PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Frank Clark fucking sucks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 01:41 PM
He’s here for the rest of this season and then he’s gone. Can’t believe this is still a discussion.

It's a discussion because Brett Veach brought him back when he shouldn't have.

I agree - I can't believe it happened either.

Because it was clear to anyone that doesn't have a blind spot for this fucking clown that not only was his ability overstated to non-existent, but his 'voice' simply isn't needed or welcome anymore.

This guy ran his course by week 4 of the 2020 season and yet here we are with him still on the roster. Because Veach was unwilling to walk away from a mistake.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 01:59 PM
Chiefsplanet tradition.

Alex Smith
Dee Ford
Justin Houston
Eric Berry
Frank Clark

Always someone. A tradition like no other!

Dude, you once tried to cite the presence of Frank Clark as the reason for the Ravens running rollout run/pass actions to the right side when they had Marshall Yanda at RG and a righthanded quarterback (oh, and continued running to that side when he moved over there in the 2nd half).

And said that the fact that Clark lined up over the TE (on his off side, no less) and was then run into as the TE went into the pattern was an example of a 'double team' that justified him getting completely stonewalled. Or that he was doubled when we ran a stunt that put him in the B gap. Or when we sent 3 rushers and the G had an option of hitting Clark or fingering his own butthole.

And this wasn't after he defeated the double team, mind you. Or single team. Or backup TEs. It was after he got smacked around AGAIN and you felt compelled to defend it as 'doing his job' in making life easier for his teammates.

Oh sure, CP has guys it likes to flog. Definitely something of a tradition around here.

But so is you fondling Frank Clark's nuts and you've been doing it since the moment the trade was made. And unlike Staylor, you've simply refused to stop doing so.

This isn't about CP being unfairly critical - this is about some folks (including, sadly, our General Manager) who refuse to simply see what's right in front of them as it relates to Frank Clark.

penguinz
09-23-2022, 02:05 PM
He’s here for the rest of this season and then he’s gone. Can’t believe this is still a discussion.

You forgot to include: "He is a flaming aids tree and should just die so he cant be put on the field. BV should trade him for a 2nd and a 4th."

-King-
09-23-2022, 02:09 PM
Or…hear me out here…Carlos Dunlap?

Yeah. That’ll do. And a first rd pick. And Mike Danna playing really well.

These old guys like JPP, Ingram and Dunlap shouldn’t be getting a ton of snaps like a starter anymore. They’ve got about 10 years worth of being banged up. Don’t think it’s sustainable for a 17 game season.

Again. Karlaftis and Danna both got 6 pressures week 1 and our DL got 18 last Thursday. That’s top 5 in the league guys.

So what are we complaining about again?

Ok, you have to be trolling at this point.

So if Dunlap was Clark's replacement, then they didn't need to re-sign Clark at all. Especially if he was going to cost them money in 2023. If he wasn't Clark's replacement, they could have still signed him and also signed one of the other guys I mentioned and not have to re-sign Clark especially if he would cost them money in 2023.

RunKC
09-23-2022, 02:12 PM
Why do you keep deflecting?

Because every single thing you mentioned - literally every one of them - is a WHOLLY independent analysis from Frank Clark. None of them are impacted by his presence on the roster.

Cut Frank Clark - can still sign Dunlap. Cut Frank Clark - can still draft George Karlaftis. Cut Frank Clark - Mike Danna still develops in the off-season.

Keeping Frank Clark did NOTHING to impact those things. He's done nothing to make them easier. He's done nothing to make them more substantial. Having Frank Clark on this roster has done jack and shit and will only make things HARDER next season.

Again - I'm just a little confused by your insistence on being obtuse here. You know exactly what everyone is saying. You know they're not just 'bitching to bitch' and that Frank Clark didn't have anything to do with the rest of the things you've cited.

So what the hell are you trying to accomplish here? Is your point that people should stop pointing out that Frank Clark ****ing Sucks in a thread titled "Frank Clark ****ing Sucks"?

Because that seems...Quixotic.

Honestly it doesn’t make it very much harder next year bc we traded Tyreek and cashed in on draft picks. The last 2 drafts have helped us gain significant leverage. And we have 12 draft picks next year with $25 million cap space (11th in NFL per OTC).

And hell Clyde and Danna stepping up has made this an ever better situation too thus far.

You guys are acting like this Frank Clark restructure is a giant anchor that is disabling us from doing anything….it’s not.

So far Karlaftis has 9 pressures, Danna has 8, Jones has 12 and Dunlap has 7. Frank has 5. He’s a rotational player at this point. I’m not his biggest fan but fuck man. We are a top unit pressuring the QB so far this season.

We’re legitimately good and you guys are bitching about something that doesn’t matter and that you also can’t change. I was worried about their plan keeping Frank but am surprised that they look so good 2 weeks in.

Seriously. It’s sunny outside and you guys are upset bc there’s a chance of rain.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 02:13 PM

So if Dunlap was Clark's replacement, then they didn't need to re-sign Clark at all. Especially if he was going to cost them money in 2023. If he wasn't Clark's replacement, they could have also signed one of the other guys I mentioned and not have to re-sign Clark especially if he would cost them money in 2023.

You would think so.

But if so - shit man, credit to him for the long game on this one.

Because he's been doing this for 4 years now. There is nothing he won't chalk up to the presence of Frank Clark. Ogbah got a sack once and he used it as proof that Frank Clark was great while acknowledging that Clark wasn't on the fucking field at the time.

But/for the join date and ability to construct complete sentences, I'd presume he was a Frank Clark burner account.

Run's been waiving these Frank Clark pom poms for a looooooong time.

penguinz
09-23-2022, 02:17 PM
You would think so.

But if so - shit man, credit to him for the long game on this one.

Because he's been doing this for 4 years now. There is nothing he won't chalk up to the presence of Frank Clark. Ogbah got a sack once and he used it as proof that Frank Clark was great while acknowledging that Clark wasn't on the ****ing field at the time.

But/for the join date and ability to construct complete sentences, I'd presume he was a Frank Clark burner account.

Run's been waiving these Frank Clark pom poms for a looooooong time.
Maybe the Shark was the loudest one cheering on the sideline for Ogbah.

htismaqe
09-23-2022, 02:18 PM
It's a discussion because Brett Veach brought him back when he shouldn't have.

I agree - I can't believe it happened either.

Because it was clear to anyone that doesn't have a blind spot for this fucking clown that not only was his ability overstated to non-existent, but his 'voice' simply isn't needed or welcome anymore.

This guy ran his course by week 4 of the 2020 season and yet here we are with him still on the roster. Because Veach was unwilling to walk away from a mistake.

It isn’t really a discussion though. He sucks. Not much to discuss there. Veach brought him back anyway and we are stuck with him. Not much to discuss there either. The Frank Clark discussion ran its course about the same time he did.

RunKC
09-23-2022, 02:23 PM

So if Dunlap was Clark's replacement, then they didn't need to re-sign Clark at all. Especially if he was going to cost them money in 2023. If he wasn't Clark's replacement, they could have still signed him and also signed one of the other guys I mentioned and not have to re-sign Clark especially if he would cost them money in 2023.

Carlos Dunlap played 17 snaps last week. The fewest of any DL that played. He’s a backup rotational player at this point. That’s his role and he knows it.

And you know why? Probably bc this is his 14th year playing professional football. He’s 33 dude. He ain’t what he used to be. He’s beat up. Hell his Achilles bothered him before he played and he missed the first week of camp.

These older guys shouldn’t be playing 55-65 snaps a game as a starter. It’s a 17 game season. It’s foolish to burn them out in a long season.

RunKC
09-23-2022, 02:33 PM
It isn’t really a discussion though. He sucks. Not much to discuss there. Veach brought him back anyway and we are stuck with him. Not much to discuss there either. The Frank Clark discussion ran its course about the same time he did.

Yeah DJ is making me out to be a Frank Clark defender. I’ve been frustrated with him for a few years now.

We won a SB in part due to him IMO and then he just fell off significantly. If anything I’m defending the teams plan this offseason (so far) bc it’s actually worked.

Now we have started phase 2. And goddamn man. Our HC is elite, our ST’s is elite, our front office is elite, our secondary coaching and talent identification is elite. Now Joe Cullen looks like he’s got our pass rush turned around looking like Dave Merritt and these corners.

I’m excited that our coaching staff looks better. We have the best staff in football and it’s showing.

That sure hides mistakes like Frank Clark

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 02:36 PM
Honestly it doesn’t make it very much harder next year bc we traded Tyreek and cashed in on draft picks. The last 2 drafts have helped us gain significant leverage. And we have 12 draft picks next year with $25 million cap space (11th in NFL per OTC).

And hell Clyde and Danna stepping up has made this an ever better situation too thus far.

You guys are acting like this Frank Clark restructure is a giant anchor that is disabling us from doing anything….it’s not.

So far Karlaftis has 9 pressures, Danna has 8, Jones has 12 and Dunlap has 7. Frank has 5. He’s a rotational player at this point. I’m not his biggest fan but fuck man. We are a top unit pressuring the QB so far this season.

And again - Frank Clark has no part in any of that.

Meanwhile next season when we're trying to figure out what to do with Juan Thornhill and have $9 million less in cap space, come see me. Or hell, maybe the fact that we DON'T presently have a young DE from the 2nd round because we drafted Bryan Cook instead is because they knew they had to plan for life without Thornhill.

Frank Clark's mere existence on this roster will make things harder for this organization next season. And that's why he shouldn't be on it.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 02:53 PM
Yeah DJ is making me out to be a Frank Clark defender. I’ve been frustrated with him for a few years now.

We won a SB in part due to him IMO and then he just fell off significantly. If anything I’m defending the teams plan this offseason (so far) bc it’s actually worked.

Now we have started phase 2. And goddamn man. Our HC is elite, our ST’s is elite, our front office is elite, our secondary coaching and talent identification is elite. Now Joe Cullen looks like he’s got our pass rush turned around looking like Dave Merritt and these corners.

I’m excited that our coaching staff looks better. We have the best staff in football and it’s showing.

That sure hides mistakes like Frank Clark

You are PRESENTLY defending Frank Clark. And that's after shouting from the rooftops how great he was initially.

Telling us all that we should be ignoring his awfulness because of things that have nothing to do with him that AREN'T awful is absolutely being a Frank Clark defender.

The aspect of the plan being discussed - again, in the thread expressly designed to address it - has NOT worked. Frank Clark is not any better than he's been for 2+ years now. He still Fucking Sucks.

You wanna talk about how we have the best coaching staff in the NFL? Sure - do that. Make a thread about it. There's a good case to be made in that regard and it should generate some interesting dialogue. You wanna talk about the development of the secondary and how Spags/Merritt have routinely gotten more out of less with some of these guys? Again - have at it. Excellent thread idea.

But what the hell does ANY of that have to do with the price of tea in China? Any of those things can be true. ALL of those things can be true. And JJSS can have been fairly disappointing thus far. And Brown can have been solid and Smith a little below where we expected and Bolton amazing and Gay got rat fucked and on and on and on and on.

And NONE of that changes the fact that Frank Clark Fucking Sucks. He sucked when you wouldn't admit he sucked. He sucks now. His return was foolish and unnecessary and it will impact our cap next season. It's all relevant discussion and most importantly it's all accurate.

So deflect all you want, but I'm not sure what your end game is here.

KCUnited
09-23-2022, 02:56 PM
Clark needs to literally feast this weekend.

Get this dude some calories while someone else takes his snaps.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 02:56 PM

Oh I don't necessarily disagree.

Like I said earlier - this thread has gone from WWIII to just about everyone openly mocking what a worthless faux 'dawg' he's become at this point.

It didn't pivot back into a discussion on the merits of the presence on his roster until someone decided that really, it doesn't matter fellas...

It does. And that's exactly the point.

Sassy Squatch
09-23-2022, 02:59 PM
They made it pretty obvious what they thought of Thornhill long-term when it took Sorenson completely blowing it in multiple games for him to get any playing time at all. They don't see him here long term and that's why we took Cook.

JPH83
09-23-2022, 03:04 PM
They made it pretty obvious what they thought of Thornhill long-term when it took Sorenson completely blowing it in multiple games for him to get any playing time at all. They don't see him here long term and that's why we took Cook.

Which is also probably a mistake, imo

htismaqe
09-23-2022, 03:04 PM

I don’t think they’re done with Thornhill. They better not be. He’s yet to be targeted in pass defense. He’s quietly one of the best DB’s on the roster over the first two weeks.

RunKC
09-23-2022, 03:06 PM
And again - Frank Clark has no part in any of that.

Meanwhile next season when we're trying to figure out what to do with Juan Thornhill and have $9 million less in cap space, come see me. Or hell, maybe the fact that we DON'T presently have a young DE from the 2nd round because we drafted Bryan Cook instead is because they knew they had to plan for life without Thornhill.

Frank Clark's mere existence on this roster will make things harder for this organization next season. And that's why he shouldn't be on it.

See this is my point. You guys are acting like this is a huge problem prohibiting us from doing things like keep players. It’s really not.

We’ve got $25 million next year. After Frank is released it’s $35 million. That’s before any other cuts.

And you know extending Thornhill will not be a problem. His first year cap hit will be minimal and Frank will be completely off the books when his big cap hits set in.

I also wasn’t high on the Bryan Cook pick but you’re forgetting Mike Danna. Dude is a 5th rd pick. And Karlaftis was the 30th. We’re paying them both next to nothing.

Every team has a player like this. When you draft and coach we’ll it minimizes problems like this.

RunKC
09-23-2022, 03:11 PM
Oh I don't necessarily disagree.

Like I said earlier - this thread has gone from WWIII to just about everyone openly mocking what a worthless faux 'dawg' he's become at this point.

It didn't pivot back into a discussion on the merits of the presence on his roster until someone decided that really, it doesn't matter fellas...

It does. And that's exactly the point.

On a good not we should all be happy that Brown Jr wanted more money guaranteed in the last part of his contract and Veach kindly told him and his agent to fuck off.

It looks like she’s learned from that Frank Clark contract.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2022, 03:20 PM
See this is my point. You guys are acting like this is a huge problem prohibiting us from doing things like keep players. It’s really not.

We’ve got $25 million next year. After Frank is released it’s $35 million. That’s before any other cuts.

And you know extending Thornhill will not be a problem. His first year cap hit will be minimal and Frank will be completely off the books when his big cap hits set in.

I also wasn’t high on the Bryan Cook pick but you’re forgetting Mike Danna. Dude is a 5th rd pick. And Karlaftis was the 30th. We’re paying them both next to nothing.

Every team has a player like this. When you draft and coach we’ll it minimizes problems like this.

I feel like you're trying play both sides here.

If 'extending Thornhill will not be a problem' because of low 1st year cap hits, then doesn't that make the impact Clark would have on additions to the roster all the greater? I mean at that point you're talking about $9 million or so that could get us TWO starting caliber guys. At least that's the case if you're gonna play the "but low year 1 cap hit" game.

I think that's a hard game to play so I don't typically do it. Instead I just try to discuss the AAV of the 'effective guarantees' on a guy as a proxy for the damage done. Afterall, that's really the reality of it in the rollover era.

As I said in one of those Buffalo threads - our cap is in better shape next year than many will have. At the same time, that's without a LT or RT, without a starting DT2, without a viable starting DE2, without CB3, without S2, with about 1/2 of a WR room, etc...

It's gonna get tight faster than you realize and a point will be here where we REALLY wish we had 5% of our salary cap back.

I mean the idea what we, who are presently about the middle of the NFL in available cap space while having fewer players under contract next season than literally everyone ahead of us, are going to find ourselves so flush in cap space that missing $9 million of it (or roughly an additional 50% over what we have NOW) won't matter.

There's just no way to polish that turd, man. It's gonna hurt.

O.city
09-23-2022, 03:40 PM
Whistling past the graveyard aboit 10 million in dead cap so we could see Frank have a sit down with Andy and give up booze for a month

Yippee

srvy
09-23-2022, 04:08 PM

Me neither but here we are. Then we get we should have signed Justin Houston crowd. He wasn't ever coming back to the chiefs besides he was an out of shape play taken off turd in his final years here.

In short, be patient and this will soon be over.

-King-
09-23-2022, 04:45 PM
Carlos Dunlap played 17 snaps last week. The fewest of any DL that played. He’s a backup rotational player at this point. That’s his role and he knows it.

And you know why? Probably bc this is his 14th year playing professional football. He’s 33 dude. He ain’t what he used to be. He’s beat up. Hell his Achilles bothered him before he played and he missed the first week of camp.

These older guys shouldn’t be playing 55-65 snaps a game as a starter. It’s a 17 game season. It’s foolish to burn them out in a long season.

Yeah you're being intentionally obtuse.

htismaqe
09-23-2022, 04:51 PM
Whistling past the graveyard aboit 10 million in dead cap so we could see Frank have a sit down with Andy and give up booze for a month

Yippee

Dude, we were always going to eat that money. You can complain all you want about the situation now (because yeah, it sucks) but this was all set in motion the minute they traded for him and gave him that ridiculous contract. We didn’t save any money by re-signing him but we wouldn’t have saved any money by cutting him either. That dead cap hit was always going to be there because we never should have gave him that contract in the first place.

-King-
09-23-2022, 05:31 PM
Dude, we were always going to eat that money. You can complain all you want about the situation now (because yeah, it sucks) but this was all set in motion the minute they traded for him and gave him that ridiculous contract. We didn’t save any money by re-signing him but we wouldn’t have saved any money by cutting him either. That dead cap hit was always going to be there because we never should have gave him that contract in the first place.

The money in 2023 wasn't there until we re-signed him. He would have been off the books.

htismaqe
09-23-2022, 05:41 PM
The money in 2023 wasn't there until we re-signed him. He would have been off the books.

They were on the hook for almost $20M and if they split it over two years he would have counted about 9 million both this year and next.

O.city
09-23-2022, 05:46 PM
No don’t believe that’s the case.

htismaqe
09-23-2022, 05:50 PM
No don’t believe that’s the case.

They could have eaten the whole amount this year. They could have.

But again, the minute they gave him a $100M contract, this story was written. Short of Clark becoming DT in a Chiefs uniform, we were never going to get out of him what we were paid.

-King-
09-23-2022, 06:11 PM
They were on the hook for almost $20M and if they split it over two years he would have counted about 9 million both this year and next.

https://i.ibb.co/1J4d9mK/Screenshot-20220923-190905.png

htismaqe
09-23-2022, 06:26 PM
https://i.ibb.co/1J4d9mK/Screenshot-20220923-190905.png

That’s right. It was $13M in dead money. The 19M was cash. My bad.

threebag
09-25-2022, 12:01 PM
Frank Clark is playing like a dead player. We’d be better off eating the dead cap and bringing JAG off the street.

Fuck, I could get washed out of every play for rookie minimum

Titty Meat
09-25-2022, 12:04 PM
Is he playing today?

Titty Meat
09-25-2022, 12:28 PM
I guess so

MIAdragon
09-25-2022, 12:31 PM
I guess so

Blind squirrel

RealSNR
09-25-2022, 12:43 PM
Blind squirrel

Yeah, he’s more a blind squirrel than a broken clock.

I sincerely doubt he can be right twice in a day

Munson
09-25-2022, 12:51 PM

Pitt Gorilla
09-25-2022, 12:59 PM
That was a hell of a play.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2022, 09:15 PM
huge improvement

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdoX7cVXoAEb5HF?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdM6rHFXEAA3l3k?format=jpg&name=large

Yosef_Malkovitch
10-02-2022, 10:16 PM
Baaam!! Per NFL.com, in tonight's game Clark the Shark got 0 tackles, 0 sacks, and 1 assist. Plus 1 penalty!

That's value for your dollar, right there.

loochy
10-02-2022, 10:17 PM
He's really just a body on the field at this point.

BWillie
10-02-2022, 10:51 PM
We need Danna back.

Megatron96
10-03-2022, 01:42 AM
Really tried to pay attention to Frank in this game.

I saw two issues when i had a chance to watch most of his defensive snaps in the highlights. First, he needs to stay low at the snap. Just about every time he gets vertical within just a couple strides, literally reducing one of his physical advantages: his length. And he did time several snaps very well, exploding off the snap. But he stands up pretty much immediately, which both slows him down and takes away a lot of that length I mentioned. If he stays down he would accelerate even faster, and he'd be able to get underneath the T's hands on a speed rush.

The other is that he needs to tighten up his . . . everything. When he runs his feet are too wide apart and his elbows are flapping like a chicken's. That's a ton of wasted motion. I can't believe someone hasn't pointed that out by this point in his career so he could work on that. Hell, I'd bet my truck that that wide foot stance is why his spin move sucks ass. He's not able to spin fast enough.

Then there's the too frequent plays where he kind of half-asses a tackle attempt. You don't hit with enough violence to reliably knock runners to the ground with your shoulder, Frank. Wrap everyone up, something I know you know how to do.

Got a long way to go.

PAChiefsGuy
10-03-2022, 03:21 AM
But I thought because he lost weight he was going to dominate this season?

threebag
10-03-2022, 04:30 AM
I try not to even watch his side of the ball, constantly washed out of plays and owned. He takes a lot of the enjoyment out of the game. Someone needs to slip and uzi into his carryon next time he flies.

RunKC
10-06-2022, 10:11 PM
I feel better tonight knowing that we did not make the worst trade and contract extension for a Seattle Seahawk.

dlphg9
10-07-2022, 06:11 AM
Really tried to pay attention to Frank in this game.

I saw two issues when i had a chance to watch most of his defensive snaps in the highlights. First, he needs to stay low at the snap. Just about every time he gets vertical within just a couple strides, literally reducing one of his physical advantages: his length. And he did time several snaps very well, exploding off the snap. But he stands up pretty much immediately, which both slows him down and takes away a lot of that length I mentioned. If he stays down he would accelerate even faster, and he'd be able to get underneath the T's hands on a speed rush.

The other is that he needs to tighten up his . . . everything. When he runs his feet are too wide apart and his elbows are flapping like a chicken's. That's a ton of wasted motion. I can't believe someone hasn't pointed that out by this point in his career so he could work on that. Hell, I'd bet my truck that that wide foot stance is why his spin move sucks ass. He's not able to spin fast enough.

Then there's the too frequent plays where he kind of half-asses a tackle attempt. You don't hit with enough violence to reliably knock runners to the ground with your shoulder, Frank. Wrap everyone up, something I know you know how to do.

Got a long way to go.

I'm pretty sure I brought the flailing his arms like an idiot thing, but I've had so many posts about the turd I can't remember.

He looks ridiculous out there.

KChiefs1
10-07-2022, 06:54 AM
I feel better tonight knowing that we did not make the worst trade and contract extension for a Seattle Seahawk.

Seahawks GM has made some great decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Meck
10-07-2022, 07:49 AM
I thought he might be a little better this season what with the healthier lifestyle.

Guess not.

JPH83
10-07-2022, 07:56 AM
I know he's not the same liability as Sorensen was last year in terms of just being relentlessly targeted. But his contract combined with his absolutely abysmal play is a genuine hate crime and every bit as damaging.

Can't blame the guy for cashing in but the drop off in salary from this contract to his next is going to be hilarious to see and richly deserved. Cannot wait to flush this turd.

PHOG
10-07-2022, 08:27 AM
Have we cut this POS yet?

DRM08
10-07-2022, 08:29 AM

Pete Carroll sure knows how to screw other teams in trade situations. KC should stop dealing with him.

Hammock Parties
10-07-2022, 09:37 AM
chiefs are #1 run defense...clark can set the edge!

Gary Cooper
10-07-2022, 11:19 AM
He's waiting for the playoffs to begin sacking QBs.

dlphg9
10-07-2022, 11:21 AM
I know he's not the same liability as Sorensen was last year in terms of just being relentlessly targeted. But his contract combined with his absolutely abysmal play is a genuine hate crime and every bit as damaging.

Can't blame the guy for cashing in but the drop off in salary from this contract to his next is going to be hilarious to see and richly deserved. Cannot wait to flush this turd.

The guy won't get another contract. This is probably his last year in the league.

Chiefnj2
10-07-2022, 11:27 AM
PFF Edge Rusher rankings:

Danna: 34 of 109
Dunlap: 68 of 109
Karlaftis: 99 of 109
Clark: 103 of 109

KC might have the worst edge rush group in the NFL. Clark might want to start drinking again.

-King-
10-07-2022, 11:28 AM

KC might have the worst edge rush group in the NFL. Clark might want to start drinking again.

It's a good Chris Jones, our LBs and DBs are all playing at great to elite levels cause fucking sheesh!

Hammock Parties
10-07-2022, 11:35 AM

fuck PFF, our pressure percentage is tops in the league

staylor26
10-07-2022, 11:58 AM

:facepalm:

Imagine basing an entire take around PFF grades

Gary Cooper
10-07-2022, 12:20 PM

Yikes. Karlaftis is a rookie but so are other players in that list of 109. Shows you how the preseason means nothing.

-King-
10-07-2022, 12:35 PM

Imagine basing an entire take around PFF grades

Pff is terrible but our DEs haven't been good. Our defense is all about the DTs and the back seven playing great. It's why we have to blitz so much and our leading sacker is Sneed. DEs are the only weak point in our defense.

staylor26
10-07-2022, 12:53 PM
Yikes. Karlaftis is a rookie but so are other players in that list of 109. Shows you how the preseason means nothing.

Karlaftis had 9 pressures in the first couple games, and had a top 10 pas rush win rate in week 4.

It doesn't make any sense that his grade is that low.

But feel free to judge based entirely on a meaningless PFF grade.

staylor26
10-07-2022, 12:54 PM
Pff is terrible but our DEs haven't been good. Our defense is all about the DTs and the back seven playing great. It's why we have to blitz so much and our leading sacker is Sneed. DEs are the only weak point in our defense.

They haven't been good, but I don't believe they've been as bad as those grades would indicate either.

Danna and Karlaftis have been very similar in terms of getting pressure, yet those grades don't reflect that at all.

JPH83
10-07-2022, 01:02 PM
They haven't been good, but I don't believe they've been as bad as those grades would indicate either.

Danna and Karlaftis have been very similar in terms of getting pressure, yet those grades don't reflect that at all.

I mean which parts do you disagree with? Presumably the Karlaftis grade. Clark has been atrocious, Danna has been surprisingly good, Dunlap has been middle-of-the-pack. Sounds pretty much what we've all seen and said. I've tried to focus on Karlaftis and to be honest, I don't think they're right, but equally I don't think he's been that great against the run, which it looks like is where they're graded him poorly.

Our DEs might not be the worst, and I'm confident Karlaftis improves a LOT. But there are also a LOT of teams with better DEs.

staylor26
10-07-2022, 01:05 PM
I mean which parts do you disagree with? Presumably the Karlaftis grade. Clark has been atrocious, Danna has been surprisingly good, Dunlap has been middle-of-the-pack. Sounds pretty much what we've all seen and said. I've tried to focus on Karlaftis and to be honest, I don't think they're right, but equally I don't think he's been that great against the run, which it looks like is where they're graded him poorly.

Our DEs might not be the worst, and I'm confident Karlaftis improves a LOT. But there are also a LOT of teams with better DEs.

Yes.

I specifically pointed out the gap between Danna and Karlaftis.

JPH83
10-07-2022, 01:10 PM
Yes.

I specifically pointed out the gap between Danna and Karlaftis.

Fair enough, so you're broadly in agreement with the rest. What's your assessment of Karlaftis so far?

threebag
10-07-2022, 01:48 PM
At this point, I don’t think even an uzi could help his game.

Red Dawg
10-07-2022, 02:00 PM
Pass rush sucks balls. We knew this before the season.

Imon Yourside
10-07-2022, 02:05 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT go after Pete Carrols leftovers...Never again(I hope) :)

JPH83
10-07-2022, 03:09 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT go after Pete Carrols leftovers...Never again(I hope) :)

Yep. Reed was hot trash too.

BWillie
10-07-2022, 04:09 PM
Karlaftis had 9 pressures in the first couple games, and had a top 10 pas rush win rate in week 4.

It doesn't make any sense that his grade is that low.

But feel free to judge based entirely on a meaningless PFF grade.

I think pressures are more important than sacks. Take mobile QBs like Lamar, Allen, Hurts, Mahomes etc. Once you get to him, you can't just dive blindly. Your goal is to contain so he cant make a miraculous play. Once you get your pressure you play these QBs differently than the statues like Joe Burrow and Tom Brady. With that said would be nice to see Karlaftis get some sakkkks

-King-
10-10-2022, 09:54 PM
He was having such an out of character good first half that his body didn't know what to do and he got ill halfway through the game LMAO. Shits hilarious lol

Pitt Gorilla
10-10-2022, 09:55 PM
He was having such an out of character good first half that his body didn't know what to do and he got ill halfway through the game LMAO. Shits hilarious lol

Pretty much. Pretty great first half.

loochy
10-10-2022, 09:58 PM

scared the shit out him

literally

PAChiefsGuy
10-12-2022, 03:25 AM
Bench him.

Abba-Dabba
10-12-2022, 04:13 AM
Does this guy have Crohn's disease or what? The offseason diet changes and weight loss are interesting with all the upset tummy stuff.

srvy
10-12-2022, 06:37 AM

Probably Franks pregame meal was Taco Bell with a side of LJS.

O.city
10-12-2022, 06:51 AM
Was he having a great first half?

KChiefs1
10-12-2022, 06:58 AM
Does this guy have Crohn's disease or what? The offseason diet changes and weight loss are interesting with all the upset tummy stuff.

Yes

Skyy God
10-12-2022, 07:15 AM
Yes

Plus he used to booze, which is bad news bears in combo with Crohn’s.

penguinz
10-12-2022, 07:22 AM
Plus he used to booze, which is bad news bears in combo with Crohn’s.

Plus the side effects of Chrona medications can make you sick.

Three of the common side effects of Stelara are

diarrhea
stomach pain
joint pain

KCUnited
10-12-2022, 07:25 AM
He hit the shrimp cocktail station in the locker room and left with Gout

-King-
10-12-2022, 07:40 AM

He had a few pressures, a sack and a TFL or two.

T-post Tom
10-12-2022, 08:03 AM
Genuinely feel bad for Clark or anyone suffering these symptoms. Sounds like Crohn's disease or pancreatitis. Either one is a horrible diagnosis.

loochy
10-12-2022, 08:29 AM
Genuinely feel bad for Clark or anyone suffering these symptoms. Sounds like Crohn's disease or pancreatitis. Either one is a horrible diagnosis.

that's becaue it's Chron's disease

DJ's left nut
10-12-2022, 08:31 AM

For Frank Clark? Yeah.

I mean for any other player you'd give that kind of money to and trade that much capital for, it would've been considered a pretty ordinary half. Which really just serves to demonstrate how badly we missed. That was the kind of performance we should be getting EVERY half from the guy.

He was present - which is more than we can usually say. He had a nice play where he really collapsed the edge on a rush. The half sack was decent enough as well but nothing special - but he showed sustained effort and that's commendable....for him, anyway.

We talked about this waaaaaaay back in his first season. Those flashes where he actually plays decent football at this point demonstrate more than anything just how...uh...NOT decent he plays the other 90% of the time he's on the field.

But yeah, he played like a good player for a half. He wasn't Crosby out there, but he probably played at a similar level to Chandler Jones. And that's definitely worth having around.

He won't do it again for another 6 weeks or so...

O.city
10-12-2022, 08:59 AM
For Frank Clark? Yeah.

I mean for any other player you'd give that kind of money to and trade that much capital for, it would've been considered a pretty ordinary half. Which really just serves to demonstrate how badly we missed. That was the kind of performance we should be getting EVERY half from the guy.

He was present - which is more than we can usually say. He had a nice play where he really collapsed the edge on a rush. The half sack was decent enough as well but nothing special - but he showed sustained effort and that's commendable....for him, anyway.

We talked about this waaaaaaay back in his first season. Those flashes where he actually plays decent football at this point demonstrate more than anything just how...uh...NOT decent he plays the other 90% of the time he's on the field.

But yeah, he played like a good player for a half. He wasn't Crosby out there, but he probably played at a similar level to Chandler Jones. And that's definitely worth having around.

He won't do it again for another 6 weeks or so...

That's kinda what I thought. Kinda like my marriage, set the bar low so you can trip over it from time to time.

It's ok, in a few weeks when Brian Burns is terrorizing T's here, we'll be fine.

KCUnited
10-12-2022, 09:53 AM
Kohl's needs to open a popup store inside Arrowhead for Frank

louie aguiar
10-13-2022, 11:20 AM
Dude’s always out sick

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs say Frank Clark (illness) &amp; Rashad Fenton (hamstring spam) are not expected to practice today.<br><br>Dave Toub said Harrison Butker (sprained left ankle) is back to his usual three-step kicking for field goals, which he did in yesterday&#39;s practice.</p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1580601944733020161?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe
10-13-2022, 11:48 AM
Just release him with an injury designation and take whatever cap hit comes of it.

-King-
10-13-2022, 11:54 AM
Even with players that you might not like like OBJ, you can justify why they brought them back/wanted to re-sign them...but there's basically no logic to why we brought Clark back. I don't get it. Even production aside, how many times can a guy get ill before you just accept that that's just who he is? Did they really buy into the whole alcohol and diet was the reason for him constantly being ill?

O.city
10-13-2022, 12:00 PM
It makes no god damn sense.

DJ's left nut
10-13-2022, 12:07 PM
Even with players that you might not like like OBJ, you can justify why they brought them back/wanted to re-sign them...but there's basically no logic to why we brought Clark back. I don't get it. Even production aside, how many times can a guy get ill before you just accept that that's just who he is? Did they really buy into the whole alcohol and diet was the reason for him constantly being ill?

Because it was a no-brainer.

It cost more to release him than it did to keep him. Arrowhead Pride said so.

In58men
10-13-2022, 12:26 PM
Y’all overreact when he misses practice. Like I said over and over, Chiefs obviously know about his stomach issues and they still resigned him. Everyone becomes a doctor when he misses lol.

raybec 4
10-13-2022, 12:30 PM
Because it was a no-brainer.

It cost more to release him than it did to keep him. Arrowhead Pride said so.

Great plan, now we have to eat a pile of dead cap money next year when we could have just been done with him.

DJ's left nut
10-13-2022, 12:31 PM
Great plan, now we have to eat a pile of dead cap money next year when we could have just been done with him.

Whaaaaaaaaaa?

Why didn't anyone mention that this off-season? Dafuq is going on here!?!

JPH83
10-13-2022, 01:10 PM
He's f***ing terrible. I don't like disliking Chiefs players but every time I see what we pay him and the absolute atrocity that he produces each week my blood boils. He isn't just bad, he's a giant liability. Cannot wait for him to f**k off.

htismaqe
10-13-2022, 01:12 PM
He's f***ing terrible. I don't like disliking Chiefs players but every time I see what we pay him and the absolute atrocity that he produces each week my blood boils. He isn't just bad, he's a giant liability. Cannot wait for him to f**k off.

That liability was on full display Monday night. He was actually playing well before he got the shits again. And then he's just...gone.

The greatest ability in the NFL is availability.

DJ's left nut
10-13-2022, 01:49 PM

Seriously - watch him walk.

Just...watch.

Watch that guy with his fucking practices 'swagger' as he's heading slowly back to the huddle or meandering back to the line.

I never thought I could dislike him more until I saw it. And now I can't unsee it. That guy truly thinks he's billy badass out there.

BossChief
10-13-2022, 02:01 PM
It was a real shame to see his health come into play again because he was having a very good first half against LV.

Let’s see how the year plays out, but his health is not to be counted on.

TribalElder
10-13-2022, 04:03 PM
I don't care how ill he might be during the week as long as he shows up and shows out getting all ill on the opposition

raybec 4
10-13-2022, 04:55 PM
It was a real shame to see his health come into play again because he was having a very good first half against LV.

Let’s see how the year plays out, but his health is not to be counted on.

His health, his effort, him playing assignment sound football, his decision making...all things that are not to be counted on.

threebag
10-13-2022, 07:43 PM
Just release him with an injury designation and take whatever cap hit comes of it.

This is the play

lewdog
10-13-2022, 08:27 PM
He's still doing a few things right.

1. Setting the edge.
2. Playing with a high motor.
3. Great locker room presence.
4. Lunch pail guy

Stop me if you've heard this before.

dlphg9
10-13-2022, 08:41 PM
I don't care how ill he might be during the week as long as he shows up and shows out getting all ill on the opposition

He doesn't show out though.

dlphg9
10-13-2022, 08:43 PM
Dude’s always out sick

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs say Frank Clark (illness) &amp; Rashad Fenton (hamstring spam) are not expected to practice today.<br><br>Dave Toub said Harrison Butker (sprained left ankle) is back to his usual three-step kicking for field goals, which he did in yesterday&#39;s practice.</p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1580601944733020161?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lol Hamstring Spam. Yum.

DJ's left nut
10-13-2022, 09:33 PM

I wonder if they could NFI his worthless ass and cut his salary to the league minimum.

You DO get a cap credit for what you actually pay a player vs his contracted amount on the NFI list. And players on NFI are only entitled to the minimum.

Could find about $4 million of cap space that way and roll on into next season.

Just fire this piece of shit into the sun already.

dlphg9
10-13-2022, 09:41 PM
I wonder if they could NFI his worthless ass and cut his salary to the league minimum.

You DO get a cap credit for what you actually pay a player vs his contracted amount on the NFI list. And players on NFI are only entitled to the minimum.

Could find about $4 million of cap space that way and roll on into next season.

Just fire this piece of shit into the sun already.

Even if that were an option, Brett Veach and Andy Reid wouldn't do that to him. For some reason they thought they needed to bring him back this season, so I really doubt they'd try to get rid of him mid season.

I'd love it though.

dlphg9
10-13-2022, 09:43 PM
Seriously - watch him walk.

Just...watch.

Watch that guy with his ****ing practices 'swagger' as he's heading slowly back to the huddle or meandering back to the line.

I never thought I could dislike him more until I saw it. And now I can't unsee it. That guy truly thinks he's billy badass out there.

Have you ever listened to his mic'd up? He runs his mouth and talks shit even when he's getting owned by a TE.

In58men
10-14-2022, 11:37 AM
Y’all overreact when he misses practice. Like I said over and over, Chiefs obviously know about his stomach issues and they still resigned him. Everyone becomes a doctor when he misses lol.

Well said Inmem58

He returned to practice today per Sweeney

MIAdragon
10-14-2022, 11:41 AM
Well said Inmem58

Can he return to a decent player, or at least return to Seattle?

Per MiaDragon

htismaqe
10-14-2022, 11:44 AM
Well said Inmem58

Did they find a place on his uniform to hang the colostomy bag?

DrunkBassGuitar
10-14-2022, 11:50 AM
Lol Hamstring Spam. Yum.

I'll take hamstrings over lips and assholes I guess

Megatron96
10-14-2022, 12:08 PM
Mostly posting this because coach Cullen is talking about the DL's performance after the Raiders game, so there's some nice insight here. And he talks about Frank at around the 4:20 mark, and just confirms what I was thinking when I was watching the game:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EREWOwL7feo" title="Cullen: “We have a great opponent, a tough opponent, in the Bills.” | Press Conference 10/13" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He was on his way to probably his best game of the season before he had to lave the game. This stomach illness thing is just way beyond frustrating, because "availability . . ."

dlphg9
10-14-2022, 12:16 PM
Mostly posting this because coach Cullen is talking about the DL's performance after the Raiders game, so there's some nice insight here. And he talks about Frank at around the 4:20 mark, and just confirms what I was thinking when I was watching the game:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EREWOwL7feo" title="Cullen: “We have a great opponent, a tough opponent, in the Bills.” | Press Conference 10/13" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He was on his way to probably his best game of the season before he had to lave the game. This stomach illness thing is just way beyond frustrating, because "availability . . ."

His "best game of the season" isn't something to really ride home about, considering he has sucked since he's been here. It's like the kid that gets F's on everything getting praise, because he got a C- on a test.

staylor26
10-14-2022, 12:37 PM
His "best game of the season" isn't something to really ride home about, considering he has sucked since he's been here. It's like the kid that gets F's on everything getting praise, because he got a C- on a test.

I understand that you guys hate Clark with a passion, but he was legitimately having a very good game and that shouldn't be all that difficult to admit.

Point to the lack of availability, but you don't have to pretend he wasn't playing well.

KCUnited
10-14-2022, 12:39 PM
Frank Clark looking at his watch like...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3KN5Ik7kE7w" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Megatron96
10-14-2022, 12:50 PM

While I agree in principle, the fact remains that we're pretty thin at EDGE, and we need every available starting caliber player we can get. And Clark was having a pretty good game getting pressure, a TFL and blowing up that screen or whatever it was, up until he had to leave the game. We could use that type of performance in this game, for certain.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2022, 12:58 PM

He had so much impact that the defense improved in the second half when he wasn't around anymore...

htismaqe
10-14-2022, 01:02 PM

Even the haters (which includes me) have to admit he was having one of his better games as Chief last Monday night before his bowels emptied.

htismaqe
10-14-2022, 01:03 PM
He had so much impact that the defense improved in the second half when he wasn't around anymore...

The defensive pressure up front didn't improve. It dropped off a cliff actually, although that might have more to do with ALL of the injuries, not just Frank's.

Wallcrawler
10-14-2022, 01:15 PM
Still 11 more playoff sacks than a certain high paid someone on that DL who has yet to get a single one.

AdolfOliverBush
10-14-2022, 01:20 PM
Frank "The Shart" Clark.

JPH83
10-14-2022, 01:32 PM
Still 11 more playoff sacks than a certain high paid someone on that DL who has yet to get a single one.

Are you really still going with this on Chris Jones? Insane.

Megatron96
10-14-2022, 01:48 PM
Are you really still going with this on Chris Jones? Insane.

I don't agree with WC that often, but he has a point. CJ has been virtually invisible in the playoffs to date.

To be worth his contract(s), he needs to ball out in the playoffs. Personally, i don't care how many sacks he gets in the regular season anymore. he needs to produce in the biggest moments on the biggest stages, and he just hasn't up to now.

I have high hopes for him this year though. he's overall played better this year than he has maybe ever. And I don't mean sacks. He's been much better all-around. But he's going to have to be dominant in the playoffs, particularly this season, because we can't count on any other DT on the roster to do it, and we're pretty thin at EDGE.

JPH83
10-14-2022, 02:07 PM
I don't agree with WC that often, but he has a point. CJ has been virtually invisible in the playoffs to date.

To be worth his contract(s), he needs to ball out in the playoffs. Personally, i don't care how many sacks he gets in the regular season anymore. he needs to produce in the biggest moments on the biggest stages, and he just hasn't up to now.

I have high hopes for him this year though. he's overall played better this year than he has maybe ever. And I don't mean sacks. He's been much better all-around. But he's going to have to be dominant in the playoffs, particularly this season, because we can't count on any other DT on the roster to do it, and we're pretty thin at EDGE.

It is honestly baffling to me that anyone looks at the best player on our DL, the guy who has routinely been the ONLY player who is not dog-s**t and actually has an impact and thinks "wish he was doing more". I mean, he's playing next to The Shart and A N Other at DT. Teams repeatedly recognise him as our only DL threat and he STILL f***s them up.

I kinda hoped that the one thing we could agree upon is Clark is an expensive POS, and that this thread should be reserved almost as a holy place of communion between brothers-in-Chiefs on our mutual loathing of this abject turd. But somehow WC's deranged take infects it. F**k me.

MIAdragon
10-14-2022, 02:18 PM

It’s comical.

-King-
10-14-2022, 02:28 PM

They go into games expecting nothing from him. Him actually doing something threw the rest of the defense off their game.

Megatron96
10-14-2022, 02:30 PM
It is honestly baffling to me that anyone looks at the best player on our DL, the guy who has routinely been the ONLY player who is not dog-s**t and actually has an impact and thinks "wish he was doing more". I mean, he's playing next to The Shart and A N Other at DT. Teams repeatedly recognise him as our only DL threat and he STILL f***s them up.

Chris Jones is the second-best DT in the league, and has been for a few years now. And that's a fact, not just statistically, but it's the unanimous opinion of every player, coach, NFL analyst for several years running.

But he's had no impact in the playoffs, other than a coupe batted passes.

For the sake of comparison, Aaron Donald (the only DT ranked higher than CJ) has not only produced statistically in the playoffs, with 6 sacks in four playoff appearances, 31 tackles, 10 TFLs, and 17 QB hits. Further, Aaron has produced in the biggest moments; he's actually closed big games, like that sack in the SB last season. That's clutch.

Now, to be fair, Donald is another generational player.

CJ is the best DT not named Aaron D., but somehow, even with having played more playoff games, Chris has zero sacks, just 22 tckles, 2 TFLs, just 4 QB hits, and 10 PDs. Chris needs to do better in January/february, period.

Those are just the facts.

smithandrew051
10-14-2022, 02:32 PM
Even the haters (which includes me) have to admit he was having one of his better games as Chief last Monday night before his bowels emptied.

One of the few times I’m relieved he didn’t “leave it all on the field”. Would’ve been disgusting.

BigRedChief
10-14-2022, 02:36 PM
One of the few times I’m relieved he didn’t “leave it all on the field”. Would’ve been disgusting.

This happened? Metcalf last week needed a cart to take a shit. Why don’t players take a good long shit before the game!

smithandrew051
10-14-2022, 02:37 PM
This happened? Metcalf last week needed a cart to shit. Why don’t players take a good long shit before the game!

I’ll always believe Lamar Jackson left that game against the Browns to take a shit. Equally hilarious that they were playing the Browns.

htismaqe
10-14-2022, 02:43 PM
This happened? Metcalf last week needed a cart to take a shit. Why don’t players take a good long shit before the game!

We don't know 100% for certain what is was but the sideline reporter said he exited the game and immediately went to the locker room because he was "ill".

staylor26
10-14-2022, 02:45 PM
We don't know 100% for certain what is was but the sideline reporter said he exited the game and immediately went to the locker room because he was "ill".

He basically confirmed it:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That clinch walk wouldn’t have made it �� <a href="https://t.co/tYvaWQSaa6">https://t.co/tYvaWQSaa6</a></p>&mdash; DK Metcalf (@dkm14) <a href="https://twitter.com/dkm14/status/1576696864165883906?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 2, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ToxSocks
10-14-2022, 02:54 PM

To be fair, those were some big time batted passes. Like, SB winning batted passes.

htismaqe
10-14-2022, 02:57 PM
I didn't even notice the typo in Megatron's post until just now.

Jones had a "coupe" of batted passes.

If Jones is the coupe, is Frank the little deuce?

JPH83
10-14-2022, 03:01 PM
Chris Jones is the second-best DT in the league, and has been for a few years now. And that's a fact, not just statistically, but it's the unanimous opinion of every player, coach, NFL analyst for several years running.

For the sake of comparison, Aaron Donald (the only DT ranked higher than CJ) has not only produced statistically in the playoffs, with 6 sacks in four playoff appearances, 31 tackles, 10 TFLs, and 17 QB hits. Further, Aaron has produced in the biggest moments; he's actually closed big games, like that sack in the SB last season. That's clutch.

CJ is the best DT not named Aaron D., but somehow, even with having played more playoff games, Chris has zero sacks, just 22 tckles, 2 TFLs, just 4 QB hits, and 10 PDs. Chris needs to do better in January/february, period.

My point is as much that Clark has been a flaming dumpster fire who has repeatedly had no business being on the field. The same cannot be said of CJ. If the legacy of their time here is people saying "I liked CJ but he never had the impact Clark had" then I will find that incredibly odd.

Megatron96
10-14-2022, 03:05 PM
My point is as much that Clark has been a flaming dumpster fire who has repeatedly had no business being on the field. The same cannot be said of CJ. If the legacy of their time here is people saying "I liked CJ but he never had the impact Clark had" then I will find that incredibly odd.

Frank Clark playoff stats over 10 playoff starts:

1 PD, 1 FF, 1 FR, 11 SACKS, 33 TCKL, 13 TFL, 16 QB HITS

Just with the Chiefs (playoffs):

8 sacks, 1 FR, 25 TCKL, 11 TFL, 10 QB HITS

Just the facts.

Megatron96
10-14-2022, 03:06 PM
I didn't even notice the typo in Megatron's post until just now.

Jones had a "coupe" of batted passes.

If Jones is the coupe, is Frank the little deuce?

haha, yep, that's what it means!

dlphg9
10-14-2022, 03:31 PM

I can't believe I have to keep doing this. I keep having to see how people act like Frank Clark was a big reason why we won the Super Bowl and then there are people that want to act like Chris Jones hasn't had an impact in the playoffs.

The actual truth is that any JAG could have done what Frank did and Chris Jones was immensely more important than Frank Clark the Shart. He just doesn't have the sacks and people want to dog on him for that. His 3 passes that he batted down were instrumental in our win and then the sack that everyone wants to suck Frank's dick for only happened because Chris Jones is an absolute beast.

Don't believe me? Just watch.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/25c06bb0556c4449971a4aec301b1f53/ce8c8f3f3a60e738-74/s500x750/c70c78af69962a6e44275ca89b5185b39f49ac00.gifv

Frank gets absolutely stonewalled, big God damn surprise, but luckily for him and us Chris Jones destroys Frank's guy while dealing with his own blocker.

Just waiting for the usuals to come in here and tell me what an idiot I am as a rebuttal, but not actually tell me why I'm wrong.

dlphg9
10-14-2022, 03:49 PM

Just the facts.

I know what the stats are, but it 100% does not match the eye test. I will compliment Frank with this though, he kept going and played with a high motor, because if he didn't, then he probably has one sack in the post season. His sacks were coverage sacks or a whiffed block. He had maybe one sack in which he just beat the guy in front of him and made a play.

You watch Chris Jones and that dude just beats the shit out of the dude in front of him and sometimes it's him beating the shit out of a double team. He looks like a dominant force and I could only imagine how many sacks he'd rack up if we had even an average outside pass rush.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2022, 03:58 PM

https://64.media.tumblr.com/25c06bb0556c4449971a4aec301b1f53/ce8c8f3f3a60e738-74/s500x750/c70c78af69962a6e44275ca89b5185b39f49ac00.gifv

Jones was EASILY the best player on our defense in the SB. Like, not even close.

Jesus, look at him just dog-walk a double team like that.

Guy's a truly remarkable player. But then again, you have to consider who's calling him out at the moment.

Wallcrawler is very probably the dumbest dude on this board.

PAChiefsGuy
10-14-2022, 04:16 PM
I understand that you guys hate Clark with a passion, but he was legitimately having a very good game and that shouldn't be all that difficult to admit.

Point to the lack of availability, but you don't have to pretend he wasn't playing well.

We are all rooting for him. But at the end of the day, he got hurt, and this is starting to become a reoccurring problem.

So you can try and act like he had some type of great game but he didn't. He wasn't even on the field at key moments during the game. He is making a ton of money and Chiefs gave up a 1st and 2nd for him. He doesn't get a pass like some 7th round draft pick would.

dlphg9
10-14-2022, 04:28 PM
Jones was EASILY the best player on our defense in the SB. Like, not even close.

Jesus, look at him just dog-walk a double team like that.

Guy's a truly remarkable player. But then again, you have to consider who's calling him out at the moment.

Wallcrawler is very probably the dumbest dude on this board.

He just continues to double down with his hatred of Jones. He was such a dipshit about us signing him long term and when we did he looked like a fucking idiot, so now he talks shit about how he hasn't lived up to his contract (when he absolutely has) and then I own him and make him look like a dumb bitch.

He pops in every once in awhile to post some stupid shit about Jones or to talk shit about Andy Reid. He just can't get past the fact that he was wrong about Jones and Reid, but instead of slinking away and not mentioning it he just continues saying stupid shit and looks stupider and stupider.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2022, 04:38 PM
We are all rooting for him. But at the end of the day, he got hurt, and this is starting to become a reoccurring problem.

So you can try and act like he had some type of great game but he didn't. He wasn't even on the field at key moments during the game. He is making a ton of money and Chiefs gave up a 1st and 2nd for him. He doesn't get a pass like some 7th round draft pick would.

I'm rooting for him in the same way I rooted for Bob Sutton.

His success would be good but if it means we end up prolonging this failed experiment, I'd rather he just suck.

Sometimes you need a good forest fire to clear the undergrowth.

staylor26
10-14-2022, 04:40 PM

I literally said "point to the availability".

And I didn't say he had "some type of great game", I said he was playing very well, which he objectively was.

Megatron96
10-14-2022, 05:31 PM
I can't believe I have to keep doing this. I keep having to see how people act like Frank Clark was a big reason why we won the Super Bowl and then there are people that want to act like Chris Jones hasn't had an impact in the playoffs.

The actual truth is that any JAG could have done what Frank did and Chris Jones was immensely more important than Frank Clark the Shart. He just doesn't have the sacks and people want to dog on him for that. His 3 passes that he batted down were instrumental in our win and then the sack that everyone wants to suck Frank's dick for only happened because Chris Jones is an absolute beast.

Frank gets absolutely stonewalled, big God damn surprise, but luckily for him and us Chris Jones destroys Frank's guy while dealing with his own blocker.

Just waiting for the usuals to come in here and tell me what an idiot I am as a rebuttal, but not actually tell me why I'm wrong.

Okay, so my question then would be, if any JAG could do what Frank did in the playoffs, then quite simply, Why Didn't They? Because no one else seemed capable of stepping up, not one of our JAGs was able to anything close to what FC did.

I mean, more importantly, why didn't Chris Jones, but whatever, he was being doubled, i get it, except Aaron Donald was getting doubled, even triple teamed in the playoffs, and he still found a way to get pressure, hit the QB, get TFLs, and yes, get sacks. Now, I'll be among the first to say that CJ isn't AD, because AD is a freak. But I'm still waiting to hear why CJ couldn't at least do just half of what AD has done.

And I'm not bagging on CJ; I love the guy. But pointing out a play where he pushes a couple guys back a few yards, while physically that's amazing, didn't do much of anything.

Besides, there's no consistency to this shit. You're more than happy to point out this play and others as proof that CJ did something impactful that doesn't show up in the stats. And, in principle, I'm good with that.

But there's no consistency.

When Frank does something that impacts the play, but doesn't show up in a stat line, it's "there's no stat, so Frank sucks."

Excuse me? If we have to take into account CJ's non-stat worthy plays, then don't we have to for everyone else? Even guys we may not like as much?

Yes? No? Maybe? Obviously, you lean towards either 'no,' or 'maybe,' but only if it's CJ. Anyone else on defense, and most particularly Frank Cark, can go fuck themselves, I guess. Only Chris Jones is worthy of "hidden" defensive accomplishments.

Which would be fine, if he'd just put up some actual defensive stats as well.

Titty Meat
10-14-2022, 06:40 PM

Just the facts.

That's cool and all but he's got a pretty bad stomach condition that sounds like is getting worse not better. I wish him the best but this is kind of unique for a football player

Megatron96
10-14-2022, 06:53 PM
That's cool and all but he's got a pretty bad stomach condition that sounds like is getting worse not better. I wish him the best but this is kind of unique for a football player

Tbh, I don't care anymore if it really is a stomach condition. As I said last season around week 8 or whatever . . . I wasn't going to defend Frank anymore. He can be a good player when healthy, but he just hasn't been available enough. And that's carried over to this season. I hope he gets healthy at some point for himself and his family, but I've stopped hoping that he'll be a keystone for this team. Thanks for helping my Chiefs win a SB, no reservations about that, but he hasn't been that guy since that SB.

So I don't hate him, but I don't want him on the team after this season, if that makes sense.

My posts today concerning Frank have merely been to at least be objective about his time here as a Chief. Not about defending him outside of that.

End of story.

BigRedChief
10-14-2022, 07:23 PM
The dude has “stomach issues” for years but he still drank tons of alcohol all the time. Drunk all the time? He gets $55 million and still can’t stop? That’s some serious personal issues that can’t be fixed by anyone but himself.

Wallcrawler
10-14-2022, 07:33 PM
He just continues to double down with his hatred of Jones. He was such a dipshit about us signing him long term and when we did he looked like a ****ing idiot, so now he talks shit about how he hasn't lived up to his contract (when he absolutely has) and then I own him and make him look like a dumb bitch.

He pops in every once in awhile to post some stupid shit about Jones or to talk shit about Andy Reid. He just can't get past the fact that he was wrong about Jones and Reid, but instead of slinking away and not mentioning it he just continues saying stupid shit and looks stupider and stupider.

Wrong again, dilphag9.

I said we shouldn't make Jones the highest paid defender in the league, when you made that hilarious thread. You haven't owned anyone.

I also said that I was perfectly fine if the Chiefs traded Jones at the time, as were a lot of other people.

But, you can't stand any negativity about your fap material, so you take it personally and try to twist what was said. Use the quote feature next time you try to say what I said, as well as claiming to own me, I'd love to read those posts.

Chris Jones did **** all after getting paid. Disappeared in the playoffs and superbowl loss, and was a tragicomic disaster for most of last year outside of a 4 sack abuse of Dak Prescott.

As for Reid, his record in big games is what it is. I love how so many of you can't objectively face facts. You
are what your record is. 3-5 in title games, 1-2 in superbowls. Remove the name and look at the numbers, you'd say that's not great for the biggest games of your life.

Same with your hero, Mr Playoff Invisible.

And in case anyone ****ing forgot, with this little stupid **** dilphag9 claiming to own me and make me look dumb, this mother****er during OBJs extension, thought that OBJ had EVERY RIGHT to ask for top LT money. Yes, dilphag9, the poster boy for talent evaluation, folks. Arguably the biggest dumpster fire in the league at LT this year, and dilphag9 is fapping furiously, screaming PAY THE MAN!

And DJ, you can fellate a mossberg to completion. Not sure what your ****ing problem is. ****.

Titty Meat
10-14-2022, 07:39 PM
Tbh, I don't care anymore if it really is a stomach condition. As I said last season around week 8 or whatever . . . I wasn't going to defend Frank anymore. He can be a good player when healthy, but he just hasn't been available enough. And that's carried over to this season. I hope he gets healthy at some point for himself and his family, but I've stopped hoping that he'll be a keystone for this team. Thanks for helping my Chiefs win a SB, no reservations about that, but he hasn't been that guy since that SB.

So I don't hate him, but I don't want him on the team after this season, if that makes sense.

My posts today concerning Frank have merely been to at least be objective about his time here as a Chief. Not about defending him outside of that.

End of story.

I didn't want him back after last year they would have been better off eating the money and finding a replacement. This is a case of the GM falling in love with a player.

dlphg9
10-14-2022, 07:43 PM
Okay, so my question then would be, if any JAG could do what Frank did in the playoffs, then quite simply, Why Didn't They? Because no one else seemed capable of stepping up, not one of our JAGs was able to anything close to what FC did.

I mean, more importantly, why didn't Chris Jones, but whatever, he was being doubled, i get it, except Aaron Donald was getting doubled, even triple teamed in the playoffs, and he still found a way to get pressure, hit the QB, get TFLs, and yes, get sacks. Now, I'll be among the first to say that CJ isn't AD, because AD is a freak. But I'm still waiting to hear why CJ couldn't at least do just half of what AD has done.

And I'm not bagging on CJ; I love the guy. But pointing out a play where he pushes a couple guys back a few yards, while physically that's amazing, didn't do much of anything.

Besides, there's no consistency to this shit. You're more than happy to point out this play and others as proof that CJ did something impactful that doesn't show up in the stats. And, in principle, I'm good with that.

But there's no consistency.

When Frank does something that impacts the play, but doesn't show up in a stat line, it's "there's no stat, so Frank sucks."

Excuse me? If we have to take into account CJ's non-stat worthy plays, then don't we have to for everyone else? Even guys we may not like as much?

Yes? No? Maybe? Obviously, you lean towards either 'no,' or 'maybe,' but only if it's CJ. Anyone else on defense, and most particularly Frank Cark, can go **** themselves, I guess. Only Chris Jones is worthy of "hidden" defensive accomplishments.

Which would be fine, if he'd just put up some actual defensive stats as well.

Well look at Donald's stats in the playoffs before and after Von Miller. In 6 playoff games before Miller, Donald had 2.5 sacks and 2 of those sacks came in 1 game. CJ hasn't had anyone worth a shit at rushing a passer since he's become a badass. Makes it harder on an inside pass rusher when the edge guys are getting stonewalled.

Idk Clark got those sacks and other guys didn't. I'd guess it's a combo of motor and pure luck. It sure wasn't because he just kicked the guys ass across from him and anyone that actually watches those sacks can see that he was overmatched.

dlphg9
10-14-2022, 07:53 PM
Wrong again, dilphag9.

I said we shouldn't make Jones the highest paid defender in the league, when you made that hilarious thread. You haven't owned anyone.

I also said that I was perfectly fine if the Chiefs traded Jones at the time, as were a lot of other people.

But, you can't stand any negativity about your fap material, so you take it personally and try to twist what was said. Use the quote feature next time you try to say what I said, as well as claiming to own me, I'd love to read those posts.

Chris Jones did **** all after getting paid. Disappeared in the playoffs and superbowl loss, and was a tragicomic disaster for most of last year outside of a 4 sack abuse of Dak Prescott.

As for Reid, his record in big games is what it is. I love how so many of you can't objectively face facts. You
are what your record is. 3-5 in title games, 1-2 in superbowls. Remove the name and look at the numbers, you'd say that's not great for the biggest games of your life.

Same with your hero, Mr Playoff Invisible.

And in case anyone ****ing forgot, with this little stupid **** dilphag9 claiming to own me and make me look dumb, this mother****er during OBJs extension, thought that OBJ had EVERY RIGHT to ask for top LT money. Yes, dilphag9, the poster boy for talent evaluation, folks. Arguably the biggest dumpster fire in the league at LT this year, and dilphag9 is fapping furiously, screaming PAY THE MAN!

And DJ, you can fellate a mossberg to completion. Not sure what your ****ing problem is. ****.

Not arguing with your stupid ass about Jones anymore and I made it perfectly clear why OBJ deserved a contract extension. Also dumpster fire? Far from it. Your stupid ass just doesn't know what youre looking at. He's had a few bad reps, but he's been fine. He's taken a step back from last year, but I think he's hurt.

You're just dumb as shit dude.

Wallcrawler
10-15-2022, 08:19 AM
Not arguing with your stupid ass about Jones anymore and I made it perfectly clear why OBJ deserved a contract extension. Also dumpster fire? Far from it. Your stupid ass just doesn't know what youre looking at. He's had a few bad reps, but he's been fine. He's taken a step back from last year, but I think he's hurt.

You're just dumb as shit dude.

Anybody stating that OBJ, in a prove I'm worth #1 LT money year stinking up the joint against any capable pass rusher he faces has only had "a few bad reps" shouldn't be calling anyone dumb, or stating that someone doesn't know what they're looking at.

As for Chris Jones, tapout accepted. Not sure why you don't take this opportunity to "own me" as you say, but sure. Run along.

You're one of the dumbest ****s on this board, who is made an even bigger clown by how many insults you throw at other posters intelligence, when you have posted some earth shatteringly, mind numbing reeruned ****ing takes here.

So I eagerly await your next attempt to twist what I've said previously about Jones, Andy, and now OBJ to suit your deluded mental processes.

Maybe quote what I've actually posted before you post more proof of how fucking stupid you really are.

Or you know, you can just bitch up, post "herp derp ur dumb" and go run off licking your asshole for a month to get the taste of this last bite of me you tried to take out of your mouth.

Titty Meat
10-16-2022, 03:03 PM
Should be cut after that play alone. He's a whole clown

KC Hawks
10-16-2022, 03:05 PM
Looks like Clark had his latest bowel movement

Megatron96
10-16-2022, 04:13 PM
Frank's having a pretty good game so far. Let's see if he can finish it strong.

crazycoffey
10-16-2022, 04:27 PM
He got up bitching about a non holding call. WHILE the play was still going!!!! AND, if he would’ve just kept trying, he might’ve got a sack…..

Yeah. F frank clark

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2022, 05:07 PM
Frank's having a pretty good game so far. Let's see if he can finish it strong.

He's made a bunch of plays.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-16-2022, 05:10 PM
Frank is playing a great game

TEX
10-16-2022, 05:20 PM
Frank is playing a great game

Twisted called it. 👍

Fish
10-16-2022, 06:04 PM
Go watch Clark on that last Bills TD. That's what infuriates me about him. This was directly after he made a good play in the backfield.

TwistedChief
10-16-2022, 06:06 PM
Twisted called it. 👍

I don't know, man. I thought Clark definitely had his moments in this one. And had a big holding call not called.

He may or may not fucking suck but he's shown up in a positive way the last couple weeks.

Megatron96
10-16-2022, 06:07 PM
Go watch Clark on that last Bills TD. That's what infuriates me about him. This was directly after he made a good play in the backfield.

He was playing contain. It's kind of obvious. Don't know why Spags called it that way, but I haven't seen a better angle of the field to comment on the call itself, but Frank was never rushing on that snap, he was just keeping his eyes on Allen. Making sure he didn't run out to his side.

ThaVirus
10-16-2022, 06:09 PM
It's such a noticeable difference watching this dude and Von Miller.

That's what Clark is supposed to be for us and he's nothing like it.

PHOG
10-16-2022, 06:23 PM

Amen

NJChiefsFan
10-16-2022, 06:27 PM

Unfortunately we are beyond if he is living up to the contract. At this point it's basically just us hoping he can be better than he was last year.

RunKC
10-16-2022, 06:29 PM

Dude what? Von Miller is a generational player. He’s probably the best pass rusher of the last 10 years.

Frank Clark was never him and was never going to he him

KCUnited
10-16-2022, 06:40 PM
Crohn his ass

Seriously though, he definitely played better today

CasselGotPeedOn
10-16-2022, 07:03 PM

You seriously thought we'd get Von Miller type production from Clark? LMAO You need to adjust your lofty expectations.

Rain Man
10-16-2022, 07:04 PM
I'm at the point where I want Danna or Dunlap to get most of his snaps. He just dances around out there and doesn't want to have any type of contact. You can't have a defensive end who fears contact.

ThaVirus
10-16-2022, 07:07 PM
Dude what? Von Miller is a generational player. He’s probably the best pass rusher of the last 10 years.

Frank Clark was never him and was never going to he him

You seriously thought we'd get Von Miller type production from Clark? LMAO You need to adjust your lofty expectations.

He's our premier edge pass rusher who we traded high picks for and signed to a massive contract.

Uhh.. yeah, I think we should be getting a Von Milleresque presence out of him.

Not to mention the fact that Miller is 33, well past his prime. Dude isn't even playing entire games at this point. Meanwhile, Clark is in his prime, tanking a shit ton of our cap space so he can have 1 TFL and we say "wow, he actually played pretty well today!"

ThaVirus
10-16-2022, 07:08 PM
I didn't think we would, for the record.

Anyone who's watched this turd suit up for the last two years knows better lol

Rain Man
10-16-2022, 07:08 PM

In his three years prior to coming to Kansas City, he averaged 10.7 sacks per year for the Seahawks. During those same three years (2016 through 2018), Von Miller averaged 12.7. So the comparison in terms of pass rushing expectations isn't that far off.

CasselGotPeedOn
10-16-2022, 07:11 PM
Von Miller is a HOF'er. If you expected Frank Clark to match that type of production, that's on you. And that's not even me defending the guy, I think he's been mostly shit since he's been here. I'm pretty sure even DJLN would agree....

Megatron96
10-16-2022, 07:11 PM
I'm at the point where I want Danna or Dunlap to get most of his snaps. He just dances around out there and doesn't want to have any type of contact. You can't have a defensive end who fears contact.

No, just no. Danna allowed a couple runs go right by him, didn't even see one of them; the Rb was 5 yards past him while he was still trying to rush the passer. Danna's good in spots, but Frank had a far better day today.

Megatron96
10-16-2022, 07:14 PM
In his three years prior to coming to Kansas City, he averaged 10.7 sacks per year for the Seahawks. During those same three years (2016 through 2018), Von Miller averaged 12.7. So the comparison in terms of pass rushing expectations isn't that far off.

Um, have you seen both of these guys play? Because no one that's watched Von Miller play for the last ten years or whatever, vs. Frank, well there's no comparison, and I don't care what the stats say. Von was an elite pass-rusher, probably a HOFer, while frank is just a solid DE with a multiple faceted skillset.

They aren't the same thing.

ThaVirus
10-16-2022, 07:15 PM

We can tell

Megatron96
10-16-2022, 07:17 PM
We can tell

Well good. Then you dipsticks can stop trying to compare them as if they were the same guy.

CasselGotPeedOn
10-16-2022, 07:18 PM
We can tell

Then why were you expecting him to be our Von Miller?

Rain Man
10-16-2022, 07:21 PM
Um, have you seen both of these guys play? Because no one that's watched Von Miller play for the last ten years or whatever, vs. Frank, well there's no comparison, and I don't care what the stats say. Von was an elite pass-rusher, probably a HOFer, while frank is just a solid DE with a multiple faceted skillset.

Honestly, I didn't watch him that much in Seattle before he came here. Seattle is irrelevant to my life. But maybe we should watch to see what changed because he was much more productive there. I wonder if he was used differently.

DRM08
10-16-2022, 07:26 PM
Honestly, I didn't watch him that much in Seattle before he came here. Seattle is irrelevant to my life. But maybe we should watch to see what changed because he was much more productive there. I wonder if he was used differently.

Pete Carroll is a defensive coach but was pretty glad to dump Clark instead of paying him big money. KC front office got fleeced by old Pete.

threebag
10-16-2022, 07:31 PM
Frank stands around
Frank get swallowed inside
Frank doesn’t set shit on the edge
Frank looks lost
Frank is awful
Frank sucks dick

ThaVirus
10-16-2022, 07:31 PM
Well good. Then you dipsticks can stop trying to compare them as if they were the same guy.

I'm not, but the impact the Bills got from Miller tonight, we should be getting from Clark.

Last time we got that sort of impact from this dude was the AFCCG against the Titans. January of 2020. Nearly three calendar fucking years ago.

Then why were you expecting him to be our Von Miller?

Because we gave up a 1st and 2nd round pick for him.. And then gave him a max contract.. And he's still in his prime.. And he just took a massive paycut and is still taking up $14m in cap space this year..

I think that about covers it.

Do you think teams often trade away a 1st and 2nd round pick to get a below average pass rushing end?

lewdog
10-16-2022, 07:36 PM
He only plays well when he can get off the line quickly.

He did that well today for the first time in two years.

Megatron96
10-16-2022, 07:42 PM

He had more help in SEA also. But think he was also healthier for longer stretches.

But he was never a pure pass rusher like Von. Not nearly that kind of athlete.

But he could rush the passer better than a lot of EDGEs.

And he could defend the run.

And he could drop into coverage on most TEs.

His value has always been about all the things he could do at a fairly high level. Not that he was some elite pass-rusher. Even in SEA he was never that.

The retards on CP that keep wanting him to be that, are, well, retarded.

CasselGotPeedOn
10-16-2022, 07:43 PM
Because we gave up a 1st and 2nd round pick for him.. And then gave him a max contract.. And he's still in his prime.. And he just took a massive paycut and is still taking up $14m in cap space this year..

I think that about covers it.

Do you think teams often trade away a 1st and 2nd round pick to get a below average pass rushing end?

I'm not even really disagreeing with you that we should've gotten and expected more from Clark. We absolutely should have. I'm just saying no one should have ever expected to get HOF type of production.

Megatron96
10-16-2022, 07:46 PM
I'm not even really disagreeing with you that we should've gotten and expected more from Clark. We absolutely should have. I'm just saying no one should have ever expected to get HOF type of production.

This is it. Yeah, we should'[ve gotten more production from him in his time here.

But he was never going to be VM. Trying to put Frank in that box is just idiotic.

ThaVirus
10-16-2022, 07:48 PM

People are misinterpreting what I said.

I said "that's WHAT Clark is supposed to be for us". Meaning the impact Miller had tonight, is what we should be getting from Clark.

We are not getting that. If the dude has one hurry and a TFL in an entire 60 minutes, we say "alright, well, he looked better this week!"

That's bullshit. Clark sucks and I don't wanna hear shit else. If I come in this thread and say he sucks, I want you all to just fucking agree. Because we know it's true.

ThaVirus
10-16-2022, 07:50 PM
Claiming we gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder with a $100m contract for a pass rusher to come in here and set the edge and cover TEs is idiotic lol

CasselGotPeedOn
10-16-2022, 07:52 PM

I said "that's WHAT Clark is supposed to be for us". Meaning the impact Miller had tonight, is what we should be getting from Clark.

We are not getting that. If the dude has one hurry and a TFL in an entire 60 minutes, we say "alright, well, he looked better this week!"

That's bullshit. Clark sucks and I don't wanna hear shit else. If I come in this thread and say he sucks, I want you all to just ****ing agree. Because we know it's true.

No, you're absolutely right, and I look forward to the day he's no longer a Chief. But I also think he looked pretty good today. Maybe that's just my own low expectations for him, but he looked better than he has in quite some time today.

Megatron96
10-16-2022, 07:54 PM

That's bullshit. Clark sucks and I don't wanna hear shit else. If I come in this thread and say he sucks, I want you all to just fucking agree. Because we know it's true.

Um. no. he also had a couple other tackles, including one that stopped Singletary for zero yards, defended a pass to a TE that resulted in an INC, and got several pressures, including the one that 23(?) ran into him on that he probably would've gotten a sack on.

Frank had a good game by anyone with eyes could see. Frank didn't cost us the game by any stretch. I don't think he even got flagged today.

You want to be upset at a DE, be upset at the other side when they allowed runs behind them (Danna at least once) and passes/screens in the flat that went for chunks of yards.

DRM08
10-16-2022, 07:56 PM
No, you're absolutely right, and I look forward to the day he's no longer a Chief. But I also think he looked pretty good today. Maybe that's just my own low expectations for him, but he looked better than he has in quite some time today.

He looked “good” for a 5th round draft pick on a cheap contract, but we know he’s an expensive player who also cost KC some extra draft picks on top of killing their salary cap the last few years. Horrible trade on the KC side of it.

Pete Carroll is a genius for what he did in the Frank Clark & Russ Wilson trades. Also think Pete was not given enough credit for Russell’s past success. The run game helped protect Russell from mistakes in the passing game.

RunKC
10-23-2022, 06:46 PM
1.5 sacks
1 TFL
2 QB hits
Drew a holding penalty

There are posters in this very thread who said a rookie could do what he does.

Good times

Munson
10-23-2022, 06:52 PM
This one play is the fastest he's looked since his epic post season run that led to a Super Bowl victory.

And he did it against a great left tackle.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Let&#39;s add on 2 more, shall we?!<br><br>��: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KCvsSF?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KCvsSF</a> on FOX <a href="https://t.co/sHoB2r081B">pic.twitter.com/sHoB2r081B</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1584320154434879488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tyecopeland
10-23-2022, 07:28 PM
At this point, if we get eight sacks from him, it will feel like we won the lottery.

Well he's got 3 now. On pace for 7.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2022, 07:30 PM

frank will bring home the second lombardi and twistedchief will be telling me to pound sand all offseason

Megatron96
10-23-2022, 07:32 PM

Sacks usually come in spurts, for any DE/OLB. And looking at the schedule, he could easily have 4 more sacks just over the next 5 games. Or he could have 8 more before thanksgiving.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2022, 07:33 PM
Need this from him

smithandrew051
10-23-2022, 07:40 PM
I think he pooped BEFORE the game this week. It helped. Good stuff.

Red Dawg
10-23-2022, 07:42 PM
He was energized today and it showed.

Tribal Warfare
10-23-2022, 07:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheRealFrankC_</a> has a message for the Kingdom! 🗣 <a href="https://t.co/ovbc06kZqe">pic.twitter.com/ovbc06kZqe</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1584330047451643904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chris Meck
10-23-2022, 07:48 PM
I really think it's just a health thing with Clark.

Be it Crohns or whatever is going on with him, sometimes he just looks lethargic and weak. And then sometimes, like today, he looks fast and is a difference maker.

He's just sick as often as not, and probably weak for awhile even after the symptoms subside.

TwistedChief
10-23-2022, 07:48 PM
frank will bring home the second lombardi and twistedchief will be telling me to pound sand all offseason

I just started a thread with some optimism because I was impressed the dude took some ownership for his failures and missteps. That's commendable.

I'm not sure that I ever had any expectation that the guy would perform but it's a lot more fun to be positive than negative.

Pitt Gorilla
10-23-2022, 07:53 PM

Be it Crohns or whatever is going on with him, sometimes he just looks lethargic and weak. And then sometimes, like today, he looks fast and is a difference maker.

He's just sick as often as not, and probably weak for awhile even after the symptoms subside.

I think we've known that for quite some time now.

RealSNR
10-23-2022, 07:57 PM
Have a good SEASON, Frank.

Not a good 5-game stretch or whatever the fuck it is you do. We need a SEASON out of you.

You had a nice game. Cool. Do it again.

And I'm still looking forward to your ass getting cut at the end of the year.

Marcellus
10-23-2022, 08:26 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In Frank Clark fashion: tells it like it is after the win. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/LSzvh09Ozp">pic.twitter.com/LSzvh09Ozp</a></p>&mdash; Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) <a href="https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1584340960057511936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 24, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Raiderhater
10-23-2022, 09:17 PM

That’s all well and good, and I definitely like that better than the idea of him just cruising on a hefty contract but, it’s not an excuse for him to be taking up a roster spot and cap space.

Womble
06-08-2023, 03:03 PM
This thread need a bump. He's getting nowhere near the post season now so he's going to fucking suck.

lewdog
06-08-2023, 06:26 PM
Fuck that Donkey trash!!!!

dlphg9
06-08-2023, 06:49 PM
This thread need a bump. He's getting nowhere near the post season now so he's going to ****ing suck.

He was merely average in the playoffs. Played as hard as he could and lucked into a few sacks. He should give his teammates a bunch of money for allowing him to do anything.

Dunerdr
06-09-2023, 11:37 AM
I bet we didnt even extend an offer.

JPH83
06-09-2023, 01:11 PM
He was grossly overrated and overpaid and a sh***y, lazy player. Addition by subtraction and I can't think of a better scenario than him eating up Donk cap. Lovely.

redfan
06-09-2023, 01:14 PM
Back to he “fucking sucks”.

Megatron96
06-10-2023, 11:04 AM
Thanks Frank. Best of luck in the future. Except when you're playing the Chiefs, of course.

<iframe width="643" height="354" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qc75lCmXOH0" title="Frank Clark highlights" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dlphg9
06-11-2023, 11:52 PM
I bet we didnt even extend an offer.

They didn't offer him a deal, because they "didn't want to disrespect him."

MIAdragon
06-12-2023, 04:57 AM
Back to he “fucking sucks”.

He never left……

RunKC
08-22-2023, 11:37 AM
Let's check in on our old pal. Oof

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark on when was last time he played 4th Q of a preseason game? “I don’t know. A long time ago.”<br>What did he think about playing so late? “That’s not a question for me to answer. That’s something you’ve got to ask our coaches about.” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/9sports?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#9sports</a></p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@mikeklis) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1693118701560897868?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 20, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
08-22-2023, 11:38 AM
He should've just retired.

RealSNR
08-22-2023, 11:40 AM
I predict there are going to be some really terrible cases of stomach flu floating around the Denver region this season.

JPH83
08-22-2023, 11:47 AM
I absolutely hated watching him dial it in for 95% of his snaps, but as soon as we flushed that over-hyped turd i was content to let it go. Fact he's costing the Donks cap is a real cherry on top.

RunKC
08-22-2023, 12:14 PM
He should've just retired.

Now way man! $5.5 million guaranteed? He's just stacking it up and he gets Januarys off!

Bowser
08-22-2023, 03:55 PM
Now way man! $5.5 million guaranteed? He's just stacking it up and he gets Januarys off!

If Von Miller is no longer around to buy 5 million in Uzis while in Denver, who else would you prefer to do it?

/Rain Man

DJ's left nut
08-22-2023, 03:57 PM
BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Fuck that fucking guy.

TwistedChief
08-22-2023, 04:12 PM
Fire up the thread:

Frank Clark fucking sucks again.

PHOG
08-22-2023, 04:17 PM
I blame Frank fucking Clark for CJ95's holdout.

Coochie liquor
08-22-2023, 08:31 PM
I blame Frank fucking Clark for CJ95's holdout.

Musta been one helluva disgusting bromance…

smithandrew051
08-22-2023, 08:38 PM
Now that he’s not a Chief he fucking sucks

MagicHef
08-23-2023, 11:14 AM
I absolutely hated watching him dial it in for 95% of his snaps, but as soon as we flushed that over-hyped turd i was content to let it go. Fact he's costing the Donks cap is a real cherry on top.

He counts $2.3m against Denver's cap, and $7.5m against KC's cap this year.

Skyy God
08-23-2023, 11:36 AM

Or $3.7M per Super Bowl ring.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2023, 03:48 PM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Broncos S Justin Simmons has been ruled OUT for Sunday’s game vs. Dolphins. OLB Frank Clark is OUT too. <br><br>Huge loss for Denver’s D, particularly Simmons, as they try to slow down Tua, Tyreek Hill, possibly Jaylen Waddle and Dolphins No.1 ranked offense.</p>&mdash; Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) <a href="https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1705316703503077515?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FlaChief58
09-22-2023, 04:00 PM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Broncos S Justin Simmons has been ruled OUT for Sunday’s game vs. Dolphins. OLB Frank Clark is OUT too. <br><br>Huge loss for Denver’s D, particularly Simmons, as they try to slow down Tua, Tyreek Hill, possibly Jaylen Waddle and Dolphins No.1 ranked offense.</p>&mdash; Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) <a href="https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1705316703503077515?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

72-15

BryanBusby
09-22-2023, 04:10 PM
They are going to get Dolphin fisted

FloridaMan88
09-22-2023, 04:11 PM
We’ve been cheated out of watching Frank Clark try to chase down Tyreek on a reverse.

DJ's left nut
09-22-2023, 04:12 PM

If paying him $7.5 million got him to the Broncos roster, that's money well spent.

Y'all have fun with that guy.

Nobody sets the edge like The Shart.

Womble
09-22-2023, 05:59 PM
Can we sign him for 3 games in January/February?

Hammock Parties
09-22-2023, 06:01 PM

Nah. We're about to birth "Postseason George."

smithandrew051
09-22-2023, 06:07 PM
72-15

Tater is not putting up 15

Pasta Little Brioni
09-22-2023, 10:16 PM
Couldn't make the Chiefs yet a key role guy in pile high ROFL

TambaBerry
09-22-2023, 11:12 PM
Aaron Rodgers is going to get some good rehab this week

FlaChief58
09-23-2023, 09:08 AM
Tater is not putting up 15

72 is for the '72 fins

15 is for 15 game losing streak

I thought it was good

RealSNR
09-23-2023, 10:53 AM

Fuck you

BWillie
09-23-2023, 11:19 AM

That's actually a pretty good idea. Frank Clark can't lay off the sauce for more than a week so he shits out his stomach in the regular season. He can make sure he's healthy for a month or two stint in the playoffs though when it matters.

Bowser
09-23-2023, 11:49 AM
LMAO

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.b4583052129c1126d6dc33ba830ee304?rik=NWkYG5Uw5sr1yw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.quickmeme.com%2fimg%2f71%2f711554a0ca6f88ad93d926538d1e1bf10014e3770a23b16c20e7 8abae6cbc0c9.jpg&ehk=GooAyAvg9hT3voEEa3MMOXlZ2OPDxvx7WDYjOz8gRL0%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

smithandrew051
09-23-2023, 12:45 PM
72 is for the '72 fins

15 is for 15 game losing streak

I thought it was good

Okay never mind. That was epic.

jjchieffan
09-23-2023, 09:13 PM
Ill

jjchieffan
09-23-2023, 09:14 PM
I'll be shocked if the cheating Donks keep this one within 2 touchdowns at the end. Final score will probably be in the range of 35-18

jamison69
09-23-2023, 09:49 PM
Frank Clark sucks. Jones is better at everything.

smithandrew051
09-24-2023, 02:15 PM
72-15

Pretty damn close

jjchieffan
09-24-2023, 04:00 PM
Man, I didn't think that it would be that much of a blowout. I was close on the Donks with my 18 prediction, but I missed the Dolphins score by a mile. Man that defense sucks.