PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

evenfall
10-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Some people ON THIS SITE claimed that MU didn't have an offer. Seriously.

They were all listening to KK and his "there is no interest. None." song and dance.

HemiEd
10-28-2011, 11:01 AM
So can someone give me a rundown of all the conference moves that have taken place so far this year? I'm not reading 8000 posts. I'd appreciate it.

You are curious about someone other than Mizzou? This is a Mizzou thread dammit! :D

TCU to the BIG 12, WV looks imminent and maybe Louisville
aTm to SEC, and obviously Mizzou.
Syracuse and Pittsburgh left the Big East to join the ACC

Of course Nebraska and Colorado are old news correct?

If I left something out, please feel free to correct me.

evenfall
10-28-2011, 11:04 AM
You are curious about someone other than Mizzou? This is a Mizzou thread dammit! :D

Texas blocked Louisville. Even though everyone else was in favor, as conference dictators they exercised veto power.

Saul Good
10-28-2011, 11:45 AM

UCF went to the Big East.
Utah went to the PAC.
MWC and CUSA merged.

Buehler445
10-28-2011, 11:56 AM

Thanks.

Old Dog
10-28-2011, 12:10 PM
I can't fault Mizzou for leaving at all (though a couple in here are being much more douchey than required) and wish that the Cats could do the same.

Not that it will ever happen, but I would love for OU to get their way tired of Texas and somehow KU and KSU tag along with OSU to complete the PAC 16 with pods set up like this:

Northwest: Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State
Californa: California, USC, UCLA, Stanford
Southwest: Arizona, Utah, Arizona State, Colorado
East: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State

mnchiefsguy
10-28-2011, 01:20 PM
KK meltdown on hold. Playing audio clip from Louisville. I still think Louisville gets in eventually. They don't sound too disappointed.

dirk digler
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
What is the deal with Notre Dame are they really coming to the B12?

mnchiefsguy
10-28-2011, 01:28 PM

KK seems to think that there is a real possibility that ND will move all of their sports sans football to the Big XII.

Bambi
10-28-2011, 01:31 PM

Theory is that ND has to move all of their other sports to the Big 12.

The Big 12 would hold them to playing 4-5 football games with Big 12 opponents on a rotational basis.

Some say it would be a longshot for ND to agree to play in smaller stadiums but then again they are going to have to put all their other sports somewhere so who knows.

kstater
10-28-2011, 01:31 PM

It stands to reason that Big East is a dead league. ND likely has 3 options for the non-revenue sports. ACC, Big 10 and Big 12. Neither the ACC or the Big 10 will allow partial membership. So, ND will either join a conference fully, or go to the Big 12.

mnchiefsguy
10-28-2011, 01:34 PM
It stands to reason that Big East is a dead league. ND likely has 3 options for the non-revenue sports. ACC, Big 10 and Big 12. Neither the ACC or the Big 10 will allow partial membership. So, ND will either join a conference fully, or go to the Big 12.

Assuming the Big East does completely collapse. If the Big East remains viable in basketball and other sports, ND might not do anything. I don't see that happening necessarily, but anything is possible with the conferences at this point.

dirk digler
10-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks guys. I don't know why they wouldn't just commit to the Big 10 but I guess they like their NBC contract more.

mnchiefsguy
10-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys. I don't know why they wouldn't just commit to the Big 10 but I guess they like their NBC contract more.

I think ND would jump to move the rest of their sports to the Big 10, but the Big 10 is stalwart, if ND joins, then it is all or nothing, they want the football too. Smart stance by the B1G, in my opinion.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-28-2011, 01:56 PM

there's more to it, such as the whole stem cell research vs. Catholocism stuff too.

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-28-2011, 02:28 PM
there's more to it, such as the whole stem cell research vs. Catholocism stuff too.

Don't forget the abortion known as Indiana football.

Frazod
10-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Don't forget the abortion known as Indiana football.

LMAO

vailpass
10-28-2011, 02:42 PM
KK seems to think that there is a real possibility that ND will move all of their sports sans football to the Big XII.

B12 gets the whole muffin except for the muffin top? Oh boy.

HemiEd
10-28-2011, 02:59 PM
B12 gets the whole muffin except for the muffin top? Oh boy.

Yeah, if they do that, it would be admitting defeat. Fuck the Irish.

KChiefs1
10-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Having Notre Dame without football worked out well for the Big East...oh wait.

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Having Notre Dame without football worked out well for the Big East...oh wait.

R

mnchiefsguy
10-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Will there be more infighting in the BIG XII upcoming. According to a report, WVU is going to be a equal member right away, while TCU won't get full payments for a full years:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/314650-sources-west-virginias-big-12-share-bigger-than-tcus?sct=cf_t2_a11&eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI

mnchiefsguy
10-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Will there be more infighting in the BIG XII upcoming. According to a report, WVU is going to be a equal member right away, while TCU won't get full payments for a full years:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/314650-sources-west-virginias-big-12-share-bigger-than-tcus?sct=cf_t2_a11&eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI

kstater
10-29-2011, 04:49 PM
TCU and West Virginia on same revenue-sharing plan

There will be no difference in how Big 12 Conference revenue is shared between the Big 12's new members, who both plan on entering the league in 2012.

"It's similar; it's the same," said Big 12 interim commissioner Chuck Neinas.

Official details have not been disclosed, but the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported earlier this month that TCU would earn 50 percent of the expected $17 million payout in the 2012-13 academic year, 67 percent in 2013-14, 84 percent in 2014-15, and 100 percent in 2015-16
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/37397/west-virginia-big-12-talk-partnership-details

SPchief
10-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Is it similar or the same?

Titty Meat
10-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Is it similar or the same?

They both are getting paid in US dollars.

|Zach|
10-29-2011, 05:08 PM
http://p.twimg.com/Ac9VDFjCIAIauyD.jpg

Bowser
10-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Heh....

evenfall
10-29-2011, 05:55 PM

Institutional butthurt

eazyb81
10-29-2011, 06:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/37397/west-virginia-big-12-talk-partnership-details

Oh well if Neinas said it then I believe it. His word has been as good as gold throughout this process.

Bambi
10-29-2011, 06:40 PM

lol, OSU did that?

Pretty ballsy for the team I'm picking to win the National Championship.

HolyHandgernade
10-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Just when you thought it was safe to stop talking about realignment:

http://newsok.com/dont-count-out-louisville-to-big-12-just-yet/article/3618573?custom_click=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Don't count out Louisville to Big 12 just yet

BY BERRY TRAMEL
Published: October 30, 2011

Chuck Neinas says the Big 12 is finished expanding for now. And you can trust him, so long as you don't get too picky about what “now” means.

Don't count out Louisville to Big 12 just yet.

The Big 12 added West Virginia on Friday, leaving Louisville in the wretched Big East. The Big 12 might be a pirate ship, but at least America wants to watch the Bluebeards play football.

But don't count out Louisville coming on board, too. And maybe sooner rather than later.

A Big 12 source told me that despite what Neinas said Friday, the conference has not settled on 10 as an ideal number. In fact, there could be a push to also invite Louisville soon and bring the membership to 11.

Make the West Virginia/Big East negotiation a two-school affair. Strength in numbers.

Eleven is an odd number in more ways than one. But the Big Ten had 11 members for 20 years.

At 11, the Big 12 could stand pat and try to work a deal for Notre Dame as an associate member, in all sports but football. At 11, the Big 12 could stand ready to easily get back to a full 12-team league with divisions and a championship game, no matter whether the 12th team is manna from Heaven (Notre Dame) or another Big East refugee (Cincinnati).

At 11, the Big 12 would have scheduling options. Stick with the nine-game league schedule, which means each football team would skip one conference opponent a year.

Or even better, the Big 12 could go to a 10-team league schedule. Coaches wouldn't like the severity of such a task, but it would greatly enhance the Big 12's television package. More inventory; more quality games.

West Virginia got the nod over Louisville primarily for television purposes. The Mountaineers are a brand name on the gridiron. Louisville wouldn't add value to the network contracts. But if Louisville meant a 10-game conference schedule, well, that's different. That's 55 conference games; that's a lot of good football.

Plus, Louisville brings other benefits to the Big 12. Across-the-board athletic success. The Cardinals beat OSU to go to the 2007 College World Series. The Cardinals beat OU in the 2009 Women's Final Four.

And Rick Pitino's team has been known to play a little basketball. I know conference realignment is football driven, but a school that can put the Big 12's name in lights in March is a handy bonus.

So I would invite Louisville quickly, and some in the conference agree, no matter what Neinas says.

The interim commissioner seemed to bring some stability to the conference when he arrived a few weeks ago. But last week was a total mess.

An invitation to West Virginia, then rescinded. Then the invite restored, a couple of days later. From what I know, Neinas wasn't culpable. Sounds like presidential meddling.

But then the Big 12 put out a press release that basically said Missouri was gone, when Mizzou hasn't bolted yet. And then Neinas said the Big 12 hadn't even discussed the idea of returning to 12 teams, which is pure nonsense.

Not only have presidents of several universities — including David Boren and Burns Hargis — publicly stated their preference for 12 schools, sources say the idea has been bantered about on the expansion committee.

To say otherwise means Neinas is either confused or, even worse, a Texas puppet, since DeLoss Dodds is a member of the 10-team party.

Nothing against Dodds or his preference. But when the commissioner erroneously declares the Big 12's position, there's a problem.

The Big 12 managed to turn what should have been a celebration moment – West Virginia coming in – into another league embarrassment. The Big 12 pitted schools from another conference against each other. That's bad form.

The best way for this league to restore its tattered image is do what it's done this autumn. Win a bunch of football games. But the next-best way is to adequately replace the quality programs that have departed.
West Virginia qualifies. So does Louisville.

Read more: http://newsok.com/dont-count-out-louisville-to-big-12-just-yet/article/3618573#ixzz1cKUujvbQ

Mr_Tomahawk
10-30-2011, 10:45 PM
ReAllY>!>??

We were less than an hour from going a whole day without seeing this thread on the front page and you have to bump it with this garbage?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7ze17B91h1qctkcl.png

HolyHandgernade
10-30-2011, 10:46 PM
ReAllY>!>??

We were less than an hour from going a whole day without seeing this thread on the front page and you have to bump it with this garbage?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7ze17B91h1qctkcl.png

Yes.

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Just when you thought it was safe to stop talking about realignment:

http://newsok.com/dont-count-out-louisville-to-big-12-just-yet/article/3618573?custom_click=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterNot gonna happen unless they could get a 12th school to follow soon. You cant have a Conf. Championship game with 11. A big reason why B1G wanted to get to 12 schools. Lots of TV revenue in those Championship games.

HolyHandgernade
10-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Not gonna happen unless they could get a 12th school to follow soon. You cant have a Conf. Championship game with 11. A big reason why B1G wanted to get to 12 schools. Lots of TV revenue in those Championship games.

Well, some of the schools don't want a championship game, and I think a championship game would fall under the Tier 1 rights, not Tier 2. So, since those negotiations are a few years away, they could very easily go to some 11 game rotation, possibly with ND as an associate member, and then evaluate the situation as the 1st Tier nears.

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2011, 11:01 PM
On second thought, I suppose you could still have a Champ. game, but the divisions would be uneven. Not sure how that would work.

Saul Good
10-31-2011, 06:08 AM
The smart play would be Louisville and Cincy. That would break the Big East, and exit fees wouldn't be an issue.

eazyb81
10-31-2011, 06:31 AM
I thought it was decided that Texas wanted to add West Virginia only to stay at ten teams. If that's the case, that is what will happen. OU needs to realize their opinion is irrelevant.

Frankly, I think the Big 12 should stay at ten. Adding Louisville and Cincinnati will dilute the football brand quite a bit. Replacing Mizzou and A&M with WVU and TCU will keep the Big 12 as one of the top three football conferences, which is what UT is probably focused on.

Molitoth
10-31-2011, 08:12 AM
I love this chaos, I just hope it somehow effects the BCS into a forced playoff system.

Mr. Plow
10-31-2011, 08:20 AM
I love this chaos, I just hope it somehow effects the BCS into a forced playoff system.

All thanks to MU.

Pants
10-31-2011, 08:38 AM
All thanks to MU.

LMAO

mikeyis4dcats.
10-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Deato has cancelled his 9 day trip to India. Settle in for a while boys.

beer bacon
10-31-2011, 09:01 AM
The smart play would be Louisville and Cincy. That would break the Big East, and exit fees wouldn't be an issue.

Except the Big East has secretly cloned Ken Starr and they are ready to sue.

HemiEd
10-31-2011, 09:02 AM
All thanks to MU.

We should all make a policy of genuflecting to the Mizzou flag each morning, and once again prior to going to bed at night.

Pants
10-31-2011, 09:27 AM
We should all make a policy of genuflecting to the Mizzou flag each morning, and once again prior to going to bed at night.

LMAO

HolyHandgernade
10-31-2011, 09:43 AM
I thought it was interesting after the Big XII reconfirmed WVU as the choice you heard next to nothing from the Louisville camp. There was a big stink when it was first announced, everything died down quickly, then they announced WVU, and there was very little comment afterwards from Louisville.

I think the Big XII told them to be patient, they were going to come in, they just needed to check on some contingencies first and then give them their own day. I think they'll stand pat at 11 and ND will be a non football participant while playing 4-6 games a year against Big XII opponents. That prospect was probably enough for FOX to adjust the 2nd Tier. Go a couple years like this, and then when 1st Tier negotiations start up they can look to go to a permanent 12, whether that means ND as a continued non-football participant or a full member.

That way, the Big XII can negotiate 1st Tier with a conference championship as part of the package while enjoying the best possible benefit from the 2nd Tier.

Reerun_KC
10-31-2011, 09:49 AM
This is still a topic of discussion?

Pants
10-31-2011, 09:51 AM
This is still a topic of discussion?

Uhh... why wouldn't it be?

HemiEd
10-31-2011, 09:52 AM
Uhh... why wouldn't it be?

Ballsack?

eazyb81
10-31-2011, 09:54 AM
I think the Big XII told them to be patient, they were going to come in, they just needed to check on some contingencies first and then give them their own day. I think they'll stand pat at 11 and ND will be a non football participant while playing 4-6 games a year against Big XII opponents. That prospect was probably enough for FOX to adjust the 2nd Tier. Go a couple years like this, and then when 1st Tier negotiations start up they can look to go to a permanent 12, whether that means ND as a continued non-football participant or a full member.

That way, the Big XII can negotiate 1st Tier with a conference championship as part of the package while enjoying the best possible benefit from the 2nd Tier.

LMAO

Reerun_KC
10-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Ballsack?

Ballsack hurt?

:shrug:

Why discuss it. The deal is done. MU is in the SEC and this thread has Aids..

Maybe we should start a Big 12 survival thread?

Pants
10-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Ballsack hurt?

:shrug:

Why discuss it. The deal is done. MU is in the SEC and this thread has Aids..

Maybe we should start a Big 12 survival thread?

:facepalm:

This thread is about conference realignment. That may include other moves (like WVU and UoL for example).

Reerun_KC
10-31-2011, 10:02 AM
:facepalm:

This thread is about conference realignment. That may include other moves (like WVU and UoL for example).

Well you dont say???

95% of this thread is nothing more than a dick measuring contest between MU and KU/KSU fans...

Its more contagious that a mexican hooker...

Pants
10-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Well you dont say???

95% of this thread is nothing more than a dick measuring contest between MU and KU/KSU fans...

Its more contagious that a mexican hooker...

Yes, due to the fact that this board has a lot of MU, KU and KSU fans, there was a rather involved discussion about MU leaving. That doesn't change the fact that this thread is about conference realignment. It's not that hard to understand, man, not sure what you're having trouble with here.

WVU and UoL moves are relevant and will be discussed. If you happen not to care about that, then you're welcome to put this thread on ignore. Toodles.

Reerun_KC
10-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Yes, due to the fact that this board has a lot of MU, KU and KSU fans, there was a rather involved discussion about MU leaving. That doesn't change the fact that this thread is about conference realignment. It's not that hard to understand, man, not sure what you're having trouble with here.

WVU and UoL moves are relevant and will be discussed. If you happen not to care about that, then you're welcome to put this thread on ignore. Toodles.

Seriously?

You didnt just do this? :eek:

patteeu
10-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Seriously?

You didnt just do this? :eek:

I've never really spent much time in Lawrence. Is that the way grown men talk to each other in that town?

Pants
10-31-2011, 12:19 PM
I've never really spent much time in Lawrence. Is that the way grown men talk to each other in that town?

Does a frenchy like you prefer a tout a l'heure?

Pitt Gorilla
10-31-2011, 05:59 PM
OU Fan representing. Starts at the 13 minute mark: :)

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=26&c=373&f=254151

Saul Good
10-31-2011, 07:45 PM
OU Fan representing. Starts at the 13 minute mark: :)

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=26&c=373&f=254151

I call bullshit on that guy being an OU fan.

KChiefs1
10-31-2011, 09:12 PM
I call bullshit on that guy being an OU fan.

That's a KU/KSU fan.

Saul Good
10-31-2011, 09:47 PM
That's a KU/KSU fan.

It was a KU fan. No Oklahoma fan talks about KU's final fours or their football team bringing revenue to the conference by making the Orange Bowl.

Braincase
10-31-2011, 10:28 PM
It was a KU fan. No Oklahoma fan talks about KU's final fours or their football team bringing revenue to the conference by making the Orange Bowl.

Well, it certainly wasn't an MU fan talking about their Final Four or BCS revenue, now was it?

Bambi
10-31-2011, 11:33 PM

bwahahahaha,

win something then talk shit.

go Chiefs!

mnchiefsguy
10-31-2011, 11:48 PM
Win a conference game, then talk shit.

Now, now...KU did get -2 rushing yards against Texas.

Mosbonian
11-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I noticed in an article on Yahoo that Neinas was saying that they expect WVU to be in the Big 12 next year. Kinda odd that he wants WVU in the Big 12 in violation of the bylaws of the Big East, but expects MU to fulfill their obligation to the Big 12.

kcfan82
11-01-2011, 08:55 PM
I noticed in an article on Yahoo that Neinas was saying that they expect WVU to be in the Big 12 next year. Kinda odd that he wants WVU in the Big 12 in violation of the bylaws of the Big East, but expects MU to fulfill their obligation to the Big 12.

That's probably because the Big East has 5 teams and doesn't have a 1.2 billion dollar TV contract.

Mosbonian
11-01-2011, 09:07 PM
That's probably because the Big East has 5 teams and doesn't have a 1.2 billion dollar TV contract.

So what you are saying is that there are special circumstances where a Commissioner is allowed to encourage breaking contracts and obligations?

kcfan82
11-01-2011, 09:32 PM
So what you are saying is that there are special circumstances where a Commissioner is allowed to encourage breaking contracts and obligations?

I guess it depends on whether or not you call a conference with 5 teams a conference.

Mosbonian
11-01-2011, 09:35 PM
I guess it depends on whether or not you call a conference with 5 teams a conference.

It's still a conference....I understand your point about it being reduced in size by almost 50 %, but it's still a conference. If Neinas is pretty much telling WVU to abandon the Big East he can't be hypocritical and act like he wants MU to stay.

kcfan82
11-01-2011, 09:41 PM
It's still a conference....I understand your point about it being reduced in size by almost 50 %, but it's still a conference. If Neinas is pretty much telling WVU to abandon the Big East he can't be hypocritical and act like he wants MU to stay.

I think the big issue surrounding the Big 12 is having 10 teams to save the TV contract. If WVU gets out of the Big East, I don't see why they would keep Missouri around if they want out.

In my opinion, the push to get WVU in next year is to allow Missouri to go and yet save the TV contract.

I'm not sure why the Big 12 would want to play the season with 11 teams.

Mr. Plow
11-01-2011, 09:51 PM

lol. MU isn't getting out of their exit fees.

Mosbonian
11-01-2011, 09:55 PM
lol. MU isn't getting out of their exit fees.

I'm not worried about paying Exit Fees....I just think Neinas weakened his bargaining position yet again by his proclamation. Each time he opens his mouth the amount that MU has to pay should get smaller.

Mr. Plow
11-01-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm not worried about paying Exit Fees....I just think Neinas weakened his bargaining position yet again by his proclamation. Each time he opens his mouth the amount that MU has to pay should get smaller.

Yeah....I'm sure it will. His words make the contract invalid. If you guys hold out long enough, maybe you'll just have to buy him a double cheeseburger & you'll be good.

If MU leaves next year, and I expect them to, they'll pay no less than what CU paid but more likely around what NU paid regardless.

Mosbonian
11-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Yeah....I'm sure it will. His words make the contract invalid. If you guys hold out long enough, maybe you'll just have to buy him a double cheeseburger & you'll be good.

If MU leaves next year, and I expect them to, they'll pay no less than what CU paid but more likely around what NU paid regardless.

While I would love to see them pay as little as possible, if they only pay a little more than CU or NU I would be happy.

Although I would spring for a Cheeseburger for Neinas as an extra.

KcMizzou
11-01-2011, 10:16 PM
While I would love to see them pay as little as possible, if they only pay a little more than CU or NU I would be happy.

Although I would spring for a Cheeseburger for Neinas as an extra.How about the whole series of Matlock on VHS. I'm sure his grandkids bought him a VCR at some point.

4th and Long
11-01-2011, 10:16 PM
How about the whole series of Matlock on VHS.

:LOL:

Mosbonian
11-01-2011, 10:26 PM
How about the whole series of Matlock on VHS. I'm sure his grandkids bought him a VCR at some point.

I'm thinking that if we did he would think that it's a little too hip for him.

mnchiefsguy
11-02-2011, 11:23 AM

Considering most anti-Mizzou folks in this thread seem to think that Mizzou will be paying 20 million or more, a six million dollar exit fee would be a clear victory for Mizzou.

From what I have read, the league hasn't even begun to negotiate exit fees with aTm yet, despite the university pestering the conference to do so.

Mr. Plow
11-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Considering most anti-Mizzou folks in this thread seem to think that Mizzou will be paying 20 million or more, a six million dollar exit fee would be a clear victory for Mizzou.

From what I have read, the league hasn't even begun to negotiate exit fees with aTm yet, despite the university pestering the conference to do so.

I'm not vouching for anyone in this thread, but I've consistently stuck with $6-$12 million. It may start at $27 million, but in the end it'll $6-$12.

kepp
11-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm not vouching for anyone in this thread, but I've consistently stuck with $6-$12 million. It may start at $27 million, but in the end it'll $6-$12.

Yeah, the NU/CU exit fees ended up being about half of what they could have legally been. I see us probably paying around $10MM.

mnchiefsguy
11-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Things have been quiet this week, other than Deaton cancelling his India trip. Wonder if an announcement is on tap for sometime this week.

WilliamTheIrish
11-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Boys, I moved to Fresno two weeks ago, so I'm a little out of the loop. Any NEW news? I'd even settle for some terrible analogies.

What are the drunk brothers saying on Powe rzou?
Posted via Mobile Device

Saulbadguy
11-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Boys, I moved to Fresno two weeks ago, so I'm a little out of the loop. Any NEW news? I'd even settle for some terrible analogies.

What are the drunk brothers saying on Powe rzou?
Posted via Mobile Device

No one cares, and Mizzou has yet to go to the SEC.

DJ's left nut
11-04-2011, 08:27 AM
I got to rub elbows w/ the acting MU System President at the MU/Truman basketball game and offered him $100 to give me some info about when they'll be taking off....I was politely declined.

That is as close as I've come to any useful information over the last several days. My apologies.

BourbonMan
11-04-2011, 08:38 AM
This has nothing to do with MIZZOU..but still newsworthy.

Idaho clears Boise State to join Big East

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7186814/idaho-state-board-education-gives-boise-st-ok-join-big-east

Saulbadguy
11-04-2011, 08:47 AM
This has nothing to do with MIZZOU..but still newsworthy.

Idaho clears Boise State to join Big East

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7186814/idaho-state-board-education-gives-boise-st-ok-join-big-east

Negative rep.

Frazod
11-04-2011, 08:50 AM
No one cares, and Mizzou has yet to go to the SEC.

In other news, I certainly hope you're enjoying your last week of being ranked.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-04-2011, 09:57 AM

how have you enjoyed the last 8 weeks of being unranked?

Reerun_KC
11-04-2011, 10:03 AM

they are an SEC Traditional power now...

You dont talk to them like that.

Saulbadguy
11-04-2011, 10:05 AM

Life is good.

DJ's left nut
11-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Hey Wickedson - come tell us all how great your fans are again:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-university-of-kansas?c=button&utm_medium=email&sid=11012418&utm_campaign=gl-university-of-kansas&division=kansas-city&s=body&p=5&date=20111104&utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=all-deals_kansas-city&addxe=bXdhdHNvbjcwN0B5YWhvby5jb20=&user=ddb6176cbd5a7b92db847ed4923f1f15fa83dec968237c7b750f77dfddb0b1c6

Will you guys have weekly specials on Groupon next season?

Bambi
11-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Hey Wickedson - come tell us all how great your fans are again:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-university-of-kansas?c=button&utm_medium=email&sid=11012418&utm_campaign=gl-university-of-kansas&division=kansas-city&s=body&p=5&date=20111104&utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=all-deals_kansas-city&addxe=bXdhdHNvbjcwN0B5YWhvby5jb20=&user=ddb6176cbd5a7b92db847ed4923f1f15fa83dec968237c7b750f77dfddb0b1c6

Will you guys have weekly specials on Groupon next season?

Fans not showing up to games when they want the coach fired isn't exactly groundbreaking.

Try again.

HemiEd
11-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Just got back from Minneapolis, has Mizzou made the move yet?

Pitt Gorilla
11-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Fans not showing up to games when they want the coach fired isn't exactly groundbreaking.

Try again.Some fans would support the team/student athletes regardless of the coach.

DJ's left nut
11-04-2011, 12:11 PM

Try again.

What about last season?

Oh that's right - you guys were saving yourselves for Jim Harbaugh.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Pants
11-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Some fans would support the team/student athletes regardless of the coach.

Where have you seen those fans? I'd like to know what school sells their stadium out when losing by only 5 touchdowns is considered a good showing by the team.

MU fans don't even support their winning basketball program (unless Kansas is in town).

Bambi
11-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Some fans would support the team/student athletes regardless of the coach.

I'm sure some would definitely.

I hope you're not counting Missouri though. Especially when there were 10,000 empty seats for the #4 BCS team coming to town a couple weeks ago.

Bambi
11-04-2011, 12:14 PM
What about last season?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

ummmm, okay?

great use of the "rolling on floor laughing" smiley there

Bowser
11-04-2011, 12:26 PM

You guys are still awfully interested in a school that "doesn't matter".

DJ's left nut
11-04-2011, 12:27 PM
ummmm, okay?

great use of the "rolling on floor laughing" smiley there

HARBAUGH'S WIFE IS FROM LAWRENCE!!!!

Damn - y'all just missed him. I'm sure he'd have been the head coach of only that bastard Lew Perkins would've let him coach Stanford's bowl game...

Bambi
11-04-2011, 12:29 PM

Damn - y'all just missed him. I'm sure he'd have been the head coach of only that bastard Lew Perkins would've let him coach Stanford's bowl game...

What does Perkins and Stanford's bowl game have to do with anything?

Bambi
11-04-2011, 12:30 PM

really?

An MU fan posted KU's ticket deal on Groupon.

What does that have to do with KU caring about Missouri?

Please clarify, I'd really like to know.

Pants
11-04-2011, 12:31 PM

They like to make fun of us for having thought that we could have hired Harbaugh because some reporter broke a story. It's kind of like what happened to them with Painter, but KU fans have more class and don't rub it in nonstop.

evenfall
11-04-2011, 12:31 PM
What about last season?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Watch out, someone was talking about him in the football thread.

evenfall
11-04-2011, 12:32 PM

Aaaaaaand stay out! ;)

Frazod
11-04-2011, 12:32 PM
I see this thread has degenerated into a Kansas Douche Festival again. The gift that keeps on giving!

Pants
11-04-2011, 12:33 PM
I see this thread has degenerated into a Kansas Douche Festival again. The gift that keeps on giving!

I think your fellow MU fans are the ones commencing with douchebaggery, actually.

Bambi
11-04-2011, 12:33 PM
They like to make fun of us for having thought that we could have hired Harbaugh because some reporter broke a story. It's kind of like what happened to them with Painter, but KU fans have more class and don't rub it in nonstop.

oh what Jeff Chadiha said yesterday about Harbaugh was going to take the job?

Is Chadiha a KU guy? I thought he was just a senior write at ESPN.

weird

Mr. Plow
11-04-2011, 12:34 PM

Hey, the Big 10 called....they want MU to join the conference....they really really do.

Pants
11-04-2011, 12:34 PM
oh what Jeff Chadiha said yesterday about Harbaugh was going to take the job?

Is Chadiha a KU guy? I thought he was just a senior write at ESPN.

weird

No, it was before Gill got hired.

Bambi
11-04-2011, 12:35 PM

how so?

An MU fan was rubbing it in that KU tickets were on Groupon.

What does that have to do with KU posters being "douches"?

Bowser
really?

An MU fan posted KU's ticket deal on Groupon.

What does that have to do with KU caring about Missouri?

Please clarify, I'd really like to know.

Shut up, dummy. I was talking to Ed.

But just so you don't further drip vaginal blood all over the thread, it's like this - rival fans have said throughout that MU doesn't matter, fuck 'em, let 'em leave, etc. etc., yet keep on with the "have they left yet" posts. If Mizzou doesn't matter, than why care if they're gone or not, correct?

And the groupon thing is a whole other animal that deserves to be razzed with not relating to MU staying or going.

HemiEd

This re-alignment thing is one of the most interesting things to happen to College athletics since I found the internet.

Mizzou is obviously a key piece to the puzzle, especially on this board. So yeah, they are relevant here.

Once they are gone, we can move on to more poop threads. :D

Mr. Plow
11-04-2011, 12:36 PM
This re-alignment thing is one of the most interesting things to happen to College athletics since I found the internet.

Mizzou is obviously a key piece to the puzzle, especially on this board. So yeah, they are relevant here.

THIS IS THE MU REALIGNMENT THREAD GOD DAMNIT!

Pants
11-04-2011, 12:36 PM

But just so you don't further drip vaginal blood all over the thread, it's like this - rival fans have said throughout that MU doesn't matter, **** 'em, let 'em leave, etc. etc., yet keep on with the "have they left yet" posts. If Mizzou doesn't matter, than why care if they're gone or not, correct?

And the groupon thing is a whole other animal that deserves to be razzed with not relating to MU staying or going.

Has Ed ever said that MU doesn't matter? Because on one hand, you're ascribing a quality to the fanbase judging by a statement made by one fan, and on the other hand you're claiming to have been talking to one specific fan. It's kind of confusing, man.

Bambi
11-04-2011, 12:38 PM

But just so you don't further drip vaginal blood all over the thread, it's like this - rival fans have said throughout that MU doesn't matter, **** 'em, let 'em leave, etc. etc., yet keep on with the "have they left yet" posts. If Mizzou doesn't matter, than why care if they're gone or not, correct?

oh ok, thanks for clarifying.

Bambi
11-04-2011, 12:39 PM

Has Mizzou gone? Are they going to have SEC level ticket sales now?

Bowser
11-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Has Ed ever said that MU doesn't matter?

If not, it's been implied by him by piggy backing on the general sentiment towards Mizzou by rival fans throughout this thread. Even you have to agree on that point, no?

Bowser
11-04-2011, 12:41 PM
It's kind of confusing, man.

Just put that KU education to work and try to keep up. Oh hell yes I did.

Bowser
oh ok, thanks for clarifying.

Anytime. Just remember to pick up your crayons when you're done coloring.

Frazod
I think your fellow MU fans are the ones commencing with douchebaggery, actually.

Yeah, right. Like the 1,000th instance of HAS MU LEFT YET????? was an honest inquiry.

Because I'm sure nobody would start a new thread about it or anything..... :whackit:

Bowser
11-04-2011, 12:42 PM

Agreed, on all levels. Speaking of poop, be back in five.....

Pants
11-04-2011, 12:42 PM
If not, it's been implied by him by piggy backing on the general sentiment towards Mizzou by rival fans throughout this thread. Even you have to agree on that point, no?

I think, much like me, Ed has been pretty objective and pragmatic about the whole thing. I've said I don't care if MU leaves in the sense that it's not going to make me mad or sad or happy if they do. I am, however, interested in how all of this plays out.

Frazod
11-04-2011, 12:43 PM

Been too busy basking in this whole World Series thing to really get too bummed out about it, frankly. But thanks for asking.

Mr. Plow
11-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey, the Big 10 called....they want MU to join the conference....they really really do.

No, seriously....they do. For realz this time.

Pants
11-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah, right. Like the 1,000th instance of HAS MU LEFT YET????? was an honest inquiry.

Because I'm sure nobody would start a new thread about it or anything..... :whackit:

I think it was. The first sign of douchebaggery I see is actually from you when you taunt the KSU fans about the inevitability of them losing to OSU.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-04-2011, 12:46 PM

IT'S THE BIG TWAYLVE!!1! /Dan Hawkins
Posted via Mobile Device

HemiEd
11-04-2011, 12:47 PM

That is one of the humerous parts, Saul Good scolding people for talking about anything but Mizzou!

ROFL When in fact, College BB is affected by this, at KU and K-State as well, and that is pretty important to some of us.

The thread header does not say "Mizzou's future in College Football thread."

Mr. Plow
11-04-2011, 12:49 PM
That is one of the humerous parts, Saul Good scolding people for talking about anything but Mizzou!

ROFL When in fact, College BB is affected by this, at KU and K-State as well, and that is pretty important to some of us.

So help me God, if I see you talking about anything but MU or if I see you talking about a secondary sport, all hell is gonna break loose.

HemiEd
11-04-2011, 12:50 PM

I have never said they don't matter. But I have said, I do want them gone, the sooner the better.

It is kind of like walking around with a black eye, everyone keeps asking you about it and your tired of it.

Bambi
11-04-2011, 12:51 PM

Should be retitled the....

***How Much Harder The Big 12 Got Now That MU and AtM Are Gone***

thread

Frazod
11-04-2011, 12:53 PM

thread

That's pretty funny coming from a guy whose team couldn't even beat their cheerleaders.

Mr. Plow
11-04-2011, 12:54 PM
That's pretty funny coming from a guy whose team couldn't even beat their cheerleaders.

Dude, we beat them in OT.

Bowser
11-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I have never said they don't matter. But I have said, I do want them gone, the sooner the better.

It is kind of like walking around with a black eye, everyone keeps asking you about it and your tired of it.

No lie. It's well beyond the shit or get off the pot moment.

Bambi

That's true. Kansas Cheerleading took 5th at Nationals this year, they are pretty good.

DeezNutz

thread

Hey! I'm going to say bullshit, salacious things and see if people respond! Yeah!

I, on the other hand, am not hoping that Gill is kept for another year, thus ensuring that you'll be the pinata for every other team in Div I (or lesser).

Bambi
11-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Hey! I'm going to say bullshit, salacious things and see if people respond! Yeah!

I, on the other hand, am not hoping that Gill is kept for another year, thus ensuring that you'll be the pinata for every other team in Div I (or lesser).

huh? We were making up funny titles for the thread name.

Why are you MU guys so angry all the time?

Reerun_KC
11-04-2011, 12:59 PM

Not a big fan of beating women... Acutally kind of agianst it to be honest..

Is this something your school actively trys to promote? Abuse agaisnt women?

Mr. Plow
11-04-2011, 01:01 PM
What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothing....she's already been told twice.

DeezNutz
11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
huh? We were making up funny titles for the thread name.

Why are you MU guys so angry all the time?

Because we still smell of Big XII. :evil:

Pants
11-04-2011, 01:03 PM
What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothing....she's already been told twice.

What do you call a woman with one black eye?

A good listener.

DJ's left nut
11-04-2011, 01:06 PM

So you're not among the group of genius Beakers that believe Perkins' insistence that Harbaugh not coach Stanford's 2009 Bowl game is the sole reason that Harbaugh isn't coaching in Lawrence this very day, eh?

Well I'm glad to see you have at least a couple firing synapses, then.

LOOK! HE HAS A KANSAS HOODIE!!

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9774/jimandsarah.jpg

Frazod
11-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Dude, we beat them in OT.

Must have missed it. Gill's crowning achievement! LMAO

Frazod
11-04-2011, 01:07 PM
So you're not among the group of genius Beakers that believe Perkins' insistence that Harbaugh not coach Stanford's 2009 Bowl game is the sole reason that Harbaugh isn't coaching in Lawrence this very day, eh?

I'll take "Lost a Bet" for $1,000, Alex.

DeezNutz
11-04-2011, 01:07 PM

Not a bad looking fridge. Fraz would love to blast it, I'm sure.

Mr. Plow
11-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Must have missed it. Gill's crowning achievement! LMAO

The party afterward was epic. Of course it was over by 9pm.

Bambi
11-04-2011, 01:11 PM

That was Jeff Chadiha. I wasn't aware he was a "beaker".

I don't know anything about Harbaugh's agreements with Perkins. Nor do I really care. It's in the past and he's doing just fine in SF now.

Rausch
11-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Not a bad looking fridge. Fraz would love to blast it, I'm sure.

I'd blast her "fridge."

|Zach|
11-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Wickedson reset himself from full retard to passive aggressive.

Saul Good
11-05-2011, 12:52 PM
West Virginia is looking good.

dirk digler
11-05-2011, 01:00 PM
I haven't really paid attention to this thread or topic in awhile what is the status of MU going to the SEC? Are they waiting for the WVU situation to be resolved?

Saul Good
11-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I haven't really paid attention to this thread or topic in awhile what is the status of MU going to the SEC? Are they waiting for the WVU situation to be resolved?

The "if" is settled. It's the "when" that is still up in the air. The Big XII doesn't care about us, but they won't let us leave without paying a ton. Basically, the question becomes how much is it worth to Mizzou to get the fuck out of the diseased conference.

dirk digler
11-05-2011, 01:16 PM
The "if" is settled. It's the "when" that is still up in the air. The Big XII doesn't care about us, but they won't let us leave without paying a ton. Basically, the question becomes how much is it worth to Mizzou to get the fuck out of the diseased conference.

I realize that but I was thinking if WVU comes next year they would let MU leave cheap.

Saul Good
11-05-2011, 01:17 PM
I realize that but I was thinking if WVU comes next year they would let MU leave cheap.

That seems to be the rub at the moment.

Saul Good
11-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Mizzou won't be able to compete in the SEC East because Vanderbilt can't play with Florida.

KChiefs1
11-05-2011, 01:57 PM
West Virginia lost at home to Louisville!

Oklahoma was right!

dirk digler
11-05-2011, 02:12 PM
I guess the Big 12 picked the wrong team :D

KcMizzou
11-05-2011, 04:16 PM
TUSCALOOSA, Ala.—Missouri will be officially announced as the SEC’s 14th team early next week, a high-placed SEC source told Sporting News on Saturday afternoon.

When asked Saturday about a pending Missouri announcement, SEC commissioner Mike Slive declined comment.
Gary Pinkel and Missouri are expected to join the SEC next season. (AP Photo)

The school is expected to join next year after negotiating its buyout from Big 12.

Missouri chancellor Brady Deaton canceled a business trip to India scheduled to run through the second week of this month. A high-placed SEC source also said Missouri would be placed in the East Division to avoid any potential scheduling conflicts with longstanding conference rivalries.

There are numerous reasons the SEC and Missouri held off on announcing the news sooner, including Missouri’s negotiations with the Big 12 on exit fees. Another reason the SEC held off: Administrators wanted the league’s marquee game—Saturday’s LSU at Alabama, No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup—to be the focus of the news cycle over the last two weeks.

Missouri, like Texas A&M, will be a complete conference member from the day it is officially announced and will share equally in the league’s revenue.

Slive did say the SEC will “look into” restructuring contracts with television partners CBS and ESPN. Industry sources say the SEC is looking into creating a separate network for the league’s nonconference games. The thinking is that the league’s 14 teams would bundle low-tier nonconference games into a separate network.

In other words, there would be 14 more games of inventory for the SEC to sell and for television networks to advertise. Those games likely would be lower-tier games, such as Alabama’s game against Georgia Southern on Nov. 19.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-11-05/sec-source-missouri-to-be-announced-as-leagues-14th-team-early-next-week#ixzz1csbWDSKG

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-11-05/sec-source-missouri-to-be-announced-as-leagues-14th-team-early-next-week

Saul Good
11-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Nice if true. I'll start holding my breath now.

|Zach|
11-05-2011, 09:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7197599/missouri-move-sec-planned-week-source-says

Missouri's move to the Southeasten Conference was finished Friday, a source confirmed to ESPN.com on Saturday.

The Tigers' move from the Big 12 to the SEC is expected to be announced next week. The source said the SEC and Missouri opted to put off the announcement because they didn't want to upstage the LSU-Alabama football game Saturday night.

The Sporting News first reported the deal's completion Saturday.

Missouri is expected to join the SEC East in football with Florida, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee, the source said. Fellow Big 12 member Texas A&M will be in the West with Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss and Mississippi State.

SEC men's basketball went to one division this season but it's unclear if that will continue with 14 teams.

Missouri's move to the SEC in 2012 could mirror West Virginia's to the Big 12 in 2012 in its uncertainty. A source said Missouri could have trouble getting out of the Big 12 because the league isn't sure if it can get the Mountaineers in from the Big East next season.

West Virginia filed a lawsuit to get out of the 27-month exit agreement with the Big East. The league has countered with a suit of its own. If West Virginia can't get out of the Big East then the Big 12 will try to keep Missouri for 2012 to avoid dropping below 10 schools.

The Big 12 needs 10 schools to meet television agreements, but more importantly, to fill scheduling dates. The Big 12 already replaced Texas A&M with TCU for 2012. The Horned Frogs went from the Mountain West to the Big 12, bypassing their original plan to go to the Big East.

Missouri's departure to the SEC will follow the league's expansion plan of adding schools in new markets and states (Missouri/St. Louis, Texas/Houston). It also bumps up the SEC's number of Association of American Universities from two to four with the additions of Texas A&M and Missouri. Vandy and Florida were the only two AAU members in the SEC.

Andy Katz is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Follow Andy Katz on Twitter: @ESPNAndyKatz

Bambi
11-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Wickedson reset himself from full retard to passive aggressive.

You're still trying this?

lol, nice game today.

You and AtM are having fantastic send offs if I don't say.

Bambi
11-05-2011, 09:12 PM
West Virginia lost at home to Louisville!

Oklahoma was right!

Been pulling for Louisville for weeks now.

Hopefully they'll get in once the league goes back to 12.

baitism
11-06-2011, 08:49 AM
You're still trying this?

lol, nice game today.

You and AtM are having fantastic send offs if I don't say.

Don't worry. I am sure Mizzou will give Kansas an epic send off at Arrowhead. Also, the Big 12 will never go back to 12 as long as Texas runs the show.

DeezNutz
11-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Scroll on ESPN says that Missouri is unanimously accepted into SEC and to begin in July 2012.

Al Bundy
11-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Mizzou is going to give KU the beating of a lifetime at the end of the rivalry which KU is backing out of.

Frazod
11-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Wonderful. And now, for my final post on this fucking abortion of a thread:

SAYONARA, SUCKERS 4321

Bambi
11-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Mizzou is going to give KU the beating of a lifetime at the end of the rivalry which KU is backing out of.

History will be the judge of who is "backing out".

LiveSteam
11-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Can you back out? & please dont make a, IM LEAVING FOREVER THREAD

kepp
11-06-2011, 11:41 AM

That's true...ku usually "backs in."

mnchiefsguy
11-06-2011, 01:34 PM

Look jackass, it is this simple...Mizzou is willing to play KU. Mizzou not even asking for a home and home...hell, according you, KC is KU's second home, so technically Mizzou is offering to play KU on the road every year. But KU is being a whiny little bitch and wants to take its ball and go home. History will show that KU upped and ran. No amount of spin you can do changes that fact.

Saul Good
11-06-2011, 01:39 PM
History isn't going to give a shit. Mizzou will be playing massive games in the SEC, and KU will losing to West Virginia and Louisville, and Tulane or whoever the fuck else joins the conference.

notorious
11-06-2011, 01:42 PM

LMAO

evenfall
11-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Look jackass, it is this simple...Mizzou is willing to play KU. Mizzou not even asking for a home and home...hell, according you, KC is KU's second home, so technically Mizzou is offering to play KU on the road every year. But KU is being a whiny little bitch and wants to take its ball and go home. History will show that KU upped and ran. No amount of spin you can do changes that fact.

they will still play. their decrepit football program desperately needs the money. Self's butthurt is what it is, but the university brass are not going to turn down millions just because his ego got a bit ruffled. they will convince him to see it their way. it will just become in basketball once a year, like the illinois series was

Mr. Plow
11-06-2011, 01:49 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0080/3130/whambulance2_crop_340x234.jpg

Saul Good
11-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Now that the Mizzou situation appears to be settled, where does the KU to the PAC situation stand?

Mr. Plow
11-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Now that the Mizzou situation appears to be settled, where does the KU to the PAC situation stand?

It's coming up after the MU to the Big 10 situation is resolved. They want you....they really really do.

Saul Good
11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
It's coming up after the MU to the Big 10 situation is resolved. They want you....they really really do.

No thanks. Junior memberships are for the Corndogs.

mnchiefsguy
11-06-2011, 01:57 PM
they will still play. their decrepit football program desperately needs the money. Self's butthurt is what it is, but the university brass are not going to turn down millions just because his ego got a bit ruffled. they will convince him to see it their way. it will just become in basketball once a year, like the illinois series was

If Mizzou really wanted to stick to them, require them to do both football and basketball.....then Self has no outs and has to play.

I see the football game staying, KU needs the cash, but I do think Self will try his hardest to not play Mizzou in bball.

Mosbonian
11-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Anyone seen Wickedson today?

Mr. Plow
11-06-2011, 01:59 PM
No thanks. Junior memberships are for the Corndogs.

Your right. They took a junior membership, MU took to throwing itself at the Big 10 not once, not twice, but at least 3 times and getting rejected each time.

Seriously, congrats on the SEC and the full membership. I'm sure it's going to work out great for MU.

Mr. Plow
11-06-2011, 02:00 PM
If Mizzou really wanted to stick to them, require them to do both football and basketball.....then Self has no outs and has to play.

I see the football game staying, KU needs the cash, but I do think Self will try his hardest to not play Mizzou in bball.

It's possible. I don't see it happening, but it's possible.

evenfall
11-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah but the fat girl with pimples didn't get asked to dance by the homecoming king.

http://i54.tinypic.com/er02sw.jpg

Saul Good
11-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Your right. They took a junior membership, MU took to throwing itself at the Big 10 not once, not twice, but at least 3 times and getting rejected each time.

Seriously, congrats on the SEC and the full membership. I'm sure it's going to work out great for MU.

Supposedly the B1G offered Mizzou an even shittier version of a junior membership than Nebraska got. That was when the Texas and Oklahoma teams were going to the PAC. It was a shitty offer, but it would have been better than nothing if the conference fell apart and the SEC offer didn't materialize.

Fortunately, Mizzou wound up in the best conference in the country. We'll see where Kansas winds up once Texas and ESPN pull the plug on LHN. That's really the biggest wildcard on the horizon.

mnchiefsguy
11-06-2011, 02:06 PM
It's possible. I don't see it happening, but it's possible.

Lots of schools have football only or bball only contracts for non-con.

I think they will work out a deal and do both, and Self can take the high road and say he did it "for the fans of KU"... no one loses face, and the fans still get to see the game, both schools profit, everyone wins.

duncan_idaho
11-06-2011, 02:07 PM

Laughable.

The only time you could say Missouri "threw itself" at the Big Ten was in the first round of this last year (and that's a stretch based on comments made by Missouri's governor, not anyone who actually who works for the university).

evenfall
11-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Laughable.

The only time you could say Missouri "threw itself" at the Big Ten was in the first round of this last year (and that's a stretch based on comments made by Missouri's governor, not anyone who actually who works for the university).

Why is shopping your school to a better conference supposedly embarrassing? If you live in the ghetto and are seen house-shopping in the suburbs, is that embarrassing? No. Heck, Missouri even ended up in a better neighborhood than the one they started looking at. It probably had more to do with the B10's courting of Notre Dame than anything else, and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Saul Good
11-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Why is shopping your school to a better conference supposedly embarrassing? If you live in the ghetto and are seen house-shopping in the suburbs, is that embarrassing? No. Heck, Missouri even ended up in a better neighborhood than the one they started looking at. It probably had more to do with the B10's courting of Notre Dame than anything else, and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

And all of our old neighbors from the hood are bagging on us for not keepin' it real.

Bambi
11-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Anyone seen Wickedson today?

good game yesterday.

:thumb:

I've had a nice peaceful weekend. Thanks for inquiring.

ROFL

Bambi
11-06-2011, 06:38 PM

I hope you guys get to experience a BCS game one day. It's really awesome.

HolyHandgernade
11-06-2011, 07:00 PM

With about as good of chances as as Missouri's prospects of competing in the SEC. But, hey, at least your stable now.

mnchiefsguy
11-06-2011, 07:11 PM
With about as good of chances as as Missouri's prospects of competing in the SEC. But, hey, at least your stable now.

I think Mizzou will be just fine in SEC East, especially if we get a qb next year.

Saul Good
11-06-2011, 07:14 PM

Good to see you haven't lost your ability to pound out an incoherent rant.

Saul Good
11-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I think Mizzou will be just fine in SEC East, especially if we get a qb next year.

Franklin will be the QB for the next 2 years, and he's going to be a stud.

KcMizzou
11-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Franklin will be the QB for the next 2 years, and he's going to be a stud.Agreed.

mnchiefsguy
11-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Franklin will be the QB for the next 2 years, and he's going to be a stud.

I hope you are right. Can't recall the names, but there were a couple of qb prospects floated out there for Mizzou. But if Franklin can step up his game to the next level, that would be awesome too.

Saul Good
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
I hope you are right. Can't recall the names, but there were a couple of qb prospects floated out there for Mizzou. But if Franklin can step up his game to the next level, that would be awesome too.

Berkstresser and Mauk are both excellent QBs. Mauk will be a Freshman next year, Franklin's Junior season, and he'll likely redshirt. He and Berkstresser will compete after Franklin leaves. That would be Mauk's Sophomore season and Berkstresser's Junior year.

mnchiefsguy
11-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Berkstresser and Mauk are both excellent QBs. Mauk will be a Freshman next year, Franklin's Junior season, and he'll likely redshirt. He and Berkstresser will compete after Franklin leaves. That would be Mauk's Sophomore season and Berkstresser's Junior year.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Here's hoping that Franklin makes a big step up this year and next.

kepp
11-07-2011, 09:05 AM

I'm rooting for Berkstresser because he's a Missouri kid, but you can't help being floored by Mauk's high school stats. If we stick with the pure spread in the SEC, he's likely the better candidate. I suppose it depends on how he transitions to college.

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 09:51 AM
West Virginia lost at home to Louisville and is now 4-4 in the Big Least.

Oh and their basketball team just lost at home to Northern Kentucky.

UPGRADE!!!

Saulbadguy
11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
West Virginia lost at home to Louisville and is now 4-4 in the Big Least.

Oh and their basketball team just lost at home to Northern Kentucky.

UPGRADE!!!

Well, if we get Louisville that sort of cancels each other out.

evenfall
11-07-2011, 10:35 AM
And all of our old neighbors from the hood are bagging on us for not keepin' it real.

Exactly

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Fascinating stuff from the Tulsa World - OU's emails during the conference realignment saga.

Shows how Beebe and Boren and many Big 12 admins were emailing each other links to media pieces based on speculation...such as Beebe emailing a report from OrangeBloods.com about OU leaving the Big 12 to David Boren asking him to call him about it...just amazing stuff. Boren even emailed Pete Thamel at the NYTImes once to dispute Thamel's view of OU's academics. Goes to show how much these guys had no idea what was going on and was relying on media speculation to get info...the same info we were all using.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/items/OU_emails.pdf

HemiEd
11-07-2011, 04:31 PM

:LOL:ROFL

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

mnchiefsguy
11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Fascinating stuff from the Tulsa World - OU's emails during the conference realignment saga.

Shows how Beebe and Boren and many Big 12 admins were emailing each other links to media pieces based on speculation...such as Beebe emailing a report from OrangeBloods.com about OU leaving the Big 12 to David Boren asking him to call him about it...just amazing stuff. Boren even emailed Pete Thamel at the NYTImes once to dispute Thamel's view of OU's academics. Goes to show how much these guys had no idea what was going on and was relying on media speculation to get info...the same info we were all using.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/items/OU_emails.pdf

Fascinating stuff. Shows how out of touch some of these AD's and university presidents are. Did not read them all, just skimmed them, but it does provide an interesting picture.

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2011, 05:57 PM
To: Boren, David L.
Subject: Leaving the Big 12

Date: Monday, September 05, 2011 8:13:30 AM

David,

I hate the University of Oklahoma. Really, I do! I'm a University of Missouri fan, however the thought of the Big 12 disbanding is something I hate even worse. You control this. Your the most powerful man in College Athletics right now. If you decide to take the University of Oklahoma to the Pac-12, it will leave Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, and MU out in the cold. Now, I'm a business man, I understand business. You could care less what happens to these other colleges. Hell I would care less too if I was the President of the University of Oklahoma, but would moving to the Pac 12 be a great move for OU? Yeah money money money, a new start, but also more competition longer flights and
less chance of making the BCS. Why don't you let this Big 12 (with 10 teams) play out a few years. GET DAN BEEBE FIRED. Try to recruit Notre Dame Football, BYU, and Arkansas. I personally don't think the SEC wants to expand, maybe they could just switch out A&M for Arkansas (far fetched but still a maybe).

Again, I HATE OU. That won't change if OU heads west in the GOLD Rush of the Pac-12 or stays in the Big 12. Obama got elected on his promise of "CHANGE". America voted and made a change. What has that "Change" done for us this great country? He promised America the grass was greener on the other side and we found out its just as brown as it was before. I emailed Mike Alden before he hired Frank Haith, you can email him ask. I told him my opinion. After he hired Frank Haith, I sent him another email about how much of a mistake he made. I said the hiring of Haith will be Quinn Synder all over again, and sure enough scandal has engulfed him before he has even coached a game. Maybe it was luck, maybe it wasn't. My gut says OU will regret making the move to the Pac 12. Guess we will see if I keep batting a thousand.

Good Luck,

Aaron Brandt

If change is must, fire Dan Beebe and see what happens.

Saul Good
11-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Who is Aaron Brandt, and why do we care about this letter?

RustShack
11-29-2011, 03:49 PM
So Louisville coaches have been telling recruits they will be in the Big12?

|Zach|
11-29-2011, 03:55 PM
To: Boren, David L.
Subject: Leaving the Big 12

You were a lot more fun when you were making predictions. Why did you stop? Who is it that wrote this letter?

RustShack
11-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Big 12 administrators are expected to talk about future expansion during the trip to NYC for Hall of Fame dinner next week.

Bambi
11-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Probably going to be Louisville and Houston.

RustShack
11-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Lets shock the nation and pull in LSU.

Bambi
11-29-2011, 08:55 PM

KK said get Arizona State.

He also said Arizona St. is where all the big coaches would want to go cause they are an easy school to win the NC at.

:hmmm:

|Zach|
11-29-2011, 09:28 PM

Is this your new "Iowa St is going to be good this year."

RustShack
11-29-2011, 09:31 PM

No, but Iowa State is good this year.. unless you think Mizzou sucks, because they are the worst team ISU has lost to. And they are lucky they played ISU when they did instead of now that they are starting to click. They were also a better team last year than they were the year before when they won their Bowl game.

|Zach|
11-29-2011, 09:36 PM
No, but Iowa State is good this year.. unless you think Mizzou sucks, because they are the worst team ISU has lost to. And they are lucky they played ISU when they did instead of now that they are starting to click. They were also a better team last year than they were the year before when they won their Bowl game.

52-17

KcMizzou
11-29-2011, 09:38 PM
No, but Iowa State is good this year.. unless you think Mizzou sucks, because they are the worst team ISU has lost to. And they are lucky they played ISU when they did instead of now that they are starting to click. They were also a better team last year than they were the year before when they won their Bowl game.Missouri beat your team 52-17.

Fifty two, to seventeen.

|Zach|
11-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Missouri beat your team 52-17.

Fifty two, to seventeen.
I guess they didn't get RustShack's annual proclamation.

http://media.columbiamissourian.com/multimedia/2011/10/15/media/101511_postgame_gallery_02_t_w600_h600.jpg

RustShack
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Missouri beat your team 52-17.

Fifty two, to seventeen.

Thats the only game all year that ISU played that poorly in. They beat themselves. They've played much better against much better teams. If Barnett was our QB instead of three and out Jantz it wouldn't have been like that at all. Jantz was great, until he got hurt. Then the offense just couldn't move because his mobility was a big part of his success.

|Zach|
11-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Thats the only game all year that ISU played that poorly in. They beat themselves. They've played much better against much better teams. If Barnett was our QB instead of three and out Jantz it wouldn't have been like that at all. Jantz was great, until he got hurt. Then the offense just couldn't move because his mobility was a big part of his success.

lol

RustShack
11-29-2011, 09:44 PM
How mad are you guys going to be when ISU gets picked over Mizzou(again) for a better bowl game?

KcMizzou
11-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Thats the only game all year that ISU played that poorly in. They beat themselves. They've played much better against much better teams. If Barnett was our QB instead of three and out Jantz it wouldn't have been like that at all. Jantz was great, until he got hurt. Then the offense just couldn't move because his mobility was a big part of his success.Ahhh... understood.

|Zach|
11-29-2011, 09:45 PM
How mad are you guys going to be when ISU gets picked over Mizzou(again) for a better bowl game?

Not very. We know the Big 12 will bone Missouri. No biggie. There is a reason we are leaving the toxic conference.

Mizzou's new down year is an 8 win season. :thumb:

Saul Good
11-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Mad enough to move to the SEC.

KcMizzou
11-29-2011, 09:48 PM
It's tough to beat yourself by 35 points.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oeafSiyJ_1A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RustShack
11-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Nah I understand that thats probably the only ISU game you guys watched this year, so its a little harder for you to grasp thats not how they normally play.

Their other losses they would look like the more dominate team up until either fumbling, throwing an INT, or committing a stupid penalty in a key situation. But thats too be expected from a young team I guess. Good thing most of them are returning next year :)

RustShack
11-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Nah I understand that thats probably the only ISU game you guys watched this year, so its a little harder for you to grasp thats not how they normally play.

Their other losses they would look like the more dominate team up until either fumbling, throwing an INT, or committing a stupid penalty in a key situation. But thats too be expected from a young team I guess. Good thing most of them are returning next year :)

Saul Good
11-29-2011, 09:53 PM
It's tough to beat yourself by 35 points.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oeafSiyJ_1A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I haven't seen anyone beat themselves that bad since INXS broke up.

|Zach|
11-29-2011, 09:57 PM

Oh. NEXT year they are gonna be good. How exciting. Sucks we won't be around for the automatic win though.

KcMizzou
11-29-2011, 09:57 PM
I haven't seen anyone beat themselves that bad since INXS broke up.LMAO

Hilarious.

RustShack
11-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I understand that you can't be good if you don't beat Missouri. Sound logic.

Mr. Plow
11-29-2011, 10:38 PM

LMAO

Saul Good
11-30-2011, 12:20 AM
My prediction for 2012 is that Rustshack will predict that Iowa State will be a force in 2012.

ChiefsCountry
11-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Funny thing is if Louisville and Cincinnati were added, Iowa State would still be #5 in the North.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
11-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Anyone want to get paid to go to the Big 10 Championship game?

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2011/11/30/2600347/someone-is-paying-people-to-fill-seats-at-a-large-athletic-event-in

SOMEONE IS PAYING PEOPLE TO FILL SEATS AT A LARGE ATHLETIC EVENT IN INDIANA

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/profile_images/178557/IMG_0172_tiny.JPG by Spencer Hall (http://www.sbnation.com/users/Spencer%20Hall)

So this Craigslist ad appears on Indianapolis' Craigslist site. It looks like this.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/808619/Screen_shot_2011-11-30_at_11.53.39_AM_medium.png (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/808619/Screen_shot_2011-11-30_at_11.53.39_AM.png)

To save your eyes: it's a blanket ad requesting seat fillers (http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/evg/2727703432.html). While not mentioned by name, the B1G Championship is the only event in Indianapolis on Saturday night involving a Lucas Oil Field and fans showing up in green and red clothing. The pay: $75 for the event. (The link is still live, but in case it's yanked, hello screenshot.)

Being intrepid, curious, and fond of small cons, we got our hands on one of the email responses to an operative. (We also sent our own, but as of this post's writing we have not received a response. B1G speed, baby!) The response regurgitates a lot of what is in the ad, but includes this establishing that this is indeed for the B1G Championship. Our client has asked for discretion about this opportunity, as "seat-filling" is behind-the-scenes aspect of this event production.

On the day of the event event, we will designate a parking garage and validate your parking. Seat fillers will be assigned seats inside or near the event close to the event start time. We expect fillers will need to be checked in around 6:30pm on Saturday. The event itself begins shortly after 8pm, and we expect it to conclude close to midnight. You will receive payment at the end of the evening upon turning in the paperwork given to you at the beginning of the evening.
The letter is signed at the end from "ICC"

Unless you believe there is a completely parallel event involving the stadium, There is literally a nanosecond of detective work involved in figuring out that ICC stands for "Indianapolis Convention Center," the facility attached to Lucas Oil Stadium. The Big Ten's not lying when it says it's not paying for seat-fillers, but the tempting bit of verbiage there is "our client." That client could be a number of parties: the City of Indianapolis, FOX Sports, or the B1G, who wouldn't be lying when they said they weren't paying people, but who could in theory be paying the ICC to pay people to attend the game. (Then again, knowing what we know, so could we. EDSBS TROLLING THE B1G FROM THE INSIDE IT'S SO HAPPENING.)

kchero
11-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Anyone want to get paid to go to the Big 10 Championship game?

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2011/11/30/2600347/someone-is-paying-people-to-fill-seats-at-a-large-athletic-event-in

SOMEONE IS PAYING PEOPLE TO FILL SEATS AT A LARGE ATHLETIC EVENT IN INDIANA

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/profile_images/178557/IMG_0172_tiny.JPG by Spencer Hall (http://www.sbnation.com/users/Spencer%20Hall)

So this Craigslist ad appears on Indianapolis' Craigslist site. It looks like this.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/808619/Screen_shot_2011-11-30_at_11.53.39_AM_medium.png (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/808619/Screen_shot_2011-11-30_at_11.53.39_AM.png)

To save your eyes: it's a blanket ad requesting seat fillers (http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/evg/2727703432.html). While not mentioned by name, the B1G Championship is the only event in Indianapolis on Saturday night involving a Lucas Oil Field and fans showing up in green and red clothing. The pay: $75 for the event. (The link is still live, but in case it's yanked, hello screenshot.)

Being intrepid, curious, and fond of small cons, we got our hands on one of the email responses to an operative. (We also sent our own, but as of this post's writing we have not received a response. B1G speed, baby!) The response regurgitates a lot of what is in the ad, but includes this establishing that this is indeed for the B1G Championship. Our client has asked for discretion about this opportunity, as "seat-filling" is behind-the-scenes aspect of this event production.

On the day of the event event, we will designate a parking garage and validate your parking. Seat fillers will be assigned seats inside or near the event close to the event start time. We expect fillers will need to be checked in around 6:30pm on Saturday. The event itself begins shortly after 8pm, and we expect it to conclude close to midnight. You will receive payment at the end of the evening upon turning in the paperwork given to you at the beginning of the evening.
The letter is signed at the end from "ICC"

Unless you believe there is a completely parallel event involving the stadium, There is literally a nanosecond of detective work involved in figuring out that ICC stands for "Indianapolis Convention Center," the facility attached to Lucas Oil Stadium. The Big Ten's not lying when it says it's not paying for seat-fillers, but the tempting bit of verbiage there is "our client." That client could be a number of parties: the City of Indianapolis, FOX Sports, or the B1G, who wouldn't be lying when they said they weren't paying people, but who could in theory be paying the ICC to pay people to attend the game. (Then again, knowing what we know, so could we. EDSBS TROLLING THE B1G FROM THE INSIDE IT'S SO HAPPENING.)

Maybe KU should have used this tactic since giving tix away for free and Groupon didn't work?... :D

Buck
12-02-2011, 09:16 PM
New Big East

Big East Eastern Division:
UConn
Rutgers
Cincinatti
South Florida
Central Florida
Navy

Big East Western Division:
Boise State
Houston
SMU
Air Force
SDSU
Louisville

That's assuming Louisville stays put.

I hate this, as an SDSU fan.

Buck
12-02-2011, 09:28 PM
They need to rename that conference if it ends up like that.

Yeah, like the Coast to Coast Conference.

Saul Good
12-02-2011, 09:36 PM

You could have the "West of the Rockies" division and the "East of the Rockies" division. \wonders if anyone will get the reference

evenfall
12-02-2011, 09:39 PM
You could have the "West of the Rockies" division and the "East of the Rockies" division. \wonders if anyone will get the reference

is there a wild card division?

Dr. Gigglepants
12-02-2011, 09:46 PM

The shadow people get it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pitt Gorilla
12-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Mizzou represented at the SEC Championship game:

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portals/3/images/Resized/Travel/Newcomers.jpg

Saul Good
12-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Instead of the Stagg-Paterno trophy or Stanley Cup, the winners of each division will play for the Art Bell.

Al Bundy
12-02-2011, 09:54 PM

You and I are going to become rivals.

evenfall
12-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Instead of the Stagg-Paterno trophy or Stanley Cup, the winners of each division will play for the Art Bell.

They can play the title game in Manilla

Saul Good
12-02-2011, 10:01 PM
They can play the title game in Manilla

That might be the shortest travel distance for SDSU.

patteeu
12-02-2011, 10:29 PM

Do the new teams get to play in the first time caller division their first year?

|Zach|
12-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Do the new teams get to play in the first time caller division their first year?

LMAO

Infidel Goat
12-03-2011, 07:18 AM
New Big East

That's assuming Louisville stays put.

And UConn and Rutgets--both likely schools for the ACC if Notre Dame says no.

eazyb81
12-03-2011, 10:30 AM
TTRaider makes a reappearance on Tigerboard. For those that don't remember, he was one of the first to even mention that Mizzou would be going to the SEC.

Just a heads up....

Mondo tells me that Deloss Dodds has been chatting with the Pac 12 about a UT move in 2013. Pac 12 will cover exit fees and work with espn. Details coming soon. I just thought you might want to appreciate even more, if that's possible, your move to the SEC.

Chip, total DB moron, tool of Dodds, etc., will start blabbing of this in Februray or March, provided things have advanced.

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=9182410