming off major injury is huge question mark, a few others would not fit the offense.

Factoring contracts I would guess 1/2 of those are just not realistic for our salary cap and team no way would we trade CEH straight up for them. Barkley, McCaffery, Zeke, Henry...

ThaVirus
05-25-2022, 09:17 AM
I don't like CEH but I've seen people saying they'd prefer Swift and I really don't see it.

I would actually trade CEH for Swift straight up.

My reasoning is that Swift appears to be what we all hoped CEH would be in this offense- a great receiver out of the backfield. He's not been great rushing the rock but he also plays for the Lions. 4.3 career YPC average and I think that would be a bit better in our offense with better opportunities.

Couldn't really complain about a guy who's averaging 4.5ish YPC and adding an additional 400-500 yards receiving each season.

Iconic
05-25-2022, 09:35 AM
swift is doing more with way less. your god damn ****ing right that would be a no brainer of a trade. frankly clyde wouldn't even crack my personal 32. the vision isn't there, the speed is definitely not there, his yac ability is really only present outside the hashes unlike kamara who can work inside the numbers - so really i find it overrated as ****, he's just truthfully mid imo.

yeah maybe he turns it around and shocks us all this year but i've been talking shit since his first season and yet to eat crow so... just excited as fuck for rojo in this offense.

suzzer99
05-25-2022, 11:00 AM

Here's the draft position of the top 10 RBs on the list:

UDFA

Seems like 40-50 is the sweet spot for a top-flight RB. So to me 32 isn't that big of a reach, if he had just turned out to be good. I think the draft position was a small mistake at worst, but the execution was a big mistake.

Unless he's over the gout or whatever he had and doesn't suck this year.

UChieffyBugger
05-25-2022, 11:28 AM
Bottom line is Clyde is injury prone, has no speed, is not trusted to catch the ball because of his short arms, he's too small to push the pile & punch it in on the goal-line and his longest TD run for the Chiefs is around 30 yards which was on his debut. He's had a few good games yes, but the physical limitations, plus his durability issues, just tell me he's not who we thought he was. And the Chiefs seem to agree otherwise they wouldn't have signed Rojo, Pacheco and Ealy. They are literally screaming "we want more speed and punch" in the RB room. Imo Clyde won't be the most impactful back on the roster when it's all said and done.

threebag
05-25-2022, 11:32 AM
Right because an athlete in his prime will fair better after having an organ removed than an illness. The gallbladder is a key part of digestion. People often have issues with any foods containing fats for years afterwards. An athlete suddenly having to drastically alter his diet would absolutely affect energy levels and could make him feel pretty sick while his liver is adjusting to producing extra bile on the fly. No amount of expert care can predict exactly how a body will respond to stuff like this.

Fuck him, he probably sucked at that too :thumb:

suzzer99
05-25-2022, 11:44 AM
Bottom line is Clyde is injury prone, has no speed, is not trusted to catch the ball because of his short arms, he's too small to push the pile & punch it in on the goal-line and his longest TD run for the Chiefs is around 30 yards which was on his debut. He's had a few good games yes, but the physical limitations, plus his durability issues, just tell me he's not who we thought he was. And the Chiefs seem to agree otherwise they wouldn't have signed Rojo, Pacheco and Ealy. They are literally screaming "we want more speed and punch" in the RB room. Imo Clyde won't be the most impactful back on the roster when it's all said and done.

I don't think short arms is a big problem for a RB, especially with an accurate QB.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2022, 11:47 AM
I don't think short arms is a big problem for a RB, especially with an accurate QB.

It is, there where many passes that were tipped and out of HIS reach

JPH83
05-25-2022, 12:49 PM
I would actually trade CEH for Swift straight up.

My reasoning is that Swift appears to be what we all hoped CEH would be in this offense- a great receiver out of the backfield. He's not been great rushing the rock but he also plays for the Lions. 4.3 career YPC average and I think that would be a bit better in our offense with better opportunities.

Couldn't really complain about a guy who's averaging 4.5ish YPC and adding an additional 400-500 yards receiving each season.

Crucial point, fair.

KChiefs1
05-25-2022, 12:54 PM

1. Frank Clark
3. CEH
4. Hardman

I actually think the OL as a unit will do well this season so whoever is plugged in at RT actually won't catch as much shit as they did these last couple seasons. It'll still likely be the weakest spot on our line, though.

This would make a great thread/poll.

louie aguiar
06-01-2022, 12:44 PM
Hmm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">expected 5.3 YPC is one of the highest marks in the league but he takes no advantage of it <a href="https://t.co/qdT3vfK5Ce">pic.twitter.com/qdT3vfK5Ce</a></p>&mdash; Tej Seth (@tejfbanalytics) <a href="https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1532022058024050694?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 1, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tribal Warfare
07-07-2022, 08:22 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">KC Chiefs RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire <a href="https://twitter.com/Clydro_22?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Clydro_22</a> at Elite Training <a href="https://twitter.com/EliteTrainingBR?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@EliteTrainingBR</a> in Baton Rouge.<br><br>Work ethic is UNMATCHED! Perfection is the name of the game. And he’s trying to be the best to ever do it.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SkillzSouth?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SkillzSouth</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EliteTraining?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#EliteTraining</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DevelopmentOverHype?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DevelopmentOverHype</a> <a href="https://t.co/n3eeTzAINs">pic.twitter.com/n3eeTzAINs</a></p>&mdash; Skillz Evolution SOUTH - Craig Brodie (@coach_brodie) <a href="https://twitter.com/coach_brodie/status/1544736885079216128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 6, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rainbarrel
07-07-2022, 08:52 AM
Training in the Union, Justice and Confidence state. For the true for him, Show Me state

AdolfOliverBush
07-07-2022, 08:53 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">KC Chiefs RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire <a href="https://twitter.com/Clydro_22?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Clydro_22</a> at Elite Training <a href="https://twitter.com/EliteTrainingBR?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@EliteTrainingBR</a> in Baton Rouge.<br><br>Work ethic is UNMATCHED! Perfection is the name of the game. And he’s trying to be the best to ever do it.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SkillzSouth?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SkillzSouth</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EliteTraining?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#EliteTraining</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DevelopmentOverHype?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DevelopmentOverHype</a> <a href="https://t.co/n3eeTzAINs">pic.twitter.com/n3eeTzAINs</a></p>&mdash; Skillz Evolution SOUTH - Craig Brodie (@coach_brodie) <a href="https://twitter.com/coach_brodie/status/1544736885079216128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 6, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's nice, but I don't see how running around with a medicine ball is going to improve his vision.

TEX
07-07-2022, 08:57 AM
That's nice, but I don't see how running around with a medicine ball is going to improve his vision.

Maybe he'll incorporate a dark visor, and use The Force...

TEX
07-07-2022, 09:03 AM

1. Frank Clark
3. CEH
4. Hardman

Good list. I'd take Hardman off it though. If the Chiefs get last year's Playoff Hardman, he could be the player we all hoped he would be. Maybe it's wishful thinking of my part, but I did actually witness it last year, so I'm going to hold out hope.

-King-
07-07-2022, 09:08 AM

That might be the worst offseason workout footage I've seen an NFL player put out.

TwistedChief
07-07-2022, 09:17 AM
That might be the worst offseason workout footage I've seen an NFL player put out.

That's not actually Clyde, dude. It's Clay playing Clyde. Like when he pretended to be Tyreek and ran up a hill.

dirk digler
07-07-2022, 09:21 AM
lol trying to be the best ever. How about start out trying to be the best RB on the team first.

threebag
That's not actually Clyde, dude. It's Clay playing Clyde. Like when he pretended to be Tyreek and ran up a hill.

LMAO

staylor26

He didn't put it out.

ModSocks
07-07-2022, 09:28 AM

That's really nice lateral quickness and balance. That's the skillset everyone saw when he was first drafted.

But that's never been the problem. It's the lack of speed to do anything once he's through the hole. And the inability to stay healthy.

ThaVirus
07-07-2022, 09:37 AM
Good list. I'd take Hardman off it though. If the Chiefs get last year's Playoff Hardman, he could be the player we all hoped he would be. Maybe it's wishful thinking of my part, but I did actually witness it last year, so I'm going to hold out hope.

I actually think Hardman will be decent for us this season, but due to his draft status, propensity for boneheaded mistakes, generally not being on the same page with Mahomes, etc., he will likely continue to catch some heat from the fanbase.

staylor26
07-07-2022, 09:46 AM
I actually think Hardman will be decent for us this season, but due to his draft status, propensity for boneheaded mistakes, generally not being on the same page with Mahomes, etc., he will likely continue to catch some heat from the fanbase.

Really going out on a limb there! Lol

He's been "decent" for us every season.

ThaVirus
07-07-2022, 10:10 AM

Matter of opinion.

His production has declined every season and he was outperformed by an UDFA last season.

staylor26
07-07-2022, 10:17 AM
Matter of opinion.

His production has declined every season and he was outperformed by an UDFA last season.

He's absolutely been "decent", but you're free to believe whatever you want.

His regular season was a bit disappointing last year, but he played well down the stretch, and he's been the same player since his rookie season. If anything, he just hasn't improved on that to become a good player.

And that UDFA just earned a decent 2nd contract, because regardless of his draft status, he was pretty decent himself too.

ThaVirus
07-07-2022, 10:18 AM
but you're free to believe whatever you want.

I will, thanks!

TwistedChief
07-07-2022, 10:19 AM

I think he's been "decent" for us overall given his gadgety role but below average as an actual receiving option.

I would love for him to take a step up in the latter.

staylor26
07-07-2022, 10:21 AM
I think he's been "decent" for us overall given his gadgety role but below average as an actual receiving option.

I would love for him to take a step up in the latter.

Feels like been his best when Tyreek's out of the lineup, so it's possible.

I feel like Mahomes awful 2nd half kind of screwed him from the glory he deserved this season.

O.city
07-07-2022, 10:21 AM
Could argue he's been Dexter McCluster 2.0 at this point but with more speed and on a team with better QB'ing.

staylor26
07-07-2022, 10:26 AM
Could argue he's been Dexter McCluster 2.0 at this point but with more speed and on a team with better QB'ing.

Yea you could certainly make that dumb argument.

O.city
07-07-2022, 10:47 AM
2nd round pick that's underwhelmed and hasn't improved much at the WR spot since his first year and has to be used in gadget type situations to get him the ball?

Seems to fit pretty well?

staylor26
07-07-2022, 10:50 AM
2nd round pick that's underwhelmed and hasn't improved much at the WR spot since his first year and has to be used in gadget type situations to get him the ball?

Seems to fit pretty well?

First off, to say that Hardman is "faster" is an understatement. McCluster ran a fucking 4.58. It's not even remotely close. In terms of speed, he's much closer to CEH than Hardman.

Also, McCluster was a flat out bust, unlike Hardman. Hardman has been a productive player from year 1 despite having target monsters in Hill and Kelce to contend with.

They're both 2nd round picks, and they're gadget guys in terms of their roles. The comparison ends there.

staylor26
07-07-2022, 10:58 AM
And again, I think Hardman's play down the stretch was overshadowed by the disappointing end to our season as a team.

Even Andy has made it a point that they finally found a groove with him and he was playing his best football. If Mahomes doesn't miss him repeatedly in the 2nd half of the AFCCG, not only would we have been in the SB, Hardman would've been given a lot more credit for his play down the stretch.

Maybe that improvement we've been waiting on finally came, and we will see more of it this season.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's our leading receiver in 2022. He has as good of a shot as anybody. I don't necessarily expect it, but it's absolutely possible.

crispystl
07-07-2022, 11:02 AM
First off, to say that Hardman is "faster" is an understatement. McCluster ran a ****ing 4.58. It's not even remotely close. In terms of speed, he's much closer to CEH than Hardman.

Also, McCluster was a flat out bust, unlike Hardman. Hardman has been a productive player from year 1 despite having target monsters in Hill and Kelce to contend with.

They're both 2nd round picks, and they're gadget guys in terms of their roles. The comparison ends there.

Yeah Hardman is 3x the player McCluster was.

O.city
07-07-2022, 11:04 AM
First off, to say that Hardman is "faster" is an understatement. McCluster ran a ****ing 4.58. It's not even remotely close. In terms of speed, he's much closer to CEH than Hardman.

Statistically, without looking id imagine they're pretty similar.

I've never been much of a Hardman hater as some here. He's been a nice player for the Chiefs. But he hasn't really improved much as a WR from year one to now.

staylor26
07-07-2022, 11:11 AM
McCluster first 3 years:

989 rec yards 3 TDs

Hardman first 3 years:

1,791 rec yards 12 TDs

Damn near twice as many yards and 4 times the TDs. Hardman is also a Pro Bowl level returner.

ModSocks
07-07-2022, 11:13 AM
Statistically, without looking id imagine they're pretty similar.

Heh. Then either you're still undervaluing Hardman or way overvalued McCluster. Their production wasn't remotely similar.

O.city
07-07-2022, 11:26 AM
McCluster first 3 years:

989 rec yards 3 TDs

Hardman first 3 years:

1,791 rec yards 12 TDs

Damn near twice as many yards and 4 times the TDs. Hardman is also a Pro Bowl level returner.

Wasn't Dexter a pro bowl returner in 13?

He also had about 600 yards rushing as shitty as he was.

He was also playing with who at QB?

staylor26
07-07-2022, 11:40 AM
Wasn't Dexter a pro bowl returner in 13?

He also had about 600 yards rushing as shitty as he was.

He was also playing with who at QB?

Yes, 500 of which came from his sophomore season when they tried to use him as a legit RB.

Here's a funny stat:

McCluster averaged 8.4 YPR

Hardman averages 14.2

But yea, basically the same guy! LMAO

O.city
07-07-2022, 11:44 AM
Yes, 500 of which came from his sophomore season when they tried to use him as a legit RB.

Here's a funny stat:

McCluster averaged 8.4 YPR

Hardman averages 14.2

But yea, basically the same guy! LMAO

No nuance allowed here huh?

Who was playing QB when Dexter was playing here?

O.city
07-07-2022, 11:45 AM
Will Hardman continue his McCluster path and move on after a single rookie contract?

AdolfOliverBush
07-07-2022, 11:47 AM
C'mon, McCluster sucked balls. The Chiefs were looking for Dante Hall 2.0, and ended up with Gary Coleman 2.0.

O.city
07-07-2022, 11:48 AM
Oh he definitely sucked.

I can't imagine anyone can look at what Hardmans done and think the Chiefs are happy with how it's gone so far though either.

ModSocks
07-07-2022, 11:50 AM
No nuance allowed here huh?

Who was playing QB when Dexter was playing here?

If we're talking nuance, their skill sets aren't even remotely the same.