PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Megatron96
04-24-2020, 11:51 AM
Still won't be able to run the ball if the O-line doesn't improve. How many times did we run it straight up the gut for no gain last year???

Answer....A ton!

No, boo-boo, no.

First, the OL came together in the last quarter of the season and in the playoffs, and we were able to run much more effectively than in the first half of the season.

Second, as a pure runner, CEH has the kind of vision, football IQ, acceleration, balance, and shifty-ness to find creases to run through that no one else in the RB room has. Which you would know if you had watched the Brett Kolmann video, which explains this in a way that even dummies can understand. There's pictures with arrows and everything. You should go watch it.

So even if the call is an interior gap run, this kid has the tools to find yards that our RB group couldn't find last season, other than Shady, who is also elite in those respects.

In fact, CEH is exactly the kind of RB you want on the field when your OL isn't playing very well. This kind of ankle-breaker can effectively hide a lot of OL issues as far as the running game goes.

ChiTown
04-24-2020, 11:51 AM
How many RBs can we keep?

CEH
Damien
Washington
Thompson
Sherman

?

RBs:
CEH
Damien Williams
Darrel Williams
DeAndre Washington

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 11:52 AM
How many RBs can we keep?

CEH
Damien
Washington
Thompson
Sherman

?

Darwin’s either gone or off to the PS

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 11:54 AM
No, boo-boo, no.

First, the OL came together in the last quarter of the season and in the playoffs, and we were able to run much more effectively than in the first half of the season.

Second, as a pure runner, CEH has the kind of vision, football IQ, acceleration, balance, and shifty-ness to find creases to run through that no one else in the RB room has. Which you would know if you had watched the Brett Kolmann video, which explains this in a way that even dummies can understand. There's pictures with arrows and everything. You should go watch it.

So even if the call is an interior gap run, this kid has the tools to find yards that our RB group couldn't find last season, other than Shady, who is also elite in those respects.

In fact, CEH is exactly the kind of RB you want on the field when your OL isn't playing very well. This kind of ankle-breaker can effectively hide a lot of OL issues as far as the running game goes.

Yeah, he's got that elusiveness and change of direction to make something out of nothing. It's a rare talent, and that's what you have to have if you've got a middle of the pack at best OL.

We're also not going to suddenly hand off 30 times a game. I mean, that's just not what Andy Reid does. I don't care if we had Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

And Clyde's got a little of both of those guys going on.

lcarus
04-24-2020, 11:54 AM
Watching tape of this guy and my god, his routes as a pass catcher are dirty. His jukes are other worldly.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 11:58 AM
Watching tape of this guy and my god, his routes as a pass catcher are dirty. His jukes are other worldly.

maybe I need to quit watching his highlights.

I'm starting to get kind of silly. Funny in the head.

I'm seeing Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

with Marshall Faulk added in.

I've lost my mind.

Tell me I'm crazy.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:00 PM
I’m still intrigued by Thompson, so hopefully he can at least make an impact on STs to keep a roster spot.

Darwin Award Thompson sucks and has the worst ball awareness of any RB I've seen in decades.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:00 PM
CEH and Damian are locks

I assume the rest of the spots are up for grabs with Washington having an inside track, they may only keep 3 as honestly Darrell Williams and Darwin Thompson haven't shown all that much.

lcarus
04-24-2020, 12:01 PM
maybe I need to quit watching his highlights.

I'm starting to get kind of silly. Funny in the head.

I'm seeing Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

I've lost my mind.

Tell me I'm crazy.

All the times it appears the defense has him reeled in 5 yards behind the first down marker and he always finds a way to pick it up anyway (or get damn close) is my favorite thing about him.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 12:02 PM
Just watch his tape against Bama if you're in doubt.

Cosmos
04-24-2020, 12:02 PM
IOL, IMO. DE is sneaky thin (since Speaks sucks, K-Pass is in a contract year and Okafor is a likely cut candidate next season).

But the value wasn't there at either anymore at IOL or LB so I get it.

Agreed, but remember this name...Tim Ward, a free agent DE on the roster who was injured last year. Coaches were impressed before he went down.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:03 PM
Agreed, but remember this name...Tim Ward, a free agent DE on the roster who was injured last year. Coaches were impressed before he went down.

Him and Darius Harris both got stashed last year and are likely to be on the team this year.

ModSocks
No, boo-boo, no.

It should be noted that the corpse of Lesean McCoy averaged 4.6YPC behind this line last year.

CEH will be fine.

Cosmos
Screw Thompson. If Darrell is healthy, keep the big back with sweet pass-catching skills. Washington can spill Clyde, Darrell can spill Damien. The only upside Thompson has is that he got a lot of experience on specials last season.

Spell.....literally.

Lol

DaneMcCloud
CEH and Damian are locks

I assume the rest of the spots are up for grabs with Washington having an inside track, they may only keep 3 as honestly Darrell Williams and Darwin Thompson haven't shown all that much.

Yeah, at this point, I see CEH, Damien Williams, Washington and Sherman as their RB's on the 55 with the possibility of Darrel Williams ending up on the PS.

Although I won't be surprised if they grab at least one more RB once the UDFA signings are announced, maybe two.

If history tells us anything about the Chiefs under Reid, it's that they can never have enough running backs.

Mecca
It should be noted that the corpse of Lesean McCoy averaged 4.6YPC behind this line last year.

CEH will be fine.

McCoy looked better because he was shifty and what do you know we draft a shifty guy.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-24-2020, 12:04 PM

His change of direction defies logic. And that spin move is filthy. He flat out abused Xavier McKinney for a walk in TD.

cb15
04-24-2020, 12:04 PM
Call Houston and see what BO'B would give for Thompson :)

ThyKingdomCome15
04-24-2020, 12:05 PM
McCoy looked better because he was shifty and what do you know we draft a shifty guy.

This guy doesnt fumble though. I think McCoy cost us two games with that issue. And he nearly lost a fumble inside the 10 in Mexico too. This kid is solid in that regard. Like Kareem solid.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 12:06 PM
All the times it appears the defense has him reeled in 5 yards behind the first down marker and he always finds a way to pick it up anyway (or get damn close) is my favorite thing about him.

You ever watch Walter Payton?

It's like that.

DaneMcCloud
Still won't be able to run the ball if the O-line doesn't improve. How many times did we run it straight up the gut for no gain last year???

Answer....A ton!

The Chiefs offensive line was Bottom 5 in sacks given up last season.

The Chiefs didn't have a true Feature Back, which really hurt their running game AND their passing game because LBer's and Safeties weren't "cheating" by giving a look into the backfield because no one was afraid of 200 year old LeSean McCoy or Darrel Williams or Darwin Award Thompson.

I fucking hate you "Offensive Line!" dipshits. This isn't the 1970's, moron.

Megatron96
Yeah, he's got that elusiveness and change of direction to make something out of nothing. It's a rare talent, and that's what you have to have if you've got a middle of the pack at best OL.

We're also not going to suddenly hand off 30 times a game. I mean, that's just not what Andy Reid does. I don't care if we had Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

CEH is going to run behind Damien and Washington this season. He'll see about 15 snaps a game. Remember he has to learn the playbook, and he has to make EB believe that he can pass pro just to get on the field.

But even if he jumps into the 2nd slot behind Damien, he still won't see 20 snaps a game because Andy isn't a run-first OC. There's only about 25-30 runs total in Andy's game plan from week to week.

So you're right, even if we had Barry freaking Sanders (how ridiculous would that be) Andy still wouldn't run much more than what we've been seeing for the last couple years, because he has Mahomes/Hill/Kelce.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 12:07 PM

Heh. Watch his games against Arkansas or Texas A&M. I was fucking giddy like a school girl watching that shit.

For those of you who are reminded of Barry Sanders when you watch CEH, you have to watch those games. He does his best Barry Sanders impersonations there.

And btw, when asked who he modeled himself after, his answer was Barry Sanders.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 12:08 PM

I gotta not watch it anymore.

I'm seriously seeing Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Marshall Faulk's receiving ability.

I've lost my shit.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 12:09 PM
CEH is going to run behind Damien and Washington this season. He'll see about 15 snaps a game. Remember he has to learn the playbook, and he has to make EB believe that he can pass pro just to get on the field.

The moment Damien tweaks a groin CEH will be inserted and the Chiefs will never look back.

Like Kareem Hunt after Ware went down.

Chris Meck
Heh. Watch his games against Arkansas or Texas A&M. I was ****ing giddy like a school girl watching that shit.

For those of you who are reminded of Barry Sanders when you watch CEH, you have to watch those games. He does his best Barry Sanders impersonations there.

And btw, when asked who he modeled himself after, his answer was Barry Sanders.

there's a lot of that in his change of direction and elusiveness.

But he'll just drop his shoulder and plow for the extra yards too, and that's kind of what makes me think of Payton.

Megatron96

CEH will be fine.

Shady began the season averaging over 5.4 yards/carry. His average dropped to under 5 yards/carry after he tweaked his ankle against the Colts.

lcarus
04-24-2020, 12:10 PM
Spell.....literally.

Lol

We have so many RBs now we won't have to keep calling CJ Speller. Or Tori Spilling. Or anyone else for that matter.

Sassy Squatch
04-24-2020, 12:10 PM
It's a very real possibility they don't see OL as a big need. They seem to be banking on LDT returning to form and might be high on Rankins. They'll add an OL if it's BPA no doubt, but might not be in such a hurry to do so.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 12:12 PM
It's a very real possibility they don't see OL as a big need. They seem to be banking on LDT returning to form and might be high on Rankins. They'll add an OL if it's BPA no doubt, but might not be in such a hurry to do so.
I think you're right.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 12:12 PM

Veach said the OL has value well into the 4th.

I’d expect us to take one in rounds 3-5.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:14 PM
Except you forget about the value of the fifth year option. If this kid is as good as most believe he will be then we will all be glad for that fifth year option.

Yes but none of you people have bothered to read the new CBA.

If any first rounder reaches two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons, his 5th year option then equals the Franchise Tag number.

So if CEH lives up to his potential, he'll likely be with the Chiefs for only 4 years but the Chiefs should get a high Comp Pick in return.

Fansy the Famous Bard
04-24-2020, 12:15 PM
3 of Belichick's 18 First round draft picks have been RB's. The only other position he's drafted MORE of in the first round is Defensive Tackle.

It's not all about the First round. Like others have said in this thread, it's about where in the First round. When you're at the end, you have your choice of elite RB's.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:15 PM
CEH will take pressure off of the pass rush. He's great insurance for when/if Damien Williams isn't 100%.

So, all 19 games

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 12:16 PM

I think they view IOL as something they can plug-n-play off the scrap heap. They've been treating IOL that way since Reid has been here.

And i think Veach is a "rare, uncoachable trait" kind of guy when it comes to the draft. You don't find many "rare uncoachable traits" when looking at IOL in general.

Sassy Squatch

Hope they do. Can never have enough OL prospects.

Mecca
I'm all about positional value but some people act like you can't draft Barry Sanders in round 1, Arizona played that game taking a LT over Adrian Peterson, they'd have a SB title had they taken Peterson.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 12:17 PM

That would be my assumption as well.

staylor26
Hope they do. Can never have enough OL prospects.

Keep your eye out for Nick Harris.

I called CEH being the best fit for this offense, let’s see if I can go 2 for 2.

Chris Meck

If any first rounder reaches two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons, his 5th year option then equals the Franchise Tag number.

So if CEH lives up to his potential, he'll likely be with the Chiefs for only 4 years but the Chiefs should get a high Comp Pick in return.

If he lives up to his potential I doubt they cut him loose.

They'll just pay the man for another couple years.

He'd only be 26. The way we'd most likely use him? He'd still be in his prime.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:18 PM
I didn’t see it coming in the first, but hot damn it’s exciting

If we take Shenault next, holy shit...

I'd love to draft Shenault but they'll need to give up a 4th and a 5th to jump to 48, which may not be high enough to get him.

I'm hoping he continues to fall.

Megatron96
04-24-2020, 12:19 PM

I was re-watching the SB coaches film, and noticed that LDT actually played pretty well for most of the game. I didn't specifically watch him on every snap, but there were several snaps, including the WASP play where I had to rewind it and realize that LDT was more than holding his own. I mean he stoned his guy on several consecutive plays, handed off smoothly and took the hand offs just as well. Against the best DL in football.

It's possible that Andy believes that LDT will play at that level this season, and that Rankin is coming back. Maybe they think they just need one OL from this draft. Or maybe none, as we do have a couple guys from last year (Allegretti and someone) that could fill in until Rankin comes back.

If that's their thinking, then our remaining picks might be targeting a CB, LB, and maybe a WR.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:20 PM
I'd love to draft Shenault but they'll need to give up a 4th and a 5th to jump to 48, which may not be high enough to get him.

He's going to be polarizing because for a team like us with Reid, he's a weapon to be used all over the place, to a team like say Tennessee, he's a middling WR they can't figure out how to use.

ModSocks

I think we'll see the Chiefs trading up in days 2 and 3.

There's only so many roster spots available on this team. These 5-7 round guys may not even make this squad so the picks may be more valuable as trade compensation for a guy they think can contribute.

pugsnotdrugs19
I don’t really like Shenault for this offense personally.

I think it’s best CB/LB/S available in R2, all day long.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:21 PM
Naaaah.

You could argue LB. That's about it.

Exactly.

I don't get all these people that say this wasn't a need.

Who the fuck was going to be the feature back in 2020? 28 year old Damien Williams, the guy that's had 1,200 rushing yards and 12 TD's in SIX Seasons?

No fucking way.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:21 PM
I don’t really like Shenault for this offense personally.

I think it’s best CB/LB/S available in R2, all day long.

I'm curious why you don't like him....

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:23 PM
Mixon would have been gone. He’s going to hold out.

The new CBA doesn't allow for holdouts

RunKC
04-24-2020, 12:23 PM

This is the only problem I have with the pick. Ideally you want to draft players, especially in the first rd, who you give 2nd contracts to. You want those guys there for at least 7-8 years ideally.

It seems like nowadays it isn’t wise to give a 2nd contract to a RB compared to drafting a safety, corner, or pass rusher that is far more difficult to find.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:24 PM
This is the only problem I have with the pick. Ideally you want to draft players, especially in the first rd, who you give 2nd contracts to. You want those guys there for at least 7-8 years ideally.

It seems like nowadays it isn’t wise to give a 2nd contract to a RB compared to drafting a safety, corner, or pass rusher that is far more difficult to find.

You know how many guys get a second contract with the team they start with? about 20%..the Chiefs currently have 5 of those guys on their roster, 5.

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 12:25 PM
And who says we can’t give a second contract to him? It’s not like RBs can’t get second year deals....you just have to be careful who you give them to.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:25 PM
CEH is going to run behind Damien and Washington this season.

Holy shit, this is just an absolutely fucking awful take.

Good fucking God.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 12:26 PM

But if you hit on your 2nd and 3rd rounder at higher positions of value, the 2nd contract can go to them.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:26 PM
The moment Damien tweaks a groin CEH will be inserted and the Chiefs will never look back.

Which will likely happen on the first day of training camp as he's walking from the lockerrom to the field.

There are some seriously dumb motherfuckers in this thread.

JFC.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:27 PM
Holy shit, this is just an absolutely fucking awful take.

Good fucking God.

If he was a 4th round pick, it's an accurate take, at 32 no, he's going to play a lot right away.

Pretty obvious they viewed RB as a problem as much as a ton of fans did.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-24-2020, 12:27 PM
I'm curious why you don't like him....

I think they want elite or near elite athleticism from their receivers moving forward and that’s not Shenault’s game. I don’t see him being a great separator from coverage at the NFL level.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:28 PM
Which will likely happen on the first day of training camp as he's walking from the lockerrom to the field.

There are some seriously dumb motherfuckers in this thread.

JFC.

Damien Williams is a really nice role player, change of pace, 3rd down back etc, he's nowhere near a feature guy.

staylor26
04-24-2020, 12:28 PM
And who says we can’t give a second contract to him? It’s not like RBs can’t get second year deals....you just have to be careful who you give them to.

Yea is anybody saying the Ekeler deal is bad?

If you’re going to pay a RB, a guy that catches passes like a slot WR is different than a workhorse 25+ carries guy like Henry.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:29 PM
I think they want elite or near elite athleticism from their receivers moving forward and that’s not Shenault’s game. I don’t see him being a great separator from coverage at the NFL level.

He actually is a great athlete for his size, if he lost 10lbs he'd be ridiculously fast.

What I like about him is he brings a playmaker in a different body type.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:29 PM
You want those guys there for at least 7-8 years ideally.

No offense but that rarely happens with any draft pick, especially a running back.

Furthermore, the Chiefs second Super Bowl Window is open right now. They're bringing back 20 of 22 starters and the only thing the offense is missing is a true Feature Back, which they have in CEH.

Now, their window is wide open for the next 4 seasons, which I'll take every single day of the week.

Megatron96
04-24-2020, 12:30 PM
Holy shit, this is just an absolutely ****ing awful take.

Good ****ing God.

Maybe, but it's probable, based on Andy's precedents. CEH is a rookie. Damien is a known quantity and Washington is also a known quantity and a vet. Unless CEH has a photographic memory and just blows up from day 1, he's going to slot behind the vets.

RunKC
04-24-2020, 12:31 PM

Woah hold on a sec. Let’s give some damn respect to Damien Williams. That guy is about as elusive as it gets. He also has 11 playoff TD’s in 2 years.

That’s not me arguing against CEH by saying that. Let’s just keep in mind how goddamn good Damien was for us. Give him his due.

pugsnotdrugs19
He actually is a great athlete for his size, if he lost 10lbs he'd be ridiculously fast.

What I like about him is he brings a playmaker in a different body type.

There’s some injury issues there too.

More than anything, I just think we could get a lot more immediate impact from several other positions. Shenault, especially in this weird offseason, probably wouldn’t start a game for this offense in 2020. I know Watkins and Robinson could leave next year, but we can worry about that then.

DaneMcCloud
If he was a 4th round pick, it's an accurate take, at 32 no, he's going to play a lot right away.

Pretty obvious they viewed RB as a problem as much as a ton of fans did.

Considering that Damien Williams is good for about 6 regular season games, as he's always injured during Training Camp, I don't think CEH would be behind anyone currently on this roster.

It's pretty clear the Chiefs targeted CEH as the Week 1 starter and are going to load him up this season.

Williams will be an afterthought, although he could be valuable as a spot back, if he's healthy, which certainly isn't a guarantee.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:32 PM
So the dude that said CEH to KC was his worst nightmare...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is the exact moment I found out that Clyde Edwards-Helaire was going to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> on last night&#39;s live stream. <br><br>KC&#39;s wildest dream scenario is the rest of the AFC&#39;s worst nightmare. <a href="https://t.co/myoZM5iN9D">pic.twitter.com/myoZM5iN9D</a></p>&mdash; Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1253696074734137345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:33 PM
Maybe, but it's probable, based on Andy's precedents.

No, it's not.

The fucking guy has 1,200 rushing yards and 12 TD's in SIX FUCKING SEASONS!

He's the furthest thing on this roster from a 16 game starter, especially at age 28.

He was easily replaceable so the Chiefs replaced him with a far superior running back.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:33 PM
There’s some injury issues there too.

More than anything, I just think we could get a lot more immediate impact from several other positions. Shenault, especially in this weird offseason, probably wouldn’t start a game for this offense in 2020. I know Watkins and Robinson could leave next year, but we can worry about that then.

Thats the thing, you don't need him to start, you make him a 10-20 play package guy where he can give you snaps all over the field even wildcat QB...that ads an element to the offense that is sick.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 12:34 PM

RB's are comically underpaid so I don't think putting the tag on a back is a big deal. That's why I was like fuck it, do the 5th year option and even franchise tag him once.

That's 6 years of pretty good value with zero long term big money committment.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:35 PM
Damien Williams is a really nice role player, change of pace, 3rd down back etc, he's nowhere near a feature guy.

Exactly. If the Chiefs hit on a UDFA, he could even bring back a player in a trade before the season starts.

For whatever dumb reason, there's a large population of Damien Williams fans that think he's the guy that excelled in the 2019 playoffs and Super Bowl.

He's not. Not even close.

That's the player he could be, if healthy, but he's never been healthy, even going back to college, which is why he was a UDFA.

RunKC
04-24-2020, 12:36 PM
No offense but that rarely happens with any draft pick, especially a running back.

Furthermore, the Chiefs second Super Bowl Window is open right now. They're bringing back 20 of 22 starters and the only thing the offense is missing is a true Feature Back, which they have in CEH.

Now, their window is wide open for the next 4 seasons, which I'll take every single day of the week.

Shit man with the efficiency this team has operated with? I think it could be much longer than that. As long as Andy Reid doesn’t have a stroke we’re good for maybe the next decade.

Spags isn’t getting another HC job and we all know Toub isn’t either.

We’re going to have Mahomes, Veach, Andy, Spags and Toub running this football team.

Jesus. The Chiefs really could run the 2020’s.

Megatron96

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is the exact moment I found out that Clyde Edwards-Helaire was going to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> on last night&#39;s live stream. <br><br>KC&#39;s wildest dream scenario is the rest of the AFC&#39;s worst nightmare. <a href="https://t.co/myoZM5iN9D">pic.twitter.com/myoZM5iN9D</a></p>&mdash; Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1253696074734137345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's hilarious. And eye-opening. I have a lot of respect for Kollmann's analytical capabilities. And it sounds like he thinks CEH is going to be the starter pretty quickly. Might have to take back my earlier thoughts about CEH slotting behind DW for the season.

DaneMcCloud
Woah hold on a sec. Let’s give some damn respect to Damien Williams. That guy is about as elusive as it gets. He also has 11 playoff TD’s in 2 years.

That’s not me arguing against CEH by saying that. Let’s just keep in mind how goddamn good Damien was for us. Give him his due.

He was good for 4 playoff games. He was only healthy enough to play in 6 regular season games.

The guy has talent but his body just can't hold up over the course of an NFL season.

Or six.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 12:38 PM
Jonathan Taylor is bigger, faster, had a more productive NCAA career.

Hmmmmm?

Chiefspants
Exactly. If the Chiefs hit on a UDFA, he could even bring back a player in a trade before the season starts.

For whatever dumb reason, there's a large population of Damien Williams fans that think he's the guy that excelled in the 2019 playoffs and Super Bowl.

He's not. Not even close.

That's the player he could be, if healthy, but he's never been healthy, even going back to college, which is why he was a UDFA.

I’m as big of a Damien Williams homer as one can find and will die on that hill like I died on the Johnny Cueto is an ace hill.

But I’m stoked with this pick, absolutely stoked. I expect 2020 for Damien Williams will be a lot like 2017 for Alex Smith. If Damien can finally be the starter for 16 games, he’ll be playing for a contract on his next team. I’ll still root for Damien to slay it next year, but we all know who’s waiting in the wings.

BryanBusby

Hmmmmm?
Nobody is drafting for great ncaa status retard

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:39 PM
RB's are comically underpaid so I don't think putting the tag on a back is a big deal. That's why I was like fuck it, do the 5th year option and even franchise tag him once.

That's 6 years of pretty good value with zero long term big money committment.

That's changed a bit over the past few years. Gurley got $15 million+ and McCaffrey received $16 million per.

If CEH lives up to expectations, he could see $18-20 million in 2024 on the 5th year option and maybe much more.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 12:39 PM

Hmmmmm?

He also sucks as a receiver.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 12:40 PM
Nobody is drafting for great ncaa status retard

So why all the videos of NCAA exploits retard?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KqGI1dG4y1E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26
04-24-2020, 12:41 PM

Hmmmmm?

He also had a shit ton of carries and fumbles....

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:42 PM

I disagree.

If the Chiefs can draft Shenault at #63 or even a bit higher, we're looking a guy that's going to be able to step in and make an impact this season.

Keep in mind, Sammy Watkins hasn't played a full 16 game season since 2014 and as much as the Chiefs like Hill and Hardman, I'd rather see a guy like Shenault late in the season rather than DRob, who just seems to wilt in pressure situations.

This team needs three dominant WR's to be effective and a guy like Shenault could do that if any of them missed any amount of time.

Mecca
Wisconsin RB's come out really abused, he touched the ball more than any other back, he's a good runner with elite top end speed....he also isn't a good receiver..

I'm not a fan of Wisconsin backs, Melvin Gordon is good but all the other like Montee Ball were not.

BryanBusby
That's changed a bit over the past few years. Gurley got $15 million+ and McCaffrey received $16 million per.

If CEH lives up to expectations, he could see $18-20 million in 2024 on the 5th year option and maybe much more.
If he hits the escalators well the money will probably be worth it.

The top back or two are nicely paid but generally they never typically see the big money portion and backs 4 and 5 are rather underpaid. I think it's still a quality option.

Deberg_1990
What becomes of Darwin Thompson? 3rd string status forever?

suzzer99
04-24-2020, 12:43 PM
I'm all about positional value but some people act like you can't draft Barry Sanders in round 1, Arizona played that game taking a LT over Adrian Peterson, they'd have a SB title had they taken Peterson.

Also it's the 32nd freaking pick. It's not like RBs all of a sudden become ok value at 33 because it's now the second round.

People talk about the 2nd overall pick and 32nd as "first round" like they have anything in common with each other.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 12:44 PM

Hmmmmm?

very different skillset.

Way more mileage.

Not as perfect a fit.

Megatron96
No, it's not.

The ****ing guy has 1,200 rushing yards and 12 TD's in SIX ****ING SEASONS!

He's the furthest thing on this roster from a 16 game starter, especially at age 28.

He was easily replaceable so the Chiefs replaced him with a far superior running back.

Uh, I was one of the people that pointed out Damien's career stats at the beginning of last season when we picked up Shady, but thanks for the refresher.

None of that changes the fact that Andy likes veterans over rookies. But as I said above, Kollmann seems to believe that CEH will be a starter sooner rather than later, and I respect his opinion. That said, I have to rethink my position, but we all know that Andy is a vet over rookie coach. So IMO, Damien will start to begin with, but maybe CEH takes over by mid-season. A lot will depend on his pass pro, which isn't a strength in his game, and just as importantly, his blitz recognition, which actually looks like a strength, in the highlight clips I've seen.

Ubeja Vontell
He also sucks as a receiver.

He left college with five receiving TD's, CEH....one.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:45 PM
If Damien can finally be the starter for 16 games, he’ll be playing for a contract on his next team

That's a gigantic "IF', especially given that he's 28 and has never been able to stay healthy throughout the course of a season.

But that said, he's certainly a valuable spot back that can give CEH a breather, but he's in no way, shape or form, a 25+ touches per game type of guy, not in college, not in Miami and not with the Chiefs.

Chiefspants
04-24-2020, 12:45 PM

Poor guy in the red is a Texans fan.

Jesus, his reaction reminds me so much of how I felt watching other franchises running circles around us as we stayed content with 9-7 in the mid 2000's.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-24-2020, 12:46 PM
Taylor has fumbling issues too IIRC.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:46 PM
Uh, I was one of the people that pointed out Damien's career stats at the beginning of last season when we picked up Shady, but thanks for the refresher.

None of that changes the fact that Andy likes veterans over rookies.

No offense but I think your takes here are fucking stupid.

The Chiefs aren't taking a guy like CEH at #32, then making him sit behind a walking Injury Report.

Not gonna happen.

Chiefspants
04-24-2020, 12:47 PM
That's a gigantic "IF', especially given that he's 28 and has never been able to stay healthy throughout the course of a season.

But that said, he's certainly a valuable spot back that can give CEH a breather, but he's in no way, shape or form, a 25+ touches per game type of guy, not in college, not in Miami and not with the Chiefs.

I'm not holding my breath, but if there's a season where he magically puts it together for 16 games - it's this one (where millions are on the line).

15-20 touches a game is optimal for Williams and I have a feeling he'd be right around that number at the start of next season with CEH getting more and more of a share as the season progresses. If Williams gets hurt early, I'm sure CEH will get a Kareem Hunt like chance to take the rock and never have to give it back.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:48 PM
I'm not holding my breath, but if there's a season where he magically puts it together for 16 games - it's this one (where millions are on the line).

15-20 touches a game is optimal for Williams and I have a feeling he'd be right around that number over the course of next season with CEH getting more and more of a share as the season progresses. If Williams gets hurt, I'm sure CEH will get a Kareem Hunt like chance to take the rock and never have to give it back.

I think you guys that favoring Williams over CEH are smoking crack.

But then again, more than 50% of people that read my reasoning for taking a Feature Back early thought it would never happen because of Damien.

I don't agree with that, at all, and I'm very happy the Chiefs agree with me, not them.

chief4life
04-24-2020, 12:48 PM
The ability of this offense to stretch the field just seems downright unfair, as if that was not already the case. Clyde causing 97 missed tackles against a top flight schedule translates to many future first downs and visits to the end zone.

Megatron96
04-24-2020, 12:49 PM
No offense but I think your takes here are ****ing stupid.

The Chiefs aren't taking a guy like CEH at #32, then making him sit behind a walking Injury Report.

Not gonna happen.

You really think that Andy's going to start CEH from day 1?

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 12:49 PM
It's gonna be like 1a and 1b thing this year

kccrow
04-24-2020, 12:50 PM
What becomes of Darwin Thompson? 3rd string status forever?

Cut list, ideally.

Pants
04-24-2020, 12:50 PM
Anybody who is mad about the value should be pissed at the Packers and the Ravens. Queen being gone and Love being gone forced the Chiefs hand.

I wonder how many teams wanted Love.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 12:51 PM

We're talking about different things.

Damien's VERY fast, and if he's got a hole, he can take it all the way.

He can also get you some yards after contact at the second level, and bull his way through.

But he needs a clean hole or he's toast.

What I'm talking about with elusive is that CEH has that crazy jitterbug thing and can take a 5 yard loss and turn it into a big gain by making people just flat miss. That's some rare stuff.

Damien's done a nice job, and in the play-offs was very good, but he's injury prone and doesn't have the best vision. CEH excels in lateral agility (making guys miss) and vision. He's also got a low center of gravity and can bull his way for extra yardage too. And have you seen him run slot receiver type routes?

Sorry, this is a different level of talent.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 12:52 PM
Brian Westbrook left college as the all time all purpose yards leader with 9,952. And if CEH is better than him ....wow!!!!!!!!!!!

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 12:54 PM
You rally think that Andy's going to start CEH from day 1?

Absolute positively

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 12:54 PM
Brian Westbrook left college as the all time all purpose yards leader with 9,952. And if CEH is better than him ....wow!!!!!!!!!!!

according to Reid, yeah.

I think I'll take Big Red's word for it for now.

Chris Meck
04-24-2020, 12:56 PM
It's gonna be like 1a and 1b thing this year

I expect earlier in the year, you'd see more of Damien, with some Clyde packages of plays.

As the season wears on, you'll see more and more of Clyde as he has more and more of the offense under his belt.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 12:59 PM
I expect earlier in the year, you'd see more of Damien, with some Clyde packages of plays.

As the season wears on, you'll see more and more of Clyde as he has more and more of the offense under his belt.
I expect a nice even overall season split between them.

Williams of course isn't super durable while CEH will be adjusting to NFL power, speed and the much longer season. They probably shouldn't overwork him as a rookie while they still have DWill.

Chiefspants
04-24-2020, 12:59 PM
I think you guys that favoring Williams over CEH are smoking crack.

But then again, more than 50% of people that read my reasoning for taking a Feature Back early thought it would never happen because of Damien.

I don't agree with that, at all, and I'm very happy the Chiefs agree with me, not them.

I think if there's any question, any question at all over CEH's pass blocking on Day 1 then Damien will be the starter. Reid has always put a lot of value in that in the offense and watching the All 22 of the Super Bowl it's clear why. Part of why I think Damien might be the starter isn't due to Damien homerism, but the likelihood that training camp will be cancelled due to COVID. CEH is just not going to get the reps he would in a traditional offseason.

If he stays healthy, I'm about at 100% that CEH will be the starter by the end of the year, though. Potentially much earlier.

bowener
04-24-2020, 01:00 PM

Hmmmmm?

Why do people do that? Say 'Hmmmmm' after stupid shit they think is brilliant? I never see actual brilliant people say shit like that.

Also, JT is great, tons of wear, not nearly the receiver CEH is, and his name is too close to 90s tiny teen bopper JTT. Fuck him.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 01:00 PM
according to Reid, yeah.

I think I'll take Big Red's word for it for now.

I think I'll wait and see the guy play first.

Westbrook had a 1333 season, he had a 90 catch season and he scored over 70 td's,

Megatron96
04-24-2020, 01:01 PM
Absolute positively

Well, then we have a difference of opinion.

I don't think Andy's going to demote Damien after what he did in the last quarter of the season and the playoffs, and most particularly how Damien balled in the SB. Damien earned the right to start the season. Plus, Damien knows the playbook, and at this point, he's the better pass pro guy.

At some point after week 6, CEH might take over (assuming Damien stays healthy, then all bets are off).

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 01:02 PM
I think I'll wait and see the guy play first.

Westbrook had a 1333 season, he had a 90 catch season and he scored over 70 td's,
Well good thing nobody is consulting your stupid fucking ass

Hammock Parties
04-24-2020, 01:03 PM
fuck this dude is sexy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWZBE0OUwAA9sEs?format=jpg&name=large

JohnnyHammersticks
04-24-2020, 01:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWWAgVuXYAAtqca?format=jpg&name=medium

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 01:05 PM
Why do people do that? Say 'Hmmmmm' after stupid shit they think is brilliant? I never see actual brilliant people say shit like that.

Also, JT is great, tons of wear, not nearly the receiver CEH is, and his name is too close to 90s tiny teen bopper JTT. **** him.

Why say.....not nearly the receiver......when JT scored five times catching the ball, CEH....one td.

Taylor is 5-11 220, CEH 5-8 208, Taylor cooks a sizzlin' 4.38 40, CEH a ho hum 4,60. Taylor did more at the NCAA level than CEH.

If you must spend a first round pick on a RB it had to be Taylor.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 01:08 PM
Well good thing nobody is consulting your stupid ****ing ass

You mean talking to a guy who can talk LSU RB;s since Billy Cannon?

The Franchise
04-24-2020, 01:10 PM
Why say.....not nearly the receiver......when JT scored five times catching the ball, CEH....one td.

Taylor is 5-11 220, CEH 5-8 208, Taylor cooks a sizzlin' 4.38 40, CEH a ho hum 4,60. Taylor did more at the NCAA level than CEH.

If you must spend a first round pick on a RB it had to be Taylor.

Holy fuck you’re an idiot.

keg in kc
04-24-2020, 01:10 PM
Why say.....not nearly the receiver......Maybe because Edwards-Helaire had more catches last year than Taylor had over three years.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 01:12 PM
Holy **** you’re an idiot.

I don't don't think so and after Taylor has the better rookie season and career, you'll feel silly.

carcosa
04-24-2020, 01:14 PM
I don't don't think so and after Taylor has the better rookie season and career, you'll feel silly.

You'll be dead though so who cares

BigChiefFan
04-24-2020, 01:14 PM
I like Taylor, but you can’t ignore the mileage and CEH is a better scheme for the passing game and has better hands. The Chiefs made the right pick.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 01:15 PM
Maybe because Edwards-Helaire had more catches last year than Taylor had over three years.

Edelman was a QB in college, Gates a basketball player. All that....he caught more......means nothing.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 01:15 PM
You'll be dead though so who cares
Lmao

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 01:16 PM
I like Taylor, but you can’t ignore the mileage and CEH is a better scheme for the passing game and has better hands. The Chiefs made the right pick.

We don't know that, what we do know is Taylor is bigger and far faster and more productive.

How about we take a wait and see approach, I think Taylor will be the better NFLer.

duncan_idaho
04-24-2020, 01:18 PM
Well, then we have a difference of opinion.

I don't think Andy's going to demote Damien after what he did in the last quarter of the season and the playoffs, and most particularly how Damien balled in the SB. Damien earned the right to start the season. Plus, Damien knows the playbook, and at this point, he's the better pass pro guy.

At some point after week 6, CEH might take over (assuming Damien stays healthy, then all bets are off).

He won't have to demote Damian Williams. He'll get hurt at some point and be demoted by default.

Regardless of when that happens, I think they still are going to rotate the two. I'd expect Williams to get more snaps when they're in 12 personnel and CEH to be their guy in 11 personnel.

Williams' one-cut speed works well in the 2 TE sets from under center. CEH's lightning quick feet and make-you-miss ability is huge in shotgun run plays.

Since they're in 11 personnel about 65 percent of the time, CEH will get more touches.

RealSNR
04-24-2020, 01:19 PM

Thankfully the franchise tag number for RBs is manageable. And if this offseason is any indication, a 3-year deal is the new 5-year deal.

Getting waaaaaaaay ahead of ourselves here, but if Clyde is special enough to warrant that higher pricetag of a 5th year option, it might be worth it to just extend him anyway.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2020, 01:21 PM
We don't know that, what we do know is Taylor is bigger and far faster and more productive.

And neither do you. The point is, CEH is a better scheme fit for the Chiefs. He catches a ton better and he doesn’t have the fumbling issues, Taylor does. CEH is a more complete player and that’s what you want out of your 1st rounder.

Dante84
04-24-2020, 01:22 PM
I don’t think we’ve been this universally excited about a pick since Patrick, and I think it’s because of the excitement that is trickling down from Brett, Andy, EB, Toub and Patrick.

Everyone that matters was *all-fucking-in* on this player. We should be too.

xztop123
04-24-2020, 01:23 PM
Of course mahomes wanted him. That means more passing. Taylor would have slightly changed the formations and play calls

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 01:25 PM

How about we take a wait and see approach, I think Taylor will be the better NFLer.

LMAO @ "Far Faster".

I don't give a damn what he timed. When you watch him play, he's not playing at sub 4.4 speed.

And CEH is quicker and shiftier inside a box, which is a far more necessary trait in the NFL, especially when it comes to short yardage situations and making guys miss in open space.

Taylor won't even be the next RB off the board. And i like Taylor.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 01:26 PM
And neither do you. The point is, CEH is a better scheme fit for the Chiefs. He catches a ton better and he doesn’t have the fumbling issues, Taylor does. CEH is a more complete player and that’s what you want out of your 1st rounder.

You simply cannot pass up on a college RB putting up....

frosh...1977 6.6 13
soph....2194 7.1 16
jr........2003 6.3 21

That is amazing.

60 rushing TD's in three seasons? Over 6000 yards in three seasons?

Wow!

We don't know if the guy can catch, we do know he can run a 4.38 40.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 01:30 PM

frosh...1977 6.6 13
soph....2194 7.1 16
jr........2003 6.3 21

That is amazing.

Wow!

And yet he's still on the board. Maybe you're missing something? I wonder what it could be that you're not considering....

MahomesMagic
04-24-2020, 01:30 PM

frosh...1977 6.6 13
soph....2194 7.1 16
jr........2003 6.3 21

That is amazing.

Wow!

Taylor is very good, no doubt. He was never a fit here. All 4 RB's people have talked about have strengths and weaknesses and Taylor's strengths don't play in our offense. We throw the ball a lot, get people in space, and use outside zone running.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 01:31 PM
LMAO @ "Far Faster".

I don't give a damn what he timed. When you watch him play, he's not playing at sub 4.4 speed.

And CEH is quicker and shiftier inside a box, which is a far more necessary trait in the NFL, especially when it comes to short yardage situations and making guys miss in open space.

Taylor won't even be the next RB off the board. And i like Taylor.

Yes a 4.38 is far faster than a 4.60.

Taylor can wear down a defense, he breaks tackles, and he can out run DB's. Watch what happens this season.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/93Nld92MN0Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

srvy
04-24-2020, 01:32 PM
I like the pick of an RB but its retarded for value. You could have traded down to middle to late 2nd round and still got this guy.

It is my belief hes the best RB for our system outside of Swift but that doesn't mean you disregard value. Nobody else wanted this guy until at least pick 47.

No there was good intelligence that the Colts wanted to take him at 34.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-24-2020, 01:32 PM

Taylor can wear down a defense, he breaks tackles, and he can out run DB's. Watch what happens this season.

Have you even taken the time to watch CEH? You’re just rattling off measurables.

Kareem ran like a 4.65. Who GAF.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 01:35 PM
Thankfully the franchise tag number for RBs is manageable. And if this offseason is any indication, a 3-year deal is the new 5-year deal.

Getting waaaaaaaay ahead of ourselves here, but if Clyde is special enough to warrant that higher pricetag of a 5th year option, it might be worth it to just extend him anyway.

Yep, this has always been my rationalization.

If a player demonstrates that's he's a solid, if not spectacular player after Year 3, lock him up for three more years at minimum. Don't wait until the end of Year 4 or 5.

I think if Chris Jones had shown he was the same dominant player in his rookie and second seasons, he'd have been locked up a while ago but unfortunately, he did not.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 01:35 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/93Nld92MN0Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah you suck at this.

Again, PLAY SPEED. Speed in pads. Not in tights.

His game speed isn't special. When he's running down that field he's not a sub 4.4 guy. IDGAF what he timed in shorts.

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2020, 01:38 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/93Nld92MN0Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>CEH isn't a 4.6 guy. I already explained that.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 01:38 PM

You're going to have to do better than a highlight package of him blowing up the likes of Kent State, Central Michigan and S. Florida.

SAGA45
04-24-2020, 01:39 PM
Behind an O-line that is either decimated by injuries or simply bad, I'd want CEH in the backfield over just about any other RB in the draft. Really, it's not difficult at all to watch film and see why the Chiefs chose him over the rest.

Pitt Gorilla
You're going to have to do better than a highlight package of him blowing up the likes of Kent State, Central Michigan and S. Florida.Great point. CEH was already playing in the NFL.

Ubeja Vontell
Yeah you suck at this.

Again, PLAY SPEED. Speed in pads. Not in tights.

His game speed isn't special. When he's running down that field he's not a sub 4.4 guy. IDGAF what he timed in shorts.

What are you watching guy, yes his playing speed is special. As is his 60 td's and over 6000 yards rushing.

Why go with a less productive, smaller, slower RB if you plan on spending a first round pick?

ModSocks
Really, it's not difficult at all to watch film and see why the Chiefs chose him over the rest.

It is for Ubeja.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 01:41 PM
What are you watching guy

What are YOU watching? LMAO.

Ok, go ahead and explain to us why Veach and Reid chose CEH over this can't miss, star prospect in Taylor. Why did Mahomes want him over Taylor?

Go. Explain to us all why he's still on the board.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 01:42 PM
CEH isn't a 4.6 guy. I already explained that.

Sorry but it just doesn't work that way, the guy runs a 4.60. Taylor a 4.38.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 01:44 PM

And that matters because?

I guess you think Veach and Reid don't take into consideration speed when drafting players?

Is that what you're going to go with? That they just overlooked that guy and his blazing, game breaking speed because they don't know how to evaluate fast guys? They just didn't do their homework on Taylor or something?

LMAO

notorious
04-24-2020, 01:45 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/xT9DPJVjlYHwWsZRxm/giphy.gif

bigjosh
04-24-2020, 01:47 PM

Jfc.

Do you really think 40 time matters that much for a rb?

Not to mention that the 4.6 is an unofficial time. Would you be less of a bitch about it if he ran a 4.52?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefspants
04-24-2020, 01:48 PM
Holmes ran a 4.7 40 time.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 01:50 PM
What are YOU watching? LMAO.

Ok, go ahead and explain to us why Veach and Reid chose CEH over this can't miss, star prospect in Taylor. Why did Mahomes want him over Taylor?

Go. Explain to us all why he's still on the board.

LSU used CEH in the passing game, something that interests the Chiefs, get this kid out space with ball in hand. And it makes all the sense in the world.

I just think Taylor is the better RB and so far his production has proven that.

A 220 pound RB with 4.3 speed who scored 60 TD's rushed for over 6000 yards in three seasons and ya can't use him.....huh?

Chiefspants
04-24-2020, 01:51 PM
I just think Taylor is the better RB and so far his production as proven that.

This is why taking Watson over Mahomes was a no-brainer in 2017.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 01:54 PM
Williams is a Hall of fame running back if you just count the playoffs

redfan
04-24-2020, 01:56 PM
This fucking guy, I love him!!

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 01:58 PM
Jfc.

Not to mention that the 4.6 is an unofficial time. Would you be less of a bitch about it if he ran a 4.52?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when do we stop with this?

Taylor is bigger, more powerful, gained far more NCAA yards, ran a far faster 40, scored far more TD;s.

So what are we going with?

Deberg_1990
04-24-2020, 02:02 PM

Taylor is bigger, more powerful, gained far more NCAA yards, ran a far faster 40, scored far more TD;s.

It’s entirely possible both backs will be good. Veach and Reid just felt CEH is a better fit for their offense.

Kiimo
04-24-2020, 02:03 PM
Wasn't CEH's 40 time a beat up injured CEH running far slower than normal?

Look at the tape his 10 speed is phenomenal. Taylor will never put up the numbers CEH will and if he does I think he'll be Larry Johnson and hit a wall. Lots of tread on those tires.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 02:04 PM

They are both starting from scratch in the NFL. We'll see. Both are likely to be good in their own ways.

Helaire will be a Marshall Faulk, Curtis Martin, Brian Westbrook type of player. Taylor is more of a straight-up the middle, Adrian Peterson type back.

Helaire has traits that far better fit KC's offense though, no matter what shit you spit out today.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 02:05 PM
, gained far more NCAA yards.... scored far more TD;s.

Well no shit. CEH only started one season LMAO.

Your obsession over college stats and a 40 yard dash is odd. It's literally all you've based your assessment on.

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2020, 02:05 PM
Wasn't CEH's 40 time a beat up injured CEH running far slower than normal?

Look at the tape his 10 speed is phenomenal. Taylor will never put up the numbers CEH will and if he does I think he'll be Larry Johnson and hit a wall. Lots of tread on those tires.Yes. This is well-known.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 02:06 PM
It’s entirely possible both backs will be good. Veach and Reid just felt CEH is a better fit for their offense.

Apparently that was the case.

To ignore.

Taylor

yards 6581
average per touch 6.8
td 55

CEH

You had to be into....your scheme.

Kiimo
04-24-2020, 02:06 PM
Scout on Taylor, not even mentioning his EIGHTEEN FUCKING FUMBLES

“The elite size-speed combo is where people will buy in,” said a third scout. “He’s going to disappoint you between the tackles. He doesn’t run to his size. He’s not going hit up in there. You watch the Ohio State games, he’s cringing before he even gets to the line. He’s cringing in the hole. That was really disappointing. I’ve seen it where NFL running back coaches can get that out (of players). That was the big knock on Le’Veon (Bell) coming out, that he didn’t run very big.” He posted a Wonderlic score of 21 and is from tiny Salem, N.J. “Melvin Gordon was different,” said a fourth scout. “He was slick and explosive and made big plays all the time. This guy is strong, not powerful. Excellent vision, excellent patience. Kind of a typical Wisconsin back. He just might have more of the workout-type attributes that you’re looking for. I’d rather have Gordon, all day.”

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 02:08 PM
Apparently that was the case.

To ignore.

Taylor

yards 6581
average per touch 6.8
td 55

CEH

You had to be into....your scheme.

One did this in the Big10. The other in the SEC.

How many defensive players from the SEC were drafted last night? How many from the Big10?

DJ's left nut
04-24-2020, 02:09 PM

RB is a TOUGH row to hoe in the FAC, though.

Henry, Chubb and Jacobs were probably the 3 most productive 'pure' runners in the NFL last year. Ingram will get love because of his offensive system, Mack and Mixon are strong players in their own right and Devin Singletary is gonna be real good.

There are 3 RBs in the pro bowl each year, right? You think in the next 4 years he will pass 5 of those guys twice? Write off next year because I'd be shocked if he's not in a fairly heavy rotation w/ Williams.

I mean, it's not impossible like it would be in the NFC w/ Saquon, Elliott and McCaffrey having that stuff on lock with Cook and Kamara in reserve, but man - it'll be awfully tough.

I'd be surprised if he made a single pro bowl over those 4 years, let alone 2. He just doesn't have time, opportunity or name recognition on his side. Unless he truly DOES become Kareem Hunt in 2021, it seems pretty unlikely. And if he does - well damn, I'd hate to lose that 5th year option in the process of winning 2 more SB rings...

Ultimately few guys are playing on the 5th year anymore anyway. I like to have it because it provides valuable leverage in extension discussions, but when extending a RB isn't a great idea anyway, that leverage matters less and less.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 02:14 PM
Well no shit. CEH only started one season LMAO.

Your obsession over college stats and a 40 yard dash is odd. It's literally all you've based your assessment on.

No it's not, I look at that total package, Taylor is bigger, faster and more productive. Simply facts,

thabear04
04-24-2020, 02:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Match made in heaven. <a href="https://t.co/RgURXUZG4O">pic.twitter.com/RgURXUZG4O</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1253769875937538051?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2020, 02:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Match made in heaven. <a href="https://t.co/RgURXUZG4O">pic.twitter.com/RgURXUZG4O</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1253769875937538051?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>Hope Paul Rudd hears about this.

JohnnyHammersticks
04-24-2020, 02:19 PM
Jfc.

Why bother with him? It's like trying to explain trigonometry to a potato.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 02:20 PM

ROFL

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 02:20 PM
One did this in the Big10. The other in the SEC.

How many defensive players from the SEC were drafted last night? How many from the Big10?

i put nothing into that, tell that to Jerry Rice out of,............Mississippi Valley State,

DJ's left nut
04-24-2020, 02:22 PM

Again - Taylor is a 1-cut guy.

He would almost certainly be a better player than CEH in a system where you played mostly conventional 11 personnel from under center (or with a FB).

But Taylor DOESN'T play a style that translates as well to a shotgun running game. To maximize Taylor here we'd have to modify some of our sets and in so doing, we WON'T be maximizing Mahomes, Hill, Kelce at Watkins anymore.

Meanwhile CEH, because of his style of running and his ability to read/setup gaps, can fit seamlessly into this particular system and we get an upgrade at running back while maintaining a system that maximizes the best player in football and an array of weapons.

This....doesn't seem difficult.

chiefzilla1501
I know it's a small deal in the grand scheme of things. But I can't hear the name Darwin Thompson without thinking about him trying to toss the ball away after recovering Sorensona strip vs houston.

Dudes a decent runner but not sure he was grasping the offense. Chiefs looked terrified about putting him in pass pro.

ModSocks
No it's not, I look at that total package, Taylor is bigger, faster and more productive. Simply facts,

He's bigger, faster in a straight line, but not game breaking fast. Not elite fast. 4.4 fast. Not 4.28 fast. And he certainly doesn't play to his timed speed.

He's not quicker. He doesn't have the repertoire of moves CEH has. He doesn't have CEH's lateral agility, explosion or vision. CEH has shown more power in his game than Taylor has. And Taylor's production came in a lesser conference. Facts.

Oh, one more fact: CEH was drafted by the SB winning Chiefs, who liked him more than Taylor. Taylor isn't a day 1 pick. FACT.

Mecca
04-24-2020, 02:23 PM

If he took the wonderlic his score would be potato.

Ubeja Vontell

Explaining taking a smaller, slower, less productive RB because he caught more passes, oh hell yes:rolleyes:

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hope you didn’t think we’d snag a <a href="https://twitter.com/LSUfootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@LSUfootball</a> team captain in <a href="https://twitter.com/Clydro_22?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Clydro_22</a> &amp; then not have <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Mathieu_Era</a> on our live stream to talk about it...because that’s happening.<br><br>We begin at 5pm tonight. You won’t want to miss this.<br><br>Set a reminder ���� <a href="https://t.co/IfdJUGosb9">https://t.co/IfdJUGosb9</a></p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1253746317752500229?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca
04-24-2020, 02:24 PM

He would almost certainly be a better player than CEH in a system where you played mostly conventional 11 personnel from under center (or with a FB).

But Taylor DOESN'T play a style that translates as well to a shotgun running game. To maximize Taylor here we'd have to modify some of our sets and in so doing, we WON'T be maximizing Mahomes, Hill, Kelce at Watkins anymore.

Meanwhile CEH, because of his style of running and his ability to read/setup gaps, can fit seamlessly into this particular system and we get an upgrade at running back while maintaining a system that maximizes the best player in football and an array of weapons.

None of us with brains ever considered Taylor an option, it's why he wasn't discussed at all.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 02:26 PM

Who said anything was difficult, the Chiefs want to use a first round pick on a RB to catch passes. I got it.

BUT.....Taylor will prove to be the better RB.

DaneMcCloud
There are 3 RBs in the pro bowl each year, right? You think in the next 4 years he will pass 5 of those guys twice? Write off next year because I'd be shocked if he's not in a fairly heavy rotation w/ Williams.

Kareem Hunt would have made two Pro Bowls in his first two seasons, so yeah, I think there's a high probability that he will, especially considering there are alternates, too.

smithandrew051
Would Taylor’s 900+ college carries bother anyone?

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2020, 02:27 PM
Explaining taking a smaller, slower, less productive RB because he caught more passes, oh hell yes:rolleyes:You're right. I can't believe the Chiefs' Front Office (Reid, Bienemy, Veach, McCullough, Hunt, Pat, etc.) ****ed this up so badly. How could they not see exactly what you are saying? It's so freaking simple!

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 02:28 PM
If he took the wonderlic his score would be potato.

That coming from a guy thinking....

Take the 5-8 208 4.6 less productive guy over the bigger faster more productive guy.

:rolleyes:

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2020, 02:29 PM

You've basically listed all the reasons priest Holmes shouldn't be good. I would have been fine with the Dobbins pick too. But man, CEH is as good if not probably a better runner but he blows them away as a receiver.

DJ's left nut
04-24-2020, 02:29 PM
None of us with brains ever considered Taylor an option, it's why he wasn't discussed at all.

I don't want to shit on Taylor. Taylor, to me, is Josh Jacobs but better. And had he returned for his senior season he'd have rewritten the NCAA record books (after setting them on fire and pissing on the ashes - he'd have wrecked records). The only guy to do anything approaching what Taylor did in 3 seasons is Herschel Walker and Walker was 1,000 yards behind him.

Taylor's college career was remarkable.

But he just wasn't the right fit here. I don't understand why that's so difficult for a couple of people to understand. Had we gone a different route in round 1 and Taylor were still there somehow in round 2, I'd have absolutely grabbed him and found a way to incorporate his strengths into the offense (he'd probably end up a better version of what we have in Williams; we know it can be done).

But being a great player doesn't mean he'd have been the best player here.

RealSNR
04-24-2020, 02:30 PM
I know it's a small deal in the grand scheme of things. But I can't hear the name Darwin Thompson without thinking about him trying to toss the ball away after recovering Sorensona strip vs houston.

Dudes a decent runner but not sure he was grasping the offense. Chiefs looked terrified about putting him in pass pro.

With the expanded rosters beyond 53, he might stick around. Maybe that 2nd year is enough time for him to not be quite AS stupid, and he'll actually be able to contribute some?

At the very least, I hope this has been enough time for him to study up on the rules of advancing the football on turnovers.

Kiimo
04-24-2020, 02:30 PM
Explaining taking a smaller, slower, less productive RB because he caught more passes, oh hell yes:rolleyes:

Okay you need to be banned from the thread you aren't even listening

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2020, 02:31 PM

Take the 5-8 208 4.6 less productive guy over the bigger faster more productive guy.

Bigger isn't as important in our offense.

Faster isn't as important as quickness and playing in space.

And any capable every down RB who can also play WR is a goddamn cheat code with kcs offense.

Oh, and he won't fumble the damn ball.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 02:31 PM

LMAO @ a guy thinking college stats are important to evaluating talent and projecting to the pros.

Quick, someone get this guy Tim Tebow!

And that Patrick Mahomes guy, he's a loser! He never won anything in college!

BigChiefFan
04-24-2020, 02:32 PM

Dude, don’t be a hater. JT brings a lot to the table, but 18 fumbles can’t be ignored, neither can the fact that CEH is the best pass catching HB in this draft-Which fits Andy Reid’s offense ideally. CEH is a better fit for us. We have a bad ass QB, who passes a lot. CEH gives us a weapon in the passing game AND the running game. It’s just that simple.

Kiimo
04-24-2020, 02:32 PM
I can see Ubeja Vontell actually being Kevin Kietzman pretending to be black to get more cred

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 02:34 PM

In other words......look guy we wanted the smaller slower less productive RB because he can probably help us better in the passing game, don't question it.

So I need to just agree?

Hammock Parties
04-24-2020, 02:35 PM
Even if he DOES run 4.6, it doesn't matter. We need a chain mover, not a guy who's going to score 60-yard TDs.

This offense needs a guy to hit singles and doubles, not a home-run hitter.

Mahomes can go yard at any time. What he does need, is more guys on base.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 02:35 PM
Dude, don’t be a hater. JT brings a lot to the table, but 18 fumbles can’t be ignored, neither can the fact that CEH is the best pass catching HB in this draft-Which fits Andy Reid’s offense ideally. CEH is a better fit for us. We have a bad ass QB, who passes a lot. CEH gives us a weapon in the passing game AND the running game. It’s just that simple.

CEH is a better runner between the tackles.

Or as Veach said, the BEST in this draft class at running between the tackles.

Yeah, im kind of forced to shit on Taylor to argue with Ubeja. I do think Taylor is a good back.

But i won't sit here and pretend like CEH isn't a better runner between the tackles. He just is. It's not JUST about his ability in the passing game. He's a better pure runner too.

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 02:36 PM
In other words......look guy we wanted the smaller slower less productive RB because he can probably help us better in the passing game, don't question it.

So I need to just agree?

Barry Sanders 5-8.

Emmitt Smith 5-9"

#Toosmall /Ubeja

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 02:37 PM

Ok, cool!

I just think if a team spends that first round pick on a RB you go with the best out there, that is Jonathan Taylor.

Sorce
04-24-2020, 02:37 PM

I have him on ignore but he's like coronavirus and you all keep spreading him.

Kiimo
04-24-2020, 02:39 PM

So I need to just agree?

Don't talk to me. You're impossible and I don't have time for it.

WhawhaWhat
04-24-2020, 02:40 PM
Barry Sanders 5-8.

Emmitt Smith 5-9"

#Toosmall /Ubeja

Ray Rice - 5'8.

Maurice Jones-Drew - 5'7

Deberg_1990
Any character concerns with CEH?

He won’t kick any girls in hotel hallways will he?

thabear04
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">������ <a href="https://t.co/GfUvTSLv2W">pic.twitter.com/GfUvTSLv2W</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1253785835528499200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 02:41 PM

No but if you try to rob him he'll shoot your ass.

Ubeja Vontell
Barry Sanders 5-8.

Emmitt Smith 5-9"

#Toosmall /Ubeja

Compare what those two did at the NCAA level vs CEH.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here&#39;s another good nugget on new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> RB <a href="https://twitter.com/Clydro_22?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Clydro_22</a>, per <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF</a>&#39;s Draft Guide.<br><br>&quot;Not only was (Edwards-Helaire) the most valuable RB in college football in PFF’s wins above average (WAA), but he was 13th most valuable player regardless of position &amp; third most valuable non-QB.&quot;</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1253782301563138050?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!

No but he did kill a man

Kiimo
04-24-2020, 02:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">������ <a href="https://t.co/GfUvTSLv2W">pic.twitter.com/GfUvTSLv2W</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1253785835528499200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

no pressure lol

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 02:42 PM
Don't talk to me. You're impossible and I don't have time for it.

So... it's, look. only my opinion matters got it.......hahaha!!!!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
04-24-2020, 02:43 PM
charles gon b mad

ModSocks
04-24-2020, 02:44 PM
So... it's, look. only my opinion matters got it.......hahaha!!!!!!!!!

No, he's actually saying your opinion doesn't matter.

Holy shit you're dense.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 02:44 PM
charles gon b mad

I feel bad for Darwin. He asked Jamaal if he could wear it and he said yes than t got moved to Shady when he got here now it goes to AstroClyde. Feel bad for him

DJ's left nut
04-24-2020, 02:47 PM
Compare what those two did at the NCAA level vs CEH.

Nah - just gonna put you on ignore instead.

You're just...boring.

Have fun repeating yourself and shouting into the darkness.

kccrow
04-24-2020, 02:47 PM

Not much conversation on him the entire way. Literally nobody saw him as a fit for KC's offense. Dobbins and Swift were the only other real considerations by most early.

Taylor is absolutely no slouch, but he puts the ball on the ground too often, isn't a great receiver, and doesn't have the short-area agility to bounce and cut back that you'd love from an outside zone runner. I think you put him in Baltimore, Detroit, Jacksonville, Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, Washington, and teams like that where he's in more of a power scheme and is asked to be purely a one-cut runner, he's gonna eat well. I think he's a 1300 yd back, consistently.

rtmike
04-24-2020, 02:50 PM
Just watched the kid interviewed after the pick.
What a good kid.

srvy
04-24-2020, 02:51 PM
Holmes ran a 4.7 40 time.

He went undrafted because of the stopwatchers.

Ubeja Vontell

You're just...boring.

Have fun repeating yourself and shouting into the darkness.

Love those debating skills guy......look agree with me, or else......hahaha!!!!!

RunKC
I will say this: our rivals, and other teams (ahem Ravens), see how important it is to get coverage help in the middle of the field on Kelce. That’s why Denver tried to trade up to get Queen and Baltimore ultimately selected him.

Teams want a 6 DB concept or a strong coverage backer. Just like the 49ers and other teams trying cover 3 on us with the most success.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My best guess at a trade up target is Xavier McKinney. Fangio told <a href="https://twitter.com/TroyRenck?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TroyRenck</a> at the Combine they wanted to upgrade linebackers &quot;with nuance&quot; and also said more 6 DB sets. <br><br>McKinney can essentially do both things and serve as heir to Kareem Jackson.</p>&mdash; Joe Rowles (@JoRo_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoRo_NFL/status/1253721066943414272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CEH destroys that gameplan. And that’s probably a huge reason why we got him. You can’t run cover 3 with a back that can destroy you up the middle or as a receiver.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 02:55 PM
Look people, the bottom line is win football games.

Jonathan Taylor scored...21....rushing TD's last season, in his last two seasons he has gained over 4000 yards....4000 YARDS!!!!!

Fuck it, just watch what happens next season and the career.

DONE~~~~~~~~~~~

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 02:59 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Match made in heaven. <a href="https://t.co/RgURXUZG4O">pic.twitter.com/RgURXUZG4O</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1253769875937538051?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Awesome, and he prolly doesn’t even know Rudd’s a huge Chiefs fan LMAO

Kiimo
04-24-2020, 03:02 PM
I have him on ignore but he's like coronavirus and you all keep spreading him.

Sorry for that.

I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was put on my ignore five years ago and no one ever told him, but through some kind of glitch in the posting department, I can still view his posts.

So I just fixed the glitch, so it will just work itself out naturally.

Chiefspants
04-24-2020, 03:03 PM

He was also 5'9 on his tippy toes.

"Too small and too slow" amirite?

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 03:03 PM
Sorry for that.

I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was put on my ignore five years ago and no one ever told him, but through some kind of glitch in the posting department, I can still view his posts.

So I just fixed the glitch, so it will just work itself out naturally.

Just don’t take his Swingline...

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 03:13 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Important: everyone should know Stone Cold Steve Austin’s favorite pick of the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFLDraft?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFLDraft</a>. <a href="https://t.co/KwSSChRR3w">pic.twitter.com/KwSSChRR3w</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1253767403462438912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 03:18 PM
Pat asks for a running back and he gets it

Rodgers asks for some help and they draft his replacement

Skyy God
04-24-2020, 03:21 PM
Awesome, and he prolly doesn’t even know Rudd’s a huge Chiefs fan LMAO

Kid seems pretty savvy.

srvy
I dont think Taylor will even be the first RB taken in round 2. I have a feeling Swift may go next and possibly at 34 to Indy who wanted CEH.

Skyy God

Rogers is pretty dickish.

I think his welcome has worn out.

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 03:22 PM
Rogers is pretty dickish.

I think his welcome has worn out.
Can you blame him? They gave him piles of shit to throw the ball to and some god awful blocking.

I'd be a dick too.

srvy
04-24-2020, 03:25 PM
You cant as a GM overlook those fumbles. Putting the ball on the ground cancels out any advantage you had in speed. Andy for damn sure won't tolerate it! He loves Shady but the fumbles ended any chance at multiple carries down the stretch run.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-24-2020, 03:38 PM
Wow

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/JDOW4qiin8">pic.twitter.com/JDOW4qiin8</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1253793544688537607?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2020, 03:43 PM

You're just...boring.

Have fun repeating yourself and shouting into the darkness.he's the taco john of the lounge. "Why can't everyone else see the TRUTH?"

GayFrogs
04-24-2020, 03:46 PM

Nothing could be sweeter than this fact.

Skyy God
04-24-2020, 03:46 PM
Can you blame him? They gave him piles of shit to throw the ball to and some god awful blocking.

I'd be a dick too.

And the Beav as HC, who was allegedly getting massages instead of attending meetings.

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 03:50 PM
And the Beav as HC, who was allegedly getting massages instead of attending meetings.

LaFleur was missing his own meetings?

O.city
04-24-2020, 03:57 PM
Has DJLN come down on this yet? I haven’t seen the post

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2020, 03:58 PM

He went undrafted to due ACL surgery

Megatron96
04-24-2020, 03:59 PM
Wow

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/JDOW4qiin8">pic.twitter.com/JDOW4qiin8</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1253793544688537607?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That second clip really got me on the edge of my seat. That's a Marhsall Faulk type of move. You can't teach that; that's advanced PHD level ankle-breaker shit. If that's some kind of signature move for him, watch out, he's going to terrify LBs for years to come.

TwistedChief
04-24-2020, 04:09 PM
If there were some poorly-constructed artificial intelligence creation on CP that only had access to statistics found on the internet but couldn’t actually watch video, I would name it Ubeja.

Skyy God
04-24-2020, 04:11 PM
LaFleur was missing his own meetings?

Mike McCarthy.

tredadda
04-24-2020, 04:12 PM
Exactly.

I don't get all these people that say this wasn't a need.

Who the **** was going to be the feature back in 2020? 28 year old Damien Williams, the guy that's had 1,200 rushing yards and 12 TD's in SIX Seasons?

No ****ing way.

I think some get fascinated with playoff Damien and forget there is also a regular season Damien and they are not the same guy. He is good for short bursts, hence the playoff success but he is not a all season workhorse back.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 04:15 PM
If there were some poorly-constructed artificial intelligence creation on CP that only had access to statistics found on the internet but couldn’t actually watch video, I would name it Ubeja.

Let's watch some video....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/we_qHxD6C-4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

he won the Doak Walker award for a reason.

Over 4000 yards rushing in two seasons......wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wSuz2gy_2FQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26
04-24-2020, 04:15 PM
Has DJLN come down on this yet? I haven’t seen the post

Seemed like he was happy about it.

Easy 6
04-24-2020, 04:16 PM
Mike McCarthy.

Ah, gotcha, when you said “the beav” my thought was babyface kid... didnt know that about Mike “my face is a canned ham” McCarthy

farmerchief
04-24-2020, 04:20 PM
I dont think Taylor will even be the first RB taken in round 2. I have a feeling Swift may go next and possibly at 34 to Indy who wanted CEH.There are several good RB's left, and I would expect a run on them in the second. CEH would not have been there for the Chiefs for the pick at the end of the second round, IMO. Chiefs management apparently wanted him, so I have no qualms with him being picked. Plenty of good WR,CB, and Oline left. just hope they can get some protection from Patrick.

RunKC
04-24-2020, 04:21 PM
So this guy played slot receiver in high school? Everything I learn about him each day makes me like him more.

He’s definitely playing some receiver and I’d bet he will play in the slot too. That’s why I liked Antonio Gibson so much.

Awesome

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With the final pick in the first round the Super Bowl Champs added another weapon for Patrick Mahomes. Wait till you hear who GM Brett Veach and Andy Reid compared LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Hilaire to. This just may be a perfect fit between player and scheme. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nflnetwork?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#nflnetwork</a> <a href="https://t.co/UMRbSx2cgw">pic.twitter.com/UMRbSx2cgw</a></p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1253792083082506240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TwistedChief
04-24-2020, 04:29 PM
Let's watch some video....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/we_qHxD6C-4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

he won the Doak Walker award for a reason.

Over 4000 yards rushing in two seasons......wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds like the exact reply I'd expect from an old Soviet bot being phased out.

On his team, he had the Heisman Trophy winner. He had the Bilitnekoff Award winner. He had the Thorpe Award winner.

And his teammates voted him the MVP. Think about that. Aside from his impressive stats against the best competition in college football, his teammates thought enough of his holistic body of work to vote him MVP on one of the most loaded college football teams we've seen.

As per always, you completely lose sight of the intangibles and what doesn't fit neatly in your spreadsheet, Comrade Ubeja. You need to be decommissioned immediately.

O.city
04-24-2020, 04:32 PM
Seemed like he was happy about it.

What post?

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 04:35 PM
This sounds like the exact reply I'd expect from an old Soviet bot being phased out.

On his team, he had the Heisman Trophy winner. He had the Bilitnekoff Award winner. He had the Thorpe Award winner.

And his teammates voted him the MVP. Think about that. Aside from his impressive stats against the best competition in college football, his teammates thought enough of his holistic body of work to vote him MVP on one of the most loaded college football teams we've seen.

As per always, you completely lose sight of the intangibles and what doesn't fit neatly in your spreadsheet, Comrade Ubeja. You need to be decommissioned immediately.

What about.....Doak Walker Award winner don't you get?

What about.....over 2000 yards rushing 21 TD;s....last season don't you understand?

How many RB's run a 4.3 40, well?

His teammates like CEH....who cares.

Dude, a FIRST ROUND draft pick on .....well he can catch the ball........please!

Warpaint69
04-24-2020, 04:53 PM
What about.....Doak Walker Award winner don't you get?

What about.....over 2000 yards rushing 21 TD;s....last season don't you understand?

How many RB's run a 4.3 40, well?

His teammates like CEH....who cares.

Dude, a FIRST ROUND draft pick on .....well he can catch the ball........please!You should just stick to track and pro wrestling

notorious
04-24-2020, 04:58 PM
Gee, I wonder who padded stats against average talent and who kicked fucking ass against NFL talent EVERY week.

Get that other RB's shit out of OUR guy's thread.

JohnnyHammersticks
04-24-2020, 04:58 PM
Fantasy Football (especially PPR leagues) already foaming at the mouth over Clydro.

Kansas City Clyde: Edwards-Helaire Becomes Slam Dunk 1.01 In Dynasty Rookie Drafts
April 24, 2020

Clyde Edwards-Helaire: Rookie Draft 1.01

When writing my first article for YardsPerFantasy (https://yardsperfantasy.com/clyde-edwards-helaire-2020-nfl-draft-fantasy-football-dynasty-rankings-value/), I never imagined the NFL would think as highly of Clyde Edwards-Helaire (CEH) as I did. However, when Andy Reid got on the clock with the 32nd overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, he saw nothing but a Brian Westbrook clone in CEH. That comparison should vault him to the top of dynasty rookie drafts this summer. Pairing Reid with Edward-Helaire makes the young back a clear 1.01 in dynasty rookie drafts.

Westbrook was a shorter back with good weight, faster in shoulder pads than on a track, and could explode through holes. Also, you can’t leave out his pass-catching ability. If you weren’t paying attention, I basically just described Andy Reid’s type. Westbrook and Kareem Hunt both fit that mold. When Reid turned on the LSU tape, he saw someone better.

For Clyde Edwards-Helaire Touches = Production

Boy, there will be touches funneling to CEH in Kansas City. Since 2003, Reid has proved year after year that when he finds his bell-cow, he’s going to feed him the ball. In Philadelphia, Brian Westbrook averaged 265 touches per year, and LeSean McCoy averaged 264 touches per year. Since arriving in Kansas City in 2013, Reid has deployed five different lead backs who averaged 239 touches per year in that role.

Andy Reid also has a propensity for leading potent offenses. Since 2013, Kansas City has ranked outside the top-10 in points scored only twice. It also doesn’t hurt that they have the fastest man in the NFL playing WR, a top-three TE, and some guy named Patrick Mahomes at QB.

When All Else Fails, Trust Draft Capital

Draft capital is everything in the NFL, especially at the RB position. Whether it’s purposeful or involuntary, NFL head coaches give higher-drafted players more playing time. With RB, the correlation between draft capital and success is the strongest of all skill positions. Any time a RB goes in the first round, we MUST pay attention. As the NFL devalues the position with limited second contract opportunities, we must hammer the RB position early and often in dynasty leagues.

CEH is the sure-fire, slam dunk rookie 1.01 in dynasty rookie drafts. He has the draft capital, talent, and a perfect team fit. It was speculated that whoever Kansas City drafted at RB would vault to the top of rookie drafts this summer. Every now and then, speculation is spot on.

https://yardsperfantasy.com/dynasty-rookie-draft-clyde-edwards-helaire-fantasy-football-rankings-value/

BryanBusby
04-24-2020, 05:01 PM
You should just stick to track and pro wrestling
He needs to stick to running his car with the garage door fully closed.

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 05:08 PM
You should just stick to track and pro wrestling

I don't think so seeing how I can talk Billy Cannon and Alan "Horse" Ameche stud LSU/Wisconsin RB's.

Hell, Steve Van Buren!!!!!

Ubeja Vontell
04-24-2020, 05:11 PM
Here's how it's going to go...

CEH is going to be a good NFL RB, but Jonathan Taylor will a better one.

See ya!

FloridaMan88
04-24-2020, 05:15 PM
Here's how it's going to go...

CEH is going to be a good NFL RB, but Jonathan Taylor will a better one.

See ya!

Jonathan Taylor is a fumble-prone RB with limited experience as a pass catcher and he will enter the NFL with a ton of mileage... 900+ carries in college.

No thanks.