PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

keg in kc
04-16-2008, 05:20 AM
It's a TV show, basically. I've never seen it as a sporting event, although the choreography involved takes years to master and there's no question that some of the best guys are as athletic as anyone in any major sport.

And my wonderful new DVR system from those incredibly smart people at Time Warner didn't record ECW or anything else last night (I had an old episode of reaper I missed set, too, IIRC), which is the second time in the last week I've lost an entire night of shows for no reason at all. My box was actually off when I got up a few minutes ago.

Ultra Peanut
04-16-2008, 06:15 AM
Adamle's commentary was the worst I've ever heard. I actually felt sorry for him. It was that bad.Exactly. It wasn't the Tenay/West "I want to kill them" kind of bad, it was just pathetic. Hearing him just made me cringe for him.

You guys do know it's not real right? It's just big oiled up roidos gracefully groping each other in a choreographed and predetermined manner. Oh shit, this is a shoot brother!

keg in kc
04-16-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm disappointed. I expected Adamle to be much worse. It wasn't quite bad enough to make it funny.

Just finished watching Joe/Angle. I thought it was a solid match. Shame it didn't happen a year ago before they f*cked up Joe's build. He could have been a monster now, but he's just another guy on the TNA roster. Maybe if they let him hold the belt in a dominating fashion for a while they can rebuild him.

Although, honestly, if they're going towards more "realistic" mma-influenced matches like that, Angle is the guy that should have the belt. Joe's believable as a pro-wrestler. He's too chubby if they're making a move to shoot-style stuff. (And I'm a big Joe fan...)

Ultra Peanut
04-17-2008, 08:31 PM
God. As soon as I thought, "Hey, outside of cutting to commercial as the guy with a title shot attacks the champion with the briefcase, this Impact hasn't been as awful as usual," they just gave the ****ing tag titles to Kaz and Eric-Young's-Awful-Greg-Helms-Impersonation after he ran to the back, put on a mask, hulked up, and took AJ out in under a minute. Not only that, but the angle on their replay (which they've had literally DAYS to fix) clearly showed AJ's shoulders pop up off of the mat before the three-count.

And now AJ (suddenly wearing a shirt) and Tomko are arguing with Cornette over the controversy... the controversy being that Super Eric "interfered" in the match, not the shoulders-up thing. Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh. Everyone in this company is written as if they're retarded.

So that's one cheapish but understandable title change, and one title-devaluing (as if being in TNA isn't enough) change. Beautiful.

Ultra Peanut
04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
They should just run two hours of Cornette yelling at women for every Impact.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Id4rZhN_LEg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Id4rZhN_LEg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BigRock
04-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Does YouTube have the video of Cornette taking a banana up his ass?

BigRock
04-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Does YouTube have the video of Cornette taking a banana up his ass?
Hey, even better... a video of Stephanie McMahon saying she can't get enough anal.

q-1EJZ7RrMY

Swanman
04-17-2008, 11:06 PM
God. As soon as I thought, "Hey, outside of cutting to commercial as the guy with a title shot attacks the champion with the briefcase, this Impact hasn't been as awful as usual," they just gave the ****ing tag titles to Kaz and Eric-Young's-Awful-Greg-Helms-Impersonation after he ran to the back, put on a mask, hulked up, and took AJ out in under a minute. Not only that, but the angle on their replay (which they've had literally DAYS to fix) clearly showed AJ's shoulders pop up off of the mat before the three-count.

And now AJ (suddenly wearing a shirt) and Tomko are arguing with Cornette over the controversy... the controversy being that Super Eric "interfered" in the match, not the shoulders-up thing. Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh. Everyone in this company is written as if they're retarded.

So that's one cheapish but understandable title change, and one title-devaluing (as if being in TNA isn't enough) change. Beautiful.

To enjoy wrestling, the main thing is to suspend disbelief. But to enjoy TNA, you have to suspend disbelief and then proceed to punch yourself in the face until you are retarded.

On a better note, only 2 days until ROH comes back to Chicago and I get to see the Motor City Machine Guns vs. The Briscoes, the rematch one year in the making. I'm also pumped for the Vulture Squad (Jack Evans, Ruckus & Jigsaw) vs. Age of the Fall (Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black & Joey Matthews). And the title match between Nigel McGuinness and Kevin Steen should be good, although since they are building Claudio Castagnoli as the next big challenger, I really doubt Steen has a chance of winning.

It would be amazing to see what Gabe Sapolsky (head booker for ROH / Paul Heyman's protege in ECW) could do with TNA, given the level of talent that they are wasting right now (and he booked quite a few TNA roster members in ROH and actually utilized their talents effectively).

keg in kc
04-18-2008, 02:53 PM
This is some good shit:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/It8nDlMxKiQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/It8nDlMxKiQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

keg in kc
04-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Paul Heyman on Adamle. This is also some good shit:Mike Adamle is truly awful (http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/heyman/article1060395.ece)

by PAUL HEYMAN
for The Sun

OH BOY. I thought this was going to be a quiet week. No such thing, I guess.

In a decision that really threw everyone for a loop, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and Executive Producer Kevin Dunn pulled Joey Styles from the position of ECW play-by-play announcer, and replaced him with the indescribably amateurish Mike Adamle.

The reaction was immediate. Even those who never saw Joey in the original Extreme Championship Wrestling were outraged.

Adamle's performance was so terrible, it drew an intense reaction from even casual fans who couldn't possibly care less, and who were ready to take a baseball bat and smash their television sets after listening to his butchering of the program.

I'm not being overly hard on Mike Adamle. It's the old joke about Vince Russo going to WCW. Russo's booking did such damage to the promotion, people in the industry actually believed Vince McMahon sent him to WCW to kill the company.

I'm not kidding. To this day, some people swear it had to be true. Mike Adamle couldn't have done a more p***-poor job at announcing if he tried.

No self-sabotage could have been that consistent. Adamle called "WWE" just "WW". He called Tazz "The Tazz." He mispronounced names, couldn't call holds, and his announcing debut was generally regarded as one of the worst in the history of broadcasting.

Now here's a little secret. SHHHHHHHH.... don't tell anyone.

For everyone who is so up in arms, screaming "we need to tell Vince what we think!" and "This guy's a total disaster," I have a scoop for you, and you're not going to like it.

Adamle is horrible. No one likes him. People at home actually loathe his presence on the show. AND THAT'S EXACTLY THE SORT OF PASSIONATE RESPONSE VINCE McMAHON IS LOOKING FOR!!!

Do you really think Vince doesn't realise how incompetent this tra-la-la-goon-de-yay of an announcer is? The ECW show from the UK was TAPED.

That means there was time for Adamle to grab a mic backstage and clean up the performance. Not the whole miserable, horrible, intolerable hour. Just the really obvious "branding" issues, like all 3 letters that identify World Wrestling Entertainment. Hey, that would be a start, don't you think?

Vince McMahon is not a fan of Joey Styles as an announcer. In 2005, when we were heading into the first ECW One Night Stand pay per view, the lead play-by-play spot was never put into the script.

Even a few weeks before the show, I was writing "announcers" because the decision still hadn't been made to finalise the deal with Joey. Trivia note, by the way: The backup plan was to go with Jim Ross.

In memo to Vince, Stephanie, Shane, Kevin Dunn, and John Laurinaitis, I wrote "If we can't come to terms with Styles - which I am very hopeful we can indeed do, because if we want this show to be "authentic," Joey has to be the play-by-play announcer - then a suggestion for the show without Joey is for Jim Ross to do it.

If the Heyman character does the dreaded ECW shoot promo on Raw, and walks up to JR and states that because we couldn't come to terms with Joey, the only conceivable other answer would be you, JR, because while you've never been in ECW, we all respect your ability to call the product, and there's not an ECW fan alive who deny that you are universally recognised as the best in the game...I would suggest everyone would accept JR in that role, and he would not disappoint on the night of the show."

But Joey did come to terms. And then, when Vince decided for the umteempth time to replace JR, Joey was signed to a five-year contract. And ever since about 10 minutes into Joey's first broadcast, Vince has hated the decision to hire Joey Styles.

I lost more hair arguing that Joey needed to be the host of the resurrected brand in 2006 than I want to even remember. Vince thought of everyone else who could be in that chair. Everyone, of course, except for Mike Adamle.

OK, here it is. Oliver Stone can kiss my kosher a**. This conspiracy is presented to you ... BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!!!

Vince McMahon is not only keenly aware of just how bad Mike Adamle is, he's counting on it. That's why there was no editing done to clean up Adamle's embarrassingly bad performance.

WWE's ECW is doing 1.2 and 1.3 ratings on Sci-Fi. That may keep Bonnie Hammer and Sci-Fi happy because very little else on that network comes close to that number, but I remember the panic setting in when the new ECW was "crashing" into the 2.1 zone.

The show has simply settled in with the audience that will watch whatever product is on, be it "Heat," "Velocity," "TNA," or any other lite version of Raw or Smackdown.

So Vince's big idea for ECW is the train-wreck mentality! I can just see Vince right now, believing every word he himself says. "This guy is so bad, how can anyone NOT watch the show?" And he means it.

Vince actually believes that Mike Adamle is so mind-bogglingly awful, so ill-prepared, so horribly wrong for the show, that people will never be able to turn the dial. It's the Britney Spears mentality. Is she wearing her panties today? Uh oh, she's driving on the highway. Someone call the gossip blogs!

So, what have we learned today? Well, for one, the decision to remove Styles from the broadcasting position in favor of Adamle has dragged down the quality of the already-suffering show even more.

Number Two, that when a young, hungry, ambitious, qualified announcer like Josh Matthews, who has been waiting in the wings for half a decade, is passed over for an incompetent boob like Mike Adamle, there must be a good reason for it.

And three, that reason is because Vince McMahon is sure Adamle is so bad, people will look forward to his performances on ECW because of the very fact that you never know what he's going to screw up next.

And in the end, if you realise that I've spent all this time writing about the decision, you have to give round one to Vince's theory. Let's check those ratings in a month. We'll see how the theory pans out.

Until next time, E-C- ...... um ...... nevermind! I didn't even think about the fact it was a taped show. They really could have fixed some of that.

Bowser
04-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey, even better... a video of Stephanie McMahon saying she can't get enough anal.

q-1EJZ7RrMY

LMAO

BigRock
04-18-2008, 03:10 PM
:whackit:
FYP

keg in kc
04-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Sucks to be Jericho this week. Let's see, who else's finisher can he take?

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2008, 02:37 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TNA Wrestling is proud to announce that its worldwide Pay-Per-View spectacular “Slammiversary 2008” will be held live in the Memphis area at the DeSoto County Civic Center in Southaven, Mississippi at 7 p.m., Sunday, June 8, airing exclusively on Pay-Per-View.

TNA President Dixie Carter made the “Slammiversary” announcement on the “Off The Ropes” ESPN radio show (KQPN 730 AM) in Memphis. The city of Memphis is the top-rated television market in the United States for “TNA iMPACT” on Spike TV (Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT).

“Memphis and the Mid-South know wrestling as well as anyone in the world, and we’re excited to show some of the best fans in the world that TNA has become the new king of professional wrestling action, both in the ring and with our unique fan experience,” Carter said.

“Slammiversary” will celebrate TNA’s sixth anniversary, a feat industry insiders thought impossible when the company debuted in Nashville in 2002. TNA, once labeled as a promotion that wouldn’t last more than a few months, will come to the Memphis to celebrate a worldwide promotion spanning over 110 countries in six years.I've never been more ashamed.

Mecca
04-19-2008, 02:38 AM
You live around some dumb people...

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2008, 02:46 AM
It is my duty to cleanse.

I shall cleanse.

The time draws near.

To cleanse.

Mecca
04-19-2008, 02:49 AM
Seeing as you live in Memphis have you ever encountered Sid since I believe he is from that area...

Swanman
04-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Went to the Ring of Honor show Saturday night in Chicago Ridge and it was a great show (as always). The MCMGs vs. Briscoes match was great as expected, with the Machine Guns winning after Alex Shelley hitting what looked to be a variation of the Sliced Bread #2 from the top rope. The match wasn't quite as good as last year's match, but it was still very good. The match that stole the show, surprisingly, was El Generico vs. Kota Ibushi (an up-and-coming wrestler from the DDT promotion in Japan. Ibushi is an amazing high flyer and can also kick like a mofo.

This was my first ROH show from the front row, and after seeing the performers up that close, I came away with a new respect for the abuse they put their bodies through. Those guys beat the living shit out of each other.

Mecca
04-20-2008, 09:33 PM
A really good friend of mine went to that show, she's a Shelley mark.

Ultra Peanut
04-20-2008, 11:23 PM
I saw Sid at a USWA show once, being a Shelley mark is the only possible option, and most importantly, WWE Fan Nation is online and it's glorious (http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/691/31715/OH_****_THE_FBI_CAUGHT_US):

http://i28.tinypic.com/2ecqfs7.png

http://i25.tinypic.com/2iqgw78.png
http://i27.tinypic.com/2wfpi5g.png

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zgyb1e.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-20-2008, 11:52 PM
They are going to have to take a scorched earth approach to that board. It looks like it's been invaded by the gnaa.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 02:08 AM
I don't know about all of that. I think it's nice to have so many big names conversing with one another.

http://i28.tinypic.com/200bpfl.png

Mecca
04-21-2008, 02:13 AM
Someone needs to be Taker and just randomly post "I'm not feeling it"

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Two good matches to start KotR.

We get to see Jericho/Punk again. Maybe my plan is coming to fruition.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Well that is interesting, an elimination match. Orton's chances just got a little slimmer :(

Swanman
04-21-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't know about all of that. I think it's nice to have so many big names conversing with one another.

http://i28.tinypic.com/200bpfl.png

Love the Necro Butcher post. I saw him for the first time this past Saturday. ROH has announced one of the matches at their first Hammerstein Ballroom show will be Necro vs. Morishima. Morishima will definitely win but it will be a brutal stiff match and a fun one to watch (also announced is Bryan Danielson vs. Naomichi Marafuji, another dream match).

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Well, now Finlay won't be able to compete, so the winner of the next match gets a bye to the finals.

Swanman
04-21-2008, 07:27 PM
I've watched a little bit of Raw, and my main impression is that the crowd is god-awful. You could hear a pin drop. Not that WWE is all that exciting these days, but it's not that bad.

TrickyNicky
04-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Has Hillrod and the Ba-Rock thrown down yet?

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Jericho and Punk work really well together.

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 07:38 PM
LMAO, do you smell what Barack is cookin'.

I can't believe he did that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 07:40 PM
LMAO, do you smell what Barack is cookin'.

I can't believe he did that.

Anyone from the ages of about 20-30 probably loved that, though.

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Anyone from the ages of about 20-30 probably loved that, though.No doubt.

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 07:41 PM
It's looking like they're going to make Punk KotR. There must be some kind of swerve coming.

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
So, two wins with the Regal Stretch.

Is this setting up the return of the Anaconda Vice later?

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Regal and Punk, I can't say I ever imagined that one. Could be fun.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 07:47 PM
I saw him blink! KORDERAS SCREWED FINLAY!!!!!!!!

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 07:48 PM
It's looking like they're going to make Punk KotR. There must be some kind of swerve coming.Maybe they're setting up a Punk vs. Authority angle to build up his credibility. Which is awesome.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Barr ack??

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Good god, McCain's speech was a December 2000 version of Nitro.

Mile High Mania
04-21-2008, 07:54 PM
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F623LAMQvbs

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Good god, McCain's speech was a December 2000 version of Nitro.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDvRIIsJinE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDvRIIsJinE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Sorry, but that music always makes me mark out.

Mile High Mania
04-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Wow... this is painful and a huge failure at this point.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Good god, this is Wrestlecraptastic.

Mile High Mania
04-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Blind midgets with no legs wrestling would be better...

HolmeZz
04-21-2008, 08:05 PM
And the sad part is this all could've been prevented.

HolmeZz
04-21-2008, 08:07 PM
He Barack Bottom'd the shit out of her.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 08:07 PM
So who are these people?

At least he got a nice ululation on the smellllllllalalalalawwww.

UMAGA BIN LADEN

UMAGA WANT BE PRESIDENT
UMAGA WEAR FLAG PIN
UMAGA EAT FLAG PIN

Okay, honestly, as bad as this COULD have been, it really didn't turn out to be so awful.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Dowowowoughaouahah SAMOAAA!!

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 08:10 PM
This post on another forum encapsulates how I'm feeling right now:

I've been watching wrestling for like 25 years, I saw the Shockmaster and Robocop and Chucky in WCW and the Kennel from hell match and an 80 year old woman give birth to a plastic hand and this is well. I guess its not as bad as it could be really.Honestly, the end of the, uh, "match" with the Barack Bottom and Bill interrupting the People's Elbow wasn't too bad. And then Umaga came out to wreck shit as a way of saying, "Yeah, we know this was retarded."

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:14 PM
This post on another forum encapsulates how I'm feeling right now:

Honestly, the end of the, uh, "match" with the Barack Bottom and Bill interrupting the People's Elbow wasn't too bad. And then Umaga came out to wreck shit as a way of saying, "Yeah, we know this was retarded."

By no means was that Katie Vick. I've seen worse. The fact that I have, however, is a bit unsettling.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Well, if Clinton wins the nomination, I'm officially writing in Umaga.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:19 PM
3-1 a boob pops out.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Well, I'll be goddamned. That was a glorified squash.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 08:32 PM
ALL HAIL KING REGAL wtf

Seriously, couldn't Punk have been worked over for more than like two minutes before he tapped? I don't really have a problem with Regal scamming his way to the crown, but underhanded tactics to get there aside, he just went over an upper midcarder clean in under five minutes.

Not that Regal ISN'T awesome, but the way that was booked was so disappointing.

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 08:37 PM
I got home from work right as Punk tapped, and I agree with the wtf?

I mean, clean over Matt Hardy and Jericho and then jobbing to Regal.

I like Regal, but he hasn't wrestled on air in months. This makes Punk look weak as hell.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:41 PM
ALL HAIL KING REGAL wtf

Seriously, couldn't Punk have been worked over for more than like two minutes before he tapped? I don't really have a problem with Regal scamming his way to the crown, but underhanded tactics to get there aside, he just went over an upper midcarder clean in under five minutes.

Not that Regal ISN'T awesome, but the way that was booked was so disappointing.

It was flat retarded. Why not have him break out the knux?? Did Punk really need to get buried like that after MITB?

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 08:42 PM
It was flat retarded. Why not have him break out the knux?? Did Punk really need to get buried like that after MITB?Same deal as having him lose clean to Jericho the next night.

It's like they can't decide how they want to book Punk from day-to-day.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Same deal as having him lose clean to Jericho the next night.

It's like they can't decide how they want to book Punk from day-to-day.

I can understand that one a bit more, losing to Jericho isn't going to derail anyone's momentum save for Main Eventers.

This one was just bizarre. Regal is over in his current role, but if you are going to give a heel KOTR, why not have it be MVP?

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I can understand that one a bit more, losing to Jericho isn't going to derail anyone's momentum save for Main Eventers.

This one was just bizarre. Regal is over in his current role, but if you are going to give a heel KOTR, why not have it be MVP?Or why not build Regal up for a few weeks so he seems like a legitimate contender. Him winning makes no sense, other than, of course, he's a great 'royalty' heel...

keg in kc
04-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey look, it's the same guys who've been doing the main events all year.

Plus Chavo and Kane and Chubby the Cowboy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:49 PM
God, it sounds like the Teen Choice Awards for Cena's entrance tonight.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Entrances have now been going on for 14 minutes.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Entrances have now been going on for 14 minutes.Well at least the crowd had a chance to recover from that BARNBURNER of a King of the Ring final.

Scrap the Diva shit or the fake celebrity match, and they would have had enough time for both a solid KOTR match and the parade of main eventers (and JBL and Kane and Chavo).

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Cena in for the 5 moves of doom.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Most opportunistic playa in tha game!

JOHN CENA YOU CHEATER

Oh shit, ALL OF THEM are going to win at Backlash?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 09:04 PM
SICK RKO.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 09:05 PM
The way Orton slithered in there was f*cking awesome.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Well, I'd say HHH will pin JBL in the elimination match. Beyond that, I know nothing.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 09:06 PM
The way Orton slithered in there was f*cking awesome.He's such a perfect heel it's not even funny.

BigRock
04-21-2008, 11:20 PM
I got home from work right as Punk tapped, and I agree with the wtf?

I mean, clean over Matt Hardy and Jericho and then jobbing to Regal.

I like Regal, but he hasn't wrestled on air in months. This makes Punk look weak as hell.
What, is this rocket science now? Regal got to cruise to the finals beating a midget and a cripple while Punk had 2 tough matches. Thus, Regal was fresh and Punk was ripe to get beat. How does Punk look weak losing a 3rd match to a guy who had barely wrestled?

The Punk stuff in this thread gets creepier by the day. At least you didn't call him "Phil" this time.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah, calling it a burial is pretty ****ing crazy considering the fact that he beat Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho in order to get there in the first place. I just wish they'd spent a bit more time emphasizing how worn out he was rather than the blink-and-he's-tapped way it went down.

I eagerly await King Regal's inaugural address next week.

keg in kc
04-22-2008, 09:04 AM
What, is this rocket science now? Regal got to cruise to the finals beating a midget and a cripple while Punk had 2 tough matches. Thus, Regal was fresh and Punk was ripe to get beat. How does Punk look weak losing a 3rd match to a guy who had barely wrestled?

The Punk stuff in this thread gets creepier by the day. At least you didn't call him "Phil" this time.I also call HHH "paul" and HBK "mike" so I can see why that's so creepy. How dare I break kayfabe.

The funniest part is, I'm not even a punk mark. For the most part, outside of the occasional good match, in WWE he's been a pretty sloppy worker. Of course, I guess if I talk about the weird way that they book him, I must have a mancrush.

Thanks for playing, though.

Whether he was supposed to be tired or not, that last match was a squash. Weird way to handle mr. mitb. Which is par for the course.

Swanman
04-22-2008, 12:44 PM
After seeing Kota Ibushi for the first time this past weekend, I'm a big fan. Enjoy:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAPKVMuzfAY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAPKVMuzfAY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BigRock
04-22-2008, 02:14 PM
The funniest part is, I'm not even a punk mark. For the most part, outside of the occasional good match, in WWE he's been a pretty sloppy worker. Of course, I guess if I talk about the weird way that they book him, I must have a mancrush.

Thanks for playing, though.
You're right, I'm sorry. Stuff like analyzing Punk's chances of winning MITB based on where he was positioned in the PPV match graphic is completely normal and non-obsessive behavior.

TrickyNicky
04-22-2008, 03:07 PM
After seeing Kota Ibushi for the first time this past weekend, I'm a big fan. Enjoy:

:clap: @ 1:20 First time I've seen that spot. Though admittedly, most of the puro stuff I've watched is 90's All Japan or 00's NOAH.

Also, the springboard reversal into a german is just f***ing nuts. I like that this highlight also shows him taking some bumps and not just dishing them out. Pretty cool.

I wonder if he has gone againt Danshoku Dino yet?

Swanman
04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
:clap: @ 1:20 First time I've seen that spot. Though admittedly, most of the puro stuff I've watched is 90's All Japan or 00's NOAH.

Also, the springboard reversal into a german is just f***ing nuts. I like that this highlight also shows him taking some bumps and not just dishing them out. Pretty cool.

I wonder if he has gone againt Danshoku Dino yet?

He pulled out the moonsault into a standing moonsault when I saw him on Saturday. His opponent was El Generico, who is perfect for him because he's also a high flyer that can bump like crazy. The entire match was Kota trying to go up top for the phoenix splash and Generico stopping him and trying to give him his brainbuster from the top rope. Finally Kota was able to get out of a brainbuster attempt and turned it into a sick reverse hurracanrana from the top rope followed by the phoenix splash for the pin. It was definitely the match of the night. He got a massive "please come back" chant after the match.

keg in kc
04-22-2008, 03:43 PM
You're right, I'm sorry. Stuff like analyzing Punk's chances of winning MITB based on where he was positioned in the PPV match graphic is completely normal and non-obsessive behavior.This is a pro-wrestling thread. There's nothing "normal" here. :shrug:

But, hey, whatever makes you feel better.

Mecca
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
In case you don't know, over the weekend WWE.com launched WWE Fan Nation, a social networking site. The network lets people create personal profiles to communicate with other WWE fans. So far, the network has garnered over 7,000 registered users. You can check out WWE's answer to MySpace and Facebook at Fans.WWE.com.

The WWE Fan Nation also features a message board for fans to discuss WWE and other aspects of professional wrestling. However, on Saturday night/Sunday morning, the forums were infiltrated with tons of spam and other nonsense by a few vicious users looking to wreak havoc on WWE's social networking site. The forums were closed on Sunday to clean out all the "graffiti" left by the attackers. WWE hopes to have the forums back online again next week after Backlash. In the meantime, they are in the process of adding new security measures to the site to help prevent further violations and to make the forums a friendly place to go to for WWE fans.

On Sunday, one of the heads of the WWE Fan Nation released the following statement regarding the cyber attack:

So, have you visited the Forums lately? Thought so...

First, thank you to the more than 4,000 new WWE Fan Nation members that joined our new online community, eager to participate in debate and discussion with fellow fans from around the world. They've created new fan groups, written excellent blog posts and participated in animated Forums discussion threads. We at Fan Nation thank you all for the great start. Please keep up the great work!

However...yesterday, we experienced a coordinated attack from (what was claimed to be) a competing wrestling forum community that wreaked havoc on our Forums, filling them with spam and other vile diatribes.

Thank you to all of the WWE Fan Nation users that filed Abuse Reports quickly on those 100 or so user accounts created Saturday with the specific purpose of ruining the rapidly growing Fan Nation community. The moderation team has temporarily frozen the Forums section, and is currently scrubbing the section clean of all "graffiti" left by the attackers. We hope the Forums will be ready to return before Backlash.

They will also be banning all the user accounts that participated in said activity. We will not be issuing warnings or suspensions. Sorry, but martial law is in effect as of now.

We are in the process of adding new security to the site, to help prevent further violations of WWE.com's Terms of Usage, and to keep the Forums a friendly place to play. More on those details to come.

Until then, you stay classy Fan Nation. Keep your eyes peeled on photos and blogs for inappropriate material, and file Abuse Reports on such items to alert moderators. We'll continue to grow, and will overcome this early attempt to ruin the soon-to-be largest WWE community on the Internet.

Thanks, enjoy King of the Ring tomorrow night on Raw!

Anyway, one of the cyber attackers will not go without being punished for his vicious attack on the WWE fan forum. According to the website of RTE -- Ireland's National Television and Radio Broadcaster -- police managed to track down and arrest one of the attackers, a man from Dublin, Ireland. In accordance with the Communications Regulation Act from 2002, the Dublin man has been detained by police.

A number of users were involved in the cyber attack, but so far, only one person has been charged. However, WWE's looking to take action against the other individuals involved in the cyber attack. WWE's in the process of tracking down the cyber attackers and forwarding their information to law enforcement agencies.

Regarding the attack, WWE spokesman Gary Davis said, "certain postings made on the WWE Fan Nation Forum were unacceptable and against the rules set down by WWE. The users who made these postings have been traced and their information has been forwarded to the appropriate law enforcement agencies."

Davis believes that many of the rogue users acted independently, however, a certain number of them coordinated their attacks through a rival wrestling fan forum, believed to be that of www.f4wonline.com, Figure Four Weekly Online. WWE plans on taking some form of legal action against other individuals involved in the cyber attack before the end of the week.

A few of the controversial postings were said to be pornographic. As you would imagine, this is a huge concern to World Wrestling Entertainment as their fanbase largely consists of children and teenagers.

Regarding the cyber attacker in question, the person is known as Dave Anchorking, a frequent poster at the www.f4wonline.com forums who posts under the name 'mr_anchorking'. Anchorking is believed to be a resident of the Blanchardstown area of Dublin. RTE attempted to contact the man's family for comment, but were unsuccessful.

Don't mess with the WWE's forum.

TrickyNicky
04-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Wow. So trolling accounts are now considered something you can be arrested for? Look out internets!

Was there some type of DoS attack going along with it, or was it just specifically flooding?

Ultra Peanut
04-22-2008, 07:05 PM
UMAGA WIN PENNSYLVANIA
UMAGA EAT PENNSYLVANIA

http://i29.tinypic.com/2dk08dd.jpg

He pulled out the moonsault into a standing moonsault when I saw him on Saturday. His opponent was El Generico, who is perfect for him because he's also a high flyer that can bump like crazy. The entire match was Kota trying to go up top for the phoenix splash and Generico stopping him and trying to give him his brainbuster from the top rope. Finally Kota was able to get out of a brainbuster attempt and turned it into a sick reverse hurracanrana from the top rope followed by the phoenix splash for the pin. It was definitely the match of the night. He got a massive "please come back" chant after the match.Stuff like this just makes me hate everyone who lives in ROH's "territory" even more. Jesus Christ.

Ultra Peanut
04-22-2008, 07:09 PM
– Festus is off of television for awhile while he gets ready to get repackaged (for a second time) as a singles star. They are going to use an injury angle to explain Festus’ lengthy absence, which started following Festus’ match with The Undertaker a couple of weeks ago when Festus was put in The Undertaker’s Gogoplata for an extended period of time. So don’t expect to see Festus anytime soon, but when you do, he will likely be a new character.

THAT IS ****ING RETARDED. THEY ARE SO ****ING OVER RIGHT NOW. WHY WOULD YOU KILL A SUPER-HOT GIMMICK IN ORDER TO HELP SOMEONE'S CAREER?!

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, you ****ing morons.

Swanman
04-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Stuff like this just makes me hate everyone who lives in ROH's "territory" even more. Jesus Christ.

ROH is expanding pretty quickly, so don't be surprised if they end up running a show near you in the next year or two.

Also, each year on Wrestlemania weekend they put on shows that are worth traveling to. They treat those weekends as their Wrestlemania and put on blow-away shows. That's also the weekend they bring in lots of Japanese wrestlers from Dragon Gate and Noah. It will be interesting next year because they have never done a show anywhere near Texas.

BigRock
04-22-2008, 07:42 PM
THAT IS ****ING RETARDED. THEY ARE SO ****ING OVER RIGHT NOW. WHY WOULD YOU KILL A SUPER-HOT GIMMICK IN ORDER TO HELP SOMEONE'S CAREER?!

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, you ****ing morons.
Meltzer didn't really report any of that. During the TV review of Smackdown, he just kinda speculated to that effect based on the match finish. And I don't think he said anything about Festus coming back as an entirely new character, just that they'd probably want to come up with something to make his gimmick work better for a singles wrestler. If that's even what they want to do with him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Meltzer is an idiot. Sorry.

Ultra Peanut
04-22-2008, 08:07 PM
ROH is expanding pretty quickly, so don't be surprised if they end up running a show near you in the next year or two. Who needs ROH when TNA is coming to Southaven? http://i32.tinypic.com/2heee4g.jpg

Meltzer didn't really report any of that. During the TV review of Smackdown, he just kinda speculated to that effect based on the match finish. And I don't think he said anything about Festus coming back as an entirely new character, just that they'd probably want to come up with something to make his gimmick work better for a singles wrestler. If that's even what they want to do with him.Thank God.

Ultra Peanut
04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Hahahahahaha they will never, ever get it:

TNA WRESTLING LAUNCHES ‘CROSS THE LINE’ CAMPAIGN TO CHALLENGE FANS ACROSS THE WORLD TO CHANGE THE FUTURE OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Nashville, Tenn. (April 21, 2008) – Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling today officially announced its launch of “Cross The Line,” a worldwide marketing campaign to brand TNA as a call to action for fans of professional wrestling.

“Cross The Line” will encourage fans who have never watched TNA to try it, current TNA fans to recruit others, wrestling stars from around the world to cross the line and join TNA, and it’s the official launch of TNA’s revolution to call out the competition. The “Cross The Line” will be supported by a multi-layer advertising and marketing campaign including electronic and print placements and a variety of interactive initiatives.You are not WCW. You're not even ECW. You're barely above the UWF.

Sit the **** down, shut the **** up, and improve your ****ing product.

Simply Red
04-23-2008, 04:30 PM
UMAGA WIN PENNSYLVANIA
UMAGA EAT PENNSYLVANIA

http://i29.tinypic.com/2dk08dd.jpg

Stuff like this just makes me hate everyone who lives in ROH's "territory" even more. Jesus Christ.

ROFL

OmahaChief
04-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Hahahahahaha they will never, ever get it:

You are not WCW. You're not even ECW. You're barely above the UWF.

Sit the **** down, shut the **** up, and improve your ****ing product.

That is what everyone said just before WCW started pounding WWE into the ground. Not that TNA is going to the next big thing. WWE has gotten fat and lazy as a company. They have the same 5 or 6 guys in every main event. lame story lines galore and no one stars that are winning to job cleanly to put anyone over. Kind of sounds like WCW in its last days. Again not that WWE is in peril of folding up but the lack of competition has hurt the wrestling industry as a whole.

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Oh boy! TNA is taking the Lethal Lottery and somehow making it EVEN WORSE!!!!!!

Sfeihc
04-24-2008, 08:38 PM
No more biscuits and gravy?

Ultra Peanut
04-25-2008, 10:48 PM
There was a pretty big leak in Orlando today, and one of the more interesting revelations to come from this was Jim Cornette's daily schedule:

keg in kc
04-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Weird smackdown tonight.

keg in kc
04-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Huge 'mania buyrate, apparently:- Early numbers indicate that WrestleMania XXIV did approximately 1.1 million buys with 700,000 to 800,000 of them from North America. This will place it at number two on the list as one of the most watched pay-per-view events in WWE history.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Say bye-bye to Coach. Mick Foley's debuting as SD color man tonight.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, he can't be worse than Coach. But he also has no chance of being better than JBL. God, he needs to stop wrestling and get back on the mic.

Huge 'mania buyrate, apparently:That's ****ing awesome.

But I guess I'm not surprised, since even I plopped down FIFTY-FIVE ****ING DOLLARS for that beautiful, beautiful show.

It's still on my TiVo.

unothadeal
04-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Any good stream for Backlash?

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Ross just said "Adamle and the Tazz," haaaaa.

MattVP starting off!

I could slap a tomato!
I could dry up the seeds!

unothadeal
04-27-2008, 06:11 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/backlash-2008

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Are they trying to use Foley as a heel announcer? He's all but blowing MVP right now.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
MVP's awesome, awesome reign has ended. Great match, though I have no idea why it was the curtain jerker.

I hope this is an excuse to keep MattVP going for another six months.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Are you READY!

For HHH to beat orton clean tonight, after Cena and JBL are eliminated?

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 06:25 PM
"The Big Red Monster, Kane."

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Adamle: "As we look at referee Scott Armstrong--"
Tazz: "That's actually Mike Posey, but good try."

Tazz: "You've got me all flustered here, I'm starting to pull an Adamle."
Adamle: "Don't blame that one on me!"
Tazz: "Yes I can."

LMAO

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Adamle making fun of himself, roflmao

"Don't blame that one on me"

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 06:33 PM
They're just ganging the hell up on Adamle tonight. This is beautiful.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Oh man, Adamle just pooped all over that finish. He's so slow to adjust. He has no wrasslin' instincts.

Adamle: "Kane with the big..."
Tazz: "..."
Adamle: "..."
Tazz: "Boot--"
Adamle: "BOOT!"

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Foley's not working for me as a heel announcer.

Although still better than coach, of course.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Foley's not working for me as a heel announcer.

Although still better than coach, of course.Foley doing the heel thing is bizarre, but he's not terrible, so I'm fine with it.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Khali's off for a month to film a movie, so Big Show should win, and "hurt" him to explain the absence.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 07:15 PM
CRIPPLER CROSSFACE

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/guam.jpg

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 07:19 PM
That was AWESOME.

Oh ****, why is... why is he still selling the knee? :(

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Good match, but did I miss something - what was the point of Jericho as a part of that if he was actually going to referee and not commit hijinx...

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Good match, but did I miss something - what was the point of Jericho as a part of that if he was actually going to referee and not commit hijinx...To give him something to do? I dunno.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Foley's pretty good at this color thang.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Foley's fine, but Cole is dog balls. How that guy has and keeps his job is a mystery.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 08:05 PM
EDGE CAN YA MOVE YER TOES

Another really solid match. Barring THE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME running roughshod, this is a very good PPV.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh my God.

VICKIE LOST ANOTHER ONELMAO

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 08:13 PM
E-lame-inated.

Lillian Adamle, folks.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:16 PM
EDGE CAN YA MOVE YER TOES

Another really solid match. Barring THE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME running roughshod, this is a very good PPV.You know that's exactly what's going to happen...

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Save_Us.C3na?!

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Almost all face victories tonight, so maybe Orton has a shot.

They could really f*ck with everybody and give Cena the win after a heel turn. Piss off the kids and the 18-25 males who hate him, roflmao.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Almost all face victories tonight, so maybe Orton has a shot.

They could really f*ck with everybody and give Cena the win after a heel turn. Piss off the kids and the 18-25 males who hate him, roflmao.Oh God YES.

I really think Orton's going to be hanging on for a while, though.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Another Crossface! What is up with HBK and HHH breaking out the TTB every PPV now?

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Going according to plan. Now HHH beats Orton clean.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 08:33 PM
C*NT P*NTTTTTTTTTTTTT

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:47 PM
HHH about to kick out of the RKO. Hun-Tor can't lose.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:49 PM

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:49 PM
F*ck.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Weird PPV. Faces hold all titles now except for tag.

Ultra Peanut
Keep paddin' those totals, Terra.

Great match, though.

dirk digler
LMAO HHH is back

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:51 PM
LMAO HHH is backIt's like he never left. For 10 years.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:51 PM
I knew it was going to happen and I still f*cking hate it. Now I know how those anti-Cena marks felt last year.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 08:53 PM
This is pretty much what I expected from No Mercy, so at least this didn't happen until 7 months later.

And no matter how bad Raw is going to be, at least I'll be playing GTA IV a few hours later.

On the whole, a very worthy follow-up to WM24.

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 08:54 PM
It's like he never left. For 10 years.

I know I am surprised it took him this long to regain the title.

I was actually starting to like Orton as the champ.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Orton was a great heel champ, he's really grown in the last year. Can't keep the belt on him forever...

I just can't believe people cheer Levesque. It's the same schtick he's been doing since the mid-90s. I wonder how much more of this we have to suffer through. 5 years?

Maybe it's the familiarity. I dunno. The crowd certainly seemed to love it, so I guess I shouldn't be so critical.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Hah, just read a funny point on another board. Sucks to be Punk right now. Ain't no cashing in that MitB for a while, cause your champions are Kane - who'd kill you - 'taker - who'd kill you even faster - and HHH. Yeah, he's losing to Punk.

Hold that briefcase close for about 6 more months, buddy, roflmao. And try not to let them Ken Kennedy you.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 09:31 PM
The other funny point was 'why the f*ck did Cena rush back from that pec tear?"

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 06:12 PM
F*ck that. Just f*ck that a thousand times. **** **** **** **** ****.

God c*nt.

So, to recap, Orton pins Cena at WM despite hitting the kick on HHH, so HHH gets protected, and then Orton gets Cena via the kick again at Backlash, but HHH gets Orton, and gets to kick out of his finisher, so he never really loses to Orton at any point, save for his 3rd match at No Mercyand gets his clean pin over the champ.

God, I hate that cocksucker, and I hate that degenerate f*cking c*nt Stephanie McMahon.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Firings today apparently. ECW has no balls. Dave Taylor's gone, as well. Not sure who else.

Boris The Great
04-28-2008, 06:33 PM
F*ck that. Just f*ck that a thousand times. **** **** **** **** ****.

God c*nt.

So, to recap, Orton pins Cena at WM despite hitting the kick on HHH, so HHH gets protected, and then Orton gets Cena via the kick again at Backlash, but HHH gets Orton, and gets to kick out of his finisher, so he never really loses to Orton at any point, save for his 3rd match at No Mercyand gets his clean pin over the champ.

God, I hate that cocksucker, and I hate that degenerate f*cking c*nt Stephanie McMahon.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/329/hhhcrybt8.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 06:50 PM
The other funny point was 'why the f*ck did Cena rush back from that pec tear?"

Someone had to job to Orton at WM, and it damn sure wasn't going to be HHH.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2008, 06:59 PM
The ax is swinging. My next guess? ROBBEH and probably Rory.

You know why Cena winning the title would have been infinitely more tolerable? He's not a goddamned belt mark.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Cena's filming a movie right now, he wasn't going to win. It was either going to be HHH or Orton. Since Chubby the Cowboy had no shot.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Regal's coronation is tonight, should be good.

Kennedy's returning tonight, as well (think he was also doing a movie). I wonder if they'll give him Punk's briefcase?

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Raw is Levesque.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Orton wins last night and he is the guy. Of course, Haitch can't let that happen. Now he gets to be Hun-Tor's bitch for the next two months.

It's time....time to lay down for THE GAME.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 07:05 PM
The Age of Orton is like Hulkamania, Lawler, it will never die.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 07:07 PM
I wish I could bet on things like HHH would have a 25 minute monologue to open Raw.

It's 2003, bitches!!! w00t.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
It blows my mind to hear people cheering for him.

I mean, you've seen this show before, folks. Over. And Over. And over.

Well, each passing day is a step closer to retirement.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Orton is the King of the Heels.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 07:12 PM
It blows my mind to hear people cheering for him.

I mean, you've seen this show before, folks. Over. And Over. And over.

Well, each passing day is a step closer to retirement.

HHH pulling an HBK "Get the hell out of my ring."

Cue Cena music....

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 07:12 PM
I

AM

HUN-

TOR!

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
What the hell? Are Cade and Murdoch going gay?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 07:50 PM
I can't watch this shit. I'm going to the gym.

Let me know how Haitch buries Orton in the ME.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Of course. They have to ruin this great Regal moment with Ken f*cking worthless ass Kennedy.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2008, 08:28 PM
MURDOCH IS GOD

Murdoch vs. Cena vs. Jericho in a Country-Rap-Rock Triple Threat for the World Title. NOW.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2008, 08:54 PM
A Muraco and Fuji clip! Awesome!

Heidenreich? On my TV?!

Santino told Piper to do the truffle shuffle. Holy shit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 09:04 PM
We'll see you Thursday on Thunder???

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 09:04 PM
That ending was so gay ...

Mecca
04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Whoever thought up that ending should be shot in the face, that's a hardcore bait and switch.

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Now that sucked and was complete BS. Why ruin a good match?

Reaper16
It was in Jersey... they were mocking The Sopranos with that ending.

Mile High Mania
This is what happens when WWE has no real competition...

TNA really needs to get their shit together, release the spares behind the curtain that destroyed WCW and get their act together.

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 09:09 PM

Oh, well that makes it cool. :spock: I don't care how hard they try... Regal will never ever be viewed as anything more than a spare.

Mecca
04-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Now that sucked and was complete BS. Why ruin a good match?

They're more concerned with getting Regal over than their mainevent match.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Oh my God.

That is the worst.

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 09:21 PM

Aww..still stupid

They're more concerned with getting Regal over than their mainevent match.

Yeah I don't get why they are pushing Regal but not CM Punk

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Regal-Punk would have been a great feud for both of them.

I WANT TO WATCH LAW AND ORDER! CHANGE THE BLOODY FEED!

Mecca
04-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Regal is good friends with the H man...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 09:26 PM
So now Orton gets to job to HHH at two straight PPVs.

Could he please get caught balls deep in Jillian Hall??

Mecca
04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
So now Orton gets to job to HHH at two straight PPVs.

Could he please get caught balls deep in Jillian Hall??

I'll sign up for THAT job. Jillian has tremendous boobs.

BigRock
04-28-2008, 09:40 PM
YOU KNOW YOU WANT MAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
YOU CAN'T TAKE YOUR EYES AWAY FROM MAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
I'M THE HOTTEST THING SINCE SLICED BRRRRRRREAAAAAAD
WHEN STEPH SEES HHH BALLS DEEP IN ME, SHE'LL TURN REEEEEEEED

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 09:52 PM
I'll sign up for THAT job. Jillian has tremendous boobs.

She does, but God why can't this guy do something to get divorced from McMahonagement so we can have a realistic title picture??

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Hahahahaha:

If Regal really wanted to be a heel, he should have started showing TNA.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 11:10 PM
That was an epically bad Raw.

keg in kc
04-30-2008, 03:24 PM
So, you know how I like to mention I don't get the weird way CM Punk is booked...

Last night was a prime example.

Just to cover history, immediately after WM, he loses clean to Jericho (which is okay, nothing wrong with that). Loses again (IIRC) after that. Then last week on Raw, he loses to Regal for King of the Ring (which is okay, Regal's the perfect King character...), after beating Matt Hardy and Jericho clean. And then last night, he gets utterly obliterated by...Chuck Polumbo. On ECW, a show he was champion on not too long ago. This is your the MitB winner. Made to look like a 90 pound weakling against a midcarder. I don't get it. Why did they give him the briefcase.

(In other MitB weirdness, Shelton Benjamin lost clean again to Kofi Kingston; they're pushing that cat to the moon. Which is fine, he's entertaining...)

Mecca
04-30-2008, 05:05 PM
As noted earlier, a person by the name of Matthew Randazzo plans on writing a book on WWE called "Ring of Hell." It will be released in July by Phoenix Books. The book will chronicle the use of racial slurs on the part of WWE executives in the workplace. One WWE writer told Randazzo: "Brother Love and Michael Hayes would also routinely make racist jokes. I heard them use the 'n' word a few times."

Randazzo also claimed that a WWE production member asked him to release the following statement anonymously:

Michael Hayes 60-day suspension for allegedly making racist comments comes as no surprise to anyone who has ever worked with him. Since Stephanie took over the reigns of Creative, bringing him on-board after Russo and Ferrera left for WCW, Hayes has been a racist boor making n-jokes at every writers' meeting -- until one day that he was shocked and offended that Stephanie hired an African-American Writer's Assistant in 2003.

Stephanie called this talented young man in for an interview while Hayes was on holiday since she knew that Hayes being on the interview panel would have led to Hayes saying something racist and causing a lawsuit even before the African American candidate for the job was hired (every potential writer is interviewed by every sitting member of the writing teams of all shows in a panel format, prior to meeting with Stephanie). He was eventually hired.

When Hayes found out that an African-American was hired for the job, he thought that he was being ribbed. He said to someone who used to work at the WWE at the time who wishes to remain anonymous: 'Hired WHAT as a writer? I didn't know those boys can even write their name. Let's take bets on how long he will last here.' Needless to say, the African-American writer lasted less than 4 months at WWE Creative, with Hayes constantly burying him to Stephanie; and he actually made racist jokes in front of the said writer. The writer never made a formal complaint, which boggles the mind, and it allowed Hayes to continue on in his position.

Since the African-American writer, at least two other visible minorities have been hired by Stephanie, and always when Hayes is on vacation. Only one has survived more than 6 months, and that is current writer Dave Kapoor, who is of East-Indian descent. For the record, Hayes has made fun of him constantly whenever Kapoor isn't around, calling him and The Great Khali 'Our two resident sand-[n-words].'

Several other people within WWE backed up this and other stories regarding Hayes this past week.

Mecca
04-30-2008, 05:15 PM
To add to that story Hayes apparently dropped the N word to Mark Henry saying "i'm more N- than you are" He should feel fortunate Mark didn't kill him...

He's also supposedly the reason Lashley and Kristall wanted out of the company.

Boris The Great
04-30-2008, 06:23 PM
All this Hayes talk is BS. I refuse to believe that a guy who wore the confederate flag as a cape for his ring entrance might be a racist.

Boris The Great
04-30-2008, 06:28 PM
I don\'t get it. Why did they give him the briefcase.

They gave him the briefcase because sometime in the next year he will get a title match. It doesnt mean they will book him like the world champion until it happens. Edge won MITB and was losing to Kane and Matt Hardy. RVD lost to Shelton Benjamin and Spirit Squad after he won MITB. The briefcase doesnt mean jack until they decide its time to do the title match.

keg in kc
04-30-2008, 09:00 PM
They gave him the briefcase because sometime in the next year he will get a title match. It doesnt mean they will book him like the world champion until it happens. Edge won MITB and was losing to Kane and Matt Hardy. RVD lost to Shelton Benjamin and Spirit Squad after he won MITB. The briefcase doesnt mean jack until they decide its time to do the title match.Actually, they cave him the briefcase because Jeff Hardy was suspended for drugs, and they didn't have a fallback plan. They apparently didn't decide on punk until a few minutes before the match went on and had no long-term plan in mind. And it appears they still have no long-term plan in mind.

They're booking him right now the same way they've been booking him for over a year. He'll win one week and look great. He'll lose the next week and look like the worst guy in the company. It's very...weird.

Ultra Peanut
05-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Such is the life of a midcarder. It's no big deal.

Mr. Kotter
05-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Haven't most professional wrestling fans moved on to.... NASCAR or Ultimate Fighting.... :hmmm:

;)

Ultra Peanut
05-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Are you sure you logged in to the right account to make that post?

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2008, 04:09 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ccog02xSIo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ccog02xSIo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

keg in kc
05-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Oh my f*cking god.

Hulk Hogan series lands at CMT
'Celebrity Championship Wrestling' to debut this fall
By Kimberly Nordyke

May 2, 2008, 01:00 AM

CMT is getting in the wrestling ring with Hulk Hogan.

The network has ordered eight episodes of the competition series "Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling" for a fall debut.

The series will feature 10 celebrities competing for the title of "Celebrity All-Star Wrestling Champion" through challenges and elimination matches. Two former pro wrestlers will train the contestants, with Hogan and former World Championship Wrestling president Eric Bischoff serving as judges. A third judge along with the competitors and trainers will be announced later.

Hogan is credited as creator and executive producer of the series with Bischoff and Jason Hervey of Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment.

Hogan said he's looking "to shake things up" in terms of sports entertainment with "something different and more contemporary."

Ultra Peanut
05-02-2008, 02:40 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ccog02xSIo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ccog02xSIo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>So that means I've got a 141 and 2/3rd chance of winning, you see Mick... JOE!

New plan to save_TNA: 30 minutes of Shimmer wrestlers, 30 minutes of male wrestling, 60 minutes of Steiner promos. Also, Steiner and Mike Adamle announce.

Sfeihc
05-02-2008, 05:21 AM
Let me tap the collective brain power and ask WTF kind of angles is the WWE producing this week. First, Regal takes the RAW broadcast off the air in the midst of a WWE Championship match and then Adamle walks and "The" Tazz follows. What in the name of the wide, wide world of sports(entertainment) is going on here?

Ultra Peanut
05-02-2008, 06:30 AM
The fact that you're thinking about this stuff, some 60 hours after ECW aired, is probably exactly why they're doing it. It also seems to be part of an effort to gain more traffic and relevance for WWE.com.

Ultra Peanut
05-02-2008, 06:46 AM
"My friend-ah Jared and I do not have to take this from-ah you! You are nothing, you cow! Moo moo! You are worse officer than-a-the Boss Bigman, who is dead!"

World Wrestling Entertainment's Santino Marella was arrested at 2:57 AM this morning on charges of Driving Under the Influence after being stopped at 6301 Westshore Boulevard in Tampa, Florida. Marella is currently being held on $500 bond. I'm sure we'll have more on this later today.http://i29.tinypic.com/t7yann.jpg

I didn't really think about this, but he actually has to walk around every day with that hair. Awesome.

Sfeihc
05-02-2008, 07:32 AM
The fact that you're thinking about this stuff, some 60 hours after ECW aired, is probably exactly why they're doing it. It also seems to be part of an effort to gain more traffic and relevance for WWE.com.

I DVR rasslin' so I can watch it on my time. So it takes me a couple of days to watch what I've recorded. Thanks for you answer, makes sense to me with Styles making the shift to wwe.com.

keg in kc
05-02-2008, 10:59 AM
What I read yesterday about Santino was that he was well under at .08 BAC, so he wasn't legally drunk, but he was stumbling around and basically out of it.

Wonder if that means he's a lightweight, or if he had some additional "recreational" help.

BigRock
05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
His BAC was under the limit a few hours later when they tested him. It doesn't mean he wasn't drunk when they pulled him over.

http://i9.tinypic.com/6frr7kl.gif

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 04:08 PM
May be a weird Raw tonight. Apparently everybody from all brands are supposed to be at the show.

Also, Punk vs...Randy Orton?

Mecca
05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Don't be surprised if Massaro gets nasty chants tonight and is fired shortly, she has been linked to an escort service...

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Don't be surprised if Massaro gets nasty chants tonight and is fired shortly, she has been linked to an escort service...I'd heard that it wasn't actually her, but that a few was days ago.

She should get fired because she sucks...

Mecca
05-05-2008, 06:49 PM
I'd heard that it wasn't actually her, but that a few was days ago.

She should get fired because she sucks...

It's her on a forum I read they found her page on the escort site it's listed as her hometown as New York, Massaro is from Long Island the girl they claimed she was being confused with is from Vegas...do the math...

Also..

As Buck Woodward wrote over the weekend, WWE's Ashley Massaro was implicated as being part of an escort service run by Michelle "Nici" Braun in an article that was published in the current issue of Rolling Stone, written by the magazine's Contributing Editor Michelle Grigoriadis.

According to Grigoriadis' piece, the FBI monitored emails between Massaro and "Bella Models" which Braun ran as the front for the escort service, arranging transportation for Massaro in 2004. The monitored emails (and many other email exchanges between the agency and others, models and clients alike, from 2004 through last year) were used as building blocks for a search warrant executed during a raid on Braun's home October 2007.

Massaro came out publicly against the allegations almost immediately on her MySpace.com blog, penning, "Just got buzzed on some BS that is going around. Dont believe it for a second. Getting in touch with my lawyer as we speak. No post song because I'm beyond upset." Masarro has not commented since.

One theory that making the rounds online after word of the RS article broke was the idea that WWE's Massaro is being confused with another woman who goes by the same name. However, according to Grigoriadis' piece, Braun's escort service was made up almost exclusively of high-end women recruited "from the ranks of Playboy models and porn stars." It was what set them apart from other agencies and what made Braun her fortune. While Massaro wasn't with WWE at the time of the monitored emails, she was indeed, already involved with Playboy.

The timeline mentioned in the Rolling Stone article is very important here. The article noted the year of the FBI monitored emails between Massaro and Bella Models was 2004. That would be a year prior to Massaro winning the 2005 Diva Search competition and signing on with World Wrestling Entertainment full-time.

However, as noted, Massaro would have already been involved with Playboy, modeling under the stage name "Mackenzie Ryan". In 2003, Massaro took part in Playboy's 50th Anniversary Playmate Search, posing for a magazine dedicated to the search. She was also featured as Playboy.com's Cyber Girl for January 2004. While WWE has played up a storyline that Ashley's character first posed for the magazine in 2007, the reality is that Massaro had appeared previously for Playboy and those pre-WWE appearances do theoretically fit neatly into the same period as the FBI emails cited in the article.

The Rolling Stone piece noted that Braun had been soliciting Playmates through one of Playboy owner Hugh Hefner's girlfriends, who, had a connection to Braun and "was willing to solicit other Playmates and [Hefner] girlfriends." It stands to reason that Massaro would know those who traveled in those circles by virtue of her modeling work for the magazine and the escort service specifically provided services for those looking to meet high-end, beautiful, somewhat celebrity women that would otherwise be unattainable had it not been for the size of the johns' wallets.

Now, I concede there's always a possibility that another woman was using the same stage name during that time period, but I've been unable to find anything that lends credence to that theory. All research for the name "Ashley Massaro" only turns up information relating to the WWE performer. One reader who actually sent us a link to the "other" Ashley's website mistakenly sent us to photos of a pre-WWE, pre-tattooed Ashley.

A case of mistaken identity? Involving Rolling Stone magazine and a writer that has a great track record? Well, the odds that there was a mix-up involving another woman going by the same name (one that isn't exactly Jane Doe when it comes to being common), with connections to Playboy during the same time frame at the 2004 emails seems almost astronomical.

Still, despite all that, could this still just be a case of mistaken identity for the self-proclaimed "Dirty, dirty Diva"?

When reached via email over the weekend regarding the Massaro aspect of her Rolling Stone piece, RS Contributing Editor Michelle Grigoriadis didn't seem to believe so. When informed of Massaro's denial and the online theories, Grigoriadis commented, "Obviously, I stand by my story. Massaro is named in an FBI search warrant that was executed on Michelle Braun's property in October, 2007. I have no knowledge of another woman by the same name."

Gossip website TMZ.com picked up on the Massaro story over the weekend, but were unable to reach World Wrestling Entertainment for comment at the time. As of this writing, WWE has not publicly responded to or acknowledged the story.

World Wrestling Entertainment is taping Raw tonight in Toronto, so Massaro should be scheduled to be at the taping. Should she make a live appearance on the show, we'll know soon enough if the Toronto fans acknowledge the story.

Mike Johnson can be reached at Mike@PWInsider.com.

pwinsder.com

Mecca
05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Some of the other people linked in that case are Krystal Steel and Lanny Barbie if I was gonna pay for sex I think they'd be much higher on the list than Massaro.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
No shit.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 07:10 PM
It's a shame they're wasting Regal's brilliance on the steaming turd that is Ken Kennedy.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 07:17 PM
"If you want to maintain your position and your power, don't go to war with me".

I paraphrase, but either way truer words have perhaps never been spoken on Raw.

And what's up with these "tag team versus entire roster" matches this year?

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Trish had a very Jenna Jameson look there. Maybe it was the TV I'm on.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 07:47 PM
OMG, turning off Jim Ross' mic and bringing down Mike Adamle. Classic roflmao.

Regal's getting insane heat for all this.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 07:51 PM
I don't know who that chick is but she looked like she hurt herself.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 07:51 PM
OMG, turning off Jim Ross' mic and bringing down Mike Adamle. Classic roflmao.

Regal's getting insane heat for all this.

Usually they piss me off when they do that. I like JR. This guy's not bad though.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Is Jericho about to take a heel turn?

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 07:53 PM
They've been teasing a jericho turn for weeks, but so far haven't followed through.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 07:54 PM
They've been teasing a jericho turn for weeks, but so far haven't followed through.

I know it's easier to be a heel and all, but Jericho is ****ing awesome at it.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 07:54 PM
It's cool being able to watch Raw on the east coast feed in HD. I'll have to partake more often.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I know it's easier to be a heel and all, but Jericho is ****ing awesome at it.They'll get there eventually I'm sure.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 08:00 PM
It's cool being able to watch Raw on the east coast feed in HD. I'll have to partake more often.I'm watching on a 19" SD tv while I edit video.

Whee.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 08:00 PM
They'll get there eventually I'm sure.

I got a hunch tonight's the night. Jericho is gonna whip his ass before this match is over.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I was wrong.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Punk and Orton should be...interesting.

And I could swear I saw Punk's face on the promo for the "HHH/Kennedy vs. ECW match later". No way they're going to make him work a second time after he eats an RKO.

Come to think of it, Miz/Nitro were on it too, I think.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 08:15 PM
"I wish ECW superstars were on Raw more often".

Wha?

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 08:16 PM
rofl

I can't believe they're doing this.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Piper looks like santa without a beard.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Do my ears deceive me or am I hearing a "DUI" chant? ROFL

big nasty kcnut
05-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Ok i cant believe piper said that and for goodness sake push dh smith.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Time to see if Hun-Tor can demolish the entire ECW roster by himself.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, I guess the point of the match was that Hun-Tor is a badass and even ECW hates ECW.

Ultra Peanut
05-06-2008, 01:08 AM
Time to see if Hun-Tor can demolish the entire ECW roster by himself.Yes.

What the **** point was there for guys like Dreamer and Punk and Kofi to still be charging HHH after the match was over?

Ultra Peanut
05-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Jesus Christ, Estrada looks like a video game character or something. Who knew?

ECW on Sci-Fi's 100th episode was quite enjoyable, I thought.

keg in kc
05-07-2008, 01:30 AM
It wasn't bad.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Mike Adamle. I can't imagine what it's like to go down and give the speech he gave, get the reaction he got, and then have every superstar who sits in for commentary slam him over and over. Sucks to be him, whether they're milking the situation or not.

Ultra Peanut
05-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Yeah, and he really is improving. A little.

They should definitely keep the "wrestler hangs out with the commentators" thing going. It helps reduce the load on Adamle, and it helps the wrestlers work on their mic skills in a live/live-to-tape broadcast situation.

keg in kc
05-07-2008, 02:13 AM
I think you're right. Especially on an hour-long show like ECW, it helps get some of the personalities across, because you can't have every guy on every week.

Ultra Peanut
05-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Torrie Wilson has been shot out of the future endeavors cannon.

keg in kc
05-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Smackdown's watchable again now that Coach is gone. Mick's not bad, as long as they don't actually show him on camera.

The show would really be good if they could drop Michael Cole for somebody competent.

Ah well, at least there were some good matches this week.

Ultra Peanut
05-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Edge's valiant return from injury was definitely the highlight of the show.

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
HEY

NOTHING YOU CAN SAY

NOTHING'S GONNA CHANGE HOW MUCH THE NEW SONG SUCKS

Reaper16
05-13-2008, 03:31 PM
HEY

NOTHING YOU CAN SAY

NOTHING'S GONNA CHANGE HOW MUCH THE NEW SONG SUCKS
I was instantly furious when I didn't hear the "HEY! NOTHING YOU CAN SAY! (SAY!)" when Orton came out. That new song is terrible. It's even worse than Jeff Hardy's current song.

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2008, 03:47 PM
It honestly sapped any enthusiasm I had for watching the rest of Raw. I felt betrayed.

BigRock
05-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I remember reading like 2 years ago that Orton hated his theme music. It's surprising it lasted so long.

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I remember reading like 2 years ago that Orton hated his theme music. It's surprising it lasted so long.That always made me like it even more, for some reason.

Hopefully, this is just another This Fire Burns for him and he returns to Burn in My Light next week.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2GSdDtURDRQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2GSdDtURDRQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Then they can give the shitty new theme to Colt Cabana.

big nasty kcnut
05-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Ok first melina got pawned by the glamazon. Now phil got beat by the miz. Also hbk pawned y2j great move if they could they should have hbk say da devil made him do it.

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2008, 08:42 PM
REALITY CHECK REALITY CHECK HE HITS IT OUTTA NOWHERE EVERY TIME MIKE!!!!!

keg in kc
05-13-2008, 08:45 PM
I haven't watched the show, but I'm shocked that CM Punk would lose.

Mark my words, he's going to be the first MitB winner to lose his title match (if he gets one - I'm thinking Hardy ends up with the briefcase after seeing his return last night).

It's comedy at this point.

keg in kc
05-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Kane does down as well, then Miz/Morrison destroy them post-match.

Normally that means the faces win on the PPV.

Ultra Peanut
05-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Oh no, they're burying Kane! He must be in the doghouse!

keg in kc
05-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Bit of a spoiler...

CM YoYo beats Polumbo clean with a GTS on SD. So he gets his ass utterly kicked by biker Chuck a couple weeks back, then loses to The Miz, then turns around and beats biker Chuck.

Maybe they book him using the 'rock, paper, scissors' method.

Anywho, looks like a couple interesting matches on the show.

Ultra Peanut
05-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Would you rather they treat him like Elijah Burke?

Mecca
05-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Really there's no reason to bitch about Punks booking, he can't go over everyone he'll have no one to face...

If you wanna bitch about something how about the fact that they're likely about to put tag belts on a throw together team like Punk and Kane.....considering Miz and Morrison are actually entertaining and could get the belts back over I'm not surprised at this dumb idea..

Ultra Peanut
05-14-2008, 11:01 PM
The tag belts mean very little, really. So on one hand, that's really annoying in and of itself, and on the other, Morrison's ****ing awesome and he's going to be fine regardless of what happens. I hope they keep Miz-n-Morrison together for at least a few more months past Judgement Day, though.

And as little as they mean, putting a tag title on Punk alongside Kane will give them a chance to throw him out there against people he wouldn't have otherwise been able to face (and provide even more of a reason for him to show up regularly on Smackdown), so that's a plus.

I'd kind of like to see PunKane take the tag titles and Morrison win the ECW title. That could be a fun little role reversal.

keg in kc
05-15-2008, 02:29 AM
I wouldn't take the belts off Miz and Morrison now, either, and I don't like Kane in ECW at all, much less holding titles. Although maybe it's time to go solo with Morrison again. He looked great against Blahtista and held up fine against Kane. Maybe it's time to get him out of the team and into a singles push. Miz has surprised me, too. I never thought he'd ever be anything as a wrestler, but that team isn't all Morrison anymore. He's pulling his own weight, at least a little.

The thing about Punk isn't so much that I'm upset about it as confused by it. Either give him a push or don't; don't waffle back and forth from week to week. Hell, what I probably would have done is had him go heel and feud with Hardy, druggie versus straight-edge, although that's probably not a smart thing to do (politically) with Hardy's problems. Although I read he's really over on tomorrow's show (punk, I mean) so maybe turning him heel would be bad.

As for Burke, I don't know what's up there. That guy's entertaining.

That pretty much goes with the entire ECW roster and program. It's getting more and more like Impact to me. I still watch, but it's sort of a 'why?' thing these days.

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2008, 07:35 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mcWPE8o3jDI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mcWPE8o3jDI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BigRock
05-15-2008, 08:48 PM
RVD agrees to train Warrior. RVD's wife gets ass cancer.

Connect the dots, Rob.

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm thirty minutes into iMPACT!. Abyss' promo.

I quit.

Oh hey, Burn Notice is on. That's a fun show. I hope they show episodes after Raw this summer.