PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

KC native
09-20-2011, 11:01 PM
ROFL @ anyone that thinks TCU would ever have a chance in hell to make it into the Big 12. Not ever going to happen. The Big 12 doesn't want TCU nor would TCU want to be in the Big 12. UT's influence is enough for our AD to say fuck that.

Dante84
09-20-2011, 11:03 PM
UT doesn't want any additional Texas schools, so I've heard from some people in the UT Ath.Dept.

Garcia Bronco
Yeah. If the Big XII can show some sign they are committed to one another, schools would jump in a heartbeat from the Big East. UConn and Rutgers are "committed" until ACC calls. TCU was discussing going back to the MWC. Basketball schools don't really have a say. Big XII has to try and get its house in order first, though.

UCONN is still trying to get in the ACC and has said so. Their President was not at the meeting.

HolyHandgernade
BYU poised to join B12 if stability if assured.

http://byu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1268216

Makes the most sense.

ChiefsCountry
Well it looks like BYU is close to joining

Crap Zach beat me to it.

|Zach|
09-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Well it looks like BYU is close to joining

Crap Zach beat me to it.

I have my own realignment war room going.

I am half expecting to get a front office job in a shitty conference out of this.

Dante84
There we go.

Add BYU, we are at 10. Fires out. House is in order.

Add 2 quality, balanced programs in the next two weeks. Now we are in business, and not going anywhere for a while.

Then add an additional 5, and we are the first to 16, and everyone else can eat a dick.

LiveSteam
On behalf of Husker nation & the Big10. I would like to be the first to say
Congrats to the Big12-2-1+1 on keeping it together. Way ta stay ahead of the game.

Unsmooth-Moment
09-20-2011, 11:06 PM
BYU would be a good get

Dante84
09-20-2011, 11:09 PM
BYU is in... so who's the next two? We'd still need 1 north, and 1 south.

North (#11): My money is on Louisville. Or Cinci, maybe.

South (#12): USF? SMU is a no, because UT wont allow another Texas school.

BWillie
09-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Welcome BYU, WV, Louisville?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2011, 11:12 PM
You're guys are being so dramatic.

A commish is powerless in an unbalanced conference.

You do have voting members in the conference. Obviously the biggest economic draw is Texas, and they can obviously threaten to leave at any point, but that doesn't mean that Bebee has to kowtow to them, either.

|Zach|
09-20-2011, 11:23 PM
@PeteThamelNYT
Pete Thamel
My final thought for the night is that I'll be STUNNED, after talking to 3 people today, if Mizzou ends up in SEC.

Mosbonian
09-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Frazod...I know you are in here. I want you to do me a favor.

Next time I look like I am happy that maybe MU might do something smart and get into a real conference, pretend I am your old refrigerator and put me out of my misery.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2011, 11:29 PM
@PeteThamelNYT
Pete Thamel
My final thought for the night is that I'll be STUNNED, after talking to 3 people today, if Mizzou ends up in SEC.

Positives from this:

-At least MU will keep the Texas pipeline open
-Texas might actually cost itself power by overplaying its hand and leaving itself no other option but the ind. route
-Adding a team like USF could open another pipeline for Mizzou
-Should the conference return to a two division format, Mizzou probably plays in the title game nearly every year, provided OU stays south.

LiveSteam
09-20-2011, 11:31 PM
DAM! Its just like the day the Japs surrendered in here

http://images.newstatesman.com/blogs/Aug2010/vj-3.jpg

http://blog.magnolias.mrgmemphis.com/files/2011/06/fireworks.jpg

Frazod
09-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Frazod...I know you are in here. I want you to do me a favor.

Next time I look like I am happy that maybe MU might do something smart and get into a real conference, pretend I am your old refrigerator and put me out of my misery.

LMAO

You should have known better.....

alnorth
09-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Here's a thought. If the PAC 12 would have made up their damned minds a week ago and a consensus was reached that the Big 12 would not collapse... Would Syracuse have decided to leave if conference apocalypse was no longer upon them? does the ACC still go after Syracuse and Pitt?

They are now in an awkward situation where they grabbed two schools who they may not now need, and it is awkward to schedule for 14.

|Zach|
09-20-2011, 11:34 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/300892_169234259825164_100002157726786_357609_1781525724_n.jpg

DJ's left nut
09-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Positives from this:

-Texas might actually cost itself power by overplaying its hand and leaving itself no other option but the ind. route
-Should the conference return to a two division format, Mizzou probably plays in the title game nearly every year, provided OU stays south.

This is the only thing that's keeping me from weeping.

But you know they'll just move OU and OSU to the North and add a couple more South schools - right?

Such is the way of it for Mizzou.

|Zach|
09-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Here's a thought. If the PAC 12 would have made up their damned minds a week ago and a consensus was reached that the Big 12 would not collapse... Would Syracuse have decided to leave if conference apocalypse was no longer upon them? does the ACC still go after Syracuse and Pitt?

They are now in an awkward situation where they grabbed two schools who they may not now need, and it is awkward to schedule for 14.

Or why couldn't A&M have walked their baby nuts around the block 9 months ago.

HolyHandgernade
09-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Big XII REBRANDED: The Lazarus Conference

Our motto is Samuel L. Jackson near the end of "Long Kiss Goodnight" yelling:

"You can't kill me M#^@f^#ers!"

I think we should stand at 10 for a bit with BYU. Otherwise, we're just diluting the 2nd tier contract. If they want to go to 12, my votes are for Louisville and South Florida.

Mosbonian
09-20-2011, 11:43 PM
LMAO

You should have known better.....

I'm just Charlie Brown and MU is my Lucy.

beer bacon
09-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Positives from this:

All Texas is going to do is get rid of Beebe and cut OU in on some of the LHN revenue. The rest of the conference isn't invited to OU's and UT's discussions on the future of our conference.

BryanBusby
09-21-2011, 12:41 AM
All Texas is going to do is get rid of Beebe and cut OU in on some of the LHN revenue. The rest of the conference isn't invited to OU's and UT's discussions on the future of our conference.

Pretty much this, except Beebe will somehow manage to keep his job.

I'm just so excited to stay in the "Dan HOOK Beebe EM is HORNS #1! HOOK EM HORNS" conference.

kstater
09-21-2011, 04:26 AM
Morning fellas. How we doing today?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA8bs5ZOQC_blvo56nO-pSccYnBBrtk3W_e3Ggu5TcYicfepYSaA

DeezNutz
09-21-2011, 06:11 AM

Exactly. Give 'em a cut and agree to televise Oklahoma high school football games.

Visual representation of MU, KU, and KSU (note how the latter two are tied together):

http://mountaininterval.org/photos/images/2011-06-A/0075_isla_mujeres_whale_shark.jpg

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 06:23 AM
There we go.

Add BYU, we are at 10. Fires out. House is in order.

Add 2 quality, balanced programs in the next two weeks. Now we are in business, and not going anywhere for a while.

Then add an additional 5, and we are the first to 16, and everyone else can eat a dick.

LMAO Like the other conferences would care if the Big XII goes to 16 teams. They'd still be weaker in football than the SEC, weaker in basketball than the ACC, and get less viewership and $$ than the Big X.

Positives from this:

Why the hell would USF join the Big XII? Unless the Big East implodes, they're staying. Although it makes zero geographic sense, you'd have a better shot at trying to pick up UCF.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 06:41 AM
I don't know why the Big 12 is getting picked apart. We are(were) a stronger conference than the ACC, Big East, etc... Why aren't those getting blown up?

Obviously the ego of UT has been a turn off. It is in the best interest for UT to concede an inch and retain power in the Big 12, than to concede a mile to join another conference and be an equal player in another conference.

All OU is asking for is that High School games/highlights not be shown on LHN. All the remaining teams want is a more equal slice of the pie.

If UT can concede an inch, which they eventually will, IMO, since its the best option for them at this point, then everyone in the Big 12 should breathe a sigh of relief....

And then go ****ing rape some other conference/s out of 3-7 teams.

Exactly.

UT will always have more than everyone else. It's like the Yankees. Sure it sucks but that's life.

The Big 12 is too good of an athletic conference to not stay together. I've been saying this for a year now but I admit all the speculation has been fun.

Now it's over.

The 2nd best football conf. The 3rd best bball conf.....(maybe the best when you combine the two) Not to mention track, baseball, etc... Why let these inferior groups try and pick you apart? It doesn't make sense.

The funniest thing about all this is that the conference looking to break apart is the Big East. The Basketball conference where the big move made so far has been by Syracuse and Pitt (basketball schools)...Pitt is kinda both I suppose.

Now it's the Big East FOOTBALL schools that are scrambling to find a home (USF, Cincy).

How ironic. ;)

HolyHandgernade
09-21-2011, 06:55 AM
LMAO Like the other conferences would care if the Big XII goes to 16 teams. They'd still be weaker in football than the SEC, weaker in basketball than the ACC, and get less viewership and $$ than the Big X.

Why the f*ck would we care what other conferences care about? If we get paid comparably and can compete comparably and get to maintain sensible geographic proximity, why do we care who's winning a mythical conference popularity contest. By the way, the latest ESPN conference power poll says the Big XII is #1 this week. I could care less is the conference is #1 or not. All I care about is if the are an AQ conference and if they have a big time national prominence. The rest of that stuff is beyond our control. Sports conferences don't dictate the population and migration patterns of people. The midwest is one of the least populous areas of the country. Proportionately, the Big XII probably out performs those very conferences.

Why the hell would USF join the Big XII? Unless the Big East implodes, they're staying. Although it makes zero geographic sense, you'd have a better shot at trying to pick up UCF.

Here's why (and I'm not even saying they'll get an invite), the Big East chose not to renegotiate last year when it had Syracuse and Pitt, thinking they would have something better to sell this coming year. The Big XII already has its huge 2nd tier deal with the prospects of its 1st tier on the way as long as they can show some stability until that time. That's a ton more money that USF is going to make than in the Big East. Who they gonna add? East Carolina?

Personally, I hope we stop at 10 and then look at 12 a couple, three years down the line. Then yes, if we offer Louisville and South Florida, they will come.

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 06:57 AM
The 2nd best football conf. The 3rd best bball conf.....(maybe the best when you combine the two) Not to mention track, baseball, etc... Why let these inferior groups try and pick you apart? It doesn't make sense.

I admire your homerism, but what makes the Big XII the 3rd best basketball conference?

In the last 20 years teams that are in the Big XII have:
1 NCAA Tournament Championship
3 NCAA Tournament Finals appearances
9 NCAA Tournament Final Four appearances

By comparison, in the same time frame SEC teams have:
5 NCAA Tournament Championships
8 NCAA Tournament Finals appearances
13 NCAA Tournament Final Four apperances

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2011, 07:03 AM
You supposedly have to have 12 teams to have a championship game.

HolyHandgernade
09-21-2011, 07:08 AM
I admire your homerism, but what makes the Big XII the 3rd best basketball conference?

If we took out Kansas and Texas for the Big XII and Kentucky and Florida for the SEC, what do those numbers look like?

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 07:15 AM
You supposedly have to have 12 teams to have a championship game.

Correct, but 10 teams doesn't revoke a BCS bid. However, like the Big X and Pac-10 in previous years, the lack of a Conference Championship game can hurt your BCS NC game hopes.

RustShack
09-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Big 12 is done. I am a clone too, but you are a fukn idiot. Quit posting. You embarass cyclone nation.

That's too bad. Maybe you should stop posting since you're wrong again?

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 07:17 AM
If we took out Kansas and Texas for the Big XII and Kentucky and Florida for the SEC, what do those numbers look like?

Big XII
0 NC's
0 Finals
3 Final Fours

SEC
1 NC
2 Finals
4 Final Fours

alnorth
09-21-2011, 08:04 AM

Pretty much. If I were nit-picky I'd note that the 20 year time frame is convenient since the Texas schools have only recently cared about, and tried to improve on their basketball. I'd wonder what the last 10 years looks like.

Anyway, over the long haul the SEC has done very well. However, if the SEC doesn't pick up their game soon they will have trouble repeating their success. SEC was #6 in conference RPI last year with 2 top-10's, 3 tourney-level teams, and a whole bunch of garbage (including the entire west division)

Bambi
09-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Pretty much. If I were nit-picky I'd note that the 20 year time frame is convenient since the Texas schools have only recently cared about, and tried to improve on their basketball. I'd wonder what the last 10 years looks like.

Anyway, over the long haul the SEC has done very well. However, if the SEC doesn't pick up their game soon they will have trouble repeating their success. SEC was #6 in conference RPI last year with 2 top-10's, 3 tourney-level teams, and a whole bunch of garbage (including the entire west division)

Little cherry picking.

Make it 25 years and there's another NC (Kansas of course) and a couple more final fours.

But yes, the Big 12 has had some very underwhelming performances in recent years.

Frazod
09-21-2011, 08:11 AM
I still hope Alden & Company grow some stones and press ahead with the move, but sadly I don't see it happening. I wonder if they'll dust off their pathetic conference unity statement from last summer and just change a couple of words?

Oh well.

:shake:

epitome1170
09-21-2011, 08:28 AM
I still hope Alden & Company grow some stones and press ahead with the move, but sadly I don't see it happening. I wonder if they'll dust off their pathetic conference unity statement from last summer and just change a couple of words?

Oh well.

Is there even any real hope for this though? It sounds like the B12 is staying put with now OU and UT having firm control. I can't imagine MU leaving with the sterotypical midwest loyalty to fault that they exhibit.

Also, the SEC continues to deny that they have offered MU a spot so MU doesnt have a home if they do leave unless they pull an aTm.

eazyb81
09-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Is there even any real hope for this though? It sounds like the B12 is staying put with now OU and UT having firm control. I can't imagine MU leaving with the sterotypical midwest loyalty to fault that they exhibit.

Also, the SEC continues to deny that they have offered MU a spot so MU doesnt have a home if they do leave unless they pull an aTm.

SEC also denied they wanted to expand at all, and then denied they wanted A&M. I wouldn't take anything literally at this point.

Still, I fully expect Mizzou to stay in the Big 12 at this point. For some insane reason, Brady Deaton truly believes the Big 12 Zombie Conference is preferable to the SEC.

epitome1170
09-21-2011, 08:38 AM
SEC also denied they wanted to expand at all, and then denied they wanted A&M. I wouldn't take anything literally at this point.

Still, I fully expect Mizzou to stay in the Big 12 at this point. For some insane reason, Brady Deaton truly believes the Big 12 Zombie Conference is preferable to the SEC.

That is the only reason I have ANY hope that MU goes to the SEC, but I give it a 5% chance.

Infidel Goat
09-21-2011, 08:54 AM

It allows the ACC to renegotiate their TV contract to the tune of an additional $3 million or so per school per year. So, yes, I think they would have done it anyway.

I think the ACC holds at 14 until they know what Notre Dame is doing. Rutgers and UConn would jump to get into the conference, but I sense that the ACC is willing to wait until they know they can't get the bigger fish...

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Little cherry picking.

Make it 25 years and there's another NC (Kansas of course) and a couple more final fours.

But yes, the Big 12 has had some very underwhelming performances in recent years.

25 years it looks like:

Big XII
2 NCAA Tournament Championship
5 NCAA Tournament Finals appearances
12 NCAA Tournament Final Four appearances

SEC
15 NCAA Tournament Final Four apperances

Reerun_KC
09-21-2011, 09:39 AM
25 years it looks like:

Big XII
2 NCAA Tournament Championship
5 NCAA Tournament Finals appearances
12 NCAA Tournament Final Four appearances

SEC
15 NCAA Tournament Final Four apperances

Would be nice if someone would step up and help KU from time to time... LOL

Mosbonian
09-21-2011, 10:07 AM

Oh well.

You should read the story over on Yahoo pretty much kissing UT's a$$ for "staying".

And they throw a dig at MU.

I see we pretty much have decided being the "playtoys" for UT and OU makes us feel better about ourselves.

Nutless wonders....I knew the Academic crowd there in Columbia would wuss out.

Mosbonian
09-21-2011, 10:10 AM
And yes, I am fully ready for any MU loyalist to scream at me how this works so much better for us staying in the U R (my) B**** 12.

vailpass
09-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Pac12 called for breathing room. There will still be realignment but at a more measured and sane pace.
In the meantime UT & OU will be running a train on the B12. I like how P12 told OU/UT to back the hell off; that is not something the good people in Austin, TX are accustomed to hearing.

patteeu
09-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Pac12 called for breathing room. There will still be realignment but at a more measured and sane pace.
In the meantime UT & OU will be running a train on the B12. I like how P12 told OU/UT to back the hell off; that is not something the good people in Austin, TX are accustomed to hearing.

I don't think it's safe to take any of the public statements at face value. It appears to me that Pac12 was interested in taking Texas and OU and something one or both of them demanded (probably UT) was too much for them to accept. So it could be just as true that Texas told them to back the hell off as it seems to be that the Pac12 did. If the Pac12 didn't want something here, they would have never entertained the idea of taking OU/TX in the first place.

Pitt Gorilla
09-21-2011, 10:36 AM
I don't think it's safe to take any of the public statements at face value. It appears to me that Pac12 was interested in taking Texas and OU and something one or both of them demanded (probably UT) was too much for them to accept. So it could be just as true that Texas told them to back the hell off as it seems to be that the Pac12 did. If the Pac12 didn't want something here, they would have never entertained the idea of taking OU/TX in the first place.The Pac12 did NOT want OSU and TTech. Similarly, the SEC doesn't want to be responsible for "blowing up" the Big 12 (or whatever the hell it is). Whether or not that would happen by simply taking MU, the SEC isn't going to do it. I think MU is stuck in the Big 12 and it doesn't have that much to do with those in charge at MU (this time).

vailpass
09-21-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't think it's safe to take any of the public statements at face value. It appears to me that Pac12 was interested in taking Texas and OU and something one or both of them demanded (probably UT) was too much for them to accept. So it could be just as true that Texas told them to back the hell off as it seems to be that the Pac12 did. If the Pac12 didn't want something here, they would have never entertained the idea of taking OU/TX in the first place.

Agreed, we are almost assuredly not getting the whole story. Out here in Pac12 land they are presenting it as though P12 shut off the faucet for now since they are the pretty girl with her choice of which jocks to date or spurn.

patteeu
09-21-2011, 10:38 AM
The Pac12 did NOT want OSU and TTech. Similarly, the SEC doesn't want to be responsible for "blowing up" the Big 12 (or whatever the hell it is). Whether or not that would happen by simply taking MU, the SEC isn't going to do it. I think MU is stuck in the Big 12 and it doesn't have that much to do with those in charge at MU (this time).

Yeah, I understand that. They probably didn't want UT's Longhorn Network either. What I'm saying is that you can't really say that the Pac12 rejected UT and OU without at the same time acknowledging that UT and OU rejected the Pac12 because it seems pretty likely that OU and UT were making demands that the Pac12 just wouldn't accept.

patteeu
09-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Agreed, we are almost assuredly not getting the whole story. Out here in Pac12 land they are presenting it as though P12 shut off the faucet for now since they are the pretty girl with her choice of which jocks to date or spurn.

Understandable.

kstater
09-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Probably been mentioned, but if you're not following @DanBeebe, you're missing out on some high quality entertainment.

Mosbonian
09-21-2011, 10:51 AM
The Pac12 did NOT want OSU and TTech. Similarly, the SEC doesn't want to be responsible for "blowing up" the Big 12 (or whatever the hell it is). Whether or not that would happen by simply taking MU, the SEC isn't going to do it. I think MU is stuck in the Big 12 and it doesn't have that much to do with those in charge at MU (this time).

I think the SEC has concerns about MU since Baylor filed its lawsuit over A&M, but I still see this as a dead conference, or at the minimum nothing more than being puppets for Texas and Oklahoma.

And I guess I am different here...I think Brady Deaton is to blame. He's the person tasked with leading "saving" the Big 12 and about all he has done is the same thing Beebe has done....let OU and UT take control.

vailpass
09-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Understandable.

Typical geographical bias. I LMFAO at the P12. Candy-asses all of them.

|Zach|
09-21-2011, 11:02 AM
I think the SEC has concerns about MU since Baylor filed its lawsuit over A&M, but I still see this as a dead conference, or at the minimum nothing more than being puppets for Texas and Oklahoma.

And I guess I am different here...I think Brady Deaton is to blame. He's the person tasked with leading "saving" the Big 12 and about all he has done is the same thing Beebe has done....let OU and UT take control.

So, we are mat Deaton for not saving the conference and when the conference seemingly gets saved we are mad at him for not taking Missouri to the SEC without knowing if they have an invite.

RustShack
09-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Would be nice if someone would step up and help KU from time to time... LOL

Good thing Fred is turning ISU into a basketball powerhouse.

eazyb81
09-21-2011, 11:35 AM

Which obviously doesn't make any sense, since they took shitty Utah and Colorado last year.

eazyb81
09-21-2011, 11:36 AM
From Mike Kelly's interview earlier today on the Barnhart & Durham Show (790 The Zone)

"After tomorrows meeting Deaton may no longer be in position to make the decisions for Mizzou and conference affiliation".

Are the Curators getting antsy?

Pants
09-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Highly placed Big 12 sources told the Tulsa World that there is a consensus among Big 12 leaders to ask commissioner Dan Beebe for his resignation. Those sources confirmed that former Big Eight commissioner Chuck Neinas has been targeted to serve as the interim commissioner until Beebe’s replacement is identified.
http://eye-on-collegefootball...._fb_na_txt_0001 (http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/32155168?ttag=gen10_on_all_fb_na_txt_0001)

Frazod
09-21-2011, 12:14 PM
From Mike Kelly's interview earlier today on the Barnhart & Durham Show (790 The Zone)

"After tomorrows meeting Deaton may no longer be in position to make the decisions for Mizzou and conference affiliation".

Are the Curators getting antsy?

It's about time some fucking heads rolled.

jAZ
09-21-2011, 12:23 PM
From my source...

"It was a done deal until things got messy and difficult.* Even Scott, the biggest proponent of the superconferences did not think he could make this work seemlessly.* I just spoke to a well placed Pac Ten official who told me that the expanded league would have been as messy as the Big 12 has been with big egos and the desire for special status.* The presidents who were on board as of last week were turned off by having to compromise to add schools they wanted (OU and UT) and were not thrilled with having to take OSU and TTech.* So instead of humiliating anybody with a rejection, they just decided to stand pat until this thing blows up again in a couple of years.* The Big 12 survives again. For now while the Pac 12 will flourish as 12."

jAZ
09-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I understand that. They probably didn't want UT's Longhorn Network either. What I'm saying is that you can't really say that the Pac12 rejected UT and OU without at the same time acknowledging that UT and OU rejected the Pac12 because it seems pretty likely that OU and UT were making demands that the Pac12 just wouldn't accept.

From what I have posted and read from "my source" (heh)... Pac-12 feels like they have the cards. They are VERY satisfied with where they are today. They felt like UT and OU (even with TT and OSU) would improve things, but not overwhelmingly. They had a plan to let UT save face by "keeping" their network (in name only, basically) but allowing all teams to have equal money ultimately (because the Pac-12 media deal is better than what the Big-12 overall can get... and all teams in the Pac-12/6 are and would make more money than UT would in the Big-12).

But Pac-12 wanted UT, OU, KU and MU ideally. And the politics and demands of UT were becoming complicated. So the Pac-12 cut off further discuss.

They *were* interested. But on their terms.

You are right that UT felt like they wanted to get certain things and they weren't happy without those things. So in that sense UT was still holding out. But as I understand it, it's the Pac12 that walked away. Not UT.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2011, 12:32 PM
The Pac-12 can take OU, OSU, KU and either MU or KSU and I would be thrilled...

Bambi
09-21-2011, 12:38 PM
From what I have posted and read from "my source" (heh)... Pac-12 feels like they have the cards. They are VERY satisfied with where they are today. They felt like UT and OU (even with TT and OSU) would improve things, but not overwhelmingly. They had a plan to let UT save face by "keeping" their network (in name only, basically) but allowing all teams to have equal money ultimately (because the Pac-12 media deal is better than what the Big-12 overall can get... and all teams in the Pac-12/6 are and would make more money than UT would in the Big-12).

But Pac-12 wanted UT, OU, KU and MU ideally. And the politics and demands of UT were becoming complicated. So the Pac-12 cut off further discuss.

You are right that UT felt like they wanted to get certain things and they weren't happy without those things. So in that sense UT was still holding out. But as I understand it, it's the Pac12 that walked away. Not UT.

I don't care about all this "interest". We are the Big12. We run things over you (PAC 12) not the other way around.

This is how I've perceived the silence from KSU and KU especially.

BGL and Zenger have actually played this masterfully. Not spouting off like OU. Not "leaking info like MU. Very well done.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 12:39 PM
The Pac-12 can take OU, OSU, KU and either MU or KSU and I would be thrilled...

Why does everyone keep bowing down to the PAC12? Who the fuck cares??

The Big 12 is and will always be here.

I'm not staying up til 3am watching basketball.

Everyone know this. Fuck em

Reerun_KC
09-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Why does everyone keep bowing down to the PAC12? Who the **** cares??

Everyone know this. **** em

Settle down big boy...

Nobody is bowing down to anybody... We are just talking about better options than the cesspool Big 12...

Like most fans here, everyone is sick of the Big 12, sick of Texas and basically as a KU fan, I hope those little fuckers get into a BCS home..

kstater
09-21-2011, 12:46 PM
I

BGL and Zenger have actually played this masterfully. Not spouting off like OU. Not "leaking info like MU. Very well done.
Yeah thats why they were silent. Had nothing to do with not having anywhere else to go.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Settle down big boy...

Nobody is bowing down to anybody... We are just talking about better options than the cesspool Big 12...

Like most fans here, everyone is sick of the Big 12, sick of Texas and basically as a KU fan, I hope those little ****ers get into a BCS home..

Yea but no matter where you go KU, KSU and MU will always feel like second class when it comes to money, facilities, attention, etc etc.

Going to the PAC10 is not a good option for KU. Never has been.

Going anywhere except this conference isn't good for KU.

The best bet for the 3 schools locally is to go all in for the Big 12.

The geography of playing opponents being the most important factor.

Let UT spend spend spend...beat them on the field. That's what is great about sports.

That's what Nebraska couldn't do.

cookster50
09-21-2011, 12:50 PM

Well shoot, Wickedson won't stay up til 3am to watch basketball. There goes that conference alignment dream. All AD's consider what Wickedson would do, you know, WWWD?

Bambi
09-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah thats why they were silent. Had nothing to do with not having anywhere else to go.

Maybe...maybe not.

But as an alum I want my President and AD discussing these matters behind closed doors. Not getting played in the media like some of the other schools.

Saul Good
09-21-2011, 12:59 PM

You've no doubt noticed that I've been very tight-lipped regarding who I'm inviting to be my sex slave, Megan Fox or Mila Kunis.

Titty Meat
09-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Why does everyone keep bowing down to the PAC12? Who the **** cares??

This is about as accurate as your Jordan Webb prediction.

SPchief
09-21-2011, 01:04 PM
I think wickedson is getting ready to go full retard on us

Pants
09-21-2011, 01:06 PM

You don't think that [a stable] B12 is the best option for the 3 local schools?

Old Dog
09-21-2011, 01:07 PM

getting ready to? That ship sailed a long time ago.

DeezNutz
09-21-2011, 01:08 PM
You don't think that [a stable] B12 is the best option for the 3 local schools?

No.

If the rumor about the SEC was true for Missouri, that's the best option.

Titty Meat
09-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Yea but no matter where you go KU, KSU and MU will always feel like second class when it comes to money, facilities, attention, etc etc.

Going to the PAC10 is not a good option for KU. Never has been.

Going anywhere except this conference isn't good for KU.

The best bet for the 3 schools locally is to go all in for the Big 12.

The geography of playing opponents being the most important factor.

Let UT spend spend spend...beat them on the field. That's what is great about sports.

That's what Nebraska couldn't do.

Has KU ever beaten Texas in football?

Mr. Laz
09-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Kansas Regents Push Up Big 12 Talks

UPDATED: 1:29 pm CDT September 21, 2011

TOPEKA, Kan. -- The Kansas Board of Regents on Wednesday moved up the time of a scheduled executive session to discuss the future of the Big 12 Conference, and how any changes would affect Kansas and Kansas State.

Regents Chairman Ed McKechnie said the board would meet Wednesday afternoon instead of Thursday because of the pace of discussions taking place throughout the conference at various levels.

"Our priority is to have Kansas and Kansas State be together in the Big 12," McKechnie said. "It appears that we are making great progress toward that.

"I think the Big 12 is the best place for KU and K-State to be, and I hope that we are on the cusp of that happening."

Officials at Kansas and Kansas State declined to comment and deferred all questions to the nine-member Board of Regents. The executive session will be part of the board's scheduled monthly meeting in Topeka.

Regents have been watching closely as rumors about the conference dissolving have swirled, hinging on the possible departure of Oklahoma and Texas.

The Pac-12 presidents and chancellors decided Tuesday night not to expand, quashing speculation that Oklahoma and Texas would be joining former Big 12 member Colorado, which joined the Pac-12 this season.

Texas officials said Wednesday that they were open to restructuring revenue contracts shared with the remaining Big 12 members. Texas President William Powers said the top priority was to bring stability to the conference.

McKechnie said a stable Big 12 would be in the best interest for Kansas and Kansas State, but declined to say how that could be accomplished.

"I think we have a lot of smart people to figure that out," he said. "This is all about TV sets. We're a small state, that's the problem."

McKechnie said a reconstituted Big 12 was the best arrangement for the Jayhawks and Wildcats, whether it adds more members or not.

"What is the right number? We have an awful lot of people who make an awful lot of money and the need to tell us that,"

McKechnie said he hoped Texas A&M could remain part of the conference and not move to the Southeastern Conference next July as has been announced.

"If everything gets fixed, I would love for A&M to stay," he said. "But we need to be the Big 12 in more than name only. Our name ought to reflect who we are."

Mosbonian
09-21-2011, 01:15 PM
So, we are mat Deaton for not saving the conference and when the conference seemingly gets saved we are mad at him for not taking Missouri to the SEC without knowing if they have an invite.

Think this one thru a little better Zach.....

Deaton isn't doing anything to save the Big 12. All he has done is sit on his hands and pray that the Pac-12 didn't take the big egos (UT & OU along with their tag-alongs) and make the rest of the conference at best, the MWC or MAC. Deaton is a former academic and knows little to nothing about how to look at athletics the way the rest of the players in this game do.

Do you really think this is the last we have heard about realignment? This is just a step back for OU and UT...and read all the articles that quote UT personnel. They might be willing to share more of the revenue, but don't kid yourself they stay in control.

Once...just once...I would like to see MU act like the Tiger their mascot is and not the domesticated feline that they appear to be. That might surprise the SEC into actually thinking we might be worth pursuing.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 01:17 PM
No.

You do realize that the closest school to Missouri in the SEC is Arkansas right?

Ames, Lawrence, Manhattan are all closer.

The Oklahoma schools are all roughly the same distance from Columbia as Fayetteville is.

Traveling matters.

The problems with the Big 12 have been completely blown out of proportion.

The league has a real chance right now to become any stronger. Dan Beebe has one more shot to make this all right.

Pants
09-21-2011, 01:18 PM
No.

How so? You keep your Texas pipeline, you keep your rise to power and a chance to actually win a Conference Championship. Your travel remains ideal and you keep your rivalries.

Is this about revenue sharing?

Bambi
09-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Kansas Regents Push Up Big 12 Talks

UPDATED: 1:29 pm CDT September 21, 2011

TOPEKA, Kan. -- The Kansas Board of Regents on Wednesday moved up the time of a scheduled executive session to discuss the future of the Big 12 Conference, and how any changes would affect Kansas and Kansas State.

Regents Chairman Ed McKechnie said the board would meet Wednesday afternoon instead of Thursday because of the pace of discussions taking place throughout the conference at various levels.

"Our priority is to have Kansas and Kansas State be together in the Big 12," McKechnie said. "It appears that we are making great progress toward that.

"I think the Big 12 is the best place for KU and K-State to be, and I hope that we are on the cusp of that happening."

Officials at Kansas and Kansas State declined to comment and deferred all questions to the nine-member Board of Regents. The executive session will be part of the board's scheduled monthly meeting in Topeka.

Regents have been watching closely as rumors about the conference dissolving have swirled, hinging on the possible departure of Oklahoma and Texas.

The Pac-12 presidents and chancellors decided Tuesday night not to expand, quashing speculation that Oklahoma and Texas would be joining former Big 12 member Colorado, which joined the Pac-12 this season.

Texas officials said Wednesday that they were open to restructuring revenue contracts shared with the remaining Big 12 members. Texas President William Powers said the top priority was to bring stability to the conference.

McKechnie said a stable Big 12 would be in the best interest for Kansas and Kansas State, but declined to say how that could be accomplished.

"I think we have a lot of smart people to figure that out," he said. "This is all about TV sets. We're a small state, that's the problem."

McKechnie said a reconstituted Big 12 was the best arrangement for the Jayhawks and Wildcats, whether it adds more members or not.

"What is the right number? We have an awful lot of people who make an awful lot of money and the need to tell us that,"

McKechnie said he hoped Texas A&M could remain part of the conference and not move to the Southeastern Conference next July as has been announced.

"If everything gets fixed, I would love for A&M to stay," he said. "But we need to be the Big 12 in more than name only. Our name ought to reflect who we are."

All in as they should be.

KU should be linked to KSU in an athletic conference.

This is sports. Kansas has been playing college sports for over 100 years. This is the right way.

Pants
You do realize that the closest school to Missouri in the SEC is Arkansas right?

The Oklahoma schools are all roughly the same distance from Columbia as Fayetteville is.

Traveling matters.

The league has a real chance right now to become any stronger. Dan Beebe has one more shot to make this all right.

Apparently Dan Beebee is retiring. Keep up. ;)

LiveSteam
:popcorn:

Bambi
09-21-2011, 01:20 PM
This is about as accurate as your Jordan Webb prediction.

What exactly did I predict?

I said "if he has another game"

He didn't

He is not a candidate.

next.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 01:21 PM

yes, multiple times

Mr. Laz
09-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Have you ever had sex ... you know ... with a girl ... a girl without a penis?

Mosbonian
09-21-2011, 01:24 PM

Traveling matters.

I swear....you have to be close to the worst in thinking things thru.

The UR (my) B**** 12 is in shambles....even if they (read OU and UT) keep it together long enough to find the best place for themselves. The PAC 12 decision was just the West Coast faction saying to UT, think about that LHN a little more and we can talk.

I wouldn't be surprised if the PAC 12 comes back after some secret talks with OU and says, you are welcome but your bigger, uglier stepsister has to stay home and clean out the castle.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2011, 01:25 PM

Almost, but a couple of little yellow flags prevented that...

LiveSteam
09-21-2011, 01:26 PM
I swear....you have to be close to the worst in thinking things thru.

The UR (my) B**** 12 is in shambles....even if they (read OU and UT) keep it together long enough to find the best place for themselves. The PAC 12 decision was just the West Coast faction saying to UT, think about that LHN a little more and we can talk.

I wouldn't be surprised if the PAC 12 comes back after some secret talks with OU and says, you are welcome but your bigger, uglier stepsister has to stay home and clean out the castle.

:popcorn: YUP

Bambi
09-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Texas all time vs Kansas: 6-2

Texas all time vs Nebraska: 10-4

KU doesn't run.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Almost, but a couple of little yellow flags prevented that...

Dollar Signs.

Frazod
09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Looks like the AIDS is flaring up again.....

LiveSteam
09-21-2011, 01:28 PM
KU doesn't run.

Only cause it has know where to run

Pants
09-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Texas all time vs Kansas: 6-2

KU doesn't run.

I don't think those numbers are right, Wicked.

We have not beaten Texas since the inception of the Big 12. So we are 0-8 right there.

Mosbonian
09-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Looks like the AIDS is flaring up again.....

I actually got an IM from someone accusing me of channeling you.

Titty Meat
09-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Have you ever had sex ... you know ... with a girl ... a girl without a penis?

I'm your wifes cocksmith.

Frazod
09-21-2011, 01:32 PM
I actually got an IM from someone accusing me of channeling you.

What the fuck did I do? LMAO

Bambi
09-21-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't think those numbers are right, Wicked.

We have not beaten Texas since the inception of the Big 12. So we are 0-8 right there.

Oh yur right. The numbers I looked at were from '08

Texas all time vs Kansas: 8-2

KU doesn't run.

DeezNutz
09-21-2011, 01:34 PM
How so? You keep your Texas pipeline, you keep your rise to power and a chance to actually win a Conference Championship. Your travel remains ideal and you keep your rivalries.

Is this about revenue sharing?

It's about stability at this point, and I have absolutely no confidence that we won't be revisiting this whole thing in the near future.

kstater
09-21-2011, 01:37 PM
So has anyone told jAZ that the info his source keeps giving him is readily available on most message boards across the country?

jAZ
09-21-2011, 01:47 PM
So has anyone told jAZ that the info his source keeps giving him is readily available on most message boards across the country?

You are welcome for getting in hours and days before those boards.

jAZ
09-21-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't care about all this "interest". We are the Big12. We run things over you (PAC 12) not the other way around.

ok, thanks.

Saulbadguy
09-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Agreed. What MU has done is embarrassing.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 02:24 PM
lol @ Jack Harry on 810 right now.

Titty Meat
09-21-2011, 02:25 PM
T-Shirt > DVD

http://images.teamfanshop.com/CompleteMailer/images/2011/EML11_PTR_HISTORYMADE_GTCH.jpg

Bambi
09-21-2011, 02:29 PM
T-Shirt > DVD

http://images.teamfanshop.com/CompleteMailer/images/2011/EML11_PTR_HISTORYMADE_GTCH.jpg

wow, Kansas being a target. What a revelation!

Frazod
09-21-2011, 02:31 PM
T-Shirt > DVD

Is that for real? Jesus, I guess they were a bit butthurt over KU beating them last year.

How fucking lame. LMAO

kstater
09-21-2011, 02:42 PM
In visual form, the amount KU's suckage really is amazing.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 02:58 PM
In visual form, the amount KU's suckage really is amazing.

I actually value your opinion on this one a lot.

Being that your school has vast experience in manufacturing these types of things.

patteeu
09-21-2011, 02:59 PM

It doesn't matter who walked out first. There's no more reason to believe that Texas was desperate to get into the Pac12 than there is to believe that the Pac12 was desperate to have them. They both saw the possibility of a benefit and pursued it for a while, but in the end, neither got what they wanted and the talks broke down. That's my point. Larry Scott's statement and your posts based on a Pac12 source are spun to cast the Pac12 in the best possible light. I'm sure DeLoss Dodds could tell the exact same story with a more favorable Texas flavor and both would be true. The Pac12 isn't crying because Texas left them at the altar but Texas isn't either.

kstater
09-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I actually value your opinion on this one a lot.

Being that your school has vast experience in manufacturing these types of things.

Avg Big 12 finish:

KSU - 5.8
KU - 9.06

Mosbonian
09-21-2011, 03:23 PM
It doesn't matter who walked out first. There's no more reason to believe that Texas was desperate to get into the Pac12 than there is to believe that the Pac12 was desperate to have them. They both saw the possibility of a benefit and pursued it for a while, but in the end, neither got what they wanted and the talks broke down. That's my point. Larry Scott's statement and your posts based on a Pac12 source are spun to cast the Pac12 in the best possible light. I'm sure DeLoss Dodds could tell the exact same story with a more favorable Texas flavor and both would be true. The Pac12 isn't crying because Texas left them at the altar but Texas isn't either.

But do you really think this is the end of their conversations?

Or at minimum, do you think they might just leave Texas out of the equation and go after OU and OSU?

I guess I am different than most...I truly think Texas' ego could eventually get them in trouble. They're not ND and I don't think they would be as successful as an Independent from a standpoint of viewership.

And who's to say anyone would oblige scheduling them if the superconference ideas form around them?

In the end I am hoping to see them get their "kick in the balls".

kstater
09-21-2011, 03:24 PM
If Pac wanted OU and OSU without UT, they'd have them by now.

Mosbonian
09-21-2011, 03:32 PM

Or maybe they thought they could get UT to give in on the LHN....

Now they could just say "no thanks" and pick up OU and OSU and tell the Texas' (UT and TT) to go play in the Big 8 (hey...they could get back to the roots of this league)**

** Intended sarcasm here**

Stewie
09-21-2011, 03:34 PM

What a bold statement! :rolleyes:

Bambi
09-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Avg Big 12 finish:

KSU - 5.8
KU - 9.06

yep, K State had a great decade.

The other 105 years? eh...

kstater
09-21-2011, 03:38 PM
What a bold statement! :rolleyes:

I didn't quote the post directly above me, that probably confuses you, but it was a response to the statement "do you think they might just leave Texas out of the equation and go after OU and OSU?"

jAZ
09-21-2011, 03:39 PM

That's all true. Texas being able to screw the rest of the Big 12 puts them in a satisfying position. Of course the Pac 12 overall is definitely in a better position financially than the rest of the Big 12. But Texas isn't like the rest of the Big 12, which has been the problem for the rest of the Big 12.

Damn socialists. :)

Stewie
09-21-2011, 03:42 PM
I didn't quote the post directly above me, that probably confuses you, but it was a response to the statement "do you think they might just leave Texas out of the equation and go after OU and OSU?"

Not confused at all. Thanks for the redundancy.

jAZ
09-21-2011, 03:44 PM
But do you really think this is the end of their conversations?

Or at minimum, do you think they might just leave Texas out of the equation and go after OU and OSU?

I guess I am different than most...I truly think Texas' ego could eventually get them in trouble. They're not ND and I don't think they would be as successful as an Independent from a standpoint of viewership.

And who's to say anyone would oblige scheduling them if the superconference ideas form around them?

In the end I am hoping to see them get their "kick in the balls".
The Pac-12 wants to leave TT, OSU, and K-State out of the equation. And bring in UT, OU, KU and MU. That's their plan. My guess is that two things screwed that up.

MU holding out for SEC/B1G and state level political pressure holding the 2nd schools to the primary schools.

Speculation here: Had Scott been able to get those 4 school alone... and not diluted the revenues with OSU, TT and K-State, I suspect it would have been more worth his while to stay at the table longer.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2011, 04:06 PM
so the Big-12 is staying together because Texas is such a bunch of assholes that other leagues have second thoughts about wanting them?

i sure as hell hope that KU is still looking for another league.

kstater
09-21-2011, 04:10 PM
so the Big-12 is staying together because Texas is such a bunch of assholes that other leagues have second thoughts about wanting them?

Big 10 will be calling any day.

CoMoChief
09-21-2011, 04:44 PM
THIS JUST CONFIRMED...MU TO THE BIG EAST!!!!

CoMoChief
09-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Big 10 will be calling any day.

Heh, well.....if Big10 called and offer KU a spot in their league, then well.....that'd be the funniest bitch slap to MU.

WilliamTheIrish
09-21-2011, 04:46 PM
The Pac-12 wants to leave TT, OSU, and K-State out of the equation. And bring in UT, OU, KU and MU. That's their plan. My guess is that two things screwed that up.

MU holding out for SEC/B1G and state level political pressure holding the 2nd schools to the primary schools.

Speculation here: Had Scott been able to get those 4 school alone... and not diluted the revenues with OSU, TT and K-State, I suspect it would have been more worth his while to stay at the table longer.

The anchor excuse is exquisite.

Dante84
09-21-2011, 05:18 PM
THIS JUST CONFIRMED...MU TO THE BIG EAST!!!!

......?

WilliamTheIrish
09-21-2011, 05:25 PM
If this happens then the conference will be able to poach a few weaker individual universities.

Among the changes: removing of Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe; adopting common rules for individual networks like the Longhorn Network; phasing in revenue sharing from primary television rights; and requiring a commitment of rights of more than five years from conference schools, which would commit all of their game revenues to the Big 12 during that time and make moving to another league difficult to impossible.

Read more: http://newsok.com/source-ou-preferred-reformed-big-12-all-along/article/3606281#ixzz1YccTCQNo

alnorth
09-21-2011, 05:26 PM
That's all true. Texas being able to screw the rest of the Big 12 puts them in a satisfying position. Of course the Pac 12 overall is definitely in a better position financially than the rest of the Big 12. But Texas isn't like the rest of the Big 12, which has been the problem for the rest of the Big 12.

Damn socialists. :)

If you are talking about the penny-ante 3rd tier money, Texas is "screwing over", by maybe a couple million each, 4 or 5 schools. Kansas has the 2nd-best tier 3 deal in the big 12, and one of the greatest in the country. Mizzou is 4th-best in the Big 12 and would break even if we all shared. If all schools shared tier 3, Kansas would lose money.

And in the end, if we share tier 1/2, then all schools are almost perfectly equal, with Texas and Kansas getting a few million more. Don't like it? Improve your value to advertisers, its almost equal now, and the difference is basically irrelevant.

WilliamTheIrish
09-21-2011, 05:27 PM

The PAC declared the honeymoon over when they felt UT was going to walk away. It was mutual/non mutual face saver.

alnorth
09-21-2011, 05:30 PM

I don't understand complaining about Tier 3 money, but especially from KU fans.

Kansas benefits from not sharing the piddly little T3 pool of money more than anyone not named Texas.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 05:33 PM

You'll never know what KU is doing or not doing.

It's great leadership. I feel 100% comfortable with BGL.

God knows where'd KU would be if Sweet Lew was still around.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't understand complaining about Tier 3 money, but especially from KU fans.

Kansas benefits from not sharing the piddly little T3 pool of money more than anyone not named Texas.

I don't get it either.

UT will always have so much more than everyone else. Switching conferences will just lead to another big fish (Ohio State, USC, etc etc...)

The best feeling in sport is building a program with less and winning on the field. Running away to another conference will never fix this feeling of inferiority masked as anger.

WilliamTheIrish
09-21-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't get it either.

UT will always have so much more than everyone else. Switching conferences will just lead to another big fish (Ohio State, USC, etc etc...)

The best feeling in sport is building a program with less and winning on the field. Running away to another conference will never fix this feeling of inferiority masked as anger.

This is true and it's why I make fun of the "We had options/The PAC plane is on the way!!!!111/ KSU is our anchor..IT'S NOT FAIR" crowd.

It's why NU left and it's why MU fans want out so badly. They'd be buried so deep in the SEC they'd never sniff another division title.

Beat them on the field and it's a non factor.

alnorth
09-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to pretend that everything is hunky dorey and we have nothing to worry about now without some changes.

Our problems stem from the LHN, but not because of the money. The fans are obsessing over the money, but that is not why schools are pissed. We have 2 problems. (well 3, including distrust that other schools are about to leave, but you can fix that by forcing them to sign away their T1/2 TV rights for several years so that it is basically impossible to leave)

1) If the LHN shows high school ball, even highlights, then Texas could exploit that for a recruiting advantage.

2) The LHN apparently intends to work out deals with Fox/ESPN to poach some of our T1/2 games. (Kansas is complicit in this, because we accepted a big bribe to let them show our KU/UT game on the LHN) If Texas wants to show non-conference games that are not picked up, fine, go nuts and feel free to keep what you make. If Texas wants to show a conference game, they should split all revenue from that game.

This is fixable. If Texas doesn't show high school and splits anything they get from conference games, we're cool. The 3rd tier money they get otherwise is not enough to bother with.

ChiefsCountry
09-21-2011, 05:48 PM
If I am Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas Tech etc I buy ads on the LHN.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to pretend that everything is hunky dorey and we have nothing to worry about now without some changes.

Our problems stem from the LHN, but not because of the money. The fans are obsessing over the money, but that is not why schools are pissed. We have 2 problems. (well 3, including distrust that other schools are about to leave, but you can fix that by forcing them to sign away their T1/2 TV rights for several years so that it is basically impossible to leave)

1) If the LHN shows high school ball, even highlights, then Texas could exploit that for a recruiting advantage.

2) The LHN apparently intends to work out deals with Fox/ESPN to poach some of our T1/2 games. (Kansas is complicit in this, because we accepted a big bribe to let them show our KU/UT game on the LHN) If Texas wants to show non-conference games that are not picked up, fine, go nuts and feel free to keep what you make. If Texas wants to show a conference game, they should split all revenue from that game.

This is fixable. If Texas doesn't show high school and splits anything they get from conference games, we're cool. The 3rd tier money they get otherwise is not enough to bother with.

The high school thing shouldn't happen and won't happen. Even if there are literally 18 people in this country that subscribe to the LHN. It was a dumb thing to try and pull and I don't think anyone's going to be worried about that going forward.

It is annoying that there is a possibility of conf games getting poached by the LHN. This year the KU got taken. If KU was better on the field then they wouldn't have agreed to it and it would have been put on ABC or FSN or whatever. I live in NYC which will NEVER have the LHN. So no matter where I go I won't be able to watch KU-UT this year. That sucks. But if KU doesn't have the pull on the field to say no then that's their own fault. I'm going to give them this year because it will be a good payout for them and most of the KU fans won't be screaming about not seeing it because the team will most likely not win.

alnorth
09-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Anyway, I said money is not really the issue, now that everyone has agreed to share Tier 1/2, so lets break it down. (I'll also assume we expand to 10)

We currently have a weird situation where our tier 2 contract is a lot bigger than our tier 1 contract, because we made our deal with Fox recently. That tells us that our tier 1 deal will probably be massive. (maybe we can renegotiate after dropping A&M and adding BYU?)

Tier 1 (ESPN): expires in 2016, $60MM/year, $6MM per school

Tier 2 (Fox): expires in 2025, $90MM/year, $9MM per school

Money each school gets from TV if they don't make a dime on Tier 3: $15MM/year

Tier 3 (owned by each school): 2009-2010 school year

Texas: ~$15MM/yr (not 09-10, based on future from LHN)
Kansas: ~$7.3MM
OSU: ~$6.4MM
MU: ~$4.1MM
KSU: ~$3.3MM
ISU: ~$2.6MM
OU:~$300k
TTech and BU: basically zero

average: ~$4.3MM

If everyone splits evenly, each school gets about ~$19.3MM

If no split, Mizzou gets about ~$19.1MM. Baylor gets ~$15MM

alnorth
09-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Conference Leaderboard

PAC 12: $250MM/year, locked in through 2024
Big 10: $212MM/year, T1 (100/yr) done in 2016, T2 basically locked in forever (2030's through BTN)
SEC: $205MM/year, locked in through 2024, which is probably why they'd like to expand to give them an excuse to renegotiate
ACC: $155MM/year, locked in through 2023, but maybe they can now renegotiate?
Big 12: $150MM/year, details above
Big East: $42.3MM/year, T1 expires next year, T2 expires in 2013, if the conference makes it that far

Saul Good
09-21-2011, 07:20 PM
This is true and it's why I make fun of the "We had options/The PAC plane is on the way!!!!111/ KSU is our anchor..IT'S NOT FAIR" crowd.

It's why NU left and it's why MU fans want out so badly. They'd be buried so deep in the SEC they'd never sniff another division title.

That has nothing to do with why I want out as an MU fan. I want out because the conference isn't stable. Eventually, there will be a huge game of musical chairs, and I want to make sure we have a nice, comfy seat when the music stops.

K-State has beaten Texas several times. What do you think that's worth when it comes to realignment?

LiveSteam
09-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Bebee to be fired tomorrow morning.

ArrowheadHawk
09-21-2011, 07:40 PM
The high school thing shouldn't happen and won't happen. Even if there are literally 18 people in this country that subscribe to the LHN. It was a dumb thing to try and pull and I don't think anyone's going to be worried about that going forward.

It is annoying that there is a possibility of conf games getting poached by the LHN. This year the KU got taken. If KU was better on the field then they wouldn't have agreed to it and it would have been put on ABC or FSN or whatever. I live in NYC which will NEVER have the LHN. So no matter where I go I won't be able to watch KU-UT this year. That sucks. But if KU doesn't have the pull on the field to say no then that's their own fault. I'm going to give them this year because it will be a good payout for them and most of the KU fans won't be screaming about not seeing it because the team will most likely not win.http://www.kuathletics.com/allaccess/
Look into AT&T Jayhawk All Access. You can watch the game online. It also includes this weekends legends of the phog exhibition.

ArrowheadHawk
09-21-2011, 07:40 PM

Sweet

Titty Meat
09-21-2011, 07:44 PM

Nebraska had flirted with the Big 10 for 20 years now. I wanted out because the Big 12 conference sucks. I had to pay 40 bucks to watch Nebraska play Western Kentucky? Aside from that I like the history and traditions the Big 10 has. Would much rather player in the Rose Bowl than the Fiesta Bowl. Also haven't seen many people on the Big 10 boards talking about basketball in September.

jAZ
09-21-2011, 08:11 PM
The PAC declared the honeymoon over when they felt UT was going to walk away. It was mutual/non mutual face saver.

From the beginning the Pac-12 had a high bar for taking anyone else. They have the best media deal in the country and they are going to be the first conference with international distribution rights in Asia. And to divide that pie with Texas and OU makes sense. To add OSU and TT makes little sense, other than to get UT and OU.

The Pac would be better with Texas on the same terms as USC and UCLA. But they weren't ever going to accomidate Texas above USC and UCLA. Texas was going to get whatever those schools get. And they were going to get whatever Texas gets.

And the LA schools have wanted a B12/UT-like deal from the Pac-10 for years... for obvious reasons. So there was no "saving face" necessary on the Pac-12's part. None.

That's not so say that it couldn't have been very good for the Pac12 to become the Pac16. But only under certain conditions. And Texas was going to have to accept them ultimately.

They weren't willing to. They said no. Scott said fine. And the Pac voted to stand pat... where pat is a very good position.

kcfan82
09-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Nebraska had flirted with the Big 10 for 20 years now. I wanted out because the Big 12 conference sucks. I had to pay 40 bucks to watch Nebraska play Western Kentucky? Aside from that I like the history and traditions the Big 10 has. Would much rather player in the Rose Bowl than the Fiesta Bowl. Also haven't seen many people on the Big 10 boards talking about basketball in September.

For the record I never really wanted out, but after losing the OU/NU game yearly and being force fed a rivalry with Colorado things never felt the same.

Bambi
09-21-2011, 08:53 PM

Really?

I see the Big 10 as more of a bball conf nowadays. No sniff of a title since Maurice Clarett. Wow thats a long time

Titty Meat
09-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Really?

I see the Big 10 as more of a bball conf nowadays. No sniff of a title since Maurice Clarett. Wow thats a long time

You also thought Jordan Webb was going to be a Heisman candidate.

Pants
09-21-2011, 09:39 PM

Wait you were serious about the basketball thing? When any program gets a 5 star recruit to commit, people are going to talk about it then and there. I thought you were just trolling at the time, but wow, dude...

Rams Fan
09-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Big 12 Conference commissioner Dan Beebe is working on an agreement to leave his position, the Kansas City star reported Wednesday night.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7002818/dan-beebe-working-leave-job-big-12-conference-commissioner-report-says

Buh Bye.

chefs fan in omaha
09-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Will any conference take Mizzery?

Bambi
09-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Wait you were serious about the basketball thing? When any program gets a 5 star recruit to commit, people are going to talk about it then and there. I thought you were just trolling at the time, but wow, dude...

I wouldn't worry about trying to convince a Nebraska fan what its like to land a 5 star recruit.

Nebraska doesn't get any of those.

patteeu
09-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Anyway, I said money is not really the issue, now that everyone has agreed to share Tier 1/2, so lets break it down. (I'll also assume we expand to 10)

We currently have a weird situation where our tier 2 contract is a lot bigger than our tier 1 contract, because we made our deal with Fox recently. That tells us that our tier 1 deal will probably be massive. (maybe we can renegotiate after dropping A&M and adding BYU?)

Tier 1 (ESPN): expires in 2016, $60MM/year, $6MM per school

Tier 2 (Fox): expires in 2025, $90MM/year, $9MM per school

Money each school gets from TV if they don't make a dime on Tier 3: $15MM/year

Tier 3 (owned by each school): 2009-2010 school year

Texas: ~$15MM/yr (not 09-10, based on future from LHN)
Kansas: ~$7.3MM
OSU: ~$6.4MM
MU: ~$4.1MM
KSU: ~$3.3MM
ISU: ~$2.6MM
OU:~$300k
TTech and BU: basically zero

average: ~$4.3MM

If everyone splits evenly, each school gets about ~$19.3MM

If no split, Mizzou gets about ~$19.1MM. Baylor gets ~$15MM

I only have a vague understanding of the Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 business. Why does OU get so little Tier 3?

alnorth
09-21-2011, 11:16 PM
I only have a vague understanding of the Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 business. Why does OU get so little Tier 3?

That could be a one-year fluke, or maybe the sooners were lazy on developing their radio and TV rights, I have no idea.

Tier 3 is primarily non-con football games (though UT is cheating on that!) that don't get picked up in T1/2, and non-con basketball games.

I can understand why no one wanted to watch sooner basketball, and maybe they are a victim of their own success on having all their football games get picked up, so not much help from TV, but surely even given all that I'd think their radio and internet rights were worth more than a few hundred K? Maybe not. Maybe they are fixing that issue.

patteeu
09-21-2011, 11:20 PM
That could be a one-year fluke, or maybe the sooners were lazy on developing their radio and TV rights, I have no idea.

Tier 3 is primarily non-con football games (though UT is cheating on that!) that don't get picked up in T1/2, and non-con basketball games.

I can understand why no one wanted to watch sooner basketball, and maybe they are a victim of their own success on having all their football games get picked up, so not much help from TV, but surely even given all that I'd think their radio and internet rights were worth more than a few hundred K? Maybe not. Maybe they are fixing that issue.

Good theory

alnorth
09-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Good theory

I think we've cracked the code. The secret is to be pretty decent in football, but not TOO good. If you are too good, then con ESPN into giving you way too much money without a guarantee that they'll get a good football game.

beer bacon
09-21-2011, 11:53 PM

Scapegoat with no power to be removed from his position so the conference can look like they are making changes.

Bambi
09-22-2011, 08:21 AM
I think we've cracked the code. The secret is to be pretty decent in football, but not TOO good. If you are too good, then con ESPN into giving you way too much money without a guarantee that they'll get a good football game.

Kinda.

The exposure nationwide of having all of your games on ABC or ESPN primetime is immeasurable. Recruiting, boosters, etc are all skyrocketed with a program like OU because they're on TV so often and in such important time slots.

LiveSteam
09-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Scapegoat with no power to be removed from his position so the conference can look like they are making changes.

Ehh Bebee was his own worst enemy.

Frazod
09-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Beebe never really existed - he was just a Dodds' ventriloquist dummy. He's not being fired - just put in box and stored.

ROYC75
09-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Beebe never really existed - he was just a Dodds' ventriloquist dummy. He's not being fired - just put in box and stored.

He was a Texan puppet! Whatever Texas wanted, they got.

FD
09-22-2011, 09:04 AM

Theres only a handful of TV's in Oklahoma. Their Tier 1/2 are worth a ton because almost all of their games are shown nationally. They were in discussions to make a network in the style of the LHN but it was determined to not be economically viable.

duncan_idaho
09-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Well, yesterday was interesting. Second straight year the PAC steps back from the ledge JUST in time to keep from really blowing things up.

I am actually fine with staying in the Big 12 for a few more years, biding time for the eventual collapse, and reaping some benefits. I think some concessions need to be made re: the Longhorn network - mostly that no high school games/highlights are shown on it, and that they are limited in the number of Big 12 games that can be shown on it.

The revenue sharing piece doesn't really bother me. Texas already has way more money than anyone else (Same with OU). And Missouri actually shakes out towards the top in the unequal distribution. So no real problems for me there. Plus, with the TV rights staying where they are (unless there's a renegotiation if BYU/Louisville/etc join), the money will be competitive for the next few years (basically, the same amount of time that UT and OU have committed to).

There are some real positives to staying in the Big 12, if it survives.

1) Being No. 3 in the pecking order behind OU and UT. This is not a bad place to be from a money standpoint, or a competition standpoint. Football will have a great chance to win 9-10 games a year in this conference.

2) Texas recruiting. Go ask Arkansas - a school that is closer to Texas, has more history in Texas, and used to recruit Texas like crazy - how much they like recruiting Texas from the SEC, while the Big 12 puts a dome around the state. It would fall off - perhaps significantly - if Missouri goes to the SEC while the Big 12 still exists.

3) Missouri can improve its attractiveness. Look at what has happened and how the perception of Missouri football has changed in the past five years. What would another five years of Pinkel-led 9-10 win seasons do for program prestige?

The main things that make Mizzou attractive to other conferences - population, TV markets, single state-level school, research university - aren't going anywhere.

Missouri will have the same - if not better - options when this does finally blow up. Until then, I've got no problem sitting tight, watching the Tigers challenge a lot in football, and waiting for conference armageddon to revisit the scene.

alnorth
09-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Theres only a handful of TV's in Oklahoma. Their Tier 1/2 are worth a ton because almost all of their games are shown nationally. They were in discussions to make a network in the style of the LHN but it was determined to not be economically viable.

well, that would lead me to wonder why Okie State got so much, then?

I think its just that OU's non-con games all got picked up. Maybe Okie State made more money on basketball, too.

DaKCMan AP
09-22-2011, 09:24 AM
2) Texas recruiting. Go ask Arkansas - a school that is closer to Texas, has more history in Texas, and used to recruit Texas like crazy - how much they like recruiting Texas from the SEC, while the Big 12 puts a dome around the state. It would fall off - perhaps significantly - if Missouri goes to the SEC while the Big 12 still exists.

Well, duh. The SEC doesn't have a presence in Texas. Once A&M officially joins the league that will change and will have an impact on recruiting, even if marginally at first.

HemiEd
09-22-2011, 09:25 AM
In a move to placate Texas, all of the other Big 12 members pledged that from now, going forward, they will only recruit athletes from the state of Alaska.

Brock
09-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Well, duh. The SEC doesn't have a presence in Texas. Once A&M officially joins the league that will change and will have an impact on recruiting, even if marginally at first.

I don't really understand how that works. I'm not sure how to frame the question, but what stops SEC from recruiting Texas right now?

Braincase
09-22-2011, 09:27 AM

Found a recent pic.

DaKCMan AP
09-22-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't really understand how that works. I'm not sure how to frame the question, but what stops SEC from recruiting Texas right now?

Playing in front of friends and family and on local TV is important to some recruits. Once A&M joins the SEC there will be SEC games in College Station and the SEC will be more televised in Texas. It's not going to change overnight, but now SEC coaches can use those two things in addition to offering the chance to play against a higher level of competition.

Bambi
09-22-2011, 09:42 AM
well, that would lead me to wonder why Okie State got so much, then?

I think its just that OU's non-con games all got picked up. Maybe Okie State made more money on basketball, too.

As I stated last year basketball makes a killing for many schools. Obvious here being that Kansas has the 2nd most coming in when it comes to 3rd tier rights.

The ACC is going to make a killing with a new bball TV deal now that they added two basketball schools.

I think the Big12 is fine with football w/ OU and UT. Those school will always make this conf very valuable when it comes to fb.

I'd love to see Louisville brought in. They are a top 5 bball program when it comes to value. A rivalry between Self and Pitino over championships and players would be so fun to watch.

Bambi
09-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Playing in front of friends and family and on local TV is important to some recruits. Once A&M joins the SEC there will be SEC games in College Station and the SEC will be more televised in Texas. It's not going to change overnight, but now SEC coaches can use those two things in addition to offering the chance to play against a higher level of competition.

Texas and Oklahoma get the best recruits from Texas.

A&M gets 2nd and 3rd level players. A great player is not going to choose A&M over Texas just because they will play in the SEC. I understand that the SEC is better top to bottom but the Big 12 is the perfect place for Texas players to get their value up for the NFL.

This is a terrible move for A&M on the field.

But they are in a tough spot anyway. They've been trying for decades and still never win a bowl game.

Maybe a change of scenery will help but I doubt it.

eazyb81
09-22-2011, 09:54 AM

I doubt the SEC starts going crazy in Texas recruiting, simply because there is a large enough supply of talent in Florida and the rest of the Southeast.

Didn't the SEC Presidents recently vote to ban oversigning? If so, with the 25 scholarships rule and a ton of talent already in the Southeast, I don't see the well going dry in Texas for Big 12 teams any time soon.

penguinz
09-22-2011, 09:59 AM

A&M gets 2nd and 3rd level players. A great player is not going to choose A&M over Texas just because they will play in the SEC. I understand that the SEC is better top to bottom but the Big 12 is the perfect place for Texas players to get their value up for the NFL.

But they are in a tough spot anyway. They've been trying for decades and still never win a bowl game.

Maybe a change of scenery will help but I doubt it.And they wold get even more value going against SEC competition.

DaKCMan AP
09-22-2011, 11:06 AM

Maybe a change of scenery will help but I doubt it.

You're insane. Moving to the SEC gives A&M a much greater shot at competing with UT and OU for Texas recruits. The SEC gets more players drafted than any other conference. They have the best coaches, facilities, and level of competition. A&M will benefit from being out of Texas' shadow and in the SEC.

I doubt the SEC starts going crazy in Texas recruiting, simply because there is a large enough supply of talent in Florida and the rest of the Southeast.

Didn't the SEC Presidents recently vote to ban oversigning? If so, with the 25 scholarships rule and a ton of talent already in the Southeast, I don't see the well going dry in Texas for Big 12 teams any time soon.

I agree that they wont go crazy, but they will start to creep in and grab some recruits that they otherwise wouldn't have been able to.

Yes, they voted to ban oversigning but it still happens. Last year South Carolina signed 32 and Arkansas signed 30.

Titty Meat
09-22-2011, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't worry about trying to convince a Nebraska fan what its like to land a 5 star recruit.

Nebraska doesn't get any of those.

Pssst Aaron Green is a 5 star recruit but he's not in the Heisman race like Jordan Webb.

Titty Meat
09-22-2011, 11:19 AM
So is this it for conference switches?

duncan_idaho
09-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Pssst Aaron Green is a 5 star recruit but he's not in the Heisman race like Jordan Webb.

He's a five star on scout, which is hardly the authority on Texas football talents.

Scout - great for basketball, shitty at football recruiting.

Titty Meat
09-22-2011, 11:28 AM
He's a five star on scout, which is hardly the authority on Texas football talents.

Scout - great for basketball, shitty at football recruiting.

Meh the kid is def a 5 star talent. If we go by Rivals we have one starting on the defensive line: Baker Steinkuhler. So once again Wickedson is wrong go get in line for late night bruh.

beer bacon
09-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Well, yesterday was interesting. Second straight year the PAC steps back from the ledge JUST in time to keep from really blowing things up.

I am actually fine with staying in the Big 12 for a few more years, biding time for the eventual collapse, and reaping some benefits. I think some concessions need to be made re: the Longhorn network - mostly that no high school games/highlights are shown on it, and that they are limited in the number of Big 12 games that can be shown on it.

The revenue sharing piece doesn't really bother me. Texas already has way more money than anyone else (Same with OU). And Missouri actually shakes out towards the top in the unequal distribution. So no real problems for me there. Plus, with the TV rights staying where they are (unless there's a renegotiation if BYU/Louisville/etc join), the money will be competitive for the next few years (basically, the same amount of time that UT and OU have committed to).

There are some real positives to staying in the Big 12, if it survives.

1) Being No. 3 in the pecking order behind OU and UT. This is not a bad place to be from a money standpoint, or a competition standpoint. Football will have a great chance to win 9-10 games a year in this conference.

3) Missouri can improve its attractiveness. Look at what has happened and how the perception of Missouri football has changed in the past five years. What would another five years of Pinkel-led 9-10 win seasons do for program prestige?

The main things that make Mizzou attractive to other conferences - population, TV markets, single state-level school, research university - aren't going anywhere.

Missouri will have the same - if not better - options when this does finally blow up. Until then, I've got no problem sitting tight, watching the Tigers challenge a lot in football, and waiting for conference armageddon to revisit the scene.

There are only a certain number of spots available in other conferences. We can't assume that we will have a spot in one, two, five, or ten years.

Bambi
09-22-2011, 12:16 PM
You're insane. Moving to the SEC gives A&M a much greater shot at competing with UT and OU for Texas recruits. The SEC gets more players drafted than any other conference. They have the best coaches, facilities, and level of competition. A&M will benefit from being out of Texas' shadow and in the SEC.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The world doesn't just "make" more 5 star players because A&M decided to move to another conference.

UT and OU will always be the number 1 choice for Texas recruits.

Just a quick look at the 2012 and 2011 recruiting classes:

Alabama: 1 Texas recruit

Auburn: 1 Texas recruit (Scam Newton)

Florida: 0 Texas recruits

LSU: 5 Texas recruits

IF more players from Texas start going to the SEC it will be to play for these bigger teams and not A&M. I know this is the SEC's goal by letting the Aggies in. They are getting used.

A&M is just replacing 2 daddies with about 6...

Bambi
09-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Meh the kid is def a 5 star talent. If we go by Rivals we have one starting on the defensive line: Baker Steinkuhler. So once again Wickedson is wrong go get in line for late night bruh.

Your last 5 star player is from the '08 class.

talk when you lock one down this decade.

LiveSteam
09-22-2011, 12:21 PM

fag

Titty Meat
09-22-2011, 12:25 PM

No conference wanted your school.

Bambi
09-22-2011, 12:26 PM
No conference wanted your school.

hahahaha.

We'll never know.

Kansas has class.

Nebraska runs and then talks shit about allies they've had for 100 years.

But you clap for the other team when they come play. :clap:

penguinz
09-22-2011, 12:31 PM
hahahaha.

We'll never know.

Kansas has class.

But you clap for the other team when they come play. :clap:Perkins said they had 0 interest when all this started. You actually think this has changed?

eazyb81
09-22-2011, 12:33 PM
What 3 realistic schools would you add to the Big 12 right now?

I think West Virginia, BYU, and Louisville make the most sense and actually provide some value.

RustShack
09-22-2011, 12:34 PM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The world doesn't just "make" more 5 star players because A&M decided to move to another conference.

UT and OU will always be the number 1 choice for Texas recruits.

Just a quick look at the 2012 and 2011 recruiting classes:

Alabama: 1 Texas recruit

Auburn: 1 Texas recruit (Scam Newton)

Florida: 0 Texas recruits

LSU: 5 Texas recruits

IF more players from Texas start going to the SEC it will be to play for these bigger teams and not A&M. I know this is the SEC's goal by letting the Aggies in. They are getting used.

A&M is just replacing 2 daddies with about 6...

Playing a Texas school will open up that line more for the SEC schools, but it also helps aTm because they get to continue living close to home while playing in the SEC helping their draft status.

Bambi
09-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Perkins said they had 0 interest when all this started. You actually think this has changed?

Actually he said something along the lines of "How do you know we haven't been called?" Kansas leadership will never tell the media what they're thinking, but more then that they knew the conference wasn't going to break up.

Everyone at Kansas knew that. That's why no one ever started actin all crazy there.

But it has all worked out and I think everyone there is happy that the old Big 8 is pretty much intact.

Mr. Laz
09-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Playing a Texas school will open up that line more for the SEC schools, but it also helps aTm because they get to continue living close to home while playing in the SEC helping their draft status.
only if A&M wins

If they become the little bitch of the SEC then it won't do much for them. Imo

Frazod
09-22-2011, 12:50 PM
hahahaha.

We'll never know.

Kansas has class.

But you clap for the other team when they come play. :clap:

Allies? What fucking dream world do you live in where that souless goggle-eyed cocksucker Osbourne was anybody's friend outside of Nebraska? The closest thing KU has to an ally as KSU, and they hate your guts, too.

Good lord. LMAO

DaKCMan AP
09-22-2011, 12:53 PM
only if A&M wins

If they become the little bitch of the SEC then it won't do much for them. Imo

Only 2 SEC teams had a 2011 recruiting class whose average star rank was less than 3.0 (Kentucky & Vandy). By comparison, the Big XII had 6 schools whose average star rank was less than 3.0, the Big X had 5, and the Pac-12 had 6. A&M will do ok in recruiting, even if they finish towards the middle or bottom half of the league most years. They shouldn't finish worst than Vandy or Kentucky any year.

Mr. Laz
09-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Only 2 SEC teams had a 2011 recruiting class whose average star rank was less than 3.0 (Kentucky & Vandy). By comparison, the Big XII had 6 schools whose average star rank was less than 3.0, the Big X had 5, and the Pac-12 had 6. A&M will do ok in recruiting, even if they finish towards the middle or bottom half of the league most years. They shouldn't finish worst than Vandy or Kentucky any year.
yes, everyone knows that the SEC is 'awesome'.

penguinz
09-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Actually he said something along the lines of "How do you know we haven't been called?" Kansas leadership will never tell the media what they're thinking, but more then that they knew the conference wasn't going to break up.

Everyone at Kansas knew that. That's why no one ever started actin all crazy there.

But it has all worked out and I think everyone there is happy that the old Big 8 is pretty much intact.
Actually you are completely wrong. It was more on the line of he was surprised no one called. He thought that BB would have more influence. That it just shows how important football is.

|Zach|
09-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Prob nothing but...

@sptwri
Mike DeArmond
MU chancellor and Big 12 chairman Brady Deaton sets press conference for 6:45 tonight. And from what I'm hearing it might be interesting.

Discuss Thrower
09-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Prob nothing but...

@sptwri
Mike DeArmond
MU chancellor and Big 12 chairman Brady Deaton sets press conference for 6:45 tonight. And from what I'm hearing it might be interesting.

If by interesting he means "We welcome the opportunity to keep licking Texas' ass for eternity"?

|Zach|
09-22-2011, 01:26 PM
If by interesting he means "We welcome the opportunity to keep licking Texas' ass for eternity"?

What would you do different.

Saulbadguy
09-22-2011, 01:29 PM

Shit or get off the pot.

|Zach|
09-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Shit or get off the pot.

Fun to type and read...doesn't align well with the possible reality of the situation.

SPchief
09-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Deaton to step down as chairman?

Discuss Thrower
09-22-2011, 01:35 PM
I feel like this last year of conference talk has just been one repeated kick in th nut sack.

eazyb81
09-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Prob nothing but...

@sptwri
Mike DeArmond

If Deaton steps down as Chairman of the Big 12, things are going to get very interesting.

|Zach|
09-22-2011, 01:37 PM
I feel like this last year of conference talk has just been one repeated kick in th nut sack.

ok.

Discuss Thrower
09-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Find a home in either the B1G, SEC, ACC, or some non-Texas AQ Frankenconference in that order.

|Zach|
09-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Find a home in either the B1G, SEC, ACC, or some non-Texas AQ Frankenconference in that order.

Oh, that easy.

Missouri just has to snap those fingers right?

Discuss Thrower
09-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Oh, that easy.

Missouri just has to snap those fingers right?

It might take threats against small children and or blackmail but it's better than status quo. I don't know what the MU brass has been doing behind the scenes of course, but I don't have a lot of faith they're doing much besides maintaining the status quo when other schools in the Big XII have clearly been proactive in seeking greener pastures.

Yes I know in the short run Mizzou in the SEC would be sodomy for a while but at least they'd be in the best football conference in the country. What has the Big XII done for Mizzou? Oh yeah, get royally fucked on a BCS bowl in 2007.

|Zach|
09-22-2011, 01:51 PM
It might take threats against small children and or blackmail but it's better than status quo. I don't know what the MU brass has been doing behind the scenes of course, but I don't have a lot of faith they're doing much besides maintaining the status quo when other schools in the Big XII have clearly been proactive in seeking greener pastures.

Yes I know in the short run Mizzou in the SEC would be sodomy for a while but at least they'd be in the best football conference in the country. What has the Big XII done for Mizzou? Oh yeah, get royally ****ed on a BCS bowl in 2007.

I don't have qualms with what you are saying I just don't know why Missouri always takes all the heat for an equation they only control one part of.

KCSupersized
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I hope they announce they're leaving Big 12. I don't care where they land as long as get away from this shit.

Saul Good
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Gabe DeArmond saying that he might be stepping down from his Big XII position. If so, things could be getting real.

Then again, it could be just an announcement of the interim commissioner.

|Zach|
09-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Deaton is taking his talents to South Beach

Saul Good
09-22-2011, 01:58 PM

Yes I know in the short run Mizzou in the SEC would be sodomy for a while but at least they'd be in the best football conference in the country. What has the Big XII done for Mizzou? Oh yeah, get royally ****ed on a BCS bowl in 2007.

It sounds like they have been doing a lot. Either we are members of a stable Big XII, or we have a very nice fall-back plan.

eazyb81
09-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Deaton: "Deloss Dodds misunderstood - he only wants what is best for Big 12 schools"

Deaton: "LHN is good for Big 12; it is too much money for smaller schools to know what to do with"

vailpass
09-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Chuck Neinas to bring back the glory days of years gone by?

Chuck Neinas has applied to the Big 12 and is expected to be formally approved as the league's interim commissioner possibly as soon as Thursday, CBSSports.com has learned.

During an interview early Thursday, Neinas said he had been contacted by Big 12 representatives who inquired about his interest in replacing Dan Beebe. "I responded in the affirmative," said Neinas who then submitted his resume.

Neinas also told CBSSports.com that his employment is an agenda item during the Big 12 presidents' conference call on Thursday. CBSSports.com reported Wednesday night that Beebe was expected to leave the league and be replaced on an interim basis by Neinas.

His hiring would seem to be formality considering Neinas has conducted employment searches for seven of the current nine members of the Big 12. The former Big Eight commissioner runs Neinas Sports Services, a consulting firm, out of his home in Boulder, Colo. Until Texas A&M, Nebraska and Colorado left the league, Neinas had done work for 10 of the original 12 conference members.

"I've been around the game a while," said Neinas who was assistant executive director of the NCAA from 1961-71. He later was commissioner of the Big Eight from 1971-80.

"I told my wife, I guess it's like Yogi said, 'It's not over until it's over,' " Neinas said.

Neinas should be a unifying force in a fractured league. Texas AD DeLoss Dodds once worked for Neinas as an assistant in the Big Eight. Neinas said he helped current Texas Tech AD Kirby Hocutt get his first job.

Neinas expects the position to last six months to a year.

Stewie
09-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Chuck Neinas to bring back the glory days of years gone by?

Chuck Neinas has applied to the Big 12 and is expected to be formally approved as the league's interim commissioner possibly as soon as Thursday, CBSSports.com has learned.

During an interview early Thursday, Neinas said he had been contacted by Big 12 representatives who inquired about his interest in replacing Dan Beebe. "I responded in the affirmative," said Neinas who then submitted his resume.

Neinas also told CBSSports.com that his employment is an agenda item during the Big 12 presidents' conference call on Thursday. CBSSports.com reported Wednesday night that Beebe was expected to leave the league and be replaced on an interim basis by Neinas.

His hiring would seem to be formality considering Neinas has conducted employment searches for seven of the current nine members of the Big 12. The former Big Eight commissioner runs Neinas Sports Services, a consulting firm, out of his home in Boulder, Colo. Until Texas A&M, Nebraska and Colorado left the league, Neinas had done work for 10 of the original 12 conference members.

"I've been around the game a while," said Neinas who was assistant executive director of the NCAA from 1961-71. He later was commissioner of the Big Eight from 1971-80.

"I told my wife, I guess it's like Yogi said, 'It's not over until it's over,' " Neinas said.

Neinas should be a unifying force in a fractured league. Texas AD DeLoss Dodds once worked for Neinas as an assistant in the Big Eight. Neinas said he helped current Texas Tech AD Kirby Hocutt get his first job.

Neinas expects the position to last six months to a year.

I hope he lasts six months to a year.

Pitt Gorilla
09-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Missouri DID have an offer; it's not clear if it was contingent on the Big XII collapsing. Tonight could make things interesting.

Brock
09-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Missouri DID have an offer; it's not clear if it was contingent on the Big XII collapsing. Tonight could make things interesting.

Yeah....right.....

Pitt Gorilla
09-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah....right.....They did. I'm not sure if they still do. I don't believe everything thing I hear, but I trust this source 100%.

Titty Meat
09-22-2011, 02:49 PM
They did. I'm not sure if they still do. I don't believe everything thing I hear, but I trust this source 100%.

The cashier at the Flying J?

Pitt Gorilla
09-22-2011, 02:50 PM
The cashier at the Flying J?No, although I wouldn't mind a meal there (Joplin location).

Bambi
09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Actually you are completely wrong. It was more on the line of he was surprised no one called. He thought that BB would have more influence. That it just shows how important football is.

Yep. That's why those football juggernauts Syracuse and Pitt were gobbled up by the ACC.

It's tiring really. You need a new tune. BBall is the meal ticket for many schools and conferences.

Just because some schools suck at both doesn't mean you should discount those that are good at bball.

Titty Meat
09-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Yep. That's why those football juggernauts Syracuse and Pitt were gobbled up by the ACC.

It's tiring really. You need a new tune. BBall is the meal ticket for many schools and conferences.

Just because some schools suck at both doesn't mean you should discount those that are good at bball.

This isn't true.

Frazod
09-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Neinas started working for the NCAA 50 years ago? Damn, how old is he?

Mosbonian
09-22-2011, 03:16 PM
I know it is too much to ask for, but could the announcement be something along the line:

"We decided to grow a pair and officially leave the U R (my) B**** 12."

"I am stepping down from my present position as the man trying to save this crumbling puppet empire to let someone else lose sleep and integrity as Texas and Oklahoma play like they really care about the smaller schools."

"We fully intend to see a invitation to any conference that would have us and save us from having to spend the next couple of years agonizing trying to figure out how to pry more money out of an already "fixed" system."

Bambi
09-22-2011, 03:19 PM
This isn't true.

Duke, Stanford, Kansas, Wake Forest, Syracuse, UConn, Indiana, all immediately come to mind.

There are many more but I'm bored of looking

Crush
09-22-2011, 03:19 PM

Jim Boeheim was on Sportscenter the other day and he said Syracuse's move to the ACC was completely about football.

ChiTown
09-22-2011, 03:23 PM

:facepalm:

DaKCMan AP
09-22-2011, 03:24 PM

It's about $$ and viewership. Syracuse and Pitt have more football fans and viewership than every school in the Big XII not named Texas, A&M, OU, Mizzou, and TTU.

Bambi
09-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Jim Boeheim was on Sportscenter the other day and he said Syracuse's move to the ACC was completely about football.

I would too if I just abandoned a conference that I was a charter member of.

3 bowl games in 10 years and a stadium smaller than Kansas's.

Please tell me what the draw is in Syracuse football.

Especially compared to where it's bball program is.

Reerun_KC
09-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Duke, Stanford, Kansas, Wake Forest, Syracuse, UConn, Indiana, all immediately come to mind.

There are many more but I'm bored of looking

No offense dude.

But as a KU fan and the shit product we offer in football...

I would be thankful if ANY BCS conference took KU...

We offer a conference nothing in comparision... Yeah we are kings of BB. Football is life and death for schools..

Right now if our football program with Radio was on life support, people would of already pulled the plug...

KU without basketball is a nice university, but its not BCS worthy...

Sorry to bust your bubble...

Bambi
09-22-2011, 03:28 PM
It's about $$ and viewership. Syracuse and Pitt have more football fans and viewership than every school in the Big XII not named Texas, A&M, OU, Mizzou, and TTU.

Is Syracuse a basketball school or a football school?

I live in NY. Syracuse basketball is a much bigger viewership draw than it's football team on TV.

Same thing as KU.

Not saying that a bunch of people don't watch their football games but it's not bigger than their bball. Just isn't.

Stewie
09-22-2011, 03:28 PM

Soren Petro commented on that. He was totally confused and he's a Syracuse alum. They wanted Syracuse for football? He then had the Miami play by play announcer on and asked about Syracuse going to the ACC.

Soren: Are you scared that we're now in the ACC and will beat your ass in football?

Miami PBP guy: NO!!!

Soren: Yeah, we were your doormat in the Big East. Nothing will change.

Miami: snicker

Stewie
09-22-2011, 03:31 PM

Complete bullshit. You need to listen to Soren Petro, a Syracuse alum. He worked in the market. Yes, there are tons of TVs, but very few give a shit about college football in the northeast. It's all about the Jets, Giants, Patriots. He also laughs that Rutgers is a NYC market. Yes it is, and no one watches or cares.

Bambi
09-22-2011, 03:34 PM
No offense dude.

But as a KU fan and the shit product we offer in football...

I would be thankful if ANY BCS conference took KU...

We offer a conference nothing in comparision... Yeah we are kings of BB. Football is life and death for schools..

Right now if our football program with Radio was on life support, people would of already pulled the plug...

KU without basketball is a nice university, but its not BCS worthy...

Sorry to bust your bubble...

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Kansas has the Big 12's second largest endowment and second largest 3rd tier rights deal. (assuming A&M is out)

It's not the football team that made that possible. The schools I quoted all made more revenue in bball then they did in football in 2010.

Seems everyone around here is obsessed with saying their school is more "valuable" and "important" than another.

I don't want the conference to change. And it won't change.

The Big 12 is the best option for KU, KSU, MU and ISU. I've said that from the beginning. Whether or not Larry Scott called Perkins or didn't call Perkins is immaterial to me.

Saying KU offers nothing to a BCS conference and being "thankful" that a conference would take KU just doesn't fit with my opinion. But if it does with yours then it's all good.

ChiefsCountry
09-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Syracuse and Pittsburgh are both top 20 all time in college football wins.

Bambi
09-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Complete bullshit. You need to listen to Soren Petro, a Syracuse alum. He worked in the market. Yes, there are tons of TVs, but very few give a shit about college football in the northeast. It's all about the Jets, Giants, Patriots. He also laughs that Rutgers is a NYC market. Yes it is, and no one watches or cares.

CBB is king in the northeast. Just because southerners like to camp out in a parking lot 100,000 at a time doesn't mean that the bball schools don't bring in a huge amount of money.

Syracuse to the ACC shifts the balance of power in cbb to that conference. It was a great move but something tells me that Syracuse might be feeling a bi shitty about jumping the gun on armaggedon. They were a charter member of the Big East. It's kinda fucked up to just leave. Glad my school isn't like that.

Stewie
09-22-2011, 03:39 PM

Who cares? Ancient history doesn't matter.

Bambi
09-22-2011, 03:40 PM

Syracuse has the 5th most all time wins in basketball.

Reerun_KC
09-22-2011, 03:41 PM
And for my view?

FUCK the big 12.. I am sick of it and its conference...

Lets go to the B1G or the PAC - whatever...

Hell even the SEC for that matter, Just get me away from Texas....

ChiefsCountry
09-22-2011, 03:45 PM

They have been a darn good program for the last 25 years other than hiring Greg Robinson. All bc Petro is just throwing out bullshit doesn't mean its true.

Pants
09-22-2011, 03:47 PM
And for my view?

**** the big 12.. I am sick of it and its conference...

Lets go to the B1G or the PAC - whatever...

Hell even the SEC for that matter, Just get me away from Texas....

Why do you hate Texas? Because they're worth more? I don't get this communist bullshit getting spewed all over this conference fiasco. Why shouldn't a school that is the BY FAR the biggest TV draw make more money than someone like Kansas? Big 12 is the ideal conference for all the local schools. Nobody is being screwed, the schools are all still making millions upon millions. Jesus titty.

Mosbonian
09-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't want the conference to change. And it won't change.

The Big 12 is the best option for KU, KSU, MU and ISU.

Not sure how you can't look beyond this year. All that has happened is that the Big 12 has been given a stay of execution by UT and OU until they can figure out the best place to make the most money.

Sorry...I don't think the best option for MU is the Big 12! I think it is a dead end whether it is this year or next.

Stewie
09-22-2011, 03:49 PM
They have been a darn good program for the last 25 years other than hiring Greg Robinson. All bc Petro is just throwing out bullshit doesn't mean its true.

Petro is a Syracuse alum. Why would he throw out BS about his alma mater? He said they had a run, but it's back to the old days of mediocre football, at best.

Titty Meat
09-22-2011, 03:50 PM

Pittsburgh has been to more BCS games than Nebraska & Missouri recently albeit they play in a weaker conference. Just because a team hasn't been as good in the last 5-10 years doesn't mean they'll be bad forever. I don't know why some on this board don't understand this.

Reerun_KC
09-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Why do you hate Texas? Because they're worth more? I don't get this communist bullshit getting spewed all over this conference fiasco. Why shouldn't a school that is the BY FAR the biggest TV draw make more money than someone like Kansas? Big 12 is the ideal conference for all the local schools. Nobody is being screwed, the schools are all still making millions upon millions. Jesus titty.

Big 12 is a dead end conference, It wont be here when OU and Texas get done figuring out where they can make the most money...

So why sit around an wait for them to decide your future? Whats in it for Kansas to keep sucking the ball sack of Texas?

Mosbonian
09-22-2011, 03:52 PM

I hate Texas for their F*** You attitude about the rest of the conference until they realized they had nowhere to go with that LHN.

I could give a rat's a$$ about the money now as much as I want out from under their thumb in the decision-making process for the Big 12.

Bambi
09-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Pittsburgh has been to more BCS games than Nebraska & Missouri recently albeit they play in a weaker conference. Just because a team hasn't been as good in the last 5-10 years doesn't mean they'll be bad forever. I don't know why some on this board don't understand this.

Army, Navy, Notre Dame, Nebraska..... sometimes once proud programs just go and die.

It is what it is.

Reerun_KC
09-22-2011, 03:55 PM
I hate Texas for their F*** You attitude about the rest of the conference until they realized they had nowhere to go with that LHN.

I could give a rat's a$$ about the money now as much as I want out from under their thumb in the decision-making process for the Big 12.

And this also....

Here in OKC it ws reported that the PAC 12 told Texas to go pound sand agian... Saying they are complete divas in this conference race..

Also said that the PAC wasnt going to bow to Texas and the LHN like all the little guys would in the Big 12... Said they had stupid demands and shit when they were all here the other day in Norman...

Bambi
09-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Big 12 is a dead end conference, It wont be here when OU and Texas get done figuring out where they can make the most money...

So why sit around an wait for them to decide your future? Whats in it for Kansas to keep sucking the ball sack of Texas?

How does Kansas "suck the ball sack of Texas"?

Look at the numbers. KU makes plenty off its 3rd tier bball deal.

If anything schools should be pissed at KU as well for not sharing bball revenue. It's not as valuable as the LHN so no one notices.

Stewie
09-22-2011, 03:57 PM

This is spot on.

Everyone knows Texas has more money than God, that's not the point. They're sharing Tier 1 and Tier 2 revenues and they get the money from the LHN. That was all fine. Then Texas tried to expand the LHN to include HS games and aTm blew a gasket and cried all the way to the SEC. It's against NCAA rules for LHN to show HS games. It won't happen.

So, let's get all pissy and go to another conference where we'll get less money per school because we are all righteous and aren't about the money.

Kill me with a butter knife.