PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Frank Clark fucking sucks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27

louie aguiar
09-08-2022, 11:40 AM
Was it confirmed that he has Crohn's?

I think (hope) that’s just speculation.

siberian khatru
09-08-2022, 01:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark has resolved his legal matter regarding gun charges stemming from two 2021 arrests in LA: <a href="https://t.co/NEPmTrwLlQ">https://t.co/NEPmTrwLlQ</a></p>&mdash; Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) <a href="https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/1567949452794552327?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe
09-08-2022, 01:16 PM
So he wasn't sick?

New World Order
09-08-2022, 01:18 PM
Crohn's is a shitty disease. I know haha nice pun as well but it is. Friend of mine who was a D1 athlete has it. He went from a chiseled 210 down to 130 because of it.

It would make sense if he did. My brother has Chrohn's and sometimes has painful attacks and won't eat for a couple of days. It would explain Frank's absences.

New World Order
09-08-2022, 01:19 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark has resolved his legal matter regarding gun charges stemming from two 2021 arrests in LA: <a href="https://t.co/NEPmTrwLlQ">https://t.co/NEPmTrwLlQ</a></p>&mdash; Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) <a href="https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/1567949452794552327?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's it? After all that?

Lordy.

BryanBusby
09-08-2022, 01:19 PM
So he wasn't sick?

His mommy called him in sick to court.

dlphg9
09-08-2022, 01:25 PM
So he wasn't sick?

He's sick and tired of being sick and tired.

TomBarndtsTwin
09-08-2022, 02:28 PM
I’m sick and tired of Frank Clark being sick and tired.

Will be nice to finally have his large cap hit off the books next year . . . . .

MIAdragon
09-08-2022, 02:32 PM
I’m sick and tired of Frank Clark being sick and tired.

Will be nice to finally have his large cap hit off the books next year . . . . .

It should have already happened.

DJ's left nut
09-08-2022, 02:57 PM
It should have already happened.

If it had, we wouldn't get to carry $9 million in dead money on the books for him next season...

But remember "no brainer; cheaper to keep him than cut him..."

Because the folks at Arrowhead Pride can't math but they have a blog so people listen to them.

TEX
09-08-2022, 03:05 PM
Chiefs obviously know about his stomach issues and still signed him. Yet, some of you are panicking and being overly dramatic.

But CP is the place for doing just that. :shrug:

BWillie
09-08-2022, 03:07 PM
He's the 4th best DE on the team. Garbage. Always has been.

htismaqe
09-08-2022, 03:08 PM
But CP is the place for doing just that. :shrug:

Chiefsplanet, the official tampon of Chiefs Kingdom.

Wilson8
09-08-2022, 03:51 PM
That's it? After all that?

Lordy.

More info -

Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark pleaded no contest in Los Angeles on Thursday to two counts of misdemeanor possession of an assault weapon and was sentenced to one year of probation and 40 hours of community service.

Clark is due back in court early next year, when he will need to show proof that he completed his sentence.

The three-time Pro Bowl pass rusher was arrested in March 2021, when he was pulled over while riding with another man in a vehicle that did not have a license plate. An officer noticed a weapon in the car and recovered two loaded firearms.

Three months later, Clark was pulled over for a code violation and officers discovered another gun in his vehicle.

Clark, who did not practice Thursday because of an illness, spent the offseason rededicating himself to the game, going so far as to eliminate alcohol and red meat from his diet. He arrived at training camp noticeably slimmer, and during one news conference, he admitted that “at some point you have to grow up" and be an example for your kids.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chiefs-clark-pleads-no-contest-to-los-angeles-gun-charges/ar-AA11Cxbh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=599d87120c4a453bb209e8bdc503665d

DJ's left nut
09-08-2022, 03:52 PM
Thanks for only taking 2+ seasons off before 'growing up' and 'rededicating' yourself to the game and the team that made you independently wealthy.

Cool shit, bro.

Sadly, you still fucking suck.

Wilson8
09-08-2022, 04:00 PM
Just to be clear...

This no contest plea was for his March 2021 arrest.

I think he still has his June arrest to be settled unless they have already done that.

If you remember, Clark was involved in two separate incidents in California, one in March and one in June, in which he was arrested for possession of firearms.

Wilson8
09-08-2022, 04:05 PM
Maybe this was for both incidents? Someone that is a lawyer or plays a lawyer on TV will need to answer this question.

Would they take both arrests and do one plea deal?

JPH83
09-08-2022, 04:18 PM
Maybe this was for both incidents? Someone that is a lawyer or plays a lawyer on TV will need to answer this question.

Would they take both arrests and do one plea deal?

I'm no lawyer, but I'm thinking, and also hoping, it's the death penalty

Rausch
09-08-2022, 04:39 PM
Good news is there is now like 20% less of Clark to suck.

I hope he turns it on this year and rapes faces. I hope he makes a pro bowl. I hope my wife comes home with rhubarb pie and enough DMT to meet God...

Pitt Gorilla
09-08-2022, 06:08 PM
loser

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs announce that DE Frank Clark will not practice today because of an illness.<br><br>Everybody else will practice.</p>&mdash; Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/1567917540097069060?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Played a key role in helping the Chiefs to their first ring in 50 years. He might be a lot of things but I don't understand the "loser" moniker.

Chief Roundup
09-08-2022, 06:10 PM
He must have found his way back to the alcohol. He had made claims of he was off the booze and he had not been sick all offseason. What a shame.

kcclone
09-08-2022, 08:07 PM
He must have found his way back to the alcohol. He had made claims of he was off the booze and he had not been sick all offseason. What a shame.

I don’t think it’s fair to make that claim. We have no idea what he’s going through.

It sucks for the Chiefs, don’t get me wrong. But speculating that he’s back on the sauce is not fair.

RunKC
09-09-2022, 01:28 PM
Apparently got Covid

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark said he experienced dehydration after Wednesday’s practice. He said he started feeling COVID-like symptoms following the preseason finale. Clark said he tested positive for the 1st time.</p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1568308163912388608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 9, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

New World Order
09-09-2022, 01:30 PM
FRANK IS GOING TO BE READY!!!!!!

staylor26
09-09-2022, 04:43 PM

:facepalm:

TEX
09-09-2022, 05:11 PM
Apparently got Covid

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark said he experienced dehydration after Wednesday’s practice. He said he started feeling COVID-like symptoms following the preseason finale. Clark said he tested positive for the 1st time.</p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1568308163912388608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 9, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
When did he test positive?

DeathByArrows
09-09-2022, 05:18 PM

How did you ever come to that conclusion?

Easy 6
09-09-2022, 05:24 PM
I'm just gonna pretend I didn't read any of this, and continue assuming that he's going to literally murder everyone he faces

Hammock Parties
09-09-2022, 05:26 PM
first man to bump that other frank clark thread loses a testicle

TEX
09-09-2022, 05:27 PM
I'm just gonna pretend I didn't read any of this, and continue assuming that he's going to literally murder everyone he faces

With or without an Uzi? :shrug:

Hammock Parties
09-09-2022, 05:37 PM
FRANK IS GOING TO BE READY!!!!!!

https://c.tenor.com/HCB3SsuMp3kAAAAM/triumph-triumphinsultcomicdog.gif

TwistedChief
09-09-2022, 06:45 PM
first man to bump that other frank clark thread loses a testicle

I'll see your testicle and raise you a kidney.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2022, 05:48 PM
1 tackle
0 sacks
0 qb hits

eat shit

TLO
09-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Do the stats for the rest of the defensive line

irafreak
09-11-2022, 06:06 PM
Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from covid. He did not look good today.

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-11-2022, 06:19 PM
Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from covid. He did not look good today.

He hasn't looked good for most of the time he's been here. This isn't anything new.

Sorce
09-11-2022, 06:35 PM
1 tackle

0 sacks

0 qb hits

eat shitAnd 1 missed high five.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2022, 10:38 PM
frank's best rush of the night was looping in on a stunt unblocked, falling down, and getting in sneed's way on what might have been a sack

cc: DJ's Left Nut

https://i.imgur.com/2HtSPRe.gif

granted it DID stop a drive thanks to fenton being in the right place

RealSNR
09-11-2022, 10:42 PM
Yeah he's still bad.

BWillie
09-11-2022, 10:54 PM
I really dont think he can get six sacks

JPH83
09-11-2022, 11:05 PM
He's awful, nothing has changed. He's been a consistent POS and criminally overpaid.

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 12:14 AM
I really dont think he can get six sacks

It'll be a fucking miracle if he gets to 4

kjwood75nro
09-12-2022, 01:15 AM
Can someone remind me, exactly, what he did to insure our Super Bowl win. I remember him making a sack, I remember the whole Shark thing, and I remember the picture of his drooling visage, but I still can't exactly recall how his effort was THE pivotal moment that, without him, would've guaranteed we don't make/win the SB.

Keep in mind the context of his contract and its implications.

JPH83
09-12-2022, 04:26 AM
Can someone remind me, exactly, what he did to insure our Super Bowl win. I remember him making a sack, I remember the whole Shark thing, and I remember the picture of his drooling visage, but I still can't exactly recall how his effort was THE pivotal moment that, without him, would've guaranteed we don't make/win the SB.

Don't, I hate going over this argument again. He's been a terrible player for us and we will immediately improve when he f***s off.

Sassy Squatch
09-12-2022, 05:29 AM

He was an absolute monster for that entire postseason. Seriously, go back and watch the Texans game and how important he was in helping us blast our way back into that game. 10 pressures, 3 sacks. Cumulatively the second best EDGE that postseason behind only Nick Bosa. You can acknowledge both the facts that he's been terrible these last couple seasons and that he was absolutely instrumental in our 2019-2020 Super Bowl run.

In58men
09-12-2022, 05:36 AM
Kyler Murray is a difficult QB to tackle and some of you are crying about him not getting 6 sacks ROFL

Chris Meck
09-12-2022, 05:56 AM
So-not arguing anything either way on Frank Clark, but the reality of a defensive gameplan against Kyler Murray is similar to Lamar. You're probably not going to get a lot of sacks from your edge rushers unless they're coverage sacks. You try to keep him contained and IN the pocket because you're probably more concerned with his ability to run than pass and you need to keep him corralled.

So, while I'm not bullish on some great Clark resurgence, this isn't really the game to point to as evidence of anything.

The pass rush as a whole looked pretty good; Murray was mostly made uncomfortable and did not have running lanes for the most part. That's what you do against that guy, just like Lamar. You're not going to get a ton of sacks.

Dunerdr
09-12-2022, 06:03 AM
Kyler Murray is a difficult QB to tackle and some of you are crying about him not getting 6 sacks ROFL

I'd like to see the whole lines stats. The game plan for running qb's doesnt lend itself to sacks.

htismaqe
09-12-2022, 08:09 AM
So-not arguing anything either way on Frank Clark, but the reality of a defensive gameplan against Kyler Murray is similar to Lamar. You're probably not going to get a lot of sacks from your edge rushers unless they're coverage sacks. You try to keep him contained and IN the pocket because you're probably more concerned with his ability to run than pass and you need to keep him corralled.

So, while I'm not bullish on some great Clark resurgence, this isn't really the game to point to as evidence of anything.

The pass rush as a whole looked pretty good; Murray was mostly made uncomfortable and did not have running lanes for the most part. That's what you do against that guy, just like Lamar. You're not going to get a ton of sacks.

They got a lot of pressure yesterday. A LOT.

Now they just need to close. They're not going to be facing guys like Murray every week. They're going to get better.

JPH83
09-12-2022, 08:53 AM
They got a lot of pressure yesterday. A LOT.

Now they just need to close. They're not going to be facing guys like Murray every week. They're going to get better.

The Cards OL is pish, Chargers will be tougher, but I think Chris is right, probably trying to play contain a lot against Murray so we'll see.

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-12-2022, 08:57 AM

^this^ for anyone with a brain, the Midget is extremely hard to sack. We contained him quite nicely and that is no easy task.

htismaqe
09-12-2022, 08:58 AM
The Cards OL is pish, Chargers will be tougher, but I think Chris is right, probably trying to play contain a lot against Murray so we'll see.

I watched Karlaftis and he seemed to be pulling up a lot. I think it's obvious they were playing contain.

Imon Yourside
09-12-2022, 09:37 AM
Welp..... same old same old.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 09:44 AM
Eh - weird team to defense. Nothing statistically would've really changed things for me either way.

That said - looked like the same old slapdick physically. Wasn't overly quick or explosive. Wasn't able to win with power.

I'm still waiting to see this new lighter, more explosive Clark some of y'all were talking about when he showed up skinny. Sure, he's lighter. I don't see more explosive. And I don't see any power to speak of.

He's just taking up space at this point. If he's schemed into a position to succeed he might be able to. He can probably clean up a coverage sack here and there. But as far as just winning his reps goes - he doesn't have the tools to do it.

I hate having to have ANOTHER count-down to the end of Frank Clark because we should've hit 0:00 last spring. But hey, it's all there is left to do at this point. Short of Matt Cassel, I can't think of a more ignominious Chiefs career.

O.city
09-12-2022, 10:04 AM
At this point, we hope the Cowboys suck and decide to sell and go give them a 3rd for Lawrence.

TwistedChief
09-12-2022, 10:05 AM
But hey, it's all there is left to do at this point. Short of Matt Cassel, I can't think of a more ignominious Chiefs career.

Yeah, far more ignominious to have played a major role in our Super Bowl season and then fallen off than to have murdered your wife and then committed suicide on team property. Also definitely more ignominious than to have gotten drunk, slammed into a car while driving, disabled a child, all during Super Bowl week.

I’m not sure that term means what you think it does.

htismaqe
09-12-2022, 10:07 AM
At this point, we hope the Cowboys suck and decide to sell and go give them a 3rd for Lawrence.

Dude, you're entering Lexicon territory with this stuff...

Sorce
09-12-2022, 10:24 AM
^this^ for anyone with a brain, the Midget is extremely hard to sack. We contained him quite nicely and that is no easy task.

There was one play where Jones had a sack and Murray was able to duck under it and get away.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 10:26 AM
Yeah, far more ignominious to have played a major role in our Super Bowl season and then fallen off than to have murdered your wife and then committed suicide on team property. Also definitely more ignominious than to have gotten drunk, slammed into a car while driving, disabled a child, all during Super Bowl week.

I think you know I meant in terms of his on-field impact.

But keep on telling yourself he was instrumental in the SB if you'd like. It's really the last thing you ball-washers have to cling to at this point.

Clark has been a monumental bust here. He's embarrassed himself on and off the field and has done so after the expenditure of enormous cap/draft capital.

The Chiefs would've been better off had he gone ahead and gone full Belcher while still in Seattle.

ToxSocks
09-12-2022, 10:29 AM
We're starting Clark and Danna when our two best DE's are Dunlap and Karlaftis. Lol wtf.

htismaqe
09-12-2022, 10:30 AM
We're starting Clark and Danna when our two best DE's are Dunlap and Karlaftis. Lol wtf.

IIRC, Danna and Karlaftis were on the field for the first play of the first series. So technically Danna and Karlaftis were your starters.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 10:31 AM

Dunlap had more burst than I expected. And the dude REALLY stands out; he's a massive guy who uses his power well.

Maybe using him in short bursts is the way to go about it. I really liked what I saw out of him and worry a bit about him being over-exposed.

Tylerthigpen!1!
09-12-2022, 10:35 AM

I’d bet they are trying to keep dunlap fresh and will work george into the starting lineup as the season progresses.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-12-2022, 10:44 AM
Keep sleeping on Dana!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">George Karlaftis, Chris Jones and Mike Danna recorded six pressures each (!!) yesterday, per PFF. Only Maxx Crosby (7) had more among all players.<br><br>The Chiefs pressured Kyler Murray on 43% of his dropbacks.</p>&mdash; Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCChiefs_Matt/status/1569360391473610759?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 12, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch
09-12-2022, 10:47 AM
Wait, what? Thats either outright wrong or PFF has two completely different sets of contradicting analysts. What i saw Jones was attributed with 5 pressures and Karlaftis 3.

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2022, 10:58 AM
Ingram had a TD yesterday. Miss that guy already

TwistedChief
09-12-2022, 10:59 AM
Wait, what? Thats either outright wrong or PFF has two completely different sets of contradicting analysts. What i saw Jones was attributed with 5 pressures and Karlaftis 3.

These are all directly from the PFF website:
Danna: 6 hurries
Karlaftis: 5 hurries, 1 hit
Jones: 6 hurries
(Clark: 2 hurries)

Sassy Squatch
09-12-2022, 11:01 AM
These are all directly from the PFF website:
Danna: 6 hurries
Karlaftis: 5 hurries, 1 hit
Jones: 6 hurries
(Clark: 2 hurries)
Bizzare. That completely contradicts their write up.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-1-game-recap-kansas-city-chiefs-44-arizona-cardinals-21

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-12-2022, 11:05 AM

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-1-game-recap-kansas-city-chiefs-44-arizona-cardinals-21

You trust PFF??

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PFF&#39;s highest-graded QBs in Week 1 so far<br><br>1. Josh Allen - 91.5<br>2. Kirk Cousins - 85.1<br>3. Ryan Tannehill - 81.1<br>4. Justin Herbert - 79.8<br>5. Jameis Winston - 79.6<br>6. Lamar Jackson - 76.8<br>6. Jalen Hurts - 76.8<br>8. Patrick Mahomes - 71.5<br>9. Tom Brady - 70.0<br>10. Davis Mills - 68.1</p>&mdash; Jarad Evans (@PFF_Jarad) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Jarad/status/1569357343242199040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 12, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TwistedChief
09-12-2022, 11:09 AM

My suspicion is there are first and second reviews of the game and this was written before the final scores were out. As per:

Chiefs tackle Orlando Brown Jr. allowed seven pressures on his way to an 18.5 pass-blocking grade on first review.

Sassy Squatch
09-12-2022, 11:12 AM
You trust PFF??

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PFF&#39;s highest-graded QBs in Week 1 so far<br><br>1. Josh Allen - 91.5<br>2. Kirk Cousins - 85.1<br>3. Ryan Tannehill - 81.1<br>4. Justin Herbert - 79.8<br>5. Jameis Winston - 79.6<br>6. Lamar Jackson - 76.8<br>6. Jalen Hurts - 76.8<br>8. Patrick Mahomes - 71.5<br>9. Tom Brady - 70.0<br>10. Davis Mills - 68.1</p>&mdash; Jarad Evans (@PFF_Jarad) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Jarad/status/1569357343242199040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 12, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Lolwut? You brought the stats to the thread

irafreak
09-12-2022, 11:18 AM
He hasn't looked good for most of the time he's been here. This isn't anything new.

I wasn't implying anything other than maybe he can be better this year. I'm not counting on it. I got old watching guys run by as he struggled to disengage from the blocker.

DrunkBassGuitar
09-12-2022, 11:37 AM
You trust PFF??

lol reading the comments to understand why they ranked Mahomes so low and apparently throws like the one to Skyy Moore are considered bad because they're "turnover worthy" (??). I guess they rank QBs lower if they throw into coverage? Regardless of the outcome? Like I didn't go to no big city j school but if you're lists puts Mahomes as the 8th QB and then you go and watch the actual performances they should at least be in the same universe.

in conclusion: lmao @ PFF

Direckshun
09-12-2022, 11:42 AM
I can't be the only one who thinks Frank Clark runs like a fat duck.

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2022, 12:51 PM
You trust PFF??

I mean, that's pretty ****ing ridiculous. I understand their methodology and attempts to quantify what QBs do, but their standard doesn't work here. I'd agree if they marked Cousins lower for throwing across his body into a tight window. That same metric shouldn't apply to Mahomes.

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 01:09 PM
I can't be the only one who thinks Frank Clark runs like a fat duck.

The motherfucker is always flailing his arms too while he chases someone.

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 01:17 PM

No he didn't and I'm not going to stop debunking this outright lie. I've posted this before in this thread and I will post it again.

There is literally not one sack that entire postseason from him that isn't caused by either the QB holding the ball way too long or where he's not benefitting from his teammates dominating on the D line.

Texans sack 1 - 3rd down/losing 14 with 3:07 left in the 1st quarter - this would be the best of the bunch if we don't fumble the punt and give it right back

Texans sack 2 - up 10 with 9:28 in the 3rd qtr, Watson runs around for an hour and finally gets knocked down. Coverage sack. Frank says thanks DBs!

Texan Sack 3 - Up 20 with 1:31 in the 4th qtr, 4th down. No one touches Frank off the edge and gets a sack

Titans sack - up 11 with 1:28 left in the 4th qtr. Frank actually beat the tackle by turning around, lays his back into the OTs chest and rolls off him, then catches Tanny. This one is all Frank and a really shitty play by the OT.

Super Bowl sack - They run a stunt and Frank is looping inside and is basically untouched because Chris Jones absolutely destroys the guy that is blocking him and the guy that would have blocked Frank. KPass also beats a double team to force Jimmy up into the the pocket right into Clark. Clark's the beneficiary of great play by his teammates. That's all he's done since he's been here.

Go back and watch the plays. We win those games even if we keep Houston.

RunKC
09-12-2022, 01:34 PM
No he didn't and I'm not going to stop debunking this outright lie. I've posted this before in this thread and I will post it again.

There is literally not one sack that entire postseason from him that isn't caused by either the QB holding the ball way too long or where he's not benefitting from his teammates dominating on the D line.

Texans sack 1 - 3rd down/losing 14 with 3:07 left in the 1st quarter - this would be the best of the bunch if we don't fumble the punt and give it right back

Texans sack 2 - up 10 with 9:28 in the 3rd qtr, Watson runs around for an hour and finally gets knocked down. Coverage sack. Frank says thanks DBs!

Texan Sack 3 - Up 20 with 1:31 in the 4th qtr, 4th down. No one touches Frank off the edge and gets a sack

Titans sack - up 11 with 1:28 left in the 4th qtr. Frank actually beat the tackle by turning around, lays his back into the OTs chest and rolls off him, then catches Tanny. This one is all Frank and a really shitty play by the OT.

Super Bowl sack - They run a stunt and Frank is looping inside and is basically untouched because Chris Jones absolutely destroys the guy that is blocking him and the guy that would have blocked Frank. KPass also beats a double team to force Jimmy up into the the pocket right into Clark. Clark's the beneficiary of great play by his teammates. That's all he's done since he's been here.

We would have won with Houston? This is some dumbass logic. Jesus

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 01:40 PM

I believe he's saying that any replacement level DE, including Justin Houston, would've been sufficient to produce what Frank Clark produced in that game and ultimately been enough to win the game.

Frank Clark was an afterthought in all those wins. Again, Daniel Sorensen made more key plays in that SB run than Frank Clark did. And the plays he made did more to change momentum to boot.

BWillie
09-12-2022, 01:51 PM

I hate to agree with you but you are absolutely right.

ThaVirus
09-12-2022, 01:53 PM

I think if you could magically swap Houston and Clark for that playoff run, we still win that Super Bowl.

I'll give Clark is flowers for delivering that postseason run, but this board seriously underrates Houston.

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 01:55 PM

We win all those games if you take out the sacks, so yes we would have won with Justin Houston instead of Frank Clark. Not really that hard to understand.

rocknrolla
09-12-2022, 01:56 PM

Goddamn, this motherfucker is sooooo right!

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 01:58 PM
I think if you could magically swap Houston and Clark for that playoff run, we still win that Super Bowl.

I'll give Clark is flowers for delivering that postseason run, but this board seriously underrates Houston.

You could have swapped any DE/EDGE and we still win.

ThaVirus
09-12-2022, 02:00 PM
I'm not going to go that far lol

We don't really know how much Clark's shit talking juiced up the squad, which was necessary in shutting down Derrick Henry in the Championship Game.

Plus I really enjoyed him running his mouth.

TwistedChief
09-12-2022, 02:09 PM

Wait a minute. We just don’t count sacks where the QB evades the initial rush/holds the ball too long and the DE keeps motoring and eventually chases the guy down? Did that not prevent a pass or a run that would prolong the drive?

When Karlaftis got a sack in the preseason game against the Bears because of a second and third effort, it’s a mark of his high motor and potential. But if Clark sacks Watson after he dances around the pocket and is potentially about to make a back-breaking run or pass, it doesn’t count.

Please explain how that works.

And why are we comparing Houston and Clark? Shouldn’t we be discussing Clark vs Ford seeing as how we traded for one and traded the other?

RunKC
09-12-2022, 02:11 PM

Yes swap out Clark for the DE that did nothing for us in the playoff game against NE. Good idea.

Sorry but Houston did Jack shit when we needed him most. Clark tied the most sacks in history for a post season run and held the edge vs the run against 2 teams (Titans/Niners) that based their entire offense on running the ball.

And Clark’s leadership (along with Matheiu) actually changed this defense unlike its last leader (Houston).

Sorry dude but Houston was pissy. Probably bc of Eric Berry or maybe Patrick Mahomes but he didn’t do shit for us against Brady.

And yes this is 2019 Clark. After that he wasn’t good. But he was then…

RunKC
09-12-2022, 02:21 PM
Also can’t wait for the “Frank Clark set the edge? Who fucking cares?” Argument.

I care. Bc with Justin Houston’s fat fucking ass we gave up 177 fucking yards on the ground to the Patriots which was a part of why we lost.

Maybe if that motherfucker could stop the run like Frank did we would have won.

ThaVirus
09-12-2022, 02:38 PM
Yes swap out Clark for the DE that did nothing for us in the playoff game against NE. Good idea.

Sorry but Houston did Jack shit when we needed him most. Clark tied the most sacks in history for a post season run and held the edge vs the run against 2 teams (Titans/Niners) that based their entire offense on running the ball.

And Clark’s leadership (along with Matheiu) actually changed this defense unlike its last leader (Houston).

Sorry dude but Houston was pissy. Probably bc of Eric Berry or maybe Patrick Mahomes but he didn’t do shit for us against Brady.

And yes this is 2019 Clark. After that he wasn’t good. But he was then…

We should have won that game against NE. If not for the flukiest offsides from Dee Ford, we advance and get another shot at the Rams in the Super Bowl.

Houston in that playoff run against the Colts in the Divisional Round had 2 sacks, 2 QB hits, 2 TFLs, 1 PD, and 1 FR. In our matchup in the regular season that year with the Rams Houston had that huge sack/strip that led to a go-ahead TD late in the 4th quarter.

Who knows how things play out if Ford lines up correctly?

Houston only got one playoff run with Pat and we should have gone to the Super Bowl. He definitely wasn't the problem and Frank Clark for damned sure wasn't the solution.

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 02:42 PM
Wait a minute. We just don’t count sacks where the QB evades the initial rush/holds the ball too long and the DE keeps motoring and eventually chases the guy down? Did that not prevent a pass or a run that would prolong the drive?

When Karlaftis got a sack in the preseason game against the Bears because of a second and third effort, it’s a mark of his high motor and potential. But if Clark sacks Watson after he dances around the pocket and is potentially about to make a back-breaking run or pass, it doesn’t count.

Please explain how that works.

And why are we comparing Houston and Clark? Shouldn’t we be discussing Clark vs Ford seeing as how we traded for one and traded the other?

You're saying without Clark that we don't win and I'm showing why that's not true at all. Houston was released in the off-season that we traded for Clark. I'm using Houston, because I would have been completely happy if we kept him and not wasted resources.

Sassy Squatch
09-12-2022, 02:44 PM
LMAO Wait, are you suggesting we should've kept Houston after we dumped his worthless BFF Haglunds?!? There's no fucking way that would've been fine.

TwistedChief
09-12-2022, 02:49 PM
You're saying without Clark that we don't win and I'm showing why that's not true at all. Houston was released in the off-season that we traded for Clark. I'm using Houston, because I would have been completely happy if we kept him and not wasted resources.

First, please don’t skip over the rest of my post. Address that.

Second, Clark and Matthieu counted 13mm against the salary cap in 2019 (source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jefffedotin/2019/10/08/deemed-financially-expendable-by-the-chiefs-justin-houston-gets-his-revenge/amp/ ) while Houston would’ve counted 14mm alone. So nice comparison. But I’ll play along.

Do we win a Super Bowl with Houston and a first round pick instead of Clark and Matthieu?

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 02:54 PM
Also can’t wait for the “Frank Clark set the edge? Who fucking cares?” Argument.

I care. Bc with Justin Houston’s fat fucking ass we gave up 177 fucking yards on the ground to the Patriots which was a part of why we lost.

Maybe if that motherfucker could stop the run like Frank did we would have won.

Frank Clark never set the edge worth a shit. And in fact, for the VAST majority of Houston's career, his ability to stop the run was positively elite. It was the last thing to go for him here in KC. I'd acknowledge value in run defense if Frank Clark was actually good at it. He wasn't - it was just some gray area that his last supporters could glom onto that wasn't easily and obviously disproven (though large numbers have certainly done so).

Yeah, Houston played like hot garbage against NE. So did Chris Jones - what's that have to do with 2019? The DL as a whole should've been fired into the sun after that game and yet Chris Jones was very possibly our best defender in the SB. I believe you're getting a little tunnel vision as it relates to Justin Houston specifically moreover you're using the absolute worst example of him as your placeholder.

A 'replacement level' performance is not what we got from Justin Houston vs. NE. That said, we've gotten sub-replacement level from Frank Clark about 80% of his games here, including in the '19 season. Bad games happen to everyone and using Houston's worst game as a proxy (especially after he obliterated the Colts the week prior) is hardly a reasonable approach.

There are literally dozens of guys capable of doing what Frank Clark did during that run. And yeah - Justin Houston is one of them. But not the only one. That's hardly a rousing argument in favor of Frank Clark.

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 02:59 PM
Also can’t wait for the “Frank Clark set the edge? Who ****ing cares?” Argument.

I care. Bc with Justin Houston’s fat ****ing ass we gave up 177 ****ing yards on the ground to the Patriots which was a part of why we lost.

Maybe if that mother****er could stop the run like Frank did we would have won.

Please show me the plays in which Frank Clark was instrumental in stopping the run during our SB run.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 03:01 PM
Please show me the plays in which Frank Clark was instrumental in stopping the run during our SB run.

They probably look like all those other plays where he was 'just doing his job' or 'the opponent was running away from him...'

Again - I really felt like we'd gotten beyond this "Frank Clark sets the edge" nonsense. There's literally nothing to support it. It wasn't a strength of his in Seattle and frankly NOTHING has been a strength of his in KC.

It's just something that's hard enough to loudly disprove that his supporters claimed he did it at a superlative level - lack of evidence be damned.

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 03:06 PM
First, please don’t skip over the rest of my post. Address that.

Second, Clark and Matthieu counted 13mm against the salary cap in 2019 (source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jefffedotin/2019/10/08/deemed-financially-expendable-by-the-chiefs-justin-houston-gets-his-revenge/amp/ ) while Houston would’ve counted 14mm alone. So nice comparison. But I’ll play along.

Do we win a Super Bowl with Houston and a first round pick instead of Clark and Matthieu?

I didn't skip over it.

Also we didn't save $14 mil, because we carried $7 mil of dead money. We could have easily afforded Mathieu and kept Houston. So yes it is a nice comparison. Yes, we do win a SB with Houston, Mathieu, and a 1st round pick.

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 03:06 PM
They probably look like all those other plays where he was 'just doing his job' or 'the opponent was running away from him...'

Again - I really felt like we'd gotten beyond this "Frank Clark sets the edge" nonsense. There's literally nothing to support it. It wasn't a strength of his in Seattle and frankly NOTHING has been a strength of his in KC.

It's just something that's hard enough to loudly disprove that his supporters claimed he did it at a superlative level - lack of evidence be damned.

I just watched the Ten game and the motherfucker just hand fights with the tackle the entire game. He's trash

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 03:10 PM
I just watched the Ten game and the motherfucker just hand fights with the tackle the entire game. He's trash

For the majority of games here there is no level of T bad enough for him to win his rep with regularity. Guy was at various points getting singled by TEs.

And we're supposed to buy into this 'monster edge setter' nonsense when the dude's getting handled by 3rd string LTs and Blake Bell knock-offs.

RunKC
09-12-2022, 03:21 PM

Literally the first play of the Super Bowl on defense was the 49ers running right at him and losing yards LMAO

TwistedChief
09-12-2022, 03:21 PM
I didn't skip over it.

Also we didn't save $14 mil, because we carried $7 mil of dead money. We could have easily afforded Mathieu and kept Houston. So yes it is a nice comparison. Yes, we do win a SB with Houston, Mathieu, and a 1st round pick.

We signed Clark to a 6yr/101mm deal in 2015. At the end of the 4th year, he had counted against the cap about 61mm. That means the final 2 years were basically structured as 2yr/40mm. So yes, we paid 7mm but we still saved roughly 14mm in the 2019 season.

What am I missing?

RunKC
09-12-2022, 03:24 PM
I just watched the Ten game and the mother****er just hand fights with the tackle the entire game. He's trash

Boy if you’re that mad at Frank Clark for not getting sacks then wait til you see Chris Jones playoff highlights.

Bc aside from a couple of tipped passed and a handful of pressures, it ain’t that good.

It’s weird that you hate Clark for getting any kind of sack but praise Chris Jones for his postseason work which includes no sacks. He also had his hands on Burrow like 3 times when it mattered most and couldn’t get the sacks which lead to big plays in our loss.

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 03:31 PM
Boy if you’re that mad at Frank Clark for not getting sacks then wait til you see Chris Jones playoff highlights.

Bc aside from a couple of tipped passed and a handful of pressures, it ain’t that good.

It’s weird that you hate Clark for getting any kind of sack but praise Chris Jones for his postseason work which includes no sacks. He also had his hands on Burrow like 3 times when it mattered most and couldn’t get the sacks which lead to big plays in our loss.

If you watch the game and don't see the clear difference between Jones and Clark, then idk what to tell you. Chris is constantly in the QBs face and he's doing that as a DT. He doesn't allow the QB to step into the pocket which should give Clark all types of sack opportunities.

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 03:35 PM

Also I wouldn't give a shit about sacks if Clark was actually disruptive in the back field. Chris Jones was 10x more important in the playoffs that year than Clark.

RunKC
09-12-2022, 03:41 PM
Also I wouldn't give a shit about sacks if Clark was actually disruptive in the back field. Chris Jones was 10x more important in the playoffs that year than Clark.

Chris Jones missed the Texans game. Frank Clark got 3 sacks, 3 tackles for loss and 4 QB hits that game without Chris Jones LMAO

Sassy Squatch
09-12-2022, 03:45 PM
Chris Jones missed the Texans game. Frank Clark got 3 sacks, 3 tackles for loss and 4 QB hits that game without Chris Jones LMAO
LMAO

CasselGotPeedOn
09-12-2022, 03:49 PM

God damn you just bodied him LMAO

CoMoChief
09-12-2022, 03:50 PM
Meh...neither Jones or Clark will be a member of the Chiefs next yr anyways.

TwistedChief
09-12-2022, 03:50 PM

It’s okay. You just dunked on him just like Chris Jones did playing basketball in the locker room to get injured for that Texans game but dphldipshit will conveniently ignore points that don’t support his original thesis and the debate will continue.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 03:55 PM
Literally the first play of the Super Bowl on defense was the 49ers running right at him and losing yards LMAO

See - this is what I'm talking about.

Nnadi got moved to the 3-tech pre-snap on that play. He swallowed up the guard. Wilson came blasting off the guard's shoulder and wiped out the FB.

And STILL Clark wasn't the first guy on the scene - Ragland was. Clark got stuck at the LOS (by a TE) and then after everyone else closed up on the ballcarrier, Clark came through. He didn't 'set the edge' or blow up that run. Nnadi and Wilson did.

Oh, and 2 plays later the mighty edge-setter got undressed by Deebo Samuel for 30 yards when Clark completely blew his contain responsibilities.

Y'all treat him like the equipment manager making unguarded 3s. It's as bad as Clay's efforts early on in his time here. At least Clay finally gave up.

New World Order
09-12-2022, 03:59 PM
Apparently, Frank Clark still sucks

Glad we have Karlaftis

O.city
09-12-2022, 04:00 PM
Enough questioning Chris Jones to prop up Frank Clark. What is happening.

KCUnited
09-12-2022, 04:00 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SU6Boau.jpg?1

O.city
09-12-2022, 04:01 PM
"Aside from a couple tipped passes......in the fourth quarter.......of the SB......that directly led to the Chiefs winning".

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 04:03 PM
Enough questioning Chris Jones to prop up Frank Clark. What is happening.

Frank Clark gets more credit for less work than any Chief in my memory. Hell, people have decided to ignore basic math in arguing in favor of his return.

The lengths people have gone to to support this clown defy explanation. And it started before he even took the field for KC. It's just nothing but doubling down at this point.

-King-
09-12-2022, 04:05 PM
I'm not going to go that far lol

We don't really know how much Clark's shit talking juiced up the squad, which was necessary in shutting down Derrick Henry in the Championship Game.

Plus I really enjoyed him running his mouth.

Pennel was necessary in shutting down Henry that post season. Look at the the Titans games with him and without him that season.

And then Mahomes made it so that they had to stop running altogether. Henry only had 3 carries in the 2nd half IIRC.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 04:07 PM
"Aside from a couple tipped passes......in the fourth quarter.......of the SB......that directly led to the Chiefs winning".

We probably don't get the ball back if he doesn't deflect that pass over the middle. I think it was to Kittle on 3rd down. Most important defensive play of the game, IMO. We've got Tanoh Kpassagno in coverage on George Kittle who has acres of space in front of him. That could've been a 20+ yard play to put them in Chiefs territory w/ 5 minutes left and a 20-17 lead.

That play was MASSIVE.

TwistedChief
09-12-2022, 04:20 PM
Frank Clark gets more credit for less work than any Chief in my memory. Hell, people have decided to ignore basic math in arguing in favor of his return.

The lengths people have gone to to support this clown defy explanation. And it started before he even took the field for KC. It's just nothing but doubling down at this point.

I never posted a single thing supporting Frank Clark after 2019 until he had his press conference during 2022 training camp. And I fully believe he underperformed in 2019 what Justin Houston - whom I feel was grossly underrated - would've provided on an apples to apples talent basis.

He's been a massive disappointment in aggregate adjusted for compensation and I wanted him gone after last season.

But I respect the guy for at least admitting to his faults and I'm attempting to be optimistic for this season because his redemption story is something I want to root for. I give him points for that.

But you'll label me - incessantly - as some "ballwasher" who has always supported Clark and that's nonsense. I've not gone to a single length to convince myself of anything.

If you want to be mad that Clark is overpaid, then blame Veach and the "ballwashers" who celebrate him.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 04:23 PM
If you want to be mad that Clark is overpaid, then blame Veach and the "ballwashers" who celebrate him.

I have. Repeatedly and from the beginning.

Lay down with dogs and you're gonna get fleas...

Sassy Squatch
09-12-2022, 04:25 PM

LMAO You said he was comparative to Ryan Grigson IIRC

Easy 6
09-12-2022, 04:25 PM
Pennel was necessary in shutting down Henry that post season. Look at the the Titans games with him and without him that season.

And then Mahomes made it so that they had to stop running altogether. Henry only had 3 carries in the 2nd half IIRC.

Correct, it was Pennel who spearheaded that shutdown of Henry

TwistedChief
09-12-2022, 04:28 PM

Oh, dynamite. Please provide what GMs you feel have an unimpeachable record that's involved more creativity and garnered more success than Veach has accomplished.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 04:29 PM

And he said Frank Clark was a DPOY caliber player.

Guess we all have our crosses to bear.

RunKC
09-12-2022, 04:29 PM

DJ did say Veach should have been fired the day we traded for Frank. Then we won a SB months later.

Maybe that’s why he doesn’t like him

kcclone
09-12-2022, 04:30 PM
Frank has been a HUGE turd for our cap situation under Veach.

Every team has them over a period of time. He’s ours.

Hopefully it will be another 3-4 years before we get stuck another one.

TwistedChief
09-12-2022, 04:31 PM
And he said Frank Clark was a DPOY caliber player.

Guess we all have our crosses to bear.

The entire point is every GM has failures and successes. If you choose to ignore one at the expense of the other when making an argument, you're not seeing things properly.

It's clear at this point that Veach's success is NOT remotely a product of Reid and Mahomes. He's put his independent stamp on this team more than once to turn the tide of the organization.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 04:32 PM
Oh, dynamite. Please provide what GMs you feel have an unimpeachable record that's involved more creativity and garnered more success than Veach has accomplished.

Few if any.

But he was absolutely responsible for the second worst transaction in franchise history. I believe that remains relevant. Who else should I be criticizing for that decision?

ThaVirus
09-12-2022, 04:33 PM

I'm just saying there could have been an added psychological element to Clark's shit talking that week as well.

We don't really see a lot of that shit since we're not in the locker room, but I know it got me jazzed up. It's possible that Frank helped keep the intensity up that day.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 04:34 PM
The entire point is every GM has failures and successes. If you choose to ignore one at the expense of the other when making an argument, you're not seeing things properly.

It's clear at this point that Veach's success is NOT remotely a product of Reid and Mahomes. He's put his independent stamp on this team more than once to turn the tide of the organization.

I'm sorry - is this the 'Brett Veach fucking sucks' thread? I believe you're the one that suggested I 'blame Veach' for the Clark debacle.

RunKC
09-12-2022, 04:35 PM
Few if any.

But he was absolutely responsible for the second worst transaction in franchise history. I believe that remains relevant. Who else should I be criticizing for that decision?

Spags

Veach doesn’t just go get guys. I think it was an episode of the Franchise that year where he said Spags has a grocery list and he helps him acquire talent.

Spags was absolutely in on Frank. I think we can all agree there.

But I do agree with you that Veach made some very poor decisions that year, including Breeland Speaks. He was clearly still learning.

Fortunately he’s shown massive improvement since then

TwistedChief
09-12-2022, 04:35 PM
I'm sorry - is this the 'Brett Veach fucking sucks' thread? I believe you're the one that suggested I 'blame Veach' for the Clark debacle.

No, but you seem even more angry about Frank Clark because of what he's paid and the fact that he remains on the team. And none of that was because Frank Clark forced that on the Chiefs.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 04:39 PM
No, but you seem even more angry about Frank Clark because of what he's paid and the fact that he remains on the team. And none of that was because Frank Clark forced that on the Chiefs.

No. That's because Brett Veach has a blind spot for his first major transaction.

I'm not sure how all these things cannot be true.

RealSNR
09-12-2022, 04:41 PM
Spags

Veach doesn’t just go get guys. I think it was an episode of the Franchise that year where he said Spags has a grocery list and he helps him acquire talent.

Spags was absolutely in on Frank. I think we can all agree there.

But I do agree with you that Veach made some very poor decisions that year, including Breeland Speaks. He was clearly still learning.

Fortunately he’s shown massive improvement since then

You might be confusing Clark for Mathieu.

When we signed Mathieu, yeah, Veach said, "I went to Spags and asked him if we could acquire any free agent on the market this year who would it be, and Tyrann was on top of the list." Or whatever. I'm paraphrasing, but you get what I mean. That was widely reported regarding Mathieu. I have not heard the same for Clark.

DJ's left nut
09-12-2022, 04:44 PM
You might be confusing Clark for Mathieu.

When we signed Mathieu, yeah, Veach said, "I went to Spags and asked him if we could acquire any free agent on the market this year who would it be, and Tyrann was on top of the list." Or whatever. I'm paraphrasing, but you get what I mean. That was widely reported regarding Mathieu. I have not heard the same for Clark.

Yeah, I kinda hope Brett Veach isn't deferring to his DC when trading first round picks and handing out market setting contracts. If we go down this sort of rabbit hole then what kind of credit or blame can we place on the GM.

dlphg9
09-12-2022, 07:04 PM

Sacks are considered TFL. Which one of those sacks were instrumental in us winning the game? Jones had just as much to do with that win as Clark did and Jones didn't play.

Hammock Parties
09-12-2022, 07:08 PM
frank clark

fucking sucks

lewdog
09-12-2022, 07:58 PM
"High motor guy"

"Scrappy"

"Setting the edge well"

"Plays with heart"

"Lunch pail guy"

Bl00dyBizkitz
09-12-2022, 08:20 PM
If there's any consolation to any of this, there seems to be good chemistry between Clark and Karlaftis. It seems like he's taken Karlaftis under his wing.

Maybe that means something, maybe it means nothing. Likely nothing since Clark is pretty mediocre at this point and maybe its best if Karlaftis doesn't emulate the guy with the uzi in his trunk.

But idk, something to keep an eye on.

Titty Meat
09-12-2022, 08:25 PM
Yeah Clark sucks but damn enjoy yesterday's impressive win

srvy
09-12-2022, 10:10 PM

Fuck you just annihilated spaz's whole argument lol.

htismaqe
09-13-2022, 06:23 AM
Yeah Clark sucks but damn enjoy yesterday's impressive win

This.

Of course, the Bronco loss changed the dynamic a bit last night and this morning but for a good 24 hours after a blowout win, 3 of the top 5 most active threads were bitching about Clark, CEH, and Hardman.

People just love to be miserable.

DJ's left nut
09-15-2022, 07:48 PM
He even make it to the game?

Just cut this motherfucker already.

Titty Meat
09-15-2022, 08:10 PM
Dude was a full second and a half getting off the ball on that last snap he's toast

louie aguiar
09-15-2022, 08:12 PM
why is he getting so many snaps? he's completely worthless.

kcclone
09-15-2022, 08:13 PM
I don’t recall a less effective pass rusher starting so many games at DE. This dude is a backup that got paid like a pro bowler

Wisconsin_Chief
09-15-2022, 08:13 PM
Human. Goddamn. Trash.

DJ's left nut
09-15-2022, 08:41 PM
No seriously- watch this guy.

He's not an NFL backup. He's incredibly awful.

treeguy27
09-16-2022, 06:54 AM
He was getting handled all night. He looked like a little kid going up against grown men. He needs to sit

Sassy Squatch
09-16-2022, 06:56 AM
Bet he had some spicy Indian food Wednesday night.

PAChiefsGuy
09-16-2022, 06:58 AM
Dude is trash, he's even worse when you consider the amo8jt of money he is making.

Sassy Squatch
09-16-2022, 07:00 AM
Help us, California DOJ. You're our only hope.

penguinz
09-16-2022, 07:05 AM
Help us, California DOJ. You're our only hope.

That is over already.

Sassy Squatch
09-16-2022, 07:08 AM
That is over already.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WWaLxFIVX1s" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

UChieffyBugger
09-22-2022, 07:26 AM
Does anyone think the latest move to bring in Benton Whitley from the Rams could be an indication that Clark will be suspended over his gun cases? Remember the Chiefs elevated Jack Cochrane from the practice squad before we ever knew what was coming with Gay Jr.

Andy was asked the question about Frank in his press conference yesterday and blew it off but when you look at it we have Frank, Dunlap, George, Danna, Kaindoh and Herring already in the DE room. Now Whitley makes it seven so it must mean Frank is due for a suspension or Danna is heading to IR imo.

TomBarndtsTwin
09-22-2022, 07:32 AM
Sounds like Danna is likely headed to IR.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2022, 07:32 AM
4th best DE on the team

Red Dawg
09-22-2022, 07:33 AM
I don’t recall a less effective pass rusher starting so many games at DE. This dude is a backup that got paid like a pro bowler

I do . Eric Hicks.

RunKC
09-22-2022, 07:42 AM
He’s a rotational player at this point

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark has 5 total pressures to the QB this year. That is the 33rd most in the NFL. Not too shabby at all.</p>&mdash; Chiefs Hive (@chiefshive) <a href="https://twitter.com/chiefshive/status/1572323971047071746?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 20, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RealSNR
09-22-2022, 08:15 AM

WTF happened to him?

DJ's left nut
09-22-2022, 08:20 AM

With a calf strain?

That seems extreme. Maybe a gameday inactive for a week or two but why IR him? Who do you need to add to the roster in his place so badly that you'd sit him for 4 weeks (the same 4 weeks we won't have our most versatile LBer and for 3 of those weeks won't have arguably our top CB).

Nah - if there's even a 50/50 shot he plays in 2 weeks, you don't IR him.

DJ's left nut
09-22-2022, 08:22 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark has 5 total pressures to the QB this year. That is the 33rd most in the NFL. Not too shabby at all.</p>&mdash; Chiefs Hive (@chiefshive) <a href="https://twitter.com/chiefshive/status/1572323971047071746?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 20, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's as bad on his 2nd snap as he is on his 50th.

I wonder where he ranks in terms of snaps taken. Because that dude is out there being ineffective on 80% of our plays it seems. And he can get a pressure by just waiting for a play to break down (because he damn sure isn't winning reps quickly).

I'm not sure I see much benefit in getting him fewer snaps outside of just getting him off the field. This isn't a Dunlap situation or even Ingram where they were productive in short bursts. Clark is only going to manage any sort of production via volume.

EDIT: 84 snaps so far this season for Clark; tied for 55th in the league (just based on counting rows - may be off a little bit). 3rd on the team behind Karlaftis and Jones.

Maxx Crosby has 146. Sweet jesus.

POND_OF_RED
09-22-2022, 09:00 AM

I wonder where he ranks in terms of snaps taken. Because that dude is out there being ineffective on 80% of our plays it seems. And he can get a pressure by just waiting for a play to break down (because he damn sure isn't winning reps quickly).

I'm not sure I see much benefit in getting him fewer snaps outside of just getting him off the field. This isn't a Dunlap situation or even Ingram where they were productive in short bursts. Clark is only going to manage any sort of production via volume.

EDIT: 84 snaps so far this season for Clark; tied for 55th in the league (just based on counting rows - may be off a little bit). 3rd on the team behind Karlaftis and Jones.

No wonder the Cardinals had 30 seconds to throw in that second half. Crosby is definitely not in good enough shape for that.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2022, 09:03 AM
at this point im just glad they're not gashing us on the run over frank's side

wazu
09-22-2022, 09:10 AM
Maybe the strategy is to put him out there and give him snaps as a form of exercise, in the hope that he will get stronger/faster/better by playoff time.

DJ's left nut
09-22-2022, 09:15 AM
Maybe the strategy is to put him out there and give him snaps as a form of exercise, in the hope that he will get stronger/faster/better by playoff time.

But he lost weight! Rededicated!!

Folks - he ain't gonna get better as the season goes on. Nobody adds good weight during a football season. And the guys that 'play their way into shape' do so because they came into camp fat (y'know, like Frank Clark last season).

This is the absolute best you're gonna get from Clark this year. He's not gonna get healthier, stronger, faster or smarter. He's just gonna be the same mindless mongoloid slug that he's been for 90% of his time here.

RunKC
09-22-2022, 09:18 AM

Karlaftis got 55 snaps, Frank 48, Danna 34 and Dunlap 17 (maybe to ease him back in from Achilles soreness).

He’s a rotational player, but thus far Karlaftis, Danna and Dunlap (in limited snaps) are making up for Clark’s lack of success.

Karlaftis-9 pressures (11th among edge rushers!)
Danna-8 pressures (16th best)
Dunlap-1 sack, 1 TFL

Mecca
09-22-2022, 09:18 AM
Does anyone think the latest move to bring in Benton Whitley from the Rams could be an indication that Clark will be suspended over his gun cases? Remember the Chiefs elevated Jack Cochrane from the practice squad before we ever knew what was coming with Gay Jr.

Andy was asked the question about Frank in his press conference yesterday and blew it off but when you look at it we have Frank, Dunlap, George, Danna, Kaindoh and Herring already in the DE room. Now Whitley makes it seven so it must mean Frank is due for a suspension or Danna is heading to IR imo.

No., it's an indication that even though they kept Kaindoh they don't think he's ready for Danna's reps.

DJ's left nut
09-22-2022, 09:20 AM
Karlaftis got 55 snaps, Frank 48, Danna 34 and Dunlap 17 (maybe to ease him back in from Achilles soreness).

He’s a rotational player, but thus far Karlaftis, Danna and Dunlap (in limited snaps) are making up for Clark’s lack of success.

Karlaftis-9 pressures (11th among edge rushers!)
Danna-8 pressures (16th best)
Dunlap-1 sack, 1 TFL

It does seem like a rotation of Karlaftis/Dunlap opposite of Danna/Clark would make some sense.

But then again, I'm just on board with anything that sees Clark getting maybe 25 snaps/game. Not because I think it'll make him better, but mostly because I think it will mitigate his shittyness.

smithandrew051
09-22-2022, 09:29 AM
It does seem like a rotation of Karlaftis/Dunlap opposite of Danna/Clark would make some sense.

But then again, I'm just on board with anything that sees Clark getting maybe 25 snaps/game. Not because I think it'll make him better, but mostly because I think it will mitigate his shittyness.

I read a stat the other day that Frank Clark actually leads the league in “Total Edges Set”. No need to look that up. You can trust me.

DJ's left nut
09-22-2022, 09:30 AM
I read a stat the other day that Frank Clark actually leads the league in “Total Edges Set”. No need to look that up. You can trust me.

That checks out - he's an elite run defender who does his job like clockwork out there.

smithandrew051
09-22-2022, 09:35 AM
That checks out - he's an elite run defender who does his job like clockwork out there.

He’s a little lower in “Edges Set Per Capita”. Like 3rd in the league. Still pretty good.

I’m not surprised if you’ve never heard of that stat. No need to look that one up either.

PAChiefsGuy
09-22-2022, 10:01 AM
He’s a little lower in “Edges Set Per Capita”. Like 3rd in the league. Still pretty good.

I’m not surprised if you’ve never heard of that stat. No need to look that one up either.

No one gives a shit about that stat. You homers are really reaching here.

The guy sucks for what he is being paid. He's a role player and nothing more at this point. Let it go.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2022, 10:08 AM
this is the week frank gets a sack on methuselah ryan so twisted can bump his pro-frank propaganda thraed

DJ's left nut
09-22-2022, 10:26 AM

The guy sucks for what he is being paid. He's a role player and nothing more at this point. Let it go.

3rd in the league in ESPC is no fucking joke.

I may have to reconsider my stance on the guy.

R Clark
09-22-2022, 11:39 AM
3rd in the league in ESPC is no ****ing joke.

So I am a dumbass what does ESPC stand for?

RealSNR
09-22-2022, 11:49 AM
3rd in the league in ESPC is no fucking joke.

He scores a 420.69 in Team Value Through Mediocre Plays in the playoffs, which is the highest grade of any player over the past 4 seasons.

Sassy Squatch
09-22-2022, 11:53 AM
Erect Stinky Penis Club

Kman34
09-22-2022, 12:01 PM
I heard on the radio that his weapons charge has been settled and that clears the way for the league to hand down a suspension.. Whatever that could be..

Sassy Squatch
09-22-2022, 12:03 PM
Please. Void those guarantees so we can rid ourselves of this bum.

raybec 4
09-22-2022, 12:18 PM
He scores a 420.69 in Team Value Through Mediocre Plays in the playoffs, which is the highest grade of any player over the past 4 seasons.

That's in addition to him being 3rd in the league over the last 3 years in the all important yet under appreciated stat of scramble yards not given up. It's not all about pressure, when the DL gets pressure the QB scrambles. If Frank doesn't get pressure he's not giving up scramble yards.

staylor26
09-22-2022, 12:26 PM

He's clearly joking dumbass LMAO

DJ's left nut
09-22-2022, 12:32 PM

He is?!?!?

God dammit. So Frank Clark still Fucking Sucks, then.

Crud.

DJ's left nut
09-22-2022, 12:36 PM

https://y.yarn.co/347c6347-81d2-4e6c-895a-ac755f09cf82_text.gif

smithandrew051
09-22-2022, 12:43 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Dunerdr
09-22-2022, 12:43 PM
this is the week frank gets a sack on methuselah ryan so twisted can bump his pro-frank propaganda thraed

BJ Kissel said this is the week Karlagus gets all 10 of his.

JPH83
09-22-2022, 01:17 PM
I'm glad we can laugh at his shittyness because holy f**k I hate watching this wretched turd slug his way around the field.

He's our 4th best DE. I'm not convinced Kaindoh makes another 53 and I'd honestly give him some of Clark's snaps now.

SupDock
09-22-2022, 01:35 PM

Shabby shark?

PAChiefsGuy
09-22-2022, 01:38 PM

Look who is talking. Frank Clarks #1 fan...

Hey tell me how the trade was worth it again? You still wear his jersey on Sundays?

Hammock Parties
09-22-2022, 01:40 PM
Shabby shark?

clark the shart!

SupDock
09-22-2022, 01:41 PM
clark the shart!

Lmao

staylor26
09-22-2022, 01:42 PM
Look who is talking. Frank Clarks #1 fan...

Hey tell me how the trade was worth it again? You still wear his jersey on Sundays?

Frank Clark's #1 fan? That wanted him cut? That makes sense!

PAChiefsGuy
09-22-2022, 02:07 PM
Frank Clark's #1 fan? That wanted him cut? That makes sense!

Ha. might want to go look back at some of your posts buddy. Maybe you forgot but i haven't. Sure you eventually came around but you were one of his biggest defenders for a long time.

staylor26
09-22-2022, 02:26 PM
Ha. might want to go look back at some of your posts buddy. Maybe you forgot but i haven't. Sure you eventually came around but you were one of his biggest defenders for a long time.

Yea, I have a soft spot for everybody that played a big role in our one and only SB in my lifetime, so he had the benefit of the doubt for a couple of years with me.

If that makes me a homer, so be it :shrug:

Now let's get back to you being so reeruned that you actually thought that smithandrew was being serious with that obviously made up stat...

PAChiefsGuy
09-23-2022, 03:17 AM
Yea, I have a soft spot for everybody that played a big role in our one and only SB in my lifetime, so he had the benefit of the doubt for a couple of years with me.

If that makes me a homer, so be it :shrug:

Now let's get back to you being so reeruned that you actually thought that smithandrew was being serious with that obviously made up stat...

Big deal. As many on here know I post lots of dumb shit, I looked at the post for like 2-seconds.

Either way I made a bet for under 7.5 sacks with TwistedChief and I'm win that bet easily. Why didn't you make the bet if you are so convinced Frank Clark sucks? You're all talk.

Lets also get back to you thinking you are a professional UFC fighter.... I'm waiting for you to tell me how you are going to kick my ass...

threebag
09-23-2022, 06:16 AM

That’s the part of his game that pisses me off the most. Fucker gets washed inside and around his end they go.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-23-2022, 06:37 AM

Did you seriously think edge set per capita was a real stat? LMAO

-King-
09-23-2022, 06:54 AM

LMAO

threebag
09-23-2022, 08:02 AM
Very first thing you learn is to contain, not to get washed inside to thumb the guards sack. Frank fucking sucks big time.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 08:27 AM
Very first thing you learn is to contain, not to get washed inside to thumb the guards sack. Frank fucking sucks big time.

Not much you can do to hold the edge when you address the fact that you have the get-off of a cripple by dropping 40 pounds. Now he STILL has a gimps burst but fortunately makes up for it by weighing as much as an inside linebacker.

Just a slam dunk approach to run defense, really.

Sassy Squatch
09-23-2022, 08:32 AM
On the bright side I'm sure his blood pressure and cholesterol are down to a healthier level. Good for him.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 08:34 AM
On the bright side I'm sure his blood pressure and cholesterol are down to a healthier level. Good for him.

That's really the important thing; that he's making positive life choices.

No more getting caught with automatic weapons, no more habitual alcoholism, certainly much better HDL figures.

Football is secondary Frank - way to take care of you, buddy.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2022, 08:36 AM
we need twisted in here apologizing if frank can't get to methuselah ryan this weekend

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 08:38 AM
I'm glad we can laugh at his shittyness because holy f**k I hate watching this wretched turd slug his way around the field.

He's our 4th best DE. I'm not convinced Kaindoh makes another 53 and I'd honestly give him some of Clark's snaps now.

I do get a kick out of the fact that this thread went from open warfare with SNR and I manning the front lines to pretty much a consensus opinion where now we all just mock his shittyness.

His ineffectiveness barely even registers anymore. Like I told O.City - the most annoying thing about him for me now is his walk. You KNOW he practices that little swag saunter. See if you can spot him between plays on TV. Everyone else is out there like a normal human being. Meanwhile that fucker is out there 'stalking' like he's Omar.

Dude - just get in the huddle. And line up. Ideally get set BEFORE they snap the ball this time. Ain't anybody intimidated by your nonsense.

I think he's bought his own bullshit at this point and thinks he's genuinely some billy badass who 'sets a tone' by doing this crap. What a freakin' joke.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 08:40 AM
we need twisted in here apologizing if frank can't get to methuselah ryan this weekend

Why?

What changes?

Sack him 4 times. Get washed out on every play. I don't really care.

The sun shines on a dogs ass sometimes. At this point the book is closed. The sample size is plenty large. The guy is fucking awful. He had 2-3 good games last year when his 'defenders' started to get lathered up and got themselves a little Clark chub again. Then he went right back to being a piece of shit. Fortunately most of his ball-washers were fairly reticent this time around so they didn't go to the mattresses for him quite as quickly as the good old days of "hey, he almost got a tackle on that screen pass but it was hot outside!!!". God I loved those days.

He just is what he is.

dlphg9
09-23-2022, 08:41 AM
I do get a kick out of the fact that this thread went from open warfare with SNR and I manning the front lines to pretty much a consensus opinion where now we all just mock his shittyness.

His ineffectiveness barely even registers anymore. Like I told O.City - the most annoying thing about him for me now is his walk. You KNOW he practices that little swag saunter. See if you can spot him between plays on TV. Everyone else is out there like a normal human being. Meanwhile that ****er is out there 'stalking' like he's Omar.

Dude - just get in the huddle. And line up. Ideally get set BEFORE they snap the ball this time. Ain't anybody intimidated by your nonsense.

I think he's bought his own bullshit at this point and thinks he's genuinely some billy badass who 'sets a tone' by doing this crap. What a freakin' joke.

I was right there with you 2 in the beginning and hady fair share of arguments with Frank lovers.

I hate when he's mic'd up. Dudes out there running his mouth the entire time, even as he's getting owned by a TE.

O.city
09-23-2022, 08:42 AM
I just can't figure out why they brought him back. Seemed an easy band aid pull.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 08:46 AM
I just can't figure out why they brought him back. Seemed an easy band aid pull.

"It was a no brainer"

/people who don't math and enjoy chugging wang.

God - "it would've cost more to cut him" may be the height of willful ignorance 'round these parts. You just had to want to believe that nonsense so badly that simple addition became too much for you.

But...but...but....Matty Lane said it on Twitter!!!!

raybec 4
09-23-2022, 08:53 AM
Big deal. As many on here know I post lots of dumb shit, I looked at the post for like 2-seconds.

Either way I made a bet for under 7.5 sacks with TwistedChief and I'm win that bet easily. Why didn't you make the bet if you are so convinced Frank Clark sucks? You're all talk.

Lets also get back to you thinking you are a professional UFC fighter.... I'm waiting for you to tell me how you are going to kick my ass...

We have more than our fair share of bad asses around here. And pro body builders too. This place is a real who's who of big dick super heroes.

JPH83
09-23-2022, 09:02 AM
We have more than our fair share of bad asses around here. And pro body builders too. This place is a real who's who of big dick super heroes.

I think CP rewards homerism, to some degree. People know that being the first to put your head above the parapet to say "Maybe Frank Clark is actually completely f**ing s**t" is going to bring a lot of heat.

But I'm a late arrival so what do I know. At least we pretty much all got there on Clark in the end.

RunKC
09-23-2022, 09:06 AM

There wasn’t an option outside of the draft really. Remember Nate Taylor said on the Times Ours Pod that they were looking at Z’Darius Smith but at the time Tyreek was talking about signing (right before the Adams deal catapulted price) and they had to save that money for him.

Either way FA is not the best place to get edge rushers anymore unless it’s a proven guy like Von Miller. At that point you’re just paying out the fucking ass for him, which we can’t do with Patrick’s contract to stay competitive.

They were already turning over so much of the defense that I’m not sure they wanted to have an entirely new young team full of inexperience everywhere.

We pretty much did what was needed. Identified a first rd rusher, brought in a cheap vet (Dunlap) and rolled on. But credit to Daley for finding Danna and Cullen for coaching him up to what he is now.

Some of you guys are just bitching to bitch. Who cares? The DE position actually looks good. Karlaftis, Danna and Dunlap are doing quite well.

Frank is gone next March and we’ll get around $10 million back from releasing him

threebag
09-23-2022, 09:06 AM

Maybe after you suck Soggy Shane off, you can collaborate on another hit piece.

O.city
09-23-2022, 09:08 AM
There wasn’t an option outside of the draft really. Remember Nate Taylor said on the Times Ours Pod that they were looking at Z’Darius Smith but at the time Tyreek was talking about signing (right before the Adams deal catapulted price) and they had to save that money for him.

Either way FA is not the best place to get edge rushers anymore unless it’s a proven guy like Von Miller. At that point you’re just paying out the ****ing ass for him, which we can’t do with Patrick’s contract to stay competitive.

They were already turning over so much of the defense that I’m not sure they wanted to have an entirely new young team full of inexperience everywhere.

We pretty much did what was needed. Identified a first rd rusher, brought in a cheap vet (Dunlap) and rolled on. But credit to Daley for finding Danna and Cullen for coaching him up to what he is now.

Some of you guys are just bitching to bitch. Who cares? The DE position actually looks good. Karlaftis, Danna and Dunlap are doing quite well.

Frank is gone next March and we’ll get around $10 million back from releasing him

That money they're paying Clark this year and next or whatever, could have, you know, been rolled over and accounted for paying out the ass for one of those pass rushers you don't like.

They're paying out the ass for nothing with CLark. He literally brings nothing to the table you couldn't have paid JPP a couple million to do.

JPH83
09-23-2022, 09:12 AM

Either way FA is not the best place to get edge rushers anymore unless it’s a proven guy like Von Miller. At that point you’re just paying out the ****ing ass for him, which we can’t do with Patrick’s contract to stay competitive.

Come on now. We can't take a look at Clark swaggering about on an insane contract doing less than nothing and occasionally say "F**k that guy"? DE position is better and will continue to get better as Clark receives fewer snaps. I'm not even really criticising the Chiefs for not ditching him, it is what it is.

O.city
6.5% of the cap this year is going to Frank Clark.

"YOu guys are bitching just to bitch".

When they can't afford to pay Creed or Trey Smith or Bolton in a year or two, maybe remember this money?

BleedingRed
Clark has to go next year.

O.city
09-23-2022, 09:14 AM
You could have just cut him and rolled with what they have and been fine. Save the $.

RunKC
09-23-2022, 09:19 AM

When they can't afford to pay Creed or Trey Smith or Bolton in a year or two, maybe remember this money?

That money they're paying Clark this year and next or whatever, could have, you know, been rolled over and accounted for paying out the ass for one of those pass rushers you don't like.

They're paying out the ass for nothing with CLark. He literally brings nothing to the table you couldn't have paid JPP a couple million to do.

This contract was structured in 2019 and this year they brought his cap number down to what he was going to be paid regardless of staying or leaving.

This was a bad deal structure done by a young GM 3 years ago. Unfortunately it is what it is. You can’t just not pay a player his dead money.

Frank’s deal sucks but the good news is we’re getting good production from low cost players.

Karlaftis-11th in NFL pressures
Danna-16th in NFL in pressures
Dunlap-1 sack, 1 TFL

^^^that’s how you balance it out

O.city
09-23-2022, 09:21 AM
DJ, you wanna take this one?

RunKC
09-23-2022, 09:21 AM

Nah we’ll be fine with those guys. Frank is off the books completely after 2023.

You know how to keep us in this mess? By using the O.city gameplan of doing this shit again trading high draft picks and paying Brian Burns LMAO

O.city
09-23-2022, 09:23 AM
Nah we’ll be fine with those guys. Frank is off the books completely after 2023.

You know how to keep us in this mess? By using the O.city gameplan of doing this shit again trading high draft picks and paying Brian Burns LMAO

They could have had him off the books now. Done. Gone.

But they didn't. Now here we are.

But don't worry about just burning that cash. No biggie. Don't bitch about Frank CLark. Go all Run and bitch about Chris Jones. Lets cut or trade him. Seems wise.

MIAdragon
09-23-2022, 09:31 AM
Clark has to go next year.

Said the last few years….

PAChiefsGuy
09-23-2022, 10:08 AM

I wasn't really paying attention to the post as much as I should have but honestly I just saw edge and thought maybe some weird pff stat someone found.

Regardless, to it mildly, Def dumb on my part!

-King-
09-23-2022, 10:15 AM

You know how to keep us in this mess?

Re-signing Clark to a deal that makes us pay him $9mil in 2023 even if we cut him in the off season?

RunKC
09-23-2022, 10:31 AM
Re-signing Clark to a deal that makes us pay him $9mil in 2023 even if we cut him in the off season?

Yes he’s off the books after 2023. We get roughly $10.5 million from him after you deduct dead cap from the savings to release him

-King-
09-23-2022, 10:40 AM
Yes he’s off the books after 2023. We get roughly $10.5 million from him after you deduct dead cap from the savings to release him
If we cut him this off season, there wouldn't be any money at all in 2023.

I feel like this has been said 100 times and some people just choose to flat out ignore it.

RunKC
09-23-2022, 10:42 AM
They could have had him off the books now. Done. Gone.

But they didn't. Now here we are.

But don't worry about just burning that cash. No biggie. Don't bitch about Frank CLark. Go all Run and bitch about Chris Jones. Lets cut or trade him. Seems wise.

Every team has a situation like this. It’s the NFL.

Go look at Kenny Galladay in NY. Hell Ravens fans want Marcus Peters gone yesterday bc he was lazy and is their 2nd highest cap hit this year, Browns are paying Baker over $10 million in dead money to not be on their team, Saints are paying Armstead $12 million to lot be on their team while their QB is getting killed, Rams are paying Robert Woods $12 million to not be on their team.

If’s and but’s are fine but damn you guys act like we are the only team with a problem player being paid too much to either be bad here or play somewhere else.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 10:43 AM
If we cut him this off season, there wouldn't be any money at all in 2023.

I feel like this has been said 100 times and some people just choose to flat out ignore it.

It's a fight barely worth having at this point because no matter how small you make the words you use, some people choose to simply ignore them.

Someone yesterday actually said "Maybe California can save us, get him suspend him and void his guarantees."

Because they don't have any concept of how dead money actually works.

There are none so blind as those who will not see...

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 10:45 AM
Every team has a situation like this. It’s the NFL.

Go look at Kenny Galladay in NY. Hell Ravens fans want Marcus Peters gone yesterday bc he was lazy and is their 2nd highest cap hit this year, Browns are paying Baker over $10 million in dead money to not be on their team, Saints are paying Armstead $12 million to lot be on their team while their QB is getting killed, Rams are paying Robert Woods $12 million to not be on their team.

If’s and but’s are fine but damn you guys act like we are the only team with a problem player being paid too much to either be bad here or play somewhere else.

We had an opportunity to cut him outright, have the exact same number on the cap this year and then had zero on the cap next season. Instead we elected to keep him and now we'll have $9 million in dead money on the cap next year.

This is AFTER it was clear he was shot.

WTF does anyone else's roster have to do with anything? They're two completely independent inquiries.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 10:48 AM

Off a $20 million cap figure that he was as likely to actually see as you and I would have been.

You're buying a pair of shoes you don't need that won't work because you see a half-off sale.

We aren't getting shit 'back' from releasing him next season. We're carrying $9 million in dead cap space we shouldn't be carrying.

You have this completely backwards. And the reasons our DE group looks good have zero to do with the most expensive defensive end on the roster.

In a cap league with rollover provisions, that's absolutely something worth bitching about and hardly 'bitching just to bitch'.

It's not my fault you're doubling down on stupid here.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 10:50 AM
This contract was structured in 2019 and this year they brought his cap number down to what he was going to be paid regardless of staying or leaving.

This was a bad deal structure done by a young GM 3 years ago. Unfortunately it is what it is. You can’t just not pay a player his dead money.

Frank’s deal sucks but the good news is we’re getting good production from low cost players.

Karlaftis-11th in NFL pressures
Danna-16th in NFL in pressures
Dunlap-1 sack, 1 TFL

^^^that’s how you balance it out

At the COST of adding $9 million in dead money to next year's cap.

Are you really not understanding this?

None of this is a result of the original contract. Take that out of the equation entirely because you had 2 options left even AFTER that fuckup.

A) Keep Clark on a $13 millionish cap hit this year and have $9 million in dead money on next years cap.

B) Cut Clark outright, absorb the same $13 millionish in dead money and have ZERO in dead money on next year's cap.

Throw the 'young GM' shit out because it doesn't mean anything. Brett Veach: Super Bowl Winning General Manager had options A and B above in front of him last March and he elected option A. That's friggen asinine.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 10:54 AM
DJ, you wanna take this one?

Sorry I just got back - my god-awful heathen twins actually ganged up on their teacher, made her cry and then LAUGHED at her for it this morning.

This is a 7 year professional; the lead teacher at daycare. Someone that actually had my oldest at school and then has followed the twins from class to class for 3 years.

And they broke her. Then laughed at her for it. At 4 years old.

I'm impressed, furious and terrified all in one measure.

O.city
09-23-2022, 10:56 AM
Sorry I just got back - my god-awful heathen twins actually ganged up on their teacher, made her cry and then LAUGHED at her for it this morning.

This is a 7 year professional; the lead teacher at daycare. Someone that actually had my oldest at school and then has followed the twins from class to class for 3 years.

I've got one like that. It's terrifying.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 11:01 AM
I've got one like that. It's terrifying.

The ringleader realized she'd fucked up when I got there. It was 100% attention seeking from the queen bee of attention seekers. I came in the door and she tried to give me a hug, got pulled off and looked up with a "oh...well this didn't go like I thought it might" expression.

Meanwhile the damn boy was giggling as I was talking with him. "Palmer, you like Ms. Chrissa and you were mean enough to her to make her cry. This isn't funny - at all..."

"Dad. It's kinda funny..."

To be honest, it's more malicious than I thought he had in him. He's mostly just a wrecking ball.

raybec 4
09-23-2022, 11:05 AM

My youngest daughter was exactly like that. She was both hilarious and maddening at the same time. It lasted all the way through HS. She was in an advanced writing class and had finished her assignment and was talking to her friend and the conversation went like this:

Teacher: "_____ Why do I hear your voice?"
Devil child "I don't know, maybe you're schizophrenic"
Teacher "_____ I have been a teacher for 20 years and you kids just get worse every year! I don't have to put up with your disrespect!"
Devil child "I'm sorry Mrs ______, but don't worry someday your ship will come in......it just won't be a RELATIONship."

BWillie
09-23-2022, 11:07 AM
All I know is I get $100 if he gets like 6 or less sacks. So I hope we keep winning but Frank Clark shits out his stomach liner.

penguinz
09-23-2022, 11:13 AM
My youngest daughter was exactly like that. She was both hilarious and maddening at the same time. It lasted all the way through HS. She was in an advanced writing class and had finished her assignment and was talking to her friend and the conversation went like this:

Teacher "_____ I have been a teacher for 20 years and you kids just get worse every year! I don't have to put up with your disrespect!"
Devil child "I'm sorry Mrs ______, but don't worry someday your ship will come in......it just won't be a RELATIONship."

We got a call from our then 15 year olds history teacher because she was upset he was correcting her in class. She admitted he was wrong in what she was teaching, she was just upset he did it where the other kids could hear and not in private.

What's more important? Teacher feeling embarrassed or the kids learning true facts?

Hammock Parties
09-23-2022, 11:34 AM

should have received detention for that

tyecopeland
09-23-2022, 12:27 PM
At the COST of adding $9 million in dead money to next year's cap.

Are you really not understanding this?

None of this is a result of the original contract. Take that out of the equation entirely because you had 2 options left even AFTER that fuckup.

A) Keep Clark on a $13 millionish cap hit this year and have $9 million in dead money on next years cap.

B) Cut Clark outright, absorb the same $13 millionish in dead money and have ZERO in dead money on next year's cap.

Throw the 'young GM' shit out because it doesn't mean anything. Brett Veach: Super Bowl Winning General Manager had options A and B above in front of him last March and he elected option A. That's friggen asinine.

This is a good breakdown. But, you are forgetting the replacement cost.

Cutting Clark would have forced the Chiefs to sign someone else (for depth at the very least) at the position. If it was a depth piece, not very expensive. But if it would have been a one year rental veteran type player, at least a good chunk of that 9 mil in dead cap is gone anyway because of this year.

Would I take that trade off? Yes. Because Clark isn't providing anything more than replacement level play anyway. But it's not quite as cut and dry 'extra 9 mil in cap costs next year for keeping clark' as you lay it out here.

Sassy Squatch
09-23-2022, 12:32 PM
Look around the league at all the veteran pass rushers that got 1 year deals to supplement. Pretty much ANY of them would be desirable over Clark. Seems like Reid was betting on whatever talk he had with Clark was going to motivate him to perform at least marginally better but the dude is just washed. At least it forces them to fasttrack Karlaftis into a true starter role instead of being rotational. Already taking the highest snap % of DEs now from what I understand.

htismaqe
09-23-2022, 12:33 PM
Look around the league at all the veteran pass rushers that got 1 year deals to supplement. Pretty much ANY of them would be desirable over Clark. Seems like Reid was betting on whatever talk he had with Clark was going to motivate him to perform at least marginally better but the dude is just washed. At least it forces them to fasttrack Karlaftis into a true starter role instead of being rotational. Already taking the highest snap % of DEs now from what I understand.

Yeah. Karlaftis led all linemen in snaps. He had two more than Chris Jones.

RunKC
09-23-2022, 12:35 PM

Cutting Clark would have forced the Chiefs to sign someone else (for depth at the very least) at the position. If it was a depth piece, not very expensive. But if it would have been a one year rental veteran type player, at least a good chunk of that 9 mil in dead cap is gone anyway because of this year.

Would I take that trade off? Yes. Because Clark isn't providing anything more than replacement level play anyway. But it's not quite as cut and dry 'extra 9 mil in cap costs next year for keeping clark' as you lay it out here.

Pretty much this. They looked at Z’Darius Smith who is coming off back surgery at 30. Yikes. Would you cut Clark to give him a 3 year deal?

They cupboard was pretty damn bare without Clark. Danna, Ingram part time (he’s too old to play a ton of snaps all year) and unproven players.

The Chiefs are too 5 in pressures through 2 weeks. Last week they got 18 pressures which is insane compared to last year.

They kept Frank but added a cheap part time player and developed 2 drafted guys. It’s worked out well so far

Sassy Squatch
09-23-2022, 12:35 PM
Oh really? I didn't know he got more than Jones. Good for him, dude is fucking balling. Can't wait for McDuffie to get back as well.

-King-
09-23-2022, 12:46 PM
Pretty much this. They looked at Z’Darius Smith who is coming off back surgery at 30. Yikes. Would you cut Clark to give him a 3 year deal?

They cupboard was pretty damn bare without Clark. Danna, Ingram part time (he’s too old to play a ton of snaps all year) and unproven players.

The Chiefs are too 5 in pressures through 2 weeks. Last week they got 18 pressures which is insane compared to last year.

They kept Frank but added a cheap part time player and developed 2 drafted guys. It’s worked out well so far

Because Zdarius Smith was the only possible replacement? You can get a player who's just as good as Clark is for a lot less. JPP just got a $5mil deal and that's if he meets all incentives. Clowney got a 1 year 11mil deal. Charles Harris got a 2 year $14mil deal. Arden Key got a 2 year $7mil deal. Mario Addison signed a 2 year $7mil deal. And there are a bunch of other DEs that were available that at worst are as good as Clark.

We weren't lacking options.

-King-
09-23-2022, 12:48 PM

I agree. Frank being here and being shitty is the best thing that could have happened for Karlaftis. They were forced to play him a lot and he's been damn good so far. Can't wait for his pressures to start turning into sacks. He needs that reward.

RunKC
09-23-2022, 01:26 PM
Because Zdarius Smith was the only possible replacement? You can get a player who's just as good as Clark is for a lot less. JPP just got a $5mil deal and that's if he meets all incentives. Clowney got a 1 year 11mil deal. Charles Harris got a 2 year $14mil deal. Arden Key got a 2 year $7mil deal. Mario Addison signed a 2 year $7mil deal. And there are a bunch of other DEs that were available that at worst are as good as Clark.

We weren't lacking options.

Or…hear me out here…Carlos Dunlap?

Yeah. That’ll do. And a first rd pick. And Mike Danna playing really well.

These old guys like JPP, Ingram and Dunlap shouldn’t be getting a ton of snaps like a starter anymore. They’ve got about 10 years worth of being banged up. Don’t think it’s sustainable for a 17 game season.

Again. Karlaftis and Danna both got 6 pressures week 1 and our DL got 18 last Thursday. That’s top 5 in the league guys.

So what are we complaining about again?

O.city
09-23-2022, 01:27 PM
Cut him and pocket that extra money

This isn’t hard man

irafreak
09-23-2022, 01:33 PM

Yep. This year it was 9 million dead plus his replacement's cost. I don't remember but was this done before the tyreek trade? I could see veech saying we need money now so we'll come to a compromise with frank. Clark is lousy but you need bodies.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 01:34 PM

Depending on how far down the rabbit hole, of course - the ripples in the lake continue going outward and that's worth acknowledging.

That said - guy's replacement level. Maybe. He's probably better than Kaindoh but he's isn't by a ton.

Though I'll concede that it's unlikely Veach would've been content rolling with Danna out there. But as I said at the time, I'd have gladly continued a youth movement with some potentially undervalued younger players like Derek Barnett, Bilal Nichols, Dorance Armstrong, Arden Key, Rasheem Green, etc...

Any of them would've easily slotted into that 'free' space. I mean we're not at the cap right this very second and all those guys signed in the 2nd and 3rd waves had surprisingly reasonable AAVs and many even took 2-3 year deals with a little upside baked in the cake.

My frustration in all this was the predictability and avoidability of it.

Oh, and we're not even getting into not taking a DE instead of a 3rd safety in the 2nd round when discussing 'replacement cost'. I've simply had no choice but to let that one go. There's no unringing the bell now.

htismaqe
09-23-2022, 01:34 PM
He’s here for the rest of this season and then he’s gone. Can’t believe this is still a discussion.

RunKC
09-23-2022, 01:37 PM
He’s here for the rest of this season and then he’s gone. Can’t believe this is still a discussion.

Chiefsplanet tradition.

Alex Smith
Dee Ford
Justin Houston
Eric Berry
Frank Clark

Always someone. A tradition like no other!

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 01:39 PM
Or…hear me out here…Carlos Dunlap?

Yeah. That’ll do. And a first rd pick. And Mike Danna playing really well.

These old guys like JPP, Ingram and Dunlap shouldn’t be getting a ton of snaps like a starter anymore. They’ve got about 10 years worth of being banged up. Don’t think it’s sustainable for a 17 game season.

Again. Karlaftis and Danna both got 6 pressures week 1 and our DL got 18 last Thursday. That’s top 5 in the league guys.

So what are we complaining about again?

Why do you keep deflecting?

Because every single thing you mentioned - literally every one of them - is a WHOLLY independent analysis from Frank Clark. None of them are impacted by his presence on the roster.

Cut Frank Clark - can still sign Dunlap. Cut Frank Clark - can still draft George Karlaftis. Cut Frank Clark - Mike Danna still develops in the off-season.

Keeping Frank Clark did NOTHING to impact those things. He's done nothing to make them easier. He's done nothing to make them more substantial. Having Frank Clark on this roster has done jack and shit and will only make things HARDER next season.

Again - I'm just a little confused by your insistence on being obtuse here. You know exactly what everyone is saying. You know they're not just 'bitching to bitch' and that Frank Clark didn't have anything to do with the rest of the things you've cited.

So what the hell are you trying to accomplish here? Is your point that people should stop pointing out that Frank Clark Fucking Sucks in a thread titled "Frank Clark Fucking Sucks"?

Because that seems...Quixotic.