PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

petegz28
09-08-2013, 10:16 PM
He can't get a whopping 20 yards off the line and create separation? Against Jacksonville?

Really?

Smith hit Dex on a 21 yard seam route today. It was a great pass. What's your point?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:17 PM
I just asked you a question. What deep threat do we have at WR?

That's a good question. Maybe we can someday find out if we actually chuck the ball beyond 10 yards?

aturnis
09-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Of course it has to get better. No one is saying it was perfect. And have you EVER heard a coach say "our offense doesn't need to improve"?

Didn't hear him say the defense needs to improve.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Smith hit Dex on a 21 yard seam route today. It was a great pass. What's your point?

And he hit Fasano with a sweet deep throw that he dropped.

petegz28
That's a good question. Maybe we can someday find out if we actually chuck the ball beyond 10 yards?

I just told you, Smith hit Dex on a 21 yard seam route. 0 YAC. So what was your point???

Sweet Daddy Hate
I just told you, Smith hit Dex on a 21 yard seam route. 0 YAC. So what was your point???

Sounds like you answered your own question.

petegz28
Didn't hear him say the defense needs to improve.

Dude, go over to the Mane and be done with it.

petegz28
09-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Sounds like you answered your own question.

I don't consider 20 yards a deep threat. You said Smith won't throw over 10 yards. I pointed out that you were wrong.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:19 PM
You really don't care as long as we win, I get that. Fine.

petegz28
09-08-2013, 10:20 PM

Well, W's are what matter. The rest is all noise. Or as they say, "stats are for losers"

Sweet Daddy Hate
I don't consider 20 yards a deep threat. You said Smith won't throw over 10 yards. I pointed out that you were wrong.

Okay, I was wrong. He can throw 21 yards. That's very impressive. Perhaps we can build on that.

LowExpectations
When did Bowe get slow?

Yeah, I was unaware Bowe was this slow, plodding type.

Anquan Boldin had 13 for 206 today and is pretty damned slow. Terrible excuses.

ShowtimeSBMVP

Would you rather have a QB with Eli numbers tonight and a L or Alex numbers and a W?

mdchiefsfan
I'm sorry. But if you're going to imply that we don't have the receivers required for a deep threat, then I have to stand against you. That is pretty absurd.

LowExpectations
Okay, I was wrong. He can throw 21 yards. That's very impressive. Perhaps we can build on that.

ROFL

petegz28
09-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Okay, I was wrong.

Yes, we know

ChiefsCountry
Would you rather have a QB with Eli numbers tonight and a L or Alex numbers and a W?

Eli has won two fucking Super Bowls douche.

beach tribe
I'm sure that's why Reid acknowledged that the offense has to be better.

IT was THE FIRST GAME. We should, need to, and I would imagine WILL get better. What is your damage?

Has anyone saiod it was a GREAT game? Show me that. He did what he needed to to win. It will take more than that to win toughter games in the future.
Ever heard the term MID SEASON FORM? I would imagine that wasnt it.

petegz28
I'm sorry. But if you're going to imply that we don't have the receivers required for a deep threat, then I have to stand against you. That is pretty absurd.

We don't have speedsters. We have more speed than we had but we don't exactly have Jackson\Maclin either.

Sweet Daddy Hate
ROFL

Sometimes it's more fun to just roll with the absurdity...:D

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Eli has won two ****ing Super Bowls douche.

That's not the ? just numbers from today's games.

petegz28
Eli has won two ****ing Super Bowls douche.

So how did that fare for him tonight? He was talking about tonight.

LowExpectations
Hate to tell the smart ones here that I told you so about the WR's getting blame eventually....but....I told you so.

Welcome to life with Alex Smith nuthuggers.

beach tribe
Avery looks very fast. Is a fine deep threat.

petegz28
09-08-2013, 10:23 PM

We will see.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Hate to tell the smart ones here that I told you so about the WR's getting blame eventually....but....I told you so.

Welcome to life with Alex Smith nuthuggers.

They're not being "blamed" at this point, they just don't have the full skill set necessary to unleash Alex's Dragon!LMAO

LowExpectations
09-08-2013, 10:25 PM
They're not being "blamed" at this point, they just don't have the full skill set necessary to unleash Alex's Dragon!LMAO

Dude, you guys better trade Bowe NOW to the Panthers for Ted Ginn. Dude lit it up with Alex in SF. SPEEEED NEEDED! ROFL

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 10:26 PM
We don't have speedsters. We have more speed than we had but we don't exactly have Jackson\Maclin either.

Other than Avery we don't have speed, but god damn if we don't have height to throw over the top of defenders. Trust me, we have deep threats on this team, they just need to be utilized as such. I am fine with the technique we are using currently, but if it starts hindering us, there is an issue.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 10:28 PM

So you admit we have a deep threat? Exactly my point. We can't say there is no deep threat on this team

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:28 PM
We don't have speed, but god damn if we don't have height to throw over the top of defenders. Trust me, we have deep threats on this team, they just need to be utilized as such. I am fine with the technique we are using currently, but if it starts hindering us, there is an issue.

I'm not advocating deep passes for the sake of deep passes. I am however advocating a balanced playbook that can utilize the talent beyond intermediate routes and relying on God Charles.

Let's face it:

As it stands today, if Charles should get hurt, we are SQUARELY fucked.

splatbass
09-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Its obvious that no matter what happens some here are going to cry about it.

For some of them negativity is a knee jerk reaction. They literally thrive on being negative. If we won the SB they would still bitch about it.

Optimist = glass half full
Pessimist = glass half empty
CP hater = oh no!!! We're all going to drown!!!!!!!!

aturnis
09-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Its obvious that no matter what happens some here are going to cry about it.

I really dont know why Im wasting my time here.

These same people were the ones talking about our winning % in FL.
We blow them out, and they are back crying about not throwing for 300 yards when there was no reason whatso****ing ever to do so.

Im done.

I feel the same way. I feel like you're happy with the hot load the offense blew on your back and you feel you should be thankful for it.

I never said shit about our win percentage in Florida. These are not those Chiefs. I expected to win handily. Expected Alex Smith would have had a better day too, even though I believe he is a nothing.

I don't care about his stat line. I care about what I see him do. I care that he converted only 4 of the 13 3rd downs we passed on.

Everything Alice did today if everything that was expected. Yet you guys want to pretend it'll change. What we saw today is exactly what Smith has done the last 2 year's. Forgive me if I want my QB to be capable of more than not getting in the way.

beach tribe
09-08-2013, 10:31 PM
So you admit we have a deep threat? Exactly my point. We can't say there is no deep threat on this team
Our WRs are MORE than adequate IMO.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm not advocating deep passes for the sake of deep passes. I am however advocating a balanced playbook that can utilize the talent beyond intermediate routes and relying on God Charles.

Let's face it:

As it stands today, if Charles should get hurt, we are SQUARELY ****ed.

It is quite easy to say that things need to be accomplished without Charles in the offense, but should we not use Charles to gain every possible advantage we can? Every offense has that fulcrum player. For some teams it is a QB, but in actuality how many teams can boast that? If it's a RB then fine we need to leverage that ability to the max. We are what we are. This is how we win; but to act like it is as easy as snapping your fingers, and finding a player that can replace Charles, as the focal point of the offense, is asinine.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:35 PM
I feel the same way. I feel like you're happy with the hot load the offense blew on your back and you feel you should be thankful for it.

I never said shit about our win percentage in Florida. These are not those Chiefs. I expected to win handily. Expected Alex Smith would have had a better day too, even though I believe he is a nothing.

I don't care about his stat line. I care about what I see him do. I care that he converted only 4 of the 13 3rd downs we passed on.

Everything Alice did today if everything that was expected. Yet you guys want to pretend it'll change. What we saw today is exactly what Smith has done the last 2 year's. Forgive me if I want my QB to be capable of more than not getting in the way.

Welcome to the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait.

aturnis
09-08-2013, 10:36 PM
That's not the ? just numbers from today's games.

I'll take the occasional loss of it means I also get the occasional Superbowl.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:36 PM
It is quite easy to say that things need to be accomplished without Charles in the offense, but should we not use Charles to gain every possible advantage we can? Every offense has that fulcrum player. For some teams it is a QB, but in actuality how many teams can boast that? If it's a RB then fine we need to leverage that ability to the max. We are what we are. This is how we win; but to act like it is as easy as snapping your fingers, and finding a player that can replace Charles, as the focal point of the offense, is asinine.

How did I say we should not use Charles? I believe I said the opposite.

aturnis
09-08-2013, 10:37 PM
We will see.

No. We won't.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 10:38 PM

You choose to vote against him, because you would rather be happily proven wrong than step out on a ledge and hope for the best. That spells ghey to me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:38 PM
I'll take the occasional loss of it means I also get the occasional Superbowl.

This.

It's the same old argument again:

Do you want to be respectable, or do you want to maybe suck some ass in the regular season and then light it the fuck up in the play offs?

Do you have a QB who can put the team on his back and make that happen?

Again; welcome to the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Let's face it:

As it stands today, if Charles should get hurt, we are SQUARELY ****ed.

Like this

Tribal Warfare
09-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Eli has won two fucking Super Bowls douche.

IN the motherfucking clutch against a future HOF QB also

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Like this

Do we not rely on him? If he's out of the picture are we not fucked?

Cat chase tail? WTF?

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Do we not rely on him? If he's out of the picture are we not ****ed?

Cat chase tail? WTF?

But you pimp high caliber QBs as the way to win. Would that not be relying on them to stay healthy as well? Not everyone can have a Rodgers or Brady. We have what we have and are forced to rely upon it. Deal with it.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 10:45 PM
If Rodgers or Brady were out of the picture would they be fucked?

beach tribe
09-08-2013, 10:46 PM

I have stated repeatedly that this is what Smith would do. Give us the chance to win almost every game while having slightly better #s than with San Fran because of the increased attempts.
Its not gonna change.
I do expect us to get better than we were in our 1st game, but Smith is what he is. A guy who gives us the same chance SF had in being a play away from the SB.

THE DIFFERENCE is we both know this, but even after a win, you bitch and moan non stop instead of enjoying what we knew he would bring. Accept it and move on. Youre fucking crying doesnt change anything.
If you have to have the big #s to enjoy winning, youre gonna have to wait for Bray.
We have half last years win total already. Were you expecting a SB run, if so, I got news for ya.
When manning retires, Bray will be ready to rape the AFC.
Until then, try to enjoy a PO push, and the type of QB play that wins 26 out of 31 games. If our D is what I think they are, we could very well be in an AFCCG next season.
Our D is gonna rape. Charles is gonna rape, and AS is gonna play very efficiently.

aturnis
09-08-2013, 10:49 PM
But you pimp high caliber QBs as the way to win. Would that not be relying on them to stay healthy as well? Not everyone can have a Rodgers or Brady. We have what we have and are forced to rely upon it. Deal with it.

?

With a good to great QB, you can loss your #1producer and still be effective.

With a below average QB, any loss can be crippling.

Regardless of which type of QB you have, if you lose your #1 QB, you are likely fucked.

I'd say you're better off with your offense relying on the QB than the QB relying on the offense.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:49 PM

I pimp them as the way to win championships consistently, and nothing you say or bring to the table is going to change that view. It is what it is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:50 PM
?

Regardless of which type of QB you have, if you lose your #1 QB, you are likely fucked.

I'd say you're better off with your offense relying on the QB than the QB relying on the offense.

Thank you.

Jakemall
09-08-2013, 10:50 PM
I have stated repeatedly that this is what Smith would do. Give us the chance to win almost every game while having slightly better #s than with San Fran because of the increased attempts.
Its not gonna change.
I do expect us to get better than we were in our 1st game, but Smith is what he is. A guy who gives us the same chance SF had in being a play away from the SB.

THE DIFFERENCE is we both know this, but even after a win, you bitch and moan non stop instead of enjoying what we knew he would bring. Accept it and move on. Youre ****ing crying doesnt change anything.
If you have to have the big #s to enjoy winning, youre gonna have to wait for Bray.
We have half last years win total already. Were you expecting a SB run, if so, I got news for ya.
Until then, try to enjoy a PO push, and the type of QB play that wins 26 out of 31 games. If our D is what I think they are, we could very well be in an AFCCG next season.
Our D is gonna rape. Charles is gonna rape, and AS is gonna play very efficiently.

And every now and then he'll do something amazing just to make you think he is a complete stud, then he'll revert back to being efficient and unassuming. To his credit, he does seem to step up when the team needs it most for the most part.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Its not gonna change.

THE DIFFERENCE is we both know this, but even after a win, you bitch and moan non stop instead of enjoying what we knew he would bring. Accept it and move on. Youre fucking crying doesnt change anything.

I don't have to have the big numbers.

You however...:evil:

Jakemall
09-08-2013, 10:52 PM
?

Regardless of which type of QB you have, if you lose your #1 QB, you are likely ****ed.

Do you remember when Emmitt Smith had a hold out with the cowboys? How'd that work out for Aikman?

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 10:53 PM
?

Regardless of which type of QB you have, if you lose your #1 QB, you are likely ****ed.

So if you lose your #1 QB, who is your top producer, you're doubly fucked then, right? Ok. As I said, if you lose Brady or Rodgers you're fucked.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:54 PM
So if you lose your #1 QB, who is your top producer, you're doubly fucked then, right? Ok. As I said, if you lose Brady or Rodgers you're fucked.

Cat chase tail? WTF?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 10:55 PM
I can wait for Bray. Right now, the team just needs to win for their sake, not mine.

Hell, the Dorseid may even surprise the ever living piss out of me and draft a high-round QB in a couple of years.

RobBlake
09-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Its not gonna change.

THE DIFFERENCE is we both know this, but even after a win, you bitch and moan non stop instead of enjoying what we knew he would bring. Accept it and move on. Youre ****ing crying doesnt change anything.

Beautiful post. Some people rather be proven right about a player than have an opportunity to win games. When is the last time the chiefs made the playoffs? well they have a legitimate chance to make it this year. As a wild card nonetheless but the opportunity is there.

This is the first week for every team out there. Look at other offenses, most were sluggish compared to defense.

Also, Alex is good enough to win games and for a young QB to develop.. like bray or a future pick. Alex is not gonna put up 400 yards or maybe not even 300 unless its the bills

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Just like everyone is saying, what will happen if Denver loses Manning. If their #1 offensive producer is lost, they are fucked. Just like if we were to lose Charles. You're not presenting anything that isn't already known. The position is just different.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Cat chase tail? WTF?

Q

LowExpectations
09-08-2013, 10:58 PM

Didn't work that way today. More attempts, the worse Smith becomes. Expect that to continue.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Just like everyone is saying, what will happen if Denver loses Manning. If their #1 offensive producer is lost, they are fucked. Just like if we were to lose Charles. You're not presenting anything that isn't already known. The position is just different.

I see your point.

Now, can we throw some bombs just to piss me and Clay off?

mdchiefsfan
I can wait for Bray. Right now, the team just needs to win for their sake, not mine.

Hell, the Dorseid may even surprise the ever living piss out of me and draft a high-round QB in a couple of years.

They need to win for my sake, so I can stop reading some bull shit perspective about how you think the Chiefs need to be, for us to win.

aturnis
If Rodgers or Brady were out of the picture would they be ****ed?

Who knows, probably not good though. Brady's entire offense died this offseason, where are the Patriots?

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Who knows, probably not good though. Brady's entire offense died this offseason, where are the Patriots?

They are 1-0, just like us.

Sweet Daddy Hate
They need to win for my sake, so I can stop reading some bull shit perspective about how you think the Chiefs need to be, for us to win.

If they win a Championship, you'll definitely get your reprieve.

beach tribe
I don't have to have the big numbers.

You however...:evil:

3000 yards is not big #s. I purposely set the bar where it was most likely that nether of us would win. If he fails miserably I deserve to lose. If he handily exceeds expectations you deserve to lose. Simple as that.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 11:02 PM
If they win a Championship, you'll definitely get your reprieve.

Such an easy cop out

cdcox
09-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Well, W's are what matter. The rest is all noise. Or as they say, "stats are for losers"

Looking backward, yes the only thing that matters is getting the win.

If you are looking forward, and trying to predict future results, stats absolutely matter. You are ignoring reality if you think they don't.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 11:03 PM
3000 yards is not big #s. I purposely set the bar where it was most likely that nether of us would win. If he fails miserably I deserve to lose. If he handily exceeds expectations you deserve to lose. Simple as that.

What's 175 x 17(wild card)?

:D

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Such an easy cop out

Well what the fuck do you want?

You claim, like Dane, that there's "more than one way to skin the goddamned cat".

So go skin the motherfucker, and I'll shut the fuck up.

aturnis
09-08-2013, 11:05 PM
So if you lose your #1 QB, who is your top producer, you're doubly ****ed then, right? Ok. As I said, if you lose Brady or Rodgers you're ****ed.

What's your point? If the Chiefs lose Smith, they're fucked. Pretty much the case everywhere.

Difference is, the teams with QB's can afford to lose more of its offense and still succeed.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Well what the **** do you want?

You claim, like Dane, that there's "more than one way to skin the goddamned cat".

So go skin the mother****er, and I'll shut the **** up.

What I want is you to STFU and see where it goes. I have never seen such complaints about a win in my life. Has it ever crossed your mind that we might actually improve as this team gets accustomed to each other? Hell no. Let's find the few things we can gripe about and pimp an UDFA. There we go. Get back to reality SDH, your better than this, shake the tail when you walk!

aturnis
Just like everyone is saying, what will happen if Denver loses Manning. If their #1 offensive producer is lost, they are ****ed. Just like if we were to lose Charles. You're not presenting anything that isn't already known. The position is just different.

The difference is, having Peyton makes the other 10 payers on that offense expendable. Meanwhile, if any peice falls from KC's offense, they're fucked.

beach tribe
What's 175 x 17(wild card)?

:D

He needs 187x16.

I dont expect us to be up 26 points mid way through the third very often.
I also expect moderate improvement from our first game. Im betting on between 3100-3350 for the season. I think hes right on pace.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 11:09 PM
What's your point? If the Chiefs lose Smith, they're ****ed. Pretty much the case everywhere.

Difference is, the teams with QB's can afford to lose more of its offense and still succeed.

If you read the progression of the thread you would understand my point.

aturnis
09-08-2013, 11:10 PM
They are 1-0, just like us.

Exactly. Doesn't matter what happens to anyone else, as long as you still have your Qb you're good.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 11:12 PM
The difference is, having Peyton makes the other 10 payers on that offense expendable. Meanwhile, if any peice falls from KC's offense, they're ****ed.

and Charles doesn't make the players around him better? Everyone complains about how awful we are when Charles is out. That is because with him in there, as a threat, he makes the offense run. It is the same thing.

mdchiefsfan
Exactly. Doesn't matter what happens to anyone else, as long as you still have your Qb you're good.

SO you think they would be 1-0 without their top offensive performer?

Sweet Daddy Hate
What I want is you to STFU and see where it goes. I have never seen such complaints about a win in my life. Has it ever crossed your mind that we might actually improve as this team gets accustomed to each other? Hell no. Let's find the few things we can gripe about and pimp an UDFA. There we go. Get back to reality SDH, your better than this, shake the tail when you walk!

Come on man; you know I'm not gonna' shut up.:shake:

It's great to win, and it's better to be respectable than to be a 2-14 turd-factory...DUH.

That conceded, I'm more excited about Bray than I ever will be about Axl. Even more exciting, we have a coach that might actually know how to USE him if and when he becomes our starter.

That's about as good as it gets for me right now.

As I said, rebuild the culture through some steady wins. The culture needs it. Me, I'm content to wait for the REAL show. Which, will hopefully someday arrive.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2013, 11:13 PM
and Charles doesn't make the players around him better? Everyone complains about how awful we are when Charles is out. That is because with him in there, as a threat, he makes the offense run. It is the same thing.

That is a fair point.

aturnis
09-08-2013, 11:13 PM
If you read the progression of the thread you would understand my point.

It you mean what you say, you have zero point. If your being cute, whatever.

beach tribe
09-08-2013, 11:15 PM
The difference is, having Peyton makes the other 10 payers on that offense expendable. Meanwhile, if any peice falls from KC's offense, they're ****ed.

There are about 8 teams in the league who have that kind of QB. We had zero chance of Reid acquiring one this off-season.

Soooo....

beach tribe
09-08-2013, 11:17 PM

It's great to win, and it's better to be respectable than to be a 2-14 turd-factory...DUH.

That conceded, I'm more excited about Bray than I ever will be about Axl. Even more exciting, we have a coach that might actually know how to USE him if and when he becomes our starter.

As I said, rebuild the culture through some steady wins. The culture needs it. Me, I'm content to wait for the REAL show. Which, will hopefully someday arrive.

Holy shit.. There is hope for you yet.

aturnis
09-08-2013, 11:17 PM

Dude. Not the point.

Having Charles does not afford you the luxury of losing your QB. No offensive position does.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 11:18 PM

See, I can buy into this logic. I would love to see Bray come into his own and become the player to carry the offense when Charles can't any longer, but as it stands we are where we are. Make the most of it and get Charles a MF ring, he deserves it.

beach tribe
09-08-2013, 11:18 PM

And they baaaarely beat what will probably be a 4 win team.

aturnis
09-08-2013, 11:20 PM
There are about 8 teams in the league who have that kind of QB. We had zero chance of Reid acquiring one this off-season.

Soooo....

So why waste 2nd picks?

I'm not going to furnish my home at Walmart b/c I can't afford better now. That'd be a waste of money. I'll do without until I can get some quality furniture.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Dude. Not the point.

Having Charles does not afford you the luxury of losing your QB. No offensive position does.

That was exactly the point. We were discussing top offensive performers for the team and the importance of the position. One person said that if we lost Charles our season was lost, so I rebutted with the fact that if Rodgers or Brady, who are their team's top offensive performers, were lost, they would be equally fucked. How are you rebutting what I have said?

beach tribe
09-08-2013, 11:24 PM
So why waste 2nd picks?

I'm not going to furnish my home at Walmart b/c I can't afford better now. That'd be a waste of money. I'll do without until I can get some quality furniture.

To give ourselves a QB who gives us at least a chance to win a PO game. Or are you all for tanking more seasons?

beach tribe
09-08-2013, 11:30 PM
These fans would be flying banners half way through the season, and calling Reid and the rest of the roster losers if we trotted another bum out there. Smith is not Manning. But hes not Cassel either. We needed to start winning games to get this team to buy into Reid.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 11:44 PM
I was having a lot of fun with this discussion. I am disappoint.

Rasputin
09-08-2013, 11:46 PM
To give ourselves a QB who gives us at least a chance to win a PO game. Or are you all for tanking more seasons?

Tanking seemed to work out pretty well for the Colts but we didn't suck enough the right year and get Luck.

mdchiefsfan
09-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Tanking seemed to work out pretty well for the Colts but we didn't suck enough the right year and get Luck.

Tat, I like you, but why bitch about things that you can't change?

beach tribe
09-08-2013, 11:51 PM
I really wish we would have started sucking for luck after Berry and Charles went down.
With what happened last season, this team absolutely did not have the choice of tanking after bringing in Reid.

Anyway man, just give Bray a chance as our QBOTF. Seriously. Pretend we spent a 1st on him lol......Hes gonna be good, and has ELITE physical skills.

Phobia
09-09-2013, 12:00 AM
So why waste 2nd picks?

That's a pretty poor analogy. You're smarter than that.

Rasputin
09-09-2013, 12:02 AM
I really wish we would have started sucking for luck after Berry and Charles went down.
With what happened last season, this team absolutely did not have the choice of tanking after bringing in Reid.

Anyway man, just give Bray a chance as our QBOTF. Seriously. Pretend we spent a 1st on him lol......Hes gonna be good, and has ELITE physical skills.

I'm very excited about Bray. He adopted us than we drafted him. He is very young too as rookies go I know he is best to wait approach. I don't want to see Chase Daniels if A Smith goes down and I'd rather have that rookie able to go in but I know it's best to wait.

I'm going bitch until we get a QBotf playing and starting that the team can grow around. Alex Smith is just another retread and can't get excited for him even if he is better than what we had or better options this year.

I would have been stoke if we drafte EJ Manuel with our top pick would have been worth it.

We have not tanked for a quarterback. Tanking for a RT is dumb as hell ROFL But that's what we get thanks True Fans.

Rasputin
09-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Tat, I like you, but why bitch about things that you can't change?

Because I'm jealous of teams winning the Super Bowl by doing what I want the Chiefs to do and that is draft a quarterback with a top pick and go with him.

I want long term success and it is of my belief that the best way to do that is by taking a risk on a young quarterback and build a team around him. I think it's simple enough and just might work?

I get tired of having to root for a quarterback that last less than five years here then gets broke or is too shitty and we have to get rid of him. Chiefs average quarterback is 2.5 years with Trent Green being the longest with 5 years on a 30 year span. I think we go through more quarterbacks than just about any other team in the league and it shows by our lack of playoff wins in 20 years.

That's why I bitch but I really hate bitching I want this team to get turned around and on the winning track. I just got to see it to believe it and haven't seen nothing yet.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 12:19 AM
I'm very excited about Bray. He adopted us than we drafted him. He is very young too as rookies go I know he is best to wait approach. I don't want to see Chase Daniels if A Smith goes down and I'd rather have that rookie able to go in but I know it's best to wait.

I'm going bitch until we get a QBotf playing and starting that the team can grow around. Alex Smith is just another retread and can't get excited for him even if he is better than what we had or better options this year.

I would have been stoke if we drafte EJ Manuel with our top pick would have been worth it.

We have not tanked for a quarterback. Tanking for a RT is dumb as hell ROFL But that's what we get thanks True Fans.

What QB could we have drafted that would have maximized the players potential on our roster, currently? You said you want a player that our team can grow around, but our team is already grown. What do we do then? DJ, Bowe, Hali, Charles, Albert, and Flowers are already who they will become. Should we just say sorry guys, we are playing for next year, but I want your max effort to save face? It would never fly.

Pioli got us in this rut, where we have high caliber players that deserve for us to take a shot and no QB that has grown with them. We made the right choice by sticking with the vets and giving them the best chance to win now.

It sucks, but most people want to keep quality players and those players have a shelf life. We made a commitment to those players IMO when we signed Smith and I hope it works out.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Because I'm jealous of teams winning the Super Bowl by doing what I want the Chiefs to do and that is draft a quarterback with a top pick and go with him.

I want long term success and it is of my belief that the best way to do that is by taking a risk on a young quarterback and build a team around him. I think it's simple enough and just might work?

I get tired of having to root for a quarterback that last less than five years here then gets broke or is too shitty and we have to get rid of him. Chiefs average quarterback is 2.5 years with Trent Green being the longest with 5 years on a 30 year span. I think we go through more quarterbacks than just about any other team in the league and it shows by our lack of playoff wins in 20 years.

That's why I bitch but I really hate bitching I want this team to get turned around and on the winning track. I just got to see it to believe it and haven't seen nothing yet.

Even Oakland is going with a rookie QB, even though it has only been a couple years since they were burned magnificently by Russell.

It's been 30 years since the Chiefs have tried this. The Russell burn is worse than the Blackledge burn, as Russell was the top pick.

Sad to say it, but I kind of have to give some props to Oakland for persevering and sticking with the, 'Developing a young QB that could last a decade or longer' strategy.

Alex Smith is our 175 yard per game band-aid.

Phobia
09-09-2013, 12:21 AM
I want a good Chiefs QB who can put up 350 yards a week for my fantasy team too. But in the interim I'll settle for a guy who can play flawlessly and put W's in the right column.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Even Oakland is going with a rookie QB, even though it has only been a couple years since they were burned magnificently by Russell.

It's been 30 years since the Chiefs have tried this. The Russell burn is worse than the Blackledge burn, as Russell was the top pick.

Sad to say it, but I kind of have to give some props to Oakland for persevering and sticking with the, 'Developing a young QB that could last a decade or longer' strategy.

Yeah, they drafted one in the fourth round, then cut his ass. Could you imagine how that would've been perceived on this site?

Oakland is starting a player they picked up in the supplemental draft, last year. He's not a rookie.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 12:25 AM
...What QB could we have drafted that would have maximized the players potential on our roster, currently?...

It's not just about this most recent draft. There have been many QB's over the past 30 years that the Chiefs could have gone after, but chose the band-aid route. Alex Smith is our newest band-aid QB, and he will ensure us that the Chiefs do not select a QB in the high rounds of the draft during his tenure. And then, after he is gone, we will bring in the next band-aid QB and the cycle repeats. Just like with Cassel, just like with Green, just like with Grbac, and so on. It is a vicious ****ing cycle we are in.

The key point in this argument is that no championships have been yielded operating this way. Championships trump any other statistic. Look at the past 20 plus years of Superbowl winners, and the majority of teams that won drafted and developed their starting QB's in the game.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 12:25 AM
I want a good Chiefs QB who can put up 350 yards a week for my fantasy team too. But in the interim I'll settle for a guy who can play flawlessly and put W's in the right column.

:thumb:

beach tribe
09-09-2013, 12:29 AM

Bray is being developed.

Is he not good enough?

FTR, Im all for drafting a QB in every draft till you find one. If Bray were not on the roster I would be pissed, but I truly believe he will be BETTER than any QB drafted this season. No QB is a sure bet, and I would have wanted to sit any QB we would have drafted this season.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Yeah, they drafted one in the fourth round, then cut his ass. Could you imagine how that would've been perceived on this site?

Oakland is starting a player they picked up in the supplemental draft, last year. He's not a rookie.

Pretty much a technicality, but you are correct. But I would much more consider Pryor a developmental type QB with potential, over labeling him a 'band-aid' which is what Alex Smith and Carson Palmer are.

Phobia
09-09-2013, 12:31 AM
It's not just about this most recent draft. There have been many QB's over the past 30 years that the Chiefs could have gone after, but chose the band-aid route. Alex Smith is our newest band-aid QB, and he will ensure us that the Chiefs do not select a QB in the high rounds of the draft during his tenure. And then, after he is gone, we will bring in the next band-aid QB and the cycle repeats. Just like with Cassel, just like with Green, just like with Grbac, and so on. It is a vicious ****ing cycle we are in.

The key point in this argument is that no championships have been yielded operating this way. Championships trump any other statistic. Look at the past 20 plus years of Superbowl winners, and the majority of teams that won drafted and developed their starting QB's in the game.

Actually, the Chiefs first championship was yielded in this manner. More recently, the Saints won one like that. The Buccs won one like that. Seattle did pretty well with their castoff band-aid acquisition. The 49ers did pretty well with that Steve Young guy. The truth is that more teams have been burnt investing first round picks on their dream QB than those who have won a championship with their guy.

beach tribe
09-09-2013, 12:32 AM

I still cannot hold this regime accountable for what Carl, and Pioli did. I just cant. At the end of the day, we have a promising, talented 21 yr old with limitless potential on the roster.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Bray is being developed.

Is he not good enough?

FTR, Im all for drafting a QB in every draft till you find one. If Bray were not on the roster I would be pissed, but I truly believe he will be BETTER than any QB drafted this season. No QB is a sure bet, and I would have wanted to sit any QB we would have drafted this season.

To refute this, their is a difference in commitment of an organization to a high round drafted QB than to an UDFA. What Tattoo and myself want, is a QB with great promise to be selected in the high rounds (preferable 1st) which would show to the Chiefs fan base that they are committed to this player for the foreseeable future.

Bray is not getting this type of commitment. Having him on the team as an UDFA is a lot different than had the Chiefs taken him in the 1st round.

beach tribe
09-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Actually, the Chiefs first championship was yielded in this manner. More recently, the Saints won one like that. The Buccs won one like that. Seattle did pretty well with their castoff band-aid acquisition. The 49ers did pretty well with that Steve Young guy. The truth is that more teams have been burnt investing first round picks on their dream QB than those who have won a championship with their guy.

And as many UDFA have won the SB as 2nd rounders, but this argument would not be happening repeatedly if we had Geno instead of Bray.

Phobia
09-09-2013, 12:35 AM
To refute this, their is a difference in commitment of an organization to a high round drafted QB than to an UDFA. What Tattoo and myself want, is a QB with great promise to be selected in the high rounds (preferable 1st) which would show to the Chiefs fan base that they are committed to this player for the foreseeable future.

Bray is not getting this type of commitment. Having him on the team as an UDFA is a lot different than had the Chiefs taken him in the 1st round.

Oh, you mean like when they committed to Cassel by throwing a pick and $60,000,000 at him? Honestly, I'd rather not have a commitment. I'd rather have a competition.

Rasputin
09-09-2013, 12:35 AM
What QB could we have drafted that would have maximized the players potential on our roster, currently? You said you want a player that our team can grow around, but our team is already grown. What do we do then? DJ, Bowe, Hali, Charles, Albert, and Flowers are already who they will become. Should we just say sorry guys, we are playing for next year, but I want your max effort to save face? It would never fly.

Pioli got us in this rut, where we have high caliber players that deserve for us to take a shot and no QB that has grown with them. We made the right choice by sticking with the vets and giving them the best chance to win now.

It sucks, but most people want to keep quality players and those players have a shelf life. We made a commitment to those players IMO when we signed Smith and I hope it works out.

Quite to be blunt about this but, I could give a **** about any player on this roster if we can draft a quarterback and build a team around him too win Super Bowls with.

I love Jamaal Charles but at this point if we could get a Hershal Walker type deal for him I'd take it.

I watched #58 year after year chasing and sacking quarterbacks and loved the guy as a family member. Off the top of my head I think he had 7 or 8 different quarterbacks during that time. Will Shields went through the same issue, it's why Tony Gonzalez went to a team that just drafted a quarterback in Matt Ryan. He didn't go to a veteran QB team.

I've seen teams turn their shit around in a year or two so we don't have to wait. Granted with much better QB draft classes but it's the point of taking a chance and go with it.

I live in a fantasy world I know this much to be true or at least it's just wishful thinking to draft a quarterback. EJ Manuel would have been worth that 1.1 pick. I think he could have help this team out significantly even as a rookie make rookie mistakes but we would be better off.

I'm bitter not drafting a quarterback.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Pretty much a technicality, but you are correct. But I would much more consider Pryor a developmental type QB with potential, over labeling him a 'band-aid' which is what Alex Smith and Carson Palmer are.

He is no less a developmental QB than Bray is. Hell, Bray has a much better pedigree than Pryor as far as talents that can translate to the NFL. So if you can view Pryor as a plus for the Raiders, who gave him a year to develop, then you should be able to wait and see what we do with Bray.

beach tribe
09-09-2013, 12:36 AM

Understood, and I think Bray has the luxury of not having all of that pressure, and being forced into action. Its a great situation.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 12:37 AM

You just pimped Pryor, but now you're moving the goal posts?

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 12:38 AM

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I said the majority of Superbowl winners are won by team drafted and developed QB's, at least in the last 20 seasons.

I'm not going to get sucked into this debate, but you know that there is a difference between the caliber of player Brees and Young are/were, and Alex Smith/Grbac/Green/Cassel, etc...

If the Chiefs were bringing in QB's of that caliber we'd probably have a championship by now, but I'd still much prefer a guy the Chiefs draft and develop and have around for 10+ seasons, a guy we can really get behind, than this constant band-aid QB crap.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2013, 12:39 AM

Technicality? What?

The Raiders chose Pryor in the supplemental draft of 2011 and had to give up a third rounder in 2012.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 12:40 AM
You just pimped Pryor, but now you're moving the goal posts?

And you are pimping Alex Smith? Do you honestly think he will yield us a championship?

What about his play makes you think he can win 3-4 games straight in the playoffs against teams with far superior playmakers at QB?

Superbowl or bust pal, this 9-7 or 8-8 shit has gotten old for me.

beach tribe
09-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Quite to be blunt about this I could give a **** about any player on this roster if we can draft a quarterback and build a team around him too win Super Bowls with.

I love Jamaal Charles but at this point if we could get a Hershal Walker type deal for him I'd take it.

I watched #58 year after chasing and sacking quarterbacks and loved the guy as a family member. Off the top of my head I think he had 7 or 8 different quarterbacks during that time. Will Shields went through the same issue, it's why Tony Gonzalez went to a team that just drafted a quarterback in Matt Ryan. He didn't go to a veteran team.

I've seen teams turn their shit around in a year or two so we don't have to wait. Granted with much better QB draft classes but it's the point of taking a chance and go with it.

I live in a fantasy world I know this much to be true or at least it's just wishful thinking to draft a quarterback. EJ Manuel would have been worth that 1.1 pick. I think he could have help this team out significantly even as a rookie make rookie mistakes but we would be better off.

Could not disagree more. In a decent QB class, he does not go 1st round. Im not in the draft a QB just to draft one camp, and as much as I want a QB, I would have been pissed had we taken him, and people of your thinking would have been happy not seeing one snap he took in college. I watched a ton of Manuel and am shocked he went in the 1st.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2013, 12:41 AM

Rookie?

:rolleyes:

Phobia
09-09-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm not saying it doesn't happen. Actually, that's what you said. The key point in this argument is that no championships have been yielded operating this way.

I'm not going to get sucked into this debate, but you know that there is a difference between the caliber of player Brees and Young are/were, and Alex Smith/Grbac/Green/Cassel, etc...
Each time the Chiefs have done this, they thought they were getting a Brees or a Young.

We all want a QB we can develop and call our own. But each time we have the opportunity, we get screwed. That's life. You make the best of it. Then you die.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2013, 12:42 AM
And you are pimping Alex Smith? Do you honestly think he will yield us a championship?

What about his play makes you think he can win 3-4 games straight in the playoffs against teams with far superior playmakers at QB?

How many times have the Chiefs gone 8-8 in their history?

9-7?

Does your ass hurt?

Rasputin
09-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Oh, you mean like when they committed to Cassel by throwing a pick and $60,000,000 at him? Honestly, I'd rather not have a commitment. I'd rather have a competition.

I also want a competition is why I'd like to see Chiefs draft QBs in the top rounds back to back years. I know this will never happen. Again my KC fantasy world.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Quite to be blunt about this I could give a **** about any player on this roster if we can draft a quarterback and build a team around him too win Super Bowls with.

I watched #58 year after year chasing and sacking quarterbacks and loved the guy as a family member. Off the top of my head I think he had 7 or 8 different quarterbacks during that time. Will Shields went through the same issue, it's why Tony Gonzalez went to a team that just drafted a quarterback in Matt Ryan. He didn't go to a veteran QB team.

Look how far that has gotten him.

I am sad with this post, honestly. This is like saying that Barry Sanders never deserved to win a SB. JC is probably one of the most awesome RBs we will see in this league, ever. He is the way a pro-athlete needs to be, no talk, all action. That man deserves every shot you give him to win a SB. You don't just discard a player like him. Fuck.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Technicality? What?

The Raiders chose Pryor in the supplemental draft of 2011 and had to give up a third rounder in 2012.

Wow. I already admitted to the correction.

The point is this isn't really about Pryor. I just used him as an example because Oakland was just recently burned big time by Jamarcus Russell but they still believe in developing a young QB through playing him and going through the growing pains with the player, over the 'band-aid' approach.

Rasputin
09-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Could not disagree more. In a decent QB class, he does not go 1st round. Im not in the draft a QB just to draft one camp, and as much as I want a QB, I would have been pissed had we taken him, and people of your thinking would have been happy not seeing one snap he took in college. I watched a ton of Manuel and am shocked he went in the 1st.

Maybe I should just get a clue and realize the Chiefs will never have the balls enough to draft a quarterback. I don't know next years draft class will be better maybe? This was a shitty year for quarterbacks I get that. Sucks to be a Chiefs fan.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2013, 12:47 AM

The point is this isn't really about Pryor. I just used him as an example because Oakland was just recently burned big time by Jamarcus Russell but they still believe in developing a young QB through playing him and going through the growing pains with the player, over the 'band-aid' approach.

Do you follow the NFL? If so, you'd realize that Oakland had no intention of starting Pryor.

If they had intended to start Pryor, they would not have spent a 4th round pick on Wilson or traded for Matt Flynn and his bloated contract.

GordonGekko
How many times have the Chiefs gone 8-8 in their history?

9-7?

Does your ass hurt?

8-8's are this franchise's bread and butter.

Band-aid QB's for the mediocre win...

stevieray
really? stiil?

GTFO.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 12:49 AM

I'm not pimping shit. Do you really think that Pryor will yield Oakland a championship? If not, then why commend them on their approach for drafting a "rookie" and rolling with him after Russell?

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2013, 12:49 AM
8-8's are this franchise's bread and butter.

Band-aid QB's for the mediocre win...

You failed to answer the question because clearly, you're talking out of your ass.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 12:51 AM
You failed to answer the question because clearly, you're talking out of your ass.

Booyah!!!

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Do you follow the NFL? If so, you'd realize that Oakland had no intention of starting Pryor.

If they had intended to start Pryor, they would not have spent a 4th round pick on Wilson or traded for Matt Flynn and his bloated contract.

Terrel Pryor is 24, and technicalities aside he fits into the developmental QB area and he is not a 'band-aid' like AS.

Oakland is trying to do what Superbowl winning teams are currently doing.

I guess you like Alex Smith, and you think he can win 3-4 games in a row in the playoffs and net us a championship. If you honestly believe this then I wonder if you follow the NFL.

Rasputin
09-09-2013, 12:53 AM
Look how far that has gotten him.

I am sad with this post, honestly. This is like saying that Barry Sanders never deserved to win a SB. JC is probably one of the most awesome RBs we will see in this league, ever. He is the way a pro-athlete needs to be, no talk, all action. That man deserves every shot you give him to win a SB. You don't just discard a player like him. ****.

I love JC too man. I want to see him win a Super Bowl with the Chiefs. I wish we gone out of our way to get Andrew Luck or any of last years class (not weeden). He would have a shot then and we all could be happy.

I can't help I've had a Super Bowl theory that drafting and developing a quarterback is the best way to get a Super Bowl.

beach tribe

Pryor is starting because he actually gives them the best chance to win right now, because they have absolute garbage.

GordonGekko
I'm not pimping shit. Do you really think that Pryor will yield Oakland a championship? If not, then why commend them on their approach for drafting a "rookie" and rolling with him after Russell?

After one game I'm unsure on Pryor.

But I respect the approach Oakland is taking with going after young QB's with potential, and trying to develop.

I can say with having 80 games to evaluate AS, that he will most likely not net a championship as a starter.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Terrel Pryor is 24, and technicalities aside he fits into the developmental QB area and he is not a 'band-aid' like AS.

I guess you like Alex Smith, and you think he can win 3-4 games in a row in the playoffs and net us a championship. If you honestly believe this then I wonder if you follow the NFL.

Yet you avoid the fact that we have a developmental QB of our own, who's stats knocks the pants of of Pryor's in college.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 12:54 AM

But I respect the approach Oakland is taking with going after young QB's with potential, and trying to develop.

I can say with having 80 games to evaluate AS, that he will most likely not net a championship as a starter.

See post above

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 12:55 AM
I love JC too man. I want to see him win a Super Bowl with the Chiefs. I wish we gone out of our way to get Andrew Luck or any of last years class (not weeden). He would have a shot then and we all could be happy.

I can't help I've had a Super Bowl theory that drafting and developing a quarterback is the best way to get a Super Bowl.

It's not a theory, it is has been proven time and again in the field by current Superbowl contending teams.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2013, 12:55 AM

Bullshit.

You clearly no nothing about the NFL or Oakland.

Answer me this, Dumbfuck: If the Raiders intended to start Pryor, why trade a 5th rounder for Matt Flynn and pay him $9 million per year?

You're a fucking moron. You should stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

beach tribe
09-09-2013, 12:56 AM

Yup. Oakland pulled a Pioli and traded for their Cassel, but Pryors mobility helped off set Oaklands o-line.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Yet you avoid the fact that we have a developmental QB of our own who's stats knocks the pants of of Pryor's in college.

It's a commitment issue and I don't see Bray starting any time soon, barring injuries or total suckage by AS or CD, which I don't think you all want to happen (I don't want this to happen).

To say the commitment the Chiefs are showing to Bray and the commitment the Raiders are showing to Pryor are equal is a fallacy.

DaneMcCloud

:BS:

mdchiefsfan

The biggest disservice you can do to a player, of his caliber, is to tell him that his QB will be ready to play at his level a few years from now.

beach tribe
09-09-2013, 12:59 AM

SB winning teams are starting 3rd round? supplemental draft Qbs?

I missed that one.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 01:00 AM
SB winning teams are starting 3rd round? supplemental draft Qbs?

I missed that one.

They are not starting Alex Smith that is for sure.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 01:01 AM
It's a commitment issue and I don't see Bray starting any time soon, barring injuries or total suckage by AS or CD, which I don't think you all want to happen (I don't want this to happen).

To say the commitment the Chiefs are showing to Bray and the commitment the Raiders are showing to Pryor are equal is a fallacy.

LMAO You have to be kidding me! We kicked a QB off our roster for Bray. I know it was a previous regime. But damn.

The Raiders brought in Flynn and drafted Wilson in the 4th round only to be left with Pryor in the end. How is that for commitment?

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2013, 01:01 AM

But they're paying Matt Flynn $9 million to ride the bench.

ROFL

You're a 'tard.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 01:02 AM
LMAO You have to be kidding me! We kicked a QB off our roster for Bray. I know it was a previous regime. But damn.

The Raiders brought in Flynn and drafted Wilson in the 4th round only to be left with Pryor in the end. How is that for commitment?

I would say pretty committed because he is starting for them.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2013, 01:04 AM

LMAO

Goddamn, this forum attracts some really fucking stupid people when it comes to football.

Good grief.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2013, 01:06 AM

That is obviously because all their other options failed.

You think they just wasted a 4th round draft pick so they could cut him? Did they trade for player with a 9 mil contract with their faith in Pryor? No! They are left with Pryor. He is the best option out of the shit decisions they have made and are trying to save face.

beach tribe
09-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Smith is what he is, but hes also 26-5 in his last 31 starts and played in the NFCCG which is much better conf. than the AFC.
Ths Chiefs are trying to wash the taste of 2-14 season out the players and fan bases mouths and have a talented 21 yr old developmental QB.
They are in MUCH better shape than the Raiders...

It must really hurt Oakland that KC got the best QB in the draft....for free

-John Clayton

AlexSmithDynasty
09-09-2013, 01:15 AM

Except when they were in 2011...

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 01:17 AM
Smith is what he is, but hes also 26-5 in his last 31 starts and played in the NFCCG which is much better conf. than the AFC.
Ths Chiefs are trying to wash the taste of 2-14 season out the players and fan bases mouths and have a talented 21 yr old developmental QB.
They are in MUCH better shape than the Raiders...

It must really hurt Oakland that KC got the best QB in the draft....for free

-John Clayton

I don't disagree with any of this.

But winning more games does not mean we are a championship contender and that AS is a Superbowl caliber QB.

AlexSmithDynasty
09-09-2013, 01:23 AM

But winning more games does not mean we are a championship contender and that AS is a Superbowl caliber QB.

It's funny hearing fans expect to be championship contenders after being the worst team in the league the previous year. "Oh no, we're not super bowl front runners after going 2-14!" Yeah no shit, be happy with wins or watch another team moron.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 01:24 AM
Except when they were in 2011...

Yep, he wasn't driven off the team until the next season by a second year player who did start in the Superbowl.

Phobia
09-09-2013, 01:24 AM

That's crap. A superbowl caliber QB is a guy who can win games. The winner of the Superbowl is typically the team that peaks, has fewer injuries, and a few balls bounce their way in the course of the playoff run. A QB is important to any SB run but he's just a piece of the pie. There has to be a lot of other stuff working right to win a ring. You can't just plop a high quality QB on any old team and say, "Oh look, a championship contender!"

AlexSmithDynasty
09-09-2013, 01:25 AM
Yep, he wasn't driven off the team until the next season by a second year player who did start in the Superbowl.

Just a Kyle Williams away from the big game...but keep bitching about how your worst team in the league isn't automatically a super bowl front runner.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 01:25 AM
It's funny hearing fans expect to be championship contenders after being the worst team in the league the previous year. "Oh no, we're not super bowl front runners after going 2-14!" Yeah no shit, be happy with wins or watch another team moron.

Yes, I will certainly take your advice here pal. I care nothing for KC Chiefs football.

GordonGekko
09-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Just a Kyle Williams away from the big game...but keep bitching about how your worst team in the league isn't automatically a super bowl front runner.

Wait, aren't you the one bitching?

Where have I said I want this team to be an immediate SB front runner? I'm in the opposite, I want the Chiefs to draft and develop a young QB and go through the 5-11 growing pain type seasons so that we can enjoy a decade long of success.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

AlexSmithDynasty
09-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Yes, I will certainly take your advice here pal. I care nothing for KC Chiefs football.

Clearly you don't if you just wanna bitch when you team wins games in blowout fashion on the road.

CoMoChief
09-09-2013, 01:33 AM
He looks like a MUCH better QB than what we've trotted out since Trent Green.

BUT....

He still holds onto the ball too long, which I think sometimes he's afraid he'll throw a pick and he rethinks, well by then the pocket's collapsed and the WR's are having to break off their routes because Smith is scrambling for his life. But a sack or a hurry is better than a INT. This isn't a team that can afford to give up the ball via turnovers.

Our offense was down right garbage the 2nd half. Had a lot of trouble getting at least within FG range. I knew we'd see this w/ Reid, but I thought we should have ran the ball a lot more...maybe Charles getting hurt (which I'm sure it did) had a lot to do w/ that. Well regardless of what it is, we can't afford just to stall for an entire half like that. That game should have been in the 30's by the end of the 3rd qtr, and the defense was having too good of a day to not do that...against a team with to be honest, not a whole lot of talent. The radio guys were trying their hardest to give some of the JAX players some love but let's be honest....that was a NFL JV team, that franchise is in shambles. Their QB sucks and there's no hope for the guy.

AlexSmithDynasty
09-09-2013, 01:46 AM
He looks like a MUCH better QB than what we've trotted out since Trent Green.

BUT....

He still holds onto the ball too long, which I think sometimes he's afraid he'll throw a pick and he rethinks, well by then the pocket's collapsed and the WR's are having to break off their routes because Smith is scrambling for his life. But a sack or a hurry is better than a INT. This isn't a team that can afford to give up the ball via turnovers.

Our offense was down right garbage the 2nd half. Had a lot of trouble getting at least within FG range. I knew we'd see this w/ Reid, but I thought we should have ran the ball a lot more...maybe Charles getting hurt (which I'm sure it did) had a lot to do w/ that. Well regardless of what it is, we can't afford just to stall for an entire half like that. That game should have been in the 30's by the end of the 3rd qtr, and the defense was having too good of a day to not do that...against a team with to be honest, not a whole lot of talent. The radio guys were trying their hardest to give some of the JAX players some love but let's be honest....that was a NFL JV team, that franchise is in shambles. Their QB sucks and there's no hope for the guy.

Chiefs were up big after half with no production at all coming from Jax offense, no reason to try and sling the ball around and risk turnovers and momentum swings while they're on the road. Chiefs are installing a new offense and there were a lot of dropped passes including a long one on the first play of the game. Also it's hard to win any game on the road in the NFL and this was a blowout. It wasn't ever close, even if Jacksonville turns out to be the worst team in the league the Chiefs did exactly what good teams are supposed to do to bad teams, they crushed them. I don't know why people are insisting on being so negative.

Rasputin
09-09-2013, 01:54 AM
Chiefs were up big after half with no production at all coming from Jax offense, no reason to try and sling the ball around and risk turnovers and momentum swings while they're on the road. Chiefs are installing a new offense and there were a lot of dropped passes including a long one on the first play of the game. Also it's hard to win any game on the road in the NFL and this was a blowout. It wasn't ever close, even if Jacksonville turns out to be the worst team in the league the Chiefs did exactly what good teams are supposed to do to bad teams, they crushed them. I don't know why people are insisting on being so negative.

That second half was an offensive embarrassment no matter how you Alex Smith mustache rider wants to spin it.

AlexSmithDynasty
09-09-2013, 02:24 AM
That second half was an offensive embarrassment no matter how you Alex Smith mustache rider wants to spin it.

Keep crying about a 28-2 road win.

redshirt32
09-09-2013, 03:25 AM
yea lets open up the play book in the second half with a 19 point lead, gota leave something for next week guys,
why show your hand to next weeks team when your deffense was totaly dominating the game, past years we would have fucked this game up

never happy even when Fu#$%& with a gold dick jfc

The Bad Guy
09-09-2013, 04:46 AM

I'm surprised you didn't write "technicalities aside" on this post like you did hte rest.

You respect the Raiders for going after young QBs? What. the. fuck.

Pryor has one game and now we are respect what they did with the QB position?

They take on a bloated contract in Flynn and give up a draft pick.

They draft Tyler Wilson (you must love him because they drafted him) and then cut him about 4 months later.

They traded a kings ransom for Carson Palmer.

And now since they get one good game out of Pryor, you want to respect the fact that they have gone back to the young QB since getting burned by Russell and use that to bitch about the Chiefs?

What development was there with Pryor? He was basically given the job by default and there was even some chatter in the last two off-seasons about trying to convert him to WR.

The Bad Guy
09-09-2013, 04:48 AM

You're right.

Open up the playbook up 26. Teams do that all the time.

I can't say I'm shocked though when you post like you're on your period 24 hours a day.

Eleazar
09-09-2013, 05:22 AM
When you have deluded yourself so much that you think Oakland is serious about developing young QBs - when they have traded for two veterans in the past 3 years and cut the only one they drafted...

When you think Terrell Pryor, who has started 2 games in 3 years on a QB-poor team and whose signature game is now 200 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INT, is the next big thing...

InChiefsHeaven
09-09-2013, 05:57 AM
I agree on playing conservative when you are up 26. No need to show everything, but it was dissapointing to see them go scoreless in the 2nd half. Seemed like we just got to the 40 and punted...over and over. That was frustrating. But it was nice to know that our D would hold...

bevischief
09-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Duck smith

Sandy Vagina
09-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Man, you are so dumb you make Clay look like Einstein.

Funny thing is, I don't think Clay is dumb at all. I think he's just very good at trolling. Sure, he wants what he wants.. and that ain't Alex. I think, however, he just enjoys being obnoxious and deliberately obtuse. Now the 49er jackass you quoted? Dumb as a ****ing stump, lolz.

???

How did I get added to this conversation? All I know is that you're on the zone. You're also quick with the personal insults. Who are you again? Oh that's right...you didn't say..wonder why.
He's too much a pussy to reveal his username(s).

Not sure he is better than that, but the rest of your posts are on point. :thumb:

That's crap. A superbowl caliber QB is a guy who can win games. The winner of the Superbowl is typically the team that peaks, has fewer injuries, and a few balls bounce their way in the course of the playoff run. A QB is important to any SB run but he's just a piece of the pie. There has to be a lot of other stuff working right to win a ring. You can't just plop a high quality QB on any old team and say, "Oh look, a championship contender!"

Refreshing intelligence, FTW. :clap:

AussieChiefsFan
09-09-2013, 07:20 AM
That second half was an offensive embarrassment no matter how you Alex Smith mustache rider wants to spin it.Obvious troll is obvious.

AussieChiefsFan
09-09-2013, 07:22 AM
When you have deluded yourself so much that you think Oakland is serious about developing young QBs - when they have traded for two veterans in the past 3 years and cut the only one they drafted...

When you think Terrell Pryor, who has started 2 games in 3 years on a QB-poor team and whose signature game is now 200 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INT, is the next big thing...Just look at it this way; it'll be fun watching it all fall apart. Again.

Sandy Vagina
09-09-2013, 07:23 AM
I agree on playing conservative when you are up 26. No need to show everything, but it was dissapointing to see them go scoreless in the 2nd half. Seemed like we just got to the 40 and punted...over and over. That was frustrating. But it was nice to know that our D would hold...

I agree... it was disappointing. The fan in nearly every one screams for their team to step on the opponent's throat even when said opponent stays down. Felt like KC was content and playing at half-speed once they separated the score in quarter 2. Likely that the coaches didn't want to use and show more of their playbook that could be used against Dallas next week.

A win is a win is a win... LMAO at the last 30 pages of this thread... and LMAO at my damn self for reading it all. :doh!:

Carlota69
09-09-2013, 07:29 AM
I agree... it was disappointing. The fan in nearly every one screams for their team to step on the opponent's throat even when said opponent stays down. Felt like KC was content and playing at half-speed once they separated the score in quarter 2. Likely that the coaches didn't want to use and show more of their playbook that could be used against Dallas next week.

A win is a win is a win... LMAO at the last 30 pages of this thread... and LMAO at my damn self for reading it all. :doh!:

I'm for one glad they didn't show all the cards when they didn't have to.
Besides, it's a new offense, it's going to take time to put it all together and have it running like a machine.

Sandy Vagina
09-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Besides, it's a new offense, it's going to take time to put it all together and have it running like a machine.

I do agree, in immediate hindsight. But some will call your post as "making excuses." :harumph:

buddha
09-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Anybody who can't see how much better Smith is than what we've had in the recent past is a moron. Stop trying to find fault with this guy and enjoy the ride.

Monolith
09-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Anybody who can't see how much better Smith is than what we've had in the recent past is a moron. Stop trying to find fault with this guy and enjoy the ride.

Enjoy the RIDE and LET the ALEX SMITH REIGN BEGIN :evil:

Carlota69
09-09-2013, 09:07 AM
I do agree, in immediate hindsight. But some will call your post as "making excuses." :harumph:

As they make excuses for their guy. Its a kick around here lately.

Sorter
09-09-2013, 09:14 AM

Agreed.

Sorter
09-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Not sure why I used bold for the top part when in retrospect, I agree with all of it.

Jakemall
09-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Agreed.

It's early, but this team is reminding me of the 2011 49ers. Doing just enough to win games offensively and depending on their strong defense for the most part. I suppose it's a pretty standard game plan to hold back your cards as much as possible, but it becomes even more relevant when you have an offense with a new playbook that hasn't been completely learned.

I don't expect to see much from Alex and the offense in general unless and until games are on the line. I think we'll see them score quick and early and then cruise.

Chronic
09-09-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm surprised you didn't write "technicalities aside" on this post like you did hte rest.

You respect the Raiders for going after young QBs? What. the. ****.

Pryor has one game and now we are respect what they did with the QB position?

They take on a bloated contract in Flynn and give up a draft pick.

They draft Tyler Wilson (you must love him because they drafted him) and then cut him about 4 months later.

They traded a kings ransom for Carson Palmer.

And now since they get one good game out of Pryor, you want to respect the fact that they have gone back to the young QB since getting burned by Russell and use that to bitch about the Chiefs?

What development was there with Pryor? He was basically given the job by default and there was even some chatter in the last two off-seasons about trying to convert him to WR.

Actually 2

This was his 2nd NFL start

He started week 17 last year vs the Chargers and had 3 TD's in that game and put up big #'s

Pryor looked real good yesterday- He threw some nice passes.. he completed 7 of 9 third downs and converted a 4th down by throwing a 25 yard strike, they almost beat the Colts in Indy, they were 11-5 last year-

Geno Smith looked real good as well did E.J Manual

Alex Smith has hit his ceiling- He will never lead a team to the SB- he's to inconsistant-

Shoulda took Smith- Broncos are winning this division the next 2 years- should have took the next 2 years to develop a QB and make that push when Frankenberry retires from the Broncos.. in 2 years. Smith will not have done anything with this team to note.. we'll all be talking about getting a new QB, then the Chiefs gotta spend 2 mores years developing one.... shoulda started developing one this year

Omaha
09-09-2013, 11:10 AM
The biggest disservice you can do to a player, of his caliber, is to tell him that his QB will be ready to play at his level a few years from now.

Why did you use those commas like that?

Omaha
09-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Shoulda took Smith- Broncos are winning this division the next 2 years- should have took the next 2 years to develop a QB and make that push when Frankenberry retires from the Broncos.. in 2 years. Smith will not have done anything with this team to note.. we'll all be talking about getting a new QB, then the Chiefs gotta spend 2 mores years developing one.... shoulda started developing one this year

Taken. The word you want is "taken."

I don't think it's a lock for Denver to win the division the next two years. I also don't think it's fair to say Alex Smith can't win a Superbowl. He's certainly capable with the right talent around him.

Jakemall
09-09-2013, 11:35 AM

I don't think it's a lock for Denver to win the division the next two years. I also don't think it's fair to say Alex Smith can't win a Superbowl. He's certainly capable with the right talent around him.

How many Superbowls has Marino won? What about Peyton Manning?

Just goes to show, even if you're one of the best QBs in the NFL you STILL need the right talent around you.

If the Chiefs Defense can keep Manning from making big plays and the Chiefs offense can burn clock and score...there is a legit chance the Chiefs can beat the Broncos. More, if the Chiefs split with the Broncos, there's a solid chance of winning the division.

InChiefsHeaven
09-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Actually 2

This was his 2nd NFL start

He started week 17 last year vs the Chargers and had 3 TD's in that game and put up big #'s

Pryor looked real good yesterday- He threw some nice passes.. he completed 7 of 9 third downs and converted a 4th down by throwing a 25 yard strike, they almost beat the Colts in Indy, they were 11-5 last year-

Geno Smith looked real good as well did E.J Manual

Alex Smith has hit his ceiling- He will never lead a team to the SB- he's to inconsistant-

Bray.:D

Omaha
09-09-2013, 11:38 AM
How many Superbowls has Marino won? What about Peyton Manning?

Just goes to show, even if you're one of the best QBs in the NFL you STILL need the right talent around you.

If the Chiefs Defense can keep Manning from making big plays and the Chiefs offense can burn clock and score...there is a legit chance the Chiefs can beat the Broncos. More, if the Chiefs split with the Broncos, there's a solid chance of winning the division.

There's a Trent Dilfer for every Dan Marino. I'm just saying it's silly to say it's impossible.

Chronic
09-09-2013, 11:54 AM

Dude, did you see what Feankenberry did to the Ravens defense? He fisted them, took their remote, changed the channel, drank their last beer and fingered their old lady and then took $20 outta their wallet for cab fare home...

The Chiefs defense is no where near the Ravens....The Jags are the worst team in the NFL.. Frankenberys gonna get his... he's gonna put 20+ points on the Chiefs and if were all thinking Alex frekin Smith is gonna match him TD for TD we are crazy-

Sorter
09-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Dude, did you see what Feankenberry did to the Ravens defense? He fisted them, took their remote, changed the channel, drank their last beer and fingered their old lady, then took $20 outta their wallet for cab fare home and drove home drunk.

He's a Bronco.

Chronic
09-09-2013, 11:56 AM

No, and no...

The Broncos are gonna win a min of 12 games

The Chiefs will be lucky to win 10

The Chiefs might have a slight glimmer of hope in getting a WC.. but that's simply not going to happen-

Could be grooming EJ or Geno right now so when 5 head retires or breaks a neck.. Chiefs can take over the drivers seat-

Omaha
09-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Dude, did you see what Feankenberry did to the Ravens defense? He fisted them, took their remote, changed the channel, drank their last beer and fingered their old lady and then took $20 outta their wallet for cab fare home...

The Chiefs defense is no where near the Ravens....The Jags are the worst team in the NFL.. Frankenberys gonna get his... he's gonna put 20+ points on the Chiefs and if were all thinking Alex frekin Smith is gonna match him TD for TD we are crazy-

I'm still in favor of letting them play the season out & watching what happens.

Omaha
09-09-2013, 11:58 AM
No, and no...

The Chiefs might have a slight glimmer of hope in getting a WC.. but that's simply not going to happen-

Haha. You should definitely start gambling.

Chronic
09-09-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm still in favor of letting them play the season out & watching what happens.

New system, new coaches... 3 months ago was the ideal time.. not next year..

Gave up a 2nd, coulda used that pick to strengthen this team in other areas

I understand Smith went early 2nd.. Chiefs coulda traded down, acquired more picks and then taken him..

Shoulda took this year to learn the new system, get the right players that'll fit this system, get Geno some experience, Manning 1 year old and closer to hanging them up...Woulda made the most sense..

Look, Alex Smith is gonna go down the Palmer, Carr, Freeman etc route.. decent but not good enough

All this team is doing is putting off the inevitable

Pasta Little Brioni
09-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Cassell vs Jags, 2010: 193 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

Can you be more of a buffoon?

Omaha
09-09-2013, 12:20 PM
New system, new coaches... 3 months ago was the ideal time.. not next year..

Gave up a 2nd, coulda used that pick to strengthen this team in other areas

I understand Smith went early 2nd.. Chiefs coulda traded down, acquired more picks and then taken him..

Shoulda took this year to learn the new system, get the right players that'll fit this system, get Geno some experience, Manning 1 year old and closer to hanging them up...Woulda made the most sense..

Look, Alex Smith is gonna go down the Palmer, Carr, Freeman etc route.. decent but not good enough

All this team is doing is putting off the inevitable

1. They need a trade partner to trade. I think they would have traded down if they had any takers, but I don't know that they would have TAKEN Geno.

2. Taken

3. Is there a Palmer, Carr, Freeman route? Those guys are all very different IMO.

Chronic
09-09-2013, 12:33 PM
1. They need a trade partner to trade. I think they would have traded down if they had any takers, but I don't know that they would have TAKEN Geno.

2. Taken

3. Is there a Palmer, Carr, Freeman route? Those guys are all very different IMO.

Shoulda took Geno at 1

We're gonna eventually regret this-

loochy
09-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Shoulda took Geno at 1

We're gonna eventually regret this-

Should have taken

saphojunkie
09-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Should have taken

Should of taked.

Direckshun
09-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Shoulda done tooken

warrior
09-09-2013, 12:41 PM
shoulda got baked

Omaha
09-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Should of taked.

Shoulda done tooken

Great. Thanks a lot, guys. Now he'll never get it.

loochy
09-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Shoulda took

Pippin's brother?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070623124034/lotr/images/4/4b/Pippin.jpg

NinerDoug
09-09-2013, 01:35 PM
You're missing the point, per usual.

Alex did a nice job not ****ing up the game today.

To praise him for that is going a bit far.

He'll need to play much better if we're to beat Dallas.

I would expect you will see that. He didn't need to take any chances yesterday, and has always been a cautious QB. But he has also shown the ability and willingness to step it up when that is what is required to win.

Mav
09-09-2013, 01:36 PM
It's early, but this team is reminding me of the 2011 49ers. Doing just enough to win games offensively and depending on their strong defense for the most part. I suppose it's a pretty standard game plan to hold back your cards as much as possible, but it becomes even more relevant when you have an offense with a new playbook that hasn't been completely learned.

I don't expect to see much from Alex and the offense in general unless and until games are on the line. I think we'll see them score quick and early and then cruise.
Geeeeeee......Who could of made this comparison? Oh, right. I DID.

What? What area right now today is better for the ravens defense than the Chiefs? LOL. Hali/Houston over suggs/dummerville, the Chiefs secondary is FAR BETTER than the Ravens right now today, and the dline is a push at the moment. Ngata doesn't look the same and Poe looks unblockable. The ravens defense is running off reputation alone right now.
No, and no...

Could be grooming EJ or Geno right now so when 5 head retires or breaks a neck.. Chiefs can take over the drivers seat-

And instead they are grooming Bray, who probably has just as high an upside as those two. The biggest difference is? Running qbs are far more prone to getting hurt, as see both of those guys you named were already hurt in the preseason, and Geno is pretty damn skinny.

Oh, and by the way. What team in their right mind would go from 2 wins to 10 and complain?

Cannibal
09-09-2013, 01:39 PM
The offense as a whole will continue to gel and get better as the season progresses.

Mav
09-09-2013, 01:49 PM
The offense as a whole will continue to gel and get better as the season progresses.

It will look better next week because it will have to. Different animal coming in. I think the Cowboys are weak up the middle on defense.

So there should be some running lanes. But Selvie was unblockable last night. Going to be a tough test for Fisher, and well, we all know who is on that other side.

Omaha
09-09-2013, 01:55 PM
It will look better next week because it will have to. Different animal coming in. I think the Cowboys are weak up the middle on defense.

So there should be some running lanes. But Selvie was unblockable last night. Going to be a tough test for Fisher, and well, we all know who is on that other side.

Albert?

Mav
09-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Albert?

Lol, I was talking more about Demarcus Ware.

Cannibal
09-09-2013, 01:59 PM
I'd like to see bigger holes for Charles to exploit. That will help Alex Smith and the passing game as much as anything.

Mav
09-09-2013, 02:03 PM
I'd like to see bigger holes for Charles to exploit. That will help Alex Smith and the passing game as much as anything.

Gus Bradley knows Alex Smith. He was the D coordinator for the Seahawks.

He knew that the Chiefs would want to run the ball. So they were going to take that away. The Cowboys wont be able to do that as well I don't believe.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2013, 04:28 PM

WHOA! Slow down with those bold predictions!

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Should of taked.

Have. Of is wrong.

Kaepernick
09-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Have. Of is wrong.

Taked is right? What is that, a newly coined conjunction?

Definition: t'aked, adj.;

1) to be tit naked.

"The shirtless girl was t'aked."

Chronic
09-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Denver's too strong

And lets not go all goofy on the Faiders- we been their bitch for the last 3 years- and they looked pretty good yesterday..

And then there's Rivers...

Just saying...

Not sure why we are all throwing a ticket parade beating the worst team in the NFL

Can we advance to rd 2 before I qualify for medicare?

Brock
09-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Denver's too strong

And lets not go all goofy on the Faiders- we been their bitch for the last 3 years- and they looked pretty good yesterday..

And then there's Rivers...

Just saying...

Not sure why we are all throwing a ticket parade beating the worst team in the NFL

Can we advance to rd 2 before I qualify for medicare?

What do you mean we, raider fan?

Chronic
09-09-2013, 06:45 PM
What do you mean we, raider fan?

$10 says you don't even know who even wrote nor recorded Sad Wings-

Pasta Little Brioni
09-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Chimpionship quit pretending to be a chief fan it is lame as fuck.

Chronic
09-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Cock, balls

9er guy
09-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Cock, balls

I'm just trying to make a point, Frank. You don't have to celebrate it.

Jakemall
09-09-2013, 08:06 PM
There's a Trent Dilfer for every Dan Marino. I'm just saying it's silly to say it's impossible.

I wasn't in disagreement. I was just suggesting that it was a little more than simply having the right players. I could say that for almost every QB to ever play the game.

Jakemall
09-09-2013, 08:08 PM

Actually, I think the KC defense is better than the Raven's defense this season. They're missing a lot of pieces. They're also missing Boldin on the offense.

WhiteWhale
09-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Actually, I think the KC defense is better than the Raven's defense this season. They're missing a lot of pieces. They're also missing Boldin on the offense.

They're only missing two future HOF'ers.

They won't miss a step at all!

LowExpectations
09-09-2013, 10:15 PM
JakeAlexPantySniffer thinks the Chiefs have a chance against Denver this year.

Wish I could say I'm surprised.

Kaepernick
09-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Alex Smith. 5.0 yards per attempt - the 2nd lowest of any QB this weekend.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

LowExpectations
09-09-2013, 10:18 PM

He can do better, he just didn't need to. Learn football!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2013, 10:19 PM
$10 says you don't even know who even wrote nor recorded Sad Wings-

Al Davis?

splatbass
09-09-2013, 10:25 PM

26 point lead, and the D was stuffing Jacksonville. No upside to long passes, and plenty of downside. Why would you want to throw low percentage (25%) passes with a 75% chance of stopping the clock in that situation? Just so you can feel good that your QB has a higher YPA? That is stupid.

LowExpectations
09-09-2013, 10:30 PM
26 point lead, and the D was stuffing Jacksonville. No upside to long passes, and plenty of downside. Why would you want to throw low percentage (25%) passes with a 75% chance of stopping the clock in that situation? Just so you can feel good that your QB has a higher YPA? That is stupid.

There's no downside against JAX. They didn't have a prayer of doing anything against the Chiefs D.

Alex Smiff
09-09-2013, 10:34 PM

Some people will never learn until it's too late. I can't wait to see the excuses when the Chiefs are down big and Alex is hitting 3 yard checkdowns on 3rd and long.

That low YPA against a JV team should be a concern.

Tribal Warfare
09-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Some people will never learn until it's too late. I can't wait to see the excuses when the Chiefs are down big andAlex is hitting 3 yard checkdowns on 3rd and long.

That low YPA against a JV team should be a concern.

Matt Cassel apologists 2009-2012

Jakemall
09-09-2013, 10:47 PM
JakeAlexPantySniffer thinks the Chiefs have a chance against Denver this year.

Wish I could say I'm surprised.

I think they do have a chance. There's a huge difference between that and saying they SHOULD win.

I guess you haven't watched enough football to understand that upsets are possible. I can't say I'm surprised.

l4z4rd
09-09-2013, 10:48 PM

and Tom Brady averaged 5.5 YPA against the mighty Bills. What's your point?

LowExpectations
09-09-2013, 10:52 PM
I think they do have a chance. There's a huge difference between that and saying they SHOULD win.

I guess you haven't watched enough football to understand that upsets are possible. I can't say I'm surprised.

Broncos are on another level dude. Even the 9ers would lose to them.

Alex isn't awful. But he ain't gonna win a shootout with Manning. Unless he gets 5 turnovers from the defense to help him out.

Kaepernick
09-09-2013, 11:01 PM
He can do better, he just didn't need to. Learn football!

Somebody better teach Peyton. He didn't get the message.

LowExpectations
09-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Somebody better teach Peyton. He didn't get the message.

Should have checked down more, obviously. What was he thinking? Protect the lead.

LowExpectations
09-09-2013, 11:06 PM
and Tom Brady averaged 5.5 YPA against the mighty Bills. What's your point?

Tom Brady's track record= Alex Smith's track record

:homer:

Kaepernick
09-09-2013, 11:08 PM

No.

2nd worst in the NFL.

Capice?

It is very hard to play football and have only 5 yards per attempt.

Ponder was better.
Jake Locker was better.
Pryor was better.
Geno Smith was better
EJ Manuel was better.
Brandon "freaking" Weeden was better.

Are you NOT seeing a problem with this?

You have an 8 year Vet and he is still throwing the shortest passes in almost all of football but for one guy more pathetic.

C'mon. That is laughable. It is embarrassing. It is beyond baffling. An 8 year vet and rookies like Geno Smith and EJ Manuel are blowing him away, never mind bums like Locker and Weeden. And you make excuses for that?

Endless Alexcuses are endless.

Never mind. You will learn grasshopper. You will learn. The hard way of course. "Wow, my QB can't beat Jake Locker or Christian Ponder in yards per attempt, meaningless or not. Whoopee weeeeee!"

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/84762/nfl-week-1-quarterback-report

splatbass
09-09-2013, 11:10 PM
No.

2nd worst in the NFL.

Capice?

It is very hard to play football and have only 5 yards per attempt.

Ponder was better.
Pryor was better.
Geno Smith was better
EJ Manuel was better.
Brandon "freaking" Weeden was better.

Are you NOT seeing a problem with this?

You have an 8 year Vet and he is still throwing the shortest passes in almost all of football but for one guy more pathetic.

C'mon. That is laughable. It is embarrassing. It is beyond baffling. An 8 year vet and rookies like Geno Smith and EJ Manuel are blowing him away. And you make excuses for that?

Never mind. You will learn.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/84762/nfl-week-1-quarterback-report

You can be embarrassed because they played to win, not get useless stats, but not me. I'm happy with the win.

LowExpectations
09-09-2013, 11:15 PM
If Alex had a track record, I'd write it off as a " he played it safe against a terrible team and coasted to win" type of analysis after this one.

Problem is, I know him too well. When Peyton is firing strike after strike, is he going to alter his game, or be the same old Alex of 8 years?

We shall see.

l4z4rd
09-09-2013, 11:24 PM
If Alex had a track record, I'd write it off as a " he played it safe against a terrible team and coasted to win" type of analysis after this one.

Problem is, I know him too well. When Peyton is firing strike after strike, is he going to alter his game, or be the same old Alex of 8 years?

We shall see.

Smith was averaging 7.97 YPA last season before he was knocked out with the concussion in week 9. Not bad considering Manning averaged 7.99.

LowExpectations
09-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Smith was averaging 7.97 YPA last season before he was knocked out with the concussion in week 9. Not bad considering Manning averaged 7.99.

With a much better supporting cast than he has in KC, and certainly not in a similar volume as Manning.

Like I said, the 5.1 YPA isn't gonna last, but he's not a guy you can count on to perform well when you need to sling it around.

Good news is the KC defense looks really fucking good, jaguars offense or not. Hali, Houston, Devito, Flowers, Berry. You guys got a top 5 D this year I would say.

Can they contain Denver? We shall see.

RealSNR
09-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Splatbass:

When the Chiefs start losing games because Alex Smith is a feckless near-sighted game manager who seemingly refuses to go for the jugular when he needs to, are you going to be honest with yourself and admit that his faults are what will prevent this team from truly being good?

splatbass
09-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Splatbass:

When the Chiefs start losing games because Alex Smith is a feckless near-sighted game manager who seemingly refuses to go for the jugular when he needs to, are you going to be honest with yourself and admit that his faults are what will prevent this team from truly being good?

You are assuming that is a foregone thing, I am not. We will see. I think you are blinded by hate for the guy that kept us, in your mind, from getting Geno. You are not objective. I am.

If he starts sucking I will say so, unlike you who can't let yourself be happy with a win.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Splatbass:

Phillip Rivers

Eli Manning

Matt Ryan

RGIII

Aaron Rodgers

eDave
09-10-2013, 12:37 AM
I think you are blinded by hate for the guy that kept us, in your mind, from getting Geno. You are not objective.

That's exactly it. I just can't imagine living with so much hate and resentment. Over a football team. Guys like this should stop what they are doing and get into coaching or GMing. They know so much more than the current management and are doing all of us a disservice by keeping their talents from us.

Should find better things to be hateful towards.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 12:44 AM
That's exactly it. I just can't imagine living with so much hate and resentment. Over a football team. Guys like this should stop what they are doing and get into coaching or GMing. They know so much more than the current management and are doing all of us a disservice by keeping their talents from us.

Should find better things to be hateful towards.

Let 'em burn.

Crash and burn.

Ms.Kelly
09-10-2013, 12:56 AM
You don't like the start of this KINGDOM. Your no Chiefs fan. Stupid is as stupid does.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 01:00 AM
You don't like the start of this KINGDOM. Your no Chiefs fan. Stupid is as stupid does.

Right on, Kelly!

Is your vag tight or loose? Hairy or shaved?

Hottie, MILF or GILF?

These are just standard Chiefsplanet initiation questions.

Thanks in advance.

Chiefspants
09-10-2013, 01:00 AM

http://i.imgur.com/ewPKdiP.gif

eDave
09-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Right on, Kelly!

Is your vag tight or loose? Hairy or shaved?

Hottie, MILF or GILF?

These are just standard Chiefsplanet initiation questions.

Thanks in advance.

Hairy, loose and none of the above.

And it appears she is not very educated either.

No thanks.