PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42

Mosbonian
02-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Your problem is with WWE, not Punk. They don't want him to play a Stone Cold like tweener.

You know what, take crowd reactions out of the picture entirely. That there are smarks who will cheer Punk regardless doesn't mean he's not playing the WWE heel style (i.e., a coward) to near perfection. Moreover, the crowds are idiots. Look at how much they cheer guys like Sheamus and Cena (well, the half of the crowd that is passionately pro-Cena), who often do not act like good guys. They will beat people up from behind. Sheamus is frequently racist, and Cena is a misogynist (just like The Rock), but they get cheered.

There's no question my problem is with the WWE, not Punk. I just hate that he has turned into a corporate puppet to some extent.

I also hate that they have used Cena so crappily over the years that he is just wasted now. By now Cena should have had 2 heel turns and been back to a good guy. I might not find him so annoying if he had.

And The Rock...well, let's not even go there.

Mosbonian
02-19-2013, 05:34 PM
What makes me even more reticent is that The Shield will probably turn out to be nothing more than The Nexus revisited and I'll start to get bored with it too.

And if they don't teach Ryback at least 2 more words to add to his vocabulary he will get more boring that he already is.

keg in kc
02-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Jack Swagger may literally be the dumbest man alive:TMZ.com reported that Jake Hager aka Jack Swagger, was arrested last night after the TV tapings in Biloxi and charged with speeding, a DUI and possession of marijuana.

Sassy Squatch
02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
He IS a real american.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Jack Swagger may literally be the dumbest man alive:

The best thing that will come from this is that it will force the WWE's hackneyed creative team from trying to write an angle with a racist heel and minority face champion.

That had disaster written all over it.

keg in kc
02-20-2013, 08:17 PM
The best thing that will come from this is that it will force the WWE's hackneyed creative team from trying to write an angle with a racist heel and minority face champion.

That had disaster written all over it.It also had Vince McMahon written all over it. Creative isn't going to change anything. Maybe it will die the painful death it deserves anyway.

Sassy Squatch
02-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Wonder who will replace him in the WHC match

keg in kc
02-20-2013, 08:48 PM
No idea. I'd like it to be Ziggler. He's long past overdue as far as deserving to win, and I think he could become a major face if they turn him. But del rio is a face, so that won't happen there, albeit he's a face that isn't really getting over.

Maybe turn Jericho, but he's off tv for a few weeks I think, to tour with his band or something.

It's not like they have a lot to choose from.

Mark Henry?

NJChiefsFan
02-20-2013, 09:10 PM
No idea. I'd like it to be Ziggler. He's long past overdue as far as deserving to win, and I think he could become a major face if they turn him. But del rio is a face, so that won't happen there, albeit he's a face that isn't really getting over.

Maybe turn Jericho, but he's off tv for a few weeks I think, to tour with his band or something.

Mark Henry?

You would assume, then again who knows with them, that they have plans set for a guy with the Money in the Bank. Either way, I really like the guy and hope to see him get his push.

Mosbonian
02-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Mark Henry?

Please no!!!!!! He's the only guy on the roster who could make me want to root for John Cena.

Sassy Squatch
02-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Turn Orton or Ryback if you have to. They need another legitimate main event heel badly. Jericho really isnt worth it because he will be gone after Mania anyway. Should be Rhodes Sandow or Barrett but this shitty booking keeps them in upper midcard hell.

Edit: I believe once Ziggler cashes in it will bump him up to ME status, provided he actually keeps the strap for an extended time.

Chiefs=Champions
02-20-2013, 09:33 PM

Mark Henry?

This. Really should have been ziggler y2j

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-22-2013, 09:03 PM
I mark out a little bit to Swagger's entrance music. I like its cheesy epic-ness.

NJChiefsFan
02-22-2013, 09:27 PM
I mark out a little bit to Swagger's entrance music. I like its cheesy epic-ness.

I like it too.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-22-2013, 10:36 PM
This is actually amazing:

Swagger and Coulter address Glenn Beck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u9_RcD6WMmM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u9_RcD6WMmM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
02-22-2013, 10:51 PM
What's amazing is that it was posted today. So I guess there's minimal consequences for Swagger's run-in with the law.

keg in kc
02-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Breaking the fourth wall like that's pretty neat though, gotta say.

Captain Obvious
02-22-2013, 11:33 PM
Breaking the fourth wall like that's pretty neat though, gotta say.

What a great publicity move.

58kcfan89
02-23-2013, 02:17 AM
This is actually amazing:

Swagger and Coulter address Glenn Beck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u9_RcD6WMmM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u9_RcD6WMmM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kinda cool to see them go from in-character to shooting, then back to character so quickly. But if I had to guess-based on my experiences at wrestling shows in the area-the average wrestling fan is pretty close to what I would consider stupid....

And I had to pause at his "we don't depict murder or rape" line. Katie Vick? Vince's limo explosion/his fake death? I guess we're not supposed to remember them since they happened before the PG Era, but still...

keg in kc
02-24-2013, 01:10 AM
Guess who returned tonight:

http://www.tout.com/m/6j4q43

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-24-2013, 02:07 AM
Guess who returned tonight:

http://www.tout.com/m/6j4q43

This disappoints me because it all-but-guarantees that the card will be the much predicted

Rock-Cena II

with Rocky eating the pin

Punk-Taker

with Punk jobbing

Lesnar-Triple Haitch

ADR-Swagger will probably jerk the curtain

NJChiefsFan
02-24-2013, 02:10 AM
This disappoints me because it all-but-guarantees that the card will be the much predicted

Rock-Cena II

with Rocky eating the pin

Punk-Taker

with Punk jobbing

Lesnar-Triple Haitch

ADR-Swagger will probably jerk the curtain

It does seem to be an obvious card. Still, I would rather see Taker than not. TBH though that has a lot to do with me being there. If Punk was somehow in the Main Event you are still looking at a Cena win. Still not sure what they are doing with the rest of the guys.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-24-2013, 02:14 AM
It does seem to be an obvious card. Still, I would rather see Taker than not. TBH though that has a lot to do with me being there. If Punk was somehow in the Main Event you are still looking at a Cena win. Still not sure what they are doing with the rest of the guys.

Yeah. I guess they throw Orton in with Sheamus and Ryback to face The Shield (although all three of the former should probably turn heel.

What do you do with Henry, who has actually been pretty entertaining?

What about Jericho? Ziggler?

I assume they'll throw most of the also rans in a battle royal dark match.

They haven't really built much of a card at all.

Chiefs=Champions
02-24-2013, 02:15 AM

Yer i would probably rather see taker punk then punk be wasted in a predictable john cena win. You never know, maybe this will be takers last match and hell lose to punk...?

Chiefs=Champions
02-24-2013, 02:17 AM
Yeah. I guess they throw Orton in with Sheamus and Ryback to face The Shield (although all three of the former should probably turn heel.

Id like to see them bring in some sort of ladder match like they used to do..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/txMBdhFoJtA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NJChiefsFan
02-24-2013, 02:18 AM

I still think it's stupid they don't open with a TLC match. I loved that about Mania. What they do with Ziggler is one of the things I am most interested in. Don't forget about Kane and Bryan. I would like to see Jericho vs. either Ziggler or Bryan. It also does seem like Henry is building for something.

Throwing Orton, Sheamus, and Ryback in a 6 man tag seems like such a waste and lazy. I would prefer(if they were demanding a big tag) that it be Sheamus and Ryback vs. the Shield with a stipulation on the line. As you mention, one of the 3 faces should turn heal. Orton is rotting right now. I was thinking they might turn Ryback heal to fight Sheamus during the one segment on Raw.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-24-2013, 02:20 AM
The Streak is so mythic now that it's actually counterproductive. The audience will never actually expect Taker to be in danger at a false finish, so the dramatic potential is neutered. Furthermore, if anyone were actually to end the streak, they'd probably face more fan resentment and backlash than actual rub.

NJChiefsFan
02-24-2013, 02:23 AM
The Streak is so mythic now that it's actually counterproductive. The audience will never actually expect Taker to be in danger at a false finish, so the dramatic potential is neutered. Furthermore, if anyone were actually to end the streak, they'd probably face more fan resentment and backlash than actual rub.

I agree. I think at this point the matches are more a swan song for Taker more than bringing entertainment about him possibly losing.

big nasty kcnut
02-24-2013, 02:24 AM
Somewhere in america teddy long happy because he can say the following. Now hold on playa tonight you're going to go one on one with the undertaker.

Chiefs=Champions
02-24-2013, 02:28 AM

I think punk is the perfect candidate though. Especially if Taker isnt planning on wrestling again next year. they could build it up as his last ever match and thus leave an opening for him to lose.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-24-2013, 02:29 AM
I agree. I think at this point the matches are more a swan song for Taker more than bringing entertainment about him possibly losing.

Which makes me wonder as to its purpose. He got to a round number, he's largely broken down, the last two matches of his that I saw were essentially drama-absent spotfests.

If they were going to put someone in with Taker they should do Lesnar. Another option would be Jericho, simply because he's the best worker on the roster and he has plenty of charisma to add to the match.

NJChiefsFan
02-24-2013, 02:41 AM
I think punk is the perfect candidate though. Especially if Taker isnt planning on wrestling again next year. they could build it up as his last ever match and thus leave an opening for him to lose.

Which makes me wonder as to its purpose. He got to a round number, he's largely broken down, the last two matches of his that I saw were essentially drama-absent spotfests.

If they were going to put someone in with Taker they should do Lesnar. Another option would be Jericho, simply because he's the best worker on the roster and he has plenty of charisma to add to the match.

I was thinking Lesnar a while back before the HHH stuff. I thought he was going to end it with Cena next year but that may well be Rock v Cena 3. I think at this point they are looking at Wrestlemania XXX as the round number, not his win total.

keg in kc
02-24-2013, 02:43 AM
They haven't brought HHH on camera yet since Vince's "hip injury" at Lesnar's hands, so Taker-Lesnar is not impossible. I don't think they'll go that route, I think it has to be Punk with some kind of Taker interference at the end of Raw Monday night, but anything's possible at this point.

NJChiefsFan
02-24-2013, 02:46 AM
If I had control this year and had the magic of taking the guys egos out of it and healing Austin for a match I would have done
Cena v Brock Title
Taker v Rock
Austin v Punk
Jericho v Ziggler v Bryan Title
Money In Bank
Ryback v Sheamus
Del Rio v Orton

NJChiefsFan
02-24-2013, 02:47 AM
Id like to see them bring in some sort of ladder match like they used to do..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/txMBdhFoJtA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's what I meant to say instead of TLC. They were great and guaranteed a great start to the show.

Sassy Squatch
02-24-2013, 02:49 AM
Money in the Bank needs to be on the card. Barrett, Rhodes, Sandow, Cesaro, Bryan, Kane, Kofi, R Truth, Miz, and have Christian be a surprise entrant

Sheamus vs Henry has been rumored.

Jericho vs Ryback also rumored. (Bleh)

NJChiefsFan
02-24-2013, 02:51 AM
Money in the Bank needs to be on the card. Barrett, Rhodes, Sandow, Cesaro, Bryan, Kane, Kofi, R Truth, Miz, and have Christian be a surprise entrant

Sheamus vs Henry has been rumored.

Jericho vs Ryback also rumored. (Bleh)

Great MIB card. Ditto on bleh to Jericho v Ryback. Jericho vs. either Bryan or Ziggler would be a fantastic match, even though we have seen it a few times recently.

keg in kc
02-24-2013, 02:53 AM
I wish Ryback would just go away.

Sassy Squatch
02-24-2013, 02:57 AM
Great MIB card. Ditto on bleh to Jericho v Ryback. Jericho vs. either Bryan or Ziggler would be a fantastic match, even though we have seen it a few times recently.
Id leave Henry and Sheamus alone.

Let Big Show and Ryback have a little scuffle with Ryback hitting shell shock for that holy shit moment.

Ziggler vs Jericho for Zigglers contract if Swagger is still in the title match. If not just throw Ziggler and Jericho into the WHC match with Jericho winning and Ziggler cashing in RIGHT after

NJChiefsFan
02-24-2013, 02:59 AM
Id leave Henry and Sheamus alone.

Let Big Show and Ryback have a little scuffle with Ryback hitting shell shock for that holy shit moment.

Ziggler vs Jericho for Zigglers contract if Swagger is still in the title match. If not just throw Ziggler and Jericho into the WHC match with Jericho winning and Ziggler cashing in RIGHT after

I forgot about Show.

Sassy Squatch
02-24-2013, 03:00 AM
Remember they had plans for Mysrterio and Cara last year.

BigRock
02-25-2013, 12:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/MattBK/374568_503902879657454_1791008545_n-1.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2013, 12:15 AM
I wish Ryback would just go away.

He's a third rate Goldberg, who fucking sucked in his own right.

I hate vanilla 'roid monsters.

I hated Batista, hated Goldberg, and I hate Ryback.

NJChiefsFan
02-25-2013, 12:16 AM
He's a third rate Goldberg, who ****ing sucked in his own right.

I hate vanilla 'roid monsters.

I hated Batista, hated Goldberg, and I hate Ryback.

I will say this, Batista had an awesome pyro entrance. I miss all the pyro.

mcaj22
02-25-2013, 12:16 AM
that old clown still has a shaved head

ugh

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 12:19 AM
I hated Batista until the last few months of his last run. Thought he was great as a heel right before he left.

Ryback is the special needs goldberg (i stole that from somebody somewhere).

I just wish we lived in a world where they could give Daniel Bryan a run like that. Where everything wasn't predicated on physique, and actual talent *as a wrestler* (in the ring and on the mic both) was what got guys pushed.

Won't happen as long as vince is alive. I do think (suprisingly) a lot of the pushes we've seen lately that might not have happened in the past (punk, specifically) have a lot to do with HHH. And he's clearly open to bringing in and developing indy wrestlers, so maybe the approach will change in time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2013, 12:23 AM
I realize the average fans' love of Taker. Personally, I'd love for him to go away. My feeling towards Taker probably = most smarks' views towards The Rock.

mcaj22
02-25-2013, 12:23 AM
lol poor virgil, yes thats a NYC subway

http://www.ringsidenews.com/file/pic/photo/2013/02/e33fac9048f4fc9103e1651ac4ee62c1_500.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2013, 12:26 AM
Jesus, what a depressing industry.

otherstar
02-25-2013, 08:36 AM
I hated Batista until the last few months of his last run. Thought he was great as a heel right before he left.

Ryback is the special needs goldberg (i stole that from somebody somewhere).

I just wish we lived in a world where they could give Daniel Bryan a run like that. Where everything wasn't predicated on physique, and actual talent *as a wrestler* (in the ring and on the mic both) was what got guys pushed.

Won't happen as long as vince is alive. I do think (suprisingly) a lot of the pushes we've seen lately that might not have happened in the past (punk, specifically) have a lot to do with HHH. And he's clearly open to bringing in and developing indy wrestlers, so maybe the approach will change in time.

HHH has an appreciation for the "old school wresting" and wrestling's history (e.g. he loves Harley Race and has Harley's respect), so he knows the way for the industry to survive is to value work-rate/talent over appearance.

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 07:15 PM
HUN-TOR is back. :rolleyes:

Oh, awesome, now special needs goldberg gets to squash Ziggler.

Bowser
02-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Ok, I rarely watch wrestling anymore, so why is Goldberg being thrown the "special needs" title?

Ceej
02-25-2013, 07:20 PM
What a terrible "brawl" between HHH/Lesnar.

Those "punches" looked so weak.

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Ok, I rarely watch wrestling anymore, so why is Goldberg being thrown the "special needs" title?It's not actually goldberg, it's another guy called ryback. He's just....bad.

Bowser
02-25-2013, 07:26 PM
It's not actually goldberg, it's another guy called ryback. He's just....bad.

Lol, got it.

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 07:47 PM
"I am god!"

lol

Little bit in your face, but yeah, you know what's happening tonight.

Ceej
02-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Swagger looks like Biff from Back to the Future.

big nasty kcnut
02-25-2013, 08:11 PM
he's more like puff the magic dragon.

Al Bundy
02-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Hopefully The Shield doesn't get squashed.

Ceej
02-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Get the microphones out of these guys' hands.

JFC.

Reaper16
02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Get the microphones out of these guys' hands.

JFC.

Keep the microphone in Dean Ambrose's hands, forever.

Ceej
02-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Keep the microphone in Dean Ambrose's hands, forever.

I don't follow this stuff much any more.

But, I'm assuming he was the third guy?

Reaper16
02-25-2013, 09:16 PM
I don't follow this stuff much any more.

But, I'm assuming he was the third guy?

First guy. Receding hairline. Killer mike skills.

Ceej
02-25-2013, 09:19 PM
First guy. Receding hairline. Killer mike skills.

Personally, at least tonight, I thought the third guy was the best.

Mosbonian
02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Actually the Shield/Orton/Sheamus scenario was the best thus far.

Hated the Lesnar/Hunter segment.....Punks monologue, sorry Reaper but it's getting stale to me and I realize it's the best he can do under what the WWE will let him function....and I detest the "We The People" crap.....

So....what's going to happen next? Is Punk going to lose to Cena tonight under questionable circumstances and complain about the WWE trying to stop his reign and all of a sudden the Undertaker shows up to challenge Punk?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2013, 09:33 PM
I just realized why I love Zeb Coulter and Swagger. They are a living amalgamation of the DC forum.

Captain Obvious
02-25-2013, 09:50 PM
They showed the Tout of Taker returning at a house show. I'm guessing that is a big FU to people expecting him to return tonight. And if he does return tonight, why show that Tout?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Michael Cole has been calling wrestling for fifteen years and he doesn't know the difference between an STF and a crossface :shake:

Sassy Squatch
02-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Lawl at that hurricarana

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 10:11 PM
They showed the Tout of Taker returning at a house show. I'm guessing that is a big FU to people expecting him to return tonight. And if he does return tonight, why show that Tout?Yep. That's exactly what I thought. They wouldn't show that if Taker was in the building and/or was going to be involved in the match.

Hell of a match. Better man lost, but it was never going any other way.

Welcome another year of SuperCena.

dirk digler
02-25-2013, 10:12 PM
That was a great match.

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 10:13 PM
That whateverthe****rana wasn't even the worst part of that match. Cena's facials when he had Punk in the STF were...something else.

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM
That was a great match.Yeah, I thought they did a really great job of building it so Punk's near falls were believable, even when nobody on earth thought he could possibly win.

Punk's pretty much dead now, though. He's back to being a second tier guy. Especially after he jobs to the undertaker.

Ace Gunner
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/Andre_in_the_late_'80s.jpg/220px-Andre_in_the_late_'80s.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2013, 10:15 PM
That was a hurracanrana uglier than any one I've ever seen a diva deliver.

This build just cracks me up. It's completely lacking in any form of imagination and it's as predictable as a children's cartoon.

For posterity's sake:

WM 21-29

Nine straight Wrestlemanias. Cena has wrestled for the title in every one but one, in which case he wrestled in the final match of the night.

Reaper16
02-25-2013, 10:17 PM
That match was so much better than the 'Mania main event is going to be.

I'm looking forward to a completely unhinged Punk calling out Undertaker in a moment of total hubris next week. But, yeah, I do worry about how they can bring him back into the main event picture after he loses to 'Taker. It'll be Punk's 4th straight major loss.

dirk digler
02-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I thought they did a really great job of building it so Punk's near falls were believable, even when nobody on earth thought he could possibly win.

Punk's pretty much dead now, though. He's back to being a second tier guy. Especially after he jobs to the undertaker.

I can't forsee Punk going back to second tier. He will probably win it at Wrestlemania next year

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 10:27 PM
I can't forsee Punk going back to second tier. He will probably win it at Wrestlemania next yearWell, really, he's always been a second tier guy, even when he had the title. Cena's title reign starting at mania is probably going to be months of wins like tonight. Punk's was smoke and mirrors, and he wasn't even the main event in half the PPVs (or the main event for many of the Monday night Raws). Cena was the star of the show the whole time. Although it's better now than it has been thanks to Punk's strong work over the last few months. But he's an afterthought now. He'll be in what's at best the #3 match on the card, assuming it's Undertaker (and I don't know how it isn't after all the allusions he made tonight...). The whole show is built around Cena and Rock, with HHH and Lesnar getting whatever focus is left over.

I do thought it was great how much they let Punk have in this match tonight. It does help him continue to look like a star. But, unfortunately, in the end he's just a loser.

I know they're making the right move in terms of making money and selling PPV buys, but Rock/Cena is just so ****ing boring. It was boring last year, and it's going to be worse this year.

Sassy Squatch
02-25-2013, 10:28 PM
I can't forsee Punk going back to second tier. He will probably win it at Wrestlemania next year
Probably Brock vs Rock.

Cena will end Undertakers streak. (Fuck this but w/e)

Punk vs whoever gets built up this year. Bryan may e.

dirk digler
02-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Well, really, he's always been a second tier guy, even when he had the title. Cena's title reign starting at mania is probably going to be months of wins like tonight. Punk's was smoke and mirrors, and he wasn't even the main event in half the PPVs (or the main event for many of the Monday night Raws). Cena was the star of the show the whole time. Although it's better now than it has been thanks to Punk's strong work over the last few months. But he's an afterthought now. He'll be in what's at best the #3 match on the card, assuming it's Undertaker (and I don't know how it isn't after all the allusions he made tonight...). The whole show is built around Cena and Rock, with HHH and Lesnar getting whatever focus is left over.

I know they're making the right move in terms of making money and selling PPV buys, but Rock/Cena is just so fucking boring. It was boring last year, and it's going to be worse this year.

Facing Undertaker though is a great draw and I think it will draw huge interest. Also I just think after Wrestlemania and Rock, HHH, Jericho, and Undertaker disappear the WWE doesn't have that many top level superstars outside of Cena, Punk and Sheamus. I guess that depends though on how long Brock sticks around as well.

Swanman
02-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Personally, at least tonight, I thought the third guy was the best.

Dean Ambrose is insanely good on the mic, always has been. The second guy is just the big bruiser of the group but he did his job being the super-intense monster on the mic. The third guy was Seth Rollins. When Seth first started out in ROH, he was absolutely awful on the mic. He is 5,000% better on the mic now than he was in the mid-2000's.

Ceej
02-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Like, I said - I don't follow this stuff much any more.

I flipped over during halftime of the KU game.

My opinion was the third guy sounded the best on the mic last night.

OmahaChief
02-26-2013, 08:53 AM
While Hunter is a bit old I did like the fact his segment ended with Lesnar in an old school crimson mask, had a couple chair shots and it appeared that Hunter pissed himself before the match.

I will say that when his music hits it is still pretty cool. That is great intro music.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-26-2013, 10:19 AM
While Hunter is a bit old I did like the fact his segment ended with Lesnar in an old school crimson mask, had a couple chair shots and it appeared that Hunter pissed himself before the match.

I will say that when his music hits it is still pretty cool. That is great intro music.

Someone else posted this, but it's still hilarious:

TIME TO PLAY THE STAIN!!

Mosbonian
02-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Dean Ambrose is insanely good on the mic, always has been. The second guy is just the big bruiser of the group but he did his job being the super-intense monster on the mic. The third guy was Seth Rollins. When Seth first started out in ROH, he was absolutely awful on the mic. He is 5,000% better on the mic now than he was in the mid-2000's.

After they put this group together I actually went out to YouTube to see more about each of them in their prior wrestling groups. I actually like Ambrose from a mic guy, although his wrestling skills could use some honing. Rollins, like you said, was pretty poor in his early years, but seem to get much better. I wondered why he wasn't the voice of this group until I saw Ambrose work the mic.

As for Reigns he is just the Wade Barret of the group...big, muscular and horrible on the mic. But I am sure being The Rock's cousin didn't hurt him when it came being hired.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-26-2013, 12:05 PM
From a casual watcher that used to be pretty avid, Ambrose is brilliant. Reminds me a lot of Larry Zabyszko.

Also, Cena vs Punk was an excellent match in my view. One of the best I've seen in a while, but it was obvious build up. And while I don't loathe Cena like a lot of you do, I was still pissed he got a clean pin after a match that good. Doesn't bode well for Punk who has become my favorite of all.

Mosbonian
02-26-2013, 12:19 PM
From a casual watcher that used to be pretty avid, Ambrose is brilliant. Reminds me a lot of Larry Zabyszko.

Also, Cena vs Punk was an excellent match in my view. One of the best I've seen in a while, but it was obvious build up. And while I don't loathe Cena like a lot of you do, I was still pissed he got a clean pin after a match that good. Doesn't bode well for Punk who has become my favorite of all.

The comparison of Ambrose to Zbyszko is pretty much spot on....Ambrose on the mic reminds me alot of RoadDog, great on the mic and average in the ring.

I thought the Cena vs. Punk match was good until the really poor version of the hurricarana that he tried....

NJChiefsFan
02-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Probably Brock vs Rock.

Cena will end Undertakers streak. (**** this but w/e)

Punk vs whoever gets built up this year. Bryan may e.

I don't think Cena will beat him.

Facing Undertaker though is a great draw and I think it will draw huge interest. Also I just think after Wrestlemania and Rock, HHH, Jericho, and Undertaker disappear the WWE doesn't have that many top level superstars outside of Cena, Punk and Sheamus. I guess that depends though on how long Brock sticks around as well.

The problem is that while Punk is never going to beat Taker, at least he had some momentum to sell the match a month or so ago. There were ways to get Punk out of the Rock or Cena feud and still have Punk keep some momentum. They have him end both by clean losses and now he has no momentum at all.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-26-2013, 12:38 PM
The comparison of Ambrose to Zbyszko is pretty much spot on....Ambrose on the mic reminds me alot of RoadDog, great on the mic and average in the ring.

I thought the Cena vs. Punk match was good until the really poor version of the hurricarana that he tried....

He's 27. So he's young. I cracked up at the Hurricanrana. He was tired, and it's not really in his tool box. Nice try though. Even Punk couldn't save his ass on that one, though he tried. LMAO

keg in kc
02-26-2013, 12:38 PM
You can't have Cena going into the Rock program with a questionable win. I don't like it, but that's the way it is.

I think I hate his character more now than I did a year ago. The cartoony mannerisms in particular last night really rubbed me the wrong way. I realize his target audience is 6-year old girls, but still.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-26-2013, 12:41 PM
That's really the reason I don't despise the guy. He's playing the role he has too. He's shown versatility, and ability to me. He's carried the torch well for the last few years. I see change coming though at some point.

Love Gun
02-26-2013, 12:41 PM
The Hurricana thing was abysmal.

keg in kc
02-26-2013, 12:44 PM
He has absolutely no versatility at all. He can't sell any personality but the one where he's cracking stupid jokes (and usually when he needs to be serious). And I realize you don't watch much, but he's been delivering absolutely horrendous promos lately. I'm not looking forward to 6 weeks of "yo mama" jokes between him and rock.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-26-2013, 02:36 PM
He has absolutely no versatility at all. He can't sell any personality but the one where he's cracking stupid jokes (and usually when he needs to be serious). And I realize you don't watch much, but he's been delivering absolutely horrendous promos lately. I'm not looking forward to 6 weeks of "yo mama" jokes between him and rock.

I've never seen him go heel. So I don't know about that. But I think he's come a long ways from the rapping bullshit that he was doing the last time I saw him. He's playing the classic good guy. I dunno, I'll learn more as we progress to Mania. I've been tuning in to Raw and Smackdown for the last few weeks. Watching the pay per views (not that I'd ever pay for them) and keeping track. I'll be interested to see how it plays out.

NJChiefsFan
02-26-2013, 03:51 PM
The problem is he has played that good guy role for 10 years. And he doesn't have any depth to it. He has always been bland. Kids love him though, so he really hasn't needed to change unfortunately.

keg in kc
02-26-2013, 11:09 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uYjIajo_YeA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Cena is a flat character. Most wrestling characters are flat, but when you play one without any change or alteration for nearly a decade, adults will view it as an exercise in drudgery.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-27-2013, 05:27 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uYjIajo_YeA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm just going to go ahead and say something you guys have probably been saying for years. CM Punk is an absolute super star. He is one of the very best wrestlers I have ever seen regardless of era.

No, he's not some juiced up monster, and I watched his bio. Clean living and all of that jazz. His spot he did last May or whenever it was, was hands down the most captivating promo I've ever witnessed. "Breaking the 4th wall" or whatever it was, it was just incredible.

His in ring skill is really 2nd to no one I can think of. I'll bet he and Jericho have had some epic matches. I remember the one I saw a couple of weeks ago was a fucking clinic.

This is the first time I've marked out like this on a wrestler in the better part of a decade. I'm starting to believe he is the best in the World, and maybe the best of all time. He would've killed it in the Attitude era, and he may be the only guy on the roster who you could say that about.

Sassy Squatch
02-27-2013, 07:18 AM
I'm just going to go ahead and say something you guys have probably been saying for years. CM Punk is an absolute super star. He is one of the very best wrestlers I have ever seen regardless of era.

No, he's not some juiced up monster, and I watched his bio. Clean living and all of that jazz. His spot he did last May or whenever it was, was hands down the most captivating promo I've ever witnessed. "Breaking the 4th wall" or whatever it was, it was just incredible.

His in ring skill is really 2nd to no one I can think of. I'll bet he and Jericho have had some epic matches. I remember the one I saw a couple of weeks ago was a fucking clinic.

This is the first time I've marked out like this on a wrestler in the better part of a decade. I'm starting to believe he is the best in the World, and maybe the best of all time. He would've killed it in the Attitude era, and he may be the only guy on the roster who you could say that about.
Its really too bad Samoa Joe isnt in WWE. Triple threat between Joe, CMPunk and Bryan would be one for all time if given a long enough period to work.

CoMoChief
02-27-2013, 07:28 AM
John Cena reminds me of Donnie Wahlberg

don't know why....prob because they're both douches

Chiefs=Champions
02-27-2013, 08:05 AM

His in ring skill is really 2nd to no one I can think of. I'll bet he and Jericho have had some epic matches. I remember the one I saw a couple of weeks ago was a ****ing clinic.

Yep. Cena is a mediocre wrestler at best. Yet through Punk, he was able to have one of the best matches I've seen in a long time on Raw. Seriously how Punk carried him is awe inspiring at saddening at the same time. Why on Earth the best wrestler, best on the mike and far and away the best heel isnt in the main event at wrestlemania is just sickening.

keg in kc
02-27-2013, 08:58 AM
And he's done it with hard work (he's not a natural athlete, and you can see that awkwardness sometimes, although rarely in the last couple of years), being unique (he's literally not like anybody else in WWE, which is part of his appeal) and by basically being an arrogant asshole who wouldn't let anybody tell him he wasn't the best. Obviously I'm not behind the scenes, but I get the sense that he's this generation's Shawn Micheals, a guy who doesn't fit the prototype of what Vince McMahon wants, can cause all kinds of trouble backstage, but works his ass off, is convinced he's great, and makes himself a star.

Now if Daniel Bryan could drop the comedy act, we could really be on to something.

Swanman
02-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Its really too bad Samoa Joe isnt in WWE. Triple threat between Joe, CMPunk and Bryan would be one for all time if given a long enough period to work.

You are basically talking about Ring of Honor circa 2003-2004. If the WWE could get away from their dumbass prototype that says Ryback is awesome because he is a roided up freak, they could open up and actually be entertaining again by bringing in guys that can actually work in the ring. Guys on the TNA roster like Joe and Austin Aries would be a great start. They have some indy guys currently like Ambrose, Rollins, Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero) and El Generico that are all great workers. You have a lot of guys in ROH that would be great, like the Briscoe Brothers, Kevin Steen, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, etc. But they have to get away from the "taller and musclebound is best" bullshit.

Chiefs=Champions
02-27-2013, 09:27 AM
And he's done it with hard work (he's not a natural athlete, and you can see that awkwardness sometimes, although rarely in the last couple of years), being unique (he's literally not like anybody else in WWE, which is part of his appeal) and by basically being an arrogant asshole who wouldn't let anybody tell him he wasn't the best. Obviously I'm not behind the scenes, but I get the sense that he's this generation's Shawn Micheals, a guy who doesn't fit the prototype of what Vince McMahon wants, can cause all kinds of trouble backstage, but works his ass off, is convinced he's great, and makes himself a star.

Now if Daniel Bryan could drop the comedy act, we could really be on to something.

Brian reallllly needs a good heel character turn. Hes an outstanding talent.

Swanman
02-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Brian reallllly needs a good heel character turn. Hes an outstanding talent.

If he is to go heel, I would hope that they don't have him go 100% chickenshit like they do with all their heels, especially smaller heels. In ROH when he was champion, he did play the chickenshit role a little bit, but he was mostly a badass that could take you out with 50 different finishers.

Sassy Squatch
02-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Hopefully he would get to kick Cenas fucking head in.

Hootie
02-27-2013, 09:44 AM

LMAO

Daniel Bryan is my favorite. I guess I really don't care about wrestling as much as I care about mic skills and laughing.

The Bryan character is great...I love him. He's definitely my favorite. He has made me like Kane and I always hated Kane.

Chiefs=Champions
02-27-2013, 09:45 AM
If he is to go heel, I would hope that they don't have him go 100% chickenshit like they do with all their heels, especially smaller heels. In ROH when he was champion, he did play the chickenshit role a little bit, but he was mostly a badass that could take you out with 50 different finishers.

Yep this.

Swanman
02-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Hopefully he would get to kick Cenas ****ing head in.

This is the American Dragon that I miss:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/59sRFA6KqC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sassy Squatch
02-27-2013, 10:14 AM
LMAO

Daniel Bryan is my favorite. I guess I really don't care about wrestling as much as I care about mic skills and laughing.

The Bryan character is great...I love him. He's definitely my favorite. He has made me like Kane and I always hated Kane.
Man, those yes chants really made him what he is today. Remember the Raw after Wrestlemania last year and the crowd chanted si at Alberto Del Rio? Fucking hilarious.

keg in kc
02-27-2013, 10:23 AM
I've said it for years: Bryan would work great as a Benoit style tweener heel. Guy that will just beat your ass.

CoMoChief
02-27-2013, 10:33 AM
They need a Rock/Austin match

Hootie
02-27-2013, 11:01 AM
They need a Rock/Austin match

that's never happened before!!!

Captain Obvious
03-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Raw goes "Old School" tomorrow night. Yet another Taker reference.

Mosbonian
03-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Started off with a Taker appearance to open "Old School" Raw.....

Then leading with Punk...

keg in kc
03-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Punk promo like that, and then that's how they decide to start the feud with taker? A four-way match?!

Jesus, that's about as lame as trading for alex smith.

keg in kc
03-04-2013, 08:16 PM
I like what the Rock and Cena did there...

...but...

how in the world does Vince ever expect anybody but John Cena to get over if they have the Rock come out every year and tell everybody that nobody but John Cena is any good?

mcaj22
03-04-2013, 08:53 PM
lol giving johnny curtis that awful gimmick

Captain Obvious
03-04-2013, 09:14 PM
It's pretty obvious that The Shield will be interfering in the Fatal 4 way.

Al Bundy
03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Is the Big Show going to go face with the message from The Shield?

Captain Obvious
03-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Punk vs. Taker
The Shield vs. Orton/Sheamus/Show
Ryback vs. Henry

keg in kc
03-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Clean win is good. Surprised.

Shield attacking 'taker here? Lots of time left. They wouldn't do that would they?

keg in kc
03-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Whew, good. Ended it right.

Reaper16
03-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Clean win is good. Surprised.

THAT'S why they had the fatal 4-way in the first place. Punk needed a good win (and still needs more) to be built back up after three or four straight huge losses.

keg in kc
03-04-2013, 10:07 PM
THAT'S why they had the fatal 4-way in the first place. Punk needed a good win (and still needs more) to be built back up after three or four straight huge losses.'course. That's the logical way of doing things.

Which is why I'm surprised...

keg in kc
03-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Starting this feud with a loss doesn't seem real smart to me. Nobody in the world thinks Punk's going to win, and after tonight he's not only a coward, but he's also stupid enough to let taker distract him to cost him a match. The urn thing was funny, though.

(and of course they weren't going to end a percy pringle tribute with kane losing - which is why you save the match for next week and let punk beat the monster)

Hootie
03-13-2013, 12:19 PM
I thought it was great...Punk plays an awesome heel.

chiefscafan
03-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Ok took some time to think bout wrestle mania

I'm sorry I just don't get it it seems like wrestlers are doing what's best for them not what's best for the company. I also can't believe Vince McMahon is letting this happen.

Examples:

Cena vs Rock : cena needs his ego soothed after losing last year

Should happen: cena finally goes heel and cheats to win with the shield or something total swerve no one sees coming.

What will happen: cena will win congratulate rock and say he did it for all the fans making every real fan throw up.

HHH vs Lesnar: Hunter needs to win to feed his ego

What should happen: Vince makes HHH lose siding with Lesnar

What will: Hunter will squash him and entire McMahon family come out and celebrate. Ummm boring.

Finally Undertaker vs Punk: this could be a great match wonder how much dead man has left.

What should happen: love both these guys but punk should win and then brag bout ending the streak and he wants his title back.

What will happen: undertaker feeds his ego beats punk and retires never losing on wrestle mania. It is cool to end it this way but would be better if punk is tough in this match if they shake hands and taker says punk is toughest sob he has ever faced. This would further launch his career. Taker has allways done this so this is a possibility.

Overall pretty predictable mania hopefully I'm wrong and shockers happen.

mcaj22
03-20-2013, 11:41 AM
wrestlemania

bunch of 40/50 year olds that refuse to put any talent over, fuel their own egos, and then the day WM is over leave for the rest of year, so you are back to the mid card twenty and thirty something year old wrestlers nobody cares about to carry the company all summer

it makes a fan hard to buy into that

CoMoChief
03-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Rock vs Cena.
Cena unfortunately wins because Rock "coming back" is only temporary. This sucks because Cena is a giant tool. Even if he turns heel he's still a tool. He will always be a tool, and he just needs to jump off a cliff to be quite honest. But little kids love him and he's the poster child for the PG era of WWE/Raw.

Undertake vs. CM Punk
I just don't think the WWE will tarnish a record on one of their greatest stars ever, one that put the company on the map, for someone that no one will know/remember in 20 yrs. CM Punk isn't a larger than life star, in fact no one really is except "maybe" Cena and only because he's been used over and over again as the company's poster child.

Captain Obvious
03-25-2013, 09:12 PM
So boring.

mcaj22
03-25-2013, 09:20 PM
lol squashing Cena

i cant believe how untouchable the Rock is

Reaper16
03-25-2013, 09:29 PM
I liked Cena's approach in that segment. Cena openly just saying "I'm fucking great at wrestling" is probably the attitude that character should have at this point.

dirk digler
03-25-2013, 09:34 PM
I feel a Cena heel turn coming.

keg in kc
03-25-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm not getting mania this year. None of the angles are doing anything for me. They've turned Punk/Taker into a joke. Cena and Rock is just as boring as I expected. I don't want to see the Shield get squashed. I don't care about Ryback. Well, other than wanting him to just go away. Fandango gets a mania match? What?

This is shaping up like a disaster of a show.

keg in kc
03-25-2013, 09:36 PM
I feel a Cena heel turn coming.
They'll never turn him, but he sure did come across heel to me tonight.

dirk digler
03-25-2013, 09:43 PM
They'll never turn him, but he sure did come across heel to me tonight.

I don't know about that I think he is going to snap and turn heel. At least that is how I interpreted his demeanor tonight

keg in kc
03-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Rock was a heel tonight too. So it's hard to tell which way they want to go with either of them leading into their inevitable 2014 rematch.

You know, however, that Cena's going to win the match, and because it'll be in front of a hardcore crowd in new york, he's going to get booed out of the stadium afterwards.

There wouldn't be a better time to turn him. But they'll never turn him. He's the company's hero to little kids, he sells tons of merch, he's their only regular roster mainstream media capable guy outside of the miz.

Sassy Squatch
03-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Cena won't turn heel... They don't have the balls to do it.

dirk digler
03-25-2013, 09:55 PM
I hear ya keg and I would have agreed with you yesterday. As you pointed out the card and results are predictable so there has to be a swerve somewhere.

big nasty kcnut
03-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Yeah but Cm Punk can go on a media tour after wrestlemania to heal his arm so he can get mainstream press to show the wwe he can move merch like cena. So they don't have to have cena in the main event.

NJChiefsFan
03-25-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm not sure I agree with Taker feeding his ego. It's about the company at this point as much as him, and putting Punk over isn't worth the value IMO. From what I have always read Taker has always had the locker room in mind when making decisions, with the exception of the streak. It's not like he has been some title driven guy.

Have to agree with this card though. Glad I have tickets. The "majesty" of it all is the only thing I am looking forward to at this point.

mcaj22
03-26-2013, 12:47 AM
Yeah but Cm Punk can go on a media tour after wrestlemania to heal his arm so he can get mainstream press to show the wwe he can move merch like cena. So they don't have to have cena in the main event.

they tried doing this during his 404849082 day run with the title. They put CM Punk on every comic con, panel, and local news station they could and it just didnt stick as well as it does with Cena. They can put Cena on any local news station in that specific city they are touring in to promote that nights event and kids will worship it.

CM Punk is a little different, actually much different, and it does not market as well.

BryanBusby
03-26-2013, 02:10 AM
If they were going to turn Cena heel ever again, would of already of happened by now.

keg in kc
03-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Punk is extremely marketable, but only to a specific audience.

He'd also have to be a long-term babyface to do what Cena does. That's a huge part of Cena's popularity with the wee-ones. He's the cartoony good guy. I'm sure Punk could do that...but why would he? Cena already is...

loochy
03-26-2013, 02:58 PM
If they were going to turn Cena heel ever again, would of already of happened by now.

hokogan was face for like a million years

milk it until it completely fizzles

Jerm
03-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Cena to snap and go Austin WM 17 on The Rock?

They're laying the groundwork and definitely hinting at something...lets just see if they have the balls to follow through.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2013, 06:17 PM
hokogan ...we're coming for you, ****a!!

keg in kc
04-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Cena is just the dirt worst. Loved the "boring" chant. Cause that sure was.

It's like his acting is getting worse. He's like a parody of a guy playing a parody of a character.

BryanBusby
04-01-2013, 06:17 PM
hokogan was face for like a million years

milk it until it completely fizzles

Vince didn't turn Hogan heel.

BryanBusby
04-01-2013, 08:21 PM
First time watching Raw in awhile.

This crowd is completely dead for Fandango. I feel the same way about a lot of their recent characters.

Reaper16
04-01-2013, 08:34 PM
First time watching Raw in awhile.

This crowd is completely dead for Fandango. I feel the same way about a lot of their recent characters.

They were also dead for Cesaro doing badass suplexes and counters. Fuck 'em.

Sassy Squatch
04-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Can you really blame them?

BryanBusby
04-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Can you really blame them?
No, I can't.

So far:
-Dead Crowd
-"Download this new IOS/Android game. It's fun (looks like shit)!"
-Stupid fans doing gay shit on twitter here
-Dead Crowd

What I hope comes up shortly:
-WE'RE OUT OF TIME MAKE SURETOTUNEINFORTHURSDAYNIGHTTHUNDERONTBSSUPERSTATION

keg in kc
04-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Pretty nothing show so far. The Michaels/HHH/Brock segment was okay, but nothing people haven't seen 3000 times already. I thought Punk's backstage interview was really good. And I thought the Rock was really great. Otherwise not much to get me excited for mania. Definitely not buying this year.

We'll see what Taker does "eviscerating" punk verbally.

alanm
04-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Judging by the way the show is ending tonight I guess the streak will continue next Sunday.

BryanBusby
04-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Yikes. That was suppose to be a super serious thing and you had people laughing and chanting CM Punk.

Reaper16
04-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Yikes. That was suppose to be a super serious thing and you had people laughing and chanting CM Punk.

Undertaker angles live or die by how cool and serious they seem to 13 year old boys, not adults. I would think that shit was super heinous if I were still my 13 year old 'Taker mark self.

keg in kc
04-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Judging by the way the show is ending tonight I guess the streak will continue next Sunday.That's never really been in question. There's been some conjecture that Punk's been mailing it in the last few weeks on the mic because of that (although I don't buy that).

BryanBusby
04-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Undertaker angles live or die by how cool and serious they seem to 13 year old boys, not adults. I would think that shit was super heinous if I were still my 13 year old 'Taker mark self.
That seems to be their target demographic. Kinda hard to sell it well if the crowd is treating it like a joke.

dirk digler
04-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Tonight's RAW was full of fail except for Bryan\Ziggler.

Cena's opening...boring
HHH\HBK\Brock..meh
Punk's promo and he is reading off the teleprompter...lame
Rock's promo...boring
Taker\Punk at the end of RAW might have been the worst of them all

keg in kc
04-01-2013, 09:20 PM
The last six weeks have really felt like "Cena/Rock is going to be the biggest thing ever no matter what so let's not even try".

dirk digler
04-01-2013, 09:25 PM
And yes I firmly believe that Cena is turning heel. He eluded something big was going to happen which is the 2nd-3rd time he has said that of late.

BryanBusby
04-01-2013, 09:49 PM
In terms of advancing his character, they absolutely should turn him. His character gets heat that only X-Pac could understand.

But they are a business first now, so they won't. He pushes too much merchandise and fulfills an ungodly amount of make-a-wish requests.

They'll tease it every year around this time in hopes of getting the people that hate him on his side. It doesn't work and he'll be back to his ol' trick the following Raw. Maybe if they didn't fuck up so much at development.....

Oh and Punk is definitely losing. They wouldn't burn takers streak on someone who won't be on TV for awhile post mania.

keg in kc
04-01-2013, 10:26 PM
I'm a huge punk mark, but that closing segment was awful. Paul E dressed up as Paul B was funny for about .5 seconds in a "holy shit they didn't" sort of way, but it was just crap after that. Pouring ashes on him? WTF.

And taker doesn't seem into this at all on the mic. Just flat.

Reaper16
04-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Punk rubbing the ashes onto his head and chest was badass to me. I can get down with some symbolic villainy.

keg in kc
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
I guess I prefer subtle to moustache-twirling.

Somehow I completely missed whatever Ziggler and Danielson did.

Ultra Peanut
04-03-2013, 03:19 AM
Re: That.

http://i.minus.com/ircLNOErZz5vY.gif

I thought the "Punk rubbing ashes on himself" thing was awesome and sort of hot. I'm an awful person. Also I've been watching some early-96 WCW and WWF this week, so uh... yeah.

Ultra Peanut
04-03-2013, 03:27 AM
What I'm saying is, THAT WAS SO WRESTLING IT MADE DUSTY RHODES POOP A LITTLE. If you wheel.

If it's going to be dumb, I'm thrilled it's the good kind.

BryanBusby
04-03-2013, 04:40 AM
Strangely enough, I'm looking forward to the post-WM Raw more.

Last year we had the reveal of Brock Lesnar and a ultra-smarky crowd. Hoping for another good reveal and the same type of crowd again.

loochy
04-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Re: That.

http://i.minus.com/ircLNOErZz5vY.gif

I thought the "Punk rubbing ashes on himself" thing was awesome and sort of hot. I'm an awful person. Also I've been watching some early-96 WCW and WWF this week, so uh... yeah.

Where have you been watching the 90s wrestling? The Justin.tv and blogtv channels I used to watch have all been shut down. :(

Swanman
04-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Where have you been watching the 90s wrestling? The Justin.tv and blogtv channels I used to watch have all been shut down. :(

It cost me a little bit of cash, but a little while back a guy was selling literally EVERY ECW show from '93 onward, including PPV's, on iOffer. Some guy taped every show on VHS (including hilariously awful commercials) and transferred them to dvd. That is some good 90's rasslin. 1995 was a fun year for ECDub, when they had guys like Foley, Guerrero, Benoit, Malenko, Funk, Public Enemy, Perry Saturn and the very early days for ECW mainstays like Dreamer, Taz and the Dudleys.

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Hope they throw a swerve or 2 into Wrestlemania. The main matches look so predictable its sad.

NJChiefsFan
04-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Hope they throw a swerve or 2 into Wrestlemania. The main matches look so predictable its sad.

Would like to see Zigler cash in after the Del Rio match. I would love to say I am excited about going to Wrestlemania for the card, but they haven't given me a reason. They only interest I have is actually being at the event for the first time ever.

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Would like to see Zigler cash in after the Del Rio match. I would love to say I am excited about going to Wrestlemania for the card, but they haven't given me a reason. They only interest I have is actually being at the event for the first time ever.
Ouch. Next year would've been better. You know they're going all out for WM30.

NJChiefsFan
04-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Ouch. Next year would've been better. You know they're going all out for WM30.

Chiefs, WM, it all works out like gold for me. Wrong place, wrong time. Oh well, I still am looking forward to being there despite the card.

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Chiefs, WM, it all works out like gold for me. Wrong place, wrong time. Oh well, I still am looking forward to being there despite the card.
Punk Undertaker would be awesome live I guess.

keg in kc
04-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Punk/Undertaker is all I'm interested in. How they'll sell the audience on a false finish like the tombstone last year (or was that the year before? either way). That whole match will be about trying to convince everyone that Punk can win despite everyone knowing that he won't. There should be something awesome in that match.

I'm not interested in seeing HHH beat Brock. I'm also not interested in seeing them set up Shawn/HHH for next year.

I'm not interested in seeing Cena beat Rock.

I could not possibly be less interested in anything than either Ryback/Henry or the dancing fat guys against whoever it is that's the other team in that match.

I love Jericho, but I'm not interested in seeing him try to make Fandango look good.

I'm not interested in seeing them waste singles talent like Ziggler and Bryan in a mixed match.

I'm mildly interested in how they keep the Shield strong, if they do that. But I'm not interested in seeing them either lose to the 3 faces, or win with Orton turning.

Just a lame looking card.

NJChiefsFan
04-03-2013, 07:44 PM
They have been hinting at Punk trying to get Taker to DQ or get counted out so I figure there will be a close call their or something.

I just hope that they let Ziggler cash in but I doubt it. I would have loved to see Ziggler v Bryan v Jericho.

It's so stupid they don't open with the Money in the Bank match. At least it promised a good start.

I can have the pipe dream that Cena turns but that isn't going to happen.

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Not having MITB is a crime.

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 07:58 PM
JFC put Barrett Cesaro Christian Miz Kingston and Truth in one.

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 07:59 PM
JFC put Barrett Cesaro Christian Miz Kingston and Truth in one.
Throw Sin Cara and Mysterious in too.

Ultra Peanut
04-03-2013, 08:20 PM

I've been pirating and whatnot. I can link't you.

Not having MITB is a crime.

Gimmick needs a break, imho. Also, it's its own PPV now...? Or was that one of the PPVs that got scrapped?

Ultra Peanut
04-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Strangely enough, I'm looking forward to the post-WM Raw more.

Last year we had the reveal of Brock Lesnar and a ultra-smarky crowd. Hoping for another good reveal and the same type of crowd again.

Those are always The Best.

z2p1vPPGPRc

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Its a fantastic springboard into the main event if done correctly. Edge, Van Dam, Punk, Bryan, Del Rio, and Swagger were all pushed up by that match. Kennedy probably would have made it too if they hadn't misdiagnosed the injury.

Ming the Merciless
04-03-2013, 08:27 PM
absolutely gayest thread on the planet

belongs in media section

its a fucking tv show not a sport

NJChiefsFan
04-03-2013, 08:59 PM

belongs in media section

its a ****ing tv show not a sport

I thought it was a real sport. Thanks for the heads up.

Ming the Merciless
04-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I thought it was a real sport. Thanks for the heads up.

so you admit this gay soap opera should be in the media section with days of our lives and sex in the city?

awesome that was easy

NJChiefsFan
04-03-2013, 09:07 PM
so you admit this gay soap opera should be in the media section with days of our lives and sex in the city?

awesome that was easy

I don't care which one it is in.

Al Bundy
04-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Looks like Pawn is looking for something to troll.

Planetman
04-03-2013, 09:29 PM

belongs in media section

its a ****ing tv show not a sport
Yeah. The front page is never ever filled with non-sports related garbage.

keg in kc
04-03-2013, 09:50 PM
They have been hinting at Punk trying to get Taker to DQ or get counted out so I figure there will be a close call their or something.

I just hope that they let Ziggler cash in but I doubt it. I would have loved to see Ziggler v Bryan v Jericho.

It's so stupid they don't open with the Money in the Bank match. At least it promised a good start.

I can have the pipe dream that Cena turns but that isn't going to happen.I'm hoping they pull the shocker and have Ziggler turn it in on Cena and not ADR.

Ming the Merciless
04-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Looks like Pawn is looking for something to troll.

if you consider a simple request that this shitty "conversation" among a few morons be moved to the proper place trolling, then yes...I am.

NJChiefsFan
04-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm hoping they pull the shocker and have Ziggler turn it in on Cena and not ADR.

That would be awesome.

keg in kc
04-03-2013, 09:53 PM
if you consider a simple request that this shitty "conversation" among a few morons be moved to the proper place trolling, then yes...I am.Open Thread > Thread Tools > Ignore This Thread

Problem solved.

Ming the Merciless
04-03-2013, 09:53 PM

please show me a non sports related TV show with this many replies that isn't in the media section where it should be

Ultra Peanut
04-03-2013, 10:09 PM

belongs in media section

http://i.minus.com/i3RfjsIdPomeA.gif

What's awesome is that I'm pretty sure the Media Center didn't even exist when I started this thread.

That is NOT meant to imply that I believe wrestling is in any way fake or predetermined, by the way. I'm not one of THOSE people.

Ultra Peanut
04-03-2013, 10:16 PM
But it's not about a wrestling TV SHOW. It's a thread dedicated to an entire sport with a wonderfully rich history, which features companies who produce TV shows and those who don't. In fact, even the companies who do TV shows hold many competitions between broadcasts!

So as I've hopefully illustrated, your entire premise was flawed. I hope I've cleared that up for you. Have a good night, sir!

BryanBusby
04-03-2013, 11:31 PM

belongs in media section

Q_Q I'm a shitty back-seat mod

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm hoping they pull the shocker and have Ziggler turn it in on Cena and not ADR.
Don't think it will happen. IIRC MITB briefcases are brand exclisive . I.E. Blue briefcase for WHC Red for WWEC

BryanBusby
04-04-2013, 12:22 AM
It cost me a little bit of cash, but a little while back a guy was selling literally EVERY ECW show from '93 onward, including PPV's, on iOffer. Some guy taped every show on VHS (including hilariously awful commercials) and transferred them to dvd. That is some good 90's rasslin. 1995 was a fun year for ECDub, when they had guys like Foley, Guerrero, Benoit, Malenko, Funk, Public Enemy, Perry Saturn and the very early days for ECW mainstays like Dreamer, Taz and the Dudleys.

Ohhh the memories, brings me back to when I was a kid. My mom didn't want to pay for dem wrasslin PPV's, so a friend and I would pool money together to pay for them. We could of watched a WWE PPV or a hilarious WcW one and had no money left over, or an ECW one and extra $$$ for hardcore man drinks (wine coolers).

We chose the ECW ones every time and it was some of the best wrestling I ever saw. One thing I'll never forget is Heatwave '99 where the Dudley Boys made the crowd go ape shit.

(Definitely NSFW)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gnbGnfkDlmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

big nasty kcnut
04-04-2013, 01:04 AM
joel ghertner what a silly billy.

Planetman
04-04-2013, 07:18 AM
please show me a non sports related TV show with this many replies that isn't in the media section where it should be
I'm not your bitch. Find it yourself, troll boy. This thread has been here since 2007. I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere just because YOU don't like it.

Planetman
04-04-2013, 07:22 AM
Open Thread > Thread Tools > Ignore This Thread

Problem solved.
Apparently that's too difficult for TROLLingmower.

Swanman
04-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Ohhh the memories, brings me back to when I was a kid. My mom didn't want to pay for dem wrasslin PPV's, so a friend and I would pool money together to pay for them. We could of watched a WWE PPV or a hilarious WcW one and had no money left over, or an ECW one and extra $$$ for hardcore man drinks (wine coolers).

We chose the ECW ones every time and it was some of the best wrestling I ever saw. One thing I'll never forget is Heatwave '99 where the Dudley Boys made the crowd go ape shit.

(Definitely NSFW)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gnbGnfkDlmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Dudleys would generate molten nuclear heel heat at their apex in ECW. Heyman definitely knew how to create great heels. Hell, the guy made even Justin Credible be someone that the crowd would buy into as a heel.

And to think the whole deal almost went up in flames before their very first PPV because of New Jack and the Mass Transit Incident.

keg in kc
04-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Living Colour doing Punk's entrance live Sunday. Pretty cool.

chiefscafan
04-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Aw man now that's cool if they are doing it live

Swanman
04-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Living Colour doing Punk's entrance live Sunday. Pretty cool.

It's cool, but it's hilarious that they will have a band doing the entrance for a heel. I will laugh my ass off if the crowd ends up being 75% pro-Punk. It is NY/NJ after all.

loochy
04-04-2013, 12:53 PM
It's cool, but it's hilarious that they will have a band doing the entrance for a heel. I will laugh my ass off if the crowd ends up being 75% pro-Punk. It is NY/NJ after all.

HHH got it when he was a heel didnt he?

keg in kc
04-04-2013, 12:55 PM
It's cool, but it's hilarious that they will have a band doing the entrance for a heel. I will laugh my ass off if the crowd ends up being 75% pro-Punk. It is NY/NJ after all.Not only a heel, but a heel that's guaranteed to lose.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
I just got a chance to watch Raw, it was pretty meh. However the end where Punk rubs those ashes all over himself was fucking incredible. That was something I would guarantee he did on the spot, off the top of his head. Brilliant.

Hootie
04-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I just got a chance to watch Raw, it was pretty meh. However the end where Punk rubs those ashes all over himself was ****ing incredible. That was something I would guarantee he did on the spot, off the top of his head. Brilliant.

Uhm no...I doubt it. That seemed like pure script to me.

Reaper16
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Pouring the ashes on Undertaker was certainly scripted. There probably hadn't been ashes at all in that urn before. Punk spreading some ashes on himself? That was him improvising.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Uhm no...I doubt it. That seemed like pure script to me.

http://i.qkme.me/3r8oby.jpg

Swanman
04-04-2013, 01:25 PM
HHH got it when he was a heel didnt he?

Yes, at Wrestlemania in Chicago when he faced SuperCena in the main event. It was hilarious. The crowd was 90% behind HHH and booing the shit out of Cena.

Sassy Squatch
04-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Yeah that was funny. Think that's where that yay boo shot started too.

chiefscafan
04-04-2013, 02:32 PM
I'll tell you there was a ecw pay per view when it came back where rvd went against cena if you haven't seen it you have to. Cena tried to be his hero stuff threw his shirt to the crowd he tried again it came back tried to do the same with his hat and wrist bands. They too were thrown back. Then an ecw chant and rvd chant erupted and cena embraced the heel in the matcH

NJChiefsFan
04-05-2013, 12:14 AM
I'll tell you there was a ecw pay per view when it came back where rvd went against cena if you haven't seen it you have to. Cena tried to be his hero stuff threw his shirt to the crowd he tried again it came back tried to do the same with his hat and wrist bands. They too were thrown back. Then an ecw chant and rvd chant erupted and cena embraced the heel in the matcH

Cena wins we riot.

Jerm
04-05-2013, 12:43 AM
That was legit nuclear "we hope you fucking break your neck" heat....incredible...

Swanman
04-05-2013, 07:14 AM
That was legit nuclear "we hope you ****ing break your neck" heat....incredible...

I was at the MITB ppv in Chicago when Punk faced Cena, and holy shit that crowd was great. You couldn't even hear Cena's music over the boos. I am a grown ass man and I was hoarse for a week after screaming my head off during that match.

Ultra Peanut
04-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Marking out is the best.

I still remember literally jumping up and down when Vader came out last summer. Like, I even kind of EXPECTED him to be there, but still. Wheee~

Note: This was IN FRONT OF MY TV. I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE LEON BY GOD WHITE.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Chicago always has one of the best WWE crowds you can get. Great city for PPVs.

Swanman
04-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Chicago always has one of the best WWE crowds you can get. Great city for PPVs.

The only problem is that the Allstate Arena is a fucking shitbox. I really wish they would start doing United Center instead but there must be some million year contract somewhere with that awful arena.

NJChiefsFan
04-05-2013, 10:07 AM
The only problem is that the Allstate Arena is a ****ing shitbox. I really wish they would start doing United Center instead but there must be some million year contract somewhere with that awful arena.

I didn't realize that. That sucks. They finally did a PPV at Prudential Center in NJ and it was awesome, but now they are back to using Izod Center(aka Continental Airlines Arena, aka Brendan Burne Arena). That place is a rusted out barn.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Marking out is the best.

I still remember literally jumping up and down when Vader came out last summer. Like, I even kind of EXPECTED him to be there, but still. Wheee~

Note: This was IN FRONT OF MY TV. I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE LEON BY GOD WHITE.

Who hasn't wanted to Vader bomb at least one asshole they've come across?

BigCatDaddy
04-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Who hasn't wanted to Vader bomb at least one asshole they've come across?

I don't know if I remember a guy that went from bad ass to bust so quickly.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-05-2013, 10:24 AM
I don't know if I remember a guy that went from bad ass to bust so quickly.

He just wasn't a good fit for the era. He was a great Hogan era monster heel personality, and an all time great big man.

BigCatDaddy
04-05-2013, 10:33 AM
He just wasn't a good fit for the era. He was a great Hogan era monster heel personality, and an all time great big man.

I wish he would have kept the elephant mask a big longer. He was intimidating as hell wearing that thing to the ring.

Swanman
04-05-2013, 10:40 AM

He was like a King Kong Bundy that could actually move.

Mick Foley has some great stories about him in his books. He was a gigantic teddy bear outside of the ring.

keg in kc
04-05-2013, 08:30 PM
lmao what a goof

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pOPWbpPdtxc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I saw about ten minutes of SD! tonight. Has Steph had some work done to her face?

Jerm
04-06-2013, 04:53 PM
So tomorrow night is D-Day for any Cena turn...right?

They have to do it tomorrow or its never happening.

I'd keep an eye on Orton...if he turns on Sheamus and Show, there's no way in hell Cena is turning. Still think they should go WMXVII with Rock/Cena.

CoMoChief
04-06-2013, 05:03 PM
I miss the Attitude era so fucking much.....damn you Linda McMahon having to run for office.

Hootie
04-06-2013, 05:53 PM
I took tomorrow off so I could attend a WrestleMania party. I'm fucking psyched...although I'm willing to bet I'll be disappointed.

Jerm
04-06-2013, 07:16 PM
The top matches are very predictable...I'll personally be happy if Ziggler cashes in on del Rio and wins and Cena turns heel.

Not holding my breath on either though...

NJChiefsFan
04-06-2013, 09:27 PM
The top matches are very predictable...I'll personally be happy if Ziggler cashes in on del Rio and wins and Cena turns heel.

Not holding my breath on either though...

That certainly is best case. I will try to post my seat view tomorrow, but not sure if I will remember. It's the upper-deck, so I am not expecting much of a view.

Hootie
04-06-2013, 09:40 PM
In a perfect world, Cena goes heel...Punk ends Taker's streak...Bryan does something hilarious...and I get to see AJ's tits and butt cheeks...and vagina

Hootie
04-06-2013, 09:40 PM
and then I get to have sex with said tits, cheeks and vag

it's a perfect world, after all

and then she tells me how I am terrible in bed compared to Ziggler because I heard he's an aggressive man

NJChiefsFan
04-07-2013, 04:00 PM

penbrook
04-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know a website where it will stream wrestlemania for free.

Sassy Squatch
04-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Is that your photo?

BryanBusby
04-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Does anyone know a website where it will stream wrestlemania for free.
This. A stream would be nice.

Al Bundy
04-07-2013, 04:24 PM
http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/boxing-wwe-ufc.html

BryanBusby
04-07-2013, 04:26 PM
http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/boxing-wwe-ufc.html

Si Si Si

BryanBusby
04-07-2013, 04:56 PM
oh miz I remember a long time ago when you were at least interesting

arrowheadnation
04-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Over under on how many matches the Spanish announce table lasts?

BryanBusby
04-07-2013, 05:11 PM
IF CENA WINS WE COMPLAIN ONLINE

lol best sign

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Lil' Naitch looks like Old Naitch looked in the latter days of Nitro now.

IF CENA WINS WE COMPLAIN ONLINE

lol best sign
Awesome.

p.s. Mox & Black on Mania =3 =3

BryanBusby
04-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Considering the crowd was ultra smarky last night and seems smarky tonight, WWE is gonna look ridiculous tonight if Cena doesn't turn.

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2013, 05:21 PM
SHIELD WINS SHIELD WINS BAH GAWD

They're so awesome!