PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Frank Clark fucking sucks

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

-King-
09-29-2019, 04:37 PM
I watched DT set the single-game sack record in a game we lost. Don't get me wrong, DT was awesome and is my all-time favorite Chief.

The point is football is the ultimate team sport. I couldn't care less about individual stats right now. If Clark is drawing double-teams and that allows Jones & Co. to beat 1-1 blocks then I don't give a **** how many sacks Clark gets or doesn't.

It's more than obvious when he is on the field the offenses are making an effort to either double team him or run away from him. When the aren't and sometimes even when they are he is being effective.

If Clark isn't on the field do you think Jones is getting blocked 1-1??? Most likely not.

By the end of this season Clark will have filled his roll nicely. Individual stats are something right now I just don't give a **** about. In this game it is possible to have an effect on the game without recording "meaningful" stats.

So you think there are no plays in which Jones gets double teamed and it's up to Clark to make the play?

Prison Bitch
09-29-2019, 04:37 PM
Frank was in the backfield today getting pressure but fanboys demand a sack every game.

He did a good job IMO

Speaking of fanboy^^

petegz28
09-29-2019, 04:39 PM
So you think there are no plays in which Jones gets double teamed and it's up to Clark to make the play?

And you think Clark is just not making plays which you have been proven time and time again to be wrong about.

But you go on hating. That's what you do.

Megatron96
09-29-2019, 04:43 PM
When Clark and Jones were on the field at the same time, the Lions tried to double both of them most of the time on passing plays.

petegz28
09-29-2019, 04:56 PM
Rams D getting lit up by Jamis Winston...just FYI

jjchieffan
09-29-2019, 04:59 PM
Why isn't this thread in the romper room where it belongs?? Let the idiot whiners take to the romper room with their discontent while the rest of us celebrate 4-0.

RunKC
09-29-2019, 05:00 PM
He was brought it to replace Dee Ford because of how bad Dee Ford was in run defense. We're the worst run defense in football and it's not even close. Even if you argue that they run away from him, with the picks and money spent on him, we could have gotten more players and shored up both sides of the line and our linebackers so we're not such a liability. But as of now we got worse at pass rushing and worse at run defense replacing Houston and Ford with Clark and okafor.

Clark can’t play all 4 positions dude. Not Clark’s fault that the franchise gave up so much to get him and he’s one of the only guys up front doing his job in run defense.

You need to point the finger where it belongs...right at Brett Veach.

lewdog
09-29-2019, 05:07 PM
He looks weak. Get pushed around too much and misses tackles I’d think he’d make.

-King-
09-29-2019, 05:09 PM
Why isn't this thread in the romper room where it belongs?? Let the idiot whiners take to the romper room with their discontent while the rest of us celebrate 4-0.

We were 4 and 0 last year too. Should the people who complained about the defense have shut up then too? Were their complaints not valid?

dlphg9
09-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Lmao you fucking guys defending Clark are clowns. A bunch of fucking idiot homers. Well by God we won and that's all that matters. Pete's such a retard he bitched about the D after a preseason game.

dlphg9
09-29-2019, 05:13 PM
We were 4 and 0 last year too. Should the people who complained about the defense have shut up then too? Were their complaints not valid?

These clowns were so sure that Spagnoulo would make this a top 10 D and that Frank Clark was some big huge need and now they can't admit they were wrong about both. Now they only care about is winning and that Frank shows up to games.

KCUnited
09-29-2019, 05:14 PM
Stop focusing on sacks, tackles, and hurries as a metric for DEs!

Bugeater
09-29-2019, 05:15 PM

Because fuck you and your little bitch ass. That's why.

Sure-Oz
09-29-2019, 05:15 PM
@TheRealFrankC_: No disrespect to a “tackle” but that shit doesn’t feed my family, “sacks”do. New team, new system, doubles, chips, etc. IRRELEVANT. Save the excuses, success in the league isn’t driven with excuses. [emoji3531][emoji469]
-Black Elvis

Blick
09-29-2019, 05:16 PM
He looks weak. Get pushed around too much and misses tackles I’d think he’d make.

He looked hurt last week like he's hiding an injury or something. He looked better today.

Which tackle did he miss besides the one where Stafford started to scramble?

Nnadi missed him right after that as well, is he also weak?

Or maybe people are overreacting as usual?

dlphg9
09-29-2019, 05:16 PM
Clark can’t play all 4 positions dude. Not Clark’s fault that the franchise gave up so much to get him and he’s one of the only guys up front doing his job in run defense.

You need to point the finger where it belongs...right at Brett Veach.

He's not doing his job in the run game. He's not doing anything well. Just keep doubling down every week, eventually he's going to have an ok game and you can finally feel like your shit take was validated.

Sure-Oz
09-29-2019, 05:18 PM
Frank is pretty hard on himself

KCUnited
09-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Y’all got any more of them hidden sacks

unlurking
09-29-2019, 05:22 PM
I thought Arrowhead pride did a great job of ripping people like you last week. I am not making it about you. You are just a cry baby which everyone knows. And most would do better to take the opposite side of any take you offer.

https://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/09/08/0ap3000000840999.gif

RealSNR
09-29-2019, 05:24 PM
He was brought it to replace Dee Ford because of how bad Dee Ford was in run defense. We're the worst run defense in football and it's not even close. Even if you argue that they run away from him, with the picks and money spent on him, we could have gotten more players and shored up both sides of the line and our linebackers so we're not such a liability. But as of now we got worse at pass rushing and worse at run defense replacing Houston and Ford with Clark and okafor.

We're not worse at run defense.

We're actually making teams punt on occasion.

The 10-20+ yard runs are still there, but when they're not, they're basically 1-2 yard stuffs instead of the 8-9 yard gashes on first down that Sutton's D from last year would allow.

Is that great or helpful? Well, actually, kinda. It's an improvement. Don't go by YPC. Go by the number of punts forced.

lewdog
09-29-2019, 05:25 PM
He looked hurt last week like he's hiding an injury or something. He looked better today.

Which tackle did he miss besides the one where Stafford started to scramble?

Nnadi missed him right after that as well, is he also weak?

Or maybe people are overreacting as usual?

I’m sorry, you’re right.

He looked strong setting the edge.

dlphg9
09-29-2019, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty sure every lineman blocked Frank on every play. Sometimes I saw him blocked by everyone but the QB and a WR. He was being blocked by 9 people sometimes.

Blick
09-29-2019, 05:26 PM
He's not doing his job in the run game. He's not doing anything well. Just keep doubling down every week, eventually he's going to have an ok game and you can finally feel like your shit take was validated.

How's he not doing his job in the run game?

DaFace
09-29-2019, 05:27 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No disrespect to a “tackle” but that shit doesn’t feed my family, “sacks”do. New team, new system, doubles, chips, etc. IRRELEVANT. Save the excuses, success in the league isn’t driven with excuses. ♥️🏁<br>-Black Elvis</p>&mdash; Frank Clark (@TheRealFrankC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1178445220410789889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KCUnited
09-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Frank Clark: Judges self worth based on sacks

CP: Does he even watch the games?!

Easy 6
09-29-2019, 05:37 PM
Own it, Black Elvis

Then fix it

suzzer99
09-29-2019, 05:39 PM
Clark's spin move is pretty lame imo.

New World Order
09-29-2019, 05:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No disrespect to a “tackle” but that shit doesn’t feed my family, “sacks”do. New team, new system, doubles, chips, etc. IRRELEVANT. Save the excuses, success in the league isn’t driven with excuses. ♥️🏁<br>-Black Elvis</p>&mdash; Frank Clark (@TheRealFrankC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1178445220410789889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good. Get angry.

suzzer99
09-29-2019, 05:42 PM
We need another stud edge rusher to take the pressure off Clark, and a shutdown #1 corner.

No biggie - should be easy to fill.

dlphg9
Lol I'm pretty sure his family his fed regardless of getting sacks or not. I think that may be the issue.

RunKC

He’s mad he missed that tackle for a sack. Don’t blame him

JakeF
09-29-2019, 05:49 PM
You're an idiot....it has been far from a disaster...not even close
Frank Clark cost; 1st, 2nd, swap 3rd with contract of $105m/63m guaranteed
Khalil Mack cost; 1st,1st,3rd,6th (Bears gets 2nd,5th back) contract $141m/90m guaranteed

Offenses don't worry about Frank Clark. They don't change their blocking scheme for Clark.

Mack is dominant, he makes QB's change their approach.

Clark isn't even a bigger threat than Justin Houston right now

Pretty much a disaster so far since Clark can't even hold Mack's jock.

It's still early though.

Maybe the Chiefs should start running stunts and twists with Jones/Clark ala Smith/Thomas.

-King-
09-29-2019, 06:10 PM
We're not worse at run defense.

We're actually making teams punt on occasion.

The 10-20+ yard runs are still there, but when they're not, they're basically 1-2 yard stuffs instead of the 8-9 yard gashes on first down that Sutton's D from last year would allow.

Is that great or helpful? Well, actually, kinda. It's an improvement. Don't go by YPC. Go by the number of punts forced.

So far we're forcing 3.7 punts per game. Last year we forced 3.4 punts per game. That's not that much of an improvement

Prison Bitch
09-29-2019, 06:13 PM
He sets the edge and sticks to his assignments. You haters

T-post Tom
09-29-2019, 06:33 PM

https://i.imgur.com/XN3rg22.gif?noredirect

wheeler08
09-29-2019, 06:56 PM
Clark's spin move is pretty lame imo.

Yea it’s pathetic. I was watching him a lot today, even while he stood on the sidelines half the defensive plays, and that spin move is a joke. By the time he spins around the play is over

chiefzilla1501
09-29-2019, 07:07 PM
We need another stud edge rusher to take the pressure off Clark, and a shutdown #1 corner.

No biggie - should be easy to fill.

He is getting doubled and tripled. A LOT. I don't know if we need a stud edge rusher. But you'd have to think SOMEONE on our DL would take advantage of that. Problem is, Okafor and Ogbah just aren't consistently good pass rushers.

tyreekthefreak
09-29-2019, 07:16 PM
He's seems SLOW and WEAK to me. No mean streak to him, either. Shit, Tamba was still setting the edge pretty well his last year!

Too much KC Barbecue...

petegz28
09-29-2019, 07:21 PM
He's seems SLOW and WEAK to me. No mean streak to him, either. Shit, Tamba was still setting the edge pretty well his last year!

Too much KC Barbecue...

Pressing???

I don't think anyone is saying Clark is tearing it up. I just think most are saying it isn't as bad as some make it out to be.

dlphg9
09-29-2019, 07:58 PM
He is getting doubled and tripled. A LOT. I don't know if we need a stud edge rusher. But you'd have to think SOMEONE on our DL would take advantage of that. Problem is, Okafor and Ogbah just aren't consistently good pass rushers.

Lol no he's not. Just because it's literally the only thing you can say anymore doesn't make it true. He might get doubled a couple times a game, but he damn sure never gets triple teamed. He was brought in to be a stud edge rusher, not a fucking Tyson Jackson clone.

RunKC
09-29-2019, 08:15 PM

Yup. If he made that tackle for the sack today folks wouldn’t be on here bitching. That’s the way it goes though

-King-
09-29-2019, 08:23 PM
Yup. If he made that tackle for the sack today folks wouldn’t be on here bitching. That’s the way it goes though

It goes deeper than 1 play.

RaidersOftheCellar
09-29-2019, 08:23 PM
He’s probably just struggling to pick up the new schemes.

I choose to put a positive spin on this. This D will get better.

RealSNR
09-29-2019, 08:26 PM

Actually, they probably would be. He wasn't very good for large stretches of this game.

Too many of the people who either rightly or wrongly have been cornered into defending Clark (even if their opinion is more nuanced than given credit for) assume critics are pissed at Clark because the sacks aren't happening.

It's not that. It's that the guy is invisible. He doesn't get his name called nearly often enough. For a QB pressure here, or for closing a gap before the runner can hit it, or for stretching a play out and allowing others to shut the motion down, or for correctly diagnosing something in the blocking, or for making a hustle play and playing to the end of the whistle, or for getting a QB pressure... batting down a pass... and yes, maybe sacking the QB.

He HAS done all that stuff at some point during the course of 4 games. Just... when you're paid what he is and when your team burns a 1st round pick on you, the expectation is that you do that stuff more often than what Frank Clark is doing.

Again... let me say this slowly for some of the retards in the back of the room:

CRITICS OF CLARK AREN'T SAYING IT'S ALL ABOUT GETTING SACKS. That's just the easy strawman that's been constructed so that those people are easier to deal with.

Frank Clark should be playing better than he currently is. He can still do it. We all hope he does. If he doesn't, that's a very very bad thing for this defense.

smithandrew051
09-29-2019, 08:26 PM
Until someone actually reviews all of the film on him and knows the defensive calls for each of those plays, it’s very difficult to say how well he’s really playing.

It’s not like a wide receiver that can easily be judged on receptions, yards, and TDs. DL is much harder to judge.

For instance, has anyone reviewed the sacks that other guys have gotten to see if Clark had any role in creating that sack?

I clearly haven’t done these things either. I’m reserving judgment until probably Week 8 or so. As teams start adjusting, we’ll know more about him.

Someone on here even said that teams don’t gameplan for him. No one has any way of knowing that. Comments like that are so dumb.

DRM08
09-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Khalil Mack cost; 1st,1st,3rd,6th (Bears gets 2nd,5th back) contract $141m/90m guaranteed

Offenses don't worry about Frank Clark. They don't change their blocking scheme for Clark.

It's still early though.

Maybe the Chiefs should start running stunts and twists with Jones/Clark ala Smith/Thomas.

If we are going with the Mack comparison, it's not too early to make judgments with Clark. Mack was an absolute beast on Day 1 after being traded to Chicago.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2019, 09:06 PM
IN for the ongoing debate.

OKchiefs
09-29-2019, 09:18 PM
He’s probably just struggling to pick up the new schemes.

I choose to put a positive spin on this. This D will get better.

ROFL

What evidence do we have they'll get better? The secondary is shit, the run defense is shit, the entire unit is full of complete trash.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2019, 09:33 PM
ROFL

What evidence do we have they'll get better? The secondary is shit, the run defense is shit, the entire unit is full of complete trash.

Hyperbole much?

I mean I know that you and that other douche Squirreltits love to bitch for bitching's sake, but complete trash? Put the glass pipe down.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2019, 09:34 PM
I guess we could always go back to the Cassel years where we had a defense that wasn't "complete trash", right?

Or maybe Herm? He was very defensive-minded!

WhiteWhale
09-29-2019, 09:36 PM
I think after 4 games it's entirely fair to say that Frank Clark has been underwhelming as a chief so far.

We could have gotten this from Justin Houston and not lost draft picks. It's entirely fair to expect more.

That said, we have 12 more games and 7 are at home where KC"s D tends to play much better.

Aspengc8
09-29-2019, 09:41 PM

It's still early though.

Sounds like your not watching the games. Clark gets doubled/chipped/combo'd a ton, and sometimes they double clark and jones.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2019, 09:43 PM
I think after 4 games it's entirely fair to say that Frank Clark has been underwhelming as a chief so far.

We could have gotten this from Justin Houston and not lost draft picks. It's entirely fair to expect more.

That said, we have 12 more games and 7 are at home where KC"s D tends to play much better.

This is a fair assessment. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised that he hasn't been more present and effective considering his history. At this point the only counter to the acquisition of Clark would be "who could we have drafted at that slot defensively that would have made more of an impact"?

Tribal Warfare
09-29-2019, 09:43 PM

Too much KC Barbecue...

He's had 2 Tommy Jone injuries on both elbows.

I'm starting to wonder if that's truly fucking with him, because my now we should see more physical dominance

WhiteWhale
09-29-2019, 09:45 PM
This is a fair assessment. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised that he hasn't been more present and effective considering his history. At this point the only counter to the acquisition of Clark would be "who could we have drafted at that slot defensively that would have made more of an impact"?

I'm not shitting on it or going to sweat on it too much at this point.

I do want to see more from him though, and I fully EXPECT to see more.

He's on pace for what? 36 tackles and 4 sacks? Will anyone be happy with that? He's not making excuses for himself, and I think he expects to be better.

rabblerouser
09-29-2019, 09:45 PM
Sounds like your not watching the games. Clark gets doubled/chipped/combo'd a ton, and sometimes they double clark and jones.

I saw that, too. It was on TV today...

kysirsoze
09-29-2019, 09:47 PM

This is how I see it. I was hoping for a game wrecker and he hasn't been that. Not even close. There have been some flashes, but he's too well paid for flashes to make me happy. Still, it's a long season and I am staying optimistic that he'll get on track.

kysirsoze
09-29-2019, 09:48 PM
Frank Clark: Judges self worth based on sacks

CP: Does he even watch the games?!

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2019, 10:02 PM
I'm not shitting on it or going to sweat on it too much at this point.

I do want to see more from him though, and I fully EXPECT to see more.

He's on pace for what? 36 tackles and 4 sacks? Will anyone be happy with that? He's not making excuses for himself, and I think he expects to be better.

Seems so to me as well. I mean, he was sold to the fan base as a world wrecker, someone who was going to come in and make an immediate, noticeable difference in both pressure and in defending against the run. I would like to think that deficiencies in the LB corps has something to do with it but even then we SHOULD be getting more from him than we currently are.

We need a killer Linebacker and a shut down corner to round this thing out.

Rain Man
09-29-2019, 10:04 PM
This is how I see it. I was hoping for a game wrecker and he hasn't been that. Not even close. There have been some flashes, but he's too well paid for flashes to make me happy. Still, it's a long season and I am staying optimistic that he'll get on track.

Yeah. I've seen a lot of football movies, and at the end a guy like this always makes a critical play in a big game to redeem himself. It'll happen.

WhiteWhale
09-29-2019, 10:06 PM
Seems so to me as well. I mean, he was sold to the fan base as a world wrecker, someone who was going to come in and make an immediate, noticeable difference in both pressure and in defending against the run. I would like to think that deficiencies in the LB corps has something to do with it but even then we SHOULD be getting more from him than we currently are.

We need a killer Linebacker and a shut down corner to round this thing out.

Yeah. I agree.

With all this talk about Clark, nobody is appreciating what a big play Mathieu made with his perfectly timed blitz/sack.

He sure is an ungrade over Ron Parker.

I'd say Eric Berry but the last time he actually played more than a few quarters Mahomes wasn't even on the fucking team.

rabblerouser
09-29-2019, 10:08 PM
Yeah. I've seen a lot of football movies, and at the end a guy like this always makes a critical play in a big game to redeem himself. It'll happen.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPox55gVlXxQkPa8/giphy.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2019, 10:43 PM
Yeah. I agree.

With all this talk about Clark, nobody is appreciating what a big play Mathieu made with his perfectly timed blitz/sack.

I'd say Eric Berry but the last time he actually played more than a few quarters Mahomes wasn't even on the fucking team.

Sweet Christ I would certainly hope so. It got to the point that I couldn't even stand seeing that name in print much less on the field.

I notice it's been very quiet on the Thornhill front. I believe I was told for weeks about how kick ass he was going to be, yet I notice that his thread on CP hasn't been getting any bump action since camp.

jonzie04
09-29-2019, 11:48 PM
Until someone actually reviews all of the film on him and knows the defensive calls for each of those plays, it’s very difficult to say how well he’s really playing.

It’s not like a wide receiver that can easily be judged on receptions, yards, and TDs. DL is much harder to judge.

For instance, has anyone reviewed the sacks that other guys have gotten to see if Clark had any role in creating that sack?

I clearly haven’t done these things either. I’m reserving judgment until probably Week 8 or so. As teams start adjusting, we’ll know more about him.

Someone on here even said that teams don’t gameplan for him. No one has any way of knowing that. Comments like that are so dumb.

He's a defensive end. He plays based on what the tackle is doing, not to what defense they call.

ChiefsFanatic
09-30-2019, 02:52 AM

We need a killer Linebacker and a shut down corner to round this thing out.I would like to see an in depth analysis of the plays where he was successful in Seattle, and compare his winning plays to what Spags is asking him to do now.

I have seen guys have a drop off when changing teams, or after getting paid, but what Frank Clark is experiencing isn't a drop off ,its more like a Weekend At Bernie's: NFL Edition.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

tyreekthefreak
09-30-2019, 04:48 AM
Yeah. I agree.

I'd say Eric Berry but the last time he actually played more than a few quarters Mahomes wasn't even on the ****ing team.

That's the ONLY play I remember Honey Badger making......that's a problem! He and Clark are making a ton of money and as of yet there has been very little return on those millions!!!!

Who's kidding who?

tyreekthefreak
09-30-2019, 04:50 AM
He's a defensive end. He plays based on what the tackle is doing, not to what defense they call.

Not on obvious passing downs!!! He gets ZERO push on passing plays! Slow and weak!

stumppy
09-30-2019, 05:40 AM

That's what I seen. It looks like, on average, teams put a lot of effort into taking Clark out of the play. He's done a pretty good job this year. Problem is, a lot of people were expecting a Kahlil Mack level player when he's not at that level of a player.
If we overpaid for Clark it wasn't by much.

mcaj22
09-30-2019, 07:40 AM
That's what I seen. It looks like, on average, teams put a lot of effort into taking Clark out of the play. He's done a pretty good job this year. Problem is, a lot of people were expecting a Kahlil Mack level player when he's not at that level of a player.

not by much? hes being paid as a top 5 defensive player in the entire league. they are on the hook for 27 million next year just for him. Hes not worth 27 million in any season on any planet, ever.

RunKC
09-30-2019, 07:46 AM

Pretty much my thoughts.

Khalil Mack went to a loaded defense that already had talent everywhere. Clark is on a team where the DT’s can’t stop the run, the LB’s and corners are suspect and a rookie Safety is taking his lumps.

Defense is a team effort. The whole unit has to play together.

Yes I know Mack still got sacks in Oakland, but there was a reason why. That guy got like 4 sacks in one game in Denver going against scrubs. I bet Clark will do the same against that shit OL i
Denver has.

DJ's left nut
09-30-2019, 07:50 AM
I thought Arrowhead pride did a great job of ripping people like you last week. I am not making it about you. You are just a cry baby which everyone knows. And most would do better to take the opposite side of any take you offer.

I do ever so love those that hide behind the skirts of a byline.

Arrowhead Pride did exactly what you and others in this thread have done for the last 4 weeks - you've assigned a pre-determined cause to what you're looking at.

That article said one thing that y'all seized on and said it poorly at that. It didn't even define what 'running away from' Clark is. Does that mean a stretch zone that the RB takes a cutback on? It very easily could mean that and that has nothing to do with Frank Clark; that's simply seeing a cutback lane and taking it. And the Ravens did a TON of that in that game but they didn't do it because of Frank Clark, they did it because a cutback up the middle on a stretch read will always yield a nice gain if that cutback opens up.

Moreover, it still did nothing to speak to the causation/correlation problem. Clark spent the first part of the game primarily on the weak side of the formation and the QBs left. Meanwhile the Ravens run right because they HAVE to if they're going to sell the RPO action (can't do an RPO left with Lamar Jackson). So they 'ran away' from Clark by the natural design of their offense. Additionally, that's where the TE is (more blockers) and where Marshall Yanda is. There are 3 very obvious reasons why the Ravens would've run to the right side and 'away' from Clark, but none of them are 'because Frank Clark is a scary, scary man'.

He didn't address the fact that they were still running right when Clark moved to the left. He didn't establish his methodology. He did nothing to attempt to parse causation from correlation at all.

He picked a conclusion and stated that conclusion and then provided little in the way of supporting argument or evidence for it.

Meanwhile, we have the same tired excuse making about Clark in this thread about his double teams and chips. Most elite pass-rushers don't have a teammate as good as Chris Jones, lads. Most of them get MORE attention than Frank Clark is getting. God, to listen to you people tell it, nobody has ever gotten chipped but Frank Clark. I mean it's CHIP people - he doesn't have snipers shooting at his fucking knees.

And as I've been saying all along - he's getting a TON of single-teamed reps and does nothing with them. Remember in the Jags game when I said "uh, guys - this cat's getting handled 1v1 by Tight Ends..." and y'all insisted that it was impossible because he's clearly a stud. Fellas - he's STILL getting handled 1v1 by tight ends. And tackles. And anyone else.

He's playing like ass. Let Arrowhide Pride do (bad) work for you all you want, but if you'd be willing to view his performance with any kind of critical eye, you'd realize he's playing extremely poorly.

dlphg9
09-30-2019, 08:08 AM

Arrowhead Pride did exactly what you and others in this thread have done for the last 4 weeks - you've assigned a pre-determined cause to what you're looking at.

That article said one thing that y'all seized on and said it poorly at that. It didn't even define what 'running away from' Clark is. Does that mean a stretch zone that the RB takes a cutback on? It very easily could mean that and that has nothing to do with Frank Clark; that's simply seeing a cutback lane and taking it. And the Ravens did a TON of that in that game but they didn't do it because of Frank Clark, they did it because a cutback up the middle on a stretch read will always yield a nice gain if that cutback opens up.

Moreover, it still did nothing to speak to the causation/correlation problem. Clark spent the first part of the game primarily on the weak side of the formation and the QBs left. Meanwhile the Ravens run right because they HAVE to if they're going to sell the RPO action (can't do an RPO left with Lamar Jackson). So they 'ran away' from Clark by the natural design of their offense. Additionally, that's where the TE is (more blockers) and where Marshall Yanda is. There are 3 very obvious reasons why the Ravens would've run to the right side and 'away' from Clark, but none of them are 'because Frank Clark is a scary, scary man'.

He didn't address the fact that they were still running right when Clark moved to the left. He didn't establish his methodology. He did nothing to attempt to parse causation from correlation at all.

He picked a conclusion and stated that conclusion and then provided little in the way of supporting argument or evidence for it.

Meanwhile, we have the same tired excuse making about Clark in this thread about his double teams and chips. Most elite pass-rushers don't have a teammate as good as Chris Jones, lads. Most of them get MORE attention than Frank Clark is getting. God, to listen to you people tell it, nobody has ever gotten chipped but Frank Clark. I mean it's CHIP people - he doesn't have snipers shooting at his ****ing knees.

And as I've been saying all along - he's getting a TON of single-teamed reps and does nothing with them. Remember in the Jags game when I said "uh, guys - this cat's getting handled 1v1 by Tight Ends..." and y'all insisted that it was impossible because he's clearly a stud. Fellas - he's STILL getting handled 1v1 by tight ends. And tackles. And anyone else.

He's playing like ass. Let Arrowhide Pride do (bad) work for you all you want, but if you'd be willing to view his performance with any kind of critical eye, you'd realize he's playing extremely poorly.

In the Ravens 1st 2 weeks they ran right 61% of the time. No one wants to touch that comment though. Also he's not just getting doubled teamed, he's now getting triple teamed!!!! If the guys at AP wanted to be more convincing about Frank being double teamed they could easily prove it. Just put a gif of all the plays in which he was double teamed, but they don't do that. They pick out 1 play that he was double teamed on (Usually not even an actual double team, because it's a 3-4 man rush, so a couple of lineman don't have anyone else to block) and then we get a gif of 1 or 2 plays in which he did well. Hell, sometimes those "good" plays are him whiffing on a tackle or a sack. I want this motherfucker to be elite, but he's not even close. He's pretty much Tyson Jackson.

DJ's left nut
09-30-2019, 08:13 AM

Jones gets easily as much attention as Clark, a fair amount more to my eyes, and continues to make an impact game in, game out.

Stop making excuses for this guy. He's one of the 5 highest paid defenders in the league and while he is drawing more focus than Ogbah, that doesn't make him worth anywhere close to what he's getting. Great players ALWAYS get attention and they're still great players.

If you're drawing attention and that attention is neutralizing you - you're just not a top-tier player. It doesn't mean you don't have a place on an NFL team, but it means you ain't worth anything resembling $20 million/season and a 1st and 2nd round pick.

In what world did getting chipped excuse a guy for being completely neutralized? Do you think Mack is left on an island? Do you think Houston was? Miller? Elite players draw that kind of attention all the time and still make a difference. Clark draws it and "well hey, he got chipped - that's a win no matter what happened, right?"

Unreal.

DJ's left nut
09-30-2019, 08:20 AM
In the Ravens 1st 2 weeks they ran right 61% of the time. No one wants to touch that comment though. Also he's not just getting doubled teamed, he's now getting triple teamed!!!! If the guys at AP wanted to be more convincing about Frank being double teamed they could easily prove it. Just put a gif of all the plays in which he was double teamed, but they don't do that. They pick out 1 play that he was double teamed on (Usually not even an actual double team, because it's a 3-4 man rush, so a couple of lineman don't have anyone else to block) and then we get a gif of 1 or 2 plays in which he did well. Hell, sometimes those "good" plays are him whiffing on a tackle or a sack. I want this motherfucker to be elite, but he's not even close. He's pretty much Tyson Jackson.

I hadn't seen that stat but yeah, that's largely the impression I got as well. From my seat and in real time I was thinking about 2/3 of their run plays started right (and many became cut-backs) (so I was a little high, but not much). And it didn't matter where Clark was when they were doing that - when he moved to the strong side, they kept running right. And of course that's what they did - again, they're an RPO team with a RH quarterback and an all-world RG. Duuuuuuuuuh.

Like you said, if they really wanted to make that argument well, it wouldn't have been hard provided that the evidence was there to do it. They didn't try to because they almost certainly couldn't. I did 'watch the games' and I guarantee I watched those plays more closely than anyone on this board because I was going to make a point of giving the dude a fair shake when I finally got to see him in person.

And from the stands he was worse than he has been on television.

And yet when some blogger tosses a throwaway line out there that states his conclusion as his supporting argument, I'm supposed to just turtle up and run home?

FFS, just how often should a player be run AT!? "Well he didn't get run at 50% of the time so he's clearly an elite run defender...."

C'mon.

It's just the excuse-making for this guy that drives me nuts.

DJ's left nut
09-30-2019, 08:24 AM
Pretty much my thoughts.

Khalil Mack went to a loaded defense that already had talent everywhere. Clark is on a team where the DT’s can’t stop the run, the LB’s and corners are suspect and a rookie Safety is taking his lumps.

Defense is a team effort. The whole unit has to play together.

Yes I know Mack still got sacks in Oakland, but there was a reason why. That guy got like 4 sacks in one game in Denver going against scrubs. I bet Clark will do the same against that shit OL i
Denver has.

Nnadi is an exceptional run stopper.

As for Jones and Williams - O.City (I think) mentioned Williams poor run support and I started talking about Jones weeks before your precious bloggers did.

Some of us here absolutely know what we're looking at. And what I'm looking at is Frank Clark being incredibly average.

smithandrew051
09-30-2019, 08:26 AM

Right, but to fully understand his performance you need to understand the entire defense.

For instance, if a blown coverage leads to an open receiver in less than 2 seconds, you can’t hold that against Clark for not getting pressure.

My point is that when other people blow their responsibilities, it can make Clark look worse.

I’m not saying he’s playing well by any stretch. I’m purely stating that it isn’t as easy to evaluate any player as some are claiming, especially when most of us just the live game and maybe a replay of the game once. Most likely, no one here is doing any sort of in-depth film study.

O.city
09-30-2019, 08:28 AM
Right, but to fully understand his performance you need to understand the entire defense.

For instance, if a blown coverage leads to an open receiver in less than 2 seconds, you can’t hold that against Clark for not getting pressure.

My point is that when other people blow their responsibilities, it can make Clark look worse.

I’m not saying he’s playing well by any stretch. I’m purely stating that it isn’t as easy to evaluate any player as some are claiming, especially when most of us just the live game and maybe a replay of the game once. Most likely, no one here is doing any sort of in-depth film study.

Again, though, that's not what some are saying here. For what they're giving him and gave up for him, he needs to be wrecking game plans.

He's not doing that.

Chiefs=Champions
09-30-2019, 08:32 AM
Again, though, that's not what some are saying here. For what they're giving him and gave up for him, he needs to be wrecking game plans.

He's not doing that.

He might not be wreaking game plans, but he certainly is heavily game planned against.

I havent watched the replay this week, but I suspect it's much like the first 3. Doubles, chips and running away from him. People want to act like the only defense of his play is a bias one, but having watched him closely every week via replay, I simply dont understand anyone who thinks he's playing poorly.

O.city
09-30-2019, 08:34 AM
He might not be wreaking game plans, but he certainly is heavily game planned against.

I havent watched the replay this week, but I suspect it's much like the first 3. Doubles, chips and running away from him. People want to act like the only defense of his play is a bias one, but having watched him closely every week via replay, I simply dont understand anyone who thinks he's playing poorly.

I don't necessarily think he's playing poorly, but again, for what he's being compensated and what they gave up, you need more.

He's supposed to be the cornerstone. Great players get attention and still make plays.

Chiefs=Champions
09-30-2019, 08:40 AM
I don't necessarily think he's playing poorly, but again, for what he's being compensated and what they gave up, you need more.

He's supposed to be the cornerstone. Great players get attention and still make plays.

Context is important. First 3 weeks he couldn't have done a whole lot more given the circumstances. Its over blown and I suspect he'll start getting stats soon and then everyone will be happy. I know bears fans who get frustrated with Mack disappearing. LMAO

notorious
09-30-2019, 10:12 AM
If he shows up in the playoffs you’ll know why he’s worth it.

If he doesn’t I’ll be his biggest hater.

smithandrew051
09-30-2019, 10:36 AM
If he shows up in the playoffs you’ll know why he’s worth it.

If he doesn’t I’ll be his biggest hater.

This is pretty much where I’m at.

Ford and Houston were schemed out of the Patriots game completely. We know they can’t help us agains the Pats.

If they do the same to Clark, I’ll be the first one to criticize the move. I’m just not ready to jump to conclusions about him after 4 games.

suzzer99
09-30-2019, 11:52 AM
Can anyone go back and review if he used to have actual pass rush moves? Because now he just seems to bull rush every time or do that stupid spin thing. He doesn't seem to have any kind of outside swim move at all.

-King-
09-30-2019, 12:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/lEoHs95.jpg

The lions weren't running away from anyone. They were running anywhere they damn well pleased and getting away with it

DJ's left nut
09-30-2019, 12:50 PM
The lions weren't running away from anyone. They were running anywhere they damn well pleased and getting away with it

#gameplanned

dlphg9
09-30-2019, 01:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/lEoHs95.jpg

Did you miss the part where everyone but the ball carrier blocked him and the other guys on D were playing with their dicks. Frank was such a force to be reckoned with!

dlphg9
09-30-2019, 01:40 PM
#gameplanned

Cant wait until some homer for AP finds some asinine reason to act like he had a good game. Maybe show a picture of Frank getting chipped and call it a double team, then say this happened all game, but can't show any other times it happened.

TambaBerry
09-30-2019, 02:11 PM
Cant wait until some homer for AP finds some asinine reason to act like he had a good game. Maybe show a picture of Frank getting chipped and call it a double team, then say this happened all game, but can't show any other times it happened.

glad you're a real fan and can support our guys

dlphg9
09-30-2019, 03:52 PM

Lmao, ok Chief Fan. It is alright to criticize the players.

Aspengc8
09-30-2019, 03:56 PM

wrong.

Here's a good refresher article since Spag's love over and under fronts.

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2016/3/3/11068312/defensive-line-technique-and-the-4-3-over-front

I've been collecting A22 clips and eventually will throw a post together with some good and bad stuff.

DJ's left nut
09-30-2019, 04:01 PM

This is the same shit people said when people had the audacity to say early on "hey guys - maybe this Matt Cassel fella kinda sucks..."

Nobody wants Frank Clark to fail. And very few people think he will continue to do so.

But pointing out that he's been a disappointment thus far isn't being hypercritical or unfair. It isn't being a 'bad fan'.

Little old ladies that yell at people in the stadium to sit down are the only people I generally meet that tell anyone who's being critical that they aren't good supporters of the team. You sound like a PTA mom.

HemiEd
09-30-2019, 04:20 PM

BullshitI just re-watched yesterdays game, specifically trying to keep my focus on Clark.

He is playing like a guy that got paid and wants to be healthy enjoying life after football with all of that money.

HE IS NOT BEING DOUBLED

PAChiefsGuy
09-30-2019, 04:25 PM
Clark has been very underwhelming so far but we still have 12-more games to go. That said I don't think Ford is any worse than Clark is if anything he might be better. So getting rid of Ford and signing Clark seemed like a stupid move to me and still does.

HemiEd
09-30-2019, 04:28 PM

Meanwhile, we have the same tired excuse making about Clark in this thread about his double teams and chips. Most elite pass-rushers don't have a teammate as good as Chris Jones, lads. Most of them get MORE attention than Frank Clark is getting. God, to listen to you people tell it, nobody has ever gotten chipped but Frank Clark. I mean it's CHIP people - he doesn't have snipers shooting at his ****ing knees.

:clap:

TambaBerry
09-30-2019, 04:45 PM
This is the same shit people said when people had the audacity to say early on "hey guys - maybe this Matt Cassel fella kinda sucks..."

Nobody wants Frank Clark to fail. And very few people think he will continue to do so.

But pointing out that he's been a disappointment thus far isn't being hypercritical or unfair. It isn't being a 'bad fan'.

Little old ladies that yell at people in the stadium to sit down are the only people I generally meet that tell anyone who's being critical that they aren't good supporters of the team. You sound like a PTA mom.

Saying he fucking sucks and bashing on everything he does is a little different

RaidersOftheCellar
09-30-2019, 05:09 PM
Had a bad feeling that he and Mathieu would be underwhelming. Not that they’re not worth having, but both were probably overvalued.

Gotta think that Ford would have been way more disruptive through 4 games than this. How many pressures does Ford have?

ThyKingdomCome15
09-30-2019, 05:11 PM
It's not like QB's have to hold onto the ball very long. Not to mention the run D that allows many third and mediums/shorts.

Chiefshrink
09-30-2019, 05:22 PM
FC and TM got paid. Nuff said.

Sassy Squatch
09-30-2019, 05:40 PM
Why are folks pining for Ford? The dude just got put on the injury report, again.

jonzie04
09-30-2019, 06:11 PM
wrong.

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2016/3/3/11068312/defensive-line-technique-and-the-4-3-over-front

I've been collecting A22 clips and eventually will throw a post together with some good and bad stuff.

Actually it isn't wrong. and except for run blitzes, and stunts (which are plain to see ) he is reading, and reacting to the tackle, and probably the RB.

Megatron96
09-30-2019, 06:16 PM
wrong.

This. Clark isn't playing the tackle. He's playing the QB and the RB. He's mostly reading/reacting. And he's pretty darn good at it.

MGRS13
09-30-2019, 06:21 PM
FC and TM got paid. Nuff said.

Seems to me best case you could say for him is he got paid and doesn't care, but I don't think that's true. I'm not a coach and I don't watch all 22 but from what I've seen is he's just not great, or not currently playing great. He doesn't seem to get off blocks well, and his spin move usually ends up as a 180 and he just seems to be pushing his ass towards the tackle. He appears to be trying he just doesn't look particularly good or strong really.

jonzie04
09-30-2019, 06:26 PM
This. Clark isn't playing the tackle. He's playing the QB and the RB. He's mostly reading/reacting. And he's pretty darn good at it.

He definitely plays the tackle. The tackle tells you everything you need to know. low hat, high hat, down block, drive block, reach block.

NFL QBs are too good to just read them lol... Watch an overlay of manning, theres almost zero difference in his drop step on a pass, or a run.

Of course Clark looks in the backfield, but he's playing the tackle too.

Megatron96
09-30-2019, 06:40 PM
He definitely plays the tackle. The tackle tells you everything you need to know. low hat, high hat, down block, drive block, reach block.

NFL QBs are too good to just read them lol... Watch an overlay of manning, theres almost zero difference in his drop step on a pass, or a run.

Of course Clark looks in the backfield, but he's playing the tackle too.

Right I should've been more precise. What I meant by "reading the QB" was that Frank's reading whether the QB is really handing off or not. Not where the QB is actually going to pass the ball. You can see his head moving from side to side checking the QB/RB merge, and see how he reacts based on which has the ball.

So what I should've said is that Clark isn't just playing the tackle.

lewdog
09-30-2019, 08:31 PM
Frank Clark is weaker than a clarinet solo.

comochiefsfan
09-30-2019, 10:04 PM
Beginning to get seriously concerned about Brett Veach.

His acquisitions, both through trade/free agency and the draft have by and large been massively underwhelming. Starting to think he has a problem with evaluating talent.

wazu
09-30-2019, 10:14 PM
Hated this trade when we made it, then decided maybe I was wrong after hearing all Frank Clark's words and hearing how good he was in training camp. Now I'm back to hating the trade. Seattle fleeced Veach.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2019, 10:15 PM

Eddie Van Halen's father laughs at this post and cashes another royalty check for "Big Bad Bill". :p

Titty Meat
09-30-2019, 10:18 PM
Hated this trade when we made it, then decided maybe I was wrong after hearing all Frank Clark's words and hearing how good he was in training camp. Now I'm back to hating the trade. Seattle fleeced Veach.

Who were they gonna get at the end of that round and you coldnt roll with ogbah speaks okafor as your ends.

Clark hasnt lived up to his deal but still has made some plays. To say he sucks is unfair. To say he hasnt played to his contract is totally fair.

dlphg9
09-30-2019, 10:19 PM

No he's not.

dlphg9
09-30-2019, 10:20 PM
Who were they gonna get at the end of that round and you coldnt roll with ogbah speaks okafor as your ends.

Clark hasnt lived up to his deal but still has made some plays. To say he sucks is unfair. To say he hasnt played to his contract is totally fair.

Keep Houston and draft a CB.

Aspengc8
09-30-2019, 10:22 PM
Actually it isn't wrong. and except for run blitzes, and stunts (which are plain to see ) he is reading, and reacting to the tackle, and probably the RB.

no he is playing his assigned gap and rush lane, just like the rest of the front 7/8. Problem with the run D has been the guys at the point of attack getting combo'ed then when the lineman peels to the lb, they cant disengage and have been driven back too far. Our LB's aren't getting off the block either. Run blitz, slant, stunt.. doesnt matter they all have 1 gap assigned whether its an under or over front. Another issue ive seen is a shift by the TE the line is not adjusting and the weak end is getting sealed. either a safety needs to come down when that happens and take the alley or they need to shift and reduce the end back down and have a LB on the line.

RealSNR
09-30-2019, 10:23 PM

Benny Goodman says go fuck yourself!!!!!!!!

Titty Meat
Keep Houston and draft a CB.

Nobody was going to keep Houston at that contract and he has as many sacks as Clark.

DJ's left nut

Sign Preston Smith and draft Byron Murphy.

And yes, I was high on Smith as a FA. Would've damn sure preferred him to giving picks AND the contract for Clark.

wazu
09-30-2019, 10:25 PM

He's the highest paid player in franchise history. And we gave up a 1st and a 2nd for him. And we'll almost certainly have to let Chris Jones go now, because we have Frank Clark instead. It's a disaster.

dlphg9
09-30-2019, 10:26 PM
I literally don't give a shit about run defense. We won't get beat because a team runs the ball. We need people that can get to the QB, like Chris Jones.

Aspengc8
09-30-2019, 10:48 PM
BullshitI just re-watched yesterdays game, specifically trying to keep my focus on Clark.

He is playing like a guy that got paid and wants to be healthy enjoying life after football with all of that money.

HE IS NOT BEING DOUBLED

comon' man, did you really rewatch it?

https://www.chiefs.com/video/alex-okafor-drops-matthew-stafford-for-huge-sack-on-3rd-and-goal

dlphg9
09-30-2019, 10:50 PM

https://seasons4u.com/CoachesFilm/Player/57952/2019092903

What'd you post?

RealSNR
09-30-2019, 10:53 PM
Why are folks pining for Ford?

Veach: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

Schneider: We're closing for the regular season.

Veach: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this Seahawk what I purchased not half a year ago from this very franchise.

Schneider: Oh yes, the Frank Clark... What's wrong with it?

Veach: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Schneider: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's getting chipped at the line.

Veach: Look, matey, I know a dead Seahawk when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Schneider: No no he's not dead! He's getting chipped at the line of scrimmage! Remarkable DE, the Frank Clark, idn'it, ay? Beautiful locker room presence!

Veach: The locker room presence don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Scheinder: Nononono, no, no! 'E's getting chipped at the line!

Veach: All right then, if he's getting chipped at the line, I'll run some wide 9 blitzes to wake him up! 'Ello, Mister Pass Rusher! I've got a lovely fresh QB for you if you beat the TE...

Schneider: There, he got a sack!

Veach: No, he didn't, that was Derek Carr running right into him!

Schneider: Never!!

Veach: Yes it was!

Veach: (yelling) 'ELLO FRANK!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! It's 3rd down an long! Time to make a play!!

*nothing happens*

Veach: Now that's what I call a dead pass rusher.

Schneider: No, no.....No, 'e's double-teamed!

Mr. Praline: Double-teamed?!?

Schneider: Yeah! He got double-teamed, just as you were dialing up pressure! Frank Clark attracts the attention of all blockers. Very dangerous looking pass rusher!

Veach: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That pass rusher is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf a year ago, you assured me that its total lack of an elite production season was due to it being tired after chasing around Russell Wilson in practice.

Schneider: Well, you're probably pining for Ford.

Veach: PININ' for FORD?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that? Look, why did he fall down the moment he engaged a shitty Jacksonville OT?

Schneider: Frank Clark prefers keepin' on the ground! Remarkable player, id'nit, squire? Lovely spin move! Beautiful run defense!

Veach: Look matey! 'E's passed on! This pass rusher is no more! He has ceased to be good! 'E's got his money and gone to fuck it away! 'E's a broke dick! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If I hadn't arbitrarily put in him the starting lineup 'e'd be backing up for the Miami Dolphins! 'Is QB pressures are now 'istory! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is NFL clout, run down the northern border and joined the bleedin' CFL!! THIS IS AN EX-PLAYER!!

New World Order
09-30-2019, 10:57 PM
LMAO

PAChiefsGuy
09-30-2019, 10:58 PM
I literally don't give a shit about run defense. We won't get beat because a team runs the ball. We need people that can get to the QB, like Chris Jones.

That's cause you are a fucking idiot. I dont think youd ever hear one HC in the NFL say 'We don't give a shit about run D'

What an idiotic take.

dlphg9
09-30-2019, 11:08 PM
That's cause you are a ****ing idiot. I dont think youd ever hear one HC in the NFL say 'We don't give a shit about run D'

What an idiotic take.

We will not lose a game because our run D sucks. We are giving up almost 6 yards per rush, which is one of the worst all time, and only giving up 23.5 PPG. That's good for 18th in ppg, which is middle of the pack. So we are giving up the 2nd (can't remember exactly what the tweet said) most yards per rush in the history of the league, but we are undefeated and we're still ranked 18th in ppg allowed. So a historically bad run D, but we're still average in the one ranking that matters PPG. So explain to me how run D matters.

Also I take it back, you are a douchebag loser.

Titty Meat
09-30-2019, 11:24 PM
Sign Preston Smith and draft Byron Murphy.

And yes, I was high on Smith as a FA. Would've damn sure preferred him to giving picks AND the contract for Clark.

Let's be honest nobody was pounding the table for Preston Smith he only had 4 sacks last year and its clear Veach during FA was focused on safety with Mathieu and thought be had Thomas too.

Nobody would confuse me for a fan of Veach or a Chiefs apologist. I hated the Clark trade but looking at it on draft day it made sense.

Rivaldo
09-30-2019, 11:24 PM
lol

we'll get bounced in the playoffs, like always, because our D sux.

Nice way to spend an evening though, I guess, dissecting a bunch of meaningless stats

Titty Meat
09-30-2019, 11:25 PM
He's the highest paid player in franchise history. And we gave up a 1st and a 2nd for him. And we'll almost certainly have to let Chris Jones go now, because we have Frank Clark instead. It's a disaster.

Nah I still think Jones will be back. Looking at the trade in hindsight plus the production was it too much? Yes. Does Clark "suck" even after 4 games I would say hes ok. Worth what weve paid 4 games in? No.

Titty Meat
09-30-2019, 11:29 PM
Btw folks go ahead and label me BossChief its cool.

Frank Clark the month of September last year 0 sacks.
October he had 1 sack.

I have conceded he hasnt played up to his contract thus far. A guy making that much should have more production.

Can I atleast use the it's only 4 games let's give him more time before we judge him overall excuse?

Titty Meat
09-30-2019, 11:31 PM
Back in 17 he had 1.5 sacks in September, 3 in October, in 16...

jonzie04
09-30-2019, 11:39 PM
no he is playing his assigned gap and rush lane, just like the rest of the front 7/8. Problem with the run D has been the guys at the point of attack getting combo'ed then when the lineman peels to the lb, they cant disengage and have been driven back too far. Our LB's aren't getting off the block either. Run blitz, slant, stunt.. doesnt matter they all have 1 gap assigned whether its an under or over front. Another issue ive seen is a shift by the TE the line is not adjusting and the weak end is getting sealed. either a safety needs to come down when that happens and take the alley or they need to shift and reduce the end back down and have a LB on the line.

He is Responsible for a gap (or two) but he is Playing/reading based on what the tackle does. I do agree with your assessment of our run defense issues though. I actually don't disagree with most anything you said, other than he doesn't read the tackle. Thats one of the first things youre taught as a D lineman. If he blocks down, get hands on him, look for pulling guard, backfield, can be counter, inside zone, etc.

dlphg9
10-01-2019, 12:02 AM
Btw folks go ahead and label me BossChief its cool.

Frank Clark the month of September last year 0 sacks.
October he had 1 sack.

I have conceded he hasnt played up to his contract thus far. A guy making that much should have more production.

Can I atleast use the it's only 4 games let's give him more time before we judge him overall excuse?

Yeah that's fine, it's really not even an excuse. Everyone wants him to be an elite level player, but he has barely been even mediocre.

Titty Meat
10-01-2019, 12:08 AM
Yeah that's fine, it's really not even an excuse. Everyone wants him to be an elite level player, but he has barely been even mediocre.

I'm not claiming hes been elite but if hes playing terrible were not 11th in sacks. Again he hasnt played to the price weve paid but to say he fucking sucks is a bit much and that's all I'm saying

dlphg9
10-01-2019, 12:52 AM
I'm not claiming hes been elite but if hes playing terrible were not 11th in sacks. Again he hasnt played to the price weve paid but to say he ****ing sucks is a bit much and that's all I'm saying

There are many on here that are acting like hes been a beast. If they are going to over exaggerate, then I can too. I mean he hasn't fucking sucked, but he's been below average to average. He isn't making any impact. He's the last one off the ball on about every snap and just gets owned by one blocker.

Chris Meck
10-01-2019, 04:47 AM
We will not lose a game because our run D sucks. We are giving up almost 6 yards per rush, which is one of the worst all time, and only giving up 23.5 PPG. That's good for 18th in ppg, which is middle of the pack. So we are giving up the 2nd (can't remember exactly what the tweet said) most yards per rush in the history of the league, but we are undefeated and we're still ranked 18th in ppg allowed. So a historically bad run D, but we're still average in the one ranking that matters PPG. So explain to me how run D matters.

Also I take it back, you are a douchebag loser.

If you can't stop the run, your pass rushers can't tee off on the opposing QB. If they can run for 5 and 6 yards a pop, they can keep your defense guessing.

Sacks come in bunches when an opposing offense is forced to pass and everyone in the stadium knows it. Defensive linemen don't have to worry about manning running lanes, they know they can just explode upfield and race to the QB.

Every game we lost last year, including the AFC championship game, we lost because we couldn't force the enemy to become one dimensional.

You don't understand football.

HemiEd
10-01-2019, 04:57 AM

https://www.chiefs.com/video/alex-okafor-drops-matthew-stafford-for-huge-sack-on-3rd-and-goal

Yes, yes I did.

Aspengc8
10-01-2019, 05:57 AM

HE IS NOT BEING DOUBLED

Yes, yes I did.

I'm guessing you just didn't count this as a double, amirite?

https://www.chiefs.com/video/alex-ok...n-3rd-and-goal

What'd you post?

I tried to link to some A-22 film but it won't load when I embed it.

mcaj22
10-01-2019, 06:06 AM

They just got beat last year in the AFC Championship game cause Sony Michel, who actually sucks, ran down their throats.

Guess whats going to happen this season?

Aspengc8
10-01-2019, 06:08 AM
He is Responsible for a gap (or two) but he is Playing/reading based on what the tackle does. I do agree with your assessment of our run defense issues though. I actually don't disagree with most anything you said, other than he doesn't read the tackle. Thats one of the first things youre taught as a D lineman. If he blocks down, get hands on him, look for pulling guard, backfield, can be counter, inside zone, etc.

Right- he does make a read based on where he is aligned but gap integrity is always going to be primary focus. Like in your example, if he is playing a 5 tech on the open side and the tackle blocks down then he will absolutely scrape down while watching for either a pulling guard, reverse or waggle action. I agree with what your saying. Some of the other posts are making out to sound like they have no responsibilities- just line up and go.

O.city
10-01-2019, 06:09 AM
They just got beat last year in the AFC Championship game cause Sony Michel, who actually sucks, ran down their throats.

They’ve lost 3 straight playoff games where they get demolished vs the run and people here saying it doesn’t matter?

htismaqe
10-01-2019, 06:30 AM
I mean he hasn't fucking sucked, but he's been below average to average.

This is true.

He isn't making any impact. He's the last one off the ball on about every snap and just gets owned by one blocker.

This is not true.

Why is it necessary to go to such hyperbolic lengths to disparage the guy?

He's not living up to expectations, that is true. He's not the 4th-best lineman. Not by a long shot.

Start watching the games.

dlphg9
10-01-2019, 06:56 AM

He didn't even average 4 ypc. We didn't stop the pass, that's why we lost.

mcaj22
10-01-2019, 07:32 AM

They gave up 176 yards and 4 touchdowns on the ground I dont care what the ypc is, that is terrible and unacceptable.

KChiefs1
10-01-2019, 07:49 AM
What did the Chiefs give up for this turd?

dlphg9
10-01-2019, 07:58 AM
They gave up 176 yards and 4 touchdowns on the ground I dont care what the ypc is, that is terrible and unacceptable.

Yes it's terrible, but it's not the reason we lost

lcarus
10-01-2019, 08:00 AM
Yes it's terrible, but it's not the reason we lost

Yep couldn't stop them on 3rd and long.

Our run D does suck big sweaty donkey dick too though.

DJ's left nut
10-01-2019, 10:18 AM

Veach: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this Seahawk what I purchased not half a year ago from this very franchise.

Veach: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

I don't know how I missed this but it's goddamn amazing.

htismaqe
10-01-2019, 10:34 AM

This.

Aspengc8
10-01-2019, 10:35 AM

Veach: Look, matey, I know a dead Seahawk when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Schneider: No no he's not dead! He's getting chipped at the line of scrimmage! Remarkable DE, the Frank Clark, idn'it, ay? Beautiful locker room presence!

Veach: The locker room presence don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Scheinder: Nononono, no, no! 'E's getting chipped at the line!

Veach: All right then, if he's getting chipped at the line, I'll run some wide 9 blitzes to wake him up! 'Ello, Mister Pass Rusher! I've got a lovely fresh QB for you if you beat the TE...

Schneider: There, he got a sack!

Veach: No, he didn't, that was Derek Carr running right into him!

Schneider: Never!!

Veach: Yes it was!

Veach: (yelling) 'ELLO FRANK!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! It's 3rd down an long! Time to make a play!!

*nothing happens*

Veach: Now that's what I call a dead pass rusher.

Schneider: No, no.....No, 'e's double-teamed!

Mr. Praline: Double-teamed?!?

Schneider: Yeah! He got double-teamed, just as you were dialing up pressure! Frank Clark attracts the attention of all blockers. Very dangerous looking pass rusher!

Veach: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That pass rusher is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf a year ago, you assured me that its total lack of an elite production season was due to it being tired after chasing around Russell Wilson in practice.

Schneider: Well, you're probably pining for Ford.

Veach: PININ' for FORD?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that? Look, why did he fall down the moment he engaged a shitty Jacksonville OT?

Schneider: Frank Clark prefers keepin' on the ground! Remarkable player, id'nit, squire? Lovely spin move! Beautiful run defense!

Veach: Look matey! 'E's passed on! This pass rusher is no more! He has ceased to be good! 'E's got his money and gone to **** it away! 'E's a broke dick! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If I hadn't arbitrarily put in him the starting lineup 'e'd be backing up for the Miami Dolphins! 'Is QB pressures are now 'istory! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is NFL clout, run down the northern border and joined the bleedin' CFL!! THIS IS AN EX-PLAYER!!

That is pretty damn good lol.

BossChief
10-01-2019, 10:52 AM
This may change, but so far

2018 Dee Ford > 2019 Frank Clark

Prove me wrong

BossChief
10-01-2019, 10:54 AM
Also...

Sure would be nice to have Clowney and RockYaSin and an extra huge contract over Clark.

Lots of time to right the ship, but so far this trade has been a huge bust.

htismaqe
10-01-2019, 10:55 AM

Prove me wrong

After 4 games? Look at their body of work. At least Frank Clark isn't hurt already, like Dee Ford.

saphojunkie
10-01-2019, 11:07 AM
this whole thread is facepalm worthy.

dlphg9
10-01-2019, 11:14 AM
After 4 games? Look at their body of work. At least Frank Clark isn't hurt already, like Dee Ford.

I'd take Dee Ford on w franchise tag over Frank Clark and everything it cost to get him, but no way in hell I take Ford if it includes a long term deal. The second he got paid I knew what he would do, get hurt. If he's playing for a contract, then he will play through a little injury.

htismaqe
10-01-2019, 11:15 AM
I'd take Dee Ford on w franchise tag over Frank Clark and everything it cost to get him, but no way in hell I take Ford if it includes a long term deal. The second he got paid I knew what he would do, get hurt. If he's playing for a contract, then he will play through a little injury.

Yeah, having $17M guaranteed sitting on the bench would be great for a Super Bowl run.

Letting Ford walk was the right thing to do, regardless of what happens with Clark.

RunKC
10-01-2019, 12:04 PM

Prove me wrong

Dee Ford is the worst thing to happen to the Chiefs, ever.

He can fuck off and die.

dlphg9
10-01-2019, 01:31 PM
Yeah, having $17M guaranteed sitting on the bench would be great for a Super Bowl run.

Letting Ford walk was the right thing to do, regardless of what happens with Clark.

Dee Ford on a franchise tag plays in pretty much every game. Dee Ford with a big contract and guaranteed money is sitting out at least half the season if not more with nagging injuries. I'd sign a RB to a big deal before I'd sign Dee Ford. He's got alot of talent, but all he cares about is the money and those are the guys you don't sign long term.

I googled him to find out what his injury was and find this crock of shit https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/24/former-kansas-city-chiefs-lb-dee-ford-claims-he-played-through-2018-with-torn-groin/amp/#aoh=15699576889507&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s . He claims that he played with a torn groin last year. Yeah I'm sure you did Dee. Says he has knee tendonitis but he will have to play through that. 49ers are a bunch of dumb shits. Giving a guy with constant knee and back problems a long term deal and trading a draft pick as well

KC Dan
10-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Dee Ford is the worst thing to happen to the Chiefs, ever.

He can **** off and die.
Yup, this! Cost us the first Chiefs Super Bowl appearance in 49 years. **** him

Lzen
10-01-2019, 01:39 PM

I agree with your post but Sony Michel averaged 4.5 ypc last year. He is struggling this year but he did not suck last year.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-01-2019, 01:40 PM
Clark isn’t even getting double teamed that much. He still can’t do shit

htismaqe
10-01-2019, 01:42 PM
Dee Ford on a franchise tag plays in pretty much every game. Dee Ford with a big contract and guaranteed money is sitting out at least half the season if not more with nagging injuries. I'd sign a RB to a big deal before I'd sign Dee Ford. He's got alot of talent, but all he cares about is the money and those are the guys you don't sign long term.

I googled him to find out what his injury was and find this crock of shit https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/24/former-kansas-city-chiefs-lb-dee-ford-claims-he-played-through-2018-with-torn-groin/amp/#aoh=15699576889507&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s . He claims that he played with a torn groin last year. Yeah I'm sure you did Dee. Says he has knee tendonitis but he will have to play through that. 49ers are a bunch of dumb shits. Giving a guy with constant knee and back problems a long term deal and trading a draft pick as well

Ford has never played back-to-back full seasons. He played 16 full games last year, and is claiming he did so hurt. He wasn't going to play 16 games this year, regardless of his contract situation.

Franchising him would have been monumentally stupid.

htismaqe
10-01-2019, 01:42 PM

Kind of like your history here on CP. Ironic.

Lzen
10-01-2019, 01:47 PM
I don't have the time and didn't really pay that close attention in the game but, I would love to see a breakdown of how often he gets doubled. And even better, I would like to see how he does when singled compared to doubled. Does he suck when singled? Or just the times he's doubled. Obviously, this would have to be done by someone who understands how the plays are supposed to work.

dlphg9
10-01-2019, 01:48 PM

That I absolutely agree with the part about him not getting double teamed at all. I try to focus on him as much as I possibly can, but sometimes I miss a play or get distracted watching someone else, so I don't see all his plays, but I can honestly say I've only seen him being legit double teamed once or twice.

I need to find a way to watch the games again and solely focus on him, but I only have antenna and no DVR. I'm gonna see if I can download them off Kodi. I wanna watch all of his plays.

DJ's left nut
10-01-2019, 01:59 PM
I don't have the time and didn't really pay that close attention in the game but, I would love to see a breakdown of how often he gets doubled. And even better, I would like to see how he does when singled compared to doubled. Does he suck when singled? Or just the times he's doubled. Obviously, this would have to be done by someone who understands how the plays are supposed to work.

He does get doubled on occasion. But it's not as much as the other 'elite' ends get doubled because he has Jones right there alongside him also drawing attention (and he's not forcing the issue; he's not playing at an elite level).

He gets chipped (not a double) and there are times when the play design will leave a blocker without anyone in front of him so he'll find someone to hit. I noticed that a few times last Sunday; the G would be left without anyone to block so he'd go put a pop on Clark. That's not a designed double either. A twist where the T and G both lock on the same guy isn't a double; it's a mistake.

Teams are not making it truly easy on Clark, nor are they making it inordinately hard. He has plenty of opportunities to do damage out there and and when has them, he does little with them. And that's the big problem.

Nobody is expecting Clark to wreck guys on every play. But the "DPOY Candidate" he was held out to be does a LOT more with the opportunities he's had. And draws even more attention in the form of designed true double teams than he's gotten.

People are saying we should move Jones to DE to free him up some but if Clark would be a hell of a lot more dangerous than he's been, that would be HUGE for Jones. Because now he's getting more than just a simple chip and that helps out Jones inside. And on those plays where he's simply being addressed straight up by a T, maybe those become plays where he gets a chip instead and we see some benefit there as well.

Let's quantify it a bit. If your average NFL starter gets a '5' for attention on a 1-10 scale, I think it's fair to say that Ogbah's been getting about that; very little 'extra' attention paid to him but he's not exactly ignored. He's getting conventional attention. Okafor in the same range. Jones has been getting a 9. Clark's probably been getting a 7.

And what needs to happen is that he either A) Needs to be dangerous enough to draw that 9 himself or B) needs to do more with the 7 that he's presently getting.

Getting a little more attention than normal and in the process becoming essentially a non-factor for 80% of the game isn't an acceptable result for a guy with his contract who the Chiefs paid this much to get.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-01-2019, 02:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Totals through 4 games:<br><br>Double teams: 13<br>C/G Help: 8<br>Chips: 12<br>1v1: 105</p>&mdash; Jared (@OShowKCJared) <a href="https://twitter.com/OShowKCJared/status/1178913204124160000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

el borracho
10-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Is it too late to get back Justin Houston and our draft picks? :(

MIAdragon
10-01-2019, 02:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Totals through 4 games:<br><br>Double teams: 13<br>C/G Help: 8<br>Chips: 12<br>1v1: 105</p>&mdash; Jared (@OShowKCJared) <a href="https://twitter.com/OShowKCJared/status/1178913204124160000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

disappointment

RaidersOftheCellar
10-01-2019, 02:05 PM
Hoping that Clark turns it around (and obviously he will to some extent), but I'm fearful that he was just flat out overrated.

I watched his 2018 highlights, and I certainly didn't see the dominant physical presence that we heard about. Frankly, he even seems kind of weak. Half the time, he can barely get the players to the ground (remember when he had to piggyback Jackson for 10 minutes until they blew the whistle).

Most of his sacks seem to be either coverage sacks or sacks that fell into his lap. He rarely seems to blow up a lineman or make a good move.

The most disappointing thing is that he just doesn't seem that powerful.

Hate to say it, but I think we're going to regret letting Ford go. Like him or not, that dude was consistently up the QB's ass and disrupting plays.

DJ's left nut
10-01-2019, 02:05 PM

Well I'll be fucked.

Dude just laid out exactly the spadework I was looking for.

Yeah, the "He's getting doubled every snap" thing is nonsense and anyone who's actually made a point to watch him knows better.

I suspect the loudest defenders in this thread haven't made that effort. They're simply waiting for someone else to do the shovel work for them and hoping that Arrowhead Pride will bail them out.

Now as is always the case when using someone else's work, you can't take this exactly at face value. That said - add a full 20% to the 'help' snaps and take 20% away from the 1v1 snaps and you're still seeing a whooooole lot of singled up opportunities for Clark that he's been a non-factor in.

Guys - argue that he'll get better. That's fine and there's some justification for the hope. But you have GOT to stop making excuses for his performance thus far.

If you think you've seen a player who's truly made much of an impact out there, I don't know what game you're watching.

DJ's left nut
10-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Here's the tweet anyone would want to use to really check his work:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JAX Totals:<br><br>Double teams: 4<br>C/G Help: 2<br>Chips: 3<br>1v1: 22 1v1 (3 vs TEs)<br><br>OAK Totals:<br><br>Double teams: 3<br>C/G Help: 2<br>Chips: 4<br>1v1: 28<br><br>BAL Totals:<br><br>Double teams: 3<br>C/G Help: 2<br>Chips: 2<br>1v1: 28<br><br>DET Totals:<br><br>Double teams: 3<br>C/G Help: 2<br>Chips: 2<br>1v1: 27 (3 vs TEs)<br><br>(5/?)</p>&mdash; Jared (@OShowKCJared) <a href="https://twitter.com/OShowKCJared/status/1178913205294419968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You can pick a single game, watch it and see how close to his charting you get. That would be a hell of a lot easier than trying to parse through all 4 games and trying to peg his overall numbers.

I'll note, that there have been 2 games where I specifically noted him getting isolated in pass pro by tight ends (and mentioned it here) and those are the two games this guy specifically mentioned TEs going 1v1 with Clark.

It's not a mirage, fellas. It really and truly isn't. And I didn't just make that shit up. I don't feel any need to cede my opinion to a blogger because I know what I'm looking at.

He isn't playing well.

KCUnited
10-01-2019, 02:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/c5DVlLy.jpg?1

MTG#10
10-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Frank Clark doesn't suck, he's playing decent. If his contract was league average nobody would be bitching. The issue is so far is he's not worth even close to how much cap space he's taking up.

-King-
10-01-2019, 02:48 PM

How is he on the bench? He has started all 3 games and has 2 sacks.

Megatron96
10-01-2019, 02:53 PM
I don't think that guy got his numbers right. of course, I'll have to re-watch the games again and this time I'll note every snap, but I'm pretty sure those aren't correct.

-King-
10-01-2019, 02:56 PM
Is it too late to get back Justin Houston and our draft picks? :(
Or get Clowney for a 2020 3rd round pick.

DJ's left nut
10-01-2019, 02:57 PM
I don't think that guy got his numbers right. of course, I'll have to re-watch the games again and this time I'll note every snap, but I'm pretty sure those aren't correct.

They do seem a little low, even from someone that's been critical of Clark.

But like I said - give him a 20% kicker and it's still pretty clear that Clark's not getting 'doubled every snap'. He isn't. He hasn't been. It's easily as often as not that he's being handled 1v1.

I'm not gonna sit down and re-watch the game because I watched in real time and know for a fact that he isn't getting doubled with nearly the frequency his supporters are claiming. It's just not happening. If it's as infrequently as that guy says it is, I'll have to amend my stance from "He's been frightfully average" to something far closer to the thread title.

The Chiefs need much, much more out of him.

Megatron96
10-01-2019, 03:01 PM
They do seem a little low, even from someone that's been critical of Clark.

But like I said - give him a 20% kicker and it's still pretty clear that Clark's not getting 'doubled every snap'. He isn't. He hasn't been. It's easily as often as not that he's being handled 1v1.

I'm not gonna sit down and re-watch the game because I watched in real time and know for a fact that he isn't getting doubled with nearly the frequency his supporters are claiming. It's just not happening. If it's as infrequently as that guy says it is, I'll have to amend my stance from "He's been frightfully average" to something far closer to the thread title.

The Chiefs need much, much more out of him.

Something's off though. I re-watched the Baltimore game just a couple days ago using the Coach's Film thing on NFL.com and was idly counting the number of times Clark was singled up, and only came up with something under ten times. There's no way that's right, or this Jared guy is flat wrong.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-01-2019, 03:09 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To address your question specifically, I didn&#39;t look at whether he was winning or not. Was focused on the other team and their OL.<br><br>Just impressions though: his bullrushes tend to create havoc and collapse the pocket. His speed rushes tend to be stopped or ridden out of the play.</p>&mdash; Jared (@OShowKCJared) <a href="https://twitter.com/OShowKCJared/status/1179120587026776064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TambaBerry
10-01-2019, 03:11 PM
I don't believe those stats at all. He has been disappointing and even he knows it

HemiEd
10-01-2019, 03:33 PM

I really want him to be what he was supposed to be, but he is not even beating singles.

I re-watched the Detroit game and he may have been doubled twice randomly.

Maybe it is because he is maintaining his assignment? Hell, I don't know for sure, but he is not dominating anything.

Maybe that is the scheme?

RunKC
10-01-2019, 03:46 PM

Clark hasn’t lived up to the value of what we traded for and he himself has been hard on himself but these are just numbers without context.

105 single blocks does not mean the hyperbole that they state. These stats from twitter are always hilarious bc they lack context LMAO

How many of those passes were released in 2.5 or less seconds? Derek Carr has the fastest release in football. How many of the single coverage designs were bc he released the ball quickly?

Did you know both of Carr’s INT’s against us were quick releases?

How many times was Clark single covered against Lamar Jackson and missed due to Lamar being an elite athlete?

As Clay mentioned, this was with Clark being double blocked. Almost any other QB and this is a sack. Let’s look at context before declaring this guy to be Breeland Speaks level of bad.

https://i.imgur.com/6CCtm4e.jpg

JakeF
10-01-2019, 06:50 PM
Houston and Clark have very similar numbers even though Houston is playing 10% less defensive snaps.

I have yet to see a play where Clark has looked elite.

dlphg9
10-01-2019, 07:28 PM
Clark hasn’t lived up to the value of what we traded for and he himself has been hard on himself but these are just numbers without context.

105 single blocks does not mean the hyperbole that they state. These stats from twitter are always hilarious bc they lack context LMAO

How many of those passes were released in 2.5 or less seconds? Derek Carr has the fastest release in football. How many of the single coverage designs were bc he released the ball quickly?

How many times was Clark single covered against Lamar Jackson and missed due to Lamar being an elite athlete?

As Clay mentioned, this was with Clark being double blocked. Almost any other QB and this is a sack. Let’s look at context before declaring this guy to be Breeland Speaks level of bad.

Lmao, ok man. You spin that top as fast as you can.

Megatron96
10-01-2019, 07:36 PM

Just watched the tape on this play for the third time Saturday afternoon. Clark had to beat that double block twice to get to that point. Lamar sees him beat it for the second time, and literally jumps backwards about six feet. Thinking maybe three QBs can make a similar move with that kind of athleticism.

Prison Bitch
10-01-2019, 07:39 PM
He keeps his assignments.

He sets the edge.

-King-
10-01-2019, 07:42 PM

Frank Clark is the only DE in the NFL that gets double teamed, chip blocked, and goes against QBs with quick releases. Also he's only one that does it in 100 degree days.

MahiMike
10-01-2019, 07:45 PM
More proof you have to pay these prima donas by the week.

TambaBerry
10-01-2019, 07:48 PM
If anybody honestly thinks he is just going through the motions because he got paid are dipshits. The dude has bonuses built into his contract for better pay. I'm not worried about him yet, if by week 8 he hasn't turned it around that's when I'll be pissed off

el borracho
10-01-2019, 08:26 PM

He sets the edge.

He says “please” and “thank you”.
He always leaves the toilet seat down.

el borracho
10-01-2019, 08:28 PM
He eats french fries with a knife and fork.
He squeezes the toothpaste from the bottom.

el borracho
10-01-2019, 08:31 PM
He keeps his lawn trim.
He never wears white after Labor Day.

New World Order
10-01-2019, 08:33 PM

He sets the edge.

LMAO

New World Order
10-01-2019, 08:35 PM
He says “please” and “thank you”.
He always leaves the toilet seat down.

He's gotta high motor.

htismaqe
10-01-2019, 09:05 PM
The only thing more disappointing than Clark’s play thus far is the number of weeping vaginas here whining about it.

htismaqe
10-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Guys - argue that he'll get better. That's fine and there's some justification for the hope.

Tried that already. The whiners don’t want to hear it. He sucks, he’s always going to suck. End of story.

-King-
10-01-2019, 09:11 PM
The only thing more disappointing than Clark’s play thus far is the number of weeping vaginas here whining about it.

This. The same people bitching shit this are the same people who bitched about taking Tyson Jackson at 3rd overall. They just don't get how important taking double teams are. Sometimes you have to draft a guy 3rd overall or give up a 1st and 2nd round pick for that kind of production

-King-
10-01-2019, 09:12 PM
Tried that already. The whiners don’t want to hear it. He sucks, he’s always going to suck. End of story.

Can you please quote the posts that say he's always going to suck? Thanks.

htismaqe
10-01-2019, 09:13 PM
This. The same people bitching shit this are the same people who bitched about taking Tyson Jackson at 3rd overall. They just don't get how important taking double teams are. Sometimes you have to draft a guy 3rd overall or give up a 1st and 2nd round pick for that kind of production

Yep. They’re the same guys that declared Tamba Hali a bust 15 minutes after he was drafted too.

htismaqe
10-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Can you please quote the posts that say he's always going to suck? Thanks.

He didn’t say it. Never said he did.

-King-
10-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Person 1: I don't think Clark has played well in our 4 games. Especially relative to the resources the chiefs spent on him.

Person 2: YOU DUMB FUCKS EXPECT 10 SACKS A GAME. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL! DO YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAMES?

Person 1: No I don't expect 10 sacks a game. But I do expect a lot more impact from him. He's sucked the last 4 games and I expect a lot from a player we gave up so much for, both in draft picks and salary cap space

Person 2: YOU THINK HE SUCKS AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK HUH? YOU CANT WAIT 16 GAMES BEFORE EVALUATING HIM?

Person 1: No, I don't think that but I'm just evaluating the games I've seen so far...

Person 2: YOU DUMBASS! YOU THINK YOU CAN JUDGE A PLAYER BASED ON ONLY 4 GAMES?

Ad nauseum

-King-
10-01-2019, 09:19 PM
He didn’t say it. Never said he did.

Wut? You said the whiners are saying that Clark is always going to suck. I asked you to quote those posts...

htismaqe
10-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Person 1: I don't think Clark has played well in our 4 games. Especially relative to the resources the chiefs spent on him.

Person 2: YOU DUMB FUCKS EXPECT 10 SACKS A GAME. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL! DO YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAMES?

Person 1: No I don't expect 10 sacks a game. But I do expect a lot more impact from him. He's sucked the last 4 games and I expect a lot from a player we gave up so much for, both in draft picks and salary cap space

Person 2: YOU THINK HE SUCKS AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK HUH? YOU CANT WAIT 16 GAMES BEFORE EVALUATING HIM?

Person 1: No, I don't think that but I'm just evaluating the games I've seen so far...

Ad nauseum

ROFL

Textbook projection. Go back and actually read the thread.

FRANK CLARK FUCKING SUCKS.

No, he doesn’t.

YES HE DOES.

He was good in Seattle.

HE SUCKS!

It’s a whole new staff, new scheme, 5 new starters. Give it some time?

HE SUCKS!

We can play this game all day. You know full well what this thread is about and you know damn well that any attempt to be hopeful or positive about the situation has been met with nothing but derision.

Frank Clark hasn’t played well to date. Several of us have said that many times already only to get treated like garbage because we won’t jump off into the deep end.

It’s typical CP. if there’s nothing to be miserable about, invent something and then try to drag everybody else into it.

Chiefs=Champions
10-01-2019, 09:41 PM

Ad nauseum

There's been plenty of civil conversation about Clark. I completely disagree with your narrative, but I'm certainly open to the discussion. I think context matters and from what I've seen Clark has been very sound and disruptive against the run, while being ok in pass rush against the attention he's receiving. People want to say but he's only been doubled 13 times or chipped this many, but when are they doing it? Detroit was chipping and doubling in obvious pass rushing situations, while also doing a great job of getting the ball out quickly. I think he can do better, but I think as Mecca said, Clark has been a real team player in terms of gap control and keeping contain. I fully expect him to have better stats soon and given the nature of teams weve played I think he's been doing a much better job than a Jones who's shooting gaps and giving plenty of ground in the run game.

Megatron96
10-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Fellas, I just watched the coach's film of the Lions game, and watched the coach's film of the Ravens game again Saturday. Frank Clark doesn't suck. And neither does Spag's defense. There is an obvious method to what the defense is doing. They just need to tighten things up some more. But I think they might be visibly better by week 8 to 10. A lot depends on the linebacker play.

He's playing the assignment he's being given. In the Ravens game he was being asked to play contain a lot, and also basically clean up. It's obvious after viewing the film a couple times. He has a few plays where he's obviously free-lancing, but the rest of the time he's playing the scheme.

It's the same thing in the Lions game, although it's less about containment and more about keeping the RBs and Stafford to the inside of his position.

They also had him and Jones playing as decoys on several plays. They had both of then lined up on the same side several times where they both absorbed double teams, leaving everyone else singled up. At least twice this resulted in KPass or someone else quickly beating their man and nearly getting to Stafford.

Stafford twice threw perfect balls to Galladay. Elite-level passes. Not much you can do about that.

I do think that there might be an issue with Clark's wrist or elbow. A couple times during the Lions game you can see that he's either one-handing a blocker or just holding his hand in an odd position post-play.

Anyway, I'll make a more complete report when I get a chance in a couple days, maybe complete with video clips. But if you have access to NFL.com Game Pass and the coach's film option, check it out. Watch the Raiders game a couple times and then the Lions game. It's pretty obvious after a couple times through.

FAX
10-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Based on my impressions of the All-22, my inclination is to agree with Mr. Megatron96 on this subject.

I wish I knew the actual assignments ... but to me, it appears the issue we're having with the run game is primarily associated with linebacker play.

Additionally, we've only schemed up a few "games" with the DL so far this year (Daly's specialty) which causes me to believe the guys are still getting comfortable with the base calls and the overall scheme.

One ALL the defenders are able to grasp the system, we'll be able to play faster and more effectively across the board. And that includes Clark.

FAX

Titty Meat
10-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Dee Ford and Justin Houston Combined Stats:
Sacks-3
Solo-9 AST-5
FF-1 FR-1 INT-0
Qb Hits-5
PD-1
TFL-2

Frank Clark and Emanuel Ogbah-
Sacks-3.5
Solo-11 AST-8
FF-1 FR-0 INT-1
Qb Hits-5
TFL-7
PD-2

Add Okafor to this an it’s not close. Settle down.

#ChiefsKingdom

J Diddy
10-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Tldr.

Clark?

He good?

Megatron96
10-01-2019, 10:19 PM
Based on my impressions of the All-22, my inclination is to agree with Mr. Megatron96 on this subject.

I wish I knew the actual assignments ... but to me, it appears the issue we're having with the run game is primarily associated with linebacker play.

Additionally, we've only schemed up a few "games" with the DL so far this year (Daly's specialty) which causes me to believe the guys are still getting comfortable with the base calls and the overall scheme.

One ALL the defenders are able to grasp the system, we'll be able to play faster and more effectively across the board. And that includes Clark.

FAX

Hey, stop with the "Mr.," stuff. It's Mega, or Tron, or MT, or just Rich. I just turned 50 yesterday, and the last thing I need is to be called "Mister."

J Diddy
10-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Hey, stop with the "Mr.," stuff. It's Mega, or Tron, or MT, or just Rich. I just turned 50 yesterday, and the last thing I need is to be called "Mister."

Ms?

Chiefs=Champions
10-01-2019, 11:03 PM
Fellas, I just watched the coach's film of the Lions game, and watched the coach's film of the Ravens game again Saturday. Frank Clark doesn't suck. And neither does Spag's defense. There is an obvious method to what the defense is doing. They just need to tighten things up some more. But I think they might be visibly better by week 8 to 10. A lot depends on the linebacker play.

He's playing the assignment he's being given. In the Ravens game he was being asked to play contain a lot, and also basically clean up. It's obvious after viewing the film a couple times. He has a few plays where he's obviously free-lancing, but the rest of the time he's playing the scheme.

It's the same thing in the Lions game, although it's less about containment and more about keeping the RBs and Stafford to the inside of his position.

They also had him and Jones playing as decoys on several plays. They had both of then lined up on the same side several times where they both absorbed double teams, leaving everyone else singled up. At least twice this resulted in KPass or someone else quickly beating their man and nearly getting to Stafford.

Stafford twice threw perfect balls to Galladay. Elite-level passes. Not much you can do about that.

I do think that there might be an issue with Clark's wrist or elbow. A couple times during the Lions game you can see that he's either one-handing a blocker or just holding his hand in an odd position post-play.

Anyway, I'll make a more complete report when I get a chance in a couple days, maybe complete with video clips. But if you have access to NFL.com Game Pass and the coach's film option, check it out. Watch the Raiders game a couple times and then the Lions game. It's pretty obvious after a couple times through.

Yep this. Thanks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-01-2019, 11:05 PM
I really hate that its come to this. I hope Clark gets it turned around by mid season or sooner.

ChiefsFanatic
10-02-2019, 12:58 AM

FAXI thought we would see more games and stunts from Spags, but we just don't. I think that we are easy to block because we never really vary our attack at the LOS. Sure, Jones makes some plays, and we have run some safety blitzes that past couple of games, but when I watch the defensive line and front seven of other teams, they always seem to be more creative than we are.

ChiefsFanatic
10-02-2019, 12:59 AM

Anyway, I'll make a more complete report when I get a chance in a couple days, maybe complete with video clips. But if you have access to NFL.com Game Pass and the coach's film option, check it out. Watch the Raiders game a couple times and then the Lions game. It's pretty obvious after a couple times through.I find it hard to describe any defense that gives up 6 yards per carry as "does not suck."

UChieffyBugger
10-02-2019, 03:14 AM
Aaron Donald and JJ Watt have also had slow starts this season when it comes to sacks...so i'm not too concerned right now tbh. Judging Clark off the back of what our DL did last year is simply unfair..it was a perfect storm with Jones, Ford, Houston and Bailey all going on a rampage. They'd been together for years though so we've got to give these guys time to gel.

DJ's left nut
10-02-2019, 08:16 AM
For the record - THIS is the kind of attention an elite DE gets:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Triple-teaming Khalil Mack is the smartest thing you can do <a href="https://t.co/8puuCSGelS">pic.twitter.com/8puuCSGelS</a></p>&mdash; Barstool Chicago (@barstoolchicago) <a href="https://twitter.com/barstoolchicago/status/1178442071969091586?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dude gets chipped by the TE, chipped by the RB AND double-teamed. He's impacts 4 !@#$ing players on that play.

THAT'S how elite players are treated. This 'he got chipped by the RB so he shouldn't be expected to accomplish anything' nonsense is hilarious. There was another play last week where he got doubled AND held and still got the sack.

All good players get attention - truly great ones get a ton of it and oftentimes still impact the play.

Megatron96
10-02-2019, 04:29 PM
Ms?

You better buy me dinner first . . .

WhiteWhale
10-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Aaron Donald and JJ Watt have also had slow starts this season when it comes to sacks...so i'm not too concerned right now tbh. Judging Clark off the back of what our DL did last year is simply unfair..it was a perfect storm with Jones, Ford, Houston and Bailey all going on a rampage. They'd been together for years though so we've got to give these guys time to gel.

I can't speak for everyone.

I've defended him. I only judge him on the play-to-play impact he makes.

Which, right now, is minimal. He cost KC draft capital and a big chunk of the salary cap. As of right now, I'd like someone to explain how he's better than Justin ****ing Houston. Let alone Kalil Mack.

He has to be better. Anyone who disagrees has their head up their ****ing ass. Tell me if he finishes the season at this pace you'll be satisfied and I'll laugh at you.

He's on pace for under 40 tackles and 4 sacks. I'd like to think 20 ****ing million a year can buy more than THAT.

He NEEDS a big impact game. Soon.

RealSNR
10-02-2019, 07:08 PM
I can't speak for everyone.

I've defended him. I only judge him on the play-to-play impact he makes.

Which, right now, is minimal. He cost KC draft capital and a big chunk of the salary cap. As of right now, I'd like someone to explain how he's better than Justin ****ing Houston. Let alone Kalil Mack.

He has to be better. Anyone who disagrees has their head up their ****ing ass. Tell me if he finishes the season at this pace you'll be satisfied and I'll laugh at you.

He's on pace for under 40 tackles and 4 sacks. I'd like to think 20 ****ing million a year can buy more than THAT.

He NEEDS a big impact game. Soon.

UR JUST OBSESSED WITH SAX!

WhiteWhale
10-02-2019, 07:10 PM
UR JUST OBSESSED WITH SAX!

Give me Frank Clark ****ing up an offensive passing game with constant pressure and 5 QB hits and 0 sacks. Just make an impact.

It's tired. 4 games is enough. My patience is waning. Pass rushers are streaky, I get it... but 4 games without a real 'impact' game? C'mon. Time to get going.

RustShack
10-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Maybe we aren’t seeing all the stunts and defense playing up to it’s potential because it’s most of their first year playing together, and everyone’s first year with this coaching staff. Maybe it’s more vanilla at the moment.

WhiteWhale
10-02-2019, 07:15 PM
For the record - THIS is the kind of attention an elite DE gets:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Triple-teaming Khalil Mack is the smartest thing you can do <a href="https://t.co/8puuCSGelS">pic.twitter.com/8puuCSGelS</a></p>&mdash; Barstool Chicago (@barstoolchicago) <a href="https://twitter.com/barstoolchicago/status/1178442071969091586?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dude gets chipped by the TE, chipped by the RB AND double-teamed. He's impacts 4 !@#$ing players on that play.

THAT'S how elite players are treated. This 'he got chipped by the RB so he shouldn't be expected to accomplish anything' nonsense is hilarious. There was another play last week where he got doubled AND held and still got the sack.

All good players get attention - truly great ones get a ton of it and oftentimes still impact the play.

It was a mistake to bring Mack into the conversation (Clark is clearly and obviously not in his caliber, as is nearly nobody else) and I tried to warn against it.

I had expectations of Clark. I defended him. We're 1/4 through the season. He's not living up to my expectations.

Chris Jones gets more ****ing criticism on this site and he's double teamed WAY more often than Frank Clark AND he makes a much bigger impact.

WhiteWhale
10-02-2019, 07:17 PM
Maybe we aren’t seeing all the stunts and defense playing up to it’s potential because it’s most of their first year playing together, and everyone’s first year with this coaching staff. Maybe it’s more vanilla at the moment.

Maybe excuses are like assholes.

They've had training camp, preseason, and now 4 games.

Time to get BETTER.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2019, 07:23 PM
King absolutely wrecked ROFL

mcaj22
10-02-2019, 08:35 PM

100 million dollars for a DE to play contain or within the scheme? You can get a third rounder to do that. Thats a complete failure from front office standpoint.

Megatron96
10-02-2019, 08:44 PM
100 million dollars for a DE to play contain or within the scheme? You can get a third rounder to do that. Thats a complete failure from front office standpoint.

If that's all they have him do this season I would totally agree with you. But obviously, they know he's far too talented for that. And too expensive.

So they must have a plan. I just don't know what it is yet. All I do know is that Spags and Daly are having him play inside this scheme for what looks like the majority of the game. For now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2019, 09:16 PM

And there it was.

Lzen
10-03-2019, 07:58 AM

I don't know who this Jared person is so we don't know how legitimate his take is. But if this is correct, then Clark is basically single blocked 75% of the time. If that is truly the case then yeah, he has not lived up to the billing so far. Not even close.

Lzen
10-03-2019, 08:00 AM
Hoping that Clark turns it around (and obviously he will to some extent), but I'm fearful that he was just flat out overrated.

I watched his 2018 highlights, and I certainly didn't see the dominant physical presence that we heard about. Frankly, he even seems kind of weak. Half the time, he can barely get the players to the ground (remember when he had to piggyback Jackson for 10 minutes until they blew the whistle).

Most of his sacks seem to be either coverage sacks or sacks that fell into his lap. He rarely seems to blow up a lineman or make a good move.

The most disappointing thing is that he just doesn't seem that powerful.

Hate to say it, but I think we're going to regret letting Ford go. Like him or not, that dude was consistently up the QB's ass and disrupting plays.

I can't argue with most of this post. I can see it going either way. But the last part about Ford, I disagree. Ford is injured way too often. Not worth giving him a big contract.

O.city
10-03-2019, 11:13 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheRealFrankC_</a> is seeing a lot of double teams but he expects that and has a plan when he sees it; expectations are high when the wallet gets filled. The effort is their; the production has to be better. I think Frank knows that; needs a breakout game <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BaldysBreakdowns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BaldysBreakdowns</a> <a href="https://t.co/fivyKTB8uj">pic.twitter.com/fivyKTB8uj</a></p>&mdash; Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1179805685099442179?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Aspengc8
10-03-2019, 12:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheRealFrankC_</a> is seeing a lot of double teams but he expects that and has a plan when he sees it; expectations are high when the wallet gets filled. The effort is their; the production has to be better. I think Frank knows that; needs a breakout game <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BaldysBreakdowns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BaldysBreakdowns</a> <a href="https://t.co/fivyKTB8uj">pic.twitter.com/fivyKTB8uj</a></p>&mdash; Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1179805685099442179?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good stuff by Baldy.

DJ's left nut
10-03-2019, 04:03 PM
Good stuff by Baldy.

He shows, what, 8 plays there?

Clark got doubled once. And that was with a TE as the first point of engagement; someone he should be defeating fairly routinely. The first 'double' wasn't a double; the Chiefs sent 3 when Nnadi dropped into a short zone (weird) and the G had nobody to block so he found the nearest guy. Again, that's not a designed double - the defense wasn't planning for him there, it just happened that way. The 2nd to last play where the RB was chipping him is the only other play with 'designed' attention and it's tame compared to what great edge players regularly see.

Clark's not drawing an inordinate amount of attention, regardless of how badly people want it to be so. And nobody's questioned Frank Clark's effort - right now we're flat out questioning his ability.

Aspengc8
10-03-2019, 05:09 PM

Clark got doubled once. And that was with a TE as the first point of engagement; someone he should be defeating fairly routinely. The first 'double' wasn't a double; the Chiefs sent 3 when Nnadi dropped into a short zone (weird) and the G had nobody to block so he found the nearest guy. Again, that's not a designed double - the defense wasn't planning for him there, it just happened that way. The 2nd to last play where the RB was chipping him is the only other play with 'designed' attention and it's tame compared to what great edge players regularly see.

Clark's not drawing an inordinate amount of attention, regardless of how badly people want it to be so. And nobody's questioned Frank Clark's effort - right now we're flat out questioning his ability.

Yeah its only a small sample size show by Baldy. He had substantially more attention the first 3 games than vs the Lions, I've watched all the film. I could care less about the sacks as long as they are generating a rush with 4, his gap integrity vs the run worries me the most. He's not punching and getting into his gap at all, lineman are getting in close and holding their block. Either way he needs to play better.

dlphg9
10-03-2019, 05:27 PM

The very last play on the video is really the only one that he looked half way decent and made Stafford rush his throw. On the play where he misses a sack I've seen people try using that as evidence that he played well and just missed the sack, but that's not the case at all. Stafford feels the pressure from the other side and saw that FC came down inside so Stafford booked it around the edge and almost ran into a sack. On the run play the RB starts up the middle, but Frank tries shooting inside and doesn't keep edge containment and gets hooked and that allows the RB to cut back and make a big run, because FC didn't do his job.

He looks weak. All of the times he tries to bullrush he becomes a non factor and is easily blocked by the OT. He doesn't look like the kind of guy that can over power the OL. He was trying to loop around the lineman, instead of taking a direct line towards him. I don't know if he will be able to produce like he did in SEA, because it looks like he needs alot of time to get a sack, since he tries to just run around the lineman or engage and spin.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-03-2019, 05:46 PM
Frankly (pun intended), I’m tired of taking a pussified approach to these players. These overpaid MFs have had our support for decades and we have zip to show for it. We’re expected to continue to baby them and say atta kid, keep doing your best! Fuck that. Get your ass out there and play like your life depends on it. I’m betting he’d have more than one sack in that event.

And if you’re not strong enough to bull rush, get your ass into the gym and get yourself on a dedicated diet with a personal chef. If Christian fucking Bale can transform from the machinist to Batman in mere months, you can add a little strength.

DTVietnam
10-03-2019, 07:39 PM
Clowney is dominating while Frank Clark needs excuses and plays viewed under a microscope to find something hes doing well. .

Hammock Parties
10-03-2019, 07:47 PM
I wonder if Clark's hand is more hurt than we know - the one he injured in camp.

kccrow
10-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Clark is not getting the lineman's hands off him and he's getting controlled. He needs to with better technique and much more active hands. He's putting himself into awkward angles on the blocks he does get off. The one play he did get a hit on Stafford, he's lucky he didn't eat dirt before he got there. It's a him problem, not attention from additional blockers. I expect this shit from a rookie, not a guy getting paid $100m.

Hammock Parties
10-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Clark is not getting the lineman's hands off him and he's getting controlled.

This might...literally...be because...of a bad hand.

This makes more sense to me than anything. The guy had as much production as Mack the last 35 games.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-03-2019, 09:52 PM
This might...literally...be because...of a bad hand.

This makes more sense to me than anything. The guy had as much production as Mack the last 35 games.

Wouldn’t bet on it. Hasn’t wore a brace or anything on that wrist to my knowledge.

TEX
10-04-2019, 12:42 AM
Clowney is dominating while Frank Clark needs excuses and plays viewed under a microscope to find something hes doing well. .

Yep. And Clowney just got to Seattle... Thus far it appears that Clark is in no way worth the $$$ he's being paid and / or what it cost to acquire him.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-04-2019, 05:36 AM
I didn’t realize that Ford led the league in pressures last year.

He may literally be the best pass rusher out there right now and we couldn’t get rid of him fast enough.

Spare me the offsides bit. I fault the crooked refs for that anyway. That normally gets a warning. Notice that the flag came out after the interception. Can’t let ol Tommy be denied of another SB appearance.

-King-
10-04-2019, 06:01 AM

He may literally be the best pass rusher out there right now and we couldn’t get rid of him fast enough.

Spare me the offsides bit. I fault the crooked refs for that anyway. That normally gets a warning. Notice that the flag came out after the interception. Can’t let ol Tommy be denied of another SB appearance.

The flag came out literally when the play started lol. It was 100% Ford's fault. I'm not going to blame someone else for something as simple as lining up right.

RealSNR
10-04-2019, 06:24 AM

No. He was offsides.

Dee Ford should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.

Don Corlemahomes
10-04-2019, 07:30 AM
If you watch his highlights from last year, Clark is a dramatically different player than he was in 2018. Either he has an undisclosed injury or his effort has plummeted. He'll set the edge when he needs to. Otherwise, he's just there.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-04-2019, 07:32 AM
The flag came out literally when the play started lol. It was 100% Ford's fault. I'm not going to blame someone else for something as simple as lining up right.

Maybe multiple flags were thrown, but the one I saw was thrown right after the interception.

Regardless, if there were more Ford-quality players on that defense, they wouldn’t have been in that position. We were frankly lucky to not be down by a couple TDs at that point. The D couldn’t begin to slow them down all game and was fortunate that they made a few mistakes to keep it close.

Chiefnj2
10-04-2019, 08:09 AM
Best bang for the buck on the DL is Ogbah.

Tribal Warfare
10-04-2019, 08:34 AM
If you watch his highlights from last year, Clark is a dramatically different player than he was in 2018. Either he has an undisclosed injury or his effort has plummeted. He'll set the edge when he needs to. Otherwise, he's just there.

He has two Tommy John injuries on both elbows

dlphg9
10-04-2019, 08:40 AM
BK on 610 (Easily the best talent on that station,the guy knows what he's talking about) gave a stat that Clark has a 2% QB pressure rate on snaps in which he rushed the passer. That's the lowest percent in the league for players with 100+ rushes.

dlphg9
10-04-2019, 08:48 AM
He has two Tommy John injuries on both elbows

Or 4 Tommy John injuries on 2 elbows?

DJ's left nut
10-04-2019, 08:52 AM
BK on 610 (Easily the best talent on that station,the guy knows what he's talking about) gave a stat that Clark has a 2% QB pressure rate on snaps in which he rushed the passer. That's the lowest percent in the league for players with 100+ rushes.

Just doin' his job...

RaidersOftheCellar
10-04-2019, 09:16 AM

He was near the top in pressures last year.

MFer better pick it up.