PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Frank Clark fucking sucks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Dunerdr
08-26-2021, 08:08 AM
It would be nice if Tim Ward and Kaindoh develop this year and put some good stuff on tape so they feel comfortable moving on.

Kiimo
08-26-2021, 08:35 AM
I doubt Kaindoh is going to do much but I want to see what Ward can do against starters

Chris Meck
08-26-2021, 08:37 AM
I doubt Kaindoh is going to do much but I want to see what Ward can do against starters

Me too.

He looked good week 17 against the Chargers' starters.

He flat abuses second team guys.

I'm optimistic. But I usually am.

Dunerdr
08-26-2021, 10:14 AM
I think if Kaindoh just gets a few opportunities to see real NFL game speed itll be good for his long term development. He looked decent reading runs both too and away from him against 2s and 3s. But some real deal looks couldnt hurt him.

saphojunkie
08-26-2021, 10:45 AM
Mike Danna already makes Clark expendable. He looks to be every bit as good, outside of a three game stretch on our super bowl run.

-King-
09-19-2021, 09:26 PM
Still.

Molitoth
09-19-2021, 09:30 PM
Honey badger, get in Clarks face and tell him he's stealing your money.

-King-
09-19-2021, 09:32 PM
I can't believe this thread went 4,000+ posts with people defending Clark. Sports fandom is a crazy thing.

Megatron96
09-19-2021, 09:35 PM
Mike Danna already makes Clark expendable. He looks to be every bit as good, outside of a three game stretch on our super bowl run.

Well, except for the part were Danna isn't nearly as good.:rolleyes:

-King-
09-19-2021, 09:37 PM
Well, except for the part were Danna isn't nearly as good.:rolleyes:

Value wise he's like 50x better.

SupDock
09-19-2021, 09:39 PM
Beat up OL, and still no sacks and absolutely gashed by the run.
Would a JAG be worse?

The Raiders obliterated that DL

Megatron96
09-19-2021, 09:42 PM
Value wise he's like 50x better.

How do you figure? He got his ass kicked all game long. Did he actually make a play? He certainly didn't do anything vs. the run.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-19-2021, 09:43 PM
Frank should try to get a patent on whatever he's done to make himself totally invisible.

RollChiefsRoll
09-19-2021, 09:44 PM
Guy is fucking awful.

kcpasco
09-19-2021, 09:45 PM
This team has a lot of dead weight. Clark fucking sucks.

-King-
09-19-2021, 09:46 PM
How do you figure? He got his ass kicked all game long. Did he actually make a play? He certainly didn't do anything vs. the run.
He makes UDFA money. Clark is the highest paid player this year IIRC. Their play shouldn't even be comparable. Villanueva was literally the worst tackle in football last week. Looked all world against Clark.

dlphg9
09-19-2021, 09:47 PM
Frank Clark still sucks and here's something to trigger a bunch of little bitches, his playoff/SB sacks were easy as fuck and only 1 was important.

-King-
09-19-2021, 09:50 PM

I like how he tested it on himself for a couple of years and decided to give it to the rest of the D line today.

Easy 6
09-19-2021, 09:51 PM
95 can’t do it alone, expect Veach to attack that like a demon for 2022… this D line WILL get a full makeover

I get the lack of pass rush, but the run gashing shouldn’t be happening

Titty Meat
09-19-2021, 10:00 PM
Frank Clark still sucks and here's something to trigger a bunch of little bitches, his playoff/SB sacks were easy as **** and only 1 was important.

You cant say this without a certain poster screaming at you about how every player the Chiefs have is good and Veach is the best GM but the truth is hes got alot of expensive dead weight on the defensive side of the ball (Clark & Hitchens) guys like Niemann have no business being on the roster.

GT_34
09-20-2021, 10:50 AM
Frank Clark is currently the lowest graded ED per PFF.

34.9 - 99 out of 99 ranked players

He has also the highest cap hit of any ED in 2021 at 25.8 M.

DJ's left nut
09-20-2021, 10:53 AM
Frank Clark is currently the lowest graded ED per PFF.

34.9 - 99 out of 99 ranked players

He has also the highest cap hit of any ED in 2021 at 25.8 M.

Just doing his job, man.

hawkchief
09-20-2021, 10:55 AM
Yesterday, Clark looked like he put on about 20 lbs of fat in the off-season.

Dunerdr
09-20-2021, 10:57 AM
Yesterday, Clark looked like he put on about 20 lbs of fat in the off-season.

Nothing to worry about a mysterious mid season illness will take care of that.

O.city
09-20-2021, 10:57 AM
Don't go pay DE's without elite measurables and the play to back it up. High motor guys like Clark, dont' end up being difference makers

Sassy Squatch
09-20-2021, 10:58 AM
Too bad the legal system is so fucking slow. Could've flushed this turd and gotten a third world countrys GDP in cap savings.

Sassy Squatch
09-20-2021, 10:59 AM
Yeah, had a pretty noticable gut.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2021, 11:12 AM
Yeah, had a pretty noticable gut.

Told you. He's chub.

Wisconsin_Chief
09-20-2021, 11:57 AM
He’s absolute garbage at this point. Certainly isn’t bringing the energy anymore like he did during the Super Bowl year and he is playing worse than I ever thought possible.

He cannot be off this roster fast enough.

suzzer99
09-20-2021, 12:00 PM
It seems like Clark has given up on going for one last payday. I was hoping he'd come in motivated this year.

Sassy Squatch
09-20-2021, 12:03 PM
It seems like Clark has given up on going for one last payday. I was hoping he'd come in motivated this year.
May be why his play has declined even further. Knows with the felony charges and his play recently it's his last year of making significant money from us and almost definitely any other team so he's mentally checked out.

suzzer99
09-20-2021, 12:09 PM
Clark, Reed and Jones (at DE) sucking is not good.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2021, 12:21 PM
Clark had a nice TFL last night which makes him the MVP of the DL

DJ's left nut
09-20-2021, 01:04 PM
Clark had a nice TFL last night which makes him the MVP of the DL

It's easier when they elect not to block you.

Jackson messed up the read and left his RB out to dry.

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-20-2021, 01:07 PM
It's easier when they elect not to block you.

Jackson messed up the read and left his RB out to dry.

You do understand the blocking scheme in read option, right?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-20-2021, 01:10 PM
The same people patting themselves on the back for not wanting Clark wanted Clowney and that dude is a turd as well ROFL

DJ's left nut
09-20-2021, 01:34 PM
You do understand the blocking scheme in read option, right?

Read the end, yes. The QB is responsible for dealing with the unblocked man through his pitch/keep decision.

When the end doesn't crash, why are you pitching it wide? RB is a sitting duck at that point. You pitch it if/when the end commits - Clark didn't.

Looked to me like Jackson needed to take it up the middle when Clark didn't come upfield.

DJ's left nut
09-20-2021, 01:40 PM
The same people patting themselves on the back for not wanting Clark wanted Clowney and that dude is a turd as well ROFL

Clowney cost $29 million over 3 seasons and a 3rd round pick + some roster chaff.

Clark cost $65 million over those same 3 seasons + a first and second round pick.

This really the argument you want to make?

Rainbarrel
09-20-2021, 02:59 PM
Came to the podium after loss and took questions.

Sassy Squatch
09-20-2021, 03:14 PM
Clowney cost $29 million over 3 seasons and a 3rd round pick + some roster chaff.

Clark cost $65 million over those same 3 seasons + a first and second round pick.

Ideally you don't do either of those trades, but I'd still take Clark over Clowney even with those parameters based on the hindsight of Clark actually being a key contributor to the Super Bowl run. Clowney just seems like an even shittier DE version of Hammy Twatkins

Sassy Squatch
09-20-2021, 03:20 PM
Also based on the fact that if we hadn't traded that 2019 pick we most likely pick one of the shitty DL from the bottom of that first round based on all our draft visits. Or the degenerate CB we ended up with anyway.

DJ's left nut
09-20-2021, 03:22 PM
Ideally you don't do either of those trades, but I'd still take Clark over Clowney even with those parameters based on the hindsight of Clark actually being a key contributor to the Super Bowl run. Clowney just seems like an even shittier DE version of Hammy Twatkins

I said when we made the trade (and even when he was dog-shit into November of '19) that flags fly forever and if Clark was instrumental in a SB, it's hard to call the trade a failure.

But right now, if I could trade Clark for Clowney, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Straight player for player I'd probably still take Clowney and when you factor in their respective contracts and cap hits, it's not a close question.

Last year was a wash at best. Clowney was better when he was on the field, but he wasn't on the field enough (as is his custom). Then again, I'm not sure what Clark actually provided when he was.

I mean the only benefit Frank Clark has provided this team was a 6 week stretch (ish) at the end of 2019. We could argue just how critical he was in 'closing' wins that were largely decided by the time the sack in question happened (two of which were coverage sacks), but every play counted in the Super Bowl and he made one. So that makes the deal a 'win' in the same way Watkins deal was a win - a bad acquisition in a vacuum that was made palatable by a championship.

Clark is bad. He's been bad for awhile. Injury, motivation, diet - whatever. He's just a bad football player and there's little indication that this is going to change anytime soon.

DJ's left nut
09-20-2021, 03:25 PM
Also based on the fact that if we hadn't traded that 2019 pick we most likely pick one of the shitty DL from the bottom of that first round based on all our draft visits. Or the degenerate CB we ended up with anyway.

Maybe.

But I remember one of 'The Franchise' episodes where Veach seemed really high on Rock Ya-Sin and CB was another clear need at the time, coming off the AFCCG debacle.

Wouldn't have surprised me if he was the pick. He's been...fine. But the fact that we took Hardman where we did also puts in the back of my mind that maybe AJ Brown would've been the guy and that one stings.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2021, 03:25 PM
Frank and Chris both getting raped over the coals today on CP.

We are stuck with Tyson Jackson and Eric Hicks at DE again.

DJ's left nut
09-20-2021, 03:27 PM
Frank and Chris both getting raped over the coals today on CP.

We are stuck with Tyson Jackson and Eric Hicks at DE again.

Nah.

Chris Jones will fix his shit. He's going to be good out there.

He just couldn't tell which way was up by the 2nd quarter. He'll learn from it.

He deserves criticism for a shit game - it was as bad an effort as you'll see. But that's not who he is going forward or who he's been in the past. He's an elite talent and that will surface as the season goes along.

Sassy Squatch
09-20-2021, 03:35 PM
We were looking for someone to replicate Hill. While I would've been happy with Brown, he doesn't exactly fit that mold

Pasta Little Brioni
09-20-2021, 06:06 PM

Yes when one helped win a title and the other is completely useless

-King-
09-20-2021, 06:09 PM
We were looking for someone to replicate Hill. While I would've been happy with Brown, he doesn't exactly fit that mold

Other than being fast, neither does Mecole.

DJ's left nut
09-20-2021, 08:23 PM
Other than being fast, neither does Mecole.

Nobody replicates Hill.

That was the mistake they made - thinking they could replicate a unicorn. I said it at the time - if they think they're losing Hill, the answer isn't to replace Hill, it's to re-think their approach. Because Hill is on a HOF career arc, you don't just replace that.

And you don't even find a reasonable facsimile for a guy like that. It's like thinking Noah Gray can replace Travis Kelce if he gets hurt. He can't. If Kelce goes down, you can't just plug Gray in and say 'close enough...'

You'll have to do things differently. And that's why they shouldn't have been looking for a Hill replacement, they should've been looking for the best possible WR they could've gotten their hands on.

I understand why they did what they did - I just don't think they should've done it.

Titty Meat
09-20-2021, 10:15 PM
Nobody replicates Hill.

That was the mistake they made - thinking they could replicate a unicorn. I said it at the time - if they think they're losing Hill, the answer isn't to replace Hill, it's to re-think their approach. Because Hill is on a HOF career arc, you don't just replace that.

And you don't even find a reasonable facsimile for a guy like that. It's like thinking Noah Gray can replace Travis Kelce if he gets hurt. He can't. If Kelce goes down, you can't just plug Gray in and say 'close enough...'

You'll have to do things differently. And that's why they shouldn't have been looking for a Hill replacement, they should've been looking for the best possible WR they could've gotten their hands on.

I understand why they did what they did - I just don't think they should've done it.

Damn so you dont think Veach went for the best WR rather one who could replicate Hills game? Even though it's been reported Veach felt pretty confident with the whole Hill situation at the time. Regardless this is a pretty big deal if this is how Veach was thinking with his drafting.

DJ's left nut
09-20-2021, 10:25 PM
Damn so you dont think Veach went for the best WR rather one who could replicate Hills game? Even though it's been reported Veach felt pretty confident with the whole Hill situation at the time. Regardless this is a pretty big deal if this is how Veach was thinking with his drafting.

I mean....I kinda hope that's what he did.

Because if he really thought Mecole Hardman offered the best possible WR on the board at the time....yikes.

I mean I'll accept "Veach felt like he needed a genuine speed threat to keep the field open for Kelce/Watkins going forward". It's a justification that makes sense anyway. I don't like the thought process, but it's not facially absurd.

But "Brett Veach thought Mecole Hardman was a better overall WR prospect than Terry McLaurin and DK Metcalf...."

Well like I said, that's a yikes. That's a BAD read if that's how he saw it. That's a seriously flawed 'decision lens' for a guy who's not exactly showing a superb eye for WR talent right now.

I mean look at the wealth of WR talent the Chiefs could've had during Veach's tenure. JuJu, Kupp, Godwin, Golladay, Gallup, Kirk, Sutton, Brown, Metcalf, Brown, McLaurin, Johnson, Claypool, Higgins, Mooney, Davis...

There's been a TON of WR talent go off the board in the last few years. I'm not sure your 'hope' here is actually the preferred alternative. I'd rather wrong-headed thinking than just a bad eye for talent.

Titty Meat
09-20-2021, 11:09 PM
I mean....I kinda hope that's what he did.

Because if he really thought Mecole Hardman offered the best possible WR on the board at the time....yikes.

I mean I'll accept "Veach felt like he needed a genuine speed threat to keep the field open for Kelce/Watkins going forward". It's a justification that makes sense anyway. I don't like the thought process, but it's not facially absurd.

But "Brett Veach thought Mecole Hardman was a better overall WR prospect than Terry McLaurin and DK Metcalf...."

Well like I said, that's a yikes. That's a BAD read if that's how he saw it. That's a seriously flawed 'decision lens' for a guy who's not exactly showing a superb eye for WR talent right now.

I mean look at the wealth of WR talent the Chiefs could've had during Veach's tenure. JuJu, Kupp, Godwin, Golladay, Gallup, Kirk, Sutton, Brown, Metcalf, Brown, McLaurin, Johnson, Claypool, Higgins, Mooney, Davis...

There's been a TON of WR talent go off the board in the last few years. I'm not sure your 'hope' here is actually the preferred alternative. I'd rather wrong-headed thinking than just a bad eye for talent.

Hmm I dont know. To think you could replicate Tyreek Hill even in what was that 19'? Is pretty damn delusional. I could see the thinking that Hardman COULD be a better players than those mentioned with some polishing but cloning Reek who's a once in a generation athlete?

JPH83
09-21-2021, 12:32 AM
You cant say this without a certain poster screaming at you about how every player the Chiefs have is good and Veach is the best GM but the truth is hes got alot of expensive dead weight on the defensive side of the ball (Clark & Hitchens) guys like Niemann have no business being on the roster.

I'm glad we're finally putting Veach in the crosshairs. There was so much blowing smoke up his arse in the offseason it got weird.

His first round draft picks have been effectively Clark, Brown and CEH, but Clark without the rookie contract as well. That's not looking great. The argument that he was instrumental in the SB win I get but I'd take the counterfactual all day that those players that have been consistently better throughout their careers would have had just as great, if not greater, impact on helping the team win a SB. And the difference might've been them not being a massive deadweight for the rest of their time.

I'm not sure building a legacy is done by bringing in one extremely expensive hired gun for one year's playoff performances.

The Reed signing and Jones move to DE I can't bitch about because I liked the latter part of the equation. But it looks more likely to make us poor in two positions now.

I don't think all Veach's picks and moves have been duds, but there more questionable ones out there now.

POND_OF_RED
09-21-2021, 07:15 AM
Hmm I dont know. To think you could replicate Tyreek Hill even in what was that 19'? Is pretty damn delusional. I could see the thinking that Hardman COULD be a better players than those mentioned with some polishing but cloning Reek who's a once in a generation athlete?

Generational talents don’t disappear in prime time games like Reek did Sunday. It’s crazy that so many people have been passing the blame around, but I haven’t seen his name mentioned yet. He should have feasted against a banged up Baltimore secondary.

TwistedChief
09-21-2021, 07:22 AM
Generational talents don’t disappear in prime time games like Reek did Sunday. It’s crazy that so many people have been passing the blame around, but I haven’t seen his name mentioned yet. He should have feasted against a banged up Baltimore secondary.

If teams blanket you with coverage, you don't get open and Mahomes should be looking to other guys running wide open rather than forcing it to Hill. Hill gets no blame in my book and deserves credit for the long Kelce, Pringle, and Robison TDs.

ThaVirus
09-21-2021, 07:28 AM

Tyreek is a special case. He requires a double team on essentially every play. When Reek only logs 3 catches for 14 yards as long as he has no drops, fumbles or penalties, I don't have a problem with it. That means he was drawing two defenders on every play, which should leave Kelce or one of these other scrubs with a prime 1-on-1 matchup.

They even talked about it during the game. Teams have mostly been playing with 2 safeties over the top against us to limit the big play and that is almost entirely due to Hill's skillset. No one is playing cover 2 because of Kelce, Robinson, Pringle or even Hardman.

RunKC
09-21-2021, 08:01 AM
Mecole was a classic Andy Reid prototype. Metcalf was straight line fast but horrendously slow laterally (remember his 3 cone?).

I think Andy didn’t want Metcalf bc he had seen someone similar in Conley with those issues which limited YAC.

And yeah Terry McLauren is great but keep in mind he was a 3rd rd pick. Everyone passed on him multiple times

Hammock Parties
09-21-2021, 08:17 AM
DK was hurt during the combine.

DJ's left nut
09-21-2021, 08:20 AM

Any player - ANY player - can be removed from a gameplan if the opposing coach commits to it. Belichick has always insisted on removing Kelce from the gameplan and as a rule he has succeeded.

The Ravens weren't going to let Hill beat them. They had people blanketing him all day. That was a big part of Kelce and the secondary WR options having good days.

Flying High D
09-21-2021, 08:22 AM
^ Must of committed to removing our defense with their game plan.

-King-
09-21-2021, 08:45 AM
Mecole was a classic Andy Reid prototype. Metcalf was straight line fast but horrendously slow laterally (remember his 3 cone?).

I think Andy didn’t want Metcalf bc he had seen someone similar in Conley with those issues which limited YAC.

And yeah Terry McLauren is great but keep in mind he was a 3rd rd pick. Everyone passed on him multiple times

As much as people talk and talked about Mecoles 3 cone speed, he shows surprisingly little agility and "bend" when he runs. Its all straight line speed with him.

tredadda
09-21-2021, 08:49 AM
To this day I still wonder if KC goes with Hardman if the Hill situation had not happened. I tend to believe not, but it is what it is at this point.

DJ's left nut
09-21-2021, 08:55 AM
To this day I still wonder if KC goes with Hardman if the Hill situation had not happened. I tend to believe not, but it is what it is at this point.

I'm inclined to agree.

But hey - the Chiefs probably saved about $20 million on Tyreek's deal due to the Brook Pryor fiasco so there's a silver lining, I suppose...

FloridaMan88
09-24-2021, 08:31 PM
JFC, what a broke dick and now he’s Doubtful for Sunday’s game…

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Frank Clark strained his other hamstring in practice yesterday. <br><br>Clark originally suffered a hamstring injury in training camp, didn&#39;t play in preseason and season opener. Reid said that one is healed. It&#39;s a new injury to the other hamstring.</p>&mdash; Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/1441463687932350474?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sure-Oz
09-24-2021, 08:37 PM
JFC, what a broke dick and now he’s Doubtful for Sunday’s game…

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Frank Clark strained his other hamstring in practice yesterday. <br><br>Clark originally suffered a hamstring injury in training camp, didn&#39;t play in preseason and season opener. Reid said that one is healed. It&#39;s a new injury to the other hamstring.</p>— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/1441463687932350474?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>Clark definitely not close to being worth that contract.

Sure-Oz
09-24-2021, 08:37 PM
To this day I still wonder if KC goes with Hardman if the Hill situation had not happened. I tend to believe not, but it is what it is at this point.They wouldn't have drafted him.

ToxSocks
09-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Well the good news is, record breaking Mahomes?

RealSNR
09-24-2021, 09:02 PM
We should probably stop burning 1st rounders in trades. We’re starting to become the Seahawks from a few years ago.

TribalElder
09-24-2021, 09:18 PM
I will forever be grateful to Frank for the Super Bowl run

Seems like he went soft now, having money and accomplishments can do that to people

suzzer99
09-24-2021, 10:05 PM

Also it looked like Tyreek Hill could be out of the league or suspended for a long time, which must have influenced their decision.

Hammock Parties
09-24-2021, 10:07 PM
Anyone think Clark is loafing? Real easy to fake hamstring injuries.

TribalElder
09-24-2021, 10:08 PM
Anyone think Clark is loafing? Real easy to fake hamstring injuries.

I don't think he has the drive and hunger anymore

watch us trade him to detroit or something to offload his salary

dlphg9
09-24-2021, 11:40 PM
Also it looked like Tyreek Hill could be out of the league or suspended for a long time, which must have influenced their decision.

Sure it looked like that by how the media was reporting, but I'm willing to bet Veach and the team knew more than we did.

dlphg9
09-24-2021, 11:44 PM
I will forever be grateful to Frank for the Super Bowl run

Seems like he went soft now, having money and accomplishments can do that to people

His first postseason here is so overblown for a few reasons -

People just couldn't admit that it was a mistake to trade and sign for him.

He talked a bunch of shit and said some cool things.

And people were fucking ecstatic that we actually won a SB.

Watch his sacks that postseason and find one that he dominated a guy or a sack that was during a crucial time and actually won a game.

New World Order
09-25-2021, 12:26 AM
Frank Clark fucking sucks

KChiefs1
09-25-2021, 01:59 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210925/01d181eafefb8e59e2e4a285ca154475.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying High D
09-25-2021, 03:32 AM
Frank taking over for Sammy on the injury report.

RealSNR
09-25-2021, 07:39 AM
Eric Hicks up to anything these days? Starting to think he might be a better option...

TLO
09-25-2021, 07:40 AM
Eric Hicks up to anything these days? Starting to think he might be a better option...

Vonnie Holiday to the nearest curiosity phone.

Chiefspants
09-25-2021, 08:59 AM
Watch his sacks that postseason and find one that he dominated a guy or a sack that was during a crucial time and actually won a game.

Uh… his sack in the Super Bowl against the 49ers pretty much fits that description.

TEX
09-25-2021, 09:18 AM
Uh… his sack in the Super Bowl against the 49ers pretty much fits that description.

Exactly. To deny that is just plain ignorant. Dude came up big in the biggest moments during the Super Bowl run. Did not do much before and has not done much afterwards.

ThyKingdomCome15
09-25-2021, 09:20 AM
Does he even care anymore? What's going on with this guy?

CoMoChief
09-25-2021, 09:29 AM
Vonnie Holiday to the nearest curiosity phone.

Man...after that 1st home opener, Holiday's first game with KC, think he had like 3 sacks or something.

Was super excited thinking he was gonna fix the Chiefs pass rush issues.

I think he only had 1-2 more sacks the rest of the season. LOL

Hoover
09-25-2021, 10:10 AM
Is Leslie O'Neal available?

dlphg9
09-25-2021, 10:13 AM

Rewatch that play.

They run a stunt and Frank is looping inside and is basically untouched because Chris Jones absolutely destroys the guy that is blocking him and the guy that would have blocked Frank. KPass also beats a double team to force Jimmy up into the the pocket right into Clark. Clark's the beneficiary of great play by his teammates. That's all he's done since he's been here.

TLO
09-25-2021, 10:13 AM
Man...after that 1st home opener, Holiday's first game with KC, think he had like 3 sacks or something.

Was super excited thinking he was gonna fix the Chiefs pass rush issues.

I think he only had 1-2 more sacks the rest of the season. LOL

Against the Chargers, if I remember right.

Cosmos
09-25-2021, 10:40 AM

This has devolved into “ even a blind Blind Squirrel” fame.

Chiefspants
09-25-2021, 02:12 PM
You can acknowledge that Frank had three game closing sacks in the 2019 playoffs, something this forum often said we lacked in the playoffs for generations, while still thinking he’s performed like refried ass since and needs to be released at the first possible opportunity.

To audit one of his greatest stretches of games in his career doesn’t really seem like a necessary addition to plainly stating we need to cut ties at the first chance we have.

FloridaMan88
09-25-2021, 02:56 PM
You would think that after his relatively down season last year, his off the field bullshit this offseason, etc. that Frank would attack this season with his best effort and be in great shape, but the opposite has happened.

smithandrew051
09-25-2021, 02:59 PM

Yeah that was a dumb post. His sack against the Titans closed that game out.

He also had 3 against Houston.

If memory serves, he had a sack against the Bills and the Buccaneers in the postseason too last year. I think he even got a crucial QB hit late against the Browns.

Clark isn’t near reliable enough to make what he’s making, but to say he hasn’t made several big plays for the team is just a lie.

DJ's left nut
09-25-2021, 03:00 PM
Rewatch that play.

They run a stunt and Frank is looping inside and is basically untouched because Chris Jones absolutely destroys the guy that is blocking him and the guy that would have blocked Frank. KPass also beats a double team to force Jimmy up into the the pocket right into Clark. Clark's the beneficiary of great play by his teammates. That's all he's done since he's been here.

He's an overpaid Grant Wistrom when he's healthy.

He's a motor player - when he's actually healthy he'll at least battle a bit and if someone else can flush the QB or if the secondary can give him 3-4 seconds to get there, he'll just keep plugging and eventually get the sack.

But he's not a true pass rusher. He doesn't do anything to speak of to win a rep. His technique isn't a plus, his athleticism is just fine, his strength is just fine. He grinds, but that's the best you can say for him. He doesn't win the rep as much as he just hopes enough of his teammates win theirs for him to clean up the mess.

And again - that's when he's at full health. The best version of him you'll get is a complementary player

This version doesn't belong on an NFL roster.

royr17
09-25-2021, 03:30 PM
BTW Frank Clark is doubtful

Shiver Me Timbers
09-25-2021, 03:39 PM
I was not a fan of the Chiefs signing Clark. Most of these guys sign the deal of a lifetime and then begin the suck. Clark has the talent to not suck. His play sucks because he does not give a shit. He has the talent to be a game changer. The dude is not motivated and is a lazy POS. He is a liability 90% of the snaps because he does not give a shit. Christ, the guy lives his life exactly like that.
"Gotz my money so FO". Chiefs need to tell him to FO.

Easy 6
09-25-2021, 03:42 PM
Yeah this fuckheads already hurt, Sammy Watkins of the defense

Black Elvis needs to go overdose on his toilet

notorious
09-25-2021, 03:43 PM
BTW Frank Clark is doubtful

I'm doubtful of his ability.

notorious
09-25-2021, 03:44 PM
I'm in the Clark fan club when it comes to his contribution to the SB run and win.

But damn, outside of that it's a VERY expensive, bleak abortion of production.

Mecca
09-25-2021, 03:46 PM
Is this gonna be a Superbowl hangover year?

Easy 6
09-25-2021, 03:48 PM

We’ll have a better idea about 3pm tomorrow

Shiver Me Timbers
I'm in the Clark fan club when it comes to his contribution to the SB run and win.

But damn, outside of that it's a VERY expensive, bleak abortion of production.

Can you imagine the chiefs spending the coin on a couple of guys who have talent, motivated and are hungry?
Honey Badger is my comp to Clark. Badger gives a shit. Clark does not. Badger is a game changer. Clark is a crap shoot

notorious

Sure looks that way.

Our hangover will be a 11-6 type year, though.

dlphg9
You can acknowledge that Frank had three game closing sacks in the 2019 playoffs, something this forum often said we lacked in the playoffs for generations, while still thinking he’s performed like refried ass since and needs to be released at the first possible opportunity.

To audit one of his greatest stretches of games in his career doesn’t really seem like a necessary addition to plainly stating we need to cut ties at the first chance we have.

Why can't I look "audit one of his greatest stretches of games in his career"? Especially when people use that stretch to justify his contract and the draft capital used to acquire him. Hell when I see people saying "we don't win the Super Bowl without Frank", then I really think that his "big plays" need to actually be looked into.

There is literally not one sack that entire postseason from him that isn't caused by either the QB holding the ball way too long or where he's not benefitting from his teammates dominating on the D line.

Texans sack 1 - 3rd down/losing 14 with 3:07 left in the 1st quarter - this would be the best of the bunch if we don't fumble the punt and give it right back

Texans sack 2 - up 10 with 9:28 in the 3rd qtr, Watson runs around for an hour and finally gets knocked down. Coverage sack. Frank says thanks DBs!

Texan Sack 3 - Up 20 with 1:31 in the 4th qtr, 4th down. No one touches Frank off the edge and gets a sack

Titans sack - up 11 with 1:28 left in the 4th qtr. Frank actually beat the tackle by turning around, lays his back into the OTs chest and rolls off him, then catches Tanny. This one is all Frank and a really shitty play by the OT.

Super Bowl sack - already described what happened and if not for Jones and KPass, then it doesn't even happen.

So anyone that thinks we don't win that SB without Frank please explain how?

notorious
09-25-2021, 03:49 PM
Can you imagine the chiefs spending the coin on a couple of guys who have talent, motivated and are hungry?
Honey Badger is my comp to Clark. Badger gives a shit. Clark does not. Badger is a game changer. Clark is a crap shoot

Clark really isn't a crap shoot.

Most of the time it's just crap.

(Bless Honey Badger. We will never question if his heart is in it.)

dlphg9
09-25-2021, 03:51 PM
Clark really isn't a crap shoot.

Most of the time it's just crap.

(Bless Honey Badger. We will never question if his heart is in it.)

He's crap and has been ever since he came to KC. Guy talks a big game, but doesn't back it up.

Shiver Me Timbers
09-25-2021, 04:06 PM
He's crap and has been ever since he came to KC. Guy talks a big game, but doesn't back it up.

He got paid and then laid THE turd. He couldn't give 2 farts about football. He likes desert drives at midnight and Uzi's. Like I said before- he is capable of being a game changer but when you don't have the desire- you are a POS and taking up cap money.

notorious
09-25-2021, 04:10 PM
He got paid and then laid THE turd. He couldn't give 2 farts about football. He likes desert drives at midnight and Uzi's. Like I said before- he is capable of being a game changer but when you don't have the desire- you are a POS and taking up cap money.

He's close to making 100 million.

When you tweak that hammy or ankle it hurts a little more when you are loaded and don't need to earn anymore.

Chiefspants
09-25-2021, 04:39 PM
Why can't I look "audit one of his greatest stretches of games in his career"? Especially when people use that stretch to justify his contract and the draft capital used to acquire him. Hell when I see people saying "we don't win the Super Bowl without Frank", then I really think that his "big plays" need to actually be looked into.

There is literally not one sack that entire postseason from him that isn't caused by either the QB holding the ball way too long or where he's not benefitting from his teammates dominating on the D line.

Texans sack 1 - 3rd down/losing 14 with 3:07 left in the 1st quarter - this would be the best of the bunch if we don't fumble the punt and give it right back

Texans sack 2 - up 10 with 9:28 in the 3rd qtr, Watson runs around for an hour and finally gets knocked down. Coverage sack. Frank says thanks DBs!

Texan Sack 3 - Up 20 with 1:31 in the 4th qtr, 4th down. No one touches Frank off the edge and gets a sack

Titans sack - up 11 with 1:28 left in the 4th qtr. Frank actually beat the tackle by turning around, lays his back into the OTs chest and rolls off him, then catches Tanny. This one is all Frank and a really shitty play by the OT.

Super Bowl sack - already described what happened and if not for Jones and KPass, then it doesn't even happen.

So anyone that thinks we don't win that SB without Frank please explain how?

Frank Clark ****ing sucks

You clearly have not watched our DE play in the past decade if you think the Texans and 49ers sacks would be sure things with our past personnel.

And I say that as a devoted Justin Houston fanboi

Shiver Me Timbers
09-25-2021, 04:51 PM
You clearly have not watched our DE play in the past decade if you think the Texans and 49ers sacks would be sure things with our past personnel.

Give me a DE that actually gives a shit, has a bit of talent and is HUNGRY-
I will take that over Frank F****** Clark all day long. Anyone who believes this POS "fixes his shit" is in complete denial.

PAChiefsGuy
09-25-2021, 05:16 PM

Hali was a beast. **** out of here acrting like the Chiefs have never had good pass rushers on outside before Clark got here.

Stats don't always tell whole story. Frank Clark got some sacks in SB run which helped the Chiefs win. Absolutely and that is great but to act like he dominated in those games and was main reason the defense had success is BS. He made some plays at the right time but nothing more. He wasn't Derrick Thomas out there.

It is what it is. There's nothing Veach can do about the Frank Clark trade but hopefully he learns from it. At least he made some plays in that SB run so it wasn't a total loss but still bad and its hurting this team, especially the pass rush, right now.

dlphg9
09-25-2021, 05:39 PM

Hali and Houston both make those plays. In both of those games Frank has a sack that he is basically untouched. One because they decide to not even block him and on the other because he's looping inside and Chris Jones knocks the center back 2 yards and on his ass the instant Clark gets touched by him.

TribalElder
09-25-2021, 05:41 PM
Wonder how much of that attitude during the super bowl run could be attributed to Terrell Suggs being in the locker room

dlphg9
09-25-2021, 05:45 PM
Wonder how much of that attitude during the super bowl run could be attributed to Terrell Suggs being in the locker room

A big portion.

rabblerouser
09-25-2021, 05:46 PM
I'm doubtful of his ability.

Well, they say the best ability is availability.

Motherfucker better be AVAILABLE for another SB run, or he'll be discussing his availability with another fucking team.

Chiefspants
09-25-2021, 05:50 PM
I think Clark should be let go.

But I have severe doubts that Dee Ford or Frank Zombo make the plays Frank did in the 2019 postseason run.

-King-
09-25-2021, 06:15 PM
I think Clark should be let go.

But I have severe doubts that Dee Ford or Frank Zombo make the plays Frank did in the 2019 postseason run.

Yeah zombo sucked. But why wouldn't Dee Ford make those sacks? People forget him and Houston had 3 sacks the Indy game before the AFCCG. Then they played against Brady and did what everyone does against Brady and everyone acts like they were shit the whole time. I mean Houston had a sack in 3 out of his past 4 playoff games.

Do you really think there's something Frank has that any other player doesn't?

Flying High D
09-25-2021, 06:16 PM
Did Frank get Hobo’s locker when he got here, cause he definitely got his spirit.

R Clark
09-25-2021, 06:19 PM
Yeah zombo sucked. But why wouldn't Dee Ford make those sacks? People forget him and Houston had 3 sacks the Indy game before the AFCCG. Then they played against Brady and did what everyone does against Brady and everyone acts like they were shit the whole time. I mean Houston had a sack in 3 out of his past 4 playoff games.

Fuck dee Ford you half to keep from being offsides before you can make a play

-King-
09-25-2021, 06:21 PM
Fuck dee Ford you half to keep from being offsides before you can make a play

Oh I 100% agree. But he could have done everything frank did. I don't think anyone can deny he's a MUCH better pass rusher. But yeah he made one of the biggest fuck ups in sports history so yeah...

Chiefspants
09-25-2021, 07:07 PM

If Dee wasn’t speed rushing, he absolutely loafed it coming in on the inside. The dude just shied away from contact whenever he could. Hell, he did that in the same game where Frank came up with that game clinching sack.

dlphg9
09-25-2021, 07:10 PM
Well, they say the best ability is availability.

Mother****er better be AVAILABLE for another SB run, or he'll be discussing his availability with another ****ing team.

Unless you're as non existent as Frank has become and when he's on the field we basically have 10 players on D. I'd rather he sit and then we can let Kaindoh get the reps. Frank being out is addition by subtraction.

RunKC
09-25-2021, 07:42 PM
I think Frank Clark might be a case study of what happens when guys get paid. He had a troubled childhood past living in poverty. Now he’s got his first huge check. He also won the Super Bowl, so he’s accomplished the 2 things most players want in this league regardless if they love the game or not: a ring and wealth.

It’s like working out. You work your ass off and finally get the body you want over time. Then you turn out like Lewdog and get a hot chick in bed. You’ve made it. But the hard part is the consistency. You need to work out to keep that body which is a standard requirement to bag a super hot chick (unless you’re loaded money wise), but that’s too much work and since you’ve already had the body and sex with the hot chick, you feel like you’ve made it and taper off down the line to regress to the mean.

It’s life. And I think that’s what has happened to Frank.

RealSNR
09-25-2021, 07:43 PM
I think Frank Clark might be a case study of what happens when guys get paid. He had a troubled childhood past living in poverty. Now he’s got his first huge check. He also won the Super Bowl, so he’s accomplished the 2 things most players want in this league regardless if they love the game or not: a ring and wealth.

It’s like working out. You work your ass off and finally get the body you want over time. Then you turn out like Lewdog and get a hot chick in bed. You’ve made it. But the hard part is the consistency. You need to work out to keep that body which is a standard requirement to bag a super hot chick (unless you’re loaded money wise).

So it's not mystery AIDS? Or whatever the fuck he has?

Shiver Me Timbers
09-25-2021, 08:14 PM
.......Then you turn out like Lewdog ......

This ought to go over like a lead balloon.........

-King-
09-25-2021, 08:39 PM
If Dee wasn’t speed rushing, he absolutely loafed it coming in on the inside. The dude just shied away from contact whenever he could. Hell, he did that in the same game where Frank came up with that game clinching sack.

At least he had a go to. His speed rush was a genuine elite skill. What kind of pass rush is Frank even average at?

I'm happy about what he gave us that 2019 run, but it's obvious at this point that that it was just a lucky streak that so luckily coincided with our biggest games.

RealSNR
09-25-2021, 09:10 PM
I don't really care how desperate we are at a certain position. No more trading 1st rounders for players who need big contracts.

A team needs great players on cheap contracts. When you trade those picks away and hand out big money deals to those players, it kicks you in the nuts multiple times. That can be ok if the player is a Pro Bowl-level guy (at MINIMUM) at his position, but even then, you can't do that shit all the time. You'll run out of cap dollars pretty quickly.

Yes, I know Veach is probably done doing those kinds of deals for awhile, but damn, this one is kind of painful. If we had drafted a good player with that 1st rounder in 2019, we'd have cap space AND that guy kicking ass for us. If we drafted a bust with that pick, we'd at least still have the cap space.

And at least OBJ is going to give us a year of cheap play. Clark didn't even get us that.

Chiefspants
09-25-2021, 09:43 PM
I'm happy about what he gave us that 2019 run, but it's obvious at this point that that it was just a lucky streak that so luckily coincided with our biggest games.

I too am in favor of letting him go.

Chief Pagan
09-25-2021, 10:00 PM
I don't really care how desperate we are at a certain position. No more trading 1st rounders for players who need big contracts.

A team needs great players on cheap contracts. When you trade those picks away and hand out big money deals to those players, it kicks you in the nuts multiple times. That can be ok if the player is a Pro Bowl-level guy (at MINIMUM) at his position, but even then, you can't do that shit all the time. You'll run out of cap dollars pretty quickly.

Yes, I know Veach is probably done doing those kinds of deals for awhile, but damn, this one is kind of painful. If we had drafted a good player with that 1st rounder in 2019, we'd have cap space AND that guy kicking ass for us. If we drafted a bust with that pick, we'd at least still have the cap space.

And at least OBJ is going to give us a year of cheap play. Clark didn't even get us that.

So CEH isn't all bad?

:D

Titty Meat
09-26-2021, 01:59 AM

Aside from maybe this yeara draft Veachs have looked pretty sorry. Snead and a bunch of rotational players on defense

Chargem
09-26-2021, 02:35 AM
Is it even worth cutting Frank? I am seeing about 13m dead cap to free up 13m of space.. I guess with a small hit in year 1, you could have another shot at a DE with that 13m.

CoMoChief
09-26-2021, 06:35 AM
Chiefs were dumb not investing in DE this yr.

Dunno why they thought Clark would show up this yr. He got paid and now he's done being a high level player. Let's just call it as it is. Just accept it no need to argue anymore about it...it sucks, he did great during SB win run in 2020.
That was 2 seasons ago...

He does great things that don't show up on paper...BS, he got paid big$$$ to sack the QB. Sacks gets you paid, little things don't. Has more gun charges and hammy issues than sacks.

TwistedChief
09-26-2021, 07:18 AM
Chiefs were dumb not investing in DE this yr.

The Chiefs spend more on their DL than any other team in the NFL.

They brought in Reed who has been a solid pass rusher at DT which they figured would allow Jones to kick out to DE.

They drafted a DE in the 4th round.

What are you talking about?

Chris Meck
09-26-2021, 07:44 AM
Clark is a mystery.

He generally plays nearly every snap. He appears to be playing hard. It's not like when Houston would take plays off, he goes hard, he just no longer seems effective.

I think it's something with his stomach issues. Like it's Crohn's or something and it's sapping his strength.

It sucks, and it is what it is, but I don't see a loafing player.

louie aguiar
09-26-2021, 07:57 AM

They brought in Reed who has been a solid pass rusher at DT which they figured would allow Jones to kick out to DE.

And even with all the investments at the position the play at DE has been brutal. Missing on the Kpass and Speaks picks hurts

TribalElder
09-26-2021, 08:59 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/v3OmDGtKYn">pic.twitter.com/v3OmDGtKYn</a> <a href="https://t.co/obfa6cLCp8">https://t.co/obfa6cLCp8</a></p>&mdash; Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) <a href="https://twitter.com/cdotharrison/status/1442122211192496128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King-
09-26-2021, 09:07 AM

Everyone knew we needed a DE and their solution for that was to move a player from an an already elite position, have him lose weight and hope he transitions well, and also pray a underwhelming draft pick would help. The fact that we thought there was a chance Clark would be gone some games this year due to suspension should have made us even more aggressive in addressing the DE hole. But we chose to basically do nothing and here we are.

And signing Reed and drafting a player in the 4th round isn't really investing in the DL.

Chris Meck
09-26-2021, 09:18 AM
Everyone knew we needed a DE and their solution for that was to move a player from an an already elite position, have him lose weight and hope he transitions well, and also pray a underwhelming draft pick would help. The fact that we thought there was a chance Clark would be gone some games this year due to suspension should have made us even more aggressive in addressing the DE hole. But we chose to basically do nothing and here we are.

And signing Reed and drafting a player in the 4th round isn't really investing in the DL.

What really gets me is that Tim Ward had a great camp and looked ready to play and they cut him and kept broke dick Okafor.

That I do not understand.

-King-
09-26-2021, 09:38 AM
What really gets me is that Tim Ward had a great camp and looked ready to play and they cut him and kept broke dick Okafor.

We didn't learn from Ogbah.

louie aguiar
09-26-2021, 09:38 AM

Totally agree. Still don’t get the Ward cut at all

TwistedChief
09-26-2021, 10:29 AM

But staylor told me signing Reed was the single most underrated offseason move in the entire NFL!

Was I misled?

Chris Meck
09-26-2021, 10:32 AM
But staylor told me signing Reed was the single most underrated offseason move in the entire NFL!

Was I misled?

To be fair, it SHOULD have been. So far, it looks like a waste of resources.

Chief Roundup
09-26-2021, 10:34 AM

Tim Ward looked good against 3rd stringers. He never got elevated so that should tell you and everyone else something.

Chief Roundup
09-26-2021, 10:36 AM

That is not an apple to apple comparison. Ogbah was playing regularly and was a starter when someone was out. Ward never got that far. We could not afford Ogbah either.
Try harder to make better more complete complaints.

Chris Meck
09-26-2021, 10:37 AM
Tim Ward looked good against 3rd stringers. He never got elevated so that should tell you and everyone else something.

Not true.

In week 17 against the Chargers starters, he looked good.

In the preseason he got a lot of snaps early in games against 1's and 2's. Like against Arizona, for instance.

I think they thought they could sneak him back onto the practice squad but NY nabbed him.

louie aguiar
09-26-2021, 10:43 AM

Was I misled?

It should have been a red flag that the Seahawks decided to cut him. He’s been invisible the first two games.

Rausch
09-26-2021, 10:45 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/v3OmDGtKYn">pic.twitter.com/v3OmDGtKYn</a> <a href="https://t.co/obfa6cLCp8">https://t.co/obfa6cLCp8</a></p>&mdash; Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) <a href="https://twitter.com/cdotharrison/status/1442122211192496128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Frank Morris?

Sammie Clark?...

Chief Roundup
09-26-2021, 10:46 AM
Not true.

In week 17 against the Chargers starters, he looked good.

In the preseason he got a lot of snaps early in games against 1's and 2's. Like against Arizona, for instance.

I think they thought they could sneak him back onto the practice squad but NY nabbed him.

Yeah, they did grab him. He is a backup that is rotational, not a knock, but he is behind Bryce Huff, a UDFA. Ward has gotten 17 snaps in each of the first two games and complied a whopping 1 asst tackle, no hurries, no QB hits. Let us not act like we let another David Irving leave.

Chief Roundup
09-26-2021, 10:48 AM
It should have been a red flag that the Seahawks decided to cut him. He’s been invisible the first two games.

The Seahawks did not cut him. They franchise tagged him and traded him to us.

louie aguiar
09-26-2021, 10:51 AM

Wrong. We didn’t trade for him. The Seahawks released him

OKchiefs
09-26-2021, 10:51 AM

Reed, not Clark

The Franchise
09-26-2021, 10:52 AM
You’re both talking about different players.

-King-
09-26-2021, 10:52 AM
That is not an apple to apple comparison. Ogbah was playing regularly and was a starter when someone was out. Ward never got that far. We could not afford Ogbah either.
Try harder to make better more complete complaints.

We could afford Ogbah. We were able to sign 100mil+ in contracts with like $102 in cap space left. If we wanted bad enough, we could have fit him in.

Chief Roundup
09-26-2021, 10:56 AM
Yep, sorry I was referring to Clark. My bad.

Titty Meat
09-26-2021, 11:15 AM
How many of Toubs toys are we gonna continue to keep on this roster fuck

JPH83
09-26-2021, 12:00 PM
Yeah, they did grab him. He is a backup that is rotational, not a knock, but he is behind Bryce Huff, a UDFA. Ward has gotten 17 snaps in each of the first two games and complied a whopping 1 asst tackle, no hurries, no QB hits. Let us not act like we let another David Irving leave.

Not that surprising he's behind a guy whose been there a year and is within the system, even with a new HC coming in. Also Huff looks fairy decent. They also have Shaq Lawson and Franklin Myers - two good players who should rightly get a lot of snaps.

It's a head scratcher to me that he can get snaps within that group but not ours. We've had 53 from Okafor - do we think they've been more productive?

I don't think there's been enough of Ward on tape to say with confidence he'd have had a big impact. But I think within a few weeks we might be able to say he'd have been a useful rotational player and an upgrade on what we have, even if only marginal.

RealSNR
09-26-2021, 12:31 PM

Ogbah had a season ending injury and had yet to demonstrate a consistent starter quality of play from his time in Cleveland until he got here. For what he signed in Miami and what we knew at the time, it was probably smart to let him walk.

That shit happens all the time in the NFL where the risk you didn’t take is one you should have. It’s far from a screw up though.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2021, 10:35 AM
SMH

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No Frank Clark today.... For what his contract is, there may not be a worse contract in football when it comes to production and dependability <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Ron Hughley (@RealRonTheShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealRonTheShow/status/1442114502447796226?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King-
09-27-2021, 11:50 AM
Ogbah had a season ending injury and had yet to demonstrate a consistent starter quality of play from his time in Cleveland until he got here. For what he signed in Miami and what we knew at the time, it was probably smart to let him walk.

That shit happens all the time in the NFL where the risk you didn’t take is one you should have. It’s far from a screw up though.
5.5 in 4 starts (10 games overall) isn't consistent starter material? If he played the whole season, there's a very good chance he would have led the league in sacks. And he was pretty good against the run IIRC.

TribalElder
10-01-2021, 06:01 PM
Looks like he has court on Monday Oct 4th possibly
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/15/kansas-city-chiefs-frank-clark-arraignment-october-4-nfl-week-5/

maybe that's why his dick broke

FloridaMan88
10-01-2021, 06:20 PM
SMH

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No Frank Clark today.... For what his contract is, there may not be a worse contract in football when it comes to production and dependability <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Ron Hughley (@RealRonTheShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealRonTheShow/status/1442114502447796226?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

$28 million cap hit this season, largest non-QB cap hit in the league.

TLO
10-01-2021, 06:22 PM
Looks like he has court on Monday Oct 4th possibly
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/15/kansas-city-chiefs-frank-clark-arraignment-october-4-nfl-week-5/

maybe that's why his dick broke

Guilty on all charges. Must pay back entire salary to my favorite football team, The Kansas City Chiefs.

Red Dawg
10-01-2021, 06:24 PM
I believe his contract has some clause in it that can be exercised to get money back because of this shit. They should use it. He deserves it.

Titty Meat
10-01-2021, 06:26 PM
Court should add a few charges of fraud along with those gun charges

FloridaMan88
10-01-2021, 06:27 PM
Court should add a few charges of fraud along with those gun charges

And criminal neglect of his hamstrings.

smithandrew051
10-01-2021, 06:27 PM
Guilty on all charges. Must pay back entire salary to my favorite football team, The Kansas City Chiefs.

Correct.

Committing fraud is also illegal. So the Seattle Seahawks must pay a 1st and 2nd round pick back to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Chiefs, as the clear victims, get their cap space and picks back but also get to keep the Lombardi trophy from winning the Super Bowl.

Wisconsin_Chief
10-01-2021, 06:47 PM
Human garbage.

MIAdragon
10-01-2021, 06:48 PM
Day to day #2

Easy 6
10-01-2021, 07:01 PM
With all of this swirling around he's mentally checked out at this point, you know what to do Brett... go get us some help, STAT

smithandrew051
10-01-2021, 07:04 PM
With all of this swirling around he's mentally checked out at this point, you know what to do Brett... go get us some help, STAT

I am still a FA

BossChief
10-01-2021, 07:07 PM
Frank….

Listen….

We will all forget about this horrid span of games if you destroy worlds in the final 10-14 games and when the playoffs hit, be that bloodthirsty slobbering pit bull that lead the charge against Derrick Henry’s power offense.

We need that guy back.

Easy 6
10-01-2021, 07:16 PM
I am still a FA

I'll call Brett and let him know, after that its between your team and him...

PAChiefsGuy
10-01-2021, 07:25 PM
He got hurt in practice? The fuck is going on w this dude?

New World Order
10-01-2021, 07:32 PM

Halfcan
10-01-2021, 07:32 PM
Chiefs should send a message to all the other underperforming guys on the team and bench Frank. He is the worst-performing D-linemen in the NFL.

Sassy Squatch
10-01-2021, 07:37 PM
Chiefs should send a message to all the other underperforming guys on the team and bench Frank. He is the worst-performing D-linemen in the NFL.
...?

smithandrew051
10-01-2021, 07:52 PM
I'll call Brett and let him know, after that its between your team and him...

Thank u.

Will do my best to go low on Brady in the Super Bowl and end his career, even if penalized.

crayzkirk
10-01-2021, 08:11 PM
Isn't free agency a little like buying a used car. The seller says that this is the best used car that they have ever had and is willing to part with it for only a first round pick. So, willing to give up a know good player for the chance at another? Sounds like the typical used car deal. If I have a good car, I keep it in good repair, spend money on it and use it.

I've never bought a used car that way. Why do we trade draft picks for players that other teams deem expendable?

Halfcan
10-01-2021, 10:29 PM
...?

Top 3 paid defensive player and ranked dead last in production.

He does not even give a shit any longer. He has been a distraction since his multiple arrest.

TLO
10-03-2021, 06:32 PM
This piece of shit...

Molitoth
10-03-2021, 06:38 PM
This has been veachs worst move, and it still got us a Superbowl.

That said, take an Uzi to this contract.

Shiver Me Timbers
10-03-2021, 06:43 PM
Would help if he actually played in a game this year

Aspengc8
10-03-2021, 08:20 PM
Was and never will be the same as before the double elbow surgeries.

FloridaMan88
10-03-2021, 09:08 PM
He should lose his starting job to Danna.

ThyKingdomCome15
10-03-2021, 09:13 PM
He should lose his starting job to Danna.

He may have. Danna had two sacks today and is our best DL right now. But with Kaindoh hurt we are short handed. We need Clark.

Sassy Squatch
10-04-2021, 05:50 PM
Arraignment this morning. Anybody heard anything?

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 05:52 PM
Arraignment this morning. Anybody heard anything?

Clark hasn't tweeted since February.

He's in a dark place.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 06:34 PM
My last hope for this pile of shit to demonstrate any worth is as someone who can absorb snaps and keep Danna fresh for pass rushing situations.

Danna is too small and not really all that polished so asking him to be a 3 down player is too much. If Clark can just fucking show up, take a few replacement levels snaps while Danna stays fresh and then Danna can try to muddle his way into a pass rush with fresh legs, we’ll at least get SOMETHING out of this bum.

New World Order
10-04-2021, 06:35 PM

He's in a dark place.

He’s counting his money

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 06:37 PM
My last hope for this pile of shit to demonstrate any worth is as someone who can absorb snaps and keep Danna fresh for pass rushing situations.

Danna is too small and not really all that polished so asking him to be a 3 down player is too much. If Clark can just fucking show up, take a few replacement levels snaps while Danna stays fresh and then Danna can try to muddle his way into a pass rush with fresh legs, we’ll at least get SOMETHING out of this bum.

We got a big silver trophy from him.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 06:38 PM

He's in a dark place.

This presumes he’s capable of shame.

Not sure why anyone would believe he is. Dude’s gonna be Larry Johnson when we finally ditch his ass.

“I’m Cak’n, patna!!!”

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 06:40 PM
Maybe his body just gave out man.

There's no shame in that. That's Veach's fault.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 06:40 PM
We got a big silver trophy from him.

Sure thing.

Guy was less important than Dan Sorensen in that run. Sure seems like it’s fair game to criticize the UDFA who’s making 10% of what Clark is and has made far greater contributions to the team than Clark the last 3 seasons.

It’s insane the rationalizations people continue to make for this trash.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 07:03 PM
No rationalizations.

He was great for one year.

Pretty good for a year.

And now his body is done.

Sucks that we overpaid but I'd do it again if it meant the ring.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 07:11 PM
No rationalizations.

He was great for one year.

Pretty good for a year.

And now his body is done.

Sucks that we overpaid but I'd do it again if it meant the ring.

He was very good for 5 games in year 1.

He was complete dog shit last year - what were you watching?

Just more rationalizing even in a post where you insist you aren’t.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 07:18 PM
And again - if every post about Frank Clark requires some sort of qualifier about the Super Bowl, why don’t we extend Dan Sorensen the same courtesy? Or Austin Reiter? Or K-Pass? Where’s’ “sure Mecole screwed up again but man that kick return changed EVERYTHING!”

Why do people bend over backwards for this guy? Why do I have to put an asterisk by any criticism of him?

Why does Frank Clark get a pass for a championship that required incredible moments and performances from a couple dozen other guys who get nowhere near that kind of latitude?

Tell me more about how you don’t make excuses for him…

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 07:20 PM
He was very good for 5 games in year 1.

He was complete dog shit last year - what were you watching?

Just more rationalizing even in a post where you insist you aren’t.

Complete dog shit is Eric Hicks.

Clark was a decent player last year.

You are very mean and shortsighted sometimes.

stevieray
10-04-2021, 07:22 PM
He got paid.

And a ring.

No fire now.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 07:23 PM
Complete dog shit is Eric Hicks.

Clark was a decent player last year.

You are very mean and shortsighted sometimes.

He WAS Eric Hicks last year.

Look at how infrequently he was doubled and how infrequently he won the rep. You’ve seen the graph I’m talking about. Check his win rates. Check any sort of objective measure of his performance.

He was a bad football player in 2020.

You’re incredibly myopic most of the time.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 07:36 PM
And you waffle between HOFer and JAG on most player evaluations...very sad!

He had 6 sacks, 15 QB hits and 8 TFL for crying out loud...

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 07:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4hQU8HXoAAKF-f?format=jpg&name=large

Nice season, Frank...

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 07:40 PM
Not sure I trust that chart as it also shits on JPP and Shaq who were buttfucking us in the SB.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 07:43 PM
And you waffle between HOFer and JAG on most player evaluations...very sad!

He had 6 sacks, 15 QB hits and 8 TFL for crying out loud...

Oh FFS - I've defended dudes like Sorensen and Reiter. I've argued in favor of extending guys like Ward because he's simply a credible player at a difficult position. When everyone spent 3-4 years shitting on Fisher I called them idiots for it. This very day, in the CEH thread, when you're bagging on Clyde for not being Barry Sanders and being unable to outrun defenses to the pylon, I'm the one pointing out the insanity of those expectations.

I've never for one second devalued the contributions of merely solid players. I think they're invaluable.

Frank Clark isn't a solid player He wasn't a solid player for the majority of his first season, no matter how hard you guys tried to argue otherwise and blamed warm weather while congratulating him for almost making a play.

You have a soft spot for a bad player. I have no earthly idea why this is the case, but I'm clearly not going to convince you of it either.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 07:45 PM
It's just silly to call him bad...he is bad now, sure.

Last two years he was a solid contributor.

Bump
10-04-2021, 07:46 PM
his effort in the Superbowl win won't be forgotten. But he is not a $100 mill guy. Whenever it's financially viable to cut him you gotta cut him.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 07:46 PM
Frank did more for our defense than CEH has ever done for the offense.

Yet you are on your knees for that yawn of a player.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 07:47 PM
Not sure I trust that chart as it also shits on JPP and Shaq who were buttfucking us in the SB.

How's it bag on Shaq? That's a top 10 pass-rush win rate.

That's the problem with Clark - it isn't that he doesn't win reps or that he doesn't draw doubles. It's that he doesn't draw doubles AND he doesn't win reps.

Barrett, when left alone, won the rep. Clark didn't do anything like that in 2020. And you know this.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 07:48 PM
It's just silly to call him bad...he is bad now, sure.

Last two years he was a solid contributor.

All actual analysis of him to the contrary.

Find me anything that supports him as even an average football player in 2020.

You're seeing what you want to see.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 07:51 PM
Conveniently left out JPP....

stevieray
10-04-2021, 07:51 PM
his effort in the Superbowl win won't be forgotten.

That whole playoff run for me.

Plus he has legal troubles. Game is mostly mental. His head and heart are somewhere else, IMO.

:shrug:

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 07:52 PM
Find me anything that supports him as even an average football player in 2020.

PFR AV 14

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 07:52 PM
Frank did more for our defense than CEH has ever done for the offense.

Yet you are on your knees for that yawn of a player.

I called him 'fine'. I said he's good enough. Yeah - way more fawning than trying to build a case for Frank Clark on 5 good football games.

You can't even keep your arguments straight at this point because you've talked yourself into a circle.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 07:57 PM
Bad football players don't get 6 sacks and 8 TFL and 15 QB hits...

Not like I'm calling him elite.

You just refuse to move.

Like Clark against the Titans in the AFCCG... :)

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 07:58 PM
PFR AV 14

Travis Kelce -- PFR AV: 13

Tell me more about the value of AV.

It's orders of magnitude more useless than anything PFF has ever crapped out.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 08:00 PM
I mean I'm not saying it's completely accurate, dead on.

But there's plenty of evidence he was not a "bad" football player last year.

Anyway, YMMV. He certainly showed up more than DT in the postseason, that's for sure.

New World Order
10-04-2021, 08:03 PM
Was he bad last year? Prob not.

Did he live up to his contract last year? Obv not

Bump
10-04-2021, 08:03 PM
That whole playoff run for me.

Plus he has legal troubles. Game is mostly mental. His head and heart are somewhere else, IMO.

:shrug:

ya the entire playoffs/superbowl he played a big role. Didn't he close out every game with a sack? That shit was legendary. But obviously he isn't doing enough to keep him whenever it makes sense to cut him, you just have to. I'm not sure when that is, but you know it's gotta happen.

-King-
10-04-2021, 08:05 PM

You just refuse to move.

I'd be willing to bet at 4 or 5 of them were coverage sacks or something of the sort. Good on Clark for getting them but I've never seen any player fall into sacks more.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 08:06 PM

You just refuse to move.

Let's disregard the 14 sack season - In 2002 Eric Hicks had 9 sacks and 9 TFL.

Benson Mayowa had 6 sacks and 7 TFL last season and is playing for $2.25 million this year and he didn't have Chris Jones drawing attention.

But please - continue....

Hammock Parties
10-04-2021, 08:11 PM
Nope. Your choice to be a fan.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2021, 08:12 PM
Nope. Your choice to be a fan.

https://c.tenor.com/9PxhbMjfDFcAAAAM/chris-benoit-wwe.gif

RealSNR
10-04-2021, 09:07 PM
And again - if every post about Frank Clark requires some sort of qualifier about the Super Bowl, why don’t we extend Dan Sorensen the same courtesy? Or Austin Reiter? Or K-Pass? Where’s’ “sure Mecole screwed up again but man that kick return changed EVERYTHING!”

Why do people bend over backwards for this guy? Why do I have to put an asterisk by any criticism of him?

Why does Frank Clark get a pass for a championship that required incredible moments and performances from a couple dozen other guys who get nowhere near that kind of latitude?

He’s not even Christian Colon or Drew Butera,

He’s the corpse that was Omar Infante’s contract in 2015

Molitoth
10-05-2021, 06:30 AM

Damn, what a rational way to look at the situation.
Nice post. :clap:

crayzkirk
10-05-2021, 06:47 AM
I have to agree that he is probably somewhere else right now mentally. Physically, he was injured when we bought him and he seems to have injury issues. It seems like a position that's pretty hard on the body.

Regardless of his past success, the NFL stands for Not For Long when you aren't producing.

The fact that he's not available hurts the most. It's like buying a used car that runs great the first year, breaks down and never runs like it did when you bought it again. Plus you still have three years of payments to make.

I really hope that this helps them to see why giving big contracts to defensive players usually ends up being a bad deal for the team in the long run.

Either way, it is what it is. He's not the only reason the defense is looking bad. A lot of people aren't earning their pay out there.

suzzer99
10-05-2021, 08:37 AM
Clark doesn't get a pass, Veech does because Clark helped us win our first SB in 50 years.

I think everyone here admits Clark sucks now.

Hoover
10-05-2021, 08:43 AM
I think the Chiefs are better when Frank Clark plays.

I don't like the contract either, but when he's not out there there is a lack of talent.

He needs to go after this year, but damn we need to get something, anything out of him this season.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2021, 08:57 AM

I don't like the contract either, but when he's not out there there is a lack of talent.

He needs to go after this year, but damn we need to get something, anything out of him this season.

DJ nailed it.

If he can set the edge while Danna provides pass rush we get a little better.

DJ's left nut
10-05-2021, 11:12 AM

When he IS in there he does nothing to demonstrably alter the talent level of the DL.

But you're right in one respect - when he's not out there there is definitely a lack of bodies. We're just too damn thin without him and we're asking more of Danna and Wharton than we have right to ask. Hell, we're asking more of Jones than we can reasonably expect him to provide.

I'm just really confused. I do not understand for one minute how the organization thought they could roll Jones, Clark, Okafor, Danna and Kaindoh out there and call the DE position set.

They knew Clark had injury issues (and that he fucking sucks) and that Okafor hasn't been consistently healthy or productive in his first two seasons on the squad. They knew that Kaindoh is raw as hell and not ready for prime time. They knew that Jones was an experiment and that Danna was a relatively undersized player for an end (who still doesn't really have much in the way of pass-rush technique).

I don't get it. How did they think this was going to go?

I understand that they had limited resources and did the best they could with what they had available, but it seems like the DE position was just an afterthought for them all off-season. That's bizarre as hell to me. I mean if you're not going to address DE, go sign Reddick and Ingram and roll with a {gag} base 3-4.

How could this plan have ever worked?

louie aguiar
10-05-2021, 11:23 AM
When he IS in there he does nothing to demonstrably alter the talent level of the DL.

But you're right in one respect - when he's not out there there is definitely a lack of bodies. We're just too damn thin without him and we're asking more of Danna and Wharton than we have right to ask. Hell, we're asking more of Jones than we can reasonably expect him to provide.

I'm just really confused. I do not understand for one minute how the organization thought they could roll Jones, Clark, Okafor, Danna and Kaindoh out there and call the DE position set.

They knew Clark had injury issues (and that he ****ing sucks) and that Okafor hasn't been consistently healthy or productive in his first two seasons on the squad. They knew that Kaindoh is raw as hell and not ready for prime time. They knew that Jones was an experiment and that Danna was a relatively undersized player for an end (who still doesn't really have much in the way of pass-rush technique).

I understand that they had limited resources and did the best they could with what they had available, but it seems like the DE position was just an afterthought for them all off-season. That's bizarre as hell to me. I mean if you're not going to address DE, go sign Reddick and Ingram and roll with a {gag} base 3-4.

I agree. When they signed Jarran Reed I think they thought that would allow them to kick Jones out and Reed could be a disruptor in the middle like Chris Jones has been. In reality, they ended up downgrading two positions.

RunKC
10-05-2021, 11:33 AM
The trade was made when we had Patrick on a rookie deal and needed a push. They didn’t want a rookie out there for a title run.

And yeah I get that Frank has deteriorated but he was acquired to help us win a ring. He was a huge reason why we won too.

So yes the trade was a success even as it stands now.

Get out of it after the season, get your $19.5 million back and work towards the future.

Gary Cooper
10-05-2021, 11:44 AM

They knew Clark had injury issues (and that he ****ing sucks) and that Okafor hasn't been consistently healthy or productive in his first two seasons on the squad. They knew that Kaindoh is raw as hell and not ready for prime time. They knew that Jones was an experiment and that Danna was a relatively undersized player for an end (who still doesn't really have much in the way of pass-rush technique).

Good point. Maybe they thought they were strong at DT, making it easier on the DE.

FAX
10-05-2021, 06:17 PM
So ...

Clark was finally and formally charged with felony possession of an assault weapon (the March incident)?

FAX

dlphg9
10-12-2021, 01:28 AM
Been a week since this thread has had a comment. Can't let it fall so far off. Fucking sucks man

JPH83
10-12-2021, 02:15 AM
I'm genuinely excited about cutting his salary. We're going to get better at DE next year at probably a fraction of the lost.

OKchiefs
10-12-2021, 08:41 AM
I'm genuinely excited about cutting his salary. We're going to get better at DE next year at probably a fraction of the lost.

Are we though? Why should we have faith in Veach to scout DE talent?

Jerm
10-12-2021, 08:42 AM
I've been a staunch defender of Clark's and think he was vital in us winning the Super Bowl but yeah, it's over now...he's pretty much just robbing $$ from us at this point.

Thanks for what you did, adios as soon as we can get out from under it.

Chris Meck
10-12-2021, 08:48 AM
We could have TWO decent, solid, above average DE's for what we pay Clark. Which is EXACTLY what we should do in '22. That AND draft one in round 1. Buffalo has the right idea, load up, rotate them and keep them fresh.

penguinz
10-12-2021, 09:27 AM
We could have TWO decent, solid, above average DE's for what we pay Clark. Which is EXACTLY what we should do in '22. That AND draft one in round 1. Buffalo has the right idea, load up, rotate them and keep them fresh.Never draft a position just to draft a position. This is only a good idea if a quality DE is there when we draft in Rd 1.

The Franchise
10-12-2021, 09:29 AM
We could have TWO decent, solid, above average DE's for what we pay Clark. Which is EXACTLY what we should do in '22. That AND draft one in round 1. Buffalo has the right idea, load up, rotate them and keep them fresh.

Yep. I saw that in the game and realized how smart it was.

DJ's left nut
10-12-2021, 09:32 AM
Never draft a position just to draft a position. This is only a good idea if a quality DE is there when we draft in Rd 1.

There will be. This is an incredibly deep DE draft. And there are a 2-3 genuine top 10 prospects, one of whom will likely fall a bit because that's just how the draft goes.

Obviously I'd prefer pick at 32, but if they're around 18, that's within striking distance of a potential Brian Burns type of player. Now sometimes those guys can be boom/bust and turn into a Rashan Gary instead, but sometimes you've just gotta chance it.

Even someone like Montez Sweat would make an enormous difference on the DL. There WILL be someone like that that the Chiefs will be able to draft. If Veach is the big swinging dick some claim, he needs to get it right.

Dunerdr
10-12-2021, 10:55 AM
There will be. This is an incredibly deep DE draft. And there are a 2-3 genuine top 10 prospects, one of whom will likely fall a bit because that's just how the draft goes.

Obviously I'd prefer pick at 32, but if they're around 18, that's within striking distance of a potential Brian Burns type of player. Now sometimes those guys can be boom/bust and turn into a Rashan Gary instead, but sometimes you've just gotta chance it.

Even someone like Montez Sweat would make an enormous difference on the DL. There WILL be someone like that that the Chiefs will be able to draft. If Veach is the big swinging dick some claim, he needs to get it right.

Last draft season people were saying this should be a massive draft class with kids coming back in the picture from covid opt outs ect. Does that still ring true? If so we may be getting a shit load of UDFA's.

Hammock Parties
10-12-2021, 10:58 AM
He set that edge like a BEAST last night.

Chris Meck
10-12-2021, 11:25 AM
Never draft a position just to draft a position. This is only a good idea if a quality DE is there when we draft in Rd 1.

obviously a hypothetical, but there generally is.

DJ's left nut
10-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Last draft season people were saying this should be a massive draft class with kids coming back in the picture from covid opt outs ect. Does that still ring true? If so we may be getting a shit load of UDFA's.

Eh, maybe - maybe not.

Guys that came back for a 5th year probably weren't NFL caliber and still aren't. Guys like Ja'Marr Chase who sat out the whole season but was a genuine superstar prospect still left early.

I think the vast majority of guys who sat out last season but came back this year just weren't draft eligible in 2021. I suspect the back of the 2nd day and most of the 3rd day will be a little deeper than usual. And yeah, there may be more UDFAs that would ordinarily get 3rd day grades than usual, but those are pretty fungible.

I mean it's not like there's a shortage of UDFAs floating around most years anyway.

If this turns out to be a stellar draft class, it won't be 'COVID carryovers' that make it so. It'll just be the vagaries of draft classes/timing.

DJ's left nut
10-12-2021, 01:27 PM
Here - have my take on the potential 1st round DEs from the draft thread (because I know its super important to all of you...)

Aidan Hutchinson is the one I'm watching most closely, DE out of Michigan, because he might be gettable.

Thibodeaux may well go 1.1 so who cares? Leal may well go top 5 to boot. Jordan Davis is a big ol' mauler of a DT but he's probably never going to be an asset rushing the passer so unless we end up late 1st, I can't see taking him.

George Karlaftis is the other guy who will maybe slide to us. I think he or Hutchinson go top 10 and the other guy slips a bit. Hard to tell yet how that's going to go though.

I like Drake Jackson out of USC but he may not have the length to be a 3-down guy and probably a little light to boot. But as a LEO? He might be a damn nice fit. Man he's explosive. Myjai Sanders has been a little disappointing thus far and didn't play last year due to COVID but was excellent in '19 and could still put together good tape this season. Adam Anderson is a more boom/bust version of Drake Jackson and may just not be a 4-3 guy, but again - the LEO makes things a little different if we choose to go that direction. Anderson could do it.

My present preference is probably:

Hutchinson
Karlaftis
Anderson
Jackson
Sanders

And I'd be more than happy to take any of those guys in the 1st. I suspect one will make it to us or at least be within reasonable trade-up range. If Davis fell I'd be okay with the pick in the back of the 1st. He wouldn't be sexy but man, if Nnadi and Reed are as bad as they've looked, our problems at DT are as big as our problems at DE.

In closing, Frank Clark sucks.

But Breeland Speaks sucked worse.

So lets not do THAT again...

DJ's left nut
10-12-2021, 06:04 PM
He set that edge like a BEAST last night.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m just gonna leave this here and say this run didn&#39;t have to go as far as it did. <a href="https://t.co/OQFtYY3PrN">pic.twitter.com/OQFtYY3PrN</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Harms (@InHarmsWay19) <a href="https://twitter.com/InHarmsWay19/status/1448056337548578816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah. Sure he did.

Give. Up.

He’s fat, he’s lazy and he’s just not worth a shit.

Zero pressures in his two games thus far. Loafing on run downs.

Just a complete waste of a roster spot, let alone the cap space and draft pick.

Titty Meat
10-12-2021, 06:10 PM
Hutchinson is a beast we would be lucky to get him

Halfcan
10-12-2021, 06:51 PM
Look at all those D players jogging along like they are playing a pickup game of nerf ball in the park. Pathetic.

DJ's left nut
10-12-2021, 07:28 PM
Look at all those D players jogging along like they are playing a pickup game of nerf ball in the park. Pathetic.

Gotta love our team leader Mathieu making a business decision.

He probably threw his hands up and blamed someone else to boot…

Red Dawg
10-12-2021, 07:30 PM
Paychecks. No effort, they have checked out.

Chiefnj2
10-12-2021, 07:38 PM
So ...

Clark was finally and formally charged with felony possession of an assault weapon (the March incident)?

FAX

The prosecutor changed the charge to felony fraud for impersonating a DE.

louie aguiar
10-12-2021, 07:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m just gonna leave this here and say this run didn&#39;t have to go as far as it did. <a href="https://t.co/OQFtYY3PrN">pic.twitter.com/OQFtYY3PrN</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Harms (@InHarmsWay19) <a href="https://twitter.com/InHarmsWay19/status/1448056337548578816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah. Sure he did.

Give. Up.

Are there any consequences for that kind of effort or do we keep throwing vets out there because they’re getting paid? What a disaster Frank Clark turned out to be.

CatfishBob2
10-12-2021, 07:40 PM

Yeah. Sure he did.

Give. Up.

Idk if Clark has the juice to get around 73 and make that stop. I listened to a chiefs podcast today that said Clark was credited with 5 pressures, validating what I said in another thread that some of these guys didn't play as bad as you think. The sky isn't falling people. Once the guys get on the same page, the rest of the league is in trouble. If it doesn't happen, then maybe our guys needed a slice of humble pie..

Sorenson still needs to GTFOH

Edit: I take that back it could have got to the hole