PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Frank Clark fucking sucks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

BryanBusby
12-01-2019, 01:45 PM
Some people just want to bleed from their pussies over something. If they can't think of a good reason, they will manufacture one.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Nothing wrong with playing wait and see.

You were convinced Sammy Watkins was a vastly improved player after his monster game week 1. How has that turned out?

People wanna play wait and see now that he’s doing well but were so quick to write Clark off this season early on... LMAO

58-4ever
12-01-2019, 02:05 PM
I don’t care what he does against the raiders.

We paid him to kick Tom Brady’s teeth in.

Twice.

This. All of this and more....

ThaVirus
12-01-2019, 02:08 PM
People wanna play wait and see now that he’s doing well but were so quick to write Clark off this season early on... LMAO

Yes, and it makes sense.

I tried defending the guy early on but after a month and a half of not doing shit, it became increasingly more difficult to do so.

Even to this point, his season as a whole has been trash. He's had two monster games against replacement-level tackles, missed a couple to injury, and didn't do a damned thing in about six or seven of them.

This wouldn't have been the first time a defender found a new home on a max contract and never recaptured that old magic.. so, we wait and see if this recent trend is for real.

RunKC
12-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Yes, and it makes sense.

I tried defending the guy early on but after a month and a half of not doing shit, it became increasingly more difficult to do so.

Even to this point, his season as a whole has been trash. He's had two monster games against replacement-level tackles, missed a couple to injury, and didn't do a damned thing in about six or seven of them.

This wouldn't have been the first time a defender found a new home on a max contract and never recaptured that old magic.. so, we wait and see if this recent trend is for real.

Some of you guys really don’t watch the games and need to start doing that.

ThaVirus
12-01-2019, 02:37 PM
Some of you guys really don’t watch the games and need to start doing that.

Au contraire. I pretty much watched Clark exclusively for the first several weeks of the season.

He sucked.

-King-
12-01-2019, 04:50 PM
Well the raiders are going to be passing the shit out of the ball in the 2nd half. Time for Frank to prove himself.

jonzie04
12-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Just got hooked bad on the long run. Houston basically never gave up the edge...

ptlyon
12-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Well the raiders are going to be passing the shit out of the ball in the 2nd half. Time for Frank to prove himself.

:old:

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Gonna be an INT splurge for us the 2nd half. Glad to see Thornhill get him a pick 6

Chris Meck
12-01-2019, 04:58 PM

I wouldn't.

They can score plenty fast enough if they just keep feeding Jacobs.

I seriously wouldn't throw another pass all game long if I was Chucky.

Sofa King
12-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Injured AGAIN

-King-
12-01-2019, 05:34 PM
Is it Frank Ford or Dee Clark?

kcclone
12-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Injured AGAIN

With any luck it’s just precautionary in a 31-0 blowout, with the Patriots coming up next week.

That’s my hope anyway

KCUnited
12-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Clark injured, the edge is EXPOSED.

dlphg9
12-01-2019, 05:41 PM
Frank Clark sure showed everyone! Lmao

dlphg9
12-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Waiting for the "he's still injured and not completely healthy" crowd to show up. Im hoping you guys can come up with some actual interesting excuses this time.

PAChiefsGuy
12-01-2019, 05:45 PM
How about how Clark gave up the edge when Jacobs had that huge run?

dlphg9
12-01-2019, 05:53 PM
How about how Clark gave up the edge when Jacobs had that huge run?

He thought he was on the other side, so he set the edge the wrong way. Not his fault.

Tribal Warfare
12-01-2019, 06:05 PM
Now it seems may fall into the broke dick category

Sannyasi
12-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Waiting for the "he's still injured and not completely healthy" crowd to show up. Im hoping you guys can come up with some actual interesting excuses this time.

The funny thing is, when the trade happened I didn't like the trade because of his nagging injuries. The idiots here who were celebrating the trade didn't know he had ever been injured. "He's never missed a game his whole career!" You must be thinking of a different Clark." It was laughable. Now that he's here they've done a complete 180, and his injury is all they can talk about.

-King-
12-01-2019, 06:22 PM
He's basically a concussion away from having injured everything in his upper body.

KCUnited
12-01-2019, 06:24 PM
Meanwhile Chris Jones on the field making men his girlfriends.

ThaVirus
12-01-2019, 06:30 PM

LOL Good description.

He doesn't simply beat the guy across from him- he mauls the shit out of them. It always looks like a prison raping.

PAChiefsGuy
12-01-2019, 06:34 PM

He's a beast...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-01-2019, 06:47 PM
He's a beast...

So we can give him some money now? Is that okay with you?

Don't even answer. Chances are Screech will flip him. LMAO

Yes, that WAS in fact a Dustin Diamond reference to our Lil' Veachy GM.

Chief Northman
12-01-2019, 06:48 PM

The Chiefs need to pay this man.

Oh, and Clark injured again...... just saying....

Tribal Warfare
12-01-2019, 06:50 PM
Logic escapes your pea brain, dumbfuck.

Okay, as I said wait and see

DJ's left nut
12-01-2019, 07:16 PM
Sucked.

Non-factor then hurt.

If you're not frustrated as fuck by this guy, you simply aren't paying attention.

TEX
12-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Now it seems may fall into the broke dick category

He's there.

RunKC
12-01-2019, 07:24 PM
Clark needs to get sacks and make big splash plays every week or he sucks LMAO

-King-
12-01-2019, 07:24 PM

Lol that's a really good way of describing his playstyle.

-King-
12-01-2019, 07:25 PM

Jesus Christ.

DJ's left nut

Whatever- you've been sucking his dick all season.

You're fucking wrong.

Gravedigger
He's Sammy Watkins. Two of the last three big splash FA signings by Veach are injury concerns.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Sucked.

Non-factor then hurt.

If you're not frustrated as fuck by this guy, you simply aren't paying attention.

Typical knee jerk reaction.

The Raiders were double teaming him. And he still got some pressures.

When he actually got single blocked he fucking raped his man and nailed a TFL.

wheeler08
12-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Clark got hurt? I missed that. What happened?

DJ's left nut
12-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Jesus Christ.

Right?

What do you even fucking say to this kind of rank idiocy?

DJ's left nut
12-01-2019, 07:29 PM

Bullshit.

Raiders had his ass on an island all days.

We're back to week 6 with you fucking people. He was bad. Again. And you're just breaking out the "Frank Clarl Excuses Greatest Hits"

Just complete nonsense.

KCUnited
12-01-2019, 07:30 PM

Or y'know, at a bare minimum, just be physically able to be on the field, but I guess we're not watching the games to see his hidden playz!

dlphg9
12-01-2019, 07:30 PM

When he actually got single blocked he ****ing raped his man and nailed a TFL.

And here we go!!!!

The circle of excuses is complete. We're back to the "he was double teamed" excuse. Guess you all aren't as creative as I thought.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2019, 07:31 PM
DJ is more happy Frank Clark "sucked" than he is that we won.

Sad!

KCUnited
12-01-2019, 07:33 PM
I get it. We're a defensive stop from going to the SB last year so we're jumping through hoops of hope to justify this guy, but anyone with an objective eye, even Clark himself, can easily admit he's been a disappointment..........this season.

dlphg9
12-01-2019, 07:34 PM

Lmao, yeah guys. The 2 games he's dominated cannot be overshadowed by the other 10 games in which he was trash or didn't play.

dlphg9
12-01-2019, 07:37 PM
I will say that Clark is really good at something, talking. His talk is so much better than his play. If only Frank could play as good as he talks.

RealSNR
12-01-2019, 07:38 PM

Let's start with not letting the OT direct your pass rush completely out of the view of the goddamn camera shot whenever you go after the QB. Maybe just like... try to seal off that side of the pocket and try to eventually swim inside if the QB is holding the ball long enough...

That'd be a really good start. He can watch film of former Chiefs greats like Eric Hicks and fucking Turk McBride do that when they were on some of those truly legendary defenses...

Here's the thing with Clark. He supposedly had a mystery injury during that rough opening stretch of the season. He showed up against Denver, was held out of a game or two, and showed up against the Chargers. What he showed us on the field today was much more in line with his playing through the "mystery injury" than it was "healthy" Frank Clark.

Is he injured or is he healthy? We can never fucking tell. So here's my suggestion. If he's "injured," then just fucking don't play. Or let the coaches limit your snap count and give those snaps instead to someone like Kpass who can at least perform the bare minimum expectation as a DE.

But don't waste everybody's time by going out there and sucking dicks.

Sassy Squatch
12-01-2019, 07:40 PM
LMAO Couldn't even save it for Tuesday.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2019, 07:42 PM
DJ is more happy Frank Clark "sucked" than he is that we won.

Sad!

This is at least a better response than "he was double teamed!!"

You people sound worse than the Cassel ball-washers. Hell, you WERE a Cassel ball-washer.

Some people are just slow learners, I guess...

RunKC
12-01-2019, 07:43 PM
I get it. We're a defensive stop from going to the SB last year so we're jumping through hoops of hope to justify this guy, but anyone with an objective eye, even Clark himself, can easily admit he's been a disappointment..........this season.

Clark has been hurt most of this season unfortunately, but no he or any player was ever going to be worth that deal and that’s why you should be pissed from the moment it was made. It was a no win situation.

Both him and Chris Jones have not met expectations this year

lewdog
12-01-2019, 07:51 PM

Dude, you’re one of the biggest homers now. Nothing is wrong ever (which isn’t true).

You’re becoming BossChief 2.0. It’s sickening.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2019, 07:56 PM
I’m not gonna even bother to read all this shit right now but just know this—regardless of your views about Clark right now—you’d better hope he can play moving forward. Cause this team is going absolutely no where without both he and Jones.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2019, 08:30 PM
I’m not gonna even bother to read all this shit right now but just know this—regardless of your views about Clark right now—you’d better hope he can play moving forward. Cause this team is going absolutely no where without both he and Jones.

Why do you think some of us are so frustrated?

We know this. This team needs Clark to step up when it matters and today was a really good test.

And he failed it. Badly.

The complete absence of a running game will mean that the D is gonna have to come through in the post season a time or two, especially since we arent getting a bye. We are aware of how critical Frank Clark is.

That's why "HE WAS CHIPPED!!" or "He ALMOST made a play!" Doesn't move the needle for a guy who was to anchor the defense and was a 'potential DPOY...'

PAChiefsGuy
12-01-2019, 08:32 PM
Clark has been hurt most of this season unfortunately, but no he or any player was ever going to be worth that deal and that’s why you should be pissed from the moment it was made. It was a no win situation.

Both him and Chris Jones have not met expectations this year

It was a dumb trade that's for damn sure. Then again this is the same GM who gave huge money to brokedick Sammy Watkins so I'm not surprised.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Why do you think some of us are so frustrated?

We know this. This team needs Clark to step up when it matters and today was a really good test.

And he failed it. Badly.

The complete absence of a running game will mean that the D is gonna have to come through in the post season a time or two, especially since we arent getting a bye. We are aware of how critical Frank Clark is.

That's why "HE WAS CHIPPED!!" or "He ALMOST made a play!" Doesn't move the needle for a guy who was to anchor the defense and was a 'potential DPOY...'

How can we even make much of an assessment based on today though?

He basically played one half. And in the half that he did play, they were running it down our throats (away from Clark almost exclusively).

That 2nd half was gonna be his first real shot to rush the passer a little bit... never really came together with the injury obviously.

RealSNR
12-01-2019, 08:38 PM
Veach gave us a pretty damn good draft class this year. If that's a continuing trend for the future, even if future classes aren't quite as successful as this one, we don't really need him to be his usual "aggressive" self in free agency.

In fact, even if he's shitty at drafting, I'd prefer that he stop being "aggressive." Keep doing those nibble-around-the-edges trades and deals and start using your 1st round picks instead of trading them.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2019, 08:40 PM
How can we even make much of an assessment based on today though?

He basically played one half. And in the half that he did play, they were running it down our throats (away from Clark almost exclusively).

That 2nd half was gonna be his first real shot to rush the passer a little bit... never really came together with the injury obviously.

Because I can probably find you 3-5 plays where he was completely abused in that short sample size.

And we traded for a broke dick.

I'm really supposed to say "oh, well he did nothing then got hurt so I guess I cant judge him..."?

He had enough time to pop and he didn't. Its that eye test stuff that got mocked last week - its OBVIOUS when a guy is playing well, even before they make a splash play. Thornhill was a great example of that today - he flew across the formation on the opening kick and wrecked that return. Then he was coming downhill on run plays. Even before the 4th down stop and pick 6 he was playing well and you could see it all over the field.

Clark was just there. Again. I'm not giving him an INC because it wouldn't have made a difference. We've seem a half dozen games like this from him by now, why should I just assume he was going to show anything when he hadn't to that point?

-King-
12-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Veach gave us a pretty damn good draft class this year. If that's a continuing trend for the future, even if future classes aren't quite as successful as this one, we don't really need him to be his usual "aggressive" self in free agency.

In fact, even if he's shitty at drafting, I'd prefer that he stop being "aggressive." Keep doing those nibble-around-the-edges trades and deals and start using your 1st round picks instead of trading them.

This. We have a good amount of playmakers. We don't really need to be aggressive in drafting/FA anymore. Just get guys who will do their jobs well and who will allow the player makers to do their thing. If we happen to get a star in the draft or attract a star in FA, then that's just icing on the cake. But for the most part we just need steady consistent guys we can count on.

BossChief
12-01-2019, 08:54 PM
Dude, you’re one of the biggest homers now. Nothing is wrong ever (which isn’t true).

Am I forgetting what player evaluations I’ve been wrong on the last 2-3 years?

I’ve been pretty realistic over that time period.

Carry on, though.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2019, 09:33 PM
ClArK wAsN'T DoUbLeD

https://i.imgur.com/1pvydbw.jpg

BossChief
12-01-2019, 09:39 PM
Any word on his injury?

Hammock Parties
12-01-2019, 09:58 PM
Watching this tape and the Raiders are running away from Clark on EVERY handoff.

Only had three opportunities to get a pass rush on so far and he was doubled on a stunt, and on the other he beat a TE around the edge before Carr dumped it short.

On the third the Raiders tried to throw a screen and he beat Kolton Miller to the inside and was part of the crew that wrecked it.

First quarter gone. Nothing to bitch about at all.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2019, 10:12 PM
2nd quarter:

Tried to beat Miller to the outside and he stonewalled him....Raiders get stuffed on 4th and 1....ran AWAY from Clark.

Kept running away from Clark....ran to his side for the first time it got stuffed.

Next snap he BULL RUSHES MILLER RIGHT INTO CARR'S LAP and...

PICK SIX MOTHERFUCKER

Carr felt that pressure.

-King-
12-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Why don't a lot of people know what doubling a player is?

Hammock Parties
12-01-2019, 10:22 PM
Next drive: Clark absolutely got killed by Miller on first snap. Jacobs rips off a long run.

Next snap he forced the run back inside.

Next snap he's in coverage.

Next snap he blows the play up in the backfield for a huge loss.

Next snap he tries the outside rush again and gets stonewalled.

Next snap doubled, again. Raiders miss FG.

Not a terrible series by any means.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2019, 10:36 PM
That's it for the first half. Barely had any real pass rush opportunities, Raiders ran away from him every time but thrice, and he blew one completely the fuck up, and set the edge on the other.

Wasn't a terrible half. Just didn't have a lot of real pass rush opportunities. Maybe three or four.

Third quarter, Raiders run at him one time for a couple yards. Then keep running away from him.

Pass rush opportunity and he makes Carr step up into a SACK.

Gets another shot on third down and gets stonewalled outside, incomplete, Raiders punt.

And that's it. He leaves the game after this.

Not his best game, but did he suck out loud? No. Not a lot of opportunity given the way the Raiders called plays.

He had maybe five actual opportunities to rush the passer.

Their gameplan was clearly to neutralize Frank Clark with playcalling and it worked.

And they scored 9 points.

Much knee jerk ado about nothing.

BossChief
12-01-2019, 10:42 PM
I just hope his shoulder injury isn’t nerves. A stinger could be worse for someone with nerve issues.

We need a disruptive Frank Clark for us to win it all, imo.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Some people are just slow learners, I guess...

This is the foundation of my hate, hands down. The only difference is, what YOU call "slow learning", I call "REFUSAL to learn".

Both him and Chris Jones have not met expectations this year[/0]

^^^^ Pitiful deflection to Jones. Pure shite.

[QUOTE=lewdog;14628769]Dude, you’re one of the biggest homers now. Nothing is wrong ever (which isn’t true).

Like fucking hell he is; BC is far more objective.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 08:02 AM
Clark played 33 snaps last night.

The Raiders ran the ball on 20 of them, and most of them away from him.

You just can't judge anything off this game at all.

Quit the fucking knee jerking.

TEX
12-02-2019, 08:18 AM

Quit the ****ing knee jerking.

I think you could make Matt Cassel seem like he played well...

Let's see - "Out of 20 pass plays, Matt only had 5 real opportunities to throw the ball b/c the WR's were covered 10 times and 5 times the OL was aids.

AmIright? :shrug:

Just messing with ya, but dang, it sure seems like you go out of your way to defend Clark.

srvy
12-02-2019, 08:24 AM
All those slogans on the walls in Arrowhead locker room they need to add another. Never ever trade with Pete Carroll again!

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 08:30 AM
I think you could make Matt Cassel seem like he played well...

Let's see - "Out of 20 pass plays, Matt only had 5 real opportunities to throw the ball b/c the WR's were covered 10 times and 5 times the OL was aids.

AmIright? :shrug:

Just messing with ya, but dang, it sure seems like you go out of your way to defend Clark.

This is not 'going out of my way.'

Anyone with half a brain can see:

1. The majority of snaps were running plays away from him because the Raiders would rather not run to his side.

2. When they did, other than one run, it was hugely ineffective.

3. He barely had any real pass rush opportunities. He lost a couple of those snaps, affected the play on a couple of others that wound up a sack and an INT, and that's it.

There's nothing to bitch about here, other than the fact that he may, indeed, be a brokedick if he can't go this week.

If he comes out and buries Brady in the turf of Gilette this week no one will give a fuck about a handful of snaps against the Raiders where he had limited opportunity.

Which is exactly what happened.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Wow - crediting Clark w/ the sack, eh? Because he was on the field when Jones won his rep, I guess.

Like I said - Clay just playing the hits on the Frank Clark excuses track. "He's just doing his job" and "He's hurt..."

Always an excuse for the guy.

And remember - the criticism of Clark isn't an indictment of Clark, it's an indictment of Veach. And when the guy can't make it through a game...again...that's absolutely a problem.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 08:38 AM
And remember - the criticism of Clark isn't an indictment of Clark, it's an indictment of Veach. And when the guy can't make it through a game...again...that's absolutely a problem.

We can agree here.

TEX
12-02-2019, 09:58 AM
This is not 'going out of my way.'

Anyone with half a brain can see:

1. The majority of snaps were running plays away from him because the Raiders would rather not run to his side.

2. When they did, other than one run, it was hugely ineffective.

3. He barely had any real pass rush opportunities. He lost a couple of those snaps, affected the play on a couple of others that wound up a sack and an INT, and that's it.

There's nothing to bitch about here, other than the fact that he may, indeed, be a brokedick if he can't go this week.

If he comes out and buries Brady in the turf of Gilette this week no one will give a **** about a handful of snaps against the Raiders where he had limited opportunity.

Which is exactly what happened.

Correct, Nobody will care. Also correct if he can't go, he's a brokedick. I think he's that now.

RunKC
12-02-2019, 10:49 AM
Frank Clark missed 2 games in 4 years in Seattle. He played through some shit there and got 10, 9 and 13 sacks in the 3 years that he became a starter.
He was on the field and available to his team over 95% of the time.

It sucks that he has had injury concerns this year but I don’t see how that is Veach’s fault. Shit happens in this game to players eventually. I get the compensation argument bc I agree with it, but this dude was not a brokedick in Seattle.

You guys are acting like this guy is Dee Ford, who has had very bad injury concerns dating back to college.

bsp4444
12-02-2019, 12:05 PM

Quit the ****ing knee jerking.

Gblowfish saw things differently. Said they ran at Clark a lot in the first half.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Gblowfish saw things differently. Said they ran at Clark a lot in the first half.

Well, he was wrong. They were running right at Oakafor.

They did run at Clark on the long run, which tends to stick in people's minds.

dlphg9
12-02-2019, 12:52 PM
Come on Clay, youre the king of Gifs and you have the perfect opportunity to prove us wrong and GIF up all the running plays he was on the field, but you didn't. I think that's bbecause you're making shit up.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Come on Clay, youre the king of Gifs and you have the perfect opportunity to prove us wrong and GIF up all the running plays he was on the field, but you didn't. I think that's bbecause you're making shit up.

go watch the video yourself

frank NEVER lined up on the offensive right side

not ONCE

he played RDE the whole game and the Raiders almost exclusively ran middle or right, away from him, while he was in the game

i mean, it's been that way almost the whole year, but go ahead and think something changed to fit this bullshit narrative

O.city
12-02-2019, 01:06 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Jacobs directional run chart versus the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/5nrjKQyWQs">pic.twitter.com/5nrjKQyWQs</a></p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1201535217808244736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefforlife
12-02-2019, 01:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Jacobs directional run chart versus the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/5nrjKQyWQs">pic.twitter.com/5nrjKQyWQs</a></p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1201535217808244736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That doesnt really tell us anything. Was that after Clark left the game?

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 01:12 PM
35 of those yards came on one snap. Read my posts. They ran left at Clark 4 times.

Chiefspants
12-02-2019, 01:13 PM
When we don't have a surplus of things to ***** about Frank Clark shoots up to the top of the list.

It's kind of nice when he's the biggest debate about the team, really.

O.city
12-02-2019, 01:14 PM
I always enjoy the "if you take out the bad play it wasn't that bad" takes.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 01:17 PM
go watch the video yourself

frank NEVER lined up on the offensive right side

not ONCE

he played RDE the whole game and the Raiders almost exclusively ran middle or right, away from him, while he was in the game

i mean, it's been that way almost the whole year, but go ahead and think something changed to fit this bullshit narrative

Yeah, he's moved a bit this year but he was firmly planted at RDE this week.

So maybe, as has been the case in games past, its just that Trent Brown is a better Tackle than Kolton Miller so they chose to run behind him.

This laughable assertion that teams are scared to run at Clark has no basis in reality. Just another nebulous defense for a guy who you need to be DAMN creative to defend right now.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 01:20 PM

Dont worry about that 35 yard run, but you remember that play where a safety jumped the route and then when the DT abused his guy to make huge plays? TOTALLY FRANK CLARKS DOING!!!

Ridiculous.

This has reached "hidden touchdowns" levels of absurdity.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 01:21 PM
This laughable assertion that teams are scared to run at Clark has no basis in reality. Just another nebulous defense for a guy who you need to be DAMN creative to defend right now.

Teams been running away from Clark all year, and the run defense numbers to his edge are excellent.

Can it.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Dont worry about that 35 yard run, but you remember that play where a safety jumped the route and then when the DT abused his guy to make huge plays? TOTALLY FRANK CLARKS DOING!!!

Ridiculous.

You are exaggerating my post.

Just accept the fact that you can't really judge a guy based on a handful of legit pass rush opps (like literally 5) and 20 runs away from his side of the field.

Knee jerk bullshit.

petegz28
12-02-2019, 01:22 PM

That's because even great players have bad plays.......

You are the polar opposite. You want to focus on the 1 bad play and ignore the rest. Or even worse, bitch because the rest aren't 25 yard, strip sack, fumble returns for 6.

TambaBerry
12-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Teams been running away from Clark all year, and the run defense numbers to his edge are excellent.

Can it.

he is a lawyer there is no reason to argue with him. Its ingrained in his mind to even though you're wrong to never admit you're wrong

petegz28
12-02-2019, 01:24 PM

Ridiculous.

Yeah, don't worry about the other team actually executing a play here and there.

Look at the over all game play, you know, where we allowed 9 points.

O.city
12-02-2019, 01:25 PM
That's because even great players have bad plays.......

You are the polar opposite. You want to focus on the 1 bad play and ignore the rest. Or even worse, bitch because the rest aren't 25 yard, strip sack, fumble returns for 6.

They also have great plays.

Ignore the rest? Whats the rest? If you ask a Raider fan, do they even know if he actually played in the game?

dlphg9
12-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Lmao and the play that Clark makes the tackle for loss hes being blocked by a WR. So at least now Clark can be a "dog" when WR, TE, or some of the absolute worst tackles in the league are blocking him, because at the beginning of the season he couldnt even do that. The way to stop Clark is put a lineman on him that is below avg or better and he is easily blocked. What a big badass. Man he sure showed everyone what real football is. He needs to stop running his fucking mouth and let his play do the talking.

O.city
12-02-2019, 01:26 PM
He was traded a premium for, paid a premium for. People expect him to make a difference on the defense.

When he doesn't, I don't really think it's wrong to say he didn't.

petegz28
12-02-2019, 01:27 PM
They also have great plays.

Ignore the rest? Whats the rest? If you ask a Raider fan, do they even know if he actually played in the game?

So now Clark's only other plays suck? Yeah, I think they know who he is as they saw him stuffing a run play 6 yards in the backfield.

Like I said, you think every play has to be some highlight reel play which just shows how idiotic you are being.

Hammock Parties
i'd say merely forcing the Raiders to run to one side of the field predominantly IS making a difference

petegz28
Lmao and the play that Clark makes the tackle for loss hes being blocked by a WR. So at least now Clark can be a "dog" when WR, TE, or some of the absolute worst tackles in the league are blocking him, because at the beginning of the season he couldnt even do that. The way to stop Clark is put a lineman on him that is below avg or better and he is easily blocked. What a big badass. Man he sure showed everyone what real football is. He needs to stop running his ****ing mouth and let his play do the talking.

Always some sort of excuse as to why he does good ....

petegz28
12-02-2019, 01:29 PM
i'd say merely forcing the Raiders to run to one side of the field predominantly IS making a difference

no, no no...if Clark played 25 snaps then 20 of those should be sacks or tackles for a loss....the other 5 must be forced interceptions or actual strips of the QB

ptlyon
12-02-2019, 01:32 PM
no, no no...if Clark played 25 snaps then 20 of those should be sacks or tackles for a loss....the other 5 must be forced interceptions or actual strips of the QB

I would allow this

BossChief
12-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Any update on his shoulder?

dlphg9
12-02-2019, 01:42 PM

There we go with the "he has to make a big play every single play or he sucks" bullshit. He had 1 tackle and that was when he was going against a WR. Other than him wrecking a wideout he was worthless. I also find it very hard to believe that he wasn't flipping from side to side. Im gonna have to rewatch

O.city
12-02-2019, 01:43 PM
So now Clark's only other plays suck? Yeah, I think they know who he is as they saw him stuffing a run play 6 yards in the backfield.

Like I said, you think every play has to be some highlight reel play which just shows how idiotic you are being.

They billed him as a defensive player of the year type player. Are we allowed to hold him to that standard or not?

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 01:43 PM
I also find it very hard to believe that he wasn't flipping from side to side. Im gonna have to rewatch

Every snap on the defensive right side.

Every. Fucking. Snap.

O.city
12-02-2019, 01:44 PM
So he took every snap against Kolton Miller. A guy he abused last year in Seattle.

Has Miller improved that much?

Looked like Clark reinjured himself pretty early.

petegz28
12-02-2019, 01:45 PM
There we go with the "he has to make a big play every single play or he sucks" bullshit. He had 1 tackle and that was when he was going against a WR. Other than him wrecking a wideout he was worthless. I also find it very hard to believe that he wasn't flipping from side to side. Im gonna have to rewatch

There we go with the he only did this and it was only because of that....

See how this works

petegz28
12-02-2019, 01:45 PM
They billed him as a defensive player of the year type player. Are we allowed to hold him to that standard or not?

You can hold him to whatever standard you want. Just don't get pissed when people tell you that you're takes are a bit unreasonable.

O.city
12-02-2019, 01:49 PM
You can hold him to whatever standard you want. Just don't get pissed when people tell you that you're takes are a bit unreasonable.

I'm not pissed. I'm embarrassed that the bar is set so low for a guy that was billed so highly.

dlphg9
12-02-2019, 01:53 PM
There we go with the he only did this and it was only because of that....

See how this works

Well the difference between what I say and what you say is that what im saying is actually true. What you say is complete false and no one has ever said it.

dlphg9
12-02-2019, 01:55 PM

How is that unreasonable? You say a lot without actually saying anything.

-King-
12-02-2019, 01:55 PM

What standard do you hold a player that we traded a 1st and 2nd round pick go and gave 105 million to?

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 02:02 PM
he is a lawyer there is no reason to argue with him. Its ingrained in his mind to even though you're wrong to never admit you're wrong

I'M the one that won't admit I'm wrong?!?! Good lord, look at this nonsense from Clay. I've conceded at least twice that Clark's had good games. And another that I saw as adequate. Clay will tell you that Clark has played well every damn game!!!

Look at the mental gymnastics he's undertaking here. Did you hear Thornhill's interview after the game? The Chiefs knew that route was coming, they'd practiced that play. Thornhill said he read it all the way and was baiting Carr in the hopes that he'd throw it. And he did - it had NOTHING to do with Frank Clark, the Chiefs saw it in tape and Thornhill tricked Carr into making the play. And we have Clay trying to put that shit on Clark's ledger.

Or Jones making a sack when Clark's being handled. But because Carr - a strict pocket passer, didn't sprint to his left then Clark not tripping over his own damn feet on the play means he deserves partial credit for Jones sack now.

I mean, I guess it's better than this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKx8ckXWsAIslLI?format=jpg&name=small

A play we KNOW Clay would've put out there had he looked at this with even a partially objective lens. But he doesn't. Because in his world, everything Clark does is wine and roses.

But I'm the one that won't admit I'm wrong. About Frank Clark. The "DPOY Candidate" who's had 2 good games and otherwise requires that you resort to "hey, he almost made a play..." and "He's just doing his job..." to defend him. Suuuuuuure.

Yeah, don't worry about the other team actually executing a play here and there.

Look at the over all game play, you know, where we allowed 9 points.

Defense played great. It played no worse at all when Clark wasn't on the field anymore. Clark was an afterthought yesterday. And that's exactly the point - he doesn't make a difference out there. He's just present far more often than not. And when he's actually playing well, it's OBVIOUS. Yesterday it was clear he was not going to have one of those days. Low and behold, he didn't.

Always some sort of excuse as to why he does good ....

You call pointing out the fact that he beat a WR in a 1 on 1 situation an 'excuse'? That's a simple statement of fact, champ. When we didn't take the pass rush at face value after sacking Joe Flacco and the inept Broncos 9 times, it was with good reason. When I don't call Frank Clark some run-mauling destroyer of worlds because he tossed a wide receiver out of the way...that seems a fair point.

Clark covers 1/4 of the field. You noted they ran at him 4 times, no? How the hell many times SHOULD they be running to their weak side behind their worse OL?

The Raiders ran behind their best OL and to their strong side and that's shocking...how? How is that in any way indicative of Clark being gameplanned against? Especially when there's no indication that they changed ANYTHING when he wasn't on the field?

And it's ALL just mental masturbation to pretend like this is anything APPROACHING the returns anyone expected from the guy. To even begin to make a defense of him you have to say "well hey, at least they didn't run the ball RIGHT AT HIM....well, except for that time they broke one off for 35.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 02:06 PM
How is that unreasonable? You say a lot without actually saying anything.

It isn't.

They have to make up their stupid straw men arguments and defend THOSE to have any sort of valid point.

They won't address the fact that a dude that cost a 1st and 2nd to acquire and is among the most highly paid defenders in football requires you giving him credit for the plays made by rookie safeties to defend. Nope - they're gonna say "YOU WANT HIM TO HAVE 20 SACKS BY NOW!!! YOU'RE NOT BEING FAIR!!!"

It's asinine. One side of this discussion has proffered possible explanations for his struggles. They've asked what is different between last year and this year. They've asked where he can improve in technique or physical skills. They've given credit when he's had good games.

One side of this discussion will have a damn discussion. The other bats away straw men and says that pointing out when Clark beats a WR to stop a run play is just picking nits and being hypercritical.

Hammock Parties
A play we KNOW Clay would've put out there had he looked at this with even a partially objective lens. But he doesn't. Because in his world, everything Clark does is wine and roses.

Actually, I mentioned that play as a play where Clark's outside rush got stonewalled.

I'm being plenty objective.

This wasn't the disaster you think it was. It was just a guy who was mostly on the field for running plays, and the sample size on pass rush opportunity is incredibly small.

It doesn't mean much, but because he didn't look like Lawrence fucking Taylor it's a great opportunity for the knee jerk artists around here.

petegz28
I'M the one that won't admit I'm wrong?!?! Good lord, look at this nonsense from Clay. I've conceded at least twice that Clark's had good games. And another that I saw as adequate. Clay will tell you that Clark has played well every damn game!!!

Look at the mental gymnastics he's undertaking here. Did you hear Thornhill's interview after the game? The Chiefs knew that route was coming, they'd practiced that play. Thornhill said he read it all the way and was baiting Carr in the hopes that he'd throw it. And he did - it had NOTHING to do with Frank Clark, the Chiefs saw it in tape and Thornhill tricked Carr into making the play. And we have Clay trying to put that shit on Clark's ledger.

Or Jones making a sack when Clark's being handled. But because Carr - a strict pocket passer, didn't sprint to his left then Clark not tripping over his own damn feet on the play means he deserves partial credit for Jones sack now.

I mean, I guess it's better than this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKx8ckXWsAIslLI?format=jpg&name=small

But I'm the one that won't admit I'm wrong. About Frank Clark. The "DPOY Candidate" who's had 2 good games and otherwise requires that you resort to "hey, he almost made a play..." and "He's just doing his job..." to defend him. Suuuuuuure.

Defense played great. It played no worse at all when Clark wasn't on the field anymore. Clark was an afterthought yesterday. And that's exactly the point - he doesn't make a difference out there. He's just present far more often than not. And when he's actually playing well, it's OBVIOUS. Yesterday it was clear he was not going to have one of those days. Low and behold, he didn't.

You call pointing out the fact that he beat a WR in a 1 on 1 situation an 'excuse'? That's a simple statement of fact, champ. When we didn't take the pass rush at face value after sacking Joe Flacco and the inept Broncos 9 times, it was with good reason. When I don't call Frank Clark some run-mauling destroyer of worlds because he tossed a wide receiver out of the way...that seems a fair point.

Clark covers 1/4 of the field. You noted they ran at him 4 times, no? How the hell many times SHOULD they be running to their weak side behind their worse OL?

The Raiders ran behind their best OL and to their strong side and that's shocking...how? How is that in any way indicative of Clark being gameplanned against? Especially when there's no indication that they changed ANYTHING when he wasn't on the field?

And it's ALL just mental masturbation to pretend like this is anything APPROACHING the returns anyone expected from the guy. To even begin to make a defense of him you have to say "well hey, at least they didn't run the ball RIGHT AT HIM....well, except for that time they broke one off for 35.

So you cherry pick a snapshot of one moment of one play???? ROFL

Sassy Squatch
12-02-2019, 02:09 PM
LMAO

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 02:09 PM

Hardly.

I used that as demonstrative of what Clay could do but chooses not to. It wasn't to make my point at all - it was simply to bat away Tamba's gripe.

SNR pointed it out several posts back - Clark was taking himself out of plays on his rush. Clay will call those "not legitimate pass rush reps" or some other such nonsense in order to excuse them, but that's what he was doing. He wasn't effective off the ball, he wasn't threatening inside. He was simply running out of the play.

But again - the fact that you choose THAT to seize on (and the irony of you calling me out for 'cherry picking' in a post that is way too damn long to begin with) demonstrates what I'm talking about - you people don't have ANYTHING to address if it's not a straw man of your own creation.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 02:10 PM
Hardly.

I used that as demonstrative of what Clay could do but chooses not to.

I MENTIONED SEVERAL PLAYS HE GOT STONEWALLED

You're inventing shit now.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 02:15 PM
Actually, I mentioned that play as a play where Clark's outside rush got stonewalled.

This wasn't the disaster you think it was. It was just a guy who was mostly on the field for running plays, and the sample size on pass rush opportunity is incredibly small.

It doesn't mean much, but because he didn't look like Lawrence fucking Taylor it's a great opportunity for the knee jerk artists around here.

He wasn't a disaster - he simply didn't matter either way. And then got injured.

And for a dude that cost what he cost, that's wholly unacceptable. A basic rush that amounted to a draw on Jones sack and a play where he tossed aside a WR to make a run stop - that was the extend of his contributions. And it's strange to me that you so often disregard plays when they run away from him, as though it's okay when he just stops on the plays or doesn't get back into them. Those plays that are into the B gap off RG aren't plays that he can just take off. Hell, even plays to the C gap over there are plays he can contribute on. You just hand-waive them. You cite them as a STRENGTH of his somehow.

But if you're watching them in real time you can see that he's being handled on the rep. He's not contributing to team defense. He's just...there. He's not being thrown to the ground or driven into the sideline, but he's just present. He's playing at that "Yeah, that's a good use of a 3rd round pick" level that the Raiders are getting out of Maxx Crosby.

That's unacceptable for this guy and it blows my mind that you feel the need to ride to his defense all the time. He simply isn't playing at a level remotely approaching his compensation or the picks we used on him.

New World Order
12-02-2019, 02:17 PM
What standard do you hold a player that we traded a 1st and 2nd round pick go and gave 105 million to?

Khalil Mackish

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 02:19 PM

You're trying to credit him for Thornhill's pick and Clark's sack.

That's complete horseshit and nothing resembling 'objective'.

No, he wasn't Lawrence Taylor. He was probably almost as good as Tanoh Kpassagnon.

But I guess that's okay for $105 million. It's "not the disaster I think it is" when the guy gives us 1 truly good game out of every 5 and otherwise needs the white knight brigade to tell us that he was better than we think he was otherwise. Well, when he can actually take the field, that is.

-King-
12-02-2019, 02:20 PM

What standard do you have for Clark?

petegz28
12-02-2019, 02:27 PM

Really all I care about is winning and the defense getting better. I mean it's great to have pass rushing stats like we have seen the last couple years but it came at the expense of sucking at everything else.

We are 6 spots better than we were last year and would be better if not for our run defense. Although we have faced some very good rushing offenses in Baltimore (#1), Indy (#4), Houston, (#7) Ten (#9) and Oakland (#10).

We can argue all day if Clark is worth what you think he should be. All I can say is this defense is better than we had last year and getting better each week and he is a part of it.

-King-
12-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Really all I care about is winning and the defense getting better. I mean it's great to have pass rushing stats like we have seen the last couple years but it came at the expense of sucking at everything else.

We are 6 spots better than we were last year and would be better if not for our run defense. Although we have faced some very good rushing offenses in Baltimore (#1), Indy (#4), Houston, (#7) Ten (#9) and Oakland (#10).

We can argue all day if Clark is worth what you think he should be. All I can say is this defense is better than we had last year and getting better each week and he is a part of it.

Those are team accomplishments. Based on that, you have the same standard for Clark that you do Kpassignon?

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 02:32 PM
You're trying to credit him for Thornhill's pick and Clark's sack.

That's complete horseshit and nothing resembling 'objective'.

I'm not. But he had an impact on those plays.

That flies in the face of this notion that he was "invisible."

Please stop the overreaction. This was just a very small sample size.

petegz28
12-02-2019, 02:34 PM
Those are team accomplishments. Based on that, you have the same standard for Clark that you do Kpassignon?

More or less, yes. I don't get caught up in all the "he cost us this" hype. It is what it is. Sometimes things take longer to work out than you would like. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes they don't work out at all. Sometimes things work out in a way you completely didn't expect but for the better.

I am not selling the guy down the river because he isn't tearing it up his first year on a new team in a new defense. We know there is an injury issue but we have no idea to what extent it is or isn't effecting his play.

I know that next year there should be marked improvement fro him as well as several others. But I will give it time as unlike Madden and these football games, sometimes these things take time to come together.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 02:37 PM

So....none.

Got it.

petegz28
12-02-2019, 02:40 PM

They don't want to look at anything other than flashy stats and highlight reel plays.

I remember one of our best defenses had some big, burly, white guy at DE named Joe Phillips. Dude did absolutely nothing but eat up blocks and allow DT, Neil Smith and Dan Saly to make a bunch of plays.

Football is the ultimate team sport. TB has they best pass rusher in the league.

How are they doing?

Our defense has more sacks than the Ravens.....

Can't get all caught up on all this individual shit so much

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 02:40 PM

He had no more impact than Okafor or any other baseline replacement DE would've had on either of those plays. You're giving him credit for remembering to take the field, I guess (which is better than he managed in the Titans game on the TD, but I digress...)

And yes, it was a small sample size - and part of an increasingly large one where he's been replacement level for the VAST majority of the season. But when you're out there crediting him with 'making an impact' on plays that he had absolutely nothing to do with, I guess you get to grade him as a difference maker, eh?

Like I said, hidden touchdowns. You've gone full Cassel with this guy. It won't be long before he's grading out perfectly...

petegz28
12-02-2019, 02:41 PM
So....none.

Got it.

That's not what I said and you know it. But don't let that keep you from your pattern of cherry picking and otherwise taking everything to an extreme before you rant about it.

RunKC
12-02-2019, 02:42 PM

What standard do you have for Hitchens? Where is his thread?

Say what you want about Clark or Sammy. At least those guys have looked elite in a Chiefs uniform.

Hitchens was paid a fuck ton of money and has looked slow with no instincts. I could make a comparison that Hitchens isn’t much of an upgrade from what we got from Josh Mauga a few years ago.

AND Veach redid his contract keeping him here longer. If these is one guy on this team you should be pissed at Veach for, its Hitchens.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 02:43 PM
They don't want to look at anything other than flashy stats and highlight reel plays.

I remember one of our best defenses had some big, burly, white guy at DE named Joe Phillips. Dude did absolutely nothing but eat up blocks and allow DT, Neil Smith and Dan Saly to make a bunch of plays.

Football is the ultimate team sport. TB has they best pass rusher in the league.

How are they doing?

Our defense has more sacks than the Ravens.....

Can't get all caught up on all this individual shit so much

That is just absolute horseshit and has been from the very beginning.

You guys want to give him credit for 'almost making a play' on a screen pass. Or being...alive...when Thornhill makes a brilliant individual effort. Then you get all asshurt when we aren't looking to pump him off alongside you for doing things that late picks oughta be able to do.

Keep building your straw men, sweetie. It's all you've done the entire time.

O.city
12-02-2019, 02:46 PM

Say what you want about Clark or Sammy. At least those guys have looked elite in a Chiefs uniform.

Hitchens was paid a **** ton of money and has looked slow with no instincts. I could make a comparison that Hitchens isn’t much of an upgrade from what we got from Josh Mauga a few years ago.

AND Veach redid his contract keeping him here longer. If these is one guy on this team you should be pissed at Veach for, its Hitchens.

Did we trade a haul and give him the biggest contract in franchise history?

Whats the point of this post?

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 02:46 PM
That's not what I said and you know it. But don't let that keep you from your pattern of cherry picking and otherwise taking everything to an extreme before you rant about it.

That's EXACTLY what you said.

You were asked, POINT BLANK about Frank Clark and you deflected to wins and team defense. Which is a complete cop-out.

King didn't ask you what you want the Chiefs record to be. He didn't even ask you how many points you hope to see the defense give up. He asked you what you want to see from Frank Clark. And all you wanted to do was talk around it and give some nonsensical answer that you could bend to fit whatever happens going forward.

The defense played arguably its best game of the season without Frank Clark against the Vikings. It played just as well yesterday without Frank Clark as it did with him. The defense has shown little drop off with him not on the field for most of the season (the Chargers game being the notable exception). So by your own definition, if Frank Clark isn't building the defense up when he's out there, isn't he a failure?

Or do you intend to sidestep that as well?

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 02:49 PM

Hitchens was paid a fuck ton of money and has looked slow with no instincts. I could make a comparison that Hitchens isn’t much of an upgrade from what we got from Josh Mauga a few years ago.

Who's not pissed about Hitchens?

I'm sorry - did I miss the day we all decided that we loved Anthony now? If I did, that's totally my bad.

Because I was under the impression that CP roundly loathes the guy and ABSOLUTELY criticizes Veach for the signing. The difference is that Hitchens doesn't have a half-dozen guys looking to jerk him off for not scissor kicking Chris Jones during Jones rush or something and then claim he 'made an impact' when other guys do things that he was present for.

This thread would've died months ago but/for people like Clay and Staylor trying to build up him shedding a wide receiver or not getting wiped out by a backup LT as though he's just thrown Anthony Munoz to the ground.

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2019, 02:50 PM

How is that any different than you saying that their point of view is from not wanting to "look at anything but flashy stats and highlight reel plays"?

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Really sad to see this behavior.

Big time hissy fit after DJ refused to hold this L following the Chargers game.

RunKC
12-02-2019, 02:54 PM
Did we trade a haul and give him the biggest contract in franchise history?

Whats the point of this post?

He was a top 3 paid ILB when he was signed. People shit all over Clark everyday when the guy is hurt and rarely bitch about Hitchens.

If you’re gonna have standards, have them for everybody not just magnifying one player.

O.city
12-02-2019, 02:57 PM
He was a top 3 paid ILB when he was signed. People shit all over Clark everyday when the guy is hurt and rarely bitch about Hitchens.

If you’re gonna have standards, have them for everybody not just magnifying one player.

Ok. We bitched all last year about Hitchens sucking ass, seems like beating a dead horse at this point, he still sucks.

But we didn't trade a haul and make him the highest paid whatever. He is now maybe a top 10 paid ILB or something.

It sucks, but you're gonna miss on free agents. It's just money. When you take a swing like they did for CLark and miss, that has a much bigger ripple effect.

Plus they talked about him being this big ass kicker and we just haven't seen that.

RunKC
12-02-2019, 02:57 PM
Who's not pissed about Hitchens?

I'm sorry - did I miss the day we all decided that we loved Anthony now? If I did, that's totally my bad.

Because I was under the impression that CP roundly loathes the guy and ABSOLUTELY criticizes Veach for the signing. The difference is that Hitchens doesn't have a half-dozen guys looking to jerk him off for not scissor kicking Chris Jones during Jones rush or something and then claim he 'made an impact' when other guys do things that he was present for.

This thread would've died months ago but/for people like Clay and Staylor trying to build up him shedding a wide receiver or not getting wiped out by a backup LT as though he's just thrown Anthony Munoz to the ground.

It cuts the other way too. Frank Clark gave up the edge on a long run yesterday. Then folks bitch about it and say Dee Ford or Justin Houston would have been better for us staying here.

Except for the fact that Houston also gave up the edge on a long run for a TD yesterday and didn’t do anything.

But we don’t talk about that.

O.city
12-02-2019, 02:58 PM
Are we supposed to give him a break for being hurt? I don't remember people doing that for Berry last year, but i'm a bit out the loop.

Sassy Squatch
12-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Are we supposed to give him a break for being hurt? I don't remember people doing that for Berry last year, but i'm a bit out the loop.
Berry wouldn't play, period. Clark at least suits up. That's the difference. That being said, this chode better get his ass on the field and wreck the Patriots.

-King-
12-02-2019, 03:04 PM

People had high standards for Hitchens and there have been threads about his poor play. Wtf are you even talking about?

Isn't it telling that you're comparing Clark to Hitchens? In your rush to defend him, you fucked your whole argument up

RunKC
12-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Plus they talked about him being this big ass kicker and we just haven't seen that.

You didn’t watch the dude kick ass in the Broncos and Chargers game?

They said the same shit about Hitchens. Have you seen him be an ass kicker in any game for us?

I’m against any of these big moves bc they rarely work out. It’s too much pressure and expectations (Pat is obviously worth that).

How often has a team traded high resources for a player and it worked out for that team better than it did for the team that traded them?

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 03:10 PM
Really sad to see this behavior.

Big time hissy fit after DJ refused to hold this L following the Chargers game.

When I said he played really well and looked really explosive and that I REALLY hoped he'd be able to carry that forward into a critical gaem against a tough matchup?

And then saw him give us virtually a carbon copy of the other 80% of the season he's played when he was "just doing his job"?

You hand waive every single disappointing effort he gives and act as though it wasn't disappointing.

Straight out - was this the performance you were expecting when we signed him? Was Sunday's game the "STUD!" efforts you were calling for with Frank Clark?

Or was it just another disappointing effort to throw on his ever-increasing pile of really mediocre games.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Damn, still going?

Sad.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 03:12 PM

He cost us no draft capital and 1/3 the cap outlay that Clark will.

If Clark were sporting Okafor's contract (who's also been lousy), he wouldn't have a thread dedicated to him. All you need to do as proof of that is look for the "Okafor fucking sucks" thread.

It doesn't exist. And Okafor is a LOT better analogue than Frank Clark.

And none of them are feathers in Veach's cap.

-King-
12-02-2019, 03:12 PM
You didn’t watch the dude kick ass in the Broncos and Chargers game?

They said the same shit about Hitchens. Have you seen him be an ass kicker in any game for us?

I’m against any of these big moves bc they rarely work out. It’s too much pressure and expectations (Pat is obviously worth that).

How often has a team traded high resources for a player and it worked out for that team better than it did for the team that traded them?
So your whole argument is that people shouldn't be mad at Clark not playing up to expectations because our big deal players rarely play up to expectations?

....I guess that's one way to look at it.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Berry wouldn't play, period. Clark at least suits up. That's the difference. That being said, this chode better get his ass on the field and wreck the Patriots.

And I'm saying that at this point the only way to salvage the trade is for him to wreck shit in the post-season. And that would go a LONG way to salvaging the deal.

So just sit the guy and get him healthy at this point. Stop sending him out there to 'justify' the deal if this is the kind of scattershot effort we're going to get out of him.

Get him right and get your second bite at the apple. Have him come back in week 17 to knock the rust off and be ready to go in the post-season. And then if he comes out and rapes faces you're right - all will be forgiven.

The way he's being handled to this point doesn't seem to help that possibility though.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 03:16 PM
So your whole argument is that people shouldn't be mad at Clark not playing up to expectations because our big deal players rarely play up to expectations?

In fairness, that's kinda been Run's thing for a few months now.

His argument really has been that we shouldn't be critical of Clark because ALL big-money defensive acquisitions seem to fail. And as such, the problem isn't Clark, it's big money defensive FA's writ large.

You're right...it's a novel way to look at it. It's damn sure better than "he's just doing his job". It's really the argument I made at the time of the trade - I wasn't even anti-Clark as much as I was wholly opposed to using that kind of draft capital on a guy we ALSO had to give big money to.

I don't disagree with him on his underlying premise - but it's not really a defense of Frank Clark at all. It's just a different sort of indictment on both him AND Veach.

ptlyon
12-02-2019, 03:16 PM
Which came first? The Frank Clark or the sucks?

:popcorn:

:bolt:

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2019, 03:19 PM
Clark also replaced a very good player for us. As many jokes as could be made about Dee Ford, the difference between him and the players Hitchens was replacing is night and day. Hitchens will replacing dog shit. We weren't choosing him over another person. We essentially picked Clark over another good player. Add contract and draft picks and I think there is quite a gap between Hitchens and Clark.

I understand and am fine with the decision to make the switch, but expectations are reasonably higher for Clark than Hitchens. BTW Hitchens had his time as the whipping boy on here.

Sassy Squatch
12-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Damn, still going?

Sad.
I do think it's legitimately funny that DJ couldn't even wait an hour after we blew the Raiders out before starting in on his weekly Clark tirade, but he's not wrong. That wasn't the Clark from the Chargers or Broncos games. He had one play then went MIA.

RunKC
12-02-2019, 03:26 PM

Your whole argument for bitching at Clark when he’s hurt was that you would rather have one dimensional brokedick Dee Ford aka worst player in the history of the franchise.

You should probably review your own stance before criticizing others.

-King-
12-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Your whole argument for bitching at Clark when he’s hurt was that you would rather have one dimensional brokedick Dee Ford aka worst player in the history of the franchise.

You should probably review your own stance before criticizing others.

No my whole point is that we could have spent a first and second round pick and $105 Million better. And yeah Dee Ford (franchised) + 1st round pick + $100 million saved is a better use of that money.

Even better would be Justin Houston + 1st round pick + 2nd round pick + ~$80 milliom saved.

RunKC
12-02-2019, 04:17 PM
No my whole point is that we could have spent a first and second round pick and $105 Million better.

Ah yes, I’m sure the board would have been completely fine with Veach relying on draft picks in an “all in year” after being a penalty away from the SB. I’m sure they would be okay after being furious with him drafting Breeland Speaks LMAO

And yeah Dee Ford (franchised) + 1st round pick + $100 million saved is a better use of that money.

Anyone who advocates continuing employment for Dee Ford, aka worst Chief of all time, should have some sense beaten into them with a branch from the AID’S tree.

Even better would be Justin Houston + 1st round pick + 2nd round pick + ~$80 milliom saved.

Houston would have cost us over $20 million this year. Clark is $6.5 million. We wouldn’t be able to get Honey Badger this year if we keep Houston. Goes both ways.

Willie Lanier
12-02-2019, 05:06 PM

You really are an angry little pessimist...

We just curb stomped the raiders and you're still complaining...

Clark hasn't been as good as we'd hoped for, but, jesus look at the light at the end of the tunnel

-King-
12-02-2019, 06:36 PM
You really are an angry little pessimist...

We just curb stomped the raiders and you're still complaining...

Clark hasn't been as good as we'd hoped for, but, jesus look at the light at the end of the tunnel

This thread is about Frank Clark lmao. It would be one thing if I went into the rep thread or any other thread and talked about it, but this thread is about Frank Clark. I talked about Frank Clark. If you don't want to read about Frank Clark not having an impact, then you probably shouldn't come in this thread 10 out of 12 weeks.

I also went to the Darwin Thompson thread and gave him props for how he played and expressed how I want to see him play when teams also have to account for us passing. Are you going to go in that thread and praise me for being an optimist?

Willie Lanier
12-02-2019, 08:43 PM
This thread is about Frank Clark lmao. It would be one thing if I went into the rep thread or any other thread and talked about it, but this thread is about Frank Clark. I talked about Frank Clark. If you don't want to read about Frank Clark not having an impact, then you probably shouldn't come in this thread 10 out of 12 weeks.

I also went to the Darwin Thompson thread and gave him props for how he played and expressed how I want to see him play when teams also have to account for us passing. Are you going to go in that thread and praise me for being an optimist?

Well I'm just going to level with you here, I understand your disappointment with Frank Clark. He hasn't been worth the bill of goods he was sold for...

But it gets to a level with you shitting all over chiefs players where I have to ask, are you constantly on your period?

Hammock Parties
12-02-2019, 08:48 PM
King has been on his period since his mom started getting them.

There's a reason we call him King Pussy.

petegz28
12-02-2019, 09:01 PM
How is that any different than you saying that their point of view is from not wanting to "look at anything but flashy stats and highlight reel plays"?

:facepalm:

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Alright Clay - how'd you chart the first 3 run plays? Because I'm just watching the game on TV for the first time.

The 2nd and 3rd runs were terrible reps by Clark. The 2nd (on 2nd and 10) ran right through the B gap to his side and if he does anything at all, he forces Jacobs to change direction and he doesn't hit the gap with a full head of steam. Instead he lets a TE completely direct him out of the play on a relatively slow developing play that he should've been able to impact. A simple inside move (again, against a TE) and he can make that play in the backfield or at least knock Jacobs off path and keep it to a gain of a couple.

Then on the 3rd and short Clark gets stood straight up and as everyone stacks in the middle, if he could put a helmet into Richard and driven him sideways to stop his forward momentum, he probably doesn't get that secondary drive to push the pile and get the 1st. Instead the dude just stands there watching the play and pumping his fist...after Richard got the 1st.

Those are the kinds of plays you just ignore because they 'ran away from Clark' but they didn't. They ran LG and he took himself WAY out of the play on the first one, then on the second they ran up the chute and again he was taken out wide so he couldn't provide support.

Man - the guy was not good. At all. I'm not gonna sit here and watch every play he was involved in because I'm just back in the damn office and have shit to do while this is in the background, but I'm 4 snaps into a quarter where there's "nothing to complain about at all" in your words and this dude is doing 3rd round pick stuff and has had 2 run plays where he simply wasn't competitive.

He DID get doubled on the Mathieu pick - a true double at that. But man, how !@#$ing bad is Derek Carr? That pocket was clean and Carr just throws it right to Mathieu. That dude suuuuuuucks.

JakeF
12-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Hope to hell this is just an off-year and he can stay healthy going forward.

-King-
12-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Well I'm just going to level with you here, I understand your disappointment with Frank Clark. He hasn't been worth the bill of goods he was sold for...

But it gets to a level with you shitting all over chiefs players where I have to ask, are you constantly on your period?

So we can't discuss a player who is underperforming? Or what exactly do you want? And what other chiefs players have I been shitting on? I'll wait.

-King-
12-02-2019, 09:18 PM
The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure I was one of if not the first person to give Clark his props in this thread after the chargers game. But when I note he had another bad game and isn't living up to expectations, there's a problem.

Chief Northman
12-02-2019, 09:18 PM
In run defend, Clark’s hand placement is terrible. He takes on way too much surface area of any given blocker, and struggles to shed. His pass rush arc was way too deep last game as well - you do this at times to setup future counters, but he was getting washed 3-4 yards out at times.

Frank: less talk, more football.

Willie Lanier
12-02-2019, 09:23 PM
So we can't discuss a player who is underperforming? Or what exactly do you want? And what other chiefs players have I been shitting on? I'll wait.

Dude I'm not going to sift through your posts, and I'm not here often enough for people to make impressions on me, but you need an antidepressant or a change of loyalty.

You ALWAYS seem to hate any direction the chiefs are going.

That said flame away at me for not providing examples, I fully admit I did not do that, but as I said, it seems incredibly odd that almost every time I pop in here and I see a comment from you, it's negative or angsty

-King-
12-02-2019, 09:27 PM
Dude I'm not going to sift through your posts, and I'm not here often enough for people to make impressions on me, but you need an antidepressant or a change of loyalty.

You ALWAYS seem to hate any direction the chiefs are going.

That said flame away at me for not providing examples, I fully admit I did not do that, but as I said, it seems incredibly odd that almost every time I pop in here and I see a comment from you, it's negative or angsty

You mean Everytime you pop in a thread called Frank Clark fucking sucks and Frank Clark had been bad 10 out of 12 weeks my comments are negative?

Whoa! You think that maybe there's a correlation between bad play and negative reactions? Nah, can't be.

Willie Lanier
12-02-2019, 09:31 PM
You mean Everytime you pop in a thread called Frank Clark ****ing sucks and Frank Clark had been bad 10 out of 12 weeks my comments are negative?

Whoa! You think that maybe there's a correlation between bad play and negative reactions? Nah, can't be.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough, I meant CP in general.

I apologize for engaging you in the first place.

You win.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2019, 09:31 PM
Long pass play to Washington was a play where Carr had all day to throw.

Frank Clark was 1v1 against a TE and the TE just arced him right out of the play so that Carr could just stand there after 4 seconds and dump it off to the RB. Clay says he "Beat the TE around the edge..."

My ass - the guy ran himself out of the play and couldn't press the edge on a damn TE. The TE did exactly what he'd have been coached to do against a guy he's giving size to - simply route him out of the play. And Clark was happy to oblige him by simply making himself a non-factor as Carr stood stock still, surveyed the field and dumped off for a 30 yard gain.

For fucks sake, Clay - I just happened to look up when I heard a long play and watched the replay. You're really telling me you 'objectively' reviewed this game, finished the 1st quarter and found "nothing to bitch about?"

This is pathetic, even by your standards. I'm barely even watching and found two plays they 'ran away from him' on where his ineffectiveness mattered and a 3rd where he 'beat the TE round the edge' by running 2 yards behind where the QB was standing and never so much as presented a credible threat to Carr.

If ANYONE wants to get a good feel of Clay's 'objective review' of Frank Clark, just watch the first damn quarter. This is a master class in complete bullshit.

-King-
12-02-2019, 10:06 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear enough, I meant CP in general.

I apologize for engaging you in the first place.

You win.

The funny thing is I know you can't name another player I'm negative about because there aren't any. I'm not even negative about the Chiefs. I've posted in numerous other threads how we're still Superbowl contenders and how I think it will come between us and the Ravens for the AFC.

But somehow you missed that because I'm critical of Frank Clark.

Willie Lanier
12-02-2019, 10:11 PM
The funny thing is I know you can't name another player I'm negative about because there aren't any. I'm not even negative about the Chiefs. I've posted in numerous other threads how we're still Superbowl contenders and how I think it will come between us and the Ravens for the AFC.

I bowed out, you won the argument...

I have given you the W

Leave it be, I won't even attempt to converse with you in the future

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2019, 11:49 PM
:facepalm:

It's not different if course. You put words in people's mouth just like you claim he did with you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2019, 01:16 PM

A very fucking high one. And if his dick is now broke after Veach let him walk through the door KNOWING that he had issues with his nerves and god-knows what else, then the strikes are mounting against that little turd.

scho63
12-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Was is Clarks PFF ratings for the season and per game?

dlphg9
12-03-2019, 02:05 PM
Long pass play to Washington was a play where Carr had all day to throw.

Frank Clark was 1v1 against a TE and the TE just arced him right out of the play so that Carr could just stand there after 4 seconds and dump it off to the RB. Clay says he "Beat the TE around the edge..."

My ass - the guy ran himself out of the play and couldn't press the edge on a damn TE. The TE did exactly what he'd have been coached to do against a guy he's giving size to - simply route him out of the play. And Clark was happy to oblige him by simply making himself a non-factor as Carr stood stock still, surveyed the field and dumped off for a 30 yard gain.

For ****s sake, Clay - I just happened to look up when I heard a long play and watched the replay. You're really telling me you 'objectively' reviewed this game, finished the 1st quarter and found "nothing to bitch about?"

This is pathetic, even by your standards. I'm barely even watching and found two plays they 'ran away from him' on where his ineffectiveness mattered and a 3rd where he 'beat the TE round the edge' by running 2 yards behind where the QB was standing and never so much as presented a credible threat to Carr.

If ANYONE wants to get a good feel of Clay's 'objective review' of Frank Clark, just watch the first damn quarter. This is a master class in complete bullshit.

You know he's full of shit when hes not posts of Clark being a badass. If he had any video of Clark doing anything halfway good, then we'd be seeing gifs of it. I ask him and he bows out by saying watch the game. I think there's a 95% chance he's trolling and a 5% chance he actually believes this bullshit.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Still better than Clowney...

dlphg9
12-03-2019, 02:10 PM

So he sees you complaining about players all the time, but he cant even bring up 1 other player and doesnt wanna sift through your posts to find another player you bitched about?

DJ's left nut
12-03-2019, 03:04 PM
You know he's full of shit when hes not posts of Clark being a badass. If he had any video of Clark doing anything halfway good, then we'd be seeing gifs of it. I ask him and he bows out by saying watch the game. I think there's a 95% chance he's trolling and a 5% chance he actually believes this bullshit.

I welcome him to GIF the play of "Clark beating the TE to the edge..." so we can see just how fair he's being here.

I mean that's a hilariously slanted view of what Clark did on that play. Dude gets a 1v1 rep on a TE, runs himself out of it, Carr has all day to throw the ball and despite excellent coverage downfield he has plenty of time to dump it short to the RB for a massive gain.

It was exactly the kind of play you want to see Clark prevent - it was a coverage sack waiting to happen for an expensive DE matched up on a TE but instead we hear "well he just didn't get any pass rush reps..."

Uh huh...sure.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2019, 03:09 PM
Here's the best I can do since I don't know how to rip a GIF from YoutubeTV and if you try to screen capture it it just goes blank so I had to take a picture of my monitor. I believe the point is made.

This is nearly 3 seconds into the play and Clark is JUST getting within 10 feet or so of Carr. Carr's moving on from his 2nd read just as I snapped this and Clark's next step or two actually take him FURTHER away from Carr before he finally wheels an edge after running 15 yards to get around a damn tight end.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=106&pictureid=1925

Clark "beat the TE to the edge" alright. "Just doing his job..."

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=106&pictureid=1926

By the time he finally gets around him, he's nearly a full 5 yards away from Clark (meanwhile Tanoh, going against an actual LT, is putting genuine pressure on Carr) and Carr is now looking back across the middle, probably back to his 1st read (because the out route that was his second read is hemmed into the sideline).

And because Clark took 6 days to find a way around a friggen backup TE, Carr had enough time for Washington to sneak out from behind Sorensen and present an outlet for a big gain.

There's nothing objective about Clay's review here and he knows it. That was wholesale defeat of Frank Clark and we get "Nothing to bitch about in the first quarter...."

Sure, Clay.

dlphg9
12-03-2019, 03:47 PM
Here's the best I can do since I don't know how to rip a GIF from YoutubeTV and if you try to screen capture it it just goes blank so I had to take a picture of my monitor. I believe the point is made.

This is nearly 3 seconds into the play and Clark is JUST getting within 10 feet or so of Carr. Carr's moving on from his 2nd read just as I snapped this and Clark's next step or two actually take him FURTHER away from Carr before he finally wheels an edge after running 15 yards to get around a damn tight end.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=106&pictureid=1925

Clark "beat the TE to the edge" alright. "Just doing his job..."

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=106&pictureid=1926

By the time he finally gets around him, he's nearly a full 5 yards away from Clark (meanwhile Tanoh, going against an actual LT, is putting genuine pressure on Carr) and Carr is now looking back across the middle, probably back to his 1st read (because the out route that was his second read is hemmed into the sideline).

And because Clark took 6 days to find a way around a friggen backup TE, Carr had enough time for Washington to sneak out from behind Sorensen and present an outlet for a big gain.

There's nothing objective about Clay's review here and he knows it. That was wholesale defeat of Frank Clark and we get "Nothing to bitch about in the first quarter...."

Sure, Clay.

There is no way Clay thinks that is an actual win. That's about as big of a loss you can have as a DE rushing the passer, the only thing worse is getting pancaked. Clark takes himself out of the play completely and the only way Clark could win that is if Carr pulls an Alex Smith and runs into him. If a pass rusher is going to try to speed rush around a blocker (why the fuck is he trying to speed rush against a TE) than he damn sure better know he's going to be quick enough to get around the blocker before he's 10 yards down field, because by doing what Clark did he's not collapsing the pocket and hes not in Carr's throwing lane, so he can't knock a pass down. A blocker is going to take that every single play.

How Clay can think of that as a win blows my mind

DJ's left nut
12-03-2019, 03:50 PM
Just doing his job.

Nothing to bitch about in that 1st quarter, brah. Never got a pass rush rep.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2019, 04:07 PM
I don't believe I counted that as a win. It wasn't a dreadful play though.

The Frank Clark we saw Sunday wasn't great, but the sample size on pass rush was so small it was hard to get a read.

Just quit trying to get 'payback' for being wrong based on a handful of plays. It's a pathetic reach.

BossChief
12-03-2019, 04:10 PM
So....

Is he injured? Probably won’t know till tomorrow, but hasn’t heard a peep

DJ's left nut
12-03-2019, 04:29 PM

The Frank Clark we saw Sunday wasn't great, but the sample size on pass rush was so small it was hard to get a read.

Just quit trying to get 'payback' for being wrong based on a handful of plays. It's a pathetic reach.

Precisely what qualifies as a dreadful play in your eyes? Apart from falling to the ground at the snap, he couldn't have been any less effective.

You realize that, right? Like, this is you trying to cover for a guy you like and not you simply not having any concept of what constitutes a shitty rep - isn't it?

My point is ultimately that when you make declarative statements like "it was hard to get a read" or "they just kept running away from him" - that needs to be taken with a MASSIVE grain of salt. Because you seem to believe that he was fine on that pass rush rep and that plays that run off guard to his side rather than off tackle to his side simply don't involve him and as such he can't be analyzed on those either.

This isn't 'payback' - it's pointing out that you're either a dishonest narrator or an ignorant one. You're welcome to take your pick.

Dude was bad on Sunday.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-03-2019, 04:31 PM

0 points allowed till late in the 4th. All that really matters

DJ's left nut
12-03-2019, 04:35 PM
0 points allowed till late in the 4th. All that really matters

Writ large, you're correct.

If the defense plays like the defense played Sunday every week, we'll be in damn nice shape. The secondary came to play (man did they; even Claiborne looked like an NFL player, if not a particularly great one) and Ragland was humming. Wilson made a nice play or two and Hitchens wasn't actively wretched.

That DT rotation is fucking serious. K-Pass even had himself a really nice 'motor' sack and filled in nicely. Fuller even got in late to knock some rust off.

There was a TON to like about that performance by many individual defenders.

But that ain't the title of this thread...

Hammock Parties
12-03-2019, 05:13 PM
Because you seem to believe that he was fine on that pass rush rep and that plays that run off guard to his side rather than off tackle to his side simply don't involve him and as such he can't be analyzed on those either.

The Raiders weren't running to left guard at all.

I can admit his pass rush, overall, left me wanting, but he did affect the play on two of his rushes. Given more opportunity he could have logged a couple sacks.

It's just a lot of overreaction on your part.

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2019, 05:34 PM
The Raiders weren't running to left guard at all.

I can admit his pass rush, overall, left me wanting, but he did affect the play on two of his rushes. Given more opportunity he could have logged a couple sacks.

It's just a lot of overreaction on your part.

So I was correct about your kneeherk reaction that his play will be awesome here on through with one nice performance against the Chargers

Hammock Parties
12-03-2019, 05:41 PM
So I was correct about your kneeherk reaction that his play will be awesome here on through with one nice performance against the Chargers

suck my cock negative nancy

nothing goes right in your chiefs world

yet here we are

Pasta Little Brioni
12-03-2019, 05:43 PM
You can bet Clay and I will both go nuclear if he comes up empty and costs us in the postseason

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2019, 05:44 PM
suck my cock negative nancy

nothing goes right in your chiefs world

yet here we are

Negative?

Dude, I'm not shitting on Clark I want him to do well, but the guy isn't the second coming of Bruce Smith or even Neil Smith.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Negative?

Dude, I'm not shitting on Clark I want him to do well, but the guy isn't the second coming of Bruce Smith or even Neil Smith.

I haven't read a positive post from you all year.

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2019, 05:50 PM
I haven't read a positive post from you all year.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
12-07-2019, 12:12 AM
This is really good news. I suspect Clark had the flu last week, and it affected his performance. And that his neck is just fine.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/biXtqH5Nbp">pic.twitter.com/biXtqH5Nbp</a></p>&mdash; Frank Clark (@TheRealFrankC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1203192844502085632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tribal Warfare
12-07-2019, 12:24 AM
This is really good news. I suspect Clark had the flu last week, and it affected his performance. And that his neck is just fine.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/biXtqH5Nbp">pic.twitter.com/biXtqH5Nbp</a></p>&mdash; Frank Clark (@TheRealFrankC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1203192844502085632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Broke Dickitis

BossChief
12-07-2019, 12:29 AM
things I was today years old when I found out:

That Jordan didn’t have the flu in that finals game. He actually had food poisoning from the night before.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theundefeated.com/features/nba-finals-history-michael-jordan-flu-game/amp/

Hammock Parties
12-07-2019, 12:33 AM
Broke Dickitis

We're playing our sworn fucking enemy this week.

STOP IT

BE A HOMER THIS WEEK

TEX
12-07-2019, 07:57 AM
Broke Dickitis

LMAO

KChiefs1
12-07-2019, 09:24 AM
Broke Dickitis

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-07-2019, 12:17 PM

I'm sure that's it!

Hey dudes, I'mma buy a new toothbrush at the store today. Just one of those things. What's the name of that one brand that's really popular? Something about being able to get to areas of your mouth that other brands can't?
What was that brand name again?

Thx!

RunKC
12-08-2019, 07:19 PM
Dee Ford and Justin Houston were complete shit against the Patriots twice last year.

Frank Clark and Honey Badger were fan motherfucking tastic tonight.

ThaVirus
12-08-2019, 07:19 PM
He played well today. Had a couple TFLs/right at the line of scrimmage on wide runs to his side, a nice sack in the first half, and an insanely important immediate pressure on the game-winning 4th down stop.

Nice job, Frank.

Now we just need him to stay healthy for the stretch run and make some waves when it matters most.

petegz28
12-08-2019, 07:20 PM
Clark had a good game today ....

pugsnotdrugs19
12-08-2019, 07:20 PM
https://twitter.com/realmnchiefsfan/status/1203841585361887232?s=21

Key pressure on the final play.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-08-2019, 07:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark is wearing a shirt that reads “The West is not enough.” <a href="https://t.co/eJfdPPleCZ">pic.twitter.com/eJfdPPleCZ</a></p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1203846559064039426?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chiefs=Champions
12-08-2019, 07:24 PM
Played a complete game. That's why we brought him in

KCUnited
12-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Guy showed up against the Pats and that goes a long way.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Showed up in a big game....the trade value will be determined in the post season

Chiefspants
12-08-2019, 07:29 PM
Today went a long way in my book.

Add a few postseason efforts like this and a SB and I’ll buy myself a Veach Jersey.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2019, 07:34 PM
Hey DJ

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_new_photo_album/f_auto/chiefs/vpevxxjlajssqwu9k7cm.jpg

PattyFlakes
12-08-2019, 07:37 PM
Once again...... he looked like the opposite of suck today, in a huge game, on the road.

Buehler445
12-08-2019, 07:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark is wearing a shirt that reads “The West is not enough.” <a href="https://t.co/eJfdPPleCZ">pic.twitter.com/eJfdPPleCZ</a></p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1203846559064039426?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That shirt needs to be everywhere. Literally every person in KC needs to don this every fucking day.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-08-2019, 07:53 PM
That shirt needs to be everywhere. Literally every person in KC needs to don this every ****ing day.

It’s on sale. It’s the AFC West division champs shirt

Kman34
12-08-2019, 08:04 PM
Bad shoulder.. Sick... yeah.. he earned some respect...

Hammock Parties
12-08-2019, 08:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELT1u1XXkAIs49E?format=jpg&name=large

wheeler08
12-08-2019, 08:09 PM

/thread. That’s why we got him. Just needs to rinse and repeat in January

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2019, 08:11 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about :thumb:

dtrain
12-08-2019, 08:12 PM
That shirt needs to be everywhere. Literally every person in KC needs to don this every fucking day.

HELL YEA!

Hammock Parties
12-08-2019, 08:12 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The stories coming out of KC locker room re Frank Clark sound made up. They’re not. <br><br>Terrible stomach virus. <br><br>Lost twelve pounds since Monday. <br><br>Was in hospital. <br><br>His “Flu Game” and was biggest win of <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> season. <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ArrowheadPride</a></p>&mdash; Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) <a href="https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1203858481201197056?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19
12-08-2019, 08:13 PM
This is nuts. Schrager says Clark had lost 12 lbs since Monday with a stomach virus. https://twitter.com/pschrags/status/1203858481201197056?s=21

O.city
12-08-2019, 08:18 PM
I’m a fan now

He’s a badass

Hammock Parties
12-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Frank Clark and Honey Badger both have the same mentality Berry had before cancer.

They want to rip out their opponent's spine and club them to death with it.

And they'll do anything to get on the field and do it.

It's in their DNA.

We got some dawgs.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Clutch pressure at the end. Just needed that once in the 4th last year

rabblerouser
12-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Frank Clark officially does not suck.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2019, 08:33 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

petegz28
12-08-2019, 08:33 PM
The last play won't go down in the stat sheets but him and Dirty Dan both made that play. Brady throwing that pass off the back foot and Breeland playing tight....that was a complete defensive win on that one play

scho63
12-08-2019, 08:49 PM
He was fast as a BLACK PANTHER!

Losing weight did the man good.

TwistedChief
12-08-2019, 08:53 PM

It should be a race to who makes this their avatar.

This is a frontrunner for Photo of the Year.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-08-2019, 08:54 PM
This should go up on Franks HOF plaque

ThyKingdomCome15
12-08-2019, 09:12 PM
Frank Clark and Honey Badger both have the same mentality Berry had before cancer.

They want to rip out their opponent's spine and club them to death with it.

And they'll do anything to get on the field and do it.

It's in their DNA.

We got some dawgs.

Both are earning your money. Veach did well.

-King-
12-08-2019, 09:53 PM
He was really good today. The DLine all fucking beasted. Good to see.

smithandrew051
12-08-2019, 09:53 PM

Glad the Pats has their starting LT in there, so that wouldn’t be an excuse. Clark wrecked his shit today.

PattyFlakes
12-08-2019, 09:55 PM
He was really good today. The DLine all ****ing beasted. Good to see.

The DL just wrecked shit, it was fun to watch.

carcosa
12-08-2019, 09:57 PM
He's good

Pitt Gorilla
12-08-2019, 09:59 PM
Saunders and Nnadi are incredible inside.

smithandrew051
12-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Saunders and Nnadi are incredible inside.

We really have something there.

smithandrew051
12-08-2019, 10:03 PM
You know that gang bang meme of the girl sitting on the couch and giant dudes standing behind it?

Someone should make that with our DL and Brady on the couch

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
12-08-2019, 10:04 PM
Nnadi May of been Veachs best draft pick to date and that’s saying something

TLO
12-08-2019, 10:05 PM
It should be a race to who makes this their avatar.

This is a frontrunner for Photo of the Year.

I'm on it

Willie Lanier
12-08-2019, 10:07 PM
He was really good today. The DLine all ****ing beasted. Good to see.

Oh you can fuck right off

suzzer99
12-08-2019, 10:07 PM
No more eating ass until after the season Frank.

-King-
12-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Oh you can fuck right off

Are you ok man? I'm worried about you.

Buehler445
12-08-2019, 11:18 PM

Yeah, it was weird. When I got around to watching it, I was confident we'd get a stop and get the ball back.

I didn't know what to do with myself.

Hammock Parties
12-09-2019, 08:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELWYTAmXYAA5W_I?format=jpg&name=large

DJ's left nut
12-09-2019, 08:54 AM
Very strong game from Clark.

To the "You guys just want sacks!" crowd - I'd have said that without the sack. The sack was largely irrelevant in that the Pats were mostly just looking to kill the clock and he fully/finally made that decision for them, but odds are that was a fluff sack as I didn't see the Patriots really trying to push the ball for points there.

But he was more active. I still wouldn't say I saw plus explosion from him but that make sense given the flu thing. He also still gave up on plays that got more than 5 yards away from him more often than I'd like, but as I said after the Chargers game - I understand guys needing to occasionally gather themselves if they're facing odd circumstances. In Mexico it was the altitude and yesterday I'm sure the sickness had him out of game shape.

So the fact that he took some plays at 1/2 speed didn't bother me quite as much knowing that. If he needs to do that regularly, that's a conditioning problem that needs to be remedied. But in certain circumstances (being sick as !@#$ qualifies), it's fine.

And yes, the DL as a whole looked great. Okafor finally looked halfway decent. K-Pass looks pretty damn good and has been getting better all year. Jones truly beasted and was our best defensive player on the field, IMO.

Very good overall effort by the defense and Clark did his part. He impacted a couple of plays, the most notable being the 4th down play where he made Brady get the ball out early.

Defense stepped up in a big way on a day that the offense and STs refused to put the game away. Kudos to all for sure.

RINGLEADER
12-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Clark was hurt in the beginning of the season - in the past five weeks he has 20 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 tackles for loss, 3 QB hits, caused an INT, and forced two fumbles.

Chris Meck
12-09-2019, 09:39 AM
Clark was hurt in the beginning of the season - in the past five weeks he has 20 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 tackles for loss, 3 QB hits, caused an INT, and forced two fumbles.

Exactly.

so if you extrapolate the last 5 games (in which Clark has STILL been hurt and/or deathly ill), he would be on pace for a 16 sack season, 100 plus tackles, 15tfl, 15 hits, 3 INT's and 10 forced fumbles.

So that's what he can do, and we might see more if he's able to get actually healthy.

Everybody needs to get off of Frank's ass. IF we make a Super Bowl run here, he and Jones and the rest of that front four rotation will be a big reason why.

Chiefspants
12-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Frank's postgame comments have Boston's media clutching their pearls today. It's pretty great.

The Chiefs have lacked someone like that on the defensive side, and it showed last year.

petegz28
12-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Frank's postgame comments have Boston's media up in arms today. It's pretty great.

The Chiefs have lacked someone like that on the defensive side, and it showed last year.

What comments would those be?

Dunerdr
12-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Frank's postgame comments have Boston's media up in arms today. It's pretty great.

what did he say