PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Halfcan
09-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Pathetic.

Gay gay gay for bray. :rolleyes: yep you are

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Gay gay gay for bray. :rolleyes: yep you are

As the smart man should be.

Messier
09-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Geno backers taking victory lap after three games. Goes to show, no one on CP corners the market on stupid, there's plenty to go around.

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2013, 09:05 AM
:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

Why don't you go buy a Geno jersey and take your whining ass over to the Jets boards where you can all celebrate your awesome QB of the Future as he takes the Jets to the Superbowl this year. That way you can stop crying about Alex Smith and the Chiefs every fn day for 8 months. You are like a wind up crybaby doll with no off switch. Every thread, every post, every day- you blabber on and on about Alex- I think you need some help. Just take your ass to the Jets board and you can start the Geno for the Hall of Fame club and everyone will be happy. :deevee::deevee::deevee:

A very well thought out logical arguement you've got there. Of course the next one you formulate would be your first. Now go untuck your white Chiefs shirt and begin masterbating to Eric Fishers line play this year #BPA #SafePick
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Alex backers taking victory lap after three games. Goes to show, no one on CP corners the market on stupid, there's plenty to go around.

See how that works?

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2013, 09:07 AM
See how that works?

3-0 baby! Smiff!

Messier
09-27-2013, 09:09 AM
See how that works?

Yes. That's why I made the plenty to go around comment you idiot. Both sides claiming some sort of victory are morons. See how that works?

Halfcan
09-27-2013, 09:12 AM
A very well thought out logical arguement you've got there. Of course the next one you formulate would be your first. Now go untuck your white Chiefs shirt and begin masterbating to Eric Fishers line play this year #BPA #SafePick
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

Wow nice comeback and use of the fan gif to stick up for your Gay for Bray boyfriend-lol

Big daddy and Sweet daddy sitting in a tree....

That is awesome you two found love-I wish you the best.

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Wow nice comeback and use of the fan gif to stick up for your Gay for Bray boyfriend-lol

Wait, I understand the Geno bitching. But not a Bray hopeful?

splatbass
09-27-2013, 09:23 AM
This is exactly why you 9er fans are considered douche bags and aren't wanted here. You have no idea what Geno represents. It's not about Geno; it's about 30 years of having an organizations scared to take and develop a QB at the top of a draft. Geno represents the failures of this organization to win a ****ing playoff game in 20 years. Geno was the chance to turn the corner, to go in a different direction other than ones that equaled failure. It's not about Geno, it's about the Chiefs organization of it's continued inability and desire to invest in the QB position through the draft. **** man, we have never even had a Bernie Kosar. Geno is just the latest representation of that failure. There have been and will be others. Nobody is dawning a Geno jersey on Sundays or heading the Jets forums. I would pity someone that actually does that.

What Geno represents is that a bunch of you are crybabies throwing a months long temper tantrum because the Chiefs didn't do what you wanted them to do. And you can't even enjoy the wins because you are so it bitter and pathetic. I know little girls that are tougher than you pussies. Man up and get over it you losers.

Tribal Warfare
09-27-2013, 09:23 AM

The kid has a metric fuckton of natural arm talent, and if he gets" it" we'll have a QB who's ceiling is Marino.

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2013, 09:25 AM
What Geno represents is that a bunch of you are crybabies throwing a months long temper tantrum because the Chiefs didn't do what you wanted them to do.<B> And you can't even enjoy the wins because you are so it bitter and pathetic.</B> I know little girls that are tougher than you pussies. Man up and get over it you losers.

And this is the biggest line of bullshit that you and others spew that doesn't have an ounce of truth to it and has been debunked/explained numerous times. But keep the butthurt flowing and making shit up. The best example I saw was OTWP comparing the complaining of Alex to complaining about the 03 defense even though we started 8-0 and guess what? We didn't force 1 ****ing punt and lost in the playoffs. As fans we should never discuss potential areas of concern down I guess. Some people have the balls to talk about the elephant in the room and some stick their heads up their asses.

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2013, 09:29 AM
The kid has a metric ****ton of natural arm talent, and if he gets" it" we'll have a QB who's ceiling is Marino.

That's the concenus. At least the ability to make all the throws, not sure about Marino. HalfAss is the first poster I've not excited about the potential. Or he is just hating on Bray because he doesn't like SDH.

Molitoth
09-27-2013, 09:31 AM
What Geno represents is that a bunch of you are crybabies throwing a months long temper tantrum because the Chiefs didn't do what you wanted them to do. And you can't even enjoy the wins because you are so it bitter and pathetic. I know little girls that are tougher than you pussies. Man up and get over it you losers.

Honestly dude, I just don't think you are a good fit for Chiefsplanet. There are other forums that have your same mindset, and I think you would be much more happy reading one of those.

I'm talking koolaid bowls at the end of the rainbow man. You would LOVE it there.

Tribal Warfare
09-27-2013, 09:34 AM
That's the concenus. At least the ability to make all the throws, not sure about Marino. HalfAss is the first poster I've not excited about the potential. Or he is just hating on Bray because he doesn't like SDH.

Yep, he'll either be a superstar or out of the league in 4 years and no there is no inbetween.

Rausch
09-27-2013, 09:35 AM
But he is one of them. He was "chuy" on the 49ers.com website. And now he just joined up here. Add one more 49er fan following Alex to join with the rest of them here.

:facepalm:

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Yep, he'll either be a superstar or out of the league in 4 years and no there is no inbetween.

We'll have to disagree on this one. I could him being a Joe Flacco type player as well and if he plays like Joe does in the playoffs I'm all in on that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2013, 11:12 AM

Daddy's Home, bitch.

Mav
09-27-2013, 11:18 AM
The kid has a metric ****ton of natural arm talent, and if he gets" it" we'll have a QB who's ceiling is Marino.

Completely and whole heartedly agree.

He couldn't possibly be in a better situation. His situation he is in as far as a mentor, and coaching goes is so similar to Aaron Rodgers.

I am happy for the kid. Just hope he takes advantage of it.

Yes, there are qbs out there that I appreciate for TALENT over being a role model.

This kid is definitely one of them.

Mav
09-27-2013, 11:20 AM
We'll have to disagree on this one. I could him being a Joe Flacco type player as well and if he plays like Joe does in the playoffs I'm all in on that.

Don't see it. Tyler Bray has a lot of Brett Favre qualities in him.

Mav
09-27-2013, 11:21 AM

No. He isn't the only one. I have seen some guys hold far too hard onto that he was undrafted so therefore he has no future bullshit line.

I almost find that comical.

He had the most arm talent of anyone in the draft. he just came off as having saw dust for brains and being an arrogant prick.

But the arm, that's special.

chuy49erfan
09-27-2013, 11:53 AM
But he is one of them. He was "chuy" on the 49ers.com website. And now he just joined up here. Add one more 49er fan following Alex to join with the rest of them here.

I'm not following Alex Smith to be a Chiefs fan btw. I do root for Alex Smith like I said in my post because I am a fan of his. He was on the 49ers for 8 years so it would be hard to not be a fan.

I also hope he does well, because I'm a fan of his and because if he wins 8 games with the Chiefs it helps out the Niners. I still watch every snap of ever Niners game and cheer for them to beat anyone on the opposite sidelines, even if it is Alex Smith and the Chiefs!

I'm rooting for Alex Smith, I'm not changing my favorite team.

Mav
09-27-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm not following Alex Smith to be a Chiefs fan btw. I do root for Alex Smith like I said in my post because I am a fan of his. He was on the 49ers for 8 years so it would be hard to not be a fan.

I also hope he does well, because I'm a fan of his and because if he wins 8 games with the Chiefs it helps out the Niners. I still watch every snap of ever Niners game and cheer for them to beat anyone on the opposite sidelines, even if it is Alex Smith and the Chiefs!

The best thing to do here Chuy, is just to ignore him all together. he comes in here, he made his bed by jumping in with the This trade sucks for the chiefs crowd, and has tried to be a mole from the 49ers board to give intell on every poster that comes here. Especially if they like Alex Smith.

Hes a loser. But, you already knew this. Of all the times he hijacked threads preaching that he couldn't wait till alex smith was gone, not to have to talk about him anymore. yet, here he is.

Best, just to leave that hermaphrodite alone.

Cephalic Trauma
09-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Peyton Manning.

Halfcan
09-27-2013, 12:39 PM

Im not gay for him-lol :shake:

I am sure learning under Alex will help him a lot. Bray showed in Preseason he was a steal and could be our QBOTF. It will depend on if he wants it bad enough because he has all the tools.

Halfcan
09-27-2013, 12:42 PM

I wasn't hating on Bray- I was making a comment on the stoopid Gay for Bray your sweet girlfriend has. :shake:

I am on the record saying he looked much better than Chase and have never said a bad thing about him. Hopefully Alex will help him like he did Kape.

OnTheWarpath15
09-27-2013, 03:16 PM
And this is the biggest line of bullshit that you and others spew that doesn't have an ounce of truth to it and has been debunked/explained numerous times. But keep the butthurt flowing and making shit up. The best example I saw was OTWP comparing the complaining of Alex to complaining about the 03 defense even though we started 8-0 and guess what? We didn't force 1 ****ing punt and lost in the playoffs. As fans we should never discuss potential areas of concern down I guess. Some people have the balls to talk about the elephant in the room and some stick their heads up their asses.

That wasn't me, but it was a good point nonetheless.

RealSNR
09-27-2013, 05:06 PM
I thought people from Hawaii were supposed to be easy-going douchebags.

Apparently not. I guess that just leaves "douchebags" then.

Kaepernick
09-27-2013, 05:22 PM

Good to hear you are still a 49ers fan. You haven't posted on the 49ers board much since Alex left, so I made a hasty assumption. I know you have had some challenging personal issues to deal with, so I probably just made a bad assumption. Have fun and all.

Tip: if you just talk football, even Alex, the guys here are cool. If you find yourself joining the guys who feel compelled to rebut each and every single post that even hints at criticizing Alex no matter how deservedly, then you end up with red rep.

But then maybe you've been lurking here and know the lowdown already.

Good to see that you would still root for the Niners in a game vs. the Chiefs. Some of these so-called 49ers fans and on-and-off-again fans would root for Alex over SF.

AliceSmith
09-27-2013, 05:47 PM
ALICE SMITH IS BETTER THAN JOE MONTANA, AMIRITEGUYZ?

AliceSmith
09-27-2013, 05:48 PM
ALICE SMITH SHITS FLOWERS AND PUPPIES, AMIRITEGUYZ?

AliceSmith
09-27-2013, 05:48 PM
ALICE SMITH HAS THE CURE FOR AIDS AND CANCER, AMIRITEGUYZ?

NinerDoug
09-27-2013, 05:51 PM
ALICE SMITH IS BETTER THAN JOE MONTANA, AMIRITEGUYZ?

ALICE SMITH SHITS FLOWERS AND PUPPIES, AMIRITEGUYZ?

You're on a roll, my friend. Hemmingway would be jealous.

AliceSmith
09-27-2013, 05:51 PM
An exceptionally astute politician deeply involved with power issues in each state, Alice Smith reached out to War Democrats and managed his own re-election in the 1864 presidential election. As the leader of the moderate faction of the Republican party, Alice Smith found his policies and personality were "blasted from all sides": Radical Republicans demanded harsher treatment of the South, War Democrats desired more compromise, Copperheads despised him, and irreconcilable secessionists plotted his death.[1] Politically, Alice Smith fought back with patronage, by pitting his opponents against each other, and by appealing to the American people with his powers of oratory.[2] His Gettysburg Address of 1863 became the most quoted speech in American history. It was an iconic statement of America's dedication to the principles of nationalism, republicanism, equal rights, liberty, and democracy.[3] At the close of the war, Alice Smith held a moderate view of Reconstruction, seeking to reunite the nation speedily through a policy of generous reconciliation in the face of lingering and bitter divisiveness. Six days after the surrender of Confederate commanding general Robert E. Lee, however, Alice Smith was assassinated by actor and Confederate sympathizer John Wilkes Booth. Alice Smith's death was the first assassination of a U.S. president and sent the nation into mourning. Alice Smith has been consistently ranked both by scholars[4] and the public[5] as one of the greatest U.S. presidents, if not the greatest.

AliceSmith
09-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Alice Smith loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.
Refrain:
Yes, Alice Smith loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
As He loved so long ago,
Taking children on His knee,
Saying, “Let them come to Me.”
Alice Smith loves me still today,
Walking with me on my way,
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.
Alice Smith loves me! He who died
Heaven’s gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.
Alice Smith loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way;
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.

Sandy Vagina
09-27-2013, 05:57 PM
ALICE SMITH HAS THE CURE FOR AIDS AND CANCER, AMIRITEGUYZ?

any chance we can get this troll banned too? He/she is no different than the Alex Smiff turd that you flushed a short time ago.. clearly only here to troll and incite.

DO IT. :D

AliceSmith
09-27-2013, 05:58 PM
any chance we can get this troll banned too? He/she is no different than the Alex Smiff turd that you flushed a short time ago.. clearly only here to troll and incite.

DO IT. :D

Refrain:
The Bible tells me so.
As He loved so long ago,

Refrain:
The Bible tells me so.
As He loved so long ago,

Refrain:
The Bible tells me so.
As He loved so long ago,

Refrain:
The Bible tells me so.
As He loved so long ago,

Kaepernick
09-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Refrain:
The Bible tells me so.
As He loved so long ago,

Way to ruin a beautiful song, asshole! :mad:

Leave the ever lovely and wonderful Dale Evans out of the gutter of this here discussion.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nwdl0DJD2-I?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaepernick
09-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Maybe it's time for Roy and Dale to say goodbye to this here thread!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NCr4TtJezjg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Makes you wonder if Metallica ever did a cover of this?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Creepy Planet

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Damnit. Can not give rep to banned personage.

Mav
09-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Damnit. Can not give rep to banned personage.

I just hope you were planning the red kind.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2013, 09:03 PM

His rendition really elevated us out of Sunday School, and in to a new stratosphere. That's Kasey Kasem material, right there.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Screw the wins, just chuck it deep.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2013, 09:09 PM
The wins will begin to dry up if we are unable to occasionally chuck it deep.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XWK7QLvuI-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jakemall
09-27-2013, 09:56 PM

How the fuck did he get banned here?

That makes 3 sites...LMAO

splatbass
09-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Honestly dude, I just don't think you are a good fit for Chiefsplanet. There are other forums that have your same mindset, and I think you would be much more happy reading one of those.

I'm talking koolaid bowls at the end of the rainbow man. You would LOVE it there.

Dude, I've been here a lot longer than you. Sorry if I tell the truth and you can't handle it.

beach tribe
09-27-2013, 10:18 PM
I wasn't hating on Bray- I was making a comment on the stoopid Gay for Bray your sweet girlfriend has. :shake:

I am on the record saying he looked much better than Chase and have never said a bad thing about him. Hopefully Alex will help him like he did Kape.

The way I see it, Alex knows what Bray needs to, and Bray can do what Alex just cant.
If Smith can Tudor Bray for a cpl seasons, I, who have watched as many of Brays games, if not more, than anyone here or anywhere, truly believe that he can be an Elite QB in this league.

Thig Lyfe
09-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Refrain:
The Bible tells me so.
As He loved so long ago,

Refrain:
The Bible tells me so.
As He loved so long ago,

Refrain:
The Bible tells me so.
As He loved so long ago,

Refrain:
The Bible tells me so.
As He loved so long ago,

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191hg6f4dc2zsgif/original.gif

notorious
09-27-2013, 10:33 PM

JFC

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2013, 10:34 PM

LMAO shite.

beach tribe
09-27-2013, 10:40 PM

ROFL

beach tribe
09-27-2013, 10:41 PM
OMG. My sides hurt.

NinerDoug
09-28-2013, 02:15 AM
Refrain:
The Bible tells me so.
As He loved so long ago,

Dude was like an annoying insect. You swat at it, it comes back and lands on you again. Glad the flyswatter came out.

petegz28
09-29-2013, 02:21 PM
yeah, uh....how's this working out for ya'll?????

LMAO

Mav
09-29-2013, 02:21 PM
yeah, uh....how's this working out for ya'll?????

LMAO

Oh, there will be whiners. I shall laugh

l4z4rd
09-29-2013, 02:22 PM
time to finally bring this thread to a rest?

Easy 6
09-29-2013, 02:23 PM
I hope the haters can shut their pieholes for atleast one week.

Mav
09-29-2013, 02:24 PM
I hope the haters can shut their pieholes for atleast one week.

Wont happen. OTWP is already posting about how alex smith has been missing wide open guys all day.

There will be Crying....Who cares. They are running out of ammunition.

Bearcat
09-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Clock work... time to get out the agendas!

For the first time this year, they stretched the field a bit, and it paid off really well.

- "haters" say they need to stretch the field
- they stretch the field
- they win 31-7

Seems like the "haters" were right. :shrug:

teedubya
#TeamAlex

RainMaker
Just a one week reprieve from bashing Alex...how could it hurt anybody? It's like taking time off from beating your kids. It benefits everybody. (bad analogy, baaaad analogy)

petegz28
09-29-2013, 02:27 PM

For the first time this year, they stretched the field a bit, and it paid off really well.

- they stretch the field
- they win 31-7

If you want to reach for it, go'on 'head, brah!

Mav
09-29-2013, 02:28 PM

- they stretch the field
- they win 31-7

No one said they didn't need to do anything. People said that patience, it was a work in progress.

No one said, "THEY DONT NEED TO STRETCH THE FIELD."

Just said it was a work in progress.

So, both sides were right?

Or, do you really wanna play the I was right game?

Sandy Vagina

- they stretch the field
- they win 31-7

very amusing spin-job reach there, lolz!

Bearcat
Just a one week reprieve from bashing Alex...how could it hurt anybody? It's like taking time off from beating your kids. It benefits everybody. (bad analogy, baaaad analogy)

Except, there hasn't been all that much hating... there's been a whole lot of "who is who we thought he was," which was true for 3 weeks. Today, he showed us more, which is what the "haters" wanted to see. Hope he keeps it up.

jd1020
09-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Finally saw Alex taking some chances with passes.

Bout time he's growing a pair.

Mav
09-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Except, there hasn't been all that much hating... there's been a whole lot of "who is who we thought he was," which was true for 3 weeks. Today, he showed us more, which is what the "haters" wanted to see. Hope he keeps it up.

just getting more comfortable.

he looks completely different than I have ever seen him.

Easy 6
09-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Wont happen. OTWP is already posting about how alex smith has been missing wide open guys all day.

There will be Crying....Who cares. They are running out of ammunition.

If Avery hadn't dropped everything but his pants, Axl would've been well over 300 yards today... running out of ammo indeed.

Mav
09-29-2013, 02:31 PM
If Avery hadn't dropped everything but his pants, Axl would've been well over 300 yards today... running out of ammo indeed.

Im hoping the Alex Smith detractors, are smart enough this week, to just let things be.

They aren't ready for the RAGE I will spew this week.

Sandy Vagina
just getting more comfortable.

he looks completely different than I have ever seen him.

not me. :D

RunKC
Alex Smith was fantastic today and looked like a franchise QB. 288 yards, deep passes, everything.

And he threw THREE TD's.

Hey Clay, that's 7 TD's in 4 games, on pace for 28. That bet is looking real good about now

Bearcat
09-29-2013, 02:32 PM
very amusing spin-job reach there, lolz!

It's not true? Sure, there's the Alice Smith guy who just bashes, and other true haters, but duncan, OTWP, myself, and others have simply wanted to see more, and today we saw it. You can say "told you so"/"shut it, haters" all you want, but it doesn't mean any of us were wrong for the first 3 weeks, and I'm happy he showed us more today. I had already said, several times, that he'll have his tests and that we'll see if he can consistently play at a high level.

For 3 weeks, he was who we thought he was... today, he showed us something, IMO. Hope he continues to improve.

Mr. Laz
09-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Interceptions weren't really his fault
Tons of drops
heavy pass rush early in the game
ran for a decent gains
improvised for some completions

good game for Alex Smith

Hammock Parties
09-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Today was proof it's OK to throw INTs.

This was his best game by far.

damaticous
09-29-2013, 02:35 PM
He'd be better if he didn't pat the ball before most of his throws. he'd be even better if he didn't look at the receiver that he is going to throw to when he pats the ball.

2 VERY big "tells" to me.

Otherwise, very nice job.

Ragged Robin
09-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Not a perfect game but might have been a pretty monster game if Avery/Bowe/Charles knew how to hold onto the ball.. especially that 2nd INT ouch..

Bearcat
09-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Not a perfect game but might have been a pretty monster game if Avery/Bowe/McCluster knew how to hold onto the ball.. especially that 2nd INT ouch..

The 2nd interception was thrown behind him... kind of a fluky pick, but a pretty tough catch to make, too.

AlexSmithDynasty
09-29-2013, 02:39 PM
I knew at some point Smith would start winning over KC fans.

Ragged Robin
The 2nd interception was thrown behind him... kind of a fluky pick, but a pretty tough catch to make, too.

Wasn't a perfect throw but if you have both your hands on it and you're getting paid millions of dollars to catch the ball.. you need to catch it. Period. Is that so hard to ask? We were 4th in MOST dropped passes in the league coming into this game btw.

Iconic
Good last half by Alex. He's starting to stretch the field.

alanm
09-29-2013, 02:44 PM
OMG. My sides hurt.That gif just struck me as one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile. ROFL

Kaepernick
09-29-2013, 02:46 PM
The Alex see-saw goes up and down week to week. I assume that won't change, but we'll see. I am not referring to Alex's play so much as the "Alex sux" "Alex is great" mood swings by forum posters about him from week to week.

One week Alex looks very good and the lovers crow. The next week he looks very blah and the haters crow.

Rinse.
Repeat.

I will say CONGRATS to Alex on the 3 TD passing game.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Alex seems to be improving week to week. I grow more comfortable with him every time.

It's scary.

Mav
09-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Alex seems to be improving week to week. I grow more comfortable with him every time.

It's scary.

Yeah, too bad its going to be Alex Smith and Maverick, that leads to your demise.

Although, ill give you this week to back out. And to remove me from your sig and avatar......

You have until Thursday when the browns game starts.

Eleazar
09-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Alex is trolling yall

Bwana
09-29-2013, 02:58 PM
4-0

BlackHelicopters
09-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Who woulda thunk it?

Kaepernick
09-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Snoopy (Mavericks Ace) - I will still never neg rep you no matter how many times you continue to do this to me. I have no clue what you get out of it.

Maybe it is just your way of celebrating a a win.

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Except, there hasn't been all that much hating... there's been a whole lot of "who is who we thought he was," which was true for 3 weeks. Today, he showed us more, which is what the "haters" wanted to see. Hope he keeps it up.New coaches, new QB, new offense. Were there really people dumb enough to think he wouldn't show more?

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Alex Smith did, does, and always will win.

Mav
09-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Snoopy (Mavericks Ace) - I will still never neg rep you no matter how many times you continue to do this to me. I have no clue what you get out of it.

Maybe it is just your way of jizzing to a win. :hmmm:

You are a tool. You don't belong here. You are nothing but a worthless troll, who after the best game from Alex in a very long time, decided to come here and do your song and dance.

You have no reason to have positive rep. You are a shit poster, you are a shit human being, you have done nothing but run me into the ground here, when all I did was stand up for Alex Smith, and now he is proving everything you said incorrect, and backing up everything I said.

You deserve Negative rep. And lets not put it out there like I neg rep you every day. I don't. But your timing was horrid.

Go, a w a y.

Namor40
09-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Lulz.

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73

Geno Smith now has 7 INTs and 2 fumbles lost in his first 3-plus NFL games. #Jets

opposition
09-29-2013, 03:11 PM
You are a tool. You don't belong here. You are nothing but a worthless troll, who after the best game from Alex in a very long time, decided to come here and do your song and dance.

You have no reason to have positive rep. You are a shit poster, you are a shit human being, you have done nothing but run me into the ground here, when all I did was stand up for Alex Smith, and now he is proving everything you said incorrect, and backing up everything I said.

You deserve Negative rep. And lets not put it out there like I neg rep you every day. I don't. But your timing was horrid.

Go, a w a y.

Probably one of the same dumbasses that did it in SF and now thinks Kaepernick is a superstar. Even though Alex has better stats in every single category there is. Yards, completion %, td's, int's, wins, QB rating and so on. You name it Alex is playing better football.

Now I'm a 9ers fan first and foremost and I actually like Kaep. but the stupidity behind joining a board to trash Alex is ridiculous. There is no point in it besides to get a little boner.

Personally I don't come around here much because douche bags like this give our fanbase a bad name.

Kaepernick
09-29-2013, 03:12 PM

Go, a w a y.

All this animosity directed at me from the forum poster who received an epic beatdown and was all but drummed off the forum for for idle threats, raising the ire of the entire forum. If all you did was support Alex, how did it come to be you were almost driven off the forum in shame? You claim you are innocent as the driven snow, just a humble Alex supporter, yet you had forum members display your entire personal history, you had aggravated them so badly.

But I'm the bad guy...

Why can't you just enjoy the win without having to propagate these downer side battles. Why can't you just ignore my post, let sleeping dog's lie, and enjoy Alex being 4-0?

You baffle me.

JENKINSWINS
09-29-2013, 03:16 PM
The Alex see-saw goes up and down week to week. I assume that won't change, but we'll see. I am not referring to Alex's play so much as the "Alex sux" "Alex is great" mood swings by forum posters about him from week to week.

One week Alex looks very good and the lovers crow. The next week he looks very blah and the haters crow.

Rinse.
Repeat.

He's been carrying the offense in all of the games so far. The run game is horrible, Oline looked it's best today in pass protection (was really bad the 1st 3 games). The only see-saw games I see are with the players around him. Avery dropped a bunch of passes today, Bowe, and Charles had some drops as well. You also have to take into account he has been using back up TEs for the last 2 weeks.

Sandy Vagina
09-29-2013, 03:20 PM
You baffle me.

He is pissed because you have no reason to be here. Not a Chiefs fan.. so the baffling thing is why the mods allow you to stay just to troll SF fans. :hmmm:

Bearcat
09-29-2013, 03:24 PM
New coaches, new QB, new offense. Were there really people dumb enough to think he wouldn't show more?

Everyone knew that, and the argument prior to today wasn't "he'll show more" it was "he's already shown enough"... most of the 'haters' have said all along that he's been who we thought he was, and this is the first he's proven otherwise. And like when we said the first 3 games weren't a big enough sample to determine his worth, one good game isn't, either.

I don't know why people are so quick to make definitive statements one way or the other... it's a long season and their opponents have a combined 3 wins so far (and two of those are against teams that are still winless). He showed a lot today and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

Rausch
09-29-2013, 03:25 PM
.. so the baffling thing is why the mods allow you to stay just to troll SF fans. :hmmm:

That's not baffling - that's entertainment...

58kcfan89
09-29-2013, 03:26 PM
I'll man up here. I was one of the people at the front of the "ZOMG WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB" line and thought we should have reached on Geno, Manuel or whomever at the top of the draft, didn't like Smith and I thought we overpaid with the draft picks for him (which I'll stand by, at least for now). I was wrong. Just shows you why I'm not making those decisions (although I think I'd be a better GM than that ****head we shitcanned in January...).

He hasn't been amazing, but he's been good, which is considerably better than anything we've had in awhile. I still have my reservations about Smith, but considering we were 2-14 last year, I'll gladly take 4-0 at this point. We can cross the playoff bridge if (when?) we come to it.

I haven't spent any money on this team since the 2010 playoff game and am planning on changing that in the next week or so. I'm tired of being mad at them for not acquiring a franchise QB when I can't change that fact (plus, ya know, the 4-0 thing). It feels good to care again.

Good on Hunt, Dorsey and Reid. I can definitely feel a difference just by watching the games on TV & reading the comments around here.

Bearcat
09-29-2013, 03:28 PM

Rinse.
Repeat.

I don't see much see-sawing at all... and like politics or religion or just about anything else, the arguing usually just entrenches people further into their original opinion. Those who were sold on him after a game or two are still sold on him, and those who wanted to see more saw something today. It's still September, but it's starting to look promising.

Sandy Vagina
09-29-2013, 03:28 PM
I'll man up here. I was one of the people at the front of the "ZOMG WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB" line and thought we should have reached on Geno, Manuel or whomever at the top of the draft, didn't like Smith and I thought we overpaid with the draft picks for him (which I'll stand by, at least for now). I was wrong.

He hasn't been amazing, but he's been good

Manned up, indeed. And GOOD is all any supporter has ever really said about Smith. :D

Whosurdaddy
09-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Everyone knew that, and the argument prior to today wasn't "he'll show more" it was "he's already shown enough"... most of the 'haters' have said all along that he's been who we thought he was, and this is the first he's proven otherwise. And like when we said the first 3 games weren't a big enough sample to determine his worth, one good game isn't, either.

Show us the 'he's shown enough' comments. The thread title is about how he sucks. The vast majority of the discussion in this thread is in relation to him being terrible or not. Stop moving goalposts.

58kcfan89
09-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Manned up, indeed. And GOOD is all any supporter has ever really said about Smith. :D

That's fair. I've got some people around here who keep telling me that he's a Top 10 QB (one person even says he's top 5...), and won't listen when I try to tell them that he's good, but he's not elite. We'll see what happens, but I can't argue with the results thus far.

TheUte
09-29-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't see much see-sawing at all... and like politics or religion or just about anything else, the arguing usually just entrenches people further into their original opinion. Those who were sold on him after a game or two are still sold on him, and those who wanted to see more saw something today. It's still September, but it's starting to look promising.

Ummm, Yeah the thread title; Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.

Can maybe we move on from it.

Bearcat
09-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Show us the 'he's shown enough' comments. The thread title is about how he sucks. The vast majority of the discussion in this thread is in relation to him being terrible or not. Stop moving goalposts.

Read the thread... all the way back to week 1, there are people saying he's a huge upgrade to Cassel, and just this week dumwits like Halfcan have said he can take the Chiefs deep into the playoffs..... and that's only Chiefs fans and not those who followed him from SF.

Gochiefs is dramatic, nothing new there.

I have no reason to move the goal posts... if he ends up being significantly better than who I thought he was, that's awesome. I've been wrong about things more important than a freakin' game.

Kaepernick
09-29-2013, 03:50 PM

There won't be much see-sawing while you are undefeated, I imagine.

I didn't see the game, so I don't know the details of your passing attack. I've noted various criticisms of Alex that I believe, and maybe they are true or they are not true? I leave it to you guys to help me assess that.

I've said he needs wide open receivers or he is unwilling to throw the ball. I also said he was unwilling to throw receivers open.

Did Alex throw into windows today or were the NY DBs playing off the KC receivers? Alex had his only 300 yard passing game under Jim Harbaugh playing against an opponent who played off his receivers, giving them a lot of cushion, which made Alex willing to throw. Was that the case today vs. NY, or was the coverage tight and Alex was willing to throw into small windows & throw receivers open. Maybe he has learned to do this or maybe I was wrong in my assessment. I would appreciate the feedback from somebody who saw the game and knows these answers.

I've said Alex struggles throwing to his left. Did he take advantage of that today or was he able to avoid throws to his left? I didn't see the game but the play by play shows 8 short left passes by Alex. 1 was intercepted. How many of those were passes past the line of scrimmage? I'm not talking about him struggling throwing on a designed play to the left flat, but when he has to go through his progressions and make a throw to the left, he has struggled. Just curious if you guys have seen this issue or he looks fine with this?

Also, he had 2 interceptions today, which is not every Alex Smith like. Were these on Alex or his receivers?

After the trade, I came here and stated Alex's strengths and said you are getting a very good QB who has key weakness that will prevent him from being a top 10 QB or getting to the next level, such as being risk averse and lacking an attacking mentality. I've always said Alex is a good QB. Jim Harbaugh coached Alex into being a very good QB with great ball security, an ability to read defenses, and a mastery of the short passing game.

I've only noted criticisms such as those above and I wonder if he showed them this game or not. Maybe he has overcome them with Andy's coaching. I don't know. All I ever said was that he would be a placeholder and not your QBoTF and that 2 2nd rounders was too much to give up for a placeholder, that you would be better off spending those draft picks building your team for the future.

I've never been one of them that said "Alex sux" or is a bad NFL starting QB like Sanchez or Kolb or even Vick. I've said time and again I would take Alex over the Romocoaster or Cutler.

Whosurdaddy
09-29-2013, 03:59 PM

I didn't see the game, so I don't know the details of your passing attack. I've noted various criticisms of Alex that I believe, and maybe they are true or they are not true? I leave it to you guys to help me assess that.

I've said he needs wide open receivers or he is unwilling to throw the ball. I also said he was unwilling to throw receivers open.

Did Alex throw into windows today or were the NY DBs playing off the KC receivers? Alex had his only 300 yard passing game under Jim Harbaugh playing against an opponent who played off his receivers, giving them a lot of cushion, which made Alex willing to throw. Was that the case today vs. NY, or was the coverage tight and Alex was willing to throw into small windows & throw receivers open. Maybe he has learned to do this or maybe I was wrong in my assessment. I would appreciate the feedback from somebody who saw the game and knows these answers.

I've said Alex struggles throwing to his left. Did he take advantage of that today or was he able to avoid throws to his left? I didn't see the game but the play by play shows 8 short left passes by Alex. 1 was intercepted. How many of those were passes past the line of scrimmage? I'm not talking about him struggling throwing on a designed play to the left flat, but when he has to go through his progressions and make a throw to the left, he has struggled. Just curious if you guys have seen this issue or he looks fine with this?

Also, he had 2 interceptions today, which is not every Alex Smith like. Were these on Alex or his receivers?

Jim Harbaugh coached Alex into being a very good QB with great ball security, an ability to read defenses, and a mastery of the short passing game. I've only noted criticisms such as those above and I wonder if he showed them this game or not. Maybe he has overcome them with Andy's coaching. I don't know.

Both interceptions were arguably due to WR play, one being Bowe losing the inside and the other from Charles having one pop off his hands. It was probably Smith's most complete game today. He took some chances down field and was money rolling the pocket. Keep in mind he has been playing with backup's backups at TE. Some of this may be becasue the Oline looked better today than last week. He would have been well over 300 yards today without all the drops.

JENKINSWINS
09-29-2013, 04:01 PM

After the trade, I came here and stated Alex's strengths and said you are getting a very good QB who has key weakness that will prevent him from being a top 10 QB or getting to the next level, such as being risk averse and lacking an attacking mentality. I've always said Alex is a good QB. Jim Harbaugh coached Alex into being a very good QB with great ball security, an ability to read defenses, and a mastery of the short passing game.

I've only noted criticisms such as those above and I wonder if he showed them this game or not. Maybe he has overcome them with Andy's coaching. I don't know. All I ever said was that he would be a placeholder and not your QBoTF and that 2 2nd rounders was too much to give up for a placeholder, that you would be better off spending those draft picks building your team for the future.

I've never been one of them that said "Alex sux" or is a bad NFL starting QB like Sanchez or Kolb or even Vick. I've said time and again I would take Alex over the Romocoaster or Cutler.

Blah blah blah. Kaepernick can't beat Seattle, that means he never will. He also needs Gore to be really productive in the run game to win.

Please go away.

JENKINSWINS
09-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Both interceptions were arguably due to WR play, one being Bowe losing the inside and the other from Charles having one pop off his hands. It was probably Smith's most complete game today. He took some chances down field and was money rolling the pocket. Keep in mind he has been playing with backup's backups at TE. Some of this may be becasue the Oline looked better today than last week. He would have been well over 300 yards today without all the drops.

He carried the offense today, that's for sure! With his legs and his arm.

Bearcat
09-29-2013, 04:03 PM

Jim Harbaugh coached Alex into being a very good QB with great ball security, an ability to read defenses, and a mastery of the short passing game. I've only noted criticisms such as those above and I wonder if he showed them this game or not. Maybe he has overcome them with Andy's coaching. I don't know.

He threw into windows, mostly in the 2nd half... a lot of intermediate throws, and not a matter of wide open receivers. He had a few chances to throw receivers open that I saw, and didn't take them. The Eagles game was mostly about YAC, and this game (particularly the 2nd half) was about the intermediate passing game.

The picks weren't really on Smith... on the first one, he threw the ball as Bowe was getting inside position on a slant, but Bowe let off and the defender got inside. At worst, it was miscommunication. The 2nd pick was a bad throw behind the receiver, who tried to bring it in, and it bounced around a bit... some say it should have been caught, but it would have been a pretty tough catch. The interception was kind of fluky though and was reviewed to see if it touched the ground.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-29-2013, 04:07 PM
That throw to Kevin Brock was just money.

Sandy Vagina
09-29-2013, 04:09 PM

was my favorite of the day for him, really...

JENKINSWINS
09-29-2013, 04:10 PM

Hmmm, did Alex Smith make Vernon Davis good? The way he's hitting these 3rd and 4th string guys leads makes me wonder. :hmmm:

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2013, 04:14 PM
I'll man up here. I was one of the people at the front of the "ZOMG WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB" line and thought we should have reached on Geno, Manuel or whomever at the top of the draft, didn't like Smith and I thought we overpaid with the draft picks for him (which I'll stand by, at least for now). I was wrong. Just shows you why I'm not making those decisions (although I think I'd be a better GM than that ****head we shitcanned in January...).

He hasn't been amazing, but he's been good, which is considerably better than anything we've had in awhile. I still have my reservations about Smith, but considering we were 2-14 last year, I'll gladly take 4-0 at this point. We can cross the playoff bridge if (when?) we come to it.

I haven't spent any money on this team since the 2010 playoff game and am planning on changing that in the next week or so. I'm tired of being mad at them for not acquiring a franchise QB when I can't change that fact (plus, ya know, the 4-0 thing). It feels good to care again.

Good on Hunt, Dorsey and Reid. I can definitely feel a difference just by watching the games on TV & reading the comments around here.The thing is, there was literally no point in being wrong. Geno Smith wasn't close to worth 1.1. Alex Smith had been pretty solid in his final season in SF. What had Dorsey/Reid done to instill such a lack of trust?

Kaepernick
09-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Blah blah blah. Kaepernick can't beat Seattle, that means he never will. He also needs Gore to be really productive in the run game to win.

Please go away.

And this is why I can't talk football with you. I asked clear questions regarding what I perceive as Alex's shortcomings. You would rather harp on another team's QB the Chiefs fans don't care about, than just answer the questions.

You are useless.

Thread is "Alex Smith Sucks". I am not the OP. I never said Smith sucks. You can answer the questions or take a hike. But you won't answer the questions.

Kaepernick
09-29-2013, 04:45 PM
He threw into windows, mostly in the 2nd half... a lot of intermediate throws, and not a matter of wide open receivers. He had a few chances to throw receivers open that I saw, and didn't take them. The Eagles game was mostly about YAC, and this game (particularly the 2nd half) was about the intermediate passing game.

The picks weren't really on Smith... on the first one, he threw the ball as Bowe was getting inside position on a slant, but Bowe let off and the defender got inside. At worst, it was miscommunication. The 2nd pick was a bad throw behind the receiver, who tried to bring it in, and it bounced around a bit... some say it should have been caught, but it would have been a pretty tough catch. The interception was kind of fluky though and was reviewed to see if it touched the ground.

Thanks very much for the feedback.

How about the throws to left. Were any over 5 yards? Or more like called check downs to the flat looking for YAC? Just curious. It seemed Alex always struggled throwing to his left when he was just in the pocket and going through progressions.

Sandy Vagina
09-29-2013, 04:46 PM
And this is why I can't talk football with you. I asked clear questions regarding what I perceive as Alex's shortcomings. You would rather harp on another team's QB the Chiefs fans don't care about, than just answer the questions.

You are useless.

Thread is "Alex Smith Sucks". I am not the OP. I never said Smith sucks. You can answer the questions or take a hike. But you won't answer the questions.

just GTFO. You have no business being here.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1089367_o.gif

JENKINSWINS
09-29-2013, 04:54 PM

You are useless.

I'm useless and you can't figure out how to watch KC games online? You seem to be in this thread enough to care about questioning Alex, so stop being useless and watch their games so you can judge for yourself.

duncan_idaho
09-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Haven't checked this thread since before the game (spent the afternoon painting trim, joy), but I can imagine what it has been.

I'll say that today was a big step forward for Smith and the Chiefs offense, IMO. The o attacked much more in the intermediate and deep routes, and Smith was much more aggressive about picking windows into which to throw.

We DID see the randomness of turnovers today (first pick was a really good play by a quality, physical corner and second one was a bad throw with some bad luck for Smith), but the O played through it.

Hope we keep seeing More of that type of play. Will take that - and a higher TO percentage - over what we saw in the first 11 quarters of play this year. Any day.

The hopes of my heart regarding Smith (that Andy Reid was right about him) started to outweigh the doubts of my head. Hope that trend continues.

Mav
09-29-2013, 05:24 PM
All this animosity directed at me from the forum poster who received an epic beatdown and was all but drummed off the forum for for idle threats, raising the ire of the entire forum. If all you did was support Alex, how did it come to be you were almost driven off the forum in shame? You claim you are innocent as the driven snow, just a humble Alex supporter, yet you had forum members display your entire personal history, you had aggravated them so badly.

But I'm the bad guy...

Why can't you just enjoy the win without having to propagate these downer side battles. Why can't you just ignore my post, let sleeping dog's lie, and enjoy Alex being 4-0?

You baffle me.

Oh, I thought you didn't read my posts?

LIAR. And, for the record. That whole thing started because of a thread I started regarding the 49ers message board and their turd posters........

Including, YOURSELF.

Get fucked in the ass by a tribe of red assed aid infested baboons you delusional tool bag......

Mav
09-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks very much for the feedback.

How about the throws to left. Were any over 5 yards? Or more like called check downs to the flat looking for YAC? Just curious. It seemed Alex always struggled throwing to his left when he was just in the pocket and going through progressions.

On a first and 25 play he hit Brock down the left seam over two defenders. perfect touch pass to get the first down.

Not really sure what left or right really has to do with anything.

Rausch
09-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Get ****ed in the ass by a tribe of red assed aid infested baboons you delusional tool bag......

Not bad.

He's starting to believe...

http://www.lightalongthejourney.com/Images/neo-Bullets.gif

JENKINSWINS
09-29-2013, 05:43 PM
On a first and 25 play he hit Brock down the left seam over two defenders. perfect touch pass to get the first down.

Exactly, this dude is as useless as Kaepernick playing against the Seattle defense.

Ragged Robin
09-29-2013, 05:45 PM

It's mechanics. Typically younger QBs struggle throwing to their left because they aren't used to turning their body/resetting their feet to throw to their left, resulting in less accurate throws across their body. I don't feel like his assertion is valid though, Alex also made a great throw rolling left to McCluster for a 1st.

Mav
09-29-2013, 05:46 PM
It's mechanics. Typically younger QBs struggle throwing to their left because they aren't used to turning their body/resetting their feet to throw to their left, resulting in less accurate throws across their body. I don't feel like his assertion is valid though, Alex also made a great throw rolling left to McCluster for a 1st.

I had never heard anyone suggest that Alex Smith couldn't throw left.

In 2011 his favorite receiver was Josh Morgan, and he always came off the left. hell, the td pass to Vernon to beat the saints, was to the left, his second td to Vernon in the nfccg, was to the left. I don't understand this left over right.

Coach
09-29-2013, 05:47 PM

I will say this....

I feel a lot more comfortable and confident with Alex Smith, than I ever was in the Mark Castle era.

That's saying a lot.

JENKINSWINS
09-29-2013, 06:00 PM
I will say this....

I feel a lot more comfortable and confident with Alex Smith, than I ever was in the Mark Castle era.

That's saying a lot.

Mark Castle, ROFL

58kcfan89
09-29-2013, 06:06 PM
The thing is, there was literally no point in being wrong. Geno Smith wasn't close to worth 1.1. Alex Smith had been pretty solid in his final season in SF. What had Dorsey/Reid done to instill such a lack of trust?

I loved both the Reid & Dorsey hires at the time, because I had it in my head that they'd draft a QB #1 overall & develop him into the superstar we've deserved for so long. When they didn't, I got a little pissed. Knowing what I know now about where the QBs all went combined with how well Smith has played is exactly why I'm willing to admit that I was wrong about the entire scenario.

It had little, if anything to do with Reid/Dorsey. Had pretty much everything to do with the Chiefs past history. I don't think you can totally blame me for being a little skeptical...

Giving up a second round pick (probably 2) for a backup QB (regardless of how well he played or how he lost his job).... Where had I seen that before?

Either way, I'm on board now. Between A. Smith and S. Smith (I'm still holding out hope that Fisher doesn't totally suck), Dorsey's shown a pretty good eye for talent in turning the roster around and Reid is everything we thought he'd be. Like I said, I still have some reservations about whether we can compete with the elite teams with Smith, but I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2013, 06:18 PM
I loved both the Reid & Dorsey hires at the time, because I had it in my head that they'd draft a QB #1 overall & develop him into the superstar we've deserved for so long. When they didn't, I got a little pissed. Knowing what I know now about where the QBs all went combined with how well Smith has played is exactly why I'm willing to admit that I was wrong about the entire scenario.

It had little, if anything to do with Reid/Dorsey. Had pretty much everything to do with the Chiefs past history. I don't think you can totally blame me for being a little skeptical...

Giving up a second round pick (probably 2) for a backup QB (regardless of how well he played or how he lost his job).... Where had I seen that before?

Either way, I'm on board now. Between A. Smith and S. Smith (I'm still holding out hope that Fisher doesn't totally suck), Dorsey's shown a pretty good eye for talent in turning the roster around and Reid is everything we thought he'd be. Like I said, I still have some reservations about whether we can compete with the elite teams with Smith, but I'll worry about that when the time comes.No, I completely understand the skepticism. Nothing wrong with your approach. I just don't understand the clowns like Clayton that think Smith can't be good.

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 06:20 PM

Either way, I'm on board now. Between A. Smith and S. Smith (I'm still holding out hope that Fisher doesn't totally suck), Dorsey's shown a pretty good eye for talent in turning the roster around and Reid is everything we thought he'd be. Like I said, I still have some reservations about whether we can compete with the elite teams with Smith, but I'll worry about that when the time comes.

There are no elite teams. That's the beauty of the parity that the NFL has implemented.

Don't think so?

The Giants won the Super Bowl two years ago and they are 0-4 right now. Green Bay and the Ravens won the Super Bowl as 9-7 Wild Card teams.

You can be elite on any given weekend and simply need the correct matchups in the playoffs to reach the ultimate prize.

The Chiefs are 4-0 with three blowouts, a QB that was in the NFC Championship game just a year and a half ago and a top five defense. We are that elite team right now. You better fucking believe that offensive coordinators on our schedule are shitting themselves blind trying to come up with someway to stop Houston, Hali and Poe with Smith, Berry and Flowers controlling the backfield.

And defensive coordinators on our schedule are likewise shitting themselves trying to figure out a way to pressure Smith and Charles and Co. into making bad decisions. Smith has been under constant pressure for the first quarter of the season and he's still leading a confident and controlled offensive attack.

This is, as of right now, an elite team.

You better fucking believe it.

Because the Chiefs sure do.

Discuss Thrower
09-29-2013, 06:23 PM
There are no elite teams. That's the beauty of the parity that the NFL has implemented.

Don't think so?

The Giants won the Super Bowl two years ago and they are 0-4 right now. Green Bay and the Ravens won the Super Bowl as 9-7 Wild Card teams.

You can be elite on any given weekend and simply need the correct matchups in the playoffs to reach the ultimate prize.

The Chiefs are 4-0 with three blowouts, a QB that was in the NFC Championship game just a year and a half ago and a top five defense. We are that elite team right now. You better ****ing believe that offensive coordinators on our schedule are shitting themselves blind trying to come up with someway to stop Houston, Hali and Poe with Smith, Berry and Flowers controlling the backfield.

And defensive coordinators on our schedule are likewise shitting themselves trying to figure out a way to pressure Smith and Charles and Co. into making bad decisions. Smith has been under constant pressure for the first quarter of the season and he's still leading a confident and controlled offensive attack.

This is, as of right now, an elite team.

You better ****ing believe it.

Because the Chiefs sure do.

The Chiefs have handled four mediocre to bad teams. They're doing what good teams are expected to do. IMO they can be crowned if they take care of opponents going into the bye.

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 06:30 PM
No, I completely understand the skepticism. Nothing wrong with your approach. I just don't understand the clowns like Clayton that think Smith can't be good.

C.E. knows Smith is good. He's said it years ago actually. He, like a bunch of other doomsayers, got caught up in the mistaken belief that the Chiefs would never amount to jack shit unless they drafted a QB in the first round - any QB.

They wanted Clausen. They wanted Sanchez. Anybody.

Because he would be ours and ours alone.

Maybe they have this virginal complex or something, but whatever the case, Smith was a good QB. Even top level QB the past two seasons at SF. However, because no coach/team ever lets a franchise level QB go, they assumed that Smith sucked because the 49ers were willing to trade him.

They didn't understand Reid, his coaching philosophy, Smith's strengths and how they would mesh.

They just knew that he wasn't known for throwing 85 yard Jeff George bombs and SF traded for him because they had a guy (Kaepernick) who could. Therefore Smith must suck.

And that's why they all were like "I have to see more." "I need to see more." without really understanding how the QB was relating to the offense as it was diagramed by Reid. Even as the Chiefs went 3-0, they were still "Well, he didn't throw the ball downfield enough for me and my Madden mentality to consider him decent...sure the wins are there, but doesn't there have to be more?"

Now, at 4-0, crow is beginning to be served.

Eleazar
09-29-2013, 06:30 PM
No, I completely understand the skepticism. Nothing wrong with your approach. I just don't understand the clowns like Clayton that think Smith can't be good.

He's pot-committed.

He'll have to go down like he did with Downfield Damon

ChiefsCountry
09-29-2013, 06:44 PM
I've seen 11 win seasons from Steve DeBerg. I've seen 13 wins from Bono. I've seen 13 wins from Grbac/Gannon. I've seen 13 wins from Trent Green.

ZERO FUCKING PLAYOFF WINS.

Win in January, bottom line. Alex Smith played great today. He wasn't a mental pussy with the football like he normally is. We can win in January with today's Alex. The first 3 weeks Alex and we are getting our ass handed to us or blaming the kicker or some other queer excuse.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 08:02 PM
288; he's getting closer!

splatbass
09-29-2013, 08:14 PM
288; he's getting closer!

Would have been well over 300 without all the dropped passes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Would have been well over 300 without all the dropped passes.

Who was/were the culprit(s)? My text said Bowe caught the longest pass for a TD.

l4z4rd
09-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Who was/were the culprit(s)? My text said Bowe caught the longest pass for a TD.

Avery dropped like 4 passes alone.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-29-2013, 08:47 PM
On pace for 4400 total yards. That is a hell of alot more than managing a game.

splatbass
09-29-2013, 08:51 PM

Avery and Charles mostly. Avery dropped a bunch. And there was a screen pass where Charles never even looked for the ball. It was a catchable throw with room to run in front of him and he didn't even turn his head.

JENKINSWINS
09-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Avery and Charles mostly. Avery dropped a bunch. And there was a screen pass where Charles never even looked for the ball. It was a catchable throw with room to run in front of him and he didn't even turn his head.

The pass to JC was not a screen it was a wheel route. Would have been interesting to see how that play would've turned out had he looked for the ball.

Mr. Laz
09-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Avery and Charles mostly. Avery dropped a bunch. And there was a screen pass where Charles never even looked for the ball. It was a catchable throw with room to run in front of him and he didn't even turn his head.Charles also had a ball go right through his arms on an inside screen.

Bowe dropped one as well ... maybe 2

tons of annoying penalties and mistakes

team did a good job of not folding after all the poor plays

O.city
09-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Once the offense stopped shooting itself in the foot, good things happened

Mav
09-29-2013, 08:57 PM
I only can recall one bad pass by Alex Smith. That was the deep one down the left. just led him a little too far. I didn't see Bowes touchdown was that all on him?

Says 34 yards?

Jakemall
09-29-2013, 08:59 PM
I only can recall one bad pass by Alex Smith. That was the deep one down the left. just led him a little too far. I didn't see Bowes touchdown was that all on him?

Says 34 yards?

Quite a bit of yac..but it looked like it was a good 20 yard pass?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Avery dropped like 4 passes alone.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. He is who we thought he was?

Sounds like a miscommunication.

splatbass
09-29-2013, 09:03 PM
The pass to JC was not a screen it was a wheel route. Would have been interesting to see how that play would've turned out had he looked for the ball.

My mistake, but the point is still valid. If he had looked he could have gained a few yards anyway. There was no one around him.

Mav
09-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. He is who we thought he was?

He was running a route, he just never looked back at Alex, lol. no idea, he was obviously the check down. He had a linebacker about 5 yards from him, and then nothing but GREEN GRASS.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 09:06 PM
He was running a route, he just never looked back at Alex, lol. no idea, he was obviously the check down. He had a linebacker about 5 yards from him, and then nothing but GREEN GRASS.

Did the offense overall seem to be gelling a little better?

splatbass
09-29-2013, 09:06 PM

Charles was the dump off, he should have been looking. I have no idea why he wasn't. I don't think lack of communication had anything to do with it. Since according to you Smith is Captain Checkdown, the guy he checks down to should have been expecting it, no?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Charles was the dump off, he should have been looking. I have no idea why he wasn't. I don't think lack of communication had anything to do with it. Since according to you Smith is Captain Checkdown, the guy he checks down to should have been expecting it, no?

The correct term is "Cappy Checkpants", but I digress. :D

petegz28
09-29-2013, 09:11 PM

Charles is still learning how to be a pass-catching back. Haley and Romeo just ran him all the time with the occasional attempt at a screen.

Reid is West Coast offense and that means back catching the ball as much as if not more than they run it.

Sannyasi
09-29-2013, 09:12 PM

Says 34 yards?

It was an intermediate throw, around 15 yards if I remember correctly, and Bowe caught the ball and broke free of the tackle for the TD.

Mav
09-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Did the offense overall seem to be gelling a little better?

10 fold. oline looked better. Run blocking was a little spotty until the 4th quarter. Completely more aggressive. Deep balls, one deep to Avery that just missed, and then on a 1st and 25, Alex dropped back and just dropped a dime to brock for 25. impressive stuff. Alex was neglected today by some receivers. But the timing, and decision making, and blocking was tons better I thought.

ChiefsFanatic
09-29-2013, 09:13 PM

You were not wrong. chiefs fans deserve a home grown star QB. It just wasn't the year. And in your defense, Fisher hasn't played any better than Geno Smith.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 09:17 PM
10 fold. oline looked better. Run blocking was a little spotty until the 4th quarter. Completely more aggressive. Deep balls, one deep to Avery that just missed, and then on a 1st and 25, Alex dropped back and just dropped a dime to brock for 25. impressive stuff. Alex was neglected today by some receivers. But the timing, and decision making, and blocking was tons better I thought.

The 4th quarter trend is just strange for the Chiefs. But, if you're going to get your shit together, that's good time to do it.

Mav
09-29-2013, 09:23 PM
The 4th quarter trend is just strange for the Chiefs. But, if you're going to get your shit together, that's good time to do it.

Its not the norm for Alex. Alex is used to getting passing yards sporatically in the first 3 quarters, and handing off in the fourth. Its almost like Andy Reid is a very sadistic cat, playing with a mouse for 3 quarters giving the mouse just enough hope to keep fighting, and then in the 4th just unleashes hell and nothing can stop the Cats huge appetite.

By the way. YOU TUBE THAT PUNT RETURN BY DEX. He made a move so nasty in the middle of it, and no, not the spin move, but the lb was still laying on the ground when Dex scored. It was so nasty.

petegz28
09-29-2013, 09:26 PM

Strange? How is is strange? It's called poise.

Mav
09-29-2013, 09:31 PM

Its strange because it is so consistent. Its odd that a team routinely waits to look like a well oiled machine until the very last quarter, or every single game to start a season.

That's what makes it strange lol.

petegz28
09-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Its strange because it is so consistent. Its odd that a team routinely waits to look like a well oiled machine until the very last quarter, or every single game to start a season.

Not in KC. We made a living of that shit in the 90's. When you look at the games we have played just look at the time of possession. We have punted plenty this season, yes but we haven't have a ton of 3 and outs. We have kept opposing defenses on the field a long time.

So naturally when you get to the 4th quarter and you've been running side-side chasing our players as the West Coast offense will make you do, you are worn down and then those big o-lineman start leaning on you and the running game opens up.

Mav
09-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Not in KC. We made a living of that shit in the 90's. When you look at the games we have played just look at the time of possession. We have punted plenty this season, yes but we haven't have a ton of 3 and outs. We have kept opposing defenses on the field a long time.

So naturally when you get to the 4th quarter and you've been running side-side chasing our players as the West Coast offense will make you do, you are worn down and then those big o-lineman start leaning on you and the running game opens up.

Fair enough. Good post is good post.

l4z4rd
09-29-2013, 09:37 PM

They want to keep the game interesting for the fans. Blowout by halftime leads to boring games.

opposition
09-29-2013, 09:49 PM

What were you guys saying to each other going into the fourth quarter?

“For me, the energy level was really high, there; it has been, the last three weeks, in the fourth quarter. I get pretty fired up there, in the end; I get pretty jacked up, especially as we’re moving the ball. It’s a chance to really open the game up. When we’re in the huddle, you can feel it, a lot of energy.”

Alex has looked unstoppable at times throughout his career. Even the bad days with Niners, at times he would go lights out. That's one of the reasons he stayed so long in San Francisco was that potential.

Something in his head just seems to click and instead of the "digits"(I believe that's what Reid called them) going through his head, he starts just playing football.

Always felt if Alex could maintain that balance throughout a game, he would be viewed as one of the better QB's in the league. But as you said it only seems to click in when the game is on the line.

It's how it's always been with him.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Alex-Smith-Press-Conference-Transcript/d390ab42-31c6-4a4f-915e-883282399ba8

JENKINSWINS
09-29-2013, 09:53 PM
What were you guys saying to each other going into the fourth quarter?

“For me, the energy level was really high, there; it has been, the last three weeks, in the fourth quarter. I get pretty fired up there, in the end; I get pretty jacked up, especially as we’re moving the ball. It’s a chance to really open the game up. When we’re in the huddle, you can feel it, a lot of energy.”

Alex has looked unstoppable at times throughout his career. Even the bad days with Niners, at times he would go lights out. That's one of the reasons he stayed so long in San Francisco was that potential.

Something in his head just seems to click and instead of the "digits"(I believe that's what Reid called them) going through his head, he starts just playing football.

Always felt if Alex could maintain that balance throughout a game, he would be viewed as one of the better QB's in the league. But as you said it only seems to click in when the game is on the line.

It's how it's always been with him.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Alex-Smith-Press-Conference-Transcript/d390ab42-31c6-4a4f-915e-883282399ba8

I think Reid calls them gigabytes. I love how they go no huddle, it's crazy how fast they adapted it in their first year of this offense. It's not Peyton Manningest but it looks like it could get there. Alex is a smart football player.

a pp roach
09-29-2013, 09:56 PM
we lose this game with cassel at qb, no doubt.

splatbass
09-29-2013, 10:01 PM

I think Reid's grueling training camp has a lot to do with it too. The Chiefs seem as strong in the 4th as they are at the beginning. Good conditioning.

I've been saying the last couple of weeks that we are able to run in the 4th because the other D is worn down, but a lot of people have said it is because we go into the I formation in the 4th, and if we did it earlier we would do well. Well today we went with the I a couple of times early and weren't successful with it.

Mav
09-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Soooooooooooo, can we just kill this effing thread already?

Hammock Parties
09-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Hush now. It's only been 4 games.

opposition
09-29-2013, 10:15 PM
I think Reid calls them gigabytes. I love how they go no huddle, it's crazy how fast they adapted it in their first year of this offense. It's not Peyton Manningest but it looks like it could get there. Alex is a smart football player.

Yup gigabytes not digits. Thanks

bshmerlie
09-29-2013, 10:45 PM

So you're just waiting for a loss to say "I told you so"?

If they lose to Peyton Manning and the Broncos there's gonna be a lot of people on this board saying....."look he can't compete with an elite QB". But the thing is the Broncos are playing lights out in all aspects of the game. ...And Von Miller hasn't even played yet. But if we can go 14-2 I'd be happy with that. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm not going to abandon my fears after four games.

Ragged Robin
09-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Soooooooooooo, can we just kill this effing thread already?

At the very least he's proven he's AT LEAST average, that's a bit above suck :hmmm:

splatbass
09-29-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm not going to abandon my fears after four games.

Let go of your fears so you can finally be a man.

Coach
09-29-2013, 10:57 PM
At the very least he's proven he's AT LEAST average, that's a bit above suck :hmmm:

All I ever was hoping for out of Alex was not to be Mark Castle. That isn't really much to ask.

Truth be told, Alex, regardless of the competition or 4 weeks, whatever you want to call it, have exceeded my expectations. Plus, I'm sure there are a lot of CP members in here can remember that the offensive players from last year had NO faith under Castle.

It's really refreshing to see Smith, when pressured and can't find someone, takes off running for yardage, whereas last year, we were accustomed to the fetal position.....

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Is Eli elite?

ratchet
09-30-2013, 12:13 AM
If alex continues to play this way which is very possible this thread and the creator will look like a complete idiot. He's already looking like one right now.

Mav
09-30-2013, 12:20 AM

I would hope by now that you have at least a little bit of an understanding of what I mean when I post.

I mean, that a thread titled with this much ABSOLUTE is a problem in itself.

That's all. Sure there is still plenty of reason to be skeptical. I didn't say everyone file into the Church of LET MAV EDUCATE YOU ON THE GREATNESS OF ALEX SMITH, or anything like that.

just that it is very clear that his work under Jim Harbaugh was not a mirage, and he is continuing for the 3rd consecutive year to get better, and suck is not a word that can accurately describe Alex Smith.

So, how about you start a new thread. Alex is above average, he used to suck, but he could get better........

Hammock Parties
09-30-2013, 12:24 AM
The thread title is a joke.

It's a callback to this thread. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239963)

Mav
09-30-2013, 12:26 AM
The thread title is a joke.

It's a callback to this thread. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239963)

AHHHH. Thanks for the clarification.

Well then, carry on.

themanwithnoname
09-30-2013, 03:08 AM
I was actually impressed with Alex today. Mostly that he didn't shit the bed after that weird turnover fest there in the 2nd half. This was a team effort. When the defense needed them to get at least a breather they got it, and when the offense needed the defense to be stout or get a turnover they got it. Its nice to see the offense start to carry their weight as well, before late in the 4th quarter that is.

I especially liked the TD pass to Bowe, and even the INT, at least he tried to let Bowe do his thing but Bowe just plain let himself get beat (which is why the TD was big, lets him shrug off that). He put it in places I didn't expect he'd even try, and maybe in the future Avery hustles that whole route so he can nab that deep ball.

I liked his grit on his runs, although I think it'd be in his and the team's best interest if he refrains from going headfirst. Some nice scrambles. He had a really nice play on I think a pass to Charles, pocket collapsed, 3 Giants going for him and he just hung it out there nicely.

I still have concerns, like some of the weird throws he tried to make (that one where Charles had no way of seeing the ball and Alex kinda fwopped it over the defender ended up as an incompletion) but this is progress. They're gonna need more consistency though.

I'm also still disappointed in our run game. They got it clicking a few times, but just seems like if they'd setup the run first, then that play action pass would be there a lot more often, and Charles might have more chances to break big runs. I know the Giants keyed on Charles, but the o-line needs to get used to trying to block for him too.

whoman69
09-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Is Eli elite?

No, but then again neither is Eli.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2013, 08:49 AM

It's strange, because the normal Chiefs MO for so long, is to either fold like a house of cards or coast in the 4th.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Kansas City – Three Performances of Note

Efficiency from Smith

It’s far too often that we hear the term “game manager” thrown around, as it usually has more to do with a team’s defense and running game rather than a quarterback’s ability to actually manage the game. Alex Smith (+3.3) will certainly don the label if this season continues as is, and he certainly resembles the most common definition given the Chiefs’ recent reliance on defense and short passe — but to win in the NFL the QB must make some throws at some point, and Smith did just that on Sunday. While his aforementioned interception was a poor throw and he was saddled with another one on a drop from RB Jamaal Charles, it was his ability to move the chains in key situations that stood out. After completing only one pass beyond 10 yards in his previous game, Smith excelled at the intermediate (10-19 yard) level on Sunday, completing 8 of 12 passes for 161 yards and two touchdowns. Perhaps the throw of the game was his pass to TE Kevin Brock at the 9:07 mark of the fourth quarter. With Kansas City on a potential game-sealing drive, a penalty had them backed up for a 1st-and-25. Smith immediately erased the deficit with a beautifully placed pass up the seam in between four Giants. The pass was a perfect microcosm of this game for the Giants, as every glimmer of hope seemed to disappear quickly, and Smith’s efficient afternoon was a big reason for their inability to mount a comeback.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/30/refo-nyg-kc-week-4/

splatbass
09-30-2013, 09:01 AM
I still have concerns, like some of the weird throws he tried to make (that one where Charles had no way of seeing the ball and Alex kinda fwopped it over the defender ended up as an incompletion) but this is progress. They're gonna need more consistency though.

Charles had a way of seeing the ball - it's called turning his head. He was the check down, he should have been looking for the pass. Alex Smith was right to expect him to be ready to catch the ball, that one is all on Charles.

JENKINSWINS
09-30-2013, 09:07 AM
Charles had a way of seeing the ball - it's called turning his head. He was the check down, he should have been looking for the pass. Alex Smith was right to expect him to be ready to catch the ball, that one is all on Charles.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the pass where Charles was running down the left sideline. It was a broken play and Alex put it up where only Charles could get it. Charles just turned the wrong shoulder and had to adjust, making it a difficult catch. Still it hit his hands and would've been a great catch had he made it. It looked like he expected it on his outside shoulder but it was thrown to his inside. Like I said it was a broken play and they didn't expect the route to be ran that far.

duncan_idaho
09-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Kansas City – Three Performances of Note

Efficiency from Smith

It’s far too often that we hear the term “game manager” thrown around, as it usually has more to do with a team’s defense and running game rather than a quarterback’s ability to actually manage the game. Alex Smith (+3.3) will certainly don the label if this season continues as is, and he certainly resembles the most common definition given the Chiefs’ recent reliance on defense and short passe — but to win in the NFL the QB must make some throws at some point, and Smith did just that on Sunday. While his aforementioned interception was a poor throw and he was saddled with another one on a drop from RB Jamaal Charles, it was his ability to move the chains in key situations that stood out. After completing only one pass beyond 10 yards in his previous game, Smith excelled at the intermediate (10-19 yard) level on Sunday, completing 8 of 12 passes for 161 yards and two touchdowns. Perhaps the throw of the game was his pass to TE Kevin Brock at the 9:07 mark of the fourth quarter. With Kansas City on a potential game-sealing drive, a penalty had them backed up for a 1st-and-25. Smith immediately erased the deficit with a beautifully placed pass up the seam in between four Giants. The pass was a perfect microcosm of this game for the Giants, as every glimmer of hope seemed to disappear quickly, and Smith’s efficient afternoon was a big reason for their inability to mount a comeback.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/30/refo-nyg-kc-week-4/

Bolded is what many - myself included - have been waiting/hoping to see from Smith.

If he can continue to perform like that, consistently, I feel much better about the offense in general and particularly Smith.

King_Chief_Fan
09-30-2013, 09:40 AM
If alex continues to play this way which is very possible this thread and the creator will look like a complete idiot. He's already looking like one right now.

the creator of this thread is often looking like an idiot and is wrong quite often.

The best place for AS to be is on the creator of the post's hate list.

Clay, Gochiefs, Pam's forehead and whatever his name is this month is 180 on most things, this is just one example.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Bolded is what many - myself included - have been waiting/hoping to see from Smith.

If he can continue to perform like that, consistently, I feel much better about the offense in general and particularly Smith.

This.

Mav
09-30-2013, 10:56 AM
I was actually impressed with Alex today. Mostly that he didn't shit the bed after that weird turnover fest there in the 2nd half. This was a team effort. When the defense needed them to get at least a breather they got it, and when the offense needed the defense to be stout or get a turnover they got it. Its nice to see the offense start to carry their weight as well, before late in the 4th quarter that is.

I especially liked the TD pass to Bowe, and even the INT, at least he tried to let Bowe do his thing but Bowe just plain let himself get beat (which is why the TD was big, lets him shrug off that). He put it in places I didn't expect he'd even try, and maybe in the future Avery hustles that whole route so he can nab that deep ball.

I liked his grit on his runs, although I think it'd be in his and the team's best interest if he refrains from going headfirst. Some nice scrambles. He had a really nice play on I think a pass to Charles, pocket collapsed, 3 Giants going for him and he just hung it out there nicely.

I'm also still disappointed in our run game. They got it clicking a few times, but just seems like if they'd setup the run first, then that play action pass would be there a lot more often, and Charles might have more chances to break big runs. I know the Giants keyed on Charles, but the o-line needs to get used to trying to block for him too.

So, I AM GLAD I WASNT THE ONLY ONE TO SEE THAT!!!

I MENTIONED IT in the chat and got told to shut it, like I was defending Alex Smith. He definitely wasn't hustling until he saw the ball then tried to kick it into gear.

Mav
09-30-2013, 11:00 AM
This.

You picked a great game to go to.

philfree
09-30-2013, 11:13 AM
So is Alex Smith is on pace to put up Trent Green type numbers at this point? Looks like it and something that never gets mentioned is that Green had Gonzo to throw too.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2013, 11:15 AM
You picked a great game to go to.

It was a great quarter and some change, that's for sure.

It was frustrating seeing the defense play lights out and the offense struggle again in the first half, especially from my seats which were identical to the All-22 camera. Alex missed a lot of big plays because he decided to check down or run.

But like I said before, he flipped a switch at halftime. He started finding those routes that were open in the 1st half, and making some good throws. Yeah, the throw to Charles on the INT was a poor one, along with a bad break - but I'd much rather him play aggressively like he did in the 2nd half and make some mistakes than play "not to lose" like he did in the first half and most of the first three games.

And as one of the most vocal opponents of Dexter McCluster, I must say his return was impressive. He actually made people miss for the first time in his career. And he was running WIDE OPEN early in the game that had Alex thrown it, would have been a ridiculously easy TD.

So overall, great to see another excellent defensive effort, and great to see Alex finally come out of his shell and start pushing the ball downfield. That's going to have to continue if we have any hopes of beating/overtaking Denver.

JENKINSWINS
09-30-2013, 11:31 AM

It was frustrating seeing the defense play lights out and the offense struggle again in the first half, especially from my seats which were identical to the All-22 camera. Alex missed a lot of big plays because he decided to check down or run.

But like I said before, he flipped a switch at halftime. He started finding those routes that were open in the 1st half, and making some good throws. Yeah, the throw to Charles on the INT was a poor one, along with a bad break - but I'd much rather him play aggressively like he did in the 2nd half and make some mistakes than play "not to lose" like he did in the first half and most of the first three games.

And as one of the most vocal opponents of Dexter McCluster, I must say his return was impressive. He actually made people miss for the first time in his career. And he was running WIDE OPEN early in the game that had Alex thrown it, would have been a ridiculously easy TD.

So overall, great to see another excellent defensive effort, and great to see Alex finally come out of his shell and start pushing the ball downfield. That's going to have to continue if we have any hopes of beating/overtaking Denver.

The Oline allowed him to push the ball down the field, pass protection was the best I've seen so far from them. If they continue to play like that and if the WRs can catch the ball, this offense will be hard to stop. Especially with McGrath playing the way he is. Safeties are going to have to account for him now and will give the WRs some one on one match ups.

Mav
09-30-2013, 12:12 PM

I agree. Every week has been a learning process for the offense. They looked sharp in the second half.

While I agree with what you said, there were some horrendous drops in this game too.

Still a work in progress. Fun to be progressing while winning......

Beef Supreme
09-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Alex looked pretty good yesterday. I get the impression that if Alex has to stick it in to a tight spot, he can. But I have yet to see him throw a great pass that required touch, like dropping one over the top.

Hopefully the offense continues to improve. They definitely looked better yesterday.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2013, 01:24 PM
I agree. Every week has been a learning process for the offense. They looked sharp in the second half.

While I agree with what you said, there were some horrendous drops in this game too.

Still a work in progress. Fun to be progressing while winning......

Really sick of hearing about drops. They happen. To every QB in the league.

Denver leads the league in drops, and they are producing points at a historic level.

BigCatDaddy
09-30-2013, 01:30 PM
<b>Really sick of hearing about drops.</b> They happen. To every QB in the league.

Denver leads the league in drops, and they are producing points at a historic level.

That's found on page 54 paragraph 3 of The Big Book of Alexcuses.

JENKINSWINS
09-30-2013, 01:41 PM

Just like you to ignore all the positive stuff that has been posted. :clap:

BigCatDaddy
09-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Just like you to ignore all the positive stuff that has been posted. :clap:

Ignore? Hell, I've posted some "positive things". I'm pretty much on the same page as OTWP and Duncan in regards to Alice. See me bitching about 2 picks? Hell no! If the mother fucker is going to stretch the field a bit more like he did I'll live with those. It beats the hell out of a 180 yards 0 TD's 0 Int's most games.

Pitt Gorilla
09-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Smith will continue to improve as the offense continues to jell. If the TEs can get healthy and the O-Line gets their crap together, we'll be fine on O.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Ignore? Hell, I've posted some "positive things". I'm pretty much on the same page as OTWP and Duncan in regards to Alice. See me bitching about 2 picks? Hell no! If the mother fucker is going to stretch the field a bit more like he did I'll live with those. It beats the hell out of a 180 yards 0 TD's 0 Int's most games.

This.

You know what's funny?

Smith's biggest "haters" have all said a lot of positve things over the last 24 hours.

Yet the nuthuggers still find it necessary to make excuses for his two INTs.

No one is even bitching about the two INTs - in fact, most are saying they will be overlooked if Alex keeps playing aggressively.

BigCatDaddy
09-30-2013, 01:55 PM
This.

You know what's funny?

Smith's biggest "haters" have all said a lot of positve things over the last 24 hours.

No one is even bitching about the two INTs - in fact, most are saying they will be overlooked if Alex keeps playing aggressively.

Hell no. I like much more of what I saw of AS in this game than the others. For the first time I feel like I may not be condemned to Martyball 2.0. The whole don't turn it over, don't beat yourself, play conservative and win those regualar season games only to get beat in the playoffs where good teams don't beat themselves, they beat you.

I've said if for weeks. When I see that 330-350 yard game with 3 td's and 1 INT that results in a 31-28 win I'll be happy as well. I would be happy as hell if I saw that and we lost 31-28 because that shows he CAN do it need be and in the playoffs that type of performance is almost always needed.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Hell no. I like much more of what I saw of AS in this game than the others. For the first time I feel like I may not be condemned to Martyball 2.0. The whole don't turn it over, don't beat yourself, play conservative and win those regualar season games only to get beat in the playoffs where good teams don't beat themselves, they beat you.

I'll say I'm cautiously optimistic, keeping in mind that he's played this way for 2 out of a possible 16 quarters of football.

Hopefully this style of play becomes the rule rather than the exception.

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 01:59 PM
team Drops Attempts Drops per Attempt
1 Minnesota Vikings 2 125 0.016
2 Atlanta Falcons 3 173 0.01734104
3 Arizona Cardinals 3 153 0.019607843
4 Dallas Cowboys 3 152 0.019736842
5 Houston Texans 4 177 0.02259887
6 Indianapolis Colts 3 131 0.022900763
7 New Orleans Saints 3 127 0.023622047
8 Philadelphia Eagles 3 123 0.024390244
9 Green Bay Packers 3 122 0.024590164
10 Tennessee Titans 3 119 0.025210084
11 Oakland Raiders 3 116 0.025862069
12 Chicago Bears 4 148 0.027027027
13 Cincinnati Bengals 4 148 0.027027027
14 Pittsburgh Steelers 5 162 0.030864198
15 San Diego Chargers 5 142 0.035211268
16 Baltimore Ravens 6 169 0.035502959
17 Miami Dolphins 4 107 0.037383178
18 Cleveland Browns 7 183 0.038251366
19 Seattle Seahawks 4 104 0.038461538
20 Washington Redskins 7 170 0.041176471
21 New York Jets 6 137 0.04379562
22 Carolina Panthers 4 88 0.045454545
23 Jacksonville Jaguars 7 149 0.046979866
24 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 137 0.051094891
25 San Francisco 49ers 6 117 0.051282051
26 Buffalo Bills 7 130 0.053846154
27 Kansas City Chiefs 8 146 0.054794521
28 Detroit Lions 9 156 0.057692308
29 Denver Broncos 10 159 0.062893082
30 New England Patriots 10 158 0.063291139
31 New York Giants 10 155 0.064516129
32 St. Louis Rams 15 183 0.081967213

Drop Stats come from : http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Team Passing attempts come from the NFL website on the stats link.

BigCatDaddy
09-30-2013, 02:01 PM
I'll say I'm cautiously optimistic, keeping in mind that he's played this way for 2 out of a possible 16 quarters of football.

Hopefully this style of play becomes the rule rather than the exception.

It's so hard to predict as this point because he doesn't have the Greg Robinson Chiefs D's to make up for. I love the defense, but I'm looking foward to see how AS responds when things don't go well and we end up in a game where the opposing team puts up 30. Does he go Trent Green or does he go Matt Cassell. It will be fun.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2013, 02:02 PM
First, when you provide stats, also give a link.

Two, it appears as if those numbers are counting the Thursday night game, but not the Sunday action. We had 8 drops going into yesterday's game, and Denver led the league with 10.

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 02:07 PM
This.

You know what's funny?

If there are excuses to be had, they will be made.

But seriously, we've been painted into a corner of fighting back or walking away...you can't expect us to suddenly stop because you have. :D

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 02:07 PM
First, when you provide stats, also give a link.

Two, it appears as if those numbers are counting the Thursday night game, but not the Sunday action. We had 8 drops going into yesterday's game, and Denver led the league with 10.

You're right...my bad... on both accounts. It doesn't look like it is updated. I don't think it changes the meat of the stats. KC and Denver will still be badly ranked.

Sandy Vagina
09-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Not quite as dreadful as I first believed while watching live... still not good.

drops
Q1 - 12:58 - Avery drops easy one over the middle
Q2 - 14:52 - JC drops easy mid-screen
Q3 - 13:17 - Avery drops easy 1st down pass on 2nd
Q3 - 8:32 - JC flat route turned wheel route.. difficult catch at sideline dropped
Q4 - 11:12 - Avery again... again, the CB is in his back making early but timely contact.. this one, Avery had a fair chance it catching.. but failed to.

debatable drops
Q2 - 9:27 - Bowe drops a 3rd and 10 pass in tight coverage
* should have been a DPI for grabbing 82's left shoulder early*
Q2 - 3:09 - Amukamara very physical w/ Avery + gets arm in from behind to knock ball out.
* refs could have thrown the DPI for right arm hold, but a 50/50 call *
Q3 - 5:22 - ball was behind JC, who got two hands on ball, but allowed it to hover in the air.. then JC's leg kicks it higher and it takes some bad bounces on bodies for a incredibly unlucky INT.

not a drop, but... wtf?
Q2 - 9:35 - JC goes out on a wheel route and never turns to look for pass?
Q3 - 4:15 - ball was a little late and Avery waited for it.. the CB behind him was a touch early and contacted Avery while reaching arms in. Just a nice defensive play that occasionally gets called DPI. I had originally thought it a drop.

Hammock Parties
09-30-2013, 03:35 PM
We have dropped a lot of passes this year according to PFF.

13 drops in 4 games, 4th highest. Drop percentage is 8.9%, 3rd highest.

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 03:39 PM
We have dropped a lot of passes this year according to PFF.

13 drops in 4 games, 4th highest. Drop percentage is 8.9%, 3rd highest.

My needing updated stats had us at 5th highest drop %. So yeah, it's pretty bad, but the team is overcoming it... Just more things to fix that can make the Chiefs even better.

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Alex Smith is Cassel 2.0 herp derp

Mav
09-30-2013, 04:17 PM

No. It has nothing to do with Alex.

I was simply a point of stating the obvious. keep working to get better every week.

And I don't care if someone is tired of hearing about it.

They don't get tired of stating how Alex missed an open receiver, or missed a pass, but drops, THE THING RECEIVERS GET PAID TO DO, should get overlooked?

How about no. How about I don't overlook it. How about I just state what I have stated EVERY WEEK. Keep GETTING BETTER.

Mav
09-30-2013, 04:20 PM
This.

You know what's funny?

I am his biggest nut hugger here. I haven't said anything about the ints.

I mentioned drops. Avery had a horrid one across the middle. Bowe dropped one on third down. I don't understand why its not okay to suggest that there are things to get worked on.

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 05:04 PM
I am his biggest nut hugger here. I haven't said anything about the ints.

I mentioned drops. Avery had a horrid one across the middle. Bowe dropped one on third down. I don't understand why its not okay to suggest that there are things to get worked on.

In this case, I think he was talking about me.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2013, 05:06 PM
In this case, I think he was talking about me.

Not just you.

I got home from KC last night minutes before the Breaking Bad finale, watched it and Talking Bad, then caught up on the day's activities here on CP.

A lot of people - Chiefs and Niners fans both - were bending over backwards to excuse the INT's. It continued a bit today.

Just not sure why people feel the need. Defending any and all mistakes made by one Alex Smith is like breathing to some folks - they have to do it to live.

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Not just you.

I got home from KC last night minutes before the Breaking Bad finale, watched it and Talking Bad, then caught up on the day's activities here on CP.

A lot of people - Chiefs and Niners fans both - were bending over backwards to excuse the INT's. It continued a bit today.

Just not sure why people feel the need. Defending any and all mistakes made by one Alex Smith is like breathing to some folks - they have to do it to live.

Like I said..beaten wife syndrome.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2013, 05:26 PM

He's not the turnover machine that Casshole was.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2013, 05:29 PM

He's on pace for 4400 total yards. He isn't RRPP his way to victory.

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 05:29 PM

That's one....I can come up with a few more and I never had to endure that era of Chief football.

petegz28
09-30-2013, 05:30 PM

Or the horrendously inaccurate passer
Or the pant-shitting, fetal fucker

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2013, 05:35 PM
He's on pace for 4400 total yards. He isn't RRPP his way to victory.

I would hope not; that means Herm is in the booth calling plays.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Or the pant-shitting, fetal fucker

This is true. However, he needs to Unleash That Dragon. Even Gannon would do it now and again.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2013, 05:37 PM
I would hope not; that means Herm is in the booth calling plays.

Maybe the Hermines can reform at U$C

BigCatDaddy

That's no shit. Matt has led an offense that point up 34 points in a game this year and had a QB rating of 129. Alex Smith hasn't done anywhere near that in 3 more opportunities.

NinerDoug
Or the pant-shitting, fetal ****er

So, sounds like he needs a nickname.

How about Matt "The fetus" Cassel.

NinerDoug
09-30-2013, 05:38 PM
That's no shit. Matt has led an offense that point up 34 points in a game this year and a QB rating of 129. Alex Smith hasn't done anywhere near that in 3 more opportunities.

So, sounds like you would prefer Cassel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Maybe the Hermines can reform at U$C

Oooh...Herm as head coach at SC. I'm lovin' it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2013, 05:39 PM

People love their stats around here; makes 'em feel like they know something in life.

No disrespect to Big Cat, just a general observation.

BigCatDaddy
09-30-2013, 05:41 PM

I can see Cassel playing the Rich Gannon to Christian Ponder(Grbac).

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 05:44 PM
That's no shit. Matt has led an offense that point up 34 points in a game this year and had a QB rating of 129. Alex Smith hasn't done anywhere near that in 3 more opportunities.

LOL ROFL

I agree. I was just mocking the guys that use Alice QB rating as a reason why he is so valuable.

Hammock Parties
09-30-2013, 05:55 PM

This is the one thing I'll cop to being wrong about so far.

Alex has done a great job of keeping the offense afloat with the running game struggling.

Cassel would have been shitting out explosive diarrhea all over Arrowhead.

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2013, 05:56 PM

BigCatDaddy herp derp

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2013, 06:00 PM
This is the one thing I'll cop to being wrong about so far.

Alex has done a great job of keeping the offense afloat with the running game struggling.

Cassel would have been shitting out explosive diarrhea all over Arrowhead.

Yep.

Is he Cassel 2.0? No.

Is he good? Yes.

Is he a Great One? No, not yet.

Those are my concessions as it stands today.

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Yep.

Is he Cassel 2.0? No.

Is he good? Yes.

Define "great one"? Top 10? Top 5? Top 3?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Define "great one"? Top 10? Top 5? Top 3?

Easy:

Multiple Super Bowl Winner. At least two.

mdchiefsfan
09-30-2013, 06:06 PM

I disagree with what you are saying about beating Denver. Small ball will beat them by keeping Payton off the field.

The reason i wanted to see the offense fire shots downfield was in the event of us getting down by 10 or more points. We needed to know that we can play shoot out offense. But if you think the key to beating Denver is getting huge chunks of yards at a time you are mistaken.

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Easy:

Multiple Super Bowl Winner. At least two.

So Peyton Manning isn't a great one..Dan Marino is the Suck..heck even Aarron Rogers and Brees don't make the cut.

Were talking Montana, Brady, Elway, Bradshaw, Staubach, Big Ben...Bart Star.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2013, 06:12 PM
So Peyton Manning isn't a great one..Dan Marino is the Suck..heck even Aarron Rogers and Brees don't make the cut.

Your coming at things from a stat perspective. That shit means nothing to me.

A great QB is one who when he gets to the CG and then the SB, gets it the fuck DONE.

NinerDoug
09-30-2013, 06:14 PM

Sorry, but any "Great One" standard that leaves out Steve Young doesn't pass muster, IMO.

NinerDoug
09-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Yep.

Is he Cassel 2.0? No.

Is he good? Yes.

I don't think any reasonable person could disagree with this.

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Your coming at things from a stat perspective. That shit means nothing to me.

A great QB is one who when he gets to the CG and then the SB, gets it the **** DONE.

Stats? I listed most if not all of the multiple superbowl winners. I may have forgotten a few... Eli and Jim Plunkett for instance.

Jakemall
09-30-2013, 06:18 PM
I don't think any reasonable person could disagree with this.

Nope. I was just curious what he called a "great one". Most people are talking about Brees, Manning, Rogers and Brady...but he's taking it to the truly great. Even beyond simply HoF type.

I don't see Alex ever becoming one of those. I'd love to be wrong though.

NinerDoug
09-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Stats? I listed most if not all of the multiple superbowl winners. I may have forgotten a few... Eli and Jim Plunkett for instance.

Any "great one" analysis that includes Eli is fatally flawed.

ChiefsCountry
09-30-2013, 06:19 PM

ROFL

NinerDoug
09-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Nope. I was just curious what he called a "great one". Most people are talking about Brees, Manning, Rogers and Brady...but he's taking it to the truly great. Even beyond simply HoF type.

Well, he certainly hasn't done anything to date to deserve that kind of projection.

On the other hand, he is passing now more than ever before, and it appears to be working. He is looking better than I can ever recall, and in week 4 of a new team, new system.

So, who knows where he goes from here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2013, 06:24 PM

Not at all. You don't think his brother wouldn't KILL to have that second ring?

When the stage was set, Eli made the fucking donuts. End of story.

Winning the Big Game is what this league is all about. And more to the point; for a franchise that hasn't even sniffed one much less won one in Eleventy Billion years, it should be all that matters.

You have your measuring stick, I have mine.

Baby Lee
09-30-2013, 06:24 PM

Finally, a little rationality from you nuthuggers. So you admit Alice isn't perfect.

Thank you, . . . so much!!

Was that so hard?

NinerDoug
09-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Not at all. You don't think his brother wouldn't KILL to have that second ring?

When the stage was set, Eli made the ****ing donuts. End of story.

Winning the Big Game is what this league is all about. And more to the point; for a franchise that hasn't even sniffed one much less won one in Eleventy Billion years, it should be all that matters.

You have your measuring stick, I have mine.

No doubt he would. But who is the better QB?

I rest my case.